时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:04] | That’s me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:08] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:10] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:14] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:19] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:21] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | Well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:42] | Good morning! I made you coffee. | 早上好 我给你煮了咖啡 |
[00:45] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[00:48] | Jane, we need to talk. | 简 我们得谈谈 |
[00:50] | I’m late for work. | 我上班要迟到了 |
[00:51] | Yeah, but, Jane… | 可是简… |
[00:53] | Not a good time. | 这会谈不合适 |
[00:55] | Maybe later. | 晚点再说吧 |
[00:56] | Well, last night, I told you | 昨晚我跟你说 |
[00:58] | that I wanted Owen to be my sperm donor, | 想让欧文做我的捐精者 |
[01:00] | and I really want your blessing, | 我很希望得到你的祝福 |
[01:01] | but you haven’t said a word to me. | 可你一句话都没说 |
[01:03] | Here’s two words — “Gotta go.” | 那你听好了 “我得走了” |
[01:11] | Will you zip me up? | 帮我把拉链拉上吧 |
[01:12] | Well, it’s more fun zipping you down. | 还是帮你拉下来比较有意思 |
[01:16] | You know, we’ve got a little time. | 其实我们还有点时间 |
[01:19] | Maybe you have a little time. | 你可能还有时间 |
[01:23] | But I got to beat Kim to the office. | 但我得比金早到办公室 |
[01:25] | Roger that. | 懂了 |
[01:26] | Give me a head start? Let’s say 10 minutes? | 我要稍微提前点 十分钟左右 |
[01:30] | So we don’t arrive together like yesterday? | 这么说我们就不能像昨天似的一起去上班了 |
[01:32] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[01:34] | I wouldn’t want to feed that rumor mill. | 我可不想落人口实 |
[01:35] | By “Rumor mill,” you mean… | 你说的”人”是… |
[01:37] | Teri. | 泰丽 |
[01:39] | All right, I’ll see you at the office. | 那好 办公室见 |
[01:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:52] | Did I just see a boy run into my office? | 刚刚是有个男孩跑进我办公室了吗 |
[01:54] | Yes, you did. Herbal tea for you. | 是的 没错 你的花茶 |
[01:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:57] | These are for the kids. | 这些是给孩子们的 |
[01:59] | There’s more than one? | 意思是不止一个孩子 |
[02:00] | And their coach is in your office. | 他们的教练也在你办公室 |
[02:08] | Kimmy! Whoa! You’re enormous! | 小金 你的肚子可真大啊 |
[02:10] | Dad, what are you doing here? | 爸 你怎么会在这 |
[02:13] | Hey, hey, kid. Wipe your paws. | 小朋友 把你的手擦干净 |
[02:17] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[02:18] | Well, I was, uh, just explaining a little problem here to Owen. | 我在跟欧文讲我们遇到的小麻烦 |
[02:23] | He’s a good man, by the way. | 他可真是好人 |
[02:24] | Oh, right back at you, Larry. | 你也是 拉瑞 |
[02:26] | So… | 什么麻烦 |
[02:27] | I’ve been working at a local park — maintenance. | 我在当地的一家公园做养护工作 |
[02:29] | It doesn’t pay much, | 工资不高 |
[02:30] | but at least I get to spend my days out in the sunshine, | 但至少我能在室外的大好阳光下 |
[02:33] | under blue skies. | 打发时间 |
[02:34] | I mean, how many old farts do you know | 你说有多少像我这样的老伙计 |
[02:36] | get paid to hang out at the park? | 能在公园这么悠闲地赚钱呢 |
[02:37] | I say it’s genius. | 我觉得这太棒了 |
[02:38] | Hooray for you. You work at a park. | 我为你能在公园工作感到高兴 |
[02:41] | Doesn’t explain why the bad news bears are in my office. | 不过也没法解释为何这么多小朋友在我办公室 |
[02:44] | Well, about a month ago, I’m working on a sprinkler. | 大概一个月前 我正在捣鼓洒水器 |
[02:46] | Kids from the baseball team come up, | 棒球队的孩子们过来了 |
[02:47] | and they ask me to hit out some pop flies for them. | 他们要我给他们演示一下高飞球 |
[02:50] | I-I guess one of the dads didn’t show up or something. | 估计是指导家长没有露面 |
[02:52] | But I had a blast. | 但我玩得很开心 |
[02:54] | Turns out the dad is always busy, | 那位父亲是个大忙人 |
[02:55] | so Larry took over as coach. | 所以拉瑞就成了他们的教练 |
[02:57] | Yeah. Bulldogs are number 1 in our division. | 没错 斗牛犬队在我们那片是最厉害的 |
[02:59] | Go, Bulldogs! | 加油 斗牛犬 |
[03:00] | Hey, that’s great. Why don’t you send me an e-mail? | 真不错 你可以发邮件通知我 |
[03:03] | I’ll try to catch a game. | 我有空去看你们比赛 |
[03:04] | Well, uh, that’s — that’s sort of the problem there, honey. | 问题就在这里 亲爱的 |
[03:08] | Uh, you see, one of the rival coaches ratted me out | 一位竞争球队的教练在今早训练中途 |
[03:10] | right in the middle of practice this morning. | 打小报告出卖了我 |
[03:12] | The league requires that a coach | 联盟要求教练必须是 |
[03:13] | be a parent or guardian of a player. | 某位队员的家长或者监护人 |
[03:17] | I don’t know how to help you, dad. | 这我没法帮你 爸 |
[03:20] | Well, Owen said that — | 可是 欧文说… |
[03:21] | Yeah, what did Owen say? | 欧文说什么了 |
[03:23] | That a prominent lawyer such as yourself | 一位像你这样出色的律师 |
[03:25] | might be able to convince the league president | 说不定能说服联盟主席 |
[03:27] | to do the right thing. | 做出正确的判断 |
[03:30] | Kimmy, come on. For the Bulldogs. | 小金 求你了 为了斗牛犬队 |
[03:32] | For the Bulldogs. | 为了斗牛犬队 |
[03:33] | Lady…we really need you. | 女士 我们需要你 |
[03:37] | Coach needs you. | 教练也需要你 |
[03:42] | I didn’t know they were listening. | 我都不知道他们居然也在听 |
[03:44] | Oh, yeah. Kids always know what’s going on. | 孩子们一般都清楚发生了什么事 |
[03:47] | We just don’t give them credit. | 是我们小瞧了他们而已 |
[03:50] | Of course I’m gonna help you. | 我当然会帮你们 |
[03:55] | One meeting. | 就去见一次 |
[04:02] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[04:02] | I need you to sign the card for Kim’s baby shower. | 你要在金的新生儿派对卡上签名 |
[04:05] | Tell me again why we are throwing Kim a baby shower. | 再跟我说一遍为什么要给金办新生儿派对 |
[04:08] | Because Owen asked us to, | 因为是欧文要求的 |
[04:09] | and I’d rather not say no to him right now. | 而我现在不想忤逆他 |
[04:11] | Uh, it’s not enough that we have to work for the dragon lady. | 给那个母夜叉干活还不够 |
[04:14] | Now we have to pretend that we like her, too? | 我们现在还要假装喜欢她 |
[04:16] | It will be nice to have the whole office there | 在那种举天同庆的时刻 全律所的人都在 |
[04:18] | for a happy occasion. | 气氛肯定很棒 |
[04:20] | And by “Happy occasion,” I mean Kim’s maternity leave. | 举天同庆的时刻指的是金的产假 |
[04:22] | She’ll be gone for at least a month. | 她至少会有一个月不在 |
[04:24] | You know, I’m thinking strawberry cupcakes. | 我在想要不要来点草莓纸杯蛋糕 |
[04:26] | Kim’s allergic to strawberries. | 金对草莓过敏 |
[04:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:29] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[04:30] | All right, fine. Calm down. | 行了 冷静 |
[04:32] | We can get vanilla to match her sex life. | 为了她的性生活着想 我们可以用香草 |
[04:34] | Oh, my god! | 天呐 |
[04:38] | Y-You’re Donna Andrews. | 你是唐娜·安德鲁斯 |
[04:39] | I am. Nice to meet you. | 是的 你好 |
[04:42] | Jane Bingum. | 我是简·宾格温 |
[04:44] | I have followed your career since you won Miss Long Beach. | 自从你成了长滩小姐后 我就一直很关注你 |
[04:47] | I loved the answer you gave | 我很喜欢你那个关于 |
[04:48] | regarding the preservation of songbird habitats. | 保护鸣禽栖息地的回答 |
[04:51] | “We must sing through our actions so that birds –“ | “我们要用行动来歌唱 这样鸟儿们…” |
[04:53] | “So that birds may forever sing for us.” | “这样鸟儿们才会永久地为我们歌唱” |
[04:55] | -I’m impressed. -Thank you. | -真不敢相信 -谢谢 |
