时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Andrew, are you okay? | 安德鲁 你没事吧 |
[00:04] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[00:05] | Somebody call an ambulance! | 快叫救护车 |
[00:07] | One, two, three… | 一 二 三 |
[00:09] | I feel clear about something. | 我想清楚了一些事 |
[00:11] | It’s ridiculous for me to think | 我以为自己能过正常的生活 |
[00:12] | that I can have a normal life. | 这是不可能的 |
[00:14] | I’m a detective. | 我是个侦探 |
[00:14] | I’m ready to embrace that. | 我准备好面对这个现实了 |
[00:16] | I want to come back to the Brownstone. | 我想搬回褐石屋去 |
[00:34] | Ah, Watson. | 华生 |
[00:35] | May I present Luc? | 我来介绍一下卢克 |
[00:36] | Luc, Watson. | 卢克 这是华生 |
[00:39] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[00:40] | Luc has agreed to handle your move. | 卢克答应帮你搬家 |
[00:43] | I helped his relatives emigrate | 很多年前我帮他的亲戚 |
[00:44] | from Guadeloupe many years ago, | 从瓜德罗普[法国海外省]移居出来 |
[00:45] | and in return, he assists me with matters which require | 作为回报 他在我需要干体力活时 |
[00:48] | physical labor. | 给我帮忙 |
[00:49] | Well, it’s bad enough you broke in here, | 你闯进来就已经够糟的了 |
[00:50] | but breaking in and taking my things | 闯进来还拿我的东西 |
[00:51] | could be construed as burglary. | 这已经构成入室行窃了 |
[00:53] | I did not break in. | 我没有闯进来 |
[00:54] | I have chastised you repeatedly about that lock’s inadequacy. | 因为你门锁不安全我已经教训你很多次了 |
[00:57] | Not changing it was the same as giving me a key. | 不换锁跟给我钥匙没有任何区别 |
[00:59] | I appreciate that, but I’ve already hired real movers | 我很感激 但我已经请真正的搬家工人 |
[01:01] | to come and take my things in the morning. | 早上来搬我的东西了 |
[01:03] | No offense, Luc. | 无意冒犯 卢克 |
[01:04] | Luc speaks not one word of English. | 卢克不会说英语 |
[01:06] | In fact, he barely speaks at all. | 其实他根本不怎么说话 |
[01:07] | It is but one of his many virtues. | 但这正是他的美德之一 |
[01:10] | And a real moving company will set foot in the Brownstone | 真正的搬家公司是不能踏进褐石屋的 |
[01:12] | over my moldering corpse. | 除非我死了 |
[01:13] | It is our sanctum and our stronghold, | 那是我们的圣地和大本营 |
[01:15] | and I trust no one but Luc within its confines. | 除了卢克我不信任别人进去 |
[01:20] | Uh, those are things that are not going to the Brownstone. | 那些东西我不准备拿回褐石屋 |
[01:23] | Where else would they be going? | 那要拿去哪 |
[01:24] | Well, I’m moving into a furnished place, | 褐石屋里家具齐全 |
[01:25] | so I’m just gonna take what I need from my room | 我只需要带我房间里的东西就行 |
[01:27] | and the rest can be donated. | 剩下的都可以捐掉 |
[01:28] | Are you sure you wouldn’t rather just keep them in storage? | 你确定你不想把它们储存起来吗 |
[01:31] | We have plenty of room in our basement. | 我们的地下室里还有很大地方 |
[01:33] | You are the one that said that all of this | 是你说这些东西都是我为了 |
[01:35] | was me attempting to have a life that wasn’t me. | 拥有不属于我的生活而弄的 |
[01:38] | You were right, so I am done here. | 你是对的 所以我不住这儿了 |
[01:40] | And I’m done with all of these things. | 这些东西我也不要了 |
[01:45] | It’s a beautiful piece. | 这件首饰很美 |
[01:48] | They all are. | 它们都很美 |
[01:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:52] | I take it you are the original owner of all this? | 你是这些东西的原主吗 |
[01:54] | I am. | 是的 |
[01:56] | Do you have the receipts? | 你有买它们的收据吗 |
[01:58] | Well, they were gifts from my husband, so… no. | 它们是我丈夫生前送我的礼物 所以我没有 |
[02:06] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:09] | I’ll, uh, I’ll add it up and write you a check. | 我把价钱算一下然后给你写支票 |
[02:12] | Actually, it-it has to be cash. | 其实 我只想要现金 |
[02:26] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[02:30] | Remember me? | 还记得我吗 |
[02:31] | I’ve brought you some clothes a few times. | 我给你买过几件衣服 |
[02:35] | Roast beef sandwich, chicken soup… | 这是烤牛肉三明治 还有鸡肉汤 |
[04:01] | Victim’s name is Henry Wilseck. | 死者名叫亨利·威赛克 |
[04:03] | Had a Pennsylvania driver’s license on him | 身上有一张七年前就过期了的 |
[04:05] | that expired seven years ago. | 宾夕法尼亚州驾照 |
[04:07] | He also had some psychological problems, | 根据我们在附近的询问 |
[04:10] | at least according to the canvassing we did. | 他有一些精神问题 |
[04:12] | He’d been sleeping in the park for months. | 已经在公园里睡了几个月了 |
[04:15] | Any family? | 有亲属吗 |
[04:17] | Still following the info on the license, | 还在追查驾照上的信息 |
[04:19] | but looks like he fell through the cracks a long time ago. | 但他好像被人遗忘很久了 |
[04:26] | Did anyone remove anything from the body? | 有人从他身上拿走什么了吗 |
[04:27] | Because the bloodstain on the inner lining cuts off right here. | 因为内衬上的血迹到这里就没了 |
[04:30] | Yeah, M.L.I. found this tucked inside his coat. | 现场的同事在他外套里发现了这个 |
[04:34] | It’s filled with cash. $3,814.62 exactly. | 里面装满了现金 确切地说是3814.62美元 |
[04:39] | Uh, there was this, too. | 里面还有这个 |
[04:43] | “Rich people are worth more than poor people. | “富人比穷人值钱得多 |
[04:45] | Life’s not fair. Grow up.” | 人生是不公平的 成熟点” |
[04:48] | Captain, with your permission, | 警监 如果你允许 |
[04:49] | I’ll send this to Harlan Emple. | 我想把这个发给哈伦·恩珀 |
[04:51] | See if he can identify the maths. | 看看他能不能认出这个公式 |
[04:53] | Well, it gets weirder. | 真奇怪啊 |
[04:55] | Position our guys found the envelope in, | 我们的人发现信封的位置 |
[04:59] | bullet would’ve went right through it. | 是子弹曾经穿透的地方 |
[05:00] | So somebody placed it on the body after he was shot. | 所以信封是他死后被人放进去的 |
[05:03] | So someone kills a homeless man | 所以有人在金融区 |
[05:05] | in the middle of the financial district, | 杀了一个流浪汉 |
[05:06] | leaves about $4,000 and a note saying | 留下了四千块还有一张纸条 |
[05:09] | how little poor people are worth. | 写着穷人如何不值钱 |
[05:11] | If this is some sort of political statement, | 如果这是什么政治声明 |
[05:13] | I don’t get it. | 我真心没看懂 |
[05:15] | The socioeconomic outrage does bear the whiff of theater, does it not? | 社会经济的愤怒还真是戏剧性呢 |
[05:19] | If you’re genuinely angry about wealth inequality, | 如果真的对贫富不均愤愤不平 |
[05:22] | you don’t tend to go around shooting homeless people. | 也不会随便枪杀那些流浪汉 |
[05:26] | Harlan recognizes the formula. | 哈伦认出了那个公式 |
[05:29] | He says it’s used in civil law to calculate victim compensation. | 他说那是民法中用来计算受害者赔偿金的 |
[05:34] | Both it and the quote are the brainchildren of the same man, | 公式和那句话都是由一个叫亚伦·施瑞德的 |
[05:36] | an attorney by the name of Arlen Schrader. | 律师提出来的 |
[05:40] | He said this? In public? | 这是他说的 公开说的 |
[05:42] | In print. | 都印刷出版了 |
[05:43] | Well, if he’s the shooter, he basically signed his work. | 如果他是凶手 这基本上就是他的签名了 |
[05:46] | This formula has made Mr. Schrader | 这个公式让施瑞德先生 |
[05:47] | a wealthy man many times over, | 成了一个非常富有的人 |
[05:49] | so I doubt he’d want to draw this kind of attention to it. | 所以我觉得他不想这样引人注意 |
[05:52] | Well, whoever did it wants us to connect this body to that lawyer. | 但做案的人想让我们把尸体跟那个律师联系起来 |
[05:55] | Go talk to him and find out why. | 去跟他谈谈 看看是为什么 |
[06:04] | Specializing in dispute resolution and wrongful death compensation. | 专攻受争议解决方案和意外死亡赔偿金 |
[06:08] | Only the latest in a long line of euphemisms for “Blood money.” | 这就是”血腥钱”最新的委婉说法 |
[06:12] | You know about this stuff? | 你了解这些东西吗 |
[06:13] | Whenever a corporation cuts corners | 每当有公司在儿童座椅上偷工减料 |
[06:15] | on a child’s car seat or allows poison | 或者让毒药渗入我们的食物 |
[06:17] | to penetrate our food or rolls the dice | 或者是石油钻机的安全阀 |
