时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | “Now that your hand’s better, | “现在你的手恢复了 |
[00:05] | who’s gonna shake all the paint around here” | 谁来帮我们这摇油漆呢” |
[00:08] | Okay, that is in questionable taste. | 好吧 这品位真是太奇葩了 |
[00:11] | It was a gift from the guys for passing my firearms requalification. | 这是同事们庆祝我通过持枪资格重审送的礼物 |
[00:14] | Far as I’m concerned, under the circumstances, | 我觉得 在这种情况下 |
[00:16] | they can joke all they want. | 随他们怎么开玩笑都行 |
[00:17] | Well, you know I’m happy for you, too, right? | 我也为你高兴 知道吗 |
[00:20] | Prove it. A bunch of us are getting together after work Friday. | 那就证明给我看 我们周五下班有个聚会 |
[00:22] | You should come. | 你也该来 |
[00:23] | Your partner, too. | 带上你的搭档 |
[00:24] | Is that why you asked me here? | 你叫我来就是为这个吗 |
[00:25] | To invite us to a party? | 请我们去参加聚会 |
[00:27] | Actually, I was hoping to catch you and Holmes. | 其实我有事求你和福尔摩斯帮忙 |
[00:30] | A few months back, I was working a homicide out of East New York. | 几个月前 我在办一起纽约东区的谋杀案 |
[00:34] | Drug dealer named Quame Martenz | 一名叫夸米·马坦兹的毒贩 |
[00:36] | shot and killed a neighborhood kid. | 枪杀了一个社区里的孩子 |
[00:38] | We’ve liked Martenz for other shootings before, | 我们怀疑马坦兹和先前的另几起枪杀案有关 |
[00:40] | but this is the first time a witness was willing to talk. | 但这是第一次有目击者愿意开口作证 |
[00:43] | At least she was at first. | 至少她一开始愿意 |
[00:44] | Name’s Nicole Watkins. She’s 18. | 她叫妮可·沃金斯 18岁 |
[00:47] | ADA’s office called me this morning, | 助理地检官今早联络我说 |
[00:49] | said she got cold feet. | 她又害怕退缩了 |
[00:51] | Told the DA’s Office to stop calling and dropped out of sight. | 她让地检署不要再打给她 人也不见踪影 |
[00:54] | You think Martenz threatened her? | 你认为她被马坦兹威胁了 |
[00:56] | It’s a good guess. | 这是合理猜测 |
[00:57] | DA’s Office issued a material witness order, | 地检署下达了关键证人强制令 |
[00:59] | but no one can find her. | 但没人知道她的行踪 |
[01:01] | Thought maybe you guys could lend some extra eyes? | 我想也许你们能帮忙留意一下 |
[01:03] | I’m guessing if she doesn’t testify, Martenz walks. | 如果她不愿作证的话 马坦兹又能逍遥法外了 |
[01:06] | Probably. | 也许是的 |
[01:08] | All right, I will let you know if we come up with anything. | 一旦我们有发现 我立刻通知你 |
[01:13] | We find her, you’re making me a Martini with that thing. | 要是我们找到她 你就用那玩意帮我摇一杯马提尼酒 |
[01:25] | Morning, Sherman. | 早啊 谢尔曼 |
[01:26] | Miss me? | 想我了吗 |
[02:03] | Who’s there? | 谁在那 |
[02:22] | Please… stop. | 请住手 |
[02:26] | I don’t want to die. | 我不想死 |
[02:38] | Name’s Barry Granger. | 死者名叫巴瑞·格兰杰 |
[02:39] | MD, Ph.D. DOA. | 医学院博士 到达时已死亡 |
[02:42] | Lab assistant found him like this this morning, | 实验室助理今早发现他的时候就是这样 |
[02:44] | with this suicide note in his lap. | 膝盖上放着自杀遗言 |
[02:48] | “I’m sorry it’s all true. | “抱歉 那都是真的 |
[02:49] | “I can’t live any longer with what I’ve done. | 我无法容忍自己的所作所为 |
[02:52] | Barry.” | 巴瑞” |
[02:53] | Helium is common in labs like this. | 对于这样实验室来说 氦气很常用 |
[02:55] | And as morbid as it sounds, | 虽然听着有点变态 |
[02:56] | it’s supposed to be a good way to go. | 但这的确是自杀的好方法 |
[02:59] | Your body doesn’t even know it’s not receiving oxygen. | 你的身体不会有缺氧反应 |
[03:01] | You just go to sleep. And you never wake up. | 你只是睡了过去 但再也不会醒来 |
[03:03] | In other words, | 换句话说 |
[03:04] | at least by appearances, this man used what was handy | 至少表面看来 这个男人用了工作地点 |
[03:06] | in the workplace to provide himself with a convenient exit. | 随手可得的东西方便地了结了自己 |
[03:10] | But of course you have your suspicions. | 当然 你们一定发现了可疑之处 |
[03:11] | Or else we wouldn’t be here. | 否则也不会叫我们来 |
[03:13] | Granger was the first one in this morning. | 格兰杰是今早第一个到实验室的 |
[03:14] | Lab assistant found him alone. | 实验室助理到的时候发现只有他一个 |
[03:16] | Sweaty running clothes. | 汗湿的运动服 |
[03:18] | Shower stall in there is wet. | 淋浴间里是湿的 |
[03:21] | So Dr. Granger ran to work. | 所以格兰杰博士是跑步上班 |
[03:23] | And then changed here. | 然后在这换了衣服 |
[03:26] | Who does that before killing themselves? | 谁会在自杀前这么做 |
[03:28] | It’s not like a suicidal guy would worry about staying in shape. | 一心求死的人还有心思锻炼身体吗 |
[03:33] | So what do you think? | 你觉得是怎么回事 |
[03:34] | Someone put a gun to his head, forced him to do this? | 有人用枪指着他 逼他这么做吗 |
[03:37] | Nothing quite so clumsy. | 凶手没那么笨 |
[03:38] | Have a look at this. | 来看看这个 |
[03:42] | Tacky residue on the bottom of the door. | 门缝底下和地板上 |
[03:44] | And on the floor… | 有粘性的残留物 |
[03:46] | as if someone has taped the gap shut. | 应该有人用胶带封住了门缝 |
[03:48] | I need something powdery that won’t kill us. | 给我弄点毒不死我们的粉末 |
[03:50] | Surprise me. | 随便你拿什么 |
[04:10] | Care to tell us what you’re doing? | 介意告诉我们你在干什么吗 |
[04:12] | Just a moment. | 再等会儿 |
[04:26] | I think you’re right. | 我认为你说得对 |
[04:27] | Dr. Granger was murdered. | 格兰杰博士是被谋杀的 |
[04:30] | He was asphyxiated with gas while he showered. | 他在淋浴的时候 吸入某种气体窒息死亡 |
[04:32] | Most likely with helium so the M.E.’s findings | 很有可能是氦气 这样尸检结果 |
[04:35] | would match the narrative that we were meant to believe. | 就和表面看起来的吻合 |
[04:38] | The killer taped three hoses– | 凶手用了三根软管 |
[04:40] | une, deux, trois– | 一根 两根 三根 |
[04:43] | under the doorway. Sealed the gap with tape. | 从门缝下通入气体 并用胶带封死门缝 |
[04:46] | Once the victim had lost consciousness… | 等被害人失去直觉以后 |
[04:52] | he was dried, clothed, and staged. | 把他擦干 穿上衣服 摆成这个样子 |
[04:55] | Any security videos? | 有监控录像吗 |
[04:57] | There’s none in the lab. | 实验室里没有 |
[04:59] | The staff says that’s ’cause the work was confidential. | 工作人员说因为实验的内容涉及机密 |
[05:02] | I did notice a few on the way in, but… | 我来的路上注意到有几个探头 但 |
[05:04] | Given the knowledge of the lab and the victim that this murder demonstrates, | 从凶手对实验室的了解和布置出的假象看 |
[05:06] | it’s likely the killer knew how to avoid them. | 很可能凶手知道怎么逃避摄像头 |
[05:09] | I’m gonna pull the security video. | 我去调取监控录像 |
[05:11] | I’ll let you know if we get lucky. | 如果走运有线索 立刻通知你们 |
[05:17] | Excuse me… | 不好意思 |
[05:20] | Any idea what “It’s all true” refers to? | 你知道”那都是真的”指的是什么吗 |
[05:25] | A few weeks ago, Dr. Granger published | 几周前 格兰杰博士发表了一篇 |
[05:27] | the results of a study that we were doing. | 有关我们正在研究的课题成果的论文 |
[05:29] | Last week, a reader e-mailed the journal it was in, | 有个读者上周发电邮给发表论文的杂志 |
[05:32] | and said the results were faked. | 声称实验结果都是伪造的 |
[05:34] | Were they? | 到底是不是呢 |
[05:35] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[05:36] | But, uh, he was up in arms about it. | 不过他对此非常恼火 |
[05:39] | An accusation like that can ruin a guy’s career. | 这样的指控足以毁了一个人的学术生涯 |
[05:42] | What were you studying? | 你们是研究什么的 |
[05:45] | Is something troubling about that question? | 回答这个问题有什么困难吗 |
[05:46] | No, I want to help. | 不 我想帮忙破案 |
[05:48] | I-I just don’t know what I’m allowed to say. I signed an NDA. | 我只是不知道我可以透露多少 我签过保密协议 |
[05:51] | Surely you can tell us about the contents | 那你应该可以告诉我们格兰杰博士 |
[05:52] | of Dr. Granger’s article– that’s been made public. | 论文的内容 反正那都发表了 |
[05:57] | Perhaps you give us the name of the person who asked you | 那不如你告诉我们谁让你签的保密协议 |
[05:58] | to sign the NDA and we can pose our questions to them? | 我们直接去问他 |
[06:01] | This has to be the craziest day of my life. | 这真是我一生中最糟的一天 |
[06:05] | I’d say Barry Granger had a crazier one. | 要我说巴瑞·格兰杰的更糟 |
[06:09] | Barry was my friend. | 巴瑞是我的朋友 |
[06:11] | I’m devastated. | 我万分悲痛 |
[06:13] | But I’m also personally screwed by all this. | 这一切来得太突然了 |
[06:15] | So excuse me if I’m a little shell-shocked. | 所以请原谅我有些情绪失控 |
[06:17] | Would you be so kind as to explain your relationship | 你愿意解释一下你和格兰杰博士的关系 |
[06:19] | to Dr. Granger and the work he was doing. | 以及他所从事的研究吗 |
[06:21] | I’m sure we’ll feel awful for you momentarily. | 我们此刻对你的遭遇深表遗憾 |
[06:24] | That device that you’re holding | 你手上拿的仪器 |
[06:26] | is a breathalyzer that detects cancer. | 叫做呼气式癌症测试仪 |
[06:29] | Well, I read about that being possible in theory. | 我读过有关这可以在理论上实现的文章 |
[06:32] | Dogs being able to smell when their owners have cancer. | 狗能嗅出他们的主人罹患癌症的味道 |
