时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Hey, all I did was give you some fresh eyes. | 嘿 我只是给你一些新鲜观点而已 |
[00:10] | Ms. Watson. | 华生小姐 |
[00:12] | I didn’t know you and Holmes were stopping by. | 我不知道你和福尔摩斯来了 |
[00:13] | He’s not here, just me. | 他不在 只有我 |
[00:15] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[00:17] | Uh, could we talk privately? | 咱们能私下谈谈吗 |
[00:19] | I haven’t heard from him in over three hours. | 我已经超过三个小时没有他的消息了 |
[00:22] | He’s not responding to texts, | 他不回短信 |
[00:23] | he’s not answering his phone. | 也不接电话 |
[00:24] | All due respect, but you know your boss is a weirdo, right? | 恕我直言 你知道你老板是个怪人的吧 |
[00:28] | He’s probably out trying to find Jimmy Hoffa | 没准他是在找吉米·霍夫尔 |
[00:31] | in some, uh, subway tunnel. | 因而钻进地铁隧道里了呢 |
[00:32] | You don’t understand. We have an arrangement. | 你不了解 我们之间有协议的 |
[00:35] | We’re not supposed to be apart for more than two hours, | 我们分开的时间不能超过两小时 |
[00:37] | and he’s never supposed to be unreachable. | 而且我们一定要随时保持联系 |
[00:38] | I know you two are pretty close for an assistant and a boss, | 我知道你们俩作为主仆关系相当近 |
[00:41] | but how is that even possible? | 但是怎么可能这么近 |
[00:42] | You both have to sleep, right? | 你俩都得睡觉吧 |
[00:45] | I’m… not his assistant. | 我 并不是他的助手 |
[00:46] | I… okay, the only reason we are together all the time | 我 好吧 我们一直在一起的唯一原因 |
[00:49] | is because I live at his place. | 是因为我住在他那里 |
[00:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:54] | Don’t know why you guys couldn’t have just told me that, | 我不明白为什么你们之前不告诉我 |
[00:57] | but… fine. | 不过 算了 |
[00:59] | Okay, it’s not like that. It’s… | 不是你想的那样 |
[01:01] | we’re not together together. | 我们并不是情侣 |
[01:02] | Okay, what is it like? | 好吧 那是什么 |
[01:08] | I-I… | 我 |
[01:09] | I-I can’t say, I’m sorry. | 我不能说 对不起 |
[01:11] | Well, Ms. Watson, if you want me to help you, | 这个嘛 华生小姐 如果你想让我帮你 |
[01:12] | you’re gonna have to tell me what the story is, all right? | 你就一定得跟我说清楚 好吗 |
[01:24] | I’m a sober companion. | 我是康戒陪护 |
[01:25] | I work with recovering drug addicts. | 我负责陪护正在戒毒的瘾君子 |
[01:27] | Sherlock is my client. | 夏洛克是我的客户 |
[01:29] | His father hired me to help him stay clean. | 他父亲雇我防止他再接触毒品 |
[01:30] | The only reason I am telling you this | 我告诉你这个是因为 |
[01:32] | is because I think he may have relapsed. | 我觉得他复发了 |
[01:34] | I need your help to find him. | 我需要你帮忙找到他 |
[02:20] | Speaking of which, how is my favorite six year-old? | 说起来 我六岁喜欢的那谁现在怎么样 |
[02:22] | She’s good. She’s great. | 她很好 |
[02:24] | Enough about her; how are you? | 别提她了 你现在怎么样 |
[02:26] | – I’m good. – Yeah? | -我很好 -是吗 |
[02:27] | Any new men in your life? | 没有新男人吗 |
[02:29] | Uh, sort of. | 算是有吧 |
[02:30] | But it’s work, I’m not dating anyone. | 但只是工作关系 我没在跟任何人约会 |
[02:32] | Good. | 那就好 |
[02:33] | Maybe you won’t be as mad at me. | 那你应该就不会生我气了 |
[02:35] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[02:36] | You split up with Ty a while ago, | 你跟泰前不久分手了 |
[02:38] | and you never let me set you up, so… | 一直不给我机会帮你再物色个新对象 |
[02:40] | Oh, Aaron! | 亚伦 |
[02:41] | Hi! Over here. | 这边 |
[02:43] | – Are you serious? – Shut up. | -你认真的吗 -闭嘴 |
[02:44] | I’m gonna kill you. | 我真想杀了你 |
[02:45] | Hey, Em. | 艾米 |
[02:47] | Oh, I didn’t realize you were meeting someone else. | 我不知道你要见别人 |
[02:49] | Yeah, that’s okay. She didn’t know, either. | 没事的 她也不知道 |
[02:50] | This is Aaron, from work. | 这是亚伦 我同事 |
[02:52] | Have a seat. | 快坐 |
[02:53] | This is Joan, my oldest friend. | 这位是乔恩 我最早的朋友 |
[02:54] | Was. | 再也不是了 |
[02:55] | Okay, I’ve got water aerobics in 20 minutes. | 我的水中有氧操课20分钟后就要开始了 |
[02:58] | – Wait, wait, I… – I know you two are strangers, but… | -等等 -我知道你俩还不认识 |
[03:00] | you’re both fantastic, and single, so… | 但是你们都很优秀 而且单身 |
[03:02] | start with that. | 试试看嘛 |
[03:04] | See where it goes. | 看看合不合得来 |
[03:05] | My treat. | 我请客 |
[03:08] | I think this is what you call an ambush setup. | 我想这就叫强牵红线吧 |
[03:10] | Well, the good news is that I don’t have to buy you a drink. | 这个嘛 好在我不用请客了 |
[03:12] | – That’s true. – Although I could go for | -倒也是 -尽管我可以 |
[03:14] | a double vodka rocks right about now. | 现在就点个双份加冰伏特加 |
[03:16] | Do you normally drink spirits before, um, what? – 10 in the morning? | 难道你平时也是早上10点不到就喝酒吗 |
[03:19] | No, but… | 不是的 只是 |
[03:21] | go easy on me, I’ve just been ambushed. | 别要求那么高 我可是刚被拖来啊 |
[03:25] | Vanilla latte for… Aaron? | 亚伦的香草拿铁 |
[03:27] | Excuse me, that’s me. | 不好意思 那是我的饮料 |
[03:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:48] | Sorry to snoop, but… | 抱歉偷看了一眼 不过 |
[03:50] | “Yt? Nd u asap?” | 在吗 急需你帮忙 |
[03:52] | What, are you texting with a teenager? | 怎么 你是在跟年轻人发短信吗 |
[03:54] | A fully-grown adult, actually. | 其实是个完全成年的成人 |
[03:57] | Sorry, I haven’t done this in a while. | 抱歉 我很久没干这事了 |
[03:58] | Um… I don’t know where to start. | 说点什么好呢 |
[04:02] | Me neither. | 我也不知道 |
[04:05] | Oh… “CUS”? | Cus是什么 |
[04:07] | I’m guessing that’s “See you soon,” | 我猜是想尽快见到你的意思 |
[04:09] | but what is “IMLTHO”? | 那Imltho又是什么意思 |
[04:12] | 我: 还在喝咖啡 能等一下吗 福尔摩斯: 不能 很重要 想尽快见到你 | |
[04:13] | It means “In my less than humble opinion.” | 它的意思是 依在下的愚见 |
[04:17] | Your abbreviations are becoming borderline indecipherable. | 你的缩写越来越难懂了 |
[04:19] | I don’t know why, | 我不明白 |
[04:20] | because you are obviously capable of being articulate. | 你说话可是吐字清楚的 |
[04:23] | Language is evolving, Watson, | 语言是会进化的 华生 |
[04:25] | becoming a more efficient version of itself. | 会自发的变得更有效率 |
[04:27] | I love text shorthand. | 我喜欢用速写方式发短信 |
[04:29] | It allows you to convey content and tone | 能让你不失效率的 |
[04:31] | without losing velocity. | 传达意思和语调 |
[04:34] | Met a man, I see. | 看来你是见了个男人 |
[04:36] | A handsome one, at that. | 而且还挺帅 |
[04:38] | Um, this is the part where I ask you | 我现在是不是该问 |
[04:39] | how you knew that, right? | 你怎么知道的 |
[04:40] | You put your hair up | 当你想让自己显得最好看时 |
[04:41] | when you want to look your best. | 就会把头发扎起来 |
[04:42] | You think it’s more flattering. | 你觉得我是奉承你 |
[04:44] | You’re wrong, of course. It’s a draw. | 你显然错了 这是推断出来的 |
[04:47] | But it was down when you left for coffee, and now it’s up. | 你走时头发是放下的 现在扎起来了 |
[04:49] | Ergo, you unexpectedly met a man | 所以 你是不期遇见了一个男人 |
[04:51] | you found attractive. | 而且你还觉得他挺有魅力 |
[04:52] | Okay, what am I doing here, anyway? | 好吧 那么我到底是来干吗的 |
[04:54] | You said it couldn’t wait? | 你说过很急 |
[04:55] | I’m just trying to stick to the terms of our agreement. | 我只是想遵守咱们的协议 |
[04:57] | You said we’re not supposed to be apart | 你说过我们不能分开 |
[04:59] | for more than two hours, | 超过两小时 |
[04:59] | and I have a mysterious errand to run, | 而我有个神秘的差事要做 |
[05:02] | and I have no idea how long it’s gonna take. | 我也不知道要花多久 |
[05:04] | What kind of errand? | 什么差事 |
[05:05] | We have been summoned to a meeting | 咱们被召唤去一场 |
[05:06] | of the board of directors of Canon-Ebersole. | 佳能-艾博索的董事会会议 |
[05:09] | The investment firm. What do they want to see you about? | 那是家投资公司 他们为什么想见你 |
[05:11] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[05:13] | Hence my use of the word “Mysterious.” | 所以我才用 神秘 这个词 |
[05:15] | Apparently Gregson recommended my services, | 显然格雷森向他们推荐了我 |
[05:17] | and, uh, they won’t tell me anything else | 而且 在我签订保密协议之前 |
[05:19] | until I’ve signed a confidentiality agreement. | 他们什么都不会说 |
[05:22] | Uh, is that what you’re going to wear? | 你就打算穿成这样去开会吗 |
[05:24] | What’s wrong with it? | 有问题吗 |
[05:25] | It… I’m pretty sure you slept in that T-shirt last night, | 我很肯定你昨晚就是穿着那件T恤睡觉的 |
[05:28] | and, um, the guys on Wall Street are a little more… | 而华尔街那帮人会比较的 |
