时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Are we completely out of mugs? | 没有一个干净的杯子了吗 |
[00:11] | Check the sink. | 水池那边找找 |
[00:13] | These are ready for carbon dating. | 它们都可以进行碳定年代检测了 |
[00:15] | Ugh… I take it we’re out of clean bowls, too? | 我们也没有干净的碗了吗 |
[00:18] | And forks and plates and cups. | 叉子 碟子和茶杯也都没有了 |
[00:20] | Where am I supposed to put my tea? | 那我怎么喝茶 |
[00:23] | This isn’t healthy, you know. | 这是不健康的 |
[00:25] | Little marinara is not gonna kill you, Watson. | 一点番茄蒜汁也不会毒死你 华生 |
[00:26] | No, I mean the state of your kitchen. | 不是 我说的是你厨房的状况 |
[00:28] | Don’t you mean our kitchen? | 这不是我们俩的厨房吗 |
[00:30] | No, I mean yours. | 不 是你的 |
[00:32] | I’m only here for ten more days, remember? | 十天后我就走了 你忘了吗 |
[00:34] | Nine days, 12 hours, 47 minutes, | 准确地说是9天零12小时 47分钟 |
[00:36] | actually, but who’s counting? | 某人算得真准 |
[00:38] | I’m just saying, this is a problem. | 我只是觉得这是个问题 |
[00:40] | This is the sign of an active mind. | 这是头脑活跃的表现 |
[00:43] | Lincoln, Einstein, Freud. | 林肯 爱因斯坦 弗洛伊德 |
[00:45] | All geniuses who drew inspiration | 所有的天才都能从混乱的外界环境中 |
[00:47] | from chaos in their environs. | 获得灵感 |
[00:49] | Without Andrew Fleming’s reluctance to wash petri dishes, | 如果不是安德鲁·弗莱明懒得洗培养皿 |
[00:52] | the world wouldn’t have penicillin, would it? | 怎么能发现青霉素呢 对不对 |
[00:54] | Well, since the world does, do you have to grow it | 既然都有青霉素了 就不必在你的冰箱里 |
[00:56] | in your fridge? | 自己培养了吧 |
[00:58] | Nine days, 12 hours, 46 minutes. | 还有9天零12小时 46分钟 |
[01:55] | Victim’s name is Teri Purcell. | 死者名叫泰瑞·珀赛尔 |
[01:57] | She’s General Manager of this hotel. | 这间酒店的总经理 |
[01:59] | She worked late most nights in her office. | 她经常工作到深夜 |
[02:02] | That’s where she was last seen. | 她最后一次被人看见是在这里 |
[02:05] | Looks like she died from blunt-force trauma to the head, | 目前推测死因是头部遭钝器击打 |
[02:08] | and then she got stuffed in the machine | 之后被扔进洗衣机里 |
[02:10] | to wash away any physical evidence. | 洗去了所有证据 |
[02:12] | The washer makes it hard to pinpoint time of death. | 这也使得死亡时间很难判断 |
[02:14] | Best guess right now is somewhere between | 目前的推测是 |
[02:16] | 9:30 and midnight. | 九点半到午夜 |
[02:18] | Machine was wiped down, so there are no fingerprints, | 洗衣机被擦拭过 取不到指纹 |
[02:20] | except for the maid’s who found her, | 只有发现尸体的女佣的指纹 |
[02:22] | and no witnesses, either. | 也没有目击证人 |
[02:26] | – And this? – Fountain pen. | -这是什么 -钢笔 |
[02:28] | It was found in the washing machine | 在洗衣机里发现的 |
[02:29] | with the body and some sheets. | 与尸体和床单混在一起 |
[02:31] | Now, could be the victim’s, could be the killer’s. | 可能是死者的 也可能是凶手的 |
[02:33] | No way to tell ’cause there aren’t any prints. | 没办法判断 因为上面没有指纹 |
[02:36] | Broken in half, and yet I see no ink at all | 我没在珀赛尔女士身上 |
[02:40] | on Mrs. Purcell’s person, or the sheets | 或者床单上看到墨水印 |
[02:42] | that were in the washer. | 把钢笔掰断看看 |
[02:44] | I’m gonna go out on a limb, and say it was empty. | 我大胆地猜一下 钢笔没水儿 |
[02:48] | I noticed that neither the security camera in the corridor | 我发现走廊和出口的摄像头 |
[02:50] | nor the one by the exit door are functioning. | 都坏了 |
[02:52] | The red power lights were off. | 红色电源灯没亮 |
[02:54] | Yeah, hotel maintenance said | 酒店维修部门说 |
[02:55] | they’ve been inactive for months. | 摄像头已经坏了好几个月了 |
[02:57] | They keep fixing them, they keep going on the fritz. | 他们不停地修 它不停地坏 |
[02:59] | Which means the attacker could come and go | 这样的话凶手可以自由出入 |
[03:01] | without fear of being monitored. | 而不被摄像头拍到 |
[03:03] | Suggests they were familiar with the environment. | 也就意味着凶手对这里的环境了如指掌 |
[03:06] | As for these | 这些拖拽 |
[03:08] | drag marks here, | 的痕迹 |
[03:09] | a distinctive maroon color from the heels of the victim’s shoes. | 很明显是死者高跟鞋的那种栗色 |
[03:14] | Similar marks running the length of the corridor, | 走廊沿途都有类似的痕迹 |
[03:16] | meaning she was dragged here from somewhere else. | 意味着她是被拖拽到这里的 |
[03:18] | You mentioned an office? | 你刚才提到过一间办公室 |
[03:21] | Obviously, it looks like the altercation | 很明显 争执是 |
[03:24] | may have started here. | 从这里开始的 |
[03:26] | Not likely a robbery gone wrong. | 不像是抢劫未遂 |
[03:27] | No drawers ransacked | 抽屉没有翻过的痕迹 |
[03:29] | or cabinets left open. | 也没有柜子开着 |
[03:31] | Well, so far, all the hotel staff | 目前 我们问过的工作人员 |
[03:33] | we’ve talked to said Mrs. Purcell is a great boss. | 都说珀赛尔是个很棒的老板 |
[03:35] | Everyone loved her. | 人人都爱她 |
[03:37] | Hm. Because people are so eager | 因为人们都爱说 |
[03:38] | to speak ill of the dead, aren’t they? | 死者的坏话 不是吗 |
[03:40] | The walls are lined with awards | 墙上挂满了奖状和感谢信 |
[03:42] | and letters of appreciation for all her charity work. | 都是有关她的慈善工作的 |
[03:45] | Yes, well, we’re not so keen | 当然 我们不会 |
[03:46] | to advertise our shameful acts, are we? | 宣扬自己的可耻行径 对吧 |
[03:49] | No, Mrs. Purcell wanted to be seen | 对 珀赛尔想把自己塑造成 |
[03:51] | as a friendly, welcoming person. | 一个友善而受欢迎的人 |
[03:54] | It’s not enough for her to be altruistic, | 做个活雷锋还不够 |
[03:55] | she wants to be acknowledged for it. | 她希望人尽皆知 |
[03:56] | Same goes with her family. | 她的家庭也是这样 |
[03:58] | Here’s an observation for you. | 我有个结论给你听 |
[04:00] | More often than not, when I find a murdered woman | 我发现戴婚戒的女性死者 |
[04:02] | with a wedding band on her finger, | 大部分情况下 |
[04:03] | the husband’s the one who did it. | 都是被丈夫所杀 |
[04:04] | I say we talk to Mr. Purcell, | 我们去和珀赛尔先生谈谈 |
[04:06] | find out where he was tonight. | 看看他昨晚在哪里 |
[04:13] | Ah, suburbia. | 郊区啊 |
[04:14] | Surprised you haven’t tried to get me to move here | 真惊讶你当时没让我搬到这里住 |
[04:16] | in the interest of my sobriety. | 来让我保持清醒 |
[04:18] | All the “Structure” On display. | 全部都井井有条的 |
[04:20] | Mock me all you want. | 随你怎么说 |
[04:21] | Organization is a form of structure, | 组织是一种规范架构 |
[04:23] | and structure is good for recovery. | 它有助于恢复 |
[04:25] | After you complained about the state of the kitchen | 你昨晚抱怨过厨房混乱状态后 |
[04:27] | last night, I took a personal inventory. | 我做了自我问卷调查 |
[04:29] | Assessed myself. | 评估了我自己 |
[04:30] | I am excelling at recovery. | 我在恢复方面进展良好 |
[04:31] | Which tells me that you’re only taking a grim view | 你之前说我的恢复进展不乐观 |
[04:33] | of my progress because you’re annoyed | 是因为 |
[04:35] | – I’m doing so well. – Right. | -我做得太好 -对 |
[04:37] | I’m upset by your success, | 我因为你做得太好而心烦 |
[04:39] | which is, by association, my success. | 可你的成功也就意味着我的成功 |
[04:41] | Success at a job that you don’t enjoy. | 在你并不喜欢的工作上成功 |
[04:43] | As opposed to my work, which invigorates you. | 不同于你的工作 我的工作让你兴奋 |
[04:45] | I never denied that I find what you do very interesting. | 我从不否认你做的事情很有趣 |
[04:47] | I’ve decided, Watson. | 我决定了 华生 |
[04:49] | The lessons can continue after our companionship ends. | 陪护关系结束后 我们可以继续交流 |
[04:52] | A weekly salon, perhaps. | 可以每周见一次 |
[04:53] | You could come by, I could share my wisdom. | 你来我家 我分享我的智慧 |
[04:55] | In exchange for some light housework, of course. | 你做些家务活来交换 |
[04:59] | Holmes. Come on. | 福尔摩斯 过来 |
[05:03] | I don’t know what to say. Everybody loved Teri. | 我不知道说什么 人人都喜欢泰瑞 |
[05:07] | My poor daughter is devastated. | 我女儿很受打击 |
[05:08] | Neither one of us can figure out why anyone would hurt her. | 我们不知道是谁杀了她 |
[05:11] | Mr. Purcell, we-we have to ask | 珀赛尔先生 我们想了解一下 |
[05:13] | how was your relationship with your wife? | 您和您妻子的关系如何 |
[05:17] | Are you asking me that | 你是因为怀疑我 |
[05:18] | because you think I did it? | 才这么问吗 |
