时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That’s me — Deb — | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:05] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:08] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:12] | So now, I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:19] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:21] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | Well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:36] | My new partner, your new boss. | 我的新合伙人 你的新老板 |
[00:41] | This is not good. | 这可不妙 |
[00:43] | If you two want to kiss each other, | 你俩想亲就亲吧 |
[00:45] | have at it. | 好好享受 |
[00:47] | I know it’s not easy to forgive me. | 我知道原谅我并不容易 |
[00:50] | We’ll never get back the way we were. | 我们永远无法回到最初的时光 |
[00:55] | Grayson. Oh, my god. This is amazing. | 格雷森 天啊 这简直太棒了 |
[00:57] | It’s for you. | 是为你准备的 |
[00:58] | Look me in the eye and tell me this isn’t real. | 告诉我这一切不是真的 |
[01:00] | You deserve someone better than me. | 你应该找个比我更优秀的姑娘 |
[01:05] | I’m trying to get pregnant, | 我在备孕 |
[01:06] | and I’m looking for a sperm donor. | 在找捐精者 |
[01:10] | Wow, I never realized how tall he was. | 我才发现他这么高大 |
[01:12] | I want your sperm. | 我想要你的精子 |
[01:14] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[01:15] | – How dare you? – How dare you? | -你怎么敢这么说 -你怎么敢这么对我 |
[01:17] | Don’t you think it’s gonna be a little weird | 你不觉得当欧文和我结婚之后 |
[01:20] | when Owen and I are married and you’re raising his child? | 你抚养着他的孩子不会很诡异吗 |
[01:23] | What? | 什么 |
[01:24] | This is about Grayson. | 这肯定跟格雷森有关 |
[01:25] | It’s always been about Grayson. | 事情永远跟他脱不了干系 |
[01:27] | I love him, Teri. | 我爱他 泰丽 |
[01:28] | Why are you telling me and not him? | 别跟我说 跟他说 |
[01:31] | You need to go to him. | 你要去找他 |
[01:32] | I’m really gonna do this. | 我这就去告诉他 |
[01:49] | – Good night. – Good night, Jane. | -晚安 -晚安 简 |
[01:51] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[01:52] | Oh! Hold the elevator, please! | 请等一等 |
[01:59] | Oh, thank you, Grayson. | 谢谢 格雷森 |
[02:00] | – Nicole. – No problem. | -妮可 -不客气 |
[02:04] | So, do you guys have plans tonight? | 你们俩今晚有安排吗 |
[02:08] | Oh, there is a great documentary on PBS — | 今天公共电视网上有部很精彩的纪录片 |
[02:10] | “From Cleopatra to Michelle Obama: | 《从埃及艳后到米歇尔·奥巴马: |
[02:12] | The History of Bangs.” | 刘海的历史》 |
[02:14] | So…whoa! | 怎么样 |
[02:18] | Hello! Grayson? | 喂 格雷森 |
[02:19] | Yeah, hey, this is workplace elevator. | 喂 这可是办公楼电梯 |
[02:22] | Grayson! Grayson! | 格雷森 格雷森 |
[02:24] | Hi, I am right here! | 我可就在这里 |
[02:27] | Wow. This is… this is unbelievable. | 真是难以置信 |
[02:30] | Okay. Okay. It’s fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[02:32] | Okay, it’s not fine. | 这可不好 |
[02:33] | Grayson! | 格雷森 |
[02:35] | – Oh, my god! – Jane. | -天呐 -简 |
[02:37] | Jane! | 简 |
[02:40] | Wake up, sweetie. | 醒醒 亲爱的 |
[02:41] | I brought your dress for the benefit. | 我给你带来了义卖会穿的礼服 |
[02:43] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:45] | I was having another Grayson-and-Nicole sex dream. | 我又在做格雷森和妮可做爱的梦 |
[02:47] | The one where you’re in court? | 是你在法庭上的那个吗 |
[02:48] | This time, the elevator. | 这次是在电梯里 |
[02:50] | Ever since I saw them kissing, | 我看到他们亲吻之后 |
[02:51] | it’s all I can think about. | 那场景就一直我脑中挥之不去 |
[02:53] | I can’t believe I was gonna tell him I loved him | 真不敢相信我当时正要向他表白 |
[02:54] | and now he’s seeing someone else, | 这会儿他又和别人打得火热 |
[02:56] | who works right outside my office. | 而且对象就在我办公室外 |
[02:59] | Maybe the kiss was a harmless peck, | 或许那个吻只是无伤大雅的轻吻 |
[03:01] | like when I kiss my Aunt Charleen. | 就像我亲吻我的夏琳阿姨一样 |
[03:04] | Well, unless you kiss her with your tongue, it’s not the same. | 难不成你还对她舌吻 那可不是一回事 |
[03:07] | And I think they’re doing that “Secret dating” thing | 而且我觉得他们在搞地下恋 |
[03:09] | which makes it even worse. | 这就更糟了 |
[03:11] | I’m sorry, sweetie. | 真遗憾 亲爱的 |
[03:13] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎样 |
[03:14] | Two more days until I can take the pregnancy test. | 再过两天我就能验孕了 |
[03:17] | The suspense is killing me. | 等得我着急死了 |
[03:19] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, Owen left a message | 我得先走一步 欧文给我留言 |
[03:21] | and said he needed to speak with me as soon as possible. | 说要尽快和我谈谈 |
[03:25] | Stupid, stupid thing. | 蠢东西 |
[03:28] | Owen. | 欧文 |
[03:32] | Come here. Let me help you. | 过来 我来帮你 |
[03:33] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[03:35] | It’s just like tying your shoe, only around your neck. | 这就像是系鞋带 只不过绕的是脖子而已 |
[03:38] | There you go. | 好了 |
[03:39] | Now you look like one of those cute boys from One Direction | 现在你就像是单向乐队 |
[03:41] | when they try to look like Justin Timberlake. | 模仿贾斯丁·汀布莱克的帅小子们 |
[03:43] | Thank you, I think. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[03:45] | – So, you wanted to talk with me? – Yeah. | -你有话要对我说吗 -嗯 |
[03:48] | Uh, Stacy, I’ve been giving a lot thought | 史黛西 我对我们的捐赠协议 |
[03:51] | to our donor agreement. | 做了再三考虑 |
[03:54] | I’ve drawn up an amendment that better defines | 我起草了一份修订协议 |
[03:56] | the relationship I’d like to have with the child. | 对我和孩子的关系做了更好的定义 |
[03:58] | But please, before you sign it, discuss it with an attorney. | 但请你在签署前 和律师讨论一下 |
[04:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:17] | Jane, I really admire you for volunteering at Shelter House. | 简 我真钦佩你来当庇护之家的志愿者 |
[04:20] | It’s an amazing organization. | 这是个很棒的组织 |
[04:21] | I just give free legal advice. | 我只提供免费的法律咨询 |
[04:22] | The woman to admire is Violet Harwood. | 你该钦佩的女人是维尔莉特·哈伍德 |
[04:25] | She’s right over there. | 她就在那边 |
[04:26] | The way I see it, if you’re a trust-fund baby, | 在我看来 如果你是个信托基金的宠儿 |
[04:28] | you either become Paris Hilton and make a sex tape | 要么成为帕里斯·希尔顿 拍摄性爱录影带 |
[04:31] | or you become Violet Harwood. | 要么就成为维尔莉特·哈伍德 |
[04:33] | She turned her Beverly Hills mansion | 她把她的比佛利山庄宅邸 |
[04:34] | into a safe house for abused women. | 改装成了受虐妇女的安全屋 |
[04:37] | Wow. Nicole cleans up nice. | 妮可打扮得可真漂亮 |
[04:39] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[04:40] | Hey, everyone. I’m sorry I’m late. | 各位 抱歉我迟到了 |
[04:42] | Kim made me drop off diapers at her house. | 金让我把尿布送到她家去 |
[04:44] | You need to learn how to say “No.” | 你得学会拒绝 |
[04:46] | Okay. Now that we’re all here, I have an announcement. | 好 既然大家都到齐了 我有事要宣布 |
[04:47] | Even though we all know the firm is in trouble, | 虽然我们都知道律所遇到了麻烦 |
[04:49] | tonight we act like nothing is wrong. | 但是我们今晚还是得装作若无其事 |
[04:51] | So you want us to put on our happy faces. | 你是要我们都强颜欢笑 |
[04:53] | This event is loaded with high-powered lawyers. | 参加活动的人都是有权有势的律师 |
[04:55] | If they detect trouble, they’ll come after our clients. | 如果他们察觉到不对劲 就会去找我们的客户 |
[04:57] | Is that a bad thing? | 这是坏事吗 |
[04:58] | I mean, if Parker’s gonna sell, | 如果帕克要出售律所 |
[04:59] | why are we trying to save our clients? | 我们何必强留客户呢 |
[05:01] | Because, Grayson, we’re not giving up. | 格雷森 因为我们不会放弃 |
[05:03] | Okay. What’s the plan? | 好 计划是什么 |
[05:08] | Right now the plan is to have a good time even if it kills us. | 现在的计划是即便痛苦难熬都要去享受 |
[05:11] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[05:15] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[05:16] | Thought I’d schmooze a bit. | 我就是过来拉拉关系 |
[05:18] | There are some big names here at this party | 这个派对上都是大腕 |
[05:19] | who might be interested in bidding on Harrison & Parker. | 可能会出价购买哈里森·帕克律所 |
[05:22] | But just so you know, I’m rooting for you. | 可我也要告诉你 我挺你 |
