时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Whew! I’m beginning to think | 我开始觉得有些客户 |
[00:06] | that some clients aren’t worth the 20 feet in the cold. | 不值得让我在大冷天走这六米远 |
[00:10] | Maybe it’s time to un-nail that basement door, huh? | 也许该把通往地下室的门打开了 |
[00:16] | That’s the sex blanket. | 这是那条性爱毛毯 |
[00:17] | I have asked you not to call it that. | 我跟你说过别这么叫它 |
[00:20] | Who is she and what time is she coming over? | 她是谁 她什么时候过来 |
[00:22] | How would you like to spend the next three days | 你能去卢泰斯酒店住上三天吗 |
[00:24] | at the Hotel Lutece, enjoying the finest pampering | 享受一下西方文明所能提供的 |
[00:26] | that Western civilization has to offer? On me, | 最好的奢侈体验 当然是我出钱 |
[00:29] | of course. Already booked you a room. | 已经给你订好房了 |
[00:30] | Actually, it’s the least I could do, | 考虑到我要请求你 |
[00:32] | considering as I was about to request-slash-advise | 消失几天 |
[00:34] | that you make yourself scarce for a few days. | 我这么做不算什么 |
[00:35] | A few days? | 几天 |
[00:37] | Her name– to answer your initial question– | 回答你一开始的问题 |
[00:40] | is Agatha Spurrell. | 她叫阿加莎·斯拜罗 |
[00:41] | She’s an esteemed British climatologist. | 她是位受人尊敬的英国气象学家 |
[00:44] | She’s in New York to deliver the keynote at a global conference. | 她是来纽约给一个国际会议致辞的 |
[00:47] | We met several years ago, when she was consulting Father | 我们是几年前认识的 当时她是我爸 |
[00:49] | on a land deal in the Brazilian rain forest. | 在巴西热带雨林一项土地交易的顾问 |
[00:52] | At about the same time, I was investigating a man | 与此同时 我正在调查一个 |
[00:54] | who’d thrown his wife in the Splugen Pass | 把自己妻子从阿尔卑斯山施普吕根山口 |
[00:56] | in the Swiss Alps. Agatha | 扔下去的男人 |
[00:58] | helped to prove that visibility was quite good on the day | 阿加莎帮我证明了案发那天的能见度很高 |
[01:00] | in question, and that the wife’s death was not | 那个妻子的死并不像他丈夫 |
[01:02] | the accident that the husband claimed it to be. | 声称的那样是个意外 |
[01:06] | She’s proven herself quite useful on a number of occasions. | 她还给过我几次帮助 |
[01:10] | And we also find ourselves | 我们还发现彼此 |
[01:11] | compatible in matters of the flesh. | 在肉体上十分和谐 |
[01:13] | Wait, are you cleaning up? | 等等 你是在收拾房屋吗 |
[01:15] | Do not mistake caution for sentiment, Watson. | 不要把谨慎当做多情 华生 |
[01:18] | I’m just moving a few breakables out of the way– | 我是在把一些易碎品挪走 |
[01:20] | some rare volumes. | 都是些珍贵的容器 |
[01:22] | We do have a tendency to… spread out. | 我们可能会滚来滚去 |
[01:24] | I’m impressed. | 我真惊讶 |
[01:25] | A sex partner you’re not kicking out the minute you’re done. | 你居然有个做完之后不会被你立即赶走的炮友 |
[01:28] | But… mixing pleasure with an irregular? | 但是…和”非常规军”约炮 |
[01:30] | It seems a little risky, you know? | 这有点危险 你知道吗 |
[01:33] | Agatha is not your regular irregular. | 阿加莎不是通常的那些”非常规军” |
[01:35] | We both have the mental discipline to compartmentalize. | 我们都知道在心理上划清界限 |
[01:39] | Anyway, I’m having the woman over for her benefit, | 我让她留在这里是为了她 不是为了我 |
[01:41] | not mine; there’s a good deal of pressure surrounding her speech. | 她的演讲给她带来了很大的压力 |
[01:43] | I merely offer myself sexually to help her de-stress. | 我自我献身来帮她减压 |
[01:46] | And I will take the hotel. | 我会去住酒店的 |
[01:49] | I’m gonna go pack. | 我去收拾行李 |
[02:22] | You got to be kidding me. | 不是开玩笑吧 |
[02:27] | What the hell, man?! | 搞什么鬼 伙计 |
[02:38] | No! No! | 不 不要 |
[02:46] | No! Wait, no! | 不 等等 不要 |
[03:25] | Even you cannot deny the hypocrisy– | 连你也无法拒绝虚伪的荣耀 |
[03:27] | the world’s elite swarming into the city | 世界顶尖人物乘坐他们的私人直升机 |
[03:28] | via their private jets and luxury SUVs | 和豪华轿车涌进城市 |
[03:31] | to decry the dangers of global warming. | 来谴责全球变暖的危险性 |
[03:33] | Celebrity is a microphone, Sherlock. | 名人效应 夏洛克 |
[03:35] | People like that will fly their private jets regardless. | 他们无论如何都会乘坐私人飞机的 |
[03:38] | Better they put their privilege to good use, don’t you think? | 他们把特权用在这里不是更好吗 |
[03:42] | Wailing Goggle Man alone must burn enough fuel in a year | 光是哀嚎的眼镜男一年烧的燃料就够 |
[03:45] | to send a rocket to Mars. | 把一枚火箭送上火星 |
[03:46] | Wailing Goggle Man? | 哀嚎的眼镜男 |
[03:47] | Yeah, you know, the Irishman with the songs. | 就是那个唱歌的爱尔兰人 |
[03:50] | Bono. His name is Bono. | 波诺 他叫波诺 |
[03:57] | Detective? | 警探 |
[04:02] | I’ll inform Watson, and we’ll meet you there presently. | 我会通知华生 然后我们马上去见你 |
[04:05] | You must forgive me. | 你一定要原谅我 |
[04:07] | Duty calls. You have a key. | 我有工作 你有钥匙 |
[04:09] | The Brownstone is yours to come and go as you please. | 你在褐石屋可以随意进出 |
[04:11] | Actually, I was hoping we could discuss something this morning. | 其实我正想跟你讨论一些事 |
[04:14] | My schedule’s so full for the rest of the week, | 这周余下的时间我的日程太紧 |
[04:15] | I’m not sure we’ll get another chance. | 我觉得可能会没机会讨论 |
[04:17] | I promise I won’t take long. | 我保证不会占用很长时间 |
[04:27] | Hey, where you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[04:30] | Stalled train. | 地铁延误了 |
[04:31] | I take it that’s the lion’s share of the crime scene being carted off. | 我觉得被运走的是犯罪现场最重要的部分 |
[04:35] | It’s going to the garage at the precinct. | 它会被运到辖区的车库 |
[04:37] | The body’s on its way to the morgue. | 尸体在运往停尸间的路上 |
[04:38] | This street feeds right into the tunnel. | 这条路直通隧道 |
[04:40] | If I had held the scene any longer, | 如果我再堵着这里 |
[04:41] | we’d be getting calls from the mayor’s office. | 我们就要接到市长办公室的电话了 |
[04:44] | The victim’s name was Galen Barrow– 26. | 死者名叫盖伦·巴罗 二十六岁 |
[04:47] | He was a driver for one of those ride-sharing companies. | 他是一个打车服务公司的司机 |
[04:49] | Zooss? It’s like the Greek god, but with two Os and two Ss. | 宙司 就像那个希腊的神 但是写法略有不同 |
[04:53] | The dot-com mavens will not rest | 网民不把所有的单词都毁了 |
[04:54] | until every word has been mangled. | 是不会停下来的 |
[04:56] | That’s “Word” with one “O.” | “单词”这个词里只有一个”司” |
[04:58] | Looks like the killer was driving a yellow cab. | 看起来凶手开的是辆黄色出租车 |
[05:00] | Paint transfer all over the victim’s car. | 死者的车上到处都是蹭掉的油漆 |
[05:02] | Multiple impacts– | 多次撞击 |
[05:03] | no way this was an accident. | 这肯定不是意外 |
[05:05] | There has been a lot of tension between | 这几个月里出租车司机和专车司机 |
[05:06] | the cabbies and the ride-sharing guys the last few months. | 关系十分紧张 |
[05:09] | Some bar fights, a few other tangles, | 酒吧斗殴 还有争吵 |
[05:11] | but, far as I can tell, this is the first murder. | 但据我所知 这是第一起谋杀 |
[05:54] | Smell that. | 闻闻这个 |
[05:55] | The pavement? | 人行道 |
[05:56] | Vomit. | 呕吐物 |
[05:57] | That doesn’t look like puke. | 这看起来不像是呕吐物 |
[05:59] | That’s because the vomiter was drinking on an empty stomach. | 这是因为吐的人空腹喝了酒 |
[06:03] | Gin. A particularly cheap brand of gin called Pascal’s. | 琴酒 一种叫帕斯卡的便宜牌子 |
[06:07] | You can tell from the distinct blend of impurities and flavorings. | 可以从明显的杂质和添加剂闻出来 |
[06:10] | I’ll take your word for it. | 你说什么就是什么吧 |
[06:11] | So you think the killer threw up. | 你觉得凶手吐了 |
[06:14] | Leaning out of the driver’s seat would leave him about there. | 从驾驶位伸头出来说明他在这里 |
[06:17] | Yeah. I saw an empty bottle of Pascal’s | 对 我在街角的道边看到一个 |
[06:20] | on the curb around the corner. | 帕斯卡的空瓶子 |
[06:22] | Hadn’t been there for very long. | 扔在那里的时间不长 |
[06:24] | Could be the cabbie threw it out the window after he did this. | 可能是出租车司机离开时扔下的 |
[06:27] | I’ll have our guys bag it | 我会让我们的人打包它 |
[06:29] | and get a swab of that. | 然后采样呕吐物 |
[06:35] | The department reached out to the TLC | 警局去出租车修理中心 |
[06:37] | to try to find out if any cabs | 想查查今早有没有 |
[06:38] | came in with front-end damage this morning. | 车头受损的出租车来修 |
[06:41] | Looks like we got a hit at a fleet in Queens. | 看起来皇后区有所发现 |