[05:32] | formal in the way they dress. | 穿的更正式 |
[05:33] | Those are costumes. | 那些是顾客 |
[05:35] | I loathe bankers. | 我讨厌银行家 |
[05:37] | They rigged the roulette wheel of commerce, | 他们在商场上孤注一掷 |
[05:38] | very nearly destroyed the world economy, | 让全球经济处在崩溃边缘 |
[05:40] | and they still think if they wear suits | 而他们还觉得穿着西装 |
[05:42] | they’ll be treated like respectable folk | 能让他们显得高贵典雅 |
[05:44] | instead of the crooks that they are. | 掩盖骗子的本质 |
[05:48] | My name is Jim Fowkes. | 我叫吉姆·福克斯 |
[05:49] | I’m the chief investment officer. | 首席投资官 |
[05:51] | This is Daniel Cho, our chief financial officer, | 这位是丹尼尔·周 我们的首席财务官 |
[05:54] | another in-house board member… | 也是内部董事会成员 |
[05:55] | Yep, you’re all chief of something. | 行吧 你们都是首席 |
[05:57] | What do you want? | 你想要我干嘛 |
[06:00] | This is our COO, Peter Talbott. | 这是我们的首席运营官 彼得·塔伯特 |
[06:03] | Every quarter, he fields a conference call with | 每个季度他都会召集我们的机构投资人 |
[06:05] | our institutional investors. | 召开一场会议 |
[06:07] | These people control huge pension funds. | 这些人控制着大量的退休金 |
[06:10] | As far as they’re concerned, Peter’s the voice of the company. | 就这方面来说 彼得是公司的代言人 |
[06:13] | This quarter’s call was supposed to happen yesterday. | 这季的会议本应昨天就发出召请的 |
[06:15] | We had to reschedule, | 现在我们不得不重排时间了 |
[06:16] | because Peter didn’t show up. | 因为彼得不见了 |
[06:18] | Nobody has any idea where he is. | 没人知道他在哪 |
[06:20] | And if you don’t get this call back on the books soon, | 而如果不尽早回来召开会议 |
[06:22] | people will start to whisper. | 人们就会开始私下议论 |
[06:24] | When these people whisper, Mr. Holmes, | 等到人们开始议论时 福尔摩斯先生 |
[06:26] | millions of dollars disappear. | 数以百万计的资金可就没了 |
[06:28] | The gentleman we spoke to, | 跟我们谈过话的那位 |
[06:30] | a, uh, Captain Gregson, | 格雷森警监 |
[06:31] | he said that the NYPD couldn’t get involved | 他说除非彼得失踪满两天 |
[06:33] | until Peter had been missing for two days. | 否则纽约警局是不会介入的 |
[06:35] | He also said that | 他还说 |
[06:37] | you were the finest investigator he’d ever known. | 你是他所认识的最好的侦探 |
[06:39] | We’d like to hire you and your, uh… associate. | 我们希望能雇用你以及你的 伙伴 |
[06:43] | Bodyguard. | 是保镖 |
[06:44] | Luckily for you, Mr. Fowkes, | 算你运气好 福克斯先生 |
[06:45] | I have a hole in my schedule. | 我的时间表上有空档 |
[06:47] | My usual private consulting rates will apply, of course, | 当然了 算上我平常的私人顾问费用 |
[06:50] | multiplied by a factor of 12, shall we say? | 再乘以十二 您看如何 |
[06:54] | You’re wondering if I’m worth it. | 如果您在考虑我是否值这个价 |
[06:55] | I could provide a demonstration, if you’d like. | 如果您愿意的话 我可以示范一下 |
[06:58] | I’m fairly sure, for example, | 比如说 我相当确定 |
[06:59] | that these two are sleeping with each other. | 这两个人有一腿 |
[07:01] | You really should be more careful of your body language. | 你们应该注意一下自己的肢体语言 |
[07:03] | And you, for some reason, have recently used a solvent | 还有你 出于某种原因 刚把手上的 |
[07:06] | to remove fingernail polish from your hands. | 指甲油用溶剂给清洗掉了 |
[07:09] | 12 times your usual rate will be just fine. | 给你付平常费用的十二倍好了 |
[07:11] | I will need access to Peter Talbott’s office, | 我需要能进入彼得·塔伯特的办公室 |
[07:13] | his computer. | 和使用他的电脑的权限 |
[07:15] | My secretary will be happy to take you down there right now. | 我的秘书很乐意马上带你们过去 |
[07:25] | Cute couple. | 可爱的小俩口 |
[07:26] | Everyone here calls Peter and Alyssa | 这里的每个人都把彼得和阿丽莎 |
[07:28] | “Taylor and Burton.” | 叫做泰勒和伯顿 |
[07:29] | You know, after the movie stars. | 以电影明星的名字命名 |
[07:30] | Fascinating. | 有意思 |
[07:32] | I’ll be outside if you need me. | 如果需要我的话 我就在外面 |
[07:35] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so happy, | 我从没见过你像在会议室那时 |
[07:37] | back in the conference room. | 那么开心 |
[07:38] | Mastering the masters of the universe. | 玩弄这群星球的主人 |
[07:40] | Bit of a letdown, actually. | 其实我有点失望 |
[07:41] | I think I could’ve got 20 times my normal rate. | 我本可以要平常费用的二十倍的 |
[07:43] | What is your normal rate? | 你平常费用是多少 |
[07:45] | Oh, I don’t have one. | 我平时不收钱 |
[07:46] | Remind me to make one up before I leave. | 走之前提醒我随便编一个 |
[07:48] | Typical. | 果不其然 |
[07:49] | Every stuffed shirt who wants to pass for erudite | 每个想被人看作知识渊博的自命不凡之人 |
[07:51] | has shelves full of unread books. | 都有成堆的没读过的书 |
[07:53] | None of the spines on these have ever been cracked. | 没有一本书的书脊上有裂痕 |
[07:56] | Except… | 除了 |
[07:58] | this one. | 这一本 |
[08:01] | Which apparently Mr. Talbott consults all the time. | 很显然塔伯特先生总是翻阅此书 |
[08:13] | I’ve never been a fan of John Maynard Keynes, | 我从来都不是凯恩斯的粉丝 |
[08:15] | but this I could sink my teeth into. | 不过或许我会对这个感兴趣 |
[08:17] | I don’t understand. What is that? | 我不明白 这是什么 |
[08:19] | It’s a menu. | 这是邮购目录 |
[08:20] | Each of these girls is available for a price. | 这里面的每一个女孩都可以出钱买到 |
[08:23] | See the ring symbols at the bottom? | 看见底下的这个环形记号了吗 |
[08:25] | The more rings, the more expensive the prostitute. | 环越多 妓女就越贵 |
[08:28] | So you’re speaking from experience? | 你不会是经验之谈吧 |
[08:31] | It’s just a deduction. | 这只是推理 |
[08:32] | Though I am on an expense account. | 虽然我也有公费账户 |
[08:36] | Almost all these pages are turned down. | 几乎每一页都有折角 |
[08:38] | The more pricey girls were his favorites. | 价格较高的女孩是他的最爱 |
[08:41] | But you can’t just tell the IRS | 但你总不能告诉国税局 |
[08:42] | you spend six figures a year on slappers. | 你每年在妓女身上花掉六位数的钱吧 |
[08:44] | No, you need to hide the expense. So… | 不 你需要掩盖这些开销 所以呢 |
[08:48] | Let’s see… calendar, contacts… | 让我们来看看 日历 通讯簿 |
[08:52] | Yeah. You see? | 找到了 你看 |
[08:55] | Talbott has contact addresses for two separate accountants. | 塔伯特有两位会计的联络方式 |
[08:59] | This one is for a rep for DDB. | 这个Ddb的缩写 |
[09:02] | That’s a big five firm, nothing untoward there. | 那是五大公司之一 没什么不良记录 |
[09:04] | Probably handled the family books. | 可能掌管着家庭账目 |
[09:05] | But this one… | 不过这个 |
[09:06] | is an independent accountant by the name of Martin Rydell. | 是一个叫马丁·李戴尔的独立会计师 |
[09:09] | Handled something Peter calls his “Executive Private Account”” | 他掌管着名为个人行政账户的东西 |
[09:14] | Excuse me! | 不好意思 |
[09:15] | Secretary? | 秘书小姐 |
[09:18] | What did Fowkes say your name was? | 福克斯说你叫什么 |
[09:19] | He didn’t. It’s Donna. | 他没说 我叫唐娜 |
[09:21] | Well, before we leave, Donna, would you mind calling us in | 我们走之前能不能帮我们打电话 |
[09:24] | a reservation for three at Villa Pacri? | 在维拉·帕克里预定个三人桌 |
[09:27] | We’re not dressed for Villa Pacri. | 我们的着装不适合去维拉·帕克里 |
[09:29] | We’re not dressed for Canon-Ebersole, either. | 我们的着装也不适合来佳能-艾博索 |
[09:31] | When I invite Martin Rydell to lunch, | 当我要请马丁·李戴尔共进午餐的时候 |
[09:33] | it’ll help if I drop the name of one of | 如果我说要去这城市其中一家 |
[09:34] | the most expensive restaurants in the city. | 最贵的餐厅会更容易请到他 |
[09:41] | So you loathe Canon-Ebersole and everything they stand for. | 所以你厌恶佳能-艾博索和它所代表的一切 |
[09:44] | But you love to spend their money. | 但是你爱花他们的钱 |
[09:45] | You don’t see any inconsistency there? | 你不觉得这自相矛盾吗 |
[09:47] | I’m redistributing as many of their assets as I can. | 我在尽我所能重新分配他们的财富 |
[09:50] | If I’m going to get in bed with the croupiers of a rigged game, | 如果我要跟作弊游戏的庄荷睡上一觉的话 |
[09:52] | I’m going to make damn sure | 我一定会确保 |
[09:53] | their wallets are lighter in the morning. | 到了早上他们的钱包会变得轻一些 |
[09:55] | Sir? | 先生 |
[09:56] | And that is for? | 那是什么 |
[09:57] | It’s the most expensive bottle they’ve got. | 这是他们这里最贵的酒 |
[09:59] | I don’t care if it comes in a box, you’re not drinking it. | 我不管它有多贵 你又不喝它 |
[10:01] | It’s not for me. You see that couple over there? | 这不是给我的 看见那边的小俩口了吗 |
[10:05] | I observed them while you were in the bathroom. | 你去卫生间的时候我观察了他们 |
[10:06] | The man’s suit is frayed from dry cleaning. | 男方的西装因为干洗而有所磨损 |
