时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Holmes? | 福尔摩斯 |
[00:07] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[00:10] | Thoughts? | 有什么想法 |
[00:11] | Well, your working theory is obviously that | 你目前的推论显然是 |
[00:14] | this man was interrupted in the performance of his duties | 这位不幸的殡葬师在履行职责时遭遇行窃 |
[00:17] | by the thief, who then brained the unfortunate mortician | 小偷猛击了他的头部 |
[00:21] | and made off with all of his clients’ jewelry. | 然后带着他客户身上所有的珠宝逃之夭夭 |
[00:25] | So how, then, do we explain these bite marks? | 可那要怎么解释这些牙印呢 |
[00:28] | It’s an oddly personal means of attack, is it not? | 这种攻击方式太具私人恩怨了 对吧 |
[00:31] | Especially for a transaction conducted | 尤其是对于这种纯粹 |
[00:33] | solely in the name of the profit motive. | 出于谋财动机的犯罪来说 |
[00:35] | Yeah, we thought it was weird. | 是啊 我们也觉得古怪 |
[00:37] | Maybe the robbery was just a cover? | 也许抢劫只是假象 |
[00:40] | You said the owner found his body exactly like this, right? | 这儿的负责人发现尸体时现场就这样 对吧 |
[00:44] | Excuse me, Detective. | 打扰了 警探 |
[00:47] | Leslie Loughlin, from the 5-3 Squad. | 我是莱斯利·洛克林 来自5-3分队 |
[00:49] | Oh, I’m Detective Bell. | 我是贝尔警探 |
[00:50] | This is Holmes, Watson, our consultants. | 这两位是我们的顾问 福尔摩斯 华生 |
[00:53] | What brings you down from the Bronx? | 你从布朗克斯区过来有什么事 |
[00:54] | The M.O. you got here. | 我听说了本案的作案手法 |
[00:55] | In the last couple of weeks, | 过去两周内 |
[00:56] | we’ve had two young women turn up dead | 我们发现了两具年轻女子的尸体 |
[00:58] | with bite marks on their shoulders. | 她们的肩上都有牙印 |
[00:59] | Looks a lot like a pair of killings we thought we closed | 手法很像我们在05年就了结的 |
[01:01] | back in ’05, but… | 一桩连环杀人案 但… |
[01:03] | now I’m starting to think we got the wrong guy. | 现在我开始怀疑我们当时抓错了人 |
[01:05] | Excuse me, you said young women with | 抱歉 你是说肩上有牙印的 |
[01:06] | bite marks on their shoulders? | 年轻女子尸体吗 |
[01:07] | – Was this in Pelham? – Yeah. | -是发生在佩勒姆地区吗 -是的 |
[01:10] | Anyway, I figured if my guy did this, | 我想如果此案也是同一人所为 |
[01:11] | maybe the NYPD only needs one vampire hunter. | 你们就不用浪费精力去追查了 |
[01:14] | This is not a murder. | 这不是谋杀 |
[01:16] | It’s an accidental death. | 只是一起意外死亡 |
[01:19] | Mr. Robertson was standing on the table, | 罗伯森先生当时站在桌上 |
[01:23] | and he fell off and hit his head. | 不慎摔下来 撞到了头 |
[01:25] | The robber broke in several hours later. | 几个小时后 有小偷光顾了这里 |
[01:29] | This… scent. | 这股…味道 |
[01:30] | Do you smell that? | 你们闻到了吗 |
[01:32] | Honestly, I’ve been trying not to breathe. | 说实话 我一直在努力屏住呼吸 |
[01:34] | Well, if you did, | 如果你使劲闻的话 |
[01:35] | you might detect the faintest trace of… | 会在防腐液的味道里 |
[01:38] | marijuana laced with embalming fluid. | 闻出一丝大麻的味道 |
[01:40] | When your toxicology report comes back, | 我很肯定 验尸毒理报告会证实 |
[01:42] | I’m quite certain it will confirm that our young mortician here | 这位年轻的殡葬师 |
[01:45] | was experimenting with “wet.” | 当时正在抽”湿毒” |
[01:47] | The kick is something like, uh, PCP. | 刺激的感觉类似苯环己哌啶[迷幻药] |
[01:49] | So I’m told. | 我听别人说的 |
[01:50] | So he was high. | 所以他当时嗑嗨了 |
[01:52] | How, uh, how do you explain the biting? | 那你怎么解释牙印 |
[01:55] | This young lady here. | 是这位女士造成的 |
[01:57] | Our mortician has his shirt off as quite a… | 殡葬师脱了上衣 |
[02:00] | quite a sensible precaution against the stink. | 这是避免沾染尸臭的明智之举 |
[02:02] | He fell against her open mouth, | 他摔倒时磕在她张开的嘴上 |
[02:04] | the weight caused her mandible to clamp… | 她的下颌骨受到他体重的压力咬合 造成了牙印 |
[02:12] | Is the pin important? | 这根针很重要吗 |
[02:13] | Oh, crucially so. | 至关重要 |
[02:16] | We know that our robber gained access via bathroom window, | 我们知道小偷是从洗手间的窗口爬进来的 |
[02:19] | but there’s no evidence whatsoever | 但却没找到 |
[02:20] | that he gained egress from the building. | 他离开大楼的证据 |
[02:26] | I think he stumbled upon this scene just moments before the owner. | 我认为他在负责人抵达前不久偶然看到这一幕 |
[02:30] | Not wishing to have to explain his role in this… | 为免自己为这件杀人案背黑锅 |
[02:34] | the burglar sought a place to hide. | 小偷找了个地方藏起来 |
[02:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:40] | I mistook you for a corpse. | 我还以为你是尸体 |
[02:43] | The good news is, you won’t be charged | 好消息是 你不会 |
[02:44] | with the murder of the mortician. | 被指控谋杀殡葬师 |
[02:46] | But I’m guessing that the jewels in question | 但我猜现场丢失的珠宝 |
[02:47] | are still in your possession. | 还在你身上 |
[02:54] | Guess I wasted a trip. | 看来我白跑一趟 |
[02:58] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢你们的接待 |
[03:03] | This way. This way. | 这边 这边 |
[03:07] | Detective Loughlin. | 洛克林警探 |
[03:10] | That case in 2005… | 2005年的案子 |
[03:11] | did it involve someone named Aaron Colville? | 是不是和一个叫艾伦·科威尔的有关 |
[03:14] | Actually…yeah, it did. Do you remember it? | 是 没错 你还记得吗 |
[03:16] | Can I take a look at your files? | 我能看一下你的资料吗 |
[03:19] | Colville copped a plea to the two homicides back in ’05. | 科威尔承认在05年犯下两起杀人案 |
[03:21] | He died later that year. | 没过多久他就去世了 |
[03:23] | Now, to me it looks like the bite marks | 在我看来 最近两起案子的牙印 |
[03:26] | in these two most recent cases match the marks from ’05. | 和05年的案子高度一致 |
[03:29] | Which, considering Colville’s been dead going on ten years, | 但考虑到科威尔已经死了快十年 |
[03:32] | argues against him being the doer. | 也许他并不是凶手 |
[03:35] | Can I make a copy of these files? | 我能复印一下这些资料吗 |
[03:38] | Sure. | 好的 |
[03:40] | Uh, do you mind if I ask your interest here? | 介意我问一下为什么你对这个案子这么感兴趣吗 |
[03:41] | Were you involved in the original case? | 当年的案子你也参与了吗 |
[03:45] | So the world wants us to be solemn. | 外界都希望我们严肃一点 |
[03:48] | Right? We tackle big problems, | 我们处理生死攸关的问题 |
[03:50] | we’re surgeons, and so people feel better | 我们是外科医生 如果我们举止庄重 |
[03:52] | if we have just the right demeanor. | 病人也会感觉好些 |
[03:54] | And that’s fine, that’s fine out there. | 这没问题 在外面没问题 |
[03:56] | But in here? | 但在这里 |
[03:57] | This is where the rubber meets the road. | 手术室里的表现才是最关键的 |
[04:00] | Now, the solemnity of the surgeon’s work | 无论我们在这里做什么 |
[04:02] | follows us into this room no matter what we do. | 心中都无法忘记外科工作的严肃性 |
[04:04] | And it’ll eat you up if you let it. | 但过度在意只会让自己精疲力尽 |
[04:07] | So part of your job is… | 所以你们要做的就是 |
[04:09] | not to let it, okay? | 别太在意 好吗 |
[04:12] | Dr. Karthik? | 卡蒂克医生 |
[04:40] | Dr. Watson. | 华生医生 |
[04:43] | My gosh, it’s been years. | 天呐 好久不见 |
[04:45] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[04:46] | So… it’s nice to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[04:48] | Uh… how’s your practice? | 你现在的工作如何 |
[04:50] | Uh, actually, I haven’t practiced medicine since 2011. | 其实我从2011年开始就没有行医了 |
[04:54] | Oh, really? Well, um… | 真的吗 好吧 |
[04:56] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾听到这个 |
[04:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:59] | Um, I’m here to talk about Aaron Colville. | 我是来向你了解艾伦·科威尔的事 |
[05:02] | Okay, I… I am… not discussing Colville. | 我不跟人讨论科威尔 |
[05:06] | What happened that night? | 那晚发生了什么 |
[05:08] | Nothing happened that night. | 那晚什么都没有发生 |
[05:09] | I treated my patient. | 我治疗了我的病人 |
[05:10] | I was there. | 我当时也在场 |
[05:13] | He might not have killed those women. | 那些女人可能不是他杀的 |
[05:17] | We may have let an innocent man die. | 我们可能让一个无辜的人就这么死了 |
