英文名称:Eat Pray Love
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | I have a friend, Deborah, a psychologist… | 我有个朋友 叫黛博拉 是名心理学家 |
[00:43] | who was asked by the city of Philadelphia… | 费城当局曾邀请她 |
[00:45] | if she could offer psychological… | 给柬埔寨难民 |
[00:46] | counseling to Cambodian refugees… | 提供义工心理辅导 |
[00:49] | boat people, who had recently arrived in the city. | 他们都是海上难民 刚抵城不久 |
[00:53] | Deborah was daunted by the task. These Cambodians… | 黛博拉对此感到畏惧 因为这些柬埔寨人 |
[00:56] | had suffered genocide, starvation, | 遭受过最惨的际遇 大屠杀 饥荒 |
[00:59] | relatives murdered before their eyes… | 眼睁睁看着亲人遭杀害 |
[01:01] | years in refugee camps, harrowing boat trips to the west. | 常年住在难民营 甘冒危险乘船前往西方 |
[01:06] | How could she relate to their suffering? | 她怎么能理解他们的感受 |
[01:07] | How could she help these people? | 她做么做才能帮到他们 |
[01:16] | So guess what all these people wanted to talk about… | 大家猜猜 这些难民和黛博拉 |
[01:18] | with my friend Deborah, the psychologist. | 我这位心理学家朋友 谈得最多的是什么 |
[01:23] | It was all, “I met this guy in the refugee camp. | 几乎都是 我在难民营遇见了这个男人 |
[01:26] | I thought he really loved me, | 本以为他真爱我 |
[01:28] | but when we got separated… | 但分手后 |
[01:29] | he took up with my cousin. | 他却和我表妹好上了 |
[01:30] | Now he says he loves me… | 而现在又说爱的是我 |
[01:32] | and keeps calling me. | 还一直给我打电话 |
[01:33] | They’re married now. What should I do?” | 他们现在结婚了 我该怎么办 |
[01:34] | I still love him. | 我还爱着他 |
[01:36] | This is how we are. | 这就是我们的真相 |
[01:37] | May I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[01:38] | I’m Liz Gilbert. I’m writing a magazine article on Bali. | 我叫莉兹·吉尔伯特 在写一篇有关巴厘岛的文章 |
[01:41] | I wanted to meet a medicine man. | 我想见一名巫医 |
[01:43] | Everyone said I should meet Ketut Liyer. | 大家都建议我来见老四赖爷 |
[01:45] | Am I in the right place? | 他是住在这里吗 |
[01:46] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[01:47] | I mean, here I am with a ninth-generation medicine man… | 很快 我就会见到这位传承到第九代的巫医 |
[01:52] | and what do I wanna ask him about? | 我该问他什么呢 |
[01:55] | Getting closer to God? | 如何离上帝更近 |
[01:57] | Saving the world’s starving children? | 如何拯救全世界的饥饿儿童 |
[02:01] | Happy to see you. I am Ketut Liyer. | 很高兴见到你 我是老四赖爷 |
[02:04] | Nope. I wanna discuss my relationship. | 不 我只想和他谈论我的婚姻 |
[02:12] | You are a world traveler. | 你是个世界的旅人 |
[02:14] | You will live a long time… | 你会活很久 |
[02:17] | have many friends, many experiences. | 有许多朋友 经历丰富 |
[02:22] | You will have two marriages. One long, one short. | 你这辈子会有两次婚姻 一长一短 |
[02:26] | Am I in the long one or the short one? | 我现在的婚姻是长是短 |
[02:29] | Can’t tell. | 天机不可泄露 |
[02:30] | Also you will lose all your money. | 还有你会失去所有金钱 |
[02:35] | I think in next six to ten months. | 我想就在接下来的六到十个月 |
[02:40] | Don’t worry. You will get it all back again. | 别担心 你会再拿回来的 |
[02:44] | And you will come back to Bali… | 还有 你会重回巴厘 |
[02:46] | and live here for three or four months | 并在这里待上三四个月 |
[02:49] | and teach me English. | 教我英语 |
[02:53] | I never had anybody to practice my English with. | 从没有人能跟我练习英语 |
[02:57] | And then… | 然后 |
[02:58] | I will teach you everything I know. | 我就会把我知道的一切教给你 |
[03:07] | Wait. | 等等 |
[03:13] | I have this for you. | 给你这个 |
[03:15] | Keep grounded so it’s like you have four legs. | 坚定地踩在地上 就像你有四条腿 |
[03:19] | That way, you can stay in this world. | 这样 你才能待在这个世上 |
[03:21] | Also, no looking at world through your head. | 还有 不要用脑袋看世界 |
[03:26] | Look through your heart instead. | 而是用你的心 |
[03:28] | That way, you will know God, | 如此才可能了解神 |
[03:32] | which is why you came here, no? | 这就是你来此的原因 不是吗 |
[03:35] | See you later, alligator. | 回头见 钝吻鳄 |
[03:57] | My wife is very, very beautiful, | 我妻子真的很不错 |
[03:58] | but she can’t spell for anything. | 但她的拼写实在不敢恭维 |
[04:00] | Look at Uncle Stephen. | 史蒂芬叔叔 |
[04:04] | And Auntie Liz. | 莉兹婶婶 |
[04:06] | I’m counting the minutes for this party to be | 我虔诚祈祷派对能快点结束 |
[04:08] | over so I can get in my big girl pants. | 这样我就能钻进宽松的大号睡裤里 |
[04:10] | You look fantastic. You just had a baby. | 你看上去棒极了 你刚生了小孩啊 |
[04:12] | You’re lying. I’m fat. I’m exhausted. | 你说谎 我胖了 而且筋疲力尽 |
[04:14] | I can’t keep two thoughts. I feel like Liza Minnelli. | 我只想着一个字 胖 我觉得我就是丽莎·明妮莉 |
[04:16] | Stephen, can you hold Jack? | 史蒂芬 能抱会杰克吗 |
[04:18] | – I’m gonna introduce you to Walter. – Yeah. | -介绍你认识沃尔特 -好的 |
[04:22] | Dude, you wanna grab a beer or something? | 老兄 想来杯啤酒什么的吗 |
[04:25] | My new book comes out in April. Thank you for asking. | 我的新书会在四月出版 谢谢关心 |
[04:28] | – Great. – May. | -很好 -是五月 |
[04:29] | May. May. | 对 是五月 五月 |
[04:31] | This is Andre. You two are times’ | 这是安德烈 你们俩是《时代》杂志的 |
[04:33] | most notable nominees. | 最佳名人候选人 |
[04:34] | So glad to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[04:36] | Nice to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[04:39] | I fed him nachos. Is that bad? | 我喂过他玉米脆饼了 没问题吧 |
[04:41] | You look comfortable. | 你看起来很舒服 |
[04:42] | What’d you feed him, chloroform? | 你喂他吃什么 三氯甲烷吗[麻醉剂] |
[04:43] | – Give him to his dad. – I told you, nachos. | -来让你爸爸抱吧 -我说了 玉米脆饼 |
[04:45] | Know what? I’d be asleep too if I had a dump like that. | 如果我那样拉一通的话 我也会睡那么香 |
[04:48] | – We’ll give him to his mom. – Come here then. | -到妈妈那里去吧 -来吧 |
[04:53] | – Wanna help me change his diaper? – Yes, I do. | -想帮我换尿布吗 -好的 |
[04:55] | How’s the vintage car thing going? | 古董车销售怎么样 |
[04:57] | No, no, no. I changed jobs. I’m a pastry chef now. | 不 不 不 我换工作了 现在是糕点师 |
[05:00] | – You mean you’re a baker. – Yeah. | -你是面包师傅了 -对 |
[05:02] | You wanna get baked? | 想去猛抽几只吗 |
[05:06] | I know, I know. | 妈咪知道的 |
[05:08] | It’s hard, isn’t it? | 很不舒服 是不是 |
[05:12] | No. This is so much fun. | 不 这很有趣的 |
[05:16] | Did you know the exact moment you wanted to have a baby? | 还记得你想生孩子的那一瞬间吗 |
[05:18] | I can’t remember, but I’ve had the | 不记得了 但是在我结婚之前 |
[05:21] | box since before I got married. | 就有一个箱子 |
[05:23] | What box? | 什么箱子 |
[05:25] | It’s girly and embarrassing, and | 太幼稚了 很难以启齿 |
[05:26] | you’ll laugh at me if I tell you. | 如果告诉你 你会笑话我的 |
[05:28] | I will laugh at you, but you still have to tell me. | 我会笑你 不过你还是得告诉我 |
[05:32] | Come on. | 好吧 |
[05:34] | Under the bed. | 床下面 |
[05:42] | I’ve been filling it with baby things… | 我不停地买宝宝的东西塞进箱子 |
[05:45] | waiting until Andy was ready to be a father. | 一直等到安迪准备好做父亲 |
[05:50] | So sweet. | 太温馨了 |
[05:53] | Does this come in my size? | 这条我都能穿得下吧 |
[06:01] | I have a box just like this, except it’s | 我也有个这样的箱子 不过里面 |
[06:03] | filled with National Geographics… | 装满了《国家地理》 |
[06:04] | and the Times travel section. | 和《时代》的旅游版面 |
[06:07] | All the places I wanna see before I die. | 都是我死之前想去的地方 |
[06:10] | Liz, having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. | 莉兹 生孩子就像在脸上刺青 |
[06:16] | You kind of wanna be fully committed. | 做之前一定得确定你想这么做 |
[06:22] | So my trip to Aruba next week, | 我下周去阿鲁巴岛 |
[06:24] | which is just a basic, you know… | 只是写最基本的游记 比如 |
[06:25] | “where to sleep, swim and stuff your face” piece…. | “去哪睡觉 游泳 品尝美食”之类的 |
[06:28] | I got a new bikini. | 我买了新的比基尼 |
[06:30] | And it turns out, I have unlimited minibar access. | 不过我刚知道 可以无限制享受酒店小冰箱里的食物 |
[06:34] | – You know what that means? – Jet lag? | -知道说明什么吗 -身体不能适应 |
[06:36] | You, me… | 你和我 |
[06:38] | macadamia nuts. | 尽情享用澳洲坚果 |
[06:41] | That was cute. | 真可爱 |
[06:43] | You know who I was talking to at the | 你知道我在聚会上跟谁聊天 |
[06:44] | party who was really inspiring… | 他真的让我挺佩服的 |
[06:46] | – …was Tara’s friend. – Brian. | -塔拉的朋友 -布莱恩 |
[06:48] | Brian. Unbelievable. He’s a teacher, you know that? | 布莱恩 不可思议 他是个老师 你知道吗 |
[06:51] | He’s a substitute teacher, isn’t he? | 是代课老师 不是吗 |
[06:53] | Yeah. He was talking about the | 对 他谈到了 |
[06:54] | budget cuts that are happening right now. | 教育费用预算的缩减 |
[06:57] | There’s no money for anything. | 学校几乎一分钱也没有了 |
[06:58] | There’s no music classes, there’s no arts classes. | 学校取消了音乐课 艺术课 |
[07:01] | They’re volunteering their time to do all of this after school. | 他们放学后志愿给孩子们补习 |
[07:04] | They’re educating our kids, you know? | 教孩子们音乐和艺术 |
[07:06] | I think you’d make a great teacher, honey. | 我想你会是个了不起的老师 亲爱的 |
[07:09] | Thank you, but I was thinking more of like… | 谢谢 不过我考虑得更长远 |
[07:13] | education. Getting my masters, | 我想考个教育硕士学位 |
[07:14] | going back to school. I don’t know. | 继续深造 我不知道 |
[07:16] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[07:25] | I– you know…. | 我 你知道 |
[07:28] | – Going back to school. – I’m just thinking out loud. | -继续深造 -你当我在自言自语吧 |
[07:33] | I was getting the sinking feeling that | 我有个不祥的预感 |
[07:34] | Ketut’s prophecy was coming true. | 赖爷的预言就要成真了 |
[07:38] | Was I in the shorter marriage? | 现在的婚姻是短的那个吗 |
[07:43] | We’d only bought this house a year ago. | 我们一年前才买的这套房子 |
[07:46] | Hadn’t I wanted this? | 这不是我想要的生活吗 |
[07:50] | I had actively participated in every moment of the creation… | 我主动参与创造这种生活的 |
[07:54] | of this life. | 每时每刻 |
[07:57] | So why didn’t I see myself in any of it? | 那为什么我觉得这一切根本就不像我 |
[08:05] | The only thing more impossible than staying… | 还有什么比待在这段婚姻中更不现实的 |
[08:09] | was leaving. | 只有离开 |
[08:13] | I didn’t wanna hurt anybody. I wanted | 我不想伤害任何人 我想 |
[08:14] | to slip quietly out the back door… | 悄悄地从后门溜走 |
[08:17] | and not stop running until I reached Greenland. | 直到跑到格陵兰岛才停下来 |
[08:25] | Instead, I made a decision. | 不过我并未这样做 我只是开始 |
[08:28] | To pray. | 祈祷 |
[08:30] | You know, like, to God. | 你知道 就是向神祷告那样 |
[08:34] | And it was such a flaring concept to me | 这对我来说确是很新鲜的一件事 |
[08:37] | that I swear I almost began with | 我尽量克制自己不说 |
[08:39] | “I’m a big fan of your work.” | 我一直很迷您的作品 |
[08:48] | Hello, god? | 你好啊 上帝 |
[08:53] | Nice to finally meet you. I…. | 很高兴终于见到了你 我 |
[08:57] | I am sorry I’ve never spoken directly to you before… | 对不起 我从前没直接跟您说过话 |
[09:04] | but… | 但 |
[09:06] | I hope I’ve expressed my… | 我希望我对您 |
[09:10] | ample gratitude for all the blessings you’ve given… | 赐予我的一切可以一直表达万分 |
[09:14] | to me in my life. | 感激之意 |
[09:26] | I’m in serious trouble. | 我面临严重的麻烦 |
[09:31] | I don’t know what to do. | 不知如何是好 |
[09:34] | I need an answer. | 我需要您的帮助 |
[09:37] | Please, tell me what to do. | 拜托 指点我该怎么办 |
[09:43] | God, help me, please. | 上帝 请帮我 |
[09:52] | Tell me what to do and I’ll do it. | 告诉我该怎么办 我会谨遵教诲 |
[09:58] | Go back to bed, Liz. | 回去睡觉 莉兹 |
[10:22] | I don’t wanna go to Aruba. | 我不想去阿鲁巴岛 |
[10:28] | I don’t wanna be married. | 我不想结婚 |
[10:40] | 《谁动了我的奶酪》 | |
[10:41] | 《不幸到幸福》 | |
[10:47] | You know, there’s a whole divorce section downstairs. | 楼下有离婚书籍的专区 |
[11:09] | – “Pepper grinder.” – She’s having… | -胡椒研磨机 -她这是 |
[11:11] | – a nervous breakdown. – This is what girls do. | -精神崩溃 -女生就是这样 |
[11:13] | She’s processing. | 她正在想办法 |
[11:14] | Why doesn’t she get drunk or get laid? | 她为什么不大醉一场或出去鬼混一下 |
[11:16] | That’s what I would do if you left me. | 如果你抛弃我 我就这么做 |
[11:18] | No, you wouldn’t. | 不 你不会的 |
[11:20] | – No, I wouldn’t. – She moved out, she filed for divorce. | -对 我不会 -她搬出来 连离婚协议也写好了 |
[11:22] | They were together eight years. She’s got no home. | 他们在一起八年 而她现在无家可归了 |
[11:33] | “Legacy.” | 遗留 |
[11:37] | Every word in Italian is like a truffle. | 意大利语的每个词都像是块松露 |
[11:41] | A magic trick. | 魔术 |
[11:43] | Honey, I get it. It’s your life raft right now. | 亲爱的 我懂 现在它是你的救生筏 |
[11:46] | When Andy and I broke up for two weeks, I bought a loom. | 安迪和我分手两个星期后 我买了个织布机 |
[11:49] | A frigging loom. And he tried to start a microbrewery. | 一个要命的织布机 而他准备学着酿酒 |
[11:52] | I don’t know how you guys aren’t sick of me now. | 搞不明白你们这些家伙怎么不嫌弃我 |
[11:54] | I’m sick of me. | 我都讨厌自己了 |
[11:55] | Are you kidding me? We love having you. | 开玩笑吧 我们很爱你 |
[11:58] | It’s kind of like having a writer in residence. | 就像是有个作家和我们一起生活 |
[12:00] | But you are a writer. You should be writing something. | 而你的确是个作家 你该写点东西 |
[12:03] | Maybe I could write about a woman | 也许可以写一个女人 |
[12:04] | who goes to Italy to learn Italian. | 去意大利学意大利语 |
[12:07] | Call it Carbohydrates and Conjugations. | 就叫《碳水化合物和变位动词》 |
[12:11] | I’ll start looking for a place. | 我得先找个住的地方 |
[12:14] | – I’m falling in love with you. – I’m not who you think I am. | -我爱上你了 -我不是你想的那样 |
[12:18] | I’m just your fantasy. | 我只是你的幻想 |
[12:20] | No, that’s bullshit. You’re real. | 不 瞎说 你是真实的 |
[12:25] | Your scars, your talent. | 你的伤痕 你的天赋 |
[12:27] | The fact that I own a piece-of-crap bar… | 事实上 我不过只有一个烂酒吧 |
[12:30] | and you accept that that’s all I’m gonna do. | 而你却毫不嫌弃 |
[12:32] | Okay, this sucks. | 好吧 真够烂 |
[12:33] | – I second that. – Don’t be rude. | -我同意 -礼貌点 |
[12:43] | I love your pain. | 我爱你的痛楚 |
[12:46] | And I love that when we’re together, I can make it go away. | 我喜欢我们在一起 我能消除你的痛苦 |
[12:51] | – He’s good. – Your love… | -他真棒 -你给我的爱 |
[12:53] | – He’s hot, there’s a difference. – …is like a hot panini. | -他很性感 但不代表他演技好 -就像是一块热面包 |
[12:56] | And when I look into your eyes, | 当注视你的双眸 |
[12:59] | I hear dolphins clapping. | 我听见海豚拍打波浪的声音 |
[13:02] | I did not write that line. | 我没写这句话 |
[13:04] | Here’s what he doesn’t know yet. | 这是他还不知道的 |
[13:07] | I disappear into the person I love. | 我消失在所爱的人心中 |
[13:11] | I am the permeable membrane. | 我是可渗透的薄膜 |
[13:14] | If I love you, you can have it all. | 如果我爱你 你就拥有我的一切 |
[13:16] | My money, my time, my body… | 我的金钱 时间 身体 |
[13:19] | my dog, my dog’s money. | 我的狗 还有狗狗的钱 |
[13:23] | I will assume your debts and project upon you… | 我会承担你的债务 协助你 |
[13:26] | all sorts of nifty qualities you’ve | 帮你完善自己本不具有的 |
[13:28] | never actually cultivated in yourself. | 各种优秀品质 |
[13:31] | I will give you all this and more… | 我会给你一切 或许更多 |
[13:34] | until I am so exhausted and depleted. | 直到我筋疲力竭 |
[13:37] | The only way l can recover… | 我恢复的唯一方法 |
[13:40] | is by becoming infatuated with someone else. | 就是头脑发热和某人腻在一起 |
[13:50] | – Elizabeth, hi. – Hi. | -伊莉莎白 你好 -你好 |
[14:30] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[14:34] | – Thank you. – I owe you an apology. | -谢谢 -我该向你道歉 |
