时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Looks like a standard car alarm. | 看起来就是个标准的汽车报警器 |
[00:09] | Then go ahead and disarm it. | 那就去试试解除警报吧 |
[00:14] | You have approached Odin. | 你正在接近奥丁 |
[00:15] | Your photograph has been taken | 你的影像已经被拍下 |
[00:17] | and forwarded to the authorities. | 并被传送至执法机关 |
[00:19] | You have ten seconds to back away. | 给你十秒钟后退 |
[00:21] | Ten. | 十 |
[00:23] | Nine. | 九 |
[00:24] | Eight… | 八 |
[00:25] | It’s a talking car alarm. | 是会说话的汽车警报 |
[00:27] | They are the pet rock of automotive security; | 是汽车安全设备中的宠物石 |
[00:30] | they are a gimmick. | 也就是个噱头 |
[00:31] | They were a gimmick. | 它们曾是噱头 |
[00:33] | I can’t crack it. | 但是我无法破解 |
[00:48] | You have approached Odin. | 你正在接近奥丁 |
[00:50] | Your photograph has been taken | 你的影像已经被拍下 |
[00:51] | and forwarded to the author– | 并被传送至执法机… |
[00:55] | The sensor’s field extends a full 360 degrees? | 传感器覆盖360度吗 |
[00:59] | Well, it’s an interesting problem. | 这问题还挺有趣的 |
[01:01] | I appreciate the help. | 感谢你的帮忙 |
[01:03] | I’ll leave it here. | 我就把东西留这 |
[01:05] | We gotta go. | 我们得走了 |
[01:06] | Meeting starts in 20. | 互助会还有20分钟就开始了 |
[01:08] | Doing battle with Odin | 和奥丁斗智斗勇 |
[01:09] | seems like a more stimulating way to spend an hour to me. | 对我而言是更刺激的度过一小时的方式 |
[01:12] | I’m not skipping a meeting. | 我不会错过互助会的 |
[01:13] | I don’t think you should, either. | 我觉得你也不应该 |
[01:16] | What’s going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[01:18] | Been bailing on meetings | 一直翘互助会 |
[01:19] | and then when you do show, you never talk. | 要么就是出现了也不说话 |
[01:21] | Your enthusiasm for the program | 你对互助会的热情 |
[01:22] | never waxes and wanes? | 就从来没有消退过吗 |
[01:24] | Sure it does. But I still go. | 当然有过啊 但我还是会去 |
[01:30] | My name’s Shauna Milius. | 我是肖娜·米利厄斯 |
[01:32] | I used to work with Joan Watson. | 我曾和乔恩·华生一起工作 |
[01:33] | This is her address, right? | 她住这里 对吧 |
[01:35] | It was. She no longer lives here, sorry. | 她原来是 但她现在已经不住这里了 抱歉 |
[01:37] | Can you tell me where she went? | 你能告诉我她去哪里了吗 |
[01:39] | I want to hire her. | 我想雇她 |
[01:41] | One second. | 马上 |
[01:42] | Duty calls, Alfredo. | 工作在身 阿弗雷多 |
[01:43] | I’ll let you know when I’ve defeated Odin. | 我搞定奥丁之后会告诉你的 |
[01:45] | About that… | 说到这个 |
[01:46] | while I was waiting for you downstairs, | 我在楼下等你的时候 |
[01:48] | I stashed a few of the sensors around the place. | 我在你家藏了几个传感器 |
[01:51] | Just to keep the problem fresh in your mind. | 让这个问题在你的记忆中常在常新 |
[01:55] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[02:00] | It’s my friend, Marissa Ledbetter. | 有关我的朋友 马瑞莎·莱德贝特 |
[02:02] | We started as O.R. nurses on the same day. | 我们同一天成为手术护士的 |
[02:05] | We’ve been close since. | 自那之后我们一直关系很亲近 |
[02:06] | Last week, she finished up a shift | 上周 她上完班之后 |
[02:09] | and told me she was headed home. | 告诉我她回家了 |
[02:10] | None of her neighbors saw her come into the building. | 她的邻居都没见到她回公寓楼 |
[02:13] | Nobody’s seen her since. | 自此之后没人见过她 |
[02:14] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:15] | Marissa’s parents | 马瑞莎的父母 |
[02:16] | are down in Florida. They’re not well enough to travel, | 住在佛罗里达 身体不好不能长途跋涉 |
[02:18] | so I’ve kind of been keeping track of things. | 所以我就把相关信息都记录下来 |
[02:22] | You made some notes based on your conversations | 你根据自己和警探的对话 |
[02:24] | with the detectives? May I? | 做了一些记录 我能看看吗 |
[02:33] | It says here she used her credit card | 这里记着她在离开医院不久 |
[02:35] | at a bodega on West 44th Street | 在西44街的一家小酒馆 |
[02:37] | shortly after leaving hospital. | 使用了她的信用卡 |
[02:39] | Where does Marissa live? | 马瑞莎住在哪里 |
[02:41] | Cobble Hill. | 科布尔山 |
[02:42] | Right. And you and her work | 对 而你和她 |
[02:43] | at Watson’s old hospital in the West Village. Yes? | 在华生的老东家工作 医院在西村对吧 |
[02:47] | Hell’s Kitchen is hardly on the way home | 在她从西村到布鲁克林的回家之路上 |
[02:48] | from the West Village to Brooklyn. | 地狱厨房也真的不怎么顺路 |
[02:51] | Is anyone looking into this? | 有人调查这个吗 |
[02:52] | They think maybe Marissa owed money to some bad people. | 他们认为也许马瑞莎欠了坏人钱 |
[02:54] | They were pretty fixated on that. | 他们非常倾向于这种可能 |
[02:56] | Money-lenders to not want their indigent clients to disappear; | 高利贷一般都不希望自己的客户消失 |
[02:59] | they want them to work and make money. | 他们希望他们能正常工作赚钱 |
[03:02] | It’s a game of chance, going to the police, | 报警这件事全凭运气 |
[03:03] | but you’re in good hands now. | 但现在你有专家来接手了 |
[03:06] | You have approached Odin. | 你正在靠近奥丁 |
[03:08] | Your photograph has been taken | 你的影像已经被拍下 |
[03:09] | – and forwarded… – Disregard this. | -并被传送至… -忽略这个 |
[03:10] | – …to the authorities. – I’m doing a favor for a friend. | -执法机关 -我在帮一个朋友的忙 |
[03:12] | You have ten seconds to back away. | 请在十秒内后退 |
[03:13] | So someone I used to work with is missing, | 我的旧同事失踪了 |
[03:15] | another old colleague friend | 另外一名旧同事想要雇我 |
[03:17] | tries to hire me to look into it, | 调查此事 |
[03:18] | and somehow, Sherlock winds up on the case. | 而不知怎么的 夏洛克接手了案子 |
[03:21] | He just sort of slipped into it. | 他就那么顺势接了 |
[03:25] | I think he did it mostly to get out of | 我觉得他接手此案 |
[03:26] | going to a meeting with Alfredo. | 主要是为了不和阿弗雷多去互助会 |
[03:29] | He wants us to catch up on the case file | 他希望我们能看看卷宗 |
[03:30] | while he looks into something. | 与此同时他调查点别的事 |
[03:32] | I’ve circled something on the first page. | 我在第一页上圈了一些重点 |
[03:34] | Looks like Marissa received a payment of $150,000 | 看来马瑞莎在她失踪之前 |
[03:38] | right before she disappeared. | 收到了十五万美金 |
[03:39] | What is “Purgatorium, Incorporated”? | “普格图瑞公司”又是什么 |
[03:41] | It’s a company | 是间位于卢森堡 |
[03:42] | based in Luxembourg, founded a month ago. | 一个月前刚成立的公司 |
[03:45] | There’s no information about them anywhere. | 到处都找不到有关他们的信息 |
[03:47] | Luxembourg’s a tax haven, apparently, | 很明显卢森堡可是纳税人的天堂 |
[03:49] | so the police can’t find out | 所以警方没能查出 |
[03:50] | anything about the people that founded it. | 有关公司创始人的任何资料 |
[03:54] | Well, you said on the phone | 你在电话上提到 |
[03:55] | that Marissa had debts, | 马瑞莎身负巨债 |
[03:56] | but this is hardly the same thing | 可是这看起来又不像是 |
[03:59] | as a payday loan joint. | 一发薪就还贷的情况 |
[04:00] | What did Sherlock say about it? | 夏洛克怎么说 |
[04:02] | He doesn’t know about it yet. | 他还不知道 |
[04:03] | He’s looking into the last place that she used her credit card. | 他去调查她最后使用信用卡的地方了 |
[04:06] | It’s Sherlock. | 是夏洛克 |
[04:09] | What does he say? | 他说什么 |
[04:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:10] | These abbreviations that he uses… | 他用的这些缩写… |
[04:13] | “At 748 West 45th Street. | 位于西45街748号 |
[04:15] | “In rear. Bring Watson. | 在后巷 带上华生 |
[04:16] | Wear sensible shoes.” | 穿舒服的鞋 |
[04:21] | So why did you want us to meet you | 所以你为什么要我们 |
[04:22] | in the alleyway behind a bar? | 来一家酒吧的后巷见面 |
[04:24] | Not just any bar. | 不是随便一家酒吧 |
[04:25] | This Dumpster services Vladi’s. | 这是佛拉蒂酒吧的垃圾箱 |
[04:28] | It’s the kind of establishment which, | 虽然这周遭的人群 |
[04:29] | despite the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood around it, | 逐渐在变得高雅 |
[04:31] | still manages to attract | 但这酒吧还是吸引了 |
[04:33] | a thoroughly seedy clientele. | 很多下三流的客人 |
[04:36] | Pins in this padlock | 这个挂锁中的插脚太重 |
[04:37] | were too heavy for my lock picks, so… | 我的撬锁器开不动 所以… |
[04:47] | I’m not getting in there | 告诉我我们要找什么 |