[10:09] | I’d wager it’s the only one he’s got. | 我打赌这是他唯一的一件西装 |
[10:11] | Therefore, he saved to come here for a special occasion. | 所以说这件是他为特殊时刻保留的 |
[10:13] | Also, he keeps touching the inside pocket of his suit coat, | 还有 他不停的摸西装内袋 |
[10:17] | like he’s checking to see that something valuable | 像是他在确认一样值钱的物品 |
[10:19] | is still there. | 是否还在里面 |
[10:20] | He’s about to propose. | 他要求婚 |
[10:21] | And I’m going to send this wine over as congratulations. | 我要把这瓶酒送给他们以表祝贺 |
[10:24] | Or condolences. | 或者哀悼 |
[10:25] | It’s lovely, thank you. | 这很好 谢谢你 |
[10:28] | Mr. Holmes? | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[10:29] | Mr. Rydell. | 李戴尔先生 |
[10:31] | Won’t you sit down? | 您请坐 |
[10:36] | Confession: I told a couple of white lies | 坦白跟你说 我在电话里说了几句 |
[10:38] | on the phone. | 善意的谎言 |
[10:39] | I don’t actually work at Canon-Ebersole, | 事实上我不在佳能-艾博索工作 |
[10:41] | and I have no intention of opening | 也不打算找你帮我开一个 |
[10:42] | a private executive account with you. | 私人行政账户 |
[10:45] | What I would like is to discuss the work | 我想向您请教的是 |
[10:47] | you did concealing Peter Talbott’s predilection | 您为了掩盖彼得·塔伯特对贵价妓女的癖好 |
[10:49] | for expensive hookers. | 所做的工作 |
[10:52] | I’m sorry, I think maybe this is a mistake. | 对不起 我想这或许是个错误 |
[10:54] | Is it strictly legal, | 这合法吗 |
[10:55] | the private executive accounting business? I bet not. | 这个私人行政会计 我猜不是 |
[10:58] | Yet you seemed very eager to take this meeting with me, | 但是你似乎又急着要见我 |
[11:00] | so I’m quite sure that Peter Talbott’s not the only rich man | 所以我相当确信彼得·塔伯特不是 |
[11:03] | to avail himself of your services. | 唯一一个从你的服务中获利的有钱人 |
[11:06] | But by all means, leave. | 你想走人就走 |
[11:07] | I’m sure there’s any number of magazines | 我确信有很多家杂志社 |
[11:09] | would love to publish a story about | 会对刊登这个掩盖了华尔街肮脏秘密的男人 |
[11:11] | the man who hides the dirty secrets of Wall Street. | 的故事感兴趣 |
[11:13] | The press is so base these days. | 现在的媒体太低趣味了 |
[11:17] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[11:18] | Hello. Is this the Post? | 喂 是邮报吗 |
[11:19] | Wait! | 等等 |
[11:22] | I work with Peter. I set up a shell corporation. | 我跟彼得合作 建立了一个空壳公司 |
[11:25] | We steer a little bit of his paycheck | 我们把他薪水的一小部分 |
[11:27] | into a quiet little slush fund. | 注入到了一个小规模的行贿基金里 |
[11:29] | He can do whatever he wants with it. | 有了那个他干什么都行 |
[11:31] | And if he were using this slush fund | 如果他用这笔行贿基金 |
[11:33] | to binge on his favorite bad habit, | 行酒作乐的话 |
[11:35] | where do you suppose we might find him? | 你认为我们在哪儿能找到他 |
[11:39] | I rented an apartment in Tribeca | 我用空壳公司的名义 |
[11:40] | under the name of the dummy corp. | 在特里贝克区租了套公寓 |
[11:42] | Yes, I will! Of course I will! | 是的 我愿意 我当然愿意 |
[11:49] | That’s lovely, isn’t it? | 这很好 不是吗 |
[11:51] | This apartment, we’ll need the address. | 我们需要这套公寓的地址 |
[11:54] | The man you met this morning, | 早上你见的那个男人 |
[11:55] | his name’s Aaron, yes? | 他的名字叫亚伦 对吗 |
[11:58] | He sent a text while you were in the bathroom at lunch, | 你去上卫生间的时候他发了条短信 |
[12:00] | asked if you wanted to have dinner tonight. | 问你今晚是否愿意与他共进晚餐 |
[12:01] | Didn’t we already have this conversation? | 咱们不是说过了吗 |
[12:03] | You don’t touch my stuff. | 你不碰我的东西 |
[12:04] | You said yes, by the way. | 顺带说一下 你同意了 |
[12:05] | And you definitely don’t accept dates on my behalf. | 你绝不能以我的名义接受约会邀请 |
[12:08] | Why not? We’re both equally aware | 为什么不呢 我们达成共识了 |
[12:09] | that you’re attracted to this man. | 你喜欢这个男人 |
[12:10] | No, we are both not equally aware of my feelings. | 不 我们没在我的情感上达成共识 |
[12:15] | Super’s office. | 超级办公室 |
[12:16] | Yes, this is detective Donowicz of the NYPD. | 我是纽约警察局的多纳维奇警探 |
[12:18] | We got a warrant to look inside apartment 2G. | 我们有查看2G号房间的许可证 |
[12:21] | Hold way. | 稍等 |
[12:22] | We don’t have a warrant. | 我们没有许可证 |
[12:23] | They almost never ask to see it. | 他们几乎从来不会向你要的 |
[12:31] | This is the apartment he kept on the side? | 这就是他私藏的公寓吗 |
[12:33] | This place is amazing. | 这地方真棒啊 |
[12:38] | Mr. Talbott, your bosses would like a word. | 塔伯特先生 您的上司要跟您谈话 |
[13:03] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[13:04] | I’m sure you already know that the support meetings, | 我确信你知道在那些互助会议里 |
[13:07] | you’re not even allowed to name the drug you’ve abused. | 你甚至不能提起你滥用过的药物 |
[13:10] | Just saying it out loud | 光是说说 |
[13:11] | might be enough to make someone relapse. | 也许就会让人故态复萌 |
[13:12] | I told you I don’t pay attention in those meetings. | 我告诉过你我不在乎那些会议 |
[13:16] | Heroin was one of the drugs that landed you in rehab. | 海洛因是把你送进了戒毒所的毒品之一 |
[13:20] | You’re not just hearing the word. | 你不光是在谈论它 |
[13:21] | You’re in a apartment where it’s laid out in front of you. | 你身处公寓里 它就近在您的眼前 |
[13:24] | Do you want to get away from this? | 你想离它远点吗 |
[13:24] | We can go outside and talk. | 我们可以出去谈谈 |
[13:26] | I’m fine. I have to be. I’m working a case. | 我很好 必须的 我正在破案 |
[13:29] | And talking about my feelings | 谈论我的感觉 |
[13:30] | is not gonna get it solved, right? | 是不会解决问题的 好吗 |
[13:32] | Peter Talbott is right there. Your job is over. | 彼得·塔伯特就在那儿 你的工作结束了 |
[13:35] | Over? Do you see that salad sitting there? | 结束了吗 你看见那盆沙拉了吗 |
[13:38] | Captain, you’re classifying this as an accidental overdose, yeah? | 警监 你将此案归类为意外用药过量对吗 |
[13:43] | We’ll wait on the M.E. to make the final determination, | 我们得等验尸官做最终定论 |
[13:45] | but you’re looking at the same picture we are. | 但是你跟我们想的差不多 |
[13:47] | Indeed. But I don’t think we need to wait on the examiner to get started– | 的确 但我不认为需要等验尸官才开始 |
[13:50] | I think there’s a good chance | 我觉得彼得·塔伯特 |
[13:51] | Peter Talbott was murdered. | 极有可能是被人谋杀 |
[13:52] | Murdered? The guy’s holding the needle he used | 谋杀吗 他用他手里握着的针管 |
[13:54] | to shoot himself up. | 给自己注射了毒品 |
[13:55] | He’s holding the needle that someone used to shoot him up. | 是别人给他静脉注射 制造自杀假象 |
[13:57] | Look at his arm. There’s no track marks on it. | 看他的胳膊 没有找血管时留下的痕迹 |
[14:00] | Doesn’t mean anything. | 这不能证明什么 |
[14:01] | A junkie can find a vein anywhere. | 瘾君子对静脉位置了如指掌 |
[14:03] | Look around you. Does this look like | 看看周围 这里看起来 |
[14:04] | the typical apartment of a hardcore heroin user? | 像是一个瘾君子住的地方吗 |
[14:08] | It’s-It’s-It’s pristine! | 这里…这里很整洁 |
[14:11] | I’d wager even the food | 我打赌 |
[14:14] | is perfectly arranged. | 甚至连食物都放得有条不紊 |
[14:18] | Ha. Does that look like the typical fridge | 这看起来像是一个典型的 |
[14:20] | of a heroin addict? | 海洛因吸食者的冰箱吗 |
[14:22] | No, not a typical one. | 不 这不是 |
[14:25] | Heroin users are looking for oblivion. | 海洛因吸食者渴望飘飘欲仙的感觉 |
[14:28] | They want the drug to dull their senses. | 想用毒品麻醉自己 |
[14:30] | That’s why when they overdose, usually you find them in | 这就解释了为什么他们过度嗑药后 |
[14:32] | squalid apartments or alleyways. | 总能在肮脏的公寓或窄巷找到他们 |
[14:34] | They don’t often keep apartments like this. | 他们的房间不会如此干净 |
[14:37] | And it’s rare-ish that they hold jobs as a COO | 对于一家价值数十亿公司的首席运营官来说 |
[14:41] | of a billion-dollar corporation. | 这是极不可能的 |
[14:44] | So you’re saying someone gave | 你是说有人蓄意 |
[14:45] | Peter Talbott that shot? | 给彼得·塔伯特静脉注射 |
[14:48] | How? There’s no sign of a struggle here. | 怎么可能 这儿没任何争斗痕迹 |
[14:50] | You can’t walk up to someone | 走近一个人 再将注射器准确刺入胳膊 |
[14:51] | and stick a syringe in their arm. | 这不可能做到 |
[14:52] | No, you would need them to be unconscious first. | 不 有可能 你可以先让他昏迷 |
[14:57] | Okay, granted I’ve never been hit with a salad container, | 好吧 就算我从没被保鲜盒砸过 |
[15:00] | but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t knock you out. | 但我也确信它不足以打晕人 |
[15:03] | The killer would need Peter to be insensate | 罪犯在进行致命一击前 |
