时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:23] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[00:38] | Roses, a dozen. | 一束玫瑰花 十二朵 |
[00:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:43] | He said he was heading to his girlfriend’s house | 他说他正要去女朋友家 |
[00:45] | and she cancelled on him. | 可是女朋友临时取消约会了 |
[00:46] | No, didn’t even tell me his name. | 没 他连名字都没告诉我 |
[00:48] | Just said he didn’t want them to go to waste. | 只说不想浪费了这束花 |
[00:51] | It was nice. | 还挺不错的 |
[00:52] | It’s been a lousy week. | 这周过得真糟糕 |
[00:55] | Maybe things are finally turning around. | 也许总算开始时来运转了 |
[01:01] | Tragic news out of Manhattan this evening, | 曼哈顿今晚发生一起悲剧 |
[01:03] | where a young woman was pushed in front of a subway train. | 一名女子在地铁即将到站时被推下月台 |
[01:06] | Seriously, you guys have, like, | 说真的 你们俩的宝宝 |
[01:07] | the cutest kids in New York. | 绝对是全纽约最可爱的 |
[01:09] | It’s true. | 说的没错 |
[01:12] | Who knew these guys back in college | 念大学的时候谁会想到 |
[01:13] | would be such a baby factory? | 你俩会这么一个接一个地生 |
[01:14] | Me, I did. | 我 我想到了 |
[01:15] | Right after I caught them having sex in my bed. | 就在我发现他们在我床上滚床单之后 |
[01:17] | One time, freshman year. | 就一次 大一那年 |
[01:19] | You must move on. | 你还是忘了吧 |
[01:20] | Yeah, and let’s be honest, | 实话实说吧 |
[01:21] | that is the most action that bed saw all year. | 那床一年到头见过最多的”动作”就是这个了 |
[01:26] | Are you going to be able to make it | 周六萨米的生日派对 |
[01:27] | to Sammy’s birthday party on Saturday? | 你有空来吗 |
[01:28] | 2:00, yes. | 两点钟 当然来 |
[01:29] | I am wrapping up with my client on Friday | 周五我和客户做收尾工作 |
[01:31] | and I may be able to help and come set up. | 也许我还能过来帮忙布置 |
[01:33] | How is that going, by the way? | 说起来 干得怎么样 |
[01:35] | The companionship thing. | 当康戒陪护这回事 |
[01:36] | If by “thing” you mean career, | 如果你的”这回事”指的是我的职业 |
[01:39] | it is going really well. | 我觉得干得还不错 |
[01:41] | I-I-I don’t know, I’ve worked with some amazing people. | 我不知道 我的客户都是些很有意思的人 |
[01:44] | I think it’s incredible, what you’re doing. | 我觉得你的工作太不可思议了 |
[01:46] | I mean, you walk away from being a doctor, | 你放弃了做医生 |
[01:48] | find a new way to help people? | 找到一种帮助别人的全新方式 |
[01:50] | Same old Jo. | 还是那个老样子的乔 |
[01:52] | Sweet. | 真贴心 |
[01:53] | To Joan. To Joan. | 敬乔恩 敬乔恩 |
[01:54] | And the baby. | 还有未出世的宝宝 |
[01:55] | And the baby! | 还有宝宝 |
[02:01] | Oh, sorry, guys, this is, um, one of the rehab facilities | 抱歉 是把我介绍给其他客户的 |
[02:04] | that, um, refers me to other clients. | 康戒中心打来的 |
[02:06] | I should take it. | 我得接一下 |
[02:07] | I’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[02:09] | This is Joan Watson. | 我是乔恩·华生 |
[02:11] | Joan, this is Dr. Caruso at Hemdale. | 乔恩 我是汉德尔康戒中心的卡鲁索医生 |
[02:14] | I sent you a case file a little while ago. | 我给你发了一份客户资料 |
[02:16] | I was wondering if you had a chance to look at it? | 你看过了吗 |
[02:18] | I’m just opening it right now. | 我正在打开 |
[02:19] | 来自 卡鲁索医生 新客户资料 | |
[02:20] | The patient in question | 这位病人 |
[02:21] | completes his stay with us on Monday. | 周一完成了在我们这的疗程 |
[02:23] | His father expressed some concerns about life post-rehab, | 但他的父亲担心他离开康戒中心后的生活 |
[02:26] | 汉德尔康戒中心 出院病人资料 | |
[02:28] | so, I recommended a companion. | 我就向他推荐了康戒陪护 |
[02:30] | He looked at some resumes and chose you. | 他看了几份简历 选中了你 |
[02:32] | So, can I tell him the interest is mutual? | 我能告诉他你有兴趣接受工作吗 |
[02:34] | Sure, I just have one question. | 当然 我只有一个问题 |
[02:37] | Uh, what kind of name is Sherlock? | 夏洛克算是个什么名字 |
[03:14] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[03:16] | Ah, just shut it off. | 快把它关掉 |
[03:19] | Can’t let the noise get to you. | 不能让报警声影响你 |
[03:21] | – You know this. – I know. | -你应该知道的 -我知道 |
[03:23] | But you did better with the lock this time. | 但你这次开锁表现得不错 |
[03:25] | It took you six seconds. | 只花了六秒钟 |
[03:28] | How weird is this? | 这太古怪了 |
[03:30] | You’re Sherlock’s sponsor | 你是夏洛克的担保人 |
[03:31] | and I’m his sober– | 我是他的康戒 |
[03:31] | well, I was his sober companion– until recently. | 直到最近 我都是他的康戒陪护 |
[03:35] | And now you’re teaching me how to break into cars. | 而现在你却在教我怎么开车锁 |
[03:37] | You want to do the kind of work he does. | 谁让你想和他从事同样的工作 |
[03:39] | Besides, every hour I spend with you, | 除此之外 我陪你多久 |
[03:42] | he’s got to do two with me. | 他就得陪我两倍的时间 |
[03:43] | How’s that going? | 你们相处得怎么样 |
[03:44] | He’s good. | 还不错 |
[03:46] | He’s in a good place. | 他状态很好 |
[03:47] | Happier since you decided to work with him. | 你决定做他的助手后 他情绪好多了 |
[03:51] | 来自 夏洛克 华生 需要你 火速来 | |
[03:54] | Hey, I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[03:56] | I’ll give you a ride. | 我送你一程 |
[04:03] | Dreadful news: | 不幸的消息 |
[04:04] | I heard from my father this morning. | 今早接到了我父亲的电话 |
[04:05] | Really? | 是吗 |
[04:06] | Not the man himself, of course. | 当然不是他本人打的 |
[04:07] | One of his minions. | 一个他的随从打的 |
[04:08] | Apparently, he’s holding me to the bargain | 显然 他让我遵守我问他 |
[04:10] | that we struck when I borrowed that pittance from him. | 借那点小钱的时候达成的约定 |
[04:13] | If you’re referring to the $2.2 million | 如果你是指用来付 |
[04:15] | that you borrowed to pay off the kidnapping ransom, | 绑架赎金的那两百二十万 |
[04:17] | I’d say that’s a little more than a pittance. | 那可不是一点小钱 |
[04:19] | I foiled that kidnapper. | 我抓住了那个绑架犯 |
[04:20] | Every penny was accounted for and returned. | 钱全部收回并还给他了 一分不差 |
[04:22] | Yeah, but still. | 是 但借钱是事实 |
[04:23] | You’re off his teats now, Watson, | 你已经不为他干活了 华生 |
[04:24] | you can stop taking his side. | 不用再帮他说话 |
[04:26] | What did he want? | 他想要什么 |
[04:28] | Uh, to meet with one of his many attorneys | 他要我今早去见他的众多律师之一 |
[04:29] | this morning and discuss work of an investigative nature. | 讨论一些调查性质的工作 |
[04:33] | Knowing father, the man is a shyster’s shyster. | 我了解我父亲 他是个不折不扣的讼棍 |
[04:36] | You know, Dad once helped defending a client | 他帮一个简直是阿道夫·希特勒和 |
[04:38] | who was equal parts Adolf Hitler and Bernie Madoff. | 伯纳德·麦道夫结合体的客户辩护过 |
[04:41] | Hey, does your father know that I’m still here | 你父亲知道我还在这儿 |
[04:43] | and that we’re working together now? | 并和你一起工作吗 |
[04:44] | Why would he care? | 他关心这个干嘛 |
[04:45] | I don’t know, I was just curious. | 不知道 我只是好奇 |
[04:47] | You’re an aspiring detective now, Watson. | 你现在是个有抱负的侦探了 华生 |
[04:48] | Apply your curiosity to your cases. | 把你的好奇心用在案子上 |
[04:54] | Impressive. | 真不错 |
[04:55] | I know; I could look at this all day. | 是啊 在这里看一整天风景都不会厌 |
[04:57] | No, I was talking about the glass. | 不 我是说这玻璃窗 |
[04:59] | It’s… bullet-proof. | 是用防弹玻璃做的 |
[05:02] | Six-inch glass-clad polycarbonate, hmm. | 6英尺厚的聚碳酸酯玻璃幕墙 |
[05:05] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[05:07] | Philip Armistead. | 菲利普·亚米斯德 |
[05:08] | Do you know that “Shyster” | 你知道”讼棍”在德语里 |
[05:09] | is German for “one who defecates”? | 是指”大便的人”吗 |
[05:14] | And this is my assistant Rebecca. | 这是我的助手丽贝卡 |
[05:16] | So, let’s cut to the proverbial chase, shall we? | 让我们开门见山吧 好吗 |
[05:18] | How much slime will my associate and I | 我和我的助手要 |
[05:20] | have to wade through in order to help you? | 趟多少浑水才能帮到你 |
[05:22] | My father said you were in need of my services. | 我父亲说你需要我的服务 |
[05:24] | You’re an attorney, you work for him, he values you: | 你是律师 你为他工作 他很看重你 |
[05:26] | three good reasons to assume | 从这三点能充分看出 |
[05:27] | that the work we will have to do will be vile. | 我们要做的一定不是什么好事 |
[05:31] | Actually, I was hoping you might be able to help Rebecca. | 其实 我希望你能帮助丽贝卡 |
[05:34] | My sister Callie… | 我的妹妹凯丽 |
[05:36] | she went missing almost six months ago. | 她六个月前失踪了 |
[05:38] | I’m worried her husband may have done something to her. | 我担心是她丈夫对她下了毒手 |
[05:45] | Uh, I guess I should start with “I’m sorry”. | 我想我要先说”对不起” |
