时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Excuse me. | 你好 |
[00:03] | What’s your problem? | 你有什么意见 |
[00:04] | My problem is I don’t like being followed. | 我的意见是我不喜欢被跟踪 |
[00:05] | Your problem is that I know what you look like now. | 而你的麻烦是我现在知道你的模样了 |
[00:09] | Don’t move, the police are on their way. | 别动 警察马上就到 |
[00:15] | You work for Sherlock. | 你是为夏洛克工作的 |
[00:16] | I don’t work for anyone. I’m his new partner. | 我不为任何人工作 我是他的新搭档 |
[00:19] | I’m a mentor, Watson. I-I’m a teacher. | 我是个导师 华生 我是个老师 |
[00:22] | I realized it wasn’t you I was afraid of losing, | 我意识到我害怕的不是失去你 |
[00:24] | it was our relationship. | 而是我们之间的关系 |
[00:25] | Then I realized I could do it again. | 我发现可以再来一次 |
[00:26] | So you dug up that girl? | 所以你找了那女孩 |
[00:27] | Kitty. | 凯蒂 |
[00:28] | I told Captain Gregson I was okay | 我跟格雷森警监说了 |
[00:30] | with you coming back to the precinct. | 我对你回警局工作没有意见 |
[00:33] | I’m even okay with, uh, Kitty. | 凯蒂的事我也没意见 |
[00:35] | I’m very glad to hear that. | 我很高兴你这么说 |
[00:36] | We’re still not partners. | 但我们仍然不是搭档 |
[00:37] | We’ll work on our own cases, of course. | 当然我们会各自查案 |
[00:39] | But if you ever need a consultation | 但如果你需要建议 |
[00:41] | or fresh eyes on something, whatever… | 或者不同的视角 随便什么 |
[00:43] | I-I’m available. | 可以找我 |
[00:44] | As I am to you. | 我也一样 |
[00:51] | That’s her, huh? | 就是她了是吧 |
[00:53] | The new partner? | 新搭档 |
[00:54] | Miss Winter is my protege, not my partner. | 温特小姐是我的徒弟 不是搭档 |
[00:56] | The captain insisted on a thorough vetting process, | 警监坚持要对她进行全面审核 |
[00:59] | including this face-to-face, | 包括这次面试 |
[01:00] | before he grants his approval that she assists me. | 才允许她协助我 |
[01:05] | You’re staring. | 你在盯着我看 |
[01:07] | I’m just letting it sink in. You’re really back. | 我就是消化一下 你真回来了 |
[01:10] | You are as keen an observer as ever, Detective. | 洞察力敏锐一如既往 警探 |
[01:12] | Soon you will deduce it is daytime, | 很快你就能推测出现在是白天 |
[01:13] | and we are standing in a police station. | 而我们身处警局中了 |
[01:17] | So, where’d you find her? MI6? | 你在哪找到她的 军情六处吗 |
[01:19] | She’s, in fact, a civilian. | 实际上 她是个平民 |
[01:20] | She was referred to me by a colleague at Scotland Yard. | 是苏格兰场的一位同事引荐给我的 |
[01:23] | A boy had gone missing, | 一名男孩失踪了 |
[01:24] | and she had some unique insights into the matter. | 她对案件有些独到的见解 |
[01:26] | She helped identify his abductor, | 协助我锁定了绑架者 |
[01:27] | and then insisted on taking none of the credit. | 之后坚持不留名 |
[01:30] | I could not help but be reminded of my younger self. | 我禁不住想起年轻时的自己 |
[01:33] | Of course, you couldn’t. | 你当然禁不住 |
[01:35] | Speaking of. | 说到这个 |
[01:36] | The homicide that’s been plaguing you, | 那件让你头痛不已的谋杀案 |
[01:38] | the file on your desk. | 你桌子上的那份卷宗 |
[01:39] | The file that was in my drawer? | 你是说我抽屉里的那份卷宗 |
[01:41] | The accumulated coffee rings suggested | 多个咖啡杯渍说明 |
[01:43] | you were at an impasse. | 你陷入了僵局 |
[01:45] | The neighbor in apartment 3-B is your killer. | 住在隔壁3B公寓的住户是你要找的凶手 |
[01:48] | The marks on the victim | 那些你认为是 |
[01:48] | you were assuming were fingernail scratches, | 由指甲造成的抓痕 |
[01:50] | I submit they were made by bird talons. | 我认为是由鸟类的尖爪造成 |
[01:53] | Specifically, those of a blue-throated macaw. | 更详细些 是一只蓝喉金刚鹦鹉 |
[01:55] | The precinct had received a number of complaints | 分局收到了许多 |
[01:57] | about the noise of the parrot in apartment 3-B, | 有关隔壁3B公寓的鹦鹉制造噪声的投诉 |
[01:59] | all prior to the day of the murder, | 全部都在凶案发生之前 |
[02:01] | at which point the complaints abruptly ceased. | 之后投诉就突然终止了 |
[02:03] | So, my vic gets fed up with the noise, kills the bird, | 所以 被害人受够了噪声 把鸟杀了 |
[02:06] | gets a few scratches for his troubles, | 因此被抓了几下 |
[02:09] | then 3-B finds out and kills him. | 然后3B的住户发现了 就杀了他 |
[02:14] | You’re staring again. | 你又盯着我了 |
[02:16] | I’m just letting it sink in again. | 我就是再消化一下 |
[02:19] | You’re really back. | 你真的回来了 |
[03:08] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:09] | Theo, I know you said not to call. | 西奥 我知道你说过别打电话 |
[03:11] | Somebody’s found me, somebody knows. | 但有人找上我了 有人知道了 |
[03:13] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[03:14] | Who is this? | 你又是谁 |
[03:15] | Where’s Theo? | 西奥呢 |
[03:17] | This is Thomas Gregson of the NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的汤玛斯·格雷森 |
[03:20] | Mr. Fordham is unavailable. | 福德姆先生现在不方便接听 |
[03:21] | Now, who am I speaking to? | 你是哪位 |
[03:24] | What happened? Wh-what’s going on? | 发生了什么 怎么回事 |
[03:27] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:29] | There’s someone here. | 有人来了 |
[03:30] | Sir? | 先生 |
[03:31] | – No, please. – Try to stay calm. | -不 求你 -试着保持冷静 |
[03:32] | Tell us where you are. | 告诉我们你的位置 |
[03:33] | – No, no, no, no. – So that we can send help. | -不不不 -我们好派人去帮助您 |
[03:35] | No! Look, I’ll give you anything. | 不 我什么都可以给你 |
[03:37] | Anything you want! | 你想要什么都行 |
[03:40] | Sir? | 先生 |
[03:42] | Sir? Sir? Hello? Hello?! | 先生 先生 喂 喂 |
[03:47] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:36] | Watson. | 华生 |
[04:40] | The captain already asked me to take this one. | 警监已经让我负责这案子了 |
[04:42] | Yes. Of course he did. | 对 当然了 |
[04:45] | Might I ask you to consider an extenuating circumstance? | 我能请你考虑一种情有可原的情况吗 |
[04:48] | Two men receive envelopes from an anonymous sender. | 两个人同时收到由匿名寄件人寄出的信封 |
[04:51] | Each envelope empty, except for five orange plastic beads. | 信封里除了五粒橙色的塑料珠子别无他物 |
[04:54] | Then, within hours of one another, both men are murdered. | 之后 两人在几小时内 先后被杀 |
[04:58] | It’s unlikely I’ll find another case | 我不可能再找到一件案子 |
[04:59] | even half as worthy of my attention. | 能引起我对这件案子一半的兴趣了 |
[05:01] | I could say the same thing. | 我也一样 |
[05:02] | And indeed you should. | 这也是当然 |
[05:04] | Well, I guess it was bound to happen. | 我想这也是必然 |
[05:06] | Sometimes we’re gonna be interested in the same cases. | 有时我们肯定会对同样的案件感兴趣 |
[05:08] | Sometimes. | 有时确实会 |
[05:18] | Two bodies, two detectives? | 两具尸体 两名侦探 |
[05:21] | What about your new friend? Where’s she? | 你的新朋友呢 她在哪 |
[05:24] | I dispatched Kitty to the site of the first murder. | 我派凯蒂去第一起凶案的现场了 |
[05:27] | The Crime Scene Unit had a backlog last night, | 犯罪现场小组昨晚分身乏术 |
[05:29] | and they’re only processing it just now. | 他们刚刚才去处理现场 |
[05:31] | So, she’ll take photographs, observe Detective Bell. | 所以她去拍拍照 观摩贝尔警探 |
[05:34] | It’s a somewhat menial task, but she has much to learn. | 都是些琐事 但她还有不少要学 |
[05:38] | The first victim was a lawyer named Theodore Fordham. | 第一名被害人是律师 名叫西奥·福德姆 |
[05:42] | Victim number two, the man who was on the phone | 第二名被害人 也就是在被射杀前 |
[05:45] | with Gregson before he was shot… | 与格雷森通话的人 |
[05:46] | Elias Openshaw. | 叫伊莱斯·奥彭肖 |
[05:49] | And you knew that how? | 你怎么知道的 |
