时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Give me everything you got! Now! | 把所有东西都交出来 快点 |
[00:06] | Are you deaf?! | 你聋了吗 |
[00:11] | Come on! | 动作快点 |
[00:13] | Please, I don’t want any trouble. | 求你了 我不想惹麻烦 |
[00:41] | Please! | 求你了 |
[00:42] | I don’t want any trouble! | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[00:57] | Dr. Watson? | 华生医生 |
[01:00] | Joey! | 乔伊 |
[01:03] | Long time. Been a while, huh? | 好久不见了啊 |
[01:05] | – Yeah. What, three years? – Yeah. | -是啊 都三年了吧 -对 |
[01:08] | Uh, you remembered Dad’s birthday. | 你还记得爸爸的生日 |
[01:09] | Well, a day late, but yeah. | 晚了一天 不过还记得 |
[01:11] | You caught me. | 被你发现了 |
[01:14] | Mm. Nice thing about coming the day after, | 晚来一天的好处就是 |
[01:15] | you’re less likely to run into my mom. | 你遇上我妈妈的几率会小一点 |
[01:21] | It’s nice of you… | 你能来看他 |
[01:23] | to come and see him. | 真好 |
[01:26] | I liked him. | 我很喜欢他 |
[01:28] | He was a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[01:32] | You’re a good doctor. | 你是个好医生 |
[01:47] | Hey, let me buy you a coffee; we can catch up. | 让我请你喝杯咖啡 我们可以聊聊 |
[01:49] | I’m supposed to meet a friend I work with, so… | 我应该去见一位共事的朋友了 |
[01:52] | Come on, just one cup. | 别嘛 就一杯 |
[01:58] | Well, I think we’re wrapped up here. | 我觉得这里的工作算是完成了 |
[02:00] | Why don’t we make one more sweep, | 我们可以再看一遍 |
[02:01] | make sure we got pictures. | 确保照片都拍完了 |
[02:03] | And then police have been stationed at the hospital. | 医院也有警察驻守着 |
[02:05] | In case Benny wakes up, somebody from the team… | 如果本尼醒来的话 警队里会有人… |
[02:07] | Detective Bell. Sorry I’m late. | 贝尔警探 抱歉我迟到了 |
[02:09] | You’re not late– you texted me and said you heard | 你没迟到 你给我发短信说 |
[02:12] | on your scanner there’d been a shooting. | 你在步话机上听到有枪击案发生 |
[02:13] | I texted you back, told you I didn’t need any help. | 我给你回复说 我不需要你的帮忙 |
[02:15] | Actually, you wrote, and I quote: | 其实 你写的是 容我引述 |
[02:18] | “Yes, please, now, | 好的 拜托了 现在就来 |
[02:19] | – triple-smiley face, with tongue protruding” – What? | -三个笑脸 还伸着舌头 -什么 |
[02:22] | Yeah, see, that’s not from me. | 好吧 你看 这不是我发的 |
[02:24] | That’s from someone named Bella, | 那条短信来自一位叫贝拉的人 |
[02:26] | and you got it last December. | 是你去年十二月收到的 |
[02:27] | My name is Bell, | 我的名字是贝尔 |
[02:28] | no “A,” but I can see how you might’ve confused us. | 不是拉 不过我明白你是怎么弄混的 |
[02:30] | It’s not like you’re into details or anything. | 这种细节反正你也总不在乎 |
[02:32] | How embarrassing. | 太尴尬了 |
[02:33] | Anyway, now that I’m here… | 不管怎样 我人都来了 |
[02:38] | Vic’s name is Felix Soto. | 受害人的名字叫菲利克斯·索托 |
[02:40] | He’s a math tutor. | 是名数学家庭教师 |
[02:41] | Lives here alone. | 独自一人住在这里 |
[02:47] | I was under the impression that two men had been shot. | 我印象中有两个人遭到枪击 |
[02:50] | Two were. Second victim, guy named Benny Charles, | 是两个人 第二个受害人叫本尼·查尔斯 |
[02:53] | was shot in the driveway right out there. | 在外面的私家车道上遭到枪击 |
[02:56] | Funny thing is, far as we can tell, | 有趣的是 据我们所知 |
[02:58] | they didn’t know each other. About 90 seconds | 他们并不认识对方 差不多 |
[03:00] | before Mr. Charles got shot last night, | 在昨晚查尔斯先生被枪击前90秒 |
[03:03] | he mugged someone around the corner. | 他在街角处抢了某个人的钱 |
[03:05] | I think he ducked into the driveway to count his loot. | 我认为他拐进私家车道是为了数抢来的钱财 |
[03:09] | Wrong place, wrong time? | 所以只是巧合吗 |
[03:11] | Well… unless you believe in karma. Yeah. | 除非你相信因果报应 |
[03:15] | So I’m assuming, from the absence of his body, | 没见到他的尸体 我猜 |
[03:17] | – that Mr. Charles survived. – Barely. | -查尔斯先生活了下来 -命悬一线 |
[03:20] | First officers on the scene managed to stop the bleeding, | 到现场的第一批警员设法把血止住了 |
[03:23] | but he never regained consciousness. | 但他一直没有恢复意识 |
[03:24] | He’s in surgery now. | 他现在在动手术 |
[03:26] | I’m hearing it doesn’t look good. | 我听说情况不容乐观 |
[03:28] | Hey, where’s your better half this morning? | 你的好搭档怎么不在 |
[03:32] | One mystery at a time, Detective. So… | 一次解决一个谜题 警探 |
[03:37] | not much evidence to suggest it was a robbery gone wrong– | 没有足够的证据表明这是一次劫杀 |
[03:39] | too many valuables have been left behind. | 留下了太多财物 |
[03:41] | A neighbor heard mr. Soto arguing with another man | 一位邻居几天前听到索托先生跟另一名 |
[03:44] | a few nights ago, but never got a good look at the guy. | 男子发生争执 不过没看清那人的长相 |
[03:47] | We’re reaching out to his family, see if they can think | 我们正在找他的家人 看看他们能否 |
[03:49] | of anyone who had beef with him. | 想到谁跟他有过节 |
[03:52] | Interesting space, huh? | 这地方很有趣啊 对吧 |
[03:54] | Minimalist. | 极简抽象派 |
[03:56] | The other rooms aren’t. | 其他房间可不这样 |
[03:57] | There’s art and pictures hung up. | 都挂着有艺术品和照片 |
[03:59] | I wondered for a second | 我曾怀疑过 |
[04:00] | if maybe the shooter took some down, but… | 也许是枪手把东西取下来了 不过 |
[04:03] | aren’t any nail holes. | 墙上连钉眼都没有 |
[04:07] | You always been this observant? | 你一直都这么善于观察吗 |
[04:11] | I’m asking that quite sincerely. | 我是真心实意地在问你 |
[04:13] | I was wondering if exposure to my methods had… | 我在想在我断案方法的耳濡目染下 |
[04:15] | helped you in any way. | 你是否有所长进 |
[04:17] | Actually, before you came along, | 其实在你来之前 |
[04:19] | I’d never closed a case before. | 我还没破过案呢 |
[04:21] | Neither had the rest of the department. | 整个部门都没有 |
[04:22] | Most of us were thinking of packing up, leaving, | 我们中的好多人都想着打包走人 |
[04:25] | letting the city fend for itself. | 让这座城市自己保护自己吧 |
[04:28] | We need to find the black light. | 我们需要找到黑光灯 |
[04:30] | The what? | 什么东西 |
[04:31] | There’s a chemical known as C.A.M. Phosphor | 墙上有一种叫镧铝钙磷光剂的 |
[04:33] | on the walls– smells like spent matchsticks. | 化学物质 闻起来像用过的火柴棍 |
[04:35] | Smell it. Smell it. | 闻闻 闻闻吧 |
[04:38] | It’s the primary ingredient | 这是某种墨水的 |
[04:39] | of an ink which can only be seen | 主要原料 |
[04:42] | when exposed to… | 它只有在紫外线… |
[04:45] | …when it exposed to… | 在紫外线的照射下… |
[04:49] | …ultraviolet light. | 才会显影 |
[04:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:05] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[05:08] | Well, I’m going to take a very literal | 我在这片黑暗中 |
[05:09] | stab in the dark and say… | 大胆猜测一下 这是 |
[05:11] | maths. | 数学 |
[05:13] | Question is… | 问题是 |
[05:16] | does it have anything to do with Mr. Soto’s death? | 索托先生的死是否和它有关 |
[06:00] | Still can’t believe you’re a cop. | 我还不是不敢相信你是个警察 |
[06:01] | I-I’m not a cop. | 我 我不是警察 |
[06:02] | – I’m a… Yeah. – Consulting… A consulting detective. | -我是 -顾问 顾问侦探 |
[06:04] | Still, you, like, go to crime scenes | 但你还是会去犯罪现场 |
[06:06] | – and put away bad guys. – Well, it’s a little more | -把坏人送进监狱 -比那个 |
[06:08] | complicated than that, but yeah. | 要复杂一点点 不过差不多 |
[06:10] | Well, sometimes we do. | 有时候我们就这么做 |
[06:12] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[06:13] | You’re graduating this year, right? | 你今年就要毕业了 对吗 |
[06:16] | Uh… I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:17] | I, um… had a kind of rough time junior year. | 我大三过得比较混乱 |
[06:22] | I was thinking about my dad a lot. | 我经常在想我的爸爸 |
[06:24] | Probably partying a little more than I should’ve. | 或许参加了太多的派对 |
[06:28] | Actually, um, I left… | 事实上 我在春季学期 |
[06:30] | right before my spring semester. | 开始之前就退学了 |
[06:35] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾听到这个消息 |
[06:36] | It is what it is, right? | 反正也木已成舟了 |
[06:38] | Besides, I got some stuff going on. | 还有 我在做一件事情 |
[06:41] | Stuff I’m very excited about. | 一件让我很激动的事情 |
[06:43] | This is my bar. | 这是我的酒吧 |
[06:46] | You bought a bar? | 你买了一家酒吧 |
[06:46] | Well, I’m about to buy a bar, | 我正要买一家酒吧 |
[06:48] | me and a buddy. | 和我一个兄弟 |
