时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Elementary… | 《福尔摩斯: 演绎法》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | I lied the other night when I said I hadn’t seen the captain. | 那晚我说我没见过警监是在骗你 |
[00:04] | Because of my transgressions, neither one of us | 因为我违反了规定 所以我们俩 |
[00:07] | will be permitted to consult for the department again. | 都不会被允许再做警局的顾问了 |
[00:10] | Your father called. He’s gonna be here tomorrow. | 你父亲打电话来了 他明天就会到了 |
[00:12] | You’ve made a mess, Sherlock. | 你闯了祸 夏洛克 |
[00:14] | I’m here to fix it. | 我是来给你善后的 |
[00:21] | Oh, what a shame. | 真可惜 |
[00:23] | History repeats itself, I’m afraid. | 恐怕历史总是在重演 |
[00:24] | We’re out of Tienchi Flower. | 我们的田七花茶没了 |
[00:27] | This happens to you often? | 这事经常发生吗 |
[00:29] | Well, it happened rather famously | 你之前唯一一次来访贝克街时 |
[00:30] | on your one and only visit to Baker Street. | 就曾经典上演过 |
[00:32] | Or do you not recall excoriating me | 还是你忘了当时曾叱责我 |
[00:34] | for not stocking your favorite tea? | 没储备你最喜欢的花茶 |
[00:36] | It won’t happen today. | 今天不会再发生了 |
[00:38] | I gave up Tienchi | 我不喝田七了 |
[00:40] | in 2003. | 从2003年开始 |
[00:41] | Well, despite of our infrequent correspondence, | 虽然咱们很少通信 |
[00:42] | I’ve not forgotten the core tenets of our relationship, | 但我没忘记咱俩相处之中的重要原则 |
[00:45] | so I can spare you the speech. | 所以你就不用多费口舌了 |
[00:46] | I thought to be a great detective, | 我还以为如果要成为伟大的侦探 |
[00:48] | one had to be a great listener. | 首先要做一个很好的聆听者呢 |
[00:50] | I listened closely for years. | 我仔细聆听了很多年 |
[00:51] | You’re too busy to have patience for weakness, | 可你太忙 没耐心听人示弱 |
[00:53] | real or imagined, and that hasn’t changed. | 无论对方是真弱假弱 而且这点丝毫没变 |
[00:56] | I don’t need reminding that a relapse is grounds for eviction. | 你不需要提醒我复吸的代价是驱逐 |
[01:00] | I told you… I’m here to help. | 我跟你说了 我是来帮忙的 |
[01:02] | ‘Cause that’s what you do– you help people? | 你会帮助他人吗 |
[01:03] | I help you… Sherlock. | 我会帮助你 夏洛克 |
[01:06] | We might have different definitions of that word. | 也许咱们对这词的理解有些不同 |
[01:08] | Several years ago, | 几年前 |
[01:09] | who forced you into rehab? | 是谁逼你戒毒的 |
[01:11] | Who paired you with Miss Watson? | 是谁给你找来了华生小姐 |
[01:13] | Who set you on the path from which you have fallen? | 是谁在你跌倒时将你扶回了正轨 |
[01:16] | So tell me, father, how are you to help me this time? | 那告诉我 父亲 你这次要怎么帮我 |
[01:18] | Give your assent, and I will see you restored | 只要你同意 我就会帮你恢复 |
[01:21] | to the employ of the New York Police Department. | 纽约警局的顾问职位 |
[01:25] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[01:26] | When you had your troubles in London, | 当你在伦敦遇到麻烦时 |
[01:28] | I lost faith in you. | 我对你失去了信心 |
[01:31] | I provided for you in New York | 我将你安置在纽约 |
[01:33] | because I wanted you out of sight and mind. | 是因为我觉得眼不见心不烦 |
[01:39] | Little did I know | 我未料到的是 |
[01:40] | that the untended corner of the garden | 花园那被忽视的一角 |
[01:42] | would grow so strong and healthy. | 竟能长得这么强壮和健康 |
[01:44] | Yes, I’m quite robust… seven whole days sober. | 是 我是挺强健的 整整七天没吸毒了 |
[01:47] | I’m not talking about the last few days. | 我说的不是这几天 |
[01:52] | I’m talking about the last few years. | 我说的是近几年 |
[01:56] | I respect what you’ve built here, | 我敬佩你在这里的成就 |
[01:58] | the work you’ve done. | 你完成的那些工作 |
[02:02] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[02:04] | Didn’t think I would be. | 从没想过我会有如此感受 |
[02:07] | In the early days, | 在最初的日子里 |
[02:09] | Miss Watson and I communicated by e-mail. | 华生小姐和我通过电子邮件交流 |
[02:13] | She described the support system you were building. | 她描述了你打造的支援体系 |
[02:17] | How your job at the department was an important part of it. | 以及你在局里的工作是其中如何重要的一环 |
[02:21] | You have structure there, friends. | 你在那里有组织 有朋友 |
[02:25] | I fear that without it, you’d struggle. | 我怕没了它 你会陷入困境 |
[02:27] | I have Watson, I have a program, | 我有华生 我有自己的项目 |
[02:30] | and the department does not have a monopoly | 而且警局对罪案调查 |
[02:32] | on investigative work. | 又没形成垄断 |
[02:33] | Perhaps I’m wrong to worry. | 也许我的担心是错的 |
[02:36] | You know how often I’m wrong. | 你知道我有多容易犯错 |
[02:42] | I don’t know how long I’ll be in New York, | 我不知道我会在纽约待多久 |
[02:45] | but the offer is a standing one. | 但这个提议长期有效 |
[02:47] | Quite simple for me to reverse your status with the police | 恢复你在警局的位子对我来说非常简单 |
[02:51] | if that’s what you and Miss Watson want. | 如果你和华生小姐有此意愿的话 |
[02:54] | Well, I can’t speak for her. | 我不能替她做决定 |
[02:55] | Of course not. | 当然不能 |
[02:58] | I am hoping you will introduce us, | 我希望你能介绍我俩认识 |
[03:00] | so I can extend the same offer myself. | 这样我就能自己提出邀请了 |
[03:04] | And I want to thank her. | 而且我想感谢她 |
[03:08] | She saved my son’s life. | 她救了我儿子的命 |
[03:17] | Taxes should be raised on the rich. | 富人应该加税 |
[03:20] | A: Agree. | A 同意 |
[03:23] | B: Disagree. | B 不同意 |
[03:29] | Hey, Dr. Sarkisian, I-I need a break. | 萨基希安医生 我需要休息一下 |
[03:33] | The minimum wage should be raised. | 最低工资应该提高 |
[03:35] | A: agree, B: disagree. | A 同意 B 不同意 |
[03:39] | Seriously, I don’t want to screw up your study, | 真的 我不想搞砸你的研究 |
[03:40] | but I can’t take it anymore. Give me a minute, all right? | 但我扛不住了 让我休息会好吗 |
[03:42] | Terrorists do not deserve due process. | 恐怖分子不配走正当程序 |
[03:46] | A: agree, B: disagree. | A 同意 B 不同意 |
[03:55] | Both legal and illegal immigration should be curbed. | 合法和不法移民都应受到限制 |
[03:58] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[03:59] | A: agree | A 同意 |
[04:01] | Are you guys in there? | 你们在吗 |
[04:02] | B: disagree. | B 不同意 |
[04:06] | Oh, my God. Oh, my… | 我的天 我的… |
[04:31] | Have you been sitting there since last night? | 你从昨晚坐到了现在吗 |
[04:34] | Last night, I came home, you said you were thinking, | 昨晚我回家 你说你在思考 |
[04:36] | I went to bed. | 我就去睡觉了 |
[04:38] | You’re dressed for work. | 你穿了正装 |
[04:40] | You seem slow today. Not great timing. | 你今天好像有些迟钝 节奏跟不上啊 |
[04:43] | We’re due at the scene of a triple homicide. | 我们要去一起三重谋杀案现场 |
[04:45] | What? | 什么 |
[04:46] | We have a job interview. | 我们有了份工作面试 |
[04:48] | Sort of. Audition might be a better way of putting it. | 算是吧 也许说是试镜更好 |
[04:50] | With whom? | 跟谁啊 |
[04:51] | Gary Burke. He’s FBI. | 加里·博克 联调局的 |
[04:53] | I met him while you were working for MI6. | 你给军情六处工作时我认识的 |
[04:55] | He’s a little buttoned-up, | 他有些沉默寡言 |
[04:56] | but I think he’s the kind of guy we can get along with. | 但我觉得他是那种我们能相处好的人 |
[04:58] | Well, he is, if he’s routinely in charge | 肯定能 如果他经常负责 |
[04:59] | of triple homicide investigations. | 三重谋杀案调查的话 |
[05:01] | I don’t know how routine it is, | 我不知道他有多经常 |
[05:02] | but he caught one this morning. | 但他今早接到了一件 |
[05:03] | Three dead at a Neuro-economics lab in Harlem. | 哈莱姆的神经经济学实验室发现三具死尸 |
[05:06] | Some top-secret research was stolen. | 某项顶级机密的研究被偷走了 |
[05:07] | I convinced him that he could use our expertise | 我说服他 我们在神经经济学上有专长 |
[05:10] | in neuro-economics. | 可以帮到他 |
[05:12] | Are you an expert in neuro-economics? | 你是神经经济学专家吗 |
[05:14] | I mean, compared to an FBI agent, apparently. | 当然 和一个联调局探员比的话 |
[05:19] | We can bone up on the way. | 我们可以在路上临时抱抱佛脚 |
[05:21] | He’s the only one who called me back. | 他是唯一一个给我回电话的 |
[05:22] | Do you want to work or not? | 你到底想不想工作了 |
[05:28] | Joan. It’s nice to see you again. | 乔恩 很高兴再见到你 |
[05:31] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[05:31] | You must be Mr. Holmes. | 你一定就是福尔摩斯先生了 |
[05:33] | Special Agent Gary Burke. | 我是加里·博克探员 |
[05:34] | Thank you for the invitation. | 谢谢你的邀请 |
[05:36] | Yeah, about that. A few ground rules. | 关于这个 有一些基本规矩 |
[05:38] | I know you guys are used to having some latitude, | 我知道你们习惯了有些自由 |
[05:41] | but on this, you go where I go, and that’s it. | 但这案子 你们只能跟着我走 |
[05:43] | Got it? | 明白了吗 |
[05:46] | Okay. We got two dead scientists, | 好 死了两个科学家 |
[05:48] | one dead test subject, | 还有一个实验对象 |
[05:50] | and seven hard drives stolen. | 七台电脑硬盘被偷 |
[05:52] | Janitors found the bodies early this morning. | 门卫今早发现了尸体 |
[05:55] | Would we be right in assuming | 我们能不能认为其中一台 |
