时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:04] | That’s me — Deb — | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:06] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:08] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:14] | So now, I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:15] | A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:19] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:21] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | Well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:41] | I thought you were someone else. | 我还以为是别人 |
[00:43] | It’s me — the real Jane. | 我是真正的简 |
[00:45] | And I want my life back. | 我要你把我的生活还给我 |
[00:47] | Jane, he is crazy about you. | 简 他爱死你了 |
[00:50] | You need to go to him and tell him how you feel. | 你要去找他 告诉他你的感受 |
[00:53] | Grayson, I have something that I want to say to you. | 格雷森 我有件事想告诉你 |
[00:57] | I — | 我 |
[00:58] | Jane! Your mother’s in the hospital. | 简 你妈妈进医院了 |
[01:00] | Sweetie, my mom is fine. | 亲爱的 我妈没事 |
[01:02] | Your other mother. Jane’s mom. | 你另一个妈妈 简的妈妈 |
[01:04] | She collapsed. | 她晕倒了 |
[01:05] | What?! | 什么 |
[01:10] | Excuse me. | 请问 |
[01:11] | I’m looking for Elaine Bingum, my mother. | 我找伊莱恩·宾格温 我妈 |
[01:13] | She collapsed. | 她晕倒了 |
[01:16] | With Elizabeth Taylor. | 和伊丽莎白·泰勒[演员] |
[01:17] | We found her. | 找到她了 |
[01:20] | Janie! | 简宝 |
[01:21] | Mom. | 妈 |
[01:22] | Ladies, this is my daughter, the brilliant lawyer. | 姑娘们 这是我女儿 出色的律师 |
[01:26] | I gave them all your business cards | 我把你的名片都发给她们了 |
[01:27] | just in case they give a patient the wrong pill or something. | 万一她们给病人发错药什么的 |
[01:30] | Honey, you look flushed. Have you been running? | 亲爱的 你脸发红了 一路跑过来的吗 |
[01:32] | Yeah. I’ve been worried about you, mom. | 是啊 我好担心你 妈 |
[01:35] | Can we have a moment, please? | 能让我们聊会儿吗 |
[01:37] | – Sure. – Thanks. | -当然 -谢了 |
[01:39] | What are you doing here? | 你们来干什么 |
[01:41] | The hospital called. They said you collapsed. | 医院打来电话 说你晕倒了 |
[01:44] | That. | 那事啊 |
[01:45] | Yeah, that. | 对 就那事 |
[01:47] | I came to town to see a musical — | 我去城里看音乐剧 |
[01:49] | “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.” | 《沙漠妖姬》 |
[01:50] | Oh, I love that show. | 我爱死那部剧了 |
[01:52] | – The boys are so pretty. – Okay. | -男演员都好帅 -好吧 |
[01:54] | During intermission, I got up too fast and fainted. | 幕间休息时 我起身太快晕倒了 |
[01:56] | It’s nothing. The doctor just discharged me. | 没事 医生刚放我出院了 |
[02:00] | Oh, I gave him one of your business cards, too. | 我也给他发了你的名片 |
[02:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:03] | Stacy and I, we’re gonna take you back to our place | 我和史黛西会带你回我们家 |
[02:05] | so you can rest. | 让你好好休息 |
[02:06] | Honey, I don’t want to be a bother. | 亲爱的 我不想给你们添麻烦 |
[02:11] | Mom, we would love it | 妈 如果你能来 |
[02:13] | if you would come stay with us for a few days. | 跟我们住几天 我们会很开心的 |
[02:16] | Well, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble. | 只要不给你们添太多麻烦就行 |
[02:20] | Janie, let’s go! | 简宝 走吧 |
[02:27] | Elaine, this egg in a hat — rocking my world. | 伊莱恩 这个鸡蛋土司 简直太赞了 |
[02:30] | I love this guy. | 我喜欢这个小伙子 |
[02:31] | Right back at you, Elaine. | 我也喜欢你 伊莱恩 |
[02:33] | Mom, you’re supposed to be resting. | 妈 你该好好休息才是 |
[02:36] | Cooking relaxes me. | 烹饪让我很放松 |
[02:38] | Why are you all dressed up? | 你怎么穿戴那么整齐 |
[02:39] | I have an interview. | 我有个面试 |
[02:41] | For a nursery school. | 去面试幼儿园 |
[02:43] | What’s he talking about? | 他在说什么 |
[02:45] | Well, I have to get my little one | 我得让我的小宝宝 |
[02:46] | into the Buchman Academy. | 进巴克曼幼儿园 |
[02:48] | It is the top pre-pre-pre-pre-college in L.A. | 这是洛杉矶最顶尖的大学预预预预科学校 |
[02:52] | Now, Stacy, the big question — | 史黛西 我的疑问是 |
[02:55] | Who’s your baby daddy? | 孩子他爸是谁 |
[02:56] | Well, Elaine, it is no secret, but it is O– | 伊莱恩 这不是秘密 爸爸是欧… |
[02:59] | Nonymous. | 匿名的 |
[03:01] | Uh, s-she doesn’t know her sperm donor. | 她不知道捐精者是谁 |
[03:03] | Wait. I-I thought it was Owen. | 等等 我以为是欧文 |
[03:06] | Janie! | 简宝 |
[03:07] | Stacy is your best friend. | 史黛西是你的闺蜜 |
[03:09] | Owen is your boss and your ex-fiance | 欧文是你的老板兼前任未婚夫 |
[03:12] | Greek tragedies were less incestuous. | 希腊悲剧都没这么乱搞的 |
[03:14] | Listen, you should be resting, | 听着 你该好好歇着 |
[03:16] | you know, not interfering. | 而不是多管闲事 |
[03:18] | So now I’m interfering? | 我这就成了多管闲事 |
[03:20] | Well maybe I’d rest better if perhaps you were capable | 你要是能处理好自己的私生活 |
[03:24] | of handling your personal life. | 我大概能休息得更好 |
[03:26] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:27] | Do me a favor and stay out of my personal life. | 帮个忙 别管我的私生活 |
[03:30] | Stacy, good luck today. | 史黛西 祝你今天好运 |
[03:33] | So, Elaine, what’s for lunch? | 伊莱恩 午餐吃什么呢 |
[03:36] | Hey, Teri, I’m gonna be a few minutes late. | 泰丽 我要迟到几分钟 |
[03:39] | Stopped to get a latte. | 顺道买杯拿铁 |
[03:40] | Yeah, all right. I’ll get you one, too. | 好吧 我也给你带一杯 |
[03:42] | And a muffin. | 再带个松饼 |
[03:44] | Extra gluten? | 加麸质的 |
[03:45] | A-all right. All right. Fine. Fine. | 好吧 好吧 行行 |
[03:47] | Wait. Blueberry or bran? | 等等 蓝莓还是麸 |
[03:51] | Hey, you! You stole my horse! | 你等等 你偷了我的马 |
[03:53] | – I got to go. – I-I-I didn’t steal your horse. | -我得挂了 -我没偷你的马 |
[03:55] | I just brought her inside ’cause she’s overheated. | 我只是把她牵进来 因为它太热了 |
[03:57] | Let’s see some I.D. Now. | 给我看你的身份证 |
[03:59] | Uh, excuse me. Hi. I’m an attorney. | 打断一下 我是个律师 |
[04:01] | Before this escalates, | 在事态升级前 |
[04:03] | why don’t we just see if the horse is in danger? | 何不先看看马是否有危险呢 |
[04:05] | Check her gums. You’ll see she needs water. | 看它的牙龈 你会发现它需要喝水 |
[04:11] | Well, okay. I admit, Sally is a bit dehydrated. | 好吧 我承认 莎莉是有点缺水 |
[04:14] | So it looks like this gentleman saved you | 那么看来多亏了这位先生 |
[04:15] | from violating CPL Section 597B — | 你才没有违反《民事诉讼法》第597B条 |
[04:19] | animal cruelty. | 虐畜罪 |
[04:20] | There’s a hose right outside. | 门口就有根软管 |
[04:27] | I’m Jakob Yordy. | 我是雅各布·约迪 |
[04:29] | Thank you for your assistance, ma’am. | 谢谢你的帮助 女士 |
[04:30] | Jane Bingum. | 我是简·宾格温 |
[04:32] | You don’t look like you’re from around here. | 你看起来不像住这附近 |
[04:34] | Unless you’re in one of those hipster bands | 除非你时尚界人士 |
[04:36] | or that’s Gaultier. | 这么这就是高缇耶定制款 |
[04:38] | 阿米什人是美国和加拿大安大略省的一群基督新教再洗礼派门诺会信徒 以拒绝汽车及电力等现代设施 过着简朴的生活而闻名 | |