[06:49] | And, you know, we’re just | 我们现在正在 |
[06:51] | getting together the funding right now, | 募集资金 |
[06:52] | but we are this close, Doc. | 不过我们就差这么一点了 医生 |
[06:54] | Oh. Joan. You should call me Joan now. | 乔恩 你现在应该叫我乔恩 |
[06:56] | Ah, sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:58] | Old habits. | 旧习难改 |
[07:02] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[07:04] | No. It’s just… | 没啊 我只是 |
[07:06] | I just remember how excited you were | 我还记得你对当工程师 |
[07:08] | about studying to become an engineer, | 是多么兴奋 |
[07:09] | how happy it made your dad. | 还有你爸爸有多高兴 |
[07:12] | Well, the school took away my scholarship | 校方在我退学的时候 |
[07:14] | when I dropped out, so… | 拿走了我的奖学金 所以… |
[07:16] | so without that, can’t exactly go back. | 没了奖学金 确实也没办法回去了 |
[07:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:24] | It’s funny, it’s like I can’t help wondering | 说来有趣 我忍不住在想 |
[07:27] | if we were supposed to run into each other this morning. | 我们今早是不是注定遇见的 |
[07:30] | My partner and me, | 我和我的搭档 |
[07:31] | we have big plans for this place, | 对这个地方有宏伟的计划 |
[07:32] | and I know that anyone that invests with us | 而且我相信任何给我们投资的人 |
[07:34] | is gonna double their money. | 都会大赚 |
[07:36] | Like, at least. | 至少翻两倍 |
[07:40] | Are you asking me for a loan? | 你是想向我借钱吗 |
[07:41] | No, I’m-I’m offering you an opportunity. | 不 我只是提供给你一个合作机会 |
[07:44] | And you were always so good to me. | 因为你一直对我很好 |
[07:47] | You know? You… you held my hand | 当我父亲生病时 |
[07:49] | when Dad got sick. | 你一直支持我 |
[07:52] | Now I just, you know, maybe I can pay you back a little. | 现在我只是觉得 也许我能报答你 |
[07:55] | Hey, I even found this little | 看 我甚至在后面的房间 |
[07:57] | spot in the back room to hang his picture. | 找到一处地方可以挂他的照片 |
[08:01] | You know, just so he can always be there, always. | 这样他就能一直在那里了 |
[08:07] | So, how much do you need? | 你需要多少钱 |
[08:25] | If you’re looking for Sherlock, he’s downstairs. | 如果你想找夏洛克 他在楼下 |
[08:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:33] | I will go there now. | 我现在就去 |
[08:40] | His name is Harlan Emple. | 他的名字叫哈伦·林珀 |
[08:42] | He is the Rachel P. Hanson Professor | 他是哥伦比亚大学应用数学的 |
[08:43] | for Applied Mathematics at Columbia University, | 瑞秋·P·汉森荣誉教授 |
[08:45] | and holder of the Smithfield Endowed Chair | 同时也是亨廷顿研究所的代数几何 |
[08:47] | of Algebraic Geometry at the Huntington Institute. | 方面的史密斯菲尔德客座教授 |
[08:50] | And he is here to help you make sense | 他来这里是帮你弄清数学公式的含义 |
[08:52] | of the equations you found. Okay, I get that. | 这个我明白 |
[08:54] | What I don’t get is why he isn’t wearing a shirt. | 我不明白的是他为什么光着上身 |
[08:57] | Every great thinker has a process, Watson. | 每一位伟大的智者都有自己的习惯 华生 |
[08:58] | In Harlan’s case, he doesn’t like anything | 对哈伦来说 他不喜欢任何东西 |
[09:00] | to come between him and the numbers. | 挡在他和数字之间 |
[09:02] | I know you can feel quite Victorian about such matters, | 我知道你觉得这种事很难理解 |
[09:05] | so I’ve given him a little bell to ring | 所以我已经提醒过他 |
[09:06] | should he feel the need to disrobe entirely. | 看他觉得是否有必要全裸 |
[09:08] | Having said that, I can’t guarantee | 虽然这么说了 我还是不能保证 |
[09:10] | he won’t sit on the furniture. | 他不会坐在家具上 |
[09:11] | How do you know him again? | 你是怎么认识他的来着 |
[09:13] | In 1999, he devised a mathematical model | 1999年 他设计了一种数学模型 |
[09:16] | which he believed could accurately predict | 他认为可以精确预测 |
[09:17] | crime patterns in and around New York City. | 纽约市区及其周边的犯罪模式 |
[09:20] | Ultimately, didn’t work, | 最终 没有成功 |
[09:21] | but I found the premise quite fascinating. | 但我觉得这个设想非常有趣 |
[09:23] | We’ve been corresponding ever since. | 从那以后我们一直保持联系 |
[09:25] | Do you really think this guy was killed over math? | 你真觉得这家伙是因为数学而被杀的吗 |
[09:28] | Mr. Soto obviously went to | 索托先生显然很费力地 |
[09:29] | great lengths to conceal his calculations. | 隐藏他的计算过程 |
[09:31] | Whether they have any real value, | 至于它们是否有实际价值 |
[09:33] | or are just the numerical ramblings of a math-obsessed madman, | 或只是数学狂人随便写的数字 |
[09:36] | is for Harlan to determine. | 就由哈伦来定夺了 |
[09:38] | Eggs? | 要煎蛋吗 |
[09:39] | Uh, no, thanks. | 不 谢了 |
[09:43] | Hey, I was wondering if it was possible | 我在想我能不能 |
[09:46] | to get an advance on my salary. | 预支一下我的薪水 |
[09:48] | Define “advance”. | 预支多少 |
[09:51] | $5,000. | 五千块 |
[09:55] | I ran into someone this morning. | 我今早遇到了一个熟人 |
[09:56] | He’s the son of an old friend of mine. | 他是我一位老友的儿子 |
[09:58] | He’s trying to get this business off the ground. | 他在尝试创业 |
[10:00] | I thought I’d help him out. | 我觉得该帮帮他 |
[10:01] | I just maxed out on my IRA contributions, | 我刚刚缴了一笔个人退休金 |
[10:03] | so I cannot take money back, | 所以没法把钱拿回来 |
[10:05] | otherwise I will get massive penalties. | 否则会有巨额罚款 |
[10:07] | You must really believe in this young man. | 你一定是很信任这个年轻人 |
[10:12] | Well, I’d like to see him take a shot at this. | 我想看他尝试一下 |
[10:15] | Not quite the same thing, though, is it? | 其实不是这么回事 是吗 |
[10:16] | Sherlock! I know what the formula is! | 夏洛克 我知道方程式是什么了 |
[10:19] | And it is a doozy. | 它是个骗局 |
[10:21] | Okay, so the first thing you need to know | 首先你们需要知道的是 |
[10:22] | is that the guy who wrote this was a genius. | 写出这个的家伙是个天才 |
[10:24] | Guys with an “s”. | 是家伙们 |
[10:26] | There were two mathematicians at work here. | 有两位数学家参与这个 |
[10:28] | One was Felix Soto. | 一位是已故的菲利克斯·索托 |
[10:30] | These parts of the equation are a match | 这部分的等式跟 |
[10:31] | for handwriting samples I took from his home. | 我从他家找来的手写样本字体相符 |
[10:33] | These scribbles are from another man yet to be identified. | 这些涂鸦则是出自尚不知道身份的另一个男人 |
[10:37] | How-how do you know it was a man? | 你怎么知道是个男的 |
[10:39] | There is an inconsistency to the gradient here. | 这里的字迹并不一致 |
[10:41] | Some of the letters slant to the right, others to the left. | 有些字母向右倾斜 其他的向左 |
[10:43] | Also, the stem of the “P” here | 还有 这里字母”P”和 |
[10:46] | and the “D” here are looped instead of doubled back. | “D”的起笔是个圈而不是折回的 |
[10:48] | It doesn’t guarantee the writer was male, | 不能保证写字者是男性 |
[10:51] | but it’s a strong indicator. | 起码也八九不离十 |
[10:52] | Fine. Then these guys are geniuses. | 好吧 那这些家伙们是天才 |
[10:55] | The point is, I know what they were working on. | 重点是 我知道他们在干嘛 |
[10:57] | It’s P versus NP! | 这是P对NP问题 |
[10:57] | P对NP问题是计算机科学领域的最大难题 关系到计算机完成一项任务的速度到底有多快 | |
[10:59] | Come on, it’s one of the most famous problems in math history. | 拜托 这是数学史上最著名的难题之一 |
[11:02] | Harlan, if we were mathematicians, | 哈伦 如果我们是数学家的话 |
[11:03] | you would not be here. | 那还让你来干嘛 |
[11:04] | In simplest terms, P versus NP asks if every problem | 最简单的说 P对NP是说是否每个 |
[11:07] | whose solution can be quickly verified by a computer can also | 能在计算机上验证其解决方法的问题 |
[11:10] | be quickly solved by a computer. | 也能借助计算机很快地解决出来 |
[11:12] | Sounds innocent enough, right? Only it’s not. | 听起来很简单 对吗 实际上不是 |
[11:14] | It is filthy. | 它是难解之谜 |
[11:16] | Some experts have even theorized that it can’t be solved. | 一些专家甚至用理论证明它解决不了 |
[11:18] | – Could it be a motive for murder? – That depends. | -它会成为凶手的动机吗 -得看情况 |
[11:21] | You think a million dollars could be a motive for murder? | 你觉得一百万美金能成为凶手的动机吗 |
[11:23] | I’m sorry. You’re saying this is worth a million dollars? | 不好意思 你是说这玩意值一百万 |
[11:26] | No, but it is getting there. | 不 但是很接近了 |
[11:27] | I mean, this is the farthest | 我是说 这是我所见过的 |
[11:29] | I have ever seen anyone take P versus NP. | 解决P对NP中离结果最接近的 |
[11:31] | I mean, if I… if I had to guess, I would say | 如果让我猜的话 我敢说 |
[11:32] | that these guys are months, maybe weeks from solving it. | 他们俩再有几个月 甚至几周就能解出来了 |
