时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Both victims work for ZBZ Security. | 两名死者都是ZBZ保安公司的员工 |
[00:05] | Company has a contract | 这家公司承包了 |
[00:06] | with the Turtle Bay Historical Society right next door. | 隔壁海龟湾历史社团的安保工作 |
[00:10] | Now, nothing’s missing from the museum. | 博物馆什么都没丢 |
[00:11] | We’re canvassing the area | 我们正在这片区域 |
[00:13] | for the gun, shooter, any possible witnesses. | 搜寻凶枪 行凶者和可能的目击者 |
[00:16] | So, thoughts? | 有什么想法吗 |
[00:20] | Holmes? Thoughts? | 福尔摩斯 有想法吗 |
[00:23] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:23] | I was waiting for Miss Watson. | 我在等华生小姐 |
[00:25] | I’m training her to analyze every environment | 我在训练她用真正侦探的锐利视角 |
[00:27] | with the keen eye of the true detective. | 分析每一次的凶案环境 |
[00:31] | Watson, thoughts? | 华生 有想法吗 |
[00:37] | Looks like both men have been shot in the chest one time. | 看样子两名死者都是胸口中枪 一枪毙命 |
[00:41] | Judging from the scuff marks on the concrete, | 从地面痕迹来看 |
[00:44] | looks like they chased the suspect up here, | 他们追着嫌犯来到这里 |
[00:46] | who then fired twice and then ran. | 嫌犯开了两枪之后逃跑 |
[00:52] | It’s tough to say where he went. | 很难判断他去了哪里 |
[00:54] | The reason it’s difficult to say where he ran | 很难判断他去了哪里 |
[00:57] | is that no one ran anywhere at all. | 是因为他哪儿都没去 |
[01:00] | Here we have two deceased gentlemen, | 这里有两位死者 |
[01:01] | both of them wearing the uniform of ZBZ. | 都穿着ZBZ的制服 |
[01:05] | Or so it would appear. | 或者看上去如此 |
[01:07] | This man’s patches were recently sewn on, | 这人的臂章是最近才缝上去的 |
[01:08] | and his clothes are store-bought, | 他的衣服是店里买的 |
[01:10] | not made by a uniform company. | 而不是制服公司统一定做的 |
[01:13] | So he was posing as a guard. | 所以他在假扮保安 |
[01:15] | Nothing is missing from the museum, | 博物馆什么都没丢 |
[01:16] | so we assume that he was looking for access to the parking lot. | 那我们假设他是为了进停车场 |
[01:20] | It’s easy to rifle through the cars | 穿成保安的样子 |
[01:22] | if you look like you work for the security firm. | 要翻查车辆就很容易了 |
[01:23] | Now, what was in his pockets? Pockets? | 他口袋里有什么 口袋 |
[01:26] | Pockets. | 口袋 |
[01:36] | Yeah, see, you thought he was a victim, | 看 你以为他是受害者 |
[01:38] | so you were looking for identification. | 所以会找身份证 |
[01:39] | But here we have one, two, three, four | 但现在我们有一 二 三 四 |
[01:42] | car registration cards. | 四张车辆登记证 |
[01:44] | Each one has the owner’s address on it. | 每张都写有车主的地址 |
[01:46] | See the game? | 明白了吗 |
[01:47] | Pick an expensive car, then you call an associate, | 挑辆高档车 打给同伙 |
[01:50] | who burgles the home of its owner while they’re out. | 趁屋主不在家入屋行窃 |
[01:53] | This man is a real security guard. | 这人是真的保安 |
[01:56] | He saw this fellow lurking around, followed him. | 他看到假保安行事鬼祟 就跟了过来 |
[01:58] | Bad man shoots good man. | 坏人向好人开了一枪 |
[01:59] | Good man, while still alive, | 好人还没死 |
[02:01] | wrests control of gun from bad man, fires one shot. | 把枪夺过来 向坏人开了一枪 |
[02:04] | Here we are. | 就成这结果了 |
[02:06] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[02:08] | His cell phone. | 他的手机 |
[02:09] | You’re gonna check the last number he dialed; | 你要看他最后一通拨出的电话 |
[02:11] | that’s his partner. | 那就是他的同伙 |
[02:12] | He’s probably robbing a place right now. | 说不定这会儿正在别人家行窃呢 |
[02:18] | Would you like to talk to the burglar? | 你想跟那个小偷说话吗 |
[02:19] | According to this, his name is Loco Maurice. | 根据电话本 这人叫洛克·莫里斯 |
[02:24] | You mustn’t allow your failure to discourage you. | 你不能因为这一次的失败而丧失信心 |
[02:28] | Didn’t fail. Not discouraged. | 我没失败 也没丧失信心 |
[02:30] | You didn’t solve the case, but you did notice | 你没破案 不过你确实注意到了 |
[02:32] | the incongruity of the scuff marks. | 地面痕迹不一致 |
[02:34] | The next step is learning | 下一步就是学习 |
[02:35] | to extrapolate your way to the truth. | 推理出真相 |
[02:37] | Detection is not just a skill, Watson. | 查案不仅是一种技巧 华生 |
[02:39] | It’s a point of view. | 更是看问题的角度 |
[02:41] | You must train yourself to be alert | 你必须训练自己时时注意 |
[02:42] | to the bizarre, the unusual, | 奇怪的 不寻常的 |
[02:44] | that which has no place in any given picture. | 与周围格格不入的事 |
[02:47] | Like that stretch limo | 比如那辆加长型豪华轿车 |
[02:49] | with the driver staring straight at us? | 司机还直盯着我们看 |
[02:51] | Sherlock Holmes? | 您是夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗 |
[02:53] | My name’s Crabtree. | 我叫克雷布里特 |
[02:54] | We got your name from a Mr. Musgrave in London. | 我们从伦敦的马斯格雷夫先生那听闻大名 |
[02:56] | Local police told us we’d find you here. | 这里的警察告诉我们能在这找到您 |
[03:00] | You say “we”. | 你说”我们” |
[03:01] | All I see is a you. | 你却只身一人 |
[03:03] | I’m a driver and attaché | 我是莱登工业 |
[03:04] | for Mr. Gerald Lydon of Lydon Industries. | 杰拉尔德·莱登先生的司机兼随从 |
[03:07] | You know the company? | 您知道这家公司吗 |
[03:08] | You make everything from Scotch Tape | 你们从透明胶带 到金刚钻焊接钻头 |
[03:10] | to diamond-tipped drill bits. | 什么都做 |
[03:12] | Well, we have all the tape and drill bits that we need. | 我们的胶带和钻头都够用了 |
[03:14] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[03:15] | Mr. Lydon has a proposal for you. | 莱登先生想给你一个提议 |
[03:21] | I sit before you a lucid man. | 坐在你面前的是个聪明人 |
[03:24] | Vital, I might say. | 可以说是很重要的人 |
[03:26] | I hold 18 patents | 我58岁时 |
[03:28] | and I can do 11 pull-ups at age 58. | 拿到了18项专利 能做11次引体向上 |
[03:32] | And I own exactly 16 forks. | 而我正好有16把叉子 |
[03:35] | I’m not entirely sure | 我不太明白 |
[03:35] | what we’re supposed to be comparing. | 我们要比较什么 |
[03:38] | Well, the point, Mr. Holmes, is that in my good moments, | 福尔摩斯先生 重点是 在我的黄金时期 |
[03:42] | I’m every bit the man I was. | 我无所不能 |
[03:44] | But there are fewer and fewer of those | 但现在却每况愈下 |
[03:46] | because I have dementia. | 因为我得了痴呆症 |
[03:49] | And it’s getting worse, | 情况越来越糟 |
[03:49] | which is why Ms. Tompkins is following me around. | 因此汤普金斯女士才一直陪着我 |
[03:53] | You have my condolences. | 深表同情 |
[03:54] | I don’t want your condolences. | 我不要你的同情 |
[03:57] | I want your help. | 我要你帮忙 |
[03:59] | Have you ever heard | 你听说过 |
[04:00] | of hereditary cerebral amyloid angiopathy? | 遗传性脑淀粉样血管病吗 |
[04:04] | Hereditary CAA. | 遗传性CAA |
[04:05] | It’s a genetic disorder. | 是种遗传病 |
[04:07] | Less than 20,000 cases recorded. | 全世界不到两万例 |
[04:10] | Dementia is one of the early symptoms. | 痴呆就是早期症状 |
[04:12] | And death is the final symptom. | 死亡是最终症状 |
[04:14] | And when it comes to me, it will complete my murder, | 而对我来说 这样就能成功谋杀我 |
[04:17] | because somebody did this to me, and I need you to find out who. | 有人害我得此病 我要你查清是谁 |
[04:23] | So, it’s a hereditary disorder. | 这是种遗传病 |
[04:25] | You have to be born with it. | 意思是你生来就有 |
[04:28] | And there’s no history of it in my family. | 我没有这个家族病史 |
[04:30] | They can do a lot of things in labs now, you know. | 现在实验室里什么都能研究出来 |
[04:33] | And I’ve consulted with some of the top geneticists, | 我咨询过几名顶尖的遗传学专家 |
[04:35] | and they tell me that it’s possible | 他们告诉我有可能 |
[04:37] | that somebody gave me this disease, | 是别人害我得这病的 |
[04:39] | because they want me out of power! | 因为他们要赶我下台 |
[04:41] | With all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[04:43] | maybe these geneticists are right. | 也许这些遗传学专家说得对 |