[05:19] | No, no, we’re just trying to get the whole picture. | 不 不 我们只是了解情况 |
[05:23] | I loved my wife. | 我爱我的妻子 |
[05:25] | Things have been as great as they always were. | 我们感情一直很好 |
[05:27] | Yet you’ve been sleeping on the couch lately. | 但你最近都睡沙发上 |
[05:31] | The cushions are compressed | 沙发垫整体都有 |
[05:32] | all the way across, not just in the middle, | 挤压痕迹 而不仅仅是中间的位置 |
[05:34] | like they are when someone sits on them. | 如果坐在上面 只有中间有挤压痕迹 |
[05:35] | Someone of your height and weight | 你已经在沙发上 |
[05:37] | has been lying there for long periods. | 睡了很久吧 |
[05:39] | I have insomnia. | 我失眠 |
[05:40] | I can watch TV out here without keeping Teri up. | 我在这里看电视不会影响泰瑞 |
[05:43] | That’s very considerate of you. | 你真贴心 |
[05:44] | And… untrue. | 但这是谎话 |
[05:47] | The damp towels and the presence of your toiletries | 客房洗手间的湿毛巾 |
[05:49] | in the guest bathroom– they suggest that your wife | 和你的洗漱用品显示 |
[05:53] | has banished you completely | 你的妻子已经完全不让你 |
[05:54] | from the master bedroom. | 进入主卧了 |
[05:57] | No. | 不是 |
[05:58] | Stress in the marriage is to be expected, | 鉴于你最近失业了 |
[06:00] | given your current unemployment. | 你们的婚姻状况很紧张 |
[06:01] | Wait, I’m sorry. H-How did you… | 等等 你怎么知道… |
[06:03] | Movie ticket. It’s, uh… | 电影票 |
[06:04] | Yesterday. Monday. | 昨天的 星期一的 |
[06:06] | It’s for a matinee. | 是午后场 |
[06:08] | Hmm? Also, your printer is full | 你的打印机上都是 |
[06:10] | of high-end card stock. | 高质量的卡片材料 |
[06:11] | That’s… that’s resume paper. | 这是打印简历用的纸 |
[06:13] | You’re looking for a job. | 你在找工作 |
[06:14] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[06:16] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[06:17] | Carly, hon, | 卡莉 亲爱的 |
[06:18] | could you please get our guests some water? | 麻烦你给客人们倒点水 |
[06:21] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[06:22] | Yeah, of course. | 当然可以 |
[06:26] | – I’ll give you a hand. – Thank you. | -我来帮你 -谢谢 |
[06:29] | Yes, my wife and I have been having problems, and yes, | 好吧 我和妻子的婚姻是有问题 |
[06:31] | I lost my job as a financial consultant. | 我也确实丢掉了金融顾问的工作 |
[06:34] | Which is why I spent yesterday evening at a Pink Slip Mixer | 这也是为什么昨晚我和其他失业的朋友 |
[06:36] | with some other unemployed friends. | 去求职机构的原因 |
[06:41] | Early admission to Georgetown and Michigan. | 被乔治城大学和密歇根大学提前录取 |
[06:44] | Congratulations. Your mom must have been really proud. | 恭喜 你妈妈一定很为你骄傲 |
[06:46] | Yeah. She was. | 是啊 |
[06:48] | Looks like you’re a pretty serious soccer player. | 看来你的足球踢得不错 |
[06:50] | The coach at Michigan promised me that I’d start. | 密西根大学的教练答应让我参加校队 |
[06:53] | But my mom, she really had her heart set on Georgetown. | 但我妈一心想让我去乔治城大学 |
[06:58] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:05] | I keep telling myself, | 我一直告诉自己 |
[07:06] | “Tough times don’t last, | “艰难的时期总会过去 |
[07:07] | tough people do.” | 只有坚强的人才能坚持到底” |
[07:09] | And, “This too shall pass”” | 还有”一切都会过去的” |
[07:13] | “This too shall pass.” | “一切都会过去的” |
[07:15] | “Living one day at a time.” | “珍惜生命的每一天” |
[07:18] | I know a lot of people in recovery. | 我认识很多康复期的病人 |
[07:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:29] | A couple of years ago, I… I hurt my knee. | 几年前 我的膝盖受伤了 |
[07:32] | So… | 所以… |
[07:34] | I started taking pain pills just to, like, | 一开始 我只是为了参加比赛 |
[07:36] | get through games. | 而服用止痛药 |
[07:37] | But by the end of the season, | 但到了赛季结束的时候 |
[07:38] | I was just taking them to get through the day, and… | 我干脆依靠这些药物度日 |
[07:42] | My mom is the one who helped me get clean. | 是妈妈帮我戒除了药瘾 |
[07:46] | You know, I’m gonna give you my phone number. | 我想把我的手机号码留给你 |
[07:49] | If you need to talk, my phone’s on all the time. | 要是你想找人聊聊 随时打给我 |
[08:00] | Waste of time, that was. | 真是浪费时间 |
[08:02] | What? | 什么 |
[08:03] | Coming here. | 来这里 |
[08:04] | He clearly has great confidence in his alibi. | 显然他对自己的不在场证明很有信心 |
[08:07] | And when I look at him, I don’t see “killer,” | 我从他身上看到的不是”我是凶手” |
[08:09] | I see “Blah.” | 而是”能奈我何” |
[08:11] | You want the scoop on our victim? | 想找关于受害者的有用线索吗 |
[08:13] | Talk to her. | 找她谈谈 |
[08:15] | She’s worth talking to because? | 为什么要找她谈 |
[08:17] | She’s trimming an evergreen in the middle of winter. | 她在隆冬时节修剪万年青 |
[08:19] | You’re supposed to do it June. | 应该在六月修剪才对 |
[08:21] | And the only thing more important than a well-maintained lawn | 在城外郊区 唯一比保养草坪更重要的 |
[08:23] | in the suburbs is gossip. | 就是八卦闲谈 |
[08:25] | Teri was a lovely woman. | 泰瑞是个可爱的女人 |
[08:27] | Lots of people thought so. | 很多人都这么认为 |
[08:30] | Men, especially. | 尤其是男人 |
[08:33] | Uh, was there any particular man you’re referring to? | 言下之意 你是不是特指某个男人呢 |
[08:36] | Oh, I wouldn’t want to speak out of school. | 我可不想在大庭广众下说这些 |
[08:38] | Of course you wouldn’t. | 当然 |
[08:40] | I think Teri was having an affair. | 我觉得泰瑞有婚外情 |
[08:43] | A very handsome man used to drop by a lot. | 以前有个很英俊的男人经常来找她 |
[08:45] | Always when Oliver wasn’t home. | 特别是奧利弗不在家的时候 |
[08:47] | Before he lost his job, of course. | 当然是在他失业之前 |
[08:49] | Could you describe him? | 能描述一下他的长相吗 |
[08:50] | Oh, I can do better than that. | 我有更猛的料 |
[08:53] | My, uh, friend Sheila lives over on Oxford. | 我朋友希拉搬去牛津住 |
[08:56] | She refused to believe me when I told her | 她不信我说的 |
[08:58] | that “Saint Teri” was entertaining a gentleman caller. | “大圣人泰瑞”和一个男人纠缠不清 |
[09:00] | So I took this picture as proof. | 所以我拍了这张照片作证据 |
[09:04] | Like I said: handsome, right? | 就像我说的 很英俊 是吧 |
[09:08] | His license plate is particularly fetching. | 他的车牌照真是特别 |
[09:14] | I’m sorry, I’m… I’m just… I’m stunned. | 抱歉 我只是… 太惊讶了 |
[09:18] | Teri was an… she was an amazing person. | 泰瑞… 是个大好人 |
[09:23] | She volunteered here from the very beginning. | 这里创立之初 她就来志愿工作 |
[09:26] | Please. | 请 |
[09:28] | In that time and with her help, our organization | 那段时间 在她的帮助下 |
[09:30] | raised money to collect and destroy over one million | 我们的组织成功募集资金拆除了 |
[09:34] | undetonated land mines. | 超过一百万颗未引爆地雷 |
[09:36] | She was as passionate | 她和这里的每个人一样 |
[09:37] | about our cause as anyone I’ve ever known. | 热爱我们的事业 |
[09:40] | Is that all that she was passionate about? | 她所热衷的事情仅此而已吗 |
[09:42] | Uh, I’m not sure what you’re asking. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[09:44] | Intercourse. | 交流[也有性交之意] |
[09:45] | Were you and Teri having it? | 你和泰瑞有过吗 |
[09:47] | I assume you’re referring to the conversational variety. | 我想你是指言语上的交流 |
[09:50] | No, I meant fornication. | 不 我是说男女私通 |
[09:51] | The insertion of part A into part… | 阴阳交合… |
[09:53] | Mr. Silver, we are not here to judge you. | 西尔弗先生 我们不是在审判你 |
[09:55] | Perish the thought! | 打消这个念头 |
[09:56] | No, we’re just… simply inquiring | 当然不是 我们来只是询问 |
[09:58] | if your time with Mrs. Purcell involved coitus. | 你和珀赛尔夫人的交往中是否包含性 |
[10:01] | No. It did not. | 不 完全没有 |
[10:04] | Her neighbor seems to be under the impression it did. | 但似乎她的邻居可不这么认为 |
[10:07] | She said you had a habit of visiting when Teri’s husband was away. | 她说你总挑泰瑞的丈夫不在家的时候找她 |
[10:10] | Well, I visited when he was there, too. | 他在家的时候我也去过 |
[10:11] | Oliver was a friend; | 奧利弗也是我朋友 |
[10:12] | I’ve known him for as long as I’ve known Teri. | 我刚认识泰瑞的时候就认识他了 |
[10:14] | Can you account for your whereabouts | 能提供一下昨晚九点到午夜 |
[10:16] | 9:00 and midnight last night? | 你在哪里吗 |