[05:56] | that one of the stolen computers had the surveillance video on it? | 被偷的电脑里存着监控录像 |
[05:59] | You would. | 没错 |
[06:00] | And the contents of the other six are the reason | 而另外六个就是这案子 |
[06:01] | that this is a matter for the FBI and not the NYPD? | 归联调局而不是纽约警局管的原因 |
[06:04] | Yes, but, uh, let our DARPA buddies explain the rest. | 对 剩下的让先研局的人给你们解释吧 |
[06:08] | They just arrived, too. | 他们也刚到了 |
[06:12] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[06:13] | Good morning. | 早 |
[06:14] | Samuel Meher. Deputy Director. | 我是副局长塞缪尔·梅黑尔 |
[06:15] | This is Alta Von See, | 这是奥塔·万希 |
[06:17] | our head of special projects. | 我们的特殊项目主管 |
[06:18] | The director wanted to be here himself, | 局长本来想亲自来的 |
[06:19] | but he had to brief Congressional Oversight. | 但他得给国会监督组做简报 |
[06:21] | About this? | 关于这事吗 |
[06:22] | We fund hundreds of projects, | 我们资助着数百个项目 |
[06:23] | but these researchers are really onto something special here. | 但这些研究者所做的事情真的很特殊 |
[06:26] | This is more than a tragedy for the families. | 这不仅仅是几个家庭的悲剧 |
[06:28] | The work that was taken– it’s big. | 被偷走的成果非常重大 |
[06:31] | I assume you’re at liberty to use more precise descriptives | 我想你应该能详细描述一下 |
[06:34] | to explain what was stolen? | 被偷的是什么吧 |
[06:35] | How much do you know about neuro-economics? | 你们对神经经济学了解多少 |
[06:37] | We’re experts. | 我们是专家 |
[06:38] | Well, I’m not, so go slow. | 但我不是 所以慢慢说 |
[06:42] | Dr. Sarkisian and Dr. Weller | 萨基希安医生和韦勒医生 |
[06:43] | were mapping the loci in the brain | 正在标记情绪反应被触发 |
[06:45] | that light up when emotional responses | 及意见产生变化时 |
[06:48] | are triggered, when opinions change. | 大脑中被点亮的区域 |
[06:50] | They were using the data to perfect an algorithm. | 他们利用这些数据来完善一种算法 |
[06:53] | It works a little like a personalized search. | 有点像是种个性化的搜索 |
[06:55] | The program curates the news a user reads online. | 程序会生成读者在网上阅读的新闻 |
[06:58] | Curates? | 生成 |
[06:59] | The program learns what kind of stories you respond to | 程序会知道哪些故事会让你产生反应 |
[07:01] | and gives you more of what you want, | 并提供更多你想要的东西 |
[07:04] | as a delivery system for favorable narratives. | 就像一个传输系统 能给你你喜欢的故事 |
[07:07] | It renders users’ opinions more fluid. | 它能让用户的观点更有流动性 |
[07:10] | In a nutshell, Agent Burke, | 简而言之 博克探员 |
[07:11] | they’re perfecting the art of brainwashing. | 他们在完善洗脑的艺术 |
[07:13] | Well, that’s not how we’d put it. | 我们不会这么说 |
[07:14] | It’s… a weapon of soft power. | 这是一种软实力武器 |
[07:18] | Sarkisian and Weller hadn’t presented the results. | 萨基希安和韦勒还没有发表结果 |
[07:20] | They weren’t out of beta-testing. | 他们还没做完内测 |
[07:22] | But we had high hopes. | 但我们期望很高 |
[07:26] | Dr. Gail Sarkisian. | 盖尔· 萨基希安医生 |
[07:28] | Figure she was killed first. | 她应该是先被杀的 |
[07:29] | She’s closest to the door. | 她离门口最近 |
[07:32] | Shots fired from extremely close range. | 开枪距离极近 |
[07:34] | Dr. Frank Weller was next. | 接下来是弗兰克·韦勒医生 |
[07:37] | Shooter double-tapped him, too. Smooth. | 凶手也朝他开了两枪 干净利落 |
[07:39] | Like a pro. | 像是职业杀手 |
[07:41] | The test subject in the next room | 隔壁的实验对象 |
[07:42] | was a grad student volunteer. | 是一位研究生志愿者 |
[07:44] | Ollie Tate. | 名叫奥利·塔特 |
[07:45] | No signs of a struggle. | 没有挣扎的痕迹 |
[07:47] | Everything must have happened quickly. | 一切都发生得很快 |
[07:48] | Like I said, we’re looking at a pro. | 正如我说的 我们要找的是个职业杀手 |
[07:53] | Mr. Holmes? | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[07:57] | This rat is quite recently dead. | 这只老鼠刚死没多久 |
[07:59] | There are no visible signs of injury. | 没有明显的外伤 |
[08:03] | Well, there was a lot of commotion last night. | 昨晚这里动静很大 |
[08:05] | Maybe he had a tiny rat heart attack. | 它可能是心脏病犯了 |
[08:07] | You jest, but rats are quite prone to cardiovascular disease. | 你在说笑 但老鼠确实很容易得心脏病 |
[08:11] | How do you think the killer got inside? | 你们觉得凶手是怎么进来的 |
[08:14] | I think perhaps Dr. Sarkisian let him in. | 我觉得可能是萨基希安医生带他进来的 |
[08:17] | Perhaps she knew him. | 也许她认识他 |
[08:19] | On the way in here, we passed through two doors | 来这里的路上 我们经过了两道 |
[08:21] | which required a key card for access. | 需要门卡才能开的门 |
[08:24] | Dr. Sarkisian’s is not hanging on the lanyard around her neck, | 萨基希安医生的门卡没跟韦勒医生一样 |
[08:28] | as is Dr. Weller’s, so… | 挂在脖子上 所以… |
[08:34] | She was shot after walking the killer inside. | 她是在带凶手走进来后被杀的 |
[08:40] | Doesn’t look like she kept much personal stuff here. | 她好像没在这里放太多私人物品 |
[08:43] | Want to get to know her better. | 要想更了解她 |
[08:44] | We should talk to her family and friends. | 我们得跟她的家人和朋友谈谈 |
[08:46] | Maybe go to her home, poke around? | 也许该去她家四处看看 |
[08:48] | We’ve already got a team there. | 我们已经派人去了 |
[08:49] | Should we meet them there? | 我们要去那里跟他们汇合吗 |
[08:52] | I’ve got to finish up here, stay in my lane, | 我要把这里的事处理完 |
[08:54] | but if you two want to take off now, that’s fine. | 但如果你们要离开 也没关系 |
[08:58] | “Take off” as in go home? | “离开”是指回家吗 |
[09:01] | We want to be as helpful as we can, Gary. | 我们想尽可能提供帮助 加里 |
[09:03] | Our schedule’s pretty open right now. | 我们现在日程表很空 |
[09:07] | If we think we need a hand with anything we find | 如果我们在萨基希安医生家有任何发现 |
[09:10] | at Dr. Sarkisian’s, we’ll send it to you. | 需要你们帮忙 我们会给你们看的 |
[09:14] | Good enough? | 这样行了吧 |
[09:17] | Whilst it’s certainly convenient | 虽然在家里调查 |
[09:19] | to investigate from the comfort of one’s home, | 既方便又舒服 |
[09:21] | I do find the FBI’s team approach a little off-putting. | 但我还是觉得联调局这么做有点过分 |
[09:25] | We’re a team. | 同意 |
[09:28] | I’m confused as to how much help we can be | 我不知道咱们跟在博克探员屁股后面 |
[09:30] | attached to Agent Burke’s hip. | 能帮上多大忙 |
[09:32] | A murder investigation is not a three-legged race. | 调查谋杀案又不是两人三足比赛 |
[09:36] | Well, we prove ourselves on this one, | 如果我们能在这案子中证明自己 |
[09:37] | and maybe they give a little more leeway on the next one. | 也许下次他们就能给我们更大的空间 |
[09:40] | Or we could return to the NYPD | 或者我们可以回到 |
[09:42] | where our colleagues already know our worth. | 已经了解我们价值的纽约警局去 |
[09:44] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[09:46] | I met with Father yesterday. | 我昨天见过父亲了 |
[09:48] | He’s offered to resurrect our consultancy with the department. | 他提出让我们重新回警局去做顾问 |
[09:52] | Wait. You actually saw your father? | 等等 你真的见到你父亲了吗 |
[09:53] | He came here while you were running errands. | 你出去办事的时候他来了 |
[09:57] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[09:58] | Do I seem otherwise? | 我看起来像有事吗 |
[10:00] | Well, you haven’t seen him in what… | 你已经有多久没见过他了… |
[10:02] | five years, more? | 五年 还是更久 |
[10:06] | Look, I think it’s nice that he wants to help, | 听着 我觉得他想帮我们这很好 |
[10:08] | but you know we can’t go back to the department- | 但你知道我们没法回警局去 |
[10:09] | it’s not possible. | 根本不可能 |
[10:10] | Neither was war in the Falklands, | 马岛战争也不可能发生 |
[10:11] | but the old man tends to get what he wants. | 但我父亲总能得到他想要的 |
[10:13] | I can’t tell if you’re being serious right now. | 我不知道你现在是不是认真的 |
[10:15] | How much do you really know of my father? | 你对我父亲究竟了解多少 |
[10:17] | We’ve rarely broached the terms of your initial employment. | 我们几乎没提过你之前被他雇佣的细节 |
[10:20] | Mostly I dealt with people under him. | 通常我都是跟他的下属打交道 |
[10:22] | I know he’s some sort of international consultant. | 我知道他是某种国际顾问 |
[10:24] | It is true, I am not the first consultant in the family, | 没错 我不是我们家的第一个顾问 |
[10:27] | but the title is where the similarities end. | 但相似之处也就只有这个名头了 |
[10:30] | Father’s business exists to grease the skids | 父亲的工作是上下打点 |
[10:32] | so that politicians and corporations can operate around the globe. | 以便政治家和企业能在全球运转 |
[10:36] | Sometimes these are noble ventures. | 有时候这些风险是有着崇高名义的 |
[10:38] | More often, they are not. | 但更多的时候没有 |
[10:40] | But they happen | 但它们仍能成功 |
[10:40] | because Father is an influence peddler par excellence. | 因为父亲是个卓越的兜售者 |
[10:44] | And if he says he can restore us, he means it. | 如果他说能把我们安排回去 那就一定能 |
[10:48] | What did you say? | 你怎么回答他的 |
[10:50] | I did not. | 我没回答 |
[10:51] | I’m not sure it would be worth the cost. | 我不确定值不值得付出代价 |
[10:54] | What cost? | 什么代价 |
