时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I understand how the cartel is running now. | 我明白贩毒集团是如何运作的了 |
[00:04] | You forced all of your husband’s key lieutenants out | 你把你丈夫手下的重要副手都踢出局 |
[00:07] | and replaced them with women. | 换成了女人 |
[00:08] | I know how crazy this is making you. | 我知道你很痴迷于此 |
[00:11] | Trying to convince everyone I’m some sort of mastermind? | 想向所有人证明我是罪犯头子 |
[00:15] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[00:16] | You have the right to remain silent | 你有权保持沉默 |
[00:17] | and refuse to answer questions. | 并拒绝回答问题 |
[00:19] | Hey, my dad called this afternoon. | 我爸今天下午来电话了 |
[00:21] | He wants to take us out to dinner. | 他想请我们吃晚餐 |
[00:23] | I’m sorry it’s taken so long for us to get together. | 过了这么久我们才有见面的机会 真是遗憾 |
[00:25] | You’re remarkable. | 你非常了不起 |
[00:27] | You know, you might have to accept the fact that, | 你和安德鲁的感情 |
[00:29] | whatever your relationship with Andrew means, | 并不是你真正想要的东西 |
[00:31] | you just don’t want it. | 你应该尝试接受这点 |
[00:33] | Then what do I want? | 那我想要的是什么 |
[00:34] | Skim-milk latte for Joan | 乔恩的脱脂牛奶拿铁和 |
[00:36] | and whole-milk latte for Andrew. | 安德鲁的全脂牛奶拿铁 |
[00:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:39] | Oh. Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[00:43] | Skim milk. | 脱脂牛奶 |
[00:44] | I think you gave me the wrong one. Oh. | 你给错了 |
[00:46] | Oh, my God. What’s wrong? | 上帝 怎么了 |
[00:50] | Oh, my God. Somebody call an ambulance! | 上帝 快叫救护车 |
[00:53] | Andrew. Andrew. | 安德鲁 安德鲁 |
[01:20] | Six days ago, | 六天以前 |
[01:21] | my boyfriend Andrew Mittal drank coffee | 我男友安德鲁·米塔尔 |
[01:23] | from a cup with my name on it. | 喝了写着我名字杯子里的咖啡 |
[01:25] | It was laced with hemlock. | 里面加有毒芹 |
[01:28] | He died before the ambulance got there. | 救护车来之前他就不治而亡 |
[01:32] | There was a woman in the coffee shop | 当时在咖啡店里 |
[01:33] | wearing a blue leather jacket. | 有个穿着蓝色皮衣的女士 |
[01:36] | She bumped into me when I was picking up our drinks. | 我去拿咖啡的时候她撞了我一下 |
[01:40] | Her name is Marion Desjardins. | 她叫玛丽恩·德嘉斯汀 |
[01:42] | She’s a French immigrant living in the United States | 她是一名现居美国的法国移民 |
[01:44] | with a visa from your old company. | 持有你前雇主签发的签证 |
[01:47] | We bring in lots of people from overseas. | 我们有很多海外雇员 |
[01:51] | Consultants, mostly. | 大多数都是顾问 |
[01:53] | Ms. Desjardins is an assassin. | 德嘉斯汀小姐是一名杀手 |
[01:56] | After we I.D.’d her | 在我们确认了她的身份之后 |
[01:57] | we got a warrant, | 我们拿到了搜查证 |
[01:57] | to search her apartment and found the hemlock plants. | 得以搜查她的公寓 并找到了毒芹 |
[02:01] | She confessed to dosing my coffee, | 她对向我咖啡内下毒一事供认不讳 |
[02:03] | but claims it was a random crime | 但声称这只是一起随机案件 |
[02:05] | that had nothing to do with you. | 与你并没有任何关系 |
[02:08] | So, how much are you paying her for that? | 所以 你是付了她多少钱 |
[02:11] | Even if you could get her to admit that I paid her– | 就算她向你承认我付了她钱 |
[02:14] | which, by the way, I didn’t– | 当然我没有 |
[02:18] | I’m already in this prison until I die. | 我已经被判终身监禁了 |
[02:21] | Thanks to you. | 多亏了你 |
[02:23] | So… | 所以 |
[02:25] | what are you doing here, Joan? | 乔恩 你来这里做什么 |
[02:27] | Andrew was brilliant and kind. | 安德鲁聪明又可亲 |
[02:31] | This rivalry is between you and me. | 我们俩的积怨不牵扯旁人 |
[02:33] | How can you be so naive? | 你怎么会这么天真 |
[02:36] | If he was involved with you, | 如果他和你有牵扯 |
[02:39] | he was involved with me. | 那他就和我有牵扯 |
[02:42] | Take her away. | 带她走 |
[02:45] | You say this guy Andrew was your boyfriend? | 你说这个叫安德鲁的人是你男朋友 |
[02:48] | The way I heard it, you were breaking up with him that day. | 可我听说 你那天是要和他分手的 |
[02:52] | That must feel terrible. | 你肯定感觉糟透了 |
[03:00] | We can’t really do anything with the fact | 尽管伊莱娜·马奇知道 |
[03:02] | that Elana March said she knows | 你当时和安德鲁谈话的内容 |
[03:03] | what you and Andrew were talking about, | 我们也没办法做任何事 |
[03:05] | because there was a lot of people in that coffee shop, | 因为咖啡店里当时有很多人 |
[03:08] | and she could have heard that from anyone. | 而她也有可能从任何人那里听说这些内容 |
[03:10] | Now, that being said, I know the warden over there, | 说到这里 我认识那里的典狱长 |
[03:14] | and he did a spot check on her cell tonight. | 他今晚临时抽查了她的牢房 |
[03:17] | He found enough contraband in there | 他找到的违禁品 |
[03:19] | to put her in isolation for a week or two. | 足以让她在监禁室待个一到两星期了 |
[03:22] | So she’s not gonna be talking | 与此同时 她不可能 |
[03:23] | to any of her friends for a while. | 和任意一个朋友交谈了 |
[03:26] | She’s not gonna come after me again. | 她现在肯定不可能再对付我 |
[03:28] | Not right away. | 现在是不可能 |
[03:30] | She’ll wait till things die down. | 她会等一切平息 |
[03:32] | But just to be safe, | 但为了保险起见 |
[03:34] | you should switch up your travel patterns, | 你应该改变自己的固定路线 |
[03:36] | and I’m gonna put a unit outside of your building. | 我也会派出一队警员在公寓楼外看守 |
[03:41] | We’ll keep you safe. | 我们会确保你安全 |
[03:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:54] | Watson, | 华生 |
[03:54] | I’ll continue to bring food over to your apartment | 如果你不愿意的话 |
[03:56] | if it’s not too much of an imposition. | 我会继续带食物去你的公寓 |
[03:58] | You have a number of things on your mind at the moment, | 你现在需要考虑的事情很多 |
[04:00] | and sustenance needn’t be one of them. | 生计问题不需要你操心 |
[04:03] | As for our collaboration, you just let me know | 至于我们的合作 等你准备好重新查案之后 |
[04:05] | when you’re ready to resume casework, | 告诉我一声就好 |
[04:07] | and I won’t intrude until then. | 在此之前我不会打扰你 |
[04:09] | Thanks. It’ll just be a couple more days. | 谢谢 再过几天就好 |
[04:13] | Do you have counsel? | 你有心理医生吗 |
[04:15] | It’s been almost a week since Andrew died. | 安德鲁去世已经一周了 |
[04:17] | You’ve said almost nothing about it. | 你几乎从未谈起过这件事 |
[04:18] | Which is your prerogative, of course. | 这当然是你的权力 |
[04:19] | I just… I want to be certain | 我就只是 我想确认 |
[04:21] | that you have someone to, discuss the matter with. | 你有可以倾诉此事的人 |
[04:24] | I’d offer my services if you don’t. | 如果你没有的话 可以找我 |
[04:29] | Andrew died because he knew me. | 安德鲁因为认识我而死 |
[04:31] | I don’t really know what else there is to say. | 我真的不知道该说什么才好 |
[04:38] | Mr. Holmes, thank you for agreeing to see me. | 福尔摩斯先生 谢谢你愿意见我 |
[04:41] | We’ve actually met before– sort of. | 我们其实见过 算是吧 |
[04:44] | I moderate the discussion boards at BeeCircuit.Com. | 我是蜂圈网讨论版的版主 |
[04:50] | You’re BeeBeeKing17. | 你是蜂蜂王17 |
[04:52] | I am. | 我是 |
[04:53] | You’re a detective. | 你是一名侦探 |
[04:54] | I know from your posts. | 我从你的帖子里看出来的 |
[04:56] | I have a bit of a problem… | 我算是有个问题 |
[04:58] | I’m gonna stop you right there, Mr. Joseph. | 我要打断你了 约瑟夫先生 |
[05:00] | I can’t help you. | 我没办法帮助你 |
[05:01] | You don’t know what I’m asking. | 你都不知道我要说什么 |
[05:02] | I don’t need to. | 我不用知道 |
[05:04] | In the four years I’ve frequented your Web site, | 在过去的四年中 我是你网站的常客 |
