时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Close your mouth, Watson. You’ll catch a fly. | 华生 闭上嘴 不然苍蝇会飞进去 |
[00:15] | I didn’t you had one of those machines. | 我不知道你还有一套刺青设备 |
[00:17] | Only needle these arms see anymore. | 只在刺手臂时才拿出来 |
[00:20] | I keep it for the occasional touch-up. | 我是为了偶尔补色而准备的 |
[00:22] | Well, wouldn’t it be easier if someone else did it, | 让其他人来做不是更好 |
[00:24] | like an actual tattoo artist? | 譬如一个专业纹身师 |
[00:25] | I am an actual tattoo artist. | 我就是专业纹身师 |
[00:27] | I did a lot of these myself. | 早就熟能生巧了 |
[00:28] | – How’d you…? – Ambidextrous. | -你怎么能… -我左右手都很灵活 |
[00:31] | Of course you are. | 看出来了 |
[00:33] | Can I interest you in some ink of your own? | 我可以给你推荐个纹身图案吗 |
[00:35] | Syringe with a line through it, perhaps, | 一条线穿过一根注射器或许不错 |
[00:36] | in honor of your former career as a sober companion? | 以此向你之前康戒陪护的工作致敬 |
[00:39] | I think I’m good, thanks. | 还是免了吧 谢谢 |
[00:41] | I wanted to plan something for your anniversary. | 我想计划一下你的周年庆 |
[00:43] | You’re gonna be one-year sober in a few days. | 再过些天 你就戒毒满一年了 |
[00:45] | They’re gonna give you your one-year chip at your next meeting. | 下次互助会他们要给你发一周年徽章 |
[00:47] | It’s a big deal, Sherlock. You should be proud. | 夏洛克 这很了不起 你应该引以为傲 |
[00:49] | You’ve been talking to Alfredo. | 你和阿弗雷多谈过吧 |
[00:50] | He’s been hounding me about my soberversary for weeks now. | 他最近几周一直跟我唠叨戒毒一周年的事 |
[00:53] | Of course he has. He’s your sponsor. | 必须的啊 他是你的担保人 |
[00:55] | Which is why I have not had the heart to tell him | 所以我不忍心告诉他 |
[00:57] | I’ve absolutely no intention of accepting that chip. | 我压根没准备接受那个徽章 |
[00:59] | And why wouldn’t you accept it? | 为什么不接受 |
[01:01] | It is absurd to measure sobriety in units of time. | 用时间来衡量戒毒是很荒谬的 |
[01:04] | It is a state of being. One is either in it or out of it. | 那是一种生存状态 要么戒 要么不戒 |
[01:07] | In my case, I am in it permanently. | 而我已经永远不会吸毒了 |
[01:10] | Amassing a collection of cheap plastic discs seems infantile. | 攒一堆廉价的塑料片有点幼稚 |
[01:13] | Unless, of course, I could trade them in for a prize. | 除非 我可以拿它们换个奖品 |
[01:15] | A brood of sea monkeys, perhaps. | 或许可以换一窝咸水虾 |
[01:16] | Sherlock… | 夏洛克 |
[01:17] | You’re a ex-sober companion. | 你现在不是康戒陪护了 |
[01:18] | It is no longer your calling to nag me, police me or reproach me. | 你不必再唠叨我 监督我 指责我 |
[01:22] | If I require your opinion with regards to my sobriety, | 如果我需要你关于戒毒的建议 |
[01:25] | I will ask for it. | 我会直说的 |
[01:27] | You are right. | 那是当然 |
[01:35] | Alfredo, your ears must have been burning. | 阿弗雷多 我们正说着你呢 |
[01:37] | Hope I’m not calling too early. I’m with a friend. | 希望这电话不算太早 我跟个朋友在一起 |
[01:41] | I think he could use your help. | 我觉得他需要你的帮助 |
[02:06] | Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson. | 我们是夏洛克·福尔摩斯和乔恩·华生 |
[02:08] | We’re here to see Ken Whitman. | 来找肯·惠特曼 |
[02:10] | Uh, my dad. He said someone was coming by. | 是我爸爸 他说过有人要来 |
[02:13] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[02:23] | You’re quite good. | 你人很不错 |
[02:25] | Eva. Thanks. | 谢谢 我叫伊娃 |
[02:27] | Uh, Dad’s in the den, just… down the hall. | 爸爸在客厅 就在那边 |
[02:31] | I told you when I met you that I had a great sponsor. | 我以前跟你们说过我有个很好的担保人 |
[02:35] | This is him. | 就是他 |
[02:36] | The only one in the group willing to take a chance | 小组里唯一愿意给我这个偷车贼 |
[02:38] | on a half-reformed ex-car thief. | 一次改过自新机会的人 |
[02:40] | Alfredo said you were in trouble. | 阿弗雷多说你有麻烦了 |
[02:45] | Two years ago, Eva used a fake I.D. to get into a club in the city. | 两年前 伊娃用假身份混进了一个酒吧 |
[02:49] | A man named Brent Garvey slipped something into her drink. | 一个叫布伦特·加维的人在她酒里下了药 |
[02:53] | He took her to his apartment and… | 他把她带回公寓 然后… |
[02:59] | The next morning she told me and her mom everything. | 第二天早上她把整件事告诉了我和他妈妈 |
[03:01] | We took her to the police and they found Garvey. | 我们带她去报警 并抓到了加维 |
[03:05] | She picked him out of a lineup. | 她从一群嫌疑人里认出了他 |
[03:07] | Brave girl. | 她真勇敢 |
[03:08] | After Garvey was charged, two other victims came forward. | 加维被指控后 又有两名受害者站出来 |
[03:12] | He ended up cutting a deal. | 他最后同检控官达成协议 |
[03:14] | Pled guilty for a reduced sentence. | 认罪以获得减刑 |
[03:16] | Technically, it was over. | 严格说来 事情就此结束了 |
[03:17] | But not for you and your family. | 但对于你们家则未必 |
[03:20] | For Eva, it was hard. | 对伊娃来说很艰难 |
[03:22] | She cut off contact with her friends. | 她与朋友们切断联系 |
[03:24] | Stopped playing. | 足不出户 |
[03:26] | Even tried to hurt herself. | 还有自残倾向 |
[03:29] | We found her a therapist. | 我们给她找了个心理医生 |
[03:30] | Things… got better. | 情况有了些好转 |
[03:33] | She said she might even be ready for college next year. | 她说也许明年她就能去上大学了 |
[03:38] | And then | 然而 |
[03:39] | a few months ago, I got this in the mail. | 几个月前 我在信箱里发现了这个 |
[03:42] | It’s a-a video of Eva with Brent Garvey. | 是伊娃和布伦特·加维的录像 |
[03:48] | The night he… | 就是他把她… |
[03:54] | “Mr. Whitman, you will transfer $10,000 to the following account | 惠特曼先生 汇1万美元到下面的账户 |
[03:58] | or this video will be posted online | 不然这段视频就会被上传 |
[04:00] | and released to the media. | 并泄露给媒体 |
[04:01] | Your daughter will be a star. | 你女儿就出名了 |
[04:04] | Do not go to the police, | 别去报警 |
[04:06] | do not attempt to identify me. | 别试图找出我是谁 |
[04:07] | If I’m arrested or physically harmed in any way, | 如果我被捕或受到任何伤害 |
[04:10] | I have a fail-safe in place, | 我有个同伴随时准备着 |
[04:12] | an associate who will release the video for me.” | 会在需要时替我发布视频 |
[04:15] | Eva had come such a long way. | 伊娃一路走来很不容易 |
[04:17] | I didn’t want to see her get hurt again. | 我不想看到她再受伤害 |
[04:20] | So you paid the $10,000. | 所以你付了那一万美元 |
[04:22] | I didn’t even tell my wife. | 我都没告诉我妻子 |
[04:23] | I just did it. | 直接就付了钱 |
[04:25] | But then… a few weeks later… | 但几周后… |
[04:28] | They asked for more money. | 他们再次向你勒索 |
[04:30] | I paid again. | 我还是照付了 |
[04:31] | The third demand came a few days ago. | 几天前他们第三次勒索我 |
[04:35] | I finally lost it. | 我终于忍不住了 |
[04:38] | Came close to falling off the wagon. | 差点酒瘾复发 |
[04:41] | My sponsor was out of town, so I-I reached out to Alfredo. | 我的担保人出城了 于是我去找了阿弗雷多 |
[04:44] | I-I just needed to talk to someone. | 我得找人谈谈 |
[04:47] | But then he told me about you. | 然后他向我说起了你 |
[04:50] | H-He said you might be able to help? | 他说你也许能帮我 |
[04:55] | I have a particular disdain for blackmailers. | 我特别鄙视勒索犯 |
[04:59] | They are… | 他们 |
[05:01] | in some respects… | 从某些方面来说 |
[05:03] | more despicable to me than even murderers. | 比杀人犯更卑鄙 |
[05:07] | Ms. Watson and I will find the person who’s been targeting you. | 我和华生小姐会找到勒索你的人 |
