时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That’s me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | Now, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:40] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[00:41] | Grayson, it’s me. | 格雷森 是我 |
[00:44] | I’m Deb. | 我是黛比 |
[00:47] | I can’t face Grayson. | 我无法面对格雷森 |
[00:49] | He’s furious with me | 他对我把自己 |
[00:49] | for confiding in you that I’m deb and not telling him. | 是黛比的身份告诉你 而没告诉他而愤愤不平 |
[00:52] | I’m hurt, confused, and I feel betrayed. | 我很受伤 困惑 感觉受到了背叛 |
[00:55] | That being said… | 话虽这么说 |
[00:57] | I can’t imagine just walking away | 我无法想象离开 |
[00:59] | from the only two women I’ve ever truly loved. | 我此生唯一真爱过的两个女人 |
[01:02] | Oh, sweetie, how are things going between you two? | 亲爱的 你们俩之间的关系怎么样了 |
[01:05] | Not great. | 不太好 |
[01:06] | You know, I mean, we can work together, no problem. | 我们可以在一起工作 |
[01:08] | But when it comes to basic human interaction, | 但一碰到基本的人际互动 |
[01:11] | we seem to be off. | 我们就歇菜了 |
[01:13] | What’s going on between us? | 我们之前怎么了 |
[01:16] | You’re still not talking. What do you want to do tonight? | 你还是不说话 你今晚想做什么 |
[01:55] | Hey, there. | 好啊 |
[01:57] | Hey, you’re dressed. | 你穿戴整齐了 |
[01:59] | We have the house to ourselves all night. | 今晚这房子只属于我们俩 |
[02:01] | I know. I’ve got to go. | 我知道 我得走了 |
[02:03] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[02:04] | I mean, it is 11:00, so I thought… | 现在是11点 所以我还想… |
[02:07] | Maybe we could have some wine and go for round two. | 或许我们能喝点酒 再进行下一轮 |
[02:11] | Hmm, I wish I could. I-I just turned on my cell. | 真希望我可以 只是我刚开机 |
[02:13] | I had four messages from Owen. | 收到欧文发来的四条信息 |
[02:15] | He needs me at the downtown precinct. | 他需要我到市中心分局 |
[02:17] | A client’s being questioned in a murder case. | 一位委托人正因一宗谋杀案被问话 |
[02:19] | That’s fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[02:20] | I mean, not for the victim. | 我不是在指死者 |
[02:22] | I really shouldn’t say anything, | 我真不该多嘴 |
[02:24] | but Owen’s only concern about making you partner | 但欧文让你做合伙人的 |
[02:27] | is your lack of criminal experience. | 唯一顾虑就是你缺乏刑事辩护经验 |
[02:29] | I’m sure that’s why he gave you the case. | 我肯定这就是他给你这宗案子的原因 |
[02:31] | Ooh, that’s a lot of pressure. | 这压力可真够大的 |
[02:32] | Oh, I’m sorry. Maybe I shouldn’t have told you. | 抱歉 或许我不该告诉你的 |
[02:34] | No, I’m glad you did. | 不 很高兴你说了 |
[02:36] | Good. | 好的 |
[02:37] | – Love you. – Love you, too. | -爱你 -我也爱你 |
[02:40] | Oh, hold on. | 等等 |
[02:41] | There you go. | 好了 |
[02:44] | That’s not my sock. | 那不是我的袜子 |
[02:45] | No, no, it’s Paul’s. | 对对 是保罗的 |
[02:47] | Why’s that guy still living here? | 那家伙怎么还住在这里 |
[02:49] | Uh, you know what? That’s a long story. | 这个嘛 就说来话长了 |
[02:52] | But I promise I will explain it all to you later. | 可我保证晚点会给你一五一十解释清楚 |
[02:57] | – All right. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[02:58] | – Have a good night. – Bye. | -晚安 -再见 |
[03:05] | Sorry, I, uh, know you told me to make myself scarce. | 抱歉 我知道你让我不要出现 |
[03:08] | I just need to pick up my soccer cleats. | 我只是来拿我的足球鞋 |
[03:10] | You play soccer? | 你还踢足球 |
[03:11] | No, but I like to wear them while I watch the world cup. | 不踢 不过我想看世界杯的时候穿着 |
[03:13] | Well, you can sleep here tonight | 你今晚可以睡在这里 |
[03:14] | ’cause Grayson’s gone for the evening. | 格雷森今晚不在 |
[03:16] | Oh, great. Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[03:17] | I, uh, I DVR’ed c-span’s coverage | 我录了有线电视频道播放的 |
[03:19] | of the debt-ceiling debate | “债务上限辩论”[美国国会的政治辩论] |
[03:20] | and a bunch of “Toddlers & Tiaras.” | 还有好几集《娃娃选美秀》 |
[03:22] | You know what? I’m actually glad you’re home. | 其实吧 我很高兴你回家了 |
[03:24] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[03:26] | Oh, I miss you, too | 我也想你 |
[03:27] | Especially our deep and meaningful conversations | 尤其是你一边帮我洗衣服 |
[03:29] | while you do my laundry. | 一边跟我深谈 |
[03:30] | Let’s talk and load. | 我们一边谈话一边工作吧 |
[03:31] | Paul, I have decided | 保罗 我已经决定 |
[03:32] | I don’t want to keep any more secrets from Grayson. | 不再对格雷森有所隐瞒了 |
[03:35] | That’s wonderful, Jane. | 那太棒了 简 |
[03:36] | Total honesty is crucial to a healthy relationship. | 绝对真诚对一段健康恋爱关系而言至关重要 |
[03:38] | Really? | 是吗 |
[03:39] | So I’m gonna tell him that you’re my guardian angel. | 所以我要告诉他你是我的守护天使 |
[03:41] | – What, are you out of your mind? – No. | -什么 你疯了吗 -没啊 |
[03:43] | I told him the truth about me, and we’re happy. | 我告诉了他我的事 我们现在很幸福 |
[03:46] | I mean, we’re — we’re really happy. | 我们是真的很幸福 |
[03:48] | Plus, I swore no more secrets. | 另外 我承诺说不再有所隐瞒了 |
[03:51] | Kind of looking at a great big one. | 我眼前还有一个大秘密 |
[03:54] | I’m talking about you. | 我说的是你 |
[03:56] | Telling Grayson is a mistake. | 告诉格雷森是个错误 |
[03:57] | Sorry. I’ve made up my mind. | 抱歉 我已经决定了 |
[03:58] | But, Jane, if you tell — | 可是 简 如果你告诉… |
[03:59] | There’s nothing more to talk about. | 没什么好多说的了 |
[04:11] | Sorry, no Drew Prescott here. | 抱歉 没有德鲁·普莱斯考特这个人 |
[04:13] | Try the downtown precinct. | 去市中心分局问问 |
[04:15] | I just came from the precinct. | 我刚从那里过来 |
[04:16] | They said he was transferred | 他们说他一小时前 |
[04:17] | to Central Booking half an hour ago. | 被转移到中央拘留所了 |
[04:19] | He’s not in my computer. | 我电脑里没有他 |
[04:20] | Look, sergeant, | 听着 警官 |
[04:21] | My client was arrested for murder. | 我的委托人因谋杀罪被捕 |
[04:23] | Can I talk to the lieutenant on duty? | 我能和当班的副队长谈谈吗 |
[04:26] | It’s midnight. | 现在是半夜 |
[04:27] | The lieutenant doesn’t get in till 6:00. | 副队长早上六点才上班 |
[04:29] | The precinct probably checked him out. | 分局可能已经把他放了 |
[04:31] | Maybe he’s waiting on transpo. | 或许他在等转押 |
[04:33] | Can you call them for me? | 你能替我打个电话吗 |
[04:34] | We don’t do that. | 不行 |
[04:36] | You’ve been a big help. | 你真是帮了大忙 |
[04:45] | That guy has eaten breakfast with a different woman | 那家伙在这里连续四天早上 |
[04:48] | for the past four mornings in a row. | 跟不同的女人吃了早餐 |
[04:50] | That is so awesome. | 太厉害了 |
[04:52] | Really? | 是吗 |
[04:52] | ’cause I think he has major commitment issues | 我觉得他不太专情这个大问题 |
[04:55] | that will result in a lifetime of loneliness. | 会让他孤独终老 |
[04:57] | No, w-what I meant is that it’s — | 不 我的意思是 |
[04:59] | It’s awesome that you and I have had breakfast | 你和我连续四天早上 |
[05:01] | for four mornings in a row. | 一起共进早餐很不错 |
[05:02] | It’s like, uh, we have a routine. | 就像是我们的惯例 |
[05:04] | We’ve also spent the last four nights together. | 我们这四个晚上还一起共度了呢 |
[05:06] | There’s nothing routine about that. | 这事可不是惯例 |
[05:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:12] | Did you see the waitress’ name tag? | 你看到那个服务员的胸牌了吗 |
[05:15] | Ruby. | 露比 |
[05:16] | It’s on my list of baby names, | 这在我给宝宝取名的列表上 |
[05:17] | which I have finally whittled down | 我最终筛选出了 |
[05:19] | to three for the girl and three for the boy. | 三个女孩名和三个男孩名 |
[05:21] | I went to school with a Ruby. | 我以前学校就有个叫露比的 |
[05:23] | She smoked in the 4th grade. | 她四年级就抽烟了 |
[05:25] | Ah, I got to get to work. | 我要去上班了 |
[05:36] | Bye, Ruby. | 再见 露比 |
[05:42] | No, don’t put me on hold. | 不 别让我等待接听 |
[05:43] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[05:45] | How’s your client doing? | 你的委托人怎么样了 |
[05:48] | Don’t know. I haven’t seen him yet. | 不知道 我还没见到他 |
[05:50] | You’re joking, right? | 你是在玩笑吧 |
