时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | We commend to Almighty God | 我们将沃伦·彭德里的灵魂 |
[00:03] | our brother Warren Pendry. | 交托给无所不能的主 |
[00:06] | Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. | 生于尘土 归于尘土 |
[00:11] | The Lord bless him and keep him, | 愿主赐福于他 保全他 |
[00:14] | the Lord lift up his countenance upon him, and give him… | 愿主面上的荣光普照他 赐予他… |
[00:18] | If the Lord had any sense at all, | 要是主还有良知的话 |
[00:20] | he would kick Warren Pendry right up his ass | 他应该把沃伦·彭德里 |
[00:22] | and send him to a very warm place indeed. | 一脚踹到水深火热的地狱去 |
[00:25] | This is a private ceremony. | 这是场私人葬礼 |
[00:27] | Leave now. | 请你马上离开 |
[00:28] | There’s an injunction against you. | 我们已经申请了禁令 |
[00:30] | You can’t be here. | 你不能来这 |
[00:30] | Not until I’ve paid my respects, Lawrence. | 劳伦斯 等我凭吊完了再说 |
[00:32] | So you prefer to be arrested? | 所以你想被逮捕吗 |
[00:34] | No, no, I’d prefer, | 不 不 我想 |
[00:35] | if you don’t mind, | 如果你们不介意的话 |
[00:38] | to finish my business! | 先把我的事办完 |
[00:40] | No, no, no, no, ladies and gentlemen, please. | 别 别 别 女士们先生们 |
[00:42] | Don’t go! Don’t run away! | 别走 别急着逃跑 |
[00:44] | I’m an officer of the law! | 我可是警察 |
[00:46] | Or at least I was an officer of the law, | 好吧 至少我曾经是警察 |
[00:49] | until this man’s dearly departed father | 直到这个男人过世的父亲 |
[00:51] | set an army of solicitors upon me, | 请了一堆律师来对付我 |
[00:53] | and they did a dance on my reputation, did they not? | 肆意践踏我的声誉 没错吧 |
[00:56] | You ruined your own career. | 是你自毁了前程 |
[00:57] | This man, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 这个男人 |
[00:59] | this man standing before you, | 这个站在你们眼前的男人 |
[01:00] | he murdered his own wife Mary, | 他谋杀了自己的妻子玛丽 |
[01:04] | and this sorry sack of bones | 正因为我想证明他的罪行 |
[01:06] | spent God knows how much money | 躺在棺材里这副老骨头 |
[01:07] | slandering me for trying to bloody prove it! | 花了不知多少钱来诽谤我 |
[01:12] | My case against you, Lawrence, | 劳伦斯 我对你的调查 |
[01:14] | might be in tatters, | 也许会不了了之 |
[01:15] | but that doesn’t mean that he gets to go in the ground | 但不代表他得以安心入土 |
[01:19] | without somebody standing up | 不会有人站出来 |
[01:20] | and saying what he truly, truly was. | 揭露他的真面目 |
[01:27] | Hello, Warren. | 你好啊 沃伦 |
[01:30] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[01:33] | Lestrade. | 雷斯垂德 |
[01:35] | You thought you took the you-know-what out of me, didn’t you? | 你以为从我这夺走了那东西 是吗 |
[01:39] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[02:01] | You’re supposed to be at a meeting. | 你不是该去互助会吗 |
[02:03] | You receive my text? | 你收到我的短信啦 |
[02:05] | “In pursuit of pigeons. | “为了追踪鸽子 |
[02:07] | Need you Washington Square Park ASAP.” | 请你速来华盛顿广场公园” |
[02:10] | What does that mean, exactly? | 这到底是什么意思 |
[02:12] | As I sat in that church basement, | 我坐在那间教堂地下室的时候 |
[02:14] | the droning of my fellow addicts | 其他瘾君子唠唠叨叨的发言 |
[02:16] | had a powerful hypnotic effect. | 对我有着强烈的催眠作用 |
[02:18] | I had a breakthrough. | 突然让我灵光一现 |
[02:19] | The problem at hand: | 手头的这个案子 |
[02:20] | three U.S. attorneys have been murdered in the last year, | 三名美国律师在去年相继被谋杀 |
[02:22] | all of them involved in the prosecution of a syndicate of pirates. | 他们都参与过一起控告盗版组织的案件 |
[02:25] | Yes, I know. I’m working on the case, too. | 我知道 我也在查这个案子 |
[02:27] | Well, precision in all things, Watson. | 不能放过任何细节 华生 |
[02:29] | When one is constructing a geometric proof, | 就好比一个人在做几何证明题时 |
[02:30] | one must occasionally review the givens. | 必须不时地回顾一下已知条件 |
[02:33] | We believe a man called Jeromir Tomsa | 我们确信一个叫杰罗姆亚·汤沙的男人 |
[02:36] | has been hired by the Syndicate | 受那个组织的雇佣 |
[02:37] | to carry out these murders. | 实施了谋杀 |
[02:38] | But we have no evidence | 但我们没有证据证明 |
[02:40] | linking him to the crimes or the Syndicate. | 他和谋杀案或是那个组织的联系 |
[02:43] | We have no idea how they are communicating. | 我们不知道他们是怎么联系的 |
[02:45] | Had no idea, I should say. | 应该说 之前不知道 |
[02:48] | What, you figured it out? | 怎么 你想到了 |
[02:49] | They use carrier pigeons. | 他们用了信鸽 |
[02:52] | Carrier pigeons. | 信鸽 |
[02:53] | I staked out Tomsa’s apartment, | 我监视了汤沙的公寓 |
[02:55] | Lo and behold, he had a visit from a bird | 竟然发现 一只腿上绑着密信的 |
[02:57] | with a message strapped round its foot. | 鸽子飞进了他家 |
[02:59] | He read the message, he scrawled a reply, | 他读过密信之后 匆匆写下回复 |
[03:00] | and he set the beast free. | 然后放飞了那只鸽子 |
[03:02] | I tracked it here. | 我一路追踪它到这 |
[03:04] | You can follow a pigeon? | 你还能跟踪鸽子 |
[03:05] | You can. | 当然能 |
[03:07] | Now it’s just a question of waiting to see | 现在只需要守株待兔 |
[03:08] | who comes along to read the message. | 看谁来取这封密信了 |
[03:10] | We’ll have our connection. | 到时就能发现联络人了 |
[04:00] | You’ve been tending to your self-defense. | 你的防身术没白练 |
[04:02] | Well done. | 干得好 |
[04:11] | Department’s got six guys grinding this case, | 警署派了六个人钻研这个案子 |
[04:13] | and you broke it open by following a bird. | 但你却凭跟踪一只鸟就找到了突破口 |
[04:16] | Mm. Lost track of it now, though. | 是啊 不过现在跟丢了 |
[04:18] | It’s a shame to see all that training go to waste. | 让训练有素的鸽子白白浪费就太可惜了 |
[04:20] | What are you gonna do with a carrier pigeon? | 你要拿信鸽干什么 |
[04:21] | You know what? I don’t want to know. Happy hunting. | 算了 我没兴趣 祝你们捕鸟愉快 |
[04:24] | Ms. Watson, can I take a statement? | 华生小姐 能跟我录一下口供吗 |
[04:25] | 英国 未知号码 | |
[04:28] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[04:31] | Y-Yes, I’m fine, thank you. | 是的 我很好 多谢问候 |
[04:35] | What? | 什么 |
[04:40] | Oh, yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[04:41] | Straightaway. | 即刻启程 |
[04:48] | Do you have a current passport? | 你的护照还在有效期吗 |
[04:50] | Uh, yes. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[04:51] | Before I came to New York, | 我来纽约之前 |
[04:52] | I worked with an Inspector Lestrade at Scotland Yard. | 曾和苏格兰场的雷斯垂德督查合作 |
[04:55] | Just been informed he’s got himself in a spot of trouble. | 有人刚通知我说他有麻烦了 |
[04:58] | Needs my help. | 需要我帮忙 |
[04:59] | To give it to him, | 为了帮他 |
[05:00] | you and I will need to go to London. | 咱俩得去一趟伦敦 |
[05:31] | My relationship with Lestrade started as a marriage of convenience. | 我和雷斯垂德的关系一开始只是互相利用 |
[05:35] | When it came to those at Scotland Yard | 苏格兰场中那群 |
[05:36] | who agreed to work with me, | 同意与我合作的人里 |
[05:38] | he was the best of a bad bunch. | 他勉强算最好的了 |
[05:40] | He gave me access to sensitive cases, I gave him answers. | 他给我敏感案件的资料 我帮他破案 |
[05:43] | You never mentioned him before. | 怎么你以前从没提过 |
[05:45] | We were never really that close. | 我们关系没那么亲密 |
[05:46] | Besides the fact that as a detective, | 虽然作为一个警探来说 |
[05:48] | he was utterly adequate. | 他完全够格 |
[05:50] | I could, at times, be quite cutting | 有时候可能是我 |
[05:51] | in regards to his limitations. | 对他的要求苛刻了些 |
[05:53] | I was a different person back then; I was less warm. | 那时的我和现在不同 没那么友善 |
[05:56] | Hmm. Less? | 现在算友善吗 |
[05:57] | Because I prefer to work in anonymity, | 因为我喜欢匿名工作 |
[05:59] | the glory of my casework was accrued to him. | 我破案的功劳都归到了他身上 |
[06:02] | Over the years, he became | 日积月累 他已经 |
[06:03] | accustomed to the spotlight. | 习惯了受人瞩目 |
[06:05] | Inevitably, he began to… crave it. | 不可避免的 他开始渴求名声 |
[06:08] | You might say I turned him into an addict. | 你也许会说是我让他上瘾了 |
[06:10] | Unfortunately for him, | 对他来说不幸的是 |
[06:11] | by that time, I was myself | 那个时候 我自己 |
[06:13] | wrestling with my own far less metaphorical | 也在跟我的毒瘾 |
[06:16] | addictions. | 作斗争 |
[06:18] | So… | 所以 |
[06:19] | he was exposed. | 他不再无所不能 |
[06:21] | You feel guilty. | 你觉得很内疚 |
[06:22] | I’m well aware of the corrupting power of the spotlight. | 我非常了解聚光灯的腐化能力 |
[06:24] | I avoid it at all costs, | 我不惜一切代价来避免它 |
[06:25] | and yet I-I offered Lestrade up to it | 可我把雷斯垂德推了出去 |
[06:27] | like a sacrificial lamb. | 就像替罪羊一样 |
[06:29] | Was he the one who called you? | 是他给你打电话的吗 |
[06:31] | Nope. DCI Hopkins. | 不 是刑侦督察霍普金斯 |
[06:33] | Another ex-colleague. | 另一个前同事 |
[06:35] | He said, uh, | 他说 |
[06:36] | Lestrade had got himself into a spot of trouble, | 雷斯垂德惹了麻烦 |
[06:38] | issued a few threats. | 成了危险分子 |
[06:39] | The police have had trouble locating him, | 警方没法找到他 |
[06:40] | so our mutual friend | 所以我们共同的朋友 |
[06:42] | thought I might be able to lend a hand. | 认为也许我能帮得上忙 |
[06:43] | It sounds like this is very personal. | 这好像是很隐私的事 |
[06:45] | Are you sure you want me to come along? | 你确定要让我一起去吗 |
[06:47] | Well, without you, the airline might | 如果没有你 航空公司可能会 |
[06:48] | seat me next to a morbidly obese person. | 让我坐在一个肥胖症患者旁边 |
[06:50] | Or a child. | 或者是个小孩 |
[06:51] | Or a morbidly obese child. | 或者是有肥胖症的小孩 |
[06:54] | You know, when I first started working with you, | 我刚开始陪护你的时候 |
[06:56] | you mentioned that you left London in disgrace. | 你说过你灰溜溜地离开了伦敦 |
[06:59] | Have you thought about what it’s gonna be like | 你想过你回去的时候 |
[07:01] | when you go back there? | 会是什么样吗 |
[07:03] | I’m a different man now, Watson. | 我已不是以前的我了 华生 |
[07:04] | It’s a different city. | 那座城市也不同了 |
[07:06] | London is always a different city. | 伦敦永远都在变化着 |
[07:57] | You know, I was thinking, since we’re in London, | 我在想 既然我们到了伦敦 |
[07:59] | this might be a good opportunity to work on step nine. | 这也许是我们进行第九步治疗的机会 |
[08:02] | Step nine? You think I should start making amends | 第九步 你觉得我应该现在 |
[08:04] | to people I have harmed now? | 对我伤害过的人进行补偿吗 |
[08:06] | Well, this… this Lestrade guy seems like he qualifies. | 这个叫雷斯垂德的人似乎正合适 |
[08:09] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[08:11] | DCI Hopkins. | 霍普金斯督察 |
[08:13] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:15] | Good God, man. | 天啊 伙计 |
[08:16] | – You look exactly the same. – As do you. | -你看起来一点没变 -你也是 |
[08:19] | Save for the fact that you’ve gained | 除了你的体重增加了 |
[08:20] | exactly one and a quarter stone | 一点二五石[约8公斤] |
[08:21] | and your hairline’s receded half a centimeter. | 还有你的发际线后退了半厘米 |
[08:23] | Hey, you’re slipping. | 你退步了哟 |
[08:25] | I’ve gained exactly one and a half stone. | 我长了整整一石半 |
[08:28] | Oh, I’m not slipping; | 不是退步了 |
[08:28] | I’ve just grown more courteous. | 只是更加委婉了 |
[08:33] | His name’s Lawrence Pendry. | 他叫劳伦斯·彭德里 |
[08:35] | Son of Warren Pendry. | 沃伦·彭德里的儿子 |
[08:37] | British media mogul. | 英国媒体大亨 |
[08:38] | Owns half the papers in England. | 拥有英国一半的报纸市场 |
[08:40] | Owned. | 曾经 |
[08:41] | Died last week, heart attack. | 他上周死了 心脏病 |
[08:42] | But we’ll get to that. | 一会我们再来说这个 |
[08:44] | 13 months ago, Lawrence here, | 13个月前 这个劳伦斯 |
[08:46] | he dialed 999 to say that | 打999报案说 |
[08:48] | he and his wife walked in on | 他和他妻子回家时 |
[08:49] | an armed intruder in their home. | 遇到了武装侵入者 |
[08:50] | There was a struggle between Lawrence and the man, | 劳伦斯和那个男人打了起来 |
[08:53] | and the man’s weapon fired, killing Mary. | 那人开枪杀了玛丽 |
[08:56] | Lestrade caught the case, | 雷斯垂德接了那个案子 |
[08:58] | and he took an instant dislike to Pendry; | 但他对彭德里很不满 |
[09:01] | thought his statement sounded rehearsed, | 觉得他的证词像是演练过 |
[09:03] | convinced himself that the scene was staged. | 他确信犯罪现场是人为布置的 |
[09:05] | Trouble was, a neighbor heard the shot | 问题在于 一个邻居6点33分时 |
[09:07] | that killed Mary at exactly 18:33. | 听到了杀死玛丽的枪声 |
[09:11] | Pendry dialed 999 at 18:36. | 彭德里在6点36分打了999 |
[09:14] | Our first car arrived not five minutes later. | 第一辆警车五分钟之内到达现场 |
[09:17] | Yet no gun was recovered at the scene. | 但现场没有发现枪 |
[09:20] | So if Lawrence killed Mary, | 所以如果是劳伦斯杀了玛丽 |
[09:22] | then he had to get rid of the gun | 那他得在八分钟的时间里 |
[09:23] | in that eight-minute period. | 把枪处理掉 |
[09:30] | After you left for the States, Lestrade struggled. | 在你去美国之后 雷斯垂德很痛苦 |
[09:33] | Cut some corners… | 常常陷入困境 |
[09:36] | Whatever it took to close a case. | 不惜用任何手段解决案子 |
[09:38] | Warren Pendry proceeded to use his papers | 而沃伦·彭德里用他的报纸 |
[09:40] | to paint a very ugly picture, | 大肆渲染污蔑 |
[09:42] | not just of Lestrade, but of the Yard in general. | 不光对雷斯垂德 也对整个苏格兰场 |
[09:45] | DCS had no choice but to suspend Lestrade, | 督察局不得不将雷斯垂德停职 |
[09:48] | pending an investigation. | 暂停了案件调查 |
[09:49] | When was this? | 这是什么时候的事 |
[09:50] | Two weeks ago. Now, back to Warren… | 两周前 现在说回沃伦 |
[09:52] | His funeral was three days ago. | 三天前他的葬礼上 |
[09:55] | Lestrade used this to make an appearance. | 雷斯垂德拿着这个出现了 |
[10:00] | It’s a fake. | 这是假的 |
[10:01] | Nevertheless, it’s landed Lestrade in a whole new world of trouble. | 尽管如此 它给雷斯垂德惹上了大麻烦 |
[10:05] | There’s been a manhunt the last few days, | 这几天我们一直在搜捕他 |
[10:07] | but it’s turned up nothing. | 但没有他的踪迹 |
[10:08] | Do you think he did it? | 你觉得是他干的吗 |
[10:09] | At least two dozen mourners saw the whole thing. | 至少有两打送葬的人目睹了全过程 |
[10:12] | I’m not talking about Lestrade, I’m talking about Pendry. | 我不是说雷斯垂德 我是说彭德里 |
[10:14] | Either way, it’s not your concern. | 不管怎样 都不是你该操心的 |
[10:15] | I haven’t asked you here to consult, | 我没有找你来当顾问 |
[10:17] | I asked you here to find him. | 我让你来找雷斯垂德 |
[10:20] | DCI Hopkins! | 霍普金斯督察 |
[10:22] | We still on for our meeting? | 我们的会还开吗 |
[10:24] | Oh, Mr. Pendry, you’re early. | 彭德里先生 你来早了 |
[10:26] | Well, I am being stalked by all of your colleagues. | 你的同事们一直在跟踪我 |
[10:27] | You can’t blame me for being early for an update, can you? | 你不能怪我提早来了解案情进展 |
[10:32] | This is Mr. Holmes, who, with his associate | 这是福尔摩斯先生和他的助手华生小姐 |
[10:35] | Miss Watson, are assisting in our search for Gareth Lestrade. | 他们在帮忙寻找加莱斯·雷斯垂德 |
[10:38] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[10:40] | I know you. | 我知道你 |
[10:42] | You’re Lestrade’s crutch. | 你是雷斯垂德的帮手 |
[10:44] | Sorry, it’s just… | 对不起 只是 |
[10:45] | over the course of the past year, | 去年里 |
[10:46] | my attorneys have been compelled to do | 我的律师们做了很多 |
[10:47] | quite a bit of research into Inspector Lestrade. | 关于雷斯垂德督查的调查 |
[10:51] | One of the many secrets they uncovered | 他们发现的秘密之一 |
[10:52] | was that you were the architect of his greatest successes. | 就是他的成功归功于你 |
[10:54] | You give me too much credit. | 你过奖了 |
[10:55] | I think you’re the one who gave too much credit. | 我觉得是你过奖了 |
[10:58] | Please don’t misunderstand me, Holmes, I… | 请不要误解我 福尔摩斯 我 |
[11:00] | You’re quite brilliant. | 你很聪明 |
[11:02] | I only wish you’d been with Lestrade the night Mary was killed. | 真希望玛丽被杀那晚你也在场 |
[11:05] | Maybe the real killer would be in prison… | 那样也许真凶就能落网了 |
[11:08] | and the inspector would still have his job. | 而他现在也还在做他的督查 |
[11:17] | So, uh, this is your old place? | 这就是你以前的住所吗 |
[11:19] | 221B is my original sanctum sanctorum. | 221B是我最初的圣地 |
[11:23] | It is the only aspect of my life in London that I have truly missed. | 是我唯一真正想念伦敦生活的地方 |
[11:27] | Before I left for New York, | 在我前往纽约之前 |
[11:28] | I came to an arrangement with an acquaintance, | 我和一个叫吉泽·鲍勃的人 |
[11:31] | Geezer Bob. | 做了协议 |
[11:32] | He’s been maintaining it in my absence. | 我不在时 他来负责维护房子 |
[11:34] | Hmm, it seems nice. | 似乎不错 |
[11:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:40] | 221B is a good deal more than nice, Watson. | 221B远远不只是不错 |
[11:44] | I spent the best part of ten years transforming it | 我花了最好的十年来把它变成一个 |
[11:46] | into a virtual womb of creativity. | 孕育创意的场所 |
[11:48] | Stepping inside it isn’t unlike stepping inside my very brain. | 走进这里正如走进我睿智的大脑 |
[11:51] | You will no doubt see things | 你将会看到令你疑惑 |
[11:52] | that will confuse or even upset you. | 甚至困扰的事情 |
[11:55] | Odd experiments, | 奇怪的实验 |
[11:55] | texts in dead languages, | 灭绝语种的经文 |
[11:57] | trophies from old cases. | 过往案件的战利品 |
[11:59] | Does it have a bed? | 这里有床吗 |
[12:00] | Because the only thing I care about right now is sleeping. | 因为我现在唯一关心的就是睡觉 |
[12:13] | The inside of your brain is… | 你的大脑里面 |
[12:15] | kind of boring. | 有点无聊 |
[12:16] | These are not my things. | 这些不是我的东西 |
[12:18] | I’ve been betrayed. | 我被背叛了 |
[12:19] | Well, what do you expect from a guy named Geezer Bob? | 对于叫吉泽·鲍勃的人 你还能指望什么 |
[12:22] | I need to check upstairs! | 我得上楼去看看 |
[12:35] | Can I help you? | 请问你有何贵干 |
[12:39] | Geezer Bob? | 你是吉泽·鲍勃吗 |
[12:40] | No. | 不是 |
[12:41] | Would you care to explain what you’re doing in my home? | 介意解释一下你为何出现在我家吗 |
[12:43] | Watson, our rest is going to have to wait. | 华生 我们得等下再休息了 |
[12:46] | We need to locate… | 我们需要把… |
[12:47] | Oh my… God. | 我的… 天 |
[12:49] | Mycroft. | 麦考夫 |
[12:51] | Hasn’t been that long, has it? | 也没很久不见 是吧 |
[12:54] | Um… would someone like to explain what’s going on here? | 有人愿意解释下怎么回事吗 |
[12:58] | Fatty, this is Watson. | 胖胖 这是华生 |
[12:59] | Watson, this is Fatty. | 华生 这是胖胖 |
[13:01] | Fatty? | 胖胖 |
[13:03] | I’d say I’d slimmed down quite a bit. Wouldn’t you? | 我敢说我瘦了很多 你说呢 |
[13:05] | – Lap-Band? – Exercise. | -你做了胃束带手术 -是锻炼 |
[13:07] | Exercise requires energy and ambition. | 锻炼需要活力和志气 |
[13:09] | You’ve never had either. | 这两样你都没有 |
[13:11] | Miss Watson. | 华生小姐 |
[13:13] | It’s… it’s nice to meet you. | 很… 很高兴见到你 |
[13:15] | I’m Mycroft. | 我是麦考夫 |
[13:18] | Mycroft Holmes. | 麦考夫·福尔摩斯 |
[13:19] | I’m Sherlock’s brother. | 我是夏洛克的哥哥 |
[13:32] | I can’t believe that my father gave 221B to Mycroft. | 真不敢相信我父亲竟把221B给了麦考夫 |
[13:36] | He knows how much this place means to me. | 他知道这里对我意义非凡 |
[13:38] | It’s his building, Sherlock. | 夏洛克 这是他的房产 |
[13:39] | He can do whatever he wants. | 他可以随意支配 |
[13:40] | Frankly, I’m more interested in the fact | 说实话 我更感兴趣的是 |
[13:42] | that you never mentioned that you had a brother. | 你从未提起你有个哥哥 |
[13:45] | Why would I? | 提他干嘛 |
[13:46] | Um, because he’s family? | 因为他是你的家人 |
[13:49] | Our relationship is entirely genetic. | 我们仅仅限于血缘关系 |
[13:52] | He’s an embarrassment. | 他是个累赘 |
[13:53] | Oh, apparently your father doesn’t think so. | 很明显你父亲不这么想 |
[13:56] | I-Is that why you don’t like him? | 这就是你不喜欢他的原因吗 |
[13:59] | Because he gets along with your dad? | 因为他和你爸相处融洽 |
[14:00] | I don’t like him ’cause he’s lazy. | 我不喜欢他是因为他懒 |
[14:02] | And he’s never applied himself to anything. | 他从来不做正事 |
[14:04] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[14:05] | As soon as he was able, | 他只要一有机会 |
[14:06] | he cashed in his trust fund. | 就从信托基金中拿钱 |
[14:07] | He opened several restaurants around London. | 他在伦敦周边开了好几家餐厅 |
[14:10] | Okay, so he’s a restauranteur… | 那他就是餐厅老板 |
[14:11] | No, he’s an indolent man-child, | 不 他就是个懒惰的啃老族 |
[14:13] | and if I’d had my druthers, | 如果让我选择 |
[14:14] | you would never have crossed paths with him. | 你和他完全不会产生交集 |
[14:15] | – Well, we’re here now… – Tea? | -可我已经见到了 -喝茶吗 |
[14:19] | Help yourself. | 请自便 |
[14:22] | What have you done with my things? | 你把我的东西弄哪去了 |
[14:24] | Charity shops. | 捐给慈善商店了 |
[14:25] | You’re joking. | 开什么玩笑 |
[14:26] | I reached out to you several times | 你在纽约时 |
[14:27] | in New York to make arrangements. | 我几次联系你想商量处理此事 |
[14:29] | You never got back to me. | 你都没有回应 |
[14:30] | I was in rehab. | 当时我在戒毒所 |
[14:32] | They don’t have phones in rehab? | 戒毒所没有电话吗 |
[14:34] | See what I mean? Lazy. | 看到了吧 就是懒 |
[14:36] | Could have had my things properly stored, but didn’t. | 本可以把我的东西妥善保管 但却没有 |
[14:39] | Must I confess, | 我必须承认 |
[14:40] | I don’t enjoy being ambushed in my own home. | 我不喜欢在自己家被人搞突袭 |
[14:42] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, Joan. | 乔恩 很高兴见到你 |
[14:43] | My father’s mentioned you several times. | 我父亲曾多次提起你 |
[14:45] | May I call you Joan? | 我可以叫你乔恩吗 |
[14:46] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[14:48] | It’s funny that Sherlock’s never mentioned me to you. | 夏洛克从未向你提起我 这真奇怪 |
[14:50] | I wonder why that might be? | 很好奇是为什么呢 |
[14:53] | Th-This again? Seriously? | 又提这事 有没有搞错 |
[14:54] | Maybe it’s because the last time I saw him | 也许是因为上次我看到他时 |
[14:56] | he was face-deep in my fianc? | 他正和我的未婚妻在亲热 |
[14:59] | – What? – It was five years ago, right? | -什么 -那都五年了 对吧 |
[15:02] | I had deduced that she was far less interested in him | 我推断他的未婚妻 对家产的兴趣 |
[15:04] | than in the family fortune. | 比对他兴趣大 |
[15:06] | I tried to warn him. He wouldn’t listen. | 我试过警告他 但是他不听 |
[15:07] | So I set about proving my hypothesis. | 所以我就去证实我的假设 |
[15:09] | Seven times, if memory serves. | 如果我没记错 是七次 |
[15:11] | Once in a pod on the London Eye. | 有一次是在伦敦眼的观光舱里 |
[15:14] | I did you a favor. | 我是在帮你 |
[15:15] | You did what you wanted, Sherlock. | 你是为了一己私欲 |
[15:19] | Just like you always do. | 你一向如此 |
[15:25] | I’m jet-lagged, Sherlock. | 夏洛克 我在倒时差 |
[15:27] | So if we’re not gonna stay here, | 所以如果我们不打算住在这 |
[15:29] | we need to find a hotel. | 就去找家宾馆吧 |
[15:30] | Nonsense. | 荒谬 |
[15:33] | Sherlock and I may have our differences, | 我和夏洛克也许有诸多分歧 |
[15:34] | but we’re still family. | 但我们还是一家人 |
[15:37] | You can both stay in the guest rooms. | 你们可以住在客房 |
[15:43] | We’ve been up for over 20 hours. | 我们已经20多个小时没睡了 |
[15:46] | It’s nice here. | 这里挺好的 |
[15:47] | Fine, fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[15:49] | Only because time is of the essence. | 仅仅因为时间紧迫 |
[15:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:53] | I’ll fetch you some fresh towels. | 我给你们拿些干净的毛巾来 |
[15:55] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[15:57] | – Right. – Where are you going? | -对了 -你要去哪里 |
[15:59] | I’ve devised a theory as to how to find Lestrade. | 我已经想到一个找出雷斯垂德的办法了 |
[16:01] | I’d like to test it. | 我想测试一下 |
[16:03] | You stay here. Rest. | 你待在这 好好休息吧 |
[16:28] | This is your idea of lamming it, is it? | 你对潜逃的理解就是这样吗 |