[05:10] | We will also find their associate. Then… | 我们也会找到他们的同伙 然后 |
[05:13] | we will destroy every trace of this vile recording. | 我们会把这些视频全部清除干净 |
[05:25] | You think he’s the blackmailer. | 你觉得他就是那个勒索犯 |
[05:27] | My tech expert in London traced the account number | 我在伦敦的技术专家追踪纸条上的账号 |
[05:30] | on the note to that man and this address. | 查到了这个人和这个地址 |
[05:34] | Charles Augustus Milverton. | 查尔斯·奥古斯塔斯·米尔弗顿 |
[05:37] | He certainly looks the part. | 他看着就很像勒索犯 |
[05:38] | I’m just surprised how easy it was to find him. | 我只是惊讶于 找他未免太容易了 |
[05:40] | Well, he’s obviously confident in the protection | 很明显 他对自己同伴提供的的保障 |
[05:42] | that his fail-safe affords him. | 充满信心 |
[05:45] | I’ll assess the threat he poses, | 我去看下他发出的恐吓 |
[05:47] | and attempt to divine the identity of his accomplice. | 试着推测其同伙的身份 |
[05:51] | Once both individuals are known to us, | 一旦掌握了两人的资料 |
[05:54] | we will destroy their blackmail troves simultaneously. | 我们就能一举清除那些性侵视频 |
[06:22] | Another reason to dislike Milverton… | 又多了一条讨厌米尔弗顿的理由 |
[06:25] | he keeps cats. | 他养猫 |
[06:27] | Well, he should get himself a real pet, | 他应该养些真正的宠物 |
[06:29] | like a beehive. | 比如蜂窝 |
[06:31] | You see anything? | 看到什么了吗 |
[06:32] | Laptop. | 笔记本电脑 |
[06:33] | He could have used it to burn the DVD that he sent. | 可能就是用这台电脑刻录那些光碟的 |
[06:56] | What’s happening? | 什么情况 |
[06:58] | Ken Whitman said the man who assaulted his daughter | 肯·惠特曼说侵犯他女儿的人 |
[07:00] | took two other teenaged victims, as well– | 还有另外两名受害者 |
[07:02] | Tracy Bender and Karen Pistone. | 特蕾西·班德和凯伦·皮斯通 |
[07:05] | There are videos of them here, as well. | 这里也有她们的视频 |
[07:08] | You think he’s blackmailing their parents? | 你觉得他也在勒索她们的父母吗 |
[07:10] | Them. Others. | 除了他们 还有其他人 |
[07:12] | “Others”? | 其他人 |
[07:13] | It would seem Mr. Milverton is a professional blackmailer. | 看样子米尔弗顿先生是个专业勒索犯 |
[07:16] | I’d estimate that his victims number in the dozens. | 我估计受害者有好几十个 |
[07:24] | He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[07:25] | He must have just gone to get some groceries. | 肯定只是去买点东西而已 |
[07:27] | He’s heading for the door. | 他朝门口走过去了 |
[07:35] | You could have specified back door, Watson. | 你该具体点说是后门的 华生 |
[07:37] | What’re you talking about? He’s coming through the front. | 你说什么呢 他走的是前门 |
[08:08] | Please… | 求你… |
[08:47] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[08:49] | What’re you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[08:52] | I’d like you to take a look at something. | 我想让你看点东西 |
[08:54] | Then I’d like you to join me in the conference room. | 然后来会议室找我吧 |
[09:03] | You want to tell me why you asked me to look at | 能给我说说 为什么让我看 |
[09:06] | what appears to be the brutal rape of a teenage girl? | 如此残忍性侵少女的录像带吗 |
[09:11] | I thought it was important you understand what was at stake. | 我觉得得让你知道是谁身处险境 |
[09:15] | The man in that video is Brent Garvey. | 视频里的男人是布伦特·加维 |
[09:18] | He was arrested in New Jersey several years ago | 几年前在新泽西被捕 |
[09:20] | and convicted of sexually assaulting three young women: | 性侵了三名女生 |
[09:23] | Eva Whitman, Tracy Bender, Karen Pistone. | 伊娃·惠特曼 特蕾西·班德和凯伦·皮斯通 |
[09:27] | Eva Whitman’s father received that DVD in the mail, | 伊娃·惠特曼的父亲在信箱里收到了这光碟 |
[09:30] | along with a note which demanded that he pay $10,000 | 还有一张字条 要求他支付一万美金 |
[09:34] | or see it released on the Internet. | 否则就将视频传到网上 |
[09:37] | Now, I identified the blackmailer earlier this evening. | 我今晚早些时候查到了勒索犯的身份 |
[09:40] | I went to his home | 我去了他家 |
[09:42] | and I realized that he had sent similar threats | 发现他也同样威胁了班德小姐和 |
[09:45] | to the parents of Ms. Bender and Ms. Pistone. | 皮斯通小姐的父母 |
[09:48] | So you’re here to turn over the evidence. | 所以你是来上交证据的 |
[09:55] | It’s possible… | 我来这 |
[09:57] | that I am here to report | 很有可能是要报告 |
[10:00] | a murder. | 一件凶杀案 |
[10:03] | Or perhaps I’m just here to… | 也有可能我只是来 |
[10:05] | seek the counsel of an investigator that I respect and admire. | 咨询一下我平日很敬重的探员 |
[10:15] | Hypothetically, | 假设说 |
[10:17] | the blackmailer was killed in his home tonight. | 勒索者今晚于家中被杀 |
[10:19] | Hypothetically… I saw it happen. | 再次假设…我目击了整个过程 |
[10:28] | Holmes… | 福尔摩斯… |
[10:30] | if you know anything about a murder, | 如果对一件谋杀案知情 |
[10:33] | you gotta report it. | 你得上报 |
[10:36] | There would be consequences. | 那就会产生一些后果 |
[10:38] | The hypothetical blackmailer had a hypothetical accomplice. | 那个假设的勒索者有个假设的同谋 |
[10:42] | That accomplice, upon learning of his partner’s death, | 那个同谋 在得知自己同伙死后 |
[10:44] | would release that video– and others– into the world. | 就会把所有录像公诸于世 |
[10:49] | That is, of course, | 当然 这只会是 |
[10:51] | if the accomplice learns of his partner’s death. | 在他得知自己的同伙死后 |
[10:56] | So you want to keep it a secret. | 所以你想秘而不宣 |
[10:58] | It would give a motivated investigator | 这样调查员就有足够时间 |
[11:00] | enough time to identify the accomplice, | 找出那个同伙了 |
[11:02] | prevent him from enacting any offending fail-safes. | 从而阻止他泄露出那些冒犯人的录像 |
[11:07] | Obviously you’d want to find the accomplice | 很显然你是想揪出那个同伙 |
[11:09] | more than the killer but… | 而不是凶手 但是… |
[11:11] | what if the killer is the accomplice? | 如果凶手就是那个同伙呢 |
[11:13] | Then all roads lead to Mecca. | 那不是更加皆大欢喜吗 |
[11:17] | Blackmailer is foiled and a killer is caught. | 阻止了勒索者 也抓到了凶手 |
[11:20] | All in one fell swoop. | 一下子全搞定了 |
[11:25] | You have daughters, do you not, Captain? | 你也有女儿 对吧 警监 |
[11:34] | So… | 怎么样 |
[11:36] | Captain Gregson sees the wisdom | 格雷森警监睿智地选择了 |
[11:37] | in keeping Milverton’s death a secret. For now. | 暂时不公布米尔弗顿之死 |
[11:40] | Well, I’ve been listening to the scanner since I got back | 我从回来就一直在听对讲机 |
[11:42] | and there are no reports of gunfire | 米尔弗顿的住所附近没有报告 |
[11:43] | or break-ins in Milverton’s neighborhood. | 发生枪击或非法闯入事件 |
[11:45] | Did you reach Alfredo? | 你联系阿弗雷多了吗 |
[11:47] | Yeah, he said he would stay there as long as we needed him to. | 联系了 他说如果需要他会一直待在那 |
[11:49] | He’d let us know if anyone came by. | 如果有人过去他就通知我们 |
[11:51] | What about the materials I took from the dead man’s desk? | 我在死者桌子上拿的材料里有什么发现 |
[11:54] | Well, they’re bills mostly. And some receipts. | 大部分都是账单 还有些收据 |
[11:56] | Um, I did find this. | 我还发现了这个 |
[11:57] | I think it’s some sort of ledger. | 好像是某种账簿 |
[12:04] | Records of payoffs from Milverton’s victims probably. | 可能是米尔弗顿受害人的付款记录 |
[12:09] | How are you doing? | 你没事吧 |
[12:12] | You saw someone get murdered tonight. | 你今晚看到有人被杀 |