[05:51] | The Pipz, aka “The beads.” | 那些滚珠 也就是”那些珠子” |
[05:56] | They’re from a toy which was implicated in the deaths | 是玩具上的 这种玩具 |
[05:58] | of a number of children last year. | 与去年数名儿童的死亡有关 |
[06:00] | Mr. Openshaw ran the company which manufactured them. | 而玩具由奥彭肖先生的公司生产 |
[06:03] | Mr. Fordham was his criminal defense attorney. | 福德姆先生是他的辩护律师 |
[06:06] | Some of the Pipz, you see, were poison. | 有些滚珠是有毒的 |
[06:09] | Ordinarily, they were made from non-toxic plastic. | 通常情况下 它们是由无毒塑料制成的 |
[06:11] | But the factory in India which produced them | 而印度的工厂为了省钱 |
[06:13] | exchanged one chemical for another in order to save money, | 用一种化学物质代替了另一种 |
[06:16] | and the resulting beads metabolized | 导致珠子在被吞入人体之后 |
[06:18] | into a drug when swallowed. | 会因代谢产生一种药物 |
[06:20] | The drug was GHB. | 迷幻剂 |
[06:22] | I saw enough GHB overdoses during my ER rotation. | 我在急诊室轮岗时见多了迷幻剂过量的病人 |
[06:26] | Club kids, date rape victims… | 泡吧的孩子 约会被迷奸的被害人 |
[06:27] | So, how many children swallowed the beads? | 有多少孩子吞下了这珠子 |
[06:30] | Nine that were hospitalized. | 入院就医的有九人 |
[06:31] | Four of them did not survive. | 其中四人死亡 |
[06:34] | Explains why someone wanted this guy dead. | 难怪有人想这人死 |
[06:37] | So, these bruises on his abdomen… | 他腹部的这些瘀痕 |
[06:39] | could be he was hit by a car, | 可能是他被车撞后留下的 |
[06:41] | maybe a few weeks before he died. | 也许是他死前几周 |
[06:43] | Another, less successful attempt on his life, perhaps? | 大概是另一次索命未遂的尝试吧 |
[06:49] | It’s the captain, he wants to see me about the case. | 是警监 他想找我讨论案情 |
[06:55] | I’ll tell him you’ll be joining. | 我跟他说你也会去 |
[06:58] | Until his past caught up with him last night, | 在昨晚他自食苦果之前 |
[06:59] | Elias Openshaw had been living as a fugitive. | 伊莱斯·奥彭肖一直是个逃犯 |
[07:03] | Agent Boden here was point on the Feds’ search, | 这位博登探员是联调局负责搜查的 |
[07:06] | so I asked him to come in and bring us up to speed. | 所以我让他来给我们介绍下情况 |
[07:09] | The FBI charged Openshaw with murder. | 联调局以谋杀罪名起诉奥彭肖 |
[07:12] | So, you believe he knew the toys were poison | 所以你们相信他对玩具有毒一事知情 |
[07:14] | but sold them anyway. | 但仍然售卖了玩具 |
[07:16] | We didn’t believe, we had proof. | 不是相信 我们有证据 |
[07:18] | He issued a recall after it was too late, | 他曾宣布召回它们 但已经太迟了 |
[07:21] | but we arrested him and seized the inventory. | 我们逮捕了他 并缴获了库存 |
[07:23] | Then, while he was awaiting trial, he skipped bail. | 但在候审期间 他保释期间逃逸了 |
[07:26] | He’d been in hiding ever since. | 从那之后他就躲起来了 |
[07:28] | But we always figured his lawyer, Fordham, | 但我们一直认为是他的律师福德姆 |
[07:30] | was helping him stay at large. | 在协助他潜逃 |
[07:31] | Any suspects leap out based on your knowledge of the case? | 基于你对案子的了解 有什么嫌疑人吗 |
[07:34] | Starting, most obviously, with the parents of children who died? | 很显然 应该从那些失去孩子的父母查起 |
[07:36] | Well, there’s a list in there. | 里面有一份名单 |
[07:37] | But aside from them… no, not yet. | 但除了他们 暂时没别的发现 |
[07:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:47] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[07:51] | Hey, I heard you had a knack for missing persons. | 我听说你擅长寻找失踪人口 |
[07:58] | You know, I’ve never been to London. | 我从没去过伦敦 |
[08:00] | Hear it’s a lot like New York. | 听说那里跟纽约很像 |
[08:09] | I guess you guys don’t get the same number | 我猜你们那不像这里一样 |
[08:10] | of gun deaths over there as we do, huh? | 有这么多枪杀案吧 |
[08:13] | Not many countries do. | 没几个国家有这么多 |
[08:22] | Don’t! | 别碰我 |
[08:23] | I just wanted to make sure you saw where you were going. | 我只想确保你看到脚下了 |
[08:27] | I wouldn’t have stepped there. I know what I’m doing. | 我不会踩上去的 我知道自己在干什么 |
[08:29] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我会记住这句话的 |
[08:37] | Sherlock, he sent through a list | 是夏洛克 他发来了一份 |
[08:38] | of the parents whose children died. | 死亡儿童的父母名单 |
[08:50] | The postal code the orange beads were mailed from, | 寄来橙色珠子的邮编 |
[08:52] | it matches the address of one of the parents… Gabe Coleman. | 跟其中一个人的地址相符 加布·科尔曼 |
[08:56] | I’ll let the captain know. | 我去告诉警监 |
[09:02] | I don’t know what more I can tell you | 我不知道还有什么能告诉你的 |
[09:04] | than what I already told the other cops. | 该说的我都跟其他警察说过了 |
[09:08] | Other cops? | 其他警察 |
[09:09] | What other cops, Mr. Coleman? | 什么其他警察 科尔曼先生 |
[09:11] | Somebody broke into the building last night. | 昨晚有人闯进了楼里 |
[09:13] | It was probably just some kids, nobody was missing anything. | 可能只是几个小孩 没人丢东西 |
[09:16] | Some other cops came by… I told them that I wasn’t around. | 来了几个警察 我跟他们说了我当时不在 |
[09:20] | Do you mind telling us where you were last night? | 你介意告诉我们你昨晚在哪吗 |
[09:23] | Do you mind telling me what this is about? | 你介意告诉我出了什么事吗 |
[09:25] | I assume you know the name Elias Openshaw. | 我想你知道伊莱斯·奥彭肖这个名字吧 |
[09:29] | Of course I do. | 我当然知道 |
[09:30] | Well, he was murdered a little after 9:30 last night. | 他昨晚九点三十几被杀了 |
[09:35] | His lawyer is dead, too. | 他的律师也死了 |
[09:41] | Someone finally found him. | 终于有人找到他了 |
[09:45] | Openshaw. | 奥彭肖 |
[09:47] | Do you mind telling us where you were | 你介意告诉我们你昨晚 |
[09:48] | between the hours of 9:00 P.M. And 10:00 P.M.? | 九点到十点之间在哪里吗 |
[09:52] | Uh… working. | 我在工作 |
[09:55] | I, uh… in my car, mostly. | 通常都在我车里 |
[09:58] | I service vending machines around the city, night shift. | 我维修城里的自动售货机 上夜班 |
[10:02] | Was anyone with you? | 有人跟你一起吗 |
[10:05] | No, I was alone. | 没有 只有我一个 |
[10:07] | Elias Openshaw took more than your son from you, did he not? | 伊莱斯·奥彭肖不只夺走了你的儿子 对吗 |
[10:12] | In the aftermath of that terrible tragedy, | 在那场悲剧之后 |
[10:14] | you lost your career, | 你失去了你的事业 |
[10:16] | marriage. | 还有婚姻 |
[10:18] | I remember reading about a Mrs. Coleman. | 我记得曾看过关于科尔曼太太的报道 |
[10:22] | And it’s apparent here that you live alone. | 而且很明显你现在是一个人住 |
[10:24] | You can appreciate why we would want to speak with you | 你能理解我们为什么想跟你聊聊 |
[10:27] | in the light of Mr. Openshaw’s murder. | 奥彭肖先生的谋杀案吧 |
[10:29] | Lots of people hated him. | 很多人都恨他 |
[10:30] | It’s true. | 确实 |
[10:31] | But whoever killed him sent him a package. | 但杀他的人给他寄了个东西 |
[10:33] | An envelope from this zip code. | 一个印有这里邮编的信封 |
[10:36] | And that makes me the killer? | 所以我成凶手了吗 |
[10:38] | It make you a person of interest. | 所以你成了嫌疑人 |
[10:39] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我干的 |
[10:41] | Well, then you wouldn’t mind if our guys look around the place? | 那你不会介意我们在你家看看吧 |
[10:47] | You people… you’re amazing. | 你们这些人 你们真行 |
[10:51] | You lose the guy who murdered my son, | 你们弄丢了杀害我儿子的人 |
[10:53] | you put me through hell. | 让我经受地狱般的痛苦 |
[10:55] | My wife… | 我的妻子… |
[10:57] | And now, someone does your job for you, and you just come here? | 现在有人替你们完成了工作 你们就来这里 |
[11:01] | You harass me? | 就来骚扰我 |
[11:02] | Mr. Coleman, you’re not making this easy. | 科尔曼先生 你这样帮不上忙 |