[16:32] | A few pints in the heart of Greenwich? | 在格林威治中心地带喝上几杯 |
[16:39] | So the… | 这么说来 |
[16:41] | prodigal detective returns. | 浪子侦探回归了 |
[16:50] | And how-how-how’d you find me? | 你是怎…怎么找到我的 |
[16:53] | Once I learned you hadn’t withdrawn any cash, | 当我知道你没有取任何现金时 |
[16:55] | I had a good notion what you were up to. | 我就知道你要干什么了 |
[16:57] | You and I looked into the matter | 你和我一块调查了 |
[16:59] | of the Norwood Builder together, didn’t we? | 诺伍德建造商一案 对吗 |
[17:01] | And during the course of that investigation, | 在调查过程中我向你透露 |
[17:02] | I revealed to you that I kept five hidden caches | 我有五个隐秘地点 |
[17:05] | around the city. | 遍布市内 |
[17:07] | In case of emergencies. | 是为紧急情况准备的 |
[17:09] | Cash, various passports, other sundries, | 现金 各种护照 还有其他杂物 |
[17:11] | stood to reason you’d make use of those in your hour of need. | 我猜你在急需之时会加以利用 |
[17:14] | Four of the five have been cleaned out. | 五个中的四个已经被拿空了 |
[17:16] | The fifth is in a hollowed-out sculpture on the grounds | 第五个在街对面图书馆前空地上的 |
[17:19] | of the library across the street, | 一个空心雕塑中 |
[17:21] | and will be difficult to access | 但在保安下班之前 |
[17:23] | until the security guard goes off-duty. | 很难得手 |
[17:26] | Actually, you know, I’m-I’m-I’m quite pleased you’re here really. | 其实你能来这里 我挺开心的 |
[17:30] | I think you’d be most impressed | 我觉得你会非常欣赏 |
[17:32] | with all the work that I’ve done. | 我所做的事 |
[17:33] | I am not here to consult on the case of Lawrence Pendry. | 我不是来做劳伦斯·彭德里案的顾问的 |
[17:36] | I am here to make quite certain | 我来这里是为了确保 |
[17:38] | that you emerge from hiding | 你能在不伤害自己 |
[17:40] | without harming yourself | 和其他人的同时 |
[17:42] | or anyone else. | 不再躲躲藏藏 |
[17:44] | I felt I owed you that for all the years of work | 我觉得这算是咱们合作这么多年 |
[17:47] | that we did together, so… | 我欠你的 所以… |
[17:49] | Are you going to come to Scotland Yard with me? | 你要跟我一起去苏格兰场吗 |
[17:52] | Or shall I call them here? | 还是我把他们叫到这里来 |
[18:00] | So, who you working with in New York then? | 你在纽约跟谁合作呢 |
[18:02] | Captain Thomas Gregson. | 托马斯·格雷森警监 |
[18:03] | Good detective, good man. | 好警探 是个好人 |
[18:05] | – Not as sharp as you, obviously. – Nice. | -明显没有你犀利 -说得好 |
[18:09] | What are you… what are you doing? | 你…你要干什么 |
[18:11] | Well, the security man is off, | 保安已经下班了 |
[18:14] | so I thought I might go and get myself a little bit of cash. | 我觉得我可以去拿点现金去 |
[18:16] | Aw, don’t… Just get… | 别 你下来 |
[18:17] | Get off me! | 放手 |
[18:24] | You’re being ridiculous. | 你这么做真荒谬 |
[18:25] | This is my case. | 这是我的案子 |
[18:27] | I’m gonna be there when Pendry is nicked. | 我一定会把彭德里捉拿归案的 |
[18:31] | I mean, how many… how many times did you follow some… | 想想看你有多少次采用那些… |
[18:32] | some bonkers theory… | 那些疯狂的理论 |
[18:36] | and you’d find that it was a complete | 然后发现那全都是 |
[18:37] | and utter bloody waste of time? | 彻底地浪费时间 |
[18:38] | What, 50, what, a hundred times? | 有五十次 上百次吧 |
[18:41] | See, I never got the chance to follow my muse. | 我一直没机会跟着我的思路走 |
[18:44] | I never even had the chance to have an opinion. | 我甚至没有机会说出自己的想法 |
[18:47] | Look, I acknowledge I was not always the most attentive | 听着 我承认我不总是同事里 |
[18:50] | of colleagues. | 最体贴的那个 |
[18:52] | It’s actually something I’m taking steps to improve. | 这正是我正在设法改进的地方 |
[18:55] | And what good does that do me? | 这对我有什么好处呢 |
[18:57] | Well… You can turn me in. | 你可以告发我 |
[18:59] | You can do whatever you want to do. | 你想怎么做都行 |
[19:01] | Personally… | 从我个人来讲 |
[19:03] | what I would prefer, Sherlock, | 夏洛克 我更希望 |
[19:06] | is that if you and I could work together just one last time. | 你和我能最后再合作一次 |
[19:18] | One of my suppliers from the restaurant– I’ll be a moment. | 是我餐馆的一个供货商 马上就好 |
[19:21] | Puri,quoi qu’il en soit envoyer moi la facteur. | 不过还是派个送货员过来给我吧 |
[19:26] | Au revoir. | 再见 |
[19:28] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[19:29] | Um, have you seen Sherlock anywhere? | 你看见夏洛克了吗 |
[19:32] | He never came home last night. | 他昨晚没有回家 |
[19:34] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[19:35] | His bed was undisturbed. | 他的床很整洁 |
[19:36] | You live with him. | 你跟他住在一起 |
[19:38] | Surely you know he’d never sleep in it, then make it. | 肯定知道他不会睡完之后铺床的 |
[19:41] | Yeah, I guess I’ll try calling him. | 对 也许我该给他打个电话 |
[19:44] | You must be learning a great deal from him. | 你肯定从他那儿学了不少东西吧 |
[19:47] | I am. | 确实 |
[19:49] | How else would you put up with him? | 不然你怎么能容忍他啊 |
[19:51] | Uh, I don’t “put up” with him. | 我不是在容忍他 |
[19:54] | We get along, basically. | 我只是跟他处得来 |
[19:57] | He’s a friend. | 他是我的朋友 |
[19:58] | Sherlock doesn’t have friends. | 夏洛克没有朋友 |
[20:01] | Yesterday I would’ve told you he doesn’t have a brother. | 昨天我还会告诉你他没有哥哥呢 |
[20:03] | But he does. | 但是他有 |
[20:07] | Does he? | 他有吗 |
[20:09] | He’s changed a lot. | 他改变了许多 |
[20:11] | People often say that about addicts, don’t they? | 人们经常这么说瘾君子 对吧 |
[20:13] | “He’s changed, he’s better now.” | 他变了 他现在好多了 |
[20:16] | Sherlock is addicted to being himself. | 让夏洛克上瘾的是做他自己 |
[20:21] | Our boy? | 是他吗 |
[20:22] | Yeah, he’s fine. | 对 他没事 |
[20:24] | Uh, I’m gonna get dressed, | 我要去换衣服了 |
[20:26] | and, uh, I’ll go meet him. | 然后 我要去见他 |
[20:36] | Why are we in an abandoned theater? | 为什么我们会来一家废弃的剧院 |
[20:39] | These places come and go as public subsidies wax and wane. | 这种地方随着政府资助的不定或兴盛或倒塌 |
[20:43] | A good place to hide, if you are a fugitive. | 但对逃犯来说是个藏身的好地方 |
[20:46] | Fugitive? | 逃犯 |
[20:48] | Joan Watson, meet Gareth Lestrade, | 乔恩·华生 来见见加莱斯·雷斯垂德 |
[20:51] | late of Scotland Yard. | 苏格兰场的前警探 |
[20:54] | Pleasure. Hi. | 真是荣幸 你好 |
[20:58] | Yeah, hi. | 嗯 你好 |
[21:00] | Okay, you found him and then you came back to | 好吧 你找到了他然后跟着他 |
[21:02] | his lair with him. | 回到了他的老巢 |
[21:03] | Is there any particular reason | 有什么特别理由 |
[21:04] | why you haven’t called the police? | 让你没去报警吗 |
[21:06] | Yes. Milk. | 有 牛奶 |
[21:09] | Lawrence Pendry is lactose intolerant; | 劳伦斯·彭德里有乳糖不适症 |
[21:12] | his wife Mary, a committed vegan; | 他的妻子玛丽是一个严格的素食主义者 |
[21:13] | so why, then, is there a bottle of milk in their fridge? | 那为什么他们的冰箱里会有瓶牛奶呢 |
[21:17] | – Guests? – Perhaps. | -给客人的 -有可能 |
[21:19] | Uh, miss, no offense, | 小姐 请勿见怪 |
[21:20] | but could you give him a little bit of space, please? | 但能请你给他一点空间吗 |
[21:23] | Because he’s doing that thing. | 因为他要开始做那个了 |
[21:24] | You know, when he’s on to something, | 当他在思考案件突破时 |
[21:25] | he does that-that thing. | 他做的那种事 |
[21:26] | Yes, I-I know that thing. | 是的 我知道他的习惯 |
[21:31] | You didn’t tell me that one of your brother’s restaurants | 你没告诉我你哥哥的餐厅 |
[21:32] | had two Michelin Stars. | 有两颗米其林星 |
[21:35] | I didn’t tell you that my brother was a corporal entity. | 我也没告诉你我哥哥是一名下士 |
[21:38] | You’ve been chatting with Mycroft? | 你和麦考夫聊天了 |
[21:40] | Yes, he wants to take me to dinner. | 是的 他想请我吃晚餐 |
[21:43] | – What? – He intends to bed you. | -怎么 -他想睡你 |
[21:46] | Retaliation for my misadventures with his fiance? | 以报复我和她未婚妻之间的不快 |
[21:49] | Misadventures is not the word that I would use. | 我可不会说那是不快 |
[21:52] | You are attracted to Mycroft. | 你被麦考夫吸引了 |
[21:54] | Um, no, I’m not. | 不 我没有 |
[21:56] | Hm. Makes a certain amount of sense. | 这有一定的道理 |
[21:58] | It’s classic transference. | 这是典型的移情 |
[21:59] | You wouldn’t be sleeping with him. | 你不是在和他睡 |
[22:00] | Psychologically speaking, you’d be sleeping with me. | 从心理角度讲 你是在和我睡 |
[22:03] | Oh, you surely thought about it. | 你肯定这么想过 |
[22:05] | You can’t go to bed with me. | 你不能和我睡 |
[22:06] | We’re business partners | 我们是生意伙伴 |
[22:07] | and you’re my former sober companion. | 而且你还是我的前康戒陪护 |
[22:09] | But you can sleep with a cheap knockoff version of me, | 但是你可以和廉价的山寨版的我睡 |
[22:12] | and that is Mycroft. | 也就是麦考夫 |
[22:14] | I don’t even know | 我都不知道 |
[22:14] | what I’m supposed to be looking for in here. | 我要找的是什么 |
[22:17] | One of these ma… one of these masks is out of place. | 这其中…其中一个面具位置不对 |
[22:26] | They look pretty well lined up to me. | 我看排列得都挺好的 |
[22:28] | Yes, well, they are “Pretty well lined up,” | 是的 是排列得挺好 |
[22:30] | but they were… | 但之前 |
[22:33] | perfectly lined up. | 是排列得很完美 |
[22:35] | Mary Pendry took this photograph of herself | 玛丽·彭德里拍了这张照片 |
[22:37] | and e-mailed it to a friend, | 并发给了一个朋友 |
[22:38] | just hours before she died. | 就在她被害前几个小时 |
[22:40] | In it, the third mask from the left | 在照片里 从左边数第三个面具 |
[22:41] | is perfectly in line with its compatriots. | 还和其他面具完美地排列在一起 |
[22:44] | But this one, it’s just a little bit lower. | 但是在这张里 就稍微低了一点 |
[22:47] | Did you notice this at the scene? | 你在现场注意到了吗 |
[22:49] | The murder weapon could be hidden here. | 凶器可能就藏在里面 |
[22:50] | Eh, did I notice the discrepancy? | 我有没有注意到这个不一致 |
[22:52] | No. | 没有 |
[22:53] | But we’re not complete idiots. | 但我们也不是很傻 |
[22:54] | We did check behind the mask, | 我们检查过面具的后面 |
[22:56] | and there was no gun there. | 里面没有枪 |
[22:57] | I need to examine this room. | 我得去查查那间房子 |
[22:59] | Well, this is not our case. | 这不是我们的案子 |
[23:00] | Pendry’s not gonna just let us walk in there. | 彭德里不会轻易让我们进去的 |
[23:02] | Well, he will when I tell him that I almost | 他会的 如果我告诉他我差一点 |
[23:04] | caught his enemy Lestrade, | 就抓住了他的敌人雷斯垂德 |
[23:05] | and I found a suicide note that he was writing | 并找到了写着他要杀害 |
[23:07] | in which he indicates his intention to murder Lawrence Pendry. | 劳伦斯·彭德里的遗书 |
[23:11] | But I haven’t written any suicide notes. | 但我没写过什么遗书 |
[23:13] | Not yet you haven’t. | 只是暂时还没写 |
[23:15] | “I die knowing that I brought justice to Mary. | “知道我为玛丽伸张了正义” |
[23:20] | I die vindicated, a true policeman.” | “我死也无憾 我是一名真正的警察” |
[23:23] | Do you actually think he’ll follow through? | 你觉得他真的会来杀我吗 |
[23:24] | Difficult to say. | 不好说 |
[23:26] | You might want to take different routes to your office. | 你最好走别的路去办公室 |
[23:28] | Inform your security. | 通知你的保安 |
[23:29] | I’m-I’m sure that the police will be happy to send someone over. | 我相信警方也会很乐意派个人来 |
[23:32] | With all due respect, I’m protecting myself | 无意冒犯 但我正在 |
[23:34] | from a member of the police. | 防范一个警察 |
[23:35] | I’m hardly likely to invite more of them into my home. | 我不大可能让更多警察来我家 |
[23:39] | Thank you for bringing this to my attention. | 谢谢你告诉我这件事 |
[23:41] | We’ll take every precaution. | 我们会采取力所能及的预防措施 |
[23:44] | Was there something else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[23:46] | Well… | 那个… |
[23:47] | Miss Watson first came to my attention | 华生小姐最初引起我的注意 |
[23:49] | as America’s foremost expert | 就是因为她是美国的 |
[23:51] | on home security, so… | 家庭安保首席专家 所以… |
[23:53] | perhaps she could take a look around, hmm? | 或许可以让她在你家转转 |
[23:55] | See if everything’s up to snuff. | 看看是否一切都达到了标准 |
[23:58] | I suppose so. | 我想可以 |
[24:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:03] | It’s what I do. | 我就是做这个的 |
[24:06] | We’ve got motion detectors at each end of the corridors, | 每条走廊两端都有移动探测器 |
[24:09] | security nodes on all the windows. | 所有窗户都有安全节点 |
[24:13] | Well, Miss Watson, what do you think? | 华生小姐 您觉得怎样 |
[24:16] | It’s secure. | 很安全 |
[24:18] | It’s very secure. | 非常安全 |
[24:19] | High praise indeed, from the likes of her. | 她能这么说就是很高的评价了 |
[24:23] | Don’t know what else there is to say. | 不知道还有什么好说的 |
[24:26] | Again, shatterproof glass, | 这些也是防碎玻璃 |
[24:28] | security nodes on all the windows. | 所有窗户上装有安全节点 |
[24:30] | And what is the floodlight situation on the windows? | 窗户上的照明灯情况怎样 |
[24:33] | Fully covered, of course. | 当然全部覆盖了 |
[24:35] | Motion-sensitive. | 运动感应 |
[24:36] | We replace the bulbs the minute they go out. | 灯泡一坏我们就换 |
[24:39] | Excuse me. What are you doing? | 不好意思 你在干什么 |
[24:41] | I’m so sorry. So sorry. | 抱歉 非常抱歉 |
[24:43] | I just, uh… I love folk art. | 我只是…很喜欢民间艺术 |
[24:49] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[24:50] | We’ll be in touch when we have Lestrade. | 抓到雷斯垂德再和您联系 |
[24:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:59] | You had to tell him I was the number one home security expert? | 你一定要说我是最好的家庭安保专家吗 |
[25:02] | You couldn’t have told him | 你就不能说 |
[25:03] | I was number eight or something? | 我是第八好或者第几好的吗 |
[25:04] | You acquitted yourself admirably. | 你表现得非常好 |
[25:06] | Anyway, it was time well spent. | 不管怎样 挺有收获的 |
[25:08] | You found something? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[25:10] | Lestrade was right. | 雷斯垂德是对的 |
[25:10] | Lawrence Pendry did kill his wife. | 劳伦斯·彭德里确实杀了他的妻子 |
[25:13] | I know exactly how he did it. | 我已经知道他是怎么做的了 |
[25:22] | Thirteen months ago, a neighbour heard | 十三个月前 一个邻居 |
[25:23] | the shot which took Mary Pendry’s life | 在六点三十三分听到了 |
[25:25] | at exactly 6:33. | 杀死玛丽·彭德里那声枪响 |
[25:26] | Yes, I know this. I know all of this. | 对 我知道 这些我都知道 |
[25:28] | I just want to know what you found in that bastard’s house. | 我就想知道你在那混蛋的家里发现了什么 |
[25:30] | The primary reason you were never able | 你没法立案调查彭德里 |
[25:32] | to build a case against Pendry | 最主要的原因 |
[25:34] | was that you could not find the murder weapon. | 就是你没能找到凶器 |
[25:36] | I humbly submit that it was in the kitchen the entire time. | 以我的愚见 凶器一直都在厨房里 |
[25:41] | No, you see, that’s bollocks, | 不 你在胡说八道 |
[25:42] | ’cause we turned the whole house upside down. | 我们把整座房子翻了个遍 |
[25:44] | There was absolutely no gun. | 的的确确没有枪 |
[25:46] | That’s because you made the mistake of looking for a gun. | 那是因为你们就不该找枪 |
[25:51] | This is the weapon that I believe | 我觉得这才是 |
[25:53] | Pendry used to kill his wife. | 彭德里用来杀妻的凶器 |
[25:55] | A plastic gun. | 一把塑料枪 |
[25:58] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说得太对了 |
[25:59] | Yes, I did see one of those, actually. | 我的确看过这么一把枪 |
[26:00] | It was in the cutlery drawer. | 就在餐厅抽屉里 |
[26:01] | Thought it was a toy, so I left it alone. | 我以为是个玩具 就没理会 |
[26:04] | You think I’m daft? | 你当我傻吗 |
[26:05] | What, you think I wouldn’t recognize a plastic gun? | 你以为我会不认得塑料手枪吗 |
[26:08] | We don’t think it looked like that | 我们认为在你到达时 |
[26:10] | by the time you got there; | 它已经不是枪的样子了 |
[26:11] | we think it looked like this. | 我们认为它当时是这样的 |
[26:14] | I don’t believe that it was milk in that bottle. | 我认为这里面不是牛奶 |
[26:16] | I believe it was acetone. | 我认为里面是丙酮 |
[26:18] | Acetone? | 丙酮吗 |
[26:20] | He used acetone to melt the gun. | 他利用丙酮融化塑料手枪 |
[26:24] | The crime, as I see it, | 我对这起犯罪的理解是 |
[26:25] | Pendry shoots his wife at 6:33. | 彭德里在6点33分开枪杀死了他的妻子 |
[26:28] | He the disassembles his weapon and he drops the pieces | 之后他把手枪拆掉 |
[26:30] | into a bottle he’s filled with acetone. | 并把零件放入丙酮中 |
[26:32] | He then dials 999 at 6:36 | 6点36分他报警说 |
[26:35] | to report that his wife has been murdered by an intruder. | 自己的妻子被入室者杀害 |
[26:38] | The acetone, meanwhile, is dissolving | 与此同时 丙酮正在溶解 |
[26:39] | the gun he used to murder her, | 他杀害妻子时所使用的枪 |
[26:40] | leaving nothing but a milk-like liquid in the bottle | 在冰箱中变成了一瓶 |
[26:43] | in his refrigerator. | 看似牛奶的液体 |
[26:45] | It’s unbelievable. | 这真不可思议 |
[26:47] | You know all of this from a photograph of a pint of milk? | 你竟从一张牛奶的照片中读出这么多信息 |
[26:51] | And a nail. | 还有一枚钉子 |
[26:53] | It’s illegal for a gun company | 手枪公司制作塑料手枪 |
[26:55] | to make or manufacture a plastic weapon. | 是违法行为 |
[26:57] | But with advances in 3-D printing, | 但是有了3D打印技术的帮助 |
[26:59] | it makes it possible for anyone with the right specs | 任何一个人 只要有合适的零件 |
[27:02] | to build one in the comfort of their own home. | 都可以在自己家中制作塑料手枪 |
[27:04] | They only need one piece of metal to make it work: | 他们只需一块金属就可以开枪 |
[27:07] | a nail to act as the firing pin. | 用一枚钉子来做撞针 |
[27:09] | Now, Pendry couldn’t very well melt a nail, could he? | 但彭德里没办法融化钉子 |
[27:11] | So he hid it in plain sight. | 所以他将钉子藏在别处 |
[27:13] | He used it to re-hang one of the masks | 在警察到来之前 |
[27:15] | in the living room before the police arrived. | 他用钉子重新悬挂了客厅的面具 |
[27:17] | That’s why it was hanging | 这也就是为什么第三个面具 |
[27:18] | lower than the others. He did the work in a hurry. | 比其他的低 他当时很着急 |
[27:21] | When I examined that nail today, | 今天我检查钉子的时候 |
[27:23] | I noticed that the tip was slightly charred. | 发现钉尖处有些烧焦 |
[27:26] | Carbon scoring | 因发射子弹 |
[27:28] | from where it struck the bullet. | 而产生的碳化现象 |
[27:32] | I was right. | 我是对的 |
[27:34] | I always knew it, you see? I always knew. | 我就知道是这样 我就知道 |
[27:36] | I just didn’t… I… | 我只是没有… 我… |
[27:37] | I need to take this case to Hopkins. | 我要告诉霍普金斯 |
[27:41] | And I don’t care if he… he bangs me up | 我不管他是否会因为我 |
[27:43] | for what I did at the funeral. | 在葬礼上的所作所为而拘禁我 |
[27:45] | I just want to see that bastard rot! | 我只想让那个混蛋得到应有的惩罚 |
[27:47] | All we have is a nail with a blackened tip. | 我们手上的证据只是一枚尖部发黑的钉子 |
[27:50] | Any number of reasons that could have happened. | 产生这一现象的原因有很多种 |
[27:53] | The gunshot residue would have worn off ages ago. | 射击残留物也早就不存在了 |
[27:56] | We have no way to prove that it was ever part of a weapon. | 我们没法证明钉子是枪的一部分 |
[28:00] | If we are to undo him, | 如果想要逮捕他 |
[28:02] | we need to find out more about how and where | 我们需要找出他是在何处 又是如何 |
[28:06] | he made that gun. | 制作塑料枪的 |
[28:08] | London, like New York, is a beacon of freedom | 伦敦和纽约一样 自由度很高 |
[28:11] | and a target for terrorists. | 同时也是恐怖分子的目标 |
[28:13] | It is, as a consequence, | 因此 伦敦也就成为 |
[28:15] | one of the most observed cities in the world. | 全球监控设备最多的城市之一 |
[28:18] | Its network of thousands upon thousands of CCTV cameras | 它有成千上万台监控摄像机 |
[28:22] | track the movements of its citizens, | 观察着市民的一举一动 |
[28:24] | looking for anything at all out of place. | 查看任何可疑行为 |
[28:26] | Yeah, I noticed. They’re kind of everywhere. | 我注意到了 摄像头无处不在 |
[28:28] | Mm. Now I know for a fact | 我肯定的是 |
[28:30] | that some of England’s network of watchmen | 监控摄像机后的监视人员 |
[28:31] | verge on the competent. | 能力非凡 |
[28:33] | I would wager that, like us, they’re aware | 我打赌 和我们一样 他们很清楚 |
[28:35] | of the new and deadly advances in 3-D printing. | 新型3D打印机的致命威力 |
[28:38] | I would also wager that the nation’s gun-averse | 我也打赌 那些反对枪支 |
[28:41] | and ever-more-paranoid security apparatus | 神经高度紧张的安全机构 |
[28:44] | are tracking the sales of 3-D printers. | 会追踪3D打印机的销售流向 |
[28:48] | Would you mind? | 帮我拿会儿 |
[28:49] | If they are, it should be a simple matter | 如果如我所说 只要简单地 |
[28:50] | of consulting their database, | 查查他们的数据库 |
[28:52] | see if we can connect one to Pendry. | 看看其中有无跟彭德里相关的即可 |
[28:56] | Can’t you just call this guy? | 你不能给他打个电话吗 |
[28:58] | Hasn’t owned a phone since they became GPS-capable. | 自从手机可以GPS定位后 他就不用了 |
[29:00] | He doesn’t like the idea that one could be used to track him. | 他不喜欢被别人追踪到 |
[29:03] | Now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[29:05] | Now we wait. | 现在我们慢慢等 |
[29:11] | 你好 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 我有消息要告诉兰代尔·派克 我需要过去两年中所有3D打印机的购买信息 | |
[29:19] | We’ve been here for over four hours. | 我们已经在这待了四个小时了 |
[29:21] | Are you sure you’re just not using this as an excuse | 你确定你不是在利用这个借口 |
[29:23] | so I don’t have dinner with your brother? | 阻止我和你哥哥共进晚餐吗 |
[29:24] | I’ve decided I don’t have a problem with it. | 我对这个没意见 |
[29:26] | What, dinner? | 对共进晚餐吗 |
[29:27] | The retaliatory sex. | 报复性性行为 |
[29:29] | You’re an adult. You can do as you please. | 你是个成年人了 你可以随心所欲 |
[29:30] | Might even be good for you. Clear your mind. | 也许对你是好事 放松头脑 |
[29:32] | You know what? For the last time, | 我最后再说一次 |
[29:33] | no one is having sex with anyone, okay? | 没有谁要和谁上床 好吗 |
[29:36] | He wants to get to know me because I am your partner. | 他想要了解我是因为我是你的搭档 |
[29:39] | I want to get to know him because he is your brother. | 我想了解他是因为他是你的哥哥 |
[29:41] | You hope to learn secrets from my childhood. | 你想从他那里了解我小时候的秘密 |
[29:43] | Mycroft will be of little use. | 麦考夫对这个没什么帮助 |
[29:45] | We went to separate boarding schools. | 我们念不同的寄宿学校 |
[29:46] | Oh! Hey, cheers! | 喂 你好啊 |
[29:48] | Congratulations, Watson. | 恭喜你 华生 |
[29:50] | You just met Langdale Pike. | 你刚见到了兰代尔·派克 |
[29:58] | Wow, looks like the 3-D printing business has been good. | 看起来3D打印机生意不错 |
[30:01] | Mm. I shall let you know | 如果我和雷斯垂德查到线索 |
[30:03] | What… what, you’re ditching me? | 你要扔下我吗 |
[30:03] | if Lestrade and I find anything. | 会通知你的 |
[30:04] | I’m conducting an experiment. | 我在进行一项实验 |
[30:06] | I’m curious to know which of us is right about my brother. | 我想知道我们俩对我哥哥的猜测谁对谁错 |
[30:08] | My money’s on me. | 我押我自己 |
[30:09] | Bon appetit. | 祝你有个好胃口 |
[30:13] | Hello? | 有人在吗 |
[30:15] | Joan! | 乔恩 |
[30:17] | Right on time. | 来的真是时候 |
[30:18] | I was, uh, digging around in the cellar. | 我正在地窖里找酒 |
[30:20] | Wasn’t sure whether you liked red or white, | 不知道你喜欢红酒还是白酒 |
[30:22] | so I excavated a bottle of both. | 所以我各拿了一瓶 |
[30:25] | Um, is the restaurant closed tonight? | 饭店今晚不营业吗 |
[30:28] | My prettiest eatery by far, | 这是我最美丽的一家小饭店 |
[30:29] | but the acoustics are rubbish. | 但隔音效果很差 |
[30:30] | This way we’ll have a decent conversation. | 只有不营业 我们才能好好聊聊 |
[30:35] | You know there’s nothing happening here, right? | 你明白我们之间不会发生什么 对吧 |
[30:40] | You thought this was a romantic engagement? | 你认为这是一次浪漫的约会 |
[30:44] | It’s not? | 不是吗 |
[30:45] | Please sit down. | 请坐 |
[30:53] | There’s something I wanted | 有些事我想 |
[30:54] | to discuss with you in private. | 跟你私下谈谈 |
[30:56] | I thought it was a conversation best lubricated | 我觉得这次谈话应该 |
