时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously, on Elementary… | 《福尔摩斯: 演绎法》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | He is, without question, the most sinister taker of lives | 毫无疑问 他是让我尝到失败滋味的 |
[00:05] | I have ever had the displeasure of pursuing. | 最凶险的杀人凶手 |
[00:07] | I have no intention of capturing M. | 我并没有逮捕M的意图 |
[00:10] | I have every intention of torturing and murdering him. | 我的意图是折磨他 杀掉他 |
[00:14] | You-you don’t mind if I call you M? | 你不介意我叫你M吧 |
[00:16] | Sebastian Moran– that’s my real name. | 我的真名是 塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰 |
[00:18] | He sends me coded message on me cell phone. | 他发送加密短信到我的手机上 |
[00:20] | You can kill me for all the others, | 我可以为其他人的死负责 |
[00:22] | but your girl, that was him. | 但是你的女人是他杀的 |
[00:24] | That was Moriarty. | 是莫里亚蒂干的 |
[00:32] | Uh, don’t forget to remind me | 别忘了提醒我 |
[00:34] | to call a meeting of the Endowment Committee. | 召开一个基金委的会议 |
[00:36] | Thanks, Beverly. | 谢谢你 贝弗利 |
[01:02] | But you don’t have to call for help. | 别打电话求救了 |
[01:04] | You aren’t having a heart attack. | 你没有犯心脏病 |
[01:06] | Who the hell are you? | 你是谁啊 |
[01:08] | Just someone who’s been studying you. | 一个一直在研究你的人 |
[01:10] | You’ve been dependent on a pacemaker for the past seven years. | 你过去七年都在依赖起搏器生活 |
[01:19] | I’m doing that to you. | 是我干的 |
[01:21] | Watch. | 看我 |
[01:24] | See? | 是吧 |
[01:26] | Every pacemaker has its own unique identifying number. | 每个起搏器都有个独一无二的识别码 |
[01:30] | If you’ve got that, | 如果能得到识别码 |
[01:31] | you can make that little box in your chest do all sorts of things | 你就可以对胸腔里那个小盒子为所欲为 |
[01:35] | things like send several hundred volts through your body | 譬如只要按下按钮 就可以对你的身体 |
[01:39] | with just the push of a button. | 加上几百伏的电压 |
[01:41] | Wait! Stop! | 不要 住手 |
[01:43] | What do you want? | 你要干什么 |
[01:44] | Nothing, really; I’m happy just to watch you die. | 不干什么 看着你死我就开心 |
[01:49] | It would look like a heart attack, you know. | 别人会以为你是心脏病发而死 |
[01:51] | But, then… | 不过 |
[01:53] | I’m not representing my own interest tonight. | 我今晚是为了公事来的 |
[01:58] | Cast your ballot. | 投个票 |
[02:00] | My ballot? | 投票 |
[02:03] | That’s what this is all about? | 你就是为了这个来的 |
[02:04] | Vote to revoke, and I’ll be on my way. | 投废除票 我就放过你 |
[02:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:24] | 834号提案 接受 废除 | |
[02:26] | There. | 好了 |
[02:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:56] | Turn this crap over to the football. | 别看这垃圾 调到足球 |
[02:58] | Yeah. | 好 |
[03:03] | Not that match, the Arsenal game. | 不是这场 是阿森纳那场 |
[03:06] | Noted philanthropist Phillip Van Der Hoff… | 著名慈善家菲利普·范德霍夫… |
[03:10] | Quiet! | 闭嘴 |
[03:11] | Go back to the news. | 调回新闻 |
[03:13] | …Van Der Hoff’s wife was vacationing in Austria, | 范德霍夫的妻子此前正在奥地利度假 |
[03:14] | 大事件 慈善家范德霍夫死于心脏病 | |
[03:16] | but is said to be on her way home this morning. | 但她已于今早启程返回 |
[03:21] | Is everything okay? | 你没事吧 |
[03:23] | Yeah. Fine. | 是的 没事 |
[03:25] | It’s good that you’re here, actually. | 其实 你来得太及时了 |
[03:26] | You kn… you know how to… | 你知道如何 |
[03:28] | reset a dislocated shoulder. | 将脱臼的肩膀复位吧 |
[03:30] | And you dislocated your own shoulder because… | 你把自己的肩膀弄脱臼就因为… |
[03:32] | – God you… Are you thick? – Am I thick? | -妈呀 你是笨蛋吗 -我笨 |
[03:34] | You are the one stuck in a straitjacket. | 你才是被困在紧身衣里那个 |
[03:36] | – Why are you… – It had been too long. | -你为什么要… -这件衣服放太久了 |
[03:41] | Please. | 帮个忙 |
[03:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:45] | Looks like an anterior dislocation. | 看起来是前脱位 |
[03:50] | Actually, could you just… | 你能不能… |
[03:51] | wait a moment… | 等一会儿… |
[03:55] | What was that? | 你干嘛呢 |
[03:57] | I’m gonna get you some ice. | 我给你拿点冰 |
[04:02] | – You okay? – Yes, I’m fine. How are you? | -还好吗 -很好 劳您费心 |
[04:05] | Listen, I just got a call from the warden at Newgate. | 听着 我刚接到纽盖特监狱典狱长的来电 |
[04:08] | Sebastian Moran just got out of a stint in solitary. | 塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰刚刚结束了单独关押 |
[04:11] | I don’t know if he had an epiphany during all that downtime, | 我不知道他在此期间是否有所顿悟 |
[04:15] | but he claims there are more people he was ordered to kill; | 但他声称还有更多他受雇杀害的人 |
[04:18] | victims he never told anyone about. | 这些他从未对人讲过 |
[04:20] | He wants to confess. | 他想认罪 |
[04:22] | Well, bully for him. | 真是好样的 |
[04:23] | On one condition: | 不过有个条件 |
[04:24] | the only person he’ll talk to is you. | 他只愿意和你谈 |
[04:29] | How are you, Sherlock? | 你好啊 夏洛克 |
[04:36] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[04:43] | Thanks, Will. | 谢谢 威尔 |
[04:45] | I’ve got something new for you. | 我有新消息告诉你 |
[04:48] | ‘Cause you and me, we both want the same thing. | 因为我俩的目标一致 |
[04:51] | To get rid of him. | 就是干掉他 |
[04:53] | So it’s to be another tale of Moriarty. | 看来还是莫里亚蒂的传奇故事 |
[04:59] | He’s got ears and eyes everywhere in here. | 他在这到处都有耳目 |
[05:03] | I want him because he set me up to be caught by you… | 我要他的命是因为他设计让我被你抓住 |
[05:06] | and for the two mugs he sent in here who tried to shiv me. | 还派两个饭桶进来想杀了我 |
[05:10] | And you… | 而你 |
[05:12] | you want him ’cause he killed your girl. | 你要他的命是因为他杀了你的女人 |
[05:15] | Mr. Moran, your claims about Moriarty | 莫兰先生 你那些关于莫里亚蒂的言论 |
[05:18] | cannot be substantiated and are of no interest. | 无法证实 也没有意义 |
[05:22] | Now, I was told you had some information | 我听说 你有其他受害者 |
[05:25] | about some other of your victims. | 的信息 |
[05:28] | And I was told, every year about Christmastime, | 我还听说 每年圣诞节期间 |
[05:31] | a fat, jolly old man delivers toffees | 一个快乐的胖老头会给乖孩子 |
[05:34] | to good little girls and boys. | 发太妃糖呢 |
[05:36] | Now, I waited up for him one night | 我等了他一个晚上 |
[05:37] | to steal his stash… but he didn’t show. | 想偷他的糖 结果他没出现 |
[05:43] | Will… show Sherlock the article. | 威尔 把文章给夏洛克看看 |
[05:49] | He had me cut this out. | 他让我裁下来的 |
[05:57] | That was no accident. | 这不是意外 |
[06:00] | That was ordered by him. | 肯定是他安排的 |
[06:09] | This man died of a heart attack. | 这个人是死于心脏病 |
[06:11] | What makes you think there was someone else involved? | 你凭什么认为是他人所为 |
[06:13] | Because before you nicked me in Harlem, | 因为你在哈莱姆抓住我之前 |
[06:16] | I had a text with that man’s face on it… | 我收到一条信息 上面有他的照片 |
[06:20] | and the order was: “String him up just like the others.” | 命令是 “像其他人那样吊死他” |
[06:24] | Now, you find out who killed Van Der Hoff, | 所以 只要找出杀害范德霍夫的凶手 |
[06:26] | and you’ll be one step closer to him. | 你就离莫里亚蒂 |
[06:30] | To Moriarty. | 更近了一步 |