[05:51] | Uh, by the time I got to the precinct, | 我到分局的时候 |
[05:52] | he had already been transferred, | 他已经被转走了 |
[05:53] | and then I went to Central Booking, | 然后我去了中央拘留所 |
[05:55] | and he wasn’t there, either. | 也没有找到他 |
[05:55] | Well, maybe if you’d answered your phone | 或许我第一次给你打电话的时候 |
[05:56] | the first time I called, | 你就接听的话 |
[05:57] | you would have made it to the precinct on time. | 你就能及时赶到分局了 |
[06:00] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:01] | No, Grayson. “Sorry” doesn’t cut it. | 不 格雷森 抱歉也无济于事 |
[06:03] | You’re up for partner. | 你要晋升合伙人了 |
[06:04] | – You’re on call 24-7. – I understand. | -你得时刻待命 -我懂 |
[06:05] | – It’s just… – Wait, what? | -只是… -等等 什么 |
[06:10] | Great. Yes. Okay. | 很好 好的 |
[06:11] | Thank you. I’m on my way. | 谢谢 我这就过去 |
[06:13] | They found Drew. He’s about to be arraigned. | 他们找到德鲁了 他快要被提审了 |
[06:15] | I’ll meet him at the courthouse. | 我会和他在法院见 |
[06:16] | – Be sure to put a suit on. – Of course. Yes. | -一定要穿上西装 -当然会的 |
[06:18] | Oh, Owen. | 欧文 |
[06:20] | Thanks for the case. I’m all over it. | 谢谢你给我这宗案子 我会竭尽全力 |
[06:27] | Ms. Bingum, Sam’s been banned | 宾格温女士 萨姆 |
[06:28] | from the boys’ bathroom at his private school. | 被禁止进入他私立学校的男生厕所 |
[06:30] | Was there a behavioral issue? | 他有什么恶劣行为吗 |
[06:32] | Not from me. | 我没有 |
[06:33] | Last week, a bunch of boys were roughhousing, | 上周 一群男孩大打出手 |
[06:35] | and they pantsed Sam, and, um… | 他们脱了萨姆的裤子 然后… |
[06:37] | Sam was born Samantha. | 萨姆生来叫萨曼莎 |
[06:38] | Oh. Oh. I see. | 我懂了 |
[06:40] | But he has always identified as male. | 可他一直被认定为男性 |
[06:42] | Everyone thought I was a boy because I am a boy. | 每个人都以为我是个男孩 因为我就是个男孩 |
[06:47] | Did the school administration know about Sam | 学校行政部门在洗手间事件前 |
[06:49] | prior to the bathroom incident? | 知道萨姆的情况吗 |
[06:51] | When Sam enrolled at Harper School, | 萨姆在哈珀中学入学前 |
[06:52] | we had a private meeting with the principal, | 我们私下和校长会面过 |
[06:54] | who’s been wonderful. | 她人很好 |
[06:55] | But now, well, the board of directors | 可现在 董事会的人 |
[06:57] | hasn’t been as understanding. | 却没那么通情达理 |
[06:59] | The president of the board is demanding | 董事会主席要求 |
[07:00] | that sam use the girls’ room. | 萨姆使用女洗手间 |
[07:02] | I don’t want to use the girls’ room. | 我不想用女洗手间 |
[07:04] | I’m not a girl. | 我不是女孩 |
[07:05] | We’re hoping you can help us. | 希望你能帮助我们 |
[07:07] | In California public schools, students are legally allowed | 法律规定在加利福尼亚公立学校 |
[07:10] | to use a bathroom correlating to their gender identity. | 学生可以根据其性别认同使用相应的洗手间 |
[07:13] | However, that law does not apply in private schools. | 可这条法律并不适用于私立学校 |
[07:16] | Sam is thriving at Harper. | 萨姆在哈珀过得很好 |
[07:18] | They gave him a full scholarship. | 他们给了他全额奖学金 |
[07:20] | He has lots of friends, | 他有很多朋友 |
[07:21] | and the school has an amazing computer lab. | 而且学校的计算机房很棒 |
[07:23] | I want to be a computer programmer when I grow up. | 我长大后想做电脑程序员 |
[07:26] | We don’t want him forced to use the girls’ room, | 我们不希望他被迫使用女洗手间 |
[07:28] | and we don’t want to pull him out of the school. | 也不希望让他转学 |
[07:30] | Can you help us? | 你能帮帮我们吗 |
[07:31] | I’m sorry. I just don’t know what I can do. | 抱歉 我不知道有什么能做的 |
[07:35] | Ellen, would you mind taking Sam outside for a second? | 艾伦 你能不能把萨姆带出去一会 |
[07:37] | Of course. Come on. | 当然 走吧 |
[07:40] | I’d like to show you a video. | 我想让你看段视频 |
[07:42] | Sam was 9 at the time. | 萨姆当时九岁 |
[07:48] | I don’t want to wear a dress! | 我不想穿裙子 |
[07:51] | It’s just for photo day at school. | 只是在学校的合照日穿一下 |
[07:53] | You can take it off as soon as they take the picture. | 你拍完照片就能脱了 |
[07:55] | I said no! | 我说了不要 |
[07:56] | It would make Mommy and Daddy really happy if you’d just wear it. | 如果你穿了 爸爸妈妈会很高兴的 |
[07:58] | Don’t make me! Don’t make me! | 别逼我 别逼我 |
[08:01] | For five minutes. That’s it. Then you can take it off. | 穿五分钟就够了 然后你就可以脱了它 |
[08:03] | I hate you. I hate you! | 我恨你 我恨你 |
[08:06] | Why are you doing this to me?! | 为什么要这么对我 |
[08:10] | He was miserable as Samantha. | 当萨曼莎让他很痛苦 |
[08:12] | Was angry all the time, no friends. | 经常怒气冲冲 也没有朋友 |
[08:14] | But as Sam, he’s a happy, well-adjusted kid. | 可成为萨姆后 他很快乐 与人相处得很好 |
[08:18] | The day I took him to get a crew cut | 我带他去剪平头的那天 |
[08:19] | was the best day of his life. | 是他人生中最美好的日子 |
[08:20] | Ms. Bingum, I used to think | 宾格温女士 我以前常以为 |
[08:21] | that this might be a phase, | 或许这只是阶段性的 |
[08:22] | but I’ve come to believe that Sam was born in one body | 可我渐渐相信 萨姆虽然诞生在这个身体里 |
[08:25] | and ended up in another. | 但他却属于另一个身体 |
[08:28] | Can you imagine what that must be like? | 你能想象这种感受吗 |
[08:30] | Yes. Yes, actually, I can. | 是的 我真的理解 |
[08:34] | And, Mr. Simbler, | 辛普勒先生 |
[08:35] | I will do everything possible to help your son. | 我会尽我所能帮助你的儿子 |
[08:50] | Mr. Prescott, I’m Grayson Kent, your lawyer. | 普莱斯考特先生 我是你的律师格雷森·肯特 |
[08:52] | Where were you last night? I kept asking for you. | 你昨晚去哪了 我一直想见你 |
[08:55] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 很抱歉 |
[08:56] | Listen, I don’t understand why I’m here. | 我不明白自己为什么会在这 |
[08:58] | I’m innocent. | 我是清白的 |
[08:59] | Docket ending 6574, People vs. Drew Prescott. | 案件编号6574 公诉德鲁·普莱斯考特一案 |
[09:03] | Your Honor, given that this is a homicide, | 法官大人 鉴于这是一起谋杀案 |
[09:05] | the People ask that the defendant be held without bail. | 公诉方要求被告人不得保释 |
[09:08] | You might want to start with the facts. | 你先说说案情吧 |
[09:09] | Of course. | 好的 |
[09:10] | The victim, Megan Schall, | 死者梅根·沙尔 |
[09:11] | was a 20-year-old student at U.C.L.A. | 是加州大学洛杉矶分校的一名二十岁学生 |
[09:14] | Ms. Schall was suffocated, bound by rope, | 沙尔女士上周五晚在她的校外公寓里 |
[09:16] | in her off-campus apartment last Friday night. | 被绳捆绑 并因窒息而死 |
[09:18] | The defendant had gone out | 被告在一周前 |
[09:20] | on a date with the victim a week prior. | 和死者约会过 |
[09:22] | When she refused to go out with him again, | 当她拒绝和他再次约会时 |
[09:23] | he sent threatening texts. | 他给她发了恐吓短信 |
[09:25] | Among other things, he called her a liar, | 其中 他称她为骗子 |
[09:27] | a bitch, and a tease. | 贱人和骚货 |
[09:29] | He sent several texts per day, | 他每天都会发几条短信 |
[09:30] | but no texts on the day of the murder. | 但在谋杀当日却没有发 |
[09:32] | A few texts aren’t enough to support a homicide prosecution. | 几条短信并不足以起诉他谋杀 |
[09:35] | As far as bail, my client is a U.S.C. graduate | 至于保释 我方委托人毕业于南加州大学 |
[09:37] | and a bond trader downtown. | 并在市里从事债券交易工作 |
[09:39] | He has strong ties to the community | 他与社会联系紧密 |
[09:40] | and no criminal record. | 并且没有犯罪记录 |
[09:42] | Do you have anything else? | 你还有别的证据吗 |
[09:43] | Yes, Your Honor. We have a confession. | 是的 法官大人 我们有他的供词 |
[09:49] | Megan ran into the bedroom, and I chased her, | 梅根跑进卧室 我也追了进去 |
[09:51] | and I pushed her down, and I bound her wrists, | 我推倒了她 我绑住了她的手腕 |
[09:54] | And I tied her up tight, and then I grabbed a pillow, | 紧紧地系在一起 然后用枕头 |
[09:56] | and I…Held it over her face | 蒙住了她的脸 |
[09:58] | for two, maybe, uh, three minutes | 压了大概两三分钟 |
[10:01] | until she stopped struggling. | 直到她不再挣扎 |
[10:07] | Bail denied. | 不予保释 |
[10:11] | Obviously, my clients are very disturbed | 显然 我的委托人很不安 |
[10:13] | that a pantsing situation occurred at your school. | 因为贵校发生了一起扒裤子事件 |
[10:16] | As principal, I disciplined the offending students, | 作为校长 我处罚了那些无礼的学生 |