[04:38] | I’m visiting from Colorado Amish country. | 我来自科罗拉多州的阿米什乡村 |
[04:40] | I’m here to see the president of Ivar Oil. | 我是来见伊瓦尔石油公司的总裁 |
[04:43] | For the past three days, | 这三天里 |
[04:44] | I’ve waited in the lobby of his office building, | 我一直在他的办公楼大厅里等着 |
[04:47] | but he refuses to see me. | 可他不肯见我 |
[04:49] | What’s the problem? If I may ask. | 有什么问题呢 我可以问吗 |
[04:52] | Well, about six months ago, | 大约六个月前 |
[04:54] | we granted the oil company permission to drill on our farm. | 我们授予石油公司许可在我们的农场钻井 |
[04:57] | Now our groundwater’s contaminated | 现在我们的地下水受到了污染 |
[04:59] | and my youngest daughter, Rebecca, took ill. | 我的小女儿瑞贝卡患病了 |
[05:01] | I’m so sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[05:02] | Doctor says it’s benzene poisoning | 医生说是苯中毒 |
[05:05] | from contaminated well water. | 因为井水受了污染 |
[05:08] | And the only treatment is | 唯一的治疗方法 |
[05:10] | an expensive bonemarrow transplant. | 是价格昂贵的骨髓移植 |
[05:12] | I came to ask the president to stop the drilling | 我来请总裁停止钻井 |
[05:16] | and to pay for my daughter’s treatment. | 并支付我女儿的医疗费 |
[05:19] | You know, Mr. Yordy… | 约迪先生 |
[05:22] | I’ve dealt with Ivar Oil before. | 我和伊瓦尔石油打过交道 |
[05:24] | I’m going to arrange a meeting for you today. | 我今天会为你安排见面 |
[05:27] | This is my burden, ma’am. | 这是我的责任 女士 |
[05:30] | But since the lord has put you in my path… | 可既然上帝派你出现在我面前 |
[05:34] | …I’d appreciate your help. | 我只好感谢你的帮助了 |
[05:42] | Grayson, your 10:00 a.m. flogging is here. | 格雷森 你上午十点的鞭策来了 |
[05:48] | You must be Robin Nelson. | 你想必就是罗宾·纳尔逊了 |
[05:51] | When I’m dressed for work, I prefer Lady Robin. | 我穿工作服的时候 更喜欢别人叫我罗宾小姐 |
[05:53] | – I see. – Normally I’d change, | -我懂了 -通常我会换装 |
[05:55] | but I’ve only got half an hour before I need to get back to my dungeon. | 可我在回地牢前只有半小时了 |
[05:59] | Your dungeon. | 地牢 |
[06:00] | – Uh, you must be a — – Dominatrix. | -你一定是个… -施虐者 |
[06:03] | – Right. – Now, sit. | -这样啊 -给我坐下 |
[06:06] | You, leave and close the door behind you. | 你出去之后把门带上 |
[06:08] | Should I walk or crawl? | 我该用走的还是用爬的 |
[06:09] | Leave. | 离开 |
[06:11] | Yes, Lady Robin. | 遵命 罗宾小姐 |
[06:14] | Teri never obeys like that. | 泰丽从不会像这样顺从 |
[06:16] | Well, when a woman dresses like a man, | 当一个女人穿得像个男人 |
[06:19] | she usually needs a strong woman to tell her what to do. | 她通常需要个强悍的女人给她指示 |
[06:24] | Now, about my case. | 来谈谈我的案子吧 |
[06:26] | One of my clients, an executive at a Fortune 500 company, | 我有位客人 一家财富五百强公司的高管 |
[06:29] | is refusing to pay a $14,000 invoice. | 拒绝支付我一万四的发票 |
[06:32] | I need your help to collect. | 我要你帮忙收款 |
[06:33] | Why would a rich guy fight you over a bill? | 一个土豪为什么要跟你计较一张账单呢 |
[06:35] | Well, a few weeks ago, he showed up without an appointment, | 几周前 他在没有预约的情况下出现 |
[06:37] | and I was booked. | 我当时被预定了 |
[06:38] | He offered me 10 times my normal rate. | 他开了相当于平时十倍的价格 |
[06:41] | I said no, and he got angry. | 我拒绝了 他就大发雷霆 |
[06:44] | I’ll schedule a meeting with his lawyer. | 我会和他的律师约见 |
[06:45] | – We’ll get it worked out. – No, you won’t. | -我们会解决这件事的 -没门 |
[06:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:50] | I mean, we’re due in court later today. | 今天晚些时候就得出庭了 |
[06:52] | One of my other clients, a lawyer, | 我的另一位客人 一名律师 |
[06:54] | had agreed to represent me, | 之前答应做我的代理律师 |
[06:55] | but, well, let’s just say he got tied up. | 可是 只好说他”脱不开身”吧 |
[07:01] | If we’re going to court, | 如果我们要上庭 |
[07:02] | you need to change into something more… | 你得换身更… |
[07:05] | Conservative. | 保守的衣服 |
[07:07] | Agreed. | 我同意 |
[07:08] | Most judges don’t tend to go for leather. | 大多数法官都不太喜欢皮革 |
[07:11] | At least not in public anyway. | 至少是在公开场合 |
[07:14] | I’ll see you at 3:00. | 下午三点见 |
[07:24] | I am very sorry about your daughter’s illness. | 我对你女儿的病深表同情 |
[07:28] | But it’s not our fault. | 可这不是我们的错 |
[07:29] | The land’s been in my family for generations. | 这块土地属于我家已经好几代了 |
[07:33] | The groundwater’s never been a problem until the drilling. | 钻井前 地下水从来没出过问题 |
[07:35] | In fact, the family can no longer use their wells. | 事实上 这家人再也不能使用他们的水井了 |
[07:42] | We demand Ivar stop drilling | 我们要求伊瓦尔石油停止钻井 |
[07:44] | and immediately purify the water table. | 并立即净化地下水面 |
[07:46] | We drill thousands of feet below the underground aquifer. | 我们钻的是地下含水层几千米以下的位置 |
[07:50] | Actually you drill through the aquifer. | 实际上你们是钻透了含水层 |
[07:54] | You promised to install concrete barriers. | 你们承诺安装混凝土屏障 |
[07:57] | There’s no written commitment to provide such a barrier. | 没有书面承诺说我们要提供这种屏障 |
[08:00] | An honest Amish man | 一位老实的阿米什人 |
[08:02] | versus a big, bad oil company. | 对一家恶贯满盈的大牌石油公司 |
[08:04] | Well, we’ll see what the jury has to say about this one. | 我们看看法官怎么定夺 |
[08:07] | Actually, Miss Bingum… | 事实上 宾格温小姐 |
[08:09] | …I’m not going to sue. | 我不准备上诉 |
[08:12] | I came here to ask the oil company | 我来这里是请这家石油公司 |
[08:13] | to do the right thing and nothing more. | 改正他们的行为 没有其他要求 |
[08:16] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[08:17] | Mr. Yordy, you can’t expect them to clean up their mess | 约迪先生 你不能指望他们因为你的友好要求 |
[08:21] | because you ask nicely. | 就清理他们的烂摊子 |
[08:23] | Sermon on the Mount. | 登山宝训中说 |
[08:24] | “If anyone tries to sue you for your shirt, | “有人想要告你 要拿你的里衣 |
[08:27] | give him your cloak, as well.” | 连外衣也由他拿去” |
[08:30] | The Amish don’t believe in lawsuits. | 阿米什人不相信诉讼 |
[08:35] | We’re done here. | 我们谈完了 |
[08:38] | You knew he wouldn’t sue, didn’t you? | 你早知道他不会起诉 对吗 |
[08:40] | Well, I had a feeling. | 我有这种感觉 |
[08:42] | You’re disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[08:44] | And you are out of moves. | 你使不出招了 |
[08:46] | No, no, no. Actually, that’s where you’re wrong. | 不 你这么想就错了 |
[08:48] | I’ve got so many moves, I’m like a legal ninja. | 招数我有的是 我就像个律师忍者 |
[08:51] | Miss Bingum, your client doesn’t want to fight. | 宾格温小姐 你的委托人不准备打官司 |
[08:53] | Yeah, maybe so. | 嗯 或许吧 |
[08:55] | But I do. And I tend to win. | 可我想打官司 而且我往往会赢 |
[09:07] | Hi, I’m Nancy Grace. | 大家好 我是南茜·格雷斯 |
[09:08] | For those of you just joining us, | 刚转台过来的各位 |
[09:10] | we are talking to a lawyer, Jane Bingum, | 我们刚才在跟律师简·宾格温连线 |
[09:13] | an attorney with a bone to pick with Ivar Oil. | 她要与伊瓦尔石油公司理论 |
[09:16] | Jane Bingum, | 简·宾格温 |