[05:25] | Okay, I don’t have $4 million to buy out Parker. | 好吧 我没有四百万买我们公司 |
[05:27] | Hmm. That’s a shame. Oh, champagne. | 太可惜了 香槟 |
[05:34] | Pigs in a blanket are awesome. | 猪包毯真好吃 |
[05:36] | Food of the gods. | 人间极品 |
[05:38] | If I haven’t already said it, you look hot. | 不管我有没有说过 你真性感 |
[05:41] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[05:42] | I hate to spoil a party with shoptalk, | 我讨厌在派对上谈公事 |
[05:46] | but I need your help. | 可我需要你帮忙 |
[05:47] | Judge Sanders, anything I can do. | 桑德斯法官 乐意效劳 |
[05:49] | I’ve got a criminal case. | 有一宗刑事案 |
[05:50] | Public defender’s had a health scare. | 公辩人病了 |
[05:53] | I’d like you to step in. | 我想让你介入 |
[05:55] | The firm’s been pulling back on pro bono | 金·卡斯维产假期间 |
[05:56] | while Kim Kaswell’s on maternity leave. | 律所全力做公益项目 |
[05:59] | You’re an officer of the court. You’re going to represent him. | 你是法院官员 你要为他代理 |
[06:03] | Then I have a new client. | 那这案子我接了 |
[06:04] | He’s in lock-up and expecting you tonight. | 他在关押期间 希望今晚见你 |
[06:07] | You should probably head on over. | 你该赶紧过去了 |
[06:10] | With pleasure, your honor. | 乐意效劳 法官大人 |
[06:15] | Jane Bingum, we finally meet. | 简·宾格温 我们还是见面了 |
[06:18] | I’m Lester Tuttle. | 我是莱斯特·塔特尔 |
[06:20] | You’re the one who’s trying to break up the firm. | 你就是那个想要搞散律所的人啊 |
[06:22] | I thought you’d be greener, you know, more like the Grinch. | 我还以为你会更嫩[绿] 像是圣诞怪杰 |
[06:24] | – Actually, Jay Parker is. – Greener? | -其实杰·帕克才是 -更嫩 |
[06:27] | Trying to sell the firm. | 想要卖掉律所 |
[06:29] | I’m just the middleman. | 我只是经纪人 |
[06:30] | And I must say, with your track record, | 不得不说 以你的傲人成绩 |
[06:32] | you’ve certainly enhanced the firm’s value. | 一定让律所增值不少 |
[06:34] | I’m surprised you haven’t been named a partner. | 你没有成为合伙人 很出乎我意料 |
[06:39] | There are a lot of factors that go into that. | 有很多因素导致了这个结果 |
[06:41] | If Harrison & Parker is kaput, | 等哈里森·帕克律所没了 |
[06:43] | I’m sure you’ll have no problem getting another job… | 你另谋高就肯定不成问题 |
[06:45] | Well, thank you. | 多谢抬举 |
[06:45] | Especially since you’re no longer preoccupied. | 尤其是你现在不再心事重重了 |
[06:48] | “Preoccupied”? | “心事重重” |
[06:49] | First, you were preoccupied getting married, | 起初 你是忙着结婚 |
[06:52] | and now you’re preoccupied not getting married. | 现在你又因为没结婚而心事重重 |
[06:54] | Whoa. That’s none of your business. | 这不关你的事 |
[06:55] | It’s all my business. | 都和我有关 |
[06:57] | I value the firm by valuing the assets, | 我靠评估资产来评估企业 |
[06:59] | and you are a great big asset. | 而你就是一份大资产 |
[07:02] | Seriously, I’m surprised you didn’t demand | 说真的 我很惊讶你没有 |
[07:05] | to be named partner a long time ago. | 在很久前就要求成为合伙人 |
[07:09] | Jane. | 简 |
[07:11] | – Excuse me. – Sure. | -失陪 -好 |
[07:13] | – Hi, Violet. – You look beautiful. | -维尔莉特 -你真美 |
[07:15] | – Oh, thank you. So do you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 你也是 -谢了 |
[07:17] | Quite a turnout — that means lots of donations. | 来的人可真多 这表示会有很多捐款 |
[07:21] | Well, that’s some good news. | 那也算是好消息了 |
[07:23] | Why? Is everything okay? | 怎么了 一切都好吗 |
[07:24] | I have to appear in front of | 我明天早上 |
[07:25] | the Beverly Hills zoning board tomorrow morning. | 要去见比佛利山庄分区委员会 |
[07:27] | – Why? – My neighbors. | -为什么 -我的邻居们 |
[07:29] | They’ve hired a lawyer. | 他们请了个律师 |
[07:29] | They’re complaining about the house. | 抱怨那栋房子的不是 |
[07:31] | They say that there’s excess noise, | 他们说噪声太多 |
[07:33] | too many cars on the street, | 街上车太多 |
[07:34] | women coming and going at all hours. | 全天都有妇女进出 |
[07:36] | Are their complaints valid? | 他们的抱怨有根据吗 |
[07:37] | – Not even close. – Okay. | -纯属胡扯 -好吧 |
[07:39] | No, they want to shut us down. | 他们想关闭庇护所 |
[07:40] | They feel like a house for abused women | 他们觉得把房子给受虐妇女居住 |
[07:42] | is hurting their Beverly Hills property values. | 是在损害他们比佛利山庄的房产价值 |
[07:44] | So the complaints are just a pretext. | 所以投诉只是借口 |
[07:46] | I have 10 women with nowhere to go. | 我有十位妇女无处可去 |
[07:48] | They depend on me. | 她们还指望着我 |
[07:49] | Violet, why didn’t you tell me about this earlier? | 维尔莉特 你怎么不早跟我说 |
[07:51] | The hearing just got expedited. | 听证会刚刚加急了 |
[07:53] | Okay, you know what? I’m gonna say good night, | 好 这样吧 我要道晚安 |
[07:55] | go and bone up on those zoning laws for tomorrow’s hearing. | 为明天的听证会研究分区法令去了 |
[07:58] | – Thank you. – Yes. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[07:59] | Now mix, mingle, and make lots of money. | 快去交际赚大钱吧 |
[08:02] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 明天见 |
[08:06] | Oh! Hold the elevator, please! | 请等一等 |
[08:11] | Oh, thank you, Grayson. | 谢谢 格雷森 |
[08:13] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[08:33] | What are you doing here? | 你在干什么呢 |
[08:34] | It’s, uh… god, it’s after midnight. | 天呐 都后半夜了 |
[08:37] | I am studying Beverly Hills zoning law. | 我在研究比佛利山庄的分区法令 |
[08:40] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[08:41] | Whoa. Is that scotch? | 那是苏格兰威士忌吗 |
[08:44] | You hate scotch. | 你可不爱喝这个 |
[08:45] | Yeah, well, hoping for a little inspiration. | 是啊 我想找点灵感 |
[08:50] | You’re worried about the firm. | 你在为律所的事发愁 |
[08:53] | I don’t have a plan. | 我没有计划 |
[08:55] | If the firm gets sold, | 如果律所被变卖 |
[08:57] | people are gonna get fired, and it’s my fault. | 大家就要被解雇 这都是我的错 |
[08:59] | Your fault? | 你的错 |
[09:01] | When I took this job, I should have insisted | 我接受这份工作的时候 就该坚持 |
[09:03] | that Parker give up his right to sell. | 让帕克放弃变卖律所的权利 |
[09:05] | But I took him at his word that he wanted the place to continue. | 可我听信了他的话 说他想让律所继续运行 |
[09:08] | I mean, he said the firm was like family and, | 他说这家律所就像他的家 |
[09:12] | after being on my own for so many years, | 我一个人过了那么多年 |
[09:14] | I guess… I liked the sound of it. | 我想我是被他这种说法打动了 |
[09:19] | And, Jane, even though I know we’re not a couple, | 简 即便我知道我们不是一对 |
[09:25] | I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like working together, | 但我非常喜欢与你共事 |
[09:28] | Seeing you every day. | 每天都见到你 |
[09:32] | Parker put a deadline on the sale — a week from today. | 帕克定了出售的截止日 一周后 |
[09:36] | What? That’s crazy. | 什么 太荒唐了 |
[09:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:42] | And I can’t see a way out. | 我找不到出路 |
[09:45] | Anyway… | 不管怎样 |
[09:47] | I should get back to my office and sleep this off. | 我得回办公室 借睡眠消愁了 |
[09:51] | – Owen. – Yeah? | -欧文 -什么事 |
[09:54] | I like seeing you every day, too. | 我也爱每天见到你 |
[10:10] | Kieran Dinescu, | 凯伦·迪内斯库 |
[10:12] | I’m Grayson Kent, your new lawyer. | 我是格雷森·肯特 你的新律师 |
[10:15] | All right, the criminal complaint says | 好吧 刑事诉讼上写着 |
[10:17] | you were unruly on a commercial airplane | 你在商用飞机上不守规矩 |
[10:20] | and were removed by a federal marshal. | 被联邦法警带走 |
[10:22] | I was sitting in the window seat, | 我当时坐在靠窗座位 |
[10:24] | and the flight attendant asked me to pull up the shade. | 空乘员让我把遮阳板拉起来 |
[10:28] | I refused, and when she asked me why, | 我拒绝了 她问我原因 |
[10:30] | I told her it was because I am a vampire. | 我告诉她因为我是个吸血鬼 |
[10:34] | I am a vampire! | 我真是个吸血鬼 |
[10:37] | Sunlight is deadly. | 阳光会致命 |
[10:37] | That’s why I needed the shade down. | 所以我不能把遮阳板拉起来 |
[10:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:42] | It says you hissed at a flight attendant? | 上面说你对空乘员发出嘶嘶声 |
[10:45] | That’s what vampires do when we’re anxious. | 我们吸血鬼焦虑的时候就会这样 |
[10:47] | When I told her I was a vampire, | 我告诉她我是个吸血鬼 |
[10:50] | the lady in front of me started freaking out. | 我前座的女士就开始恐慌 |
[10:54] | And pretty soon everybody started looking at me. | 很快所有人都开始看我 |
