时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – Alistair? – Miss Watson. | -阿里斯泰尔 -华生小姐 |
[00:05] | In London, I had a small part in a radio drama. | 在伦敦 我在广播剧中扮演小角色 |
[00:08] | Sherlock wrote me a letter when he was ten | 1夏洛克十岁时给我写了一封信 |
[00:10] | saying that I, alone, of all the cast, | 说我模仿的约克郡口音 |
[00:12] | truly captured the Yorkshire accent. | 是剧组里最标准的 |
[00:15] | So, eventually, we met, so I could coach him on his nuances. | 最终我们见面了 我指导了一下他的发音 |
[00:18] | We became friends. | 我们成了朋友 |
[00:19] | You knew him when he was using? | 他吸毒的事情你知道吗 |
[00:21] | Nine months ago, he shows up at my flat, at night, | 九个月前的一个晚上 他出现在我家门前 |
[00:24] | so high, he could barely speak. | 毒品让他嗨到说不出话 |
[00:26] | It was very… | 这真的 |
[00:29] | difficult for me. | 让我很难受 |
[00:33] | The time I’ve lost in wooing, in watching and pursuing, | 我穷尽光阴注视 沉醉 追逐着 |
[00:36] | the light that lies in woman’s eyes | 女人眼中流露的光芒 |
[00:38] | has been my heart’s undoing. | 我的心因此湮灭消亡 |
[00:41] | And a good morning to you, too. | 你也早上好啊 |
[00:43] | The time I’ve lost in wooing, | 我穷尽光阴注视 |
[00:45] | in watching and pursuing, | 沉醉 追逐着 |
[00:47] | the light that lies in woman’s eyes, | 女人眼中流露的光芒 |
[00:50] | – has been my heart’s undoing. – That’s Alistair, right? | -我的心因此湮灭消亡 -是阿里斯泰尔 对吧 |
[00:53] | Aye. We’re having breakfast today. | 没错 今天我们要共进早餐 |
[00:55] | I didn’t realize he was still helping you with your accents. | 没想到他现在还在帮你纠正口音 |
[00:57] | I would have thought you had an Irish one in your repertoire. | 我还以为爱尔兰口音是你的自带技能呢 |
[00:59] | The Irish accent is reserved | 爱尔兰口音是指 |
[01:01] | for those people living in Ireland. | 爱尔兰当地人说话的口音 |
[01:02] | This is the distinct cadence and tonality | 这种独特的节奏和音调 |
[01:04] | of the Derry region in Northern Ireland. | 是北爱尔兰的德里地区所特有的 |
[01:08] | Alistair pointed out | 阿里斯泰尔指出 |
[01:08] | that my intonations would never pass muster | 我的语调还达不到德里当地人的标准 |
[01:10] | with a Derry native, so he was kind enough | 所以他好心帮我 |
[01:12] | to record some poems and colloquialisms | 录了几段诗词和日常用语 |
[01:15] | for me to review before our next breakfast. | 供我在下次共进早餐前复习用 |
[01:18] | He’s fit to mind mice at a crossroads. | 他只适合去路口抓老鼠 |
[01:20] | He fit to mind mice at a crossroads. | 他只适合去路口抓老鼠 |
[01:22] | Well, I have to go down to the station | 我打算去警局 |
[01:24] | and give some files back to Marcus. | 把一些文件还给马库斯 |
[01:27] | Keep up with the accent. | 继续练你的口音吧 |
[01:28] | You never know when you’re gonna have to go undercover in Derry. | 说不定什么时候你要去德里办案呢 |
[01:35] | Hey, have you seen Marcus around? | 你看见马库斯了吗 |
[01:37] | No, he’s probably, uh, grabbing coffee. | 没 他大概去 买咖啡了吧 |
[01:40] | Hey, I just got a call from holding that we got | 我刚接到拘留所的电话 |
[01:42] | a guy that’s sick or something. | 有个犯人好像生病了 |
[01:44] | I know you’re not a doctor anymore, but, uh… | 我知道你已经不是医生了 不过… |
[01:46] | I can take a look. | 我去看看吧 |
[01:52] | We’ve already called for a bus. | 我们已经叫救护车了 |
[01:54] | He was moaning and then nothing. | 他躺在地上呻吟 然后就没动静了 |
[01:56] | Can I get a pair of gloves? | 能给我一副手套吗 |
[02:02] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字 |
[02:02] | Apollo Mercer. He’s a known pickpocket. | 阿波罗·默瑟 他是个扒窃惯犯 |
[02:05] | I caught him working Union Square this morning. | 我今早抓到他在联合广场作案 |
[02:08] | Apollo, my name is Joan. | 阿波罗 我叫乔恩 |
[02:10] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:20] | No pulse. | 没有脉搏 |
[02:21] | He’s dead. | 他已经死了 |
[02:22] | Oh, he was fine a few hours ago. | 他几个小时前还好好的 |
[02:25] | Get me the desk officer. | 把这的警务官叫来 |
[02:26] | I want to know what went on in here this morning. | 我要了解一下今早的事情经过 |
[02:30] | I need you to take a step back. | 请你立刻后退一步 |
[02:32] | You should quarantine the prisoners and anyone else | 你必须立刻隔离所有 |
[02:34] | who’s been in contact with him to a different location. | 和他有过接触的囚犯和其他人 |
[02:36] | – What’s going on? – I won’t know for sure | -怎么回事 -我还不能确定 |
[02:37] | until the M.E. runs a few tests, | 需要等法医鉴定的结果 |
[02:38] | but that fluid draining from his mouth is a mixture of | 但从他嘴里流出的液体 |
[02:40] | necrotic tissue and blood. | 是坏死组织和血液的混合物 |
[02:43] | First blush, I’d say he died from anthrax. | 我初步判断 他死于炭疽热 |
[03:30] | So, is this the file of the man who succumbed to the anthrax? | 这是那个死于炭疽热的人的资料吗 |
[03:34] | None of us were exposed, in case you were wondering. | 未免你担心 我们都没有感染 |
[03:36] | My lack of wonder comes not from an absence of concern, | 我不担心不是因为对你们漠不关心 |
[03:37] | but from the obviousness of the answer. | 是因为答案显而易见 |
[03:39] | And the rest of your men? | 你的其他手下呢 |
[03:40] | So far, everyone’s clean. | 目前无人感染 |
[03:43] | Even though it isn’t contagious, we had to | 不过就算没有传染 |
[03:44] | evacuate the precinct until we know | 我们在确认死者是在别处感染之前 |
[03:46] | for sure that the victim was exposed elsewhere. | 必须疏散警局里所有的人 |
[03:49] | Victim being Apollo Mercer. | 死者名叫阿波罗·默瑟 |
[03:51] | Several priors for grand larceny, possession of cocaine. | 有好几次重大盗窃和非法持有可卡因的前科 |
[03:54] | Chased down for pickpocketing in Union Square. | 因为在联合广场行窃被抓 |
[03:56] | The M.E. just sent some preliminary findings. | 法医刚刚送来了初步检测结果 |
[03:58] | A small, torn plastic bag was found | 在死者消化系统内 |
[04:00] | in the victim’s digestive tract. | 发现一个破裂的小塑料袋 |
[04:02] | Lab work on the bag found traces of powderized anthrax. | 袋子上检测出有粉末状炭疽菌的痕迹 |
[04:06] | Well, I guess we know how he got exposed. | 看来那是他的感染源 |
[04:09] | And why he died so quickly. | 也知道了为什么他死得这么快 |
[04:10] | Once that bag ruptured, the anthrax would have gone directly | 一旦袋子破裂 炭疽菌立刻会进入 |
[04:12] | into the mucosal tissues of his GI system. | 他的胃肠道粘膜组织 |
[04:15] | Well, the question is, where did he get it? | 问题是他从哪得到的病菌 |
[04:17] | I didn’t see anything about any terrorist ties | 我没发现他的犯罪前科 |
[04:19] | in his criminal history. | 和恐怖主义有什么关系 |
[04:20] | It’s more likely he acquired the bag from one of his marks, | 很有可能他从别人手里偷来了这个袋子 |
[04:23] | assumed the powder was cocaine. | 以为里面的粉末是可卡因 |
[04:24] | And once the police gave chase, he swallowed it. | 警察抓他的时候 他把袋子吞了下去 |
[04:26] | Or he didn’t want the cops to catch him with anthrax. | 又或者他不让警察发现他身上带着炭疽菌 |
[04:28] | Seems unlikely he would have knowingly swallowed | 他应该不可能在知情的情况下 |
[04:30] | a biological terror agent. | 吞下生物恐怖袭击药剂 |
[04:31] | Especially since his priors suggest | 更何况他有嗑药前科 |
[04:32] | he had a drug problem, not an anthrax problem. | 而不是炭疽前科 |
[04:34] | If you’re right, | 如果你说得对 |
[04:35] | we need to find out who he stole it from. | 我们得找出他是从谁身上偷走的病菌 |
[04:36] | Pull this morning’s security footage from Union Square. | 调出今早联合广场的监控录像 |
[04:39] | All of it. | 全部都要 |
[04:40] | I’ll make sure you two get copies. | 我会复制一份给你们 |
[04:42] | All right, anthrax is in New York again. | 炭疽热重现纽约 |
[04:45] | The first time it happened, in 2001, | 它第一次出现是2001年 |
[04:46] | I was a doctor. | 当时我还是医生 |
[04:48] | All of my patients were panicking. | 所有病人都非常恐慌 |
[04:49] | Anyone with a cough thought they had it. | 有人咳嗽一声 都会被怀疑感染 |