[14:36] | – For the walkouts. – I’m not everyone’s cup of tea. | -我刚刚走神了 -我并非人见人爱 |
[14:41] | I doubt that. | 我不信 |
[14:44] | I, on the other hand, was shit. | 另外 我演得很臭 |
[14:46] | – Although I was trying very hard. – “Shit” is a strong word. | -尽管我很努力了 -“臭”这个词太过了 |
[14:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:53] | You seem shorter in person than on the stage. | 你看上去比在舞台上矮 |
[14:56] | – Really? I hear that a lot. – Sorry. | -是吗 好多人都这么说 -不好意思 |
[14:58] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[15:01] | It’s unnerving when… | 很让人不安 当 |
[15:03] | a total stranger sees you more clearly than you see yourself. | 一个陌生人比你自己更清楚自己的时候 |
[15:07] | That’s what I mean by saying you’re short. | 就好比我告诉你 你个子不高 |
[15:14] | Are you hearing dolphins clapping right now? | 你现在听到海豚拍打浪花的声音了吗 |
[15:18] | I took a few liberties with your material. | 我自由发挥了你的剧本 |
[15:22] | I give you full permission to make | 我完全允许你 |
[15:24] | fun of me. I know you’re dying to. | 嘲笑我 我知道你很乐于取笑我 |
[15:27] | You’re far too charming to make fun of. | 其实你毫无缺点让我取笑 |
[15:34] | I’m still hearing them. | 我还能听到它们拍打浪花的声音 |
[15:46] | Is that your guru? | 那是你的古鲁吗 |
[15:49] | You’re joking, but, yes, it is. | 你开玩笑吧 不过 对 就是她 |
[15:53] | She’s beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[15:55] | Yeah. A friend told me about her. | 对 我朋友告诉我的 |
[15:59] | I was out of work and feeling pretty desperate for something. | 那次我失业了 特别想做一件事 |
[16:02] | Not the last time I was out of work, the time before that. | 不是上次失业 是上上次 |
[16:05] | And I just had this feeling like I | 我的这种感觉就像是 |
[16:07] | was looking in all the wrong places. | 我寻找的地方都不对 |
[16:10] | Looking for what? | 找什么 |
[16:12] | God. | 上帝 |
[16:15] | She has an ashram in India. I’m dying to go, but… | 她在印度有个静修处 我特别想去 不过 |
[16:18] | you know, you have to get, like, | 只有生病才能去 比如 |
[16:20] | three stages of hepatitis shots… | 重型肝炎患者 |
[16:22] | and my insurance always runs out. | 我的保险经常失效 |
[16:25] | I’ll go when the time’s right. | 所以等时机成熟我就去 |
[16:27] | There’s a gathering of her students every morning. | 每天早上她的学生就会聚在一起 |
[16:31] | If you want, I could take you sometime. | 如果你也想 有时间我可以带你去 |
[16:34] | If you’re not unnerved by 100 | 倘若跟几百人在房间里用梵语 |
[16:36] | crunchy people chanting in Sanskrit… | 吟诵神的名字 不会吓着你的话 |
[16:41] | I need to be unnerved. | 我需要一些刺激 |
[17:13] | David. A yogi from Yonkers. | 大卫 来自纽约郊区的瑜伽信徒 |
[17:19] | I didn’t exactly fall in love with the guy. | 我并不是真的爱上了他 |
[17:24] | What happened was I dove out of my marriage… | 我只是钻出了我的婚姻 |
[17:26] | and into David’s arms… | 一头钻入大卫的怀抱 |
[17:28] | exactly the same way a cartoon circus performer… | 就像卡通里的马戏团演员 |
[17:32] | dives off a high platform and into a small cup of water… | 从高台跳下 钻入一小杯水里 |
[17:37] | vanishing completely. | 消失得无影无踪 |
[17:47] | Your underwear, my queen. | 你的内衣 女王陛下 |
[17:53] | He just folded my delicates. | 他竟然帮我叠好内衣 |
[17:56] | My god, baby, you are in so much trouble. | 天啊 宝贝 你麻烦大了 |
[18:52] | Thirty-six? | 三十六楼吗 |
[19:07] | My client is simply not interested in a divorce. | 我的当事人对离婚不感兴趣 |
[19:11] | Is he serious? | 他认真的吗 |
[19:14] | Is he really representing himself? | 他真的要自己辩护吗 |
[19:15] | One semester of law school right here, baby. | 在你面前的人可是在法学院待过一学期的 宝贝儿 |
[19:18] | Great. Well, what would it take to interest your client? | 很好 那么 你的当事人对什么感兴趣 |
[19:21] | Okay, so here’s the deal. You have screwed up my life… | 好 这样吧 你搞砸了我的生活 |
[19:24] | but what I wanna know is why couldn’t you find yourself… | 但是我真的想知道 为什么你不能找到你在 |
[19:27] | in our marriage? | 婚姻中的角色 |
[19:28] | Why didn’t you say what you were thinking or feeling? | 为什么不说出你的想法和感受 |
[19:30] | I did. But you never listen to me. | 我说过 但是你从来不听 |
[19:32] | No, no, no, no. You never said… | 不 不 没有 没有 你从来没说 |
[19:33] | “Hey, you know what? You suck. I’m deeply unhappy.” | “嘿 你知道吗 你真混球 我很不开心” |
[19:36] | You just took off. You never gave me | 你只是脚一抬走掉了 从不给我 |
[19:37] | a chance to address those problems. | 机会解决这些问题 |
[19:40] | That’s not fair. That’s just quitting. I took vows. | 这不公平 只是走掉 我发过誓 |
[19:43] | Till death. And I take them seriously. | 直到死亡将我们分开 我是认真的 |
[19:46] | I believe this is just a phase and I’m willing to wait it out. | 我相信这只是一个低潮 我愿意等 |
[19:49] | You are always waiting, Stephen. | 你总是等 史蒂芬 |
[19:51] | Waiting for me to come home, to wanna have kids… | 等我回家 等着生小孩 |
[19:53] | to make you dinner. I don’t know why we can’t accept… | 等着给你做饭 我不懂为什么不承认 |
[19:56] | we don’t wanna live in unhappiness any more. | 我们其实都不想再生活在不幸中 |
[19:58] | I accept the fact that I am occasionally unreliable… | 我承认 我偶尔不可依靠 |
[20:01] | and I often get sidetracked, | 我经常转移话题 |
[20:03] | but I thought you liked that about me. | 但是我以为你喜欢我这样 |
[20:04] | I thought it was okay that I had hopes and dreams. | 我觉得我有希望有梦想是件好事 |
[20:07] | Have a dream. Stephen, great, | 有梦想 史蒂芬 好 |
[20:09] | fine. Do that. Just pick one. | 继续你的梦想 你倒是选一个啊 |
[20:11] | Okay, I pick one. I pick you. | 好 我选 选你 |
[20:22] | I know this is awful. | 我知道这很糟糕 |
[20:26] | But I believe with every molecule of my | 但是我身体的每个细胞都相信 |
[20:29] | body that you will find the person… | 你会找到一个人 |
[20:31] | that wants just what you want. | 和你的想法相同 |
[20:34] | That will give you what you want | 这样你就得到你想要的 |
[20:35] | and what you deserve. I’m not her. | 还有你应得的 但我不是 |
[20:38] | Well, you obviously know nothing about what I want. | 很明显 你不知道我想要什么 |
[20:45] | My client would like to submit a song he wrote… | 我的当事人会提交他写的一首歌 |
[20:47] | that he believes it’s relevant with this procedings. | 他相信这歌和诉讼有密切的相关性 |
[20:49] | It goes something like this… | 这首歌是这样的 |
[20:53] | Are you kidding? | 你开什么玩笑呢 |
[20:58] | Quitter, quitter, quitter! | 懦夫 懦夫 懦夫 |
[21:01] | Alright. How about I take the blame? | 够了 都是我错行了吧 |
[21:02] | I am the one who couldn’t deal… | 是我无法再忍受 |
[21:04] | with another weekend roaming some box-shaped superstore… | 周末漫步于大型超市过道 |
[21:07] | buying appliances on credit and pretending to be a couple that | 刷卡购买更多的家用品 装的像别的夫妻一样 |
[21:10] | neither one of us ever knew how to be. | 其实我们都不知道什么是婚姻 |
[21:13] | You wanted that toaster. | 是你要买那个烤面包机的 |
[21:14] | “You like faking it, fine. You’re stellar. | “你要演戏就演吧 你是最佳主角 |
[21:16] | I’m the failure. I suck at faking it.” | 我不会演戏 我不会假装” |
[21:20] | It was not my finest hour. | 那种日子真不好过 |
[21:22] | So where do things stand now? | 那现在事情进展到什么地步了 |
[21:24] | We’re prepared to offer half of everything, | 我们同意给你一半的财产 |
[21:25] | including the house, and my client’s retirement accounts. | 包括住房以及我当事人的退休金 |
[21:30] | Take it all then. Everything. | 全拿去吧 所有东西 |
[21:33] | He still said no. | 他还是不同意 |
[21:35] | – He hates me now. – He doesn’t hate you. | -他现在恨我 -他不是恨你 |
[21:38] | His heart is broken. | 他只是心碎了 |
[21:44] | I think he hates you. | 我觉得他恨你 |
[21:46] | Ok. I’m never letting you out of the basement. | 小心我把你锁进地下室永远出不来 |
[21:48] | Why don’t we talk next week and we’ll see where things stand? | 我们何不下星期再谈 看事情有什么进展呢 |
[21:51] | – Okay. – These things have a way of working themselves out. | -好 -这种事情总有解决之道的 |
[22:10] | So why’d you become a vegetarian? | 那你怎么成为素食主义者的呢 |
[22:11] | I saw some cows slaughtered one time. | 我曾经见过屠杀牛 |
[22:14] | Barely touched your dinner. | 你都没怎么吃东西 |
[22:16] | He’s 28. | 他才二十八岁 |
[22:21] | This is hard for him, isn’t it? And you? | 这对他来说很难吧 那你呢 |
[22:24] | The meditations help. | 做做冥想能好很多 |
[22:28] | Liz. | 莉兹 |
[22:30] | You remember a couple of years ago, | 你还记得几年以前 |
[22:32] | when you threw yourself into the renovation of your kitchen? | 你把自己置身于家里厨房的整修 |
[22:35] | You were completely consumed with being the perfect wife and cook. | 你当时看着多像个完美的妻子和家庭煮妇啊 |
[22:38] | I was trying to make it work. | 我试着让婚姻延续来着 |
[22:40] | Well, I think chanting and meditation is the same thing… | 我觉得诵经和冥想是一回事儿 |
[22:43] | in a different costume. | 只是形式的区别罢了 |
[22:48] | Definitely give me that documentary. | 一定给我那个资料 |
[22:49] | I’ve been thinking about trying out of vegetarianism. | 我一直琢磨要试试当素食主义者呢 |
[22:52] | You know, my triglycerides are through the roof. | 你知道 我的甘油三脂已经高得不行了 |
[22:54] | Yeah. Thanks for everything. | 没问题 谢谢今晚的招待 |
[22:56] | Great to meet you. | 很高兴遇见你 |
[23:02] | – What? – Nothing. It’s just… | -怎么啦 -没什么 就是… |
[23:06] | you know, you used to look like Stephen. | 你知道 你过去看着像史蒂芬 |
[23:08] | Now you kind of look like David. | 现在你看着有些像大卫 |
[23:13] | What l meant was, | 我意思是说 |
[23:14] | you know how people start resembling their dogs? | 你知道主人和他的狗越来越像 |
[23:20] | Why would he say that, we look like the same dog? | 他为什么那么说啊 我们看着像同一只狗 |
[23:23] | – He was joking. – Not funny. | -他那是开玩笑的 -一点儿也不好笑 |
[23:25] | Well, he had five Heinekens. He was bombed. | 他喝了五瓶啤酒 他喝醉了 |
[23:28] | Well, not funny. | 不好笑 |
[23:29] | We don’t look like the same dog. | 我们看着才不像同一只狗呢 |
[23:33] | If anything, you’re a collie and I’m a tibetan mastiff. | 就算是 也是你是柯利牧羊犬而我是藏獒 |
[23:48] | Don’t wanna give me a chance to miss you. | 别让我做只能想念你的人 |
[24:13] | It begins when the object of your affection… | 这开始于当你喜爱的对象 |
[24:16] | bestows upon you a heady hallucinogenic dose… | 让你产生强烈的梦幻感 |
[24:19] | …of something you’ve never even dared to admit you wanted… | 而过去你都不敢承认多么期望得到 |
[24:23] | …an emotional speedball of thunderous love and excitement. | 就像是情感速度球 拥有强烈的爱与刺激的 |
[24:27] | Soon you start craving that attention | 很快地你开始渴求那种注意力 |
[24:29] | with the hungry obsession of any junkie. | 就像瘾君子的毒瘾一样 |
[24:32] | When it’s withheld, you turn sick, crazy, | 当这种情绪被克制时 你变得病怏怏和疯狂 |
[24:35] | not to mention resentful of the dealer who encouraged this addiction | 更别提对一开始就让你上瘾 |
[24:38] | in the first place but now refuses to pony up the good stuff. | 但现在却不给你好货的毒贩子的憎恶 |
[24:42] | Just frustrated, I’m concerned. I don’t understand. | 不是一般的疲倦 我很担心 真的搞不懂 |
[24:44] | What don’t you get? | 你还缺什么啊 |
[24:46] | What’s going on? You don’t look me in the eye. | 到底怎么了 你不再看着我的眼睛 |
[24:49] | – You don’t finish your… – Nobody’s asking you to make the bed! | -你没做完… -没有人要你整理床 |
[24:51] | – You don’t have sex with me! – Sometimes I’m not in the mood! | -你和我没有性生活 -有时候我没性趣 |
[24:54] | Goddamn him, and he used to give it to you for free. | 去他的 他过去都是免费给的 |
[24:57] | Next stage finds you skinny, shaking in a corner… | 接下来你瘦得皮包骨头 在角落里发抖 |
[25:00] | …certain only that you’d sell your soul… | 很显然只有你一个人出卖了灵魂 |
[25:02] | …just to have that one thing one more time. | 只想再一次拥有的东西 |
[25:04] | Well, then why don’t we discuss it? Why don’t we sort it? | 那我们为何不说出来呢 为什么不去协调呢 |
[25:07] | – Why don’t we act like adults? – Okay. Can I have a little space? | -我们为何不能像成人一样呢 -行 我能有点私人空间吗 |
[25:11] | – How about that? – Meanwhile… | -这样行吗 -同时… |
[25:12] | …the object of your adoration is now repulsed by you. | 此时你就打败了你喜爱的对象 |
[25:16] | You don’t always make me miserable. | 你并不是总让我苦不堪言 |
[25:18] | – There’s a comfort. – I just– | -有时候挺舒服的 -我就是 |
[25:19] | sometimes l need to come home… | 有时候需要回家来 |
[25:21] | …and have a little David time. | 有点我自己的时间 |
[25:25] | He looks at you like someone he’s never met before. | 他看着你就仿佛未曾谋面的人一样 |
[25:28] | – Is that okay? – Yeah. No, it’s fine. | -可以吗 -行啊 没关系 |
[25:30] | And not have to, like, you know, justify it. | 不需要…你知道…去调整它 |
[25:34] | The irony is you can hardly blame him. | 讽刺的是 你却不能怪他 |
[25:37] | I mean, check yourself out. You’re a mess. | 我意思是 看看你自己 一团糟 |
[25:40] | Unrecognizable even to your own eyes. | 你自己都不认识你自己了 |
[25:43] | You asked me to come here? Here I am. | 你要我过来这里 我来了 |
[25:45] | And it turned into something else. | 但情况却变了 |
[25:47] | – Didn’t it? – You are such a child. | -不是吗 -你真像个孩子似的 |
[25:54] | – Right. I can’t take this anymore. – Great. Perfect. | -好吧 我受够了 -行 没问题 |
[25:57] | That’s a great response to a conversation. | 这可真是对我们谈话的好回应啊 |
[26:01] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[26:02] | You have now reached infatuation’s final destination. | 现在你到了迷恋的最终阶段 |
[26:08] | The complete and merciless devaluation of self. | 对自己彻底冷酷无情的诋毁 |
[26:48] | You wanna go away for a year? | 你要离开一年吗 |
[26:50] | Do you know what I felt when I woke up this morning, Delia? | 你知道今天早上我醒来时什么感觉吗 迪莉亚 |
[26:52] | Nothing. No passion, no spark, | 一无所有 没激情 没火花 |
[26:55] | no faith, no heat. Absolutely nothing. | 没信仰 没感情 什么也没有 |
[26:57] | I think I really got to past the point | 我觉得我必须要想办法 |
[26:58] | where I can be calling this a bad moment. | 熬过这个糟糕的阶段 |
[27:00] | And it just terrifies me. Jesus, | 这太可怕了 天哪 |
[27:02] | this is like worse than death to me… | 对我来说这比死都可怕 |
[27:04] | the idea that this is the person I’m gonna be from now on. | 一想到这将是我的人生 我就觉得太可怕了 |
[27:06] | You know what, this happens to people. | 知道吗 这是正常的 |
[27:08] | They fall in love in their 20s, get married… | 人们在二十几岁恋爱 结婚 |
[27:10] | do the granite countertop, white-picket fence in their 30s… | 三十几岁照顾家庭 |
[27:13] | and somewhere they realize, “this is not for me anymore.” | 某天他们意识到 “我再也不要这样的生活了” |
[27:16] | So they fail and they fall down, | 所以他们失败 跌倒 |
[27:18] | they hurt like hell, they straighten up… | 他们受伤 他们振作 |
[27:20] | and march their asses to the shrink’s office. | 他们找心理咨询 |
[27:22] | – They can’t just check out. – I am not checking out. | -人不能一走了事 -我没有一走了事 |
[27:26] | I need to change. | 我需要改变 |
[27:28] | You have a support system here, Liz. | 这里有人关心支持你 莉兹 |
[27:30] | You have friends and family who love you. | 你有爱你的朋友和亲人 |
[27:32] | And do you feel my love for you? My support for you? No. | 你感觉到我对你的爱和支持了吗 没有 |
[27:36] | There’s, like, nothing. I have no pulse. | 我就像是行尸走肉 |
[27:41] | – I am going to Italy. – Italy. Why Italy? | -我要去意大利 -为什么去意大利呢 |
[27:44] | – What did you have for lunch? – I don’t know. A salad. | -你午饭吃的什么 -沙拉什么的吧 |
[27:46] | Exactly. I used to have this appetite for food, | 没错 我过去对食物有激情 |
[27:51] | for my life and it is just gone. | 对生活有激情 可现在什么都没了 |
[27:54] | I wanna go someplace where I can marvel at something. | 我想去一个能让我感到惊奇的地方 |
[27:58] | Language, gelatoes, spaghetti, something. | 语言 冰激凌 意大利面 等等 |
