时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I have been sober for 2 years, 7 months, and 13 days now. | 我已经2年7个月13天沒碰毒品了 |
[00:07] | I could… give you how many hours in seconds, | 我可以把单位换算成秒 |
[00:09] | but then you might think I’m obsessive. | 但这样一来你们可能会觉得我有强迫症 |
[00:12] | I guess I just want to say… | 我想说的只有 |
[00:15] | thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[00:16] | Uh, without these meetings, | 如果没有这些交流会 |
[00:17] | without the support of people like you, | 没有你们这些人的支持 |
[00:20] | I just don’t know where I’d be. | 难以想象我现在会怎样 |
[00:27] | Thanks, Eric. | 谢谢 埃里克 |
[00:31] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[00:32] | All right, we’re gonna wrap things up now. | 好 现在我们来总结一下 |
[00:35] | Uh, tomorrow’s meeting… | 明天的交流会 |
[00:36] | – Sherlock… – Amygdala! | -夏洛克 -杏仁核 |
[00:42] | Oh, 6 o’clock. | 6点了 |
[00:45] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[00:49] | What do you mean you put yourself in a trance? | 你说你让自己进入恍惚状态是什么意思 |
[00:51] | Hypnotize myself. | 是自我催眠 |
[00:53] | Simple, really. | 其实挺简单的 |
[00:54] | The key is word repetition. | 关键在于重复同一个词 |
[00:56] | My word, as you may have guessed, is “Amygdala.” | 你可能已经猜到了 我的词就是杏仁核 |
[00:59] | So you hypnotized yourself | 所以说你在第一次互助会上 |
[01:01] | at your first group support meeting? | 就开始自我催眠了是吗 |
[01:03] | Couldn’t listen to all those sob stories, now, could I? | 实在听不进去那些伤心的故事 |
[01:05] | That’s the whole point. | 这才是意义所在 |
[01:07] | And, you know, when you feel comfortable, you can share. | 如果你愿意 也可以分享你的故事 |
[01:09] | You’ve lived with me a week now, Watson. | 你都跟我住一个礼拜了 华生 |
[01:10] | You know I don’t share. | 你知道我从不与人分享 |
[01:12] | Well, then why can’t you listen? | 好吧 那为什么听都听不进去 |
[01:14] | Attic Theory. | 阁楼理论 |
[01:16] | I’ve always believed the human brain is like… an attic. | 我一直认为人的大脑就像 一间阁楼 |
[01:19] | A storage space for facts. | 一个储存事情的地方 |
[01:21] | But because that space is finite, | 但是由于这里空间有限 |
[01:23] | it must be filled only with the things | 所以它只能用来 |
[01:24] | one needs to be the best version of oneself. | 存放对我们最有用的东西 |
[01:27] | It’s important, therefore, not to have useless facts. | 所以 就不能在里面存放无用的事情 |
[01:29] | The natterings that comprise a typical support group meeting, | 比如 净是瞎扯淡的互助会 |
[01:32] | for example, crowding out useful ones. | 它们会把有用的东西挤出去 |
[01:35] | Just… | 就好比 |
[01:36] | Can I borrow this? | 能借用一下吗 |
[01:37] | – Hey, what are you doing? – He’s nuts. | -你想干嘛 -神经病 |
[01:40] | Your brain. | 这就好比你的大脑 |
[01:43] | Useful facts. | 这是有用的事情 |
[01:46] | Useful, viscous, golden. | 有用的 粘滞的 金色的 |
[01:50] | Natterings. | 这就好比无用的闲扯 |
[02:00] | That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最愚蠢的事情 |
[02:03] | That is not even how the brain works… | 这根本不是大脑的运作方式 |
[02:04] | It’s how my brain works. | 我的大脑就是这样的 |
[02:07] | Okay, more natterings: | 好吧 再闲扯两句 |
[02:08] | I am going to a dinner tonight with a friend, | 我今晚要去见个朋友 |
[02:10] | but I will be back before 10:00, | 但是我会在10点之前赶回来 |
[02:12] | so I’ll be there at 8:00… | 所以我8点要到那 |
[02:12] | Two whole hours by my lonesome? | 给我两个小时独自行动 |
[02:14] | Aren’t you worried I’ll go on some sort of binge? | 你就不怕我放纵自己吗 |
[02:17] | Well, brief stretches apart are actually a natur… | 偶尔的短暂分离实际上是 |
[02:19] | A natural progression in our companionship. | 我们陪护关系的正常步骤 |
[02:21] | Yes, you mentioned. | 你说过了 |
[02:23] | But just to be safe, | 但是 保险起见 |
[02:24] | I will be giving you a drug test when I get home. | 我回来之后会对你做一次药检 |
[02:31] | Captain Gregson… | 格雷森警监 |
[02:33] | How may I be of assistance? | 我能帮上什么忙吗 |
[02:36] | Name’s Casey McManus. | 死者名叫凯西·麦克马纳斯 |
[02:37] | Walked through his front door tonight | 今晚刚进家门 |
[02:38] | and took one right between the eyes. | 眉心就正中一枪 |
[02:40] | Cousin’s on the job. | 我的弟兄在当班 |
[02:42] | Patrolman assigned to the 116 in Queens. | 他被派到皇后区116号巡逻了 |
[02:45] | That’s why I called you. | 所以我打给了你 |
[02:46] | Gotta have my best guys on this. | 我需要最优秀的人手来调查 |
[02:50] | You said on the phone he walked in on a burglar. | 你电话里说他遇到了窃贼 |
[02:52] | He did. His watch and wallet are gone. | 的确是 他的手表和钱包都不见了 |
[02:54] | The drawers were tossed, too. | 抽屉也都被拉开了 |
[02:56] | The victim probably startled the perp | 受害人也许是在进门的时候 |
[02:57] | when he came in from the hall. | 吓到了嫌疑人 |
[02:59] | Holmes, Ms. Watson, | 福尔摩斯 华生女士 |
[03:00] | meet Detective Bell– | 这位是贝尔警探 |
[03:01] | another one of my best guys. | 我的得意部下之一 |
[03:02] | He’s running point on the case. | 他正在分析案情 |
[03:04] | You’re the consultant, right? | 你是顾问 对吧 |
[03:07] | I heard good things. | 听说你很厉害 |
[03:08] | Yeah, of course you did. Who’s he? | 那当然 他是谁 |
[03:12] | Neighbor from across the hall. | 住在对面的邻居 |
[03:13] | He’s the one who saw the body and called 911. | 就是他发现尸体并报警的 |
[03:16] | Captain. | 警监 |
[03:19] | I’m gonna wait in the hall. | 我在走廊里等着 |
[03:20] | Why must you continue to act | 你为什么总是表现得 |
[03:21] | like you’ve never seen a dead body before? | 像从来没见过死人似的 |
[03:23] | You were a surgeon. You went to medical school. | 你是外科医生 上过医学院 |
[03:25] | Surely, you worked on cadavers. | 肯定处理过尸体 |
[03:27] | Right. Because that’s exactly the same thing. | 对 所以我觉得毫无新意 |
[03:55] | Detective Bell! | 贝尔警探 |
[03:58] | You would classify this as a robbery-homicide, would you not? | 你把这案子归为抢劫杀人 对吧 |
[04:02] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[04:03] | You would be wrong. | 那你就错了 |
[04:04] | This was a robbery & a homicide. | 这案子是抢劫加杀人 |
[04:06] | Ampersand, not dash. | 二者是独立的 |
[04:07] | There were two separate crimes committed | 这里有两名罪犯 |
[04:08] | by two separate perpetrators. | 犯下了两宗案件 |
[04:11] | The trajectory of the bullet | 杀死麦克马纳斯先生的子弹 |
[04:12] | that killed Mr. McManus traces back to this chair. | 是在这把椅子上射出的 |
[04:16] | The killer was seated when she pulled the trigger. | 那个女人开枪时是坐在这把椅子上的 |
[04:18] | She? | 女人 |
[04:19] | I can smell “T-Blossom” brand deodorant on the leather. | 我能从皮革上闻到波拉松牌体香剂的味道 |
[04:22] | It’s lady’s deodorant. | 那是女士体香剂 |
[04:24] | A woman sat here quite recently. | 有个女人不久前曾坐在这 |
[04:26] | None of your people, of course. | 当然不会是你的手下 |
[04:28] | This is an active crime scene, | 这里是犯罪现场 |
[04:29] | and knowing you, captain, they know better. | 你清楚这一点 他们更清楚 |
[04:31] | That leaves the shooter. | 这样一来就只可能是凶手 |
[04:35] | Go on. | 接着说 |
[04:36] | The second crime, the robbery, was committed by a man. | 第二起犯罪 抢劫 是一个男人干的 |
[04:41] | A very strong man judging by | 从他带走的东西来看 |
[04:42] | the items he removed from the apartment. | 他是一个很健壮的男人 |
[04:44] | How strong does a guy have to be to steal a wallet and a watch? | 偷个钱包和手表需要多健壮 |
[04:48] | You’re forgetting the armoire. | 你忽略了衣柜 |
[04:51] | Dust patterns on the wall and the floor | 墙上和地上的灰尘痕迹 |
[04:53] | tell us it stood here, | 表明这里曾有个衣柜 |
[04:54] | as do these scratches on the floor. | 地板上的划痕也证明了这一点 |
[04:57] | You’re nuts. | 你在胡扯 |
[04:59] | Actually, he’s not. | 非也 非也 |
[05:05] | It was a very heavy piece of furniture, that. | 这是一件非常重的家具 |
[05:07] | And this building has no elevator. | 而且这栋楼没有电梯 |
[05:09] | Are we to suppose that the thief got it down | 你们觉得窃贼能赶在警察到来之前 |
[05:10] | six flights of stairs before the police arrived? | 把它搬下六层楼吗 |
[05:13] | Of course not. | 当然不行 |
[05:15] | Yet the scratches on the floor tell us | 地上的划痕也表明 |
[05:17] | it was dragged into the tiled hallway. | 衣柜被拖到了走廊里 |
[05:21] | Makes me think it never left this floor. | 因此我觉得它还在这层楼里 |