[04:46] | “Possible” does not mean “likely”. | 但”有可能”不表示”会发生” |
[04:48] | It just means it’s not impossible. | 只代表不是没有可能 |
[04:53] | That’s what my family says, that’s what the police say, | 我家人也这么说 警方也这么说 |
[04:54] | that I’m paranoid, that I’m delusional. | 他们都说我疯了 有妄想症 |
[04:56] | I hate to say this, but those are also symptoms of CAA. | 我很不想这么说 但这些也是CAA的症状 |
[05:01] | Look, they tell me that you’re the best. | 他们说你是最好的 |
[05:03] | Mr. Holmes, what will it cost to buy you over to my side? | 福尔摩斯先生 你要怎样才答应帮我 |
[05:07] | I only take cases when I believe I’m acting in good faith. | 我只在确信有疑点时才会接下案子 |
[05:12] | Now, since I think that naturally occurring dementia | 而现在我觉得非人为造成的痴呆 |
[05:14] | is by far and away the most likely explanation | 显然是你这种情况最好的解释 |
[05:17] | for your plight, I would not be doing that. | 所以我不会接这案子 |
[05:21] | Would you pull over, please, Crabtree? | 能请你靠边停车吗 克雷布里特 |
[05:24] | I really am truly sorry. | 我深感抱歉 |
[05:27] | And I wish you the best of luck. | 也祝你好运 |
[05:54] | I read the last stack of books. | 你给我的那堆书我看完了 |
[05:55] | No questions… asked. | 没什么问题 要问 |
[05:58] | But, uh, Jeremy Bentham is a utilitarian philosopher. | 但杰里米·边沁是个功利主义哲学家[英国哲学家] |
[06:02] | That has nothing to do with being a detective. | 这跟做侦探有什么关系 |
[06:05] | Bentham is the father of modern criminology. | 边沁是近代犯罪学之父 |
[06:07] | He said that crime is the result of free will. | 他说罪案是自由意志的产物 |
[06:11] | Uh, you’re gonna put the acid away | 我们去开门之前 |
[06:13] | before we answer the door, right? | 你会把酸收起来的 对吧 |
[06:20] | Delivery for you, Mr. Holmes. | 您的快递 福尔摩斯先生 |
[06:22] | Thank you, Crabtree, but I’m afraid I… | 谢谢 克雷布里特 恐怕我… |
[06:25] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷啊 |
[06:27] | Is that…? | 这是… |
[06:28] | A bee in a box? Yes, it is. | 盒子里的蜜蜂 的确是 |
[06:30] | Fairly unimpressive as far as bribes go. | 这该是最无法收买人的贿赂了吧 |
[06:34] | Not if you’re an apiculturist. | 养蜂人可不会这么说 |
[06:36] | That’s an Osmia Avoseta– solitary bee | 这是石巢蜂 一种独居蜂 |
[06:40] | famed for building exquisite nests from flower petals. | 以用花瓣筑成精致的蜂巢而闻名 |
[06:45] | It’s on the verge of extinction. | 已经快绝种了 |
[06:48] | Crabtree, this is exquisite. | 克雷布里特 这太贵重了 |
[06:51] | I cannot accept it. | 我不能接受 |
[06:52] | Please tell Mr. Lydon not to contact me again. | 请告诉莱登先生不要再找我了 |
[06:55] | I told him you are a man of convictions. | 我跟他说过 你是个立场坚定的人 |
[06:58] | Perhaps now he’ll believe me. | 也许现在他会相信了 |
[07:13] | This is ridiculous. Single stick is your hobby. | 太荒谬了 单棍是你的爱好 |
[07:15] | It’s not gonna help me solve crimes. | 又不能帮我破案 |
[07:18] | Aim for the pate. | 瞄准头顶 |
[07:20] | Good morning, Captain. | 早上好 警监 |
[07:21] | Are you in bed with a guy named Gerald Lydon? | 你是不是跟杰拉尔德·莱登扯上关系了 |
[07:24] | He tried to hire me. I declined. | 他想雇我 不过我拒绝了 |
[07:26] | Well, that’s not what he thinks. | 他可不这么想 |
[07:28] | You should get down here. He’s asking for you. | 你得过来一下 他要见你 |
[07:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:30] | I don’t know, but we just arrested him. | 不知道 不过我们刚把他逮捕了 |
[07:33] | He shot his driver– guy named Crabtree. | 他枪杀了他的司机 克雷布里特 |
[07:37] | He’s being charged with murder. | 现在被控谋杀 |
[07:47] | Lydon says he can’t remember. | 莱登说他记不起来了 |
[07:49] | His nurse witnessed the whole thing, though. | 不过他的护士目睹了一切 |
[07:52] | There was some kind of episode.. | 他貌似发病了… |
[07:53] | Yeah, well, I’ve been patient. Excuse me. | 好了 我够有耐心的了 请让开 |
[07:55] | I want to see my father! | 我想见我爸爸 |
[07:56] | No– Hey, that’s not gonna happen, okay? | 不行 这是不允许的 懂吗 |
[07:58] | Your dad killed somebody. This is a crime scene. | 你爸爸杀了人 这是凶案现场 |
[08:01] | You guys got to step back. | 你们得退后 |
[08:02] | My father is sick. | 我父亲有病 |
[08:04] | Lydon’s sons. | 莱登的儿子 |
[08:06] | They’re hands-on. | 他们很有经验 |
[08:08] | Anyway, he’s asking for you. | 总之 他要见你 |
[08:10] | Says you’re the only one he’ll see. | 他说他非你不见 |
[08:13] | Crabtree worked for me for 23 years. | 克雷布里特为我工作了23年 |
[08:17] | I know his partner; I helped them adopt their daughter. | 我认识他的另一半 还帮他们收养了女儿 |
[08:19] | I don’t know how I could think that he would hurt me. | 我不明白怎么会觉得他要伤害我 |
[08:25] | I’m-I’m having a hard time holding on | 我现在很难分清 |
[08:28] | to what’s real and what isn’t. | 事情的真假 |
[08:34] | Uh, this-this conviction | 我确信这病 |
[08:36] | that someone did this to me… | 是别人加害于我 |
[08:41] | …I don’t know where it comes from. | 我不知道怎么会有这种想法 |
[08:44] | And maybe it is a delusion, but everything in my life | 也许真是妄想 但我生活中的一切 |
[08:48] | feels so slippery, except for that. | 都显得很不可靠 除了那个想法 |
[08:51] | That feels solid. | 我对它深信不疑 |
[08:56] | Help me! | 帮帮我 |
[09:09] | Hey, why do you have the box with the bee in it? | 你怎么拿着这个装蜜蜂的盒子 |
[09:11] | We took Gerald Lydon’s case. | 我们接手了杰拉尔德·莱登的案子 |
[09:13] | We did? | 不是不接的吗 |
[09:14] | Well, frankly, I couldn’t say no to him. | 说实话 我难以拒绝他 |
[09:15] | It would have felt like denying a dying man his last wish. | 就像要拒绝垂死之人的遗愿 |
[09:19] | We are taking this home, | 我们先把这个带回家 |
[09:21] | and then we’re going to the genetics lab | 然后去那个为他确诊的 |
[09:23] | which confirmed his diagnosis. | 遗传实验室 |
[09:29] | At Watt Helix, we always say our work isn’t just about genetics. | 在瓦特遗传学实验室 我们的工作不仅围绕遗传学 |
[09:32] | It’s about healthier food. It’s about a longer life. | 还包括更健康的食品 助你延长寿命 |
[09:35] | It’s about you. | 我们要造福每一个人 |
[09:36] | Utter pabulum. | 纯粹的精神鸦片 |
[09:38] | You’d think corporate science would maintain | 这会让你觉得商业科学 |
[09:39] | some vestige of dignity. | 还残存着一丝节操 |
[09:42] | His portrait was painted by Kirian Boyd; | 他的肖像是基里安·博伊德画的 |
[09:44] | that’s impressive. | 真厉害 |
[09:46] | This place is a tower of ego. | 自负的感觉无处不在 |
[09:48] | So, you’re Sherlock Holmes? | 看来 你就是夏洛克·福尔摩斯了 |
[09:52] | And Joan Watson, right? | 你是乔恩·华生 对吧 |
[09:54] | Yes. Hi. | 没错 你好 |
[09:55] | I’m Raph Keating; I’m president here. | 我叫拉斐尔·基廷 是这里的总裁 |
[09:57] | This is Natasha Kademan. | 这位是娜塔莎·凯德曼 |
[09:59] | She heads up the medical research team. | 她领导着医疗研究小组 |
[10:00] | ‘Tash, meet Holmes and… Watson. | 小塔 跟福尔摩斯和华生问声好 |
[10:03] | Natasha Kademan. I know that name. | 娜塔莎·凯德曼 我听过这个名字 |
[10:05] | You wrote your dissertation | 你发表过一篇名为 |
[10:06] | on “The Warrior Gene”, did you not? | 《勇士基因》的专题论文 是吧 |
[10:08] | Ms. Kademan conducted a study which many say | 凯德曼女士进行了一项研究 |
[10:10] | isolated the gene responsible for sociopathic behavior. | 号称可以隔离诱发反社会行为的基因 |
[10:13] | Sterling work. | 很棒的工作 |
[10:15] | And why are you plowing these fields? | 但现在你怎么搞起这个了 |
[10:17] | My funding dried up. | 资金短缺 |
[10:19] | The receptionist said you have a question about Gerald Lydon. | 接待员说你们想了解杰拉尔德·莱登的事 |
[10:23] | Lydon thinks someone gave him CAA? | 莱登说有人害他得了CAA |
[10:28] | Did you know about this? | 你知道这事吗 |
[10:29] | Sure. He used to talk about it when he came in. | 当然 他刚来时经常挂在嘴边 |
[10:32] | It sounded… delusional. | 听起来像是妄想 |
[10:34] | And it may well be. | 可能吧 |
[10:36] | But Mr. Lydon insists that geneticists, | 但莱登先生坚持说 |
[10:38] | whose names escape him at the moment, | 某些遗传学家的话 |
[10:40] | assure him that it is technically possible. | 使他确信在技术上那是可能的 |