[11:35] | But who would pay a million dollars | 但是谁会为了一个数学难题的 |
[11:36] | for the solution to a mathematical problem? | 解法付一百万呢 |
[11:39] | The Clay Mathematics Institute in Rhode Island. | 罗德岛上的克雷数学研究所 |
[11:40] | They’re a non-profit dedicated to promoting math interest. | 他们是一家致力于传播数学的非盈利机构 |
[11:43] | But the thing that they are most famous for | 但他们最有名的是 |
[11:45] | is The Millennium Prizes. | 旗下的千禧技术奖 |
[11:46] | They offer a million dollars to anyone who can solve | 他们向能够解决世界上七大最难问题之一的 |
[11:49] | just one of the seven hardest problems in the world. | 任何人提供一百万的奖金 |
[11:51] | And P versus NP is one of the seven. | P对NP问题就是其中之一 |
[11:54] | We know that the dead man, Soto, was working with a partner. | 我们知道死者 索托 有一位搭档 |
[11:56] | And you said that Soto’s neighbor heard him arguing | 而且你说过索托的邻居几个晚上前 |
[11:59] | with another man a few nights ago. | 听到他和另一个男人在争吵 |
[12:00] | Perhaps the partner thought | 或许他的搭档觉得 |
[12:01] | he could complete the problem himself. | 他可以自己解决问题 |
[12:04] | Take the prize money without having to share it. | 从而独享奖金 |
[12:06] | For what it’s worth, | 值得一提的是 |
[12:07] | your victim would not have been working | 你的受害者不会和普通的数学家 |
[12:08] | with just any mathematician. | 一起工作 |
[12:10] | P versus NP is the kind of problem | P对NP问题是一种要求研究者 |
[12:12] | that people devote their lives to. | 愿意为之献身的难题 |
[12:14] | There is a whole P versus NP community. | 专门有研究P对NP问题的组织 |
[12:16] | A community which you could help us gain access to? | 你能帮我们接触到这个组织吗 |
[12:18] | Well, I sort of travel in different mathematical circles. | 我的主要领域是另外的数学圈子 |
[12:21] | But I do know somebody who’s pretty involved. | 但我认识对这个圈子非常了解的人 |
[12:23] | Tanya Barrett. She’s a professor at Triboro College. | 泰雅·巴雷特 她是泰博鲁学院的教授 |
[12:26] | I heard about what happened | 我今早在新闻上听说了 |
[12:27] | to Felix on the news this morning. | 菲利克斯的不幸遭遇 |
[12:28] | I still can’t believe it. | 我现在还是无法相信 |
[12:30] | Were you two close? | 你们关系很好吗 |
[12:31] | I met him when I wrote my articles, | 我在写论文时采访过他 |
[12:33] | but that was years ago. | 不过那是好几年前的事了 |
[12:36] | It’s our understanding, Professor Barrett, | 据我们所知 巴雷特教授 |
[12:38] | that you are a veritable who’s who guide | 你是鉴定P对NP问题的解决方法 |
[12:40] | to the world of P versus NP. | 研究成果的权威 |
[12:42] | When I wrote my articles, | 我在写论文时 |
[12:43] | I profiled all the mathematicians | 我剖析了所有致力于 |
[12:45] | who had really devoted themselves to the problem. | 研究这个数学难题的数学家 |
[12:47] | That’s how I met Felix. | 由此结识了菲利克斯 |
[12:49] | Do you know if he was close | 那你知道他有没有 |
[12:51] | to any of the other people that you interviewed? | 和你某个别的采访对象关系很近呢 |
[12:52] | I don’t think so. Why? | 我觉得没有 怎么了 |
[12:54] | We have reason to believe that before he died, | 我们确信在他死前 |
[12:56] | he was collaborating with a partner. | 与人合作解决这个难题 |
[12:57] | That doesn’t sound like Felix. | 这可不像是菲利克斯的作风 |
[12:59] | He was very competitive. | 他好胜心很强 |
[13:01] | But I’ll be happy to walk you | 不过我很乐意提供 |
[13:02] | through the names that I do have. | 我所知的名单给你们 |
[13:04] | These are the journals that published me. | 这些是发表我论文的期刊 |
[13:08] | So, um, what made you start wanting | 为什么你会开始想写 |
[13:10] | to write about P versus NP? | 关于P对NP的论文呢 |
[13:12] | Oh, when I was young and very full of myself, | 在我年轻气盛的时候 |
[13:15] | I decided to spend a summer trying to solve it. | 我决定用一个夏天的时间解决这项难题 |
[13:17] | When I looked up, three years had gone by. | 可一晃却过了三年 |
[13:20] | P versus NP may well be unsolvable. | 也许P对NP问题根本无解 |
[13:24] | So… I walked away. | 所以我放弃了 |
[13:28] | Do you know who wrote this proof? | 你知道这段证明公式是谁写的吗 |
[13:29] | Cyril Nauer, a total savant. | 西里尔·纳尔 彻头彻尾的死学究 |
[13:31] | – He lives in Brooklyn. – Look familiar? | -他住在布鲁克林区 -看着眼熟吗 |
[13:34] | That’s the same handwriting as our mystery mathematician. | 和我们要找的神秘数学家的笔迹一致 |
[13:36] | You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of Mr. Nauer, would you? | 你一定有纳尔先生的照片 对吧 |
[13:39] | Cyril Nauer looks like the Unabomber. | 西里尔·纳尔长得好像”隐形炸弹人” |
[13:39] | 在1978年到95年向美国学校和航空部门 邮寄无数炸弹的恐怖分子代号 曾为数学家 | |
[13:41] | Both are mathematicians, | 他俩都是数学家 |
[13:42] | both are loners. | 又都性格孤僻 |
[13:43] | Let’s hope only one of them ever aspired to mass casualties. | 但愿他们不是都喜欢滥杀无辜 |
[13:47] | Detective Bell, I believe we may have a strong suspect | 贝尔警探 我们可能找到了 |
[13:49] | in the murder of Felix Soto. | 菲利克斯·索托谋杀案的重大嫌疑人 |
[13:51] | That’s good. | 那太好了 |
[13:52] | I just found out we got a second victim. | 我刚发现了第二个被害者 |
[13:54] | He was shot on a sidewalk in Hell’s Kitchen | 他昨晚在地狱厨房区的人行道上被枪杀 |
[13:57] | last night, dragged into an alley. | 尸体被拖到一条小巷里 |
[13:59] | Initial ballistics report says | 初步的弹道分析报告显示 |
[14:01] | it was the same gun that killed Felix Soto. | 凶器就是杀死菲利克斯·索托的那把手枪 |
[14:04] | Any connection between the two men? | 两个被害者之间有什么联系 |
[14:06] | Right now, all I have is a name. | 目前我只知道他的名字 |
[14:09] | Cyril Nauer. | 叫西里尔·纳尔 |
[14:11] | So, want to give me the name of your suspect? | 好了 你找到的嫌疑犯叫什么名字 |
[14:28] | Two mathematicians, | 两位数学家 |
[14:30] | both collaborating on the same infamous problem, | 合作研究公认的数学难题 |
[14:34] | both killed within an hour of each other by the same shooter. | 又在一个小时内被同一凶手所杀 |
[14:38] | Obviously, not a coincidence. | 显而易见 这绝非巧合 |
[14:40] | Your friend said that a solution | 你的朋友说P对NP问题的 |
[14:42] | to P versus NP is worth a million dollars, right? | 解决方法值一百万美金 是吗 |
[14:46] | It’s hard to imagine | 那应该不止两个人 |
[14:47] | there’s only two people trying to solve it. | 想要解决这项难题 |
[14:50] | You think they were killed by a competitor. | 你认为他们是被竞争者所杀 |
[14:53] | Would make sense, wouldn’t it? | 这说得通 不是吗 |
[14:55] | I mean, someone realizes how far they’ve come, | 有人发现了他们的研究成果 |
[14:57] | murders them to keep them from solving it first. | 先下手为强杀了他们 |
[15:00] | Question is, | 问题是 |
[15:01] | how did they realize how far they’d come? | 凶手如何发现他们的成果的 |
[15:04] | Both men clearly paranoid about having their work uncovered. | 显然这两人都很注重保密工作 |
[15:07] | They recorded every digit in invisible ink. | 所有数字都用隐形墨水书写 |
[15:10] | Maybe one of them bragged to the wrong person. | 也许是其中一个胡乱吹嘘 惹祸上身 |
[15:14] | Says here that CSU found some dog hairs | 犯罪现场小组的报告说在西里尔·纳尔 |
[15:17] | under the arms of Cyril Nauer’s coat. | 外套的胳膊下发现了一些狗毛 |
[15:19] | Transferred, presumably, when the shooter dragged | 可能是凶手把纳尔先生的尸体 |
[15:21] | Mr. Nauer into the alleyway. | 拖到小巷的时候沾上的 |
[15:25] | Is there a picture? | 有照片吗 |
[15:26] | Yeah. | 有 |
[15:29] | They sent the samples to the lab to try to determine | 他们把样品送到实验室鉴定 |
[15:32] | – the dog’s… – Boston terrier. | -是哪种狗 -波士顿梗犬 |
[15:35] | So… | 所以说… |
[15:37] | perhaps our shooter owns a dog. | 可能 凶手养了条狗 |
[15:43] | Almost something, I suppose. | 也算有点发现嘛 |
[15:47] | You know, we never finished our conversation from yesterday. | 其实 昨晚我们还没说完 |
[15:52] | I asked you for an advance? | 我请你预付工资的事 |
[15:55] | Just out of curiosity, Watson, | 仅仅出于好奇 华生 |
[15:57] | who exactly asked you for $5,000, | 谁问你要这五千块钱 |
[16:01] | and what is their connection | 他和三年前 |
[16:02] | to the man who died under your care three years ago? | 死在你手术台上的病人是什么关系 |
[16:08] | You told me you had a doctor’s appointment yesterday. | 你说昨天你去看医生了 |
[16:11] | That was a lie. | 那是在撒谎 |
[16:13] | You went to visit your former patient’s grave. | 你去祭拜了以前的病人 |
[16:16] | You’ve done so quite regularly since moving in with me. | 你搬来和我住以后 定期去祭拜 |
[16:20] | It’s your sleeves; they tend to give you away. | 是你的袖子出卖了你 |
