时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Too loud? | 太响了 |
[00:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:23] | I went downstairs to get some cereal. | 我下楼去拿麦片 |
[00:24] | Didn’t want to miss anything. | 不想错过任何信息 |
[00:28] | This city has excellent scanner apps, | 这个城市的对讲装置非常好 |
[00:30] | but there’s nothing like the tactility | 但是没什么能比得上 |
[00:32] | of the original devices– all those dials and buttons. | 原始设备的触感 那些调节器和按钮 |
[00:36] | You like pushing buttons; I’m stunned. | 你喜欢按按钮 我很震惊 |
[00:39] | You’ve been glued to these for the last few days. | 这几天你就黏在这上面了 |
[00:41] | It’s a slow week. | 这周不太景气 |
[00:42] | At least in regards to murder and mayhem. | 至少在谋杀和故意伤害方面 |
[00:44] | Captain Gregson hasn’t called once. | 格雷森警监一个电话也没打来 |
[00:46] | Maybe some lunatic will | 也许某个疯子 |
[00:47] | put his mother-in-law in the wood chipper, | 会把自己的岳母塞进碎木机 |
[00:49] | give you something to do today. | 给你点事情做 |
[00:52] | Uh, I need to talk to you about something. | 我要和你说件事 |
[00:55] | That’s never good. | 肯定不是好事 |
[00:56] | Your father e-mailed me last night before I went to bed. | 昨晚我睡前收到你父亲的邮件 |
[00:58] | He’s coming into town for business. | 他要来市里谈生意 |
[01:00] | Wants to have dinner. | 想一起吃个晚饭 |
[01:05] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[01:05] | Him. Dinner. Us. | 你 他 我们 |
[01:08] | You. | 吃完饭 |
[01:10] | Remind me, Watson: how many times | 提醒我一下 华生 你真正见过 |
[01:11] | have you actually met the man? | 那个男人几次 |
[01:13] | Never. | 从没 |
[01:14] | That’s because he secured your services | 因为他把请你担任我的 |
[01:15] | as my sober companion electronically. | 康戒陪护这件事电子化了 |
[01:17] | – Yeah, but… – And all of your | -是的 但是… -你们后续的 |
[01:18] | subsequent correspondence has been via e-mail | 所有通信都是通过电子邮件 |
[01:20] | or through one of his legion of personal assistants. | 或者通过他私人助理团队的某个人 |
[01:22] | – So? – So, take it from someone | -所以呢 -所以 听听一个 |
[01:24] | who has spent incrementally more time with him than you: | 和他相处了更长时间的人说的话 |
[01:26] | he has zero intention of meeting us for dinner this evening. | 他今晚根本不打算跟我们一起用餐 |
[01:29] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[01:31] | …at Beach 17 Street. | …海滩17街 |
[01:33] | 10-4, multiple units responding. | 10-4 多个部门响应 |
[01:36] | Detective, show me 84 at the scene, over. | 警探 在现场84 结束 |
[01:39] | – What is it? – Get dressed. We’re leaving. | -这是什么 -换衣服 马上出发 |
[01:42] | Do you want to tell me what you just heard? | 能告诉我你刚才听到的是什么吗 |
[01:46] | “10-66.” Code for “Unusual incident.” | “10-66″是”不寻常事件”的代码 |
[01:48] | It can mean one of only three things. | 只会出现三种情况 |
[01:50] | Location of the incident– Far Rockaway Beach– | 事件发生地点 远洛克威海滩 |
[01:52] | indicates it’s neither a train collision | 说明既不是火车相撞 |
[01:54] | nor a building collapse, which leaves only one possibility. | 也不是建筑倒塌 于是只剩下一种可能 |
[01:59] | Plane crash. | 飞机失事 |
[02:01] | I didn’t realize you also investigated accidents? | 我不知道你还调查意外事故 |
[02:03] | We need to find Captain Gregson. | 我们要找格雷森警监 |
[02:05] | He 84’d on the scanner. I heard his voice. | 他通过对讲机84了 我听到了他的声音 |
[02:07] | “84” is confirmation he had arrived on the scene. | “84”是指确认他已经抵达现场 |
[02:10] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[02:11] | I heard what happened on the scanner; | 我通过对讲机知道了发生的事 |
[02:13] | I thought I might be able to be of assistance. | 我觉得我能来帮个忙 |
[02:15] | This isn’t a crime scene, it’s a crash site. | 这又不是犯罪现场 这是坠机现场 |
[02:17] | I’m a jack-of- many-trades. | 我对很多事都略知一二 |
[02:18] | When it comes to aviation and air accidents, | 不过说到飞机和空难 |
[02:20] | I’m something of an expert. | 我可堪称专家 |
[02:21] | Good to know, but we’ve already got all the experts we need. | 挺好的 但是我们的专家已经齐全了 |
[02:24] | This is their scene, not mine. | 这里是他们的现场 不是我的 |
[02:26] | Department’s just here to lend a hand. | 局里只是来帮忙的 |
[02:28] | Captain Gregson? | 格雷森警监 |
[02:30] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[02:31] | Some of our looky-loos are getting a little too close for comfort. | 一些围观群众离得太近 会妨碍工作 |
[02:33] | Sergeant, you hear that? | 队长 你听到了 |
[02:34] | Excuse me, Miss, uh… | 不好意思 女士… |
[02:36] | Molinari. | 莫里那瑞 |
[02:37] | What exactly are we looking at? | 调查得如何了 |
[02:39] | Engine failure? Bird strike? | 引擎故障 鸟群撞击 |
[02:40] | Fatigued wing spar? | 翼梁疲劳 |
[02:43] | Ms. Molinari, uh, this is, uh, Sherlock Holmes. | 莫里那瑞女士 这是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[02:45] | He’s a consultant with the NYPD. | 他是纽约警局的顾问 |
[02:47] | Miss Watson. | 这位是华生小姐 |
[02:48] | You have a consultant for plane crashes? | 你叫了顾问来调查飞机坠毁 |
[02:50] | No, he’s… | 不 他是 |
[02:52] | A specialist in the field of deductive reasoning. | 演绎推理领域的专家 |
[02:55] | And unraveling the complex chain of events | 解决复杂的系列事件 |
[02:56] | that can turn a triumph of human innovation | 能使得人类变革的胜利在几秒内 |
[02:58] | into a smoldering pile of wreckage in seconds– | 变得就像闷烧的废墟 |
[03:02] | well, I can’t think of a more compelling application than that. | 我想不到还有什么更引人注目的用途 |
[03:07] | Well, thank you for the offer, Mr. Holmes, | 感谢你的帮助 福尔摩斯先生 |
[03:09] | but I think we have things covered. | 不过我们负责这里的事 |
[03:13] | Go home, okay? | 回家 好么 |
[03:15] | If you really need something to do, I’ll send you | 如果你真的闲得没事做 我会给你 |
[03:17] | some cold case files when I get… | 找一些悬案的档案 不过要等我 |
[03:19] | back to the precinct. | 回到管辖区 |
[03:21] | Holmes! | 福尔摩斯 |
[03:38] | How many of the passengers were attorneys? | 有多少乘客是律师 |
[03:40] | All of them. | 全部都是 |
[03:41] | – How did you…? – The toiletry kit. | -你是怎么… -盥洗包 |
[03:43] | It’s emblazoned with the logo “VeriScript.” | 上面印有”真实笔迹”的标志 |
[03:46] | That’s a court reporting company | 那是家法庭报告公司 |
[03:48] | hired to transcribe depositions. | 雇人转录口供 |
[03:50] | Obviously given to the lawyers as some sort of promotional gift, | 显然是作为某种促销礼物发给律师们 |
[03:53] | help drum up business. | 推动业务发展的 |
[03:55] | This man’s leg was nearly amputated by a piece of fuselage, | 这个人的腿几乎要被飞机碎片给割掉了 |
[03:58] | yet there’s virtually no evidence of blood loss on his pants. | 但他的裤子上几乎没有出血的痕迹 |
[04:02] | Laceration like that while his heart was still pumping, | 心脏仍在跳动时造成那样的裂伤 |
[04:05] | that’d make quite a mess, no? | 肯定会有大量出血 是吧 |
[04:07] | To put it mildly. | 毫不夸张 |
[04:09] | Blunt force trauma on the back of his head. | 头部遭受钝力损伤 |
[04:11] | It’s a nasty one at that. | 可真严重 |
[04:14] | Someone caved his skull in before the plane hit the ground. | 有人在坠机前就弄塌了他的头骨 |
[04:18] | This man didn’t die in a plane crash… | 这个人不是死于坠机 |
[04:21] | he was murdered. | 他是被谋杀的 |
[04:31] | Note the distinctive shape of the wound, the depth, | 注意伤口的特殊形状 深度 |
[04:34] | the severity of damage to the bone, gray matter. | 骨头受损的严重程度 脑灰质 |
[04:37] | The murder weapon wasn’t just heavy, | 凶器不止很重 |
[04:39] | it had two prongs at the tip. | 顶端有两根刺 |
[04:42] | A wrench? | 扳手 |
[04:43] | Large one. | 大号的 |
[04:45] | Blow would’ve killed him instantly. | 打击能使他即刻丧命 |
[04:46] | Has the, uh, has the voice recorder been recovered from the cockpit? | 找到机舱里的录音了吗 |
[04:49] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[04:51] | Any eyewitness accounts of the crash? | 有飞机坠毁的目击者吗 |
[04:54] | One, a jogger. | 有一个慢跑者 |
[04:56] | She said that the plane was gaining altitude | 她说飞机正在上升 |
[04:58] | when the nose suddenly went straight up. | 机首突然直线向上 |
[05:00] | It climbed like that for a while, then shuddered, | 那样爬升了一会儿 随后开始震动 |
[05:04] | tipped to the right and went into a tailspin. | 向右倾斜 然后就一头跌落下来 |
[05:06] | I was thinking wake turbulence or elevator control failure. | 我在考虑机尾乱流或是升降舵操作失败 |
[05:12] | Might want to add “Wrench-wielding madman” to that list. | 你也许该把”挥舞扳手的疯子”加上去 |
[05:16] | The passengers were all attorneys with the same white shoe firm. | 乘客都是来自同一家上流公司的律师 |
[05:20] | Two men, one woman. | 两名男性 一名女性 |
[05:21] | The odds of one of them attacking the other | 他们中的一个在这架小飞机的后面 |
[05:23] | in the back of this small plane with a wrench… | 用扳手袭击了另一个人的可能性 |
[05:26] | You can see how that might be distracting to a pilot, no? | 那肯定会令飞行员分心 对吧 |
[05:30] | Unless the pilot was the killer. | 除非飞行员就是凶手 |