[05:24] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[05:26] | Yeah, thought so. | 没错 我都料到了 |
[05:30] | Across the hall you said? | 你刚才说他住在对面是吧 |
[05:30] | You, you can’t go in there. You need a warrant. | 你不能进去 你没有搜查证 |
[05:32] | Bureaucracy. One of the many reasons I’m not a policeman. | 官僚主义 这就是我不当警察的原因之一 |
[05:36] | Holmes, halt. | 福尔摩斯 住手 |
[05:42] | Thief. | 窃贼找到了 |
[05:44] | Now all you need is your killer. | 现在你只需要找出凶手了 |
[06:23] | Casey was already dead when I found him. | 我发现凯西的时候 他已经死了 |
[06:26] | I know I should’ve called the cops first, | 我知道我应该先报警的 |
[06:27] | but things have been so bad for me lately. | 但是最近我过得太不顺了 |
[06:30] | You know, I just… freakin’ economy, I… | 你知道的 经济这么糟糕 我 |
[06:34] | And that armoire was an antique. | 那个衣柜是件古董 |
[06:36] | It’s worth two grand at least. | 至少值两千 |
[06:37] | But I, I never laid a finger on him. | 但我绝对没有动过他一根汗毛 |
[06:42] | No, you didn’t. | 是的 你没有 |
[06:45] | You put a bullet in his brain. | 但你打爆了他的头 |
[06:48] | Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! | 错 错 错 大错特错 |
[06:50] | What’s wrong? | 怎么错了 |
[06:52] | I’m sorry, I don’t think | 对不起 我想 |
[06:53] | I could’ve been much clearer earlier. | 我已经说得够明白了 |
[06:54] | There were two crimes, two perpetrators. | 有两宗案件 两个犯人 |
[06:56] | This guy had all of the victim’s stuff. | 受害人被盗的东西都在他那 |
[06:58] | But no gun. Not anywhere in his apartment. | 但没有枪 在他的公寓里没找到枪 |
[07:01] | I suspect the GSR test your people performed | 我认为射击残留物鉴定会证明 |
[07:03] | will show that he hasn’t fired one of late. | 他近期没有开过枪 |
[07:05] | Also, he isn’t wearing any deodorant, | 再说 他也没喷体香剂 |
[07:07] | let alone Lady’s “T-Blossom.” | 更不用说女士用的波拉松牌了 |
[07:08] | Or hadn’t you noticed? | 难道你没发现吗 |
[07:09] | You’re the only one who could smell anything on that chair. | 椅子上的气味只有你得闻出来 |
[07:12] | The chair, right…I’m glad you brought that up. | 对了 那个椅子 多谢提醒 |
[07:14] | If, per Detective Bell’s theory, | 如果按照贝尔警探的理论 |
[07:16] | the burglar was startled by the victim’s unexpected return, | 窃贼看到受害者突然回来 吓了一跳 |
[07:18] | why was he sitting down? | 那他为什么要坐下来 |
[07:20] | It’s a curious time to take a load off, no? | 那是该放松的时间吗 显然不是 |
[07:22] | You know what, Sherlock? | 夏洛克 你要知道 |
[07:22] | Hey, do you mind getting me a bag of chips? | 去帮我买包薯条好吗 |
[07:25] | I think there’s a vending machine around the corner. | 角落里有台自动贩售机 |
[07:33] | He wasn’t asked to consult here | 他当初没被请来当顾问 |
[07:34] | because of his charming personality. | 就是因为他独特的人格魅力 |
[07:38] | Was he always like this? | 他一直都这样吗 |
[07:40] | I mean, back when you knew him in Scotland Yard? | 我的意思是 你在苏格兰场认识他的时候 |
[07:42] | He was a pain in the ass. | 他就是个刺头 |
[07:44] | But he was also very, very good. | 但是 他也非常非常厉害 |
[07:49] | He said when he introduced you last week | 上周他介绍你的时候 |
[07:50] | that you were his, “Personal valet”? | 说你是他的”贴身仆人” |
[07:54] | That’s sort of like a butler, right? | 像是管家之类的 对吧 |
[07:57] | You must’ve been really happy | 知道他搬来纽约的时候 |
[07:58] | when he relocated here in New York. | 你一定非常开心吧 |
[08:01] | Actually, he reached out to me | 事实上 他在离开伦敦的 |
[08:02] | before he left London two weeks ago. | 两周前就联系我了 |
[08:05] | He called you from London? | 他在伦敦打给你 |
[08:07] | Yeah. Said he was calling from Heathrow. Why? | 是的 他说他在希思罗机场 怎么了 |
[08:14] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[08:22] | Neighbor just won’t cop to the shooting. | 那个邻居不承认是他开的枪 |
[08:24] | Says he wants a lawyer. | 他说他要找律师 |
[08:25] | Smart man. | 聪明 |
[08:26] | He didn’t kill anyone. He should get a lawyer. | 他没杀人 他应该有个律师 |
[08:28] | He’s also saying that he passed a “Strange woman” | 他还说 在发现受害者的尸体之前 |
[08:30] | on the stairwell right before he found the victim’s body. | 他在楼梯间碰到了一个奇怪的女人 |
[08:33] | Excellent! Did he get a good look at her? | 太棒了 他有没有看清楚 |
[08:34] | Yeah, he can describe her to a T. | 是的 他可以对画像师描述她的样子 |
[08:36] | Probably because she’s a product of his freakin’ imagination. | 或许那只是他胡思乱想的产物 |
[08:39] | Obviously, he heard Harry Potter here | 显然 他是在现场听到 |
[08:42] | say something about a female shooter back at the scene, | 哈利·波特[指福尔摩斯]说凶手是女性 |
[08:44] | and now he’s trying to serve us one on a platter. | 然后试图转移我们的视线 |
[08:47] | You need to sit him with a sketch artist. | 你该让他见见画像师 |
[08:48] | – Circulate an image of this woman ASAP. – I’m sorry. | -尽快画出那个女人的肖像 -抱歉 |
[08:50] | I got to ask who’s running this investigation? | 我想问下 到底是谁在调查这个案子 |
[08:51] | You indicated this case was important to the morale of your men. | 你曾表示这桩案子对你们的士气很重要 |
[08:53] | I think this guy’s gonna have us chasing | 这个家伙想让我们去追踪一个 |
[08:53] | You really want to run the risk of | 你真的要冒着 |
[08:54] | some fictional shooter. | 根本不存在的凶手 |
[08:54] | pinning the murder on the wrong person? | 抓错凶手的危险吗 |
[08:56] | Call down to headquarters and get me a sketch artist. | 给总部打电话 派个画像师过来 |
[08:58] | – But, Captain… – If he’s wrong, | -但是 警监 -如果他错了 |
[09:00] | he’s wrong, but I want to know he’s wrong. | 他就是错了 但是得让他服气 |
[09:12] | That was impressive earlier, | 你之前干得不错嘛 |
[09:13] | noticing the photograph of the armoire at the victim’s house. | 在受害者的家里发现衣柜的照片 |
[09:16] | I didn’t need it to prove my point, | 虽然我并不需要它来证明我的观点 |
[09:17] | of course, but it helped. | 但是当然了 那也有点用 |
[09:19] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[09:21] | I’ve got to go meet my friend soon. | 我马上就要去见朋友了 |
[09:23] | You’re going to be okay getting home by yourself? | 你自己回家没问题吧 |
[09:28] | This, uh, friend that you’re meeting… | 这个你即将要见的朋友 |
[09:30] | when was the last time you slept with him? | 你最近一次和他上床是什么时候 |
[09:33] | It’s quite obvious it’s a he and an ex-lover. | 显然 他是个男人 还是你的前男友 |
[09:36] | You go out of your way to avoid gender | 每次你谈到他 |
[09:37] | every time you talk about him | 都故意隐去性别 |
[09:38] | and you avert your gaze every time you say “Friend.” | 而每当你提到”朋友”时 眼神都在闪躲 |
[09:41] | As to how I know it’s not a current lover, | 至于我为什么知道他不是你现任男友 |
[09:43] | your walk speaks volumes. | 是因为你的步态 |
[09:44] | My walk? | 我的步态 |
[09:45] | Study in Belgium showed | 比利时的一项研究表明 |
[09:47] | that a woman’s recent orgasmic history | 一个女人近期的性高潮史 |
[09:48] | can be discerned from her gait. | 可以通过她的步态看出来 |
[09:50] | Yours would indicate it’s been a while. | 看起来你已经有段时间没有过了 |
[09:55] | Is it sad being wrong as often | 如果你说错和说对的几率一样 |
[09:57] | as you are right? | 会不会很糟糕 |
[09:57] | My advice, sleep with him. | 我的建议是 和他上床 |
[09:59] | Do wonders for your mood. | 对你的情绪有好处 |
[10:07] | – Ty, hey, sorry I’m late. – Oh, please. | -泰 对不起我来晚了 -不要紧 |
[10:09] | I’m the one who should be apologizing. | 该道歉的是我 |
[10:11] | I’m the one who had to reschedule twice. | 我改了两次时间 |
[10:13] | That’s true. | 那倒是 |
[10:14] | DA’s keeping you busy? | 地方检察官让你忙不过来吧 |
[10:15] | If I don’t keep winning cases for him, | 如果不一直帮他打赢官司 |
[10:17] | how will I ever take his job? | 我将来怎么能接他的班呢 |
[10:20] | How about you? | 你怎么样 |
[10:21] | You…just started with a client last week, right? | 上个礼拜接了个新客户 对吧 |
[10:24] | How’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[10:25] | Good, fine, great. | 不错 很好 挺棒的 |
[10:27] | So, what is she…a, | 那她是一个 |
[10:29] | alcoholic, addict, both? | 酗酒者 瘾君子 还是两者都是 |
[10:32] | You know I don’t talk about my clients, right? | 你知道的 我不谈论我的客户 |
[10:34] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:35] | I know we’re not together anymore, | 我知道我们已经分手了 |
[10:38] | but I still worry about you. | 但我还是担心你 |
[10:40] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[10:42] | The thing is, I’m not the only one who’s worried. | 问题是 我不是唯一担心你的人 |