[10:57] | I got nervous, so I hissed some more. | 我开始紧张 于是又嘶嘶了几声 |
[10:59] | Come on dude. I’m your lawyer. Quit the act. | 拜托 我是你的律师 不用装这一套 |
[11:01] | – It’s not an act. – All right. | -这不是装的 -好吧 |
[11:04] | You’re being charged with interfering with a flight crew. | 你被告妨碍空乘工作 |
[11:07] | That’s 10 to 20 years in prison. | 要判十到二十年的监禁 |
[11:10] | Calm down. | 别激动 |
[11:12] | You don’t have a record, | 你没有案底 |
[11:13] | so we can probably chalk this up to a misunderstanding. | 所以我们或许可以把这事归为误会 |
[11:17] | I’ll get you out on bail. | 我会让你假释出狱 |
[11:18] | We’ll head to court in the morning. | 我们明早去上庭 |
[11:20] | Do I have to go to court in the daytime? | 我是不是必须在白天上庭 |
[11:22] | In the sunlight? | 在光天化日下 |
[11:26] | How about I file a motion to move your trial to night court? | 要不我请求让你的庭审改到晚上 |
[11:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:50] | Oh! Finally! You’re home. | 你终于回来了 |
[11:52] | Okay. Two quarts of fudge ripple. | 好吧 两夸脱软糖冰淇淋 |
[11:54] | Honey, did you watch “Marley & Me” Again? | 亲爱的 你是不是又看《马力和我》了 |
[11:57] | – No, I am freaking out! – Okay. Oh. | -没 我要急疯了 -好吧 |
[12:00] | Owen gave me this amendment to our sperm-donor agreement. | 欧文给了我这份捐精协议的修订案 |
[12:03] | He said I should show it to a lawyer. | 他说我该把这个给律师看 |
[12:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:08] | Owen doesn’t want you to disclose his identity | 欧文想让你等孩子至少到16岁 |
[12:10] | to your child until he or she turns 16. | 才能公开他的身份 |
[12:12] | Yeah, and I’m okay with Owen not wanting any involvement, | 是啊 我可以接受欧文不想受到牵连 |
[12:16] | but if my child wants to know their father’s identity, | 可如果我的孩子想知道父亲的身份呢 |
[12:19] | I want to be able to share it. | 我想告诉孩子 |
[12:21] | – Sweetie – No more secrets. | -亲爱的 -别再有秘密了 |
[12:23] | I have kept your secret, and it has been really tough. | 我一直在帮你保守秘密 这真的很难受 |
[12:25] | I know. I know. | 我知道 |
[12:27] | The problem is you told Owen | 问题是你告诉欧文 |
[12:28] | you only wanted his genetic material, | 你只想要他的遗传物质 |
[12:30] | so you might have to honor his request, but… | 所以你可能得尊重他的要求 可是… |
[12:35] | Ah! There’s a “But.” I knew you would find a “But.” | 有个”但是” 我就知道你会有办法 |
[12:38] | But if you don’t like this amendment, | 可是如果你不喜欢这份修订协议 |
[12:40] | then the person you should be talking to isn’t me. | 那你不该找我探讨 |
[12:44] | It’s Owen. | 而是欧文 |
[12:50] | Commissioner, all of these women escaped dire circumstances | 长官 这些妇女全都从暴力中逃脱 |
[12:55] | to start a new life at Shelter House. | 在庇护之所开始了新生活 |
[12:57] | If you shut us down, you won’t just be closing a building. | 如果你让我们关门 那关闭的将不只是一栋楼 |
[13:00] | You will be slamming a door in the face of women | 而是对急需帮助的妇女们 |
[13:03] | who desperately need help. | 关上了一扇门 |
[13:06] | Thank you, Ms. Bingum. | 谢谢 宾格温女士 |
[13:08] | Mr. Hart. | 哈特先生 |
[13:11] | The neighbors appreciate Ms. Harwood’s charity work. | 街坊们很欣赏哈伍德女士的慈善工作 |
[13:14] | But she is running a charity | 可她经营的是慈善团体 |
[13:16] | and is therefore subject to stricter zoning ordinances. | 是否受制于更严格的分区法规呢 |
[13:21] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[13:21] | I’ve submitted a list of violations, | 我递交了一份违规清单 |
[13:23] | which includes a lack of handicap ramp, | 包括缺少无障碍坡道 |
[13:25] | soundproofing, adequate fencing. | 隔音材料 适当的围墙 |
[13:28] | Frankly, we’re just concerned that it’s potentially harmful | 老实说 我们担心这对庇护之所里的居民 |
[13:31] | for the residents of Shelter House. | 存在潜在危害 |
[13:32] | – Oh, please! – Violet, it’s okay. | -拜托 -维尔莉特 没关系 |
[13:34] | We request that Shelter House | 我们要求庇护之所 |
[13:35] | be closed down effective immediately. | 立刻实施关闭 |
[13:38] | These violations are a pretext. | 这些违规行为只是借口 |
[13:41] | Shelter House is not a commercial establishment. | 庇护之所不是商业机构 |
[13:43] | Ms. Harwood simply opened her home to women in need. | 哈伍德女士仅仅是将房子让给需要的妇女住 |
[13:47] | Well, pretext or not, | 不管是不是借口 |
[13:47] | the regulations still have to be followed. | 这些规定还是要遵守的 |
[13:50] | We’re willing to make the necessary changes. | 我们愿意做必须的改变 |
[13:51] | We just need a little time. | 我们只是需要点时间 |
[13:53] | – You have 30 days. – Thank you. | -你们有三十天时间 -谢谢 |
[13:57] | Okay, with the right contractor, we can make that deadline. | 好 找好承包商 就能按期完工 |
[13:59] | I’m sure of it. | 我可以肯定 |
[14:00] | I can’t afford those fixes. | 我无法支付那笔修理费 |
[14:02] | Last night’s event made just enough to keep the lights on. | 昨晚活动筹得的资金刚够维持正常运营 |
[14:05] | Uh, I don’t mean to be rude, but aren’t you really rich? | 恕我冒昧 你不是很有钱吗 |
[14:09] | You’re the heir to a giant fortune. | 你继承了一大笔财产 |
[14:11] | My money is in a trust that’s controlled by my brother. | 我的钱压在信托里 由我哥哥掌控 |
[14:13] | I can’t touch it without his consent. | 未经他同意 我不能碰 |
[14:15] | But you’re a responsible adult. | 可你是个有责任能力的成年人了 |
[14:16] | Yes, but I was a reckless teenager | 对 但我父母设立信托的时候 |
[14:18] | with a serious drug problem when my parents created that trust. | 我还是个染有毒瘾的小屁孩 |
[14:21] | My brother was the responsible one. | 当时我哥哥比较靠谱 |
[14:23] | He was in law school, newly married, the golden child. | 他在读法学院 刚结婚 是个优秀的孩子 |
[14:26] | But you’ve turned your life around. | 但你已经改邪归正了啊 |
[14:27] | Surely, your brother can appreciate the work you do. | 你哥哥一定很欣赏你所做的工作 |
[14:29] | The last few times I’ve asked for money for shelter house, | 我上次为了庇护之家的事问他要钱 |
[14:32] | he’s refused me. | 被他拒绝了 |
[14:34] | Well, we’re gonna ask him again. | 我们再去找他 |
[14:36] | And this time, we won’t let him say no. | 这次我们让他没法拒绝 |
[14:42] | Teri, I need you to file a motion. | 泰丽 我要你提出一项申请 |
[14:44] | – For the vampire case? – How did you know? | -为那个吸血鬼案吗 -你怎么知道 |
[14:46] | Bloggers are all over it. | 博客上都传疯了 |
[14:47] | They’re calling Kieran the “Vampire who couldn’t fly,” | 他们把凯伦称为”不会飞的吸血鬼” |
[14:50] | And you’re his fancy new lawyer. | 而你是他的帅气新律师 |
[14:51] | So tell me everything. | 跟我详细说说这个案子 |
[14:52] | Does he sleep hanging upside down or in a coffin? | 他睡觉的时候倒挂金钟或是待在棺材里吗 |
[14:55] | Is he kind of like a sparkly vampire like “Twilight” | 他是《暮光之城》里面那种闪闪发光的吸血鬼 |
[14:57] | or a spooky nut-job like “Dark Shadows?” | 还是《怪诞黑家族》里面那种吓人的疯子 |
[14:59] | Kieran’s just an odd kid looking for attention. | 凯伦只是个求关注的怪孩子 |
[15:01] | Here. File this motion to move his trial to night court. | 给 申请把他的庭审转移到夜间法庭 |
[15:04] | He doesn’t want to go out in the sunlight. | 他不想白天出门 |
[15:05] | Of course not. His skin would burn. | 当然啦 那样他的皮肤会晒伤的 |
[15:08] | You pulled me out of work to ask for money from the trust? | 你上班的时候过来找我就为了要信托里的钱吗 |
[15:11] | It’s important, Bill. | 这非同小可 比尔 |
[15:12] | Request denied. | 我不会给你钱 |
[15:13] | You’ve already sunk $500,000 into your…hobby. | 为了你的爱好 你已经挥霍掉五十万了 |
[15:16] | Hobby? Mr. Harwood, your sister is a saint. | 爱好 哈伍德先生 你妹妹是个好心肠 |
[15:20] | No offense, Ms. Bingum. This is a family matter. | 恕我冒犯 宾格温女士 这是我们的家事 |
[15:23] | I’m not gonna piss away my family legacy | 我不会为了一群吃白饭的人 |
[15:24] | on a bunch of freeloaders. | 挥霍我们的家族遗产 |
[15:26] | You know, I reviewed your trust expenditures, | 我审阅了你们的信托支出 |
[15:29] | and recently, you spent $56,000 | 你最近花了五万六千块 |
[15:33] | on a first-class family vacation to the Bahamas. | 去巴哈马群岛做了一次顶级家庭度假 |
[15:35] | Now, that sounds like “pissing” to me. | 我觉得这才叫挥霍 |
[15:38] | I’m the trustee. | 我是受托人 |
[15:39] | I control the expenses — end of story. | 支出由我控制 就是这样 |
[15:41] | Bill, mom and dad wouldn’t have given you all the control | 比尔 如果爸妈看到我今天的样子 |
[15:43] | – if they could see me today. – You don’t know that. | -才不会让你一手控制遗产 -这可说不准 |
[15:46] | Do you see, Jane? | 你看到没 简 |
