时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Elementary: | 《福尔摩斯: 演绎法》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Several weeks ago, he learned of the existence | 几周前 他听说 |
[00:04] | of a woman named Irene Adler. | 一位叫艾琳·艾德勒的女人 |
[00:06] | He’s only loved one person in his life, | 就我所知 这是他生命中 |
[00:08] | as far as I can tell, and she was murdered. | 唯一爱过的人 而她被谋杀了 |
[00:10] | Your girl, that was him. | 你的女人是他杀的 |
[00:13] | That was Moriarty. | 是莫里亚蒂干的 |
[00:15] | And whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to? | 请问我有幸在和哪位通话 |
[00:17] | My name is Moriarty. | 我的名字叫莫里亚蒂 |
[00:21] | I believe we’re overdue for a chat. | 我相信这对话久违了 |
[00:23] | Well, if this is Moriarty, then, yeah, long overdue. | 好吧 如果是莫里亚蒂 确实久违了 |
[00:27] | If? | 如果 |
[00:28] | You’re just a voice on the end of a telephone. | 你只是电话那头的一个声音 |
[00:31] | I don’t even know if you have a first name. | 我甚至不知道你有没有名字 |
[00:33] | Mind telling me your first name? | 介意告诉我你的名字吗 |
[00:35] | I appreciate your | 我很感激你 |
[00:36] | passing my message along to Sebastian Moran. | 把我的消息传达给塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰 |
[00:40] | I hear his prognosis is quite grave. | 我听说他的病情不容乐观 |
[00:42] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[00:43] | I expect you to feel angry | 我希望你感到愤怒 |
[00:45] | because I manipulated you. | 因为我利用了你 |
[00:47] | Rather easily, I might add. | 而且轻而易举 我要加上这个词 |
[00:49] | Chin up, Holmes. | 别灰心 福尔摩斯 |
[00:50] | Manipulation is my business. | 操纵别人就是我的事业 |
[00:53] | Seems more like murder is your business. | 看起来谋杀更像你的事业 |
[00:55] | A part of it. | 只是一部分 |
[00:58] | Explain. | 解释一下 |
[01:00] | Consider me a spider. | 把我当成一只蜘蛛 |
[01:01] | I sit motionless | 我静静地坐在 |
[01:03] | at the center of my web. | 我织的网的中央 |
[01:04] | That web has a thousand radiations, | 这张网有一千根放射丝 |
[01:06] | and I know well every quiver of each of them. | 我能察觉到每一个细微的颤动 |
[01:09] | I do little myself, I only plan. | 我的工作很少 我只需做计划 |
[01:12] | But my agents are numerous and splendidly organized. | 但我的执行人数量庞大组织性极强 |
[01:16] | If there is a crime to be done, | 如果你需要犯罪行为 |
[01:17] | a paper to be abstracted, a house to be rifled, | 毁掉文件 洗劫房屋 |
[01:20] | a man to be removed, the word is passed to me, | 除掉某人 我会得到消息 |
[01:23] | the matter is planned | 制定计划 |
[01:24] | and carried out. | 然后执行 |
[01:25] | So, you’re a pimp, and assassins are your girls. | 所以你就是老鸨 杀手们就是你的姑娘 |
[01:30] | Yes, I suppose that’s one way of putting it. | 对 也可以这么说 |
[01:34] | Irene Adler. | 艾琳·艾德勒 |
[01:36] | Did you have her killed? | 是你让人杀了她吗 |
[01:38] | That is the question, is it not? | 这就是你的问题 不是吗 |
[01:40] | The one that’s haunted you these many months? | 困扰了你好几个月的问题 |
[01:43] | Why’d you do it? | 你为什么要杀她 |
[01:45] | And what is your interest in me? | 你对我有什么企图 |
[01:47] | You want answers. | 你想要答案 |
[01:48] | I don’t blame you. | 我不怪你 |
[01:50] | But first, I require something of you. | 但首先 我要你给我些东西 |
[01:53] | I’d like to hire you. | 我想雇用你 |
[01:55] | Not as an assassin, | 不是当杀手 |
[01:56] | though I do believe you’d excel in that position. | 虽然我觉得你也可以胜任 |
[01:59] | I’d like to secure your services as an investigator. | 我想让你调查一件事 |
[02:03] | A man named Wallace Rourke | 一个叫华莱士·鲁尔克的人 |
[02:05] | was murdered in Brooklyn several months ago. | 几个月前在布鲁克林被杀了 |
[02:08] | The New York Police Department investigated, | 纽约警察局进行了调查 |
[02:10] | but failed to find any leads. | 但毫无头绪 |
[02:12] | Bring his killer to justice, and I promise | 将凶手绳之以法 我保证 |
[02:15] | I’ll give you all the answers you can handle. | 会给你你能接受的所有答案 |
[02:43] | Here we are. | 就是这个 |
[02:45] | New York Ledger from December. | 十二月的《纽约纪事报》 |
[02:46] | Wallace Rourke, mechanic, age 43, | 华莱士·鲁尔克 修理工 43岁 |
[02:48] | found stabbed to death in an alley in Brooklyn. | 在布鲁克林的一条小巷中被刺身亡 |
[02:51] | Can we just take a moment to talk about what just happened? | 我们能不能花点时间说说刚才的事 |
[02:53] | Mr. Rourke’s missing wallet | 鲁尔克先生丢失的钱包 |
[02:54] | and watch led the police to suspect | 和手表让警方怀疑 |
[02:55] | he was the victim of a mugger. | 他是抢劫案的受害者 |
[02:57] | Moriarty, or someone claiming to be Moriarty, | 莫里亚蒂 或者一个自称莫里亚蒂的人 |
[02:59] | called and asked you to take a case, and you’re doing it. | 打电话让你破一个案子 而你答应了 |
[03:02] | – And why wouldn’t I? – For one thing, he’s dangerous. | -为什么不呢 -首先 他很危险 |
[03:04] | For another, you think he’s behind Irene’s death. | 其次 你认为他是杀死艾琳的幕后黑手 |
[03:06] | Yes, and in the course of one brief exchange, | 是的 而且在简短的交流中 |
[03:08] | I’ve already gleaned that Moriarty | 我已经知道莫里亚蒂的 |
[03:09] | is between 40 and 45 years of age, | 年龄在40到45岁之间 |
[03:11] | he hails from Sussex, and he has some interest | 他来自苏塞克斯 而且他 |
[03:13] | or connection to Mr. Wallace Rourke. | 和华莱士·鲁尔克先生有某种关联 |
[03:15] | As the case continues, | 随着案子的进展 |
[03:16] | there will be more interactions. | 就会出现更多的交集 |
[03:18] | And with each interaction, | 而有了这些交集 |
[03:19] | more of the man will be revealed to me. | 这个人就会暴露得更多 |
[03:20] | Assuming the man on the phone is actually is Moriarty. | 如果电话里的人真是莫里亚蒂的话 |
[03:22] | Even if it is a mere minion, | 即使只是个单纯的属下 |
[03:23] | just identifying the minion will get me | 查明这个属下的身份也能让我 |
[03:25] | one step closer to identifying the man himself. | 离查明他本人的身份更近一步 |
[03:27] | How do you know it’s not a trap? | 你怎么知道这不是个陷阱 |
[03:28] | How do you know he doesn’t want to kill you? | 你怎么知道他不想杀了你 |
[03:29] | – He doesn’t. – How can you be so sure? | -他不想 -你凭什么这么确定 |
[03:31] | Because three years ago, he ordered | 因为三年前 他让 |
[03:33] | Daniel Gottlieb not to kill me. | 丹尼尔·戈特利布不要杀我 |
[03:35] | Last night, I was in the sights of another assassin’s rifle. | 昨晚 我暴露在另一个杀手的枪口下 |
[03:37] | Yet, here I sit. | 但我仍毫发无伤 |
[03:39] | It couldn’t be clearer– he doesn’t want me dead. | 这再明显不过了 他不想让我死 |
[03:40] | Then what does he want? | 那他想要什么 |
[03:41] | That’s precisely what I intend to find out. | 这就是我想弄清的事情 |
[03:48] | So… | 所以 |
[03:49] | as we already know, | 我们已经知道 |
[03:50] | Wallace Rourke was attacked | 华莱士·鲁尔克被 |
[03:51] | by an unknown assailant. | 一名未知的凶手袭击 |
[03:52] | His watch, wallet and cell phone were taken. | 他的手表 钱包和手机都不见了 |
[03:54] | He bled to death in an alleyway… | 在一条小巷里失血过多而死 |
[03:55] | He was married. | 他已经结婚了 |
[03:57] | Perhaps a condolence call to his widow is in order. | 也许我们应该去慰问一下他的遗孀 |
[04:01] | Captain Gregson wants a word with you. | 格雷森警监想跟你谈谈 |
[04:02] | Can it wait? | 能等一下吗 |
[04:03] | Not you. Miss Watson. | 不是你 是华生小姐 |
[04:07] | Hi. You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[04:08] | Oh, yeah. Oh, come in. | 对 进来吧 |
[04:09] | Sit down. Close the door. | 请坐 关上门 |
[04:12] | You ever have trouble trying | 你会忘记自己的 |
[04:13] | to remember your online passwords? | 网上密码吗 |
[04:15] | Sure. Sometimes. Why? | 当然 有时候 怎么了 |
[04:17] | I got this friend named Eddie. | 我有个叫埃迪的朋友 |
[04:19] | We grew up together. | 我们一起长大 |
[04:22] | He invented a widget for storing all your passwords | 他发明了一种小工具可以储存 |
[04:25] | for your computer into one place. | 你电脑上的所有密码 |
[04:26] | – You know the one? – Yeah. | -你知道那个吧 -对 |
[04:28] | He made a fortune, sold his company, | 他赚了一大笔钱 卖掉了公司 |
[04:31] | and he moves his family down to Boca Raton. | 把家搬到了波卡拉顿 |
[04:33] | Good for Eddie. | 对他来说不错 |
[04:34] | Yeah, but not so good for his daughter, Kelly. | 但对他的女儿凯莉来说就不好了 |
[04:37] | She ended up with a pretty serious drug problem. | 她染上了很严重的毒瘾 |
[04:39] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾听到这个消息 |
[04:41] | So Eddie and I were talking on the phone the other day. | 所以埃迪那天给我打电话 |
[04:43] | And he happened to mention that he and his wife were looking | 他刚好提到他和妻子正在 |