[10:46] | Oh, my God, my parents…tell me | 老天 我的父母吗 不要告诉我 |
[10:48] | they didn’t reach out to you. | 他们联系你了 |
[10:49] | They said you’re not returning their calls. | 他们说你不回电话 |
[10:51] | Yeah, well, I don’t need a lecture | 是的 我总不能每次和他们讲话 |
[10:52] | every time I speak to them, so I… | 都长篇大论吧 所以我 |
[10:53] | They’re confused, Joan. | 乔恩 他们很困惑 |
[10:54] | You used to be a surgeon. | 你原来是名外科医生 |
[10:56] | Now you babysit drug addicts. | 现在却成了瘾君子的保姆 |
[10:57] | I know how much it hurt when you lost that patient, | 我知道那个病人的死让你很痛苦 |
[11:01] | but if you’re doing all this as some kind of penance… | 但如果你做这些是为了忏悔的话 |
[11:02] | I am doing this because I’m actually good at it. | 我做这些是因为那是我的强项 |
[11:07] | I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. | 我不明白这为什么让人如此费解 |
[11:20] | Hey, I made coffee. | 我煮了咖啡 |
[11:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:27] | It’ll be right here when you’re ready. | 想喝就过来拿 |
[11:38] | Didn’t take my advice, I see. | 看来你没听我的建议 |
[11:40] | Didn’t sleep with your ex. | 没有和你的前男友上床 |
[11:43] | What are you working on? | 你在做什么 |
[11:44] | Casey McManus’ preliminary autopsy report | 刚拿到的 凯西·麦克马纳斯的 |
[11:47] | came in a little while ago. | 初步验尸报告 |
[11:48] | Just going through some of the particulars. | 我在查看一些细节 |
[11:50] | I thought there was only one particular… | 我想仅有一处是特别的 |
[11:51] | the, uh, gunshot wound to the head. | 就是头上的枪伤 |
[11:53] | Victim also suffered from endothelial corneal dystrophy. | 受害者还患有角膜内皮营养不良 |
[11:58] | Oh, that’s a gray clouding of the cornea. | 角膜有灰色的云状纹理 |
[12:00] | That’s a genetic disorder. | 这是遗传疾病 |
[12:02] | But how is that relevant? | 但这与案子有什么关系 |
[12:03] | How is it not? | 怎么会没有关系 |
[12:08] | Can we talk about Captain Gregson? | 我们能谈谈格雷森警监吗 |
[12:12] | He’s married, I’m afraid, quite happily. | 很遗憾 他结婚了 婚姻还挺幸福 |
[12:15] | You’re funny. | 你真幽默 |
[12:16] | I was talking to him the other night, | 那天晚上我和他谈过 |
[12:18] | and I wanted to know why you didn’t tell him | 我想知道为什么你没告诉他 |
[12:21] | where you were the last six months. | 过去的六个月你在哪 |
[12:22] | He said you called him from Heathrow ten days ago | 他说你十天前在希思罗机场打给他 |
[12:25] | when I know for a fact | 而据我所知 其实 |
[12:26] | that you were in rehab still in New York. | 当时你还在纽约的康戒所里 |
[12:28] | You’re a highly decorated New York City Police captain. | 如果你是具有崇高荣誉感的纽约警监 |
[12:30] | Would you allow a recovering drug addict | 你会让一个刚戒毒的人 |
[12:31] | – access to sensitive cases? – I’m not saying that… | -插手敏感的案件吗 -我不是想说这个 |
[12:33] | I can help him, but only if he lets me. | 我能帮助他 但前提是得到他的允许 |
[12:35] | – Okay, you’re not under… – Telling him would be | -好了 你没明… -你把这些告诉他 |
[12:36] | a violation of our client-companion privilege. | 违背了我们的客户陪护协议 |
[12:38] | I could sue. | 我可以起诉你 |
[12:41] | I am not going to tell him anything, obviously. | 我肯定什么都不会跟他说 |
[12:44] | I just think it’s sad that you can’t be honest | 我只是觉得你都不能对一个 |
[12:46] | with a man who, as far as I can tell, | 在我看来和你最接近朋友的人说实话 |
[12:47] | is the closest thing you have to a friend. | 这真是一种悲哀 |
[12:49] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[12:53] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[12:54] | Yeah, it’s Bell. | 我是贝尔 |
[12:55] | The captain gave me your number. | 是警监把你的号码给我的 |
[12:57] | Look, I can’t believe I’m saying this, | 我自己都不敢相信 |
[12:59] | but I found the woman from the sketch | 我居然找到了昨晚 |
[13:00] | that was generated last night. | 画像中的那名女子 |
[13:02] | The one the neighbor saw leaving Casey McManus’ apartment? | 就是邻居在麦克马纳斯的公寓看到的那个 |
[13:05] | Yeah, look, how fast can you get | 没错 但是你得尽快来一趟 |
[13:07] | to St. Isidora Hospital on East 93rd? | 东街93号的圣·伊西多拉医院 |
[13:13] | I assume you already got one of these? | 我想你已经拿到一张这个了 |
[13:15] | Yeah, dark hair, mid-30s, approximately 5’4″. | 是的 深色头发 30多岁 身高约5尺4 |
[13:18] | Captain Gregson e-mailed me. | 格雷森警监发邮件给我了 |
[13:19] | – Where is she? – I’m getting to that. | -她在哪 -我正要过去 |
[13:21] | First I’m gonna tell you how I got here. | 先说说我是怎么找到这的 |
[13:23] | I was about to put the sketch out wide last night | 昨晚我正要把画像张贴出去时 |
[13:24] | when one of my old uni buddies said | 我的一个老同事说 |
[13:26] | Sketch Girl looked familiar. | 画像里的女子有点熟悉 |
[13:28] | Well, he gave me a name, | 然后 他把名字告诉了我 |
[13:29] | and the name got me to a photograph. | 我通过名字找到了这张照片 |
[13:31] | Yvette Ellison– dark hair, | 伊薇特·埃里森 深色头发 |
[13:33] | mid-30s. | 30多岁 |
[13:35] | I slipped her picture into a photo array for the neighbor, | 我将一堆照片拿给那个邻居辨认 |
[13:38] | and he picked it out… right away. | 他一下就把她的照片认了出来 |
[13:39] | He said, and I quote, “There was no doubt about it.” | 他的原话是 “绝对没错” |
[13:42] | This was the girl he saw on the stairs last night. | 那就是昨晚他在楼梯见到的女人 |
[13:46] | Are you going to make me guess where she is, Detective, | 警探 你怎么还不带我去见她 |
[13:47] | or are you going to show me? | 难道你想让我猜猜她在哪吗 |
[13:49] | I’m gonna show you. | 跟我来吧 |
[13:51] | Mr. Holmes, Ms. Watson, | 福尔摩斯先生 华生小姐 |
[13:55] | meet Yvette Ellison. | 这位就是伊薇特·埃里森 |
[13:56] | She tried to kill herself three days ago. | 她在三天前企图自杀 |
[13:59] | Chased a vial of sleeping pills with a bottle of vodka. | 她就着伏特加吃了一瓶安眠药 |
[14:01] | My buddy was on the scene when the paramedics took her away, | 医护人员将她带走时 我朋友就在现场 |
[14:04] | which is why he recognized her. | 所以他认得她 |
[14:05] | She’s been in a coma ever since. | 之后她就一直昏迷不醒 |
[14:08] | Three days ago? | 三天前 |
[14:09] | Yeah, the neighbor lied. | 没错 那个邻居说了谎 |
[14:11] | Made up a description and then ID’d | 他胡乱描述一通 却指向了 |
[14:13] | one of the only people in the city we know | 整个城市中唯一一个不可能 |
[14:15] | couldn’t have killed Casey McManus last night, | 杀害凯西·麦克马纳斯的人 |
[14:18] | so thanks for the, uh, consultation, | 谢谢你的宝贵意见 |
[14:22] | but I think I’ll take it from here. | 接下来还是交给我吧 |
[14:31] | So Detective Bell was right. | 看来贝尔警探是对的 |
[14:32] | Is it such a big…? | 这就是个天大的… |
[14:36] | Yvette! | 伊薇特 |
[14:37] | What is wrong with you? | 你发什么疯啊 |
[14:38] | Closed eyes do not necessarily a coma make. | 闭上眼睛不代表就是昏迷 |
[14:41] | You think she’s faking? | 你觉得她是假装的 |
[14:44] | It’s T-Blossom deodorant– | 是波拉松的体香剂 |
[14:45] | the same as in the crime scene. | 同案发现场的一样 |
[14:48] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[14:49] | Looking for a syringe. | 找注射器 |
[14:51] | What for? | 找它干嘛 |
[14:52] | I’m going to stab it | 我要把它扎进 |
[14:53] | into the softest part of Ms. Ellison’s thigh. | 埃里森小姐大腿最柔软的部位 |
[14:55] | Lots of nerve endings there– | 那里神经末梢很多 |
[14:56] | no one can fake their way through that. | 没人忍得住那种疼 |
[15:00] | If you wanted to know if she was really in a coma, | 如果你想知道她是不是真的昏迷 |
[15:02] | all you had to do was ask. | 请教我不就行了 |
[15:08] | That’s okay, but I can’t stab her in the thigh? | 是可以 但我还是想扎她的大腿 |
[15:10] | It’s a test for pseudocoma. | 这是假性昏迷测试 |
[15:12] | When the patient’s hand is released | 将病人的手放在脸的上方 |
[15:13] | directly above the face, | 然后松开 |
[15:14] | it should strike the face on the way down. | 她的手就会在下落时打到自己的脸 |
[15:18] | Easy to fake. | 这个很好伪装 |
[15:19] | Yeah, well, | 是的 不过 |
[15:21] | respiration and pupillary response aren’t, | 呼吸和瞳孔的反应伪装不了 |
[15:23] | and hers are consistent with a patient in a comatose state. | 她的反应与处于昏迷状态的病人相吻合 |
[15:27] | Her coma is real. | 她是真的昏迷 |
[15:28] | She didn’t kill that man last night. | 她昨晚没有杀人 |
[15:32] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[15:33] | Your patient? | 这是你的病人 |
[15:35] | She is. | 是啊 |