[11:04] | Why should I? | 我为什么要帮忙 |
[11:06] | Why should I make it easy for you? | 我为什么要帮你们 |
[11:09] | You want to accuse me of something i didn’t do? | 你们想因为我没干的事而指控我吗 |
[11:12] | You want to tear my apartment up, | 你们想把我的公寓翻个底朝天 |
[11:13] | you do it the hard way, you get a warrant. | 没那么容易 拿搜查令来 |
[11:33] | What if I’d been an intruder? | 我要是个闯入者怎么办 |
[11:35] | I suppose you’d have gotten away with my paint. | 那你就得满身油漆地离开了 |
[11:38] | Yeah, paint. | 对 油漆 |
[11:39] | Have you forgotten everything I told you about my sensitivities? | 你忘了我跟你说的我很敏感的事了吗 |
[11:42] | I’m not allowed to move in, make the place my own? | 我不能搬进来 让这里有些我的特色吗 |
[11:45] | Mm. Watson never felt the need. | 华生从没有过这种需要 |
[11:47] | Yeah, well, I’m not Watson. | 可我不是华生 |
[11:50] | How’d it go with my suspect? Coleman? | 我的嫌疑人科尔曼怎么样了 |
[11:53] | He failed to provide a compelling alibi, | 他无法提供可信的不在场证明 |
[11:55] | and then refused to allow the police to search his home. | 并拒绝警察搜查他的家 |
[11:58] | I’m inclined to think he’s innocent. | 我认为他是清白的 |
[12:00] | For starters, he seemed genuinely surprised | 他听到奥彭肖的死讯时 |
[12:02] | at the news of Openshaw’s death. | 看起来真的很惊讶 |
[12:04] | Yeah, ’cause no one’s ever faked being surprised. | 对 因为没人能假装惊讶 |
[12:06] | Yes, well, you weren’t there. | 你当时又不在场 |
[12:08] | No, I wasn’t. | 对 我不在 |
[12:12] | I was supposed to wait for you? | 我应该等你吗 |
[12:13] | Allow our suspect more time to flee? | 让我们的嫌疑人有更多时间逃走 |
[12:15] | Perhaps take another life? | 也许再杀一个人 |
[12:19] | I suppose it didn’t matter, then, did it? | 那就没关系了 对吧 |
[12:20] | The detail I spotted was useless. | 我发现的细节反正也没用 |
[12:22] | In point of fact, your observation was the opposite of useless. | 实际上 你的观察力非常有用 |
[12:25] | It is because the envelopes were mailed | 正因为那些信封是 |
[12:26] | from Coleman’s post code that I believe he’s not the killer. | 从科尔曼的邮编处寄出的我才相信他不是凶手 |
[12:28] | His work takes him all over the city. | 他的工作让他满城跑 |
[12:30] | Given the slightest instinct for self-preservation, | 即使再缺乏自我保护的本能 |
[12:32] | could he not have just mailed those beads from somewhere else? | 他也该从别的地方寄出那些珠子吧 |
[12:37] | Do you think someone’s setting him up? | 你觉得有人在陷害他 |
[12:38] | I think it’s a distinct possibility. | 我觉得很有可能 |
[12:40] | I’ve said as much to Watson and the captain. | 我跟华生和警监也是这么说的 |
[12:43] | Mr. Coleman’s innocence, on the other hand, | 不过 科尔曼先生的清白 |
[12:45] | is a virtual certainty. | 是板上钉钉的事实 |
[12:57] | Mr. Coleman? Hi. | 科尔曼先生 你好 |
[12:59] | Um, I’m Joan. I met you earlier? | 我是乔恩 我们之前见过 |
[13:01] | Yeah, you work with the captain. I’m on my way to see him now. | 对 你和警监共事 我是来找他的 |
[13:04] | Oh, I can take him. Thanks. | 我可以带他去 谢了 |
[13:08] | Do you mind me asking what this is about? | 我能问问你来干什么吗 |
[13:12] | I did it. | 是我干的 |
[13:16] | I killed Openshaw and his lawyer. | 我杀了奥彭肖和他的律师 |
[13:19] | Everything’s in my car. | 所有东西都在我的车里 |
[13:21] | The beads that I used, and the envelopes and the gun. | 我用的珠子 信封还有枪 |
[13:25] | And I came here because I want to confess. | 我是来自首的 |
[13:48] | So, ballistics has completed their analysis of the gun that you surrendered. | 你带来的那把枪的弹道分析已经完成了 |
[13:52] | Would you like to know what they found? | 想知道他们发现什么了吗 |
[13:56] | They confirmed | 他们确认 |
[13:57] | it was the weapon used to murder Openshaw and Fordham. | 那把枪就是杀害奥彭肖和福德姆的凶器 |
[14:02] | You sound surprised. | 你听起来很惊讶 |
[14:03] | You look surprised. | 你看起来很惊讶 |
[14:05] | Or rather, as though you didn’t know what I was going to say. | 确切地说 似乎你并不知道我刚才要说什么 |
[14:09] | Earlier, you mentioned there had been a break-in at your building | 之前你提到你不在家的时候 |
[14:12] | while you were away, but that no one reported anything stolen. | 楼里有人闯入 但没人上报丢东西 |
[14:17] | See, I believe that’s because | 我相信这是因为 |
[14:19] | the intruder planted things instead. | 闯入者留下了一些东西 |
[14:22] | After we left, you found a gun | 在我们走后 你找到了 |
[14:24] | and other evidence hidden in your home. | 藏在你家里的枪和其他证据 |
[14:26] | And faced with the discovery that you were being framed, | 在你发现自己被陷害了之后 |
[14:29] | you decided to go along with it. | 你决定顺势认罪 |
[14:30] | No. | 不 |
[14:32] | I did it. I killed Openshaw and his lawyer. | 是我干的 我杀了奥彭肖和他的律师 |
[14:36] | Did you? So, who did you kill first? | 是吗 那你先杀的谁 |
[14:40] | I don’t have to talk to you. | 我没必要跟你说 |
[14:41] | No, you don’t. | 是 你不用跟我说 |
[14:44] | But I can assure you… | 但我可以向你保证 |
[14:49] | I am the most likely individual in the world | 我是这世界上最有可能 |
[14:51] | to prove that you are not the real killer. | 证明你不是凶手的人 |
[14:55] | So if you want everyone to keep believing that you are, | 所以如果你想让所有人相信你是凶手 |
[14:58] | perhaps you should make some effort | 那你也许该努点力 |
[14:59] | to persuade me why I should allow it. | 说服我同意你这么做 |
[15:06] | I don’t have to tell you anything except I did it. | 我没什么好说的 就是我干的 |
[15:09] | I killed Openshaw. | 我杀了奥彭肖 |
[15:11] | I wanted to for a long time. | 我早就想这么做了 |
[15:14] | I loved two people in this world, | 这世上两个我最爱的人 |
[15:16] | and I lost both of them because of him. | 就因为他 都离我而去了 |
[15:18] | Your son… and your wife. | 你儿子 还有你妻子 |
[15:23] | The wife who left you. | 她离开了你 |
[15:29] | Things were never the same after Dylan died. | 迪伦死后 一切都不一样了 |
[15:33] | Amy was angry… | 艾米很生气 |
[15:34] | At you. | 生你的气 |
[15:39] | That’s what this is about, is it not? | 就是因为这个 对吧 |
[15:41] | She wanted you to do something. | 她希望你做点什么 |
[15:44] | I wanted to. | 我也想 |
[15:46] | I was angry, too. | 我也很愤怒 |
[15:49] | But I couldn’t do anything. | 可我什么都做不了 |
[15:50] | I couldn’t even get out of bed to go to work. | 我甚至无法起身下床去工作 |
[15:57] | So let’s say I am being framed. | 就算我是被陷害的吧 |
[16:01] | If that were true… | 如果真是这样 |
[16:03] | I’d take that fall. | 我也认了 |
[16:06] | I know it wouldn’t get Amy back, | 我知道这无法赢回艾米 |
[16:08] | but at least she would know | 但起码能让她知道 |
[16:10] | that I’m the one who got the guy. | 是我干掉了那家伙 |
[16:20] | But like I said, no one’s framing anyone. | 但如我所说 没有陷害这回事 |
[16:33] | When am I going to meet this Andrew guy? | 我什么时候能见见这位安德鲁啊 |
[16:35] | I thought we were supposed to get drinks. | 我们不是要去喝几杯吗 |
[16:37] | We will. He’s just still in that | 会的 只是他还处在那种 |
[16:38] | “Hogging what little time he gets with me” phase. | 争分夺秒只想跟我共度二人世界的阶段 |
[16:41] | Sounds nice. | 够甜蜜的啊 |
[16:42] | So, Hawes finished examining the bruises on Openshaw’s body. | 言归正传 霍斯检验了奥彭肖尸体上的瘀青 |
[16:45] | He thinks they might be from a van or a small SUV, | 他认为他在三到四周前 |
[16:48] | maybe around three or four weeks ago. | 可能被面包车或小型SUV撞过 |
[16:50] | You think you could help me dig into some traffic reports around that time? | 你能帮我查查那段时间的交通报告吗 |
[16:53] | I’ll make some calls. | 我打电话问问 |
[16:54] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢了 |