[05:57] | Patient’s coming out of Rikers with four stab wounds, | 病人来自莱克斯监狱 四处刀伤 |
[05:59] | – all punctures to the thoracic region. – Give me the stats. | -所有伤口都在胸部区域 -告诉我体征数据 |
[06:01] | BP’s 65/45. | 血压是65/45 |
[06:03] | We hung two units on the way over, | 我们在路上已经给他输了两单位的血 |
[06:04] | – but he’s losing a lot of blood. – Can I see that? | -但他失血太多了 -能给我看看吗 |
[06:06] | The doc at Rikers gave me his chart. | 莱克斯的狱医把他的资料给我了 |
[06:08] | Guy’s name’s Aaron Colville. | 他叫艾伦·科威尔 |
[06:09] | From the news? | 新闻里那个吗 |
[06:11] | Don’t know if you saw on there or not, | 不知道你有没有看到 |
[06:12] | but he’s an organ donor. | 他是个器官捐献者 |
[06:14] | Okay, on three. | 好吧 我数三下 |
[06:15] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[06:18] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:20] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[06:21] | Now, nurse, I need him intubated. | 护士 我需要有人给他插管 |
[06:23] | And let’s get his chest open. | 把他的胸腔打开 |
[06:45] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[06:46] | Uh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[06:47] | Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 开始 |
[07:01] | He’s arresting. | 他的心脏停跳了 |
[07:02] | Yeah, I’m looking right at it. | 是 我看到了 |
[07:04] | Starting massage. Lynn… | 开始做心脏复苏 琳 |
[07:06] | go get Dr. Reed, please. | 去把里德医生叫来 |
[07:08] | Really? We might need her. | 真的吗 我们可能需要她 |
[07:09] | If we can’t bring him back, | 如果我们救不回他的话 |
[07:10] | we’re definitely going to need an extra set of hands. | 我们肯定需要额外援手 |
[07:12] | Lynn, please. Go get Dr. Reed. | 琳 快去把里德医生叫来 |
[07:20] | Dr. Fleming, he needs the epi. | 弗雷明医生 他需要肾上腺素 |
[07:22] | Just hold on. Let me see if I can’t get this going. | 先别急 我看看能不能让他的心脏跳起来 |
[07:26] | He needs the epi. | 他需要肾上腺素 |
[07:46] | All right, I’m calling it. | 好吧 记录死亡时间 |
[07:47] | It’s 1:04. | 一点零四分 |
[07:51] | That epinephrine could’ve saved his life. | 肾上腺素本可以救活他 |
[07:52] | We let him die. | 我们却让他死了 |
[07:53] | We’ve been over this. | 我们谈过这个了 |
[07:55] | I gave that man the same standard of care | 我给他的救治手法 |
[07:57] | I provide anyone who comes through the doors of my O.R. | 同所有进入我手术室的病人一样 |
[08:00] | I didn’t even know who Aaron Colville was. | 我压根不知道艾伦·科威尔是谁 |
[08:03] | A psychotic murderer, bludgeoning and biting women | 一个精神病杀人犯 棍击并咬伤女人 |
[08:06] | ten blocks from the neighborhood where you lived and worked. | 离你生活和工作的地方只有十个街区 |
[08:09] | I… I didn’t make the connection till after he passed. | 直到他死后我才把这些联系起来 |
[08:12] | Why are we talking about this? | 我们为什么要谈这些 |
[08:14] | If you had an issue with my behavior, | 如果你对我的行为不满 |
[08:15] | you should have filed a complaint. | 你当时应该去投诉我 |
[08:17] | We’re talking about a decade ago. | 这事都过去十年了 |
[08:19] | Listen, I am consulting with the NYPD now. | 听着 我现在是纽约警局的顾问 |
[08:22] | Police are investigating two new murders, | 警方在调查两起新的谋杀案 |
[08:23] | and everything about them looks like the crimes | 那两起案子和科威尔 |
[08:25] | that Colville was charged with. | 曾被指控的案子几乎一样 |
[08:27] | Then it was a copycat. | 那就应该是个模仿者 |
[08:28] | I mean, that’s the term, right? | 你们是这么叫吧 |
[08:30] | All the victims were bitten. | 所有受害人都被咬了 |
[08:31] | We are waiting for official confirmation, | 我们正在等警局正式确认 |
[08:33] | but it looks like the same bite marks to me. | 但我觉得牙印是一致的 |
[08:36] | Okay, well, | 好吧 |
[08:37] | if that’s what you came here to say, | 如果你来这里就是为了说这些 |
[08:38] | you know, consider me informed. | 那我知道了 |
[08:40] | Listen. | 听着 |
[08:41] | He said something to you that night. | 那天晚上他跟你说了一些话 |
[08:44] | If there was any clue as to what he said, | 万一他的话里有什么线索 |
[08:46] | if he thought he was being framed… | 如果他觉得自己被陷害了… |
[08:48] | Dr. Fleming, please. | 拜托了 弗雷明医生 |
[08:49] | There’s nothing anyone can do to you now. | 现在没有人能伤害你 |
[08:52] | It wasn’t anything like that. | 没那回事 |
[08:54] | It was gibberish. Okay? | 他当时在胡言乱语 |
[08:56] | He was coding, for God’s sakes. | 上帝啊 他当时都快不行了 |
[08:58] | What do you think, you’re gonna set things right here? | 你想怎样 要主持正义吗 |
[09:01] | Surgeons make calls, Joan. | 外科医生有决定权 乔恩 |
[09:03] | It’s part of the job. | 那是工作的一部分 |
[09:04] | I-I do it all the time. | 我一直都这么做 |
[09:05] | I don’t lose sleep over it. | 我不会因此良心不安 |
[09:12] | 需要你尽快赶来 马上回电话 你在哪 | |
[09:22] | You know, you could just move the ladder, too, right? | 你知道你可以挪一下梯子的吧 |
[09:25] | Here we are! Ha! | 拿到了 |
[09:27] | You know, I’ve been cursing Ms. Hudson for misplacing this. | 我一直怪哈德森女士把这书放错了位置 |
[09:31] | Turns out she’s recategorized it under historical meteorology. | 原来她把这书归为历史气象学类别了 |
[09:34] | Clever. | 真聪明 |
[09:35] | Tradewinds and Ocean Currents, first published in 1914. | 《信风和洋流》 1914年第一次出版 |
[09:38] | Out of print, if you can believe it. | 已经绝版了 你能相信吗 |
[09:40] | That’s a travesty. | 真滑稽 |
[09:41] | You jest, but this atlas may soon come in very handy. | 玩笑随你开 但这本图集可能很快会派上用场 |
[09:45] | I do wish you wouldn’t leave my texts unanswered. | 我真希望你不要不回我短信 |
[09:47] | Well, I do wish that you wouldn’t keep writing | 我真希望在我不回的时候 |
[09:49] | when I don’t respond. | 你不要一直发 |
[09:50] | We have an offer to consider. | 我们有个工作邀请 |
[09:52] | Several of the trust fund brats | 几个在大学时和麦考夫 |
[09:53] | that Mycroft aligned himself with at university | 常混在一起的富二代们 |
[09:55] | are underwriting a treasure hunt of sorts. | 想去参加一次寻宝之旅 |
[09:57] | An expedition in search of a sunken ship. | 一次寻找沉船的探险 |
[10:00] | And we’ve been invited. | 我们被邀请了 |
[10:01] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[10:02] | Our quarry, the S.S. Waratah, | 我们的目标 S.S.华尔特号 |
[10:04] | has been called Australia’s Titanic. | 被称为是澳大利亚的泰坦尼克号 |
[10:06] | It is, unquestionably, | 它毫无疑问是 |
[10:08] | the most famous missing shipwreck. | 最有名的失踪船只 |
[10:10] | It disappeared in 1909 | 它失踪于1909年 |
[10:11] | carrying 211 souls | 载有211名乘客 |
[10:12] | and a safe stuffed full of their valuables. | 以及满满塞着他们财物的保险箱 |
[10:14] | Now, I’m not suggesting we be motivated | 倒不是说我们去找这艘船 |
[10:16] | by anything as vulgar as an enormous finder’s fee, | 是为了其巨额悬赏 |
[10:20] | but I just thought you might like to bid adieu | 我只是想你也许愿意 |
[10:21] | to our 17th straight month of winter | 和这里第十七个寒冬告别 |
[10:23] | and join me in sunnier climes for a week. | 和我一起到暖和的地方待一周 |
[10:25] | That sounds fun. | 听起来不错 |
[10:26] | You should go. | 你应该去 |
[10:28] | It’s only fun in the right company. | 要有合意的同伴才有趣 |
[10:35] | Where did you disappear to? | 你刚去哪里了 |
[10:39] | So, Aaron Colville took a plea bargain in 2005 | 艾伦·科威尔在2005年接受了认罪协议 |
[10:42] | and was then stabbed to death in prison. | 后来在监狱里被捅伤而亡 |
[10:45] | Here we are nine years later. | 九年时间过去了 |
[10:48] | Two new murders appear to have been committed. | 发生了两起新的谋杀案 |
[10:54] | Well, you know, as I always say, | 像我常说的 |
[10:56] | bite-mark analysis is only slightly more scientific | 分析牙印的科学性只比 |
[10:58] | than casting chicken bones about to see the future. | 掷鸡骨头预测未来多那么一点点 |
[11:00] | But I’m unaware of any case | 但我从没见过哪个案子里 |
[11:02] | where two suspects have identical teeth. | 两位嫌疑人的牙齿完全相同 |
[11:06] | I suppose we should proceed under the assumption that | 我觉得我们应该假设 |
[11:08] | the same party is responsible for both sets of murders. | 两起谋杀案的凶手是同一个人 |