[15:48] | Every bit of my life is controlled by this trust, | 我人生中的点点滴滴都受信托控制 |
[15:51] | even this antique watch from our mother. | 甚至包括我妈的这块古董手表 |
[15:53] | It’s worth $20,000, | 它值两万块 |
[15:54] | which could help pay for the work at shelter house, | 可以用来支付庇护之家的整修费用 |
[15:57] | but I can’t sell it because, under the trust, | 但我不能卖 因为根据信托规定 |
[15:59] | I am bound to pass it down to my firstborn daughter | 我要在我长女十八岁的时候 |
[16:01] | on her 18th birthday. | 把表传给她 |
[16:03] | I don’t have a daughter. I can’t even have children. | 我没有女儿 我根本没有生育能力 |
[16:06] | The family put the clause in the trust because they were afraid | 家里在信托中加入这个条款是因为他们怕 |
[16:08] | you were gonna sell family heirlooms to buy drugs. | 你会变卖传家宝去买毒品 |
[16:10] | I haven’t done drugs in 20 years! | 我都二十年没碰过毒品了 |
[16:12] | Okay, if you won’t release the money, | 好吧 你要是不给钱 |
[16:14] | we will have a judge compel you to. | 我们就让法官强迫你给 |
[16:16] | I’ve already filed for an emergency hearing for this afternoon. | 我已经申请了今天下午的紧急听证会 |
[16:18] | Terrific. See you in court. | 很好 法庭上见 |
[16:24] | Mr. Kent, what’s it like representing a vampire? | 肯特先生 做吸血鬼的代理律师是什么感觉 |
[16:26] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[16:27] | What are your chances in court? | 你们在法庭上的胜算是多少 |
[16:28] | Do you think Kieran’s gonna take the stand? | 你觉得凯伦会出庭作证吗 |
[16:29] | I don’t discuss legal strategy. | 我不谈论法律策略 |
[16:31] | Tell me this. Has he tried to suck your blood? | 请问他有没有想吸你的血 |
[16:33] | What? That’s ridiculous. | 什么 这太荒唐了 |
[16:35] | There he is! | 他来了 |
[16:37] | Kieran! Kieran! | 凯伦 凯伦 |
[16:39] | Billy Tyner. Channel 3 News. | 我是三频道新闻的比利·泰纳 |
[16:41] | As a vampire, | 作为吸血鬼 |
[16:42] | what are your biggest concerns heading into trial? | 你参加庭审最大的顾虑是什么 |
[16:47] | What are you doing? What was that? | 你这是干吗 这是什么意思 |
[16:48] | All right. That’s enough. We’re due in court. Let’s go. | 好了 就到这儿吧 我们该出庭了 走吧 |
[16:50] | You promised me night court. | 你答应我去夜间法庭的 |
[16:52] | The judge denied my request. I’ll get the blinds drawn. | 法官拒绝了我的请求 我会把窗帘拉上 |
[16:55] | Kieran, I want you to know | 凯伦 我想告诉你 |
[16:57] | that the vampire community supports you. | 吸血鬼们支持你 |
[16:59] | – You’re the fancy new lawyer? – I guess. | -你就是那位帅气新律师吗 -对 |
[17:00] | Here’s a petition signed by over 50 local vampires. | 这是五十多个本地吸血鬼签署的请愿书 |
[17:03] | Can you please give it to the judge | 能拜托你交给法官 |
[17:04] | and let them know that we demand Kieran’s charges be dropped? | 让他们知道我们要求撤销对凯伦的诉讼吗 |
[17:06] | Court doesn’t really work that way, but thank you. | 法庭不是这么个流程 不过还是谢谢你们 |
[17:11] | Your honor, Mr. Harwood cannot | 法官大人 哈伍德先生不能 |
[17:13] | deny money to Violet for arbitrary reasons. | 以任意理由拒绝付钱给维尔莉特 |
[17:16] | My parents, the grantors of the trust, | 我的父母 即信托的委托人 |
[17:17] | wanted the money protected. | 希望这笔钱得到保护 |
[17:18] | And while that may have been necessary | 尽管在信托设立之初 |
[17:20] | when the trust was established, | 这点很有必要 |
[17:22] | it’s important to look at Violet now — | 但维尔莉特已经今非昔比 |
[17:23] | a responsible, sober, and glamorous adult. | 她是一位负责任 无毒瘾 有魅力的成年人 |
[17:27] | Even so, my parents never intended the money | 即便如此 我父母从未打算把钱 |
[17:29] | to be spent on upgrading a homeless shelter. | 投入到整修庇护之家上 |
[17:34] | Ms. Bingum? | 宾格温女士 |
[17:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:38] | The thing is the terms of the trust must evolve | 关键在于 信托条款必须随受益人的不断成熟 |
[17:41] | with the maturation of the beneficiary. | 而有所改进 |
[17:42] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[17:43] | Bingum just argued that “The terms of the trust must evolve.” | 宾格温刚刚提到”信托条款必须改进” |
[17:46] | She’s no longer challenging me, the trustee. | 她现在质疑的不再是我这位受托人 |
[17:48] | Ms. Bingum is now challenging the trust itself, | 宾格温女士现在质疑的是信托本身 |
[17:51] | and that is a violation of the trust’s in terrorem clause. | 而这违反了信托的警告条款 |
[17:54] | – What? – Paragraph 37, Subsection “B.” | -什么 第37节第2段 |
[17:57] | “Any challenge to the trust by a beneficiary | “如受益人或受益人代理人 |
[17:59] | “Or someone acting on her behalf | 对信托提出任何质疑 |
[18:01] | causes the beneficiary to lose all benefit granted by said trust.” | 均将使其丧失该信托所授予的一切利益” |
[18:05] | Ms. Bingum, Mr. Harwood is correct. | 宾格温女士 哈伍德先生说得对 |
[18:07] | Did you not see the clause? | 你难道没看条款吗 |
[18:09] | Well, I-I thought the fact pattern would distinguish this case. | 我以为此类事实构成会让本案有别于其他案子 |
[18:12] | There are no fact patterns that void an in terrorem clause. | 任何事实构成都无法使警告条款失效 |
[18:15] | I’m sorry, but challenging the trust means | 不好意思 但质疑信托意味着 |
[18:17] | that Ms. Harwood is no longer a beneficiary. | 哈伍德女士丧失其受益人身份 |
[18:20] | Case dismissed. | 案件驳回 |
[18:23] | Uh, what just happened? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[18:24] | I’m so sorry, Violet. I think I just… | 实在抱歉 维尔莉特 我刚才好像… |
[18:28] | I just lost your inheritance. | 我刚才害你失去遗产了 |
[18:35] | You are greedy, selfish, and narrowminded. | 你贪得无厌 自私狭隘 |
[18:37] | I am embarrassed that you are my brother. | 我为有这个哥哥感到羞耻 |
[18:39] | Violet, we need to go. | 维尔莉特 我们走吧 |
[18:41] | Do you think mom and dad would approve | 你觉得爸妈会同意你 |
[18:42] | of how you spend their money? Huh? | 这么乱花他们的钱吗 |
[18:44] | Everybody knows about the milliondollar condo | 你给情妇买了一栋百万豪宅 |
[18:46] | you bought your mistress. | 这事人尽皆知 |
[18:48] | If that’s how you want to play, fine. | 你竟然跟我玩这套 好吧 |
[18:51] | You’re not just cut off. | 我不仅不给你钱 |
[18:52] | I’m going after you under the trust’s clawback provisions. | 我还要根据信托的收回条款把钱都要回来 |
[18:54] | What are you talking about? You’ll have to pay back | -你这是什么意思 -你要把从信托里 |
[18:55] | every dime you’ve ever received from the trust. | 拿走的钱一分不少地还回来 |
[19:01] | Okay, this is not over. We will file an appeal. | 好吧 事情不会就此罢休 我们会提出上诉 |
[19:04] | Please don’t, Jane. You’ve done enough already. | 求你别了 简 你惹的乱子已经够多了 |
[19:11] | Jane! | 简 |
[19:13] | You missed a standard in terrorem clause? | 你竟然漏掉了警告条款中的一条标准 |
[19:14] | That’s basic trusts and estate law! | 这可是基本的信托与财产法啊 |
[19:16] | I was hoping the judge would understand | 我之前是希望法官能理解 |
[19:17] | that I was trying to help a wronged client. | 我想帮助这位被冤枉的委托人 |
[19:19] | You thought a sitting judge would ignore the law | 你觉得以为现任法官会因为你做得对 |
[19:21] | because you were doing the right thing? | 就无视法律吗 |
[19:22] | Okay, when you say it like that it makes me sound like — | 你这么说搞得我听起来像是… |
[19:24] | – Violet. – Stop. | -维尔莉特 -省省吧 |
[19:26] | My whole life is shelter house, | 庇护之家是我人生的全部 |
[19:27] | and I am not about to sell it because of your incompetence. | 我不会因为你的失职就把它卖掉 |
[19:30] | Listen, I am — I am so sorry, | 我实在很抱歉 |
[19:32] | and I will figure out a way to undo this. | 我会想办法弥补过失 |
[19:34] | No, I just spoke with a good lawyer, | 不必了 我刚刚联系了一位好律师 |
[19:36] | who said that I can sue you and this firm for malpractice. | 他说我可以就玩忽职守告你和这家律所 |
[19:39] | – She’s filing right now. – What’s going on here? | -她现在就提起诉讼 -出什么事了 |
[19:41] | Butt out, Tuttle. | 少管闲事 塔特尔 |
[19:42] | Every penny that I owe the trust — | 我欠信托的每一分钱 |
[19:44] | and that’s around $5 million — I will get from this firm. | 大约有五百万 我都要让你们律所出 |
[19:47] | Violet, please, there’s got to be something we can work out. | 维尔莉特 别这样 我们肯定还有的商量 |
[19:50] | We can work something out — in court. | 我们可以在法庭上商量 |
[19:54] | Owen, it’s fine. We have malpractice insurance. | 欧文 没关系 我们有职业过失保险 |
[19:57] | It’s capped at a million, which means that the partners | 保险能赔付一百万 也就是说剩下的钱 |
[20:00] | could be on the hook for the remainder. | 要由合伙人来出 |