[04:48] | until you tell me what it is I’m looking for. | 不然我是不会进去的 |
[04:52] | When I was investigating the, uh… | 当我在调查 |
[04:54] | the area around the bodega | 马瑞莎·莱德贝特最后一次 |
[04:55] | where Marissa Ledbetter last used her credit card, | 使用信用卡的小酒馆周围情况时 |
[04:59] | I couldn’t help noticing that this place | 我不禁发现 |
[05:03] | is subject to | 这家酒吧 |
[05:04] | a litany of complaints | 收到了邻里提出的 |
[05:05] | from the neighbors. | 一系列投诉 |
[05:07] | Noise complaints, | 噪音投诉 |
[05:08] | public urination, that kind of thing. | 公共场合小便 等等之类 |
[05:12] | One stood out. | 但有一个投诉引起了我注意 |
[05:13] | A couple of days ago, two businesses complained of a f… | 几天前 两名店家投诉说 |
[05:18] | …a foul smell | 这个垃圾箱内 |
[05:19] | coming from this dumpster. | 传来恶臭 |
[05:21] | It does smell awful, | 闻上去确实味道不好 |
[05:22] | but isn’t it supposed to smell awful? | 但垃圾箱不就应该是这种味道吗 |
[05:24] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:25] | It’s rancid… ugh! | 这是腐臭… |
[05:37] | I’m sorry, Watson. | 抱歉 华生 |
[06:04] | So you found this on her body? | 这是你在她尸体上找到的 |
[06:06] | It’s a list of dosages. | 这是一份剂量表 |
[06:08] | Marissa was a nurse. | 马瑞莎是个护士 |
[06:10] | It doesn’t look like an official hospital communication. | 这看起来不像是医院里正规使用的 |
[06:12] | I’ve sent Kitty to St. Andrew’s | 我让凯蒂带着一份副件 |
[06:13] | with a photograph of that. | 去圣安德鲁医院了 |
[06:14] | I’m curious as to whether it has | 我想知道这跟她在那里的工作 |
[06:16] | anything to do with her work there. | 是否有关 |
[06:19] | You all right, Watson? | 你没事吧 华生 |
[06:21] | I know you were acquainted with Ms. Ledbetter. | 我知道你认识莱德贝特女士 |
[06:23] | Well, I hadn’t seen her in a long time, | 我跟她已经很久没见了 |
[06:25] | but she was a really sweet person. | 但她确实是个很好的人 |
[06:27] | We’re all done. | 我们弄完了 |
[06:31] | Your friend died shortly after she went missing. | 你的朋友失踪不久之后就死了 |
[06:33] | She was, uh, struck in the head about a dozen times, | 她的头被人打了十多下 |
[06:35] | before someone wrapped their hands around her neck | 然后有人又用双手掐住了 |
[06:37] | and squeezed. | 她的脖子 |
[06:41] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[06:43] | Was there any evidence on the body? | 尸体上有什么证据吗 |
[06:45] | She had someone else’s DNA under her fingernails. | 她指甲缝里有别人的DNA |
[06:47] | She must have scratched her attacker, | 她一定抓伤了袭击者 |
[06:48] | trying to fight him off. | 试图反抗来着 |
[06:49] | I had someone at the lab run | 我让实验室的人 |
[06:50] | a preliminary check on the DNA. | 初步化验了DNA |
[06:52] | It matches a sample someone left | 跟一个曾经在应聘地检办公室时 |
[06:53] | when they applied for a job at the DA’s Office. | 留下DNA样本的人相符 |
[06:56] | Guy’s name is Christopher Jacoby. | 那人叫克里斯托夫·杰科比 |
[07:00] | So, we have the probable killer’s name | 那现在我们有了嫌疑人的姓名 |
[07:03] | and his DNA. | 和他的DNA |
[07:04] | He has a current address on file, too. | 档案上还有他现在的住址 |
[07:08] | Watson, if you like, I could… | 华生 如果你需要的话 我可以 |
[07:10] | give your friend the bad news. | 告诉你朋友这个坏消息 |
[07:12] | Oh, I’ll do it. Thanks. | 我去吧 谢了 |
[07:14] | Detective Bell, let us know when you have the killer in custody. | 贝尔警探 凶手抓到之后告诉我们 |
[07:16] | Yeah, hold on. I’m, uh… | 好 等等 我在 |
[07:17] | checking something on the department intranet. | 查警局的内部网 |
[07:20] | Jacoby… Jacoby… | 杰科比 杰科比 |
[07:23] | I knew I recognized that name. | 这个名字我的确见过 |
[07:24] | It keeps coming up in our briefings. | 我们一直在简报会上提到他 |
[07:26] | He’s missing, too. | 他也失踪了 |
[07:28] | His wife filed a report | 他妻子上周三 |
[07:29] | last Wednesday. | 递交了失踪报告 |
[07:34] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:35] | You’re saying Chris is a suspect in a murder? | 你是说克里斯是凶案嫌疑人吗 |
[07:38] | Well, his DNA was found | 受害者的指甲缝里 |
[07:39] | under the fingernails of the victim. | 找到了他的DNA |
[07:41] | It looks like it happened around the same time | 凶案发生的时间跟你丈夫失踪的时间 |
[07:43] | your husband went missing. | 基本相同 |
[07:45] | There has to be a mistake. | 这肯定是个误会 |
[07:47] | Chris is a kind man. | 克里斯很善良 |
[07:49] | Did he know a woman named Marissa Ledbetter? | 他认识一个叫马瑞莎·莱德贝特的女人吗 |
[07:52] | Not that he mentioned. | 他没提过 |
[07:54] | Well, according to the report | 根据你递交的报告 |
[07:55] | you filed, the last time you saw Chris, | 你最后一次见到克里斯 |
[07:56] | he told you he was going to spend a couple nights upstate | 他跟你说他要去州北部跟几个大学朋友 |
[07:59] | with some college buddies, but his friends say | 玩几天 但他的朋友们说 |
[08:01] | they didn’t have any plans with your husband. | 他们根本没约你丈夫 |
[08:03] | Well, I don’t know why Chris lied about that, | 我不知道克里斯为什么要说谎 |
[08:05] | but he wouldn’t cheat on me, if that’s what you’re wondering. | 但他不会有外遇的 如果你想问这个的话 |
[08:08] | Chris is a good man. | 克里斯是个好人 |
[08:11] | We’ve been struggling since he got laid off, | 他下岗之后我们过得很困难 |
[08:12] | but we’re dealing with it. | 但我们正在处理 |
[08:14] | Something happened to him. | 他一定是出事了 |
[08:17] | He wouldn’t run away from our life, | 他不会逃离我们的生活 |
[08:19] | and he definitely wouldn’t kill someone. | 更加不会杀人的 |
[08:22] | Uh, sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[08:26] | Did you bring a child to work with you today? | 你今天是带了个孩子来工作吗 |
[08:29] | Oh, no, that’s Mason. | 不 那是梅森 |
[08:30] | He’s older than he looks. | 他只是看起来比较小 |
[08:32] | A bit. | 小一点 |
[08:33] | He passed a note to me. | 他给了我一张纸条 |
[08:34] | Said to give it to you. | 让我给你 |
[08:35] | Said it was urgent. | 说是很紧急的事 |
[08:44] | Okay, first of all, I don’t mean to be rude, | 首先 我不想这么无礼 |
[08:46] | but your computers suck. | 但你们的电脑真的很烂 |
[08:47] | You said you found Chris Jacoby. | 你说你找到了克里斯·杰科比 |
[08:49] | I think so. | 我觉得是 |
[08:50] | I compared his picture to the cached images | 我把他的图片跟全城的监控摄像头的 |
[08:51] | from surveillance cameras all around the city. | 缓存图像进行了对比 |
[08:54] | There was a match from yesterday, | 在昨天的图像中找到了匹配结果 |
[08:55] | right by Morningside Park. | 就在晨边公园附近 |
[08:56] | It’s weird, though. | 但是很奇怪 |
[08:58] | You gave me a picture | 你给我的图片上是个 |
[09:00] | of a clean-cut guy. | 没有胡子的人 |
[09:02] | The match I found was… | 但我找到的匹配却是 |
[09:04] | something else. | 另外一个样子 |
[09:07] | That’s Chris Jacoby? | 这是克里斯·杰科比 |
[09:09] | Software says | 软件显示 |
[09:10] | it’s a perfect match. | 这匹配得完美无暇 |
[09:12] | So how often are you here? | 你多久来这里一次 |
[09:13] | I play here every day. | 我每天都在这里演奏 |
[09:15] | I have a permit from the city | 我有政府给的 |
[09:16] | that covers the entrance to the park. | 在公园入口演奏的许可证 |
[09:19] | Would it be fair to say | 我能说你对这里的 |
[09:20] | you’re familiar with the local homeless population? | 流浪汉们很熟悉吗 |
[09:24] | You get to know the faces. | 我跟他们都混了个脸熟 |
[09:27] | Do you recognize this man? | 你能认出这个人吗 |
[09:28] | Him, I know for sure. | 他啊 我认识 |
[09:31] | He’s come up to talk to me | 他这个星期 |
[09:33] | a few times this week. | 跟我说过几次话 |
[09:35] | He seems quite damaged. | 他看起来疯疯癫癫的 |
[09:38] | So you’ve seen him more than once? | 所以你见过他不止一次 |
[09:39] | I’ve seen him coming out | 我见过他 |
[09:40] | from the park in the morning. | 早上从公园里出来 |
[09:42] | I get the impression | 我觉得 |
[09:43] | that he’s sleeping nearby. | 他就睡在附近 |
[09:48] | So how are you doing? | 你最近怎么样 |
[09:50] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[09:52] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[09:54] | Well, my heart rate is normal for a man my age | 我的心率很正常 |
[09:56] | and my blood pressure is good to excellent, | 我的血压也很正常 |
[09:58] | last time I checked. | 我上次量的时候是这样 |
