时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hi, I’m Andrew Mittal. | 你好 我是安德鲁·米塔尔 |
[00:03] | What, you found your next business? | 怎么 你找到新事业了吗 |
[00:05] | I think so. | 我想我找到了 |
[00:06] | So I called the airline, and I can’t stay the whole time, | 我给航空公司打了电话 我不能一直待在那 |
[00:08] | but I’ve always wanted to see Copenhagen. | 但我一直都想去哥本哈根 |
[00:12] | You say that I saved you, | 你说我拯救了你 |
[00:14] | but the way that I see it, | 但我觉得 |
[00:17] | you gave me everything. | 是你给了我一切 |
[00:19] | Have you decided where you’re going to go? | 你想好要去哪儿了吗 |
[00:21] | Your romantic inclinations are not a flaw to be corrected, | 你的浪漫倾向不是要改正的缺陷 |
[00:23] | they’re a trait to be accepted. | 而是应该被接受的特质 |
[00:25] | I know you, Watson. | 我了解你 华生 |
[00:27] | I know you’ll never be happy within the confines | 我知道你被禁锢在传统关系里 |
[00:29] | of a “Traditional relationship.” | 是不会开心的 |
[00:31] | I’m happy with Andrew. | 我跟安德鲁在一起很开心 |
[00:32] | But would you be happier without him? | 但你没有他不是更开心吗 |
[00:37] | Elizabeth Short– she disappeared January the 9th. | 伊丽莎白·索特 一月九号失踪 |
[00:40] | Her body was found, bisected and exsanguinated, | 她的尸体在一月十四号被发现 |
[00:43] | on January the 14th. | 一分为二 而且被放血了 |
[00:45] | Exsanguinated? | 放血 |
[00:47] | Drained of blood. | 血被抽干了 |
[00:50] | Elizabeth Short. | 伊丽莎白·索特 |
[00:52] | I know the name. | 我知道这个名字 |
[00:53] | The press dubbed her “The Black Dahlia” | 媒体在她死后将她称作 |
[00:55] | shortly after her murder. | 黑色大丽花 |
[00:57] | Yeah, I maintain, several files | 对 我留着几份悬案的卷宗 |
[00:59] | of unsolved cases to keep me stimulated | 以便在没有有趣的工作要做时 |
[01:01] | when interesting work fails to come in. | 让自己不那么无聊 |
[01:02] | And this is one of them. | 而这就是其中一个 |
[01:04] | How are you supposed to solve a murder from the 1930s? | 你怎么能破上世纪三十年代的案子 |
[01:08] | 1947. | 是1947年 |
[01:10] | It’s not impossible. | 也不是不可能 |
[01:11] | I did it with the Whitechapel killings, | 我破了白教堂惨案 |
[01:12] | and they date back to the 1800s. | 那可是十九世纪的案子 |
[01:14] | Whitechapel? | 白教堂 |
[01:15] | You knew who Jack the Ripper is? | 你知道开膛手杰克是谁 |
[01:17] | See, I-I’ve long postulated a connection | 看 我一直认为索特小姐的死 |
[01:18] | between the death of Ms. Short | 跟前一年芝加哥 |
[01:20] | and the killing of a young girl in Chicago | 一个叫苏珊娜·戴格南的 |
[01:22] | named Suzanne Degnan in the year prior. | 年轻姑娘的死有关 |
[01:24] | See, letters from both killers use similar phrasing | 看 凶手的信措辞相近 |
[01:27] | and similar combinations of letters. | 而且用了相似的字母组合 |
[01:29] | Don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[01:30] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[01:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:33] | No, no, b-but look. | 不 看看这些 |
[01:34] | Wh-What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[01:35] | J-Just venture an opinion. | 提出个想法就行 |
[01:38] | wh-what about you? | 那你呢 |
[01:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:45] | Can we do something besides talk about murder? | 我们能不能说点除了谋杀案之外的东西 |
[02:12] | Are you lonely? | 你孤独吗 |
[02:15] | That’s not the point. | 那不是重点 |
[02:19] | Jack Anderson Wilson is a valuable suspect, | 杰克·安德森·威尔士很有嫌疑 |
[02:21] | but there’s no evidence he was ever in Chicago. | 但没有证据表明他去过芝加哥 |
[02:25] | Wilson sometimes used the alias Arnold Smith. | 威尔森有时会化名为阿诺德·史密斯 |
[02:27] | If I can demonstrate that Arnold Smith went to Chicago, | 如果我能证明阿诺德·史密斯去过芝加哥 |
[02:31] | then we might have something worth discussing. | 那我们就有值得讨论的东西了 |
[02:34] | Not that you’re much of a conversationalist. | 你真不是个健谈的人 |
[02:44] | State your business. | 说明来意 |
[02:47] | My name is,Jill Horowitz. | 我叫吉尔·霍洛维茨 |
[02:49] | an acquaintance of mine says | 我的一个熟人说 |
[02:50] | you’re the best P.I. in the city. | 你是城里最好的私家侦探 |
[02:52] | Is this a bad time? | 现在不方便吗 |
[02:54] | On the contrary, it’s the perfect time. | 正相反 现在正是时候 |
[02:58] | My husband Steven is an attorney at Dorchester-Reid. | 我丈夫史蒂文是多尔切斯特·里德公司的一名律师 |
[03:04] | You say those words as if they’re supposed | 你说得好像这些对我来说 |
[03:05] | to hold some significance for me. | 有什么意义似的 |
[03:07] | It’s one of the top law firms in the city. | 那是城里最顶尖的律所之一 |
[03:12] | Steven has been,distant lately. | 史蒂文最近对我很疏远 |
[03:15] | Works odd hours, | 工作时间很奇怪 |
[03:17] | makes ridiculous excuses. | 编造很荒唐的借口 |
[03:20] | For a lawyer, he’s a terrible liar. | 对于一个律师来说 他的谎说得很烂 |
[03:22] | You suspect your husband is having an affair. | 你怀疑你的丈夫有外遇 |
[03:25] | He has to be. | 肯定有 |
[03:26] | They work long hours, but lately it’s been worse than usual. | 他们工作时间很长 但最近越来越久了 |
[03:30] | Steven has pulled plenty of all-nighters, | 史蒂文经常通宵达旦地工作 |
[03:32] | but I haven’t seen him in two days. | 但我已经两天没见到他了 |
[03:36] | You haven’t seen or spoken to your husband in 48 hours? | 你已经四十八小时没联系到你丈夫了 |
[03:40] | He’s missing. | 他失踪了 |
[03:41] | Please. | 拜托 |
[03:42] | You have to lead an interesting life to be missing. | 你的生活得很有趣才能叫失踪 |
[03:45] | All Steven does is work. | 而史蒂文只会工作 |
[03:47] | He left me. | 他离开我了 |
[03:49] | I want you to do the P.I. thing. | 我想让你做私家侦探的那套 |
[03:51] | Find where he is, who he’s with. | 找到他在哪 跟谁在一起 |
[03:54] | Get me some pictures that I can use in court. | 给我拍一些在法庭上用得着的照片 |
[03:56] | You keep using the phrase “P.I.” | 你一直在用私家侦探这个词 |
[03:57] | That’s not what I do. | 那不是我的职业 |
[03:58] | The marital squabbles of two petit bourgeois | 两个曼哈顿庸俗女子之间关于婚姻的争吵 |
[04:00] | Manhattanites interest me not a whit. | 一点都提不起我的兴趣 |
[04:04] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[04:05] | Normally, that is, they’d interest me not a whit. | 通常这是提不起我的兴趣的 |
[04:08] | But you’ve caught me at something | 但你刚好在我脆弱的时候 |
[04:09] | of a vulnerable moment. | 找到了我 |
[04:11] | I could use a distraction. | 我可以散散心 |
[04:19] | That’s a pretty good likeness. | 画得挺像的啊 |
[04:22] | Imagine sitting for an oil portrait in this day and age. | 想象一下在这个年代坐着被画成油画像 |
[04:25] | The hubris practically leaks off the canvas. | 那份傲慢都快从画布上淌下来了 |
[04:32] | You had sex this morning. | 你今早滚床单了 |
[04:35] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[04:36] | Your stride indicates a recent release of tension. | 你的脚步说明你的压力缓解了 |
[04:39] | Is Andrew in town? | 安德鲁回来了吗 |
[04:40] | Or have you taken another lover? | 还是你又有别的情人了 |
[04:43] | He got in yesterday. | 他昨天回来的 |
[04:44] | He’s back in town for good. | 他回来就不走了 |
[04:45] | The model factory’s up and running in Copenhagen, | 工厂在哥本哈根建立运营了 |
[04:47] | so now he can work from the States. | 所以他现在可以在美国工作了 |
[04:49] | And you can be a full-time couple. | 你们就可以做全职情侣了 |
[04:51] | You must be thrilled. | 你肯定很高兴 |
[04:52] | Absolutely. | 那当然 |
[04:54] | Sure. | 没错 |
[04:57] | So why are we looking into a cheating husband? | 我们为什么要查一个有外遇的丈夫 |
[04:59] | Are you that desperate for work? | 你就这么想干活吗 |
[05:01] | I used to relish my solitude. | 我曾经很享受我的孤独 |
[05:03] | But the truth is, I’ve grown accustomed | 但事实是 我已经渐渐习惯了 |
[05:06] | to having a companion at the Brownstone. | 在褐石屋有个人陪着我 |
[05:08] | The place feels a little bit empty these days. | 这些日子房子里有些空荡荡的 |
[05:10] | No word from Kitty? | 没有凯蒂的消息吗 |
[05:13] | You know you can always call me if you want to talk. | 你想聊天的话随时可以打给我 |
[05:15] | You want your independence. | 你想要独立 |
[05:17] | I will not intrude. | 我不想打扰你 |
[05:21] | Anyway, this work might turn out to be interesting. | 不管怎样 这项工作可能会变得很有趣 |
[05:25] | Before you got here, I told the receptionist | 在你来之前 我跟前台说 |
[05:27] | I was here to see Steven Horowitz. | 我是来见史蒂文·霍洛维茨的 |
[05:28] | She said there’s no one of that name working here. | 她说这里没有叫这个名字的人 |
[05:31] | His wife said Dorchester-Reid, right? | 他妻子说是多尔切斯特·里德公司 对吧 |
[05:35] | You’re the ones looking for Steven? | 你们就是来找史蒂文的人 |
[05:37] | Look, I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么跟你们说 |