[09:18] | what do you know about 8-year-old Rebecca Yordy? | 关于八岁的瑞贝卡·约迪你知道些什么 |
[09:21] | Thank you, Nancy. | 谢谢 南茜 |
[09:22] | The oil company’s broken promises | 由于石油公司违背承诺 |
[09:25] | now threaten the life of this little Amish girl. | 现威胁到了这个阿米什小姑娘的生命 |
[09:28] | How so? | 怎么会这样 |
[09:29] | She’s been drinking the tainted water, | 她一直在饮用被污染的水 |
[09:31] | and now her doctors say she needs a lifesaving surgery. | 她的医生说她需要接受一次救命的手术 |
[09:34] | And let me guess. Ivar Oil won’t pay for that? | 我猜 伊瓦尔石油不愿意付钱是吗 |
[09:37] | You got it. | 没错 |
[09:39] | Shame on you, Ivar Oil! | 真可耻 伊瓦尔石油 |
[09:41] | Shame on you! | 太可耻了 |
[09:43] | Jane, may I speak with Mr. Yordy? | 简 我能跟约迪先生说句话吗 |
[09:45] | Actually, Nancy, the Amish believe | 其实 南茜 阿米什人认为 |
[09:47] | that broadcasting their image demonstrates a lack of humility. | 在电视上播出他们的形象代表不够谦虚 |
[09:50] | That’s why there’s no Amish celebrities. | 所以阿米什从未出过名人 |
[09:52] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[09:53] | But your viewers can help Mr. Yordy | 但是你的观众能帮助约迪先生 |
[09:56] | by pressuring the oil company into doing the right thing. | 向石油公司施压 直至他们改正其行为 |
[10:00] | We are calling for a national boycott of Ivar Oil | 我们在此号召全国共同抵制伊瓦尔石油 |
[10:03] | until they take responsibility for their actions, | 直至他们对自己的行为负责 |
[10:05] | clean up the water, | 清洁水源 |
[10:06] | and pay for little Rebecca’s medical bills. | 并支付小瑞贝卡的医疗费用 |
[10:09] | You heard her, everybody. | 大家听到她的话了吗 |
[10:11] | We are taking those Ivar Oil S.O.B.s down! | 我们要把伊瓦尔石油那群混蛋打垮 |
[10:21] | Miss Nelson, tell us about your client’s unpaid invoice. | 纳尔逊小姐 请说明你方委托人未支付的费用 |
[10:24] | On August 9th, I ordered Mr. Osgood | 八月九日 我命令奥斯古德先生 |
[10:26] | to sit naked on a block of ice | 裸体坐在一块冰上 |
[10:28] | while I read positive reviews of his competitor’s products. | 而我念一些关于他们竞争产品的积极评价 |
[10:31] | How much for that session? | 那需要多少钱 |
[10:33] | $500. | 500美元 |
[10:34] | How about September 3rd? | 九月三日呢 |
[10:37] | I had him crawl to his Mercedes on all fours wearing a leash, | 我让他戴上狗链 手脚并用爬上他的奔驰车 |
[10:41] | and then we went for a drive, and he barked at passing cars. | 之后我们去兜风 他朝路过的车狗吠 |
[10:44] | How much did you bill for that? | 这项收多少钱 |
[10:47] | $775 plus gas. | 775美元加上汽油钱 |
[10:49] | One question. | 我有个问题 |
[10:50] | Did my client ever tell you he was dissatisfied? | 我方委托人是否告诉过你他不满意呢 |
[10:53] | All the time. | 一直都在说 |
[10:56] | What did you do after Mr. Osgood complained? | 奥斯古德先生抱怨过后你做了什么呢 |
[10:58] | I told him to shut his filthy mouth | 我让他把他的臭嘴闭上 |
[11:00] | and ordered him to lick my boots. | 并命令他舔我的靴子 |
[11:04] | He gladly complied. | 他很高兴地顺从了 |
[11:07] | Your honor, we’ve made our case, | 法官大人 我们已经说明了案情 |
[11:09] | and the defendant has offered no defense. | 而且被告并未提供辩护 |
[11:12] | Agreed. Judgment is entered in favor of Miss Nelson. | 同意 我判纳尔逊小姐胜诉 |
[11:19] | Great job on “Nancy Grace,” boss. | 刚才在南茜·格雷斯的节目上表现太棒了 |
[11:22] | Your cleavage looks amazing in HD. | 你的乳沟在高清画质下看起来超美 |
[11:24] | Teri! | 泰丽 |
[11:25] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:26] | It’s not a sin if it’s true, right? | 只要说实话就不算罪过 对吧 |
[11:28] | You have a good spirit, Miss Lee. | 你精神头不错 李小姐 |
[11:30] | Thank you. And you have a very hot visitor in Jane’s office. | 谢谢 简的办公室来了位大帅哥找你 |
[11:33] | Uh, Zack Trent. He saw you on TV. | 扎克·特伦特 他在电视上见过你 |
[11:38] | I saw your story on the news and came right over. | 我在新闻里看到你的事情就马上过来了 |
[11:40] | And what are the “Clean Water Defenders”? | 什么是”净水卫士” |
[11:42] | A nonprofit environmental group | 一个非营利性的环保组织 |
[11:44] | dedicated to protecting our nation’s water reserves. | 致力于保护我们国家的水资源 |
[11:47] | Mr. Yordy, I understand why you can’t file a lawsuit, but — | 约迪先生 我理解您不起诉的原因 但是 |
[11:50] | But the supreme court in Lujan v. Defenders of Wildlife | 但在卢汉与野生动物保护者一案中 |
[11:52] | gives nonprofits subject-matter jurisdiction. | 最高法院给了非盈利组织对事管辖权 |
[11:55] | Exactly right. | 完全正确 |
[11:56] | I’ve already sent a team to take water samples from your wells, | 我已经派了一支队伍去你们的水井中取样 |
[12:00] | assuming that’s okay with you. | 前提是你没有异议 |
[12:04] | I grew up on a family farm. | 我在家庭农场长大 |
[12:06] | I understand what this land means to you and your community. | 能理解这片土地对你和你们社区意味着什么 |
[12:10] | Please… | 拜托 |
[12:11] | Let me help. | 让我来帮助你 |
[12:16] | Few burdens are heavy if everyone lifts. | 众人拾柴火焰高 |
[12:29] | Am I interrupting? | 我有打扰到你吗 |
[12:30] | Not at all. Everything okay? | 没有 一切还好吗 |
[12:32] | Since our victory in court, I’ve gotten four cancellations, | 自从在法庭上赢了官司 我有四个预约取消了 |
[12:36] | all from men Tripp Osgood initially referred to me. | 都是之前特里普·奥斯古德介绍给我的客人 |
[12:39] | Well, friends can be loyal. | 有的朋友很忠诚 |
[12:43] | This isn’t about loyalty. | 这跟忠诚无关 |
[12:45] | Tripp’s telling my clients | 特里普跟我的客人说 |
[12:46] | I can’t be trusted with their secrets. | 我无法保守他们的秘密 |
[12:48] | And in your line of work, discretion is everything. | 在你的工作领域 谨慎就是一切 |
[12:50] | Trust is everything. | 信任才是一切 |
[12:53] | I mean, if they don’t trust me, I’m out of business. | 如果他们不相信我 我就没生意可做了 |
[12:55] | Well, the truth is on your side. | 正义是站在你这边的 |
[12:57] | We can sue for defamation. | 我们可以告他诽谤 |
[12:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:05] | You’ve got feelings for her. | 你对她有感觉 |
[13:07] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[13:08] | You’re a type”A” lawyer, | 你是个顶尖律师 |
[13:09] | fully focused on the task at hand, which is me, | 总能把注意力专注在案子上 也就是我这里 |
[13:12] | but she drew your attention twice. | 但她两次吸引了你的注意力 |
[13:15] | And look at your feet. | 看看你的脚 |
[13:18] | What about my feet? | 我的脚怎么了 |
[13:19] | Your body is facing towards the door, | 你的身体对着门 |
[13:21] | but your feet changed direction when she went into her office. | 但是她进办公室的时候 你的脚改变了方向 |
[13:24] | And that means something? | 这意味着什么吗 |
[13:26] | Men tend to point their feet in the direction they want to go. | 男人会把自己的脚指向他想要去的地方 |
[13:30] | And you want to go towards her. | 而你想到她的身边 |
[13:33] | Anyway, thanks for your help. | 总之 谢谢你的帮助 |
[13:43] | Sorry. I’m just a little frazzled. | 不好意思 我只是有点疲惫 |
[13:45] | Stacy, what’s wrong? | 史黛西 出了什么事 |
[13:46] | I am a terrible mother. | 我是个糟糕的妈妈 |
[13:47] | I told you — it’s okay to watch “R”-rated movies | 我跟你说过 怀孕的时候看限制级电影 |