[10:54] | The one we would incur | 我们接受他的提议之后 |
[10:55] | by accepting his offer. | 需要付出的代价 |
[10:58] | Did he ask us to do something? | 他让我们做什么事了吗 |
[10:59] | No, but it’s only a matter of time. | 没有 但这只是时间问题 |
[11:01] | With him, there is always a cost. | 和他做交易 总是会有代价的 |
[11:04] | The toll always comes due. | 欠了他的你总会还上 |
[11:08] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[11:09] | it’s not my decision to make, | 这不该由我个人做决定 |
[11:11] | it’s ours. | 我们要一起决定 |
[11:15] | Well, he’s your father. | 他毕竟是你父亲 |
[11:17] | But as you said, we are a team. | 但你说过 我们是一个团队 |
[11:20] | You deserve a chance to meet the man, | 你该见见他 |
[11:22] | find out if Morland Holmes | 看看你想不想 |
[11:24] | is someone you want to be indebted to. | 欠上莫兰德·福尔摩斯的债 |
[11:30] | I find the Chinese character suspicious, don’t you? | 我觉得汉字很可疑 你呢 |
[11:33] | Not their national fibre… | 不是因为他们限制了网络 |
[11:35] | the marking on this note. | 是这张纸上的这个字 |
[11:39] | It means “Beautiful.” | 意思是”美” |
[11:40] | I am aware. | 我知道 |
[11:42] | The indentations on the card | 卡片上的压痕表明 |
[11:44] | reveal that it was used in a bouquet. | 它曾被放在一束花里 |
[11:46] | “August 20– | “8月20日 |
[11:46] | a day I will never forget. XO, DZ.” | 我永生难忘的一天 亲亲 DZ” |
[11:49] | “D Zed” Sent three more bouquets | DZ送过不止三次花 |
[11:52] | with similar notes. | 都夹着这种便条 |
[11:54] | Dr. Sarkisian’s little-used social media accounts | 萨基希安医生鲜少使用的社交网络账号 |
[11:56] | are peppered with risque communiqués | 却和账号”外交官丹” |
[11:58] | from a “DiplomatDan.” | 卿卿我我 打得一片火热 |
[12:01] | Now, as luck would have it, there is a Dan Zheng | 碰巧的是 正好有个郑丹 |
[12:04] | who works as a staffer at China’s U.N. Mission. | 任职于中国驻联合国代表团 |
[12:08] | So DZ, Dan Zheng, DiplomatDan, | DZ 郑丹 外交官丹 |
[12:11] | they’re one and the same? | 他们是同一个人 |
[12:12] | I think “SpyDan” might be a more accurate moniker. | 我觉得叫”间谍丹”可能更准确 |
[12:15] | Perhaps even “KillerDan.” | 甚至可能是”杀手丹” |
[12:17] | He wouldn’t be the first covert operative | 他肯定不是第一个 |
[12:19] | to travel with diplomatic immunity. | 有外交豁免权的秘密特工 |
[12:21] | Zheng’s functional immunity would not extend to murder, | 郑的公务豁免权应该不能豁免谋杀罪 |
[12:24] | but he could make sense as a triggerman. | 但他要是开枪者就说得通了 |
[12:25] | He’s been pitching woo at Dr. Sarkisian for months, | 他追求萨基希安医生好几个月了 |
[12:28] | so she may have let him into the building. | 所以她可能让他进了大楼 |
[12:30] | Okay, but what about a motive? | 好吧 那动机呢 |
[12:32] | Spie don’t have motives; they have orders. | 间谍哪要什么动机 有命令就行了 |
[12:34] | I mean China’s motive. | 我指中国的动机 |
[12:35] | PRC government already controls Internet access pretty tightly. | 中国政府已经严格限制了网络权限 |
[12:38] | What would they want with, uh, Gail Sarkisian’s research? | 他们对盖尔·萨基希安的研究能有何居心 |
[12:41] | In my experience, those with a great deal of power | 根据我的经验 权势滔天者 |
[12:43] | are often the same people who want a great deal more. | 往往更欲壑难填 |
[12:45] | There’s little doubt that the Communist Party | 毫无疑问 |
[12:47] | has an extensive and illustrious track record with propaganda, | 某党以往的政治宣传可是业绩斐然 |
[12:49] | and then Drs. Weller and Sarkisian | 然后韦勒和萨基希安医生 |
[12:51] | come along and perfect the art… so the question then becomes: | 为这门艺术锦上添了花 所以现在的问题是 |
[12:54] | Did China kill to acquire it? | 中国是否为了窃取成果而杀了人 |
[12:58] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[13:00] | That’s quite all right– while we awaited your arrival, | 没关系 我们等你的时候 |
[13:02] | we entertained ourselves by watching our betters | 看着优秀同僚们搜查郑先生的公寓 |
[13:05] | as they processed Mr. Zheng’s apartment. | 也算自娱自乐了 |
[13:07] | It’s like I told you, | 我说过了 |
[13:08] | consultants need a chaperone– we are the FBI. | 顾问需要监督人 我们毕竟是联调局 |
[13:12] | Kind of big on the rules. What do we got? | 这算是重要的规定 有什么发现吗 |
[13:14] | You’ve seen it all except the moldy peach in the fridge. | 除了冰箱里发霉的桃子 其他你都看到了 |
[13:17] | Management says rent was paid six months in advance. | 管理员说租金是6个月前预付的 |
[13:19] | Hard to say when this guy ghosted. | 很难说这家伙什么时候跑路的 |
[13:21] | We saw some of your agents out there talking to his neighbors. | 我们看见几个探员在外面与他的邻居交谈 |
[13:24] | Nobody’s seen Mr. Zheng in at least a month. | 郑先生销声匿迹起码一个月了 |
[13:26] | Sounds like everyone in the building | 好像这里的每个人 |
[13:27] | kind of hated him. | 都有点讨厌他 |
[13:29] | You guys missed this. | 你们漏查了这个 |
[13:32] | Looks like an old noise complaint. | 好像是以前对他发起的噪音投诉 |
[13:36] | Well, it would seem we’re on the hunt for the least competent spy | 看来我们要找的是中国自明朝以来 |
[13:39] | China’s employed since the Ming Dynasty. | 雇的最不称职的间谍啊[明朝开始有锦衣卫] |
[13:41] | He’s ahead of us so far. | 目前他还是领先于我们呢 |
[13:43] | This apartment’s a stone’s throw from Times Square, | 这公寓距离时代广场只有几步路远 |
[13:45] | the noisiest part of the noisiest city in the world, | 那可是世界上最喧嚣的城市里最嘈杂的地方 |
[13:48] | and yet, Mr. Zheng still managed to rile his neighbors. | 但郑先生还是成功激怒了他的左邻右舍 |
[13:50] | If he’s that bad at blending in, | 要是他那么不会融入周围 |
[13:53] | he’ll leave a trail a mile wide. | 那他留下的踪迹可能有一两公里了 |
[13:55] | Yeah. Well… | 好吧 |
[13:57] | we don’t need a trail. | 我们不需要踪迹 |
[14:00] | We just need a ping. | 只要一声锁定提示音 |
[14:04] | Not a blip, not a bleep. | 没有光点 也没有定位提示音 |
[14:06] | The stolen computers have got to be at least a mile away. | 被盗电脑肯定在一英里以外的地方 |
[14:08] | So that would tell us if they were closer? | 要是他们的位置更近 这就会响吗 |
[14:10] | It’s a cell phone tower simulator. | 这是个模拟的手机信号塔台 |
[14:11] | It sucks up every signal in a ten-block radius. | 它会接收半径十个街区内的所有信号 |
[14:14] | When DARPA funds classified research, | 要是先研局资助了机密研究 |
[14:16] | the grant recipients have to use DARPA computers. | 被资助者就必须使用先研局的电脑 |
[14:19] | So the laptops that were stolen, | 所以被盗的笔记本 |
[14:21] | they all have a small, battery-powered 4G router, | 都有微型的电池式4G路由器 |
[14:24] | and it would ping if this unit was close enough. | 如果信号够近 它就会响 |
[14:29] | Listen… guys, we got to talk. | 伙计们 听着 我们得谈谈 |
[14:35] | I’m impressed with how quickly you dug this guy up. | 你们这么快就挖出了这人 我很佩服 |
[14:38] | His disappearing act is pretty suspicious. | 他的失踪也相当可疑 |
[14:41] | But… this is probably gonna be the end of the line on this one, | 但恐怕这事得到此为止了 |
[14:45] | at least for you guys. | 起码你们得打住了 |
[14:46] | Gary, you know we can help. | 加里 你知道我们帮得上忙 |
[14:48] | I’ve seen cases less sensitive than this | 有好几件还不如这次敏感的案子 |
[14:50] | get whisked out of my hands by DC. | 都被华盛顿那边从我手里调走了 |
[14:53] | My bosses will do everything in their power | 我的上司会竭尽所能 |
[14:55] | to keep a lid on this. | 来压住这事的 |
[14:57] | They won’t want to tip Zheng so he runs, and they sure as hell | 他们不会透风给郑让他逃跑 |
[15:00] | won’t want to start a slap fight with China. | 他们也更不想和中国互打耳光 |
[15:03] | This whole thing is gonna be sorted out very quietly | 这整件案子要低调解决 |
[15:06] | and at a very high level. | 并且经由高层之手 |
[15:09] | No, you’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[15:11] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[15:13] | This isn’t gonna be handled by DC, | 华盛顿不会接手这案子 |
[15:14] | and it’s not gonna be quiet. | 也不可能低调解决了 |
[15:17] | It’s gonna be loud. | 这将掀起满城风雨 |
[15:30] | as calls intensify for accountability from DARPA, | 先研局强烈要求对此事追责 |
[15:32] | State Department officials won’t say | 国务院官员无法断言 |
[15:35] | if the Chinese government will respond tonight or tomorrow. | 中国政府是否会于今晚或明日对此事进行回应 |
[15:38] | No additional information is available… | 目前尚无其他消息… |
[15:41] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[15:42] | I’m not the leak, either. | 我也不是泄密者 |
[15:45] | Not the most bracing interrogation I’ve experienced, | 算不上是我经历过的最令人振奋的审讯 |
[15:47] | but I thought their technique was adequate. You? | 但我觉着他们的技术也不错了 你呢 |
[15:49] | Sorry about the third degree, | 抱歉我得用第三方视角询问你们 |
[15:50] | but you get why it had to be done. | 但你们应该明白为什么得这么做 |
[15:53] | New people, new leak. | 有新人就会增加泄密途径 |
[15:54] | Your superiors have reason to be panicked. | 也难怪你的上头会惊慌失措 |
[15:56] | I’m not sure whether the media is more exercised | 还不知道媒体的兴趣更多是在 |
[15:57] | about the existence of a propaganda program | 政治宣传活动的存在上 |
[15:59] | or the fact that it was insufficiently guarded. | 还是在保密工作不到位的事实上 |