[06:33] | Will. | 威尔 |
[06:42] | And one more thing: | 还有件事 |
[06:44] | When they ask you what happened here today, | 当有人问起你今天发生的事 |
[06:47] | keep it quiet. | 什么都不要讲 |
[06:49] | What happened? | 为什么 |
[06:52] | Get away from him! | 离他远点 |
[06:57] | Too late, boys. | 太迟了 小伙子们 |
[06:59] | No medic needed. No medic. | 活不了了 没救了 |
[07:05] | Too late, too late, | 太迟了 太迟了 |
[07:06] | ♪Will be the cry when the lady with the bags passes by♪ | ♪挽着包的女士走过 响起一片哭声♪ |
[07:09] | ♪Oh, Sherlock’s up, oh, Sherlock’s down♪ | ♪得意也好 失意也罢♪ |
[07:12] | ♪But he always wears that sacred frown♪ | ♪夏洛克总是严肃地皱着眉♪ |
[07:22] | The other guards say he had his finger | 其他的狱警说他们拉走他的时候 |
[07:24] | to his lips while they were dragging him off, | 他对着你举起手指放在唇边 |
[07:26] | like he was telling you to be quiet. | 就好像叫你保密一样 |
[07:28] | According to your statement, he just issued | 但按你所说 他只是威胁了你一通 |
[07:30] | a bunch of threats, called off the meeting, | 随即中止了会面 |
[07:32] | then attacked the guard, so… | 然后袭击了狱警 所以说… |
[07:34] | what’s to be quiet about? | 他要你保密什么 |
[07:36] | I’m afraid I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[07:42] | Hey. Let’s talk. | 我们谈谈 |
[07:52] | You have been training me to ferret out lies. | 你训练过我如何识别谎言 |
[07:54] | When Captain Gregson asked you | 但当格雷森警监问你 |
[07:55] | what Moran wanted you to keep quiet about, | 莫兰想让你保密什么的时候 |
[07:58] | you hesitated. | 你犹豫了 |
[07:59] | That doesn’t prove deceit– it’s a feint, | 那只是假象 不足以证明我撒谎 |
[08:01] | designed to sharpen your deductive skills. | 是为了用来提高你的推理能力 |
[08:03] | Okay, the last time you lie about Moran | 好吧 上次你对莫兰的事撒谎 |
[08:05] | you were planning to torture and kill him. | 是因为你计划把他折磨致死 |
[08:06] | I was quite honest about my intentions. | 我可没刻意隐瞒我的意图 |
[08:08] | Okay, what if these impulses get triggered again? | 要是这些冲动的念头死灰复燃怎么办 |
[08:10] | You’re not longer required to play hall monitor to my impulses. | 你不用再监视我的冲动了 |
[08:13] | Okay, but I am allowed to be concerned. | 但我至少可以关心一下吧 |
[08:19] | Just so you know, I intended to share this with you, | 你要知道 我本打算把这事告诉你 |
[08:21] | just not here. | 只是不能在这 |
[08:23] | Moran told me that Moriarty was behind that man’s death; | 莫兰告诉我 是莫里亚蒂雇凶杀了这个人 |
[08:26] | that he himself was once contracted to kill him. | 他自己也曾接到过干掉此人的命令 |
[08:29] | Now, I understand your concern, | 好了 我理解你的担忧 |
[08:30] | but this is not history repeating itself. | 但这次绝不会是历史重演 |
[08:34] | Okay, then what’s different? | 那这次有什么不同 |
[08:35] | You’re getting ahead of yourself, Watson. | 你操之过急了 华生 |
[08:37] | Moran has proven himself to be extremely unreliable. | 事实证明莫兰这人极不可靠 |
[08:40] | I would like to make sure these are not his paranoid ravings | 在把格雷森警监或者其他人牵扯进来之前 |
[08:43] | before I involve Captain Gregson or anyone else. | 我要先确定他不是胡言乱语 |
[08:45] | Fortunately, it should be quite simple to find out | 幸亏 很容易弄清 |
[08:48] | if there was anything suspicious about that man’s death. | 这人的死有无蹊跷 |
[08:51] | You have a copy of his autopsy report? | 你拿到他的验尸报告副本了吗 |
[08:53] | Phillip Van Der Hoff was a middle-aged man | 众所周知 菲利普·范德霍夫 |
[08:54] | with a known heart condition. | 是个有心脏病的中年男人 |
[08:56] | There was no autopsy. | 根本没有验尸报告 |
[08:57] | His body was released to the mortuary this afternoon. | 他的尸体今天下午被运到了停尸间 |
[09:00] | Flowers are to be sent to the McTierney Brothers Funeral Home. | 吊唁花圈将被送到玛蒂尔尼兄弟殡仪馆 |
[09:03] | What, you want to send a bouquet and a card? | 怎么了 你也想送鲜花卡片吗 |
[09:05] | “With deepest sympathy. | “致以最深切的慰问 |
[09:06] | PS. This may have been murder.” | 友情提醒 这可能是场谋杀” |
[09:08] | Not exactly. | 并非如此 |
[09:10] | So you prove you’re reasonable by asking me to commit a felony. | 你觉得拉我来一起犯罪很合理吗 |
[09:14] | Security in mortuaries is so lax | 停尸间的安保实在太松懈了 |
[09:16] | you can hardly call it breaking and entering. | 所以这算不上是非法入侵 |
[09:22] | Embalmed. | 防腐处理过的 |
[09:25] | Embalmed. | 防腐处理过的 |
[09:27] | You say that like you’ve broken into funeral parlors before. | 听上去好像你以前也闯过殡仪馆 |
[09:31] | Well, there was a certain problem of Thor Bridge… | 我曾经为了破解雷神桥之谜… |
[09:37] | Yes. | 找到了 |
[09:39] | 菲利普·范德霍夫 死因 心脏病发作 | |
[09:45] | As I’d hoped, | 如我所愿 |
[09:47] | not scheduled for embalming until the morning. | 要等到早上再进行防腐处理 |
[09:50] | Yep. | 好了 |
[09:58] | Well, he had a pacemaker. | 他装了起搏器 |
[09:59] | And his heart condition checks out. | 说明他确实有心脏病 |
[10:07] | No sign of any defensive wounds. | 没有明显外伤 |
[10:10] | No skin under his fingernails. | 指甲下没有皮屑 |
[10:19] | He has four small bruises on each palm. | 他的两个手掌上都有四个小瘀伤 |
[10:21] | He’s clenched his fists so tightly, | 说明他死前紧紧握住拳头 |
[10:23] | his fingers have left bruises. | 手指造成了瘀伤 |
[10:24] | I’ve heard about that in people who have been struck by lightning, | 我听说被闪电击中或者触电身亡的人 |
[10:27] | and electrocuted on the third rail, but… | 会有这种现象 但… |
[10:29] | but it’s not consistent with a heart attack. | 但这和心脏病发作的症状不符 |
[10:31] | Agreed. | 赞同 |
[10:32] | We’ll have to proceed. | 所以我们得解剖弄清楚 |
[10:33] | Seriously? | 来真的 |
[10:35] | But what happens when people figure out that somebody came in here | 要是别人发现有人在半夜进来这里 |
[10:37] | and cut up a body in the middle of the night? | 解剖了尸体怎么办 |
[10:39] | We’ll sew him back up again, won’t we? | 反正我们会缝上的 不是吗 |
[10:40] | What? | 什么 |
[10:41] | Any luck, they’ll assume that autopsy was done at the hospital, | 够幸运的话 他们会以为在医院里做过验尸 |
[10:44] | or they might just put it down to a paperwork error, I don’t know. | 或是文件出了错什么的 |
[10:47] | Anyway, they’re certainly not gonna assume | 无论如何 没人会怀疑 |
[10:48] | two people broke in in the middle of the night | 有两个人半夜闯进来 |
[10:50] | and performed an illicit autopsy, are they? | 实施非法验尸 对吧 |
[10:52] | Right, because that would be crazy. | 是啊 因为那太疯狂了 |
[10:56] | No. | 不干 |
[10:58] | No. | 我不干 |
[11:02] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:04] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[11:05] | From the shoulder. | 从肩膀下刀 |
[11:12] | Y-You need to press harder. | 你得再用力点 |
[11:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:14] | Harder! | 用力 |
[11:18] | You’re using the wrong… | 你用错了… |
[11:19] | Okay, just stop. | 好了 停 |
[11:21] | Stop. | 停 |
[11:28] | Just give it to me. | 刀给我 |
[11:45] | Oh, that’s lovely. | 好刀法 |
[11:47] | You really are quite skilled, Watson. | 你技术可真不错 华生 |
[11:48] | No. | 闭嘴 |
[11:50] | I am dissecting a body in the middle of the night. | 大半夜的 我在解剖一具尸体 |
[11:53] | We are not having a moment. | 这可不是你甜言蜜语的时候 |
[12:02] | Okay, well, there’s no broken ribs. | 好 没有肋骨骨折 |