[13:49] | – when you’re pregnant. – Not that. | -没有问题 -不是这件事 |
[13:51] | I just had an interview with the Buchman Preschool Academy, | 我刚刚去面试了巴克曼幼儿园 |
[13:53] | and it did not go well. | 情况很不理想 |
[13:54] | Stacy, your baby’s not even born yet. | 史黛西 孩子还没有出生呢 |
[13:56] | I met with the assistant head of admissions, | 我见了招生办副主任 |
[13:59] | and according to LAMommyMistakes.com, | 根据LAMommyMistakes.com网站所说 |
[14:02] | if you don’t meet with the head of admissions, | 如果你没见到招生办主任 |
[14:03] | you might as well just shop around for second-tier preschools. | 你倒不如去找家二流幼儿园让孩子上了 |
[14:06] | You know I play racquetball with Eddie Buchman, | 我跟艾迪·巴克曼一起打壁球 |
[14:07] | the school’s founder? | 也就是幼儿园创办人 |
[14:09] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[14:10] | Yes way. | 是真的 |
[14:12] | Look, I think it’s crazy that you’re shopping | 我觉得现在就开始打探幼儿园 |
[14:14] | for preschools at this point in time, | 有点太心急了吧 |
[14:15] | but if it’s important to you, | 但如果这对你来说很重要 |
[14:18] | I’m sure I can get us an interview with the head of admissions. | 我肯定能争取到与招生办主任见面的机会 |
[14:20] | And I know we’re not a couple, | 我知道我们不是一对 |
[14:21] | but if I’m gonna call in this favor, | 但如果我要找他帮忙 |
[14:23] | I got to tell him that it’s my kid, too. | 我就得告诉他这也是我的孩子 |
[14:25] | Are you cool with that? | 你没问题吗 |
[14:26] | Absolutely. | 完全没问题 |
[14:28] | Whatever we have to do. | 无论我们需要做什么都可以 |
[14:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:36] | Jane. Jane. Jane! | 简 简 简 |
[14:39] | Your mom was coming to see you. She passed out by the elevator. | 你妈刚才来看你 晕倒在电梯边了 |
[14:41] | – Oh, god. – Paramedics are on the way. | -天呐 -急救人员马上就到 |
[14:59] | How is she? | 她怎么样 |
[15:01] | Well, she slept through the night. | 整晚都在睡觉 |
[15:05] | Guess it was just a dizzy spell. | 可能只是头晕 |
[15:08] | But the doctors say she needs rest | 但医生说她需要休息 |
[15:10] | and they want to hold her for observation. | 想让她留院观察 |
[15:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:14] | Um, listen, I got to get to the office, | 我得去律所 |
[15:17] | but if she needs anything, call me. | 如果她有什么需要 就给我打电话 |
[15:19] | You got it. I’ll be with her all day. | 没问题 我会一直在这儿陪她 |
[15:21] | Won’t let her out of my sight. | 寸步不离 |
[15:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:26] | These tests confirm that the groundwater | 这些检测证实地下水 |
[15:28] | is contaminated with benzene, xylene, and toluene. | 受到了苯 二甲苯和甲苯的污染 |
[15:32] | Contaminants regularly found at drilling sites. | 都是钻井工地常见的污染物 |
[15:35] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[15:36] | Proof that Rebecca’s illness was caused by the drilling. | 证实了瑞贝卡的病是由钻井引起的 |
[15:39] | We are each our own devil and make this world our hell. | 我们内心的魔鬼将这个世界变成了地狱 |
[15:43] | Jakob, once the judge sees these test results, | 雅各布 法官看过这些检测结果后 |
[15:46] | I’m sure he’ll rule in our favor. | 一定会判我们胜诉的 |
[15:50] | Excuse me. There’s someone here to see Jakob. | 打扰一下 有人来找雅各布 |
[15:53] | – Isaac, this is Jane Bingum. – Hello. | -艾萨克 这是简·宾格温 -你好 |
[15:55] | And I believe you know that man. | 你肯定认识那个人 |
[15:59] | Papa… | 爸爸 |
[16:02] | I heard Rebecca’s sick. | 我听说瑞贝卡病了 |
[16:03] | I saw the story on TV. I — | 我在电视上看到了 我 |
[16:13] | What just happened? | 这是怎么回事 |
[16:16] | Miss Bingum, I’ve been shunned. | 宾格温小姐 我被闪避了 |
[16:20] | In the Amish tradition, we are baptized as adults. | 在阿米什传统里 我们成年后接受洗礼 |
[16:23] | At that point, we become full members of the church | 到那时才能成为教会的正式成员 |
[16:25] | and we cannot leave. | 并且不能离开 |
[16:27] | But you did? | 但是你离开了 |
[16:32] | While I was on rumspringa, I fell in love. | 我在游历期间 陷入了爱河 |
[16:36] | When I returned home, she was all I could think about. | 回到家以后 满脑子想的都是那个姑娘 |
[16:39] | A year ago, I left my family to be with her, | 一年之后 我离开家 跟她在一起了 |
[16:42] | And now — now my father will have nothing to do with me. | 现在 我的父亲不想跟我有任何关系 |
[16:51] | Yes, I’ll admit it. | 是 我承认 |
[16:53] | I was very upset that Lady Robin took me to court | 罗宾小姐仅因为费用分歧将我告上法庭 |
[16:55] | over a billing disagreement. | 我很生气 |
[16:57] | And you told other clients you were upset. | 你还告诉其它客人你很生气 |
[16:59] | She aired my personal business in a public forum. | 她将我的私事在公开场合宣扬 |
[17:02] | I felt a duty to tell my friends, | 我觉得有责任告诉我的朋友 |
[17:04] | especially those whom I referred to her. | 特别是那些我介绍给她的客人 |
[17:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:07] | Mr. Kent? | 肯特先生 |
[17:09] | You couldn’t stand the fact | 你不能忍受罗宾 |
[17:10] | that Robin embarrassed you in court? | 在法庭上让你难堪的事实吗 |
[17:12] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[17:13] | So you decided to get even by destroying her reputation? | 所以你决定毁掉她的名声来打击报复吗 |
[17:16] | Truth is a defense to defamation. | 真相是对诽谤所做的防御 |
[17:18] | I just told the truth. | 我只是说了实话而已 |
[17:19] | What happens in Lady Robin’s dungeon | 在罗宾小姐地牢中发生的事 |
[17:21] | doesn’t stay in Lady Robin’s dungeon. | 被她捅了出去 |
[17:29] | Deep drilling can contaminate water | 如果钻井过程中使用的化学物质 |
[17:31] | if the chemicals used in the drilling process | 渗透了地下蓄水层 |
[17:33] | penetrate the aquifers. | 深度钻井会污染水源 |
[17:34] | And this analysis proves | 这项分析证明 |
[17:36] | that the water table has been compromised? | 地下水面受到了影响吗 |
[17:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:39] | Your lab analysis found benzene levels | 你的实验室报告中的苯含量是 |
[17:42] | at 767 parts per million, correct? | 百万分之767 对吗 |
[17:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:46] | The report also found levels of xylene | 报告也显示二甲苯的含量是 |
[17:49] | at 893 parts per million? | 百万分之893 对吗 |
[17:52] | Correct. | 是的 |
[17:52] | And it found toluene at 347 parts per million? | 甲苯的含量是百万分之347 对吗 |
[17:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:57] | Your honor, I’d like to introduce into evidence | 法官大人 我要提交一份2009年 |
[17:59] | a 2009 E.P.A. water-quality report | 环境保护局的水质报告作为证据 |
[18:03] | taken from a contaminated well in west Virginia. | 样本水质源自西弗吉尼亚州一处被污染水井 |
[18:06] | Objection. How can a west Virginia water-quality report | 反对 一份西弗吉尼亚州的水质报告 |
[18:09] | be relevant to this case in Colorado? | 跟科罗拉多州的这个案子有什么关系 |
[18:11] | Oh, I’m about to make it very relevant. | 我正要说它们之间的联系 |
[18:13] | Let’s hear it. | 我们来听听 |
[18:17] | Mr. Trent, would you please tell us | 特伦特先生 你能告诉我们 |