[30:59] | with good food and good wine. | 有美食和美酒相伴 |
[31:07] | I, um… | 我… |
[31:11] | lied to Sherlock yesterday when I told him | 昨天对夏洛克说谎了 |
[31:14] | I’d lost weight via exercise. | 我不是通过锻炼减轻的体重 |
[31:16] | The truth is… | 事实是… |
[31:17] | You were sick. | 你生病了 |
[31:21] | I noticed the scars on your wrist this morning. | 我今早注意到了你手腕上的疤痕 |
[31:24] | Graft-versus-host? | 移植手术后遗症吗 |
[31:27] | You had a bone marrow transplant | 你在过去两年里的某个时间 |
[31:29] | some time in the last… two years? | 接受了骨髓移植 |
[31:33] | If I didn’t know you were an ex-surgeon, | 要不是我知道你以前当过医生的话 |
[31:34] | I’d say you’ve been spending too much time with my brother. | 我会觉得你跟我弟弟相处时间太久了 |
[31:39] | That’s actually what I wanted to discuss with you this evening; | 其实这正是我今晚想跟你谈的事 |
[31:43] | time with my brother. | 如何跟我弟弟相处 |
[31:46] | You’re right, of course, about everything. | 当然 所有的事你都说对了 |
[31:48] | I was sick, very sick. | 我之前病了 病得很严重 |
[31:51] | When I wasn’t vomiting, | 当我病情不那么严重时 |
[31:52] | I found myself prone to reflection. | 我会经常反思自己 |
[31:55] | It dawned on me the one regret I have in life was | 我发现我这辈子有一件后悔的事 |
[31:58] | the state of my relationship with Sherlock. | 就是我跟夏洛克的关系 |
[32:02] | I hadn’t asked him to see if he’d be a match. | 我没有问过他是否跟我的骨髓匹配 |
[32:04] | You see, I hadn’t even told him I was ill. | 我甚至都没有告诉他我病了 |
[32:07] | And as my condition improved, I decided | 但随着我的病情好转 我决定 |
[32:10] | I’d figure out an approach; | 要想出一个办法 |
[32:12] | some way to make things better. | 来弥补我们之间的关系 |
[32:15] | But then, of course, he showed up on my doorstep yesterday, | 可是 当他昨天出现在我家时 |
[32:17] | and I just… | 我就… |
[32:19] | fell into old habits. | 又回到了从前的状态 |
[32:22] | You’re obviously Sherlock’s friend. | 很明显夏洛克把你当朋友 |
[32:26] | As I mentioned, Sherlock’s never had any friends. | 我说过 夏洛克从来没有过朋友 |
[32:29] | Many colleagues, never a friend… | 他有很多同事 但从没有朋友 |
[32:32] | until you. | 你是第一个 |
[32:35] | I want to know how you did it. | 我想知道你是怎么做到的 |
[32:38] | I want to know… | 我想知道 |
[32:41] | how does one become Sherlock Holmes’ friend? | 怎么才能成为夏洛克·福尔摩斯的朋友 |
[32:48] | Look, I owe you an apology… | 听着 我欠你一句抱歉 |
[32:52] | for not protecting you when we worked together. | 因为我们共事时我没有保护你 |
[32:58] | Protecting me from what? | 保护我什么 |
[33:00] | From the spotlight, the attention. | 不受媒体的关注 |
[33:04] | Those were some of the best days of my career. | 那是我职业生涯中最美好的一段时间 |
[33:07] | You know, my name was in the paper, | 报纸上印着我的名字 |
[33:09] | my face was on the telly. | 电视上播着我的画面 |
[33:12] | The whole thing, it was, it was… | 整件事情都很…很… |
[33:13] | It was intoxicating, hm? | 让你很上瘾是吗 |
[33:14] | Yeah, well, I was gonna say it was everything | 我准备说那就是 |
[33:16] | I dreamed about being a policeman, | 我当警察所梦想的一切 |
[33:17] | but that as well, yeah. | 不过你说得也对 |
[33:20] | I’m glad we helped so many people. | 我很高兴我们帮了很多人 |
[33:22] | Well, I helped them. | 是我帮的 |
[33:23] | You only said you did. | 你光说不做 |
[33:24] | Well, I… | 我… |
[33:25] | No… | 不 |
[33:27] | my carelessness had a negative impact, | 我的粗心大意造成了负面影响 |
[33:29] | and, um… | 所以 |
[33:32] | I’d like to, uh, I’d like to make amends. | 我想…我想做一些补偿 |
[33:38] | So, um… I just, I-I-I wrote some… | 所以 我…我写了点… |
[33:41] | I wrote some things… | 我写了点东西… |
[33:42] | Hello. | 不是吧 |
[33:44] | It says here that… | 这里写着 |
[33:46] | Pendry had this handyman, this guy called Nick Ginn. | 彭德里的这个杂务工 尼克·吉恩 |
[33:48] | and he was a small-time villain, | 他是个小痞子 |
[33:49] | and we had him in for questioning. | 他们抓了他并进行了审问 |
[33:50] | But he had an alibi the night of the murder. | 但是在谋杀那晚他有不在场证据 |
[33:53] | All right, now it says | 好吧 这里写着 |
[33:54] | that he bought a 3D printer | 他在玛丽·彭德里死前一周 |
[33:55] | one week before Mary Pendry died. | 买了一台3D打印机 |
[34:00] | Pendry paid him to buy the printer. | 彭德里雇他去买打印机 |
[34:03] | And then he built the gun. | 然后打印了那把枪 |
[34:06] | Now if Ginn still has the printer, | 如果吉恩还留着那台打印机 |
[34:08] | or if we can compel him to confirm our hypothesis, | 或者我们让他承认我们的推测是对的 |
[34:11] | We can prove… | 那我们就能证明 |
[34:13] | that I was right. | 我是对的 |
[34:17] | Open up, Nicky! | 开门 尼基 |
[34:26] | I sorted it, you know. | 我想到了 |
[34:27] | Sorted what? | 想到什么了 |
[34:29] | A way you can make amends. | 你补偿的方法 |
[34:32] | Let me take the credit for this one, | 这次的功劳归我 |
[34:34] | and we’ll be square. | 我们就扯平了 |
[34:36] | Come on, I deserve it. | 这次可是我应得的 |
[34:42] | Pendry’s mine. | 彭德里是我的了 |
[35:06] | Nicholas Ginn. | 尼古拉斯·基恩 |
[35:08] | I obviously riled Pendry | 我今天检查那颗烧焦的钉子时 |
[35:09] | when I examined the charred nail today. | 很明显把彭德里激怒了 |
[35:12] | He decided to tie up loose ends | 他决定杀了他的同伙 |
[35:14] | by murdering his accomplice. | 以铲除后患 |
[35:16] | He cleaned the scene quite meticulously. | 他非常细致地清扫了现场 |
[35:18] | Yeah, I passed DCI Hopkins on the way in. | 是的 我在来的路上遇到了霍普金斯 |
[35:19] | He didn’t seem very happy. | 他不是很高兴 |
[35:21] | He knows I’ve been helping Lestrade. | 他知道我一直在帮雷斯垂德 |
[35:23] | He wants me to give up his location, | 他想让我告诉他雷斯垂德在哪 |
[35:25] | but I would prefer not to | 但是在彭德里的案子 |
[35:26] | until his case against Pendry has been made. | 搞定之前我还不想告诉他 |
[35:28] | And yet… | 可现在 |
[35:31] | I don’t suppose you found a 3D printer in here? | 我想你在这里没有找到3D打印机吧 |
[35:33] | Pendry obviously destroyed that ages ago. | 很显然彭德里早就把它处理掉了 |
[35:36] | Why obviously? | 为什么很显然 |
[35:37] | Ginn is six-foot-four. | 吉恩身高有两米一 |
[35:38] | He has at least two stone on Pendry. | 他至少比彭德里重13公斤 |
[35:41] | If he still had access to the printer, | 如果他还能拿到打印机 |
[35:42] | don’t you think he would’ve built himself | 难道他不会自己再造一把枪 |
[35:43] | another gun to kill Ginn, hmm? | 然后杀了吉恩吗 |
[35:46] | It would’ve been the safer way to go by far. | 这才是比较保险的做法 |
[35:47] | There’s just so little here that makes sense. | 这里的一切都太不合理了 |
[35:51] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:52] | He used one of the victim’s own knives to kill him. | 他用了死者家里的一把刀来杀他 |
[35:55] | You think a planner like Pendry | 你觉得像彭德里这么有计划的人 |
[35:56] | would’ve brought a weapon of his own. | 应该会自己带武器 |
[35:58] | Also the stab wound was obviously | 而且这个伤口很明显 |
[36:01] | the result of a left-handed blow. | 是被一个左撇子捅的 |
[36:03] | But Pendry is right-handed, | 但彭德里习惯用右手 |
[36:05] | so why would he use his non-dominant hand | 他为什么要用不常用的手 |
[36:07] | to stab someone to death? | 来捅死这个人呢 |
[36:08] | You knew Pendry was a righty, right? | 你知道彭德里惯用右手 对吧 |
[36:11] | Yeah, of course. | 对 当然 |
[36:15] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[36:48] | Well, I was wrong, Watson. | 我之前错了 华生 |
[36:50] | Pendry does still have a printer. | 彭德里的确还留着打印机 |
[36:53] | And he used it to build another gun. | 而且用它造了另一把枪 |
[36:58] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[36:59] | I have a confession to make. | 我要向你坦白 |
[37:00] | Miss Watson is not, in fact, | 华生小姐事实上不是 |
[37:02] | a home security specialist. | 家庭安全专家 |
[37:05] | Dan, pick up the phone for God’s sake. | 唐 看在上帝的份上接电话 |
[37:07] | I’ve got police in my house and I need my solicitor. | 警察闯入了我家 我需要律师 |
[37:11] | If that’s what you’re here for, | 如果你来这就是为了那个 |
[37:12] | then just take it and leave. | 那拿着它离开 |
[37:13] | This? No, no, you’ve changed this since yesterday. | 这个 不 昨天你就把它换掉了 |
[37:16] | Anyway, we’re not here regarding the murder of your wife Mary. | 我们不是为了你妻子玛丽的谋杀案而来 |
[37:19] | We’re here about the death of Nicholas Ginn. | 是为了尼古拉斯·基恩的死亡案而来 |
[37:22] | – Who? – Your ex-handyman. | -谁 -你的前杂物工 |
[37:24] | The one who bought the printer that made the gun | 是他买来打印机 你用其制造了 |
[37:25] | you used to kill Mary. | 谋杀玛丽的枪 |
[37:27] | After I looked at that nail, you panicked. | 在我查看钉子后你慌了 |
[37:29] | You went to wherever you’re hiding the printer, | 你去了用来藏打印机的地方 |
[37:30] | and you built yourself another gun. | 制造了另一把枪 |
[37:32] | You went to kill Ginn. | 你去杀基恩 |
[37:34] | But when you fired, | 但是当你开枪时 |
[37:35] | the gun exploded in your hand. | 枪在你手上爆炸了 |
[37:36] | When you killed Mary, | 你谋杀玛丽的时候 |
[37:38] | you used a special-order .22-caliber round. | 你用的是特制的0.22口径的圆弹头 |
[37:40] | Today, you were in a hurry. | 今天 因为你很慌张 |
[37:42] | You used a .22 long. | 你用的是0.22口径长弹[大众款子弹 一般用于步枪] |
[37:43] | Mm. Higher velocity bullet can cause | 而速度较高的子弹 |
[37:45] | the plastic pistol to explode. | 容易引起塑料手枪爆炸 |
[37:47] | Ginn lunged at you. | 基恩向你扑来时 |
[37:48] | You grabbed a knife with your uninjured left hand. | 你用未受伤的左手抓起了一把刀 |
[37:51] | The heavier man | 大块头的他 |
[37:52] | threw himself onto the blade. | 就自己撞到了刀刃上 |
[37:53] | You did a decent job of cleaning the scene. | 犯罪现场清扫得很干净 |
[37:56] | You found every piece of the gun. | 你几乎找到了所有枪的碎片 |
[37:58] | Except for the pieces that landed in Ginn’s fruit. | 除了迸溅到基恩水果里的那些 |
[38:01] | Now, if you fired the weapon, | 如果你的确开了枪 |
[38:02] | you’d have wounds on your right forearm. | 你的右手手臂就会有伤 |
[38:05] | We just need to take a look. | 我们只需检查一下 |
[38:06] | Mm. Which, as it happens, is exactly | 而刚好不巧 我们有调查令 |
[38:09] | what his warrant empowers him to do. | 允许他可以这么做 |
[38:12] | It’s going to be your solicitor. | 应该是你的律师打来的 |
[38:14] | You can just tell him you’re heading into custody. | 你可以告诉他你要被拘留了 |
[38:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:32] | Well, lads, you can take me to Nick. | 好了 伙计们 我们可以去监狱了 |
[38:33] | Detective? | 警探 |
[38:36] | I thank you not to take credit | 感谢你没有在这件案子里 |
[38:37] | for any of my insights into the case. | 用我的见解邀功 |
[38:40] | Right, so your whole making it up to me | 所以你对我所有的补偿 |
[38:43] | was just a complete and utter lie. | 就是一个彻头彻尾的谎言 |
[38:45] | Was it? | 是这样吗 |
[38:46] | I will not enable you anymore. | 我再也不会帮你了 |
[38:48] | I am withdrawing your drug of choice. | 我会收回让你上瘾的药引 |
[38:52] | Right. | 好的 |
[38:53] | It’s back to obscurity for me then. | 我重回默默无闻的时代了 |
[38:56] | Don’t be a stranger. | 保持联系 |
[39:04] | Of course, I stay current | 当然了 我注意到了 |
[39:06] | to the capabilities of the 3D printers. | 3D打印机的作用 |
[39:09] | I always knew that Lawrence Pendry | 一直以来我都知道劳伦斯·彭德里 |
[39:12] | was, in fact, guilty and had actually murdered his wife. | 是有罪的 而且谋杀了他的妻子 |
[39:15] | I just needed to figure out how and… and why. | 我只需找出他的手法和动机 |
[39:18] | He called your bluff. | 他还说你虚张声势 |
[39:21] | He knows you’ll never step forward to take the credit. | 他知道你永远不会露面邀功的 |
[39:25] | Curious. | 很奇异 |
[39:27] | I never felt this particular cocktail of emotions. | 我从来没有过这么特别的情绪 |
[39:31] | Anger, exasperation… | 愤怒 恼怒 |
[39:34] | and a hint of… | 还有一些… |
[39:37] | Worry? | 担心 |
[39:39] | Yeah, well, welcome to caring about an addict. | 好吧 欢迎关注一个瘾君子 |
[39:58] | All right, Fatty, let’s make this quick. | 胖胖 有话快说 |
[39:59] | Watson and I have a plane to catch. | 我和华生还要赶飞机 |
[40:02] | You said it was urgent. | 你说了是急事 |
[40:03] | Take a seat, would you? | 先坐下 |
[40:05] | Only take a moment. | 就一小会 |
[40:13] | I lied to you the other day, | 那天我对你撒谎了 |
[40:14] | when I said I’d given all your stuff to charity. | 我说我把你的东西捐给慈善商店了 |
[40:18] | It’s in storage. | 其实都存放起来了 |
[40:20] | Over there, behind that door. | 在那边 那个门后面 |
[40:28] | I bet you expect me to thank you, don’t you? | 我打赌你希望我谢谢你 对吗 |
[40:30] | Well, you’re lucky I didn’t turn it all in to the police. | 我没把它交给警察算你走运 |
[40:32] | Your collection included, amongst other things, | 你的那些收藏里包括 |
[40:34] | a real shrunken head, | 一个缩瘪的头颅 |
[40:35] | what appeared to be an authentic Picasso | 看起来像是真的毕加索 |
[40:38] | and an entire series of books on homemade bomb building. | 还有一整套介绍自制建筑爆破炸弹的书 |
[40:44] | It’s remarkable. | 真是不可思议 |
[40:46] | You’re too lazy to even maintain a proper ruse. | 你已经懒到都不想一个合适的诡计了 |
[40:49] | We’re not gonna fight, Sherlock. | 不管你多想吵架 夏洛克 |
[40:51] | No matter how much you want to. | 我不会和你吵的 |
[40:58] | Something’s wrong. | 感觉不太对 |
[41:00] | You’re too calm. | 你过于冷静了 |
[41:04] | The other night at dinner, | 那天晚饭的时候 |
[41:05] | I sought a little advice from Joan | 我向乔恩寻求一点建议 |
[41:07] | about how best to communicate with you. | 关于如何最好地与你沟通 |
[41:10] | And why on earth would you want to do that? | 你究竟为何会想与我沟通 |
[41:13] | She said that when one has something to tell you, | 她说如果有事要告诉你 |
[41:17] | one must make really, really sure | 那必须十分确定 |
[41:21] | that you’re listening. | 你有在听 |
[41:34] | Books on bomb building. | 看来你看了那套书 |
[41:40] | I consider us even now. | 我觉得我们现在扯平了 |
[41:44] | Which means I can tell you I forgive you. | 意味着我可以跟你讲我原谅你了 |
[41:48] | For everything. | 所有一切 |
[41:54] | Have a safe trip back to the colonies. | 祝你回美利坚殖民地一路顺风 |
[41:56] | And know that things are different between us now. | 记住我们之间不同以往了 |
[42:12] | Hey, I was just about to call you. | 我正准备给你打电话呢 |
[42:17] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[42:18] | I believe I’ve just made a rapprochement | 我想我刚和我哥哥 |
[42:20] | with my brother. | 达成和解了 |
[42:22] | Oh, that’s great. | 那太好了 |
[42:24] | He used a homemade explosive device | 他用自制的爆炸装置 |
[42:25] | to destroy what was left of my things. | 炸毁了我留下的东西 |
[42:30] | Ah. | 这样啊 |
[42:32] | Sounds like maybe he’s a little more like you than you thought. | 听起来你俩比你所以为的更加相似 |
[42:35] | Art in the blood, Watson. | 这是融入骨血的艺术气息 华生 |
[42:38] | It takes the strangest forms. | 虽然表现形式差异巨大 |
[00:02] | Apparently the mayor’s gonna hinge his reelection campaign | 显然市长准备把竞选连任的重点放在 |
[00:04] | on the renewed vigilance when it comes to quality of life crimes, | 最近重新兴起的对杀人犯特点的警惕上 |
[00:08] | so keep it in mind when you’re out there doing real work. | 你们在外面工作的时候要记住这一点 |
[00:12] | Captain? | 警监 |
[00:14] | Guy walked in, said he needs to see the man in charge. | 这人走进来 说要见负责人 |
[00:17] | Are you the Lord here? | 你是这的大人吗 |
[00:18] | He keeps saying “Lord.” | 他一直用”大人”这个词 |
[00:19] | I took it to mean “captain” | 我理解为他是指”警监” |
[00:21] | Tom Gregson. Can I help you? | 我是汤姆·格雷森 有什么能帮你的 |
[00:23] | I am the Knight. | 我是骑士 |
[00:26] | I was dubbed. | 我曾被授予头衔 |
[00:27] | Now I am the Knight. | 现在我是骑士 |
[00:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:32] | That’s why I had to kill the Queen. | 所以我必须杀死王后 |
[00:35] | You killed the Queen? | 你杀死了王后吗 |
[00:36] | It was my duty. | 这是我的使命 |
[00:38] | I had to kill her. | 我必须杀死她 |
[00:40] | I had to. | 必须这么做 |
[00:41] | – Gun! – It was my duty. | -有枪 -这是我的使命 |
[00:43] | Hey! | 请注意 |
[00:43] | If you pick up that gun, | 一旦你拿起那把枪 |
[00:45] | this is gonna end fast and ugly. | 事态可就一发不可收拾了 |
[00:48] | I’m the Knight. | 我是骑士 |
[00:48] | Holmes, stay back, stay back! | 福尔摩斯 后退 快后退 |
[00:50] | – I was dubbed. – Sir, I’m gonna ask you | -我曾被授予头衔的 -先生 |
[00:52] | one more time– step away from that weapon. | 我再提醒你一遍 远离武器 |
[00:55] | Can I try something? | 能让我试试吗 |
[00:56] | Try it fast. | 速度要快 |
[01:01] | The, uh, scarf on your wrist? | 你手腕上的丝巾 |
[01:04] | On your wrist. It… | 系在你手腕上的 它… |
[01:05] | It… | 它… |
[01:14] | As I was saying, I noticed the scarf straightaway. | 如我所说 我第一眼就注意到了那条丝巾 |
[01:17] | This is an extremely compelling story, Mr. Holmes, | 你的故事非常引人入胜 福尔摩斯先生 |
[01:19] | but I asked about the James Dylan case. | 但我询问的是詹姆斯·迪兰的案子 |
[01:22] | The incident you’re describing | 但你所陈述的事件 |
[01:23] | is connected to the murder of Rada Hollingsworth. | 却和蕾达·霍林沃斯的谋杀案有关 |
[01:26] | Which is, in turn, inextricably linked | 而此案恰恰与詹姆斯·迪兰的案子 |
[01:28] | to the tale of James Dylan. | 有着密不可分的关系 |
[01:30] | If you would just answer the question I asked you. | 请直接回答我的问题 |
[01:32] | I am answering the question, | 我正在回答你的问题 |
[01:33] | just more precisely than you intended me to. | 只是比你要求的更精确而已 |
[01:37] | You cannot understand one incident | 如果你不先了解另外一件事 |
[01:38] | without first understanding the other. | 就无法弄清眼前的这件事 |
[01:48] | As I was saying… | 正如我所说 |
[01:50] | The scarf on your wrist– | 你手腕上的丝巾 |
[01:52] | was it a favor from your lady? | 是你家小姐的赏赐吗 |
[01:54] | Yes. Belonged to my Queen. | 是的 这是王后的 |
[01:58] | Then it must be returned to her. | 那你必须还给她 |
[02:01] | Knight’s code commands it, yeah? | 骑士守则是这么要求的 对吧 |
[02:03] | You give it to me, I’ll have a squire bring it to her. | 你把它给我 我会请侍从带还给她 |
[02:09] | Here. | 过来 |
[02:10] | Allow me, sir. | 让我来吧 先生 |
[02:14] | Go down. | 趴下 |
[02:15] | – Down! – No! | -趴下 -不 |
[02:20] | Knight’s Code? What is that? | 骑士守则 那是什么 |
[02:22] | Uh, it’s oral tradition. | 这是个口口相传的传统 |
[02:24] | The man’s clearly schizophrenic, but… | 这人显然患有精神分裂 |
[02:27] | his delusions are based on, uh… on actual history. | 但他的幻想错觉 是基于一定史实的 |
[02:29] | In the Middle Ages, | 在中世纪时期 |
[02:30] | a knight would often wear a token from their beloved. | 骑士往往会佩戴一件心爱之人的物品 |
[02:32] | Usually an article of clothing, a scarf. | 一般会是布制品 比如说丝巾 |
[02:36] | Any thoughts where the Queen who gave it to him might be? | 能想到给他丝巾的王后在哪吗 |
[02:40] | No, not just yet. | 不 还没想到 |
[02:42] | Give the man a minute, will you? | 让他休息一会 行吗 |
[02:43] | He’s a brave and brilliant instrument of justice. | 他是机智勇敢的执法利器 |
[02:46] | All we got to do is stay out of his way, | 我们所要做的 就是别打扰他 |
[02:48] | and he’ll lead us right to the truth. | 他一定会带我们找到真相的 |
[02:50] | I got to throw a flag on the play. | 容许我提出异议 |
[02:53] | Now, I’ve known Tommy Gregson a long time. | 我和汤米·格雷森是老相识了 |
[02:58] | I’m guessing he didn’t actually say that. | 我觉得他不会说这种话 |
[03:01] | He may have used different words to make the same point. | 也许措辞不同 但表达的是同一个意思 |
[03:03] | Mr. Holmes, | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[03:04] | do me a favor? | 就算帮我个忙 |
[03:05] | Spare us the flourishes. | 别再夸夸其谈了 |
[03:07] | You’re under oath, and that oath counts. | 你宣过誓了 并且誓言有效 |
[03:09] | This is a real hearing presided over by a real judge. | 这是一场由正牌法官主持的正式听证会 |
[03:13] | Of course, Your Honor. | 您说的是 法官大人 |
[03:15] | It is an administrative hearing. | 这是一场行政听证会 |
[03:18] | This court represents neither state nor federal law, | 开庭的依据既不是州也不是联邦政府法律 |
[03:22] | but rather the dictates of the police department of New York. | 而是纽约警局的要求 |
[03:25] | So, “real judge,” while not technically inaccurate, | 所以”正牌法官”这个说法 与其说不准确 |
[03:30] | seems like an overstatement. | 不如说是言过其实 |
[03:32] | By all means, | 不管怎样 |
[03:33] | let’s be 100% accurate. | 只要我们都百分百准确就行 |
[03:36] | I do only represent the police department of New York. | 我确实只代表了纽约警局 |
[03:41] | We’re here today because you screwed up. | 今天我们在这是因为你犯了错 |
[03:43] | And the NYPD has empowered me, | 而纽约警局授权我 |
[03:45] | as a technically real judge, | 作为严格意义上的正牌法官 |
[03:49] | to determine the magnitude of said screw-up, | 来判断所谓错误的严重程度 |
[03:52] | and to make a recommendation | 并对你和你的搭档 |
[03:54] | as to whether or not you and your partner | 能否继续待在这座城市 |
[03:57] | can continue your relationship with the city. | 与警方合作作出评估 |
[04:00] | Now, is that accurate enough for you? | 这个说法对你来说够准确了吗 |
[04:43] | We’re here today because of one particular breach of protocol. | 我们今天要审理的是一起特定的违法案件 |
[04:46] | Alleged breach of protocol. | 涉嫌违法案件 |
[04:48] | Alleged breach of protocol. | 好吧 涉嫌违法案件 |
[04:50] | I’m curious, though. | 不过我很好奇 |
[04:51] | Would you say the incident is part of a larger pattern? | 你同意这起事件只是更大规模案件的一部分吗 |
[04:54] | – Tommy. – Commissioner. | -汤米 – 局长 |
[05:00] | So how about it, Mr. Holmes? | 你怎么说 福尔摩斯先生 |
[05:01] | Is this all part of a larger pattern? | 这起事件只是更大规模案件的一部分吗 |
[05:03] | I’m sorry. I don’t follow you. | 不好意思 我不明白你的意思 |
[05:05] | Do you routinely break the law | 你是否一直在调查过程中 |
[05:06] | during the course of your investigations? | 违反法律 |
[05:08] | Ah, not that I recall, no. | 在我的印象中 没有 |
[05:11] | So you’ve never broken the law? | 所以你从未犯过法吗 |
[05:13] | Everyone breaks the law, Ms. Walker. | 每个人都犯过法 沃克女士 |
[05:16] | Case in point. | 举个例子 |
[05:17] | You have been precisely seven minutes early | 我们每次会面 |
[05:18] | for every meeting we’ve ever had. | 你都会正好早到七分钟 |
[05:20] | You arrange your notebooks | 每天你排列笔记本的 |
[05:21] | exactly the same way each day. | 方式都完全一致 |
[05:22] | You position a small photograph of an eleventh-century bust | 你会放一张十一世纪的半身雕像照片 |
[05:25] | so that you can look at it before you begin your work. | 每次开工前都会看上一眼 |
[05:27] | Are you suggesting that someone as bound by routine | 你是说如你这般循规蹈矩的人 |
[05:29] | such as yourself has never crossed | 从没因为赶时间 |
[05:31] | against the traffic lights in order to keep to a schedule? | 而闯红灯过马路吗 |
[05:33] | I’m not talking about that kind of law-breaking. | 我不是指那方面的犯法 |
[05:36] | So, some degree of criminality is acceptable, | 所以某种程度的犯法可以接受 |
[05:39] | the rest is just negotiating boundaries? | 而其他的就有待商榷吗 |
[05:42] | Answer the questions directly, Mr. Holmes. | 请直接回答问题 福尔摩斯先生 |
[05:45] | If you won’t do it out of respect for this institution, | 就算你不是出于对法庭的尊重 |
[05:48] | do it for the officer who’s in the hospital | 起码请你为了因此住院的警官 |
[05:50] | ’cause of what happened here. | 而配合我们的询问 |
[05:51] | I have never broken the law in a manner Ms. Walker suggests. | 我从未以沃克女士所指的形式触犯过法律 |
[05:54] | We have statements from several officers saying | 我们手里有好几位警官的证词 |
[05:56] | they have no idea how you and your partner | 表示他们不知道你和你的搭档 |
[05:59] | get inside of so many private homes | 以何种方式进入 |
[06:00] | and businesses when nobody’s there. | 空无一人的私宅或机构 |
[06:02] | They all think you break in. | 他们都认为你们是非法入侵 |
[06:05] | So, you didn’t pick the lock on Victor Nardin’s apartment? | 难道你没撬开维克多·纳丁公寓的门锁 |
[06:09] | You didn’t break into the McTierney Brothers Mortuary? | 也没闯进过麦迪尼兄弟停尸间吗 |
