时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hannah, the guy laid hands on you. | 汉娜 那家伙伤害了你 |
[00:06] | I am not nine years old anymore, Dad. | 我已经不是九岁小孩了 爸爸 |
[00:09] | I want to be promoted just as bad as the next cop, | 我跟其他警察一样都渴望晋升 |
[00:11] | and I’m not just talking about Detective. | 不仅仅是升到警探 |
[00:14] | I want to be Captain someday, like you. | 我想有一天跟你一样 当上警监 |
[00:17] | But it’s never gonna happen if people look at me | 但如果大家都拿我当受害者看待 |
[00:20] | and they see “Victim.” | 那我永远都晋升不了 |
[00:25] | Watson, you still over there? | 华生 你还在那吗 |
[00:26] | Yes, I’m still here, | 对 我还在 |
[00:27] | because I can’t go home, because of you. | 因为我不能回家 因为你 |
[00:30] | Why did you bring the bees in the house anyway? | 你为什么要把蜜蜂弄到家里呢 |
[00:31] | Varroa mites are a pernicious threat to the colony. | 蜂螨对蜜蜂种群是致命的威胁 |
[00:34] | I intended a thorough inspection, | 我准备进行一次彻底的检查 |
[00:35] | as well as an application of baker’s sugar | 并且用糖作为 |
[00:37] | as a preventative measure. | 预防措施 |
[00:39] | My thoughts were concerned with colony collapse. | 我只顾着担心它们的种群会坍塌 |
[00:41] | I failed to see the more urgent threat | 没能注意到更紧急的 |
[00:43] | of table collapse. | 桌子坍塌的威胁 |
[00:44] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[00:45] | You’re not talking about my table, are you? | 你不是在说我的桌子吧 |
[00:47] | The one that I bought for my apartment? | 我从我公寓搬来的那张 |
[00:49] | Two hours should be sufficient to return the hive to stasis. | 两个小时就够让蜂巢回归平静了 |
[00:52] | I’ll be in touch. | 我会再跟你联系的 |
[00:54] | Do you have a roommate? | 你有室友吗 |
[00:55] | Nah. | 没有 |
[00:56] | Don’t get one. Ever. | 别找室友 永远别找 |
[00:57] | Trouble in paradise? | 家里出事了吗 |
[00:58] | Well, nothing a good exterminator couldn’t solve. | 没事 没有用杀虫剂解决不了的问题 |
[01:01] | Tonight still a good night to talk? | 今晚可以聊聊吗 |
[01:03] | Yeah, let’s just get out of here. | 可以 只要离开这里就行 |
[01:04] | I need coffee that wasn’t made by a cop. | 我想来一杯不是警察做的咖啡 |
[01:08] | Three neighborhood drugstores, | 三家社区药店 |
[01:10] | all in my precinct, | 都在我的辖区里 |
[01:11] | all robbed in the last month. | 上周都被抢劫了 |
[01:15] | None of the stores had security cameras | 这些药店都没有安保摄像头 |
[01:17] | but all the robberies took place | 但所有的劫案都发生在 |
[01:19] | right when the owners were closing up for the night. | 晚上店主要打烊的时候 |
[01:21] | Descriptions of the perps match in all three, | 三起案子的嫌疑人描述相符 |
[01:23] | and also, they only took prescription pills. | 而且他们只拿处方药 |
[01:25] | High street value. Oxy, hydrocodone. | 街头价格很高 奥施康定 氢可酮 |
[01:28] | Sounds like it was all done by the same crew. | 听起来像是同一伙人干的 |
[01:31] | I’ve been re-interviewing witnesses, | 我一直在重新询问目击者 |
[01:34] | putting in extra hours, | 加班加点 |
[01:35] | keeping an eye on the other stores. | 留意其他的药店 |
[01:36] | But, uh… I’m not making much headway. | 但我没什么进展 |
[01:41] | Is there a detective on this case? | 这个案子有警探负责吗 |
[01:44] | Hanford. | 汉福德 |
[01:47] | I’m not trying to step on his toes, I’m… | 我不想冒犯他 我… |
[01:50] | I don’t want to be disrespectful, but… | 我不想表现得不尊重 但… |
[01:53] | …but his plate’s kind of full right now. | 但他还有很多别的事 |
[01:57] | It’s my neighborhood. | 那是我负责的社区 |
[01:59] | My partner and I, we… | 我跟我的搭档 |
[02:00] | we have to look these people | 我们每天都会 |
[02:01] | in the eye every day. | 见到这些人 |
[02:04] | They’re scared. | 他们很害怕 |
[02:05] | It would, it would mean a lot to them– | 如果我能破了这个案子 |
[02:08] | a lot to me– if I could bring this one home. | 这对他们和我都意义重大 |
[02:12] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:13] | I’ll take a look. | 我会查一下的 |
[02:14] | Um, I’ll let you know if anything comes up. | 如果有发现我就告诉你 |
[02:21] | I know it’s late here. | 我知道很晚了 |
[02:24] | Uh, well, you wanted to go to school out west, no? | 不是你自己想去西部念书的吗 |
[02:27] | Or is it just that I’m keeping you from a party? | 还是我打扰你参加派对了 |
[02:37] | Hey, I’m-I’m sorry. | 喂 抱歉 |
[02:38] | Yeah, some drunk and he almost hit me. | 对 有人喝多了差点撞到我 |
[02:40] | No, no, no, no, I’m fine, I’m fine. | 不不不 我没事 我没事 |
[02:41] | I guess the bars must be letting out. | 我猜一定是酒吧开始打烊了 |
[02:57] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[03:09] | Hey, man, what’s wrong? | 喂 伙计 怎么了 |
[03:10] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[03:38] | What a drunk idiot. | 真是个喝多的白痴 |
[03:39] | I tell you, man… | 我跟你说 伙计 |
[03:41] | you had an angel looking out for you tonight. | 你今晚真是遇到守护天使了 |
[04:24] | You said you knew this guy. | 你说你认识这个人 |
[04:26] | I was an admirer. | 我是仰慕他 |
[04:28] | Garrison Boyd was president | 加里森·博伊德是 |
[04:29] | of the Five Boroughs Skeptics Association. | 五区无神论协会的主席 |
[04:32] | He was a debunker of the highest order. | 他是最高指示的揭露者 |
[04:34] | He was a bright light of reason | 他是轻信和魔幻想法的 |
[04:36] | in a sea of gullibility and magical thought. | 大海中的一束理智之光 |
[04:40] | He was a professional doubter. | 他是个专业的怀疑者 |
[04:42] | Of…? | 怀疑什么 |
[04:43] | Pseudoscience, the paranormal, | 伪科学 超自然理念 |
[04:45] | organized religion– all the usual bollocks. | 有组织的宗教 所有常见的鬼话 |
[04:48] | He wrote a blog that I rather enjoyed. | 他写了一个我非常欣赏的博客 |
[04:50] | Did he believe in crowbars? | 他信仰撬棍吗 |
[04:52] | ‘Cause I’m pretty sure | 因为我非常确定 |
[04:54] | that’s what caved his skull in. | 就是那东西敲进了他的颅骨 |
[05:02] | You put the time of death at approximately one hour | 你说死亡时间大约是他的车被发现前 |
[05:04] | before his car was found. | 一个小时 |
[05:06] | I’m guessing whoever killed him | 我猜杀他的人 |
[05:08] | was hoping that the impact of the train | 是希望火车的撞击 |
[05:09] | would hide the real cause of death. | 能掩盖真正的死因 |
[05:13] | It says here you removed | 这里说你从他 |
[05:14] | a small, conical object from beneath his right eye socket. | 右眼眶下找到了一个小小的锥形物体 |
[05:17] | After he was struck, he fell forward. | 他被攻击之后向前倒下 |
[05:20] | This got wedged under his eye on the way down. | 倒下时这东西插进了他的眼睛下方 |
[05:25] | Don’t know what it is, yet, | 还不知道这是什么 |
[05:25] | but I’m sending it to the lab. | 但我正要把它送到实验室去 |
[05:26] | It’s the tip of a hat. | 这是帽子的尖顶 |
[05:30] | You are familiar with the vile practice | 你对那些可耻的草坪装饰物 |
[05:32] | of lawn ornamentation? | 熟悉吗 |
[05:33] | The worst offenders employ garden gnomes, | 最可怕的人会用园艺小矮人 |
[05:35] | yea big, white beards… | 留着白色的大胡子 |
[05:36] | Pointy red hats. | 尖尖的红帽子 |
[05:38] | If he wasn’t so dead, | 如果他没死 |
[05:39] | I suspect Mr. Boyd would find it ironic | 我觉得博伊德先生会觉得 |
[05:41] | that a diminutive wood spirit | 一个小木人的灵魂参与了他的谋杀 |
[05:42] | played a role in his murder. | 这件事很讽刺 |
[05:47] | He was particularly aggressive in his pursuit of those | 他在职业生涯中对那些靠骗术谋利的人 |
[05:49] | who sought to profit from their hoaxes, | 非常不客气 |
[05:53] | so… perhaps his persistence | 所以也许他的坚持 |
[05:55] | is the reason he now lies here. | 就是他现在躺在这里的原因 |
[05:57] | You really think being debunked is a reason to kill somebody? | 你真的觉得被人揭露了会成为杀人的理由吗 |
[05:59] | Some of the most aggressive correspondence on his Web site | 他网站上最具攻击性的回复 |
[06:02] | came from local ghost tour operators, | 来自本地的幽灵之行发起人 |
[06:04] | hawkers of phony medical cures… | 卖假药的饲鹰者 |
[06:07] | I think one recent expose target | 我觉得最近一个被揭露的目标 |
[06:09] | might have not so much a reasonable motive for murder | 也许不会把谋杀的合理动机 |
[06:12] | as a lower standard for committing one. | 当做犯案的最低标准 |
[06:15] | ‘Cause he’s almost certainly insane. | 因为他基本已经疯了 |
[06:21] | I won’t pretend that Mr. Boyd and I | 我不会否认我和博伊德先生 |
[06:22] | didn’t have a contentious relationship. | 经常争吵的事实 |
[06:25] | He took issue with the church on more than one occasion. | 他动不动就对教堂发难 |
[06:28] | You mean, he took issue with your cult. | 你是说他对你的邪教发难 |
[06:31] | He misused that term, as well. | 他也误用了那个词 |
[06:34] | That’s just the kind of rigid, closed-minded thinking | 那真是我在这里布道所反对的 |