[12:18] | You said you never got a clean look at the shooter. | 却说没有看清凶手 |
[12:20] | Large man, approximately six foot two, | 体型庞大 高约1米88 |
[12:22] | one hundred kilograms. | 100公斤 |
[12:23] | His features were obscured by a mask, | 脸部被面罩遮挡 |
[12:25] | his scent by the cat urine and kitty litter in Milverton’s home. | 身上沾有米尔弗顿屋里的猫尿和猫砂味 |
[12:28] | Even if I had reported the crime, | 即使我真的报案 |
[12:30] | I would not have had much to offer. | 也没什么有价值的口供 |
[12:32] | It’s hard not to imagine that the killer was one of the people | 不难想到凶手是米尔弗顿正在勒索的人 |
[12:35] | Milverton was blackmailing, but the captain raised | 但是警监认为 |
[12:37] | the possibility that it was his accomplice. | 有可能是米尔弗顿的同伙 |
[12:39] | Either way, our goal remains the same: | 不管怎样 我们的目的不变 |
[12:41] | Find the fail-safe before he can release any salacious material. | 在他的同伙放出性侵录像之前找到他 |
[12:46] | Well, if the killer was one of Milverton’s victims, | 如果凶手是米尔弗顿的受害人 |
[12:48] | why wouldn’t he be worried about the fail-safe kicking in? | 他为什么不担心那个同伙放出录像带 |
[12:51] | Well, it’s possible that he solved whatever problem | 可能是他已经清除了一切米尔弗顿 |
[12:53] | Milverton was taking advantage of. | 可以泄露的东西 |
[12:54] | The fail-safe would mean nothing to him. | 那个同伙已经对他毫无意义 |
[12:56] | Unfortunately, it still means a great deal | 不幸的是 对米尔弗顿的其他受害人 |
[12:59] | to Milverton’s other victims. | 仍旧意义重大 |
[13:00] | The parents of the three young women raped | 比如被布伦特·加维强奸的 |
[13:02] | by Brent Garvey, for example. | 三个女孩的父母 |
[13:05] | I’ve arranged to pay him a visit in the morning. | 我已安排明天与他见面 |
[13:07] | Garvey? | 加维 |
[13:09] | What if Garvey was the accomplice Milverton entrusted | 如果加维是米尔弗顿委托的 |
[13:11] | his fail-safe protocols with? | 留后手的人呢 |
[13:13] | He’s in prison– how could he…? | 他在监狱里 怎么能… |
[13:14] | All he would need to release those videos is access | 他放出这些录像只需要通过 |
[13:16] | to a smartphone or a computer. | 一部智能手机或者一台电脑 |
[13:18] | Neither, I’m sorry to say, is impossible to come by in lockup. | 很遗憾 在监狱里 这两样都有可能弄到 |
[13:21] | If he is not the accomplice, | 如果他不是那个同伙 |
[13:23] | perhaps he can tell us who is. | 或许他可以告诉我们谁是 |
[13:34] | Mr. Garvey. | 加维先生 |
[13:37] | I heard the victimizers of children had a rough time in prison. | 我听说欺负小孩的人在监狱里不好混 |
[13:40] | It’s really nice to see that it’s not just a rumor. | 很高兴知道这不仅仅是谣传 |
[13:43] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[13:44] | I’m Holmes, this is Watson. | 我是福尔摩斯 这位是华生 |
[13:47] | We consult for the New York Police Department. | 我们是纽约警察局的顾问 |
[13:49] | If this is about the guys who jumped me, | 如果是关于打我的那些人 |
[13:51] | I already gave their names to the guards. | 我已经把名字都告诉警卫了 |
[13:53] | We’re here to talk to you about Charles Milverton. | 我们想和你讨论下查尔斯·米尔弗顿 |
[13:56] | Before you say you’ve never heard of him, be advised | 在你说从来没听过他之前 告诉你 |
[13:58] | we come fresh from a conversation with your warden. | 我们刚刚与你的看守人谈过话 |
[14:01] | We know that he paid you a visit here several months ago. | 我们知道他几个月前来看过你 |
[14:05] | Yeah, he’s friends with my dad. | 是的 他是我父亲的朋友 |
[14:09] | He came to see how I was doing. | 他来看我过得怎么样 |
[14:11] | Is that why you gave him your collection of rape tapes? | 所以你就给了他那些性侵录像带吗 |
[14:14] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[14:16] | I’ve seen the tapes, Garvey. | 我看过那些录像 加维 |
[14:18] | I have one in my possession. | 我手里还有一份 |
[14:21] | I’m very seriously considering telling your friends | 我正在考虑在离开这儿之前 |
[14:23] | here about them before I leave today. | 跟你朋友们说说录像带的事儿 |
[14:27] | Maybe they won’t wait to find you in the yard next time. | 也许下次他们就等不及去院子里找你了 |
[14:29] | Maybe they’ll pay you a visit in your sickbed. | 他们会直接来病榻前探望你 |
[14:32] | We know you gave Milverton the tapes. | 我们知道你把录像带给了米尔弗顿 |
[14:34] | We just want to know if you have access | 我们只想知道你是否能拿到 |
[14:35] | to any of his other blackmail materials. | 他手里别的用来勒索的材料 |
[14:38] | – Other materials? – Milverton had an accomplice– | -别的材料 -米尔弗顿有个帮手 |
[14:40] | someone who would put forth his materials | 如果他被杀了或被关进监狱 |
[14:42] | in the event of his untimely death or incarceration. | 那个人会把他的素材公诸于世 |
[14:45] | The fail-safe, yeah. | 他的同伙 对 |
[14:47] | Yeah, I know. | 这我知道 |
[14:48] | He told me all about him when he came to see me. | 他来找我的时候把这些都告诉我了 |
[14:51] | He said if I went to the police | 他说如果我去报警 |
[14:53] | and I told them he was blackmailing me, | 告诉警察他勒索我 |
[14:55] | his partner would release the tapes. | 他的同伙就会把录像泄露出去 |
[14:57] | Blackmailing you? | 勒索你 |
[14:58] | I didn’t give him the tapes. | 我没有把录像带给他 |
[15:01] | I had them in a storage unit. | 我把它们放在一个存储间里 |
[15:03] | When I got arrested, I couldn’t keep up with the payments. | 被捕之后 我没法再去交租金 |
[15:06] | The contents went into auction. | 那些东西就被拍卖了 |
[15:08] | Milverton put in the highest bid. | 米尔弗顿出了最高价 |
[15:10] | Said he bought old units all the time. | 他说他一直在买旧存储间 |
[15:13] | Got a lot of dirt that way. | 这样搞到了很多秘密 |
[15:15] | Let me guess– you have a parole hearing coming up? | 你马上要进行保释听证会了 对不对 |
[15:18] | I’m sorry, but I can’t help you. | 抱歉 我帮不了你 |
[15:20] | I’m not in on it with these guys. | 我和那些人不是一伙的 |
[15:22] | I’m just another victim. | 我只是个受害者 |
[15:31] | So, what’s the verdict on Garvey? | 加维的话你怎么看 |
[15:33] | Well, as far as rapists go, | 作为一个强奸犯来说 |
[15:35] | it would appear he’s an honest one. | 他还算是个诚实的人 |
[15:40] | After Milverton’s initial visit to him in prison, | 米尔弗顿第一次去监狱看他之后 |
[15:43] | he sent… | 他发了 |
[15:45] | he sent a series of e-mails to his parents, | 一连串邮件给他的父母 |
[15:48] | begging for loans. | 向他们借钱 |
[15:49] | The dates of those e-mails correspond | 那些邮件的日期 |
[15:51] | to payments made in Milverton’s ledger. | 和米尔弗顿账本的进账日期吻合 |
[15:54] | So Milverton was blackmailing Garvey and Garvey was paying. | 所以加维遭到米尔弗顿勒索 并付了钱 |
[15:58] | But we’re still gonna tell the police | 但我们还是得在听证会之前 |
[15:59] | about the videos before his parole hearing, right? | 告诉警察那些录像带的事儿 对吧 |
[16:03] | We will discuss the matter with the three girls’ parents | 我们会在恰当的时间跟三个女孩的家长 |
[16:05] | at the appropriate time. | 讨论这件事 |
[16:06] | The decision should and will be theirs. | 这事应由他们决定 |
[16:08] | In the meantime, we will stay the course | 与此同时 我们会继续 |
[16:10] | and attempt to identify Milverton’s accessory. | 调查米尔弗顿同谋的身份 |
[16:13] | Before he find out that Milverton is dead. | 在他得知米尔弗顿已经死了之前 |
[16:15] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[16:16] | I found something in his ledger. | 我在他的账本里有所发现 |
[16:19] | He makes regular outgoing payments to someone | 他定期向一个代号为 |