[06:45] | Driver said he lost control on some ice | 司机说他在冰面上失去控制 |
[06:47] | and hit a pole. | 撞上了电线杆 |
[06:49] | He brought it in like this at around 6:00. | 他大概六点把车送来的 |
[06:54] | Well… I’d say he’s telling the truth. | 我认为他说的是实话 |
[06:59] | The car we’re looking for would be more banged-up, | 我们要找的车被撞得更严重 |
[07:01] | but we appreciate you letting us take a look. | 但很感谢你让我们看一眼 |
[07:03] | I wish your guys said on the phone | 要是你们在电话里就给我说 |
[07:05] | that someone killed a Zooss driver. | 是有人杀了宙司的司机就好了 |
[07:06] | I’d have saved you the trip. | 你们就省得跑一趟了 |
[07:08] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[07:09] | The driver did this– name’s Rasheed. | 这位撞了车的司机 叫拉什德 |
[07:12] | He leases by the week and sends everything he makes | 他的租车合约到这星期为止 |
[07:14] | back to his family in Bangladesh. | 他把全部家当都寄回孟加拉国了 |
[07:16] | Guys like that don’t care about Zooss | 这样的人才不在乎”宙司” |
[07:18] | or Goober or whatever they’re called. | 还是”傻瓜打车”什么的[原指Uber打车软件] |
[07:20] | Fleet hacks aren’t having any trouble picking up fares. | 车队的司机不愁拉不到客 |
[07:23] | All right, then who is upset about Zooss? | 那会有谁对宙司不满 |
[07:26] | If you ask me, you’re looking for a private owner. | 要我说 应该是出租车个体户 |
[07:29] | A guy who took out a mortgage to buy a medallion, | 那种拿房子作抵押 买黄色出租车牌照 |
[07:31] | and that cab is how he puts food on the table. | 靠开出租车维持生计的人 |
[07:34] | Those medallions cost, what, a million dollars now? | 那些牌照如今值多少 一百万吗 |
[07:36] | They did, but the price is going down | 以前是 但由于打车服务公司 |
[07:37] | thanks to the ride-share companies. | 这些牌照如今已贬值不少 |
[07:39] | In other cities, it’s already bad, | 在其他城市 情况早就很糟了 |
[07:41] | and people here see the writing on the wall. | 这里的人也察觉到了不祥之兆 |
[07:43] | It’s like the market for your house dropping out. | 就像你被人抢走了饭碗 |
[07:45] | A lot of these guys, | 他们中有很多人 |
[07:46] | they’re up to their eyeballs in debt, and now… | 都欠了一屁股债 而现在… |
[07:49] | they’re underwater. | 他们还债更艰难了 |
[07:51] | I’d kill over that. | 这可能是杀人动机 |
[07:56] | Hey. Thought you’d still be at the morgue. | 我以为你还在停尸房呢 |
[07:59] | Mr. Barrow’s body was a disappointment. | 巴罗先生的尸检结果很让人失望 |
[08:01] | It was devoid of any clues as to his killer’s identity, | 没找到任何能够指向凶手的线索 |
[08:03] | so I came here. | 所以我过来了 |
[08:05] | Your trip to the fleet was, of course, equally fruitless. | 你们去了车队 肯定也一无所获 |
[08:08] | And how did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[08:12] | This is a chrome bumper strip. | 这是镀铬保险杠 |
[08:15] | It is not from Galen Barrow’s car, | 不是盖伦·巴罗车上的 |
[08:16] | but rather from the cab– a Ford Crown Victoria. | 是出租车上的 一辆福特皇冠维多利亚 |
[08:19] | It became wedged into the wreckage | 它夹在车周围的残片中 |
[08:21] | and then pulled off as the cab backed away. | 当出租车倒车时被扯掉了 |
[08:23] | It’s significant because the last model year | 这是条关键线索 因为最后一批使用 |
[08:26] | when Ford Crown Victorias had chrome bumper strips was 2003. | 镀铬保险杠的皇冠维多利亚产于2003年 |
[08:30] | Would you care to guess | 你们猜一下 |
[08:31] | how many active yellow cabs are Ford Crown Victorias | 现役出租车能有多少辆是产于2003年或更早的 |
[08:33] | manufactured in 2003 or earlier? | 福特皇冠维多利亚 |
[08:36] | Something tells me you already checked. | 感觉你已经查过了 |
[08:38] | Five. And all of them have been accounted for. | 五辆 而且全都核查过了 |
[08:41] | I don’t understand. Are you saying it wasn’t a cab? | 我不明白 你是说肇事车不是出租车吗 |
[08:44] | Not an active cab, no. But a retired one? | 不是现役车 但若是已报废车辆呢 |
[08:48] | The dispatcher we talked to thought the perp | 那个出租车调度员认为 |
[08:49] | might be a private owner, someone who was still driving. | 罪犯可能是出租车个体户 还在载客 |
[08:53] | I’m beginning to think the killer is not a cab driver at all. | 我开始怀疑凶手根本不是出租车司机了 |
[08:56] | The attack happened when Galen Barrow | 盖伦·巴罗是在准备接班的时候 |
[08:58] | was beginning his shift. | 被袭击的 |
[08:59] | That’s a predictable time and place to find him. | 接班的时间地点都很明确 很容易找到他 |
[09:02] | The killer was driving a more than decade-old | 凶手开着一辆十几年前的旧出租车 |
[09:04] | retired cab– a vehicle whose presence | 这种车的出现 |
[09:06] | is far less likely if left to chance. | 绝非是偶然 |
[09:09] | So you think someone killed Barrow for another reason, | 你认为有人因其他动机而杀死巴罗 |
[09:12] | but then wanted it to look like it was an angry cab driver. | 但伪装成是愤怒的出租车司机所为 |
[09:15] | It’s a possibility I think we should at least explore. | 我们至少要查证这种可能性 |
[09:17] | If it’s true, it stands to reason that the killer | 如果查证属实 就有理由推断 |
[09:19] | acquired that vehicle expressly for the task, | 凶手是刻意使用这辆车来行凶 |
[09:22] | so you should refocus your search to identify | 所以你该将搜寻重心转移到 |
[09:24] | recently-sold cabs that match | 近期转卖的二手出租车上 |
[09:26] | the aforementioned make and years of production. | 找出符合之前说过的型号与生产年限的车辆 |
[09:29] | I’ll pull the sales records and let you know what I find. | 我会调出销售记录 查到就通知你 |
[09:33] | I’ll attempt to gather information about Mr. Barrow. | 我会设法收集巴罗先生的一切信息 |
[09:35] | We can meet later at the Brownstone to review it. | 我们稍后在褐石屋见面 再仔细研究下 |
[09:37] | Uh, what about Agatha? All that de-stressing? | 那阿加莎呢 舒缓压力那件事呢 |
[09:42] | I think a homicide takes precedence, don’t you? | 先解决谋杀案要紧 不是吗 |
[09:53] | Oh, you must be Agatha. | 你一定就是阿加莎了 |
[09:54] | And you must be Joan. | 那你一定是乔恩了 |
[09:56] | Oh, no, no, please, sit. | 不用起身 没事 |
[09:57] | I was hoping we’d cross paths at some point. | 我还希望我们能碰上一面 |
[09:59] | When Sherlock told me he’d exiled you | 但夏洛克告诉我 他为了我 |
[10:01] | on my account, I was mortified. | 将你赶出去 我很过意不去 |
[10:02] | If the Lutece is exile, I will take it. | 被赶到卢泰斯酒店 我毫无怨言 |
[10:05] | Anyway, he’s making up for it with the crème br?lée bill alone. | 单单那里的焦糖布丁就足以作为补偿了 |
[10:08] | But I promise you I will be out of your hair before you know it. | 但我保证 我绝不会妨碍你们 |
[10:10] | Oh… he’s made too much of that, I’m afraid. | 我觉得他有点夸张了 |
[10:14] | We’re not teenagers. | 我们可不是黏糊糊的青少年 |
[10:16] | At any rate, no need to rush. | 总之 你不用太着急 |
[10:18] | Sherlock’s too busy to socialize tonight– busy with the case. | 夏洛克今晚没时间”交流” 要处理案子 |
[10:21] | Is he here? | 他在家吗 |
[10:23] | He said he’d be in the office if I need him. | 他说我有需要 就去办公室找他 |
[10:25] | The office. | 办公室 |
[10:26] | The one downstairs in the basement? | 楼下地下室那间 |
[10:33] | Are you hiding? | 你在躲人吗 |
[10:35] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:36] | Are you hiding here in my office? | 你是躲在我的办公室 |
[10:38] | From Agatha. | 躲阿加莎 |
[10:41] | As you are well aware, | 相信你也清楚 |
[10:42] | I find changes in environment conducive to my process. | 转换坏境有助于我分析案情 |
[10:45] | And what reason could I possibly have for hiding from my own guest? | 再说我为什么要躲我自己邀请的客人呢 |
[10:48] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[10:50] | Adhering to my theory that Galen Barrow’s murder | 我坚持认为盖伦·巴罗的谋杀案 |
[10:52] | is not related to the Livery War of 2015, | 跟2015年私车和出租车撕逼大战无关 |
[10:55] | I began to look at other aspects of his life. | 我开始调查他生活的其他方面 |
[10:58] | As it turns out, | 结果发现 |
[10:59] | Internet journalist was his vocation of choice. | 他的职业曾是网络记者 |
[11:02] | Only started driving for Zooss a couple of months ago, | 只在几个月前才开始在宙司开车 |
[11:04] | probably to supplement the paltry sums | 写博客估计赚不了多少钱 |
[11:06] | he was paid for his blogs. What? | 开出租车来贴补生活 怎么了 |
[11:08] | You are totally hiding from her. | 你就是在躲她 |
[11:13] | Something happened this morning. | 今早发生了点事 |
[11:16] | Agatha made a rather… imposing request of me. | 阿加莎对我提出了一个重大要求 |
[11:21] | She wants to make it official. I knew it. | 她希望正式交往 我就知道 |
[11:23] | I knew it was only a matter of time | 我就知道那些女人中 |
