时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | You work for Sherlock. | 你是为夏洛克工作的 |
[00:10] | She’s not my partner. | 她不是我的搭档 |
[00:12] | She’s my protege. | 她是我的门徒 |
[00:13] | I realized it wasn’t you I was afraid of losing. | 我意识到我害怕的不是失去你 |
[00:15] | It was our relationship. | 而是我们之间的关系 |
[00:16] | The mechanics of it, the give and the take. | 这其中的奥秘 给予和接受 |
[00:20] | So I realized I could do it again. | 我意识到可以重来一次 |
[00:22] | Were you aware that her records in the U.K. | 你注意到她在英国的档案 |
[00:24] | only date back five years? | 只有最近五年的记录吗 |
[00:25] | Before then, Kitty Winter didn’t exist. | 在那之前 凯蒂·温特这个人根本不存在 |
[00:28] | You think that Kitty needs help | 你觉得凯蒂需要的帮助 |
[00:29] | above and beyond my mentorship? | 是我的教导提供不了的 |
[00:31] | You read the same file I did. She’s a rape victim. | 我看过的档案你也看了 她是强奸案受害者 |
[00:34] | The training I’m attempting to provide her is | 我现在给她提供的训练 |
[00:35] | the same training I provided to you. | 正如我曾经提供给你的 |
[00:37] | It is, in part, an attempt to channel | 在某种意思上 是想利用她 |
[00:38] | certain residual feelings that she has | 身为受害人的感受 |
[00:41] | into a productive skill. | 打造成有助于破案的技能 |
[00:42] | I want it… I want every bit | 我很想要 想要他 |
[00:43] | of what he’s offered me, of what he offered you. | 给我提供的一切 他曾给你提供的那些 |
[00:45] | But if I’ve learned one thing, it’s that he can’t pull it off. | 但是如果我学到了什么的话 就是他不会成功的 |
[00:49] | Not by himself, anyway. | 靠他自己反正成不了 |
[00:51] | What do you say, Watson? Will you help me? | 你觉得呢 华生 你愿意帮我吗 |
[00:58] | So, did he behave himself while I was gone? | 我不在的时候 他有乖吗 |
[01:02] | That depends. Are you talking about the frowny one | 看说谁了 是那个心防坚硬 |
[01:04] | with the hard shell, or do you mean Clyde? | 经常皱眉的那个 还是你在说克莱德 |
[01:07] | Take your pick. | 随便你挑 |
[01:08] | Sherlock’s good. | 夏洛克还不错 |
[01:09] | He had me pretty busy while you were in Denmark. | 你在丹麦期间 他让我忙得团团转 |
[01:16] | What’s up? | 谁 |
[01:17] | 去三十九街图书馆地图室 十万火急 到了联系馆长拉斐尔 | |
[01:17] | Master beckons. | 师父召唤 |
[01:19] | “Go” the number two “map room, 39th street library, posthaste. | 去”2″三十九街图书馆地图室 十万火急[2和到同音] |
[01:23] | Contact Rafael, curator, upon arrival.” | 到了联系馆长拉斐尔 |
[01:27] | I guess he needs a map posthaste. | 我猜他可能急用地图 |
[01:30] | It’s fine, it’s brilliant, actually. | 没事 其实挺好 |
[01:32] | He’s been giving me a lot more responsibility. | 他最近让我负责很多任务 |
[01:35] | The way I see it, the chores are my tuition. | 在我看来 我是做家务还学费 |
[01:41] | Look, if you want the benefit of my experience, | 如果你想听我的经验之谈 |
[01:43] | he knows you see it that way. | 那就是他知道你这么看待这些杂务 |
[01:45] | And he’ll take advantage if you let him, | 如果你放任他 他就会占你便宜 |
[01:47] | So, once in a while, it’s good to make him wait. | 所以 时不时地让他等等挺好的 |
[01:52] | I almost did last night. I had plans. | 我昨晚就差点让他等了 我本来有约的 |
[01:55] | I’ve gotten to know this group | 我在褐石屋旁边的咖啡店 |
[01:56] | at the coffee house near the Brownstone. | 认识了一群人 |
[01:58] | We were gonna go for drinks. | 我们本来要去喝酒的 |
[02:00] | I think it’s good that you’re making friends. | 能交朋友很好啊 |
[02:02] | Friends that are not Sherlock. | 非夏洛克的朋友 |
[02:06] | Well, he needed me, so I dropped out. | 但他需要我 所以我就临时退场了 |
[02:12] | “Know Kitty is with you. | 我知道凯蒂和你在一起 |
[02:13] | Please remind that her phone notifies sender | 请提醒她成功接收并阅读短信之后 |
[02:16] | when she has received and read a text.” | 她的手机会自动给发件人发送回执 |
[02:19] | “As does yours.” | 就像你的手机一样 |
[02:22] | Enjoy your day, Watson. | 祝你今天愉快 华生 |
[02:26] | So, I’m not here to pick up a map? | 所以 我来不是拿地图的吗 |
[02:28] | No, I was very clear with Mr. Holmes. There was a robbery. | 不 我清楚地告知福尔摩斯先生这里发生了劫案 |
[02:32] | I think it was one of the guards. | 我觉得是一名门卫作的案 |
[02:34] | A man by the name of Gerald Vogel. | 他叫杰拉德·沃格尔 |
[02:36] | He didn’t show up for his shift last night. | 他昨夜没来上夜班 |
[02:37] | I tried calling him, but he didn’t answer. | 我给他打了电话 但他没接 |
[02:39] | I checked his rounds from the night before last, | 我检查了他前夜值夜班时的路线 |
[02:41] | that’s when I noticed the maps were gone. | 然后发现地图被盗了 |
[02:44] | Were the drawers like this when you found them? | 你发现时抽屉就是这样的吗 |
[02:46] | No, I opened them. I’m still going through them, | 不 抽屉是我拉开的 我仍在检查当中 |
[02:48] | but so far these are the drawers the maps were taken from. | 但目前就是这些抽屉内的地图被盗了 |
[02:51] | Did you have surveillance? | 你们有监控摄像头吗 |
[02:52] | Disabled. | 被关掉了 |
[02:53] | More reason for you to suspect mr. Vogel. | 这加大了沃格尔先生的嫌疑 |
[02:58] | I hope you don’t mind me asking, | 如果你不介意的话 我想问一下 |
[03:00] | but, uh, why isn’t mr. Holmes here? | 为什么福尔摩斯先生没来呢 |
[03:02] | Miss Hudson specifically recommended him. | 哈德森女士特别推荐了他 |
[03:05] | He’s finishing up some other business. | 他在忙着给其他事情收尾 |
[03:07] | I hope she conveyed to you the importance of discretion. | 我希望她向你详述了小心行事的重要性 |
[03:10] | I mean, if it got out | 如果消息传出去 |
[03:11] | that we couldn’t keep our own collection safe, | 说我们连自己的藏品都保护不好 |
[03:14] | private benefactors would stop donating, | 私人捐助者就不会再给我们捐款了 |
[03:16] | a-and I know our insurer would have plenty to say. | 而我们的保险公司肯定要和我们纠缠不清了 |
[03:19] | Mr. Holmes and I are nothing if not discreet. | 福尔摩斯先生和我是以谨慎著称的 |
[03:21] | Good, because all we want | 很好 因为我们只是想 |
[03:23] | is to find Gerald and recover the maps. | 找到杰拉德 并寻回地图 |
[03:25] | Provided he cooperates, we won’t press charges. | 告诉他如果他合作 我们不会起诉他 |
[03:28] | You might be getting ahead of yourself. | 你想得未免也太多了 |
[03:29] | Your missing guard may be innocent. | 失踪的守卫也许是无辜的 |
[03:33] | These, um, scratches in the first few drawers, | 第一排的这些抽屉上有些划痕 |
[03:36] | it looks like someone’s tried to pick the locks. | 看上去像是有人试图撬开这些锁 |
[03:38] | But on this last drawer… | 但是在最后一个抽屉上 |
[03:41] | …no scratches. | 是没有划痕的 |
[03:42] | Suggesting that when he realized | 说明当他发现他的开锁技艺 |
[03:44] | that his skills weren’t up to snuff, | 并不精湛时 |
[03:45] | he went looking for someone who had keys. | 他就去找了一个有钥匙的人 |
[03:47] | I don’t think your guard is the thief, | 我不认为你的守卫是窃贼 |
[03:49] | I think he’s just the helper. | 我认为他只是个帮手 |
[03:51] | Wait, by “helper” do you mean “accomplice”? | 慢着 “帮手”意味着他是同谋 |
[03:53] | Or do you think someone forced Gerald to do it? | 还是有人强迫杰拉德这么做 |
[03:56] | There were other guards on duty | 他失踪当晚 |
[03:57] | the night he went missing, right? | 还有其他守卫当值 对吧 |
[03:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:01] | Look, if this turns out not to be an inside job, | 如果这件事不是内部人员监守自盗 |
[04:03] | I still hope you can resolve this quietly. | 我还是希望你能够私下解决这件事 |
[04:08] | Your concern for Mr. Vogel is quite touching. | 你对沃格尔先生的担忧之情真让人感动 |
[04:16] | Wait, you’re not calling the police, are you? | 慢着 你不是要报警吧 |
[04:18] | I’m calling Sherlock, you should call the police. | 我要给夏洛克打电话 而你应该报警 |
[05:03] | So, how did you know to look in here? | 你怎么知道要检查这里面 |
[05:06] | There were other guards making their rounds | 窃案发生当晚 |
[05:08] | the night of the robbery. | 还有其他守卫巡逻 |
[05:09] | Even though the thief disabled the cameras, | 尽管盗贼关掉了监视摄像头 |
[05:11] | walking Mr. Vogel out at gunpoint wasn’t an option, | 拿枪指着沃格尔先生走出去肯定行不通 |
[05:14] | So, whatever he did, he had to do it quickly and quietly, | 所以无论他要怎么做 他都得快而静 |
[05:17] | and in here. | 而且必须在室内解决 |
[05:19] | So, he strangled him. | 所以他掐死了他 |
[05:22] | Her first hidden corpse. | 她找到的第一具藏尸 |
[05:24] | You must be so proud. | 你肯定很骄傲 |
[05:26] | You jest, but indeed I am. | 你是在开玩笑 但其实我确实骄傲 |