[16:21] | with the code name “HENRY8” | “亨利八世”的人付钱 |
[16:23] | You think that’s the accomplice? | 你认为那是他的同伙 |
[16:25] | The payments are consistently ten percent | 给他的钱一直是米尔弗顿 |
[16:27] | of whatever Milverton has coming in. | 所有进账的十分之一 |
[16:29] | Seems like a reasonable rate | 看上去是给勒索犯同伙 |
[16:30] | for a blackmailer’s assistant. | 合理的分赃比例 |
[16:37] | It’s Alfredo– someone’s at Milverton’s door. | 是阿弗雷多 有人去了米尔弗顿家 |
[16:54] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[16:55] | Right after I texted you, he hopped into a cab. | 我刚给你发完短信 他就跳进了出租车 |
[16:58] | Tried to tail him but I lost him in traffic. | 我试着跟踪他但是跟丢了 |
[17:00] | Description? | 他长什么样 |
[17:01] | Tall, six feet, maybe, fat, | 高个儿 大概一米八多 很胖 |
[17:04] | gray hair, mustache. | 灰色头发 有小胡子 |
[17:06] | Suit and cowboy boots– it’s weird, I mean… | 穿西装和牛仔靴 我觉得 |
[17:08] | something about him. | 他有点儿奇怪 |
[17:10] | Something like what? | 什么地方奇怪 |
[17:11] | He seemed familiar, like I knew him or something. | 他看起来很眼熟 感觉我好像见过他 |
[17:13] | Any idea from where? | 能想起来是在哪儿吗 |
[17:14] | I don’t know. Maybe I saw him at a meeting or maybe… | 不知道 也许是在某次互助会上 |
[17:17] | maybe I stole his car back in the day. | 也许我以前偷过他的车 |
[17:18] | – You said he was wearing cowboy boots. – Yeah. | -你说他穿着牛仔靴 -对 |
[17:20] | What matters is that your eyes beheld him. | 重要的是你亲眼看到了他 |
[17:23] | Which means his image was transmitted | 也就是说他的图像已被传送到了 |
[17:25] | to your posterior parietal cortex. | 你的后顶叶皮质 |
[17:27] | So, once we regress you, | 所以只要我们帮你回顾一下 |
[17:30] | you’ll remember every detail, | 你就能回忆起所有细节 |
[17:32] | including where you know him from. | 包括你在哪儿见过他 |
[17:33] | – Re-what me? – Regress you. | -帮我回什么 -回顾 |
[17:35] | Normally, we would use a sensory deprivation chamber. | 通常我们会用感官剥夺室 |
[17:37] | But in the absence of that. | 但在没有那个的情况下 |
[17:40] | – You want me to get in there? – Yeah. | -你想要我待在这里面 -没错 |
[17:41] | – You grew up in New York? – Well, yeah. | -你在纽约长大吗 -是的 |
[17:43] | – You watch late-night TV? – Ah, of course. | -会看夜间电视节目吗 -当然 |
[17:46] | Is this the guy you saw? | 你看见的是不是这个男人 |
[17:47] | Involved in an automobile accident? | 您是否身陷交通事故的麻烦之中 |
[17:49] | Well, there’s a new sheriff in town. | 我是本地新来的律师 |
[17:51] | – Me– Duke Landers, Esquire. – That’s him. | -杜克·兰德斯绅士 -就是他 |
[17:53] | “Come on down and see Sheriff Duke.” | “杜克律师 随时恭候您的到访” |
[17:55] | If you’re looking for justice and money, | 花最少的钱 追求最大的公平正义 |
[17:57] | 律师杜克·兰德斯绅士 请致电 1-800-555-0199 | |
[17:57] | come on down and see Sheriff Duke. | 杜克律师 随时恭候您的到访 |
[18:00] | Charles Milverton. | 查尔斯·米尔弗顿 |
[18:03] | Sorry, name doesn’t ring a bell. | 抱歉 我对这名字没什么印象 |
[18:06] | That’s funny, Sheriff, | 那就有意思了 律师先生 |
[18:07] | because you were seen knocking on his door | 因为有人看见你今早去敲了 |
[18:09] | in Staten Island this morning. | 他在斯塔腾岛区房子的大门 |
[18:11] | Can you prove that? | 你们有证据吗 |
[18:12] | No. | 没有 |
[18:14] | Nor can we prove that Milverton was your client. | 我们也没有证据说明米尔弗顿是你的委托人 |
[18:16] | Or that he left certain materials with you, | 也没法证明他是否给你留了材料 |
[18:18] | and told you to disperse them should certain fates befall him. | 让你在他遭受不幸之后散布出去 |
[18:21] | Say this Milverton guy is a client. | 就算这位米尔弗顿是我的委托人 |
[18:24] | The law would proscribe me from discussing him | 根据法律规定 我也无权告知你们 |
[18:27] | with you in any way. | 他的情况 |
[18:30] | So, now, if you’ll excuse me. | 如果你们没事的话 恕不奉陪 |
[18:31] | “Duke Landers, Esquire.” | “杜克·兰德斯绅士” |
[18:33] | I take it the title refers to your law license as opposed | “绅士”的头衔应该是源于你的律师执照 |
[18:36] | to your birthright as the eldest son of a knight. | 而不是作为爵士的家族光环 |
[18:41] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[18:45] | Yeah. Thought so– this paper is 24-pound stock | 这张是24磅的纸 |
[18:47] | as opposed to the 80-pound favored by most institutions. | 而不是大多数学校会使用的80磅厚纸 |
[18:50] | Watson, I added several tomes on handwriting analysis | 华生 我前不久在你的阅读书单里 |
[18:53] | to your reading list the other week. | 加了几本介绍笔迹分析的书 |
[18:55] | If you’ve properly absorbed them, | 如果你融会贯通了的话 |
[18:57] | you’ll find the signatures of both | 应该会发现系主任和 |
[18:58] | the dean and the board president most interesting. | 校理事会会长的签名里大有文章 |
[19:02] | Ah, Florence Costello and Martin Faber. | 弗洛伦斯·科斯特洛和马丁·菲博 |
[19:04] | They have the same D’Nealian capital F’s. | 他们写大写F的笔法一致 |
[19:08] | That’s because they were written by one person | 那是因为根本就是一个人写的 |
[19:10] | attempting to mimic two different styles. | 他特意模仿了两种不同的笔迹 |
[19:13] | This certificate from the Unified Court System | 那张联邦法院系统的资质证书 |
[19:14] | looks a bit dodgy as well. | 看起来也有点问题 |
[19:15] | Perhaps I should give them a call, | 也许我应该给他们打个电话 |
[19:16] | see if you’re actually licensed. | 看看你是不是真有从业执照 |
[19:17] | I know him, okay? | 好吧 我认识他 |
[19:20] | I know Charles Milverton. | 我认识查尔斯·米尔弗顿 |
[19:22] | But he’s not my client. | 但他不是我的委托人 |
[19:24] | If anything, you could say that I was a client of his. | 正相反 可以说我是他的委托人 |
[19:27] | Explain. | 怎么说 |
[19:28] | A few years ago, I got him off a DWI charge. | 几年前 我帮他解决了一桩酒后驾车的官司 |
[19:32] | He said if any sensitive information came across my desk, | 他说如果我这有相关敏感信息的话 |
[19:35] | that he could use it to make some money for both of us. | 他可以利用这些资料为我们俩共同谋利 |
[19:40] | Just so we’re clear– | 我得说清楚 |
[19:41] | that’s all I did. | 我就干了这些 |
[19:44] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[19:45] | Hey, I’m not the one that was supposed to disperse materials | 我不是那个在查尔斯出事之后帮他 |
[19:49] | if something happened to Charles– that was someone else. | 散布材料的人 那是别人干的 |
[19:51] | You’re a liar who lies. | 你是个谎话连篇的骗子 |
[19:53] | Charles never told me his name, | 查尔斯从没告诉过我他的名字 |
[19:54] | but I know that he’s out there. | 不过我知道有这么个人 |
[19:55] | Charles used to call him his fail-safe. | 查尔斯把他当做同伙 |
[20:01] | We need everything you have on Milverton. | 你所知道关于米尔弗顿的一切 全告诉我们 |
[20:02] | And I do mean everything. | 请注意 是所有的一切 |
[20:05] | Lots of evidence | 大量证据 |
[20:06] | that Duke Landers is even scummier than we thought, | 表明杜克·兰德斯比我们想的还卑鄙 |
[20:10] | but nothing helpful on Milverton’s accomplice. | 但对我们找到米尔弗顿的同伙毫无帮助 |
[20:13] | How are you doing with the, um…? | 你处理得怎么样 那些… |
[20:16] | Are those sobriety chips? | 那些是戒毒徽章吗 |
[20:18] | I ordered a set online yesterday, | 我昨天在网上订了一套 |
[20:19] | had them shipped overnight. | 他们隔天就送到了 |
[20:20] | Wanted to see what all the fuss was about. | 我想看看那到底是个什么玩意 |
[20:22] | Colors are a bit garish, no? | 颜色太鲜艳了 是吧 |
[20:24] | More appropriate to a successful | 看来更适合颁给在拉斯维加斯 |