[20:01] | – Butt out, Tuttle. – Why are you even still here? | -少管闲事 塔特尔 -你怎么还没走 |
[20:04] | As Parker’s proxy, I can roam these halls freely. | 作为帕克的代理人 我可以随意在走廊闲逛 |
[20:06] | Jane, you do realize that if we lose, | 简 你知道吗 如果我们输了 |
[20:08] | the remaining money comes out of the partners’ pockets? | 剩下的钱要从合伙人的口袋里掏 |
[20:10] | Parker is not gonna be happy about this. | 帕克知道了肯定很生气 |
[20:12] | Butt out, Tuttle! | 少管闲事 塔特尔 |
[20:14] | Owen, I-I messed up, but everything is gonna be okay. | 欧文 我搞砸了 但一切都会好起来的 |
[20:19] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[20:20] | Oh, you want me to trust you? | 你想让我相信你 |
[20:22] | If Kim were here, you’d already be fired. | 金要是在的话 你早就被炒了 |
[20:24] | I will fix this. | 我会将功补过的 |
[20:28] | And when I do, I want you to make me a partner. | 等我处理好之后 我要你让我当合伙人 |
[20:32] | Oh, my god. Oh, my god. | 天啊 天啊 |
[20:34] | You need to have your head examined. | 你脑子有毛病吧 |
[20:35] | Your mistake could bankrupt me. | 你的失误有可能让我破产 |
[20:37] | I am saying, when I can fix my mistake. | 我说的是 等到我弥补了我的过错 |
[20:41] | Now, I’m gonna go prep my case. | 我要去准备案子了 |
[20:43] | Oh, and you’re gonna need to represent me. | 对了 你来做我的代理律师 |
[20:51] | So, Ms. Taylor, you were the flight attendant | 泰勒女士 你就是将迪内斯库先生 |
[20:53] | that had Mr. Dinescu removed from the plane. | 赶下飞机的空乘员 |
[20:54] | You must have felt that he was a threat? | 你一定是认为他造成了威胁 |
[20:56] | Yes. He hissed at me. | 对 他朝我发嘶嘶声 |
[20:58] | So, just to be clear, | 为了明确 我再问一遍 |
[20:59] | you felt that he was a threat to passenger safety? | 你认为他对乘客安全造成了威胁吗 |
[21:02] | Yes. | 对 |
[21:03] | I noticed people staring at him when he boarded the plane. | 在他登机的时候 我发现大家都盯着他看 |
[21:05] | And, frankly, he weirded me out. | 说实话 他吓到我了 |
[21:08] | Nothing further, your honor. | 讯问完毕 法官大人 |
[21:12] | So, Ms. Taylor, | 泰勒女士 |
[21:13] | you thought Kieran was going to bite someone? | 你认为凯伦要咬其他乘客吗 |
[21:16] | He was pale, he wore a cloak and a hood up over his head, | 他面色苍白 穿着斗篷 头上戴着兜帽 |
[21:20] | and he had his arms crossed across his chest | 双臂交叉在胸前 |
[21:22] | like he was laying in a coffin, and — | 就像是躺在棺材里一样 |
[21:23] | So you didn’t like the way he looked? | 这么说你看不惯他的样子 |
[21:25] | Correct. | 对 |
[21:26] | Do you always remove passengers | 当你不喜欢某位乘客的穿着时 |
[21:27] | when you don’t like their clothing? | 都会把他赶下飞机吗 |
[21:28] | Are you the fashion police? | 你是时尚警察吗 |
[21:30] | He said he was a friggin’ vampire. | 他说自己是个吸血鬼 |
[21:32] | Did he threaten you or a passenger? | 你威胁你或其他乘客了吗 |
[21:33] | – No. – Did he have a weapon? | -没有 -他带武器了吗 |
[21:34] | No. | 没有 |
[21:35] | A flight attendant recently removed a passenger for wearing | 最近有位空乘员赶乘客下飞机是因为他穿的 |
[21:38] | a “Princess Bride” T-shirt that read | 《公主新娘》T恤上印着 |
[21:40] | “My name is Inigo Montoya. | “我叫伊尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[21:42] | You killed my father. Prepare to die.” | 你杀了我父亲 准备受死吧” |
[21:44] | Would you call that a threat? | 你觉得这算是威胁吗 |
[21:45] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[21:47] | In that case, the court ruled the flight attendant | 在那个案子中 法庭判空乘员 |
[21:48] | overstepped her authority. | 超越职权 |
[21:49] | Now, it’s important to be vigilant | 有警惕性是好事 |
[21:52] | but not paranoid or vindictive. | 但你不能无端猜疑或有报复心理 |
[21:54] | I think it’s pretty clear the charges against | 我认为凯伦·迪内斯库的案子 |
[21:55] | Kieran Dinescu should be dropped. | 显然应该被驳回 |
[21:57] | – Oh, your honor — – No, I agree with Mr. Kent. | -法官大人 -不 我同意肯特先生的说法 |
[22:00] | We’re done here. Mr. Dinescu, you’re free to go. | 结案了 迪内斯库先生 你可以走了 |
[22:07] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[22:10] | What? Vampires don’t smile when they get good news? | 怎么 吸血鬼听到好消息的时候不会笑吗 |
[22:12] | I just got a text from my boss at the zoo. | 我刚收到动物园老板发来的短信 |
[22:15] | I’ve been fired. | 我被开除了 |
[22:16] | He saw me on the news and told me not to come back to work. | 他在新闻上看到我 说我不用回去上班了 |
[22:20] | – I’m sorry. – I loved that job. | -真遗憾 -我很喜欢那份工作 |
[22:25] | Is there anything you can do to help? | 你能帮帮我吗 |
[22:26] | California allows at-will employees to be fired without cause. | 加州允许无理由任意开除员工 |
[22:36] | How about I call your boss? | 我给你老板打个电话怎么样 |
[22:38] | See if I can work this out. | 看我能不能解决这件事 |
[22:43] | Ms. Bingum, do you consider yourself a good lawyer? | 宾格温女士 你觉得自己是位好律师吗 |
[22:47] | I do. | 是的 |
[22:47] | You prepare extensively before you go into court? | 你在出庭前会做好充分准备吗 |
[22:50] | – I try to, yes. – You try to? | -是的 我会尽力 -你会尽力 |
[22:53] | So, sometimes you waltz into court unprepared? | 这么说你有时候会毫无准备就走上法庭 |
[22:55] | No, of course not. | 当然不会 |
[22:57] | But you missed a standard in terrorem clause. | 可你漏掉了警告条款中的一条标准 |
[23:00] | Could it be that maybe you didn’t give my client’s case | 这是否可能是因为你由于心烦意乱 |
[23:02] | enough prep time because you were distracted? | 而没有足够时间准备我方委托人的案子 |
[23:05] | I’m not sure what you mean. | 我不太明白你的意思 |
[23:06] | It’s common knowledge around town | 大家都知道 |
[23:08] | that Harrison & Parker is fighting for its life. | 哈里森·帕克律所在挣扎保命 |
[23:11] | I’d find that distracting. | 我觉得这种事会让人分心 |
[23:14] | Well, it is upsetting. | 我确实很难过 |
[23:16] | I’ve given my whole life to H&P. | 我把一辈子都献给了哈帕律所 |
[23:20] | You know, and the people are… | 那里的同事 |
[23:24] | They’re like my family. | 他们就像是我的亲人 |
[23:27] | And the whole place could just be gone within a week. | 整家律所再过一周就不复存在了 |
[23:33] | That’s a lot of pressure on me. | 这给了我很大压力 |
[23:35] | What about your home life? Any distractions there? | 那你的私生活呢 有让你分心的事吗 |
[23:39] | Nothing stands out. | 没什么特别的 |
[23:41] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[23:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:46] | Okay. Uh, my home life. Let’s see. | 好吧 我的私生活 我想想 |
[23:50] | Oh, well, my best friend | 我最好的朋友 |
[23:52] | is being inseminated by my ex-fiance? | 正在接受我前未婚夫的人工授精 |
[23:55] | Who is also my boss and my lawyer for the purposes of this case. | 他还是我的老板兼本案律师 |
[23:58] | And while I am totally supportive of that arrangement, | 虽说我完全支持他们的决定 |
[24:03] | it… | 但是 |
[24:07] | I guess it does affect me | 但它确实对我有所影响 |
[24:08] | in ways that I couldn’t…foresee. | 以我无法预见的方式 |
[24:13] | So, maybe you’re a little bit right. | 你说得可能没错 |
[24:17] | My life is changing on all fronts, and… | 我生活的各个方面都在发生变化 |
[24:23] | …I have no control over any of it. | 但我却束手无策 |
[24:28] | So if you’re asking me if I was distracted… | 所以你要是问我是否心烦意乱 |
[24:34] | …yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[24:37] | I was distracted. | 我确实有所分心 |
[24:39] | And I know that that’s why you’re suing me. | 我知道你们就是因为这个才把我告上法庭的 |
[24:44] | And I’m so sorry. I am sorry. | 对不起 实在对不起 |
[24:48] | Can I go now? | 我可以走了吗 |
[24:49] | I’m ordering a recess. | 休庭 |
[24:52] | Ms. Bingum, I suggest you get some rest. | 宾格温女士 我建议你休息一下 |
[25:07] | Hey, boss. I brought you a magnetic bracelet. | 老板 我给你买了条磁性手链 |
[25:10] | It’s supposed to calm you down from traumatic events like car accidents | 如果遭遇车祸或是在证人席上崩溃这类重创 |
[25:13] | or melting down on the stand. | 它能帮你平复心情 |
[25:14] | It wasn’t that bad. | 其实也没那么糟糕 |
[25:16] | I got e-mails from the bailiff and the coffee-cart guy. | 我收到了法警和咖啡小贩发来的邮件 |
[25:20] | They’re concerned. | 他们很担心你 |
[25:22] | Is that how you practice law here? | 你就是这么当律师的吗 |
[25:25] | Behaving like a complete lunatic? | 疯疯癫癫 情绪失控 |
[25:27] | Violet’s lawyer was really coming at me. | 维尔莉特的律师对我各种逼问 |
[25:29] | And it didn’t help to see your smug face in the gallery. | 在走廊里看见你自鸣得意的样子 我更焦虑了 |
[25:32] | You were completely unprofessional. | 你太不专业了 |
