时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | 兰迪 我们能谈谈吗 | |
[00:43] | 兰迪 我觉得我要嗑药了 | |
[00:47] | Watson, I’ve just had an alarming conversation… | 华生 我刚刚经历了一段惊人的对话 |
[00:53] | I was expecting to find my… housemate. | 我以为是我的室友在这里 |
[00:56] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[00:58] | I’m Gay. | 我是盖伊[同性恋] |
[01:00] | I’m not. | 我不是 |
[01:03] | It’s my name. | 那是我的名字 |
[01:04] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[01:06] | I’m Sherlock. | 我是夏洛克 |
[01:08] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:09] | I also am… gay. | 我也是…同性恋 |
[01:11] | So, you know, saves time. | 所以这名字是为了节约时间 |
[01:14] | How efficient. | 效率很高啊 |
[01:15] | Welcome to my home. | 欢迎来我家 |
[01:19] | I see you’ve met Gay. | 原来你见到盖伊了啊 |
[01:21] | Would you excuse us for a moment… Gay? | 能让我们单独说两句吗 盖伊 |
[01:25] | Randy is fighting off the urge to relapse, | 兰迪正在跟复吸的欲望作斗争 |
[01:28] | so I’m leaving to accompany him to a meeting. | 所以我要陪他去参加互助会 |
[01:29] | Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾听到这个消息 |
[01:30] | What’s bothering him? | 他怎么了 |
[01:33] | He’s a drug addict. | 他是个瘾君子 |
[01:34] | Um, I-I see that you’re, uh, | 我发现你在 |
[01:36] | looking into my trunk of unsolved cases. | 看我的那些没破的旧案子 |
[01:38] | Yes. You told me to look into it in my spare time. | 你让我没事的时候看看的 |
[01:40] | I think I might have found something | 我觉得我可能 |
[01:41] | in the Doug Newberg file. | 在道格·纽伯格的卷宗里找到了线索 |
[01:43] | You remember the case, right? | 你还记得那个案子吧 |
[01:44] | He was shot in his home in Riverdale. | 他在河谷区的家中被枪杀 |
[01:46] | Uh, the place was ransacked, | 他家被仔细搜查过 |
[01:47] | police found the killer’s DNA, | 警方找到了凶手的DNA |
[01:48] | but they never found a match. | 但一直没有找到匹配者 |
[01:51] | Yes. No, uh, I remember it well. | 对 我记得很清楚 |
[01:53] | Well, uh, fairly well. Vaguely. | 挺清楚的 有点模糊了 |
[01:55] | Oh. I figured you were using, | 我发现你那时在嗑药 |
[01:57] | because your notes were really disorganized. | 因为你的笔记非常杂乱无章 |
[01:59] | Newberg was a philanderer. | 纽伯格是个情种 |
[02:00] | I was investigating the possibility | 我当时正在调查 |
[02:02] | that he had been murdered by a man he had cuckolded. | 杀他的人是不是被他戴绿帽子的男人 |
[02:04] | What have you learned? | 你发现什么了 |
[02:06] | Well, you remember this? | 你还记得这个吗 |
[02:11] | I wrote that, | 那是我写的 |
[02:12] | but I have no idea what I meant. | 但我完全不知道我写了什么 |
[02:13] | Oh, okay, well, I figured that your marker | 好吧 我发现你的记号笔在这里漏水了 |
[02:16] | exploded right here. I wanted to see what was under | 我想知道墨迹下面是什么 |
[02:18] | the ink blotches, so I put some nail polish remover | 所以我在上面涂了一些卸甲油 |
[02:20] | and then some black coffee over it. | 和一些黑咖啡 |
[02:22] | You use black coffee to get rid of stains? | 你用黑咖啡来去除污渍吗 |
[02:24] | Yes, of course. The acid in the coffee breaks down the marker. | 当然 咖啡中的酸可以溶解记号笔的墨迹 |
[02:25] | Have you never cleaned a whiteboard? | 你从来没有清理过白板吗 |
[02:28] | So, look at this wall. | 看看这面墙 |
[02:30] | All of it is gray except | 除了这块黑色的大石头 |
[02:31] | for this big black stone. It stood out to me, | 其他部分都是灰色的 它引起了我的注意 |
[02:33] | so I tracked down Gay. | 所以我找到了盖伊 |
[02:34] | She’s a geology fellow at NYU. | 她是纽约大学的地质学老师 |
[02:36] | I asked her to take a look. | 我让她来看一看 |
[02:38] | It’s interesting. | 挺有意思的 |
[02:39] | Tough to tell from the photo. | 从照片很难看出什么 |
[02:41] | But I think I see some striations on this rock, | 但我觉得我看到石头上有一些条纹 |
[02:43] | and that would mean that… | 那也许意味着… |
[02:44] | It’s dug up from well beneath the surface of the earth. | 它是从地下的井里被挖出来的 |
[02:46] | Yeah, well, can’t say for sure without seeing it in person, | 如果不亲眼看到就没法确认 |
[02:49] | so we’re gonna go to Riverdale, see if it’s still there. | 所以我们要去河谷区看看它还在不在 |
[02:51] | Fascinating. I’ll join you. | 有意思 我跟你们一起去 |
[02:54] | Um… Randy? | 那兰迪呢 |
[02:58] | I know you’re my sponsor and not my shrink. | 我知道你是我的担保人而不是心理医生 |
[03:00] | It’s just… we have, like, | 只是…在互助会开始前 |
[03:03] | 20 minutes before the meeting starts. | 我们还有二十分钟 |
[03:06] | Is it okay if I tell you what’s going on? | 我能告诉你发生什么事了吗 |
[03:12] | You know what? It’s okay. | 算了 没关系的 |
[03:14] | You’re right. This isn’t about therapy. | 你是对的 这跟治疗无关 |
[03:19] | Your sobriety is important to me, | 你的戒毒对我来说很重要 |
[03:22] | and… | 而且… |
[03:23] | this is important to your sobriety, so… | 这事对你的戒毒来说很重要 |
[03:28] | So, it’s Eve. | 是伊芙的事 |
[03:30] | We used to live together for, like, two years. | 我们曾经同居过大概两年 |
[03:33] | First time I got high, it was with her. | 我第一次嗑药就是跟她一起 |
[03:35] | Last time I got high, it was with her. | 我上一次嗑药也是跟她一起 |
[03:38] | I couldn’t get sober till she left town. | 直到她离开我才开始戒毒 |
[03:41] | Only, now she’s back. | 可是 她现在回来了 |
[03:44] | Says she wants me to help her get clean. | 说她想让我帮她戒毒 |
[03:46] | She wants to… live with me while she kicks. | 她想在她戒毒期间跟我住在一起 |
[03:51] | So a, uh… | 所以… |
[03:53] | practicing drug addict wants to move in with you? | 一个还在吸毒的瘾君子想来跟你住 |
[03:56] | Look, I know it’s a bad idea. | 我知道这不是个好主意 |
[03:58] | Why do you think I’m so stressed? | 不然你觉得我为什么压力这么大 |
[04:07] | Sorry, you-you… you want my advice? | 抱歉 你是想要我的建议吗 |
[04:10] | I don’t know. We have some time before the meeting. | 我不知道 离互助会还有一点时间 |
[04:15] | Well, as it happens, | 碰巧的是 |
[04:16] | I’m more familiar than I should be | 我对危险女人所具有的 |
[04:19] | with the allure of a dangerous woman. | 诱惑力非常熟悉 |
[04:22] | So I’m qualified when I say, uh, | 所以我够格这么说 |
[04:25] | you must cut this Eve out of your life entirely. | 你得让这位伊芙彻底离开你的生活 |
[04:28] | I should just turn my back on her? | 我就直接不理她吗 |
[04:30] | Your sobriety is paramount. | 对你来说戒毒是最紧要的 |
[04:31] | And it may be too fragile to withstand her influence. | 有她在你身边 这一点就很难做到 |
[04:35] | Is that what you did with your woman? | 你就是这样对你女人的吗 |
[04:39] | It’s what’s best. | 这样最好 |
[04:48] | You sure we can just prowl around in his backyard? | 你确定我们可以偷溜进这家后院 |
[04:50] | People live here. | 有人住这儿的 |
[04:52] | Nobody’s home. | 没人在家 |
[04:54] | Anyway, I’m sure they want us to catch | 他们肯定也希望我们 |
[04:56] | whoever killed the guy who used to live here, right? | 抓到杀害上任屋主的凶手吧 |
[04:59] | Oh, still here. | 还在这儿呢 |
[05:11] | You see these white layers here? That’s chalk. | 看到这一层层白色吗 这是白垩 |
[05:13] | This is marine limestone. If I had to guess, | 这是海相灰岩 要我猜的话 |
[05:14] | I’d say it’s really old. | 我会说它很古老了 |
[05:16] | How old? | 多古老 |
[05:18] | Chalk deposits are typical of the Cretaceous era. | 白垩沉积是白垩纪特有的 |
[05:20] | That’s 65 million years ago. | 那就是6500万年前 |
[05:22] | Looks like it’s part of this wall, huh? | 看起来像矮墙的一部分 |
[05:24] | Oh, no, these rocks are purely decorative. | 不 这些石头仅用作装饰 |
[05:27] | Somebody put this here. | 而这块是被人刻意放在这儿的 |
[05:28] | 夏洛克 岩石来自白垩纪 | |
[05:28] | I’ll tell you something else: | 再跟你说件事 |
[05:30] | it was cut out of the ground | 这岩石是从地里挖出来的 |
[05:32] | and field dressed for transport. | 为运输特意做成这样 |
[05:33] | They usually do that with archeological specimens. | 通常都是考古标本才这样做 |
[05:35] | So you think there’s something in there? | 你觉得这里面有东西 |
[05:37] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[05:39] | So now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[05:41] | 夏洛克 太棒了 你得把它偷回来 | |