[16:22] | I’m able to detect the fragrance of carnations, | 我能从上面闻到康乃馨的味道 |
[16:25] | but no carnations ever appear at the Brownstone. | 但褐石屋里从没出现过康乃馨 |
[16:28] | You leave them for him, do you not? | 所以你拿着花去祭拜他了 是吧 |
[16:32] | I don’t mean to pry. | 我无意打探你的隐私 |
[16:33] | It’s just that you went there yesterday, | 只是昨天你祭拜完他 |
[16:35] | and when you returned, | 回家之后 |
[16:36] | you hoped to secure a rather substantial loan | 就提出希望为”朋友的儿子” |
[16:39] | for the “son of a friend” | 预支一大笔钱 |
[16:41] | neither of whom you wished to discuss. | 却对这两人三缄其口 |
[16:45] | I’d want to make sure | 我只想确认 |
[16:45] | that this person is not taking advantage of you. | 你没有被人利用 |
[16:53] | Yeah, I guess we never really… talked about this, did we? | 好像我们从没真正谈过这件事 |
[17:04] | His name was Gerald Castoro. He was my patient. | 他叫杰拉德·卡斯特罗 是我的病人 |
[17:08] | He needed surgery to remove his right adrenal gland. | 他需要手术切除右侧肾上腺 |
[17:11] | He had a tumor inside it. | 他那里长了个肿瘤 |
[17:14] | A pheochromocytoma. | 是一种嗜铬细胞瘤[交感神经肿瘤] |
[17:15] | It’s rare. | 这种病很罕见 |
[17:17] | And the procedure to remove it is pretty straightforward. | 切除手术很简单 |
[17:24] | I nicked his vena cava. | 我错手割破了他的下腔静脉 |
[17:25] | I don’t know how. I just… | 也不知道是怎么了 就… |
[17:32] | He lost his entire volume of blood | 瞬间他全身的血液 |
[17:34] | into his abdomen in seconds. | 都倒灌进了他的腹腔 |
[17:42] | He was a nice man. He was a dock worker. | 他人很好 是个码头工人 |
[17:49] | Few weeks before the surgery, I got to know his family. | 手术前几周 我认识了他的家人 |
[17:52] | His wife, his son. | 他的妻子 儿子 |
[17:59] | Mrs. Castoro did what most people would do in her situation. | 卡斯特罗太太的反应并不出人意料 |
[18:02] | She sued me. | 她起诉了我 |
[18:05] | I went to court. | 我上了法庭 |
[18:08] | I had to listen to her say a lot of terrible things about me. | 不得不承受她对我的控诉谩骂 |
[18:11] | It was a difficult process, as you can well imagine. | 你能想象 这过程很不好受 |
[18:19] | Gerald’s son, Joey… | 杰拉德的儿子 乔伊 |
[18:26] | he was only 17 back then. | 当时只有17岁 |
[18:29] | He wrote me a letter. | 他给我写了一封信 |
[18:33] | He said that he didn’t blame me, that it wasn’t my fault. | 信上说他不怪我 这不是我的错 |
[18:38] | That he forgave me. | 说他原谅了我 |
[18:44] | At the time, it meant a lot. | 在那时 这对我来说意义重大 |
[18:52] | Is this the first time he’s asked you for money? | 这是他第一次问你要钱吗 |
[19:00] | He needed a car to get back and forth from college. | 他之前念大学时要买辆车方便回家 |
[19:03] | His mother needed him around a lot. | 他母亲需要他的陪伴 |
[19:15] | Detective? | 警探 |
[19:16] | Hey. I’m at Cyril Nauer’s apartment. | 我在西里尔·纳尔的公寓里 |
[19:18] | There’s some stuff here I think you should see. | 这里有些东西你该来看看 |
[19:21] | Okay, so, that’s Cyril Nauer’s place right there, second floor. | 那是西里尔·纳尔的公寓 在二楼 |
[19:25] | Figured I’d just poke around, | 我在房间四处查看 |
[19:26] | see if I could find any more black bulbs | 想看能否发现和你在菲利克斯·索托家 |
[19:28] | like the one you found at Felix Soto’s place. | 找到的相同的黑光灯泡 |
[19:30] | There weren’t, but I managed to find this in one of the fixtures. | 结果没有 但我在他家找到了这个 |
[19:34] | Is that a bug? | 那是窃听器吗 |
[19:35] | CSU is going over everything with a fine-toothed comb. | 犯罪现场小组正在进行地毯式搜索 |
[19:38] | But obviously, someone was listening in on Mr. Nauer. | 但很显然 有人在监听纳尔先生 |
[19:41] | Think they might have been watching him, as well. | 我想他们同时也在监视他 |
[19:43] | That’s a municipal building. Those cameras are theirs. | 那是市政大楼 摄像头是他们的 |
[19:45] | Even the one pointing directly at his apartment? | 那个正对着他公寓的也是吗 |
[19:48] | Taxi! | 出租车 |
[19:55] | Where you going? | 你去哪 |
[19:56] | Up. | 上面 |
[20:01] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你要做什么 |
[20:02] | Keep your vehicle perfectly still, | 让你的车乖乖停稳 |
[20:03] | I’ll give you $20 for going absolutely nowhere. | 你哪也不用去我就会给你二十块钱 |
[20:12] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[20:18] | Signal jumper. | 信号跨接线 |
[20:19] | Someone’s been using it to hijack that camera’s video feed, | 有人用这东西拦截了摄制的视频 |
[20:21] | broadcast it to a remote location. | 把视频传送到了另外的地方 |
[20:23] | Presumably the same person who put a listening device | 大概和在纳尔先生家里安窃听装置的 |
[20:26] | inside Mr. Nauer’s apartment. | 是同一个人 |
[20:28] | Good news is, | 好消息是 |
[20:29] | the jumper’s transmissions can be traced | 这个跨接线的信号可以反追踪 |
[20:31] | back to a receiver. You find the receiver… | 到它的接收器 找到接收器 |
[20:32] | Find the person who’s been spying on Nauer. | 就找到了监视纳尔的人 |
[20:38] | Detective Bell? | 贝尔警探 |
[20:41] | I’m Linus Roe. | 我是莱纳斯·洛 |
[20:42] | I was told you wanted to speak with me. | 听说你想跟我谈谈 |
[20:44] | Your web site says that | 你们的网站上说 |
[20:45] | Roe Encryption Technologies offers the highest level | 洛氏加密技术公司能够为网络零售商 |
[20:48] | encryption services for online retailers, | 银行以及投资公司提供 |
[20:50] | banks and investment firms. | 最高水平的加密服务 |
[20:52] | No mention there of illegal surveillance. | 但可没有说提供非法监视 |
[20:54] | I can’t imagine why there would be. | 我们为什么要提到这个 |
[20:56] | Because your company’s been filming | 因为你们公司偷拍了 |
[20:57] | Cyril Nauer in his home. | 西里尔·纳尔在他家里的一举一动 |
[20:59] | I’m sorry. Am I supposed to know that name? | 抱歉 我该认识这个人吗 |
[21:02] | We found a signal jumper on a camera | 我们在纳尔先生家外的一个摄像头上 |
[21:04] | just outside Mr. Nauer’s apartment. | 发现了一个信号跨接线 |
[21:06] | Now, the department’s Technical Assistance Response Unit says | 警局的技术协助反应小组说 |
[21:08] | it was broadcasting to your company’s server. | 信号是被传送到了你们公司的服务器上 |
[21:11] | I don’t know anything about that. | 我对这事毫不知情 |
[21:13] | Well, someone here knows something about it, Mr. Roe. | 你们公司肯定有人知道这事 洛先生 |
[21:15] | And that person may even be responsible | 而且那个人可能就是杀害 |
[21:17] | for Mr. Nauer’s death. | 纳尔先生的凶手 |
[21:18] | Cyril Nauer is dead? | 西里尔·纳尔死了 |
[21:19] | I thought you said you didn’t know him. | 你刚才不是说你不认识他吗 |
[21:24] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你们是对的 |
[21:26] | We were monitoring Cyril Nauer. | 我们的确在监视西里尔·纳尔 |
[21:28] | It was my idea. | 是我的主意 |
[21:29] | But I am telling you that no one at this company | 但是我敢说我们公司里的人 |
[21:31] | would hurt him, not in a million years. | 绝不会伤害他 永远都不会 |
[21:33] | All right, well, back up. | 好了 言归正传 |
[21:33] | Start with why you were spying on him. | 先说说你们为什么要监视他 |
[21:36] | Because of his work on something called P versus NP. | 是因为他的P对NP问题的研究 |
[21:38] | – It’s… – Filthy maths. | -是 -神秘的数学问题 |
[21:40] | Virtually unsolvable, worth a million dollars. | 几乎无法解决 悬赏一百万美元 |
[21:41] | Yes, we’re familiar with it. | 我们很了解这个 |
[21:43] | Is that why you were surveilling him? | 这就是你们监视他的原因吗 |
[21:44] | Because your company needed money? | 因为你们公司需要钱 |
[21:46] | You’re thinking of the Millennium Prize, right? | 你是在想千禧年奖是吧 |
[21:48] | No. | 不是的 |
[21:49] | A solve for P versus NP is only worth… | P对NP的解决方法对他们来说 |
[21:52] | a million to them. | 只值一百万 |
[21:53] | To us, it’s worth tens, maybe hundreds more. | 但对于我们 那可值上千万甚至上亿 |
[21:56] | I mean, mathematicians are drawn to P versus NP | 数学家们深深地被这个问题所吸引 |
[21:59] | because it’s math’s great white whale, | 因为这是数学领域难以攀越的高峰 |
[22:01] | but the truth is… | 但事实上 |
[22:02] | a solution would have massive real world implications. | 它的解决方法会对现实世界产生极大影响 |
[22:08] | Such as? | 比如 |
[22:09] | A correct proof would essentially render | 此问题正确的证明基本上 |
[22:11] | all modern encryption obsolete. | 能使所有现代的加密方法都失效 |
[22:14] | With the right software, | 配合相应的软件 |
[22:15] | you could hack into any system in the world. | 你就能侵入世界上所有的系统 |
[22:17] | They won’t be able to stop you. | 谁也无法阻止你 |