[05:38] | Steven was an associate here until about six months ago. | 史蒂文直到六个月前都是这里的合伙人 |
[05:41] | They let him go. | 他们把他开除了 |
[05:42] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[05:43] | We have a bloodletting from time to time. | 我们时不时就有人被开除 |
[05:45] | Guess they didn’t think he was partner material. | 我猜他们觉得他不是当合伙人的料 |
[05:47] | His wife is under the impression he still works here. | 他妻子以为他还在这里工作 |
[05:49] | She gave us a phone number which matches your exchanges. | 她给了我们一个能打到你们接线处的号码 |
[05:52] | Like I said, don’t know what to tell you. | 我说了 我没什么能告诉你们的 |
[05:54] | But I got to go. | 但我得走了 |
[05:55] | This isn’t billable. | 跟你们说话又没钱赚 |
[06:02] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[06:03] | I’m calling the number Steven’s wife gave us. | 我在给史蒂文的妻子给我们的号码打电话 |
[06:08] | Steven Horowitz’s office. | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨的办公室 |
[06:10] | Yes, hello, is that the same Steven Horowitz | 你好 是那个在多尔切斯特·里德 |
[06:12] | who works as an attorney at Dorchester-Reid? | 做合伙人的史蒂文·霍洛维茨吗 |
[06:14] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[06:17] | You’re thinking whoever answered the phone is somewhere in there. | 你觉得接电话的人就在这里 |
[06:22] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[06:23] | I’ll only be a moment, I’m just… | 我马上就出来 |
[06:33] | Steven Horowitz’s office. | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨的办公室 |
[06:34] | Hello, is he in? | 你好 他在吗 |
[06:36] | Not at the moment– can I take a message? | 现在不在 需要留个字条吗 |
[06:38] | I’d really like to speak with him. | 我很想跟他谈谈 |
[06:39] | We’re supposed to be playing racquetball at the moment. | 我们约好了一起打壁球的 |
[06:41] | Racquetball? Steven doesn’t play racquetball. | 壁球 史蒂文不打壁球 |
[06:44] | Are you telling me I’m not standing on a racquetball court | 你是说我现在没有站在一个 |
[06:46] | as we speak? | 壁球场里吗 |
[06:48] | I don’t know where you are, sir. | 我不知道你在哪 先生 |
[06:50] | That’s a shame. | 真遗憾 |
[06:51] | If you had a bit more spatial awareness, | 如果你有一点空间意识的话 |
[06:52] | you’d realize I was standing right behind you. | 你就会意识到我就站在你后面 |
[06:58] | Would you mind telling us why you’re pretending | 你介意告诉我们为什么 |
[06:59] | to be the secretary of a man | 你要假装做一个 |
[07:00] | who hasn’t worked here in six months? | 已经离职半年的人的秘书吗 |
[07:46] | Please, you can’t tell anyone | 拜托 你不能告诉任何人 |
[07:48] | that I am still answering Steven’s phones. | 我还在接史蒂文的电话 |
[07:50] | They are always looking for an excuse | 他们总是在找借口 |
[07:51] | to fire people around here. | 开除雇员 |
[07:54] | Admins are in charge of deactivating the phones | 管理员应该在雇员被开除之后 |
[07:57] | when someone is let go, but Steven begged me not to. | 把他们的电话停用 但史蒂文求我别这样 |
[08:00] | He pays me a little every week just to keep answering. | 他每周给我一点钱让我继续接电话 |
[08:03] | So he wants people to think he’s still working here. | 所以他想让人们觉得他还在这里工作 |
[08:06] | I guess. | 我猜是的 |
[08:07] | It’s mostly his wife who calls. | 打电话来的基本都是他妻子 |
[08:08] | Just forward it to a cell most of the time. | 基本只要转到他手机上就行 |
[08:11] | That’s kind of a big lie– she never caught on? | 这个是个大谎 她从没发现吗 |
[08:13] | Steven and Jill are not the most connected couple. | 史蒂文和吉尔的关系并不那么亲密 |
[08:16] | She does a lot of charity work, he works long hours. | 她做很多慈善工作 他工作时间很长 |
[08:19] | I guess she would have found out eventually, | 我猜她最终会发现的 |
[08:21] | but I’m not surprised he fooled her. | 但我并不意外他会欺骗她 |
[08:23] | Is there any reason why he didn’t just tell her? | 他为什么不直接告诉她呢 |
[08:25] | He never said. | 他没说 |
[08:26] | But the name “Dorchester-Reid” opens a lot of doors. | 但多尔切斯特·里德的名头能给你许多好处 |
[08:29] | Steven and Jill live in a co-op building, | 史蒂文和吉尔住在一座共同住宅 |
[08:31] | they belong to the Braebury Club. | 他们是布拉博利乡村俱乐部的 |
[08:33] | I guess he just wanted to keep up appearances. | 我想他只是想看起来跟光鲜一些 |
[08:35] | that’s all fine and dandy until the bill comes due. | 一切都很美好 直到账单到期 |
[08:38] | I handled Steven’s mail for two years. | 我为史蒂文处理了两年的邮件 |
[08:40] | He didn’t have much savings, | 他没有多少存款 |
[08:42] | but there was money coming in from somewhere. | 但一直有钱进账 |
[08:47] | You think he was involved in something illegal? | 你觉得他在干一些违法的勾当 |
[08:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:50] | But his wife wasn’t the only one who called. | 但他妻子不是唯一打电话来的人 |
[08:53] | Some of the other people sounded a little… | 其他的人听起来有些… |
[08:56] | I don’t know, shady? | 不知道怎么说 很阴暗 |
[08:58] | Most of them wouldn’t even leave their names. | 大部分人都不愿意留下名字 |
[08:59] | When he offered me money to answer the phones, | 当初他聘请我去接这些电话 |
[09:02] | I assumed I’d get a check every week. | 我以为会每周收到支票 |
[09:04] | Instead, he sent cash. | 结果收到的是现金 |
[09:06] | It was like he didn’t want there to be a paper trail. | 感觉像是他不希望留下书面记录 |
[09:08] | Did you get paid recently? | 你最近有收到钱吗 |
[09:10] | Yeah, I got an envelope a couple days ago. | 有 我几天前收到一个信封 |
[09:12] | I was gonna bring it to the bank at lunch. | 我本想在午餐时带去银行的 |
[09:15] | Can I…? | 能给我看下吗 |
[09:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:25] | 收信人 阿什丽·麦迪娜 地址 多尔切斯特 里德 | |
[09:25] | No return address. | 没有寄信人地址 |
[09:27] | Postmarked 11101. | 邮戳编号11101 |
[09:30] | Long Island City. It’s not near his home. | 是长岛市邮编 离他家不近 |
[09:32] | Perhaps it’s near his new business. | 也许离他的新业务很近 |
[09:42] | This stain is horchata. | 这块污渍是杏仁茶 |
[09:44] | Specifically, Salvadoran horchata. | 确切来说 是萨尔瓦多杏仁茶 |
[09:46] | The morro seeds give it away. | 因为我尝出了摩洛种子 |
[09:48] | So his office might be near a place | 这么说他的办公室也许在长岛市 |
[09:49] | that serves Salvadoran food in Long Island City. | 某个靠近萨尔瓦多食品供应的地方 |
[09:52] | Thank you. You’ve been most helpful. | 谢谢 你帮了不少忙 |
[09:55] | You’re free to resume your life of tedium and petty deception. | 请继续过回你单调乏味的行骗生活吧 |
[10:02] | I give you Long Island City’s foremost purveyors | 这里是长岛市供应一流 |
[10:04] | of tamales, pupusas, and, of course, horchata. | 玉米粽 奶酪猪肉饼和杏仁茶的地方 |
[10:07] | According to the online reviews, | 根据网上评论 |
[10:09] | the cuisine is thoroughly authentic, although the ambience | 这边的菜肴相当正宗 |
[10:11] | can be ruined by the appearance of an occasional rat. | 尽管偶尔窜出来的耗子会有些煞风景 |
[10:14] | That explains the notice from the health department. | 所以卫生署才会贴出这样的布告 |
[10:17] | So, what are we looking for here? | 那我们在这里找什么呢 |
[10:18] | Signs of Steven? | 史蒂文的踪迹吗 |
[10:24] | Hey, have you ever thought about getting a roommate? | 你有想过找个室友吗 |
[10:27] | At times, you seem to understand me quite well, | 有时候 感觉你很了解我 |
[10:29] | and then you’ll do something like | 但紧接着你就会问我 |
[10:30] | ask if I’ve considered taking on a flatmate. | 要不要找室友这种问题 |
[10:33] | Why is that such a weird question? | 这个问题哪里不对了 |
[10:34] | You like being around people. | 你喜欢跟别人待在一起 |
[10:37] | You are not people, Watson. Neither was Kitty. | 你不是”人” 华生 凯蒂也不是 |
[10:39] | People, in case you haven’t noticed, | 怕你没看出来 我说明一下 |
[10:41] | are a crassulent, beef-witted lot. | 别”人”都非常”蠢鲁” 愚钝 |
[10:43] | Okay, no idea what crassulent means, | 听不懂什么叫”蠢鲁” |
[10:45] | but I’m not saying take an ad online. | 但我不是让你上网找室友 |
[10:47] | I mean, you’ve got a lot of interesting acquaintances. | 你生活中也有一些有趣的熟人 |
[10:49] | I’m sure one of them wouldn’t mind getting a cheap room | 我想他们中总会有人想在褐沙石豪宅里 |
[10:52] | in a huge brownstone. | 租个便宜的单间 |
[10:53] | And who do you have in mind? | 你有人选吗 |
[10:55] | it probably shouldn’t be someone from the program. | 戒瘾所里的人还是不要考虑了 |
[10:59] | Hey, what about Ms. Hudson? She’s smart. | 哈德森夫人怎么样 她很聪明 |
[11:01] | I know far too much about that woman’s love life as it is. | 那个女人的感情生活 我知道太多了 |
[11:05] | Mason’s too young. | 梅森太年轻了 |
[11:07] | What about the Nose? | “鼻子”怎么样 |
[11:09] | He seems tidy. | 他好像挺爱干净的 |
[11:10] | The Nose owns half of Washington Heights. | “鼻子”拥有华盛顿高区一半的豪宅 |