[25:35] | I am not going to let a complete stranger berate me. | 我都不认识你 你凭什么责骂我 |
[25:39] | I’m gonna go get some air. | 我要出去透透气 |
[25:41] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[25:43] | You are a mean, mean man. | 你太刻薄了 |
[25:45] | And if you expect me to validate your parking now, | 你要是指望我现在批准你在外面停车 |
[25:47] | you are out of luck. | 根本没门 |
[25:49] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[25:53] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[25:55] | Kieran called. Did you speak to his boss? | 凯伦打来电话 你跟他老板谈过了吗 |
[25:57] | Yes, I did. | 谈过了 |
[25:58] | The zoo fired him because parents heard about the “freak” | 动物园开除他是因为家长们听说了 |
[26:00] | who worked in the nighttime animal exhibit. | 那个在夜间动物展区工作的”怪胎” |
[26:02] | Kieran’s not getting his job back | 除非凯伦不再假扮吸血鬼 |
[26:04] | till he stops with the vampire nonsense. | 否则不能回去上班 |
[26:06] | You need to see this. I found it on YouTube. | 快看这个 我在油管上找到的 |
[26:08] | Kieran made it a few years ago. | 这是凯伦几年前拍的 |
[26:11] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[26:12] | I don’t play sports or have a lot of friends. | 我不爱运动 也没几个朋友 |
[26:15] | I’m an easy target, | 我很好欺负 |
[26:18] | but I don’t know how much more I can take, | 但我不知道自己还能承受多久 |
[26:19] | so please just stop. | 所以拜托你们停手吧 |
[26:21] | Stop getting in my face. Stop pushing me around. | 别再找我麻烦了 别再欺负我了 |
[26:23] | Just… | 就… |
[26:27] | Would it make you happy if I just went away…forever? | 如果我永远消失 你们就高兴了吗 |
[26:34] | He sounds like he was going to kill himself. | 听口气他好像要自杀 |
[26:36] | But instead he pretended to be a vampire to protect himself. | 但后来他假装成吸血鬼来保护自己 |
[26:40] | Maybe he thought if people were freaked out by him, | 他可能以为如果大家被他吓到 |
[26:42] | they’d leave him alone. | 就不会烦他了 |
[26:44] | And it worked. | 这招真的管用 |
[26:46] | He has no friends, doesn’t talk to his family. | 他没有朋友 不跟家人来往 |
[26:49] | Kid’s a total loner. | 这孩子独来独往 |
[26:51] | I hate bullies. | 我讨厌恶霸 |
[26:52] | But you know who pisses me off even more? | 但你知道我更恨什么样的人吗 |
[26:54] | The kids who watch and do nothing. | 看着别人被欺负却袖手旁观的孩子 |
[26:57] | Teri, call the court clerk | 泰丽 打电话给书记员 |
[26:58] | and get us on the docket A.S.A.P. | 让我们的案子尽快受审 |
[27:00] | I thought you said we didn’t have a case for wrongful termination? | 你不是说不正当解雇没法立案吗 |
[27:02] | I don’t think we do. | 确实是这样 |
[27:03] | But a kid like Kieran needs to see | 但我想让凯伦知道 |
[27:04] | that other people will fight for him. | 有人愿意为他争取利益 |
[27:08] | Your honor, I’m bringing an action against the zoo for wrongful termination | 法官大人 我根据《加州公平就业和住房法》 |
[27:11] | under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. | 以不正当解雇罪向动物园提起诉讼 |
[27:14] | Kieran Dinescu was fed because he is a vampire. | 凯伦·迪内斯库因为是吸血鬼而被解雇 |
[27:17] | You’re contending that vampires are a race? | 你认为吸血鬼是一个种族吗 |
[27:19] | If a Native American Irishman had a baby with an Asian-Latina, | 如果印第安爱尔兰混血和亚洲拉丁混血生下一个孩子 |
[27:23] | what race would that child be? | 这个孩子是什么种族 |
[27:24] | The truth is, it doesn’t matter. | 事实上这并不重要 |
[27:26] | What matters is that child deserves protection. | 重要的是这个孩子应该受到保护 |
[27:28] | The distinctions of race exist to protect people | 种族区分的存在是为了保护那些 |
[27:31] | who experience the oppression of being a minority. | 作为少数人而遭受欺压的人们 |
[27:34] | Vampires are a minority. | 吸血鬼就是少数人 |
[27:35] | And Kieran was discriminated against | 凯伦因为自己所定义的身份 |
[27:37] | because of who he is perceived to be. | 而遭到了歧视 |
[27:39] | Mr. Kent, are you asking that vampires | 肯特先生 你是请求将吸血鬼 |
[27:41] | be considered a protected class? | 列为受保护人群吗 |
[27:43] | Yes, absolutely. | 没错 |
[27:46] | You know what, your honor, for the purpose of this litigation, | 法官大人 针对此次诉讼 |
[27:49] | we will stipulate that vampires are a protected class. | 我们将吸血鬼规定为受保护人群 |
[27:52] | We ask only for a brief recess to rethink our argument. | 我们请求短暂休庭 重新考虑论据 |
[27:56] | Well, this ought to be something. | 这件案子肯定非同一般 |
[28:03] | Do you have a second? | 你现在有空吗 |
[28:05] | Of course. Please, sit down. | 当然了 请坐 |
[28:08] | So, I’m a little confused about this amendment. | 我对这份修订协议有点疑惑 |
[28:11] | If my child wants to know your identity, | 如果我的孩子想知道你的身份 |
[28:14] | why would you want to hide it? | 你为何想要隐瞒呢 |
[28:17] | Stacy, someday I want to have a family of my own. | 史黛西 我将来也想组建自己的家庭 |
[28:21] | If your child knows who I am, | 如果你的孩子知道我是谁 |
[28:24] | it could complicate things. | 可能会把事情搞复杂 |
[28:25] | But what if he or she | 如果他或她 |
[28:28] | is curious about where they came from? | 想知道自己是从哪儿来的怎么办 |
[28:30] | You know, I want to be able to tell them | 我想告诉他们 |
[28:31] | that they’ve got a really awesome dad. | 他们有个了不起的爸爸 |
[28:34] | “Dad.” | 爸爸 |
[28:36] | See, you said “Dad.” | 瞧 你用了”爸爸”这个词 |
[28:38] | but you didn’t get a dad. You got a sperm donor. | 但我不是孩子的爸爸 只是个捐精人 |
[28:41] | That’s what you asked for. | 你要的只是我的精子 |
[28:42] | I wrote up the amendment because | 我起草这份修订协议是因为 |
[28:43] | I-I sensed you might be looking for more. | 我感觉你想要的不止精子这么简单 |
[28:47] | Right. Okay. | 对 好吧 |
[28:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:51] | I’m gonna go home and sign the amendment | 我会回家签好修订协议 |
[28:54] | and then I’ll bring it back. | 再给你送回来 |
[29:03] | Mr. Dinescu, vampires are sensitive to garlic, correct? | 迪内斯库先生 吸血鬼对大蒜过敏 对吧 |
[29:07] | If garlic’s anywhere near me, I become violently ill. | 如果附近有大蒜 我就会暴病 |
[29:11] | Would you mind reaching under your chair? | 请你看看椅子底下有什么 |
[29:24] | What was that? | 那是什么啊 |
[29:25] | Garlic. | 大蒜 |
[29:26] | And how are you feeling? | 你现在感觉如何 |
[29:28] | Objection. Badgering. | 反对 纠缠证人 |
[29:30] | Your honor, since we stipulated | 法官大人 既然针对此次听证会 |
[29:31] | that vampires are a protected class for the purposes of this hearing, | 我们规定吸血鬼是受保护人群 |
[29:35] | I’m trying to establish whether or not | 我想要明确 |
[29:37] | Mr. Dinescu is a member of the vampire race. | 迪内斯库先生是否为吸血鬼种族的一员 |
[29:40] | Overruled. Proceed. | 反对无效 继续讯问 |
[29:42] | Vampires don’t age, correct? | 吸血鬼不会变老 对吧 |
[29:46] | You remain the age you were when you became a vampire. | 你会停留在你变成吸血鬼的年龄 |
[29:50] | And when did you become a vampire? | 你是何时变成吸血鬼的 |
[29:53] | I was turned about five years ago. | 五年前 |
[29:55] | I’d like to enter into evidence Exhibit “F,” | 我要呈上证据己 |
[29:58] | a photo of Kieran Dinescu when he was 15. | 一张凯伦·迪内斯库十五岁时的照片 |
[30:02] | Do you think you look older today? | 你觉得自己现在看着变老了吗 |
[30:06] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[30:07] | Let’s talk about blood, which you need to survive. | 我们来谈谈你赖以为生的人血 |
[30:12] | What if I told you that I am a willing victim? | 如果我自愿让你吸血呢 |
[30:15] | So, go ahead, express some fangs, and bite my neck. | 来吧 把尖牙露出来 咬我脖子一口 |
[30:20] | – Objection. Badgering. – Agreed. | -反对 纠缠证人 -反对有效 |
[30:22] | Pull it back, counselor. | 收回这招 律师 |
[30:23] | Your honor, vampires are also unable to be seen in mirrors. | 法官大人 吸血鬼在镜子中照不出映像 |
[30:28] | Let’s see if this holds true for Mr. Dinescu. | 我们来看看迪内斯库先生是不是这样 |
[30:34] | Okay, that’s enough. | 好了 请住手 |
[30:35] | Do you see your reflection? | 你看到自己的映像了吗 |
[30:36] | I said enough! | 我说了请住手 |
[30:37] | Mr. Kent, stay calm. | 肯特先生 冷静点 |
[30:39] | Obviously, Kieran is not a vampire. | 凯伦显然不是吸血鬼 |
[30:43] | He’s just a confused young man. | 他只不过是个迷茫的少年 |
[30:53] | Kieran. | 凯伦 |
[30:56] | Kieran! | 凯伦 |
[31:00] | Recess, your honor? | 请求休庭 法官大人 |
[31:01] | Granted. | 批准 |
[31:08] | – Kieran! – Leave me alone. | -凯伦 -别管我 |
[31:09] | Look, that lawyer had no right to harass you like that. | 那个律师没权利像那样骚扰你 |