[09:59] | You know better than to ask me such a non-specific question. | 你知道不应该问我这么不具体的问题 |
[10:01] | What are you getting at? | 你想问什么 |
[10:02] | Well, Kitty said you ducked out of a meeting this morning. | 凯蒂说你今早故意不参加互助会 |
[10:05] | And I know that you were upset | 而且我知道你很生气 |
[10:06] | because that guy posted your shares on his blog. | 那家伙在博客上发布了你的分享 |
[10:09] | Firstly, I didn’t “duck out” of anything. | 首先 我故意不参加 |
[10:11] | I took a case. | 我接了个案子 |
[10:12] | And secondly, I’ve come to believe | 其次 我开始觉得 |
[10:14] | that the recent violation of my anonymity was, | 最近那次对我的匿名性的侵害 |
[10:17] | on balance, a good thing. | 总得来说是件好事 |
[10:18] | Good? How? | 好事 为什么 |
[10:21] | Well, it’s given me some distance from the program. | 它让我跟戒瘾项目有了一些距离 |
[10:23] | A chance to evaluate which aspects of it work for me | 给我机会评估它在哪些方面有帮助 |
[10:25] | and which don’t. | 在哪些方面没有 |
[10:27] | I don’t think it’s really | 我不觉得这真的是那种 |
[10:29] | an a la carte kind of arrangement. | 能按单点菜的事 |
[10:31] | Yes, it is. | 其实是的 |
[10:32] | At any rate, all systems can be improved upon, Watson. | 不管怎样 所有系统都是可以改良的 华生 |
[10:37] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[10:38] | Something good spot for an encampment. | 看着像是个露营的好地点 |
[11:01] | Sherlock! | 夏洛克 |
[11:07] | Hello? | 你好 |
[11:09] | Mr. Jacoby? | 杰科比先生 |
[11:21] | I’ll text Marcus. | 我给马科斯发短信 |
[11:30] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[11:32] | This earth’s been disturbed. | 这里的土被动过 |
[11:48] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[11:49] | Well, it seems Mr. Jacoby | 看起来杰科比先生 |
[11:50] | has kept a journal. | 记了一本日记 |
[11:52] | And he considered its contents important enough to keep hidden. | 并且觉得其中的内容重要到有必要掩藏起来 |
[11:59] | “The room never changed. | “房间从未改变 |
[12:00] | “Day after day, year after year, | “日复一日 年复一年 |
[12:03] | “decade after decade. | “十年过后又十年 |
[12:08] | “I went insane a dozen different times. | “我发疯过十几次 |
[12:10] | “Then I became convinced I died | “然后我渐渐确信我已经死了 |
[12:12] | and went to Hell.” | 并且下了地狱” |
[12:14] | “I thought no one would ever | “我本以为无人会问津 |
[12:14] | “come for me until the morning the woman came for me.” | “直到一天早上 一个女人找到了我” |
[12:17] | “I was ready to strike.” | “我准备好大干一场了” |
[12:19] | He’s describing the murder of Marissa Ledbetter. | 他写的是马瑞莎·莱德贝特的死 |
[12:22] | Maybe the version of it that existed in his head. | 也许这是他脑中的版本 |
[12:27] | So, we found Marissa Ledbetter’s killer, | 这么说 我们找到杀她的凶手了 |
[12:29] | who’s dead. | 而他已经死了 |
[12:31] | So, now what are we investigating? | 那我们现在要调查什么 |
[12:33] | Chris Jacoby’s murder? | 克里斯·杰科比的死吗 |
[12:35] | We know who did what to whom. | 我们知道谁对谁做了什么 |
[12:38] | The why of the matter escapes me utterly. | 但其动机却毫无头绪 |
[12:43] | A man lies to his wife | 一个男人对妻子撒谎 |
[12:44] | about a trip upstate. | 说去州北旅行了 |
[12:45] | Within days, he’s driven to utter madness. | 而几天时间 他就疯了 |
[12:48] | His victim received a mysterious and untraceable payment | 他的受害者的银行账户收到了一笔神秘的 |
[12:51] | to her bank account. | 且无迹可寻的汇款 |
[12:53] | We don’t know what Chris Jacoby was really | 我们不知道他失踪这段时间 |
[12:54] | up to the day he disappeared, | 到底做了什么 |
[12:55] | just as we don’t know what Marissa Ledbetter was doing in Hell’s Kitchen. | 也不知道马瑞莎·莱德贝特在地狱厨房做什么 |
[12:58] | And we don’t know how they met | 更不知道他们是如何相识的 |
[13:00] | or where he killed her. | 以及他为何要杀她 |
[13:06] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[13:07] | This is Chris Jacoby’s laptop. | 这是克里斯·杰科比的电脑 |
[13:09] | His wife lent it to me. | 他太太借给我的 |
[13:10] | I’d been poking around and I found a number of e-mails, | 我随便看了看 发现了一些电子邮件 |
[13:12] | which suggested that he’d opened a new | 表明他在失踪前不久 |
[13:14] | bank account shortly before his disappearance. | 开了一个新的银行账户 |
[13:17] | She didn’t know anything about it. | 她对此毫不知情 |
[13:18] | I’d been guessing at his password and… | 我一直在猜他的密码 结果… |
[13:21] | voila. | 啦啦 |
[13:22] | “Purgatorium.” That’s the same company | “普格图瑞” 这跟给莱德贝特 |
[13:23] | that put money into Ledbetter’s account. | 账户里打钱的公司名一样 |
[13:26] | Why’d they both receive payments | 为什么他们在同一周内 |
[13:27] | for $150,000 in the same week? | 都收到了十五万汇款呢 |
[13:30] | The slip of paper we found on her | 我们在她身上发现的 |
[13:31] | with the list of dosages on it… | 列有剂量清单的纸条 |
[13:32] | you took it to the hospital where she worked? | 你拿去她工作的医院了吗 |
[13:35] | None of the doctors had any idea what it was. | 所有医生都不知道那是什么意思 |
[13:37] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[13:39] | I’m not sure yet. | 我还不确定 |
[13:42] | But Jacoby’s autopsy is scheduled for the morning. | 不过杰科比的尸检安排在明早 |
[13:45] | If it reveals what I think it might, | 如果能验证我的想法 |
[13:48] | we’ll know exactly what’s going on here. | 那我们就能知道到底是怎么回事了 |
[13:50] | I don’t know how it happened, but Chris Jacoby incurred | 我不知道是怎么回事 但杰科比最近 |
[13:53] | heavy brain damage recently. | 遭受过严重的脑损伤 |
[13:55] | There’s serious deterioration | 他的小脑 |
[13:56] | of the cerebellum and the cerebral cortex | 大脑皮层和基地神经节 |
[13:59] | and basal ganglia. He had a baseline scan done recently. | 有一系列退化表现 他最近做过基线扫描 |
[14:03] | You can see he was fine a few months ago. | 可以看出 他几个月前还好好的 |
[14:07] | The autopsy performed on Marissa Ledbetter | 而马瑞莎·莱德贝特的验尸结果 |
[14:10] | did not detect similar results, did it? | 并未发现相似的情况 对吗 |
[14:12] | And the toxicology test you did on Jacoby, | 另外 你对杰科比做的毒理检测 |
[14:15] | did you find any strange or unusual substances? | 有发现任何奇怪的或是不寻常的物质吗 |
[14:18] | We did. | 确实有 |
[14:20] | There was a chemical in his system– | 他体内有一种化学物质 |
[14:21] | I haven’t seen it before. | 我以前从未见过 |
[14:23] | We’re trying to figure out what it is. | 我们正试图查明到底是什么 |
[14:24] | Don’t bother. You won’t find it registered. | 不用麻烦了 这东西没登记过 |
[14:26] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[14:27] | Jacoby was unemployed. | 杰科比是无业游民 |
[14:29] | He was desperate for money. | 他很缺钱 |
[14:30] | He receives a payment | 有个无迹可寻的 |
[14:31] | from an untraceable shell corporation. | 空壳公司在给他支付报酬 |
[14:33] | Then he goes missing. | 然后他就失踪了 |
[14:34] | When he turns up a week later, | 一周后当他重现人间时 |
[14:36] | he’s a killer with a destroyed brain. | 已经成了个大脑受损的杀人凶手 |
[14:38] | And a mysterious chemical in his system. | 并且体内有一种神秘的化学物质 |
[14:40] | Marissa Ledbetter. She has crushing debt. | 马瑞莎·莱德贝特 她欠了庞大的债务 |
[14:42] | She receives a payment. She’s then found murdered | 她收到了一笔汇款 然后就死了 |
[14:45] | with a list of chemical dosages in her pocket. | 被发现时口袋里还有一张化学剂量清单 |
[14:47] | So, you think someone paid Chris Jacoby | 所以 你觉得有人花钱让克里斯·杰科比 |
[14:49] | to take whatever drug we found in his system. | 服用了我们在他体内发现的药品 |
[14:51] | You’re talking about an illegal drug trial. | 这可是非法药物试验 |
[14:53] | I think your friend Ms. Ledbetter | 我想你的朋友马瑞莎·莱德贝特 |
[14:55] | was the nurse in charge of administering | 应该是负责管理 |
[14:57] | whatever chemical Purgatorium, Incorporated, is manufacturing. | 普格图瑞公司生产的化学品 |
[15:00] | The drug clearly did not work the way that they intended it to. | 这药明显没发挥他们预期的功效 |
[15:04] | It destroyed Jacoby’s brain. | 反而损害了杰科比的大脑 |
[15:05] | And in his delusional state, he attacked Marissa | 然后他在幻觉中袭击了马瑞莎 |
[15:08] | and escaped whatever facility they were using. | 并逃出了他们做试验的地方 |
[15:11] | Whoever was in charge of the trial | 而负责这项试验的人 |