[11:11] | I hardly think he has use for my spare bedroom. | 我可不觉得他能瞧上我简朴的卧室 |
[11:14] | There has to be somebody. | 总会有个人吧 |
[11:16] | Thank goodness. | 感谢上苍 |
[11:17] | For what? | 感谢什么 |
[11:17] | I found a way out of this conversation. | 我知道怎么结束这个话题了 |
[11:20] | The file I gave you on Horowitz, | 我给你的那份霍洛维茨文件 |
[11:21] | you read the piece about his car? | 你看了有关他车的信息吗 |
[11:23] | Yeah, black Lexus, license plate begins with a “P,” I think. | 黑色雷克萨斯 车牌号好像以P开头 |
[11:26] | PCT PCT | |
[11:27] | 2093 2093. | |
[11:29] | This is his car. | 这是他的车 |
[11:37] | Street cleaning violation. | 违反了街道清理条例 |
[11:40] | Wednesday afternoon. | 星期三下午 |
[11:41] | This car has been here for a few days. | 这辆车在这里停了好几天了 |
[11:45] | SMH Incorporated. | SMH股份有限公司 |
[11:47] | Steven Matthew Horowitz. | 史蒂文·马修·霍洛维茨 |
[12:07] | Looks like this place shut down in a hurry. | 这地方看起来像是被匆忙关了 |
[12:15] | Judging by the age of the mold that has accrued in this cup, | 根据这杯里的霉菌增长值来判断 |
[12:18] | I’d say it was active less than a week ago. | 有一周没人在这里活动了 |
[12:20] | So around the same time that Steven disappeared. | 跟史蒂文消失的时间大致相同 |
[12:24] | The two are in all likelihood connected. | 两件事有很大关联 |
[12:27] | The question is, which came first? | 问题是哪一件先发生的 |
[12:34] | A lot of phones. | 很多电话 |
[12:36] | Looks like they were selling something. | 他们好像在卖什么东西 |
[12:45] | See the way the dust has settled? | 看见灰尘落下的痕迹了吗 |
[12:47] | There was a carpet runner here | 几天之前 |
[12:49] | on the floor until a few days ago. | 这里的地板上还铺了条地毯 |
[12:50] | The fire extinguisher is missing. | 灭火器不见了 |
[12:52] | No sign of a fire. | 没有起火迹象 |
[12:55] | I suspect it was used for off-label purposes. | 我怀疑被人拿去另作他用了 |
[13:00] | Looks like blood. | 看起来是血 |
[13:17] | This is reason enough to call Captain Gregson. | 这就足够让我给格雷森警监打电话了 |
[13:23] | That’s a piece of brain matter. | 那是一块脑浆 |
[13:27] | I just talked to the M.E. | 我刚跟法医谈过 |
[13:29] | Preliminary DNA confirms that the blood and brain matter | 初步DNA鉴定显示 血液和脑浆 |
[13:32] | both belong to Steven Horowitz. | 同属于史蒂文·霍洛维茨 |
[13:34] | We got canine units combing the area. | 警犬队全面搜查了那片区域 |
[13:36] | No sign of a body. | 没发现尸体 |
[13:37] | Be very surprised if you find one. | 找到才让人吃惊呢 |
[13:39] | The killer most likely wrapped it | 凶手极有可能用地毯 |
[13:40] | in the missing carpet runner and then transported it by car. | 将尸体包裹起来 用车运走了 |
[13:43] | So he could’ve gone anywhere. | 所以他可能去了任何地方 |
[13:44] | He? | 他吗 |
[13:45] | Steven Horowitz kept himself in reasonably good shape. | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨体型保持得不错 |
[13:47] | I think it’s very unlikely that a woman | 我认为一个女人不太可能 |
[13:49] | beat him to death with a fire extinguisher. | 用一个灭火器就把能他打死 |
[13:50] | Though not impossible, of course. | 当然不是没可能 |
[13:51] | Watson, I’ve got every confidence | 华生 我绝对相信 |
[13:52] | that you could brain a man with a metal tube | 只要你下定决心 用一根金属管 |
[13:54] | if you put your mind to it. | 你就能把一个男人打死 |
[13:56] | That’s very nice of you to say. | 真感谢你这么夸我 |
[13:58] | What about the wife? | 有可能是他妻子吗 |
[13:59] | You said they didn’t get along? | 你说过他们关系不和 |
[14:01] | You think she could’ve hired someone to do this? | 有可能会是她买凶杀人吗 |
[14:03] | We can’t rule it out. | 不排除这个可能 |
[14:05] | But I can’t imagine why she would commit murder | 但是我想不出她为何杀了人 |
[14:06] | and then hire me. | 还要再雇我 |
[14:09] | Where are we on SMH Inc.? | SMH公司查得怎么样了 |
[14:12] | Any idea what it is yet? | 查出是什么公司了吗 |
[14:13] | It’s been around since August. | 从八月份就开始活动了 |
[14:15] | Steven Horowitz was the only officer on record, | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨是唯一记录在案的负责人 |
[14:17] | so we’re pulling the W-2s to look for employees. | 所以我们会调出所有工资收入表来查找员工 |
[14:19] | I’ll let you know what we get. | 有发现就会通知你 |
[14:21] | What about the phone records? | 电话记录呢 |
[14:22] | The offices were clearly | 那间办公室 |
[14:23] | some sort of a calling center. | 很显然是什么呼叫中心 |
[14:25] | We’re running that down. | 我们会继续追查 |
[14:26] | Everyone’s closed for the night, | 晚上都关门了 |
[14:28] | but we should have them first thing. | 但明天一早我们就去查 |
[14:29] | Okay, I got to notify the wife. | 好 我去通知他妻子 |
[14:33] | Perhaps you and I should retire to my home, | 也许你该跟我回家 |
[14:35] | develop further theories. | 我们继续推理 |
[14:37] | What’s to develop? We’ll get the records | 还有什么好推理的 |
[14:38] | in the morning and go from there. | 明早拿到记录再分析 |
[14:41] | Would you rather not be alone? | 你不想一个人待着吗 |
[14:44] | Don’t talk twaddle. | 别瞎说 |
[14:44] | I just want to maintain focus. | 我只想集中精神 |
[14:46] | I’d hang out, but I’m making dinner with Andrew tonight. | 我想去消遣 但我要给安德鲁做晚餐 |
[14:48] | I don’t hang out, Watson. | 我不是消遣 华生 |
[14:50] | call me if you’re going crazy, and think about the roommate. | 你要是疯了就打给我 考虑下室友的事 |
[14:55] | I’m not moving in with you. | 我可不要跟你住 |
[14:57] | I didn’t ask you to. | 我又没问你 |
[14:59] | The Tribeca space is obviously centrally located, | 翠贝卡地区绝对是中心地段 |
[15:02] | but I don’t know. It’s small. | 但我说不好 太小了 |
[15:04] | And it’s Tribeca. | 还是翠贝卡地区 |
[15:06] | People are very cool in Tribeca. | 翠贝卡的人都很酷 |
[15:08] | You’re cool. | 你也很酷 |
[15:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:10] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思 |
[15:11] | If I go to Bushwick, I get actual bay windows, | 如果我去布什威克 会住带飘窗的房子 |
[15:14] | an office with a door that closes, | 一间独立办公室 |
[15:16] | and room to grow. | 还有房间可他用 |
[15:18] | Sounds like you already made up your mind. | 看来你做好决定了 |
[15:21] | Go Bushwick. | 去布什威克 |
[15:25] | So, dinner is ready. | 晚餐好了 |
[15:28] | Okay, don’t judge me. | 别评判我的厨艺 |
[15:32] | hey, my dad called this afternoon. | 我爸今天下午来电话了 |
[15:34] | he’s in town tomorrow on business. | 他明天过来出差 |
[15:36] | He wants to take us out for dinner. | 他想请我们吃晚餐 |
[15:39] | If you’re free, that is. | 如果你有空的话 |
[15:41] | sure. | 好 |
[15:43] | I’d love to meet him. | 我很想见他 |
[15:44] | Don’t worry. | 别紧张 |
[15:45] | It’s not meeting my dad. | 不是见家长 |
[15:47] | It’s just dinner. | 只是一顿饭 |
[15:48] | Totally low-key. | 不是什么大事 |
[15:51] | Can I tell him 7:30? | 可以跟他约七点半吗 |
[15:54] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[16:01] | Hello! | 你好 |
[16:02] | Seriously, at the end of the day, | 说真的 一天结束时 |
[16:03] | do you think, “Wow, I really harassed a lot of people today?” | 你会觉得 “我今天骚扰了不少人吗” |
[16:05] | ‘Cause I think if I had your job, | 因为如果我干你的工作 |
[16:07] | I’d probably just kill myself. | 我可能会自杀 |
[16:08] | Madam, I merely obtained your phone number | 女士 我只是通过SMH公司 |
[16:10] | through SMH Incorporated. | 获得了你的电话号 |
[16:12] | I am not affiliated with them. | 我跟他们没有关系 |
[16:14] | I’m warning you, don’t call here again. | 我警告你 别再给我打电话了 |
[16:17] | Friend of yours? | 你朋友吗 |
[16:18] | That was Ms. Ruth Talbert | 是露丝·塔伯特女士 |
[16:20] | from Taos, New Mexico. | 来自新墨西哥州的陶斯 |
[16:22] | Detective Bell sent the phone records | 贝尔警探今早 |
[16:24] | from Steven’s office earlier this morning. | 把史蒂文办公室的通话记录发来了 |
[16:25] | I’ve been calling the numbers in an effort | 为了弄清SMH公司是干什么的 |
[16:27] | to find out what SMH Incorporated was up to | 也为了或许能找出嫌犯 |
[16:29] | and perhaps turn up a suspect or two. | 我正给好多人打电话 |
[16:32] | Sounds like you found one. | 听上去你找到了一个 |
[16:34] | As a matter of fact, I found thousands of them. | 事实上 我找到了成千上万个 |
[16:39] | Everyone who received a phone call | 每一个接到SMH公司电话的人 |
[16:40] | from SMH Incorporated had motive to kill Steven Horowitz. | 都有杀死史蒂文·霍洛维茨的动机 |
[16:50] | Steven Horowitz was a debt merchant. | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨是债务商人 |
[16:53] | A what now? | 什么商人 |
[16:54] | Someone somewhere buys, let’s say, a Jet Ski on credit. | 比如说 有人用信用卡买了辆水上摩托艇 |
[16:58] | Then she loses her job | 她失业了 |
[16:59] | and she stops paying. | 不再还款了 |