[16:58] | Sherlock. “Spoke again with FBI Agent Boden. | 是夏洛克 “我又跟联调局的博登探员聊了聊 |
[17:00] | “All other affected families ruled out as suspects. | 其他几个受害家庭都排除嫌疑了 |
[17:03] | “Kitty and I en route to prosecutor of Pipz case | 凯蒂和我正要去见滚珠案的检察官 |
[17:07] | “in hopes of new insight. | 希望有新线索 |
[17:08] | “Please join.” | 请加入我们” |
[17:10] | What do you think of her? | 你觉得她怎么样 |
[17:11] | The new… you. Kitty? | 那个新版的你 凯蒂 |
[17:15] | Oh, let’s just say, we didn’t get off to the greatest start. | 只能说 我跟她的开局不算很完美 |
[17:18] | I guess I’m still getting to know her. | 我想我还在了解她 |
[17:20] | Yeah, but she seems pretty… intense, right? | 不过她看起来挺…剑拔弩张的 对吧 |
[17:24] | Oh, that’s a word for it. | 可以这么说吧 |
[17:26] | I don’t mean to go second-guessing the captain… | 我不是想质疑警监 |
[17:27] | I know he signed off… | 我知道他已经签字了 |
[17:29] | but when you were working with Holmes, | 不过你以前和福尔摩斯一起工作时 |
[17:30] | it was like you helped keep him stable. | 感觉你能帮助他保持稳定 |
[17:33] | I look at this new girl. | 可这个新的姑娘 |
[17:34] | Stable’s not the first word that comes to mind. | 首先让我想到的可不是”稳定” |
[17:37] | Anyway, i’ll let you know if something turns up? | 总之 有消息我会告诉你的 |
[17:40] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[17:48] | That was something. | 真了不起 |
[17:49] | Back at the station… what you guessed about that man. | 在局里的时候 你对那男人的猜想 |
[17:51] | I never guess. | 我从不靠猜想 |
[17:53] | It’s a shocking habit, destructive to the logical faculty. | 这是很不好的习惯 会破坏逻辑体系 |
[17:56] | We observe, and then we deduce. | 我们要靠观察 然后做出推理 |
[18:00] | You invited Watson. | 你邀请了华生 |
[18:02] | I did. | 是的 |
[18:04] | Did you think I couldn’t handle a simple meeting? | 你觉得我应付不了一个简单的会面吗 |
[18:06] | Did you forget that we’re co-consulting? | 你忘了我们是联合顾问吗 |
[18:10] | Watson. | 华生 |
[18:12] | Kitty. | 凯蒂 |
[18:14] | Mr. Holmes? | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[18:15] | Angela White, Assistant U.S. Attorney. | 我是安吉拉·怀特 国家助理检察官 |
[18:18] | These are my colleagues, Miss Watson and Miss Winter. | 这两位是我同事 华生小姐和温特小姐 |
[18:20] | Thank you very much for taking the time to speak with us. | 非常感谢你抽时间见我们 |
[18:22] | I’ve seen you on TV, haven’t I? | 你上过电视 对吧 |
[18:24] | Occupational hazard. | 工作的弊端 |
[18:25] | Come on back, let me see if I can be of help. | 来吧 看看我能不能帮上忙 |
[18:29] | I heard about Gabe Coleman’s arrest for the murders. | 我听说加布·科尔曼因为谋杀被捕了 |
[18:33] | The whole thing is just tragic. | 这整件事真是一场悲剧 |
[18:35] | Obviously, your preparations would’ve | 显然 你在准备案件期间 |
[18:37] | brought you in contact with Mr. Coleman. | 跟科尔曼先生有过联系 |
[18:39] | Yeah, and I spoke with him and his wife many times, | 对 我跟他和他太太聊过好几次 |
[18:42] | along with the other families who lost their children. | 还有其他几个失去了孩子的家庭 |
[18:45] | Guys, you can finish that later. Thanks. | 伙计们 等会再来弄吧 谢谢 |
[18:48] | “Osamashaw.” | 奥萨马肖 |
[18:50] | Oh. Bad joke. | 乱开玩笑的 |
[18:51] | One of my staffers. | 我一个员工干的 |
[18:52] | Some journalist wrote | 有个记者写文 |
[18:54] | that Openshaw was this office’s bin Laden. | 说奥彭肖就是我们这届政府的本·拉登 |
[18:56] | We knew he was out there, we just couldn’t find him. | 大家都知道他还在世上 但就是找不到他 |
[18:58] | You know, the frustrating thing was | 知道吗 最让人沮丧的是 |
[19:00] | that we had him dead to rights. | 我们已经能给他定罪了 |
[19:01] | We had a paper trail proving that this guy knew the toys were poison, | 我们有书面记录能证明这家伙明知道玩具有毒 |
[19:04] | and he rolled the dice with the kids’ lives anyway. | 却还是决定拿孩子们的性命孤注一掷 |
[19:07] | You know, if Mr. Coleman had just come to us, | 如果科尔曼先生能来找我们 |
[19:09] | if he told us that he’d located Mr. Openshaw, | 能告诉我们他知道奥彭肖先生在哪 |
[19:11] | none of this had to happen. | 这一切都可以避免了 |
[19:12] | Well, actually, Miss White, | 事实上 怀特小姐 |
[19:12] | we’ve come here because we believe that recent events | 我们这次过来 是因为最近的事件 |
[19:14] | may be more tragic than you imagine. | 可能比你想象的更悲惨 |
[19:16] | We think Gabe Coleman is innocent. | 我们认为加布·科尔曼是无辜的 |
[19:18] | We? | 我们 |
[19:20] | We were hoping you might be able to steer us in another direction. | 我们希望你也许能给我们一个新的角度 |
[19:23] | I’m sorry. I heard he’d confessed. | 抱歉 可我听说他已经认罪了 |
[19:24] | He did. We think he’s covering up for someone. | 没错 可我们认为他是在掩护别人 |
[19:27] | Have you looked into the other parents? | 你们调查过其他父母了吗 |
[19:29] | Alibis all around. | 他们都有不在场证明 |
[19:30] | Well, I’m sorry. I don’t see how I can help. | 抱歉 我不知道能怎么帮你们 |
[19:33] | You were surveilling the other victim, Openshaw’s lawyer? | 你监视过另一名受害者 奥彭肖的律师 |
[19:36] | The FBI was, at my instruction, yes. | 是联调局执行的 在我的指示下 对 |
[19:38] | We didn’t violate privilege, | 我们并没侵犯他的权力 |
[19:40] | but as long as he was in public, we were allowed to tail him. | 只要他出现在公共场合 我们就有权跟踪他 |
[19:42] | We were hoping he’d lead us to Openshaw. | 我们希望他能带我们找到奥彭肖 |
[19:44] | It seems likely from Mr. Fordham’s death | 从福德姆先生的死亡来看 |
[19:46] | that somebody else had a very similar idea. | 很可能还有人打着同样的主意 |
[19:48] | Perhaps reviewing the surveillance footage | 也许检查一下你们的监控录像 |
[19:50] | that you have would help us identify that individual, | 能帮我们找到那个人 |
[19:53] | so, we would be quite happy to… | 我们会很开心能… |
[19:54] | No. No, I’m sorry. That won’t be possible. | 不 抱歉 这不可能 |
[19:57] | When we were watching Fordham, | 我们监视福德姆期间 |
[19:58] | he was regularly interacting with his other clients. | 他会定期与他的其他委托人见面 |
[20:00] | I have a duty to protect their confidentiality. | 我有责任保护这些人的隐私 |
[20:04] | But we can look at the footage internally. | 但我们可以在内部自行检查那些录像 |
[20:05] | If anything jumps out… | 如果有发现… |
[20:06] | Your people can’t do the job that we can. | 你们的人可干不了我们能干的活 |
[20:10] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[20:11] | Me and Mr. Holmes. | 我和福尔摩斯先生 |
[20:12] | We can find things that they won’t. | 我们能发现别人发现不了的事 |
[20:14] | Maybe you’re like Mr. Coleman. | 也许你跟科尔曼先生一样 |
[20:15] | Maybe you don’t want us to find the killer. | 也许你不希望我们找到凶手 |
[20:17] | Maybe that’s something the media would be curious to hear. | 也许媒体会有兴趣听到这个消息 |
[20:20] | I think what my colleague is trying to say… | 我想我的同事只是想说… |
[20:22] | It was a pleasure meeting you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[20:25] | I will be in touch. | 回头再联系 |
[20:29] | I screwed up, okay? | 我搞砸了 行了吧 |
[20:30] | I know I screwed up. You don’t have to say it. | 我知道我搞砸了 你不用再说了 |
[20:32] | Oh, no, I want to. | 不 我要说 |
[20:34] | You just accused an Assistant U.S. Attorney of obstruction. | 你刚指控一位国家助理检察官妨碍公务 |
[20:37] | You’ve dashed any chance we might have had | 你破坏了我们原本可能有的 |
[20:39] | of reviewing their surveillance of Openshaw’s lawyer. | 检查奥彭肖律师监控录像的任何机会 |
[20:41] | I was trying something. | 我只想做点什么 |
[20:43] | Yes. Something stupid. | 对 做蠢事 |
[20:47] | How many times do I have to tell you? | 我还得跟你说多少次 |
[20:48] | You are not in competition with Watson. | 你不用跟华生竞争 |