[04:57] | I’ve actually competed in a few pageants myself — | 我自己其实也参加过几次选美比赛 |
[05:00] | I mean, before I became a lawyer. | 在我做律师之前 |
[05:02] | Okay. | 这样啊 |
[05:03] | Well, look, I’m here because I need a lawyer. | 我来这是想找个律师 |
[05:06] | Teri, hold all my calls. | 泰丽 电话都不要接进来 |
[05:07] | I’m in a meeting with a new client. | 我要和新客户了解情况 |
[05:13] | I’m currently competing in the Miss Universal Globe Pageant. | 我目前正在参加环球小姐选美大赛 |
[05:16] | Yeah, I know. I love that dress. | 我知道 这套礼服真漂亮 |
[05:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:19] | Earlier this morning, I was in the greenroom, | 今天早上 我在后台 |
[05:21] | waiting my turn for evening-gown rehearsals | 等着上台做晚礼服彩排时 |
[05:23] | when I found this memo left behind on a coffee table. | 看到了咖啡桌上的这张备忘录 |
[05:25] | It’s from Peter Bronson, the pageant owner. | 来自彼得·布朗森 大赛的承办人 |
[05:28] | 布朗森集团 回复:世界小姐 选美大赛决赛前十名单 | |
[05:30] | It’s a list of the top-10 finalists | 这是今年比赛的 |
[05:31] | for this year’s competition. | 进入决赛的前十名单 |
[05:33] | You’re not on it. Wait a minute. | 你不在其中 等等 |
[05:35] | The competition doesn’t even air till next week. | 比赛要到下周才播出 |
[05:37] | The judges haven’t even judged you yet. | 评委们都还没给你们打分呢 |
[05:39] | So how can Peter Bronson already know the top 10? | 那彼得·布朗森是怎么知道前十名单的 |
[05:42] | Peter Bronson is rigging this pageant? | 彼得·布朗森在操纵这场选美大赛 |
[05:44] | I think so. | 我是这么认为的 |
[05:45] | Okay, we’re gonna take this memo | 我们把这张备忘录 |
[05:48] | to the Federal Communications Commission. | 交给联邦通信委员会 |
[05:50] | They have jurisdiction over broadcast events like Miss Universal. | 他们对世界小姐这种广播节目有管辖权 |
[05:53] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[05:54] | I say yes. | 我同意 |
[05:56] | This pageant means everything to me. | 这次选美比赛对我意义重大 |
[05:58] | Whether I win or lose, I just want a fair shot. | 无论输赢 我只想公平公正地比赛 |
[06:01] | I know. I’ll be in touch. | 我懂 我会再联系你的 |
[06:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:14] | Oh, my god! | 天呐 |
[06:16] | Was that Miss Universal U.S.A. Donna Andrews? | 那是不是美国环球小姐唐娜·安德鲁斯 |
[06:18] | Yes! Can you believe that?! | 没错 是不是很不可思议 |
[06:21] | Oh, wait. I’ve got work to do. | 等等 我还有事要忙 |
[06:23] | I just need five minutes. | 我只需要五分钟 |
[06:26] | Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just not a good time. | 抱歉 你来的不是时候 |
[06:28] | You know, we need to talk, and you keep running away. | 我们得谈谈 而你总是回避 |
[06:31] | Maybe because there’s nothing to talk about. | 或许是因为本就没什么可谈的 |
[06:34] | Fine. | 那好 |
[06:35] | I am going to speak for both of us. | 那就由我来演绎这场对话 |
[06:38] | Stacy — | 史黛西 |
[06:39] | Jane, you know I can’t ask Owen | 简 你知道没有你的祝福 |
[06:41] | to be my sperm donor without your blessing. | 我是不可能让欧文做我的捐精者 |
[06:44] | But, Stacy, he and I — we were engaged. | 可是史黛西 他和我曾经是未婚夫妻 |
[06:49] | Which tells me how much you must respect him and his DNA. | 所以你更应该尊重他和他的DNA |
[06:52] | And besides, it’s not like he’s moving in with us. | 而且 他又不是要搬进来和我们一起生活 |
[06:54] | I just need his genetic material. | 我只要他的遗传物质 |
[06:57] | I bet you haven’t even considered the legal issues. | 我猜你肯定没有考虑过法律方面的问题 |
[07:00] | I mean, do you even know the laws | 你是不是连非性交怀孕的 |
[07:01] | that govern non-coital conception? | 相关法律条文都不知道 |
[07:05] | I found all the relevant statutes online, | 网上所有相关法令我都找到了 |
[07:07] | and I’ve read all the pamphlets from the fertility clinic. | 生育诊所的所有手册我也都读了 |
[07:10] | Wow, Stace. Impressive. | 史黛西 真厉害 |
[07:13] | I’m sorry I didn’t give you more credit. | 抱歉小瞧你了 |
[07:15] | Say, is that a new dress? | 这是不是条新裙子 |
[07:18] | Why, yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[07:20] | Thank you for your blessing, Jane. | 谢谢你的祝福 简 |
[07:22] | You are as intelligent as you are beautiful. | 你美貌与智慧并存 |
[07:28] | Wow. Well, that was something. | 演绎得还真精彩 |
[07:30] | And, you know, I admit you made some excellent points. | 我承认你说的某些话很有道理 |
[07:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:34] | Thing is — you neglected to consider one teensy little fact. | 问题是 你忽略了一个小小的事实 |
[07:39] | And what is that teensy little fact? | 什么小事实 |
[07:41] | That Owen and I might still get back together. | 欧文和我可能还会复合 |
[07:44] | What? | 什么 |
[07:44] | Stacy, you know that I am trying | 史黛西 你知道我在努力 |
[07:46] | to make him see that I am sorry | 让他看到我的歉意 |
[07:48] | and that I am open to rekindling our relationship, | 而且我很希望我们的关系能重新开始 |
[07:51] | So don’t you think it’s gonna be a little weird | 所以你不觉得当欧文和我结婚之后 |
[07:54] | when Owen and I are married and you’re raising his child? | 你抚养着他的孩子不会很诡异吗 |
[07:57] | Do you really think that | 如果我有一丝想法 |
[07:58] | I would have even asked if I thought for one second | 认为你和欧文有复合的可能 |
[08:01] | you and Owen would get back together again? | 你觉得我还会这样问你吗 |
[08:04] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:05] | Jane, I don’t believe that you still believe | 简 我不觉得你还相信 |
[08:08] | you’re gonna marry Owen. | 自己会跟欧文结婚 |
[08:10] | In fact, I don’t even think that you want to marry Owen, | 事实上 我觉得你根本就不想和他结婚 |
[08:13] | because if you had, you would have never kissed Grayson. | 因为如果你想 你就不会吻格雷森了 |
[08:17] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢这么说 |
[08:19] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢这么对我 |
[08:20] | You are denying me the best available genetic material | 你要阻止我拿到最佳遗传物质 |
[08:24] | for no good reason. | 但却给不出合理原因 |
[08:25] | You want Owen’s sperm? | 你想要欧文的精子吗 |
[08:27] | – Yeah. – Fine. Go and get it. | -对 -好吧 自己找他要 |
[08:30] | Fine. I will. | 好 我会去的 |
[08:31] | And thank you for your blessing. | 谢谢你的祝福 |
[08:39] | I’m sure the FCC agrees | 美国联邦通讯委员肯定同意 |
[08:40] | that memo is convincing evidence of pageant fixing, | 那份备忘录是选美结果内定的有力证据 |
[08:43] | a clear violation of 47 U.S.C., section 509. | 明显违反了美国法典第47章第509款 |
[08:47] | The “Quiz show” Law? | “智力竞答节目”法条 |
[08:48] | Which, as you know, bans any scheme | 您也知道 该法禁止一切 |
[08:51] | to predetermine contests of knowledge, skill, or chance. | 知识 技能比赛或竞赛中的结果内定行为 |
[08:54] | Yes, but do pageants really require skill? | 没错 但选美大赛需要技能吗 |
[08:56] | They do. Miss Universal is not merely about beauty. | 要的 世界小姐不仅仅需要拥有美貌 |
[08:59] | In fact, as of last month, | 事实上 自从上个月起 |
[09:01] | the talent portion is now worth 40% — | 才艺分数占到了40% |
[09:04] | More than the interview and evening gown combined. | 比面试和晚装展示合起来所占分数还多 |
[09:07] | Why would Peter Bronson fix his own pageant? | 彼得·布朗森为什么要操纵他自己的选美大赛呢 |
[09:09] | The finalists that Bronson pre-selected — | 布朗森预先选定的决赛选手 |
[09:11] | They all come from the largest foreign TV markets, | 她们都来自国外的大型电视市场 |
[09:14] | including the U.K., Brazil, and China. | 包括英国 巴西和中国 |
[09:17] | But nowhere on the list | 但名单上却没有 |
[09:18] | are favorites Iceland, Namibia, and the U.S., | 冰岛 纳米比亚和美国等夺冠热门 |
[09:21] | Who, by the way, is incredible. | 顺便一提 美国小姐十分出色 |
[09:23] | – Thank you. – No problem. | -谢谢 -不用 |