[11:25] | before one of these women fell in love with you. | 有人会迟早爱上你 |
[11:26] | You cannot maintain multiple long-term physical relationships | 跟多个女人长期保持肉体关系 |
[11:29] | without one of them turning serious. | 她们中总会有人认真的 |
[11:31] | I don’t care how good you think you are at compartmentalizing… | 我不管你认为自己多擅长划清界限… |
[11:33] | Agatha is not in love with me. | 阿加莎没有爱上我 |
[11:36] | Oh. Then what’s the problem? | 那问题是什么 |
[11:40] | She’s asked for a donation. | 她想让我捐赠 |
[11:42] | What, to an environmental group? | 捐钱给环保组织吗 |
[11:44] | To her uterus. | 给她的子宫 |
[11:48] | She has asked for my… issue. | 她想要我的…那东西 |
[11:52] | She wants to have a baby with you? | 她想给你生孩子吗 |
[11:54] | She’s asked only for my genetic material. | 她想让我捐赠精子 |
[11:56] | Her expectation as to my involvement in the child’s life | 除此之外 她不期望我更多介入 |
[11:59] | would end there. | 孩子的生活了 |
[12:01] | What did you say? | 你怎么回答的 |
[12:03] | Do I exude the traits of fatherhood to you? | 你看我像是个当爸爸的人吗 |
[12:09] | Detective. | 警探 |
[12:10] | Well, that suggestion of yours paid off. | 你给的那个建议挺有用 |
[12:13] | We looked into recent sales of retired yellow cabs | 我们调查了最近卖出的报废黄色出租车 |
[12:15] | and found an ’03 Crown Vic that traded hands last week. | 发现一辆03款皇冠维克在上周交易过 |
[12:19] | A couple of detectives went to the buyer’s house | 两名警探去了买家地址调查 |
[12:20] | to check it out; guy told them it had been stolen. | 那人告诉他们车被偷了 |
[12:23] | And his reason for not reporting the theft? | 那他不报警的原因呢 |
[12:26] | They asked him the same question, | 他们问了他同样的问题 |
[12:27] | and he tried to bolt out the back door. | 他却试图从后门逃跑 |
[12:30] | They’re bringing him down to the station now. | 他们抓住了他 正把他带回警局 |
[12:34] | Gordon Meadows, I’m Detective Bell. | 高登·梅多斯 我是贝尔警探 |
[12:38] | This is Mr. Holmes, Ms. Watson. | 这两位是福尔摩斯先生和华生女士 |
[12:42] | We’ve just been informed | 我们刚了解到 |
[12:42] | that you’re a registered sex offender. | 你是一位有案底的性犯罪者 |
[12:45] | You were arrested for trading in child pornography in 2008. | 你在2008年因交易儿童色情物品而被捕 |
[12:48] | We’re curious. What’s your affiliation with Galen Barrow? | 我们很好奇 你与盖伦·巴罗是什么关系 |
[12:57] | Why’d you buy that taxi last week? | 你上周为什么要买那辆出租 |
[12:59] | It was too old to put into use. | 它已经老旧到没法用了 |
[13:02] | I needed a car. | 我需要一辆车 |
[13:05] | And the price was right. | 而且价格也不贵 |
[13:07] | And your reason for running from the police? | 那你逃离警方的理由呢 |
[13:12] | How long have you had that irritation on your skin? | 你脸上那伤痕有多久了 |
[13:15] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不 我不知道 |
[13:17] | It’s called airbag dermatitis. | 那叫做安全气囊皮肤炎 |
[13:20] | Usually clears up in a couple of days. | 通常情况下会在几天内消失 |
[13:22] | Which means that you were recently in the front of a car | 也就是说你最近坐在车的前排时 |
[13:24] | whose airbag deployed. | 车内安全气囊打开了 |
[13:26] | See, that’s interesting. | 你看 这就有意思了 |
[13:27] | Especially considering how Mr. Barrow died. | 尤其是考虑到巴罗先生是怎么死的 |
[13:30] | We’re also pretty sure | 我们还可以肯定 |
[13:31] | whoever killed him threw up at the scene. | 杀了他的人在现场吐了 |
[13:33] | We’re just waiting on the DNA. | 我们就等DNA结果了 |
[13:35] | Your DNA’s already on file. | 而你的DNA已经记录在案 |
[13:39] | So maybe it’s time you got out in front of this. | 所以不要再打马虎眼了 |
[13:45] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我是被逼的 |
[13:47] | To do what? | 做什么 |
[13:51] | All of it. | 所有这些 |
[13:53] | Buying the cab, driving it into that man. | 买出租车 撞向那个男的 |
[13:57] | They-they made me do it. | 他们逼我做的 |
[13:59] | I had to drink a half a bottle of gin | 我得喝下半瓶杜松子酒 |
[14:01] | just to work up the courage. | 才鼓起勇气 |
[14:03] | Are you saying you were coerced? | 你是说你被胁迫了吗 |
[14:08] | A few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[14:10] | I started going to… | 我开始去… |
[14:15] | …a schoolyard | 一个学校操场 |
[14:17] | in, uh, Washington Heights, | 就在华盛顿高地 |
[14:19] | somewhere where no one would recognize me. | 一个没人能认出我的地方 |
[14:22] | I swear, I-I didn’t do anything. | 我发誓 我没做任何事 |
[14:25] | I just… I just wanted to look. | 我只是 只是想看看 |
[14:29] | But it was still a violation of your parole. | 但依然违反了你的保释条例 |
[14:33] | I started getting texts. | 我开始收到短信 |
[14:36] | Photos of me | 我在学校的 |
[14:38] | at the school. | 照片 |
[14:40] | Someone was blackmailing you. | 有人在敲诈你 |
[14:41] | They said they wanted $5,000 or they would tell the police | 他们说要五千美元 不然就报警 |
[14:45] | what I was doing. | 揭发我的所作所为 |
[14:46] | I knew that I would go back to jail, | 我知道我肯定会回监狱 |
[14:50] | s-so I paid. | 所以我就付钱了 |
[14:53] | Everything was quiet for a while. | 一切平静了一阵子 |
[14:57] | Then, a few days ago, I get a new text. | 然后 几天前 我收到一个新短信 |
[15:01] | A picture of that poor man, Barrow, | 是那个可怜男人的照片 巴罗 |
[15:04] | with a bunch of instructions. | 还有一大堆指示 |
[15:07] | They were telling me where he would be, | 他们告诉我他会去哪 |
[15:09] | when he would be there. | 什么时候会去 |
[15:13] | That I had to use a cab. | 而且我必须用出租车 |
[15:18] | The cops who came to my house, | 来我家的那些警察 |
[15:19] | they have my phone. | 他们有我的手机 |
[15:21] | Look at it, please. | 去看看 求你们了 |
[15:24] | It’s all there. You’ll see. | 都在上边 你们看了就知道 |
[15:34] | I’ll have the phone brought up, | 我会把手机调来 |
[15:35] | but that guy seems pretty confident | 不过那男的似乎很确信 |
[15:36] | it’s gonna back his story. | 那能支持他的说法 |
[15:38] | Seems unlikely he would have preemptively fabricated evidence | 看起来他不可能提前准备好 |
[15:41] | of a blackmailing just in case he was arrested. | 被敲诈的证据以防被逮捕 |
[15:43] | So we might have caught the killer, | 所以我们也许抓到凶手了 |
[15:44] | but someone else wanted Barrow dead. | 但想要巴罗命的另有其人 |
[15:46] | He was just the weapon. | 他只是武器而已 |
[15:56] | Mrs. Guerrero, Galen Barrow was a regular writer | 格雷罗太太 盖伦·巴罗是你网站的 |
[15:59] | for your web site, wasn’t he? | 常驻写手 是不是 |
[16:00] | It’s such a shock for everybody here. | 我们大家都很震惊 |
[16:03] | We’re all still trying to get our heads around what happened. | 我们还在试图理清发生了什么 |
[16:06] | The news said it was a hit-and-run, | 新闻说是肇事逃逸 |
[16:08] | but now you think he was targeted? | 现在你却认为有人预谋杀他 |
[16:10] | There is evidence that supports that, yes. | 有证据说明是这样的 没错 |
[16:12] | We have the driver in custody. It looks like he was coerced. | 我们抓到了司机 但似乎他是胁迫的 |
[16:15] | Now, the person responsible sent instructions | 背后指使者运用一次性手机 |
[16:17] | using burner phones. | 传送指示 |
[16:18] | Those numbers are no longer in use. | 那些号码已经废弃了 |
[16:22] | Everyone liked Galen. | 所有人都喜欢盖伦 |
[16:24] | We didn’t know much about his personal life. | 我们不太了解他的私人生活 |
[16:27] | Mostly, our contributors work from home. | 我们大多数写手都在家工作 |
[16:30] | But it’s hard to imagine anyone wanting to hurt him. | 但很难想象有人想伤害他 |
[16:33] | Is it possible that his work here put him in harm’s way? | 有没有可能是他在这里的工作害了他 |
[16:36] | Perhaps during his research for an article, | 也许是在进行某篇文章的调查时 |
[16:38] | he witnessed something untoward. | 他看到了不该看的东西 |
[16:40] | Honestly, he would have loved that. | 说实话 他倒希望是那样 |
[16:43] | He was ambitious. | 他很有野心 |
[16:44] | He saw himself doing real investigative journalism one day. | 总是想有一天能当真正的记者去调查 |
[16:48] | Mostly what we had for him was gallery openings, | 我们这里大多数的都是画廊开展 |
[16:50] | city council meetings. | 市政府会议 |
[16:52] | His last piece was on craft beers. | 他最后一篇文章是精酿啤酒 |
[16:54] | If you wouldn’t mind, we’d like to review his recent work. | 如果你不介意 我想看看他最近的文章 |
[16:57] | Oh, of course. Anything I can do to help. | 当然可以 只要能帮上忙 |
[17:07] | Hmm, this might be something. | 这或许是条线索 |
[17:09] | A couple of months ago, Galen interviewed | 几个月前 盖伦采访了 |