[16:01] | I think DC’s more concerned | 我认为华盛顿会更加关注 |
[16:03] | with how this affects the manhunt. | 此事对追捕工作的影响 |
[16:05] | If Zheng wasn’t on the run before, he is now. | 要是郑之前没跑 他现在也要跑了 |
[16:09] | I want to thank you both for all your help. | 感谢你们两位的帮助 |
[16:10] | We just got cleared. | 我们刚证明了自己的清白 |
[16:11] | You’re gonna cut us loose now? | 你现在就要我们撤出 |
[16:13] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[16:14] | We’re in crisis mode here. | 我们现在处于危机状态 |
[16:15] | We’re circling the wagons. | 我们得一致对外 |
[16:16] | Perhaps you’d reconsider | 也许你会重新考虑一下 |
[16:17] | if I could tell you where you’ll likely find Dan Zheng. | 我能告诉你在哪可能找到郑丹 |
[16:19] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:21] | Well, my theory is admittedly in its larval stage. | 我的推测还处于初级阶段 |
[16:25] | Its development is being hampered by a lack of access. | 其发展受阻于权限不足 |
[16:27] | There’s only so much to be gleaned | 如能进入此门一探究竟 |
[16:29] | by glimpsing through a crack in a door. | 对资料收集必将大有裨益 |
[16:31] | You give us just a moment inside that room, | 你只要放我们进那个房间几分钟 |
[16:32] | and then tell us whether we belong in your wagon. | 之后再决定我们的去留 |
[16:36] | Well, as you can see, there’s a silver lining to the leak– | 如你所见 还是有一线希望找到泄露源的 |
[16:39] | 11 million New Yorkers | 一千一百万纽约人 |
[16:39] | have become de facto deputies in your search. | 实际上都成为了你调查中的帮手 |
[16:42] | And at least one of their tips was legitimate– | 他们之中至少有一人的提示是可信的 |
[16:45] | Zheng was seen at the World Trade Center. | 郑在世贸中心被人看到过 |
[16:46] | We have a mobile team rolling at the World Trade Center? | 我们有机动小组在世贸中心巡逻吗 |
[16:48] | No pings yet, but we got 25 people canvassing. | 还没出现定位信号 但有25个人正在四处检查 |
[16:51] | I might suggest a more promising place to trawl for your quarry. | 我也许能建议一个更有可能的地方 |
[16:55] | I’m reasonably sure | 我有理由相信 |
[16:56] | that that satchel Mr. Zheng is carrying is a drummer’s bag– | 郑先生背的包是个鼓包 |
[16:58] | it’s meant for skins and sticks. | 用来放鼓皮和鼓棒的 |
[17:00] | There were some strange indentations in the carpet | 郑先生公寓的地毯上 |
[17:02] | at Mr. Zheng’s apartment. | 也有一些奇怪的压痕 |
[17:03] | In light of the noise complaint | 鉴于华生查到的噪音投诉 |
[17:04] | that Watson found, and now that bag… | 再加上那个包 |
[17:06] | Um, well, they were made by a drum kit. | 那些痕迹是架子鼓的压痕 |
[17:09] | So what? | 所以呢 |
[17:10] | So that noise complaint was over a year old. | 那个噪音投诉是一年前的了 |
[17:12] | Kit’s gone, but he obviously still has some of his gear. | 鼓架没了 但他肯定还留有一些设备 |
[17:14] | He’s been playing somewhere else. | 他是在其他地方演奏 |
[17:16] | There are seven different state | 现在有七个不同的州 |
[17:18] | and federal law enforcement agencies hunting this guy, | 和联邦执法机构都在追捕这个人 |
[17:22] | and you think he was on his way to practice his drumming? | 你却认为他是在去练鼓的路上 |
[17:25] | There’s a subway station beneath that building | 那栋建筑下有个地铁站 |
[17:27] | with access to the 1 train and Columbus Circle, | 搭地铁一号线就能去哥伦布圆环 |
[17:29] | home to the Bernstein Music Conservatory, | 那是伯恩斯坦音乐学院的所在地 |
[17:30] | being the densest concentration of music rehearsal spaces in the city. | 聚集着城里大部分的音乐排练厅 |
[17:33] | I could think of worse places to lie low. | 要真想藏身 我会选更糟的地方 |
[17:36] | Let’s pull a team together. | 集合一个小队 |
[17:37] | It’s worth a shot. | 值得一查 |
[17:41] | Did we earn our place? | 我们赢得一席之地了吗 |
[17:43] | For now. | 暂时是 |
[17:46] | Hey, we should tell your father | 我们应该告诉你父亲 |
[17:47] | we’re not gonna make it to his office. | 我们今天没法去他办公室了 |
[17:49] | Last time I missed a meeting with him, | 上次我错过了和他的会面 |
[17:50] | it took years to get back on the calendar, | 花了好几年才让他重新加进日程里 |
[17:52] | so you should go. | 所以你应该去 |
[17:53] | On my own? | 我自己去 |
[17:55] | Well, my absence might be a good thing. | 我不在场可能反而是好事 |
[17:56] | I tend to be a distraction when I’m around Father. | 我在父亲身边通常会使他心烦 |
[17:59] | I look forward to your thoughts. | 我期待着你跟他见面后的想法 |
[18:09] | Mr. Holmes? | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[18:11] | Miss Watson is here. | 华生小姐到了 |
[18:12] | Miss Watson. | 华生小姐 |
[18:13] | At long last. | 终于见面了 |
[18:16] | I assume Sherlock won’t be joining us. | 我猜夏洛克不会来了 |
[18:19] | Yes, work intrudes. | 是的 工作缠身 |
[18:20] | I’m sure you, of all people, understand. | 我相信您比其他人都能理解 |
[18:21] | Just as well. I wanted a chance to get to know you myself. | 无妨 我想找个机会亲自认识下你 |
[18:25] | Please. | 请坐 |
[18:26] | I wish my business brought me to New York more often. | 真希望我的生意能让我多来纽约 |
[18:30] | Yes, this is a nice office to never use. | 这办公室真不错 可惜很少用 |
[18:33] | I gather my son told you a bit about me. | 看来我儿子跟你说了一些我的事 |
[18:36] | His opinions, his… colorful renderings of our past. | 他的看法 他对我们过去的精彩描述 |
[18:41] | I know you two don’t get along. | 我知道你们俩关系不太好 |
[18:42] | If you think that Sherlock is the only one | 如果你认为夏洛克是唯一一个 |
[18:44] | who considers me an enemy, you’d be wrong. | 把我视作敌人的人 那你就错了 |
[18:47] | He doesn’t consider you an enemy. | 他没把您视作敌人 |
[18:48] | An antagonist, then. | 那就是对手 |
[18:50] | No. I think he just thinks… | 不 我认为他只是觉得 |
[18:52] | you’re a terrible father. | 您是个很糟糕的父亲 |
[18:59] | I assume he explained my offer. | 我猜他跟你说了我的提议 |
[19:02] | He said that you could get the NYPD to take us back. | 他说您能说服纽约警局让我们回去 |
[19:05] | He made it sound like you could just wave a wand, or something. | 他说得好像您挥一下魔杖什么的就能做到 |
[19:08] | I wouldn’t wave a wand, I would pick up a phone. | 我不挥魔杖 我会打电话 |
[19:11] | And what do you want in return? | 您想要什么作为回报呢 |
[19:13] | Nothing. | 什么都不要 |
[19:15] | You find that hard to believe? | 你觉得很难相信吗 |
[19:18] | I find it hard to believe | 我很难相信 |
[19:19] | that charity brought you to a place like this. | 这样不计报酬的慷慨能让您拥有这么好的地方 |
[19:21] | Charity didn’t. | 的确不是因为慷慨 |
[19:23] | Solving problems did. | 是因为我会帮人解决问题 |
[19:27] | Is that what Sherlock and I are? Problems? | 这就是我和夏洛克的定位吗 我们是问题 |
[19:30] | Heroin is a problem, Joan. | 海洛因才是问题 乔恩 |
[19:34] | You know that better than most. | 你比任何人都更明白 |
[19:39] | When I hired you to tend to my son, | 当初我雇你照看我儿子时 |
[19:42] | I had no idea I was teeing up a partnership. | 完全没想到自己能促成一对搭档 |
[19:45] | Nor did I foresee the benefits | 我也没预料到 |
[19:46] | of working with the American police. | 和美国警方协作的好处 |
[19:48] | But it happened, it worked. | 但这一切的确发生了 而且很有效 |
[19:53] | I want it to work again. | 我想让它再度生效 |
[19:56] | We got a bounce in the computers here | 我们在这儿的电脑上接收到了反馈 |
[19:58] | on the southwest corner of this block. | 在这个街区的西南角 |
[20:01] | I want Marshall and Barrios | 马歇尔和巴里奥斯 |
[20:02] | to take the even floors. | 你们俩去偶数层 |
[20:04] | O’Neill, Singer, you take the odds. | 奥尼尔 辛格 你们去奇数层 |
[20:05] | Now, you get any pushback, anybody wants to see a warrant, | 如遇反抗或是有人要看搜查令 |
[20:08] | you hit me on the radio, | 用无线电呼我 |
[20:09] | we’ll line it up. | 我们整队过去 |
[20:10] | No shortcuts. Okay? | 不许走捷径 知道了吗 |
[20:13] | Let’s go. | 去吧 |
[20:21] | I’m feeling a bit vestigial at the moment. | 我觉得自己目前有些多余 |
[20:22] | I’ll, um… just be in the coffee shop. | 我去那边的咖啡馆等 |
[20:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:28] | Yeah, it’s Burke. | 是 我是博克 |
[20:30] | Yeah, they’re on their way in. | 是的 他们正要进入 |
[20:32] | Yeah, I’ll let you know. | 好 我会通知你的 |
[20:34] | I will. Yeah. | 我会的 好 |
[20:43] | You forgot to assign… | 你忘记派人… |
[21:15] | If he has a summons, | 如果他有传票 |
[21:16] | just make it clear he’s not here about… | 说清楚找他不是为了… |
[21:18] | Where’d you get that? | 哪来的 |
[21:20] | One day you’re going to have to explain to your agents | 总有一天你得跟手下解释清楚 |
[21:23] | whether B is odd or even. | “地”是奇数还是偶数 |
[21:24] | B as in “Basement.” | 地是”地下室” |
[21:28] | The other things were too far down in the Dumpster | 其他东西在垃圾桶的深处 |
[21:29] | to reach without getting absolutely filthy. | 想拿到的话不免会弄脏自己 |
[21:31] | But I’m sure you’ve got people for that. | 但我相信你们有人能处理 |
[21:32] | That was in the trash? | 它在垃圾桶里 |
[21:33] | I assume Mr. Zheng put it there after he copied | 我猜郑先生拷贝了调查资料 |
[21:36] | the research and wiped the surveillance footage | 删掉了他犯下的三起谋杀的监控录像后 |