[05:50] | I hate that I can’t say these things to you face-to-face. | 我恨自己没勇气当面和你说 |
[05:52] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[05:55] | I don’t love you anymore, Drew. | 我不爱你了 德鲁 |
[05:59] | And it hurts to say that, you don’t know how much. | 你知道的 说这话我也不好受 |
[06:02] | I care about you, I want you to be happy, | 我在乎你 我希望你幸福 |
[06:05] | but I need to be happy, too. | 但我自己也想要幸福 |
[06:09] | And I thought that I could tough it out | 我以为自己能挺过去 |
[06:10] | and give us both a little more time. | 能再多给我俩一点时间 |
[06:12] | But then that woman got pushed in front of a subway train the other day– | 可看到那个女人被推下地铁月台的事后 |
[06:16] | the woman with the flowers– | 那个拿着鲜花的女人 |
[06:18] | and, I don’t know, I couldn’t stop thinking about her. | 我不知道 我一直不住地想着她的遭遇 |
[06:22] | Life is too short to stay with someone | 生命太过短暂 不能浪费在 |
[06:24] | who doesn’t make you happy. | 不能带给你幸福的人身上 |
[06:26] | So, uh, I’m going to go away for a little while. | 所以我决定离开一段时间 |
[06:29] | I don’t know where and I-I don’t know for how long. | 我不知道要去哪 也不知道去多久 |
[06:31] | I just know that I need some time. | 我只知道我需要时间静一静 |
[06:35] | Maybe, someday, you’ll find it | 也许有一天 |
[06:36] | in your heart to forgive me. | 你能从内心深处原谅我 |
[06:40] | When my brother-in-law Drew first showed me the video, | 我妹夫第一次给我看这段视频的时候 |
[06:42] | I didn’t question it. | 我没觉得有问题 |
[06:44] | Callie had always been a little fragile. | 凯丽一直有点多愁善感 |
[06:47] | Packing up her stuff and hiding out for a while, | 收拾行李 出去散散心 |
[06:49] | that sounded like her. | 确实像她会做的事 |
[06:51] | But then after the days started turning into weeks, | 但几天过去 又过了几周 |
[06:54] | I got suspicious. | 我起了疑心 |
[06:55] | The marriage was… troubled? | 他们的婚姻 出了状况吗 |
[06:57] | Callie had left him once before. | 凯丽和他分开过一次 |
[06:59] | That was about a year and a half ago. | 大概是一年半之前 |
[07:00] | What happened? | 是怎么回事 |
[07:02] | I don’t know. Callie didn’t even tell me | 我不知道 凯丽在几周以后 |
[07:04] | she’d done it till a few weeks later, | 才告诉我那事 |
[07:05] | and by then, she and Drew were back together. | 但那时 她和德鲁又和好了 |
[07:07] | And I tried to get her to talk about it, | 我试过让她告诉我缘由 |
[07:08] | but she said it was all in the past. | 可她说事情已经过去了 |
[07:11] | She was like that– | 她就是喜欢 |
[07:13] | she kept everything bottled up; private. | 把什么事都压在心里 不告诉别人 |
[07:15] | So, when she didn’t return my phone calls | 所以德鲁给我看过视频之后 |
[07:17] | after Drew showed me the video, I wasn’t surprised. | 我不奇怪她没接我电话 |
[07:20] | After a few weeks, Rebecca went to the police. | 几周之后 丽贝卡报了警 |
[07:22] | They tried to locate Callie via her cell phone, | 他们试图通过凯丽的手机 信用卡 |
[07:25] | credit card, e-mail records, | 和电子邮件记录找到她 |
[07:26] | but they came up empty. | 但是徒劳无果 |
[07:28] | She hadn’t used any of them since before she disappeared. | 自从失踪以来她就没用过上述任何东西 |
[07:31] | They questioned Drew, but he managed to convince them | 他们质问了德鲁 但是他设法说服了他们 |
[07:33] | the video was authentic. | 视频是真的 |
[07:35] | Oh, you-you think it’s a fake? | 那你认为它是假的 |
[07:37] | I think things were bad between Drew and my sister. | 我认为德鲁和我妹妹的关系很糟 |
[07:41] | He could’ve forced her to make the video | 他可能强迫她拍了那个视频 |
[07:42] | so that, after he killed her, | 这样一来 他杀掉她之后 |
[07:43] | he could show it to the police and convince them | 他就能给警察看视频 并说服警察 |
[07:45] | that she’d run away. | 她是自己离开的 |
[07:47] | Which he did. | 他就是这么做的 |
[07:48] | There’s also the trunk. | 还有这箱子 |
[07:51] | It was our grandmother’s. | 它是我们祖母的 |
[07:53] | My father willed it to me before he died. | 我父亲去世之前将其过继给了我 |
[07:56] | My apartment is tiny, so I let Callie | 我的公寓很小 所以我让凯丽 |
[07:58] | keep it at her place. | 替我保管 |
[07:59] | The deal was, | 我们说好 |
[08:00] | she would give it to me if I ever moved. | 如果我搬家了她就把箱子还给我 |
[08:03] | The first time that I went | 她失踪以后 |
[08:04] | to see Drew after she disappeared, | 我第一次去找德鲁的时候 |
[08:06] | I realized that the trunk was gone, too. | 发现那个箱子也不见了 |
[08:08] | He claimed that she took it with her, | 他声称她将其一并带走了 |
[08:10] | but I know that she would never do that. | 但我知道她不会这么做的 |
[08:11] | I told the police that I think he did what he did. | 我告诉警察说我认为他杀了我妹妹 |
[08:14] | And he used the trunk to get rid of her. | 并用箱子弃尸 |
[08:16] | I’ve had the firm’s top investigators | 我让公司里最好的侦探 |
[08:17] | on this for months. | 查了几个月了 |
[08:19] | They haven’t managed to come up with anything. | 他们至今没查出任何东西 |
[08:21] | I happened to speak with your father the other day, | 几天前我碰巧跟你父亲聊到 |
[08:23] | and he recommended I reach out to you. | 他推荐我来找你 |
[08:25] | Would you excuse us for just one moment? | 介意我们失陪一下吗 |
[08:27] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[08:29] | That woman could not be more wrong | 关于她妹妹的视频 |
[08:30] | about her sister’s video. | 那女人简直大错特错 |
[08:32] | It was most certainly not made under duress. | 它绝对不是被胁迫的产物 |
[08:34] | Tell me. | 说来听听 |
[08:35] | The human face, Watson, is like the penis. | 人的脸啊 华生 就跟阳具一样 |
[08:37] | Or so said the great personality theorist Silvan Tomkins. | 伟大的人格理论学家希尔文·汤姆金斯是这么说的 |
[08:41] | The point being: | 他的观点是 |
[08:42] | the face, like the male member, | 人的脸跟男性生殖器一样 |
[08:43] | has a mind of its own; it betrays us | 是有自主意识的 它几乎每天 |
[08:45] | on an almost daily basis; advertises our secrets | 都背叛我们 将我们的秘密 |
[08:48] | to those who know what to look for. | 显露给知道要找什么的人 |
[08:49] | The woman in that video was utterly calm | 拍摄视频的时候 那女人 |
[08:52] | when she filmed it. | 十分冷静 |
[08:53] | More than that, I think she was excited to move on. | 不止如此 我认为她对开始新生活还很兴奋 |
[08:55] | You and I were not looking at the same video. | 你和我看的不是同一个视频吧 |
[08:57] | Her jaw muscles were relaxed, not tight. | 她的颚肌是放松的 不紧张 |
[08:59] | Her nose wings were not dilated. | 她的鼻翼没有扩张 |
[09:00] | She wasn’t going off some script, | 她不是在念稿子 |
[09:01] | she meant every word she was saying. | 她说的每一个字都发自肺腑 |
[09:03] | – Nose wings. – We have an opportunity here, Watson. | -鼻翼 -我们遇到了一个机会 华生 |
[09:06] | More precisely, you do. | 更准确来说 是你 |
[09:08] | I think this would make an excellent first case for you. | 我认为这会是你极好的处女作 |
[09:11] | You want me to find Callie Burrell on my own? | 你想让我凭一己之力找到凯丽·伯勒尔 |
[09:13] | Every good investigator needs to be able to find people | 每一个优秀的侦探都要有能力 |
[09:15] | who do not wish to be found. | 找到不想被找到的人 |
[09:16] | More often than not, those are dangerous criminals. | 在大多数情况下 他们是危险的罪犯 |
[09:18] | Ms. Burrell is merely a wife grown tired of her husband. | 而伯勒尔夫人不过就是个厌恶了丈夫的妻子 |
[09:22] | It’s a case with training wheels. | 这案子非常明了 |
[09:24] | You can’t be sure that Callie is okay. | 你不能肯定凯丽就没事 |
[09:25] | And, you know what, th-th-there might be something | 你知道吗 她姐姐说的话 |
[09:27] | to what her sister is saying. | 或许有些是对的 |
[09:28] | Maybe, maybe not. Your job to find out. | 或许是 或许不是 要靠你来找出答案 |
[09:32] | Is this because the case came through your father? | 是因为这个案件是你父亲交给你的吗 |
[09:34] | No, it’s because the case suits you. | 不 是因为它适合你 |
[09:37] | Besides, I have one of my own which I wish to take up. | 再说 我自己还有一个想调查的案件 |
[09:41] | Oh, that’s the woman that Callie mentioned in her video. | 是凯丽在视频中提到的女人 |
[09:44] | She was murdered just days before Callie | 她就在凯丽”失踪”的 |
[09:46] | quote-unquote vanished. | 几天前遇害了 |
[09:49] | The man who pushed her was never found. | 一直没找到推她的男人 |
[09:51] | I lost a valued informant to a pusher back in London. | 在伦敦时 我因为地铁推手失去了一位珍贵的线人 |
[09:53] | Ugly business, yeah. | 可怕的下场 |
[09:55] | As horrific a death as you can imagine. | 你能想象的最糟糕的死亡方式不过如此 |
[09:57] | Now, I found that killer. | 我找到了那个杀手 |
[09:58] | I suspect I can find this one as well. | 我认为我也能找到这个杀手 |
[10:01] | Hey, aren’t you going to tell | 你不打算告诉 |
[10:02] | your father’s friend what we’re doing? | 你父亲的朋友我们的打算吗 |
[10:03] | Your case now, Watson. | 现在是你的案件了 华生 |
