英文名称:Election
年代:1999
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[04:01] | Hey, Mr McAllister. Not wasting any time, are you? | 麦考瑟老师 你真是把握时间 |
[04:05] | You know about the early bird. Yeah, I do. | 早起的鸟儿有虫吃 没错 |
[04:13] | Good luck there, Tracy. Thanks. I’ll see you in class. | 祝你好运 崔西 谢谢 课堂上见 |
[04:20] | None of this would have happened if Mr McAllister hadn’t meddled. | 要不是麦考瑟老师从中作梗 这一切就不会发生 |
[04:24] | He should have accepted things and not tried to interfere with destiny. | 他应该接受现实 而不是试图干涉命运 |
[04:30] | You can’t interfere with destiny, that’s why it’s destiny. | 人力是无法干涉命运的 所以才叫做命运 |
[04:34] | If you try to interfere, the same thing’s going to happen anyway. | 不管你如何介入 同样的事还是会发生 |
[04:42] | It’s hard to remember how it started, the whole election mess. | 记不清楚这场选举闹剧 是怎么开始的 |
[04:47] | I do remember that I loved my job. I was a teacher, an educator. | 只记得我深爱我的工作 我是个老师 一位教育者 |
[04:52] | I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. | 我无法想像自己还能做些什么 |
[04:55] | Mr McAllister, quit daydreaming and get back to work. | 麦考瑟老师 别发呆了 好好工作 |
[05:02] | The students knew it wasn’t just a job for me. I got involved. | 学生们了解这不只是我的工作 我投入其中 |
[05:06] | Put down the cards, boys. This game is over. | 放下纸牌 各位 游戏结束了 |
[05:11] | Come on, Wolverines. Defence! | 加油 小狼队 防守 |
[05:14] | I knew I touched their lives during their difficult young-adult years. | 在他们的青涩岁月里 我与他们的生活紧紧相系 |
[05:20] | I took that responsibility seriously. | 我认真地看待这份职责 |
[05:26] | In the 12 years I taught history and current events at Carver- | 我在卡佛高中教了12年的 历史与时事 |
[05:31] | I was voted teacher of the year three times. A school record. | 曾三次获选为年度最佳教师 是本校的最佳纪录 |
[05:36] | Teaching was all I’d ever wanted to do. | 教书始终是我的最爱 |
[05:40] | Trying to get young people excited about the world. | 我想使年轻人对世界充满期待 |
[05:47] | Trying to prepare them for the tough decisions they’d face as adults. | 培养他们用成熟的态度 去面对困难的抉择 |
[05:54] | That’s how I wanted to spend my life. | 我想要这样渡过人生 |
[05:57] | Is this a moral situation or an ethical situation? | 这是道德问题还是伦理问题? |
[06:01] | What’s the difference between morals and ethics anyway? Derek? | 道德与伦理有什么不同? 戴瑞克 |
[06:08] | Ethics is when you do what society tells you to do. | 伦理是由社会告诉你该如何做 |
[06:13] | Morals… You’re on the right track. | 道德是 你的方向没错 |
[06:18] | Can anybody help him out? Michelle. | 有谁能帮他补充?蜜雪儿 |
[06:23] | Morals are like lessons, like the moral of a story. | 道德如同是教训 比如说故事中包含的道德 |
[06:28] | It’s what you learn from a story or a fable. | 道德是从故事或寓言里学到的 |
[06:32] | Or a life experience. And ethics? | 或是从生活经验里 那么伦理呢? |
[06:36] | Ethics is how you use the morals that you learn from the story. | 伦理是利用从故事中 学到的道德 |
[06:41] | We’re missing something key here. What are we missing? | 我们漏掉了很重要的一点 是什么呢? |
[06:55] | Tracy. Ethics are rules of conduct… | 崔西 伦理是 |
[06:59] | I’d seen a lot of ambitious students come and go over the years, – | 这些年我看过不少 雄心勃勃的学生来来去去 |
[07:05] | but Tracy Flick was a special case. | 但崔西佛立克是个特别例子 |
[07:08] | People who think I’m an overachiever arejustjealous. | 认为我过于进取的人 其实是心存妒忌 |
[07:13] | My mum tells me I’m special. | 我妈说我是与众不同的 |
[07:17] | Looking at what I’ve accomplished so far, you’d have to agree. | 看看我目前为止的表现 你就会同意我的说法 |
[07:28] | Here I am as Hodel in “Fiddler on the Roof”. | 我主演 屋顶上的提琴手 |
[07:35] | Here I am on KCHS, our student TVstation. | 我担任学生电视台的记者 |
[07:39] | The littering must stop. Tracy Flick reporting. | 这场混乱必须停止 崔西佛立克报导 |
[07:43] | The Student Government Association is where I made my biggest mark. | 学生自治会是我贡献最多之处 |
[07:48] | I never missed a single meeting and led nearly every committee. | 我从未漏开任何一次会议 几乎主导了所有的委员会 |
[07:54] | I agree with Ashley. What happened last time was a travesty. | 我同意爱希莉的意见 上次简直是场闹剧 |
[07:59] | It reflected poorly on all of us. | 这使我们所有人蒙羞 |
[08:02] | Now Tracy Flick was poised to win the presidency of the student body. | 崔西一心要赢得学生会长选举 |
[08:07] | So far, she was running unopposed. | 目前为止还没有其他竞争者 |
[08:10] | Determined by a culture… | 由文化界定 |
[08:14] | There’s one more thing about Tracy I think you should know. | 关于崔西还有件事值得一提 |
[08:18] | Her pussy gets so wet, you can’t believe it. | 她春心荡漾 真难以置信 |
[08:22] | I don’t want to know that. | 别告诉我 我不想听这个 |
[08:25] | A few months earlier, she’d got into some trouble with my best friend. | 几个月前她和我的好友 惹出了一点麻烦 |
[08:31] | Dave Novotny. | 他是大维诺瓦尼 |
[08:35] | Dave came to Carver the year after I did, and we hit it off right away. | 大维比我晚一年进卡佛教书 我们一见如故 |
[08:40] | Dave taught because he didn’t want to leave high school. | 他选择教书是因为 留恋高中生活 |
[08:44] | Basically he was a good guy. Our wives became best friends, too. | 基本上他是个好人 我们的妻子也成为至交 |
[08:50] | When Dave and Linda’s son was born, they asked us to be his godparents. | 他们的儿子出生时 认我们做干爹干妈 |
[08:58] | You probably think that Mr Novotny was abusing one of his students. | 或许你以为诺瓦尼老师 利用职权侵犯学生 |
[09:03] | It wasn’t like that. | 但事实并非如此 |
[09:06] | Our relationship was based on mutual respect and admiration. | 我们的关系奠基于 彼此的尊敬与钦慕 |
[09:10] | During my sophomore year it was strictly professional between us. | 高二时我们纯粹只有师生关系 |
[09:16] | It wasn’t untiljunior year that things got kind of serious. | 到了高三事情才严重了起来 |
[09:22] | The yearbook editors were celebrating after a deadline. | 纪念册编辑工作完成后 大家一起出去庆功 |
[09:26] | Dave and I were left alone. We got to talking. | 最后只剩下大维和我独处 于是我们聊了起来 |
[09:29] | Not like teacher and student, but like two adults. | 我们不以师生的态度谈话 而像是两个成年人 |
[09:34] | I noticed that you don’t have any close friends. | 我注意到你没有亲近的朋友 |
[09:38] | You seem to be a loner. I’m just real busy. | 你似乎是个独行侠 不 我只是因为很忙 |
[09:43] | I know it’s not by choice. I just mean that… | 我知道不是你选择孤独 我的意思是 |
[09:49] | A person like you… It must be hard to find someone to talk to. | 像你这样的人一定 很难找到能够谈话的人 |
[09:55] | What do you mean? What kind of person am I? | 什么意思我不懂 我是怎么样的人? |
[10:01] | I’ve been watching you for going on three years now. | 我观察了你有三年之久 |
[10:07] | I think you are one of the most talented, hardworking, attractive – | 我认为你是我所见过 最有才华 努力 具吸引力 |
[10:13] | brilliant students… human beings I have ever met. | 最聪明的学生 不 最聪明的人 |
[10:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[10:22] | I know sometimes people like you pay a price for their greatness. | 我知道像你这样杰出的人 有时必须付出一些代价 |
[10:29] | And that price is loneliness. Maybe I’m wrong. | 这代价就是孤独 或许我说的不对 |
[10:35] | It just seems to me that you might need a friend. | 我只是觉得 你好像需要一个朋友 |
[10:43] | Growing up without a dad, you might assume I wanted a father figure. | 你大概以为长于单亲家庭的我 想要的只是父亲的爱 |
[10:49] | But that had nothing to do with it. Dave wasjust so strong. | 其实和这件事一点关系也没有 大维是如此的强壮 |
[10:54] | He made me feel safe. | 他给了我安全感 |
[10:56] | It was the first time somebody ever saw the real me. | 第一次有人了解真正的我 |
[11:02] | Okay, get down. | 好 趴下 |
[12:01] | When I think back on my relationship with Mr Novotny, – | 每当我回想起 与诺瓦尼老师的关系 |
[12:05] | what I miss most is our talks. | 最怀念的还是我们的谈话 |
[12:09] | You did it in your own house? | 你在自己家里做? |
[12:13] | I know it seems crazy. | 我知道听起来很疯狂 |
[12:16] | What I’m trying to tell you – | 我要告诉你的是 |
[12:20] | is that Tracy and I are totally, totally… in love. | 崔西和我是完全真心的相爱 |
[12:27] | In love? Yeah. It’s serious. | 相爱? 对 我们是认真的 |
[12:30] | She inspires me. She even wants to read my novel. | 她启发了我 她甚至愿意读我的小说 |
[12:36] | You haven’t written your novel. I’ve got it all right here. | 你又没有写小说 小说内容全在我的脑海里 |
[12:42] | Tracy wants me to write it so she can read it. It’s beautiful. | 崔西要我写出来让她看 这多么美妙 |