[05:28] | Can’t put a price on that kind of training. | 这种训练是无价的 |
[05:30] | So, you said your friend referred you to this curator? | 所以你提到是你的朋友把你介绍给馆长的 |
[05:33] | At first, she thought it was a matter | 最初 她认为这件事 |
[05:35] | which could be handled internally, | 可以内部解决 |
[05:36] | but when it became more than that, | 但当发现事情有了新的发展 |
[05:37] | Kitty called me, I called watson. | 凯蒂通知了我 我通知了华生 |
[05:40] | And Rafael called you. | 而拉斐尔打给了你 |
[05:42] | I must say, I find it alarming | 不得不说 我觉得 |
[05:43] | that we were able to get here before you and your men. | 我们比你们到得更早很让人担忧 |
[05:46] | We were called simultaneously. | 我们是同时接到电话的 |
[05:48] | If you’d like, I could share my analysis | 如果你需要 我可以跟你分享 |
[05:49] | of midtown traffic patterns. | 我对市中心交通模式的分析 |
[05:51] | We’re good, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[05:52] | Anyway, gave me some time to make | 不过也正好给我时间 |
[05:54] | a few observations of my own. | 得到一些发现 |
[05:57] | I’ve come to the conclusion that much of this crime | 我的结论是这起犯罪的大部分 |
[05:58] | is smokescreen, | 都是烟幕 |
[06:00] | Unnecessary noise to cover the thief’s actual objective. | 是为了掩盖窃贼的真正目标 |
[06:04] | So, you don’t think he was here to steal maps. | 所以你觉得他不是来这里偷地图的 |
[06:06] | I think he was here to steal a map. | 我觉得他是来偷某一幅地图的 |
[06:09] | Or at least I’m raising that possibility. | 至少我觉得这种可能性很大 |
[06:12] | Before you got here, he pointed out | 在你们来之前 他指出 |
[06:14] | that most of these drawers were chosen because of convenience. | 大部分抽屉是因为方便而被选中的 |
[06:18] | These are the first drawers that one encounters | 这些是你走进通道之后最先遇到的抽屉 |
[06:19] | upon entering this aisle and are at an easy height to reach. | 而且高度也很合适 |
[06:23] | That drawer, however, is the very opposite of convenient. | 而那个抽屉 开起来一点也不方便 |
[06:26] | Only one map was removed. | 只有一幅地图被拿走了 |
[06:28] | I submit that it alone was the thief’s intended prize. | 我认为它才是窃贼的真正目的 |
[06:31] | Do we have an inventory of what’s missing? | 我们有失窃物品清单吗 |
[06:33] | Rafael! | 拉斐尔 |
[06:38] | We recently created a catalog | 我们最近刚做了一份 |
[06:39] | of high-res scans of our collection. | 藏品的高清扫描件目录 |
[06:42] | This is the map that’s gone missing from the far drawer. | 这是最那边的抽屉里不见的地图 |
[06:45] | “The county of King James, Virginia, 1794.” | 弗吉尼亚州詹姆斯国王郡 1794年 |
[06:49] | It’s the only known copy. | 这是已知的唯一一张 |
[06:51] | But it’s not actually the most valuable | 但它其实并不是丢失的地图里 |
[06:53] | of the maps that were taken. | 最值钱的 |
[06:54] | How much are we talking? | 它值多少钱 |
[06:55] | We haven’t appraised it in some time, | 我们有段时间没估价了 |
[06:57] | but I’d put it in the $200,000 range. | 但我觉得应该在二十万美元左右 |
[06:59] | But the map taken from that drawer there | 但那个抽屉里丢的地图 |
[07:00] | is worth twice that much. | 价值是它的两倍 |
[07:02] | But you think this one was the real target? | 你觉得这幅地图才是真正的目标 |
[07:06] | “On permanent loan from Hollis Bray, October 1951.” | 由霍利斯·布雷永久借出 1951年10月 |
[07:11] | That name is familiar to you? | 这名字你觉得熟吗 |
[07:12] | Yeah, I’ve seen his name on the walls of hospital wings. | 对 我曾在医院侧楼的墙上见过他的名字 |
[07:15] | Obviously, he’s passed away now. | 显然他已经去世了 |
[07:17] | But his family still runs an active charity. | 但他的家族还经营着一个慈善基金 |
[07:19] | If the map is on loan, it means the Bray family still owns it. | 如果地图是借来的 那说明它还属于布雷家 |
[07:22] | So perhaps one of them can tell us what’s so special about it. | 也许他家的人能告诉我们它有什么特别的 |
[07:25] | I don’t think anyone has thought | 我想这几十年来 |
[07:26] | about the things my granddad loaned the library in decades. | 都没人想起我祖父借给图书馆的东西了 |
[07:31] | And can’t imagine how anyone even knew the map was there. | 无法想象竟有人知道地图在那里 |
[07:35] | The library recently scanned its collection | 图书馆最近扫描了藏品 |
[07:36] | and made it available on the internet. | 并发布到了网上 |
[07:38] | So it’s possible whoever stole the map learned of its existence | 所以窃贼有可能是从网上 |
[07:40] | via their web site. | 得知了地图的存在 |
[07:42] | That’s it, isn’t it? | 就是这个 对吧 |
[07:45] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:46] | Uh, my family is originally from that part of Virginia. | 我的家族就是从弗吉尼亚州的那一块起源的 |
[07:49] | For someone who was just told $200,000 was stolen from them, | 对一个刚得知自己被偷了二十万的人来说 |
[07:52] | you don’t seem very concerned. | 你看起来并不是很在乎 |
[07:53] | I don’t think the number seems real. | 我觉得那个数字很不真实 |
[07:56] | I only just learned of this map’s existence | 在你们来之前我都不知道 |
[07:58] | when you walked in here. | 这幅地图的存在 |
[07:59] | So it’s unlikely you could tell us | 所以你也无法告诉我们 |
[08:00] | why the thief may have targeted that map? | 为什么窃贼会盯上那幅地图了 |
[08:03] | I’m sorry, but it’s obviously not a treasure map. | 抱歉 但那明显不是一幅藏宝图 |
[08:07] | It’s not like there was gold buried in King James county. | 詹姆斯国王郡又没有埋金子 |
[08:09] | If there was, my granddad would have dug it up | 如果有 我祖父肯定早就 |
[08:11] | a very long time ago. | 挖出来了 |
[08:13] | Perhaps your smokescreen theory is wrong. | 也许你的烟幕理论错了 |
[08:16] | Miss Bray, you have relationships | 布雷小姐 你跟城里的 |
[08:17] | with several other archives in the city. | 其他几家档案馆也有联系 |
[08:19] | To do your philanthropic work, yes? | 因为你的慈善事业 对吗 |
[08:21] | Uh, yeah, lots. Why? | 是的 很多 怎么了 |
[08:23] | Well, we first learned of this case | 我们一开始接到这个案子 |
[08:25] | because the library was too embarrassed to report the crime. | 是因为图书馆碍于颜面不想报警 |
[08:29] | The crime itself, meanwhile, displays | 与此同时 在一定程度上 |
[08:30] | a degree of, uh, discrimination, | 案件表明 |
[08:33] | on the part of the thief, a certain expertise. | 窃贼有一定的专业知识 |
[08:36] | So, you think he committed other thefts, | 你觉得他还偷过其它东西 |
[08:38] | but the victims didn’t come forward. | 但受害者没有报案 |
[08:40] | It’s possible such crimes may provide vital data | 这些案件也许可以提供 |
[08:42] | with which to catch him. | 抓捕他的重要线索 |
[08:44] | Now, a friendly face, such as yours, | 像你这样友善的面孔 |
[08:46] | together with an assurance from us | 再加上我们 |
[08:47] | that we will be as discreet as possible, | 会严格保密的保证 |
[08:49] | That might persuade other organizations to talk. | 也许能让其他组织提供线索 |
[08:52] | Of course, I’d be happy to help. | 当然 我很愿意帮忙 |
[09:11] | Kitty? | 凯蒂 |
[09:12] | I have some more of Clyde’s things. | 我拿来了一些克莱德的东西 |
[09:14] | Uh, some toys, treats, couple of cozies. | 玩具 零食还有几件毛线衫 |
[09:17] | Sherlock thought that he might be needing them. | 夏洛克觉得它可能需要这些 |
[09:19] | Oh, that was thoughtful, I guess. | 真是太贴心了 |
[09:21] | But I thought you were gonna try | 但我以为你今晚 |
[09:22] | and meet your friends again tonight. | 要去见你的朋友 |
[09:24] | I was, but you know how it is. Duty calls. | 没错 但你也知道 有任务在身 |
[09:28] | What does this have to do with detective work? | 这跟侦探工作有什么关系 |
[09:31] | It’s just one of tonight’s errands. | 这只是今晚的任务之一 |
[09:33] | He had some luck with that Bray woman. | 他在布雷小姐那边有收获了 |
[09:34] | She called some archives and the like, | 她给一些档案馆打了电话 |
[09:36] | got us some information on other thefts. | 为我们拿到一些其他窃贼的资料 |
[09:38] | So I’m just off to gather it up. | 我正准备去拿 |
[09:40] | What is Sherlock doing? | 夏洛克在做什么 |
[09:42] | When I left, he was waxing his singlestick. | 我走的时候 他在给他的单棍打蜡 |
[09:45] | Sorry, that’s not a euphemism. He was literally… | 那不是委婉的说法 他真的是在… |
[09:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:51] | There’ll be other nights for drinks. | 想喝酒哪天晚上都行 |
[09:52] | In the meantime, Sherlock’s data awaits. | 与此同时 夏洛克的线索在等我 |
[10:04] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你觉得你在做什么 |