[04:45] | to hook Kelly up with a sober companion | 为凯莉寻找一个出院之后的 |
[04:48] | after she gets out. | 康戒陪护 |
[04:49] | I’m thinking, I know a great one. | 我在想 我知道一个不二人选 |
[04:52] | You know that I don’t do that kind of work anymore. | 你知道我已经不做那种工作了 |
[04:54] | Probably only take you a couple of months. | 也许只需要你几个月的时间 |
[04:57] | It’s not like you’re formally committed to Holmes anymore. | 反正你和福尔摩斯之间已经没有正式合同了 |
[05:00] | – Right? – Speaking of. | -对吧 -说到这个 |
[05:02] | He’s already downstairs. I should go meet him. | 他已经在楼下了 我得去见他 |
[05:04] | But you know what? I will give you some other names. | 但是我会给你另外几个人选的 |
[05:08] | I’m sorry, I’ve never heard | 对不起 我以前从没 |
[05:10] | the name “Moriarty” before in my life. | 听说过莫里亚蒂这个名字 |
[05:13] | Does your husband do any business | 你丈夫跟任何英国人有 |
[05:14] | with any British people? | 生意上的往来吗 |
[05:15] | Wallace worked in a garage. | 华莱士在修车厂工作 |
[05:19] | I mean, he knew a couple of Dominican guys. | 他认识几个多米尼加人 |
[05:21] | When the police questioned you, you mentioned something | 当警察找你问话时 |
[05:23] | about Wallace thinking that he was being followed. | 你提到华莱士认为有人在跟踪他 |
[05:25] | Yeah. A few weeks, um, before he died, | 对 在他死前几周 |
[05:28] | he kept seeing the same car | 他一直在后视镜里 |
[05:29] | in his rearview mirror, but it just… | 看到同一辆车 但是 |
[05:31] | it happened the one time, so the cops said | 那只发生过一次 所以警察说 |
[05:33] | it didn’t have anything to do with the mugging. | 应该和抢劫案没有关系 |
[05:34] | Are those some of your husband’s things? | 那些是你丈夫的东西吗 |
[05:37] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[05:39] | Wallace was kind of a packrat. | 华莱士很喜欢收集东西 |
[05:41] | Do you mind if we take a look? | 我们可以看看吗 |
[05:43] | Yeah. | 行 |
[05:47] | So, you said you’re consulting detectives, right? | 你说你们是顾问侦探 对吧 |
[05:52] | Not the real kind? | 而不是真的侦探 |
[05:53] | Oh, I assure you, | 我可以向你保证 |
[05:54] | the work that we do is quite real. | 我们做的事情绝对真实 |
[05:56] | So, does that mean there’s a new lead? | 意味着有新线索了吗 |
[05:58] | Not exactly, but sometimes, | 不完全是 但是有的时候 |
[06:00] | new eyes on a case can be just as useful as new information. | 换个角度看案件就像新的线索一样有用 |
[06:04] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[06:05] | it might be quite useful | 多花点时间 |
[06:06] | to spend a bit more time with his belongings. | 研究他的东西可能会相当有用 |
[06:08] | Perhaps we could borrow them for a few days. | 或许我们需要借用它们几天 |
[06:10] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:11] | Uh, fine, yeah. Take whatever. | 好的 请随便拿 |
[06:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:18] | Um, I thought I read in the police report | 我记得我在警察的报告里看见 |
[06:20] | that the mugger also stole your husband’s phone. | 抢劫犯还偷走了你丈夫的手机 |
[06:23] | Yeah, well, like I said– | 对 就像我说的 |
[06:24] | Wallace is a packrat. | 华莱士爱收集东西 |
[06:26] | He never threw anything out. | 他从来不扔东西 |
[06:27] | That’s his old phone. | 那是他以前的手机 |
[06:29] | A few weeks before he died, | 他去世的几周之前 |
[06:30] | someone bumped into him on the street | 有个人在街上撞到他 |
[06:33] | and spilled coffee all over it. | 并把咖啡洒了这部手机上 |
[06:34] | He had his new one on him when he died. | 他在去世的时候身上带着的是新手机 |
[06:37] | Please… please… find whoever did this. | 拜托 求求你们 一定要找到凶手 |
[06:42] | According to Wallace’s financial records, | 根据华莱士的财务记录 |
[06:44] | him and his wife were living quite close to the bone. | 他和他的妻子生活得十分窘迫 |
[06:47] | Is that significant? | 这很重要吗 |
[06:48] | Moriarty paid Sebastian Moran | 莫里亚蒂付钱给塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰 |
[06:50] | and Daniel Gottlieb quite handsomely. | 和丹尼尔·戈特利布相当慷慨 |
[06:54] | Oh, so, you think Rourke was working for him, too? | 你认为鲁尔克也在为他工作 |
[06:57] | Moran and Gottlieb were assassins. | 莫兰和戈特利布都是杀手 |
[06:59] | Perhaps he did something less dangerous. | 或许他做的事没那么危险 |
[07:02] | Perhaps he was just good at hiding his money. | 也或许他很擅长藏钱 |
[07:05] | Maybe, but why would Moriarty want | 可能吧 但是莫里亚蒂为什么 |
[07:07] | to expose another one of his employees? | 要暴露另一个他雇佣的人呢 |
[07:09] | It seems a little risky, doesn’t it? | 看上去有点冒险 不是吗 |
[07:10] | It’s one of the advantages | 我想这是作为一个 |
[07:11] | of being a shadowy criminal mastermind, I imagine. | 躲在暗处的犯罪主谋的优势 |
[07:13] | You get to take the occasional risk. | 你必须要偶尔冒险一下 |
[07:16] | But I see your point. | 但是我明白你的意思 |
[07:17] | According to the M.E.’s report, Rourke’s initial wounds | 根据法医的报告 鲁尔克最初的伤口 |
[07:21] | were these two stabs to the chest. | 是胸部的这两处刺伤 |
[07:23] | The wounds are smooth, not jagged, | 伤口很光滑 没有呈锯齿状 |
[07:25] | which would seem to suggest that he was | 这意味着他 |
[07:27] | not moving or struggling | 在被刺的当时 |
[07:28] | when he was stabbed. | 没有移动或者挣扎 |
[07:30] | You’re saying he didn’t resist? | 你是说他没有反抗 |
[07:32] | I’m saying he was motionless | 我是说他没有动 |
[07:33] | or maybe he was frozen in fear. | 或许是他吓得呆住了 |
[07:36] | Wallace was a former Army Ranger. | 华莱士是退伍的游骑兵 |
[07:38] | Given his combat experience, that doesn’t seem likely. | 考虑到他的战斗经验 那不太可能 |
[07:43] | See this bruise below his left ear? | 看到他左耳下面的瘀伤了吗 |
[07:45] | That’s from a blow to the mastoid process. | 那是乳突[颞骨的一部分]受击后形成的 |
[07:47] | That’s designed to stun. | 这一击使他昏迷了 |
[07:49] | He wasn’t frozen in fear; he was immobilized. | 他不是吓呆了 而是动不了 |
[07:52] | Then the killer stabbed him in each lung, | 然后凶手对着他两侧的肺各刺一刀 |
[07:53] | silencing him for good. | 直接致死 |
[07:56] | Whoever attacked Wallace wanted him dead, | 袭击华莱士的人就是想杀了他 |
[07:57] | and knew how to do it. | 而且手法熟练 |
[07:59] | This is not the work of your average street thug | 这跟那些在大街上 |
[08:01] | looking for a wallet, no. | 抢钱包的恶徒的做法完全不同 |
[08:03] | Moriarty’s right. | 莫里亚蒂是对的 |
[08:04] | Obviously, there’s more to this than meets the eye. | 显然 真相远没有表象那么简单 |
[08:09] | And now… | 但是现在 |
[08:11] | I require sustenance. | 我需要吃点东西 |
[08:25] | Out with it, Watson, or you’re gonna spend | 问完再走吧 华生 不然你会 |
[08:27] | all night almost asking me something. | 整晚欲言又止的 |
[08:31] | What was she like? | 她是个怎样的人 |
[08:34] | Irene, you-you talk about what happened to her, | 艾琳 你说过她的遭遇 |
[08:36] | but you never talk about who she was. | 却从没说过她人怎么样 |
[08:39] | She was difficult to explain. | 她是个很难解释的人 |
[08:42] | And I mean that as a compliment. | 我这是在夸奖她 |
[08:44] | She was American. | 她是美国人 |
[08:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:47] | I held it against her only briefly. | 我只是开始有些介意 |
[08:50] | She was an exquisite painter. | 她是个出色的画家 |
[08:53] | She made her living restoring Renaissance paintings | 她靠着为博物馆修复文艺复兴时期的画作 |
[08:56] | for art museums. | 谋生 |
[08:58] | She traveled extensively because of her work. | 因为这份工作 她经常四处旅行 |
[09:02] | She was highly intelligent, | 她聪明过人 |
[09:06] | optimistic about the human condition. | 对人类的生存现状非常乐观 |
[09:09] | You mean that as a compliment, too? | 这也是在夸奖她吗 |
[09:11] | I do, oddly enough. | 确实是 虽然这很奇怪 |
[09:13] | I usually consider it a sign of stupidity, | 我一般把这当作是愚蠢的象征 |
[09:15] | but with Irene, it seemed… | 但在艾琳身上 却好像 |
[09:18] | almost convincing. | 很有说服力 |
[09:20] | She was, to me, the woman. To me, | 对我来说 她就是那个人了 |
[09:24] | she eclipsed and predominated all of her gender. | 全天下的女人在她面前都暗淡无光 |
[09:30] | She’s the one I ever, um… | 她是唯一一个我曾… |
[09:33] | And the sex… | 而在性方面… |
[09:34] | You-you don’t have to… | 你没有必要… |
[09:35] | I learned things, Watson– me. | 我在她身上学到很多 华生 我 |
[09:38] | And that hasn’t happened before. | 那是以前从未有过的 |
[09:42] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[09:44] | I think Wallace Rourke might have been right | 我觉得华莱士·鲁尔克确实是 |
[09:45] | about being followed. | 被跟踪过 |
[09:48] | Have a look at that. | 看看这个 |