[18:20] | the levels of contaminants found in the west Virginia well? | 西弗吉尼亚水井的污染物水平吗 |
[18:29] | 767 ppm of benzene. | 苯 百万分之767 |
[18:33] | 893 ppm of xylene. | 二甲苯 百万分之893 |
[18:37] | 349 ppm, toluene. | 甲苯 百万分之349 |
[18:41] | Identical parts per million, | 完全相同的含量 |
[18:42] | yet these sites are thousands of miles apart. | 但这两处工地却相距几千英里 |
[18:45] | I would find that impossible. | 我认为这不可能 |
[18:47] | – Wouldn’t you? – I’m not sure. | -你认为呢 -我不确定 |
[18:48] | Mr. Trent, isn’t it true that you never conducted | 特伦特先生 你从未对科罗拉多的工地 |
[18:50] | any tests at the Colorado site, | 实施过任何检测 |
[18:52] | but instead tried to pass off an old West Virginia report | 但却试图拿一份西弗吉尼亚州的旧报告 |
[18:56] | as pertaining to the Amish site in Colorado? | 冒充科罗拉多州阿米什工地的报告 |
[18:59] | I might have mixed up the reports. | 我可能把报告给弄混了 |
[19:01] | Your honor, we move to strike all of Mr. Trent’s testimony, | 法官大人 我们动议删除特伦特先生所有的证词 |
[19:04] | as well as the lab report. | 以及实验室报告 |
[19:06] | Motion granted. | 批准动议 |
[19:07] | We’re adjourned for the day. | 休庭 |
[19:16] | I am so, so sorry. | 实在抱歉 |
[19:18] | We could do another test. | 我们可以再做一次检测 |
[19:20] | You know that won’t matter. | 你知道这无济于事 |
[19:21] | That jury’s not gonna believe another word I say. | 那个陪审团不会再相信我说的话了 |
[19:24] | You’ve destroyed our credibility. | 你已经毁了我们的信誉 |
[19:26] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[19:29] | Miss Bingum. | 宾格温小姐 |
[19:31] | I only wanted to help. | 我只是想帮忙而已 |
[19:50] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[19:52] | Hey, Paul. | 保罗 |
[19:55] | We need to talk. | 我有事跟你说 |
[20:03] | What on earth is wrong with you? | 你到底出什么问题了 |
[20:04] | I don’t know how to answer that. | 我不知道该怎么回答这个问题 |
[20:05] | The doctors said Elaine needed to rest, | 医生说伊莱恩需要休息 |
[20:07] | and you threw her a party? | 你却给她办了个派对 |
[20:09] | Jane, it’s not what it looks like. | 简 事情不是你看到的那样 |
[20:10] | Oh, okay, so there’s not a mariachi band in her hospital room? | 这么说病房里没有墨西哥街头乐队 |
[20:13] | – Yes, but — – Now I have to go in there | -有 但是 -我现在要进去 |
[20:15] | and kick everybody out. Thanks a lot. | 把所有人都赶出来 谢谢 |
[20:17] | Jane. | 简 |
[20:19] | What? | 干什么 |
[20:22] | She’s dying. | 她快不行了 |
[20:24] | What? | 什么 |
[20:25] | She wouldn’t let the doctors tell you this, but, um… | 她不让医生告诉你 但是 |
[20:29] | They found a tumor on her brain stem. | 他们在她脑干上发现了肿瘤 |
[20:31] | It’s why she was in L.A. in the first place. | 她当初就是为了治病才来了洛杉矶 |
[20:35] | N-no. She was seeing a musical. | 不 她是来看音乐剧的 |
[20:38] | She was seeing a specialist. | 她是来看专科医生 |
[20:41] | Um, but there’s not anything they can do for her | 但医生们也没有办法 |
[20:43] | and they don’t give her a lot of time. | 而且说她时间不多了 |
[20:46] | She only told me so that I would help her with the party. | 她告诉我是为了让我给她办派对 |
[20:50] | I-I have to talk to her. | 我要找她谈谈 |
[20:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[20:54] | Um, when you go back in there, you need to respect her wishes. | 你跟她谈的时候 要尊重她的意愿 |
[20:58] | So what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[21:01] | Just act like everything’s fine and normal? | 就装作一切都很正常吗 |
[21:04] | You don’t like it when she tells you how to live your life, right? | 你不喜欢别人对你的生活指手画脚对吧 |
[21:06] | Paul, this is completely different. | 保罗 这完全是另一回事 |
[21:08] | Jane, it’s what she wants. Give her that. | 简 她不想让你知道 满足她这个心愿吧 |
[21:50] | Have you been out all night? | 你一晚上都没回家吗 |
[21:51] | I was at the hospital again. Can I have some of that coffee? | 我刚才又去医院了 我能喝点咖啡吗 |
[21:54] | – Of course. – Thanks. | -当然可以 -谢谢 |
[21:56] | Um, Stace… | 史黛西 |
[21:59] | Elaine is dying. | 伊莱恩快不行了 |
[22:02] | What? | 什么 |
[22:03] | She’s got a brain tumor. | 她长了脑瘤 |
[22:06] | She doesn’t know that I know. | 她不知道我已经知道了 |
[22:08] | She doesn’t want you to worry. | 她不想让你担心 |
[22:13] | I-I realize she’s not really my mom, you know? | 我知道她不是我的亲妈 |
[22:17] | But… | 但是 |
[22:20] | Right now that just doesn’t matter. | 现在这已经不重要了 |
[22:25] | I think that she loves you so much | 我觉得她很爱你 |
[22:28] | and she doesn’t want you to hurt | 不想让你伤心 |
[22:30] | because when you hurt, she hurts. | 因为你伤心的时候 她也跟着伤心 |
[22:34] | I yelled at her for interfering in my life. | 我还因为她多管闲事冲她大喊 |
[22:37] | What’s wrong with me? | 我有病吧 |
[22:38] | What daughter doesn’t yell at her mother for that? | 哪个女儿不会因为这种事冲她妈大喊呢 |
[22:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:44] | Yeah, I guess you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[22:49] | Tripp did well on the stand, | 特里普在证人席上表现不错 |
[22:51] | but I’m sure the jury will see him as an entitled bully. | 但陪审团肯定觉得他是个名副其实的恶霸 |
[22:54] | What really gets to me is that he’s having fun at my expense. | 真正让我生气的是他拿我取笑 |
[22:56] | There’s no doubt in my mind that he enjoys taking the stand. | 我敢肯定他很享受作证的感觉 |
[23:01] | Robin… | 罗宾 |
[23:03] | Is it possible he was… turned on? | 有没有可能他来了兴致 |
[23:06] | What do you mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[23:07] | I mean, he clearly likes to be humiliated. | 我是说他显然喜欢受到羞辱 |
[23:10] | Maybe he’s not a vindictive jerk, but more of a… | 他可能并不是怀恨在心的混蛋 而是… |
[23:13] | Masochist. | 受虐狂 |
[23:16] | I should have seen it. | 我早就该发现的 |
[23:18] | I mean, that’s why he didn’t pay his bill | 所以他才没付账单 |
[23:19] | and that’s why he called my other clients. | 所以他才打电话给我的其他客人 |
[23:21] | He wanted me to sue him. | 他想让我告他 |
[23:23] | I need to rethink our strategy. | 我要重新考虑我们的战略了 |
[23:28] | Yesterday was a setback, but I am not giving up. | 昨天遇到了挫折 但我不会放弃 |
[23:31] | I appreciate everything you’ve done. | 我感谢你所做的一切 |
[23:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:34] | But the courts won’t find justice where the lord cannot. | 但对于上帝都没法寻求的正义 法庭也做不到 |
[23:37] | Maybe so, but if Zack hadn’t messed up, | 可能是这样 但如果扎克没搞砸的话 |
[23:40] | we would be sitting pretty. | 我们就会处于有利位置 |
[23:42] | I never trusted Zack. | 我从没相信过扎克 |
[23:44] | When we shook hands, I sensed falseness. | 在我们握手的时候 我感受到了虚伪 |
[23:46] | Really? | 是吗 |
[23:48] | Look at my hands. | 看我的手 |
[23:50] | – They’re rough. – Yeah. | -很粗糙 -对 |
[23:52] | – Calloused. – You know what? | -长了茧子 -对了 |
[23:53] | I can recommend an excellent, all-natural moisturizer. | 我可以推荐一款好用的纯天然护手霜给你 |
[23:57] | You’re missing my point. | 你找错重点了 |
[24:01] | Zack claimed to have grown up on a farm. | 扎克声称是在农场上长大的 |