[22:18] | It’s one equation. How is that possible? | 这就是一个等式 怎么可能这么厉害 |
[22:21] | Encryption consists of setting up problems | 所谓加密就是设定一些很难的问题 |
[22:23] | so complicated that a computer can’t solve them. | 从而让计算机无法解出 |
[22:26] | Solving P versus NP lets you | 而解决了P对NP问题 你就可以 |
[22:28] | run through the possible answer fast enough to crack the code. | 很快地筛选完所有结果从而破解密码 |
[22:31] | I mean, you could come and go as you please | 你可以任意进出世界上 |
[22:32] | through any server on the planet. | 任何一台服务器 |
[22:33] | It’s a skeleton key. | 它是一把万能钥匙 |
[22:35] | It’s the key to building the skeleton key. | 它是创造万能钥匙的钥匙 |
[22:37] | I mean, once you had the solution, | 当你有了解决方法 |
[22:39] | you’d still need to write the code to apply it. | 你还需要编写相应的代码来运用它 |
[22:41] | The digital world would be your oyster. | 虚拟世界就尽在你掌握之中了 |
[22:43] | You’re saying a solution would make your company | 你是说这个解决方法能够让你的公司 |
[22:45] | about as useful as a Pet Rock? | 平白致富 |
[22:48] | Certainly sounds like the kind of thing | 而处于你这个位置来说 |
[22:49] | a man in your position would kill to prevent. | 肯定会不惜一切代价不让它公之于众 |
[22:52] | You don’t understand. | 你没理解 |
[22:53] | I wanted Cyril to solve P versus NP. | 我希望西里尔能够解决P对NP问题 |
[22:56] | I approached him months ago because I believed | 我几个月前找过他 因为我相信 |
[22:58] | if anyone could solve it, it would be him. | 如果有人能解决这个问题 肯定就是他 |
[23:00] | I offered to fund his work on the condition | 我提供资金供他研究 |
[23:02] | that if he did solve it, | 条件是如果他解决了这个问题 |
[23:03] | we would keep the proof under wraps. | 就不公开证明文件 |
[23:05] | At least until he helped me to design… | 至少在他帮我设计出相应的 |
[23:08] | cryptography to defeat it. | 应对办法之前不公开 |
[23:09] | So Roe Encryption would be proof-proof. | 这样洛氏加密技术公司有矛又有盾 |
[23:12] | The only company in the world capable of defending | 成为世界上唯一一家能够对付 |
[23:15] | against P versus NP technology. | P对NP技术的公司 |
[23:17] | Oh, Cyril refused. | 西里尔拒绝了 |
[23:18] | Money didn’t mean anything to him. | 金钱对他来说不值一提 |
[23:20] | He wanted the acclaim. | 他想要的是名誉 |
[23:21] | But when we found out that he was working with | 但是当我们发现他在和一个 |
[23:23] | a man named Felix Soto, we… | 叫菲利克斯·索托的人合作研究时 |
[23:28] | infiltrated his home, as well. | 我们潜入了他的家里 |
[23:30] | We took some photos of the work they’d done. | 对他的工作成果拍了一些照片 |
[23:34] | It was a total waste of time. | 但这完全是浪费时间 |
[23:36] | They weren’t anywhere near a solution. | 他们对解决方法毫无头绪 |
[23:38] | That’s not our understanding. | 据我们所知可不是这样 |
[23:40] | We took the pictures to an expert. | 我们把照片给了一个专家看 |
[23:42] | She said they were nowhere near figuring it out. | 她说他们离解决问题还差得很远 |
[23:44] | Can you tell us her name? | 能告诉我们她的名字吗 |
[23:46] | Uh, Tanya Barrett. | 唐雅·巴雷特 |
[23:47] | She wrote a bunch of articles | 她在几年前写了很多 |
[23:48] | on P versus NP a few years ago. | 关于P对NP问题的论文 |
[23:50] | You talk to her, she’ll confirm everything I just told you. | 你们去找她吧 她能证实我所说的一切 |
[23:53] | I’m sorry I didn’t tell you everything I knew yesterday. | 很抱歉我昨天没有向你们全盘托出 |
[23:56] | I just didn’t think my work with Linus had anything to do | 我只是觉得我和莱纳斯的合作 |
[23:59] | with Felix Soto’s death. | 同菲利克斯·索托的死没有联系 |
[24:00] | Did you know when you reviewed the pictures of their work | 你在看他们工作成果的照片时 |
[24:02] | that they had been obtained illegally? | 知道是通过非法手段取得的吗 |
[24:04] | I had a feeling, but I didn’t press it. | 我有这种感觉 但我没问 |
[24:07] | The university had cut two of my classes this year. | 这个学年学校削减了我两个班的课程 |
[24:09] | I needed the money. | 我需要钱 |
[24:10] | It’s my understanding that you told Mr. Roe that the calculations were no good. | 你跟洛先生说他们的研究不顺利 |
[24:15] | That was a lie, correct? | 这是在说谎 对吧 |
[24:17] | From the second I saw it, | 我一看到那些照片 |
[24:20] | I knew that the work was Felix and Cyril’s. | 就知道这是菲利克斯和西里尔的成果 |
[24:22] | They had taken P versus NP | 他们对P对NP问题的研究 |
[24:24] | farther than I’d ever seen anyone. | 领先于所有人 |
[24:26] | And still, they were only a third of the way through. | 但是 他们只完成了三分之一的研究 |
[24:29] | They had years of work ahead of them. | 还有许多年才能完成 |
[24:31] | I thought if I told Linus that the work was bogus, | 我想如果我告诉莱纳斯他们的研究没有用 |
[24:34] | that he’d back off. | 他就会放弃 |
[24:36] | I knew it was wrong. | 我知道这样做不对 |
[24:37] | But so was what Linus was doing. | 但莱纳斯的做法也不对 |
[24:40] | I guess I convinced myself that one bad thing | 我对自己说这样做 |
[24:42] | could cancel out another. | 就负负得正了 |
[24:43] | You’re a dog owner, correct? | 你养了只狗 对吗 |
[24:45] | Boston terrier? | 波士顿梗犬 |
[24:47] | How’d you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[24:47] | You registered him with the city | 2010年你获取宠物许可证时 |
[24:49] | when you procured a pet license in 2010. | 向政府注册过 |
[24:51] | We found some dog hairs | 我们在西里尔·纳尔尸体上 |
[24:52] | on Cyril Nauer’s body that we think | 发现了一些狗毛 |
[24:54] | were transferred from the killer. | 我们认为是从凶手身上来的 |
[24:55] | DNA test showed it came from a Boston terrier. | DNA检测表明是波士顿梗犬的毛 |
[24:59] | Guess what else you registered with the city. | 猜猜你还向政府注册了什么 |
[25:02] | .9 millimeter handgun in 2009. | 2009年注册了一把九毫米口径手枪 |
[25:05] | It’s precisely the same kind of weapon | 恰好是两天前的晚上射中 |
[25:06] | used to perforate Misters Soto and Nauer two nights ago. | 索托先生和纳尔先生的凶器 |
[25:10] | This gun was stolen from my apartment last month. | 那把枪上个月从我的公寓被偷了 |
[25:12] | There was a burglary. I filed… | 是一起入室盗窃 我提交了 |
[25:14] | You filed a police report. Yes, we know. | 你提交了一份警方报告 我们知道 |
[25:16] | Only, the gun wasn’t stolen, was it? | 只是 那把枪没被偷 对吧 |
[25:18] | You wanted to be able to say it was | 你想在有人把你和那两起谋杀 |
[25:20] | in the event someone linked you to the two murders. | 联系起来时说那把枪丢了 |
[25:22] | Maybe you thought you could build | 也许你认为你可以 |
[25:23] | on what Soto and Nauer had done. | 在索托和纳尔的基础上继续研究 |
[25:25] | Carry their ball over the goal line. | 借助他们赢得最后的胜利 |
[25:27] | In great success, you claim the Millennium Prize | 你会大获成功 获得千禧技术奖 |
[25:30] | and one million dollars. | 和一百万美金 |
[25:32] | Maybe you were hoping to sell the solution | 也许你想要把解法卖给 |
[25:34] | to Linus Roe yourself someday, make even more money. | 莱纳斯·洛 挣更多的钱 |
[25:37] | This is insane. | 这太疯狂了 |
[25:40] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没杀任何人 |
[25:42] | Then you shouldn’t have any problem accounting | 那你应该可以轻松地说出 |
[25:43] | for your whereabouts between | 你两天前的晚上 |
[25:44] | 9:00 and 10:00 P.M. two nights ago. | 九点到十点之间在哪 |
[25:47] | I was at dinner with a friend in Midtown. | 我和一个朋友在市中心吃晚饭 |
[25:48] | I got to the restaurant around 8:30. | 我大概八点半到了餐厅 |
[25:50] | I didn’t leave until after 10:30. | 直到十点半我才离开 |
[25:55] | My friend’s name is Wayne Kaneshiro. | 我朋友的名字叫韦恩·金城 |
[25:58] | I suggest you contact him. | 我想你们可以跟他联系 |
[26:00] | So, still trying to track Wayne Kaneshiro down, | 还在试图寻找韦恩·金城 |
[26:02] | but in the meantime, I reached out to that restaurant | 但与此同时 我去了巴雷特女士 |
[26:05] | Ms. Barrett said she went to. | 声称她去的那个餐厅 |
[26:07] | They said they’d e-mail me the security footage | 他们说会把那天晚上的安保录像 |
[26:09] | from two nights ago. | 用电邮发给我 |
[26:10] | There we go. | 就是这个 |
[26:15] | I see two underage drinkers, | 我看到两个喝酒的未成年人 |
[26:16] | an affair-in-progress and a bartender | 一个搞外遇的 还有一个 |
[26:17] | who’s been stealing from the till. | 从钱箱里偷钱的酒保 |
[26:19] | Not a single college professor. | 一个大学教授都没有 |
[26:23] | Hold up. | 停下 |
[26:24] | Hold up. | 停下 |
[26:28] | 8:37. | 8点37分 |
[26:28] | That’s about 20 minutes before Felix Soto was shot. | 那是菲利克斯·索托被枪杀前二十分钟 |
[26:32] | Skip to the end. | 跳到结尾 |
[26:33] | See when she leaves. | 看她是什么时候走的 |