[09:51] | It’s an old shipping label. | 就是一张旧的运输单据 |
[09:53] | For the cell phone he had on him when he died. | 是他死时身上的手机的 |
[09:55] | Look at the return address. | 看回信地址 |
[09:58] | Uh, “Postal Unlimited. | “无限制邮政 |
[09:59] | 2249 Lexington Avenue” | 莱克星顿大街2249号” |
[10:02] | All the major cellular companies ship | 所有的主流手机公司 |
[10:04] | from distribution warehouses upstate. | 都从州北部的流动仓库出货 |
[10:06] | And how does that equal him being followed? | 这怎么就能说明他被跟踪了呢 |
[10:07] | Because the simplest way to follow someone in this day | 因为在这个年代跟踪一个人 |
[10:09] | and age is to track them via their cell phone. | 最简单的方法就是通过手机跟踪 |
[10:11] | It’s a relatively simple undertaking | 如果你有那部手机的 |
[10:13] | if you have the device’s | 电子识别码的话 |
[10:14] | electronic identification number. | 这是一件相当简单的事 |
[10:15] | Which you would have | 如果把手机调包 |
[10:16] | if you’d supplied the replacement cell. | 识别码自然就会知道了 |
[10:18] | So who sent Rourke his new phone? | 那是谁给鲁尔克寄的新手机呢 |
[10:23] | You learning anything? | 想到什么了吗 |
[10:24] | Apparently, if my gut tells me I’m in danger, | 很显然 如果本能告诉我正在危险之中 |
[10:26] | I probably am. | 我可能就真的危险了 |
[10:28] | Profound stuff here. | 真是深奥 |
[10:30] | Guy runs one of the biggest private security firms | 这家伙经营的私人安保公司是全国 |
[10:32] | in the country; he’s got to know something. | 最大的几家之一 他肯定有点本事的 |
[10:34] | Mr. Holmes, Miss Watson. | 福尔摩斯先生 华生女士 |
[10:36] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:37] | I’m Daren Sutter. | 我是达伦·萨特 |
[10:39] | This is my wife Kate. | 这是我妻子凯特 |
[10:41] | We were told you consult for the NYPD. | 我们听说你是纽约警局的顾问 |
[10:43] | We have a few questions. | 我们有一些问题 |
[10:44] | If it’s all the same with you, | 如果你们同意的话 |
[10:45] | we’d like to ask them in private. | 我们希望可以私下里谈谈 |
[10:49] | Hmm, so you’re a third-degree black belt in Kyokushinkai. | 你是极真空手道黑带三段 |
[10:53] | That’s impressive. | 真厉害 |
[10:54] | Yeah, only took me 20 years of study to pull it off. | 我花了20年才练成 |
[10:57] | Do you practice the, uh, martial arts? | 你练武术吗 |
[11:00] | A bit of single-stick now and again. | 时常会练练棍术 |
[11:02] | How can we help you? | 有什么可以效劳的吗 |
[11:05] | This is Wallace Rourke. | 这位是华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[11:08] | Your firm was tracking him. | 你们公司曾追踪过他 |
[11:10] | We’d like to know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[11:13] | No? | 你也不认识吗 |
[11:14] | No, I’m afraid we don’t recognize him. | 我们不认识这个人 |
[11:15] | Several months ago, you or one of your employees | 几个月前 你 或是你的一个员工 |
[11:17] | ran into Mr. Rourke and made sure | 故意撞到鲁尔克先生 |
[11:19] | that his cell phone met its end via a cup of French Roast. | 使他的手机掉进法式烧咖啡杯子里 |
[11:22] | He ordered another cell phone from his provider | 他又向供应商订了一部手机 |
[11:24] | but, according to them, | 但是据他们说 |
[11:25] | never switched it on, | 没更换成功 |
[11:26] | most probably because it was intercepted on route | 极有可能是你 或是你的一个员工 |
[11:28] | by you or another one of your employees. | 将其在半路拦下 |
[11:31] | Instead, unbeknownst to Mr. Rourke, | 而鲁尔克先生在不知情的情况下 |
[11:32] | he receivedand began to use an identical cell phone | 收到了一部你们公司提供的相同的手机 |
[11:35] | supplied by your company. | 并开始使用 |
[11:37] | We found the shipping label for that | 在鲁尔克的遗物中我们找到了 |
[11:39] | in Rourke’s things. | 能证明这个的运输单据 |
[11:41] | The return address is for a shipping store | 寄件人地址上写的发货仓库 |
[11:42] | right around the corner from here. | 就在这附近 |
[11:44] | A helpful gentleman identified your company | 一位提供帮助的先生鉴定出 |
[11:47] | as the one who paid to have it sent. | 你们公司就是付款发货人 |
[11:48] | Once Rourke activated your phone, | 一旦鲁尔克激活了你们的电话 |
[11:50] | you were able to monitor his every move, | 你们就可以监控他的行踪 |
[11:52] | and we believe that you did, right up until the moment | 相信你们也这么做了 直到三个月前 |
[11:54] | he was stabbed to death three months ago in Brooklyn. | 他在布鲁克林被刺身亡 |
[11:58] | Actually we only surveilled Rourke for a couple of days. | 实际上我们只监视了鲁尔克几天而已 |
[12:01] | Daren… | 达伦… |
[12:01] | Well, investigative work like this merits | 这样的调查工作至少该得到 |
[12:03] | at least some kind of an answer; | 一些回答吧 |
[12:05] | it’s not as if we can keep denying any knowledge of Rourke. | 反正鲁尔克的事我们也瞒不下去了 |
[12:08] | Right? | 是吧 |
[12:10] | You understand we’re not admitting | 你要知道我们不是承认 |
[12:11] | to tracking his phone. | 我们追踪了他的电话 |
[12:12] | No, no, that would be illegal. | 那这就违法了 |
[12:14] | We looked into Mr. Rourke based on | 我们调查鲁尔克先生 是因为 |
[12:16] | threats he allegedly made against a client. | 一位客户称他受到了鲁尔克先生的威胁 |
[12:19] | After a brief period of legal surveillance, | 经过一段时间的监视后 |
[12:21] | we realized the claims were unfounded; | 我们发现这项指控是毫无根据的 |
[12:23] | we stopped the surveillance. | 然后我们就停止了监控 |
[12:25] | Who was this client? | 那位客户是谁 |
[12:26] | I’m afraid that’s confidential. | 抱歉 这是保密的 |
[12:31] | Let me guess: the client who hired Sutter Risk Management | 我猜一下 雇萨特风险管理公司 |
[12:34] | to investigate Wallace Rourke is | 来调查华莱士·鲁尔克的客户 |
[12:36] | our new suspect in his murder. | 是我们新的谋杀嫌疑犯 |
[12:37] | Now all we have to do is figure out his name. | 现在要做的就是找出他的名字 |
[12:39] | Already have. | 已经有了 |
[12:40] | First name “Made”. Second name “Up”. | 姓”编” 名”造” |
[12:43] | – I don’t believe he exists. – Why not? | -我不认为他真的存在 -为什么 |
[12:45] | Because I believe we’ve already met | 因为我认为我们已经见到了 |
[12:47] | Wallace Rourke’s murderer, | 杀害华莱士·鲁尔克的凶手 |
[12:48] | and he’s the spitting image of this man. | 就是上边这个人 |
[12:53] | 达伦·萨特 《朋友还是敌人 评估日常风险》 | |
[12:53] | Daren Sutter’s book | 透过达伦·萨特的书 |
[12:54] | amounts to a virtual confession | 他相当于间接承认了 |
[12:56] | to the murder of Wallace Rourke. | 他是杀害达伦·萨特的凶手 |
[12:58] | He published that book five years ago. | 这本书他五年前就出版了 |
[13:00] | How’d he confess to something he hadn’t done yet? | 案件还没发生 他怎么承认 |
[13:02] | The book is more than | 这本书不仅仅是 |
[13:03] | a mass market précis of his insights | 他对安保及风险管理的 |
[13:05] | into security and risk management. | 大众化概述 |
[13:07] | It is a window into what drew him to the field | 也能通过这本书看出来是什么 |
[13:09] | in the first place. | 开始把他引向这个行业 |
[13:11] | Look at page 13. | 看第十三页 |
[13:13] | February, 1991, Westport, Connecticut– | 1991年2月 康涅狄格州 韦斯特波特市 |
[13:16] | Sutter was 23. | 萨特当时23岁 |
[13:17] | His older sister Leah was | 他的姐姐莉亚 |
[13:19] | brutally murdered during | 在一场被警方认定是 |
[13:20] | what the police believe was a home invasion robbery. | 入室抢劫案中被残忍杀害 |
[13:22] | Sutter was staying with her at the time. | 萨特当时是跟她住在一起的 |
[13:25] | Oh, he got home just as the perpetrator fled the house. | 正当凶手逃走时 他回来了 |
[13:28] | More than that. | 不仅如此 |
[13:29] | He came face-to-face with the man. | 他与凶手打了个照面 |
[13:31] | He gave the police a full description. | 而且为警察提供了充分的描述 |
[13:33] | Enough for them to generate… | 足够合成… |
[13:36] | a detailed sketch. | 凶手的细节肖像图 |
[13:42] | So you think Wallace Rourke is | 你认为是华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[13:44] | the one who killed Sutter’s sister 22 years ago. | 在22年前杀害了萨特的姐姐 |
[13:46] | The police never caught the culprit. | 警察没有抓到凶手 |
[13:48] | Sutter was tormented by his failure to protect her | 萨特深受打击 为其无力保护姐姐 |
[13:51] | and law enforcement’s failure to catch killer– | 以及司法抓捕凶手的无能 |
[13:54] | it became his raison d’être. | 这就是他从事这行的原因 |
[13:55] | He dropped out of business school. | 他先是从商学院退学 |
[13:57] | He began to study law enforcement, | 又开始学习执法 |
[13:58] | security… and Kyokushinkai Karate, | 安保…和极真空手道 |
[14:01] | which utilizes mastoid strikes. | 而这种空手道擅长击打对手乳突 |
[14:04] | Just like the blow used to stun Wallace Rourke | 正如华莱士·鲁尔克被捅死前 |
[14:06] | before he was stabbed to death. | 使其昏迷的那一击 |
[14:08] | Now all you really know is that | 你现在知道的只是 |