[10:06] | I think I’m picking the lock again. | 我觉得我在撬锁 又一次 |
[10:08] | You keep doing this– you ask me to come over | 你一直这样 你让我来 |
[10:09] | and then you don’t answer the door when I ring. | 然后在我按门铃的时候又不开门 |
[10:11] | I mean– why are you picking the lock so noisily? | 我是说 你撬锁为什么弄那么大声 |
[10:14] | Why not just announce the position | 干脆直接告诉门后的枪手 |
[10:15] | of your cranium to an awaiting gunman. | 你头盖骨的位置好了 |
[10:18] | What is it you wanted to show me? | 你想给我看什么 |
[10:25] | Productive night? | 收获颇丰的一晚 |
[10:26] | Exceedingly. | 确实 |
[10:27] | If fortune is on our side, | 如果我们运气好 |
[10:28] | Captain Gregson and his finest should be apprehending | 这会儿格雷森警监和他的得力干将 |
[10:31] | our killer as we speak. | 应该已经抓到凶手了 |
[10:32] | Kitty will be apprising me presently. | 凯蒂会及时通知我 |
[10:34] | I take it all of this helped you find him? | 看来是这些帮你找到了他啊 |
[10:36] | “know your enemy as yourself,” Watson. | “知己知彼” 华生 |
[10:39] | As I suspected when I asked Margaret Bray for help, | 我找玛格丽特·布雷帮忙的时候就起疑了 |
[10:42] | our thief is both a specialist in his field | 咱们要找的小偷是他领域的专家 |
[10:44] | and a student of its past. | 同时以前也是这方面的学生 |
[10:47] | I identified three more archives, | 我找出了另外三份卷宗 |
[10:50] | which I believe were robbed by the same individual. | 我相信窃贼是同一个人 |
[10:52] | In the days leading up to each robbery, | 在每起案件发生前的几天 |
[10:54] | including the one at the 39th street library, | 包括39大街图书馆的那起 |
[10:56] | Someone signed into the guest log under the alias | 都有人在访客登记表上签了假名 |
[10:59] | Rene Duchez. | 雷内·杜彻 |
[11:01] | So, you think the thief was using it | 你认为小偷就是用这个名字 |
[11:02] | to case out the locations. | 出入案发地点的 |
[11:04] | Duchez was a french resistance member | 杜彻是个法国抵抗运动的成员 |
[11:06] | who stole the map of Germany’s Atlantic Wall, | 他偷了德国的大西洋壁垒的地图 |
[11:09] | their fortifications along the western coast of europe. | 那是他们在欧洲西海岸进行的防御工事 |
[11:11] | And this map was crucial to the allied invasion at normandy. | 这地图对盟军登录诺曼底至关重要 |
[11:14] | It’s kind of a strange specialty for a thief, huh? | 对一个小偷来说 这还真是项奇怪的专长啊 |
[11:17] | Maps. | 地图 |
[11:18] | Not at all. | 一点不奇怪 |
[11:19] | In fact, all of history can be viewed through the lens | 事实上 所有的历史都能通过 |
[11:21] | of who stole whose maps. | 偷地图的人呈现出来 |
[11:23] | Each discovery, every war, the rise and fall of empires, | 每项发现 每场战争 各个帝国的起起落落 |
[11:26] | all turned on cartographic espionage. | 归根结底都是地图间谍在起作用 |
[11:28] | It is this intrigue that creates their allure | 就是这些计谋成就了他们的吸引力 |
[11:30] | which fuels the collectors’ frenzy. | 为收藏家们的狂热又添了一把柴 |
[11:32] | Now, our thief fancies himself | 现在 咱们要找的窃贼幻想他自己 |
[11:34] | a follower in this grand tradition, | 是这个大传统的追随者 |
[11:36] | So it occurred to me– he’s either a collector himself | 于是我想到 要么他自己就是个收藏家 |
[11:38] | or he’s selling his wares to other enthusiasts. | 要么他就是在向其他狂热者出售自己的东西 |
[11:41] | Well, collectors don’t tend to get their hands dirty, | 收藏家通常可不想弄脏自己的手 |
[11:43] | So I’m guessing it’s a seller. | 我以我猜他是卖家 |
[11:44] | I began with the same assumption. | 我也是以这个假设为出发点的 |
[11:46] | He would need somewhere for his customers | 他肯定得找个地方 |
[11:47] | to receive their goods, wouldn’t he? | 方便客户取货 对吧 |
[11:49] | A front business, perhaps? | 没准儿是前端生意 |
[11:50] | We know he admires Rene Duchez, | 我们知道他崇拜雷内·杜彻 |
[11:52] | so I searched for aptly named enterprises, and… | 所以我搜索了类似名字的企业 发现 |
[11:57] | …voila. | 啦啦 |
[11:59] | A frame shop in Brooklyn called, “Atlantic Wall Decor.” | 布鲁克林的一家画框店 “大西洋壁垒装饰店” |
[12:02] | Now, that would not be compelling in and of itself. | 这些发现并不足以令人信服 |
[12:04] | But the owner of said shop, Stuart Zupko, | 但这家店的店主 斯图尔特·祖普克 |
[12:08] | was once a cartography student. | 曾是个制图学的学生 |
[12:09] | Got his first burglary conviction in 2007. | 曾于2007入室行窃被首次定罪 |
[12:11] | It seems he’s cultivated himself a niche. | 看来他给自己谋了个合适的生计啊 |
[12:19] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[12:20] | It’s Kitty. | 是凯蒂 |
[12:22] | The police have indeed found Mr. Zupko. | 警方确实找到了祖普克先生 |
[12:24] | Oh, that’s a good thing, isn’t it? | 这是好事啊 不是吗 |
[12:31] | The good news is it looks like Zupko was our guy. | 好消息是祖普克应该就是我们要找的窃贼 |
[12:35] | We found all the maps that were taken from the library. | 我们找到了图书馆失窃的那些地图 |
[12:38] | Including the Bray map. | 包括布雷地图 |
[12:40] | It was the only one that was laid out. | 这是唯一被展开的地图 |
[12:42] | Zupko must have been standing here. | 祖普克一定是站在这里 |
[12:44] | Obviously, he was examining the map when he was killed. | 很明显 他遇害时正在检查这幅地图 |
[12:46] | Or displaying it for a buyer. | 或是在向某位买家进行展示 |
[12:48] | That would make sense. | 有道理 |
[12:50] | There are no signs of a break-in. | 没有强行闯入的痕迹 |
[12:52] | But if Sherlock was right, | 可如果夏洛克是对的 |
[12:53] | If the robbery at the library really was | 如果图书馆的行窃案 |
[12:56] | all about the Bray map, and if that’s what this is about, | 真的只是为了布雷地图 |
[12:59] | then why would Zupko’s killer leave the map behind? | 那么杀害祖普克的人为什么没带走它 |
[13:06] | ‘Cause this is not the Bray map. | 因为这不是布雷地图 |
[13:09] | It’s a fake. | 这是赝品 |
[13:18] | Certainly looks real, doesn’t it? | 看起来挺像真的 对吧 |
[13:20] | It helps that the paper is the right age. | 纸张的年份无误 更增加了可信度 |
[13:22] | It’s about two and a quarter centuries, give or take. | 这纸张大概有两百四五十年的历史了 |
[13:25] | But you’re sure that it’s a fake. | 可你们确定这是赝品 |
[13:27] | Mr. Holmes could tell right away. | 福尔摩斯先生一眼就看出来了 |
[13:29] | Maps like that were engraved on copper plates, | 那类地图应该是先雕刻在铜板上的 |
[13:30] | and then they were printed onto paper using a press. | 然后再拓印到纸上 |
[13:33] | You can feel where the paper is slightly raised where the ink is | 着墨的地方应该能感觉到纸张有微微的凸起 |
[13:36] | ’cause that’s where the copper was carved away. | 因为铜板上对应的位置是镂空的 |
[13:38] | The thing is– someone washed off a different image | 问题是 有人在那纸上 |
[13:41] | from that paper and then used it to make their own forgery. | 洗掉了另一幅图 然后用它做赝品 |
[13:44] | Gonna have to take your word for it. | 必须得承认你的话 |
[13:47] | We had an expert run some tests. | 我们有一位专家做了一些测试 |
[13:49] | He determined that the ink was produced in the 1940s, | 发现墨水产于上世纪四十年代 |
[13:52] | A few years before your grandfather loaned the library the map. | 在你祖父把地图借给图书馆的几年前 |
[13:57] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[13:57] | Are you saying that he gave them a fake? | 你是说他给了他们一副赝品吗 |
[14:00] | That it-it was fake all along? | 这地图自始至终都是假的 |
[14:03] | It’s a possibility. | 有这个可能 |
[14:05] | Well, I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么好了 |
[14:07] | Obviously, he wouldn’t have given it to the library knowingly. | 他肯定不会明知是赝品还交给图书馆的 |
[14:13] | What-what would he have stood to gain? | 他能有什么好处 |
[14:15] | All right, just so we’re clear, miss Bray, | 我必须澄清 布雷女士 |
[14:16] | No one’s trying to embarrass you or your family. | 没人想令你或你的家人蒙羞 |
[14:18] | The reason we’re sharing this is– | 我们之所以告诉你这些 |
[14:20] | The last person to handle that map is dead. | 是因为最后经手这地图的人已经死了 |
[14:24] | There’s a theory of evidence that suggests | 有一种证据理论表明 |
[14:26] | That Stuart Zupko was hired to steal it. | 斯图尔特·祖普克是受雇去偷图的 |
[14:28] | And then when the buyer realized it was a fake, | 后来当买家发现是赝品 |
[14:30] | They killed him. | 就杀了他 |
[14:31] | If we’re right, the buyer may still be looking | 如果我们没猜错 买家现在可能 |
[14:34] | for the real map, which was last in your family’s possession. | 还在寻找真的地图 而它此前是你家的资产 |