[20:26] | first year as a Vegas showgirl. | 成功登台演出一年的舞女 |
[20:30] | Have you been playing quarters with these? | 你在用这些玩弹币游戏吗 |
[20:32] | I didn’t drink anything, Watson, | 我没喝酒 华生 |
[20:34] | I just wanted to see them bounce. | 我只是想看看它们弹起来的样子 |
[20:38] | I don’t believe you. | 我才不信你 |
[20:39] | Smell my breath. | 闻闻我的口气 |
[20:40] | I’m not talking about the drinking. | 我不关心你喝酒的事 |
[20:41] | I’m talking about what you said yesterday | 我只关心你昨天所说的你的戒毒事业 |
[20:42] | – about me not weighing in on your sobriety. – What? | -和我再无关系的事 -什么 |
[20:45] | Listen, if you want to talk about your feelings | 如果你想谈谈 |
[20:47] | about your one-year chip, I’m here. | 对戒毒周年徽章的感受 可以和我说 |
[20:53] | You were asking if I’d found anything. | 你问我有没有发现什么 |
[20:55] | The answer is… | 答案是 |
[20:57] | maybe. | 可能有新发现 |
[20:59] | Two years ago, | 两年前 |
[21:00] | Charles Milverton referred a client to the Sheriff. | 查尔斯·米尔弗顿向律师推荐了一位委托人 |
[21:04] | His name was Abraham Zelner, | 那人名叫亚伯拉罕·泽尔内 |
[21:06] | a morbidly obese man who wanted to sue an airline | 一个病态肥胖的男人 想要起诉航空公司 |
[21:09] | for removing him from a flight. | 因为航空公司取消了他的行程 |
[21:10] | Zelner was the only client Milverton referred. | 泽尔内是米尔弗顿推荐的唯一一位委托人 |
[21:14] | Earlier we were theorizing that | 早些时候 我们认为 |
[21:16] | “HENRY8” was Milverton’s accomplice. | 亨利八世是米尔弗顿的同伙 |
[21:19] | Henry the Eighth, as I’m sure you’re aware, | 亨利八世 你一定了解 |
[21:21] | was the fattest monarch in British history. | 是英国历史上最胖的一位君主 |
[21:24] | So you think Zelner was his accomplice | 所以你认为泽尔内是他的同伙 |
[21:25] | and that Milverton gave him that code name | 米尔弗顿给他这个代号 |
[21:27] | because he was heavyset? | 因为他胖吗 |
[21:29] | Hmm, Orson Welles was heavyset. | 奥逊·威尔斯算胖 |
[21:31] | Abraham Zelner could pull small moons out of orbit. | 而亚伯拉罕·泽尔内都能力转乾坤了 |
[21:37] | Captain, what is the first thing that comes to mind | 警监 当我说亨利八世时 |
[21:38] | when I say “Henry the Eighth”? | 你首先想到的是什么 |
[21:40] | Herman’s Hermits? | 乐队赫尔曼的隐士们的歌 |
[21:41] | Listen. | 听着 |
[21:42] | Call came in a little while ago | 刚来了一个报案电话 |
[21:43] | from a night watchman at a construction site. | 是一个工地守夜人打来的 |
[21:46] | He saw some, uh, suspicious activity. | 他看到了可疑行为 |
[21:48] | The responding officers found a perp | 警察发现一名嫌犯 |
[21:50] | trying to dump a corpse into some wet cement | 正在将一具尸体扔进大楼地基 |
[21:53] | in the building’s foundation. | 的湿水泥中 |
[21:55] | Victim was shot three times in the chest– the perp claims | 死者胸部三处中枪 嫌犯声称 |
[21:59] | he did it ’cause he was being blackmailed. | 他杀人是因为被勒索 |
[22:01] | Some hypothetical bells obviously went off. | 看来有些假设成真了 |
[22:04] | Was the victim’s name, perchance, Milverton? | 死者不会姓米尔弗顿吧 |
[22:07] | First name Charles. | 名是查尔斯 |
[22:09] | The culprit didn’t, by any chance, | 嫌犯不会碰巧 |
[22:10] | confess to being his accomplice, did he? | 承认是他的同伙吧 |
[22:13] | No, his name is Anthony Pistone. | 不 嫌犯名叫安东尼·皮斯通 |
[22:16] | His daughter is Karen Pistone, Brent Garvey’s second victim. | 女儿是凯伦·皮斯通 布伦特·加维的第二位受害者 |
[22:19] | – Yes, he was being blackmailed, too. – Yeah, | -对 他也被勒索了 -是的 |
[22:21] | and his attorney’s already spinning his story to the media. | 他的律师已经将消息公布给媒体了 |
[22:25] | So I’m afraid the news that Charles Milverton is dead | 所以 查尔斯·米尔弗顿死亡的消息 |
[22:28] | is officially out. | 已经不是秘密了 |
[22:38] | I got the first blackmail note… | 第一次收到恐吓信 |
[22:42] | nine months ago. | 是九个月前 |
[22:45] | It came with a DVD. | 还有一张DVD |
[22:48] | Hearing about it when it first happened, | 第一次听到事情的感受 |
[22:52] | that was nothing compared to seeing it. | 和看到光碟的感受无法比拟 |
[22:55] | I swear, if I could have got my hands on Garvey… | 我发誓 如果我不能亲手抓到加维 |
[22:57] | Anthony, | 安东尼 |
[22:59] | let’s try to stay on topic. | 别跑题 |
[23:01] | I did what I had to do. | 我做了我该做的 |
[23:03] | I paid. | 我付了钱 |
[23:05] | It wasn’t easy. | 那并不容易 |
[23:07] | My brother and I have a contracting business. | 我和我弟弟做承包买卖 |
[23:10] | Work was slow. | 盈利很慢 |
[23:13] | But no way was I gonna let that tape get out. | 但我决不能让那个录像带公布于众 |
[23:16] | I thought that would be the end of it. | 我以为付钱之后就没事了 |
[23:19] | I was wrong. | 可我错了 |
[23:22] | A few weeks later I get an e-mail. | 几周后 我收到了一封邮件 |
[23:24] | Same threat, same demand. | 同样的威胁 一样的金额 |
[23:26] | How did you find Charles Milverton? | 你怎么找到查尔斯·米尔弗顿的 |
[23:29] | He e-mailed me again last week. | 他上周又给我发邮件 |
[23:32] | Asked for more money. | 要更多的钱 |
[23:34] | I wrote him back and said I had it, but it was in cash. | 我回信说我有钱 但只是现金 |
[23:38] | Said I’d borrowed it from a friend who runs numbers. | 告诉他是从朋友手里借的 |
[23:42] | Couldn’t deposit it in a bank without raising a red flag. | 如果通过银行转账会引起注意 |
[23:46] | I left an envelope under a park bench. | 我把钱装入信封 放在公园的长椅上 |
[23:49] | When he came to pick it up, I followed him home. | 他来取的时候 我跟踪了他 |
[23:52] | A few nights later I broke in through his back door, | 几晚后 我从后门闯入他家 |
[23:55] | shot him. | 开枪杀了他 |
[23:57] | Grabbed his body and his laptop and took off. | 将他的尸体和电脑拿走 |
[24:00] | – Where’s the laptop now? – Smashed. | -电脑现在在哪里 -被我摔碎了 |
[24:03] | I stomped on it and tossed it in some dumpster. | 我用脚跺碎了 扔到垃圾桶里 |
[24:06] | I understand there was some postmortem damage | 尸检报告显示死者死后 |
[24:09] | done to the victim’s face. | 脸部受过伤 |
[24:16] | When your guys came at me tonight, | 当警察今晚找到我时 |
[24:18] | when I, uh, I realized I couldn’t get away… | 我知道我逃不了了 |
[24:22] | I looked down at Milverton, | 我低头看着米尔弗顿 |
[24:26] | and it was like he was looking back at me. | 感觉他正看向我 |
[24:30] | Like he was laughing. | 像是在嘲笑我 |
[24:35] | I snapped. | 我失控了 |
[24:36] | Lifted my boot up and just… | 提起鞋打了他 |
[24:41] | He’s got enough face left for an open casket. | 剩下的半边脸也够他入棺了 |
[24:45] | It’s more than he deserves. | 这已经是善待他了 |
[24:52] | It’s the guy you saw the other night, right? | 他就是你那天晚上看见的家伙 对吧 |
[24:53] | The man I saw was wearing a mask, | 我看见的那人戴着个面罩 |
[24:55] | but the height and weight are correct. | 但是身高和体重都符合 |
[24:57] | And usually I feel so good | 通常情况下当我将 |
[24:58] | when we’ve got a killer dead to rights. | 凶手捉拿归案时我会很高兴的 |
[25:00] | The man is an idiot. | 这人是个白痴 |
[25:01] | He’s put all of Milverton’s victims– | 他将所有米尔弗顿的受害者 |
[25:02] | including his own daughter– at risk. | 包括他自己的女儿都置于险境 |
[25:04] | For all we know, internet is already flooded with their secrets. | 众所周知 他们的秘密现在已经遍布网络了 |
[25:07] | I’m not saying I agree with what he did. | 我并没说我支持他的做法 |
[25:09] | I’m saying I sympathize. | 我只是觉得同情他 |
[25:14] | The guy plays his cards right, | 这家伙很明白该怎么做 |