[05:32] | You’re saying that the pilot got up from his controls | 你是说飞行员离开控制室 |
[05:35] | to attack a passenger? | 去袭击乘客 |
[05:36] | Drivers get road rage. | 驾驶员都有路怒症 |
[05:38] | Can a pilot get air rage? | 飞行员会有空怒症吗 |
[05:40] | Would you come with me? | 过来一下好吗 |
[05:41] | Let’s talk logistics. | 咱们来谈谈逻辑学 |
[05:47] | Did you find something? | 发现什么了 |
[05:48] | Sand. | 沙子 |
[05:51] | Well, yeah… | 好吧 |
[05:52] | th-these granules aren’t frosted. | 这些颗粒表面很不平整 |
[05:55] | Natural sand is, um, it’s smoother, weathered. | 自然的沙子经历了风化 会更光滑 |
[06:00] | The city must have trucked in new sand | 这个城市肯定运输了一批新沙 |
[06:01] | to offset the erosion on the beach. | 用来抵消海滩的侵蚀 |
[06:03] | Are you okay? You seem a little off, | 你还好吗 你看起来有点失常 |
[06:05] | even for you. | 即使你本来就不正常 |
[06:06] | What? Four people are dead, Watson. | 什么 死了四个人 华生 |
[06:08] | I’m just trying to do my part. | 我只是想查清楚 |
[06:10] | I get it, but whoever killed that attorney | 我理解 但是不论是谁杀害了那个律师 |
[06:12] | must have died in that crash, too, right? | 肯定也死于空难了 是吧 |
[06:14] | Obviously. | 很显然 |
[06:16] | Well, then if there’s no killer on the loose, | 如果凶手没有逍遥法外 |
[06:18] | I just, I don’t understand why you’re sticking around. | 我不知道你还在这儿瞎转什么 |
[06:21] | Because the killer hasn’t been identified yet. | 因为凶手还没有被确定 |
[06:23] | We have three suspects. | 我们有三个嫌疑人 |
[06:24] | Dead, alive, doesn’t matter. | 死的还是活的 无所谓 |
[06:26] | Two of them are innocent of the crime. | 其中有两个是无辜的 |
[06:28] | Don’t you think we owe it to their loved ones to prove that? | 你不觉得我们该向他们的亲朋解释清楚吗 |
[06:30] | Absolutely, but all the police have to do is find the murder weapon. | 当然 但是警察需要做的只是找出凶器 |
[06:34] | Then they can compare fingerprints. | 然后他们就能对比指纹 |
[06:35] | What if they don’t find it? What then? Hmm? | 要是他们找不到呢 那该怎么办 |
[06:38] | Also, the killer committed a murder | 还有 凶手在一架小飞机上 |
[06:39] | on a very small plane with a very large wrench. | 用很大的扳手实施了一宗谋杀 |
[06:42] | Now, if the crime was spur-of-the-moment, | 如果凶案只是一时冲动 |
[06:44] | what was the wrench doing there, hmm? | 扳手是哪来的 |
[06:45] | If it was premeditated, what was the killer thinking? | 如果是有预谋的 那这个凶手在想什么 |
[06:47] | He– or she– waited | 他 或者她 等待着 |
[06:49] | until they were in an extremely confined space | 直到和他们的受害者还有两名目击者 |
[06:51] | with their would-be victim | 进入了一个极度封闭的空间里 |
[06:52] | and two witnesses. Hmm? | 才作案 |
[06:54] | That seems like a strange time and place | 对于一起暴力凶杀案来说 |
[06:56] | to commit a violent homicide, | 这真是诡异的时间和地点 |
[06:57] | wouldn’t you agree? | 你同意吗 |
[06:59] | It’s just… | 这真是 |
[07:00] | there’s a story here, Watson. | 华生 这里面有内情 |
[07:03] | And we can help tell it. | 我们可以解读出来 |
[07:04] | Or do we just need to stay busy enough | 然后我们就可以因为公事繁忙 |
[07:06] | to miss dinner with your father? | 而错过和你父亲的晚餐了 |
[07:08] | So, CSU’s en route to process the scene. | 犯罪现场调查组正赶来进行现场调查 |
[07:11] | NTSB will work their crash, | 国家运输安全委员会来处理坠机事件 |
[07:13] | and we’ll work our murder. | 而我们去调查谋杀案 |
[07:14] | If I may make a suggestion, Captain. | 警监 如果要我说 |
[07:16] | We start by speaking with the people | 我们应该从询问 |
[07:18] | who were the last to have seen the victims alive. | 最后见到受害者的人开始 |
[07:20] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[07:23] | Joe and I were | 我和乔 |
[07:24] | friends for over 20 years. | 是20年的老朋友了 |
[07:27] | This would be Joe Newell, the pilot? | 是那个飞行员 乔·内维尔吗 |
[07:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:31] | Were you very familiar with the passengers? | 你熟悉那些乘客吗 |
[07:34] | Walter Devlin flew with us quite a bit. | 沃特·戴夫林和我们一起飞过很多次了 |
[07:37] | But that was mostly for cases | 多数情况下 |
[07:39] | that he or his law firm were taking on. | 飞机都是他或他的律所雇用的 |
[07:42] | What about his associates? | 那他的合作人呢 |
[07:43] | Uh, Hank Gerrard and Ellie Wilson? | 汉克?杰拉德和艾莉·威尔逊 |
[07:45] | Yeah, they accompanied him once or twice, | 有一两次他们和他一起 |
[07:47] | but I never actually met them. | 但我从没真正见过他们 |
[07:48] | You weren’t at the airstrip when the plane took off this morning? | 今早飞机起飞的时候 你并不在机场 |
[07:51] | I own the company, I don’t fly the planes. | 我运营这家公司 但我不开飞机 |
[07:52] | So I’m not always there when they take off. | 所以他们起飞的时候 我不是每次都在场 |
[07:54] | Your friend, Joe– was he an irascible type? | 你的朋友乔 是个脾气暴躁的人吗 |
[07:58] | – Short-tempered? – No. | -易怒吗 -不 |
[08:00] | He’s ex-military. | 他以前在部队服役 |
[08:01] | Joe didn’t have a temper. | 乔是个老好人 |
[08:03] | We have reason to believe | 我们确信 |
[08:04] | that there was an incident shortly after takeoff. | 在起飞后不久 发生了一些变故 |
[08:07] | Uh, Hank Gerrard may have been attacked. | 汉克?杰拉德可能被袭击了 |
[08:10] | I don’t understand. And you think that’s | 我不明白 你们是认为 |
[08:12] | what might have brought down the plane? | 这是飞机坠毁的原因吗 |
[08:13] | We’re waiting for the NTSB | 我们在等运输安全委员会 |
[08:14] | to make their official report. | 给出官方报告 |
[08:18] | Look, I don’t know how much help it’d be, | 我不知道这能帮到你们多少 |
[08:19] | but we put a security camera in the parking area last year | 但是自从去年发生了撬车盗窃 |
[08:23] | after a couple cars were broken into. | 我们就在停车场装了摄像头 |
[08:24] | You might be able to see the passengers arriving. | 你可以在录像里看到乘客到达飞机场 |
[08:27] | We’ll take it, definitely. | 我们会去查看的 |
[08:29] | But as far as Joe goes, | 至于乔 |
[08:30] | all I can tell you is he was as good a man as he was a pilot, | 我只想说他是个好人也是名优秀的飞行员 |
[08:34] | and he never had one problem with any passenger. | 他不会和任何一个乘客发生冲突的 |
[08:36] | So, if Mr. Gerrard was attacked, | 所以 如果杰拉德先生被袭击了 |
[08:39] | Joe wasn’t the guy who did it. | 绝对不是乔干的 |
[08:42] | Learn anything? | 有收获吗 |
[08:43] | Only that the pilot’s boss thought very highly of him. | 只知道那个飞行员的老板对他评价很高 |
[08:47] | Doesn’t mean he didn’t go mental on a passenger, mind you. | 但是请注意 这并不意味着他没袭击乘客 |
[08:49] | I just got an e-mail from your dad’s personal secretary. | 我刚收到你爸爸私人秘书的邮件 |
[08:52] | Ah, told you he’d back out. | 告诉过你他会爽约 |
[08:54] | Actually, he was wondering | 事实上 他只是想知道 |
[08:56] | if we could do dinner at Lure at 6:00. | 我们能不能6点到达路亚餐厅吃晚饭 |
[08:59] | Look, I know you have your issues, | 我知道你有你的工作 |
[09:00] | but I think it’s important that we go. | 但我认为这顿饭很重要 |
[09:02] | Of course you do. | 你当然会这么想 |
[09:03] | He’s signing your checks. | 是他给你付工资 |
[09:04] | Remind me, | 我给忘了 |
[09:05] | how are you paying for the brownstone again? | 你是怎么买下那栋褐色砖墙的房子的 |
[09:09] | He obviously cares about you. | 他显然是在乎你的 |
[09:10] | If he didn’t, he would not have put you through rehab | 如果他不关心你 他不会送你去戒毒 |
[09:12] | and he certainly would not have hired me to work with you. | 也不会雇佣我来陪护你 |
[09:16] | I’m about to disabuse you of several notions, | 我要纠正你几个概念 |
[09:18] | so please listen very carefully. | 麻烦你听听好 |
[09:19] | One, my father does not care about me. | 第一 我爸根本不会关心我 |
[09:22] | He does what he does out of a sense of familial obligations. | 他所做的从某种意义上来说是家庭责任 |
[09:24] | Big difference. | 这两者根本不同 |
[09:25] | Two, he does not care about you | 第二 他也压根不在乎你 |
[09:27] | or what you think. | 或者你的想法 |
[09:28] | Meeting you would be a formality. | 见你不过是走形式而已 |
[09:29] | Three, as I’ve already told you, | 第三 我告诉过你的 |
[09:31] | your concern is unwarranted, ’cause he has absolutely | 你的担心是多余的 因为他 |
[09:33] | no intention of showing up tonight. | 今晚压根不会出现 |
[09:35] | How could you possibly know that? | 你怎么这么确定 |
[09:36] | Because he is a serial absentee. | 因为他是习惯性爽约 |
[09:38] | A pathological maker and breaker of promises. | 一个病态的 不遵守承诺的人 |
[09:41] | Been that way since I was a boy. | 从我小时候就这样了 |
[09:43] | Fool me once, shame on you. | 愚弄了我一次 可耻的是你 |
[09:44] | Fool me ad nauseam… | 欺骗我到了令人作呕的程度 |
[09:46] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[09:47] | Got something for you and the captain. | 我有进展要告诉你和警监 |
[09:50] | Captain, just got off the phone with | 警监 刚刚接到沃特·戴夫林公司的 |
[09:52] | one of the junior partners at Walter Devlin’s firm. | 一个次级合伙人打来的电话 |
[09:55] | He said that Devlin, Hank Gerrard and Ellie Wilson | 他说戴夫林 汉克·杰拉德和艾莉·威尔逊 |
[09:57] | were headed to a retreat in Martha’s Vineyard to work on | 是飞往玛莎葡萄岛闭关并致力于 |