[05:07] | I’ve sent you no fewer than 13 letters | 我给你发了不下13封站内信 |
[05:09] | detailing my proposed solutions to the phenomenon | 建议解决这个叫做 |
[05:11] | known as colony collapse disorder. | 蜂群衰竭失调现象的方法 |
[05:13] | You have sent me exactly zero replies. | 你给我的回复为零 |
[05:17] | You know how much correspondence I get? | 你知道我每天收到多少站内信吗 |
[05:19] | I’ve got no idea. | 我没知道 |
[05:20] | I do know, however, | 但是我确实知道 |
[05:21] | that mine is backed by quality thinking. | 我的信件是经过深思熟虑的 |
[05:24] | If you’d bothered to find that out, | 如果你都懒得发现这一点的话 |
[05:25] | you wouldn’t find yourself without a detective | 就算有个侦探帮你 |
[05:27] | in your hour of need. | 你也满足不了自己的需求 |
[05:32] | Is there some way that I can make this up to you? | 我能不能用任何方式补偿你呢 |
[05:35] | I suppose, if you were to publish my theories | 我想 如果你之前将我有关伽马射线的理论 |
[05:36] | on gamma rays as a potential solution to CCD, | 当做可能解决蜂群衰竭失调的方法之一 |
[05:39] | then I might be able to hear you out. | 那我也许可以听你说一说 |
[05:41] | Gamma rays? | 伽马射线 |
[05:43] | They… they’ve worked in a couple instances, | 他们在一些案例中确实有效 |
[05:45] | but they… they don’t scale as an answer. | 但不能作为普遍的解决方式 |
[05:47] | They’re too dangerous. | 太危险了 |
[05:47] | You give John Q. Beekeeper access to gamma rays, | 要是养蜂人先生都能接触伽马射线了 |
[05:49] | he’ll melt his face off. | 他会把自己的脸射融掉的 |
[05:50] | A fact I addressed in my most recent letter. | 而我在我最近的信件中也提到了这一点 |
[05:53] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:55] | Yeah, I’ll put it on the site. | 我会在站上发表的 |
[05:58] | I also require that you change your online user name. | 我还要求你变更自己的线上用户名 |
[06:00] | The cheap punnery of “BeeBeeKing17” | 蜂蜂王17这个名字 |
[06:03] | is offensive to musicians and apiarists alike. | 冒犯了音乐家和养蜂人 |
[06:11] | You’ll make the change? | 你会改吗 |
[06:14] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[06:16] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:18] | So what seems to be the problem? | 那你遇到了什么麻烦 |
[06:21] | How do you feel about a field trip? | 你想不想去走一走 |
[06:26] | I’m the assistant curator of mammals here. | 我是这里的动物管理员 |
[06:29] | Your problem concerns zebras. | 你的麻烦是关于斑马的 |
[06:31] | More specifically, the complete lack thereof. | 确切的说 是没有斑马的问题 |
[06:34] | You’ve managed to lose track of your zebras? | 你弄丢了你的斑马吗 |
[06:37] | Someone broke in here and took them last night. | 昨晚有人闯入带走了它们 |
[06:40] | Two females. They’re on loan to us | 两只雌性 它们是暂借给我们的 |
[06:42] | because we’re experts in equine breeding. | 因为我们是马类繁殖专家 |
[06:44] | Breeding? | 繁殖 |
[06:46] | Both the stolen animals are pregnant. | 被偷的两匹斑马都怀孕了 |
[06:49] | And they’re due in less than a week. | 而且一周内就要生产了 |
[07:31] | Detective Bell, you’re here. Excellent. | 贝尔警探 你来啦 太好了 |
[07:34] | No, it’s not Detective Bell today. | 今天不用叫我贝尔警探 |
[07:36] | The department told me I had too many vacation days built up, | 局里说我攒了太多的假期 |
[07:39] | so I had to use them or lose them. | 不放就没有了 |
[07:41] | I’m aware you’re off duty. | 我知道你放假了 |
[07:42] | In fact, that’s exactly why I asked you here. | 事实上 正因如此我才叫你来 |
[07:44] | I’ve picked up some potentially interesting work | 我接了一件有趣的案子 |
[07:46] | involving stolen zebras. | 有斑马被偷了 |
[07:48] | I thought it might be an opportunity | 我觉得可能是一个好机会 |
[07:49] | for you to gain more exposure to my methods. | 让你见识一下我的手法 |
[07:51] | You want me to work a case with you? | 你想让我和你一起办案 |
[07:54] | An informal setting is a more fertile learning environment, | 非正式环境有助于更好地学习 |
[07:57] | don’t you think? | 不是吗 |
[07:58] | Think of it is a favor. | 就当是给你个福利 |
[07:59] | So I’ll work for you, and somehow you’re doing me a favor? | 我为你工作 却是给我的福利 |
[08:02] | Well, I do owe you a debt. | 我确实欠你的 |
[08:03] | You’ll recall the unfortunate business with you and the bullet. | 你是否记得你与子弹的那件糗事 |
[08:05] | I remember when you got me shot. | 我记得你让我挨了枪子 |
[08:08] | Look, I get it– you want somebody to talk at, | 我明白的 你想找个人说话 |
[08:10] | but you don’t want to bother Joan right now? | 但是目前不想去打扰乔恩 |
[08:12] | I will pay you. | 我付钱给你 |
[08:14] | I’m already getting paid today. | 我今天已经领过工资了 |
[08:15] | A donation to the charity of your choice, then. | 那就给你选的慈善组织捐钱好了 |
[08:17] | How’d you know I didn’t have plans for the day? | 你怎么知道我今天没有计划的 |
[08:19] | People who are forced by their employers to take time off | 那些被老板强迫放假的人 |
[08:21] | don’t generally have thriving social lives. | 一般来说没有什么私人生活 |
[08:24] | My rate to the Harlem Youth Club. | 我去哈莱姆青年俱乐部的价钱 |
[08:26] | You keep track of the hours. | 按小时计算 |
[08:30] | So you think someone just led a couple zebras | 你认为某人将两匹斑马 |
[08:32] | out the back door and drove away? | 从后门带上车开走了吗 |
[08:34] | They had to get the animals out of here somehow. | 他们肯定要找个把动物带走的方法 |
[08:36] | This loading dock is the only | 这个装货区是唯一一个 |
[08:37] | relatively private means of egress. | 相对来说比较隐蔽的出口 |
[08:40] | I examined the scene before you arrived, | 你来之前我检查过现场 |
[08:42] | and there were several fresh hoofprints in the soil | 在某个门附近的土地上有一些 |
[08:44] | near one of the doors. | 比较新鲜的蹄印 |
[08:46] | Saw a few security cameras in the zoo. | 我看到动物园里有监控摄像头 |
[08:47] | – Have you seen the footage? – There isn’t any. | -你看过录像了吗 -什么都没有 |
[08:50] | Not coincidentally, the power to the cameras | 并非巧合 那些摄像头的电源 |
[08:51] | was knocked out shortly before the robbery. | 在抢劫之前都被短暂地切断了 |
[08:54] | And that didn’t trip an alarm? | 这样都没触发警报吗 |
[08:55] | This is a zoo– I don’t think burglary | 这是个动物园 我觉得一般劫匪 |
[08:58] | is generally of paramount concern. | 不会对这地方有太大兴趣 |
[09:00] | Now, there are two sets of tire tracks within the loading dock. | 目前在装货区有两组车胎印 |
[09:04] | Tread is identical, but one set of tracks | 胎面相同 但是一组胎印 |
[09:06] | is approximately one centimeter deeper than the other. | 比另一组深一公分 |
[09:09] | If you need me to translate | 如果你想让我用 |
[09:10] | that into the idiom of American exceptionalism, | 比较日常的用语来进行表达的话 |
[09:13] | a centimeter is about a third of an inch. | 一公分等于一厘米 |
[09:14] | I got it, thanks. | 我知道的 谢谢解答 |
[09:15] | So the first set of tracks is when they drove up; | 所以第一组胎印是他们来时留下的 |
[09:18] | the second one’s deeper because | 第二组比较深是因为 |
[09:19] | they had zebras in the back when they drove away. | 他们开走的时候车上载着斑马 |
[09:22] | Well deduced, Detective Bell. | 推理得很棒 贝尔警探 |
[09:23] | I knew you’d make good company. | 我就知道你是个好搭档 |
[09:25] | Let me ask you something– what do you think would happen | 请允许我问个问题 你觉得如果 |
[09:27] | if you call me by my first name? | 你直接叫我的名字会如何 |
[09:29] | You worried I’ll take away | 你怕我会抢走 |
[09:30] | your blood pudding or something? | 你的血布丁还是什么 |
[09:31] | What? No. | 什么 不会 |
[09:33] | Good. ‘Cause I don’t even know what blood pudding is. | 那就好 我也不知道血布丁是什么玩意 |
[09:36] | “Marcus” Works just fine. | 叫我马库斯就可以了 |