[28:02] | You’re talking like a college kid. | 你说这话就跟高中生似的 |
[28:04] | You know, I’ve been acting like one. | 知道吗 我一直活得像个高中生 |
[28:05] | Since I was 15, I’ve either been with a guy | 从十五岁开始 我要么是和一个男生在一起 |
[28:08] | or breaking up with a guy. | 要么是和一个男生分手 |
[28:09] | I have not given myself two weeks of a breather… | 我连两个星期的短暂休息都没给过自己 |
[28:12] | …to just deal with, you know, myself. | 来处理我自己的事情 |
[28:18] | What’s going on with you and David? | 你和大卫之间发生什么了 |
[28:28] | What, did you fall out? | 怎么 你掉下床啦 |
[28:30] | I don’t know how to be here. | 我不知道如何适应这里 |
[28:32] | You wanna know how to be here? | 你想知道怎么适应这里吗 |
[28:34] | Stop constantly waiting for something. | 别在一直期待什么了 |
[28:40] | I’m going to Italy and then I’m going | 我要去意大利 然后我要去 |
[28:42] | to David’s guru’s ashram in India… | 大卫精神导师在印度的静修处 |
[28:45] | …and I’m going to end the year in Bali. | 最后我在巴厘岛结束这一年 |
[28:52] | That’s what I’m gonna do. | 这就是我的计划 |
[28:53] | That’s harder to argue with. The beaches are nice. But why? | 这无可厚非 那里沙滩很美 但为什么呢 |
[28:56] | Because Ketut told me I would. | 因为赖爷告诉我的. |
[28:57] | Guy with no teeth. | 那个没牙的老头 |
[28:58] | When you’re desperate and some guy who, | 当你绝望时有人 |
[29:01] | yes, looks a little like Yoda… | 没错看着有些像尤达大师 |
[29:02] | …hands you a prophecy, you have to respond. | 递给你一封预言书 你必须有所回应 |
[29:06] | – Do you need a Xanax? – Always. | -你需要阿普唑仑[镇静剂]吗 -当然 |
[29:09] | Okay, I’m just gonna say it. | 好 无论如何我要说 |
[29:10] | I’m gonna say it and be done with it. | 说完就再也不提此事 |
[29:12] | What if it doesn’t work? | 要是这样也无济于事呢 |
[29:18] | My whole life fits in a 12-foot-square box. | 我的整个生活就装在了一个十二英尺的箱子里 |
[29:22] | You know how many times I hear that in a day? | 你知道这话我一天要听多少次吗 |
[29:25] | Most of them never come back for their whole life. | 很多人永远把生活留在这里了 |
[29:32] | – Hello? – Liz. | -喂 -莉兹 |
[29:34] | Good news. Stephen just signed the divorce papers. | 好消息 史蒂芬刚签了离婚协议书 |
[29:45] | I’ll probably be back in a week, penniless with dysentery. | 我可能一个星期就回来 身无分文还患痢疾 |
[29:50] | You’re my hero. | 你是我的英雄 |
[30:08] | If you stay, we’ll go out for Indian every night. | 如果你留下来 我们每天都出去吃印度饭 |
[30:13] | You never asked me to stay. | 你从没让我留下来过 |
[30:21] | Go, go, go. | 走 走 走 |
[30:43] | You know what’s funny? | 你知道可笑的事是什么吗 |
[30:45] | This is the first time in my life | 这是我生命里第一次 |
[30:46] | there’s no one waiting at home for me. | 没有人等着我回家 |
[30:49] | I don’t even have a home to come back to. | 我甚至连个能回的家都没有 |
[30:51] | Oh, God. You’ll make friends. | 哦 天啊 你会结识新朋友的 |
[30:52] | You’ll make friends with a backpack, of course. | 你的背包会一直陪伴你的 放心吧 |
[30:55] | It’d be great to get away. | 出去走走挺好的 |
[30:56] | Andy and I were talking about getting a little villa | 安迪和我讨论什么时候去佛罗伦萨 |
[30:58] | in Florence for a month sometime. | 村庄别墅度一个月假呢 |
[31:00] | You know, and in 10 years, when Jack is older…. | 你知道 再十年 当杰克长大点儿 |
[31:04] | What? | 怎么啦 |
[31:08] | You know why l was giving you such a hard time? | 你知道为什么我这么不想你离开吗 |
[31:12] | I love my job, my guy and my kid, but…. | 我爱我的工作 我男人 我小孩 但是 |
[31:17] | I wish I could go. | 我希望我能出去走走 |
[31:28] | I love you and I’m proud of you. | 我爱你 我为你骄傲 |
[31:31] | Now go. | 赶紧走吧 |
[31:56] | There is a wonderful old Italian joke… | 有个绝妙的意大利传统笑话… |
[31:58] | …about a poor man who goes to church every day | 说一个穷人每天去教堂 |
[32:01] | and prays before the statue of the great saint begging | 并在圣人雕像前面祈祷请求 |
[32:06] | “Dear saint, please, please, | “伟大的圣人 |
[32:08] | please let me win the lottery.” | 求你让我赢一次乐透奖吧” |
[32:12] | Finally, the exasperated statue comes to life | 最终 恼怒的雕像活了 |
[32:16] | and looks down to the begging man and said | 他低头看着这个祷告的人说 |
[32:18] | “My son, please, please, please buy a ticket.” | “孩子啊 请你先买张乐透券吧” |
[32:24] | So now l get the joke. | 现在我明白这个笑话了 |
[32:26] | And l’ve got three tickets. | 并且我买了三张 |
[32:49] | You heat the water on the stove. | 你在炉子上烧水 |
[32:54] | So if I want to bathe…? | 那如果我想泡澡呢 |
[32:57] | You put the water in the tub. | 你把热水倒进浴缸 |
[33:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:08] | Yeah. It doesn’t really seem like enough water to bathe in. | 这水看着不够泡澡用啊 |
[33:15] | Not enough. | 不够 |
[33:17] | Yes, it’s enough. | 够用了 |
[33:19] | Fill it up three, four, five times. | 倒个三次 四次 五次 |
[33:23] | Everything that’s important gets cleaned. | 一切就都干净了 |
[33:43] | Is this safe? This… | 这安全吗 这… |
[33:46] | …scaffolding? Scaffol– | 这些脚手架… |
[33:49] | It holds up the ceiling. Otherwise it will fall apart. | 它用来支撑屋顶 否则会倒下的 |
[33:54] | Everything falls apart, my dear. | 所有东西都会倒的 孩子 |
[33:57] | The only thing permanent in life is family. | 生命中唯一永恒的是家 |
[34:05] | You’re not married. | 你没结婚 |
[34:08] | No, divorziata. | 不是 离婚了 |
[34:10] | Why divorced? | 为什么离啊 |
[34:16] | We broke it. | 我们不合 |
[34:20] | You’re more happy now? | 现在的你更高兴吗 |
[34:27] | I have one rule. | 我有个规则 |
[34:29] | No strange men spending the night. | 不许带陌生男人过夜 |
[34:34] | You american girls when you come to Italy | 你们美国姑娘来了意大利 |
[34:38] | all you want is pasta and sausage. | 就是想要意大利面和腊肠 |
[34:47] | I’ll take it. | 我记住了 |
[34:48] | Good. You chose well. | 好 明智之选 |
[35:24] | Cappuccino. | 卡布其诺 |
[35:25] | – It’s a zoo in here. – And my Italian sucks. | -这就跟动物园似的 -我的意大利语很差 |
[35:28] | – How long have you been here? – Two weeks. You? | -你来这儿多久了 -两周 你呢 |
[35:31] | Six weeks. You’ll get better. | 六周 你会适应的 |
[35:33] | Two cappuccinos, please. | 两杯卡布其诺 谢谢 |
[35:35] | And warm the milk this time. | 这次要温牛奶 |
[35:37] | Yesterday it was too hot and burned my tongue. | 昨天牛奶太热都烫到我舌头了 |
[35:39] | – You like napoleons? – Of course. | -你喜欢千层酥点心吗 -当然 |
[35:41] | And two napoleons, please. | 两个千层酥点心 谢谢 |
[35:45] | Your Italian is fantastic. | 你的意大利语真厉害 |
[35:47] | I have a wonderful tutor. | 我有个很棒的个人老师 |
[35:49] | I’ll give you his number if you like. | 我可以给你他电话如果你需要 |
[35:51] | – He’s really good and he needs work. – Oh, great. | -他真的很不错并且他在找工作 -好极了 |
[35:53] | Are you Dutch? German? | 你是荷兰人吗还是德国人 |
[35:55] | Swedish. Even colder people, if you can imagine. | 瑞典人 更靠北 如果你有那个概念 |
[36:00] | – I’m Liz, by the way. – Sofi. | -我是莉兹 -苏菲 |
[37:34] | It’s past. | 是过去的意思 |
[37:47] | Too fast, but okay. | 太快了 但还跟得上 |
[37:53] | Yeah. | 好 |
[38:02] | What a beautiful word. | 多优美的一个词啊 |
[38:04] | Come on, it’s “Let’s cross over.” it’s so ordinary. | 没什么 它就是”我们过街吧” 很普通 |
[38:08] | No, it’s the perfect combination of Italian sounds. | 不 那是种意大利语音的完美组合 |
[38:13] | It’s the wistful “ah,” the rolling trill, | 有着惆怅的”ah” 起伏的颤音 |
[38:15] | the soothing “ess.” | 舒缓的”ess” |
[38:17] | – That’s true. – I love it. | -这倒是真的 -我喜欢 |
[38:19] | All right, let me teach you a word. | 那好 我来教你个词 |
[38:26] | Therapist. | 治疗师 |
[38:32] | – Come on. – Good. You gotta learn humor. | -得了吧 -你得学点儿幽默感 |
[38:33] | – It’s not. – Come on. Cheers. | -才不是呢 -来吧 干杯 |
[38:44] | – Shall we continue Tuesday at 5? – Yes. | -我们周二五点继续吗 -好的 |
[38:46] | – With another bottle of the therapy? – Of course. | -换另一瓶酒治疗吗 -当然 |
[38:49] | – You’re doing very well, Liz. – Thank you. | -你学的很好 莉兹 -谢谢 |
[38:52] | And you must be very polite with yourself… | 你肯定觉得自己很有成就感 |
[38:54] | …when you learn something new. | 当你学到什么新的东西时 |
[38:56] | Yes. Grazie, I agree. | 没错 谢谢[意大利语] 我同意 |
[38:58] | But your English– how are you even | 但你的英语– 你怎么做到的 |
[38:59] | talking to me like this right now? | 想现在这样和我说话 |
[39:02] | I think you’re gonna teach me more than I teach you. | 我想你要多教我一点了 要比我教你的多 |
[39:04] | You have good Italian. Very good. | 你的意大利语很棒 非常好 |
[39:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:52] | I am alone. | 我很孤独 |
[41:53] | I feel so guilty. I’ve been in Rome for three weeks… | 我很有负罪感 我在罗马都待了三个星期了 |
[41:56] | …all I’ve done is learn a few Italian words and eat. | 我所做的就是学意大利语和吃东西 |
[41:59] | You feel guilty because you’re American. | 你有负罪感 因为你是美国人 |
[42:01] | You don’t know how to enjoy yourself. | 你不懂如何让自己享受生活 |
[42:03] | – I beg your pardon? – It’s true. | -你说什么 -是真的 |
[42:05] | Americans know entertainment, but don’t know pleasure. | 美国人懂娱乐 但不懂享乐 |
[42:09] | This is Luca Spaghetti, | 顺便说一句 |
[42:11] | by the way, you know. | 他是卢卡·斯帕盖蒂 |
[42:12] | Your name is Luca Spaghetti? | 你叫卢卡·斯帕盖蒂吗[意大利细面条同名] |
[42:15] | Yes, that’s what our family is called. | 没错 这就是我的家姓 |
[42:17] | We invented it. I’m serious. Listen to me. | 我们自己发明的 我是认真的 听我说 |
[42:20] | You want to know your problem? Americans. | 想知道你的毛病吗 美国人 |
[42:22] | You work too hard. You get burned out. | 你们工作太辛苦了 都精疲力竭了 |
[42:25] | Then you come home and spend the whole weekend | 然后你回到家 换上睡衣 |
[42:28] | in your pajamas in front of the TV. | 坐在电视机前度过整个周末 |
[42:31] | That’s not far off, actually. | 这说的倒是不假 |
[42:33] | But you don’t know pleasure. | 但你们不懂享乐 |
[42:34] | You have to be told you’ve earned it. | 你们应该知道你们理应如此 |
[42:37] | You see a commercial that says, | 你看广告上说 |
[42:39] | “It’s Miller time”… | “米乐时间到”[知名酸奶品牌] |
[42:40] | and you say, “that’s right. Now I will go to buy a six-pack.” | 然后你说”没错 我要去买个六盒装的” |
[42:44] | And drink the whole thing and wake up the next morning | 你喝了酸奶第二天醒来 |
[42:47] | and you feel terrible. | 感觉还是一样糟 |
[42:49] | But an Italian doesn’t need to be told. | 但意大利人不需要被告知 |
[42:52] | He walks by a sign that says, “you deserve a break today”… | 他走着旁边有标记显示”你今天该休息了” |
[42:57] | and he says, “yeah, l know. | 那他会说”是的 我知道 |
[42:58] | That’s why I’m planning on taking a break at noon… | 因此我决定中午的时候休息一下 |
[43:02] | to go over to your house and sleep with your wife.” | 去你家睡你老婆” |
[43:07] | We call it “dolce far niente.” | 我们管这叫”闲散的快乐” |
[43:10] | It means…the sweetness of doing nothing. We are masters of it. | 它是说无所事事的那种愉悦 我们最擅长了 |
[43:28] | He’s right. He says… | 他说的没错 他说… |
[43:30] | you can’t learn Italian like this. | 不能那样学意大利语 |
[43:32] | You don’t speak the language just with your mouth, | 说一种语音你不仅要用的嘴 |
[43:34] | speak it with your hands. | 你还要用你的手 |
[43:37] | Like this? | 像这样吗 |
[43:41] | Okay. It’s yelling. | 算了 那是叫喊呢 |
[43:46] | ‘That meal was excellent’ | “这顿饭棒极了” |
[43:58] | ‘Suck it’ | “糟透了” |
[44:03] | All this gives me a stomachache. | 所有这些让我胃抽筋 |
[44:05] | ‘Screw you’ | “去你的” |
[44:08] | l think that’s my neighbor Lorenzo. | 我想那是我邻居洛伦索 |
[44:13] | ‘Another way to say ‘screw you” | “另外一种说’去你的’的方法” |
[44:28] | So anyway, to start off l’d say…. | 无论如何 一开始我要说 |
[44:30] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[44:33] | Come here. | 过来一下 |
[44:36] | For the table…a big platter of artichoke alla giudia… | 我们这桌要… 一大盘洋蓟 |
[44:41] | prosciutto with melon… | 意大利熏火腿配甜瓜 |
[44:42] | and eggplant with ricotta affumicata. | 茄子配熏乳酪 |
[44:46] | Then spaghetti alla carbonara… | 还要白汁培根意粉 |
[44:48] | pappardelle with ragu of rabbit… | 兔肉宽面 |
[44:50] | and linguini with clams. | 还有蛤蜊扁面 |
[44:53] | Then tripe alla romana… | 罗马式牛肚 |
[44:54] | and saltimbocca. | 和意式煎小牛肉火腿卷 |
[44:56] | And two more liters of the vino sfuso from Genzano. | 再要两升冈扎诺散装酒 |
[44:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:03] | You did it. Wow, yes. | 你成功了 真棒 |
[45:06] | Liz Gilbert, you are a Roman woman now. | 莉兹·吉尔伯特 你已经成为罗马女人了 |
[45:08] | No, only honorary. | 没有 有名无实而已 |
[45:11] | That is a real Roman woman. | 那才是真正的罗马女人 |
[45:16] | Yeah, with a lot of international friends. | 是啊 有一堆外国朋友的罗马女人 |
[45:18] | That one, I’d bite. | 那块肉 我肯定一口吃掉 |
[45:22] | Maybe you and Rome just have different words. | 可能你和罗马词汇不同 |
[45:25] | – Different words? – Yeah. | -词汇不同 -是啊 |
[45:26] | Yeah. It’s like each city has a word, | 嗯 如果仔细想想的话 |
[45:29] | if you really think about it. | 似乎每个城市都有个专门的词汇 |
[45:30] | Like, what is the word for London? | 比如说 伦敦的词是什么 |
[45:33] | – l would say “stuffy.” – l would agree with that. | -我觉得是乏味 -我同意 |
[45:36] | What’s the word for Stockholm? | 斯德哥尔摩呢 |
[45:38] | Are you kidding? “Conform.” | 开什么玩笑 肯定是适宜 |
[45:39] | And New York? | 纽约呢 |
[45:41] | “Ambition” or “Soot.” | 野心勃勃 或者 脏兮兮 |
[45:45] | What’s the word for Rome? | 罗马的词是什么 |
[45:47] | It’s kind of difficult to think about. | 有点难说 |
[45:49] | It’s classic. | 很经典的 |
[45:50] | “sex.” | 色情 |
[45:55] | Of course. | 没错 |
[46:23] | So, what’s your word, Liz? | 那你的那个词是什么 莉兹 |
[46:24] | I’m curious. I can’t figure it out. | 我很好奇 想不出来 |
[46:31] | It might be…. | 也许是 |
[46:34] | It started as “daughter.” I was good at that. | 最开始是女儿 我是个不错的女儿 |
[46:36] | And then… | 然后 |
[46:39] | “wife.” Not so good. | 妻子 这个我做得不怎么样 |
[46:42] | “Girlfriend.” | 女朋友 |
[46:45] | Not so good. | 不怎么样 |
[46:47] | My word’s “writer.” | 我的词是 作家 |
[46:48] | Yeah, but that’s what you do. | 是 但这是你的职业 |
[46:50] | That isn’t who you are, no? | 而不是你是谁 对吧 |
[46:52] | Maybe you’re a woman in search of her word. | 也许你是个正在寻找自己那个词的女人 |
[47:08] | Hey, Sofi, it’s Liz. Let’s go to Naples. | 嗨 苏菲 我是莉兹 我们去那不勒斯吧 |
[47:11] | Maybe my word is “pizza.” | 也许我的那个词是 披萨 |
[47:27] | Listen, lady, I am only 7, but I can | 听着 女士 我才七岁 但我敢说 |
[47:29] | tell you’re a complete moron… | 你是个彻头彻尾的白痴 |
[47:30] | because I am from Naples. | 因为我就是那不勒斯人 |
[47:33] | I love this place, but Giovanni told us to watch out. | 我爱这里 不过乔凡尼说要小心 |
[47:36] | His cousin got mugged here in a museum. | 他堂兄在一个博物馆里被抢了 |
[47:38] | – What, are you serious? – Watch out for the scooter. Yeah. | -真的假的 -注意那些摩托车 |
[47:55] | I’m in love. I’m having a relationship with my pizza. | 我恋爱了 我爱上了我的披萨 |
[47:59] | You look like you’re breaking up | 你看起来和你的披萨 |
[48:00] | with the pizza. What’s the matter? | 分手了 怎么了 |
[48:02] | I can’t. | 我不能吃 |
[48:04] | What do you mean, you can’t? | 什么意思 你不能吃 |
[48:04] | This is pizza in Napoli. | 这可是那不勒斯披萨 |
[48:06] | It is your moral imperative to eat and enjoy that pizza. | 好好吃那个披萨是你的道德使命 |
[48:09] | I want to, but I’ve gained, like, 10 pounds. | 我想吃 可我重了 大概十磅 |
[48:13] | I mean, l’ve got this…. | 我是说 我长了 |
[48:15] | right here. What’s it called? What’s the word? | 在这 这叫什么来着 哪个词来着 |
[48:18] | A muffin top. | 游泳圈 |
[48:21] | I have one too. | 我也有 |
[48:23] | I unbuttoned my jeans like five minutes ago just looking at this. | 我刚才把扣子解开 盯着它看来着 |