[10:17] | Yes. A friend and his wife had me over for dinner. | 有个朋友和他的妻子请我吃晚餐 |
[10:20] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[10:21] | We’d just like to call and confirm. | 要是你不介意的话 |
[10:23] | So, if you wouldn’t mind. | 我们需要电话确认 |
[10:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:30] | I don’t really care what you think about me, | 我不在意你们怎样看我 |
[10:32] | but you got the wrong idea about Teri. | 但你们完全误解了泰瑞 |
[10:34] | She was as devoted to her family | 她对家庭的热爱 |
[10:36] | as she was to this foundation. | 一点也不比对基金会的少 |
[10:39] | She was, without doubt, one of the finest human beings | 毫无疑问 她是我有幸认识的 |
[10:42] | I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. | 最善良的人 |
[10:45] | Another suspect, | 又一个嫌疑人 |
[10:45] | another alibi. | 也有不在场证明 |
[10:47] | You’re angry because that man and the husband could prove | 你生气是因为那个男人和她丈夫 |
[10:50] | they didn’t commit a murder? | 都有没杀人的证据吗 |
[10:51] | I’m angry because I’ve run out of suspects. | 我生气是因为没人有嫌疑 |
[10:53] | At least, for the time being. | 至少目前没有 |
[10:54] | I really liked that one, too. | 我也挺喜欢那人的 |
[10:56] | Oily. | 油嘴滑舌 |
[10:57] | He helps run a charity that dismantles landmines. | 他可是拆除地雷慈善组织的负责人 |
[11:00] | John Wayne Gacy gave his time | 约翰·维恩·加西也参加过 |
[11:00] | 约翰·维恩·加西 70年代在芝加哥杀死了30多名男童的杀人狂魔 | |
[11:01] | to several charitable foundations. | 好几个慈善基金会 |
[11:03] | Does that make him a good person, too? | 那他也能算是好人了吗 |
[11:04] | So, that was the captain. | 警监来消息说 |
[11:07] | He talked to head of security at Teri Purcell’s hotel. | 他刚和珀赛尔酒店的安保负责人谈过话 |
[11:10] | Now he said they had a prostitution problem recently. | 他交待最近酒店里存在色情交易 |
[11:12] | Some guests got solicited in the hotel bar and complained. | 一些顾客投诉有人在酒吧里拉皮条 |
[11:15] | Now, Teri cracked down, cleared out the working girls. | 泰瑞对此严加管制 把小姐都赶了出去 |
[11:18] | A few weeks later, she gets some threatening anonymous calls. | 没过几周 她就接到一些匿名恐吓电话 |
[11:21] | Probably from their pimps. | 可能是那些皮条客打的 |
[11:22] | Yeah, I’m gonna head to Vice, | 我要去扫黄缉捕队 |
[11:23] | see who might be running hookers at high-end hotels. | 查查谁在高端酒店从事卖淫活动 |
[11:26] | You want to come? | 你一起来吗 |
[11:28] | I appreciate the offer, Detective, | 感谢你邀请我 警探 |
[11:30] | but I’ve just realized that Watson and I have a thing. | 但我突然想起来我和华生有事要办 |
[11:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:37] | A thing? | 有什么事 |
[11:38] | Why go to Vice to explore the problem | 明明可以直接去问题源头 |
[11:40] | when we can go directly to the source? | 为什么还要去缉捕队查呢 |
[11:42] | Tell me, have you ever been whore-fishing? | 告诉我 你有过猎艳经历吗 |
[11:48] | Her? | 她吗 |
[11:50] | Too obvious. Too intoxicated. | 太招摇 太醉醺醺 |
[11:52] | High-end escorts are more polished, discreet. | 高端妓女更优雅和谨慎一些 |
[11:55] | Mark my words. No one is going to take you seriously | 记住我的话 一个合格的侦探 |
[11:58] | as an investigator if you can’t spot | 必须要在20步以内分辨出 |
[12:00] | a fille de joie at 20 paces. | 一个女人是不是妓女 |
[12:02] | What is the point of this again? | 你到底想说什么 |
[12:04] | As Detective Bell suggested, | 就像贝尔警探所说 |
[12:06] | if Teri Purcell ran afoul of the working girls | 如果泰瑞·珀赛尔因为赶走 |
[12:08] | in her establishment, it may well have led to her death. | 酒店里的妓女而被杀害 |
[12:10] | Who better to fill in the holes, | 那么从中获益的 |
[12:11] | as it were, than the strumpets themselves? | 除了妓女本身还有谁呢 |
[12:14] | Teri Purcell is the one | 是泰瑞·珀赛尔 |
[12:16] | who put a ban on them in the hotel. | 禁止她们出入酒店 |
[12:18] | And how do you know any of these women are… | 而且你怎么知道这些女人里有人是… |
[12:21] | are call girls? | 是应召女郎 |
[12:23] | When the cat’s away, the mice will play. | 山中无老虎 猴子称大王 |
[12:25] | In this case, the cat got his skull caved in. | 在这个案子里 老虎已经威风不再 |
[12:27] | The mice are the prostitutes. | 而猴子就是这些应召女郎 |
[12:29] | I get it. I just think | 我明白了 我只是觉得 |
[12:31] | your mouse hunt is a little misogynistic. | 你的捕猴大计有点性别歧视 |
[12:32] | Not misogynistic. Anthropological. | 不是性别歧视 而是从人类学的角度出发 |
[12:35] | The species we are looking for is attractive, | 我们要找的对象 |
[12:38] | well-dressed, quick to laugh, | 她们光鲜亮丽 风情万种 |
[12:40] | and highly-skilled at spotting out-of-town men | 擅长找出那些背井离乡 |
[12:43] | whose desires are not being fulfilled at home. | 在家得不到满足的男人 |
[12:46] | Like her. | 就像她 |
[12:56] | Excuse me. | 打扰 |
[12:57] | Might we offer you a drink and some company? | 我们能坐在一起喝一杯吗 |
[12:59] | Oh, a drink would be lovely. | 喝一杯也不错 |
[13:00] | Excellent. Now that’s out of the way. | 太好了 那我们开门见山 |
[13:02] | My friend and I were wondering | 我和我的朋友想知道 |
[13:03] | what you might charge to sleep with us. | 让你和我们睡一觉的费用是多少 |
[13:05] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[13:06] | We work with the police, and, uh, we were wondering | 我们和警方一起工作 我们想知道 |
[13:09] | if you or any of your fellow working girls might know | 你或者和你一起工作的姑娘们知不知道 |
[13:12] | who killed the manager in the hotel last night. | 昨晚谁在酒店里杀了经理 |
[13:14] | Oh, I’m sorry. I think that you have wrong idea about me. | 对不起 我觉得你找错人了 |
[13:16] | Do I now? I know your clothes– | 是吗 我明白你的着装 |
[13:17] | they say sophisticated businesswoman, | 你穿得像经验丰富的女商人 |
[13:19] | but the faint line across your thighs says | 但是你衣服上的细线说明 |
[13:21] | garter belt with stockings. | 你穿着长筒吊袜腰带 |
[13:22] | And you’ve made meaningful eye contact | 而且你向这里的几乎每一个未婚男人 |
[13:23] | with almost every unattached man in here, even the paunchy ones. | 都抛过媚眼 包括那些有啤酒肚的 |
[13:27] | Now, should I alert | 那现在 我是要 |
[13:27] | security to your presence, | 请保安留意你 |
[13:29] | or would you mind just-just answering | 或者你也许不介意 |
[13:30] | just a couple of questions, hmm? | 回答我几个问题 |
[13:34] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[13:35] | As I said, the manager of the hotel was killed last night. | 我说过了 昨晚酒店经理被杀了 |
[13:39] | We’re investigating the possibility | 我们在调查 |
[13:41] | that one of your managers | 你们的一个经理 |
[13:43] | may have had something to do with it. | 涉入其中的可能性 |
[13:45] | Why would any of those guys want to kill Teri? | 他们怎么会想要杀了泰瑞 |
[13:47] | – So, you knew her? – Of course. | -那么说你认识她了 -当然 |
[13:50] | We all did. But trust me, | 我们都认识 但是相信我 |
[13:52] | none of our managers would ever lay a finger on her. | 我们的经理是不会招惹她的 |
[13:55] | Not in a million years. | 一辈子都不会 |
[13:57] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么这么肯定 |
[13:59] | Because… she was the reason that most of us worked here. | 因为 她是我们很多人在这工作的原因 |
[14:03] | We were told that she-she chased you all out | 有人告诉我们她因为几个房客的抱怨 |
[14:06] | because some of the hotel guests complained. | 就把你们赶走 |
[14:09] | Oh, she just helped us to keep a lower profile. | 她只是帮我们保持低调 |
[14:12] | She would sneak us in the back, | 她会在背后偷偷告诉我们 |
[14:13] | put us up in the service elevators to meet the clients. | 让我们从服务电梯上去见客户 |
[14:16] | She wanted us here. | 她希望我们留下 |
[14:20] | Now, if you two decide you ever do want a date… | 如果你们两个也想尝试一下的话 |
[14:24] | call me. | 打我电话 |
[14:27] | I think we’d have some fun. | 我想我们会玩得很开心的 |
[14:44] | So far, every hooker we’ve talked to has said | 迄今为止 我们问过的每一个妓女 |
[14:46] | the same thing. | 都讲了同样的话 |
[14:46] | Ever since Teri Purcell took over the hotel in ’09, | 自从泰瑞·珀赛尔在09年接管酒店以后 |
[14:49] | she’s been arranging dates with rich businessmen | 她就一直安排她们和有钱商人 |
[14:52] | and diplomats that were visiting from the UN. | 以及联合国来访的外交官约会 |
[14:55] | Couple of months ago, someone started complaining | 几个月前 有人开始抱怨 |