[10:44] | You diagnosed his condition, | 你们诊断了他的病情 |
[10:45] | your lab has researched the disease extensively. | 你们实验室对这种疾病做了全面的研究 |
[10:48] | Is it? | 可行吗 |
[10:49] | I guess if you had unlimited money, | 我想如果你们有花不完的钱 |
[10:51] | a great lab, | 和一个好的实验室 |
[10:52] | you probably could do it. | 也许的确能做到 |
[10:54] | The CAA comes from a mutation of the APP gene. | CAA来自于APP基因的变异 |
[10:57] | There may be seven people out there | 大概有七个人 |
[11:00] | that might be able to crack it. | 有能力破解这种变异 |
[11:02] | Could I have their names and addresses, please? | 可以把他们的姓名和住址给我吗 |
[11:04] | Seriously? | 你说真的 |
[11:24] | Hey, what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[11:26] | You’re a detective now; you tell me. | 你现在是侦探 你说呢 |
[11:27] | Uh, it looks like | 看来 |
[11:28] | – you left your dry cleaning ticket for me. – Yes. | -你把干洗票留给我了 -是的 |
[11:31] | The reason being… as well as being colleagues, | 理由是… 除了同事关系以外 |
[11:33] | we are now embarking on a quite unusual domestic partnership, | 我们还有一层非同寻常的家庭伙伴关系 |
[11:36] | so we should aggregate our errands, not duplicate them. | 所以家务事我们该分工合作 避免重复劳动 |
[11:40] | So, I get the dry cleaning and you get what? | 那么 我去取干洗的衣物 你呢 |
[11:43] | I shall clean our refrigerator once monthly. Agreeable? | 我会一个月清理一次冰箱 同意否 |
[11:47] | You should pick that up early. | 你最好早点取 |
[11:47] | We’re leaving for Norway tomorrow. | 我们明天要去挪威 |
[11:49] | What? | 什么 |
[11:50] | I’ve been delving into | 我深入研究了一下 |
[11:51] | our “Magnificent Seven” Geneticists, | 七大遗传学家 |
[11:53] | and I have discovered a connection | 从中发现了一个 |
[11:55] | which merits further exploration. | 值得深入挖掘的联系 |
[11:57] | This is Dr. Ingvald Moller. | 这位是因瓦德·摩勒博士 |
[12:00] | He runs a lab in Oslo, | 他在奥斯陆有家实验室 |
[12:02] | which specializes in the study | 致力于罕见的 |
[12:03] | of rare genetic disorders. | 遗传紊乱研究 |
[12:07] | He looks very… | 他看起来很像 |
[12:09] | – Scandinavian. – He does. | -斯堪的纳维亚人 -确实 |
[12:11] | Now, his lab is affiliated with the National University, | 他的实验室隶属于国立大学 |
[12:14] | which means it’s publically funded, and yet Dr. Moller | 也就是公立的 可是最近摩勒博士 |
[12:17] | recently put a down payment on a home on the Geiranger Fjord, | 在盖朗厄尔峡湾给一栋房子交了首付 |
[12:20] | which was once owned by the Norwegian royal family. | 那里曾经属于挪威皇室 |
[12:23] | Lovely place. | 很不错的地方 |
[12:24] | Well outside what a public servant could afford. | 完全不是一个公务员能负担得起的 |
[12:27] | And interestingly, his loan papers were cosigned | 有趣的是 他的借贷文件 |
[12:30] | by one Carter Lydon. | 是卡特·莱登担保的 |
[12:33] | Okay, so you think that Carter paid this guy to figure out | 好吧 你的意思是卡特花钱雇他 |
[12:36] | how to give his father CAA. Interesting. | 让他爸患上CAA 挺有意思的 |
[12:39] | But why do we have to go to Norway? | 不过我们为什么非得去挪威 |
[12:40] | Carter Lydon lives right here. | 卡特·莱登就住在这里啊 |
[12:42] | I would rather question a scientist | 我更愿意盘问一个科学家 |
[12:44] | than a businessman. | 而不是商人 |
[12:46] | And Norway has fjords and glaciers, | 而且挪威有峡湾和冰川 |
[12:48] | and women reared on a diet of wild-caught salmon. | 那里的女人都是吃野生鲑鱼长大的 |
[12:51] | Oh, that explains it. | 这才是重点吧 |
[12:54] | Looks like a molecule. | 像是个分子结构图 |
[12:58] | 未知号码 CAA是可以被诱发的 你们已经接近事物的本质了 | |
[13:01] | “The thing itself”– that’s a weird way to put it. | “事物的本质” 措辞真奇怪 |
[13:04] | The Warrior Gene. | 《勇士基因》 |
[13:06] | The Warrior Gene– where’s the dissertation? | 《勇士基因》 那篇专题论文在哪 |
[13:14] | This is Natasha Kademan’s monograph. | 这是娜塔莎·凯德曼的专论 |
[13:19] | I seem to remember something in the conclusion. | 我记得在结论里有什么来着 |
[13:27] | “When it comes to understanding sociopathic behavior, | “若要理解反社会行为 |
[13:29] | understanding the warrior gene is paramount. | 最首要的是理解勇士基因 |
[13:31] | It is the thing itself.” | 这才是事物的本质” |
[13:33] | So Natasha sent this. | 所以这个是娜塔莎发的 |
[13:35] | She knows what’s going on. | 她知道发生了什么事 |
[13:37] | 知道你是娜塔莎 想和你谈谈 会保护你 | |
[13:44] | Now she’s panicking. | 现在她很恐慌 |
[13:46] | Now she’s trying to figure out her next move. | 现在她在想下一步该怎么做 |
[13:48] | And if she’s as smart as she seems to be, | 如果她真有那么聪明 |
[13:51] | now she’s realizing we are her best option. | 现在她该意识到我们是她最好的选择 |
[13:58] | 好吧 来实验室 门禁密码0430 | |
[14:08] | Ms. Kademan? | 凯德曼女士 |
[14:12] | Hello? | 有人在吗 |
[14:30] | We found electrician’s tape covering the lock | 我们发现一个后门的锁头上 |
[14:32] | on one of the back doors. | 包着电工胶布 |
[14:33] | It looks like someone slipped in to commit a burglary, | 看来是有人溜进来行窃 |
[14:35] | found Ms. Kademan working late. | 发现凯德曼女士在加班 |
[14:37] | What were they trying to burgle, blood samples? | 他们想偷什么 血样吗 |
[14:39] | No, I think not. | 我看不是吧 |
[14:40] | Ms. Kademan’s murder was connected | 凯德曼女士的死和 |
[14:42] | to the Gerald Lydon case. | 杰拉尔德·莱登的案子有关 |
[14:44] | The Gerald Lydon case is closed. | 杰拉尔德·莱登的案子已经结案了 |
[14:47] | I’m not talking about the murder of his chauffeur. | 我不是指他司机的谋杀案 |
[14:49] | I am talking about the investigation into who gave | 我是指调查是谁 |
[14:51] | the man a substance which induced his CAA. | 给他下毒诱发CAA的事 |
[14:55] | Our most promising suspect at the moment | 目前最大的嫌疑人 |
[14:57] | is Lydon’s son, Carter. | 是莱登的儿子 卡特 |
[14:58] | CAA is inherited; you can’t just give it to somebody. | CAA是遗传病 不可能随便就让人得了 |
[15:02] | Ms. Kademan thought it was possible. | 凯德曼女士觉得这可以办到 |
[15:03] | In fact, she thought that’s exactly what happened. | 实际上 她认为事实就是如此 |
[15:06] | You believe her? | 你相信她吗 |
[15:07] | She made someone nervous enough | 她让凶手紧张得 |
[15:08] | to stab her half a dozen times. | 整整捅了她六刀 |
[15:11] | I’m inclined to explore further. | 我想再进行深入调查 |
[15:13] | I can also tell you | 我也可以告诉你 |
[15:14] | this was no robbery. | 这绝不是抢劫案 |
[15:16] | That portrait… | 那幅肖像画 |
[15:19] | was done by Kirian Boyd. | 是基里安·博伊德画的 |
[15:20] | It is by far the most valuable object in here. | 它是目前所知这间屋子里最贵重的东西 |
[15:23] | Oh, but it was until it was stained | 不过它沾上了几滴凶手的血之后 |
[15:26] | with several drops of the killer’s blood. | 价值也大打折扣 |
[15:28] | The victim’s blood is all over the place. | 这里到处都是死者的血 |
[15:30] | What makes you think that came from the killer? | 为什么你会觉得画上的血迹是凶手的 |
[15:32] | Excellent question. | 问得太好了 |
[15:35] | Watson. | 华生 你来 |
[15:42] | Well, | 那个 |
[15:44] | the spatters on the floor indicate that she was | 地上溅开的血迹形态表明 |
[15:46] | facing away from the portrait when she was stabbed. | 她在被害的的时候并不是面对着这幅画 |
[15:49] | Um, all of her wounds are on her anterior side, | 而鉴于她所有的伤口都在正面 |
[15:51] | so it’s tough to see how her blood ended up on the portrait. | 所以很难想象她的血会溅到画上 |
[15:55] | Um, now if she tried to fight back, then… | 但如果她试图反击的话 那… |
[15:58] | Then it’s easy to see how a blow to the killer’s face | 那就很容易想象对着凶手的迎面一击 |
[16:00] | might result in those stains. | 会把血溅到画上 |
[16:02] | Kudos, Watson. | 值得表扬 华生 |
[16:03] | Adequately done. | 描述得充分细致 |
[16:05] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[16:07] | ‘Tash. | 小塔 |
[16:09] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[16:10] | Victim’s fiancé? | 死者的未婚夫 |
[16:11] | Came down for the I.D.. | 过来指认尸体 |
[16:14] | I knew that she was working with a dementia patient | 我知道她在为一个叫杰拉尔德·莱登的 |