[11:13] | So, Aaron Colville was innocent? | 所以艾伦·科威尔是无辜的吗 |
[11:14] | Of these particular crimes, probably. | 对这几起案件来说 大概是的 |
[11:17] | But there is a reason he was a suspect. | 但他被列为嫌犯是有原因的 |
[11:18] | You seem distressed. Why? | 你看起来很难过 为什么 |
[11:21] | Well, I just stood there and watched him die. | 因为我当时就站在那 看着他死去 |
[11:24] | You… Watson, you didn’t stab Aaron Colville on Rikers Island. | 华生 不是你在莱克斯监狱捅死了艾伦·科威尔 |
[11:28] | Nor did you fail to administer the epinephrine shot | 也不是你没判断好肾上腺素的注射 |
[11:30] | in what you judged to be a timely fashion. | 你的判断还是很及时的 |
[11:32] | That was your colleague, your superior. | 是你的同事 你的上级造成的 |
[11:35] | – Yes. – So what would’ve happened | -是的 -所以如果 |
[11:36] | if you had filed a complaint against your attending surgeon? | 你投诉那个主治医师会发生什么 |
[11:39] | Do you think that would’ve been wise? | 你觉得那样会比较明智吗 |
[11:40] | “Wise”? | 明智 |
[11:42] | Does that matter? | 那重要吗 |
[11:43] | Of course it matters. You’re chastising yourself | 当然重要 你现在因为十年前 |
[11:45] | for failing to make a futile gesture a decade ago. | 没有做徒劳的努力而惩罚自己 |
[11:49] | Anyway, | 不管怎么说 |
[11:50] | your feelings are trivial | 你的感受没那么重要 |
[11:52] | ’cause we have a murderer to catch. | 因为我们还有凶案要调查 |
[11:55] | The bite mark, timeless expression | 牙印 一直都表达出 |
[11:57] | of the frustration of impotence. | 对无能为力的绝望 |
[11:59] | And for us, a stroke of luck. | 而对我们来说 是找出凶手的良机 |
[12:01] | Our man did not leave a suitable DNA sample, | 这个人并没有留下符合的DNA样本 |
[12:03] | but he did sign his work. | 但他的确留下了犯罪痕迹 |
[12:05] | And as soon as we match these to a person, | 只要我们找到符合的人 |
[12:07] | we can put this behind us. | 我们就搞定了 |
[12:09] | Well, it’s not that easy. | 这活并不简单 |
[12:09] | There’s no law enforcement agency | 没有法律强制要求机构 |
[12:11] | that keeps a database of dental records. | 保存牙医治疗的数据 |
[12:13] | No, they’re medical records, and that would be illegal. | 对 那些是医疗记录 那样做是违法的 |
[12:16] | And that’s why they use consultants. | 这就是他们使用顾问的原因 |
[12:18] | We’ll need someone with state-of-the-art computing skills. | 我们需要有顶尖计算机技术的人 |
[12:22] | What? | 什么 |
[12:24] | My regular contact in London has forsworn the practice. | 我在伦敦的熟人曾发誓不做这个了 |
[12:27] | Something about not wanting to go to jail. | 大概是不想进监狱 |
[12:29] | So we’ll have to contact them. | 所以我们得尝试联系”他们”了 |
[12:33] | I thought we left on good terms with Everyone. | 我以为我们和”人人”黑客关系还不错 |
[12:36] | Well, as far as you can be on good terms | 说到和幼稚的黑客匿名组织 |
[12:38] | with an anonymous collective of immature hackers, | 保持良好的联系 |
[12:40] | we did. | 我们还行 |
[12:42] | They are still an anonymous collective of immature hackers. | 但他们终究是幼稚的匿名黑客 |
[12:45] | If we come to them, cap in hand, asking for medical records, | 如果我们恭敬地去寻求帮助 要医疗记录 |
[12:47] | they’re always gonna have their price. | 狮子大开口是必然的 |
[12:51] | I don’t get it. | 我没弄懂 |
[12:52] | You don’t have to get it. | 你不需要懂 |
[12:58] | – Do you need ice yet? – No. | -你需要冰敷吗 -不用 |
[13:01] | They’re already an hour late. | 他们已经迟到一小时了 |
[13:03] | I don’t know how much more of this you can take. | 我不知道你还能挨多少次打 |
[13:14] | Sorry, sorry, one go a day. Sorry. | 抱歉 一天只能打一次 |
[13:17] | What about my boys? | 那我兄弟们怎么办 |
[13:19] | All right, come on. | 好吧 来吧 |
[13:24] | Happy hunting. | 追凶愉快 |
[13:31] | These are transparencies taken from the dental records | 这些是从”人人”提供的牙医记录里 |
[13:33] | provided by Everyone. The photograph, of course, | 提取的幻灯片 |
[13:35] | depicts bite marks left by our killer. | 这张照片是凶手的齿痕 |
[13:40] | This one’s close, but the lateral incisor is crooked. | 这张很接近 但侧切牙弯曲了 |
[13:43] | Just a few thousand more to go. | 还有几千张需要看 |
[13:46] | 27,000. | 两万七千张 |
[13:47] | An overwhelming majority of killers | 绝大部分凶手 |
[13:49] | strike within three miles of their primary residence. | 都会在住处三英里范围内作案 |
[13:51] | While it’s true that we’re looking for a psychopath, | 虽然我们找的人是个精神病人 |
[13:55] | it’s unlikely that he commuted to the next borough | 他也不大可能为了看牙 |
[13:57] | for his dental care. | 就跑到另一个镇上去 |
[13:59] | One of the hundreds in the Bronx most likely flosses our madman. | 所以布朗克斯的几百人里最可能有凶手 |
[14:03] | Why don’t you rest? I’ll take the first shift. | 你去休息吧 我先来看 |
[14:07] | As you wish. | 好的 |
[14:27] | Hey, wake up! | 醒醒 |
[14:30] | Take a look at this slide. | 看这张幻灯片 |
[14:32] | We got him. | 我们找到他了 |
[14:34] | It appears we do. | 看起来是的 |
[14:35] | His name is Alan Vikner, 52. | 他叫阿兰·维克 五十二岁 |
[14:37] | He is a patient at Olinville Dentistry, | 他是奥林维莱牙科的患者 |
[14:39] | which happens to be within a mile of both recent murders. | 那儿正好在最近两起凶案一英里的范围内 |
[14:41] | As is his mailing address. | 他的家庭住址也是 |
[14:43] | He’s an ex-con, served four years for aggravated assault. | 他有前科 因为故意伤害罪服刑四年 |
[14:48] | Must be a new patient. | 肯定是新患者 |
[14:49] | One visit, no X-rays. | 只去过一次 没有X光片记录 |
[14:51] | Someone should teach him the importance of regular checkups. | 有人该去教教他定期看牙医的重要性 |
[14:54] | And not killing people. | 还有不要杀人 |
[14:55] | The officer who brought me in said | 带我来的警官说 |
[14:57] | you found my prints at the scene of a murder. | 你们在案发现场发现了我的指纹 |
[14:59] | That isn’t possible. | 这不可能 |
[15:00] | I’m living clean now. | 我早就改过自新了 |
[15:02] | I’m a deacon at my church. | 现在我还是教堂助祭 |
[15:04] | Not your prints, Alan. | 不是你的指纹 阿兰 |
[15:07] | Your bite marks. | 是你的牙印 |
[15:11] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[15:13] | You relieved to see these pictures? | 你看到这个松了口气 |
[15:15] | I told you, you had the wrong guy. | 我就说你们抓错人了 |
[15:17] | Lots of people make these bite marks. | 很多人牙印都是这样 |
[15:22] | I got my teeth knocked out | 在纽盖特劳改监狱服刑的时候 |
[15:23] | in a fight in the yard at Newgate Correctional. | 我跟人打架 把牙齿打掉了 |
[15:26] | They gave me these. | 监狱就给我安了副假牙 |
[15:29] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这就说不通了 |
[15:30] | Aaron Colville had all of his own teeth when he died. | 艾伦·科威尔死时 并没有牙齿缺失 |
[15:33] | You can put those back in your mouth. | 你可以把假牙带上了 |
[15:34] | Colville was in Newgate from 2001 to 2004– | 科威尔01年到04年在纽盖特监狱服刑 |
[15:36] | that’s one year before the first murders. | 第一起谋杀案发生在05年 |
[15:40] | And it also coincides with Mr. Vikner’s stay. | 他和维克先生服刑时间一样 |
[15:43] | How did you wind up with a set of dentures that match a killer’s? | 你怎么会有一副与杀手相同的假牙 |
[15:48] | I can’t tell you that, but these are standard issue up there. | 这我可不知道 但这在监狱非常普遍 |
[15:51] | Colville was the model. | 科威尔的牙是原型 |
[15:54] | The prison dentist used his teeth | 监狱牙医用他的牙 |
[15:56] | to make a model set of dentures. | 做了一个假牙模型 |
[16:00] | God only knows how many sets of Colville’s teeth are out there. | 天知道到底有多少人用了科威尔的齿模 |
[16:10] | I’ve only been the dentist here for a few years. | 我才在这做了几年牙医 |
[16:13] | But the prison system doesn’t provide inmate with dentures. | 监狱不给犯人装假牙 |
[16:16] | It just… we don’t have the funds. | 我们 没有资金 |
[16:19] | Official policy is to pull problem teeth. | 官方政策是把问题牙齿拔掉 |
[16:21] | We’ve just seen a set of dentures which originated in this office. | 我们见了几个在这补过牙的人 |
[16:24] | Uh, the guy who had the job before me, | 在我之前在这工作的医生 |
[16:27] | his name was Conrad Nolan. | 叫康拉德·诺兰 |
[16:28] | And he was– I don’t… I don’t know– a saint. | 他有点 我也说不清 圣母的感觉 |