[14:57] | about the prostitutes in the lobby. | 大厅里的妓女 |
[14:59] | So she started moving them through the laundry area, | 所以她开始让她们搬到洗衣房 |
[15:01] | where she’d sabotaged the security cameras. | 那儿的监控都被她故意破坏了 |
[15:03] | When their business was complete, | 当她们完事的时候 |
[15:05] | she’d sneak ’em back out. | 她再让她们偷偷出去 |
[15:06] | Now, get ready for the weird part. | 准备好听最不可思议的部分 |
[15:08] | She did it all for free. | 这些服务都是她免费提供的 |
[15:10] | You’re saying she was a volunteer madam? | 你是说她是个志愿的老鸨 |
[15:13] | According to the girls who worked there, | 据在这里工作的姑娘所说 |
[15:14] | yeah– their pimps loved her. | 是的 她们的嫖客都喜欢她 |
[15:17] | What about the threatening phone calls she received? | 那她收到的威胁电话是怎么回事 |
[15:20] | They say that they came from the one girl | 她们说电话都是一个 |
[15:21] | that she did have to ban. | 她不得不抛弃的女孩打来的 |
[15:23] | The girl got high in the lobby, | 那个女孩在大厅里直接爽起来了 |
[15:24] | made a scene, so she had to cut her off. | 春光无限 所以她不得不把她辞了 |
[15:26] | We tracked her down. | 我们查过她了 |
[15:27] | She’s six months into a bid for possession, | 她过去六个月都在争取财产 |
[15:29] | so she’s not our killer. | 所以她不是凶手 |
[15:31] | – What? – Excuse me. | -什么 – 不好意思 |
[15:35] | I don’t get it. | 我没反应过来 |
[15:36] | Why would Teri Purcell risk her career | 为什么泰瑞·珀赛尔要以她的人生冒险 |
[15:38] | to run a non-profit brothel out of her hotel? | 在宾馆里开个免费的妓院 |
[15:41] | House of secrets, that place. | 那个地方是诡秘屋 |
[15:44] | Perhaps it warrants a second look. | 也许值得我们再看一遍 |
[15:52] | You know, it occurs to me | 我突然想起来 |
[15:53] | that once you’ve accepted my offer of an apprenticeship, | 你曾经接受过做我学徒的提议 |
[15:55] | you should probably start taking notes. | 你现在该开始做笔记了 |
[15:58] | I’m not becoming your apprentice. | 我才不会做你的学徒 |
[16:01] | No, of course not. Not in an official capacity. | 不 当然不会 不会以官方的形式 |
[16:04] | More likely you’ll peddle some fiction | 你更可能向我父亲编造一些故事 |
[16:06] | to my father about me not being ready to be alone yet. | 来说明我还不能单独一个人生活 |
[16:09] | Hmm? Whatever your pride dictates, | 不管你的自尊心怎么说 |
[16:11] | I shan’t hold it against you. | 我都不会反驳你 |
[16:14] | You know I’m not staying, right? | 你知道我不会留下的 对吧 |
[16:17] | What? And continue your journey to profound | 什么 然后继续追求你的 |
[16:20] | professional satisfaction? | 意义深远的职业满意度吗 |
[16:23] | Why would you? | 你为什么要这样 |
[16:29] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[16:31] | Secret compartments have been a part of cabinet-making | 从启蒙时代开始 |
[16:34] | since the Age of Enlightenment. | 秘密夹层就是木匠工艺的一部分 |
[16:36] | You know, I once spent a thrilling afternoon | 我曾经度过一个令人振奋的下午 |
[16:38] | examining a Queen Anne secretary | 检验了一张有不下于25个暗格的 |
[16:41] | with no fewer than 25 hidden caches. | 安妮女王秘书书桌 |
[16:55] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[16:57] | Well, it’s a compact, but it’s… | 这是个带镜小粉盒 但是它 |
[16:59] | it’s a very heavy compact. | 很重 |
[17:04] | It’s not even Teri’s shade. | 它甚至都不是泰瑞的风格 |
[17:05] | She’s much more of a winter. | 她太冷艳了 |
[17:15] | See here… | 看这儿 |
[17:18] | wireless connector. | 无线连接器 |
[17:19] | And with this, Teri could sign in | 有个这个 泰瑞就能登录 |
[17:22] | to an entirely private network. | 到一个完全私人的网络 |
[17:32] | Hidden cameras. | 隐藏的相机 |
[17:33] | Nine hidden cameras. | 九个隐藏的相机 |
[17:36] | Well, I think I’ve worked out | 我想我知道了 |
[17:37] | how Teri was profiting | 泰瑞是怎么从 |
[17:39] | from her arrangement with the hookers. | 她对妓女的安排中获益的了 |
[17:41] | Blackmail. | 敲诈 |
[17:43] | It would explain why Teri allowed the prostitutes | 这就揭示了为什么泰瑞允许妓女们 |
[17:45] | to work at her hotel, but never took a cut of the money, hmm? | 在她的酒店里工作 却从没剥削过她们 |
[17:48] | She gave them access, arranged their dates. | 她给她们渠道 安排见面 |
[17:50] | They gave her the opportunity | 她们让她 |
[17:51] | to capture guests on film in flagrante delicto. | 当场把房客录进影像里 |
[17:54] | Well, if you’re right, that means every guest | 如果你是对的 就意味着她敲诈过的 |
[17:56] | she ever blackmailed is a potential suspect in her murder. | 每一个房客都是谋杀她的潜在嫌疑人 |
[17:59] | Correct. | 回答正确 |
[18:00] | You said you found a couple of thousand hours of footage? | 你说你发现了长达几千小时的录像 |
[18:03] | The cameras ran 24/7. | 摄像头是24小时工作的 |
[18:04] | Unfortunately, there are no time stamps | 不幸的是 现在没时间 |
[18:06] | or references on the videos. | 调查这些录像了 |
[18:08] | Which means, it’ll probably take forever | 也就是说 我们得花上一辈子 |
[18:10] | to identify the guests | 才能确认这些在录像里 |
[18:12] | who performed blackmail-worthy acts on tape. | 值得被敲诈的房客的身份 |
[18:15] | I’m gonna need teams | 我需要几个团队 |
[18:17] | working on shifts to get through it all. | 轮班工作才能解决这个问题 |
[18:19] | It’s gonna take days. | 那也得花上几天 |
[18:21] | Not necessarily. | 没必要 |
[18:42] | Do I even want to know what happened? | 我需要知道发生什么了吗 |
[18:44] | You haven’t missed a thing. | 你没错过什么 |
[18:46] | More yak than shack so far. | 目前为止没什么发现 |
[18:49] | Curiously, many of these videos | 我很好奇 这里面很多录像 |
[18:51] | are entirely prostitute-free. | 都只有免费的妓女 |
[18:53] | I meant the garbage. | 我说的是垃圾 |
[18:55] | Borrowed our neighbor’s bin | 我借用了邻居家的垃圾桶 |
[18:56] | to test your theory about physical mess | 来验证你那关于身体紊乱 |
[18:58] | and its correlation to relapse. | 以及复发的相关性理论 |
[19:00] | I’ve been sitting here for hours, | 我坐在这儿几个小时了 |
[19:01] | and I haven’t felt any additional temptation | 却我没有任何 |
[19:03] | to use drugs. | 嗑药的欲望 |
[19:05] | We’ll see how I am in the morning. | 我们看看我早上会怎样 |
[19:18] | Hello? | 你好 |
[19:19] | Is-is this Miss Watson? | 你是华生小姐吗 |
[19:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:22] | Hi. It’s, um… it’s Carly Purcell. | 我是卡莉·珀赛尔 |
[19:24] | You-you gave me your number the other day. | 你前几天把号码告诉过我 |
[19:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:29] | I’m glad you called. | 我很高兴你打电话来 |
[19:31] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吧 |
[19:34] | I haven’t taken any pills or anything. | 我没有吃药或者其他什么的 |
[19:35] | I just… | 我只是 |
[19:38] | I-I just needed to talk to someone. | 我只是想和人说说话 |
[19:42] | Okay. Well, I’m here. | 好 我在呢 |
[19:43] | You sound upset. | 你听起来很难过 |
[19:46] | You know what? I-I don’t even know you. | 我甚至都不认识你 |
[19:48] | This was stupid. I-I… | 这真是太蠢了 |
[19:49] | No. I told you to call me | 不 我说过如果你想聊聊 |
[19:50] | if you wanted to talk, and you… and you called. | 就打电话给我 现在你 打了 |
[19:53] | Just… | 只是 |
[19:56] | My-my mom. | 我妈妈 |
[19:58] | I don’t know. The way she was. | 我不知道 她是怎么想的 |
[20:02] | She… she’s not… she’s not what people thought. | 她不像人们想的那样 |
[20:05] | What do you mean? | 怎么回事 |
[20:08] | Carly, tell me where you are, and I will come and meet you. | 卡莉 告诉我你在哪儿 我来找你 |
[20:13] | I’m really sorry, | 真的很抱歉 |
[20:14] | but I… I’ve got to go. | 但是 我得挂了 |
[20:23] | I thought you’d still be looking at that secret camera video. | 我以为你还在看那些秘密录像带呢 |
[20:26] | I finished an hour ago. | 一个小时以前我就看完了 |
[20:28] | But it turns out, the photographs | 但结果证明 藏在珀赛尔夫人 |
[20:30] | hidden in Mrs. Purcell’s computer | 电脑里的图像 |
[20:32] | are far more interesting. | 远比想象的有趣 |
[20:33] | So, Teri had dirty pictures, too? | 那么说泰瑞也有不雅照 |
[20:43] | Wait. It gets better. | 等等 这样好多了 |
[20:46] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[20:47] | Innocuous. Mundane. | 无危害的 平凡的 |
[20:49] | But each of these stultifying images | 但这些极其单调乏味的图片 |
[20:51] | contains almost a gig of memory. | 每一个都有1G之大 |
[20:54] | That’s enormous. | 不是一般地大 |
[20:55] | Mm. That’s steganography, | 这是信息加密隐藏 |