[14:10] | Wallace Rourke has a passing resemblance | 华莱士·鲁尔克长得跟警方以前的 |
[14:12] | to an old police sketch. | 素描图很相似 |
[14:14] | Did he have a criminal history? | 他有犯罪前科吗 |
[14:16] | According to his army record, he enlisted under a waiver, | 根据服役记录 他曾取得豁免并入伍 |
[14:18] | which means a judge gave him the choice | 这意味着他可以选择 |
[14:20] | between prison or the army. | 蹲监狱或是服役 |
[14:23] | His conviction was for breaking and entering. | 他供认的罪行是私闯民宅 |
[14:25] | Can we place Rourke anywhere near the murder? | 谋杀案发生时鲁尔克在哪儿 |
[14:27] | Following his discharge from the army in November 1990, | 根据记录 他于1990年11月退伍 |
[14:30] | Rourke moved back to his mother’s house in Stamford, Connecticut, | 之后住在了康涅狄格州斯坦福市的母亲家 |
[14:34] | which I believe is half an hour’s drive from where Leah was killed. | 从那里开车到莉亚被杀现场只需半小时 |
[14:37] | So it is possible that, over 20 years ago, | 那么有可能在20年前 |
[14:40] | Wallace Rourke killed Sutter’s sister. | 是华莱士·鲁尔克杀害了萨特的姐姐 |
[14:41] | And that Rourke’s recent death was the result | 而鲁尔克的死就是萨特跟踪 |
[14:44] | of Sutter tracking him down and killing him in retribution. | 并血债血偿的结果 |
[14:48] | But why does Moriarty care about any of this? | 但为什么莫里亚蒂关心这个呢 |
[14:51] | I would venture he wants us to bring down Sutter. | 我认为他是想让我们扳倒萨特 |
[14:53] | Sutter’s security firm, as you yourself pointed out, | 萨特的安保公司 正如你所说的 |
[14:56] | is one of the best in the country. | 它是国内最好的安保公司之一 |
[14:57] | With Sutter removed, it would in theory, | 萨特倒台之后 理论上说 |
[14:59] | make his clients more vulnerable. | 他的客户们就变得有机可乘 |
[15:01] | Moriarty may have one of them in his crosshairs. | 这些客户可能就包含有莫里亚蒂的目标 |
[15:03] | Which means our work on this case | 这意味着我们对这件案子的调查 |
[15:05] | could cost someone their life. | 可能牺牲他人的生命 |
[15:06] | Not if our work leads to Moriarty’s undoing first. | 如果先把莫里亚蒂正法 就不会了 |
[15:09] | Which will mean we save that person and anyone else | 这意味着我们还救了 |
[15:11] | Moriarty intends to victimize in the future. | 莫里亚蒂将要杀害的人 |
[15:13] | Okay, let’s say you’re right– | 姑且认为你是对的 |
[15:14] | Moriarty planned this. | 莫里亚蒂计划了这一切 |
[15:15] | That would mean he already knew | 这就说明他已经知道了 |
[15:16] | that Sutter killed Wallace Rourke. | 是萨特杀的华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[15:18] | Which is why I’ve arranged to speak with Sutter | 这也就是我为什么安排 |
[15:19] | first thing in the morning in private. | 明早与萨特的私密谈话 |
[15:22] | “In private”? | “私密” |
[15:23] | It’s gonna be a very delicate conversation. | 这将是场十分微妙的谈话 |
[15:25] | For what it’s worth, | 反正我知道 |
[15:26] | he’s not bringing his wife either. | 他肯定不会带上他妻子了 |
[15:34] | 格雷森警监 我波卡的朋友又来电了 你真的不感兴趣吗 | |
[15:40] | Mr. Sutter, thank you for meeting me. | 萨特先生 谢谢你能和我见面 |
[15:43] | Stand up, please. | 请站起来 |
[15:48] | Okay… | 好的 |
[15:50] | Can you tell me what you’re doing there? | 能告诉我你在干什么吗 |
[15:52] | It’s a bug-sweeper. | 这是个窃听检测器 |
[15:53] | I’m checking for listening devices. | 我检查下是否有窃听器 |
[15:56] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:59] | That’s all Right. | 好的 |
[16:02] | Okay. | 完了 |
[16:03] | Thank you. Your turn. | 谢谢 换你来 |
[16:07] | When you’ve heard what I have to say, | 当你听过我的话后 |
[16:09] | you’ll want to be quite sure | 你会很希望 |
[16:09] | we’re not being recorded. | 我没有录下我们的谈话 |
[16:16] | Excellent, good. | 很好 |
[16:18] | Now then, I’m curious. | 现在 我很好奇 |
[16:22] | How do you feel since you killed Wallace Rourke? | 自从你杀了华莱士·鲁尔克后 感觉如何 |
[16:24] | – Okay, we’re done. – No, no, listen to me. | -好了 我走了 -别 听我说 |
[16:26] | Consider it an inquiry from one scarred man to another. | 就当是受伤的男人之间的交流 |
[16:30] | Or rather from one man to one | 或是一个伤痕累累的人 |
[16:31] | whose wounds have finally begun to heal. | 向一位伤口开始愈合之人的咨询 |
[16:35] | I can tell the change from the pictures in your office. | 我从你公司的照片中看到了你的变化 |
[16:37] | Since December you’ve lost 15 pounds, | 自从十二月份 你瘦了十五磅 |
[16:38] | you got rid of the bags under your eyes. | 眼袋也消除了 |
[16:41] | Both signs of a lifting depression. | 这都是抑郁症好转的症状 |
[16:43] | Avenging your sister’s death has… has freed you. | 替你姐姐的死报仇后 你解脱了 |
[16:46] | I told you– we surveilled Rourke | 我告诉过你 我们监视过鲁尔克 |
[16:48] | for a couple of days, that’s it. | 就仅仅几天 仅此而已 |
[16:49] | You’re a terrible liar. | 你太不会说谎了 |
[16:50] | Actually, I’m an excellent liar. | 事实上 我很擅长说谎 |
[16:52] | No, no, no– better than most | 不不不 比一般人擅长 |
[16:53] | and excellent are two different things. | 和很擅长是两个概念 |
[16:55] | I know that you killed Rourke. | 我知道你杀了鲁尔克 |
[16:57] | If you had proof, you’d be talking to the police, right? | 如果你有证据的话 你应该报警 不是吗 |
[16:59] | I don’t have any proof yet. | 我暂时还没有证据 |
[17:01] | It’s just a matter of time. | 不过这也只是迟早的事 |
[17:03] | Unless we can find some way | 除非我们能找到一种方法 |
[17:06] | to divert my attention. | 来转移我的注意力 |
[17:09] | Moriarty. | 莫里亚蒂 |
[17:11] | Does the name mean anything to you? | 知道这个人吗 |
[17:13] | Should it? | 我应该知道吗 |
[17:14] | Yes, it should. | 对 你该知道 |
[17:15] | He pointed me in your direction. | 是他让我来调查你 |
[17:18] | I think he wishes to profit from your incarceration. | 我认为 他想从你入狱中得到好处 |
[17:20] | I’m just not sure how. | 只是还不确定他如何做 |
[17:22] | I’ve never heard that name before in my life. | 我从来没听说过这个名字 |
[17:25] | Now you’re telling the truth. | 现在 你说的是实话 |
[17:27] | Okay, I’m gonna need access to your client files. | 好吧 我需要调查你的客户资料 |
[17:29] | See if I can discern if there’s a link | 看能不能找出莫里亚蒂和 |
[17:30] | between him and one of them. | 其中的人的联系 |
[17:32] | You want me to trust you with my business | 一个神秘人想要我的命 |
[17:34] | based on some crazy story about a mystery man | 就为这种荒唐的故事 |
[17:36] | plotting my demise? | 我就要让你介入我公司吗 |
[17:38] | No. | 不可能 |
[17:40] | Some proof then. | 那就来点证据吧 |
[17:41] | Judging by the precision with which you killed Rourke, | 鉴于他明确知道是你杀了鲁尔克 |
[17:44] | not to mention Moriarty’s resources, | 别说他庞大的资源网 |
[17:47] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he learned of your transgression | 我毫不怀疑他是通过监听你的办公室或住宅 |
[17:49] | via listening device in your office and/or home. | 来得知你的犯罪行为的 |
[17:51] | Impossible– we sweep both regularly. | 这不可能 我们定期检查窃听器 |
[17:54] | “Regularly”– so if one knew the schedule, | 定期也就是说 如果有人知道计划 |
[17:56] | then one could remove and replace bugs as needed. | 他就可以在检查前 取走窃听器 |
[17:59] | So, sweep them today, see what you find, | 你今天检查下 看能否找到窃听器 |
[18:01] | then contact me and we’ll talk about your clients. | 再联系我 谈谈有关你客户的事情 |
[18:08] | Are you trying to get rid of me? | 你是想把我支走吗 |
[18:11] | What’re…? | 什么 |
[18:12] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[18:14] | Well, your friend in Boca, | 你的朋友在波卡区 |
[18:15] | the one whose daughter needs a companion, | 他们的女儿需要一位康戒陪护 |
[18:17] | I-I just feel like you’re pushing me | 我觉得你在逼我 |
[18:18] | to take that offer. | 做这件事情 |
[18:19] | Are you unhappy with my work? | 你对我的工作不满意吗 |
[18:21] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[18:23] | I appreciate the work you’ve done with Holmes. | 我很感谢你和福尔摩斯的工作 |
[18:26] | And, uh, you’re turning into a… | 你自己也在成为 |
[18:28] | pretty damn good investigator in your own right. | 一位很好的侦探 |
[18:31] | But…? | 但是呢 |
[18:34] | Have a seat. | 先坐 |
[18:40] | There’s something you got to try to understand. | 你要试着理解 |
[18:44] | Guys like him, | 像福尔摩斯这样的人 |
[18:45] | they walk between the raindrops. | 他们穿梭于危险之中 |
[18:47] | They don’t get wet. | 但从不受伤 |
[18:48] | People like you do. | 可你这样的人会受伤 |
[18:50] | People like his ex-girlfriend do. | 像他前女友这样的 也会受伤 |
[18:53] | So you’re concerned about my safety. | 所以你是担心我的安危 |
[18:56] | In case you haven’t noticed, | 如果你还没注意到的话 |
[18:57] | a lot of bodies been dropping around our boy of late. | 最近他身边不少人出了事 |