[31:11] | – I can deal with it. – I want to help you. | -我能处理好 -我想帮你 |
[31:12] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[31:14] | Because you want to feel better about yourself? | 因为你想要更有自信吗 |
[31:16] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[31:19] | Has anyone ever made you feel like a loser? | 有没有人让你觉得自己像个失败者 |
[31:22] | You were probably a jock. | 你以前大概是个运动员 |
[31:23] | You probably got straight A’s and dated a cheerleader. | 你可能成绩全优 还跟啦啦队长约过会 |
[31:27] | Kieran, wait. | 凯伦 等等 |
[31:32] | Look, I can’t pretend to know what you’ve been through, | 我对你的经历确实没有切身感受 |
[31:35] | but I know you don’t have to be alone. | 但我知道你不必孤身一人 |
[31:39] | All these people came to cheer you on. | 有这么多人为你鼓劲 |
[31:42] | And as a former jock, | 作为前任运动员 |
[31:44] | I can tell you it feels good to have fans. | 我可以告诉你坐拥粉丝的感觉很棒 |
[31:50] | And I’m gonna keep fighting to get you your job back. | 我会继续为你把工作争取回来 |
[31:56] | I don’t think your vampire-race argument’s gonna work. | 我觉得你用吸血鬼种族来辩护是没用的 |
[32:01] | Well, I’m like a vampire. | 我就像吸血鬼一样 |
[32:03] | Till you shoot me with a silver bullet, I keep going. | 除非你用银子弹射我一枪 否则我就勇往直前 |
[32:05] | That’s a werewolf, but nice try. | 那是狼人 不过谢谢你这么尽心 |
[32:14] | I’m putting you back on the stand. | 我会让你继续出庭作证 |
[32:15] | I’m gonna ask the questions. | 我来向你提问 |
[32:16] | You’re gonna answer “Yes” or “No.” | 你只能回答”是”或”否” |
[32:18] | No colorful commentary. | 不准添油加醋 |
[32:19] | I will be fine. Calm and professional. | 我会好好表现的 冷静而专业 |
[32:22] | Pardon the interruption. | 抱歉打扰 |
[32:23] | Tuttle, what do you want? | 塔特尔 你想干什么 |
[32:25] | Parker has made a decision about his future with H&P. | 帕克决定怎么处理哈帕律所了 |
[32:28] | – Yes, we’re aware he’s selling. – That’s old news. | -我们知道他要卖掉 -那是之前 |
[32:30] | Pursuant to Paragraph 12, Subsection 4 | 依照律所的合伙协议 |
[32:33] | of the firm’s partnership agreement, | 第12节第4段 |
[32:35] | a founding member has the right to surrender his stake | 若创始成员目前不在该律所工作 |
[32:38] | if he is not currently working at the firm. | 则有权放弃其股份 |
[32:40] | So now that we’re losing a malpractice case, | 我们要输掉这个玩忽职守案了 |
[32:41] | Parker wants to bail before the verdict | 帕克想在裁决前抽身 |
[32:43] | and leave Kim and I to pay the damages. | 留我和金来赔偿损失 |
[32:45] | Hey, no one said we were gonna lose. | 谁说我们会输的 |
[32:47] | Based on my assessment, you’re going to lose. | 根据我的评估 你们会输 |
[32:50] | Hence, Parker’s signed notice of surrender, dated today. | 因此 帕克签署了弃权书 今天生效 |
[32:54] | Parker’s no longer a partner? | 帕克不做合伙人了 |
[32:55] | That’s right. He’s cutting his losses. | 是的 他要削减自己的损失 |
[32:59] | Adieu, adios, ta-ta. | 再见[法] 再见[西] 再见[英] |
[33:02] | Oh, and best of luck. You’re going to need it. | 祝你们好运 因为你们凶多吉少 |
[33:09] | So without Parker, | 既然帕克不在了 |
[33:11] | we should discuss my partnership. | 我们应该商量一下我做合伙人的问题了 |
[33:13] | Partner of what? There’s not gonna be a firm. | 什么合伙人 我们连律所都保不住了 |
[33:15] | Owen, like I said, I am going to fix this, | 欧文 我说过 我会搞定这件事 |
[33:18] | and then I’m gonna redecorate that lobby. | 然后我还要重新装修大厅 |
[33:21] | – I’m thinking leather sofas. – You know what? | -我想要皮质沙发 -行 |
[33:22] | Fine. Fine. | 就这么定了 |
[33:23] | If you can find a way to get us out of this mess, | 你要是能想办法收拾好这个烂摊子 |
[33:25] | Forget partner. I’ll make you queen. | 别说合伙人了 我让你当王后都行 |
[33:26] | I have always wanted to be royalty. | 我一直想当皇室 |
[33:29] | Okay, we’re due back in court, | 好了 我们该回法庭了 |
[33:30] | but first I want to chitchat with that judge. | 但我要先跟法官闲聊几句 |
[33:31] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[33:32] | Owen, you need to trust me. | 欧文 你要相信我 |
[33:39] | Let me get this straight, Ms. Bingum. | 你听我理解得对不对 宾格温女士 |
[33:41] | You called us here to argue on behalf of Violet Harwood, | 你找我们过来是要为维尔莉特·哈伍德辩护 |
[33:46] | who is currently suing you for malpractice? | 而她正在告你玩忽职守 |
[33:49] | Right. That’s right. | 对 没错 |
[33:50] | In advocating for Violet, my former client, | 为我的前委托人维尔莉特辩护之后 |
[33:53] | I believe that the malpractice case against me will be dismissed. | 状告我的玩忽职守案应该就能撤销了 |
[33:56] | – Do you know what this is about? – No, your honor. | -你知道这是怎么回事吗 -不知道 法官大人 |
[33:59] | At this point, my client has gone rogue. | 我的委托人开始自行其是了 |
[34:01] | And are you feeling okay, Ms. Bingum? | 你感觉还好吗 宾格温女士 |
[34:04] | Oh, never better. | 再好不过了 |
[34:05] | Violet, please tell the judge about your watch. | 维尔莉特 请把手表的事情告诉法官 |
[34:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:08] | Um, my mother left this to me in the trust | 我母亲在信托中留了这块表给我 |
[34:11] | with instructions to pass it on to my firstborn daughter | 并指定我要在我的长女十八岁的时候 |
[34:13] | on her 18th birthday, | 把手表传给她 |
[34:15] | and then to her daughter on her 18th birthday, | 而她要在她女儿十八岁的时候传给她女儿 |
[34:17] | and so on down the line. | 就这样一代代传下去 |
[34:20] | Kind of sounds like a dead hand clause to me. | 我觉得这像是死亡之手条款 |
[34:22] | What’s going on here? | 你这是什么意思 |
[34:24] | You know, a dead hand clause | 死亡之手条款是为了防止 |
[34:26] | prevents dead people from exercising control from the grave, | 过世的人对超过一代以上的后辈 |
[34:28] | beyond a single generation. | 行使控制 |
[34:31] | So, for example, your parents cannot require you | 比如说 你的父母不能要求你 |
[34:34] | to give your watch to your firstborn daughter — | 把你的手表传给你的长女 |
[34:37] | someone who did not exist when they died. | 即他们去世时还不存在的人 |
[34:40] | And since such a clause exists, the whole trust is invalid. | 由于这个条款存在 所以整个信托无效 |
[34:44] | You’re trying to invalidate the entire trust | 你想因为一个术语 |
[34:46] | because of a technicality? | 就使整个信托失效 |
[34:47] | Why not? | 有何不可呢 |
[34:48] | We already know you’re a big fan of technicalities. | 我们都知道你很爱把玩术语 |
[34:51] | And what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. | 我不过是有样学样而已 |
[34:53] | And I say we cook this goose. | 现在还治其人之身了 |
[34:54] | Your honor, this is crazy. | 法官大人 这太荒唐了 |
[34:59] | Mr. Harwood, Ms. Bingum is correct. | 哈伍德先生 宾格温女士说得对 |
[35:01] | The underlying assets shall be distributed 50/50 | 相关财产由你和你妹妹 |
[35:03] | between the two beneficiaries, you and your sister. | 两位受益人平分 |
[35:07] | More than enough to fix shelter house. | 足够翻修庇护之家的了 |
[35:08] | I assume you want to drop the malpractice suit | 你应该要撤销对宾格温女士及其律所的 |
[35:10] | – against Ms. Bingum and her firm? – Absolutely. | -玩忽职守案吧 -当然了 |
[35:13] | So ordered. We are done here. | 批准 可以结案了 |
[35:18] | I should have known you were too smart to mess up an in terrorem. | 我就知道像你这么聪明不会不知道警告条款 |
[35:20] | I don’t know what you mean. | 你这是什么意思 |
[35:21] | Oh, come on. You planned the whole thing out. | 得了吧 整件事都是你一手策划的 |
[35:23] | – And Violet was in on it. – Shh! | -维尔莉特也是同谋 -嘘 |
[35:27] | I told you to trust me. | 我就说让你相信我嘛 |
[35:30] | I told you I would fix it. | 我说了会搞定这件事 |
[35:32] | You knew you could challenge the dead hand clause. | 你知道你可以质疑死亡之手条款 |
[35:34] | You knew it. You had the whole thing mapped out. | 你早就知道 你从一开始就计划好了 |
[35:36] | Well, it wasn’t easy. I had to wait till Tuttle | 说来并不简单 我要一直等到塔特尔 |
[35:39] | handed over Parker’s right of surrender. | 交出帕克的弃权书 |
[35:41] | But now that Parker’s no longer a partner, | 不过既然帕克现在不是合伙人了 |
[35:44] | you don’t have to buy him out. | 你就不用买下律所了 |
[35:47] | Jane, that breakdown on the stand, | 简 你在证人席上崩溃的样子 |
[35:49] | that was…really convincing. | 真的很有说服力 |
[35:51] | Acting. | 我演技好啊 |
[35:54] | Nice job…partner. | 干得漂亮 合伙人 |
[36:01] | Thanks for coming in. It’s good to see you again. | 谢谢你们抽空过来 又见到你们很高兴 |
[36:03] | She was number one on the petition. | 她是第一个在请愿书上签字的 |