[48:25] | Let me ask you a question. | 问你个问题 |
[48:27] | In all the years you’ve ever undressed | 这么多年来 每次你在男人面前 |
[48:29] | in front of a gentleman…. | 脱下衣服 |
[48:31] | – Hasn’t been that many. – All right, well… | -没有很多男人 -好吧 那 |
[48:34] | has he ever asked you to leave? | 他有没有让你离开过 |
[48:36] | – Has he ever walked out? Left? – No. | -他有没有走出去过 走掉 -没有 |
[48:39] | Because he doesn’t care. | 因为他不在乎 |
[48:41] | He’s in a room with a naked girl. He’s won the lottery. | 他和一个裸女同处一室 已经够幸运了 |
[48:44] | I’m so tired of saying no and then waking up in the morning… | 我已经受够了控制食量 每天早上醒来 |
[48:48] | and recalling every single thing I ate the day before. | 仔细盘点昨天吃的每一样东西 |
[48:51] | Counting every calorie I consume so I know exactly… | 仔细数我消耗的每一个卡路里 然后 |
[48:53] | how much self-loathing to take into the shower. | 带着同样多的自我厌恶去洗澡 |
[48:56] | I’m going for it. | 我讨厌这样 |
[48:58] | I have no interest in being obese. | 我并不想长胖 |
[49:01] | I’m just through with the guilt. | 但我不再内疚了 |
[49:02] | This is what I’m gonna do. I’m gonna finish this pizza… | 我要这样 我要吃完这个披萨 |
[49:05] | and then we’re gonna go watch the soccer game. | 然后我们去看足球比赛 |
[49:08] | And tomorrow we’re gonna go on a little date… | 然后明天我们小约会一下 |
[49:10] | and buy ourselves some bigger jeans. | 给自己买几条大点的牛仔裤 |
[49:15] | Giovanni likes a muffin. | 乔凡尼喜欢游泳圈 |
[49:21] | Attagirl. | 好姑娘 |
[49:36] | He’s saying, “for whom are you playing?” | 他说 你为谁而战 |
[49:39] | Per chi, for whom. | 哈 为了谁 |
[49:46] | Pull, pull. I’m sucking it in. | 拉啊 拉啊 我在吸气 |
[49:51] | Put some Swedish muscle into this. | 用用你的瑞典肌肉 |
[49:58] | You think this happened to Sophia Loren? | 你觉得索菲亚·罗兰会遇到这种事吗 |
[49:59] | There it goes. Almost got it. | 就这样 差不多了 |
[50:03] | Go, go, go. You’re not trying. | 加油 加油 你都不使劲 |
[50:07] | I’ve almost got it. I’ve almost got it. I did it. | 快成功了 快成功了 我做到了 |
[50:33] | Oh, that’s beautiful. You should get it. | 很好看 你应该买下来 |
[50:37] | For whom? | 为了谁 |
[50:39] | For you, Liz. Just for you. | 为了你 莉兹 只为你自己 |
[50:46] | No, I’m happy just with my big lady pants. | 不用 有大妈裤子我已经很开心了 |
[51:06] | Thanks for the day. And the leg room. | 今天谢谢你 还有这超级迷你车 |
[51:10] | It was fun. | 很好玩 |
[51:13] | We’re gonna go for food. You wanna come? | 我们去吃东西 你来吗 |
[51:15] | No. No, l’m good. | 不 不用 我不想去 |
[52:19] | The sweetness of doing nothing. | 什么都不做的惬意 |
[52:34] | Please. Please get off the floor. | 求你 求你从地上起来 |
[52:44] | Will you please just…? Will you come up here? | 能不能请你 你能过来吗 |
[52:58] | What if we just acknowledge that we | 如果我们知道 |
[53:00] | have a screwed-up relationship… | 我们的关系毁了 |
[53:02] | and we stick it out anyway? | 然后不管怎样还是坚持下来了 |
[53:06] | We accept that we fight a lot… | 如果我们接受经常吵架 |
[53:10] | and we hardly have sex anymore… | 几乎不做爱了的事实 |
[53:13] | but that we don’t wanna live without each other. | 但还是不愿意失去彼此 |
[53:17] | And that way we can spend our lives together… | 这样我们就能一起过日子了 |
[53:20] | miserable… | 悲惨 |
[53:24] | but happy not to be apart. | 但因为拥有彼此而幸福 |
[53:35] | Dear David, | 亲爱的大卫 |
[53:36] | We haven’t had any communication in a while… | 我们好久没联系了 |
[53:39] | and it’s given me time I needed to think. | 这让我有时间思考 |
[53:42] | Remember when you said we should live | 记不记得你说我们应该悲惨地 |
[53:44] | with each other and be unhappy… | 一起生活 |
[53:45] | so we could be happy? | 这样就能幸福了 |
[53:47] | Consider it a testimony to how much I love you… | 把它当作一种我爱你的誓言 |
[53:49] | that I spent so long pouring myself into that offer… | 我花了很长时间投入 |
[53:52] | trying to make it work. | 想让誓言实现 |
[53:55] | But a friend took me | 有一天 一个朋友带我 |
[53:56] | to the most amazing place the other day. | 去了世界上最神奇的地方 |
[53:58] | It’s called the Augusteum. | 叫奥古斯顿 |
[54:00] | Octavian Augustus built it to house his remains. | 奥古斯都大帝建了它来收藏遗迹 |
[54:04] | When the barbarians came, they trashed | 野蛮人来了 他们摧毁了 |
[54:05] | it along with everything else. | 一切 包括奥古斯顿 |
[54:07] | The great Augustus, | 伟大的奥古斯都 |
[54:08] | Rome’s first true great emperor… | 罗马第一个真正的皇帝 |
[54:11] | how could he have imagined that Rome… | 他怎么能想象 罗马 |
[54:13] | the whole world, as far as he | 和他所知道的全世界 |
[54:14] | was concerned, would one day be in ruins? | 有一天会成为断壁残垣 |
[54:17] | During the dark ages, someone came in here | 黑暗时代 有人闯进来 |
[54:19] | and stole the emperor’s ashes. | 偷走了大帝的骨灰 |
[54:21] | In the 12th century, | 十二世纪时 |
[54:21] | it became a fortress of the Carolino family… | 这成为了卡洛林诺家族的一个要塞 |
[54:23] | then a bullring. | 后来变成斗牛场 |
[54:25] | They stored fireworks in here after that. | 再后来成了烟火仓库 |
[54:28] | Nowadays, it’s used as a bathroom for the homeless… | 现在则是流浪汉的厕所 |
[54:30] | so you better watch your step going down. | 你最好注意脚下 |
[54:36] | It’s one of the quietest and loneliest places in Rome. | 这里是罗马最安静 最寂寥的地方之一 |
[54:40] | The city has grown up around it over centuries. | 城市已经在它周围成长了几个世纪 |
[54:44] | It feels like a precious wound… | 它就像一个珍贵的伤口 |
[54:46] | like a heartbreak you won’t let go of… | 像你不会放弃的心碎 |
[54:49] | because it hurts too good. | 因为它伤得太完美了 |
[54:50] | I like it messy. | 我喜欢乱 |
[54:53] | We all want things to stay the same, David. | 我们都希望事物能保持原样 大卫 |
[54:56] | I guess the guy before me must’ve been some angel, huh? | 我猜你的前任肯定是个天使 对吧 |
[54:58] | Settle for living in misery… | 安于活得悲惨 |
[55:00] | because we’re afraid of change, | 是因为我们害怕改变 |
[55:01] | of things crumbling to ruins. | 害怕事物变成废墟 |
[55:03] | Then I looked around in this place, at the chaos it’s endured… | 我环顾这里 看它经受的这些混乱 |
[55:08] | the way it’s been adapted, burned, pillaged… | 这些改造 焚烧 掠夺 |
[55:11] | then found a way to build itself | 然后又找到了重新塑造自己的 |
[55:12] | back up again, and I was reassured. | 方式 然后我就释然了 |
[55:16] | Maybe my life hasn’t been so chaotic. | 也许我的生活还没有那么糟糕 |
[55:18] | It’s just the world that is… | 世界就是这个样子而已 |
[55:19] | and the only real trap is getting attached to any of it. | 需要小心的 只是逃脱这种生活的念头 |
[55:24] | Ruin is a gift. | 毁灭是种礼物 |
[55:26] | Ruin is the road to transformation. | 毁灭是通向变化的路途 |
[55:29] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[55:32] | You ready? | 可以走了吗 |
[55:34] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[55:43] | Even in this eternal city, | 即使在这个永恒之城 |
[55:45] | the Augusteum showed me… | 奥古斯顿让我明白 |
[55:46] | that we must always be prepared | 我们必须为无尽的变化浪潮 |
[55:48] | for endless waves of transformation. | 做好准备 |
[55:55] | Both of us deserve better than staying together… | 比起绑在一起 我们都应该过得更好 |
[55:57] | because we’re afraid we’ll be destroyed if we don’t. | 不要害怕分开带来的伤害 |
[56:58] | My mother’s stuffing. Stale bread, walnuts, got those. | 我妈妈在填馅 陈面包 胡桃 给 |
[57:01] | Will you get me some more potatoes? | 给我点土豆好吗 |
[57:04] | Oh, I’m always getting you more potatoes. | 我总是在给你土豆 |
[57:07] | It’s my dream, a real American Thanksgiving. | 这是我的梦想 真正的美式感恩节 |
[57:11] | The perfect way to say goodbye to our Liz. | 和我们的莉兹告别的完美方式 |
[57:14] | So… | 那 |
[57:17] | – You leave this week, huh? – Yes. | -你这周就走了 -是的 |
[57:20] | And where are you going? Iran? | 你去哪 伊朗吗 |
[57:23] | India. | 印度 |
[57:27] | Liz is making us an American meal tonight. | 莉兹今晚给我们做一顿美式大餐 |
[57:29] | – You are not married, yeah? – No. | -你没结婚 对吧 -没有 |
[57:33] | What’s wrong with your friend, is she a lesbian? | 你朋友怎么回事 她是同性恋吗 |
[57:39] | No, mama, she’s not a lesbian. | 不是 妈妈 她不是同性恋 |
[57:41] | And she understands Italian. | 而且她能听懂意大利语 |
[57:42] | How’s she going to find another husband and start a family… | 在地球的另一端 她怎么才能 |
[57:45] | when she’s on the other side of the world? | 找到下一任丈夫 组建家庭 |
[57:48] | If a man said, “I’m going to travel for | 如果男人说 我要旅行 |
[57:50] | a year and meet wonderful people….” | 一年 认识各种各样的人 |
[57:53] | But she’s not a man. | 可她不是男人 |
[57:55] | It’s more difficult for a woman to feel | 对女人来说 要觉得自己有选择的权利 |
[57:57] | that she has the right to make choices. | 难上加难 |
[58:01] | – It takes a lot of courage. – Exactly. | -需要很大的勇气 -没错 |
[58:04] | You call it courage, I call it stupidity. | 你说是勇气 我说是傻气 |
[58:07] | Mama, enough. | 妈妈 别说了 |
[58:10] | I know a number of people who would agree with you. | 我知道一堆人都同意你的观点 |
[58:13] | Luca? | 卢卡 |
[58:15] | What time will the turkey be ready? | 火鸡什么时候能准备好 |
[58:17] | The turkey…. | 火鸡 |
[58:20] | I haven’t defrosted it yet. | 我还没解冻呢 |
[58:24] | Oh, shit. | 妈的 |
[58:27] | You only had one thing to do and you screwed it up. | 你只有一件事要做 还搞砸了 |
[58:29] | I was distracted! It can happen! | 我走神了 这太正常了 |
[58:33] | Too much good food! | 有这么多好吃的 |
[58:34] | Too many women! | 这么多女人 |
[58:37] | And I forgot! | 我就把火鸡忘了 |
[58:39] | Now, before we eat, everyone… | 我们吃之前 每个人 |
[58:41] | it is Thanksgiving, so let us give thanks. | 这是感恩节 我们要感恩 |
[58:44] | – Yeah. Come on, join hands. – Okay. | -好 来吧 拉起手来 -好 |
[58:47] | So we just say what we…. | 我们只要说 我们 |
[58:50] | What we thank God for tonight. | 我们为了什么感谢上帝 |
[58:51] | Sofi, why don’t you start? | 苏菲 从你开始怎么样 |
[58:56] | I am grateful for you, Liz… | 我因为你而感激 莉兹 |
[58:59] | for helping me appreciate life… | 你帮我热爱生活 |
[59:04] | with all that comes with it… | 以及这种热爱带来的一切 |
[59:07] | muffin tops and bad times. | 游泳圈和不开心的日子 |
[59:11] | and for Giovanni… | 还有感谢乔凡尼 |
[59:13] | for making me feel… | 让我感到 |
[59:16] | loved and secure. | 被爱 充满安全感 |
[59:20] | And Giulio. | 该朱利奥了 |
[59:21] | Me, I’m grateful for my beautiful family. | 我 我感谢我美满的家庭 |
[59:26] | My two little daughters and my wife. | 我的两个女儿和我的妻子 |
[59:28] | I thank God and the Holy Virgin… | 我要谢谢主和圣母 |
[59:32] | for this very, very special day. | 赐予我这个非常 非常特殊的一天 |
[59:35] | And for this beautiful family… | 还有这个美满的家庭 |
[59:39] | that today is so much bigger. | 今天尤其庞大 |
[59:42] | Very much bigger. | 非常庞大 |
[59:48] | I thank you all for | 为了这种新的庆祝习俗 |
[59:50] | this new custom of celebration. | 我谢谢你们所有人 |
[59:52] | And Liz’s stuffing… | 还有莉兹的填馅劳动 |
[59:55] | and God… | 还有谢谢上帝 |
[59:57] | for my sexiness. | 赐予我性感魅力 |
[1:00:03] | And you, Ruffina? | 你呢 鲁菲纳 |
[1:00:08] | I thank God for my sexiness. | 我感谢主 赐予我性感魅力 |
[1:00:17] | Go ahead. Giovanni. | 继续 乔凡尼 |
[1:00:20] | I thank God for… | 我要谢谢主 |
[1:00:23] | fear… | 赐予我恐惧 |
[1:00:25] | because for the first time… | 因为人生第一次 |
[1:00:30] | I’m afraid the person next to me… | 我害怕坐在我身旁这个人 |
[1:00:33] | will be the one who wants to leave. | 想要离去 |
[1:00:41] | Liz? | 莉兹呢 |
[1:00:45] | Well, this all makes me so grateful. | 这一切都让我觉得感激 |
[1:00:51] | Seeing all you happy people… | 和你们这些快乐的人在一起 |
[1:00:53] | who know how to love each other and take care of each other. | 你们懂得爱彼此 照顾彼此 |
[1:00:59] | I look at the amazing women I’ve met who I admire so much… | 看着这个我欣赏的 了不起的女人 |
[1:01:05] | and the great men, taking care of their women… | 还有这些了不起的男人 照顾他的女人 |
[1:01:08] | and putting their children to bed. | 哄孩子上床睡觉 |
[1:01:13] | I just feel happy… | 我很开心 |
[1:01:15] | to see it and to be part of it. | 因为能目睹这一切 并成为它的一部分 |
[1:01:24] | I’m the luckiest girl in the world. | 我是世界上最幸运的女孩 |
[1:02:54] | It’s a good breakfast, huh? | 不错的早餐吧 |
[1:04:22] | I will take this to your room. | 我把行李拿到你房间去 |
[1:04:30] | It has already started. | 已经开始了 |
[1:05:17] | – I fell asleep. – Yeah. Pity. | -我睡着了 -是啊 真遗憾 |
[1:05:21] | Probably the only person in the world | 也许世界上唯一一个 |
[1:05:22] | who ever fell asleep during meditation. | 在冥想中睡着的人就是你 |
[1:05:32] | – This leads to the meditation garden. – Is the Guru here? | -这通向冥想园 -古鲁在吗 |
[1:05:36] | She’s always here. | 她一直都在 |
[1:05:38] | I know, but is she “here” here? | 我知道 但她是在这吗 |
[1:05:40] | She’s at her ashram in New York. | 她在纽约的修行所呢 |
[1:05:42] | But l came from New York to see her here. | 可是我是从纽约到这来见她的 |
[1:05:45] | Sounds like one of her little tricks. | 听起来像是她的小诡计 |
[1:05:51] | The meditation cave. | 修行洞 |
[1:05:54] | It’s open 24/7 and it’s air-conditioned. | 一周七天全天开放 还带空调 |
[1:06:06] | Corella? | 科瑞拉 |
[1:06:08] | This is Liz Gilbert. | 这是莉兹·吉尔伯特 |
[1:06:09] | Hi. Nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴认识你 |
[1:06:14] | 我在沉默 | |
[1:06:16] | Where did you get that button? | 你从哪搞到那牌子的 |
[1:06:17] | They sell them in the bookstore. | 书店有卖 |
[1:06:19] | That is exactly what I need. I need… | 这正是我要的 我需要 |
[1:06:21] | something like that. Because I don’t listen. | 这样的东西 我不倾听 |
[1:06:23] | I never have. | 我从来不 |
[1:06:24] | My mom used to call me little Miss chatty cathy… | 我妈以前叫我叽叽喳喳小姐 |
[1:06:26] | because I just ramble. I am a rambler. | 因为我喜欢唠叨 我是唠叨鬼 |
[1:06:28] | I am rambling now. I’m sorry. | 我现在就在唠叨了 对不起 |
[1:06:32] | Silence is a wonderful spiritual practice… | 沉默是一种美妙的精神训练 |
[1:06:34] | but if Corella could speak, she’d tell you | 但如果科瑞拉能说话 她会 |
[1:06:36] | it’s more challenging than it looks. | 告诉你这比看起来困难 |
[1:06:38] | – You may wannt wait till you’ve been here for a while. – Okay. | -你可能要过一段时间再试 -好 |
[1:06:53] | Thank you, Corella. I’ll be sure to tell her. | 谢谢 科瑞拉 我会转达给她的 |
[1:06:56] | – What did she say? – No idea. | -她说什么 -不知道 |
[1:06:58] | Why don’t you change into your work clothes. | 换上你的工作服 |
[1:07:00] | I’ll take you to your Seva. | 我带你去歇瓦[无私服务] |
[1:07:01] | It’s a hindu word for “selfless devotional work.” | 这是印度语 无私的奉献工作 |
[1:07:04] | – It’s required of everyone who stays here. – Okay. Thank you. | -这的每个人都要做 -好 谢谢 |
[1:07:35] | Is there anything in this world | 这世界上还有什么 |
[1:07:36] | skinnier than an Indian teenage boy? | 比印度小男孩更苗条吗 |
[1:07:41] | – I’m Tulsi. – Liz. | -我是图丝 -我是莉兹 |
[1:07:43] | Where are you from? | 你从哪来 |
[1:07:45] | The next town. My parents have been | 邻镇 我父母在这 |
[1:07:47] | devotees of the Guru for many years. | 为古鲁工作好多年了 |
[1:07:49] | We spend a lot of time here. | 我们在这过了很长时间 |
[1:07:50] | But… | 但是 |
[1:07:52] | they are trying to marry me off. That’s the custom. | 他们想把我嫁掉 这是习俗 |
[1:07:56] | – That’s not what you want? – No way. It sucks. | -你不想这样 -绝对不想 糟透了 |
[1:08:05] | I want to study psychology, just as our | 我想学心理 就像我们的 |
[1:08:08] | Guru did when she attended college. | 古鲁在大学学的那种 |
[1:08:10] | I prefer to be with god than boys my age. | 比起同龄男孩 我更想和神在一起 |