[19:00] | You’re in the danger zone, also. | 你自己也身处危险之中啊 |
[19:02] | I’ve been a cop for 30 years. | 我已经做了三十年的警察 |
[19:04] | I carry a gun. | 我有枪 |
[19:05] | And a penis. | 还是个男的 |
[19:07] | You think this is about you being a woman? | 你认为这只是因为你是女的吗 |
[19:09] | I’m just don’t understand why you are concerned | 我只是不明白你为什么 |
[19:11] | about my safety specifically. | 这么关心我的安全 |
[19:13] | No one, and I mean no one, is closer to this guy | 没有人像你这样 和他走得这么近 |
[19:16] | than you are– you live in his house, for crying out loud. | 你可是住在他的房子里 |
[19:19] | He needs me right now. | 他现在需要我 |
[19:21] | That guy is always gonna need someone. | 他总是需要别人照顾 |
[19:25] | He may be the smartest guy I’ve ever met in my life. | 他也许是我见过最聪明的人 |
[19:28] | But he is also the most self-absorbed. | 但同时也是最以自我为中心的人 |
[19:31] | He probably doesn’t even recognize | 他可能都没有意识到 |
[19:34] | the danger you’re in. | 你所处的危险 |
[19:36] | I do. | 我意识到了 |
[19:40] | Captain…sorry to interrupt, but there’s a Daren Sutter here | 警监 不好意思打断一下 |
[19:44] | from Sutter Risk Management. | 萨特风险管理公司的达伦·萨特来了 |
[19:45] | Says he wants to confess to the murder of Wallace Rourke. | 说想要承认谋杀华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[19:49] | Uh, I came across Wallace Rourke | 我知道华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[19:51] | after a routine background check. | 是因为一次例行背景调查 |
[19:54] | He was a mechanic. | 他是位技工 |
[19:55] | He applied for a position at a high-end dealership. | 想要从一个高端经销商那里申请职位 |
[19:58] | My company was responsible for reviewing the three finalists. | 我们公司负责审核最后的三位人选 |
[20:02] | And how did you know he was the man who killed your sister? | 你怎么知道他是杀害你姐姐的凶手的 |
[20:05] | I recognized him immediately. | 我一眼就认出了他 |
[20:07] | It’s been 22 years since Leah was murdered, | 莉亚已经死了二十二年了 |
[20:09] | and I still remember everything about that night. | 我还记得那晚的一切 |
[20:12] | Especially him. | 尤其是他 |
[20:15] | Why don’t we start at the beginning? | 你从头说起吧 |
[20:16] | He found them. | 他找到了 |
[20:18] | Moriarty’s bugs. | 莫里亚蒂的窃听器 |
[20:20] | You think that’s how Moriarty knew he killed Rourke? | 你认为莫里亚蒂是这样知道达伦杀了鲁尔克的 |
[20:23] | He knows that someone can prove that he killed Rourke, | 他知道有人有证据证明他是凶手 |
[20:25] | and he’s confessing to get out ahead of it, | 就先来自首 |
[20:27] | and get the best deal that he can. | 这样处罚能轻一点 |
[20:29] | If only he’d followed instruction, | 如果他能听从我的建议 |
[20:30] | come to me instead. | 来找我就好了 |
[20:32] | Probably thought you were part of the conspiracy. | 可能以为你也是阴谋的一部分呢 |
[20:35] | I suppose, in a sense, I am. | 从某个角度来说 我的确是 |
[20:41] | So, what now? | 现在怎么办 |
[20:43] | We’ve done as Moriarty asked. | 我们已经做了莫里亚蒂要求的 |
[20:44] | I found Wallace Rourke’s killer | 我找到了杀害华莱士·鲁尔克的凶手 |
[20:45] | and brought him to justice. | 并将他绳之以法 |
[20:47] | Now we await his call. | 现在我们等莫里亚蒂的电话 |
[20:48] | And my answers. | 以及我的答案 |
[20:50] | Personal security expert Daren Sutter, | 曾出版过《朋友还是敌人》一书的 |
[20:53] | who was best known for his book Friend or Foe, | 私人安保专家达伦·萨特 |
[20:55] | has confessed to the murder of Wallace Rourke, | 已经承认谋杀华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[20:58] | whom he alleges was responsible for the murder of his sister | 他声称华莱士·鲁尔克是二十二年前 |
[21:01] | 22 years ago. | 谋杀他姐姐的凶手 |
[21:03] | Leah Sutter, who is Daren’s older sister… | 莉亚·萨特 也就是达伦的姐姐 |
[21:04] | Okay, that is not distracting at all. | 你制造的噪音真是一点都不打扰人啊 |
[21:07] | Moriarty must know about Sutter’s arrest by now. | 莫里亚蒂一定知道萨特被捕了 |
[21:09] | Why hasn’t he called? | 怎么还不来电话呢 |
[21:11] | Moriarty, as you so eloquently put it, | 如你所说 莫里亚蒂 |
[21:13] | is an assassin pimp. | 是个杀手老鸨 |
[21:15] | Did you really think if you solved this case, | 你真的认为 如果我们解决了这个案子 |
[21:16] | he’d keep up to his side of the bargain? | 他会履行他的承诺 |
[21:18] | I’m well aware that moriarty is playing with me. | 我知道莫里亚蒂在和我玩游戏 |
[21:20] | Just because I can’t predict his next move, | 虽然我不知道他下一步要做什么 |
[21:23] | doesn’t mean I can’t expect him to make one. | 但知道他一定会有下一步行动 |
[21:26] | Why were you at the police station the other day | 萨特去警局自首的时候 |
[21:28] | when Sutter came in to confess? | 你怎么会在那里 |
[21:30] | I needed to talk to Gregson. | 我有事和格雷森谈 |
[21:32] | Was this a continuation of your earlier mysterious conversation | 是你们上次的神秘谈话没完 |
[21:34] | with him or is it an entirely new one? | 还是又开始了新的神秘话题 |
[21:48] | I see Daren Sutter is under arrest. | 我看见达伦·萨特被捕了 |
[21:51] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[21:52] | I held up my half of the bargain, | 我完成了协议里我的部分 |
[21:53] | I expect you to do the same. | 我希望你也能做到 |
[21:56] | To the contrary, you’ve only revealed part of the truth. | 事实上 你只是解开了真相的一部分 |
[21:59] | I owe you nothing. | 我不欠你什么 |
[22:00] | You want the whole truth? | 你想要所有的真相 |
[22:01] | I know a great deal more than you think. | 我有个更好的提议 |
[22:03] | I know that Sutter was your target all along. | 我知道萨特一直以来都是你的目标 |
[22:05] | I know that you had him under surveillance. | 我知道你一直在监视他 |
[22:06] | I know that you didn’t want to reveal that surveillance | 我知道你不想暴露你在监控他 |
[22:08] | to the authorities, so you utilized me to expose him. | 所以你利用我来曝光他 |
[22:10] | You’re slipping, Holmes. | 你不比当年了 福尔摩斯 |
[22:12] | I’m referring to the truth about Leah Sutter’s murder. | 我说的是莉亚·萨特谋杀案的真相 |
[22:15] | Wallace Rourke killed her. | 华莱士·鲁尔克杀了她 |
[22:17] | No, in fact, he did not. | 不 事实上 他没有 |
[22:20] | He had an alibi. | 他有不在场证明 |
[22:21] | Let me guess: His mother swears | 让我猜猜 他妈妈发誓 |
[22:23] | that she dealt him into her bridge hand that evening. | 那晚在跟他打桥牌 |
[22:25] | After Rourke left the Army, | 在鲁尔克退役之后 |
[22:26] | his mail went to his mother’s house in Connecticut, | 他的邮件都寄往位于康涅狄格州的母亲家 |
[22:29] | but Rourke did not. | 但是鲁尔克不在那里 |
[22:30] | He was in Saudi Arabia doing off-the-books work | 他在沙特阿拉伯为一家美国石油公司 |
[22:33] | for an American oil company. | 谋取灰色收入 |
[22:35] | He didn’t return until March 1991. | 直到1991年3月都没有回家 |
[22:39] | Sutter swears that he saw him. | 萨特发誓说看到了他 |
[22:40] | Sutter is wrong. | 萨特错了 |
[22:42] | He killed the wrong man. | 他杀错了人 |
[22:44] | And your work is far from done. | 你要做的事还很多呢 |
[22:47] | Finish it. | 去完成它吧 |
[22:58] | Oh, good, you’re awake. | 真好 你醒了 |
[23:00] | Oh… how long was I out? | 我睡了多久 |
[23:02] | 107 minutes. | 107分钟 |
[23:03] | Precisely enough time to cycle through all five stages | 时间足够完成快速眼动或非快速眼动睡眠 |
[23:05] | of REM and non-REM sleep, | 的五步循环 |
[23:07] | leaving your mind clear for the day’s labor. | 让你的脑子从一天的劳累中解放 |
[23:09] | Oh… have you made any progress? | 你有进展吗 |
[23:14] | If by “Progress”” | 如果你说的进展是指 |
[23:15] | you mean have I proven that Moriarty was wrong | 我证明了莫里亚蒂是错的 |
[23:17] | and Wallace Rourke killed Daren Sutter’s sister, | 华莱士·鲁尔克确实杀了达伦·萨特的姐姐 |
[23:19] | as Daren and myself had come to believe, then, no, | 正如我们一致所相信的 那么就没进展 |
[23:22] | I have made the opposite of progress. | 我获得了相反的结论 |
[23:24] | Ugh. So Rourke was in Saudi Arabia | 也就是说案发当时 |
[23:25] | at the time of the murder. | 鲁尔克确实在沙特阿拉伯 |
[23:27] | I can’t prove that. | 我不能证明这点 |
[23:28] | Nor, unfortunately, can I prove he was anywhere else. | 而且不幸的是 我也没法证明他在别的地方 |
[23:31] | After Rourke left the Army in 1990, | 鲁尔克在1990年退役以后 |
[23:34] | his mail and his personal effects | 他的邮件和个人财产 |
[23:36] | went to his mother’s place in Connecticut. | 都寄到了在康涅狄格州的母亲家 |
[23:38] | There is nothing to suggest that Rourke accompanied them. | 没有任何证据表明鲁尔克在那里生活 |
[23:41] | There’s no credit card purchases, no… | 没有信用卡消费记录 没有 |
[23:43] | no bank withdrawals… no financial activity at all. | 没有银行取款 没有任何财产变动 |
[23:46] | Monetarily… a ghost. | 在财产角度上看 就像一个幽灵 |