[14:38] | Are you saying that I’m in danger? | 你是说我有危险吗 |
[14:40] | I’m saying you should keep your eyes open. | 我是说你应该多加留心 |
[14:42] | If you see anything out of the ordinary | 如果发现什么不寻常的事 |
[14:44] | or if anyone tries to contact you, | 或是有人试图联系你 |
[14:48] | you should call us. | 请联系我们 |
[14:54] | Was I quiet enough for you? | 这次我声音够小了吗 |
[14:56] | I picked the lock again. | 我又撬了一次锁 |
[14:58] | So you did. | 看来是的 |
[15:01] | You asked me to come here, so why do I get the feeling | 是你让我来的 为什么我觉得 |
[15:03] | that I’m interrupting? | 我打扰到你了 |
[15:05] | We can now say with reasonable certainty | 我们现在有理由确信 |
[15:07] | that Stuart Zupko killed the guard | 斯图尔特·祖普克杀了 |
[15:08] | at the 39th street library. | 三十九大街图书馆的警卫 |
[15:10] | If I am right that he was in turn killed | 如果我没猜错 他随后被 |
[15:12] | by one of his map-obsessed customers, | 他的一位痴迷地图的买家杀害 |
[15:13] | It behooves us to identify them, does it not? | 所以我们有必要查明他们的身份 对吧 |
[15:16] | Is she supposed to be a map collector? | 她看起来像是地图收藏家吗 |
[15:18] | I’ve spoken with some of the city’s more reputable auction houses, | 我联系了本市几家信誉良好的拍卖行 |
[15:20] | and I have discovered that the Bray map was originally | 我发现布雷地图原属于 |
[15:23] | one plate from an atlas entitled Smythe’s Virginia. | 一本叫《斯迈思之弗吉尼亚》的地图集 |
[15:28] | Edward Smythe, the early American surveyor | 作者是爱德华·斯迈思 早期绘制地图的 |
[15:30] | who drew the maps, is currently very much in vogue. | 美国勘测员 他的作品如今又盛行起来 |
[15:32] | Now, the process of dismantling atlases and | 目前 地图集被拆解开来 |
[15:34] | selling their individual maps | 以单张售卖 |
[15:36] | has long been common amongst collectors. | 对收藏家来说早已不是新闻 |
[15:38] | This, in turn, has created an even more lucrative market | 这反而为收集全套地图 |
[15:41] | for reassembling the books. | 创造了更利润丰厚的市场 |
[15:42] | Okay, so how much is a restored Smythe’s Virginia worth? | 完整的《斯迈思之维吉尼亚》价值多少钱 |
[15:46] | Far more than the sum of its parts. | 远超过所有单张地图的总价值 |
[15:48] | Several million, at least. | 起码要几百万美金 |
[15:51] | So, if someone were close to completing their copy… | 这么说 如果有人快要收集全了 |
[15:54] | Would explain why that person | 那就解释了这个人为何 |
[15:55] | only really cared about the Bray map. | 只对布雷地图感兴趣 |
[15:57] | Now, there is a collector named Austin Cornblatt. | 有一个叫奥斯丁·康布拉特的收藏家 |
[16:00] | He’s been trying to assemble a copy of the atlas. | 他一直在收集地图集的单页 |
[16:03] | He’s bid very aggressively for plates in several auctions. | 他在拍卖会上不吝重金拍下几张地图 |
[16:06] | He could be a viable suspect. | 他很有可能是嫌犯 |
[16:07] | If not, he might have some insights | 即使不是 那他也有可能 |
[16:08] | into others who’ve sought them out. | 向我们提供搜集地图之人的信息 |
[16:10] | Well, still doesn’t explain the, um… | 你还是没解释… |
[16:12] | Earlier this morning, | 今早 |
[16:13] | I initiated a dialogue with Mr. Cornblatt | 我主动联系了康布拉特先生 |
[16:15] | Under false pretenses. | 用的是假身份 |
[16:16] | You are currently speaking with Amber1776, | 你面前的鄙人正是安珀1776 |
[16:19] | An obsequious American history major | 美国历史的狂热爱好者 |
[16:21] | who’s been fawning over his collection. | 对他的收藏垂涎不已 |
[16:23] | I enjoy water sports and people who don’t suck. | 我喜欢水上运动和成功人士 |
[16:26] | You are a honey trap. | 好一招美人计 |
[16:28] | I’m a patriot. | 我是爱国人士 |
[16:29] | And over our last exchanges, | 我们上一次交谈时 |
[16:30] | I’ve deftly steered the conversation | 我巧妙地引导 |
[16:32] | towards him letting me see a copy of his atlas. | 他给我展示他的地图集收藏品 |
[16:34] | He shows me his Virginia… | 给我看他的维吉尼亚地图… |
[16:35] | I-I get it. | 懂了懂了 |
[16:36] | I had hoped to hear back from him | 你刚到的时候 |
[16:37] | by the time you arrived, but depending on | 我正期盼他的回音 |
[16:39] | whether he’s married, and whether or not | 但取决于他是否已婚 以及 |
[16:40] | Mrs. Cornblatt shares his computer, | 康布拉特太太是否和他共用一台电脑 |
[16:42] | might take some time. | 可能要等上一会 |
[16:44] | Where’s Kitty? | 凯蒂去哪儿了 |
[16:45] | Office supply run. I require staples. | 去补给办公室用品了 我要些订书器 |
[16:56] | Been running her a little ragged lately, haven’t you? | 最近你让她做的事太多了吧 |
[17:01] | Kitty. | 凯蒂 |
[17:03] | My instruction is not for the weakhearted, Watson. | 玻璃心的人是当不了我徒弟的 华生 |
[17:05] | You know this. | 你很清楚 |
[17:06] | Well, she’s trying to be a little more social lately, | 她最近正努力扩大自己的圈子 |
[17:08] | So you might want to ease up on her. | 所以你还是别让她干那么多活了 |
[17:10] | Get your own prodigy, Watson. | 找你自己的门徒去 华生 |
[17:11] | I’m just saying, I think it’s a good step for her. | 我只是觉得 能走出这一步对她大有裨益 |
[17:13] | So, if it means giving her a little more free time, | 所以如果能换来她更多自由时间 |
[17:15] | then I’m willing to pick up the slack. | 我愿意过来帮你 |
[17:18] | And I’m not gonna run out and get you staples or anything, | 跑出去给你买订书器这种事 我可不会做 |
[17:20] | but if you are working on a case, and you need a second | 但若是跟案件相关的事情 |
[17:22] | set of eyes and someone to talk to, then you can call me. | 需要其他见解或讨论案件 你可以找我 |
[17:25] | I couldn’t before? | 我以前不可以吗 |
[17:26] | Of course you could… | 当然可以… |
[17:28] | You asked me to be a part of her life, | 你让我走进她的生活 |
[17:31] | to help her learn… | 帮助她了解… |
[17:35] | It’s Cornblatt. | 是康布拉特 |
[17:37] | He regrets to report | 他很抱歉 |
[17:38] | that he no longer has the unfinished Smythe’s virginia. | 《斯迈思之弗吉尼亚》已经不在他手上了 |
[17:42] | Gave up that hobby and sold it to | 几个月前 他放弃了这项爱好 |
[17:43] | an anonymous buyer several months ago. | 转手卖给了一位匿名买家 |
[17:46] | Got a ridiculously high price for it, he wants Amber to know. | 他想让安珀知道卖了一大笔钱 |
[17:49] | Well, if we don’t know the name of the buyer, | 如果我们不知道买家的名字 |
[17:50] | then how is Amber gonna send him dirty pictures? | 安珀如何能将自己香艳的照片发给他呢 |
[17:54] | You underestimate her resolve. | 你小瞧了她的决心 |
[18:04] | Austin Cornblatt. | 奥斯丁·康布拉特 |
[18:06] | Detective Marcus Bell, NYPD. | 我是马库斯·贝尔警探 纽约警局 |
[18:10] | You had an online conversation earlier today | 你今早在网上和安珀1776 |
[18:12] | with someone named Amber1776? | 有过交谈对吗 |
[18:15] | Oh, god. | 我的天 |
[18:17] | Please don’t tell me she’s under 18. | 拜托 别告诉我她未成年 |
[18:20] | Amber is definitely not what she represented herself to be. | 安珀绝不是她自己描述的那样 |
[18:24] | My life is over. | 我的生活要完了 |
[18:26] | All right, Mr. Cornblatt, slow down. | 好了 康布拉特先生 先别慌 |
[18:29] | You’re not in any trouble. | 你没惹上什么麻烦 |
[18:30] | You didn’t do anything illegal. | 你没做违法的事情 |
[18:32] | You mentioned that you sold an atlas called Smythe’s virginia | 你说你向一位匿名买家出售了一册地图集 |
[18:34] | to an anonymous buyer. | 名叫《斯迈思之弗吉尼亚》 |
[18:37] | You’re kidding me. | 没开玩笑吧 |
[18:39] | She was actually interested in that? | 她真的对那个感兴趣 |
[18:42] | The department is trying to locate the buyer. | 警方正在努力查找买家 |
[18:44] | So, we’d like your permission to look | 我们想获得您的许可 |
[18:45] | at your bank transfer records, | 查看您的转账记录 |
[18:47] | shipping info, anything you might have | 货运信息 任何能帮助我们 |
[18:48] | that would help us identify who bought the atlas. | 查出买家身份的信息 |
[18:52] | And if I help you? | 如果我帮你们 |
[18:55] | No one ever finds out about Amber? | 安珀这事能不宣扬吗 |
[18:58] | All that stays between us. | 我会保守秘密 |
[19:02] | I can do better than bank records. | 我能提供比银行记录更有用的信息 |
[19:04] | I was contacted by a law firm. | 一家律师事务所联系的我 |
[19:06] | I’ll give you the name. | 我给你事务所的名字 |
[19:08] | They acted as intermediary for the sale. | 他们是本次出售的中介机构 |
[19:21] | Well, she apologizes again and swears again | 她再次道歉 而且再次发誓说 |
[19:25] | that she passed our message about the atlas on to her bosses. | 她把关于地图集的口信传达给了她的老板 |