[05:49] | Well, you’re not holding a large rock, | 你没抱着一块大岩石 |
[05:51] | so I take it you found someone to do the CT scan for us. | 那你是找到人帮我们做断层扫描了吧 |
[05:54] | – Yes. – Gay? | -是的 -盖伊呢 |
[05:55] | She bailed when I asked her to help me steal it. | 我请她帮忙偷石头时 她跑了 |
[05:57] | Randy? | 兰迪呢 |
[05:58] | – Still sober. – And you? | -没有旧习复发 -那你呢 |
[06:00] | You know, my life has been carefully constructed | 我的生活有规有矩 |
[06:02] | so I don’t have to do things like talk to people | 所以我不必跟人谈论 |
[06:04] | about their former romantic partners. | 前女友之类的事 |
[06:06] | And yet here we are. | 但事已至此 |
[06:07] | I, uh… | 我 |
[06:08] | I looked at your rock. | 我看过你的石头了 |
[06:11] | I-I think you’re gonna want to see this. | 你可能想来看看这个 |
[06:15] | I withdraw my earlier skepticism. | 我收回先前的怀疑 |
[06:17] | The dinosaur in Doug Newberg’s backyard | 道格·纽伯格后院里的恐龙 |
[06:20] | did indeed escape my notice. | 确实躲过了我的眼睛 |
[06:34] | Magnificent, isn’t she? | 是不是很美 |
[06:37] | We pulled her out of the ground in the Wind River Range. | 我们把她从风河岭的地里挖了出来 |
[06:40] | Agnes here is the world’s only | 艾格尼丝是世上仅存的 |
[06:41] | complete Dimetrodon skeleton. | 完整异齿龙骨骼标本 |
[06:44] | I’m, uh, Jerry Thomas. | 我是杰瑞·托马斯 |
[06:45] | I’m the curator of the fossil collection here. | 这儿化石馆藏的管理人 |
[06:48] | Sherlock Holmes. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[06:49] | This is my associate Joan Watson. | 这是我同事乔恩·华生 |
[06:50] | Well, my assistant tells me you’re with the NYPD, | 我的助手说你们是纽约警局的人 |
[06:54] | and you think you found a fossil. | 你们自认为发现了一块化石 |
[06:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:01] | Is this real? | 这是真的吗 |
[07:03] | We believe it is. | 应该是 |
[07:05] | Okay, this is amazing. | 太赞了 |
[07:10] | This looks to me like a Nanotyrannus. | 我看这好像是矮暴龙 |
[07:13] | Think of it like a miniature T. Rex. | 算是小型霸王龙吧 |
[07:15] | It’s incredibly rare. | 非常罕见 |
[07:18] | I think this is a full skeleton. | 这好像是完整的骨骼 |
[07:20] | It’s an infant. | 是幼龙 |
[07:22] | Where do you think it came from? | 你觉得这是哪来的 |
[07:23] | You told my assistant there was a chalk striation | 你跟我的助手说在你发现它的岩石里 |
[07:25] | on the rock you found it in? | 有白垩切面纹 |
[07:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:28] | Okay, that’s marine limestone. | 这是海相灰岩 |
[07:29] | We haven’t found any of that in a dig | 已经很久没在国内 |
[07:30] | in the States in quite some time. | 挖到这样的化石了 |
[07:34] | Most recent deposits come from Mongolia. | 最近的化石都来自蒙古 |
[07:36] | Now, I can confirm that | 我看到那块岩石 |
[07:37] | when I look at the rock, | 就可以确定 |
[07:38] | but if it was found there, then it belongs to them. | 但如果是在蒙古发现的 那就是他们的 |
[07:41] | So someone smuggled it into the States. | 有人把化石偷运到美国 |
[07:45] | How much would that be worth? | 这化石值多少钱 |
[07:47] | I would say high seven figures. | 七位数以上 |
[07:49] | Low eight. | 八位数以下 |
[07:52] | Person that killed Doug Newberg ransacked his place. | 杀害道格·纽伯格的凶手搜了他家 |
[07:54] | Maybe they were looking for that. | 也许就是在找这块化石 |
[07:58] | So you’re working on | 你新作了一幅拼贴画 |
[07:58] | a new collage in honor of Doug Newberg? | 来纪念道格·纽伯格吗 |
[08:02] | I had Detective Bell send me everything | 我让贝尔警探把纽约警局所有 |
[08:04] | the NYPD has on the man. | 有关此人的资料都传来了 |
[08:07] | I’ve been through my original notes, | 我已经看过我原来的笔记 |
[08:08] | most of their files. | 以及他们大部分档案 |
[08:11] | Doug Newberg, rest his soul, | 道格·纽伯格 愿他安息 |
[08:13] | was a rather dull person. | 真是个无趣的人 |
[08:15] | I can’t find anything which connects him to smuggling. | 完全找不到他跟走私有关的线索 |
[08:18] | Except for the dinosaur in his backyard. | 除了他后院里的那块恐龙化石 |
[08:21] | I’m trying to immerse myself | 我正在深入了解 |
[08:22] | in the particulars of Mr. Newberg’s life. | 纽伯格先生的人生经历 |
[08:24] | If he was not involved with the black market, | 如果他没在黑市做过买卖 |
[08:25] | perhaps someone in his orbit was. | 也许他认识的某个人做过 |
[08:30] | Hey, how is it getting back into a case you were working on | 重新接手你吸毒时办的案子 |
[08:33] | when you were using? | 感觉如何 |
[08:36] | Interesting. | 很有趣 |
[08:38] | There were times, before I ended up in the gutter, | 在我还没彻底沦陷于毒品之前 |
[08:40] | where I functioned extremely well with my addiction. | 我的毒瘾曾助我屡破奇案 |
[08:45] | In spite of the fact | 尽管以前 |
[08:46] | that I accepted payment from Mr. Newberg’s parents, | 纽伯格父母付了我薪水 |
[08:48] | this investigation is very clearly | 但关于此事的调查很明显 |
[08:50] | not one of those times. | 并不尽人意 |
[08:53] | I failed to give the man my best efforts, | 为了这个人的案子我并未尽全力 |
[08:55] | and that is not a pleasant thing to consider. | 一想起这事我就浑身不舒服 |
[09:02] | Who is it? | 谁的短信 |
[09:03] | It’s Randy. | 是兰迪的 |
[09:04] | His gyno-difficulties persist. | 他的女性困扰还是没解决 |
[09:09] | A man sits before me. | 这家伙坐在我对面 |
[09:11] | His continued sobriety may or may not hang on | 他到底能不能坚持戒毒 |
[09:13] | whether I allow him to air his issues. | 跟我是否让他倾诉困扰根本毫无关系 |
[09:16] | I choose the decent path, | 也许看起来让人不怎么舒服 |
[09:17] | distasteful as it may seem, | 但我选择了正确的处理方式 |
[09:18] | and I hear him out. | 我听完了他的话 |
[09:20] | The Rubicon is crossed. | 一切就此决定 |
[09:22] | I am now a confidante. | 我现在成他的知己了 |
[09:24] | If I cut him off now, | 如果我现在不管他 |
[09:25] | do I not potentially put his recovery at risk? | 应该不利于他戒毒吧 |
[09:30] | What are you texting him? | 你给他回了什么 |
[09:34] | “You’ll do better next time” | 下次就好了 |
[09:39] | This rock wall is very clearly not | 很明显 这堵石头墙并不是 |
[09:41] | a random hiding place. | 被随机选作藏匿地点的 |
[09:43] | It was very clearly chosen and very carefully… | 选择它是经过慎重考虑之后 |
[09:49] | How on earth did you make a career dealing with addicts? | 真不知道你是怎么靠瘾君子养活自己的 |
[09:52] | Well, it’s pretty late. You could just call him. | 现在已经很晚了 给他打个电话就行了 |
[09:55] | No. | 不行 |
[09:56] | Okay, well, I will work on | 那好吧 你出去的时候 |
[09:58] | the collage while you are out. | 我会试着把线索拼起来 |
[10:00] | It’s not a collage. | 这才不是拼图 |
[10:02] | I don’t do crafts. | 我不做手工 |
[10:10] | What time did you get in last night? | 你昨晚什么时候回来的 |
[10:12] | I was with Randy until | 我一直陪着兰迪 |
[10:14] | well into the evening. | 直到深夜 |
[10:17] | Well, you’re gonna need those. | 你最好把那个穿上 |
[10:18] | After breakfast, we’re gonna get ice cream. | 吃完早饭 我们要去买冰淇淋 |
[10:21] | It’s the dead of winter. | 现在可是冬天 |
[10:22] | Why would we want to go for ice cream? | 为什么要跑去吃冰淇淋 |
[10:24] | Exactly. | 说得没错 |
[10:27] | That’s Diego Salcedo. | 这是迭戈·萨尔塞多 |
[10:28] | Doug Newberg was his best man at his wedding. | 他结婚时 道格·纽伯格是他的伴郎 |
[10:31] | Diego has a record. | 迭戈有过犯罪记录 |
[10:32] | Convicted of small stuff, | 被判过一些小罪 |
[10:33] | but eight years ago, | 但八年前 |
[10:34] | he was convicted on three different counts | 三个不同的法庭 |
[10:37] | of criminal possession of stolen property. | 都判定他非法持有盗窃物品 |
[10:39] | Case ended in mistrial. | 最后都宣布判决无效 |
[10:41] | I looked into what he’s up to now. | 我查了他现在的工作 |
[10:43] | He owns a fleet of ice cream trucks | 他拥有一支冰淇淋卡车车队 |
[10:44] | that operate all over New York. | 在纽约各个角落做买卖 |
[10:46] | I checked with the city, | 我查过市里的记录 |
[10:47] | and the trucks have current permits. | 这些卡车都拥有有效许可证 |