[23:48] | Maybe his mother paid for everything. | 也许他的妈妈支付了所有的账单 |
[23:50] | An arrangement which is not unheard of. | 相当同意 |
[23:52] | However, Rourke’s medical records show | 然而 鲁尔克的医疗记录表明 |
[23:55] | that shortly before he left the Army, | 在他退役前不久 |
[23:57] | he refilled his malaria pill prescription. | 他又申请了疟疾处方药 |
[23:59] | He also received a typhoid booster. | 他还领了伤寒药剂 |
[24:01] | So it’s possible that he was planning to stay in Kuwait. | 所以有可能他当时打算留在科威特 |
[24:03] | He also received a vaccination for… | 他还接受了脑膜炎链球菌的 |
[24:06] | meningococcal disease. | 疫苗接种 |
[24:08] | Inoculation for that disease is only required | 只有要去沙特阿拉伯的人 |
[24:10] | for travel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia! | 才会要求接种那种疫苗 |
[24:14] | Again, not proof. | 虽然还是没有证据 |
[24:15] | But it is a suggestive detail | 但这是一个很有提示性的细节 |
[24:17] | which I should have noticed before. | 我之前就应该注意到的 |
[24:19] | I also should have noticed the $30,000 deposit | 我还应该注意到1991年4月 |
[24:22] | made to Rourke from Shell corporation in April 1991, | 壳牌公司给鲁尔克打了三万美元 |
[24:25] | mostly likely a payment for his services to the oil company. | 很有可能是他在石油公司工作的报酬 |
[24:28] | Still not conclusive. | 但还是得不出结论 |
[24:30] | And our assignment was to find the killer for | 我们的任务是找到谁杀了华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[24:32] | Wallace Rourke, not Leah Sutter. | 而不是谁杀了莉亚·萨特 |
[24:34] | A case which– I have just bothered to find out– | 这案子 我刚刚发现了新的疑点 |
[24:37] | unidentified fingerprints were found on Leah’s door | 莉亚死后她的家门上发现了 |
[24:39] | after her death. | 不明指纹 |
[24:40] | Now they could have been left behind by someone | 那可能是一个与此案无关的人员 |
[24:42] | unrelated to the case. | 留下的 |
[24:42] | They could have been left by a deliveryman, pizza boy. | 那可能是一个送货员或者外卖员留下的 |
[24:44] | But the police have long suspected | 但是警方一直相信 |
[24:46] | they were left by Leah’s killer. | 这些是杀死莉亚的凶手留下的 |
[24:48] | I’m guessing that the fingerprints | 我猜那些指纹 |
[24:49] | were not a match for Wallace Rourke? | 和华莱士·鲁尔克并不匹配 |
[24:51] | Correct. | 猜对了 |
[24:52] | All of which would suggest that Moriarty may be right. | 所有的这些都表明莫里亚蒂可能是对的 |
[24:56] | Daren Sutter killed an innocent man. | 达伦·萨特杀了一个无辜的人 |
[24:58] | Maybe Moriarty’s right | 也许莫里亚蒂是对的 |
[24:59] | because he set Sutter up. | 因为就是他设计陷害了萨特 |
[25:01] | An excellent theory, | 很不错的推论 |
[25:02] | hindered only by the fact | 但是事实表明 |
[25:03] | that it is nigh on impossible. | 这几乎是不可能的 |
[25:04] | It’s completely possible. | 这完全有可能 |
[25:06] | Moriarty said he did things like this for a living. | 莫里亚蒂说过他就是做这类事来谋生的 |
[25:08] | Daren Sutter saw his sister’s killer | 达伦·萨特看见杀死他姐姐的凶手 |
[25:10] | running away from her body. | 从尸体旁边逃跑了 |
[25:11] | His face is etched onto his brain. | 凶手的脸深深地刻在了他的脑海里 |
[25:13] | How does anyone, including Moriarty, trick a man | 有谁能 包括莫里亚蒂 诱使一个人 |
[25:16] | into killing someone other than the person he saw? | 杀死非自己所见的凶手 |
[25:18] | It’s been over 20 years. | 事情都过去二十年了 |
[25:20] | Memories get distorted, influenced… | 记忆会失真 被影响 |
[25:21] | No, no, not the memory of the person who took your sister, | 不 关于杀死你姐姐的凶手的记忆不会 |
[25:25] | who took someone you loved from you. | 他从你身边夺走了你爱的人 绝不会忘记 |
[25:30] | It is a conundrum. | 这是个难题 |
[25:34] | But once solved… | 但是一旦解决 |
[25:36] | we will have the complete truth which Moriarty has requested. | 我们就能得到莫里亚蒂要求的全部真相 |
[25:38] | This taste in my mouth is horrid. | 我嘴里的这味道真恶心 |
[25:48] | If you want to use the toilet, I’ll just turn away. | 如果你要用洗手间 我可以转过头去 |
[25:50] | You didn’t have asparagus last night, did you? | 你昨晚没有吃芦笋吧 |
[25:53] | Why do you think Moriarty’s putting you through all this? | 你认为莫里亚蒂为什么要你做这些 |
[25:56] | Well, he obviously views me as an enemy. | 很明显他把我当成对手 |
[25:59] | Yes, but why? | 好吧 但是为什么 |
[26:02] | I must have interrupted | 我一定是在伦敦时 |
[26:03] | some criminal enterprises visiting London. | 阻挠了他的什么犯罪大计 |
[26:05] | Well, then why didn’t he just kill you? | 好吧 那他为什么不直接杀了你 |
[26:07] | Why do what he did to Irene, | 为什么要对艾琳做那些 |
[26:08] | and why is he making you jump through hoops, | 为什么你现在在纽约了 |
[26:10] | now that you’re in New York? | 他还是要折磨你 |
[26:14] | Uh, he’s a more complex opponent | 他是我毕生遇到的 |
[26:16] | than I have faced in some time. | 最复杂的对手 |
[26:18] | Are you even afraid of him? | 你怕他吗 |
[26:23] | I find fear to be an unproductive filter | 我发现恐惧对于认识这个世界 |
[26:24] | with which to view the world. It dampens my powers of… | 毫无用处 它取决于我的能力… |
[26:27] | Can’t you just answer a question like a normal human being? | 你能像正常人一样回答问题吗 |
[26:29] | As I mentioned earlier, | 就像我之前提到的 |
[26:30] | he clearly doesn’t want to kill me, | 他显然不想杀了我 |
[26:32] | so, no, I’m not afraid. | 所以 不 我不怕 |
[26:34] | Well, there are ways to hurt you | 好吧 有很多方法可以伤害你 |
[26:36] | that do not involve hurting… you. | 而且不用伤及你自己 |
[26:47] | Watson, you know that there are risks entailed | 华生 你要知道我们从事的这项工作 |
[26:50] | in the work that I– that we– perform. | 要承担很大的风险 |
[26:53] | You cannot do the work without undertaking those risks. | 不可能完全没风险就能完成工作 |
[26:56] | But know this: | 但是记住 |
[26:56] | As far as Moriarty is concerned, | 就莫里亚蒂这事而言 |
[26:59] | I will never allow any harm to come to you. | 我绝对不会让他伤害到你 |
[27:01] | Not ever. | 绝不 |
[27:03] | You can’t promise that. | 你不能保证这点 |
[27:05] | And yet, I have. | 但是 我保证了 |
[27:08] | Now… | 那现在 |
[27:09] | given the amount of questions which need answering, | 有这么多亟待解决的问题 |
[27:12] | I propose that we split up. | 我们分头行动吧 |
[27:13] | I will go and see Mr. Sutter again, | 我去找萨特先生 |
[27:15] | see if he can’t shed some more light on the situation. | 也许能问出点东西 |
[27:17] | You pay a visit to Mrs. Sutter. | 你去找他太太 |
[27:19] | See if you can’t convince her | 看能不能说服她 |
[27:21] | that access to the firm’s client list | 交出公司的客户名单 |
[27:23] | might help us find the man who put them in this predicament. | 帮助我们找出幕后凶手 |
[27:26] | Okay? | 行吗 |
[27:35] | Wallace Rourke killed my sister. | 华莱士·鲁尔克杀害了我姐姐 |
[27:38] | – The evidence suggests… – What evidence? | -可证据显示… -什么证据 |
[27:40] | It’s an assortment of facts | 证据只不过是依据你认定的东西 |
[27:41] | arranged to support what you want to believe. | 把各种事实排列组合 |
[27:43] | I don’t want to believe anything. | 我从没要认定任何事 |
[27:44] | I want to make sense of this. | 我只想弄清事实真相 |
[27:48] | I acknowledge that the evidence that Rourke was | 确实 鲁尔克在案发时不在国内 |
[27:49] | out of the country is-is far from iron-clad. | 还没有绝对的证据能证明这点 |
[27:52] | And yet it seems unwise to ignore the possibility | 但也很有可能你是被误导了 |
[27:55] | that you were misled. | 就这么盖棺定论很不明智 |
[27:56] | If you were, who stands to benefit from that? | 如果你被误导了 谁在背后赢利 |
[27:59] | You’re being played. | 被操控的人是你才对 |
[28:00] | Manipulated by whoever sent you down this path. | 有人诱导你对这件案子穷追不舍 |
[28:03] | Well aware of that possibility. | 这也不失为一种可能性 |
[28:04] | And yet, as unlikely as it seems, | 那退一万步讲 |
[28:07] | it is at least possible | 即使可能性微乎其微 |
[28:10] | that you were tricked into killing the wrong man. | 你确实有可能受误导以致杀错了人 |
[28:12] | Okay. | 行 |
[28:13] | You said the other day I’m a terrible liar? | 你那天不是说我不擅长说谎吗 |
[28:15] | You tell me if I’m lying right now. | 那你告诉我 我现在是不是在说谎 |
[28:17] | Wallace Rourke murdered my sister. | 是华莱士·鲁尔克杀了我姐姐 |
[28:23] | If there is a crime to be done, | 如果你需要犯罪行为 |
[28:24] | a paper to be abstracted, | 毁掉文件 |
[28:26] | a house to be rifled, | 洗劫房屋 |
[28:27] | a man to be removed… | 除掉某人 |
[28:29] | the word is passed to me, | 我会得到消息 |
[28:30] | – the matter is planned… – No, I’m sorry. | -制定计划… -抱歉 |
[28:33] | I’ve never heard this man’s voice before. | 我从没听过这个男人的声音 |
[28:35] | Like I said, Mr. Holmes and I | 我跟福尔摩斯先生认为此人 |