[10:19] | and on behalf of the school, I’m very sorry. | 我代表学校向你们道歉 |
[10:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:23] | Ms. Bingum, I’m not just Harper’s board president. | 宾格温女士 我不仅仅是哈珀的董事会主席 |
[10:26] | I’m also a lawyer, and I know what you’re up to. | 我也是个律师 我知道你想干什么 |
[10:29] | What I’m up to? | 我想干什么 |
[10:31] | You’re starting this meeting on the offensive. | 你在这次会面的一开始就攻击我们 |
[10:33] | But that will not help your case. | 但这对你的案子没有任何好处 |
[10:34] | We all know that you’re here to strong-arm us | 我们都明白你来是为了逼我们 |
[10:37] | into allowing Samantha to use the boys’ bathroom. | 允许萨曼莎使用男洗手间 |
[10:41] | It’s like you saw right into my soul. | 看来你真是深知我心 |
[10:44] | Yeah, I absolutely insist | 没错 我坚决要求 |
[10:46] | that you allow Sam to use the boys’ bathroom, | 你们允许萨姆使用男洗手间 |
[10:49] | like he’s been doing for the past three years. | 就如他过去三年一样 |
[10:52] | Allowing a girl in the boys’ room jeopardizes student safety. | 让女孩使用男洗手间会危害学生的安全 |
[10:55] | We don’t see our son’s gender as a safety issue. | 我们不觉得我们儿子的性别会造成安全问题 |
[10:58] | A girl in the boys’ room compromises privacy. | 让女孩进男洗手间会破坏隐私 |
[11:01] | Okay, so, is this about safety or privacy? | 所以问题到底是安全还是隐私 |
[11:04] | I-I’m confused. | 我不明白 |
[11:05] | And before you answer, you should know | 在你回答之前 你要知道 |
[11:07] | there have been zero problems at public schools | 公立学校的学生根据自己的性别认同 |
[11:10] | where students use the bathroom | 使用洗手间 |
[11:12] | based on their gender identification, so… | 就毫无问题 |
[11:14] | Mr. Brenner, Harper prides itself on being inclusive. | 布伦纳先生 包容是哈珀引以为豪的特点 |
[11:18] | Maybe we can try and work something out. | 或许我们可以试着去解决这个问题 |
[11:20] | I appreciate your input, but samantha has two choices. | 谢谢你的建议 不过萨曼莎只有两个选择 |
[11:23] | She can use the girls’ room, or she can leave the school. | 使用女洗手间 或离开学校 |
[11:25] | You forgot about the third choice. | 你忘了第三个选择 |
[11:28] | See you in court. | 法庭见 |
[11:34] | You confessed? | 你认罪了 |
[11:35] | 14 hours. | 十四个小时 |
[11:36] | No food, no water, no sleep. | 没有吃的和水 不许睡觉 |
[11:39] | And every time I asked for a lawyer, | 每次我要求见律师 |
[11:40] | they told me, “He’s on his way.” | 他们都说在路上 |
[11:43] | Mr. Kent, I didn’t do it. | 肯特先生 不是我干的 |
[11:46] | But the cops said the paramedics revived megan in the ambulance | 可警察说医务人员在救护车里曾救醒过梅根 |
[11:49] | and that she told them I attacked her. | 她说是我袭击了她 |
[11:52] | They said if I didn’t confess, | 他们说如果我不招供 |
[11:54] | they’d use her words against me, and I’d get the death penalty. | 他们就用她的证词给我定罪 那我将被判死刑 |
[11:57] | But if I said I killed her, | 可如果我承认杀了她 |
[11:58] | they’d make sure the judge knew I was being helpful. | 他们就会告诉法官我态度良好 |
[12:02] | The police are allowed to lie in an interrogation. | 警方在审讯时是可以说谎的 |
[12:05] | I looked at the coroner’s report. | 我看了验尸官的报告 |
[12:06] | Megan was pronounced dead at the scene. | 梅根是当场死亡 |
[12:08] | She never said anything. | 她什么都没说过 |
[12:12] | I can’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[12:14] | Tell me about the texts. | 告诉我短信的事 |
[12:15] | We had a great first date. | 我们的初次约会很顺利 |
[12:17] | Then Megan ignored my messages. | 可之后梅根就不理我的短信了 |
[12:20] | I was pissed ’cause I thought we had something, but murder? | 我很生气 因为我以为我们有火花 可是杀人 |
[12:23] | That is ridiculous. | 这也太荒谬了 |
[12:24] | – Where were you that night? – At home. | -你当晚在哪 -在家 |
[12:26] | And, no, I can’t prove it | 对 我无法证明 |
[12:28] | ’cause I had no idea I’d need to. | 因为我当时也不知道我需要证明 |
[12:30] | When you guys went out, | 你们约会的时候 |
[12:31] | did Megan mention anyone who might have motive to hurt her? | 梅根有没有提过谁会有杀害她的动机 |
[12:35] | No. | 没有 |
[12:35] | She was a sweet girl. | 她是个很可爱的女孩 |
[12:37] | She had her life together. | 她的生活有条不紊 |
[12:42] | Well, um, she did mention her father. | 不过她确实提过她的父亲 |
[12:45] | What about him? | 她说了什么 |
[12:45] | She said he was an alcoholic, and that when megan was a kid, | 她说他酗酒 而且梅根小时候 |
[12:49] | her mom got a restraining order against him. | 她母亲就对他申请了限制令 |
[12:51] | And — and recently, he’d been trying to reconnect with her, | 不过最近 他在试图重新联系她 |
[12:54] | and she was kind of freaked about it. | 让她有点害怕 |
[12:55] | – I mean, does that help? – It could. | -这有用吗 -或许有用 |
[12:57] | Okay, so, what happens next? | 好吧 然后怎么办 |
[13:01] | I’ll look into Megan’s father, | 我会调查梅根的父亲 |
[13:02] | and I’ll do everything I can to suppress your confession. | 并会尽力阻止他们将你的供词用作证据 |
[13:04] | – Okay. – I’ll be in touch. | -好吧 -我再联系你 |
[13:13] | Heard about your case. | 我听说你的案子了 |
[13:15] | If you’re gonna yell at me for taking another pro-bono, | 如果你想因为我又接了无偿服务案而吼我的话 |
[13:17] | don’t stress your vocal cords. | 那你就放声吼吧 |
[13:18] | – I’m fully committed. -I like it. | -我洗耳恭听 -我喜欢这案子 |
[13:20] | Parents fighting for their kid? I get it. | 父母为孩子奋起抗争 我理解 |
[13:23] | Good. | 那就好 |
[13:24] | And I did some digging | 而且我调查了一下 |
[13:25] | into Harper School’s financial records. | 哈珀学校的财务记录 |
[13:27] | You’re gonna want see this. | 你必须得看看这个 |
[13:32] | Uh, this is…really helpful. | 这个 很有帮助 |
[13:35] | I know. You’re welcome. | 我知道 不用谢 |
[13:39] | Kim. | 金 |
[13:40] | Any interest in being my second chair? | 有没有兴趣当我的次席律師 |
[13:43] | I thought you’d never ask. | 就等你这句话呢 |
[13:52] | My babies’ first selfie. | 我宝贝们的第一张自拍 |
[13:54] | The twins are looking healthy. | 双胞胎看起来很健康 |
[13:55] | And I hear two strong heartbeats. | 我听到了两个强壮的心跳 |
[13:58] | – Coming in. – Owen? | -进来了啊 -欧文 |
[14:00] | Hey. Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[14:02] | Oh, uh, Dr. Willows, | 威利斯医生 |
[14:04] | This is Owen French, my boyfriend and baby daddy. | 这是欧文·法兰奇 我男友和孩子的父亲 |
[14:07] | I took the liberty of syncing up our calendars. | 我自作主张同步了咱们的日历 |
[14:09] | That way I’ll always know about these appointments. | 这样我就可以知道预约的时间了 |
[14:12] | Is that them? | 这就是他们吗 |
[14:13] | Wow! How are they doing? | 他们怎么样 |
[14:15] | – They’re doing great. – Fantastic. | -他们很不错 -太棒了 |
[14:17] | Uh, is there anything else we should be doing? | 还有什么事情要注意的吗 |
[14:19] | You should continue to eat healthy and exercise. | 你应该继续健康的饮食和运动 |
[14:22] | Take your vitamins. | 继续吃维生素 |
[14:23] | And if you want a V.I.P. Maternity room in the hospital, | 如果你想要医院的贵宾产房 |
[14:25] | you should let me know soon ’cause they go fast. | 就早点和我说 位置很快就没有了 |
[14:27] | Do I want that? | 我需要吗 |
[14:29] | Mm, it’s a bigger room, better food, | 房间更大 食物更好 |
[14:31] | flatscreen TV. | 有平板电视 |
[14:32] | Huh. Sign her up. On me. | 帮她订一间 算我头上 |
[14:34] | Uh, Owen, I don’t need it. | 欧文 我不需要啊 |
[14:35] | No, no, no, no. I want to. | 不不不 我想要 |
[14:36] | V.I.P. babies get a V.I.P. room. | 重要的孩子应该住贵宾房 |
[14:43] | Under california A.B. 1266, | 根据《加州议会法案1266》 |
[14:46] | the school success and opportunity act, | 学校成功与机遇法案 |
[14:49] | transgender students have the right to use facilities | 变性学生有权力根据自己 |
[14:52] | based on their gender identity. | 认同的性别使用特定设施 |
[14:53] | That law only applies to public schools. | 这项法案只适用于公立学校 |
[14:56] | Harper School is private. | 哈珀是私立学校 |
[14:57] | However, Harper School would lose their private status | 但是 如果哈珀学校接受公共基金的话 |
[15:00] | if they accepted public funds. | 那它就不再是私立状态了 |
[15:02] | We’ve never accepted public funds. | 我们从没有接受过公共基金 |
[15:04] | I have a receipt that shows that harper school accepted | 我有张收据表明哈珀学校接受了 |
[15:07] | $100,000 in California State aid | 加州政府十万美元的援助 |