[12:05] | I mean, I really can’t see the heart from here. | 这样我看不见心脏 |
[12:07] | I would need a saw and a rib spreader, | 我得用锯子和肋骨牵开器 |
[12:09] | which I’m guessing you don’t have. | 我想你应该没准备吧 |
[12:13] | Okay, let’s, uh… | 那我们… |
[12:17] | Oh, this is strange. | 奇怪了 |
[12:20] | Look at this. | 看这里 |
[12:21] | See how the blood is coagulated and the capillaries… | 看这些血液凝结的形态 还有 |
[12:25] | have bubbles burnt into them. | 这些毛细血管里还有气泡 |
[12:28] | Looks like his blood boiled. | 就好像他的血液沸腾过一样 |
[12:32] | One has to admire the sheer Promethean ingenuity. | 不得不佩服凶手的别具匠心 |
[12:35] | Can one do that after one gets some sleep? | 某人就不能让别人先睡会再干活吗 |
[12:38] | The marks on Phillip Van Der Hoff’s hands | 菲利普·范德霍夫手上的痕迹 |
[12:40] | were consistent with electrocution. | 与受电击的症状相符 |
[12:41] | His blood boiled from the heat of an electric shock, | 他的血液吸收直接对心脏电击 |
[12:44] | which was directly on his heart. | 产生的热能而沸腾 |
[12:46] | How does one achieve that? | 怎么有人会想到这点 |
[12:48] | By using his pacemaker as a weapon. | 用起搏器来做杀人凶器 |
[12:51] | Or it could’ve just gone haywire. | 也可能就是他的起搏器出故障了 |
[12:53] | They malfunction about six percent of the time. | 现在的起搏器仅有百分之六的故障率 |
[12:55] | Have a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[12:56] | Premier Cardiac Monitoring, | 超级心脏监测器制造公司 |
[12:58] | the country’s leading manufacturer of pacemakers. | 全国领先的起搏器制造商 |
[13:01] | They just issued a press release announcing start of work | 他们刚刚发布新闻稿 声称开始启用 |
[13:04] | on a device which cannot be hacked. | 一种无懈可击的装置 |
[13:08] | That would imply that it is possible to hack a pacemaker. | 这意味着 起搏器是可以入侵的 |
[13:11] | It makes perfect sense. If you could get | 这个就有点意思了 如果你能得知 |
[13:13] | the device’s I.D. Number, you could program it | 起搏器的认证号 你就能对其下达指令 |
[13:15] | to do whatever you wanted it to do, | 让起搏器为你所用 |
[13:16] | including delivering an electric shock | 包括提供大到足够引发 |
[13:19] | large enough to induce a fatal heart attack. | 致命心脏病的电流攻击 |
[13:21] | So subtle it wouldn’t even seem like a murder. | 如此精妙的手法 看上去就不像是谋杀 |
[13:24] | You think Moran was right? | 你觉得莫兰是对的 |
[13:25] | I no longer believe we’re trying | 我觉得我们不要再去试着 |
[13:26] | to find out if Phillip Van Der Hoff was killed; | 找出菲利普·范德霍夫是否是被谋杀的 |
[13:28] | I think we’re trying to learn who did it. | 我们该去找是谁杀了他 |
[13:32] | What’s with the big band music? | 放大乐队的歌干吗 |
[13:34] | I was thinking about bootleg alcohol this morning. | 今天早上我在想私贩酒的事情 |
[13:37] | Reminded me I haven’t listened to Bix Beiderbecke | 让我想起我已经很久没听 |
[13:39] | in quite some time. | 毕斯·贝德贝克的歌了 |
[13:40] | And the doll being burned at the stake? | 那木桩上烧着的木偶娃娃呢 |
[13:43] | I’m in a dispute with a theologist about Galileo. | 我和一个神学家就伽利略发生了争执 |
[13:45] | How much do you know about Prohibition? | 对于禁酒令你知道多少 |
[13:47] | The normal amount. | 就那些常识呗 |
[13:48] | Just the broad strokes, then. | 那就给你普及下吧 |
[13:50] | America, in a fit of Puritanism, banned alcohol… | 美国 在一个清教主义的借口下 |
[13:54] | for more than a decade. | 禁止酒精超过十年 |
[13:55] | But the human urge to pursue altered states persisted, | 但是人类渴望反叛政令的状态始终存在 |
[13:57] | resulting in widespread flouting of the law | 导致了一种广泛的藐视法律的 |
[13:59] | in underground saloons called “Speakeasies.” | 地下沙龙 叫做”私贩酒吧” |
[14:02] | Did we quit the Van Der Hoff case while I was asleep? | 我睡着后 就停止了范德霍夫案件的调查吗 |
[14:05] | In addition to heading up his charitable foundation, | 除了他标志性的慈善基金会 |
[14:07] | Phillip Van Der Hoff is also a member | 菲利普·范德霍夫也是 |
[14:08] | of New York City’s Landmark Protection Council, | 纽约市地标保护理事会的成员 |
[14:11] | 11 souls whose responsibility it is | 共十一个成员 其职责是 |
[14:14] | to determine the landmark status | 决定纽约市的历史建筑的 |
[14:15] | of historical buildings in the city. | 地标性地位 |
[14:17] | You think that had something to do with him being killed? | 你觉得这件事是他被杀害的原因 |
[14:19] | The council was reviewing the landmark status of the Taggart | 理事会在审查塔格特私贩酒博物馆的 |
[14:22] | Speakeasy Museum. It’s an old grocer’s | 地标性建筑的资格 它是一个老杂货店 |
[14:25] | on Chamber Street with a speakeasy in the back, | 位于钱伯街 在后堂私贩酒 |
[14:27] | preserved exactly as it was in the 1920s– lovely. | 保存完好 和1920年分毫不差 真不错 |
[14:30] | The site’s owners– some shell corporation– | 该地点的所有者 一些空壳公司 |
[14:33] | have applied to have the landmark status removed. | 请求移除它的地标地位 |
[14:35] | This would free them up to redevelop the site | 这能让他们重新规划 使此地更具现代化 |
[14:38] | for more modern, and presumably, more profitable purposes. | 想必有更多的利润可图 |
[14:41] | The owners have applied three times | 所有者在近年内 |
[14:43] | to have the status changed over recent years. | 申请了三次移除地标地位 |
[14:45] | Each time, more council members change their votes, | 每一次都有越来越多的成员改变立场 |
[14:48] | inching them closer and closer to the majority needed | 其申请通过的票数渐渐 |
[14:51] | to have landmark status revoked. | 占多数票 足以移除地标地位 |
[14:53] | Now, a quick check of city records reveals | 现在 浏览下市政记录就能发现 |
[14:56] | that each council member | 每个改变主意的理事会成员 |
[14:57] | who has changed his or her vote also applied | 都在改变立场后不久 |
[14:59] | for a home remodeling permit shortly thereafter, | 申报了家庭装修 |
[15:03] | and in each case, the renovation was handled by… | 而在每一件案子里 装修都是由 |
[15:07] | Robert Baumann. | 罗伯特·鲍曼承接的 |
[15:09] | Yeah, I’ve seen his picture in the papers. | 对 我在报纸上见过他的照片 |
[15:12] | How does he get his teeth so white? | 他是怎么把牙弄那么白的 |
[15:15] | You know him because he builds skyscrapers | 你知道他是因为他修建了摩天大楼 |
[15:17] | and yet here we have him handling piddling kitchen redos. | 而我们现在却发现他在做琐碎的厨房改造 |
[15:21] | They’re bribes, you see? | 这就是贿赂 明白了没 |
[15:22] | Change your vote, get the redo of your choice. | 改变立场 就能获得第二次机会 |
[15:25] | So this is the guy who is trying | 所以是他想要 |
[15:26] | to get the landmark status overturned? | 移除那地方的地标地位 |
[15:28] | And he’s only one council member short | 而且他就剩一票之差 |
[15:30] | of a majority, until, that is, two nights ago. | 就能通过了 只到两天前 |
[15:33] | The last thing Phillip Van Der Hoff did | 菲利普·范德霍夫死前做的最后一件事 |
[15:34] | before he died was change his vote | 就是在塔格特私贩酒博物馆议案上 |
[15:36] | on the Taggart Speakeasy Museum. | 改变了立场 |
[15:38] | So you think that bleach-teeth killed him? | 所以你觉得闪闪亮牙先生杀了他 |
[15:41] | I would very much like to hear what he has to say about it. | 我很想听听他对这件事怎么说 |
[16:09] | …because the company’s called Baumann and Associates, | 因为公司是叫做鲍曼合资公司 |
[16:11] | that’s why. I’m Baumann. | 这就是原因 我是鲍曼 |
[16:12] | You’re an associate. | 你只是合伙人 |
[16:16] | No, no, no, don’t you… | 不 不 不 你还没… |
[16:17] | How many times do I have to tell you? | 我要告诉你多少次 |