[20:57] | the science of embedding hidden messages in plain sight, | 是将隐藏信息嵌入到表象中 |
[21:00] | security through obscurity. | 通过掩人耳目来加密 |
[21:02] | So, you’re saying that Teri’s picture files are so large | 泰瑞的图片文件占这么大容量 |
[21:04] | because she has content hidden in them. | 是因为她在里面隐藏了一些内容 |
[21:06] | Mm. Luckily, I have a decryption program | 幸运的是 我有一款解密软件 |
[21:10] | that should unlock the coded data | 它应该能解密这些隐藏内容 |
[21:13] | in a matter of minutes. | 仅仅需要几分钟 |
[21:17] | Carly called me last night. | 卡莉昨晚给我打了电话 |
[21:19] | I didn’t mention it | 我没跟你提及 |
[21:20] | because she confided in me the other day. | 是因为她前两天对我倾诉来着 |
[21:22] | About her drug use? | 关于她吸毒的事 |
[21:25] | I overheard a snippet of conversation | 我偶尔听到了一小段对话 |
[21:27] | while I was questioning her father. | 当时我在询问她父亲 |
[21:28] | It didn’t seem relevant. | 似乎并没有很大联系 |
[21:30] | Has it become relevant? | 现在有联系了吗 |
[21:31] | Well, she did mention something about her mother | 她提到了她母亲并不是 |
[21:33] | not being the person that everyone thought she was. | 人们所想像的那样 |
[21:36] | I must warn you, Watson. | 我必须得提醒你华生 |
[21:37] | Whatever’s on these videos is likely | 马上将要出现在画面上的可能是 |
[21:39] | to be the vilest and most startling material | 珀塞尔夫人所收集的录像当中 |
[21:42] | that Mrs. Purcell gathered, | 最另人吃惊的 |
[21:43] | so you might not want to watch this. | 你可能会不想看 |
[21:55] | Wow. Yeah, I don’t know how | 我不知道该怎样 |
[21:58] | I’m ever going to unsee any of that. | 才能不去看你说的这些 |
[22:11] | What? What, who are you calling? | 你给谁打电话 |
[22:13] | Captain Gregson. | 格雷森警监 |
[22:15] | We need to go back to the Purcell home immediately. | 我们得马上回到珀塞尔家里 |
[22:17] | Why? Because some French guy is putting on too much deodorant? | 就因为一些法国小伙抹太多除臭剂 |
[22:20] | It’s not what the people in these videos are doing, | 不是因为录像上这些人做了些什么 |
[22:21] | Watson, it’s what they’re saying. | 华生 是因为他们的对话 |
[22:37] | You’re quite good, you know that? | 你相当不错 你知道吗 |
[22:39] | You really had me going the other day. | 前几天你让我我功而返 |
[22:41] | Beg your pardon? | 我没听明白 |
[22:42] | Your accent, your attire, | 你们的口音 穿着 |
[22:44] | your decor– it all virtually screams “Average American.” | 装饰 都想要表明你们是美国人 |
[22:47] | Except you’re neither, are you? | 但你们都不是 |
[22:49] | Someone want to tell me what the hell is going on here? | 能有人告诉我到底是怎么回事吗 |
[22:51] | Yeah, you’re a… A spy. | 你是个间谍 |
[22:54] | So was your late wife. | 还有你已故的老婆也是 |
[22:56] | What? | 什么 |
[22:57] | We have a warrant to search your home, Mr. Purcell. | 珀塞尔先生 我们有搜查令 |
[22:59] | Based on what? | 根据什么 |
[23:00] | Based on your secret videos | 根据你们的秘密录像 |
[23:01] | that your wife made with her “Globally relevant” Guests. | 你老婆给她的客户们录的影像 |
[23:05] | At first I thought she was using them | 起初我认为她是拿这些录像来勒索 |
[23:07] | as blackmail– why else would she | 为什么她会在她的酒店里 |
[23:09] | facilitate a prostitution ring in her own hotel | 安排卖淫行为 |
[23:11] | and collect none of the profits? | 而她自己分文未取 |
[23:13] | Now I have the answer. | 现在我找到了答案 |
[23:14] | The escorts made the hotel popular | 那些陪同服务使她的酒店在 |
[23:16] | amongst international power brokers, | 国际权力掮客 外籍商人 |
[23:18] | foreign businessmen, diplomats visiting the nearby UN– | 和外交官当中非常受欢迎 |
[23:22] | only it wasn’t their bad behavior | 如果泰瑞想录下的 |
[23:23] | that Teri wanted caught on tape, | 不是他们的不雅行为 |
[23:25] | it was their information. | 那便是他们留下的情报 |
[23:27] | I imagine that while she was | 我料想当她在酒店 |
[23:28] | collecting intelligence from her place of business, | 收集情报的时候 你也同样地在你的 |
[23:30] | you were doing the same at your financial consulting firm? | 金融咨询公司收集情报 |
[23:33] | – I was fired months ago. – No. You resigned. | -我几个月前就被解雇了 -你是辞职的 |
[23:36] | Your firm recently signed | 你的公司最近和国防部 |
[23:37] | a contract with the Department of Defense. | 签订了一份协议 |
[23:39] | The DOD would have required a thorough | 国防部要对公司全员的背景 |
[23:41] | background check on everyone that worked at the company. | 进行彻查 |
[23:43] | You knew your legend wouldn’t hold up | 在如此级别的审查下 |
[23:45] | to that level of scrutiny. | 你知道你的伟绩很快就会败露 |
[23:47] | “Legend”? | 伟绩 |
[23:48] | The elaborate and utterly false identities | 你的俄罗斯间谍组织 |
[23:50] | provided by your Russian spymasters | 煞费苦心包装的假身份 |
[23:51] | for you and your wife to pass as American citizens. | 用来伪装你和你老婆成为美国市民 |
[23:54] | Oh, so now I’m not only a spy, I’m a Russian spy? | 我不仅仅是个间谍 还是个俄国间谍 |
[23:56] | You made a point of stepping out | 前几天你在握手的时候 |
[23:58] | to shake hands the other day. | 往前走了两步 |
[24:00] | It’s bad form in Russian culture | 在俄国文化里在门拱下握手 |
[24:01] | to shake hands beneath the arch | 是非常忌讳的 |
[24:02] | of a doorway, is it not? Then there were | 是不是 |
[24:04] | the coins that your wife left lying around in her office. | 还有你老婆留在她办公室里的硬币 |
[24:07] | In Russian folklore, money goes to money. | 在俄国民俗里 |
[24:10] | Leaving coins out is a | 留下硬币是 |
[24:11] | way of inviting good fortune into your life. | 给你的生活带来好运的一种方式 |
[24:13] | Didn’t quite work out for her, though, did it? | 不过没给她带来什么好运 |
[24:17] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[24:18] | If what happened to Teri | 是因为她的间谍身份 |
[24:19] | had anything to do with her spying, | 导致了她的死亡 |
[24:21] | now would be the time to tell us. | 现在是时候该告诉我们真相了 |
[24:26] | I want a lawyer. | 我需要个律师 |
[24:28] | Yeah, I would expect that you would. | 正如我所料 |
[24:37] | Just got off the phone with the Feds. | 刚和联邦调查局通过电话 |
[24:39] | They’re on their way down. | 他们正赶过来 |
[24:41] | Can I question Oliver now? | 现在我能询问奥利弗吗 |
[24:42] | This is a joint investigation. | 这次是联合调查 |
[24:44] | NYPD handles the homicide; | 纽约警署处理杀人案 |
[24:46] | FBI handles the espionage. | 联邦调查局处理间谍案 |
[24:48] | The homicide and the espionage are the same thing. | 杀人案和间谍案就是一回事 |
[24:50] | We wait. As it is, we’re lucky they’re letting us sit in. | 事实上我们能插手 就已经很幸运了 |
[24:54] | Oh, yeah, by all means, let’s express our gratitude | 请务必让我向那帮笨拙无能的官僚 |
[24:56] | to the lurching, inept bureaucracy | 表达一下我的感激之情 |
[24:58] | that is preventing us from questioning a suspect | 就是他们导致我们不能审问 |
[25:00] | who sits not ten feet away! | 近在咫尺的嫌疑犯 |
[25:03] | Oh, good, you’re here. | 谢天谢地 你来了 |
[25:04] | He’s doing his tantrum thing. | 他在发小孩子脾气 |
[25:07] | I’ve been trying to get ahold of Carly | 自从我听到你捉了卡莉的父亲 |
[25:09] | since I heard you picked up her father. | 我一直在试图找到她 |
[25:11] | – Has anyone heard from her? – Well, she wasn’t home | -有她的消息吗 -我们去捉奥利弗的时候 |
[25:13] | when we went to pick up Oliver, | 她不在家里 |
[25:14] | so we left a uniform at the house. | 所以我们留下了一套制服 |
[25:16] | She’s 17 years old and she’s in crisis. | 她只有17岁而且正在经历危机 |
[25:18] | Her mother was just murdered, and she’s about to find out | 她母亲刚被杀 而且她马上就会知道 |
[25:20] | that both her parents are Russian spies. | 她的父母都是俄国间谍 |
[25:21] | We need to find her. | 我们得找到她 |
[25:22] | She’s right. Carly could be in danger, | 她说得对 卡莉正身处险境 |
[25:25] | especially if she was part of her parents’ operation. | 如果她是间谍行动的一部分 就更危险了 |
[25:27] | I talked to this girl– she is a confused teenager, | 我和那个姑娘谈过 她是迷茫的青少年 |
[25:29] | not a sleeper agent. | 而不是潜伏特工 |
[25:31] | And now she’s alone. | 她现在孤独一人 |
[25:34] | Spies are never alone. | 间谍们永远不会孤独一人 |
[25:37] | They have handlers. | 她们都有幕后操手 |
[25:38] | And I know you probably have | 我知道你可能 |
[25:39] | some figure in the back of your mind for how much… | 在你脑海里想到了一些数 |
[25:42] | I was wrong about you, Geoffrey. | 我看错你了 杰弗里 |