[09:59] | a class action case against a company called Carmanto Foods. | 同卡曼陀食品公司的集体诉讼案 |
[10:03] | There were allegations that the company’s | 有指证说他们公司的 |
[10:04] | sugar substitute causes cancer. | 糖替代物致癌 |
[10:06] | Plaintiffs were seeking damages | 原告要求赔偿 |
[10:07] | in the neighborhood of a hundred million. | 接近一亿的巨款 |
[10:09] | Seems there was a lot of infighting | 似乎死亡的三位律师 |
[10:10] | among our three dead lawyers about how to proceed. | 在如何推进案子上起了内讧 |
[10:12] | Anyone particularly angry with the murder victim, Hank Gerrard? | 有没有人同被害人特别不和 |
[10:15] | As a matter of fact, yeah. | 事实上 有 |
[10:17] | He was butting heads with his boss, walter Devlin. | 他和他的老板沃特·戴夫林是死对头 |
[10:19] | Devlin’s inclination was to settle, | 戴夫林倾向于和解 |
[10:20] | Gerrard’s was to keep fighting. | 杰拉德倾向于据理力争 |
[10:22] | They’d had a few loud arguments at the office. | 他们好几次在办公室大声争执 |
[10:24] | Guy I spoke to thought Gerrard was gonna get fired | 那个人认为 如果杰拉德态度不回转 |
[10:27] | if he didn’t back down. | 他就会被炒掉 |
[10:28] | Sounds like we’ve got our primary suspect. | 看起来我们找到了主要嫌疑人 |
[10:30] | Still doesn’t explain | 但仍然不能解释 |
[10:31] | why the head of a successful law firm | 为什么一个成功的律师事务所负责人 |
[10:32] | would’ve brought a wrench aboard a small aircraft. | 会带着扳手乘坐一架小型飞机 |
[10:35] | It’s possible | 这有可能 |
[10:35] | we’re about to find out. | 我们马上就知道了 |
[10:37] | Ms. Molinari of the NTSB. | 运输安全委员会的莫里那瑞女士 |
[10:40] | They just found the plane’s black box. | 他们刚刚找到了飞机的黑匣子 |
[10:47] | Key Star two eight three hotel foxtrot, | 星之钥 高频283频道 |
[10:49] | state your position. | 报告你的位置 |
[10:50] | Air traffic control. | 这是塔台 |
[10:52] | Key Star two eight three hotel foxtrot… | 星之钥 高频283 |
[10:53] | That’s the pilot, Joe Newell. | 那是飞行员乔·内维尔的声音 |
[10:56] | …endurance 90 minutes. | 续航时间90分钟 |
[10:57] | Thank you, Key Star. | 收到 星之钥 |
[10:58] | You’re clear to climb to 3,400. | 你可以攀升至3400米 |
[10:59] | What the hell’s wrong with you, Hank? | 汉克 你他妈搞什么鬼 |
[11:01] | Do you have any idea what’s in stake here? | 你知不知道当中的利害关系 |
[11:03] | You got to hear the transmission. | 你得听听传动装置 |
[11:05] | You think I’m just gonna let it slide? Guess again. | 你以为我会就这么算了吗 休想 |
[11:06] | What’s happening here, Walter? | 这是怎么回事 沃特 |
[11:09] | Walter Devlin, Ellie Wilson. | 沃特·戴夫林 艾莉·威尔逊. |
[11:12] | Come back here, we can talk about it. | 快回这儿来 我们可以聊聊 |
[11:13] | Key Star to ATC, what’s my best vector? | 星之钥致塔台 我的最佳航线是什么 |
[11:15] | You cannot protect Hank, Ellie; not for me. | 艾莉 你别再为汉克辩护了 而不是我 |
[11:19] | What the hell, what the hell’s going on back there?! | 见鬼 到底发生了什么 |
[11:26] | Key Star to ATC, we have an emergency. | 星之钥致塔台 紧急情况 |
[11:29] | ATC to Key Star: Are you able to maintain altitude? | 塔台致星之钥 还能保持高度吗 |
[11:32] | That’s a negative. | 不行 |
[11:34] | Brace! Brace! | 布雷斯 布雷斯 |
[11:41] | I can’t believe it, but it sounds like you were right. | 真不敢相信 但似乎你是对的 |
[11:44] | No, I was mistaken. There wasn’t any fight. | 不 我弄错了 其实没有打斗 |
[11:46] | But you can hear… | 但是可以听到 |
[11:48] | An entirely one-sided argument. | 那个是完全片面的观点 |
[11:49] | Mr. Gerrard never says a word. | 杰拉德先生没说一个字 |
[11:51] | But the junior partner that you spoke with | 你询问的次级合伙人说 |
[11:53] | said that he and Devlin were prone to loud disagreements. | 他和戴夫林常常大声争吵 |
[11:55] | Yet this morning, Hank Gerrard doesn’t even get | 但是今天早上汉克?杰拉德 |
[11:58] | a syllable in edgeways. | 在旁边完全没出声 |
[11:59] | Also I’m assuming that if your people had found | 而且我猜测 你的手下至今没发现凶器 |
[12:01] | a murder weapon by now, you would have told us. | 不然你就会告诉我们了 |
[12:03] | It seems strange, given that | 但是真奇怪啊 |
[12:04] | every other piece of debris | 每一块残骸 |
[12:06] | seems to have been accounted for. | 似乎都已经核查过了 |
[12:07] | Could’ve ended up in the water. | 有可能掉到水里了 |
[12:09] | Well, nothing else seemed to. | 可似乎没有别的东西掉进去 |
[12:10] | Okay, how do you explain the pilot’s initial exchange | 那好 你怎么解释飞行员和塔台 |
[12:13] | with air traffic control? | 刚开始的交流 |
[12:14] | He says, and I quote, “Three souls aboard.” | 他的原话是 “三人已登机” |
[12:16] | Three. Not four. | 三个 不是四个 |
[12:17] | He could have meant three passengers. | 可能他指的是三名乘客 |
[12:19] | Pilots often don’t include themselves in the count. | 飞行员通常没把自己计算在内 |
[12:21] | I believe this one did. | 我相信他算在内了 |
[12:23] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[12:23] | That he didn’t know Hank Gerrard was in the cabin? | 飞行员不知道汉克?杰拉德在客舱里吗 |
[12:26] | I’m saying Hank Gerrard wasn’t in the cabin. | 我想说汉克?杰拉德根本不在客舱里 |
[12:29] | But that’s impossible. His body was in the wreckage. | 不可能啊 他的尸体的确在废墟中 |
[12:31] | Allow me, if you will, | 请允许我 |
[12:32] | another interpretation of the evidence. | 阐述另一种可能的解释 |
[12:34] | Hank Gerrard wasn’t killed on the plane, | 汉克?杰拉德不是死在飞机上的 |
[12:38] | he was killed elsewhere, and earlier in the morning. | 他是早些时候 在别的地方被杀的 |
[12:41] | It would explain why the wrench hasn’t turned up, | 这就解释了为什么找不到扳手 |
[12:43] | ’cause it wasn’t on the plane. | 因为它根本不在飞机上 |
[12:45] | Because the crime scene, crash site, | 犯罪现场和坠机现场 |
[12:46] | two entirely different places, hmm? | 是两个完全不同的地点 |
[12:50] | The killer bludgeoned Mr. Gerrard, then, for reasons | 凶手打死杰拉德先生后 |
[12:53] | yet to be determined, | 出于某个未知的原因 |
[12:55] | conceals his body in the cargo hold. | 把尸体藏在了货舱里 |
[12:56] | Mr. Devlin, he just assumes | 戴夫林先生只是认为 |
[12:58] | that Gerrard has missed the flight, | 杰拉德错过了登机时间 |
[13:00] | so he calls his absentee colleague to scold him. | 所以他打电话给缺席的员工责备他 |
[13:03] | That’s would explain why | 这就解释了为什么 |
[13:04] | you don’t hear Gerrard’s voice on the recording, | 在录音中听不到杰拉德的声音 |
[13:06] | ’cause Devlin’s tirade was a voice message. | 因为戴夫林谩骂的对象是语音留言 |
[13:09] | Now Ms. Wilson, she tries to calm Devlin. | 威尔森女士试着去劝服戴夫林 |
[13:11] | She leads him towards the back of the plane. | 她把他带到飞机后面 |
[13:13] | Now, neither of them knows there’s a 200-pound corpse | 这俩人都不知道他们脚下 |
[13:15] | just inches below their feet. | 有一具两百磅的尸体 |
[13:17] | The sudden weight imbalance threw the plane into a dive. | 突然的重量不均让飞机开始俯冲 |
[13:20] | Did you recover Mr. Gerrard’s cell phone? | 你找到杰拉德先生的手机了吗 |
[13:22] | Yes, but it’s damaged. | 找到了 但是受损了 |
[13:32] | May I? | 借用一下 |
[13:38] | If I’m right… | 如果我没错的话 |
[13:40] | he’ll have a new voicemail. | 他会有条新的语音留言 |
[13:43] | What the hell is wrong with you, Hank? | 你他妈到底怎么回事 汉克 |
[13:44] | Do you have any idea what’s in stake here? | 你知不知道其中的利害关系 |
[13:47] | You got to hear the transmission. | 你得听听传动装置 |
[13:48] | You think I’m just gonna let it slide? Guess again. | 你以为我会就这么算了吗 休想 |
[13:50] | What’s happening here, Walter? | 这是怎么回事 沃特 |
[13:51] | Mr. Devlin and Ms. Wilson did not kill Hank Gerrard; | 戴夫林先生和威尔森女士没有杰拉德 |
[13:54] | they didn’t even know where he was. | 他们甚至都不知道他在哪 |
[13:56] | Joe Newell, an experienced pilot, | 乔·内维尔是个经验丰富的飞行员 |
[13:59] | would’ve known better than to stash the extra weight | 不可能冒着飞机失事的风险 |
[14:00] | of his body in the cargo hold and risk exactly | 把尸体放到 |
[14:03] | the kind of accident that occurred. | 货舱内 |
[14:05] | They may be dead, | 他们的确是死了 |
[14:06] | but the person who killed Hank Gerrard is not. | 但杀害汉克?杰拉德的凶手没死 |
[14:10] | We have a living, breathing murderer to find after all. | 我们要找的终究还是一名活着的凶手 |
[14:17] | What was the killer thinking? Why stuff Gerrard’s body | 凶手到底是怎么想的 为什么把 |
[14:20] | in the hold of the plane, like so much luggage? | 杰拉德的尸体塞进行李舱 |
[14:23] | Surely he knew it would be discovered | 他肯定知道一旦飞机 |
[14:25] | when the plane reached Martha’s Vineyard. | 在玛莎葡萄岛着陆 尸体就会被发现 |
[14:27] | Did he want it found? If yes, why? | 他想要尸体被发现吗 如果是的话 为什么 |
[14:29] | Was it intended as some sort of message? | 是要传达某种信息吗 |
[14:32] | If so, to whom? | 如果是的话 是给谁的 |
[14:34] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[14:36] | Can I stop you? | 我能说不吗 |
[14:38] | Are you afraid of flying? | 你害怕坐飞机吗 |
[14:42] | It’s just you pursuing this case | 只是一开始我就不明白 |
[14:43] | didn’t make sense to me at first. | 你为何要追查这个案子 |
[14:45] | As far as you knew, it was just an accident. | 就你当时所知的 这就是场意外 |
[14:47] | But then at the crash site this morning, | 今早到了失事现场 |