[06:19] | on an oil rig safety valve, | 出了问题的时候 |
[06:20] | someone like Mr. Schrader calculates the minimum amount of money | 施瑞德先生这样的人就会计算出 |
[06:24] | they can pay the victims’ loved ones to keep them from suing. | 他们赔给家属让他们免于被起诉的最少数额 |
[06:26] | Or, heaven forbid, from clamoring for criminal prosecution. | 或者让他们免受刑事诉讼 |
[06:29] | Maybe that’s what the money in the envelope is about. | 也许信封里的钱就是这个意思 |
[06:31] | That’s what Schrader’s formula | 用施瑞德的公式 |
[06:32] | would have determined each victim was worth? | 算出来死者就值这么多钱 |
[06:34] | So the killer set a price and then paid it. | 所以凶手估了个价然后付了钱 |
[06:37] | Bought the guy’s life. | 买了那家伙的命 |
[06:38] | Just to make Schrader look bad? | 就为了让施瑞德难堪 |
[06:40] | An understandable, if misapplied, instinct. | 这种直觉可以理解 虽然或许被误用了 |
[06:43] | Schrader makes his living by reducing | 施瑞德靠将人的价值 |
[06:44] | the value of a person to a dollar amount. | 降到最低为生 |
[06:47] | As if a widow can find solace in a husband-shaped pile of money, | 就好像寡妇能从亡夫换来的一堆钱里寻求安慰 |
[06:50] | or a check can raise an orphaned child. | 一张支票就能抚养孤儿一样 |
[06:53] | It’s repugnant. | 太没人性了 |
[06:54] | You wouldn’t be the first to call me that. | 你不是第一个这么说我的人 |
[06:57] | Arlen Schrader. | 我是亚伦·施瑞德 |
[06:59] | You have some questions for me? | 你们有问题要问我吗 |
[07:03] | That comment is constantly taken out of context. | 那句话总是毫无上下文地被人引用 |
[07:07] | We’d be eager to hear an example of the right context. | 我们想听听真正的上下文是什么 |
[07:09] | I didn’t invent tort law, okay? | 侵权法不是我发明的 |
[07:12] | We base compensation, in part, | 我们根据死者未来可能赚到的钱 |
[07:14] | on the lost future earnings of the decedent. | 来计算赔偿金 |
[07:16] | Then this murder might be the right context. | 那这件案子也许就是正确的上下文 |
[07:19] | Our killer used your principles to determine Henry Wilseck’s worth | 凶手用你的规则计算了亨利·威赛克的价值 |
[07:22] | and then left that amount in exchange for his life. | 然后留下了这么多钱来换他的命 |
[07:25] | Fair swap, in your eyes? | 你觉得这是公平交换 |
[07:26] | Anything wrong with that? | 有什么不对吗 |
[07:27] | Of course there is. | 当然不对 |
[07:28] | The person you’re talking about fired a gun, | 你们说的那个人开了一枪 |
[07:30] | knowing it would cause a man’s death. | 明知道那会置人于死地 |
[07:31] | It’s murder; they should be punished. | 这是谋杀 他们应该受到惩罚 |
[07:33] | By that measure, many of your clients should be behind bars, | 这样说的话 你的很多客户都该进监狱 |
[07:36] | should they not? | 不是吗 |
[07:37] | Perhaps if our killer had incorporated first… | 也许这位凶手先注册家公司就不会了 |
[07:39] | Whoever shot Henry Wilseck wanted to make it about you. | 杀死亨利·威赛克的人想把矛头指向你 |
[07:42] | We want to know if you know anyone who would do that, and why. | 我们想知道你是否知道谁会这么干 以及原因 |
[07:45] | You’re asking if anyone hates me? | 你是在问有没有人讨厌我吗 |
[07:47] | The line forms behind this guy. | 这家伙可以排在队伍最前头 |
[07:49] | Well, anyone in particular have reason to cause you trouble? | 有没有什么特别的人想给你制造麻烦 |
[07:52] | Aside from our colleague? | 除了我们这位同事 |
[07:54] | I was in a relationship. | 我之前的女朋友 |
[07:58] | With another attorney. | 也是一位律师 |
[07:59] | Her name is Erin Chatworth. | 她叫爱琳·查特沃思 |
[08:02] | It was short, but it was serious. | 时间不长 但是我们都是认真的 |
[08:04] | I broke it off and… she was very angry. | 我甩了她 她很生气 |
[08:08] | I’ll give you all of her information. | 我会给你们她的所有信息 |
[08:12] | Ms. Chatworth, it’s obvious to me that | 查特沃思女士 我很明显注意到 |
[08:13] | you’ve recently stopped wearing a wedding band. | 你最近不再戴婚戒了 |
[08:16] | Was your marriage a casualty of | 是因为你跟亚伦·施瑞德的婚外情 |
[08:17] | your affair with Arlen Schrader? | 导致你们离婚的吗 |
[08:19] | And if so, | 如果是这样的话 |
[08:20] | how angry were you when he recused himself from your pants? | 他要求分手时你有多生气 |
[08:24] | You still haven’t told me what this is all about. | 你们还没跟我说过这是怎么回事 |
[08:26] | Did somebody hurt Arlen? | 有人伤害亚伦了吗 |
[08:27] | No. | 没有 |
[08:28] | No, but it does look like someone might have a grudge against him. | 没有 不过似乎有人挺恨他的 |
[08:31] | Can you tell us where you were last night between 1:00 and 4:00 A.M.? | 你能告诉我们凌晨一点到四点间你在哪里吗 |
[08:34] | Home, sleeping. | 在家 睡觉 |
[08:35] | Where were you? | 还能去哪 |
[08:37] | Mr. Schrader said that he broke things off | 施瑞德先生说他跟你分开 |
[08:39] | because of a conflict of interest, | 是因为你们之间有利益冲突 |
[08:40] | but he did not elaborate. | 不过他没详细说明 |
[08:42] | No, I-I… I bet he wouldn’t. | 当然 他肯定不会 |
[08:45] | Would you? | 你会吗 |
[08:48] | Do you remember Aceway Flight 1059? | 还记得艾斯维航空公司的1059次航班吗 |
[08:51] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[08:51] | A commuter flight from LaGuardia to Burlington, Vermont | 从拉瓜迪亚到佛蒙特州柏林顿的通勤飞机 |
[08:55] | that crashed last year. | 在去年坠毁了 |
[08:56] | 80 people were killed. | 80人遇难 |
[08:57] | 81, actually. | 其实是81人 |
[08:58] | NTSB blamed the airline, | 运输安全委员会指责是航空公司的责任 |
[09:00] | said it was due to faulty maintenance. | 说是因为维修故障 |
[09:02] | And that was the client that he chose over your relationship? | 就是为了这个客户 他才甩了你吗 |
[09:05] | Potential client. | 只是潜在的客户 |
[09:06] | Arlen is one of the top victims’ comp attorneys in the country, | 亚伦是全国顶尖的赔偿案律师 |
[09:10] | so Aceway went to him first. | 所以艾斯维航空先去找了他 |
[09:12] | They haven’t signed anything yet, | 他们没有签约 |
[09:13] | but the billables on that account would be in the millions. | 不过那个案子的费用高达好几百万 |
[09:17] | I do business with a competing airline. | 而他们竞争对手的一家航空公司是我的客户 |
[09:19] | And that made you a liability. | 所以你就成了他的负担 |
[09:21] | Arlen dumped me | 亚伦甩了我 |
[09:22] | so he could profit off 81 people’s deaths. | 这样他就能靠那81个人的死来大捞一笔了 |
[09:25] | Do you really think I’m losing much sleep | 你真觉得我会因为他离开我 |
[09:27] | because he’s out of my life? | 而睡不好觉吗 |
[09:37] | Schrader did bust up her marriage | 施瑞德的确毁了她的婚姻 |
[09:39] | and her alibi is weak, | 而且她的不在场证据也不充分 |
[09:40] | but we don’t think she’s involved. | 不过我们觉得这事跟她无关 |
[09:42] | What about the husband? | 那她丈夫呢 |
[09:43] | She said he was seeing someone, too. | 她说他也跟别人在一起了 |
[09:45] | And there was a prenup in place that paid out to him, | 而且他们有一份婚前协议 他能拿到很多钱 |
[09:47] | so he’s actually pretty happy about the way things turned out. | 所以他对这样的结果很满意 |
[09:50] | I’m gonna run him down all the same. | 我还是会去查查他的 |
[09:52] | Well, whoever left that cash on the victim, | 把现金留在死者身上的那个人 |
[09:54] | you were right about it being a smear job. | 被你说中了 是为了嫁祸 |
[09:57] | All the tabloids got copies of this in the mail this morning. | 今天早晨所有小报都在邮件中收到了这个 |
[10:01] | “By now, I have killed Henry Wilseck. | “现在 我已经杀了亨利·威赛克 |
[10:02] | “But I have paid the price. | “但是我也偿付了金钱 |
[10:03] | “Ask the police. Ask Arlen Schrader. | “去问问警察 问问亚伦·施瑞德 |
[10:05] | How much is any of us worth?” | 我们每个人值多少钱” |
[10:07] | Postmarks were from two days ago. | 邮戳是两天前的 |
[10:08] | We’re checking for prints, but… | 我们正在查有没有指纹 不过 |
[10:10] | considering the note that he left on Wilseck was clean, | 考虑到他留在威赛克身上的纸条上什么也没有 |
[10:13] | I’m not holding my breath. | 我觉得没什么希望 |
[10:14] | This’ll get some headlines. | 这事肯定会上头条的 |
[10:16] | Well, talk radio is already on it. | 电台已经开始说这事了 |
[10:18] | Schrader’s taking as much heat as the killer. | 施瑞德的言论跟凶手一样偏激 |
[10:20] | If he doesn’t take back some of the stuff he said, | 如果他不收回他说的一些话 |