[09:40] | Looks like they scraped against the gate on the way out. | 看起来他们出来的时候刮到门了 |
[09:43] | So we’re looking for a purple truck | 看来我们要找的是一辆紫色货车 |
[09:45] | with two pregnant zebras in the back. | 后面装着两匹怀孕的斑马 |
[09:47] | These guys really know how to keep a low profile. | 这些人还真是懂怎么保持低调 |
[09:50] | That might be better camouflage than it seems. | 这伪装没准比看起来的要好 |
[09:53] | That shade of purple is a proprietary color | 这种紫色是一种专利颜色 |
[09:55] | owned by Axiom Parcel Delivery, or APD. | 是公理快递公司 简称APD公司专有的 |
[09:59] | It’s almost impossible to reproduce | 如果没有公司的同意 |
[10:01] | without the company’s consent. | 是几乎不可能生产的 |
[10:02] | So, if you can’t reproduce the color, | 所以如果有了这种颜色 |
[10:04] | that means the thieves stole an APD truck. | 就说明劫匪偷了一辆APD货车 |
[10:07] | Or they drive one. | 或是本就是他们开的车 |
[10:08] | Anyway, we should find out if a truck’s been stolen. | 不管怎样 我们应该看看有没有货车被偷 |
[10:10] | Then what? I mean, these guys aren’t gonna be dumb enough | 然后呢 那些家伙不可能蠢到 |
[10:12] | to drive around with plates that have been reported stolen. | 开着一辆挂着已知被偷的车牌的车乱走 |
[10:14] | License plates aren’t the only way | 车牌号不是寻找那辆货车的 |
[10:15] | to find that truck, Detective Bell. | 唯一途径 贝尔警探 |
[10:18] | It’s “Marcus.” | 请叫我马库斯 |
[10:24] | – Hello? – In here. | -你好 -在这里 |
[10:30] | Why is your picture on the wall at the Indian place? | 为什么印地安餐厅那里有你的照片 |
[10:33] | Oh. I helped the owner’s family resolve a misunderstanding | 我帮助那里店主的家人解决了一场 |
[10:37] | having to do with caste system, and they were very grateful. | 关于种姓问题的误会 他们很感激 |
[10:40] | And now you’re weighing a toaster? | 而你现在正在给烤面包机称重 |
[10:41] | Finally got through | 终于搞定了 |
[10:42] | to Axiom Parcel Delivery’s corporate office. | 公理快递公司的法务办公室 |
[10:45] | It seems one of their trucks was stolen | 看来他们确实被偷了一辆卡车 |
[10:46] | eight days ago in Queens. | 八天前 在皇后区 |
[10:48] | Apparently, the driver left one of the vehicles running | 显然 某位司机没把车熄火 |
[10:50] | when he went inside on a home delivery, | 就去屋里送件了 |
[10:52] | and when he emerged, the truck and its cargo were gone. | 当他出来时 货车和货物都不见了 |
[10:55] | Very likely, that’s the truck used in the zoo robbery. | 那辆车很可能被用来抢劫动物园了 |
[10:59] | You say that like it explains why you’re weighing a toaster. | 你那样子好像是在解释为什么要称烤面包机 |
[11:02] | APD were kind enough | APD很慷慨地 |
[11:03] | to send over the truck’s manifest for that day. | 送来了那天货车上的载货单 |
[11:06] | I have listed it here. | 我这里有个清单 |
[11:08] | For each package, we know the sender’s address, | 每个包裹 我们都知道送货人的地址 |
[11:11] | the recipient’s address and the weight of each parcel. | 收货人的地址 还有每个包裹的重量 |
[11:14] | Using that information, I’m attempting to identify | 根据这些信息 我正在尝试辨认 |
[11:16] | the contents of each box. | 每个包裹里的物件 |
[11:18] | I’m weighing the probable objects that I have handy, | 我在给手边的可能物体称重 |
[11:21] | and relying on weights listed online for ones that I do not. | 手边没有的我就去网上查 |
[11:24] | How is this supposed to help us? | 这怎么可能帮到我们 |
[11:27] | It already has. Package number 27. | 已经帮到了 二十七号包裹 |
[11:30] | From Pet Junction in Chicago to Seth Buxton, Bayside– | 从芝加哥的宠物联结到贝赛德的赛斯·巴克斯 |
[11:34] | 12 pounds, nine ounces. | 十二镑九盎司[十一斤] |
[11:36] | The weight of the package is the sum of the weights | 包裹的总重量里包含了 |
[11:37] | of a water bowl, a package of canine treats and a tail trail. | 一个水盆 一包训犬饼干和一个追踪带 |
[11:41] | What’s a tail trail? | 什么是追踪带 |
[11:42] | It’s a pet collar | 是一种宠物项圈 |
[11:43] | which features a GPS tracking chip. | 上边有着全球定位芯片 |
[11:45] | The collar comes precharged, | 项圈是预先充好电的 |
[11:46] | which means the tracking chip is already active, | 也就是说追踪芯片在打开之前 |
[11:48] | even before it’s opened, so if we can find the tracking chip, | 就已经激活了 如果我们能找到追踪芯片 |
[11:51] | we might be able to find the stolen truck. | 我们也许就能找到被偷的货车 |
[11:53] | Or it’ll take us to some guy who bought stolen pet supplies. | 或是带我们找到某个买了被偷货物的家伙 |
[11:57] | Either way, it’s a leap we did not have one hour ago. | 不管怎样 这是我们一小时前没有的线索 |
[12:01] | How much chili powder’s in here? | 这里放了多少辣椒粉 |
[12:03] | The restaurant has instructions | 餐厅被要求 |
[12:04] | to make my orders as picante as they can. | 把我的餐点弄得尽可能辣 |
[12:06] | Did you tell them you were ordering for two? | 你跟他们说是给两个人订的了吗 |
[12:08] | No. | 没有 |
[12:10] | I’ll go tech assist. | 我打给技术部门 |
[12:11] | They should have GPS on the collar soon. | 他们应该很快能定位项圈的位置 |
[12:13] | Then I guess I’ll order another lunch. | 然后我得给自己订午饭 |
[12:18] | Looks like the guy who stole the truck | 看来偷车的人 |
[12:20] | just dumped the boxes here. | 把盒子都扔在这里了 |
[12:26] | So, uh… | 那个… |
[12:29] | how’s Joan doing anyway? | 乔恩还好吗 |
[12:30] | I haven’t seen her since the funeral. | 葬礼后就没再见过她了 |
[12:32] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[12:34] | All I know is, she’s not doing well, | 我只知道她过得不好 |
[12:35] | but other than that, she’s not confided in me. | 除了这点 她什么都没告诉我 |
[12:38] | So when you two aren’t working a case, | 你俩什么时候开始不出双入对地办案了 |
[12:40] | what happens? | 怎么了 |
[12:41] | You just sit around in contemplative silence? | 你打算就此沉默 袖手旁观吗 |
[12:43] | I’m not opposed to a productive silence, | 沉默有用时 我不反对沉默 |
[12:45] | but in this case, I have offered to listen. | 但在这件事上 我跟她说我愿意倾听 |
[12:48] | My first partner was involved in a shooting | 我的第一个搭档 在刚入职八周时 |
[12:52] | eight weeks into the job. | 经历了枪击案 |
[12:54] | I let him walk around with PTSD for the next six months. | 此后六个月 他患上创伤性后遗症 |
[12:57] | I offered to help, too, | 我也跟他说我想帮忙 |
[12:58] | but we didn’t get anywhere until I insisted. | 但在我坚持要帮他以后 他才好转 |
[13:04] | You find something? | 找到什么了吗 |
[13:06] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:07] | It’s a receipt. | 是张发票 |
[13:09] | Or at least, it was. | 至少之前是的 |
[13:14] | Modern receipts are printed often with thermal ink. | 当今发票上的墨水都经过高温处理 |
[13:18] | It helps the text appear sharp and clean. | 有助于文字更清晰可见 |
[13:20] | Trouble is, it fades rather quickly. | 问题是 褪色褪得特别快 |
[13:23] | Unless you heat it. | 除非将其加热 |
[13:25] | Precisely. | 没错 |
[13:29] | “855 North Sullivan Street, Brooklyn” | 布鲁克林 沙利文北街855号 |
[13:32] | It is, apparently, | 这很显然是 |
[13:33] | the address of “Criterion Equine Veterinary Services” | “标准马匹兽医服务所”的地址 |
[13:37] | A horse hospital. | 一家马匹医院 |
[13:38] | This may not be here by coincidence. | 这东西出现在这里不是偶然 |
[13:41] | Someone here might have something | 说不定这附近有人 |
[13:42] | to do with our stolen zebras. | 跟这桩斑马盗窃案有关联 |
[13:48] | I’m sorry I should come over without announcing myself. | 很抱歉没提前打招呼就来了 |
[13:50] | I was cleaning out Andrew’s apartment. | 我在清理安德鲁的住处 |
[13:53] | Those items belong to you, I assume? | 我想这些东西都是你的吧 |
[13:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:58] | Um, would you like to, uh… | 你想… |
[14:00] | I really need to be going. | 我得走了 |