[15:37] | Her coma is quite real. | 她的昏迷一点不假 |
[15:47] | That was a dead end. | 我们遇到瓶颈了 |
[15:49] | Actually it wasn’t. | 其实不然 |
[15:50] | Detective Bell found the right face, | 贝尔警探只是找到了那张脸 |
[15:52] | but the wrong girl. | 却没有找到那个人 |
[15:55] | There was a book on Yvette’s nightstand. | 伊薇特的床脚桌上有一本书 |
[15:57] | Obviously someone’s been reading it to her. | 很明显是有人在给她读 |
[15:58] | The inscription on the inside cover said, | 书的扉页写着一句赠语 |
[16:00] | “To Yvette and Rebecca on your fifth birthday.” | 祝伊薇特和瑞贝卡五岁生日快乐 |
[16:03] | “Your fifth birthday,” As in the birthday you both share. | 就是说她们的生日是同一天 |
[16:08] | Yvette has a twin. | 伊薇特有个双胞胎姐妹 |
[16:10] | Yvette and Rebecca Ellison were the only children | 伊薇特和瑞贝卡是查尔斯·埃里森的孩子 |
[16:12] | of Charles Ellison, who died several months ago. | 不过他几个月前去世了 |
[16:14] | Charles Ellison– why does that name sound familiar? | 查尔斯·埃里森 怎么这么熟悉呢 |
[16:17] | Shipping magnate, multimillionaire. | 航运大亨 百万富翁 |
[16:19] | Two parks and a school named after him. | 有两座公园和一所学校是以他命名的 |
[16:21] | According to this, Rebecca has run | 据了解 瑞贝卡多年来 |
[16:22] | the family’s charitable trust for years. | 负责家族的公益信托工作 |
[16:27] | So you think Casey McManus’ neighbor | 所以你认为凯西·麦克马纳斯的邻居 |
[16:29] | didn’t see Yvette last night, but her sister? | 昨晚看到的是伊薇特的姐妹 |
[16:32] | I daresay you’re getting the hang | 华生 我敢说你快领悟到 |
[16:33] | of deductive reasoning, Watson. | 演绎法的真谛了 |
[16:36] | Excuse me, | 打扰一下 |
[16:38] | could you point us in the direction of Rebecca Ellison? | 我们想找瑞贝卡·埃里森 |
[16:42] | I’m Rebecca Ellison. | 我就是 |
[16:44] | Uh, she has dark hair, brown eyes, freckles. | 是深色头发 褐色眼睛 长着雀斑那个 |
[16:48] | I’m sorry. I think you might be confusing me | 抱歉 我想你把我和我姐妹 |
[16:50] | with my sister Yvette. | 伊薇特搞混了 |
[16:53] | We’re fraternal twins, not identical. | 我们是异卵双胞胎 |
[16:56] | She’s, um, she’s not well right now. | 她现在不太好 |
[16:58] | She’s in the hospital. | 她在住院呢 |
[16:59] | Is there something I can help you with? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[17:01] | We’re good. Thanks. | 没事了 谢谢 |
[17:12] | Having fun? | 有意思吗 |
[17:14] | Can’t you tell? | 你看不出来吗 |
[17:17] | You’re still thinking about the case. | 还在想那件案子吧 |
[17:19] | Obviously Yvette Ellison didn’t kill Casey McManus, | 显然伊薇特·埃里森没有杀害麦克马纳斯 |
[17:23] | but given that his neighbor picked her | 但既然那个邻居能从一推照片里 |
[17:24] | out of a photo array, | 认出她 |
[17:25] | it stands to reason that the real killer | 就证明真正的凶手 |
[17:26] | bears a striking resemblance. | 和她的外貌极其相似 |
[17:28] | The question is: who is she | 问题是 她是谁 |
[17:30] | and what did she have against Casey? | 她和凯西又有什么瓜葛 |
[17:33] | Well, is it possible that Detective Bell was right | 可能贝尔警探是对的 |
[17:34] | and that the neighbor was lying about seeing the woman | 那个邻居说在楼梯看到一个女人 |
[17:37] | on the stairs? | 他是在说谎 |
[17:40] | Hey, I found something in the hall closet the other day. | 前几天我在客厅的衣柜里找到一样东西 |
[17:43] | Was it the zipper mask? | 是那个拉链面罩吗 |
[17:43] | ‘Cause I swear I’m just holding that for a friend. | 我发誓我只是替朋友保管的 |
[17:50] | It’s a trophy from an old case. | 这是一件案子的纪念品 |
[17:51] | Forgot I still had it. | 我都忘记了 |
[17:52] | Feel free to bin it. | 随意处理吧 |
[17:54] | Uh, I-I know it’s yours | 我知道这是你的 |
[17:55] | because it has “S. Holmes” Engraved under the strings. | 因为琴弦下面刻着”夏·福尔摩斯” |
[17:58] | So I used to play. What of it? | 我以前是会拉 那又怎样 |
[17:59] | Well, I just thought it might be a nice addition | 我只是觉得这对你的后续康复治疗 |
[18:01] | to your post-rehab regimen. | 很有帮助 |
[18:03] | Playing an instrument can relieve a lot of stress. | 弹奏乐器可以有效地缓解压力 |
[18:05] | You think I’m stressed? | 你认为我有压力 |
[18:07] | I think… you have a lot on your plate | 我觉得你现在手头有很多工作要做 |
[18:11] | and you’re not going easy on yourself | 而且你帮警方做这些事 |
[18:13] | with all this work with the police. | 无法使自己得到放松 |
[18:15] | I don’t play anymore. | 我已经不再拉了 |
[18:17] | Attic theory. | 阁楼理论 |
[18:18] | Playing took up too much space in my brain, so I stopped. | 拉小提琴太费脑子 所以我不玩了 |
[18:20] | That doesn’t even make any sense. | 根本是一派胡言 |
[18:21] | You can’t unlearn something you already know. | 你不可能忘记已经知道的事情 |
[18:25] | Five bucks says it’s the ex-boyfriend. | 我赌五块钱 是你前男友打来的 |
[18:29] | Answer it. I’m not going anywhere. | 接啊 我等着收钱呢 |
[18:37] | Bad time? | 我打的不是时候吗 |
[18:38] | Uh, not great. | 有点 |
[18:40] | Is everything okay? | 没出什么事吧 |
[18:41] | Um, what’s up? | 找我有事吗 |
[18:44] | I just left work and wanted to see how you were doing. | 我刚下班 想问问你好不好 |
[18:46] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[18:48] | But you said it wasn’t a good time. | 可你刚才不是这么说的 |
[18:51] | Well, I’m just kind of in the middle of, | 我只是有点 |
[18:53] | you know, something… What… | 有点 什么声音 |
[18:56] | Oh, my God. What the hell? | 天呐 你在搞什么 |
[18:58] | Joan? | 乔安 |
[18:59] | What is it? Is everything okay? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[19:01] | Uh, Ty, I’m gonna have to call you back. | 泰 我回头再打给你 |
[19:03] | You were right about the stress relief. | 关于减压 你说得真对 |
[19:04] | I felt like Jimi Hendrix | 有那么一刻 |
[19:05] | for a second there. | 我觉得自己就像吉米·亨德里克斯 |
[19:06] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你也不至于烧了它吧 |
[19:08] | Ty, funny name that. | 泰 这名字真可笑 |
[19:09] | Noun? Verb? Nationality? | 名词 动词 还是国家名 |
[19:11] | Stop changing subjects. | 别转移话题 |
[19:12] | Stop mucking with my things. | 不要乱动我的东西 |
[19:13] | I wouldn’t have to muck with your things | 假如你能对我敞开心扉 |
[19:14] | if you would open up to me. | 我才不会动你的东西 |
[19:15] | We’re supposed to learn about each other. | 我们应该互相了解 |
[19:16] | That’s how companionship works. | 否则这段关系走不下去 |
[19:22] | Good evening, Captain. | 晚上好 警监 |
[19:23] | How may I help? | 有什么我能帮上忙的 |
[19:24] | Uh, you can meet me in Queens. | 你来皇后区找我 |
[19:26] | There’s been another shooting death. | 又发生了一起枪杀案 |
[19:28] | Looks like the same gun that killed Casey McManus. | 和杀死凯西·麦克马纳斯用的是同一把枪 |
[19:32] | Well, given Casey McManus’ neighbor | 既然凯西·麦克马纳斯的邻居 |
[19:35] | has been in custody since last night, | 昨晚已被拘留 |
[19:36] | I’d say that officially clears him of the murder, | 我认为他可以正式洗清嫌疑了 |
[19:38] | – wouldn’t you? – Well, I’m big enough | -你觉得呢 -我啊 我都这么大了 |
[19:40] | to admit when I’m wrong. Doesn’t mean he didn’t lie | 认个错算什么 但这并不意味着 |
[19:42] | about the neighbor he claimed to see. | 他没说谎 |
[19:43] | Shooter was seated again. | 凶手这次还是坐着开枪 |
[19:45] | Any thoughts to why? | 有什么想法没 |
[19:53] | I smell the same deodorant I smelled at the first scene. | 能闻到和上次一样的体香剂味 |
[19:55] | So we know what our killer smells like. | 我们都知道凶手闻起来什么味了 |
[19:57] | Too bad we can’t put out an APB on an armpit. | 只可惜不能对腋窝下全境通缉 |
[19:59] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[20:01] | You said the first victim suffered | 你是不是说过第一个受害人 |
[20:02] | from corneal dystrophy, didn’t you? | 患有角膜营养不良 |
[20:04] | What of it? | 是又怎么样 |
[20:06] | This medicine is used to treat it. | 这瓶是对症药 |
[20:08] | – News trucks are here. – Perfect. | -新闻采集车来了 -很好 |
[20:11] | You want to tell them we got two victims | 是你去告诉他们 两个受害者 |
[20:13] | with no discernible link or should I? | 没有明显联系 还是我来 |
[20:15] | Actually, Captain, the link is quite discernible. | 警监 事实上 联系很明显 |
[20:20] | Both victims suffered from the same rare genetic disorder: | 两位受害者患有同一种罕见的遗传病 |
[20:24] | clouding of the corneas. | 先天性角膜混浊 |
[20:26] | If you ignore skin color for the moment, | 暂时不考虑死者肤色如何 |
[20:27] | you note the, uh, | 请注意 |