[10:23] | his body might be the next one we find. | 可能下一个死的就是他了 |
[10:59] | What’s all this? | 你搞什么 |
[11:01] | You never come down here. | 你从不下来的 |
[11:03] | I was just… | 我只是在 |
[11:05] | ruminating on the case. | 反思这个案子 |
[11:07] | The noise wake you? | 吵醒你了吗 |
[11:08] | No, actually it was too quiet. | 不 是太安静了 |
[11:10] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[11:12] | Is that why you’re down here? | 你是因为这个才下来的吗 |
[11:13] | You were worried about the noise? | 你怕吵着我 |
[11:15] | Well, it did not not cross my mind. | 我也不是没考虑这方面 |
[11:18] | Well, you know you don’t have to tiptoe around for me, right? | 你知道你不用这么小心翼翼的 对吧 |
[11:19] | I mean, I knew what I was signing up for | 我说了我想搬回来 |
[11:21] | when I said I wanted to come back. | 就做好准备了 |
[11:24] | At my request, | 在我的要求下 |
[11:24] | Arlen Schrader sent over every piece of hate mail he’s received | 亚伦·施瑞德把过去两年收到的 |
[11:27] | from the last two years. | 所有恐吓信都送了过来 |
[11:29] | They’re from people who’d lost loved ones | 其中有人失去了心爱的人 |
[11:30] | and received a smaller settlement from an offending company than they felt they deserved. | 却只收到了肇事公司这么少的赔偿金 |
[11:35] | Or who were denied compensation altogether. | 还有人被拒绝发放赔偿金 |
[11:37] | I’ve been reviewing them in the hope | 我一直在看这些信 |
[11:38] | that a viable suspect would emerge. | 希望能找出嫌犯 |
[11:40] | But so far none has done me | 不过到目前为止 |
[11:41] | the courtesy of leaping out. | 尚无任何发现 |
[11:44] | Maybe it’s someone who hates Schrader for another reason. | 也许有人因为别的事憎恨施瑞德 |
[11:47] | I mean, considering the way he broke things off with Erin Chatworth, | 考虑到他跟爱琳·查特沃思分手那事 |
[11:49] | I’m sure there are plenty. | 我想恨他的人一定很多 |
[11:51] | Or perhaps the killer is not motivated by anger at all. | 也可能凶手杀人的动机根本不是愤怒 |
[11:55] | Ms. Chatworth mentioned that the Aceway account | 查特沃思女士说过艾斯维航空 |
[11:57] | would be worth millions in attorney’s fees. | 给的律师费会有几百万美元 |
[12:00] | And that’s just one client. | 而这只是一个客户 |
[12:01] | So, perhaps, as I’m sure mr. Schrader would put it, | 所以有可能 我保证施瑞德先生也会这么说 |
[12:03] | it’s just business. | 这只是生意 |
[12:05] | So, you think it’s one of his competitors. | 这么说你认为是他的某个竞争对手干的 |
[12:09] | Another victims’ comp attorney? | 另一名受害者的赔偿案律师 |
[12:11] | It would be an effective way of stealing the company | 把公司从施瑞德先生手里抢走 |
[12:13] | away from Mr. Schrader, | 这办法很高效 |
[12:14] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[12:17] | It’s one possibility. | 这是可能之一 |
[12:19] | There will be others. | 还会有其它的可能 |
[12:21] | You should sleep, Watson. | 你该去睡觉了 华生 |
[12:23] | Unlike me, you’re more effective with it than without. | 跟我相反 你睡足了觉才能高效工作 |
[12:25] | We’ll review everything in the morning. | 明早我们再看这些东西 |
[12:28] | I have to go to my apartment tomorrow afternoon. | 明天下午我得回趟公寓 |
[12:30] | I have to do a final walk-through | 还要办些手续 |
[12:31] | to get my security deposit back. | 才能把保证金拿回来 |
[12:33] | Will that be going to charity as well? | 也会捐给慈善基金吗 |
[12:35] | Actually, I was thinking it could go | 其实 我是想用这些钱 |
[12:37] | towards restocking the kitchen. | 去给咱们的厨房补补货 |
[12:40] | All right. I’ll see you in the morning. | 好吧 明早见 |
[12:44] | Matt was the entrepreneur in the family. | 马特是我们家的企业家 |
[12:47] | Made his first million at 25. | 在25岁就赚到了一百万 |
[12:49] | It was phone apps or something. | 搞手机应用什么的 |
[12:52] | He was always on my ass to do | 他一直唠叨我 |
[12:54] | something with my crappy life. | 让我去做点正经的事 |
[12:58] | Yeah, I used to get just so ticked at him. | 我总是对他火大 |
[13:00] | Just… said he should support me no matter what I was doing, | 我跟他说 他应该支持我所做的事 |
[13:05] | you know? | 你们懂吧 |
[13:06] | More than once, I-I yelled at him to just… | 我不止一次吼过他 |
[13:10] | shut up, you know? | 让他闭嘴 |
[13:12] | But he just kept coming to my gigs no matter what. | 但无论怎样他都会来看我的演出 |
[13:39] | I wasn’t that good, was I? | 我刚才的表现值这么多钱吗 |
[13:42] | I have some business to take care of today. | 我今天有些生意要谈 |
[13:45] | It’s a cash transaction. | 要用现金交易 |
[13:48] | Rich people. | 有钱人 |
[13:51] | Hey, you haven’t told anyone about this thing we have, have you? | 你没跟别人说过我们之间的事吧 |
[13:57] | No. | 没有 |
[13:58] | Nobody knows you’re slumming it. | 没人知道你屈尊来这了 |
[14:02] | Since when do you smoke? | 你什么时候开始抽烟了 |
[14:04] | Since I was ten. | 十岁就开始了 |
[14:06] | You know, I quit for a while when Matt died. | 马特死后 我戒了一段时间 |
[14:08] | But guess it didn’t stick. | 不过没坚持住 |
[14:11] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[14:12] | No, of course not. | 不 没有 |
[14:14] | It just changes the math. | 只是数额要变了 |
[14:16] | What math? | 什么数额 |
[14:42] | Frederic Duncan. | 弗雷里克·邓肯 |
[14:44] | His friends called him Freddy. | 他的朋友们叫他弗雷迪 |
[14:45] | He’s 44 years old. | 四十四岁 |
[14:46] | He’s a drummer in a band no one’s ever heard of. | 一个不知名乐队的鼓手 |
[14:49] | His girlfriend found him. | 是他女朋友发现了他 |
[14:50] | Her coworkers alibied her for the time of the murder. | 她的同事能证明案发时她并不在场 |
[14:55] | So, you said there was another note? | 你说这次也留下了纸条吗 |
[14:57] | “Dear Michael Cardenas: | “亲爱的迈克·卡德纳斯 |
[14:59] | Just saved you more money. | 又为你省下了一笔钱 |
[15:01] | You’re welcome.” | 不用谢我” |
[15:02] | Cardenas is the CEO of Aceway Airlines. | 卡德纳斯是艾斯维航空的总裁 |
[15:05] | The company responsible for the downed flight to Vermont. | 飞往佛蒙特的失事飞机就是这家公司的 |
[15:08] | The killer sent copies of this to the press, too. | 凶手还给媒体寄去了复印件 |
[15:10] | So, just like with the first victim, | 所以就和第一个被害人一样 |
[15:11] | they know everything. | 媒体知道所有细节 |
[15:13] | So, is Mr. Duncan also bought and paid for? | 邓肯先生的命也被买下了吗 |
[15:16] | Perp left just under 80 grand at the scene. | 凶手在现场留下了将近八万块 |
[15:19] | That’s a hell of a lot more than last time. | 比上次多了不少 |
[15:21] | But considering Duncan was only in his 40s, | 但是鉴于邓肯才四十多岁 |
[15:23] | I’d say the killer didn’t think | 这个凶手一定认为 |
[15:24] | his music career was about to take off. | 他的音乐生涯并不会有什么前途 |
[15:27] | So, our culprit might be a homicidal maniac, | 虽说凶手可能是个变态杀人狂 |
[15:30] | but you can’t say they’re not putting | 但是你得承认 |
[15:31] | their money where their mouth is. | 这个人确实说到做到 |
[15:33] | Any idea what they meant | 凶手说自己在为航空公司省钱 |
[15:34] | when they said they’re saving the airline money? | 你们知道这是什么意思吗 |
[15:36] | Turns out this vic and the first both had family on Flight 1059. | 这两个被害人都有亲属在1059次航班上 |
[15:41] | Henry Wilseck lost an uncle. | 亨利·威赛克的叔叔 |
[15:43] | Freddy Duncan lost a brother. | 还有弗雷迪·邓肯的兄弟 |
[15:44] | So, the killer’s targeting beneficiaries of those lost on the plane? | 所以凶手的目标是空难的保险受益人吗 |
[15:48] | Thanks to him, there’s two less people to pay out now. | 多亏了他 这两个人的钱都不用支付了 |
[15:50] | So, we’re trying to locate all the beneficiaries. | 我们正在寻找所有的保险受益人 |
[15:52] | But it’s gonna take time. | 但这需要一些时间 |
[15:53] | Meanwhile, 79 more people could be in his sights. | 他的目标可能是剩下的七十九个人 |
[16:03] | Place looks spotless. | 这地方看起来很新 |
[16:04] | I don’t even think we’ll have to repaint. | 我觉得都不需要重新刷漆 |
[16:07] | Well, I guess I wasn’t here long enough to do any damage. | 可能我住的时间太短 没来得及造成损坏 |
[16:10] | Well, we’re sorry to lose you. | 你要搬走我很遗憾 |