[1:08:13] | No one in my family understands my coming all the way to India. | 我家里没人理解我为什么到印度来 |
[1:08:18] | Do you ever look at them and wonder, | 你有没有过这种想法 |
[1:08:20] | “What am I doing in this family?” | 我到底在这个家里干嘛 |
[1:08:22] | You have no idea. | 你绝对想象不到 |
[1:08:51] | The Gurugita is an ancient text | 古鲁梵歌是古老的诗篇 |
[1:08:53] | 182 verses long. | 长一百八十二节 |
[1:08:55] | In it, the goddess Parvati is asking Shiva, or god… | 在梵歌中 巴瓦娣女神请湿婆神告诉她 |
[1:08:59] | for the secrets of fulfillment. | 世俗成就的秘密 |
[1:09:02] | It’s said to have transforming qualities. | 上面说 要实现转变 |
[1:09:06] | I would just like to take a risk here and say…. | 我想冒昧地说一下 |
[1:09:09] | Me and Guru Gita, we just do not get along. | 我实在不喜欢古鲁梵歌 |
[1:09:14] | – What is it you have trouble with? – Everything. | -你不喜欢它什么 -什么也不喜欢 |
[1:09:17] | It’s long, it’s tedious, I can’t keep up… | 太长 太无聊 我跟不上 |
[1:09:20] | and I get these insane anxieties | 而且我还莫名其妙地 |
[1:09:23] | about everything in my life… | 对我生活中的一切感到烦躁 |
[1:09:24] | and I’ve lost my place. | 我失去自我了 |
[1:09:27] | Sounds like it has a positive effect | 能让你的情绪和生理反应这么强烈 |
[1:09:29] | if you’re having such strong emotions and physical reactions. | 说明它起了很好的作用 |
[1:09:34] | You keep trying. | 继续坚持 |
[1:09:43] | It is most commendable that you ended your marriage. | 你选择结束婚姻生活真是让人敬佩 |
[1:09:46] | You seem like such a happy, free person now. | 你现在是个自由快乐的女人了 |
[1:09:49] | I think my ex-husband would describe me as selfish. | 我的前夫会说我是个自私的女人 |
[1:09:53] | You mustn’t be angry with yourself or disappointed. | 你别这么垂头丧气的 |
[1:09:57] | You don’t have to make children or be married to have a family. | 没人强迫你建立家庭 结婚生子 |
[1:10:03] | Oh, man. They got mosquitoes here big enough | 天哪 这里的蚊子个儿真大 |
[1:10:06] | to stand flat-footed and screw a chicken. | 都能站直啃鸡肉了 |
[1:10:09] | I love you. | 我好崇拜你 |
[1:10:11] | Liz, have you met Richard from Texas? | 莉兹 你认识德州理查吗 |
[1:10:13] | Hello, Richard from Texas. | 你好 德州理查 |
[1:10:15] | Nice to meet you, groceries. | 很高兴认识你 大胃王 |
[1:10:16] | Groceries? | 大胃王 |
[1:10:17] | Yeah. yeah, I heard you eating before I saw you. | 没错 还没看见你 就先听见你吃东西了 |
[1:10:20] | I never seen anybody eat so much at one time. | 我没见过谁一顿饭吃这么多的 |
[1:10:23] | You sure do enjoy your groceries. | 看样子你很享受做大胃王啊 |
[1:10:26] | You know, it’s been a rough day, | 今天真的很累了 |
[1:10:29] | and if no one takes it personally | 你们继续 |
[1:10:31] | I’m going to take my large meal some place else | 我去别处安安静静地 |
[1:10:33] | to eat it in silence. | 吃完这顿饭 |
[1:10:34] | Oh, no, stay. I’m done. | 别走 你在这吃吧 我吃完了 |
[1:10:41] | Looked like you were working through | 看来这个上午 |
[1:10:42] | some pretty rough stuff this morning. | 你过得很不爽啊 |
[1:10:46] | Stuff with your ex-husband? | 和前夫有关吗 |
[1:10:49] | I got an ex-wife. | 我也离过婚 |
[1:10:52] | She thinks I changed my name to “motherfucker.” | 我的前妻希望我改名叫死混球 |
[1:10:58] | I… | 我 |
[1:11:00] | I just spent some time in Rome | 来这之前我在罗马住了一段时间 |
[1:11:02] | and I came here feeling so great. | 然后来到这里感觉很舒服 |
[1:11:06] | And now here I am, at the source | 在古鲁之地 |
[1:11:07] | and l feel more disconnected than ever. | 我感觉自己与世隔绝了 |
[1:11:13] | Why’d you come here? | 你为什么要来 |
[1:11:16] | I just want some peace. | 我只想得到内心的宁静 |
[1:11:18] | Peace? | 宁静 |
[1:11:21] | You wanna get to the castle, groceries, | 那你应该去城堡里 大胃王 |
[1:11:24] | you got to swim the moat. | 从河里游过去 |
[1:11:29] | Here, you can finish that. I know you can. | 这些你都吃了吧 你可以的 |
[1:11:38] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:11:40] | Simply empty your mind. | 清空思绪 |
[1:11:44] | Breathe. | 呼吸 |
[1:11:47] | What am l going to do when this year is over? | 明年我要做什么呢 |
[1:11:51] | Where am I going to live? | 我要住哪里 |
[1:11:53] | Well, maybe Chicago. | 可能会去芝加哥 |
[1:11:55] | Oh, my god. I could build a meditation room… | 对了 我可以盖一间禅房 |
[1:11:59] | No. stop thinking. | 不要胡思乱想 |
[1:12:01] | Why is this so hard? | 怎么这么难 |
[1:12:09] | Screw you, Corella. how the hell does she do this? | 该死的科瑞拉 她是怎么做到的 |
[1:12:11] | She looks like frigging Mother Teresa. | 她长得可真像特蕾莎修女 |
[1:12:16] | Oh, my god, kill me. | 神啊 杀了我吧 |
[1:12:22] | – Who’s in the moat today? – Shut up. | -游过去了吗 -闭嘴 |
[1:12:24] | Sounds like you wrestled some big-ass crocs. | 和大个鳄鱼搏斗了 |
[1:12:26] | You know what? if you’re so goddamn smart, | 你听好 既然你智慧过人 |
[1:12:29] | what are you doing here? | 你还来这干嘛 |
[1:12:30] | If you’re here, it makes you smart already. | 你在这个地方自然就充满智慧 |
[1:12:32] | Do you wanna talk about what…? | 你想聊聊关于… |
[1:12:33] | No, not to you. thank you. I actually do not, thank you. | 不 不必了 谢谢 |
[1:12:35] | I’m the only one here. | 这里只有我一个人 |
[1:12:36] | you’re gonna talk about it sooner or later. | 咱们早晚得聊 |
[1:12:37] | I cannot focus in there. | 在这我没法专心 |
[1:12:40] | All I think about is my meditation room and how to decorate. | 我现在想的都是盖禅房 怎么装饰 |
[1:12:46] | Are you shitting me? | 你胡言乱语什么呢 |
[1:12:48] | Are you kidding me? | 你没病吧 |
[1:12:49] | The meditation room is within, groceries. decorate that. | 心即是禅房 大胃王 如何装饰 |
[1:12:53] | Do you always talk in bumper sticker? | 你一直这样自欺欺人吗 |
[1:12:54] | I do, and here’s another one. | 是的 还有件事 |
[1:12:56] | You have to learn to select your thoughts | 凡事要仔细考虑 |
[1:12:58] | the way you select your clothes every day. | 就跟你每天选择要穿什么衣服一样 |
[1:13:00] | That’s a power you can cultivate. | 这种能力可以培养的 |
[1:13:02] | You wanna come here and control your life so bad, | 你来这是为了控制自己的生活 |
[1:13:05] | work on the mind. | 用心想想 |
[1:13:06] | That’s the only thing you should control. | 那才是你要做的事 |
[1:13:07] | If you can’t master your thoughts, you’re in trouble. | 如果你还是毫无头绪 一切都是白费 |
[1:13:10] | I am trying. | 我在努力 |
[1:13:12] | Yeah, hello, that’s the damn problem. | 没错 这就是你的症结所在 |
[1:13:13] | Stop trying. surrender. | 别费劲了 认输吧 |
[1:13:15] | Go out into the garden and just sit there and still your mind | 到公园去 坐在那边好好想想 |
[1:13:19] | and you watch what happens. | 想想到底是怎么了 |
[1:13:20] | Why don’t you just let it be? | 你为什么就不看开一点呢 |
[1:13:24] | Has anyone ever told you you look like James Taylor? | 有没有人说你长的像詹姆斯·泰勒 |
[1:13:31] | Every day. | 习惯了 |
[1:13:40] | God, he really does. | 确实很像 |
[1:13:47] | My prayers were always the same. | 每天我都做同样的祈祷 |
[1:13:49] | “Please, god, please. | 上帝啊 求求你 |
[1:13:50] | Open my heart, send me a sign | 打开我的心 指引我 |
[1:13:53] | because we both know I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed.” | 因你我都了解 我并非完美 |
[1:13:58] | Look at you, floating through Calcutta. | 瞧瞧 游移在加尔各答市的女人 |
[1:14:01] | Looks like you had a great meditation. | 看来你用心沉思了 |
[1:14:04] | I probably have malaria now. | 我可能感染上疟疾了 |
[1:14:06] | The bites will go away. | 那些红肿会消失的 |
[1:14:08] | Eventually everything goes away. | 最终万物都会消失的 |
[1:14:10] | You ever done that, groceries? Begged for a sign? | 祈祷了吗 大胃王 祈求指引了没 |
[1:14:14] | That sounds vaguely familiar. | 很耳熟 |
[1:14:16] | Be careful what you wish for. you just might get it. | 许愿时要小心 有可能会实现 |
[1:14:18] | What is your problem? | 你这人是怎么回事 |
[1:14:20] | Did you fall in love with the wrong woman or something? | 情路不顺吗 |
[1:14:24] | Excuse me, Miss Gilbert. | 等一下 吉尔伯特小姐 |
[1:14:26] | You have a phone call. | 有电话找你 |
[1:14:29] | How’s the Gurugita treating you? | 古鲁梵歌修行得如何了 |
[1:14:33] | Fine. you’d like her. | 还好 你也会喜欢的 |
[1:14:37] | Did you get my e-mail? | 你收到我的邮件了吗 |
[1:14:40] | Yeah. I’m sorry I didn’t call sooner. | 收到了 很抱歉没及时给你回复 |
[1:14:44] | Why didn’t you? | 为什么 |
[1:14:46] | Because if I didn’t respond we were still having a conversation. | 只有这样才能和你保持联系 |
[1:14:49] | I was still in it. | 还能找到你 |
[1:14:53] | I’m sorry. we were just bad timing. | 抱歉 我们闹得很不愉快 |
[1:14:59] | I just wanted things to be easy. | 我只是想过得轻松些 |
[1:15:02] | We were good when things were easy. | 生活轻松大家都相安无事 |
[1:15:04] | It’s not that I need “easy” right now. | 如今都无所谓了 |
[1:15:07] | I just can’t have “so hard.” | 我只是不知道遇到困难该怎么办 |
[1:15:11] | Well, you sound good. | 听上去你过得不错 |
[1:15:13] | Stronger. | 更坚强了 |
[1:15:14] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[1:15:17] | Yeah, well, I’m an actor, Liz. | 是啊 我是个演员 莉兹 |
[1:15:23] | I got a part. | 我争取到一个角色 |
[1:15:27] | It’s off-broadway, but it’s pretty cool. | 虽然不是百老汇的剧 不过很棒 |
[1:15:30] | I’m happy for you. | 我也为你开心 |
[1:15:34] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:15:36] | Well, I’ll see you around, kid. | 后会有期 |
[1:16:05] | Check you out. | 你在这儿啊 |
[1:16:07] | I have never seen you so focused. | 从未见你如此专心啊 |
[1:16:22] | You need a Thums Up. | 去喝一杯大拇指吧 |
[1:16:26] | No, no. No lips on the bottle. | 不行 别用嘴碰瓶子 |
[1:16:30] | First rule in India | 在印度 |
[1:16:31] | is never touch anything but yourself. | 首要原则就是别碰任何东西 除了你自己 |
[1:16:36] | Oh, good god. that’s, like, five times sweeter than coke. | 哇哦 这个可比可乐甜多了 |
[1:16:45] | I think it might have methamphetamines in it. | 里面可能放了甲基安非他命 |
[1:16:49] | We can only hope. | 希望如此 |
[1:16:54] | I know you feel awful. | 我知道你心情很差 |
[1:16:57] | But your life’s changing. | 你的生活在改变 |
[1:17:00] | That’s not a bad thing. | 这不是件坏事 |
[1:17:02] | And you’re in the perfect place for it. | 你现在最适合呆在这儿 |
[1:17:04] | Surrounded by grace. | 充满慈悲的地方 |
[1:17:06] | I thought I was over him, but | 我以为我已经放下他了 可是 |
[1:17:11] | I love him. | 我依然爱着他 |
[1:17:13] | Big deal. | 不得了 |
[1:17:14] | So you fell in love with someone. | 你爱上某人了 |
[1:17:16] | I really miss him. | 我很想他 |
[1:17:17] | So miss him. | 那就想啊 |
[1:17:19] | Send him some light and love every time you think of him, | 想他的时候就把爱送给他 |
[1:17:21] | then drop it. | 然后作罢 |
[1:17:23] | You know, if you could clear out all that space in your mind | 假如你清除内心那块现在用来痴恋那家伙 |
[1:17:27] | that you’re using to obsess over this guy | 和你失败婚姻的空间 |
[1:17:29] | and your failed marriage, you’d have a vacuum with a doorway. | 你心里讲留下一个空白 一个开放的地方 一个门洞 |
[1:17:33] | And you know what the universe would do with that doorway? | 你猜宇宙会怎么处理这个门洞 |
[1:17:37] | Rush in. God would rush in. | 迅速出动 神会迅速出动 |
[1:17:41] | Fill you with more love than you ever dreamed of. man. | 让你的心装满超越想象的爱 |
[1:17:50] | Groceries. | 大胃王 |
[1:17:52] | I think you have the capacity someday to love the whole world. | 我想有一天你会爱上整个世界 |
[1:18:02] | What do they sell over there? | 那边卖的是什么 |
[1:18:09] | Ganesh. remover of obstacles. | 象头神甘内什 辟邪的 |
[1:18:16] | I’m gonna need a lot of these. | 我要买很多个 |
[1:18:18] | Speaking of elephants, there’s a rogue | 说到象 这个地方有一头离群象 |
[1:18:20] | elephant on the loose in the area. | 四处游荡 |
[1:18:23] | He was with carnival. | 脸上有狂欢节标记 |
[1:18:24] | They say he is very, very unpredictable and volatile. | 据说它行踪不定 性格诡异 |
[1:18:28] | That just makes him more attractive to her. | 你这么说她反而更感兴趣 |
[1:18:30] | How’d you get to be so smart? | 你怎么什么都知道 |
[1:18:32] | I’ll bet it was the hard way. | 修炼到你这样很难吧 |
[1:18:33] | Don’t change the subject. | 别转移话题 |
[1:18:35] | Well, when is this grieving phase going to pass? | 让整个悲痛过去 还得花多少时间 |
[1:18:39] | You want a day on a calendar you can circle? | 难道你想要一个能在月历上圈起来的确切日期 |
[1:18:42] | Can you give me one? | 你能帮我吗 |
[1:18:42] | No. You got to do the work. | 不能 你得去干活 |
[1:18:45] | Meditate and go to Seva | 禅坐 还有歇瓦 |
[1:18:48] | and most important, get your butt down to the geet every morning | 最重要的是每天去听听声乐 |
[1:18:51] | and something’ll change. | 慢慢地就好了 |
[1:18:53] | I just cannot get through the Guru Gita. | 我就是领悟不透古鲁梵语 |
[1:18:55] | I can’t find that feeling of devotion. | 我无法全心投入 |
[1:18:57] | Okay. Devotion’s love. | 好吧 有爱才会投入 |
[1:18:59] | Pick somebody or something you wanna devote it to. | 想想你愿为之奉献的人或事 |
[1:19:01] | It doesn’t have to be the Guru. It’s all the same to her. | 不一定要选古鲁 对她来说都一样 |
[1:19:04] | This is about you. | 这是你自己的事 |
[1:19:08] | Can l tell you something, groceries? | 能跟你说件事吗 |
[1:19:10] | You got some serious control issues. | 你有相当严重的控制问题 |
[1:19:13] | Is it obvious? | 这么明显 |
[1:19:15] | All right, Richard, get out from inside my head now. | 好了 理查德 我不要你继续在我脑子里溜达 |
[1:19:19] | Shut the door. | 记得把门关上 |
[1:19:23] | – That’s him? – That’s him. | -就是他吗 -是他 |
[1:19:26] | – He’s hideous. – No, he’s not. he’s cute. | -面目可憎的男人 -不是啊 很可爱 |
[1:19:31] | He’s a sagittarius. | 他是射手座的 |
[1:19:33] | He studies computer programming in Delhi. | 他现在在德里学计算机编程 |
[1:19:35] | He has very good grades. | 成绩不错 |
[1:19:37] | And his family is very, very wealthy. | 他家很有钱 |
[1:19:41] | He will be very conceited and dictatorial. | 他肯定是个自负且大男子主义的男人 |
[1:19:48] | My life is over at 17. | 17岁之后我的人生就不是自己的了 |
[1:19:56] | Tulsi. | 图丝 |
[1:22:35] | Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the dance floor | 女士们 先生们 欢迎莉兹还有史蒂芬 |
[1:22:37] | for their very first couples dance, Liz and Stephen. | 这对新婚夫妻来跳第一支舞 |
[1:22:53] | My people. | 各位 |
[1:22:55] | – Are you ready? – I’m ready. | -准备好了吗 -准备好了 |
[1:22:59] | – You look beautiful. – Thank you. | -你真美 -谢谢 |
[1:23:01] | I married a hottie. | 我娶了一位可人儿 |
[1:23:06] | What is that? that’s not our song. | 这是什么音乐 这不是我们的曲子 |
[1:23:08] | No, it is not. | 是的 不是 |
[1:23:09] | Baby, that’s not our song. | 亲爱的 这曲子不是我们选的那个 |
[1:23:11] | – Definitely not. – Everybody’s looking at us. | -肯定不是 -大家都在看我们呢 |
[1:23:14] | It’s okay. I’m gonna go talk to the guy. It’s gonna be fine. | 没事 我去跟那个人说 我来搞定 |
[1:23:28] | – I told you I’d get it. – This is taking care of it? | -我跟你说过我会跳 -就这么搞定吗 |
[1:24:29] | I owe you a wedding gift. | 我还没送你结婚礼物 |
[1:24:31] | I didn’t know what was appropriate. | 我不知道送什么合适 |
[1:24:35] | I wanted to tell you l’ve been… | 我想告诉你我… |
[1:24:39] | dedicating my Gurugita to you. | 要把我的古鲁梵歌送给你 |
[1:24:42] | Imagining you happy is what got me through it. | 想象你幸福让我领悟到梵歌的意义 |
[1:24:49] | What did it look like | 是什么样子的 |
[1:24:52] | when I was happy? | 我开心吗 |
[1:24:57] | I imagine you and Rijul | 我想象你和瑞修 |
[1:25:01] | smiling and looking at each other with | 微笑着看着彼此 |
[1:25:05] | love and kindness. | 眼神充满爱 |
[1:25:08] | It seemed very real. | 感觉很真实 |
[1:25:13] | Thank you so much, Liz. | 谢谢你 莉兹 |
[1:25:17] | That helps me to believe it as well. | 我也希望是这样 |