[25:44] | What?! We’re in a meeting here. | 我们正在开会呢 |
[25:46] | Ladies and gentlemen, kudos to you | 女士们先生们 为你们 |
[25:48] | for your attraction to such a worthy cause. | 投身于如此有价值的事业而致敬 |
[25:50] | The fact that I’m about to demonstrate | 我将要揭露的事实是 |
[25:51] | that Mr. Silver is actually a Russian spy | 希尔弗先生是一个俄国间谍 |
[25:54] | should by no means discourage you from giving, | 绝不会阻止你们捐钱 |
[25:56] | and giving generously. | 慷慨地捐钱 |
[25:57] | I don’t know what the hell you are talking about, | 我都不知道你在胡说些什么 |
[25:59] | but all three of you need to leave. | 不过你们三个都给我离开 |
[26:02] | You provided Oliver and Teri Purcell | 你给奥利弗和泰瑞·珀塞尔 |
[26:03] | with cash, cover, resources, | 提供现金 庇护 资源 |
[26:05] | ferried their stolen secrets back to Mother Russia, | 将他们偷到的情报运回你们俄国 |
[26:07] | all under the guise of your international charity work. | 这一切都假借国际慈善活动做幌子 |
[26:10] | Quite a brilliant cover, actually. | 非常精明的掩护 |
[26:13] | That is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听到的最疯狂的事情了 |
[26:16] | Is it? Well, we know that Teri Purcell was working as a spy, | 是吗 我们知道泰瑞·珀塞尔是个间谍 |
[26:18] | and she was passing video recordings | 她通过隐藏在普通照片中的 |
[26:19] | hidden behind mundane photographs via steganography. | 加密信息来传送录像 |
[26:22] | It just so happens one of | 两天前我们碰巧 |
[26:23] | those photographs was open on your desktop | 在你的电脑上发现了一张照片 |
[26:25] | two days ago. Do you mind if I pull it up | 你介意我打开它 |
[26:26] | so I can show Detective Bell? Yes. Abso… | 以便给贝尔警探瞧瞧吗 |
[26:28] | No, I do; I do mind. | 不行 我很介意 |
[26:30] | Would you get him out of here? | 能把他带出去吗 |
[26:32] | I’m quite happy to leave by myself, actually. | 事实上 我很乐意我自己走出去 |
[26:33] | Just tell me everything you know about who killed Teri Purcell. | 只要你告诉我谁杀了泰瑞·珀塞尔 |
[26:36] | Oh, my God, I don’t know who killed Teri. | 我不知道谁杀了泰瑞 |
[26:38] | Now, if looking in my computer | 如果你检查完我的电脑 |
[26:40] | is gonna get you to leave, then fine, go ahead. | 你就离开 好吧 请便 |
[26:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:54] | It’s no longer there. | 它不见了 |
[26:56] | Obviously, someone just scrubbed it clean. | 很明显 有人把它完全删除了 |
[26:58] | If you’re convinced that I’m a spy… | 如果你确信我是个间谍 |
[27:02] | arrest me. | 逮捕我 |
[27:04] | Otherwise, you got to go. | 否则 请你离开 |
[27:08] | Captain Gregson, how may I be of assistance? | 格雷森警监 有什么可以帮你的 |
[27:10] | Oliver Purcell’s agreed to talk to us | 奧利弗·珀赛尔同意与我们 |
[27:12] | and the FBI. | 和联邦调查局谈谈 |
[27:13] | I told the Feds we wouldn’t have | 我告诉联邦调查局要是没有你 |
[27:15] | found the guy without you. | 我们不可能找到凶手 |
[27:16] | They said you could sit in, all right? | 他们允许你参加审讯 明白吗 |
[27:20] | Our handlers thought we’d work well together as a couple. | 上级认为我们结婚会更有利于工作 |
[27:23] | Not because we were in love. | 并不是因为我们相爱 |
[27:26] | Our relationship was never romantic, it was… | 我们之间并不浪漫 |
[27:29] | a patriotic transaction. | 而是一种爱国主义的行为 |
[27:31] | But Carly is your biological daughter, correct? | 但卡莉是你的亲生女儿 对吗 |
[27:34] | That was two operatives obeying orders. | 她是两个特工执行命令的产物 |
[27:38] | We started having sex | 当上级要求我们生小孩的时候 |
[27:40] | when we were urged to conceive. | 我们开始有性行为 |
[27:42] | Stopped when Teri got pregnant. | 一直持续到泰瑞怀孕 |
[27:45] | Once we had Carly, we… | 当卡莉出生的时候 |
[27:47] | looked more like a real American family. | 我们看起来就像个典型的美国家庭 |
[27:50] | But… | 但是 |
[27:52] | you can’t raise a spy. | 你不能再养育一个间谍 |
[27:56] | Teri and I found ourselves with a daughter. | 泰瑞和我有了一个女儿 |
[27:59] | I may not have loved Teri, | 也许我从来没爱过泰瑞 |
[28:01] | but we both loved Carly. | 但我们都爱卡莉 |
[28:04] | When did you initiate her into the family business? | 你是什么时候开始让她参与家庭事业的 |
[28:08] | Come on, Mr. Purcell, | 说吧 珀赛尔先生 |
[28:09] | The Russians invested | 俄国人为你的家庭 |
[28:10] | a great deal of time and money | 投资了大量的时间和金钱 |
[28:12] | into your family– they must have had a plan for Carly. | 他们一定也为卡莉准备了任务 |
[28:14] | They did. | 他们准备了 |
[28:17] | But I worked 20 years for the SVR, | 但我为俄罗斯对外情报局工作了20年 |
[28:19] | living a lie. | 生活在谎言中 |
[28:22] | I wanted more for my daughter. | 我希望我的女儿能过不同的生活 |
[28:25] | – You and your wife see eye to eye on that? – No. | -你和你妻子在这件事上意见一致吗 -不 |
[28:28] | Teri wanted to tell Carly. | 泰瑞想告诉卡莉真相 |
[28:31] | To Teri, serving Russia was | 对泰瑞来说 为俄罗斯工作 |
[28:33] | still the highest calling. | 依然是排在第一位的 |
[28:34] | That’s got to be a hard disagreement to resolve. | 这个分歧一定很难解决 |
[28:37] | It was. | 是很难 |
[28:39] | And so I… threatened to expose the operation. | 所以我以暴露身份相威胁 |
[28:44] | Said I’d take my chances with the U.S. Government | 在俄罗斯对外情报局利用我女儿之前 |
[28:46] | before I let the SVR use my daughter. | 我会先向美国政府说出真相 |
[28:49] | That was enough to shut Teri and Geoffrey up. | 这样就可以让泰瑞和杰弗里放弃 |
[28:52] | Geoffrey Silver, your handler? | 杰弗里·西尔弗 你的上级吗 |
[28:56] | I believe that constitutes a positive I.D. | 我相信这是确凿的指证 |
[28:58] | on Mr. Silver’s involvement in e. | 证明西尔弗先生参与了间谍活动 |
[29:02] | Look, I don’t know who killed Teri, | 我不知道是谁杀了泰瑞 |
[29:05] | 来电 卡莉·珀塞尔 | |
[29:05] | but I’ll plead guilty to the rest of it, | 只要你们不牵扯到卡莉 |
[29:07] | tell you everything I know, | 我会对所有指控认罪 |
[29:09] | but only if you leave Carly alone. | 告诉你们我知道的一切 |
[29:12] | She’s innocent. | 她是无辜的 |
[29:15] | Put that in writing, and I’m yours. | 给我一个书面保证 我就全听你们的 |
[29:20] | Hey, Carly. | 你好 卡莉 |
[29:21] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[29:23] | I was coming home last night | 我昨晚回家的时候 |
[29:24] | when I saw the police taking my dad away. | 看到警察带走了我爸爸 |
[29:27] | What’s going on, Ms. Watson? | 到底发生了什么 华生小姐 |
[29:30] | He’s just answering some questions right now. | 他只是回答一些警察的问题 |
[29:33] | D-Do they think he had something to do with my mom? | 难道他们认为我爸跟我妈的死有关吗 |
[29:34] | ‘Cause he didn’t! | 他没有 |
[29:36] | Okay, tell me where you are, | 告诉我你在哪 |
[29:38] | and I’ll come and meet you, all right? | 我马上过去见你 好吗 |
[29:41] | Thanks for meeting me. | 谢谢你过来见我 |
[29:43] | It’s been a rough couple of days, you know? | 这几天真的很难熬 你知道吗 |
[29:45] | Of course. I get it. | 是的 我完全明白 |
[29:49] | Carly, you said the other night | 卡莉 前几天晚上你说 |
[29:51] | that your mom wasn’t who everyone thought she was. | 你妈妈其实并不是其他人想的那样 |
[29:55] | Did you know she was a spy? | 你知道她是间谍吗 |
[30:00] | And your father, too? | 你爸爸也是 |
[30:06] | How long have you known for? | 你什么时候知道的 |
[30:09] | My mom told me a few days ago. | 几天前我妈妈告诉我的 |
[30:13] | That’s a lot for anyone to process. | 这对任何人来说都很难接受 |
[30:16] | My father shouldn’t be under arrest– it’s my fault. | 我爸不应该被捕的 都是我的错 |
[30:19] | – You can’t take on your parents’ mistakes. – You don’t understand. | -你不应该承担你父母的错误 -你不明白 |
[30:22] | I’m the one who’s responsible. | 我是那个应该负责任的人 |
[30:25] | I killed my mother. | 我杀了我妈妈 |
[30:34] | I, um, I got my letter of acceptance | 那天我收到了密歇根大学 |
[30:36] | from Michigan that day. | 的录取通知书 |
[30:38] | Full scholarship. | 全额奖学金 |
[30:41] | The first thing I do is call my mom, | 我的第一反应就是给我妈打电话 |
[30:43] | ’cause I figured she’d be as thrilled as I was. | 因为我认为她会和我一样欣喜若狂 |
[30:52] | It’s okay, Carly. | 没关系的 卡莉 |
[30:54] | Just try to tell us what happened. | 告诉我们到底发生了什么 |
[30:56] | She just… she sounded weird. | 她当时听起来很奇怪 |
[30:59] | She told me that I had to go straight to the hotel, and so I did. | 她让我直接去宾馆 我就去了 |
[31:02] | And when I got there, she told me that Michigan | 当我到那时 她告诉我不要考虑 |