[20:50] | Ever since you started back up with her, | 自从你回来重新跟她合作 |
[20:51] | it’s like I’ve been demoted. | 我就好像被降了一级 |
[20:53] | You used me in London, you gave me real work to do. | 你在伦敦明明重用我 会给我实在的工作 |
[20:57] | Now I’m photographing bloody crime scenes, | 可我现在就只能给该死的犯罪现场拍拍照了 |
[20:58] | watching her conduct interviews. | 看着她主导谈话 |
[21:01] | Did it ever occur to you | 你有没有想过 |
[21:02] | I might have invited her to join us for your benefit? | 我邀请她加入也许是为你好呢 |
[21:05] | That putting you in a room as she and I work | 在她和我工作的时候让你在场 |
[21:07] | might be a chance for you to observe? | 也许是你学习的好机会呢 |
[21:11] | Why are we even bothering with this one? | 为什么我们还管这个呢 |
[21:13] | This one what? | 这个什么 |
[21:13] | This case. | 这个案子 |
[21:15] | Two pieces of excrement are dead. | 两个人渣都死了 |
[21:17] | The father wants to take credit. | 而那个父亲打算认罪 |
[21:18] | It’s helping him, so why can’t we just give him his peace? | 这也是他想要的 为什么我们不成全他呢 |
[21:22] | You can’t honestly believe that | 你不会真的认为 |
[21:23] | life in prison is going to feel like peace for very long. | 监狱的生活算是一种的成全吧 |
[21:26] | And your opinion of Messrs. Openshaw and Fordham aside, | 撇开你对奥彭肖和福德姆先生的个人意见 |
[21:29] | we know very little about the actual motives | 我们还不知道真正的作案动机 |
[21:31] | of an actual killer who is still at large. | 凶手也还逍遥法外 |
[21:35] | I would’ve thought that you, more than most, | 我之前都认为你绝不是 |
[21:36] | would be unwilling to allow a murderer to roam free | 那种因为这个世界善恶无报 |
[21:38] | simply because the world accepts an inaccurate account of things. | 就允许一个杀人凶手逍遥法外的人 |
[21:52] | I was just about to call you. | 我刚想要打电话给你 |
[21:53] | I got a hit on those traffic reports | 你之前让我查的交通事故报告 |
[21:55] | you asked me to look into. | 我找到一条线索 |
[21:56] | The driver of a paratransit van | 一辆大巴车的司机 |
[21:58] | was involved in an incident a few weeks ago. | 几周前出了一次事故 |
[22:01] | He’s on his way in for an interview. | 他现在正赶过来接受调查 |
[22:02] | I thought you’d want to join. | 你一定想参加 |
[22:04] | Should I let Holmes know, too? | 要我也通知福尔摩斯吗 |
[22:08] | Sure, the more the merrier, right? | 行啊 人越多越热闹呗 |
[22:13] | I don’t know what you want me to say. | 我不知道你们想让我说什么 |
[22:15] | I don’t want any trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[22:16] | Mr. Azeem, I promise you. | 阿齐姆先生 我向你保证 |
[22:19] | You’re not in any trouble, | 你没惹麻烦 |
[22:20] | and no one wants to cause you any. | 也没人想找你的麻烦 |
[22:22] | We just want to hear what happened. | 我们只想了解一下事情的经过 |
[22:25] | Is this the man you hit with your van or not? | 你的大巴车撞到的是这个人了吗 |
[22:28] | I’m turning onto Lexington. | 我转弯到列克星敦路 |
[22:30] | The light turns green. | 绿灯亮了 |
[22:32] | I go, and he runs in front of my van. | 我刚启动 他就跑到了我的车前面 |
[22:34] | I stop… but I hit him. | 我刹了车 但我撞到了他 |
[22:37] | I get out, I try to help, but he runs away. | 我下了车想帮忙 但他跑掉了 |
[22:41] | That’s it? | 就是这样吗 |
[22:43] | Nothing else? | 没别的了 |
[22:44] | Please. Tell me what you want me to say and I will say it. | 告诉我你们想让我说什么 我说就是了 |
[22:48] | Mr. Azeem. | 阿齐姆先生 |
[22:49] | If it’s any help, | 如果能让你安心的话 |
[22:50] | neither one of us are citizens of this country. | 我们俩都不是这个国家的公民 |
[22:52] | You have our assurance, there will be no retribution | 我们向你保证 无论你说了什么 |
[22:54] | against you for anything that you say. | 都不会招致任何惩罚 |
[22:56] | Our only interest is the truth. | 我们只关心事实的真相 |
[23:03] | When the man stand up, they stare at each other. | 这人爬起来的时候 他们相互对视了一眼 |
[23:07] | Like he sees the devil. | 就好像他看到了魔鬼一样 |
[23:09] | And then they both hurry off. | 然后他们就都匆忙离开了 |
[23:11] | They both? So, Openshaw was staring at someone? | 他们 奥彭肖当时在盯着谁看吗 |
[23:13] | Did you see who it was? | 你看到是谁了吗 |
[23:18] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:19] | You’re playing games with me. | 你们明知故问 |
[23:21] | I don’t want any trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[23:22] | Mr. Azeem, | 阿齐姆先生 |
[23:23] | what has happened, since coming into this room, | 怎么回事 为何从你进屋开始 |
[23:24] | that gives you the impression we’re trying to entrap you? | 你就认定我们想给你下套呢 |
[23:26] | She is important lady. | 她是个知名人士 |
[23:28] | Her picture is right there. | 这里就有她的照片 |
[23:31] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[23:31] | You’re saying you saw these two people, | 你是说三周前 |
[23:33] | together, three weeks ago? | 你看到这两个人在一起吗 |
[23:38] | Why don’t you excuse us for a second, all right? | 我们先失陪一下 |
[23:50] | Three weeks ago? | 三周前 |
[23:51] | That’s when Openshaw was on the lam. | 那时奥彭肖正好在逃 |
[23:53] | What was it Miss White called him? | 怀特小姐怎么称呼他来着 |
[23:54] | Her personal Bin Laden? | 她个人的本拉登 |
[23:56] | It sounds like they crossed paths by accident. | 听上去他们像是意外撞见的 |
[23:58] | Sure. But who bumps into their Bin Laden on the street | 没错 但谁会在街上撞见要追捕的人后 |
[24:00] | and doesn’t tell anyone? | 不告诉任何人呢 |
[24:08] | It never happened. | 根本没这回事 |
[24:09] | You did not cross paths | 三周前你并没有 |
[24:10] | with Mr. Openshaw three weeks ago? | 在路上撞见奥彭肖先生吗 |
[24:12] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[24:13] | Well, like I said, | 就像我说的 |
[24:14] | we got a witness who says otherwise. | 我们的目击证人有不一样的说法 |
[24:16] | You said it yourself yesterday, | 你昨天自己也说过 |
[24:18] | I’m on the news a lot. | 我经常上新闻 |
[24:19] | This van driver of yours must’ve recognized me | 这个大巴车司机肯定在电视上见过我 |
[24:21] | and gotten confused. | 然后认错了人 |
[24:22] | It happens with witness testimony all the time. | 证人证词中经常发生这种事 |
[24:24] | It’s true. You are on the news a lot. | 没错 你确实经常上新闻 |
[24:26] | I went back and reviewed some of the footage I’d seen. | 我回去看过一些报道 |
[24:29] | They say you’re a rising political star, | 他们说你是一位当红的政治明星 |
[24:30] | that the New York U.S. Attorney’s office | 纽约国家检察官办公室 |
[24:32] | is traditionally a stepping stone, | 通常都会作为一块垫脚石 |
[24:34] | and you’re a shoo-in to run for congress next cycle. | 你很有可能将会竞选下一届的国会议员 |
[24:36] | Must have been a boon to your political aspirations | 奥彭肖之死 |
[24:38] | to no longer have Openshaw’s disappearance | 一定是解除了 |
[24:40] | hanging over your head. | 你政坛道路上的后顾之忧吧 |
[24:41] | I’m sorry, now you’re accusing me of murder? | 什么 现在你们要指控我谋杀吗 |
[24:45] | This is absurd. | 太荒唐了 |
[24:46] | We know that Openshaw | 我们知道奥彭肖 |
[24:46] | was in contact with his lawyer, Mr. Fordham. | 曾联系过他的律师福德姆先生 |
[24:49] | We know that Fordham’s office | 我们知道福德姆的办公室 |
[24:50] | is not very far from where this incident took place. | 离车祸发生地点并不远 |
[24:52] | As it turns out, neither is the office | 我们发现 |
[24:54] | of your campaign’s exploratory committee. | 那里离你的竞选研究委员会也不远 |
[24:56] | So, it’s not unreasonable to think | 因此不禁让人联想到 |
[24:57] | that you were in the area for a meeting. | 你去那里是参加一次会面 |
[24:59] | I was champing at the bit to take on Openshaw in court. | 我等不及要让奥彭肖上法庭了 |