[14:49] | you weren’t yourself. | 你有点魂不守舍 |
[14:50] | “Myself”? | 魂不守舍 |
[14:52] | You got distracted by sand on a beach. | 你被沙滩上的沙子分了心 |
[14:55] | And look at that board. | 还有看看那白板 |
[14:57] | Normally, you would have put up every picture | 通常来说 你会把从失事现场得到的 |
[14:59] | you had from the crash site. | 所有照片都贴上去 |
[15:00] | But instead, there’s just images of what | 可这一次 却只有 |
[15:02] | the plane used to look like. | 飞机失事前的图片 |
[15:03] | I’ve already examined those pictures, | 我已经研究过那些照片了 |
[15:04] | and they yielded nothing. | 没有任何发现 |
[15:05] | Now since you’re a disgraced ex-surgeon | 既然你是个有耻辱史的前外科医生 |
[15:07] | and not a disgraced ex-psychologist, | 而非前心理学家 |
[15:08] | what say you stop analyzing me, okay? | 你还是别分析我了吧 |
[15:11] | How did you get from London to New York? | 你是怎么从伦敦来纽约的 |
[15:17] | Okay, well, maybe your father will tell me at dinner tonight. | 算了 或许今晚吃饭时你父亲会告诉我 |
[15:20] | Hey. Just got the phone with the owner | 刚和星之钥航空的老板 |
[15:22] | of Key Star Charters, Charles Cooper. | 查尔斯·库珀 通过电话 |
[15:24] | They got the footage from their security camera. | 他们拿到监控摄像头的录像了 |
[15:26] | Said there’s someone we should see. | 他说里面有个人我们该去看看 |
[15:32] | So, this is about 45 minutes before the plane took off. | 这是飞机起飞前约45分钟 |
[15:36] | That’s Mr. Gerrard. | 那是杰拉德先生 |
[15:38] | I don’t know who this other guy is, but | 我不知道另一个家伙是谁 不过 |
[15:41] | obviously, he and Mr. Gerrard had words. | 显然他和杰拉德先生有些争执 |
[15:44] | It’s the model glue, isn’t it? | 受不了模型胶水的气味 是吗 |
[15:46] | It’s murder on my senses. | 简直是在谋杀我的嗅觉 |
[15:48] | Not to mention I’m under strict orders not to get high. | 更不用说我还被明令禁止不能嗑药 |
[15:51] | This office is like one big huffing bag. | 这间办公室就像个巨大的气喘袋 |
[15:53] | Ten minutes later, he leaves alone. | 十分钟后 他独自离开 |
[15:56] | So now we know Mr. Gerrard arrived here alive and intact. | 所以杰拉德先生抵达的时候仍毫发无伤 |
[16:00] | Gotta figure he was killed here, too. | 那么他就是在这里被杀的 |
[16:01] | You got this from any other angles? | 你还有其他角度的录像吗 |
[16:02] | Sorry. Only other camera got broke a few weeks ago. | 抱歉 还有个摄像头几周前坏了 |
[16:06] | Hasn’t been fixed yet. | 还没修呢 |
[16:07] | Mr. Cooper, I’m gonna need you and Mister… | 库珀先生 我需要你和这位… |
[16:09] | – Barts. – …Barts to clear out of here for a while. | -巴茨 -巴茨先生暂时离开这里 |
[16:12] | Meantime, we’ll get this video to our experts, | 与此同时 我们会把录像交给专家 |
[16:14] | see if we can’t identify our mystery man. | 看能否辨别出这个神秘人的身份 |
[16:24] | Any luck cleaning up that picture? | 在图像上有什么发现吗 |
[16:26] | About as much luck as I had examining the hangar. | 跟在机库一样都没什么发现 |
[16:28] | No sign of any crime being perpetrated there. | 没有任何发生犯罪行为的迹象 |
[16:30] | No clarity with regards | 这个胖子的面部特征 |
[16:31] | to our fat friend’s facial features here. | 也一点没有显示出来 |
[16:34] | On the bright side, I think I might know where he works. | 但好消息是 我可能知道他在哪里工作 |
[16:38] | Arm To “Arm To?” | |
[16:41] | Carmanto Foods– isn’t that the company | 卡曼陀食品公司 不就是 |
[16:44] | that Gerrard and his colleagues were suing, right? | 杰拉德他们在起诉的那家公司吗 |
[16:46] | Almost anyone who works there would’ve had motive. | 那家公司的每一个人几乎都有杀人动机 |
[16:48] | Unfortunately, rotund white male executives | 不幸的是 矮胖的白人男性高管 |
[16:51] | at the company number in the dozens. | 在公司的数量何其之多 |
[16:53] | Our suspect does have one distinguishing feature, however: | 不过我们的嫌疑人的确有个独特的特征 |
[16:56] | the ’90s-era “Pager” attached to his belt. | 他腰间别了个九十年代的寻呼机 |
[16:59] | I’m gonna go get started getting ready to meet your dad. | 我要去准备与你父亲见面了 |
[17:01] | Last chance to join us for dinner? | 最后一次机会 跟不跟我们一起吃晚餐 |
[17:03] | Last chance to accept there is no dinner. | 最后一次机会接受根本就没有晚餐 |
[17:05] | Dad… never… shows! | 老爸 从不 现身 |
[17:07] | Say it with me, Watson. | 和我一起说 华生 |
[17:09] | – Maybe it’ll sink in. – Sherlock… | -也许你慢慢就能接受了 -夏洛克 |
[17:10] | He’s Lucy with the football. | 他是拿着足球的露西 |
[17:10] | 花生漫画中的人物 露西总是拿着足球给查理踢 却在他踢到前闪开 | |
[17:12] | You’re Charlie Brown. | 而你就是查理·布朗 |
[17:13] | People don’t make plans just to break them. | 人们制定计划是为了要遵守的 |
[17:15] | People don’t. My father does. | 别人是这样 但我父亲不是 |
[17:19] | For the record, that’s not a pager. | 声明一下 那个不是寻呼机 |
[17:21] | It’s an insulin pump. Your mystery man is a diabetic. | 而是胰岛素泵 那个神秘人患有糖尿病 |
[17:29] | Ed Hairston? | 艾德·海尔斯顿 |
[17:31] | Detective Bell, NYPD. | 我是纽约警察局的贝尔警探 |
[17:32] | This is my colleague Mr. Holmes. | 这是我的同事 福尔摩斯先生 |
[17:35] | We’d like to ask you some questions | 我们想问你几个问题 |
[17:36] | about your relationship with Hank Gerrard. | 了解一下你与汉克?杰拉德的关系 |
[17:38] | I’m sorry… I don’t know who that is. | 不好意思 我不认识你说的那个人 |
[17:41] | Odd. His firm is suing your company for $100 million. | 怪了 他的事务所起诉你们公司赔偿一亿 |
[17:44] | Something about a sugar substitute that causes cancer. | 关于一种致癌的糖替代物 |
[17:47] | We have surveillance video of you | 我们有监控录像拍到你 |
[17:48] | talking to Mr. Gerrard in the Key Star Charters | 在星之钥航空的停车场与杰拉德先生交谈 |
[17:51] | parking lot shortly before someone caved his skull in, | 没过多久他的脑袋就被人打破了 |
[17:53] | stuck him in the hold of a small plane. | 还被塞进了一架小飞机的舱内 |
[17:55] | It’s how we found you, actually. | 我们就是根据这个找到你的 |
[17:57] | Saw the Carmanto logo on your shirt, | 看到你衣服上公司标志 |
[17:59] | insulin pump on your belt, made a few calls. | 和腰间的胰岛素泵 然后打了几通电话 |
[18:01] | It’s a bit ironic, isn’t it? | 说来有点讽刺 对不对 |
[18:02] | Diabetic working for a company that makes bad sugar? | 糖尿病人为生产致癌糖的企业工作 |
[18:05] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[18:06] | I heard on the news Hank was killed in a crash. | 我从新闻上听说汉克是因飞机失事死的 |
[18:08] | This would be the same Hank you don’t know? | 那跟你不认识的汉克是同一个人吗 |
[18:16] | I did know him, sort of. | 我确实算是认识他 |
[18:19] | I was helping him. | 我是在帮他 |
[18:20] | By showing his scalp what the inside of his skull looked like? | 帮他了解头骨之下是什么样子吗 |
[18:23] | It happened with his case. | 是关于这案子的 |
[18:25] | I’d been giving him informion | 我在给他提供 |
[18:27] | to use against Carmanto. | 用来对付卡曼陀公司的信息 |
[18:28] | You’re a whistleblower? | 你在告密 |
[18:30] | Hank was angry with me because I refused to testify. | 汉克因为我不愿出庭作证非常生气 |
[18:35] | Carmanto had offered a settlement. | 卡曼陀公司提供了一份和解协议 |
[18:36] | I thought it was more than fair. | 我觉得已经十分公道了 |
[18:39] | Hank’s boss was inclined | 汉克的老板有意 |
[18:40] | to accept it, and Hank wanted more. | 接受和解 但汉克还想要更多 |
[18:42] | He… | 他 |
[18:45] | He asked me yesterday to reconsider taking the stand. | 昨天他要求我重新考虑作证的事 |
[18:47] | I told him I couldn’t. | 我告诉他不可能 |
[18:48] | We argued. I left. | 我们争吵了一番 接着我离开了 |
[18:51] | I never laid a hand on him. | 我没动他一根手指头 |
[18:53] | The company knew that that sugar substitute was deadly. | 公司明知道那种糖替代物是致命的 |
[18:57] | And Carmanto buried that evidence, | 却故意隐藏证据 |
[18:59] | convinced everybody it was fine. | 让所有人相信它是无害的 |
[19:01] | It looked like sugar, it felt like sugar… | 看起来像糖 尝起来也像 |
[19:04] | but it wasn’t. | 但根本就不是 |
[19:05] | Thank you for your time, Mr. Hairston; | 感谢你的配合 海尔斯顿先生 |
[19:07] | we’ll be in touch. | 保持联系 |
[19:08] | Thought you said that guy was our strongest suspect. | 你不是说这家伙是最大的嫌疑人吗 |
[19:10] | Now that I’ve met him, | 可现在我见到他 |
[19:11] | I know that he’s our weakest suspect, literally. | 知道他是最不可能的 |
[19:13] | Did you see how hard it was for him | 你看到他多费劲 |
[19:14] | – to open that pill bottle? – So? | -才拧开瓶盖吗 -所以呢 |
[19:17] | Type-2 diabetes can significantly affect | 2型糖尿病会显著地削弱 |
[19:19] | grip strength, particularly in men. | 你的握力 特别是对于男性 |
[19:21] | His is so bad | 他的握力太弱 |
[19:22] | he’s bought adaptive office supplies: | 以至于要用特殊的办公用品 |
[19:24] | oversized ergonomic pens, a book holder. | 超大的人体工学笔 固定书的架子 |
[19:26] | There’s no way could he have grasped and swung | 他绝不可能抓起那么重的扳手 |
[19:28] | the heavy wrench used to kill Hank Gerrard. | 还挥动它杀死汉克?杰拉德 |
[19:30] | So, in other words, we got nothing. | 那也就是说 我们又全无头绪了 |
[19:32] | Nope. We’ve got sand. | 不对 我们还有沙子 |
[19:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:36] | Mr. Holmes? | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[19:38] | Ms. Watson, I presume. | 你应该就是华生女士吧 |
[19:41] | You’re early. | 来得真早 |
[19:42] | Not as early as you. It’s nice to finally meet you. | 您更早 真高兴终于能见到您了 |