[12:49] | Dave, I’m just saying this as your friend… | 大维 身为朋友我得告诉你 |
[12:54] | What you’re doing is really wrong, and you’ve got to stop. | 你这么做是大错特错 你必须停止 |
[12:59] | The line you’ve crossed is immoral and illegal. | 你做了不道德的事 而且是犯法的 |
[13:03] | I don’t need a lecture on ethics. | 我不需要上伦理课 |
[13:07] | I’m talking about morals. What’s the difference? | 我说的是道德 二者有什么不同? |
[13:13] | I guess I don’t have to tell you how this all turned out. | 不用我说你也知道 事情发展到后来的结果 |
[13:34] | Tracy’s mum, she doesn’t understand. | 崔西的妈妈不了解 |
[13:38] | I’d say she doesn’t. I have never seen a mother so upset. | 我想她的确很不了解 我没看过一个妈妈如此伤心 |
[13:46] | I know what Tracy told her mother, what her mother told me. | 我听过崔西跟她母亲的说法 |
[13:50] | I need to hear this from you. I have a legal responsibility here. | 现在我需要听你怎么说 这是我的法律职责 |
[13:59] | Did you cross the line with this girl? | 你是否与那女孩 超越了师生的关系? |
[14:15] | We’re in love. | 我们相爱 |
[14:21] | Your novel? Are you fucking kidding me? | 你的小说? 你他妈的开什么玩笑? |
[14:25] | After Dave got fired, Linda kicked him out and filed for divorce. | 大维被解雇后 琳达把他赶出去并申请离婚 |
[14:30] | He moved back in with his parents. He’s lucky he’s not injail. | 于是他搬回去跟父母住 没进监狱算他走运了 |
[14:39] | Ethics are the basis of… We’ll pick up here next time. | 伦理是 我们下堂课再继续 |
[14:50] | Could I retake the last test? You want to retake it? | 我可不可以重考? 你要重考? |
[14:55] | I had to work late the night before. | 我前一天晚上去了工作 |
[15:00] | Now I have more life experience, I feel sorry for Mr McAllister. | 如今我多了点人生经验 我替麦考瑟老师感到悲哀 |
[15:04] | He’s stuck in the same little room, wearing the same clothes, – | 他每天困在同样的教室里 穿着同样的衣服 |
[15:10] | saying the exact same things year after year- | 年复一年说着同样的话 |
[15:14] | while his students go to college, move to big cities, – | 而他的学生上了大学 离开这里到大城市去 |
[15:18] | do great things and make loads of money. | 做更棒的工作 赚更多的钱 |
[15:22] | He’s got to be a littlejealous. | 他一定会有点妒忌 |
[15:26] | It’s like my mum says: “The weak always try to sabotage the strong. “ | 就像我妈妈常说的 弱者总会试图阻碍强者 |
[15:31] | It’s important to know that I’m an only child. | 你必须知道我是个独生女 |
[15:35] | My mum is really devoted to me. I love her so much. | 我妈非常尽力的栽培我 我非常爱她 |
[15:39] | She wants me to do all the things that she couldn’t. | 她想要我完成所有 她未能完成的梦 |
[15:43] | Mum used to be a stewardess and now she works as a paralegal. | 她曾当过空姐 现在则是个律师助理 |
[15:48] | She likes to write letters to successful women – | 她喜欢写信给成功的女性 |
[15:52] | and ask them what advice do they have for her daughter. | 请她们给她的女儿一些忠告 |
[15:58] | They say you have to hold onto your dreams no matter what. | 她们的回答是 无论如何要坚持梦想 |
[16:02] | You have to work hard and not let anything stand in your way. | 你必须努力不让任何东西 挡住你的去路 |
[16:09] | Hey, put those back! Eat me. | 拿回来 谁理你 |
[16:14] | But winning isn’t everything. | 但获胜并不是全部 |
[16:17] | Ethical conduct is more important. Just ask Mr McAllister. | 道德行为更加重要 不信你问麦考瑟老师 |
[16:22] | Mr McAllister, wait up! | 麦考瑟老师 等一下 |
[16:27] | Mr McAllister, don’t go. | 麦考瑟老师 别走 |
[16:32] | I got all my signatures. There’s 158, way more than I need. | 我的连署签名完成了 有158人 远超过我所需要的 |
[16:36] | Super. Here they are. | 真厉害 在这里 |
[16:39] | I’ll take a look at them tomorrow. | 我明天早上看 |
[16:42] | Could you approve them now? I’d like to start campaigning in the morning. | 你可以现在批准吗? 我想明天一早开始竞选活动 |
[16:55] | Yeah, those look good to me. Aren’t you supposed to keep them? | 好 我看没有问题 不是应该缴给你吗? |
[17:00] | No, that’s fine. You’re supposed to keep them. | 不用了 这应该是给你的 |
[17:06] | Right, fine. Thanks for everything. | 好吧 谢谢你的帮忙 |
[17:14] | I can’t wait to start campaigning. | 我等不及开始宣传了 |
[17:19] | So far there’s no competition. | 目前为止没有人跟你竞争 |
[17:22] | Coca-Cola spend more money than anybody on advertising. | 可口可乐的广告经费 比其他各厂牌要多 |
[17:28] | I guess that’s how they stay number one. | 我想这是他们维持第一的原因 |
[17:32] | Yeah… Good luck there, Tracy. | 祝你好运 崔西 |
[17:37] | When I win the presidency, we’ll be spending a lot of time together. | 我当选会长后 我们会有很多时间相处 |
[17:44] | I would like that time to be harmonious and productive. | 我希望我们的共事 能够和谐且成果丰硕 |
[17:50] | Wouldn’t you? Sure. | 你不希望吗? 当然希望 |
[17:56] | Okay, that’s what I thought. I was just checking. | 那就好 我想也是 我只是随口问问 |
[18:00] | Good luck, Tracy. Okay. | 祝你好运 崔西 谢谢 |
[18:09] | I don’t blame Tracy for the trouble with Dave. Dave was an adult. | 大维惹的麻烦我并不怪崔西 因为大维是个成年人 |
[18:16] | She got on my nerves, but I admired Tracy. | 虽然我觉得她很烦人 但还是挺钦佩她的 |
[18:24] | Thank God for Diane. She was my source of love and strength. | 感谢老天有黛安 她是我爱与力量的泉源 |
[18:29] | We’d had bumpy times, but we’d always seen them through. | 我们之间也有过不顺利 但总能够渡过 |
[18:34] | After nine years of marriage, we were closer than ever. | 九年的婚姻生活让我们 比以前更亲近 |
[18:40] | Anything wrong? No… just school. | 哪里不对劲吗? 没有 是学校的事 |
[18:51] | When I win the presidency, we’ll be spending a lot of time together. | 我当选会长后 我们会有很多时间相处 |
[18:57] | Lots of time. | 很多很多的时间 |
[19:01] | President and advisor. Harmonious and productive. | 学生会长与顾问 和谐且成果丰硕 |
[19:07] | Close and special. You and I. | 亲密且特殊 你跟我 |
[19:45] | Crystal, what are you doing here? I’ve come to see the big game. | 克莉丝 你来这里做什么? 我来看球赛的 |
[19:51] | What if coach Henderson walks in? I’d take care of him. | 万一韩森教练进来怎么办? 我已经收拾他了 |
[19:56] | What are you reading? I’mjust reviewing my play book. | 你在看什么? 复习我的笔记 |
[20:01] | We can practise. You be quarterback. I’ll be tight end. | 我们来练习吧 你当四分卫 我来做边锋 |
[20:18] | Coca-Cola is the world’s number-one soft drink. | 可口可乐是世界第一的饮料厂 |
[20:32] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[20:46] | I was so mad at God when I broke my leg at Shadow Ridge. | 当我度假摔断腿时 我非常怨恨上天 |
[20:50] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:52] | The doctors told me I’d have to quit sports for a couple of years. | 医生说我必须暂停运动几年 |
[20:57] | No first-string quarterback. It was like the end of my life. | 无法再当四分卫 我的生命如同到了尽头 |
[21:02] | When I got back to school everyone was supportive – | 回到学校后大家都给我打气 |
[21:08] | but I couldn’t shake the feeling that now my life had no purpose. | 但我仍感到生活没有目标 |
[21:13] | What did God want from me? Why did I exist? | 老天为何要这样对我? 我为何要活着? |
[21:17] | You can search everywhere for answers. | 你可以到处寻找答案 |
[21:21] | Then one day, destiny just walks up and taps you on the shoulder. | 突然有一天 命运的手轻拍我的肩膀 |
[21:25] | I know because it happened to me. | 就这么发生在我身上 |
[21:30] | Paul, can I speak to you? | 保罗 可以跟你谈谈吗? |
[21:33] | Mr McAllister changed my life. | 麦考瑟老师改变了我的生命 |
[21:36] | No matter what they say he did, I believe he is a good man. | 不管别人说他做了什么 我深信他是个好人 |
[21:42] | You’ve been pretty down since your accident. | 自从事故发生后你一直很沮丧 |
[21:46] | I wanted to play football again so bad I could taste it. | 我想打橄榄球想得快疯了 |
[21:51] | Go on to the playoffs… I understand disappointment. | 我还想参加季后赛 我了解你的失望 |
[21:56] | I personally think you have a very bright future ahead of you. | 我个人倒觉得 你的前途还是很光明的 |
[22:01] | I’m not talking about sports. What do you mean? | 我指的不是运动 什么意思? |
[22:07] | You’re a natural leader. You’re one of our most popular students. | 你是天生的领袖人物 学校最有人缘的学生 |
[22:12] | And you don’t crack under pressure, as we all saw in the Westside game. | 你不会因压力而崩溃 看你跟西城比赛的表现就知道 |
[22:19] | All the kids look up to you. What does that spell? | 所有人都很尊敬你 这代表了什么? |
[22:28] | Student council president. | 学生自治会长 |
[22:33] | Who me? No… I don’t know anything about that stuff. | 我?不 我不懂那些事 |
[22:40] | That’s Tracy Flick’s thing. She’s a real go-getter. | 那要崔西佛立克才行 她的确是很积极 |
[22:46] | And she’s super nice. Yeah. | 而且她的人很好 没错 |