[21:38] | of the three murders he committed. | 把电脑扔在了那里 |
[21:40] | Yeah, it’s Burke. | 我是博克 |
[21:44] | You’re kidding me. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[21:48] | On my way. | 马上来 |
[21:52] | Dan Zheng just turned himself in. | 郑丹自首了 |
[21:54] | Says he’s innocent. | 说他是无辜的 |
[21:57] | It is beyond dispute | 毫无疑问 |
[21:58] | that my client could not have authored | 我的客户不可能是 |
[22:00] | the tragic events in Harlem. | 哈莱姆那些惨案的凶手 |
[22:02] | He was at the symphony | 那些案件发生时 |
[22:03] | here in Manhattan when they occurred. | 他在曼哈顿这儿的交响乐会上 |
[22:05] | And yet your news media | 而你们的新闻媒体 |
[22:07] | has turned him into an international pariah. | 已经把他变成了一个国际贱民 |
[22:09] | No one has made the claim that Mr. Zheng | 并没有人说是郑先生 |
[22:10] | pulled the trigger himself. | 亲自开的枪 |
[22:12] | The relevant fact remains | 相关事实让他 |
[22:13] | his relationship to one of the decedents. | 和死者之一产生了关联 |
[22:15] | Mr. Zheng could’ve called Dr. Sarkisian | 郑先生可能给萨基希安医生打了电话 |
[22:16] | and induced her to welcome an accomplice. | 引诱她开门迎接了一个同谋 |
[22:18] | Please, forgive the interruption. | 抱歉 请原谅他插嘴 |
[22:20] | We can’t control what the press has been writing. | 我们无法掌控媒体写的东西 |
[22:22] | No, of course. | 那当然 |
[22:23] | It is a free country, | 正如你们最喜欢说的 |
[22:24] | as you are all so fond of saying. | 这是个自由的国度 |
[22:26] | And yet my client falls under suspicion | 然而我的客户却因曾与未婚女子约会 |
[22:28] | for having once dated an unmarried woman. | 而受到怀疑 |
[22:31] | Are you at least going to ask him how the computers | 你至少该问问他 |
[22:33] | came to be found on the same block | 为什么那些电脑 |
[22:34] | as rehearsal space rented in his name? | 会跟用他名字租的排练室在同一条街上 |
[22:36] | Every person in this hemisphere | 这个半球的每一个人 |
[22:38] | knew Mr. Zheng was your suspect. | 都知道郑先生曾是你们的嫌犯 |
[22:40] | The culprit clearly dumped the CPUs | 很显然 是嫌犯故意把电脑 |
[22:42] | in your path to frame him | 放到你们眼前来陷害他 |
[22:43] | and, by extension, our country. | 进而陷害我们国家的 |
[22:46] | You have nothing. | 你什么证据也没有 |
[22:52] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[22:53] | Working. | 工作 |
[22:55] | In my office? | 在我的办公室 |
[22:57] | Technically, it’s my father’s office. | 严格来说 这是我父亲的办公室 |
[22:59] | Or did he sweeten the offer today | 还是说他今天提出了更诱人的 提议 |
[23:00] | and throw in the brownstone? | 把褐石屋也额外附送了 |
[23:02] | What did you think of him? | 你对他有何看法 |
[23:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:03] | I mean, in some ways he was exactly what I was picturing. | 在某些方面 他跟我想象中的一模一样 |
[23:05] | In some ways, he wasn’t. | 但某些方面又不一样 |
[23:07] | Explain. | 此话怎讲 |
[23:08] | No horns, | 他没长恶魔的犄角 |
[23:09] | for one thing… no pitchfork. | 这是其一 也没拿着恶魔叉 |
[23:12] | And he seemed pretty sincere about what he wanted for you. | 而且他对你的希冀看似都很诚挚 |
[23:15] | The most confounding part. | 这才是最让人困惑的 |
[23:17] | I mean, I’m still thinking it over, | 我还在考虑 |
[23:18] | but… | 可是 |
[23:20] | I didn’t get the impression | 我没觉得 |
[23:21] | we need to rush into any decisions. | 咱们得匆忙作出任何决定 |
[23:23] | Nor should we. Not at such a critical moment in our case. | 我们也不该仓促决定 尤其是在案子的关键时刻 |
[23:26] | I thought we got benched. | 我以为已经没我们的事了 |
[23:27] | What is all this? | 这些是什么 |
[23:28] | Well, that depends. | 这得视情况而定 |
[23:30] | On…? | 视什么情况 |
[23:32] | On how you feel about being made an accessory after the fact. | 这要看你是否介意被人当成事后从犯了 |
[23:36] | When I found the stolen computers today, | 今天我找到遭窃电脑的时候 |
[23:37] | I had a moment alone, so… | 有那么一点独处时间 所以 |
[23:39] | I sent myself copies of Dr. Sarkisian’s data– | 我就把萨基希安医生的通话记录 |
[23:41] | correspondence, notes, etcetera. | 笔记等数据的复印件发给了我自己 |
[23:44] | That is extremely illegal. | 这是绝对不合法的 |
[23:46] | But entirely prudent. | 但也绝对是明智之举 |
[23:47] | Who knows how long it’s gonna take the FBI | 天知道联调局要用多久才能 |
[23:49] | to draw all the proper inferences | 作出所有合理推断 |
[23:51] | and realize that China is owed an apology? | 并意识到咱们欠中国一个道歉 |
[23:53] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[23:59] | Are you able to detect a difference between these two? | 你能辨别出他们的不同之处吗 |
[24:07] | No. | 不能 |
[24:08] | I mean, it’s been a while since my neurology rotation. | 我都好久不接触神经学了 |
[24:10] | Should I? | 我该看出来吗 |
[24:11] | Another test of your ability | 再来个测试 |
[24:12] | to compare and contrast. | 看看你的比较和对比能力 |
[24:19] | Are they the same or different? | 它们一样吗 |
[24:23] | They’re identical. | 它们完全相同 |
[24:25] | Yes. Except in one key respect– | 没错 除了一个关键要素 |
[24:27] | the dates at which they were administered. | 它们被执行的日期 |
[24:29] | They are before-and-after surveys | 它们是萨基希安和韦乐 |
[24:31] | from Sarkisian and Weller’s experiments. | 实验前后的调查报告 |
[24:33] | They were beta-testing their algorithm. | 他们是在测试自己的算法 |
[24:35] | Volunteer subjects were put through a battery | 志愿者们会接受一连串的 |
[24:37] | of brainwashing protocols, and none of them worked, | 洗脑测试 但没有一个成功的 |
[24:41] | at all. | 一个都没有 |
[24:42] | So this guy was especially resistant to propaganda? | 也就是说这家伙对政治宣传格外有抵抗力 |
[24:45] | They all were. Hundreds of grad students | 他们全部如此 数百名研究生 |
[24:47] | signed up to be guinea pigs. | 自愿报名当了小白鼠 |
[24:49] | DARPA’s proprietary algorithm, | 先研局的专有算法 |
[24:50] | meant to change hearts and minds, | 意在改变心脏和大脑 |
[24:52] | couldn’t nudge anyone | 却未能把任何人的思想 |
[24:53] | from “Mildly supporting” to “Mildly opposing”, | 从”轻度支持”推动为”轻度反对” |
[24:55] | even the most milquetoast of policies. | 即便是对最无关痛痒的政策 |
[24:58] | Retiring the penny, for example. | 比如取消便士的流通 |
[25:00] | That’s some pretty bad propaganda. | 那确实是很差劲的政治宣传 |
[25:02] | Dr. Sarkisian admitted as much herself. | 萨基希安医生自己也承认了 |
[25:05] | She wrote an e-mail to her partner | 她给自己的搭档写了封邮件 |
[25:07] | stating her intent to withdraw | 说她有意撤回 |
[25:09] | a grant proposal for further funding. | 对进一步资金的申请 |
[25:11] | And Weller concurred. | 韦勒表示赞同 |
[25:12] | “Our current understanding of neurological processes, | “当今我们对神经学进程的认知 |
[25:15] | is simply not sufficient to design a system | 完全不足以设计出一个 |
[25:17] | by which those processes can be effectively manipulated.” | 可以有效对其进程进行掌控的体系” |
[25:20] | If Dan Zheng | 假如郑丹 |
[25:21] | is to be believed– and I think at this point he is– | 是可信的 我认为这点上他是可信的 |
[25:24] | his last assignation with Gail Sarkisian | 那他跟盖尔· 萨基希安的最后一次约会 |
[25:27] | was the same day this e-mail was sent. | 就是这封电子邮件被发出的那天 |
[25:29] | So you think she told him that her program | 所以你认为她跟他说自己的项目 |
[25:31] | was a dud, and he lost interest. | 毫无结果 然后他就失去了兴趣 |
[25:32] | He learned what he had been sent to learn | 他完成了任务 |
[25:34] | and then reported back to the PRC government | 然后向中国政府汇报说 |
[25:36] | that they had nothing to gain– and nothing to fear– | 对于美国的政治宣传项目 中国无所收获 |
[25:39] | from an American propaganda program. | 但也无需畏惧 |
[25:42] | So the Chinese didn’t do it. | 所以不是中国人干的 |
[25:44] | Worse than that, Watson. | 比这更糟 华生 |
[25:46] | I think three people died for nothing. | 我认为这三个人是白死了 |
[25:54] | I think we have to tell the FBI. | 我觉得我们得告诉联调局 |
[25:56] | Tell them what? That I stole some top secret research? | 说什么 说我偷了些最高机密的研究报告 |
[25:59] | Or that we have eliminated one billion Chinese suspects | 还是说我们排除了十亿中国人的嫌疑 |
[26:02] | in favor of one neo-reactionary monarchist? | 并怀疑上了一个反动的君主主义者 |
[26:05] | I wouldn’t phrase it exactly like that, no. | 我不会像你那样措辞的 |
[26:08] | But Maurice Antonov has two really good motives. | 但莫里斯·安东诺夫旳确有两个很好的动机 |
[26:10] | Only one of which we’re adequately prepared to present. | 但我们只准备好了提出其中一个 |
[26:13] | So why not just go with that? | 那不如就这么说 |
[26:15] | The guy divorced Gail Sarkisian six months ago. | 这家伙半年前跟盖尔· 萨基希安离婚 |
[26:18] | Ex-husband hates ex-wife– kills her, kills the witnesses. | 前夫恨前妻 所以杀之 杀掉目击者 |
[26:21] | Stealing the computers may have just been | 盗窃电脑可能只是 |
[26:22] | a way to throw everyone off the scent. | 一种转移大家视线的方式 |
[26:24] | I’d rather not present a theory of the crime | 我不想为连自己都不相信的 |
[26:25] | I do not believe. | 犯罪理论提供阐述 |
[26:27] | Simple stories sell. | 简单的情节才更使人信服 |
[26:28] | You’ve been reading too much propaganda theory. | 你政治宣传理论看多了 |