[16:16] | named Gerald Lydon, but ‘Tash never told me | 痴呆症病人治疗 但小塔从没告诉过我 |
[16:19] | that she thought somebody dosed him. | 她认为是有人对他下毒 |
[16:23] | I’m-I’m a geneticist, too, so I’m pretty sure | 我也是遗传学家 所以我肯定 |
[16:25] | she would’ve said something. | 如果她有发现一定会告诉我 |
[16:29] | Honestly, I thought you were gonna ask me | 老实说 我还以为你们会问我 |
[16:30] | about that guy Benny. | 那个叫本尼的人 |
[16:32] | Benny? | 本尼 |
[16:35] | Cordaro? | 科达罗 |
[16:37] | Cordero? | 还是科德罗来着 |
[16:39] | He was in prison for stabbing someone | 他在小塔研究勇士基因期间 |
[16:41] | when ‘Tash was doing her warrior gene research. | 因为故意伤人罪入狱 |
[16:44] | He claimed that she used his blood without permission. | 他声称她未经允许就使用了他的血样 |
[16:47] | He came down here, like, a month ago to scream at her. | 他大概一个月之前来这里 对她大吼大叫 |
[16:51] | Well, we’ll look into it. | 好的 我们会跟进调查的 |
[17:06] | Oh, I haven’t seen those since organic chem. | 上完有机化学课后 我就再没见过那些模型 |
[17:10] | Natasha thought you could induce CAA. | 娜塔莎认为CAA可以人为诱发 |
[17:11] | You think that’s how you do it? | 所以你才摆弄这些模型吗 |
[17:13] | Certainly seems possible. | 看来完全有可能 |
[17:15] | But this– Oh, don’t touch. | 但这… 别乱碰 |
[17:17] | Obviously, this is a rendering of a molecule, | 显然 这是一种分子的结构示意图 |
[17:20] | but the elements aren’t labeled, so I can’t tell which molecule. | 但元素并没有标注 所以我不知道是哪种分子 |
[17:23] | Until I do, I can’t say for certain. | 在我知道之前 我还不能肯定 |
[17:25] | Well, she did give you a list of the best geneticists | 她不是给了你一份全球最顶尖的遗传学家名单 |
[17:27] | in the world; have you thought about asking one of them? | 你不能找他们其中一个问问吗 |
[17:30] | You mean our pool of suspects? | 你是说去问我们的嫌疑人吗 |
[17:33] | Hmm. If I haven’t decoded this thing by morning, | 要是明早我还没破译这个示意图 |
[17:36] | we’ll send it to someone unconnected with the case. | 我们就去找个和案子无关的人问问 |
[17:59] | I worked hard on that dinosaur. | 我费了好大劲才搭好那个怪物 |
[18:04] | I spent some time with that picture Natasha sent last night. | 昨晚我研究了一下娜塔莎发来的那张图片 |
[18:07] | I figured out most of the elements, | 我推测出了大部分的元素构成 |
[18:08] | and then the rest I sent on to my old genetics professor. | 剩下的我请教了以前的遗传学教授 |
[18:11] | In the middle of the night? | 大半夜去请教 |
[18:12] | Well, he has insomnia, so he’s always up | 他有失眠 反正两点到四点 |
[18:13] | 2:00 and 4:00 anyway. | 也总是睡不着 |
[18:16] | You were romantically involved | 你和你的遗传学老师 |
[18:17] | with your genetics instructor. | 关系不一般啊 |
[18:20] | Jerry was amazed by this. | 杰瑞对这张图很是惊讶 |
[18:21] | He said it was like looking at something | 他说感觉就像在看 |
[18:22] | out of Leonardo da Vinci’s sketchbook. | 列奥纳多·达芬奇的写生簿 |
[18:25] | It’s a man-made chemical | 这是多环烃族的 |
[18:26] | from the polycyclic hydrocarbon family. | 一种人工合成化合物 |
[18:30] | It’s like we thought. | 就如我们所想 |
[18:31] | This is a mutagen | 这是一种能够 |
[18:33] | that targets the stretch of the genome | 诱导控制遗传性CAA的 |
[18:34] | that is responsible for hereditary CAA. | 基因组突变的诱变剂 |
[18:39] | That’s quite beautiful. | 干得真漂亮 |
[18:41] | So, | 所以 |
[18:41] | all we have to do now is prove | 我们现在只要能证明有人 |
[18:43] | that someone paid a genius to develop this | 花钱请了一位天才开发了这种物质 |
[18:44] | and then used it on Gerald Lydon. | 并把它用在了杰拉尔德·莱登身上就行了 |
[18:47] | That should be a fascinating day’s work. | 那真是让人着迷的工作 |
[18:50] | It’s cold. Did you pick up my sweaters? | 好冷 你去取了我的毛衣吗 |
[18:52] | Seriously? | 你说真的吗 |
[18:53] | I will thank you for the molecular formula | 等我足够暖和了之后 |
[18:54] | when I’m sufficiently warm to do so. | 会为分子式的事向你道谢的 |
[19:11] | Hi. | 你好 |
[19:23] | She say, “Wait one second, almost commercial”. | 她说”等一会 马上放广告了” |
[19:46] | She say she never seen you before. | 她说以前没见过你 |
[19:48] | Uh, I’m here for a friend. | 是啊 我是替朋友取衣服 |
[19:50] | Wow, that’s quite a coat. | 那件大衣真厚实 |
[19:52] | It’s warm. | 也很保暖 |
[19:59] | 来自夏洛克 警局见 本尼找到了 | |
[20:04] | Um, don’t you want money? | 你不收钱吗 |
[20:12] | She says $75. | 她说75块 |
[20:15] | For four sweaters? | 四件毛衣就要这么多 |
[20:16] | Okay, $19 then. | 好吧 那19块 |
[20:29] | Um, could I get a receipt? | 可以给我一张收据吗 |
[20:30] | No. | 不可以 |
[20:38] | So, Benny, you’re saying | 本尼 你说 |
[20:39] | you were mad at Ms. Kademan. | 你对凯德曼女士很恼火 |
[20:41] | Hell yeah, I was mad at her. | 没错 我对她很恼火 |
[20:44] | I signed up for her study to get brownie points | 我报名参加了她的研究 |
[20:46] | with the parole board. | 为假释赢点印象分 |
[20:47] | She called me an incurable sociopath. | 她说我是无药可救的反社会分子 |
[20:49] | You think that didn’t add time to my sentence? | 那不是摆明了要让老子加刑吗 |
[20:51] | So you went to Ms. Kademan’s office a few weeks ago | 所以你在几周前去凯德曼的办公室威胁她 |
[20:54] | to threaten her, and last night you killed her. | 然后在昨晚杀了她 |
[20:57] | No. | 我没有 |
[20:58] | You don’t have an alibi. | 你没有不在场证明 |
[21:01] | Yeah, but it wasn’t like that. | 没错 但我没干过 |
[21:03] | What’s with Main Moon Dry Cleaning? | 那个主要月亮干洗店是怎么回事 |
[21:05] | I’ll admit the new management is not much for efficiency, | 我承认新的经营模式不够高效 |
[21:08] | but I find them charming. | 不过我觉得挺有意思 |
[21:10] | That’s Benjamin Cordero. | 那个就是本杰明·科德罗 |
[21:13] | Career blackmailer, general blackguard. | 职业敲诈犯 典型的流氓 |
[21:15] | Also innocent of the murder of Natasha Kademan, | 但不是杀害娜塔莎·凯德曼的凶手 |
[21:18] | which I would very much like to get back to solving. | 所以我又要重新推理了 |
[21:20] | We don’t need your DNA, genius. | 我们不需要你的DNA 自作聪明的家伙 |
[21:23] | You’re a convicted felon. | 你是个有前科的罪犯 |
[21:24] | We got a sample on file. | 我们有你的样本记录 |
[21:32] | 来自夏洛克 是反社会分子 但不是凶手 | |
[21:35] | 来自夏洛克·福尔摩斯 是反社会分子 但不是凶手 | |
[21:39] | Which means you got a very short window | 给你考虑是否和我们合作的 |
[21:41] | to cooperate with us. | 时机非常短暂 |
[21:51] | So, you want to make a statement? | 所以 你有什么要说的吗 |
[21:54] | You delay, but time will not! | 你可以拖延 但时不我待 |
[22:02] | That’s a quote– | 那是引用名人名言 |
[22:02] | – Benjamin Franklin. – I know who said it. | -本杰明·富兰克林说的 -我知道是谁说的 |
[22:05] | I just don’t know why you’re shouting it through the mirror! | 我只是不知道你为什么要在镜子后面吼 |
[22:07] | This crime has a certain elegance to it. | 这个案子是经过精心设计的 |
[22:09] | It involves careful planning, scientific innovation, | 它包括周密的计划 科学的研究 |
[22:11] | a country home in the Norwegian Fjords. | 还有挪威峡湾的乡间基地 |
[22:13] | That prosaic individual has no place in it. | 那个凡夫俗子不可能有这个本事 |
[22:15] | He had beef with Natasha Kademan. | 他和凯德曼有过节 |
[22:17] | He’s been to jail for a stabbing. | 还因为伤人罪被判刑 |
[22:18] | Okay by you if we run his DNA? | 我们查一下他的DNA你没有意见吧 |
[22:21] | It’s not my place to tell you your job. | 我没资格指导你的工作 |
[22:24] | But by the time you get your results back, | 但等你们拿到检测结果的时候 |
[22:26] | I will be that much closer to proving that someone, | 我已经离发现真凶更进一步了 |
[22:28] | most probably Carter Lydon working in concert | 最有嫌疑的是卡特·莱登 |
[22:31] | with a Norwegian geneticist, | 他和一个挪威遗传学家合作 |
[22:32] | poisoned Gerald Lydon with a hitherto | 用一种迄今为止不为人知的化合物 |
[22:34] | nonexistent compound | 毒害了杰拉尔德·莱登 |
[22:35] | and then murdered Natasha Kademan | 在娜塔莎·凯德曼发现 |
[22:36] | when she found out what they were up to. | 他们的计划后 杀了她 |
[22:38] | Oh, I take it back. | 我收回我刚才的话 |
[22:39] | Your version sounds much more plausible. | 你的观点听起来更合理 |
[22:44] | Sorry, you think there’s actually something | 你们认为我父亲的事 |