[31:04] | was out of the question, that I was going to Georgetown, | 密歇根大学 我一定要上乔治城大学 |
[31:06] | and… and I didn’t understand why she was being so insistent. | 我不明白她为什么如此坚持 |
[31:11] | But then she explained why. | 然后她告诉了我原因 |
[31:13] | She told you the truth about… her and your father? | 她告诉了你她和你父亲的真实身份吗 |
[31:16] | At first, I thought it was a joke. | 一开始 我以为她在看玩笑 |
[31:19] | Like, Russian spies? | 什么俄罗斯间谍 |
[31:20] | We-we live in Westchester. | 我们住在威斯特彻斯特 |
[31:22] | We have a minivan. | 我家有一辆小面包车 |
[31:26] | But it wasn’t a joke. | 但这个不是玩笑 |
[31:29] | Every-Everything my parents had told me was a lie. | 我父母之前告诉我的一切都是谎言 |
[31:32] | Odd that your father wasn’t there, as well, no? | 你父亲当时并不在场有点奇怪 不是吗 |
[31:34] | She told me that we had to keep it between the two of us. | 她告诉我这是我们两个之间的秘密 |
[31:38] | That he wouldn’t understand, and so, | 他不会明白的 |
[31:40] | it was really important for all of us | 所以我一定要 |
[31:42] | for me to do exactly what she told me to do. | 严格执行她说的每一句话 |
[31:45] | Did she threaten you? | 她威胁你了吗 |
[31:47] | She told me there were people out there who could hurt us. | 她告诉我如果我不这么做会有人伤害我们 |
[31:50] | And I figured that they were the people she was working for. | 我猜她指得是她的上级 |
[31:54] | Why was your mom so intent on you going to Georgetown? | 为什么你妈妈一定要让你去乔治城 |
[31:57] | She said they have the better government program. | 她说那里有更好的跟政府相关的项目 |
[32:01] | She said that a degree | 她说拿到相关学位 |
[32:01] | from there would really mean something. | 对我将来很有帮助 |
[32:04] | I guess, after college, | 我猜我毕业后 |
[32:05] | I was supposed to get a job in Washington, or… | 要在华盛顿谋得一个职位 或者 |
[32:07] | Where you could operate as a second generation agent. | 在任何你可以作为第二代间谍工作的地方 |
[32:11] | U.S. National | 美国公民 |
[32:12] | who could penetrate the corridors of government power | 可以通过一切政务机关的背景检查 |
[32:15] | and gain access to information she never could. | 接触一些她永远都接触不到的信息 |
[32:18] | She had my whole life planned out. | 她把我这一辈子都决定了 |
[32:20] | She wanted me to give up everything I ever wanted | 她要我为了一个我从没见过的国家 |
[32:22] | for a country I’d never even seen, | 而放弃我曾经想要拥有的一切 |
[32:24] | so I said, “No.” | 我告诉她我不要 |
[32:25] | I said no to Georgetown, no to spying. | 我不要去乔治城 我也不要当间谍 |
[32:27] | I was going to Michigan, I was going to play soccer. | 我一定要去密歇根 而且我要踢足球 |
[32:32] | I just… I… | 我只是 |
[32:34] | I’d fought back from too much | 我当时反应太激烈 |
[32:36] | not to follow my dream. | 因为我可能无法实现我的梦想 |
[32:39] | I-I told her | 我告诉她 |
[32:39] | that I’d go to the police if she tried to stop me. | 如果她要阻止我 我就去找警察 |
[32:42] | I told her that-that | 我告诉她 |
[32:43] | I’d tell them about her. | 我会去揭发她 |
[32:47] | But then, as I was leaving… | 然后 当我要走的时候 |
[32:52] | she grabbed me, and… | 她抓住了我 |
[32:55] | I-I don’t know. I was just… | 我也不知道 我当时只是 |
[32:56] | I was so freaked out that… | 我当时太生气了 |
[32:59] | I-I guess I just… I guess I just shoved her. | 我只是推开了她 |
[33:04] | I called her name a couple of times, | 我不停地叫着她的名字 |
[33:05] | but she just lay there. She… | 但她只是躺在那 |
[33:08] | That’s-that’s when Mr. Silver came in. | 这个时候西尔弗先生进来了 |
[33:11] | Geoffrey Silver? | 杰弗里·西尔弗吗 |
[33:13] | He told me that he was my mom’s handler | 他告诉我他是我妈的上级 |
[33:15] | and that-th-that | 而且 |
[33:17] | I was in a lot of trouble. | 我的麻烦大了 |
[33:20] | He told me that… | 他告诉我 |
[33:20] | if I didn’t go right away | 如果我不马上走的话 |
[33:22] | I was gonna go to jail | 我一定会进监狱 |
[33:23] | and I was never gonna see my dad again. | 而且永远也不能见我爸爸 |
[33:26] | I-I was… I was so afraid, I… | 我当时太害怕了 |
[33:29] | My dad was all I had left, and I just… | 我只剩下我爸爸能依靠了 |
[33:32] | I didn’t know what to do, so I went home and… | 我也不知道要做什么 所以我回了家 |
[33:36] | I didn’t say anything. | 没对任何人说起这件事 |
[33:40] | Whatever-whatever else | 不论 无论你 |
[33:42] | you think my dad did, | 认为我爸爸做了什么 |
[33:44] | he didn’t kill my mom. | 他没有杀我妈妈 |
[33:48] | I did. | 是我杀的 |
[33:54] | I’m very sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[33:55] | But I can neither confirm nor deny anything | 但我对卡莉·珀赛尔告诉你们的事 |
[33:58] | Carly Purcell may have told you. | 不置可否 |
[34:01] | ‘Cause you don’t | 因为你不想 |
[34:01] | want to be charged as an accessory to murder? | 被指控为谋杀的帮凶吗 |
[34:03] | And because I don’t recognize your authority. | 而且因为我在你们的管理权限之外 |
[34:06] | Finished playing the part of the American citizen, I see. | 看来你不再装作是美国公民了 |
[34:09] | You know you’re going to jail | 你清楚不论是哪个原因 |
[34:11] | either way, right? | 你都要进监狱吗 |
[34:13] | Oliver Purcell’s given the FBI enough to put you away | 奧利弗·珀赛尔提供给联邦调查局的信息 |
[34:17] | for the rest of your natural life. | 足够让你一辈子都呆在监狱里 |
[34:21] | Did I say something funny to you? | 你觉得我刚才说的很好笑吗 |
[34:27] | I’d be very surprised if I spent more than a week | 如果我在你们的任何一个监狱里待的时间 |
[34:30] | in one of your jails. | 超过一个星期 我会非常吃惊的 |
[34:33] | People in my alleged line of work | 干我们这行的 |
[34:35] | don’t tend to be locked up. | 绝对不会被关起来 |
[34:37] | We tend to be traded. | 我们更倾向于做交换 |
[34:42] | The U.S. Government is probably | 美国政府大概正在 |
[34:44] | perusing a catalogue of political prisoners | 列一份想让俄罗斯释放的 |
[34:46] | they’d like released from Russia, | 在押政治犯的名单吧 |
[34:49] | as we speak. | 就在我们说话的时候 |
[34:52] | Well, then. | 既然这样 |
[34:54] | I guess we’ll just let the Feds do | 我们就让联邦调查局 |
[34:57] | whatever it is the Feds do. | 做他们该做的事吧 |
[34:59] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[35:06] | You ruined that girl’s life. | 你毁了那个女孩 |
[35:16] | I must say, Watson, I’m quite flattered. | 不得不说 华生 我深感荣幸 |
[35:19] | It’s a lovely homage to my methodology. | 这是对我的方法论表现出的崇高敬意 |
[35:22] | But why apply it to a case that’s already solved? | 但为什么用在一个已解决的案子上 |
[35:24] | That door was closed. | 门是关着的 |
[35:27] | Was it? | 是的吗 |
[35:28] | Look, I just… | 我只是 |
[35:30] | Carly Purcell didn’t deserve what’s happened to her. | 卡莉·珀赛尔不该承受这些 |
[35:32] | I just thought if I looked at the evidence one more time… | 我只是想如果我再梳理一遍证据 |
[35:34] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[35:35] | You could what? Rewrite history? | 你就能怎样 改写历史 |
[35:37] | She already confessed. | 她都认罪了 |
[35:39] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[35:41] | Spaghetti in a mug? | 用马克杯放意大利面 |
[35:43] | I take it that, uh, there’s still no clean bowls or plates? | 我猜猜 还是没有干净的碗或者盘子 |
[35:52] | How do you deal with… | 你怎么处理 |
[35:53] | cases not working out the way you want them to? | 和你预想不一样的案件 |
[35:56] | The only promise a puzzle makes is an answer. | 谜题带来的唯一保证就是与之相对的答案 |
[35:59] | Liking the answer doesn’t factor in. | 不用考虑是否喜欢那个答案 |
[36:01] | In our line of work it mustn’t. | 而我们这一行则完全不能去考虑 |
[36:04] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[36:06] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[36:07] | Oh, uh, Teri Purcell’s autopsy report | 泰瑞·珀赛尔的尸检报告 |
[36:10] | just showed up on our front doorstep. | 刚刚出现在我们的前门台阶上 |
[36:12] | Oh, I actually requested that from Gregson’s office. | 是我向格雷森办公室的人要的 |
[36:25] | There’s a break in the fourth metacarpal. | 第四掌骨部分有断裂 |
[36:28] | That is a… boxer’s fracture. | 那是拳击手骨折 |
[36:30] | Resulting from a clenched fist striking something or… | 成因是用紧握的拳头击打某个东西或者 |
[36:34] | someone. | 某个人 |
[36:36] | You don’t think that… | 你不会认为 |
[36:37] | that Teri fought back against Carly, do you? | 泰瑞回击了卡莉吧 |
[36:40] | She just willingly confessed to matricide this afternoon. | 她今天下午才自愿承认弑母 |