[26:45] | She was telling the truth. | 她说的是实话 |
[26:47] | She’s not our shooter. | 她不是我们要找的凶手 |
[27:04] | So, you won’t go for a jog along the river | 你不愿意去河边慢跑 |
[27:06] | but you will do sit-ups facing a wall at 2:00 a.M. | 却在凌晨两点对着墙作仰卧起坐 |
[27:10] | Detective Bell texted to say that he had located | 贝尔警探发短信来说他找到了 |
[27:12] | Tanya Barrett’s dining companion, | 跟唐雅·巴雷特一起吃晚饭的人 |
[27:14] | Wayne Kaneshiro. | 韦恩·金城 |
[27:16] | As if the video evidence weren’t enough, | 正如录像证据显示的 |
[27:17] | he has confirmed that he was with her | 他确认在案发当晚的 |
[27:19] | between 8:30 and 10:30 the night of the murders. | 8点半到10点半他跟她在一起 |
[27:22] | We remain devoid of a suspect. | 我们还是没有嫌疑人 |
[27:24] | Calisthenics stimulates the heart, | 柔软体操可以刺激心脏 |
[27:26] | which increases blood flow to the frontal lobe, | 这可以促进血液流向额叶 |
[27:28] | which stimulates deductive thinking. | 能够促进推理思考 |
[27:30] | Also, the river smells like rancid cod. | 还有 那条河闻起来像腐烂的鳕鱼 |
[27:33] | What is up with the nerd brigade? | 那些书呆子是怎么回事 |
[27:35] | These are the other contenders to the P versus NP throne. | 那些是欲解开P对NP问题的其他竞争者 |
[27:40] | We may be wrong about Tanya, | 也许唐雅的确不是凶手 |
[27:42] | but perhaps we were right about the killer’s motive. | 但我们对凶手动机的推测可能还是对的 |
[27:46] | Well, how would they have known, uh, | 那他们怎么知道 |
[27:47] | how much progress Soto and Nauer made? I mean… | 索托和纳尔进展如何 我是说 |
[27:51] | you don’t think there were more people spying on them, do you? | 你不会觉得还有别人在监视他们吧 |
[27:55] | Watson, conundrum. Conundrum, Watson. | 华生 难题 难题 华生 |
[27:58] | Oh. | 对了 |
[28:00] | On another matter, and against my better judgment, | 另一件事 尽管有违我的判断 |
[28:02] | I’ve decided to advance you the money that you requested. | 我还是决定给你预支你要的那些钱 |
[28:05] | Oh. Thanks. | 谢了 |
[28:07] | Uh, why-why “against your better judgment”? | 为什么有违你的判断 |
[28:10] | You don’t think it the least bit coincidental | 你不觉得你和卡斯特罗先生 |
[28:12] | that both you and young Mr. Castoro decided to visit | 在他父亲生日的第二天在墓地相遇 |
[28:15] | the cemetery the day after his father’s birthday? | 太巧合了吗 |
[28:19] | Yes. Of course I do. | 我当然觉得了 |
[28:21] | But you still want to give him the money. | 但你仍然决定给他钱 |
[28:25] | – It’s complicated. You don’t know him. – I also know– | -这很复杂 你不了解他 -我还知道 |
[28:27] | as does he– that you blame yourself for the man’s death. | 他也知道 你为他父亲的死自责 |
[28:30] | Because it was my fault. | 因为那是我的错 |
[28:31] | It was an accident. | 那是个意外 |
[28:33] | And as loathe as I am to admit it, accidents happen. | 尽管我不愿意承认 但意外时有发生 |
[28:37] | Joey’s goodwill | 对乔伊表示善意 |
[28:38] | obviously means a great deal to you. | 显然对你来说很重要 |
[28:40] | But the fact that he has on more than one occasion | 但他不止一次提到钱的事 |
[28:42] | attached a dollar figure reveals his character. | 揭示了他的本性 |
[28:44] | Or at least it does to me. | 至少对我来说是这样 |
[28:47] | I’m an expert on poisons, Watson. | 我是毒药专家 华生 |
[28:49] | I know virtually everything there is to know about them. | 我几乎知道关于毒药的一切 |
[28:52] | But I’ve come to learn over the last few years | 但这几年我学到的事是 |
[28:54] | that there is nothing on this planet quite so toxic as guilt. | 世上毒性最大的就是内疚 |
[28:59] | Are you gonna advance me the money or not? | 你到底给不给我预支钱 |
[29:02] | It’s in that box. | 钱在盒子里 |
[29:15] | Hey. There’s over $20,000 in here. | 那里有超过两万美元 |
[29:17] | I only asked for $5,000. | 我只要了五千 |
[29:18] | It’s every scrap of cash I currently have at my disposal. | 那是我手上的所有现金 |
[29:21] | Consider the difference a kind of… buyout. | 把它当作一次”买断”吧 |
[29:24] | It’s a no-strings-attached transaction which will represent | 这次交易以后你和乔伊 |
[29:26] | the end of all business between you and Joey. | 从此再无瓜葛 |
[29:29] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[29:30] | It’s quite simple, really. | 其实很简单 |
[29:31] | I’m providing you with the means | 我在给你提供一个 |
[29:32] | to buy the young man out of your life. | 让那个年轻人不再出现的方法 |
[29:34] | He gets the money he needs, you get | 他得到他需要的钱 你得到 |
[29:36] | the peace of mind knowing that he’ll never approach you again. | 知道他不会再找你的内心的平静 |
[29:38] | I told you. I don’t mind that he approached me. | 我说过了 我不介意他来找我 |
[29:40] | I do. You’ve made your mistakes, Watson. So have I. | 我介意 你犯过错误 我也是 |
[29:44] | And if there’s anything that’s become apparent during our time together, | 在共事的这段时间我认清了一件事 |
[29:47] | it’s that the great majority of those mistakes | 那些错误的绝大部分 |
[29:48] | belong firmly in the past. Hmm? | 都只属于过去 对吧 |
[29:50] | Take the money. Use it. | 把钱拿去 用掉它 |
[29:52] | Consider it my gift to you. | 当作我给你的礼物 |
[30:04] | Have you considered that Tanya Barrett | 你有没有考虑过唐雅·巴雷特 |
[30:05] | might be working with a partner? | 也许有一个同伙 |
[30:07] | Somebody who committed the crimes for her | 当她在市中心制造不在场证明时 |
[30:08] | while she alibied herself in Midtown? | 替她去犯罪 |
[30:11] | Considered and discarded. | 考虑过但又否定了 |
[30:13] | Why go to the trouble of allying yourself with a partner | 为什么要费心跟一个同伙结盟 |
[30:14] | and then arming them with a weapon | 而且还让他用一把 |
[30:16] | that can be traced back to you? | 能追踪到你身上的武器 |
[30:18] | Hmm, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[30:19] | That would only make it easier to connect her to the crimes. | 那只会让她更容易跟罪案联系起来 |
[30:23] | Unless, of course, that’s the intention. | 当然 除非那就是目的 |
[30:26] | What if Ms. Barrett is our | 如果有人想让 |
[30:27] | lead suspect because someone wants her to be? | 巴雷特女士成为我们的首要嫌疑人呢 |
[30:29] | Are you saying someone’s trying to frame her? | 你是说有人想陷害她吗 |
[30:34] | Professor Barrett, might I have a word? | 巴雷特教授 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[30:36] | I’m late for a class, Mr. Holmes. | 我上课要迟到了 福尔摩斯先生 |
[30:38] | And I don’t feel like being accused of any more murders. | 而且我也不想再接受更多谋杀指控了 |
[30:41] | All of my accusations were based on multiple pieces of evidence | 我所有的指控都建立在 |
[30:43] | pointing firmly in your direction. | 多份明确指向你的证据上 |
[30:45] | I’ve started to think that might not be a coincidence. | 我在想这可能不是个巧合 |
[30:48] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[30:50] | Did you happen to mention to anyone else | 你有没有不小心跟别人说过 |
[30:51] | that you had seen Cyril and Felix’s work, hmm? | 你见过西里尔和菲利克斯的成果 |
[30:54] | Anyone who might have felt threatened by their progress? | 任何会因他们的进展感到威胁的人 |
[30:57] | No, of course not. | 没有 当然没有 |
[30:58] | Do you have any enemies? | 你有什么敌人吗 |
[30:59] | Jilted lover, perhaps? | 或许是被你抛弃的爱人 |
[31:01] | Or a student unhappy with a very bad grade? | 或许是为你给分太低而不高兴的学生 |
[31:04] | Are you saying you think I’ve been framed? | 你是说你觉得我被陷害了吗 |
[31:05] | I’m saying it might explain | 我是说这或许能解释 |
[31:07] | why you’re such an alluring suspect. | 为什么你的嫌疑这么大 |
[31:13] | No. This is crazy. | 不 这不可能 |
[31:16] | You’re thinking of someone. | 你想到了某人 |
[31:18] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[31:23] | I got out of a long-term relationship a few months ago. | 我几个月前刚刚结束了一段很长时间的恋情 |
[31:26] | My ex, Jason, was very upset. | 我的前男友 杰森 非常生气 |
[31:28] | He sent me a couple of e-mails. | 他给我发了不少邮件 |
[31:30] | Threatening ones? | 威胁邮件 |
[31:30] | I didn’t take it personally. | 我没当真 |
[31:32] | He’s always had a temper. | 他一直脾气不好 |
[31:34] | I just thought he was letting off steam. | 我以为他是在发泄 |
[31:36] | These e-mails. Do you think I might be able to see them? | 我可以看看那些邮件吗 |
[31:38] | Give me your e-mail address and a couple of hours, | 把你的邮箱地址给我 等过几个小时 |
[31:39] | and I’ll forward you the e-mails when my class lets out. | 我下课后就把那些邮件转发给你 |