[06:34] | Apparently cancer cells give off different gasses than healthy ones. | 显然癌细胞会释放出一种和健康细胞不同的气体 |
[06:38] | And this device is meant to detect them in your breath. | 而这个仪器可以从你的呼气中探测出这种气体 |
[06:42] | Your company holds the patent? | 你的公司拿到专利了吗 |
[06:45] | Dr. Granger’s connection? | 这和格兰杰博士有什么关系 |
[06:47] | He was running clinical trials. | 他负责临床实验 |
[06:49] | A hundred subjects known to have lung cancer, | 100个实验体患了肺癌 |
[06:52] | a hundred who don’t. | 100个没有 |
[06:53] | It’s a blind study to see if The Hound gets it right. | 是个随机双盲实验来证实”猎犬”的有效性 |
[06:56] | “The Hound?” | “猎犬” |
[06:57] | Uh, it’s just a working name. | 这是我们暂定的 |
[06:59] | We had to call it something. | 总得取个名字吧 |
[07:02] | We understand that an anonymous tipster | 我们了解到有匿名人士声称 |
[07:04] | claimed that Dr. Granger falsified his results. | 格兰杰博士伪造了实验结果 |
[07:06] | It works. | 实验成功了 |
[07:08] | But that accusation changed everything. | 但铺天盖地的指责改变了一切 |
[07:11] | Now no one believes the study. | 现在没人相信实验结果 |
[07:13] | A month ago, analysts were calling that a billion-dollar invention. | 一个月前分析师们说这是价值十亿美元的发明 |
[07:18] | And today, my investors are pulling out. | 而现在 所有投资人都撤资了 |
[07:22] | Might I ask you your whereabouts this morning around 6:00? | 我能问一下今天早上六点你在哪里吗 |
[07:27] | I’m simply coming around to your point. | 我理解你说的这些 |
[07:29] | The scandal you’re referring to may have cost you a fortune. | 你所说的流言 可能会使你的财产缩水 |
[07:31] | If Dr. Granger did falsify his results, | 如果格兰杰博士的确伪造了实验结果 |
[07:34] | perhaps someone killed him in anger. | 那也许就是有人一气之下杀了他 |
[07:36] | I’m the last person who would’ve hurt Barry. | 我是世界上最不可能伤害巴瑞的人 |
[07:39] | That detector is my life’s work. | 这项研究是我毕生的心血 |
[07:41] | Barry didn’t falsify anything. | 巴瑞没有伪造任何数据 |
[07:43] | Barry didn’t jaywalk. | 巴瑞不会跨越学术道德底线 |
[07:45] | He was a good guy. | 他是个好人 |
[07:46] | And besides, can you imagine if the police | 再说 你能想象如果警察今早 |
[07:48] | hadn’t seen through that suicide note? | 没有识破他遗书的猫腻的后果 |
[07:50] | It would have completely legitimized the accusation. | 会让那些指责流言彻底成为事实 |
[07:53] | Sorry, you still haven’t answered my question. | 抱歉 你还没回答我的问题 |
[07:54] | Your whereabouts this morning? | 今天早上你在哪里 |
[08:08] | I was with my girlfriend. | 我和女朋友在一起 |
[08:09] | I spent the night at her place. | 我在她那里过夜 |
[08:11] | And that’s cause for secrecy because…? | 这个有什么秘密可言吗 |
[08:14] | I’m in the middle of a divorce. | 我正在离婚中 |
[08:16] | Your affair’s been going on longer than your wife is aware. | 看来你的地下情比你妻子所知的还久 |
[08:19] | If she finds out, her lawyers’ll have a field day. | 如果她知道了 她的律师会拿此大做文章 |
[08:22] | I never would’ve hurt Barry. | 我永远不会伤害巴瑞 |
[08:23] | I was counting on him to help, | 我还指望他帮忙 |
[08:25] | help me dig out from under all this. | 把我从泥潭里拖出来 |
[08:27] | And now… | 但现在… |
[08:32] | My girlfriend’s name | 我的女朋友叫 |
[08:34] | is Sloan Teller. | 斯隆·特纳 |
[08:36] | I’ll give you her number so you can talk to her. | 我把她的电话给你 你可以跟她确认 |
[08:39] | I just ask that you don’t tell my ex. | 但拜托你们千万不要告诉我前妻 |
[08:45] | Hank Prince’s girlfriend backed him up. | 汉克·普林斯的女朋友证明了 |
[08:47] | Said she was with him all morning. | 今天早上他的确在她那里 |
[08:48] | Not surprising. | 不奇怪 |
[08:50] | He was telling the truth when he said he’d be better off | 他说的是实话 巴瑞·格兰杰活着 |
[08:51] | with a live Barry Granger than a dead one. | 比死了对他有益处得多 |
[08:55] | Well, score one for cheating husbands. | 出轨渣男赢得一分 |
[08:57] | Hank Prince may be a very naughty boy, | 汉克·普林斯可能是个渣男 |
[08:59] | but he may also be remembered for giving the world a great innovation. | 但他也可能因为伟大的新发明被世人记住 |
[09:02] | Based on Dr. Granger’s study, | 根据格兰杰博士的研究 |
[09:04] | “The Hound” appeared to be quite promising– | “猎犬”计划很有前景 |
[09:06] | or at least it did until his research was called into question | 或至少在有匿名人跳出来声称 |
[09:08] | by an anonymous tipster. | 他伪造结果之前很有前景 |
[09:09] | Correction. Pseudonymous. | 更正下 是用假名的人 |
[09:11] | The tipster goes by the name | 举报者用的名字是 |
[09:12] | Adam Peer– A Peer. | 亚当·皮尔 A·皮尔 |
[09:15] | And from what I’ve learned, | 据我所知 |
[09:16] | he’s been quite an irritant to the research community. | 他在科研界有很大的影响力 |
[09:18] | He reads scientific and medical journals; | 他会阅读科学和医学期刊 |
[09:20] | he spots errors and fraud from the comfort of his undisclosed sofa, | 坐在舒适沙发上 挑剔出错误和舞弊 |
[09:24] | and then e-mails his criticisms via an anonymous server. | 然后通过匿名服务器发表他的批判 |
[09:27] | Oh, sounds like something you would do. | 听起来像是你会做的事情 |
[09:29] | Comparison proudly embraced. | 多谢你的夸奖 |
[09:32] | He is, at heart, a fellow detective. | 真心说 他是学术界的侦探 |
[09:34] | And one whose track record is quite good. | 过去的战绩相当优秀 |
[09:35] | He’s incited a number of embarrassing retractions. | 他煽动了很多人撤资研究项目 |
[09:39] | But you obviously find him far less interesting than I do. | 但你明显没和我一样觉得他很有趣 |
[09:42] | I’m waiting for some information | 我在等关于贝尔正在找的 |
[09:43] | about that girl that Bell’s looking for. | 那个女孩的消息 |
[09:45] | Nicole Watkins. | 妮可·沃金斯 |
[09:46] | Yeah, well, apparently she had a favorite teacher. | 已经知道她有个很喜爱的老师 |
[09:49] | Kind of a surrogate dad. He’s retired now. | 类似某种恋父情结 现在退休了 |
[09:51] | I thought maybe she would get in touch with him. | 我觉得她可能会联系他 |
[09:53] | The school’s supposed to text me his address. | 那个学校该把他的地址给我发来了 |
[09:54] | Oh! By the way, Bell is having a party this Friday. | 对了 贝尔这周五有场聚会 |
[09:57] | I thought that we could… | 我觉得我们… |
[09:58] | Captain is E-mailing us a video clip from the lab’s security. | 警监把实验室的监控视频剪辑发来了 |
[10:01] | No luck spotting our killer entering or exiting, | 不幸的是 完全没发现凶手进入或离开 |
[10:03] | but the cameras did catch Dr. Granger arguing | 但监控拍下了两天前格兰杰博士和 |
[10:04] | with an unidentified woman two nights ago. | 一个不明身份的女子争执的画面 |
[10:06] | Take a look. | 你看 |
[10:12] | Mm, looks pretty heated. | 似乎很激烈 |
[10:15] | Dr. Granger… | 格兰杰博士 |
[10:17] | made a number of calls from his cell phone | 生前在同一天里 |
[10:20] | to the same number in the days leading up to his death. | 给同一个手机号打了很多电话 |
[10:23] | A woman named Dalit Zirin. | 一个名叫达利特·兹琳的女人 |
[10:25] | The last of these calls is one hour before this argument. | 最后几个正是在争执前一个小时打的 |
[10:29] | You think that’s the woman in the video. | 你觉得她就是视频里的那个女人 |
[10:31] | Well, we can find out. | 我们可以去确认下 |
[10:34] | I’m sorry, it’s just… | 抱歉 就是… |
[10:37] | I can’t believe Barry is dead. | 不敢相信巴瑞死了 |
[10:40] | May I ask how you and Dr. Granger knew each other? | 我能问下你和格兰杰博士是怎么认识的吗 |
[10:43] | We went to college together. | 我们是大学同学 |
[10:46] | Barry… | 巴瑞 |
[10:49] | he had a thing for me. | 对我有好感 |
[10:51] | But the feeling wasn’t mutual. | 但并不是两情相悦 |
[10:53] | I didn’t mind back then. | 我当时并不觉得反感 |
[10:56] | It was cute. | 感觉挺好的 |
[10:57] | Then last month, I guess he looked me up online. | 然后上个月 我猜他是在网上关注我 |
[11:00] | I had to tell him I still wasn’t interested. | 我不得不告诉他 现在我还是没兴趣 |
[11:03] | I mean, it took some voice-raising for him to get the message. | 他得知这个消息可能有点愤怒 |
[11:08] | Is something wrong? | 哪里不对吗 |
[11:09] | No. Thank you for your time. | 没有 谢谢你能抽出时间 |
[11:10] | Our condolences for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[11:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:15] | Okay, cameras everywhere, high-tech locks; | 好吧 到处是监控 高科技锁 |
[11:18] | obviously not a travel agency. | 明显不是一个旅行社 |
[11:20] | And I think she was lying about her relationship with Granger. | 我觉得她在和格兰杰博士的关系上说谎了 |
[11:23] | Agreed and agreed. | 两点我都同意 |
[11:25] | Can’t say for certain, but given their cover, | 不能说完全肯定 但在这种掩护下 |
[11:27] | I would guess some sort of smuggling operation. | 我猜他们从事走私活动 |
[11:30] | One can imagine any number of scenarios | 可以想象出任一场景中 |
[11:32] | where Granger saw something he shouldn’t have, | 格兰杰博士看到了他不该看的东西 |
[11:33] | got himself killed. | 然后因此被杀 |
[11:34] | I’m also quite confident there were concealed weapons | 我也很肯定 在每个人触手可及的地方 |
[11:36] | within reach of every individual in there, | 都有隐藏着的武器 |