[19:45] | Uh, Zadie Smith is one of my favorite authors. | 莎娣·史密斯是我最喜欢的作家之一 |
[19:47] | Let me guess: my son is parking the car. | 让我猜猜 我儿子正在停车吧 |
[19:52] | No, it’s okay, Ms. Watson. | 没什么大不了的 华生女士 |
[19:55] | No need for excuses. The truth is | 没必要找借口 说实话 |
[19:57] | I’d have been much more surprised if he had come. | 要是他来了的话 我会更惊讶 |
[20:01] | I’ve laid as many bricks in the wall between us as he has. | 我俩之间的隔阂实在太多了 |
[20:04] | So, how’s the old boy doing? | 那小子最近如何 |
[20:07] | Good, actually. | 其实挺好的 |
[20:08] | I think he’s got a handle on his post-rehab life. | 我想他对戒毒后的生活还挺适应的 |
[20:12] | I mean, he doesn’t keep the healthiest hours, | 虽说他的作息时间不怎么健康 |
[20:14] | but you know, work keeps him busy, focused. | 但你也知道 工作让他忙碌 专注 |
[20:17] | Getting him to go to support group meetings | 只是让他去参加小组互助会 |
[20:19] | can be tricky, though. | 实在不怎么容易 |
[20:20] | Stubborn, criminally so. | 顽固得要命 |
[20:22] | Always was. | 总是这样 |
[20:24] | I remember when he was a boy, | 我记得当他还是个孩子的时候 |
[20:26] | he’d climb the fence | 他总爱翻过家里的围栏 |
[20:27] | around our property and walk from post to post. | 在附近走来走去 |
[20:29] | I warned him it was dangerous, but he wouldn’t listen. | 我警告过他这很危险 但他不听 |
[20:34] | Then he falls and lands on his wrist. | 后来有一次他摔倒在地 伤了手腕 |
[20:37] | Ugly business, bone jutting through skin. | 摔得很惨 骨头错位了 |
[20:40] | But despite the pain, | 虽然疼痛难忍 |
[20:42] | he set the bone and wrapped the wound himself. | 但他自己正了骨还包扎了伤口 |
[20:45] | Took to wearing long-sleeve shirts for the next few days. | 后来的那些天他都穿长袖 |
[20:50] | All to keep his father from telling him that he was right. | 免得被他父亲发现后 说他不听老人言 |
[20:54] | You’re kidding me. | 开玩笑吧 |
[20:55] | Ended up with a scar right here. | 最后在这儿留下了一处伤疤 |
[20:56] | Covered it with one of his barmy tattoos, if memory serves. | 没记错的话 他纹了幼稚的纹身挡住了它 |
[21:02] | I am really glad we’re doing this. | 很开心我们能有这番谈话 |
[21:04] | Oh? I’ve had many different clients, | 我曾有过很多客户 |
[21:06] | but Sherlock is definitely… unique. | 但是夏洛克绝对是最特别的一个 |
[21:11] | There’s just so much more I want know about him. | 关于他 我想知道的太多了 |
[21:13] | I’m happy to answer any questions you may have. | 想问什么尽管问 我很乐意回答 |
[21:15] | Would you mind terribly if I asked one of you first? | 你介意我先问你一个问题吗 |
[21:19] | How’s the sex? | 他床上功夫怎样 |
[21:22] | I beg your pardon? | 您说什么 |
[21:23] | The sex. The shagging. | 和他做爱 滚床单 |
[21:26] | Is he enjoying it? | 他乐在其中吗 |
[21:28] | I don’t understand. | 我没懂您的意思 |
[21:30] | I was told that was part of the “Service” you provided. | 我听说这是你提供的”服务”之一 |
[21:33] | Satisfying your client’s every need. | 满足客户的每份需求 |
[21:35] | Why else would anyone pay your exorbitant fees? | 别人付给你高昂的费用不就是因为这吗 |
[21:39] | You’re not Mr. Holmes, are you? | 你不是福尔摩斯先生 对吗 |
[21:49] | I don’t believe this. | 简直难以置信 |
[21:51] | I’m sorry, it’s just… | 抱歉 只是… |
[21:53] | if you’d seen your face… | 如果你看得到你现在的表情 |
[21:56] | Who are you? | 你到底是谁 |
[21:57] | Actor. | 演员 |
[21:58] | Well, a struggling one at that. | 好吧 是有点费解 |
[22:01] | Your Mr. Sherlock | 夏洛克先生 |
[22:02] | hired me from my manager. | 从我上司那雇了我 |
[22:03] | Said it wouldn’t be a problem if I took | 他说我今晚 |
[22:05] | his father’s place tonight because… | 可以用他父亲的位子 因为 |
[22:06] | – Dad never shows. – Dad never shows. | -他爸根本不会来 -他爸不会来 |
[22:10] | I was discussing an artificial sweetener | 我刚在说一个 |
[22:13] | with a suspect earlier on. | 有嫌疑的人造甜味剂 |
[22:14] | Yeah, looks and feels like regular sugar, | 看起来很像一般的糖 |
[22:18] | but it’s not. | 但它不是 |
[22:19] | There are minute differences, | 只有细微的不同 |
[22:20] | carcinogenic ones in that case, | 却可能是致癌物 |
[22:22] | but it got me thinking about some unusual sand | 这让我想起了在事故现场 |
[22:25] | I noticed at the crash site. | 发现的一些不寻常的沙子 |
[22:27] | It was new, hadn’t been weathered by the elements yet. | 很新 还没有被风化 |
[22:30] | First I thought, “Well, the city must have trucked it in | 刚开始我想”肯定是城建部门装运了它们 |
[22:32] | to offset erosion on the beach,” | 防止在沙滩上被腐化” |
[22:34] | but according to the Parks Department, | 但根据城建部门说 |
[22:35] | they haven’t done that at Far Rockaway | 洛克威在过去的一年内 |
[22:37] | in over a year, so how did the sand | 没有做过这事 那么这些沙 |
[22:39] | make it there? | 怎么会在这儿 |
[22:40] | In the fuel tank. | 在油箱里 |
[22:42] | Sand dumped into the fuel tank | 沙子被倒入油箱后 |
[22:44] | would initially settle on the bottom. | 起初会沉在箱底 |
[22:47] | Plane would take off, no difficulty. | 飞机会照常起飞 |
[22:50] | But… during the course of the flight, | 但是 在飞行过程中 |
[22:54] | more and more granules will get sucked into the filter, | 越来越多的小沙粒被卷入燃油滤清器 |
[22:56] | clogging it and starving the engine | 堵塞了它 导致了燃油发动机 |
[22:59] | of fuel mid-flight, regardless of the extra weight | 在飞行过程中无法启动 坠机不是因为 |
[23:01] | of Hank Gerrard’s body. | 汉克?杰拉德使飞机超重 |
[23:02] | You think the flight was bound to crash. | 你认为是有人蓄意造成坠机 |
[23:04] | Actually, Ms. Molinari, | 没错 莫里那瑞女士 |
[23:06] | as of this moment, I know it was bound to crash. | 直到这一刻 我确信那不是意外 |
[23:15] | Same unfrosted grains | 和我在事故现场 |
[23:16] | I saw at the crash site, looks and feels | 发现的沙粒一样 未被风化 |
[23:19] | like beach sand, but it’s not. | 看起来像海滩沙 然而不是 |
[23:20] | These grains are comprised mostly of silica, | 这些沙粒主要由硅组成 |
[23:22] | commercial sand. | 是商业用沙 |
[23:23] | Somebody sabotaged the flight. | 有人恶意破坏了飞机 |
[23:25] | Probably the same person who killed Hank Gerrard. | 很可能就是杀汉克?杰拉德的人 |
[23:28] | What if Hank walked in on the saboteur? | 汉克会不会接近过破坏者 |
[23:30] | Easier to bash his skull in | 这样更容易袭击他的头部 |
[23:31] | then explain why you’re funneling sand | 并解释为什么他把沙子用漏斗 |
[23:33] | into a fuel tank, no? | 倒进燃烧箱 不是吗 |
[23:34] | Then it’s just a case of concealing the body. | 关键就在于怎么隐藏身体 |
[23:37] | The cargo hold makes sense | 既然飞机注定会坠毁 |
[23:39] | in that the flight was doomed to crash anyway. | 那货舱就能用来藏人 |
[23:41] | As long as it crashed over water. | 只要飞机在海面坠毁 |
[23:42] | Which it would do on its way to Martha’s Vineyard. | 就会靠近玛莎葡萄岛 |
[23:44] | Traces of sand would be washed away. | 沙子的痕迹就会被冲走 |
[23:47] | Instead, it crashed prematurely due to the weight imbalance. | 可最终 飞机因重力不均而过早地坠毁 |
[23:49] | So, we know why Hank Gerrard’s body | 这样一来 我们就知道为什么 |
[23:52] | was stuffed into the cargo hold. | 汉克?杰拉德被塞进了货舱 |
[23:54] | The questions are: who put it there, | 问题是 谁干的 |
[23:56] | and why did they want to bring down that plane? | 他为什么要让飞机坠毁 |
[24:10] | You’re home early. | 这么早就回来了 |
[24:12] | Did you enjoy your time with dear old Dad? | 和我亲爱的老爸相处得愉快吗 |
[24:17] | Oh, come on, Watson, | 别这样 华生 |
[24:18] | show a little appreciation for a prank well played. | 至少给这场精彩的恶作剧赞一个吧 |
[24:20] | To pull that off, I had to be | 为了演好这出戏 |
[24:21] | absolutely certain my father wouldn’t show. | 我要费尽心思确认我父亲不会来 |
[24:24] | I did mention that he wouldn’t show, didn’t I? | 我说过他不会来 不是吗 |
[24:27] | Just out of curiosity, | 只是出于好奇 |
[24:29] | why did the old tosspot drop out this time? | 那老酒鬼这次为什么放鸽子 |
[24:31] | Surely he’s e-mailed you some sort of apology by now. | 他肯定给你发过邮件道歉了 |
[24:34] | He was called away. | 他被叫走了 |
[24:36] | On important business, yeah. | 有要事在身 |
[24:38] | An old one, but a good one. | 借口很老套 但也屡试不爽 |
[24:42] | Anyway, It’s good that you’re back. | 不管怎样 你回来就好 |
[24:43] | I realized earlier this evening that the flight that crashed | 我今天傍晚才发现失事的那架飞机 |
[24:47] | was sabotaged. | 被动过手脚 |
[24:48] | The good news is I’ve been going over Key Star Charter’s | 好消息是我彻底审查了星之钥公司的 |
[24:50] | flight logs, and I believe I’ve found | 飞行日志 我找到了 |
[24:52] | a mathematical quirk that has pointed me in the direction | 一个数学奇才 他指引我 |
[24:54] | of a suspect. | 找到了嫌疑犯 |
[24:55] | I would like to go and confront him. | 我要去和他对质 |
[24:56] | So… | 所以… |
[25:00] | I waited for you. | 我等你一起去 |
[25:02] | Hm? You should be grateful. | 你应该感激我才对 |
[25:04] | If you want to go pound on some criminal’s door, | 如果你想登门拜访罪犯 |
[25:06] | I suggest you call the police. | 我建议你该叫上警察 |
[25:08] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡觉了 |
[25:10] | You should’ve trusted me | 你早就该相信我说的话 |
[25:12] | when I told you he wouldn’t show. | 我说过我父亲不会来 |