[31:45] | Good morning! | 早上好 |
[31:47] | I’m sorry. I don’t know either of them. | 抱歉 他们俩我都不认识 |
[31:49] | Their names were Felix Soto and Cyril Nauer. | 他们的名字是菲利克斯·索托和西里尔·纳尔 |
[31:52] | Ring any bells? | 想起来了吗 |
[31:55] | But you were romantically involved with Tanya Barrett. | 但你曾和唐雅·巴雷特交往过 |
[31:58] | Yes, until a few months ago. | 是的 几个月前刚分手 |
[32:00] | Who ended the relationship? | 谁提的分手 |
[32:02] | Tanya. What’s all this about anyway? | 唐雅 你们到底想问什么 |
[32:04] | It’s our understanding it was a pretty… nasty split. | 我们听说你们俩闹得非常不愉快 |
[32:08] | There were some… | 是有些… |
[32:10] | unpleasant moments, | 不大愉快的时候 |
[32:11] | like most breakups. Why? | 就跟所有人分手一样 怎么了 |
[32:13] | Tanya was nice enough to share with us | 唐雅非常好心地给我们 |
[32:15] | some of the e-mails that you sent. | 看了一些你发的邮件 |
[32:19] | On November the 11th, 2012, you wrote, | 2012年11月11日 你写道 |
[32:24] | “You’ll be sorry you let me go. | 你会后悔放弃我的 |
[32:26] | You’ve made a serious mistake”” | 你犯了一个严重的错误 |
[32:27] | Uh, December 3, 2012: | 2012年12月3日 |
[32:30] | “You deserve to be hurt the way that you hurt me.” | 你应该尝尝你对我造成的伤害是什么滋味 |
[32:33] | Is Tanya trying to get a restraining order or something? | 唐雅是想要申请限制令还是别的什么吗 |
[32:35] | Because I’m telling you right now… | 因为我跟你们说… |
[32:36] | These two men were shot and killed | 这两个人两天前 |
[32:37] | with a .9 millimeter handgun two days ago. | 被一把0.9毫米口径的枪杀害了 |
[32:40] | We think that whoever murdered them | 我们觉得杀人凶手 |
[32:42] | may be trying to frame Tanya for the crimes. | 也许想要陷害唐雅 |
[32:45] | What are you talking about? | 你们什么意思 |
[32:46] | You think I shot these guys? | 你们以为他们是我杀的 |
[32:48] | Just because Tanya dumped me? | 就因为唐雅甩了我 |
[32:49] | Jason, we know you knew them. | 杰森 我们清楚你认识他们俩 |
[32:51] | Tanya told us you met them back | 唐雅告诉我们 |
[32:52] | when she was writing her articles for P versus NP. | 她在写P对NP问题的文章时你见过他们 |
[32:54] | I’ve never seen these guys before in my life. | 我从没见过这两个人 |
[32:56] | Your e-mails tell a different story. | 你的邮件显示的可不一样 |
[32:58] | The threats you made against Tanya were enough for us | 你写给唐雅的威胁邮件 |
[33:00] | to get a warrant to search your account. | 足够我们申请搜查令查阅你的邮件了 |
[33:02] | In another e-mail you wrote in 2010, | 在你2010年写的另一封邮件里 |
[33:05] | you complained about | 你抱怨被逼着去 |
[33:07] | getting dragged to interviews she was doing for her articles, | 她因文章接受的采访 |
[33:09] | you mention Mr. Soto and Mr. Nauer by name, | 你提到了索托先生和纳尔先生的名字 |
[33:12] | and you accuse her of caring more | 然后你还抱怨她对P对NP问题 |
[33:14] | about P versus NP than she did your relationship. | 比对你俩感情还关心 |
[33:17] | I didn’t write this. | 这不是我写的 |
[33:18] | Nor did you place an online order | 你今天也没有在网上订购 |
[33:19] | for .9 millimeter ammunition earlier today. | 0.9毫米口径的手枪是吧 |
[33:22] | Here’s the confirmation, | 这是证明 |
[33:23] | in case you want to re-familiarize yourself. | 以防你不记得了 |
[33:26] | Makes me think maybe | 我不禁想你是不是 |
[33:28] | you had a couple more mathematicians in your crosshairs. | 还想杀害别的数学家 |
[33:35] | He wants a lawyer. | 他要求请一个律师 |
[33:36] | Oh, one probably isn’t gonna be enough. | 一个可能不大够 |
[33:38] | I just got a call from Stuyvesant Memorial. | 我刚刚接到史岱文森纪念医院的电话 |
[33:40] | That mugger that got shot outside of Felix Soto’s place? | 那个在菲利克斯·索托门口被枪击的抢劫犯 |
[33:43] | The one who didn’t stand a chance in hell? | 完全没可能活下来的那个人 |
[33:45] | He’s awake. | 他醒了 |
[33:46] | Get his statement before he takes another turn. | 在他再次不行前给他录份口供 |
[33:48] | He identifies Jason Harrison as his shooter, | 如果他指认杰森·哈里森为凶手 |
[33:51] | we got him. | 那他就跑不掉了 |
[33:54] | Look, man, I’m just saying, | 伙计 我就是说说 |
[33:56] | why don’t you talk to the D.A. | 你们为什么不去找地区检察官谈谈 |
[33:57] | Yeah, tell him to go easy on me. | 告诉他放我一马 |
[33:59] | Or maybe you can describe the person who shoot you | 或许你应该描述一下拿枪打你的那人 |
[34:01] | and take comfort in the knowledge they won’t be back to finish the job. | 然后为他不会再回来杀你而宽心 |
[34:08] | She about five-six, mid-30s, | 要我猜的话 她大约一米六七左右 |
[34:11] | if I had to guess. | 三十几岁 |
[34:12] | You said “she.” | 你是说”她” |
[34:13] | Yeah, she. | 是的 她 |
[34:15] | Long brown hair, | 棕色长发 |
[34:17] | glasses. | 戴眼镜 |
[34:21] | Yeah, that’s her. | 对 就是她 |
[34:22] | That’s the bitch shot me. | 就是这个贱人开枪打的我 |
[34:24] | Right after she shot that other dude in the house. | 就在她开枪打死屋里那个人之后 |
[34:27] | Are you positive? | 你确定吗 |
[34:28] | She was standing two feet from me. | 她离我就半米远 |
[34:31] | All right? That’s her. | 好吧 就是她 |
[34:32] | No doubt. | 错不了 |
[34:41] | Benny Charles insists | 本尼·查尔斯坚持说 |
[34:43] | he was shot by Tanya Barrett. | 是唐雅·巴雷特向他开枪的 |
[34:45] | She, of course, has an alibi. | 而她 很显然 有不在场证明 |
[34:47] | She was dining with Wayne Kaneshiro at the time | 那时候她正在和韦恩·金城吃饭 |
[34:49] | and could not have shot Charles, Soto or Nauer. | 不可能去杀查尔斯 索托或者纳尔 |
[34:53] | And yet… | 但是… |
[34:55] | further analysis of the hairs found on Nauer’s body | 对纳尔身上发现的毛发的进一步分析 |
[34:58] | have confirmed that they don’t come from | 证实那不是 |
[35:00] | just any Boston terrier, | 随便的哪只波士顿梗犬 |
[35:02] | but the one owned by Ms. Barrett. | 而正是巴雷特女士所养的那只 |
[35:04] | She also once owned the same type of handgun | 她也曾经拥有一把 |
[35:07] | used to commit the murders. | 和作案枪支一样的手枪 |
[35:08] | Jason Harrison, meanwhile, | 而杰森·哈里森 |
[35:09] | he has means and motive to frame Tanya. | 他有陷害唐雅的动机和方法 |
[35:12] | Several e-mails seem to implicate him. | 很多邮件也都牵扯到他 |
[35:16] | But Benny Charles insists | 但是本尼·查尔斯却坚持说 |
[35:18] | he was shot by Tanya Barrett. | 是唐雅·巴雷特向他开枪的 |
[35:20] | Who has an alibi. | 而她有不在场证明 |
[35:23] | You know we’re going in circles here, right? | 你知道我们在这儿原地打转 是吧 |
[35:25] | We’re in a roundabout. | 我们是交通环岛里 |
[35:26] | We just need to find the proper exit. | 只需要找到正确的出口 |
[35:34] | You’re not gonna take my advice, are you? | 你不打算采纳我的建议是吧 |
[35:35] | You’re not gonna pay Joey to go away. | 不打算用钱打发乔伊 |
[35:38] | I think there are better ways to spend $22,000. | 我觉得这两万两千美元还有更好的用处 |
[35:41] | You could buy 8,800 beers, for example. | 比如说你可以买八千八百杯啤酒 |
[35:44] | Mm, tempting. | 真诱人 |
[35:46] | But no. | 不过算了 |
[35:48] | So we’re gonna continue | 所以你要继续 |
[35:49] | to let him utilize you as his own personal ATM. | 让他利用你当私人提款机 |
[35:51] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没这么说 |
[35:58] | You said 8,800 beers, right? | 你说八千八百杯啤酒 是吧 |
[36:02] | That’s only $2.50 a beer. | 也就是说一杯啤酒才2.5美元 |
[36:04] | That’s what the fat man paid. | 那个胖子就付了这么多钱 |
[36:06] | Put down ten dollars, | 扔下十美元 |
[36:07] | left with four beers. | 拿走了四杯啤酒 |
[36:09] | That’s pretty cheap, isn’t it? | 这还真是很便宜啊 不是吗 |
[36:10] | Cheap beer, presumably. | 可能就是廉价啤酒吧 |
[36:12] | Yeah, but this is New York, | 可我们这是在纽约 |
[36:13] | and that isn’t exactly a dive bar. | 而且这也不是那种廉价酒吧 |
[36:16] | The only time you see drinks that cheap | 酒水这么便宜只可能 |
[36:18] | is during happy hour. | 是在欢乐时光 |
[36:20] | But the time is exactly… | 可显示的时间却是… |
[36:21] | Time stamp says 9:46. | 时间戳显示是9点46分 |
[36:26] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[36:30] | Digital time stamp. | 数码时间戳 |
[36:34] | You forgot to carry the one. | 你忘记进位了 |
[36:37] | Only joking. | 说笑罢了 |
[36:38] | I’m sure your maths is impeccable. | 我相信你的数学能力无懈可击 |
[36:40] | Your plan to get away with two murders, however… | 不过你想摆脱两宗谋杀的计划就… |
[36:43] | Are you out of your minds? | 你在说什么疯话呢 |
[36:45] | The other day, you told us you had dinner | 前几天你告诉我们你跟一个朋友 |
[36:46] | with a friend in Midtown. | 在市中心共进晚餐 |
[36:48] | You said you were there between 8:30 | 你说用餐时间是从8点半 |