[11:38] | notable exceptions being us. | 都在悄悄监视我们 |
[11:40] | Explains the hasty exit. | 所以你才匆忙离开 |
[11:42] | Normally, I’m a fan of confirming if I’m right, | 通常情况下 我绝对会亲自求证我的正确性 |
[11:44] | but I think it’s best to contact Captain Gregson | 但现在我觉得最好还是联系格雷森警监 |
[11:45] | and let him bring reinforcements. | 让他带着增援来 |
[11:49] | It’s Nicole Watkins’ school. | 是妮可·沃金斯的学校发来的 |
[11:50] | They sent me the address of that retired teacher– Manny Rose. | 他们把那个退休教师曼尼·罗斯的地址发来了 |
[11:54] | You should go. | 你该去一趟 |
[11:55] | The captain says he’ll get a search warrant, | 警监说他会去申请搜查令 |
[11:57] | but it might take a couple of hours to find a friendly judge. | 但要几个小时才能得到结果 |
[11:59] | I’ll contact you when I hear from him. | 他那边有消息我就联系你 |
[12:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:02] | I know it’s a long shot, Mr. Rose, | 我知道希望不大 罗斯先生 |
[12:04] | but it sounded like Nicole got really close to you. | 但听起来妮可和您很亲近 |
[12:08] | It looks like a lot of your students do. | 看起来您的很多学生都和您很亲近 |
[12:10] | I try to help them when I can. | 我竭尽所能去帮助他们 |
[12:12] | Sometimes it’s just believing in them. | 有时只是给予他们信任 |
[12:15] | Sometimes it’s helping them stay alive. | 有时是帮助他们活下去 |
[12:19] | Is there any chance that you’ve seen her or been in touch with her? | 你有没有见过她或和她联系过 |
[12:23] | She’s here? | 她在这儿 |
[12:27] | I’d avoid using the words “Police” or “Testify.” | 我会避免”警察”或”作证”之类的用词 |
[12:31] | At least at first. | 至少一开始不这么说 |
[12:38] | Nicole? I’m Joan Watson. | 妮可 我是乔恩·华生 |
[12:39] | I’m friends with Marcus Bell. | 我是马库斯·贝尔的朋友 |
[12:41] | I was hoping we could talk. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[12:48] | You promised. | 你保证过的 |
[12:50] | I promised not to tell anyone you were staying here, | 我保证不告诉任何人你在这儿 |
[12:52] | and I didn’t. | 我也没说 |
[12:53] | Miss Watson found you all by herself. | 华生小姐是自己找到你的 |
[12:58] | I told the DA’s Office I don’t want to talk anymore. | 我告诉过地方检查官我不想再说了 |
[13:01] | They’re not the ones who sent me. Marcus did. | 不是他们派我来的 马库斯让我来的 |
[13:03] | He just wanted to make sure you’re okay. | 他只是想确保你没事 |
[13:05] | I’m not. | 我有事 |
[13:06] | There are people out there that want to kill me. | 外面有人想杀我 |
[13:08] | If you’re being threatened, there are measures… | 如果你被威胁了 当局会采取措施 |
[13:09] | – Measures… – that the department can take to protect you. | -措施 -来保护你 |
[13:15] | Measures aren’t good enough. | 措施是不够的 |
[13:19] | Not anymore. | 不再有用了 |
[13:25] | You’re pregnant. | 你怀孕了 |
[13:29] | 华生 妮可已找到 在去见贝尔的路上 稍后解释 | |
[13:35] | Captain. | 警监 |
[13:36] | Are you sure you e-mailed me | 你确定你邮件给我的 |
[13:37] | the right address of that travel agency? | 旅行社的地址是对的吗 |
[13:40] | Quite sure. | 很确定 |
[13:41] | This place is empty. | 这地方是空的 |
[13:43] | Not just unoccupied. I mean, cleared out. | 不仅仅是空置的 是被清空了 |
[13:46] | I can’t say I’m surprised. | 意料之中 |
[13:47] | I’ve continued my own search for information on Ms. Zirin. | 我在继续查找关于兹琳女士的信息 |
[13:50] | Over the last several years, | 在过去的几年里 |
[13:51] | she’s done an impressive job of not existing. | 她在隐藏行踪上做得很出色 |
[13:54] | My apologies for the inconvenience. | 抱歉添麻烦了 |
[13:56] | At least we’ve confirmed | 至少我们已经确认了 |
[13:57] | that they were up to something untoward. | 他们遇上了些麻烦事 |
[13:59] | I’ll find out who owns the building, | 我会找出建筑的所有者是谁 |
[14:00] | get the name on the lease. | 在租约上找到名字 |
[14:01] | If I find out anything interesting, i’ll give you a call. | 如果我找到任何线索 再打给你 |
[14:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:14] | Ms. Zirin. | 兹琳女士 |
[14:17] | At my home. | 来我家了 |
[14:20] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[14:22] | Depends on your intentions. | 取决于你的意图 |
[14:23] | Well, obviously, you realized I’m not a travel agent. | 很显然 你发现了我不是一名旅游中介 |
[14:27] | I’m Mossad. | 我为摩萨德工作[以色列情报部门] |
[14:31] | And what is the Israeli intelligence community’s | 以色列情报部门对 |
[14:33] | interest in Barry Granger? | 巴瑞·格兰杰有什么兴趣 |
[14:35] | None, actually. | 事实上没有 |
[14:37] | But let me in and I’ll tell you who I think killed him. | 让我进来 我会告诉你我觉得是谁杀了他 |
[14:50] | The part about me and Barry meeting in college was true. | 我说巴瑞和我在大学认识的是真的 |
[14:53] | Columbia. | 哥伦比亚大学 |
[14:55] | Barry was pre-med, I was computer science. | 巴瑞是预科医学生 我学的计算机科学 |
[14:57] | – Your citizenship? – Dual. | -你的国籍 -双重 |
[14:59] | I was raised here mostly, but my parents are Israeli. | 我是在这里长大的 我父母是以色列人 |
[15:04] | So why are you here? | 所以你为什么来 |
[15:06] | I’m here because I care about Barry. | 我来这儿是因为我关心巴瑞 |
[15:10] | He is my friend. | 他是我朋友 |
[15:12] | And because you left me very little choice. | 而且你让我没有多少选择 |
[15:15] | Oh? | 为什么 |
[15:16] | I know you’re still prying. | 我知道你还在打听 |
[15:18] | Better that I just tell you | 我直接告诉你 |
[15:20] | and get you to look for Barry’s killer in the right place. | 让你在正确的方向上找杀害巴瑞的凶手更好 |
[15:23] | Well, since you’re obviously in the mood for sharing, | 既然你这么愿意分享 |
[15:25] | perhaps you’d like to tell me what you and your colleagues | 也许你能告诉我你和你同事们 |
[15:27] | were up to at the travel agency. | 在旅行社干些什么 |
[15:28] | Nothing the American government would frown on. | 不是让美国政府不爽的事情 |
[15:30] | Nothing they’re aware of, either. | 也不是他们有所察觉的事 |
[15:32] | So if it wasn’t your affection Barry was after, what was it? | 所以巴瑞若不是想表达对你的爱慕 那是什么 |
[15:37] | Someone sent an e-mail to a medical journal accusing him of fraud. | 有人给医学周刊发邮件控诉他欺诈 |
[15:42] | – Adam Peer. – That was a pseudonym. | -亚当·皮尔 -那是化名 |
[15:44] | Barry wanted me to find out who really sent it. | 巴瑞想让我找出来到底是谁发的 |
[15:47] | He knew what I really did. | 他知道我的真实身份 |
[15:48] | We were in a relationship when I was first recruited. | 当我最初被招募的时候我们在拍拖 |
[15:53] | But I told him no. | 但我拒绝了他 |
[15:53] | He was asking me to break multiple laws. | 那样做我要触犯多条法律 |
[15:56] | So Dr. Granger spent his final days looking for Adam Peer, | 格兰杰博士在生前最后几天在找亚当·皮尔 |
[15:59] | and you think Adam Peer killed him for his troubles. | 你觉得亚当·皮尔因此而杀了他 |
[16:01] | Well, whoever Peer is, | 不管皮尔是谁 |
[16:02] | he may value his secrecy enough to kill for it. | 他觉得自己的秘密足以让他杀人 |
[16:08] | When I heard what happened to Barry, | 当我听说了巴瑞的遭遇 |
[16:09] | I felt terrible about turning him away. | 我觉得当时不该拒绝他 |
[16:14] | So I broke some laws after all. | 所以我最终还是犯了法 |
[16:17] | I couldn’t identify Peer, but I did hack the servers | 我无法确认皮尔的身份 但我黑了几家 |
[16:19] | at some of the journals he’d written to. | 他投稿的杂志的服务器 |
[16:21] | Those are all the e-mails I could find. | 这些是我能找到的所有邮件 |
[16:24] | You’re giving them to me because…? | 你把它们给我是因为 |
[16:26] | Well, thanks to you, my unit’s being reassigned. | 拜你所赐 我的单位被调去别处了 |
[16:29] | So you can take it from here. | 现在你来接手吧 |
[16:31] | You seem to know what you’re doing. | 你看起来知道自己在做什么 |
[16:33] | Maybe you can find the person who killed Barry… | 也许你能找到杀巴瑞的人 |
[16:37] | and see that they pay. | 让他们付出代价 |
[16:44] | She know who the dad is? | 她知道孩子父亲是谁吗 |
[16:45] | Her boyfriend. | 她男友 |
[16:46] | He’s working two jobs, | 他打两份工 |
[16:48] | he wants to support them… | 他想照顾她们 |
[16:50] | Well, it’s gonna be tough. | 会很难 |
[16:51] | You were right. She’s a good kid. | 你说的对 她是个好孩子 |
[16:52] | But when she promised to testify, | 但当她答应作证时 |
[16:54] | she didn’t know what she was getting herself into. | 她并不知道要面临什么局面 |
[16:56] | Now that she’s pregnant… | 现在她怀孕了 |
[16:58] | I mean, she wants to have a future and not just for herself. | 她要考虑将来而且不只是为她自己 |
[17:01] | You said she was crashing with some old teacher? | 你说她和以前的老师住在一起 |
[17:04] | Yes. His name is Manny Rose. | 是的 他的名字是曼尼·罗斯 |
[17:06] | Manny Rose? | 曼尼·罗斯 |
[17:07] | What, you know him? | 怎么 你认识他 |
[17:08] | Personally, no. | 我个人不认识他 |
[17:10] | But I know the legend. | 但我知道他的传奇 |
[17:13] | When I was… I don’t know, ten or eleven, | 当我还是 大概十岁十一岁时 |
[17:16] | he was a history teacher over at Rooker High. | 他是洛克高中的历史老师 |
[17:19] | Couple bangers showed up one day, | 一天一帮混混出现 |