[14:01] | Uh, Mr. Mittal, | 米塔尔先生 |
[14:03] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:07] | I know that I said that to you at the service already, | 我知道我在葬礼上跟您说过了 |
[14:09] | but I wanted to say it again. | 但我想再说一次 |
[14:10] | I… I can’t help but feel responsible | 安德鲁的死 |
[14:14] | for what happened to Andrew. | 我要负很大责任 |
[14:19] | My wife says you believe | 我妻子说 |
[14:20] | a woman named Elana March killed my son? | 你认为是伊莱娜·马奇杀了我儿子 |
[14:27] | Did Andrew know you put her in jail? | 安德鲁知道是你把她送进监狱的吗 |
[14:30] | We talked about it. | 我们谈过这件事 |
[14:32] | Do you think he realized you might become a target? | 你觉得他知道你可能会遭人暗算吗 |
[14:38] | To be honest, we hadn’t really talked | 说实话 我们有一段时间 |
[14:40] | about Elana March in a while. | 没有提起伊莱娜·马奇了 |
[14:44] | I don’t hold you responsible for Andrew’s death. | 安德鲁的死 我不会怪在你头上 |
[14:46] | You didn’t poison him. | 不是你下毒害死他的 |
[14:49] | But given everything I’ve learned about this woman, | 但据我对这个女人的了解 |
[14:51] | it’s not unreasonable to think she’d take measures against you. | 她想办法报复你 也不是没有可能 |
[14:56] | You have guards. | 你现在有保镖 |
[14:57] | You’ve taken every precaution now. | 你现在已经采取防范措施了 |
[15:02] | I wish you’d done more before. | 要是你以前这么小心就好了 |
[15:12] | So we made it to Criterion Equine. | 我们到兽医所了 |
[15:14] | What do we do, go in there | 现在怎么做 |
[15:15] | and listen for hoofbeats? | 进去听马蹄声吗 |
[15:18] | I’m confident something will present itself | 我相信只要我们进去 |
[15:19] | once we’re inside. | 就一定有所发现 |
[15:24] | Something like the purple truck we’ve been looking for? | 比如我们一直在寻找的紫色卡车吗 |
[16:24] | Why go through the trouble of stealing two zebras | 为什么要费这么大劲去偷两匹斑马 |
[16:27] | if you’re just gonna dump them | 如果偷它们只是为了在十二小时后 |
[16:28] | in a warehouse 12 hours later? | 把它们丢进一个仓库呢 |
[16:35] | Technically… | 严格来说… |
[16:37] | there should be four zebras here. | 这里应该有四匹斑马 |
[16:40] | Both of these mares are pregnant, remember? | 这两匹母马都怀孕了 记得吗 |
[16:51] | Although, this is Oxytocin. | 这是催生素 |
[16:54] | It’s mammalian neurohypophysial hormone, | 这是哺乳动物神经垂体激素 |
[16:57] | which is used to induce labor in quine species | 用于马匹类助产 |
[17:07] | Both of these animals have given birth since their kidnapping. | 这两匹马在被绑架之后都生产了 |
[17:10] | So the thief wanted the babies, but not the mothers? | 这么说这贼想要马宝宝 不要母马吗 |
[17:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:25] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[17:34] | 标准马匹兽医服务所 大卫·张 | |
[17:45] | Well, we were right about one thing. | 我们说对了一件事 |
[17:48] | Someone from Criterion Equine Services | 这家兽医服务所中 |
[17:50] | is involved in this crime. | 有人卷入了犯罪活动 |
[18:04] | David Chang was a vet at Criterion Equine. | 大卫·张是兽医所的兽医 |
[18:06] | Looks like he didn’t die from the first bullet. | 中第一枪时 他没死 |
[18:08] | We found some DNA under his fingernails | 我们在他的指甲里找到了DNA |
[18:10] | that must have come from the killer. | 应该属于凶手 |
[18:12] | Chang tried to fight after he got shot. | 在中枪后 张曾试图反击 |
[18:14] | What about our stripey friends? | 那两匹斑马呢 |
[18:16] | Well, both zebras are on their way back to the zoo. | 它们已经在回动物园的路上了 |
[18:18] | They should arrive within the hour. | 一个小时内就能到 |
[18:20] | CSU’s still got some things to finish up, | 鉴证组还在搜查 |
[18:22] | but here’s what I got so far. | 这是我目前的推理 |
[18:24] | David Chang and a partner steal an APD truck | 大卫·张和他的同伙上星期在皇后区 |
[18:27] | in Queens last week, | 偷了一辆APD卡车 |
[18:28] | which they use to transport two stolen zebras last night. | 他们昨晚用这辆车偷运了两匹斑马 |
[18:31] | Dr. Chang oversees the birth of the zebra foals | 今早 大卫·张负责监管两匹斑马 |
[18:34] | in this warehouse early this morning, | 在仓库产下小马驹 |
[18:35] | after which his partner shoots him | 然后 他的同伙开枪杀了他 |
[18:37] | and flees the scene with both newborns. | 带着两只斑马宝宝逃离了现场 |
[18:42] | Wrong. | 错 |
[18:42] | All right, what am I missing? | 好吧 我漏了什么线索 |
[18:46] | All the parts that matter. | 所有重要的线索 |
[18:47] | A man who is not David Chang steals an APD truck. | 有人偷了APD卡车 此人不是大卫·张 |
[18:50] | Said truck is then used to abduct two zebras. | 卡车是为了偷运斑马用的 |
[18:53] | Knowing that induced equine births can be quite troublesome, | 偷马贼知道马匹催生会很棘手 |
[18:55] | the zebra thief drives his truck to this warehouse, | 他把卡车开到了这间仓库 |
[18:58] | a mere 100 meters from a renowned horse infirmary | 离一家有名的马匹诊所不足一百米 |
[19:00] | with a renowned horse infirmarist. | 诊所里还有个著名的兽医 |
[19:03] | The delivery of the foals does indeed become troublesome. | 斑马生产确实很棘手 |
[19:05] | At which point, the zebra thief forcibly enlists the help | 这时 偷马贼用武力强迫大卫·张 |
[19:08] | of Dr. David Chang. | 让他帮忙 |
[19:09] | The good doctor delivers the foals, | 这位出色的医生顺利接生后 |
[19:11] | and is then shot to keep him quiet. | 被凶手灭口 |
[19:13] | I assume you got some evidence that supports that theory? | 你有证据证明你的推论吧 |
[19:16] | I had a look through David Chang’s phone | 在大卫·张的手机被收走之前 |
[19:18] | before it was carted off. | 我瞄了几眼 |
[19:19] | There are a myriad of texts from his wife | 他妻子给他发了无数条短信 |
[19:21] | wondering why he is late | 问他为什么错过 |
[19:22] | for a flight to Chicago an hour ago. | 一个小时前飞往芝加哥的航班 |
[19:24] | David Chang is an innocent victim, not a willing confederate. | 大卫·张只是受害者 不是同谋 |
[19:28] | I still don’t understand why the shooter would just | 我还是不明白为何凶手把卡车放在这儿 |
[19:30] | leave the truck here for us to find. | 让我们发现呢 |
[19:31] | Well, you can’t drive a truck with a broken rear axle. | 后轴坏了还怎么开 |
[19:34] | – Come again? – The rear axle of this truck is fractured. | -再说一遍 -卡车的后轴断了 |
[19:36] | Probably occurred when the zebra thief tried | 可能是偷马贼没用活动滑梯 |
[19:38] | to unload 1,500 pounds worth of zebra | 将一千五百磅的斑马运上车时 |
[19:41] | without any kind of ramp. | 不小心弄断的 |
[19:42] | This is an unfamiliar space. | 这是完全陌生的地方 |
[19:44] | The animals would have been quite panicked. | 动物们肯定受惊了 |
[19:47] | So, after the births in the warehouse, | 这么说 斑马在仓库生产后 |
[19:49] | the perp tries to drive away, but the truck won’t move, | 犯人想开车走 但是车坏了 |
[19:52] | so he takes the zebra foals | 所以他带着小斑马 |
[19:53] | and flees the scene in a different vehicle? | 开着另一辆车离开了犯罪现场 |
[19:56] | Probably an SUV, judging by the amount | 根据你身后街上的大量碎玻璃来看 |
[19:58] | of broken glass on the street behind you. | 可能是辆运动型多用途车 |
[20:03] | I’ll put out a “Find This” message | 我去发一张关于窗户破碎的 |
[20:04] | for an SUV with a broken window. | 越野车的通缉令 |
[20:06] | You and I, meanwhile, will make some calls to upstate New York. | 与此同时 我们给纽约北部打几个电话 |
[20:10] | “Federals Feeds, Thiells, New York.” | 联邦饲料店 西尔斯 纽约 |
[20:12] | Yeah. I think it’s the feed dispensary | 对 我觉得这就是窃贼 |
[20:14] | where our thief purchased all his hay. | 买干草的饲料店 |
[20:16] | Well, where’d you find this? | 你从哪找到的 |