[10:05] | You tell him. | 你去告诉他 |
[10:16] | I must confess, I’m quite embarrassed | 我得承认 这个案件发生时 |
[10:17] | this murder escaped my attention when it first transpired. | 我竟没留意到 真惭愧 |
[10:21] | I was still locked away in Hemdale at the time. | 我当时还被关在汉德尔 |
[10:24] | “Locked away” is a little exaggerated. | 说关着有点夸张吧 |
[10:26] | When in days of my arrival, | 就在我到那的几天后 |
[10:28] | the staff forbade me access to newspapers. | 工作人员就禁止了我看报纸 |
[10:30] | Something about police blotters riling me. | 报纸上警情通报的一些内容激怒了我 |
[10:33] | – No, you? – Curious case, this one. | -不会吧 你 -这起案子很稀奇 |
[10:36] | Man approaches woman. | 男人接近女人 |
[10:37] | Man gives woman flowers. | 男人送女人花 |
[10:39] | And walks away, only to return moments later | 然后走开 但是片刻之后回来 |
[10:42] | and push woman in front of train. | 将女人推到了列车前 |
[10:45] | It’s pretty obvious the guy’s a psychopath. | 很明显这家伙是个精神病 |
[10:47] | Likely, yeah. | 的确有可能 |
[10:48] | Obvious, no. | 但并不明显 |
[10:51] | He takes great care to keep his face | 他谨慎小心地让自己的脸 |
[10:53] | angled away from the platform security cameras. | 不被月台上的摄像机拍到 |
[10:56] | Speaks to premeditation. | 证明他有预谋 |
[10:58] | He’d been to the platform before and cased it. | 他之前去过月台 并勘察了地形 |
[11:01] | – Psychopaths can’t premeditate? – No, of course they can. | -精神病不会预谋吗 -不 他们当然可以了 |
[11:04] | But tube pushers tend to be lunatics | 但是地铁推手有疯子的倾向 |
[11:07] | of the raving variety. | 是疯狂十足的那种 |
[11:08] | They’re sloppy. | 他们很大意 |
[11:10] | This man was the opposite. | 这个男人却完全相反 |
[11:13] | Good news is… | 好消息是 |
[11:17] | …I know exactly what he looks like. | 我完全知道他的长相了 |
[11:20] | Look, I can’t tell if you’re kidding right now or not. | 你是认真的吗 |
[11:24] | I reached out to the witnesses who helped generate | 我去找帮助画出画像的目击证人 |
[11:26] | that sketch– completely useless, | 完全没用 |
[11:27] | especially with regards to the patch | 尤其是关于他的夹克上 |
[11:28] | he has on his jacket here– looks like some sort of logo. | 这个位置有个袖章 看起来像是某种商标 |
[11:31] | I can’t tell what it is. | 无法判断那是什么 |
[11:32] | You think you can find the guy from a patch? | 你认为你能从一个袖章找到人吗 |
[11:35] | Stranger things, Watson. | 更怪的事都有 华生 |
[11:37] | How goes the search | 你寻找我父亲的律师的 |
[11:38] | for father’s lawyer’s assistant’s sister? | 助手的妹妹的事进展如何了 |
[11:41] | Well… I went through | 我仔细看过了 |
[11:42] | everything that the firm’s investigators | 公司侦探调查到的 |
[11:44] | have put together, and so far, nothing. | 所有资料 目前为止毫无发现 |
[11:45] | I mean, if she’s really hiding from her husband, | 我是说 如果她真的是在躲避她的丈夫 |
[11:47] | she’s doing a bang-up job. | 那她干得真棒 |
[11:48] | I can see why the police called off the search. | 我能明白为什么警察停止了搜索 |
[11:50] | – Have you spoken to the husband yet? – No, I called | -你跟丈夫谈过了吗 -没 我今天 |
[11:53] | his art gallery today, and he’s out of town. | 给他的画廊打电话 他出差了 |
[11:55] | I’m gonna pop in tomorrow | 我明天会亲自登门造访 |
[11:56] | and do my best Columbo impression. | 尽力扮演好我的侦探角色 |
[11:59] | He was a… | 科伦坡是… |
[12:02] | Never mind. | 当我什么都没说 |
[12:03] | I’m excited for you. | 我为你感到兴奋 |
[12:05] | When you talk to him, you’ll identify yourself | 当你跟他交谈时 你会把自己 |
[12:07] | as a “consulting detective.” | 当成顾问侦探一样 |
[12:09] | – You haven’t done that before. – I… | -这是你第一次 -我 |
[12:15] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[12:17] | Carver and Sons. | 我应该在八点 |
[12:18] | 8 o’clock, I was supposed to meet you. | 去卡佛尔一家见你的 |
[12:20] | I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you forgot. | 我大胆地猜一下 你是忘了吧 |
[12:23] | – Look, Em, I… – It’s okay. It’s not like | -听着 我 -没事 又不是 |
[12:24] | you forgot to meet me the last time we made plans. | 上一次我们约好时你就放了我鸽子 |
[12:27] | Oh, no, wait, you did. | 不 等等 你的确这么做了 |
[12:29] | Let me make it up to you– uh, tomorrow, my treat. | 让我补偿你吧 明天 我请客 |
[12:33] | – I don’t know, Joan. – Come on. I feel awful. | -算了吧 乔恩 -别嘛 我真抱歉 |
[12:37] | Know what? Yeah. | 那好吧 |
[12:39] | Tomorrow should work. I’ll see you at 8:00. | 明天应该行 咱们八点见 |
[12:41] | Okay, great. I’ll see you then. | 好的 棒极了 到时候见 |
[12:48] | Mr. Gardner? Hi. I’m Joan Watson. | 加德纳先生 我是乔恩·华生 |
[12:50] | I’m consulting, uh… | 我是顾问 |
[12:51] | I-I’m assisting with an investigation | 我 我在协助调查 |
[12:54] | into the disappearance of your wife. | 你妻子失踪一案 |
[12:55] | I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions? | 我在想能不能问你几个问题 |
[12:58] | Of course. Come in. | 当然可以 进来吧 |
[13:02] | I thought Callie leaving me | 我以为凯丽离开我 |
[13:03] | was the worst thing that could ever happen. | 是可能发生的最糟糕的事了 |
[13:05] | I was wrong– the worst part was… | 我错了 最糟糕的是 |
[13:07] | realizing Rebecca thought I’d hurt her. | 得知到丽贝卡以为我会伤害她 |
[13:10] | Do you think it’s strange that Callie hasn’t tried | 你觉得凯丽自离开以来没跟 |
[13:12] | to contact you or Rebecca since she left? | 你或丽贝卡联系过 这奇怪吗 |
[13:15] | Yeah. | 是 |
[13:17] | I guess I do. | 我猜是的 |
[13:18] | But… do I find it stranger than her packing her things | 但是 这比我发现她收拾了她的东西 |
[13:21] | and sending me a Dear John letter | 并且以视频的形式 |
[13:23] | in the form of a video? No. | 给我发了封分手信还要奇怪吗 不 |
[13:25] | She’s always been a very… | 她一直是个非常 |
[13:27] | complicated person. | 复杂的人 |
[13:29] | Rebecca mentioned that Callie left you once before? | 丽贝卡提到她之前也离开过你 |
[13:32] | About a year and half ago. | 大约在一年半以前 |
[13:34] | It was just for a couple of days, but still… | 只是一两天 不过还是 |
[13:37] | it was devastating. | 令人心碎 |
[13:39] | That time she called me. | 那次她给我打电话了 |
[13:41] | I begged her to come home. I told her | 我央求她回家 我告诉她 |
[13:43] | whatever was bothering her, we could work it out. | 不管有什么烦恼 我们一起解决 |
[13:45] | I guess I got through to her, because she came back. | 我想我说动了她 因为之后她回家了 |
[13:49] | If you don’t mind me asking, | 如果你不介意我问的话 |
[13:50] | what were the problems between you? | 你们之间的问题是什么 |
[13:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:53] | The first time she left, it was like | 她第一次出走 对我来说 |
[13:54] | being hit over the head with a club. | 好像当头一棒 |
[13:55] | I thought things were good between us. | 我以为我们相处得很好 |
[13:57] | I thought we were in a good place. | 我以为我们当时的关系很好 |
[13:59] | Obviously, I was wrong. | 很明显 我错了 |
[14:02] | And what about the second time? | 那第二次离家出走呢 |
[14:04] | She seemed a little distant of late. | 她有些疏远 |
[14:06] | – A little depressed. – Do you know why? | -有些低落 -你知道原因吗 |
[14:09] | Something to do with that woman | 是和那个被推向地铁车轨 |
[14:10] | who got pushed in front of the subway car. | 的女人有关 |
[14:12] | The one she talked about in the video. | 也就是她在视频里说的那个人 |
[14:15] | Rebecca also mentioned something about a trunk that went missing. | 丽贝卡提到有一个箱子不见了 |
[14:17] | It didn’t go missing. Callie took it. | 不是不见了 是凯丽带走了 |
[14:19] | I don’t know how many times Rebecca has to hear it | 我不知道我要说多少遍 |
[14:21] | until she believes it. | 丽贝卡才能相信 |
[14:22] | I just wish I could make | 我希望我能 |
[14:23] | her understand that I want Callie back, too. | 让她明白 我也想让凯丽回来 |
[14:25] | Not because I think our marriage can be saved, | 不是为了挽救我们的婚姻 |
[14:28] | I know that ship has sailed, | 我知道那已经不可能了 |
[14:30] | but because I’m worried about her. | 是因为我很担心她 |
[14:33] | I want to tell her that it’s okay, | 我想告诉她这没关系 |
[14:35] | that I want her to be happy. | 我希望她能开心 |
[14:38] | Even if being happy means being with somebody else. | 即使这意味着她要和别人在一起 |
[14:45] | – Watson? – Remember how you said yesterday | -华生 -记得你昨天和我说 |
[14:47] | you thought Callie Burrell was probably okay? | 你认为凯丽·伯勒尔有可能没事吗 |
[14:49] | – I do. – I’m pretty sure that’s not right. | -我记得 -我想你猜错了 |
[14:53] | I’m pretty sure her husband killed her. | 我确信她丈夫杀了她 |
[14:59] | but because I’m worried about her. | 是因为我很担心她 |
[15:01] | I wanna tell her that it’s okay, | 我想告诉她这没关系 |
[15:03] | that I want her to be happy. | 我希望她能开心 |