[16:19] | No! | 不 |
[16:20] | Yeah, look, I appreciate that it’s a | 听着 我明白对你来说 |
[16:22] | tough position for you, but there’s just no way… | 这不好办 但没别的办法了 |
[16:24] | Try saying “Excuse me”, dildo. | 拜托说声抱歉 猥琐大叔 |
[16:34] | Mr. Baumann’s skull was crushed | 鲍曼先生的头骨被 |
[16:36] | by a falling air conditioning unit. | 一个掉落的空调砸开了花 |
[16:38] | Yeah, came from the window right there. | 是 就从那边的窗户掉下来的 |
[16:41] | What are the odds, huh? | 这几率多小啊 对不 |
[16:43] | What are the odds, indeed. | 几率确实很小 |
[16:46] | No, there’s no way. | 不 这不可能 |
[16:49] | You’d have to have perfect timing, | 你得有完美的数学计算能力 |
[16:50] | an expert grasp of physics. | 还要有专家级别的物理知识 |
[16:52] | It’s got to be a stroke of bad luck. | 这应该就是他实在太倒霉了 |
[17:13] | Hey, tell me you did not just throw an air conditioner from the roof. | 别告诉我你刚才把空调从屋顶扔下去了 |
[17:17] | The math is not quite as hard as you might imagine. | 这其中的数学计算没你想的那么艰难 |
[17:19] | I’m not talking about how hard it is. | 我没在说这有多难 |
[17:20] | I am talking about the fact that you could kill somebody. | 我说的是你有可能砸死某个人 |
[17:22] | I checked the courtyard before I dropped it, | 我扔下去之前检查过庭院了 |
[17:24] | and I hit the X I drew on the ground | 而且 我第一次尝试 |
[17:26] | on the very first attempt, I might add. | 就击中了我在地上画的X符号 |
[17:28] | With a bit of practice, | 再多做一些尝试 |
[17:29] | I’m sure a moving target would not be that difficult. | 我相信砸中移动目标也没那么难 |
[17:32] | This case is turning out to be quite fascinating, Watson. | 这个案子相当令人着迷 华生 |
[17:34] | Bleach-teeth was obviously not in charge of the scheme | 闪闪亮牙先生明显不负责塔格特博物馆的 |
[17:38] | to decertify the Taggart Museum, | 收回地标计划 |
[17:40] | but he was big in real estate. | 但他是房产大鳄 |
[17:41] | So he probably facilitated the introductions | 所以他可能代表实际的策划者 |
[17:44] | on behalf of the actual mastermind, | 促成了这个提案 |
[17:46] | then got an AC unit dropped on his head for his troubles. | 结果引火烧身 被空调砸死 |
[17:48] | – Why? – Well, he obviously had a cut of whatever money | -为什么 -明显无论他们赚了多少钱 |
[17:50] | that they stood to make. | 他都会分得一部分 |
[17:52] | Now that he served his purpose, | 现在他完成了任务 |
[17:53] | somebody no longer wanted to pay. | 有人却想赖账了 |
[17:55] | Hmm, someone– whoever was behind the shell company | 这人是空壳公司的幕后黑手 |
[17:57] | that owns the museum. | 也是博物馆的实际拥有者 |
[17:58] | Untraceable shell corporation, | 无迹可寻的空壳公司 |
[18:00] | a scheme to make millions | 计划在移除 |
[18:02] | by revoking the landmark status of an old building, | 地标性的老建筑中获利数百万 |
[18:05] | and murder by home appliance. | 最终死于家电谋杀 |
[18:07] | We’re obviously pursuing a lively intellect. | 显然我们在追查一个高智商罪犯 |
[18:09] | You’re back to believing that Moriarty exists? | 你又开始相信莫里亚蒂的存在了 |
[18:12] | Call the man commissioning these crimes whatever you want. | 你觉得他是幕后黑手或什么的都好 |
[18:14] | I’m now more and more convinced that we’re in pursuit | 我现在越来越肯定我们在追查 |
[18:16] | of one of his agents. | 他的一个执行人 |
[18:18] | He does the same kind of work | 他和莫兰做的是同样的事情 |
[18:19] | that Moran does, but in a very different way. | 但方式不同 |
[18:21] | This man specializes in murders | 这个人专门研究 |
[18:23] | that do not appear to be murders at all. | 如何让谋杀看起来不像是谋杀 |
[18:25] | If Moran was a sledgehammer, | 如果莫兰是暴力型的 |
[18:26] | our current quarry is the scalpel. | 我们现在找的人就是技术型的 |
[18:29] | And how do we catch our current quarry? | 那我们怎么才能找到这个技术型的呢 |
[18:31] | First, I’m gonna clean up the air conditioner. | 首先 我要去把空调收拾了 |
[18:32] | Then it’s quite obvious what we need to do. | 然后我们接下来要做的事很明显 |
[18:34] | We need to plan a murder. | 我们要策划一起谋杀 |
[18:37] | As New Yorkers, | 作为纽约人 |
[18:38] | we have to be vigilant about preserving the landmarks | 我们必须要全力保护那些 |
[18:40] | that make our city great. | 使我们的城市更伟大的地标性建筑 |
[18:42] | When we give away pieces of our history, | 当我们放弃历史的一部分时 |
[18:45] | we give away who we are. | 就等于放弃了我们自己 |
[18:46] | Meet Hillary Taggart, an attorney, | 希拉里·塔格特 一名律师 |
[18:49] | and the last living relative of Al “The Prawn” Taggart, | 是”大虾”阿尔·塔格特唯一还活着的亲人 |
[18:53] | owner of the grocery store | 他拥有的这家杂货店 |
[18:55] | which housed his eponymous Speakeasy. | 即是”私贩酒吧”的经营地 |
[18:57] | She’s an advocate for preserving the Taggart Museum | 她是建议塔格特博物馆保持原样的 |
[19:00] | exactly as it is. | 拥护者 |
[19:02] | The only advocate for it, as far as I can tell. | 而且就我目前所知 也是唯一的拥护者 |
[19:04] | Well, it’s good to have a hobby. | 有个业余爱好也不错 |
[19:05] | Even if that hobby puts you in danger of being killed. | 即使那爱好会给你招来杀身之祸吗 |
[19:08] | This footage is taken from the last time | 这段影片拍于 |
[19:10] | the museum status came up for review. | 博物馆最后一次提交申请时 |
[19:12] | Each time it does, Ms. Taggart does a very good job | 每次审核的时候 塔格特女士都会 |
[19:15] | of making a nuisance of herself on the building’s behalf. | 给博物馆制造一点小麻烦 |
[19:18] | She threatens lawsuits, she sends out press releases. | 她威胁要起诉 她给媒体投稿 |
[19:20] | One can only imagine how she will react | 可以想象在理事会的最终决议公布时 |
[19:23] | when word of the council’s latest vote gets out. | 她会有怎样的表现 |
[19:25] | She’ll probably kick up a very public stink. | 她可能会利用舆论引起轩然大波 |
[19:28] | She’s the next target. | 她是下一个目标 |
[19:30] | If I was a sociopath, and I wanted to stop anyone | 如果我是一个反社会者 我不想要任何人 |
[19:32] | from taking too close a look at my murderous transaction, | 过于接近看清我的杀人行径时 |
[19:35] | I would remove Ms. Taggart from the chessboard. | 我就会除掉塔格特女士 |
[19:38] | But we need to warn her. | 我们要提醒她 |
[19:39] | We’ll do no such thing. | 我们不会这么做 |
[19:41] | Our mission is to study this woman | 我们要做的是研究她 |
[19:43] | to observe her in her natural habitat. | 观察她的活动范围 |
[19:46] | No, the best way to keep this woman safe | 确保她安全的最好方法 |
[19:48] | is to find out how to kill her. | 就是研究怎样能杀她 |
[19:52] | Hillary Taggart is unmarried. | 希拉里·塔格特没有结婚 |
[19:53] | She’s worked half the day at the legal aid clinic, | 她每天在法律援助部门上半天班 |
[19:56] | and the remainder of her time has been devoted | 剩下的时间则致力于 |
[19:58] | to various volunteer efforts. | 各种志愿者活动 |
[20:06] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[20:08] | Yes, sorry, thought I noticed something odd. | 是的 抱歉 还以为发现了什么怪事 |
[20:12] | Anyway, as I was saying, | 总之 就像我说的 |
[20:13] | the rest of her time seems to be devoted | 她的业余时间似乎都在 |
[20:15] | to running laps at the pace | 拖着她受伤的脚腕 |
[20:17] | of third-grader with a sprained ankle. | 以小学生的速度跑圈 |
[20:19] | One more thing. Look at her bracelet. | 还有一件事 看她的手环 |
[20:21] | See how you can make out part of the Rod of Asclepius? | 你看那是不是像阿斯克勒庇俄斯的权杖 |
[20:21] | 阿斯克勒庇俄斯:希腊神话里的农神 救护车上标志既为蛇绕其权杖 | |