[15:12] | put her body in the Dumpster. | 把她的尸体扔进了垃圾箱 |
[15:13] | If that’s true, whoever did the trial | 如果情况属实 那进行试验的人 |
[15:15] | must’ve been desperate to find Chris Jacoby. | 肯定拼命想找到克里斯·杰科比 |
[15:18] | Given what we know, | 基于我们知道的情况 |
[15:20] | I find it very hard to believe that his murder | 我很难相信杀他的遇害 |
[15:22] | is the petty robbery that it appears to be. | 是表面上看起来的普通抢劫杀人 |
[15:24] | I think someone’s tying up loose ends. | 我想是有人想消除后患 |
[15:26] | So, you’re saying that Jacoby killed Marissa, | 你是说 杰科比杀了马瑞莎 |
[15:28] | but in a way, he wasn’t responsible for it. | 但某种程度上 他其实是无辜的 |
[15:31] | The truly guilty party is whoever set up the trial | 真正有罪的 是开展这项试验 |
[15:33] | and ruined his brain. And what’s more, | 并毁了他大脑的人 另外 |
[15:35] | no scientific trial is going to administer | 没有哪个科学试验 |
[15:37] | experimental drugs to just one recipient. | 会用仅仅一个试验对象的结果作为依据 |
[15:39] | Results would be meaningless. | 这样的结果毫无意义 |
[15:41] | The document we found on Marissa Ledbetter’s body… | 我们在马瑞莎身上发现的清单上 |
[15:44] | It has five different dosages | 有这种他们称为易泽姆77的药品 |
[15:46] | of the chemical they call E-Zed-M-77. | 五种不同的剂量 |
[15:50] | Five dosages, five patients. | 五种剂量 五个试验对象 |
[15:53] | They gave the drug to four other people. | 他们还给另外四个人用过这种药 |
[15:59] | So, you think somebody is running | 这么说 你们认为这城市里 |
[16:03] | an unauthorized drug trial in the middle of the city? | 有人在开展非法的药品试验 |
[16:07] | What does this…EZM-77 do? | 这个易泽姆77有什么功效 |
[16:11] | We don’t know what it’s supposed to do, | 我们还不知道它预期的功效 |
[16:12] | but if you take it, you get brain damage. | 但人们如果服用 大脑便会受损 |
[16:14] | I’ve studied plenty of drug trials in medical school. | 我在医学院时接触过很多药物试验 |
[16:17] | These things don’t happen in a vacuum. | 不会有人凭空想做这种事的 |
[16:19] | They’re expensive and they take time. | 既费时又费钱 |
[16:21] | There are four or five companies that drive | 业界有四五家公司 |
[16:23] | almost every advancement in the field. | 几乎垄断了领先成果 |
[16:24] | This probably traces back to one of them. | 这事也许跟其中一家有关 |
[16:26] | Now, you’re talking about public corporations. | 你现在说的可是公营公司 |
[16:28] | Would they really risk an illegal trial? | 他们真会冒险进行非法试验吗 |
[16:30] | If a company thought they were on to something, | 如果有公司觉得他们在研究的东西 |
[16:32] | and it could increase their market share? | 能增加他们的市场占有率呢 |
[16:33] | Sure, I could definitely see it. | 当然会 我完全可以想象 |
[16:35] | Get a drug that works first, | 先找到有效的药物 |
[16:36] | and then try and fast-track it through the system. | 然后使其尽快流入市场 |
[16:38] | So, how do we figure out which company it is? | 那我们要怎么查到底是哪家公司呢 |
[16:41] | Well, Jacoby was just one participant in the experiment. | 杰科比只是其中一个试验对象 |
[16:43] | We think there were four others. | 我们认为还有其他四人 |
[16:45] | The fastest way is to find one of them, | 最快的方法 就是找到他们其中一个 |
[16:47] | and see if they can lead us back to the company that staged the trial. | 看他们能不能引领我们找到幕后的公司 |
[16:51] | “Bella, Edward, | 贝拉 爱德华 |
[16:53] | “Jacob. | 雅各布 |
[16:54] | Immune to supernatural powers of the mind.” | 对超自然的意识力量免疫 |
[16:58] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:59] | Are you guys researching the Twilight books? | 你们是在研究《暮光之城》系列小说吗 |
[17:02] | We heard back from our friends at Everyone. | “人人”的朋友给了我们回复 |
[17:04] | They’ve agreed to compile a list of everyone who’s received | 他们同意给我们一份从普格图瑞公司 |
[17:06] | a payment from Purgatorium, Incorporated, since its inception last month. | 上个月成立起就收到付款的所有人员的名单 |
[17:10] | In exchange, they want me to compose a treatise | 作为交换 他们想让我写一篇 |
[17:13] | on why the character of Bella should’ve ended up | 关于为什么贝拉最后应该跟雅各布 |
[17:15] | with Jacob rather than Edward. | 而不是爱德华在一起的论文 |
[17:17] | Apparently, there’s some kind of convention in town, | 显然 市里有个什么讨论会 |
[17:19] | and then want me to read my essay out loud in the lobby. | 而他们想让我在大厅里读这篇论文 |
[17:22] | Personally, I see no reason why they couldn’t have come | 从我的角度来看 我认为 |
[17:23] | to some arrangement which involved all three of them. | 他们三个人应该都在一起 |
[17:25] | But that’s the position that Everyone has asked me to take, so… | 但是”人人”的朋友非让我那么写 所以… |
[17:28] | Everyone never gets tired of embarrassing you, do they? | “人人”就是喜欢让你出丑 是吧 |
[17:31] | Humiliation is the favorite currency of the hacker. | 羞辱别人是黑客们最喜欢的货币 |
[17:34] | Everyone didn’t mention anything about me reading anything out loud, did they? | “人人”没说要让我读什么东西吧 |
[17:37] | No. | 没有 |
[17:38] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[17:39] | Well, I’m gonna… | 那我就 |
[17:41] | work from home. | 回家工作了 |
[17:57] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[18:02] | That’s pretty. | 曲子不错 |
[18:04] | It seems suitable for pondering eternity. | 好像很适合用来思考永生 |
[18:08] | You came in using keys, not lock picks. | 你是用钥匙进来的 不是撬锁工具 |
[18:10] | Kitty had a key made for me. | 凯蒂给我配了把钥匙 |
[18:13] | She didn’t want me to have to break in | 她不希望你每次不想开门时 |
[18:14] | every time you didn’t feel like answering the door. | 我就得撬锁进来 |
[18:18] | And why are we pondering eternity this morning? | 为什么今早要思考永生 |
[18:21] | These are the five men who received | 就是这五个人收到了 |
[18:22] | payments from Purgatorium. | 普格图瑞公司的付款 |
[18:25] | You’re familiar with Christopher Jacoby. | 你已经知道了克里斯托夫·杰科比 |
[18:28] | The man next to him, Spencer Redding, | 他旁边的这位 斯宾塞· 雷丁 |
[18:29] | checked into a hospital three days ago | 三天前进了医院 |
[18:31] | with tremors in his limbs. | 症状是四肢发抖 |
[18:33] | He died a day later. | 一天后死了 |
[18:35] | An autopsy revealed damage to his cerebellum, | 尸检发现他的小脑 |
[18:37] | cerebral cortex and basal ganglia. | 大脑皮质层和基底神经节都受了损伤 |
[18:39] | Now, there have been missing persons complaints | 有人为其余两个人提交了 |
[18:41] | filed on behalf of two of the remaining men. | 失踪报告 |
[18:43] | The last one, Louis Carlisle, | 最后这位 路易斯·卡莱尔 |
[18:45] | not officially missing, but he hasn’t shown up | 警方没有说他失踪 但是他已经 |
[18:47] | for work in almost a week. | 几乎一个星期没上班了 |
[18:49] | I’ve dispatched Kitty to inquire after him, | 我已经派凯蒂去问他的情况 |
[18:51] | although I’m not very hopeful. | 虽然我并不抱太大希望 |
[18:53] | So, you think these men were murdered | 你觉得杀死他们的人 |
[18:54] | by the same person who killed Jacoby? | 和杀死杰科比的是同一个人 |
[18:56] | Spencer Redding was barely coherent | 斯宾塞· 雷丁进医院的时候 |
[18:58] | when he checked into hospital. | 基本已经神志不清了 |
[19:00] | But he was awake long enough for a doctor to ask him his age. | 但是医生还来得及问了他的年龄 |
[19:02] | Apparently, Spencer said he was 34 years old, | 斯宾塞说他三十四岁 |
[19:05] | but he’d been alive for many more years than that. | 但他的实际年龄远不止三十四岁 |
[19:07] | Sounds like the same things that Jacoby wrote in his journal. | 听上去和杰科比在日记里写的一样 |
[19:11] | What are the chances of two men with brain damage | 两个脑部受损的人产生了同样的幻觉 |
[19:12] | experiencing virtually identical delusions? | 这样的概率有多大 |
[19:15] | Miniscule. I have a notion | 太小了 我想到了 |
[19:17] | what E-Zed-M-77 is meant to do. | 易泽姆77是做什么用的了 |
[19:20] | I think someone has been experimenting | 我觉得有人在试验 |
[19:21] | with time-dilating drugs. | 具有时间膨胀功能的药物 |
[19:23] | Such chemicals target the regions of the brain | 这些化学物质以大脑区域为目标 |
[19:26] | which govern the perception of time. | 也就是人体负责管理时间概念的地方 |
[19:28] | The cerebellum, the cerebral cortex | 小脑 大脑皮质层 |
[19:30] | and the basal ganglia. | 以及基底神经节 |
[19:32] | These drugs would speed up the functioning of these regions | 这些药物会使这些部位的功能加速 |