[06:36] | that I preach against here. | 狭隘的死脑筋 |
[06:38] | At one time or another, | 时代不同 |
[06:39] | every great religion has been attacked as a cult. | 所有伟大的宗教都被当作邪教攻击 |
[06:42] | So have most cults. | 大部分邪教也是这样 |
[06:48] | Excuse me for a minute, would you? | 稍等我一下行吗 |
[06:50] | Where are you…? | 你要去… |
[06:51] | Look, the victim published almost two dozen | 受害者在发表了几篇 |
[06:54] | threatening responses you sent him, | 批评教堂的募捐方式的文章后 |
[06:55] | after he posted a few articles | 公开了二十多条 |
[06:57] | criticizing the church’s recruitment methods. | 你发给他的恐吓回复 |
[06:59] | Well, I have the right to respond, | 我有权利回复 |
[07:01] | if somebody publishes lies about what we’re trying to do here. | 如果有人在歪曲我们所做的事的话 |
[07:04] | You told Mr. Boyd that his attacks had | 你告诉博伊德先生他的批评 |
[07:06] | begun a chain reaction that would lead to | 会造成连锁反应并引起 |
[07:08] | “His removal from this physical reality.” | “他从这个世界上的消失” |
[07:11] | We meditate here. | 我们在这里冥想 |
[07:13] | We practice energy transference. | 我们练习能量转移 |
[07:15] | So when I wrote to him, I was merely | 所以在我给他留言的时候 |
[07:17] | absorbing his hateful energy | 我完全是吸收他的负能量 |
[07:19] | and reflecting it back. | 然后再反射回去 |
[07:21] | Did I harm him physically? No. | 我对他造成身体伤害了吗 没有 |
[07:23] | Did I appeal to the Quantum Source | 我到量子源头寻求 |
[07:25] | for swift and final justice? Perhaps. | 快速的最终正义了吗 也许吧 |
[07:27] | In other words, you prayed for the guy to die. | 换句话说 你祈祷那个人去死 |
[07:30] | That’s not a crime, is it? | 这不算犯罪吧 |
[07:32] | So we’re done here. | 我们谈完了 |
[07:33] | The church held a 12-hour service last night. | 教堂昨晚进行了十二小时的活动 |
[07:35] | Attendance was mandatory, | 所有人强制出席 |
[07:37] | so no one here could have killed Garrison Boyd. | 所以这里没人能杀加里森·博伊德 |
[07:39] | We’re just taking your new friend’s word for it? | 我们要相信你的新朋友的话吗 |
[07:41] | Her name is Aria. And yes, we are. | 她叫阿利娅 而且是的 我们信她 |
[07:44] | When it became clear that this one | 但我意识到这个人除了劝诱改宗 |
[07:45] | would do little more than proselytize, | 不会干别的的时候 |
[07:47] | I scanned his herd and realized that Aria | 我扫视了一下他的教徒并意识到 |
[07:49] | was having second thoughts about being here. | 阿利娅对待在这里有另外的想法 |
[07:51] | Aria’s a Level Three Conduit. | 阿利娅是三级导师 |
[07:52] | After a brief conversation with Aria, | 和阿利娅进行过一次简短交谈后 |
[07:54] | AKA Elizabeth Weinberg, | 其实她真名是伊丽莎白·温伯格 |
[07:57] | I was able to determine | 我确信 |
[07:58] | that some unresolved issues from her childhood | 她童年一些未解的心结 |
[08:00] | had led to a transference of a need for structure | 导致了她对芬恩先生打造的规则 |
[08:02] | and discipline onto Mr. Finn. | 和结构的移情 |
[08:03] | Elizabeth agreed, and has forthwith terminated | 伊丽莎白同意 并已经终止了 |
[08:05] | her relationship with your church. | 自己和教会的关系 |
[08:07] | What? | 什么 |
[08:07] | So wait a second. | 等一下 |
[08:08] | Are you saying you deprogrammed her? | 你是说你改造了她 |
[08:10] | I would never use such a rigid and closed-minded term. | 我可不会用这样一个僵化而闭塞的术语 |
[08:12] | She did, however, share some useful information | 虽然她确实和我交流了一些 |
[08:14] | on the church’s methods. | 关于教会运行方式上的一些有用信息 |
[08:15] | Apparently, their esteemed leader | 显然 他们令人尊敬的领袖 |
[08:17] | likes to send his acolytes out | 喜欢派出助手 |
[08:19] | to follow, photograph and harass people | 跟踪 偷拍 骚扰 |
[08:21] | who dare to criticize him. | 那些异见者 |
[08:23] | So she’s currently in your office, | 所以她现在正在你的办公室里 |
[08:24] | e-mailing me the dossier you compiled on Garrison Boyd. | 给我发你为加里森·博伊德编写的档案 |
[08:27] | I’m hopeful it will, uh, shed some additional light | 我希望这会给案件的侦破 |
[08:29] | on his final days. | 带来一些曙光 |
[08:31] | Ms. Weinberg is leaving with us. | 温伯格小姐会和我们一起离开 |
[08:33] | Any attempt to hinder her return to her former life | 任何强迫她回到教会的行为 |
[08:36] | will be met with an energy transference most unpleasant. | 都会面临着最不友好的能量转移 |
[08:43] | Joan. | 乔恩 |
[08:45] | Heard you were helping Hannah with something. | 听说你最近在帮汉娜的忙 |
[08:47] | Yeah, there’s been some robberies in her precinct. | 是啊 她所在的分局最近有些劫案 |
[08:50] | She wants to help. | 她需要一些帮助 |
[08:52] | You sure it’s not a bother? | 希望不会打扰到你 |
[08:53] | No, not at all. | 不会的 |
[08:54] | I got into it this morning | 我今早开始跟进的 |
[08:56] | and now I’m helping Sherlock | 现在来帮夏洛克 |
[08:57] | with this homicide he’s working. | 处理他在调查的凶杀案 |
[09:00] | Just make sure she knows | 一定要让她知道 |
[09:01] | whose consultant you really are. | 你的主业在哪边 |
[09:03] | All right. | 我会的 |
[09:14] | So when were you going to inform me | 你打算什么时候知会我 |
[09:15] | that we’re assisting Hannah Gregson on a case? | 我们正在为汉娜·格雷森的案子提供帮助 |
[09:18] | You could hear all that? | 这你都能听见 |
[09:21] | We aren’t helping her, okay? | 不是我们 |
[09:22] | I am. | 只有我 |
[09:23] | And it’s not a secret. | 这也不是什么秘密 |
[09:25] | I’m just gonna run down a lead or two. | 我只是准备查一两个线索 |
[09:26] | It shouldn’t take too much time. | 不会占用很多时间的 |
[09:27] | It took time this morning. | 今早就占用时间了 |
[09:29] | So is this everything from the church? | 所以这就是教堂得到的所有东西吗 |
[09:31] | It is a testament to the insidiousness of cult thinking: | 这是对邪教思想之阴险的证明 |
[09:33] | A charismatic loon like Finn warps impressionable minds | 像芬恩这样充满魅力的狂人扭曲易受影响的心灵 |
[09:37] | and then sends them to stalk and harass. | 并让他们进行跟踪和骚扰 |
[09:40] | And here I thought they just sold flowers at the airport. | 我还以为他们只是在机场里卖花呢 |
[09:43] | I find the practice repulsive, | 我本来对这种行为是很排斥的 |
[09:44] | but in this case, it may have played in our favor. | 但是这个案件里 可能对我们大有助益 |
[09:47] | Two cult members were assigned | 这两名邪教成员在博伊德 |
[09:48] | to Garrison Boyd in the weeks before his murder. | 被谋杀的前几周被指派去跟踪他 |
[09:50] | Thanks to their long lenses and meticulous | 感谢他们的高清长镜头 |
[09:54] | note-taking, we may have a person of interest… | 和仔细记录 我们现在有了第一个嫌疑人 |
[09:57] | a man by the name of Collin Eisely. | 叫做科林·艾斯利 |
[10:02] | I’m sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[10:03] | I need to catch up a little, here. | 我需要点时间消化一下 |
[10:05] | Have I been under police surveillance? | 我已经被警方监控了吗 |
[10:07] | No, those were taken by someone who was interested in that man, | 不 拍照片的人是对画面中的这位先生有兴趣 |
[10:11] | Garrison Boyd. | 加里森·博伊德 |
[10:12] | We have hundreds of photographs of him, | 我们有上百张他的照片 |
[10:14] | in all manner of activities, | 包括各种各样的活动 |
[10:15] | Those, however, are the only ones | 这些照片拍下了他唯一一次 |
[10:17] | where he appears to be in heated altercation with a man | 与一个男人发生了激烈冲突 |
[10:19] | two days before he was murdered. | 就在他被杀前两天 |
[10:21] | This guy was murdered? | 这人被杀了 |
[10:22] | Last night. | 昨晚的事 |
[10:24] | Do you want to tell us how you knew him? | 你还不打算告诉我们你怎么认识他的吗 |
[10:26] | I didn’t. | 我不认识 |
[10:28] | Uh… the day these were taken, | 拍这些照片的那天 |
[10:29] | he was waiting for me outside my building. | 他一直在我房子外面等我 |
[10:31] | I’d never seen him before. | 我之前没有见过他 |
[10:34] | I’m confused. | 我有点糊涂了 |
[10:35] | Does being accosted by a lunatic make me a murder suspect? | 被一个疯子搭话就让我成了一桩谋杀案的嫌犯了 |
[10:39] | Well, that depends on why he accosted you. | 这取决于他为什么找你搭话 |
[10:42] | I’m in real estate. | 我是做房地产的 |
[10:44] | Late last year, I looked | 去年年底 |
[10:45] | at some beach properties out on Long Island. | 我在长岛海岸看中了一些房产 |
[10:47] | I made this woman an offer on her house, she said no. | 我跟一个女人开价收购她的房子 她拒绝了 |
[10:50] | A few months later, | 几个月之后 |
[10:52] | this nut comes out of the woodwork | 这个神经病冒出来 |
[10:54] | and accuses me of trying to scare her into moving. | 指控我恐吓她搬家 |
[10:58] | Scare her how? | 怎么恐吓她 |
[10:59] | According to him, | 根据他的说法 |
[11:00] | she was hearing things in her house. | 她总在房子里听到声音 |
[11:02] | Voices, banging, I don’t know. | 人声 敲击声什么的 我也不太清楚 |