[15:05] | Even if being happy means | 即使这意味着 |
[15:07] | being with somebody else. | 她要和别人在一起 |
[15:10] | That was recorded by the police the first time | 这是警察五个月前审讯 |
[15:12] | they interviewed Drew Gardner five months ago. | 德鲁·加德纳的录音记录 |
[15:14] | He said the same exact thing to me this morning. | 这和他今早说的话一模一样 |
[15:16] | – Verbatim. – And because he repeated himself, | -一字不差的 -因为他说了一样的话 |
[15:19] | you think he’s a murderer. | 所以你认为他是凶手 |
[15:20] | No, it’s not because he repeated himself, | 不 不是因为他说了一样的话 |
[15:22] | it’s just that what he said sounded rehearsed– like | 但他的话就像是演练过一样 |
[15:25] | like he came up with his story and then stuck with it. | 就好像他已经编好故事 张口就来 |
[15:27] | Perhaps it’s lodged in his brain | 也许是因为重复的次数太多 |
[15:29] | because he’s had to repeat it so often. | 已经深印在脑海里了 |
[15:30] | To his sister-in-law, to the police, | 对他的小姨子说过 对警察说过 |
[15:32] | to his friends, to his colleagues, to you. | 对他的朋友 同事 还有你都说过 |
[15:34] | I’m not poking holes. You may very well be right. | 我不是在质疑你的判断 你可能是对的 |
[15:37] | I just want to be certain that you’ve thought this through. | 我只希望你能仔细想清楚了 |
[15:40] | There’s just something about this guy, | 我也不知道他哪儿有问题 |
[15:41] | something I didn’t like. | 哪里让我讨厌 |
[15:43] | Let’s say your assessment of the man is correct. | 假设你的推理是正确的 |
[15:45] | He is a cad and a killer. That would mean the stakes | 他是个粗人 是个杀手 那么 |
[15:47] | of this investigation have just been raised. | 本次调查的利害关系就更复杂了 |
[15:49] | Would you like me to tag in? | 需要我介入吗 |
[15:51] | No. | 不用 |
[15:53] | No, not yet. | 暂时不用 |
[16:03] | If you were working this case, | 如果你在调查这个案子 |
[16:04] | what would your next step be? | 你下一步要做什么 |
[16:08] | Do you have Mr. Gardner’s cell number handy? | 你有加德纳先生的电话吗 |
[16:12] | Gaslighting. | 装神弄鬼 |
[16:14] | A form of psychological abuse | 这是一种心理虐待 |
[16:16] | in which false information is presented | 将错误的信息呈现在对方面前 |
[16:19] | with the intention of disorienting a victim, | 让对方感到迷惑 |
[16:22] | and/or steering them on a certain course of action. | 从而引导他做出某些行为 |
[16:27] | The name derives from the 1938 stage play Gaslight, | 名字来自1938年的舞台剧《煤气灯下》 |
[16:31] | also known as Angel Street. | 也叫做《天使街》 |
[16:33] | Why do you have so many phones? | 你怎么有这么多手机 |
[16:34] | Well, why do you have only one? | 那你为什么只有一部 |
[16:36] | These are burners. | 这都是一次性的 |
[16:38] | They are utterly discardable, virtually untraceable. | 可以随意丢弃 无法跟踪定位 |
[16:41] | Uh, what are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[16:44] | I know | 我知道 |
[16:46] | that you killed her. | 你杀了她 |
[16:49] | I know | 我知道 |
[16:50] | what you did with her body. | 你怎么处理了她的尸体 |
[16:56] | Mr. Gardner’s gas has just been lit. | 加德纳先生已经接收到了信息 |
[16:59] | Now it’s just a question of surveilling him, | 现在你只需要监视他 |
[17:01] | observing where he goes, what he does. | 观察他去哪里 做什么 |
[17:02] | You’ll need to rent a car for that. | 做这些 你需要租辆车 |
[17:04] | If Gardner is a murderer, | 如果加德纳是凶手 |
[17:05] | our message may throw him off his game. | 我们的短信会让他惊慌 |
[17:07] | He may reveal something to you which he otherwise would have not. | 他会因此露出马脚 |
[17:10] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[17:11] | Police station to question a suspect. | 去警局审讯嫌疑人 |
[17:13] | You’re not the only one | 你可不是唯一 |
[17:14] | who’s made progress on their investigation. | 在案件上有进展的人 |
[17:19] | Yeah, I recognize her. | 我认得她 |
[17:21] | She was in the news a few months ago. | 她几个月前出现在新闻里 |
[17:23] | She got pushed in front of a train or something. | 被人推向地铁什么的 |
[17:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:29] | But that’s not | 但你不是 |
[17:31] | how you know her, though, is it, Mr. Samuels? | 仅从新闻上知道她的 对吧 塞缪尔斯先生 |
[17:35] | I mean, you | 我是说 |
[17:37] | you worked in the same office building together. | 在她死前 你们在同一个 |
[17:39] | Before she died, | 大楼里上班 |
[17:40] | she was a secretary. You were a custodial engineer. | 她是个秘书 你是门卫 |
[17:45] | That’s right. | 对呀 |
[17:47] | We used to see each other around the building sometimes. | 我们在楼里见过几次 |
[17:49] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 对 |
[17:51] | Do you remember seeing her around the subway platform? | 你还记得在地铁月台上看到她吗 |
[17:55] | I arrived at a theory last night. | 我昨晚得出一个结论 |
[17:57] | The man who killed Ms. Tully, | 杀死塔利女士的人 |
[17:59] | he’d been on that platform before. | 曾经出现在月台上 |
[18:02] | He’d studied it. | 他到那里踩点 |
[18:03] | He knew where the security cameras were. Hm? | 他知道摄像头在哪里 |
[18:06] | So I began to look at footage from the days and weeks | 所以我开始看案发几天前和几周前的 |
[18:09] | preceding her murder. | 监控录像 |
[18:12] | You’ll never guess who I saw following her | 你猜我看到了谁不止一次地 |
[18:16] | on more than one occasion. | 跟踪她 |
[18:21] | Now, this was recorded | 这是案发前10天 |
[18:24] | ten days before her murder. | 拍到的画面 |
[18:28] | There’s Ms. Tully. | 这是塔利女士 |
[18:34] | There’s you. | 那是你 |
[18:36] | Now, if I’m not mistaken, | 如果我没有看错 |
[18:37] | that’s a cell phone that you’re carrying? | 你手里拿着手机 |
[18:40] | You’re being discreet, | 你很隐蔽 |
[18:41] | but you are recording her. | 但你在拍她 |
[18:45] | You have a record, Mr. Samuels? | 你有犯罪史吗 塞缪尔斯先生 |
[18:49] | You were arrested on a stalking charge | 2009年你因跟踪罪 |
[18:51] | in Florida in 2009. | 在佛罗里达被捕 |
[18:53] | That was a misunderstanding. | 那是个误会 |
[18:55] | Was this a misunderstanding, too? | 那这次也是个误会吗 |
[18:57] | What are you, six feet, about 185? | 你1米83 84公斤左右 |
[19:00] | So was this guy. | 和嫌疑犯一样 |
[19:02] | Put a fake beard on you, some sunglasses, | 粘上假胡子 戴副太阳镜 |
[19:04] | be hard to tell the difference. | 几乎和疑犯画像一样 |
[19:05] | – What do you think? – I think you make an excellent point. | -你怎么看 -我觉得你说的对 |
[19:09] | I would never have hurt Vivian. | 我不会伤害薇薇安 |
[19:10] | Course you wouldn’t. Nor would you have stalked her, | 你当然不会 不然你就不会跟踪她 |
[19:12] | nor would you record images of her on your phone. | 也不会用手机拍她 |
[19:18] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[19:19] | You’re right, I was there that night. | 你们说对了 案发时我在场 |
[19:22] | And I was in disguise. | 而且我也乔装打扮了 |
[19:24] | But I didn’t kill her. | 但我没杀她 |
[19:26] | I thought she’d seen me | 我以为她发现了 |
[19:27] | following her a few nights before. | 我这几晚在跟踪她 |
[19:30] | So I started wearing a hat and a scarf | 所以我就戴了帽子 围了围巾 |
[19:32] | that covered my mouth. | 来挡住我的嘴 |
[19:35] | I’m there. | 我当时在那里 |
[19:36] | I just, I’m not in frame. | 我只是没在画面里 |
[19:39] | Well, that’s convenient. | 这解释真省事 |
[19:41] | You don’t get it. I was recording her that night, too. | 你不懂 我那晚也在拍她 |
[19:44] | I can prove that | 我可以证明 |
[19:45] | I wasn’t the one that pushed her. | 推她的不是我 |
[19:51] | Oh, my God, no! | 我的天啊 不 |
[19:54] | So, what do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[19:56] | It’s Anson Samuels’ voice, that much is certain. | 是安森·塞缪尔斯的声音没错 |
[19:58] | The question is, has the video been manipulated in some way? | 问题是 视频是否被做过手脚 |
[20:01] | If it hasn’t, did Samuels orchestrate the pushing? | 如果没有 是不是塞缪尔斯策划了这一切 |
[20:05] | Did he hire an equally mad associate | 他有没有雇佣一个精神有问题的人 |
[20:07] | to murder the object of his obsession | 来谋杀他的跟踪对象 |
[20:09] | so that he could record it for posterity? | 而他自己就能在旁边拍摄了 |
[20:11] | Well, we’re holding on to him either way, but eventually, | 我们现在还能拘留他 但最终 |
[20:13] | we’re gonna have to charge him or cut him loose. | 如果不起诉他 就要放他走 |
[20:15] | I was hoping that this new angle would shed some light | 我还希望 这条新线索 |
[20:17] | on the identity of the pusher, but… | 能帮我们找出凶手 但是 |
[20:19] | as luck would have it, | 不走运的是 |
[20:21] | his face isn’t seen by this camera, either. | 这个手机也没拍到他的脸 |
[20:23] | Nor was the patch on his jacket. | 夹克上的臂章也看不到 |
[20:25] | Patch? | 臂章 |