[20:24] | She’s wearing a medical alert. | 她戴的是医疗警报器 |
[20:27] | Could be hemophilia, epilepsy, a nasty allergy. | 可能是血友病 癫痫 或是过敏 |
[20:34] | Right, brilliant. | 是啊 真聪明 |
[20:36] | A man after my own heart. | 正合我意 |
[20:40] | Come on if you’re coming. | 如果要来就快点 |
[20:44] | What kind of an allergy requires a medical alert bracelet? | 什么样的过敏需要医疗警报手环 |
[20:47] | Uh, anything that could bring on anaphylactic shock, | 只要是能够造成过敏性休克的 |
[20:50] | certain foods, medicine, insect bites. | 某种食物 药物 或是被虫子叮咬 |
[20:53] | Exactly. A moment ago, | 好极了 就在刚才 |
[20:55] | I could have sworn I saw an Africanized honeybee. | 我敢肯定我看见了一只非洲化的蜜蜂 |
[20:58] | How do you “Africanize” something? | 什么叫”非洲化”的 |
[21:00] | It’s a term to describe a particularly aggressive species. | 是描述某种好斗的物种的一种术语 |
[21:04] | It’s odd to… | 奇怪的是 |
[21:06] | Odd to see them here. | 能在这里看见它们 |
[21:07] | They’re not native to New York. | 它们不是纽约本地物种 |
[21:10] | It’s almost as if someone has placed it here | 好像是某人专门放在 |
[21:13] | on a route known to be frequented | 希拉里·塔格特经常 |
[21:15] | by Hillary Taggart. | 经过的路上 |
[21:16] | So you think he’s planning a murder by bee? | 你认为他打算用蜜蜂杀人 |
[21:18] | The hive will be facing southeast | 蜂巢应该对着东南方 |
[21:23] | in dappled sunlight | 在斑驳的阳光下 |
[21:25] | with minimal wind. | 和风最小的地方 |
[21:28] | And here they are, | 就在这里 |
[21:30] | newly formed | 刚刚建好 |
[21:31] | and flourishing. | 十分壮大 |
[21:33] | Oh, yes. | 好极了 |
[21:35] | And here is the food source. | 而食物来源在这里 |
[21:44] | Someone’s feeding them sugar water | 有人在用糖水饲养它们 |
[21:46] | so they multiply even faster. | 这样能让他们繁殖得更快 |
[21:48] | Well, it’s pretty Baroque way to kill someone, isn’t it? | 这杀人的方法真是够巴洛克式的啊 |
[21:50] | I mean, cultivate bees, feed them, and then | 饲养蜜蜂 喂它们 然后在 |
[21:52] | poke the hive with a stick every time Hillary Taggart runs by? | 希拉里·塔格特经过时再用棍子捅蜂窝吗 |
[21:55] | Well, he might be planning to swipe her | 或许他打算事先把柠檬草油 |
[21:57] | with lemongrass oil beforehand, | 擦到她身上 |
[21:59] | make sure they’re attracted to her. | 确保蜜蜂会被她吸引 |
[22:01] | It’s actually quite a tidy plan. | 真是个细致的计划 |
[22:03] | You know, she flees, bees sting– | 她越跑 蜜蜂越去蜇她 |
[22:05] | tragic accident. | 多惨啊 |
[22:06] | If she’s that allergic to bee stings, | 如果她对蜜蜂叮咬过敏 |
[22:08] | then she’s gonna have an EpiPen. | 她肯定会带肾上腺素 |
[22:09] | Well, an EpiPen would work against one or two stings, | 一针肾上腺素只在叮一两口时有用 |
[22:11] | but how effective is it gonna be | 但是在整个 |
[22:12] | against an army of bee assassins? | 蜜蜂群都来攻击时怎么办呢 |
[22:15] | If the man we are looking for | 如果是我们要找的人 |
[22:17] | is feeding these bees, | 在饲养这些蜜蜂 |
[22:18] | he’s gonna have to come here eventually. | 他迟早会来这里的 |
[22:20] | Yeah. Quite soon, I’d imagine, | 是啊 我想很快就会来 |
[22:21] | ’cause the sugar water’s getting low. | 因为糖水已经不多了 |
[22:24] | Ugh, great. | 太好了 |
[22:24] | So we get to stake out a hive of killer bees. | 那我们就在监视这些蜂巢吧 |
[22:31] | The closest place open was Polish. | 最近的开门的地方只有波兰餐馆了 |
[22:33] | I hope you like pierozkis. | 希望你喜欢馅饼 |
[22:36] | So, yesterday you said that I was getting ahead of myself. | 昨天你说我操之过急了 |
[22:39] | Well, now we know that Phillip Van Der Hoff was murdered, | 现在我们知道菲利普·范德霍夫被杀了 |
[22:41] | there’s been another death, | 还有另外一人也死了 |
[22:43] | and we are sitting here waiting for | 而我们却坐在这等一个 |
[22:45] | someone we think works for Moriarty. | 你觉得在为莫里亚蒂工作的人 |
[22:47] | So I-I want to know what our plan is | 所以我想知道如果我们抓住那个人 |
[22:50] | if we catch this man. | 你有什么计划 |
[22:52] | I also need to know that this time, | 我还想确认下 |
[22:53] | it will not involve you skewering someone with a knife. | 这次你不会再用刀子伤人了吧 |
[22:59] | Obviously, I do not intend | 很显然 我不想 |
[23:00] | to turn this man over to the police. | 把这个人交给警方 |
[23:03] | I intend to find out who murdered Irene. | 我想查出是谁杀了艾琳 |
[23:05] | And once I’ve found the person responsible, | 但当我找到那个人时 |
[23:07] | I will not be resorting to the same tactics | 我不会再用对付赛巴斯提安·莫兰的方式 |
[23:09] | I employed against Sebastian Moran, okay? | 对付他 行了吗 |
[23:15] | Well, you know, | 可是 |
[23:17] | you never regretted it last time, so I… | 你上次一点都不内疚 所以我 |
[23:20] | again, what is different now? | 这次有什么区别呢 |
[23:22] | Well, quite frankly, I’m surprised you have to ask. | 坦白说 我很惊讶你会问我 |
[23:25] | When I pursued Moran… | 我还在追捕莫兰的时候 |
[23:28] | my entire life I had made one meaningful connection. | 我的整个人生与艾琳·艾德勒产生了 |
[23:32] | That was with Irene Adler. | 充满意义的蔓结相连 |
[23:36] | You were preparing to take on a new client, | 你当时已经准备面对新的客户 |
[23:38] | I had every reason to believe that I would be returning | 而我满心都以为我将会回到 |
[23:40] | to the solitary methods of old. | 曾经的孤独状态里 |
[23:42] | Since then, we’ve entered into a partnership. | 从那时开始 我们开始了共同工作 |
[23:45] | It’s an arrangement which I find very rewarding. | 我发现这样的安排令我们受益无穷 |
[23:47] | You’re an interesting project, | 你是很有趣的一个实验对象 |
[23:49] | and I-I enjoy watching your progress. | 而我很热衷于观察你的进展 |
[23:54] | The thing that’s different about me, | 据我对自己的了解 |
[23:55] | empirically speaking… | 我和以前不一样的地方 |
[23:58] | is you. | 就是你 |
[24:05] | That is one of the nicest things | 这是别人对我说过的 |
[24:07] | anyone has ever said to me. | 最动听的一句话 |
[24:14] | As I said, it’s an empirical observation. | 如我所说 这是一次经验观察 |
[24:18] | I’d like to promise you that… | 我可以向你保证的是 |
[24:21] | when I find the people responsible for her death, | 当我查出谁该对她的死负责的时候 |
[24:23] | I won’t hurt them. | 我不会伤害他们 |
[24:24] | Just as I’d like to promise you | 正如我向你保证的一样 |
[24:25] | that if I found a syringe of heroin tomorrow, | 就算我找到了一根海洛因针管 |
[24:28] | I won’t shoot it into my arm. | 我也不会扎到我的胳膊里 |
[24:31] | Can’t know that, though, can I? | 不过谁知道我能不能做到 |
[24:38] | In the meantime, you’ll just have to trust my intent. | 与此同时 你也必须相信我的直觉 |
[24:43] | Better decide quickly, though. | 不过你得快点决定 |
[24:45] | Beekeeper approaches. | 养蜂人到了 |
[24:47] | He’s refilling the water. | 他在补充糖水 |
[24:49] | What-what do we do? | 我们该做什么 |
[24:50] | Well, I said I wouldn’t torture him. | 我说过我不会严刑拷问他 |
[24:52] | Doesn’t mean I’m going to end this with lively debate. | 但这不意味着我会对他和颜悦色 |
[25:00] | Excuse me. We’re with the NYPD. | 打扰 我们是纽约警局的 |
[25:02] | We need to take a look at your notebook. | 我们需要看一眼你的本子 |
[25:05] | These are interesting calculations. | 这些方程很吸引人 |
[25:06] | They appear to track the trajectory | 这恰好与一个从半空坠落的 |
[25:08] | of a falling air conditioning unit. | 空调外挂的坠落轨迹一致 |
[25:10] | What’s your problem, anyway? | 你这人什么毛病 |
[25:11] | You can’t arrest me for doing physics. | 你不能就因为我做物理题就逮捕我 |