[17:00] | Another person dislikes the curvature of his buttocks, | 另一个人不喜欢自己的臀部曲线 |
[17:02] | so he splurges on a set of implants. | 于是他花了重金去垫臀 |
[17:04] | Another soul eyes an Italian supercar and thinks, | 另一个人看上了一辆意大利超级跑车 |
[17:06] | “Why not me?” | 心想”我干嘛不买” |
[17:07] | People buy things they can’t afford. | 人们购买自己负担不起的东西 |
[17:08] | I’m aware of the concept. | 我明白是什么概念了 |
[17:10] | Many, many people. | 很多很多人 |
[17:11] | Much of it is frivolous, some of it is not. | 大部分人是轻率 有些不是 |
[17:13] | But every such purchase flows into a massive ocean | 但每一次这样的购买都流入消费债务的 |
[17:16] | of consumer debt. | 巨大海洋中 |
[17:18] | In this country alone, it adds up to $2.4 trillion, | 仅在本国 加起来就有2.4万亿美元 |
[17:21] | most of it owed to credit card companies. | 大部分人欠信用卡公司的钱 |
[17:24] | Horowitz did not work for a credit card company. | 霍洛维茨不在信用卡公司工作 |
[17:26] | True, but such corporations have a policy of giving up | 对 但这样的企业有一项政策 |
[17:30] | on trying to collect unpaid debt after 180 days. | 就是放弃催缴超过180天未付清的欠款 |
[17:33] | Someone’s decided it’s just not worth the effort. | 有人觉得不值得费这么大劲 |
[17:35] | So they sell it on. | 他们会把账单卖掉 |
[17:38] | They sell the debt? | 把债务卖掉 |
[17:40] | To who? | 卖给谁 |
[17:41] | Why would anyone buy an unpaid bill? | 为什么有人会买没付款的账单 |
[17:43] | Because you can get it at a steep discount. | 因为可以获得很大的折扣 |
[17:45] | Let’s say you purchase $10,000 worth of debt | 假设你用一千块钱买了 |
[17:49] | for $1,000. | 一万块钱的债 |
[17:51] | You’re then able to harass or otherwise | 然后你就可以去骚扰债务人 |
[17:52] | wring $5,000 out of your unfortunate creditees. | 或者给他免去五千块钱的债务 |
[17:56] | You’ve then made… | 这样你就赚了… |
[17:57] | $4,000. | 四千块钱 |
[17:58] | As a way to make a living, | 这种赚钱的方式 |
[17:59] | it’s more than a bit declasse, | 非常下三滥 |
[18:01] | which is why Steven kept it hidden from his wife. | 所以史蒂文才一直瞒着他的妻子 |
[18:03] | But it can also be very lucrative, | 不过这也是非常有利可图的 |
[18:05] | which is why he was doing it in the first place. | 所以他才干起了这行 |
[18:07] | we’re gonna need a phone bank | 我们得装很多部电话 |
[18:08] | of our own just to sort through all these people. | 才能查清所有的这些人 |
[18:10] | Actually, we’re going to the precinct. | 其实 我们要去警局了 |
[18:13] | I asked Detective Bell to sort through the W-2s | 我让贝尔警探去查一下 |
[18:15] | from Steven’s company. | 史蒂文公司的税单 |
[18:17] | He’s bringing in an employee named Eduardo Pena. | 他雇了一名员工 叫爱德华多·佩尼亚 |
[18:21] | Any one of those people on the wall | 墙上的每一个人 |
[18:23] | had motive to want Steven gone. | 都有杀史蒂文的动机 |
[18:24] | And I wouldn’t rule them out, | 所以我不会把他们排除掉 |
[18:26] | but the debt collection industry | 不过收债的人会因为雇一些 |
[18:27] | is notorious for hiring convicts and recent parolees. | 罪犯或者假释的人而声名狼藉 |
[18:30] | I think it’s equally likely that Steven ran afoul | 我觉得很有可能史蒂文遇到了 |
[18:32] | of one of his shadowy new associates. | 一个干过坏事的同事 |
[18:34] | Someone like Eduardo Pena. | 像爱德华多·佩尼亚这样的人 |
[18:36] | The man does have a history of incarceration and violent assault. | 这个人有监禁和暴力袭击的历史 |
[18:46] | Copies of the W-2 forms from SMH Incorporated. | SMH公司税单的复印件 |
[18:48] | Bell hasn’t arrived with Mr. Pena yet, | 贝尔还没带佩尼亚回来 |
[18:50] | so I thought we could look through them while we wait | 所以我想在等他们的时候先看一下 |
[18:51] | and see if there’s anything untoward. | 看看有没有什么特别的 |
[18:53] | 安德鲁 去玛丽亚那餐厅吃晚饭可以吗? | |
[19:00] | Why did you lie? | 你为什么要说谎 |
[19:01] | What? | 什么 |
[19:02] | That’s an Argentinian steakhouse. | 那是家阿根廷牛排馆 |
[19:03] | It’s an established fact that you abhor chimichurri sauce. | 而你不喜欢阿根廷香辣酱 |
[19:06] | First of all, don’t read over my shoulder. | 首先 不要在我身后偷看 |
[19:08] | And it wasn’t a lie. I’m being polite. | 其次 我这不是说谎 是有礼貌 |
[19:10] | We’re having dinner with Andrew’s father tonight. | 我们今晚要跟安德鲁的父亲一起吃饭 |
[19:11] | He probably picked the place. | 可能是他选的地方 |
[19:13] | I’m not gonna say I won’t go there. | 我不能拒绝 |
[19:14] | Meeting the parents. | 见家长 |
[19:16] | That’s an important milestone in your romantic passion play. | 这是你们恋爱期间重要的里程碑 |
[19:18] | No, I’m not meeting his parents. I’m having dinner | 不 我不是去见家长 |
[19:20] | with his father. It’s no big deal. | 只是和他父亲吃晚饭 不是大事 |
[19:21] | Then why is it making you so tense? | 那你为什么这么紧张 |
[19:23] | I’m not tense about the meal. | 我不是因为吃晚饭的事紧张 |
[19:23] | I’m tense about you grilling me about it. | 而是因为你一直在盘问我 |
[19:26] | No. | 不是 |
[19:29] | Marcus is here. | 马库斯来了 |
[19:30] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[19:33] | Steven and I worked our first debt package together | 几个月前 史蒂文和我做成了 |
[19:35] | a few months ago. | 我们的第一笔生意 |
[19:37] | It was his first time. | 那是他的第一次 |
[19:39] | I kind of showed him the ropes. | 我教给他该怎么做 |
[19:41] | And you were working on another project together, | 而且你当时还在做另一项生意 |
[19:44] | weren’t you? | 对吧 |
[19:45] | Out in Long Island City? | 在长岛市 |
[19:47] | Steven got tipped to a big package. | 史蒂文搞到了一大堆账单 |
[19:49] | He called it the Mother Lode. | 他管它叫主矿脉 |
[19:51] | Millions and millions’ worth of debt | 好几百万的债务 |
[19:53] | that he picked up on the cheap. | 他用便宜的价格买来的 |
[19:54] | How many millions? | 有几百万 |
[19:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:57] | Steven never showed me the whole list. | 史蒂文从不给我看整份名单 |
[20:00] | He’d just give us names to call every day. | 他只是给我每天要打电话的人的名字 |
[20:02] | Why were your offices shut down? | 你们的办公室为什么关了 |
[20:04] | I don’t really know. | 我不清楚 |
[20:06] | Sometimes if Steven had his hooks into someone | 有时如果史蒂文勾上欠很多钱的大鱼 |
[20:09] | who owed big money and they lived nearby, | 而且他们又住得很近的话 |
[20:11] | he’d drive out to see him, | 他会开车去见他 |
[20:13] | try to collect in person. | 亲自收钱 |
[20:15] | He went out on one of those errands last week, | 他上周就是去干这事了 |
[20:18] | came back, told us all to go home. | 回来后把我们全部炒了 |
[20:20] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[20:22] | Who did he see? | 他去见谁了 |
[20:23] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[20:24] | He just said we were done collecting on the package– | 他只是说我们不再收账单了 |
[20:26] | which was ridiculous, ’cause we hadn’t even called a third | 这很可笑 因为我们打电话的人还不到 |
[20:29] | of the names yet. | 名单上的三分之一 |
[20:30] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[20:32] | Thought you never saw the whole list. | 你不是说没有看到整份名单吗 |
[20:37] | Just a guess. | 我猜的 |
[20:38] | He’s lying. | 他在说谎 |
[20:39] | Badly. | 还很拙劣 |
[20:42] | Who are you calling? | 你给谁打电话 |
[20:43] | The phone company. I’m gonna pretend to be Mr. Pena. | 电话公司 我要冒充佩尼亚先生 |
[20:46] | You must have been pretty upset, | 就这么不明不白地丢了工作 |
[20:48] | losing a job out of nowhere like that. | 你一定很生气吧 |
[20:51] | I was wondering when you were gonna get to that. | 我还好奇你什么时候才能问这句 |
[20:54] | You think I killed Steven, right? | 你觉得是我杀了史蒂文 对吧 |
[20:56] | Makes sense. | 合情合理 |
[20:58] | He fired me. | 他炒了我 |
[21:00] | I’ve got a rap sheet. | 而我又有很厚的案底 |
[21:02] | He died, what, a couple days ago? | 他就在几天前死的 对吧 |
[21:04] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[21:05] | Steven let everybody go last week. | 史蒂文上周把所有人都炒了 |
[21:08] | I left for Springfield, Ohio, the next day. | 我第二天就去了俄亥俄州的斯普林菲尔德市 |
[21:10] | Got back last night. | 昨天晚上才回来的 |
[21:12] | What were you doing there? | 你去那干什么 |
[21:13] | Nephew’s birthday party. | 参加侄子的生日聚会 |
[21:15] | I’ll show you the travel receipts if you want. | 你们如果想看的话 我可以把旅行票据给你们 |
[21:18] | He might not have killed Steven Horowitz, | 他可能没有杀害史蒂文·霍洛维茨 |
[21:20] | but he’s lying about one thing. | 但有一件事他说谎了 |
[21:21] | He has the complete list of debts. | 他有债务人的整份名单 |
[21:23] | He stole it. | 他偷的 |
[21:24] | Who’s that? | 这是谁 |
[21:26] | Mr. Pena just installed 14 new phone lines at his apartment. | 佩尼亚先生在他的家里刚安装了十四部电话 |
[21:29] | He’s opening a boiler room of his own. | 他是要自己另起炉灶 |
[21:32] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[21:33] | If we look around your place, | 如果我们去你家搜查 |