[17:10] | a fashion designer named Bobby Alacqua. | 一位时尚设计师 叫波比·阿拉奎 |
[17:15] | Do not doubt my ability to multitask. | 不要怀疑我的多线程能力 |
[17:17] | Bobby Alacqua. Might be something. | 波比·阿拉奎 也许是条线索 |
[17:19] | Well, the interview was just a puff piece, | 访谈不过是为了宣传 |
[17:21] | but I recognized the name. | 但是我认得这名字 |
[17:22] | There was an arrest at his boutique last week. | 上周在他的时装店里进行过逮捕 |
[17:24] | One of his employees was trafficking cocaine | 他的一位员工在贩运可卡因 |
[17:26] | and using the store as a front. | 并用商店打掩护 |
[17:28] | So maybe Galen saw something he shouldn’t have. | 所以也许是盖伦看到了什么不该看的 |
[17:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:35] | So how’d it go here last night? | 你们昨晚进行得如何了 |
[17:37] | Agatha and I did not have sex, if that’s what you’re asking. | 我没和她上床 如果你是问这个的话 |
[17:40] | Did you talk more? | 你们谈过了吗 |
[17:41] | About me helping to create another human life? | 关于让我帮忙生育后代的话题吗 |
[17:43] | No, we did not. | 不 没有 |
[17:44] | -Is it really so… -Yes. | -真的那么难接受… -没错 |
[17:46] | -But I don’t… -What facet of my being would suggest | -但我不… -我身上哪一点 |
[17:48] | that I have any desire to reproduce, hmm? | 让你觉得我想要繁衍后代吗 |
[17:50] | Is it my optimistic outlook? | 是我乐观的性格 |
[17:52] | Or perhaps the nostalgic fuzzies | 还是我经常念叨的 |
[17:54] | that you hear me spouting about my own upbringing? | 追忆我自己的成长经历 |
[17:56] | Well, you’re reading about Agatha. | 你在读关于阿加莎的东西 |
[17:58] | She’s obviously on your mind. | 显然你在想着她 |
[17:59] | I’m attempting to understand what could have caused her | 我想弄清是什么原因 |
[18:01] | to so egregiously violate our sexual contract. | 让她突然之间违反了我们的性爱协议 |
[18:05] | Until last week, | 直到上周前 |
[18:06] | I hadn’t seen her for months. | 我已经好几个月没见过她了 |
[18:07] | So perhaps she had a brush with death | 所以可能是她最近险些丧命 |
[18:09] | or suffered a traumatic brain injury. | 或者脑部受到了创伤 |
[18:11] | So now you have to have brain damage to want a baby? | 现在只有脑袋受过伤的才会想要小孩吗 |
[18:13] | Your words. | 这可是你说的 |
[18:15] | Agatha’s what, 36? 37? | 阿加莎几岁 三十六七岁吗 |
[18:17] | If you intend to reduce this to some tired clock analogy… | 如果你是想把这个简单归结为年龄的关系 |
[18:20] | It’s a thing. It happens. | 这是个理由啊 很合理的 |
[18:21] | If that’s all this was, | 如果是这个原因的话 |
[18:23] | she could’ve gone to any number of banks for her spermatozoa. | 她大可以去求助各种精子银行 |
[18:26] | Instead, she turned to a confirmed misanthrope | 相反 她却来找一个 |
[18:28] | and recovering drug addict. | 正在戒毒的坚定遁世者 |
[18:30] | I ask you, Watson, who in their right mind | 我问你 华生 究竟哪个正常人 |
[18:32] | would favor my genetic material over… | 会想要我的遗传基因而不是… |
[18:36] | Yes? | 不是什么 |
[18:39] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[18:39] | You should look into that cocaine-et-couture shop you mentioned– | 你应该去查查那家贩毒兼服装店 |
[18:42] | sounds promising. | 这条线索挺靠谱 |
[18:42] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[18:44] | Calls to make. | 打几个电话 |
[18:45] | Personal matter. | 一点私事 |
[18:48] | Who dresses you, girl? | 谁给你打扮的 姑娘 |
[18:50] | I dress myself. | 我自己打扮 |
[18:51] | You ought to come work for me. | 你该来这里上班 |
[18:53] | You had an employee | 之前有个员工 |
[18:54] | who was arrested here for moving drugs in the store. | 因为在你店里贩卖毒品而被捕 |
[18:57] | Ricky was a good worker. Organized, self-starting. | 里基是个好员工 做事有条理又上进 |
[19:00] | If it wasn’t for the part about him dealing coke, | 要不是因为他贩毒 |
[19:01] | I’d have made him manager. | 我就让他当经理了 |
[19:03] | Anyway, I thought he cut a deal. | 不过我以为他已经接收警方的条件了 |
[19:04] | What else is there to talk about? | 还有什么好谈的呢 |
[19:06] | Actually, I was investigating a different crime, | 实际上 我在调查另外一起案件 |
[19:07] | but it might be related. | 但两者可能会有联系 |
[19:09] | There was a reporter named Galen Barrow who interviewed you | 有个叫盖伦·巴罗的记者 |
[19:11] | for this Web site called TownSoNice. | 代表美好都市网站采访过你 |
[19:14] | I remember. Cute. | 我记得 他挺帅的 |
[19:15] | Was there any chance that he was in contact with Ricky | 他当时有没有可能和里基 |
[19:17] | or any of Ricky’s associates while he was here? | 或者里基的同事有过接触 |
[19:19] | Nuh-uh. We didn’t meet here. | 不可能 我们不是在这儿见面的 |
[19:21] | I had some business uptown, so we met at a coffee shop | 我当时有事经过上城区 所以我们 |
[19:23] | across the street from his apartment. | 是在他公寓对面的咖啡店见面的 |
[19:25] | Uh, where uptown was this? | 上城区哪儿 |
[19:27] | First Avenue, in the 80s. I can look it up. | 第一大道 八十大街 我可以去查查 |
[19:30] | And you’re sure he said this was his apartment. | 你确定他说他的公寓就在那儿 |
[19:32] | That boy apologized about a thousand times | 那小伙子因为让我去他家附近见面 |
[19:34] | that he made me come to him; and when we wrapped it up, | 而道过无数次歉了 采访完之后 |
[19:36] | I saw him go into his building. Why? | 我还看到他走进了那栋公寓楼 怎么了 |
[19:45] | I received your texts. | 我收到你的短信了 |
[19:46] | You invited Ms. Guerrero in for questioning? | 你叫格雷罗女士来接受问询了 |
[19:48] | Galen interviewed Bobby Alacqua on the Upper East Side, | 盖伦是在上东区采访波比·阿拉奎的 |
[19:51] | across from a building that Galen said was his apartment. | 盖伦当时说他家就在街对面 |
[19:54] | But then I remembered he lived in Brooklyn. | 但我记得他应该住在布鲁克林 |
[19:56] | So you looked up the occupants, | 所以你查了一下住户信息 |
[19:57] | and you found the name Lydia Guerrero. | 发现那里是丽迪雅·格雷罗的 |
[19:59] | This morning, she said she barely knew him. | 今天早上 她还说她和他不太熟 |
[20:01] | Obviously, that wasn’t true. | 显然这不是真的 |
[20:03] | You think they were playing couch quail? | 你觉得他们暗通曲款吗 |
[20:06] | If that means having an affair, | 如果你说的是偷情的意思 |
[20:08] | yeah, we do. | 是的 我们是这么认为 |
[20:09] | So, Lydia’s married to a lawyer at a big corporate firm. | 丽迪雅的丈夫是大公司的律师 |
[20:12] | Compared to what she’s making at the Web site, | 相比于她在网站的工作 |
[20:13] | he’s definitely the breadwinner. | 显然是他丈夫赚得比较多 |
[20:15] | Leaves us with a couple possibilities. | 这留给了我们很多的可能性 |
[20:17] | Either the husband found out about the affair | 要么是丈夫发现了婚外情 |
[20:19] | and he arranged the hit on Galen; | 并计划了对盖伦的谋杀 |
[20:20] | or Galen threatened to expose the affair, | 或者是盖伦威胁要把事情曝光 |
[20:23] | and Lydia set up the hit. | 所以丽迪雅计划了谋杀 |
[20:25] | Either way, your visit to her this morning | 不管怎样 你们今早的拜访 |
[20:26] | must have rattled her, | 肯定吓着了她 |
[20:28] | because I didn’t invite her to come down here. | 因为我并没有叫她来这里 |
[20:31] | I was about to | 我正打算这么做的时候 |
[20:32] | when she called and she… asked to come in | 她联系了我 希望能同律师一起 |
[20:36] | with her attorney. | 来这里 |
[20:40] | I know I wasn’t… | 我知道我之前没有 |
[20:42] | completely forthcoming before. | 完全坦白 |
[20:45] | I talked to my lawyer, and she’s impressed upon me | 我和我的律师谈过了 她强烈要求 |
[20:47] | that I need to tell you what I know. | 我向你们说出全部实情 |
[20:50] | Well, by all means. | 请你务必配合 |
[20:51] | We are avid fans of civic duty here. | 我们都希望你能尽你的公民义务 |
[20:53] | But if you’re here to tell us | 如果你是来告诉我们 |
[20:54] | you were sleeping with Galen Barrow, we already had a hunch. | 你和盖伦有一腿的话 我们已经有所预感了 |
[20:58] | How… | 你们怎么… |
[20:59] | He was seen entering your apartment on First Avenue. | 有人看到他进入了你在第一大道的公寓楼 |
[21:03] | That isn’t your primary residence, is it? | 那不是你的主要住所 对吗 |
[21:06] | It belonged to my mother. | 那是我母亲的房子 |
[21:08] | When she passed, my husband and I kept it | 她去世以后 我和丈夫把房子留下 |
[21:10] | so we could have a place in the city. | 这样方便我们在市中心有处落脚 |
[21:12] | Was your husband aware that you were putting your pied-a-terre | 你丈夫知道你把你的临时居所 |
[21:14] | to such classic use? | 用于这种经典的用途吗 |
[21:16] | No, he never knew a thing. | 不 他毫不知情 |
[21:18] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[21:19] | Positive. | 确定 |
[21:21] | You said earlier | 你之前说过 |