[04:51] | People were hoarding Cipro, just in case. | 人们囤积环丙贝特片 以防万一 |
[04:53] | “Save the Sumatran Orangutan” | “拯救苏门答腊猩猩” |
[04:56] | Mr. Mercer’s fictional charity. | 默瑟先生虚构的慈善活动 |
[04:58] | He told his marks he was collecting donations, | 他告诉他的下手对象他在募集捐款 |
[05:01] | all the while, using his clipboard | 用他的写字板 |
[05:02] | to conceal the hand he was using to rob them. | 来遮掩用来偷窃的手 |
[05:08] | Apollo bumps into someone here. | 阿波罗在这里撞到一个人 |
[05:10] | Maybe that’s when he stole the anthrax. | 也许是这时偷走的炭疽菌 |
[05:17] | Since that move, known as “glad-handing,” is used solely | 那个动作 叫做”热情伸手” |
[05:19] | for removing a watch from a wrist, | 是专门用来从手腕上顺走手表的 |
[05:20] | no, that is not when he stole the anthrax. | 他不是这时候偷的炭疽菌 |
[05:27] | Did something happen this morning? | 今早发生了什么事吗 |
[05:28] | A man rotted from the inside out. Pay attention. | 有人被病菌侵蚀 别开小差 |
[05:30] | I mean with Alistair. | 我是说阿里斯泰尔 |
[05:33] | These screens are too small for my purposes. | 屏幕太小了 |
[05:34] | I’m adjourning to the media room. | 我换到多媒体室去看 |
[05:37] | This is what I’m talking about. | 我想说的就是这个 |
[05:38] | You’ve been in a mood since you got back from breakfast. | 你吃完早餐回来就心情不好 |
[05:40] | Actually, I had to forego our breakfast. | 其实我早餐没吃成 |
[05:41] | – On account of…? Alistair being dead. | -为什么 -阿里斯泰尔死了 |
[05:43] | What? | 什么 |
[05:49] | I arrived first, which was unusual. | 我先到了 这本就不寻常 |
[05:52] | After 20 minutes, I began to think I got the date wrong, | 二十分钟后我开始怀疑自己记错了日期 |
[05:56] | so I called his cell phone. | 所以我打了他的手机 |
[05:57] | His partner, Ian, answered, | 他的男友伊恩接了电话 |
[05:58] | and, uh, told me that Alistair passed away a week ago. | 并告诉我阿里斯泰尔在一周前就去世了 |
[06:04] | Sherlock, I’m so sorry. What happened? | 夏洛克 我很遗憾 怎么回事 |
[06:06] | Heart attack. Quite a massive one, apparently. | 心脏病突发 显然是很致命的那种 |
[06:08] | So he went pretty quickly. | 他很快就去世了 |
[06:11] | Unfortunately, I missed the, uh, funeral. | 不幸的是 我还错过了葬礼 |
[06:14] | I told Ian I’d go ’round tomorrow, pay my respects. | 我告诉伊恩 明天会去登门拜访 |
[06:17] | – Are you okay? You want to talk? – No. | -你还好吗 需要谈谈吗 -不 |
[06:22] | Look here. | 看这儿 |
[06:24] | Yes, our Mr. Mercer is a flimper of quite extraordinary talent. | 默瑟先生真是精于此道 |
[06:26] | He just lifted something out of this man’s breast pocket. | 他刚刚从一个人的胸袋里偷了件东西 |
[06:30] | A wallet? | 一个钱包吗 |
[06:31] | Mm, the police have already accounted | 警方已经找到了 |
[06:32] | for all the wallets Mr. Mercer stole this morning. | 默瑟先生今天早上偷的所有钱包 |
[06:35] | And none of them was from anyone fitting that description. | 没有一个符合那个外形 |
[06:39] | According to this, | 根据这个 |
[06:41] | Mercer dumped a watch, | 默瑟顺了一块手表 |
[06:43] | bracelet, a smart phone and… | 一件手镯 一部智能手机 |
[06:45] | a hard sunglasses case. | 一个硬太阳眼镜盒 |
[06:47] | That is something that you could keep in your breast pocket. | 那正是可以放在胸袋里的东西 |
[06:51] | No sunglasses were recovered, just the case. | 没有找到太阳眼镜 只有盒子 |
[06:54] | Perhaps it was being used to protect | 也许盒子是在运输途中 |
[06:55] | a dangerous biological weapon during transport. | 用于保护危险的化学武器 |
[06:59] | I would say that we’ve just had our first look | 我觉得我们找到了 |
[07:01] | at our anthrax courier, but we still face | 那个携带炭疽菌的人 |
[07:03] | the considerable task of identifying him. | 但想要鉴别他的身份还很困难 |
[07:05] | Actually, it may not be that considerable after all. | 可能并没有那么困难 |
[07:07] | I recognize that man from some of the footage I was reviewing. | 我在之前的录像镜头里看到过他 |
[07:10] | I think I saw… | 我想我看到过 |
[07:12] | Yes, he bought a cup of coffee, right there. | 对 他在这里买了一杯咖啡 |
[07:15] | Paid for it with an app on his phone. | 用手机软件付了钱 |
[07:17] | We may not know his identity, but that coffee truck will. | 我们还不知道他的身份 但咖啡车知道 |
[07:20] | The name is Charlie Simon. | 他名叫查理·西蒙 |
[07:22] | Lives right up here. | 就住在这里 |
[07:23] | Did two years at Allenwood for stealing equipment | 曾因为在哥伦比亚大学医学院的实验室 |
[07:26] | from a lab at Columbia Medical School. | 偷窃器材而在艾伦伍德监狱服刑两年 |
[07:28] | He’d been working there as a tech. | 他曾是那儿的技术人员 |
[07:29] | That’s interesting. | 非常有趣 |
[07:30] | Most major universities keep samples | 很多著名大学会因为实验目的 |
[07:32] | of anthrax for research purposes. | 保留炭疽热样本 |
[07:34] | You think the stuff | 你认为那个小偷 |
[07:35] | that pickpocket swallowed came from Columbia? | 吞下去的东西来自哥伦比亚大学 |
[07:37] | You could never steal that amount of anthrax | 没人能在旁人毫不知情的情况下 |
[07:39] | without someone noticing it was gone from a secure lab. | 从看管严密的实验室里偷取这么多的病毒 |
[07:42] | But given Mr. Simon’s background, all he would need | 但鉴于西蒙的能力 他只需要炭疽芽孢 |
[07:44] | is a spore and a lab to start growing his own. | 和一个实验室就能培养出更多 |
[07:47] | I’m guessing it’s the kind of lab | 我猜就是那种 |
[07:48] | he could set up in his house? | 在家也能建造的实验室 |
[07:53] | Like I said, Charlie’s not here. | 我说过 查理现在不在 |
[07:55] | I don’t think he came home last night. | 我觉得他昨晚没有回来过 |
[07:57] | How do you and Mr. Simon know each other? | 你和西蒙先生是怎么认识的 |
[07:59] | We don’t. | 我们不认识 |
[08:00] | I mean, not really. We’re just roommates. | 我是说我们不熟 我们只是室友 |
[08:02] | My parents bought this place, | 我父母买了这栋房子 |
[08:04] | but I got to cover the mortgage, | 但我得付房贷 |
[08:06] | so I put an ad online about the room. | 所以我就在网上登了租房广告 |
[08:08] | He was the first person who answered. | 他是第一个给我回应的人 |
[08:10] | Did you know he was an ex-con | 你同意和他一起住之前 |
[08:11] | when you asked him to live with you? | 知道他曾有前科吗 |
[08:13] | People make mistakes, right? They deserve second chances. | 人孰无过嘛 他们需要第二次机会 |
[08:16] | Just ’cause a guy did a little time doesn’t mean | 他曾服过刑不代表 |
[08:18] | he can’t be a good roommate. | 他无法成为一个好室友 |
[08:20] | His walks are a little weird, | 他的散步时间有些诡异 |
[08:21] | but nothing I can’t live with. | 但没什么大不了的 |
[08:23] | His walks? | 散步时间 |
[08:25] | He takes three or four every night. | 每天晚上至少出门三到四次 |
[08:27] | Half an hour each time, like clockwork. | 每次半个小时 分秒不差 |
[08:29] | Always comes back smelling like antiseptic or something. | 回来之后总是闻上去有消毒水的味道 |
[08:31] | Like that stuff you put on your hands. | 就像洗手时用的那种东西 |
[08:34] | And you’re sure he was walking, not driving? | 你确定他是徒步 不是开车 |
[08:36] | Positive. He doesn’t have a car. | 没错 他没有车 |
[08:39] | You gonna tell me what this is all about or what? | 你能告诉我这是怎么一回事吗 |
[08:42] | If Charlie Simon has a lab, it’s not in there. | 要是查理真有一个实验室 也不在这里 |
[08:45] | Lab? | 实验室 |
[08:46] | We have reason to believe your roommate was involved | 我们认为你的室友 |
[08:48] | in an anthrax death that occurred | 和今早发生在我们辖区的 |
[08:50] | at our precinct earlier today. | 一起炭疽热死亡案有关系 |
[08:51] | Did Charlie ever express any extreme political views, | 查理是否表达过极端的政治观点 |
[08:53] | any terrorist leanings? | 或者恐怖分子的倾向 |
[08:56] | No, never. | 不 从来没有 |
[08:57] | He-he bitched about his ex-wife a lot, | 他总是发他前妻的牢骚 |
[08:59] | all the alimony he was paying, but… | 和他付的那些抚养费 但是 |
[09:03] | Could you excuse me? | 能失陪一下吗 |
[09:04] | I got to call my mom and dad. | 我得和爸妈打个电话 |