[22:50] | But one person assured of victory undermines democracy. | 但当一个人理所当然的获胜 却破坏了民主精神 |
[22:56] | That would be more like a dictatorship. | 就有点像是独裁政治了 |
[23:00] | What’s your favourite fruit? Pears. | 你最喜欢吃什么水果? 梨子 |
[23:05] | Good, let’s say… Wait! | 好 这里有 等一下 |
[23:10] | Apples. Apples. Fine. | 苹果好了 苹果 好 |
[23:14] | Let’s say all you ever knew were apples. | 当你只知道苹果一种水果 |
[23:21] | You might think apples were good, even if some were rotten. | 你觉得苹果很好吃 即使有些是烂苹果 |
[23:25] | But one day, there’s an orange. Now you can make a decision. | 但有一天橘子出现了 现在你可以选择 |
[23:31] | Do you want an apple or an orange? That’s democracy. | 你可以选择苹果或橘子 这才叫做民主 |
[23:36] | I also like bananas. Exactly. Good. | 我也喜欢吃香蕉 这就对了 说得好 |
[23:41] | What do you say? Give a little something back. | 怎么样?作出一些贡献吧 |
[23:45] | How’s that? Just a little higher. | 这样如何? 再高一点点 |
[23:52] | Eric, you can’t put tape on the outside of the poster! | 艾立克 不能把胶带 贴在海报正面 |
[23:57] | You’d better take the whole thing down and redo it. | 你最好拆下来重贴一次 |
[24:16] | Who put you up to this? What do you mean? | 是谁怂恿你的? 你说什么? |
[24:21] | You suddenly decided to run for president? | 你为何突然间要参选? |
[24:25] | I just thought… | 我只是想 |
[24:29] | I told Mr McAllister that I want to do something for the school. | 我跟麦考瑟老师说 我想为学校做点事 |
[24:36] | Mr McAllister asked you to run? I talked to him. | 麦考瑟老师要你参选? 我跟他谈过 |
[24:41] | He thought it was a good idea. | 他认为这想法不错 |
[24:44] | He said that there’s all different kinds of fruits. | 他说了一些不同的水果 |
[24:48] | Tracy, you’re the best. I just thought… | 崔西 你是最佳人选 我只是想 |
[24:52] | Okay, you’re on, Mr Popular. | 好 一起竞选吧 万人迷先生 |
[24:57] | Paul Metzler didn’t upset me. Nothing was further from the truth. | 保罗麦兹勒并未扰乱我的计划 事实摆在眼前 |
[25:03] | He was no competition for me. | 他根本争不过我 |
[25:06] | I just had to work a little harder. | 我只需要再努力一点 |
[25:10] | I believe in the voters. This isn’t a popularity contest. | 我对选民有信心 这又不是最佳人缘选拔 |
[25:16] | They know this country was built by people who work very hard. | 大家都知道这个国家是由 辛苦努力的人建立起来的 |
[25:22] | Not everyone has everything handed to them. | 成功不是人人随手可得的 |
[25:25] | Not like some rich kids whose fathers own Metzler Cement- | 不是每个人都像 麦兹勒水泥厂有钱的小开般 |
[25:30] | and give them trucks and throw them big parties. | 他只会开车子 开舞会狂欢 |
[25:34] | They don’t ever have to work hard. They just waltz right in – | 他根本不需要努力 什么都是垂手可得 |
[25:40] | and take what other people have worked hard for all their lives. | 并夺走别人终生辛苦的成果 |
[25:47] | No, it didn’t bother me at all. | 不 我一点也不会介意 |
[25:53] | Paul Power. | 保罗 力量 |
[25:57] | Paul for president. | 保罗竞选会长 |
[26:01] | Promise, progress, peanut. | 保证 进步 花生 |
[26:45] | What? I told you. I can’t. | 怎么了? 我说过我没办法 |
[26:49] | It just doesn’t feel right anymore. | 我就是感觉不对劲 |
[26:53] | But I love you. | 可是我爱你 |
[26:57] | I said, no! | 我说不要了 |
[27:01] | Tammy, guess what happened today? Don’t you fucking knock? | 泰咪 你猜今天发生什么事 你他妈的不会敲门吗? |
[27:05] | Hi, Lisa. Get out, Paul. | 你好 丽莎 出去 保罗 |
[27:08] | Mr McAllister tells me… I’ve got to go. | 麦考瑟老师要我 我要走了 |
[27:14] | You dumb shit! What did I do? | 你这个讨厌鬼 我哪里犯着你了? |
[27:18] | It’s not like I’m a lesbian. I’m attracted to the person. | 我并不是同性恋 我也会被人吸引 |
[27:22] | It’sjust seem to only be attracted to girls. | 只是吸引我的人 碰巧都是女人罢了 |
[27:28] | Lisa, wait. | 丽莎 等一下 |
[27:32] | Stop! | 别走 |
[27:37] | Where are you going? I’m not like you. | 你要去哪里? 我不像你 |
[27:42] | What do you mean? I’m not a dyke. We’re not in love. | 什么意思? 我不是同性恋 我们没相爱 |
[27:48] | We’re just… experimenting. | 我们只是在做实验 |
[28:05] | How can something that seemed so true turn out to be such a lie? | 为何如此真实的感觉 到头来却成为谎言? |
[28:15] | Lisa and I were destined to be together. | 丽莎和我注定要在一起的 |
[28:19] | Of all the people on the planet, somehow we found each other. | 在地球这么多人里头 我们遇上了 |
[28:24] | It was like a miracle. | 这简直是个奇迹 |
[28:29] | We had so much fun together. Like the time we ate asparagus – | 我们在一起有多么开心 像上次我们拼命吃芦笋 |
[28:33] | to see how long it takes before your pee smells funny. | 看多久时间能让小便味道改变 |
[28:37] | It was very scientific. For me it was 11 minutes, for her it was 17. | 这非常具科学精神 我是11分钟 她是17分钟 |
[28:43] | Every day I found a new way to tell Lisa how much I loved her. | 每一天我都能用不同方式 告诉丽莎我爱她 |
[28:49] | If you died, I’d dive into one of my dad’s cement trucks – | 如果你死了 我就跳进我爸的水泥搅拌车 |
[28:53] | and get poured into your tomb. | 随水泥倒进你的坟墓 |
[28:58] | But the closer we got, the more she pulled away. | 但我们越亲密 她却越退却 |
[29:03] | Are you crazy. These are private. These are for us. | 你疯了吗? 这是我们私人的照片 |
[29:08] | Other people can see them here. I don’t care. | 贴在这里会被其他人看到 我不在乎 |
[29:11] | I do! | 我在乎 |
[29:16] | What did I do to make her change? | 我做了什么让她改变态度? |
[29:20] | What’s wrong with me? | 我到底有什么问题? |
[29:25] | Sometimes when I’m sad, I sit and watch the power station. | 有时当我难过时 我会呆坐望着发电厂 |
[29:30] | They say that if you lie between the main wires, your body evaporates. | 有人说假如你躺在主电缆中间 你的身体就会被蒸发掉 |
[29:35] | You become a gas. I wonder what that would feel like. | 你会变成气体 我真想知道那是什么感觉 |
[29:48] | Lisa decided that she wanted to hurt me. | 丽莎决定了要伤害我 |
[29:53] | And she knew exactly what to do. | 而且丝毫不留情 |
[29:57] | Lisa Flannigan asked me for a ride home and ended up blowing me. | 丽莎福列根要我载她回家 结果却替我口交 |
[30:04] | I’ve wanted this for so long. | 我好久以前就想这么做 |
[30:08] | Life is so weird. Lisa has a fight with my sister, – | 人生真的很奇怪 丽莎跟我妹妹吵了一架 |
[30:13] | and the next thing you know she’s my girlfriend. | 却变成了我的女朋友 |
[30:17] | She offered to help with the public relations for my campaign. | 她自愿替我的竞选活动作公关 |
[30:22] | We made a great team. It seemed so natural, the two of us together. | 我们合作得十分愉快 很自然地就在一起 |
[30:27] | It was like a miracle. | 这简直是个奇迹 |
[30:32] | My leg was okay and the weather was so nice. | 我的腿伤不再困扰我 天气又这么好 |
[30:36] | After school, we’d go to Lisa’s house to fuck and have a hot tub. | 放学后我们会去丽莎家 做爱后泡个热水澡 |
[31:01] | If that’s the way they wanted it, that’s how it would be. | 如果他们要如此逼我 那就只好这样了 |
[31:05] | But I wasn’t going down without a fight. | 我是不会不战而败的 |
[31:14] | Tammy, what are you doing? | 泰咪 你在做什么? |
[31:19] | Stop her. She’s not qualified. She’s just a sophomore. | 阻止她 她资格不符 她只是高二生 |
[31:23] | Calm down. | 别激动 |
[31:26] | Can we both run? We’re brother and sister. | 我们两个能同时参选吗? 我们是兄妹 |
[31:30] | It’s a conflict of interest. She got her signatures in. | 这样会有利益冲突 她已经交出连署签名了 |
[31:40] | These are a bunch of burn-outs. This one is illegible. | 这些人全是坏蛋 这个签名根本看不清楚 |
[31:45] | Tim Cobzer. | 提姆卡哲 |
[31:47] | She wants to get back at me. For what? | 她是要报复我 为什么? |
[31:51] | I mean, at you. For what? | 我是说 报复你 报复什么? |
[31:54] | Tim Cobzer? I’ve never even heard of him. | 提姆卡哲?没听过这号人物 |
[31:59] | We’ll have the assembly tomorrow. | 我们明天会开全校集会 |
[32:03] | Everyone can make their speeches. | 每个人都要发表演说 |
[32:08] | You’re scaring him. He likes it… Not that much. | 你吓着他了 他喜欢这样 |
[32:14] | Around that time, Diane and I were seeing a lot of Linda Novotny. | 那段时间里 黛安跟我常去陪琳达 |
[32:19] | Giving her love and support and helping her in a difficult time. | 给她关爱与支持 并帮助她渡过难关 |
[32:29] | We really wanted to have kids, but there was always a reason to wait. | 我们也很想要小孩 但总是时候未到 |
[32:36] | She had to finish nursing school, I had to get my masters… | 黛安得念完护校 我得取得硕士学位 |
[32:41] | Finally, we decided to go for it. | 最后我们决定要生了 |
[32:44] | Are you going to do it? | 你下定决心吗? |
[32:47] | For over a year we hadn’t had any luck. | 努力了一年还是没结果 |
[32:51] | Come on, do it. Fill me up. | 快点 加油 快进来 |
[32:55] | Come on. Fill me up. Fill me up. | 加油 满足我 |
[33:06] | Okay. | 好了 |