[20:18] | ‘Cause CSU was already in there, and they didn’t find anything. | 现场调查组已经进去过了 没找到任何东西 |
[20:20] | Well, they failed to examine the zebra droppings. | 他们没有检查斑马的粪便 |
[20:26] | Lasagna is best eaten after a short cooling off period. | 千层面冷却一会之后最好吃 |
[20:29] | This should be at optimal temperature shortly. | 它马上就会降到最佳温度了 |
[20:33] | This is completely unnecessary, but… thanks. | 没必要这么麻烦 但还是谢了 |
[20:49] | If you’re gonna stay, you can work. | 如果你要留下了 你可以工作 |
[20:50] | I know you want to. | 我知道你想工作 |
[21:00] | You know, I-I pulled away from you last year | 你知道 我去年从你那里离开 |
[21:03] | because, um, | 是因为 |
[21:05] | I felt myself getting sucked into this world that you built. | 我觉得自己被困在你建造的世界里了 |
[21:14] | I wanted something normal. | 我想要一些正常的东西 |
[21:17] | Something that was mine. | 一些属于我的东西 |
[21:19] | Well, there’s nothing wrong with that. | 这并没有错 |
[21:22] | You have a right to your own space. | 你有权拥有自己的空间 |
[21:24] | Both physically and mentally. | 生理上和心理上的 |
[21:28] | I’m not sure that I do. | 我不确定 |
[21:31] | I don’t think I can keep our work | 我觉得我没法把我们的工作 |
[21:34] | and my private life separate. | 和我的私人生活分开 |
[21:37] | Just doesn’t seem possible. | 看起来完全不可能 |
[21:41] | Well, you already know that. | 你已经知道这个了 |
[21:41] | I mean, it’s part of the reason you live the way that you do. | 所以你才会那样生活 |
[21:44] | Yes, but my choices do not have to be your choices, Watson. | 但我的选择不一定要是你的选择 华生 |
[21:49] | I might be better off if they were. | 如果是的话我可能会更好 |
[21:55] | Andrew would have been better off. | 安德鲁也可能会更好 |
[22:05] | Wow, I really enjoyed that. | 这一刻真是太享受了 |
[22:07] | I’m so sorry. I didn’t intend to spend the night here. | 抱歉 我不是有意要在这里过夜的 |
[22:09] | I got caught up in my work. | 我的工作陷入了僵局 |
[22:11] | So what’s up with the maps? | 地图是怎么回事 |
[22:13] | Detective Bell and I are in pursuit of | 我和贝尔警探正在找 |
[22:14] | a pair of infant zebras. | 两只斑马幼崽 |
[22:16] | The man who stole them is also very likely a murderer. | 偷它们的人很可能是个谋杀犯 |
[22:19] | And last night, we determined that he bought zebra food | 昨晚我们认为他在一家叫联邦饲料的店里 |
[22:21] | and other supplies from a store called Federal Feeds. | 买了斑马的食物和其它必需品 |
[22:24] | We spoke to the store manager, and he confirmed | 我们跟店主谈过了 他确定 |
[22:26] | that he sold supplies to a man | 上周四他把东西卖给了一个 |
[22:28] | driving an APD delivery truck last Thursday. | 开着APD快递卡车的人 |
[22:31] | Great, so you have a description. | 很好 所以你有了嫌犯描述 |
[22:32] | Yes and no. | 是也不是 |
[22:33] | The only details to emerge was that | 唯一的细节就是 |
[22:35] | he was six foot tall and caucasian. | 他身高一米八 是白种人 |
[22:37] | The manager did recall that the man had been | 经理记起那个男的 |
[22:39] | complaining about a hailstorm the night before. | 一直在抱怨前夜下的冰雹 |
[22:41] | And you’re looking at | 而你在看 |
[22:42] | Rockland county weather maps from– | 罗克兰德县的天气地图 |
[22:44] | When did you say the guy bought supplies? Thursday? | 你说那人是什么时候买的东西 周四 |
[22:46] | Okay, so these maps are from Wednesday night. | 所以这就是周三晚上的地图 |
[22:49] | Figure out where it hailed in Rockland county, | 找找看罗克兰德县哪里下过冰雹 |
[22:51] | and then see if you can find a place | 然后看看能不能找到 |
[22:52] | where you could keep a couple of baby zebras. | 一个能藏两匹小斑马的地方 |
[22:54] | That was my approach. We’ve already had the police | 我就是这么干的 我们已经让罗克兰德县的 |
[22:56] | in Rockland county search every stable, barn and farmhouse | 警方去搜查下冰雹的区域里 |
[22:59] | within the areas of falling hail. | 所有的马棚 谷仓和农舍了 |
[23:02] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:04] | I read about a psychiatric hospital in Rockland county | 我知道罗克兰德县有一家叫莱奇沃思村的 |
[23:07] | named Letchworth Village. | 精神病医院 |
[23:08] | It’s been closed for a while now, | 那里已经关了一段时间了 |
[23:09] | but it was well-known because the inmates kept up | 但它曾因一个靠病人运营的农场 |
[23:12] | a working farm. | 而闻名 |
[23:13] | They grew crops, they raised chickens and cows. | 他们种庄稼 养鸡和牛 |
[23:15] | I’m sure it must have had stables. | 那里肯定有畜舍 |
[23:16] | They haven’t torn it down? | 他们没把它拆了吗 |
[23:18] | No. | 没有 |
[23:20] | It’s right there. | 就在那 |
[23:24] | It’s quiet, lots of space, far away from people. | 这里很安静 很宽敞 又远离人群 |
[23:28] | It’s not a bad place to raise stolen zebra foals, | 是个养偷来的斑马幼崽的不错之处 |
[23:30] | even if it is straight out of a scary movie. | 尽管这里就像恐怖片里的场景一样 |
[23:33] | No doubt this facility’s seen its fair share of horrors. | 这里肯定发生过不少恐怖的事 |
[23:36] | There was also some good work done here. | 但这里也发生过一些好事 |
[23:38] | Did you know letchworth village was where doctors | 你知道莱奇沃思村是最早让医生们 |
[23:40] | administered the very first polio vaccin… | 提供脊髓灰质炎疫苗… |
[23:41] | Polio vaccination? Yeah, I knew that. | 脊髓灰质炎疫苗 我知道 |
[23:45] | Look, I Googled the name on the way over here, same as you. | 我在路上也谷歌了这家医院 跟你一样 |
[23:49] | We found something. North end of building three. | 我们有发现了 在第三栋楼的最北边 |
[23:51] | We’re on our way. | 我们马上到 |
[23:56] | It’s right over here. | 就在这里 |
[24:01] | We’re looking for two. Any sign of the other one? | 我们要找的是两匹 有另一匹的痕迹吗 |
[24:04] | Nothing yet. | 还没有 |
[24:06] | Well, I guess one baby zebra’s better than none. | 我想总比一匹都没找到的好 |
[24:11] | You’re not wrong… | 你说得有道理 |
[24:15] | but unless I’m mistaken, that’s not a zebra. | 除非我看错了 这不是匹斑马 |
[24:18] | What? | 什么 |
[24:34] | This animal’s not a zebra. | 这动物不是斑马 |
[24:36] | It’s a quagga. | 它是一头斑驴 |
[24:38] | It’s an equine species native to South Africa. | 是原产于南非的马科动物 |
[24:41] | Never heard of them. | 从没听说过 |
[24:42] | Well, that’s hardly surprising. | 这不奇怪 |
[24:45] | Been well over 100 years since anyone’s seen a quagga. | 已经一百多年没人见过斑驴了 |
[24:51] | Species has been extinct since 1883. | 这种生物1883年就灭绝了 |
[25:05] | Zebras gave birth to extinct animals? | 斑马产下了已经灭绝的动物 |
[25:07] | Looks like the guy was out on an errand | 看起来那家伙在我们搜查的时候 |
[25:09] | with the second foal when we searched the place. | 带着第二只幼崽出去了 |
[25:11] | Showing his new merchandise to a potential buyer, perhaps. | 可能是去让潜在客户看货了 |
[25:15] | I… I don’t care if you found one quagga, | 我不在乎你们找到了一头斑驴 |
[25:17] | two quagga… I care that you found any. | 还是两头斑驴 我在乎的是你们真的找到了 |
[25:20] | They’re extinct. | 它们已经灭绝了 |
[25:22] | Actually, it seems that they’re now de-extinct. | 看起来它们又被繁育出来了 |
[25:25] | As I’m sure you’re aware, scientists have recently | 我想你肯定知道 科学家们最近 |
[25:27] | pioneered biotechnology capable of resurrecting extinct species. | 开创的生物工程学能够再造灭绝物种 |
[25:32] | Essentially, the DNA of the extinct creature is | 原理就是把灭绝物种的DNA |
[25:35] | placed inside the uterus of its nearing living genetic relative. | 植入活着的遗传学近亲的子宫里 |
[25:37] | In the quagga’s case, that’s a zebra. | 对于斑驴来说 近亲就是斑马 |
[25:40] | One pregnancy later, a formerly extinct species | 怀孕分娩之后 曾经灭绝的物种 |
[25:43] | is birthed into being. | 就又复活了 |