[09:09] | Charlie’s lab must be within walking distance of this place. | 查理的实验室肯定在这里的徒步范围内 |
[09:12] | Anthrax requires frequent monitoring during the growth cycle. | 生长周期内的炭疽菌需要定时照看 |
[09:16] | So you think his walks were less about stretching his legs | 你认为他散步更多的不是为了活动腿脚 |
[09:18] | and more about tending to his spores. | 而是为了照顾他的炭疽芽孢 |
[09:20] | Well, if he smelled like antiseptic, | 如果他闻起来有消毒水的味道 |
[09:21] | he was probably disinfecting himself | 他很有可能是在离开实验室的时候 |
[09:23] | before he left the lab. | 对自己进行消毒 |
[09:24] | So, once he was there, how long do you estimate | 如果他在实验室 你觉得他需要多久 |
[09:27] | it would take him to assess the spores’ progress? | 来完成对炭疽芽孢的评估 |
[09:29] | I’d say no more than ten minutes. | 我认为不到十分钟 |
[09:31] | Making his travel time in each direction also ten minutes. | 那他来回也各需要十分钟 |
[09:33] | – How tall is Mr. Simon? – Five-eleven. | -西蒙先生有多高 -一米七 |
[09:35] | Right. So, the average stride length | 这种身高的人 |
[09:37] | for a man of that height is 1.8 meters. | 平均步长是一点八米 |
[09:40] | An average of 107 steps a minute | 每分钟平均一百零七步 |
[09:41] | gives us a search radius of just over half a mile. | 因此我们的搜索半径是八百米左右 |
[09:45] | Now, given Mr. Simon’s financial woes, | 鉴于西蒙先生财政拮据 |
[09:46] | an entire additional domicile seems unlikely, | 他不可能再有一处永久住宅 |
[09:49] | so we’re looking for a non-residential place | 我们要找的是一处非住宅建筑 |
[09:51] | which would offer privacy and security. | 且同时具备私密性和安全性 |
[09:53] | All right, we’ll pull a list together, get a canvas started. | 好 我们会汇总名单 逐一排查 |
[09:55] | Before we do that, you might want to check out Charlie Simon’s | 在那之前 你们可能会想先检查一下 |
[09:57] | storage unit he was renting. | 查理·西蒙租的储物间 |
[10:00] | It’s right down the street. | 就在这条街上 |
[10:09] | Team One… I think we found the lab. | 一队 我想我们发现了实验室 |
[10:14] | Oddly, I find myself hoping | 很奇怪 我倒希望 |
[10:15] | that Charlie Simon was just planning to kill his ex-wife. | 查理·西蒙只是单纯地想谋杀前妻 |
[10:18] | If he was, then the bag which killed Apollo Mercer | 如果是那样 杀死阿波罗·默瑟的包内 |
[10:22] | may represent the grand total of his efforts. | 就是他的全部成果了 |
[10:31] | Team One, we’ve got a body. | 一队 发现一具尸体 |
[10:35] | So much for asking Charlie Simon how much anthrax he made. | 没法质问查理·西蒙造了多少炭疽菌了 |
[10:50] | So far, no powder. | 目前为止 没有发现粉末 |
[11:00] | Captain, might we get another look at those trays, please? | 队长 请让我们再看看那些托盘 |
[11:10] | They’re all stained red. | 它们都被染成了红色 |
[11:13] | That’s because until recently they contained sheep’s blood agar. | 那是因为直到最近它们一直装着羊血琼脂 |
[11:16] | It is considered the best growth medium | 那被认为是炭疽芽孢 |
[11:18] | for anthrax spores. | 最好的生长介质 |
[11:20] | But there must be over | 这里肯定有超过 |
[11:22] | a hundred empty trays. | 一百个空托盘 |
[11:25] | This lab produced enough anthrax to fill thousands of bags | 这个实验室里生产了足够的炭疽菌来装满 |
[11:27] | like the one which killed Apollo Mercer. | 上千袋杀死了阿波罗·默瑟那样的包裹 |
[11:30] | And it’s all gone. | 而现在东西全没了 |
[11:43] | As you all know, our stationhouse | 你们已经知道了 我们警局 |
[11:45] | has been declared anthrax-free. | 已经被证明没有炭疽威胁 |
[11:47] | Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for our city. | 不幸的是 我们的城市可能有威胁 |
[11:51] | That’s because we believe that Charlie Simon | 因为我们相信查理·西蒙 |
[11:54] | produced over 40 pounds of weaponized anthrax. | 生产了超过四十磅的武器级炭疽菌 |
[11:58] | That’s enough to infect half a million people. | 那足够感染五十万人口了 |
[12:02] | And it’s all missing. | 而且全部下落不明 |
[12:03] | Now, CSU found two sets of fingerprints | 犯罪现场调查组在储物柜里 |
[12:06] | in the storage locker. | 发现了两组指纹 |
[12:07] | One was Simon’s, | 一个是西蒙的 |
[12:08] | and the other one belonged to this man, | 另一个是这个人的 |
[12:10] | Eugene MacIntosh. | 尤金·麦金托什 |
[12:12] | Eugene did three years in Allenwood after he assaulted a census worker. | 尤金曾因为袭击人口普查人员在艾伦伍德监狱待了三年 |
[12:18] | Unlike Charlie, Eugene has definite radical leanings. | 跟查理不同 尤金有明显的激进倾向 |
[12:21] | He’s associated with a gang of extremists | 他和一群叫做领袖军的 |
[12:23] | called the Sovereign Army. | 极端主义分子有联系 |
[12:24] | These guys hate the government, including the NYPD. | 这些家伙们痛恨政府 包括纽约警局 |
[12:27] | But they’re big fans | 他们崇尚暴力 |
[12:28] | of violence and the Second Amendment. | 是第二修正案的狂热支持者 |
[12:30] | So we should all tread carefully. | 所以我们都应该谨慎行事 |
[12:31] | Finding Eugene MacIntosh is our best shot | 找到尤金·麦金托什是我们追踪炭疽的 |
[12:34] | at tracking the anthrax– but like Detective Bell said, | 最好机会 但正如贝尔警探所说 |
[12:37] | he should be considered armed and dangerous. | 应该认为他很危险并配有武器 |
[12:40] | We believe he is responsible for the killing of Charlie Simon. | 我们相信他应该对谋杀查理·西蒙负责 |
[12:44] | All right. | 就这样吧 |
[12:48] | Do you mind telling me where Holmes wandered off to? | 你能告诉我福尔摩斯到哪溜达去了吗 |
[12:51] | He had some personal business he had to attend to. | 他有些私事需要亲自去处理 |
[12:53] | More important than a would-be terrorist | 比潜在的四十磅炭疽的 |
[12:55] | with 40 pounds of anthrax? | 恐怖袭击还重要 |
[12:57] | It’s personal. | 是私事 |
[12:57] | – Said he was gonna join us later. – Okay. | -他说会晚点和我们汇合的 -好吧 |
[13:00] | MacIntosh has a brother named Bart | 麦金托什有位叫巴特的弟弟 |
[13:01] | who owns a dairy farm upstate. | 在州北部经营一家奶牛场 |
[13:03] | Bell’s gonna take a ride and go see him. | 贝尔会驾车去见见他 |
[13:06] | I’d like you to join him. | 我想让你和他一起 |
[13:07] | Sure. | 好的 |
[13:13] | Sherlock. | 夏洛克 |
[13:15] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[13:17] | My condolences for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[13:21] | Please, come in. | 请进 |
[13:28] | I’m sorry I didn’t get in touch when Alistair passed. | 很抱歉阿里斯泰尔过世时我没有联系你 |
[13:33] | I know you were friends for a very long time. | 我知道你们是很久的朋友了 |
[13:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:39] | A privilege which afforded me a view of his life before | 很荣幸我能了解到他在遇到你 |
[13:42] | and after he met you. | 前后的生活情况 |
[13:46] | You made him very happy… Ian. | 你让他非常开心 伊恩 |
[13:52] | Before I forget… | 趁我还没忘记 |
[13:56] | I’ve got something… | 我有东西给你 |
[14:01] | Here it is. | 在这里 |
[14:05] | First edition. | 第一版 |
[14:07] | Signed. | 签过名的 |
[14:08] | 《等待戈多》 萨缪尔·贝克特创作的一出荒诞派戏剧 | |
[14:09] | The first play you ever saw Alistair in, | 如果我没搞错的话 这是你 |
[14:12] | if I’m not mistaken. | 阿里斯泰尔参演的第一部戏 |
[14:14] | His Vladimir was quite riveting. | 他演的弗拉迪米尔十分引人入胜 |
[14:16] | He would want you to have it. | 他会希望你留着它的 |
[14:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:24] | You have questions, I can tell. | 我能感觉出来 你有问题要问 |
[14:30] | It had been a month since I’d seen him, so… | 距离我上次见他已经有一个月时间了 |
[14:34] | how was he? | 他那时怎么样 |
[14:36] | He was happy. | 他很开心 |
[14:38] | Pink of health. | 健康极了 |
[14:40] | Just finished rehearsing for a new production. | 刚结束一部新作的彩排 |
[14:43] | A small theater but a big role. | 剧场不大但角色很重要 |
[14:46] | He was looking forward to being back on the boards. | 他很期待重返舞台 |
[14:49] | Nothing unusual? | 没什么不正常的吗 |
[14:51] | No. | 没有 |
[14:52] | What about Jeremy? | 那杰米怎么样了 |
[14:55] | What about Jeremy? | 杰米怎么样 |
[14:57] | Well, had you seen him recently? | 你最近有见过他吗 |