[11:05] | She thought it was ghosts, he thought it was me. | 她以为是闹鬼 而他以为是我在搞鬼 |
[11:08] | Was it? | 是你吗 |
[11:08] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[11:10] | She didn’t want to sell, I moved on– end of story. | 她不想买 我就放弃了 仅此而已 |
[11:14] | I see you’ve amassed, um, | 我看到你拥有大量的 |
[11:15] | quite an art collection here, Mr. Eisely. | 艺术珍藏 艾斯利先生 |
[11:18] | That’s an interest that requires a great deal of money | 这样的爱好可要花费不小的财力 |
[11:20] | and a very competitive spirit. | 和执着的竞争意识 |
[11:22] | I imagine you’re not the sort of person | 我可不觉得您是那种 |
[11:23] | who takes “No” for an answer very often. | 轻言放弃的人 |
[11:25] | I’m also not the sort | 但我也不没有低劣到 |
[11:26] | who goes around scaring little old ladies. | 使用恐吓女人这种卑劣的手段 |
[11:28] | Can you tell us where you were last night | 你能告诉我们昨晚 |
[11:30] | between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and midnight? | 十点钟到午夜你在哪里吗 |
[11:32] | At a retirement party for a friend. | 在我一个朋友的退休聚会上 |
[11:35] | A few of us went out for drinks after that. | 我们几个人之后出去喝酒了 |
[11:39] | I’ll get you their names and numbers. | 我去给你们找那几个人的姓名和联系方式 |
[11:47] | If that guy was interested in the property, | 如果这个人对那处地产感兴趣 |
[11:49] | there’s a possibility that other developers were, too. | 没准还有其他人也一样 |
[11:52] | You’re wondering if one of them gaslit the owner, | 你在想有没有其他人吓唬了房主 |
[11:55] | then killed Boyd, lest he expose them? | 杀了博伊德 以免事情败露 |
[11:58] | Makes more sense than ghosts, doesn’t it? | 这说法可比鬼怪靠谱多了 不是吗 |
[12:01] | Well, I wouldn’t say “Ghosts,” plural. | 我知道鬼魂只有一个 |
[12:06] | It was my husband, Harry. | 那是我丈夫 哈利 |
[12:09] | I know because I heard him. | 我知道是因为我听到了他的声音 |
[12:11] | He was talking to me. | 他在和我说话 |
[12:14] | Your husband passed away…? | 你丈夫去世了… |
[12:16] | Oh, coming up on a year now. | 哦 到今天差不多快一年了 |
[12:18] | We know that Colin Eisely made an offer | 我听说科林·艾斯利几个月前 |
[12:20] | on the house a few months ago. | 想收购你的房子 |
[12:22] | Did anyone else approach you? | 还有其他人有这个意向吗 |
[12:24] | Yes, once, but-but that was almost 20 years go. | 还有一次 不过差不多是二十年前了 |
[12:26] | I don’t think that company is even in business now. | 我都不确定那家公司现在还在不在了 |
[12:29] | Did you tell anyone else about the voices you were hearing? | 你告诉过其他人你听到说话声吗 |
[12:32] | Only my daughter. | 只有我女儿 |
[12:34] | She was the one who called that poor man, Mr. Boyd. | 就是她给可怜的博伊德先生打了电话 |
[12:37] | And she wanted him to convince me that I was imagining things. | 她想让他来说服我一切都只是我的幻觉 |
[12:42] | She has such a literal mind. | 她太一根经了 |
[12:46] | I’ve always told her she should be more open. | 我总是告诉她该相信各种可能性 |
[12:48] | So she didn’t hear the voice. | 所以她没听见过说话声 |
[12:51] | And she never heard any of Harry’s tantrums, either. | 她也从来没有感受过哈利的怒气 |
[12:54] | Tantrums? | 怒气 |
[12:55] | He knocked some glasses | 他曾经摔碎了橱柜那边的 |
[12:56] | out of that cabinet there. | 几个杯子 |
[12:58] | Lights flickered. | 有时候电灯闪烁 |
[13:00] | Sometimes, he shook the whole house. | 有时候他让整个房子都震动了 |
[13:03] | Oh, he was angry, and he was letting me know. | 他生气了 故意要让我知道 |
[13:08] | And why would he have been angry? | 他为什么会生气 |
[13:10] | Sometimes we had an open marriage. | 我们的婚姻在有些时候是很开放的 |
[13:14] | Other times we didn’t. | 另外一些时候则并不是 |
[13:16] | And when we didn’t, | 不过在不该开放的时候 |
[13:17] | I did some things that I never told him about. | 我做了一些不想让他知道的事情 |
[13:21] | And now that he’s dead, | 现在他已经去世 |
[13:22] | he knows everything. | 什么都知道了 |
[13:24] | That’s quite a one-two punch, isn’t it? | 这可真是一连串的打击 |
[13:26] | Discovering you’re dead and a cuckold. | 先是失去了性命 又发现自己戴了绿帽子 |
[13:29] | It doesn’t bother me that you don’t believe me. | 信不信由你 我无所谓 |
[13:33] | I fear that I, too, may be cursed with a literal mind. | 恐怕我和您女儿一样一根经 |
[13:37] | If, however, you are not experiencing delusions, | 但如果你所经历的不是幻觉 |
[13:40] | it may be possible that someone is trying | 有可能是有人 |
[13:42] | to take advantage of you. | 想利用你 |
[13:44] | You said Harry spoke to you– what did he say? | 你说哈利曾和你说话 他说什么了 |
[13:47] | I have it on tape. | 我录下来了 |
[13:49] | You could listen for yourself. | 你们可以自己听听 |
[13:54] | The clearest I ever heard Harry’s voice was | 我在这下面的时候 |
[13:57] | when I was down here, | 哈利的声音听得最清楚 |
[13:58] | so I started leaving my tape recorder on all the time. | 所以我开始一直开着录音机 |
[14:03] | You have to turn the volume all the way up to hear his voice. | 要把声音开大才能听到 |
[14:11] | “Imm huh-rahn”? | “一母哈让” |
[14:13] | No, no. | 不不不 |
[14:14] | He’s saying a name. | 他说的是个名字 |
[14:16] | Jim Harmon. | 吉姆·哈蒙 |
[14:18] | That’s the man I had the affair with. | 就是我外遇的对象 |
[14:20] | Harry really shook the whole house that night. | 那晚哈利震怒了 整个房子都跟着颤抖 |
[14:23] | And then he started yelling Jim’s name. | 之后他就开始咆哮吉姆的名字 |
[14:35] | Well, do you still think I’m imagining things? | 现在你还认为一切都是我的想象吗 |
[14:38] | I apologize, Mrs. Renziger. | 很抱歉 瑞辛格夫人 |
[14:39] | You most certainly are not. | 你肯定没有产生幻觉 |
[14:42] | You mentioned that some glasses were knocked | 你提到过楼上壁橱里面 |
[14:43] | off the cabinet upstairs. | 有些杯子掉落下来 |
[14:45] | That cabinet rests against this wall, yes? | 那个壁橱就在这面墙的后面 对吧 |
[14:48] | Yes, the living room is right above it. | 是的 上面就是客厅 |
[15:05] | How well do you know your neighbors? | 你了解你的邻居吗 |
[15:07] | Jerry and Paula? | 杰瑞和宝拉吗 |
[15:08] | They moved in here about the same time as I did. | 他们是和我一起搬进来的 |
[15:11] | But they’re snowbirds. | 但是他们是季度迁徙者 |
[15:13] | They won’t be back from Florida for a few more weeks. | 他们还有好几周才会从弗罗里达回来呢 |
[15:15] | Oh, uh, good neighbors often exchange keys. | 友好的邻居们总是会给对方门钥匙 |
[15:19] | Are you a good neighbor, Mrs. Renziger? | 你是个好邻居吗 瑞辛格夫人 |
[15:25] | The voice on the recording did not say “Jim Harmon,” | 录音上面说的并不是”吉姆·哈蒙” |
[15:27] | it said “Im haram.” | 他说的是”老子累死了” |
[15:29] | It’s a common Arabic obscenity. | 那是句通俗的阿拉伯脏话 |
[15:32] | So you think that voice was coming | 所以你认为那个声音 |
[15:33] | from all the way over here in the neighbor’s basement. | 是从这么远的邻居地下室里传出来的 |
[15:36] | No, I think someone shortened the distance considerably. | 不 我认为有人把这个距离变短了 |
[15:42] | Along with the voice, I heard a distinct banging | 除了人声 我还听到了清晰的敲击声 |
[15:45] | and a low rumbling frequency on the recording. | 还有一些低沉规律的隆隆声 |
[15:48] | That, along with the rest of Mrs. Renziger’s account, | 那个 再加上瑞辛格夫人的其他叙述 |
[15:51] | the, uh, vibrations, the flickering lights, | 震动 忽闪的灯光 |
[15:55] | all suggest that someone was employing | 都说明有人正在 |
[15:58] | digging equipment near the foundation of her home. | 她房子的地基附近使用挖掘设备 |
[16:05] | There were no signs of digging outside, | 但是在外面没看到有挖掘的迹象 |
[16:06] | So you think it was all happening down here? | 所以你认为是在这里挖的 |
[16:24] | Is that a tunnel? | 那是个地道吗 |
[16:31] | With a termination point | 并且终点就在瑞辛格夫人家 |
[16:32] | somewhere near the foundation of Mrs. Renziger’s home. | 地基的附近 |
[16:36] | Why would someone do all this, | 为什么这么做 |
[16:38] | dig from this basement to hers? | 从这个地下室挖到她家地下室 |
[16:41] | I know a way to find out. | 我有个办法能知道 |
[17:04] | Did you find anything? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[17:06] | I have, indeed. | 我确实有所发现 |
[17:08] | Mrs. Renziger was not visited by her husband’s ghost. | 造访瑞辛格夫人并不是她丈夫的鬼魂 |
[17:12] | She may, however, have been visited by terrorists. | 但或许是一些恐怖分子 |
[17:27] | Meet “Ruby.” | 和”露比”打个招呼吧 |
[17:29] | She’s a transatlantic data cable. | 她是根跨大西洋数据电缆 |
[17:31] | The fastest in the world | 全世界最快的 |
[17:33] | and a backbone of the North American Internet. | 并且是北美网络的主心骨 |
[17:36] | She looks like a garden hose. | 她看上去就像是花园里面的水管 |
[17:37] | It’s a curse of the modern age | 这就是现代社会的诅咒 |
[17:39] | that very significant things appear common place. | 这么非常重要的东西都随处可见 |