[16:12] | Always better to hang onto a good tenant when we find one. | 遇到一个好房客不应该轻易放手 |
[16:14] | Thanks, but it’s a great apartment. | 谢谢 这间公寓很棒 |
[16:15] | I don’t think you’re gonna have trouble finding a new tenant. | 你用不着担心找不到新的房客 |
[16:18] | Well, actually we already have one. | 其实我们已经找到了 |
[16:20] | Wow, that’s fast, right? | 真快呐 |
[16:21] | I mean, even by New York standards. | 即使在纽约这样快节奏的地方 |
[16:23] | Apparently the guy wanted the place sight unseen. | 他还没验过房就租下了这里 |
[16:25] | Don’t know how he heard about it. | 不知道他是从哪儿打听到的 |
[16:26] | We hadn’t even listed the place yet. | 我们还没有登出广告呢 |
[16:28] | Only thing he asked for was an upgrade on the front lock. | 他唯一的要求就是升级一下前门锁 |
[16:31] | He sent over his own deadbolt. | 门栓也是他寄来的 |
[16:32] | It’s made by some high-end company. | 是一家高端公司的产品 |
[16:34] | Supposed to be unpickable. | 据说是无法被撬开的 |
[16:37] | Fenstermacher? | 芬斯特马赫牌的吗 |
[16:39] | Yeah. How’d you know? | 没错 你怎么会知道 |
[16:45] | Michael Cardenas, this is Detective Marcus Bell. | 这位是迈克·卡德纳斯 这位是马库斯·贝尔警探 |
[16:48] | Our consultant Sherlock Holmes. | 这位是我们的顾问夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[16:50] | This is Gayle Wilkins. | 这位是盖尔·威金斯 |
[16:53] | Aceway Airlines’ house counsel. | 艾斯维航空的专职法律顾问 |
[16:56] | Really appreciate you coming down. | 感谢你们能来 |
[16:57] | Frankly, we preferred it to you coming to us. | 实际上 这样要比你们去找我们好得多 |
[17:00] | Media’s been camped on our doorstep all day. | 我们门前全天候都有媒体驻扎 |
[17:02] | We’d rather not give them a shot of the police stopping by. | 我们可不希望他们拍到警察来访的照片 |
[17:04] | Some lunatic’s out there gunning people down, | 有疯子在外到处持枪杀人 |
[17:05] | and they’re making us the bad guys. | 却让我们成了坏蛋 |
[17:08] | You know they’re calling him the Aceway Killer? | 你知道吗 他们还给他取名”艾斯维”杀手 |
[17:11] | I can’t even imagine how infuriating that must be | 你们该有多生气啊 |
[17:13] | when you worked so hard to earn that moniker all by yourself. | 明明这坏蛋的名声是你们自己辛苦换来的 |
[17:16] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[17:17] | 81 people are dead. | 81人遇难了 |
[17:19] | According to an official investigation, | 根据官方的调查结果 |
[17:20] | it’s because you chose to pinch pennies on maintenance. | 这是由于你为了节约维修成本才造成的 |
[17:22] | We are still contesting the results of that investigation. | 我们并不认同那份调查结果 |
[17:25] | No criminal charges have been filed. | 而且公司并没有受到刑事指控 |
[17:28] | I hope that’s not what you | 希望这并不是 |
[17:29] | asked us here to talk about. | 你们找我们过来的原因 |
[17:30] | If you’ve been following the news, | 如果你们关注新闻的话 |
[17:32] | you know that the killer claims that he’s helping you. | 就该知道凶手宣称他在帮你的忙 |
[17:38] | Crazy people say crazy things. | 不过是疯子的疯话 |
[17:41] | Arlen Schrader had much the same reaction | 凶手提及亚伦·施瑞德的时候 |
[17:43] | when the killer made reference to him. | 他也是同样的反应 |
[17:44] | You’re familiar with Mr. Schrader, correct? | 你们认识施瑞德先生对吧 |
[17:47] | You talked to him about administrating your victims’ comp? | 你和他谈过支付遇难者赔偿金的事 |
[17:49] | You think that’s why we were targeted? | 你认为我们是因此才成为攻击对象的吗 |
[17:51] | Because the killer has a problem with him? | 因为凶手和他有过节吗 |
[17:53] | It’s one possibility. | 这是一种可能 |
[17:54] | Another possibility is that the killer is not motivated by crazy, | 另一种可能是凶手这么做并非出于疯狂 |
[17:57] | but by greed. | 而是出于贪婪 |
[17:59] | We thought it was interesting he went out of his way to ding Aceway | 在你和施瑞德还没合作之前 |
[18:01] | when you and Schrader weren’t even in business yet. | 他就想尽办法攻击艾斯维航空 这很奇怪 |
[18:04] | Mr. Holmes here wondered if the killer | 福尔摩斯先生怀疑 |
[18:05] | was an attorney in the same field. | 凶手可能也是同一领域的律师 |
[18:07] | Someone who stood to benefit | 如果施瑞德丢了工作 |
[18:08] | if Schrader dropped out of the race. | 他就会从中受益 |
[18:10] | Wait, you think all this is about forcing our hand? | 你们认为这一切只是凶手想逼我们就范 |
[18:14] | Who else did you talk to about your problem? | 你还和谁谈过赔偿金的问题 |
[18:17] | Well, locally there are two other firms that do what Schrader does. | 本地还有另两家公司跟施瑞德处理同样的事务 |
[18:19] | We talked to both of them. | 我和他们都谈过 |
[18:22] | But it wouldn’t make any sense for them to do something like this. | 但是他们会做出这种事真是太荒唐了 |
[18:24] | This rampage makes them as radioactive as him. | 这样他们也会成为众矢之的 |
[18:28] | What do you mean? | 怎么讲 |
[18:29] | He’s not the only one with a formula | 有公式来估算死者价值的人 |
[18:31] | to calculate a decedent’s worth. | 并非只有他一个 |
[18:33] | We still need to discuss it with the board, | 虽然还需要和董事会商量才能决定 |
[18:35] | but we believe we may need someone with a less… | 不过我们觉得我们可能需要的是一种数额差异 |
[18:38] | stratified approach. | 没那么大的解决方法 |
[18:40] | You want a firm that will settle the claims with a fixed sum. | 你希望公司给出的赔偿金是一笔固定金额 |
[18:43] | Rather than pay the victims according to their wealth, | 而不是根据受害人的身价来进行赔偿 |
[18:46] | all parties would get the same amount. | 所有人都获得等额的赔偿 |
[18:48] | Why not do that all along? | 为什么不从一开始就这么办 |
[18:50] | It would cost them more money. | 因为那样成本更高 |
[18:52] | What are the numbers? | 具体数额是多少 |
[18:53] | The payouts that you would make using Schrader’s formula | 按照施瑞德的公式所计算出的结果 |
[18:55] | or at least your sense of them? | 或者你认为的价格 |
[18:57] | Well, setting aside crew, | 如果不算机组人员 |
[18:58] | there were eight first class passengers on the flight. | 当时航班上有八位头等舱乘客 |
[19:01] | Each was well off. | 他们都身价不菲 |
[19:02] | We figure their families would receive somewhere | 我们估计将给出 |
[19:04] | in the range of $10 million to $15 million. | 一千万到一千五百万左右的赔偿 |
[19:07] | There were 67 passengers in coach. | 经济舱有六十七位乘客 |
[19:09] | Assuming average incomes and life expectancies, | 考虑到平均收入和预期寿命 |
[19:13] | their survivors would only receive a few hundred thousand. | 他们只会得到几十万的赔偿 |
[19:16] | And if you switched to the fixed sum? | 要是换成用固定金额来赔付呢 |
[19:18] | Everyone gets about $5 million. | 每个人赔付五百万 |
[19:22] | Captain and Detective, a word? | 警监和警探 能出来聊聊吗 |
[19:27] | Would you excuse us a moment? | 先失陪一下 |
[19:33] | So… | 那么 |
[19:34] | we can agree that Mr. Cardenas and his attorney | 卡德纳斯先生和他的律师 |
[19:35] | have just helped identify a new suspect pool? | 刚刚帮我们锁定了新的嫌疑犯范围 |
[19:37] | Beneficiaries of the lower-income victims of Flight 1059. | 1059次航班上低收入人群的保险受益人 |
[19:41] | Schrader’s formula would’ve factored in | 施瑞德的公式会影响 |
[19:43] | those victims’ earning potential. | 那些受害者的赔偿金 |
[19:45] | Their families would’ve gotten less money. | 他们的家人本来会拿到更少的钱 |
[19:47] | So, if you smear Schrader, smear Aceway, | 如果你攻击施瑞德和艾斯维航空 |
[19:49] | and the airline’s hands are tied. | 航空公司就别无选择 |
[19:51] | Fixed sum is the only way to go. | 只能用固定金额来进行赔付了 |
[19:52] | You said you were preparing a list of the beneficiaries. | 你说你正在整理受益人的名单 |
[19:54] | Can I see it? | 能让我看看吗 |
[19:58] | The murders have sparked a growing controversy over | 因为凶案 针对类似艾斯维航空的公司 |
[20:01] | the way companies like Aceway calculate victims’ compensation. | 对赔偿金的计算问题引起了激烈的争论 |
[20:05] | According to a statement from the airlines, | 根据航空公司的声明 |
[20:06] | they’ve made no decision yet about Flight 1059, | 他们并未就1059次航班做出决定 |
[20:09] | and are currently exploring all their options. | 仍在考虑各种可行方案 |
[20:13] | In the meantime, | 同时 |