[25:03] | That would have played well with the voters. | 选民们一定会很喜欢这个 |
[25:04] | Then let us see your calendar from three weeks ago. | 那就让我们看看你三周前的日程表 |
[25:06] | Clear this whole thing up. | 洗清你的嫌疑 |
[25:08] | I’ve done nothing but cooperate with you. | 我一直都很配合你们 |
[25:10] | But now you’re insulting me. | 但你们现在是在侮辱我 |
[25:11] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[25:23] | You believe a word she says? | 你相信她的话吗 |
[25:26] | Angela White. | 安吉拉·怀特 |
[25:28] | It’s a well documented enough phenomenon. | 这种现象挺普遍的 |
[25:29] | A witness confuses a face | 证人把嫌疑人 |
[25:30] | they’ve seen in another context with one concerned with a crime. | 和自己在别处见过的人弄混 |
[25:35] | Never the less, I have my doubts. | 不管怎样 我仍有疑虑 |
[25:41] | There’s something else I wanted to talk to you about. | 还有件事我想跟你谈谈 |
[25:43] | Marcus and I were talking yesterday about Kitty. | 马库斯和我昨天谈到了凯蒂 |
[25:47] | Yeah, we both had a few concerns, | 我们都有些疑虑 |
[25:49] | so I decided to run a background check. | 所以我决定做一次背景调查 |
[25:52] | Was there some question you didn’t think | 有什么问题 |
[25:53] | you could simply ask me? | 你觉得不能直接问我的 |
[25:54] | Well, I’m asking you now. | 我现在就来问你了 |
[25:55] | Were you aware that her records | 你注意到她在英国的档案 |
[25:57] | in the U.K. only date back five years? | 只有最近五年的记录吗 |
[25:58] | Before then, Kitty Winter didn’t exist. | 在那之前 凯蒂·温特这个人根本不存在 |
[26:01] | I told you, her given name is Kathryn. | 我告诉过你 她名字叫凯瑟琳 |
[26:03] | You honestly think I didn’t look into that, too? | 你真的以为我没查过那个吗 |
[26:05] | You knew, didn’t you? | 你知道 对吧 |
[26:07] | Did you think I would just place an ad in the classifieds, | 你以为我是在分类广告里写 |
[26:09] | “Detective seeks protege, no questions asked”? | “寻找侦探助理 其他绝不过问”吗 |
[26:12] | Is she a criminal? | 她是个罪犯吗 |
[26:13] | – Certainly not. – Then what is she? | -当然不是 -那她到底是谁 |
[26:15] | What have you gotten Captain Gregson into? | 你到底给格雷森警监招来了什么人 |
[26:17] | This chance encounter between Miss White and Openshaw. | 怀特小姐和奥彭肖的偶遇 |
[26:19] | It casts her withholding of Fordham’s surveillance | 让我们对她为何不愿提供福德姆的监视录像一事 |
[26:21] | in a new light, does it not? | 有了全新看法 对吧 |
[26:23] | Yes, I guess it does. | 对 我想是这样 |
[26:24] | It’s likely her concern had more to do | 可能她要保护的是她自己 |
[26:25] | with protecting herself than Fordham’s other clients. | 而不是福德姆的其他委托人 |
[26:29] | I think I know who we should ask why. | 我知道我们该去问谁了 |
[26:32] | Agent Boden, | 博登探员 |
[26:33] | you were in charge of the surveillance unit | 你是负责跟踪福德姆的 |
[26:35] | tailing Fordham. | 监视小队队长 |
[26:36] | If you knew he was in contact with Openshaw, | 如果你知道他和奥彭肖有联系 |
[26:38] | if you knew Openshaw had crossed paths with Ms. White… | 如果你知道奥彭肖与怀特小姐有交集… |
[26:41] | I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[26:42] | She wasn’t your boss, | 她不是你的老板 |
[26:43] | but she had a lot of pull, right? | 但是她有权有势 对吗 |
[26:45] | Rising star and all that? | 明日之星什么的 |
[26:47] | She didn’t tell you to back off, | 她没告诉你不要多事 |
[26:49] | forget about what you saw? | 忘掉你看到的一切吗 |
[26:50] | Hey, you’ve got this all wrong. | 你们全都搞错了 |
[26:51] | Then by all means, enlighten us. | 那麻烦你提点一下 |
[26:58] | Your word you won’t come after me for any of it. | 你得保证这不会让我惹上麻烦 |
[27:00] | Depends on what I hear. | 那要看我听到的是什么 |
[27:10] | Angela’s case was falling apart | 安吉拉的案子早在 |
[27:12] | even before Openshaw skipped bail. | 奥彭肖保释逃逸前就支离破碎了 |
[27:15] | She would’ve lost if it went to trial. | 她要是上庭肯定会输 |
[27:17] | I thought it was a slam dunk– you guys had a paper trail. | 我还以为你们赢定了 庭审只走个过场 |
[27:20] | We did, but then, while her office was preparing for trial, | 是没错 但是当她的办公室准备庭审时 |
[27:24] | a file box went missing. | 一个文档箱不见了 |
[27:26] | And there was evidence in it. | 里边装着证据 |
[27:28] | A clerical error, or something. | 办事员失误还是什么的 |
[27:30] | We lost shipping orders, | 我们丢了运货单 |
[27:32] | the memos that showed | 证明奥彭肖 |
[27:33] | Openshaw knew the beads were poison. | 知道珠子有毒的备忘录 |
[27:35] | Whole case gone. | 一整箱都没了 |
[27:37] | So, you’re saying the government just didn’t | 所以 你是说政府没有 |
[27:38] | have any evidence to convict Openshaw. | 任何证据证明奥彭肖有罪吗 |
[27:41] | All the charges should’ve been dropped then, no? | 那所有起诉都应该撤销 不是吗 |
[27:43] | When I heard about it, I thought the same thing. | 我最初听到的时候 也是这么想的 |
[27:44] | But Angela never even considered it. | 但是安吉拉根本没考虑过 |
[27:47] | She couldn’t, it was too high-profile, | 她不能撤销 这案子太受关注了 |
[27:48] | and she was about to run for office. | 而她也正在准备竞选 |
[27:51] | If it had come out that Openshaw walked | 如果被人发现奥彭肖无罪释放 |
[27:52] | because she lost evidence, | 是因为她搞丢了证据 |
[27:54] | the press would’ve eaten her alive. | 媒体肯定会把她生吞了 |
[27:56] | Her political career would’ve been over | 她的政治生涯也就 |
[27:57] | before it even started. | 结束在起点上了 |
[27:58] | Next thing I know, Openshaw’s in the wind. | 接下来 我就听说奥彭肖跑了 |
[28:01] | And when we start tailing Fordham, | 而当我们开始跟踪福德姆 |
[28:02] | hoping he’ll lead us to him, | 期望他能带我们找到他时 |
[28:04] | I see him and Angela having secret meetings instead. | 我却看到了他与安吉拉秘密私会 |
[28:08] | In parking garages, diners, | 在停车场 小饭馆 |
[28:10] | these out-of-the-way places. | 那些不引人注目的地方 |
[28:12] | You ask her about the meetings? | 你问过她关于见面的事吗 |
[28:13] | Of course I did. | 我当然问了 |
[28:14] | She said she and Fordham were talking off the books, | 她说她和福德姆私下商议 |
[28:16] | trying to get Openshaw to come in, so I let it go. | 想办法让奥彭肖自首 所以我就没管 |
[28:19] | But if you’re telling me she literally ran into Openshaw… | 但如果你们告诉我她偶遇了奥彭肖… |
[28:24] | I swear, I never could’ve imagined she would kill anyone. | 我发誓 我绝对想不到她会杀人 |
[28:29] | I am an Assistant U.S. Attorney. | 我是国家助理检察官 |
[28:30] | I’m going to have your badge for this. | 我要为这事拿掉你的警徽 |
[28:34] | Bank transfers | 银行汇款 |
[28:34] | between you and Openshaw’s lawyer, Fordham. | 你给奥彭肖的律师福德姆的 |
[28:37] | You did a pretty good job of hiding them, | 你藏得挺不错的 |
[28:39] | but, uh, they weren’t too hard to find | 不过一旦我们知道要找什么 |
[28:41] | once we knew what we were looking for. | 它们并不难找到 |
[28:44] | Theo Fordham knew exactly what papers were seized | 西奥·福德姆知道从他委托人办公室 |
[28:46] | from his client’s office. | 查封的文件都是些什么 |
[28:47] | When the memos that proved his client knew about the beads | 当证明他的客户知道珠子有毒的备忘录 |
[28:50] | didn’t show up in your court filings, | 没有出现在你的法庭档案中时 |
[28:52] | he realized something was wrong. | 他就知道事有蹊跷 |
[28:53] | If he’d been a more reputable lawyer, | 如果他是一个声誉好的律师 |
[28:55] | he would have gone straight to a judge | 他可能就直接去找法官 |
[28:56] | and gotten the case dismissed. | 让案子撤销 |
[28:57] | But conscious of your promising | 但是考虑到你前途光明的 |
[28:59] | political career, | 政治生涯 |
[29:00] | and knowing that you couldn’t afford to lose, | 并且知道你输不起 |
[29:02] | he decided to blackmail you instead. | 他决定敲诈勒索你 |