[21:23] | that the man who killed Galen was coerced. | 杀死盖伦的凶手是被胁迫的 |
[21:26] | Coerced as in blackmailed? | 是因为被人敲诈吗 |
[21:28] | Because I was blackmailed, too. | 我也被人敲诈了 |
[21:30] | Funny, you didn’t mention that this morning. | 但是你今天早上并没有提到这件事 |
[21:32] | I was trying to protect my marriage. | 我只想保护我的婚姻 |
[21:34] | I was afraid. | 我很害怕 |
[21:36] | And I didn’t do the right thing at first. I’m sorry. | 一开始我没有做正确的事 我很抱歉 |
[21:39] | Why don’t you tell us about the blackmail. | 不如你讲一下被人敲诈的事吧 |
[21:42] | About six months ago, someone started sending | 大概六个月前 有人开始给我发 |
[21:46] | pictures of me and Galen outside the apartment. | 我和盖伦在公寓门口的照片 |
[21:49] | Then text messages came demanding money, | 然后我就收到短信让我给钱 |
[21:51] | instructions where to leave it. | 还说明了把钱放到哪里 |
[21:54] | Look and you’ll see. | 看了你就明白了 |
[21:55] | Did you comply with the demands? | 你按照要求去做了吗 |
[21:57] | Whoever it was, | 无论这个人是谁 |
[21:57] | I just wanted to pay them off and be done with it. | 我只想把钱给他 然后了结这件事 |
[22:00] | The wording is pretty similar to the ones we saw yesterday. | 用词习惯和我们昨天看到的差不多 |
[22:04] | Was Galen aware of the blackmail? | 盖伦知道你被敲诈的事吗 |
[22:07] | He hated that I was giving them money. | 他很生气我付了钱 |
[22:10] | I begged him to just drop it. | 我求他别再管这事了 |
[22:12] | But he investigated it anyway. | 可他还是去调查了 |
[22:14] | I thought I’d gotten through to him. | 我以为我已经说服他了 |
[22:16] | We had to break things off, he had to move on, but… | 我们不得不断了关系 忘记过去 但… |
[22:20] | then when you said that the man | 你说杀了他的那个人 |
[22:21] | who killed him was being blackmailed, too? | 也被敲诈了 |
[22:23] | I don’t think Galen let it go after all. | 我想盖伦没有放弃 |
[22:26] | Mrs. Guerrero, | 格雷罗太太 |
[22:27] | have you ever heard the name Gordon Meadows? | 你有没有听过高登·梅多斯这个名字 |
[22:31] | Your husband’s firm do any criminal work? | 你丈夫的公司会接罪犯的生意吗 |
[22:33] | Maybe Mr. Meadows is a client. | 或许梅多斯先生是他们的客户 |
[22:36] | I don’t think so, no. | 我没听说过 |
[22:39] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[22:43] | I’m sorry. Give us a moment. | 抱歉 稍等片刻 |
[22:45] | Joan? | 乔恩 |
[22:52] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[22:53] | Gordon Meadows’s phone. | 高登·梅多斯的手机 |
[22:55] | CCS already checked it out. | 鉴证科的人已经查过了 |
[22:56] | There was nothing on it that would help I.D. the blackmailer. | 里面没有什么能帮我们确认敲诈者身份的线索 |
[22:59] | Not directly, no. | 没有直接线索 |
[23:00] | But we seek a connection between Mr. Meadows | 可是能找出了梅多斯先生和格雷罗女士 |
[23:02] | and Ms. Guerrero, do we not? | 之间的联系 |
[23:03] | An explanation as to how someone was aware | 至于这个人是如何发现 |
[23:06] | of the transgressions of a sex offender | 一个性犯罪者违反了假释条例 |
[23:07] | and the dalliance of a cougar and her cub reporter. | 以及一位熟女和她的小情人的消息 |
[23:10] | And I believe I found one. | 我想我找到了答案 |
[23:12] | One that might also explain Galen Barrow’s decision | 这个答案可能也会解释为什么盖伦·巴罗 |
[23:15] | to become a part-time driver. | 要当一名兼职司机 |
[23:19] | Both the blackmail victims used Zooss. | 这两个被敲诈的人都用宙司的车 |
[23:30] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[23:32] | We don’t have the kind of information that you’re looking for. | 我们没有你们所需的信息 |
[23:35] | No? | 没有吗 |
[23:36] | Does not each of your users sign away his or her privacy | 客户在安装了你们应用的那一刻起 |
[23:39] | the moment they install your app? | 不就放弃了他们的隐私权吗 |
[23:42] | Have we not, every one one of us, volunteered | 我们每个人不都是自愿 |
[23:44] | to carry around the most sophisticated surveillance | 随身携带着有史以来最复杂的 |
[23:46] | and tracking device known to man? | 监视跟踪装置吗 |
[23:49] | Brandon, would you please fire up Olympus? | 布兰登 请把奥林匹斯打开 |
[23:54] | This is a bird’s-eye view of every car online in real time. | 这是所有在线汽车的实时鸟瞰画面 |
[23:59] | You call it “Olympus”? | 你们叫它”奥林匹斯”吗 |
[24:00] | It’s an inside joke. | 这是我们内部的调侃 |
[24:02] | View from the clouds, the logo– Greek mythology. | 云上的视角 那个标志 希腊神话 |
[24:05] | Oh, we get it. | 我们明白 |
[24:07] | I’m showing it to you to make a point. | 我向你们展示这个是想说 |
[24:09] | This is literally all the information | 这就是我们对用户 |
[24:11] | we have on our users. | 所掌握的所有信息 |
[24:13] | Where they are, where and when we pick them up, | 他们的位置 在何时何地上的车 |
[24:15] | where and when we drop them off– that’s it. | 何时何地下的车 就这些 |
[24:19] | “That’s it.” | “就这些” |
[24:20] | You’re describing your level of omniscience | 你所描述的全知全能程度 |
[24:21] | that’s traditionally ascribed to God and Father Christmas. | 一般只有上帝和圣诞老人才拥有 |
[24:25] | Mr. Frazer, we think | 弗雷泽先生 我们认为 |
[24:26] | someone in your company has been using | 你们公司有人利用这些数据 |
[24:27] | this data to find people with things to hide. | 找出那些藏有秘密的人 |
[24:30] | Cross-referencing users names, for example, | 比如在犯罪记录中查找 |
[24:33] | with criminal records | 你们客户的名字 |
[24:34] | to see who might be doing things they shouldn’t. | 然后找出那些做了不该做的事情的人 |
[24:36] | Figuring out who’s having affairs based on where they go, | 再比如根据他们的目的地 间隔时长和距离 |
[24:38] | what time and for how long. | 来判断他们是不是有了外遇 |
[24:40] | Two of your customers were blackmailed. | 你们的两名客户都被敲诈了 |
[24:42] | In both cases, there was a direct correlation | 这两起案子中 他们被敲诈的事 |
[24:44] | between their usage of Zooss and the activities | 和他们使用宙司的车 |
[24:47] | the blackmailer was able to use against them. | 有直接的联系 |
[24:49] | For argument’s sake, | 我要辩解一下 |
[24:51] | let’s say someone here could do what you’re saying. | 就算有人能做到你们所说的这些事 |
[24:53] | No one would. | 但没人会去做的 |
[24:54] | He’d be an idiot. | 除非他是傻子 |
[24:55] | Once you last a year here, you vest, you get stock options. | 在这里做满一年后 就有了优先认股权 |
[24:59] | 85% of our employees are paper millionaires. | 我们百分之八十五的员工都有上百万的股票 |
[25:01] | Nickel-and-dime extortion makes no sense. | 为了那么点钱去敲诈完全不合情理 |
[25:04] | “We are Big Brother incarnate, | “我们是专制的化身 |
[25:06] | but trust us because our motives are purely financial.” | 不过要相信我们 因为我们只是为了赚钱” |
[25:09] | Whether you believe | 无论你们相不相信 |
[25:10] | someone did it or not, we have that subpoena. | 有人这么做了 我们现在有传票 |
[25:12] | We’d like your employee records and data. | 我们需要查看你们的员工记录和数据 |
[25:16] | All due respect, this has got a pretty broad reach. | 恕我直言 这事影响很大 |
[25:20] | I’d like our lawyers to take a look at it first. | 我得让我们的律师先看一下 |
[25:22] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[25:23] | They might contest the invasion of privacy as being too ironic. | 他们可能会质疑这根本不是侵犯隐私 太讽刺了 |
[25:26] | You want to drag your feet on this, feel free. | 你们想搅进来的话 请随意 |
[25:29] | Just keep in mind, | 不过别忘了 |
[25:30] | this investigation could be handled quietly, | 这事可以悄无声息地进行 |
[25:32] | or it could show up on the evening news. | 也可以闹得人尽皆知 |
[25:34] | I don’t know what that would do | 我不清楚这会对你的优先认购权 |
[25:34] | to your stock options, but it’s your call. | 有什么影响 不过决定权在你 |
[25:41] | Brandon, could you please get these folks everything they need? | 布兰登 把他们想要的文件都给他们 |
[25:47] | It says, if we follow the same traject… | 上面说 如果我们走同样的航道 |
[25:50] | Agatha? | 阿加莎 |
[25:51] | Sherlock. These two gentlemen… | 夏洛克 这两位先生… |
[25:53] | More potential donors? | 又有潜在捐赠者了 |
[25:54] | If she’s asked you to fetch mettle, gentlemen, | 如果她让你们进行自慰 先生们 |
[25:56] | I advise against it. | 我建议你们不要那么做 |
[25:57] | Her motives are impure. | 她的动机并不纯 |
[25:58] | Could you give us a moment? | 我们失陪一下 |
[26:01] | What the hell are you doing? | 你这是在干什么 |
[26:03] | You really think I wouldn’t realize? | 你真的以为我意识不到 |
[26:04] | Realize what? | 意识到什么 |
[26:05] | You’ve entered into another arrangement with my father. | 你和我父亲的又一桩交易 |