[20:13] | the airline expressed sympathy for the two shooting victims, | 航空公司对两位枪击受害人表示了同情 |
[20:16] | and its hope that whoever is responsible will be quickly found. | 并希望凶手能尽早捉拿归案 |
[20:21] | Penny? | 佩妮 |
[20:22] | You forgot I was coming? | 你忘记我要来了吗 |
[20:23] | – No, I’ve just been busy. – I can see. | -不 我刚才在忙 -看得出来 |
[20:26] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[20:32] | You’re redecorating? | 你要重新装修吗 |
[20:33] | It’s been a few years. I wanted a change. | 已经好几年了 我想做些改变 |
[20:35] | – Dana… – You’re my sister, not my mother. | -黛娜 -你是我姐姐 不是我妈妈 |
[20:40] | Today I’m neither. I’m your accountant. | 今天我两者都不是 我是你的会计 |
[20:42] | And it’s time to face facts. | 是时候面对现实了 |
[20:43] | You can’t afford to live this way. | 这样的生活 |
[20:45] | Not anymore. | 你已经负担不起了 |
[20:49] | I’m trying to help you. | 我是想帮你 |
[20:54] | Have you been watching the news? | 你最近看新闻了吗 |
[20:56] | It’s tax season. I’ve been underwater. Why? | 现在是报税季节 我工作都忙疯了 怎么了 |
[20:58] | I think things are gonna get better for me. | 我觉得对我来说事情会好转起来 |
[21:02] | I’m going to be able to pay what I owe. | 我可以还清债务了 |
[21:04] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[21:05] | I’m working on something, a project. | 我在捣鼓些东西 一个项目 |
[21:07] | If you’ve invested with another of those hedge fund guys, | 如果你又去和那些避险基金的人搅和 |
[21:09] | I swear to God… | 我对天发誓… |
[21:10] | I’m not stupid, Penny. | 我又不傻 佩妮 |
[21:13] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:15] | Is this “Project” going to pay out in the next 90 days? | 你这项目九十天内就能获利吗 |
[21:18] | The money is tied up. | 钱还在周转 |
[21:19] | It’s complicated. | 挺复杂的 |
[21:24] | This came from the bank today. | 这是银行今天寄来的 |
[21:26] | They’re gonna take the house. | 他们要收走房子了 |
[21:29] | If you want to get any money out of it at all, | 如果你还想拿到些钱的话 |
[21:31] | you have to sell now. | 必须现在就卖了 |
[21:34] | I can do it. | 我可以办到 |
[21:36] | Get the money sooner. | 早点拿到钱 |
[21:37] | – How? – Well, I’ve already made a fuss about it. | -怎么办 -项目已经开始了 |
[21:39] | I just have to make a bigger fuss. | 只需要再加把火就行了 |
[21:52] | What, did you run out of room in the basement? | 怎么 你地下室没空间了吗 |
[21:54] | I have risen, as per your instructions. | 根据你的指示 我上楼来了 |
[21:57] | Well, I thought you were at the station, | 我以为你在警局 |
[21:59] | so I went there after my walk-through. | 所以在散步之后去了那里 |
[22:01] | Marcus brought me up to speed. | 马库斯把最新进展告诉我了 |
[22:04] | So I take it the amounts are how much Schrader would say | 我想这些数字是根据施瑞德的算法 |
[22:08] | each person on the crashed plane was worth? | 计算出的失事飞机上每个人的价值 |
[22:11] | Mm-hmm, my approximation with the help of the airline. | 恩 我的估算加上航空公司的帮助 |
[22:16] | Here in the proverbial cheap seats is where we find | 这里众所周知的廉价座位上 |
[22:19] | the victims whose survivors would benefit most | 其遇难者家属将从 |
[22:21] | from uniform settlements. | 定额赔偿中获得最大利益 |
[22:23] | I’ve identified three such beneficiaries | 我找出了三名受益者 |
[22:25] | who live locally and had a history of violent crime. | 住在本地并有暴力犯罪历史 |
[22:28] | Seems reasonable to look at them first, eh? | 看起来应该先查查他们 |
[22:31] | Oh, that reminds me– Marcus gave me a ballistics report. | 这提醒我了 马库斯给了我弹道分析 |
[22:34] | It confirms that the same gun was used | 证实了凶手用同一把枪 |
[22:35] | to kill Wilseck and Duncan. | 杀害了威赛克和邓肯 |
[22:37] | It was traced back to a private trader | 追踪回了一起在弗吉尼亚 |
[22:40] | at a gun show in Virginia. | 枪械展上的私人交易 |
[22:41] | A state which requires no paperwork | 在这个州里进行类似交易 |
[22:43] | for such a transaction. | 不需要书面文件 |
[22:44] | No, but the seller remembered the buyer. | 不需要 但是卖家记得买家 |
[22:47] | Sort of. | 记得一点 |
[22:47] | White male, 40s, walked with a limp. | 白人男性 四十多岁 有些瘸腿 |
[22:49] | Would you get the appropriate photographs to him, | 你能把相关照片发给他吗 |
[22:51] | see if he recognizes any of the crash victims’ loved ones? | 看看他能否认出某位遇难家属 |
[22:53] | Marcus is already on it. | 马库斯已经在办了 |
[22:54] | But unfortunately there is no guarantee | 但不幸的是 不能保证 |
[22:56] | that the gun is still in the buyer’s possession. | 枪还在买家手中 |
[22:58] | He could have sold it to someone, | 他也许卖给了某人 |
[22:59] | who sold it so someone, who sold it to someone. | 然后被多次转卖 |
[23:01] | And God bless America. | 天佑美国 |
[23:03] | Are we completely off the idea | 我们已经不考虑 |
[23:05] | that the killer is a rival of Schrader’s? | 凶手是施瑞德竞争对手的可能性了吗 |
[23:08] | We’ve put that to one side. | 我们先把它放到一旁 |
[23:09] | This new suspect pool is more viable and better defined. | 这新的嫌疑群体更有可能也更好辨认 |
[23:18] | Why did you rent my apartment? | 你为什么要租下我的公寓 |
[23:21] | That was you, right? | 是你干的 对吧 |
[23:22] | I mean, Fenstermacher is your lock of choice. | 我是说 芬斯特马赫是你最爱的锁 |
[23:24] | And we both know how much you hated my old one. | 而且我们都知道你有多讨厌我的旧锁 |
[23:27] | I was assured that work would not be done today. | 他们向我保证不会在今天换的 |
[23:30] | Yesterday, it was obvious | 昨天 很明显的 |
[23:31] | that you did not want me to get rid of my things. | 你不想让我丢掉我的东西 |
[23:33] | And then you worked in the basement, | 然后你在地下室工作 |
[23:34] | you said that you did not want to bother me. | 你说你不想打扰到我 |
[23:36] | But maybe you didn’t want me bothering you. | 但也许是你不想让我打扰你 |
[23:38] | Now, if you did not want me to move back into the brownstone, | 如果你不想让我搬回褐石屋 |
[23:40] | you could have just said so. | 你开口说就是了 |
[23:50] | Captain. | 警监 |
[23:52] | The Aceway Killer struck again. | “艾斯维”杀手又犯案了 |
[23:54] | Or at least he tried to strike. | 或者说是又试图犯案了 |
[23:56] | Took a shot through a window out here in Nassau County. | 在纳苏郡这边射穿了一扇玻璃 |
[23:59] | Got spooked and ran off. | 被发现然后跑掉了 |
[24:01] | The woman he was after was only shaken up, luckily. | 他想杀的女性幸好仅仅是吓到了 |
[24:05] | She’s gonna be all right. | 她会没事的 |
[24:07] | I take it she also had family on Flight 1059? | 我想她在1059次航班上也有家人吧 |
[24:11] | Her husband. | 她丈夫 |
[24:13] | The local PD is taking her statement now. | 当地警署正在给她录口供 |
[24:17] | She didn’t get a good look at the shooter, | 她没有看清杀手 |
[24:19] | so she may not be able to help us much anyway. | 所以估计也帮不上我们什么忙 |
[24:23] | But who knows? | 但谁知道呢 |
[24:26] | Maybe she’ll surprise us. | 没准她能给我们一个惊喜 |
[24:33] | I was walking into the kitchen, | 我当时正走向厨房 |
[24:36] | and I saw the man standing about there. | 然后我看到一个男人站在那里 |
[24:39] | He was wearing a ski mask. | 他带着一副滑雪面罩 |
[24:41] | He looked right at me, | 直勾勾地看着我 |
[24:42] | and he pulled out a gun and fired. | 然后掏出枪开了火 |
[24:46] | So I ran, I-I made it to the alarm panel. | 于是我就跑了 我跑到警报控制板 |
[24:48] | And I hit the panic button. | 按下了紧急按钮 |
[24:50] | Mrs. Powell’s service includes an on-site alarm | 鲍威尔女士安装了现场警报器 |
[24:53] | and notification of 911. | 还有自动报警装置 |
[24:54] | We figure he ran when he heard it go off. | 我们猜测他听到警报响起就跑掉了 |
[24:57] | Nassau police found a set of men’s shoe prints. | 纳苏警方发现一对男性的鞋印 |
[25:00] | Looks like he fired from here, | 看起来他是在这里开的火 |
[25:02] | then ran to the back fence and scaled it. | 然后跑向围栏翻了过去 |
[25:06] | Did you notice that the shooter had a limp? | 你注意到凶手腿瘸了吗 |
[25:09] | I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 什么 |
[25:10] | Well, the, uh, the left shoe | 这左边的鞋 |