[15:02] | You know how it was between them. | 你知道他们之间的事 |
[15:04] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我知道 |
[15:06] | That’s why I’m asking. | 所以我才问的 |
[15:08] | They had dinner about a week ago. | 大概一周前他们一起吃过晚餐 |
[15:11] | And…? | 然后呢 |
[15:13] | Alistair didn’t talk about it. | 阿里斯泰尔没提这事 |
[15:15] | Which is hardly unusual. | 这也很正常 |
[15:23] | What are you getting at, Sherlock? | 夏洛克 你想表达什么 |
[15:27] | I’m having trouble reconciling Alistair’s passing | 我难以接受阿里斯泰尔的离世 |
[15:30] | with his… | 鉴于他的 |
[15:34] | his vitality. | 他的活力 |
[15:37] | His joie de vivre. | 他的生活之乐 |
[15:40] | I mean, I can’t help but wonder | 我忍不住在想 |
[15:41] | if there’s more to this… | 事情的真相是否 |
[15:43] | than meets the eye. | 并非如此 |
[15:49] | I swear, my brother may be | 我发誓 我哥哥可能是 |
[15:51] | the stupidest smart person I’ve ever met. | 我见过的最蠢的聪明人 |
[15:54] | In high school, he’s the one who got straight A’s. | 高中时 他的成绩一直是A |
[15:56] | He aced his S.A.T.s. | 他的SAT考试成绩优异[美国学术能力评估测验] |
[15:58] | Then he gets mixed up with those | 后来他和那些领袖军的蠢货们 |
[15:59] | Sovereign Army idiots; ends up in prison. | 搞在了一起 进了监狱 |
[16:02] | And now you’re telling me | 现在你们告诉我说 |
[16:02] | – he’s doing it again. – Well, it looks that way, | -他又犯事了 -看起来是这样 |
[16:05] | but we’d like to get his side of the story. | 但我们想听听他怎么说 |
[16:06] | Well, I’m sorry, but I haven’t seen him in almost a month. | 很抱歉 我差不多有一个月没见过他了 |
[16:10] | Every time he comes by here, we just end up arguing. | 每次他来这里 我们都以争吵收场 |
[16:12] | About what? | 为什么吵 |
[16:14] | Name it. | 什么都有 |
[16:15] | Football, church, the color of the grass. | 橄榄球 教堂 草地的颜色 |
[16:19] | He hates that I take money from the government | 他讨厌我从政府领钱 |
[16:20] | to keep this place running. | 来维持这里的运营 |
[16:21] | Doesn’t matter to him that our dad | 他不在乎我们的父亲 |
[16:23] | worked this place till the day he died. | 直到死都工作在这里 |
[16:25] | Doesn’t matter that I’m this close to going under. | 也不在乎我差这么一点儿就要破产了 |
[16:27] | That must be very hard for you. | 对你来说一定很艰难 |
[16:29] | He even has a problem with our mother | 他甚至对我们的母亲 |
[16:30] | taking Social Security and Medicare. | 领社保医保都有意见 |
[16:32] | Never mind that he can’t be bothered to make the | 更别说他连开车四十分钟 |
[16:34] | – 40-minute drive to go visit her at her house. – Mr. MacIntosh, | -去她家看望她都不愿意 -麦金托什先生 |
[16:37] | do you have any idea where we might find Eugene? | 你知道我们在哪儿能找到尤金吗 |
[16:40] | I told you, I haven’t seen him in a month. | 我告诉过你了 我有一个月没有见过他了 |
[16:45] | Detective Bell didn’t ask if you’ve seen Eugene, | 贝尔警探没问你有没有见过尤金 |
[16:48] | he asked if you know where we can find him. | 他是问你是否知道我们在哪能找到他 |
[16:50] | Mr. MacIntosh… | 麦金托什先生 |
[16:54] | Me and Eugene might not see eye to eye on a lot of things, | 我和尤金对很多东西的看法都不同 |
[16:58] | but he’s still my brother. | 但他始终是我哥哥 |
[17:00] | When Eugene went to prison that first time, | 尤金第一次入狱的时候 |
[17:01] | it almost killed my mom. | 我妈妈悲痛欲绝 |
[17:04] | Can you blame me for not wanting to be | 所以我不想再把他送进监狱 |
[17:05] | the one who sends him back there? | 也算情有可原吧 |
[17:07] | You brother might be involved in a plot | 你的哥哥可能涉及了一起 |
[17:08] | that could hurt a lot of innocent people. | 会伤害很多无辜之人的阴谋 |
[17:09] | If he succeeds, how will your mother feel about that? | 如果他得逞 你的母亲会作何感想 |
[17:14] | Watson. | 华生 |
[17:15] | Hey. Marcus and I are on our way back from talking | 马库斯和我刚跟尤金·麦金托什的弟弟谈完话 |
[17:17] | to Eugene MacIntosh’s brother. | 现在正在回来的路上 |
[17:19] | He gave us the address to a house in Cambria Heights. | 他给了我们一个位于坎布瑞亚高地的地址 |
[17:22] | He thinks that Eugene and his Sovereign Army buddies | 他觉得尤金和他的领袖军弟兄们 |
[17:25] | crash there sometimes. | 有时会在那里过夜 |
[17:26] | – 1313 Linden. – Well, as luck would have it, | -林登路1313号 -真走运 |
[17:29] | I’m already in Queens. I could be there in 15 minutes. | 我已经在皇后区了 15分钟内就可以赶到那里 |
[17:31] | Then you’ll beat ESU. They’re mobilizing right now. | 那你比急勤小组还快 他们正要出动 |
[17:34] | Gave us an ETA of a half an hour. | 跟我们说大概半个小时抵达 |
[17:36] | Well, I’ll keep an eye on the place, | 那我就盯着那个地方 |
[17:38] | and I’ll await their arrival and yours. | 等着他们和你们过来 |
[17:41] | Hey, how did it go with Ian today? | 伊恩今天情况怎么样 |
[17:44] | I’ll see you soon, Watson. | 一会儿见 华生 |
[17:55] | You don’t look well, Sherlock. | 你看起来不太好 夏洛克 |
[18:03] | Well, it’s no thanks to you. | 跟你没关系 |
[18:06] | Rough week? | 这周过得不顺吗 |
[18:12] | Certainly no rougher than yours. | 肯定比你好 |
[18:13] | Had I known I was gonna die, I’d have pulled up our breakfast. | 如果我知道我快死了 我会取消早餐的 |
[18:18] | You mustn’t be mad, Sherlock. | 你别这么生气 夏洛克 |
[18:20] | I’ll be whatever I like, thanks very much. | 我想怎样就怎样 谢谢你关心 |
[18:26] | So… | 那么 |
[18:28] | who are we watching for? | 我们在盯谁呢 |
[18:30] | A thief? A forger? | 小偷 伪造者 |
[18:32] | A murderer most foul? | 最恶毒的谋杀犯 |
[18:33] | “We” are watching for no one. | “我们”谁都不盯 |
[18:36] | You’re not even here. | 你甚至都不在这儿 |
[18:38] | Aren’t I? | 我不在吗 |
[18:51] | Those cases… are they what you’re looking for? | 那些箱子 你就是在找那些吗 |
[18:58] | It’s impossible to tell. | 这可没办法知道 |
[19:02] | No, no, wait. It’s not. | 不 等等 有办法 |
[19:04] | Uh, Sherlock… | 夏洛克 |
[19:36] | 罗杰·本森议员 美国众议院 | |
[19:38] | Hey! You just made the worst mistake of your life. | 你刚刚犯下了人生中最大的错误 |
[19:47] | Hey. We’re en route. | 我们正在路上 |
[19:48] | ESU should be there in five minutes. | 急勤小组五分钟之后抵达 |
[19:53] | Please advise them to wear HAZMAT gear. | 请让他们穿上危险品防护装备 |
[19:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:58] | I think I’ve found the missing anthrax. | 我想我找到丢失的炭疽菌了 |
[20:19] | For the last time, I’ve not been exposed to anthrax. | 最后说一次 我没有接触炭疽菌 |
[20:22] | Watson, you’re a doctor. Examine me. Tell her I’m fine. | 华生 你是医生 检查我 告诉她我没事 |
[20:25] | What are you talking about? You said on the phone | 你在说什么呢 你在电话里说 |
[20:26] | that you were covered in powder. | 你浑身都是粉末 |
[20:28] | I did, and I was. But that was before | 我的确说过我浑身都是粉末 但后来 |
[20:29] | I was able to properly assess it, and upon tasting it… | 我冷静下来 尝了粉末之后 |
[20:32] | You tasted the anthrax? | 你尝了炭疽菌 |
[20:33] | Upon tasting it, I realized it was a harmless blend | 我尝了之后 才发现那只是无害的 |
[20:36] | of talcum powder and baby laxative. | 爽身粉和婴儿泻药的混合物 |
[20:37] | But no one here will listen to me! | 但这里的人都不听我的 |
[20:40] | I’m sorry I didn’t inform you sooner. | 我很抱歉没有早点告诉你 |
[20:41] | It’s just a team of HAZMAT-suited idiots confiscated my phone, | 只是有一队穿着防化服的白痴没收了我的手机 |
[20:44] | and my coat and my trousers. | 还有我的外套和我的裤子 |
[20:48] | Feel free to express your jubilation at any time. | 你可以随时表达你的喜悦之情 |
[20:50] | Do you want to tell me why you thought it was | 你是否打算告诉我为什么你觉得 |
[20:51] | a good idea to break into that truck alone? | 独自闯入那辆卡车是个好主意呢 |
[20:53] | As I told you, I saw two suspicious men carrying suspicious boxes | 我跟你说了 我看到两个可疑的人把可疑的箱子 |
[20:56] | into a suspicious truck. I feared it was the anthrax | 搬进一辆可疑的卡车里 我怕那就是炭疽菌 |
[20:58] | and that they might abscond with it. | 他们可能会带着它跑掉 |