[17:20] | tried to drag one of his kids out of his class. | 试图把他的一个学生拽出教室 |
[17:22] | They didn’t know Mr. Rose also helped coach the JV baseball team. | 他们不知道罗斯先生同时是JV棒球队的教练 |
[17:26] | Chased ’em off with a bat. | 直接拿球棒把他们赶了出来 |
[17:29] | He seemed like a good man. | 他看起来是个好人 |
[17:30] | Yeah, I didn’t realize Nicole knew him. | 我不知道妮可认识他 |
[17:32] | Guess there’s a lot I didn’t know about her. | 我猜她有很多事我不知道 |
[17:43] | Oh, you’re still going over those? | 你还在看这些东西 |
[17:47] | When an Israeli intelligence operative | 当一位以色列特工 |
[17:48] | hands you a collection of illegally obtained e-mails, | 交给你一些非法获得的电邮内容 |
[17:51] | you don’t just skim them, Watson. | 你不能只是浏览它们 华生 |
[17:53] | I don’t understand why you’re just taking her word for it. | 我不明白你怎么就相信她的话了 |
[17:55] | I take no one at their word. | 我不信任何空口白话 |
[17:56] | But Adam Peer’s gone to quite extraordinary lengths | 但是亚当·皮尔费了那么大的劲 |
[17:58] | to conceal his true identity. | 隐藏自己的真实身份 |
[18:00] | A little murder hardly seems out of bounds. | 一桩谋杀似乎也不为过 |
[18:04] | An Officer Mulgrew called for you. | 一位叫马尔格鲁的警官打电话找你 |
[18:07] | I assume you’ve taken on another investigative side project? | 我猜你又接了一个小案件 |
[18:10] | Actually, no. | 其实不是 |
[18:11] | He’s helping me with a gift for Marcus. | 他在帮我给马库斯准备礼物 |
[18:12] | Which reminds me: We never finished talking… | 这倒提醒我了 我们还没说完… |
[18:14] | Zirin and her team effectively disappeared last night. | 兹琳和她的团队昨晚消失了 |
[18:16] | She didn’t have to come here. | 她不需要来这里 |
[18:17] | She could’ve been on her merry way. | 她大可以一走了之 |
[18:20] | Why do you keep doing that? | 你为什么总这样 |
[18:21] | – Doing what? – Cutting me off | -什么 -只要我提起 |
[18:22] | whenever I talk about Marcus’s party. | 马库斯的聚会你就打断我 |
[18:23] | You did that to me yesterday, too. | 你昨天也是这样 |
[18:25] | Because I’m not going to the party. | 因为我不打算去参加聚会 |
[18:32] | Why don’t you want to go to the party? | 你为什么不想去 |
[18:34] | I’m sorry, sorry, have we met? | 抱歉 我们以前见过吗 |
[18:35] | Hi, hi. My name is Sherlock. I’m a recovering drug addict. | 你好 我叫夏洛克 恢复中的吸毒者 |
[18:38] | You know, you bear a striking resemblance | 你和我之前遇到的 |
[18:39] | to a sobriety counselor I once knew. | 一位戒毒陪护长得很像 |
[18:41] | What’s that you say? Triggers abound in bars? | 你说什么 酒吧是危险地带 |
[18:45] | I’m sorry. I didn’t realize it was in a bar. | 抱歉 我不知道是在酒吧里 |
[18:47] | Mullane’s– I heard it from the captain. | 穆兰酒吧 我从警监那里听说的 |
[18:51] | Is that really why you don’t want to go? | 你真是因为这个才不去的吗 |
[18:56] | You know, there are certain milestones– | 知道吗 有些纪念里程碑 |
[18:59] | an officer making detective, a retirement, a wake, | 譬如警官升警探 退休 苏醒 |
[19:02] | an injured man returning to full duty– | 受伤的人回归就职 |
[19:04] | which belong to the police, right? | 这些只属于警察 |
[19:06] | It’s their night. | 这是他们的夜晚 |
[19:07] | It’s their chance to raise a glass surrounded by their brethren. | 是他们和同胞举杯同庆的机会 |
[19:11] | It is a fraternity to which– | 这是类似同学联欢会的事情 |
[19:12] | my countless contributions notwithstanding– | 尽管我有在其中付出 |
[19:14] | I will always remain an outsider. | 但我依然只是个外人 |
[19:16] | And given my role in starting Detective Bell down his detour, | 并且鉴于是我导致贝尔警探受伤调职 |
[19:19] | it seems inappropriate | 我去庆祝 |
[19:20] | that I be part of celebrating his return. | 他的回归显得并不那么合适 |
[19:23] | Okay, I get it. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[19:27] | Okay, so if Adam Peer is so prolific, | 所以 如果亚当·皮尔揭露了这么多伪研究 |
[19:30] | why have they not been able to track his writing location yet? | 为什么他们还没有追踪到他的住址 |
[19:32] | He employs a technique called “Onion routing.” | 他采用了一种叫洋葱路由的技术 |
[19:35] | A message passes through multiple servers, | 一条信息通过数个服务器 |
[19:36] | each one with encrypted instructions | 每一个都会对信息进行加密 |
[19:38] | for passing it on to the next step. | 然后再传送到下一地点 |
[19:39] | Now, no single layer has any knowledge of the other steps, | 每一层加密之间并不互通 |
[19:42] | making it virtually impossible | 所以追踪原地址 |
[19:44] | to trace the letter back to its source. | 显得异常困难 |
[19:45] | This is the Toproxefin case. | 这是托洛芬案件 |
[19:47] | You’re familiar with it? | 你熟悉吗 |
[19:48] | It’s a painkiller that the FDA rejected about four years ago, | 这是药监局四年前禁止的某种止痛剂 |
[19:51] | after the drug company sank millions of dollars into it. | 而当时药品公司已为此投入数百万美元 |
[19:54] | That was Adam Peer. | 那是亚当·皮尔干的 |
[19:56] | It was his first. Now you’re impressed. | 是他的第一次 你没想到吧 |
[19:58] | No, it was a big deal. | 当时可是个大事 |
[19:59] | When it came out that researchers cherry-picked their data, | 当时证明研究人员选择性递交研究数据 |
[20:01] | they only disclosed positive results, | 他们只公开了正面的结果 |
[20:03] | and they hid the fact they knew it caused nerve damage. | 隐藏了药物会导致神经伤害的事情 |
[20:06] | This drug company, Merrill-Grand, | 这家药物公司 美林格兰德 |
[20:08] | ended up paying a huge fine. | 最终付了一大笔罚款 |
[20:12] | Well, there was a researcher who, | 当时有一位匿名研究员 |
[20:13] | who tried to warn upper management about the misconduct but… | 试图向高层揭发不正当行为 但没成功 |
[20:18] | You said this was Adam Peer’s first? | 你说这是亚当·皮尔的第一次 |
[20:20] | Don’t serial anythings usually start close to home? | 连环犯罪不都是从自家附近开始的吗 |
[20:26] | Toproxefin was an embarrassing chapter… | 托洛芬是一个污点 |
[20:29] | for me and for the whole company. | 无论是对我 还是全公司 |
[20:32] | But it was never willful fraud, | 但这并不是有意欺瞒 |
[20:34] | not at the corporate level. | 不是公司有意隐瞒大众 |
[20:36] | Sometimes when there’s that much money at stake, | 有时面临资金链即将断裂 |
[20:38] | you develop a kind of selective deafness. | 你就会选择性失聪 |
[20:41] | Yes, well, you say tomato… | 你随意解释都行 |
[20:44] | We’re not here to judge you. | 我们不是来批判你的 |
[20:46] | Miss Buckner, you were in charge of new products at the time? | 巴克纳小姐 你是当时新产品的负责人 |
[20:49] | We thought you could tell us about the researcher | 我想你能不能跟我们说说是哪位 |
[20:50] | who first raised concerns about the drug. | 研究人员首先对产品提出质疑的 |
[20:53] | Because the police think he killed someone. | 因为警察认为他杀了某人 |
[20:55] | We just want to ask him some questions. | 我们只是想问他几个问题 |
[20:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:59] | His name is Lawrence Cranford. | 他的名字是劳伦斯·克兰福德 |
[21:00] | He was a neurochemist on one of the study teams. | 他是科学小组里的神经化学研究员 |
[21:04] | He quit after his warnings were ignored. | 在他的警告被无视后就辞职了 |
[21:07] | Do you know how we can find him? | 你知道我们怎么才能找到他吗 |
[21:09] | He dropped out of sight after that. | 他之后就没有音信了 |
[21:11] | Did you or anyone else at Merrill-Grand | 你和美林格兰德里的人 |
[21:12] | ever consider that he might be Adam Peer? | 有没有想过他可能就是亚当·皮尔 |
[21:15] | Of course we did. | 当然有过 |
[21:16] | When the whole thing happened, | 当整个事件发生后 |
[21:17] | our investigators tried to find him. | 我们的调查员试图去找他 |
[21:19] | But he’d moved. | 但他搬走了 |
[21:21] | It was like he’d gone off the grid. | 就好像他完全消失了 |
[21:23] | And then when the FDA rejected it | 而当药监局对此药物下禁令后 |
[21:24] | and the drug was dead anyway, | 项目就黄了 |
[21:25] | we just dropped the whole thing. | 我们也就不管这事了 |
[21:28] | I can get you what we have on him. | 我可以把我们找到的资料给你 |
[21:35] | Nicole’s at the doctor’s. | 妮可在医生那 |
[21:36] | It’s only a couple of blocks away. | 就在几个街区外 |
[21:39] | She should be here soon. | 她应该很快就能回来 |
[21:40] | I remember this park when I was a kid. | 我还记得小时候的这个公园 |
[21:42] | You couldn’t even walk through it. | 当时完全不敢穿过去 |
[21:44] | Looks nice now. | 现在看着不错 |
[21:46] | This dealer, Martenz… | 这个人 马坦兹 |
[21:48] | how bad? | 有多坏 |
[21:50] | He’s pretty bad. | 挺坏的 |
[21:51] | Deals crack, heroin… | 做大麻 海洛因的生意 |
[21:53] | works in Cypress Hills. | 主要活动在赛普里斯山 |
[21:55] | He uses kids as go-betweens, | 他利用小孩来运货 |
[21:57] | so it’s tougher to pin him down. | 所以很难抓到他 |
[21:59] | Sorry, I have to ask… | 抱歉 我得问一下 |
[22:00] | is that the bat? | 这就是传说中的球棒吗 |
[22:02] | No. | 不是 |
[22:04] | I’m not that proud. | 我没那么自负 |
[22:05] | That’s a gift from a kid I used to coach. | 这是我之前指导的一个孩子的礼物 |
[22:07] | He’s in the minors now. | 他在打青少年联赛 |
[22:09] | Arm like a cannon. | 手劲堪比大炮 |