[25:12] | that, you know, made this footprint | 就是 踩下的这鞋印 |
[25:14] | is worn away on its inside edge, so… | 内侧磨损严重很多 所以… |
[25:16] | It was dark– I-I hid as soon as I got to the alarm. | 当时天很黑 我按下警报就藏了起来 |
[25:20] | I don’t think I saw him walk at all. | 我想我都没看到他走路的样子 |
[25:23] | The gun dealer you spoke to described a man | 卖枪的人描述说那是一位 |
[25:25] | who had trouble walking. | 行走困难的男人 |
[25:26] | That could explain the uneven wear. | 或许可以解释这种单边磨损 |
[25:28] | – Gun dealer? – Yeah, we thought we had a lead | -卖枪的人 -是的 我们可能掌握了 |
[25:30] | on where the weapon came from, | 枪支的来源线索 |
[25:31] | but I sent the dealer the pictures we talked about. | 但是 在把嫌疑人的照片送过去后 |
[25:34] | No luck. | 没有发现 |
[25:43] | So, does anyone else live here with you? | 那么 还有别人和你一起住在这里吗 |
[25:45] | No, why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[25:47] | Well, I just, I noticed | 我只是注意到 |
[25:48] | that your bedroom’s on the ground floor. | 你的卧室在一楼 |
[25:50] | That’s just unusual in a house this size. | 对于这么大一幢房子来说不太寻常 |
[25:53] | Well, after Nick, uh, my husband, died, | 在尼克 我丈夫死后 |
[25:57] | the house just felt too big, so I moved downstairs. | 房子就感觉有些大了 所以我搬了下来 |
[26:02] | Our condolences on your loss. | 对您的失去我感到遗憾 |
[26:06] | Police canvassed the neighborhood and asked | 警方询问了周围邻居 |
[26:08] | if anyone saw the shooter coming or going, | 想知道有没有人看到凶手来去 |
[26:09] | but most people were asleep. | 但是大多数人都在睡觉 |
[26:11] | In the meantime, the dealer who sold the gun is sitting | 与此同时 卖枪的那人正在弗吉尼亚州 |
[26:14] | with a sketch artist in Virginia. | 由素描师陪伴做侧写 |
[26:16] | We should have something soon. | 可能很快就有结果了 |
[26:19] | A shame he didn’t identify any of our white male beneficiaries. | 真可惜他没能指认任何这些白人受益者 |
[26:23] | I still believe that the killer is connected | 我依然相信凶手与 |
[26:25] | to a victim of Flight 1059. | 1059次航班的遇难者有关联 |
[26:30] | Why did you ask about Dana Powell’s | 你为什么要问黛娜·鲍威尔 |
[26:31] | bedroom being downstairs? | 卧室在楼下的事 |
[26:34] | It was nothing. | 没什么 |
[26:36] | My brain’s struggling to bring a hazy scene into focus. | 我的大脑试图将模糊的线索集中起来 |
[26:38] | I thought there might have been another witness | 我想或许会有另一位目击证人 |
[26:39] | with whom we could speak. | 我们可以询问一下 |
[26:41] | In any event, that is no longer the feature | 不管如何 我已经不再对 |
[26:43] | of Mrs. Powell’s property which interests me the most. | 鲍威尔女士的家那么感兴趣了 |
[26:46] | That distinction presently falls… | 我现在关注的是 |
[26:49] | to this fence. | 这道围栏 |
[26:52] | The shooter entered and exited the property | 凶手是翻越这里 |
[26:54] | by climbing over it here. | 进出领地的 |
[26:57] | The evidence suggests he has a physical disability. | 证据表明他有着生理缺陷 |
[26:59] | There are easier points of egress and ingress, | 附近有着更容易的进出口 |
[27:02] | so why choose this one? | 那为什么还要选择这里 |
[27:05] | So he wouldn’t be seen? | 为了不被看到 |
[27:07] | Mm, that in turn raises other questions. | 那就引发了另一个问题 |
[27:09] | In both of the previous murders, | 在之前的两起谋杀中 |
[27:11] | the killer was in close proximity to his victims | 当凶手扣下扳机时 |
[27:13] | when he pulled the trigger. | 与受害者靠得很近 |
[27:14] | Right in their personal space. | 都在他们的私人空间里 |
[27:16] | He shot Mr. Duncan in his own kitchen. | 他在邓肯先生的厨房里杀了他 |
[27:19] | Maybe Duncan knew him, trusted him. | 也许邓肯认识他 信任他 |
[27:21] | Here, in contrast, we have a ham-fisted attempt | 而在这里 鲍威尔夫人在穿过后院时 |
[27:24] | to sneak up on Mrs. Powell through her backyard. | 有人笨拙地试图从后面偷袭她 |
[27:27] | It’s out of character. | 这不符合凶手的作案手法 |
[27:28] | Something’s different. | 感觉不对劲 |
[27:32] | You two need to see this. | 你俩得看一下这个 |
[27:37] | The police are sure it was the Aceway Killer? | 警方确认是”艾斯维”杀手袭击你吗 |
[27:40] | Well, I don’t see how there could be any doubt. | 我觉得这个推测很合理 |
[27:41] | My husband was on Flight 1059. | 我丈夫就在1059次航班上 |
[27:44] | Are you afraid he might come after you again? | 你害怕他可能会再次袭击你吗 |
[27:46] | No, I’m not afraid, I’m angry. | 我不害怕 我很愤怒 |
[27:49] | The man who’s doing this seems to have a problem | 行凶者似乎对 |
[27:52] | with the way certain families may be compensated by the airline. | 空难赔偿金的分配很不满 |
[27:56] | He seems to think that everyone should be treated the same. | 他认为所有人都应该被同等对待 |
[28:00] | But you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[28:01] | My husband was a commodities broker. | 我丈夫曾是客户经理 |
[28:04] | He made something of himself. | 他生前大有作为 |
[28:05] | He worked hard, he earned millions. | 他拼命工作 赚了几百万 |
[28:09] | What exactly are you saying, Mrs. Powell? | 你到底想说什么 鲍威尔夫人 |
[28:12] | Well, I’m sorry, but I’m supposed to stand here | 很抱歉 但我如何能站在这里 |
[28:13] | and say that my husband wasn’t worth more than a teacher? | 同意我丈夫的命不如一个教师 |
[28:18] | Or a waitress? | 或一个服务员 |
[28:19] | Or a garbage man? | 一个清洁工有价值呢 |
[28:20] | Nick made something of himself. | 尼克生前很有作为 |
[28:22] | So did some of the other people on that plane. | 那架飞机上还有些人生前也是如此 |
[28:25] | Why shouldn’t they be recognized? | 他们的价值为何不能得到认可 |
[28:27] | Why shouldn’t their families receive more? | 他们的家庭为何不能得到更多赔偿 |
[28:30] | The term “Tone-deaf” comes to mind. | 我想到了”猪队友”这个词 |
[28:34] | How did she think that was gonna play to the guy on the street? | 她这番话让死在街头的人作何感想 |
[28:37] | Not to mention the Aceway boardroom. | 更别说艾斯维董事会了 |
[28:39] | If they’re still on the fence about settling claims | 如果他们还在支付定额赔偿金这事上 |
[28:41] | with fixed sums, they won’t be for long. | 犹豫不决 也不会太久了 |
[28:43] | She probably just gave the killer exactly what he wants. | 她也许恰恰给了凶手想要的 |
[28:48] | Nick made something of himself. | 尼克生前很有作为 |
[28:50] | So did some of the other people on that plane. | 那架飞机上还有些人生前也是如此 |
[28:53] | Why shouldn’t they be recognized? | 他们的价值为何不能得到认可 |
[28:55] | Why shouldn’t their families receive more? | 他们的家庭为何不能得到更多赔偿 |
[28:57] | Marcus called– the sketch from the gun dealer | 马库斯刚打来说 买枪那人的素描图 |
[28:59] | should be here soon. | 很快就会到 |
[29:00] | He’ll e-mail us once he gets it. | 他收到后会发给我们 |
[29:02] | Aceway Airlines released a statement an hour ago. | 艾斯维航空一小时前发出了一份声明 |
[29:05] | As expected, | 不出所料 |
[29:06] | they’re settling everyone’s claims via a fixed sum. | 他们将给所有家属定额赔偿金 |
[29:09] | Well, after that interview, | 那段采访播出后 |
[29:10] | I don’t think they had much choice. | 他们也没得选了 |
[29:11] | Interesting woman, no? | 这女人挺有意思 对吧 |
[29:13] | We saw none of this outrage this morning. | 今早没见她这么愤怒 |
[29:15] | Yet, the moment there’s a camera in front of her… | 但一站在摄像机前就不一样了 |
[29:17] | She lost her husband, | 她失去了她丈夫 |
[29:18] | and someone tried to kill her last night. | 昨晚还有人想杀了她 |
[29:21] | You think those details explain her outburst? | 你认为这些细节能解释她的愤怒吗 |
[29:23] | What, you think almost dying is a detail? | 你认为差点死掉是细节吗 |
[29:26] | Captain Gregson’s been keeping me apprised | 警方继续寻找和审问受益人 |
[29:28] | as the police continue to locate and question the beneficiaries. | 格雷森警监一直将有关消息告知于我 |
[29:32] | One of them, a woman who lost her son, | 有一个女人 失去了儿子 |
[29:34] | has been attending a grief counseling group | 在过去十个月里一直参加 |
[29:36] | for the last ten months. | 悲伤辅导小组 |
[29:37] | Freddy Duncan, the Aceway Killer’s second victim, | 弗雷迪·邓肯 “艾斯维”杀手杀死的第二个人 |