[19:28] | Someone will be out to speak to us shortly. | 很快会有人出来跟我们接洽 |
[19:33] | There’s a helicopter landing on the roof. | 有架直升机在屋顶降落 |
[19:37] | Can’t hear that, can you? | 你听不到 是吧 |
[19:40] | Actually, I can. | 事实上 能听见 |
[19:41] | It’s a Sikorsky S-92, A 2010 model. | 西科斯基S-92直升机 2010年的机型 |
[19:45] | Mm, the rotor is pulling a little bit to the left. | 旋翼有点偏左 |
[19:47] | You mock what you do not understand. | 你嘲弄你不懂的事物 |
[19:49] | You have great hearing, I understand. | 你听力很好 我懂 |
[19:55] | So this lot from the coffee shop– | 她在咖啡店遇到的这群人 |
[19:56] | she’s mentioned them to you– Kitty. | 就是她跟你提起过的 凯蒂 |
[19:59] | She told you about them, too? | 她也跟你说了吗 |
[20:00] | In so many words. | 说过很多 |
[20:04] | Is there something wrong with them? | 他们有什么问题吗 |
[20:05] | There’s a young man among their number. | 他们中有一个男人 |
[20:09] | Okay, so she likes the guy. | 好吧 她喜欢这个男人 |
[20:11] | I might’ve caught a glimpse of a text message, | 有一次 我瞥到了一条短信 |
[20:12] | quite unintentionally, you understand? | 不小心瞥见的 你懂的 |
[20:14] | Oh, my god. | 我的天呐 |
[20:15] | You’ve been keeping her busy on purpose! | 你是故意让她无暇他顾的 |
[20:16] | Miss Watson? | 华生小姐 |
[20:17] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[20:19] | Sharon Tavener. | 我是莎伦·塔夫纳 |
[20:20] | I’m one of the partners. | 公司合伙人之一 |
[20:21] | Sorry to keep you waiting so long. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[20:23] | You had us at a disadvantage. | 你们之前让我们很被动 |
[20:25] | Now we’re all caught up. | 现在我们平手了 |
[20:27] | Please, follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[20:35] | Sherlock Holmes, Joan watson? | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 乔恩·华生 |
[20:37] | William Hull. | 这位是威廉·赫尔 |
[20:40] | The name is familiar, I take it? | 你们应该很熟悉我的名字吧 |
[20:43] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[20:44] | William Hull, real estate magnate. | 威廉·赫尔 地产大亨 |
[20:46] | A man whose eponymous monstrosities | 其名下的多栋怪异建筑 |
[20:48] | have been scouring the Manhattan skyline for decades. | 几十年来一直占据着曼哈顿的天际线 |
[20:50] | I was given a brief on you. | 我之前听了关于你的简介 |
[20:53] | You don’t disappoint. | 你从不令人失望 |
[20:54] | Please. | 请坐 |
[20:57] | So, that was your helicopter landing on the roof? | 刚才是你的直升机在楼顶降落 |
[21:00] | We weren’t just waiting | 我们之前并非只是 |
[21:01] | for your lawyers to figure out who we were. | 等你的律师们弄清楚我们的身份 |
[21:02] | You wanted to be here in person. | 你希望亲自到场 |
[21:04] | You two have quite a reputation. | 你们二位名声在外 |
[21:07] | I thought you deserved a face-to-face. | 我觉得值得亲自见一面 |
[21:09] | Obviously you were the anonymous buyer | 显然你就是那个向奥斯丁·康布拉特 |
[21:12] | of Austin Cornblatt’s atlas. | 购买地图集的匿名买家 |
[21:14] | I brought it with me because you told the receptionist | 我把它带来了 因为你们告诉前台 |
[21:16] | you were interested in it. You want it? | 你们对它很感兴趣 想要吗 |
[21:19] | Take it. It’s yours. | 拿走吧 是你们的了 |
[21:21] | Actually we’re more interested in the map it once contained. | 其实我们对里面缺的那幅地图更感兴趣 |
[21:23] | The one that the Bray family gave to that library, right? | 是布雷家族给博物馆的那幅 对吗 |
[21:26] | You’re aware of it? | 你知道这件事 |
[21:27] | I watch the news. | 我看了新闻 |
[21:29] | I know that the one that turned up is a fake. | 我知道发现的那幅地图是赝品 |
[21:31] | I’m interested in the original, same as you. | 和你们一样 我也想得到原版地图 |
[21:34] | Hearing that the Brays owned a copy is the closest | 得知布雷家有一张 |
[21:36] | I’ve come to finding one. | 是我能找到的唯一线索了 |
[21:38] | Which is the other reason I’m here. | 这也是我来的另一个原因 |
[21:40] | I’d like to hire you to find it for me. | 我希望能雇你们替我找到它 |
[21:44] | Mr. Hull, are you familiar with a man | 赫尔先生 你熟悉 |
[21:47] | by the name of Stuart Zupko? | 斯图尔特·祖普克这个名字吗 |
[21:49] | The thief. The dead one. | 那个已经死了的小偷 |
[21:51] | You’re wondering if I made him the same offer? | 你们想知道我是否也对他提过同样的提议 |
[21:53] | I didn’t. Never even heard of him before yesterday. | 我没有 直到昨天我才听说这个名字 |
[21:57] | You have my word. | 我向你们保证 |
[21:59] | Oh, well, now that we have your word. | 你都愿意向我们保证了 |
[22:02] | I have information that I think | 我觉得我掌握的信息 |
[22:03] | might help you with your case. | 会对你们的案件有帮助 |
[22:05] | Information about a certain third party. | 关于相关第三方的信息 |
[22:08] | A third party with their own designs on the map. | 对地图有特殊企图的第三方 |
[22:11] | And the reason you have until now | 你为什么不尽你的公民义务 |
[22:12] | ignored your civic duty and kept this information to yourself? | 而选择隐瞒了这些信息呢 |
[22:15] | Is that I can’t be sure that they’re behind all this. | 因为我不知道这一切是否是他们策划的 |
[22:18] | I could be exposing myself to a lawsuit. | 我可能会面临起诉 |
[22:23] | Come on, think about it. | 你们想想 |
[22:24] | If I had anything to do with the crimes, | 要是我真和这些犯罪有关 |
[22:26] | would I be so stupid as to identify myself to you? | 我会傻到向你们表明身份吗 |
[22:28] | I could have just told my attorneys | 我完全可以让我的律师 |
[22:29] | to send you on your way. | 直接请你们离开 |
[22:31] | So, come on, work for me. | 接下这份工作吧 |
[22:33] | If I’m right about the other party, | 关于相关第三方的事 如果我是对的 |
[22:35] | you won’t just be making an obscene amount of money. | 你们不仅会大赚一笔 |
[22:38] | You’ll be bringing a criminal to justice. | 还能把罪犯绳之于法 |
[22:40] | Isn’t that what really matters? | 这不正是最重要的吗 |
[22:50] | That was abrupt. | 走得这么突然 |
[22:51] | But satisfying, no? | 但是很有收获 不是吗 |
[22:53] | Well, should we call Captain Gregson? | 我们要联系格雷森警监吗 |
[22:55] | So that Hull and his cronies can deny | 好让赫尔先生和他的党羽 |
[22:56] | this meeting ever took place? What’s the point? | 否认有过这次会面吗 有何用呢 |
[22:58] | Well, he said it himself. | 他自己也说了 |
[22:59] | He might know who hired Zupko. | 他可能知道是谁雇了祖普克 |
[23:00] | Bollocks. If he did, he would’ve | 胡扯 要是他知道 |
[23:02] | passed that information to the police the same way | 他肯定会匿名向警方举报的 |
[23:03] | he bought that atlas. Anonymously. | 就像他买地图集时那样 |
[23:06] | No. The real purpose of this meeting | 这次会面的真实目的 |
[23:07] | was to buy our allegiance. | 就是收买我们 |
[23:09] | He knows that we seek the Bray map. | 他知道我们在找布雷地图 |
[23:10] | And in the event we find it, he wants to ensure we pass it | 他希望我们找到地图之后只交给他 |
[23:12] | to no one but him. | 而不是其他人 |
[23:14] | If the whole point | 如果找到那幅地图 |
[23:14] | of acquiring the map is to complete the atlas, | 只是为了集齐地图集的话 |
[23:16] | then why did he just offer to give us his copy? | 那他为什么要向给我们他的藏品呢 |
[23:18] | Because completing the atlas is not the point. | 因为收集齐地图集并不是最终目的 |
[23:23] | He obviously couldn’t care less | 他显然并不在意 |
[23:24] | about its value as a collectable. | 其收藏价值 |
[23:26] | And if it’s irrelevant to him, | 如果他的目的不是收藏 |
[23:28] | I predict it’s equally irrelevant | 那我猜他提到的第三方的目的 |
[23:29] | to the third party he mentioned. | 也不是收藏 |
[23:31] | Then why would any of them want it? | 那为什么他们都想要得到它呢 |
[23:32] | The Bray map is old. | 布雷地图年代久远 |
[23:33] | And for being old, it is valuable. | 年代久远意味着其本身的珍贵 |
[23:35] | But that is not the point of it. | 但这并非重点 |
[23:37] | Think– what is a map but a record? | 想想 除了记录以外地图还有什么价值 |
[23:40] | It-it’s a piece of parchment splashed with information. | 它还是隐藏着信息的文稿 |
[23:44] | So, it’s not the physical map they’re after. | 所以他们要找的并不是地图本身 |
[23:46] | It’s the information. | 而是其中的信息 |
[23:59] | I see rivers… | 上面有河流 |
[24:02] | and hills, some towns. | 山丘 还有几个小镇 |
[24:05] | I suppose it qualifies as information, | 也许这的确算一些信息 |
[24:06] | but is it important in 2014? | 但在2014年这有什么用呢 |
[24:08] | That is the question, is it not? | 这就是问题所在 不是吗 |