[25:14] | Give it to me! | 赶紧给我 |
[25:15] | Oh, we’re not going to arrest you. | 我们不是来拘捕你的 |
[25:18] | You’re going to help us find your employer. | 你要负责帮我们找到你的雇主 |
[25:26] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[25:28] | Welcome to our home. | 欢迎来我家做客 |
[25:34] | We know your name is Daniel Gottlieb, | 我们知道你叫丹尼尔·戈特利布 |
[25:37] | that you retired from your career | 曾任工程师 |
[25:39] | as an engineer several years ago, | 几年前退休 |
[25:43] | and that you’ve carried out a number of murders | 而你已经为一位神秘的雇主 |
[25:47] | on behalf of a mysterious employer. | 实施了一系列谋杀 |
[25:50] | Let’s call him… | 暂且称他为 |
[25:53] | Moriarty. | 莫里亚蒂 |
[25:55] | We found information in here | 这里我们寻找到的信息 |
[25:56] | that ties you to the deaths of Phillip Van Der Hoff | 将你直接牵扯到了菲利普·范德霍夫 |
[25:58] | and Robert Baumann. | 以及罗伯特·鲍曼的死上 |
[26:01] | We can make your career as a murderer | 我们可定性你为有案可查的 |
[26:04] | a matter of record. | 杀人凶手 |
[26:05] | You’ve received a number of encrypted texts, | 你收到的一系列加密短信 |
[26:08] | similar to those which we found on the phone | 与我们在另一个叫做塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰 |
[26:10] | of a serial killer | 的连环杀手手机里 |
[26:12] | named Sebastian Moran. | 所发现的一样 |
[26:14] | So, a bargain: | 来 做个交易 |
[26:17] | I’m going to go in the other room. | 现在我要去另一个房间 |
[26:18] | I’m going to send a text message | 我要用你的手机 |
[26:20] | from your phone, | 发条短信 |
[26:21] | saying something’s gone wrong. | 说发生了麻烦事儿 |
[26:23] | I will demand | 我会要求 |
[26:24] | a face-to-face meeting with your employer. | 跟你的老板来一次面谈 |
[26:26] | If, by the time I receive a response, | 如果在我收到回复之前 |
[26:30] | you’ve told me everything that you know about Moriarty, | 你说出关于莫里亚蒂你所知的所有事 |
[26:33] | I will impose on my friends at the NYPD | 我会让我纽约警局里的朋友 |
[26:35] | to get you special treatment in prison. | 让你在牢里得到优待 |
[26:37] | If you don’t say anything, | 如果你缄默不言 |
[26:38] | we’re just gonna hand you over to the police. | 我们只好把你交给警方 |
[26:43] | Ring that when you decide what you want to do. | 想清楚怎么做就按铃吧 |
[26:57] | Aren’t you even a little nervous? | 你难道一点儿也不紧张吗 |
[26:58] | I mean, somebody is sending those texts– | 我指 有人发了那些短信 |
[27:00] | call him Moriarty, call him whatever you want. | 叫他莫里亚蒂或者别的什么都行 |
[27:03] | He’s behind God knows how many murders, | 他藏在不知道多少杀手后面 |
[27:04] | and he’s about to give you his undivided attention. | 并且准备把火力集中到你身上 |
[27:07] | Do you want some tea? | 你要喝茶吗 |
[27:08] | No, I want a drink. | 不 我想喝杯酒 |
[27:11] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:30] | You’re going to be disappointed. | 你要失望了 |
[27:33] | I don’t know who he is. | 我不知道他是谁 |
[27:35] | I don’t really know anything about him. | 实际上我对他一无所知 |
[27:38] | How many people have you killed? | 你杀了多少个人了 |
[27:40] | Thirty-one. | 三十一个 |
[27:42] | He’s been… | 他已经 |
[27:44] | active in New York these past few years. | 在纽约活跃了几年了 |
[27:47] | Sebastian Moran was a notorious hard man in Shoreditch. | 塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰在肖迪奇臭名昭著 |
[27:51] | It’s easy to see how he came to Moriarty’s attention. | 显而易见他是这样引起莫里亚蒂注意的 |
[27:54] | You worked a desk job. | 而你是坐办公室的 |
[27:56] | How were you recruited? | 你是怎么被他雇佣的 |
[27:58] | Eight years ago… | 八年前 |
[28:00] | we were doing an environmental impact study | 我们在英国为一家公司做 |
[28:03] | for a company based in the UK. | 环境影响研究 |
[28:06] | I was working late one night. | 有天我加班到很晚 |
[28:08] | This tall guy sits down next to me. | 一个高个子坐在了我身边 |
[28:12] | He doesn’t give a name… | 他没有说他叫什么 |
[28:13] | just says he’s our client. | 只说他是我们的客户 |
[28:17] | He was British. Striking. | 他是英国人 很明显 |
[28:20] | He said he wanted to take me to dinner | 他说他想带我去吃晚餐 |
[28:23] | to discuss the fact that I’m a serial killer. | 讨论一下我是个连环杀手的事实 |
[28:27] | He found you out. | 他发现了你 |
[28:30] | How? | 怎么做到的 |
[28:31] | He claimed to be experienced at picking out psychopaths | 他说自己对发现有谋杀冲动的人 |
[28:34] | who were trying to “Pass”. | 很有经验 |
[28:36] | He said he’d be in touch. | 他说会和我保持联系 |
[28:39] | I never saw him again. | 我再也没有见过他 |
[28:40] | It was all on the phone, after that. | 从那之后都是电话联系 |
[28:43] | What else did he say to you that night? | 那天晚上他还跟你说了什么 |
[28:45] | What, about himself? | 关于他自己 |
[28:48] | Mm… you know… | 你知道 |
[28:49] | He mentioned he spent time in a reform school | 他提到他小时候曾经在教管所 |
[28:52] | when he was a kid. | 待过一段时间 |
[28:55] | One more thing: | 还有一件事 |
[28:58] | I know you. | 我见过你 |
[29:00] | Your face. | 你的脸 |
[29:01] | I was doing some work for him in London a few years ago. | 几年前我在伦敦帮他做过事 |
[29:04] | I got a text with your picture. | 我收到过有你照片的短信 |
[29:08] | You were dabbling in drugs. | 你当时在吸毒 |
[29:11] | I had an accidental overdose lined up for you. | 我本为你准备了一次吸毒过量意外死亡 |
[29:14] | Dissolute man-child gives himself a hot shot. | 一个小混混过量注射毒品死亡 |
[29:17] | Who’d look twice? | 谁会看第二眼 |
[29:20] | But I got another message: “Job cancelled.” | 但是我又收到一条信息 “行动取消” |
[29:25] | That was the only time that ever happened. | 那是唯一一次取消行动 |
[29:35] | They have agreed to a meeting. | 他们同意会面 |
[29:37] | At the Parthenon. | 在帕特农餐厅 |
[29:45] | The man Gottlieb described… | 戈特利布说的那个人… |
[29:47] | he picked out a serial killer on a hunch. | 能凭预感挑选连环杀手 |
[29:49] | He’d have to be observant to do that; brilliant. | 他一定有敏锐的洞察力和极其聪明的头脑 |
[29:52] | You think Gottlieb met Moriarty? | 你觉得戈特利布真的见过莫里亚蒂吗 |
[29:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:57] | But I can’t help but wonder | 但是我不得不好奇 |
[29:58] | if we’ve had our first description of the man. | 他是否就在我们眼前 |
[30:01] | I wouldn’t expect him to show up here, | 我不抱希望他能在这里出现 |
[30:03] | if he’s even in the country. | 他是否在这个国家都不得而知 |
[30:04] | But Gottlieb is already late, | 戈特利布已经迟到了 |
[30:06] | and someone in there is waiting for him. | 餐厅里有个人正在等他 |
[30:08] | The guy with the turban doesn’t have any food. | 带帽子的那个男的没有点餐 |
[30:10] | His wife is pregnant and using the restroom. | 他怀孕的老婆上厕所了 |
[30:13] | He’s just indulging her late-night cravings. | 他只是陪他老婆吃宵夜 |
[30:17] | Look at the booth to the right of them. | 看他们右边的那个桌子 |
[30:21] | He’s doing his best to appear strung out. | 他尽力地假装自己犯毒瘾了 |
[30:23] | He’s had a manicure quite recently, | 他不久前刚剪了指甲 |
[30:25] | and he just checked the time | 他从手腕的限量版优舶表上 |
[30:26] | on his limited edition U-Boat watch. | 看了看时间 |
[30:30] | Yeah, he’d have to tell someone that Gottlieb didn’t show. | 他得告诉某个人戈特利布没有赴约 |
[30:43] | Try not to follow too closely. | 不要跟得太紧 |