[09:25] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[09:25] | Peter Bronson does not care about Miss Universal. | 彼得·布朗森不关心环球小姐是谁 |
[09:28] | He cares about ratings and big markets that maximize profits. | 他关心的是收视率和能带来最大利润的大市场 |
[09:32] | That was very informative. | 这信息量真不小 |
[09:34] | Okay, so, what do we do next? | 好 那接下来我们怎么办 |
[09:36] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[09:37] | We could coordinate with the U.S. Attorney’s office, | 我们可以与美国检察官办公室配合 |
[09:39] | ’cause this is huge. | 因为这非同小可 |
[09:40] | I mean, it’s CNN huge. | 是连CNN都会报道的大新闻 |
[09:41] | I think we should call Anderson Cooper. | 我们应该打电话给安德森·库珀[著名电视主持] |
[09:44] | I appreciate the visit, | 很感谢你们的造访 |
[09:45] | but the FCC does not plan to pursue this investigation. | 但美国联邦通信委员会不打算对此事进行调查 |
[09:49] | Uh, with all due respect, what? | 恕我直言 您这是什么意思 |
[09:51] | I mean, this is far more serious | 这件事比詹尼特·杰克逊 |
[09:53] | than Janet Jackson’s so-called wardrobe malfunction. | 所谓的走光事件要严重得多啊 |
[09:56] | And that led to half a million dollars in fines. | 她最后被判了50万美元罚款 |
[09:59] | Peter Bronson is a job creator | 彼得·布朗森为人提供就业机会 |
[10:01] | with business interests worldwide. | 他的生意遍及世界 |
[10:03] | The government isn’t gonna make a federal case over a pageant. | 政府不会因为一场选美而对他进行调查 |
[10:07] | I’m sorry, but we’re done here. | 对不起 但这件事到此为止了 |
[10:19] | Stacy. Hey, what a nice surprise. | 史黛西 稀客啊 |
[10:22] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[10:23] | Everything is great. | 一切顺利 |
[10:24] | I have to ask you something. | 我有事要问你 |
[10:26] | Oh, yeah. Please, please sit. | 可以 请坐 |
[10:32] | Owen, I’ve been wanting to get pregnant for a while now. | 欧文 我想生孩子已经有一段时间了 |
[10:36] | I have looked high and low | 我四处寻找过 |
[10:38] | for the perfect donor to father my child, | 孩子的完美捐精者 |
[10:40] | which is a lot tougher than it sounds | 说起来容易 找起来难 |
[10:43] | because I’m picky | 因为我很挑剔 |
[10:45] | and I want the absolute best genetic material. | 我想要最好的遗传物质 |
[10:48] | I want your sperm. | 我想要你的精子 |
[10:51] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[10:53] | It’s just you’re an awesome guy, kind, stable, ambitious, | 只是你真的很出色 善良 稳重 进取 |
[10:57] | intelligent, attractive, and funny. | 聪明 有魅力 风趣 |
[11:00] | I’m happy to discuss a variety of arrangements. | 我很乐意跟你讨论各种相关安排 |
[11:04] | And…I have pamphlets. | 我这里有几本小册子 |
[11:07] | Also, you’d have no financial obligations. | 而且你也没有抚养义务 |
[11:10] | I’m looking for a baby daddy, not a sugar daddy. | 我想找孩子他爸 不是老色迷 |
[11:15] | What does Jane think about your request? | 简对你的提议有什么看法 |
[11:18] | I have her blessing. | 她祝福了我 |
[11:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:30] | I-I have to think about it. | 我得好好想一下 |
[11:32] | Of course. Take all the time you need. | 当然 你慢慢考虑 |
[11:36] | I don’t start ovulating until Friday. | 我周五才开始排卵 |
[11:49] | Knockety-knock-knock-knock. | 敲敲敲敲门 |
[11:51] | – You ready for the big meeting? – Yep. | -准备好了吗 -嗯 |
[11:53] | – Anything you want me to say? – Nope. | -想让我说点什么吗 -不用 |
[11:54] | You just keep your mouth shut and let me do all the talking. | 你只管闭嘴 让我负责说话就好 |
[11:57] | Yeah, that’s a good plan. | 计划不错 |
[12:01] | Oh, yeah, those two are totally doing it. | 他们俩打得火热 |
[12:03] | – Dad. – What? No, I’m saying I got a sixth sense | -爸 -怎么了 对这种事情 |
[12:06] | about these things. | 我的第六感很准 |
[12:07] | That’s how I knew your mother was really into me. | 我就是凭这个知道你妈很喜欢我 |
[12:10] | Look how that turned out. | 看最后变成什么样了 |
[12:11] | What? I’m just saying. | 什么啊 说说而已 |
[12:12] | I’m just saying you’re totally off base. | 我只是在说你大错特错 |
[12:14] | I mean, come on. | 你看清楚 |
[12:15] | A man and a woman can work together without having sex. | 男女可以在不发生性关系的情况下一起工作 |
[12:17] | Well, tell that to your baby bump. | 跟你肚子里的孩子说吧 |
[12:21] | Look, why don’t you just keep your mind out of the gutter | 你还是少管别人的闲事 |
[12:23] | and back on the bulldogs. | 回到斗牛犬队的事上来 |
[12:27] | Kim? | 金 |
[12:28] | The baseball league president is waiting for you in Owen’s office. | 棒球联盟主席在欧文的办公室等你 |
[12:31] | Be right there. | 马上到 |
[12:32] | Don’t forget your baby shower starts at noon. | 别忘了新生儿派对中午开始 |
[12:35] | Can’t wait. | 等不及了 |
[12:37] | Mrs. Chase, thank you so much for taking this meeting. | 蔡斯夫人 非常感谢你来参加这次会面 |
[12:39] | Oh, of course. | 小意思 |
[12:40] | Your father was one of my favorite coaches. | 你的父亲是我最喜欢的教练之一 |
[12:42] | We are sorry to see him go. | 很遗憾他离开了 |
[12:43] | Yeah, you know, that’s the thing. | 事情是这样的 |
[12:45] | We don’t think you should have to see him go. | 我们认为你们不应该让他离开 |
[12:47] | I mean, these days, with parents so busy, | 现在的父母都特别忙 |
[12:49] | you should be encouraging community participation. | 你们应该鼓励社区群众多多参与 |
[12:51] | I don’t disagree. | 我同意 |
[12:52] | In fact, I plan on raising the parent restriction | 实际上 我计划着在下次规章大会上 |
[12:54] | at our next rules meeting. | 放宽父母限制 |
[12:55] | The meeting’s not till January. | 要到一月份才开会 |
[12:57] | The Bulldogs’ playoffs are next week. | 斗牛犬队的季后赛下周就开始了 |
[13:00] | Hold on — according to the league bylaws, | 慢着 根据联盟章程 |
[13:01] | there is a second way for coaches to qualify. | 还有另一种方法让教练取得资格 |
[13:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:05] | It says here, “Any adult who lives | 这里写了”任何居住在 |
[13:06] | “Within the White Oak Park district | 白橡树公园地区的成年人 |
[13:07] | may volunteer at the park.” | 可以在该公园自愿帮忙” |
[13:09] | Coaching’s a volunteer position, correct? | 教练属于志愿者职位 对吗 |
[13:11] | Of course. | 当然是 |
[13:12] | As it happens, Mr. Kaswell’s daughter lives | 碰巧 卡斯维先生的女儿 |
[13:14] | a half a block from the park. | 就住在离公园半条街之外 |
[13:17] | Yeah. Any chance there’s a third way to qualify? | 有没有第三种获得资格的方法呢 |
[13:20] | Kimmy, it’s the playoffs. | 小金 这可是季后赛啊 |
[13:24] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:25] | My father lives with me. | 我爸跟我一起住 |
[13:27] | As of today, my dad is my roommate. | 今天 我爸是我的室友 |
[13:31] | Well, then, I hereby reinstate | 既然如此 我现在重新恢复 |
[13:33] | Larry as coach of the Bulldogs. | 拉瑞在斗牛犬队的教练职位 |
[13:35] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[13:41] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[13:42] | My emergency stash of pick-me-up dark chocolate. | 我私藏的随手吃黑巧克力 |
[13:45] | I know it’s in here somewhere. | 我知道就在这附近的 |
[13:46] | I ate it last week. | 上周被我吃了 |
[13:49] | It was a late night. I’m sorry. | 那晚熬夜嘛 不好意思 |
[13:52] | So, what’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:53] | The FCC refuses to pursue charges against Peter Bronson. | 美国联邦通信委员会拒绝起诉彼得·布朗森 |
[13:56] | I’m surprised you thought the government would get involved | 你竟然认为政府会插手 |
[13:58] | over something as trivial as a pageant. | 选美大赛这种琐碎的小事 |
[14:00] | Grayson, the Miss Universal pageant is anything but trivial. | 格雷森 环球小姐选美大赛可不是琐碎的小事 |
[14:05] | I’m being serious. | 我很严肃的 |
[14:09] | Honestly, I thought a woman like yourself | 实话实话 我以为像你这样的女人 |