[17:41] | Now, Ruby is one of several undersea cables | 露比是连接欧洲和美国的 |
[17:43] | which connects Europe to the United States. | 几根海底数据线路之一 |
[17:46] | The full spectrum of commerce and communication flows | 全部商业信息和通信信息数据 |
[17:49] | through her optic fibers, | 都要通过她的光纤 |
[17:50] | as well as the requisite glut of pornography and cat videos. | 当然小黄片和傻猫录像也一样 |
[17:54] | And you knew that was what that cable was how? | 你是怎么知道这根线就是你所说的呢 |
[17:57] | The location of such cables is mapped. | 这种电缆的位置都是在地图上可见的 |
[17:59] | They’re accessible with very little effort. | 只需要花费一点力气就可以找到 |
[18:02] | The intent is to avoid entanglements | 初衷是为了避免线路冲突 |
[18:05] | and utility mishaps, but it also makes them | 和使用时的混乱 但是 |
[18:08] | amongst the most vulnerable terrorist targets in the world. | 同时也让她变成最易受到恐怖袭击的目标 |
[18:11] | And this basement’s probably a pretty smart place to dig from. | 而这个地下室也许是开始挖掘的最佳地点 |
[18:15] | And anywhere along the beach would attract attention, | 在海滩上挖的话会吸引人们的注意 |
[18:17] | out in the ocean would be a lot harder. | 在海上就更难了 |
[18:19] | And the cable ties into a landing house | 这根线还和另外一座陆上的房子交汇 |
[18:21] | another quarter of a mile inland, | 内陆四分之一公里处 |
[18:23] | at which point security increases markedly. | 但是那里的安全守卫很严格 |
[18:25] | What our attackers did not account for was | 但是我们的袭击者并没有料到 |
[18:27] | the intrusion of Garrison Boyd. | 加里森·博伊德的闯入 |
[18:29] | Right, so someone runs tunneling equipment | 没错 有人在埃尔斯冬天不在家的时候 |
[18:31] | out of the Ayers’ basement while they’re away for the winter. | 在他们的地下室使用挖掘设备 |
[18:33] | Mrs. Renziger hears the noise | 瑞辛格夫人听见了动静 |
[18:35] | and thinks it’s her dead husband, | 以为是她死去的丈夫 |
[18:36] | so her daughter asks Boyd to prove otherwise, | 所以她的女儿就让博伊德来找出原因 |
[18:38] | and then Boyd finds all this, same way you and Joan did? | 博伊德就像你和乔恩一样发现了这些吗 |
[18:47] | This little fella | 这个小东西 |
[18:49] | was amongst the gardening equipment over there. | 就和花园工具一起放在那边 |
[18:51] | The tip of his hat is missing. | 他帽尖缺了一部分 |
[18:56] | Mr. Boyd was murdered in this room. | 博伊德先生就是在这里被杀的 |
[18:58] | The killer loads the body into Boyd’s car, | 凶手把他的尸体装上博伊德的车 |
[19:00] | drives it back into the city, but then what? | 把他载回了市区 然后呢 |
[19:03] | Why not come back and cut the cable? | 为什么不再回来然后剪断电缆 |
[19:05] | Figured Boyd found them, | 觉得博伊德找到了他们 |
[19:07] | someone else might be coming, too? | 也许还有其他人也会来吗 |
[19:08] | Perhaps. | 也许 |
[19:09] | Or perhaps the fact | 或者正因为 |
[19:10] | that Ruby has not been cut | 露比还没有被剪断 |
[19:12] | signals a much greater threat. | 表明了一个更大的威胁 |
[19:14] | The Internet is designed with redundancies. | 网络在设计时就已经考虑了冗余问题 |
[19:16] | Cutting a single cable would no doubt cause some problems, | 剪断一根线确实会引起些问题 |
[19:19] | but a coordinated attack, | 但是一起统一的袭击 |
[19:22] | that could be crippling. | 却能够瘫痪网络 |
[19:24] | You think there might be other guys digging up other cables, | 你认为也许还有其他人在挖掘其他的线路 |
[19:26] | waiting for a signal to cut them all at once? | 然后等待信号一起剪断它们吗 |
[19:29] | I think it’s a possibility that we should consider. | 我认为我们必须要考虑这种可能性 |
[19:31] | I’ll reach out to DHS. | 我去联系国土安全部 |
[19:33] | Let them know what’s going on. | 让他们知道具体的情况 |
[19:42] | I’ll check back with you. | 我等会再来找你 |
[19:45] | So, you were right. | 所以 你是对的 |
[19:46] | Whoever dug that tunnel | 无论是谁挖的那个地道 |
[19:47] | stuck mostly to the basement. | 大部分时间都在地下室 |
[19:48] | But they did come up here every now and then. | 但是他们偶尔会出来一下 |
[19:50] | Yes, naturally. | 没错 |
[19:51] | If the man or men or women were here to do arduous work, | 如果有人在这里干这苦差 单人或团伙 无论男女 |
[19:54] | the hours would have been long. | 时间会很长 |
[19:55] | They would have needed to eat, hydrate | 他们必须要吃东西 喝水 |
[19:57] | and, of course, expel waste. | 当然 还有排泄 |
[19:59] | Toilet seat was up, so I’m guessing | 厕所的马桶圈没有放下 所以 |
[20:00] | at least one person was a “He.” | 我猜至少有一个男人 |
[20:02] | Also we found this in the fridge. | 而且我们在冰箱里发现了这个 |
[20:07] | “Doogh.” | “酸奶” |
[20:08] | Carbonated yogurt drink popular in Arab countries. | 碳酸酸奶在阿拉伯地区很流行 |
[20:11] | It’s hard to believe bubbling yogurt is popular anywhere. | 真难以想象冒泡的酸奶会在什么地方流行 |
[20:14] | I figured it didn’t belong to the Ayers, | 我猜这不是埃尔斯一家的 |
[20:16] | so I called the American distributor. | 所以我打给了美国地区的分销商 |
[20:17] | No place on the island sells it. | 在这里没有商店出售 |
[20:19] | Six stores in the city do. | 在市区有六家商店出售 |
[20:20] | They’re e-mailing me a list. | 他们会给我发一个名单 |
[20:23] | So assuming these stores have surveillance cameras, | 那么假设这些商店都有监控录像的话 |
[20:25] | we can check their footage from the last few weeks, | 我们就可以查看近几周的录像 |
[20:28] | see if anyone jumps out. | 看看有没有什么可疑的人 |
[20:30] | Hannah, come in. | 汉娜 进来吧 |
[20:36] | So I have good news. | 我有好消息 |
[20:38] | Don’t tell me you solved it already. | 别告诉我你已经破案了 |
[20:40] | Actually, you already had all the pieces. | 实际上 你已经有所有的线索了 |
[20:42] | Now, you said that all three drugstores were robbed | 你说所有的三家药店都在差不多的 |
[20:44] | around closing time. | 时间段被抢 |
[20:46] | At first, I assumed what you probably did. | 一开始 我的猜想跟你的估计差不多 |
[20:48] | That it was because closing is when a store is most vulnerable. | 商店要关门的时候是最不设防的 |
[20:51] | No customers, fewer employees, most cash on hand. | 没有顾客 员工很少 手头现金最多 |
[20:54] | But in this case, there was something else. | 但是此案中 有另外的情况 |
[20:57] | Now, two of the pharmacists told you | 两个药剂师都告诉过你 |
[20:58] | that a candy machine vendor had come by | 在抢劫之前有一个 |
[21:00] | just before the robberies. | 糖果机器供应商来过 |
[21:02] | I checked, | 我查过了 |
[21:04] | and that same vendor has machines in all three stores. | 在这三家商店里都是同一种机器 |
[21:07] | You think the vendor’s in on it. | 你认为供应商也参与了 |
[21:09] | He scopes out the stores | 他去商店踩点 |
[21:10] | and then tells his accomplices if it’s all clear. | 然后再告诉他的同伙是否安全 |
[21:13] | A friend took these today. | 有个朋友今天拍下了这个 |
[21:15] | Vending machine company uses this warehouse | 自动售货机公司使用这个仓库 |
[21:17] | to store their inventory and do repairs. | 来储存货物和维修 |
[21:20] | Look at these guys. | 看看这些人 |
[21:21] | Height, hair color, visible tattoos. | 身高 发色 纹身 |
[21:25] | They match the descriptions of the three perps. | 他们符合那三个嫌疑人的特征 |
[21:27] | They definitely don’t look like they’re in the gumball business. | 他们看上去绝对不像是卖糖果的 |
[21:31] | You found them. I can’t believe it. | 你找到他们了 真不敢相信 |
[21:33] | I mean, I-I can. I’m not surprised. | 我是说 我能 我一点都不惊讶 |
[21:35] | But thank you. | 但谢谢你 |
[21:37] | Odds are, | 我猜 |
[21:38] | this is where they’re storing the stolen pills. | 这里就是他们放那些偷来的药品的地方 |
[21:40] | When you bring this to Detective Hanford, | 你把这些拿去给汉福德警探 |
[21:42] | feel free to leave my name out of it. | 不需要提我的名字 |
[21:43] | But my guess is, the department’s gonna want | 但是我猜局里恐怕会想要 |
[21:45] | to sit on this place for a while. | 继续监视这个地方 |
[21:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[21:48] | As long as it doesn’t look like | 只要看上去没有 |
[21:49] | another robbery is imminent, | 另一场抢劫要发生 |
[21:51] | they’re gonna want to follow the drugs | 他们会希望跟踪这些药 |
[21:52] | up the food chain. | 追踪到经销渠道 |
[21:53] | With the amount of pills these guys are stealing, | 这些家伙们偷了这么大量的药 |
[21:55] | they probably have help moving them. | 很可能有人帮他们转移 |
[21:57] | So this could lead to bigger fish. | 所以这可能会掉到大鱼 |
[22:05] | It took no small amount of negotiation, but I was able | 经过了很长时间的协商 但是 |
[22:07] | to procure security footage from each of the Doogh-selling | 我已经拿到了那些销售酸奶 |
[22:10] | ethnic markets that you identified. | 商店的监控录像 |
[22:12] | Now, taking into account the hours Claire Renziger | 考虑到克莱尔·瑞辛格 |
[22:14] | did and did not hear “Ghosts,” | 听见鬼魂声音的时间 |
[22:16] | it would appear that our tunneler kept hours | 看上去我们的地道挖掘工们的工作时间 |