[16:31] | He took it on himself to manufacture dentures on his own. | 他自行给患者制造假牙 |
[16:35] | God love him, but I have kids to go home to at the end of the day. | 上帝保佑他 但我下班后还要照顾小孩 |
[16:38] | Do you have Dr. Nolan’s contact information? | 有诺兰医生的联系方式吗 |
[16:40] | Uh, he died a few years ago. | 他几年前死了 |
[16:41] | Pancreatic cancer. Hold on a second. | 胰腺癌 等一下 |
[16:43] | Stan? | 斯坦 |
[16:43] | – Yeah? – Come here a second. | -怎么了 -过来一下 |
[16:44] | This is Stan Divac, | 这是斯坦·迪瓦兹 |
[16:46] | and he’s one of my assistants. | 我的助手之一 |
[16:48] | He’s been here a lot longer than I have. | 比我待的时间还久 |
[16:49] | Used to work for Dr. Nolan. | 曾经和诺兰医生一起工作过 |
[16:50] | Can you tell us about your denture program? | 能说说你们的假牙项目么 |
[16:54] | Wouldn’t really call it a “Program.” | 也算不上是项目 |
[16:56] | Dr. Nolan didn’t like the idea of grown men gumming their food, | 诺兰医生不喜欢让成年人用牙床咀嚼 |
[17:00] | and he figured out a way to make them | 所以他想出一种办法 |
[17:01] | cheap enough so he could foot the bill himself. | 既帮犯人补牙又能负担其开销 |
[17:03] | And they modeled the dentures | 所以用犯人艾伦·科威尔的牙齿 |
[17:05] | after an inmate named Aaron Colville? | 做了一个齿模吗 |
[17:08] | Maybe. Uh, Dr. Nolan picked someone with a good set of teeth. | 可能吧 诺兰医生找了个牙齿好的人 |
[17:12] | I don’t think Doc Nolan even told the guy he did it. | 估计他都没告诉当事人 |
[17:14] | He just made the dentures based on an impression he took. | 就照齿模做了假牙 |
[17:16] | How many sets of dentures | 有多少人使用了 |
[17:17] | did you distribute based on the model? | 这个齿模补牙 |
[17:20] | Maybe eight? | 大概八个 |
[17:21] | Ten? | 或者十个 |
[17:25] | All these guys have Aaron Colville’s teeth? | 这么多人的牙齿和艾伦·科威尔一样吗 |
[17:29] | The warden let us sift through the inmate medical records. | 典狱官让我们查看了犯人的医疗记录 |
[17:31] | We pulled every prisoner | 我们找出了所有 |
[17:32] | who had been fitted for a full set of dentures. | 符合现场牙印的犯人 |
[17:34] | Eight suspects? | 八个嫌疑人 |
[17:36] | Actually we are down to four. | 已经把范围缩小到四个了 |
[17:37] | Alan Vikner has an alibi. | 阿兰·维克有不在场证明 |
[17:39] | Tash is dead. | 塔什死了 |
[17:39] | And Lalayanis and Parker | 拉拉那斯和帕克 |
[17:41] | have been locked up the whole time. | 这段时间一直未出狱 |
[17:42] | The remaining four settled near the city after their release. | 四个被释放的犯人都在城市附近居住 |
[17:46] | Bring them in. | 把他们找来 |
[17:48] | I’ll tell Detective Loughlin that she whiffed in ’05 | 我会告诉洛克林警探她05年抓错了人 |
[17:52] | and we’ve brought in a set of fresh eyes. | 我们找到了新的犯罪嫌疑人 |
[17:54] | I’ll also let the commissioner know | 我也会把这事告诉局长 |
[17:55] | he’d better warm up to lawyers. | 他可能需要和律师提前说说好话 |
[17:57] | Lawyers? | 律师 |
[17:58] | We’re about to re-open a couple of homicide cases from ’05. | 我们要重新调查05年的几起命案 |
[18:02] | Every plaintiff’s attorney in the city is gonna be lining up to sue | 城里所有原告律师都会等着 |
[18:05] | on behalf of Aaron Colville’s family. | 代表艾伦·科威尔的家人进行指控 |
[18:15] | This good? | 这样可以了吧 |
[18:16] | Yes, Mr. Pohlua. | 好的 普路先生 |
[18:17] | Those are the dentures we’re looking for. | 这就是我们在找的假牙 |
[18:19] | You can stop smiling now. | 你可以别笑了 |
[18:23] | Not bad, huh? | 还不错 不是么 |
[18:25] | Very nice. | 很好 |
[18:26] | You can look as long as you want. | 你想看多久都行 |
[18:29] | But I think the dentures you’re looking for | 不过我想你要找的假牙 |
[18:32] | are right here. | 其实在这里 |
[18:33] | You maintain more than one set of dentures? | 你有不止一个假牙 |
[18:35] | The set I got in prison never fit very well. | 在监狱装的那个不太好用 |
[18:37] | I replaced them as soon as I could. | 一有机会我就换了 |
[18:40] | But I held on to them | 但这个我还留着 |
[18:43] | to remind myself how bad it got when I was using. | 提醒我自己当年堕落的吸毒史 |
[18:46] | Can you tell us where you were on the 12th and the 16th of last month? | 上月12号和16号你在哪里 |
[18:49] | You said the 16th, right? | 16号吗 |
[18:52] | Is it okay if I take my shirt off? | 我能把衣服脱了吗 |
[18:55] | That’s an inspiring story, Mr. Deer. | 真是个感人的故事 迪尔先生 |
[18:57] | Unfortunately, it’s not a suitable alibi. | 不幸这并不是一个合适的不在场证明 |
[18:59] | You could’ve switched dentures. | 也许你把假牙换回来了 |
[19:01] | Not really, though. | 不可能 |
[19:02] | When I bought the case, | 我买这个盒子时 |
[19:04] | I realized that the dentures was too tall for it. | 我才意识到这副假牙牙齿太长 |
[19:09] | See? | 能看到吗 |
[19:10] | I had to sand them down just to get them to fit in there. | 我只好把它打磨了下 |
[19:14] | I couldn’t wear them if I wanted to. | 就算我想 也带不上 |
[19:20] | So… | 看来… |
[19:21] | shingles was no fun. | 得带状疱疹可不好玩 |
[19:23] | But if the hospital stay takes me out of the running | 但如果住院排除了我的嫌疑 |
[19:26] | in your manhunt, uh, it was worth it. | 那也值了 |
[19:29] | You can go now, Mr. Pohlua. | 你可以走了 普路先生 |
[19:39] | Aside from the fact I find your taste abhorrent, | 虽然我觉得你的品位很恶心 |
[19:41] | it does appears you are, in fact, innocent. | 但你的确是无辜的 |
[19:43] | I know that. | 这我知道 |
[19:44] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[19:46] | Your dentures are chipped. | 你的假牙碎了 |
[19:47] | By the looks of your left bicuspid, | 就你左边的双尖牙看来 |
[19:49] | you broke it several years ago, | 你是几年前弄碎的 |
[19:50] | and you haven’t stopped drinking coffee since. | 而你之后一直保留了喝咖啡的习惯 |
[19:53] | So? | 所以呢 |
[19:53] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[20:03] | Three suspects interviewed, | 询问了三个嫌疑人 |
[20:04] | three suspects exonerated. | 都排除了 |
[20:06] | So, who’s the guy we can’t find? | 我们没找到的是哪个 |
[20:08] | Daniel Escalante. | 丹尼尔·艾斯卡拉特 |
[20:10] | Three arrests for aggravated sexual assault. | 三次因重度性侵犯被捕 |
[20:12] | Apparently, he’s no longer at the address parole has on file. | 显然 他现在没住在假释记录的地址那了 |
[20:15] | Missed the last couple of meetings with his PO, too. | 最近几次也没去假释官那报到 |
[20:18] | He’s the only one left, | 就剩他一个人了 |
[20:19] | so I guess he’s our new lead suspect. | 所以我看他就是我们新的主要嫌疑人了 |
[20:30] | Your medical records have arrived. | 你的医疗记录到了 |
[20:33] | Why are you looking into the recent case history | 你为什么要看乔纳森·弗雷明医生 |
[20:34] | of Dr. Jonathan Fleming? | 近期经手的病历呢 |
[20:37] | Once again, opening my packages. | 你又私自打开我的包裹了 |
[20:39] | We have enemies, Watson. | 我们有敌人 华生 |
[20:41] | I needed to make sure there was nothing dangerous in here. | 我得确保里面没有危险的东西 |
[20:43] | Well, when I went to see Dr. Fleming yesterday, | 我昨天去见弗雷明医生的时候 |
[20:44] | he said he “Makes calls all the time”” | 他说他”总是有决定权” |
[20:46] | There was just something about the way he said it. | 他说话的方式有点不对劲 |
[20:50] | So you think he routinely denies adequate care | 你觉得他习惯性地对他认为不值得的人 |
[20:52] | to people he deems unworthy? | 不给予充分治疗吗 |
[20:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:57] | Something just wasn’t right. | 就觉得有地方不对劲 |
[20:58] | I asked an old friend to copy some records for me. | 我让一个老朋友帮我复印一些记录 |
[21:02] | So, unable to do anything about the unprovable incident | 对自己亲眼所见无法证明的事故 |
[21:04] | that you witnessed personally, | 无能为力 |
[21:06] | you thought you’d get to the bottom of some | 所以你就想查清一些 |
[21:08] | that you weren’t involved in at all. | 你根本没有参与的事故 |
[21:13] | We’re investigating the so-called “Colville murders.” | 我们在调查所谓的”科威尔谋杀案” |
[21:17] | Once the police track down Daniel Escalante, | 一旦警察找到丹尼尔·艾斯卡拉特 |
[21:19] | we’ll most likely have the person responsible. | 我们很可能就找到了凶手 |