[10:51] | And this seems to mean something to you. | 而你觉得这里有什么古怪 |
[10:52] | It’s the middle of winter. | 现在可是冬天 |
[10:53] | Why would he be running a fleet of ice cream trucks? | 为什么他要经营一支冰淇淋卡车车队 |
[10:56] | The guy that I spoke to | 我查记录时 |
[10:57] | said that most of the operators | 那人告诉我 大多数运营商 |
[10:58] | let their permits lapse during the winter. | 在冬天都不会补办许可证 |
[10:59] | So why pay | 如果一支圣代都卖不出去 |
[11:01] | if you’re not selling any sundaes? | 为什么还要花钱买许可证呢 |
[11:03] | Half of the trucks are idle | 一半的卡车被闲置 |
[11:04] | and half of them are permanent. | 这中间的一半根本就没动过 |
[11:06] | And the ones that are running? | 那些四处做买卖的卡车呢 |
[11:08] | They’re licensed to cover routes | 他们被批准在绝大多数 |
[11:09] | that are mostly industrial areas. | 工业区做生意 |
[11:11] | These industrial areas, do they include ports? | 这些工业区包括港口吗 |
[11:13] | Yes. | 包括 |
[11:14] | You think Diego Salcedo is using ice cream trucks | 你认为迭戈·萨尔塞多利用冰淇淋卡车 |
[11:16] | to move smuggled goods around the city? | 在市里四处运送走私品吗 |
[11:18] | Well, it could explain why Doug Newberg | 这至少能解释为什么会有一块化石 |
[11:20] | wound up with a fossil in his yard. | 出现在道格·纽伯格的后院里 |
[11:26] | So you think this guy | 你们认为 |
[11:27] | had something to do with Newberg’s murder? | 纽伯格被杀跟这家伙有关吗 |
[11:29] | We don’t know. | 现在还不清楚 |
[11:31] | But if he knows where the fossil came from, | 但如果他知道那块化石是哪来的 |
[11:33] | then he can get us closer to a solution than we are now. | 他就能帮我们进一步接近真相 |
[11:36] | Has anyone claimed responsibility for the Nanotyrannus yet? | 有人来认领那块矮暴龙化石了吗 |
[11:40] | No. Why? | 还没 怎么了 |
[11:42] | He wants to take it home. | 他自己想要那块化石 |
[11:43] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:45] | Immigration and Customs Enforcement | 过段时间这块化石 |
[11:46] | are stopping by later to, uh, take custody. | 将移交给移民和海关执法局保管 |
[11:50] | If it’s really from Mongolia, they’ll return it. | 如果真是从蒙古来的 他们会归还的 |
[11:55] | Looks like we got a customer. | 看起来有买家来了 |
[12:05] | A lot of money for a popsicle. | 对于一根冰棍来说也太多钱了 |
[12:09] | All right, everybody stand by. | 大家各就各位 |
[12:11] | Copy that, copy that. | 收到 收到 |
[12:12] | All units, all units… | 所有单位 所有单位… |
[12:18] | Okay, that’s it, let’s go! | 好 就现在 行动 |
[12:20] | That’s the order. All units move! | 执行命令 所有单位行动 |
[12:30] | Hey, guys. | 嗨 伙计们 |
[12:31] | What gives? | 这是干嘛 |
[12:33] | I was just returning some unsold inventory | 我只是把没卖完的存货 |
[12:34] | to my distributors. | 还给批发商们 |
[12:36] | Oh, yeah? | 是嘛 |
[12:45] | No customs stamp. | 没有海关印章 |
[12:50] | Cuban? | 古巴来的吗 |
[12:52] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[12:53] | You put a tail on me | 你们跟踪我 |
[12:55] | and you arrest me. | 然后又逮捕我 |
[12:56] | All so you can ask me a bunch of questions | 难道就是为了问我一大堆关于在我哥们 |
[12:57] | about a T. Rex you found at my buddy Doug’s house? | 道格家发现的霸王龙化石的问题 |
[13:00] | It’s a Nanotyrannus. | 是矮暴龙的化石 |
[13:02] | And we’re pretty sure you put it there. | 而且我们很肯定是你放在那儿的 |
[13:04] | The guys you were delivering those cigars to | 你走私的这些雪茄的收货人们 |
[13:07] | are ready to tell us about all the shipments | 已经准备交代你为他们运输的 |
[13:08] | you processed for them. | 所有货物了 |
[13:09] | The counts are gonna pile up. | 对你的指控会越来越多 |
[13:11] | We say you’re our lead suspect in the murder of Doug Newberg. | 我们认为你是谋杀道格·纽伯格的头号嫌犯 |
[13:14] | Could mean the difference between making bail or not. | 所以你的态度可能会决定你是否能被保释 |
[13:16] | Wait, what are you nuts? I grew up with Doug. | 你们疯了吗 我和道格一起长大的 |
[13:17] | He was my best man. I didn’t kill him. | 他是我婚礼的伴郎 我没有杀他 |
[13:19] | Do you have an alibi? | 你有不在场证明吗 |
[13:21] | I don’t know. That was what? | 谁记得 都多久前的事了 |
[13:22] | Three years ago? | 三年前吗 |
[13:24] | Captain, sorry to interrupt. | 警监 抱歉打扰了 |
[13:25] | Two guys from Immigrations and Customs just got here. | 两个移民和海关部门的人来了 |
[13:27] | They say you were expecting them. | 他们说你在等他们 |
[13:29] | Uh, tell them I need a few minutes. | 告诉他们再等我一会儿 |
[13:34] | How did the fossil get | 化石是怎么跑到 |
[13:36] | in your friend Doug’s backyard? | 你朋友道格家后院的 |
[13:38] | All right, look. | 听着 |
[13:39] | Right before Doug got killed, I took a delivery of a rock. | 就在道格被杀前 我走私了一块石头 |
[13:43] | I don’t even know what was inside it. | 我根本就不知道里面有什么 |
[13:45] | But the buyer– | 但是那个买家 |
[13:45] | he fell out at the last minute. | 在最后时刻和我谈崩了 |
[13:47] | And I was pretty sure somebody federal | 而且我十分确定有联邦探员 |
[13:48] | was watching my place, so I couldn’t bring it there. | 在监视我家 所以我不能把赃物带回去 |
[13:51] | So I asked Doug if I could keep it at his place, | 我就问道格能不能先放在他那儿 |
[13:53] | just for a couple of days. | 就几天而已 |
[13:54] | Next day, he gets killed. | 第二天 他就被杀了 |
[13:56] | Did I think that the two events were connected? | 我有没有想过这两件事有关联呢 |
[13:58] | Yeah, of course, somebody must’ve been following me. | 当然有想过 肯定有人在跟踪我 |
[14:01] | But I always thought that whoever killed him | 但我一直以为杀他的人 |
[14:03] | took the rock, too. | 也拿走了那块石头 |
[14:05] | You didn’t know it was in his backyard? | 你不知道化石在他的后院吗 |
[14:06] | I gave it to him in his garage. | 我在车库里给他的 |
[14:08] | I mean, the guy must’ve stashed the thing in there himself. | 一定是凶手自己藏在那里的 |
[14:11] | I didn’t kill Doug. | 我没有杀道格 |
[14:14] | I didn’t kill Doug– I mean, you can take my DNA. | 我没有杀道格 你们可以验我的DNA |
[14:16] | You can hook me up to a lie detector. | 也可以对我进行测谎 |
[14:17] | Whatever you need. | 想干嘛都行 |
[14:24] | Volunteered his DNA rather cheerfully, didn’t he? | 他很乐意提供自己的DNA 对吧 |
[14:27] | Whoever murdered Newberg | 杀纽伯格的人想要 |
[14:28] | wanted that skeleton, but they never found it. | 那块骨骼化石 但他们没有找到 |
[14:30] | – We did. – And? | -我们找到了 -所以呢 |
[14:32] | You want to put it on the black market, | 你想把它放在黑市上 |
[14:33] | see who comes calling. | 看谁会来买 |
[14:34] | Captain, I got a guy from I.C.E. | 警监 有个移民和海关执法局的人 |
[14:36] | hovering around my desk. | 在我桌子旁转来转去 |
[14:37] | Something about a fossil. | 是有关化石的事情 |
[14:38] | What’s with these guys? | 这些家伙们什么情况 |
[14:39] | I told them I need a few minutes. | 我告诉过他们等我一会儿的 |
[14:41] | Uh, it’s just one. | 只有一个人 |
[14:42] | And he just got here. | 他刚到 |
[14:47] | Yeah, they, uh, they signed for the thing, like, | 对 他们大概 |
[14:50] | I don’t know, like, ten minutes ago? | 十分钟前签的这个 |
[14:52] | You were supposed to wait until I got here. | 你应该等到我来了以后再处理的 |
[14:53] | These guys are federal. | 这些家伙是联邦政府的人 |
[14:54] | You know how they are about sitting around. | 你知道他们不喜欢干等着的 |
[14:56] | Did you confirm their credentials? | 你确认过他们的证件吗 |
[14:59] | I’m guessing that you didn’t, | 我猜你没有 |
[15:00] | because I got another I.C.E. Agent out in the bullpen, | 因为有另一位移民和海关执法局的特工在外面 |
[15:04] | and Detective Bell says that he checks out. | 而且贝尔警探已经核实过他的身份了 |
[15:14] | What? | 怎么回事 |
[15:16] | You just presided over the theft | 你刚刚协助了一次证物的偷窃 |
[15:17] | of a piece of evidence, which also happens to be | 而且那还是一块 |
[15:20] | a priceless archeological treasure. | 价值连城的考古宝物 |
[15:33] | And off they go with their Nanotyrannus fossil. | 这里就是他们带着矮暴龙化石走的画面 |
[15:35] | The whole affair does have a certain spirit of derring-do. | 整件事确实需要很大的勇气 |
[15:38] | One almost has to admire it. | 我都有点想点赞了 |