[22:18] | between 8:00 to 6:00. | 在早上八点到下午六点之间 |
[22:20] | So it stands to reason that he bought his Doogh | 这就证明他会出去买酸奶及其他物品的时间 |
[22:22] | and other provisions at either the beginning | 不是一大早 |
[22:23] | or the end of each day. | 就是晚上 |
[22:25] | Oh, that’s great. | 太棒了 |
[22:27] | It’ll help us move through these faster. | 这能帮我们查找得更快 |
[22:29] | Assuming, of course, you’re not still splitting your time | 当然 前提是你不会在追捕 |
[22:31] | between the tribulations of a beat cop | 一个潜在的恐怖分子时 |
[22:33] | and the hunt for a likely terrorist. | 继续分心去帮一名巡警的话 |
[22:34] | May I remind you that “Beat cop” is our boss’s daughter? | 那名巡警可是我们上司的女儿 |
[22:37] | Is that why you were helping her? | 所以你才帮她吗 |
[22:38] | To curry favor? | 为了讨好上司 |
[22:40] | I’m helping her because she asked me. | 我帮她是因为她找我帮忙 |
[22:43] | What do you think of her? | 你觉得她怎么样 |
[22:45] | Hannah? | 汉娜吗 |
[22:46] | She’s nice. | 她人不错 |
[22:47] | I mean, what do you think of her as an investigator? | 我是说你觉得她调查能力如何 |
[22:50] | Oh, she’s green. | 经验不足 |
[22:51] | I mean, she’s dedicated. | 但很用心 |
[22:52] | She did all the legwork, | 她很勤快 |
[22:53] | she just couldn’t connect all the dots. Why? | 只是没能找出线索的关联 怎么了 |
[22:55] | Oh, it just confirms a long-held suspicion. | 看来我一直以来的猜测是对的 |
[22:58] | She’s middling. | 她很平庸 |
[22:59] | Hold on, I did not say she was “Middling.” | 慢着 我可没说她平庸 |
[23:00] | And that’s sad, because she is the daughter of a colleague | 真遗憾 因为她是同事的女儿 |
[23:02] | and he has certain aspirations for her. | 而他又望女成凤 |
[23:05] | Excuse me, but have you ever even talked to Hannah? | 不好意思 你有跟汉娜接触过吗 |
[23:07] | Twice. | 谈过两次话 |
[23:08] | That’s it? | 就这些 |
[23:08] | And that all you needed to size her up? | 你就仅凭这些评价她吗 |
[23:10] | I also looked at her records. | 我还看了她的档案 |
[23:12] | Understand, Watson: | 我明白 华生 |
[23:13] | I think she’s a perfectly capable police officer. | 我认为她是一个能干出色的警官 |
[23:15] | She knows how to handle herself in a confrontation | 她在冲突对峙中表现良好 |
[23:17] | and she’s first-rate with a weapon. | 枪法也不错 |
[23:19] | What I fear she is not, however, is a detective. | 但我恐怕她不是当侦探的料 |
[23:21] | Give me a break. | 别扯了 |
[23:23] | It’s a calling, Watson; | 当侦探要讲天分 华生 |
[23:23] | no one knows that better than you. | 没人比你更清楚 |
[23:26] | I learned because you taught me. | 我是你教出来的 |
[23:27] | I taught you because I saw something. | 我教你是因为你有天分 |
[23:29] | What if I told you I see something in Hannah? | 那我说我在汉娜身上看到天分了呢 |
[23:31] | I would tell you you’re mistaken. | 那你就看错了 |
[23:33] | You know what? | 不跟你说了 |
[23:34] | I’ll be in my room. | 我回房了 |
[23:57] | Thought I’d let you sleep in. | 我不想吵醒你 |
[24:00] | You found my notes? | 看到我留的纸条了吗 |
[24:01] | Well, sort of hard to miss. | 看到了 摆得那么明显 |
[24:03] | Watched the video? | 看过视频了吗 |
[24:05] | I take it this is our suspect? | 这是嫌犯吗 |
[24:07] | Note the coveralls. | 注意看工作服 |
[24:08] | The tape that you’re watching | 这段录像记录了 |
[24:10] | records his fifth appearance at the store | 他在过去短短两周内 |
[24:14] | in a span of two weeks. | 第五次出现在商店 |
[24:16] | During that period of time, | 在这段时间里 |
[24:17] | his clothes get progressively dirtier, | 他的衣服越来越脏 |
[24:19] | save for two rectangular spots on his knees. | 除了两腿膝盖处之外 |
[24:22] | Presumably, he wore some knee pads | 可能是他挖隧道时 |
[24:23] | while he was digging his tunnel. | 穿了护膝吧 |
[24:25] | Well, “Presumably” isn’t “Definitely.” | 那也只是可能而已 |
[24:26] | He may just be a plumber. | 他也许是个水管工 |
[24:28] | And I see he didn’t use his credit card. | 我看他没用信用卡 |
[24:30] | As is his wont. Unfortunately, he can’t be identified via receipts. | 他习惯如此 所以无法通过票据确认其身份 |
[24:33] | The woman in the red coat, however… | 但那个穿红衣服的女人… |
[24:35] | She knows him. | 她认识他 |
[24:37] | She paid with her American Express. | 她付账时用的是运通卡 |
[24:38] | Her name is Yolanda Massee | 名叫尤兰达·梅西 |
[24:40] | and I’m stepping into her elevator as we speak. | 这会我正要坐电梯去拜访她 |
[24:43] | I’ll call you when I know more. | 我了解更多后再打给你 |
[24:50] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[24:51] | Hello. Ms. Massee? | 你好 梅西女士 |
[24:52] | My name is Sherlock Holmes. | 我叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[24:54] | I’m a consultant with the New York Police Department. | 是纽约警局的顾问 |
[24:56] | I was hoping I might ask you a few questions. | 我想问您一些问题 |
[24:58] | Do you have a badge? | 你有警徽吗 |
[24:59] | I’m afraid I’m quite allergic | 恐怕我对肖像略感过敏 |
[25:00] | to iconography. I was just– | 我只是想… |
[25:01] | I was hoping you might be able to tell me this man’s name. | 想看看你能否告诉我这个人的名字 |
[25:05] | Is this a joke? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[25:06] | No. | 没有 |
[25:07] | I think it’s Nazim or Nadim… | 是纳吉姆还是纳迪姆的… |
[25:10] | I’m not really sure. | 我也不确定 |
[25:11] | But you know him? | 但你认识他吧 |
[25:13] | I don’t know. | 不熟 |
[25:13] | How well do you know your neighbors? | 你对你的邻居有多熟呢 |
[25:15] | He’s your neighbor? | 他是你邻居 |
[25:17] | He lives right there. | 他就住在那边 |
[25:27] | I’d recommend you leave your building right now. | 我建议你马上离开这栋楼 |
[25:29] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[25:30] | ‘Cause your neighbor heard us talking… | 因为你的邻居听到了我们的谈话… |
[25:33] | …and he is currently dousing | 他此刻正在他的住处内 |
[25:34] | his apartment with accelerant. | 泼洒助燃剂 |
[25:37] | Go on! | 快走 |
[25:41] | Nadim? Or is it Nazim? | 纳迪姆 还是纳吉姆来着 |
[25:44] | You might find this hard to believe, | 我知道这会让你很难相信 |
[25:45] | but I’m-I’m actually here to help you. | 但我是过来帮你的 |
[25:46] | Don’t come any closer. | 别过来 |
[25:50] | You’re not a terrorist at all, are you? | 你根本不是恐怖分子 是吧 |
[25:52] | No. | 不是 |
[25:53] | Look, I’m open to the possibility | 我认为加里森·博伊德的死 |
[25:55] | that Garrison Boyd’s death was an accident. | 可能是个意外 |
[25:57] | He caught you unawares and-and you panicked. | 他在你毫无防备时出现 你慌了 |
[25:59] | But if you drop that lighter, | 但你要是扔下打火机 |
[26:01] | you will be attempting murder on the 200 or so other people | 你将背负企图谋杀楼里两百多位 |
[26:04] | who live in this building. | 住户的罪名 |
[26:26] | This… | 这个… |
[26:28] | this contraption was at the heart | 这个精巧的装置 |
[26:29] | of the drawings on Nadim Al-Haj’s walls. | 在纳迪姆·阿哈吉墙上那些图纸的正中间 |
[26:32] | I only had a moment to absorb them before they were engulfed in flames, | 在它被付之一炬之前 我只能瞬时记忆了一下 |
[26:36] | but it was clear that he never intended | 但很显然他没打算 |
[26:39] | to sever the cable that he excavated. | 切断他挖到的电缆 |
[26:40] | Rather, I think his plan was to splice this device onto it. | 我觉得他是想把这装置接到上面去 |
[26:46] | You think you can figure out what it does? | 你能查出这东西是干什么用的吗 |
[26:47] | I won’t know for sure till we cut off the melted plastic, | 我要先弄掉这些烧融的塑料才能确定 |
[26:50] | but hopefully, enough of the circuitry inside is intact. | 但希望里面的电路保存完整吧 |
[26:53] | If I was a betting man, | 要我打赌的话 |
[26:54] | I’d say that it was meant to collect information | 我会说这东西应该是收集信息 |
[26:56] | and transmit it elsewhere. | 然后再传送到某处用的 |
[26:58] | You’re thinking this is one big data grab. | 你认为这是用来获取数据的 |
[27:00] | Why not hack into it from a computer somewhere? | 为什么不从别处用电脑窃取数据呢 |
[27:02] | There’s gotta be an easier way than digging that tunnel. | 肯定有比挖地道更简单的方法吧 |
[27:05] | Ask the NSA. | 那就要问国安局了 |
[27:06] | According to Edward Snowden, | 根据爱德华·斯诺登所说 |
[27:07] | U.S. Intelligence agencies | 美国情报局 |
[27:09] | routinely tap into these cables | 经常将这些电缆 |
[27:10] | upstream of their official tie-ins | 接入官方设备 |
[27:11] | so they can better monitor American citizens. | 从而监视美国公民 |
[27:14] | The first time Ruby feeds aboveground | 露比第一次正式有信号 |
[27:15] | is at 60 Hudson, downtown. | 是在市中心 哈德逊街60号 |
[27:17] | Big banks have a offices there to get financial data first, | 一些大银行在那设立办事处收集第一手金融信息 |