[29:40] | was also a member. | 也加入了那个小组 |
[29:43] | As was Dana Powell. | 黛娜·鲍威尔也是 |
[29:47] | Wait, what are you saying? | 慢着 你什么意思 |
[29:49] | You think she’s the killer? | 你认为她是凶手吗 |
[29:51] | I think she may be the killer. | 我认为她可能是凶手 |
[29:53] | Or at least one of them. | 或者至少参与其中了 |
[29:54] | We’ve still yet to identify the man with the limp. | 我们还没查明瘸腿之人的身份 |
[29:58] | Mrs. Powell and Mr. Duncan were known to chat | 鲍威尔夫人和邓肯先生在心理辅导前后 |
[30:00] | before and after meetings, | 都会聊天 |
[30:01] | so perhaps she was gathering information, gaining his trust. | 所以她可能是在收集信息 赢取信任 |
[30:04] | She might have done the same with Henry Wilseck, | 也许又在亨利·威赛克身上她故技重施 |
[30:06] | although we’ll never be able to confirm that. | 虽然我们无法证实这一点 |
[30:08] | Well, that doesn’t make sense. | 这没道理啊 |
[30:10] | I mean, her husband was a commodities broker. | 她丈夫是客户经理 |
[30:12] | He was in the prime of life. | 正处在人生的黄金阶段 |
[30:13] | She stood to make two, maybe three, times what she will now. | 她本能得到比现在多两三倍的赔偿金 |
[30:18] | Why would she go to all this trouble | 为何如此大费周章 |
[30:20] | just to have the airline pay her less? | 只为得到更少的赔偿呢 |
[30:22] | That’s precisely the question I’ve been asking myself. | 这就是我一直在问自己的问题 |
[30:29] | Yesterday, you asked me why I held on to your apartment. | 昨天 你问我为何租下你的公寓 |
[30:35] | You worry that I’m having second thoughts | 你担心我可能会后悔 |
[30:36] | about your return here. | 你搬回这里 |
[30:41] | I merely question your haste. | 我只是觉得你决定地太仓促 |
[30:44] | The timing of it all. | 处理地太着急了 |
[30:45] | So I took steps to keep your options open. | 所以我帮你留了后路 |
[30:50] | For your benefit. | 是为了你好 |
[30:51] | Do you want me living here or not? | 你到底想不想让我住在这里 |
[30:52] | I do– I have never wavered on that. | 想 这点从未动摇过 |
[30:55] | Even having you here the last few days | 你待在这里仅仅这几天 |
[30:57] | has had a measurable benefit to our process. | 就对我们的进展有很大裨益 |
[31:00] | Then what is it? | 那问题是什么 |
[31:01] | For a long time, I have argued | 长久以来 我一直主张 |
[31:03] | that you should fully embrace the life of a detective. | 你应该全然接受作为侦探的生活 |
[31:06] | You’ve always had a valid rebuttal. | 你总是有正当的反驳理由 |
[31:12] | I might not share your need for a more balanced existence, | 也许我不像你更向往平衡的生活方式 |
[31:15] | but I accept it. | 但我接受了 |
[31:17] | Now, abruptly, my words hold more truth for you. | 现在忽然间 你觉得我说的是对的 |
[31:23] | In your rush to shed the skin of your former self, | 你急于摒弃以前的自己 |
[31:25] | you’re abandoning your belongings | 就像逃离被污染的现场一般 |
[31:28] | as if leaving the site of a contamination. | 抛弃了自己拥有的东西 |
[31:30] | You think this is all about Andrew? | 你觉得我这么做是因为安德鲁 |
[31:32] | How could it not be? | 难道不是吗 |
[31:51] | I know that you and Andrew | 我知道你和安德鲁 |
[31:52] | were only together for a short while. | 在一起的时间不长 |
[31:57] | But I worry that, in the aftermath of a trauma, | 但我担心 历经创伤后 |
[31:59] | you might be… | 你可能会… |
[32:02] | overadjusting. | 矫枉过正 |
[32:05] | That moving back might not be | 搬回来也许不像 |
[32:06] | the progression that you believe it to be, | 你希望那样能有所进展 |
[32:10] | but might be a regression, | 而是一种倒退 |
[32:13] | a retreat into the safety of the known. | 退回了已知的安全空间 |
[32:19] | I suppose I just want to ensure | 我只是想确定 |
[32:20] | that I haven’t been too quick to encourage. | 我没有在拔苗助长 |
[32:23] | That I haven’t unwittingly cast myself | 没有在不知不觉间成了 |
[32:24] | in the role of enabler. | 你生活的决策者 |
[32:26] | Maybe I don’t know how much of this | 也许我不知道在经历这种不幸之后 |
[32:27] | is a reaction to what happened. | 我现在的反应是否正常 |
[32:29] | Maybe I do need a safe place right now. | 也许我确实需要一个安全的地方待着 |
[32:31] | Is that so bad? | 这很糟吗 |
[32:31] | Is there something wrong with me feeling like this is home? | 我认为你这里是家有错吗 |
[32:42] | It’s the sketch of the man | 这是在维吉尼亚州 |
[32:43] | who bought the gun in Virginia, | 买枪那人的素描图 |
[32:45] | the man with the limp. | 那个瘸腿男人 |
[32:48] | What if I told you | 要是我跟你说 |
[32:50] | that he died over a year ago? | 他一年前就死了 |
[32:52] | In a plane crash? | 死于空难 |
[32:54] | With 80 other people? | 和其他八十人一起呢 |
[33:00] | Nick Powell. | 尼克·鲍威尔 |
[33:01] | Dana’s husband? | 黛娜的丈夫吗 |
[33:03] | It’s not an exact match. | 也不算太像 |
[33:05] | Sketches rarely are. | 素描图总是有些出入 |
[33:08] | But look at the widow’s peak. | 但是看看额前的美人尖 |
[33:10] | Bridge of the nose. | 鼻梁 |
[33:14] | If you’re right, if her husband was | 如果你说对了 |
[33:16] | the one who bought the murder weapon… | 她丈夫买了那把凶器 |
[33:17] | Then I dare say I’m right, | 我敢说我也是对的 |
[33:18] | she’s involved in the killings. | 凶案一定跟她有关 |
[33:32] | The question remains: | 那还是原来的问题 |
[33:34] | why go to such lengths | 为何大费周章 |
[33:35] | to make the airline pay out less money? | 让航空公司少赔偿呢 |
[33:44] | Actually, I don’t think she would get less. | 实际上 我不觉得她拿到的少了 |
[33:46] | I think she’d get more. | 我认为她拿得更多了 |
[33:47] | Her husband’s life may not have been worth much after all. | 她丈夫的命也许还真不太值钱 |
[34:00] | According to an official press release from Aceway Airlines, | 根据艾斯维航空的一份官方新闻稿 |
[34:04] | the decision to expedite the claims process | 航空公司决定加快赔偿进度 |
[34:06] | was made in the hopes it will | 这一决定会使 |
[34:07] | allow the families affected by Flight 1059 | 深受1059次航班空难影响的家属 |
[34:11] | to find whatever closure they can as quickly as possible. | 尽快得到一丝慰藉 |
[34:14] | Aceway was quick to add, however, | 但艾斯维航空又立即补充 |
[34:16] | that this is not an admission of wrongdoing. | 他们没有承认这是一次过失 |
[34:23] | Penny? | 佩妮 |
[34:25] | You didn’t call me yesterday. | 你昨天没打给我 |
[34:28] | Someone tried to kill you and you didn’t… | 有人要杀你 可你却没… |
[34:32] | Why are you crying? | 你哭什么 |
[34:34] | A few friends called me | 几个朋友昨天 |
[34:35] | after they saw you on the news yesterday. | 看到你上新闻后打电话告诉我 |
[34:38] | They were… surprised | 他们听到你的话 |
[34:40] | by what you said. | 很惊讶 |
[34:41] | You don’t think I deserve more? | 你不觉得我应该得到更多吗 |
[34:45] | You remember when I graduated college? | 还记得我大学毕业那会儿吗 |
[34:48] | You couldn’t understand why Mom and Dad | 你无法理解为何爸妈 |
[34:50] | would pay for grad school for me, | 愿意供我念研究生 |
[34:52] | but not buy you a car. | 却不给你买车 |
[34:54] | Right after that, you left home. | 那之后 你就离开了家 |
[34:56] | And I’ve done fine for myself. | 然后我一直过得很好 |
[34:59] | Of course you have. | 当然了 |
[35:01] | You always do. | 你一向如此 |
[35:10] | Aceway’s settling. | 艾斯维航空准备赔偿了 |
[35:12] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[35:13] | You must be happy. | 你一定很开心 |
[35:14] | No, I’m… relieved. | 不 我如释重负 |
[35:16] | Now I don’t have to sell the house. | 现在我不用卖房子了 |
[35:18] | Not this year. | 今年是不用了 |
[35:27] | You know that I love you, right? | 你知道我是爱你的 对吧 |
[35:29] | That you can tell me anything. | 什么事你都可以告诉我 |
[35:31] | What would I have to tell you? | 我有什么要告诉你的 |
[35:33] | You’ve always had a… | 你一直对 |
[35:35] | fixation when it comes to money. | 金钱有一种执念 |
[35:38] | When it comes to what you… deserve. | 执着于你应得的东西 |
[35:42] | The person who killed those two men | 那个杀害了两人的凶手 |
[35:44] | seems to have one, too. | 似乎也是如此 |
[35:53] | I just want to help you. | 我只想帮帮你 |
[35:55] | I thought it was interesting, | 我觉得挺有趣的 |