[21:00] | And I told you that ESU was moments away. | 我也跟你说了 急勤小组很快就到 |
[21:01] | All you had to do was take down the license plate. | 你只需要记下车牌号就行了 |
[21:03] | Look, I’m fine, but you’re still carrying on as if I’m not. | 我没事 但你搞得就好像我有事一样 |
[21:05] | Okay, you are obviously not fine, and if I had to guess, | 你显然有事 而且如果要我猜的话 |
[21:07] | it has to do with Alistair. | 跟阿里斯泰尔有关 |
[21:09] | He died. It’s sad. | 他死了 真叫人难过 |
[21:11] | End of discussion. | 话题到此为止 |
[21:12] | The lab did a rush on that powder. | 实验室火速分析了那些粉末 |
[21:15] | You were right–it isn’t anthrax. | 你说得对 不是炭疽菌 |
[21:17] | I know. Does this mean I’m released from quarantine? | 我知道 是不是我可以解除隔离了 |
[21:20] | I’ll square it with the hospital. | 我会与医院去协调的 |
[21:21] | But what I would really welcome | 但其实我更想知道的是 |
[21:23] | is the actual whereabouts of Eugene MacIntosh or the actual anthrax. | 尤金·麦金托什或真正的炭疽菌在哪里 |
[21:28] | Actually, Captain, I’m quite convinced that | 警探 实际上 我确信 |
[21:29] | we can start treating those two targets as one. | 我们可以将这两个目标合二为一 |
[21:31] | I think that Eugene is still in possession of the anthrax, | 我认为炭疽菌还在尤金手上 |
[21:33] | and I’ve got a notion as to how we can find him. | 而且我也想到如何能找到他了 |
[21:36] | But first, trousers. | 但首先 给我裤子 |
[21:40] | My name… is Joe. | 我的名字叫做乔 |
[21:44] | Bey. | 贝 |
[21:45] | Well, according to your rap sheet, it’s Kurt. | 根据你的前科档案 应该是科特 |
[21:48] | Greenlee. | 格林李 |
[21:50] | Kurt Greenlee is a slave name issued to me by a corporate entity. | 科特·格林李是一家公司给我的奴隶名 |
[21:55] | I don’t recognize the U.S. Government, so stop saying it. | 我不承认美国政府 所以别说那个名字了 |
[21:59] | Call me Joe Bey. | 叫我乔·贝 |
[22:02] | Mr. Bey, we know that Eugene MacIntosh is an associate of yours. | 贝先生 我们知道尤金·麦金托什是你的同伴 |
[22:06] | If you say so. | 随你怎么说 |
[22:08] | Actually, I don’t; his brother does. | 实际上 不是我说的 是他弟弟说的 |
[22:10] | Doesn’t mean I’m gonna help you find him. | 那也不代表我会帮你们找到他 |
[22:12] | We seized the contents of your rental truck, | 我们查封了你租来的卡车里的物品 |
[22:15] | including the envelopes you had ready for anthrax, | 包括你准备用来装炭疽菌的信封 |
[22:18] | all 500 hundred of them, addressed to… | 一共有五百封 准备寄给 |
[22:22] | government officials. | 政府官员 |
[22:24] | Yeah, I was gonna write some letters | 没错 我是写了一些信 |
[22:25] | to some so-called congressmen. | 给所谓的议员们 |
[22:28] | Last I checked, that’s still legal. | 据我所知 那是合法的 |
[22:30] | And I don’t have any anthrax. | 而且我没有任何炭疽菌 |
[22:33] | You just ran a whole mess of tests proving that. | 你们已经搞了一大通检验证明了这一点 |
[22:35] | Just some jars of harmless white powder, also totally legal. | 只是几罐无害的白色粉末 这也完全合法 |
[22:40] | Tax evasion isn’t legal. | 逃税可不合法 |
[22:42] | Possession of guns with rubbed-off serial numbers isn’t legal. | 持有擦掉了序列号的枪也不合法 |
[22:46] | You’re looking at serious jail time. | 你正面临严重的牢狱之灾 |
[22:49] | I’d rather serve every minute than play ball with a… | 我可不愿意把时间浪费在 |
[22:52] | bunch of government stooges. | 一帮政府走狗身上 |
[22:55] | You’re quite a high-ranking officer in your little… | 你在你们的小军队里面身居高位 |
[22:57] | army, are you not? | 对吗 |
[22:59] | I’d even venture that you were in charge of the plan | 我甚至敢打赌就是你在负责这个 |
[23:02] | to send anthrax to the government. | 把炭疽菌寄给政府的计划 |
[23:04] | Like I said before, what anthrax? | 就像我之前说的 什么炭疽菌 |
[23:07] | Right. You were never in possession of actual anthrax. | 没错 你从来就没拥有过真正的炭疽菌 |
[23:11] | Though you are forgetting I was there | 但是你忘了 今晚你苏醒的时候 |
[23:14] | when you regained consciousness tonight. | 我就在现场 |
[23:16] | And when you realized | 当你发现 |
[23:17] | that you’d been exposed to this harmless white powder, | 你接触到了这些无害的白色粉末时 |
[23:19] | you panicked. | 你慌了 |
[23:21] | You attempted to wipe it from your skin and from your clothes. | 你试图把那粉末从你皮肤上 衣服上擦干净 |
[23:25] | You thought it was real. | 你以为那是真的 |
[23:27] | We know that Charlie Simon made legitimate, | 我们知道查理·西蒙做了真的 |
[23:28] | lethal anthrax– someone paid him to do that, | 致命的炭疽菌 有人花钱雇他做的 |
[23:31] | paid for his lab. | 还付钱建了他的实验室 |
[23:33] | We went over Eugene’s financial records today. | 我们今天查了尤金的财务记录 |
[23:37] | he never had that kind of money. | 他没有那么大一笔钱 |
[23:38] | You, on the other hand, | 而你 |
[23:39] | ran a very successful, if unpermitted, bar. | 经营一家非常成功不知道有没有执照的酒吧 |
[23:43] | And I hear from the feds | 我听联调局说 |
[23:45] | you’re the kind of guy who’s always looking to invest in… | 你是那种总是伺机投资 |
[23:48] | worthy causes. | 值得投资的项目的人 |
[23:51] | Poisoning a bunch of politicians, for example. | 比如毒害一帮政客 |
[23:55] | Eugene fleeced you. | 尤金骗了你 |
[23:57] | He sold you fake anthrax, | 他卖给你假的炭疽菌 |
[23:58] | and he kept the genuine article for himself. | 把真的自己留着了 |
[24:03] | Now, we may be stooges, Mr. Bey, | 我们或许是走狗 贝先生 |
[24:07] | but we are in a position to punish him | 但我们可以惩罚他 |
[24:10] | and you are not. | 你不行 |
[24:12] | So… | 所以 |
[24:15] | are you sure you don’t want to help us? | 你确定你不想帮我们吗 |
[24:26] | Captain Gregson. | 格雷森警监 |
[24:27] | Eugene MacIntosh just responded to that e-mail Joe Bey sent. | 尤金·麦金托什刚刚回复了乔·贝发的邮件 |
[24:31] | The meet is on for tomorrow at noon. | 明天中午见面 |
[24:33] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[24:34] | It will be if we can grab him and the anthrax. | 如果我们能抓住他找到炭疽菌就会很好 |
[24:37] | I mean, we know what Joe Bey had in plans for the stuff. | 我们知道乔·贝对这细菌有什么计划 |
[24:39] | But MacIntosh… no one has a clue. | 但是麦金托什有什么计划就没人知道了 |
[24:42] | On the plus side, we know why charlie Simon had that baggie on him | 另外 我们知道查理·西蒙被偷那晚 |
[24:47] | the night his pocket got picked. | 他带着那小袋子干什么了 |
[24:48] | Joe Bey said he wanted to take it for a test-drive, use it on a few animals, | 乔·贝说他想要在几个动物身上试验一下 |
[24:53] | see how fast it worked. | 看起效有多快 |
[24:55] | Lovely. | 真不错 |
[24:56] | Do me a favor and catch your partner up. | 帮我个忙 跟你搭档说一说 |
[24:58] | I called him, but he didn’t pick up. | 我给他打电话了 但他不接 |
[25:01] | Yes, I will. | 好的 |
[25:01] | He went to the boxing gym the second we got home. | 我们一回家他就去拳击馆了 |
[25:03] | I think he needed some time for himself. | 我想他需要点私人时间 |
[25:06] | Well, he and I are still gonna have a little talk | 我还是要跟他谈谈 |
[25:07] | about that stunt he pulled today. | 他今天搞的那一场惊险事故 |
[25:10] | Feel free to tell him I said so. | 你可以把我的话告诉他 |
[25:12] | Okay, I will. | 好的 |
[25:21] | I’m looking for Sherlock Holmes. | 我找夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[25:24] | He’s not here right now. | 他现在不在 |
[25:25] | Do you know when he’ll be back? | 你知道他什么时候能回来吗 |
[25:27] | I don’t. I can give him a message. | 不知道 我可以帮你留个口信 |
[25:31] | Tell him Jeremy came by. | 告诉他杰米来过了 |
[25:33] | And tell him I don’t appreciate him insinuating to Ian | 我也对他向伊恩暗示 |
[25:36] | that I had anything to do with my dad’s death. | 我跟我爸爸的死有关很不满 |
[25:38] | Wait, you’re Alistair’s son? | 等等 你是阿里斯泰尔的儿子 |
[25:41] | I was. | 我曾经是 |
[25:44] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[25:45] | Sherlock said that your father died of a heart attack. | 夏洛克说你父亲死于心脏病 |