[20:30] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[20:33] | Watson. Still surveilling? | 华生 还在监控吗 |
[20:36] | If by “Surveilling,” you mean sitting on my butt | 如果你所说的监控 是指坐着 |
[20:38] | watching a man do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, | 看一个男人做些毫无异常的事情的话 |
[20:42] | it’s going great. | 进行得好极了 |
[20:44] | The text I sent had no effect. | 我发的短信没起作用 |
[20:45] | Drew Gardner has not left the gallery all day. | 德鲁·加德纳一整天都待在画廊里 |
[20:48] | Well, patience, Watson. | 耐心点 华生 |
[20:50] | There is no branch of detective work | 侦探工作里最重要 |
[20:52] | which is as important nor as neglected | 且又最易被忽视的就是 |
[20:54] | as the art of tracing footsteps. | 追踪嫌犯的艺术 |
[20:56] | It’s okay, I’ve still got a few good hours left. | 没事 我还能等几个小时 |
[20:59] | Actually… you’re not– at least you’re not good | 其实 你没那么多空 |
[21:01] | between the hours of 8:00 and approximately 10:00 P.M. | 至少晚上8点至10点左右你有事 |
[21:04] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[21:05] | I overheard you making plans with a friend last night. | 我无意间听到你昨晚跟一个朋友约定 |
[21:08] | Em. Short for “Emily”, if my memory serves. | 如果我没记错的话 她叫艾姆 是艾米莉的简称 |
[21:11] | Oh, no, I can’t believe I forgot again. | 天呐 我居然又忘记了 |
[21:13] | Well, I did not, so I reached out to Alfredo earlier on, | 我记着呢 所以我提前联系了阿弗雷多 |
[21:17] | and he is standing by to relieve you. | 他可以来顶替你 |
[21:19] | Are you serious? | 真的吗 |
[21:21] | Thank you. | 太感谢了 |
[21:31] | The busker. | 街头艺人 |
[21:33] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[21:34] | The busker. The fiddler. | 那个街头艺人 拉小提琴的 |
[21:36] | He’s playing Paganini’s, uh, 24 Caprices, | 他在拉帕格尼尼[著名小提琴手]《24首随想曲》 |
[21:38] | Opus 1, Number 11. | 作品一 第11首 |
[21:41] | Rewind it. | 往回倒一下 |
[21:44] | There. | 停 |
[21:46] | I don’t hear anything over the subway. | 地铁站里我什么都听不到 |
[21:48] | Yeah, neither do I. | 我也没听到 |
[21:49] | Then how can you tell he’s playing Paganini’s whatever? | 那你怎么知道他在拉帕格尼尼的什么鬼东西 |
[21:51] | I can see it– I know the piece from… the bowing, | 能看出来 从他的运弓 指法 |
[21:55] | fingering, double-stop trills. | 和双音的弹奏 |
[21:56] | You don’t know I play the violin? | 你不知道我拉小提琴吗 |
[21:59] | Before today I didn’t even know you ate food. | 今天以前我还以为你连饭都不吃呢 |
[22:02] | I don’t get it. What does it matter | 我不懂了 这家伙拉什么曲子 |
[22:03] | what song the guy’s playing? | 有什么关系 |
[22:04] | Oh, it doesn’t. What matters is, he stops in the middle. | 是没关系 重要的是 他中途停下了 |
[22:08] | Watch. | 看 |
[22:10] | He stops halfway through the andante, | 他正拉着行板突然停下来 |
[22:11] | doesn’t even touch the presto. | 还没开始急板呢 |
[22:13] | Question is: why? | 问题是 为什么 |
[22:14] | Why does he stop so suddenly and leave the platform? | 他为何匆忙停下 又离开月台了呢 |
[22:17] | The answer is… | 答案是 |
[22:21] | he sees our pusher. | 他看到了凶手 |
[22:27] | He knows him. | 他认识这人 |
[22:29] | He might even have known what he was about to do. | 他甚至可能知道那人准备干什么 |
[22:32] | We find our busker… we find the pusher. | 只要找到街头艺人 就能找到凶手 |
[22:40] | Hey. | 你们好啊 |
[22:40] | I didn’t know you guys were gonna be here, too. | 我不知道你们俩也会来呢 |
[22:42] | It was sort of a last second thing. | 是突然决定的 |
[22:44] | How is everything? What’s going on? | 你们都过得怎么样 |
[22:47] | There’s a reason why I asked Hope and Ken to join us. | 我叫上霍普和肯是有原因的 |
[22:50] | Uh, can I get a beer? | 能给我一瓶啤酒吗 |
[22:52] | – Uh, your mother called me the other day. – Yeah? | -之前你妈妈打电话给我 -是嘛 |
[22:54] | – We got to talking. – Thanks. | -我们就聊起来了 -谢谢 |
[22:57] | I told her how you and I kept missing each other. | 我告诉她我们俩一直没机会见面 |
[22:59] | She said you’re working as some sort of detective now. | 她说你现在在做类似侦探的工作 |
[23:03] | And she’s so proud of you, excited. | 她非常为你骄傲 很兴奋 |
[23:05] | But when I heard, I just… | 但我听说这事时 我觉得… |
[23:11] | What? | 怎么 |
[23:12] | I don’t know. I… | 我也说不清 我… |
[23:14] | Well, in a way, on the one hand, it explained a lot. | 不过这倒是从某种程度解释了很多事 |
[23:16] | You know, the way you’ve fallen out of touch | 解释了这几个月你为何 |
[23:19] | these last few months? | 都不跟我们联系了 |
[23:20] | How you’ve made and broken so many plans with me. | 还有你跟我约了这么多次却都爽约 |
[23:23] | With Hope and Ken. | 跟霍普和肯是如此 |
[23:24] | With others. | 还有其他人 |
[23:25] | We were worried about you, Joan. I guess we still are. | 我们当时就担心你 乔恩 现在也是 |
[23:33] | Is this is an intervention? | 你们是在给我开劝导会吗 |
[23:35] | Wow. No, it’s not. | 不 当然不是 |
[23:37] | It’s just a few friends expressing concern | 只是一帮朋友在表示对你的 |
[23:39] | for another. | 担忧 |
[23:41] | That’s an intervention. Trust me. | 这就是劝导会 相信我 |
[23:42] | I have helped organize plenty of them. | 这种东西我组织过很多次 |
[23:45] | Back when you were still a sober companion, right? | 在你还是做康戒陪护的时候 对吗 |
[23:47] | After you were a surgeon, | 在你辞去外科医生工作 |
[23:49] | but before you decided to become a private eye? | 但决心要做私家侦探以前 |
[23:52] | I’m sorry, but you seem lost. | 抱歉我这么说 但你好像很迷茫 |
[23:55] | You have ever since you stopped practicing medicine. | 从停止从事医务工作时你就这样 |
[23:59] | We know that your new mentor is your last sober client. | 我们知道你现在的新导师是你上一个康戒客户 |
[24:03] | And…? | 所以呢 |
[24:04] | “And…?” | 所以 |
[24:07] | Joan, you quit your job and moved out of your apartment | 乔恩 你辞去工作搬出公寓 |
[24:11] | so you could live full-time with a recovering drug addict | 就为了全天候陪着一个康复中的瘾君子 |
[24:13] | who’s going to teach you how to be some sort of gumshoe? | 而他还准备教你怎么开展秘密工作 |
[24:16] | Are you involved with him? | 你们俩有私情吗 |
[24:18] | Because that would explain a lot. | 要是这样就容易理解了 |
[24:24] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[24:25] | I am gonna see you guys later. | 我以后再找你们吧 |
[24:26] | What? Joan! | 什么 乔恩 |
[24:29] | I didn’t think that I would have | 我不觉得我有必要 |
[24:30] | – to explain my life to you, Emily. – Come on. | -向你解释我的生活 艾米莉 -别这样 |
[24:32] | I mean, what would you say to me if I told you | 要是我告诉你我不干记者了 |
[24:34] | I was quitting journalism to become a… | 而要去做个什么风帆冲浪运动员 |
[24:36] | I don’t know– a windsurfer? | 你会做何反应 |
[24:38] | Or if Hope told you | 或者霍普跟你说 |
[24:40] | she was giving up teaching to join the Marines. | 她不当老师而要去参加海军 |
[24:40] | 发自 阿弗雷多 小白脸离开了 稍后短信地址给你 | |
[24:42] | Would you really just congratulate us? | 你真的只是会恭喜我们吗 |
[24:44] | Or would you pull us aside and make sure everything was okay? | 还是说你会把我们拉到一边 确保没出什么问题 |
[24:48] | So, do you think what I do is like windsurfing? | 那么你觉得我现在做的事像风帆冲浪吗 |
[24:50] | I don’t know what it’s like. | 我不知道它是怎样的 |
[24:51] | I just know you. | 但我了解你 |
[24:54] | And I know you’re not a detective. | 我知道你不是做侦探的料 |
[25:11] | One of those self-storage places. | 是个私人仓库 |
[25:13] | The guy you wanted me to watch talked to the manager, | 你让我盯着的人跟管理员说了什么 |
[25:15] | walked in that unit right there. | 然后进了那边那个仓库 |
[25:22] | That trunk. | 是那个箱子 |
[25:26] | It belonged to his sister-in-law. | 这是他妻子的姐姐的 |
[25:27] | She thought he might have used it to get rid of his wife. | 她觉得他会用这箱子来弃尸 |
[25:30] | Are you trying to tell me there’s a person in there? | 你是说那箱子里可能藏着个人 |
[25:31] | Sherlock sent him an anonymous text this morning, | 夏洛克今早给他发了条匿名短信 |
[25:33] | said he knew where the body was. | 说他知道尸体藏在哪 |
[25:34] | And now, he’s getting that trunk out of storage. | 而现在 他就把箱子转移出仓库 |
[25:49] | – We need to call the cops. – No, no, not yet. | -我们得报警 -不 还不行 |
[25:51] | – What do you mean “not yet”? – I want to do this myself. | -还不行是什么意思 -我想自己来解决 |
[25:53] | – Do you still have that slim Jim? – Yeah. | -那根金属片还在这里吗 -对啊 |
[25:55] | Look, I didn’t hear a alarm trip on, | 我没听到他锁车 |
[25:57] | so all I have to do is get past that door lock. | 所以只要我能打开车门就行了 |
[25:59] | – Joan… – What? | -乔恩 -怎么 |
[26:00] | You don’t think I can do this? | 你觉得我办不到吗 |
[26:01] | Oh, I know you can do this, | 不 我知道你能办到 |
[26:02] | ’cause after everything I taught, | 你是我教出来的 |
[26:03] | you could jack that car in your sleep– Joan! | 你现在在睡梦中都能撬开车 乔恩 |