[21:34] | are we gonna find Steven’s list of debtors? | 会不会找出史蒂文的债务人名单 |
[21:37] | If we do, that’s criminal possession of stolen property. | 如果找到了 你就犯了非法占有偷窃物品罪 |
[21:40] | That’s a felony charge and a parole violation. | 这可是重罪 而且你也违反了假释条例 |
[21:42] | Now, of course, if your alibi checks out, | 当然了 如果你的不在场证据被证实了 |
[21:45] | you give us the list voluntarily… | 而且又主动交出名单 |
[21:46] | we might be able to work something out with your P.O. | 我们或许可以跟你的假释官求求情 |
[21:50] | Presenting the Mother Lode. | 这就是主矿脉 |
[21:53] | There looks, at first glance, | 粗略一看 |
[21:54] | to be around $20 million worth of unpaid bills. | 就有差不多两千万的账单 |
[21:57] | So what are we looking for in here? | 我们要从这里面找什么 |
[21:59] | Any large amounts | 数额大的账单 |
[22:00] | owed by residents of Naugatuck, Connecticut. | 由康涅狄格州诺格塔克地区居民所欠的 |
[22:03] | We have Steven’s EZ Pass records | 在史蒂文消失前 |
[22:05] | and cell phone tower pings | 他在诺格塔克的乡村公路上 |
[22:07] | from a rural route in Naugatuck | 有过路收费记录 |
[22:09] | shortly before his disappearance. | 以及手机信号 |
[22:10] | He had no normal business there, | 他在那没有什么正常的生意 |
[22:11] | so perhaps he was looking for one of his debtors. | 所以他可能是去那找债务人 |
[22:13] | So you want to find out | 这么说你是想知道 |
[22:14] | what happened in that face-to-face visit. | 那次见面发生了什么 |
[22:16] | Everything was proceeding quite normally up to that point, | 在那之前所有事都进行得很顺利 |
[22:18] | so we need to learn what scared Steven | 所以我们得查清楚是什么 |
[22:20] | into closing his business. | 吓得史蒂文要关门 |
[22:23] | You really mustn’t feel badly | 你一定非常 |
[22:24] | about not wanting to meet Andrew’s parents. | 不想见安德鲁的家长吧 |
[22:26] | The man’s always been something of | 那个男人对你来说 |
[22:27] | a placeholder for you. | 就是个替补 |
[22:28] | “Placeholder”? I never said that. | “替补” 我可没这么说过 |
[22:30] | You’ve also, in all the time you’ve dated, | 而且 你每次恋爱时 |
[22:31] | never displayed even a hint of the intoxication | 都没有表现出一丝陪伴爱人的 |
[22:33] | which accompanies new love. | 喜悦之情 |
[22:35] | The man is back permanently, | 他回来定居了 |
[22:36] | seeking a modest escalation of the relationship, | 希望你们的关系能更进一步 |
[22:38] | and you’re forced to confront | 而你要不得不面对 |
[22:39] | your lack of passion for the man. | 你对男人缺乏激情的问题 |
[22:41] | That’s a line of thinking which leads | 这种想法将最终 |
[22:42] | inevitably to a breakup. | 不可避免地导致分手 |
[22:44] | I don’t want to break up with Andrew. | 我不想跟安德鲁分手 |
[22:45] | We’re just sort of starting out. | 我们才刚开始 |
[22:47] | If you don’t want to break up with him, | 如果你不想跟他分手 |
[22:48] | then why does the idea of meeting his parents | 那为什么见他家长这件事 |
[22:50] | fill you with a nameless dread? | 让你如此害怕 |
[22:52] | I… | 我… |
[22:53] | Don’t answer that right away. | 不要马上回答 |
[22:54] | Actually, we’ll have plenty of time to think, | 我们有很长时间可以想这事 |
[22:55] | ’cause we’re driving to Connecticut. | 因为我们要去康涅狄格州了 |
[22:57] | You found someone. | 你找到了 |
[22:58] | Owen Downey. | 欧文·唐尼 |
[22:59] | According to this list, he has accumulated | 根据名单上显示 他欠了 |
[23:01] | several hundred thousand dollars’ worth of debt. | 几十万块钱的债 |
[23:05] | Owen Downey has a felony record, | 欧文·唐尼曾经犯过重罪 |
[23:07] | so if he doesn’t answer the door… | 所以如果他不开门… |
[23:09] | We don’t pick the lock. | 我们也不能撬锁 |
[23:14] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[23:15] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[23:16] | We’re consultants with the NYPD. | 我们是纽约警局的顾问 |
[23:18] | We’d like to see Owen Downey. | 我们想见见欧文·唐尼 |
[23:20] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[23:21] | Owen’s having his treatment right now. | 唐尼现在正在接受治疗 |
[23:23] | We just have a few questions for him. | 我们只是想问他几个问题 |
[23:25] | It’s kind of been a long drive. | 我们大老远赶来的 |
[23:27] | Well, if you’re willing to wait, | 如果你们愿意等的话 |
[23:28] | you can talk to him in a minute, | 过一会就可以和他说话了 |
[23:29] | but right now Owen isn’t saying anything. | 可是现在 欧文什么也说不了 |
[23:37] | I don’t think that man’s bludgeoned anyone recently. | 我觉得他最近不可能打过人 |
[23:40] | What’s his diagnosis? | 他的诊断结果是什么 |
[23:42] | Emphysema. | 肺气肿 |
[23:43] | Owen thinks he picked it up working construction, | 欧文觉得他是在当建筑工人时得上的 |
[23:46] | but he never got any money out of the company. | 不过他的公司没给过任何补偿 |
[23:49] | I’m Owen’s aunt. | 我是欧文的姨妈 |
[23:50] | I work at a hospital in town. | 在市里的医院工作 |
[23:52] | I come by whenever I can, | 我有空就过来看看 |
[23:54] | get him whatever medicine I can get my hands on. | 把我能弄到的药给他用上 |
[23:56] | During your visits, have you ever seen this man? | 你来这的时候 见过这个人吗 |
[23:59] | Sure. Steven. | 是的 史蒂文 |
[24:01] | He’s been out here a few times. | 他来过好几次 |
[24:03] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[24:04] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不好 |
[24:06] | He was murdered. | 他被谋杀了 |
[24:07] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天哪 |
[24:09] | I’m so sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾 |
[24:11] | I know Steven was struggling to find his way, | 我知道史蒂文有些不择手段 |
[24:14] | but he was a good man. | 不过他是个好人 |
[24:16] | A good man? He was trying to collect money from your nephew. | 好人 他想从你侄子身上收债 |
[24:19] | At first. | 起先是这样 |
[24:21] | Then he talked to Owen for a while. | 然后他和欧文谈了谈 |
[24:23] | The second time I saw him here, he brought groceries. | 第二次见他来的时候 他还买了些生活用品 |
[24:26] | Then last week, he told Owen | 等到上周 他告诉欧文 |
[24:28] | he didn’t owe him anything anymore. | 他不欠他任何债了 |
[24:30] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[24:31] | It was like a miracle. | 简直是个奇迹 |
[24:33] | Steven said he couldn’t live with what he was doing, | 史蒂文说自己不该再继续做这种事了 |
[24:35] | he couldn’t bleed money out of people | 他不能再从那些 |
[24:36] | who were down on their luck anymore. | 已经不走运的家伙身上诈取钱财了 |
[24:38] | He was forgiving Owen’s debt. | 他把欧文的债一笔勾销了 |
[24:41] | Maybe that’s why he closed the business. | 也许这就是他关掉公司的原因 |
[24:43] | He wasn’t just absolving Owen’s debt, | 他不仅免除了欧文的债 |
[24:45] | he was doing it for everyone in that file. | 他还要免除名单上所有人的债 |
[24:48] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[24:51] | Steven Horowitz may not have been killed | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨之所会被谋杀 |
[24:53] | because he was a debt collector, | 并非因为他是个收债人 |
[24:54] | he may have been killed because he was a debt forgiver. | 而是因为他是个免债人 |
[25:05] | So Steven Horowitz was what, some kind of Robin Hood? | 你是说史蒂文·霍洛维茨是个罗宾汉吗 |
[25:08] | Mm, the analogy is not perfect, | 这个比喻并不怎么准确 |
[25:10] | but in a manner of speaking, yes. | 但是某种角度上来说 确实如此 |
[25:12] | He didn’t set out to forgive a massive parcel of debt. | 他的出发点并不是为了免除他人的债务 |
[25:15] | He had every intention of collecting on the Mother Lode | 他之前盘算着按主矿脉上的名单收债 |
[25:17] | but somewhere along the way had an epiphany. | 但是久而久之突然良心发现了 |
[25:20] | So it’s kind of like the Grinch giving back Christmas. | 有点像鬼精灵送还了圣诞节的情节 |
[25:22] | Well, good on Steven. What has this | 他真善良 不过这一点 |
[25:24] | got to do with his murder? | 和他被谋杀又有什么关系呢 |
[25:26] | An entirely pertinent question. | 这个问题切中要害 |
[25:27] | Before he could process the paperwork | 就在他要处理那些 |
[25:29] | which would actually have registered | 已被他免除的债务文件之前 |
[25:30] | the debt as settled, Steven was murdered. | 他就被谋杀了 |
[25:33] | You think someone wanted to stop him from doing that? | 你认为有人不希望他这么做吗 |
[25:35] | I think Steven had very little in the way of savings. | 我认为史蒂文自己并没有多少积蓄 |
[25:38] | Someone would have alerted him | 之前是其他人告诉了他 |
[25:40] | to the existence of the Mother Lode. | 主矿脉的存在 |
[25:42] | It was a package which, if worked properly, | 这个计划如果操作得当的话 |
[25:44] | could set him up for life. | 能让他以后都衣食无忧了 |
[25:45] | But it would cost millions of dollars to purchase. | 但那些文件本身价值上百万 |