[20:29] | the widow’s peak, the bone structure of the face. | 她的V型发际和脸的骨架结构 |
[20:31] | You tell me they don’t look the least bit familiar. | 你们难道不觉得他们长得有点像吗 |
[20:35] | Casey McManus and this woman were more than just linked. | 两个受害人绝不是有联系这么简单 |
[20:39] | They were brother and sister. | 他们是血亲 |
[20:48] | You were right about the two victims being related. | 如你所说 两人是有血缘关系 |
[20:50] | DNA test showed that they were half-siblings. | DNA显示他们是半同源的 |
[20:53] | Uh, for what it’s worth, | 不知这个有没有用 |
[20:55] | the genetic traits here suggest that | 这里的遗传特征显示 |
[20:57] | the parent they had in common was the father. | 他们是同父异母 |
[20:58] | Yeah, our ME said the same thing, | 对 法医也这么说 |
[21:01] | but according to interviews | 但根据笔录 |
[21:02] | with the friends and family members, | 两人的朋友和家人证明 |
[21:04] | neither knew the other one existed. | 这两人并不知道对方的存在 |
[21:06] | Casey McManus’ Mom had him out of wedlock. | 凯西·麦克马纳斯是私生子 |
[21:09] | She never told him who his real Dad was. | 他的母亲从未提过他的生父 |
[21:11] | Ditto for Anna Webster. | 安娜·韦伯斯特也是如此 |
[21:13] | Far as they knew, | 他们还以为 |
[21:14] | they were only children. | 自己是独生子女 |
[21:16] | Both shared a mystery dad. | 两人都不知道生父是谁 |
[21:17] | Both were murdered within a day of each other. | 还在同一天被杀 |
[21:19] | Obviously not a coincidence. | 显然不是巧合 |
[21:21] | Do you think maybe | 你是不是觉得 |
[21:22] | – he was the one who killed them? – No. | -他们的父亲可能就是凶手 -不 |
[21:24] | I still think the killer’s a woman. | 我仍然认为凶手是个女人 |
[21:26] | But identifying Dad | 但找出父亲 |
[21:27] | might get us closer to identifying her. | 也许能帮我们尽快找到凶手 |
[21:29] | Surely the victims’ mothers can help on that front. | 两位母亲肯定能帮得上忙 |
[21:31] | Yeah, you’d think. | 想法不错 |
[21:32] | Casey’s Mom died in a car accident in ’97. | 但凯西的母亲1997年就死于车祸了 |
[21:35] | Anna Webster’s died of cancer, 2008. | 而安娜的母亲 2008年得癌症死了 |
[21:38] | Neither are talking to anybody. | 两人现在都没法开口 |
[21:41] | Just found this. | 刚刚查到这个 |
[21:42] | Anna Webster filed a complaint a few weeks ago | 安娜·韦伯斯特几周前投诉 |
[21:45] | about a guy she thought was following her. | 说有人跟踪她 |
[21:47] | Saw him parked outside her home one morning | 有天早上她看见那人把车 |
[21:49] | and snapped a few pictures from her window. | 停在她家门外 透过窗口偷拍她 |
[21:51] | Now, I’m thinking | 我在想 |
[21:52] | maybe that’s the father we’re trying to find. | 也许他就是我们要找的父亲 |
[21:54] | The age is right. | 年龄也对得上 |
[21:56] | But there’s approximately… | 但这人看起来 |
[21:59] | zero family resemblance. | 一点都不像他们 |
[22:01] | Not Dad, not by a long shot. | 不是他们的父亲 我肯定 |
[22:03] | I’m pretty sure Holmes is right on this one. | 我也能肯定福尔摩斯这次是对的 |
[22:05] | How? | 为什么 |
[22:06] | Because believe it or not, I know this guy. | 因为我正好认识这个人 |
[22:13] | Tommy Gregson, as I live and breathe! | 想不到是你啊 汤米·格雷森 |
[22:15] | Ha-ha! How long has it been? | 我们有多久没见了 |
[22:16] | – Four or five years? – Hey, Mike, how you been? | -有四五年了吧 – 迈克 过得怎么样 |
[22:18] | Eh, take a look at around. You tell me. | 你自己看看就知道了 |
[22:21] | Mike and I came up together in the department. | 我和迈克以前在一个部门供职 |
[22:22] | Then he got all high and mighty. | 后来他飞黄腾达了 |
[22:24] | He started working for the private sector. | 跑来私营部门工作 |
[22:26] | Became top investigator for White Shoe & White Shoe here. | 成了这里的顶级调查员 |
[22:28] | Mike, this is Detective Bell, | 迈克 这位是贝尔探员 |
[22:30] | Ms. Watson, and Mr. Holmes. | 华生女士和福尔摩斯先生 |
[22:32] | Yeah, any of you thirsty? | 有人口渴吗 |
[22:33] | My girl makes a killer Espresso. | 我的秘书泡的意式咖啡超棒 |
[22:35] | No, actually, we’re sort of on a clock. | 免了 我们这次是为公事而来 |
[22:37] | We were hoping that you were able to tell us why you | 我们找你是想问你为什么 |
[22:39] | were trailing this girl two weeks ago. | 两周前要跟踪这个女孩 |
[22:44] | I haven’t seen her before in my life. | 我从来没见过她 |
[22:48] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[22:52] | Um, can’t talk about it. | 这事没商量 |
[22:54] | It has to do with a case for one of my firm’s clients. | 这和公司顾客的案子有关 |
[22:57] | – It’s protected by privilege. – Mike, | -我有特权不说 -迈克 |
[22:59] | – this girl got killed last night. – I know. | -这女孩昨晚被杀害了 -我知道 |
[23:02] | I saw it on the news and I think it stinks, | 新闻上播过了 是很惨 |
[23:04] | and she seemed like a good kid, | 她看起来也是个好孩子 |
[23:06] | – but you know how it is: rules are rules. – Mike… | -但你知道 规矩就是规矩 -迈克 |
[23:09] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[23:09] | Sorry, could you just– excuse me a second– | 抱歉 你能不能 给我点时间 |
[23:11] | would you mind just telling me a little bit more | 你介不介意跟我讲讲 |
[23:14] | about this beautiful plant. | 这株美丽的植物 |
[23:16] | You work a lot of late nights, Mr. McGee. | 你经常熬夜工作吧 麦基先生 |
[23:18] | I can tell by your eyes, | 从你的眼睛就可以看出来 |
[23:19] | but you know what else I can tell | 你知道我还能看出什么吗 |
[23:20] | is that you’ve turned to methamphetamines | 就是你借助了甲基苯丙胺 |
[23:22] | to stay awake and alert. | 来保持清醒 |
[23:23] | You blink excessively. Your eyes dart. | 你频频眨眼 眼神飘忽 |
[23:26] | You also lost a great deal of weight | 过去的几个月里 |
[23:27] | over the last few months, | 还掉了很多体重 |
[23:28] | even though your diet’s as revolting as ever. | 尽管你一直吃这些垃圾食品 |
[23:31] | And the fact that your carotid has started | 还有 现在你的颈动脉 |
[23:32] | jumping up and down like a basketball | 跳动得像个篮球 |
[23:34] | makes me think that your stash is nearby. | 让我觉得也许你就把药藏在附近 |
[23:35] | It’s in your desk, perhaps? | 或许 就在你的办公桌里 |
[23:37] | Tell us what we need to know right now, | 你现在最好老实交代 |
[23:39] | and I won’t start throwing your drawers open | 否则我就打开你的抽屉 |
[23:41] | in front of Captain Gregson and Detective Bell. | 让格雷森警监和贝尔警探一探究竟 |
[23:46] | Also, um… | 还有 |
[23:48] | when you’re ready to get your life back on track… | 等你想让生活回到正轨时 |
[23:52] | Hemdale Rehabilitation Facility | 我强烈建议你去 |
[23:54] | gets my very strongest recommendation. | 汉德尔康戒中心 |
[23:57] | Uh, they even have a pool. | 那里还有游泳池呢 |
[23:59] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[24:03] | Uh, Tommy, uh… since you and I go back a ways, | 汤米 鉴于你我的交情 |
[24:09] | I’m gonna take this file and put it on my desk. | 我把材料拿出来 放在桌子上 |
[24:15] | I’m gonna go hit the head. | 我要去趟洗手间 |
[24:16] | You know, whatever happens in here | 接下来不管这发生什么 |
[24:19] | while I’m gone, you know… happens. | 我都毫不知情 |
[24:22] | – Appreciate it, Mike. – Yeah. Sure, Tommy. | -谢谢你 迈克 -别客气 汤米 |
[24:25] | Sure. | 谢谢你 |
[24:40] | Casey McManus and Anna Webster, | 凯西·麦克马纳斯和安娜·韦伯斯特 |
[24:43] | you hired your lawyers to investigate them | 你几个月前雇律师 |
[24:45] | several months ago– why? | 调查这两个人 为什么呢 |
[24:47] | Because you discovered | 因为你发现凯西和安娜 |
[24:48] | that Casey and Anna were your half-siblings. | 和你有血缘关系 |
[24:51] | Your father Charles, as successful a businessman | 你的父亲查尔斯是一位成功的商人 |
[24:53] | as he was potent a philanderer, | 也是个名副其实的花花公子 |
[24:55] | sired them out of wedlock decades ago. | 多年前因婚外情生下了他们 |
[24:57] | Paid off their mothers to keep them quiet. | 给了他们的母亲封口费 |
[24:59] | He told you and Yvette of their existence on his deathbed. | 但他在临死前 告诉了你和伊薇特 |
[25:01] | Now they’re both dead. | 现在 你们却都死了 |
[25:03] | Coincidence? | 是巧合吗 |
[25:04] | I suspect not. | 我不这么认为 |
[25:06] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[25:07] | What do you mean, they’re both dead? | 什么叫他们都死了 |
[25:09] | What he means, Ms. Ellison, is that you don’t | 埃里森小姐 他的意思是 |
[25:10] | have to worry about them coming after your money anymore. | 你再也不用担心 他们会和你抢遗产了 |
[25:13] | We know that Charles left his fortune to you and Yvette, | 查尔斯给你和伊薇特留下一大笔财产 |