[27:20] | but it’s also where a lot of info gets encrypted | 但在那里很多信息都被加密了 |
[27:22] | and after that, it’s harder to spy on. | 在那之后就很难监视了 |
[27:24] | Actually, digging a hole on Long Island makes a lot of sense. | 实际上 在长岛上挖个洞还是合理的 |
[27:27] | So you’re saying my phone might ring at any minute, | 你是说我随时可能接到电话说 |
[27:30] | telling me this guy works for our government? | 这个人为政府效力吗 |
[27:32] | Perhaps. Or a foreign one. Or a corporation. | 有可能 或是外国政府 或某家公司 |
[27:34] | I mean, who in this day and age | 毕竟 当今时代 |
[27:35] | does not view information as power? | 谁不认为信息就是力量呢 |
[27:37] | Hopefully, the device | 但愿 |
[27:38] | will tell us what information the perp was capturing: | 我们能查到犯人在用这个装置收集什么信息 |
[27:40] | e-mails, trade secrets, credit card numbers… | 邮件 商业机密 信用卡号… |
[27:43] | If we’re lucky, we’ll even get an IP address | 如果幸运的话 我们还能查到IP地址 |
[27:44] | where it was being sent. | 找出接收方 |
[27:46] | Then we’ll have a better idea of what we’re dealing with. | 那就更利于我们处理此案了 |
[27:49] | Nadim Al-Haj, born in Iraq in 1978. | 纳迪姆·阿哈吉 1978年生 生于伊拉克 |
[27:53] | He emigrated to the U.S. In ’06 | 2006年移居到美国 |
[27:55] | and became a citizen two years ago. | 两年前成为美国公民 |
[27:58] | He was an electrical engineer in his country, | 他之前在伊拉克是个电子工程师 |
[28:00] | but he’s been working here as a lineman for the cable company. | 但来到美国就在一家电缆公司做接线员 |
[28:03] | So he definitely had the skills. | 所以他肯定是有技术的 |
[28:05] | Yeah, a few parking summonses, | 有些停车罚单 |
[28:06] | but no criminal record that I could find. | 但我没查到有犯罪记录 |
[28:09] | What’s that about? | 那是怎么回事 |
[28:12] | Oh, you didn’t hear? | 你没听说吗 |
[28:13] | Hannah made a big collar on her patrol this morning. | 汉娜今早巡逻时立了大功 |
[28:15] | Everyone’s been messing with the captain over it. | 大家都在用这事拿警监开涮 |
[28:18] | What’d she do? | 她做什么了 |
[28:19] | She spotted a perp who matched the description | 她认出了一个犯人 |
[28:21] | off a few drugstore robberies on her beat. | 符合她辖区内药房劫匪的特征 |
[28:23] | Now, he took off into a warehouse, | 他离开后去了一间仓库 |
[28:24] | she and her partner followed, scooped him up | 她和搭档跟踪了他 端了他的窝 |
[28:27] | and found almost 200 grand worth of pills. | 查获了价值二十万的药品 |
[28:31] | That’s pretty lucky. | 真幸运 |
[28:32] | Well, that ain’t luck. That’s DNA. | 跟幸运无关 这是遗传 |
[28:35] | She’s good. | 她很出色 |
[28:37] | I– you know, I just realized I forgot– | 我刚想起来 我忘了件事… |
[28:39] | I have to run an errand. | 我得去办个事 |
[28:40] | I’ll… just tell Sherlock I’ll catch up. | 我会…告诉夏洛克我会跟进的 |
[28:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:47] | Captain… | 警监 |
[28:48] | this is all we could find on Nadim Al-Haj. | 这是我们能找到的纳迪姆·阿哈吉的所有资料 |
[28:51] | It isn’t much. | 不太多 |
[28:52] | Finest message is out on him and his van, | 已经将他和他的货车信息发布出去了 |
[28:54] | and Homeland Security’s issued a BOLO | 国土安全局将全面通缉令 |
[28:56] | to Port Authority, Amtrak and TSA. | 发给了港务局 铁路公司 还有海关 |
[28:59] | The apartment Mr. Al-Haj occupied | 阿哈吉先生所在的公寓 |
[29:01] | is owned by “The Collin Eisely Group”? | 属于”科林·艾斯利集团” |
[29:03] | You know that name? | 你听说过吗 |
[29:04] | I do. | 是的 |
[29:06] | Watson and I paid a visit to Collin Eisely yesterday. | 华生和我昨天去见过科林·艾斯利 |
[29:08] | He’s a developer. | 他是个开发商 |
[29:09] | Several months ago, he made a bid on the house | 几个月前 他投标了一座房子 |
[29:12] | next to the one with the tunnel. | 就在地道旁边 |
[29:13] | You mean the one that’s actually much closer to the cable? | 你是说离电缆更近的那个 |
[29:18] | The man who murdered Garrison Boyd | 杀了加里森·博伊德的人 |
[29:20] | lives in a building that you own. | 住在你拥有的一栋楼里 |
[29:22] | What do you suppose the odds are of that being a coincidence? | 你觉得这事是巧合的几率有多大 |
[29:26] | I own several buildings, | 我拥有的楼有好几栋 |
[29:27] | which, together, house hundreds of tenants. | 算在一起 有数百名住客 |
[29:29] | It may surprise you to know | 也许会让你感到吃惊 |
[29:30] | that I’m not on a first-name basis with any of them. | 我和他们都没到称名道姓的亲密地步 |
[29:33] | It’s interesting that you should mention names, | 正巧你提到了名字 |
[29:34] | because you changed yours, did you not? | 因为你改过名 对吧 |
[29:37] | Before you got into real estate, | 在你开始搞房地产之前 |
[29:38] | you were a stockbroker, and until a few years ago, | 你是个股票经纪人 直到几年前 |
[29:40] | your legal name was Louis Eisely. | 你的合法名字还是路易斯·艾斯利 |
[29:43] | Collin was your middle name. | 科林是你的中间名 |
[29:44] | Now, we’re guessing the decision to change it | 我们猜测你改名字的原因 |
[29:46] | has something to do with you | 可能和你当时 |
[29:47] | serving 18 months for insider trading? | 因内线交易蹲过一年半监狱有关 |
[29:49] | The name change was aboveboard; | 改名是光明正大的 |
[29:51] | I’m not breaking any laws. | 我没有违法 |
[29:54] | My real estate dealings go much more smoothly | 这可以让我的房地产交易更顺利 |
[29:56] | when my criminal record | 因为我的犯罪记录 |
[29:57] | isn’t the first thing people learn about me. | 不会成为人们对我的第一印象 |
[29:59] | I imagine they would. | 的确如此 |
[30:01] | Because Louis Eisely was a particularly cutthroat | 因为路易斯·艾斯利是一个非常凶残的 |
[30:04] | Wall Street trader. | 华尔街交易员 |
[30:06] | From the early 2000s. | 从新世纪初期 |
[30:08] | A man whose downfall, at the height of his career, | 一个人从他职业生涯至高点摔下 |
[30:10] | made his name synonymous with Wall Street greed. | 让他的名字与华尔街的贪婪画上了等号 |
[30:14] | I did my time. | 我服了刑 |
[30:16] | Prison changed me. | 监狱改变了我 |
[30:18] | I’m not so sure that it did. | 我不确定究竟有没有变 |
[30:20] | Trading in secrets put you on top. | 内线交易让你登上巅峰 |
[30:23] | Does a man like you ever really lose a taste for that? | 像你这种人真的会放弃这种滋味吗 |
[30:27] | You still haven’t explained what it is you think I did. | 你还是没说你怀疑我做了什么 |
[30:30] | You hired Nadim Al-Haj | 你雇了纳迪姆·阿哈吉 |
[30:31] | to tap a transatlantic data cable called Ruby. | 来监视一条名叫露比的跨大西洋数据电缆 |
[30:35] | Runs right past Claire Renziger’s basement. | 正好经过克莱尔·瑞辛格的公寓 |
[30:37] | So, first, you tried to buy her house. | 所以起先 你想买下她的房子 |
[30:39] | When she turned you down, | 当她拒绝你之后 |
[30:41] | you had Al-Haj dig a tunnel from next door, instead. | 你就让阿哈吉从隔壁挖条通道 |
[30:45] | And why would I have done any of that? | 那我为什么要做这些事呢 |
[30:47] | Because you have a Savant’s talent | 因为你有很高的天赋 |
[30:48] | for turning information into gold. | 可以将信息转化为金子 |
[30:51] | Ruby is the mother lode. | 露比就是主矿脉 |
[30:52] | Tapping into her would give you unfettered access | 监控她可以让你畅通无阻地接触 |
[30:54] | to a wealth of intelligence | 大量的信息情报 |
[30:55] | with which to inform your investment strategies. | 以此可以帮你调整投资策略 |
[30:58] | That’s actually brilliant. | 这听起来挺棒的 |
[30:59] | I wish I had thought of it | 我倒希望我能想出来 |
[31:00] | back when I was trading. | 在我以前还能交易的时候 |
[31:02] | I can’t go near the market. | 我不能接近股市 |
[31:04] | The FCC has banned me from trading until the day I die. | 联邦通信委员已经禁止我余生再参与交易 |
[31:08] | By court order, every dollar I have in stocks | 根据法院指令 我在股市中的所有钱 |
[31:10] | is in a blind trust. You can look it up. | 都转到了保密信托 你可以去查查 |
[31:12] | Well, perhaps you’re selling the information for a price. | 也许你是开价贩卖了信息 |
[31:15] | And keep the proceeds where? | 然后把收益放在哪 |
[31:17] | In my mattress? | 我床垫下吗 |
[31:18] | The Feds audit all my accounts. | 联邦特工监察着我所有账户 |
[31:20] | I can’t win at bingo without them taking notice. | 我中个刮刮乐他们都会知道 |
[31:24] | Gentlemen, | 先生们 |
[31:26] | I have more important things to do with my day. | 我今天还有更重要的事情要做 |
[31:28] | You’re fishing; | 你们在钓鱼 |
[31:30] | I’m not biting. | 我可不会咬钩 |
[31:36] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[31:37] | I just heard the news. | 我刚听说 |
[31:40] | Congratulations. | 恭喜了 |
[31:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[31:43] | So, I thought it was interesting | 所以 我挺感兴趣的 |
[31:44] | how you just happened to spot the suspect, | 你是怎么碰巧就发现了嫌疑人 |
[31:47] | took a whole stash house down. | 然后端了整个藏匿点 |