[28:37] | believe that he may be targeting one of your clients. | 可能他的下一个目标是你们的客户 |
[28:40] | Now, if you would allow me to look at your list, | 如果你能让我看一下名单 |
[28:42] | – we might be able to figure out… – I’m sorry. | -也许就能找出… -抱歉 |
[28:43] | Our clients need to be able to trust our discretion | 客户们信任我们行事谨慎 |
[28:46] | as much as our ability to keep them safe. | 并能保证他们的安全 |
[28:49] | And as far as your theory that this man is behind | 就算你说的对 真有人在背后搞鬼 |
[28:51] | some conspiracy to bring Daren down… | 要搞垮达伦… |
[28:54] | You found bugs in here, didn’t you? | 你们已经发现有窃听器了 是不是 |
[28:55] | Let’s say that we did. | 就当作我们找到了吧 |
[28:58] | There’s a lot of people who’d like to know | 想知道公司内部 |
[29:00] | what’s going on inside these walls. | 秘密的人太多了 |
[29:02] | And even if the man you’re referring to | 即便你说的这个男人 |
[29:03] | is surveilling us, | 在监视我们 |
[29:05] | he couldn’t possibly have set Daren up to kill the wrong man. | 他也绝不可能误导达伦杀错人 |
[29:08] | Daren saw Wallace Rourke’s face that night. | 达伦当晚的确看到了华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[29:10] | Isn’t it possible that he got it wrong? | 也许他弄错了呢 |
[29:13] | That after so many years of wanting to find the killer, | 也许经过这么长时间的等待和寻找 |
[29:15] | he was ready to believe he had? | 他已经迫不及待了呢 |
[29:17] | There’s no way he would make a mistake like that. | 他不可能犯下这样的错误 |
[29:20] | You have to understand– for Daren… | 你必须明白 对达伦来说 |
[29:22] | his life is divided into two halves: | 他的生活只有两个阶段 |
[29:25] | before Leah’s murder, and after. | 莉亚活着时和被杀后 |
[29:28] | Did you know Daren before she died? | 你是在莉亚生前遇到达伦的吗 |
[29:30] | I wish I had. | 我希望是这样 |
[29:32] | I actually met Daren at a candlelight vigil | 我认识他是在镇上的人为莉亚举行的 |
[29:35] | the town was holding for Leah. | 烛光守夜会上 |
[29:37] | That is a very complicated time to get involved. | 在那时相爱真不是好时机 |
[29:40] | It was a complicated time to meet. | 我们只是相遇了 |
[29:42] | We didn’t get involved until a few months after. | 我们在几个月后才有了发展 |
[29:46] | Daren found closure | 达伦杀了华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[29:48] | when he killed Wallace Rourke. | 一切都结束了 |
[29:50] | Am I sad that he’s in jail? | 他坐了牢难道我无动于衷吗 |
[29:53] | Yes. | 不 |
[29:55] | But I’m also grateful that he finally… | 我只是很感恩 他终于… |
[29:59] | found some peace. | 能安心了 |
[30:05] | Sherlock? You here? | 夏洛克 你在吗 |
[30:12] | Oh. Well, my meeting with Kate Sutter was a bust. | 我没说服凯特·萨特 |
[30:15] | She’s not giving up their client list. | 客户名单没戏了 |
[30:17] | Her husband refused to discuss his enemies, | 她丈夫也拒绝讨论对他有敌意的人 |
[30:20] | as that would entertain the notion that he was being set up. | 因为那就表示他被人设计了 |
[30:22] | So I began to catalogue them myself, | 所以我只能跟贝尔警探要些文件 |
[30:25] | using some files I got from Detective Bell. | 自己给这些人归类 |
[30:28] | As the head of a successful risk management firm, | 作为一家成功的风险管理公司的老板 |
[30:31] | Sutter’s put away a long list of | 萨特对付过众多的 |
[30:33] | stalkers, abusive husbands, | 跟踪狂 施虐的丈夫 |
[30:35] | and dangerous obsessives. | 和有强迫症的危险分子 |
[30:36] | Well, it looks like a pretty competitive field. | 看样子幕后凶手”争夺战”颇为激烈啊 |
[30:38] | On top of that, he shared his obsession | 最要命的是他把自己的复仇壮志 |
[30:40] | with his sister’s killer with the world, | 和全世界分享了 |
[30:42] | so there’s no shortage of people | 知道要如何引他入瓮的人 |
[30:43] | who know about his Achilles’ heel. | 实在太多了 |
[30:47] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[30:48] | Yeah, I’m just a bit stiff. | 没事 坐久了 |
[30:50] | Been sitting for too long. | 有点麻 |
[30:57] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[31:00] | Forgive me. | 见谅 |
[31:02] | The last few days have just-just, uh, taken their toll. | 这几天发生的事太多 需要发泄 |
[31:06] | To be so… | 就快… |
[31:08] | so close some answers which I’ve sought for… so long. | 快接近了 我找了…太久了 |
[31:14] | I cannot come up empty-handed. | 绝不能一无所获 |
[31:19] | Why don’t you go get something to eat? | 你去吃点东西好吗 |
[31:22] | I will clean up. | 我来收拾 |
[31:56] | I was just thinking how difficult this case is for you. | 这件案子对你来说很不容易吧 |
[32:00] | I know how badly Moriarty hurt you, | 莫里亚蒂把你伤得那么重 |
[32:01] | and I was just thinking, I wish | 我很想也很希望 |
[32:03] | that I could fix it for you. | 能帮你分担 |
[32:07] | I appreciate the sentiment, Watson, | 谢谢你这么关心我 华生 |
[32:08] | but I fear that your goal may be unobtainable. | 但恐怕这件事你可能分担不了 |
[32:11] | What about Daren Sutter? | 那达伦·萨特呢 |
[32:14] | I mean, he’s a lot like you. | 我是说 他跟你很像 |
[32:15] | Except he got what he wanted. | 除了一点 他报了仇 |
[32:18] | He’s at peace now. | 安了心 |
[32:20] | We’ve been trying to identify people | 我们一直想找出 |
[32:22] | who wanted to tear Sutter down, | 要搞垮他的人 |
[32:24] | but what if he was tricked into killing Wallace Rourke | 但也许诱导他杀华莱士·鲁尔克的人 |
[32:27] | by someone who wanted to lift him up? | 真正的意图是给他解脱呢 |
[32:39] | If this is about Daren, | 如果你们要问达伦的事 |
[32:40] | I don’t feel comfortable answering questions | 没有他的律师在场 |
[32:41] | without his attorney. | 我不太愿意回答 |
[32:42] | Well, actually, Mrs. Sutter, this is about you. | 事实上 我们此行是为你而来 |
[32:44] | We were hoping that you might be able to confirm | 你能不能告诉我们 |
[32:46] | exactly when you met your husband. | 你和你丈夫相遇的确切时间 |
[32:49] | Well, as I told Ms. Watson, it was in 1991, | 我跟华生女士说过 是在1991年 |
[32:52] | at a vigil for his sister Leah. | 他姐姐的烛光守夜会上 |
[32:54] | So that would be after her death? | 那就是说在她死后了 |
[32:55] | Obviously. | 显然如此 |
[32:57] | Well, being with Daren as long as you have, | 你跟达伦在一起那么久 |
[32:59] | I’d assume you know as much about her case as anyone. | 我想你比任何人都清楚莉亚的案子 |
[33:02] | So surely you know that partial fingerprints | 你肯定知道事发当晚 |
[33:03] | were found on her front door that night. | 警方在她家前门上查到了部分指纹 |
[33:05] | They were never identified, | 但一直没有被鉴定出来 |
[33:07] | but police thought there was a chance | 警方认为指纹可能属于 |
[33:08] | they belonged to the killer. | 杀害莉亚的凶手 |
[33:10] | But they didn’t, did they? | 但事实并非如此 |
[33:12] | They belonged to you. | 那些指纹是你的 |
[33:13] | ‘Cause you were the one who came through the door that night; | 因为那晚踏进门的人不是你丈夫 |
[33:15] | not your husband. | 而是你 |
[33:17] | You handled Ms. Watson’s phone yesterday. | 你昨天碰了华生女士的电话 |
[33:19] | We were able to pull your prints and compare them | 我们把你在上面留下的指纹 |
[33:21] | to the ones from Leah’s house. | 与莉亚家里的做了对比 |
[33:23] | They matched. | 是一致的 |
[33:24] | That means you lied to me. | 你说谎了 |
[33:26] | You did know Daren before Leah died. | 在莉亚死前 你就认识达伦了 |
[33:28] | We checked public records. | 我们查过公共档案 |
[33:30] | You were married to another man at this time. | 你当时已经嫁了人 |
[33:33] | – You and Mr. Sutter were having an affair. – Okay. | -你跟萨特先生正在婚外情 -好吧 |
[33:38] | So Daren and I were together before Leah died– so what? | 我们在莉亚生前就在一起 那又如何 |
[33:41] | So… | 所以 |
[33:42] | now we know why he was so certain | 现在我们知道为什么 |
[33:44] | he killed the right man all those months ago. | 他这么肯定自己没有杀错人 |
[33:47] | ‘Cause you told him it was the right man. | 因为是你告诉他 那个人就是凶手 |
[33:49] | He never saw the killer’s face; you did. | 他从没见过凶手的脸 是你见过 |
[33:52] | But you couldn’t admit that without revealing your affair. | 但如果你们说出实情 就会暴露婚外情 |
[33:54] | And, so, Daren became the official witness, | 所以 达伦成为了对外宣称的目击者 |
[33:57] | relaying all the details you saw, as if you were the one | 依靠你看见的所有细节 因为你才是 |
[33:59] | who that came in the door that night. | 那晚见到凶手的人 |
[34:01] | Problem solved. | 问题解决了 |
[34:03] | Till the police couldn’t find the man | 可是警方没找到那个 |
[34:04] | you described to Daren. | 你对达伦描述的男人 |
[34:06] | That was hard on Daren. | 这对达伦来说难以接受 |
[34:08] | And you. | 对你也是 |
[34:09] | 22 years later, you came across a man | 22年之后 你偶然发现 |