[25:16] | but he failed to include language in his will | 但是遗嘱里并没有说 |
[25:18] | that would exclude his bastard children | 他的私生子不能 |
[25:20] | from laying claim to their share of it. | 获得一部分遗产 |
[25:21] | That made them pretermitted heirs | 这样 从法律角度来看 |
[25:23] | in the eyes of the law, which meant that | 他们是合法继承人 也就是说 |
[25:25] | if they ever discovered their father’s true identity, | 有一天他们若发现亲生父亲的身份 |
[25:27] | they’d have been able to sue | 就可以通过上诉 |
[25:28] | for a piece of his considerable estate, | 来得到自己应得的遗产 |
[25:31] | potentially reducing you and your sister’s inheritance | 也就大大降低了你们姐妹的份额 |
[25:33] | by as much as two-thirds. | 至少有三分之二 |
[25:35] | That’s why you hired your lawyers to investigate them, | 这也就是你雇律师调查他们的原因 |
[25:37] | and that’s why i believe you killed them. | 也因此 我认为是你杀害了他们 |
[25:40] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没有杀人 |
[25:42] | Can you account for your whereabouts the last two nights | 在过去两晚的8点到10点之间 |
[25:44] | between the hours of 8:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m.? | 你能给出不在场证明吗 |
[25:46] | I-I was… at home. | 我在家 |
[25:49] | I was alone. | 自己一个人 |
[25:50] | That means no. | 就是说没有了 |
[25:52] | Maybe it’s time we took this back to the precinct. | 那么我们还是回警局说吧 |
[25:55] | No. | 不 |
[25:57] | No. | 不 |
[26:03] | Look, you’re right about my dad. | 关于我爸 你们是对的 |
[26:06] | He did tell me and my sister | 他确实在临死前告诉了我们 |
[26:07] | about Casey and Anna right before he died. | 凯西和安娜的存在 |
[26:09] | And yes, we knew they could lay claim | 而且我们也知道他们能够 |
[26:11] | to at least part of the estate. | 合法获得一部分财产 |
[26:13] | It was very difficult for us. | 这件事让我们很为难 |
[26:15] | We were very angry with him. | 我们对于父亲的做法很生气 |
[26:17] | We couldn’t believe he would keep something like that from us. | 不敢相信他把这个秘密藏得这么深 |
[26:18] | But he was very sick, and we… | 但他病得很重 我们也… |
[26:24] | After he died, we went back and forth about what we should do. | 他去世后 我们一直在考虑该怎么办 |
[26:27] | Neither of us wanted to have to keep his secret, | 我们都不想守着这个秘密 |
[26:29] | but to give tens of millions | 但是要把上千万资产 |
[26:31] | of dollars to two virtual strangers seemed insane. | 拱手让给两个陌生人 也让人难以接受 |
[26:35] | That’s why we reached out to his attorneys. | 于是我们找到律师 |
[26:38] | We wanted them to look into Casey and Anna | 我们希望他能调查凯西和安娜 |
[26:40] | so we could have all the facts at our disposal. | 并了解情况 以备不时之需 |
[26:42] | Where they lived, perhaps; how one might get into their homes. | 例如他们住在那里 怎样闯进去 |
[26:44] | No. Nothing like that. | 不 不是这样的 |
[26:46] | We just wanted to know what kind of people they were. | 我们只是想知道他们是什么样的人 |
[26:49] | But then, before we could make any sort of decision… | 但是 在我们还没做出决定时 |
[26:53] | Yvette went into a tailspin. | 伊薇特突然精神崩溃了 |
[26:54] | She… started seeing a married man, | 她和已婚男人有染 |
[26:57] | started drinking. | 酗酒 |
[26:59] | And then she tried to kill herself. | 之后还企图自杀 |
[27:02] | The “Suicide attempt,” Right, | 企图自杀是没错 |
[27:03] | ’cause I’m starting to wonder if that’s what that really was. | 但我不禁怀疑 事实是否真的如此 |
[27:07] | I have to assume that with Yvette out of the way, | 如果伊薇特也不能继承财产 |
[27:09] | you stood to inherit the Ellison fortune in its entirety. | 你就能得到全部遗产了 |
[27:13] | It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that | 如果是你强迫她服药的 |
[27:14] | you found some way to compel her to take those pills. | 我也一点都不感到惊讶 |
[27:19] | I would never hurt my sister. | 我永远都不会伤害我的姐妹 |
[27:22] | Ms. Ellison, | 埃里森小姐 |
[27:23] | if you’ll come with us… | 麻烦你和我们走一趟 |
[27:25] | Just one thing. | 还有一件事 |
[27:28] | Why disguise yourself as Yvette to commit the murders? | 为什么要打扮成伊薇特去杀人呢 |
[27:31] | The witness saw you at the first scene, | 有目击者在案发现场见到了你 |
[27:33] | but he described your sister to a T. | 但他描述出的人却是你妹妹 |
[27:35] | I-I know that you’re a fraternal twin, | 我知道你们是异卵双生 |
[27:37] | but with a wig, bit of a makeup, | 但是戴个假发 画画妆 |
[27:38] | you bear more than a passing resemblance. | 你就会很像她了 |
[27:39] | The question is, why would you want to? | 问题是 你为什么要这么做 |
[27:41] | What was the point of trying to frame a woman in a coma? | 为什么要伪装成一个正在昏迷的人呢 |
[27:44] | You even put on her deodorant. | 你还用了她的体香剂 |
[27:46] | Master stroke, when you think about it. | 仔细想想 这简直太妙了 |
[27:49] | You’re insane. | 你真是疯了 |
[28:02] | She really got you, huh? | 那一巴掌很疼吧 |
[28:03] | Lefty. Caught me by surprise. | 左撇子 我没防备 |
[28:06] | This one, leathery from slaps. | 这边被打得很粗糙 |
[28:08] | This one, baby’s bottom. | 而这边光滑如婴儿的肌肤 |
[28:18] | Ty, what the hell are you doing here? | 泰 你怎么在这里 |
[28:19] | What do you mean, what the hell am I doing here? | 你这么问是什么意思 |
[28:21] | Dinner, remember? You said 6:00. | 你约我6点吃晚饭 忘了吗 |
[28:23] | I didn’t say anything. How did you even find this place? | 我没约你啊 你怎么找到这里的 |
[28:25] | Your e-mail– you said your friend’s having | 你发电子邮件给我 说你的朋友 |
[28:27] | a dinner party, I should come. | 要开派对 让我也来 |
[28:29] | Ty! Such a pleasure. | 泰 很高兴认识你 |
[28:30] | Joan’s told me so little about you. | 乔恩几乎没怎么提过你 |
[28:32] | You hacked my e-mail? | 你黑了我的邮箱 |
[28:33] | “Hack” Is such an ugly word. | “黑”这个词可真难听 |
[28:34] | Joan, what’s going on? | 乔恩 到底是怎么回事 |
[28:35] | What does it look like, Ty? | 看不出来吗 泰 |
[28:36] | It’s a soiree. | 是派对啊 |
[28:37] | Not sure about this, though. | 这是什么啊 |
[28:38] | Bit of a party foul. | 不太拿得出手吧 |
[28:40] | Unless… | 除非 |
[28:41] | You know what? This was a mistake. | 不好意思 这是个误会 |
[28:43] | I don’t understand. Who is that guy? | 我不明白 这人是谁啊 |
[28:44] | He’s my… | 他是我… |
[28:47] | He’s my friend, and he’s a prankster, | 我朋友 很爱开玩笑 |
[28:49] | and he brought you here to mess with me. | 他叫你来这里是故意整我的 |
[28:51] | So… He’s your boyfriend. | 他是你男朋友吧 |
[28:52] | No. | 不是 |
[28:53] | Wow. Uh, not even close. | 绝对不是 |
[28:55] | You know what? I am so sorry. | 真的很不好意思 |
[28:56] | I’m gonna call you tomorrow, okay? | 我明天给你打电话 好吗 |
[28:58] | I backed out of drinks with the DA for this. | 我可是放了地检官的鸽子 |
[29:00] | Tell your friend he’s lucky I didn’t slug him. | 告诉你朋友 我没揍他算他走运 |
[29:05] | If you ever do, swing from the left. | 要打的话 也记得打左脸 |
[29:08] | Where’s he going? Was it something I said? | 他要去哪儿 我说错话了吗 |
[29:12] | Invading my privacy, not okay. | 你侵犯我的隐私 太过分了 |
[29:14] | Said the walking, talking professional invasion of privacy. | 侵犯隐私 还是你更专业 |
[29:17] | I am here to work with you. | 我来这里是和你共事的 |
[29:19] | I thought you understood that by now. | 我认为你现在应该明白了 |
[29:20] | I’m sorry, wasn’t it you that said we were | 不好意思 不是你说过 |
[29:21] | supposed to be learning more about each other? | 我们应该多了解彼此的吗 |
[29:23] | That’s how companionship works, is it not? | 陪护关系不就该这样吗 |
[29:25] | Is this because of the violin yesterday? | 这都是因为昨天小提琴的事吗 |
[29:27] | Because I think you made your point | 昨天你都用放火 |
[29:28] | when you set it on fire! | 来表明立场了 还不够吗 |
[29:29] | Well, I haven’t made my point | 要是你没听进去 |
[29:30] | unless you’ve absorbed it. | 我做什么都白搭 |
[29:32] | Friendship is not a requirement of cohabitation. | 同住一个屋檐下不一定要做朋友 |
[29:34] | I’ll keep my secrets; you keep yours. | 我们各自守着小秘密过日子 |
[29:36] | Provided I’m still sober in five weeks, | 只要接下来的五周我不碰毒品 |
[29:38] | we’ll go our separate ways, hmm? | 我们就可以分道扬镳了 |
[29:44] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[29:45] | It’s Captain Gregson. Just thought you should know | 我是格雷森警监 就是告诉你一声 |
[29:47] | we’re letting Rebecca Ellison go. | 我们要释放瑞贝卡·埃里森了 |
[29:49] | What? | 什么 |
[29:51] | Searches of her home and business | 我们搜查了她的房子和办公室 |
[29:53] | didn’t turn up anything | 没有任何发现 |