[15:05] | before delivering the fatal shot. | 先要让彼得处于无意识状态 |
[15:07] | But a drug other than heroin would | 但是除了海洛因外 |
[15:08] | surely show up on tox screens. | 用其他毒品都会被发现 |
[15:10] | So what’s the most efficient solution? | 那么最有效的办法是什么 |
[15:13] | If Peter Talbott was murdered, | 如果彼得·塔伯特是被谋杀的 |
[15:15] | I’d imagine the first dose of heroin came from here. | 我猜他从这儿服用了第一剂海洛因 |
[15:19] | After he passed out, | 他晕倒后 |
[15:21] | the killer dragged him | 凶手把他拖到 |
[15:23] | to the chair where he delivered the fatal shot. | 椅子上 实施犯罪 |
[15:27] | You think someone dosed his salad dressing? | 你认为有人在他的沙拉里下了药 |
[15:29] | I think it’s worth exploring. | 我觉得这值得一查 |
[15:31] | It’s easy enough to find out if I’m right. | 如果我是对的 这很容易查清 |
[15:32] | We just test the salad | 我们只需检测 |
[15:34] | for the presence of heroin. | 沙拉里是否有海洛因 |
[15:35] | I’ll hold my breath on that. | 我还是不说话的好 |
[15:36] | Meantime, I got to notify Talbott’s wife | 同时 我去告知塔伯特的妻子 |
[15:39] | of all… this. | 这儿发生的一切 |
[15:40] | I’m coming. | 我也去 |
[15:42] | He-he keeps a special apartment for prostitutes. | 他专门为妓女弄了套公寓 |
[15:45] | If he was murdered, surely his wife had motive. | 如果是被谋杀 显然他妻子有杀人动机 |
[15:47] | You can watch. | 你只能在一旁看着 |
[15:49] | She just lost her husband, | 她刚失去了丈夫 |
[15:51] | the last thing she needs to deal with right now… | 现在她唯一要对付的 |
[15:53] | is you. | 就是你 |
[15:57] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[16:00] | Peter said he was done with it all. | 彼得说他已经金盆洗手了 |
[16:02] | The girls, the partying. | 和女孩乱搞 享乐子 他都戒了 |
[16:04] | He just told me he was ready for kids | 他还说他要一心教育孩子 |
[16:06] | – and you’re saying he was using heroin? – Every cool? | -你们竟然说他在吸毒 -你还好吗 |
[16:09] | – Our sincere condolences… – You’re staring. | -我们诚挚的慰问…-你一动不动的 |
[16:11] | Ms. Talbott, | 塔伯特女士 |
[16:13] | sorry to interrupt. | 不好意思打断一下 |
[16:14] | Would you mind telling us where you were | 介意告诉我们两天前的 |
[16:15] | two nights ago between the hours of 6:00 and midnight? | 午夜到凌晨六点期间你在哪吗 |
[16:18] | – What? – The medical examiner | -怎么了 -法医推测 |
[16:19] | estimates that’s when your husband died. | 那是你丈夫的死亡时间 |
[16:21] | I was wondering where you where. | 我想知道当时你在哪 |
[16:23] | – No. – You-you think I’d hurt my husband? | -不是这样 -你们认为我杀了我丈夫 |
[16:24] | No, no, everything we’ve seen so far | 不 根据我们目前掌握的信息 |
[16:26] | says accidental death. | 证明这是意外死亡 |
[16:27] | Even so– your whereabouts. | 即便如此 也要知道你的行踪 |
[16:29] | You don’t… have to answer that. | 你不必回答他 |
[16:31] | I-I volunteer at Habitat for Humanity. | 我在”仁人家园”做志愿者 |
[16:34] | I was at a silent auction. | 我在参加一个无声竞拍 |
[16:35] | Th-There must have been 200 people who saw me there. | 有200人能证明我在场 |
[16:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:39] | And until today, you had no idea your husband was using heroin? | 直到今天 你都不知道你丈夫在吸毒吗 |
[16:42] | I told you, no. | 我说过了 一无所知 |
[16:44] | I’m shocked. | 我很震惊 |
[16:47] | But… I… can’t say I’m… | 但… 我不能说 |
[16:51] | totally surprised. | 我感到很意外 |
[16:53] | He’s been overwhelmed ever since they named him COO. | 自从他当上首席运营官后就有些不知所措 |
[16:57] | Peter used to say he thought the last guy dropped dead | 彼得说过他觉得前任首席运营官 |
[16:58] | just to get out of going into work. | 因为辞去了工作而死 |
[17:00] | Sorry, sorry, sorry. | 不好意思 插句话 |
[17:01] | Did you just say | 你刚才是不是说 |
[17:02] | the previous chief operating officer | 佳能-艾博索之前的首席营运官 |
[17:04] | of Canon-Ebersole also died? | 也死了 |
[17:06] | He was allergic to peanuts– he died when some restaurant | 他对花生过敏 他的死是因为 |
[17:09] | put the wrong oil in his lunch. | 有家餐厅给他的午餐用错了油 |
[17:11] | How long ago was that? | 多久以前的事 |
[17:12] | Last October. | 去年十月 |
[17:13] | Why? What does this have to do with Peter? | 怎么了 这和彼得的死有关吗 |
[17:15] | Nothing at all. We’re finished here. | 没什么 我们就谈到这儿吧 |
[17:17] | Thank you very much for coming in. | 很感谢你能来 |
[17:19] | And again, we’ve very, very sorry for your loss. | 我们对你丈夫的死深表遗憾 |
[17:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:29] | Peanut allergies? | 花生过敏 |
[17:30] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[17:31] | Canon-Ebersole has lost two COO’s in a year. | 佳能-艾博索一年内失去了两名首席运营官 |
[17:34] | That seems like a dangerous job. | 看起来这份工作真不好做 |
[17:43] | You speak Mandarin? | 你会说中国话吗 |
[17:45] | Not as well as I’d like. You? | 说的不好 达不到我对自己的标准 你呢 |
[17:46] | Not as well as my mother would like. | 达不到我母亲对我的标准 |
[17:49] | Who was that? | 是谁啊 |
[17:49] | The chef that prepared the meal | 那个为彼得·塔伯特的前任 |
[17:51] | that killed Peter Talbott’s predecessor at Canon-Ebersole. | 准备致命午餐的厨师 |
[17:55] | Any particular reason? | 有什么事吗 |
[17:56] | I won’t get the test results back | 我在短时间内不能拿到 |
[17:57] | from Peter Talbott’s salad for a couple of hours. | 彼得·塔伯特的沙拉的测试结果 |
[17:59] | In the meantime, I suppose I’m just curious. | 与此同时 我只是有点好奇 |
[18:02] | The previous COO of Canon-Ebersole | 佳能-艾博索的前任首席运营官 |
[18:04] | was a man named Gary Norris. | 是一个叫盖瑞·诺瑞斯的人 |
[18:06] | Terrible allergies. | 有严重的过敏症 |
[18:08] | Yes, noted earlier. | 是的 之前提过 |
[18:10] | Did you know he was fanatical about avoiding peanut products? | 你知道吗 他避免用任何花生产品 |
[18:15] | He ate every single takeout meal | 他吃每一顿外卖餐 |
[18:16] | from the same Chinese restaurant. | 都只去同一个中国餐厅 |
[18:18] | He had a special arrangement with the chef, | 那个厨师知道当为盖瑞·诺瑞斯准备饭菜时 |
[18:20] | who knew never to have peanut oil around | 绝不能放花生油 |
[18:21] | when he was preparing Gary Norris’s meals. | 这是他的特殊要求 |
[18:24] | Well, it only takes one slip up. | 但是有一次疏忽了 |
[18:26] | But the chef swears he didn’t slip up. | 但是那个厨师发誓他没出错 |
[18:28] | He prepared that meal personally, and he believes | 他亲自准备的饭菜 |
[18:31] | that someone put the peanut oil in Gary Norris’s food | 他坚信是有人在菜端出厨房后 |
[18:34] | after it left his kitchen. | 在饭菜中加了花生油 |
[18:36] | I’m starting to think he could be right. | 我开始觉得他是对的 |
[18:38] | Death by peanut oil– that would be | 借花生油杀人 |
[18:40] | a brilliant way to kill someone. | 这真是个高明的手段 |
[18:42] | If Peter Talbott was murdered, | 如果彼得·塔伯特是被谋杀 |
[18:44] | the M.O. Is consistent: | 那两起案件犯罪手段相同 |
[18:46] | eliminate your target | 都用全世界都以为是场意外的方法 |
[18:47] | in a way that the world thinks is an accident. | 消除目标 |
[18:51] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[18:55] | Earlier, when I asked you about being around heroin again, | 之前 我问你有没有再嗑药的时候 |
[18:58] | you wanted to say something? | 你想说什么吧 |
[19:01] | I could tell. | 我能看出来 |
[19:04] | I’d forgotten what it smells like. | 我都忘了它闻起来什么味儿了 |
[19:06] | Cooked heroin. | 熟海洛因 |
[19:09] | It brought back memories. | 唤起了我不少回忆啊 |
[19:13] | You also said that heroin users want to dull their senses, | 你还说过 海洛因吸食者想麻醉自己 |
[19:16] | that they crave oblivion. | 渴望飘飘欲仙的感觉 |
[19:20] | Is that what you wanted? | 那是你想要的吗 |
[19:21] | It’s nearly 7:00. | 快7点了 |
[19:23] | You’re gonna miss your dinner date. | 你要错过晚餐约会了 |
[19:24] | I’m not going. You need me tonight. | 我不去了 你今晚需要我 |
[19:26] | Actually… | 事实上 |
[19:28] | what I need, I believe, is privacy tonight. | 我今晚需要的 是私人空间 |
[19:31] | I’m not gonna relapse. | 我不会再次堕落的 |
[19:33] | Besides, if I wanted drugs, I could always just | 再说了 就算我想吸毒 |
[19:36] | climb out the window, whether you’re here or not. | 我随时都能爬出窗户 不管你在不在这 |
[19:39] | Go. | 去吧 |
[19:40] | If it makes you happy, | 你回来后我会做呕吐测试 |
[19:42] | I’ll take a spit test when you get back. | 如果这能让你好受点的话 |
[19:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:56] | I am officially calling it. | 我要正式给你纠正一点 |
[19:59] | “Foam” Is-is not a category of food. | “泡沫”不算是一种食物 |
[20:02] | It just isn’t. | 真心不是 |