[26:30] | I do not wish to bamboozle the FBI | 我不希望诱骗联调局 |
[26:32] | into pursuing Mr. Antonov… I want to question him myself. | 去抓安东诺夫先生 我想亲自质问他 |
[26:35] | And if he fits, present a complete thesis | 假如他是凶手 就会帮我对他的犯罪动机 |
[26:37] | of his true motive. | 形成完整观点 |
[26:39] | This is a man who blogs as Henry IX, | 他是个博客名叫亨利九世的人 |
[26:41] | who advocates for the restoration | 他在二十一世纪复辟了 |
[26:43] | of a Tudor-style monarchy in the 21st century. | 都铎王朝模式的君主政体 |
[26:46] | Yeah, but being a kook | 好吧 但即使他是疯子 |
[26:47] | doesn’t make him less likely to be a killer. | 也不代表他就不可能杀人 |
[26:50] | My point is that if Antonov did do it, | 我是想说 如果真是安东诺夫做的 |
[26:52] | it might not be because he grew to hate his ex-wife, | 可能并不是因为他对前妻的恨日益加深 |
[26:55] | but because he was still in love with her work. | 而是因为他还着迷于她的作品 |
[27:00] | Sarkisian’s earliest experiments were designed | 萨基希安早期的实验设计 |
[27:02] | to push her subjects towards neo-fascist beliefs | 让她的主题偏向了新法西斯主义 |
[27:05] | about the failings of democracy, | 关于民主主义的失败 |
[27:08] | a protocol Antonov suggested. | 是安东诺夫建议的 |
[27:10] | I submit that he hoped his wife’s software | 我猜他希望他妻子的软件 |
[27:12] | could sell his ideas to the masses. | 能将他的思想推广给大众 |
[27:14] | Yeah, but we don’t know if he still thought that was possible, | 但我们不知道他是还认为此事可行 |
[27:17] | or if he knew the propaganda algorithm was a failure. | 还是他已经知道传播算法是失败的了 |
[27:19] | Precisely. | 正是如此 |
[27:20] | It should be a simple enough question to ask the man. | 这问题很简单 问他就可以了 |
[27:24] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[27:25] | I-I didn’t realize I had dropped enough clues | 我都不知道我留下的线索足以 |
[27:28] | for anybody to find me. | 让别人查出我的身份 |
[27:30] | But you are the first of my followers | 但你们是第一批 |
[27:33] | to uncover my identity. | 发现我真实身份的追随者 |
[27:35] | Why are you anonymous, Mr. Antonov? | 你为什么要匿名 安东诺夫先生 |
[27:38] | Won’t it be more difficult | 要加速美国 |
[27:39] | to hasten the demise of the American imperium | 统治的灭亡 |
[27:40] | from behind a pseudonym? | 用假名不是会更难达成吗 |
[27:41] | Ah-ah, let’s be clear. | 先说清楚 |
[27:43] | I never suggested that I become king, | 我从没说我要做国王 |
[27:46] | only that someone should. | 只是有人应该如此 |
[27:49] | It’s an opinion that is… | 这个想法 |
[27:50] | not very socially acceptable at the moment. | 现在不太能被大多数人接受 |
[27:54] | One day. | 总有一天会的 |
[27:55] | Well, how are you in such high spirits | 你怎么如此坚信 |
[27:57] | with modernity and progressivism eroding the natural order? | 现代化和革新论侵蚀了自然秩序呢 |
[28:00] | Do you have some fresh reason for optimism? | 你这么乐观 是有什么新证据了吗 |
[28:03] | Of course. | 当然 |
[28:05] | The two of you. | 就是你们两个 |
[28:06] | The truth draws talented people | 真相会聚集有才人士 |
[28:08] | like moths to a flame, more every day. | 就像飞蛾扑火 但人数会与日俱增 |
[28:11] | Acolytes. | 信徒们 |
[28:13] | Is that what you’d call us? | 你打算这么称呼我们吗 |
[28:15] | You’re… kindred spirits. | 你们是与我志趣相投的人 |
[28:18] | I mean, I’m sure you know your Plato. | 我相信你们肯定知道柏拉图这句话 |
[28:19] | “There will be no end | “人类的问题 |
[28:21] | “to the troubles of humanity until philosophers | “将永无止境 除非哲学家 |
[28:25] | become kings.” | 能成为君主” |
[28:26] | Actually, we’re not acolytes, we’re detectives. | 其实我们不是信徒 我们是侦探 |
[28:30] | And I’m with Churchill, I’m afraid. | 我恐怕还是更相信丘吉尔的话 |
[28:31] | “Democracy is the worst form of government, | “民主制度是很差的政府制度 |
[28:33] | except for all the others.” | 但其他制度更甚” |
[28:36] | We were wondering where you were | 我们想知道三天前 |
[28:37] | three nights ago, around 9:00 p.m. | 晚上九点左右你在哪里 |
[28:41] | This is about what happened in Gail’s lab. | 你们是为盖尔实验室的事来的 |
[28:44] | There’s evidence that suggests | 有证据表明 |
[28:46] | that you wanted to use her algorithm | 你想用她的算法 |
[28:47] | to push your ideas online. | 来在线推广你的思想 |
[28:50] | I was here. | 我当时在这里 |
[28:52] | I was hosting a seminar on Thomas Carlyle. | 我在举办关于托马斯·卡莱尔的研讨会 |
[28:56] | It started at 7:00 and ended at 10:00. | 七点开始 十点结束 |
[29:01] | There are over a dozen witnesses who will vouch for me. | 有很多人可以为我作证 |
[29:05] | You know something, Mr. Antonov. | 你知道一些内情 安东诺夫先生 |
[29:08] | And why would I help a tool of a bloated and dying empire? | 我为什么要帮傲慢又濒死的政府的人呢 |
[29:12] | Because you don’t wish to be doxxed as a public servant? | 因为你不想被冠上政府公仆的名号 |
[29:15] | I mean, what would your followers think | 如果你的追随者发现 |
[29:16] | if they realized you suckled at government’s teat? | 你靠政府生存 他们会怎么想 |
[29:22] | Look, you have the wrong idea. | 你们想错了 |
[29:25] | No one would have killed Gail for that algorithm. | 没人会为了算法去杀盖尔 |
[29:29] | It didn’t work. | 那算法没用 |
[29:31] | And you know that how? | 你怎么知道的 |
[29:34] | She never changed her password. | 她从来不改密码 |
[29:37] | I would… check on her sometimes. | 我会时不时去看看她最近的消息 |
[29:40] | We had 11 good years, and I missed her. | 我们度过了很美好的十一年 我想她 |
[29:47] | Gail was disappointed with the program, obviously, | 显然 盖尔因为项目失败很沮丧 |
[29:50] | but… well, she was nervous, too. | 但她也很紧张 |
[29:53] | She wasn’t sure at all how her patron would take it. | 她不确定她的赞助人能否接受这个结果 |
[29:56] | What patron? | 什么赞助人 |
[29:58] | A man named Samuel Meher. | 他叫塞缪尔·梅黑尔 |
[30:00] | He works at DARPA. | 他在先研局工作 |
[30:02] | He… put his neck on the line | 他赌上了一切 |
[30:04] | to fund the whole project. | 来资助这个项目 |
[30:05] | He was very intense. | 他很极端 |
[30:08] | I didn’t like the way he talked to her in e-mails. | 我不喜欢他在邮件中与她对话的语气 |
[30:12] | I would have said something… | 我本想说出来的 |
[30:14] | If it hadn’t meant admitting to cyber-stalking your ex. | 但你就必须承认你在网上追踪前妻隐私 |
[30:18] | I never would have hurt her. | 我绝不会伤害她的 |
[30:23] | Good luck overthrowing the government. | 祝你推翻政府成功 |
[30:25] | Don’t put us against the wall | 有一天你搞大清洗的时候 |
[30:26] | when you get those firing squads going, will you? | 放过我们 好吗 |
[30:31] | You buy Meher as a suspect? | 你认为梅黑尔有嫌疑吗 |
[30:33] | Well, he’s ex-military; he’s capable. | 他是退役军人 他有这个能力 |
[30:35] | It’s worth checking Sarkisian’s e-mails | 这值得我们查查萨基希安的邮件 |
[30:37] | for his intimidating comments. | 看看他的恐吓评论 |
[30:39] | Would you mind running his name at the FBI? | 你去联调局查查他好吗 |
[30:41] | And if they ask why I’m looking? | 如果他们问我为什么要查呢 |
[30:43] | Oh, tell them it was ordained by the architect | 告诉他们 是一个技术封建君主制的 |
[30:44] | of a techno-feudal monarchy. | 拥护者派你去查的 |
[30:50] | Are you looking into Samuel Meher? | 你在查塞缪尔·梅黑尔吗 |
[30:53] | Oh, you get copied on my searches? | 你能看到我在查什么吗 |
[30:56] | All guest log-ins are monitored. | 所有外来者的登录内容都会被监视 |
[30:58] | Got to be able to account for your activity. | 我要对你们的行动负责 |
[30:59] | I didn’t… I didn’t even know | 我都不知道 |
[31:01] | you were coming into the office today. | 你今天会来这里 |
[31:03] | So… what’s up? | 怎么回事 |
[31:05] | Well, Sarkisian and Weller reported to Meher. | 萨基希安和韦勒要向梅黑尔汇报研究结果 |
[31:07] | He was their champion. | 他是他们的拥护者 |
[31:08] | I just wanted to make sure their relationship was a good one. | 我只是想确认一下他们的合作没有节外生枝 |
[31:11] | And what about this stuff? | 那这是怎么回事 |
[31:13] | Sonic-pressure shields. | 声波压力罩 |
[31:17] | Robotic dogs. | 机器狗 |
[31:18] | Nanotechnology. | 纳米技术 |
[31:19] | Yeah, these are other projects | 这是韦勒在 |
[31:21] | that Weller was administering funding for, | 被袭击的实验室 |
[31:22] | for the same lab that got hit. | 进行的其他投资项目 |
[31:24] | I was just wondering who else had access. | 我想知道还有谁能进实验室 |
[31:26] | Just keep me in the loop next time, okay? | 下次要随时告诉我进展 好吗 |
[31:29] | Sure. | 好 |
[31:32] | What’s a mansion got to do with Meher? | 这个宅子和梅黑尔有什么关系 |
[31:35] | Oh, this is something else for another case. | 这是其他案子的资料 |
[31:38] | Well, I know what consultants make, Joan, | 我知道顾问能赚多少 乔恩 |
[31:40] | so if you’re looking for a new place, | 如果你是在找新家 |
[31:43] | might want to lower your aim. | 还是把眼光放低点吧 |
[31:53] | How did you fare at the FBI? | 你在联调局进展怎么样 |
[31:56] | Not well. | 不太好 |
[31:57] | I did not find anything in Samuel Meher’s background | 我没从塞缪尔·梅黑尔的背景里 |
[32:00] | that would suggest he would kill three people | 找到任何他会为了掩盖一个失败的项目 |
[32:02] | to cover up a botched project. | 杀掉三个人的理由 |