[29:05] | Why win one case for a despicable client | 为什么要帮一个卑鄙的委托人打赢官司 |
[29:07] | when he could have a future congresswoman | 而不是将未来国会女议员的把柄 |
[29:08] | in his pocket instead? | 捏在手中呢 |
[29:10] | For his gambit to pay off, however, | 但是为了让他的计划成功 |
[29:12] | he needed your political career to survive. | 他首先需要让你的政治生涯不受影响 |
[29:15] | Openshaw’s disappearance, | 奥彭肖的消失 |
[29:16] | arguably the least embarrassing outcome | 保存了你的颜面 |
[29:18] | for you at this point, became mutually beneficial. | 也为双方都创造了利益 |
[29:21] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[29:21] | Give us some other reason why | 再说几个你为什么 |
[29:23] | you were paying off an opposing counsel. | 会付钱给辩方律师的原因 |
[29:26] | But remember, we have the driver | 但请记住 我们有大巴司机 |
[29:28] | in the van who saw you with Openshaw in the street. | 看到你和奥彭肖一起出现在街上 |
[29:34] | You’re right. | 你们说得对 |
[29:35] | About most of it. | 大部分都对 |
[29:37] | Fordham was blackmailing me. | 福德姆是在敲诈我 |
[29:39] | We did agree to have Openshaw skip bail. | 我们确实决定让奥彭肖保释期逃走 |
[29:40] | But I had nothing to do with those murders. | 但我与那些谋杀完全无关 |
[29:43] | I transferred money into the account | 我昨天早上还把钱转进了 |
[29:45] | I used to pay Fordham yesterday morning. | 付款给福德姆的账户 |
[29:47] | After he and Openshaw were dead. | 就在他和奥彭肖被杀之后 |
[29:49] | I hadn’t heard yet. | 我当时还没听到消息 |
[29:50] | Yeah, we noticed– that doesn’t prove anything. | 我们发现了 但是这说明不了什么 |
[29:52] | No. But you’re obviously very smart. | 是 但你肯定非常聪明 |
[29:54] | Ask yourself this: Why would I do that? | 请问一下自己 我为什么要这么做 |
[29:57] | Just in case you accused me of murder this morning? | 就为了防止你们指控我早上杀人了吗 |
[29:59] | According to you, I’d gone to great lengths | 根据你说的 我不遗余力地 |
[30:01] | to frame Gabe Coleman. | 去陷害加布·科尔曼 |
[30:02] | Why not let that play out? | 为什么不按照那个来 |
[30:03] | And while we’re on the subject of frame-ups, | 既然说到了陷害的话题 |
[30:05] | who pointed you in my direction? | 是谁让你们将目标转向我的 |
[30:07] | The FBI saw your secret meetings with Fordham. | 联邦调查局看到你与福德姆的私会 |
[30:10] | Boden? | 博登 |
[30:11] | Boden said he saw the meetings? | 博登说他看到了私会 |
[30:13] | He was in charge of the surveillance of Fordham, | 他负责监视福德姆的小队 |
[30:15] | was he not? | 不是吗 |
[30:16] | Yeah, at my instruction. | 是啊 是我下的指示 |
[30:19] | I knew their schedule. | 我知道他们的安排 |
[30:20] | I knew where they were every minute of every day. | 他们一天中的每分钟在哪我都知道 |
[30:22] | What kind of an idiot would I have to be | 我到底是有多傻 才会在知道 |
[30:24] | to meet Fordham knowing they were watching? | 他们在监视的时候去与福德姆见面 |
[30:27] | This isn’t a courtroom, Miss White. | 这里不是法庭 怀特女士 |
[30:29] | We are not a jury. | 我们不是陪审团 |
[30:30] | No. You’re an officer of the law. | 是的 但你们是法制警官 |
[30:33] | So I recommend you have a conversation | 所以我建议你们去和 |
[30:35] | with Special Agent Boden as soon as possible. | 博登特工尽快谈一谈 |
[30:39] | I never told the FBI about the materials that went missing. | 我从没告诉联调局具体丢了什么材料 |
[30:41] | So if Boden knew, I have to think | 如果博登知道 那我只能猜测 |
[30:43] | he was the one who took them. | 是他将材料拿走的 |
[30:45] | Why would he do that? | 他为什么要这么做 |
[30:45] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[30:47] | But when you find him, you might want to ask him | 但当你们找到他时 也许应该问问他 |
[30:49] | if he had a reason for killing Openshaw and Fordham. | 他是否有杀掉奥彭肖和福德姆的理由 |
[30:52] | Because I didn’t do it. | 因为不是我干的 |
[30:56] | Captain, a word? | 警监 能说句话吗 |
[31:09] | Easy to see why she enjoyed so much success in the courtroom. | 能看出来她为什么在法庭上屡战屡胜了 |
[31:12] | Do you believe her? | 你相信她吗 |
[31:14] | She made a lot of good points. | 她说了很多让人信服的观点 |
[31:15] | I propose a second visit to Mr. Boden’s home. | 我建议再去一次博登先生的家 |
[31:21] | Go, go, go! | 走走走 |
[31:23] | Clear! | 没人 |
[31:26] | Clear. | 没人 |
[31:31] | All clear here, Captain. | 没人在家 警监 |
[31:33] | Looks like he packed in a hurry. | 看上去他仓促地收拾了东西 |
[31:35] | He’s gone. | 他跑了 |
[31:49] | Captain said the FBI’s cooperating fully with the search, | 警监说联邦调查局很配合搜查 |
[31:52] | but Boden has not been back to his office, | 但是博登没有回办公室 |
[31:53] | has not been in touch with his partner, colleagues or family. | 也没联系他的搭档 同事或家人 |
[31:57] | Have a look at this. | 来看看这个 |
[31:59] | Says he asked to be assigned to the Pipz case | 他是在奥彭肖被捕后 |
[32:01] | after Openshaw had been arrested. | 主动要求加入滚珠案的 |
[32:03] | Mm. Sort of a strange time to come on board. | 这个时间点加入挺奇怪的 |
[32:06] | Not if the point was to gain access to incriminating memos. | 如果是想接触涉案的备忘录就不奇怪了 |
[32:09] | The FBI handles the transport of evidence to | 联调局负责国家检察官办公室 |
[32:11] | and from the U.S. Attorney’s office. | 的证物运输 |
[32:12] | So by getting himself assigned, | 所以加入后 |
[32:14] | he put himself in the perfect position | 他就有绝好的机会可以 |
[32:16] | to steal the files from Ms. White | 从怀特女士那偷走文件 |
[32:18] | and later find and murder Openshaw. | 后来又找到奥彭肖并将其杀害 |
[32:21] | Do you think he was related to one of the affected families? | 你觉得他跟某个被害家庭有关联吗 |
[32:24] | Not according to anything the FBI has shared with us. | 根据联调局提供的资料毫无联系 |
[32:27] | Well, maybe he tangled with Openshaw and Fordham in the past. | 也许他以前跟奥彭肖和福德姆有过节 |
[32:31] | No record of that either. | 也没有相关记录 |
[32:32] | You realize that makes no sense. | 你们明白这说不通吧 |
[32:35] | You’re saying this man, Boden, | 你们说这个叫博登的人 |
[32:37] | stole the only evidence against Openshaw, helping him, | 偷了针对奥彭肖的唯一证据 帮了他 |
[32:40] | only to then track him down and kill him months later? | 几个月后却找到他把他杀掉 |
[32:43] | Why would he do both? | 为何要做这两件事 |
[32:43] | That is the question, is it not? | 这正是问题所在 |
[32:53] | Um, Kitty. | 凯蒂 |
[32:56] | I’m not allowed to look at the Pipz the government seized? | 我不能看政府缴获的滚珠吗 |
[32:58] | Of course you are. It’s just… | 你当然可以 只是… |
[33:05] | I wish I had one right now. | 我希望我现在就有一粒 |
[33:07] | A Pip. | 一粒珠 |
[33:08] | Or is it a Pipz? | 还是该叫一粒滚珠 |
[33:09] | I’d take one. Maybe two. | 我会吞下一两粒 |
[33:11] | Take myself a right old nap. | 好好睡上一觉 |
[33:15] | Sorry, he’s an addict, isn’t he? | 抱歉 他有毒瘾 是吧 |
[33:18] | Not supposed to talk about drugs, certainly not right in front of him. | 不该谈论毒品 特别是当着他的面 |
[33:21] | It’s just I find it quite hard to keep more than a single thought in my head at one time. | 只是我的脑子很难同时处理多个想法 |
[33:26] | Perhaps you should turn in for the night. | 也许你该去睡觉了 |
[33:29] | I’m gonna go out. | 我出去转转 |
[33:30] | Give you two your space. | 给你们俩一点空间 |
[33:33] | Let me know how it works out. | 有什么进展再告诉我 |
[33:38] | Come with me for a moment, would you? | 跟我过来一下行吗 |
[33:57] | How long has that been there? | 这暗格在那有多久了 |
[34:04] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[34:05] | The answers to your questions about Kitty. | 这能解答你对凯蒂的疑问 |