[15:10] | to returf its athletic field. | 用来重铺操场草地 |
[15:13] | What do you have to say, Mr. Brenner? | 你有什么话要说 布伦纳先生 |
[15:14] | The state gave Harper School, LLC the money | 政府资金给的是哈珀学校有限责任公司 |
[15:17] | and not Harper School inc., | 而不是哈珀学校股份有限公司 |
[15:18] | Which is a separate legal entity. | 这两家是完全独立的法人单位 |
[15:20] | It’s a difference without a distinction. | 这里的区别微乎极微 |
[15:22] | Hardly. | 非也 |
[15:23] | The state approached the school about using our athletic fields | 政府联络学校 意图使用场地 |
[15:26] | for public youth programs. | 来进行公共青年项目 |
[15:27] | We accepted the money through a separate business entity | 我们以不同企业单位来接收资金 |
[15:30] | precisely to avoid the public funding | 就是为了避免公共基金 |
[15:33] | that might jeopardize our private status. | 影响我们的私立身份 |
[15:35] | Taxpayer money still made it onto harper school’s campus. | 纳税人的钱依然投入到了哈珀学校的校园中 |
[15:38] | I’m sorry, Ms. Bingum, but Mr. Brenner is correct. | 很抱歉 宾格温女士 布伦纳先生没说错 |
[15:40] | These are different corporate entities, | 这是两家完全不同的公司实体 |
[15:42] | so A.B. 1266 doesn’t apply. | 所以《议会法案1266》不适用 |
[15:44] | Unless you have something else | 除非你还有其他论点 |
[15:45] | Absolutely. I do, your honor. | 我当然有 法官大人 |
[15:48] | Um, and I- I plan on arguing it | 我准备在休庭之后 |
[15:50] | right after a recess please. | 再提出这个论点 |
[15:54] | We’ll continue tomorrow. | 我们明天继续 |
[16:04] | Of course. | 好的 |
[16:06] | Hope your day’s better than mine. | 但愿你的日子比我好过点 |
[16:07] | Why? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 出了什么事 |
[16:08] | My client confessed to murder | 我的客户在我见到他之前 |
[16:10] | before I could get to him. | 就承认了谋杀罪 |
[16:11] | Because your phone was off? | 因为你的手机关了 |
[16:13] | That certainly didn’t help. | 反正肯定帮倒忙了 |
[16:14] | – Grayson. Grayson. – What? | -格雷森 格雷森 -怎么了 |
[16:16] | Grayson’s car- it’s getting towed. | 格雷森的车 被拖走了 |
[16:19] | Your car’s getting towed real bad right now. | 你的车现在正被拖走呢 |
[16:21] | – I parked legally. – Afraid not. | -我停对地方了 -恐怕没有 |
[16:23] | Back tire’s over the line. | 后胎越线了 |
[16:24] | You should get to the parking lot. | 你应该去趟停车场 |
[16:29] | You big liar! | 你个大骗子 |
[16:31] | I could tell by your body language | 我从你的身体语言上看出 |
[16:32] | you were about to tell grayson about me. | 你正准备告诉格雷森关于我的事 |
[16:34] | I had to stop you. | 我必须阻止你 |
[16:35] | We were talking about our cases. | 我们在谈论我们的案子 |
[16:36] | Good. Keep it that way. | 很好 就这样保持下去 |
[16:38] | Paul, why do you even care if he knows about you? | 保罗 你为何这么关心他知不知道你 |
[16:40] | I mean, he knows about me, and nothing bad happened. | 他知道我的秘密 也没出什么事啊 |
[16:43] | As soon as you tell him, I got to go back, | 一旦你告诉了他 我就得回去 |
[16:46] | And no one but you will remember me. | 除了你没人会记住我 |
[16:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:50] | Uh, well, listen, I-I-I’ll miss you, | 听着 我会想你的 |
[16:52] | but maybe you’ll find something better. | 但是没准你能找到更好的工作 |
[16:54] | I mean, being an intern at a law firm | 在一家律所当实习生 |
[16:55] | can’t be your dream job. | 绝不可能是你梦想的工作 |
[16:56] | Actually, it is. I love it here. | 实际上是的 我爱这里 |
[16:58] | The smell of the copy room in the morning, | 早上复印室的味道 |
[17:00] | the sound of a paper shredder, | 碎纸机工作的声音 |
[17:01] | the free staplers – I love it all. | 订书机 我都很爱 |
[17:03] | Paul, I cannot sacrifice my relationship with Grayson. | 保罗 我不能牺牲我和格雷森的关系 |
[17:07] | We’ve promised each other no more secrets. | 我们已经向对方发誓不再有任何秘密 |
[17:09] | – But you need me. – Well, come on. | -但你需要我 -得了吧 |
[17:13] | I have been more of a guardian angel to you | 与其说是你做我的守护天使 |
[17:15] | than you have ever been to me. | 还不如说我是你的天使 |
[17:17] | I feed you, I dress you. | 我给你饭吃 给你衣服穿 |
[17:19] | Remember last night when you fell asleep watching tv? | 记得昨晚你看电视睡着了吗 |
[17:21] | I took the gum out of your mouth so you wouldn’t choke. | 我从你嘴里取走了口香糖 以免你噎到 |
[17:25] | Is there anything I can say to change your mind? | 我怎样说才能改变你的主意 |
[17:29] | Paul, I really do like you. | 保罗 我真的喜欢你 |
[17:32] | But if I have to pick between you and Grayson… | 但如果要让我在你和格雷森之间选择 |
[17:36] | I pick Grayson. | 我选格雷森 |
[17:52] | I just don’t see how we can beat this school | 我真不知道要怎么打败这所学校 |
[17:53] | if they’re not subject to state law. | 他们都不受制于州法律 |
[17:55] | I’m hoping there’s something in the student handbook. | 我希望能从学生手册里找出点什么 |
[17:58] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[17:59] | You think a snotty private school like that | 你觉得那样一所流氓私立学校 |
[18:00] | has a rule that says a transgender student | 会有一条校规允许变性学生 |
[18:02] | can use their gender-identified bathroom? | 使用他们认定性别的厕所吗 |
[18:05] | I don’t know, Kim. | 我不知道 金 |
[18:08] | Oh, actually, I do. | 其实我知道 |
[18:11] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[18:18] | There you go. | 就是它了 |
[18:20] | Yeah, it’s the ladies’ room, and I don’t have to pee, so… | 这是女厕所 我不尿急 所以 |
[18:23] | Kim, what is the stick figure wearing? | 金 这个简笔画人物穿的是什么 |
[18:27] | – A dress. – Exactly. | -裙子 -没错 |
[18:31] | Mr. Schall, 12 years ago, you were arrested | 沙尔先生 十二年前你因涉嫌 |
[18:34] | for assaulting Megan’s mother, your exwife? | 袭击梅根的母亲 你的前妻而被捕 |
[18:36] | – Yes. – And after the assault, | -是的 -在袭击之后 |
[18:38] | you were sent to state-ordered rehab for alcohol abuse? | 你因酗酒被送往政府指定的康复中心 |
[18:41] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[18:42] | You’ve remained sober since then? | 从那之后你就一直滴酒未沾吗 |
[18:44] | No, I relapsed. | 没有 我复发了 |
[18:46] | Tell us about the restraining order | 跟我们说说那份 |
[18:48] | that forbids you from contacting Megan or her mother. | 禁止你接触梅根和她母亲的禁令 |
[18:50] | Objection. Mr. Schall is not on trial here. | 反对 沙尔先生不是来受审的 |
[18:53] | – Maybe he should be. – Overruled. | -也许应该审他 -反对无效 |
[18:54] | Mr. Schall, answer the question. | 沙尔先生 请回答问题 |
[18:56] | Well, what’s to answer? | 要我回答什么 |
[18:57] | I was a lousy father, a worse husband. | 我是个失职的父亲 糟糕的丈夫 |
[19:00] | Despite the restraining order, | 你无视法院禁令 |
[19:01] | you recently started texting your daughter? | 最近开始发短信给你女儿 |
[19:04] | I wanted to make amends. | 我想做出补偿 |
[19:06] | How did Megan respond? | 梅根是怎么回复的 |
[19:09] | She asked that I not contact her again. | 她叫我不要再联络她 |
[19:12] | – How did that make you feel? – Sad. | -你对此有何感想 -伤心 |
[19:15] | Disappointed. | 失望 |
[19:18] | And angry? | 还有愤怒 |
[19:22] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[19:24] | Your witness. | 讯问完毕 |
[19:28] | Mr. Schall, why did you try to contact Megan? | 沙尔先生 你为什么试图联系梅根 |
[19:33] | To tell her I was sorry. | 为了向她表达歉意 |
[19:36] | Thank you. I’m sorry for your loss. | 谢谢 对您的丧女之痛我感到遗憾 |
[19:42] | Where were you between 8:00 and 10:00 p.m. | 晚上八点到十点之间你在哪 |
[19:44] | the night of your daughter’s murder? | 就是你女儿被杀的那晚 |
[19:47] | I was on the porch at my house, reading. | 我在家里的门廊上 读书 |
[19:51] | – Alone? – Yes, alone. | -一个人吗 -没错 一个人 |
[19:53] | Nobody saw you? | 没人看见你吗 |
[19:55] | Nobody could stand up and say you weren’t | 没人能站出来证明你 |
[19:57] | at your daughter’s apartment the night of her murder? | 在你女儿被杀当晚不在她房间里吗 |
[20:00] | I wasn’t at my daughter’s house. | 我不在我女儿家里 |
[20:02] | Says you. | 空口无凭 |
[20:03] | No further questions. | 讯问完毕 |
[20:04] | Mr. Kent, I loved my daughter, | 肯特先生 我爱我的女儿 |
[20:07] | and I know I’ve made a lot of mistakes, | 我知道我犯了很多错误 |
[20:09] | but how dare you accuse me of hurting my daughter! | 但你怎敢指责我伤害女儿 |