[30:46] | Don’t lose him altogether, though. | 但也不要跟丢了 |
[31:02] | Looks like he just got stood up. | 看起来像被放鸽子了 |
[31:12] | What’s he doing? | 他要干什么 |
[31:15] | He’s waiting to see if anyone’s trying to follow him. | 他在那等着 看是否有人跟踪 |
[31:20] | The meeting’s on the other side of the tracks. | 他们在铁轨另一边见面 |
[31:24] | Don’t move. | 待着别动 |
[31:32] | They’ll be long gone by the time the train passes. | 等火车过去后 他们早就走了 |
[31:37] | Can you see anything? | 你能看到什么吗 |
[31:39] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[31:41] | Hope so. | 希望可以 |
[31:50] | Modern cameras can capture imagery faster | 现代照相机抓拍图像 |
[31:53] | than the human eye can process it, | 比人眼处理图像快得多 |
[31:55] | so I set the shutter speed to 1/640 of a second, | 所以我把快门速度设置为1/640秒 |
[32:00] | opened the aperture wide… | 并开大光圈… |
[32:01] | You took a picture between the cars of a moving train. | 你透过火车车厢的缝隙拍照 |
[32:03] | I took a series of photos between the cars of a moving train. | 我透过火车车厢的缝隙拍了一连串照片 |
[32:06] | I also moved the camera | 我还左右移动了相机 |
[32:07] | from left to right to get different angles. | 从不同角度拍下了照片 |
[32:10] | Now, no one photograph is any good on its own, of course, | 当然 没有一张照片是完整的 |
[32:12] | but look at them… | 但是看看这些… |
[32:15] | as a whole… | 放在一起的照片 |
[32:24] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[32:26] | That’s the man who took me to dinner. | 就是他邀请我一起吃饭 |
[32:48] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[32:49] | Middle of the workday in England. | 在英国的话已经上班了 |
[32:53] | So, the man at the train tracks. | 铁轨另一边的那个人 |
[32:55] | We thought he may be British, | 我们认为他可能是英国人 |
[32:56] | we thought he may have spent time at a reform school. | 我们认为他可能在教养院待过 |
[32:59] | There are only so many reform schools in England, | 英国那些教养院 |
[33:01] | and only so many prisoners in each of them. | 与其中的犯人 都记录在此 |
[33:06] | Aren’t these records sealed? | 这些档案是机密吧 |
[33:07] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[33:08] | They don’t want just anyone looking at ’em. | 他们不想让人看到这些 |
[33:10] | I still have contacts in Britain. | 但是我在英国有内线 |
[33:16] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[33:17] | “John Douglas.” | “约翰·道格拉斯” |
[33:19] | He was brilliant, even as a boy. | 他小时候就很聪明 |
[33:22] | Lethal, too. | 也很会杀人 |
[33:23] | While at the Bodwin Reform School for Boys, | 当他在鲍德温男童教养院的时候 |
[33:25] | his dear friend and roommate, | 他的好朋友兼舍友 |
[33:26] | Randall Breen, was beaten to death | 兰德尔·布林 被年长一些的男孩 |
[33:28] | by a group of older boys. | 活活打死 |
[33:29] | Within six months of his death, | 在其死后的六个月内 |
[33:31] | three of his assailants were dead. | 三名凶手被杀 |
[33:34] | You think it was Douglas? | 你认为是道格拉斯干的 |
[33:36] | They couldn’t prove it. But they transferred him | 虽然没有证据 他还是被转移到了 |
[33:37] | to another reform school, and the deaths stopped. | 其他教养院 然后就没有了死亡事件 |
[33:39] | Well, maybe he has a record as an adult | 也许有一些他成年以后的记录 |
[33:41] | that can help us track him down, huh? | 可以帮我们追查他 |
[33:43] | John Douglas was released on his 18th birthday. | 约翰·道格拉斯在他的18岁生日被释放 |
[33:45] | Since then, not a whisper of him in the system. | 从那以后 系统里再也没有他的消息 |
[33:49] | I think it unlikely he’s used his own name | 我认为这45年来 他不大可能 |
[33:51] | in the last 45 years. | 使用过自己的名字 |
[33:54] | I believe he’s assumed another identity. | 我相信他有一个伪装身份 |
[33:59] | Moriarty? | 莫里亚蒂 |
[34:00] | If that’s the man we’re looking for, | 如果他就是我们要找的人 |
[34:01] | I doubt it’s the only alias that he uses. | 我不认为他只有这一个化名 |
[34:03] | So how do we find him? | 那如何才能找到他 |
[34:06] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[34:18] | “I was closer to the truth than I let on.” | “我有所隐瞒 其实我已接近真相” |
[34:20] | “Off to see what I’d do | “当我拿着注射器出现时 |
[34:22] | when presented with a loaded syringe.” | 在一旁看我的表演吧” |
[34:24] | “My apologies for abandoning you | “很抱歉在我们的戏剧 |
[34:26] | as our drama approaches its climax.” | 就要高潮时离你而去” |
[34:36] | Good morning, John Douglas. | 早上好 约翰·道格拉斯 |
[34:41] | Holmes! | 福尔摩斯 |
[34:42] | I took the liberty of disassembling your pistol. | 我擅自把您的手枪给拆了 |
[34:48] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[34:50] | I have Gottlieb. | 戈特利布在我手上 |
[34:53] | I arranged the meeting last night. | 昨晚的会面是我安排的 |
[34:54] | I followed your man. | 我跟踪了你的人 |
[34:55] | As for you, you’re registered | 至于你 你以兰德尔·布林的名字 |
[34:57] | in this hotel under the name Randall Breen. | 登记入住了这家酒店 |
[35:00] | Same as your cell mate in Bodwin. | 跟你在鲍德温的狱友名字一样 |
[35:05] | What’s in the bag? | 包里是什么 |
[35:07] | The instruments of your slow demise. | 让你慢慢死去的工具 |
[35:11] | Do you do business under the name “Moriarty”? | 你有以”莫里亚蒂”的名字行事吗 |
[35:14] | I’m… not him. | 我…不是他 |
[35:19] | I could never be him. | 我永远也成不了他 |
[35:22] | Yes, by all means, | 那请你务必 |
[35:23] | tell me more about his unfathomable genius. | 跟我说说这个深不可测的天才 |
[35:27] | I know why you’re looking for him. | 我知道你为什么找他 |
[35:29] | You want to know about Irene. | 你想知道艾琳的事 |
[35:34] | I didn’t kill her. | 她不是我杀的 |
[35:37] | But I know what happened. | 但是我知道经过 |
[35:40] | I could tell you why she had to die. | 我可以告诉你她为什么得死 |
[35:44] | It was because of you, Holmes. | 是因为你 福尔摩斯 |
[35:59] | I just talked to the detective who caught the case. | 我刚跟负责这件案子的警探了解了情况 |
[36:02] | She says you were in the room | 她说这个叫道格拉斯的人 |
[36:03] | when this guy Douglas got taken out, | 被枪击时你在场 |
[36:06] | but you have no idea why it happened. | 但是你不知道为什么他被枪击 |
[36:09] | Right. | 是的 |
[36:11] | It would appear someone didn’t want us | 看起来像是有人不希望我们 |
[36:12] | to finish the conversation we were having. | 完成当时的谈话 |
[36:15] | What the hell is going on with you? | 你到底怎么回事 |
[36:18] | What did Moran say to you the other day? | 莫兰那天跟你说了什么 |
[36:22] | There’s someone else involved; | 这件事里还牵扯到别人 |
[36:24] | someone who texted those pictures to Moran. | 那个把照片发给莫兰的人 |
[36:26] | He had a similar arrangement with the man | 他和另一个人有类似的约定 |
[36:28] | I’m about to hand off to you. | 我正要把他交给你 |
[36:29] | I’ve committed myself to finding this person. | 我一定会找出这个人的 |
[36:32] | I give you my word: | 我向你保证 |
[36:33] | I will not repeat the tactics | 我不会再用当时 |
[36:34] | that put you and I at odds back then. | 我们有过争执的手段 |
[36:36] | I wish your word meant something more to me. | 我希望你的话不只是说说而已 |
[36:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:41] | Which is why I have a character witness. | 那就是为什么我有一个品德见证人 |
[36:43] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[36:44] | I’m quite fine. Watson, I was just | 我很好 华生 我刚 |