[21:21] | Why is that not enough for you? | 这对你来说不够吗 |
[21:24] | What were you thinking when the paramedics | 急救人员把艾伦·科威尔 |
[21:26] | brought Aaron Colville into the operating room? | 带进手术室的时候你在想什么 |
[21:36] | He was an organ donor. | 他是个器官捐献人 |
[21:39] | And yes, for a second, | 的确 有那么一瞬间 |
[21:40] | I wondered if the world would be better off if… | 我想这世界会不会变得更好 |
[21:44] | if we just let him die. | 如果我们就让他死掉 |
[21:48] | So it’s possible that your colleague | 所以很可能你同事 |
[21:50] | had exactly the same thought process that you did | 也有你这种想法 |
[21:51] | but decided to go through with it. | 但他决定真的要这么做 |
[21:55] | It’s also possible that he’s saying the truth; | 也可能他说的是实话 |
[21:57] | that he had no idea who Colville was, | 他完全不知道科威尔是谁 |
[21:59] | and that you’re just projecting your hesitation onto Dr. Fleming. | 你只是把你的犹豫投射到他身上 |
[22:02] | As it stands at the moment, we’ll never know, will we? | 就目前来说 我们永远也不会知道 是不是 |
[22:07] | Now, is it possible that you’ll find a piece of evidence in there | 你可能会在里面找到某些证据 |
[22:10] | which suggests that he’s a multiple offender? | 证明他多次作案吗 |
[22:11] | Well, yes, I suppose it is. | 是啊 我想有可能 |
[22:14] | But I don’t think that catching Dr. Fleming | 但我觉得抓住弗雷明医生 |
[22:16] | is at the heart of this particular matter. | 并不是这件事的关键 |
[22:18] | I think it’s about you forgiving yourself | 我想是你想原谅你自己 |
[22:20] | for a less than noble, if entirely understandable, thought. | 有那个不是很高尚但完全可以理解的念头 |
[22:24] | Which, I’ll remind you, | 再提醒你一句 |
[22:26] | you didn’t act on. | 你并没有那么做 |
[22:37] | Watson. | 华生 |
[22:39] | Have you slept? | 你睡觉了吗 |
[22:41] | Did you know the surviving members of the Grateful Dead | 你知道”感恩而死”余下的成员 |
[22:42] | occasionally tour together under the name Furthur? | 有时以”更远”的名义一起巡演吗 |
[22:46] | No. | 不知道 |
[22:47] | The name derives from the placard | 这名字源自于肯·克西 |
[22:47] | 美国著名小说家 《飞越疯人院》作者 1964年驾着漆成五颜六色的校巴游遍全美 | |
[22:48] | atop Ken Kesey’s infamous bus, of course. | 那辆臭名昭著的校车的名字 |
[22:50] | Anyway, just got off the phone with Detective Bell. | 不管怎样 刚和贝尔警探打完电话 |
[22:52] | Apparently, Daniel Escalante is a major fan of the band | 丹尼尔·艾斯卡拉特是这个乐队的铁粉 |
[22:55] | and he’s following them on tour for the past several months. | 他最近几个月一直在追随乐队巡演 |
[22:57] | It’s why he wasn’t at the address we have on file for him | 所以他并没住在登记在文件上的地址 |
[22:59] | and why he hasn’t checked in with his parole officer. | 也没去和他的假释官报道 |
[23:02] | So, if Escalante has been out of town… | 所以如果艾斯卡拉特出城了… |
[23:04] | I personally have seen an undoctored image | 我脑海中浮现出一个人 |
[23:05] | of the man selling grilled cheese sandwiches | 在田纳西停车场 |
[23:06] | from a parking lot in Tennessee. | 卖烤乳酪三明治的景象 |
[23:08] | He’s not the man we’re looking for. | 他不是我们要找的人 |
[23:09] | Which means there’s no man we’re looking for. | 也就是说我们没人找了 |
[23:11] | Not at the moment, no. | 目前没有 |
[23:13] | So why do I have to get dressed? | 那我为什么要穿衣服 |
[23:15] | We’re going back to Newgate Correctional. | 我们要再去纽盖特劳改监狱 |
[23:17] | The dentures which match Aaron Colville | 跟艾伦·科威尔牙齿相符的假牙 |
[23:18] | were only made and manufactured there. | 是在那里制作生产的 |
[23:20] | So we’re going to spend some quality time with their files. | 所以我们要去好好地查阅一下他们的文件 |
[23:31] | Uh, this is pretty much everything we’ve got. | 基本上所有文件都在这了 |
[23:34] | If you could tell me what you’re looking for, maybe I could, | 如果你能告诉我你们在找什么 |
[23:37] | I don’t know, narrow it down for you. | 或许我能帮你减小范围 |
[23:39] | Would that we could, Stan. Would that we could. | 如果我们知道会告诉你的 斯坦 |
[23:41] | Unfortunately, it’s not that kind of search. | 很不幸 并不是那种搜查 |
[23:42] | We won’t know what we’re looking for until we find it. | 在找到之前 我们不知道要找的是什么 |
[23:45] | Okay. Well, everything’s alphabetical. | 好吧 一切都是按字母排列的 |
[23:48] | Pretty much. | 基本是吧 |
[23:51] | Right. I suppose I’ll take, uh… | 好 我就负责 |
[23:56] | this half. | 这一半 |
[24:15] | Watson. | 华生 |
[24:16] | I’m taking a break. | 让我休息会 |
[24:18] | Actually, we’re finished here. Have a look. | 其实 咱的活干完了 看看吧 |
[24:26] | It’s the inmate file of one Stanislav Divac. | 这是斯坦尼斯拉夫·迪瓦兹的入狱资料 |
[24:31] | Stan was an inmate here? | 斯坦在这里监禁过 |
[24:32] | For a time. He started working here | 有一段时间 他在受监禁期间 |
[24:34] | while he was incarcerated. | 开始在这里工作 |
[24:36] | When he was freed, he held onto his job. | 当他被释放后 他还继续这工作 |
[24:38] | Who else was gonna hire a convicted sex offender? | 也没有谁会愿意雇佣一个性犯罪者 |
[24:40] | There’s absolutely nothing in his dental records, | 他的牙科记录里什么都没有 |
[24:42] | but his file says he was treated in the infirmary | 但资料说他去医务室接受过治疗 |
[24:44] | for a savage beating he received in the yard in 2000. | 因为2000年在院子里被胖揍了一顿 |
[24:47] | According to the report, | 根据报告说 |
[24:48] | he lost virtually all of his teeth. | 他的牙齿几乎都掉光了 |
[24:51] | So you think Dr. Nolan replaced all of Stan’s teeth for him. | 你认为诺兰医生给斯坦换了整套牙吗 |
[24:53] | He did it with no official record | 他没有留下任何正式记录 |
[24:55] | so that his valued assistant | 这样他宝贵的助手 |
[24:56] | would not have to wait for treatment. | 就不用等着走程序候诊了 |
[24:58] | I’d do the same for you if you lost | 如果你在监狱斗殴里丢了所有牙齿 |
[24:59] | all your teeth in a prison fight. | 我也会对你这么做的 |
[25:12] | I need to see your assistant. | 我需要见你的助手 |
[25:14] | Oh, uh, Stan went home a while ago… | 斯坦刚才回家了 |
[25:17] | right when you guys got here. | 就在你们来之后 |
[25:18] | He said it was an emergency. | 他说是紧急事件 |
[25:19] | Is everything all right? | 出了什么事吗 |
[25:20] | No, not really, no. | 对 有事 |
[25:22] | I think you may have been employing a murderer, | 我想你可能雇了一个杀人犯 |
[25:23] | and in all likelihood, he just became a fugitive. | 而且很有可能 他现在成了在逃犯 |
[25:35] | That’s interesting. | 真有趣 |
[25:36] | Our Mr. Divac castrated himself. | 咱们的迪瓦兹博士阉割了自己 |
[25:39] | Have a look. It’s right here in the photographs | 来看看 就在这照片里 |
[25:41] | the Rockland County Police took | 洛克兰郡警方在 |
[25:43] | when they raided his home. | 突袭他家时拍下的 |
[25:44] | How about I take your word for it? | 我相信你说的就是了 |
[25:45] | No, no, no, don’t be squeamish. | 别别 别这么拘谨 |
[25:46] | He did it chemically. | 他用化学方法处理的 |
[25:48] | The officers who invaded Stan’s place | 突袭斯坦家的警官 |
[25:50] | didn’t take special notice, | 没有特别留心 |
[25:51] | but if you look at the medicine cabinet, | 但是如果你看看药橱 |
[25:53] | he has a prescription for MPA. | 他有处方药甲孕酮 |
[25:54] | That’s medroxyprogesterone acetate. | 那是醋酸甲羟孕酮片 |
[25:57] | MPA… | 甲孕酮 |
[25:58] | That’s the drug they force sex offenders to take. | 那是他们逼迫性犯罪者吃的药 |
[26:01] | Could explain how he went dormant for so long. | 也就解释了他为什么隐匿了这么久 |
[26:03] | He probably couldn’t believe his luck | 他估计都不相信自己的好运 |
[26:04] | when Colville took the rap | 科威尔居然为发生在 |
[26:05] | for the first two murders in 2005. | 2005年的头两桩谋杀案背了黑锅 |
[26:08] | Decided to do everything he could to suppress his urges. | 决定尽一切努力压制自己的欲望 |
[26:10] | Mmm, ingesting mass quantities | 吞下大量的 |
[26:11] | of synthesized progesterone will generally do the trick. | 合成黄体酮通常能达到效果 |
[26:14] | Looks like it was self-prescribed. | 看起来是自开药方 |
[26:15] | The bottle has a Medis RX label, | 瓶子有密迪斯处方药标签 |
[26:18] | which is a British mail-order company. | 是一间英国邮购公司 |
[26:20] | No doctor’s signature required. | 不需要医生的签字 |