[26:08] | Only this time, instead of approving a land deal, | 只不过这次不是想获取一份土地交易 |
[26:10] | you’re expected to produce an heir. | 你想创造一名继承人 |
[26:12] | I know that his foundation has funded | 我知道他的基金会资助 |
[26:14] | your research through 2023. | 你的研究直到2023年 |
[26:16] | That’s quite a commitment. | 这是很难得的承诺 |
[26:17] | Only, I think you could have done better. | 只不过我觉得你会做得更好 |
[26:18] | It’s going to take a lot longer to raise our love child. | 养育我们亲爱的孩子要花很长时间 |
[26:21] | I think you’re confusing correlation with causation. | 我觉得你把相互关系和因果联系搞混了 |
[26:23] | And I think you’re confusing procreation with masturbation. | 而我觉得你把生殖和自慰搞混了 |
[26:26] | Father is thinking of himself and no one else. | 父亲只能想到他自己 没有别人 |
[26:28] | I represent the end of the Holmes line, | 我就是福尔摩斯家血脉的终点 |
[26:30] | and that just won’t do. | 而父亲就是不能接受 |
[26:31] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[26:32] | The idea did originate with your father, | 这主意确实是你父亲想出的 |
[26:35] | but there’s no quid pro quo. | 但这并不是等价交换补偿 |
[26:37] | The funding has been guaranteed. | 投资资金已经被批准了 |
[26:39] | Do you honestly imagine his lawyers won’t be able | 你真的以为他的律师们就不能 |
[26:41] | to bind up that generous request | 在这个慷慨大方的合约里 |
[26:42] | behind some trumped up technicality? | 隐藏一些猫腻了吗 |
[26:44] | My research is a good investment, | 我的研究是一项很好的投资 |
[26:45] | even for him. | 即使对他来说 |
[26:46] | You don’t know him the way I do. | 你并不像我一样了解他 |
[26:47] | I know you. | 我了解你 |
[26:51] | I have been thinking about a baby for almost two years now. | 我早在两年前就考虑过要个宝宝了 |
[26:54] | I realized at a certain point that while I did not want the fuss of a marriage, | 而且我意识到 虽然我不想要婚姻的各种混乱 |
[26:57] | I did want to be a mother. | 但我确实想做个母亲 |
[26:59] | I hadn’t planned beyond that. | 我没细想过之后会怎样 |
[27:01] | I was just glad to have made the decision. | 但我很高兴做了这个决定 |
[27:03] | And then, quite coincidentally, | 然后 很巧合的 |
[27:05] | I happened to run into your father. | 我遇见了你的父亲 |
[27:07] | I’m surprised he didn’t offer to seed you himself. | 我很惊讶他竟然没给你提供他的精子 |
[27:09] | He got me thinking. | 他的话让我开始思考 |
[27:10] | And the more I thought about it, | 我越想越觉得 |
[27:13] | you are, without question, | 你 毫无疑问 |
[27:14] | the most remarkable man I’ve ever known. | 是我认识的最超凡脱俗的人 |
[27:17] | You’re brilliant, strong. | 你聪明 健壮 |
[27:19] | You’ve made a career out of helping people. | 你整个事业都是在帮助别人 |
[27:21] | There should be more of you in the world. | 这个世界上应该有更多的你存在 |
[27:25] | You think I’m being selfish– | 你认为我的考虑很自私 |
[27:27] | this urge to create a new human life, | 有股想要创造新生命的冲动 |
[27:29] | one that’s a part of me. | 创造属于我的一部分 |
[27:31] | But you’re being selfish, too. | 但是你也是很自私 |
[27:33] | You have these gifts, Sherlock, these goodness. | 你拥有这些天赋 夏洛克 这些优点 |
[27:37] | So share them. | 分享它们 |
[27:39] | See what happens. | 看看会发生什么 |
[27:40] | Might not be as wretched as you think. | 也许并没你想像的那么糟糕 |
[27:50] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[27:52] | I know you’re territorial about this setup. | 我知道你说过这里是你的地盘 |
[27:53] | I know you don’t like me to touch it. | 我知道你不喜欢我碰它 |
[27:54] | A judgment you have repeatedly validated. | 可是你依然一再违反 |
[27:56] | I was just trying to hook up the Olympus data | 我只是想从宙司接上奥林匹斯的数据 |
[27:58] | from Zooss, but it doesn’t look like we have the right wiring. | 但好像我们的数据线不太对 |
[28:03] | Come on. | 我来 |
[28:06] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[28:12] | What about the personnel files they turned over? | 他们送来的人事档案呢 |
[28:14] | Have the police found anything? | 警察找到有用的信息了吗 |
[28:15] | Well, no one has a record, if that’s what you mean. | 大家都没有犯罪记录 如果你是指这个 |
[28:17] | That’s why I wanted to look at the Olympus records. | 所以我才想看看奥林匹斯的记录 |
[28:19] | I thought maybe we could trace Gordon Meadows | 我想也许我们能够追踪到高登·梅多斯 |
[28:22] | and Lydia Guerrero’s moves the last few months. | 和丽迪雅·格雷罗近几个月的行踪 |
[28:24] | See which employees logged on at what times. | 看看各个员工的登陆时间 |
[28:29] | So, how did it go with Agatha? | 那么 你和阿加莎怎么样了 |
[28:30] | Oh, I was right. My father is the instigator. | 我是对的 是我父亲教唆的 |
[28:33] | Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. | 很抱歉听到这个 |
[28:36] | Do you plan to reproduce? | 你计划要生育吗 |
[28:38] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[28:39] | Are you going to procreate at some point? | 你打算在将来生孩子吗 |
[28:41] | I don’t know. I mean, I think about it sometimes. | 我不知道 我是说 我有时会考虑 |
[28:43] | I don’t… Why? | 我不… 为什么 |
[28:48] | How did you do…? | 你是怎么做到… |
[28:49] | Don’t be ashamed. We can sign you up | 不要觉得惭愧 我们可以去老年中心 |
[28:50] | for a remedial course at a senior center. | 给你报个补救课程 |
[28:56] | Marcus. He says he just got a call from a woman | 是马库斯 他说他刚刚接到一个女人的电话 |
[28:58] | whose brother was a programmer at Zooss. | 她哥哥曾是宙司的编程员 |
[29:00] | Right up until… he was murdered last month. | 一直到 他上个月被杀了 |
[29:08] | I recognized him when I saw the news. | 我从新闻上认出了他 |
[29:11] | He came to see me after what happened to Patrick. | 他来看过我 就在帕特里克出事之后 |
[29:16] | And he questioned you? | 他询问了你吗 |
[29:18] | I didn’t know he was a driver for the company. | 我不知道他是公司的司机 |
[29:20] | He said he was a reporter. | 他说他是个记者 |
[29:22] | He was both. | 他两者都是 |
[29:23] | We believe he started driving | 我们认为他开始当司机 |
[29:24] | because he was digging into Zooss. | 是因为他正在挖掘宙斯的消息 |
[29:26] | What did he want to know? | 他想要知道什么 |
[29:28] | Mostly about Patrick’s job, | 主要是关于帕特里克的工作 |
[29:30] | like if I knew about any problems Patrick had at work. | 比如我知不知道帕特里克工作上有麻烦 |
[29:35] | I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[29:36] | Your brother’s case is unsolved. | 你哥哥的案子还没破 |
[29:38] | The detective wrote that it was a robbery gone wrong. | 警探在这上面写着是抢劫失控了 |
[29:41] | Did you think it was more than that? | 你认为事情不止如此吗 |
[29:42] | Not until today. | 今天之前都没有 |
[29:44] | Somebody attacked him outside of his apartment, | 有人在他的公寓外面袭击了他 |
[29:47] | stole his wallet. | 偷走了他的钱包 |
[29:48] | They had a pipe. | 他们拿着管子 |
[29:52] | We thought that he was gonna pull through, | 我们认为如果有人能早点发现他 |
[29:54] | maybe if someone had found him sooner. | 他也许就能活下来 |
[29:59] | Oh, he was in the hospital for a few days. | 他在医院里面待了几天 |
[30:01] | Were you able to talk to him before he passed? | 在他去世之前你和他谈过吗 |
[30:04] | They had him in a medically-induced coma. | 他陷入了由药物引起的昏迷 |
[30:07] | There were complications. | 当时还有并发症 |
[30:09] | He never woke up. | 他一直没醒过来 |
[30:12] | We thought it was | 我们以为 |
[30:14] | like the cop said– a mugging– | 就像警察所说的 是抢劫案 |
[30:16] | but when I saw this guy was killed, I just… | 但是当我看到这个男人被杀了 我就 |
[30:19] | I thought I should say something. | 我觉得我应该站出来说点什么 |
[30:20] | It seemed like too big a coincidence. | 这看上去巧合太多了 |
[30:23] | Now, uh, it’s possible that Patrick detected | 那么有没有可能帕特里克察觉到了 |
[30:26] | the presence of a blackmailer inside Zooss. | 宙司公司里面存在一个敲诈者 |
[30:30] | That’s why he was targeted. | 那才是他被杀的原因 |
[30:32] | It would be very, very helpful for us | 如果我们能够看看他的电脑 |
[30:33] | if we could look at his cell phone and his computer. | 和手机的话 对我们会很有帮助 |
[30:35] | Do you still have those? | 你还保留着那些东西吗 |
[30:37] | All his stuff is still at his place in Cobble Hill. | 他所有的东西都还在卵石山的家里 |
[30:40] | I’ve been meaning to go back there. | 我一直都想去那里的 |
[30:42] | It’s just, | 只是 |
[30:44] | that’s where it happened, out front. | 那里就是事发地 |
[30:46] | It’s been hard… going back. | 回到那里 真的很困难 |
[30:49] | Yeah, yeah. Perhaps we could go for you. | 没错 也许我们能够替你过去 |