[1:25:36] | Thinking about your own wedding? | 在回忆自己的婚礼吗 |
[1:25:39] | Yeah, me too | 我也是 |
[1:25:41] | The funny thing about weddings, | 婚礼上快乐的事 |
[1:25:43] | you end up thinking about yourself. | 最后想到自己 |
[1:25:46] | Did you throw yourself a big shindig? | 你们的婚礼很热闹 |
[1:25:48] | Big, white, floppy dress? | 你穿着白色的大宽松裙 |
[1:25:51] | Yep. I arranged it all. | 婚礼的一切都是我的操办的 |
[1:25:55] | Nobody forced me into anything. | 一切由我做主 |
[1:25:58] | Yeah. and now you can’t forgive yourself. | 如今你无法原谅自己 |
[1:26:00] | Honestly, I’m waiting for him to forgive me. | 说实话 我一直在等他原谅我 |
[1:26:05] | To release me. | 释怀我的所作所为 |
[1:26:06] | Waiting for him to forgive you is a damn waste of time, groceries. | 等他的原谅简直是在浪费时间 |
[1:26:09] | Forgive yourself. | 自己原谅自己吧 |
[1:26:13] | It’s not that easy. | 说得容易 |
[1:26:33] | Good night, Richard. | 晚安 理查 |
[1:26:35] | – Follow me. – I’m tired. | -跟我来 -我累了 |
[1:26:38] | Get your butt up here. | 马上过来 |
[1:27:06] | It’s not a pretty story | 这是个悲伤的故事 |
[1:27:09] | but it’s pretty classic. | 却很经典 |
[1:27:12] | Too much alcohol, too many drugs, too much mindless cheating. | 夹杂着酒精 毒品 不负责任地背叛 |
[1:27:18] | Just regret. | 遗憾 |
[1:27:24] | Ocean of regret. | 许多遗憾 |
[1:27:29] | I lost everything. | 我失去了一切 |
[1:27:31] | My pride, my job. | 我的自尊 我的工作 |
[1:27:35] | My family. | 还有我的家庭 |
[1:27:39] | I lost my family. | 我失去了家庭 |
[1:27:54] | One day after work, | 有一天下班之后 |
[1:27:55] | I stopped off at a bar and I got shitfaced. | 我去了酒吧 喝得烂醉 |
[1:27:59] | I was a lot like you, you know. | 那时的我和你很像 |
[1:28:01] | I was just…I don’t know. I thought too much, I felt too…. | 我…想了很多 我觉得 |
[1:28:06] | I wanted to feel nothing. | 我希望自己是麻木的 |
[1:28:12] | I should’ve called a cab, but I didn’t. | 我应该叫出租车的 可我没有 |
[1:28:14] | I just got in my car and l drove home. | 我开车回家 |
[1:28:21] | My little boy…. | 我的小儿子… |
[1:28:28] | He was 8 years old at the time. | 那时他才8岁 |
[1:28:36] | He was sitting in the driveway with his little hot wheels, | 他拿着玩具车坐在车库前 |
[1:28:39] | waiting for his lost…drunk, miserable dad | 等着他那失败 穷困的酒鬼爸爸 |
[1:28:44] | to come home and play with him. | 回家和他玩 |
[1:28:49] | I didn’t see him. | 我没看见他 |
[1:28:52] | I didn’t. I just roared into that | 我没有 我开车冲进车库 |
[1:28:54] | driveway and I didn’t see my little boy. | 没有看到我的小儿子 |
[1:28:59] | But he…no, he…. | 可是他 |
[1:29:03] | He got out of the way. | 他躲开了 |
[1:29:09] | He was used to getting out of the way when I was around. | 每次我开车回家他都知道要躲远点 |
[1:29:14] | And I…you know, I don’t… | 而我 我… |
[1:29:16] | I don’t know. I don’t remember a thing. | 我什么都记不得了 |
[1:29:17] | Next day, I woke up and they were gone. | 转天我醒来 他们都走了 |
[1:29:22] | My wife had been watching what happened out the window. | 我的妻子在屋里看见这一切发生 |
[1:29:28] | She just wasn’t gonna…. | 她不想… |
[1:29:31] | She just wasn’t gonna do it anymore. | 她不想再过这样的生活 |
[1:29:35] | So…. | 所以 |
[1:29:41] | He’s 18 now. | 他现在已经18岁了 |
[1:29:43] | He’s in school and, oh, god, he’s so smart. | 考上了大学 他很聪明 |
[1:29:52] | God, he’s so funny and he’s…. | 他很逗人喜欢 |
[1:29:58] | He’s so sweet. | 很乖 |
[1:30:06] | I missed it all. | 我错过了一切 |
[1:30:08] | I missed my son’s growing up. just missed it. | 我没有尽到父亲的责任 |
[1:30:28] | Okay? | 你了解吗 |
[1:30:33] | Come here. | 来 |
[1:30:42] | Here’s the deal. | 做个约定 |
[1:30:44] | You’re gonna stay here till you forgive yourself. | 原谅了自己才能离开这里 |
[1:30:47] | You hear me? | 明白吗 |
[1:30:50] | Everything else will take care of itself. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[1:30:54] | Is this where you forgave yourself? | 这里是你忏悔的地方吗 |
[1:31:00] | I’m trying, Elizabeth. | 我一直在努力 伊莉莎白 |
[1:31:03] | I am trying. | 我在努力 |
[1:31:58] | I believe this is the song they were supposed to play at our wedding. | 我觉得咱们婚礼上乐队应该放的是这首歌 |
[1:32:39] | I did love you, Stephen. | 我爱过你 史蒂芬 |
[1:32:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:32:52] | But I still love you. | 可我还爱着你 |
[1:33:04] | So love me. | 那就爱吧 |
[1:33:12] | But I miss you. | 我想你 |
[1:33:18] | So miss me. | 那就想吧 |
[1:33:21] | Send me love and light every time you think of me | 想我时就把爱送给我 |
[1:33:25] | then drop it. | 然后释放掉 |
[1:33:45] | It won’t last forever. | 爱不会一直存在的 |
[1:33:49] | Nothing does. | 世上无永恒 |
[1:34:11] | – Bye-bye. – Goodbye, Mr. Richard. | -再见 -再见 理查 |
[1:34:13] | I’ll see you. | 我会想你的 |
[1:34:16] | Now that you’re going, who is gonna kick my ass every day? | 你走了 以后谁教训我呢 |
[1:34:19] | Oh, I’d stay till a monsoon swept me away if I could. Bye-bye. | 我也希望我能呆到暴风把我卷走 |
[1:34:24] | But you’ve got bills to pay and houses to build. | 你还得出钱修房子 |
[1:34:26] | You just keep doing the work and | 你会努力工作 |
[1:34:28] | move on with your life, will you? | 好好生活吧 |
[1:34:29] | The man is getting on a plane and you’re still bossing me. | 你都要上飞机了还不忘嘱咐我 |
[1:34:33] | Move on, use mosquito repellent and | 好好生活 用驱蚊水 |
[1:34:37] | I don’t know. there were some other things. i wrote them down. | 记不住了 你说的事我都写下来了 |
[1:34:46] | Go back to Texas, Richard. | 回德克萨斯吧 理查 |
[1:34:57] | Well, I ain’t getting any prettier standing here. | 因为站在这里也不会让我漂亮些 |
[1:35:02] | So I’m off. | 我走了 |
[1:35:14] | Hey, groceries. | 嘿 大胃王 |
[1:35:16] | Believe in love again. | 重新相信爱情吧 |
[1:35:41] | Liz. Liz, I’ve just taken my badge off today. | 莉兹 莉兹 我今天取下徽章了 |
[1:35:44] | I’ve done so well. Four weeks of silence. It was so dull. | 我做得很好 四周沉默不语 超级无聊 |
[1:35:47] | But you know, it’s like a facelift because your face… | 但是你知道吗 这可就跟整容似的 |
[1:35:50] | you know, just relaxes and your | 觉得自己的脸放松了 |
[1:35:51] | throat just drops down. It’s a bargain. | 咽喉也舒服了 简直是大收获 |
[1:35:54] | We’ve got so much to catch up on. | 我们有好多话要说 |
[1:35:56] | I am in SILENCE | 我在沉默 |
[1:35:59] | Oh, golly. Good for you. You will get so much out of that. | 天哪 这可是好事 你会收获很多的 |
[1:36:05] | And your throat will look amazing as well. | 你的咽喉也会感觉神清气爽的 |
[1:36:13] | Excuse me, Elizabeth. | 不好意思 伊莉莎白 |
[1:36:14] | They’re asking you to report to the seva office after dinner… | 想请你饭后去志愿者办公室报到 |
[1:36:17] | if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[1:36:19] | We’re taking you off the floor-scrubbing team. | 我们要把你从地面清洁组里选出来 |
[1:36:22] | There are about 50 devotees arriving | 明天有来自世界各地的50位志愿者 |
[1:36:24] | tomorrow from all over the world… | 来这里做为期10天的道场学习 |
[1:36:25] | for a 10-day retreat and we’d like you to be the key hostess. | 希望届时由你担当主招待 |
[1:36:30] | We ask that you don’t take part during the meditations. | 这段时间你不用参与沉默冥想的活动 |
[1:36:33] | We need you to watch over the flock, | 需要由你照看大家 |
[1:36:35] | make sure everyone is all right. | 确保每一个人都安好 |
[1:36:38] | We call the person who does this job little suzy creamcheese. | 做这种工作的人总被称为好看不中用 |
[1:36:42] | You need to be social and bubbly and smiling all the time. | 你的主要任务就是温和有礼地保持微笑 |
[1:36:50] | Madam… | 夫人 |
[1:36:52] | I’m your girl. | 听您差遣 |
[1:36:58] | Hello my name is Elizabeth | 大家好 我叫伊莉莎白 |
[1:37:09] | So just find your suitcase, it should be around here somewhere… | 请在这附近找到您的行李箱 |
[1:37:13] | and then head down the path to your room. | 然后从那条路去您的房间 |
[1:37:16] | So the holy truth of the whole aventure here in India, is in one line, | 印度之旅的神圣意义归根结底就是一句话 |
[1:37:22] | God dwells within you as you. | 上帝与你同在 |
[1:37:25] | God’s not interested in watching a performance… | 上帝并没有兴趣去观览 |
[1:37:28] | of how a spiritual person looks and behaves. | 信教的人长什么样 做什么事 |
[1:37:30] | The quiet girl who glides silently through the place… | 或者那个渐渐浮现在镜头之中 |
[1:37:34] | with a gentle, ethereal smile, who is that person? | 带着温柔美好笑容的安静姑娘 她是谁 |
[1:37:37] | That’s Ingrid Bergman in the bells of St. Mary’s, not me. | 是圣玛丽等待应门的英格丽·褒曼 不是我 |
[1:37:42] | God dwells within me as me. | 但是上帝与我同在 |
[1:38:51] | Ketut Liyer Painter and wood carvings. | 老四赖爷 主营绘画与雕木业务 |
[1:38:55] | Child tormented by demon. | 这孩子被恶魔折磨 |
[1:39:05] | It looks like teething. | 看上去是因为到了出牙期 |
[1:39:07] | Same thing. | 还不是一回事 |
[1:39:12] | Your turn. | 该你了 |
[1:39:20] | Hello, Ketut. | 你好 赖爷 |
[1:39:22] | I’m very happy to meet you. | 很高兴见到了 |
[1:39:24] | You are a world traveler. | 你是个世界的旅人 |
[1:39:27] | No, I came to see you about a year ago. | 不 大约一年前我就来找过你 |
[1:39:30] | – You girl from California? – No, I girl from New York. | -是加利福尼亚那个姑娘吗 -不 是纽约那个 |
[1:39:35] | Don’t remember. | 不记得了 |
[1:39:40] | Well, you told me I should come back here to Bali. | 当时你说我应该回到巴厘岛 |
[1:39:42] | You said I could help you with your English… | 你说我可以来帮你练习英语 |
[1:39:45] | and you would teach me the things that you know. | 然后你会教我一些你所知的事 |
[1:39:51] | You gave me this. | 你给了我这个 |
[1:39:53] | Okay. | 你看 |
[1:40:00] | You. You. I remember you. | 是你 是你 我记得你 |
[1:40:04] | – Oh, good. – You sad girl from New York. | -太好了 -你是纽约那个愁眉苦脸的姑娘 |
[1:40:06] | – Yes. – You Liss. You came back. | -没错 -你是小莉 你回来了 |
[1:40:08] | – I came back. – You, you, you. | -我回来了 -没错 是你 |
[1:40:11] | Me, me, me. | 是我 是我 |
[1:40:12] | So long ago we meet. | 好久没见了 |
[1:40:14] | Last time, you have too much worry, too much sorrow. | 上次你来的时候 满脸愁容 满心忧虑 |
[1:40:20] | Last time, you look like sad old woman. | 上次你来的时候 看上去就像个老年怨妇 |
[1:40:24] | Now you pretty. | 现在你美多了 |
[1:40:27] | – Why so different? – Well… | -为什么变化这么大 -这个… |
[1:40:29] | A lot of things, really. | 发生了太多事 真的 |
[1:40:31] | But I was in Rome for four months, just feeding myself… | 我在罗马待了四个月 享尽美食 |
[1:40:35] | and then I went to live at an ashram in India. | 后来我又去了印度的道场 |
[1:40:38] | Now, we put together. | 现在我们又见面了 |
[1:40:40] | Exactly. That’s why I’m here. | 没错 所以我才回到这里 |
[1:40:41] | Ketut good for that. | 赖爷很高兴你回来 |
[1:40:43] | What’d you give him? | 你给他吃啥灵丹妙药了 |
[1:40:47] | Do you still want me to help you with your English? | 你还想让我帮你训练英语吗 |
[1:40:50] | English later, Liss. | 英语的事等会儿再说 小莉 |
[1:40:52] | First, better idea. | 首先谈更重要的事 |
[1:41:00] | How old are these? | 这些东西很有年头了吧 |
[1:41:02] | From grandfather. Very important spells. | 我祖父留下的 是很重要的符咒 |
[1:41:05] | Also mantras, cures. | 还有颂歌 疗法等 |
[1:41:08] | Thousand years’ worth. | 几千年积累下来的财富 |
[1:41:10] | All I have, all l know, right here. | 我所知所能的一切 都在这里 |
[1:41:14] | You copy for me? | 你为我复制一份吧 |
[1:41:15] | Absolutely. I can go to town and take these– | 当然可以 我可以把这些拿去城里 |
[1:41:18] | No. You don’t take. | 不 你不能带走 |
[1:41:22] | You copy here, better, Liss. | 你用这个誊写更好些 小莉 |
[1:41:25] | I take a nap now. I very old. | 我得打个盹休息下 我毕竟老了 |
[1:41:30] | How old are you, Ketut? | 你有多大年纪了 赖爷 |
[1:41:32] | One hundred and one… | 101岁 |
[1:41:33] | …or maybe 64. | 也许是64岁吧 |
[1:41:36] | Don’t remember. | 不记得了 |
[1:41:47] | This is gonna take me the rest of my life. | 估计我这辈子都抄不完吧 |
[1:41:49] | He make you pretty, find you husband, | 他可以让你变得美丽 找到爱人 |
[1:41:52] | you work hard for him. | 你要为他继续抄下去 |
[1:41:53] | That’s exactly opposite of why I’m here. | 我来这儿的原因刚好相反 |
[1:41:55] | Everybody need husband. | 每个人都需要爱人 |
[1:42:04] | Would you mind getting me a glass of water, please? | 你愿意给我那杯水吗 |
[1:42:06] | No. | 不 |
[1:42:07] | Fine. Keep making copies. I get water. | 好吧 你接着抄 我去给你拿 |
[1:42:26] | So, Liz, the Balinese believe that | 莉兹 巴厘岛人崇信 |
[1:42:27] | Bali’s the center of the universe. | 巴厘岛是宇宙的中心 |
[1:42:29] | And here we are in the center of bali. | 而我们正处于巴厘岛的中心 |
[1:42:31] | You got the one bedroom, got your fish pond. | 你有一件卧室 一处鱼塘 |
[1:42:34] | You got your own meditation temple. | 还有自己的冥想殿 |
[1:42:36] | I tell you, since the bombing, tourism’s been way down… | 自从巴厘岛爆炸案后 旅游业不景气 |
[1:42:38] | …so I can give you this place at a very, | 所以我能够以很便宜的价格 |
[1:42:40] | very good price right now. | 把这地方给你 |
[1:42:42] | Paradise. | 真是天上人间 |
[1:42:46] | – I’ll take it. – People in Bali understand… | -我就要它了 -巴厘岛的人们明白 |
[1:42:49] | …in order to stay happy, must always know where you are… | 要得到长久幸福 必须随时随地 |
[1:42:52] | …every moment. | 了解自己的所在 |
[1:42:54] | Right here is perfect balance. | 这个地方出于绝妙的平衡之中 |
[1:42:56] | Right at meeting of heaven and earth. | 正是天地交汇之处 |
[1:43:00] | Not too much god, not too much selfish. | 没有太多神学因素 也没有太多人性私欲 |
[1:43:03] | Otherwise, life too crazy. | 否则生命就会过于疯狂 |
[1:43:06] | You lose balance, you lose power. | 你若失去这种平衡 就会失去力量 |
[1:43:10] | In morning, you do meditation from India. | 早晨你可以做在印度学到的冥想 |
[1:43:13] | Serious. Very serious. | 投入严肃的精神 |
[1:43:16] | In day, you enjoy Bali. | 白天你可以尽情享受巴厘风光 |
[1:43:27] | Then in afternoon, come see me. | 到了下午 你就来见我 |
[1:43:38] | End of day, you do new meditation. | 一日将尽的时候 你做一种新的冥想 |
[1:43:41] | Very simple. | 很简单的 |
[1:43:42] | Sit in silence and smile. | 只需要静坐着微笑 |
[1:43:47] | I feel balanced already. | 我已经感觉到平衡了 |
[1:43:48] | Not so easy, Liss. | 没有这么简单 小莉 |
[1:43:50] | Smile with face. Smile with mind. | 脸上挂着笑 心里带着笑 |
[1:43:55] | Even smile in liver. | 甚至五脏六腑也带着笑意 |
[1:43:59] | See you later, alligator. | 回头见 小钝吻鳄 |
[1:45:15] | Oh, god. | 天哪 |
[1:45:17] | – Are you all right? – Are you blind? | -你还好吗 -你瞎了吗 |
[1:45:19] | – Please, let me take you to a doctor. – I’m fine. I just– | -对不起 让我带你去看医生 -我没事 我只是… |
[1:45:28] | It looks bad. | 看上去很糟糕 |
[1:45:30] | Very bad, Liss. | 很糟糕 小莉 |
[1:45:31] | – What happen? – This idiot ran me off the road. | -怎么回事 -有个疯子把我从路上撞出去了 |
[1:45:35] | A man? He rich? | 一个男人吗 很富有吗 |
[1:45:38] | This very hot. | 这伤口有些棘手 |
[1:45:40] | – You need healer. – I have you. You’re a medicine man. | -你需要治疗 -你在这儿 你是巫医 |
[1:45:43] | – No. You need Wayan. – Yeah. | -不 你需要大姐 -没错 |
[1:45:57] | Jamu. Drink this. Better than antibiotic. | 佳木汤药 喝这个比吃抗生素还有效 |
[1:46:07] | She make you drink this? | 她也让你喝这个吗 |
[1:46:08] | – My name’s liz. What’s yours? – Tutti. | -我叫莉兹 你呢 -图蒂 |
[1:46:11] | Nice to meet you, Tutti. | 很高兴见到你 图蒂 |
[1:46:13] | – Are you married? – No. | -你结婚了吗 -没有 |
[1:46:22] | You sure? Not even once? | 你确定吗 一次都没有结过 |
[1:46:24] | Okay, well, there was this one time… | 好吧 有过那么一次 |
[1:46:26] | …but I find when I tell people in | 但是每次我告诉巴厘的人我离过婚 |
[1:46:28] | Bali that I’m divorced, it upsets them. | 他们很不能接受 |
[1:46:30] | Me too, divorce. | 我也离过婚 |
[1:46:33] | Divorce make you sad and make you an outcast. | 离婚使人悲伤 被人鄙弃 |