[20:12] | Order! Please. | 肃静 谢谢 |
[20:13] | Your honor, there’s just as much evidence | 法官大人 对沙尔先生不利的证据 |
[20:15] | against Mr. Schall as there is against my client. | 跟我的委托人一样多 |
[20:17] | We have a confession. | 他已经认罪了 |
[20:18] | – A coerced confession. – Oh, come on. | -是强制认罪 -拜托 |
[20:20] | 14 hours of brow-beating | 你们连续十四小时恐吓我的委托人 |
[20:22] | until my client couldn’t take it anymore. | 直到他不堪重负 |
[20:24] | Drew Prescott would have said he was from mars | 只要能结束审问 德鲁·普莱斯考特都愿意说 |
[20:26] | if it meant ending that interrogation. | 自己是从火星来的 |
[20:27] | We move to suppress the confession | 我方申请将供词排除在呈堂证据之外 |
[20:29] | and dismiss all charges against my client. | 并撤销对我方委托人的所有控告 |
[20:33] | I’ll take it all under advisement. | 我会将之纳入考虑 |
[20:36] | On the right is a photo of the sign | 右边是哈珀学校 |
[20:38] | on the boys’ room at Harper School, | 男洗手间的标识牌 |
[20:40] | and on the left is the girls’ room. | 左边是女洗手间的标识牌 |
[20:42] | What can those photos possibly have to do with this case? | 这些照片跟本案有何关联 |
[20:44] | According to the Harper school student handbook, | 哈珀学校学生手册规定 |
[20:46] | all students are required to wear | 所有学生必须穿着 |
[20:48] | an official Harper school uniform — | 正式的哈珀学校校服 |
[20:50] | Trousers, button-down shirt, and a blazer, | 长裤 扣领衬衫和小西装外套 |
[20:53] | or a skirt, a blouse, and a blazer. | 或是短裙 女式衬衫和小西装外套 |
[20:58] | Sam, would you mind standing up for me, please? | 萨姆 你介意起立一下吗 |
[21:02] | There is nothing in the handbook | 学生手册中没有规定 |
[21:04] | that requires a boy to wear the pants | 男生必须穿裤子 |
[21:06] | or a girl to wear the skirt. | 女生必须穿短裙 |
[21:07] | Well, it’s assumed that girls wear skirts, | 大家公认女生要穿裙子 |
[21:09] | but why is that relevant? | 这又有什么关联 |
[21:11] | We’re not arguing uniforms. | 我们不是在讨论校服的问题 |
[21:12] | The school’s bathroom doors have ideograms on them — | 学校洗手间门上有它们的标识 |
[21:15] | One depicting a figure with pants | 一个画着穿裤子的小人 |
[21:17] | and the other with a skirt. | 另一个穿裙子 |
[21:19] | These are the only bathroom guidelines. | 这是唯一的洗手间指示牌 |
[21:21] | Now, Sam wears pants, | 而萨姆穿着裤子 |
[21:24] | so he’s complied with the school rules | 因此他其实遵守着学校规定 |
[21:26] | by using the bathroom with the ideogram in pants. | 使用画着裤子的洗手间 |
[21:28] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[21:29] | Maybe so, but it’s logically sound. | 也许荒谬 但听起来很有逻辑 |
[21:31] | If Sam’s in compliance with the school’s internal regulations, | 如果萨姆遵守学校内部规定 |
[21:35] | he can continue to use the boys’ room. | 那他可以继续使用男洗手间 |
[21:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:38] | We will amend the handbook | 我们将修订学生手册 |
[21:40] | to insist that girls wear skirts and boys wear pants. | 规定女生必须穿短裙 男生必须穿长裤 |
[21:43] | – Your honor. – I’m ahead of you, Ms. Bingum. | -法官大人 -我先说 宾格温小姐 |
[21:44] | You’re free to change the school’s guidelines, | 你可以修改学校规定 |
[21:47] | but those changes will not apply to Sam, | 但这些更改不适用于萨姆 |
[21:48] | as he matriculated under the current policy. | 因为他是依照现行政策被录取的 |
[21:50] | Now we’re done. | 休庭 |
[21:56] | I introduced another viable suspect, | 我提供了另一个疑犯 |
[21:58] | but unless the judge tosses the confession, | 但除非法官判定供词作废 |
[22:00] | it doesn’t look good for Drew. | 否则情况对德鲁不利 |
[22:02] | Never should have been a confession. | 本就不该认罪 |
[22:04] | Whatever the hell you were doing that night, | 不管你那晚在干什么 |
[22:05] | I hope it was worth risking your client’s freedom. | 我希望那值得拿你委托人的自由冒险 |
[22:07] | Owen. | 欧文 |
[22:09] | Grayson was with me at my house. | 格雷森当晚和我在一起 在我家 |
[22:16] | In the future, keep your cell turned on. | 以后记得把手机开机 |
[22:23] | Hate to say it, but he’s right. | 我讨厌承认这点 但他说得对 |
[22:25] | I agree. | 同意 |
[22:29] | Oh. My client’s here. | 我的委托人来了 |
[22:31] | Owen said you won the case. | 欧文说你官司打赢了 |
[22:32] | Yeah, we did. Excuse me. | 是啊 失陪一下 |
[22:36] | Tom, what’s going on? | 汤姆 怎么了 |
[22:38] | Sam’s been expelled. | 萨姆被开除了 |
[22:40] | What?! | 什么 |
[22:44] | They’re saying you falsified Sam’s application? | 他们说你篡改了萨姆的申请 |
[22:46] | Yeah, when he applied, we checked off “Boy,” not “Girl.” | 是的 他申请的时候 我们把”女”改成了”男” |
[22:49] | But the principal knew what you were doing, and she supported you. | 但校长知道你们的情况 她也支持你们 |
[22:51] | Board just fired her. | 董事会刚刚炒了她 |
[22:55] | We’re gonna fight this, | 我们要抗争到底 |
[22:56] | and the principal has grounds for wrongful termination. | 校长有不正当解约的证据 |
[22:58] | I will have Kim contact her immediately. | 我会让金立刻联系她 |
[23:01] | Sam loves Harper school. He belongs there. | 萨姆喜欢哈珀学校 他属于那里 |
[23:04] | Listen, your son was born into the wrong body, | 你儿子生在错误的身体里 |
[23:09] | and he’s gonna have a lot of obstacles in life, | 他的一生中还会遇到很多阻碍 |
[23:11] | but getting an education shouldn’t be one of them. | 但接受教育不应该是其中之一 |
[23:14] | I will fight this. I promise. | 我会抗争到底 我保证 |
[23:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:24] | Having considered the evidence, | 考虑到现有证据 |
[23:25] | I’m ready to rule on the defendant’s motion | 我将批准被告人的申请 |
[23:27] | to suppress the confession… | 排除供词 |
[23:29] | – Thank you. – and quash the indictment. | -谢谢 -并撤销起诉 |
[23:31] | Excuse me, your honor. | 打扰一下 法官大人 |
[23:33] | Before you rule, the people would like to introduce | 在您裁决之前 我想向您提供 |
[23:35] | new evidence against the defendant. | 有关被告人的新的不利证据 |
[23:36] | Objection. | 反对 |
[23:37] | We were not given notice of additional evidence. | 我方没有收到有关追加证据的通知 |
[23:39] | – It just came to light. – What is it, then? | -证据刚刚出炉 -什么证据 |
[23:40] | We executed a search warrant | 我们搜查了 |
[23:42] | on the defendant’s boat in the marina. | 被告人位于码头上的小船 |
[23:44] | The police recovered rope — | 警方找到一根绳子 |
[23:45] | The same kind used to bind the victim. | 与绑缚被害人的绳子种类相同 |
[23:47] | The crime lab compared the frayed ends. | 罪证化验室比较了两者断口 |
[23:49] | They’re a match. | 结果匹配 |
[23:50] | I’ll have the report e-mailed to counsel | 我将发邮件把化验报告交给辩方律师 |
[23:52] | and hand-delivered to chambers. | 并亲手送交内庭 |
[23:53] | Assuming that’s all true, | 如果真是这样 |
[23:54] | the defendant’s motions are rejected, | 被告人的申请将被驳回 |
[23:56] | and we’ll go right to jury selection. | 直接开始选择陪审团成员 |
[23:59] | Until I can view that report, we’re adjourned. | 看到报告之前 暂且休庭 |
[24:02] | A rope. In your boat. | 一根绳子 在你的船里 |
[24:04] | Do you have any idea how screwed we are right now? | 你知道我们现在的境况有多糟吗 |
[24:07] | – The cops must have planted it. – How?! | -一定是警察栽赃 -怎么栽赃 |
[24:09] | Drew, you can’t fake a matching piece of rope. | 德鲁 你没法伪造断口吻合的绳子 |
[24:18] | Then get the evidence tossed… | 那就让证据作废 |
[24:21] | or suppressed. | 要么就排除 |
[24:23] | Whatever you lawyers do. | 总之用你们律师的办法 |
[24:25] | I can’t just make things up. | 我不能胡编 |
[24:28] | And I need to explain the rope. | 我必须对绳子作出解释 |
[24:31] | Can you help me so I can help you? | 你能帮我吗 好让我来帮你 |
[24:34] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[24:35] | How about you tell me what to say, | 不如你教我怎么说 |
[24:39] | and then I say it? | 我来说 |
[24:47] | I think I better go. | 我觉得我还是走吧 |
[24:48] | Figure out a way to get me out of here. | 找办法把我放出来 |
[24:50] | Because you’re innocent? | 因为你是无辜的吗 |
[24:50] | Because it’s your damn job! | 因为这他妈是你的工作 |
[25:00] | I want you to readmit Sam Simbler. | 我希望你重新录取萨姆·辛普勒 |
[25:03] | His expulsion is a blatant retaliation for your courtroom loss, | 他被开除 是对法庭败诉的公然报复 |