[32:03] | Mm. Well, I’m hardly surprised. | 我倒不怎么惊讶 |
[32:05] | I’m beginning to sour on him as a suspect myself. | 我开始觉得他没有嫌疑了 |
[32:08] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[32:09] | Well, aside from the victims… | 除了受害者 |
[32:11] | no one suffered a worse result from the crime. | 这起犯罪没伤害到其他任何人 |
[32:14] | I’m sure Mr. Meher would reject the old adage | 我肯定梅黑尔先生不同意 |
[32:17] | that there’s no such thing as bad publicity, hmm? | “没有什么宣传是不好的”这句话 |
[32:24] | So, a secret brainwashing program that everyone thinks | 一个秘密洗脑项目 |
[32:27] | has fallen into the hands of the Chinese. | 大家都认为落到了中国人手里 |
[32:30] | I’d say this qualifies as a PR nightmare. | 这简直是公关部门的噩梦 |
[32:36] | Is that Tienchi Flower tea? | 那是田七花茶吗 |
[32:38] | It was on my mind today. | 我今天忽然想起来的 |
[32:41] | Amongst other things. | 还有其他一些事 |
[32:44] | I’ve decided to take Father up on his offer. | 我决定接受父亲的提议 |
[32:48] | I don’t think he’s entirely correct | 我觉得他说警局 |
[32:49] | that the department is essential to my “support system.” | 对我的支援系统很重要是不对的 |
[32:53] | Our work certainly hasn’t been a boon to my well-being of late. | 我们的工作的确对我有好处 |
[32:57] | But there are other considerations. | 但还有其他的因素 |
[33:02] | I believe it would make me happy. | 我觉得这会让我快乐 |
[33:05] | That matters. | 这很重要 |
[33:08] | You’re not worried about the cost? | 你不担心代价了吗 |
[33:10] | One could argue it was paid long ago. | 我觉得我很久之前就付过代价了 |
[33:12] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[33:14] | If I’ve learned one thing over the last couple of years, | 如果说我在过去几年学到什么了的话 |
[33:16] | it’s the importance of making amends. | 那就是改过自新很重要 |
[33:19] | Sometimes they should also be accepted. | 有时候也应该接受别人改过 |
[33:24] | Well, if it’s all right with you, | 如果你没意见的话 |
[33:26] | I think I need a little more time. | 我想再考虑一下 |
[33:28] | Of course. | 当然 |
[33:37] | 研究和安保 先研局领导层无法做好的两件事 | |
[33:39] | Two op-eds calling for Samuel Meher’s dismissal. | 两个专栏都在写塞缪尔·梅黑尔被解雇的事 |
[33:43] | If he was behind the murders | 如果他真是凶手 |
[33:44] | it was the ultimate act of self-sabotage. | 那这就是终极的自我毁灭了 |
[33:49] | You know, just because an algorithm | 虽然这个算法无法 |
[33:51] | can’t sway public opinion, doesn’t mean | 影响人们的看法 但并不意味着 |
[33:52] | a good, old-fashioned scandal can’t. | 一个重大丑闻对人们也没有影响 |
[33:55] | Maybe we should look for someone | 或许我们应该找找 |
[33:57] | who did benefit from all this. | 能够从中获益的人 |
[34:00] | When we get back, let’s send those specs over to Gilchrist. | 我们回来之后把这些细则发给吉尔克里斯特 |
[34:03] | I’ve… just… | 我… 稍等一下… |
[34:08] | You’re the consultants, right? | 你们是顾问 对吧 |
[34:10] | The ones working with Agent Burke? | 跟博克探员一起工作的 |
[34:11] | Samuel Meher said that you were back | 塞缪尔·梅黑尔说你之前回来 |
[34:12] | in town to meet with Senator Shapiro. | 是要见夏皮罗议员 |
[34:15] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[34:15] | I imagine you’ll be | 我想你会跟 |
[34:16] | meeting with every member of the Armed Services Committee | 所有赞成总统任命的 |
[34:18] | that approves presidential appointees. | 三军委员会成员见面 |
[34:21] | Now the head of your agency is retiring. | 现在你们局的一把手要退休了 |
[34:23] | Now that Mr. Meher’s career is in the tank, | 梅黑尔先生的职业前景也岌岌可危 |
[34:26] | you’re the heir apparent. | 很明显你就是继位者了 |
[34:28] | It’s a possibility. | 有这可能 |
[34:29] | It’s- it’s also, motive. | 这 这也是动机 |
[34:31] | Three murders, theft of some top secret research… | 三重谋杀 还偷走了绝密研究 |
[34:35] | I mean, it’s a big move, but you would need one | 这动作挺大 但你确实需要一点动作 |
[34:37] | to leapfrog Meher on the org chart. | 来超越梅黑尔 |
[34:39] | In a few months you’re going to be controlling the strings | 几个月之后 你就能控制 |
[34:41] | to DARPA’s $2.8 billion budget. | 先研局28亿美元的预算了 |
[34:44] | I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[34:46] | “Dan Zheng, a suspect first identified | “郑丹 最初被新泽西警局 |
[34:49] | by the New Jersey Dispatch.” | 确认为嫌犯” |
[34:51] | Now, they don’t break a lot of national news in Trenton, | 这家报纸在特伦顿很少爆出什么全国性的新闻 |
[34:54] | but this was the paper | 但你却信任他们 |
[34:55] | you trusted your scoop with because | 来报道你的独家爆料 |
[34:56] | you went to college with their managing editor. | 因为你跟他们的总编是大学同学 |
[34:58] | Given the First and Fifth Amendments, | 鉴于第一和第五修正案 |
[35:00] | it’s unlikely that you would ever be outed as the source of the leak, | 没人会知道是你泄露了消息 |
[35:03] | but who else makes sense? | 可还能是谁呢 |
[35:05] | You didn’t know anything about Dan Zheng | 你杀人的时候 |
[35:07] | when you committed the murders. | 对郑丹根本一无所知 |
[35:08] | But when he became a suspect, you took advantage. | 但在他成为嫌犯之后 你却利用了这点 |
[35:11] | You heard the FBI was gonna be looking for him around Columbus Circle, | 你听说联调局会在哥伦布圆环周围搜捕他 |
[35:14] | so you dumped the stolen computers right in their path. | 于是你就把电脑扔在了他们要查的路上 |
[35:17] | So I’m not just the leak, then. | 这么说我不光是泄了密 |
[35:19] | I drove up from DC in the dead of night | 还在大晚上从特区开车过来 |
[35:21] | and killed three people, like some kind of super spy? | 杀了三个人 就像是个超级间谍 |
[35:23] | No. You had an accomplice. | 不 你还有帮凶 |
[35:25] | It was her. | 是她 |
[35:27] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[35:28] | You can look anywhere you want for my accomplice. | 你们尽管去找我的帮凶好了 |
[35:31] | I’ll turn over my phone records, my e-mail, | 我会上交我的电话记录 电子邮件 |
[35:34] | my bank statements– anything you want. | 银行对账单 你们想要什么都行 |
[35:35] | It’s all gonna be picked through when I get | 反正到了选我当一把手的时候 |
[35:36] | confirmed to run the agency, anyway. | 局里也要调查一遍 |
[35:38] | You can be the first to vet me. | 你们可以先帮我审查一下 |
[35:50] | Well, that’s it. | 就这些 |
[35:51] | That’s the last of it. | 这是最后的了 |
[35:53] | Every piece of personal correspondence and financial data. | 奥塔·万希上交给联调局的 |
[35:56] | Every last phone record and e-mail that | 所有私人通信和财务记录 |
[35:57] | Alta Von See surrendered to the FBI. | 还有通话记录和电子邮件 |
[36:00] | I have examined all of it | 我全都检查了 |
[36:01] | and I have not been able to discover her accomplice | 但是找不出她的帮凶 |
[36:03] | or even the slightest whiff of impropriety. | 甚至一点不正当的行为都没有 |
[36:05] | So that rancid smell isn’t impropriety? | 难道这股馊味就合适吗 |
[36:09] | It’s hakarl. | 这是鲨鱼肉 |
[36:11] | Fermented Icelandic shark meat. | 冰岛发酵鲨鱼肉 |
[36:13] | Brain food. It’s… | 健脑食品 它能 |
[36:15] | a shock to the senses. | 刺激感官 |
[36:17] | I thawed some out after you fell asleep. | 你睡觉后我解冻了一些 |
[36:18] | I needed something to… | 我需要一些能让我们 |
[36:20] | dredge us out of this funk. | 从这些垃圾中解脱出来的东西 |
[36:22] | That stuff is contributing to the funk, trust me. | 相信我 这东西比垃圾还臭 |
[36:26] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[36:28] | Burke was clear about returning the evidence | 博克说得很清楚要按照原样 |
[36:30] | in the same condition we got it in. | 还回这些证据 |
[36:31] | Yes, heaven forfend that the law enforcement unit designated Burke, | 是啊 上天不容执法部门指派了博克 |
[36:35] | Agent Gary would get his papers back stained. | 加里探员会拿回弄脏了的资料 |
[36:37] | His operating system might shut down. | 他的操作系统可能会关闭 |
[36:40] | The FBI aren’t robots. | 联调局的人不是机器人 |
[36:42] | You’re just upset because we got a lecture | 你生气是因为我们挨批了 |
[36:44] | for talking to Alta Von See without him. | 因为我们没通知他就去找奥塔·万希了 |
[36:46] | You sure he’s not a machine | 你确定他不是一台被设定好程序 |
[36:47] | programmed to follow Bureau protocol? | 只会遵守联调局准则的机器吗 |
[36:49] | I’m sure DARPA has one in the works, | 我确信先研局有一台正在使用中 |
[36:51] | along with a panoply of mechanical dogs, | 还有全副武装的机械狗 |
[36:53] | sonic pressure shields, | 声波压力罩 |
[36:55] | cargo transport blimp… | 货物运输小型飞船 |
[36:59] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[37:04] | I think I may have discovered Alta Von See’s accomplice. | 我想我可能找了奥塔·万希的帮凶 |
[37:08] | There’s only way to know for sure. | 只有一种办法能确定 |
[37:09] | When is the last time you dissected a rat? | 你上次解剖老鼠是什么时候 |
[37:13] | Alta, you are not a swift woman, | 奥塔 你动作比较缓慢 |
[37:15] | you are not fleet of foot. | 而且也跑不快 |
[37:17] | I’ll admit I did not think you capable of this crime. | 我承认之前没觉得你能完成这些凶案 |
[37:20] | I should not have discriminated. | 我不该有歧视的 |
[37:21] | You are very clever. | 你非常聪明 |