[1:46:39] | You have no sex for a long time, baby. | 你很久没有性生活了 亲爱的 |
[1:46:42] | I can tell by your knee. | 我从你膝盖都能看出来 |
[1:46:44] | The cartilage very dry. | 关节部分很干燥 |
[1:46:46] | Hormones from sex lubricate joint. | 只有性爱刺激的荷尔蒙能润滑这里 |
[1:46:48] | – Okay. – I pray for you. | -好吧 -我为你祈祷 |
[1:46:50] | We sisters. | 苦难的姐妹 |
[1:46:53] | Armenia! | 亚美尼亚 |
[1:46:58] | Armenia from Brazil. | 亚美尼亚来自巴西 |
[1:47:00] | Armenia, this is Liz from New York. | 亚美尼亚 这是来自纽约的莉兹 |
[1:47:02] | – Hi. – Lovely to meet you, Liz. | -你好 -很高兴见到你 莉兹 |
[1:47:04] | Do you have time for a banana root hair treatment? | 这次有时间用香蕉根做头发护理吗 |
[1:47:06] | – Yes, of course. – It makes the hair long and lustrous. | -当然 -这会让头发秀长有光泽 |
[1:47:09] | Like cher circa 1975. | 就像1975的雪儿·希卡一样 |
[1:47:15] | Do you have a nice dress? | 你有合适的漂亮裙子吗 |
[1:47:17] | One. | 就一套 |
[1:47:17] | Put it on tonight, come to the beach shack. | 今晚穿上到海滨的棚屋来吧 |
[1:47:20] | I’ll introduce you to everyone. The expats, the locals. | 我把你介绍给大家 移民和本地人 |
[1:47:23] | You’ll dance. You will love it. | 你得跳支舞 你会喜欢的 |
[1:47:25] | Oh, no, I don’t think I can dance with my leg like this. | 恐怕不行 我腿上有伤没法跳舞 |
[1:47:28] | Of course you can. Leg no problem. | 你肯定能跳 腿不会影响的 |
[1:47:31] | You see. | 到时候你就知道了 |
[1:47:33] | Now you have to come. | 那你一定得来了 |
[1:48:28] | Hi. Could I get a tequila on the | 你好 能给我来一杯 |
[1:48:30] | rocks with a lot of lime, please? | 龙舌兰混合莱姆酒吗 |
[1:48:32] | Coming right up. | 马上拿来 |
[1:48:39] | Can l buy you a drink? | 我能请你喝一杯吗 |
[1:48:41] | No, thank you, I’m fine. | 不 谢谢 我自己很好 |
[1:48:43] | I– I almost killed you. | 我…我差点害死你 |
[1:48:45] | I am sorry for that, really. | 我对此感到很抱歉 真的 |
[1:48:49] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:48:51] | I’m sorry, really. | 我很抱歉 真的 |
[1:48:56] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[1:49:08] | I’m sorry I’m laughing, but it’s amazing. | 我不该在这时候笑 但是我觉得很神奇 |
[1:49:11] | I was actually listening to this song | 我当时在车上听的就是这首歌 |
[1:49:12] | in the car when the tape jumped. | 然后磁带突然出错了 |
[1:49:15] | And I leaned over to fix it and I ran you off the road. | 我伸手去调磁带 然后就把你撞到路边去了 |
[1:49:18] | Did you tell them to play it? | 是你叫他们放这首歌吗 |
[1:49:20] | No, no, no. I make them mixtapes. | 不不不 我给他们做了混音带 |
[1:49:23] | Mostly brazilian music. | 大部分是巴西音乐 |
[1:49:24] | But I’m also very much into Phil Collins and Air Supply. | 但是我也很喜欢菲尔·科林斯还有空气补给乐队 |
[1:49:29] | You really shouldn’t say things like that out loud. | 你实在不该这么大声说这个 |
[1:49:35] | Liz! | 莉兹 |
[1:49:37] | – Hi. – Oh, I see you’ve already met Felipe. | -嗨 -看来你已经跟菲利普认识了 |
[1:49:43] | Oh, of course. Two sad divorces. You have so much in common. | 当然该认识 两个离异户 共同点够多的 |
[1:49:50] | I have the perfect man for you. | 我给你物色了绝配的男人 |
[1:49:53] | Just a little love affair. | 谈个恋爱吧 |
[1:49:55] | Everyone has a little love affair in Bali. | 在巴厘岛 人人都会坠入爱河 |
[1:49:59] | Isn’t he charming? Lan. | 他很迷人吧 他叫伊恩 |
[1:50:02] | Doesn’t he look like Sting? | 跟斯汀长得挺像的吧 |
[1:50:03] | Oh, yeah. I made a very good mixtape of Sting. | 对了 我也做了盘很赞的斯汀的混音带 |
[1:50:12] | You should dance with him. | 你该去跟他跳支舞 |
[1:51:01] | Got you. Come on, I got you. | 我牵着你 小心 我牵着你 |
[1:51:02] | That’s gonna hurt tomorrow. | 明天一定会痛死的 |
[1:51:05] | All right. You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[1:51:07] | That is it. We are going swimming. | 现在正好 我们游泳吧 |
[1:51:11] | No, I don’t even have my– I– | 我没有带我的游泳衣…我… |
[1:51:12] | You don’t have your– you don’t– | 你没有穿…你没… |
[1:51:16] | You’re so naked. | 你这么赤条条的 |
[1:51:18] | Yeah, I’m naked. | 对 我就是赤条条的 |
[1:51:21] | Armenia says everyone should have a love affair. | 亚美尼亚说每个人都该谈场恋爱 |
[1:51:23] | This is Bali. Everyone should have a love affair in Bali. | 这就是巴厘岛 人人都该在巴厘岛坠入爱河 |
[1:51:27] | Yeah, but– | 没错 但是 |
[1:51:29] | Oh, god. No, no, no. | 天哪 不不不 |
[1:51:31] | – Love affairs are awesome, dude. – They are. I just– | -恋爱是很美好的事 -我知道 我只是… |
[1:51:33] | I dated you 15 years ago. | 15年前我会跟你约会 |
[1:51:35] | And I dated you six months ago. | 6个月前我也会跟你约会 |
[1:51:39] | So I’m gonna go. | 我要走了 |
[1:51:42] | You’re not– you’re really– you’re going. | 不是吧 你说真的 你要走了吗 |
[1:51:44] | But you’re cute. | 但你真得很帅 |
[1:51:48] | I think I look good. | 我觉得我长得不赖 |
[1:51:53] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[1:51:54] | Oh, sorry. Here. | 抱歉 这个 |
[1:51:58] | – Thank you. – Do you need a ride? | -谢谢 -需要载你一程吗 |
[1:52:01] | That way I won’t run you over again. | 这样我不会再撞到你了 |
[1:52:12] | Hello. | 早上好 |
[1:52:15] | – What time is it? – Five a.m. | -几点了 -早上5点 |
[1:52:18] | Oh, you party hard. | 你在派对上玩疯了 |
[1:52:21] | You really do. | 真的 |
[1:52:22] | Thank you for…. | 谢谢你把我… |
[1:52:26] | – The ride? – Yeah. | -载回来 -对 |
[1:52:27] | You’re very welcome. Need help with the bicycle? | 不用谢 需要我帮你抬自行车吗 |
[1:52:30] | You keep it. | 你留着吧 |
[1:52:31] | Keep it? But it has a basket. | 我留着 但是它还有篮子 |
[1:52:34] | It also has a bell. | 也还有铃铛 |
[1:52:56] | Good afternoon. How are you? | 下午好 过得怎样 |
[1:52:58] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[1:52:59] | Well, I’ve brought you Wayan’s famous hangover cure… | 我给你带了大姐最出名的解酒药 |
[1:53:03] | because you drank a little bit too much last night. | 因为你昨晚喝得有点多 |
[1:53:07] | And here it is. Very delicious, as you can see… | 给你 很可口 你能看出来 |
[1:53:11] | and very tasty. | 也很好喝 |
[1:53:13] | Do you make it a habit of walking into people’s houses? | 你养成直接闯入他人住宅的习惯了吗 |
[1:53:15] | Do you make it a habit of sleeping with your front door open? | 你养成睡觉不关大门的习惯了吗 |
[1:53:23] | It’s a call. Moment. | 有电话 稍等 |
[1:53:26] | Hello, darling. How are you? | 你好 亲爱的 过得怎样 |
[1:53:27] | Can’t get the coffee machine to work. | 咖啡机不能用了 |
[1:53:29] | Okay. I’ve told you 50 times. It’s very easy. | 好吧 给你说了无数遍了 很简单的 |
[1:53:32] | You change the filter, you add the coffee… | 你换上过滤器 加入咖啡豆 |
[1:53:34] | you add water and that’s it. How did you get into college? | 再加入水就可以了 你怎么考上大学的 |
[1:53:37] | How do I make it like you? | 怎么才能做得像你那么好 |
[1:53:39] | Listen, I’ve been making coffee… | 听着 亲爱的 |
[1:53:40] | darling, for 40 years, so you have | 我已经做了40年的咖啡了 |
[1:53:42] | to be patient with yourself. All right? | 你要对自己有点耐心 好吗 |
[1:53:45] | Okay. So, what’s up with you? | 好吧 那你现在过得如何 |
[1:53:48] | Nothing. I just can’t talk right now. | 没什么大事 现在不方便聊天 |
[1:53:50] | Holy shit. You’re with a girl. | 哎哟 身边有女人 |
[1:53:52] | – I have to go. – Who is she? Is she hot? | -我要挂了 -那女人是谁 火辣不 |
[1:53:54] | – Jesus, she’s hot. – Dad, if you hang up… | -天哪 她很性感 -老爸 如果你挂我电话 |
[1:53:56] | I’ll call back and embarrass you in front of your girl. | 我待会儿就打电话来让你在女人面前难堪 |
[1:53:58] | Dad, don’t– | 老爸 别挂… |
[1:54:01] | That’s a lot of “darlings,” darling. | 亲爱的 你说了不少个”亲爱的” |
[1:54:04] | Yeah. That darling was my son. | 没错 那个”亲爱的”是我儿子 |
[1:54:06] | I’ve called all my children “darling” since they were little. | 我在所有孩子小的时候都叫他们”亲爱的” |
[1:54:09] | Then there was a moment that between the pets and the children… | 后来有段时间这称谓又在小孩和宠物之间混淆 |
[1:54:12] | I was confused, so I called everybody “darling.” | 所以我叫每个人”亲爱的” |
[1:54:16] | Okay, you need to rest. | 好吧 你需要休息 |
[1:54:17] | Here is my number and my address. | 这是我的电话和地址 |
[1:54:20] | I’m gonna leave it here on the table, | 我把它留在桌上 |
[1:54:22] | in case you need a tour guide. | 如果你需要导游的话就找我 |
[1:54:24] | A tour guide. | 我是导游 |
[1:54:26] | And please, drink that up, | 还有 拜托你喝了药 |
[1:54:29] | because it’s gonna help you a big deal. | 这会对你很有帮助的 |
[1:54:31] | Because you really look…. | 因为你看上去真的… |
[1:54:33] | – Ravishing? – Astonishing. | -很迷糊 -很迷人 |
[1:54:37] | – Go away. Please. – Okay. Drink it up. | -快走吧 拜托 -好 记得喝药 |
[1:54:40] | It’s gonna be helpful. | 会很有效的 |
[1:54:49] | Hey, Mr. Tour guide. | 嘿 导游先生 |
[1:54:51] | Can we start with a coffee? | 我们能先喝杯咖啡吗 |
[1:54:56] | Okay. | 当然 |
[1:54:58] | What are these? | 这些是什么 |
[1:54:59] | These are rambutan. They’re delicious. | 红毛丹果 很好吃的 |
[1:55:01] | It’s like an orange made love to a plum. Would you like some? | 像是橙子和李子杂交出来的 要试试吗 |
[1:55:05] | When you put it that way, yes, thank you. | 你这么形容的话 我要试试 谢谢 |
[1:55:09] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[1:55:12] | What is that? | 那个是什么 |
[1:55:14] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[1:55:16] | They taste like dirty feet. | 他们尝起来一股臭脚丫子味 |
[1:55:18] | – Really? – Dirty feet. | -真的吗 -臭脚丫味 |
[1:55:21] | Look out. Nice. How many places have you visited? | 小心点 很好 你去过哪些地方 |
[1:55:25] | I have 46 stamps on my passport. | 我的护照上盖了46个章 |
[1:55:29] | I happen to have 49 stamps on my passport. | 我的护照上刚好有49个 |
[1:55:33] | – Forty-nine? I knew it. – Yes. | -49个 我就知道 -没错 |
[1:55:35] | – Knew what? – I knew it. | -知道什么 -我就知道 |
[1:55:38] | We are both antevasins, my dear. | 我们都是追求启示者 亲爱的 |
[1:55:41] | What is that? | 什么意思 |
[1:55:42] | Antevasin is…. | 追求启示者 |
[1:55:45] | It’s an in-between. | 是一种于夹缝中生存的人 |
[1:55:47] | It is the one who lives by the border… | 是生活在边缘处的人 |
[1:55:50] | …because they renounce to the comfort of family life… | 因为他们放弃了安逸的家庭生活 |
[1:55:53] | …in order to seek “enlightment.” | 以寻找生命的启示 |
[1:55:57] | I like your word. | 我喜欢你这个词语 |
[1:55:59] | And l like the way you say “enlightment.” | 我喜欢你说”启示”时的语气 |
[1:56:01] | “Enlightment.” I try. | 启示 我再说一次 |
[1:56:03] | You’re missing a syllable, but I like it. | 你漏了一个音节 不过我很喜欢 |
[1:56:06] | It’s beautiful, no? | 很漂亮 对吧 |
[1:56:08] | It’s Pura Melanting, which means “temple of prosperity.” | 这里是普拉梅丁 意思是 繁荣之庙 |
[1:56:13] | – Beautiful. – Yup. | -真美 -没错 |
[1:56:15] | – So next attraction of the tour? – Yes. | -下一个旅游目标是 -对 |
[1:56:18] | – Food from Bali. – Oh, good. I’m starving. | -巴厘岛的美食 -太好了 我饿死了 |
[1:56:20] | Where should we go? | 我们该去哪儿 |
[1:56:20] | We should go to the best restaurant in town. | 去镇上最好的餐馆 |
[1:56:22] | – Of course. – My place. | -很好 -我家 |
[1:56:27] | Subtle. | 真狡猾 |
[1:56:30] | Did you always live in Brazil before you came to Bali? | 你来巴厘岛之前一直住在巴西吗 |
[1:56:32] | No, no. Only for 20 years. | 没有 只生活了二十年 |
[1:56:34] | Then I met my wife and I moved with her to Australia. | 遇到我妻子之后 跟她一起去了澳大利亚 |
[1:56:38] | She traveled a lot because of the job. | 因为工作原因她经常出差 |
[1:56:41] | And I stayed home with the children. | 我和孩子们在家里 |
[1:56:43] | A good feminist husband. | 真是个女权派好丈夫 |
[1:56:46] | Yeah. Yeah. Didn’t turn out to be what she wanted, I’m afraid. | 是啊 遗憾的是 这并非她想要的 |
[1:56:49] | – What happened? – What happened? | -然后呢 -然后? |
[1:56:50] | The children were grown. | 孩子们渐渐长大 |
[1:56:51] | And I run an import-export jewelry business, | 我就开始做珠宝进出口的生意 |
[1:56:56] | so I could live anywhere. | 这样我就能在其它地方生活 |
[1:56:58] | And Bali seemed like the perfect place to recover from a divorce. | 巴厘岛似乎是治疗失败婚姻者的绝佳之地 |
[1:57:05] | And here I am. Here I am. | 所以我就在这儿了 这就是我 |
[1:57:07] | – What’s it, and you? – Far less tragic. | -你呢 怎么回事 -没你惨 |
[1:57:09] | We were immature and really too young to get married. We grew apart. | 我们都不成熟 结婚尚早 就分手了 |
[1:57:15] | Hearts were broken. | 伤心吗 |
[1:57:17] | Yes. | 伤心 |
[1:57:20] | Then it’s the same. | 那跟我就是一样的 |
[1:57:27] | This is just perfect. | 这地方太美了 |
[1:57:29] | So are you. | 你也是 |
[1:57:31] | You know what you are? You’re a falsa magra. | 你知道你是什么样子吗 你是”假瘦”型 |
[1:57:34] | – You know what that is? – What? | -知道什么意思吗 -什么意思 |
[1:57:36] | You are slender and elegant in a distance… | 远看苗条优雅 |
[1:57:40] | …but up close, you are round and fleshy. | 近看丰满圆润 |
[1:57:45] | Thank God for Brazilians. | 感谢上帝创造了巴西人 |
[1:57:51] | Stop that! | 别过来 |
[1:57:59] | You are a world traveler. | 你是世界的旅人 |
[1:58:01] | He says that to everyone. | 他跟每个人都那样说 |
[1:58:04] | Already make your money. | 已经赚到了钱 |
[1:58:06] | You don’t have young-man ambition. | 你没有年轻人的抱负 |
[1:58:10] | – He’s good. – You have three children. | -说的没错 -你有三个孩子 |
[1:58:14] | Two. That’s a callous. | 两个 那是个老茧 |
[1:58:19] | And you have divorce. | 你离过婚 |
[1:58:22] | Very difficult. | 非常艰难 |
[1:58:23] | You loved her very much. | 你很爱她 |
[1:58:27] | You haven’t healed that wound. | 你还没有从中恢复 |
[1:58:29] | Now you are scared to open your heart. | 现在你害怕敞开心扉 |
[1:58:35] | You are afraid hurt will happen to you again. | 你怕再次受伤 |
[1:58:39] | Only way to heal… | 治愈的唯一办法就是 |
[1:58:41] | …is to trust. | 信任 |
[1:58:45] | This okay. To have broken heart | 没关系 伤心 |
[1:58:48] | mean you have tried for something. | 证明你曾经尝试过 |
[1:58:54] | Is it going to be broken again? | 我还会再次受伤吗 |
[1:58:57] | He a good man, Liz. You need a good man. | 他是个好人 莉兹 你需要一个好男人 |
[1:59:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:59:03] | True. Ketut knows. | 这是真的 赖爷知道 |
[1:59:10] | I am so sick of people telling me I need a man. | 我十分厌倦人们跟我说我需要个男人 |
[1:59:13] | You don’t need a man, Liz. You need a champion. | 你不需要男人 莉兹 你需要个守护者 |
[1:59:23] | – Some spring break, huh? – Come on. You’re moving like turtles. | -休春假是吧 -快点 你们的速度好像乌龟 |
[1:59:27] | His enthusiasm is exhausting. | 他的旺盛精力真让人吃不消 |
[1:59:29] | Try being dropped off at school when you’re 10… | 十岁时他送我去学校 |
[1:59:31] | …and having your father kiss you on the mouth. | 吻别还要亲嘴 |
[1:59:33] | He still does it. | 他现在还是这样 |
[1:59:35] | I’m sure it’s all normal in Brazil, | 在巴西这很正常 |
[1:59:37] | but I didn’t grow up in Brazil. | 但我并不是在那儿长大的 |
[1:59:39] | Friends would tease the crap out of me. | 朋友们总是拿这个取笑我 |
[1:59:41] | Why didn’t you ask him to stop? | 那你为什么不跟他说 |
[1:59:43] | No, I did at first, but then l realized… | 一开始想说的 但后来我知道 |
[1:59:46] | …how happy it made the old guy and l just gave in. | 亲吻令他非常开心 就放弃了 |
[1:59:48] | You know what? My grandmother hikes faster than you both… | 你们知道吗 我祖母比你们走得都快 |
[1:59:53] | …but she’s already dead. | 但她已经去世了 |
[1:59:56] | Get him. Go get him. | 赶上他 快点儿 |
[1:59:59] | How about you carry the packs for a while, Ok? | 你背会儿包行吗 |
[2:00:02] | Come here. Look at this. | 来 看这景色 |
[2:00:05] | Is it nice? | 美吗 |
[2:00:08] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[2:00:10] | Bringing up the rear. | 在后面抱我一下 |