[33:13] | Good job. | 干得好 |
[33:22] | Jim, can you get this? | 吉姆 帮我开好吗? |
[33:27] | Yeah, sure. Just put it on the table. | 没问题 放在桌上就行 |
[33:36] | Linda needed a lot of help around the house. | 琳达需要人帮忙家里的事 |
[33:40] | Here? No, more this way. | 这里好吗? 不 过去一点 |
[33:47] | Here? Yeah, that’s good. | 这里吗? 好 就这里 |
[33:54] | I’d always liked Linda, but we’d never been alone together. | 我一直很喜欢琳达 但我们没有独处过 |
[34:01] | With Dave out of the picture, I began to see how great she was. | 没有大维在旁边 我开始发现到琳达很迷人 |
[34:08] | We got to be kind of buddies. Once I even took her to the mall. | 我们逐渐像熟朋友一样 我甚至带她去逛街 |
[34:17] | What do you think? You look great. | 你觉得如何? 你很漂亮 |
[34:22] | I can’t afford this stuff now. You’ve had a hard year. | 我现在花不起这种钱 你这一年过得够辛苦了 |
[34:26] | You’re cooped up all the time with the kid. Live a little. | 老是被孩子绑着 偶尔要有自己的生活 |
[34:35] | Should we get a room? Should we get a what? | 我们该去开个房间吗? 开什么? |
[34:52] | That’s not funny. | 别开玩笑了 |
[35:02] | How did it go? Fine. We just went to Westfoods. | 玩得如何? 还好 我们去了惠福商场 |
[35:09] | Did you guys have fun? Yeah. | 开心吗? 开心 |
[35:15] | I mean, you know… What? | 我想 怎么了? |
[35:19] | Linda’s great, but she can be a little bit much sometimes. | 琳达人是不错 但有时候不太容易应付 |
[35:28] | God, just like that. Yeah. | 就是这样 对 |
[35:31] | Fill me up. | 满足我 |
[35:35] | Yeah, fill me up! | 对 满足我 |
[35:40] | God, just like that. Yeah, fill me up. | 对 就是这样 满足我 |
[35:48] | God, just like that. Do it, Jim. Fuck me. | 老天 就是这样 快 吉姆 上我 |
[35:52] | Do it, Jim. Just like that. Fill me up. | 就是这样 吉姆 满足我 |
[35:58] | Just like that. Do it, Mr M. Fuck me. | 就是这样 麦老师 上我 |
[36:03] | Fuck me hard, Mr McAllister. Harder. | 用力点 麦考瑟老师 用力点 |
[36:07] | Fuck me harder, please. | 用力点 求求你 |
[36:13] | My life was going pretty well- | 我的生活还算如意 |
[36:18] | until things started going haywire with that damn election. | 直到这场可恶的选举混仗开始 |
[36:21] | I love Carver High and I will be a dedicated vice-president. | 我热爱卡佛高中 我会尽责做个副会长 |
[36:28] | Vote for Jerry Slavin and good government. | 请投杰利史拉文 组成好的自治会 |
[36:31] | Even if I can’t really stand up for you, I will. | 就算我不能代表你们 我也会努力为大家服务 |
[36:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[36:43] | Thank you. Jerry is running unopposed for vice-president. | 谢谢你 杰利 杰利是副会长的唯一候选人 |
[36:49] | We’ll move on now to the three presidential candidates. | 接下来由会长候选人发表演说 |
[36:55] | The first, in alphabetical order, is Tracy Flick. | 以姓氏排列顺序 第一位是崔西佛立克 |
[37:08] | Henry David Thoreau once wrote: | 亨利梭罗曾说过 |
[37:11] | “I cannot make my days longer, so I strive to make them better.” | 我无法延长我的生命 因此我努力使它更美好 |
[37:15] | At Carver we have an opportunity to make our school days better. | 身在卡佛 我们有机会 使学校的生活更美好 |
[37:21] | During this campaign, I’ve heard many of your concerns. | 在这场选战里 我听到许多同学的心声 |
[37:27] | Eliza Ramirez says she feels alienated from her own homeroom. | 一年级的艾丽莎说 她在班里感到被孤立 |
[37:32] | Reggie Banks, whose mother works in the cafeteria – | 雷吉说 他的母亲在自助餐厅工作 |
[37:37] | and can’t afford to buy him books. | 买不起他的课本 |
[37:40] | Eat me. Eat me raw. | 无聊 无聊透顶 |
[37:48] | If you can’t be adults, and give these candidates some courtesy, – | 假如你们不能成熟地 给这些候选人基本的尊重 |
[37:54] | you don’t deserve to be called adults, but children. | 那你们就不配成为大人 而是小孩子 |
[37:59] | And you’ll be treated like children. Let’s all listen up. | 别怪人家把你们当小孩子看 大家好好听着 |
[38:07] | I care about Carver and about each and every one of you. | 我关心学校 也关心你们所有人 |
[38:12] | Together we can make a difference. | 我们可以同心改造学校 |
[38:15] | Cast your vote for Tracy Flick, and you won’t just be voting for me. | 把票投给崔西佛立克 不只是把票投给我 |
[38:20] | You’ll be voting for yourself and every other student at Carver. | 也是投给你们自己 投给这里的每个学生 |
[38:25] | Our days might not be any longer but they can sure be better. | 也许我们不会在这里待更久 但我们一定可以过得更好 |
[38:38] | The next candidate is Paul Metzler. | 下一位候选人是保罗麦兹勒 |
[39:16] | When I broke my leg this year, it made me re-evaluate my life. | 去年我摔断腿时 让我对人生有了新的想法 |
[39:22] | I want to help people and this school. | 我想要帮助他人与我们的学校 |
[39:27] | It’s our second home, where we grow as individuals. | 这里是我们第二个家 是我们长大成人的地方 |
[39:32] | I want our school to reach its true potential. | 我想要学校真正发挥它的潜力 |
[39:37] | That’s why I’m running for president. I can fight hard. | 因此我参选学生会长 我有坚强的奋斗力 |
[39:41] | Like when I threw the fourth-quarter pass that beat Westside. | 就像我在比赛中奋力一掷 击败了西城队 |
[39:48] | I won’t let you down. We can all score a winning touchdown together. | 我不会让你们失望 我们可以共同达阵成功 |
[39:53] | Vote Paul Metzler for President. Thank you. | 请支持保罗麦兹勒当学生会长 谢谢 |
[40:09] | The final presidential candidate is another of the Metzler clan. | 最后一位候选人 同样来自麦兹勒家 |
[40:17] | Tammy Metzler. | 泰咪麦兹勒 |
[40:33] | People! | 同学们安静 |
[40:40] | Who cares about this stupid election? | 谁在乎这愚蠢的选举? |
[40:49] | We all know it doesn’t matter who gets elected president. | 我们都很清楚 不论谁当选会长都没用 |
[40:54] | Do you really think it’s going to change anything? | 你们真的以为 会有任何改变吗? |
[40:58] | Will it make one single person smarter, happier or nicer? | 能让任何一个人更聪明 更快乐或者更亲切吗? |
[41:05] | The only person it matters to is the one who gets elected. | 唯一有影响的 只有当选的那个人 |
[41:09] | The same pathetic charade happens every year. | 每年都要举行这一场 可悲的游戏 |
[41:13] | Just so someone gets to put it on their college transcript. | 好让某些人把功绩 登录在进大学的成绩单上 |
[41:20] | Vote for me. I don’t even want to go to college. | 投我吧 我根本不想进大学 |
[41:25] | As president, I won’t do anything. | 假如我当选 我什么事也不做 |
[41:29] | The only promise I’ll make is to dismantle the student government – | 我只承诺一件事 就是把学生自治会解散 |
[41:35] | so we’ll never have another of these stupid assemblies. | 这样我们就不用再参加 这种无聊的集会 |
[41:48] | Tammy! Tammy! | 泰咪 |
[41:55] | Or don’t vote for me. Who cares? Don’t vote at all. | 不投我也无所谓 谁稀罕? 干脆大家都别投票了 |
[42:18] | Close the door. | 把门关上 |
[42:21] | That bitch made a fool out of us. I want her out of this election. | 那丫头根本在耍我们 我要让她退出选举 |
[42:27] | Getting everyone all riled up. She’s washed up. Finished. | 她煽动了所有人 到此为止 我要她完蛋 |
[42:32] | We can’t stop herjust because we don’t like her speech. | 我们不能因为不满意她的演说 就阻止她参选 |
[42:39] | Yeah, whatever. But she’s a troublemaker. She’s on my list. | 随你怎么说 她光会惹麻烦 我要把她列在黑名单上 |
[42:45] | All we need to do is send a message. We should just suspend her. | 只要警告她一下就够了 就罚她停学好了 |
[42:52] | That’s it! She’s suspended for three days. | 就这么办 罚她停学三天 |
[43:00] | Suspension is like a vacation. Why do they think it’s a punishment? | 停学就好像放假一样 为什么他们说这是处罚? |
[43:05] | If your dog pees on the carpet, do you give him a treat? | 假如你的狗在地毯上撒尿 你会给它点心吃吗? |
[43:09] | Then you get into trouble for skipping school. | 你翘课会惹上麻烦 |
[43:13] | Hendricks said next time I’d be expelled. It sounded good to me. | 韩德瑞说下次再犯我会被退学 这样才好 |
[44:19] | Hi, Tammy. | 泰咪 |
[44:23] | What do you want? I got all your assignments. | 你要做什么? 我帮你拿作业回来 |
[44:28] | Last time you got suspended you fell so far behind. | 上次你被停学课业落后不少 |
[44:35] | Thanks a lot, Paul. Sure, you bet. | 多谢了 保罗 不客气 |
[44:40] | Now could you leave me alone? Yeah. | 现在你可以走了吗? 好 |
[44:44] | There’s just one other thing. All this election stuff… | 还有一件事 有关选举 |
[44:49] | Everyone’s saying it’s really weird you’re running against me. | 大家都觉得很奇怪 你为何要与我对抗 |
[44:54] | You never really told me why you’re doing it. | 你也从来没告诉我原因 |
[44:58] | But that’s okay. I respect your privacy. | 不过没关系 我尊重你的隐私 |
[45:03] | I want you to know that no matter who wins, there’s no hard feelings. | 我只想告诉你 不管谁赢 我们彼此间都不会伤感情 |
[45:08] | We’re still brother and sister, even though you’re adopted. | 我们还是兄妹 尽管你是养女 |