[06:13] | A couple of our officers even think | 有几位警官甚至认为 |
[06:15] | you’ve taught your partner how to do it. | 你还把这项技能传授给了搭档 |
[06:17] | The officers who told you those things are confused. | 这么说的警官一定是弄错了 |
[06:19] | You’re saying you didn’t enter those dwellings? | 你是说你没到过上述场所吗 |
[06:22] | Because you used evidence from inside those places. | 因为你使用了原本放在那些地方的证据 |
[06:26] | No. Ms. Watson and I entered those locations, | 不 华生小姐和我进入过那些场所 |
[06:29] | just not illegally. | 但不是以非法的方式 |
[06:30] | I’m not sure I understand. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[06:33] | It was quite some time ago, but if I remember correctly, | 事情过去挺久了 但如果我没记错的话 |
[06:37] | on most of those occasions, the doors were open. | 大多数情况下 门都是开着的 |
[06:39] | In New York City? | 在纽约市里 |
[06:41] | The front doors were open? | 会有地方门户大开吗 |
[06:42] | Not just unlocked, but actually open? | 不只是没有锁 而确实是开着的吗 |
[06:45] | I was surprised, as well. | 对此我也很惊讶 |
[06:47] | In several other instances, | 还有几次 |
[06:49] | we thought we heard cries for help. | 我们认为听到了呼救的声音 |
[06:50] | They turned out to be televisions | 结果是声音被调大的电视机 |
[06:52] | with the volume turned up. | 发出的声音 |
[06:53] | So there’s an epidemic of people | 所以现在人们流行 |
[06:55] | leaving their TVs on? | 不在家的时候开着电视吗 |
[06:56] | Once we mistook the cries | 有一次 我们误以为 |
[06:57] | of a small puppy for a baby in distress. | 小狗的叫声是遇险婴儿的哭声 |
[07:01] | Your Honor, allow me to register my skepticism. | 法官大人 请将我的怀疑记录在案 |
[07:04] | Registered, but unless you’ve got a witness | 已记录 但除非你能找到证人 |
[07:07] | who can contradict Mr. Holmes’ testimony… | 可以反驳福尔摩斯先生的证词 |
[07:10] | How could she? | 怎么可能 |
[07:10] | Miss Watson and I were the only ones present. | 只有华生小姐和我在场 |
[07:12] | Oh, I’ll be asking Miss Watson what happened. | 我会询问华生小姐的 |
[07:14] | Excellent. That should clear things up. | 很好 那就都清楚了 |
[07:17] | So, someone walked into the eleventh precinct with a shotgun. | 所以 有人带着一把猎枪走进第十一分局 |
[07:22] | This has something to do with the James Dylan incident… | 这跟詹姆斯·迪兰案有一些关系 |
[07:25] | No, it has everything to do with it. | 不 是有千丝万缕的关系 |
[07:27] | Having disarmed the Knight, | 解除骑士的武装之后 |
[07:28] | we turned our attention to establishing his identity | 我们将注意力转向确定 |
[07:31] | and that of the Queen. | 他和王后的身份 |
[07:33] | Does anyone ever call you anything besides “The Knight”? | 除了”骑士” 你还有别的名字吗 |
[07:37] | It was my duty to kill the Queen. | 杀死王后是我的使命 |
[07:41] | I-I was summoned to her lair | 我被召唤到她的巢穴 |
[07:43] | and told that only in death | 并被告知只有死亡 |
[07:46] | would her soul be saved from the demons. | 才能将她的灵魂从魔鬼手中解救出来 |
[07:49] | Th-This lair– | 这个巢穴 |
[07:51] | do you have any idea where it is? | 你知道它在哪里吗 |
[07:54] | It was my sworn duty. | 那是我宣过誓的使命 |
[07:56] | This is going nowhere. | 这么问不会有结果的 |
[07:58] | He’s schizophrenic, in the middle of a psychotic episode. | 他有精神分裂症 正在发病期 |
[08:01] | It’s going to be days | 要用很长时间治疗并服用 |
[08:01] | and a lot of risperidone before he starts making sense. | 利培酮[精神分裂药物]才能让他恢复正常 |
[08:04] | Not a time frame that bodes well for the Queen, | 那么长时间对王后来说可不是好兆头 |
[08:07] | on the off chance she is still alive. | 时间越长 她还活着的几率越小 |
[08:10] | Well, there’s blood in the treads of his boots. | 他的靴子底上有血迹 |
[08:12] | Probably hers. | 可能是她的 |
[08:15] | Two receipts, both for early-morning coffee runs. | 两张收据 买的都是大清早的咖啡 |
[08:17] | One at 6:27 A.M., one at 6:36, | 一张是早上6:27 一张是6:36 |
[08:20] | both from the same bodega on West 20th and Fifth Avenue. | 都是来自西二十街第五大道路口的酒馆 |
[08:24] | Well, maybe he lives in the Flatiron District. | 可能他住在熨斗区 |
[08:26] | Along with hundreds of thousands of other people. | 跟其他几十万人一起 |
[08:28] | Only one of them is named Silas Cole. | 他们中只有一个叫塞拉斯·科尔 |
[08:32] | I texted his picture to a friend of mine | 我把他的照片发给了一个 |
[08:34] | who works the psych E.R. at Sanbridge. | 圣桥医院精神科急诊室的朋友 |
[08:37] | She recognized him. | 她认出了他 |
[08:38] | I set her free. | 我给了她自由 |
[08:40] | Captain, the man’s name is Silas Cole. | 警监 那个人名叫塞拉斯·科尔 |
[08:42] | He lives in the Flatiron District. | 他住在熨斗区 |
[08:43] | We’ll have an address for you momentarily. | 我们会马上给你个地址 |
[08:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:46] | I’ll get a warrant for his place. | 我去为他家申请一个搜查令 |
[08:52] | This does not fill me with optimism for the Queen. | 这让我对王后的处境很不乐观 |
[08:55] | Well, the figure on the right is obviously Silas, | 右边的人显然是塞拉斯 |
[08:59] | which would suggest | 也就是说 |
[09:00] | the Queen is a real person, as well. | 王后也是个真实的人物 |
[09:02] | Yeah, but how do we know for sure that’s the Queen? | 对 但我们怎么确定那就是王后呢 |
[09:05] | I mean, I don’t see any crown. | 我没有看到王冠 |
[09:07] | In the Middle Ages, only royalty were allowed | 在中世纪 只有皇室成员才能 |
[09:08] | to wear purple and ermine. | 穿紫色衣服和貂皮 |
[09:11] | That is most certainly Silas’s Queen. | 那应该就是塞拉斯的王后 |
[09:14] | And he did rather a good job with the likeness. | 而且他画得很像 |
[09:19] | Oh. So she was his girlfriend. | 所以她是他的女朋友 |
[09:23] | Seriously? That guy’s in no shape to be dating anyone. | 真的吗 他看起来不像是会有约会的人 |
[09:26] | Well, you don’t know what he was like on his meds. | 你不知道他吃完药是什么样 |
[09:29] | Silas and his queen were together | 塞拉斯和他的王后 |
[09:30] | till about six months ago, I would venture. | 半年前分手了 我大胆猜测一下 |
[09:33] | These photographs– all taken over the last three years. | 这些照片 都是过去三年里拍的 |
[09:36] | There are none from last summer. | 却从去年夏天开始中断了 |
[09:40] | Maybe she’s the one who broke up with him. | 也许是她把他甩了 |
[09:42] | Okay, look at this necklace. | 看这条项链 |
[09:44] | Maybe he gave it to her as a gift. | 也许是他给她的礼物 |
[09:46] | She gave it back to him when they broke up. | 他们分手时她还给他了 |
[09:49] | Her name starts with an “R”” | 她的名字以R开头 |
[09:51] | There’s a whole stack of fashion magazines here. | 这里有一大堆时尚杂志 |
[09:53] | Last year’s issue… | 去年发行的… |
[09:57] | Subscription mailing label’s addressed to Rada Hollingsworth. | 订阅标签上写着蕾达·霍林沃斯 |
[10:00] | She lives on 23rd. | 她住在第二十三大街 |
[10:02] | So, Detective Bell was actually the one | 所以贝尔警探才是查明 |
[10:04] | who identified Ms. Hollingsworth as “The Queen.” | 霍林沃斯小姐就是 “王后”的人 |
[10:08] | A substantial contribution to the case, wouldn’t you say? | 对案情有重大贡献 不是吗 |
[10:11] | Yes. One of many he’s made during our work together. | 对 我们共事过程中他的诸多贡献之一 |
[10:14] | Sounds like you regard him as a real asset to the department. | 听起来你觉得他是警局的重要人才 |
[10:19] | Detective Bell is several standard deviations above the norm. | 贝尔警探比普通标准要高出几个档次 |
[10:22] | I’ve always regarded him as such. | 我一直很欣赏他 |
[10:24] | Your affection for the man really shines through. | 你对他的欣赏表现得非常明显 |
[10:28] | According to your deposition, | 根据你的证词 |
[10:29] | when you got to Rada Hollingsworth’s apartment, | 当你们到达蕾达·霍林沃斯的公寓时 |
[10:32] | the door was wide open. | 门是大开着的 |
[10:34] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[10:37] | It was. | 确实如此 |
[10:38] | Ms. Hollingsworth? | 霍林沃斯小姐 |
[10:43] | Ms. Hollingsworth? | 霍林沃斯小姐 |
[10:58] | In here! | 在这里 |
[11:08] | Looks like she’s been dead for a couple hours. | 看来她已经死了几个小时了 |
[11:12] | These must be Silas’s boot prints. | 这些一定是塞拉斯的靴印 |
[11:18] | All right, I’m gonna call the station. | 好吧 我给局里打电话 |
[11:19] | Tell ’em to book Cole. | 让他们拘捕科尔 |
[11:21] | Don’t. | 慢着 |
[11:23] | You know, I’m not convinced that Silas Cole killed this woman. | 我不确信塞拉斯·科尔杀了她 |
[11:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:27] | Silas Cole walked into the station | 塞拉斯·科尔拿着散弹枪 |
[11:29] | holding a shotgun and confessed. | 走进警局自首 |
[11:32] | You were standing there looking at his footprints, | 你站在那里看着他的脚印 |
[11:34] | and your first thought was he didn’t kill Rada Hollingsworth? | 而你的第一想法却是他没有杀人 |
[11:38] | Not my first thought. | 不是我的第一想法 |
[11:40] | I tend to have thoughts in rapid succession. | 我的思考过程很快 |
[11:42] | She’d been shot in the chest, rib cage. Her heart… | 她胸部中弹 肋骨处 她的心脏 |
[11:45] | had essentially been obliterated. | 基本被打碎了 |
[11:48] | The Knight wouldn’t do that. | 骑士不会那么做的 |
[11:51] | Silas Cole said he killed her | 塞拉斯·科尔说他杀她 |
[11:52] | in order to save her soul. | 是为了拯救她的灵魂 |
[11:55] | In the Middle Ages, the heart was not just a symbol | 在中世纪 心脏不光是 |
[11:57] | of romantic love. It was the vessel for the soul. | 浪漫爱情的象征 也是灵魂的容器 |
[12:01] | So for him to shoot her in her heart– | 所以对他来说 朝她的心脏开枪 |
[12:04] | in the universe of his delusions– | 在他的幻想世界中 |
[12:05] | he would be sentencing her to eternal damnation. | 会让她遭受永恒的诅咒 |
[12:08] | He wouldn’t do that. He loved her. | 他不会那么做 他爱她 |
[12:10] | And the confession? The…footprints? | 那他的招供呢 脚印呢 |
[12:14] | Silas Cole was acting in diminished capacity. | 塞拉斯·科尔行动能力很弱 |
[12:17] | He may well have believed he was responsible, even if he wasn’t. | 他也许相信是他干的 即使实际并非如此 |
[12:19] | As to the footprints, there’s no question | 关于那些脚印 毫无疑问 |
[12:21] | that he was in the apartment. | 他曾经在那间公寓里 |
[12:22] | I just don’t believe he pulled the trigger. | 我只是不相信他扣了扳机 |
[12:25] | Which means, of course, someone else did. | 也就是说 当然是别人干的 |
[12:31] | Your Honor, Ms. Watson is scheduled | 法官大人 华生小姐计划 |
[12:32] | to testify at this hearing. | 在这次听证会上作证 |
[12:34] | – She can’t be here. – Excuse me, Your Honor, | -她现在不能在场 -对不起 法官大人 |
[12:36] | I have an important message for Captain Gregson. | 我有重要的消息要告诉格雷森警监 |
[12:37] | His phone is off. | 他的手机关机了 |
[12:38] | I would not interrupt otherwise. | 否则我不会来打扰的 |
[12:43] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[12:44] | Mr. Holmes, while you’re on the stand in my courtroom, | 福尔摩斯先生 当你上庭时 |
[12:47] | you will limit yourself to testimony relevant to this case. | 你只能陈述与本案相关的证词 |
[12:52] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[12:54] | Yep. | 明白 |
[12:56] | Thanks for texting, Gretchen. What happened? | 多谢你发短信来 格莱琛 怎么了 |
[12:58] | While I was repairing the abdominal wall, | 在我修补腹壁时 |
[13:00] | a blood clot formed in the left ventricle. | 左心室形成了一个血栓 |
[13:03] | I thought this was supposed to be routine surgery. | 我以为这只是个常规手术 |
[13:05] | We thought he was out of the woods a few days ago, too. | 我们也以为他几天前就脱离险境了 |
[13:08] | There’s no such thing as “routine” | 不过当你从腹部中枪恢复时 |
[13:09] | when you’re recovering from a gunshot to the abdomen. | 就没有什么事是”常规”的了 |
[13:11] | What happened with the clot? | 血栓怎么样了 |
[13:12] | It got wedged in his right subclavian artery. | 它塞住了他的右锁骨下动脉 |
[13:15] | Obstructed the blood flow to his arm for about 30 minutes. | 阻碍血液流入他的胳膊长达半小时 |
[13:18] | So what’s the prognosis? | 预测结果如何 |
[13:20] | He might be fine. | 他也许会没事 |
[13:22] | Or…? | 或者 |
[13:23] | Or he may never regain full use of the limb. | 或者他可能再也无法拥有健全的手臂了 |
[13:28] | He’s in recovery. | 他正在恢复 |
[13:45] | Tell me again… | 再跟我说一遍 |
[13:47] | why they wait until five days | 为什么他们在他中枪之后 |
[13:49] | after he got shot to perform the operation. | 等了五天才给他动手术 |
[13:51] | They leave abdominal wounds open for a while. | 他们让腹部的伤口开放一段时间 |
[13:53] | It helps reduce infection. | 可以帮助减少感染 |
[13:54] | It’s absolutely standard procedure. | 这是绝对标准的程序 |
[13:57] | The timeline has nothing to do with the clot. | 时间线和血栓没有关系 |
[13:59] | He was still unconscious when I left. | 我离开时他依然是不省人事的 |
[14:00] | They’ll know more once he wakes up. | 当他醒来后他们就会知道更多了 |
[14:03] | I’m gonna go back to the hospital. | 我要回医院了 |
[14:04] | You should come when this is over. | 当这事结束的时候你也应该来 |
[14:07] | You haven’t visited Bell once since he was shot. | 自从贝尔中枪后你还没有探望过他 |
[14:10] | You asked me to grab you when we’re headed back in. | 你让我在重新开庭的时候告诉你 |
[14:14] | – Thank you for the news. – Hey. | -谢谢 -听着 |
[14:17] | Wide open doors? Puppies? | 打开的门 小狗 |
[14:20] | I’m just saying what I need to say to get us back to work. | 我只是说了让我们回去工作需要说的话 |
[14:22] | Well, it’s not just what you say. It’s how you say it. | 不仅是你说了什么 还有你怎样去说 |
[14:25] | You can hate what’s going on in there. | 你可以厌恶那里发生的事 |
[14:26] | You can think it’s beneath you. | 你可以觉得不屑一顾 |
[14:27] | But if the judge knows that you think that, | 但如果法官知道你那么想的话 |
[14:30] | how is that good for you? | 对你有什么好处呢 |
[14:33] | Be nice. | 友善点 |
[14:35] | It’s the smart play. | 这是需要谋略智慧的 |
[14:45] | 理解的前提 是意识到什么是 以及什么不是 我们能改变的事 | |
[14:56] | Did you put this on my desk? | 是你把这个放在我桌子上的吗 |
[14:58] | “At the head of all understanding is realizing | “理解的前提是意识到 |
[15:01] | what is and what cannot be | 什么是以及什么不是 |
[15:04] | and the consoling of what is not in our power to change” | 我们能改变的事” |
[15:08] | It’s a lovely sentiment. | 很可爱的观点 |
[15:10] | First expressed by the 11th century poet Solomon Ben Judah. | 出自十一世纪诗人所罗门·本·犹大 |
[15:15] | But you know that ’cause you’ve got a photograph | 不过你也知道因为在你的日程表上 |
[15:17] | of Ben Judah’s bust on your day planner. | 有本·犹大半身雕像的照片 |
[15:20] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[15:22] | The saying is thought to be an early derivation | 这段话被认为是静思祷告的 |
[15:24] | of the Serenity Prayer, | 早期起源 |
[15:26] | which is commonly recited by… | 被治疗期中的酗酒者和瘾君子 |
[15:29] | recovering alcoholics and drug addicts. | 广泛背诵 |
[15:32] | Is that why you keep the photograph? | 你是因为这个原因留着那张照片吗 |
[15:35] | As a gentle reminder of the prayer? | 作为做祷告的提示 |
[15:38] | Is this some kind of threat? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[15:41] | No. | 不 |
[15:44] | No, there’s nothing on earth that would make me reveal | 不是 这世界上没有什么会让我 |
[15:46] | a secret of that nature. | 泄漏那种秘密 |
[15:50] | It’s… it’s just a-a… tip of the cap, | 这只是… 一种致意 |
[15:54] | you know? | 明白吗 |
[15:56] | From one obsessive to another. | 同道中人之间的致意 |
[16:00] | Just an acknowledgment that the world we live in | 只是对我们所居住的世界 |
[16:02] | is so often too complicated for the rules we make | 经常因为各种制度和限制 |
[16:04] | to keep it orderly. | 而变得复杂的一种认同 |
[16:10] | Ms. Walker, ready when you are. | 沃克女士 你准备好就可以开始了 |
[16:17] | You heard about Marcus Bell’s complications, I take it. | 我假设你听说了马库斯·贝尔的并发症 |
[16:23] | Yes, of course. | 是的 |
[16:24] | I’m told they may have long-term implications for his career. | 我被告知这会对他的职业生涯有长期影响 |
[16:28] | In that light, I was wondering if you feel any regret | 从这个角度看的话 我想知道你 |
[16:30] | about your methods in this case. | 有没有后悔你在这个案子中用的方法 |
[16:33] | This is a courtroom, Ms. Walker, not a confessional. | 这是法庭 沃克女士 不是忏悔室 |
[16:36] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[16:38] | Let’s turn back to the Rada Hollingsworth investigation. | 让我们回到蕾达·霍林沃斯的调查 |
[16:42] | Yes, well, Captain Gregson did not agree with my assessment | 好 格雷森警监当时没有同意我关于 |
[16:44] | that Silas Cole was innocent of her murder, | 她的被杀和塞拉斯·科尔无关的观点 |
[16:46] | so Ms. Watson and I explored other avenues on our own. | 所以华生女士和我就另辟蹊径了 |
[16:49] | Ex-lovers, colleagues, a… | 以前的情人们 同事们 |
[16:51] | neighbor with designs on Rada’s apartment. | 设计过蕾达住所的一个邻居 |
[16:54] | All of those, dead ends. | 所有这些 一无所获 |
[16:55] | But in the course of exploring Rada’s life, | 但在调查蕾达生活的过程中 |
[16:59] | we learned that she was seeing an oncologist | 我们发现她在看一位叫菲尼斯·霍布斯的 |
[17:01] | named Dr. Phineas Hobbs. | 肿瘤学家 |
[17:03] | When had Ms. Hollingsworth been diagnosed with cancer? | 霍林沃斯女士是何时被诊断出癌症的 |
[17:06] | Seven months prior to her murder. | 在她被谋杀前七个月 |
[17:08] | Dr. Hobbs was administering a stage one drug trial | 霍布斯医生当时管理着蕾达的 |
[17:10] | – which Rada was enrolled in. – I’m sorry. Rada didn’t | -第一阶段药物试验 -抱歉 |
[17:13] | say anything to me about where she planned to go | 蕾达离开我办公室时 |
[17:15] | when she left my office. | 没说过她的去向 |
[17:17] | We tended to talk mostly about her diagnosis. | 我们主要都是在谈论她的治疗 |
[17:20] | I’m sure you understand. | 我相信你可以理解 |
[17:23] | She was really responding to the medication. | 她对药物的反应很好 |
[17:25] | It was beautiful to watch. | 很开心看到这些 |
[17:27] | I thought she might even go into remission. | 我觉得她甚至进入了缓解期 |
[17:29] | But, uh, I guess her ex-boyfriend had other ideas. | 但我猜她的前男友有不同的观点 |
[17:34] | Rada told you about her relationship with Silas? | 蕾达告诉过你她和塞拉斯的关系 |
[17:36] | Yes, she mentioned that her | 是的 她提过她前男友 |
[17:38] | former boyfriend was schizophrenic. | 是精神分裂症患者 |
[17:40] | She’d, uh, ask me for advice about it sometimes. | 她有时会寻求我的建议 |
[17:45] | I really had no idea | 我一直不知道 |
[17:46] | how sick the man was until he showed up here about… | 那人病得有多严重直到他在 |
[17:50] | about a week and a half before she died. | 她死前一周半前出现在这里 |
[17:52] | He was ranting. | 他在大吵大嚷 |
[17:54] | I thought about pursuing a committal. | 我考虑过通知医院来收监 |
[17:56] | I should have. Obviously. | 显然我应该这么做 |
[17:59] | Drug trials like yours are expensive, are they not? | 你的这种药物实验很昂贵 对吧 |
[18:01] | They’re rarely covered by insurance. | 保险只会管很小一部分 |
[18:04] | Rada Hollingsworth was a teacher. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯是名教师 |
[18:06] | Have you any sense as to how she paid for the study? | 你知道她是怎么支付这项研究的吗 |
[18:09] | I know exactly how she paid for it. | 我当然知道她是如何支付的 |
[18:11] | She cashed in her life insurance for a viatical settlement. | 她通过她人寿保险的离世前结算来付现 |
[18:14] | A viatical settlement is a repugnant, predatory arrangement | 离世前结算是指患不治之症者 |
[18:18] | whereby a terminally ill patient | 向第三方以低于到期收益价出售 |
[18:21] | signs away their future life insurance payment | 人寿保险单以便 |
[18:24] | in exchange for a monthly cash advance. | 活着时享用的安排 |
[18:26] | The company or individual making | 支付那些费用的公司或个人 |
[18:28] | those payments is essentially betting that their client | 本质上是打赌他们的客户 |
[18:30] | will die before the payments surpass the value of the policy. | 会在支付的数额超过保险价值之前就死去 |
[18:35] | In Ms. Hollingsworth’s case, the vulture circling overhead | 在霍林沃斯女士的案子里 守株待兔的 |
[18:39] | was an employee of a company called Helping Hands Viaticals. | 是一家叫离世帮手公司的雇员 |
[18:44] | That man’s name was James Dylan. | 那人的名字是詹姆斯·迪兰 |
[18:47] | The equation seems simple enough. | 方程看起来很简单 |
[18:49] | The longer she lived, the less profit for you. | 她活得越久 你得到的利益越少 |
[18:51] | In fact, according to the terms of employment of this place, | 事实上 按照这地方的雇佣条例 |
[18:54] | if she outlives the value of her life insurance policy, | 如果她活得比人寿保险规定的久 |
[18:57] | the money comes out of your pocket. So it seems like… | 你就赚不到钱了 所以看起来 |
[18:59] | you would have incentive to want her gone. | 你有让她去世的动机 |
[19:01] | Yeah, well, that doesn’t mean I killed her. | 是的 但不意味着我杀了她 |
[19:03] | – So where were you the night she died? – Look, | -她死的那晚上你在哪 -听着 |
[19:05] | if you want to talk about this, we can go somewhere else. | 如果你们想聊这事的话 我们可以到别处 |
[19:08] | And if you’re gonna grill me, I want a lawyer there. | 而且你们要盘问我的话 我需要律师在场 |
[19:10] | Right now, we got new leads in from a nursing home, | 现在 我们有疗养院的新单子 |
[19:13] | and I got to hit the phones. | 我要电话跟进 |
[19:16] | This place is a miserable warren of cynicism and despair. | 这地方是愤世嫉俗和绝望的悲惨场所 |
[19:20] | You’d think they’d have a hard time | 你会觉得他们的雇员 |
[19:21] | holding on to their employees. | 过得很惨 |
[19:22] | And yet the cubicles are full. | 但办公室却都是满的 |
[19:25] | Some of your colleagues even have diplomas on display. | 你的一些同事甚至挂着文凭 |
[19:27] | So it seems in this economy, your employers have no trouble | 所以看起来在如今的经济形式下 |
[19:29] | in attracting the overqualified. | 你的雇主不难吸引高学历的员工 |
[19:31] | – Yeah. So? – So… | -所以呢 -所以 |
[19:33] | I was wondering if they know that you’re a convicted felon | 我在想他们是否知道你曾因重罪 |
[19:35] | who’s spent time in prison. | 蹲过监狱 |
[19:37] | – Who told you that? – Seems like | -谁告诉你的 -看起来 |
[19:39] | a fair question. | 是个合理的问题 |
[19:41] | How did you learn about Mr. Dylan’s criminal record? | 你是如何知道迪兰先生的犯罪记录的 |
[19:44] | When I learned that James Dylan had sold Rada Hollingsworth | 当我得知詹姆斯·迪兰卖给蕾达·霍林沃斯 |
[19:47] | her viatical, I did some cursory research into his background, | 离世保险时 我做了一些粗略的背景调查 |
[19:50] | research his employers had apparently neglected to do. | 他的雇主们显然忽略了这点 |
[19:54] | That’s the beauty of the Internet. | 这就是网络的妙处 |
[19:56] | 24/7 access to everything from twerking kittens | 二十四小时不间断的接触到 |
[19:59] | to criminal records. | 从跳电臀舞的小猫到犯罪记录的内容 |
[20:01] | Mr. Dylan stated in a deposition given from his hospital bed | 迪兰先生在医院的病床上宣誓作证时 |
[20:05] | that you discovered that information from his phone. | 指出你是从他手机上发现这些信息的 |
[20:07] | Which you accessed without a warrant. | 是在未经许可的前提下 |
[20:10] | Would it surprise you to learn that James Dylan is lying? | 当你知道詹姆斯·迪兰是在撒谎会吃惊吗 |
[20:14] | Not necessarily. | 那倒不必 |
[20:15] | But you do tend to attract people who lie about | 但你确实喜欢引诱他人 |
[20:18] | your illegal behavior. | 为你的不法行为撒谎 |
[20:20] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[20:22] | – Why, you did. – That’s my phone! | -你说的 -那是我的电话 |
[20:25] | According to your outgoing calls, you regularly contact | 你的拨出号码历史显示 你经常 |
[20:27] | the same local number several times a week. | 一周几次地联系一个本地号码 |
[20:29] | It has a 477 prefix. | 前缀是477 |
[20:31] | That’s the same as our precinct. | 和我们分局的一样 |
[20:32] | It’s a municipal number. | 是政府部门的号码 |
[20:32] | – You stole this. – Your calendar says you have | -你偷了我的手机 -你的日历显示 |
[20:34] | a recurring commitment every Tuesday. | 你每周二都有一个反复出现的约会 |
[20:36] | Now, there’s no heading on that appointment, | 这些预约都没有标题 |
[20:37] | so my first thought was weekly Brazilian, but then I noticed | 所以我首先想到的是巴西人每周的聚会 |
[20:40] | the address of the Tuesday rendezvous. It’s 202 Broadway, | 但后来我注意到约会的地址是百老汇202号 |