[30:54] | I mean, the longest conversation that he and I ever had was | 我和他最久的一次聊天 |
[30:56] | probably when he interviewed to take the room. | 也许就是他来租房时的谈话 |
[30:59] | Um… when he wasn’t working, | 在他不工作的时候 |
[31:01] | he was just watching basketball. | 他就看篮球赛 |
[31:03] | Like, 24/7. | 没日没夜地看 |
[31:25] | I don’t think the murders of Patrick Kemp and Galen Barrow | 我不认为帕特里克·肯普和丽迪雅·格雷罗 |
[31:28] | are related after all. | 两人的谋杀案有关 |
[31:30] | That was fast. | 结论够快的 |
[31:32] | Given the nature of Kemp’s wounds, | 根据肯普伤口的情况 |
[31:34] | I’m sure you concurred, as did I, | 我很确定你跟我一样 |
[31:38] | with the NYPD’s initial assessment. | 同意纽约警察局一开始的判断 |
[31:41] | It was not an intentional murder. | 这不是桩蓄意谋杀 |
[31:44] | With a little more luck, he might have survived. | 他运气要是好点儿也许就不会死了 |
[31:48] | Now I think we know why. | 我想我们知道原因了 |
[31:53] | Sports almanacs? | 体育年鉴 |
[31:54] | I’d wager– pun intended– | 我敢打赌 双关哦 |
[31:58] | that Patrick Kemp was attacked over gambling debts. | 帕特里克·肯普遇袭是因为欠了赌债 |
[32:01] | I’m not getting a very sporty vibe here. | 这儿可没什么体育氛围 |
[32:03] | Precisely. | 没错 |
[32:04] | His roommate said he was obsessed with basketball, | 他室友说他痴迷篮球 |
[32:08] | but there’s not a whiff of fandom in here. | 可这儿一点儿体育迷的影子都没有 |
[32:11] | He’s a collector of statistical almanacs and team schedules, | 他收集统计学年鉴和球队行程 |
[32:14] | spreadsheets of games won and lost. | 绘制球赛战况电子表 |
[32:17] | But there’s not so much as a T-shirt with a team logo on it. | 却连一件印有球队标识的T恤都没有 |
[32:21] | No, it seems that his interest was purely financial. | 没有 看来他的兴趣只是金钱方面 |
[32:24] | Well, maybe he just preferred shirts with collars. | 也许他只喜欢立领衬衫 |
[32:27] | If I’m wrong, where is his guitar? | 如果我说错了 那他的吉他在哪 |
[32:29] | Where are any of the creature comforts that you might expect | 一个步步高升的年轻程序员 |
[32:31] | an upwardly mobile young programmer to acquire? | 从哪儿获得他应有的人生乐趣呢 |
[32:34] | I submit that he’s pawned them all | 我认为他为了一个最终并不成功的尝试 |
[32:37] | in an ultimately unsuccessful attempt… | 把那些都当了 |
[32:39] | to keep up with the vig… | 好还高利贷 |
[32:42] | and perhaps buy an unusual amount of burner phones. | 以及买异常多的一次性手机 |
[32:46] | Actually, that makes sense. | 那倒说得通了 |
[32:47] | I think you’re right. | 我想你是对的 |
[32:52] | Patrick Kemp wasn’t killed by the blackmailer at Zooss. | 帕特里克·肯普不是宙司的敲诈犯杀的 |
[32:54] | He was the blackmailer at Zooss. | 他就是宙司内部的敲诈犯 |
[32:58] | Kemp died over a month ago. | 肯普是一个月前死的 |
[33:00] | Galen Barrow died three nights ago. | 而盖伦·巴罗是三天前的晚上死的 |
[33:01] | If Kemp was the blackmailer, | 肯普若是敲诈犯 |
[33:03] | who had Barrow killed? | 是谁杀了巴罗 |
[33:18] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[33:19] | Up here! | 楼上呢 |
[33:32] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么 |
[33:33] | The view from Olympus. | 奥林匹斯上的景象 |
[33:35] | Or views, rather. | 很多份 |
[33:36] | This is from last Monday, | 这是上周一的 |
[33:38] | Tuesday, Wednesday, | 周二 周三 |
[33:39] | so on and so forth. | 以此类推 |
[33:40] | But we only asked for this data | 可我们要这些资料 |
[33:41] | so we could help identify the blackmailer. | 是为了找出敲诈犯 |
[33:44] | We already know it’s Patrick Kemp. | 我们已经知道是帕特里克·肯普了 |
[33:46] | The same Patrick Kemp | 这个帕特里克·肯普 |
[33:47] | who died four weeks before Galen Barrow was murdered. | 在盖伦·巴罗遇害四周前就被杀了 |
[33:52] | We know that Barrow sought to undo a blackmailer at Zooss, | 我们知道巴罗想要揪出宙司的敲诈犯 |
[33:55] | but it occurred to me, | 但我忽然想到 |
[33:57] | what if he’d stumbled across some other secret along the way? | 假如他在调查过程中发现了其他秘密呢 |
[34:01] | I thought that tracing his movements might point us | 我认为弄清他的行踪也许可以 |
[34:02] | in the direction of the orchestrator of his murder. | 引出他那件谋杀案的幕后真凶 |
[34:05] | You think he was getting too close to someone else? | 你觉得他和某人走得太近了吗 |
[34:08] | Someone who knew about Kemp’s activities. | 某个知道肯普行为的人 |
[34:10] | Someone who also had something to lose. | 某个会因此而失去什么的人 |
[34:12] | The cars are moving so fast — did you accelerate the feed? | 车移动得好快啊 你快进了吗 |
[34:15] | What better way to trace the movements | 还有更好的办法能追踪 |
[34:16] | of several thousand Zooss users over several months? | 过去几个月里上千个宙司用户行踪吗 |
[34:19] | Wait. You watched everything they gave us in one night? | 等下 你一夜看完了他们给的全部资料 |
[34:22] | As you can see, I’m almost entirely caught up. | 如你所见 我马上就要看完了 |
[34:25] | What happened to just studying Galen’s movements? | 不是只研究盖伦的行踪吗 |
[34:27] | I defy you to look at the city from this vantage point | 我鄙视你以如此有利的视角看这座城市 |
[34:31] | and not discern certain patterns. | 却没看出蛛丝马迹 |
[34:33] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[34:36] | Bryce Newsome — he is a scoundrel. | 布莱斯·纽瑟姆 他是个混蛋 |
[34:39] | Quite prone to one-night stands. | 超爱搞一夜情 |
[34:41] | There is hope, however, | 但也不是没救了 |
[34:41] | ’cause he’s taken to seeing a therapist every Tuesday night at 7:00. | 他每周二晚七点都去看心理医生 |
[34:44] | Leon Kennard, ad executive. | 列昂·肯纳德 广告经理 |
[34:47] | He requires a change of scenery. | 他需要换个环境 |
[34:49] | Why else would he be paying visits | 不然他为什么总在下班后 |
[34:50] | to his company’s competitors during his off hours? | 拜访他公司的竞争对手 |
[34:53] | April Lindgren. | 艾普利·林格伦 |
[34:54] | Her comings and goings are the very definition of predictable, | 她的行踪非常容易预测 |
[34:57] | or at least they were until several weeks ago. | 至少几周前是这样 |
[34:59] | Her son has been diagnosed with some form of cancer — leukemia, | 她儿子被诊断出罹患癌症 血癌 |
[35:02] | judging by the experts she’s conferred. | 据她咨询的专家所说如此 |
[35:04] | She’s been spending the bulk of her time at the hospital. | 她大部分时间都待在医院 |
[35:06] | Although she did pay a recent visit to a funeral home… | 不过最近她去了一趟殡仪馆 |
[35:10] | presumably to make arrangements. | 许是去安排后事的 |
[35:13] | Why did you just put yourself through all this? | 你何必非要看这些 |
[35:17] | Actually, I didn’t intend to, but… | 其实我没打算看 不过 |
[35:19] | once I started… | 我一开始就… |
[35:21] | Okay, say you’re right. | 好吧 就当你是对的 |
[35:23] | The person who killed Galen Barrow had something to lose. | 杀害盖伦·巴罗的人怕失去什么 |
[35:25] | Maybe someone at Zooss figured out he was poking around | 也许宙司有人发现他在四处打探 |
[35:28] | and had Galen killed to protect the company. | 就杀了盖伦来保护公司 |
[35:37] | Like I was saying… | 正如我所说 |
[35:38] | if you think that someone from Zooss | 如果你认为宙司有人 |
[35:39] | is behind Galen Barrow’s murder, you’re right. | 策划了盖伦·巴罗的谋杀 你是对的 |
[35:42] | But you’re wrong — it’s not to do with protecting the company. | 但你却错了 杀人不是为了保护公司 |
[35:46] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[35:47] | Olympus. | 奥林匹斯 |
[35:48] | It gave me the answers that we seek several hours ago. | 它几个小时前就给出了我们要找的答案 |
[35:51] | I know who the killer is. | 我知道凶手是谁 |
[35:53] | We’re going to see him this morning. | 我们上午就去见他 |
[36:04] | My assistant just told me you were here. | 我的助手刚告诉我你们在这 |
[36:06] | She said you have more questions. | 说你们还有别的问题 |
[36:08] | Mr. Falchek, have a seat. | 费尔查克先生 请坐 |
[36:09] | Should I get Eric and the others? | 要我叫上埃里克和别人吗 |
[36:11] | No, no. We’ll be speaking with them presently. | 不不 我们过会儿再找他们 |
[36:13] | Does the name Felice Armistead mean anything to you? | 菲利斯·阿米斯德这名字你听过吗 |
[36:16] | No. Why would it? | 没有 为什么这么问 |
[36:18] | She’s a Zooss user. | 她是宙司用户 |
[36:20] | Has been since September 2013. | 从2013年9月开始用的 |
[36:24] | I’m confused. | 我不懂 |
[36:24] | Is this the person you think killed Galen? | 你们认为是这个人杀了盖伦吗 |
[36:27] | No. It’s the person we think he was killed over. | 不 我们认为他是因为这个人而死的 |
[36:30] | As a customer, | 作为客户 |