[25:15] | the D.A. won’t ask for more than manslaughter in the first; | 地检在初审时只会告他谋杀 |
[25:18] | – he’ll be out in three and a half years. – Yeah. | -三年半后他就能出狱了 -嗯 |
[25:27] | Holmes. I went to that address you gave me. | 福尔摩斯 我去了你给我的地址 |
[25:29] | The one for the guy you thought | 就是那个死去的勒索人 |
[25:30] | was working with the dead blackmailer, | 的同伙的地址 |
[25:32] | Abraham Zelner. | 亚伯拉罕·泽尔内 |
[25:33] | Tell me you have him in custody. | 告诉我你已经把他拘留了 |
[25:34] | The address wasn’t a residence, | 那地址不是住址 |
[25:36] | it was a butcher shop in Chinatown. | 而是唐人街的一家肉店 |
[25:38] | It gets worse. | 还有更糟的 |
[25:39] | Can’t find any record of the guy | 我在国家犯罪信息中心和车管所 |
[25:40] | in the NCIC or the DMV database. | 都找不到这个人的任何记录 |
[25:43] | – None. – Sorry. I know you thought it was a lead, | -完全没有 -抱歉 我知道你觉得这是线索 |
[25:45] | but as far as I can tell, the name’s a fake. | 但是就目前看来 这是个假名 |
[25:52] | The brownstone is on fire, my bees have escaped | 褐石屋着火了 我的蜜蜂都飞掉了 |
[25:54] | and there is a giant comet headed for Manhattan. | 还有一颗巨大的彗星正朝曼哈顿飞来 |
[25:56] | – Excuse me? – The way the evening is going | -你说什么 -以今晚的走势来看 |
[25:58] | I thought you could only be calling with more good news. | 我觉得你要说的肯定是好消息了 |
[26:00] | I don’t know what kind of news this is, | 我不知道这消息是好是坏 |
[26:02] | but Alfredo was here and he thought we should know | 不过阿弗雷多刚来过 他说 |
[26:04] | that his sponsor just got a new blackmail demand | 他的担保人刚刚从查尔斯·米尔弗顿那里 |
[26:06] | from Charles Milverton. | 收到了新的勒索条件 |
[26:10] | What do you think it means? | 你觉得这是什么意思 |
[26:13] | Henry Eight. | 亨利八世 |
[26:15] | You think his accomplice sent it? | 你认为是他的帮凶发的 |
[26:17] | As Milverton’s fail-safe, he would be privy | 作为米尔弗顿的同伙 他会亲自 |
[26:19] | to all aspects of the operation. | 督导这次犯罪的各个方面 |
[26:21] | He possesses the same prurient material that Milverton did. | 他有跟米尔弗顿相同的色情素材 |
[26:24] | But instead of exposing it, as he was supposed to… | 但是他没有像他应该的那样曝光材料 |
[26:27] | He’s using it to take over the business. | 而是利用这些材料接管了这桩生意 |
[26:30] | Milverton’s murder has been all over | 米尔弗顿的遇害消息在新闻上 |
[26:31] | the news for hours now. | 早已铺天盖地好几个小时了 |
[26:32] | Henry Eight knows and doesn’t care. | 亨利八世知道此事 但他不在乎 |
[26:37] | Hmm. I can’t recall the last time I was so thankful | 我都不记得我上一次我如此感激 |
[26:40] | for the essential avarice of the human condition. | 人类贪婪本性是什么时候的事了 |
[26:43] | You’re happy about this? | 你对此感到高兴吗 |
[26:44] | Milverton’s plan has backfired. | 米尔弗顿的计划事与愿违 |
[26:46] | His fail-safe has shirked the duties for which he was hired. | 他的同伙没有做他被雇来应做的事 |
[26:49] | Which means, that for the moment, the secrets | 这就意味着 至少现在来说 |
[26:52] | of Milverton’s blackmail targets are safe. | 米尔弗顿的勒索对象的秘密还没被泄露 |
[26:54] | Abraham Zelner, as it turns out, was a pseudonym, | 亚伯拉罕·泽尔内原来是个假名 |
[26:57] | but I still think that the fat man | 但是我依然认为杜克·兰德斯 |
[26:58] | represented by Duke Landers is Milverton’s accomplice. | 所代表的那个胖家伙就是米尔弗顿的共犯 |
[27:03] | You’re gonna open up Lander’s files again. | 你要重新翻看兰德斯的文件 |
[27:05] | Only lead we have at the moment, so, yes. | 这是目前我们唯一的线索 所以是的 |
[27:08] | But not before tea. It’s gonna be a long night. | 不过先喝杯茶 这会是个漫长的夜晚 |
[27:11] | Thank you, Alfredo. You’ve been most helpful. | 谢谢你 阿弗雷多 你帮了大忙 |
[27:19] | Want to, uh, check in with you about tomorrow before I go. | 我想在走之前跟你确认一下明天的行程 |
[27:25] | We’re going to a meeting. | 我们要去互助会 |
[27:26] | You’re getting your chip. | 你会得到你的徽章 |
[27:28] | Yeah. | 对了 |
[27:30] | About that. Um… | 关于那件事 |
[27:33] | tomorrow’s not really good for me. | 明天恐怕不方便啊 |
[27:34] | Well, you’re working, I get it. But… | 你要工作 这我理解 |
[27:37] | your day is your day, man. | 但我们说好了要去的 伙计 |
[27:38] | I promise, it’ll only take a few minutes. | 我保证就占用你几分钟时间 |
[27:41] | Look, Alfredo… | 听着 阿弗雷多 |
[27:43] | it’s not the case, it’s the chip. | 跟案件无关 是那个徽章 |
[27:46] | I can’t accept it. | 我不能接受 |
[27:48] | I know that to most addicts | 我知道对于大部分瘾君子来说 |
[27:49] | it’s a treasured token. | 徽章是个珍贵的象征物 |
[27:51] | It’s a very tangible representation of the their | 这是他们的努力与决心的 |
[27:53] | hard work and determination, but… | 有形的象征 |
[27:55] | I’m not most addicts. | 但我跟那些人不同 |
[27:58] | To me it does not commemorate a period of success, | 对我来说 它不是一段成功时期的纪念物 |
[28:00] | but rather, the end of a period of great failure. | 而是一段失败的人生的结束 |
[28:03] | I failed when I abused drugs and | 滥用毒品是我的失败 |
[28:06] | I would really rather not be reminded of that fact. | 我不愿意 再回想起这个事实 |
[28:12] | I’m sorry if that’s how you see it. | 很抱歉你是这么想的 |
[28:23] | You know what I wish you got? | 你知道我希望你明白什么吗 |
[28:26] | Milestones like this one… | 像现在这样的转折点 |
[28:28] | they’re yours, but they’re not about you. | 是你取得的 但不是为了你 |
[28:31] | They’re about all the people who haven’t got there yet. | 是为了那些还没有做到的人 |
[28:35] | They see you do it, and they think why can’t I? | 他们看你做到了 就会想为什么我不能 |
[28:39] | You know, I know it’s hard, | 我知道这很艰难 |
[28:41] | but one of these days, you got to get over yourself. | 但是总有一天 你要看开这些 |
[28:53] | I believe I’ve uncovered the real identity of Henry Eight. | 我相信我已经知道亨利八世的真实身份了 |
[28:56] | It all starts with the corpulent Abraham Zelner. | 这一切都源自胖胖的亚伯拉罕·泽尔内 |
[28:59] | It was an assumed identity used for | 这个化名曾经用来 |
[29:02] | the expressed purpose of an obesity discrimination lawsuit. | 提起过一起肥胖歧视诉讼 |
[29:06] | When the airline that Zelner sued | 当被泽尔内起诉的航空公司 |
[29:09] | made its first lowball offer of settlement, he accepted. | 第一次提出低价和解协议时 他接受了 |
[29:12] | Probably because he knew that his false identity | 可能因为他知道他的虚假身份 |
[29:14] | would not stand up to scrutiny. | 经不起仔细的推敲 |
[29:16] | This started me thinking. | 这让我想到 |
[29:18] | What if he’d done it before? | 他之前会不会也这么做过 |
[29:20] | So, you think he sued other airlines? | 所以你觉得他起诉过别的航空公司 |
[29:22] | Airlines, theaters, restaurants. | 航空公司 剧院 餐馆 |
[29:24] | To the professional fat man, these businesses | 对一个专业的胖子来说 这些就是 |
[29:27] | are a veritable deep-fried buffet of nuisance lawsuits. | 名符其实的要挟诉讼自助餐 |
[29:31] | Each one, | 每一个 |
[29:32] | with a lucrative stream of income. | 都带来了丰厚的收入来源 |
[29:35] | I dove into the records of similar lawsuits filed | 我暗中调查了在东海岸提出的 |
[29:37] | on the East Coast and focused only on those | 类似诉讼的记录 而且只专注于那些 |
[29:39] | that resulted in quick “Go away” payoffs. | 以尽快私了告终的诉讼 |
[29:43] | Do you notice anything unusual about the names | 你注意到这些原告的名字 |
[29:45] | of these plaintiffs? | 有任何异常的地方吗 |
[29:47] | Abraham Zelner, Brad Yates, | 亚伯拉罕·泽尔内 布拉德·耶茨 |