[34:08] | You want to know why her records only go back five years. | 你想知道她的档案为什么只有最近五年的 |
[34:11] | The truth is, she was a victim of a horrific crime. | 事实是 她曾是一件可怕罪案的受害者 |
[34:14] | It left scars. | 对她伤害很深 |
[34:16] | Not to mention a rather strong desire for a new identity. | 而且她极度需要一个新的身份 |
[34:20] | What kind of crime? | 什么案子 |
[34:21] | She was taken. | 她被绑架了 |
[34:22] | By a man. | 被一个男人 |
[34:25] | I didn’t tell you because she wouldn’t want me to. | 我没告诉你是因为她不愿意我说 |
[34:28] | She has no wish to be defined by her victimhood, | 她不愿被人当作受害者对待 |
[34:29] | especially not here, | 特别是在这里 |
[34:32] | where she is attempting yet another new start. | 她想在这有个新的开始 |
[34:36] | But since you’ve already run your background check… | 但既然你已经调查了她的背景… |
[34:42] | The captain is aware. | 警监已经知道了 |
[34:44] | I told her he would have to know | 我告诉她如果她想 |
[34:45] | if she wished to assist me in my work at the precinct. | 协助我在警局的工作就必须让警监知道 |
[34:56] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[34:57] | Don’t be. I would’ve done the same thing. | 没必要 换作我会做同样的事 |
[34:58] | No, | 不 |
[34:59] | not about the background check. I’m sorry about… | 不是关于背景调查 我是对她的遭遇 |
[35:02] | whatever happened to her. | 感到抱歉 |
[35:03] | She’s strong, Watson. Smart. | 她很坚强 华生 很聪明 |
[35:07] | The training I’m attempting to provide her, | 我现在给她提供的训练 |
[35:09] | the same training I provided you, | 正如我曾经提供给你的 |
[35:10] | for her has an ulterior motive. | 对她还有另一层用意 |
[35:13] | It is, in part, an attempt to channel certain… | 在某种意思上 是想利用她 |
[35:15] | residual feelings that she has into a productive skill. | 身为受害人的感受 打造成有助于破案的技能 |
[35:19] | I believe she will make an excellent investigator. | 我相信她会成为一名出色的侦探 |
[35:22] | Just not today. | 但还不是现在 |
[35:32] | She’s right, you know. | 不过她说得没错 |
[35:34] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这完全说不通 |
[35:36] | Why would Boden help Openshaw get away with murder | 为什么博登要帮奥彭肖逃脱谋杀罪 |
[35:38] | and then kill him a few months later? | 几个月后又杀掉他呢 |
[35:47] | What if the two events you were describing, | 会不会你说的这两件事 |
[35:49] | helping Openshaw and killing him, | 帮助奥彭肖和杀害他 |
[35:52] | were not part of the same plan | 不属于同一个计划 |
[35:54] | but rather two independent attempts to achieve the same effect? | 而是为达到相同目的进行的两次尝试呢 |
[35:57] | Which was? | 什么目的 |
[35:58] | An end to the criminal proceedings. | 结束刑事诉讼 |
[36:00] | Stealing the memos should have forced Angela White | 偷走备忘录本该迫使安吉拉·怀特 |
[36:03] | to drop the case. | 放弃本案 |
[36:04] | But instead it had the unintended opposite effect: | 但却起了反效果 |
[36:07] | Fordham blackmailed her, Openshaw fled | 福德姆敲诈她 奥彭肖逃走 |
[36:10] | and the case was left in permanent legal limbo. | 案子就被永久搁置了 |
[36:13] | So Boden killed Openshaw and his lawyer. | 于是博登杀了奥彭肖和他的律师 |
[36:16] | With no one left to prosecute, | 没有了起诉对象 |
[36:20] | the case was brought to a proper conclusion. | 案子终于能做个了结了 |
[36:22] | But why would Boden care about that? | 但博登关心这个做什么 |
[36:57] | Agent Boden, step out of the vehicle. | 博登探员 从车里出来 |
[37:07] | Stop right there! Hands behind your head! | 把车停下 双手背到脑后 |
[37:13] | There’s a term in psychology circles, | 心理学领域有一个术语 |
[37:15] | “Functional fixedness,” | 叫”功能固着” |
[37:17] | the understanding we develop as the brain matures that | 我们在大脑发育过程中形成一种概念 |
[37:20] | a given object has a given function. | 每个物品都有与其对应的功能 |
[37:22] | In layman’s terms, | 外行人看来 |
[37:23] | it’s “The right tool for the right job.” | 就是做任何事都有适合的工具 |
[37:25] | Creativity, on the other hand, | 然而创造力 |
[37:28] | is often defined as the freedom from so limiting a cognitive bias. | 常被认为摆脱了对认知偏见的束缚 |
[37:33] | To his credit, Agent Boden has shown remarkable creativity. | 值得称赞的是 博登探员显示出了卓越的创造力 |
[37:38] | Everyone else | 其他人 |
[37:39] | looked at the seized inventory from Openshaw’s company | 看到从奥彭肖公司缴获的存货 |
[37:41] | and they see a batch of poisoned toys. | 都视其为一堆有毒玩具 |
[37:43] | Agent Boden looked at the very same inventory… | 而在博登探员眼中 他看到… |
[37:45] | And saw millions of dollars in street value of GHB. | 能卖到上百万美金的迷幻剂 |
[37:49] | Drug evidence is typically handled | 缴获的毒品通常都配有 |
[37:50] | with very high security, | 极高的安全措施 |
[37:52] | even when it’s being transported for destruction. | 即使是运输去销毁的时候 |
[37:55] | Because no one else saw the Pipz that way, | 但因为没有人认为滚珠是毒品 |
[37:57] | Boden saw an opportunity for making millions, | 博登看到了大赚一笔的机会 |
[37:59] | simply by paying off a single worker at a waste facility. | 只要收买一个废品处理场的工人就行了 |
[38:02] | All he had to do to collect | 他唯一要做的只是 |
[38:03] | was get the government to release the Pipz. | 让政府不再扣押那批滚珠 |
[38:06] | Took him a couple of tries. Killing Openshaw | 他尝试了两次 杀掉奥彭肖 |
[38:08] | and Fordham finally did the trick. | 和福德姆终于达到了目的 |
[38:12] | You asked some good questions last night. | 你昨晚问了几个很棒的问题 |
[38:16] | It’s a shame you weren’t there | 很可惜答案浮现的时候 |
[38:16] | when the solution presented itself. | 你并不在场 |
[38:19] | If you’re looking for an apology… | 如果你想听我道歉… |
[38:21] | They say that genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains. | 他们说天才对伤痛有无限的忍受力 |
[38:26] | It’s a very bad definition, | 这说法很烂 |
[38:28] | but it does apply to detective work. | 但很适合破案工作 |
[38:31] | You want to be a detective, Kitty, | 你想成为侦探 凯蒂 |
[38:33] | accept that you’ll be taking pains. | 就得接受伤痛 |
[38:47] | Sherlock around? | 夏洛克在吗 |
[38:49] | Meeting. | 在开会 |
[38:52] | I’m taking the opportunity to go through | 借这个机会我在看 |
[38:53] | some of the work you two did in the old days. | 你们以前合作破过的案子 |
[38:58] | Some good stuff here. | 有些很不错的东西 |
[39:07] | Sherlock gave me an envelope. | 夏洛克给了我一个信封 |
[39:11] | He said it would help me understand you a little bit better. | 他说能帮助我更好地了解你 |
[39:16] | Or at least who you were five years ago. | 至少是你五年前的情况 |
[39:18] | He told me. | 他跟我说了 |
[39:21] | You had to see it. | 你应该看看 |
[39:24] | Same as the captain. | 警监也是 |
[39:29] | Just the way it is. | 事实而已 |
[39:31] | Actually, I haven’t seen anything. I didn’t open it. | 其实我什么都没看 我还没打开 |
[39:35] | I figured if the captain has everything he needs then… | 我想如果警监了解了所有情况 那么… |
[39:39] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[39:45] | Anyway, I thought you’d want to know. | 反正 我就跟你说一声 |
[39:47] | I’m supposed to run that back to Sherlock now, am I? | 我要做信差把这些交还给夏洛克 是吗 |
[39:55] | Just read it. | 你就看吧 |
[39:58] | The stuff that’s inside, it’s… | 里面的东西 |
[40:00] | articles, mostly. | 主要是文章 |
[40:01] | There’s an assessment or two. | 一两份评估报告 |
[40:08] | I want you to. | 我希望你看 |
[40:11] | Sherlock keeps saying | 夏洛克总是说 |
[40:12] | that I need to get a better sense of you, | 我需要更加了解你 |
[40:14] | and maybe that will give you a better sense of me. | 也许那些东西能让你更了解我 |
[41:01] | 如需其它字幕 请登陆新浪微博[WEB&BD版美剧字幕精编者] 或发邮件 lj20090303@163.com |