[14:12] | would find pageants frivolous, if not outright demeaning. | 会觉得选美很无聊 我不是在贬低你 |
[14:15] | Well, you would be wrong. | 你想错了 |
[14:18] | You know, pageants provide contestants with self-confidence | 选美大赛能够增强选手的自信 |
[14:21] | while competing for valuable college scholarships. | 她们还可以竞争高额的大学奖学金 |
[14:24] | And pageants don’t just help the contestants. | 选美大赛不仅仅帮助选手 |
[14:27] | They help the countries, too. | 也能帮助各个参赛国家 |
[14:28] | They help the countries? | 帮助国家 |
[14:30] | When Angola’s Leila Lopes won Miss Universe, | 当安哥拉的莱拉·洛佩斯赢得环球小姐之后 |
[14:32] | it raised the profile of the entire country. | 整个国家的财政收益都有所提高 |
[14:34] | And Amelia Vega of the Dominican Republic — | 还有多米尼加共和国的阿米莉亚·维加 |
[14:36] | When she came in first, tourism shot up dramatically. | 她赢了之后 该国的旅游人数激增 |
[14:39] | Well, we both know when you get passionate, you don’t give up. | 你一旦投入了热情 就不会放弃 |
[14:41] | I say forget the FCC. | 别管美国联邦通信委员会 |
[14:43] | On behalf of your client, file a qui tam lawsuit. | 以你委托人的名义 提起共分罚款的诉讼 |
[14:45] | Qui tam — when the government refuses to enforce certain laws, | 共分罚款 当政府拒绝执行某项法令时 |
[14:48] | private citizens are empowered to step in | 普通民众有权介入 |
[14:50] | and sue on the government’s behalf as a whistle-blower. | 作为告密者 代表政府提起诉讼 |
[14:54] | Yes, and as a whistle-blower, | 没错 而作为告密者 |
[14:56] | they’re entitled to 30% of recovered damages. | 他们有权享有30%的赔偿金 |
[14:58] | Yes. Thank you, Grayson. | 没错 谢谢你 格雷森 |
[15:01] | Excuse me. | 抱歉打扰 |
[15:02] | Jane, I need you in the conference room now. | 简 赶紧去会议室 |
[15:04] | – Everything okay? – It’s, uh, Kim’s baby shower. | -没事吧 -是金的新生儿派对 |
[15:06] | Say no more. Let’s go. | 别说了 我们走 |
[15:11] | Thank god you’re here. | 幸好你来了 |
[15:11] | Teri, this is supposed to be a shower, not a wake. | 泰丽 这应该是派对 不是守灵 |
[15:14] | They refuse to drink the baby bottles. | 他们拒绝喝奶瓶 |
[15:17] | They’re all scared to guess Kim’s weight. | 他们都害怕猜金的体重 |
[15:19] | And forget about the “Guess the melted candy bar in the diaper” game. | 也别提”猜猜尿布里的融化巧克力棒品牌”游戏了 |
[15:22] | Kim licked them all. | 金都舔过了 |
[15:23] | The cupcakes are delicious. Can I go back to my office now? | 纸杯蛋糕很好吃 我能回办公室了吗 |
[15:26] | Are you kidding me? No, Kim! Now, come on! | 开什么玩笑 不行 金 赶紧的 |
[15:31] | Let’s get this party started. | 开始狂欢吧 |
[15:34] | I’m pretty sure this is a Mars bar. | 我肯定这个是马尔斯巧克力 |
[15:36] | Dad, this is supposed to be an all-girls party. | 爸 这个派对男士止步 |
[15:39] | Hey, did you tell them all your big news? | 你没告诉她们那条大新闻吗 |
[15:42] | I’m moving in with my daughter. | 我搬来和我女儿住了 |
[15:45] | – Excuse me. – Oh, thank god. | -你们好 -感谢上帝 |
[15:47] | Someone ordered a male stripper! | 有人请了脱衣舞男 |
[15:50] | No. No, no. I’m looking for a Larry Kaswell. | 你们误会了 我找拉瑞·卡斯维 |
[15:54] | Oh, I’m Larry. | 我就是 |
[15:55] | Sir, you’re under arrest. | 先生 你被捕了 |
[15:57] | Place your hands behind your back. | 双手背到身后 |
[15:59] | Excuse me. What are the charges? | 请问 什么罪名 |
[16:00] | Child endangerment, 13 counts. | 危害儿童罪 共计13名 |
[16:11] | So let me get this straight. | 那我就开门见山了 |
[16:12] | Last week, you took a bunch of 9-year-olds | 上周 你一时兴起 |
[16:14] | on a spur-of-the-moment field trip to the Santa Monica Pier | 带着一群九岁儿童去了圣莫妮卡码头 |
[16:16] | without their parents’ permission? | 却没有事先取得家长的许可 |
[16:18] | – Yep. – What were you thinking? | -对 -你是怎么想的 |
[16:20] | It was a beautiful day, we were celebrating our win, | 当时风和日丽 我们在庆祝我们获胜 |
[16:22] | and everybody had sunscreen on. | 大家也都抹了防晒霜 |
[16:24] | Dad, one of the moms went to the park to pick up her son, | 爸 其中一位母亲去公园接她的孩子 |
[16:26] | and he wasn’t there, so she called the police. | 却没看见孩子 所以她报了警 |
[16:28] | I-I know. I-I know. | 我知道 |
[16:30] | She’s going through some domestic dispute. | 她家里正好在闹矛盾 |
[16:32] | She thought the kid’s dad picked him up. I don’t know. | 她以为孩子的爸爸接走了他 我不知道 |
[16:34] | But she called the police back and owned up to the mistake. | 可她后来又打电话承认报错了案 |
[16:37] | It doesn’t matter — once the complaint is filed, | 这不重要 一旦立了案 |
[16:39] | the authorities are obligated to act. | 当局就有义务查办 |
[16:40] | Oh, look, everybody’s getting their knickers in a twist | 听着 人人都有因为小误会 |
[16:43] | over a simple misunderstanding. | 而大发脾气的时候 |
[16:45] | I made a deal with the D.A. | 我和检察官达成协议 |
[16:46] | You’ll plead guilty and pay a fine, no jail time. | 你认罪 交完罚款就不用坐牢 |
[16:49] | Oh, great. Can’t wait to get back to those bulldogs. | 太好了 我等不及要回去见那些小家伙们了 |
[16:52] | No, dad, | 不 爸 |
[16:52] | you’re pleading guilty to endangering the welfare of a child. | 你要承认危害到了孩子的安全 |
[16:56] | The league is not gonna allow you back as coach. | 联盟不会允许你再回去当教练 |
[16:58] | What are you talking about? Then it’s no deal. | 你在说什么 那我不干 |
[17:00] | I’m not gonna abandon my kids. | 我不要放弃我的孩子们 |
[17:02] | They’re not your kids. | 他们不是你的孩子们 |
[17:04] | For god’s sake, you weren’t this upset | 看在上帝的份上 25年前你抛弃我时 |
[17:06] | when you abandoned me 25 years ago. | 都没像现在这么难过 |
[17:09] | Oh, come on, Kimmy. That’s not fair. | 别这样 小金 这么说不公平 |
[17:13] | Dad, the D.A.’s office is gonna be pissed | 爸 检察官会因为你拒绝认罪 |
[17:14] | if you reject this plea. | 而恼羞成怒 |
[17:16] | And if we lose at trial, they’re gonna demand jail time. | 如果我们败诉 他们就要判你入狱了 |
[17:21] | All right. We’re just gonna have to win. | 好吧 我们必须要赢下来 |
[17:25] | Boy, I’m starving. | 天啊 我要饿死了 |
[17:27] | I haven’t had anything to eat since that dirty diaper. | 吃完尿布里的巧克力粑粑之后 我还没吃过东西 |
[17:30] | Let’s go see what’s going on at the coffee cart. | 去看看咖啡贩卖车上有什么吃的 |
[17:37] | Miss Andrews, I just have one question. | 安德鲁斯小姐 我只有一个问题 |
[17:39] | How did you feel when you found Mr. Bronson’s memo | 当你发现在评委评选前 |
[17:42] | listing the miss universal finalists | 布朗森先生的备忘录中 |
[17:43] | before the judges had even selected them? | 已列有环球小姐的决赛名单时作何感想 |
[17:46] | I felt shattered. | 我感到很震惊 |
[17:48] | Look, I still believe in the honor, integrity, | 我还相信本次大赛的荣誉 正直 |
[17:51] | kindness, and decency of the pageant, | 善良和庄重 |
[17:54] | but that man — he violated all the rules. | 可这位先生 他违背了所有这些规则 |
[17:58] | Donna, isn’t it true you recently met with reality-show producers | 唐娜 你最近有没有与真人秀制片人见面 |
[18:02] | about developing a TV series based on your life as a pageant girl? | 谈论拍摄一部以选美小姐经历为题材的电视剧 |
[18:09] | Yes, but — | 有 |
[18:10] | In fact, the working title of the TV series is | 事实上 电视剧的暂定名称是 |
[18:13] | “The Beauty Queen Scandal.” | 《选美皇后丑闻》 |
[18:15] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 这是无由推断 |
[18:18] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[18:19] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[18:21] | I’ll take that as a “yes.” | 我当你是承认了 |
[18:25] | We now dismiss the witness and call Peter Bronson to the stand. | 现在请证人退席 传彼得·布朗森上庭作证 |
[18:29] | Mr. Bronson, where were you | 布朗森先生 当安德鲁斯小姐 |
[18:31] | when miss Andrews allegedly found the memo? | 称发现你的备忘录时 你在哪里 |