[25:07] | and firing the principal — | 而解雇校长 |
[25:08] | That’s just further proof of your vindictiveness. | 这更加证明你对判决结果怀恨在心 |
[25:10] | Principal Gordon was fired for failing to inform the board | 戈登校长被解雇是因为她允许女孩使用男洗手间 |
[25:14] | that she allowed a girl to use the boys’ room. | 却没有告知董事会 |
[25:16] | And as for your client’s expulsion, | 至于你的委托人被开除 |
[25:18] | the Simblers misrepresented | 辛普勒一家在申请表上 |
[25:19] | their daughter’s gender on her application. | 没有如实登记他们女儿的性别 |
[25:23] | Well, then, we will see you back in court. | 那就法庭上见吧 |
[25:25] | Should you opt to pursue this further, | 如果你选择继续起诉 |
[25:28] | the school will file a counterclaim. | 校方将提起反诉 |
[25:31] | What are you gonna do — sue the Simblers? | 你要怎么做 起诉辛普勒一家吗 |
[25:33] | They misrepresented their daughter’s gender | 萨曼莎的经济援助表格上的性别 |
[25:35] | on Samantha’s financial-aid form. | 也没有如实填写 |
[25:37] | We’d be seeking the full value | 我方将要求萨曼莎全额返还 |
[25:40] | of Samantha’s fraudulently obtained scholarship — | 她依靠欺骗手段获得的奖学金 |
[25:43] | $60,000. | 也就是六万美元 |
[25:47] | Oh, Mr. Brenner, | 布伦纳先生 |
[25:50] | I don’t know how you sleep at night. | 真不知道你晚上怎么睡得着觉 |
[25:52] | I will see you very soon. | 我们很快会再见面 |
[26:08] | Think it’s a good idea to be drinking right now? | 你觉得现在喝酒是好主意吗 |
[26:11] | He did it. | 是他做的 |
[26:13] | He all but confessed to me. | 他只瞒着我 |
[26:15] | He killed the girl. | 是他杀了那个女孩 |
[26:17] | So? | 那又如何 |
[26:18] | So I didn’t become a lawyer | 我才不要做一个 |
[26:19] | to put guilty predators back on the street. | 帮坏人脱罪的律师 |
[26:21] | Nobody wants that, Grayson! Nobody! | 没人想这样 格雷森 没人想 |
[26:24] | But everybody in that courtroom is gunning for your client, | 但法庭上所有人都想对付你的委托人 |
[26:26] | and the only chance he has to be heard is through you! | 而他只能通过你来自辩 |
[26:30] | That’s how the system works. | 制度就是这样 |
[26:34] | I don’t know what to argue. | 我不知道该辩护些什么 |
[26:37] | Look, if you don’t think you can win, | 如果你觉得你赢不了 |
[26:38] | you find a weakness in the prosecution’s case, | 你就找到检方的弱点 |
[26:40] | and you get the best deal you can for your client. | 为你的委托人争取到最好的待遇 |
[26:43] | That’s your job. | 那是你的工作 |
[26:46] | That’s what Drew said. | 德鲁也是这么说的 |
[26:48] | Well, unfortunately, he’s right. | 很不幸 他说得对 |
[26:52] | Put the scotch away. | 别喝了 |
[26:58] | Gender dysphoria is a condition | 性别焦虑症是一种 |
[27:00] | in which a person’s gender identity clashes | 患者的生理性别 |
[27:03] | with the sex they’re assigned at birth. | 与心理性别不符的状况 |
[27:04] | Dr. Kelly, is there a treatment protocol? | 凯莉医生 有治疗方案吗 |
[27:07] | Yes. It’s called acceptance. | 有的 就是接纳它 |
[27:11] | Were the Simblers acting in their child’s best interest | 辛普勒一家在学校申请表上将性别改为”男” |
[27:13] | when they checked “Male” on the school application? | 是否符合他们孩子的最大利益呢 |
[27:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:20] | When you say Sam suffers from gender dysphoria, | 你说萨姆患有性别焦虑症 |
[27:22] | that’s a mental disorder, right? | 那是精神疾病 对吗 |
[27:25] | We don’t think of it as suffering. | 我们不认为那是患病 |
[27:26] | But the condition is listed with the D.S.M., | 但其症状被列在精神疾病诊断与统计手册中 |
[27:29] | so it’s a recognized disorder? | 所以是公认的疾病对吗 |
[27:31] | – Objection. – Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[27:32] | To be absolutely clear, | 说得更清楚一些 |
[27:34] | your testimony is that Samantha is a girl | 你的证词称萨曼莎是一个女孩 |
[27:36] | with an identity disorder, correct? | 患有性别识别障碍 对吗 |
[27:38] | Objection! Badgering! | 反对 纠缠证人 |
[27:40] | Actually, we withdraw that objection. | 事实上 我们撤回刚才的反对要求 |
[27:43] | – What? – What’s going on, counselors? | -什么 -怎么回事 律师们 |
[27:44] | We’d like the witness to answer the question. | 我们希望证人回答该问题 |
[27:46] | As would I. | 我也希望 |
[27:49] | Yes, gender dysphoria is a recognized mental disorder. | 是的 性别焦虑是一种公认的精神疾病 |
[27:53] | – Thank you. – Your honor, | -谢谢你 -法官大人 |
[27:54] | since Mr. Brenner contends | 既然布伦纳先生声称 |
[27:56] | that Sam suffers from a mental disorder, | 萨姆患有精神疾病 |
[27:58] | we would like to amend our complaint | 我们希望修改控诉 |
[28:00] | to include discrimination | 增加歧视一项 |
[28:01] | under the Americans with Disabilities Act, | 根据《美国残疾人法》 |
[28:03] | which applies to private schools. | 其同样适用于私立学校 |
[28:05] | No, no. No way. That’s not what I meant. | 不 不是那样的 那不是我的意思 |
[28:07] | Kim, listen, I don’t want to argue that Sam is disabled. | 金 我不想辩护说萨姆是残疾人 |
[28:10] | Shh. Under the A.D.A., the school is required | 别说话 根据《美国残疾人法》 |
[28:12] | to make reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. | 学校应对残疾学生做出合理的调整 |
[28:15] | Stop it. Now. | 快停下 |
[28:16] | Ms. Kaswell’s argument has merit. | 卡斯维女士的论点有道理 |
[28:18] | Mr. Brenner, how do you respond? | 布伦纳先生 你怎么回应 |
[28:21] | Uh, we’d like to take a recess. | 我想要休庭 |
[28:23] | Well, let’s go to lunch. | 好吧 我们先吃午饭 |
[28:26] | How the hell could you argue disability?! | 你怎么能以残疾为论点呢 |
[28:29] | Our clients want to win. | 我们的委托人想要赢这场官司 |
[28:30] | No, they want respect | 不 他们想要尊重 |
[28:32] | from the school and from the legal system. | 来自学校和司法系统的尊重 |
[28:34] | And Sam is not mentally ill. | 而且萨姆没有精神疾病 |
[28:37] | I was just using Brenner’s own words against him. | 我只是在用布伦纳自己的观点来反驳他 |
[28:39] | – Kim. – Ms. Kaswell, you crossed the line. | -金 -卡斯维女士 你太过分了 |
[28:41] | Our son isn’t sick or crazy. | 我们的儿子没有生病也没疯 |
[28:43] | No, of course he’s not, | 是的 他当然没有 |
[28:45] | but since the other side made that argument, | 但既然对方提出了那个论点 |
[28:46] | it would be foolish not to use it to our advantage. | 不拿来利用就太傻了 |
[28:49] | No, the ends don’t justify the means. | 不能为了目的不择手段 |
[28:50] | We won’t allow anyone to hurt Sam | 我们不允许任何人伤害萨姆 |
[28:52] | or make him feel less than what — | 或是让他感觉… |
[28:52] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[28:55] | I’d rather be a girl than be crazy. | 我宁愿做个女孩也不愿当个疯子 |
[28:58] | Honey, you aren’t crazy. | 亲爱的 你没疯 |
[29:00] | – Mr. Brenner. – Yes? | -布伦纳先生 -什么事 |
[29:02] | If I’m a girl, | 如果我是个女孩 |
[29:03] | does that mean I can go back to school | 是不是意味着我可以回到学校 |
[29:04] | and that you’ll drop the lawsuit against my parents? | 你也会对我父母撤诉 |
[29:06] | Yes, Samantha. | 是的 萨曼莎 |
[29:07] | And if you hurry, you should make fourth period. | 如果你快点 还能赶上第四节课 |
[29:12] | Mom, will you take me back to school? | 妈妈 你能带我回学校吗 |
[29:15] | Of course. Let’s go. | 当然 我们走 |
[29:30] | Hey, sweetie, you’re home. | 亲爱的 你回来了 |
[29:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:32] | Um, kim gave me a box of baby clothes. | 金给了我一箱子婴儿衣服 |
[29:34] | Is this not the cutest thing you have ever seen? | 这件小衣服是不是萌爆了哇 |
[29:37] | Oh, my god! | 天哪 |
[29:39] | Look at the little hippo. | 看这个小河马 |
[29:42] | But, wait, I thought you were spending the evening with Owen. | 可我还以为晚上你要跟欧文在一起 |
[29:44] | I just needed a little break. | 我只是需要点空间 |
[29:47] | That doesn’t sound good. | 听起来不妙 |
[29:48] | No, everything is going swell. | 不 一切都好极了 |
[29:50] | Oh, okay. You hate the word “swell.” | 好吧 你讨厌”好极了”这个词 |
[29:53] | Jane… | 简 |
[29:54] | Owen couldn’t be sweeter. | 欧文非常贴心 |
[29:56] | He synchronized our calendars. | 他同步了我们的日历 |
[29:57] | He scheduled our Lamaze classes. | 他安排了我们的无痛分娩课 |
[29:59] | He even went all the way to house of pies at 2:00 a.m. | 他甚至凌晨两点去派屋 |
[30:02] | Because I woke up with a craving for gooseberry pie, | 就因为我醒来后特别想吃鹅莓派 |