[20:03] | I feel like I should take you to a restaurant | 我觉得我得带你去一家 |
[20:05] | that provides actual sustenance. | 提供正规食物的餐厅 |
[20:07] | That’s all right. After all the bubbles subsided, | 没关系 消化完那些泡泡后 |
[20:09] | there was food underneath. | 我也饱了 |
[20:10] | No, you’re missing my point. | 不 你没理解我的意思 |
[20:12] | Can’t you see that’s my stealthy way | 你感觉不到我是在隐晦的 |
[20:14] | of asking you out on another date. | 邀请你跟我再次约会吗 |
[20:16] | Oh, smooth! | 真是油腔滑调 |
[20:18] | Yeah. So smooth you didn’t even notice. | 是啊 而且不动声色 |
[20:21] | No, I didn’t. I was… | 确实 我… |
[20:24] | Seriously, though, I… I had fun. | 说真的 今天我过得很愉快 |
[20:28] | Most of my dates these days | 最近我大部分的约会对象 |
[20:29] | are spent talking about ex-husbands. | 都不断提起她们的前夫 |
[20:32] | You didn’t go there. | 你没有 |
[20:33] | Well, that’s easy– I’ve never been married. | 肯定啊 因为我没结过婚 |
[20:35] | – What about you? – No. | -你呢 -也没有 |
[20:45] | Your chariot. | 你的南瓜车来了 |
[20:49] | So, uh… | 所以… |
[20:51] | like I said, this was fun. | 正如我说的 今晚很愉快 |
[20:54] | It was. | 是很愉快 |
[20:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:01] | Thank you. | 也谢谢你 |
[21:09] | Who are they? | 这些人是谁 |
[21:10] | Employees of Canon-Ebersole | 佳能-艾博索 |
[21:11] | who have died over the last ten years. | 过去十年死掉的员工 |
[21:14] | It is a big company. | 那是个大公司 |
[21:15] | Odds are they’re gonna lose some people along the way. | 在发展过程中有人死去也不足为奇 |
[21:17] | And some of these, no doubt, are random. | 很明显 死者之间没有什么联系 |
[21:20] | But there could be a pattern hidden in there. | 但这其中没准儿暗藏规律 |
[21:23] | – How was your date? – Good. | -约会怎么样 -挺好的 |
[21:25] | Fun. | 很愉快 |
[21:28] | I think maybe he lied to me. | 我觉得他对我说谎了 |
[21:31] | It was the end of the night and we were talking | 吃完晚饭 我们聊天时 |
[21:33] | about whether or not we’ve been married, | 说起结婚的问题 |
[21:34] | and when he said he hadn’t– and this isn’t something | 他说他没结过婚 和你待在一起之前 |
[21:36] | I would’ve noticed before I started working with you– | 我也许难以察觉 但现在 |
[21:39] | but I… could swear he wasn’t telling the truth. | 我敢说他没讲实话 |
[21:42] | Flexing our deductive muscles, are we? | 这就是演绎法的威力 对吧 |
[21:44] | I could burst with pride. | 我很骄傲啊 |
[21:46] | The next step is confirmation. | 下一步就是确认 |
[21:48] | It’s easy enough to find out if he was married. | 很容易就可以查出他是否结过婚 |
[21:50] | What was his last name? | 他姓什么 |
[21:51] | Hold on. | 住手 |
[21:53] | Not a cyber-stalker. | 别利用网络偷窥别人的隐私 |
[21:54] | Do you want to find out if you’re right or don’t you? | 你不想知道自己的推理是否正确吗 |
[21:58] | His last name is Ward. | 他姓沃德 |
[22:00] | Quick visit to maritalrecords.com | 登陆婚姻纪录网 |
[22:02] | Tells us that Aaron Ward | 纽约的亚伦·沃德 |
[22:05] | of New York City was… | 他的婚姻状况是 |
[22:09] | – Oh. – Oh. What does that mean? | -哦 -哦是什么意思 |
[22:11] | He wasn’t married. Oh. He is married. | 他不是结过婚 而是正处于已婚状态 |
[22:13] | To a woman called Grace Arber. | 妻子叫格瑞丝·亚伯 |
[22:15] | They just celebrated their anniversary. | 他们刚刚庆祝了结婚纪念日 |
[22:17] | How could Emily set me up with a married guy? | 艾米丽怎么能给我介绍一个已婚男人 |
[22:19] | Well, look at it this way: your instincts were right. | 你可以这么看 你的直觉是正确的 |
[22:21] | And you’re home early, so I assume you haven’t become | 而且你很早就回家了 所以你并没有 |
[22:23] | an unwitting adulteress. | 成为一名不知情的小三 |
[22:27] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[22:28] | – Knew what? – That’s the NYPD lab. | -知道什么 -纽约警局实验室的短信 |
[22:30] | They agreed to rush the tests of Peter Talbott’s salad | 他们对塔伯特的沙拉做了检测 |
[22:33] | and there were trace amounts of heroin in it. | 发现里面有少许海洛因 |
[22:36] | My advice… | 我的意见是 |
[22:37] | don’t dwell on that man’s petty deceptions. | 别理那个男人的小谎话 |
[22:39] | You need your rest. | 你需要休息 |
[22:40] | We’re going to Canon-Ebersole tomorrow. | 我们明天要去佳能-艾博索 |
[22:42] | We’re going to call another meeting of their Board of Directors. | 我们要再召开一次董事会 |
[22:44] | Can you do that? You don’t even work there anymore. | 你能做到吗 你都不为他们工作了 |
[22:46] | Not technically, but I think | 理论上说 不能 但我认为 |
[22:48] | they’re gonna want my help in trying to figure out | 他们需要我的帮助来确定 |
[22:49] | whether there’s a murderer working there. | 公司内部是不是有个杀人犯 |
[22:53] | Miles Durham, former head trader in your Denver office. | 迈尔斯·杜伦 丹佛分公司前任贸易主管 |
[22:56] | Mr. Durham was a volunteer with wilderness search and rescue | 杜伦先生是野外救援队的志愿者 |
[23:00] | who always filed his travel plans with the ranger office | 他在露营前 总会在办公室写下 |
[23:03] | whenever he went camping. | 旅行的计划 |
[23:04] | We’re busy people, Mr. Holmes. | 我们很忙 福尔摩斯先生 |
[23:06] | What are we doing here? | 我们到底来这做什么 |
[23:08] | Maria Filipello. | 玛利亚·费伯罗 |
[23:10] | She ran your equities division in Dallas. | 她负责达拉斯的资产净值估算部门 |
[23:12] | She suffocated in 2005 | 2005年 |
[23:13] | when the natural gas line running into her house ruptured. | 因家里的煤气泄漏 窒息而死 |
[23:16] | Never been another problem with that brand of piping | 那个牌子的管道质量很好 |
[23:18] | before or since. | 从未出现过类似问题 |
[23:21] | Jason Palmer. | 杰森·帕尔默 |
[23:21] | He worked in the New York office. | 他在纽约分公司工作 |
[23:22] | Got a $5 million bonus in 2009. | 2009年得到了500万的奖金 |
[23:26] | Then drowned, while swimming in a lake | 之后在自家附近的湖里 |
[23:28] | near his home in the Catskills. | 被发现溺水身亡 |
[23:29] | The odd things is, | 奇怪的是 |
[23:30] | when Jason Palmer was in college, | 杰森·帕尔默在大学时期 |
[23:32] | he was a beach lifeguard at Martha’s Vineyard. | 是玛莎葡萄园的海滩救生员 |
[23:33] | Respectfully, Mr. Holmes, | 恕我直言 福尔摩斯先生 |
[23:36] | you found Peter, he O.D.’d, | 你找到了彼得 他死于毒品 |
[23:37] | we’re done. | 工作结束了 |
[23:38] | Peter Talbott was murdered. | 彼得·塔伯特是被谋杀的 |
[23:40] | The police are investigating now. | 警方正在调查中 |
[23:41] | I believe the man who killed him | 我认为杀害他的凶手 |
[23:43] | also killed your previous COO, | 也杀害了前任首席运营官 |
[23:45] | Gary Norris. | 盖瑞·诺瑞斯 |
[23:46] | And these three unfortunate souls. | 还有这不幸的三位 |
[23:48] | Possibly one or two others, as well. | 可能除此之外还有一两个 |
[23:49] | I can’t find a plausible motive for anyone | 我认为公司以外的人 |
[23:52] | outside the company to have committed these murders. | 没有任何杀人动机 |
[23:54] | These are not crimes of passion. | 这些不是冲动犯罪 |
[23:56] | They’re too well-concealed for that. | 作案手法太精妙了 |
[23:57] | They’re crimes of opportunity. | 谋杀是为了升职 |
[23:59] | I think you may have a sociopath in your midst. | 我认为你们公司里有个反社会人士 |
[24:02] | A particularly cunning, methodical killer. | 一个十分狡猾 专业的杀手 |
[24:05] | If I’m right, they wait, they analyze, | 如果我的分析正确 他在伺机而动 |
[24:07] | and when the time is right to give themselves a leg up, | 时机一到 就出手作案 |
[24:10] | they pounce. | 谋求升职 |
[24:11] | You’re saying someone is killing their way up the ladder? | 你是说有人为了升职在杀害别人 |
[24:15] | That sounds insane to me. | 这太不合常理了 |
[24:17] | I’d love to be wrong. | 我很希望自己是错的 |
[24:18] | But someone did dose Peter Talbott’s salad with heroin. | 但确实有人在彼得·塔伯特的沙拉里放了海洛因 |
[24:21] | As for the rest, you let me do my work. | 至于其他死者 让我来调查 |
[24:24] | I’ll need access to your records. | 我需要员工资料 |
[24:26] | If this person is here, I’ll find them. | 如果那个人在公司的话 我会找出他 |
[24:28] | We control billions of dollars worth of assets, Mr. Holmes. | 我们坐拥数百亿资产 福尔摩斯先生 |
[24:32] | We can’t give you access to these files. | 我们不能让你随意查看 |
[24:34] | – They’re confidential. – I don’t need to audit you, | -那是机密文件 -我不是要查账 |
[24:36] | I just need to do some simple math. | 我只需要做一些小小的推理 |
[24:38] | There can’t be that many people | 不可能有那么多人 |
[24:40] | who worked in Denver in 2003, | 03年在丹佛上班 |
[24:41] | Dallas in 2005, | 05年调职达拉斯 |
[24:43] | New York since 2009. | 09年又来纽约吧 |
[24:44] | If I can find this person quickly, | 如果我能很快查到这个人 |