[29:54] | and security cameras at her apartment | 而且她公寓的监控录像显示 |
[29:56] | confirm she was there at the time of each murder | 每次案发时她都待在家 |
[29:59] | just like she said she was. | 正如她说的那样 |
[30:00] | She enters before 7:00 both nights | 两个晚上她都是7点前到家 |
[30:02] | and doesn’t leave until the next morning. | 直到第二天早上才出门的 |
[30:05] | She didn’t kill Casey McManus or Anna Webster. | 凯西和安娜都不是她杀的 |
[30:15] | You guys know being up here is, uh, it’s a big step, | 能站到这里 就是很大的进步 |
[30:19] | and part of me is afraid of even talking about my addiction… | 我有时甚至没有勇气谈起我的毒瘾 |
[30:21] | I can’t believe that with everything we have to do, | 不敢相信我们有那么多要紧事要做 |
[30:23] | you have dragged me to another addict festival. | 你还拖我来参加吸毒者的聚会 |
[30:26] | We have nowhere else to be for the next 45 minutes | 接下来45分钟我们就待在这里 |
[30:29] | but here at this meeting. | 哪都不去 |
[30:31] | She tricked them. | 她骗过了监控 |
[30:32] | I don’t know how yet, but she tricked them. | 我不知道怎么做到的 但一定是做了手脚 |
[30:35] | Rebecca Ellison. | 瑞贝卡·埃里森 |
[30:36] | I still think she’s the one | 我仍觉得她就是 |
[30:37] | that murdered Casey McManus and Anna Webster. | 杀死凯西和安娜的凶手 |
[30:42] | What? Would you rather I put myself in another trance? | 怎么 你情愿我自我催眠是吗 |
[30:45] | I already thought of that. | 我早料到了 |
[30:48] | Got it off the board over there. | 从那边墙上拿下来的 |
[30:50] | You even think about zoning out, | 你要敢试图放空神游 |
[30:51] | it goes into the softest part of your thigh. | 这大头针就直插你大腿根 |
[30:54] | Lots of nerve endings there. | 那的神经末梢可多了 |
[30:56] | You wouldn’t dare. | 你才不敢 |
[30:58] | Who’d like to go next? | 下一个谁想上来 |
[31:04] | My name is Elaine, and I’m an addict. | 我叫伊莱恩 我是个瘾君子 |
[31:06] | Hi, Elaine. | 你好 伊莱恩 |
[31:08] | I am exactly 360 days sober. | 我已经戒毒整整360天了 |
[31:13] | Five more, and I hit my one-year mark. | 再过五天 就到一年了 |
[31:15] | I know I-I should be proud. | 我知道我应该自豪 |
[31:17] | I know I should be excited, but I can’t be. | 应该觉得激动 可我做不到 |
[31:21] | Because I’m not the only one | 因为我不是唯一一个 |
[31:23] | whose life was ruined by my addiction. | 被毒瘾毁掉人生的人 |
[31:27] | I’m playing the violin again. | 我在拉小提琴呢 |
[31:29] | The world’s smallest. | 全世界最小的一把 |
[31:31] | Well, I thought you’d be happy. | 怎么 我以为你会高兴 |
[31:36] | Which is why I decided to latch on to a doctor instead. | 所以我决定傍一个医生 |
[31:41] | I met this great guy, | 我遇到了一个很好的男人 |
[31:43] | Steven, a GP, | 斯蒂文 一个全科医生 |
[31:46] | and I acted like I was all into him, you know? | 我装作无法自拔地爱上了他 |
[31:49] | He was married. | 他已经结婚了 |
[31:50] | He had three beautiful daughters. | 有三个漂亮的女儿 |
[31:53] | But I didn’t care about that. | 可我当时全然不顾 |
[31:54] | All I cared about was me and what I needed. | 在乎的只有自己和对毒品的渴求 |
[31:58] | When we were together, it was like I didn’t even see him. | 我们在一起时 就好像我看到的不是他 |
[32:00] | All I saw were the drugs. | 而是毒品 |
[32:03] | And eventually, his wife found out and called the police, | 最后 他老婆发现并报了警 |
[32:06] | and… even though I was the one who started it all, | 虽然这一切都是我一手造成的 |
[32:10] | he was the one who went to jail. | 可他却因我锒铛入狱 |
[32:13] | You see, he had taken an oath. | 他宣过誓 |
[32:14] | He promised to do no harm. | 保证不伤害任何人 |
[32:19] | But what about the harm I did to him? | 那我对他造成的伤害怎么算 |
[32:23] | – We have to leave. – What? | -我们得走了 -什么 |
[32:25] | You know you’re required by your father to attend these meetings. | 是你父亲要求你来参加聚会的 |
[32:27] | I just had a breakthrough regarding the investigation, | 我刚刚有了一个重大的突破 |
[32:29] | and you want me to sit in a room and tell stories like a child. | 你要我继续坐在那 乖乖地讲故事吗 |
[32:31] | You don’t think I know you’d say anything | 你以为我不知道 你为了逃出来 |
[32:33] | to get out of these meetings? | 什么都说得出来 |
[32:34] | If you think these meetings matter, | 你要真觉得这种聚会重要 |
[32:35] | then fine, tomorrow I’ll go to two, or ten, | 行 我明天去两个 或者十个 |
[32:37] | but right now I have a killer to stop. | 但现在我要去阻止凶手 |
[32:40] | – Tell me what your breakthrough is. – What? | -跟我说说你的重大突破 -什么 |
[32:42] | You said you had some sort of breakthrough– what is it? | 你刚说你有了重大的突破 是什么 |
[32:43] | Now, look, there isn’t time for this! | 听着 现在没时间解释 |
[32:45] | We need to find out where Rebecca Ellison is right now. | 我们要马上找到瑞贝卡·埃里森 |
[32:47] | You said earlier we don’t need to be friends, | 你之前说我们不必做朋友 |
[32:49] | and you’re right. | 我同意 |
[32:50] | But we do need to trust each other. | 但我们需要彼此信任 |
[32:51] | Tell me what’s going on, and I will try and help you. | 告诉我怎么回事 我会试着帮助你 |
[32:54] | Don’t, and I will be the opposite of help. | 不然的话 我就给你帮倒忙 |
[32:58] | “For I consider brains | “就我而言 智慧 |
[32:59] | “Far superior to money in every way. | 要超越金钱无数倍 |
[33:01] | You may have noticed that if one…” | 你也许察觉不到一个人…” |
[33:03] | Murderer! | 杀人凶手 |
[33:05] | You may have fooled the police. | 你或许骗得了警察 |
[33:06] | You didn’t fool me. | 但你骗不了我 |
[33:08] | I know that you’re the one | 我知道就是你 |
[33:09] | who killed Casey McManus and Anna Webster. | 杀了凯西·麦克马纳斯和安娜·韦伯斯特 |
[33:11] | Get out. Right now. Nurse! | 出去 马上 护士 |
[33:13] | The surveillance cameras in your building. | 你楼里的监控录像 |
[33:15] | The ones that support your so-called “alibi.” | 那些你所谓的不在场证明 |
[33:17] | You tampered with them somehow. | 你肯定做了手脚 |
[33:19] | What’s going on in here? | 怎么回事 |
[33:19] | I’m on to you, Ms. Ellison. | 我盯上你了 埃里森女士 |
[33:21] | Matter of fact, I’m way ahead of you. | 更准确地说 我还想在了你前头 |
[33:23] | I know all about the third pretermitted heir. | 第三个继承人的事我都知道了 |
[33:25] | – What? – Daddy’s third bastard. | -什么 -你爸的第三个私生子 |
[33:28] | I figured out who she is. | 我知道她是谁了 |
[33:29] | Mary Margaret Phelps. | 玛丽·玛格利特·菲尔普斯 |
[33:30] | 80-33 West Tremont, Morris Heights. | 住在莫里斯高地西特莱蒙街80-33号 |
[33:33] | Don’t pretend like you don’t already know. | 别装作这事你不知道 |
[33:34] | You’re not that good an actress. | 你的演技可不怎么样 |
[33:35] | Holmes, back away. | 福尔摩斯 退后 |
[33:37] | When I couldn’t talk you out of coming, | 我当时没能阻止你过来 |
[33:38] | I texted him. | 就给他发了短信 |
[33:39] | Yes, that’s right. | 真好啊你 |
[33:40] | The opposite of help. Thank you. | 这就是你说的倒忙 真感谢 |
[33:42] | You know what? It doesn’t matter | 但没关系 |
[33:43] | because as of tonight, | 因为今天晚上 |
[33:44] | Mary Margaret has her own personal bodyguard. | 玛丽·玛格利特有个私人保镖了 |
[33:47] | Me. I’ll be watching her 24/7, | 就是我 我会时时刻刻守着她 |
[33:49] | and I won’t let you anywhere near her. | 绝不让你靠近她一步 |
[33:51] | – That’s enough. – Get off! | -你够了 -滚开 |
[33:54] | Okay. That’s it. Come on. | 好啊 你完了 过来 |
[33:57] | You just assaulted a police officer, | 你刚刚袭击了一名警察 |
[34:00] | which means you | 也就是说 |
[34:01] | get to spend the night in jail. Let’s go. | 你今晚要蹲在牢里了 走 |
[34:04] | You haven’t seen the last of me, Ms. Ellison. | 我不会就此罢休的 埃里森女士 |
[34:06] | Not by a long shot. | 想都别想 |
[34:07] | – I will not let you hurt the third heir! – Excuse me. | -我不会让你伤害第三个继承人 -闪开 |
[34:09] | Do you understand me? I will not let you hurt her! | 你听明白了吗 我不会让你伤害她的 |
[34:12] | Let’s go. | 快走 |
[35:31] | Put the gun down, Ms. Ellison. | 把枪放下 埃里森女士 |
[35:38] | Or do you prefer Yvette? | 或者该叫你伊薇特 |
[35:42] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[35:43] | She was in a coma. | 她正处于昏迷 |
[35:44] | Now she’s fine? | 怎么突然没事了 |
[35:46] | It wasn’t a regular coma. | 那不是一般的昏迷 |
[35:48] | It was medically induced by her doctor. | 是由她的医生施药导致的 |
[35:51] | He put her in and brought her out as needed. | 他让她昏迷 并在需要的时候让她清醒 |
[35:55] | To kill Casey and Anna. | 为了杀凯西和安娜 |
[35:57] | I don’t understand. Why would he… | 我不懂 他为什么要… |