[24:04] | But his hands were soft. | 但他的手很嫩 |
[24:08] | He lied to us. | 他骗了我们 |
[24:12] | Thank you so much for meeting with us, Miss Ortiz. | 谢谢你抽时间见我们 奥尔蒂斯小姐 |
[24:15] | Of course, but I want to make it clear | 别客气 但我要事先声明 |
[24:17] | that we only accept the most qualified of children here at the academy. | 我们幼儿园只接收最优秀的孩子 |
[24:20] | Well, we are talking about 3-year-olds. | 他们只是三岁的小孩而已 |
[24:22] | They can’t even spell yet. | 还不会拼写呢 |
[24:24] | You’d be surprised. | 你想不到他们有多棒 |
[24:25] | So, our evaluation of the parents | 我们对于父母的评估 |
[24:28] | is central to our admissions decisions. | 是做出招生决定的首要依据 |
[24:30] | Oh, ask me anything you want, | 问我什么问题都行 |
[24:32] | but if you’re going to quiz me on state capitals, | 但如果你们要考我国家首都的话 |
[24:34] | then I need to reschedule in like a month. | 那得再给我一个月时间 |
[24:36] | Let me be honest. | 我实话实说吧 |
[24:37] | You seem like a lovely couple, | 你们看着是对不错的夫妇 |
[24:39] | but our preschool class already has a wait list. | 但我们的学前班已经有一份候补名单了 |
[24:42] | Let me suggest some very fine backup academies. | 我来给你推荐几家不错的备选幼儿园吧 |
[24:46] | I think we’ve heard enough. | 我们明白了 |
[24:47] | – Stacy, let’s go. – Hold on. | -史黛西 走吧 -等等 |
[24:48] | Don’t listen to him. He’s just the sperm donor. | 别听他的 他只是个捐精者 |
[24:51] | I am a single mother, | 我是位单身母亲 |
[24:52] | and I will not allow you to reject my child. | 我不允许你们拒绝我的孩子 |
[24:55] | – Did you say “sperm donor”? – Is that a problem? | -你刚才说他是”捐精者” -有问题吗 |
[24:57] | Because under the law, you cannot discriminate — | 依据法律 你不能歧视… |
[24:59] | Stop. | 请住嘴 |
[25:00] | Are you an unmarried, heterosexual, | 你们是未婚异性恋 |
[25:03] | artificially inseminated couple? | 人工授精情侣吗 |
[25:05] | Yes, we are a proud unmarried, heterosexual, | 对 我们是一对骄傲的未婚异性恋 |
[25:08] | artificially inseminated couple. | 人工授精情侣 |
[25:11] | We need our own flag or bracelets. | 我们需要自己的旗帜或手镯 |
[25:14] | Diversity is a priority here at Buchman. | 多元化是巴克曼幼儿园的重点 |
[25:16] | I might actually have a place for your child. | 我大概可以给你们的孩子一个名额 |
[25:19] | – Really? – I can’t guarantee it. | -真的吗 -我不敢保证 |
[25:21] | There are other factors to consider. | 还要考虑其他因素 |
[25:22] | What other factors? | 什么其他因素 |
[25:24] | Well, we’re currently running our summer campaign, | 我们最近在举办夏季宣传活动 |
[25:26] | raising money for an indoor pool. | 为室内游泳池募捐 |
[25:29] | No problem. How much? | 没问题 需要多少钱 |
[25:31] | Oh, I’d never be so crass as to suggest an amount. | 我可不会粗鲁到直接喊出价格 |
[25:34] | But? | 可是呢 |
[25:36] | We are currently about $25,000 short of our goal. | 我们离目标还差两万五千块 |
[25:40] | Can I pay in installments? | 我能分期付款吗 |
[25:41] | Okay. We’ve heard enough. Stacy, let’s go. | 好了 我们听够了 史黛西 走吧 |
[25:43] | Actually, I’d like to hear a little bit more. | 我还想再多听她说说 |
[25:44] | – Stacy. – I’m so sorry. | -史黛西 -实在抱歉 |
[25:46] | Will you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |
[25:47] | Owen. Owen! | 欧文 欧文 |
[25:49] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[25:50] | To get away from this academic shakedown. | 从这场幼儿园诈骗中脱身 |
[25:53] | If I were still a judge, | 如果我还是个法官 |
[25:53] | I’d throw that woman in jail for soliciting a bribe. | 我会以索取贿赂罪判那个女人入狱 |
[25:55] | But this is not a courtroom, and I am trying to get that woman | 但这里不是法庭 我在说服那个女人 |
[25:58] | to accept my child into the highest-rated school in the state. | 让我的孩子进入全国评价最高的幼儿园 |
[26:02] | There are plenty of great schools | 有许多好的幼儿园 |
[26:03] | that don’t require pandering. | 不需要迎合奉承 |
[26:05] | Whatever that means. I am not asking for your money. | 不管那个词是什么意思 我又没问你要钱 |
[26:08] | And personally, I can’t imagine a better way to spend my money | 就我个人而言 我觉得把钱花在孩子的教育上 |
[26:11] | than on my child’s education. | 是最有价值的 |
[26:14] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪一下 |
[26:15] | I have a big, fat check to write. | 我要去签一张大额支票 |
[26:22] | I’m sorry for the mixup. | 抱歉我搞混了报告 |
[26:23] | Miss Bingum asked me to apologize to your honor in person. | 宾格温小姐让我来向法官大人当面道歉 |
[26:26] | Well, actually, I asked you here, but not to apologize. | 其实我让你过来不是为了道歉 |
[26:28] | – Excuse me? – What’s going on? | -什么 -这是怎么回事 |
[26:30] | See, I’ve discovered something about Zack Trent. | 我发现了扎克·特伦特的某个问题 |
[26:33] | He has really soft hands. | 他的手很嫩 |
[26:36] | Soft hands? | 手嫩 |
[26:37] | Like a baby. | 就像婴儿一样 |
[26:39] | Obviously, he didn’t do a day’s work on that farm. | 显然他根本没在农场上干过活 |
[26:42] | So I went ahead and did a little digging, | 所以我就继续深挖 |
[26:44] | and it turns out that if you do a google search on Zack Trent, | 结果发现在谷歌输入扎克·特伦特 |
[26:48] | exactly six articles pop up about him and his environmental organization. | 能搜到六篇有关他和其环保组织的文章 |
[26:52] | And this is relevant because…? | 这与本案有何关联 |
[26:54] | Because, I mean, such a big organization like Clean Water Defenders — | 像净水卫士这么大的一个组织 |
[27:00] | I’d expect a little more press. | 我觉得不该就这么点新闻 |
[27:02] | We’re not about publicity. We’re about results. | 我们注重的不是宣传 而是成果 |
[27:04] | Anyways, I decided to contact the authors of each of these articles, | 不管怎样 我决定联系每篇文章的作者 |
[27:09] | but they don’t exist, | 但他们根本不存在 |
[27:11] | which made me wonder if Zack Trent is even a real name. | 这让我不禁怀疑扎克·特伦特是不是真名 |
[27:15] | And guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[27:16] | I’m guessing it’s not. | 我猜不是真名 |
[27:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:19] | Our alleged tree hugger’s real name is David Clemens. | 我们所谓的环境保护分子真名叫做大卫·克莱门斯 |
[27:22] | David changed his name after working | 大卫到某家公司的 |
[27:24] | in the public relations department of — | 公关部工作之后就改了名字 |
[27:26] | Now, wait for it — Ivar Oil. | 这家公司就是伊瓦尔石油 |
[27:30] | There’s nothing illegal about that. | 这又不犯法 |
[27:31] | Clean Water Defenders is a wolf in sheep’s clothing | 净水卫士是披着羊皮的狼 |
[27:34] | pretending to represent environmental causes | 打着环保事业的幌子 |
[27:37] | but actually working against them. | 但却做着破坏环境的勾当 |
[27:39] | And Clean Water Defenders, it’s backed by a fund | 净水卫士受到一家基金会的资助 |
[27:42] | created by the president of… | 基金会创始人是某家公司的总裁 |
[27:45] | – Ivar Oil. – …Ivar Oil. | -伊瓦尔石油 -伊瓦尔石油 |
[27:48] | Your honor, I had no idea. | 法官大人 我根本不知道 |
[27:49] | Even if that’s true, your bosses sure did. | 就算你不知道 你的老板们也肯定知道 |
[27:52] | And by creating a fake environmental group, | 通过成立虚假环保组织 |