[18:34] | I was in a plane, returning from a business trip to Macao. | 我在出差去澳门的回程飞机上 |
[18:38] | Did you rig the miss universal pageant? | 你有没有操纵环球小姐选美大赛 |
[18:40] | No. The pageant cannot be rigged. | 没有 这场大赛没法操纵 |
[18:43] | We employ numerous fail-safes, | 我们使用了诸多自动防故障策略 |
[18:45] | including independent judges and a big-four accounting firm. | 包括独立评委和一家四大会计事务所 |
[18:49] | – Is that all? – No. | -只有这些吗 -不 |
[18:50] | Every document that comes out of my office | 每份从我办公室发出去的文件 |
[18:53] | is printed on state-of-the-art anti-counterfeiting paper. | 都是用最尖端的防伪纸张印制的 |
[18:59] | I’m handing Mr. Bronson a piece of his office stationery | 我递给布朗森先生一张他的办公用纸 |
[19:02] | and a U.V. light. | 和一支紫外光笔 |
[19:05] | Please shine the light onto the paper. | 请将紫外光照在这张纸上 |
[19:08] | We call the court’s attention to the Bronson enterprises logo. | 我们请法院注意布朗森企业的商标 |
[19:12] | Now I’d like to ask the bailiff to hand the memo in question | 现在请法警递上涉案备忘录 |
[19:15] | to Mr. Bronson. | 给布朗森先生 |
[19:19] | Please shine the light over the memo. | 请照这份备忘录 |
[19:23] | There’s no logo, | 没有商标 |
[19:24] | which means this didn’t come out of my office. | 说明这不是我办公室里的纸张 |
[19:27] | This is a forgery. | 而是伪造的 |
[19:30] | We move to dismiss immediately. | 我方请求立即驳回诉讼 |
[19:32] | Uh, hold on. We need more time. | 等等 我们还需要点时间 |
[19:34] | You’ve wasted enough of the court’s time. | 你们浪费的时间已经够多了 |
[19:36] | This case is dismissed. | 驳回诉讼 |
[19:47] | Jane! Jane! | 简 简 |
[19:49] | Jane! | 简 |
[19:51] | What? What do you want, Donna? | 怎么 你想怎么样 唐娜 |
[19:53] | What happens now? | 现在怎么办 |
[19:55] | I go home, have a glass of wine, and you disappear. | 我回家 喝杯酒 而你给我消失 |
[20:00] | I know what it looked like in there, but — | 我知道现在大家都怎么想 |
[20:02] | I’m not an idiot, Donna. | 我不是个白痴 唐娜 |
[20:03] | The court dismissed your case because you made it all up. | 法院驳回了你的起诉 因为这都是你编造的 |
[20:06] | I’m certainly not gonna help you get more attention. | 我自然不会帮你获得更多的关注 |
[20:10] | Everything I told you was the truth. | 我告诉你的都是真话 |
[20:13] | Oh, come on. You’re as fake as that memo. | 得了吧 你就跟那份备忘录一样假 |
[20:18] | You just used me to smear the reputation of miss universal | 你利用我诋毁了环球小姐的名声 |
[20:20] | and all for your own gain. | 全为你自己获利 |
[20:37] | How are you holding up? | 你怎么样了 |
[20:38] | Oh. Handbags. Yikes. | 在看手提包 哎呀 |
[20:41] | You’re in a bad, bad place. | 你现在心情很差 |
[20:43] | I can’t believe Donna Andrews lied to me. | 不敢相信唐娜·安德鲁竟然斯骗了我 |
[20:45] | At least your dad didn’t get arrested at your baby shower. | 至少你爸没在你的新生儿派对上被捕 |
[20:48] | Yeah, that’s got to sting. | 对 那真是够闹心的 |
[20:50] | Look, I don’t know if you care, | 不知道你在不在乎 |
[20:52] | but Peter Bronson held a press conference | 彼得·布朗森开了记者招待会 |
[20:55] | where he stripped Donna Andrews of her title | 摘掉了唐娜·安德鲁斯的头衔 |
[20:57] | and barred her from competing. | 禁止她参赛 |
[21:00] | Well, good. Serves her right. | 很好 她活该 |
[21:01] | It’s late and your case was dismissed. | 天色晚了 你的案子也被驳回了 |
[21:03] | Why are you still here? | 你为什么还在这里 |
[21:05] | I just had a fight with Stacy, | 我刚跟史黛西吵了一架 |
[21:06] | and I’m not ready to go home and face her. | 还没准备好回家面对她 |
[21:08] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[21:09] | Was her kale cleanse making her irritable? | 是甘蓝清肠餐让她烦躁易怒了吗 |
[21:13] | Sorry. What happened? | 抱歉 什么事 |
[21:15] | She wants my blessing for Owen to be her sperm donor. | 她想让我祝福她找欧文捐精 |
[21:19] | Stop. | 闭嘴 |
[21:20] | That violates every rule of friendship. | 那可违反了朋友道义的每条规则 |
[21:22] | No sperm — no way, no how. | 不准用精子 什么形式都不行 |
[21:24] | I know. But Owen and I aren’t together, so… | 我知道 可欧文跟我分手了 所以… |
[21:29] | Yeah, but you were together. | 对 但你们好过 |
[21:30] | You need to go kick some sense into her. | 你得给她讲讲道理 |
[21:32] | Yeah, you know what? You’re right. | 没错 你说得对 |
[21:36] | I’m going home right now. | 我这就回家 |
[21:53] | Stacy? | 史黛西 |
[21:55] | I forbid you from using Owen’s sperm for your baby. | 我禁止你用欧文的精子生孩子 |
[21:57] | – Jane. – It is a total violation — | -简 -这完全违背了… |
[21:59] | – Stop. – No, you stop. | -住口 -不 你住口 |
[22:02] | You can’t ask your best friend’s ex for his sperm, | 你不能问你闺蜜的前任要精子 |
[22:05] | You know, especially if they’re not 100% over. | 尤其是他们俩还没完全结束 |
[22:08] | Jane — | 简 |
[22:08] | And you certainly cannot have his baby. | 而且你绝不能怀他的宝宝 |
[22:14] | I’m not having Owen’s baby. | 我不会怀欧文的宝宝 |
[22:16] | Good. I’m glad you’re listening to reason. | 很好 很高兴你听得进道理 |
[22:20] | Owen said no. | 欧文拒绝了 |
[22:23] | I went to go see him, and he was nice and everything, | 我去找了他 他倒是很客气 |
[22:25] | but he just called me and told me that he couldn’t do it. | 可他给我打电话说他不能这么做 |
[22:33] | Sorry, sweetie. | 很遗憾 亲爱的 |
[22:35] | No, you’re not. | 你才没有 |
[22:37] | You’re happy. | 你高兴还来不及 |
[22:39] | No. No. | 不 |
[22:40] | I-I thought I would be happy, but I actually feel terrible. | 我以为我会很高兴 可我真觉得很心痛 |
[22:48] | Are we expecting company? | 有人要来做客吗 |
[22:50] | No. | 不 |
[22:52] | I’m expecting to be sad for a few weeks. | 我要难过好几周 |
[22:54] | Then these should get me through Tuesday. | 这些应该够我撑过周二 |
[22:59] | Sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[23:03] | I know that I said I would support you. | 我知道我说过会支持你 |
[23:07] | So I should have at least talked it through with you. | 所以我至少该先劝通你 |
[23:13] | And I knew that picking Owen would upset you, | 我也知道选欧文会让你不开心 |
[23:15] | but having Owen as the biological father of my future child | 可让欧文做我未来孩子的生父 |
[23:20] | was the best choice. | 是最佳选择 |
[23:24] | Do you want to talk now? | 现在想谈谈吗 |
[23:27] | No. If it’s okay, I would rather frost. | 不 如果可以 我还是继续上糖霜吧 |
[23:34] | I’m sorry, sweetie. | 很遗憾 亲爱的 |
[23:55] | You made breakfast? | 你做了早点吗 |
[23:56] | Yeah. Come on, grab a stack. | 是啊 快来吃一顿 |
[23:58] | You know, don’t forget you’re eating for two there. | 别忘了你现在可不止要喂饱自己 |
[24:01] | No time. I need to prep your testimony. | 没空 我得准备你的证词 |
[24:03] | Honey, come on. | 亲爱的 来吧 |
[24:04] | Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. | 早饭是三餐里最重要的 |
[24:07] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[24:08] | But, please, I need you to focus on your case. | 但你一定要对你的案子上点心 |
[24:11] | Okay, I will. Now, you just have to relax, honey. | 我会的 你只需要放松一下 |
[24:13] | I-I know you’re a little bit anxious — | 我知道你马上就要生了 |
[24:15] | What — with the baby coming | 所以有点焦躁 |
[24:16] | and Parker being out of town and all. | 而帕克却不在 |
[24:18] | Dad, Parker moved to be with his other family in Canada. | 爸 帕克跑去加拿大和他另一个家庭住了 |
[24:23] | Yeah, yeah. I know. He — he told me the same thing. | 没错 我知道 他也是这么说的 |
[24:27] | You spoke with him? | 你和他聊过了 |
[24:28] | Yeah, while you were in the shower. | 没错 你洗澡的时候 |
[24:29] | I told him, man-to-man, | 我很明确地跟他说 |
[24:30] | that he was shirking his parental responsibilities. | 他是在推卸自己做父亲的责任 |
[24:33] | Well, look, long story short, he’s gonna make every attempt | 长话短说 总之他会尽一切可能 |