[26:22] | Have a look at the date. The bottle is half full. | 看看日期 瓶子是半满的 |
[26:24] | He should have run out two months ago. | 他两个月前就应该吃完了 |
[26:26] | Well, if he stopped taking the drug 60 days ago, | 如果他是六十天前停药的 |
[26:28] | it’d take about that long for his body to flush it. | 那么这段时间足够用来摆脱药效了 |
[26:30] | I just got off with the Rockland County sheriff. | 我刚和洛克兰郡警长谈过 |
[26:32] | Divac is in the wind. | 迪瓦兹还在逃 |
[26:33] | His social media accounts have been deleted, | 他的社交网站账号都被删掉了 |
[26:35] | and he hit up an ATM near the prison. | 并且在监狱附近的取款机出现过 |
[26:38] | Sheriff says her roadblocks are quiet. | 警长说路障那边没什么动静 |
[26:41] | I mean, maybe we’re lucky, | 要是我们幸运的话 |
[26:42] | and he’s laying low inside the radius, | 他决定在原地低调等着 |
[26:43] | but chances are he’s long gone. | 但很有可能他早跑掉了 |
[26:46] | We already put it out to the TSA. | 我们已经通知了运输安全局 |
[26:48] | Spotlight on Croatia. | 重点关注克罗地亚 |
[26:50] | Divac came over from there when he was a kid. | 迪瓦兹小时候是从那里过来的 |
[26:53] | You emigrate from a non-extradition country, | 你从一个无引渡条例的国家移民来 |
[26:55] | probably where you head when it hits the fan. | 很可能在出事后再回去 |
[26:57] | Well, that wasn’t his first stop. | 那肯定不是他的第一站 |
[26:58] | He left the prison in a hurry, | 他离开监狱时很匆忙 |
[27:00] | but his toiletries were missing from his house, | 但是他的洗漱用品却不在家里 |
[27:01] | and there was no suitcase there. | 并且也没有手提箱 |
[27:03] | He obviously went back to his home | 他肯定回过家 |
[27:04] | even though he knew he was taking a risk. | 即便知道那要冒很大的风险 |
[27:06] | I think that he might have gone back to pick up his dog. | 我觉得他可能会回来带走他的狗 |
[27:11] | Did Rockland PD mention | 洛克兰警方有没有提到过 |
[27:12] | anything about animals at the residence? | 他家里有动物的事 |
[27:15] | Rings where the bowls would have been. | 圈印是之前放饭盆的地方 |
[27:17] | That’s well-spotted, Watson. | 不错的发现 华生 |
[27:19] | I’ll revise the BOLO. | 我去更新下协查通报 |
[27:20] | Advise them the suspect | 告诉他们嫌犯 |
[27:22] | may be traveling with his pet. | 可能会与其宠物一同行动 |
[27:25] | No, I did not know they made a model for dentures | 不 我不知道他们根据艾伦的牙齿 |
[27:29] | based on Aaron’s mouth. None of us did. | 做了假牙 我们都不知道 |
[27:32] | This has all been such a nightmare. | 这一切就是场噩梦 |
[27:35] | I don’t know what I’m going to do. | 我不知道我该怎么办 |
[27:38] | Everybody’s telling me to sue, | 每个人都建议我去起诉 |
[27:40] | but that’s not going to give me my son back. | 但那样做也换不回我的儿子 |
[27:44] | I’m sure time spent with Aaron Colville’s mother | 我想和艾伦·科威尔的母亲独处 |
[27:46] | is just the thing to cheer you up. | 一定能让你打起精神 |
[27:48] | Actually, if you are going to be wallowing | 事实上 如果你接下来想要 |
[27:49] | in your own guilty feelings for the next 20 minutes or so, | 在懊悔的情感里沉溺20来分钟的话 |
[27:51] | it’s going to work out nicely if you’d just | 在书房以外更私人的空间 |
[27:53] | stay out of the library while you’re doing it. | 也许会更有效些 |
[27:55] | I’m not wallowing. I’m watching a news report | 我没有沉溺 我在看关于 |
[27:56] | on the case we’re working. | 我们这件案子的新闻报道 |
[27:59] | Is that a giant prom dress? | 那是件毕业舞会的礼服吗 |
[28:01] | It seems to me that Stan Divac must have deleted | 我觉得 斯坦·迪瓦兹逃跑前 |
[28:03] | his social media pages for a reason | 删掉他社交网站账号 |
[28:05] | before he went on the run. | 一定是有原因的 |
[28:06] | There must be something in there. | 那里肯定有些信息 |
[28:07] | So I reached out to our friends at Everyone | 所以我联系上了”人人”的朋友 |
[28:08] | to see if they could unearth some cached copies. | 看看他们能不能找到些缓存副本 |
[28:11] | And in return, you’re going to…? | 那么作为回报 你打算… |
[28:12] | I meant to record myself performing the songs | 我打算表演几首《冰雪奇缘》里的歌 |
[28:14] | from something called Frozen. | 录下来给他们 |
[28:15] | Oh. Break a leg. | 祝你成功 |
[28:32] | Why did you dress Clyde up like a shark? | 你为什么把克莱德打扮得像条鲨鱼 |
[28:35] | Ms. Hudson is concerned the winter has been unduly harsh on him, | 哈德森女士担心冬天对它来说太难熬 |
[28:38] | so she knitted him several turtle cozies. | 所以给它织了几件小龟套 |
[28:40] | I find them amusing to look at. | 我觉得看起来挺好玩的 |
[28:42] | Thought it would be a nice way to wake up. | 你醒来看到它应该感觉不错 |
[28:43] | We need to get to a veterinarian’s office | 我们得去一家位于洛克兰郡的 |
[28:45] | – in Rockland County. – Excuse me? | -兽医院 -你说什么 |
[28:47] | My performance was extraordinary. | 我的演出异常成功 |
[28:49] | Everyone concerned seemed to agree that it rivaled, | “人人”的黑客们觉得即使不能说是超越 |
[28:51] | if not surpassed, the original. | 也至少跟原唱有一拼 |
[28:53] | So Everyone sent you copies of Divac’s stuff? | 所以他们给你发了迪瓦兹的资料 |
[28:56] | Mmm. There will come a day when criminals realize | 对 总有一天罪犯们会意识到 |
[28:58] | that they shouldn’t use social media, | 他们不应该使用社交媒体 |
[28:59] | but I just hope I don’t live to see it. | 但我希望自己不要等到那一天的到来 |
[29:02] | Everyone was able to uncover a rather large album | “人人”从斯坦的页面 |
[29:05] | of cached images from Stan’s page. | 挖出一大堆缓存图片 |
[29:08] | Hundreds of photographs, all perfectly innocuous, | 数百张照片 全都一副无辜样 |
[29:11] | most of them featuring | 其中大部分照片里 |
[29:12] | a rather charming Wheaton terrier called Max. | 都有一条很可爱的叫做麦克斯的惠顿梗 |
[29:15] | He’s cute. | 是很可爱 |
[29:18] | Is he sick? | 它病了吗 |
[29:20] | The captions tell the rather harrowing tale | 配图文字讲述了一个悲惨的故事 |
[29:22] | of Max’s brave battle with canine prostate cancer. | 关于麦克斯如何与犬类前列腺癌搏斗 |
[29:26] | He’s been undergoing chemotherapy. | 它正在进行化疗 |
[29:27] | Now, the good news is he’s responded rather well | 好消息是 前两个疗程的效果 |
[29:30] | to the first two treatments. | 相当不错 |
[29:31] | The even better news is his third treatment | 更好的消息是 它的第三个疗程 |
[29:33] | is scheduled for this morning. | 就定在今天早上 |
[29:43] | My guys are getting antsy. | 我的手下开始烦躁起来了 |
[29:44] | How much longer you want to stay here? | 你们还打算在这里待多久 |
[29:46] | As long as it takes. | 需要多久就待多久 |
[29:48] | His web page didn’t specify the time of the appointment. | 他的网页并没有明确说明预约时间 |
[29:53] | Good morning. My friend here has an appointment at 10:30. | 早上好 我的朋友十点半有个预约 |
[29:58] | The dog looks familiar, | 这条狗看着很眼熟 |
[30:00] | but I don’t recognize the guy. | 但我不认识这个人 |
[30:02] | I’ve seen him before. | 我之前见过他 |
[30:04] | There were a bunch of pictures of him on Divac’s profile. | 迪瓦兹的页面里有很多他的照片 |
[30:07] | They’re friends from the dog park. | 他们是在狗公园里认识的朋友 |
[30:08] | Okay, so Divac gave his dog away and then skipped town? | 迪瓦兹把他的狗送人然后自己跑了吗 |
[30:13] | Let’s find out. | 让我们来一探究竟吧 |
[30:17] | Excuse me. Are you housing one Stan Divac? | 不好意思 请问斯坦·迪瓦兹住在你家吗 |
[30:21] | Uh, who? | 谁 |
[30:23] | That was terrible. Do you want another go? | 太糟糕了 想再试一次吗 |
[30:25] | Your friend Stan may have told you he’s in trouble. | 你的朋友斯坦可能告诉过你他有麻烦 |
[30:27] | Did he also tell you it has to do with murder | 那他有没有告诉过你是跟谋杀罪有关 |
[30:29] | and that you’re exposing yourself to felony charges by helping him? | 而帮助他可能让你自己面临重罪指控 |
[30:35] | Please, can you take these off? | 求你了 能不能把这个解开 |
[30:37] | My hand really hurts. | 我的手真的好痛 |
[30:38] | Sure… if you can give us an alibi | 当然可以 只要你能提供 |
[30:41] | for the 12th and the 16th of last month. | 上个月12号和16号的不在场证明 |
[30:43] | I told you. I was home. | 我跟你说了 我在家 |
[30:45] | I’m home most nights. | 我大部分晚上都在家 |
[30:49] | You were home those nights… | 这两个晚上你是独自一人 |
[30:50] | alone? | 在家吗 |
[30:52] | Yes. I live alone. I forgot it was a crime. | 是的 我独居 我忘了这也是罪过 |