[20:42] | which, as it turns out, is the office | 结果 那是纽约州 |
[20:44] | – of the New York State Division of Parole. – Okay. | -假释办公室的地址 -够了 |
[20:48] | Let’s take this outside. | 让我们到外面去说 |
[20:50] | On the night that Rada Hollingsworth was murdered, | 在蕾达·霍林沃斯被谋杀的那个晚上 |
[20:53] | I was having a drink | 我正在甘斯沃尔特街的 |
[20:55] | at Sharkey’s on Gansevoort Street. | 沙基酒吧喝东西 |
[20:58] | And your presence in a bar is a violation of your parole. | 你在假释期里不能去酒吧 |
[21:00] | Yeah, I got sent upstate after a bar fight. | 是 在酒吧争执后我被派到了北部 |
[21:03] | I got out of control and I broke this guy’s legs. | 我失控了 打伤了那家伙的膝盖 |
[21:06] | So on the particular night that you’re asking about, okay… | 所以 你想知道那晚怎么了 |
[21:09] | I had had a lousy day at work. I mean, whatever, | 我工作了一整天烦透了 |
[21:12] | they’re all lousy, actually, but on this particular day, | 事实上每个人都是 |
[21:14] | I just felt like having a couple of drinks with a friend. | 但在那天 我想去和朋友们喝酒 |
[21:17] | Okay, there’s at least a dozen people who can vouch. | 在场的那些人都可以作证 |
[21:19] | I was nowhere near Rada Hollingsworth. | 我根本没和蕾达·霍林沃斯一起 |
[21:21] | – We’re gonna need names and numbers. – Okay, fine. | -我们需要你提供姓名和电话 -没问题 |
[21:23] | But please, don’t tell my parole officer. | 但是请别让我的假释官知道 |
[21:27] | James Dylan’s associates confirmed | 詹姆斯·迪兰的同事证实了 |
[21:28] | that he had indeed been drinking | 蕾达·霍林沃斯被害当晚 |
[21:30] | at the time Rada Hollingsworth was killed, | 他的确是在喝酒 |
[21:33] | so he was no longer a suspect. | 所以他被排除嫌疑 |
[21:35] | You are aware, of course, | 你很清楚 |
[21:36] | that it’s a crime to steal private property? | 这是一起盗窃私人财产的案件 |
[21:39] | I stole no property. | 我没偷东西 |
[21:41] | Nor did I call James Dylan’s parole officer. | 我也没给詹姆斯·迪兰的假释官打电话 |
[21:44] | So, | 那么 |
[21:45] | our investigation was back to square one. | 我们的调查回到原点 |
[21:47] | Usually, this means a distraction | 通常情况下这意味着 |
[21:48] | of some sort is called for. | 需要些东西分散注意力 |
[21:54] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[21:56] | Hey, you never came down to eat. | 你没有下楼吃东西 |
[21:58] | I had extra. | 还剩了些 |
[22:02] | What gives? | 怎么了 |
[22:03] | Science– the most potent distraction of all. | 科学 是转移精力的最有效方法 |
[22:09] | Hey, I’ve been looking for that. | 我一直在找这个 |
[22:11] | Um, and what are you trying to distract yourself from? | 什么事让你想分散注意力呢 |
[22:14] | Silas Cole said he was summoned | 詹姆斯·迪兰说他被召唤去 |
[22:16] | to Rada Hollingsworth’s apartment, | 蕾达·霍林沃斯的公寓 |
[22:18] | which makes me think that the actual killer did the summoning. | 我觉得是真正的凶手叫他去的 |
[22:20] | Indeed, Silas received a phone call | 事实是 詹姆斯·迪兰 |
[22:21] | from a disposable cell phone | 晚上八点四十接到了一通电话 |
[22:22] | 8:40 P.M. | 是一次性电话打来的 |
[22:24] | 8:40. That’s not track. | 八点四十 不足为奇 |
[22:26] | Rada’s neighbor thought | 蕾达的邻居在七点三十五 |
[22:27] | she heard a truck backfiring at 7:35. | 以为她听到了车爆胎的声音 |
[22:30] | That had to be the shotgun blast | 那肯定是凶手杀她时 |
[22:31] | that killed her, so, why would you | 开枪的声音 为什么 |
[22:32] | kill Rada at 7:35, then wait over an hour | 他会在七点三十五杀死蕾达 |
[22:36] | Why, indeed. | 确实 |
[22:38] | I’ve been considering Rada’s autopsy. | 我一直在看蕾达的尸检 |
[22:41] | Her blood potassium levels were 22.4. | 她血液中钾含量22.4 |
[22:44] | That’s quite high, isn’t it? | 相当高 对吧 |
[22:45] | Not for a body a few hours postmortem. | 对于死后几小时来说不是 |
[22:47] | After you die, your cells start leaking potassium | 人死后细胞开始向血液 |
[22:49] | into the bloodstream. | 释放钾 |
[22:50] | So, the longer you’ve been dead, | 所以你死得越久 |
[22:51] | the higher your potassium level. | 钾含量越高 |
[22:53] | Of course, if you killed Rada, | 当然 如果你杀了蕾达 |
[22:55] | then waited an hour before calling Silas, | 还等一个小时后才打电话 |
[22:57] | it could be because you wanted the potassium | 除非是你想让她血液里的钾含量 |
[22:59] | in her blood to build up. | 越来越高 |
[23:00] | Mm. And what would be the purpose of that? | 但这样做是为什么 |
[23:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:03] | To conceal an already elevated potassium level? | 为了隐藏已经增加的钾含量吗 |
[23:06] | Potassium chloride is an extremely effective way | 氯化钾是一种很高效的 |
[23:08] | of killing someone. | 杀人手段 |
[23:09] | It does the heavy lifting at most of your state-sanctioned | 它是所有致命注射剂中 |
[23:12] | lethal injections. | 见效最快的 |
[23:13] | It sounds crazy, but it would explain the time gap. | 听起来很疯狂 却能解释一小时的时间差 |
[23:15] | And it would be easy enough for us to figure out | 而且很容易检验我们是否正确 |
[23:17] | if we’re right. We just test the vitreous fluid in her eyes. | 我们刚刚检查了她眼内的玻璃体液 |
[23:19] | It’s not subject to the postmortem | 那不受她死后钾含量 |
[23:21] | potassium build-up. | 升高的影响 |
[23:22] | Of course, it wasn’t crazy at all. | 这一点都不疯狂 |
[23:24] | The tests confirmed what Watson and I had suspected. | 这个检验证实了我和华生的猜想 |
[23:28] | Rada Hollingsworth was killed | 过量的氯化钾 |
[23:29] | with an overdose of potassium chloride. | 导致了蕾达·霍林沃斯的死亡 |
[23:32] | This discovery exonerated Silas Cole, | 这个发现 |
[23:35] | who we had confirmed | 证实之前合法逮捕的 |
[23:36] | was legitimately | 塞勒斯·科尔 |
[23:38] | delusional. | 是无罪的 |
[23:39] | The murder was clearly the result of careful planning, | 凶手有一套精密的计划 |
[23:42] | and he was in no fit state to carry out such methodical work. | 但他却没能实施这套有序的计划 |
[23:46] | You’re smiling. | 你笑了 |
[23:48] | That is the first time | 这是我们开始之后 |
[23:49] | you have been anything but irritated since we started. | 你第一次笑 |
[23:52] | Well, an innocent man was freed. | 无辜者得到释放 |
[23:54] | And what, in your opinion, does this have to do | 在你看来 这件事 |
[23:57] | with what happened to Detective Bell? | 和贝尔警监的事有关吗 |
[24:03] | Whether one believes | 不论是否有人相信 |
[24:04] | that I have occasionally broken the rules or not, | 我偶尔违反规定 |
[24:08] | you cannot evaluate the work that Watson and I do | 请你不要忽视 正是因为我违反规定 |
[24:10] | without considering the good that so often comes of it. | 我和华生的工作才能有进展 |
[24:15] | Whatever happened later, it matters | 不管最后发生了什么 |
[24:18] | that a mentally ill citizen is not unjustly imprisoned | 重要的是现在一位有精神疾病的公民 |
[24:21] | at the moment. | 没有含冤入狱 |
[24:23] | It has to matter… to all of us. | 这对我们来说才是重要的 |
[24:28] | Or we might as well just | 要么我们直接解散机构 |
[24:29] | dissolve this institution and start again. | 重新组员 |
[24:32] | This is just one instance. | 这只是一个例子 |
[24:33] | There are many, many others. | 还有许多许多个 |
[24:35] | All of which, by the way, | 所有这些 |
[24:37] | my partner and I donate free of charge | 我的搭档和我都无偿 |
[24:39] | to the city of New York, so… | 为纽约市工作 |
[24:44] | I hardly think this proceeding is | 我不认为这场诉讼 |
[24:45] | the appropriate response to our work. | 是对我们工作成果的回报 |
[24:47] | And what is the appropriate response? | 那你觉得什么才是 |
[24:49] | “Thank you” would be nice. | 一句谢谢就够了 |
[24:54] | I’ll make sure Marcus Bell gets that message. | 我会转告马库斯·贝尔这句话的 |
[25:10] | Well, Bell’s stable. | 贝尔的情况稳定了 |
[25:12] | They’ve decided to keep him sedated overnight. | 他们觉得晚上给他用镇静剂 |
[25:14] | Less stress on his system. | 让他的身体系统轻松一些 |
[25:16] | And you’re making Yorkshire pudding. | 而你在做约克郡布丁 |
[25:18] | Well spotted, Watson. | 观察力不错 华生 |
[25:20] | Most Americans mistake them for muffins. | 大部分美国人都分不清它和松饼 |
[25:23] | When I was younger, our governess would enlist my help | 我小的时候 我们的女家教会让我 |
[25:25] | in making Yorkshire pudding for Sunday lunch, | 帮忙做周日午餐的约克郡布丁 |
[25:26] | and ever since then, I’ve found making them | 从那时起 我就发现做布丁 |
[25:28] | to have a calming effect. | 有一种镇静的作用 |
[25:30] | Yeah, Gregson told me about the hearing. What…? | 格雷森跟我说了听证会的事 怎么… |
[25:34] | I enjoy making Yorkshire Pudding, Watson. | 我喜欢做约克郡布丁 华生 |
[25:35] | Not eating it. It is absolutely revolting. | 不吃它们 实在是太难吃了 |
[25:38] | I could dig you one out if you’d like to try it. | 你要是想尝尝我可以给你拿出来一个 |
[25:40] | I’m good, thanks for asking… | 我不要 谢谢你能问我… |
[25:41] | after you threw them away. | 在你把它们扔掉之后 |
[25:44] | Oh, you’re upset with me. | 你对我很生气 |
[25:45] | You know, for a genius, you can be a real nimrod. | 对一个天才来说 你可以是个好猎手 |
[25:47] | You know that I have to testify tomorrow, right? | 你知道我明天要去作证 对吧 |
[25:49] | Which means I get to lie under oath | 也就是说我得在宣誓后 |
[25:51] | about puppies and-and wide open doors and… | 撒关于小狗和开着的大门之类的谎 |
[25:53] | Shouldn’t be a problem. If we stick to our story, | 应该不成问题 如果我们坚持我们的说法 |
[25:54] | there’s nothing they can do. | 他们就无计可施 |
[25:55] | Well, if you bothered to come up with a better story, | 如果你能想出一个更好的故事 |
[25:58] | it wouldn’t be so obvious that we were lying. | 我们就不用撒这么明显的谎了 |
[26:00] | You’re practically daring them to fire us. | 你就是在挑衅 让他们解雇我们 |
[26:01] | You think I’m letting my ego pay too big a role in this affair? | 你觉得在这件事中我太自负了吗 |
[26:04] | This is not about your ego. | 这跟你的自负无关 |
[26:06] | I know that we color outside the lines a lot, | 我知道我们经常越界 |
[26:07] | but this time, Bell got shot. | 但这次 贝尔中枪了 |
[26:09] | Doesn’t that give you pause about how we do our jobs? | 这不会让你暂停一下我们的工作方式吗 |
[26:11] | No. Why not? | 不 为什么呢 |
[26:13] | Why do we get to be above the rules? | 为什么我们要凌驾于法律之上 |
[26:15] | Because our methods work, | 因为我们的方法行得通 |
[26:17] | and I’m comfortable that our actions are guided | 而且我很高兴我们的行动是以道德 |
[26:19] | by a morality which supersedes any clumsy employee manual. | 而不是愚蠢的员工守则作为指导的 |
[26:24] | The danger with rulebooks, Watson, | 规则的危险 华生 |
[26:25] | is that they offer the illusion | 在于它们让人幻想 |
[26:26] | that leading a moral life is a simple undertaking, | 引导道德的生活是一项简单的事业 |
[26:28] | that the world exists in black and white. | 世界非黑即白 |
[26:30] | Welcome to the grays. | 欢迎来到灰色地带 |
[26:35] | Miss Watson, | 华生小姐 |
[26:36] | you and your partner have often found yourselves | 你和你的搭档经常在警察前面 |
[26:38] | inside of crime scenes | 到达犯罪现场 |
[26:39] | and other places of interest ahead of the police, | 和其他一些可疑地点 |
[26:42] | ahead of any kind of warrant. | 没有任何搜查令 |
[26:44] | Would you say that’s a fair assessment? | 你觉得这是公正的评价吗 |
[26:46] | I’d say it’s happened on occasion. | 我会说这偶尔会发生 |
[26:48] | How? | 如何发生 |
[26:49] | We’ve encountered an unusual number of open doors. | 我们遇到过很多打开的门 |
[26:53] | Open doors. | 打开的门 |
[26:55] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[26:57] | Did you ever break into a place to help out a puppy? | 你是否曾经闯过空屋去帮助一只小狗 |
[26:59] | Once. Although we didn’t realize | 只有一次 但我们进去后 |
[27:02] | it was a puppy until after we were inside. | 才发现那是一只小狗 |
[27:05] | And how did you and your partner | 你和你的搭档 |
[27:06] | learn about Mr. Dylan’s criminal record? | 是如何发现迪兰先生的犯罪记录呢 |
[27:09] | We looked into his background | 在等着和他谈话的时候 |
[27:11] | while we were waiting to talk to him. | 我们调查了他的背景 |
[27:13] | Neither of you stole Mr. Dylan’s cell phone? | 你们两个都没有偷过迪兰先生的手机 |
[27:15] | No. | 没有 |
[27:16] | So, you are committed to the same version of events | 所以 对这些事你坚持和你搭档 |
[27:19] | as your partner? | 一样的说法 |
[27:22] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[27:23] | Actually, I’d like to ask a few questions. | 事实上 我想问几个问题 |
[27:26] | You want to cross-examine your own partner? | 你要盘问你的同伴吗 |
[27:27] | I am within my rights, Your Honor. | 我只是在行使我的权利 法官大人 |
[27:29] | I’m acting as my own counsel. | 我在做自己的辩护律师 |
[27:30] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[27:32] | I’ll be as brief as I can, Your Honor. | 我会尽可能简单的 法官大人 |
[27:36] | After you and your partner… | 在你和你的搭档 |
[27:38] | Uh, should I refer to myself as “Your partner,” | 这里我该用’你的搭档’指代自己 |
[27:39] | or should I refer to myself in the first person? | 还是直接用第一人称比较好 |
[27:41] | Doesn’t matter. | 都可以 |
[27:43] | Great. | 好吧 |
[27:44] | After you and your partner freed Silas Cole, | 在你和你的同伴释放了塞拉斯·科尔后 |
[27:47] | how did you go about finding the real killer? | 你们是怎么找到真凶的 |
[27:51] | Rada Hollingsworth died of a potassium overdose. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯死于钾摄入过量 |
[27:53] | Potassium chloride is something that you can get online, | 氯化钾在网上就能购买到 |
[27:56] | but to use it in the way that the killer did, | 但像凶手那种使用手法 |
[27:59] | you had to understand the biochemistry of dying tissue. | 你必须了解濒死组织的生化机制 |
[28:02] | That’s why the killer waited over an hour | 这就是凶手等了一个多小时 |
[28:04] | before calling Silas Cole. | 才给塞拉斯·科尔打电话的原因 |
[28:05] | All of that suggested we were looking for someone | 这些都表明了我们找寻的凶手 |
[28:07] | with a medical background. | 必须有医学背景 |
[28:09] | Hmm. Rada Hollingsworth– she was a cancer patient. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯 她是个癌症患者 |
[28:11] | She was attended by a virtual platoon of medical professionals. | 她接触到的医学专家估计得有一个排 |
[28:15] | So, are you saying that they were all suspects? | 那么你是指他们都有嫌疑 |
[28:17] | I’m saying that, when we started looking, | 我的意思是 在我们一开始调查的时候 |
[28:19] | none of them were. | 他们都没有嫌疑 |
[28:20] | We didn’t have a motive, | 我们没发现动机 |
[28:21] | so we went to the morgue. | 所以我们就去了停尸间 |
[28:23] | You examined Rada Hollingsworth’s body | 为了给调查找线索 |
[28:25] | in an effort to find an investigative bread crumb. | 你检查了蕾达·霍林沃斯的尸体 |
[28:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:28] | But I should say, | 但我得说 |
[28:29] | “body” isn’t really a 100% accurate way of putting it. | “尸体”并不是百分百准确的表述 |
[28:35] | The remains of Rada Hollingsworth’s internal organs. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯的内脏遗骸 |
[28:40] | Shredded by buckshot. | 被铅弹撕碎 |
[28:43] | Then dissected by the M.E. | 被法医解剖 |
[28:45] | Then divvied up, organ by organ, into their own bags. | 然后一个器官一个器官的被分开放入袋中 |
[28:48] | Hmm. This is gonna get messy. | 场面会不太好看了啊 |
[28:51] | Shall we unpack? | 该拆包了吧 |
[28:54] | Do you really want me to describe everything in the bags? | 你真的要我一一描述袋里的东西 |
[28:57] | Well, why don’t you just skip to the good bit? | 好吧 你还是直接跳到精彩的部分吧 |
[28:59] | Nothing unusual with the liver. | 肝脏没问题 |
[29:02] | Her heart– pretty much just a bunch of muscle fiber. | 她的心脏 基本上就是一堆肌肉纤维了 |
[29:08] | The killer must have put the shotgun barrel right over it. | 凶手的散弹枪管肯定直指这里 |
[29:11] | Now, do we think that this was by chance, | 那么 这些都是巧合 |
[29:13] | or was the obliteration of the heart intentional? | 还是故意要消除心脏里的某些痕迹呢 |
[29:17] | It seems like overkill, literally. | 表面上看着像过度杀戮 |
[29:18] | I mean, she was already dead from the potassium. | 我是说 她早就因为钾摄入过量死亡 |
[29:21] | You’d only destroy the heart | 只有因为你想要隐藏某些东西 |
[29:22] | if you were looking to conceal something about it. | 你才会这么销毁心脏 |
[29:25] | Hmm. And how would we determine | 那我们又怎么判断 |
[29:27] | whether the tissue was healthy when she died? | 死前她的心脏是否健康呢 |
[29:30] | Well, that’s what microscopes are for. | 这就是显微镜的用途 |
[29:32] | Hand me that box of slides. | 把那盒玻片递给我 |
[29:36] | Rada’s cardiac tissue showed clear signs | 蕾达的心肌组织明显显示出 |
[29:38] | of dilated cardiomyopathy. | 扩张型心肌病的特征 |
[29:40] | Her heart was enlarged. | 她的心脏开始膨胀 |
[29:42] | She would have started to feel symptoms | 她应该开始感觉到 |
[29:44] | of congestive heart failure. | 充血性心力衰竭的症状 |
[29:46] | Could her enlarged heart have been a result of her cancer? | 她膨胀的心脏有可能是因为癌症导致的吗 |
[29:49] | Not directly. | 没有直接关系 |
[29:50] | And everything in her records looked normal | 而且她几月前的记录 |
[29:52] | from a few months previous. | 一直都很正常 |
[29:54] | What, then, do you think caused the change? | 那么 你觉得是什么导致了这个 |
[29:56] | Well, it’s not unusual for it | 如果是一些 |
[29:58] | to be a side effect | 化疗药物的副作用 |
[29:58] | of certain chemotherapy drugs, | 就一点都不奇怪了 |
[30:00] | especially more aggressive treatments. | 特别是一些用于比较积极的疗法中的药物 |
[30:02] | Treatments such as the ones | 像是由菲尼斯·霍布斯医生主导的 |
[30:03] | Rada was receiving on the drug trial | 蕾达也正在接受的疗法中 |
[30:05] | run by Dr. Phineas Hobbs? | 用到的那种试验性药物吗 |
[30:07] | The drug was in stage one trials. | 这种药物还在第一试验阶段中 |
[30:08] | Typically, an experimental drug | 通常情况下 这种试验性药物 |
[30:10] | becomes hugely profitable once it gets to stage two. | 到了第二阶段 它的利润就会非常可观 |
[30:14] | We’re talking millions of dollars | 只要有人知道了蕾达的情况 |
[30:15] | that wouldn’t have made it into Dr. Hobbs’ pockets | 数百万美元就进不了 |
[30:18] | if anyone learned about Rada’s condition. | 霍布斯医生的口袋中 |
[30:19] | So, in other words, there, | 所以 换言之 |
[30:21] | buried within that bag of posthumous slop, you found… | 在那些遗体的内脏中 你发现了… |
[30:24] | A motive. | 动机 |
[30:26] | I’m sorry. You told me you had a few follow-up questions. | 不好意思 你跟我说要问些后续问题 |
[30:29] | It sounds like I’m a suspect. | 但现在看上去我是嫌疑犯了 |
[30:30] | You most assuredly are. | 你自己最清楚了 |
[30:33] | Well, then, uh, I’m getting a lawyer. | 好吧 我要找个律师 |
[30:36] | Aah! What the hell are you doing? | 你干嘛 |
[30:37] | Hurts quite a bit, doesn’t it? | 很痛 是吧 |
[30:38] | I bet you’ve got a nasty bruise under there. | 我猜那下面有块惨不忍睹的淤青 |
[30:39] | That’s the thing about shotguns. | 这就是和散弹枪的坏处 |
[30:41] | If you don’t know how to brace them properly, | 如果你不知道正确的使用方法 |
[30:42] | the kickback will get you every time. | 后坐力会让你每次都受伤 |
[30:44] | I hurt myself playing squash. | 我是玩壁球的时候受伤的 |
[30:46] | Once you dispatched Rada, | 在搞定了蕾达之后 |
[30:47] | it was time to put your patsy in play. | 就是你的替罪羊登场的时候 |
[30:49] | Well aware of Silas’s delusions, | 你非常清楚塞拉斯的妄想症 |
[30:51] | you telephoned him to come to the crime scene. | 所以你打电话给他 让他去犯罪现场 |
[30:53] | We think you convinced him he killed Rada. | 我们认为你骗他 让他相信他杀了蕾达 |
[30:55] | Then you gave him the gun, | 然后你把枪给了他 |
[30:56] | shoved some shotgun shells in his pocket, | 塞了点散弹枪壳到他口袋中 |
[30:57] | and then sent him on his way. | 然后让他上路 |
[30:59] | I’m sure you thought he’d get gunned down. | 我猜你以为他一定会被一枪射杀 |
[31:01] | Either way, you were covered. | 不管怎么样 你都安全了 |
[31:02] | Or at least you thought you were. | 至少你是这么以为的 |
[31:03] | But the shotgun didn’t just kick back into your shoulder. | 但散弹枪的后坐力不仅伤到了你的肩膀 |
[31:05] | The trigger caught your finger, as well. | 扳机还伤到了你的手指 |
[31:06] | Opened up a nasty little cut, didn’t it? | 在你手上开了条小口 不是吗 |
[31:08] | It’s not the kind of thing you’d notice | 对第一次犯案的人来说 |
[31:10] | in the heat of committing your very first murder. | 这种小事通常都注意不到 |
[31:13] | But it drew enough blood that some of it wound up | 但你放到塞拉斯口袋里的 |
[31:15] | in the grooves on the strike plates | 子弹壳碎片上的槽沟里 |
[31:16] | of those shells you put in Silas’s pocket. | 却留下了足够多的血迹 |
[31:19] | You wiped the shells clean of prints. | 你擦干净了弹壳上的指纹 |
[31:20] | You’re a smart guy. | 这点很聪明 |
[31:22] | But those little grooves– they’re hard to get to. | 但那些小槽沟 却很难清理干净 |
[31:24] | We know the blood didn’t come from Silas or Rada. | 我们都知道那不是塞拉斯或者蕾达的血迹 |
[31:27] | This is a warrant to compel a DNA test from you. | 这是给你的DNA强制测试许可证 |
[31:30] | We can run the tests, wait for the results, or | 我们可以做测试 等结果出来 |
[31:32] | you can just start talking now. | 或者 你可以开始老实交代了 |
[31:35] | Dr. Hobbs confessed. | 霍布斯医生认罪了 |
[31:37] | He’s losing his medical license, | 他丢掉了他的行医执照 |
[31:38] | and he’s going to jail for a very long time. | 还要把牢底坐穿 |
[31:41] | Thank you, Doctor… Thank you, Miss Watson. | 谢谢 医… 谢谢 华生小姐 |
[31:46] | A very great pleasure indeed. | 深感荣幸 |
[31:49] | Redirect? | 到我了 |
[31:51] | Then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[31:53] | You mean with Dr. Hobbs? | 你是说霍布斯医生 |
[31:54] | No. I’ve seen enough of your mutual | 不是 我今天已经看够 |
[31:56] | admiration society for one day. | 你们互相吹捧的把戏了 |
[31:59] | I’m talking about the reason we are actually here. | 我说的是我们开这个会的原因 |
[32:03] | The day you got Phineas Hobbs to confess to murder. | 你们让菲尼斯·霍布斯认罪那一天 |
[32:07] | What happened when you were leaving work? | 你们结束工作后发生什么事了 |
[32:12] | We were just heading out of the station. | 我们正走出警局 |
[32:14] | I’m not learning fencing from you, Holmes. | 我可没向你学击剑 福尔摩斯 |
[32:17] | – Please stop asking me. – It’s not fencing. | -别一直问我 -这不是击剑 |
[32:19] | It is singlestick. | 这是剑形木棍 |
[32:21] | Well, whatever it is, | 好吧 随便它是什么 |
[32:23] | I’m sure it’s fascinating, but I’m not interested. | 我猜会有趣 但我真的不感兴趣 |
[32:25] | At all. Now, if you want to talk about real sports, | 一点都不 但要说到真正的运动 |
[32:28] | like basketball… | 像篮球什么的 |
[32:29] | You couldn’t keep your voice down, huh? | 你真的没办法小声说话 是吗 |
[32:31] | Mr. Dylan, | 迪兰先生 |
[32:32] | it’s business hours. Shouldn’t you be… | 现在是上班时间 你不是应该… |
[32:34] | trolling a cancer ward looking for prospective clients? | 在癌症病房里巡视你的潜在客户吗 |
[32:36] | No, ’cause I don’t have that job anymore. | 没有 因为我已经没有工作了 |
[32:38] | ‘Cause somebody overheard you at work. | 因为在上班时有人听到你的话了 |
[32:40] | They heard you say that I’ve been in jail. | 他们听到你说我蹲过监狱 |
[32:42] | They told my boss, and he fired me. | 告诉了我老板 他就炒了我 |
[32:44] | Well, that would matter less if you could actually sell… | 本来没什么大碍的 要不是你确实… |
[32:46] | What’s the opposite of ice to Eskimos? | 给爱斯基摩人卖冰的反面是什么 |
[32:48] | Give the man a break. He just lost his job. | 别再说了 他刚丢了工作 |
[32:50] | Well, perhaps this is an opportunity for you | 也许这是给你机会 |
[32:52] | to do something a little less soul-sucking. | 换个不那么丧尽天良的工作 |
[32:54] | No, I won’t be doing anything because my boss | 我什么工作都做不了了 因为我老板 |
[32:57] | called my P.O. and he violated me. | 通知了我的假释官 而他举报了我 |
[32:59] | I’m going back to prison. | 我要回监狱了 |
[33:01] | That’s a regrettable outcome. | 真是让人遗憾 |
[33:03] | Regrettable? | 让人遗憾 |
[33:04] | You ruined my life, man. | 你毁了我的人生 |
[33:06] | You don’t get to just walk away. | 我不能让你这么自在逍遥 |
[33:07] | Gun! | 有枪 |
[33:16] | We got two men down: one officer | 有两人中枪 一名警员 |
[33:18] | and one suspect. | 和一名嫌犯 |