[36:50] | and 10:30, only you weren’t. | 到10点半 可并非如此 |
[36:51] | You were there between 5:30 and 7:30. | 其实是从5点半到7点半 |
[36:54] | Oh, that’s ridiculous. | 真是太荒谬了 |
[36:56] | You said you got the footage | 你们不是从餐厅 |
[36:57] | from the security cameras in the restaurant. | 拿到了监控录像吗 |
[36:58] | And it did confirm your alibi. | 那确实证实了你的不在场证明 |
[37:01] | According to the date-time stamp, | 根据录像上的时间戳 |
[37:02] | you and your friend, Mr. Kaneshiro, | 你跟你朋友 金城先生 |
[37:04] | arrive at 8:37 and leave at 10:44. | 8点37分到达 10点44分离开 |
[37:07] | Then I don’t understand. Why are you harassing me? | 那我就不懂了 你们干嘛还来烦我 |
[37:09] | When we met with Linus Roe the other day, he explained to us | 之前我们见莱纳斯·洛时 他说过 |
[37:13] | that aside from its applications | P对NP的解法除了 |
[37:14] | in the world of theoretical maths, | 在理论数学上的应用 |
[37:17] | the solution to P versus NP | 还会有更多 |
[37:18] | would have very real consequences, | 在计算机科学方面 |
[37:20] | very practical consequences, for computer science. | 非常实用的应用成果 |
[37:23] | It would be child’s play, for example, | 比如 你可以易如反掌地 |
[37:26] | to hack the hard drive | 黑进一家 |
[37:27] | which stores and records security footage | 市中心餐厅存储和记录 |
[37:29] | in a Midtown restaurant | 监控录像的硬盘 |
[37:30] | and add three hours to the date-time stamp. | 并在日期时间戳上加三个小时 |
[37:32] | A few days ago, we thought that | 几天前 我们以为 |
[37:34] | you killed Felix Soto and Cyril Nauer | 你因为想自己破解P对NP问题 |
[37:35] | in the hopes of solving P versus NP yourself someday. | 而杀害了菲利克斯·索托和西里尔·纳尔 |
[37:39] | Now we know you killed them because you’d already solved it. | 现在我们知道你杀他们是因为你已经破解了 |
[37:41] | You teamed up with a computer programmer, | 你跟一个电脑程序员合作 |
[37:43] | who could write the code | 让他写代码 |
[37:44] | required to steal several hundred million dollars | 帮你从不同的金融机构 |
[37:47] | from various financial institutions. | 偷取上亿美金 |
[37:48] | Problem was, he needed time | 问题在于 他需要时间 |
[37:51] | to write the appropriate code for each one. | 为不同金融机构写不同的代码 |
[37:53] | Time that you feared | 而当你得知 |
[37:54] | you might not have when you learned that | 纳尔跟索托距离他们自己的 |
[37:55] | Nauer and Soto were just a hop, skip and a jump | 解决方案只有一步之遥时 |
[37:58] | away from their own solution to P versus NP. | 你就担心时间不够了 |
[38:01] | You killed them, lest they take their work public | 你杀了他们 唯恐他们公布研究成果 |
[38:04] | and send shockwaves through the digital security industry. | 会给数字安保行业带来革命性的改变 |
[38:07] | I don’t know where you’re getting this. | 我不知道你是从哪听说的 |
[38:09] | Wayne Kaneshiro | 是韦恩·金城 |
[38:10] | is where we’re getting this. | 告诉我们的 |
[38:11] | Your dinner date from the other night. | 就是你那天晚上的晚餐约会对象 |
[38:14] | And the computer programmer | 他就是跟你合作的 |
[38:15] | you’ve been working with. | 那个程序员 |
[38:17] | Mr. Kaneshiro had written code | 金城先生给你写了代码 |
[38:18] | which allowed you to hack your ex’s e-mail… | 让你得以进入你前男友的邮箱 |
[38:22] | plant incriminating letters. | 栽赃暗示他有罪的邮件 |
[38:23] | He’d given Detective Bell a statement saying | 他告诉贝尔警探 |
[38:26] | that the two of you were in the restaurant | 你们俩在餐厅的时间是 |
[38:27] | between the hours of 8:30 and 10:30. | 8点半到10点半之间 |
[38:31] | Once we were able to demonstrate that was a lie, | 当我们证明他是在说谎时 |
[38:33] | he told us everything. | 他就全招了 |
[38:41] | – Hey, sorry I’m late. – That’s okay. | -不好意思我来晚了 -没关系 |
[38:44] | So, you said on the phone you had news. | 你电话里说你有消息告诉我 |
[38:47] | I’ve decided to make an investment. | 我决定要投资了 |
[38:49] | This is huge. | 太棒了 |
[38:50] | Um, seriously, I told my partner… | 说真的 我就跟我的搭档说… |
[38:51] | I’m not investing in the bar, Joey. | 我不是要投资酒吧 乔伊 |
[38:54] | I’m investing in you. | 我是要给你投资 |
[38:57] | You know, before your father’s surgery, he and I | 你知道在你父亲动手术以前 他跟我 |
[38:59] | spent a lot of time together. | 一起度过了很多时光 |
[39:01] | But what you probably don’t know is how much we talked about you. | 但你可能不知道我们聊了很多你的事 |
[39:04] | He was so proud that you were gonna become an engineer, | 他很骄傲你要成为一个工程师 |
[39:06] | and then when you earned that scholarship, he was… | 当你拿到那份奖学金时 他… |
[39:12] | Anyway, listen, I want to offer you a new scholarship. | 反正 我想提供一份新的奖学金给你 |
[39:16] | A check for $22,000– | 两万二千美金的支票 |
[39:17] | enough to finish your undergraduate degree. | 足够你念完本科了 |
[39:20] | Um, that is a… | 这真是个… |
[39:22] | a very generous offer. | 非常慷慨的提议 |
[39:27] | But school just isn’t for me right now. Maybe after… | 但我现在不想念书 也许等我… |
[39:30] | That is the only help that I feel comfortable offering. | 我只愿意给你提供这样的帮助 |
[39:35] | So you… you clearly have the cash… | 所以你明明是有钱的 |
[39:38] | but you’ll only let me have it if I do what you think is right. | 但只有我按你的想法去做才能给我 |
[39:43] | – I want to do what’s right by your dad. – My dad. | -是你爸希望你这么做 -我爸 |
[39:46] | The one guy who isn’t here right now to help me | 他现在没法在这帮我 |
[39:48] | because of you. | 全是因为你 |
[39:53] | I’m sorry. Just… | 真抱歉 我… |
[39:56] | You don’t deserve that. | 我不该这么说你 |
[40:03] | I will support you in whatever you do. | 不管你做什么我都会支持你 |
[40:06] | If you open up a bar, it’ll be my new watering hole. | 要是你开个酒吧 我会经常去光顾 |
[40:10] | If you need to talk, I am just a phone call away. | 要是你想找人聊聊 可以随时打电话给我 |
[40:15] | But I am only going to pay for your education. | 但我只会为你的学业付钱 |
[40:20] | So you tell me, | 现在你告诉我 |
[40:22] | what do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[40:41] | Hey. What are you doing? | 嗨 你在干嘛呢 |
[40:44] | I am taking one last look at P versus NP. | 我在看P对NP问题最后一眼 |
[40:49] | What do you mean, “last look”? | 为什么说是最后一眼 |
[40:52] | The NSA has asked the NYPD to surrender… | 国家安全局要求纽约警局上交 |
[40:55] | everything and anything pertaining to the problem, | 所有跟此问题相关的一切 |
[40:58] | including Tanya Barrett. | 包括唐雅·巴雷特 |
[41:00] | They want her in federal custody? | 他们要把她移至联邦监禁 |
[41:03] | They claim it’s in the interest of protecting the country | 他们声称是要保护国家利益 |
[41:07] | against her breakthrough. | 不被她的成果破坏 |
[41:11] | She alleges she never kept any hard copies, | 她说她从未留有任何纸质记录 |
[41:14] | and she says she will only explain her work | 而且要对她从轻发落她才愿意 |
[41:16] | in exchange for a deal. | 解释她的研究 |
[41:19] | District attorney, however, has little interest. | 不过地方检察官不太有兴趣 |
[41:22] | So it seems, in spite of everything… | 所以看来这些证据 |
[41:26] | the proof may not usher modern encryption | 最终还是不会将现代加密技术 |
[41:29] | into obsolescence after all. | 推向另一个高峰了 |
[41:33] | How was coffee? | 咖啡喝得怎样 |
[41:35] | Joey said that he would think about my offer, | 乔伊说他会考虑我的提议 |
[41:37] | but I am not holding my breath. | 但我没抱很大希望 |
[41:39] | I thought your plan was quite clever. | 我觉得你的计划挺聪明的 |
[41:42] | You demonstrated your goodwill without allowing him | 你展现了自己的善良 也防止他 |
[41:44] | to take further advantage. | 再占你便宜 |
[41:47] | You know that if he had taken me up on that offer, | 你知道如果他答应接受那笔钱 |
[41:49] | I was going to pay you back, right? | 我是打算还钱给你的 对吧 |
[41:52] | You know I have about as much interest in money | 你也知道我对钱跟对赫梅尔陶俑一样 |
[41:53] | as I do Hummel figurines. | 没多大兴趣 |
[41:57] | Either way, thank you. | 不管怎样 都谢谢你 |
[42:03] | You know, I-I’d quite like to go with you next time. | 下次我很愿意跟你一起去 |
[42:11] | To the cemetery. | 去墓地 |
[42:15] | Obviously, | 很显然 |
[42:16] | the mistake that you made, it, uh… | 你犯的那个错误 |
[42:19] | changed the course of your life. | 改变了你的人生 |
[42:24] | The man seems to have left quite an impression, as well. | 那个人似乎也对你影响很大 |
[42:32] | I’d just like to pay my respects. | 我就是想表示一下尊敬 |
[42:39] | I’d like that. | 好啊 |