[45:13] | I hope you feel the same. | 希望你也有同样想法 |
[45:20] | What happened at the speeches was a travesty. | 演说发表简直是一场闹剧 |
[45:23] | That little bitch isn’t going to make a fool out of me. | 那个小贱人别想害我出丑 |
[45:29] | If all those cheering students only knew how hard I worked. | 那些欢呼的学生 哪里知道我的辛苦 |
[45:34] | The nights spent on the yearbook, giving them their stinking memories. | 我花了多少时间编辑纪念册 好让他们留下回忆 |
[45:43] | I had to clean up the group photos. | 我的工作包括修补团体照片 |
[45:46] | A cinch with our new software. | 用新软体做起来很简单 |
[45:52] | People are so ungrateful. | 但人总是不懂得感激 |
[49:25] | The day before the election, things started to get really complicated. | 选举前一天 事情开始变得复杂 |
[49:30] | There’s your culprit. | 祸首找到了 |
[49:33] | Linda had asked me to stop by to help with a plumbing problem. | 琳达找我顺路帮她修修水管 |
[49:39] | Did you know Dave’s a bed-wetter? No, I didn’t know that. | 你知道大维尿床吗? 我不知道 |
[49:45] | All his life. He’s tried everything. | 一辈子改不了 什么方法都试过 |
[49:51] | Is that still running clear? Yeah. | 水流得还顺畅吗? 很好 |
[49:55] | Better let it run for a while. | 最好再让它流一会儿 |
[49:59] | Wait. Here, this one’s clean. | 等一下 这是干净的 |
[50:08] | I guess you’d better get to work. You’re going to be late. | 你得上班去 不然要迟到了 |
[50:25] | Thank you, Jim. | 谢谢你 吉姆 |
[50:41] | Itjust happened. Neither of us planned it. | 事情就这么发生了 我们谁也没预期到 |
[50:46] | But once we started, we knew there was no turning back. | 但我们知道一旦开始 就没有回头的余地了 |
[50:51] | It was a miracle. | 这简直是个奇迹 |
[51:08] | Take me to that motel. Now? | 带我去开房间吧 现在? |
[51:12] | Come by after school. I’ll leave Darryl with a sitter. | 学校放学后 我找保母来带小孩 |
[51:17] | 3:25. Okay, 3:25. | 三点二十五分 好 三点二十五分 |
[51:30] | What had blossomed between Linda and me was too powerful to deny. | 我和琳达之间的情愫 强烈得无法否认 |
[51:35] | For the first time in years, I felt free and alive. | 这么多年来我首次 感觉到奔放和充满生气 |
[52:08] | It’s not fair. Who would do something like that? | 太不公平了 谁会做这种事? |
[52:14] | It must be a mistake, like a maintenance thing. | 或许是维修清洁工弄错了 |
[52:19] | Where the hell have you been? Nowhere. | 你到哪里去了? 哪里也没去 |
[52:23] | I don’t teach until second period. I tried you at home. | 我第二节才有课 我打电话去你家了 |
[52:29] | If Paul loses, we want another election. | 如果保罗落选 我们要求重新选举 |
[52:33] | Somebody tore down their posters. They cost us a lot of money. | 有人撕掉了他们的海报 那些海报花了很多钱 |
[52:39] | We’ll get to the bottom of it. We still have some extra ones. | 我们会查清楚的 我们还有一些额外的海报 |
[52:43] | It was Tammy. She wouldn’t do that. | 一定是泰咪 她不会那么做的 |
[52:49] | That speech she gave, it was out there. | 听她的演说内容 她的确是有嫌疑 |
[52:54] | We’ll get to the bottom of it. You two focus on your studies. | 我们会查清楚的 你们两个专心上课 |
[53:00] | Mr McAllister will handle the whole thing. Right, Jim? | 麦考瑟老师会处理 是吧?吉姆 |
[53:05] | What’s that? Sure, you bet. | 你说什么?那当然 |
[53:18] | Tracy. | 崔西 |
[53:23] | Tracy, come on in. | 崔西 请进来 |
[53:26] | Close the door behind you. | 把门关上 |
[53:34] | Have a seat. | 坐下 |
[53:40] | You know why you’re here. | 你知道为什么被找来 |
[53:46] | If it’s about the posters, I think it’s a travesty. | 若是关于海报的事 我认为简直是胡闹 |
[53:51] | A travesty? That’s interesting… because I think you did it. | 胡闹?这倒有趣了 我认为是你撕的 |
[53:58] | What? | 什么? |
[54:02] | Are you accusing me? | 你在指控我吗? |
[54:05] | We’ve worked together for three solid years. | 枉费我们合作了三年 |
[54:09] | My own banner was torn down, too. | 何况我自己的标语也被撕了 |
[54:12] | Were you in the Looking Glass office over the weekend? | 你上周末是否待在编辑室? |
[54:17] | I was. Mr Pecharda let me in. | 没错 佩卡老师让我进去的 |
[54:21] | With my many responsibilities I have to come in on the weekend. | 我有职责在身 周末得到学校工作 |
[54:27] | I left early, around 6:30. 6:30? | 我很早就离开 大概六点半 六点半? |
[54:33] | How do you know what time the posters were torn down? | 你怎么知道海报几点被撕? |
[54:38] | I don’t, but they were there when I left. | 我不知道几点 但我离开时海报还在 |
[54:42] | I’m giving you helpful information. | 我只是提供你调查的线索 |
[54:45] | We should be trying to figure out who did this. | 我们应该合作查出是谁做的 |
[54:50] | Okay, who do you think did it? Whom should we interrogate? | 好 你觉得是谁? 我们该找谁来问? |
[54:56] | It could have been any of the subversive elements at Carver. | 可能是学校里一些破坏分子 |
[55:01] | Like Rick Thieson and those burn-outs. | 比如说瑞克提森 跟那些吸毒的人 |
[55:05] | What about Tammy Metzler? She’s anti this and anti that. | 还有泰咪麦兹勒 她总是反抗这个反抗那个的 |
[55:11] | You’re a very intelligent girl, with a lot of admirable qualities. | 你是个很聪明的女孩 有很多令人钦佩的优点 |
[55:17] | But being smart and doing whatever you need to do to get ahead – | 但聪明努力求上进的人 |
[55:23] | and stepping on other people… | 并不是踩在别人头上前进 |
[55:26] | There’s more to life than that. You’re only cheating yourself. | 人生还有比求胜更重要的事 你这样只是在欺骗自己 |
[55:34] | Why are you lecturing me? | 你为何对我说教? |
[55:37] | This isn’t the time or the place to get into it. | 我知道此时此地不该提那件事 |
[55:41] | But for one example, a certain former colleague of mine- | 但我要举此为例 某一位我以前的同事 |
[55:45] | made a very big mistake. | 他也犯了一个大错 |
[55:49] | I think the lesson here is that we all make mistakes. | 我们得到的教训是 任何人都会犯错 |
[55:54] | We have to learn that our actions can carry serious consequences. | 自己任何不慎的行为 都会导致严重的后果 |
[56:03] | Maybe if certain older, wiser people – | 若不是某位年长又聪明的人 |
[56:08] | hadn’t acted like little babies, then everything would be okay. | 行事如同小孩子一样 或许就没有事情会发生 |
[56:13] | I agree. And certain young and naive people – | 我同意 而那位年轻天真的人 |
[56:17] | should thank their lucky stars – | 应该庆幸自己很幸运 |
[56:21] | that the entire school didn’t find out about certain indiscretions – | 没有被全校的人发觉 她轻率的行为 |
[56:26] | that could have ruined their chances to win certain elections. | 足以使她的名誉受损 甚至失去当选学生会长的机会 |
[56:31] | Certain older people shouldn’t be leching after their students. | 我认为那些年长的人 不该对他的学生下手 |
[56:37] | Some can’t even get their own wives pregnant. | 有的人无法让自己老婆怀孕 |
[56:41] | And slanderous accusations shouldn’t be made to young, naive people – | 更不应该对天真的年轻人 做出诽谤性的指控 |
[56:46] | whose mothers are paralegal secretaries in successful law firms. | 特别是当她的母亲是 知名法律事务所助理 |
[56:52] | If you want to keep questioning me, I want my attorney present. | 如果你要继续质问我 我要求有律师在场 |
[57:01] | You wanted to see me? Wait outside, Tammy. | 你找我吗? 在外头等 泰咪 |
[57:06] | Is this about the posters? Possibly. Wait outside. | 是关于海报的事吗? 可能是 在外头等 |
[57:12] | Okay, because I know who did it. | 好 我知道是谁撕的 |
[57:15] | So I’ll just be outside. | 我就在外头等 |
[57:22] | Don’t go anywhere, Tracy. Tammy, come in here. | 崔西 别离开 泰咪你进来 |
[57:27] | This ought to be good. | 最好别乱说话 |
[57:32] | What do you have to tell me? | 你有什么话说? |
[57:35] | This is hard for me, but it’s important to be honest. | 我很难启齿 但做人要诚实 |
[57:40] | What is it, Tammy? I tore down Paul’s posters. | 什么事你说 是我撕掉保罗的海报 |
[57:47] | I did it. When did you do it? | 是我撕的 你何时撕的? |
[57:51] | Yesterday. Sunday. | 昨天 星期天 |
[57:54] | How did you get in? The door was open. | 你怎么进学校的? 门没有关 |
[58:00] | Which door? I don’t know. But I did it. | 哪一扇门 我不知道 反正是我撕的 |
[58:04] | I don’t believe you. I have proof. | 我不相信你的话 我有证据 |
[58:34] | Tracy, it looks like today is your lucky day. | 崔西 看来今天是你的幸运日 |
[58:39] | You’re off the hook. Tammy here has confessed. | 你没有嫌疑了 泰咪已经承认是她撕的 |
[58:54] | I told you. You’re going to pay for my poster. | 我早跟你说了 你要赔偿我的海报 |
[59:00] | Okay, easy now. Quit while you’re ahead. | 够了 别激动 别得理不饶人 |
[59:05] | The rest of the day was unbearable. I kept smelling Linda on my clothes. | 接下来的时间真难捱 我不断闻到衣服上琳达的香味 |
[59:11] | I couldn’t wait to get out of there. | 巴不得下班时间快到 |
[59:15] | I wanted everything to be perfect at the motel. | 我想将旅馆布置妥当 |