[25:14] | Trusted you? | 相信你 |
[25:16] | I’ve been glued to your side for weeks now, | 这几周来我天天跟着你 |
[25:18] | and you have refused to share | 而你却拒绝和我分享 |
[25:19] | even the tiniest bit of your personal history. | 一丁点你的私人生活 |
[25:22] | You know what, Sherlock, I don’t trust you. | 你知道吗 夏洛克 我不相信你 |
[25:24] | Because thanks to you, | 因为多亏了你 |
[25:25] | we’re still basically just strangers. | 我们还只是陌生人 |
[25:33] | Ah, Mr. Holmes, right? | 福尔摩斯先生 是吗 |
[25:35] | Mr. Barts, good to see you again. | 巴茨先生 很高兴再次见面 |
[25:37] | You didn’t mention when we met | 我们上次见面时 |
[25:39] | that you’re one of Key Star’s pilots. | 你没有说你是星之钥的飞行员 |
[25:40] | Well, yeah, I am. | 对 我是 |
[25:43] | Is that a problem? | 那有问题吗 |
[25:44] | Well, not for me, no. | 对我来说没问题 |
[25:45] | But for your recently deceased colleague, | 但是对你最近过世的同事 |
[25:47] | Joe Newell, maybe. | 乔·内维尔来说 是个问题 |
[25:49] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白什么意思 |
[25:51] | Joe Newell’s widow told me | 乔·内维尔的遗孀告诉我 |
[25:53] | that you and he had a rather… | 你和他上周 |
[25:55] | ugly disagreement on the telephone | 在通电话时 发生了 |
[25:57] | last week. | 激烈的争吵 |
[25:59] | He wouldn’t tell her what it was about. | 但他不愿告诉她争吵的原因 |
[26:00] | He just said that the problem was being taken care of. | 他只是说问题已经在处理了 |
[26:02] | That was nothing. | 没什么事 |
[26:03] | Yeah, I poached one of his regulars. | 我撬走了他的一个常客 |
[26:05] | This rich guy who flies to D.C. every week. | 那个富翁每周都飞华盛顿 |
[26:07] | Good tipper. | 是个好主儿 |
[26:08] | Joe was angry, but we worked it out. | 乔很生气 但我们后来和好了 |
[26:11] | We were thinking the argument may have been | 我们觉得争吵的原因 |
[26:13] | over something else. | 不只因为这个 |
[26:15] | You see, when I realized that Joe’s plane | 当我发现乔的飞机 |
[26:17] | had been sabotaged, | 被动过手脚时 |
[26:20] | it occurred to me that the saboteur | 让我想到破坏者 |
[26:21] | may have been satisfying a grudge, | 可能心有怨言 |
[26:22] | not against one of the flight’s passengers, | 他所做的不针对乘客 |
[26:24] | but against the airline itself. | 而是针对航空公司 |
[26:26] | Now I dug into some of the logs that the NTSB gathered | 我研究了运输安全委员会从星之钥 |
[26:29] | from Key Star, | 收集的飞行日志 |
[26:31] | and I noticed something strange. | 我发现了些奇怪的东西 |
[26:33] | Every time you, Owen Barts, | 每一次你 欧文·巴茨 |
[26:35] | piloted a plane back from Miami, | 驾驶飞机从迈阿密返航 |
[26:37] | you recorded an onboard weight of exactly 66 pounds | 你记录的机载重量都恰好超出 |
[26:41] | over the weight of the passengers and their baggage. | 乘客和行李总重的66英镑 |
[26:45] | It’s just a mistake with my math. | 可能是我算错了 |
[26:47] | The same mathematical mistake, made again and again, | 同样的数学错误 只有从迈阿密返航时 |
[26:50] | only when you return from Miami, Florida. | 才犯了又犯 |
[26:53] | No. | 不是的 |
[26:54] | You were accounting for extra cargo. | 你在计算多出来的货物 |
[26:56] | You had to, because accurate weight calculations | 你必须如此 因为精确的重量计算 |
[26:59] | are critical when determining the amount of fuel | 在决定飞行所需的燃油量时 |
[27:01] | required for a flight. | 起着重要作用 |
[27:03] | But why 66 pounds exactly? | 但是为什么每次都恰好是66英镑 |
[27:06] | A strange number. | 奇怪的数字 |
[27:07] | Until you factor in metric conversion. | 用公制换算就不见得奇怪了 |
[27:10] | 66 pounds is the equivalent of exactly 30 kilos. | 66英镑相当于整整30公斤 |
[27:16] | Nice even number for cocaine smuggling, no? | 对可卡因走私来说是个好数 不是吗 |
[27:19] | What happened? | 然后怎么了 |
[27:19] | Did Joe find out and want a cut? | 乔发现后想分赃吗 |
[27:22] | That’s not likely, | 不太可能 |
[27:23] | given his reputation, his military background. | 鉴于他的名声 还服过兵役 |
[27:25] | It’s more likely that he threatened to go | 他很可能威胁你 |
[27:27] | to the authorities if you didn’t stop. | 如果你不收手 他就去报警 |
[27:29] | Either way, | 无论是哪种情况 |
[27:30] | you engineered a plane crash to eliminate the threat. | 你策划了一场飞机失事来消除威胁 |
[27:34] | Problem was, | 但问题是 |
[27:36] | Hank Gerrard caught you in the act. | 你作案时被汉克?杰拉德发现了 |
[27:38] | You improvised. | 你临时起意 |
[27:40] | You killed him. | 杀死了他 |
[27:41] | Concealed his body in the cargo hold of a plane | 把他的尸体藏在你知道 |
[27:44] | that you knew was gonna crash. | 注定会失事的飞机货舱里 |
[27:47] | It’s quite a… quite a story. | 真是个不错的故事 |
[27:50] | There’s just one problem. | 不过有一个问题 |
[27:52] | I was nowhere near the hangar this morning. | 我今早根本没去过机库 |
[27:54] | I was with my boss, Charles. | 我和我老板查尔斯在一起 |
[27:56] | His car stalled, | 他的车抛锚了 |
[27:57] | so I had to stop by his place to give him a jump. | 所以我去他那儿拖他的车 |
[28:00] | Don’t believe me, go ask him. | 要是不相信的话 自己去问他 |
[28:03] | He’ll tell you. | 他会向你证明的 |
[28:04] | I couldn’t have killed Mr. Gerrard | 我不可能杀了杰拉德先生 |
[28:05] | or sabotaged that plane. | 或是破坏飞机 |
[28:14] | Holy… | 我的天 |
[28:16] | You were right. | 你说对了 |
[28:18] | Yesterday, when you suggested | 你昨天认为我对飞机失事 |
[28:19] | I had a certain preoccupation with plane crashes. | 抱有执念的看法是正确的 |
[28:23] | It is why I was drawn to this case. | 这是我执着于这个案子的原因 |
[28:27] | I’m not phobic, mind you. | 请注意 这不是心理疾病 |
[28:30] | Nothing so illogical. | 是合乎逻辑的 |
[28:31] | I just… the amount I see | 我只是… 在登机的时候看到的 |
[28:33] | when I board an aircraft… | 种种情况令我无法释怀 |
[28:37] | The pilot looks confident, | 飞行员看似信心满满 |
[28:38] | but I detect a slight tremor in his hands. | 但我发现他的手在轻微颤抖 |
[28:40] | He’s nervous. Is he hiding something? | 他很紧张 是不是想隐藏些什么 |
[28:41] | If yes, what? | 如果是 那是什么 |
[28:43] | Has he had a few drinks to settle his nerves? | 他是不是为了舒缓情绪喝了两杯 |
[28:46] | What about the mechanic performing a last-second check? | 为飞机做最后检查的机械师呢 |
[28:47] | Why does he look so unhappy? Does he hate his job? | 为什么他情绪低落 是因为厌恶工作吗 |
[28:50] | If he hates his job, how much care is he taking? | 要是他厌恶工作 那检查是否敷衍了事 |
[28:51] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[28:55] | You’re still cross with me? | 你还在生我的气 |
[28:58] | I was attempting to demonstrate my trust in you. | 我正在试图表示对你的信任 |
[29:01] | How? | 怎么表示 |
[29:03] | By telling me something I already figured out? | 告诉我那些我已经发现的东西吗 |
[29:06] | You want more? | 你还想听什么 |
[29:13] | Detective Bell? | 贝尔警探 |
[29:14] | I just heard back from Charles Cooper. | 我刚刚有了查尔斯·库珀的消息 |
[29:16] | He’s on his way to the station. | 他正在来警局的路上 |
[29:17] | Thought you might want to join us. | 我觉得你可能想一起听听 |
[29:19] | Owen called me last night, | 欧文昨晚打电话给我 |
[29:21] | uh, in a panic. | 他非常恐慌 |
[29:23] | He said he needed my help. | 他说他需要我的帮助 |
[29:25] | It’s glue again. | 又是这个胶水味 |
[29:26] | It’s worse this time. | 这次味道更大 |
[29:27] | It’s like he bathed in the stuff. | 好像他在那玩意儿里泡过一样 |
[29:29] | He told me he’d made a big mistake. | 他告诉我他犯下了大错 |
[29:32] | That he’d used the Key Star planes to smuggle drugs. | 他用公司的飞机来走私毒品 |
[29:35] | Mr. Cooper, are you okay? | 库珀先生 你没事吧 |
[29:37] | You look a little pale. | 你脸色有点苍白 |
[29:39] | No, I guess I’m just I shock. | 我没事 我想我只是太震惊了 |
[29:41] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[29:44] | O-Owen had worked for me for years. | 欧文在我手下干了好多年 |
[29:46] | He was a friend, just like Joe was. | 他和乔一样 都是我的朋友 |
[29:49] | But he said that, uh, Joe had figured it out | 但他告诉我 乔发现了这件事 |
[29:53] | and threatened to call the police if he didn’t stop. | 并威胁他如果他不收手就去报警 |
[29:56] | But Owen didn’t want to stop, and so… he, uh… | 但欧文不想收手 所以… 他 |
[30:01] | Mr. Cooper, did Owen tell you | 库珀先生 欧文是不是 |
[30:03] | he had something to do with the plane crash? | 告诉你他和飞机失事有关 |
[30:05] | He wanted me to tell you guys that he was with me | 他想让我告诉你们在杰拉德先生 |
[30:09] | at the time of Mr. Gerrard’s murder. | 被杀的时候他和我在一起 |
[30:13] | But he wasn’t. | 但他不是 |
[30:14] | Could you excuse us for a second? | 原谅我们失陪一会 |
[30:22] | Get a team over to Owen Barts’ residence right now. | 立刻派一队人去欧文·巴茨的住处 |
[30:25] | I’m gonna call for a warrant. | 我去申请搜查令 |
[30:26] | Ink will be dry before your foot goes through his door. | 会在你们进入他家前准时送到 |
[30:29] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[30:30] | No Barts? | 巴茨不在吗 |
[30:32] | Lot of drawers tossed inside. | 屋里都是散乱的抽屉 |
[30:33] | Looks like he packed a bag in a hurry. | 好像他急匆匆地打包逃走了 |
[30:35] | Now, his car is gone too– blue Toyota Camry. | 他那辆蓝色的丰田凯美瑞也不见了 |
[30:37] | We got a BOLO out. | 我们已经发出了通缉 |