[19:35] | so that the person who took them would experience | 这样使用者就会 |
[19:36] | one hour as, say, two hours. | 把一小时当作两小时 |
[19:38] | Or a week or, theoretically… | 或者当作一周 又或者 |
[19:42] | hundreds of years. | 理论上可以是一百年 |
[19:43] | Sounds like you’re saying that these drugs stop time. | 你好像是说这些药物使时间停止了 |
[19:45] | Not quite. They just cram more neurological function | 不太准确 它们只是把更多的神经功能 |
[19:48] | into a shorter period of time. Now… | 压缩到了较短的时间段里 现在 |
[19:51] | the potential applications are vast. | 这个作用适用的范围非常广 |
[19:53] | You could learn a new language | 你可以在几周内学会一门新语言 |
[19:54] | or a new skill in a couple of weeks. | 或者是一项新的技能 |
[19:55] | You could sentence a prisoner to one day in prison, | 你可以判罪犯入狱一天 |
[19:58] | and he would emerge having experienced | 而他会感觉到 |
[20:00] | the equivalent of ten years worth of punishment. | 是服了十年的徒刑 |
[20:02] | You think someone invented that? | 你觉得有人发明了这种药物吗 |
[20:04] | I think there are still kinks to be worked out. | 我觉得还有一些难关需要攻克 |
[20:06] | Now, whether or not Jacoby and the others | 至于杰科比和其他人 |
[20:08] | experienced actual time dilation? | 是否经历了时间膨胀 |
[20:11] | It’s very difficult to say. | 现在很难判断 |
[20:12] | They would presumably have been briefed | 可能是他们被告知了 |
[20:14] | on the potential effects of the drug, | 这种药物的潜在副作用 |
[20:16] | so it’s possible their damaged brain seized on that information | 所以他们受损的大脑记住了这条信息 |
[20:19] | and built a delusion around it. | 然后形成了幻觉 |
[20:21] | You have approached Odin. Your photograph has been taken… | 你正在接近奥丁 你的影像已经被拍下… |
[20:23] | I’m helping Alfredo with something, so… | 我在帮阿弗雷多解决个问题 所以… |
[20:24] | and forwarded to the authorities. You have… | 并被传送至执法机关 你正… |
[20:31] | Kitty went to Carlisle’s workplace. | 凯蒂去了卡莱尔工作的地方 |
[20:32] | He hasn’t been there for a while. | 他已经很久没上班了 |
[20:35] | One of his colleagues said | 他的一个同事说 |
[20:35] | they received an e-mail from him last night. | 他们昨晚收到了他的电子邮件 |
[20:38] | Apparently, he’s gone into hiding. | 他说他躲起来了 |
[20:41] | Someone who took the drug is still alive? | 有服用药物的人还活着 |
[20:45] | Louis only been into work once this week. | 路易斯这周只上了一天班 |
[20:48] | And he had to go home early. | 而且还早退了 |
[20:49] | He was in bad shape. | 他看上去很不好 |
[20:51] | Did his e-mail say why he planned to go into hiding? | 他的邮件里有没有说他为什么打算躲起来 |
[20:54] | He said people were following him. | 他说有人跟着他 |
[20:55] | He thinks his life’s in danger. | 他觉得自己生命有危险 |
[20:59] | Wait, was that true? | 等等 这是真的吗 |
[21:01] | I thought he was having a breakdown or something. | 我以为他就是精神衰弱了之类的 |
[21:04] | We’re not sure. | 我们还不确定 |
[21:06] | Did he mention where he was going? | 他有没有说他去哪了 |
[21:09] | Jessa and I talked before you got here. | 你们来之前我跟杰萨谈过 |
[21:11] | Apparently, Louis been having money problems. | 很显然 路易斯遇到了经济困难 |
[21:13] | Yeah, ever since his mom got cancer. | 是的 是从他妈妈得了癌症后 |
[21:16] | He was helping pay for her treatments | 他一直在花钱给她治疗 |
[21:17] | right up until she died. | 一直到她去世 |
[21:19] | Any idea what happened to her apartment after she died? | 你知道她的公寓最后怎么处理了吗 |
[21:22] | I think Louis was getting it ready to go on the market. | 我觉得路易斯正准备把它卖出去 |
[21:25] | An empty apartment and a desperate young man | 一间空公寓 一个需要找地方躲起来的 |
[21:27] | in need of a hiding place. | 绝望的年轻人 |
[21:36] | Louis Carlisle, we’re with the NYPD. | 路易斯·卡莱尔 我们是纽约警局的人 |
[21:41] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[21:45] | If you’d like to test your skills | 你要是想在实战中 |
[21:46] | in a practical environment, the floor is yours. | 检测一下你的技术 请便吧 |
[21:55] | That’s a bit unwieldy for the job at hand, don’t you think? | 这把工具太笨拙了 你不觉得吗 |
[22:02] | That’s too delicate for the deadbolt. | 对于这把锁这个又太细了 |
[22:03] | Would you two mind? | 你们能不发表意见吗 |
[22:12] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[22:14] | Louis Carlisle? | 路易斯·卡莱尔 |
[22:17] | Mr. Carlisle, we’re here to help you! | 卡莱尔先生 我们是来帮你的 |
[22:19] | Stay away from me! | 离我远点 |
[22:21] | Stay away from me! | 离我远点 |
[22:23] | We’re from the NYPD, we’re not gonna hurt you. | 我们是纽约警局派来的 我们不会伤害你 |
[22:25] | Mr. Carlisle, we know about E-Zed-M. | 卡莱尔先生 我们知道易泽姆 |
[22:28] | We know that there are people after you. | 我们知道有人在追杀你 |
[22:29] | If you tell us about the trial, | 如果你告诉我们试验的事 |
[22:30] | we’ll make sure that they never threaten you again. | 我们会保证没人能再威胁你了 |
[22:35] | You’ll keep me safe? | 你能保证我安全 |
[22:39] | If you can help me, | 如果你能帮我 |
[22:41] | I’ll t-tell you… I’ll tell you whatever you want to know. | 我就告诉你 告诉你所有想知道的事 |
[22:45] | I’ll tell you everything. | 我全都告诉你 |
[22:52] | It’s odd, the other people | 真奇怪 其他服用了 |
[22:53] | who took this drug could barely talk. | 这种药物的人都基本不能说话了 |
[22:55] | One of them we know went insane. | 其中的一个还疯了 |
[22:57] | But he seems… | 可是他虽然 |
[22:58] | not fine, exactly, but he’s functioning. | 不太好 但是基本正常 |
[23:01] | The experimenters gave different amounts of the drug | 试验人员给每个试验参与者的 |
[23:03] | to everyone who participated in the experiment. | 药物剂量不同 |
[23:07] | Clearly got some sort of brain damage. | 显然他脑部也受到了损伤 |
[23:08] | Look at his hand. | 看他的手 |
[23:10] | Must have gotten the smallest dosage. | 肯定服用的是最少的剂量 |
[23:17] | Just so we’re clear, Mr. Carlisle, | 事先说清楚 卡莱尔先生 |
[23:19] | you’re not under arrest. | 你没有被逮捕 |
[23:22] | We just want to ask you some questions, all right? | 我们只是想问你一些问题 好吗 |
[23:25] | Who did this to you? | 是谁把你弄成这样的 |
[23:27] | I wish I could give you names. | 我也希望能告诉你是谁 |
[23:29] | Wait a minute, you participated in an experimental drug trial | 等一下 你参加一项实验性药物试验 |
[23:32] | without even knowing who was conducting it? | 却连组织者是谁都不知道 |
[23:36] | It was a lot of money. | 他们给了很多钱 |
[23:38] | It was 150 grand, up front. | 首付就是十五万 |
[23:41] | Another 150 grand a year for the rest of my life, | 还会在余生中每年给我十五万 |
[23:43] | if I didn’t, you know, tell anyone about the study. | 只要我不把这事告诉任何人 |
[23:46] | They were gonna give you $150,000 a year | 他们会每年给你十五万 |
[23:49] | for the rest of your life? | 直到你死吗 |
[23:50] | They said it was incentive to keep quiet. | 说是为了让我们保密 |
[23:56] | I mean, did it seem shady? | 我觉得这事可疑吗 |
[23:59] | Of course, but… | 当然了 不过… |
[24:00] | that kind of money, I can live with shady. | 那么多钱 可疑点也无妨 |
[24:03] | How’d you find out about the study? | 你怎么知道这个研究的 |
[24:05] | It was just an ad online. | 在网上看到了广告 |
[24:06] | Had an e-mail address. | 上边有个邮件地址 |
[24:08] | I wrote them, they wrote back. | 我给他们写信 他们回复了 |
[24:10] | It was all anonymous. | 都是匿名的 |
[24:12] | But the wire transfer cleared, | 但是钱转得很痛快 |
[24:14] | and, you know, it-it seemed professional. | 而且 他们看起来是专业人士 |
[24:18] | And the trial itself, where did it take place? | 那试验呢 是在哪里进行的 |
[24:21] | Just some office they rented out. | 某个他们租来的办公室里 |
[24:23] | They gave me the drugs, and I spent the night there. | 他们给我药 我在那待一夜 |
[24:30] | They said, um, I might feel like a lot of time is passing, | 他们说 我会感觉时间过了很久 |
[24:33] | and it definitely felt weird, | 确实很奇怪 |
[24:34] | but I was okay. | 但我当时没事 |
[24:37] | Till a couple days later… | 直到几天后 |
[24:42] | when this started. | 就开始这样了 |
[24:46] | I sent them an e-mail. | 我给他们发了邮件 |
[24:48] | Thought they’d help. | 以为他们能帮我 |
[24:50] | Instead, people start following me. | 但却有人开始跟踪我 |
[24:52] | People, who? What did they look like? | 什么人 他们长什么样 |