[22:45] | to my dad’s story? | 另有蹊跷吗 |
[22:46] | We do. | 是的 |
[22:48] | And we think that elements within the company | 我们认为公司内部的一些事情 |
[22:50] | may be responsible. | 可能与其有关 |
[22:52] | Elements? What elements? | 事情 什么事情 |
[22:54] | I’d rather not say. | 我还不能说 |
[22:55] | What I would like | 我希望 |
[22:56] | is root access to your company’s servers. | 得到进入公司服务器的权利 |
[22:59] | We may be able to build a case by tracking e-mails. | 这样也许能通过追踪邮件找出问题 |
[23:01] | Uh, I mean, I don’t know if I can do that, guys. | 我不知道我能否帮到你们 |
[23:05] | I mean, there are big changes coming here. | 公司正在进行大范围调整 |
[23:06] | I don’t even know what job I’m gonna have next week. | 我都不知道下周我的工作会是什么 |
[23:08] | Your job? We’re talking about your father. | 你的工作 我们在说你父亲的事 |
[23:11] | My father doesn’t need your help. | 我父亲不需要你们的帮助 |
[23:14] | That’s for him to determine. | 这由他说了算 |
[23:15] | – Thanks for your text. – Mm-hmm. | -谢谢你的短信 -不客气 |
[23:17] | And actually, it’s not my dad’s decision. | 事实上 这不是我父亲的决定 |
[23:19] | He was declared legally incompetent this morning. | 今早他已被诊断为无行为能力的人 |
[23:22] | Your services are no longer needed. | 你们的服务结束了 |
[23:24] | Get out. | 出去 |
[23:25] | Actually, our contract with your father calls | 事实上 我们和你父亲的合同规定 |
[23:27] | for termination in writing, countersigned by both parties. | 服务关系终止需要双方签字的书面证明 |
[23:35] | Sign here. | 签在这里 |
[23:38] | It worked. | 有效果 |
[23:39] | The thing with the termination letter. | 那张终止合作的纸 |
[23:41] | I mean, obviously we don’t even have | 尽管我们并没有和 |
[23:42] | a contract with Gerald Lydon, | 杰拉尔德·莱登签合同 |
[23:44] | but I noticed that Carter bites his nails. | 但我发现卡特有咬指甲的习惯 |
[23:47] | People who bite their nails tend | 喜欢咬指甲的人也会 |
[23:48] | to chew writing implements as well. | 有咬笔头的习惯 |
[23:50] | Well, he never asked for it back. | 他没把笔要回去 |
[23:52] | You know, maybe we can get a DNA sample. | 所以我们可以从笔上提取DNA样本 |
[23:54] | If he killed Natasha, then we’ve got him. | 如果他是凶手 我们就有证据了 |
[23:57] | I just need a plastic bag. | 我只是需要一个证物袋 |
[23:59] | Not a bad gambit, Watson, though a hair sample would be better. | 是个不错的开始 华生 但头发样本更好 |
[24:02] | A hair sample? | 头发样本 |
[24:04] | What do you want from me? | 你想让我做什么 |
[24:04] | Nothing. I have a sample already. | 没什么 我已经有样本了 |
[24:06] | Carter, like many people who slick their hair back, | 和大多数向后梳头发的人一样 |
[24:10] | carries a comb, so I picked his pockets. | 卡特随身带着梳子 我偷来了 |
[24:14] | If you want to be a detective, | 如果你想成为一名侦探 |
[24:14] | you should get in the habit of carrying evidence bags. | 就该养成随时带证物袋的习惯 |
[24:24] | Detective Bell. | 贝尔警探 |
[24:25] | We may well have cracked the case. | 我们可能很快就能破案了 |
[24:27] | Benny Cordero’s DNA came back a match | 本尼·科德罗的DNA |
[24:30] | for the blood at the scene. | 和犯罪现场的血液相吻合 |
[24:32] | I hate to burst your bubble, | 可能要让你扫兴了 |
[24:33] | but we’re booking him for murder. | 但我们已经定罪了 |
[24:41] | Blood. No way, no how. | 现场有我的血迹 不可能 |
[24:44] | It’s not even possible. | 这不可能 |
[24:45] | Look, we test 13 different genetic markers. | 我们检测了13组基因标记 |
[24:47] | Every single one of them was a perfect match. | 每一个都和现场血迹完全吻合 |
[24:49] | Then somebody set me up. | 那就是有人陷害我 |
[24:51] | Look, I know this looks bad. | 我知道这看起来像我干的 |
[24:53] | Doesn’t look like anything. | 不是看起来 |
[24:55] | We know what happened. | 我们知道发生了什么 |
[24:57] | It’s over. | 案件结束了 |
[24:59] | W-What if I did have an alibi? | 如果我有不在场证据呢 |
[25:05] | I live in this courtyard building, | 我住的地方是庭院式建筑 |
[25:07] | and the couple across the way, | 住在对面的夫妻 |
[25:08] | they don’t close their blinds that much. | 不怎么拉窗帘 |
[25:11] | I notice stuff | 我发现 |
[25:12] | with the husband and the nanny. | 丈夫和保姆偷情 |
[25:15] | Just holding hands first, then some kissing. | 先是拉着手 之后是接吻 |
[25:18] | So the night the Kademan lady got killed, | 凯德曼被杀那晚 |
[25:21] | I got my camera out, I put the zoom lens on. | 我拿出照相机 安上变焦镜头 |
[25:23] | So you’re saying your alibi is that you were home, | 所以你的不在场证据是你在家 |
[25:27] | taking blackmail shots of one of your neighbors? | 偷拍你的邻居 想用此敲诈他们 |
[25:30] | Well… yeah. | 就 是啊 |
[25:38] | Are these the same sweaters I picked up yesterday? | 这是我昨天取回来的毛衣吗 |
[25:41] | You’re a detective now. You tell me. | 你现在是个侦探 你告诉我 |
[25:44] | Yes, same sweaters. | 是的 一样的毛衣 |
[25:46] | You left them outside my room by accident? | 你是碰巧丢在我门口的吗 |
[25:48] | I was setting up to practice my calligraphy | 我刚拆开干洗的衣服时 |
[25:50] | at the same time i was unpacking the dry cleaning. | 正在准备练习书法的用具 |
[25:51] | There was a mishap. | 不小心弄脏了 |
[25:53] | We agreed that you were in charge of the dry cleaning, | 我们同意由你负责干洗问题 |
[25:54] | but we didn’t say how often you’d have to go. | 但并没说你多久要做一次 |
[25:57] | Fine, well, I’m picking another place. | 好吧 我换一家干洗店 |
[25:59] | When they’re your clothes, | 如果是你的衣服 |
[26:00] | you’re free to go wherever you like. | 你随意选干洗店 |
[26:02] | My clothes have to go to Main Moon. | 我的衣服一定要送到主要月亮去 |
[26:04] | I’m sensitive to the chemicals in dry cleaning, | 我对于干洗用的化学剂很敏感 |
[26:05] | and they use only the gentlest emollients. | 他家用的是最温和的柔顺剂 |
[26:07] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[26:08] | Now, as much as I love dry cleaning, | 现在 尽管我喜欢干洗这个话题 |
[26:10] | I’m trying to get some thinking done. | 但我正在想别的问题 |
[26:13] | Oh, so you still think Benny Cordero didn’t kill Natasha? | 你还是不相信凶手是本尼·科德罗 |
[26:16] | Never mind the fact that no one plans a blackmail | 首先 没有人能在同一个晚上 |
[26:18] | and commits murder on the same evening, | 计划勒索和谋杀两件事情 |
[26:20] | the man has no connection to the Lydons, | 其次 这人和莱登家族没有联系 |
[26:23] | and his supposed victim | 而受害者 |
[26:24] | texted us the formula for inducing CAA | 在被刺前20分钟 |
[26:26] | and got stabbed 20 minutes later. | 将诱发CAA的分子结构发给了我们 |
[26:28] | Can’t be a coincidence. | 这不可能是巧合 |
[26:30] | I’m trying to think of alternative explanations. | 我在思考其他解释 |
[26:33] | Possibility one | 解释一 |
[26:35] | is obvious, which is why Mr. Cordero | 很明显 就像科德罗 |
[26:37] | put it forth himself. | 辩解的那样 |
[26:39] | Someone got ahold of his blood | 有人拿到了他的血液样本 |
[26:40] | and then planted it at the crime scene. | 把它布置在案发现场 |
[26:42] | Not unheard of, | 也不是没发生过 |
[26:43] | but also an investigative dead end. | 但是无法继续追查 |
[26:45] | I can’t prove that it didn’t happen. | 我不能证明这事没有发生过 |
[26:48] | I get absolutely nowhere looking into it. | 完全无从下手 |
[26:50] | There’s no evidence that anyone other than Benny Cordero | 没有证据表明当晚除了本尼·科德罗 |
[26:53] | was at Watt Helix that night, | 还有人在瓦特遗传学实验室出现 |
[26:54] | which is why I’m considering possibility two. | 我从这个角度思考第二种可能性 |
[26:58] | It’s blank. | 纸上是空白的 |
[26:59] | Possibility two has stubbornly refused to reveal itself. | 解释二一直不愿意现身 |
[27:03] | Well, keep staring at the wall. | 继续盯着墙看吧 |
[27:05] | I’m sure it’s hiding in there somewhere. | 它也许藏在某个地方呢 |
[27:16] | Hi again. | 你好 |
[27:19] | Little accident with the sweaters. | 干洗毛衣 |
[27:23] | Slow day yesterday? | 昨天生意不好吗 |
[27:34] | She say, “Why you ask that?” | 她问你为什么这么问 |
[27:37] | So she understands English, she just doesn’t speak it? | 她能听懂英语但不会说吗 |