[33:19] | We need an EMT here ASAP. | 赶快派一队医护人员过来 |
[33:24] | No further questions. | 我的问题问完了 |
[33:41] | Well, thank goodness that’s over. | 谢天谢地终于结束了 |
[33:44] | Do you have any sense on how the judge is leaning? | 你觉得法官会偏向哪边呢 |
[33:48] | Guess we’ll find out in the morning. | 只有明早才能知道了 |
[33:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:53] | I’m gonna head over to see Bell right now. | 我现在打算去看贝尔 |
[33:58] | All right, I’ll see you later at the Brownstone. | 好吧 等会回褐石屋见 |
[34:16] | How’s it going? | 你怎么样 |
[34:17] | All right. | 还行 |
[34:22] | I bumped into the nurse on the way in. | 进来的时候我遇见了护士 |
[34:24] | She said that you have some movement back in your arm. | 她说你手臂恢复了点知觉 |
[34:28] | Yeah, that might be a bit of an understatement. | 对 而且不只是一点知觉 |
[34:45] | They said I, uh… | 他们说我 |
[34:47] | might get better. | 也许能恢复得更好 |
[34:52] | In time, physical therapy can do wonders with nerve damage. | 及时理疗对神经损伤能有显著疗效 |
[34:56] | I’ve seen it. | 我见过这样的例子 |
[35:00] | The, uh… | 那个 |
[35:02] | the department… | 局里面 |
[35:04] | requires detectives to carry a gun, | 要求警探佩枪 |
[35:06] | so… | 所以 |
[35:09] | what happens if I can’t anymore? | 要是我不能持枪了怎么办 |
[35:21] | What are his chances of making a full recovery? | 他完全康复的几率有多大 |
[35:23] | Well, he’s young and healthy, which is good, | 他还年轻且身体健康 这是好事 |
[35:25] | but there’s no way to tell how much function he’ll regain. | 但无法知道他能恢复多少手部功能 |
[35:31] | Practicing left-handed is one way | 练习使用左手能表现出 |
[35:33] | to show you care about what happened. | 你在乎这件事 |
[35:35] | A better one would be to visit him. | 但更好的做法是去看看他 |
[35:36] | I’m well aware of your feelings on the matter, | 你在逻辑上绕圈子 |
[35:37] | even if your logic eludes me. | 但我很清楚你对这事的态度 |
[35:39] | This is not about logic. It’s the right thing to do. | 这不是逻辑的问题 是应该做的事 |
[35:43] | It would be an empty gesture. | 那没有任何实际意义 |
[35:44] | Unlike you, I have no medical insight to offer him. | 不像你 我不能提供给他医学上的见解 |
[35:46] | And I can’t imagine my presence would be anything | 我的出现除了妨碍他的隐私以外 |
[35:47] | more than an invasion of his privacy. | 别无其他作用 |
[35:49] | I don’t care if you lie in court, but do not lie to me. | 你在庭上撒谎就算了 但不要骗我 |
[35:52] | This is not about Bell’s privacy. | 这跟贝尔的隐私无关 |
[35:53] | This is about your guilt. | 是因为你的内疚 |
[35:56] | Look, you’re not directly responsible for what happened– | 听着 这事不是你的责任 |
[35:58] | that is on James Dylan. | 只能怪詹姆斯·迪兰 |
[36:00] | But this time, your fondness for blowing past | 可这一次 你无视官僚权级的一贯作风 |
[36:01] | “bureaucratic guidepost” got a man you respect shot. | 害一个你尊敬的人中枪 |
[36:05] | If I went, what would I say? | 就算我去了 我能说什么呢 |
[36:07] | I’ve got nothing to offer the man other than a few banal bromides. | 除了那些陈词滥调 我什么都说不了 |
[36:10] | What makes you think that’s not enough? | 为什么你觉得那些不够呢 |
[36:25] | This hearing has left me | 听证会让我坚信 |
[36:26] | no doubt that Sherlock Holmes is a singular mind, | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯是个天赋异禀的人 |
[36:30] | and the work that he’s done with Joan Watson has been | 他和乔恩·华生的工作一直让纽约警局 |
[36:33] | an asset to the NYPD. | 大受裨益 |
[36:35] | Now, that an officer was wounded during the course of that work | 可现在有一名警员在这个过程中受伤 |
[36:39] | is a highly regrettable outcome | 这是十分让人遗憾的事 |
[36:42] | but one that occurs in law enforcement. | 但在执法部门也时有发生 |
[36:45] | Another regrettable outcome in law enforcement | 执法部门的另一件憾事 |
[36:49] | is when officers decide that they are | 就是警员觉得自己临驾于 |
[36:52] | above the rules. | 司法制度之上 |
[36:54] | So in spite of Mr. Holmes’ | 所以尽管福尔摩斯先生 |
[36:56] | good intentions, he’s demonstrated amply | 意图良好 却充分展现出 |
[36:59] | that he doesn’t care to control his actions. | 他觉得毫无必要控制自身行为 |
[37:03] | As such, my recommendation to the commissioner | 基于这些 我给局长的建议是 |
[37:06] | will be that Mr. Holmes and Ms. Watson be terminated | 终止福尔摩斯先生和华生女士 |
[37:11] | as consultants to the NYPD. | 与纽约警局的顾问关系 |
[37:45] | You needn’t gloat. | 不必幸灾乐祸 |
[37:47] | It’s unbecoming of the good work that you did. | 这跟你打赢的胜仗很不相称 |
[37:50] | I’m not here to spike the ball. | 我不是要炫耀 |
[37:54] | I’m going to a meeting. | 我要去参加互助会 |
[37:56] | Seems like… maybe you should come with me. | 也许你该和我一起去 |
[38:07] | Boy, the Giants sure do suck this year. | 老天 今年巨人队[纽约橄榄球队]太弱了 |
[38:10] | Commissioner. | 局长 |
[38:12] | I’m not watching the Giants. | 我没看巨人队的比赛 |
[38:14] | I know. Just felt like it needed to be said. | 我知道 只是觉得要一吐为快 |
[38:18] | I wanted to make sure they’re taking good care of you here. | 我想确保医院的人有好好照顾你 |
[38:21] | The hearing ended today. The judge recommended | 听证会今天结束了 法官建议 |
[38:24] | that I end our arrangement with Holmes and his partner. | 我终止局里跟福尔摩斯和他搭档的合作 |
[38:28] | It’s just a recommendation, though. | 但这只是个建议 |
[38:30] | The decision’s mine. | 决定权还是在我 |
[38:33] | And I’ll admit it… | 不得不说 |
[38:35] | I’m struggling with it. | 我很挣扎 |
[38:38] | Captain Gregson pointed out that… | 格雷森警监告诉我 |
[38:41] | tossing Holmes opens the department up to charges | 终止合作意味着所有福尔摩斯参与过的案子 |
[38:45] | of impropriety on every case Holmes worked on. | 都会让局里被控办案过程不当 |
[38:49] | That’s a lot of closed cases that could get opened up again. | 可能就有很多结案要被推翻 |
[38:52] | Clearly, Holmes is a… loose cannon. | 很显然 福尔摩斯一贯我行我素 |
[38:56] | But this time, a first grade detective | 但这次 一位一级警探 |
[38:58] | got caught in his crossfire. | 因为他而中枪 |
[39:01] | Facing danger from a guy on your own team… | 要面临来自同伴的危险 |
[39:05] | can I really ask officers to do that? | 我真的能要求我的警官这样做吗 |
[39:11] | Wait, are you… | 等等 你是… |
[39:14] | You’re asking me what you should do? | 你是在问我该怎么做吗 |
[39:16] | How could I not? | 我怎么能不问呢 |
[39:17] | You’ve been working with the guy for a long time, | 你跟这家伙共事了这么久 |
[39:20] | and… you’re the one who caught a bullet. | 而且中枪的也是你 |
[39:49] | I heard your hearing didn’t go too well. | 听说你的听证会不太顺利 |
[39:51] | Not well at all. | 是非常不顺 |
[39:56] | But the commissioner decided not | 法官建议终止与我合作 |
[39:59] | to accept the judge’s recommendation to terminate me. | 但局长没有接受 |
[40:04] | So I’m staying on as a consultant after all. | 所以我还是留下继续做顾问 |
[40:07] | With a little, uh, additional oversight. | 不过会对我多些监督 |
[40:12] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[40:14] | Any idea what changed his mind? | 知道局长为何改变主意吗 |
[40:23] | There’s much I should say to you. | 我有好多话该对你说 |
[40:28] | Thanks. | 首先谢谢你 |
[40:30] | For intervening with James Dylan. | 替我挡了詹姆斯·迪兰的子弹 |
[40:34] | You may very well have saved my life. | 你可能因此救了我一命 |
[40:41] | And, uh, I apologize. | 其次我向你道歉 |
[40:47] | I had James Dylan’s name before we went to see him. | 去找詹姆斯·迪兰之前我就知道他的名字 |
[40:49] | I should have done some proper research | 我应该在擅自拿他手机前 |
[40:51] | before I helped myself to his phone. | 对他做些调查 |
[40:54] | I should have been more discreet when I was attempting | 在套他的话之前 |
[40:55] | to loosen his tongue. | 我应该更小心谨慎 |
[40:58] | I could have provoked him less outside the police station. | 在警局外面我也不该那么激怒他 |
[41:02] | I could’ve… | 我本可以… |
[41:03] | There’s any number of ways that this could’ve turned out | 要不是你 这事还不一定 |
[41:05] | other than the way it did. | 会发展成什么样 |
[41:11] | I hate what happened to you. | 对于你的遭遇我很抱歉 |
[41:12] | And whatever role I played in it. | 我更讨厌这事是因我而起 |
[41:16] | That’s why I’ve been avoiding this visit. | 所以我才一直不来看你 |
[41:23] | So, the palsy in your hand… | 对你手部麻痹的症状 |
[41:26] | I’ve done some research. | 我做了些调查 |
[41:28] | The clinic with the highest rate of recovery is in Gstaad. | 康复率最高的诊所位于格斯塔德[瑞士城市] |
[41:31] | I’ve communicated with the director, | 我跟那里的负责人联系过 |
[41:33] | and they would be happy to take you on straightaway. | 他们很乐意立刻接受你入院就诊 |
[41:36] | But if you’d rather stay in New York, | 但如果你想待在纽约 |
[41:38] | their top physician travels here frequently | 他们最好的医师经常会来这边 |
[41:41] | and could consult with local specialists. | 可以跟这里的专家一起会诊 |
[41:43] | All at no cost to you, obviously. | 当然你自己不用花一分钱 |
[41:50] | Well, I’ll just, uh… | 那我就… |
[41:52] | I’ll just leave you with their card. | 把他们的名片留给你 |
[41:53] | I feel good about the doctors here. | 我觉得这里的医生挺好的 |
[41:56] | These people are at the top of their field… | 这些人可是该领域的权威 |
[41:58] | Holmes, I don’t want a favor from you. | 福尔摩斯 我不想欠你人情 |
[42:03] | I’d rather not see you around here. | 我宁愿你不要过来看我 |
[00:03] | – You ruined my life. – Gun! | -你毁了我的人生 -有枪 |
[00:06] | A blood clot got wedged in his right subclavian artery, | 有一块血栓堵住了他的右锁骨下动脉 |
[00:09] | obstructed the blood flow to his arm for about 30 minutes. | 阻碍血液流入他的胳膊长达半小时 |
[00:11] | He may never regain full use of the limb. | 他可能再也无法拥有健全的手臂了 |
[00:14] | This is about your guilt. | 是因为你的内疚 |
[00:15] | You’re not directly responsible for what happened. | 这事的直接责任不在于你 |
[00:17] | But this time your fondness for blowing past | 但这次你无视照章办事规矩的一贯作风 |
[00:19] | bureaucratic guideposts got a man you respect shot. | 害了一个你尊敬的人中枪 |
[00:21] | You may very well have saved my life. | 你可能因此救了我一命 |
[00:23] | I’d rather not see you around here. | 我宁愿你别来看我 |
[00:36] | Look at you, southpaw. | 瞧你 成了左撇子了 |
[00:39] | Well, life has changed, right? | 生活已经变了 对吧 |
[00:41] | At least nowadays most of the paperwork’s on the computer. | 至少现在大多数文书工作都能用电脑了 |
[00:44] | Well, I made you some ready-to-nuke dinners. | 我给你做了晚饭 微波炉转一下就能吃 |
[00:47] | Nothing fancy. | 没什么大不了的 |
[00:48] | Baked ziti’s about the extent of my culinary skills. | 烤通心粉已经是我厨艺的最高水平了 |
[00:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:52] | That’s really nice of you. | 你人真好 |
[00:54] | What did the doctor say about your hand? | 医生说你的手怎么样了 |
[00:56] | Uh, he doesn’t know. | 他也不知道 |
[00:58] | It’s only been a few weeks. | 才过了几周 |
[00:59] | Physical therapy’s helping, | 物理治疗有些帮助 |
[01:00] | but they still can’t tell me if the damage is permanent. | 但他们仍旧说不清创伤是不是永久的 |
[01:03] | Well, you’re back at work, that’s good. | 你回来工作了 那很好 |
[01:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:07] | If you call, uh, pushing papers around work. | 如果你把摆弄这些文件叫做工作的话 |
[01:10] | Hey, you know they say that learning to write | 你知道吗 据说学习用另一只手写字 |
[01:12] | with your other hand is good for the brain. | 有利于开发大脑 |
[01:14] | Builds new pathways, keeps you young. | 建立新的思维路径 保持大脑年轻 |
[01:17] | Great. | 那太好了 |
[01:18] | So if this, uh, trauma sticks around forever, | 如果这次的创伤是永久的 |
[01:20] | I’ll have a really long time to enjoy it. | 我有的是时间享受这个过程 |
[01:24] | Marcus, do you think you… | 马库斯 你觉得你 |
[01:26] | need to talk to someone? | 需不需要找人谈谈 |
[01:27] | No, honestly, I think what I really need | 不 说实话 我觉得我真正需要的 |
[01:29] | is to talk less. | 就是少说话 |
[01:34] | Thanks again for the food. | 再次感谢你的食物 |
[01:36] | Okay? | 还有事吗 |
[01:40] | All right, I’ll see you later. | 好吧 以后再来看你 |
[01:54] | Don’t trip the proximity sensor. | 小心别碰到距离传感器 |
[02:09] | Actually, would you mind stepping back a couple of paces? | 说实话 你介意往后退两步吗 |
[02:10] | I’m feeling a little bit crowded. | 我觉得有点挤 |
[02:24] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[02:25] | That’s a half-million dollar car. | 这可是价值五十万美金的豪车 |
[02:26] | Surely when your employers hired you | 你的雇主把它交给你 |
[02:27] | to test the security measures | 测试安保系统的时候 |
[02:29] | they knew it would result in a little bit of wear and tear. | 他们肯定知道会有点磕磕碰碰的 |
[02:31] | Wouldn’t explain a foot in the door. | 但不包括在门上踹个脚印啊 |
[02:32] | Well, they should be pleased. | 他们应该很满意 |
[02:33] | Their system’s obviously impregnable. | 他们的系统显然坚不可摧 |
[02:35] | Actually, it’s totally pregnable. | 其实 它完全不堪一击 |
[02:36] | I beat it ten times today. | 我今天就撬开了十次 |
[02:42] | You got a lot on your mind. | 你脑子里的杂念太多了 |
[02:44] | All the stuff that happened with your buddy, the detective. | 你朋友 那位警探的遭遇 |
[02:47] | Is utterly irrelevant to breaking into a car. | 这和撬开车门完全无关 |
[02:50] | Obviously. | 是啊 显然无关 |
[02:56] | In terms of my actions on the case which resulted in Detective Bell’s injury, | 说到贝尔警探受伤那件案子里我的行为 |
[03:00] | I was completely in the right. | 我认为我没有任何失误 |
[03:02] | I’ve reviewed every decision I made. | 我回顾了我的每一个决定 |
[03:04] | Every inflection point in the investigation. | 还有调查中的每一个转折点 |
[03:06] | And it is indisputable from any rational cost benefit analysis | 从任何的理性成本收益分析角度说 |
[03:09] | that I did everything correctly. | 我的所作所为都无可争议地正确 |
[03:13] | So, why can I not move on? | 所以我为什么无法释怀呢 |
[03:15] | Why does the matter persist in buzzing away | 为什么整件事总是困扰着我 |
[03:17] | at my most precious commodity, my concentration? | 扰乱我最宝贵的专注力呢 |
[03:22] | Maybe we should head for a meeting. | 也许我们该去参加一次互助会 |
[03:26] | I came here tonight, not as your sponsee, | 今晚我来 不是作为你的受担保人 |
[03:28] | but as a friend and colleague | 而是作为一个朋友 |
[03:30] | whose vocation creates certain overlapping interests. | 和所从事职业有所关联的同事 |
[03:33] | Besides I think this is what I need tonight. | 除此以外 我觉得今晚我需要干这个 |
[03:38] | Fine. | 那好吧 |
[03:41] | But tomorrow, we’re hitting a meeting. | 不过明天 我们要去互助会 |
[03:51] | Allegations continue to mount that Donald Hauser, | 传言持续升温 宣称唐纳德·豪瑟 |
[03:54] | trusted money manager to New York’s elite, | 这位备受纽约精英信任的投资经理人 |
[03:57] | may, in fact, have been running a decades-long pyramid scheme. | 其实可能经营了长达十年的金字塔骗局 |
[04:00] | Sources inside the SEC confirm | 证券交易委员会内部消息证实 |
[04:02] | that they’re now scrutinizing Hauser’s private hedge fund, | 他们正在审查豪瑟号称持续年收益 |
[04:05] | which seemed to yield consistent annual returns of 12% or more. | 超过百分之十二的私人对冲基金 |
[04:10] | Thanks to the work of independent journalist | 多亏了独立记者罗莎莉·努涅斯 |
[04:12] | Rosalie Nunez, who first sounded the alarm, | 最先敲响警钟的报道 |
[04:15] | we may now discover those returns were all lies. | 我们才能发现这些回报可能全是谎言 |
[04:18] | If so, Hauser will be looking at criminal charges | 如果情况属实 豪瑟将面临 |
[04:21] | that could put him behind bars for the rest of his life, | 可能在铁窗中度过余生的犯罪指控 |
[04:24] | while hundreds of his investors will absorb the news | 而他数以百计的投资者将会不得不接受 |
[04:26] | that their life savings have vanished. | 毕生积蓄化为泡影的噩耗 |
[04:29] | Neither Hauser nor anyone at his firm | 豪瑟及他名下公司的任何人 |
[04:31] | responded in time to comment. | 都没有及时做出回应 |
[04:34] | Stocks were relatively flat today, as analysts… | 股市今日收盘基本持平 分析家们… |
[04:41] | Ow! God! Ow! | 老天 |
[04:53] | Wait. | 等等 |
[04:58] | I was about to kill myself. | 我正准备自杀 |
[05:01] | Please. | 求你了 |
[05:03] | What’s done is done. | 覆水难收 |
[05:04] | I know. That’s what I want to talk about. | 我知道 我正想说这个 |
[05:10] | Donald, it’s me. | 唐纳德 是我 |
[06:00] | Well, someone had some anger to work out. | 有人在发泄怒气 |
[06:02] | Steal a few hundred million dollars of other people’s money, | 偷了别人几亿美金 |
[06:04] | somebody’s bound to get ticked off. | 肯定会有人被惹恼 |
[06:08] | So, who found him? | 谁最先发现尸体 |
[06:10] | Personal chef. She came in, | 私人厨师 她进来的时候 |
[06:11] | said the alarm system was off, and the TV was on. | 警报系统关闭 电视机开着 |
[06:14] | She’s here in the kitchen. | 她人在厨房里 |
[06:16] | Miss, uh, Butler? | 巴特勒小姐 |
[06:23] | Miss Butler, this is Joan Watson. | 巴特勒小姐 这是乔恩·华生 |
[06:29] | Sorry to meet under these circumstances. | 很抱歉在这种情况下见面 |
[06:31] | Thank you. | 感谢安慰 |
[06:33] | Miss Watson and her partner there, Mr. Holmes, | 华生小姐和她的搭档 福尔摩斯先生 |
[06:36] | consult for the department. | 是警局的顾问 |
[06:37] | So, you are a personal chef? | 你是私人厨师吗 |
[06:39] | Mr. Hauser was a client for a long time. | 豪瑟先生是我的老客户了 |
[06:42] | I prepared meals for him at my house | 我在家帮他做好饭 |
[06:44] | and-and brought them here a few times a week. | 然后每周带过来几次 |
[06:47] | You any idea who might want to hurt Mr. Hauser? | 你有想到谁可能想伤害豪瑟先生吗 |
[06:50] | Oh, with what’s been going on in the press, plenty of people. | 根据新闻媒体的报道 肯定有好多人吧 |
[06:53] | What-what’s he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[07:00] | He, uh, has a process. | 他…有自己的调查方法 |
[07:03] | Captain? | 警监 |
[07:06] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪 |
[07:09] | I take it the victim’s gun was found here? | 我想被害人的枪是在这里被发现的 |
[07:11] | Yeah, by the first uniforms on the scene. | 是的 到场的第一位警官这么说 |
[07:13] | Registered to Hauser. | 枪登记在豪瑟名下 |
[07:14] | However, different caliber | 但和我们在地板上 |
[07:15] | than the casings we found on the floor. | 发现的弹壳口径不同 |
[07:17] | Figured Hauser tried to defend himself. | 推测大概是豪瑟想要自我防卫 |
[07:20] | Never got a shot off. | 但还没来得及开枪 |
[07:21] | I can assure you Mr. Hauser did not pull his gun in self-defense. | 我能向你保证豪瑟先生掏枪不是为了自卫 |
[07:25] | At least, not at first. | 至少一开始不是 |
[07:26] | Rather, he was about to commit suicide | 恰恰相反 他正准备自杀的时候 |
[07:29] | when he was very rudely interrupted. | 被人粗鲁地打断了 |
[07:32] | The handgun was stored here in this drawer. | 手枪被存放在这个抽屉里 |
[07:35] | Whoever removed it bothered to close the drawer | 拿枪的人还不嫌麻烦地在取出枪后 |
[07:38] | when they were done. | 把抽屉关上 |
[07:39] | This is a very unlikely action on anyone’s part | 这对于激烈的私闯民宅攻防战双方来说 |
[07:41] | during the middle of a heated home invasion. | 都是不太可能会做的动作 |
[07:43] | No. Mr. Hauser’s gun was out before the killer entered. | 恰恰相反 豪瑟先生在杀手闯入前就拿出了枪 |
[07:47] | The whiskey– Glen Lochaber, | 格伦·洛哈伯威士忌酒 |
[07:49] | 1926, single cask, aged for 55 years. | 1926年产 单桶酒 55年的陈酿 |
[07:52] | Yum. Only 100 bottles ever produced. | 人间极品 只生产了100瓶 |
[07:55] | Probably set Mr. Hauser back about $10,000. | 可能花了豪瑟先生大约一万美金 |
[07:58] | This is the proverbial good stuff, and, | 这是众所周知的好酒 |
[08:01] | judging by the ring of dust | 而且从它在吧台上 |
[08:03] | where it usually sat on his bar, | 留下的灰尘圈看 |
[08:06] | he kept it for only the very rarest of occasions. | 他只有在极特殊的场合才会拿出来喝 |
[08:08] | Miss Butler said the television was on | 巴特勒小姐说她进屋的时候 |
[08:11] | when she entered. | 电视是开着的 |
[08:12] | We all know what story dominated the news last night. | 我们都知道昨晚的新闻头条是什么 |
[08:15] | Hauser himself was sitting, watching | 豪瑟坐在这里 看着电视 |
[08:18] | as he filled his glass to the very brim. | 一边给杯子里倒满酒 |
[08:20] | No longer any point in saving it. | 没必要再留着好酒了 |
[08:22] | Lastly… | 最后… |
[08:26] | …gun oil on the roof of his mouth. | 他的上颚有枪油 |
[08:30] | The irony of ironies. | 简直不能更讽刺了 |
[08:32] | Our killer arrived just in time | 凶手在豪瑟先生要开枪自杀时 |
[08:34] | to stop Mr. Hauser from shooting himself. | 恰好赶到并阻止了他 |
[08:37] | So, what? Killer just wanted to squeeze in some torture first? | 为什么 凶手只是想先折磨他一下吗 |
[08:41] | Probably not as satisfying as getting his or her money back, | 也许并不像拿回被骗的钱一样满意 |
[08:44] | but I suppose you take what you can get. | 但这是最好的结果了 |
[08:49] | Oh. According to this article, | 根据这篇报道 |
[08:50] | there could be over a thousand people that were affected | 可能有超过一千人受到了 |
[08:53] | by Donald Hauser’s pyramid scheme. | 唐纳德·豪瑟的金字塔骗局的影响 |
[08:55] | I’d say our work is cut out for us, wouldn’t you? | 看来我们的工作告一段落了 你觉得呢 |
[08:57] | Actually, I’ve got a rather good idea of where I’d like to start. | 实际上 我有了一个好的切入点 |
[08:59] | The chef, Chloe Butler. | 那个厨师 克洛伊·巴特勒 |
[09:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:04] | You not see how nervous she was when we were interviewing her? | 你没看到在我们问她问题时 她有多紧张吗 |
[09:06] | Her haptics were practically screaming | 她的表现明显说明 |
[09:07] | that she was hiding something. | 她在隐瞒某些事 |
[09:08] | Well, she just found | 可她刚刚发现了 |
[09:09] | the mutilated corpse of her boss. | 自己老板的尸体 |
[09:11] | Her alibi left something to be desired, as well, no? | 她的不在场证明也站不住脚 不是吗 |
[09:14] | Well, just because she said she was home alone | 就因为她说谋杀发生时她自己在家 |
[09:16] | during the time of the murder doesn’t mean she did it. | 也不能说明是她杀的人 |
[09:17] | Nor does it mean she didn’t. | 也不能说明她没杀人 |
[09:20] | Obviously, there’s no shortage of other suspects, | 显然 其他的嫌疑人也没有什么破绽 |
[09:22] | but Miss Butler seems like a worthwhile place to start. | 但巴特勒小姐看起来是个不错的切入点 |
[09:27] | 能谈谈吗 我家里 一小时后 | |
[09:30] | You saw Detective Bell last night, did you not? | 你昨晚去看贝尔警探了 对吧 |
[09:33] | Yes, I did. | 对 去看了 |
[09:35] | And? | 然后呢 |
[09:37] | He’s better. He’s riding a desk for now, | 他好些了 现在只能在办公室做文职 |
[09:39] | but, um, at least he’s up and around. | 但至少不用躺在病床上了 |
[09:41] | As a matter of fact, I promised I’d run a few errands for him. | 实际上 我答应替他跑跑腿 |
[09:43] | I will be back in a bit. | 我一会儿就回来 |
[09:46] | If I’m not here, | 如果我不在这 |
[09:47] | I will be at the station, reviewing case files. | 我就在局里看案子的档案 |
[09:49] | I will text you if I identify Mr. Hauser’s killer | 等我独自一人查出豪瑟先生的凶手之后 |
[09:51] | all by my lonesome. | 我会给你发短信的 |
[10:02] | I am sorry about this morning. | 今早的事我很抱歉 |
[10:04] | I… I just… | 我只是… |
[10:05] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[10:07] | Seriously. You didn’t do anything wrong. | 真的 你没做错任何事 |
[10:13] | Oh. I can’t believe you have a baby now. | 真不敢相信你有了个孩子 |
[10:17] | You can’t believe it? | 不光是你不敢相信 |
[10:22] | So, uh, you said the dad is… | 你说孩子的爸爸已经… |
[10:25] | out of the picture? | 跟你没关系了 |
[10:27] | I can’t say I got any better at picking men | 在戒毒以后我挑选男人的眼光 |
[10:29] | just because I got clean. | 还是没有好转 |
[10:32] | Ross, my ex– as far as bad decisions go, | 罗斯 我的前任 跟他结婚仅次于染上毒瘾 |
[10:35] | he’s right up there with heroin. | 是我排名第二的错误决定 |
[10:39] | But, hey, it got me Shane. | 但他让我有了肖恩 |
[10:42] | I had no idea | 看到你的时候 |
[10:43] | what I was supposed to do when I saw you. | 我完全不知道该怎么做 |
[10:46] | I didn’t know you’d switched careers, and | 我不知道你换了工作 |
[10:48] | with the police around, I didn’t know | 有警察在旁边 我不知道 |
[10:50] | if I was obligated by law to say that I knew you, or… | 我是不是有义务说我认识你 |