[24:54] | I don’t know, I never got a great look at anybody. | 我不知道 我从来没能看仔细 |
[24:56] | How about the people who came to you to conduct the study? | 那对你进行试验的那些人呢 |
[24:59] | Can you describe them? | 你能描述一下他们吗 |
[25:00] | Yeah, sure… | 当然可以 |
[25:03] | there was a nurse. | 有一位护士 |
[25:04] | You guys know about her already. | 你们已经知道她是谁了 |
[25:07] | I saw another person. | 我还见过另外一个人 |
[25:09] | Once. | 只一面 |
[25:11] | Black guy. | 黑人 |
[25:13] | He was about 40. | 大概四十岁 |
[25:15] | I think he… | 我觉得他… |
[25:17] | I think he was the one in charge. | 我觉得他是管事的 |
[25:37] | To what do I owe the pleasure of this unannounced visit? | 是什么使得您突然大驾光临 |
[25:40] | Alfredo called me. | 阿弗雷多给我打电话了 |
[25:41] | He said you missed a meeting, he was worried. | 他说你没去互助会 他有点担心 |
[25:44] | I’m working, Watson. | 我在工作 华生 |
[25:46] | We have a sketch of the man who is in charge | 我们有了一副非法药物试验 |
[25:48] | of the illegal drug trial. Now… | 负责人的素描画像 |
[25:50] | someone with a talent for dabbling in time-dilating drugs | 能够涉及开发时间膨胀药物的人 |
[25:52] | is not your average citizen. | 可不是什么普通人 |
[25:54] | He is, in all likelihood, connected to one | 他很有可能会与一些 |
[25:56] | of the major pharmaceutical conglomerates. | 大型制药企业有联系 |
[25:58] | So, you’re going through their annual reports, | 所以你在查看他们的年度报告 |
[26:00] | looking for a picture that matches. | 找有没有相似的照片 |
[26:01] | I was looking through their annual reports, | 我刚才是在查看他们的年度报告 |
[26:03] | till I found a photograph of Dr. Dwyer Kirke, PHD. | 后来找到了一张医学博士德威尔·科克的照片 |
[26:11] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[26:12] | Dr. Kirke heads up a research laboratory | 科克医生是乌比恩制药公司 |
[26:14] | at Ubient Pharmaceuticals. | 研究工作室的主管 |
[26:16] | He’s a leading light in the field of neurochemistry. | 他是神经化学界的先驱 |
[26:19] | I do believe we have found our man. | 我觉得我们找到了嫌疑人 |
[26:21] | Did you tell Marcus? | 你告诉马库斯了吗 |
[26:23] | The NYPD are on the prowl for Dr. Kirke. | 纽约警局正在拘捕科克医生 |
[26:26] | Okay, that’s great. | 那太好了 |
[26:26] | So, you’re not exactly working anymore, right? | 所以说你不需要再工作了 对吧 |
[26:28] | I mean, the police know who did it. | 警察已经知道是谁干的了 |
[26:30] | So why not go to a meeting | 你为什么不去互助会 |
[26:31] | while they go and find this guy Kirke? | 让他们去找科克 |
[26:33] | I sent Kitty to look through the office space | 我派凯蒂去查看 |
[26:35] | where the trial was conducted, and I need to be available | 进行试验的办公室了 我需要等在这 |
[26:37] | should she wish to get in touch. | 以便她能够随时联络到我 |
[26:41] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[26:44] | You’re skipping meetings. | 你一直翘互助会 |
[26:48] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[26:51] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[26:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:58] | Well, I can’t force you to talk to me. | 我不能强迫你和我坦白 |
[27:02] | But I wish you would. | 但我希望你能够和我说说 |
[27:08] | If you must know, Watson… | 如果你真想知道 华生 |
[27:11] | I’ve been feeling a little bit down of late. | 我最近情绪比较低落 |
[27:15] | It’s the process of maintaining my sobriety. | 是我保持戒瘾的过程 |
[27:19] | It’s repetitive. | 循环往复 |
[27:21] | And it’s relentless. | 并且没有间歇 |
[27:23] | And above all, it’s tedious. | 最主要的是太过沉闷 |
[27:31] | When I left rehab, I… | 当我离开戒毒所时 我… |
[27:34] | I accepted your influence. | 我接受了你的影响 |
[27:36] | I committed to my recovery. | 我致力于复原 |
[27:38] | And now… | 而现在 |
[27:40] | two years in… | 两年多了 |
[27:43] | I found myself asking, | 我却开始自问 |
[27:46] | is this it? | 难道就这样了吗 |
[27:52] | My sobriety is simply a grind. | 保持戒瘾是一项苦差事 |
[27:57] | It’s just this leaky faucet | 就像是一个漏水的水龙头 |
[27:58] | which requires constant maintenance. | 需要经常进行维护 |
[28:02] | And in return offers only… | 而得到的回报只是 |
[28:05] | not to drip. | 不再漏水 |
[28:10] | You have your work. | 你有工作 |
[28:13] | You have me. | 你还有我 |
[28:14] | You’re alive. | 你还活着 |
[28:16] | I’ve told myself that many times. | 我这么对自己说过很多次了 |
[28:21] | So many times that it has become unmoored from all meaning. | 多到已经对其背后的意义没有实感了 |
[28:28] | Odd. | 真奇怪 |
[28:29] | I… | 我… |
[28:32] | I used to imagine that a relapse would be the climax | 我曾经认为复发将会是一次 |
[28:36] | to some grand drama. | 伟大的剧情高潮 |
[28:44] | Now I think that if I were to use drugs again, | 现在我却觉得如果再次吸毒 |
[28:48] | it would in fact be an anticlimax. | 会是一个非常扫兴的狗血剧情 |
[28:54] | It would be a surrender | 只不过是屈服于 |
[28:55] | to the incessant drip, drip, drip | 持续的滴水状态 滴答滴答地 |
[29:00] | of existence. | 流失自我 |
[29:18] | I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. | 很遗憾你有这种感觉 |
[29:23] | What can I do to help? | 我怎么才能帮到你 |
[29:27] | Do you want to talk more? | 你想多谈谈吗 |
[29:28] | Do you want to maybe speak to Alfredo? | 或者你想和阿弗雷多谈谈 |
[29:32] | Yes, I think perhaps I will see Alfredo. | 是啊 或许我可以去见见阿弗雷多 |
[29:40] | But in any case, | 但不管如何 |
[29:43] | I shan’t be using drugs this evening. | 我今晚不会吸毒 |
[29:58] | Cold feet on the warm deck, Watson. | 太阳晒屁股了 华生 |
[30:01] | It’s a wonderful morning to be preoccupied | 这是一个充满了 |
[30:02] | by the meaninglessness of existence. | 无意义的美好早晨 |
[30:05] | Why is that? | 那是什么意思 |
[30:06] | It led you to spend the night here. | 你在这里过了夜 |
[30:08] | Which, in turn, affords me the opportunity to rouse you. | 因此 让我有了机会吵醒你 |
[30:10] | I’ve missed it. | 我十分怀念这感觉 |
[30:12] | Food. | 食物 |
[30:13] | Clothing. | 衣服 |
[30:14] | Which you left here when you moved out. | 你搬出去的时候留下的 |
[30:17] | I didn’t know you played the bugle. | 我都不知道你还会吹军号 |
[30:19] | I have a bugle. | 我只是有个军号 |
[30:19] | I spent the last hour learning that particular tune. | 曲子是我花一个小时刚学的 |
[30:22] | The police searched Dwyer Kirke’s apartment last night. | 昨晚警察搜查了德威尔·科克的公寓 |
[30:25] | They found several hidden vials of a chemical, | 他们发现了几瓶隐藏的化学品 |
[30:27] | which matches the one that we found inside Chris Jacoby’s body. | 与我们在克里斯·杰科比身体里找到的相匹配 |
[30:30] | And some written records of the trial. | 还找了有关试验的文字记录 |
[30:32] | We have everything we need to make an arrest. | 我们掌握了足够证据去拘捕他 |
[30:34] | Except for Dwyer Kirke himself. | 只是找不到德威尔·科克本人 |
[30:36] | I have a notion where we might find him. | 我想到了一个找到他的办法 |
[30:38] | With a bit of luck, we can apprehend him | 加上点好运 午餐时分 |
[30:39] | and convince him to turn on his superiors | 我们可以逮捕他 |
[30:41] | at Ubient Pharmaceutical by, say, lunchtime. | 并说服他供出乌比恩制药公司的上司 |
[30:44] | Are you gonna wake up Kitty? | 你要叫醒凯蒂吗 |
[30:45] | Of course not. | 当然不了 |
[30:46] | I am a courteous housemate. | 我是个有礼貌的室友 |
[30:53] | This guy, Kirke, | 这个科克 |
[30:54] | he’s running from murder charges. | 畏罪潜逃了 |
[30:56] | Why exactly are you expecting him to show up | 你为什么觉得他会来 |
[30:58] | at his aunt’s nursing home? | 他姑妈的疗养院 |
[30:59] | Dwyer Kirke has power of attorney | 德威尔·科克姑妈的事务 |
[31:01] | over his aunt’s affairs. | 全都委托给他了 |
[31:02] | He’s responsible for her care. | 他有赡养责任 |
[31:05] | She raised him, and, according to the staff here, | 她养育了他 据这边的员工说 |
[31:07] | he’s a regular visitor. | 他常来看她 |
[31:09] | Poor woman is recovering from a broken hip. | 可怜的女人髋骨骨折 正在康复中 |
[31:11] | That can be the kiss of death to elderly patients. | 对老年人来说 这可能会致命 |
[31:13] | Isn’t that right, Watson? | 我说得对吧 华生 |
[31:14] | It’s a psychological thing. | 跟他们的心理有关 |
[31:16] | They have a tendency to give up. | 他们很容易放弃 |
[31:17] | Mr. Kirke has accompanied his aunt | 他姑妈的每一次物理治疗 |