[2:00:22] | – So have you slept with her yet? – What was that? | -你跟她睡过了吗 -什么 |
[2:00:24] | Have you slept with her yet? | 你跟她睡过了吗 |
[2:00:26] | Crossing the line. | 这不该你问 |
[2:00:28] | Dad, it’s been 10 years. It’s time. | 老爸 都十年了 是时候了 |
[2:00:44] | Stay away from all the beautiful girls. | 离所有漂亮女孩远点儿 |
[2:00:47] | They are dangerous. | 她们都很危险 |
[2:00:54] | A week is too short. | 一个星期真短 |
[2:00:56] | A week is too short. | 一星期太短了 |
[2:01:00] | Listen, I’ve made you a mixtape. | 听听看 我为你做的磁带 |
[2:01:04] | And I give you a present. For you. | 这是送你的礼物 |
[2:01:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[2:01:09] | I’m missing you already. | 我已经开始想你了 |
[2:01:20] | Bye, Liz. | 再见 莉兹 |
[2:01:24] | – Be safe. – Same to you. | -注意身体 -你也是 |
[2:01:29] | So don’t I get a kiss? | 还亲我吗 |
[2:01:31] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[2:01:35] | – I love you, dad. – I love you too. | -我爱你 爸爸 -我也爱你 |
[2:01:52] | So stupid, I know. | 我知道我多傻 |
[2:01:55] | He’s 19 years old and he’s such a man. | 他都十九岁了 高大的男子汉 |
[2:02:02] | It’s sweet. | 真甜蜜 |
[2:02:04] | You’re sweet. | 你很棒 |
[2:03:40] | Darling… | 亲爱的 |
[2:03:42] | …it’s time. | 是时候了 |
[2:04:36] | – Liz. – What? | -莉兹 -怎么了 |
[2:04:38] | Liz. Come here. I have to tell you something. | 莉兹 来 我跟你说点儿事 |
[2:04:48] | No. I should really, really be meditating. | 不行 我真的真的该去冥想了 |
[2:04:52] | Go, go. Do it. | 去吧去吧 |
[2:05:01] | I have not been to see Ketut in two weeks. | 我都两个星期没去看赖爷了 |
[2:05:03] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是 |
[2:05:04] | – Okay. Go, go. – Okay. | -好吧 快去 -好 |
[2:05:10] | Oh, gosh. But you are just so much cuter than Ketut. | 天呢 但是你比赖爷可爱 |
[2:05:17] | No, I have to go. I have to go. | 不行 我必须走了 必须走 |
[2:05:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[2:05:42] | You have bladder infection. | 你有膀胱感染 |
[2:05:45] | Common after no sex, then too much sexy time. | 这很正常 长时间没有性生活之后如此激烈 |
[2:05:49] | We haven’t even been apart for a minute in two weeks. | 这两个星期 我们时时刻刻都在一起 |
[2:05:58] | You’re afraid now, right? | 你害怕了 是吗 |
[2:06:01] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[2:06:03] | You don’t want to lose yourself. | 你不想迷失自己 |
[2:06:05] | Love is scary, dangerous. | 爱是可怕危险的 |
[2:06:08] | Happen to me. | 我经历过 |
[2:06:11] | I pray every day, but husband bad for me. | 我每天祈祷 但是我丈夫仍对我不好 |
[2:06:15] | I have to get away from him. | 我必须离开他 |
[2:06:18] | This from where he hit me… | 这是他打的 |
[2:06:22] | …with motorcycle helmet. | 用摩托车头盔 |
[2:06:24] | And then my daughter | 然后我的女儿 |
[2:06:27] | she begged me to leave him. | 求我离开他 |
[2:06:30] | Is that right, honey? | 对吗 宝贝 |
[2:06:32] | I said, “I think you should get a divorce, mommy.” | 我说 我认为你应该跟他离婚 |
[2:06:35] | She was 4 years old when she said it. | 说这话的时候她四岁 |
[2:06:43] | Don’t feel bad about Felipe. | 别对菲利普有看法 |
[2:06:46] | Everybody needs affection, honey. | 每个人都需要爱 亲爱的 |
[2:06:49] | Make people do funny things. | 人们应该做些快乐的事情 |
[2:06:51] | Everyone gets like that at beginning of relationship. | 恋爱初始每个人都这样 |
[2:06:55] | Want too much happiness, too much pleasure… | 想要更多的欢乐 享受 |
[2:06:59] | …until make yourself sick. | 直到厌倦 |
[2:07:02] | Even to Wayan, this happen at beginning of my love affair. | 我的爱情 一开始也是这样的 |
[2:07:07] | I lose myself, Liz. | 我迷失了自己 莉兹 |
[2:07:11] | Dear friends and loved ones: | 亲朋好友们 |
[2:07:13] | My birthday’s coming up soon. | 我的生日就要到了 |
[2:07:15] | If I were home, l’d be planning a stupid, expensive | 如果我在家 会准备场愚蠢 昂贵的 |
[2:07:17] | birthday party and you’d all be | 生日派对 而你们会 |
[2:07:19] | buying me gifts and bottles of wine. | 送我礼物或者买瓶红酒 |
[2:07:21] | A cheaper, more lovely way to celebrate would be to | 不如来个更经济 更好的方式来庆祝 |
[2:07:25] | make a donation to help a healer named Wayan Nuriyasih | 那就是为治疗师奴里亚西大姐捐款 |
[2:07:28] | buy a house in Indonesia. | 帮助她在印尼买栋房子 |
[2:07:30] | She’s a single mother. In Bali, after a divorce | 她是个单身妈妈 在印尼 女人离婚后 |
[2:07:33] | a woman gets nothing, not even her children. | 便失去一切 甚至孩子 |
[2:07:36] | To gain custody of her daughter, Tutti, | 为了留下她的女儿 图蒂 |
[2:07:39] | Wayan had to sell everything | 大姐变卖家产 |
[2:07:40] | even her bath mat, to pay for a lawyer. | 甚至浴巾 用来支付律师费用 |
[2:07:44] | For years, they’ve moved from place to place. | 几年来 她们流离失所 |
[2:07:46] | Each time, Wayan loses clientele and Tutti has to change schools. | 每当大姐失去客户群 图蒂就要换学校 |
[2:07:51] | This little group of people in Bali have become my family. | 巴厘岛的这一小群人已成为我的家人 |
[2:07:55] | And we must take care of our families, wherever we find them. | 无论在哪里 我们都要善待自己的家人 |
[2:07:59] | Today I saw Tutti playing with a blue tile | 今天我看见图蒂正在摆弄一片蓝瓷砖 |
[2:08:01] | she’d found in the road near a hotel construction site. | 那是她在一个酒店工地捡的 |
[2:08:04] | She told me: Maybe if we have a house someday | 她对我说 也许有一天我们拥有一栋房子 |
[2:08:08] | it can have a pretty blue floor like this. | 铺上这种美丽的蓝色地板 |
[2:08:11] | When I was in Italy, I learned a word– | 当我在意大利时学了一个词 |
[2:08:13] | – “Tutti” with double t. – Tutti. | -图蒂中有一对t -图蒂 |
[2:08:16] | –which in ltalian means “everybody.” | 这在意大利语中是”人人”的意思 |
[2:08:19] | So that’s the lesson, isn’t it? | 这就是启示 不是吗 |
[2:08:20] | When you set out in the world to help yourself | 当你环游世界以自助时 |
[2:08:23] | sometimes you end up helping Tutti. | 往往是以帮助图蒂[人人]而收场的 |
[2:08:29] | – Tell me again. – Eighteen thousand American dollars. | -再说一遍 -一万八千美元 |
[2:08:32] | I brought you the e-mails to look at. | 我带来了电子邮件 你可以看看 |
[2:08:37] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[2:08:38] | We get a house. | 我们有房子了 |
[2:08:40] | It can be the house for everybody! | 那是所有人的房子 |
[2:08:45] | I can have a pharmacy! I can have a library! | 我能有个药房 能有个图书馆 |
[2:08:50] | – All right. Oh, God. – Close them again. Close your eyes. | -好了吗 上帝 -还不行 闭上眼睛 |
[2:08:52] | Careful. You don’t wanna break a tooth or anything. | 小心 你不想摔的很惨吧 |
[2:08:55] | – Don’t worry, but close your eyes. – Where are you taking me? | -别担心 闭上眼睛 -要带我去哪儿 |
[2:08:58] | You will see. | 等下就会看到了 |
[2:08:59] | – You helped Wayan to get a house… – I know. | -你帮大姐买了个房子 -是的 |
[2:09:02] | …and we’re going to celebrate. | 那我们该庆祝一下了 |
[2:09:03] | – Here, here, here. – All right. Ok, Ok | -到了到了到了 -好吧 |
[2:09:05] | Turn, turn, turn. | 好了好了好了 |
[2:09:06] | I know we’re at the beach and not have bathing suit. | 我知道我们在沙滩上 但没穿泳衣 |
[2:09:08] | Here you go. | 这就是了 |
[2:09:11] | We’re going to take a little boat trip. | 我们要坐船来个短期旅行 |
[2:09:14] | Where? | 去哪儿 |
[2:09:15] | To a little island nearby. | 去附近的一个小岛 |
[2:09:18] | It’s my favorite place in the world. I’ve packed for two. | 那是我最喜欢的地方 我已经打好两个包了 |
[2:09:22] | We can stay there until next Tuesday. | 我们可以在那里待到下星期二 |
[2:09:25] | And l have the perfect camping spot. | 我还有个非常好的露营地 |
[2:09:28] | Just you and l and 400 parrots. | 只有你和我 还有四百只鹦鹉 |
[2:09:34] | Do you like it? | 喜欢吗 |
[2:09:38] | I was going to save it for tonight, | 我本打算今晚告诉你的 |
[2:09:40] | but I think this is the right moment. | 但想了想 现在就是最好的时刻 |
[2:09:43] | I have to be in Bali because my business is here | 我要在巴厘岛 因为我在这儿做生意 |
[2:09:46] | and you have to be in New York | 你要在纽约 |
[2:09:48] | because that’s where your life is, right? | 因为你生活在那里 对吧 |
[2:09:51] | What if we tried to create a life that | 如果我们努力创造一种生活 |
[2:09:53] | is divided between the two places? | 在这两地之间分配时间 怎么样 |
[2:10:00] | Why would you wanna do that? | 为什么要那么做呢 |
[2:10:02] | Because I’m in love with you. | 因为我爱你 |
[2:10:10] | – Let’s go. Let’s go. – Oh, no. I…. | -走吧 走 -不 我… |
[2:10:14] | – What? – I can’t. I’m sorry. | -怎么了 -我不能 对不起 |
[2:10:16] | – I just… – You can’t? | -我只是… -你不去吗 |
[2:10:17] | – I’m sorry. I can’t. – Can’t what? | -对不起 我不能 -什么不能 |
[2:10:19] | I can’t go on a trip right now, okay? I…. | 我不能现在去旅行 我… |
[2:10:24] | I haven’t been home in five days. I haven’t seen Ketut in weeks. | 我已经五天没回家了 一个星期没见赖爷了 |
[2:10:28] | – It’s just too much. – It’s not much. | -这太过火了 -不过火 |
[2:10:33] | To go by ourselves | 我们自己去旅行 |
[2:10:37] | apart from everything else for a couple of days, is that much for you? | 几天里远离一切 对你来说过火吗 |
[2:10:41] | Liz, now tell me. What’s the problem, Liz? | 莉兹 告诉我 有什么问题 |
[2:10:44] | I mean, l have the same fears, | 我是说 我有同样的恐惧 |
[2:10:47] | I have the same scars that you have | 和你一样受过伤 |
[2:10:49] | and I show them to you. | 并向你揭开伤疤 |
[2:10:51] | But I guess the only difference between you and I is that | 但我想你和我的区别只是 |
[2:10:55] | you are afraid to love again. | 你不敢再爱 |
[2:10:56] | My darling, this is it. | 亲爱的 就是这样 |
[2:10:58] | You have to look me in the eye and let me know the truth. | 你看着我的眼睛 告诉我真实的想法 |
[2:11:02] | Please. Do you love me or do you love me not? | 说吧 爱不爱我 |
[2:11:10] | Look me in the eyes and tell me | 看着我的眼睛 告诉我 |
[2:11:11] | do you love me or don’t you love me not? It’s very easy. | 爱不爱我 这很简单 |
[2:11:16] | I know you feel the same way. Why can’t you say it back? | 我知道你也有同感 为什么不能说出来 |
[2:11:18] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[2:11:22] | Why can’t l? | 我为什么不能 |
[2:11:24] | Because you’re terrified, my love. | 因为你害怕 亲爱的 |
[2:11:26] | But listen, it’s fine. Me too. | 但是没关系 我也这样 |
[2:11:28] | But l still want to get into that boat with you. | 我仍想和你一起乘船旅行 |
[2:11:30] | – No. Okay, look. Look. – What? | -不 好吧 听着 -什么 |
[2:11:33] | I don’t know why you can’t understand this. | 我不明白你为什么不能理解 |
[2:11:36] | I found something and I can’t give it up. | 我找到了一些东西 不能就此放弃 |
[2:11:40] | And trust me, if I did, you wouldn’t be so all in love with me. | 我相信 如果我放弃了 你也不会如此爱我了 |
[2:11:44] | Okay, the balance thing. | 好吧 是关乎平衡 |
[2:11:45] | You traveled around the world to find your balance. | 你环游世界以求身心平衡 |
[2:11:48] | And the balance that you think you’ve found is what? | 你以为你找到的平衡是什么 |
[2:11:51] | Meditating for 20 minutes and going to see an old medicine man? | 冥想二十分钟还是去见一个老药师 |
[2:11:55] | Listen, balance, my darling, | 听着 平衡 亲爱的 |
[2:11:57] | balance is not letting anybody love you | 平衡不是让每个人爱你 |
[2:11:59] | – less than you love yourself. – You know what? You know what? | -至少你要自爱 -你懂什么 你不懂 |
[2:12:02] | Do not tell me what lessons I have and haven’t learned in the last year | 别跟我说过去一年我的得失 |
[2:12:06] | and don’t tell me how balanced and wise you are | 也别说你有多平衡多明智 |
[2:12:08] | and how I can’t express myself. | 我就不能展现自我 |
[2:12:11] | And do not say “darling” to me again | 别再对我说”亲爱的” |
[2:12:13] | because I am just gonna lose it. | 我马上就不是了 |
[2:12:15] | Listen to me! I do not need to love you to prove that I love myself. | 听着 我不需要用爱你来证明自爱 |
[2:12:26] | Run away from me? | 要离开我了吗 |
[2:12:29] | You are running away from all | 你离开的是你一生中 |
[2:12:32] | the great possibilities of your own life. | 最有可能实现的梦想 |
[2:12:38] | I’m getting into that boat. | 我要走了 |
[2:14:08] | For you. | 送给你的 |
[2:14:09] | A goodbye gift. | 离别礼物 |
[2:14:20] | Ketut. | 赖爷 |
[2:14:32] | Liss | 小莉 |
[2:14:35] | you healed me. | 你拯救了我 |
[2:14:39] | You healed me too, Ketut. | 你也拯救了我 赖爷 |
[2:14:44] | If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have come back to Bali | 如果不是你 我不会回到巴厘岛 |
[2:14:47] | and I wouldn’t have come back to myself. | 也不会重新找到自我 |
[2:14:50] | You want coffee? Roast pig? | 要咖啡吗 来点儿烤猪肉吗 |
[2:14:54] | Coffee. | 要咖啡 |
[2:14:56] | I get you coffee. | 我给你去拿 |
[2:14:57] | You fly back to America soon? | 你马上就回美国了吗 |
[2:14:59] | In two hours. | 两小时之后 |
[2:15:02] | Have you ever been on an airplane, Ketut? | 你坐过飞机吗 赖爷 |
[2:15:04] | Ketut cannot fly on aeroplane. | 赖爷不能坐飞机 |
[2:15:08] | Ketut have no teeths. | 因为赖爷没有牙齿 |
[2:15:14] | You are good friend to me. | 你是我的好朋友 |
[2:15:18] | You are like daughter. | 像个女儿 |
[2:15:20] | When I die | 当我死的时候 |
[2:15:23] | you will come back to Bali? Come to my cremation? | 你会来巴厘岛参加我的火葬吗 |
[2:15:27] | Balinese cremation ceremony is very fun. | 巴厘岛人的火葬仪式很有趣 |
[2:15:30] | – You will like it. – Okay. | -你会喜欢的 -好吧 |
[2:15:34] | You still smile with your liver, like l tell you? | 你还会如我告诉你那样 发自肺腑的笑吗 |
[2:15:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:15:40] | You still meditate like your guru in India teach you? | 你还会如印度宗师所教导的那样 去冥想吗 |
[2:15:45] | – Yes. – You happy now with God? | -是的 -你现在对上帝满意了吗 |
[2:15:48] | – Yes. – You love your new boyfriend? | -满意 -你爱你的新男友吗 |
[2:15:57] | I ended it. | 结束了 |
[2:16:01] | Don’t understand. Why you do that? | 不明白你为什么要这么做 |
[2:16:07] | I couldn’t keep my balance. | 因为我无法保持平衡 |
[2:16:12] | Liss, listen to Ketut. | 小莉 听着 |
[2:16:16] | Sometimes to lose balance for love | 有时 为爱失去平衡 |
[2:16:21] | is part of living balanced life. | 是平衡生活的一部分 |
[2:16:39] | In the end | 终于 |
[2:16:41] | I’ve come to believe in something | 我开始笃信一些 |
[2:16:42] | I call “The Physics of the Quest.” | 我称之为”追求物理学”的规则 |
[2:16:48] | A force in nature governed by laws | 这是自然力的定律 |
[2:16:50] | as real as the laws of gravity. | 如同引力定律 |
[2:16:53] | The rule of Quest Physics goes someting like this: | “追求物理学”的规则是这样的 |
[2:16:57] | If you’re brave enough to leave behind | 如果你有足够勇敢离开 |
[2:16:59] | everything familiar and comforting, | 所有熟悉和令人欣慰的事物 |
[2:17:01] | which can be anything | 这些事物可以是任何事情 |
[2:17:02] | from your house to bitter, old resentments | 可以是房子或是久远的痛苦的怨恨 |
[2:17:05] | and set out on a truth-seeking journey | 并准备开始一段 |
[2:17:07] | either externally or internally | 内外兼修的求真之旅 |
[2:17:11] | and if you are truly willing to regard | 如果你真的相信 |
[2:17:13] | everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue | 途中发生的一切是揭开真相的线索 |
[2:17:16] | and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher | 如果你接受途中所见之人的教诲 |
[2:17:25] | and if you are prepared, most of all | 如果你准备好了 那么最重要的是 |
[2:17:28] | to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself | 面对并宽恕自己难以应对的现实 |
[2:17:33] | then the truth will not be withheld from you. | 然后 真理便会呈现眼前 |
[2:17:36] | Felipe? | 菲利普 |
[2:17:50] | I can’t help but believe it, given my experience. | 我只能相信 我的感受 |
[2:18:25] | I decided on my word. | 我选择了自己的词语 |
[2:18:36] | It means: | 意思是 |
[2:18:40] | “Let’s cross over.” | 我们过街吧 |