[25:47] | So he had investors? | 所以他还有其他投资人 |
[25:49] | And who purchases shares | 谁会去买 |
[25:50] | in large packets of unpaid debt? | 这么多未还的债务呢 |
[25:53] | A rogues’ gallery. | 全是流氓恶棍 |
[25:55] | Those who spend their lives | 那些终日 |
[25:56] | in the twilight between the legal and the criminal. | 游走在黑白两道中间的人 |
[25:58] | I give you… | 请看 |
[26:00] | the principal investors in SMH Incorporated. | SMH股份有限公司的主要投资人 |
[26:04] | Is that Sam Gianini? | 那是山姆·吉尔尼尼吗 |
[26:05] | The reputed head of what is left of the city’s crime family | 本市主要犯罪集团的头目 |
[26:08] | invested through a shell corporation named after his niece. | 通过他侄女名下的空壳公司进行了投资 |
[26:11] | Grace Yee, | 格雷丝·绮 |
[26:12] | doyenne of Brooklyn’s offtrack betting economy; | 控制着布鲁克林非法赌博业的女首脑 |
[26:15] | Walker Tolan, curator of sex clubs | 沃克·托朗 色情行业的老大 |
[26:17] | which connect money to Wall Street | 提供各类秀色可餐的男女 |
[26:18] | with pliable young men and women… | 其交易甚至能追溯到华尔街 |
[26:20] | I would go on, but you get the picture– | 后面还有 不过你们应该懂了 |
[26:21] | there’s no one here you would invite to high tea. | 都是些臭名昭著的人物 |
[26:23] | No one you’d want to stiff on their seed money, either. | 没人敢随便动他们的钱 |
[26:26] | Precisely. Steven Horowitz’s spiritual awakening | 正是如此 史蒂文·霍洛维茨的良心发现 |
[26:28] | had the unhappy side effect | 触犯了别人的利益 |
[26:31] | of enraging a cross-section of blackguards and highwaymen. | 惹怒了那些地痞流氓 |
[26:34] | It’s our job to figure out which one of them killed him. | 我们要找出是他们中的谁动了手 |
[26:36] | Well, with that group, would’ve been a race to the finish line. | 看起来并非难事 |
[26:41] | So, obviously I did not become | 我当康戒陪护 |
[26:43] | a sober companion to be a detective. | 并不是为了成为一名侦探 |
[26:45] | I didn’t even know I wanted to be a detective | 直到我成为一名侦探之后 |
[26:46] | until I actually started doing it. | 才知道这是我的理想工作 |
[26:48] | I mean,I resisted it for a long time, but I’m really glad | 起先我犹豫了很久 不过还好 |
[26:51] | I made the switch. | 我接受了这份工作 |
[26:52] | So… | 那么 |
[26:55] | surgeon… | 先是外科医生 |
[26:56] | sober companion… | 再是康戒陪护 |
[26:58] | detective. | 然后成为了一名侦探 |
[26:58] | I-I know it sounds meandering when I describe it, | 我知道这说起来挺曲折的 |
[27:00] | but I promise you it all felt very organic while | 但是我向你保证 事情就是 |
[27:03] | it was actually happening. | 自然而然发展成那样的 |
[27:04] | That’s a rather perfect description | 这种说法正是大部分人 |
[27:05] | of most people’s lives. | 生活的写照 |
[27:07] | I find your story inspiring, actually. | 你的故事很令人启发 |
[27:10] | I think my mother would say “flighty,” but… thanks. | 我妈会所我”没有恒心” 不过谢谢夸奖 |
[27:13] | Well, of course she would. | 她当然会这么认为 |
[27:15] | We worry about our children. | 我们都会替孩子担心 |
[27:17] | That never goes away. But to me, | 这点永远不变 但我觉得 |
[27:19] | it sounds like you found your passion. | 你似乎找到了你真正热爱的东西 |
[27:22] | You were open to it when it presented itself; you didn’t settle. | 凡事全身心投入 不随遇而安 |
[27:25] | It’s exactly the sense of adventure Andrew’s mother and I | 这种冒险精神正是安德鲁的母亲和我 |
[27:28] | tried to foster in our own children. | 希望我们的孩子能够学到的一点 |
[27:30] | You guys enrolled me in a programming class in third grade. | 你们在我三年级时替我报名了一个编程班 |
[27:33] | And look at you now. | 看看你现在的成就 |
[27:36] | I’m sorry it’s taken so long for us to get together. | 过了这么久我们才有见面的机会 真是遗憾 |
[27:39] | You’re remarkable. | 你非常了不起 |
[27:51] | Watson, what are you doing here? | 华生 你来这儿干吗 |
[27:53] | Well, I just came here to punch you. | 我就是来打你一拳 |
[27:57] | What was that for? | 为什么 |
[27:59] | I hate it when you’re right. | 我讨厌你总是对的 |
[28:00] | Is this about your dinner? | 是关于你的晚饭吗 |
[28:02] | It was totally a Meet the Parents thing. | 完全是见家长的节奏 |
[28:05] | There really is no version of meeting someone’s parents | 见家长的时候 |
[28:07] | that doesn’t involve actually meeting their parents. | 都是要见到家长本人的 |
[28:09] | You know what I mean. And Andrew’s father | 你懂我的意思 安德鲁的父亲 |
[28:10] | was so amazing– he was warm and welcoming. | 简直无可挑剔 热情又友好 |
[28:12] | He was obviously so thrilled that I was dating his son. | 显然我和他儿子交往令他很满意 |
[28:14] | I mean, it went about as well as you could possibly imagine. | 事情进展得超乎寻常地顺利 |
[28:17] | And yet… | 但是 |
[28:18] | I didn’t want any of it. | 我并不希望如此 |
[28:21] | I just didn’t feel comfortable. | 我不习惯这样 |
[28:22] | I mean, Andrew is smart, he’s kind, | 安德鲁聪明又善良 |
[28:24] | he doesn’t dress like a high school student | 他从来不会穿得 |
[28:25] | who just got expelled. What is wrong with me? | 像个刚被开除的高中生 我这是怎么了 |
[28:27] | I’m not feeling anything I’m supposed to be feeling. | 我现在的情绪完全出乎自己的意料 |
[28:29] | I’m an expert in many things, but love is not one of them. | 我是很多方面的专家 不过情感并非其中之一 |
[28:32] | I do know, however, it cannot be reduced | 不过我明白 爱并不是 |
[28:34] | to a checklist of traits. | 单靠罗列其优缺点就能概括的感受 |
[28:36] | You know, you might have to accept | 你和安德鲁的感情 |
[28:38] | the fact that whatever your relationship with Andrew means, | 并不是你真正想要的东西 |
[28:41] | you just don’t want it. | 你应该尝试接受这点 |
[28:45] | Then what do I want? | 那我想要的是什么 |
[28:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:47] | While you’re sorting that out, you might inadvertently | 等你找到以后 说不定 |
[28:50] | be treating a kind man… rather shabbily. | 你会发现自己一直在对一个好人做错的事 |
[28:57] | Well, I-I know what has to happen. | 我知道这一切是不可避免了 |
[29:00] | What are you up to, anyway? | 你在干什么 |
[29:01] | Why-why are you making Clyde paint? | 你为什么在让克莱德画画 |
[29:03] | I’m not forcing him to do anything. | 我没有逼它做任何事 |
[29:04] | He enjoys it. | 它乐在其中 |
[29:07] | It’s quite soothing to watch… | 我在等着自取其辱的时候 |
[29:09] | while I wait to be humiliated. | 看着它画画会让我稍显宽慰 |
[29:12] | When we parted company, we were assuming that Steven Horowitz | 你走的时候 我们还认为 |
[29:15] | was murdered by one of his investors. | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨是被他的投资人谋杀的 |
[29:17] | Now, cursory investigation has revealed that to be false. | 简单调查之后 证明这个假设是错的 |
[29:20] | Steven, it turns out, worked enough of the Mother Lode | 原来史蒂文在良心发现之前 |
[29:22] | to pay off his investors | 已经从主矿脉里 |
[29:23] | before he had his change of heart. | 赚到了足够的钱来回报他的投资人了 |
[29:25] | So if it wasn’t one of them… | 如果凶手不是那些人的话… |
[29:27] | We are quite without suspect. | 我们就少了怀疑目标了 |
[29:29] | In an effort to dredge one up, | 为了挖掘嫌疑人 |
[29:31] | I’ve been thinking about the nature of debt. | 我一直在思考债务本身的问题 |
[29:33] | It is, first and foremost, | 首先 |
[29:34] | leverage that one person holds over another. | 这是一种人与人之间的经济关系 |
[29:37] | Okay. | 同意 |
[29:38] | Given that, | 鉴于此 |
[29:39] | I’ve been wondering if perhaps our killer had reason | 我在想凶手是否事出有因 |
[29:41] | to want someone in that portfolio– | 希望名单中的人 |
[29:43] | or someones– to stay in debt. | 维持着欠债的状态 |
[29:46] | Before he had his change of heart, | 在他良心发现之前 |
[29:48] | Steven drove all the way out to Connecticut | 史蒂文一路开车到康涅狄格州 |
[29:49] | to hound one man– Owen Downey. | 就为了找到欧文·唐尼这个人 |
[29:52] | Now, there are other people listed on the Mother Lode | 而主矿脉的名单上还有其他人 |
[29:54] | who owed more money and lived nearby. | 他们就住附近而且欠债更多 |
[29:56] | Steven focused on Owen. | 史蒂文执着于欧文 |
[29:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:00] | Upon revisiting Owen, | 重新翻看欧文的资料之后 |
[30:02] | I discovered something quite interesting | 我发现他的住宅区 |
[30:03] | about his community– all of the properties | 有些古怪 欧文的房子 |
[30:07] | within a five-mile radius of Owen’s house | 方圆八公里之内的所有地产 |
[30:10] | were purchased over the last two years | 在最近的两年里都被同一家开发商收购了 |
[30:11] | by the same property developer: Jay Stern Investments. | 杰·斯特恩投资公司 |
[30:15] | For what? | 为什么 |
[30:16] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[30:16] | Hasn’t been made public yet. | 项目用途还没有公开 |
[30:18] | I’ve asked our friends at Everyone | 我让”人人”的朋友 |
[30:20] | to have a look behind Stern Investments’ firewalls | 绕过斯特恩投资公司的防火墙查一下 |