[27:42] | I’m only asking because, uh, | 我问是因为 |
[27:44] | that mink coat is in the same exact place | 那件貂皮大衣挂的地方跟 |
[27:45] | it was yesterday, so that means | 我昨天来时一样 也就是说 |
[27:47] | that hasn’t been turned on since I left. | 我走后一直没生意 |
[27:59] | She say, “Slow day yesterday.” | 她说昨天生意不好 |
[28:03] | Do dry cleaners get robbed a lot? | 干洗店经常被抢吗 |
[28:06] | I just noticed that you have | 我只是发现 |
[28:07] | six very expensive security cameras here | 你店里有六个很昂贵的摄像头 |
[28:09] | and then two more at the front door. | 门口还有两个 |
[28:12] | Seems like a lot. | 似乎太多了点 |
[28:14] | They came when we buy place. | 我们买下这个地方的时候就有了 |
[28:15] | Problem? | 有问题吗 |
[28:16] | No, that’s not… | 没有 |
[28:18] | That’s not a problem. | 没问题 |
[28:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:26] | I figured it out. | 我明白了 |
[28:28] | I-I’m sorry to interrupt, | 不好意思打扰一下 |
[28:29] | um, but I know exactly what you were up to. | 但我知道你的目的是什么了 |
[28:31] | I sincerely doubt that. | 我表示怀疑 |
[28:32] | Would you excuse us for a moment? | 能给我们几分钟吗 |
[28:34] | There is a reason why you keep sending me to Main Moon. | 你不断让我去主要月亮是有原因的 |
[28:36] | They don’t do any business, they don’t even know | 他们根本不做生意 他们不知道 |
[28:37] | how much to charge, and they have a load of security cameras. | 收多少钱 他们还有很多摄像头 |
[28:40] | There’s definitely something going on. | 里面一定有猫腻 |
[28:41] | Watson, I admire your enthusiasm. | 华生 我很欣赏你的热情 |
[28:42] | I have no idea what you’re on about. | 但我不知道你在说什么 |
[28:44] | You wanted me to notice. | 你想让我注意到 |
[28:46] | I wanted my sweaters. | 我想要我的毛衣 |
[28:48] | Now, I know I have counseled you to be alert, | 尽管我建议你警觉一点 |
[28:50] | but that doesn’t mean that there is a conspiracy lurking | 并不是说每件事情后 |
[28:52] | behind every door. | 都有阴谋 |
[28:54] | Okay, so what are you up to then? | 好吧 那你在做什么 |
[28:57] | After you went to bed, I spent a good hour | 在你去睡觉之后 我花了整整一小时 |
[28:59] | trying to reckon how an innocent man’s blood | 想要弄明白 为什么一个无辜的人的血 |
[29:01] | could wind up at the scene of a murder | 会跑到谋杀现场去 |
[29:02] | if it wasn’t planted there. | 如果不是故意布置在那的话 |
[29:05] | Then I remembered something that you said. | 然后我想起你提过的一些事 |
[29:07] | The late Mrs. Kademan gave us a list | 已故的凯德曼小姐曾给过我们一份 |
[29:09] | of the top geneticists in the world. | 世界顶尖遗传学者的名单 |
[29:11] | Why not ask them? | 为什么不问问他们呢 |
[29:13] | Everyone, say hello to Miss Watson. | 各位 向华生小姐问好 |
[29:16] | Hi. | 你好 |
[29:17] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[29:18] | I left Dr. Moller from Norway off the list. | 我把挪威的摩勒教授从名单中除掉了 |
[29:21] | Now, the others were a bit confused at first, | 现在 其他人刚开始都有点迷惑 |
[29:23] | but after I posed the problem to them, | 但当我把问题告诉他们后 |
[29:25] | we had quite a lively discussion, didn’t we? | 我们进行了激烈的讨论 对吗 |
[29:28] | Yes. | 没错 |
[29:29] | Turns out, there is another possibility. | 我们发现 还有另外一种可能性 |
[29:33] | Jurgi, would you please explain your breakthrough | 尤尔吉 可以请你向华生小姐解释下 |
[29:35] | to Miss Watson? | 你的重大突破吗 |
[29:37] | It’s quite simple, really, though I should give you | 这实际上非常简单 但是我应该给你 |
[29:40] | a grounding in cellular biology. | 补充些细胞生物学的基础知识 |
[29:42] | Another time perhaps, Jurgi. Actually, you know what, | 也许下次吧 尤尔吉 实际上 |
[29:44] | I’ll call you all back. Thank you. | 我会再打给你们 多谢 |
[29:47] | He’s a brilliant man, a little bit long-winded. | 他确实才华横溢 但也有点絮叨 |
[29:49] | Gist of it is: law enforcement runs | 要点如下 执法机关会进行 |
[29:51] | a standard DNA test | 一个标准DNA测试 |
[29:53] | called STR analysis. | 叫做STR分析 |
[29:54] | It’s actually a bit imprecise. | 它实际上不是很准确 |
[29:56] | It tests 13 loci against each other, | 它只比对十三组基因座 |
[29:59] | when there are countless possibilities. | 但其实还有其他无数种可能性 |
[30:02] | All assembled agree that technology has advanced | 我们所有人都认为现在科技已经足够发达 |
[30:05] | to the point where you could manufacture | 发达到可以制造出 |
[30:07] | a match of 13 loci. | 匹配的十三组基因座 |
[30:09] | So you’re saying you can fake a DNA sample? | 所以你是说你可以伪造DNA样本 |
[30:12] | All you would need is access to a top-tier lab | 你所需要的是能够使用顶级实验室的设备 |
[30:14] | and access to someone’s genetic code. | 并搞到什么人的遗传密码 |
[30:16] | And I’m not just saying that you could do it, | 而且我并不是说你可以做到这件事 |
[30:19] | I just regathered my round table to tell them | 我刚刚重新组织了圆桌会议并告知他们 |
[30:21] | that in this case, someone did do it. | 在这个案子里 有人确实这么做了 |
[30:24] | How could you possibly know that? | 你怎么可能知道呢 |
[30:27] | I called in a favor | 我请法医官的 |
[30:28] | from the medical examiner’s DNA lab. | DNA实验室帮了个小忙 |
[30:31] | They provided a sample of the blood found | 他们提供了一份在娜塔莎·凯德曼 |
[30:33] | at the scene of Natasha Kademan’s murder | 谋杀现场发现的血液样本 |
[30:35] | for a full workup. | 来做一个全面检测 |
[30:36] | A friend of Jurgi’s at Columbia handled the analysis. | 尤尔吉一个在哥伦比亚的朋友做了分析 |
[30:39] | All 13 loci tested in STR analysis | STR分析里所检测的十三组基因座 |
[30:42] | were a perfect match for Benny Cordero, | 与本尼·科德罗完全匹配 |
[30:45] | but there were no other loci at all in the sample. | 但在这份样本里完全没有其他任何基因座 |
[30:51] | So you’re saying someone stripped a blood sample | 所以你是说有人从血液样本中 |
[30:53] | of its genetic material | 把遗传物质分离出来 |
[30:54] | and then created a match for the loci | 然后将那些他们知道警方会检查的 |
[30:56] | they knew the police would check? | 基因座改造成与某人匹配的样子 |
[30:58] | Only a geneticist would be able to carry that out. | 这只有遗传学家才有可能完成 |
[31:01] | It seems like everyone connected to this case is a geneticist. | 看起来所有与本案相关的人都是遗传学家 |
[31:04] | But only one pointed us in the direction | 但只有一个人一开始将我们的注意力 |
[31:06] | of Benny Cordero in the first place. | 转移到了本尼·科德罗身上 |
[31:10] | So, this morning, my consultant | 今天早上 我的顾问 |
[31:11] | marches into my office | 冲进我的办公室 |
[31:12] | and says the damndest thing. | 告诉我一件愚蠢至极的事 |
[31:14] | He thinks it’s possible to manufacture a DNA sample. | 他认为DNA样品是有可能被人为制造的 |
[31:19] | Thing is, he was right. | 而且 他一点都没错 |
[31:23] | The blood that we found | 在你未婚妻谋杀现场 |
[31:25] | at the scene of your fiancee’s murder, | 找到的血迹 |
[31:28] | it didn’t belong to Benny Cordero. | 并不属于本尼·科德罗 |
[31:31] | It was just designed to look that way. | 它只是被设计成看起来是他的而已 |
[31:34] | Well, that sounds kind of crazy. | 这听起来有点疯狂吧 |
[31:36] | Now, you work for Ubient Pharmaceuticals, right? | 你在尤比安特制药工作 对吗 |
[31:41] | I bet they have nice labs. | 我打赌他们一定有很棒的实验室 |
[31:42] | What are you saying? | 你到底想说什么 |
[31:43] | Paul, come on. | 保罗 别装了 |
[31:45] | We know the sample was faked. | 我们知道那样品是伪造的 |
[31:48] | We know you pointed us | 也知道是你最先让我们 |
[31:49] | at Benny Cordero in the first place. | 注意本尼·科德罗的 |
[31:51] | We know you had access to his genetic makeup | 还有你可以通过你的未婚妻 |
[31:53] | via your fiancee. | 接触到他的基因组成 |
[31:55] | We know your employer | 还知道你的老板 |
[31:56] | has probably the top lab in the city. | 拥有可能是市里最好的实验室 |
[31:59] | We also have a pretty good idea | 而且我们还非常清楚 |
[32:01] | of the equipment you’d need to manufacture | 制造冒牌DNA样品你需要 |
[32:03] | a fake DNA sample. | 哪些设备 |
[32:05] | Now, we can get a court order to look at it, | 现在 我们可以拿到法院指令去检查 |
[32:07] | but as it turns out, we don’t need to. | 但是后来发现 我们并不需要 |
[32:09] | We shared everything | 我们把所知道的信息 |