[24:36] | to be here for the birth and possibly stay a few weeks. | 在你生产前赶回来 待上几周 |
[24:38] | No, no, no. Dad, I do not want Parker here for this child’s birth | 不 爸 我不需要帕克在我生孩子的时候来 |
[24:43] | or anytime thereafter. | 以后也不需要 |
[24:45] | Look, I am perfectly capable of raising this baby without him, | 我完全有能力一个人把这孩子养大 |
[24:48] | the same way mom raised me without you. | 就像我妈当年没有你一样 |
[24:52] | Kimmy, look, I’m just trying to help you here. | 小金 我只是想帮你 |
[24:55] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[24:56] | Well, if you had been around more, | 要是你了解我多一点的话 |
[24:57] | then maybe you would understand that calling | 你就该知道打电话给 |
[24:58] | your daughter’s ex-boyfriend is just not okay. | 你女儿的前男友是多么不合适 |
[25:06] | Jane, I’m really sorry to bother you at home. | 简 抱歉来你家打扰你 |
[25:09] | What’s so urgent? | 有什么急事 |
[25:10] | Donna was telling the truth. | 唐娜说的是实话 |
[25:12] | Grayson, she’s a snake. | 格雷森 她是个阴险小人 |
[25:14] | She never wanted to do the reality show. | 她从来不想上真人秀节目 |
[25:16] | Her pageant coach approached TV producers without her knowledge. | 她的选美指导没跟她商量就去找了电视台制作人 |
[25:19] | When they approached Donna, | 当制作人找唐娜的时候 |
[25:21] | she turned them down and promptly fired her coach. | 她果断拒绝 并马上解雇了她的指导 |
[25:24] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[25:24] | After you left court, we talked. | 你离开法庭以后我们聊了 |
[25:26] | She told me everything, which I verified. | 她全都告诉我了 我也都查证了 |
[25:30] | Why didn’t I do that? | 我怎么没这么做 |
[25:31] | It’s obvious. | 很明显 |
[25:33] | You believe in the integrity of the pageant. | 你相信选美大赛的公正性 |
[25:35] | When the evidence went one way, you followed it. | 当证据指向一个方向时 你就跟了上去 |
[25:38] | Yeah, but I believed in the pageant more than the queen. | 但比起选美皇后 我更相信大赛 |
[25:42] | I refused to listen to my own client. | 我拒绝听取我委托人的说法 |
[25:45] | What do we do now? | 现在该怎么办 |
[25:47] | Donna, I just want to say how sorry I am. | 唐娜 我真的很抱歉 |
[25:50] | Well, I guess under the circumstances, | 换做是我 在那种情况下 |
[25:51] | I wouldn’t have believed me, either. | 我也不会相信我自己 |
[25:55] | Okay, so, the way I see it — | 我是这么认为的 |
[25:57] | someone must have forged that memo | 一定有人伪造了那份备忘录 |
[25:58] | and left it for you to find. | 故意让你发现 |
[25:59] | So you think I was sabotaged. | 所以你认为是有人蓄意为之 |
[26:01] | Well, it wouldn’t be the first time something like this has happened. | 这种事情也不是第一次发生了 |
[26:04] | In 2007, Miss Puerto Rico’s makeup was spiked with pepper spray. | 2007年 波多黎各小姐的化妆品里被混入了胡椒粉 |
[26:08] | And in 2010, Miss Australia was stuck with pins from her costume | 2010年 澳大利亚小姐就在她上台之前 |
[26:11] | moments before she took the stage. | 被她衣服里的针戳中了 |
[26:13] | So maybe another contestant left a phony memo for me to find. | 也许有位选手伪造了一份备忘录让我发现 |
[26:16] | Knowing that you would come forward and be disgraced. | 知道你会站出来出丑 |
[26:21] | I might have something. | 我发现了点情况 |
[26:22] | Great. Let’s hear it. | 很好 说来听听 |
[26:23] | Since we’re looking at other contestants, | 既然我们在调查其他选手 |
[26:25] | I wanted to find out who had the most to gain | 我想知道如果唐娜出局的话 |
[26:26] | by Donna’s removal from the pageant. | 最大的受益者是谁 |
[26:28] | What did you find out? | 你发现了什么 |
[26:30] | Turns out Vegas oddsmakers bet on the Miss universal pageant, | 赌城的赔率制定者们在赌世界小姐 |
[26:33] | and Donna was the favorite to win, until the lawsuit. | 而直到诉讼前 唐娜的赔率是最高的 |
[26:37] | Okay. So, who’s the new favorite? | 好 那新宠是谁 |
[26:39] | Miss china. | 中国小姐 |
[26:41] | China’s never won before. | 中国之前从没赢过 |
[26:43] | True, but she’s gorgeous. | 没错 但她美极了 |
[26:44] | Not to mention she got a boost when they added more weight | 更不用说在大赛方增加才艺的比重后 |
[26:46] | to the talent portion. | 她优势更大了 |
[26:48] | The girl can rock a piano. | 她是钢琴高手 |
[26:49] | Okay, Donna, who all was in the greenroom | 唐娜 你发现备忘录前 |
[26:51] | right before you found the memo? | 都有谁在休息室里 |
[26:54] | Miss China. | 中国小姐 |
[26:55] | But she’s a friend. | 但她是我朋友 |
[26:57] | She would never do anything to hurt me. | 她不可能害我 |
[26:59] | We’re gonna have to talk to her. | 我们得找她聊一聊了 |
[27:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:04] | Her name’s Lanfen, and she goes to the cafe by her hotel | 她叫兰芬 每天上午休息时 |
[27:07] | every day during her morning break. | 她都去酒店边的咖啡馆 |
[27:09] | Great. Let’s go get some coffee. | 很好 我们去喝杯咖啡吧 |
[27:13] | I’d never do anything to put those kids in danger. | 我绝不会做任何伤害孩子们的事 |
[27:16] | I just wanted them to have a perfect afternoon. | 我只想让他们过个愉快的下午 |
[27:20] | – So you took them to the pier. – Yeah. | -所以你把他们带去了码头 -对 |
[27:22] | I-I wanted them to experience the majesty of the waves, | 我想让他们感受海浪的壮观 |
[27:27] | the beauty of the dolphins breaching. | 以及海豚破浪时的美妙 |
[27:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:33] | Being a coach is like being a parent, isn’t it? | 做教练就像做父母一样 是吗 |
[27:35] | Oh, I’d say so. | 可不是啊 |
[27:37] | Would you also say that you apply your parental judgment | 所以你在和队员们相处时 |
[27:39] | when dealing with the team? | 会代入父亲的角色 |
[27:41] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[27:43] | This document is people’s Exhibit “C.” What is it? | 这份文件是公诉方证物C 这是什么 |
[27:48] | – Affidavit. – Filed by? | -宣誓书 -签署人是 |
[27:53] | My daughter, Kimberly Kaswell. | 我女儿 金伯利·卡斯维 |
[27:56] | The affidavit was filed as part of | 这份书面陈述是她申请 |
[27:57] | her application for college financial aid. | 大学助学金时写的 |
[28:00] | Objection. We had no notice. | 反对 我方没有获得通知 |
[28:01] | It’s impeachment. Notice isn’t required. | 这是控告 不需要通知 |
[28:04] | Your honor, we’d like the witness to, | 法官大人 我方想请证人 |
[28:07] | read the highlighted portion. | 读出高亮部分 |
[28:14] | “My father is not a presence in my life. | 我的父亲没有出现在我的生活中 |
[28:17] | “He is unwilling to help me with my educational expenses. | 他不愿帮我负担教育开支 |
[28:21] | “I have had no meaningful contact with him for years. | 我和他数年来都没有实质性交流 |
[28:27] | and I don’t see that changing.” | 未来也将是如此 |
[28:30] | None of this has any relevance | 这些都与我方委托人 |
[28:31] | to my client’s state of mind at the time of the field trip. | 码头之行的心理状态无关 |
[28:34] | Ms. Kaswell’s own words show a history of | 卡斯维女士本人的文字表明了 |
[28:36] | irresponsible behavior when it comes to children. | 他对于孩子有不负责任的历史 |
[28:39] | I agree. The jury may consider the affidavit. | 我同意 请陪审团对宣誓书予以考虑 |
[28:45] | I never knew that you had to write a letter to your college. | 我都不知道你给你学校写过信 |
[28:48] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久前的事了 |
[28:50] | I was a terrible father. | 我真是个差劲的父亲 |
[28:52] | It was unfair of me to show up like I did. | 我不该突然出现 |
[28:54] | Dad, let’s just go home. | 爸 我们还是回家吧 |
[28:55] | No. You know what? I-I want to take the plea. | 不了 我准备接受抗辩 |
[29:00] | You won’t be able to coach again. | 那你再也做不成教练了 |
[29:01] | You’ll lose the Bulldogs. | 你将失去斗牛犬队 |
[29:02] | Look, Kimmy, I’m a goofball most of the time. | 小金 我一直以来都是个傻瓜 |