[25:46] | De-extinction is a painstaking process, Dr. Joseph. | 人工再造是个很辛苦的过程 约瑟夫医生 |
[25:49] | The pregnant animal requires great care and attention | 怀孕的动物在孕期需要 |
[25:52] | throughout its gestation period, | 特别关照 |
[25:54] | which in the case of the zebras, would be 13 months. | 对于斑马来说 孕期长达十三个月 |
[25:56] | Someone’s been giving our zebras secret checkups? | 有人在偷偷检查这些斑马吗 |
[26:00] | No one has access to these animals except zoo employees. | 除了动物园的员工没人能接触到它们 |
[26:04] | 17 months ago, a pair of female zebras | 十七个月前 两匹雌性斑马 |
[26:07] | arrived at the Bronx zoo. | 来到了布朗克斯动物园 |
[26:09] | Three months later, it was announced | 三个月后 动物园对外宣称 |
[26:10] | that both animals were pregnant. | 两匹斑马都怀孕了 |
[26:12] | Unbeknownst to anyone except our mysterious de-extinctionist, | 除了我们神秘的人工再造学家 |
[26:16] | the animals were not pregnant with zebras but with quaggas. | 没人知道它们肚子里不是斑马而是斑驴 |
[26:19] | Now, for the next 56 weeks, | 在接下来的五十六周 |
[26:21] | they enjoy first-rate care | 它们在你那里 |
[26:22] | and accommodation at your facility, | 享受着头等待遇 |
[26:24] | then when their due date’s finally drawn near, the criminal | 等预产期快到的时候 嫌犯把它们 |
[26:27] | drives them away in a truck to give birth in secret. | 用卡车运走 让它们秘密生产 |
[26:29] | Why, though? If you’re gonna reintroduce a species, | 可是为什么 如果你想再造一个物种 |
[26:32] | wouldn’t you want to be honored for it? | 这不该是带给人荣耀的事吗 |
[26:34] | Honored. Or paid. | 荣耀 或者是报酬 |
[26:36] | Not necessarily in that order. | 在罪犯的世界里荣耀不重要 |
[26:38] | The illegal market for rare and endangered animals | 稀有和濒危动物的非法交易市场 |
[26:40] | is quite robust. | 非常繁荣 |
[26:42] | The introduction of an extinct creature | 再造一种灭绝生物 |
[26:45] | could create quite a frenzy in certain shadowy places. | 能在黑市上掀起不小的波澜 |
[26:49] | Dr. Joseph, we’re assuming you have an alibi | 约瑟夫医生 你昨晚和今早 |
[26:51] | for last night and this morning? | 有不在场证明吗 |
[26:53] | I was with my wife and kids last night. | 昨晚我和我妻子还有孩子们在一起 |
[26:54] | We had friends over for dinner, I dropped my daughter off | 我们有朋友过来吃饭 我今早送我女儿 |
[26:57] | at school this morning. | 去上学了 |
[26:59] | Excellent. Now that we’ve cleared that up, | 很好 既然我们已经弄清了这些 |
[27:01] | we need your help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[27:05] | Good afternoon. | 各位下午好 |
[27:06] | Those of you who came in on your day off, thanks. | 那些正在休假的员工 谢谢你们能来 |
[27:10] | As the group that looks after the zebras here at the zoo, | 作为动物园斑马饲养小组的成员 |
[27:12] | I wanted to give you the chance to meet | 让我给你们介绍一下 |
[27:13] | the men responsible for bringing our ladies home. | 就是他们帮我们找回了斑马 |
[27:16] | Detective Marcus Bell | 马库斯·贝尔警探 |
[27:17] | and NYPD consultant Sherlock Holmes. | 和纽约市警察局的顾问夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[27:21] | We appreciate the welcome, but unfortunately, | 感谢你们的热情 然而 |
[27:25] | one of you is being quite hypocritical. | 你们之中有一个人并非真的心怀感激 |
[27:28] | The man who stole your zebras, | 那个偷走了斑马的人 |
[27:30] | who is most likely the same man | 很有可能还同时谋杀了 |
[27:32] | who murdered a veterinarian named David Chang, | 一名叫做大卫·张的兽医 |
[27:37] | is amongst us at this very moment. | 而这个人现在就在你们中间 |
[27:44] | His name is Donovan Gaines. | 凶手就是多诺万·盖恩斯 |
[27:47] | What? No, no, I… | 什么 不… |
[27:48] | Save your protests for the trial. | 辩词留到法庭上再说吧 |
[27:51] | You, Donovan, are the man who stole a truck | 多诺万 你上周从公理快递公司 |
[27:53] | from Axiom parcel delivery last week. | 偷走了一辆卡车 |
[27:56] | You are the man who used that truck to steal two zebras | 你就是用那辆卡车 |
[27:58] | from this facility. | 从动物园里偷走了两匹斑马 |
[28:00] | And when their delivery did not go as you had hoped, | 然而它们的分娩并没有你想象中的那么顺利 |
[28:02] | you’re very likely the man who murdered | 你很有可能因此 |
[28:04] | Dr. David Chang in cold blood. | 残忍地谋杀了大卫·张博士 |
[28:06] | No, no, you’re crazy. I didn’t have… | 不 你疯了 我没有… |
[28:08] | Detective Bell, could I speak to you | 贝尔警探 我们能到那儿 |
[28:09] | over here for a moment? Would you just… | 单独聊聊吗 请你们… |
[28:10] | one second. | 稍等片刻 |
[28:15] | What are you doing? You didn’t tell me you had a suspect. | 你这是干嘛 你没说过你已经有了嫌疑人 |
[28:17] | I don’t. Or I didn’t when I started talking. I do now. | 在我开口前确实没有 但现在有了 |
[28:20] | You’ll recall the manager at Federal Feeds | 你应该记得联邦饲料的经理 |
[28:22] | described our perpetrator as a white man. | 说起过凶手是个白人 |
[28:24] | Course I remember. That’s why I was surprised | 我当然记得 所以你指责那家伙是凶手 |
[28:26] | when you tore into that guy. | 让我很意外 |
[28:27] | I’ve accused Donovan Gaines because I’m quite certain | 我之所以宣称多诺万·盖恩斯是凶手 |
[28:29] | he did not commit the crimes; I wanted to observe | 是因为我很确定他并非真凶 我这么做 |
[28:31] | the behaviors of the other people in the room. | 是想借此观察屋里其他人的反应 |
[28:32] | Now, the more I’ve accused Donovan Gaines, | 我越宣称多诺万·盖恩斯是凶手 |
[28:34] | the more a man named Ben Reynolds has relaxed. | 一个叫本·雷诺兹的人就越放松下来 |
[28:37] | His breathing has slowed, his blood pressure has dropped, | 他的呼吸渐缓 血压降低 |
[28:39] | and his hands have unclenched, he is relieved. | 两手慢慢松开 觉得如释重负 |
[28:41] | I-is everything okay? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[28:43] | Everybody’s kind of waiting to | 大家都想知道 |
[28:45] | see if you guys plan to come back over… | 你们是否还会回去接着说下去… |
[28:47] | Actually, we only have business with one of your employees. | 其实我们只想找你们员工中的一个 |
[28:49] | Ben Reynolds. | 本·雷诺兹 |
[28:50] | And we’d prefer to speak to him at the station. | 我们希望能带他回局里谈谈 |
[28:58] | Finally. | 总算来了 |
[29:00] | I’m gonna say one thing and then I want my lawyer. | 在我的律师到场前我只想说一件事 |
[29:03] | I did not steal two zebras. | 偷走那两匹斑马的人不是我 |
[29:06] | Why would anybody even do that? | 谁会想做那种事 |
[29:08] | Oh, well, in this case, to use their wombs | 就这件案子来说 |
[29:10] | to reintroduce the Quagga species to the world. | 你想是借它们的子宫繁育出斑驴 |
[29:13] | Are you not using your job at the zoo | 你是否借由在动物园的工作 |
[29:15] | to finance your PhD in zoology? | 来资助自己攻读动物学博士 |
[29:17] | Yeah. So? | 没错 所以呢 |
[29:19] | So you have the technical expertise | 所以你具备足够的专业技术 |
[29:20] | to attempt de-extinction, you have access to the zebras, | 来人工繁育绝种动物 你还能接触到斑马 |
[29:23] | you also have quite a bit of debt. | 同时你还负债累累 |
[29:24] | You fit the profile of our criminal rather exactly. | 你有充分的作案动机 |
[29:29] | Mr. Reynolds, we’re gonna cut to the chase. | 雷诺兹先生 我们长话短说 |
[29:31] | The man who killed David Chang | 谋杀大卫·张的人 |
[29:33] | left DNA behind at the scene. | 在作案现场留下了DNA |
[29:34] | So if it wasn’t you, just provide us with a sample, | 如果你不是凶手 只要提供DNA样本给我们 |
[29:37] | you’ll be on your way. | 你就能排除嫌疑了 |
[29:39] | Why should I help you? | 我为什么要配合你们 |
[29:41] | If you choose not to cooperate, | 如果你不合作的话 |
[29:42] | we’ll just monitor your whereabouts | 我们就会密切监视你 |
[29:44] | until we can force you to. | 直到申请到搜查令 |