[36:42] | I doubt she would leave out the part where her mum fought back. | 我不信她会漏下她母亲反击的部分 |
[36:48] | The pen. | 钢笔 |
[36:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:58] | Mr. Silver. | 西尔弗先生 |
[37:01] | Such a pleasure to see you again. | 真高兴再见到你 |
[37:04] | You’re angry. | 你很生气 |
[37:06] | You know the government’s working | 你知道政府正致力于 |
[37:07] | on one of those deals you mentioned, | 你曾提过的其中一条交易 |
[37:09] | looking to trade you back to where you came from. | 把你交换回你来的地方 |
[37:11] | I’m afraid I’m about to bollocks that all up for you now. | 恐怕我不得不敲碎你的美梦了 |
[37:16] | That would be… impressive. | 那可真是 厉害啊 |
[37:19] | For the record, Mr. Silver, | 正式声明 西尔弗先生 |
[37:20] | you never saw Teri, | 你在谋杀案前夜 |
[37:21] | you never visited her at the hotel the night of her murder? | 没见过泰瑞 也没去酒店拜访过她 |
[37:25] | As I explained to your men the day I met them, | 就像我第一天见到你的人所说的一样 |
[37:29] | I didn’t see her for the entire week befor she died. | 我在她死前一整周都没见过她 |
[37:33] | Nyet, comrade. Big lie. | 不 同志 大谎话 |
[37:36] | You saw her the day she died. | 在她死的那天你见过她 |
[37:39] | You came running into her office when you realized | 在你意识到她和她女儿的会面变得糟糕时 |
[37:41] | her meeting with her daughter had gone south. | 你奔进她的办公室 |
[37:44] | You then pressured Carly into joining the family business, | 你逼迫卡莉加入家庭事业 |
[37:47] | and you asked her to leave | 然后叫她离开 |
[37:48] | so you could dispose of her mother’s body. | 以便你处理她母亲的尸体 |
[37:51] | The only problem was, | 唯一的问题就在于 |
[37:52] | she wasn’t dead yet. | 她那时还没断气 |
[37:54] | You had a big decision to make. | 你需要作出一个重大的决定 |
[37:58] | You’d just used her apparent murder | 你需要用她的死亡 |
[38:00] | to leverage her daughter into becoming a spy. | 影响她的女儿成为一名间谍 |
[38:03] | Carly was quite an asset for you. | 卡莉对你而言很有用 |
[38:07] | A real U.S. citizen. | 一个真正地美国公民 |
[38:09] | Not much use in the short term, but in the long term– | 虽然短期内用不上 但是长远的看 |
[38:12] | sky’s the limit. | 完全没有限制 |
[38:14] | I mean, she-she could be | 当所有的事情办妥之后 |
[38:15] | President Purcell when all was said and done. | 她可以成为珀赛尔总统 |
[38:18] | Unfortunately, the same could not be said for poor Teri. | 不幸的是 这对于泰瑞可不起效 |
[38:23] | So you decided to… | 于是你决定 |
[38:25] | retire her. | 让她离开 |
[38:26] | Teri fought back, though. | 可是泰瑞还击了 |
[38:28] | She hit you hard enough to break her hand. | 她用力击打你以至于手掌骨折 |
[38:30] | When that didn’t work, she relieved you of that. | 当那不起作用的时候 她让你放松了警惕 |
[38:33] | Used it to stab at you. | 用它来捅你 |
[38:36] | She only managed to break it open in her hand. | 她只做到了让它在自己手中断裂 |
[38:40] | Nonsense. | 胡扯 |
[38:41] | Yeah. I can understand why it looks that way, yeah. | 是的 我能理解为什么你这么说 |
[38:43] | After all, there was no ink found at the crime scene. | 毕竟 犯罪现场没发现墨汁 |
[38:46] | None on Teri, none on any of the other linens in the washer. | 泰瑞身上 洗衣机里的衣物上也没发现 |
[38:50] | But then I thought, just because you can’t see a stain | 但是我想到 污点并不是你看不到 |
[38:53] | doesn’t mean it isn’t there. | 就不存在的 |
[38:55] | Are you familiar with the concept of invisible ink? | 你对于隐形墨水的概念熟悉吗 |
[39:00] | Invisible ink? | 隐形墨水 |
[39:01] | Yeah. Yeah, trust me. | 是的 相信我 |
[39:04] | I know precisely how ridiculous it sounds. | 我知道这听起来有多可笑 |
[39:07] | Might as well have a phone in your shoe. | 就跟你的鞋里面藏有电话一样 |
[39:10] | And yet, spies like you | 但是 像你这样的间谍 |
[39:12] | have been using it for centuries. | 已经使用了几个世纪 |
[39:14] | This pen, for example, had traces of a type known as | 比如 这只钢笔用的就是 |
[39:17] | permanent fluorescing ink, | 永久荧光油墨 |
[39:19] | imperceptible to the human eye, | 人眼感觉不到 |
[39:21] | and revealed only under an ultraviolet light. | 只会在紫外线照射下才会显现 |
[39:23] | Now, I went to the morgue this morning, | 我今天早上去了一趟陈尸所 |
[39:27] | and I shone Teri’s hand under a UV lamp. | 我用紫外线灯照射泰瑞的手 |
[39:32] | Even after the wash, her palm was covered in the stuff. | 即便被洗过 她的手掌仍满是墨汁 |
[39:36] | And when she struggled with you, | 当她和你纠缠的时候 |
[39:38] | she got it all over your clothes. | 她也抹了你一身的墨 |
[39:41] | Captain, if you will? | 警监 可以吗 |
[39:44] | Exhibit B. | 证物B |
[39:48] | Your Zegna shirt, | 你的杰尼亚衬衫 |
[39:50] | raided from your closet | 今天早些时候从你的 |
[39:51] | earlier today, under a warrant. | 衣橱里搜来的 有搜查令 |
[39:55] | When I shine a UV lamp on it, | 当我用紫外线灯照射它的时候 |
[39:57] | the story it reveals is as clear as it is compelling. | 它所展现的故事就如刚发生时那么清晰 |
[40:03] | And that’s Teri’s handprint on your shirt. | 那是你衬衫上的泰瑞的手掌印 |
[40:09] | You didn’t just see her the other night, | 你那晚不仅见了她 |
[40:13] | you killed her. | 还杀害了她 |
[40:16] | You were right the other day. | 那天你说得对 |
[40:18] | The U.S. | 美国政府 |
[40:19] | would trade a spy under the right circumstances. | 在合适的情况下会交换间谍 |
[40:23] | These, however, are not those circumstances. | 但是这个 不属于那些情况之中 |
[40:27] | A matter of fact, | 事实是 |
[40:29] | I see your stay in the States being extended. | 我倒觉得你在美国的时间会更长了 |
[40:32] | Somewhere along the lines of 20 to life? | 在某个地方待上20年到一辈子 |
[40:40] | What’s going to happen with my dad? | 我爸爸会怎么样 |
[40:43] | He’s cooperating | 他现在正在 |
[40:44] | with the FBI right now, in exchange for immunity. | 和联邦调查局的人商谈 以获得豁免 |
[40:47] | You’ll both be placed in Witness Protection | 你们都会被置于证人保护计划下 |
[40:48] | and get a new start. | 迎来新的开始 |
[40:53] | I, uh… | 我 |
[40:55] | I know my mom was asking me to do something really terrible, | 我知道我妈妈要求我做很坏的事情 |
[40:58] | but I loved her, and I just, | 但是我爱她 我 |
[41:02] | I still feel really, really responsible. | 我仍觉得自己要承担责任 |
[41:06] | It’s going to hurt for a while. | 这会使你伤心一段时间 |
[41:09] | You need to let it. | 你需要面对它 |
[41:12] | And if any old demons come back… | 如果以前的魔鬼再来找你 |
[41:14] | I’ll-I’ll-I’ll call you. | 我会打给你 |
[41:16] | Or I’ll… I’ll talk to my dad. | 或者我 和我爸爸谈谈 |
[41:19] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[41:22] | Listen, if you two are through, | 你们俩要是谈完了 |
[41:23] | I can take Miss Purcell to see her dad now. | 我可以带珀赛尔小姐去见她爸爸了 |
[41:25] | Great. | 很好 |
[41:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:37] | Tough times don’t last. | 艰难的时光不会太久 |
[41:39] | Tough people do. | 只有坚强的人才能坚持到底 |
[41:54] | How’s Miss Purcell? | 珀赛尔小姐怎么样 |
[41:56] | As well as can be expected. | 和所能预见的一样好 |
[41:59] | Quite proud of you, Watson– | 很为你骄傲 华生 |
[42:00] | your doggedness. | 你的坚持 |
[42:02] | I give you as much credit | 在这件案子上我对于你的信心 |
[42:03] | for solving this case as I do myself. | 就像我对于自己那般 |
[42:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:09] | Hm. No wonder you’re so keen to stay on as my associate. | 难怪你那么渴望能在我身边做我的助手 |
[42:11] | Sherlock… | 夏洛克 |
[42:12] | As I proposed the other day, | 就像我那天的提议 |
[42:13] | we can tell my father I’ve hit a bit of a rough patch. | 我们可以告诉我父亲 我正陷入艰难时期 |
[42:15] | He’ll keep the checks coming. | 他会保证资金不断 |
[42:17] | You can continue to hone your skill. | 你就能继续磨练你的技能了 |
[42:18] | I took another job this morning. | 今天早上我接了另一份工作 |
[42:23] | I work with other therapists, | 我和其他治疗师一起工作 |
[42:25] | and I was referred to another client, | 我被安排去接另一位客户 |
[42:26] | so I’ll be starting with him next week, | 所以下周我们俩圆满收尾后 |
[42:27] | after you and I wrap up. | 我就要去陪他了 |
[42:30] | I see. | 懂了 |
[42:33] | I’m usually quite good with deductions. | 我通常的推理还是很不错的 |
[42:37] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[42:40] | My dear Watson, whenever am I not? | 我亲爱的华生 我什么时候不好了呢 |