[27:55] | this man deliberately made our legitimate claims ring false. | 这位先生故意使我们的合法请求听起来不真实 |
[28:00] | I’ll be reporting Mr. Trent and Ivar Oil to the D.A.’s office. | 我会向地检办举报特伦特先生和伊瓦尔石油 |
[28:05] | But since the Clean Water Defenders is not an appropriate plaintiff, | 但由于净水卫士并非适当的原告 |
[28:08] | I’ll be forced to dismiss — | 我必须驳回… |
[28:09] | Unless I can find a substitute. | 除非我能找到其他原告 |
[28:10] | – Can you? – I’m gonna try. | -你能找到吗 -我会努力的 |
[28:16] | Hey, boss. How’d it go? | 老板 情况如何 |
[28:18] | Unless we can find someone to legally bring the suit, | 除非我们能找到一个能合法起诉的原告 |
[28:21] | we’re gonna lose. | 否则就会输掉案子 |
[28:23] | Jakob… | 雅各布 |
[28:24] | Will you please reconsider? | 请你重新考虑一下 |
[28:29] | It would violate everything I stand for. | 这会违反我所坚持的一切信仰 |
[28:32] | Why don’t I just become Amish? I mean, what do you say? | 我干脆变成阿米什人不就得了 你怎么看 |
[28:35] | You and me, Jakob, milking goats and raising barns. | 咱们俩跟雅各布一起挤羊奶 建谷仓 |
[28:40] | Teri, you’re a genius. | 泰丽 你真是个天才 |
[28:42] | I know, but I couldn’t really convert. | 我知道 但我不能改变信仰 |
[28:43] | I mean, I hear the pretzels are delicious, | 我听说椒盐脆饼干很好吃 |
[28:45] | but the bonnet would give me hat hair. | 但戴软帽会把我的头发压塌 |
[28:47] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[28:48] | Teri, walk with me. One moment. | 泰丽 跟我来 失陪一下 |
[28:51] | Are you gonna yell at me for coming on to the hot Amish man? | 你要因为我勾引性感的阿米什男人骂我吗 |
[28:53] | – Because I am who I am. – No. God, I love you for it. | -这就是我的本性 -不是 我很喜欢你这点 |
[28:55] | Listen, I’ve got to go to the hospital and visit my mom. | 我必须去医院看我妈 |
[28:58] | I need you to track down Isaac Yordy, Jakob’s son. | 我要你找到雅各布的儿子艾萨克·约迪 |
[29:01] | – Okay. Why? – He’s our only hope. | -好 为什么 -他是我们仅有的希望 |
[29:18] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样了 |
[29:23] | Where’s Paul? | 保罗呢 |
[29:25] | He went to go get some water. | 他去接水了 |
[29:27] | I forgot my reading glasses. | 我忘带老花镜了 |
[29:30] | He’s been reading to me. | 他一直在给我讲故事 |
[29:33] | “Alice in Wonderland.” | 《爱丽丝梦游仙境》 |
[29:35] | You remember when I read that to you when you were little? | 你记得小时候我给你讲过这个故事吧 |
[29:39] | Of course. Yeah, yeah. | 当然记得 |
[29:42] | Would you mind picking up where he left off? | 你能接着他刚才的继续讲吗 |
[29:46] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[29:50] | Okay. Let’s see here. | 我来看看 |
[29:55] | “Alice came to a fork in the road. | 爱丽丝走到一个岔路口 |
[29:58] | “‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. | 她问:”我该走哪条路呢” |
[30:01] | “‘Where do you want to go?’ responded the Cheshire cat. | 柴郡猫问她:”你想走哪条路” |
[30:06] | “‘I don’t know,’ Alice answered. | 爱丽丝回答说:”我不知道” |
[30:10] | ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.'” | 柴郡猫说:”那就无所谓了” |
[30:16] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:20] | Go on. | 继续 |
[30:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:22] | Read your text. | 看短信吧 |
[30:26] | It’s not important. | 那不重要 |
[30:27] | What you do is very important. | 你的工作很重要 |
[30:31] | Read it. | 看吧 |
[30:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:38] | Just work. | 就是工作的事 |
[30:39] | Do they need you? | 他们需要你吗 |
[30:42] | It can wait. | 不急 |
[30:44] | Janie… | 简宝 |
[30:46] | Go do your job. | 去工作吧 |
[30:48] | Make me proud. | 给我争光 |
[30:52] | I insist. | 你一定要听我的 |
[30:57] | I’ll be back as soon as I can. | 我会尽快回来的 |
[30:59] | I know you will. | 我知道 |
[31:03] | And I’ll be here. | 我会在这里等你 |
[31:24] | Mr. Osgood, we have a proposal. | 奥斯古德先生 我们有项提议 |
[31:27] | If you continue to defame Robin, we’ll drop the suit immediately. | 如果你继续诽谤罗宾 我们就马上撤诉 |
[31:31] | I’m sorry. Maybe I heard you wrong. | 对不起 我可能听错了 |
[31:33] | But you’re supposed to drop the suit if he stops defaming, | 应该是他不再诽谤她 你们就撤诉才对吧 |
[31:36] | not the other way around. | 而不是反过来 |
[31:37] | Not in this case. | 在这件案子中就是反过来 |
[31:39] | I don’t understand. | 我没搞懂 |
[31:41] | I think Tripp understands. | 我觉得特里普懂 |
[31:42] | I do. | 我懂 |
[31:45] | Whatever she wants, I’ll do it. | 无论她想怎样 我都答应 |
[31:47] | You’ll start by calling all of Robin’s clients. | 你要先给罗宾所有的客人打电话 |
[31:49] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[31:52] | I want Lady Robin to issue my instructions. | 我希望由罗宾小姐对我作出指示 |
[31:57] | You’ll take back everything you said to my clients | 你要收回对我客人说过的那些 |
[31:59] | that harmed my business. | 损害我生意的话 |
[32:01] | And what exactly should I say? | 我具体该怎么说 |
[32:03] | Tell them you’re a filthy, lying, worthless human being. | 告诉他们你是个下流卑微 一文不值的人渣 |
[32:10] | And… | 还有 |
[32:23] | I can do that. | 我能做到 |
[32:26] | All of it. | 所有这一切 |
[32:28] | And I’d like to schedule a time with you for tomorrow. | 我想跟你预约明天的时间 |
[32:32] | I’ll pay in advance. | 我可以预先付款 |
[32:40] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[32:42] | I would like to introduce my new plaintiff — | 容我介绍一下我的新原告 |
[32:45] | Isaac Yordy, Jakob Yordy’s son. | 艾萨克·约迪 雅各布·约迪的儿子 |
[32:47] | Your honor, this man has no standing. | 法官大人 这位男士没有资格 |
[32:49] | He’s not a member of the Amish community. He’s been shunned. | 他不是阿米什人的一员 他被闪避了 |
[32:52] | My sister is dying, your honor. | 我妹妹就要死了 法官大人 |
[32:54] | I’m asking the court to recognize me | 即便我父亲不承认我 |
[32:56] | even if my father won’t. | 我也请求法庭承认我 |
[32:59] | Young man, I wish I could, | 年轻人 我也希望我可以 |
[33:00] | but you don’t qualify as a plaintiff. | 但你不具备原告资格 |
[33:02] | Well, actually he does. | 其实他具备资格 |
[33:04] | Per the family land deeds, | 依据家族地契 |
[33:05] | Isaac owns five acres left to him by his grandfather. | 艾萨克的祖父留给他五英亩土地 |
[33:13] | Is this all true? | 这是真的吗 |
[33:18] | I am here to help. Please. | 我是来帮忙的 拜托 |
[33:26] | Few burdens are heavy if everyone lifts. | 众人拾柴火焰高 |
[33:35] | Yes. It is true. | 对 是真的 |
[33:37] | My father saved each of his grandchildren a parcel of land. | 我父亲给每个外孙和外孙女都留了一块地 |
[33:42] | He died before Isaac left us. | 他在艾萨克离开之前去世了 |
[33:45] | Then I’m issuing an injunction preventing any further drilling | 那我要颁布阻止任何进一步钻井的禁令 |
[33:49] | and awarding compensatory damages plus medical costs | 并向艾萨克的妹妹瑞贝卡给予补偿性赔偿 |
[33:53] | for Isaac Yordy’s sister Rebecca. | 以及医疗费用 |
[33:56] | Hold on, your honor. That is excessive. | 等等 法官大人 这也太多了吧 |
[33:57] | I’m also ordering your client to put $10 million | 另外我还要求你方委托人将一千万美元 |