[22:12] | Nicole’ll come around, Detective. | 妮可会想通的 警探 |
[22:14] | I’ll see to it. | 我可以保证 |
[22:16] | Actually, Mr. Rose… | 其实 罗斯先生 |
[22:18] | that’s not why I came. I, uh… | 这不是我来的原因 我 |
[22:20] | I wanted to tell her it’s okay. I understand. | 我想要告诉她没关系 我理解 |
[22:23] | She doesn’t have to do anything she doesn’t want to do. | 她不需要做任何不愿做的事 |
[22:25] | The DA’s Office has their guy, | 检察官有了嫌疑人 |
[22:26] | and there’s other evidence. | 还有些其他的证据 |
[22:27] | They’ll just have to make the best case they can. | 他们会尽全力而为 |
[22:29] | And who knows, maybe Martenz’ll plead out, | 说必定马坦兹会自己坦白 |
[22:32] | do a little time. | 去蹲蹲监狱 |
[22:34] | Doesn’t feel right | 去劝说她作证 |
[22:35] | to try to talk her into testifying. | 总感觉不太好 |
[22:37] | Martenz killed a boy. | 马坦兹杀了一个男孩 |
[22:39] | A good boy. | 一个好孩子 |
[22:41] | She can explain to a jury exactly what happened. | 她可以向陪审团说明到底发生了什么 |
[22:47] | I’m sorry. I’m getting called away. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[22:49] | It’s another case. | 是另一个案子 |
[22:50] | Would you tell her what I said? | 你能转告她我说的话吗 |
[22:53] | Thanks for the water. | 谢谢你的水 |
[23:01] | No luck finding Lawrence Cranford? | 运气不好 没找到劳伦斯·克兰福德吗 |
[23:03] | Worse luck. Did find him. | 运气很差 不过找到他了 |
[23:05] | Lawrence Cranford was apparently so disgusted | 劳伦斯·克兰福德对于 |
[23:08] | by his experience with big pharma– | 他以前的工作经历感到很耻辱 |
[23:09] | and I quote from his resignation letter to Merrill-Grand: | 我引用一下他给美林格兰德公司辞职信里的话 |
[23:13] | “…A company so poisoned by profits | “这个公司只痴迷于赚钱 |
[23:15] | “that even the few good souls who remember | 以至于那些愿意为人类健康事业做出贡献的 |
[23:16] | why they got into health care are silenced”– | 为数不多的好人也被禁言了” |
[23:19] | that he drove to Mexico, | 他开车去了墨西哥 |
[23:20] | took up surfing, and settled in Baja, | 玩起了冲浪 在巴哈定居了 |
[23:23] | where he was killed | 也是他死的地方 |
[23:25] | by a rash of unseasonably rough waves in 2012… | 2012年被一次突如其来的大浪吞没 |
[23:28] | placing my degree of certainty | 所以我可以百分之百确定 |
[23:29] | that he is not Adam Peer at around 100%. | 他不是亚当·皮尔了 |
[23:34] | Bullet-riddled man. | 弹痕累累的人像 |
[23:35] | Is the decor in here not American enough for you? | 你是觉得这里的装饰不够美国味吗 |
[23:37] | We could get some Rockwells, | 我们可以挂洛克威尔的画 |
[23:39] | deep fat fryer… | 买个油炸锅 |
[23:40] | No, this is the gift i was telling you about, for Marcus. | 不是 这是我说过的给马库斯的礼物 |
[23:43] | It’s the target from his requalification test. | 这是他持枪资格重审测试时打的靶子 |
[23:45] | Officer Mulgrew is a firearms instructor. | 马尔格鲁警官是枪械教官 |
[23:46] | He pulled it for me. | 他帮我弄出来的 |
[23:51] | It’s a nice grouping. | 成绩不错 |
[23:56] | Other potential Adam Peers? | 有其他可能是亚当·皮尔的人吗 |
[23:58] | Each of them, at some point today. | 他们看上去都有可能是 |
[24:00] | Other researchers, executives at Merrill-Grand | 美林格兰德公司其他参与 |
[24:03] | involved in the development of Toproxefin. | 研制托洛芬的研究员和经理 |
[24:05] | So you think Adam Peer was someone else inside the company. | 这么说你觉得亚当·皮尔是公司里的另一个人 |
[24:08] | Unfortunately, I’ve also already eliminated each of them, | 不幸的是 我也把他们每个人都排除了 |
[24:11] | as either a coconspirator in the fraud | 他们要么是这个骗局的共谋者 |
[24:12] | or unaware of it until after the scandal broke. | 要么就是丑闻爆出后才知道的 |
[24:15] | Lawrence Cranford is the only individual | 劳伦斯·克兰福德是唯一一个 |
[24:17] | who knew that his teammates were concealing negative data, | 知道他的小组成员隐瞒了不利数据的人 |
[24:20] | but was not himself part of the deceit. | 但他自己并没有参与其中 |
[24:22] | Well, it has to be someone else he told. | 那肯定是他告诉过别人 |
[24:25] | According to his own e-mails, | 根据他的邮件记录 |
[24:26] | he only told a handful of higher-ups | 他只告诉过几个上司 |
[24:28] | who rejected his warnings. | 而他们驳回了他的警告 |
[24:32] | Unless, of course, one of them didn’t. | 当然 除非其中有人没驳回 |
[24:37] | “…even the few good souls | “以至于那些愿意 |
[24:38] | who remember why they got into health care…” | 为人类健康事业做出贡献的为数不多的好人” |
[24:41] | He wasn’t talking about himself. | 他不是在说他自己 |
[24:43] | One of the higher-ups tried to do the right thing | 他的某个上司想要做正确的事 |
[24:45] | and Cranford knew it. | 克兰福德知道了 |
[24:52] | Ms. Buckner! | 巴克纳女士 |
[24:54] | Oh, I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[24:55] | I’m actually late for an appointment… | 我有个会快要迟到了 |
[24:57] | No, no, I’m sure you can spare us a moment. | 不不 我想你能抽出一点时间的 |
[24:58] | Alternatively, we could head up to your superiors | 否则 我们就去你上级那里 |
[24:59] | and share with them our suspicions | 跟他们说我们怀疑 |
[25:01] | that you’re Adam Peer. | 你就是亚当·皮尔 |
[25:03] | In 2008, you headed a panel | 在2008 你领导了一个小组 |
[25:04] | examining the corrosive effect of profit margins on American health care. | 研究利润率对美国民众健康的腐蚀作用 |
[25:08] | And you must have known this would go over poorly | 而且你一定清楚如果你的新老板知道了 |
[25:10] | with your new bosses, | 会很不高兴 |
[25:11] | ’cause you left it off your resume when you applied here. | 所以你来这里求职时没有把那段经历写进简历 |
[25:13] | How did you…? | 你怎么知 |
[25:14] | When Lawrence Cranford shared his concerns about Toproxefin, | 劳伦斯·克兰福德对你说了他对托洛芬的担心 |
[25:16] | you wanted to stop the drug. But you couldn’t. | 你想要把这药叫停 但是你不能 |
[25:18] | Not without losing your job. | 除非你连工作也不要了 |
[25:19] | You created adam Peer as a way to blow the whistle anonymously. | 你编造了亚当·皮尔这个人来当匿名举报者 |
[25:22] | And when your bosses still thought | 当你的老板们还以为 |
[25:23] | it was someone inside the company, | 这个人是公司内部的员工时 |
[25:25] | you were able to deflect suspicion, | 你就可以摆脱嫌疑了 |
[25:27] | because you were the one in charge of finding him. | 因为你就是负责找出这个人的人 |
[25:29] | According to the files you gave us, | 根据你给我们的文件 |
[25:31] | you sent your investigators looking for Cranford. | 你派了调查员去找克兰福德 |
[25:33] | He looked the part, but you only needed to run out the clock. | 他的确去找了 但你所需要的只是拖延时间 |
[25:35] | As soon as the FDA rejected the drug, | 只要食品及药物管理局驳回了这款药 |
[25:37] | you were also the person who called off the search. | 你就可以停止寻找克兰福德了 |
[25:39] | I’m quite certain a thorough scan of your computer | 我很确定如果全面扫描一下你的电脑 |
[25:41] | would reveal some of Adam Peer’s footprints. | 就能找出亚当·皮尔的痕迹 |
[25:44] | We don’t have a warrant, but… | 我们没有搜查令 但是 |
[25:46] | we’re betting that your employers | 我们肯定你的老板们 |
[25:47] | will cooperate without one. | 即使见不到搜查令也愿意配合 |
[25:51] | You’re only half right. | 你只说对了一半 |
[25:54] | Because I’m only half of “Adam Peer.” | 因为我只是半个亚当·皮尔 |
[25:56] | You have a partner. | 你有一个搭档 |
[25:58] | Had. | 有过 |
[25:59] | Barry. | 巴瑞 |
[26:01] | The two of us were Adam Peer together. | 我们两个人一起才是亚当·皮尔 |
[26:04] | The murder victim Barry Granger. | 那个凶杀案的死者巴瑞·格兰杰 |
[26:06] | I would never have hurt him. | 我绝不会伤害他的 |
[26:08] | And you already know he didn’t hurt himself. | 而且你也知道了他不是自杀的 |
[26:11] | I’m sorry, but… | 很抱歉 不过 |
[26:12] | if you thought Adam Peer killed him… | 如果你觉得是亚当·皮尔杀了他 |
[26:14] | you were wrong. | 那你就错了 |
[26:26] | I already told your consultants | 我已经告诉你的顾问们了 |
[26:27] | this e-mail didn’t come from us. | 这封电邮不是我们发的 |
[26:29] | I didn’t send it, | 我没发过 |
[26:30] | and Barry obviously didn’t discredit himself. | 而且巴瑞很显然也不会败坏自己的名声 |
[26:33] | Someone hijacked our pseudonym | 有人利用了我们的假名 |
[26:34] | and used it to attack Barry’s study. | 破坏了巴瑞的研究 |
[26:37] | That’s quite a hobby you two had going. | 你们干的这事可不简单啊 |
[26:41] | How did it start? | 怎么开始的 |
[26:44] | Barry and I met at a conference | 巴瑞和我是在托洛芬丑闻 |
[26:46] | about a year before the Toproxefin scandal. | 爆发前一年的一个会议上认识的 |
[26:48] | We shared a lot of the same concerns… | 我们交流过许多对某些问题相同的担心 |
[26:50] | including the influence of money on good science. | 其中包括金钱对科学的影响 |
[26:53] | So you came up with the idea of Adam Peer together. | 所以你们想出了编造亚当·皮尔这个身份的办法 |
[26:56] | At first, it was just a way to expose Toproxefin. | 起初 我们只是想用他曝光托洛芬 |
[26:59] | And it worked. We got away with it. | 而且成功了 没人怀疑我们 |
[27:01] | And then, a few months later, | 后来 几个月之后 |
[27:03] | Barry was reading an article in another journal | 巴瑞在一本期刊上看到了一篇文章 |