[24:10] | Unfortunately, this isn’t even the map that’s important. | 不幸的是 这还不是那幅关键地图的原版 |
[24:13] | It’s a scan of the one the library had. | 只是失窃地图的扫描图 |
[24:15] | Which we know is a forgery. | 而我们已经知道那是赝品了 |
[24:17] | We thought that Stuart Zupko was killed | 我们以为斯图尔特·祖普克被杀 |
[24:20] | because he had procured a map of no collectable value. | 是因为他偷取的地图并没有收藏价值 |
[24:23] | I now believe that he died because the map had no | 我现在相信他被杀是因为这幅地图上 |
[24:25] | informational value. | 缺失了一些重要信息 |
[24:27] | But it’s a copy. | 但这是复制品 |
[24:28] | Shouldn’t all the information be the same? | 难道不应该包含同样的信息吗 |
[24:29] | It should. | 应该是 |
[24:30] | “Should” being the key word. | “应该”是关键词 |
[24:33] | Now, I believe that the original Bray map, | 我认为原版的布雷地图 |
[24:35] | wherever it now resides, | 无论其现在位于何方 |
[24:37] | includes data which the forgery does not, | 包含着赝品所无法呈现的信息 |
[24:39] | data worth killing for. | 值得杀人的信息 |
[24:42] | Which means we need to find out | 也就是说我们得找出 |
[24:43] | what the forgery is missing. | 赝品缺了些什么 |
[24:45] | Well, how? Like you said, | 怎么找 就像你说的 |
[24:46] | the original’s nowhere to be found. | 原版已经找不到了 |
[24:47] | There’s no way of comparing the two. | 根本没办法进行对比 |
[24:49] | Only partially true. | 不全对 |
[24:56] | Miss Bray was kind enough to give us these photographs. | 布雷小姐很慷慨地给了我们这些照片 |
[24:59] | They all include images of the map. | 里边都有这幅地图 |
[25:01] | And they were all taken before 1940. | 并且都是在1940年之前照的 |
[25:03] | The expert who analyzed the forgery | 鉴定出那副赝品的专家 |
[25:04] | said it was made using ink from the 1940s. | 说那是用一九四几年的墨水画的 |
[25:06] | So, if we look at photographs from the ’20s and ’30s… | 所以如果我们对照二十和三十年代的照片… |
[25:09] | We can assume we’re looking at the original. | 我们很可能就是在看原版 |
[25:11] | None of them feature the map… | 这里边的地图都太小了 |
[25:15] | But with proper scrutiny, | 但如果通过细致的观察 |
[25:17] | the discrepancies might present themselves. | 差异就会自己显露出来 |
[25:23] | Do you need to take that? | 你不去接吗 |
[25:24] | No, I don’t believe she does. | 不 我觉得她不需要 |
[25:25] | How would you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[25:26] | Because we got a lot of work to do and very little time to do it. | 因为我们有很多工作要做并且时间紧迫 |
[25:28] | I’m here. I can help. | 我在这 我可以帮忙 |
[25:29] | And help you shall. | 那就帮忙吧 |
[25:31] | What if my phone rings? | 如果我电话响了呢 |
[25:32] | Do I need your permission to answer it? | 我需要你的批准来接电话吗 |
[25:33] | You are not my protege. | 你不是我门徒 |
[25:39] | I’d like to go to the loo. | 我想去趟厕所 |
[25:40] | Unless either of you have any objections. | 你俩不反对吧 |
[25:47] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这样 |
[25:48] | I can’t do what? | 我不能哪样 |
[25:49] | You can’t police her like that. | 你不能管得这么严 |
[25:50] | You can’t tell her who she can and can’t talk to. | 你不能干涉她交什么朋友 |
[25:52] | I’m training her. | 我在训练她 |
[25:53] | To be what– a shut-in? | 训练成宅女吗 |
[25:54] | I know how you feel about romantic entanglements. | 我知道你对感情纠葛的想法 |
[25:56] | You think love is stupid. Fine. | 你认为爱情很愚蠢 没问题 |
[25:58] | Whatever. But if that is the guy that she likes… | 无所谓 但如果她真的喜欢那男的… |
[26:00] | Then he’ll call again! | 那他会继续打过来 |
[26:01] | And again and again! | 一次又一次 |
[26:04] | This is exactly the same kind of crap you used to pull with me. | 你当初就是这么对我的 |
[26:06] | I needed my space and so does she! | 我需要自己的空间 她也需要 |
[26:08] | Because you are the same. | 因为你俩完全是一回事 |
[26:10] | Your situations are identical. | 你俩的状况完全相同 |
[26:11] | Yes! You were a virtual hermit | 没错 我在伦敦找到你的时候 |
[26:13] | when I found you in London. | 你就是个隐士 |
[26:14] | You could barely look me in the eye because I was a man, | 你几乎不能直视我这个男人的眼睛 |
[26:16] | and a man had hurt you so horrifically, yes! | 因为正是男人伤你最深 没错 |
[26:19] | You told me on more than one occasion | 你不止一次地告诉我 |
[26:20] | that you thought of doing yourself harm. | 你想要伤害你自己 |
[26:21] | Yes, yes, I see it now. | 对对 我明白了 |
[26:23] | You and her are virtually indistinguishable. | 你们俩几乎就是同一个人 |
[26:25] | Thank for helping me see that. Thank you. | 谢谢你帮我看清事实 谢谢 |
[26:27] | Y-You’re assuming that I’m interfering for selfish reasons. | 你以为我是因为自私才干涉她 |
[26:31] | But I’m just merely trying to… | 但我只不过是想… |
[26:32] | To protect her. | 保护她 |
[26:36] | She’s come a long way, Watson. | 她通过努力才有今天 华生 |
[26:38] | She’s come a very long way. | 这一切来之不易 |
[26:39] | And most of that progress is testament to her great strength. | 其中大部分是靠她自己的能力 |
[26:42] | Yes. But I dare say that I had a hand. | 没错 但我敢说我也有贡献 |
[26:44] | So, if some dalliance was to go wrong, | 所以如果这些调情出了乱子 |
[26:46] | and if it was to hurt her in some way… | 如果她再次被伤害了 |
[26:47] | It would hurt you, too. | 你也会感到伤害 |
[26:48] | I understand why you’re afraid, | 我明白你为什么害怕 |
[26:50] | but this is progress, too. | 但这也是进展 |
[26:51] | You get that, right? | 你明白的 对吧 |
[26:58] | So, I’ll make copies of the Bray map and the photographs. | 所以 我会把布雷地图和照片复印一下 |
[27:01] | The work might go faster if we work independently. | 我们分开工作效率也许会更快 |
[27:14] | So, last night we asked ourselves, | 所以 昨晚我们问自己 |
[27:16] | “How does the real Bray map differ from the forgery?” | 真的布雷地图与赝品有何不同 |
[27:18] | Obviously the answer is | 显然答案是 |
[27:20] | to shine a bright light in my face. | 用强光照我的脸 |
[27:22] | I’ve spent several hours comparing images of the forgery | 我花了数个小时将赝品与 |
[27:26] | to those photographs supplied by Margaret Bray. | 玛格丽特·布雷提供的照片进行对比 |
[27:28] | And as far as I can tell, | 据我的观察 |
[27:29] | original and forgery are identical. | 原版与赝品一模一样 |
[27:32] | Then your theory was wrong. | 那你的理论就是错的 |
[27:33] | The information on the original | 不是原版上边的信息 |
[27:34] | isn’t what makes it so valuable. | 让它更有价值 |
[27:36] | My theory was right. | 我的理论没错 |
[27:37] | The question was wrong. We should’ve asked ourselves, | 是问题错了 我们应该自问 |
[27:40] | “How does the Bray map differ from reality?” | 布雷地图与现实有何不同 |
[27:45] | This is a modern-day depiction of the land in the Bray map. | 这是一张布雷地图里那块地的现代描绘 |
[27:48] | That is the Bray map. | 那是张布雷地图 |
[27:53] | It all lines up pretty perfectly. | 匹配得挺完美的 |
[27:55] | Edward Smythe was a fine mapmaker. | 爱德华 ·斯迈思是位优秀的制图师 |
[27:57] | Collectors are right to covet his work. | 收藏他的作品是正确的选择 |
[27:59] | But you’re wrong– it doesn’t line up perfectly. | 但你说的不对 并非完美匹配 |
[28:02] | Note this one small section of the Spotswood River, | 注意看斯波茨伍德河这一小片区域 |
[28:06] | where at some point over the last 220 years, | 在过去的220年中 |
[28:08] | the river has shifted its course. | 河道移动了 |
[28:10] | And why is that important? | 这很重要吗 |
[28:12] | Because an Indian casino is | 因为那里正筹备建造 |
[28:13] | currently slated for construction | 一座印第安赌场 |
[28:15] | right there. | 就在这里 |
[28:17] | Now… | 好了 |
[28:17] | it will be the first in the state | 如果真的建成了的话 |
[28:19] | if, indeed, it is completed. | 这将是国内第一家 |
[28:21] | The regulatory hurdles that such a proposal | 这项建筑需要清理的障碍 |
[28:23] | needs to clear are Byzantine to say the least. | 简直如拜占庭般复杂 |
[28:25] | And what we are looking at here… | 而我们现在看到的 |
[28:27] | may be the project’s death blow. | 可能是这项计划的死穴 |
[28:29] | The treaty which established this reservation | 那份条约表明这片土地 |
[28:32] | defines the easternmost border as the Spotswood River | 只到斯波茨伍德河的最东部 |
[28:35] | and cites this very map as its source. | 而且引用的正是这张地图 |
[28:40] | So, back then, the river veered more to the west. | 所以在当时 河道更靠西一些 |