[59:20] | I decided to give myself some time to prepare during eighth period. | 我决定利用第八堂课的时间 |
[59:24] | Pop-quiz, everybody. | 临时小考 同学们 |
[59:27] | Put your stuff away. If you’ve done your reading this should be easy. | 把东西收起来 有念书就会觉得很简单 |
[59:33] | I had 48 minutes to arrange it all. | 我有48分钟的时间安排一切 |
[59:36] | If you finish early, sit quietly. I’ll be right back. | 写完考卷的人安静坐在教室 我马上就回来 |
[1:00:59] | Okay everybody, pass them forward. Stephanie, put your pen down. | 好了 考卷传上来 史帝芬妮 把笔放下 |
[1:01:05] | See you on Wednesday. Don’t forget to vote tomorrow. | 星期三见 明天别忘了要投票 |
[1:01:49] | Linda. | 琳达 |
[1:02:00] | Linda! | 琳达 |
[1:02:28] | Jesus! Oh, fuck! | 老天 他妈的 |
[1:02:41] | You’ve reached the Novotny’s. We’ll call you back real soon. | 这里是诺瓦尼家 请留言 我们会尽快回电 |
[1:02:48] | Linda, it’s me. If you’re there, pick up. | 琳达 是我 你在的话拿起话筒 |
[1:02:53] | It’s 4:32. I came by at 3:25, like we said. | 现在是四点三十二分 我三点二十五分去找过你 |
[1:03:02] | I waited there, but you weren’t there. | 等了一会儿 但你没出现 |
[1:03:08] | I’m at the place we talked about. | 我在我们说好的地方 |
[1:03:12] | Suite 246. | 246号房间 |
[1:03:15] | And I’m here. Everything is all set. | 我在这里 全都准备好了 |
[1:03:20] | So I hope you get here soon. Bye-bye. | 希望你快点来 再见 |
[1:03:31] | I just don’t get it. | 我真的不懂 |
[1:03:34] | What you have against your mother and me and Paul is beyond me. | 我不懂你为何要反抗你妈跟我 还有保罗 |
[1:03:40] | Your mother’s upset, she’s at the end of a rope. | 你妈妈很难过 她已经无计可施了 |
[1:03:44] | Your behaviour keeps getting crazier and wilder. | 你的行为越来越疯狂 越来越野 |
[1:03:49] | Who knows what the hell else you’re doing! | 谁知道你接下来会做什么 |
[1:03:53] | I just had a long conversation with Walt Hendricks. | 我刚跟韩德瑞校长谈了好久 |
[1:03:58] | I phoned him at home. | 还打电话到他家去 |
[1:04:01] | He doesn’t want you back at Carver. He’s fed up with you. | 他不要你继续留在卡佛 他受够了你的胡闹 |
[1:04:06] | And I don’t blame him. What? | 我不能怪他 怎么了? |
[1:04:09] | Tammy, your father and I have come to a decision. | 泰咪 你爸爸跟我决定了 |
[1:04:14] | You’re going to lmmaculate Heart. | 你要转学到净心中学去 |
[1:04:18] | Maybe the nuns will be able to straighten you out. | 也许修女们能够矫正你的行为 |
[1:04:22] | Is that funny? | 有什么好笑? |
[1:05:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:06:49] | Dear Lord Jesus, I do not often ask you for things – | 亲爱的上主 我不常向你提出要求 |
[1:06:54] | but I must insist you help me win the election tomorrow. | 但我坚定恳求你 助我赢得明天的选举 |
[1:06:57] | I deserve it and Paul Metzler doesn’t, as you know. | 这是我应得的 不该由保罗麦兹勒获胜 |
[1:07:02] | I realise it was your divine hand that disqualified Tammy Metzler. | 我知道是你神圣的手 将泰咪麦兹勒淘汰 |
[1:07:08] | Make sure you put me in office, so that I may carry out your will. | 求你让我当上学生会长 如此我才能执行你的旨意 |
[1:07:14] | Amen. | 阿们 |
[1:07:16] | God, I don’t believe in you, but I’m practising for Catholic school. | 上主 虽然我不信神 但我得在上天主教学校前练习 |
[1:07:23] | What do I want? | 我要求什么呢? |
[1:07:26] | I want Lisa to realise what a bitch she is and to apologise to me. | 我要丽莎了解她是个大贱人 并且向我道歉 |
[1:07:33] | I want Paul to win the election tomorrow, not that cunt Tracy. | 我要保罗赢得明天的选举 而不是崔西那臭婆娘 |
[1:07:39] | I also want a pair of expensive leather pants. | 我还想要一件昂贵的皮裤 |
[1:07:43] | And someday I want to be really good friends with Madonna. | 希望将来有一天 我能跟玛丹娜成为好朋友 |
[1:07:48] | Dear God, you’ve given me so many things. | 亲爱的天父 你赐与我很多东西 |
[1:07:53] | Good health, nice parents, a nice truck – | 健康的身体 很好的父母 很棒的车 |
[1:07:56] | and what I’m told is a large penis. I’m grateful. | 还有别人都说我的命根子很大 我真的很感激 |
[1:08:00] | But I’m worried about Tammy. I can’t believe she tore down my posters. | 但我很担心泰咪 我仍不信是她撕掉我的海报 |
[1:08:06] | But sometimes she gets so angry. Help her be a happier person. | 但她有时会愤世嫉俗 请帮助她成为快乐的人 |
[1:08:11] | She’s so smart and sensitive, and I love her so much. | 她很聪明又善解人意 我真的很爱她 |
[1:08:15] | I’m nervous about the election tomorrow. | 关于明天的选举 我有点紧张 |
[1:08:19] | I want to win, but I know it’s totally up to you. | 我想要获胜 但我知道要由你来决定 |
[1:08:23] | You’ll decide who the best person is. | 你会决定最佳人选 不管是谁我都会接受 |
[1:08:26] | Forgive me for my sins, whatever they may be. Amen. | 不管我犯了什么罪 请饶恕我的罪 |
[1:08:37] | Linda never came home. I waited outside her house for ten hours. | 琳达整晚没回家 我在她家外头等了十个钟头 |
[1:08:59] | Oh, God. | 老天爷 |
[1:09:33] | On election day, my mum and I customised 480 cupcakes. | 投票那天 我跟我妈 订制了480个小蛋糕 |
[1:09:46] | Good morning, Mr M. | 早安 麦考瑟老师 |
[1:09:52] | It looks like you could use a cupcake. | 看来你需要吃个小蛋糕 |
[1:10:02] | What happened to your eye? | 你的眼睛怎么了? |
[1:10:09] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[1:10:13] | “Mr McAllister, somebody tore down my poster. It’s not fair.” | 麦老师 有人撕了我的海报 真不公平 |
[1:10:18] | “Can I have an A? Can I have a recommendation?” | 可以给我甲等吗? 可以帮我写推荐函吗? |
[1:10:23] | Fuck them. | 去他们的 |
[1:10:46] | You’ve reached the Novotny’s. We’ll call you back soon. | 这里是诺瓦尼家 请留言 我们会尽快回电 |
[1:10:52] | Why did you do that? I trusted you completely. | 你为什么这么做? 我完全地相信你 |
[1:10:56] | You ruined my life, do you realise that? Do you? | 你可知道这样毁了我的生活? |
[1:11:01] | You ruined my life. Is that what you wanted? | 你毁了我的生活 这就是你要的吗? |
[1:11:06] | I’m sorry, I’m going nuts here. | 对不起 我快要发疯了 |
[1:11:11] | I really think we should talk. | 我觉得我们需要谈一谈 |
[1:11:14] | It’s Jim. I love you. | 我是吉姆 我爱你 |
[1:11:24] | We have an important announcement from our principal, Dr Hendricks. | 同学们请注意 韩德瑞校长有重要事项宣布 |
[1:11:33] | Good morning, students. | 早安 同学们 |
[1:11:36] | It behoves me to inform you of a change in today’s election. | 我必须通知你们 今天的选举有些变动 |
[1:11:42] | Tammy Metzler has been determined ineligible for SGA President. | 泰咪麦兹勒已被取消 学生会长候选人资格 |
[1:11:49] | All other candidates are eligible, but not Tammy Metzler. | 除了泰咪麦兹勒 其他候选人仍具资格 |
[1:11:57] | When the time came to vote, I stood in line like everyone else. | 投票时刻到来 我和其他人一起排队 |
[1:12:02] | Hi, Tracy. Tracy Enid Flick. | 你好 崔西 我是崔西佛立克 |
[1:12:20] | Ready, Phil? Yeah, I’m ready. | 好了没有?菲尔 准备好了 |
[1:12:31] | Thanks, Phil. | 谢谢 菲尔 |
[1:12:37] | Hey, Tracy. Isn’t this exciting? | 崔西 很令人兴奋是吧? |
[1:12:43] | Well, good luck. Thanks, Paul. | 祝你好运 谢谢 保罗 |
[1:12:48] | You, too. Thanks. | 也祝你好运 谢谢 |
[1:12:57] | It’s so weird. Do people always vote for themselves? | 我觉得很怪 每个候选人都投自己吗? |
[1:13:02] | Looking at my own name… | 看着选票上自己的名字 |
[1:13:05] | I don’t know… I just felt like it’s not right to vote for yourself. | 我总觉得投给自己不大对 |
[1:13:28] | Okay, Mr M. | 投票完成 麦考瑟老师 |
[1:13:33] | Let’s start counting. Okay, I’ll do the first count. | 开始计票吧 好 我先做第一次统计 |
[1:13:39] | You can do one of the two independent counts. | 然后再由你另行计票一次 |
[1:13:43] | Fine. Start with the president, and I’ll be right back. | 好 从学生会长开始 我马上就回来 |
[1:13:49] | You have the key. | 钥匙在你那里 |
[1:13:55] | Right. | 对了 |
[1:14:09] | Are you okay? What happened to your eye? | 你没事吧? 你的眼睛怎么了? |
[1:14:14] | I’m fine. It’s just a simple, little, everyday bee sting. | 我没事 只是被蜜蜂叮了一口 |
[1:14:20] | Some people get stung, it’s no big deal. Me, I swell up. | 有的人被叮一口不会怎样 我却是肿得老大 |
[1:14:24] | I’m pressed for time. I have other things going on too, you know? | 没时间穷蘑菇了 我还有别的事要做 |
[1:14:30] | Yeah, okay. We know. | 我们知道 |
[1:14:34] | All right, I’ll be right back. | 好了 我待会就回来 |
[1:14:41] | You’ve reached the Novotny’s. We’ll call you back real soon. | 这里是诺瓦尼家 请留言 我们会尽快回电 |
[1:14:47] | It’s me again. I’m sorry for all the messages. | 又是我 留下这么多留言 很抱歉 |
[1:14:52] | If I could just hear your voice. If you’d only acknowledge… | 我只想听听你的声音 如果你能了解 |
[1:14:56] | What do you want, Jim? You’re there. | 你想怎样?吉姆 你在家? |
[1:15:00] | Yeah, I’m here. Linda, I love you. | 对 我在 琳达 我爱你 |