[15:42] | I just had a very long conversation | 我刚和移民和海关执法局的同事 |
[15:45] | with my counterpart at I.C.E. | 谈了很久 |
[15:47] | They’re gonna help us with the investigation into the robbery. | 他们会帮助我们调查抢劫案 |
[15:50] | We’ve got forensics on the paperwork they left behind, | 我们从他们留下的文件上取了一些证据 |
[15:52] | and we put a BOLO out on the thieves. | 而且对窃贼发了全境通告 |
[15:55] | Well, whoever they are, | 无论他们是谁 |
[15:56] | they command extraordinary resources. | 他们掌握着非同一般的资源 |
[15:59] | Firstly, they had to know that we’d recovered the fossil. | 首先 他们得知道我们修复了化石 |
[16:01] | There’s been no media coverage, so that implies that they’ve | 现在还没有新闻报道过 所以这说明 |
[16:03] | cultivated a source within Immigration and Customs. | 他们在移民海关执法局有线人 |
[16:06] | They created false documents that were convincing enough | 他们伪造的文件非常逼真 骗过了 |
[16:09] | to fool a veteran policeman, and they timed their operation | 经验丰富的警察 他们还算好了时间 |
[16:12] | so that they arrived before the real I.C.E. agent. | 能比真的移民海关执法局人员抢先一步 |
[16:15] | What are they even gonna do with stolen dinosaur bones? | 他们要偷来的恐龙化石有什么用 |
[16:19] | It’s not like you can unload it in some dark alley. | 这不是在随便什么地方都能装卸的 |
[16:22] | Yeah, you have to be wired | 是的 你得监听 |
[16:23] | into a network of potential bidders. | 有可能竞标的所有买家 |
[16:24] | People who are willing to spend millions of dollars | 那些愿意花几百万购买 |
[16:26] | on illegal purchases. | 非法商品的人 |
[16:29] | The question we need to ask is: who’s the biggest game in town | 现在的问题是 谁是这座城市里 |
[16:31] | when it comes to smuggled antiquities? | 最大的走私古物的人 |
[16:33] | We find that person, we’ll find the thieves. | 只要找到这个人 就能找到那些贼 |
[16:35] | And I’ll bet they’re connected to murder of Doug Newberg. | 我相信他们跟道格·纽伯格的谋杀一定有关系 |
[16:38] | We’ve got Diego’s list of people | 我们已经拿到了迭戈列出的 |
[16:40] | that knew he was driving the fossil around. | 知道他运送化石的所有人的名单 |
[16:41] | Plus, I’ll get the Port Authority | 而且 我会联系港务局 |
[16:43] | to cough up their files on high-end smugglers. | 让他们给出高级走私犯的文件 |
[16:46] | We shall see if C has any thoughts on the matter. | 我们应该问问C对这事有什么看法 |
[16:50] | Okay, so you only know her as C, | 你只知道她叫C |
[16:52] | and you’ve never actually met her, | 而且从来没见过她 |
[16:54] | but you think she can help us? | 但你觉得她能帮到我们 |
[16:56] | I know her only as C… through choice. | 我叫她C是因为那是”选择”的首字母 |
[16:59] | I could find out her real name | 当然 如果我想知道她的真名的话 |
[17:01] | if I wanted to, obviously. | 我一定能查出来 |
[17:02] | But, uh, using initials is something of a convention | 但是以首字母相称符合我们 |
[17:07] | of our mutual hobby. | 共同的爱好 |
[17:10] | Which is? | 什么爱好 |
[17:13] | C and I engage in prurient correspondence. | C和我写过一些比较淫秽的信件 |
[17:15] | We have done for quite some time. | 而且写过很多次 |
[17:18] | You write each other dirty letters? | 你们彼此用下流的信件交流 |
[17:21] | That is a uniquely prudish way of putting it. | 虽然这么说显得假正经 |
[17:24] | But yes, we do. | 不过你说的没错 |
[17:26] | Erotica is a fascinating literary genre. | 色情文学是一种非常迷人的文学体裁 |
[17:29] | I first encountered C on message boards dedicated to analyzing | 我第一次遇见C是在一个专门分析 |
[17:33] | the correspondence of D.H. Lawrence. | D·H·劳伦斯通信内容的论坛上 |
[17:33] | 20世纪英国作家 代表作有《恋爱中的女人》《儿子与情人》 | |
[17:35] | It turns out, she is a master of the form. | 原来她是写这种体裁作品的高手 |
[17:38] | And so how exactly is your naughty pen pal | 那你这个风骚的笔友对我们 |
[17:40] | supposed to help us? | 会有什么帮助呢 |
[17:42] | Well, we don’t exchange much details | 虽然我们没怎么说过 |
[17:44] | about our private lives, but I do know | 各自的私人生活 但是我知道 |
[17:47] | that she’s an executive at a top auction house. | 她是一家高级拍卖行的经理 |
[17:50] | And like most high-end houses, they have a problem losing | 像大多数高级拍卖行一样 |
[17:52] | inventory at the ports when they’re bringing | 他们在把商品运回国内时 |
[17:54] | merchandise into the country. | 经常会在港口把货物清单弄丢 |
[17:56] | So what are we supposed to be looking for here? | 那我们在这怎么才能找到她呢 |
[17:57] | Someone carrying The Story of O? | 看谁拿着《O的故事》吗 |
[18:00] | I’m not entirely sure. | 我也不是很确定 |
[18:07] | You think that’s her? | 你觉得那就是她吗 |
[18:09] | She’s described that scarf | 在她写的一封信中 |
[18:10] | in one of her letters. | 她描述过那条围巾 |
[18:28] | Do I look as you’d imagined? | 我和你想像中的一样吗 |
[18:30] | Hard to say. | 很难说 |
[18:32] | The parts of you that keep my imagination occupied are | 我想像中的你的那部分 |
[18:36] | fully clothed at the moment. | 现在被衣服盖得严严实实 |
[18:40] | You have a rare gift, madam. | 女士 你有很特殊的天赋 |
[18:41] | It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴能认识你 |
[18:44] | Thanks for meeting me in person. | 非常感谢你能来亲自见我 |
[18:46] | I’m half-convinced my assistant listens to all my calls. | 我不太相信助手会接听所有打给我的电话 |
[18:49] | But I don’t know if I’ll be able to help you. | 但我不知道我能不能帮到你 |
[18:51] | I’m an auctioneer, not a smuggler. | 我是一名拍卖师 不是走私犯 |
[18:54] | Surely you’ve rubbed elbows with a few, | 你做了这么久的生意 |
[18:55] | after a lifetime in the trade. | 一定也遇到过一些 |
[18:57] | There is one name. | 有一个人 |
[19:00] | Supposedly has a stranglehold on the trade. | 他的交易量应该不是很大 |
[19:02] | He’s a bit of a myth actually. | 他其实还挺神秘的 |
[19:05] | The employees at our warehouses always joke | 我们仓库的员工经常开玩笑说 |
[19:07] | that if they wanted to make real money, | 如果真想赚大钱 |
[19:09] | they’d sell our goods over to him. | 就应该把我们的商品卖给他 |
[19:11] | I suspect a few of them have done it. | 我怀疑真的有几个人这么干了 |
[19:14] | You have a name? | 你知道他的名字吗 |
[19:15] | It’s a bit silly. | 他的名字挺可笑的 |
[19:17] | Apparently, he calls himself “The Magpie.” | 他管自己叫”喜鹊” |
[19:20] | Any idea how I might get in touch with him? | 你知道我怎么才能联系上他吗 |
[19:22] | As I understand it, you have to have something that he wants. | 我想 如果你有他想要的东西 |
[19:25] | Then he… finds you. | 那么…他会来找你的 |
[19:32] | Hey, you back there? | 你回来了吗 |
[19:35] | Mind you don’t disturb the ink. | 希望你不要打扰我喷墨 |
[19:36] | Well, obviously, you’re gonna make me ask. | 看来你还是得让我问 |
[19:39] | We require a shiny bauble | 我们需要一件很特别的东西 |
[19:41] | to attract the attention of the Magpie. | 来吸引喜鹊的注意 |
[19:44] | So I’m making one. | 所以我正在制作一件 |
[19:48] | In 1517, Martin Luther | 在1517年 马丁·路德 |
[19:49] | nailed his 95 Theses to the door of Castle Church | 把95条论纲钉在了威滕伯格的 |
[19:53] | in Wittenberg, and so was born the Reformation. | 城堡教堂上 因此才造成了宗教改革 |
[19:55] | Oh, yeah. I took history in college. | 对啊 我在大学也学过历史 |
[19:58] | Did you know he also mailed | 你知道他还邮寄过 |
[20:00] | several handwritten copies | 在同一天邮寄过 |
[20:01] | to notable figures on the very same day? | 几份手稿给当时的杰出人物 |
[20:04] | It’s long been rumored that Luther | 传言说路德 |
[20:06] | labored over several rough drafts of the document. | 曾起草过数份草稿 |
[20:10] | You can imagine what a copy might be worth. | 你能想象出那该有多值钱 |
[20:13] | Oh, so you’re writing a fake 95 Theses. | 所以你在伪造《95条论纲》 |
[20:16] | – And then what? – I’m going to pose | -然后呢 -我打算 |
[20:18] | as someone who has recently inherited it, | 假装成刚继承这份财产 |
[20:20] | and has no idea of what its worth. | 但却不清楚其价值的傻子 |
[20:21] | There are websites which track | 现在有专门跟踪 |
[20:22] | the availabilities of such things. | 这种事情的网站 |
[20:24] | I suppose eBay is always an option. | 我想易贝网就不错 |
[20:28] | Is this written in English? | 这是用英文写的吗 |