[36:05] | I called her. | 我给她打了电话 |
[36:06] | Good. | 很好 |
[36:07] | So, I was looking at your files from the zoo, | 我看了你在动物园的档案 |
[36:09] | and I noticed you worked 60 hours a week, | 我发现你每周工作六十个小时 |
[36:10] | but you never got healthcare per the employment manual. | 但按照员工手册 你没有医保 |
[36:13] | Now, that’s a policy violation, | 这违反了政策 |
[36:14] | so we might be able to compel your boss to rehire you. | 所以我们应该可以强迫你老板重新雇佣你 |
[36:16] | No. | 不必了 |
[36:18] | I mean, no, thank you. | 不必了 谢谢你 |
[36:21] | That’s very nice of you, but you can stop fighting. | 你很尽心 不过你不用再为我争取了 |
[36:23] | Seriously, I want to help. | 说真的 我想帮你 |
[36:24] | I got a better job. | 我找到了一份更好的工作 |
[36:25] | A guy on the petition owns a veterinary clinic, | 签请愿书的一个人有家兽医诊所 |
[36:28] | and he needed help on the graveyard shift. | 他需要找人值夜班 |
[36:30] | Twice my hourly rate, plus all the blood I can drink. | 时薪翻倍 而且吸血管饱 |
[36:35] | Kidding. | 开玩笑啦 |
[36:36] | She says I need to lighten up. | 她说我应该活泼点 |
[36:39] | Well, I’m happy for you. | 我为你高兴 |
[36:43] | Both of you. | 你们两个都是 |
[36:46] | You realize when Parker finds out we didn’t lose the malpractice, | 你知道等帕克发现我们没输掉玩忽职守案 |
[36:49] | he’s gonna go ballistic. | 他会暴怒的 |
[36:50] | That’s another reason I’m glad he’s in Canada. | 幸好他在加拿大 |
[36:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:53] | Jane, what you said on the stand, | 简 你在证人席上说 |
[36:55] | – about this place feeling like family — – Again, I was acting. | -律所就像是你的家 -那也是在演戏 |
[36:58] | Yeah. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[37:00] | Still, Parker turned his back on the firm. | 不管怎么说 帕克抛弃了律所 |
[37:05] | His departure had to hurt. | 他要为自己的离开付出代价 |
[37:09] | As far as I’m concerned, you stuck it to him. | 我觉得是你对他做出了惩罚 |
[37:15] | Oh, after you. | 你先请 |
[37:16] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[37:20] | – What is happening? – I called ahead. | -这是怎么回事 -我提前打了电话 |
[37:22] | Everyone, here’s to the second-best-dressed woman at this firm, | 各位 这杯敬全律所第二会打扮的女人 |
[37:26] | a toast to my boss, Jane Bingum, our newest partner. | 我的老板简·宾格温 我们的新合伙人 |
[37:30] | Hear, hear! | 干杯 |
[37:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:33] | Play that funky music, white boy. | 放音乐吧 白人小子 |
[37:39] | Um, I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[37:43] | – Partner! – Yes. | -你当上合伙人啦 -是啊 |
[37:45] | I’m so proud of you! | 我真为你骄傲 |
[37:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:49] | And I have some big news, too. | 我也有重要消息要告诉你 |
[37:51] | – What? – I’m pregnant. | -什么事 -我怀孕了 |
[37:53] | You are? | 是吗 |
[37:54] | You are. That’s amazing! | 你怀孕了 太棒了 |
[37:56] | Thank you. I have never been happier. | 谢谢 我从没这么高兴过 |
[37:59] | Am I glowing yet? | 我面泛红光了吗 |
[37:59] | I think you are. | 是啊 |
[38:01] | Wait. What about Owen’s amendment? | 等等 那欧文的修订协议呢 |
[38:03] | I signed it. | 我签了 |
[38:04] | I don’t want to bring my child into the world | 我不想让我的孩子 |
[38:06] | with any kind of conflicts. | 身陷任何冲突 |
[38:08] | You’re doing what’s best for your baby. | 这样对孩子最好 |
[38:10] | All right, so, I’m gonna go tell Owen the big news | 好了 我要去把这个重大消息告诉欧文 |
[38:11] | and bring him the signed document. | 再把签署的文件交给他 |
[38:13] | Okay. Okay. | 好 |
[38:14] | I will see you at home, Aunt Jane. | 我们回家见 简姨妈 |
[38:16] | I’m gonna be Aunt Jane. | 我要当姨妈啦 |
[38:24] | – Congratulations, partner. – Oh, thank you. | -恭喜你 合伙人 -谢谢 |
[38:27] | Well, and I’m sure you’ll make partner yourself in no time. | 我相信你也会很快当上合伙人的 |
[38:30] | Uh, so, this isn’t easy for me to say to you. | 这番话 我很难对你开口 |
[38:35] | But now that you’re a partner, | 但既然你当上了合伙人 |
[38:37] | you need to know, per the firm’s policy. | 根据律所规定 你有权知道 |
[38:40] | Okay, what’s going on? | 好吧 什么事 |
[38:42] | I’m dating Nicole. | 我在跟妮可约会 |
[38:51] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[38:52] | And per the firm’s policy, you needed to tell me that. | 根据律所规定 你要向我汇报 |
[38:57] | Yes. | 对 |
[38:58] | I mean, you know I had feelings for you, | 你知道我之前对你有感觉 |
[39:01] | but how much rejection can a guy take, right? | 但谁也经不起那么多次拒绝 不是吗 |
[39:07] | Right. Of course. | 是啊 没错 |
[39:11] | Well, I… | 我 |
[39:13] | I hope that you and Nicole will — will be… | 我希望你和妮可… |
[39:21] | Uh, I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 不好意思 失陪 |
[39:36] | Hey. What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[39:39] | Everyone is in there partying, and you’re… | 大家都在狂欢 你怎么… |
[39:43] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗 |
[39:45] | Maybe just a little. | 算是吧 |
[39:47] | But you just made partner. | 可是你刚当上合伙人啊 |
[39:49] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[39:51] | And that is something the old Jane would have | 换做是原来的简 |
[39:53] | would have really been excited about. | 碰上这种事一定高兴坏了 |
[39:57] | And I am proud, too. I am. It’s just… | 我也很自豪 只是… |
[40:00] | It’s just my life isn’t just about my job. | 工作并不是我生活的全部 |
[40:04] | This is about Grayson. | 你是为格雷森哭 |
[40:06] | I do not want to talk about Grayson with you. | 我不想跟你讨论格雷森 |
[40:08] | You just want to keep us apart. | 你想把我们分开 |
[40:09] | Not true. I want you to be happy. | 不对 我希望你能幸福 |
[40:12] | Don’t the rules say that I shouldn’t be with Grayson | 规定不是说我不该跟格雷森在一起 |
[40:14] | because he was my soul mate | 因为他是我的灵魂伴侣 |
[40:16] | and now I’m Jane and I should move on with this life? | 而现在我是简 我应该继续过她的生活吗 |
[40:19] | I guess. | 大概是吧 |
[40:20] | Yeah, and won’t you get in trouble | 我要是不遵守规定 |
[40:21] | if I don’t follow the rules? | 你不会惹上麻烦吗 |
[40:23] | Maybe. I don’t know. | 可能吧 我也不清楚 |
[40:26] | Look, Jane. I don’t care about the rules. | 简 我不在乎规定 |
[40:28] | Life is short. | 人生苦短 |
[40:30] | And if you don’t like the rules, then let’s make new ones. | 你要是不喜欢那些规定 我们就再制定新的 |
[40:35] | You’re either a really bad guardian angel or | 你要么就是个不称职的守护天使 |
[40:38] | Or… a really good friend? | 要么就是个称职的朋友 |
[40:45] | Hey. That is your party in there. | 他们在为你举办派对 |
[40:48] | Now, I say– I say we go celebrate | 我们快去庆祝前任模特 |
[40:50] | a former model who just made partner. | 升任合伙人吧 |
[40:54] | That doesn’t happen every day. | 这种好事可不是天天都有哦 |
[40:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:00] | Thank you, Paul. | 谢谢你 保罗 |
[41:07] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[41:09] | There you are, Jane. | 你在那儿啊 简 |
[41:13] | Here you go, all signed, and I need to tell you — | 搞定了 都签好了 我要告诉你 |
[41:15] | Bup, bup. | 先等等 |
[41:17] | I’ve been thinking about our conversation. | 我又考虑了我们之前的对话 |
[41:19] | And, as the child’s mother, | 作为孩子的母亲 |
[41:21] | I have to respect that you didn’t want to sign that amendment | 我要理解你不想签这份修订协议 |
[41:23] | because you didn’t think it was in the best interest of the child. | 是因为你觉得这不完全符合孩子的利益 |
[41:25] | That’s true, but, see, I — | 没错 可是我 |
[41:27] | I’m still not sure how involved I want to be with the baby. | 我还是不确定想跟这个孩子保持何种关系 |
[41:30] | But… | 不过 |
[41:32] | If you trust me enough to use my sperm, | 如果既然你信任我为你捐精 |
[41:36] | then I have to trust that we’re gonna be able to figure out a way | 那我就要相信我们能想出办法 |
[41:38] | to talk to the kid about who I am, so… | 告诉孩子我的身份 所以 |
[41:43] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好了 -好了 |
[41:44] | Owen, I’m pregnant. | 欧文 我怀孕了 |
[41:47] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[41:49] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[41:50] | Yeah, I took the test an hour ago. | 我一小时前刚刚验过孕 |
[41:51] | That’s fantastic, Stacy. Congratulations. | 太棒了 史黛西 恭喜你 |