[27:05] | and he noticed that some pictures | 他留意到里面有几张 |
[27:06] | of tissue samples were duplicates. | 组织样本的图片是复制的 |
[27:09] | Adam Peer already existed, | 既然有了亚当·皮尔这个人 |
[27:10] | so we used him again. | 我们就又利用了他 |
[27:13] | And then we started looking for things. | 之后我们就开始寻找这类事 |
[27:16] | Plagiarism, | 剽窃 |
[27:17] | data that was too perfect… | 太过完美的数据 |
[27:20] | Before we knew it, Adam Peer had become | 不知不觉之间 亚当·皮尔就成了 |
[27:22] | something bigger than either of us. | 比我们俩都重要的人物 |
[27:24] | Why didn’t you say something | 格兰杰博士被害时 |
[27:25] | when Dr. Granger was killed? | 你为什么不说明情况呢 |
[27:28] | Because it would have meant | 因为那样的话 |
[27:28] | undoing all the good that Adam Peer had done. | 就会让亚当·皮尔所取得的成果付之东流 |
[27:31] | If it came out that you were | 如果别人知道了 |
[27:32] | an exec at a big drug company, | 你是一家大医药公司的经理 |
[27:34] | it would’ve looked like any rival study you’d debunked | 那么你所曝光的所有竞争对手的虚假研究 |
[27:36] | was motivated by greed. | 就会被认为是为了公司的利益 |
[27:40] | Barry and I talked about coming forward | 在他被指控欺诈后 巴瑞和我 |
[27:41] | after he was accused of fraud. | 谈过要澄清我们的身份 |
[27:44] | He refused, | 但他拒绝了 |
[27:45] | even to clear his own name. | 就算这是为了澄清他自己的名誉 |
[27:48] | He knew that eventually his work would defend itself. | 他知道最终他的成果会证明自己的 |
[27:52] | So when he died, I… | 所以他死了之后 我… |
[27:55] | I did what I thought he would have wanted. | 我做了我觉得他会希望我做的事 |
[27:57] | Which was nothing. | 也就是什么都不做 |
[27:59] | Can you account for your whereabouts wednesday morning about 6:00 A.M.? | 你能说说周三早晨六点左右你在哪里吗 |
[28:03] | Uh, I was just coming off of a red-eye from San Francisco | 我那时刚下从旧金山回来的飞机 |
[28:06] | with about a half-dozen of my colleagues. | 和六七个同事在一起 |
[28:07] | Their numbers are in my phone; | 我手机里有他们的电话号码 |
[28:08] | they’ll confirm it. | 他们可以证明 |
[28:11] | You’re gonna tell them, aren’t you? | 你要告诉他们 是不是 |
[28:14] | You’re gonna tell everyone the truth about Adam Peer. | 你会告诉所有人亚当·皮尔到底是谁 |
[28:19] | The device that Dr. Granger was testing could save countless lives. | 格兰杰博士在测试的仪器本可以拯救无数的生命 |
[28:24] | And the person who attempted to decry it was an imposter, so… | 而谴责它的人是冒名顶替的 所以… |
[28:28] | how could we not? | 我们怎么能不说呢 |
[28:32] | So why go to the trouble of discrediting Barry Granger | 既然不管怎样都要杀了巴瑞·格兰杰 |
[28:35] | when you’re going to kill him anyway? | 为什么要那么麻烦让他名誉扫地呢 |
[28:36] | To explain the suicide? | 为了解释自杀吗 |
[28:38] | Perhaps the target wasn’t Dr. Granger, | 或许目标不是格兰杰博士 |
[28:40] | but his work. | 而是他的成果 |
[28:41] | Consider the combined effect of the killer’s plan: | 考虑到凶手计划的综合效果 |
[28:45] | you lob an accusation of fraud and then stage it to look like | 制造一项欺诈的指控 然后假装 |
[28:48] | Granger killed himself in shame. | 格兰杰羞愧自杀 |
[28:49] | So you think this is corporate espionage? | 所以你觉得是企业间谍干的 |
[28:51] | Loathe as I am to admit it, | 虽然我不愿意承认 |
[28:53] | Granger’s benefactor Hank Prince | 但格兰杰的资助人汉克·普林斯 |
[28:55] | may be right when he sees himself as the victim in all this. | 可能真的像他自己认为的一样是个受害者 |
[28:58] | I can’t believe it. | 难以相信 |
[28:59] | Barry was Adam Peer. | 巴瑞就是亚当·皮尔 |
[29:02] | Just not the one who called your invention into question. | 但不是质疑你们发明的那个 |
[29:04] | We’ve notified the journal his study appeared in | 我们已经通知了发表他成果的期刊 |
[29:06] | the e-mail accusing fraud was, in fact, fraud itself. | 指责其欺诈的邮件本身就是假的 |
[29:10] | Might not be the same as having Dr. Granger back to clear his name, | 可能跟让格兰杰博士回来澄清自己的名誉不大一样 |
[29:13] | but it should reassure your investors | 但也可以使你的投资者们安心 |
[29:14] | and expedite the vetting of the good doctor’s work. | 帮助博士的研究审查通过 |
[29:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:18] | You have no idea how much time you’ve just saved me. | 你不知道这节约了我多少时间 |
[29:21] | But… what now? | 但 现在怎么办 |
[29:24] | Obviously, “Adam Peer” Didn’t kill Barry, so who did? | 很显然 亚当·皮尔没有杀死巴瑞 那是谁呢 |
[29:27] | We believe it was someone who had motive to attack you and your work. | 我们觉得是一个有动机攻击你和你的成果的人 |
[29:31] | Is it safe to assume the Hound has competition? | 猎犬有竞争者吧 |
[29:33] | Well, of course. | 当然有 |
[29:34] | Any particular rivals spring to mind? | 有哪些比较突出吗 |
[29:36] | I’ll write you a list. | 我给你列张单子 |
[29:40] | Mr. Rose. | 罗斯先生 |
[29:41] | Everything all right? | 一切还好吧 |
[29:42] | I had a talk with Nicole this morning. | 我今早和妮可谈了谈 |
[29:46] | I told her that I thought that testifying was the right thing to do. | 我告诉她我觉得应该站出来作证 |
[29:51] | It did not go well. | 结果并不好 |
[29:53] | She left. | 她走了 |
[29:55] | Went to stay with family of hers upstate. | 去跟她北部的亲属住了 |
[29:58] | Sorry to hear that. | 很抱歉 |
[30:00] | But, you know, like I told you the other day… | 但我那天跟你说了… |
[30:03] | she needs to do what she needs to do. | 她只需做她该做的事 |
[30:04] | I want to take her place. | 我想代替她 |
[30:06] | What? | 什么 |
[30:07] | I want to testify in her place. | 我想代替她作证 |
[30:09] | Nicole and I must’ve talked a thousand times. about what she saw that night. | 那晚她看到了什么 妮可和我说了有千百遍 |
[30:13] | I know every detail, inside and out. | 我每个细节都知道 |
[30:16] | You understand that’s perjury, right? | 你明白这是作伪证 对吧 |
[30:19] | You could go to jail, i could lose my shield… | 你会去坐牢 我会丢掉我的警徽 |
[30:22] | and do you really think Martenz’s attorney wouldn’t see right through it? | 你真以为马坦兹的律师不会看穿吗 |
[30:26] | You coming forward, months after the shooting, | 枪击发生几个月后 正好在妮可退出之时 |
[30:28] | just as Nicole backs out? | 你站了出来 |
[30:30] | He’d eat you alive on the stand | 他会当场把你生吞活剥 |
[30:32] | and Martenz would still go free. | 马坦兹依旧会被无罪释放 |
[30:35] | Mr. Rose, I’m confused. | 罗斯先生 我很迷惑 |
[30:37] | I-I know you. | 我了解你 |
[30:38] | I know how much you did for your school, your community… | 我知道你为你的学校 你的社区做了多少 |
[30:42] | How much? | 多少 |
[30:45] | How much have I done? | 我做了多少 |
[30:48] | Would you want your child to go to Rooker High? | 你会想让你的孩子上洛克高中吗 |
[30:53] | Would you want to raise them in my neighborhood? | 你会想在我的社区养育孩子吗 |
[30:56] | You really don’t think you made a difference? | 你真的觉得自己的努力没有任何作用吗 |
[30:59] | Quame Martenz shot that boy right in front of Nicole. | 夸米·马坦兹当着妮可的面枪杀了那个男孩 |
[31:03] | Didn’t care that he had a family that loved him. | 不在乎他还有爱他的家人 |
[31:05] | Didn’t care what that would do to Nicole. | 不在乎他的所作所为会对妮可产生什么影响 |
[31:08] | I have poured my life’s blood into this neighborhood. | 我把我毕生的心血都奉献给了那个社区 |
[31:13] | Never did anything but the right thing. | 总是做正确的事 |
[31:17] | You know, I stood up to ‘bangers, too, once. | 我有一次也反抗了黑帮成员 |
[31:20] | I was 12. | 我那时12岁 |
[31:22] | They tried to get me to join up. | 他们试图拉我入伙 |
[31:25] | They beat me half to death. | 把我打得半死 |
[31:28] | But you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[31:29] | I didn’t end up in any gang. | 我最终什么黑帮也没有加入 |
[31:31] | And neither did a lot of kids. | 很多孩子都是 |
[31:33] | It’s because of you. | 就是因为你 |
[31:38] | Look, go home, okay? | 听着 回家吧 好吗 |
[31:39] | Let me worry about Martenz. | 让我来操心马坦兹 |
[31:41] | We don’t get him this time, | 我们这次抓不到他 |
[31:43] | we will get him the next. | 下次一定能抓到 |
[31:46] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[31:55] | Well, from what I can tell, the company closest | 就我所知 另一个最可能 |
[31:57] | to getting another cancer-detection device on the market is called Radner Science. | 研发出癌症检测器的公司叫做拉德纳科学 |
[32:01] | They’re one of the biggest medical device companies in the world. | 他们是全球最大的医疗器械公司之一 |
[32:09] | Who’s winning? | 谁赢了 |
[32:10] | I’m having second thoughts. | 我反悔了 |
[32:11] | – About? – Tomorrow night’s festivities. | -反悔什么 -明天晚上的欢庆会 |
[32:14] | I’m pleased for Detective Bell. | 我为贝尔警探感到高兴 |
[32:15] | He’s accomplished quite a lot in these last few months. | 他最近几个月成就了很多事 |
[32:18] | He deserves to be feted. | 值得庆贺 |
[32:20] | Okay, first things first. | 好吧 首先 |
[32:21] | Are you worried about being in a bar? | 你担心待在酒吧里吗 |
[32:23] | I’m not worried about triggers. | 我不担心犯酒瘾 |