[26:40] | Hey! | 住手 |
[26:40] | That’s enough, ma’am. | 赶紧住手 女士 |
[26:42] | Step away from the car, please. | 请你离开那辆车 |
[26:44] | Hey, is there a problem? | 出什么事了吗 |
[26:45] | – Is this your vehicle, sir? – Yeah. | -这辆车是您的吗 先生 -对 |
[26:47] | I’m the guard here. I saw this woman | 我是这儿的保安 我在监控器里 |
[26:49] | breaking into your car in one of my monitors. | 看到这位女士撬开了你的车 |
[26:51] | You– you’re the one who came to ask me questions about Callie. | 你就是来找我询问凯丽的事的人 |
[26:55] | I’m investigating this man. | 我正在调查这个人 |
[26:56] | I have reason to believe that he murdered his wife | 我有理由相信他杀害了他妻子 |
[26:58] | and hid her body in this trunk. | 并把尸体藏在这个箱子里 |
[27:00] | What?! That’s a lie. | 什么 太胡扯了 |
[27:02] | There’s an easy way to see if I’m right. | 要知道我是否在说谎很容易 |
[27:03] | Just ask him to open it. | 让他把箱子打开 |
[27:04] | Excuse me? I don’t have to open a damn thing. | 什么 我才不用开箱子给你看 |
[27:06] | His name is Drew Gardner. | 他叫德鲁·加德纳 |
[27:07] | You can look it up on your phone. | 你可以拿手机上网查 |
[27:09] | There are articles on the disappearance of his wife. | 能找到他妻子失踪的报道 |
[27:11] | She went missing six months ago, same time as this trunk. | 她六个月前失踪 跟这箱子不见的时间一样 |
[27:15] | Would you open up this trunk, please? | 请你打开箱子好吗 |
[27:17] | Are you kidding me?! | 开什么玩笑 |
[27:18] | If she’s wrong, you ain’t got nothing to hide. | 如果她说错了 你就没什么好隐瞒的不是吗 |
[27:21] | You can either open up that trunk for me, | 你要是不开箱给我看 |
[27:23] | or open it up for them. | 就给他们看吧 |
[27:39] | Happy now? | 现在满意了 |
[28:01] | I have the very strongest sensation of Deja Vu. | 我觉得这场景似曾相识啊 |
[28:06] | I paid your bail. | 我帮你付了保释金 |
[28:07] | Paperwork’s being processed. | 他们正在办手续 |
[28:09] | You’ll be released back into society shortly. | 很快你就能重回社会了 |
[28:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:16] | I spoke with Alfredo before I came here. | 过来前我跟阿弗雷多聊过 |
[28:18] | He told me what transpired tonight. | 他跟我说了今晚的事情 |
[28:21] | You took a chance. Yeah? | 你冒险赌了一把 对吧 |
[28:22] | Fortune often favors the bold. | 天眷勇者 |
[28:24] | But not tonight. Mm. | 但今晚没有 |
[28:27] | You were right. | 你的判断是对的 |
[28:30] | The trunk was the same one | 那个箱子就是 |
[28:31] | that Rebecca Burrell mentioned to us the other day. | 丽贝卡·伯勒尔跟我们之前说过的那个 |
[28:33] | If Drew Gardner wasn’t using that | 如果德鲁·加德纳不是用它 |
[28:35] | to get rid of his wife’s body, what was he doing with it? | 处置妻子的尸体 那他是拿来干嘛的呢 |
[28:38] | Well, I didn’t speak to the man himself, | 我没亲自问过他 |
[28:40] | but I did speak to the officers who arrested you. | 但我跟逮捕你的警官交谈过 |
[28:42] | According to the statement that he gave them, | 根据他给警官的口供 |
[28:46] | he sold the trunk | 他在收到妻子的视频不久 |
[28:47] | shortly after he received the video from his wife. | 就卖掉了箱子 |
[28:50] | Partly out of spite, | 因为恼怒 |
[28:51] | partly because his gallery was struggling. | 也因为他的画廊出现了危机 |
[28:53] | He knew it was worth several thousand dollars. | 他知道这箱子价值大几千块 |
[28:56] | Sold it to a client. | 卖给了他的一个客户 |
[28:58] | He could have told Rebecca that months ago. | 这事他本可以告诉丽贝卡的 |
[29:00] | Mm. Well, he was afraid. | 不过他害怕 |
[29:02] | He knew what he’d done was wrong. | 他知道那么做是不对的 |
[29:03] | The trunk was not his to sell. | 他没权卖那个箱子 |
[29:05] | Apparently, your visit yesterday inspired him | 很显然 你昨天的到访提醒了他 |
[29:08] | to come clean. | 该说出实情 |
[29:10] | The idea that Rebecca thought he’d used the trunk to dispose of Callie | 丽贝卡认为他用箱子来处理凯丽尸体的想法 |
[29:15] | was more troubling to him than the idea | 所带给他的麻烦要远比 |
[29:17] | of being punished for his actual transgression. | 他为所犯罪行受到的惩罚大得多 |
[29:19] | So he reached out to the guy he sold it to | 所以他联系了之前箱子的买主 |
[29:22] | and made an offer to buy it back. | 又把箱子买了回来 |
[29:24] | The storage space that he accessed tonight | 他昨天晚上去的那个私人仓库 |
[29:26] | was the collector’s, not his. | 不是他的 而是那个买家的 |
[29:28] | He was merely picking up the trunk | 他只是想拿回箱子 |
[29:30] | so he could return it to Rebecca. | 然后还给丽贝卡 |
[29:32] | Apparently, there is a paper trail | 很显然 这一系列的事情 |
[29:34] | which confirms this series of events. | 都有书面记录可以证明 |
[29:37] | I was so sure she was in that trunk. | 我当时很确定她的尸体就在箱子里面 |
[29:39] | Given the many givens, your hypothesis was good. | 考虑到当时的情况 你的假设很合理 |
[29:44] | But I was wrong. | 但是我还是假设错了 |
[29:46] | You were wrong about a trunk. | 你对那个箱子的假设错了 |
[29:48] | That does not mean that you were wrong | 但是并不意味着 |
[29:49] | about the man being a murderer. | 你认为那个人是凶手的假设也错了 |
[29:53] | I just keep thinking | 我一直在想 |
[29:54] | that if you were the one to break into that car, | 如果是你去撬开那辆车 |
[29:57] | she would have been there. | 她一定会在里面 |
[29:58] | But because it was me… | 但因为是我撬的 |
[30:01] | I have another errand to run before tonight is through. | 今天结束前我还有另一件事要处理 |
[30:04] | In the morning, | 明天早上 |
[30:05] | I propose that we begin working both cases together. | 我建议我们合作调查这两个案子 |
[30:09] | After you’ve helped me find my subway pusher, | 你帮我找到在地铁站推人的凶手之后 |
[30:12] | perhaps I can help you find Callie Burrell. | 或许我也能帮你找到凯丽·伯勒尔 |
[30:23] | Bach? Why, Thaddeus, you’ve gone commercial. | 巴赫 撒迪厄斯 你怎么走商业化路线了 |
[30:27] | How do you know my name? | 你怎么知道我的名字 |
[30:28] | Your many citations | 你因为在地铁月台 |
[30:29] | for performing on subway platforms. | 表演被传讯了很多次 |
[30:31] | I’m assuming those are the reasons | 我想这就是你现在 |
[30:32] | you’re now performing above ground. | 换到地面上表演的原因吧 |
[30:35] | Oh, you’re the cops. | 好吧 你们是警察 |
[30:36] | No, no, he is. | 不不 他才是 |
[30:38] | I’m a concerned citizen. | 我只是个有责任心的市民 |
[30:39] | Name Vivian Tully mean anything to you? | 薇薇安·塔利这个名字你熟悉吗 |
[30:41] | No. | 不 |
[30:43] | Well, maybe her picture will. | 或许看到照片你就想起来了 |
[30:50] | – No. – You were there the night | -不认识 -一个疯子把她推下 |
[30:51] | a madman pushed her in front of a subway train. | 地铁月台的那个晚上你也在那 |
[30:54] | There’s no use in denying it. | 你抵赖是没用的 |
[30:55] | We’ve got you on video. | 我们在录像上看到你了 |
[30:57] | Yeah, okay, I was there. | 好吧 没错 我在那 |
[30:59] | But I only heard about what happened on the news. | 但我是后来看新闻才知道发生了什么 |
[31:01] | I wasn’t there when it actually went down. | 事发的时候我并不在场 |
[31:03] | Of course you were, ’cause the minute you saw the pusher, | 你当然在场 因为你一看到那个人 |
[31:05] | you picked up your stuff, and you left. | 就收拾东西 离开了 |
[31:07] | Why? ‘Cause you know him. | 为什么 因为你认识他 |
[31:08] | I’d like to know how. | 我想知道你是怎么认识他的 |
[31:10] | Sorry, man, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 抱歉 伙计 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[31:12] | You do know what I’m talking about, | 你很明白我在说什么 |
[31:14] | and the sooner you tell me the connection, | 你若能早点告诉我你们之间的关系 |
[31:15] | the less likely I’ll be to tell | 我就不告诉 |
[31:16] | Detective Bell here that you’re also a pickpocket. | 这位贝尔警探你还是个扒手 |
[31:19] | I was studying you from across the street. | 我之前一直在街对面观察你 |
[31:21] | You’re actually very good. | 你技术的确很好 |
[31:22] | Fiddling must keep those fingers nimble, hmm? | 拉小提琴让你的手指很灵活 是吧 |
[31:26] | Detective, would you give us a moment, please? | 警探 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[31:34] | Look, I didn’t know the guy, okay? | 听我说 我不认识那个人 |
[31:35] | I just knew his face. | 我只是认识那张脸 |
[31:37] | I’d seen him on the platform a few nights before, | 案发前几天晚上我在地铁月台上见过他 |
[31:39] | tried to lift his wallet, he caught me. | 我想要偷他的钱包 被他抓住了 |
[31:41] | Grabbed my wrist, I panicked, | 他抓住了我的手腕 我慌了 |
[31:43] | hauled off and punched him. | 我使劲挣脱出来然后打了他一拳 |
[31:44] | He fell, I took off. | 他倒下 我就赶紧跑了 |
[31:46] | When I saw him the night he killed the girl, | 案发那晚我看到他时 |
[31:48] | I was just worried he might recognize me | 我只是担心他会认出我来 |
[31:49] | and call the transit cops, so I left. | 并且报警 所以我就离开了 |