[25:47] | Well, then he lied to you. | 那他骗了你 |
[25:49] | Because that’s not what happened. | 因为事实不是这样 |
[25:58] | Morning. | 早 |
[26:01] | If you haven’t checked your e-mail recently, | 以防你最近没查看你的邮箱 |
[26:02] | Detective Bell says he will notify us | 贝尔警探说一拘留尤金·麦金托什 |
[26:03] | the moment Eugene MacIntosh is in custody. | 就会告诉我们 |
[26:06] | I spoke to Captain Gregson last night. | 我昨晚和格雷森警监通电话了 |
[26:07] | I’m up to speed. | 进展我知道 |
[26:12] | When were you gonna tell me about Alistair? | 阿里斯泰尔的事你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[26:14] | His son Jeremy came here last night. | 他儿子杰米昨晚来了 |
[26:15] | He was upset about some things you said to Ian. | 他对你和伊恩说的话很生气 |
[26:18] | I told you the truth. | 我跟你说的是实话 |
[26:20] | Alistair’s heart stopped beating. | 阿里斯泰尔的心脏停止了跳动 |
[26:21] | Because of a heroin overdose, a massive heroin overdose. | 因为海洛因过量 海洛因严重过量 |
[26:24] | I know that he was found with a needle in his arm. I know it all. | 我知道他被发现手臂上有针眼 我什么都知道 |
[26:28] | Well, good for you. | 很好 |
[26:29] | It must be nice, knowing it all. I myself do not. | 什么都知道一定很好 我就不是都知道 |
[26:35] | You lied. Why? | 你撒谎了 为什么 |
[26:37] | You were unaware of Alistair’s history. | 你不知道阿里斯泰尔的过去 |
[26:39] | In accordance with the traditions of the Program, | 依照这种项目的传统 |
[26:41] | I felt obligated to protect his privacy. | 我觉得有必要保护他的隐私 |
[26:43] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[26:44] | Well, I don’t care that you don’t believe me. | 我不在乎你信不信 |
[26:46] | Well, I do care that you almost got yourself killed last night. | 我很在乎你昨晚差点把自己弄死 |
[26:48] | And I know that Jeremy cares that you left Ian wondering | 我也知道杰米很在乎你让伊恩怀疑 |
[26:50] | if he was the reason why Alistair overdosed. | 他是阿里斯泰尔吸毒过量的原因 |
[26:53] | Jeremy never forgave Alistair for leaving his mother. | 杰米一直没原谅阿里斯泰尔离开了他的母亲 |
[26:56] | He went ten years without even speaking to the man. | 他十年都没跟他父亲说过话 |
[26:57] | That’s not really what’s bothering you, right? | 你并不是烦恼这个 是不是 |
[27:04] | As you know, | 正如你所知 |
[27:05] | Alistair and I became friends when, uh…. | 阿里斯泰尔和我在… |
[27:07] | when I was quite young. | 在我很年轻是就成为了朋友 |
[27:10] | His addiction was a thing of the past. | 他的毒瘾是过去的事 |
[27:11] | Mine was a thing of the future. | 我的毒瘾是后来的事 |
[27:13] | I didn’t even know about his difficulties until-until much later. | 在很久之后我才知道他的困难 |
[27:17] | For the first decade of our relationship, we didn’t discuss it. | 我们认识的前十年 我们没有讨论过 |
[27:21] | When I began my own misadventures with chemical dependence, | 当我开始吸毒的时候 |
[27:25] | he tried to warn me; I didn’t listen. | 他试图告诫我 但我没听 |
[27:29] | Nevertheless, he welcomed me with open arms | 不管怎样 当我出现在纽约他的家门前时 |
[27:31] | when I showed up on his doorstep in New York, | 他张开双臂欢迎了我 |
[27:33] | just brimming with opiates. | 而我那时还嗜毒成性 |
[27:35] | He told me about that. | 他跟我说过 |
[27:37] | Most recovering addicts would not have taken the risk. | 大部分正在戒毒的人不会冒这个风险 |
[27:39] | He wasn’t most addicts. | 他不是大部分戒毒的人 |
[27:40] | He had 30 years under his belt. 30 years. | 他戒毒成功了30年 30年 |
[27:45] | Can you even imagine… | 你能想象… |
[27:52] | I just wanted to know what it was. | 我只是想知道到底是为什么 |
[27:54] | Was it… was it a fight? An affair? | 是因为吵架 恋情 |
[27:59] | If I can identify the trigger, maybe… | 如果我能找出刺激源 或许… |
[28:04] | My rational brain tells me | 我理智的大脑告诉我 |
[28:05] | that relapse is-is always a risk for any addict. | 每个戒过毒的人都有可能复吸 |
[28:09] | Of course. | 很正常 |
[28:14] | But his death is, um… | 但他的死… |
[28:17] | blindsided me. | 让我出乎意料 |
[28:18] | And it bothers me that it bothers me. | 这事让我很困扰 |
[28:23] | He was your friend. | 他是你的朋友 |
[28:30] | Next month, I’ll have two years sober. | 下个月 我就戒毒两周年了 |
[28:34] | Alistair was sober for over three decades. | 阿里斯泰尔戒毒三十多年了 |
[28:42] | You know, in time, I would have discussed this with you. | 有时间我会跟你说的 |
[28:45] | Every bit of it. | 所有的都告诉你 |
[28:48] | I just need to try and… | 我只是需要努力… |
[29:00] | It’s Captain Gregson. | 是格雷森警监 |
[29:01] | Captain. | 警监 |
[29:02] | I thought you should know the meet is off. | 我想应该告诉你们见面取消了 |
[29:04] | We found Eugene without Bey’s help. | 我们在没有贝帮忙的情况下找到了尤金 |
[29:07] | How? | 怎么找到的 |
[29:07] | He showed up at his brother’s dairy farm this morning. | 他今早去了他弟弟的奶牛场 |
[29:10] | They fought and the brother ended up shooting him. | 他们打了起来 他弟弟给了他一枪 |
[29:13] | Eugene is dead. | 尤金死了 |
[29:24] | I shot my brother because I had to. | 我不得已才朝我哥哥开了枪 |
[29:27] | He didn’t leave me any choice. | 他逼我的 |
[29:29] | The D.A. from your county seems to agree with you. | 你那的地方检察官好像也是这样想的 |
[29:32] | You said he came to the farm around 3:00 A.M.? | 你说他在凌晨三点多去的农场 |
[29:35] | The perimeter alarm went off. | 周界警报响了 |
[29:38] | Uh, I got out of bed, grabbed my rifle, | 我起了床 拿出了我的步枪 |
[29:41] | went out to take a look around. | 出去想看个究竟 |
[29:44] | I found Eugene in the barn. | 我在谷仓里发现了尤金 |
[29:46] | He was wearing goggles. | 他戴着防护镜 |
[29:48] | He had a mask over his mouth, like, uh, doctors wear. | 嘴上戴着口罩 就是医生那种 |
[29:52] | And he was dumping some kind of powder into the cattle feed. | 他在向牛饲料里倒某种粉末 |
[29:56] | And I knew it was that anthrax you told me about. | 我知道那就是你跟我说过的炭疽菌 |
[29:59] | Then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[30:00] | He wanted to infect the cows | 他想感染牛群 |
[30:02] | so that their milk would infect anyone who drank it. | 然后任何喝了牛奶的人都会被感染 |
[30:05] | I-I said we were talking about innocent people, kids. | 我说那些可都是无辜的人和孩子们 |
[30:11] | I said, “Stop. I’m not gonna let you do this.” | 我说 住手 我不会让你这么做的 |
[30:14] | But he just ranted at me, like he always does. | 但他只是冲我大吼大叫 他一直这样 |
[30:18] | Big government nonsense and… | 政府高压统治什么的 |
[30:20] | I was a slave to the system. | 说我是系统的奴隶 |
[30:24] | He went for his gun, and… | 他伸手去拔枪 然后… |
[30:26] | that’s when I-I… | 然后我就… |
[30:29] | Is this the weapon you saw? | 你看到的武器是这个吗 |
[30:32] | Ballistics identified it as the gun | 弹道学证实 这正是三天前 |
[30:34] | used to kill Charlie Simon in his lab, three days ago. | 在实验室中杀害查理·西蒙的枪 |
[30:37] | Looks like you did what you had to do. | 看起来你是被逼无奈的 |
[30:42] | Before we let you go, Mr. MacIntosh, | 在我们放你走之前 麦金托什先生 |
[30:43] | did your brother say anything about where | 请问你的哥哥有没有提到过 |
[30:46] | the rest of the anthrax is? | 剩下的炭疽菌在哪里 |
[30:48] | ‘Cause the Feds only got about 20 pounds at the farm, | 因为联邦调查局在农场只找到了20磅 |
[30:52] | and we think he took twice that | 而我们认为他从查理·西蒙那里 |
[30:53] | from Charlie Simon. | 拿走了两倍的量 |
[30:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:58] | Uh, he said something about friends up north | 他说了些关于北方的朋友的事 |
[31:01] | and that ours wasn’t the only government | 说什么我们的政府不是唯一一个 |
[31:03] | that needed to be taught a lesson. | 需要受到教训的 |
[31:13] | Another government, friends up north– | 其他政府 北方的朋友 |
[31:15] | you got to figure Eugene was talking about Canada, right? | 估计尤金说的应该是加拿大了吧 |
[31:18] | Well, antiestablishmentarianism | 反现存社会体制观念 |
[31:19] | is hardly restricted to these colonies. | 可不光是在美国有 |