[34:12] | who you thought would pass for an older version | 一个你觉得可以冒充 |
[34:16] | of the man in this sketch. | 画像中人的男人 |
[34:19] | And that was Wallace Rourke. | 那人就是华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[34:20] | And the only way you could give your husband the peace | 而让你丈夫未得安宁的内心平静下来的 |
[34:22] | that he’d never had was to insist that Wallace Rourke | 唯一方式 就是坚称华莱士·鲁尔克 |
[34:26] | was the man that you saw that night. | 就是那晚你见过的男人 |
[34:27] | He was the man I saw that night. | 他确实是那晚我见过的男人 |
[34:30] | Rourke killed Leah. | 鲁尔克杀了莉亚 |
[34:31] | As a matter of fact, he didn’t. | 事实上 他没有 |
[34:33] | We were just able to confirm, a little while ago, | 我们刚刚得到确认 |
[34:36] | he wasn’t even in the country at the time of the murder. | 案发时 他根本不在国内 |
[34:40] | You saw someone else that night. | 那晚你看见的是别人 |
[34:43] | Now listen, | 好了 听着 |
[34:45] | your husband is gonna find out about this sooner or later. | 你丈夫迟早会知道这件事 |
[34:50] | Why don’t you do yourself a favor, | 不如你坦白从宽 |
[34:52] | and tell us the whole story. | 告诉我们整个来龙去脉 |
[35:00] | I loved Leah, too. | 我也爱莉亚 |
[35:02] | But she wasn’t my sister. | 但她不是我的姐姐 |
[35:04] | She was Daren’s. | 而是达伦的 |
[35:05] | What happened that night, it… it changed him. | 那晚发生的事 彻底改变了他 |
[35:10] | I didn’t love him any less. | 我没有因此而少爱他 |
[35:12] | If anything, I loved him more. | 相反 我更加爱他 |
[35:14] | Doing what we do here | 专注于我们的工作 |
[35:16] | and doing it well, that helped him. | 把生意做好 对他有帮助 |
[35:18] | He started to get better. | 他开始慢慢恢复 |
[35:20] | But then… when we came up | 但后来 在莉亚忌日 |
[35:23] | on the 20th anniversary of Leah’s death… | 二十周年快到的时候 |
[35:26] | he started to slip away again. | 他又开始消沉下去了 |
[35:29] | We tried everything: | 我们用尽了一切办法 |
[35:30] | all kinds of therapy, antidepressants… | 各种疗法和抗抑郁药 |
[35:33] | none of it helped. | 全都没效果 |
[35:35] | And a few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[35:35] | I came home… and I found him with a gun. | 我回到家 看见他拿着一把枪 |
[35:41] | He had already written me a note saying good-bye. | 他甚至连给我的遗书都写好了 |
[35:44] | I talked him down, but I knew | 我把他劝住了 但我知道 |
[35:46] | it was just going to be a matter of time before he tried again. | 他早晚都会再次自杀 |
[35:51] | I had to do something. | 我必须做点什么 |
[35:53] | He looked enough like the sketch to fool Daren. | 他长得和画像很像 可以骗过达伦 |
[35:56] | That combined with your insistence | 再加上你一口咬定就是他 |
[35:58] | that it was the same man was all it took. | 所以一切天衣无缝 |
[36:00] | This was the only way to save Daren. | 只有这样才能拯救达伦 |
[36:02] | No, that’s what 72-hour psych holds are for. | 不 72小时内心理干预才能帮助他 |
[36:06] | Rourke was an innocent man. | 鲁尔克是无辜的 |
[36:07] | I didn’t relish Mr. Rourke’s death, | 我不想置鲁尔克先生于死地 |
[36:10] | but between him and Daren, it wasn’t a hard choice. | 但在他和达伦之间 我别无选择 |
[36:15] | Neither is this: | 我们也别无选择 |
[36:16] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[36:21] | So now that we have the whole truth, | 现在我们查清所有真相了 |
[36:23] | why do I feel so lousy? | 为什么我还那么难受 |
[36:24] | That’s Moriarty’s intention. | 这就是莫里亚蒂的目的 |
[36:26] | I think this is supposed to be a stupid lesson. | 我想这是他给我们的教训 |
[36:29] | Show me a man who craves vengeance | 告诉我一个渴望报仇的男人 |
[36:31] | and can destroy the lives of others. | 最后毁人毁己 |
[36:34] | You think this is his way of getting you to back off? | 你认为他是在劝你放弃吗 |
[36:38] | I think I’m gonna go and visit Daren Sutter again. | 我要再去探望达伦·萨特 |
[36:41] | I feel an obligation to break the news | 我觉得有义务亲自 |
[36:42] | of his wife’s deceit personally. | 把他妻子的谎言告诉他 |
[36:45] | I’ll meet you back at the Brownstone. | 那么回家后见了 |
[36:49] | Uh, I’m just curious | 我只是奇怪 |
[36:50] | why you’re the one telling me all this. | 为什么由你来告诉我整件事 |
[36:53] | I thought you deserved to know. | 因为我觉得你应该知道真相 |
[36:56] | You said you understood me. | 你说你能理解我 |
[36:59] | You experienced loss, too, but what, | 你也失去过挚爱 |
[37:00] | you couldn’t wait for… one more night? | 但在我煎熬了22年之后 |
[37:04] | After I suffered through 22 years? | 你就不能多等一天再告诉我吗 |
[37:07] | I’ll delve into Leah’s case. | 我会继续调查莉亚的案子 |
[37:09] | I’ll do everything possible to bring her killer to justice. | 尽一切努力把凶手绳之以法 |
[37:12] | Wow, you still don’t get it, do you? | 你还是没明白 对吧 |
[37:15] | Unless you plan on finding the man who murdered my sister | 除非你准备找到凶手以后 |
[37:17] | and bringing him back here to me so I can strangle him | 把他带到这里 让我亲手掐死他 |
[37:21] | with my own hands, there’s never gonna be any justice. | 否则绳之以法也没有任何意义 |
[37:25] | I’ve just been informed of Mrs. Sutter’s arrest. | 我刚刚得知萨特太太被捕的消息 |
[37:28] | Finally, you’ve earned your answers. | 终于 你赢得了获取答案的机会 |
[37:30] | I don’t suppose I could convince you to deliver them in person? | 我可不指望你会亲自送上答案 |
[37:33] | The truth, Holmes, is that I hope we never meet. | 福尔摩斯 事实上我希望我们永不相见 |
[37:35] | My sense is that would be a great shame. | 但我感觉那一定会非常遗憾 |
[37:37] | Mm, for one of us. | 对你来说如此 |
[37:38] | My point. We can end this now. | 我的想法是 我们可以到此为止 |
[37:41] | I can promise you our paths will never cross again. | 我保证从今以后我们再无交集 |
[37:44] | Or, you may have your answers. | 又或者 你继续追寻你要的答案 |
[37:47] | I’m curious to see which you choose. | 我很好奇你会选哪个 |
[37:50] | 未知号码 纽约道格拉斯顿 白杨街56号 谨慎选择 | |
[37:58] | Watson. | 华生 |
[37:59] | Just checking in. How did Daren take the news? | 只是确认一下 达伦得知真相后怎么样 |
[38:02] | As well as can be expected. | 如我所料 还算平静 |
[38:04] | Have you heard anything from Moriarty yet? | 你有莫里亚蒂的消息了吗 |
[38:06] | No, afraid not. | 还没有 |
[38:08] | I’m returning home. | 我在回来的路上了 |
[38:08] | I’ll be there shortly. | 马上到家 |
[38:33] | What do you think’s inside? | 你觉得里面会有什么 |
[38:36] | In this day and age, the simplest way | 今时今日 追踪一个人 |
[38:37] | to track someone is via their cell phone. | 最简单的方式就是定位他的手机 |
[38:40] | You cloned the phone that Moriarty’s been using to contact us. | 你复制了莫里亚蒂用来联系我们的手机 |
[38:43] | I did. Right after you told me | 是的 就在你告诉我 |
[38:46] | that you’d never let Moriarty hurt me. | 不会让莫里亚蒂伤害我以后 |
[38:49] | I thought you’d try and pull something like this. | 我就猜到你会这么做 |
[38:51] | You asked me to be your partner. | 你请我做你的搭档 |
[38:53] | You are my partner. | 你是我的搭档 |
[38:54] | You lied to me about hearing from Moriarty | 你瞒着我莫里亚蒂的消息 |
[38:56] | so you could come here on your own. | 就是为了单枪匹马来这里 |
[38:57] | Watson… | 华生 |
[39:02] | most puzzles I see from the outside | 身处迷局之外的时候 |
[39:03] | gives me a certain clarity. | 我总能看透真相 |
[39:05] | I am right in the center of this one. | 但这次 我身陷迷局之中 |
[39:07] | It has blurred my vision… to say the least. | 至少可以说 我已是当局者迷 |
[39:12] | I just… I just lied to protect you. | 我撒谎是为了保护你 |
[39:14] | I didn’t ask you to protect me. | 我没让你保护我 |
[39:16] | And I did not sign on to work with you | 我可没同意在你我搭档时 |
[39:18] | to be put on the sidelines every time you or-or Gregson | 一旦你或者格雷森或者谁觉得太危险 |
[39:20] | or anyone decides it’s too dangerous. | 我就得置身事外 |
[39:22] | You want the danger. | 你想要以身试险 |
[39:23] | No, I want to know that | 不 我要和你共进退 |
[39:24] | I’m not kidding myself by staying with you. | 这也是对我自己负责 |
[39:27] | The reasons I’m here are personal. | 我是为了自己才来这里 |
[39:31] | I could say the same thing. | 我也可以这么说 |
[39:34] | I have been with you every step of the way | 过去的几周以来 每一步 |
[39:36] | these past couple of weeks. | 我都和你一起走过 |
[39:38] | We have worked hard on this case. | 我们为了破案拼尽全力 |
[39:40] | Whatever answers he’s got in there for you, | 无论他在里面为你准备了什么答案 |
[39:42] | I deserve them, too. | 我也有权知道 |
[42:24] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[42:27] | Sherlock. | 夏洛克 |
[42:34] | Irene… Irene… | 艾琳… 艾琳… |
[42:39] | Irene…? | 是艾琳吗 |
[42:42] | Irene. | 艾琳 |