[28:43] | Which means the proposed site of the casino | 也就是说 那座赌场的建造地 |
[28:46] | is not on the reservation at all. | 完全不属于居留地内 |
[28:47] | They can’t build there. | 他们不能在那建造 |
[28:49] | Due to topographical concerns, | 因为地形的原因 |
[28:50] | no other site on the reservation will do. | 居留地内其他土地都不适合建造 |
[28:54] | And so, the reason to hunt for the real Bray map | 所以 找到原版布雷地图的原因 |
[28:57] | becomes clear. | 已经显而易见 |
[28:58] | It, unlike a forgery, would be admissible in court. | 不像赝品 原版可以呈上法庭 |
[29:01] | And would in all likelihood, | 并且非常可能 |
[29:02] | spell the end of a billion-dollar endeavor. | 终结这数十亿美元的生意 |
[29:06] | Okay, so what does all of this | 好吧 那这一切 |
[29:07] | have to do with William Hull? | 和威廉·赫尔有什么关系 |
[29:09] | Well, aside from his real estate in New York, | 除了他在纽约的房产 |
[29:11] | he owns several casinos in Atlantic City. | 他在大西洋城还有几个赌场 |
[29:13] | A casino in Virginia would take business away from him. | 弗吉尼亚州的赌场会抢走他的生意 |
[29:16] | So, you think Hull’s the killer? | 所以你认为赫尔是凶手 |
[29:18] | I’m almost certain that he is not. | 我基本可以肯定他不是凶手 |
[29:21] | He has no motive to steal the Bray map. | 他没有偷布雷地图的动机 |
[29:23] | If he’d known it was in the 39th Street Library, | 如果他知道东西藏在三十九街图书馆 |
[29:25] | his lawyers could’ve just subpoenaed it. | 他的律师可以直接要求传召这证据 |
[29:29] | Then who? | 那凶手会是谁 |
[29:35] | You the folks who were asking to see me? | 就是你们要见我 |
[29:37] | Leon Moody, General Manager. | 里昂·穆迪 公司总经理 |
[29:38] | Sherlock Holmes. My colleagues and I | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 我和我的同事们 |
[29:40] | are consultants with the NYPD. | 是纽约警局的顾问 |
[29:42] | A little far upstate, aren’t you? | 离我们这有点远啊 是吧 |
[29:44] | Once two murders have been committed, | 如果某地发生了两起谋杀案 |
[29:45] | we go where the case takes us. | 不管多远我们都要跟着案子走 |
[29:48] | You’re not just the general manager here. | 你不仅是这里的总经理吧 |
[29:49] | You’re also chairman of the Algonquian | 你同时也是阿尔冈昆 |
[29:50] | Gaming Commission, right? | 博彩委员会的委员长 对吧 |
[29:52] | The same commission which is funding | 就是这个委员会 |
[29:53] | the Powhatan tribe’s efforts to build a casino in Virginia. | 在资助波瓦坦族在弗吉尼亚建赌场 |
[29:56] | Two men were murdered this week | 这周有两人被杀 |
[29:57] | because someone tried to steal a map from a library | 因为他们试图从图书馆偷走一份地图 |
[30:00] | that could derail that project. | 而该地图会扰乱赌场建设项目 |
[30:02] | Now, if you help us identify the perpetrators, you have our word | 如果你现在帮助我们指认凶手 |
[30:04] | no one will know the information came from you. | 我们保证会为信息来源保密 |
[30:07] | You folks got a long drive back to the city. | 你们得开很久才能回到城里 |
[30:09] | You ought to get going. | 是时候上路了 |
[30:11] | What if I ask a question first? | 我先问你一个问题如何 |
[30:13] | I came here before my associates | 我比我的同事早到了一会儿 |
[30:15] | and whilst I was walking past your blackjack tables, | 刚刚经过二十一点赌桌的时候 |
[30:17] | I couldn’t help taking these videos. | 我忍不住拍下了这些视频 |
[30:20] | You gotta delete those. | 你必须把这些删掉 |
[30:21] | It’s all in the cloud now. | 我已经上传云端了 |
[30:23] | I noticed how rarely face cards were coming up. | 我注意到人头牌极少出现 |
[30:26] | They make up almost a quarter of the deck, | 人头牌占据一副扑克的四分之一 |
[30:28] | but in my videos, | 然而在我的视频中 |
[30:28] | I don’t see them nearly that often. | 它们却并未频繁地出现 |
[30:30] | Got me thinking. What if the casino, | 这让我很好奇 会不会是赌场 |
[30:32] | say, pulled a few kings and queens | 从他们使用的六副扑克中 |
[30:34] | from each of those six decks you use? | 擅自抽出了几张K和Q呢 |
[30:36] | The house wouldn’t have to pay out | 这样 赌场就不用 |
[30:37] | for blackjack nearly as often. | 为常常出现的二十一点付钱了 |
[30:39] | It’s only a small sample, but we have colleagues | 这只是个小例子 不过我们在联调局的同事 |
[30:41] | at the FBI who would be more than willing to take a look, | 肯定会很有兴趣来看看的 |
[30:43] | and if they were to shut you down for just one day… | 如果他们让你关门 哪怕就一天 |
[30:46] | how much might you lose? | 你会损失多少钱 |
[30:48] | We’re just asking for a name. | 我们只是想要一个名字 |
[30:52] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[31:02] | Is that… | 这是 |
[31:02] | The original? | 原版吗 |
[31:04] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[31:07] | As you’re probably aware, | 你可能知道 |
[31:08] | this is the second such forgery we’ve seen in as many days. | 这是几天来我们见到的第二份赝品了 |
[31:11] | It’s not quite as good as the other one, but still… | 不如第一个那么逼真 不过还是 |
[31:14] | Why are you showing this to us? | 你为什么给我们看这个 |
[31:17] | My, um… | 我的 |
[31:18] | associates and I only realized the King James County map | 助手和我 在几周前才意识到 |
[31:21] | was at that library a few weeks ago. | 詹姆斯国王郡地图在那个图书馆里 |
[31:24] | We thought it was real. | 我们以为那份是真品 |
[31:25] | We knew it could be used against us, | 我们知道它可能会对我们不利 |
[31:26] | so we arranged to have this one made. | 所以就伪造了这份 |
[31:28] | We were going to pay someone at the library | 我们打算买通图书馆工作人员 |
[31:30] | to switch ours out with theirs. | 用假图换走真图 |
[31:32] | No one was going to get hurt. | 没人会受到伤害 |
[31:34] | So if anyone subpoenaed the map– | 所以如果有人传这份地图到庭 |
[31:36] | William Hull’s attorneys, | 比如威廉·赫尔的律师 |
[31:37] | for example– your interests would be protected. | 你的利益也将得到保护 |
[31:40] | Someone would discover the map was a fake | 有人会发现地图是伪造的 |
[31:42] | and then plans for the casino would keep moving forward. | 这样建设赌场的计划就能继续进行 |
[31:45] | You can imagine our surprise when we saw the news this week. | 你可以想像我们这周看到新闻有多么惊讶 |
[31:48] | Someone else had stolen the map, | 有其他人偷走了地图 |
[31:49] | a guard had been killed. | 图书馆保安被杀害 |
[31:50] | Then the map turns up, only the police say | 之后地图意外出现 但警方说 |
[31:52] | it was a fake all along. | 地图从始至终都是假的 |
[31:53] | We realized we’d gotten ourselves all worked up | 我们才发觉自己费了这么大劲 |
[31:56] | over absolutely nothing. | 却都做了无用功 |
[31:58] | Uh… you’re more than welcome to take it. | 你们可以随意把地图拿走 |
[32:00] | We never did anything illegal with it. | 我们没有用它做任何不法的事 |
[32:02] | Now, I know you were hoping for a name, | 我知道你们想得到一个名字 |
[32:04] | but can I at least assume | 那我能假设 |
[32:06] | that you’ll delete all of those videos? | 你会删除所有这些视频吗 |
[32:09] | Our colleagues at the FBI | 我们联调局的同事 |
[32:10] | will hear nothing of your questionable gaming practices. | 不会听到任何值得怀疑的赌博活动 |
[32:14] | Obviously, I hope the real map never turns up. | 很明显 我希望真地图永远不会出现 |
[32:16] | We have a lot riding on the casino in Virginia. | 弗吉尼亚的赌场对我们来说很重要 |
[32:19] | But two murders? | 但发生了两起谋杀案 |
[32:22] | I only wish I could be of more help. | 我真希望能为你们提供更多帮助 |
[32:24] | Actually, you’ve been more helpful than you realize. | 其实你已经提供了超乎你想象的帮助 |
[32:28] | I think I know who killed Stuart Zupko. | 我应该知道是谁杀害斯图尔特·祖普克了 |
[32:38] | Kitty, right? | 是凯蒂吧 |
[32:41] | You remember Captain Gregson? | 还记得格雷森警监吗 |
[32:43] | Mr. Holmes said on the phone that you’ve uncovered | 福尔摩斯先生在电话中说 |
[32:44] | another forgery of my family’s map. | 你发现了我家族地图的另一份赝品 |
[32:47] | We’ll show you. | 我们会拿给你看的 |
[32:54] | Miss Bray. | 布雷女士 |
[33:02] | It certainly looks authentic. | 看起来很像真的 |
[33:03] | It is, in fact, a rather crude reproduction. | 实际上 这是个相当粗糙的复制品 |
[33:06] | Forger never had access to the original. | 伪造者根本没有看到过原版地图 |
[33:08] | He did his best using the high-resolution scans | 赝品是他用39街图书馆在官网上放的 |
[33:10] | the 39th Street Library made available on their Web site. | 高分辨率扫描版伪造的 |
[33:14] | And where did this one come from? | 那这份是哪来的 |
[33:16] | It was commissioned by a group | 受一个正在建造赌场的公司 |