[35:57] | the way he left that money behind. | 他留下那些钱的做法 |
[36:01] | The killer? | 那个凶手 |
[36:07] | Yesterday, he could’ve afforded me; | 昨天他还有足够的钱养我 |
[36:09] | today he can’t. | 今天就没了 |
[36:13] | The world is funny that way. | 世界就是这么奇妙 |
[36:20] | How much do you think you’re worth, Penny? | 你觉得自己的命值多少钱 佩妮 |
[36:31] | Dana Powell! Police! | 黛娜·鲍威尔 我们是警察 |
[36:33] | Open the door! We have a warrant! | 开门 我们有搜查令 |
[36:37] | I didn’t call them. | 我没有报警 |
[36:45] | We found these in your bedroom closet. | 我们在你的卧室衣柜里找到了这个 |
[36:48] | They match the impressions we found in your backyard. | 跟在你后院发现的鞋印吻合 |
[36:51] | That’s because you used these to make them. | 因为是你用这双鞋留下的 |
[36:54] | You faked the attempt on your life, didn’t you? | 你假装生命受到威胁 对吧 |
[36:56] | You don’t have to answer that question. | 你不必回答这个问题 |
[36:57] | These were your husband’s shoes. | 这些是你丈夫的鞋 |
[36:59] | Nick? | 尼克 |
[37:00] | Who was killed on Flight 1059? | 他是坐1059次航班遇难的 |
[37:02] | – So? – Mrs. Powell… | -所以呢 -鲍威尔夫人… |
[37:04] | This is really all about your husband, is it not? | 这其实都是为了你丈夫 对不对 |
[37:06] | Or, rather, the life that you had with him, | 或者说是为了你以前与他共享的生活 |
[37:08] | that you still believe you’re entitled to. | 你认为自己仍旧该拥有的生活 |
[37:10] | The life you had before tragedy struck. | 在悲剧降临前你过的生活 |
[37:13] | I’m not talking about the plane crash. | 我说的不是空难 |
[37:15] | I’m talking about the first tragedy. | 是第一场灾难 |
[37:17] | The gun dealer in Virginia identified your husband | 弗吉尼亚的枪支卖家认出 |
[37:19] | as the man he sold the gun to. | 是你丈夫买了那把枪 |
[37:22] | Nick lost partial use of one of his legs. | 尼克的一条腿功能受损 |
[37:24] | That’s why you moved your bedroom to the ground floor. | 所以你才把卧室搬到了一楼 |
[37:26] | He could no longer make it up the stairs. | 他没办法爬楼梯了 |
[37:28] | He also developed dysconjugate gaze, | 他还出现了眼球共轭运动不良的症状 |
[37:30] | a misalignment of the eyes due to weakened muscle control. | 因为肌肉控制力减弱导致的双眼无法对准 |
[37:33] | Both are symptoms of glioblastoma, | 两者都是恶性胶质瘤的症状 |
[37:35] | a highly aggressive brain tumor. | 是种致死率极高的脑部肿瘤 |
[37:38] | Now, a man develops a brain tumor, | 有个人得了脑瘤 |
[37:40] | his symptoms come on fast, | 症状发展极快 |
[37:42] | and then he buys a gun. | 接着他买了把枪 |
[37:44] | Now, maybe he was thinking about taking his own life. | 也许他想自我了结 |
[37:46] | Maybe he just wanted you to feel safe | 也许他希望他死后 |
[37:49] | after he was gone. | 你更加安全 |
[37:50] | Either way, it wasn’t long | 不管怎样 不久之后 |
[37:51] | before he started taking regular flights to Vermont. | 他开始频繁飞往佛蒙特州 |
[37:54] | Well, we were thinking about buying a second home in Stowe. | 我们打算在斯托[佛蒙特州滑雪胜地]再买栋房子 |
[37:56] | It’s not a crime to like to ski. | 喜欢滑雪不算犯法吧 |
[37:59] | Neither is physician-assisted suicide. | 医生协助自杀也不犯法 |
[38:02] | At least, not in Vermont. | 至少在佛蒙特州如此 |
[38:05] | Your husband was planning | 你丈夫打算 |
[38:06] | to establish residency, was he not? | 在那安顿下来 对吧 |
[38:08] | Looking to avail himself of the state’s laws. | 希望能利用该州的法律 |
[38:11] | Even if Nick had not died in a plane crash, | 即使尼克没在空难中遇害 |
[38:12] | I’m guessing he only had a few months to live. | 我猜他也只能活几个月了 |
[38:15] | You realized that | 你意识到 |
[38:15] | if the airline hired Arlen Schrader, | 如果航空公司雇了亚伦·施瑞德 |
[38:17] | his investigation would uncover your husband’s illness. | 他的调查会揭露你丈夫的绝症 |
[38:20] | He would factor in Nick’s tragically short life expectancy | 如果他算上尼克悲惨的命不久矣的因素 |
[38:22] | and you would receive a small amount. | 你能得到的赔偿金就非常少了 |
[38:26] | If the airline, however, paid a fixed sum, | 但如果公司按定额赔偿 |
[38:29] | you’d get millions. | 你能得到数百万 |
[38:30] | This is some tale you’re spinning. | 这只是你们的单方面猜测 |
[38:32] | But so far, I don’t hear a thing | 但目前为止 我没听到 |
[38:34] | that connects Mrs. Powell to any murders. | 任何证明鲍威尔夫人与凶案有关的证据 |
[38:35] | Her husband bought the gun | 他丈夫买的枪 |
[38:37] | that was used to kill Henry Wilseck and Freddy Duncan. | 是亨利·威赛克和弗雷迪·邓肯两案的凶器 |
[38:39] | That’s not in question. | 这点毋庸置疑 |
[38:41] | Now, neither is the fact that it was used | 而且那晚打向她家窗户的 |
[38:43] | to fire a bullet through her window the other night. | 那颗子弹也是从这把枪中射出的 |
[38:46] | Now, the gun hasn’t turned up. | 虽然枪暂时没找到 |
[38:48] | Doesn’t mean it won’t. | 不代表就找不到 |
[38:49] | Even without it, I like our chances. | 即使没有枪 我们胜算也很大 |
[38:52] | The Captain believes there might be a deal to be struck. | 警监相信我们可以为你求求情 |
[38:55] | That you will spend the bulk | 你的余生都将 |
[38:56] | of your remaining days in prison is… | 在牢里度过 这事… |
[38:58] | well, it’s a virtual certainty. | 已经板上钉钉了 |
[39:01] | What kind of prison, on the other hand… | 但 至于什么样的牢房… |
[39:05] | You can find yourself in a hole in the ground… | 可能在阴暗的地下 |
[39:07] | Or a room with a view. | 也可能有不错的视野 |
[39:08] | Somewhere with a yard, exercise equipment. | 带个院子 还有运动器材 |
[39:11] | More white-collar criminals than blue. | 狱友多些文明人 而不是地痞流氓 |
[39:14] | I mean… | 我说 |
[39:15] | it really just comes down to this, Mrs. Powell: | 这事真的就归结于一点了 鲍威尔夫人 |
[39:20] | what do you think you deserve? | 你觉得自己应得什么 |
[39:28] | Hey. I’ve got something to show you. | 我有东西给你看 |
[39:30] | It’s in the basement. | 在地下室 |
[39:49] | Is that a nail gun? | 那是射钉枪吗 |
[39:51] | Be right down! | 马上就下来 |
[39:52] | I’m gonna use the other door. | 我走另一扇门 |
[40:22] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[40:25] | I think you’ve taken me up | 我觉得你接受了 |
[40:26] | on my offer to store some of your things. | 我的提议在这里存放些东西 |
[40:29] | Well, I am not storing them, I am arranging them. | 不是存放 是在整理 |
[40:33] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[40:35] | It took me a while to get my balance again | 我花了一段时间才再次找回平衡 |
[40:37] | and I don’t want to lose that, I don’t want to give it up. | 我不想就这么失去 我不想放弃 |
[40:39] | So I decided to claim a little space of my own. | 所以我决定要一点自己的空间 |
[40:42] | In the basement. | 在地下室 |
[40:43] | Well, it’s not perfect, but it’ll be mine. | 这里虽不完美 但完全属于我 |
[40:46] | And for either of us to get down here, | 我们俩谁要下来 |
[40:47] | we’ll have to physically leave the Brownstone. | 都需要先从褐石屋里出来 |
[40:51] | I mean, maybe it sounds a little weird… | 也许这有点奇怪… |
[40:52] | No, not at all. | 一点也不 |
[40:54] | You know, I once walled myself into a section of 221B. | 我曾经一度把自己关在221B里 |
[40:59] | I did not leave access to a door, | 我没有出门 |
[41:00] | nor did I require one for several weeks. But, um… | 一连几周都待在屋里 但… |
[41:04] | Well, I’ll keep my bedroom upstairs | 我的卧室还在楼上 |
[41:06] | and I’ll work down here. | 只在这里办公 |
[41:07] | And I can have meetings with my own clients. | 也可以跟我自己的客户在这见面 |
[41:09] | This way, you’ll feel a little less like you’re enabling me. | 这样 你就不会觉得全是你在为我做决定了 |
[41:14] | Um, I’m going to need a couple of days | 我需要几天时间 |
[41:16] | to clear some things out. | 把一些东西清出去 |
[41:18] | Some, uh, experiments. | 一些实验 |
[41:20] | Prolonged exposure could present a… | 长时间处于这样的环境中可能 |
[41:23] | health risk. | 会健康有害 |
[41:24] | All right, I’m not going to stop you. | 行 我不拦着你 |
[41:27] | Well, then, I suppose I should see someone | 这样的话 我也该约见别人 |
[41:29] | about backing out of a lease. | 谈谈撤销租约的事了 |