[1:15:04] | You know that’s not true. It’s the only true thing I know. | 别这么说 那不是真的 我知道这是如假包换的 |
[1:15:10] | We made a mistake. That was no mistake. | 我们犯了错 我们没有犯错 |
[1:15:16] | You took advantage of me. I took advantage of you? | 我寂寞难耐 你占了我便宜 我占你便宜? |
[1:15:23] | You hugged me. You kissed me. You’re the one… | 是你拥抱我吻我 是你 |
[1:15:32] | Mr M, big day. Not now, Paul. | 麦考瑟老师 今天是大日子 现在没心情 保罗 |
[1:15:41] | What have you got? I’m not supposed to tell. | 结果如何? 我不能说的 |
[1:15:47] | You’ve got to make your count. You’re kidding, right? | 你得自行计票一次 开什么玩笑 |
[1:15:51] | I thought those were the rules. If they’ve changed… | 这不是规定的吗? 如果规定有更改 |
[1:15:55] | We’re not electing the fucking Pope. Just tell me who won. | 我们又不是在选教宗 只管告诉我谁赢了 |
[1:16:04] | It’s a squeaker. I’ve got Tracy by a vote. Just one vote. | 是险胜 崔西以一票之差获胜 |
[1:16:19] | Mr M… | 麦考瑟老师 |
[1:16:23] | Well, okay… | 好吧 |
[1:16:28] | I guess I’d better do my count. | 该我再计票一次了 |
[1:17:43] | At the end of my count, I had exactly the same numbers as Larry. | 我计票的结果跟赖利一样 |
[1:17:49] | 256 to 257. Tracy had won the election by a single vote. | 256票对257票 崔西以一票之差获得胜出 |
[1:17:58] | I was about to announce my tally when… | 正当我要宣布我的计票结果 |
[1:18:09] | The sight of Tracy affected me in a way I can’t fully explain. | 看见崔西狂喜的样子 给了我难以解释的感觉 |
[1:18:14] | Part of it was that she was spying… | 除了她偷看的行为 |
[1:18:18] | But mostly it was her face. | 更令人生厌的是她那张脸 |
[1:18:25] | Who knew how far she’d go in life, how much suffering she’d cause? | 谁知道她将有多大成就? 会造成多少人的痛苦? |
[1:18:31] | I had to stop her… Now. | 我必须立刻阻止她 |
[1:19:07] | Larry… I think we have a problem. | 赖利 我想我们有点问题了 |
[1:19:13] | 253 254 255 253, 245, 255. | |
[1:19:17] | I get the same as you, Jim. Paul’s our next president. | 我得到的数目跟你一样 吉姆 保罗是下一届会长 |
[1:19:22] | It doesn’t make sense. We both get the same figures. | 这样不对 我们两个计票的结果一样 |
[1:19:27] | 256 for Paul. 255 for Tracy. | 保罗256票 崔西255票 |
[1:19:32] | And 290 disregards. Mostly Tammy fans. | 290废票 大部分人支持泰咪 |
[1:19:39] | It doesn’t add up. There were 801 ballots, but 803 people voted. | 这与总数不符 有801张选票 但有803人投票 |
[1:19:43] | There must be two votes missing. Two people pocketed their ballots. | 一定有两张票遗失 有两个人把选票偷藏起来 |
[1:19:50] | They were there. I counted 803 votes. | 刚刚还在的 我明明数了803票 |
[1:19:54] | People make mistakes. I didn’t. | 人人都会出错 我没弄错 |
[1:19:57] | They were there when you sat down. I don’t like where you’re going. | 你坐下计票前时都还在 我不喜欢你的口气 |
[1:20:02] | Every vote was accounted for. That’s enough. End of story. | 每张票计算得清清楚楚 够了 到此为止 |
[1:20:31] | I just want to let you know that no matter how this turns out – | 我要告诉你 不管结果如何 |
[1:20:37] | you’ve run a great campaign. Good luck. | 你打了一场漂亮的选战 祝你好运 |
[1:20:40] | Thanks, Tracy. I’m just glad it’s over. | 谢谢你 崔西 我很高兴选战结束了 |
[1:20:47] | Let’s get started. When the winners are announced, we can all go home. | 我们开始宣布结果 宣布完优胜者大家就能回家了 |
[1:20:56] | In a contest so well fought it seems unfair to have a winner. | 在大家努力的竞争后 很遗憾只能有一位胜利者 |
[1:21:02] | Act surprised. Walk slowly to the podium. | 故作惊喜状 慢慢走向台前 |
[1:21:06] | Be modest. Thank them for this incredible honour. | 谦虚地感谢大家 赐与这份荣耀 |
[1:21:10] | They’re all highly qualified and embody the integrity – | 每位候选人都有资格胜利 因为他们展现了 |
[1:21:15] | that we expect from the school leadership. | 学生领袖应有的风范 |
[1:21:19] | The point of an election is to choose a winner. That you have done. | 但选举目的就是要选出优胜者 这是你们所作的决定 |
[1:21:24] | We’ll begin with the president. | 我们从学生会长开始宣布 |
[1:21:27] | This was an extraordinarily close race. | 投票结果票数非常的接近 |
[1:21:32] | I’d like to announce the next president of Carver High School: | 卡佛高中下一届学生会长是 |
[1:21:38] | Paul Metzler. | 保罗麦兹勒 |
[1:21:54] | Jeez, you guys, thanks! | 老天 谢谢你们 |
[1:21:59] | Thanks. I promise to do my best. I’ll be a good president. | 谢谢 我保证会尽我所能 当个好会长 |
[1:22:53] | Mr M is over there. | 麦考瑟老师在那里 |
[1:23:01] | This is so wild. We came here to celebrate my victory. | 我真是欣喜若狂 我跟爸妈来这里庆祝胜利 |
[1:23:06] | This is great. These are my parents. | 这真是太巧了 这是我的父母 |
[1:23:09] | Dick Metzler. Jo Metzler. | 我是迪克麦兹勒 乔麦兹勒 |
[1:23:13] | Paul thinks the world of you. He goes on and on. | 保罗老把你挂在嘴边 他一直说个不停 |
[1:23:17] | You’ve really helped him out. | 你真的帮了他很多 |
[1:23:20] | Paul doesn’t need any help from me. You should be very proud. | 保罗不需要我帮忙 你们应该以他为荣 |
[1:23:26] | We are. Come over and join us. | 我们是很高兴 何不过来一起用餐? |
[1:23:30] | I’m just finishing up. I’ve got to get home. | 不 我快吃完了 我还得回家 |
[1:23:35] | Why don’t you guys go sit down. | 我看你们先入座 |
[1:23:39] | I want to talk to Mr M. That sounds great. | 我有话跟麦考瑟老师说 好 |
[1:23:45] | It was sure nice to meet you. And thank you. | 很高兴见到你 谢谢你 |
[1:23:54] | I have some ideas about what we could do. | 我想到一些可以做的事 |
[1:23:59] | We could have a carnival with rides, for muscular dystrophy. | 我们在学校里装游乐园设施 让同学们锻练肌肉 |
[1:24:05] | On Halloween we could have a haunted house, a really good one. | 万圣节时弄个很恐怖的鬼屋 |
[1:24:10] | Not like those cheesy, bad ones. Super scary. | 不是那种简单的鬼屋 要很逼真能吓死人的 |
[1:24:14] | For homecoming… Last year’s theme was heaven on earth. | 至于校庆 去年的主题是人间仙境 |
[1:24:20] | This year… We can talk about this later. | 今年 这些我们以后再谈 |
[1:24:27] | Right now, I need to finish my pie and go on home. | 我现在得把派吃完然后回家 |
[1:24:34] | Okay. Sorry. Just one more thing: | 好 对不起 还有一件事 |
[1:24:42] | Do you think Tracy will be okay? I think she’s taking it pretty hard. | 你想崔西不会有事吧? 她好像受到很大的打击 |
[1:24:50] | Don’t worry about Tracy. She’ll be fine. | 别担心崔西 她不会有事的 |
[1:25:08] | Oh, sweetheart… | 乖女儿 |
[1:25:13] | Baby. Oh, baby… | 我的宝贝 |
[1:25:17] | Take one of my pills. You’ll feel better. | 吃一颗我的药丸 你会感觉舒服点 |
[1:25:23] | Here. | 来 |
[1:25:28] | Come on, baby. | 好了 别哭了 宝贝 |
[1:25:33] | Lie down. That’s a good girl. | 躺下来 这才乖 |
[1:25:37] | Lie down. Good girl. | 躺好 乖女儿 |
[1:25:42] | That’s it, baby. | 好了 宝贝女儿 |
[1:25:46] | That’s it, honey. | 别哭了 乖 |
[1:25:53] | Maybe you needed more posters, honey. | 可能是因为你的海报不够多 |
[1:25:58] | Or if you’d taken my suggestions about your speech… | 或者是你的演说稿 没采纳我的意见 |
[1:26:02] | I don’t know, we’ll figure it out. | 我也不知道 反正我们会弄清楚的 |
[1:26:17] | Diane… I’ve made a mistake. | 黛安 我犯了错 |
[1:26:30] | Did you want the same room? | 你要同一个房间吗? |
[1:26:35] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[1:27:07] | The next day, I resolved to get my life back on track. | 第二天我下定决心 要让生活回到正轨 |
[1:27:10] | The way I saw it, getting kicked out of the house was a good thing. | 我认为被赶出家门 未尝不是件好事 |
[1:27:16] | It was an opportunity. We needed a little time to work things out. | 这是个转机 我们需要点时间来解决问题 |
[1:27:23] | The election was behind me. The worst was over. | 选举一事已被我抛诸脑后 最糟的部分已经结束 |
[1:27:28] | What harm had really been done? Nobody was dead. | 还能造成什么伤害? 又没有人死 |
[1:27:37] | Jim, Walt wants to see you. | 吉姆 校长找你 |
[1:27:41] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[1:27:55] | You rang? | 找我吗? |
[1:28:00] | Mr McAllister, I hope you can help us clear something up. | 麦考瑟老师 这个你作何解释? |
[1:28:43] | I. Am. | 我 是 |
[1:28:47] | They. Are. | 他们 是 |
[1:28:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:28:56] | Signor Presedente, they want to see you in the office. | 会长先生 请到办公室去 |
[1:29:05] | Dr Hendricks? | 韩德瑞校长? |
[1:29:10] | Come on in, son. We have something hard we have to tell you. | 进来 有个坏消息要告诉你 |
[1:29:15] | Is it about Tammy? It’s about the election. | 是泰咪的事吗? 是关于选举结果 |
[1:29:22] | After Paul got the bad news, Walt asked for a word with me. | 我们告知保罗坏消息后 校长跟我谈了一下 |
[1:29:27] | It was simple. I offered my resignation, and he accepted. | 谈话内容很简单 我提出辞呈 他接受辞呈 |