[24:46] | I can wrap this up with a minimum of scandal. | 就可以将丑闻的危害降到最低 |
[24:48] | All right, enough. | 好了 够了 |
[24:49] | This is not necessary. | 这完全没有必要 |
[24:51] | Are you listening to me? | 你有没有听我说话 |
[24:52] | There may be a murderer at Canon-Ebersole. | 佳能-艾博索里有杀人犯 |
[24:54] | There’s not a killer. You know how I know that? | 根本没有杀人犯 想知道原因吗 |
[24:56] | Because the only person with the career path | 因为符合那个事业路线的人 |
[24:57] | that you’re describing is me. | 只有我 |
[25:00] | What are you saying? | 你说什么 |
[25:01] | That I murdered, like, what, like five people? | 我杀了那五个人吗 |
[25:05] | Well, this is a bit awkward, | 是有些棘手 |
[25:07] | but I-I’d say that you’re a damn good suspect. | 但我得说 你是个重大嫌疑人 |
[25:18] | I thought I’d bring you your check personally. | 我觉得应该亲自把佣金送来 |
[25:20] | Also, we need to talk. | 而且 我们需要谈谈 |
[25:22] | Do we? | 需要吗 |
[25:27] | Eggs? | 吃蛋吗 |
[25:28] | I’m sure I could find another fork. | 我可以再给你找把叉子 |
[25:29] | I’m not hungry. I came here to end this. | 我不饿 我来这是为了把事情结了 |
[25:32] | Well, that should be simple enough. Just confess. | 那很简单 你只需要如实交代 |
[25:34] | Save us both a great deal of time and trouble. | 这样我们都会省时又省力 |
[25:37] | Do you have any idea what you did to me today? | 知道你今天的话对我有什么影响吗 |
[25:40] | Do you know what it takes just to survive | 你知道我付出了多少心血 |
[25:42] | at a place like Canon-Ebersole? | 才在佳能-艾博索生存下来吗 |
[25:44] | I think avoiding you would be a good start. | 我认为少和你接触是最好的生存方式 |
[25:46] | I’ve never killed anyone. | 我没杀过人 |
[25:49] | I went to parochial school, Mr. Holmes. | 我上的是教会学校 福尔摩斯先生 |
[25:53] | I’ve pretty much broken every commandment they ever taught me. | 我几乎打破了我学过的所有戒律 |
[25:56] | Father Ray probably isn’t very proud of me, | 雷神父绝不会以我为荣 |
[25:58] | but then again, Father Ray doesn’t have a country house. | 但是雷神父不像我有一套郊区别墅 |
[26:02] | I was inches away from becoming COO, | 我马上就要成为首席运营官了 |
[26:04] | which everybody knows | 大家都知道这个 |
[26:05] | is where they groom you for the big chair. | 然后开始巴结你 |
[26:07] | And you accuse me of murder. | 可你却指控我谋杀 |
[26:10] | You think everybody in that place isn’t talking? | 你觉得人们不会说闲话吗 |
[26:14] | Gossip’s poison in that place. | 流言蜚语在公司是毒药 |
[26:15] | Doesn’t matter that I’m completely innocent. | 没人去理会我是不是清白的 |
[26:18] | I’m never gonna get that job. | 我铁定做不成首席运营官了 |
[26:20] | Sorry. Are you done? | 不好意思 你说完了吗 |
[26:21] | Every time you say “Innocent,” I… I tune out. | 每次你说到”清白”二字 我都会无视 |
[26:24] | In that case, I’m just | 既然这样 我只能 |
[26:24] | going to have to prove it to you, aren’t I? | 向你证明我的清白了 是吧 |
[26:26] | Miles Durham, the first of these so-called murders. | 迈尔斯·杜伦 你口中的第一位死者 |
[26:29] | He disappeared during a camping trip. | 他在野营时失踪 |
[26:31] | August 2003, right? | 时间是03年8月 对吧 |
[26:33] | He left August 7… | 他是8月7号出发的 |
[26:36] | He was supposed to return August 9. | 预计9号返回 |
[26:40] | – What is this? – Medical records. Mine. | -这是什么 -我的病历 |
[26:43] | I had elective surgery, August 6, 2003. | 我在当月6号 做了外科手术 |
[26:46] | There were, uh… | 术后出现了 |
[26:47] | complications. | 并发症 |
[26:49] | I wasn’t released until August 12. | 直到12号才出院 |
[26:52] | Liposuction. Rhytidoplasty. | 抽脂 去皱 |
[26:54] | You had a face-lift. | 你做过面部整形手术 |
[26:55] | You see many jowly men on the cover of Barron’s, Mr. Holmes? | 你看巴伦周刊的封面有几个人有双下巴 |
[26:58] | My point is, I couldn’t have murdered Miles Durham. | 我要说的是 我不可能杀害迈尔斯·杜伦 |
[27:01] | And I’ll tell you something else. | 还有 |
[27:03] | Dan Cho– arrogant little pissant– | 丹·周 一个傲慢的小人物 |
[27:06] | no, he didn’t work for Canon-Ebersole in 2003, | 他03年没在佳能-艾博索工作 |
[27:09] | because he had a summer internship with us | 不过他在商业学校念书时 |
[27:12] | while he was in business school. | 来我们这暑期实习过 |
[27:14] | Worked at our Denver office. | 在丹佛分公司 |
[27:15] | Here’s his file. | 这是他的资料 |
[27:17] | We hired him in 2005, sent him to Dallas. | 我们05年录用了他 把他送到了达拉斯 |
[27:21] | You think there’s a sociopath working for us? | 你觉得他可能是那个反社会的人吗 |
[27:24] | Let me let you in on a little secret, Mr. Holmes. | 再给你透露一个小秘密 |
[27:27] | We’re all sociopaths. | 我们公司都是反社会的人 |
[27:36] | Hey, I’m trying to read up there. | 我在上面看书呢 |
[27:38] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[27:39] | Yes, Dan Cho interned in Denver | 没错 丹·周03年暑假 |
[27:41] | during the summer of 2003. | 是在那实习过 |
[27:43] | But he didn’t benefit from the first murder. | 但他没从第一起谋杀中获益 |
[27:45] | Company didn’t even hire him till two years later. | 公司是在两年之后才录用他的 |
[27:47] | First of all, you’re not even sure | 首先 你都不能确定 |
[27:48] | Miles Durham’s disappearance was a murder. | 迈尔斯·杜伦 的失踪是不是谋杀 |
[27:50] | Okay, let’s say it was. | 好吧 就当它是 |
[27:51] | Maybe this guy Dan Cho | 也许这个叫丹·周的家伙 |
[27:53] | killed him to get a charge out of it. | 杀害他只是为了取乐 |
[27:54] | The-the murder was the benefit. | 谋杀本身就是一种获益 |
[27:56] | People who enjoy killing | 嗜杀的人 |
[27:58] | like to share their enthusiasm with others. | 喜欢同别人分享他们的快感 |
[28:00] | They want everyone to know there’s a murderer out there. | 他们想让所有人都知道发生了谋杀 |
[28:02] | And anyway, even after he was hired, | 不仅如此 即使是他进入公司之后 |
[28:05] | he didn’t benefit from the deaths | 他也没像吉姆·福克斯那样 |
[28:06] | nearly as much as Jim Fowkes. | 从几起谋杀中获益 |
[28:08] | But Jim Fowkes… | 但吉姆·福克斯 |
[28:10] | Jim Fowkes didn’t do the first one! | 第一起谋杀不是吉姆·福克斯做的 |
[28:12] | It would appear not! | 事实并非如此 |
[28:17] | Marrying man? | 已婚男人 |
[28:18] | He just won’t quit. | 他不放手 |
[28:19] | He says he is married, | 他说他是结婚了 |
[28:20] | but he wants to meet me to explain himself. | 但他想跟我当面解释 |
[28:23] | – You should go. – Coffee with a creep? | -你应该去 -和一个龌龊男喝咖啡 |
[28:25] | – No, thanks. – If nothing else, | -算了 -如果没别的事情可做 |
[28:27] | it would be an interesting experiment in deduction for you. | 这是你练习演绎法的好机会 |
[28:29] | Spot the lie. | 识破谎言 |
[28:30] | Besides… | 而且 |
[28:31] | I need time to think, | 我需要时间来思考 |
[28:32] | which means it’s not gonna get any quieter around here. | 因此这里将不得安宁了 |
[28:36] | I… | 我 |
[28:48] | 紧急联系人 卡普兰·唐娜 | |
[28:49] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[28:52] | – Can I get you something? – I’m good. | -喝点什么 -不用了 |
[28:57] | How did you find out I’m married? | 你怎么发现我已经结婚了 |
[28:59] | Um… I thought you wanted to explain yourself, | 我想今天是你要解释 |
[29:02] | – not the other way around. – Okay, wait. | -而不是我吧 -好吧 是这样 |
[29:04] | I did lie to you. | 我是对你撒谎了 |
[29:06] | I did. | 没错 |
[29:07] | But it’s not what you think. | 但事实并非如你所想 |
[29:10] | I volunteer, uh, | 我在一家 |
[29:12] | for a place called Shoreline Community Services. | 名为”海岸线社区服务”的机构做志愿者 |
[29:14] | It’s a legal aid thing. | 是一家合法的援助机构 |
[29:16] | We… work with people who are seeking political asylum. | 我们为那些寻求政治避难的人提供帮助 |
[29:20] | A while back, | 前阵子 |
[29:21] | I helped out with a woman from Kosovo. | 我帮助了一个来自科索沃的女人 |
[29:23] | Her father was a general in the war, | 他的父亲是一名战败方的 |
[29:25] | for the losing side, | 上将 |
[29:27] | and when it ended, he was shot in the street. | 战争结束后 他在街上被枪杀了 |
[29:31] | She would have been killed had she returned home. | 她当时如果回家 可能也难逃一死 |
[29:34] | But the U.S. wouldn’t give her asylum. | 但是美国没有为她提供政治庇护 |
[29:39] | So you married her to keep her in the country. | 所以你为了让她留在这 就和她结婚了 |
[29:41] | Do you have a relationship? | 你们发生关系了吗 |
[29:45] | She lives in Hoboken. | 她住在赫伯肯 |
[29:47] | I check in on her sometimes. That’s it. | 我有时会去看看她 仅此而已 |
[29:50] | We can get a divorce in a year, | 如果政府不横加干涉的话 |
[29:52] | without the government crawling all over us. | 我们一年内就可以离婚 |
[29:57] | I would have told you eventually, | 我准备最终和你说的 |