[20:30] | The first few pages are in Latin. | 前几页是拉丁文 |
[20:33] | It doesn’t have to withstand close scrutiny. | 它不需要经得起近距离检查 |
[20:33] | It just needs to get us in the vicinity of the Magpie. | 只要能让”喜鹊”上钩就行 |
[20:36] | “42– Thaddeus is hereby declared the best apostle | “第四十二条 在此宣布犹大为最佳门徒 |
[20:39] | and those who disagree shall be vigorously tickled” | 持异见者应被施以痒痒刑罚” |
[20:50] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[20:51] | I found a solution for my Randy problem. | 兰迪的问题我找到解决办法了 |
[20:53] | What? And that’s upsetting you? | 是吗 那怎么不太高兴的样子 |
[20:55] | He mentioned Eve’s last name last night. | 他昨晚提过伊芙的姓 |
[20:57] | She’s been out of town for more than a year. | 她离开这里都快一年了 |
[20:59] | She’s a heroin addict. | 她又是个瘾君子 |
[21:01] | It’s not difficult to track her movements, | 查到她的行踪并不难 |
[21:03] | nor is it unreasonable to speculate that | 而且也不难推断出 |
[21:04] | she may have broken the law during her sabbatical. | 她休息这段时间里肯定做过违法的事 |
[21:07] | I’ve just heard from my contact in Chicago, | 我从芝加哥的线人那里打听到 |
[21:09] | and it turns out that Eve Hurley | 伊芙·赫尔利在那里 |
[21:10] | has several open warrants there. | 还有几份公开的通缉令 |
[21:13] | All I need do is notify the relevant authorities, | 只要我通知有关部门 |
[21:15] | and voila– Randy’s problem is solved. | 那么瞬间 兰迪的问题就解决了 |
[21:17] | You’re just gonna pull her offstage with a hook? | 你打算不择手段地把她赶走吗 |
[21:19] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不 |
[21:21] | She’s a drug addict, I can’t very well | 她就是个瘾君子 我没法 |
[21:22] | make her my victim as well. | 让她成为我的牺牲品 |
[21:25] | I realized I couldn’t follow through | 在我找到我的线人时 |
[21:26] | the moment I reached out to my contact. | 我就意识到我没办法这么做 |
[21:29] | That is why I’m upset. | 所以我才难受 |
[21:32] | A perfectly good solution has to be chucked on account of… | 不得不舍弃一个完美的解决方案 就因为 |
[21:34] | Compassion? | 同情 |
[21:38] | Your expression– what does it mean? | 你的表情 是什么意思 |
[21:40] | There’s no expression. | 没什么表情啊 |
[21:41] | Yes, there is. You’re leaving something unsaid. | 不 不对 你话中有话 |
[21:52] | I think I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[21:53] | That I’d like to make dinner in peace? | 我就想安静地做顿饭 |
[21:56] | If Randy’s gonna stay sober, | 如果兰迪想要戒毒 |
[21:57] | he needs to learn to deal with stressors. | 他需要学会如何应对压力 |
[21:59] | If outside parties are removing them from his life, | 如果外界力量帮他去掉这些压力 |
[22:01] | then he’s not developing that capacity. | 他就永远无法得到这种能力 |
[22:03] | He needs to cut her off, that’s blatantly obvious. | 他需要自己远离她 这太显而易见了 |
[22:04] | Yet, I’ve indulged his desire | 然而我一直在放纵他 |
[22:06] | to review the minutiae of their relationship. | 重温他们感情的细枝末节 |
[22:08] | You know, I know you hate this word, | 我知道你讨厌这个词 |
[22:10] | but you’ve already been nice. | 但你已经表现出了”友善” |
[22:11] | You heard him out. You gave him good advice. | 你耐心听他说话 给他有益的建议 |
[22:13] | Why not just tell him you won’t talk about it with him anymore? | 为什么不跟他直说你不想再谈论这事呢 |
[22:15] | Because I fear that he will relapse if I’m firm with him. | 因为我怕强硬的态度会让他毒瘾复发 |
[22:18] | And I don’t want that to happen, not to my sponsee. | 我不想这样 至少不是在我担保的人身上 |
[22:21] | I’m being vain. | 让我显得毫无用处 |
[22:23] | It’s obvious that I’m not in control of Randy’s addiction | 很显然我对于兰迪毒瘾的控制 |
[22:25] | any more than I’m in control of my own. | 至多只能和我控制自己一样 |
[22:28] | Interesting discussion. Thank you. | 有趣的对话 多谢 |
[22:31] | I mostly just chopped shallots. | 我只是在切葱罢了 |
[23:05] | Hey, man, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[23:06] | I know this is getting old, | 我知道这事太老套了 |
[23:08] | but she asked me for money last night… | 但她昨晚向我借钱 |
[23:10] | Randall, this has got to stop! | 兰德尔 这事到此为止 |
[23:12] | I know, I know. I’m just trying to figure out… | 我知道 我只是想弄明白 |
[23:13] | No, no, no. | 不 不对 |
[23:14] | There’s nothing to figure out, okay? | 没什么要搞清楚的事 明白吗 |
[23:16] | Your ex-girlfriend is a practicing drug addict. | 你前女友就是个戒不了毒的瘾君子 |
[23:18] | She has absolutely no place in your life. | 她不该存在于你的生活中 |
[23:20] | I’ve tried to give you leeway | 我一直给你留有余地 |
[23:21] | to arrive at this conclusion on your own, | 让你自己想明白这件事 |
[23:22] | but this doesn’t seem to be happening. | 但现在看来你自己是想不清楚的 |
[23:24] | That is my assessment of the situation, okay? | 这就是我对这件事的意见 明白吗 |
[23:26] | So there’s nothing else for us to discuss! | 所以对这件事我们没什么好谈的了 |
[23:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:39] | Just consider what I have, uh, suggested… | 好好想想我给你的建议 |
[23:45] | …and know that it comes from a place of concern | 这是我在考虑到你和你的康复后 |
[23:47] | for you and your recovery. | 认真给出的建议 |
[23:48] | No, I know. | 我明白 |
[23:56] | I’ll be right back, okay? | 我一会儿回来 好吗 |
[23:57] | I’m gonna run to the bathroom. | 我去个厕所 |
[24:07] | Watson. | 华生 |
[24:08] | Hey, what happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[24:09] | You were gone before I woke up. | 我还没醒你就出去了 |
[24:11] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[24:12] | You have to get off the phone? | 你不方便接电话吗 |
[24:14] | If I need to end the conversation, | 如果我要结束对话 |
[24:15] | I will just hang up! | 我会直接挂掉的 |
[24:16] | Right. | 没错 |
[24:18] | Listen, I checked that, uh, dummy e-mail account you set up | 是这样 我查看了一下你拍卖的 |
[24:21] | for your fake 95 Theses thing. | 假95条论纲的联系邮箱 |
[24:23] | Bunch of people have been in touch. | 有很多人联系过我们 |
[24:25] | Most of them seem like regular collectors. | 大多数人看来只是普通收藏者 |
[24:27] | But one of them came in with no name attached. | 但有一个未署名的人 |
[24:30] | The guy says that he facilitates discreet transactions | 说他可以提供便利而隐蔽的交易方案 |
[24:32] | that may not be subject to taxes. | 用来逃避税费 |
[24:35] | Sounds like a black market sale. | 听起来像是黑市交易 |
[24:37] | He also says that he’s the only one who can hook us in | 他还说只有他可以帮我们 |
[24:39] | to a network of truly high-end buyers. | 联系到真正的高端买家 |
[24:42] | Seems like the Magpie guy to me. | 我觉得他很像”喜鹊” |
[24:44] | Respond. Set up a meeting for him to inspect the theses. | 回复他 安排一次见面让他检查论纲 |
[24:48] | Okay. Do you want me to give… | 好 需要我提醒 |
[24:49] | …Captain Gregson a heads-up? | 格雷森警监一声吗 |
[24:53] | Hello? | 还在吗 |
[24:55] | Could I have a cup of tea, please? | 请给我一杯茶 好吗 |
[24:56] | Of course. Sorry. | 当然可以 不好意思 |
[24:58] | I thought you guys weren’t ordering anything. | 我还以为你们不会点东西呢 |
[25:00] | Why would you think that? | 为什么这么想 |
[25:01] | Your friend just left. | 你朋友刚走了 |
[25:07] | So he just left? | 他就直接走了吗 |
[25:10] | Without so much as a “By your leave.” | 都没有知会我一声 |
[25:12] | It’s a bit disconcerting. | 让人有点尴尬 |
[25:14] | It’s certainly the last time I take your advice. | 这绝对是我最后一次听取你的建议了 |
[25:16] | Advice? I was chopping shallots. | 什么建议 我当时在切葱呢 |
[25:20] | Did you call him? | 你打给他了吗 |
[25:21] | He’s not answering. | 他没接 |
[25:22] | Well, maybe he just needs some time. | 可能他只是需要点时间 |
[25:24] | Okay, so what is our plan here? | 好吧 现在我们的计划是什么 |
[25:25] | We’re just gonna go there and ask him | 我们就这样过去 问他 |
[25:27] | if he murdered Doug Newberg? | 是否杀害了道格·纽伯格吗 |
[25:29] | We’re gathering information. | 我们要收集信息 |