[31:55] | You’re checking out my coat right now, aren’t you? | 你现在在观察我的外套 对吧 |
[31:56] | Thinking of where you can infiltrate it. | 在想从哪可以伸进手去 |
[31:59] | Sorry, okay? It’s a force of habit. | 对不起 这是职业病 |
[32:00] | Ah, of course. | 当然了 |
[32:02] | I mean, a coat to a picker of pockets | 外套对于扒手来说 |
[32:04] | is like a vault to a safecracker, isn’t it? | 就像保险箱窃贼见到了金库一样 对吧 |
[32:06] | You’ve got to study it, | 你不自觉地就会去研究它 |
[32:07] | find a way in without being detected. | 找到一个不会被发现的方法伸手进去 |
[32:10] | So… the pusher. | 那么 那个推人犯 |
[32:12] | He had a patch on his jacket right here. | 他夹克的这个地方有一个臂章 |
[32:17] | Perhaps you’d be able to tell me what it was. | 或许你能告诉我那是什么 |
[32:22] | If you feel like you have to, don’t. | 如果你觉得必须如此 不要这么做 |
[32:26] | So your busker was able | 你找的那个街头艺人 |
[32:27] | to pick out this patch from an image search. Now what? | 从一堆图片中认出了这个 现在怎么办 |
[32:30] | We bring it to the public’s attention, | 向市民公布这张图 |
[32:31] | see if it, in conjunction with the sketch, | 跟那副画像一起 |
[32:33] | shakes anything loose. | 看看有没有人能想起什么 |
[32:38] | I thought you both should know: | 我觉得应该告诉你们 |
[32:40] | I invited Drew Gardner to the station a little while ago. | 我刚才把德鲁·加德纳请来了 |
[32:45] | If you apologize, | 如果你愿意道歉 |
[32:47] | promise to pay for the damage | 承诺赔偿对他的车 |
[32:48] | you did to his car, | 所造成的一切损失 |
[32:50] | and refrain from any further harassment, | 并且以后不再骚扰他 |
[32:53] | he’ll drop the charges against you. | 他会放弃对你的诉讼 |
[32:55] | I wouldn’t accept Mr. Gardner’s terms under any circumstances. | 我无论如何都不会接受加德纳先生的条件 |
[32:58] | Yeah, well, she’s not you. | 对 但她不是你 |
[33:00] | Miss Watson’s instincts have been telling her | 华生女士的直觉一直在告诉她 |
[33:02] | that the man is a murderer. | 那个人就是凶手 |
[33:03] | He’s right. I’m not like you. I’m not like you. | 他说的对 我不像你 我不像你 |
[33:06] | I… | 我 |
[33:08] | I’ve never had a record before. | 我从没有过前科 |
[33:14] | Me and Mr. Gardner | 我和加德纳先生 |
[33:16] | will be in my office. | 会在我的办公室里 |
[33:20] | Think about what you’re saying. | 说话前先想一想 |
[33:21] | I am. | 我想了 |
[33:22] | I have. Last night was a wake-up call. | 我想了 昨晚就是一次警钟 |
[33:24] | You made a mistake. | 你只是犯了错 |
[33:25] | No, it wasn’t just what happened | 不 不光是 |
[33:26] | at the storage facility. | 在仓库发生的事 |
[33:27] | My friends found out what I’ve been doing. | 我的朋友们也知道了我现在的工作 |
[33:29] | I didn’t realize you’d been keeping it a secret. | 我不知道你把这当成了一个秘密 |
[33:31] | They don’t get it. | 他们很不理解 |
[33:31] | Opinions are like ANI, Watson. | 观点就像自动识别号码一样 华生 |
[33:33] | Everyone has one. | 每个人都有 |
[33:35] | You know what, maybe what you do | 或许你做的事 |
[33:36] | is not something that you can teach. | 别人是学不会的 |
[33:37] | Maybe it’s something that just has to come naturally. | 或许这种本事只能是天生的 |
[33:40] | I-I just… I have a lot to think about. | 我 我有很多事要考虑 |
[34:01] | Ms. Burrell? Joan Watson. | 伯勒尔女士 我是乔恩·华生 |
[34:03] | We met the other day. | 我们之前见过 |
[34:05] | – Please. Have a seat. – Thank you. | -请进 坐吧 -谢谢 |
[34:08] | Did you want to ask me more questions about Callie? | 你是不是想再问问我关于凯丽的事 |
[34:12] | Actually, I came to apologize. | 实际上 我是来道歉的 |
[34:15] | I got a little too aggressive | 昨晚在调查的时候 |
[34:16] | with the investigation last night, and… | 我有点太冲动了 |
[34:20] | I’m afraid that Mr. Holmes and I | 我恐怕福尔摩斯先生和我 |
[34:22] | will not be able to remain on the case. | 不能够再继续查这个案子了 |
[34:36] | Ms. Watson? | 华生女士 |
[34:37] | Callie’s jacket– that patch. | 凯丽的夹克上 那块臂章 |
[34:40] | You mean Drew’s jacket. | 那是德鲁的夹克 |
[34:42] | It was cold that day. | 那天很冷 |
[34:43] | He let her wear it. | 他就让她穿着了 |
[34:45] | She called it his “Hippie coat”. | 她管那件衣服叫”嬉皮外套” |
[34:46] | He got it at a concert in college or something. | 好像是他在大学的音乐会上得到的 |
[34:50] | This is gonna sound strange, | 这问题可能听上去有些奇怪 |
[34:51] | but has Drew ever had a beard? | 德鲁以前留过胡子吗 |
[34:53] | Yeah, for a while. | 是的 留过一段时间 |
[34:56] | He shaved it off around the same time | 大约在凯丽失踪前后 |
[34:57] | that Callie disappeared. | 他把胡子剃了 |
[34:59] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[35:07] | Let’s start with what we know, shall we? | 把我们手头的信息梳理一下 好吗 |
[35:09] | Vivian Tully was murdered | 薇薇安·塔利在六个月前 |
[35:11] | six months ago by a bearded individual. | 被一个有胡子的人杀了 |
[35:14] | We know that Drew Gardner wore a beard | 我们知道了德鲁·加德纳大约在那个时候 |
[35:16] | at approximately that time. | 留过胡子 |
[35:17] | He also owned a jacket | 他还有一件夹克 |
[35:19] | identical to the one worn by the killer. | 和凶手穿过的那件一模一样 |
[35:22] | Several days later, | 几天之后 |
[35:23] | Callie Burrell records a video | 凯丽·伯勒尔录了一段视频 |
[35:25] | in which she says the murder has affected her, | 视频里她说谋杀案对她造成了影响 |
[35:28] | it’s made her think. | 让她思考了一些事情 |
[35:30] | She leaves Drew. | 于是她离开了德鲁 |
[35:32] | Thanks to you, we now have reason to believe | 多亏了你 现在我们有理由相信 |
[35:34] | that Drew Gardner was the man that pushed Vivian Tully | 德鲁·加德纳就是那个把薇薇安·塔利 |
[35:37] | in front of the subway train. | 推下地铁月台的人 |
[35:39] | Question is, why? | 问题是 为什么 |
[35:42] | What are the odds that it would | 为什么这件事会对她妻子 |
[35:44] | affect his wife so much that she leaves him? | 产生如此大的影响以至于要离开他 |
[35:47] | Is it possible that’s what he was counting on? | 有没有可能那正是他的目的 |
[35:50] | If he was, what kind of plan is that? | 如果是这样 他的计划是什么 |
[35:52] | I mean, how could he know that killing Vivian Tully | 他怎么能知道杀了薇薇安·塔利 |
[35:54] | would affect Callie the way that it did? | 就会对凯丽造成这种影响 |
[35:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:58] | Maybe I’m wrong about this, too. | 或许在这件事上我也错了 |
[36:00] | Maybe it’s just a coincidence | 或许他只是碰巧有一件 |
[36:01] | that he has that jacket with a patch. | 带有那个臂章的夹克 |
[36:03] | Have I… have I told you | 我有没有告诉过你 |
[36:03] | how distracting I find self-doubt? | 自我怀疑会分散你多大的注意力 |
[36:05] | If you must wallow, | 如果你非要沉湎 |
[36:06] | I ask that you do it in the privacy of your room. | 请你在自己房间独处时 再这么做 |
[36:08] | Do I need to remind you that I made | 需要我提醒你 我昨晚 |
[36:09] | a mistake last night that got me arrested? | 因为判断失误而被逮捕了吗 |
[36:11] | Do I need to remind you | 需要我提醒你 |
[36:12] | that you made a discovery today | 你今天的发现 |
[36:13] | that may ultimately solve both cases? | 最终可能同时解决这两件案子吗 |
[36:15] | Do you wish to mourn the former or celebrate the latter? | 你是想哀悼前者 还是庆祝后者 |
[36:17] | ‘Cause I, for one, am fully engaged. | 因为我可是全力以赴的 |
[36:21] | I want to solve this. | 我想要破案 |
[36:24] | Two events. | 两起案件 |
[36:25] | One murder by subway train, one disappearance. | 一个是地铁杀人犯 一个是失踪人士 |
[36:28] | Event “A” cannot reasonably be said | 没有任何证据表明事件A |
[36:31] | to have any effect on event “B”. | 对事件B有任何影响 |
[36:34] | Yet it defies reason | 但我们也无法排除 |
[36:36] | to think that the two are not connected. | 两者相关的这种可能性 |
[36:38] | We know Vivian Tully is dead. | 我们知道薇薇安·塔利已经死了 |
[36:40] | We strongly suspect Callie Burrell is dead. | 我们强烈怀疑凯丽·伯勒尔也死了 |
[36:43] | Drew Gardner, he has no discernible link | 德鲁·加德纳和薇薇安·塔利 |
[36:45] | to Vivian Tully, and therefore, | 并无明显联系 所以 |
[36:47] | no discernible motive for her murder. | 对她也没有明显的杀人动机 |
[36:49] | He does, meanwhile, have motive for his wife’s murder. | 但对他老婆 他有明确的杀人动机 |
[36:52] | The marriage was in trouble; | 他们的婚姻陷入困境 |
[36:53] | she had left him once before. | 她又一次离开了他 |
[36:54] | The question remains: | 现在的问题是 |
[36:56] | what are the odds that the murder | 这起我们认为是 |
[36:58] | we think he is responsible | 他犯下的地铁站谋杀案 |
[36:59] | for on the subway platform | 促使他老婆 |
[37:01] | would compel his wife to leave | 第二次离开他的几率 |
[37:03] | the marriage for a second time? | 有多大呢 |
[37:04] | How, in this case, | 这个案件里 |
[37:06] | does “A” lead to “B”? | A是怎么导致B的 |
[37:10] | Maybe “A” didn’t lead to “B”. | 也许不是A导致B |
[37:14] | Maybe “B” led to “A” | 也许是B导致了A |