[36:31] | I’d classify her usage as mundane. | 我觉得她平凡无奇 |
[36:35] | Her pickups and drop-offs were almost exclusively | 她上下车的地方几乎从来都是 |
[36:38] | from her home or her office. | 住处和办公室 |
[36:42] | She utilized your cars to frequent | 她用你们的车频繁出入 |
[36:44] | a number of, you know, bars and restaurants, | 许多酒吧和饭店 |
[36:47] | as well as a fairly tight circle of… friends and family. | 以及关系密切的一众朋友和家人的住处 |
[36:53] | Then one day, | 然后有一天 |
[36:55] | a deviation. | 她偏离了轨道 |
[36:57] | She used one of your vehicles to visit a police station. | 她用一辆你们的车去了趟警察局 |
[37:02] | Would it interest you to know | 你会想知道 |
[37:03] | that of all the Zooss users in Manhattan, | 曼哈顿所有使用宙司的用户中 |
[37:05] | only 36 people have used your cars to go | 近半年内只有三十六人曾用你们的车 |
[37:07] | to or from a police station in the last six months? | 前往或离开警局 |
[37:10] | The average citizen pays a visit | 通常人们一辈子 |
[37:11] | to a precinct once in a lifetime. Hmm? | 只会去一次警局 对吧 |
[37:15] | They are places to be avoided. | 大家都不想去那儿 |
[37:16] | So these individuals stood out like 36 sore thumbs. | 所以这三十六个人显得鹤立鸡群 |
[37:19] | As it turns out, 19 of them | 调查后我们发现 其中十九人 |
[37:21] | work in and around the department. | 在警局或其附近工作 |
[37:23] | Cops, attorneys, administrators. | 警察 律师 或是行政人员 |
[37:26] | Ten were witnesses who were asked to give a statement, | 十人是前去录口供的目击证人 |
[37:28] | and the remaining seven went there to report a crime. | 而剩下七人则是去那里报案的 |
[37:31] | Ms. Armistead was one of those seven. | 阿米斯德女士就是那七人之一 |
[37:33] | She told a detective about some disturbing e-mails she’d been receiving — | 她告诉一位警探曾收到一些骚扰邮件 |
[37:37] | some creep with an anonymous server kept sending her messages. | 有个变态总是用匿名服务器给她发消息 |
[37:42] | “I’m watching you.” | 我盯着你呢 |
[37:43] | “I know what you’re wearing.” | 我知道你穿的什么 |
[37:45] | “I know who you’re with.” | 我知道你和谁在一起 |
[37:46] | Many of the e-mails | 很多邮件比这个 |
[37:47] | were a lot more explicit than that, | 说得更详细 |
[37:48] | but that’s neither here nor there. | 但这都不重要 |
[37:49] | The point is, she was being stalked– | 关键是 她被人跟踪了 |
[37:51] | stalked by someone who always seemed to know | 而这人似乎总是知道 |
[37:54] | exactly where she was. | 她身在何处 |
[37:56] | And you’re telling me this because…? | 你们跟我说这些是因为… |
[37:58] | One night, her stalker got brave enough to break into her house. | 有天晚上 跟踪她的人胆子大了直接闯入她家 |
[38:02] | He was picking through her drawers when she surprised him. | 当她突然出现时 他正在翻抽屉 |
[38:05] | There was a struggle. | 两人发生了争斗 |
[38:06] | He broke her cheekbone before he got away. | 他逃跑前打裂了她的颧骨 |
[38:08] | The next day, | 第二天 |
[38:09] | she took a Zooss car to go and stay | 她坐宙司的车搬去韦斯切斯特 |
[38:11] | with her parents in Westchester. | 和她父母住 |
[38:13] | Obviously, she failed to understand | 显然 她并不知道 |
[38:15] | that her stalker had been using Olympus | 跟踪她的人一直在用奥林匹斯 |
[38:16] | to watch her all along. | 监视她 |
[38:18] | Now, we found records that indicate | 现在 我们找到证据表明 |
[38:20] | you cut off Patrick Kemp’s access to Olympus | 你七周前封锁了帕特里克·肯普访问 |
[38:24] | seven weeks ago. | 奥林匹斯的权限 |
[38:25] | Probably because you realized | 也许是因为你得知 |
[38:26] | he was blackmailing people– you kept it quiet. | 他在敲诈别人 你并没声张 |
[38:29] | If you hadn’t, you could’ve brought the whole company down. | 不然的话 公司将名誉扫地 |
[38:32] | Not that we think you did what you did | 但我们不觉得你这么做 |
[38:33] | to protect your shares at the company. No. | 是为了保护你在公司的股份 不是 |
[38:36] | You did it to protect your favorite peephole | 你这么做是想保护你自己 |
[38:38] | into the life of your favorite prey. | 偷窥别人生活的绝佳窗口 |
[38:41] | I wondered when and where you first laid eyes | 我好奇你是何时何地第一次注意到 |
[38:43] | on Miss Armistead, | 阿米斯德小姐的 |
[38:44] | so I attempted to track your movements | 于是我试着查看近几个月 |
[38:47] | using Olympus over the last several months. | 你使用奥林匹斯的记录 |
[38:50] | Turns out, you don’t partake of your own company’s service. | 原来 你并不用自己公司的服务 |
[38:54] | Wonder why. | 真令人费解 |
[38:56] | I want a lawyer. | 我要请律师 |
[38:57] | That’s fine. | 没问题 |
[38:59] | He can join us for the lineup | 他可以陪同我们观摩 |
[39:00] | you’re gonna be in at the station. | 你在警局接受证人的指认 |
[39:03] | Miss Armistead didn’t get a very good look at you that night, | 阿米斯德小姐那晚没能看得很清楚 |
[39:05] | but her description was enough to make me think of you. | 但她的描述已经足以让我想到你了 |
[39:09] | I predict she’ll have | 我猜她不费功夫 |
[39:09] | little trouble picking you out. | 就能把你指认出来 |
[39:26] | I assume, since you asked to meet me here | 我想既然你约我来这见面 |
[39:28] | rather than a room downstairs, | 而不是楼下的房间 |
[39:29] | you’ve decided not to impregnate me. | 你已经决定不帮我受孕了 |
[39:33] | At least, the old-fashioned way. | 至少不是以最传统的方式 |
[39:48] | It’s okay, Sherlock. | 没关系 夏洛克 |
[39:51] | The things I said yesterday– | 昨天我说的话 |
[39:52] | I put too much pressure on you. | 我给你太多压力了 |
[39:55] | You made some good points. | 有几点你说得很对 |
[39:57] | Not enough to sway you though. | 但不足以动摇你的决定 |
[40:01] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[40:03] | I am… remarkable. | 我…超凡脱俗 |
[40:09] | That’s precisely why I can’t help you. | 但正因此我不能帮你 |
[40:12] | What does you being amazing have to do… | 你很出色跟这个有什么… |
[40:13] | No, no, no. I didn’t say I was “Amazing.” | 不不 我没说我很出色 |
[40:15] | I said I was “Remarkable.” | 我说的是超凡脱俗 |
[40:21] | The things that I do, | 我所做的事 |
[40:22] | the things that you care about, um… | 那些你认同的事 |
[40:26] | you think that I do them ’cause I’m a good person. | 你以为我做那些是因为我是好人 |
[40:30] | I do them ’cause it would hurt too much not to. | 但其实是因为不做我就太难受了 |
[40:34] | Because you’re a good person. | 因为你是个好人 |
[40:37] | No, it hurts, Agatha. | 不 太难受了 阿加莎 |
[40:41] | All this. | 这一切 |
[40:44] | Everything I see, | 我的一切所见 |
[40:46] | everything I hear, touch, smell. | 所听 所感 所闻 |
[40:50] | The conclusions that I’m able to draw. | 我能得出的结论 |
[40:53] | The things that are revealed to me. | 这些揭示给我的事 |
[40:56] | The ugliness. | 所有丑恶 |
[41:01] | My work focuses me. | 我的工作让我专注 |
[41:05] | It helps. | 于我有益 |
[41:09] | You say that I’m using my gifts. | 你说我在利用我的天赋 |
[41:12] | I say I’m just treating them. | 我觉得我只是在接受它们 |
[41:18] | So I cannot, in good conscience, | 所以 理智告诉我 |
[41:22] | pass all of that on to someone else. | 我不能把这些传给别人 |
[41:27] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:47] | So did Agatha really decide to go home one day early, | 阿加莎最终决定提前一天回家了 |
[41:49] | or did you just not want to pay for another night | 还是你不想帮她多付一天卢泰斯酒店的 |
[41:51] | at Lutece? | 房钱了 |
[41:53] | The bearskin rug is gone. | 我把熊皮地毯收起来了 |
[41:54] | It is now safe to move about the Brownstone. | 现在可以在褐石屋自如走动了 |
[41:57] | Well, I’m sorry things didn’t work out between you two. | 很遗憾你们俩的事没能如愿 |
[42:00] | No, you can’t be sorry because there was nothing to work out. | 不 你不用遗憾 因为没什么要如愿 |
[42:01] | And there was nothing to work out | 而没什么要如愿 |
[42:02] | because there’s nothing between us. | 是因为我们之间什么都没有 |
[42:06] | I was just taking advantage of her absence | 我只是趁她离开了 |
[42:08] | to dig through some cold cases. | 翻查些旧案 |
[42:10] | Well… you want company? | 那…需要人陪吗 |
[42:12] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[42:17] | How about some ice cream? | 要不来点冰淇淋 |
[42:21] | You know, it’s the stuff that people eat | 人们感到心情低落时 |
[42:22] | when they’re feeling a little down. | 通常会吃这个 |
[42:25] | I have everything I need right here. | 我需要的一切都在这里了 |
[42:31] | Okay. | 行呗 |
[42:34] | What-what kind of ice cream? | 什…什么口味的冰淇凌 |
[42:38] | I’ll bring you a couple of choices. | 我给你拿几种来挑吧 |