[29:59] | if there was an “Eventually.” | 如果我们有”最终”的话 |
[30:01] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[30:03] | but now I’m just… I’m sorry. | 但我现在… 很抱歉 |
[30:08] | Helping her was a really compassionate thing to do. | 你能为她提供帮助 真有同情心 |
[30:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:14] | But if you don’t mind my asking, how did you find out about it? | 我还是想知道 你是怎么发现的 |
[30:22] | Excuse me. Donna? | 不好意思 唐娜 |
[30:24] | It is Donna, right? | 你叫唐娜 是吧 |
[30:28] | No one ever remembers the secretary, do they, Donna? | 没人会对一个秘书有印象 是吧 |
[30:30] | Excuse me, what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[30:32] | As a career choice, has its limits. | 作为职业 秘书有它的缺点 |
[30:34] | But then it does afford one a certain cloak of invisibility. | 但对于某些人来说 它就像一件隐身斗篷 |
[30:37] | I-I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[30:39] | But I’m pretty sure that Mr. Fowkes | 但我很肯定福克斯先生 |
[30:41] | had you banned from the building. | 禁止你进入公司大楼 |
[30:43] | You’ve been with him a long time, haven’t you? | 你和他在一起很久了 对吧 |
[30:45] | Until tonight, I just assumed that you’d… | 直到今晚之前 我都认为你是 |
[30:47] | come to work with him after he moved to New York. | 从他搬到纽约之后才和他共事的 |
[30:49] | Then I saw your name as the emergency contact | 而我在却发现他在丹佛的手术单上 |
[30:51] | for a surgical procedure he had in Denver. | 紧急联系人那里填的是你 |
[30:55] | You followed him to Dallas, too, didn’t you? | 你还跟着他去了达拉斯 是吧 |
[30:57] | Mr. Fowkes is a good boss, | 福克斯先生是个好老板 |
[30:59] | and we’re loyal to each other. | 我们彼此都很忠诚 |
[31:00] | He’s certainly had a meteoric rise. | 他可真是步步高升 |
[31:03] | And he probably owes some of that to you, doesn’t he, Donna? | 这其中应该不乏你的功劳吧 唐娜 |
[31:07] | Jim Fowkes wasn’t the only one to benefit | 吉姆·福克斯不是佳能-艾博索 |
[31:09] | from the deaths at Canon-Ebersole, was he? | 谋杀案的唯一受益者 |
[31:12] | Do I need to call security? | 要我叫保安来吗 |
[31:13] | By all means. Let’s loop them into the conversation. | 求之不得 让他们也加入我们的谈话 |
[31:19] | No? | 不要吗 |
[31:21] | Didn’t think so. | 我之前可没想到 |
[31:25] | Quite obvious when you look at it in the proper light. | 只要找到切入点 问题就迎刃而解了 |
[31:28] | Every time Jim got promoted, you had something to gain. | 每次吉姆升职 你都会获益 |
[31:30] | Pay raise, stock options. | 涨薪水 获得购股权 |
[31:33] | The company even contributes to your retirement plan now. | 甚至对你的退休金计划也有帮助 |
[31:35] | So? I’ve given them years of my life. | 那又怎样 我可是为他们效忠多年了 |
[31:38] | Must be quite a feeling– | 那种感觉一定不错 |
[31:39] | steering the fate of a giant company | 用点小伎俩就把一间偌大的公司 |
[31:41] | from your tiny little cubicle. | 玩弄于鼓掌之间 |
[31:43] | Get away from me. | 离我远点 |
[31:45] | Question is did your boss know or were you working alone? | 问题是你的老板是否知晓你的行径 |
[31:48] | If you collaborated, it would behoove you to start talking. | 如果你们是合谋的 你最好讲出来 |
[31:51] | First one to tattle gets the shortest sentence. | 坦白从宽 |
[31:54] | I’ve seen executives like you come and go. | 我见过不少像你这样的主管 |
[31:56] | A little bit of smarts, a whole lot of ego. | 有点小聪明 就狂妄自大 |
[31:59] | Take my word, you’ve never seen anyone like me. | 记住我这句话 你绝对没见过我这种人 |
[32:01] | Oh, sure, I have. | 谁说我没见过 |
[32:02] | My bosses use $5,000 suits to get attention. | 我的老板们穿5000块的西装来彰显身份 |
[32:05] | You use a scarf and an old T-shirt. | 而你系着围巾 穿着旧T恤来装象 |
[32:08] | You’re so proud of yourself | 你对于你自认为的发现 |
[32:09] | for what you think you discovered, | 感觉很了不起 |
[32:11] | you just couldn’t wait to tell me. | 就迫不及待地来跟我说 |
[32:12] | Even if it meant following me into an empty parking garage. | 甚至跟随我来到一个空旷的停车场 |
[32:37] | You’re awake. | 你醒了 |
[32:39] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:40] | Yeah, I’ve pursued my fair share of… | 卡普兰小姐 我之前跟踪过 |
[32:42] | killers, Miss Kaplan. | 很多杀人犯 |
[32:44] | Most of them… most of them are dreary people, but you | 他们大多数… 都很无趣 但是你 |
[32:46] | I-I’ve a certain fascination with you, uh… | 我对你的主动性 |
[32:50] | Such initiative. | 和耐心 |
[32:52] | Such patience. | 感到惊奇 |
[32:54] | I don’t think this is gonna work out for you though. | 但我觉得这对你没有好处 |
[32:56] | Too rash. | 太鲁莽了 |
[32:57] | Did you tell anyone about me? | 你跟其他人提过我吗 |
[32:59] | Or did you just rush right down to grandstand? | 或者你就是在故弄玄虚 |
[33:01] | – Oh, I e-mailed several colleagues… – No, you didn’t. | -我给几个同事发了电邮 -不 你没有 |
[33:04] | We’re gonna be at Mr. Fowkes’ | 还有几分钟我们就到 |
[33:06] | country estate in a couple of minutes. | 福克斯先生的郊区别墅了 |
[33:08] | In a week or two, after somebody calls in an anonymous tip, | 一两周之后 警方会接到一个匿名电话 |
[33:12] | the police are going to find | 然后发现 |
[33:13] | your body buried on the property. | 你的尸体被埋在那里 |
[33:16] | And then everyone will know that you were right | 到时所有人都会知道你是对的 |
[33:19] | and that Mr. Fowkes killed you before you could prove it. | 福克斯先生在你找到证据之前杀人灭口 |
[33:22] | You’re gonna frame your boss. | 你要陷害你的老板 |
[33:25] | Daniel Cho is gonna get that promotion. | 丹尼尔·周会接替他的位置 |
[33:27] | I imagine he’ll need an experienced executive secretary | 我想他会需要一个有经验的执行秘书 |
[33:30] | to watch his back as he rises to the top. | 来为他的晋升扫除障碍 |
[33:33] | Hmm, I was wrong about you. | 我看错你了 |
[33:35] | You are smart. | 你很聪明 |
[33:37] | Oh, that’s quite a compliment coming from you. | 你这样说 真让我受宠若惊 |
[33:40] | Canon-Ebersole should make you the managing director. | 佳能-艾博索该让你做总经理的 |
[33:43] | They don’t have the imagination for that kind of move. | 他们可没有那样的远见 |
[33:49] | “Joan.” That’s the woman that you’re always with, right? | 乔恩 就是那个经常和你一起的女人吧 |
[33:52] | That’s the fifth time she texted in the last 20 minutes. | 她在20分钟之内发了五条短信 |
[33:55] | She won’t stop, you know. | 她不会停止的 |
[33:57] | Very high-strung. | 她很敏感 |
[33:59] | I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets the police involved. | 她如果报警 我一点都不会感到惊讶 |
[34:01] | Well, in that case, we should let her know | 既然那样 我们还是让她知道 |
[34:03] | that everything’s okay. | 一切正常 |
[34:08] | I’m a sober companion. | 我是康戒陪护 |
[34:09] | I work with recovering drug addicts. | 我负责陪护正在戒毒的瘾君子 |
[34:11] | Sherlock is my client. | 夏洛克是我的客户 |
[34:12] | His father hired me to help him stay clean. | 他父亲雇我防止他再接触毒品 |
[34:14] | The only reason I am telling you this | 我告诉你这个是因为 |
[34:17] | is because I think he may have relapsed. | 我觉得他复发了 |
[34:18] | I need your help to find him. | 我需要你帮忙找到他 |
[34:20] | What makes you think he relapsed? | 你为什么会这么想 |
[34:22] | The heroin from the crime scene the other day. | 前几天犯罪现场的海洛因 |
[34:25] | It affected him. | 那影响到他了 |
[34:26] | I think it brought some things back. | 我认为那让他的毒瘾回来了 |
[34:32] | It’s Sherlock. | 是夏洛克 |
[34:35] | He says he’s fine, he’s heading back. | 他说他没事 正在往回赶 |
[34:36] | See? There you go. | 看见没 就是这样 |
[34:38] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么好担心的 |
[34:40] | “See you soon.” | “待会儿见” |
[34:44] | No, seriously? | 不 来真的吗 |
[34:45] | You honestly expect me to dig my own grave? | 你真觉得我会给自己挖坟 |
[34:48] | Have you ever been gut-shot? | 你挨过枪子儿吗 |
[34:50] | No. I imagine it makes it difficult to do manual labor. | 没有 不过我觉得那样我更没法干活了 |
[34:53] | Shoot me, yank my fingernails out– the answer’s still no. | 开枪 或者拔我的指甲 回答依然是不 |
[34:56] | I categorically refuse to dig a hole for you | 我坚决拒绝为你挖坑 |
[34:58] | to bury me in, sorry. | 来埋我 抱歉 |
[34:59] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[35:00] | I’ll do it myself. | 我自己来 |
[35:03] | It’s not supposed to be that deep. | 没必要挖多深 |
[35:04] | They’re supposed to find you. | 好让他们能发现你 |
[35:09] | Tell me something. | 跟我说说 |
[35:09] | How did you get started with all this? | 你是怎么开始做这些的 |
[35:12] | You must be very proud of your projects. | 你肯定为你的计划感到很骄傲 |