[10:52] | Chloe, there is no right or wrong. | 克洛伊 这事没有对错 |
[10:55] | When I run into a former client in a social setting, | 当我在社交生活中遇到以前的客户时 |
[10:57] | I let them decide whether they want to say anything or not. | 我会让他们决定他们想说什么 |
[10:59] | You were obviously caught off guard, so I took the lead. | 你当时明显很惊慌 所以我主导了谈话 |
[11:04] | I just try not to tell anyone | 我只是试图不告诉任何人 |
[11:06] | about that part of my life. | 我的那段生活 |
[11:08] | You know, if-if I can help it. | 如果我能忍住的话 |
[11:11] | Are you still going to meetings? | 你还在参加互助会吗 |
[11:12] | Oh, yeah, of course. | 对 当然 |
[11:13] | No, I-I don’t mean I don’t talk to anyone, | 我不是说我不跟任何人说 |
[11:15] | I just… | 我只是 |
[11:17] | take the “Anonymous” part seriously. | 更坚持”匿名”的原则了 |
[11:21] | Actually, that’s one of the reasons | 其实 那也是我想见你的 |
[11:23] | I wanted to see you. | 原因之一 |
[11:24] | With your permission, I would like to explain | 如果你允许 我想跟我的搭档 |
[11:26] | our history to my partner. | 解释一下我们的事 |
[11:28] | – Why? – He’s very perceptive. | -为什么 -他很敏锐 |
[11:31] | He could tell that you were hiding something last night. | 他能看出来你昨晚隐瞒了一些事 |
[11:32] | He thought it might have something to do | 他觉得那可能跟 |
[11:34] | with what happened to Donald Hauser. | 唐纳德·豪瑟的死有关 |
[11:36] | He thinks I’m a suspect? | 他觉得我是嫌疑犯 |
[11:38] | You’re just someone who caught his eye. | 你只是引起了他的注意 |
[11:40] | Look, if you don’t feel comfortable, | 听着 如果你觉得不舒服 |
[11:42] | I totally understand. | 我完全能理解 |
[11:43] | If you do… | 如果你觉得没关系… |
[11:45] | know that our confidentiality | 他也一定会遵守 |
[11:46] | agreement will extend to him as well. | 我们的保密协议 |
[11:50] | I just want to make sure the investigation | 我只想确保调查是在朝着 |
[11:51] | is moving in the right direction. | 正确的方向发展 |
[11:55] | You must really trust him. | 看来你非常信任他 |
[11:58] | I do. | 没错 |
[12:14] | Can we talk about Chloe Butler? | 我们能谈谈克洛伊·巴特勒吗 |
[12:17] | In 2009, she was one of the hottest chefs in the city. | 2009年 她是城里最火的厨师之一 |
[12:20] | Yes, I saw that when I looked into her. | 我调查她的时候看到过那个 |
[12:22] | Well, you didn’t see all of it. | 你没有看到全部 |
[12:23] | The attention was too much for her, | 受人瞩目的光环过于沉重 |
[12:24] | and she fell in with the wrong crowd. | 她选择了错误的交友圈子 |
[12:27] | When did she start working with you? | 她什么时候开始跟你合作的 |
[12:28] | 2011. | 2011年 |
[12:29] | She was one of my first clients. | 她是我最早的客户之一 |
[12:31] | I lived with her for a little over six months. | 我和她一起住了六个多月 |
[12:34] | It wasn’t easy, but she got her life back on track. | 虽然很艰难 但她努力让生活回到了正轨 |
[12:36] | She knew that the restaurant scene could be a trigger, | 她知道继续在餐厅工作可能刺激她重蹈覆辙 |
[12:38] | so she started a new business. | 所以她换了新的工作 |
[12:40] | As a personal chef. | 成了一个私人厨师 |
[12:42] | Yes. So everything you sensed | 对 所以你感觉到的 |
[12:43] | that she was hiding last night | 昨晚她隐瞒的事 |
[12:44] | was about her past. | 就是她的过去 |
[12:46] | And she has an alibi for the time of the murder. | 她在案发时也有不在场证明 |
[12:49] | She was with her sponsor. | 她和她的担保人在一起 |
[12:52] | Well, it’s interesting that I failed to detect | 我没能在遇到另一个瘾君子时觉察到 |
[12:54] | another addict when I met one. | 真是有意思 |
[12:56] | More interesting that I didn’t get a sense | 更有意思的是我没觉察到 |
[12:58] | that you were hiding something from me, but anyway… | 你有事瞒着我 但不管怎样 |
[13:01] | In that case, | 这样的话 |
[13:01] | we should, uh, focus on culling our list | 我们应该专注于寻找 |
[13:03] | of other potential suspects in Donald Hauser’s murder. | 杀害唐纳德·豪瑟的其他嫌疑人 |
[13:06] | I left a voicemail with the journalist | 我给报道了他金字塔骗局的 |
[13:08] | who broke the story of his pyramid scheme, | 记者留了语音信息 |
[13:09] | a woman named Rosalie Nunez. | 那个记者叫罗莎莉·努涅斯 |
[13:11] | Any luck, she will have some insight which we can use | 幸运的话 她能帮我们 |
[13:14] | to prioritize our investigation of Hauser’s victims. | 调查豪瑟事件的受害者们 |
[13:16] | Actually, Chloe may have already helped with that. | 实际上 克洛伊已经帮了我们 |
[13:18] | She didn’t think of it until we were talking, | 我们谈之前她没有想到 |
[13:20] | but she had an idea who | 但她知道谁可能 |
[13:21] | the last person might’ve been to see Hauser alive. | 是豪瑟死前见到的最后一个人 |
[13:24] | Uh, the director of a nonprofit named Jacob Weiss. | 一个非盈利组织的主管雅各布·韦斯 |
[13:27] | Hauser had her prepare an extra meal for last night. | 豪瑟让她昨晚准备了加餐 |
[13:30] | Part of her job is to know which friends ate what. | 她工作的一部分就是了解哪些朋友爱吃什么 |
[13:33] | I was shocked when I heard the news. | 我听到消息的时候很震惊 |
[13:35] | I-I still don’t believe it. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[13:38] | It couldn’t have happened that many hours after I left. | 怎么我没走多久就发生了这种事 |
[13:41] | Our thoughts exactly. | 我们也这么想 |
[13:43] | In fact, we’re curious if you could account | 其实 我们想知道你能否 |
[13:45] | for your whereabouts for the rest of the evening. | 说明一下昨晚剩余时间里你的行踪 |
[13:47] | The M.E. puts Mr. Hauser’s | 法医认为豪瑟先生 |
[13:48] | death somewhere between 10:00 P.M. and midnight. | 死于晚上十点到午夜之间 |
[13:50] | After I left Donald, I had a late meeting | 在我跟唐纳德告别之后 我在 |
[13:53] | at the Palladian Hotel | 帕拉德酒店和一个 |
[13:54] | with a Swiss banker named Jonas Bitz. | 叫乔纳斯·比兹的瑞士银行家开会 |
[13:56] | We were there quite late. I’m sure he or anyone | 我们在那里待到很晚 我确定 |
[13:58] | at the lobby bar will confirm that. | 他和大堂酒吧的任何人都能作证 |
[14:01] | But… I’m the last person who had a reason to kill Donald. | 但…我是最没有理由去杀唐纳德的人 |
[14:04] | Well, it’s our understanding that he handled your… | 据我们所知他经手了你的… |
[14:07] | charity’s finances. | 慈善基金 |
[14:08] | Considering everything that’s happened, | 考虑到所发生的一切 |
[14:10] | that would give you motive. | 那使你有了谋杀的动机 |
[14:11] | Actually, it wouldn’t. | 事实上 不会 |
[14:12] | Do you know what we do here? | 你知道我们这里是做什么的吗 |
[14:14] | You seek reparations for survivors of the Holocaust. | 你们为大屠杀的幸存者申请赔款 |
[14:16] | To this day, Swiss bank accounts are still being identified | 直到今天 瑞士银行的一些账户仍然 |
[14:19] | that belong to Nazi war profiteers. | 属于纳粹投机商们 |
[14:22] | Our investigators uncover that money | 我们的调查员们找出这些钱 |
[14:24] | and process claims on behalf of survivors and their families. | 并且代表幸存者和他们的家人索赔 |
[14:28] | I can’t deny what I’m hearing in the press about Donald, | 我不否认媒体上对唐纳德的报道 |
[14:30] | but he was my friend. He donated his services | 但他是我朋友 他无偿在 |
[14:33] | free of charge, as this council’s CPA. | 委员会里担任注册会计师 |
[14:36] | And as for our investments, | 而在我们的投资方面 |
[14:38] | the council never lost a dime. | 委员会没有少过一分钱 |
[14:40] | Every penny has already been accounted for. | 每笔钱都有清晰的账目 |
[14:43] | Can you think of why he might’ve left the council alone? | 你能想到他为什么唯独不骗这里的钱吗 |
[14:45] | Maybe as he was stealing from others, | 也许是因为他从别人那里骗钱 |
[14:48] | he saw his work for us as a kind of… | 就把在我们这里的工作看作是… |
[14:51] | karmic counterbalance, a way to do some good to make up | 消除业障的方式 通过做好事来 |
[14:53] | for the bad. | 补偿所做的坏事 |
[14:56] | Whatever the reason, I’m grateful. | 不管什么原因 我都很感激他 |
[15:00] | So, Donald Hauser was a swindler with a heart of gold. | 唐纳德·豪瑟是位热心肠的骗子 |
[15:03] | Very few of us are either completely good or completely evil. | 很少有人是完全善良或是完全邪恶的 |
[15:07] | It would appear that even Hauser | 看起来即使是豪瑟 |
[15:08] | had a moral line that he would not cross. | 也有道德底线 |
[15:11] | Excellent. This is Rosalie Nunez, the reporter I mentioned. | 很好 是罗莎莉·努涅斯打来的 我提过的记者 |
[15:15] | Ms. Nunez, thank you so much for calling me back. | 努涅斯女士 非常感谢你的回电 |
[15:18] | Is this Sherlock Holmes? | 请问是夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗 |
[15:20] | It is. Who’s this? | 是我 你是谁 |
[15:21] | This is Detective Luntz of the NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的伦茨警探 |
[15:24] | You left a voice mail for Ms. Nunez | 你给努涅斯女士留了语音信息 |
[15:25] | saying you were a… consultant? | 说你是一位…顾问 |
[15:28] | I did and I am. | 是我留的 我的确是顾问 |
[15:29] | Why do you have her phone? | 她的电话怎么在你手上 |
[15:31] | I think maybe you should join me at her residence | 我觉得你最好来她住处找我 |
[15:33] | so I can explain in person. | 以便我当面解释 |
[15:36] | I may even have some consulting questions for you. | 我可能还要咨询你些问题 |
[15:49] | Well, it looks like Ms. Nunez was killed by the same person | 看起来努涅斯女士和唐纳德·豪瑟 |
[15:51] | who murdered Donald Hauser. | 是被同一凶手谋杀的 |
[15:54] | The technique used to bind her, the size | 捆绑她的手法 |
[15:56] | and placement of the bullet wounds. | 枪伤的位置和大小 |
[15:58] | I’m quite confident a ballistics report will confirm that. | 我确信弹道报告会证实我说的 |
[16:01] | Our shooter had a busy night two nights ago. | 枪手两天前的晚上真忙呐 |
[16:03] | M.E. put tentative time of death | 法医估计死亡时间 |
[16:05] | only a few hours after Hauser’s. | 就在豪瑟死亡几小时后 |
[16:09] | I’m gonna tell Luntz to put a rush on ballistics. | 我去告诉伦茨催促一下弹道检查 |
[16:12] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[16:13] | Why would the same person want to kill both the man | 为什么同一个人会想杀掉 |
[16:15] | who stole people’s life’s savings | 偷取人们积蓄的人 |
[16:16] | and the reporter who exposed him? | 以及揭发报告他的记者 |
[16:19] | Seems like if you hated one, | 通常如果你仇视其中一个 |
[16:21] | you’d be a fan of the other. | 就应该会支持另一个 |
[16:22] | Rare to come across such a literal case | 很少碰到这样的案子 |
[16:24] | of someone shooting the messenger. | 有人会枪击信使 |
[16:32] | Looks like she plugged in her laptop here. | 看起来她把笔记本电脑放在这里 |
[16:35] | We should find out if it’s missing. | 我们应该找找看还在不在 |
[16:55] | Come and have a look at this. | 过来看看这个 |
[17:04] | The killer entered by force. | 杀手是破门进来的 |
[17:06] | Kicked the door here. | 踢了门的这里 |
[17:10] | Mmm. Sap of the Osage orange, unless I’m mistaken. | 如果没错的话 是奥色治橙子的汁液味道 |
[17:14] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[17:15] | Bit of a misnomer, really. | 其实有点用词不当 |
[17:17] | Aside from a vague… citrusy scent, | 除了一点淡淡的…柑橘香味 |
[17:19] | it is unrelated to the orange. | 它和橙子没有关系 |
[17:21] | It’s a closer cousin to the mulberry, actually. | 事实上 它是桑葚的近亲 |
[17:22] | So, killer kicked in the door, | 杀手踹开了门 |
[17:24] | transferred the sap from his shoe. | 把鞋上的汁液弄到了门上 |
[17:26] | Which tells us the most likely route he took on his way here. | 这就告诉了我们他来的路上最可能经过的路径 |
[17:32] | “Monkey balls.” | “猴子球” |
[17:34] | Beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[17:36] | One of the many folk names for the Osage orange. | 是奥色治橙子的众多俗称之一 |
[17:40] | Squirrels rip the fruit apart, | 松鼠们把果实撕破 |
[17:41] | spreading the seeds and the sap on the ground. | 种子和汁液就溅落在地上 |
[17:43] | This park is the only place in the vicinity | 这个公园是努涅斯女士住处附近 |
[17:46] | of Ms. Nunez’s apartment where one is likely to find one of these. | 唯一一处可能找到这种果实的地方 |
[17:49] | So you think whoever shot her walked through here | 所以你认为杀害她的凶手 |
[17:51] | on his way to her apartment. | 在去她家的路上经过了这里 |
[17:53] | And perhaps again when he left. | 可能在离开时又经过了一次 |
[17:57] | Isn’t that Alfredo’s ringtone? | 那不是阿弗雷多的铃声吗 |
[17:58] | Yes, he’s been harassing me. I promised | 是的 他一直在骚扰我 我答应 |
[18:00] | I would go to a meeting with him yesterday, | 昨天和他参加一个互助会 |
[18:01] | but the investigation took precedence. | 但因为调查的事耽误了 |
[18:03] | It still does. | 现在仍然没时间 |
[18:06] | Check it out, check it out! | 快看啊 |
[18:07] | Behold, Watson, | 看啊 华生 |
[18:08] | a generation lost to narcissism. | 自恋的一代 |
[18:11] | A populace who believes that no experience is | 这代人觉得如果不能够上传到网上 |
[18:12] | worth having unless it’s been uploaded | 并得到足够的点击率 |
[18:15] | and received its fair share of hits, | 任何经历都是没有价值的 |
[18:17] | for whom the pinnacle of achievement is having the moment | 这些人的人生顶峰是 |
[18:18] | you crush your genitalia on a metal railing | 蛋蛋撞到金属栏杆上的时刻 |
[18:21] | achieve “Meme” status. | 达到的”我牛逼”状态 |
[18:24] | And yet their self-absorption may, in this instance, serve us. | 可这一次他们的自我关注可能还帮了我们 |
[18:28] | I happen to know from my police scanner that the police | 我碰巧从我警局的线人那得知 |
[18:30] | are often called to this park to chase skateboarders away. | 警察经常被叫来驱赶这些玩滑板的 |
[18:32] | They are, to the dismay of some parkgoers, here at all hours. | 据一些焦虑的公园游客反映 他们整天在这里 |
[18:37] | So if they were here two nights ago when the killer walked by, | 所以如果两天前凶手走过时他们也在的话 |
[18:40] | one of them might have caught them on their cell phone. | 也许有人在手机上拍到了他 |
[18:45] | I will talk to the narcissists. | 我去跟自恋狂们谈谈 |
[18:46] | You go meet Alfredo so you can get to a meeting. | 你去跟阿弗雷多碰头参加互助会 |
[18:48] | I’ve stitched up a lot of these guys | 以前我在急诊室实习时缝合过 |
[18:50] | back during my E.R. Rotation. I know how to talk to them. | 很多滑板少年 我知道怎样跟他们沟通 |
[18:53] | You speak idiot? | 你和笨蛋们说过话 |
[18:55] | You also don’t seem like you’re in the greatest mood. | 你看起来心情也不是很好 |
[18:57] | This might need a softer touch. | 这种沟通不能硬来 |
[18:59] | I’ll let you know if anything turns up. | 有什么发现我会告诉你的 |
[19:08] | You’re not Alfredo. | 你不是阿弗雷多 |
[19:10] | You’re Sherlock, right? | 你是夏洛克 对吧 |
[19:11] | And you are? | 你是 |
[19:13] | Randy. | 兰迪 |
[19:16] | – Name or adjective? – What? | -名字还是形容词 -你说什么 |
[19:18] | Short for “Randall”? Or state of sexual arousal? | 是兰德尔的简称 还是性兴奋的状况 |
[19:20] | Are you asking me if I’m horny? | 你是在问我是否饥渴吗 |
[19:22] | Well, cars like this can have that effect on some men. | 这样的车会对某些男人有这种影响 |
[19:25] | Sherlock, | 夏洛克 |
[19:27] | I see you guys have met. | 你们已经见过了 |
[19:29] | Ah. I thought for a moment that your home had been infiltrated. | 我还以为有人潜入你家了 |
[19:34] | I see that’s not the case. | 看来不是那么回事 |
[19:35] | No, Randy and I met at a meeting a few weeks ago. | 不 兰迪和我几周前在一次互助会上认识的 |
[19:37] | Three months sober. | 已经戒毒三个月了 |
[19:39] | He’s been going it alone for now, but… | 他现在正独自戒毒 但… |
[19:41] | we were talking a few nights ago, and… | 我们几天前谈过 |
[19:43] | we think he might benefit from a sponsor. | 我们觉得也许有个担保人对他更好 |
[19:48] | Yep. Yep. A wise decision. | 是的 明智的决定 |
[19:51] | Yeah. And a… excellent choice. | 而且 是很好的选择 |
[19:54] | Yeah, um, Alfredo has, uh, | 对 阿弗雷多 |
[19:57] | helped me profoundly over the last 18 months, so, uh, | 在过去的十八个月里帮了我很多 |
[20:01] | yeah, you’re in excellent hands. | 你找对人了 |
[20:03] | Actually, I was thinking | 事实上 我在想 |
[20:05] | that you might be the man for the job. | 你可能是这个活的合适人选 |
[20:08] | Alfredo tells me i can learn a lot from you. | 阿弗雷多告诉我我能从你身上学到很多 |
[20:12] | Yeah. Um… | 哦… |
[20:14] | could you just… Could you give us a moment? | 你能不能…能不能回避一下 |
[20:18] | We’ll just be one second, all right? | 我们就聊一小会儿 |
[20:24] | You’re joking. | 你在开玩笑 |
[20:25] | Do you think the idea of you | 你觉得让你成为 |
[20:26] | becoming a sponsor is funny? Because I don’t. | 担保人这主意可笑吗 我不这么认为 |
[20:29] | I’ve been thinking about it for a while, okay? | 我已经考虑很久了 知道吗 |
[20:31] | The stuff you said the other night pretty much sealed it. | 那天你吐露的心声让我确定了这点儿 |
[20:33] | What “stuff”? | 什么”心声” |
[20:34] | Do you want to know why you’ve been | 你想知道过去几周 |
[20:36] | so agitated for the last few weeks? | 你为什么那么焦虑不安 |
[20:37] | Why you’ve been so distracted? | 为什么那么心烦意乱 |
[20:39] | Because you feel bad about what happened to your friend. | 因为你对你朋友的遭遇感到不好受 |
[20:41] | I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[20:43] | I was completely in the right. | 我没有任何失误 |
[20:45] | Maybe for the old you, that would’ve been enough. | 也许对以前的你来说 没错就够了 |
[20:48] | But not now. | 但对现在的你来说不够 |
[20:49] | You’re different now. | 你已经不一样了 |
[20:51] | You committed yourself to the program | 你一直参加小组互助活动 |
[20:53] | and now you heard other people tell their stories. | 在你听别人讲述他们的故事的时候 |
[20:55] | And a little empathy crept in. | 同情心一点一点渗透进去 |
[20:57] | That’s what’s supposed to happen. | 这是顺其自然应该发生的事 |
[20:58] | That’s how it works. | 就是这样起作用的 |
[21:00] | You want to help Detective Bell, but he won’t let you. | 你想要帮助贝尔警探 但他不让你帮 |
[21:02] | That is a good instinct to have. | 有这种自觉很好 |
[21:05] | Why not try to apply it somewhere else? | 为什么不试着把这种自觉用到其他地方呢 |
[21:09] | Being a sponsor means being available. | 做担保人意味着需要时刻准备着 |
[21:11] | You know me. You know my work. | 你知道我的 还有我的工作 |
[21:13] | It’s all-consuming. | 太花时间了 |
[21:14] | You find time for meetings, don’t you? | 你都能给互助会腾出时间了 不是吗 |
[21:18] | 乔恩·华生 刚到家 滑板视频上传中 | |
[21:22] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[21:22] | I won’t be able to make this evening’s meeting after all. | 今晚的互助会我可能去不了了 |
[21:25] | Duty calls. | 有任务 |
[21:26] | As it always will. | 源源不断的任务 |
[21:38] | – Any luck? – Aside from getting a master class | -有什么发现吗 -除了学到 |
[21:41] | in the difference between a switch and a fakie, no. | 反脚和倒滑的区别之外 没了 |
[21:45] | No one walking by jumped out as suspicious. | 没人看着像有嫌疑的 |
[21:47] | How was the meeting? | 互助会怎么样 |
[21:49] | Probably quite good. I will never know. | 应该不错 我不清楚 |
[21:51] | Because as soon as I got to Alfredo’s, | 因为我到了阿弗雷多家后 |
[21:52] | I was the victim of an ambush. | 迎接我的却是场突袭 |
[21:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[21:55] | He expressed his opinion that it was time I became a sponsor. | 他觉得我是时候当担保人了 |
[22:00] | And what did you say? | 那你说什么了 |
[22:01] | I told him my life is not conducive to making myself | 我跟他说我的人生 |
[22:03] | available every time someone else was in crisis. | 不是为了给别人收拾烂摊子用的 |
[22:05] | You do get that no one’s life is, right? | 你要知道没有人的人生是 好吗 |
[22:11] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[22:12] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[22:13] | The man with the bag. | 那个背着包的男人 |
[22:15] | I know him. | 我认识他 |
[22:16] | Small world. | 世界真小 |
[22:17] | Not that small. | 没那么小 |
[22:19] | I don’t remember his name. | 我记不得他的名字 |
[22:21] | We crossed paths when I first started working with Chloe. | 我刚开始和克洛伊合作的时候见过他 |
[22:24] | He came to her apartment one night. | 某天晚上他去了她公寓 |
[22:25] | That you saying there is a connection between Chloe Butler, | 你是说克洛伊·巴特勒 |
[22:27] | who discovered Donald Hauser’s body, and a man seen | 这个发现唐纳德·豪瑟尸体的人 |
[22:29] | in the vicinity of Rosalie Nunez’s apartment | 和罗莎莉·努涅斯被杀害没多久 |
[22:31] | shortly after her murder? | 就出现在她家附近的人有某种联系 |
[22:35] | You’re right– the world is not that small. | 好吧 世界是没那么小 |
[22:39] | I can’t believe it, but yeah, that’s Nelson. | 我不敢相信 但没错 那是纳尔逊 |
[22:42] | Nelson Maddox. You said this was taken | 纳尔逊·马多克斯 你说这照片 |
[22:45] | outside the apartment of the reporter who died? | 是在死掉的那个记者家附近拍到的 |
[22:48] | A few blocks away. | 只有几个街区远 |
[22:51] | You know how I recognized him, right? | 你知道我是怎么认出他的吧 |
[22:55] | You were here that night. | 那晚你也在 |
[22:57] | The night he came over. | 他来找我那晚 |
[22:59] | He was yelling at you. | 我看到他在冲你大吼 |
[23:01] | I mean, I assumed he was your ex, but… | 我是说 我以为他是你的前男友 但… |
[23:03] | you didn’t want to talk about it, so I didn’t push. | 当时你不太想谈他 所以我也没多问 |
[23:07] | Nelson and I were… | 纳尔逊和我 |
[23:09] | together… | 在一起的时候 |
[23:10] | when I was using. Donald used to bring him | 我还在吸毒 我还在餐厅工作的时候 |
[23:13] | into the restaurant when I still worked there. | 唐纳德总带他过来 |
[23:16] | He introduced us. | 他介绍我们认识的 |
[23:18] | Uh, Nelson said he was an entrepreneur. | 纳尔逊说他是个企业家 |
[23:21] | But then I realized that was his way of saying “Criminal”. | 但后来我才意识到他指的是”罪犯” |
[23:25] | What kind of criminal? | 什么样的罪犯 |
[23:27] | I don’t know. Something with drugs. | 我不清楚 可能和毒品有关 |
[23:30] | He always had a fix, | 他总能帮我搞到毒品 |
[23:31] | and back then, that’s all that mattered to me. | 那时 我也只关心这个 |
[23:34] | But after rehab… | 但康戒之后 |
[23:37] | I told him that I couldn’t see him again, and… | 我告诉他我不能再见他了 |
[23:41] | he got angry, and… | 他很生气 然后… |
[23:44] | he came to see me… | 他来找我… |
[23:46] | It’s okay, take your time. | 没关系 慢慢来 |
[23:48] | I never saw him again, | 我再没见过他了 |
[23:49] | not till you showed me his picture. | 直到你刚刚给我看的照片 |
[23:52] | How did he and Donald know each other? | 他和唐纳德是怎么认识的 |
[23:54] | Was Nelson a business client? | 纳尔逊是他的客户吗 |
[23:56] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m pretty sure he was. | 是的 我非常确定他是 |
[23:59] | Well, if Donald swindled him, | 如果唐纳德骗了他的钱 |
[24:01] | then he would have motive to kill him. | 他就有杀人的动机了 |
[24:04] | But why hurt Rosalie? | 但为什么要杀罗莎莉呢 |
[24:06] | Joan… | 乔恩 |
[24:08] | you know you can’t tell anyone about this. | 你知道你不能跟任何人说起这个吧 |
[24:12] | The only reason that you recognized Nelson | 你认出纳尔逊的唯一原因 |
[24:14] | was because you were here as my sober companion. | 是因为你是我的康戒陪护 |
[24:17] | If you tell the police how you knew him, | 如果你跟警察说起你怎么认识他的 |
[24:19] | you’re gonna have to tell them about me, about my past. | 你就必须告诉他们我的事 我的过去 |
[24:22] | Chloe… I know you don’t like to talk about it, but… | 克洛伊 我知道你不想谈起过去 但… |
[24:26] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[24:28] | I am in a custody battle for Shane. | 我在争取肖恩的监护权 |
[24:30] | His father doesn’t know anything about my life before. | 他父亲不知道我的过去 |
[24:34] | Wh-What do you mean? | 你说什么 |
[24:35] | The lawyers don’t know. | 律师也不知道 |
[24:37] | The court doesn’t know. | 法庭也不知道 |
[24:38] | If it comes out now that I’m an addict, | 如果现在被人发现我是个瘾君子 |
[24:41] | I mean, I-it looks like I hid it– | 我是说 这看上去就很像故意隐瞒 |
[24:42] | they could use it to take Shane away. | 他们会用这招夺走肖恩的 |
[24:45] | Two people are dead. | 两个人死掉了 |
[24:49] | And that kills me, Joan. | 这让我很难受 乔恩 |
[24:52] | But you signed a confidentiality agreement. | 但你签了保密协议 |
[24:55] | You gave your word that you would protect me. | 你发誓保护我的 |
[25:00] | I am sorry… | 我很抱歉 |
[25:03] | but if you want to connect Nelson to Donald, | 但如果你想把纳尔逊和唐纳德联系起来 |