[31:21] | I’ll reach out to the FBI | 我去通知联邦调查局 |
[31:22] | and the Canadian Intelligence Service, | 还有加拿大情报部门 |
[31:24] | have them send files on every radical right-wing | 让他们传一份关于东北地区 |
[31:27] | organization in the Northeast– militias, hate groups, | 激进右派组织 军队 仇恨组织的资料 |
[31:30] | quilting circles, if they fit the profile. | 交叉比对 看看有没有符合的 |
[31:36] | Okay. | 好了 |
[31:37] | I have been over my half of the files twice now. | 我把我这一半翻了两遍 |
[31:39] | I cannot find anything that connects these groups | 我找不到有什么组织能和 |
[31:42] | with Eugene MacIntosh or anthrax. | 尤金·麦金托什还有炭疽菌扯上关系 |
[31:45] | What about you? | 你那里呢 |
[31:46] | Actually, I haven’t opened a single one. | 实际上 我还没开始 |
[31:49] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[31:50] | Eugene MacIntosh’s rash. | 尤金·麦金托什的皮疹 |
[31:54] | The ring finger of his left hand. | 在他左手无名指上 |
[31:57] | Happens sometimes to newly married men. | 新婚者常见现象 |
[31:59] | Not used to wearing a ring, dermatitis sets in. | 因为不习惯戴戒指而出现了皮疹 |
[32:02] | But we’ve been over Eugene’s background over a dozen times. | 但是我们查过尤金背景很多次了 |
[32:04] | There is no record of any marriage. | 里边没有什么婚姻记录 |
[32:05] | Not in New York, no. | 不是在纽约的 |
[32:07] | But a review of state wedding registries | 但是根据国家婚姻记录 |
[32:09] | reveals that he married a woman | 显示出他与一位叫做 |
[32:10] | named Georgeanna Wheatley | 乔治亚娜·维克丽的女人 |
[32:12] | several weeks ago in Delaware. | 几周前在特拉华州结婚了 |
[32:14] | The paperwork is still making its way | 文书报告还在 |
[32:15] | past the usual bureaucratic hurdles. | 走官僚程序 |
[32:18] | I phoned the widow Wheatley over an hour ago, | 我一小时前和寡妇维克丽通过电话 |
[32:20] | and she confirmed the marriage. | 她确认了婚姻 |
[32:21] | But she also insisted that Eugene’s antigovernment leanings | 并且她坚称尤金的反政府倾向 |
[32:25] | were a thing of the past, that he had distanced himself | 已经是过去时了 他在监狱时就 |
[32:27] | from the Sovereign Army and their philosophies | 脱离了领袖军还有他们 |
[32:29] | while he was in prison. | 所谓的人生观 |
[32:30] | That’s interesting, I guess. | 这挺有趣的 |
[32:32] | But obviously he was lying to her. | 但是显然他在欺骗她 |
[32:33] | Not obviously, no. | 也不一定的 |
[32:35] | She also confirmed that they were married by a justice of the peace | 她同时确认了他们由地方法官主持婚礼 |
[32:38] | at a state courthouse. I ask you, Watson, | 就在地方法院里 请问 华生 |
[32:40] | what self-respecting domestic terrorist | 如此自负的国家恐怖主义者 |
[32:42] | allows the government | 怎么会让政府 |
[32:43] | to play such a large role in his wedding? | 在他婚姻中扮演这样重要的角色 |
[32:45] | Anwar al-Awlaki counseled 9/11 hijackers | 安瓦尔·奥拉基提出了911劫持事件 |
[32:47] | and slept with prostitutes. | 还和妓女睡觉 |
[32:48] | Hypocrisy happens. | 虚伪无处不在 |
[32:49] | What about sudden stupidity? Does that also just happen? | 突然脑抽呢 这是不是也会发生 |
[32:52] | According to his brother, Eugene was a very bright man. | 据他弟弟说 尤金是个非常聪明的人 |
[32:54] | So why does a bright man abandon a sound, if derivative, plan | 为什么一个聪明人不使用成熟的方法 |
[32:57] | to send anthrax through the mail | 用邮件散布炭疽菌 |
[32:58] | in favor of poisoning dairy cows? | 而是去毒害奶牛呢 |
[33:01] | His brother told us, Eugene wanted people to drink the milk. | 他弟弟说了 尤金想让人喝到牛奶 |
[33:03] | Moronic. Any number of people could have discovered | 愚蠢 有很多人能够在 |
[33:07] | the cows’ infection before that milk made it to market– | 牛奶进入市场前发现奶牛被下毒了 |
[33:09] | farmhands, inspectors, his brother. | 农场工人 检察员 他弟弟 |
[33:11] | So he didn’t want to infect people with anthrax the way | 所以他没有用你的方式来让人们 |
[33:13] | that you would’ve. What does that have to do with… | 感染炭疽热 这又有什么关系 |
[33:18] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[33:33] | That didn’t solve anything. | 也没解决任何事啊 |
[33:35] | Weird, right? | 奇怪吧 |
[33:37] | You know what else it won’t solve? Alistair. | 你知道还有什么不能解决吗 阿里斯泰尔 |
[33:39] | You know why he used drugs last week? | 你知道他上周为什么吸毒吗 |
[33:41] | Because he was an addict, just like you. | 因为他曾经是个瘾君子 就和你一样 |
[33:44] | I’m sorry he’s gone, but his relapsing | 很抱歉他走了 但是他的复发 |
[33:45] | doesn’t change a thing for you; not one single thing. | 对你不会有任何影响 一点也没有 |
[33:47] | You woke up today, you didn’t use drugs, just like yesterday. | 你今早起来没有吸毒 就和昨天一样 |
[33:52] | You know what you have to do tomorrow? | 你知道明天你会做什么吗 |
[33:53] | Wake up and not use drugs. | 醒来而没有吸毒 |
[33:54] | That is just how it is; that is how it’s going to be. | 事情就是这样 只会这么发展下去 |
[33:57] | Thank you. Are you quite finished telling me things I already know? | 谢谢 你说完我早就知道的事了吗 |
[33:59] | Are you ready to start acting like you know them? | 你准备好表现出知道的样子了吗 |
[34:01] | I’ve decided I’m quite ashamed of my behavior | 我已经决定为过去几天的表现 |
[34:02] | over the last few days, all right? | 感到羞愧了 好吗 |
[34:05] | I took the passing of a dear friend, | 我经历了友人的去世 |
[34:06] | and I twisted it into an indulgence in narcissism. | 然后扭曲成对自己自恋般的放纵 |
[34:09] | It’s left me in a mood. | 这事让我心情很不好 |
[34:12] | Alistair was a friend. | 阿里斯泰尔是朋友 |
[34:15] | One of only a handful. And-and-and… | 不多的朋友中的一个 并且 |
[34:18] | losing a member of such a select group | 失去了如此重要的一个 |
[34:20] | has felt quite… substantial. | 让人感觉 很沉重 |
[34:26] | My tantrum upset you, and I apologize. | 我的脾气让你心烦了 我道歉 |
[34:28] | Again. | 再一次的 |
[34:30] | But I assure you, I-I’m no closer to using | 但我向你保证 我现在依然像 |
[34:33] | than I was yesterday, | 昨天还有前天 |
[34:34] | or the day before that or the day before that. | 以及前天的前天一样没有用那个的想法 |
[34:39] | If I was, I would tell you. | 如果我有 我会告诉你的 |
[34:46] | – Is that the captain? – It’s my mother. | -是警监吗 -是我妈妈 |
[34:48] | She just heard about some lunatic | 她刚听说有疯子 |
[34:49] | trying to poison a bunch of dairy cows with anthrax. | 想要用炭疽菌毒害一群奶牛 |
[34:52] | She want us to throw away all of our milk. | 她想让我们扔掉所有牛奶 |
[34:55] | So now we know. | 所以现在我们知道了 |
[34:58] | Your mother’s not the only person succumbing to anthrax hysteria. | 你妈妈不是唯一屈服于炭疽热癔症的人 |
[35:02] | According to the news, people all over the city | 根据新闻报道 城市里的很多人 |
[35:04] | are discarding their dairy products, | 都在丢弃奶制品 |
[35:05] | whether or not they originated at the MacIntoshes’ farm. | 不管它们是不是来自于麦金托什农场的 |
[35:10] | Seriously? | 你也信 |
[35:12] | These expired a few days ago. | 这些过期好几天了 |
[35:13] | Her text just reminded me. You know what? | 是她的短信提醒了我 说真的 |
[35:15] | I feel sorry for that Bart MacIntosh. | 巴特·麦金托什挺惨的 |
[35:17] | He said his farm was already on the ropes | 他说农场已经遇到状况 |
[35:18] | and it wasn’t doing well, and now this. | 经营艰难 现在又出了这事 |
[35:21] | How unwell was it? | 怎么艰难了 |
[35:23] | He said the only thing keeping it afloat | 他说多亏有政府的补助 |
[35:25] | was subsidies from the government. | 才让农场能勉强维系 |
[35:32] | Remind me to thank your mother next time I see her, will you? | 记得提醒我 下次见到你母亲时要谢谢她 |
[35:35] | For what? | 谢什么 |
[35:37] | Well, we made an assumption | 当我们发现 |
[35:39] | when we realized that the anthrax was in Eugene MacIntosh’s clutches. | 炭疽菌在尤金·麦金托什手里时 |
[35:43] | That he wanted to kill people. | 我们以为他想用来杀人 |
[35:45] | What if he didn’t? | 要是并非如此呢 |