[29:48] | Lawyer. | 我要叫律师来 |
[29:50] | Now. | 就现在 |
[29:54] | I’ll put a team on him till we get the paperwork. | 在文书下来之前我会派人监视他 |
[29:56] | If we’re lucky, we won’t even need a court order. | 如果我们走运 就用不着法院的强制令了 |
[29:59] | He’s not gonna give us a DNA sample, | 他不会主动提供自己的DNA样本 |
[30:00] | but perhaps he’s got one floating about in the wild. | 但也许我们能在别处有所发现 |
[30:12] | You really are on your best behavior. | 你最近真是通情达理 |
[30:16] | Must have killed you not to just pick the lock. | 忍住不撬门锁一定让你生不如死 |
[30:18] | Nonsense. I had several more seconds worth of waiting in me. | 胡说 门后的人值得我多等几秒钟 |
[30:20] | Your mail. | 你的信 |
[30:21] | I did pick that lock. | 我撬了那个锁 |
[30:23] | Although I did not steam open any of the correspondence. | 但我没有用蒸汽私自打开过这些信 |
[30:27] | Been shopping. | 你去购物了 |
[30:28] | Yeah, you’ve been great the past few days, | 最近的几天 你都很体贴 |
[30:30] | but, you know, it’s time to get off the couch. | 但是我不能总一直窝在沙发里了 |
[30:32] | Well, you’ll be pleased to know that your nudge | 你提供的关于莱奇沃思村的线索 |
[30:33] | towards Letchworth Village paid off. | 给我们提供了帮助 你一定很高兴吧 |
[30:36] | This afternoon, Detective Bell and I identified | 今天下午 贝尔警探和我找到了 |
[30:38] | the zebra-stealing murderer as a zoo employee | 偷斑马的杀人凶手 他是动物园员工 |
[30:40] | named Ben Reynolds. | 名叫本·雷诺兹 |
[30:42] | He refused to give us a DNA sample, | 他拒绝提供自己的DNA样本 |
[30:44] | so I placed a call to my contact at the zoo, | 所以我打电话找了我在动物园的熟人 |
[30:45] | who happily dug through the trash | 他很乐意去翻垃圾桶 |
[30:47] | and found a can of the grape soda | 并找到了一罐葡萄汽水 |
[30:49] | preferred by Mr. Reynolds. | 这是雷诺兹先生钟爱的饮料 |
[30:51] | And preliminary DNA test results indicate a match. | 初步DNA鉴定显示两者匹配 |
[30:54] | Bell and his merry men | 贝尔和他的手下 |
[30:55] | are on their way to make an arrest as we speak. | 现在正在去抓捕的途中 |
[30:59] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[31:00] | Look at the return zip code. | 看看寄信人的邮编 |
[31:02] | It’s the same place as the prison they’re keeping Elana March. | 正是关押伊莱娜·马奇的那个监狱 |
[31:04] | I doubt that’s her handwriting. | 我觉得这不是她的字迹 |
[31:05] | She’d have found someone to send it on her behalf. | 她一定是找人替她写的 |
[31:08] | We can call Captain and tell him there’s been a threat. | 我们打电话给警监告诉他你受到了威胁 |
[31:13] | Detective Bell. Mr. Reynolds in custody? | 贝尔警探 抓到雷诺兹先生了吗 |
[31:16] | Ben Reynolds is in the wind. | 本·雷诺兹凭空消失了 |
[31:18] | Well, how’s that possible? You had men watching him. | 怎么可能 你不是派人监视着他吗 |
[31:21] | You should get over here. | 你最好马上过来 |
[31:24] | Go. I’ll call Gregson. This is just | 去吧 我会打给格雷森 |
[31:25] | Elana trying to get inside my head. | 伊莱娜·马奇只是想扰乱我的心智 |
[31:33] | Reynolds came home at 4:30. | 雷诺兹在四点半回到家 |
[31:35] | We had a unit on the front and back door. | 前门和后门都有我们的人看着 |
[31:38] | He never left. Now, we show up to arrest him at 6:30, | 他从没离开过 我们六点半到达实施逮捕 |
[31:41] | and the place is empty. | 但这里空无一人 |
[31:45] | I take it you’ve searched the other apartments in the building? | 你应该已经搜过这栋楼的另外一间公寓了吧 |
[31:47] | He’s nowhere. | 哪儿都找不到他 |
[31:48] | It’s like the guy vanished into thin air. | 就像凭空消失了一样 |
[32:12] | You know the slang | 你知道有句俗语叫”走八十六号” |
[32:13] | “to eighty-six,” meaning to get rid of something, | 就是摆脱某物的意思吧 |
[32:15] | Originated in a new York speakeasy called Chumley’s? | 它起源于纽约一间叫丘姆利的非法酒吧 |
[32:19] | No. | 不知道 |
[32:20] | You see, the rear entrance of the bar | 酒吧的后门 |
[32:22] | held the address 86 Bedford street. | 在贝德福德街八十六号 |
[32:25] | Now, when the manager got word that a raid was on its way, | 一旦酒吧经理得知马上要进行搜查 |
[32:28] | he would eighty-six his patrons. | 他就会让他的顾客们走八十六号 |
[32:30] | He would rush them out of the back door, | 他让他们从贝德福德街八十六号的后门 |
[32:31] | the 86 Bedford street door, | 快速离开 |
[32:33] | while he greeted police at the front. | 而同时自己在前门迎接警察的到来 |
[32:36] | I assume you’re going somewhere with this. | 你猜你一定是话中有话 |
[32:38] | Well, as it happens, we’re standing across the street | 你在到达这里的时候 就好比是 |
[32:41] | from the building that used to house Chumley’s. | 站在了丘姆利酒吧的门前 |
[32:45] | Now, police of the era could never determine exactly… | 当时的警探无从得知 |
[32:50] | How chumley’s | 丘姆利酒吧是如何 |
[32:51] | was bringing bootleg liquor into the building. | 把私酒运进酒吧的 |
[32:56] | Turns out, there was a network of tunnels | 原来 在非法酒吧和其相邻的建筑下面 |
[32:58] | leading from the speakeasy to the adjacent buildings… | 有连通的地道 |
[33:04] | buildings the police weren’t watching. | 而警察并没有监视那栋建筑 |
[33:08] | Care to have a guess what’s underneath these floorboards? | 想猜猜这地板下面有什么吗 |
[33:20] | Ben Reynolds didn’t vanish into thin air. | 本·雷诺兹并非凭空消失 |
[33:24] | He vanished into a tunnel. | 他只是钻入了地道 |
[33:34] | Ben Reynolds is wanted for the murder of David Chang. | 本·雷诺兹因谋杀大卫·张而遭到通缉 |
[33:37] | The case against him is strong, so he has no choice but to flee. | 证据确凿 因此他只能选择逃跑 |
[33:41] | He’s an indebted graduate student | 他是个负债的毕业生 |
[33:43] | with very few material assets. | 没有什么值钱的东西 |
[33:45] | If he wants to finance his life on the run, | 如果他想跑路时有钱花 |
[33:47] | he has precisely one chip which he can and must cash in. | 他只有一样东西可以也必须换成现金 |
[33:51] | An infant quagga. | 一头刚出生的小斑驴 |
[33:54] | These are the facts. | 就这些事实 |
[33:56] | Questions? | 有问题吗 |
[33:58] | Yes. | 有 |
[33:59] | What am I doing here? | 我来这干嘛 |
[34:01] | I mean, we had a work day. It ended. | 我们工作了一天 结束了 |
[34:03] | The normal thing is to go our separate ways for a few hours. | 正常该做的是分开几个小时 |
[34:08] | The fire of deduction cannot be kindled | 如果没有面对面的交流 |
[34:10] | without the frisson of person-to-person contact. | 演绎之火无法被点燃 |
[34:13] | If you want to work together, | 如果你想一起工作 |
[34:14] | you need to get used to working odd hours. | 就得习惯这不规律的工作时间 |
[34:16] | I’ve been working this case as a cop | 自从发现了张的尸体后 |
[34:18] | ever since we found Chang’s corpse. | 我就一直作为警察在办这个案子 |
[34:20] | Regardless. | 不管怎样 |
[34:20] | The lines are blurred. | 界限很模糊 |
[34:22] | You are committed to seeing this through via my methods. | 你得用我的方法看待这案子 |
[34:26] | We have no idea where Reynolds is. | 我们不知道雷诺兹在哪 |
[34:28] | A search of his apartment | 对他公寓的搜查 |
[34:29] | has yielded no clues as to where he is keeping | 也没有找到他把那头小斑驴 |
[34:32] | his one remaining quagga. | 藏在哪里的线索 |
[34:34] | He does, however, have to sell the beast. | 但他总得把它卖掉 |
[34:37] | Our best chance of a quick apprehension | 我们最快能逮捕他的办法 |
[34:39] | is to pose as buyers and then arrest him | 就是假扮买家 然后在交易的时候 |
[34:41] | at the point of transaction. | 抓住他 |
[34:42] | How do we do that? | 怎么做 |
[34:43] | This guy knows we’re looking for him. | 他知道我们在找他 |
[34:45] | He’s not gonna put out a want ad. | 他可不会主动发广告 |
[34:46] | No, but he will want to create a vigorous marketplace | 是的 不过他会创办一个热闹的 |
[34:49] | for the animal. | 动物交易市场 |