[30:04] | and I’ve never even tasted a gooseberry. | 而我甚至从没尝过鹅莓 |
[30:05] | Yeah, I mean, Owen’s pretty much perfect. | 是啊 欧文几乎是完美的 |
[30:08] | Mm-hmm. And I hate it. | 是啊 但是我讨厌那样 |
[30:10] | I don’t know what’s wrong with me. | 我不知道我怎么了 |
[30:13] | He wanted to get me the V.I.P. maternity suite. | 他想给我安排贵宾产房 |
[30:15] | So I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[30:17] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -我不知道 |
[30:19] | And the truth is is that I-I really do want to watch | 事实上我真的很想 |
[30:21] | a flat-screen TV while I’m dilating. | 在开指时能看上平板电视 |
[30:23] | Of course you do. Okay, you know what? | 当然了 这样吧 |
[30:26] | We need to figure out | 我们得搞清楚 |
[30:27] | why you can’t accept Owen’s kindness, okay? | 为什么你不能接受欧文的好心 |
[30:30] | So I’m gonna get in my PJs, | 我这就换上睡衣 |
[30:31] | make popcorn, and we’re gonna work it all out. | 做些爆米花 然后我们一起解决这个问题 |
[30:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:34] | Oh, hold on. It’s Kim. | 稍等 是金的电话 |
[30:36] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:38] | What? | 什么 |
[30:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:42] | No, I’ll be right there. | 我马上就去 |
[30:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:45] | Sorry, sweetie, | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[30:46] | I can’t psychoanalyze you right now. | 我不能帮你做精神分析了 |
[30:47] | My client’s in the hospital. I got to run. | 我的委托人进医院了 我得赶紧走了 |
[30:54] | I saw my reflection in the classroom window. | 我看到教室窗户里我的映像 |
[30:57] | It was me, but in a girl’s uniform. | 那是我 但却穿着女孩子的制服 |
[31:01] | I started crying. | 我开始哭泣 |
[31:03] | These older boys started laughing at me. | 那些大男孩开始嘲笑我 |
[31:06] | I ran away and tripped. | 我跑开时绊倒了 |
[31:08] | I should never have let you go to school in a skirt. | 我不应该让你穿着裙子去学校的 |
[31:10] | I am so sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:11] | Sam, with your permission, | 萨姆 如果你允许 |
[31:13] | I would like to try and go back to court. | 我想重新尝试上法庭 |
[31:15] | We won’t let you say our son has a mental disorder. | 我们不会让你说我们的儿子有精神疾病 |
[31:17] | No, we’re dropping that argument. | 不 我们要放弃那个论点 |
[31:19] | I never should have used it to begin with. | 我一开始就不应该使用那个说法 |
[31:21] | I want the judge to hear from Sam. | 我想让法官听听萨姆的想法 |
[31:24] | In your own words. | 用你自己的话 |
[31:26] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 |
[31:31] | I had — I bound her wrists, and I tied her up tight, | 我绑住了她的手腕 紧紧地系在一起 |
[31:34] | and then I grabbed a pillow, and I…held it over her face | 然后用枕头蒙住了她的脸 |
[31:37] | for two, maybe, uh, three minutes until — | 压了大概两三分钟 |
[31:43] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[31:45] | – You okay? – Yeah, can I show you something? | -你还好吗 -我能给你看个东西吗 |
[31:47] | Yeah. You look exhausted. | 好的 你看起来很疲惫 |
[31:49] | Here, watch this. | 你看看这个 |
[31:51] | Two, maybe, uh, three minutes — | 压了大概两三分钟 |
[31:53] | All right, I got to the precinct at 11:35 P.M. | 我是晚上11点35分到的分局 |
[31:55] | They told me Drew was already on his way to Central Booking. | 他们跟我说德鲁已经在去中央拘留所的路上了 |
[31:58] | – Okay. – Okay, now look at this. | -好的 -那你看这个 |
[32:01] | Look at his watch. | 看看他的手表 |
[32:03] | It says 12:05. He was still at the precinct. | 表上的时间是12点5分 他仍然在分局 |
[32:06] | So the cops lied to you. | 所以警察欺骗了你 |
[32:08] | And they interrogated him for another two hours. | 他们又审问了他两个小时 |
[32:10] | They intentionally prevented me from getting to him. | 他们故意阻止我接触他 |
[32:12] | So they sent you on a wild-goose chase to buy themselves | 所以他们让你白跑腿只是为了 |
[32:15] | more one-on-one time with your client. | 为自己争取更多与你委托人独处的时间 |
[32:17] | Yeah, they violated his right to counsel, | 是的 他们违反了他请律师的权利 |
[32:18] | which means the judge will have to suppress the confession, | 这意味着法官将不得不将供词排除在证据外 |
[32:21] | and if the confession is suppressed, | 如果排除了供词 |
[32:23] | then the evidence of the rope, | 那么证明我的委托人 |
[32:24] | which places my client at the crime scene, | 在犯罪现场的绳子证据 |
[32:26] | gets suppressed, as well. | 也会被排除 |
[32:28] | Fruit of the poisonous tree. | 根据毒树果实理论 |
[32:31] | So the prosecution has no case. You win. | 那检方的案子不成立 你赢了 |
[32:34] | Nice work. | 做得好 |
[32:37] | A cold-blooded murderer will walk. | 一个冷血杀手会逃脱 |
[32:40] | I can’t be a part of it. | 我不能参与其中 |
[32:41] | Grayson, he’s your client. | 格雷森 他是你的委托人 |
[32:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:45] | I mean, it means I’ll likely never make partner here, but… | 这可能意味着我永远没法成为合伙人 |
[32:50] | I need to remove myself from the case. | 但我得从这个案子里撤出来 |
[32:56] | Um, you know what? Talk to owen. | 你该跟欧文谈谈 |
[32:59] | Just tell him how you feel. | 跟他说说你的想法 |
[33:00] | And if that means you never make partner here, | 如果那意味着你永远不能成为合伙人 |
[33:02] | then you and I will leave. | 那你和我就离开 |
[33:04] | We’ll start our own firm. | 我们开办自己的事务所 |
[33:12] | I love you, Grayson. | 我爱你 格雷森 |
[33:13] | This is all gonna be okay. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[33:15] | Talk to Owen. | 跟欧文谈谈 |
[33:24] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[33:25] | You can’t stop me from telling Grayson the truth. | 你不能阻止我跟格雷森说事情的真相 |
[33:27] | Enough. | 够了 |
[33:28] | No, Jane, I, um… | 不 简 我 |
[33:30] | I just wanted to give you my blessing. | 我只是想为你送上我的祝福 |
[33:32] | As your guardian angel, | 作为你的守护天使 |
[33:33] | I should be looking out for your best interest, | 我应该为你的最佳利益着想 |
[33:35] | and I think telling Grayson the truth is that. | 我想跟格雷森说事实对你最好 |
[33:38] | So I just, um… | 所以 我只是 |
[33:40] | I just wanted to say goodbye while I’m still here. | 只是想在我还在的时候说再见 |
[33:46] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:47] | Yeah. | 不客气 |
[33:48] | That’s surprisingly… | 真没想到 |
[33:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:57] | You know, I really will miss you. | 我会想念你的 |
[34:00] | And your underwear on my floor. | 想念你乱丢在地板上的内裤 |
[34:02] | And your inappropriately naked body on my sofa. | 想念你酣睡在沙发上的裸体 |
[34:07] | But, most importantly… | 而最重要的是 |
[34:11] | I’ll miss your kindness. | 我会想念你的善良 |
[34:13] | We had fun, right? | 我们相处得很愉快 对吧 |
[34:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:17] | Yeah, we did. | 没错 |
[34:22] | Bye, Paul. | 再见 保罗 |
[34:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:46] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉迟到了 |
[34:47] | The prenatal massage you got me went a little long. | 你帮我安排的产前按摩拖了点时间 |
[34:50] | I got you something else. | 我还给你买了样东西 |
[34:51] | Oh, Owen, you need to stop. | 欧文 你不能再这样了 |
[34:54] | You — you bought me a car. | 你给我买了辆车 |
[34:56] | An extremely safe car. | 绝对安全 |
[34:58] | Front and rear crumple zones, side airbags, | 配有前后撞击缓冲区 侧面安全气囊 |
[35:00] | and integrated child booster seats. | 集成式儿童安全座椅 |
[35:02] | Make sure we keep you and the babies safe. | 能保证你和宝宝的安全 |
[35:03] | That’s so thoughtful. | 你太体贴了 |
[35:06] | – But no. – No? | -但不行 -不行 |
[35:08] | No. I can’t do this anymore. | 不 我不能再接受你的好意了 |
[35:11] | Thank you for the car, but I can’t accept it. | 谢谢你给我买车 但我不能接受 |
[35:13] | You know, you do these things | 你做的这些事情 |
[35:15] | that I love and I hate at the same time. | 让我又爱又恨 |
[35:17] | Whoa, Stacy, w-what’s going on? | 史黛西 怎么了 |
[35:18] | I am Stacy Barrett, independent woman. | 我是史黛西·巴瑞特 一位独立女性 |