[31:48] | You said to leave you out of it. | 你说了不必提你的名字 |
[31:50] | This is not about credit, Hannah. | 这跟功劳无关 汉娜 |
[31:51] | This is about doing the right thing. | 这是关于做正确的事 |
[31:53] | The right thing would’ve been to kick it upstairs. | 正确的做法是上报高层 |
[31:56] | Let Hanford take it from there. | 让汉福德接手处理 |
[31:57] | Right. Go after bigger fish. | 是啊 放长线钓大鱼 |
[31:59] | So, why didn’t you? | 那你为什么不这么做呢 |
[32:01] | You and I both know if I turned this over to Hanford, | 你和我都知道如果我交接给汉福德 |
[32:03] | I would’ve ended up a footnote in his report. | 我最终只会成为他报告中的一段脚注 |
[32:05] | If it did lead to bigger fish, not even that. | 如果能抓到更大的鱼 连脚注都没了 |
[32:06] | But you don’t know that. | 但你怎么会知道是这样 |
[32:07] | I do. ‘Cause I’m a cop. | 我能 因为我是警察 |
[32:09] | I’ve seen it. I know how it works. | 我见过 我知道是怎么回事 |
[32:12] | And I’m not a cop, right? | 而我不是警察 对吧 |
[32:13] | It’s just different for me. | 我这里情况不一样 |
[32:15] | Sergeant’s exam is coming up. I get extra points for commendations. | 警官测试就要开始了 立功可以加分 |
[32:18] | I thought you were doing this to help the people on your beat. | 我以为你这么做只是想帮助巡逻中遇到的人 |
[32:21] | Or is that just something you thought I wanted to hear? | 或者说这是你认为我想听到的 |
[32:23] | I did help them. | 我确实帮了他们 |
[32:24] | I got some bad guys off the street. | 我清理了街上的几个坏人 |
[32:26] | Just not as many as you could have. | 只是本可以清理更多 |
[32:30] | You helped me when I needed help. | 你在我需要的时候帮了我 |
[32:32] | I won’t forget it. | 我不会忘记的 |
[32:42] | Hey, I just ran into Marcus downstairs. | 我刚才在楼下碰到了马库斯 |
[32:43] | He told me about Collin Eisley. | 他跟我说了科林·艾斯利的事 |
[32:45] | Sounds like it didn’t go well. | 听起来不怎么顺利 |
[32:46] | I’m no less convinced of his connection to Garrison Boyd’s murder. | 我依然认为他与加里森·博伊德的谋杀案有关 |
[32:50] | You know, because of his history, | 你知道 因为他的过往 |
[32:51] | Mr. Eisley’s money is in a blind trust. | 艾斯利先生的钱都放在保密信托里 |
[32:54] | Well, that means he can’t touch it, right? | 就是说他碰不到 对吧 |
[32:56] | More than that– he can’t even know how it’s managed. | 更甚 他甚至都不能知道钱是怎么管理的 |
[32:59] | Now, Eisley’s trust is handled by Robiskie Investments, | 艾斯利的信托是由罗比斯基投资公司掌管的 |
[33:02] | a second-tier brokerage house at best. | 顶多算个二流证券行 |
[33:05] | I suspect more prominent firms refused his business | 我怀疑更好的企业拒绝与他合作 |
[33:07] | because of the miasma that still surrounds him. | 因为他身边的臭气还没有消散 |
[33:10] | His investments are all in computer-traded funds, | 他的资金全投入了计算机交易基金 |
[33:13] | which deliver a return far less than the profits he once made. | 其中获得的利益远没有他之前的多 |
[33:17] | That’s got to burn. | 这肯定很难受 |
[33:18] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[33:19] | A man who had spent his entire life | 一个花费了他一生时间 |
[33:21] | exploiting weaknesses in the financial system | 来发掘金融体系软肋的人 |
[33:23] | would surely chafe at such restrictions. | 肯定会对这种限制感到愤怒 |
[33:25] | So, you thought he wanted to tap into Ruby | 所以你认为他想要监控露比 |
[33:27] | in order to profit off the information, | 是为了能通过其中的信息获利 |
[33:29] | but there’s no way he can profit from it. | 但是他根本不可能从中获利 |
[33:30] | Or that I’ve found thus far. But I’m confident that when TARU | 至少目前看来是如此 但我确信技术部门 |
[33:33] | deliver its report, that mystery box is | 完成报告后 那个神秘盒子 |
[33:35] | gonna connect Eisley to the crime. | 将会把艾斯利与罪案联系起来 |
[33:38] | In the meantime… | 与此同时 |
[33:39] | I found this. | 我发现了这个 |
[33:43] | A decade ago, when Western companies | 十年前 当西方公司 |
[33:45] | were pillaging Iraq’s resources in the name of reconstruction, | 以重建的名义掠夺伊拉克资源的时候 |
[33:49] | Eisley toured the oil fields near Kirkuk. | 艾斯利拜访了基尔库克附近的油田 |
[33:52] | That’s Nadim Al-Haj. | 那是纳迪姆·阿哈吉 |
[33:53] | Al-Haj was his driver. | 阿哈吉是他的司机 |
[33:55] | He subsequently sponsored his immigration into the U.S. | 之后他资助他移民来了美国 |
[33:58] | Now, “Lived in his building” could be written off to chance. | 现在 “住在他的楼里”可以归结于偶然 |
[34:01] | This cannot. | 这个可不能 |
[34:03] | Hey, a senior technician from TARU is on his way up. | 技术部门的一位高级技术员正赶过来 |
[34:06] | Says he’s got some news. | 说他有新的发现 |
[34:10] | Parts of it were pretty badly fused, | 有一部分熔到一起了 |
[34:12] | but we were able to forensically reconstruct most of the circuitry. | 但是我们想办法复原了大部分电路 |
[34:15] | And? | 然后呢 |
[34:17] | It doesn’t look like it was meant to transmit anything anywhere. | 看起来并不像是能传送任何东西 |
[34:20] | So, what was it supposed to do? | 那它到底是干什么用的 |
[34:22] | Well, that’s the thing. It doesn’t store anything. | 这就是问题 它不存储任何东西 |
[34:24] | It doesn’t re-route anything. | 也不变向发送什么 |
[34:26] | It doesn’t change anything. | 什么都不改变 |
[34:27] | It’s just a maze of circuits. | 只不过是一套电路迷宫 |
[34:29] | Data goes in one end and comes out the other. | 数据从一头进来从另一头出去 |
[34:32] | That’s it. | 就只是如此 |
[34:33] | So, someone went to all the trouble of digging a tunnel, | 所以 有人花费心机挖了一条地道 |
[34:35] | exposing a transatlantic Internet cable | 找出一条跨大西洋网络电缆 |
[34:37] | and murdering a guy all so they could attach a devise that… | 还杀了一个人 只为了安装这个 |
[34:40] | Does absolutely nothing. | 完全没用的装置吗 |
[34:57] | I just got off the phone with Marcus. | 我刚和马库斯通完电话 |
[34:58] | So far, Nadim Al-Haj has done a pretty good job of disappearing. | 目前为止 纳迪姆·阿哈吉消失得挺成功 |
[35:01] | He’s gone to ground. | 他躲起来了 |
[35:02] | Knowing now he’s not a hardened terrorist, | 现在我们知道他不是一个冷酷的恐怖分子 |
[35:04] | I imagine he’s quite afraid. | 我猜他应该挺害怕的 |
[35:05] | A murder and a flight from the law | 杀人和被警察追捕 |
[35:07] | were not part of his plan. | 都不在他原本计划之内 |
[35:09] | Mason? | 梅森 |
[35:11] | Hey. | 你好 |
[35:12] | I thought you were grounded. | 我以为你被禁足了 |
[35:14] | From the Internet. | 是禁止上网 |
[35:15] | I mean, does this look like the Internet to you? | 不过你看这个像互联网吗 |
[35:19] | So, where New York’s finest nerds failed, | 所以纽约最棒的书呆子没能搞定的 |
[35:21] | you’re hoping yours will succeed? | 你希望你的人能成功 |
[35:23] | No offense to TARU. | 不是诋毁技术部门的那些人 |
[35:24] | But the simple fact is they must’ve missed something. | 但他们肯定漏掉了点什么 |
[35:27] | Nadim Al-Haj did not dig | 纳迪姆·阿哈吉挖那个 |
[35:28] | a 50-foot tunnel in order to install a plastic bauble | 十五米的地道不是为了装个 |
[35:31] | with as much function as a Christmas light. | 只能当圣诞节装饰灯用的塑料玩意 |
[35:33] | Until we find out what the devise does, | 在搞清这装置的作用之前 |
[35:35] | we cannot connect Collin Eisley to any crime. | 我们没法把科林·艾斯利跟任何罪行联系上 |
[35:37] | So, I’ve solicited a second opinion. | 所以我在寻找新的见解 |
[35:40] | It’s my hope that Mason will find something | 希望梅森能发现 |
[35:42] | that the police technicians missed. | 警方技术员忽略的东西 |
[35:44] | I’m trying. | 我会尽力 |
[35:44] | But don’t hold you breath. | 但别抱太大期望 |
[35:46] | I’m running parity bit tests, | 我进行了校验位测试 |
[35:47] | file compares, metadata compares, | 文件对比 元数据对比 |
[35:49] | different character sets, packet sizes… | 不同的字符集 不同大小的数据包… |
[35:51] | You’re running tests. | 你在做测试 |
[35:53] | We get it. | 我们懂了 |
[35:58] | I’m gonna get something to eat. | 我去弄点东西吃 |
[36:07] | Upstairs, may I presume that was Hannah that you sent to voicemail? | 刚才在楼上 你是把汉娜转到语音信箱了吗 |
[36:11] | Yeah, I didn’t think she was gonna leave a message, but she did. | 对 我没想到她会留语音 但她留了 |
[36:14] | She said she didn’t feel great about how we left things, | 她说觉得上次的处理方式不得当 |
[36:16] | and wanted to thank me again. | 还有想再次谢谢我 |
[36:18] | I mean, she didn’t really come out and say it, | 她并没有直接了当地说出来 |
[36:20] | but I got the sense that what she really wanted to know is | 但我觉得她真正想知道的是 |
[36:22] | what I’m gonna tell the captain. | 我会对警监说什么 |
[36:24] | What are you gonna tell him? | 你会对他说什么 |
[36:26] | I don’t know. I mean… | 不知道 我是说 |
[36:29] | he’s gonna want to know what happened, right? | 他应该想知道发生了什么 对吧 |
[36:32] | She’s a police officer, but she’s also his daughter. | 她是个警察 但也是他女儿 |