[30:22] | and perhaps shed some light on the matter. | 也许事情会有些眉目 |
[30:24] | They’re presently deciding what price they wish to extract. | 他们现在正在考虑索要什么样的报酬 |
[30:27] | Which is why you’re waiting to be humiliated. | 所以你在等着自取其辱 |
[30:30] | I believe that might be them now. | 我想他们应该想好了 |
[30:40] | Brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[30:41] | Yes. They are no doubt congratulating themselves | 显然他们在庆贺 |
[30:43] | on having erected their most fiendish obstacle yet. | 自己开出了一个最难以实现的价码 |
[30:45] | Well, yeah, they want a Super Bowl ring. | 没错 他们想要一枚超级碗的戒指 |
[30:48] | The proverbial piece of cake. | 真是小菜一碟 |
[30:49] | I’ll simply call Phillip and the matter will be well in hand. | 我只要打电话给菲利普就手到擒来了 |
[30:52] | Phillip? Phil Simms? I mean, I know you two | 菲利普 菲利·史密斯吗 我知道 |
[30:54] | have worked together or something, but do you really think | 你们曾经一起工作过 但你真以为 |
[30:56] | he’s just gonna give you one of his Super Bowl rings? | 他会给你一枚他的超级碗戒指吗 |
[30:58] | You’ve got no idea what the man owes me. | 你根本不知道他欠过我什么人情 |
[31:07] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[31:08] | Repast. Couture. | 这是早餐 这是衣服 |
[31:11] | We’re going to see the board of directors at Stern Investments. | 我们要去见斯特恩投资公司的董事会 |
[31:15] | I didn’t know I had any clothes left here. | 我没想到自己还有衣服留在这里 |
[31:17] | You didn’t. I purchased those. | 并没有 这是我买的 |
[31:19] | We frequently work late nights, so I imagined they’d be of use. | 我们经常工作到很晚 我想可能用得着 |
[31:22] | Hope they’re to your liking. | 希望你会喜欢 |
[31:23] | Oh. It’s great, actually. Thanks. | 不错 谢谢 |
[31:27] | Uh, why are we going to Stern Investments? | 为什么我们要去斯特恩投资公司 |
[31:29] | Phillip squared his account with me, | 菲利普和我两不相欠了 |
[31:30] | and Everyone got their ring. | “人人”也拿到了他们要的戒指 |
[31:32] | They spent quite a bit of time on Stern’s servers. | 他们在斯特恩公司的服务器上待了很久 |
[31:34] | I learned some interesting details about the sex lives | 关于一些董事会成员的性生活 |
[31:36] | of some of the board members. I also determined | 我掌握了很多细节 我还得知 |
[31:38] | they’re planning to build a ski resort in Connecticut. | 他们打算在 康涅狄格州建一个滑雪场 |
[31:41] | Naugatuck, to be exact. | 具体位置在诺格塔克 |
[31:43] | Which is why they’re buying up the land. | 所以他们要买地 |
[31:45] | At the moment, | 与此同此 |
[31:46] | the details of the project are known only to the six members | 只有斯特恩公司六位董事会成员 |
[31:48] | of Stern’s board and their CEO. | 以及他们的总裁知道这个计划 |
[31:50] | They’d like to unveil the plans next week. | 他们打算在下周公布这个计划 |
[31:52] | Only there’s a problem: Owen Downey’s house sits right | 但有个问题 欧文·唐尼的房子 |
[31:55] | in the middle of their proposed mountain lodge. | 正位于他们预想建造的山间小屋附近 |
[31:58] | He’s a holdout. | 他是个钉子户 |
[32:00] | Mr. Downey is understandably unwilling | 唐尼先生显然不愿意 |
[32:02] | to uproot his life in his current condition. | 在目前情况下拆迁去别处 |
[32:04] | Stern thinks they’ll be able to force a sale, | 斯特恩认为他们能做成这笔买卖 |
[32:06] | since Owen will not be able to repay his medical debts | 如果欧文没法偿还医疗账单 |
[32:08] | unless he sells his last remaining asset, his home. | 他就不得不卖了他的唯一资产 房子 |
[32:11] | But if Steven forgave Owen’s debt… | 如果史蒂文免了欧文的债务 |
[32:14] | There’d be no need to sell. | 他就不用卖房子了 |
[32:15] | The entire resort would be imperiled. | 整个度假村计划将搁浅 |
[32:18] | Only six people knew about this? | 只有六个人知道这事 |
[32:20] | Seven, including the CEO. | 七个 包括CEO |
[32:21] | I do like a nice tidy pool of suspects. | 我就喜欢嫌疑人扎堆 |
[32:25] | We’ve got to be able to line up | 我们得联合镇上所有人 |
[32:27] | everybody in town, I mean, shoulder to shoulder, | 肩并肩齐心协力 |
[32:30] | or we’re gonna look awfully weak in this next meeting. | 不然下次会议时我们就要糟了 |
[32:32] | Morning, ladies and gentlemen. | 早上好 女士们先生们 |
[32:33] | What the hell is going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[32:33] | I’m sorry, sir. | 先生 对不起 |
[32:34] | I couldn’t stop them. | 我拦不住他们 |
[32:35] | Apologies for the interruption, | 抱歉打扰你们开会 |
[32:36] | but cold logic dictates that one of you is likely a killer. | 但根据客观推断 你们中有一个杀人犯 |
[32:40] | My colleague and I are in | 我和我的同事 |
[32:41] | an on-again, off-again relationship with the NYPD. | 是纽约警局的顾问 |
[32:43] | We thought we’d take a look at you all in one place | 我们认为应该在你们聚在一起的时候 |
[32:45] | and see if anyone pops out. | 来观察谁表现奇怪 |
[32:46] | This is insane. | 这太离谱了 |
[32:47] | What are you even talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[32:48] | Look, you can’t barge in here. Get out. | 你没权闯入这个地方 出去 |
[32:52] | Call our attorneys. | 给我们的律师打电话吧 |
[32:54] | Sherlock. | 夏洛克 |
[33:00] | My apologies. | 我道歉 |
[33:01] | On second thoughts, it’s distinctly possible | 我重新考虑了下 |
[33:03] | there is no killer in this room. | 这屋里明显没有杀人犯 |
[33:05] | One of you, however, does like to be spanked. | 但你们中某个人 很喜欢被鞭笞 |
[33:09] | Carry on! | 你们继续 |
[33:12] | What happened in there? I thought you were sure | 在那里面到底怎么回事 我以为你很确定 |
[33:14] | one of them did it. | 是他们中某个做的 |
[33:15] | Of the seven people in that room, | 房间里的七个人 |
[33:17] | three of them are women of small stature. | 其中三个是身材娇小的女性 |
[33:19] | One was a geriatric, and one was trying to hide | 一个是老人 一个试图在同事面前 |
[33:20] | the fact that he’s nearly blind from the rest of his colleagues. | 掩盖他几乎失明的事实 |
[33:23] | And one, whose e-mails I happen to have read, | 还有一个 根据我碰巧看到的邮件 |
[33:25] | was spending his evening in the company of his dominatrix | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨被杀那晚 |
[33:27] | at the time that Steven Horowitz was killed. | 他是在施虐女王那里度过的 |
[33:29] | The CEO was the only one who could have overpowered | 那个CEO是唯一能制伏并重创 |
[33:32] | and bludgeoned a grown man, and he had the remnants | 成年男子的人 但他的发际线边缘 |
[33:34] | of a peeling sunburn at the edges of his hairline. | 有晒伤脱皮的痕迹残余 |
[33:36] | We’ll confirm it, but I think he was on holiday | 我们之后确认下 但我觉得谋杀发生时 |
[33:37] | at the time of the murder. | 他是在度假 |
[33:38] | Any one of them could have hired a killer. | 他们中某个可能雇了一个杀手 |
[33:41] | Unlikely. | 不可能 |
[33:42] | Professional killers tend to execute people | 专业杀手普遍会以专业流行的手法 |
[33:43] | in professional fashion. They don’t blunder about | 来杀人 他们不会错手用 |
[33:45] | with fire extinguishers. | 灭火器杀人 |
[33:46] | So in other words, we’re nowhere. | 换句话说 我们毫无进展了 |
[33:48] | Quite the contrary. | 恰好相反 |
[33:49] | I have a very good idea who killed Steven Horowitz. | 我有个杀人犯的极好猜想 |
[33:59] | Sorry, who are you here to meet with? | 抱歉 你来这里是见谁的 |
[34:01] | Oh, no, we’re not here to meet anyone. We just came to look | 没有 我们来这里没约见谁 |
[34:04] | at one of your partners, uh, Coleman Brown. | 我们是来看你的合伙人科尔曼·布朗的 |
[34:06] | Um, th-these are on, uh, public display, are they not? | 这些是开放参观的 是吗 |
[34:09] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[34:10] | Great. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[34:16] | When we were expelled from Stern Investments, | 我们从斯特恩投资被赶出来的时候 |
[34:18] | their CEO gave me the card of their attorney. | 那个CEO给我一张他们律师的名片 |
[34:21] | Did you know that Stern Investments is represented by… | 你知道斯特恩公司的代理律所是 |
[34:24] | Dorchester-Reid? | 多尔切斯特·里德吗 |
[34:26] | So someone from Steven’s | 所以史蒂文老东家的某个人 |
[34:27] | old law firm represents the people | 是那些想在欧文·唐尼地产上 |
[34:29] | who want to build a ski resort on Owen Downey’s property. | 建滑雪度假村的人的代表律师 |
[34:32] | An attorney who, if worth his salt as a negotiator, | 作为一个律师 如果谈判顺利 |
[34:34] | stands to earn a massive commission | 那么度假村建成后 |
[34:37] | should the resort become a reality. | 会赚取大笔的佣金 |
[34:39] | Coleman Brown. | 科尔曼·布朗 |
[34:41] | I did a little research on the way over here. | 在来的路上 我查了一些资料 |
[34:43] | Coleman and Steven were both members | 科尔曼和史蒂文都是 |
[34:45] | of the Braebury Country Club. | 布拉博利乡村俱乐部的成员 |
[34:46] | Apparently they routinely played golf together. | 很显然他们定期一起打高尔夫 |