[29:04] | But now I’m being serious. Please, take the plea. | 但我现在是认真的 接受抗辩吧 |
[29:09] | I’ll go home… my home. | 我会回家的 自己的家 |
[29:17] | Ms. Kaswell. | 卡斯维女士 |
[29:19] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[29:20] | I’m the mother who called the police | 是我报的警 |
[29:21] | when my son Michael wasn’t at the park. | 当时我儿子麦克不在公园里 |
[29:22] | – I’m so sorry. – No. This isn’t your fault. | -我真的很抱歉 -不 这不是你的错 |
[29:25] | Michael’s a shy kid. | 麦克比较内向 |
[29:27] | I thought joining a team | 我以为让他加入球队 |
[29:28] | might bring him out of his shell, but it didn’t. | 可以让他活跃起来 但却没有 |
[29:31] | Then your dad showed up. | 然后你父亲出现了 |
[29:33] | The man has endless patience | 他非常有耐心 |
[29:34] | and he really gets through to the kids. | 他确实能理解孩子们的想法 |
[29:37] | I know it’s none of my business, | 我知道这不关我的事 |
[29:38] | But whatever happened between the two of you in the past, | 但无论你们之前发生过什么 |
[29:42] | you can be proud of him now. | 你现在有理由为他自豪了 |
[29:45] | He’s a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[29:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:07] | Got a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[30:08] | Donna, what are you doing here? | 唐娜 你在这做什么 |
[30:11] | You figured she’d just disappear, didn’t you? | 你以为她就这么消失了 是吗 |
[30:14] | I’m happy to see her. Uh, who are you? | 我很高兴见到她 你是谁 |
[30:18] | She’s a lawyer. | 她是位律师 |
[30:19] | Lanfen, can we talk to you for just a minute? | 兰芬 我们能和你聊一会吗 |
[30:22] | – I guess. – I’ll cut to the chase. | -好吧 -我们开门见山 |
[30:24] | We believe you sabotaged Donna. | 我们认为你蓄意陷害唐娜 |
[30:28] | That’s crazy. | 这是什么话 |
[30:30] | Come on, lanfen. | 得了 兰芬 |
[30:31] | You planted that fake memo, and you know it. | 就是你放了那份假备忘录 |
[30:34] | We were friends. | 我们是朋友啊 |
[30:37] | And this conversation — it’s over. | 这场对话 到此结束 |
[30:39] | You know, now that donna is disqualified, | 现在唐娜被取消资格以后 |
[30:42] | you’re the favorite to win, | 你成为了夺冠热门 |
[30:44] | and we know that you were in that greenroom right before her, | 而且你就在她之前待在休息室里 |
[30:46] | giving you the perfect opportunity. | 时机恰到好处 |
[30:48] | I wasn’t in the greenroom. | 我不在休息室里 |
[30:51] | I got called out last minute. | 我被临时叫出去了 |
[30:53] | Really? By whom? | 是吗 谁找你 |
[30:57] | The head of pageant P.R. | 选美大赛的公关负责人 |
[31:00] | He wanted me to take some publicity photos. | 他想让我去拍几张宣传照 |
[31:02] | There are no publicity photos taken during the rehearsals. | 排练的时候是不会拍宣传照的 |
[31:05] | I know. I thought it was strange, but, you know, | 我知道 我觉得很奇怪 |
[31:08] | he said he needed a photo of me with my country’s flag. | 但他说要一张配有我们国旗的照片 |
[31:13] | I still have his text message. | 我还留着他的短信 |
[31:17] | I’m really sorry, lanfen. | 很抱歉 兰芬 |
[31:20] | I was sad when you lost your title…honest. | 你丧失资格的时候我很难过 真的 |
[31:29] | That was awful. | 太可怕了 |
[31:30] | I feel badly for accusing her, | 我为指控她感到抱歉 |
[31:31] | but she did have the most to gain. | 但她确实获益最大 |
[31:34] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[31:35] | The big winners at pageants aren’t just the contestants. | 选美大赛的最大赢家不仅是选手们 |
[31:37] | The countries win, too. | 代表的国家也能获利 |
[31:40] | You think a country forged the memo? | 你认为是某个国家伪造了备忘录 |
[31:42] | No, but I think all roads lead to china. | 不 但我认为一切证据都指向了中国 |
[31:45] | Donna, I know who rigged this pageant. | 唐娜 我知道是谁操控了选美大赛 |
[31:55] | Mr. Brownson you have business dealings across the globe, correct? | 布朗森先生 你在全球范围内都有商业往来 对吗 |
[31:59] | Yes. | 没错 |
[32:00] | And, currently, you have a pending deal | 而目前 你与中国澳门的一家赌场 |
[32:01] | for a casino in Macao, China? | 有一次未决的交易 |
[32:03] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[32:04] | Now, according to your corporate quarterly report, | 根据你们公司的季度报告 |
[32:07] | you have spent $450 million on the project | 你们已在该项目上投资4.5亿美元 |
[32:11] | but have yet to be approved for your gaming license. | 但你们的赌博许可证却尚未得到批准 |
[32:14] | We expect it any day now. | 我们随时都可能得到批准 |
[32:16] | Now, tell me, Mr. Bronson, | 请告诉我 布朗森先生 |
[32:18] | you testified that you were recently in Macao. | 你证实自己最近在澳门 |
[32:21] | Did you meet with any government officials? | 你与政府官员有过会晤吗 |
[32:23] | Yes, the minister of their Gaming Commission. | 是的 我见过博彩委员会主任 |
[32:27] | And? | 还有呢 |
[32:29] | And the minister of arts and culture. | 还有艺术文化部部长 |
[32:32] | Did you promise the minister of arts and culture | 你是否向艺术文化部部长承诺过 |
[32:34] | that Miss China would win the pageant | 如果他们向博彩委员施压 |
[32:36] | if they pressured the gaming commissioner | 批准贵赌场的许可证 |
[32:38] | to get you a license for your casino? | 中国小姐就可以赢得选美大赛 |
[32:40] | That’s ridiculous. | 简直荒谬 |
[32:42] | Now, isn’t it true that you recently changed the pageant rules | 你最近更改大赛规则 加重了才艺展示的分量 |
[32:45] | to give more weight to the talent competition, | 以此来帮助中国小姐获胜 |
[32:48] | thus favoring Miss China? | 这是真的吗 |
[32:49] | I don’t know who the rule change favored. | 我不知道更改规则会帮到谁 |
[32:52] | Well, as of three days ago, | 三天前 |
[32:54] | Donna Andrews was still the odds-on favorite. | 唐娜·安德鲁斯依旧是夺冠热门 |
[32:56] | So you had to find a way to disqualify her. | 所以你必须想办法取消她的参赛资格 |
[32:59] | Hence, you had your P.R. Head plant a fake memo, | 因此 你让公关负责人栽赃了一份假备忘录 |
[33:03] | knowing that Donna would find it and go public. | 知道唐娜会发现并公之于众 |
[33:05] | I mean, I have to admit — it’s kind of brilliant. | 不得不承认 这招很聪明 |
[33:09] | Anyway, on the day my client found the memo, | 总之 我方委托人发现备忘录的那天 |
[33:12] | you had your head of P.R. take publicity photos of Miss China, | 你让公关负责人安排中国小姐拍了宣传照 |
[33:16] | – didn’t you? – If you say so. | -对吗 -如果你这么说的话 |
[33:17] | Oh, I do say so. | 我就是这么说的 |
[33:19] | And, in fact, we subpoenaed his email account | 事实上 我们传讯了他的电邮账户 |
[33:21] | and discovered that those photos were subsequently sent | 发现那些宣传照随后发送给了 |
[33:24] | to an official at the Chinese ministry of arts and culture. | 中国艺术文化部的一位官员 |
[33:28] | Now, of course, we did — we contacted that official, | 当然 我们联系了这名官员 |
[33:32] | and he told us that the photos | 他告诉我们那些照片 |
[33:33] | were for Miss China’s victory parade, | 是为中国小姐的胜利游行准备的 |
[33:36] | which has already been scheduled. | 而游行已经安排妥当 |
[33:38] | But she hasn’t won the pageant yet…or has she? | 但她尚未赢得大赛 还是说早已内定了呢 |
[33:50] | I refuse to answer on the grounds it might incriminate me. | 我拒绝回答这个问题 以免自证其罪 |
[33:52] | That’s a good idea, | 好主意 |
[33:54] | since bribing a government official | 因为贿赂政府官员 |
[33:55] | is a violation of the foreign corrupt practices act, | 将违反《反海外腐败法》 |
[33:58] | whether it is suitcases full of cash or a simple pageant crown. | 无论行贿的是一箱现金还是一顶选美大赛桂冠 |
[34:05] | Boys, you can arrest him now. | 伙计们 你们现在就可以逮捕他了 |
[34:08] | Based on this newly discovered evidence, | 根据这份新发现的证据 |
[34:10] | we ask that you reverse your earlier ruling | 我方要求您撤回先前的裁决 |
[34:12] | and issue a verdict in favor of my client. | 并做出支持我方委托人的判决 |
[34:15] | So ordered. | 批准 |