[35:59] | Because he was the married man | 因为他就是跟你姐妹有染的 |
[36:00] | with whom she was having an affair. | 那个已婚男人 |
[36:02] | Obviously, she never introduced you. | 显然她没介绍你们认识 |
[36:05] | Because he was also part of her plan | 因为他在帮助她 |
[36:06] | to protect her money from her father’s illegitimate children. | 保护自己那份遗产不被父亲的私生子拿走 |
[36:11] | When I met him the other day, | 我那天见到他时 |
[36:12] | I noticed a pale stripe of skin on his finger. | 留意到他手指上有一条浅色的痕迹 |
[36:15] | Clearly, he’d recently stopped wearing his wedding band. | 很明显 他最近摘掉了婚戒 |
[36:18] | Didn’t think anything of it in the moment, | 我当时没多想 |
[36:20] | but then at a, um, | 但是后来 在… |
[36:22] | a gathering I attended this evening, | 我今晚参加的一次聚会上 |
[36:24] | I heard the story of a woman who seduced her doctor | 我听到个故事 一个女人怂恿她的医生 |
[36:27] | to take advantage of his medical expertise. | 利用他的职务之便来拿药 |
[36:31] | And it got me thinking about you and your sister’s predicament. | 这让我想到你们姐妹的现状 |
[36:35] | Two heiresses learn of the existence | 两个人在即将继承 |
[36:38] | of two half-siblings days before | 巨额遗产的前一天 |
[36:40] | they’re set to receive their rather massive inheritance. | 知道还有两个同父异母的兄妹 |
[36:44] | One has a big heart, | 其中一个心胸宽阔 |
[36:46] | the other… Hmm. | 另一个就… |
[36:49] | Big heart wants to share. | 心胸宽阔的那个想要分享 |
[36:51] | Get to know these people. | 于是开始接触他们 |
[36:53] | Welcome them as family, | 像家人一样欢迎他们 |
[36:54] | and share with them her many blessings. | 还要和他们分享财产 |
[36:56] | Little heart would rather see them dead. | 心胸狭窄的更愿意看到他们死 |
[36:59] | Problem is she knows | 问题是她知道 |
[37:01] | that only she and one other person, her sister, | 只有她们姐妹两人 |
[37:04] | have motive to kill them. | 有杀害他们的动机 |
[37:06] | She also knows that this motive, | 她也知道因为这个动机 |
[37:07] | in time, could easily be traced back to her. | 迟早会追溯到她身上 |
[37:11] | So what does she do? | 那么她做了什么 |
[37:13] | She finds herself an alibi that is beyond reproach. | 她给自己找了个完美的不在场证明 |
[37:16] | She enlists the help of someone with the knowledge and the expertise | 从有专业知识和技术的人那获得帮助 |
[37:20] | to not only help her stage a suicide attempt, | 不止上演自杀戏码 |
[37:23] | but ease her into a coma. | 还让她陷入昏迷 |
[37:25] | Yvette’s doctor was arrested a little while ago. | 伊薇特的医生刚刚被逮捕了 |
[37:28] | He confessed to giving her barbiturates | 他承认给她服用巴比妥类药物 |
[37:30] | to keep her unconscious, not only to trick | 让她失去知觉 不仅是为了 |
[37:32] | the machines that monitored her, | 骗过监视她的仪器 |
[37:33] | but also anyone who would want to examine her when he wasn’t around. | 还有当他不在时 那些查看她的人 |
[37:36] | It wasn’t a perfect plan, of course. | 当然这不是最完美的计划 |
[37:40] | Between the drugs and the atrophied muscles, | 由于药物和肌肉萎缩的影响 |
[37:42] | she was quite weak. | 她很虚弱 |
[37:43] | That’s why she was seated | 所以她是坐着 |
[37:45] | when she shot Casey and Anna. | 开枪杀死凯西和安娜的 |
[37:47] | Because, in the moment, it was too difficult to stand. | 因为在那时 她很难站立 |
[37:51] | I never told you that I wanted to share the money | 我从没说过我想分享遗产 |
[37:55] | and Yvette didn’t. How did you know? | 而伊薇特不愿意 你怎么知道的 |
[37:57] | Why else would she go to these lengths? | 不然她为何出此下策 |
[38:02] | And what about the third heir? | 第三个继承人怎么样了 |
[38:02] | The one whose house Yvette broke into. | 伊薇特闯进她的家 |
[38:05] | – Is she okay? – She’s fine. | -她还好吗 -很好 |
[38:08] | In that she never existed. | 因为她根本不存在 |
[38:10] | I, I made her up. | 她是我编出来的 |
[38:11] | What you saw at the hospital, | 你在医院看到的 |
[38:12] | none of it was real. | 全是假的 |
[38:14] | It was a trap. | 那是个陷阱 |
[38:16] | I made a commotion to draw Yvette’s doctor in. | 我为了引伊薇特的医生过来而大吵大闹 |
[38:18] | I announced the name and address of the heir. | 然后喊出继承人的姓名和地址 |
[38:21] | Mary Margaret Phelps, | 玛丽·玛格利特·菲尔普斯 |
[38:22] | 80-33 West Tremont, | 西特莱蒙街80-33号 |
[38:23] | so that he’d have them. | 好让他听到 |
[38:25] | I then “assaulted” Detective Bell | 然后我”袭击”了贝尔警探 |
[38:27] | so the good doctor would think that I, | 我们的好医生就会以为 |
[38:29] | the only apparent threat to his and Yvette’s plan, | 在他和伊薇特的计划中 唯一的威胁 |
[38:31] | was in jail for the night, allowing them | 也就是我 会在监狱里蹲一晚上 |
[38:33] | a very crucial window of opportunity. | 这可是他们的好机会 |
[38:36] | And they took it. | 他们果然下手了 |
[38:38] | Because even though | 因为虽然 |
[38:40] | neither of them had even heard of the third heir before tonight, | 今晚之前 他们都没听说过还有第三个人 |
[38:43] | they couldn’t take any chances. | 但他们宁可错杀 |
[38:45] | As for the woman Yvette trailed to her home… | 至于伊薇特跟踪的那个女人 |
[38:47] | she’s an officer here at the precinct. | 她是这个辖区的一名警官 |
[38:55] | I have to contact our attorneys. | 我要联系我们的律师 |
[38:58] | I need to see if they can help her. | 我想知道他们能否帮助她 |
[39:01] | I know what she did | 我知道她做的事 |
[39:03] | is unforgivable, but she is still my sister. | 不可饶恕 但她仍是我的姐妹 |
[39:05] | There were only two pretermitted heirs, Ms. Ellison. | 只有两名漏掉的继承人 埃里森女士 |
[39:09] | Yvette killed the second one yesterday. | 伊薇特昨天杀了第二个 |
[39:10] | So tell me: | 那么请告诉我 |
[39:12] | Why was she still in a coma today? | 为什么今天她还处于昏迷中 |
[39:15] | Why didn’t she miraculously wake up this morning? | 为什么今早她没有奇迹般地醒来 |
[39:18] | Who did she have left to kill? | 她还需要杀掉谁 |
[39:22] | Do you think, perhaps, it was someone who stood | 你认为可不可能是 |
[39:24] | between her and the entirety of the family fortune? | 某个阻碍她得到整个遗产的人 |
[39:34] | You mind that big heart, Ms. Ellison. | 防人之心不可无 埃里森女士 |
[39:38] | It’ll beat longer. | 那样才能活得更久 |
[39:47] | You taking off? | 你要离开了 |
[39:48] | Case is closed, is it not? | 案子结束了 不是吗 |
[39:50] | It is. | 是的 |
[39:50] | Which is why you should come join us for drinks in a bit. | 所以你应该过来跟我们喝几杯 |
[39:53] | Bell here is buying. | 贝尔请客 |
[39:55] | I’m under orders. | 我只是奉命行事 |
[39:57] | That said, I, uh, | 不过我 |
[39:58] | appreciate the help you gave us. | 很感激你的帮助 |
[40:02] | So what do you say? | 给个话啊 |
[40:03] | Drinks? | 去不去 |
[40:04] | In about an hour? | 大概一个小时之后 |
[40:06] | Another time, perhaps. | 下次吧 |
[40:08] | All right. | 好的 |
[40:15] | More malodorous takeout. How wonderful. | 又是恶心的外卖 真美好 |
[40:19] | What is this? Five nights in a row? | 这是什么 都连续五天了 |
[40:21] | It’s Mediterranean. I hope you like garlic. | 地中海菜系 但愿你喜欢大蒜 |
[40:23] | You’d think that for what my father is paying you, | 我觉得我父亲付了你钱 |
[40:26] | you’d learn to cook. | 怎么也得会烧饭吧 |
[40:32] | – What? – You want to talk about | -什么 -想不想谈谈 |
[40:34] | what happened in the support meeting tonight? | 今晚互助会发生的事 |
[40:36] | Something happened? | 出什么事了 |
[40:37] | You listened. | 你听进去了 |
[40:39] | You let someone else’s natterings penetrate that attic | 你让别人的闲扯进入了隐窝[耳内结构] |
[40:41] | you call a skull | 就是你说的头骨 |
[40:42] | and it helped you catch a killer. | 而且它还帮你抓到了凶手 |
[40:44] | You want a thank you? Fine. Thank you. | 你想要感谢 好吧 谢谢你 |
[40:51] | Do you you close yourself off to people and | 你把自己封闭起来 |
[40:54] | deny yourself things that might bring you pleasure… | 还拒绝能带给你快乐的事情 |
[40:57] | not because it makes you a better investigator, | 不是因为这能让你成为更优秀的侦探 |
[41:00] | but because it’s some sort of penance? | 而是某种自我惩罚吧 |
[41:03] | Penance? | 自我惩罚 |
[41:04] | For what happened in London. | 因为在伦敦发生的事 |
[41:06] | Being addicted. | 你吸毒的原因 |
[41:10] | I don’t know. I guess it just occurred to me | 我不知道 我只是突然想到 |
[41:11] | that it might be something | 人可能会在 |
[41:12] | that someone might do and not even know it. | 无意识的情况下惩罚自己 |
[41:16] | Well, you always know it, Watson. | 其实是有意识的 华生 |
[41:19] | If you didn’t, | 要是无意识的 |
[41:21] | it wouldn’t be penance. | 就不叫自我惩罚了 |