[36:46] | telling Captain Gregson that I’m a changed man. | 告诉格雷森警监我已经改过自新了 |
[36:49] | That he needn’t worry that I’ll hold myself apart | 他不需要担心我还会 |
[36:51] | from the norms of decent behavior. | 脱离正确的行为准则 |
[36:53] | That’s my old medical bag. | 那是我的老医药箱 |
[36:59] | Legos? | 乐高玩具 |
[37:00] | Yean, the bag needed a certain heft | 是的 这个包要有一定的重量 |
[37:01] | if it was gonna fool John Douglas. | 才能糊弄约翰·道格拉斯 |
[37:04] | I just bred an antibiotic- resistant strain of rubella. | 我只是得了有抗生素抵抗性的遗传风疹 |
[37:09] | This guy has given us 18 murders so far. | 这人目前已经向我们坦白了十八桩谋杀案 |
[37:12] | He has no interest in an attorney. | 他不要律师 |
[37:15] | He just wants to talk. | 他只想谈话 |
[37:16] | He’s had to keep his “Project”” | 这些年里他不得不 |
[37:17] | to himself all these years. | 把他的所作所为埋在心里 |
[37:19] | Probably relieved to finally have an audience. | 也许最终有了听众才得以解脱 |
[37:23] | Gottlieb’s getting a text. | 戈特利布收到了一条短信 |
[37:27] | What does it say? | 上面说什么 |
[37:35] | What’s he saying to you? | 他对你说什么 |
[37:38] | I-I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[37:38] | – I-I can’t read it. – Tell me! | -我 我看不懂 -告诉我 |
[37:41] | That’s not the code we used. | 那不是我们用过的密码 |
[37:43] | If you want to read that message, | 如果你想看懂这条短信 |
[37:45] | you’re going to have to translate it yourself. | 你得要自己破解出来 |
[37:58] | Do you need something from me, partner? | 你需要我的帮助吗 搭档 |
[38:05] | Your colleague’s in custody. | 你的同伙已经被拘留了 |
[38:08] | A man named John Douglas is in the morgue. | 一个叫约翰·道格拉斯的人躺在停尸房里 |
[38:12] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[38:13] | You know, me and you | 你知道 我和你 |
[38:14] | can take this all the way to the top. | 能一路登峰造极 |
[38:18] | What’s it take to crease that mug? | 你怎么一脸的郁闷 |
[38:21] | I gave you a good haul last time, didn’t I? | 我之前已经告诉你不少东西了 不是吗 |
[38:26] | Tell me what this says. | 告诉我这是什么意思 |
[38:29] | What, the great Sherlock Holmes | 怎么 伟大的夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[38:30] | couldn’t crack it? | 破解不了它 |
[38:32] | I’m working on it. | 我在努力了 |
[38:33] | If you could speed things up for me, | 如果你能帮我一把 |
[38:35] | then I won’t have to. | 我就不必费神了 |
[38:41] | Go to the incoming text log. | 回到收件箱 |
[38:52] | Now back to the message. | 再回到那条短信 |
[39:06] | What does it say? | 这是什么意思 |
[39:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:11] | It’s not the code we used to use. | 这不是我们过去用过的密码 |
[39:13] | Bollocks. You’re lying. | 胡说 你在说谎 |
[39:14] | Nope. | 没有 |
[39:16] | Someone’s winding you up, mate. | 有人想阻止你 哥们 |
[39:17] | Tell me what it says, Moran. | 告诉我它是什么意思 莫兰 |
[39:19] | I’m done here! | 我结束了 |
[39:20] | Tell me what it says. | 告诉我它是什么意思 |
[39:22] | – Tell me what it says. – Leave it. | -告诉我它是什么意思 -别管了 |
[39:42] | You didn’t get much sleep last night. | 你昨晚没怎么睡 |
[39:44] | No. I’ve almost cracked this. | 是的 我就快要破解它了 |
[39:47] | I’ve identified the type of cipher. | 我已经确认了密码的类型 |
[39:49] | All that remains is for me to ascertain | 剩下的就是弄清 |
[39:50] | the three-digit sequence that will decode it. | 可以用来破译它的三位数字序列 |
[39:53] | Well, it is 10:17 right now. | 现在是十点十七分了 |
[39:55] | Let’s say by 11:00 you haven’t cracked it, | 我们说好要是十一点你还没破解出来 |
[39:57] | we both get some rest, okay? | 我们就都休息一会儿 好吗 |
[39:58] | The code’ll be there in the morning. | 密码明天早上又不会跑 |
[40:00] | 10:17. Thank you. | 十点十七分 谢谢你 |
[40:03] | Watson, you know… | 华生 你知道吗 |
[40:04] | some people– without possessing genius– | 有些人 缺乏天赋的人 |
[40:06] | have a remarkable knack for stimulating it. | 却有着一种非凡的激发别人灵感的力量 |
[40:09] | Oh, an insult and a boast. | 又夸我又损我啊 |
[40:11] | 10:17. Moran looked at the time; | 十点十七分 莫兰看了时间 |
[40:13] | he needed to see when the message was sent. | 他需要知道这条信息是什么时候发出去的 |
[40:17] | 4:32. | 四点三十二分 |
[40:20] | That’s when this message was sent | 那就是短信发出去的时间 |
[40:22] | and that is the decryption key. | 而且这就是密钥 |
[40:24] | ♪I’ve been to the hash bars♪ | ♪我去过地下酒吧♪ |
[40:27] | ♪I’ve been to the brothels of France♪ | ♪我去过法国的妓院♪ |
[40:31] | ♪But none of you ladies in Europe♪ | ♪但是欧洲的女人们♪ |
[40:35] | ♪Will give this poor Gooner a chance♪ | ♪都不给我这个阿森纳球迷机会♪ |
[40:38] | ♪Bring back, bring back♪ | ♪回来吧 回来吧♪ |
[40:42] | ♪Bring back the Champions’ to me, to me♪ | ♪把冠军带回给我们吧 我们吧♪ |
[40:46] | ♪Bring back, bring back♪ | ♪回来吧 回来吧♪ |
[40:49] | ♪Bring back the Arsenal to me♪ | ♪把阿森纳带回给我们吧♪ |
[40:58] | ♪Who’s that team we call the Arsenal♪ | ♪我们称作阿森纳的是哪支队伍♪ |
[41:02] | ♪Who’s that team we all adore♪ | ♪我们都崇拜的是哪支队伍♪ |
[41:06] | ♪They’re the team in red and white♪ | ♪就是那支穿红白球衣的球队♪ |
[41:07] | ♪And they fight with all their might…♪ | ♪而且他们永不言弃♪ |
[41:10] | Moran, you never told me you had a sister. | “莫兰 你从没告诉过我你有一个妹妹 |
[41:13] | “She dies or you do. Your choice. M.” | 要么她死要么你死 自己选吧 M” |
[41:17] | ♪And they’re gonna show the world just how they score♪ | ♪而且他们要告诉世界他们是怎么赢的♪ |
[41:26] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[41:26] | Captain, Sebastian Moran is going to attempt suicide. | 警监 塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰打算自杀 |
[41:29] | You need to call the warden at Newgate. | 你得打电话给纽盖特监狱的典狱长 |
[41:31] | I just got off the phone with him. | 我刚和他通完电话 |
[41:34] | Moran slammed his head against the wall at least a dozen times. | 莫兰用他的头撞墙撞了有一会儿了 |
[41:37] | Is he alive? | 他还活着吗 |
[41:38] | Well, he was as of five minutes ago, but, uh… | 直到五分钟前他还活着 但是 |
[41:42] | the swelling in his brain, it’s bad. | 他脑袋里的肿块 情况不好 |
[41:44] | They don’t expect him to last the night. | 他们觉得他活不过今晚 |
[41:50] | He had you bring the message to Moran. | 他利用你把这条信息带给了莫兰 |
[41:55] | You couldn’t have known. | 这不是你的错 |
[41:57] | Yeah, you know, that’s what idiots tell themselves | 你知道吗 白痴们犯二的时候 |
[41:59] | when they’ve been outsmarted. | 就是这么安慰自己的 |
[42:01] | Twice Moriarty has had me in his sights | 莫里亚蒂逮住我两次 |
[42:03] | and twice he’s let me go: | 而且两次他都放我走了 |
[42:03] | once when he hired Gottlieb to kill me, | 一次是他雇佣戈特利布来杀我 |
[42:05] | and again this morning. | 还有一次是今天早上 |
[42:07] | I don’t know what his game is. | 我不知道他在玩什么把戏 |
[42:09] | It seems like maybe you’re the game. | 看起来好像你本身就是游戏 |
[42:15] | That’s Gottlieb’s phone. | 那是戈特利布的手机 |
[42:27] | This is Sherlock Holmes. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[42:28] | Yes. Thank you. Well aware. | 恩 谢谢 我知道 |
[42:31] | And whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to? | 请问我有幸在和哪位通话 |
[42:33] | My name is Moriarty. | 我的名字叫莫里亚蒂 |
[42:35] | I believe we’re overdue for a chat. | 我相信这对话久违了 |