[29:48] | Cory Xavier, Declan Winchell… | 科里·泽维尔 迪克兰·温切尔 |
[29:51] | The initials, | 是首字母 |
[29:52] | A.Z, B.Y., C.X., | A和Z B和Y C和X |
[29:55] | D.W. They represent a pattern. | D和W 这是种规律 |
[29:59] | First name starts with an “A” and moves forward, | 名字以A开头 然后按字母表顺序往后 |
[30:00] | the last names starts with “Z” and moves backward. | 姓以Z开头 然后反向往前 |
[30:03] | I believe they were all assumed by one man; | 我认为他们都是同一个人的化名 |
[30:06] | the same man that Charles Milverton | 即查尔斯·米尔弗顿在他的账簿里 |
[30:08] | refers to in his ledger as Henry Eight. | 称作亨利八世的那个人 |
[30:10] | That’s great, but it still doesn’t tell us the real name. | 太棒了 但这还是没告诉我们他的真名 |
[30:12] | Nope. But it did help me find photographs | 确实没有 但是这帮助我发现了 |
[30:15] | of the plaintiffs in two of the nuisance suits. | 这两起要挟诉讼中原告的照片 |
[30:18] | One appeared in a Queen’s newspaper | 一张出现在皇后区报纸上 |
[30:20] | regarding the complaint of an Ethan Varner | 是关于一个叫伊森·瓦纳的人 |
[30:22] | against a tanning salon whose beds could not accommodate | 抱怨一家日光浴会所的床无法容纳 |
[30:25] | his prodigious girth. | 他过人的腰身 |
[30:27] | Four years ago, the rotund Stuart Bloom | 四年前 又矮又胖的斯图尔特·布鲁姆 |
[30:31] | sued a cineplex in Dover, Delaware | 起诉特拉华州多佛的一家电影院 |
[30:32] | for excessively small seats. He received a $50,000 payoff. | 座位过小 他得到了五万美元的赔偿 |
[30:36] | It’s the same man. | 这是同一个人 |
[30:38] | Stuart Bloom does not match the pattern. | 斯图尔特·布鲁姆这个名字不符合规律 |
[30:40] | Does not. Because I believe it was his first lawsuit. | 确实不 因为我认为这是他的第一起诉讼 |
[30:44] | You think that’s his real name? | 你认为这是他的真名 |
[30:47] | Abraham Zelner may not have a DMV record, | 亚伯拉罕·泽尔内可能没有车管局记录 |
[30:51] | but Stuart Bloom most certainly does. | 但是斯图尔特·布鲁姆显然就有了 |
[30:54] | He lives in Staten Island. | 他住在斯塔腾岛区 |
[31:09] | Mr. Bloom. | 布鲁姆先生 |
[31:12] | It’s so dark in here. | 这儿太黑了 |
[31:27] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[31:32] | It’s cat litter. | 这是猫砂 |
[31:43] | I don’t think this was put down for cats. | 我觉得这不是为猫撒的 |
[31:46] | I think it was put down to absorb odors. | 我觉得这是为了吸收气味撒的 |
[31:50] | Very strong odors. | 非常重的气味 |
[32:10] | Captain Gregson, meet Stuart Bloom, | 格雷森警监 来见见斯图尔特·布鲁姆 |
[32:12] | aka Henry Eight, | 也就是亨利八世 |
[32:13] | aka Charles Milverton’s accomplice. | 也就是查尔斯·米尔弗顿的同谋 |
[32:21] | Looks like | 看起来 |
[32:22] | he’s been here about a week. | 他已经在这儿躺了大概一周了 |
[32:25] | Note the bruise pattern on his chest. | 注意他胸部的瘀青 |
[32:31] | Is that a boot print? | 那是个鞋印吗 |
[32:33] | Obviously the killer caught him unaware | 很显然凶手出其不意地抓住了他 |
[32:35] | as he drove his head beneath the water. | 然后把他的头强行按入水下 |
[32:38] | The body was too immense | 尸体太大没法移动 |
[32:39] | to remove, so rather than dismember him, | 与其将他肢解 |
[32:42] | Milverton left behind a decade’s worth of cat litter | 米尔弗顿留下了足够用十年的猫砂 |
[32:45] | to cover the stench of his decomposition. | 来掩盖尸体腐烂的恶臭 |
[32:49] | Wait a minute, you think Milverton did this? | 等一下 你认为是米尔弗顿干的 |
[32:52] | Why not Anthony Pistone? | 为什么不是安东尼·皮斯通 |
[32:53] | He killed Milverton. | 他杀了米尔弗顿 |
[32:55] | He would’ve had motive to kill Bloom, too, no? | 他也有杀死布鲁姆的动机 不是吗 |
[32:59] | The bruise on Bloom’s chest | 布鲁姆胸部的淤青 |
[33:00] | suggests a shoe size between a six and an eight. | 说明凶手的鞋码在六到八号之间 |
[33:03] | Milverton was a seven. | 米尔弗顿穿七号的鞋 |
[33:06] | Mr. Pistone a 12. | 皮斯通先生穿十二号 |
[33:08] | Also the cat litter spread about all over the place. | 还有这地方撒满了猫砂 |
[33:11] | It’s the same one that Milverton has in his home. | 和米尔弗顿家里用的猫砂一样 |
[33:13] | I recognize the scent quite vividly. | 那种气味 我辨别得出 |
[33:14] | We think if you run the credit cards, | 如果你查下信用卡记录 |
[33:16] | you’ll find that he purchased | 就会发现他几周之前 |
[33:18] | an unusually large amount of the stuff a couple weeks ago. | 买了远超出正常量的猫砂 |
[33:20] | Any idea why Milverton would kill his partner in crime? | 知道为什么米尔弗顿要杀害自己的搭档吗 |
[33:24] | Bloom wanted a raise? | 布鲁姆想加薪 |
[33:25] | I think the more pressing question, in my humble opinion, | 恕我直言 我认为更紧要的问题 |
[33:27] | if Mr. Bloom hasn’t taken over | 应该是 如果不是布鲁姆先生 |
[33:29] | the blackmailing business, then who has? | 接管了勒索业务的话 那会是谁 |
[33:38] | Well, this is a surprise. | 这可真让人意外 |
[33:39] | I would’ve thought you would’ve covered | 我以为这面墙 |
[33:40] | this wall with evidence by now. | 会被你贴满证据呢 |
[33:42] | I did. I took it down. | 我贴了 又拿下来了 |
[33:44] | Put it back up again. Took it down again. | 再贴上去 再拿下来 |
[33:47] | Not helpful, I take it. | 对你没帮助 我明白了 |
[33:50] | I’ve been through it all. So have you. | 我已经深入考虑过 你也是 |
[33:52] | I need new data to move forward. | 我需要新的资料以继续调查 |
[33:56] | I will take another look at it | 我睡觉之前 |
[33:58] | before I go to bed. | 会再考虑一遍 |
[34:01] | You were right about the sobriety chips that I ordered. | 关于我被授予戒毒徽章的事你说得没错 |
[34:08] | I was trying to get a rise. I was… | 我是想引起你的注意 |
[34:11] | trying to spark a conversation. | 想跟你谈些事情 |
[34:24] | I told Alfredo that I, I could not accept | 我告诉阿弗雷多我不想接受 |
[34:27] | my one-year chip | 一周年徽章 |
[34:29] | ’cause it would conjure memories | 是因为它会唤醒我人生中 |
[34:32] | of a period of failure in my life. | 那段失败时期的记忆 |
[34:36] | That’s not true. | 我撒了谎 |
[34:40] | I cannot accept my one-year chip | 我无法在一周年纪念日时 |
[34:41] | on my one-year anniversary because… | 接受我的一周年徽章是因为 |
[34:45] | it’s not my anniversary. | 那不是我的一周年纪念日 |
[34:49] | Are you saying you relapsed? | 你是说你复用过毒品吗 |
[34:54] | It was a while ago. It was before I met you. | 很久以前的事了 在遇到你之前 |
[34:58] | The day after I agreed to enter into rehab, | 实际上 就在我同意入住 |
[35:00] | as a matter of fact. | 康戒中心的的第二天 |
[35:02] | I had realized that my father was right. | 我当时明白我父亲是对的 |
[35:06] | I needed to repair myself. | 我得戒掉毒瘾 |
[35:10] | So I disposed of my drugs and destroyed my paraphernalia. | 所以我处理掉毒品 毁掉了吸毒工具 |
[35:16] | The next day I entered Hemdale. | 第二天就住进了汉德尔 |
[35:21] | The day after that… | 但之后的一天 |
[35:23] | I got sick. | 我生病了 |
[35:24] | And, uh, yeah, very sick. | 很严重 |
[35:30] | So I devised a way to leave without being detected. | 我想出了偷溜出去的方法 |
[35:34] | I got what I needed… | 满足了我的需要后 |
[35:37] | returned. | 再溜回来 |
[35:42] | And that was the last time I took drugs. | 那才是我吸毒的最后一天 |
[35:47] | Not the day before. | 而不是之前一天 |
[35:53] | Sherlock, I understand why you’re upset, | 夏洛克 我明白你为什么沮丧 |
[35:57] | but we’re talking about the difference of one day. | 但这只不过相差一天 |
[36:00] | It does not change what you did in the 364 that followed. | 这并未改变在之后364天里你的努力 |
[36:10] | I decided to stop using drugs, yes? | 我已决定了不再吸毒 |
[36:13] | I decided, me. | 我决定了 我自己 |