[36:34] | Obviously the truth will disappoint. | 很显然真相会让他失望 |
[36:41] | I should tell him. | 我应该告诉他 |
[36:42] | You should not. | 你不该说 |
[36:44] | You’ve expended enough time and effort on Hannah Gregson. | 你已经在汉娜·格雷森身上花了足够的时间和精力 |
[36:46] | Telling him will only embroil you further and benefit no one. | 告诉他只会让你陷得更深 却无益于任何人 |
[36:53] | Well, thanks for not actually saying the words | 谢谢你没有直白地对我说 |
[36:55] | “I told you so.” | 早告诉过你了 |
[36:56] | Well, for the record, I thought she was a subpar investigator. | 但我要申明 我只以为她调查能力欠佳 |
[36:58] | I’d no idea she was so cunning. | 没想到她这么狡猾 |
[37:01] | Anyway, I sent Mason home for the night. | 不管怎样 我让梅森回家休息了 |
[37:03] | Thus far, his tests uphold the dignity of the NYPD. | 到目前为止 他的测试还没发现纽约警局的漏洞 |
[37:08] | The stream of zeroes and ones generated by his tests | 他的测试产生的一系列零和一的组合 |
[37:11] | entered one end of the device | 从装置的一端输入 |
[37:13] | and emerged a consistent formula seconds later, | 很快从另一端输出 仍是同样的数据 |
[37:16] | unchanged. It is quite literally | 毫无变化 真可以说这是个 |
[37:20] | a box that does nothing. | 完全没用的盒子 |
[37:26] | Unless that’s the whole point. | 除非要的就是这效果 |
[37:28] | What? | 什么 |
[37:29] | The four milliseconds that doing nothing would take. | 四毫秒什么都不做就行 |
[37:39] | What difference would four milliseconds make to anything? | 四毫秒能做什么 |
[37:42] | In your world and mine, none at all. | 在你我的世界里 什么都干不了 |
[37:43] | To a human being, it’s a imperceptible amount of time. | 对人类而言 这时间短到无法感知 |
[37:46] | But the lion’s share of trading on Wall Street | 但华尔街上大部分的交易都是 |
[37:48] | happens automatically, via computers. | 通过电脑自动完成的 |
[37:51] | And in their world, | 在他们的世界里 |
[37:52] | milliseconds translate to millions of dollars. | 几毫秒就等于几百万美金 |
[37:56] | Ruby is the fastest transatlantic cable that there is. | 露比是世上最快的跨大西洋电缆 |
[37:59] | Terminates on American soil at 60 Hudson Street, | 终端在美国领土内哈德逊街60号 |
[38:02] | where, in order to extract financial data first, | 为了最先得到金融数据 |
[38:05] | the top investment firms pay a premium to house their servers. | 那些顶尖投资公司都花高价在此存放其服务器 |
[38:08] | Now, any company which does not lease a space | 那么 任何未租用哈德逊街60号的公司 |
[38:10] | at 60 Hudson is at instant disadvantage. | 都有极大的劣势 |
[38:14] | Would you care to guess which firm is not flush | 愿意猜一猜哪家公司没有足够资金 |
[38:16] | with enough capital to earn a spot at 60 Hudson? | 在哈德逊街60号租块地方吗 |
[38:23] | Robiskie Investments. | 罗比斯基投资公司 |
[38:25] | They manage your blind trust. | 他们管理着你的保密信托金 |
[38:26] | Only their servers are in a different building. | 只不过他们的服务器在另一栋楼里 |
[38:29] | Their data comes in from a slower transatlantic cable. | 他们得到的数据来自更慢的一条跨大西洋电缆 |
[38:32] | One that is usually two milliseconds behind. | 通常会滞后两毫秒 |
[38:34] | A market closes halfway around the world, | 全球半数市场停盘 |
[38:36] | currency drops, a regime falls– | 货币贬值 王朝覆灭 |
[38:38] | the news hurdles across the globe at the speed of light. | 消息以光速在全球传播 |
[38:41] | The larger firms’ computers buy and sell | 大公司的电脑早已买卖了 |
[38:43] | thousands of shares before the one that holds your money | 上千股 而帮你管钱的那家公司 |
[38:46] | even gets the news. | 却还没收到消息 |
[38:47] | So you planned to turn the tables. | 所以你想要翻盘 |
[38:49] | Slow Ruby down by four milliseconds. | 把露比的速度拖慢四毫秒 |
[38:52] | Suddenly the big firms are the ones at a disadvantage. | 忽然之间那些大公司就处于劣势了 |
[38:55] | Your blind trust would start making more money. | 你的保密信托会开始赚大钱 |
[38:57] | And your hands would stay clean. | 而没人会怀疑你 |
[38:59] | Other firms and clients would benefit, too | 其他的公司和客户也能获益 |
[39:01] | anyone who pulled their data from a source other than Ruby. | 只要他们的数据不是来自露比 |
[39:04] | But for a man pathologically driven to play the game, | 但对于一个有足够驱动力来使诈的人 |
[39:07] | that’s a small price to pay. | 这代价微乎其微 |
[39:08] | Might even be a plus. | 甚至可能是件好事 |
[39:11] | Given that it would hide your gains amongst the crowd. | 因为你的盈利被隐藏在众人之中 |
[39:16] | You give me a lot of credit. | 你真是太看得起我了 |
[39:18] | Like I said before– it’s a brilliant plan. | 如我之前所说 这计划妙极了 |
[39:20] | But… even if you’re right, | 但 就算你说对了 |
[39:23] | you still have a problem. | 还有个最大的问题 |
[39:25] | You can’t link me to any of it. | 你没法证明我跟这事有关 |
[39:28] | Well, when my colleagues and I | 今早我的同事和我 |
[39:29] | got together this morning, I said the same thing. | 碰头的时候 我说了同样的话 |
[39:32] | I also asked about something that’s been bugging me. | 我也提出了一直困扰我的问题 |
[39:35] | When you first hired Nadim Al-Haj, | 你最初雇佣纳迪姆·阿哈吉时 |
[39:37] | the job didn’t include murder. | 没说过要他杀人 |
[39:39] | Once he killed Garrison Boyd, you must’ve promised him | 当他杀了加里森·博伊德后 为了封他的口 |
[39:42] | a pretty big payday to keep him quiet. | 你肯定得保证给他一大笔钱 |
[39:44] | Especially with him going on the run for who knows how long. | 尤其是他不知道要逃多久 |
[39:47] | But with your finances watched so closely, | 但你现在的资产都被盯着这么紧 |
[39:50] | how could you pay him? | 你要怎么付他钱呢 |
[39:51] | When I crossed paths with Mr. Al-Haj the other day, | 那天我见到阿哈吉先生 |
[39:54] | he absconded with a poster tube– | 他逃走时还带着个海报管 |
[39:56] | a conspicuous detail in itself, | 这事本身就很蹊跷 |
[39:58] | given that he was so busy destroying so much other evidence. | 要知道他匆忙销毁了那么多其它证据 |
[40:02] | I thought perhaps he’d retained a keepsake– | 我想也许他留下了什么作为纪念 |
[40:04] | some schematics, | 几张电路图 |
[40:05] | some leverage to hold over you should the need arise. | 万一需要的话 可以作为筹码来对付你 |
[40:07] | But when Detective Bell raised his question, | 但当贝尔警探提出这个问题时 |
[40:10] | I remembered noticing something when we were here yesterday. | 我想起昨天我们在这里时我留意到一件事 |
[40:15] | That’s not the same painting that was here | 我们第一次造访时这里挂的 |
[40:17] | the first time we visited. | 不是这幅画 |
[40:18] | It was a Picasso. | 而是幅毕加索的画 |
[40:20] | Woman’s Portrait. | 女人的画像 |
[40:21] | Not well-known, | 没多大名气 |
[40:22] | but even a lesser work by the master must be worth millions. | 但大师的作品即使不出名也至少值上百万 |
[40:27] | Is it here? | 画在这里吗 |
[40:28] | We’ve already reported it stolen. | 我们已经将画上报失窃了 |
[40:31] | No dealer is gonna touch it. | 不会有人敢经手销赃 |
[40:33] | Al-Haj won’t be able to get a dime. | 阿哈吉拿不到一分钱 |
[40:37] | You tell us if we’re wrong, Mr. Eisley. | 如果说错了请一定指正 艾斯利先生 |
[40:40] | But we don’t get the sense he’s a professional killer. | 但我们不觉得他是个职业杀手 |
[40:42] | It’s only a matter of time before we find him. | 找到他是早晚的事 |
[40:44] | And given that his payday’s going away, | 而且鉴于他的报酬泡汤了 |
[40:46] | it’s a good bet that when we do, he’ll talk. | 我相信等我们抓到他时 他会全盘托出 |
[40:50] | Now, you like to make deals, right? | 你喜欢做交易 是吧 |
[40:53] | How about before we find him, | 在我们找到他前 |
[40:55] | you make one right now? | 你跟我们做个交易如何 |
[41:01] | Oh, Joan? | 乔恩 |
[41:05] | Nice work today. | 今天干得漂亮 |
[41:07] | On the Eisley thing. | 艾斯利那案子 |
[41:08] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:09] | I’ll pass that on to Sherlock. | 我会转告夏洛克的 |
[41:11] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:15] | For what? | 怎么了 |
[41:25] | She told you? | 她告诉你了 |
[41:27] | You just seemed a little off these last couple of days. | 最近几天你都有点怪怪的 |
[41:30] | I know it wasn’t the credit. | 我知道你不为虚名 |
[41:32] | You and Holmes don’t care about that stuff, but… | 你和福尔摩斯都不在乎这些 但 |
[41:37] | whatever it was… | 不管因为什么… |
[41:38] | You know what? She just got excited. That’s all. | 她就是高兴过头了 没什么大不了 |
[41:42] | I don’t think you should help her again. | 我觉得你不该再帮她了 |
[41:46] | She is what she is. | 她的本事我清楚 |
[41:48] | She wants what she wants. | 她有她的追求 |
[41:50] | I love her… | 我爱她 |
[41:52] | but I love this job, too. | 但我也爱这份工作 |
[41:54] | The people who do it. | 以及跟我共事的人 |
[41:59] | She’s got to do better. | 她应该自己长进点 |
[42:04] | All right, good night. | 知道了 晚安 |