[34:49] | I suspect it was Coleman Brown who made Steven aware | 我怀疑最初是让史蒂文 |
[34:52] | of the Mother Lode in the first place. | 知道主矿脉的人 就是科尔曼 |
[34:53] | So this guy points Steven at Owen. | 所以是他引导史蒂文找欧文 |
[34:56] | But if Steven forgave Owen’s debt | 但如果史蒂文免了欧文的债 |
[34:58] | instead of breathing down his neck until he sold his house… | 而不是逼着欧文直到他卖了房子… |
[35:01] | Coleman Brown would lose millions. | 科尔曼·布朗会损失数百万 |
[35:04] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[35:05] | Mr. Brown. | 布朗先生 |
[35:07] | It’s a very good likeness, yes. | 你和画像很像 真的 |
[35:09] | A bit flattering in the cheekbones | 颧骨更突出一点 |
[35:10] | but it’s good. | 但这很好 |
[35:11] | Our receptionist said | 我们的接待员说 |
[35:12] | there were two people here to look at a painting of me. | 有两个人来看我的画像 |
[35:14] | Can I help you with something? | 有什么地方我能帮忙吗 |
[35:15] | Oh, no. Not at the moment. | 暂时没有 |
[35:17] | Thank you, though. | 但还是谢谢你 |
[35:24] | So now what? | 那现在呢 |
[35:25] | Now we build a case against Mr. Brown. | 现在我们要针对布朗先生立案了 |
[35:38] | Did you really have to bring that back here? | 你非要把那幅画拿回来吗 |
[35:41] | I hardly think the painting will be missed. | 一旦我们证实科尔曼·布朗 |
[35:43] | Once we prove that Coleman Brown is a cold-blooded murderer, | 是个冷血杀手 我不觉得这画会被怀念 |
[35:46] | they’ll probably take it down anyway. | 他们可能会立马把它拿下来 |
[35:48] | Besides, there’s something about his smug visage | 此外 有他自鸣得意的样貌在这 |
[35:52] | I find highly motivating. | 我觉得很有激励性 |
[35:54] | If you’re so motivated, how come we haven’t connected him | 如果你备受激励 为何到现在我们还没找到 |
[35:57] | to the murder yet? | 他和谋杀案的关联 |
[35:58] | I suspect it has to do with a paucity of physical evidence. | 我怀疑这是因为实物证据的缺乏 |
[36:04] | I don’t care if you’re motivated | 我不管你是不是备受激励了 |
[36:05] | by him or not. I feel like he’s staring at me. | 我觉得他在盯着我 |
[36:08] | I’m taking it down. | 我要把它拿下来 |
[36:20] | In this painting, Mr. Brown is wearing | 在这幅肖像中 布朗先生 |
[36:22] | a pair of horn-rimmed glasses. | 戴着一副角质镜框的眼镜 |
[36:24] | If you Google him, | 如果你上网搜索他 |
[36:25] | he’s wearing the same pair in all of his pictures. | 他在所有照片里都戴着同一副眼镜 |
[36:27] | When we met him today… | 但今天我们见到他时 |
[36:28] | He was wearing rimless frames. | 他戴的是一副无框眼镜 |
[36:31] | Could be he has more than one pair of glasses. | 有可能是他有很多副眼镜 |
[36:33] | Could be. | 有可能 |
[36:34] | Or maybe there’s some physical evidence after all. | 或有可能我们有了新的物证 |
[36:40] | Mr. Brown. Thanks for coming down. | 布朗先生 谢谢前来 |
[36:42] | Whatever. Let’s make this fast. | 不论如何 快点进行吧 |
[36:45] | We just have a few questions. Right this way. | 我们就有几个问题 这边 |
[36:50] | Oh, seriously? These two? | 这两个人 来真的吗 |
[36:53] | They stole a portrait worth thousands of dollars | 他们昨天从我办公室偷走了 |
[36:55] | from my office yesterday. | 一副价值数千美元的画像 |
[36:57] | Well, we’ll, sort that out in a bit. | 我们… 稍后会解决这个问题 |
[37:01] | First, uh, have a seat. | 首先 请坐吧 |
[37:04] | We wanted to talk to you about… | 我们想和你聊聊 |
[37:07] | Steven Horowitz. | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨 |
[37:09] | Guy who used to work at my firm? | 那个原来在我公司工作的人 |
[37:10] | We know that you alerted Steven | 我们知道你让史蒂文 |
[37:12] | to a package of debt which contained | 收集关于债务的信息 |
[37:13] | Owen Downey’s medical bills. | 其中包括欧文·唐尼的医疗账单 |
[37:15] | We also know that you stood to earn millions of dollars | 我们还知道你能赚取数百万美元 |
[37:18] | if Stern Investments could compel Mr. Downey to sell his home. | 如果斯特恩投资能迫使唐尼先生卖掉他的房子 |
[37:21] | Unfortunately, your debt collector had a sentimental streak. | 但很不幸你的收债人恻隐之心大动 |
[37:26] | And when Steven told you he planned to forgive Owen’s debt | 所以当史蒂文告诉你他打算 |
[37:28] | along with everyone else’s, you couldn’t abide that, | 免除欧文和其他所有人的债务时 |
[37:31] | could you? You went to his office | 你完全忍不住了 是不是 |
[37:33] | and you confronted him. | 你去了他办公室 质问他 |
[37:35] | And then you killed him. | 然后杀了他 |
[37:36] | That’s ridiculous. I’ve never even set foot in his office. | 这真可笑 我从没踏入过他的办公室 |
[37:40] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[37:41] | Yes, I’m sure. I’m getting an attorney. | 是 我很确定 我要请我的律师来了 |
[37:43] | That’s a good idea. ‘Cause you’re gonna need one. | 这是个好主意 你会需要律师的 |
[37:46] | You recently bought a new pair of glasses, didn’t you? | 你最近新买了副眼镜 是不是 |
[37:48] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[37:49] | So you needed to buy a new pair of glasses because you shattered | 你之所以需要买新眼镜 |
[37:52] | your old ones when you attacked Mr. Horowitz. | 是因为旧的在你袭击霍洛维茨时碎了 |
[37:56] | We picked through the evidence again last night. | 昨晚我们又重新检验了证据 |
[37:57] | Most of what we found was shattered glass | 我们发现的大部分玻璃是来自 |
[37:59] | from the fire extinguisher box. | 灭火器箱的 |
[38:01] | But some of it was polycarbonate. | 但有些是树脂的 |
[38:04] | Like you’d find from a pair of glasses. | 就像是眼镜上用的那种 |
[38:07] | When we put those pieces together, | 当我们把所有碎片拼起来 |
[38:09] | a fingerprint very courteously assembled itself | 一枚指纹清晰地出现在 |
[38:12] | on the partially reconstituted lens. | 我们重组好的镜片部分上 |
[38:15] | Would you like to guess whose it was? | 你想猜猜是谁的指纹吗 |
[38:18] | What were you saying before | 你对之前说的 |
[38:19] | about never having set foot in his office? | 从未踏进他办公室怎么看 |
[38:22] | I’m not saying anything else without my attorney present. | 在我律师来之前 我不会说任何事 |
[38:29] | You have exactly one bargaining chip left. | 你只有一个可以讨价还价的筹码了 |
[38:33] | The location of Steven Horowitz’s body. | 史蒂文·霍洛维茨的尸体的位置 |
[38:37] | We’ll go ahead and call your attorney | 我们继续 等我们给你 |
[38:39] | right after we get done | 宣读完你所有的权利后 |
[38:41] | reading you your rights. | 你再给你的律师打电话吧 |
[38:51] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[38:53] | That, madam, is your property. | 这是你的财产 |
[38:56] | You’re Steven Horowitz’s next of kin, so… | 你是史蒂文·霍洛维茨最近的亲属 |
[38:59] | you rightfully inherit ownership of the debt he was collecting | 所以你有权继承了他为了 |
[39:01] | in order to maintain the family lifestyle. | 维持家庭生计所收集的债务单 |
[39:05] | Steven could have told me he was fired. | 史蒂文可以告诉我他失业了的 |
[39:11] | What happened to us? | 我们是怎么了 |
[39:13] | I couldn’t say. | 我不知道 |
[39:15] | I can tell you that that package, worked properly, | 但我能告诉你 这些东西 |
[39:17] | will make you very, very wealthy. | 如果运作恰当 你会变得很富有 |
[39:20] | Steven decided he had other ideas for it. | 但史蒂文对此有他的想法 |
[39:25] | Whether or not you decide to honor those ideas is… | 你要不要遵循他的遗志 |
[39:28] | entirely up to you. | 决定权在你手上 |
[40:02] | Skim milk latte | 乔恩的脱脂牛奶拿铁和 |
[40:03] | for Joan and whole milk latte for Andrew. | 安德鲁的全脂牛奶拿铁 |
[40:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:08] | Oh. Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[40:12] | Here we go. | 给你 |
[40:13] | Oh. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:19] | Skim milk. I think you gave me the wrong one. | 脱脂牛奶 你给错了 |
[40:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:24] | So, what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[40:27] | Why’d you want to meet? | 你怎么想见我了 |
[40:34] | Andrew, you’re such a great guy, | 安德鲁 你是个好人 |
[40:37] | and I’m lucky to know you. I just… | 很幸运能认识你 我… |
[40:43] | I’m not what you’re looking for right now? | 我不是你现在想要的那个人 |
[40:46] | Yeah, I-I don’t know what I’m looking for. | 我不知道我想要什么 |
[40:47] | That’s the problem. | 这才是问题所在 |
[40:52] | I mean, if… | 我是说… 如果… |
[40:55] | Andrew, are you okay? | 安德鲁 你还好吗 |
[40:59] | Oh, my God, what’s wrong? | 上帝 怎么了 |
[41:05] | Oh, my God. Somebody call an ambulance! | 上帝 快叫救护车 |
[41:08] | Okay. Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:09] | Andrew. Andrew. | 安德鲁 安德鲁 |
[41:12] | Oh, God. | 上帝 |
[41:16] | No. Andrew? | 不 安德鲁 |
[41:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:23] | One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten…. | 一二三四五六七八九十… |