[32:25] | I’m worried I’ll distract. | 我担心我会分心 |
[32:26] | – As I said… – He would not have invited you | -正如我所说… -如果他不想看到你的话 |
[32:28] | if he didn’t want you there. | 也不会邀请你了 |
[32:31] | Misanthropy was so easy, Watson. | 厌世真是太容易了 华生 |
[32:33] | Elegant. | 非常优雅 |
[32:35] | I miss it sometimes. | 有时还挺怀念那种感觉的 |
[32:41] | Captain? | 警监 |
[32:42] | I thought you’d want to know | 我想知会你一声 |
[32:43] | that guy that was working with Barry Granger, | 与巴瑞·格兰杰共事的人 |
[32:45] | Hank Prince, he’s at the station. | 汉克·普林斯 现在正在警局 |
[32:47] | Did something happen? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[32:49] | You could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[32:50] | His estranged wife was shot dead | 他已分居的妻子 |
[32:52] | a few hours ago, in her home, | 几小时前被发现死于家中 |
[32:54] | with a gun registered to him. | 凶枪是普林斯的 |
[32:57] | He’s under arrest for murder. | 他以涉嫌谋杀的罪名被逮捕 |
[33:10] | I didn’t hurt my wife, okay? | 我没有杀我妻子 |
[33:11] | I would never hurt my wife. | 我绝不会杀她的 |
[33:13] | That why she took out a restraining order | 那三个月前她申请了对你的限制令 |
[33:15] | against you three months ago? | 又是怎么回事 |
[33:17] | Her lawyer put her up to that. | 她的律师让她那样干的 |
[33:18] | We had an argument on the phone, okay? | 我们在电话里吵架了 |
[33:20] | – That was it. – Well, according to her statement, | -就是吵架 -但根据她的说法 |
[33:22] | the argument got heated, you argued about the divorce, | 争吵非常激烈 你说要离婚 |
[33:26] | and you told her you weren’t gonna let her take a dime. | 而且你跟她说 你不会给她一分钱 |
[33:29] | She was being unreasonable. | 她那时候在无理取闹 |
[33:31] | Look, for the last time, | 我再说一次 |
[33:33] | I was in a cab with my girlfriend | 安德里亚被杀的时候 |
[33:34] | when Andrea was shot. | 我与女友正坐在出租车里 |
[33:36] | Her name is Sloan Teller. | 她叫斯隆·特纳 |
[33:38] | We were going from her place to my place. | 我们从她家出发去我家 |
[33:40] | You got a medallion number, driver’s name, | 还记得出租车牌照和司机名字吗 |
[33:42] | anything at all we can use to confirm your story? | 以便我们证实你的话 |
[33:44] | ‘Cause the whole “my girlfriend is my alibi” thing | 因为找女友做不在场证明 |
[33:46] | is starting to wear a little thin. | 实在没什么说服力 |
[33:48] | I got a receipt, I think. | 我记得有出租车发票 |
[33:51] | I-I-I would’ve left it on my counter when I got home. | 回家的时候估计放在桌上了 |
[33:55] | Are you two seriously just gonna stand there? | 你们俩真就打算在那干站着 |
[33:57] | Tell him what you told me today. | 告诉他你们今天跟我说的 |
[33:59] | We went to see Mr. Prince | 我们的确去见了普林斯先生 |
[34:00] | because we believe someone was targeting him and his work. | 因为我们怀疑有人盯上了他和他的仪器 |
[34:04] | You hear that? | 听到没有 |
[34:05] | Someone is after me. | 有人在害我 |
[34:06] | Someone who wants my device to fail. | 有人想破坏我的仪器 |
[34:08] | First they wrote that letter to discredit Barry’s study. | 他们先写信来质疑巴瑞的研究 |
[34:10] | Then they killed him. | 然后又杀害了他 |
[34:12] | But your people saw through all that, | 你的手下看穿了他们的把戏 |
[34:14] | so now they’re framing me for Andrea’s murder. | 现在他们是拿安德里亚的死来陷害我 |
[34:17] | She was killed with your gun. | 她是被你的枪打死的 |
[34:18] | Which must’ve been stolen from my home. | 肯定是从我家偷的 |
[34:22] | They found it on the coffee table a few feet from Andrea’s body, right? | 枪在离尸体不远的咖啡桌上发现的对吧 |
[34:27] | Tell me, what kind of idiot would I have to be | 你说说 我是多白痴 |
[34:30] | to kill my wife with my own gun | 才会用自己的枪打死妻子 |
[34:32] | and then just leave it behind? | 再把它留在犯罪现场 |
[34:36] | You know what? | 告诉你们 |
[34:38] | I’m done talking. | 我不打算再说什么了 |
[34:40] | I-I want my lawyer. | 我要见律师 |
[34:42] | Either this guy did the dumbest job shooting his ex I’ve ever seen, | 要不就是这家伙实在太傻枪杀了他前妻 |
[34:45] | or someone’s doing a really good job ruining his life. | 要不就是陷害他的人实在太高明 |
[34:48] | The man developed a machine for detecting cancer via exhalations, | 他发明了通过呼吸检测癌症的机器 |
[34:51] | I don’t think he’s dumb. | 我觉得他应该不傻 |
[34:52] | You think he’s telling the truth? | 你觉得他说的是实话 |
[34:54] | Someone’s setting him up? | 有人要陷害他 |
[34:55] | He had motive to kill his wife, | 他有杀妻动机 |
[34:56] | there were no signs of forced entry, | 犯案现场没有强行进入的痕迹 |
[34:58] | so she probably knew her attacker, | 所以她很可能认识袭击者 |
[34:59] | his gun was the murder weapon. | 他的枪是凶器 |
[35:01] | But there were no prints on it, and he does have a point. | 但枪上没有指纹 他说的也有道理 |
[35:04] | He’d have to be an idiot to kill her this way. | 这样杀害妻子简直太蠢了 |
[35:06] | Well, I’m gonna send a team to his house to find that receipt. | 我会派一个小分队去他家找发票 |
[35:08] | We don’t find it, | 如果没找到 |
[35:09] | he better pray you two figure out | 他最好祈祷你们能够发现 |
[35:11] | who’s gunning for him. | 到底是谁在陷害他 |
[35:22] | I’m dreaming this, right? | 我在做梦吧 |
[35:23] | You’re not seriously waking me up again. | 你不是又来扰我美梦了 |
[35:25] | The detectives who searched Hank Prince’s home | 如他所言 搜查汉克·普林斯家的警探 |
[35:27] | found the taxi receipt, just like he said they would. | 在他家找到了出租车发票 |
[35:29] | They identified the cab driver. They showed him photographs | 他们又找到了出租车司机 给他看了 |
[35:31] | of Prince and his girlfriend, Sloan Teller. | 普林斯和女友斯隆·特纳的照片 |
[35:33] | He I.D.’d the both of them. | 司机认出了他们两人 |
[35:34] | Remembered them vividly, mostly Ms. Teller, vividly. | 印象非常深刻 尤其是特纳女士 |
[35:37] | I haven’t even met her, and I can picture her vividly. | 我也没见过她 但我也对她印象深刻 |
[35:40] | But so what? The guy has an alibi. | 那又怎样 他虽然有不在场证明 |
[35:42] | He could’ve hired anyone to shoot his wife. | 但完全可以雇别人杀他妻子 |
[35:44] | Would you hire someone to kill someone for you, | 你会去雇一个杀手 |
[35:46] | go to the trouble of establishing an alibi, | 并且不辞劳苦地制造不在场证明 |
[35:47] | and then hand that person your gun to commit the crime? | 然后又把你的枪给他来暴露自己吗 |
[35:50] | For the time being, Mr. Prince has been released from custody. | 普林斯先生暂时被释放了 |
[35:52] | And until a better theory presents itself, | 如果没有更好的解释 |
[35:53] | I believe we must continue operating under our previous assumption | 我想我们不得不继续先前的猜测 |
[35:56] | that someone is targeting Prince in an effort to undermine The Hound. | 也就是有人故意陷害普林斯来搞垮猎犬计划 |
[35:59] | I get that framing the head of a company for murder | 陷害公司负责人谋杀可以严重影响公司发展 |
[36:01] | could throw a hitch in his business plan, | 这个道理我懂 |
[36:03] | but it’s a hell of a long way to go. | 但我看没有这么简单 |
[36:05] | Precisely the reason that I think | 这也就是为什么 |
[36:07] | we need to focus our attention on an individual | 我认为我们应该把注意力集中在 |
[36:09] | disposed to going to such lengths. | 愿意费这么大周折的那个人身上 |
[36:10] | Last night, you mentioned | 昨晚你提到 |
[36:11] | a likely home for our corporate saboteur, | 有个疑似想破坏猎犬计划的对手 |
[36:13] | a company called Radner Science. | 叫拉德纳科学公司 |
[36:15] | I wasn’t even sure you heard that. | 没想到你都听到了 |
[36:16] | Well, not only did I hear it, | 我不仅仅是听到了 |
[36:17] | I spent most of the night considering it, | 还花了一晚上来思考这件事 |
[36:19] | and I have concluded that I agree. | 我的结论是同意你的看法 |
[36:21] | I read the autobiography of its CEO, | 我看了公司总裁的自传 |
[36:23] | Charles “Call me Chuck” Hammond, | 查尔斯·哈蒙德 请叫我查克 |
[36:25] | and he’s just the kind of Sun Tzu-quoting, | 他就是《孙子兵法》里提到的那种 |
[36:27] | take no prisoners corporate executive that one might | 格杀勿论 赶尽杀绝 |
[36:29] | expect to ignore all boundaries of moral decency. | 为达目的 不择手段之人 |
[36:32] | Plus, the company is developing a device | 此外 这家公司也在开发一种 |
[36:34] | in direct competition to The Hound. | 与猎犬相竞争的仪器 |
[36:37] | However, from what I can infer from the Internet, | 不过 我从网上了解到 |
[36:38] | they may be as much as one year behind in the race. Come on. | 他们的研究整整落后了一年 快点 |
[36:41] | Are you okay? You seem hyper. | 你还好吗 看着很亢奋 |
[36:43] | I may have had a coffee or three with my tea this morning. | 我今早可能在茶里掺了一到三杯咖啡 |
[36:48] | Are you joking about this? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[36:50] | Two lives have been taken, | 两条人命都没了 |
[36:51] | a third is on the verge of ruination. | 第三起命案极有可能发生 |
[36:53] | It’s not really a joking matter. | 这可不是开玩笑的事 |
[36:55] | You do admit you know | 你承认你知道 |
[36:56] | about Hank Prince and the two murders. | 汉克·普林斯和两起谋杀案 |