[32:11] | we know with your bosses. | 跟你的老板分享了一下 |
[32:12] | They gave us access. | 他们直接给了我们权限 |
[32:14] | Our crime scene unit is processing the lab | 此时此刻犯罪现场小组正在搜查 |
[32:16] | as we speak. | 实验室 |
[32:17] | You may think you’ve covered your tracks, | 你也许认为你将痕迹都藏好了 |
[32:20] | but if you made the sample there, | 但如果你是在那制作的样品 |
[32:22] | we’ll find it. | 我们一定会找出来的 |
[32:28] | Why did you murder your fiancee? | 你为什么要杀死你的未婚妻 |
[32:40] | Right after we got engaged, | 就在我们订婚之后 |
[32:42] | ‘Tash and I had complete genetic workups done. | 小塔和我完成了完整的基因诊断方法 |
[32:46] | Natasha asked them to check | 娜塔莎要求他们检查 |
[32:47] | us both for the warrior gene, | 我们两个有没有勇士基因 |
[32:48] | the gene that she isolated in her research– | 就是那种她在研究中分离出来的 |
[32:51] | just being thorough. | 只是谨慎起见 |
[32:56] | Turns out, I have it. | 结果发现 我有那基因 |
[33:00] | My DNA says I’m a sociopath. | 我的DNA说明我是一个反社会人格 |
[33:04] | She said it wouldn’t change anything, but… | 她说这并不会改变什么 但是 |
[33:06] | I could feel her pulling away. | 我能感觉到她在逐渐疏远 |
[33:10] | Then the late-night phone calls started, | 然后就开始半夜打电话 |
[33:12] | the long hours at work. | 长时间的工作 |
[33:14] | She was moving on. | 她继续她的生活 |
[33:16] | Moving on and stepping out. | 慢慢远离我的生活 |
[33:19] | You think she was cheating on you? | 你认为她对你不忠吗 |
[33:21] | A guy knows. | 我很肯定 |
[33:22] | And I even had a name. | 而且我连名字都知道了 |
[33:24] | Lincoln Dunwoody. | 林肯·邓伍迪 |
[33:28] | I knew that she was planning to leave, | 我知道她想要离开 |
[33:30] | and she doesn’t get to make that call. | 但这不是由她说了算的 |
[33:33] | So you’re saying you murdered her out of jealousy? | 所以你是说你因为吃醋而杀了她 |
[33:37] | I guess I knew for a while that it was gonna end like this. | 我想我早就想到事情会这样收场 |
[33:41] | That’s why I made the blood. | 所以我才制作了血液样本 |
[33:43] | But last Tuesday, | 但是上周二 |
[33:45] | she called to cancel our dinner date | 她打电话来取消我们的晚餐约会 |
[33:48] | on my birthday. | 就在我生日当天 |
[33:52] | That was it. | 我忍不下去了 |
[33:53] | So where does Carter Lydon fit in? | 就是这时卡特·莱登介入的吗 |
[33:56] | The formula for inducing hereditary CAA? | 为诱发遗传性CAA而制定的方案 |
[33:59] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[34:01] | I’m talking about the plan to poison Gerald Lydon. | 我说的是毒害杰拉尔德·莱登的计划 |
[34:04] | Look, I killed ‘Tash. | 是我杀的小塔 |
[34:06] | Okay? I am telling you that. | 行吗 我全坦白 |
[34:08] | But I don’t know how to induce CAA. | 但我不知道怎么诱发CAA |
[34:12] | I don’t even remember what it stands for. | 我甚至不记得它是什么的缩写 |
[34:29] | I caught most of the Reeves stuff from the bullpen, | 里夫斯的事我在犯人候审处听了个大概 |
[34:31] | then Bell filled me in on the rest. | 贝尔也把余下的告诉我了 |
[34:35] | Look, I know you thought it was all connected | 我知道你觉得所有这些都是有联系的 |
[34:37] | and that finding Natasha’s killer | 而找出杀害娜塔莎的凶手 |
[34:39] | was gonna help explain | 将有助于我们弄明白 |
[34:41] | what happened to Gerald Lydon, | 发生在杰拉尔德·莱登身上的事 |
[34:42] | but it didn’t work out that way. | 但事情并不总随人愿 |
[34:44] | But we do have a murderer in custody, | 但我们确实拘留了一个杀人犯 |
[34:47] | and you got around a fake DNA sample. | 而且你也解决了伪造DNA样品的问题 |
[34:50] | Strange name. | 很奇怪的名字 |
[34:52] | Did you know there’s no one called Lincoln Dunwoody | 你知不知道在整个纽约都没有一个 |
[34:54] | in the whole of New York? | 叫林肯·邓伍迪的人 |
[34:57] | At first, I thought Natasha Kademan’s | 起初 我以为娜塔莎·凯德曼的 |
[34:58] | paramour was using a fake name for their affair. | 情夫在与她交往时使用了假名 |
[35:02] | But… | 但是 |
[35:05] | …when you separate the two names, | 如果你将这两个名字分开 |
[35:06] | treat them as two surnames rather than | 把他们看成是两个姓而不是 |
[35:09] | one nonexistent person, | 一个并不存在的人的话 |
[35:11] | you get a very interesting result. | 你会得到一个很有趣的结论 |
[35:15] | This Lincoln family | 这个林肯家族 |
[35:16] | has a long history of generous philanthropy. | 在慷慨的慈善事业上有着悠久的历史 |
[35:19] | So, too, does this Dunwoody family. | 而且 邓伍迪家族也是一样 |
[35:23] | The Lincoln family’s patriarch is James Lincoln. | 林肯家族的元老是詹姆士·林肯 |
[35:26] | He recently retired | 他最近退休了 |
[35:27] | after a sudden and unexpected diagnosis | 在很突然并出人意料得被诊断为 |
[35:30] | of cerebral amyloid angiopathy. | 大脑淀粉样血管病之后 |
[35:34] | There’s no history of the disease in his family. | 他没有任何该病的家庭病史 |
[35:39] | That is weird. | 这确实很奇怪 |
[35:40] | I don’t think Natasha Kademan was having an affair at all. | 我根本不认为娜塔莎·凯德曼在偷情 |
[35:43] | I think she was trying to expose a plot to poison these men. | 我认为她是在试着揭露毒害这些人的阴谋 |
[35:46] | Well, you only know of two cases, right? | 但你只知道两个例子 不是吗 |
[35:48] | I mean, CAA is incredibly rare, | 我是说 CAA确实极为罕见 |
[35:51] | but that could be just a coincidence. | 但这也很可能只是巧合 |
[35:53] | What if there was a third person stricken? | 假如还有第三个中招的人呢 |
[35:56] | Is there? | 有吗 |
[35:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:59] | But I do know that a woman called Greta Dunwoody | 但是我的确知道一名叫格蕾塔·邓伍迪的 |
[36:03] | recently retired as president of her family’s foundation. | 女人刚刚以家族基金会的董事长身份退休 |
[36:06] | She’s dropped off the society pages, | 她突然很少露面公众活动 |
[36:08] | and no one is quite sure what’s happened to her. | 也没知道到底发生了什么事 |
[36:10] | Well, we need to find her. | 我们得找到她 |
[36:11] | Apparently, the family’s keeping shtum. | 显然其家人对其三缄其口 |
[36:14] | But read the list of grants. | 但是读读这个捐款清单 |
[36:19] | Well, they just donated $20 million to St. Bede’s Hospital. | 他们刚刚向圣比德医院捐了两千万美元 |
[36:24] | If she was sick, I would say | 如果她生病了 我觉得 |
[36:25] | that would be a good place to start looking. | 可以从那里开始找她 |
[36:44] | Ms. Dunwoody? | 邓伍迪女士 |
[36:47] | They told us we’d find you in here. | 他们说能在这里找到你 |
[36:50] | Um… these are for you. | 这些是给你的 |
[36:52] | They’re beautiful. | 它们真漂亮 |
[36:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:58] | You’re not my son, are you? | 你不是我儿子吧 对吗 |
[37:00] | No, we… we just thought we’d check in on you. | 不 我们只是想来看看你 |
[37:04] | Oh, that’s nice. | 你们人真好 |
[37:07] | Do you mind if I practice? | 你不介意我练习吧 |
[37:09] | I have to keep practicing | 如果我想进入茱莉亚音乐学院的话 |
[37:10] | if I want to get into Juilliard. | 就得多多练习 |
[37:18] | Amazing. | 厉害 |
[37:20] | The brain decays, but muscle memory remains. | 大脑衰退了 但是肌肉记忆还在 |
[37:24] | Gerald Lydon wasn’t the only target. | 杰拉尔德·莱登不是唯一的目标 |
[37:26] | Someone’s poisoning these people. | 有人在毒害这些人 |
[37:36] | You’re cleaning the fridge out now? | 你居然现在清理冰箱 |
[37:38] | It’s my half of our agreement. | 这是在履行我的那一半责任 |
[37:40] | Well, I was hoping you could help me figure out | 我希望你能帮我想出 |
[37:42] | who’s giving rich people CAA. | 是谁让那些富人患上CAA |
[37:44] | Yes, that was first on my list. | 是的 那个曾是我最优先要解决的 |
[37:46] | Now the refrigerator. | 现在则是冰箱 |
[37:49] | You have a suspect. Who? | 你有嫌疑人了 谁啊 |
[37:52] | You’re a detective; you tell me. | 你是个侦探 你来告诉我 |
[37:55] | Fine. Uh… | 好吧 |
[37:57] | Okay, it’s not Carter Lydon. | 不是卡特·莱登 |
[37:58] | I mean, he has a motive to want his father sick, | 他有想让他父亲得病的动机 |
[38:00] | but he has no reason to attack strangers. | 但是他没有理由陷害陌生人 |
[38:04] | Maybe he cosigned that loan for that guy in Norway | 也许他为那个挪威家伙的贷款担保 |
[38:07] | because he wanted him | 是因为他想让那人 |
[38:08] | to help with his father’s case. | 帮他处理他父亲的案子 |