[34:00] | in an escrow account to pay for any future remediation. | 放入第三方保管账户来支付未来任何的补救措施 |
[34:05] | We’re done here. | 本案到此为止 |
[34:19] | Do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[34:20] | Yeah, of course. | 有啊 |
[34:24] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[34:25] | My first action as a mother | 我不该一当上妈妈 |
[34:27] | should not be to engage in criminal activity. | 就参与犯罪活动 |
[34:30] | It wasn’t really criminal. | 那也算不上是犯罪 |
[34:32] | It was a bribe. And it was shady. | 那是行贿 见不得人的 |
[34:33] | Can I ask you something? | 我想问你件事 |
[34:34] | Why was that school so important to you? | 为何你那么看重那所幼儿园 |
[34:36] | Because I’m not as smart as you think I am. | 因为我没你想象中那么聪明 |
[34:39] | And a school like Buchman | 像巴克曼这样一家幼儿园 |
[34:42] | will give my child an advantage that I can’t. | 可以赋予孩子我不具备的优势 |
[34:46] | See, you’re brilliant, | 你很聪明 |
[34:48] | and you take it for granted that this kid is gonna be like you, | 你想当然地以为这个孩子会随你 |
[34:51] | but what if he or she is like me? | 但如果随我怎么办 |
[34:59] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[35:01] | You don’t give yourself enough credit. | 你太小看自己了 |
[35:03] | Do you really think that you could have started | 你觉得如果你不够聪明的话 |
[35:04] | a successful business if you weren’t smart? | 有可能把生意做好吗 |
[35:07] | Stacy, the pakery was genius. | 史黛西 派糕店的想法很棒 |
[35:09] | And come on. You picked me to be your sperm donor. | 而且你还挑了我做你的捐精者 |
[35:12] | What does that got to do with anything? | 这跟我聪不聪明有什么关系 |
[35:14] | You picked a guy like me. | 你选了我这样一个人 |
[35:15] | That shows a high level of intelligence. | 这说明你很有头脑 |
[35:23] | Stacy, I will always be there to support you and your child. | 史黛西 我会永远支持你和你的孩子 |
[35:31] | Our child. | 是我们的孩子 |
[35:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:52] | The court has ordered Ivar Oil to issue their first check. | 法院已经命令伊瓦尔石油开出了第一张支票 |
[35:57] | Here you go. | 给 |
[36:00] | This is truly a miracle. | 这真是个奇迹 |
[36:06] | Papa. | 爸爸 |
[36:10] | Please tell Rebecca and mother that I said I miss them. | 请告诉瑞贝卡和妈妈 我想她们 |
[36:16] | Miss Bingum, my train leaves in an hour. | 宾格温小姐 我的火车还有一小时就要开了 |
[36:20] | I’m meeting my daughter at hospital in Denver. | 我要去丹佛的一家医院见我女儿 |
[36:23] | She’s starting treatment this afternoon. | 她今天下午要开始治疗了 |
[36:26] | Jakob, we only won because of Isaac. | 雅各布 我们是靠艾萨克才赢下了案子 |
[36:30] | He saved your land and he saved your daughter’s life. | 他保住了你们的土地 还有你女儿的命 |
[36:37] | You…will be in my prayers. | 我会为你祷告的 |
[36:47] | Father, please just look at me. | 爸爸 请你看看我吧 |
[36:53] | I’m still the same person. | 我没变 |
[37:56] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[37:59] | Not so good. | 不太好 |
[38:05] | Mom? | 妈 |
[38:15] | You want me to read to you? | 你想听我给你讲故事吗 |
[38:23] | I want you to talk with me. | 我想跟你说说话 |
[38:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:30] | Sweetheart, I’m sorry I meddle so much. | 亲爱的 很抱歉我多管闲事 |
[38:34] | No. | 不 |
[38:35] | You know what? That’s your way of showing that you care about me. | 你那么做说明你关心我 |
[38:40] | I’m sorry I also embarrass you at times. | 抱歉我有时候还会让你丢脸 |
[38:48] | You express your feelings. | 你能表达出自己的感受 |
[38:50] | And I admire that. | 我很佩服你这点 |
[38:54] | I’m the one who’s sorry. | 抱歉的人是我才对 |
[38:56] | I’m sorry that I haven’t been a better daughter. | 对不起 我不是个称职的女儿 |
[38:59] | You are always there for me. | 你一直都在为我守候 |
[39:04] | But we both know the truth. | 但我们都知道真相 |
[39:08] | What? | 什么 |
[39:12] | You’re not my daughter. | 你不是我女儿 |
[39:16] | What? | 什么 |
[39:18] | You’re not my daughter. | 你不是我女儿 |
[39:24] | Ever since you were shot. | 自从你中枪之后 |
[39:29] | I never read “Alice in Wonderland” to you. | 我从没给你讲过《爱丽丝梦游仙境》 |
[39:35] | A mother… | 一位母亲 |
[39:38] | Knows her child. | 了解她的孩子 |
[39:46] | You’re not the same Janie. | 你不是当初那个简宝了 |
[39:51] | But you’re still my Janie. | 但你仍然是我的简宝 |
[39:55] | And in ways… I never imagined. | 我从未想到会这样 |
[40:01] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[40:09] | Whoever you are. | 无论你是谁 |
[40:16] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[40:29] | Someone help. | 快来人啊 |
[40:32] | Help. | 救命 |
[40:34] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[40:36] | She’s gone, Jane. I’m sorry. | 她走了 简 节哀顺变 |
[41:06] | Jane. | 简 |
[41:09] | I just heard. | 我刚刚听说了 |
[41:10] | I’m so sorry. | 节哀顺变 |
[41:12] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:18] | You know, she knew she was dying. | 她知道自己快不行了 |
[41:21] | She just didn’t want me to know. | 他只是不想让我知道 |
[41:25] | She was an independent spirit. | 她是个独立的人 |
[41:28] | Just like you. | 就像你一样 |
[41:31] | Yeah. Like me. | 对 就像我一样 |
[41:38] | After Deb died, I bumped into Elaine at the office. | 黛比死后 我在律所碰到过伊莱恩 |
[41:41] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[41:43] | And she saw I was in pain, | 她看到我很痛苦 |
[41:44] | so, uh, she grabbed my hand, took me out onto the balcony. | 她就抓着我的手 把我领到阳台上 |
[41:48] | She told me to scream. | 她让我大喊 |
[41:51] | But I wouldn’t do it, | 但我不肯 |
[41:52] | so she started screaming until I joined in. | 于是她就开始大喊 直到我跟她一起喊 |
[41:56] | Did it make you feel better? | 喊完感觉好点了吗 |
[41:58] | I was hoarse for about a week. | 我嗓子哑了一个星期 |
[42:00] | But, yeah, it did. | 不过确实管用 |
[42:04] | Well, that’s good. | 那就好 |
[42:11] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[42:30] | That’s just great. | 你真行啊 |
[42:32] | My mom dies, and you don’t even have the decency to let me know, | 我妈去世了 你根本就不屑于告诉我 |
[42:35] | and then I find you out here making out with him. | 然后我又发现你在跟他亲热 |
[42:38] | – That is really classy. – I-I’m so sorry. | -你太不靠谱了 -实在抱歉 |
[42:41] | Brittney, I just found out she was sick. | 布兰妮 我刚刚知道她得了病 |
[42:43] | And I wouldn’t have known how to contact you anyway. | 我不知道该怎么联系你 |
[42:45] | I left a forwarding address at my apartment. | 我在公寓里留了转递地址 |
[42:48] | You’re smart. You could have reached out | 你很聪明 你本可以联系我 |
[42:50] | so I could have said goodbye to my own mother. | 让我有机会跟自己的母亲道别 |
[42:54] | Jane, what’s going on? | 简 这是怎么回事 |
[42:56] | Why don’t you tell him? | 你告诉他啊 |
[42:58] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[42:59] | Jane isn’t really who you think she is. | 简不是你认为的那个人 |
[43:03] | Who is she? | 那她是谁 |
[43:06] | Why don’t you ask her? | 你自己问她 |