[31:19] | to every physical therapy session she’s undergone. | 科克先生都全程陪同 |
[31:22] | I think it’s fair to say that his presence, | 我认为可以说他的陪同 |
[31:23] | motivating factor that it is, | 是他姑妈的动力 |
[31:25] | could be the difference between life and death for her. | 也是她是否放弃生命的主要因素 |
[31:28] | She has a physical therapy session starting in 20 minutes. | 二十分钟后 她的治疗就会开始 |
[31:31] | I’m just saying– you’re putting a lot of faith in a guy | 我就是觉得 对于一个背负三起谋杀的人 |
[31:33] | behind at least three homicides. | 你对他也太有信心了吧 |
[31:36] | The killings were an undesired side effect | 害死这些人是他试验失败的后果 |
[31:38] | of his experiment gone disastrously wrong. | 他也不想这样 |
[31:41] | He’s not a murderer by avocation. | 杀人不是他的嗜好 |
[31:48] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[31:51] | Dwyer Kirke? | 德威尔·科克 |
[31:54] | You’re a good nephew. | 你是个好侄子 |
[31:55] | You’re also under arrest. | 但同时你也被捕了 |
[32:01] | Listen… | 听着… |
[32:03] | you’ve got me. | 你抓到我了 |
[32:04] | I understand that. | 我理解 |
[32:05] | Just, please… | 但是拜托… |
[32:06] | be careful with my research. | 请小心处理我的研究成果 |
[32:08] | It’s important. | 这很重要 |
[32:09] | It needs to be published. | 要将它公之于众 |
[32:10] | People will want to continue this work once I’m in prison. | 我入狱以后 人们会想要继续我的研究 |
[32:13] | You’re referring to the work | 你是指那个 |
[32:15] | that ruined the brains of five different people? | 毁了五个人大脑的研究吗 |
[32:17] | Obviously, there were issues. | 很显然 研究还存在问题 |
[32:19] | We had dosage problems. | 我们无法确定合适的注射剂量 |
[32:21] | But this is incredible stuff. | 但这项研究非常了不起 |
[32:23] | Some of those people experienced actual time dilation. | 一些人体验了真正的时间膨胀 |
[32:26] | You don’t know that. | 那可不一定 |
[32:28] | You don’t strike me as someone | 我看你不像是那种 |
[32:29] | who’s eager to throw their life away. | 会轻贱他们生命的人 |
[32:32] | Why wouldn’t you just test the drug through the proper channels? | 为什么不通过合法途径来检验药品呢 |
[32:35] | We couldn’t. We had to move quickly. | 我们不能 进展必须要快 |
[32:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:38] | You said “we,” Dr. Kirke. | 你说了”我们” 科克医生 |
[32:41] | Right now, there is no “we.” | 现在 这里没有”我们” |
[32:43] | You’re the one taking the charges. | 你一个人背负所有指控 |
[32:45] | The trial cost north of $1 million. | 试验花掉了差不多一百万美金 |
[32:48] | There’s no way that you could’ve financed that on your own. | 仅凭你一人 不可能支付起那么庞大的数目 |
[32:52] | We’re also reasonably certain | 我们也有理由确信 |
[32:54] | you weren’t the one running around | 当事情出了岔子 |
[32:55] | killing people when things went south. | 不是你在到处杀人掩盖事实 |
[32:59] | Tell us about Ubient. | 跟我们说说乌比恩公司 |
[33:02] | Give us names, and we’ll do what we can for you. | 说出那些人的名字 我们帮你宽大处理 |
[33:05] | I’m not telling you anything about where the money came from. | 我不会告诉你们资金来源 |
[33:08] | You think they’re gonna pay you to carry the weight on this? | 你觉得你一人承担 他们会付你钱吗 |
[33:10] | It’s got nothing to do with getting paid. | 跟钱没关系 |
[33:12] | I’ll tell you about the study, | 我会告诉你们整个研究项目 |
[33:14] | I’ll take responsibility for the deaths, | 所有的人命都算在我头上 |
[33:17] | but I will never say a word about the funding. | 但我绝不会告诉你们资助者是谁 |
[33:21] | I’d like my lawyer now. | 请把我的律师找来 |
[33:27] | Why would he go to prison for the rest of his life | 为何他宁愿被关在监狱里一辈子 |
[33:29] | just to protect his bosses? | 也要保护他的上司呢 |
[33:31] | No one gives up everything just for a corporation. | 没人会为了公司而放弃一切 |
[33:33] | No, that kind of resolve… | 不会 那样的决心… |
[33:35] | This is personal to him. | 此事必定带有私人感情 |
[33:37] | You think we were wrong about Ubient. | 你觉得在乌比恩这事上 我们想错了 |
[33:40] | They didn’t give him the money. | 他们没给他钱 |
[33:42] | Dr. Kirke is not protecting a company. | 科克医生保护的不是公司 |
[33:46] | He’s protecting a person. | 他保护的是一个人 |
[33:54] | There some reason we can’t turn the lights on? | 不开灯有什么原因吗 |
[33:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:59] | The sensor is remarkably sophisticated. | 传感器极其精密 |
[34:02] | It’s virtually impossible to approach it | 在不触怒奥丁的情况下 |
[34:04] | without incurring Odin’s wrath. | 几乎不可能靠近它 |
[34:08] | You have approached Odin. | 你正在接近奥丁 |
[34:10] | There isn’t enough time | 警报响起之前 |
[34:11] | to deactivate it before the alarm goes off. | 没有时间解除装置 |
[34:14] | – However… – You have ten seconds to back away. | -但是… -请在十秒内后退 |
[34:16] | Ten. Nine. | 十 九 |
[34:19] | Eight. Seven. | 八 七 |
[34:19] | If you manipulate the electrolytic capacitor | 如果你使用一次性相机上的电容器 |
[34:21] | on a disposable camera and run our rigging | 并给传动装置 |
[34:24] | through a suitable load coil, | 接上一个合适的负载线圈 |
[34:26] | You can generate an electromagnetic pulse | 就能产生电磁脉冲 |
[34:28] | – Two. One. – Capable of scrambling the alarm’s electronics. | -二 一 -从而干扰警报的电子装备 |
[34:35] | As you can see, the Norseman falls quite silent. | 如你所见 古挪威人悄然沦陷了 |
[34:38] | You ruined the rest of the electronics. | 你毁掉了其余的电子设备 |
[34:40] | You didn’t beat the alarm if you can’t steal the car. | 如果偷不了车你也不能算是解除了警报 |
[34:43] | Actually, electronic devices | 实际上 电子设备运作时 |
[34:45] | are more susceptible to an EMP if they’re turned on. | 都很容易受到电子脉冲影响 |
[34:48] | You simply calibrate the pulse | 你只需适当调整脉冲 |
[34:49] | so it doesn’t affect | 这样它就不会影响 |
[34:50] | the automobile’s dormant electronics, | 汽车上处于休眠状态的电子设备 |
[34:52] | And the prize is yours. | 那这车就是你的囊中之物了 |
[34:56] | An electromagnetic pulse. | 电磁脉冲 |
[34:59] | Well, I never would’ve thought of that. | 我还真没想过这个 |
[35:01] | Yes, well, you’re a burglar. | 你是个盗贼 |
[35:02] | You’re a very good one, | 非常出色的盗贼 |
[35:04] | but you’re not an electrical engineer. | 但你不是一个电子工程师 |
[35:06] | Well, neither are you. | 你也不是 |
[35:11] | So we haven’t talked about the meetings. | 我们还没说互助会的事情呢 |
[35:14] | What’s up? | 怎么样 |
[35:15] | You coming back? | 你回来吗 |
[35:18] | Yeah, I can’t promise | 对 我不能保证 |
[35:19] | I’m gonna find any more meaning in them, but… | 我会在那里找到意义 但是… |
[35:22] | I respect you and everything you have done for me. | 我尊重你和你为我做的一切 |
[35:25] | So if you want me there, I’ll go. | 如果你希望我去 那我就去 |
[35:28] | Think that’d be a good idea. | 我觉得这样挺好 |
[35:32] | Watson. | 华生 |
[35:33] | Hey, I got your message to call, | 我收到你让我打电话的信息了 |
[35:35] | but if you’re still with Alfredo… | 但如果你还在跟阿弗雷多… |
[35:36] | No, we’re just finishing up. | 我们这边刚结束 |
[35:38] | So what’s going on? | 有什么新消息吗 |
[35:39] | I think I know who funded | 我想我知道是谁资助 |
[35:41] | Dwyer Kirke’s illegal trial. | 德威尔·科克的非法试验了 |
[35:47] | Hello? | 你好 |
[35:48] | Good evening! | 晚上好 |
[35:49] | We’d like a quick word with Jack Connaughton, please. | 我们想和杰克·康诺顿谈一下 |
[35:52] | I’m afraid Mr. Connaughton isn’t feeling well this evening. | 康诺顿先生今晚不太舒服 |
[35:55] | I’m confident he’ll make time for us. | 我相信他会抽出时间见我们的 |
[35:57] | Tell him our business involves an illegal clinical trial, | 跟他说我们要跟他谈谈非法临床试验 |
[36:00] | several murders and a drug which promises its users | 几宗谋杀以及一种能让使用者感受到 |
[36:02] | a kind of immortality. | 类似永生的药物 |
[36:14] | Thank you, Brett. | 谢谢 布雷特 |
[36:17] | Something to drink? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[36:19] | I don’t touch the hard stuff myself anymore. | 我已经不再喝酒了 |
[36:22] | Mr. Connaughton, | 康诺顿先生 |
[36:23] | did you know the NYPD | 你知道今天纽约警局 |
[36:24] | arrested a man named Dwyer Kirke today? | 抓了一个叫德威尔·科克的人吗 |
[36:27] | He’s been pursuing the invention of time-dilating drugs. | 他在发明能让时间膨胀的药物 |