[25:32] | Do you think he really goes by “Magpie”? | 你觉得他真的是”喜鹊”吗 |
[25:35] | Well, I suppose we’ll find out. | 我们会弄清楚的 |
[25:55] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[25:58] | Mr. Magpie? | “喜鹊”先生 |
[26:21] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[26:24] | Look like chalk striations. | 看起来像白垩的粉痕 |
[26:27] | They are. | 就是 |
[26:31] | This is the rock that used to contain the nanotyrannus. | 这是用来装矮暴龙化石的石头 |
[26:34] | Someone smashed it to pieces | 有人把它摔碎了 |
[26:36] | and destroyed the fossil. | 然后毁坏了化石 |
[26:46] | He may have called himself Magpie | 他可能自称”喜鹊” |
[26:48] | but his real name was Malcolm Turner. | 但他的真名是马尔科姆·特纳 |
[26:50] | The bullets didn’t finish him off, | 子弹没有致命 |
[26:51] | so the murderer hit him in the back of the head | 所以凶手用某种棍棒 |
[26:54] | with some kind of club, huh? | 从脑后击打他 |
[26:55] | M.E. thinks there’s epithelial cells | 法医发现在特纳的背上 |
[26:58] | on Turner’s back and at the dinosaur remains, | 和恐龙化石上有些表皮细胞 |
[27:00] | so it looks like we got the killer’s DNA. | 所以看来我们能拿到凶手的DNA |
[27:03] | This person murders Malcolm Turner, | 这个人谋杀了马尔科姆·特纳 |
[27:05] | and then takes the time to willfully destroy a fossil | 然后花时间故意损坏了 |
[27:08] | worth millions of dollars. | 价值数百万的化石 |
[27:10] | Why would anyone do that? | 为什么要这么做 |
[27:11] | Maybe it was one of Turner’s competitors. | 也许他是特纳的竞争者 |
[27:13] | But I can’t see why anyone familiar | 但我不明白一个在黑市 |
[27:15] | with the invisible hand of the market | 混得很熟的人为什么 |
[27:17] | would destroy something, obliterate something of such value. | 要破坏甚至损毁这么值钱的东西 |
[27:20] | There’s an interesting motive hidden here somewhere. | 其中一定有一个不为人知的动机 |
[27:24] | We just need to root it out. | 我们得把它挖出来 |
[27:39] | Gay? | 盖伊 |
[27:41] | Why is Gay asleep on our couch? | 为什么盖伊睡在我们的沙发上 |
[27:43] | I worked her hard. | 她工作太累了 |
[27:46] | Don’t be territorial about your geologist, Watson. | 不要排斥你找来的地质学家嘛 |
[27:48] | I was in need of one this evening. | 我今晚需要她 |
[27:50] | I’m guessing that’s why you’re blasting | 我猜这就是你为何在凌晨四点 |
[27:52] | “Marriage of Figaro” at 4:00 in the morning. | 还大声放《费加罗的婚礼》这支曲子 |
[27:55] | You don’t even like opera. | 你都不喜欢歌剧 |
[27:57] | No, of course I don’t. | 对 我当然不喜欢 |
[27:58] | All the tedious histrionics. | 所有冗长做作的东西我都不喜欢 |
[28:00] | I was using it to stay awake. | 我是用它来保持清醒的 |
[28:03] | I believe I have learned why | 我觉得我已经知道为什么 |
[28:05] | the Magpie’s killer destroyed the nanotyrannus. | 杀害”喜鹊”的人要毁坏矮暴龙化石了 |
[28:10] | “Dead Clade Walking.” | “大灭绝的幸存者” |
[28:12] | A “Clade” is a term for a group of animals | “幸存者”指的是从灭种性的灾难中 |
[28:15] | which has survived an extinction-level event. | 存活下来的一个动物的群体 |
[28:18] | It’s widely acknowledged in paleontological circles | 古生物学圈子里普遍认为 |
[28:20] | that the extinction of the dinosaurs was brought about | 恐龙的灭绝是由 |
[28:23] | by a comet striking the surface of the Earth | 6600万年前彗星撞击地球表面 |
[28:25] | approximately 66 million years ago. | 所引发的 |
[28:28] | The foundation of this belief is a layer of rock | 这种观点建立的基础是 |
[28:31] | beneath the surface of the Earth | 地表下面的一个岩石层 |
[28:32] | which has an abundance of rare metals | 富含本该在彗星和小行星中 |
[28:34] | thought to be common in comets and asteroids | 大量存在的稀有金属 |
[28:37] | called the “KT Boundary.” | 被称作”KT边界” |
[28:40] | Yeah, I read about that somewhere. | 是的 我在其他地方读到过 |
[28:42] | They only find dinosaur fossils below the KT Boundary, right? | 只有KT边界下面才能发现恐龙化石 对吧 |
[28:44] | Mm. Apart from a few very rare exceptions, yes. | 是的 只有极少数的例外 |
[28:48] | Stands to reason: if the dinosaurs were rendered extinct | 显而易见 如果恐龙是因为彗星灭绝的 |
[28:50] | by the comet which created the KT Boundary, | 而彗星创造了KT边界 |
[28:52] | you couldn’t very well find their bones above it, | 我们不太可能在其上面发现它们的尸骨 |
[28:53] | right? | 是吧 |
[28:54] | Right. | 是的 |
[28:55] | Right? | 真的是吗 |
[28:56] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[28:57] | A new generation of paleontologists has seized upon | 新一代的古生物学家根据 |
[29:00] | the few fossils found above the KT Boundary to suggest | KT边界中找到的化石推断出 |
[29:02] | that some dinosaurs survived the comet’s impact. | 有些恐龙在彗星撞击后存活了下来 |
[29:05] | Like Martin Luther before them, they have dared | 像马丁·路德一样 |
[29:07] | to challenge the orthodoxy of the institution | 他们敢于向给他们饭碗的 |
[29:09] | which gives them their livelihood. | 权威机构挑战 |
[29:11] | They call their theory “Dead Clade Walking.” | 他们把他们的理论称为”大灭绝的幸存者” |
[29:13] | And it’s enormously controversial in the field. | 这在科学界引起了很大的争议 |
[29:16] | Okay, so maybe dinosaurs lived longer than we thought. | 可能我们低估了恐龙主宰地球的时间 |
[29:18] | Why is that controversial? | 为什么这会存在争议 |
[29:20] | Well, why is anything controversial? | 为什么每件事都存在争议 |
[29:21] | These people need something to argue about, | 因为人们需要争论一些事情 |
[29:23] | and “Dead Clade Walking” has yielded | 而”大灭绝的幸存者”这个理论 |
[29:25] | a bumper crop of conflict. | 引起了很大的争议 |
[29:28] | Well, sounds like a really good episode of Nova, | 听起来是很有趣的故事 |
[29:31] | but I’m not sure what it has to do with our investigation. | 但我还是不知道这和我们的调查有什么关系 |
[29:35] | Rock the nanotyrannus was found in. | 矮暴龙的化石也在其中 |
[29:37] | I decided to take a closer look at its composition. | 我决定再进一步研究这个化合物 |
[29:40] | And Gay has confirmed that it seems to have | 盖伊证实了它含有 |
[29:43] | certain geological features | 特定的地质特征 |
[29:44] | which would suggest it was buried above the KT Boundary. | 表明它被埋在KT边界之上 |
[29:48] | It would be the first complete skeleton found there. | 这是那里发现的第一具完整骨骼 |
[29:52] | So it could have proven the theory? | 所以这可能证明那个理论 |
[29:54] | Though we will never know. | 但我们永远不会知道 |
[29:55] | Whoever destroyed the sample has made sure of that. | 破坏样本的人肯定已经确认了这一点 |
[29:59] | You think someone was willing to kill | 你认为杀人动机是 |
[30:00] | just to keep “Dead Clade Walking” from being declared true? | 为了阻止证明”大灭绝的幸存者”的真实性吗 |
[30:03] | Murders have been committed on the basis of far less. | 凶手实施犯罪正是因此动机 |
[30:06] | Who would do that? | 那个人会是谁 |
[30:07] | I don’t know. Not yet. | 目前还不知道 |
[30:09] | But I’m assembling a list of the city’s most vocal opponents | 但是我把对此理论反对声音最大的 |
[30:13] | to “Dead Clade Walking.” | 人名做了汇编 |
[30:15] | Seemed like a good place to start. | 这是一个很好的入手点 |
[30:18] | You’ve all been asked here today because you represent | 叫你们来是因为你们是对 |
[30:20] | the most strident opposition to “Dead Clade Walking.” | “大灭绝的幸存者”反对最为激烈的人 |
[30:24] | You might be interested to know that we recently found | 我们最近发现了一具很可能 |
[30:27] | a nanotyrannus skeleton that may have been buried | 被埋在KT边界之上的矮暴龙骨架 |
[30:30] | well above the KT Layer. | 你们或许会对此感兴趣 |
[30:32] | Unfortunately, the fossil was destroyed | 不幸的是 化石被破坏了 |
[30:34] | and the person in possession of it was killed. | 其所有者也被谋杀了 |
[30:38] | We believe someone with a vested interest in keeping | 我们相信凶手心生杀机 |
[30:42] | “Dead Clade Walking” from being proven right | 是想阻止”大灭绝的幸存者” |
[30:43] | was behind the murder. | 被证实 |
[30:46] | You think one of us did it? | 你们怀疑是我们其中一人干的 |
[30:47] | Do I look like I’m running around planning murders? | 我长得像精谋细划的凶手吗 |
[30:50] | We’d like each of you to volunteer a cheek swab, | 我们想请你们志愿参加样本采集 |