[35:20] | Yeah, that’s what I love about you. | 是啊 我就爱你这一点 |
[35:22] | I don’t want to push you away. | 我不想把你推开 |
[35:23] | Then don’t. | 那就别嘛 |
[35:24] | But the thing is, you are treating me like a wife, | 但问题在于 你把我当老婆养 |
[35:27] | and I am not your wife, so I cannot accept | 而我不是你老婆 所以我不能接受 |
[35:29] | these gifts and kind acts of generosity | 这些礼物和慷慨善举 |
[35:31] | because it just doesn’t feel right. | 因为就是感觉不对头 |
[35:40] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[35:42] | – Owen, I’m sorry. – No. | -欧文 对不起 -不 |
[35:45] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[35:51] | I have been treating you like a wife, | 我一直把你当老婆对待 |
[35:53] | and you’re not. | 而你不是 |
[35:56] | Let’s rectify that. | 我们来纠正一下这点 |
[35:58] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[36:00] | Stacy Barrett, independent woman… | 史黛西·巴瑞特 独立女性 |
[36:05] | My heart is full whenever we’re together, | 我们在一起时 我的内心很满足 |
[36:10] | a-and it aches whenever we’re apart. | 而分开时 我就心痛 |
[36:18] | and I care about you more than anyone | 这世上我最关心的人 |
[36:21] | or anything in the entire world. | 就是你 |
[36:25] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:27] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:28] | And would you do me the greatest honor in the entire universe | 你愿意赏我无上荣光 |
[36:32] | and be my wife? | 做我的妻子吗 |
[36:39] | Was that a yes? | 这是愿意的意思吗 |
[36:40] | Yes. Absolutely. | 是的 我当然愿意 |
[36:52] | I get your message. You wanted to talk? | 我收到你的短信了 你想聊聊吗 |
[36:53] | I want off the case. | 我想撤出这个案子 |
[36:57] | You committed to a client facing the rest of his life in jail. | 你代理了一位面临无期徒刑的客户 |
[37:00] | You will continue on this case until it’s done. | 你必须坚持到结案才行 |
[37:02] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[37:04] | I discovered that the cops violated | 我发现警察侵犯了 |
[37:05] | Drew’s constitutional rights, | 德鲁的宪法权利 |
[37:07] | and if I raise it, Drew would go free. | 如果我提出来 德鲁就会获释 |
[37:09] | I can’t put a murderer back on the street. | 我不能让谋杀犯逍遥法外 |
[37:12] | I won’t stay on the case. | 我不会继续负责此案了 |
[37:13] | Fine. If you won’t, then I will. | 好吧 你不负责 那我来 |
[37:15] | And you’re gonna be my first witness. | 而你将是我的首位证人 |
[37:17] | What? You can’t force me to — | 什么 你不能强迫我 |
[37:18] | Bet I can. | 我能 |
[37:19] | Expect a subpoena later this afternoon. | 今天下午等传票吧 |
[37:22] | Oh, and after you testify, | 你作完证之后 |
[37:24] | you and I will discuss your future at this firm. | 我们再来讨论你在律所将何去何从 |
[37:33] | Sam, are you a boy or a girl? | 萨姆 你是个男孩还是女孩 |
[37:35] | – A boy. – And how do you know? | -男孩 -你怎么知道 |
[37:37] | I just do. | 我就是知道 |
[37:38] | I mean, my parents taught me the difference between the truth and a lie. | 我父母教给了我真相和谎言的区别 |
[37:42] | And this is the truth. | 而这是真相 |
[37:43] | Have you ever thought you were a girl? | 你有想过自己是女孩吗 |
[37:45] | No. | 没有 |
[37:46] | From the minute I could talk, I told my parents I was a boy. | 从我会说话开始 我就告诉我父母我是男孩 |
[37:49] | I like boy things. I do stuff that guys do. | 我喜欢男生的东西 做男生做的事 |
[37:52] | When I was little, I used to get invited to princess parties, | 我小时候曾受到公主派对的邀请 |
[37:56] | and I’d pretend I was sick | 我就装病 |
[37:57] | so I wouldn’t have to go and put on a dress. | 这样就不必穿裙子出席了 |
[38:00] | I’ve just always been a boy. | 我一直都是个男孩 |
[38:04] | Thank you, Sam. | 谢谢你 萨姆 |
[38:08] | Just one question. | 还有一个问题 |
[38:10] | Do you have a penis? | 你有小鸡鸡吗 |
[38:12] | My body is a mistake. | 我的身体是个错误 |
[38:15] | I didn’t choose to be a boy any more than you did. | 做男孩并非我自己的选择 就跟你一样 |
[38:19] | But I know who I am. | 但我知道自己的身份 |
[38:21] | And I know how I feel inside. | 也知道自己内心的感受 |
[38:24] | So your answer is no. | 所以你的答案是否定的 |
[38:25] | – You don’t have a penis. – Objection! | -你没有小鸡鸡 -反对 |
[38:27] | We all get your point, Mr. Brenner. | 我们都懂你的意思了 布伦纳先生 |
[38:29] | And I’m ready to make my ruling. | 我准备作出裁决 |
[38:32] | As far as I’m concerned, Sam is a boy. | 依我看来 萨姆是男孩 |
[38:35] | But to order the school to treat him as such | 但依据州法 判决学校把他 |
[38:37] | would exceed my authority under state law. | 当男生看待 将超出我的职权 |
[38:39] | That being said, I’m dismissing | 尽管如此 我要驳回 |
[38:41] | the $60,000 counter claim against the Simblers. | 对辛普勒一家六万美元的反索赔 |
[38:44] | Beyond that, there’s nothing I can do. | 除此之外 我也无能为力 |
[38:48] | You are a very brave young man, | 你是个很勇敢的小伙子 |
[38:50] | and I truly wish you the best of luck… Sir. | 我真心祝你好运 先生 |
[38:56] | We’ll appeal. I won’t stop fighting. | 我们会上诉 我不会放弃抗争 |
[38:59] | Yeah, but what do we do about school in the meantime? | 好 但与此同时我们该怎么处理学校的问题呢 |
[39:01] | Sam will have to enroll at the local public school. | 萨姆得就读于当地的公立学校 |
[39:04] | Hi, everyone, | 各位好 |
[39:05] | um, I’m — I’m really sorry that I missed the hearing. | 抱歉我错过了聆讯 |
[39:07] | Kim, we lost. | 金 我们输了 |
[39:09] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[39:11] | Ms. Gordon, are you here for the wrongful-termination claim? | 戈登女士 你来是为了非法解雇索赔吗 |
[39:13] | Nope. She’s here to talk to Sam. | 不 她是想跟萨姆聊聊 |
[39:17] | I just accepted a job as principal at La Brea Academy. | 我刚接受了拉布雷亚学院的校长一职 |
[39:21] | They have a state-of-the-art computer lab, | 他们有最先进的计算机房 |
[39:23] | and it’s only a few miles from your home. | 而且离你家只有几英里远 |
[39:27] | Sam, would you like to attend? | 萨姆 你想去那里上学吗 |
[39:29] | As a boy? | 当个男孩吗 |
[39:29] | Of course. You are a boy. | 当然 你就是个男孩 |
[39:32] | And I can offer you a full scholarship. | 我可以为你提供全额奖学金 |
[39:34] | Yes, thank you! Thank you so much! | 好 谢谢你 太感谢了 |
[39:44] | According to the logbook, | 根据记录表 |
[39:45] | you arrived at the precinct at 11:35 p.m., correct? | 你是晚上11点35分到的分局 对吗 |
[39:49] | Correct. | 对 |
[39:50] | At that point, you were told that your client, Drew Prescott, | 当时你被告知你的委托人德鲁·普莱斯考特 |
[39:52] | had already been transported to Central Booking? | 已被移送到中央拘留所 |
[39:58] | Correct. | 对 |
[39:58] | Your honor, | 法官大人 |
[39:59] | I move to suppress Drew Prescott’s confession, | 我申请将德鲁·普莱斯考特的认罪排除在外 |
[40:01] | as his interrogation was unconstitutional. | 因为他的讯问不符合宪法规定 |
[40:03] | Consequently, all evidence flowing from said confsion is tainted. | 从而导致所有来自该供词的证词均受到损害 |
[40:07] | I demand that the court dismiss all charges. | 我请求法庭撤销所有指控 |
[40:10] | Mr. Saginaw. | 萨吉诺先生 |
[40:12] | Maybe his watch was wrong. | 可能他的手表出了错 |
[40:14] | You’re going to need to do better than that. | 你要拿出比这更有力的证据 |
[40:17] | The law is clear. Mr. Prescott requested a lawyer. | 法律有明确规定 普莱斯考特先生想请律师 |
[40:20] | Access was denied. | 但却遭到拒绝 |
[40:22] | I have no choice but to dismiss the charges. | 我只得撤销指控 |
[40:32] | You know, Sam’s a pretty remarkable kid. | 萨姆是个了不起的孩子 |
[40:34] | I know. I’m glad it all worked out. | 我知道 很高兴问题解决了 |
[40:36] | – Yeah. Thanks for your help. – You’re welcome. | -是啊 谢谢你帮忙 -不客气 |
[40:38] | You put a killer back on the street. | 你让一名杀人犯逍遥法外 |
[40:39] | I hope you’re happy. | 这下你开心了 |
[40:40] | Let me be clear. | 我把话说清楚 |
[40:41] | Your conduct on this case was disgraceful. | 你在这件案子上的表现很丢脸 |
[40:45] | Mr. Kent. | 肯特先生 |
[40:47] | Nice work, counselor. | 干得漂亮 律师 |
[40:50] | And, Mr. French, you’re a credit to your profession. | 法兰奇先生 你为律师增了光 |
[40:57] | Oh, look, Owen and Grayson are here. | 瞧 欧文和格雷森在这呢 |
[40:58] | Grayson! | 格雷森 |
[40:59] | Grayson! | 格雷森 |
[41:01] | No! | 不 |
[41:11] | Oh, my god. Oh, my god. | 天呐 |