[35:48] | What if he just wanted to kill… cows? | 要是他只想杀死…奶牛呢 |
[35:56] | Go on ahead. I’ll catch up. | 你先去 我马上过来 |
[36:06] | Can I help you with something, Captain? | 有什么能为你效劳的吗 警监 |
[36:08] | Yeah, actually, my colleague here | 有 我的同事 |
[36:09] | was hoping to ask you a few questions | 想问你几个问题 |
[36:11] | about livestock insurance. | 关于家畜保险的 |
[36:14] | Yes, your own, specifically. | 准确来说是你的保险 |
[36:15] | We’ve learned that you have exceedingly thorough coverage. | 我们得知其覆盖范围异常之广 |
[36:18] | Each one of your 1,342 cows | 1342头奶牛 |
[36:20] | is insured at full-market value? | 全都以市场价格上了保险 |
[36:22] | Yeah, they’re the farm’s most valuable asset, so… | 对 因为它们是农场最有价值的资产 |
[36:25] | $2,000 a head, right? | 每头两千块 对吧 |
[36:27] | Give or take, yeah. | 差不多 |
[36:28] | So if your entire herd were to be wiped out | 那如果你所有的牛 |
[36:30] | by some kind of a… bovine holocaust, | 因为某种原因全部死掉 |
[36:34] | you’d receive $2.68 million, give or take. | 你将获得约两百六十八万元的赔款 |
[36:38] | You’ve enjoyed being a farmer, Mr. MacIntosh? | 你喜欢当农场主吗 麦金托什先生 |
[36:40] | It’s hard work, but… I wouldn’t change it, yeah. | 的确挺累的 但我不想改行做别的 |
[36:43] | Your father actually willed the farm to you and your brother, | 其实你父亲把农场留给了你们兄弟俩 |
[36:45] | so you both stood to profit from the death of the herd. | 所以如果家畜死亡你俩都能获利 |
[36:48] | No, wait a second. | 等一下 |
[36:50] | I-If you’re trying to say that Eugene was planning | 如果你想说尤金是打算 |
[36:51] | to poison the cattle for the insurance… | 毒死奶牛骗取保险的话… |
[36:53] | Actually, we’re saying that you both planned to poison the cattle. | 其实我们是说 你们俩都打算这么做 |
[36:57] | I told you what he said the other night. | 我告诉你们他那晚说的话了 |
[36:59] | I told you why he did what he did. | 说过他这么做的原因 |
[37:01] | If we’d wanted to make money off the cows, | 如果我们想靠奶牛赚钱 |
[37:03] | we just would’ve sold them. | 卖掉它们不就好了 |
[37:04] | Well, selling livestock is, of course, a quite difficult process, isn’t it? | 贩卖家畜过程还是挺困难的 对吧 |
[37:07] | You’ve got inspections, auctions, transport– | 需要检疫 拍卖 运输 |
[37:09] | all of these are expenses which would cut deeply into your payout. | 所有这些花费都会降低你最后的收益 |
[37:13] | I mean, wiping out the herd in one go… | 可一次性弄死所有牲畜 |
[37:16] | far more cost-effective. | 性价比就高多了 |
[37:17] | Of course, that would require an illness that could wipe them all out | 当然这需要一种能在其他人发现它们生病前 |
[37:20] | before anyone even knew they were sick. | 就让其全部死掉的疾病 |
[37:22] | Anthrax certainly fits the bill. | 炭疽热正好符合要求 |
[37:24] | It’s only occasionally deadly to humans, | 它对人类致死率低 |
[37:26] | almost always fatal to cows, | 但对牲畜是绝对致命的 |
[37:28] | and it’s naturally occurring in the feedlots | 而且出现在奶牛场的饲养场 |
[37:30] | and soil of cattle farms. | 和土壤中也很自然 |
[37:32] | Had it decimated your cows, | 如果这病害死了你的牛 |
[37:33] | no one would’ve batted an eyelid. | 没有人会怀疑 |
[37:35] | Your brother’s time in prison came in handy. | 你哥哥坐牢的经历派上了用场 |
[37:37] | Charlie Simon had been a lab tech– | 查理·西蒙以前是个实验室技术员 |
[37:39] | he could make the anthrax. | 他能做出炭疽菌 |
[37:41] | But even together, you and Eugene | 但就算你跟尤金加在一起 |
[37:42] | didn’t have the money to pay for him or the lab. | 也没有足够的钱付给他或支撑实验室运作 |
[37:45] | So Eugene reached out to an old Army pal, Joe Bey. | 于是尤金联系了他从前领袖军的旧友乔·贝 |
[37:49] | He agreed to bankroll the effort, | 他同意提供资金 |
[37:51] | not realizing that your brother had outgrown his radical leanings. | 却不知道你哥哥已经没有从前那么激进了 |
[37:55] | Eugene never intended to hand over the anthrax. | 尤金从没打算要把炭疽菌交给他 |
[37:57] | And why would he? One anonymous phone call | 他干嘛要交呢 匿名打给警方 |
[38:00] | to the police about Bey’s plan to poison congressmen, | 告发贝要向议员投毒的计划 |
[38:02] | he’d be out of the way. | 贝就不会碍事了 |
[38:04] | It’s quite a solid plan. | 这计划非常周密 |
[38:05] | Until Charlie Simon crossed paths with a pickpocket. | 直到查理·西蒙碰上了一个小偷 |
[38:07] | Next thing you know, anthrax is all over the news. | 接下来 炭疽热的事就人尽皆知了 |
[38:09] | Detective Bell and I come up to your farm, | 贝尔警探和我来到农场 |
[38:12] | so you decided to sacrifice your brother. | 你便决定牺牲你哥哥 |
[38:15] | You talked about him as if he were still a radical, | 你对他的形容显得他仍然十分激进 |
[38:17] | and you gave us the address to a place | 然后你给我们那个地址 |
[38:18] | where you knew we would find Joe Bey. | 知道我们一定能找到乔·贝 |
[38:20] | Meanwhile, you had Eugene bring you the anthrax, | 同时 你让尤金把炭疽菌带来给你 |
[38:23] | and you killed him and made it look like | 你杀了他 伪装成 |
[38:24] | he was trying to poison your herd. | 他是要毒死牛群的样子 |
[38:27] | You hid the rest of the powder; you had to. | 剩下的炭疽菌粉 你不得不藏起来 |
[38:28] | You still had a thousand cows to slay somewhere down the road. | 毕竟之后你还有一千头牛要弄死呢 |
[38:32] | Question is, where did you hide it? | 问题是 你把它藏在哪了呢 |
[38:34] | We know it’s not here. | 我们知道东西不在这里 |
[38:36] | The Feds and local police combed every inch of this place yesterday. | 昨天联调局和当地警察已经把这里翻了个底朝天 |
[38:39] | This is such a crock. | 简直是胡扯 |
[38:41] | I want you to leave now. | 我请你们马上离开 |
[38:42] | Oh, we’re leaving. Not without you. | 我们当然会离开 不过要带上你 |
[38:45] | We went to your mom’s house this morning with a warrant. | 今早我们带着搜查令去了你妈妈家 |
[38:48] | Found these in her attic. | 在阁楼上找到了这些 |
[38:50] | The lab confirmed it’s the same anthrax we found at your farm. | 化验结果表明这跟我们在你农场发现的炭疽菌一致 |
[38:53] | Well, Eugene must have hidden it there. | 那肯定是尤金藏在那里的 |
[38:55] | But she told us he hasn’t been there in a year. | 但你妈妈说他一年都没去了 |
[38:57] | She said you stopped by last night and asked | 而你昨晚过去 |
[38:59] | if you cold store a few things in the attic. | 要求在阁楼里存放些东西 |
[39:02] | You didn’t say what they were, | 你没说那是什么 |
[39:03] | but you were very specific that she shouldn’t touch them. | 但却强调要你妈别碰它们 |
[39:05] | According to his wife, Eugene learned a few things in prison. | 尤金妻子说 他在牢里学了些东西 |
[39:10] | Let’s see how you fare. | 看看你会怎样 |
[39:17] | 1946-2014 | 阿里斯泰尔·摩尔 |
[39:30] | Sherlock Holmes, when did you become such a cliche? | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 你什么时候也变得这么老套了 |
[39:35] | Standing over a grave, head heavy with dark thoughts. | 站在坟墓前 耷拉着脑袋心事重重 |
[39:43] | If this were a scene in a play, | 如果这是戏里的场景 |
[39:45] | I’d have refused to perform it. | 我一定会拒绝演出 |
[39:50] | I was on my way to a meeting. | 我本是要去参加互助会的 |
[39:52] | I’m supposed to speak, you know. | 今天我要发言 |
[39:57] | Well, I thought this would be a good place to collect my thoughts. | 觉得这里能让我好好整理一下思绪 |
[40:05] | I’m sorry I let you down. | 抱歉我让你失望了 |
[40:10] | You didn’t let me down. | 你没让我失望 |
[40:15] | What you did has got nothing to do with me. | 你的行为与我没有关系 |
[40:18] | I understand that. | 这个我懂 |
[40:25] | Came here today because, um… | 今天来这里是因为 |
[40:29] | …because I loved you very much. | 因为我非常爱你 |
[40:39] | And I wanted you to know that you’ll be missed. | 我还想告诉你 我会想你的 |
[40:46] | “At me too someone is looking, | 也有人在注视着我 |
[40:50] | “At me too… | 也有人 |
[40:51] | “Someone is saying, he is sleeping… | 在对我说 他睡着了 |
[40:55] | “He knows nothing… | 他一无所知 |
[40:58] | let him sleep on.” | 让他继续睡吧 |