[36:58] | Of course I do. It’s my job to know. | 我当然知道 这是我的份内事 |
[37:00] | Because your cancer-detecting products are in competition. | 因为你们的癌症检测产品正在互相竞争 |
[37:03] | I don’t know what sort of weird cloak and dagger world | 我不知道你生活在什么奇怪世界里 |
[37:05] | you live in, but in mine, | 但在我的世界里 |
[37:06] | we don’t go around killing our competition. | 我们不会去杀死竞争对手 |
[37:09] | We don’t have to because there is and always has been | 我们不需要杀人 因为永远都有 |
[37:11] | a pretty damn effective alternative. | 比杀人更好的选择 |
[37:14] | And what might that be? | 是什么 |
[37:15] | Buying them. | 直接并购 |
[37:17] | I have a whole floor full of analysts | 我有一整层楼的分析员 |
[37:19] | whose job is to do nothing more than pay attention | 他们唯一的工作就是留意那些 |
[37:21] | to start-ups like Hank Prince. | 像汉克·普林斯这样的业界新秀 |
[37:23] | We watch, we wait, we prepare a bid, | 我们观察 等待时机 准备出价方案 |
[37:25] | and then when all this dust settles, | 待一切尘埃落定 |
[37:27] | if his device is any good, | 如果他的仪器足够好 |
[37:28] | we pay him handsomely for his company. | 我们就高价买下他的公司 |
[37:31] | We put the words Radner Science on the side of his Hound, | 把他的猎犬变成拉德纳科学的产品 |
[37:34] | and nobody’s happier than me. | 没有人比我更乐见其成了 |
[37:36] | Make sense? | 说得通吧 |
[37:37] | Entirely. | 很有道理 |
[37:39] | Yes, our apologies for interrupting your breakfast. | 很抱歉打扰了你的早餐 |
[37:41] | You’ve been most helpful. | 你给了我们莫大的帮助 |
[37:47] | Are you crashing? You look like you’re crashing. | 你睡着了吗 你看上去像是睡着[下降]了 |
[37:49] | No, I’m ascending, actually. | 不 相反我是在上升 |
[37:52] | I believe I’ve determined who has the strongest motive | 我相信我已经知道谁最有动机 |
[37:54] | – to hurt Hank Prince. – Who? | -伤害汉克·普林斯了 -谁 |
[37:56] | Hank Prince. | 汉克·普林斯 |
[38:04] | Captain. | 警监 |
[38:05] | Care to explain why photographs | 能劳烦解释一下为何 |
[38:06] | of my client and his girlfriend | 我的委托人及其女友的照片 |
[38:08] | have been taped to those chairs? | 被贴在椅背上吗 |
[38:10] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[38:11] | We met Chuck Hammond this morning. Colorful chap. | 我们今早见到了查克·哈蒙德 有趣的家伙 |
[38:14] | He was kind enough to give us this. | 他很好心地给了我们这个 |
[38:16] | It’s is Radner Science’s | 是拉德纳科学 |
[38:18] | financial analysis of your company, | 对贵公司作出的财务分析 |
[38:20] | complete with a handy graph plotting its projected value over time. | 还包括公司不同时期预估市值的有用图表 |
[38:25] | If The Hound proves to be as successful | 如果猎犬真像巴瑞·格兰杰的 |
[38:27] | as Barry Granger’s research suggested it would be, | 研究所说的那般成功 |
[38:30] | you stand to become a very wealthy man. | 你就会获得巨额的财富 |
[38:32] | Your problem is that you were in the middle of a divorce. | 但问题是你正处于离婚纠纷之中 |
[38:35] | Your wife’s lawyers were busy trying to figure out | 你妻子的律师团正忙着计算 |
[38:37] | how much you would be worth in the future | 你将来的财富总额 |
[38:38] | so they would know how much you would have to share. | 以决定你应该分出多少财产 |
[38:41] | You wanted your future to disappear, | 你希望你将来的财富消失 |
[38:42] | but only temporarily. | 但只是暂时性的 |
[38:44] | You came up with a tidy plan. | 于是你想出了这个周密的计划 |
[38:46] | Impersonate Adam Peer to suggest | 借亚当·皮尔之名 |
[38:48] | that Dr. Granger falsified his results. | 称格兰杰博士伪造了研究结果 |
[38:50] | Then murder him, stage it as a suicide, | 然后杀了他并设计成自杀 |
[38:53] | simultaneously removing the one man | 一举两得地除掉了唯一一个 |
[38:54] | who could defend his work | 会为自己的研究辩白 |
[38:56] | and legitimizing the accusations of fraud. | 从而让你的骗局露馅的人 |
[38:58] | Once the divorce was finalized | 一旦离婚的事板上钉钉 |
[39:00] | and the company was out of your wife’s reach, | 你妻子再也无法捞到公司的好处 |
[39:02] | well, Barry’s work would be vindicated. | 巴瑞的研究会被证明无误 |
[39:05] | The company’s value would skyrocket, | 公司的价值立刻飙升 |
[39:06] | and you would be able to keep your millions. | 你就能保住那些财富了 |
[39:09] | Your company’s value was gonna rebound too quickly. | 只是贵公司的价值回升速度太快 |
[39:12] | You were still dead set against sharing | 而你死都不愿意让你妻子 |
[39:14] | anything with your wife, | 分得一杯羹 |
[39:15] | so you went to plan B– | 于是你采用了备用计划 |
[39:18] | you killed her. | 杀了她 |
[39:19] | Realizing that as the estranged husband, | 你知道作为一个与妻子分居的丈夫 |
[39:22] | you would inevitably be the prime suspect, | 毋庸置疑你会被列为首要嫌疑人 |
[39:24] | you hatched another devious plan. | 所以你狡猾地设计了另一出戏 |
[39:26] | You framed yourself for a murder you actually committed. | 你把自己做的案嫁祸给自己 |
[39:29] | The other day, we told you that we thought someone was targeting you. | 那天我们说可能是有人盯上你了 |
[39:32] | You took that idea and ran with it. | 你就顺水推舟 |
[39:33] | You murdered your wife | 谋杀了你妻子 |
[39:34] | because you thought it fit with the narrative of our case. | 因为这正符合此案的逻辑 |
[39:37] | You were being framed by someone who wanted to destroy you. | 你被陷害了 那人想置你于死地 |
[39:40] | You’re forgetting my client | 你们忘记我的委托人 |
[39:41] | has an alibi for both murders. | 在两起谋杀案时都有不在场证明了 |
[39:44] | You interviewed Sloan Teller and the cab driver yourselves. | 是你们给斯隆·特纳和出租车司机录口供的 |
[39:46] | Ms. Teller wouldn’t be the first girlfriend to falsely alibi | 特纳女士也不是第一个为杀害老婆的男友 |
[39:49] | a guy for his wife’s murder. | 伪造不在场证明的人了 |
[39:51] | And as far as the cab driver goes… | 至于那个出租车司机 |
[39:55] | This is the actual partition from the cab in question. | 这就是那辆出租车里的隔离板 |
[39:57] | Have a look through it. | 你们自己看看 |
[39:58] | Would it surprise you to learn that upon being reinterviewed, | 你应该不会觉得惊讶 再次接受问话时 |
[40:00] | the cab driver admitted that he barely saw the gentleman in the backseat. | 司机承认 他几乎完全没看到后座上的男士 |
[40:03] | His attention was far more focused | 他的注意力全放在 |
[40:04] | on the provocatively dressed Ms. Teller. | 穿着性感挑逗的特纳女士身上了 |
[40:07] | As you intended. | 正如你希望的那样 |
[40:08] | We got a warrant for Ms. Teller’s apartment. | 我们获准搜查特纳女士的公寓 |
[40:10] | Turns out, she spent most of the day yesterday | 发现她昨天大部分时间都在 |
[40:12] | on TrueRomantix.Com, | 真爱网上 |
[40:15] | specifically searching for guys | 专门找你这种身高 |
[40:17] | about your height, build and hair color | 体形及发色的男士 |
[40:19] | who might be interested in going on a date with her last night. | 看谁有兴趣昨晚跟她出来约会 |
[40:23] | Once we discovered that, | 我们发现了这点之后 |
[40:24] | she flipped on you pretty quick. | 她很快就把你供出来了 |
[40:33] | Bell. | 我是贝尔 |
[40:35] | Hey, man. | 你好啊 |
[40:38] | Yeah, that was mine. | 对 是我的 |
[40:43] | When? | 什么时候 |
[40:47] | The way it was described to me, | 据他们跟我说 |
[40:48] | Mr. Rose walked up to Mr. Martenz on Euclid Avenue and… | 罗斯先生去欧几里德大道找马坦兹先生 |
[40:53] | no warning, just emptied his weapon. | 什么都没说 就向他开枪 |
[40:55] | A couple of Martenz’s friends returned fire. | 马坦兹先生的几个朋友开枪反击 |
[40:57] | Both were declared dead at the scene. | 两人均当场丧命 |
[41:04] | Did you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[41:07] | Only the legend. | 只知道他的传奇 |
[41:28] | And there was me thinking the party would be inside. | 我还以为派对是在里面呢 |
[41:31] | Hey. | 你来了 |
[41:32] | I wasn’t sure you’d come. | 还以为你可能不来了 |
[41:34] | Well, neither was I. | 我也不确定来着 |
[41:38] | Had I known this would be the extent of the revelry, | 要是我知道你所谓的狂欢就是这样 |
[41:40] | I might have committed much sooner. | 我可能早就答应了 |
[41:45] | You ever have one of those nights? | 你也经历过这样的夜晚吗 |
[41:49] | My fair share. | 很多次 |
[41:52] | I worked my ass off to get back, | 我拼尽了全力回到这个岗位 |
[41:55] | really back. | 回到原来的状态 |
[41:57] | Harder than I’ve worked at anything my whole life. | 我这辈子都没经历过更难的事 |
[42:01] | Everyone in there | 里面的所有人 |
[42:02] | is expecting me to be happy tonight, but… | 都觉得我今晚应该开心 但… |
[42:05] | Yeah. | 我明白 |
[42:06] | The work we do… | 干我们这行 |
[42:09] | there’s often a price. | 总是有代价的 |
[42:12] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[42:13] | I guess I’m just… | 我想我只是 |
[42:15] | not ready to go inside yet. | 还没准备好进去 |
[42:19] | Well, don’t. | 那就别进去 |
[42:21] | Not yet. | 过会儿再说 |
[42:24] | There’s a coffee shop on the corner. | 拐角处有间咖啡厅 |
[42:27] | That an invitation? | 你是在邀请我吗 |
[42:30] | Well, they’ll still be here when you’re ready. | 反正等你准备好了他们也还在 |