[30:38] | What’s weird is what is here. | 奇怪的是有东西还留在这儿 |
[30:40] | Going by the dimensions, I’d say it’s | 从外形尺寸看 |
[30:42] | a safe bet this is the weapon used to kill him. | 这很有可能就是杀人凶器 |
[30:44] | So let me get this straight: Owen Barts kills | 让我确认一下 欧文·巴茨 |
[30:46] | Hank Gerrard with this wrench, but he doesn’t dispose of it | 用这把扳手杀了汉克?杰拉德 |
[30:49] | in some place we aren’t gonna find it. | 但他却没有把它藏到我们找不到的地方 |
[30:51] | He doesn’t even clean it. | 他甚至没把它擦干净 |
[30:54] | He just leaves it in his garage? | 而只是随便丢在车库里吗 |
[30:55] | Like I said, weird. | 所以我说 有点奇怪 |
[30:59] | Not just weird. | 不只是奇怪 |
[31:00] | Utterly ridiculous. | 简直是荒谬 |
[31:02] | What’s that? | 有什么发现 |
[31:05] | Spartina patens. | 狐米草 |
[31:06] | It’s a type of cord grass which grows only in brackish water. | 这是一种只生长在淡盐水中的大米草 |
[31:10] | Brackish? | 淡盐水 |
[31:11] | It’s a combination of fresh and salt water. | 盐度介于淡水与海水之间的水 |
[31:15] | It’s still a bit moist, | 上面还有一点潮湿 |
[31:16] | which means the wrench was in the water… | 说明扳手曾被浸泡在水里 |
[31:21] | recently. | 就在最近 |
[31:29] | I think someone did dispose of it and retrieved it… | 我想确实有人把它扔掉之后又找了回来 |
[31:36] | and planted it here. | 然后故意放在这儿 |
[31:39] | Probably right after they killed Owen Barts. | 可能就在他们杀了欧文·巴茨之后 |
[31:42] | I get why you think the wrench was planted, | 我理解为什么你认为有人故意放扳手在这 |
[31:44] | but what makes you think Barts is dead? | 但你凭什么说巴茨已经死了 |
[31:47] | His car. | 因为他的车 |
[31:48] | You said it as a Camry? | 你说那是一辆凯美瑞 |
[31:50] | Solid, practical choice. | 可靠实用的一款车 |
[31:52] | But look at this — full-synthetic motor oil. | 但是看看这个 全合成机油 |
[31:55] | It’s high-end. | 只有高端车才用 |
[31:56] | Used to maintain peak lubricity in high-performance engines. | 用来保持高性能引擎的最佳润滑效果 |
[32:00] | Not the four-cylinder engine of a Camry. | 只有四缸引擎的凯美瑞不适用 |
[32:09] | Imagine you’re Owen Barts. | 想象一下你是欧文·巴茨 |
[32:11] | You’ve just been told by your boss, | 你刚刚被你的老板告知 |
[32:13] | Charles Cooper, that he won’t alibi you | 他不会在汉克?杰拉德的谋杀案中 |
[32:15] | for the murder of Hank Gerrard. | 为你做不在场证明 |
[32:18] | You decide to go on the lam. | 你决定逃之夭夭 |
[32:22] | You rush home… | 你匆忙回家 |
[32:23] | you pack up your things, | 打包好行李 |
[32:25] | and then you decide to leave what seems to be | 但却把你冒险走私赚来的 |
[32:27] | between 50 and 100,000 | 五到十万美金的辛苦钱 |
[32:30] | of your hard-earned smuggling dollars in your garage. | 留在了你的车库里 |
[32:35] | Not a chance. | 这不可能 |
[32:37] | So who else may have been profiting | 所以说还有谁可能 |
[32:38] | from the smuggling operation at Key Star Charters, hmm? | 从星之钥航空的毒品交易中获利 |
[32:41] | Who else who would’ve seen Joe Newell as a threat | 还有谁把乔·内维尔视为威胁 |
[32:43] | and had the technical know-how to sabotage his plane? | 而且拥有让飞机失事的专业知识 |
[32:46] | The same guy who told us Owen Barts confessed to everything. | 就是那个告诉我们巴茨已经坦白的人 |
[32:50] | Charles Cooper. | 查尔斯·库珀 |
[32:56] | I don’t know how many times I can tell you | 我不知道要说几遍你们才肯相信 |
[32:58] | Owen called me last night. | 欧文昨晚确实打电话给我 |
[33:00] | He told me that he sabotaged Joe’s plane. | 他告诉我是他破坏了乔的飞机 |
[33:03] | I’m sorry if you can’t find him. | 我很遗憾你们还没找到他 |
[33:04] | Have you ever seen a poorer excuse for a liar? | 你见过骗子找比这更烂的借口吗 |
[33:07] | Are you sure he did everything you said he did? | 你肯定你所说的一切都是他干的吗 |
[33:09] | Note the pallor, the perspiration, | 看他脸色苍白 不停冒汗 |
[33:11] | the inability to hold eye contact. | 不敢直视 眼神闪烁 |
[33:13] | All telltale signs of deceit. | 全都是说谎的表现 |
[33:15] | And some serious medical conditions. | 他还有严重的健康问题 |
[33:18] | I’m just saying, the guy looks like he’s dying. | 我只是一提 他看上去死期将至 |
[33:21] | He’s our murderer and our saboteur. | 他是杀人犯 还是飞机失事的肇事者 |
[33:24] | Now it’s just a matter of getting him to admit it. | 现在只要让他认罪就行了 |
[33:33] | Something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[33:35] | No, I just never noticed that scar before, that’s all. | 没事 我只是以前从没注意过那道疤 |
[33:39] | How’d you get it? | 怎么受伤的 |
[33:41] | Boyhood misadventure. | 童年的意外事故 |
[33:43] | Fell off a fence. | 从围墙上摔下来 |
[33:46] | A compound fracture, hence the scar. | 开放性骨折 留下了疤 |
[33:52] | I just remembered an errand I forgot to run. | 我刚想起来还有事要做 |
[33:56] | You gonna be okay on your own for a while? | 你一个人呆会儿行吗 |
[33:59] | Somehow I’ll soldier on. | 我总有办法挺过去的 |
[34:06] | Bell, let’s go. | 贝尔 我们走 |
[34:13] | Problem? | 有什么问题 |
[34:14] | He won’t cop to it. | 他拒不认罪 |
[34:16] | But he’s on the precipice, you can tell. | 但你也知道 他已经无路可退了 |
[34:17] | He’s sweating, his hands are trembling. | 他在冒汗 手也在抖 |
[34:19] | We’ve come at him with everything we got; he won’t budge. | 我们向他痛陈利害 但他不为所动 |
[34:21] | Because he knows we got no proof. | 因为他知道我们没有证据 |
[34:22] | His frame-up of Owen Barts may not have been perfect, | 他对欧文·巴茨的诬蔑虽然不是天衣无缝 |
[34:24] | but he knows we can’t show he had anything to do with it. | 但他知道我们拿他毫无办法 |
[34:28] | What? | 怎么 |
[34:28] | It’s got, it’s got into you now. Model glue. | 你身上也有模型胶水的味道了 |
[34:33] | That’s probably why he looks so ill. | 这可能是他看上去病怏怏的原因之一 |
[34:34] | Fumes are finally getting to him. | 有害气体最终损害了他的健康 |
[34:47] | That’s Cooper’s glass, correct? | 那是库珀的杯子 对吗 |
[34:49] | His third one, if you can believe it. | 信不信由你 他已经喝了两杯了 |
[34:51] | Cut him off. | 别让他喝了 |
[34:52] | No, no, no. | 不 不用 |
[34:53] | I think you should bring him a pitcher. | 我想你应该给他一个更大的水罐 |
[34:58] | I was wondering if you could help me… | 不知你能否帮我个忙 |
[35:01] | Alistair. | 阿里斯泰尔 |
[35:03] | Miss Watson. | 华生小姐 |
[35:05] | What a surprise. | 真是意外 |
[35:06] | But if you’re here for an encore performance… | 如果你是来让我再演一遍的话 |
[35:08] | I know you’re not just some actor Sherlock hired. | 我知道你不仅仅是夏洛克雇佣的演员 |
[35:11] | You know him. | 你了解夏洛克 |
[35:13] | He engaged me through my representation. | 他通过我的经纪人找到我 |
[35:15] | I’ve never even seen the man… | 我从来没见过他 |
[35:16] | That story you told me | 你告诉我的那个故事 |
[35:18] | The one about his broken wrist. It was true. | 夏洛克摔伤手腕的事是真的 |
[35:21] | He would’ve never shared that with you | 他不会把这种事情告诉 |
[35:22] | if you were just some actor. | 一个毫不相干的人 |
[35:23] | Especially not to play some stupid prank. | 更别说这个人是在恶作剧 |
[35:25] | How did you find me, | 如果可以的话 |
[35:26] | if you don’t mind me asking? | 我想知道你怎么找到我的 |
[35:28] | The receipt you dropped. | 你掉出来的那张收据 |
[35:29] | It had the name of this bookstore on it. | 上面就是这家书店的名字 |
[35:31] | You got a 20% discount. Members get ten. | 你有8折优惠 而会员只有9折优惠 |
[35:33] | I realized you must work here. | 我就知道你是这里的员工 |
[35:36] | You’ve been spending quite a bit of time | 你和他相处的时间很长了 |
[35:37] | with him, haven’t you? | 对不对 |
[35:39] | I really am an actor, you know. | 我真得的个演员 |
[35:41] | In London, I had a small part in a radio drama. | 在伦敦 我在广播剧中扮演小角色 |
[35:45] | Yeah, we still have those across the pond. | 英国现在还有这种表演形式的 |
[35:48] | Sherlock wrote me a letter when he was ten, saying that I alone | 10岁的夏洛克给我写了一封信 |
[35:51] | of all the cast truly captured the Yorkshire accent. | 说我模仿的约克郡口音是剧组里最标准的 |
[35:56] | Yeah, I thought it was odd. | 我当时觉得很奇怪 |
[35:58] | But I was also very flattered. | 但是也感到高兴 |
[36:00] | So eventually, we met, | 最终 我们见面了 |
[36:01] | so I could coach him on its nuances. | 所以我能对他的发音做些指导 |
[36:03] | We became friends. | 我们成了朋友 |
[36:05] | Sherlock doesn’t have friends. | 夏洛克没有朋友 |
[36:07] | Not in the traditional sense. | 不是传统意义上的朋友 |
[36:08] | He drops in and out, appears at odd moments | 他时不时的出现在奇怪的时间点 |
[36:11] | to make outrageous and highly specific requests. | 提一些过分并且非常特异的要求 |
[36:15] | Respectfully, that doesn’t sound much like a friendship to me. | 恕我直言 这对我来说不是友谊 |
[36:18] | Then perhaps you better revise your definition. | 那你也许该改改你心中友谊的定义了 |
[36:20] | You can’t expect Sherlock Holmes | 你不能指望夏洛克 |
[36:22] | to relate to you the way others might. | 和你其他的朋友一样 |
[36:24] | The moment you do, he’ll migrate | 如果你那样做 他就会 |
[36:26] | out of your life, and you’ll be the poorer for it. | 从你的生活中消失 你会因此受伤的 |
[36:31] | You do realize that, don’t you? | 你意识到了这一点 不是吗 |
[36:36] | He told you about me, right? | 他和你讲了我的故事 对吗 |