[36:18] | And then 24 hours later… | 结果24小时之后 |
[36:26] | It sounds like a mere detail… | 听起来这只是纯粹的细节 |
[36:30] | but I’m a man of details. | 但我要求每个细节都完美 |
[36:32] | And-and it, it matters to me. | 这对我很重要 |
[36:39] | Now, I know that I need to tell Alfredo, | 我知道我得跟阿弗雷多谈谈 |
[36:42] | but it’s, uh, proving difficult. | 但很难开口 |
[36:47] | And it just didn’t seem right to tell him before you. | 而且感觉不应该在你之前先告诉他 |
[37:09] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[37:10] | Charles Milverton’s autopsy report, | 查尔斯·米尔弗顿的尸检报告 |
[37:12] | which I would happily consider new data | 如果他被枪杀时 |
[37:13] | were it not for the fact | 我不在场的话 |
[37:14] | that I was there when he was gunned down. | 也许就会认为这是新资料了 |
[37:23] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:24] | Uh, when you said that | 你之前提到 |
[37:25] | Anthony Pistone stomped on Milverton’s face, | 安东尼·皮斯通踩伤了米尔弗顿的脸 |
[37:27] | I assumed it was all over, | 我以为他整张脸都受伤了 |
[37:29] | but according to this, there’s just damage to one side. | 但看这些图片 伤只集中在一侧 |
[37:36] | They’re gone. | 不见了 |
[37:37] | What are? | 什么不见了 |
[37:38] | His scars. There was patches of them here. | 他的伤疤 原来这里有好几处 |
[37:41] | Very distinctive. | 非常独特 |
[37:44] | Almost as though Pistone has targeted them. | 就好像皮斯通是冲着它们去的 |
[37:52] | Mr. Pistone, such a pleasure to see you again. | 皮斯通先生 很高兴再次见到你 |
[37:55] | I was so glad to hear that you made bail this morning. | 听说你要今早要保释出狱 很为你开心 |
[37:58] | Thanks. My attorney said you had | 谢谢 我的律师说 |
[38:01] | some more questions for me before I go home. | 在我回家之前你想问我几个问题 |
[38:03] | Yeah. Remind us, | 我们想再问你一次 |
[38:04] | when did you first identify Charles Milverton | 你是什么时候知道查尔斯·米尔弗顿 |
[38:07] | as your blackmailer? | 就是勒索你的人 |
[38:10] | A few nights ago, like I told you. | 就前几天的事 我说过了 |
[38:13] | We now have reason to believe | 我们现在有理由相信 |
[38:14] | that you actually crossed paths before that. | 在那之前 你就和他认识了 |
[38:17] | Charles Milverton was savagely beaten four months ago. | 查尔斯·米尔弗顿四个月前曾受殴打 |
[38:20] | He had to go to an ER. | 伤情严重进了急症室 |
[38:22] | He said he was mugged, which is why | 他声称被抢 |
[38:24] | the responding detectives took photographs, | 所以办案的警探拍了照片留下来 |
[38:25] | but we think he lied. | 但我们觉得他在说谎 |
[38:27] | He gave varying descriptions of his mugger to the police. | 在描述劫犯特征时 他说法前后不一 |
[38:31] | The doctor who treated him chalked that up to concussion, | 虽然医生说是脑震荡的缘故 |
[38:34] | but we think it was more than that. | 但我们认为事实远非如此 |
[38:35] | We think that he couldn’t tell the real story. | 他无法说出实情 |
[38:38] | Which was that you found him and beat him until he surprised you | 其实你早就找上门报仇 毒打了他 |
[38:40] | with an offer that you could not refuse: | 但他的提议让你停住了拳头 |
[38:43] | a piece of his blackmailing business. | 就是让你在他的勒索生意中分一杯羹 |
[38:46] | See these gashes, left temple? | 看见他左太阳穴上的伤痕了没 |
[38:50] | Now these wounds bear a striking resemblance | 这跟你戒指上的图案 |
[38:52] | to the emblem on your ring. | 非常相似 |
[38:56] | Milverton was left with these scars. | 你知道米尔弗顿脸上的疤痕 |
[38:59] | You knew this. | 会对你不利 |
[39:00] | So when the police closed in on you two nights ago, | 所以前晚警察围住你的时候 |
[39:03] | you trampled his face in a effort to obscure them. | 你才会踩踏他的脸来消灭证据 |
[39:06] | You want to guess how many of these are out there? | 这种戒指大街上到处都是 |
[39:09] | Mm. It’s interesting that you failed to mention | 还有件有趣的事 |
[39:11] | the other night that Karen is not your daughter, | 你那晚并没有提到 |
[39:14] | but your stepdaughter. | 凯伦不是你亲生的 |
[39:15] | According to your neighbors, you two fight a lot. | 根据你邻居的口供 你们经常吵架 |
[39:19] | You found Milverton months ago. | 你几个月前就找到了米尔弗顿 |
[39:22] | You intended to punish him, but he offered you | 想要狠狠地惩罚他 但是 |
[39:25] | a piece of his operation in exchange for his life. | 他为求保命提出跟你合伙 |
[39:28] | You needed the money. | 而你正好需要钱 |
[39:30] | You took him up on his offer. | 于是答应了他的提议 |
[39:31] | Charles now had two partners: | 查尔斯这下有了两个同伙 |
[39:33] | his fail-safe Stuart Bloom and you. | 斯图尔特·布鲁姆和你 |
[39:36] | Someone had to go. | 但他只需要一个后援 |
[39:38] | Milverton murdered Bloom. Maybe you put him up to it, | 也许是受你逼迫 也许是他自己的主意 |
[39:41] | maybe he did it of his own volition. | 总之他杀了布鲁姆 |
[39:43] | Either way, I suspect a fifty-fifty split wasn’t enough for you. | 我猜五五分并没能满足你 |
[39:48] | These are theories, Captain. You’re gonna need proof. | 警监 光猜不行 你们得有证据 |
[39:51] | I agree. Which is why we conducted a thorough search | 我同意 所以今早我们对你的委托人 |
[39:55] | of your client’s business and home this morning. | 的办公室及住所进行了彻底搜查 |
[39:59] | We found this laptop | 我们在他的办公室 |
[40:02] | at his office. | 找到了这台笔记本 |
[40:04] | It’s Milverton’s. | 是米尔弗顿的 |
[40:05] | You told me you smashed it. Threw it in a Dumpster. | 但你说你把它砸烂扔进垃圾箱了 |
[40:09] | Funny thing is we didn’t find it in your desk, | 怪的是 笔记本不是在你的桌里 |
[40:10] | but in your brother’s. | 而是在你兄弟的桌里找到的 |
[40:13] | He’s already confessed to being your partner, | 他已经承认他像斯图尔特·布鲁姆帮 |
[40:16] | the Stuart Bloom to your Charles Milverton. | 查尔斯·米尔弗顿那样 做了你的同伙 |
[40:19] | He was the one who sent Ken Whitman | 你被抓的那天 |
[40:21] | the new demand for money when | 肯·惠特曼收到的勒索信 |
[40:22] | you were in police custody the other day. | 其实是他送的 |
[40:24] | So it looks like you’ll be spending | 看样子 |
[40:25] | a few more decades in prison than you thought. | 你得回牢里去再蹲上几十年了 |
[40:37] | Change your mind? | 改主意了 |
[40:40] | I have not. | 没有 |
[40:41] | What are you doing here? | 那你来干什么 |
[40:45] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:48] | There’s something I’d like to discuss with you. | 我有点事要跟你商量 |
[40:56] | Hey. I didn’t hear you come in. | 你什么时候回来的 |
[40:59] | You know me, stealthy as a shadow. | 你知道的 我一向来无影去无踪 |
[41:03] | How’d it go with Alfredo? | 跟阿弗雷多谈得怎么样 |
[41:06] | Liberating. | 被治愈了 |
[41:07] | As you predicted. | 你说得对 |
[41:10] | I’m lucky to have him. | 有他在是我的福气 |
[41:16] | Look at the time. | 时间到了 |
[41:17] | Happy real anniversary. | 周年快乐 |
[41:23] | Regardless of the actual start date of my sobriety, | 不管这什么纪念日是不是准确 |
[41:26] | I still have no interest in public celebrations, | 我对公共庆典 励志演讲 |
[41:28] | speeches, encouragements or the bestowing of chips. | 或是什么戒毒勋章授予仪式都不感兴趣 |
[41:32] | I know. | 了解 |
[41:38] | Found it at a secondhand store. | 在二手店买的 |
[41:41] | It’s dark. It’s not just for anyone, but | 暗黑系 不是谁都适合的 |
[41:44] | I thought it was very you. | 但我觉得很像你 |
[41:48] | I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you. | 我只想让你知道 我在想着你 |
[42:37] | 夜林迷人幽静深 我却早已许诺言 路途遥远不能眠 路途遥远不能眠 –罗伯特·弗罗斯特 |