[30:52] | and we’ll test it against some DNA we found at the crime scene. | 我们将比对现场发现的DNA样本 |
[30:56] | You don’t have to agree, of course, | 当然 你们可以拒绝 |
[30:57] | although you would be assisting | 但你们可以帮助一项 |
[30:59] | an active homicide investigation if you do. | 杀人案件的调查 |
[31:01] | Okay, whatever. This is silly. | 好吧 无所谓 真够可笑 |
[31:08] | Problem? | 有问题吗 |
[31:09] | With giving my DNA to the police? Yes. | 把我的DNA给警方吗 我反对 |
[31:13] | I do have a problem with that. | 我不同意 |
[31:22] | Guy takes his privacy seriously. | 这家伙很注重隐私 |
[31:24] | Yeah. His name is Ivan Kershavin. | 他的名字是伊凡·克沙文 |
[31:28] | And perhaps our investigation just found a bit of focus. | 可能我们有了调查的重点 |
[31:32] | Let’s say this guy really did kill the Magpie. | 假设他真的杀了喜鹊 |
[31:35] | He has to know we’re watching him, right? | 他肯定知道我们监视着他 不是吗 |
[31:38] | I mean, even if we use his social media | 我是说 即使我们使用社交软件 |
[31:40] | to track down where he’ll be today, | 跟踪他今天的行程 |
[31:42] | you really think he’s gonna throw away a tissue | 他怎么可能会丢下一张纸巾 |
[31:44] | so we can get a DNA sample? | 好让我们取到样本 |
[31:46] | Well, he wouldn’t if he was a competent criminal. | 如果他是个经验丰富的杀手他可能不会 |
[31:48] | But the good investigator never rules out | 但是一个好的调查员不会排除 |
[31:49] | the possibility that one’s quarry is a fool. | 调查对象是傻瓜的可能性 |
[31:55] | Are you worried about Randy? | 你在担心兰迪吗 |
[31:56] | No, I’m-I’m just checking to see if he’s called, that’s all. | 没有 我只是看看他有没有打来电话 |
[32:01] | You know, if he has cut me off, it’ll be a relief. | 如果他跟我断绝关系 会是种解脱 |
[32:05] | Sponsorship is a risky investment | 说实话 对于一个人的时间和经历来说 |
[32:06] | of one’s time and energy, quite frankly. | 做担保人是一项风险投资 |
[32:08] | Well, you can back off that Kershavin guy. | 把对克沙文的调查先停了吧 |
[32:11] | We got the preliminary results from the DNA samples we took. | 我们拿到了DNA样本的初步结果 |
[32:15] | There is a match for what we found at the scene. | 有一个和犯罪现场样本匹配 |
[32:17] | It’s Andrew Donnelly. | 这个人是安德鲁·唐纳利 |
[32:20] | The guy in the wheelchair? | 坐轮椅的那个人吗 |
[32:23] | Guy is smart enough to not talk until his lawyer gets here. | 他很聪明 要等到律师来了才开口 |
[32:27] | I know DNA is DNA, | 我知道DNA匹配很有说服力 |
[32:29] | but I’m having a hard time getting my head around that guy | 但是我还是想象不到 |
[32:32] | shooting a career criminal | 这样的一个人射中职业罪犯 |
[32:33] | and then clubbing him to death. | 并把他打死的场景 |
[32:37] | He gave us his DNA. | 他给了我们DNA |
[32:39] | He knew a refusal would make him a suspect. | 他知道如果拒绝会被怀疑 |
[32:42] | Perhaps he’s hoping we were bluffing. | 可能他希望我们只是虚张声势 |
[32:44] | I know the visual’s incongruous, but… | 我知道看起来很难以想象 但是… |
[32:48] | Andrew Donnelly is a superstar of paleontology. | 安德鲁·唐纳利是古生物学界的巨星 |
[32:51] | He’s also the leading opponent of “Dead Clade Walking.” | 他也是反对”大灭绝的幸存者”最强烈的人 |
[32:54] | He’s staked out a very public position, | 他明确地公开表过态 |
[32:56] | so he’s got quite a bit to lose: | 所以他可能会损失不少 |
[32:58] | speaking fees, consulting jobs. | 演讲费 咨询工作 |
[33:00] | The books that he writes | 他写的那些书 |
[33:01] | would no doubt fall out of circulation. | 肯定不会再买了 |
[33:04] | You like him for the Doug Newberg murder, too? | 你觉得他也是道格·纽伯格凶杀案的凶手吗 |
[33:07] | Actually, we just got the results comparing the DNA | 实际上 我们刚刚得到两个犯罪现场的 |
[33:09] | from both crime scenes; they don’t match. | DNA比对结果 并不匹配 |
[33:12] | We’re looking for two different killers. | 这两件凶杀案是两个人干的 |
[33:14] | Maybe the Newberg murder was just | 可能纽伯格的凶杀案只是 |
[33:16] | a garden-variety burglary gone wrong. | 普通的抢劫升级案件 |
[33:18] | Seems unlikely. | 不大可能 |
[33:21] | Well, let’s see. | 我们等着瞧 |
[33:23] | Maybe he’ll confess to the Magpie’s murder. | 或许他会承认喜鹊是他杀的 |
[33:33] | Oh, you can turn around, Counselor. | 不用走 律师 |
[33:35] | We’re ready to begin questioning your client. | 我们要开始审讯你的客户了 |
[33:37] | There isn’t gonna be an interrogation of Mr. Donnelly. | 唐纳利先生不会接受审讯的 |
[33:39] | My client is the victim of a frame-up. | 我的客户被陷害了 |
[33:42] | Malcolm Turner, this man who called himself “The Magpie”– | 马尔科姆·特纳 自称”喜鹊”的那个人 |
[33:45] | he was killed yesterday morning, right? | 是在昨天上午被杀的 对吗 |
[33:47] | Sometime between 10:00 and 12:00? | 在十点到十二点之间 |
[33:49] | Andrew Donnelly was leading a guided tour | 安德鲁·唐纳利从九点到两点半 |
[33:52] | of the Triboro Museum of Natural History from 9:00 a.m. until 2:30. | 都在带人参观泰布罗自然史博物馆 |
[33:57] | It’s something he does every year | 他每年都会为 |
[33:58] | for people who donate big money to his department. | 给他的院系捐巨款的人这样做 |
[34:01] | I’ve got Instagram photos | 我这里有在参观过程中 |
[34:02] | posted during the tour itself, | 分享的照片 |
[34:05] | and more than a dozen millionaires who can vouch for his whereabouts. | 还有一堆可以证明他所处何地的百万富翁 |
[34:09] | I take it you’ll be issuing an apology | 在唐纳利先生被释放时 |
[34:12] | along with Mr. Donnelly’s release. | 你发布一份道歉声明吧 |
[34:18] | Well, it… appears she’s correct. | 看起来…她是对的 |
[34:21] | Mr. Donnelly could not have murdered the Magpie. | 唐纳利先生不可能杀喜鹊 |
[34:24] | Well, how the hell did his DNA get to the crime scene? | 那他的DNA怎么跑到犯罪现场去的 |
[34:48] | Why are you cutting up the Magpie case file? | 你为什么要切碎喜鹊的案件档案 |
[34:50] | I am reducing it to digestible chunks. | 我要把它们割成易消化的小片 |
[34:54] | A 1953 study at the University of Michigan | 密歇根大学1953年的一项研究 |
[34:57] | found that planarian worms | 证明涡虫在消化了 |
[34:58] | could navigate a maze more successfully | 同样在走迷宫的涡虫残骸后 |
[35:00] | after ingesting the remains of other worms who had also run the same course. | 能够更好地在迷宫中导向 |
[35:06] | Perhaps if I ingest the file, it will offer fresh insights. | 或许我消化了这些档案 就能有新观点 |
[35:10] | You’re not really gonna eat that entire stack of paper, right? | 你不会真的吃掉那一堆纸 对吧 |
[35:13] | Andrew Donnelly’s DNA was found | 安德鲁·唐纳利的DNA |
[35:14] | at the scene of the Magpie’s murder, | 在喜鹊凶杀案现场被发现 |
[35:16] | but he did not commit the crime. | 但人却并不是他杀的 |
[35:18] | Ivan Kershavin refused to give us a sample | 伊凡·克沙文拒绝向我们提供 |
[35:20] | of his DNA, but two hours ago, | 他的DNA样本 但是两个小时前 |
[35:22] | a detective pulled a can of soda | 一个警探也从他的垃圾中翻到一个饮料罐 |
[35:23] | from his rubbish and got one for us anyway. | 成功提取到了DNA |
[35:26] | Not a match. | 不相符 |
[35:27] | I’m at a loss. | 我没有头绪了 |
[35:29] | Hence, a new perspective on the problem. | 因此需要一个新的观点 |
[35:33] | Well, the Magpie kept records of all his transactions, right? | 喜鹊的所有交易他都有记录 对吗 |
[35:37] | Gregson pulled it from his studio. | 格雷森从他的工作室弄出来的 |
[35:39] | If we figure out who the customers were, | 如果我们查出买家是谁 |
[35:42] | maybe we can come up with a new list of suspects. | 或许就能列出新的嫌疑人 |
[35:45] | Thank you for your insights. | 谢谢你的观点 |
[35:47] | I would not have thought of that on my own. | 我自己肯定想不到 |
[35:57] | The Magpie identified his customers via pseudonyms. | 喜鹊用假名记录他的客户 |
[36:00] | He sold a tapestry from a castle | 他把爱尔兰某个城堡的挂毯 |
[36:02] | in Ireland to a “Bucky Wanderstick,” | 卖给了一个叫”巴基·万得斯迪克”的人 |
[36:05] | a bracelet supposedly worn by Genghis Khan | 一个曾被成吉思汗戴过的手环 |
[36:07] | went to “Michael McBender,” so on. | 卖给了个叫”迈克尔·麦克本德”的 等等 |
[36:10] | At least the guy has a bad sense of humor. | 至少这家伙没什么幽默感 |