[30:56] | I’m sorry. My hand really hurts. | 抱歉 我的手真的好痛 |
[30:58] | Is there something you can give me for…? | 你能不能给我一点… |
[30:59] | Stan, we know about the MPA. | 斯坦 我们知道甲孕酮的事了 |
[31:02] | We know you stopped taking it. | 我们知道你停了药 |
[31:09] | I made some mistakes when I was young, | 年轻的时候我犯了些错 |
[31:12] | but I did my time. | 但我为此坐了牢 |
[31:14] | When I got out, I didn’t want to slip. | 出来之后 我不想再堕落 |
[31:16] | The medicine helped, but it is terrible stuff. | 那种药有帮助 但也很可怕 |
[31:19] | I’ve had kidney problems. I gained some weight. | 我的肾脏出了问题 我的体重增加了 |
[31:23] | I thought, you know, | 我想 你懂的 |
[31:25] | if the old… | 如果能找回 |
[31:27] | spark came back, | 过去的激情 |
[31:31] | I’m smarter now. | 我现在更聪明了 |
[31:33] | I could control it. | 我可以控制 |
[31:35] | But then I quit the stuff… | 但是我停了药之后 |
[31:39] | and there was nothing. | 什么也没发生 |
[31:41] | I don’t know if being on it all those years changed me | 我不知道是吃了这么久的药改变了我 |
[31:45] | or if I just got old. | 还是我已经老了 |
[31:48] | But I don’t want to hurt anybody anymore. | 但我不希望再伤害任何人 |
[31:52] | I just want to play with my dog, you know? | 我只想跟我的狗一起玩 你懂吗 |
[31:54] | Stan. | 斯坦 |
[31:55] | You ran from the police. | 你从警察手下逃走 |
[31:58] | I know how it looks. | 我知道别人会怎么想 |
[31:59] | I should have just told them | 他们问到假牙的时候 |
[32:00] | when they asked about the dentures, but I… | 我本来应该告诉他们的 但我… |
[32:03] | I thought, “How’s it gonna look?” you know? | 我想 别人会怎么看 你知道吗 |
[32:04] | I’m registered. | 我是有前科的人 |
[32:05] | I’ve got the same teeth as this guy. | 我跟这家伙有一样的牙齿 |
[32:08] | I thought, “Nobody’s gonna believe me.” | 我想 不会有人相信我的 |
[32:11] | Now nobody does. I didn’t do… | 不会有的 我没有做… |
[32:13] | Oh, God! God, my hand… | 天呐 我的手 |
[32:15] | Something’s really wrong. | 真的不太对劲 |
[32:17] | Just hold on. | 等一下 |
[32:29] | She was a doctor, Stan. | 她以前是个医生 斯坦 |
[32:30] | Let her look at it. | 让她看看 |
[32:33] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[32:41] | Yeah, uh, uh… okay. | 好啦好啦 |
[32:43] | Looks like he might have fractured | 看起来他的第二掌骨 |
[32:44] | his second metacarpal. When did this happen? | 可能骨折了 什么时候发生的 |
[32:46] | Uh, it hurt when they put me in the car. | 他们把我带上车的时候开始痛的 |
[32:48] | Got worse as we drove over. | 我们到这里的时候更痛了 |
[32:50] | I mean, you kind of have to sit on your hands, you know? | 我不得不坐在我的手上 懂吗 |
[32:53] | All right, all right. Let’s get him to the hospital. | 好吧 我们送他去医院 |
[32:55] | It’s hardly a mortal wound. | 不是什么致命伤 |
[32:57] | We have rules. | 我们有规定 |
[32:59] | And our lawyers are already busy this week. | 而且这周我们的律师已经够忙了 |
[33:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:04] | You’re still under arrest for murder. | 你仍然是谋杀案嫌疑犯 |
[33:07] | This way. Come on. | 这边 走吧 |
[33:13] | Come on, turn here. | 这边走 |
[33:15] | He was gonna crack. | 他都快招了 |
[33:16] | Actually, I don’t think he was. | 我觉得他不会招供 |
[33:19] | I don’t think he did it. | 我认为不是他干的 |
[33:20] | I don’t think he killed any of those women. | 我觉得他不是杀人凶手 |
[33:30] | The most recent victim’s name was Alexandra Stine. | 最近的受害人叫亚历山德拉·斯泰恩 |
[33:33] | When her body was found, | 她的尸体被发现的时候 |
[33:34] | her torso wasn’t scratched or bruised. | 身体上没有刮痕和淤青 |
[33:36] | It wasn’t her body that shattered this glass. | 撞碎镜子的并不是她 |
[33:39] | She fought back against her killer | 被袭击时她出手反抗 |
[33:40] | and slammed him into that mirror. | 使得凶手撞破了镜子 |
[33:42] | If that was Stan Divac, | 如果凶手是斯坦·迪瓦兹 |
[33:43] | he would still be in a full body cast. | 他肯定全身绑满绷带 |
[33:45] | I don’t follow. | 我不明白 |
[33:47] | He has osteoporosis. | 他有骨质疏松症 |
[33:48] | The MPA. | 因为甲孕酮 |
[33:49] | Stan’s system was ravaged | 斯坦的身体 |
[33:51] | by the chemical castration drugs. | 饱受化学阉割药物的困扰 |
[33:52] | Bone loss is a common side effect. | 骨质疏松是常见的副作用 |
[33:57] | When his left leg | 去年他的左腿 |
[33:57] | was in a cast last year, | 打上石膏的时候 |
[33:58] | he told his 13 followers | 他对十三个粉丝说 |
[34:00] | that he’d “Stepped awkwardly on the curb.” | 他不小心踩上了马路牙子 |
[34:02] | He’s a brittle man. | 他是个容易受伤的人 |
[34:04] | Dr. Murray said | 默里医生说 |
[34:05] | he hasn’t missed one day of work this year. | 他今年每天都按时来上班 |
[34:06] | So there is no way | 所以他不可能 |
[34:08] | that he was rammed into this wall last month. | 在上个月里撞上那堵墙 |
[34:10] | Let’s just review. | 我们从头理一遍 |
[34:11] | The guy’s teeth match all four murders. | 这家伙的牙齿和四起谋杀案都匹配 |
[34:14] | He’s got no alibi, | 没有不在场证明 |
[34:16] | he’s got a history of violent sexual assault, | 有过暴力性侵史 |
[34:18] | he’s off his meds, | 没有按时服药 |
[34:20] | he lied to you, | 他还骗了你 |
[34:21] | and he went on the run. | 并且还试图逃跑 |
[34:23] | You two find someone else that checks all those boxes, | 你们如果能找出第二个满足这些条件的人 |
[34:25] | come find me. | 记得来找我 |
[34:29] | Who keeps texting you? | 是谁一直给你发信息 |
[34:31] | The captain can be brought round. | 警监会改变看法的 |
[34:32] | We’ll regroup at home. | 我们回家重新想办法 |
[34:34] | Actually, I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[34:42] | Did you have Carol Patton | 你是不是向卡罗尔·巴顿 |
[34:43] | send copies of my records to you? | 要过我的行医记录 |
[34:45] | It wasn’t her fault. | 这和她没关系 |
[34:46] | No. She thought she was complying | 没错 她还以为 |
[34:48] | with an official investigation. | 自己在协助一项官方调查 |
[34:51] | That’s illegal in so many different ways. | 这其中不合法的地方要多少有多少 |
[34:53] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[34:54] | You said that you… | 你说过你 |
[34:55] | you “Make calls” all the time. | 总是”有决定权” |
[34:57] | So you thought I was admitting to killing people? | 所以你觉得我是在承认谋杀 |
[35:00] | Given what you said to me a few days ago, | 鉴于前几天你对我说过的话 |
[35:02] | I-I thought it was reasonable to review your history. | 我觉得的确需要检查你的记录 |
[35:06] | I don’t know that a court will agree. | 我不认为法院会同意 |
[35:09] | So let me ask you something: | 我来问问你 |
[35:11] | Do you think that I’m a serial killer? | 你觉得我是连环杀手吗 |
[35:17] | So I’m going to tell you something, Joan, | 我有事想告诉你 乔恩 |
[35:19] | because I hold all the cards here. | 因为我无所顾忌 |
[35:22] | But maybe if you hear what really happened that night, | 知道那晚发生了什么之后 |
[35:25] | it’ll give you some peace | 说不定你就会平定下来 |
[35:26] | and, uh, I don’t know, let you end this. | 放下这一切 |
[35:29] | I will not ever admit to saying this. | 我不会向别人承认我说过这些话 |
[35:34] | I knew who Colville was. | 我知道科威尔是谁 |
[35:36] | And he did say something to me. | 他确实和我说过话 |
[35:39] | It was his last words. | 那是他的临终遗言 |
[35:42] | I mean, he was doped up. | 那时他处于麻醉中 |
[35:43] | I don’t know if he thought I was a priest, | 可能他把我误认为是牧师了 |
[35:45] | but he said that he wanted to confess. | 他说他想忏悔 |
[35:49] | He’d murdered two women. | 他确实杀过两个女人 |
[35:53] | So… | 所以 |
[35:56] | did I withhold treatment? | 我是否延误了治疗呢 |
[36:01] | I honestly don’t know. | 我自己也说不清 |
[36:04] | So Aaron Colville confessed to the murders | 艾伦·科威尔在临终的时候 |
[36:07] | with his dying words? | 承认了谋杀吗 |
[36:08] | Dr. Fleming said he confessed. | 弗雷明医生说他承认了 |
[36:10] | I would take that with a heaping pile of salt. | 我可不敢保证他说的都是事实 |
[36:12] | Why? Does he have a particular reason to lie to you? | 为什么 难道他有什么撒谎的动机吗 |
[36:15] | There’s no need | 他现在根本 |
[36:16] | for him to change his story now. | 用不着改口 |