[25:06] | you’re gonna have to find another way. | 你只能通过别的途径了 |
[25:18] | Let’s make sure I understand you– we now have a name | 让我理清楚你的意思 |
[25:21] | to put to the face of the man that we believe | 我们现在已经弄清楚谁残忍地 |
[25:23] | brutally murdered Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez, | 杀害了唐纳德·豪瑟和罗莎莉·努涅斯 |
[25:27] | but we can’t share it with the authorities? | 但我们不能通知警方 |
[25:30] | Not unless we can connect the dots | 除非在不牵扯克洛伊的情况下 |
[25:31] | without involving Chloe. | 我们能把他们联系起来 |
[25:32] | Which, in this case, is the same thing, | 但在现在这个情况下 这就是一个意思 |
[25:34] | because Chloe is the connection. | 因为唯一的联系就是克洛伊 |
[25:37] | And all this over a promise | 所有这些复杂的情况都是因为 |
[25:39] | you made in another career? | 你在做上一份职业时做出的承诺造成的 |
[25:40] | Yes. Just like the promise I made you | 没错 就像我们刚开始工作时 |
[25:42] | when we first started working together. | 我对你做出的承诺一样 |
[25:44] | Uh, what was it you told people I was back then? | 你那时候是怎么跟别人介绍我的 |
[25:46] | Ah. A personal valet. | 贴身女仆 |
[25:48] | If our confidentiality agreement | 如果我们的保密协议 |
[25:50] | had ever come between us and a murderer, | 涉及到谋杀案 |
[25:51] | I would have exposed myself as an addict in a heartbeat. | 我绝对眼都不眨地承认我是个瘾君子 |
[25:53] | This is not about Chloe being ashamed. | 克洛伊不是因为感到羞耻才拒绝的 |
[25:56] | It’s bigger than that– | 比那要严重得多 |
[25:56] | she could lose her child. | 她可能因此失去她的孩子 |
[25:58] | That’s unlikely even if the boy’s father did find out, | 不可能 即使孩子父亲发现了真相 |
[25:59] | and it’s far from a certainty that he will. | 而且孩子的父亲也不太可能发现真相 |
[26:02] | Donald Hauser was an execrable human being. | 唐纳德·豪瑟是个恶棍 |
[26:04] | Rosalie Nunez was not. | 但罗莎莉·努涅斯不是 |
[26:06] | She had a family; they loved her. | 她有爱着她的家人 |
[26:08] | She had friends, colleagues– many people consider her a hero | 她有朋友 同事 还有许多人因为 |
[26:10] | for exposing Hauser… | 她揭露豪瑟的事把她看做英雄 |
[26:11] | This is not up for discussion. | 这件事没得商量 |
[26:12] | We have to find another way to connect Maddox to Hauser. | 只有另找途径把马多克斯和豪瑟联系起来 |
[26:17] | And while we look for this other connection, | 但在我们另找途径的同时 |
[26:19] | Mr. Maddox remains at large, | 马多克斯先生却逍遥法外 |
[26:20] | free to cover his tracks or disappear. | 随时能抹掉证据或消失不见 |
[26:22] | We should at least tell the captain what we’ve uncovered. | 我们至少可以告诉警监我们的发现 |
[26:24] | Explain the situation, | 跟他解释清楚情况 |
[26:26] | but make it clear that Chloe’s identity is to remain a secret. | 让他保密克洛伊的情况 |
[26:28] | I suggested that, okay? She said no. | 我提过这个建议 但她拒绝了 |
[26:29] | What if we do it anyway? | 我们为什么不就这么做呢 |
[26:30] | Why must she ever know? | 她没必要知道这些 不是吗 |
[26:31] | So your solution is to make a liar out of me, | 你的解决方案就是让我变成个骗子吗 |
[26:33] | after I told her that she could trust you? | 在我告诉她你值得信任之后吗 |
[26:35] | I have us at the very doorstep of a solution, Watson! | 我们离成功只有一步之遥了 华生 |
[26:37] | Did you not learn anything | 贝尔受伤之后你难道 |
[26:38] | from what happened to Bell? | 什么教训都没学到吗 |
[26:40] | He got hurt because of choices that we made! | 他受伤是因为我们做出的决定 |
[26:42] | There was no way to predict that he would be placed in danger. | 我们根本没办法预知他会有危险 |
[26:45] | Just like there’s no way to know what’s gonna happen to Chloe | 如果我们把克洛伊牵扯到调查中 |
[26:47] | if we drag her name into this investigation. | 你也没办法预知她会发生什么事 |
[27:37] | You beat the alarm. | 你弄坏了警报器 |
[27:39] | Only a matter of time. | 不过是时间问题 |
[27:40] | And my home alarm. | 还有我的家用警报器 |
[27:41] | Child’s play. | 轻而易举 |
[27:43] | Not really befitting a man in your line of work. | 不应该是你们这行的水平 |
[27:48] | You might want to replace these. | 你可能想换掉这些 |
[28:08] | Well, obviously you want to talk, so talk. | 很明显 你想找人聊 那就聊聊吧 |
[28:13] | I’ve always had compassion | 对于我调查的案件中的受害者 |
[28:15] | for the victims of the crimes I investigate. | 我总是抱有同情 |
[28:20] | My capacity to place myself in other people’s shoes, | 我将自己置于他人境况中的能力 |
[28:25] | to imagine what they’re thinking and feeling, is a… | 以及想他人所想的能力 |
[28:27] | is a necessary skill in determining motive. | 在调查犯罪动机中是一项必备技能 |
[28:30] | One at which I excel. | 我在这方面很优秀 |
[28:34] | This capacity… | 这种能力 |
[28:36] | has never been a detriment to my work. | 从未对我的工作造成任何负面影响 |
[28:40] | Lately, however… | 但是最近 |
[28:41] | Bell’s been on your mind. I get it. | 贝尔的事情让你耿耿于怀 我明白 |
[28:43] | And you would risk exacerbating this problem | 但你却冒着让这一问题恶化的风险 |
[28:45] | by assigning me a sponsee. | 给我分配一个被担保人 |
[28:47] | No one’s “assigning” you anything. | 没人在给你分配任何东西 |
[28:48] | That’s not how it works. | 担保与被担保不是这样进行的 |
[28:50] | I just think you’re ready. | 我只是觉得你已经可以做担保人了 |
[28:52] | You think it’s gonna… | 你认为这能使我 |
[28:54] | focus me, and provide a relief valve | 集中精力 并且为我提供了一个放松渠道 |
[28:57] | for all the feelings I’ve been having | 释放自己对于警探这件事 |
[28:58] | regarding the detective’s situation. | 所产生的情绪 |
[29:00] | Even if I did, there’s one thing you got to remember. | 即使我是这么想的 你也要记住一点 |
[29:05] | It’s not about you. | 这和你无关 |
[29:09] | You’ve gotten a lot out of the program. | 你从互助会上学到很多 |
[29:12] | Don’t you think it’s time to give something back? | 你不觉得也应该回馈些什么吗 |
[29:44] | Early start, I see. | 这么早就开始工作了 |
[29:46] | Late night, actually. I tried to sleep but couldn’t, | 其实是在熬夜 想睡但睡不着 |
[29:48] | so I stayed at it. | 所以就通宵了 |
[29:51] | Chloe said Maddox was a client of Hauser’s, | 克洛伊说马多克斯是豪瑟的一位客户 |
[29:54] | but his name is not in any of Hauser’s accounts. | 但他的名字从未出现在豪瑟的账本中 |
[29:56] | I’ve been over the records a dozen times– | 我已经研究账本十多次了 |
[29:57] | I cannot find a link between the two. | 还是不能找到二者的联系 |
[29:59] | If we were able to establish that Maddox lost money | 如果我们能够找到证据 证明马多克斯 |
[30:02] | on Hauser’s pyramid scheme, we would have our connection | 在豪瑟的骗局中赔了钱 我们就能 |
[30:05] | without implicating Chloe, | 将二者联系在一起 还不牵扯克洛伊 |
[30:07] | as well as Maddox’s motive for murder. | 也就找到了马多克斯的杀人动机 |
[30:09] | In the meantime, I sent Captain Gregson | 同时 我把马多克斯在公园的录像带 |
[30:11] | the video of Maddox in the park | 发给了格雷森警监 |
[30:12] | and convinced him to release it to the press. | 并说服他公布录像 |
[30:15] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[30:16] | If we bring him in, it’ll at least buy us some time. | 如果我们逮捕他 还能为我们赢得些时间 |
[30:18] | And getting him in a room might shake out another connection. | 审讯他也许能为我们找到另一条线索 |
[30:22] | – Did you tell the Captain about Chloe? – No. Remember how | -你告诉警监克洛伊的事了吗 -没有 |
[30:25] | I noticed Rosalie’s laptop was missing from her apartment? | 记得我发现罗莎莉的笔记本电脑失踪了吗 |
[30:28] | Well, I looked into it– it never turned up. | 我调查了一下 没发现笔记本电脑的去向 |
[30:30] | Then I told the Captain about the sap on Rosalie’s door | 我告诉了警监罗莎莉家门上的树液 |
[30:33] | and how that led us to the park. | 以及我们如何通过它来到公园的 |
[30:34] | Then I sent him the video | 然后将马多克斯身挎 |
[30:36] | of Maddox walking away with a laptop bag | 电脑包 在案发时间左右 |
[30:38] | slung over his shoulder right around the time of the murder. | 在公园出现的视频发给他 |
[30:41] | I couldn’t give him Maddox’s name | 我不能告诉他马多克斯的名字 |
[30:43] | without bringing up, Chloe, of course, | 因为这会牵扯到克洛伊 |
[30:44] | but at least his face is out there. | 但至少现在他的样子已经公布于众了 |
[30:47] | I know it’s not ideal. | 我知道这不是最好的办法 |
[30:48] | But given the circumstances, | 但基于现有的情况 |
[30:50] | it was quite literally all that we could do. | 这是我们能做的全部了 |
[30:54] | Well done. | 做得很好 |
[31:01] | It’s Captain Gregson. | 是格雷森警监 |
[31:02] | Someone saw Maddox’s face on the news | 有人在新闻上看到马多克斯 |
[31:03] | and called in a tip. | 打电话来提供线索 |
[31:06] | A member of your outreach staff | 你公司外展工作人员中的一位 |
[31:07] | met him at a fund-raiser | 在募捐会上见过他 |
[31:08] | your organization threw about a year ago. | 募捐会是你们公司在一年前举办的 |
[31:11] | She dug up the guest list for us. | 她帮我们查找了宾客名单 |
[31:13] | The list gave us a name: | 名单中显示 这人名叫 |
[31:14] | Nelson Maddox. | 纳尔逊·马多克斯 |
[31:16] | I remember him. | 我记得他 |
[31:18] | I met him through Donald. | 我是通过唐纳德认识他的 |
[31:20] | I-I think Donald was the one | 我想是唐纳德 |
[31:22] | who invited him to the fund-raiser. | 邀请他参加募捐会的 |
[31:23] | Do you think you’d be able to shed | 你能告诉我们 |
[31:24] | any light on their relationship? | 他们之间的关系吗 |
[31:26] | Donald introduced him | 唐纳德介绍他 |
[31:28] | as another client. | 是一名客户 |
[31:29] | Uh… I think he had something to do with the art world. | 我想他和艺术圈有关 |
[31:35] | In fact, he donated a few paintings | 事实上 那晚他捐赠了 |
[31:37] | to the auction that night. | 一些画作给拍卖会 |
[31:39] | I’m pretty sure they all sold. | 我确定那些作品已全部售出 |
[31:42] | Thank you. This was very helpful. | 谢谢 你的信息很有帮助 |
[31:45] | He said Maddox was a client of Hauser’s | 他说马多克斯是豪瑟的一位客户 |
[31:48] | who was involved in the art world. | 并且是在艺术圈中的人 |
[31:49] | I have been all over that client list– | 我仔细看了宾客单 |
[31:51] | the only thing that comes close is an art gallery in Chelsea. | 和艺术圈有关的就是切尔西的一家艺廊 |
[31:54] | Maddox’s name was not associated with it. | 但马多克斯的名字与它毫无联系 |
[31:56] | But do you think he may have been a silent partner? | 他会不会是隐名合伙人 |
[31:58] | Well, it would explain where he got all the art he donated. | 这样的话就能解释他所捐赠的那几幅画了 |
[32:04] | Sorry, mm… | 抱歉 |
[32:05] | – No. – You don’t know him? | -不认识 -你不认识他 |
[32:08] | Fabiana, did you say it was? | 你叫菲比安娜 对吧 |
[32:11] | Fabiana, would it be safe to assume | 菲比安娜 我猜想 |
[32:13] | that you are not the owner of this establishment? | 你不是艺廊的主人对吧 |
[32:16] | Why you assume that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[32:18] | I mean no disrespect. | 我没有任何不敬的意思 |
[32:19] | I’m sure you’re a valued member of the team. | 我确信你是团队中有价值的一名队员 |
[32:21] | But do you know the owner, or owners? | 但你认识艺廊的所有者或者所有者们吗 |
[32:23] | – Of course. – But you don’t know the man in the photograph. | -当然认识 -但你不认识照片中的人 |
[32:26] | And the name Nelson Maddox doesn’t mean anything to you? | 纳尔逊·马多克斯这个名字你也没听过 |
[32:29] | No. Sorry. | 没有 不好意思 |
[32:31] | Uh, do you mind if we peruse? | 你介意我们仔细看看吗 |
[32:33] | Huge fans of the neo-deconceptualists. | 我们是新型非概念主义的粉丝 |
[32:35] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[32:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:40] | Neo-deconceptualists? | 新型非概念主义者 |
[32:42] | Not a thing. | 没这个东西 |
[32:43] | Don’t tell Fabiana– it might crush her. | 别告诉菲比安娜 她会崩溃的 |
[32:46] | So she was obviously lying | 很明显 她说自己不认识 |
[32:48] | about not knowing Nelson Maddox. | 纳尔逊·马多克斯是在说谎 |
[32:49] | Yeah, obviously. | 是的 很明显 |
[33:03] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[33:11] | You see something? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[33:15] | Fabiana, did you open up the gallery this morning? | 菲比安娜 今早是你开的门吗 |
[33:19] | Nothing out of the ordinary? | 没什么可疑的吗 |
[33:21] | No. | 没有 |
[33:22] | No. | 没有 |
[33:27] | Heel scuffs on the floor. | 鞋跟在地板上的划痕 |
[33:32] | Looks like someone was dragged. | 像是拖拽某人造成的 |
[33:35] | Out here. | 在外边 |
[34:27] | Would you care to revise your answers? | 你想要更改你的答案吗 |
[34:29] | Because it would appear | 因为看起来纳尔逊·马多克斯 |
[34:29] | that Nelson Maddox has some connection | 和这个艺廊 |
[34:31] | to this gallery after all. | 还是有联系的 |
[34:42] | So, Maddox’s car | 马多克斯的车 |
[34:44] | was parked up the block, and inside it, | 停在一个街区外的地方 |
[34:46] | we found the gun, right caliber, and the same | 我们在车里发现一把口径相符的枪 |
[34:50] | kind of rope used to bind Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez. | 还有捆唐纳德·豪瑟和罗莎莉·努涅斯的绳子 |
[34:54] | Now, under the circumstances, Fabiana admitted | 在这样的情况下 菲比安娜承认 |
[34:58] | that Maddox was a silent partner, and | 马多克斯是一位隐名合伙人 |
[35:01] | that his main line of work was distributing street drugs | 他的主要工作是给那些秘密客户 |
[35:04] | to a discreet level of clientele. | 提供毒品 |
[35:07] | As in, a dealer for rich people. | 也就是为富人提供毒品 |
[35:09] | Presumably, her employers were not fond of admitting | 可能她的老板不想承认 |
[35:11] | they had a drug dealer as an investor. | 投资者中有一位贩毒者 |
[35:13] | Hence, her initial silence. | 所以她保持沉默 |
[35:15] | So Maddox had money tied up in the gallery, | 所以马多克斯的钱与艺廊联系在一起 |
[35:18] | and the gallery was a client of Donald Hauser’s. | 而艺廊又是唐纳德·豪瑟的一个客户 |
[35:20] | So, that explains why Maddox killed Hauser. | 也就解释了为什么马多克斯杀了豪瑟 |
[35:23] | Now, the question is, who killed Maddox? | 问题是 谁杀了马多克斯 |
[35:25] | And why did Maddox kill Rosalie Nunez | 以及马多克斯为什么杀了罗莎莉·努涅斯 |
[35:27] | and steal her laptop? | 还偷了她的笔记本电脑 |
[35:30] | She must have found something | 在调查豪瑟的骗局时 |
[35:30] | on Maddox when she researched Hauser’s pyramid scam. | 她一定发现了什么 |
[35:33] | But if his only connection to Hauser | 但如果马多克斯与豪瑟的唯一联系 |
[35:35] | was this gallery, what’s so incriminating about that? | 是这间艺廊 这又有什么问题呢 |
[35:41] | Watson, I think you’re right. | 华生 我想你是对的 |
[35:43] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[35:44] | That Rosalie Nunez knew | 罗莎莉·努涅斯知道 |
[35:45] | that there was more to this gallery than meets the eye. | 这个艺廊肯定隐瞒了什么秘密 |
[35:48] | The red dots | 这些红点 |
[35:50] | on the wall that are placed next to some of the pieces. | 标记在某些作品旁边的墙上 |
[35:52] | As you would find in any such establishment, | 这在艺廊里经常会看到 |
[35:54] | they’re placed next to an item to indicate that that particular item has been sold. | 是用来表示旁边的这幅作品已经出售了 |
[35:56] | But in this gallery… | 可在这间艺廊里 |
[35:59] | the dots are consistently placed next to every third piece. | 每隔两幅画就会标记一个红点 |
[36:04] | As if a single individual, | 似乎是有个人 |
[36:07] | walking at a relatively steady pace, circled the room, | 步伐匀速 绕着房间走 |
[36:12] | peeling off dots… | 做下标记 |
[36:15] | randomly designating certain pieces as sold. | 随机指定某些作品被出售了 |
[36:20] | Reality would never be so tidy. | 现实不可能这么有规律 |
[36:22] | What we have here is a shoddily executed lie. | 这一切都是一个粗制滥造的谎言 |
[36:26] | I submit that these dots exist | 我认为这些红点 |
[36:28] | to make it look like business is being conducted in here. | 是为了让这里看起来在正常营业 |
[36:31] | Whereas, in truth, the gallery in which we stand | 而事实上 我们所在的这间艺廊 |
[36:34] | is much more likely a money-laundering front. | 其实是个洗黑钱的掩护所 |
[36:38] | Fabiana? | 菲比安娜 |
[36:40] | Can I trouble you for one more thing? Your books. | 能再麻烦你一件事吗 你们的账本 |
[36:42] | If these items on the walls have indeed been sold, | 如果墙上的这些作品真被出售了 |
[36:44] | you must maintain a record of whom they’ve been sold to, yes? | 你们一定留有买家的记录 对吧 |
[36:48] | Yes. | 对 |
[36:54] | You wanted to see me? | 你们找我 |
[36:56] | Jacob Weiss, this is Captain Gregson of the NYPD. | 雅各布·韦斯 这是纽约警局的格雷森警监 |
[37:00] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[37:02] | Magnificent work you do. | 你真是功德无量 |
[37:04] | Setting right, in at least some small way, | 想为几十年前那场可怕的罪行 |
[37:06] | such a horrific wrong done decades ago. | 做些弥补 尽管是很小的方面 |
[37:10] | I wonder how some of the Holocaust survivors would feel, | 我很好奇 那些大屠杀的幸存者若知道 |
[37:14] | knowing that money had been claimed in their names | 有人冒他们之名索赔 他们却毫不知情 |
[37:17] | without them knowing, or-or even seeing a dime. | 更没拿到一分钱 会怎么想 |
[37:21] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[37:22] | You’ve been embezzling millions from your own charity by filing | 你以幸存者的名义填写虚假的索赔申请 |
[37:24] | false claims in the names of survivors | 从自己的慈善机构贪污了数百万 |
[37:27] | who are either dead, or who were simply never informed. | 这些人要么已经死了 要么毫不知情 |
[37:29] | How-how dare you accuse me…?! | 你岂敢指责我… |
[37:31] | This is a list of people | 这份名单上的人都应该 |
[37:33] | who supposedly bought artwork from Nelson Maddox’s gallery. | 从纳尔逊·马多克斯的艺廊买了作品 |
[37:36] | The same gallery that you claimed to know absolutely nothing about. | 你声称对这间艺廊一无所知 |
[37:39] | Funny thing is, | 但有趣的是 |
[37:40] | I remember seeing all of these names somewhere before. | 所有这些名字我之前都见过 |
[37:43] | Here, on this sculpture. | 就是这里 在这雕塑上 |
[37:46] | It’s quite a coincidence, isn’t it? | 实在太巧了 对不对 |
[37:49] | So many of the gallery’s customers | 这么多艺廊的顾客 |
[37:51] | being survivors that you’d helped. | 正好是你帮助过的幸存者 |
[37:53] | You and Nelson Maddox were business partners. | 你跟纳尔逊·马多克斯是商业合作伙伴 |
[37:56] | You laundered the embezzled money through his gallery. | 你用他的艺廊漂白你贪污的钱 |
[37:58] | That was the incriminating evidence | 唐纳德·豪瑟的文件里 |
[37:59] | in Donald Hauser’s files. | 有你确凿的罪证 |
[38:01] | We strongly suspect that, as the charity’s CPA, | 我们怀疑 作为这家机构的注册会计师 |
[38:03] | Hauser realized what was going on, and even he | 豪瑟发现了你的所作所为 |
[38:06] | couldn’t stomach it. | 就连他都无法接受 |
[38:08] | When his own house of cards came tumbling down, | 在他自己的骗局被公之于众 |
[38:10] | and he decided to take his own life, | 他决定自杀一了百了时 |
[38:11] | he also decided to share what he knew about your scheme with Rosalie Nunez. | 他也把你的计谋告诉了罗莎莉·努涅斯 |
[38:16] | In your own words, | 用你自己的话说 |
[38:17] | perhaps it was a “Karmic counterbalance.” | 可能这就是为了”消除业障” |
[38:20] | We think his mistake was giving you a heads-up. | 我们觉得他错在给你提了个醒 |
[38:23] | Probably when the two of you had dinner a few nights ago. | 也许就是几晚前你们俩吃晚餐的时候 |
[38:25] | That gave you time to contact Maddox, | 这让你有时间联系马多克斯 |
[38:27] | who then tortured out of Hauser what he’d done with the files. | 他折磨豪瑟说出了文件的下落 |
[38:30] | Maddox then killed Rosalie, and took her laptop. | 然后马多克斯就杀了罗莎莉并拿了她的电脑 |
[38:33] | When you saw on the news that we had | 当你在新闻上看到 |
[38:34] | identified Maddox as the killer, | 我们确定马多克斯就是凶手后 |
[38:36] | you killed him to cover your tracks. | 你杀了他以求自保 |
[38:39] | We’re already working our way down that list of supposed art buyers. | 我们已经在查那份艺术品买家的名单了 |
[38:42] | So far, not one of them or their families had any idea | 到目前为止 没有人或其家人知道 |
[38:46] | they’d been awarded six-figure settlements. | 他们获得了六位数的赔偿金 |
[38:48] | I don’t suppose you’d like to explain why that is. | 我想你不太想解释这事的原因吧 |
[38:58] | Oh, sorry. I was, uh… | 不好意思 我… |
[39:00] | I was looking for Captain Gregson. | 我在找格雷森警监 |
[39:02] | Detective Bell. | 贝尔警探 |
[39:03] | That’s all right. Come in. | 没关系 进来吧 |
[39:07] | Frank Da Silva. | 我是弗兰克·达·席尔瓦 |
[39:11] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[39:13] | As in, Deputy Commissioner Da Silva? | 您是达·席尔瓦副局长 |
[39:16] | Captain Gregson was nice enough to lend us his office | 格雷森警监善意地提供了他的办公室 |
[39:18] | so that we could speak privately. | 好让我们能单独聊聊 |
[39:20] | What do you know about my division, Detective? | 你对我的部门有多少了解 警探 |
[39:26] | I got a pretty good idea. | 有些了解 |
[39:27] | You’re in charge of an intelligence unit? Surveillance? | 您主管情报部门 负责监控是吗 |
[39:30] | It’s called the Demographics Unit. | 其实叫做人口统计学部门 |
[39:34] | The-the name’s not mine. | 这名可不是我起的 |
[39:37] | To me, uh, being so euphemistic–it’s, um, | 我觉得 起个这么委婉的名字 |
[39:41] | makes it sound like you’re doing something wrong. | 弄得好像是在做什么见不得人的事 |
[39:44] | And we’re not. | 可事实并非如此 |
[39:46] | We’re just… | 我们只是 |
[39:48] | keeping an eye out on certain groups. | 关注某些特定的人群 |
[39:51] | Listening for concerning chatter. | 监听可疑的对话 |
[39:54] | I think if you took a close look at what we’ve been doing, | 我相信如果你详细了解我们的工作 |
[39:57] | you’d agree that we’re keeping the city safe. | 你会同意我们是在保证城市的安全 |
[40:00] | You don’t have to convince me… | 您其实不必说服我 |
[40:01] | – No, but I’d like to. – Sir? | -但我想要说服你 -您这是… |
[40:03] | I wanted to talk to you | 我来跟你说这些 |
[40:04] | because your situation has been brought to my attention. | 是因为有人跟我说了你的情况 |
[40:08] | I’m told that you are an exceptional detective. | 我听说你是名非常出色的警探 |
[40:14] | You’re a man with a good head on his shoulders, | 你是个很有头脑的人 |
[40:18] | who, by no fault of his own, | 却因为别人的原因 |
[40:21] | may be staring at a desk job for a good, long time. | 可能有很长一阵子只能做文职工作 |
[40:30] | Or… | 或者 |
[40:32] | you could come work for me. | 你可以来我的部门 |
[40:37] | Does that interest you, Detective? | 你有兴趣吗 警探 |
[40:42] | Would you care to help protect your city from the next attack? | 你愿意与我一同保护纽约免受下一次袭击吗 |
[40:59] | Enter! | 请进 |
[41:05] | Randall, thank you for coming. | 兰德尔 谢谢你过来 |
[41:09] | Sure. | 没什么 |
[41:14] | Cool place. | 这地方真不赖 |
[41:19] | Won’t you please sit down? | 请坐吧 |
[41:37] | Look, man… | 听着 伙计 |
[41:39] | if you don’t want to be my sponsor, it’s all good. | 如果你不想当我的担保人 没关系 |
[41:41] | I do. | 我想 |
[41:44] | I do. | 我想当 |
[41:54] | When I chose Alfredo to be my sponsor, I did so on a whim. | 当初我选阿弗雷多做我的担保人全是一时兴起 |
[41:57] | I felt pressure to find one, so I chose him at random. | 我迫于压力 然后随便挑了他 |
[42:00] | I had very low expectations of him, | 我对他完全没什么期望 |
[42:02] | and of sponsorship, in general. | 对这种担保制度也一样 |
[42:04] | Didn’t think I needed either. | 觉得我不需要这些 |
[42:09] | I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[42:12] | He has taught me how to get the very most out of the program. | 他教会了我如何从这个项目里获利最大 |
[42:18] | He did not coddle me. | 他并没有拥抱安慰我 |
[42:19] | And so, if we choose to formalize our relationship, | 所以如果我们要正式开始这段关系 |
[42:21] | I will not coddle you. | 我也不会拥抱安慰你 |
[42:23] | If you have come seeking a friend, | 如果你是来找朋友的 |
[42:24] | look elsewhere. | 最好去别处 |
[42:26] | If you need a therapist, | 如果你需要咨询师 |
[42:27] | I will happily supply you with a list. | 我很乐意给你推荐人选 |
[42:29] | I will only ever be your sponsor. | 我只会做你的担保人 |
[42:33] | I will share with you my methods, | 我会跟你分享我的方法 |
[42:34] | and hope that your commitment to sobriety is as great as my own. | 并期望你和我一样对戒毒下定决心 |
[42:38] | Are these terms acceptable? | 你能接受这些条件吗 |
[42:41] | You’re sober. | 你不再吸毒了 |
[42:44] | You have been for a long time now. | 已经戒了很长时间 |
[42:47] | Of course I find the terms acceptable. | 我当然能接受这些条件 |