[1:29:34] | Very quietly, it was all over for Jim McAllister at Carver High. | 吉姆麦考瑟在卡佛的教书生涯 就这么无声无息地结束了 |
[1:29:42] | Suddenly everyone knew who I was. | 突然间我一夕成名 |
[1:29:46] | The teacher who tried to crush the dreams of an innocent girl. | 成为蓄意破坏 天真女孩梦想的教师 |
[1:29:50] | All the good things I’d ever done in my life evaporated. | 我过去做的好事 全都消失不见 |
[1:29:55] | The wire services picked up on the story. | 加上新闻报导的散播 |
[1:29:58] | It was the kind of absurd news item that people talk about at work. | 成了人们茶余饭后 闲聊的荒谬趣闻 |
[1:30:04] | Diane started divorce proceedings. She was completely unforgiving. | 黛安开始申请离婚 她完全无法原谅我的外遇 |
[1:30:13] | She took almost everything, including the house. | 她几乎获得所有的财产 包括房子 |
[1:30:16] | I got the car. | 我只拿到车子 |
[1:30:36] | I realised it was time to get out of Omaha and move on. | 我心中明白该离开俄马哈 为往后打算 |
[1:30:48] | Senior year was great. I didn’t get to play ball or be president- | 高四生活很棒 我没踢球也没当会长 |
[1:30:53] | but I got elected homecoming king. | 但被选为校友代表 |
[1:30:56] | I got into Nebraska like I wanted. | 如愿地进入内布拉斯加大学 |
[1:31:00] | At the end of the year, I threw a Mexican party at the cement plant. | 毕业前我在水泥厂 开了一个墨西哥舞会 |
[1:31:05] | Shit, that was a good party! | 出色的派对 |
[1:31:08] | The only bad thing was Lisa. She dumped me. | 唯一遗憾的是 丽莎把我甩了 |
[1:31:13] | One minute we’re in love, the next she goes after Randy. | 前一分钟我们彼此相爱 转眼间她和蓝迪在一起 |
[1:31:19] | I wonder what would have happened if I’d won the election. | 假如我当选会长 不知道会是怎样的景况 |
[1:31:24] | Would my whole life be different? Would I never have gone to Yosemite? | 我的人生会改变吗? 我能到约塞密提吗? |
[1:31:30] | Or maybe I’d be dead. | 说不定我已经死了 |
[1:31:36] | Catholic school was great. | 天主教学校太棒了 |
[1:31:41] | The teachers kind of sucked, and were supposedly strict. | 这里的老师很讨厌 也如我预期的严格 |
[1:31:45] | But you could get away with murder. | 但你也可逍遥法外 |
[1:31:49] | The best thing about lmmaculate Heart was Jennifer. | 读净心中学最棒的是 遇见了珍妮佛 |
[1:32:10] | Jennifer and I are soulmates. We’re never going to be apart. | 珍妮佛跟我是心灵伴侣 我们永远都不要分开 |
[1:32:19] | Order! Order! | 肃静 |
[1:32:22] | Senior year was very productive. | 高四的生活收获很多 |
[1:32:26] | I was in the top seventh percentile of my graduating class. | 我的毕业成绩名列前茅 |
[1:32:32] | I got into Georgetown like I wanted… with scholarships. | 如愿拿到奖学金 进入乔治城大学就读 |
[1:32:39] | Sometimes I got lonely and I’d think about Dave. I missed our talks. | 偶尔我寂寞时会想到大维 我怀念我们的谈话 |
[1:32:45] | Maybe it could have worked out. I wonder what he’s doing now. | 也许当时我们可继续在一起 不晓得现在他在干什么? |
[1:32:53] | Maybe he finally finished his novel. | 说不定终于完成了他的小说 |
[1:32:57] | I had a myriad of accomplishments and a bright future – | 我有漂亮的成绩 和耀眼的未来 |
[1:33:02] | but I just didn’t feel right. | 但我却不觉得高兴 |
[1:33:05] | Everybody else seems so happy, signing each other’s yearbooks. | 其他人都兴高采烈地 拿着毕业纪念册签名 |
[1:33:11] | Hardly anybody signed mine. | 却很少人签我的 |
[1:33:14] | As president, you’d think I’d be surrounded by friends. | 人家总以为当了会长 就会有一大堆的朋友 |
[1:33:26] | As far as Mr McAllister was concerned, – | 至于麦考瑟老师 |
[1:33:30] | I hardly thought about him at all. | 我很少想到他 |
[1:33:33] | Nobody had heard from him. It was like he’d never existed. | 没有人知道他的消息 似乎从来没有这个人 |
[1:33:39] | Tracy Enid Flick. | 崔西佛立克 |
[1:33:44] | At Georgetown, I thought I’d finally be among people more like me. | 来到乔治城 我以为终于能找到同类 |
[1:33:49] | I was sure that finally I’d make some true friends. | 心想自己定能找到 一些知心的朋友 |
[1:33:55] | Excuse me, will you please be quiet! | 对不起 拜托你们安静点 |
[1:34:00] | It wasn’t like that at all. They werejust spoiled little rich kids. | 然而事实却不尽然 只有一些骄纵的富家子弟 |
[1:34:06] | I’ve come to accept that very few people are destined to be special. | 我慢慢接受了一个事实 与众不同的人毕竟是极少数 |
[1:34:12] | We’re solo flyers. It really is like Dave said: | 我们是独行侠 就像大维所说的 |
[1:34:16] | If you’re going to be great, you’ve got to be lonely. | 杰出的人总是寂寞的 |
[1:34:23] | What happens to a man when he loses everything? | 当一个男人失去一切会如何? |
[1:34:28] | Everything he’s worked for. Everything he believes in. | 失去了所有努力的成果 失去了所有的信念 |
[1:34:34] | Driven from his home. Cast out of society. | 远离他的家园 被放逐于社会之外 |
[1:34:39] | How can he survive? Where can he go? | 他要如何生存? 又能到哪里去呢? |
[1:34:44] | Right this way. | 请从这里走 |
[1:34:46] | New York City. | 就是纽约市 |
[1:34:58] | For centuries people have come to New York seeking refuge. | 百多年来 人们来到纽约寻求庇护 |
[1:35:04] | Now I am one of them. I’d always dreamed of living in New York. | 我也成为其中一人 我曾梦想能住在纽约 |
[1:35:10] | All that excitement and culture. Life is full of surprises. | 处在这个文化冲激的城市 生活充满了惊喜 |
[1:35:15] | Once in a while, I even bump into former students. | 偶尔我还会碰到以前的学生 |
[1:35:19] | My apartment is a little small and the rent is pretty steep, – | 我的公寓很小而且租金很贵 |
[1:35:26] | but it’s got character, and I’m cosy enough. | 但有它的特色 而我也觉很舒适 |
[1:35:32] | And it’s great not needing a car. I get to read on the subway. | 不需开车也挺棒的 我可以在搭地铁时看书 |
[1:35:38] | Some days, I even walk to work. | 有时候我还走路去上班 |
[1:35:42] | Thejob market is tight, but after hunting around a while – | 这里的工作不好找 不过在我四处搜寻后 |
[1:35:47] | I landed a job in the education department at the museum. | 终于在博物馆的教育部门 谋得一职 |
[1:35:52] | I’m teaching again. | 我又开始教学了 |
[1:35:55] | When a school brings its students to the museum on a field trip, – | 若有学校带学生来博物馆 校外教学时 |
[1:36:00] | there’s a staff of trained educators to greet them. | 会由受过训练的教育馆员 来接待他们 |
[1:36:07] | I’ve started seeing someone new. Jillian. | 我也开始与姬莉安约会 |
[1:36:11] | She works at the museum, too. | 她也在博物馆工作 |
[1:36:15] | She’s really different from Diane. I’ve never met anyone like her. | 她跟黛安很不一样 我从未遇过她这种女性 |
[1:36:20] | Shejust ended a relationship, too, so we’re trying to take it slow. | 她也刚结束一段感情 所以我们都想慢慢来 |
[1:36:28] | You might ask if I ever saw Tracy Flick again. I did, just once. | 你可能想知道我是否有 再见到崔西 见过一次 |
[1:36:37] | I was down in Washington for a museum educators’ conference. | 我到华盛顿去参加 博物馆员会议时 |
[1:36:45] | After an inspiring morning on the Mall, – | 在商场渡过充实的早上后 |
[1:36:49] | I was on my way to the Holocaust Museum, when… | 在前往纳粹屠杀博物馆的路上 |
[1:37:27] | I’ll never know if she saw me. Probably not. | 我不知她是否看见了我 或许没有吧 |
[1:37:31] | Butjust then, all the bad memories, everything I’d wanted to tell her, – | 但所有不愉快的过往 和我一直想骂她的话 |
[1:37:36] | it all came flooding back. | 在那一刻猛然涌上心头 |
[1:37:42] | I wanted to run over there and tell her I knew about the posters. | 我很想跑过去告诉她 我知道是她撕了海报 |
[1:37:48] | And how she’d cheated her way into winning that election. | 她是靠作弊才赢得那次的选举 |
[1:37:52] | But instead, I just stood there. | 然而我却只是站在那里 |
[1:37:57] | I realised I wasn’t angry at her anymore. I just felt sorry for her. | 我发觉自己不再对她气愤 而是为她感到悲哀 |
[1:38:04] | When I think about my new life, and what her life must be like… | 想到我拥有的新生活 而她的生活是多么悲惨 |
[1:38:11] | She probably still gets up early to pursue her pathetic little dreams. | 或许她仍一大早起床 去追逐那些可笑的梦想 |
[1:38:19] | Where is she really trying to get to anyway? | 她真以为自己有多行? |
[1:38:24] | What is she doing in that limo? Who the fuck does she think she is? | 她坐着大轿车干什么? 她以为自己是谁? |
[1:38:38] | Hey, you! | 你干什么? |
[1:38:41] | You asshole! | 混帐东西 |
[1:38:44] | That’s all ancient history now. I’ve got a whole new life. | 那些都是陈年旧事了 我已经有全新的生活 |
[1:38:48] | That’s what’s great about America. You can always start over. | 这就是身在美国的好处 你永远有机会从头开始 |
[1:38:53] | Would that make this an igneous or a sedimentary rock? | 这是火成岩还是沉积岩? |
[1:38:57] | What’s the difference between igneous and sedimentary? | 火成岩与沉积岩有什么不同? |
[1:39:10] | Anybody? | 还有谁会? |