[36:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:38] | You know what my job is? | 你知道我的工作性质 |
[36:39] | I do. | 我知道 |
[36:40] | And for what it’s worth, um… | 不论如何 |
[36:43] | I’m very glad he has you. | 我很高兴他有你 |
[36:48] | You knew him when he was using? | 他吸毒的事情你知道吗 |
[36:53] | Well, after I first came here in ’06, | 在我06年来纽约之后 |
[36:56] | we mostly ke in touch by e-mail. | 我们都是通过邮件联系 |
[37:00] | I knew he was dabbling on and off, | 我知道他在吸毒 |
[37:02] | but I was confident that he would grow out of it. | 但很自信地认为他不会上瘾 |
[37:06] | Nine months ago, | 9个月前的一个晚上 |
[37:07] | he shows up at my flat at night, | 他出现在我家门前 |
[37:09] | so high he could barely speak. | 毒品让他失控到说不出话 |
[37:12] | Well, I flushed his drugs | 我冲掉了他胃里的毒品 |
[37:13] | and I looked after him for a day or so. | 我照顾了他一天 |
[37:15] | It was very… | 这真得 |
[37:18] | difficult for me to see his mind so addled. | 看到他如此混乱的生活让我很痛苦 |
[37:23] | He could barely stay conscious. | 他一直都不清醒 |
[37:25] | And when he kept muttering the same name again and again… | 当他一直在重复一个名字的时 |
[37:28] | What name? | 什么名字 |
[37:30] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[37:31] | I asked him about it the next morning. | 我第二天问过他 |
[37:34] | He assured me it meant nothing. | 他向我保证那个名字没有任何意义 |
[37:36] | Did you believe him? | 你相信他吗 |
[37:42] | Look… I want to help him, | 听着 我想帮助他 |
[37:46] | but I think you know how difficult that can be. | 但我想你知道这有多困难 |
[37:49] | I thought, if I could talk to you, | 如果你能告诉我他的故事 |
[37:50] | that maybe you could help me get a better sense of… | 这可能更利于帮助他 |
[37:55] | of what to do. | 恢复正常生活 |
[38:00] | Anyway… | 无论如何 |
[38:02] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[38:05] | for your time. | 能抽出时间和我谈谈 |
[38:07] | I’m sorry if I bothered you. | 如果打扰到您了 对不起 |
[38:11] | Miss Watson? | 华生小姐 |
[38:14] | I have a strong suspicion that that name | 我有很强的预感 那个名字 |
[38:16] | meant more to him than he claimed. | 对他来说很重要 |
[38:22] | I think perhaps you should have it. | 我觉得你应该知道 |
[38:31] | Mr. Cooper. | 库珀先生 |
[38:33] | Nice to see you again. | 很高兴见到你 |
[38:35] | Do you need to urinate? | 你需要上厕所吗 |
[38:36] | What? | 什么 |
[38:37] | Do you need to urinate? | 你需要上厕所吗 |
[38:40] | No, I’m good, thanks. | 不 我很好 谢谢 |
[38:42] | Last night, when you struggled with your co-conspirator, Owen, | 昨晚 你和你的同伙欧文打斗时 |
[38:46] | he nicked you with something. | 他拿东西伤害了你 |
[38:48] | A kitchen knife, perhaps? | 有可能是把菜刀 |
[38:49] | – Excuse me? – Obviously, you… | -你说什么 -很明显 你 |
[38:50] | you got the better of him, but given your pallor, | 控制住了他 但根据你惨白的面色 |
[38:53] | I’d say that the wound was significant. | 我认为那个伤口很严重 |
[38:57] | I believed you earlier on when you said that you were in shock. | 我同意你之前说的 你受到了惊吓 |
[38:59] | But now I think it’s something else: | 但现在我认为是别的原因 |
[39:01] | blood loss. | 失血 |
[39:02] | Pint or two, if I had to guess. | 要我猜的话 一到两品脱 |
[39:04] | That’s why you’re so thirsty. | 这就是你这么渴的原因 |
[39:05] | Your body needs to replace the fluids that it’s lost. | 你的身体需要用水分来补充失血 |
[39:07] | If it didn’t, then you’d have asked | 如果不是这样 你早该要求 |
[39:09] | to visit the loo quite some time ago. | 上厕所了 |
[39:11] | I’m sorry, but you think I’m a killer | 不好意思 你就是因为我不上厕所 |
[39:13] | because I didn’t go to the bathroom, hm? | 而怀疑我是杀人凶手吗 |
[39:15] | That and the model glue. | 还有模型胶水 |
[39:17] | You stink of it. | 你浑身都是那种味道 |
[39:18] | Initially, I’d assumed that you just | 起初 我以为你是不小心 |
[39:20] | spilled some on your clothing, | 洒在了衣服上 |
[39:21] | but now that I know about the wound… | 但是现在我知道你身上有伤 |
[39:23] | What wound? | 什么伤 |
[39:24] | The one beneath your clothing. | 你衣服下面的伤口 |
[39:26] | The one that you sealed with the adhesive | 那个你用模型胶水 |
[39:27] | you use to build your model planes. | 粘住的伤口 |
[39:30] | It’s an old military trick. | 这是军队常用的方法 |
[39:31] | Field medics use it to seal up a wound | 战地医疗兵用它来粘合伤口 |
[39:33] | when there isn’t time for stitches. | 因为没时间来用针缝合 |
[39:35] | You used it to avoid a trip to the hospital | 你用胶水粘合 避免了去医院的麻烦 |
[39:36] | ’cause you didn’t want the injury on record. | 因为你不想有受伤记录 |
[39:39] | You know, I think I’ve given you guys | 我认为你们今天已经 |
[39:41] | enough of my time today. | 占用了我太多时间 |
[39:42] | Okay, you want to leave? That’s not a problem. | 好的 你想离开吗 没问题 |
[39:43] | Just take off your shirt and your pants, show us I’m wrong. | 只需要脱掉衣服和裤子 证明我是错的 |
[39:50] | I cut my side open | 我昨晚 |
[39:52] | on a sharp piece of metal in my hangar last night. | 被机库里面的金属片划到了 |
[39:55] | I was going to get stitches, Owen called. | 我准备去医院缝合的 欧文打电话来 |
[39:57] | I was upset. | 我很生气 |
[39:58] | And I’d used glue on a cut before, so… | 所以我就用胶水粘合了一下 |
[40:01] | Let’s say he’s right, Mr. Cooper. | 假设你是对的 库珀先生 |
[40:06] | How much blood do you think ended up on Owen’s body? | 你认为有多少血沾在了欧文的身上 |
[40:10] | Do you know how easy it’s gonna be for us | 如果我们发现了的话 这很容易 |
[40:12] | to tie you to his murder, once we find it? | 把你和谋杀联系到一起 |
[40:15] | I didn’t murder anyone. | 我没有杀害任何人 |
[40:17] | – And there is no body. – Course there is. | -没有尸体证明 -当然有 |
[40:20] | I even think I know where to find it. | 我甚至知道去哪里找 |
[40:22] | Jamaica Bay or Alley Pond Park. | 牙买加湾或者爱莉潭公园 |
[40:25] | It was the wrench. | 是那个扳手 |
[40:26] | You threw it in a body of brackish water | 在你杀死了汉克?杰拉德后 |
[40:28] | after you murdered Hank Gerrard. | 你把它扔到了淡盐水域里 |
[40:30] | The only ones in New York are the ones I just mentioned. | 纽约唯一符合条件的就是刚才那两个地方 |
[40:32] | Last night, when Owen called you and told you we were onto | 昨晚 当欧文打电话告诉你 |
[40:35] | the smuggling and the sabotage, | 我们对他运毒起了疑心时 |
[40:37] | you went and retrieved it. | 你去水边找到了扳手 |
[40:39] | You killed him, | 杀了他 |
[40:40] | and then you planted it in his garage | 还把扳手放在他的车库内 |
[40:41] | so we’d pin everything on him and him alone. | 这样我们就会认定他是凶手 |
[40:45] | Was a lazy bit of framing, if you ask me, | 我认为这是次很好的嫁祸 |
[40:47] | but you are wounded. | 但是你受伤了 |
[40:48] | So… | 所以 |
[40:49] | here’s the thing, Mr. Cooper. | 事情是这样的 库珀先生 |
[40:52] | I know that you killed Owen Barts, | 我知道你杀了欧文·巴茨 |
[40:55] | just like I know that you killed your “Friend” Joe Newell | 我也知道你害死了乔·内维尔 |
[40:58] | and his passengers. | 和他的乘客 |
[41:00] | I also know that you like to hide things in brackish water. | 我还知道你喜欢把东西藏在淡盐水域 |
[41:03] | Now, a dead body is considerably larger than a wrench, | 一具死尸肯定比扳手大多了 |
[41:07] | but you were in no condition to dig a grave last night. | 但你昨晚没有时间来掩埋他 |
[41:09] | Jamaica Bay and Alley Pond Park | 牙买加湾和爱莉潭公园 |
[41:11] | are very large areas, but the NYPD | 面积很大 但是纽约警局 |
[41:14] | is planning on searching them both. | 准备在那里搜寻尸体 |
[41:17] | You could save them | 你可以帮他们 |
[41:17] | a great deal of time and trouble, | 省去大把的时间和精力 |
[41:19] | and tell them where Owen is, or you could continue to lie. | 你只需要告诉他们欧文的尸体在哪里 |
[41:22] | Thing is, if you lie, you’ll just give the D.A. | 如果你说谎的话 你只会让地方检察官 |
[41:25] | more time to consider making this a federal case. | 认为这是一起联邦案件 |
[41:28] | Uncle Sam doesn’t take too kindly | 政府对那些恶意制造飞机失事的人 |
[41:30] | to people who bring down planes. | 是绝不手软的 |
[41:33] | The death penalty is a real possibility. | 你很可能会被判死刑 |
[41:39] | My advice? | 我的建议是 |
[41:40] | Tell us everything you know. | 你如实交代一切 |
[41:42] | The great State of New York will only give you life in prison. | 纽约州只会判你终身监禁的 |
[41:56] | I take it you made your case against Charles Cooper? | 看来你已经解决了查尔斯·库珀案子 |
[41:59] | Ah, the police made the case. | 警察解决了案子 |
[42:01] | I just lent a helping hand. | 我只是帮忙 |
[42:04] | An enormous helping hand, but still. | 但帮了个大忙 |
[42:08] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[42:09] | You look peculiar. | 你看起来很奇怪 |
[42:12] | I guess there’s a question I want to ask you. | 我有个问题问你 |
[42:15] | About your past. | 关于你的过去 |
[42:17] | Excellent. | 好的 |
[42:19] | You wait here, I’ll go to my room, shut the door. | 你等在这里 我去我房间把门关上 |
[42:21] | As soon as you’re absolutely certain I can’t hear you, | 当你确定我听不到你的声音后 |
[42:24] | ask away. | 随便问 |
[42:25] | I know about Irene. | 我知道艾琳了 |
[42:29] | I want you to tell me about her. | 我希望你能说说有关她的事 |