[37:18] | I don’t know how many times I have to tell you people: | 我都不知道要告诉你们多少次 |
[37:20] | I didn’t kill Callie. | 我没有杀凯丽 |
[37:21] | Well, as a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[37:23] | that’s only one of the murders | 在你被控告的谋杀案中 |
[37:25] | that we’re accusing you of. | 这只是其中之一 |
[37:26] | This is the other. | 还有另外一起 |
[37:31] | This is the woman Callie talked about in her video. | 这是凯丽在视频里提到的那个女的 |
[37:35] | You think I had something to do with this? | 你觉得我跟这事有关 |
[37:37] | Six months ago, you had a beard | 六个月前 你留的胡子 |
[37:39] | like the one in that sketch. | 跟那画像中一样 |
[37:42] | You also owned an army jacket | 你也有一件陆军外套 |
[37:44] | with a distinctive patch on the right arm. | 在右胳膊上有一个独特的臂章 |
[37:47] | I gave that jacket to Goodwill a long time ago. | 那外套我很久之前就捐给慈善组织了 |
[37:49] | Did you give them your beard as well? | 你把你的胡子也捐了吗 |
[37:52] | Or did you shave it off, so you would look | 还是你把它刮掉了 使自己看起来 |
[37:55] | less like the man who murdered Vivian Tully? | 长得不那么像谋杀薇薇安·塔利的人 |
[37:58] | Last night, when Ms. Watson | 昨晚 当华生小姐 |
[37:59] | suggested you that you might also be the pusher, | 说到你也可能是那个推手时 |
[38:03] | I was confused. | 我很困惑 |
[38:04] | And that doesn’t happen very often. | 而这并不常见 |
[38:05] | But in my defense, | 但自我辩护一下 |
[38:07] | the sequence of events, as I understood them, | 是因为按我理解 事件的发生顺序 |
[38:10] | just didn’t make any sense. | 根本说不通 |
[38:12] | You choose a woman at random | 你随机选择了一个女的 |
[38:13] | and you shove her to her death. | 把她推向死亡 |
[38:17] | Several days later, | 几天之后 |
[38:18] | the crime inspires your wife to leave you. | 你老婆因这起事件离开了你 |
[38:22] | Now, the odds that the first | 第一起事件引起第二起的 |
[38:24] | leads to the second– astronomical. | 可能性 几乎为零 |
[38:27] | Then Ms. Watson recalled | 这时华生小姐想到 |
[38:29] | that your wife had left you once before. | 你老婆以前也离开过一次 |
[38:31] | The video. | 那个视频 |
[38:32] | You claimed that Callie left it for you | 你说是凯丽六个月前 |
[38:33] | six months ago, but that was a lie. | 留给你的 但你在说谎 |
[38:36] | She made it for you a year and a half ago… | 那是她一年半前录的 |
[38:39] | the first time she left you. | 在她第一次离开你的时候 |
[38:42] | That’s ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[38:43] | Pretend for a second that I’m right. | 假设我是对的 |
[38:45] | The video is 18 months old. | 那视频确实是一年半之前的 |
[38:47] | In it, Callie references a woman | 在里面凯丽提到了一个女的 |
[38:48] | that was pushed in front of a train. | 被推下了列车月台 |
[38:50] | “The woman with the flowers”, | “拿着花的女人” |
[38:52] | to use her exact words. | 这是她的原话 |
[38:53] | That would mean 18 months ago | 这说明一年半之前 |
[38:55] | another woman was pushed in front of a train. | 还有一个女的被推下了月台 |
[38:57] | Another woman holding flowers. | 另一个拿着花的女人 |
[38:59] | Her name was Anna Peters. | 她的名字是安娜·彼得斯 |
[39:01] | She was standing on a platform | 当时她站在哈莱姆区的 |
[39:03] | in Harlem when two teenagers on their way to school | 地铁月台上 有两个青少年准备去上学 |
[39:05] | got into a shoving match. | 玩起了推搡比赛 |
[39:06] | One of them bumped her over the edge by accident. | 其中一个不小心将她撞下了月台 |
[39:09] | It was a big story. | 这事当时很轰动 |
[39:10] | A lot of the media outlets that covered it | 许多报道过该事件的媒体 |
[39:11] | mentioned that Anna was on her way to the hospital | 都提到安娜当时准备去医院 |
[39:13] | to visit a sick friend. | 看望病中的朋友 |
[39:15] | When she fell, she was holding flowers | 当她摔下月台时 拿着的花 |
[39:17] | that she had picked from her own garden. | 是她从自家花园里亲手摘的 |
[39:18] | Flowers that she was planning | 她本来准备把这些花 |
[39:20] | to give to her friend. | 送给她的朋友 |
[39:22] | That’s interesting, isn’t it? | 很有趣 不是吗 |
[39:24] | The man who murdered Vivian Tully six months ago | 那个六个月前杀害薇薇安·塔利的凶手 |
[39:27] | inexplicably gave her a bouquet of flowers | 在推她之前也给了她一束花 |
[39:30] | right before he pushed her. | 非常令人费解 |
[39:31] | You gave her those flowers. | 你送给她那些花 |
[39:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[39:36] | You thought you had figured out a way | 你以为你有办法 |
[39:38] | to kill your wife and get away with it. | 能杀死你妻子并顺利脱身 |
[39:41] | You’d use the video that she sent you | 你决定用她第一次离开时 |
[39:42] | the first time she left you to explain her disappearance. | 发给你的视频 来解释她的失踪 |
[39:45] | All you needed now | 而这时你需要的 |
[39:46] | was a subway pushing in the present | 是一起近期发生的地铁被推案 |
[39:48] | so that the video would make sense. | 这样视频才说得通 |
[39:49] | A pushing involving a woman holding flowers. | 要推一个拿着花的女人 |
[39:55] | This is insane. | 这太疯狂了 |
[39:57] | You’re just some woman | 你不过是个编造 |
[39:58] | with a crazy story. | 疯狂故事的女人 |
[39:59] | You want me to be guilty, | 你希望我有罪 |
[40:01] | so you’ve constructed this elaborate fiction | 所以你精心编造了这个故事 |
[40:03] | to accommodate your theory. | 以证明你的理论 |
[40:05] | So, you’re sticking to your story, then? | 所以你坚持之前的说辞吗 |
[40:06] | On the record, you’re saying | 我将记录 你说 |
[40:07] | that you received that video | 你是六个月前 |
[40:08] | from your wife six months ago? | 收到你老婆的视频的 |
[40:10] | I am repeating that on the record. | 我再次重申 就是这样 |
[40:12] | Well, we rather hoped that you would. | 我们也希望你这么说 |
[40:14] | We were granted access | 今天早上我们被允许 |
[40:15] | to Callie’s e-mails this morning. | 登录凯丽的电子邮箱 |
[40:17] | Obviously, you also had access to those e-mails, | 很显然 你也能登录这个邮箱 |
[40:20] | because you needed to prove to anyone who might ask | 为了当别人问起这段视频时 |
[40:22] | that the video came from her. | 你能证明是她发给你的 |
[40:24] | You deleted the original e-mail from her account– | 你从她的账号中删除了原始邮件 |
[40:27] | the one she sent a year and a half ago. | 就是她一年半前发给你的那封 |
[40:29] | You then re-sent it when the time was right. | 然后你再在恰当的时机重新发送 |
[40:32] | The thing is… | 问题是 |
[40:34] | we found it archived and stored in the server. | 我们在服务器里发现了相关存档 |
[40:37] | We know, and can prove, | 我们知道 并且能证明 |
[40:39] | that you received that e-mail 18 months ago, | 你是在一年半之前收到的那封邮件 |
[40:42] | a few days after Anna Peters was murdered. | 就在安娜·彼得斯遇害几天之后 |
[40:46] | But… don’t take my word for it. | 但是 别太相信我的话 |
[40:48] | I’m just a woman with a crazy story. | 我只是一个编造疯狂故事的女人 |
[41:10] | You picked up. | 你接电话了 |
[41:12] | I’m glad. I wasn’t sure you would. | 太好了 我并不肯定你会不会接 |
[41:14] | I wasn’t sure I would, either. | 我自己也不肯定 |
[41:16] | About the other night. | 关于那天晚上 |
[41:18] | You were out of line? | 是你太过分了吗 |
[41:20] | I’m not gonna apologize for worrying about you. | 我不会因为担心你而道歉的 |
[41:22] | Listen, em… | 听着 |
[41:23] | I am, however, going to apologize | 但是 我向你道歉 |
[41:25] | for doubting you. | 我不该质疑你 |
[41:27] | My editor just assigned me the craziest story. | 我的总编分配给我一个非常疯狂的故事 |
[41:30] | “Man Pushes Woman In Front of Train | “男人将女人推下月台 |
[41:32] | to Cover Up Murder of Wife.” | 以掩盖谋杀妻子的罪行” |
[41:34] | Sound familiar? | 听起来很耳熟吧 |
[41:36] | Watson? | 华生 |
[41:37] | Oh, hold on a second. | 稍等一下 |
[41:42] | When you’re finished, | 等你说完了 |
[41:43] | if you could, uh, join me downstairs to peruse some files? | 你可以下楼和我一起看些文件吗 |
[41:46] | An old colleague of mine in London | 我以前在伦敦时的同事 |
[41:48] | asked for my thoughts on a homicide investigation. | 因一起谋杀调查咨询我的意见 |
[41:50] | I was able to identify the murderer | 我在几秒钟之内 |
[41:52] | in a matter of seconds. | 就找出了凶手 |
[41:53] | I would like to see | 我想看看 |
[41:54] | how long it takes you. | 你会花多久 |
[41:57] | You enjoyed a modicum of success today, Watson. | 今天你享受到一点点成功的喜悦 华生 |
[42:00] | Let’s not let it go our heads, now, shall we? | 别被喜悦冲昏了头脑 好吗 |
[42:06] | Hey, uh, Emily, | 艾米莉 |
[42:07] | something just came up work-related. | 我得去处理点工作上的事 |
[42:09] | Another time? | 那下次再聊 |
[42:11] | Yeah, another time, okay? | 好 下次聊 |
[42:13] | Bye. | 再见 |
[42:18] | 乔恩·华生 职业:康戒陪护 居住在纽约市布鲁克林区 乔恩是单身 | |
[42:20] | 基本个人信息 我的职业:康戒陪护 我是:女性 我的地点:纽约市布鲁克林区 恋爱状态:单身 | |
[42:30] | 乔恩·华生 职业:顾问侦探 居住在纽约市布鲁克林区 乔恩是单身 |