[34:51] | There is, at this moment, | 现在这个时候 |
[34:52] | a bidding war happening somewhere. | 某个地方正在进行激烈的竞拍 |
[34:55] | All we need to do is find it and win it. | 我们需要做的就是找到它并竞拍成功 |
[34:58] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[34:59] | This is everything I could find on criminal cases | 这是我能找到的与贩卖濒危动物 |
[35:02] | involving the sale of endangered animals. | 有关的所有犯罪案件 |
[35:04] | There’s a global marketplace for these unfortunate creatures. | 有一个贩卖这些动物的全球性市场 |
[35:06] | It’s clandestine, but there must be a way | 是秘密的 不过一定有办法 |
[35:08] | to connect the buyers with the sellers. | 把买家和卖家联系起来 |
[35:10] | So you think there’s, what, some kind of code these guys use? | 怎么 你觉得他们之间有某种暗语什么的 |
[35:13] | You know, there are people who work this stuff full-time. | 有专门干这事的人 |
[35:15] | Don’t you think they would have found it by now? | 你觉得他们现在还发现不了吗 |
[35:17] | People, Detective Bell, are not you and me. | 贝尔警探 我们跟别人不一样 |
[35:44] | You want to tell me why we’re having breakfast in Greenpoint? | 能告诉我为什么要在绿点吃早餐吗 |
[35:46] | You made it. Excellent. | 你来了 很好 |
[35:50] | Took the liberty of ordering for you. | 我做主给你点了东西 |
[35:51] | I don’t eat red meat. | 我不吃红肉 |
[35:54] | A man of hidden depths. | 深藏不露的人 |
[35:57] | We’re here because this cafe | 我们来这是因为 |
[35:58] | affords us the best vantage point. | 这家小餐馆给了我们很有利的位置 |
[36:02] | Shortly after you fell asleep last night, | 昨晚你刚睡不久 |
[36:04] | I realized there was a common factor | 我就发现在最近几次非法的动物交易中 |
[36:06] | in several recent illegal animal trades. | 有一个共同的特点 |
[36:08] | In each case, the transaction was arranged via a classified ad | 每次交易都是通过发布在 |
[36:12] | placed on a web site that deals in animal trading. | 动物交易网站的分类广告安排的 |
[36:15] | Most of the buying and selling on there, perfectly legitimate, | 上面大部分的交易 都是合法的 |
[36:18] | but every once in a while, there’s an ad | 但每过一段时间 就会有一条广告 |
[36:20] | which features the phrase “once in a blue moon” | 上面写着”百年不遇” |
[36:23] | Is that one of our unmarked vans? | 这不是我们的一辆便衣警车吗 |
[36:26] | “Once in a blue moon” functions as a dog whistle in those ads. | 广告中的这句话就像是狗哨一样 |
[36:31] | It’s used to signal that endangered or outlawed animals | 表明有濒危动物或者法律禁止交易的动物 |
[36:33] | are for sale. | 可以出售了 |
[36:35] | And you found an ad last night using that phrase? | 你昨晚通过这句话找到了一条广告吗 |
[36:38] | Five, actually. | 其实是五条 |
[36:39] | It seems that Ben Reynolds is rather keen | 本·雷诺兹似乎非常想把 |
[36:42] | to peddle his equine wares. | 他的马类用具卖掉 |
[36:45] | I contacted him, pretending to be a man named Sigerson. | 我假扮成名叫西格森的人联系了他 |
[36:48] | Why Sigerson? | 为什么叫西格森 |
[36:50] | It’s a pseudonym I use occasionally. | 这是我偶尔用的假名 |
[36:54] | I outbid the others, | 我打败了其它竞拍者 |
[36:55] | arranged a meeting, contacted Captain Gregson. | 安排好了会面 通知了格雷森警监 |
[36:58] | Here we are. | 就这样 |
[36:59] | The two parties are meant to inspect things | 双方应该检查彼此的货物 |
[37:01] | to their mutual satisfaction and then switch cars. | 都满意后交换车辆 |
[37:05] | That’s Reynolds. | 那是雷诺兹 |
[37:08] | Why aren’t they arresting him? | 为什么不逮捕他 |
[37:10] | They haven’t seen the quagga yet. | 还没有看到那头小斑驴 |
[37:23] | Freeze! | 不许动 |
[37:28] | You know, I could have arranged all this with the department. | 我可以跟警局一起准备的 |
[37:31] | You were asleep. | 你当时睡着了 |
[37:50] | It was a pleasure, Holmes. | 很荣幸 福尔摩斯 |
[37:51] | No, the pleasure was mine and mine alone, Marcus. | 不 是我荣幸才是 马库斯 |
[38:12] | My dearest Watson, | 我亲爱的华生 |
[38:13] | although it’s been far too long | 虽然距离我们上次见面 |
[38:15] | since we laid eyes on each other, | 已经过去了很长时间 |
[38:16] | I continue to follow your career with great interest. | 我仍然对你们的工作很有兴趣 |
[38:20] | I was sorry to hear about the murder of Andrew Mittal | 对安德鲁·米塔尔被谋杀一事我感到很遗憾 |
[38:22] | And more than a bit unhappy to learn that his death | 而更令我难过的是 他的死 |
[38:25] | was an attempt on your own most cherished life. | 是因为有人想要置你于死地 |
[38:28] | I still believe there’s a game unfolding… | 我仍然相信夏洛克和我之间的游戏 |
[38:30] | …between sherlock and I, and you have made yourself | 还没有结束 而你已经成为其中 |
[38:33] | a valued and essential contributor. | 十分重要和根本的要素 |
[38:36] | I won’t have you removed from play prematurely. | 我不会让你从这场游戏中永远消失的 |
[38:40] | Uninvited participants are not welcome at the table, | 我不希望有其他人参与进来 |
[38:42] | and their intrusions will be dealt with accordingly. | 所以他们的介入也会受到相应的惩罚 |
[38:46] | I’ve got a situation. Open 10 cell. | 有情况 打开十号牢房的门 |
[38:52] | Call the control room immediately. | 立刻联系控制室 |
[38:54] | There may well be more rounds to be played between the two of us, | 我们两个之间 可能还要缠斗好几个回合 |
[38:58] | and until such time | 在此之前 |
[38:59] | as we’re both free to engage, | 我们可以自由交手 |
[39:01] | I shall remain, in delighted anticipation… | 我能参与感到十分高兴 |
[39:05] | Jamie Moriarty. | 婕米·莫里亚蒂 |
[39:08] | Gregson called the prison an hour ago. | 格雷森一小时前给监狱打了电话 |
[39:09] | Elana March is dead. | 伊莱娜·马奇死了 |
[39:11] | Moriarty was transferred three weeks ago. | 莫里亚蒂三周前被转移走了 |
[39:13] | He’s not even sure where they’re holding her. | 他都不知道她现在被关在哪 |
[39:15] | Once they find out, someone will go and ask her how she did this. | 知道后 会有人去询问她是如何做到的 |
[39:20] | It’s a fool’s errand. | 白费功夫 |
[39:22] | She will have left nothing to connect her to the crime. | 她不会留下与犯罪有关的东西 |
[39:29] | And you? | 你呢 |
[39:34] | I feel… | 我觉得 |
[39:37] | okay. | 还行 |
[39:41] | I feel clear about something. | 我对一些事看得更明白了 |
[39:44] | Our work, what we do… | 我们的工作 我们做的事 |
[39:47] | it’s not just a job now. It’s who I am. | 这不仅仅是一份工作 而是我这个人 |
[39:52] | I’m a detective. I’m ready to embrace that. | 我是一名侦探 我已经准备好接受了 |
[39:56] | I live in this world, your world, | 我活在这个世界里 你的世界里 |
[39:59] | and I probably will for the rest of my life. | 而且可能以后都要这样了 |
[40:02] | It isn’t my world. | 不是我的世界 |
[40:05] | It’s our world. | 是我们的世界 |
[40:11] | I understand that now. | 我现在明白了 |
[40:15] | I accept it. I know what it means. | 我接受它 我知道这意味着什么 |
[40:18] | And what does it mean? | 意味着什么 |
[40:23] | It means that it’s ridiculous for me to think | 意味着我以为能过上正常的生活 |
[40:27] | that… I can have a normal life. | 是很愚蠢的想法 |
[40:31] | I’m not gonna do that anymore. | 我不会再这么想了 |
[40:35] | Just like I’m not gonna pretend | 我也不会装作这里不是 |
[40:36] | this isn’t the best place for us to do our work. | 我们工作的最佳地点 |
[40:39] | You’re always welcome to come here. | 你随时可以回来 |
[40:41] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[40:44] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[40:47] | I’m saying that what I need to do | 我是说我需要做的是 |
[40:49] | is commit myself to this work completely. | 让自己全身心投入到这项工作中 |
[40:55] | The best place for me to do that is here. | 而最适合的地方就是这里 |
[41:01] | I want to come back to the Brownstone. | 我想回到褐石屋 |