[33:16] | which is trying to build a casino. | 委托而制造的 |
[33:19] | They were worried that the original would | 他们担心原版地图 |
[33:21] | kill their project, so they planned to discredit it | 会导致赌场项目停工 所以打算以假换真 |
[33:24] | by replacing it with this one. | 让地图在法庭上失效 |
[33:26] | Would you like to know where the casino is going to go? | 你想知道赌场会建在哪里吗 |
[33:31] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[33:32] | Your family still owns land just outside the reservation, | 你的家族仍然拥有预定地区外围的土地 |
[33:35] | land that would be worth hundreds of millions of dollars, | 这些地的价值高达数百万美元 |
[33:38] | but only if the casino went forward. | 但必须是在赌场能继续建设的前提下 |
[33:41] | There would be hotels, restaurants… | 赌场将带动各项发展 旅馆 餐厅 |
[33:42] | Pawnshops, the odd money lender… | 当铺 零钱放款等等 |
[33:44] | Now, you knew about your grandfather’s map | 你知道你祖父地图的存在 |
[33:46] | and the trouble it would cause once people noticed it. | 也清楚一旦有人注意到地图将会引发的问题 |
[33:48] | People like, say, William Hull. | 比如威廉·赫尔这样的人 |
[33:53] | This all started when the library put a scan of the map online. | 这都是从图书馆将地图的影印版传上网开始的 |
[33:56] | You couldn’t just steal it and make it disappear. | 你不能直接偷走并让它消失 |
[33:58] | You had to throw the history of the original into question. | 你只能用原版的历史来做文章 |
[34:01] | So you commissioned this forgery. | 于是你伪造了这张地图 |
[34:08] | This is the map we found | 这是我们在 |
[34:10] | at the scene of Stuart Zupko’s murder. | 斯图尔特·祖普克凶案现场发现的那张 |
[34:14] | I’m sorry, are you suggesting that… | 不好意思 你们是说 |
[34:17] | that I had something to do with what happened to him? | 我跟他的死有关吗 |
[34:25] | You said that the… | 你说过 |
[34:26] | the map that was stolen, | 被偷的地图 |
[34:28] | it was forged in the 1940s. | 是一九四几年伪造的 |
[34:31] | How could I have possibly commissioned it? | 怎么可能是我干的 |
[34:34] | I wasn’t even born yet. | 那时候我还没出生呢 |
[34:36] | In point of fact, | 事实上 |
[34:36] | we said the ink was produced in the 1940s. | 我们是说墨水是一九四几年产的 |
[34:39] | The map that Zupko stole, | 而祖普克偷的地图 |
[34:41] | the one that was in the library for years, | 被图书馆保存了很久的那张 |
[34:42] | was the genuine article after all. | 的确是地图的原版真迹 |
[34:46] | You commissioned him to acquire it for you. | 你雇他帮你偷到手 |
[34:48] | You then brought it to a forger, | 然后拿给一个伪造者 |
[34:50] | with instructions to create a copy | 让他伪造了一份副本 |
[34:51] | which looked like it had been made 70 years ago. | 看起来就像七十年前制造的 |
[34:55] | You then murdered Stuart Zupko. | 然后你杀了斯图尔特·祖普克 |
[34:58] | You left the forgery at the scene | 把赝品留在现场 |
[34:59] | to make it look like a handoff had gone awry. | 这样看起来就像交货时出了意外 |
[35:01] | There’s very few guys in New York | 纽约没几个人 |
[35:02] | that could pull something like this off. | 能伪造出这么逼真的东西 |
[35:04] | You needed someone from the old school. | 你需要一个经验老道的人 |
[35:06] | Someone like… | 比如说 |
[35:08] | Franco DeMasi. | 弗兰克·德梅西 |
[35:12] | We showed him photos of what you did to Zupko | 我们把祖普克受害的照片给他看了 |
[35:15] | and hinted that he might be next. | 并暗示他可能会是你下一个目标 |
[35:17] | He’s cutting a deal right now. | 他现在正在和我们谈条件 |
[35:19] | A career criminal | 一个职业罪犯 |
[35:21] | tells you that I hired him, | 说是我雇了他 |
[35:23] | which is what he knows that you want to hear, | 他知道这肯定是你们想听到的 |
[35:25] | and you start throwing accusations around? | 而你们就开始给我扣这些莫须有的罪名 |
[35:28] | After Mr. DeMasi completed his work, | 德梅西先生完成赝品后 |
[35:30] | he returned the original to you, | 他把原版地图还给了你 |
[35:31] | which you, of course, destroyed. | 而你当然把它销毁了 |
[35:33] | But when making a forgery using copper plate, | 不过 用铜板制造赝品时 |
[35:36] | it takes negligibly more time to create two copies, rather than one. | 做两份副本并不会多花多少时间 |
[35:41] | He realized how valuable the original was | 他知道原版价值连城 |
[35:42] | and so he made a second duplicate to hand off to you. | 于是做了另一张副本交给你 |
[35:46] | He kept the real one for himself. | 而自己把原版留下了 |
[35:48] | This real one. | 这张原版 |
[35:50] | Now, this map | 这张地图上 |
[35:51] | has traces of mold on it, | 有霉菌的痕迹 |
[35:54] | which prove it was in a drawer | 证明它曾在三十九街图书馆的抽屉里 |
[35:56] | in the 39th Street Library for decades. | 存放了几十年 |
[35:59] | It also has your fingerprints all over it. | 上面还有很多你的指纹 |
[36:01] | I’m guessing you fly a lot. | 我猜你应该常坐飞机 |
[36:03] | ‘Cause the Trusted Traveler Program you gave your prints to? | 因为你在可靠旅客项目中留下的指纹 |
[36:07] | It interfaces with our system. | 在我们系统里也能查到 |
[36:11] | All in all, DeMasi’s word against yours | 不管怎样 德梅西关于你的口供 |
[36:13] | is sounding pretty good. | 还是很可信的 |
[36:31] | Gonna sit there, or are you gonna help me? | 要继续坐着 还是起来帮帮忙 |
[36:33] | Have a seat. | 先坐下 |
[36:46] | Watson has impressed upon me | 华生让我觉得 |
[36:47] | that I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[36:51] | You may have noticed | 你可能注意到 |
[36:52] | I’ve been keeping you rather busy lately. | 最近我总是让你做很多事 |
[36:55] | Some of the errands were… beneath you. | 有些杂务其实…大材小用了 |
[36:59] | You were very clear about all of this in London. | 你在伦敦就说得很清楚 |
[37:00] | You told me that there’d be scut work, every now and again. | 你说时不时需要做些零碎的事 |
[37:03] | I’m aware of the young man at the coffee shop. | 我知道那个咖啡店的年轻人 |
[37:06] | Zachary. | 扎克里 |
[37:07] | I know you’ve developed a rapport | 我知道你们关系不错 |
[37:09] | and he is, in his own plodding way, | 而他正在用他单调无趣的方式 |
[37:12] | courting you. | 追求你 |
[37:16] | I was worried. | 我有点担心 |
[37:18] | So… | 所以 |
[37:19] | I kept you otherwise engaged. | 让你忙得没空搭理他 |
[37:23] | That was a mistake. | 但我做错了 |
[37:27] | I have watched the progress you’ve made | 我很骄傲地目睹了 |
[37:29] | over the last few months with great pride. | 你这几个月取得的显著进展 |
[37:32] | And you’ve come a very long way. | 这些于你而言来之不易 |
[37:35] | I should have trusted you to… | 我应该信任你能 |
[37:37] | continue that progression. | 继续取得进步 |
[37:41] | I knew. | 其实我知道 |
[37:44] | You knew what? | 知道什么 |
[37:46] | I could tell that you’d… | 我能感觉到你已经 |
[37:47] | figured out about Zachary. | 知道扎克里的事了 |
[37:51] | I knew that’s why you were keeping me busy. | 也知道你因此让我干这么多活 |
[37:54] | But I was glad of it. | 但我觉得挺高兴的 |
[37:59] | I was afraid, as well. | 其实我也害怕 |
[38:03] | Zachary’s sweet, he’s… | 扎克里人很好 他… |
[38:06] | And he likes me. | 而且他喜欢我 |
[38:11] | What you did made me feel… | 你做的这些让我觉得 |
[38:14] | very protected… | 受到保护 |
[38:18] | …and very loved. | 受到爱护 |
[38:25] | So just stop moping about. | 所以别闷闷不乐了 |
[38:27] | I’ve got ice cream to put away. | 我还要把冰淇淋放进冰箱呢 |
[38:49] | Watson’s offered to reclaim | 华生提议 |
[38:50] | a greater role in our collaboration, | 更多参与我们的合作 |
[38:52] | so that I might give you some more personal time. | 这样我可以给你更多私人时间 |
[38:57] | I shall be accepting her offer. | 我打算接受 |
[39:00] | How you choose to spend that time… | 至于你如何安排那些时间 |
[39:02] | that’s entirely up to you. | 完全取决于你 |
[39:18] | This Zachary… | 这个扎克里 |
[39:20] | does he have an aversion to insects? | 他讨厌昆虫吗 |
[39:22] | You said you were going to leave him be. | 你说过不干涉这事了的 |
[39:23] | There’s an entomology exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. | 自然历史博物馆有个昆虫展 |
[39:27] | I thought you and I should pay a visit there this afternoon. | 我想下午跟你一起去逛逛 |
[39:30] | If your friend is free, | 如果你朋友有空 |
[39:32] | perhaps he’d like to join us. | 也许他会愿意加入我们 |
[39:39] | I’ll call him. | 我待会打给他 |
[39:42] | And find out. | 看他想不想去 |
[39:51] | 如需其它字幕 请登陆新浪微博[WEB&BD版美剧字幕精编者] 或发邮件 lj20090303@163.com |