[36:13] | “Snipes Houlihan”– he’s got his own separate column. | “斯奈普·胡利汉” 他被单独列出 |
[36:16] | Four different sales. | 四次不同的交易 |
[36:18] | “D-apostrophe-phalange.” | “D 撇号 指骨” |
[36:19] | “D-apostrophe-humerus.” | “D 撇号 肱部” |
[36:20] | “D-apostrophe-atlas/axis.” | “D 撇号 寰枢椎” |
[36:22] | A toe, an arm, top of the spine… | 一个脚趾 一只上臂 脊骨的顶端… |
[36:25] | The transactions happened over a period of months, so… | 这些交易相差几个月 所以… |
[36:28] | I want to know why they’re linked. | 我想知道它们之间有什么联系 |
[37:12] | I’m guessing there’s a good reason for all of this. | 我猜你这么做一定有很好的理由 |
[37:17] | I’m trying to attract the attention of “Snipes Houlihan.” | 我在试图吸引”斯奈普·胡利汉”的注意 |
[37:20] | You know who he is? | 你知道他是谁吗 |
[37:21] | I was curious as to why the sales were grouped | 我很好奇为什么那些交易 |
[37:23] | under the heading “D-apostrophe-D.” | 都被编辑在”D 撇号 D”那栏里 |
[37:26] | When I reasoned that the Magpie would only be trading | 当我想到喜鹊只交易那些 |
[37:28] | in bones of species which were rare or extinct, | 稀有或者灭绝物种的骸骨时 |
[37:32] | I quickly developed a theory as to what it meant. | 我很快有了一个理论 |
[37:37] | He sold three different Dimetrodon bones to the same buyer. | 他把三块长棘龙的骸骨卖给了同一个人 |
[37:40] | Precisely. | 正是 |
[37:41] | Three different bones from three wildly divergent locations on the body. | 三块分散在身体各处的骸骨 |
[37:45] | Why would one need a toe, an arm, leg, | 为什么会有人需要一个脚趾 一只上臂 |
[37:49] | and a piece of the spinal column? | 一条腿和一块脊骨呢 |
[37:50] | Well, I can read. | 我识字 |
[37:51] | I’m guessing you think that he used it | 我猜你觉得他用那些 |
[37:53] | to fill out this display. | 让展出品更完整 |
[37:54] | A display which claims to be | 一个声称是此物种 |
[37:55] | the only complete skeleton of its kind, | 唯一完整的骨架 |
[37:58] | but which is, in fact, augmented | 然而事实上 |
[38:00] | by bones which were purchased on the black market. | 是由黑市上买来的化石骨头拼装起来的 |
[38:05] | So that man we met, Jerome Thomas– | 我们遇到的那个人 杰罗姆·托马斯 |
[38:07] | he said that he supervised the dig himself. | 他说他亲自监督了挖掘工作 |
[38:10] | He did. | 没错 |
[38:11] | He personally oversaw the cataloging of all the findings. | 以及所有出土物的归档 |
[38:15] | You think he faked finding a complete skeleton | 你是说他谎称发现了一具完整的化石骨骼 |
[38:17] | and then bought the missing pieces on the black market. | 然后到黑市上去买缺失的部分 |
[38:22] | But what does this have to do with the Magpie’s murder? | 但是这和喜鹊的死又有什么关系 |
[38:25] | It’s the link which connects | 这是联接道格·纽伯格和喜鹊 |
[38:27] | the murders of Doug Newberg and the Magpie. | 两起谋杀案的线索所在 |
[38:30] | Firstly, it establishes that Dr. Thomas knew | 第一 这证实了托马斯博士认识他 |
[38:32] | and did business with the man. | 并与他做过交易 |
[38:35] | He would no doubt know | 他肯定知道 |
[38:36] | what he had up for sale at any given moment. | 他随时在卖些什么 |
[38:38] | The textbook I gave you– did you notice who wrote it? | 我给你的教科书 你注意到作者是谁了吗 |
[38:43] | Andrew Donnelly. He’s… | 安德鲁·唐纳利 他 |
[38:46] | He’s the man whose DNA was found | 他的DNA出现在喜鹊 |
[38:48] | at the scene of the Magpie’s murder. | 和杰罗姆·托马斯的 |
[38:50] | And Jerome Thomas. | 凶案现场 |
[38:52] | They collaborated on that book, which is used | 他们合著的那本书 |
[38:55] | as the introductory text | 几乎是所有入门级课程 |
[38:56] | for almost every entry-level course. | 的导读性书籍 |
[39:00] | Now, Andrew Donnelly’s reputation would be ruined | 如果”大灭绝的幸存者”被证明是正确的 |
[39:02] | if “Dead Clade Walking” Were proven correct. | 安德鲁·唐纳利将会名誉扫地 |
[39:04] | So what do you think would happen to sales of his textbook? | 那你觉得其著作的销量会有何影响 |
[39:08] | I’m sure they would plummet. | 肯定一落千丈 |
[39:09] | What do you suppose would happen to the reputation | 那他合作伙伴的声誉 |
[39:10] | of his close associates? | 又会怎样呢 |
[39:12] | They’d be tainted, too. | 肯定也会受损 |
[39:13] | What one earth are you two doing? | 你们俩在干嘛 |
[39:17] | You found out there was a fossil | 你发现了能够证明 |
[39:18] | that could prove “Dead Clade Walking”” | “大灭绝的幸存者”理论的化石 |
[39:20] | and you killed Doug Newberg to get your hands on it. | 并杀了道格·纽伯格来得到它 |
[39:22] | – What? – You couldn’t find it, so you thought it was lost, | -什么 -你没找到 就以为是弄丢了 |
[39:25] | until the Magpie put it up for sale again. | 直到喜鹊重新拿出来出售 |
[39:27] | And then you planted Andrew Donnelly’s DNA | 然后你在第二起谋杀案的现场 |
[39:29] | at the second murder. | 安置了安德鲁·唐纳利的DNA |
[39:31] | Actually, I think that was a mistake. | 事实上 我觉得这是个疏忽 |
[39:33] | I think you used a tool that | 我想你是用了 |
[39:34] | you and Dr. Donnelly probably shared in the field. | 你和唐纳利博士共用的一件发掘工具 |
[39:36] | Maybe you brought it with you to destroy the fossil. | 可能你带着它去摧毁化石 |
[39:40] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[39:41] | but you two need to leave. | 但你们俩得走了 |
[39:45] | Yeah, all right. | 好 没关系 |
[39:46] | If that’s what you want. | 如果你这么坚持 |
[39:48] | We don’t have enough evidence to arrest you, anyway. | 反正我们也没有足够的证据逮捕你 |
[39:50] | But… the police are drawing up | 但是 警方现在正起草 |
[39:53] | a warrant for your DNA as we speak. | 获取你DNA的授权令 |
[39:56] | And you and I | 而你我都知道 |
[39:57] | both know it’s going to match the material | 它会和三年前 |
[39:59] | found at Doug Newberg’s three years ago. | 在道格·纽伯格家发现的DNA吻合 |
[40:01] | They’re also going to be able to search your home | 警方还会去你的家 |
[40:02] | and your lab for the murder weapon. | 和你的实验室搜查凶器 |
[40:04] | So, given all that, | 鉴于此 |
[40:07] | I thought I’d give you the opportunity to confess. | 我觉得应该给你一个坦白的机会 |
[40:15] | The academic community was stunned today | 今日 学术界震惊地得知 |
[40:17] | as Dr. Jerome Thomas, curator of the fossil collection | 泰布罗自然史博物馆的 |
[40:21] | at the Triboro Museum of Natural History, | 化石收藏馆馆长杰罗姆·托马斯博士 |
[40:23] | was charged with two separate murders… | 被指控犯有两起谋杀 |
[40:48] | This was at the front stoop for you. | 门前台阶上的包裹 是给你的 |
[40:51] | This would be the remains of the Nanotyrannus. | 一定是矮暴龙化石的残骸 |
[40:53] | Oh. You mean a pile of dust? | 你是说这一堆石块粉末 |
[40:55] | This creature survived the single greatest | 这个生物捱过了历史上 |
[40:57] | extinction-level event in history. | 最大规模的一次物种大灭绝 |
[41:00] | It deserves a loftier resting place than someone’s dustbin. | 它理当获得一个比垃圾箱更好的归宿 |
[41:03] | Do you feel good? | 感觉不错吧 |
[41:06] | You solved the case. | 你破了这案子 |
[41:09] | Doug Newberg’s parents finally know what happened to their son. | 道格·纽伯格的父母总算知道了他们儿子的死因 |
[41:13] | Yes, I suppose I do. | 没错 我想是的 |
[41:16] | You don’t have to say it. | 你不用说出来 |
[41:18] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[41:20] | The odds are reasonably good | 要不是你 |
[41:21] | that none of this would have happened without you. | 案件就无法如此顺利解决 |
[41:24] | Allow me to return the favor | 请允许我还个人情 |
[41:26] | by releasing the evil humours from your skull. | 帮你释放掉你脑中的恶趣味 |
[41:31] | I’m good. | 不必了 |
[42:07] | I got high with Eve last night. | 昨晚我和伊芙两个人嗑药了 |
[42:12] | I see. | 知道了 |
[42:14] | I woke up this morning | 今早起来之后 |
[42:15] | and I told her that I never wanted to see her again. | 我告诉她再也不想看到她了 |
[42:20] | It’s over. | 我们结束了 |
[42:23] | I don’t know if you’re still my sponsor or not, | 我不知道你还是不是我的担保人 |
[42:25] | but if you’d be willing… | 但如果你愿意的话 |
[42:27] | So you want to go to a meeting? | 想去参加个互助会吗 |
[42:30] | Right now? | 现在 |
[42:34] | Yeah. | 我想 |
[42:37] | All right. | 走吧 |