[35:14] | It must kill you to have to keep it all to yourself, hmm? | 憋在肚子里肯定很难受吧 |
[35:18] | I-I’m about to die, so now’s your chance to share. | 我就要死了 你可以跟我分享一下 |
[35:21] | Good to share, yeah. | 分享有益身心健康 |
[35:24] | Tell me. | 说吧 |
[35:26] | What launched the career of Donna Kaplan, | 唐娜·卡普兰 企业中的反社会者 |
[35:28] | corporate sociopath? | 你的生涯是如何开始的 |
[35:30] | Mr. Fowkes was a bonds salesman back in Denver, | 福克斯先生在丹佛时是债券推销员 |
[35:33] | the company was downsizing. | 公司当时正在裁员 |
[35:35] | They were either going to cut his job… | 他们要么裁掉他… |
[35:39] | What are they doing here? | 他们怎么会过来 |
[35:42] | I’m not really sure. | 不太清楚 |
[35:42] | Bought me some time, though. | 不过给我点时间 |
[35:45] | Did you know I pick locks? | 你知道我会撬锁吗 |
[35:47] | Pockets, too. | 我还会掏包 |
[35:56] | I can’t take a tranquilizer, but if it’s not too much trouble, | 我不能用镇定剂 不过如果不麻烦的话 |
[35:59] | I’d love ten minutes hooked up to your oxygen rig. | 我想用十分钟你们的氧气机 |
[36:05] | I’ll just help myself then. | 那我就不客气了 |
[36:06] | There’s plenty of oxygen out here, you know. | 这外面的氧气很充足 |
[36:10] | Pure stuff’s better. | 纯净的更好 |
[36:11] | It invigorates and restores. | 能让你恢复生机 精力充沛 |
[36:13] | Haven’t you heard? I’ve been through a trauma. | 你听说了么 我受到了创伤 |
[36:18] | That was, uh, very convenient | 当地警方 |
[36:21] | the local police showing up when they did. | 出现得可真是时候 |
[36:24] | Too convenient to be a coincidence. | 这绝对不是个巧合 |
[36:27] | It was the text message that Donna sent | 是唐娜用我的手机 |
[36:29] | from my phone, wasn’t it? | 发的短信 对吧 |
[36:32] | “Everything’s fine. Phone was off. | “一切正常 手机没电了 |
[36:33] | My mistake. See you soon.” That’s it. | 我的错 待会儿见” 就这样 |
[36:35] | No emoticons, no indecipherable acronyms. | 没有表情符号 没有难以破译的缩写 |
[36:39] | It didn’t read like a teenager on a sugar high. | 一点都不像脑残青少年的语气 |
[36:42] | Which meant you didn’t write it. | 也就是说不是你写的 |
[36:44] | I manipulated her into writing it for me. | 我怂恿她写下了这个 |
[36:47] | I knew she’d never be able to duplicate my flair | 我知道她不可能复制我那 |
[36:49] | for our evolving mother tongue. | 使用火星文的天赋 |
[36:52] | I also knew… I-I hoped | 我还知道… 是我希望 |
[36:54] | that once you realized the message wasn’t from me, | 一旦你意识到信息不是我写的 |
[36:57] | you’d know I was in trouble. | 你就会想到我有麻烦了 |
[37:01] | From there, it’s relatively simple for the police | 那之后 对于警察来说 对我的手机 |
[37:02] | to run a cellular interceptor on my phone, | 进行网络拦截 找到我的位置 |
[37:05] | find my location, quick call to the local authorities… | 迅速联系当地警方还是比较简单的 |
[37:07] | I’m sorry, are you trying to take credit | 不好意思 你是想把你的获救 |
[37:09] | for the fact that I saved your life? | 归功于自己吗 |
[37:12] | And so soon after you promoted me to bodyguard. | 就在你把我晋升为你的保镖之后不久 |
[37:15] | It was a collaboration. | 这叫合作 |
[37:18] | Well done, Watson. | 干得不错 华生 |
[37:22] | Your deductive skills are not unworthy of further development. | 你的演绎能力不会没有得到进一步的提升 |
[37:27] | I think that was a compliment, buried in a double negative, | 我觉得那是句葬送在双重否定之下的赞美 |
[37:30] | so… thanks. | 所以 谢谢 |
[37:37] | Look, you should know, | 你要知道 |
[37:39] | I went to Captain Gregson when I couldn’t find you. | 我在找不到你的时候去找了格雷森警监 |
[37:41] | I had to… | 我不得不 |
[37:44] | explain some things to him. | 跟他解释一些事 |
[37:50] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:55] | You might want to have a talk with him. | 你也许得跟他谈谈 |
[38:06] | Come in. | 进来 |
[38:18] | You were busy at Jim Fowkes’ house, | 在吉姆·福克斯的家时 你很忙 |
[38:20] | and I didn’t get a chance to pull you aside. | 我没有机会找你聊聊 |
[38:23] | But I didn’t want to let more time pass without having a word. | 但我不想就这么继续一言不发 |
[38:26] | We have something to talk about? | 咱们需要谈些什么吗 |
[38:31] | There are any number of reasons | 我之所以没有告诉你我的过去 |
[38:33] | why I didn’t tell you about my history. | 其中的原因很复杂 |
[38:35] | Um… I’ve told myself dozens, | 我跟我自己说了一堆 |
[38:41] | all of them specious. | 都是似是而非的 |
[38:47] | In the end, um, it… it is simple. | 最后 其实很简单 |
[38:51] | Uh, I was… I was… I was embarrassed. | 我… 我感到难堪 |
[38:59] | Since we first collaborated, | 从我们第一次合作开始 |
[39:00] | you’ve always held me and my work in a certain esteem. | 你就对我和我的工作持有一定的尊重 |
[39:05] | I guess I’m-I’m… I’m, uh… | 我想 对于这点 |
[39:08] | I’m m-more vain about that than I would care to admit. | 我比我愿意承认得更加自负 |
[39:14] | So, I’m sorry, ’cause you… | 我很抱歉 因为你… |
[39:17] | you deserved to know. | 你理应知道 |
[39:19] | I did know. | 我知道 |
[39:21] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[39:23] | Do you honestly think I’d let you consult | 你真以为我会不作任何功课 |
[39:25] | for the NYPD without doing my homework? | 就让你担任纽约警局的顾问吗 |
[39:30] | You told me Joan was your personal valet. | 你告诉我乔恩是你的贴身仆人 |
[39:32] | Do you think I’m an idiot? | 你觉得我是个傻瓜吗 |
[39:35] | No. | 不 |
[39:37] | You are above average in intelligence. | 你的智商在平均水平以上 |
[39:39] | And for a policeman, I would say, top tier. | 对于一名警察来说 是顶尖的 |
[39:43] | I’ve known about your problem for a while now. | 我知道你的问题有一阵子了 |
[39:45] | Why didn’t you say anything? | 你怎么都不说 |
[39:47] | I did, sort of. | 我算是 说过吧 |
[39:50] | A while back, I asked you out for a drink. | 前阵子我邀请你出去喝酒 |
[39:52] | You said, “No” | 你拒绝了 |
[39:54] | I figured you’d talk about it | 我想当你准备好了 |
[39:56] | when you were ready to talk about it. | 你就会说出来的 |
[39:59] | Was I happy that you didn’t tell me? | 你不告诉我 我会高兴吗 |
[40:01] | No. | 不 |
[40:08] | But your work hasn’t slipped one bit since Scotland Yard. | 不过自从苏格兰场以来 你从未失误过 |
[40:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:20] | Well, not everyone is gonna see it my way, so, | 不是每个人都会像我这样想 所以 |
[40:24] | I’m gonna do us both a favor | 我会帮我们俩一个忙 |
[40:26] | and keep a lid on this. | 保守这个秘密 |
[40:54] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[40:56] | What is? | 什么 |
[40:58] | It’s just that green card marriage guy. | 那个为了绿卡结婚的人 |
[41:00] | Emily’s having this dinner party thing next week, | 艾米丽下周要办一个派对 |
[41:02] | and we talked about maybe going together, | 我们说好了要一起去 |
[41:05] | and I think now he’s blowing me off. | 现在他居然爽约 |
[41:09] | But you know what the irony is? | 你知道讽刺的是什么吗 |
[41:10] | I don’t even want to be in a relationship right now. I… | 我现在一点都不想谈恋爱 |
[41:13] | It’s just that Emily went to so much trouble. | 只是艾米丽经历了这么多麻烦 |
[41:16] | Yet his apparent mutual disinterest irks you. | 但他那明显的冷漠还是激怒了你 |
[41:20] | It’s crazy, I know. | 这很疯狂 我知道 |
[41:23] | If I had to guess, and by sitting there talking about it– | 你逼我的 如果非要猜的话 |
[41:25] | you’re forcing me to– I would say | 通过你坐在那说的这番话 我觉得 |
[41:28] | he finds your analytical skills intimidating. | 是因为他发现你的分析能力太吓人了 |
[41:30] | He was a little weirded out | 当我告诉他我在网上 |
[41:31] | when I told him I looked him up online, | 调查他的时候 他感到不太自在 |
[41:32] | but he lied about being married, | 但是他在结婚的问题上说了谎 |
[41:35] | so we are square, right? | 所以我们两清了 对吧 |
[41:36] | He might not see it that way. Doesn’t, apparently. | 他大概不会那么想 明显不是的 |
[41:42] | It has its costs. | 这是有代价的 |
[41:44] | What does? | 什么 |
[41:46] | Learning to see the puzzle in everything. | 学会去看透一切的谜题 |
[41:49] | They’re everywhere. | 它们无处不在 |
[41:51] | Once you start looking, it’s impossible to stop. | 一旦你开始寻找 就不可能停下了 |
[41:56] | It just so happens that people, | 凑巧的是 人们 |
[42:00] | and all the deceits and delusions that inform everything they do, | 以及可以体现他们所作所为的谎言和错觉 |
[42:04] | tend to be the most fascinating puzzles of all. | 是最引人入胜的谜题 |
[42:08] | Of course, | 当然 |
[42:10] | they don’t always appreciate being seen as such. | 人们通常不喜欢这样被别人分析 |
[42:15] | Seems like a lonely way to live. | 听起来是种孤独的生活方式 |
[42:19] | As I said, it has its costs. | 就像我说的 这是有代价的 |