[37:23] | We did you a favor coming all the way | 我们大老远跑来 |
[37:24] | out here for whatever the hell this is. | 是给你们面子 |
[37:27] | You’re not gonna let this man insult my client. | 你不能让这个人侮辱我的委托人 |
[37:30] | Clever is a compliment, counselor. | 说她聪明是称赞她 律师 |
[37:32] | You want insults, just wait. | 想听侮辱的话 再等一下 |
[37:35] | You’ll be hearing “Triple murderer” in a minute. | 你很快就会听到”三重谋杀犯”了 |
[37:37] | That is what I’m implying, Ms. Von See. | 我就是这个意思 万希女士 |
[37:39] | That without any particular skill | 即便没有任何特殊技巧 |
[37:41] | or training with firearms, | 也没接受过枪支训练 |
[37:42] | you were able to create a bloodbath here | 你仍可以在这里进行大屠杀 |
[37:44] | that would look like the work of a professional. | 而且看起来就像专业人士所为 |
[37:46] | You did this yourself. | 其实是你自己干的 |
[37:48] | I know you said there’d be no reason for me to talk, | 我知道你说过我不该开口 |
[37:50] | but do you mind if I say that’s insane? | 但我能说这真是疯了吗 |
[37:52] | You seemed awfully bold, | 你还真胆大 |
[37:53] | volunteering all of your bank and phone records. | 自愿提供了你所有的银行账户和电话记录 |
[37:55] | We assumed we’d find the person | 我们还以为能找到那个 |
[37:56] | who helped you execute your plan. | 帮你执行计划的人 |
[37:58] | Not to mention three innocent people. | 更别提三个无辜的人了 |
[38:01] | The problem was we were looking for a person, not a device. | 之前的问题出在我们一直在找人 而不是设备 |
[38:11] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[38:12] | Do you want to explain or shall I? | 你要解释吗 还是我来 |
[38:16] | This is a sonic pressure shield. | 这是个声波压力罩 |
[38:19] | It is a truly ingenious– albeit fascist– | 尽管有点法西斯 但这绝对是个 |
[38:22] | piece of technology. | 精妙的技术产品 |
[38:23] | The DARPA-funded scientists across the hall | 走廊那头那群先研局资助的科学家们 |
[38:25] | have been developing it as a crowd-control device. | 已经把它制成了人群管理设备 |
[38:27] | It emits a direct blast of low-range | 它会发出低幅声波 |
[38:31] | sonic waves which vibrate at the same frequency as lung tissue. | 跟肺部组织震动的频率一致 |
[38:34] | would you like a demonstration? | 需要演示吗 |
[38:36] | The idea is for police to use it on unruly protesters. | 设想是给警方用在不守规矩的抗议者身上 |
[38:39] | To disrupt their breathing and incapacitate them. | 能打乱他们的呼吸 让他们产生不适感 |
[38:42] | You used it to turn Gail Sarkisian, Frank Weller and Ollie Tate | 你用它来对付了盖尔· 萨基希安和其他两人 |
[38:45] | into sitting ducks. | 让他们坐以待毙 |
[38:47] | By the time you entered the room, | 你进屋的时候 |
[38:48] | your targets were essentially out on their feet, suffocating. | 你的目标们已经无法站立了 正逐渐窒息 |
[38:50] | You could approach them at your own speed | 你可以随意靠近他们 |
[38:53] | and then shoot them, point blank, without risk of being overpowered. | 直接近距离射杀他们 而不用担心被他们反制 |
[38:56] | This is crazy. | 这简直疯了 |
[38:56] | You don’t have any proof. | 你没有任何证据 |
[38:58] | Actually, that’s not true. | 其实 我们有 |
[38:59] | The shield’s power may be invisible, | 这个声波罩发出的能量也许是无形的 |
[39:01] | but its effects are not. | 但它的影响却能看到 |
[39:03] | You shot your three victims | 你打死了三名受害者 |
[39:04] | before their lungs could be damaged badly enough | 他们的肺部还没进一步受损 |
[39:06] | to show up in an autopsy. But there was a fourth victim. | 尸检并未发现异常 但还有第四个受害者 |
[39:10] | Frank Weller’s pet lab rat. | 弗兰克·韦勒的宠物小白鼠 |
[39:17] | As you can see, the otherwise healthy rodent | 如你所见 这本来很健康的啮齿动物 |
[39:19] | has perished from asphyxiation. | 已经窒息而死了 |
[39:21] | I personally don’t know what I’m looking at | 个人而言 我不知道这是什么 |
[39:23] | but even if I did, | 但就算我看懂了 |
[39:24] | who’s to say Ms. Von See did this? | 谁能说这就是万希小姐干的呢 |
[39:26] | I’ll say it. | 我能 |
[39:28] | We found traces of blood at the bottom of the shield, | 我们在声波罩底部发现了血迹 |
[39:31] | so we know it was used. | 所以我们确定它被使用过 |
[39:32] | And there was an odd streak on the baseboard in the closet across the hall, | 走廊那头的柜子 也就是存放声波罩的地方 |
[39:36] | where the shield is stored. | 底板上有一道奇怪的条痕 |
[39:38] | Black rubber. | 是黑色橡胶 |
[39:42] | This… | 这个 |
[39:43] | compels you to hand over your crutch, | 将迫使你交出你的拐杖 |
[39:45] | so we can test the rubber tip for a match. | 我们好进行橡胶比对 |
[39:48] | If it does… | 如果吻合 |
[39:49] | Good luck explaining | 祝你能解释清 |
[39:50] | why you were locked in a closet with a bloody murder weapon. | 你怎么会跟带血的凶器一起被锁在柜子里 |
[39:53] | You know, it could be worse. Imagine how embarrassing | 这已经算好的了 想象一下要是这些 |
[39:55] | this would all be if it had come out during your confirmation hearing. | 在你的升职听证会上被爆出来会多尴尬 |
[40:02] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[40:03] | Ms. Watson is here to see you. | 华生小姐想见您 |
[40:05] | She wasn’t on the schedule. | 她没有预约 |
[40:06] | It’s all right, Jessica. | 没事 杰西卡 |
[40:08] | Please take a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[40:10] | I’m fine, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[40:12] | Did you misplace my number? | 你没找到我的电话吗 |
[40:14] | Some things are better to discuss in person. | 有些事最好当面说 |
[40:16] | Like violating campaign finance laws, | 比如违反竞选财物法 |
[40:19] | bribing elected officials, that sort of thing. | 贿赂当选官员等等 |
[40:22] | Sherlock didn’t say much about you over the years, | 这些年 夏洛克没怎么提过你 |
[40:24] | but he said enough. | 但他说的那些已经足够了 |
[40:25] | I didn’t think I should trust you. | 我不觉得我该相信你 |
[40:27] | So I didn’t. | 所以我没有 |
[40:30] | I think you’ll recognize this. | 你应该认得这个吧 |
[40:36] | It’s a small estate in Southampton I used to own. | 这是我以前在南汉普顿的一处小房产 |
[40:39] | Up until very recently. | 最近不归你了 |
[40:40] | You sold it a few days after Sherlock relapsed. | 夏洛克复吸后没几天 你就卖了它 |
[40:43] | That’s right. | 对 |
[40:44] | The price jumped out a me. | 我看到了价格 |
[40:45] | Three million below market value. | 比市价低了三百万 |
[40:48] | It’s not a great deal for you. | 对你来说可不是笔好交易 |
[40:51] | I don’t know that it’s as bad as you think. | 我没想到有你想的那么糟 |
[40:53] | No. Probably not. | 是啊 可能没有 |
[40:56] | Not when you consider that same lucky home buyer | 尤其当你考虑到那个幸运的买主 |
[40:58] | did you a big favor. | 帮了你一个大忙 |
[41:00] | He funded a super PAC that supports the district attorney. | 他资助了一个支持地检的超级委员会 |
[41:02] | And just like that, Sherlock is no longer | 就这样 夏洛克将不再 |
[41:05] | facing criminal charges against Oscar Rankin. | 受到奥斯卡·兰金案相关的指控了 |
[41:10] | Would you like a drink, Joan? | 喝点什么吗 乔恩 |
[41:12] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[41:18] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[41:21] | There are things that money can’t buy, | 的确有些东西是钱买不到的 |
[41:23] | but fewer, perhaps, than you’d like to believe. | 但可能没你想的那么少 |
[41:30] | I’m curious. | 我很好奇 |
[41:33] | Why kick over rocks if you really don’t | 要是你真不想知道真相 |
[41:36] | want to know what’s beneath them? | 又何苦要刨根追底呢 |
[41:40] | I take it you’re here alone | 我想 你自己来了 |
[41:41] | because you haven’t told Sherlock. | 是因为你还没告诉夏洛克 |
[41:42] | No, I haven’t. | 对 我没有 |
[41:44] | I hope you have the good sense | 希望你能做出正确判断 |
[41:45] | to keep it that way. | 别去改变什么 |
[41:48] | My son was born | 我儿子 |
[41:49] | with a malignant sense of self-righteousness. | 天生就有种恶毒的自以为是 |
[41:54] | I have little doubt that he would expose the arrangement, | 我毫不怀疑他会去揭发这笔交易 |
[41:56] | probably land himself in prison just to spite me. | 可能不惜自己进监狱 就为了对付我 |
[41:59] | Be back where he was a few days ago: | 又回到他几天前的状态 |
[42:01] | adrift, uncertain, at risk. | 盲目 不稳定 置身险境 |
[42:06] | You took quite a risk yourself. | 你自己也冒了很大风险 |
[42:08] | I’ve always been willing to go to lengths to protect Sherlock. | 我一直都愿意竭尽全力保护夏洛克 |
[42:12] | So have I. | 我也一样 |
[42:13] | You should keep that in mind, | 你该记住这点 |
[42:15] | because Sherlock is gonna call you tonight and he’s gonna accept your help. | 因为夏洛克今晚会打给你并接受你的帮助 |
[42:19] | He wants to go back to the NYPD. | 他要回纽约警局 |
[42:22] | I’m gonna go with him. | 我会跟他一起 |
[42:23] | That’s good news. | 这是好消息 |
[42:25] | I can’t imagine why you would deliver it as a threat. | 我不懂你怎么说得像在威胁我一样 |
[42:29] | Doesn’t have to be. | 也不非得是威胁 |
[42:31] | But if you’re gonna be a part of Sherlock’s life again, | 但如果你要再度参与到夏洛克的生活中 |
[42:34] | I want to make one thing clear. | 有件事我要说清楚 |
[42:36] | I’m not gonna let you hurt him. | 我不会让你伤害他的 |