[36:31] | I hadn’t heard that. | 没听说过 |
[36:33] | At first, we assumed | 一开始 我们以为 |
[36:34] | that Mr. Kirke was working | 科克先生是在为他 |
[36:35] | on behalf of his employers at Ubient Pharmaceutical. | 乌比恩制药公司的雇主做研究 |
[36:38] | But he’s been strangely reticent to name his sponsors. | 但他对资助者的名字三缄其口 |
[36:42] | That led us to believe | 这让我们相信 |
[36:44] | that he was being funded by a private benefactor. | 他其实是由私人赞助的 |
[36:47] | You know Dwyer Kirke, don’t you? | 你认识德威尔·科克 对吧 |
[36:49] | Name sounds familiar. | 名字很耳熟 |
[36:52] | Well, the two of you crossed paths | 在你的第一项专利 |
[36:54] | not long after you sold your first patent | 以两千万售出后不久 |
[36:56] | for $20 million. | 你们就认识了 |
[36:58] | You set up a scholarship fund | 你成立了一项奖学金基金 |
[37:00] | for promising kids from inner-city neighborhoods. | 专门针对平民区里有出息的孩子 |
[37:03] | Your charity pulled him out of a terrible school | 你的慈善组织让他离开那所破烂学校 |
[37:04] | and placed him into the Appleford Academy, | 从而就读于艾普福德学院 |
[37:06] | and you gave his aunt a stipend | 你还定期给他姑妈津贴 |
[37:09] | to help raise him. | 来帮助抚养他长大 |
[37:11] | We’ve helped a lot of kids. | 我们帮助过很多孩子 |
[37:12] | But he’s the one you called | 但当你得知自己 |
[37:14] | when you learned that you were dying | 患有肺动脉高血压 |
[37:15] | of pulmonary hypertension, isn’t he? | 活不了多久时你联系的是他 对吧 |
[37:18] | I haven’t told anyone about my diagnosis. | 我没跟任何人说我的诊断结果 |
[37:21] | You paid Dwyer Kirke | 你给德威尔·科克钱 |
[37:23] | to develop E-Zed-M. | 来开发易泽姆 |
[37:25] | He owed you everything, | 他欠你太多 |
[37:26] | so he obliged. | 所以答应了 |
[37:28] | You were looking for a pharmaceutical fountain of youth. | 你要找的是一种医药上的青春之泉 |
[37:32] | A way to prolong your perception | 助你在仅存于世的日子里 |
[37:34] | of the time you have left on this earth. | 延长你对时间的感知 |
[37:37] | Weeks could feel like months– years, even. | 会觉得几周像数月 甚至数年 |
[37:40] | It wouldn’t be the best of lives, | 这的确不是最好的生活 |
[37:41] | but at least you could work. | 但你至少可以工作 |
[37:43] | Beats the grave, in any case. | 不论如何都比死亡要好 |
[37:46] | I’m not saying that I… | 我不是说我 |
[37:49] | have anything to do with this trial, | 跟这个试验有任何关系 |
[37:52] | but what you’re describing | 但你描述的事情 |
[37:54] | sounds incredible. | 听起来棒极了 |
[37:57] | It should elicit praise, | 应该给予嘉奖 |
[38:00] | not threats of arrest. | 而非逮捕的威胁 |
[38:03] | We will prove that you founded Purgatorium, Incorporated… | 我们会证明你创立了普格图瑞公司 |
[38:06] | just as we will prove that you had | 正如我们会证明你找人 |
[38:08] | surviving trial participants executed. | 杀害活下来的试验参与者 |
[38:12] | Admit what you did. | 承认你的罪行 |
[38:15] | Do it now, | 现在说 |
[38:17] | and we will see to your comfort in your final days. | 我们会保证你最后的日子能安然度过 |
[38:24] | Brett… | 布雷特 |
[38:28] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[38:30] | I’d like to go to bed. | 想去休息了 |
[38:42] | The man’s facing death. | 这人已经将死 |
[38:44] | we have precious little leverage over him. | 我们能和他谈条件的筹码太少了 |
[38:48] | Maybe Jack Connaughton isn’t the one we should be appealing to. | 也许我们不该去找杰克·康诺顿谈 |
[38:59] | I don’t know why you asked me | 我不懂你们为什么 |
[39:00] | to come in here. | 叫我过来 |
[39:01] | I’m just a nurse. | 我只是个护士 |
[39:02] | I’m not involved in any of this. | 我跟这事毫无关系 |
[39:04] | Well, in my experience, Mr. Won, | 从我的经验来看 王先生 |
[39:06] | employees in the homes of the very wealthy | 巨富家中的雇员 |
[39:08] | are often seen as little more than sentient furniture. | 通常只不过被当作有感知的家具 |
[39:10] | As such, their overseers will often do | 因此 雇主常会在他们面前 |
[39:12] | or say things in their company | 做些或说些他们绝不会 |
[39:15] | they would never share in public. | 在公众面前分享的事 |
[39:17] | You’ve cared for Jack Connaughton | 过去九个月你一直在 |
[39:18] | for the last nine months. | 照顾杰克·康诺顿 |
[39:20] | Did you hear anything strange during that time? | 这段期间你听到过什么奇怪的事吗 |
[39:23] | Brett… | 布雷特 |
[39:25] | People are dead. | 人们因此而丧命 |
[39:29] | I can’t talk to any of you about this. | 我不能跟你们说这些 |
[39:31] | I signed a Nondisclosure Agreement | 接受这份工作时 |
[39:32] | when I took this job. | 我签过保密协议 |
[39:33] | I could get sued. | 我会被起诉的 |
[39:34] | There isn’t an NDA | 这世上没什么 |
[39:35] | on this planet that can protect against | 保密协议能保护 |
[39:37] | criminal activity. | 犯罪行为 |
[39:44] | That’s Marissa Ledbetter. | 这是马瑞莎·莱德贝特 |
[39:47] | She was a nurse, too. | 她也是名护士 |
[39:52] | These are the men | 这些是 |
[39:53] | that signed up for the study. | 参加这项研究的人 |
[39:58] | Two of them are missing. | 其中两人失踪 |
[40:00] | Two of them are dead. | 两人已经死亡 |
[40:03] | Their families don’t have closure. | 他们的家人无法释怀 |
[40:05] | You can help us bring it to ’em. | 你可以帮助他们 |
[40:17] | A little while back… | 前阵子… |
[40:21] | Mr. Connaughton had me look | 康诺顿先生让我 |
[40:22] | through his safe for a business card. | 在他的保险柜里找一张名片 |
[40:25] | When I was in the safe, I saw a bunch of papers | 当我打开保险柜时 我看到一叠纸 |
[40:27] | with the name of the business you asked him about on them. | 上面写着你们问他的那家公司 |
[40:30] | Purgatorium, incorporated. | 普格图瑞公司 |
[40:33] | I found the business card. | 我找到了名片 |
[40:36] | It-it didn’t have any names on it, | 上面没有名字 |
[40:37] | Just a phone number. | 只有个电话号码 |
[40:40] | He called the number, and two men came over. | 他打了那个号码 来了两个男人 |
[40:43] | They didn’t introduce themselves. | 他们没有介绍自己 |
[40:45] | They made a point of not introducing themselves. | 他们是故意不这么做的 |
[40:48] | I heard most of what they talked about. | 我听到了他们的大部分谈话 |
[40:51] | Mr. Connaughton… | 康诺顿先生 |
[40:53] | mentioned these men. | 提到这些人 |
[40:56] | Said they all had to be “taken care of.” | 说他们都得被除掉 |
[41:10] | Jack Connaughton, | 杰克·康诺顿 |
[41:12] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[41:12] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[41:23] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[41:30] | His pulse is okay. | 脉搏正常 |
[41:31] | I don’t think it’s from the hypertension. | 应该不是高血压发作了 |
[41:34] | He’s taken a dose of Dr. Kirke’s medicine. | 他注射了一剂科克医生的药 |
[41:36] | These are unlabeled, but I’ll wager | 瓶上没有标签 但我打赌 |
[41:38] | they contained E-Zed-M. | 其中肯定含有易泽姆 |
[41:40] | That drug kills people, doesn’t it? | 那药不是会害死人吗 |
[41:41] | Dr. Kirke believes it also dilates time. | 科克医生相信它也能让时间膨胀 |
[41:45] | If Mr. Connaughton thought he was going to be arrested for murder, | 如果唐诺顿先生知道自己即将因谋杀被捕 |
[41:48] | why not extend his last few hours of freedom? | 为何不延长他最后几小时的自由时光 |
[41:51] | The most he’d have to lose is a few weeks of life. | 他失去的最多不过几周的生命 |
[41:53] | We need EMS down here. | 赶紧找医护人员过来 |
[42:02] | You think his brain is just tearing itself apart, | 你觉得他的大脑只是在高速运转 |
[42:04] | or is he just living in there? | 还是他活在自己的幻觉里 |
[42:07] | I don’t know. | 不好说 |
[42:10] | The best we can do is wait for him to come around and… | 我们只能等他醒来 然后… |
[42:13] | see how much of Jack Connaughton is left when he does. | 看杰克·康诺顿还记得多少 |
[42:21] | You know, I’ve been thinking. | 知道吗 我在想 |
[42:24] | If it helps to have me around, even for a little bit, | 如果我在身边对你有帮助 即使只有一点作用 |
[42:26] | I can come back for a while. | 我可以暂时搬回来 |
[42:29] | That’s very kind of you, Watson. | 你真好心 华生 |
[42:32] | But it’s a temporary malaise. | 但我只是暂时的萎靡不振 |
[42:33] | It’s nothing more. | 仅此而已 |
[42:37] | I will be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[42:43] | 如需其它字幕 请登陆新浪微博[WEB&BD版美剧字幕精编者] 或发邮件 lj20090303@163.com |