[36:18] | As he said, he holds all the cards. | 如他所说 他无所顾忌 |
[36:21] | He’d be best served | 要是他坚持原来的说法 |
[36:21] | by hewing to what he’s said all along. | 我们反而无法怀疑他 |
[36:23] | So you think Dr. Fleming | 所以你觉得弗雷明医生 |
[36:24] | really wanted to tell me what happened? | 告诉我的是事实吗 |
[36:26] | I think it’s worth considering. | 很有可能是这样 |
[36:27] | May I remind you we’re looking for | 需要我提醒你对这件案子 |
[36:29] | fresh perspective on this case? | 我们需要新的解决思路吗 |
[36:30] | I had been considering burning the files, | 我还曾想过要把文件都烧掉 |
[36:32] | but this is less melodramatic. | 但是那样显得太夸张了 |
[36:34] | Aaron Colville has been dead for years, | 艾伦·科威尔已经死了好几年了 |
[36:35] | but someone with his teeth killed two women a month ago. | 但上月有人用了他的牙齿还杀了两个女人 |
[36:38] | Yes, but if Colville killed those woman in 2005, | 没错 但如果科威尔在2005年杀了她们 |
[36:43] | this may suggest motive. | 这也许能成为动机 |
[36:45] | Whoever’s committing the murders in the present day | 无论现在犯下谋杀的凶手是谁 |
[36:47] | wants us to know about the dentures. | 都希望我们知道假牙的事 |
[36:49] | They want to cast doubt | 并使我们怀疑 |
[36:50] | on who killed those women all those years ago. | 几年前究竟是谁杀了那两个女人 |
[36:53] | Why would anybody do that? | 谁会那么做 |
[36:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:55] | Not yet. | 现在还不知道 |
[36:57] | The question becomes: Who stands to benefit most | 问题是 证明艾伦·科威尔无罪 |
[36:59] | from Aaron Colville’s exoneration? | 谁获益最大 |
[37:19] | …based on Aaron’s mouth. | 根据艾伦的牙齿 |
[37:21] | None of us did. This has all been such a nightmare. | 我们都不知道 这一切就是场噩梦 |
[37:25] | I don’t know what I’m going to do. | 我不知道我该怎么办 |
[37:28] | Everybody’s telling me to sue, | 每个人都建议我去起诉 |
[37:31] | but that’s not going to give me my son back. | 但那样做也换不回我的儿子 |
[37:34] | Colville’s mother. | 科威尔的母亲 |
[37:36] | She’s just filed a nine-figure lawsuit against the city. | 她刚起诉市政府要求九位数的赔偿 |
[37:39] | And she bludgeoned two women half her age? | 真是她弄死了两个年轻女人吗 |
[37:43] | Ruth Colville raised a psychopathic killer. | 露丝·科威尔养了个疯子杀人犯 |
[37:45] | Do you think Aaron’s childhood home was a happy one? | 你觉得艾伦的童年会幸福吗 |
[37:48] | I’m sure she’s more than capable. | 她绝对有这本事 |
[37:50] | You have questions. So do I. | 你有疑问 我也是 |
[37:53] | I’m sure a thorough search of her residence | 我想彻底搜查她的住宅 |
[37:55] | will clear them up. | 就能解决这些疑问 |
[37:56] | No judge is gonna issue a warrant based on a lawsuit | 但法官不会因为这么合情合理的官司 |
[37:59] | she has every right to file. | 而签发搜查令的 |
[38:00] | We don’t need a warrant. | 我们不需要搜查令 |
[38:02] | She’s going to invite us in quite graciously. | 她会礼貌地请我们进屋的 |
[38:05] | That’s all it was. | 就是这样 |
[38:06] | The detectives. I blame the detectives. | 只怪警察们 这些都是他们的错 |
[38:13] | Thank you for speaking to us, Mrs. Colville. | 谢谢你愿意跟我们谈话 科威尔太太 |
[38:15] | I didn’t say I’d talk to you. | 我没说我愿意跟你们谈 |
[38:16] | I just didn’t leave you standing at the door. | 只是不想让你们在门外干站着 |
[38:19] | Well, I think it’s a conversation that you’ll want to have. | 我觉得你会愿意跟我们谈这个 |
[38:21] | It’s about your son. | 是关于你儿子的 |
[38:24] | I should have my lawyer here. | 我应该让我的律师过来 |
[38:26] | Yes, you should call your lawyer. We have an offer for you. | 对 你该叫上律师 我们有份提议给你 |
[38:31] | I guess you can wait in the living room. | 你们在客厅里等一会吧 |
[38:33] | Would it be a terrible inconvenience for me to use your facilities? | 真抱歉我能用一下你家的洗手间吗 |
[38:37] | Not a well man. | 有点闹肚子 |
[38:39] | It’s just down the hall. | 走廊最里头就是 |
[38:40] | Right. | 好的 |
[38:48] | My lawyer said this is unusual. | 我律师说这太不寻常了 |
[38:51] | An offer so early. | 这么早就有协议 |
[38:53] | It’s a… unusual case. | 这个案子本来就很特殊 |
[38:55] | But it’s obvious that there was a… wrong committed here. | 但很显然是有人做错了 |
[39:00] | Well, she’ll be here in a couple of minutes. | 她过一会就到 |
[39:02] | I’m not supposed to talk until then. | 在那之前我不会再说什么的 |
[39:04] | Where’s the other one? | 另一位先生呢 |
[39:05] | I’m here. Not a moment too soon. | 我在这 时间刚刚好 |
[39:08] | This grotesquerie’s gone on long enough, | 这场闹剧已经差不多该收场了 |
[39:09] | don’t you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[39:11] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[39:13] | It’s your undoing. | 是你的败笔 |
[39:15] | These are the snap-on dentures she used | 她就是用这些可脱卸式假牙 |
[39:16] | to bite Alexandra Stine and Veronica Sutter. | 咬了亚历山德拉·斯泰恩和维罗妮卡·萨特 |
[39:20] | I’ve never seen those before. | 我从没见过这些东西 |
[39:22] | A DNA test will contradict you, but I don’t think | 验一下DNA就能戳穿你的谎言 |
[39:24] | that’s going to be necessary. | 但我觉得没有必要 |
[39:25] | They’re form-fitted to your mouth. | 它们跟你的口腔很合适 |
[39:27] | Your upper right bicuspid is quite distinctive. | 你上排右侧的双尖牙很特别 |
[39:29] | Oh, look. A perfect match. | 看呐 完全吻合 |
[39:31] | You have no right. Those were in a locked box under my bed. | 你没权利这么做 这些是我锁在床下箱子里的 |
[39:35] | I thought you never saw them before. | 你不是说从没见过它们吗 |
[39:38] | I found these resting on your bathroom sink. | 我是在你浴室的水槽上看到的 |
[39:41] | And as an invited guest, I’m perfectly entitled | 作为你邀请进门的客人 我完全有权利 |
[39:44] | to inspect any items in plain view. | 察看摆在外面的东西 |
[39:46] | Oh, that must be your attorney. | 应该是你的律师到了 |
[39:48] | You might want to find someone with experience in criminal law. | 你最好找个擅长刑法的 |
[39:51] | Tell me, | 跟我说说 |
[39:52] | how did you learn of the existence | 你是怎么知道 |
[39:54] | of dentures that match your son’s teeth? | 有符合你儿子牙齿的假牙存在的 |
[39:56] | It’s the only thing I can’t piece together. | 这是我唯一想不通的事 |
[40:01] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[40:03] | You can tell us about it at the station. | 你可以去警局再告诉我们 |
[40:19] | Ruth Colville took a plea deal. | 露丝·科威尔接受了认罪协议 |
[40:22] | Captain Gregson said the transcript | 格雷森警监说她的口供 |
[40:24] | of her confession came in at 24 pages. | 足足写了24页 |
[40:28] | Apparently, Dr. Nolan, | 原来 诺兰医生 |
[40:29] | the dentist at Newgate who fashioned the dentures | 纽盖特监狱的那位根据艾伦·科威尔的牙齿 |
[40:31] | based on Aaron Colville’s teeth, | 改制假牙的牙医 |
[40:34] | only found out about the bite-mark murders | 直到死前才知道 |
[40:36] | in his dying days. | 牙印杀手的事 |
[40:37] | He wrote to Ruth and he told her to take heart– | 他写信给露丝让她振作起来 |
[40:40] | her son may not be a monster after all. | 她儿子也许并不是冷血杀人魔 |
[40:43] | She made these snap-on dentures using her son’s dental records. | 她根据儿子的牙医记录做了这些可脱卸式假牙 |
[40:47] | Apparently, she approached the young women | 显然 她找那些年轻女人 |
[40:49] | by asking for help with her groceries. | 帮她拿一下她买的日用品 |
[40:51] | Once they took her bags, she pulled a hammer out. | 当她们接过她的袋子 她就掏出了锤子 |
[40:54] | Oh. The Colvilles, such a lovely family. | 科威尔这一家 真是可爱啊 |
[40:57] | Those are your files on Fleming. | 这些是弗雷明医生的档案吗 |
[41:00] | Yep. | 对 |
[41:02] | I know as much as I ever will. | 该知道的我都知道了 |
[41:04] | And your role in the matter? | 对这事你怎么看 |
[41:05] | Aaron Colville was guilty. | 艾伦·科威尔的确有罪 |
[41:08] | Does that change things? I don’t know. | 这对救他有影响吗 我不知道 |
[41:10] | I do know | 我只知道 |
[41:11] | that I was standing over a dying patient | 站在一个垂死的病人身旁 |
[41:13] | and I was thinking about justice. | 心里却想着正义 |
[41:15] | A doctor’s not supposed to do that. | 这不是一名医生应该做的 |
[41:17] | That sounds more like a consulting detective. | 更像是一个顾问侦探 |