[38:10] | So who does have motive to attack | 那么谁有动机会陷害 |
[38:12] | three seemingly unconnected strangers? | 三个看似毫无关联的陌生人呢 |
[38:14] | The victims are three rich people. | 三个受害人都很有钱 |
[38:16] | They all have charitable foundations. | 他们都有慈善基金会 |
[38:19] | The only people that would benefit | 唯一能从因CAA病倒的 |
[38:20] | from wealthy philanthropists coming down with CAA | 富裕慈善家身上得利的 |
[38:23] | are the people raising money to study the disease. | 也只有为了研究这个疾病而筹款的人 |
[38:27] | Induce CAA in some of New York’s wealthiest, | 让纽约最富裕的人患上CAA |
[38:30] | then sit back and wait for donations to flow in. | 然后什么也不用管 就等捐款流入就行了 |
[38:33] | Not all the victims would contribute, | 不是所有受害者都会捐款 |
[38:34] | so you’d have to dose more than one. | 所以必须向不止一人投毒 |
[38:36] | Did you know the Lincoln Foundation | 你知道吗 林肯基金会 |
[38:38] | gave a rather generous grant | 向瓦特遗传学研究所的实验室 |
[38:40] | to the research labs at Watt Helix? | 捐赠了一笔不小的数目 |
[38:42] | Natasha’s company. | 娜塔莎的公司 |
[38:45] | She was a whistle-blower. | 她是个告密者 |
[38:47] | There’s got to be, what, 50 people | 那里得有 多少 五十个人 |
[38:49] | working in research there? | 在那里做研究工作吧 |
[38:50] | But how many of them are capable of inventing | 但是有多少人有能力发明出 |
[38:52] | an entirely new molecule which attacks a specific gene? | 能攻击特定基因的完全新型的分子 |
[38:56] | Well, it’s got to be the smartest person there. | 肯定是那里最聪明的人 |
[38:59] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[39:01] | that person might not still work there on a daily basis. | 那人可能现在不用每天去那里工作了 |
[39:10] | Mr. Watt, | 瓦特先生 |
[39:11] | did you know that before Ms. Kademan was killed, | 你是否知道在凯德曼女士被杀之前 |
[39:13] | she was working to expose a scandal? | 她正要揭发一个丑闻 |
[39:16] | It’s quite a story. | 这故事可精彩了 |
[39:18] | She thought that someone at Watt Helix | 她认为瓦特遗传学研究所里有人 |
[39:20] | was inducing mutations in wealthy people | 在富人身上诱导基因变异 |
[39:23] | to attract funding for research into CAA. | 以吸引到CAA的研究经费 |
[39:28] | We think she was right. | 我们认为她是对的 |
[39:29] | That’s… shocking. | 这 太震惊了 |
[39:32] | I assume you have evidence. | 你们有证据吗 |
[39:34] | Whoever developed the molecule was brilliant. | 研发出这个分子的人才华横溢 |
[39:38] | A towering intellect. | 智慧超群 |
[39:40] | Someone a lot like you. | 就像你这样的人 |
[39:42] | I hope that’s not an accusation. | 我希望你这不是在指控 |
[39:44] | Brian Watt is a decorated physician. | 布莱恩·瓦特是位出色的内科医生 |
[39:46] | He has a sterling reputation. | 他品格优秀 |
[39:48] | Why would he risk that for… whatever you’re describing? | 为什么他会为了你说的这个冒风险 |
[39:52] | We spent a good deal of time | 我们也花了好长时间 |
[39:53] | puzzling over that ourselves, didn’t we? Yeah. | 思考这个问题 不是吗 |
[39:57] | We came up with a theory, but we couldn’t be sure of it | 我们有一个猜想 但直到了解你的详细情况 |
[39:59] | until we got a good look at you. | 我们才得以真正确定 |
[40:01] | You have hereditary CAA, don’t you, Mr. Watt? | 你有遗传性CAA 对吗 瓦特先生 |
[40:04] | That’s why you’re semi-retired, and that’s why | 所以你处于半退休状态 这也是为什么 |
[40:06] | you haven’t said a word since you came in. | 你从进来开始就没说一个字 |
[40:08] | We know it’s in your family. | 我们知道你家族有相关病史 |
[40:10] | Probably why you got into genetics in the first place, | 这或许就是你一开始投身于遗传学的原因 |
[40:12] | find a way around the death sentence | 试图找到能避开流淌于 |
[40:14] | that you carry in your DNA. | 你DNA中的死刑的方法 |
[40:17] | But you got sick. | 但是你发病了 |
[40:18] | Research wasn’t going fast enough. | 研究进度不够快 |
[40:20] | So in your more lucid moments, | 所以在你神智尚且清醒时 |
[40:22] | you hatch a plan to attract bigger and bigger money. | 你想出了一个能圈到很多很多钱的计划 |
[40:25] | All you’d have to do | 你要做的就是 |
[40:26] | is to introduce the chemical you developed | 把你研发出的化学物质 |
[40:28] | into someone’s I.V. | 导入到某人的静脉中 |
[40:31] | All the victims had procedures at Stuyvesant Memorial, | 所有受害者都在司徒韦桑纪念医院做过手术 |
[40:34] | a hospital where you still hold privileges. | 就是你仍保有特权的医院 |
[40:40] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[40:41] | Well, then, you won’t mind | 那么 你不介意 |
[40:43] | if we take a look inside your home, will you? | 我们去你家看看吧 对吗 |
[40:45] | ‘Cause there won’t be any more of the chemical | 因为那里不会有更多的投毒 |
[40:48] | needed for further attacks. | 所需要的化学物质 |
[40:50] | We have team of detectives heading to his home | 此时此刻 我们有一队警探 |
[40:52] | as we speak. | 正赶往他的家 |
[40:54] | Entrepreneur Dr. Brian Watt | 实业家布莱恩·瓦特医生 |
[40:56] | has been charged in a bizarre string of poisonings. | 被指控跟一系列离奇的投毒案有关 |
[40:59] | Watt has been arrested this morning outside the corporate… | 今早瓦特在其公司外被捕 |
[41:01] | Hi there. Are my sweaters ready? | 你好 毛衣洗好了吗 |
[41:04] | I didn’t think so. | 我不认为 |
[41:05] | This is Detective Bell from the NYPD. | 这是纽约警署的贝尔警探 |
[41:07] | I told him about the world’s worst dry cleaner’s, | 我向他描述了世界上最糟的干洗店 |
[41:10] | and he got curious. | 他很好奇 |
[41:11] | Do you know who bought this place | 你知不知道是谁从 |
[41:13] | from the Korean couple who used to own it? | 这店以前的韩国老板手中买走了这地方 |
[41:15] | It’s a shell company. | 是家空壳公司 |
[41:16] | I can’t even pronounce it, | 我都不会读那个音 |
[41:18] | but my friends at the NYPD know all about it. | 但是我在纽约警署的朋友知道一切 |
[41:20] | They think it’s linked to smuggling, | 他们认为那家公司涉嫌走私 |
[41:22] | human trafficking… other fun stuff. | 人口贩卖 还有其他的犯罪行为 |
[41:24] | So now I know why you’re so terrible at dry cleaning. | 我现在知道为什么你们的干洗这么糟糕了 |
[41:27] | Because the only thing your owners want you to clean | 因为你们的主人想让你们洗的 |
[41:29] | is their money. | 只是他们的钱 |
[41:31] | And given all the security cameras you have in here, | 考虑到你们这里所有的监控摄像头 |
[41:33] | I bet if we execute this search warrant we brought with us, | 我敢说如果我们执行这张搜查令 |
[41:35] | we’d find plenty of it. Is that true? | 一定能发现不少东西 对吧 |
[41:45] | All right, get up. Put your hands behind your back. | 站起来 把双手放在背后 |
[41:52] | I did it! | 我做到了 |
[41:53] | Close that door immediately! | 赶紧关上门 |
[41:55] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[41:56] | I was examining the osmia avosetta | 我正在观察杰拉尔德·莱登 |
[41:58] | that Gerald Lydon gave me, and it got loose. | 给我的石巢蜂 它飞出来了 |
[42:00] | Oh, so there’s an almost-extinct bee flying around in here? | 所以这里关着一只快要灭绝的蜜蜂吗 |
[42:04] | Yes, and I would rather it didn’t get out. | 是的 我希望它不要飞出去了 |
[42:06] | Okay. Well, I took care of it. | 好吧 我解决了 |
[42:07] | That dry cleaner you sent me to, | 你派我去的那家干洗店 |
[42:09] | you deduced what they were up to. | 你推理出了他们的阴谋 |
[42:10] | Bell sent in somebody to search it, and everybody’s arrested. | 贝尔派人去搜查那里 逮捕了所有人 |
[42:13] | Thought I was gonna have to send you back there | 我还以为得再派你去那里三次 |
[42:15] | three more times. Well done. | 才能解决呢 干得好 |
[42:17] | Why didn’t you tell me when I came to you yesterday? | 为什么昨天我问你的时候你不告诉我呢 |
[42:20] | I wanted you to… | 我想让你 |
[42:21] | learn to trust your own instincts. | 学会相信自己的直觉 |
[42:25] | Good detective knows that every task, every interaction, | 好的侦探知道每个任务 每次互动 |
[42:29] | no matter how seemingly banal, | 无论看起来多平淡无奇 |
[42:31] | has the potential to contain multitudes. | 都可能包含大量信息 |
[42:35] | I live my life alert to this possibility. | 我时刻警惕着这种可能性 |
[42:38] | I expect my colleagues to do the same. | 我期望我的同事也能做到 |