[34:20] | Oh, and Mr. Bronson… | 布朗森先生 |
[34:23] | …never mess with a beauty queen. | 绝不要惹选美皇后 |
[34:36] | I understand Mr. Kaswell is accepting the plea. | 所以说卡斯维先生接受抗辩 |
[34:39] | Yes, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[34:45] | No. | 不 |
[34:46] | Um, I’m sorry, your honor. | 抱歉 法官大人 |
[34:47] | My client rejects the plea. | 我方委托人拒绝抗辩 |
[34:49] | – What? – Kim. | -什么 -金 |
[34:51] | Dad, the jury needs to hear from someone else — me. | 爸 陪审团需要听听别人的说法 比如我 |
[34:59] | As you all now know, my father left me when I was a kid. | 大家都知道 我父亲在我小时候遗弃了我 |
[35:03] | He didn’t teach me how to ride a bike. | 他没有教我骑自行车 |
[35:05] | He didn’t attend my school play. | 他没出席过我们学校的话剧 |
[35:09] | And he certainly didn’t coach my baseball team. | 当然也没指导过我们的棒球队 |
[35:12] | He walked out, and I hated him for it. | 他离开了我 而我因此恨过他 |
[35:18] | But the man who walked out on me | 但那个当初遗弃我的人 |
[35:21] | isn’t the same man who stands before you today. | 与今天大家面前的这位已经判若两人 |
[35:24] | By coaching the Bulldogs, my father found a way | 通过指导斗牛犬队 我父亲成为了 |
[35:27] | to become the amazing man that I always wanted in my life. | 我生命中一直渴望拥有的优秀男人 |
[35:34] | Years ago, I would have told you to lock him up, | 几年前 我可能会让你们判他有罪 |
[35:37] | throw away the key. | 关他一辈子 |
[35:40] | But the man I hated — he no longer exists. | 但我曾经憎恨的那个男人已不复存在 |
[35:47] | Larry Kaswell is kind, and he’s decent. | 拉瑞·卡斯维为人善良正直 |
[35:53] | He’s responsible. | 他很有责任感 |
[35:56] | So please don’t punish who he was. | 所以请不要因为他的过去而惩罚他 |
[35:59] | Celebrate who he’s become. | 请祝福他如今脱胎换骨的样子 |
[36:03] | I know I will. | 我知道自己会这么做的 |
[36:10] | Thank you for meeting me. | 谢谢你抽空见我 |
[36:12] | Of course. What’s going on? | 别客气 有什么事 |
[36:13] | Well, for starters, the government is collecting | 首先 政府在为贿赂外国官员 |
[36:15] | fines from Bronson for bribing foreign officials, | 向布朗森收取罚款 |
[36:19] | and you are entitled to 30% of those fines. | 而且处罚金的30%归你所有 |
[36:23] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[36:24] | I know. But it gets better. | 开心吧 还有更好的消息 |
[36:25] | Okay, the U.S. Attorney was gonna force Bronson | 美国检察院本想强迫布朗森 |
[36:27] | to liquidate the pageant, but I had a better idea. | 清偿选美大赛的债务 但我有个更好的办法 |
[36:31] | In lieu of your 30%, I suggested that | 我建议将选美大赛交给你承办 |
[36:34] | they give the pageant to you. | 以此代替30%的处罚金 |
[36:38] | Give the pageant to me? | 把选美大赛交给我 |
[36:40] | I’d own the pageant? | 选美大赛归我承办了吗 |
[36:42] | Well, I mean, unless you prefer the cash. | 除非你更想要现金 |
[36:44] | Oh, my god! That’s amazing! | 天啊 太棒了 |
[36:48] | Oh, Jane, I promise to be the best pageant owner ever. | 简 我保证会做最出色的选美大赛承办人 |
[36:54] | And I vow to protect and defend | 我发誓要保护并维护 |
[37:02] | that are the soul of any true pageant queen. | 这些真正选美皇后的灵魂品质 |
[37:16] | Can I help you? | 有事找我吗 |
[37:17] | Uh…well, I won my qui tam case. | 我赢了共分罚款诉讼案 |
[37:19] | – Yep, that is great news. – Yes. | -真是个好消息 -是啊 |
[37:22] | Grayson already told me. | 格雷森已经告诉我了 |
[37:24] | What’s going on, Jane? | 怎么了 简 |
[37:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:28] | I know that you said no to Stacy, and I think I know why. | 我知道你拒绝了史黛西 我大概知道原因 |
[37:33] | Do you, now? | 是吗 |
[37:34] | Being a sperm donor for a lovely woman trying to have a baby? | 为一位想要孩子的可爱姑娘捐精 |
[37:38] | Owen, that is something you would do… | 欧文 这种忙你是愿意帮的 |
[37:41] | If it weren’t for me. | 如果不是因为我 |
[37:43] | So this is about you. | 这么说这事跟你有关 |
[37:46] | The only reason you said no is because you think | 你拒绝的唯一理由就是因为你认为 |
[37:47] | that we might still get back together, | 我们还有可能重修旧好 |
[37:49] | and if that is what you want, | 如果你想跟我复合 |
[37:51] | I’m ready to work through our issues | 我已经准备好处理我们之间的问题 |
[37:54] | and — and, someday, start a family of our own. | 并在将来组建我们俩自己的家庭 |
[37:59] | But if I’m wrong, and we’re really, really over, | 但如果我想错了 如果我们已破镜难圆 |
[38:05] | please, please be true to who you are | 拜托你要真诚对待自己的内心 |
[38:08] | and help Stacy start a family. | 帮助史黛西怀上这个孩子 |
[38:27] | Got your text. Am I going to jail? | 收到你的短信了 我要坐牢吗 |
[38:32] | The clerk called. | 书记员打来电话了 |
[38:34] | You’re home free, and you get to go back to coaching the Bulldogs. | 你可以回家了 而且可以继续执教斗牛犬队 |
[38:38] | But you have to continue living with me through the end of playoffs. | 但在季后赛结束前 你必须跟我一起住 |
[38:41] | Oh, well, great. Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[38:43] | I, uh… I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[38:45] | Look, I’ll be out of the house by the end of the championships, okay? | 锦标赛结束之后我就搬走 好吗 |
[38:49] | Not so fast. | 不用这么急 |
[38:52] | Once the baby’s here, I’m gonna need a little help, | 孩子出生之后 我需要人帮忙 |
[38:56] | so I expect you to pull your weight. | 我想让你充个数 |
[39:01] | I, uh — I don’t even know how to change a diaper. | 我都不知道怎么换尿布 |
[39:03] | Never learned. | 从没学过 |
[39:04] | I, uh — whew, boy. | 我 老天 |
[39:07] | I guess there’s a first time for everything, huh? | 凡事都有第一次 |
[39:09] | Well, you can start with this. | 你可以从这个开始学 |
[39:13] | – Oh, great. – Just pretend it’s a diaper bag. | -太棒了 -就假装这是个尿布袋 |
[39:16] | Hey, dad, I’ll meet you at the elevator. | 爸 电梯口见 |
[39:18] | All right, sweetheart. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[39:19] | – Grayson, got a minute? – Sure. What’s up? | -格雷森 现在有空吗 -有 什么事 |
[39:22] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[39:26] | Is something going on with you and Nicole? | 你和妮可之间有什么情况吗 |
[39:28] | I’m not judging you if there is. | 如果有 我不会看扁你 |
[39:30] | I mean, we all know I’ve found company with people at this office. | 众所周知 我自己也陷入了办公室恋情 |
[39:35] | Why are you asking? | 你为何要问 |
[39:36] | Come on. Lawyers and support staff? | 得了吧 律师和后勤人员搞到一起 |
[39:38] | I mean, if you’re serious with her, then fine. Good for you. | 如果你对她是认真的 那没问题 |
[39:41] | But if it’s just a fling, | 但如果只是及时行乐 |
[39:42] | they tend to end in tears and out-of-court settlements. | 那往往会以痛苦和庭外和解收场 |
[39:45] | So as a partner, I’m asking you to consider | 所以作为合伙人 我请你考虑一下 |
[39:47] | whether it’s worth ruining a long-term working relationship | 为了及时行乐而毁掉长期的工作关系 |
[39:51] | for a bit of fun. | 是否值得 |
[39:54] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会处理好的 |
[40:06] | Can we talk in private? | 咱们能私下谈谈吗 |
[40:09] | Everything okay? | 一切都还好吧 |
[40:11] | Let’s go outside. | 咱们出去谈吧 |
[40:23] | Nicole… I want to say that | 妮可 我想说 |
[40:26] | I’ve enjoyed the time we’ve spent together. | 我很享受我们共度的这段时光 |
[40:29] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[40:30] | But we both know it’s just been a fling, | 但我们都知道这只是及时行乐而已 |
[40:32] | and I’m not really a fling kind of guy. | 而我不是个及时行乐的人 |
[40:36] | Well, I appreciate you telling me. | 谢谢你坦诚地告诉我 |
[40:37] | So… | 所以 |
[40:40] | I’d like us to go on a date… | 我想跟你约会 |
[40:43] | Like, a real date… | 真正的约会 |
[40:45] | If that’s cool. | 如果你同意的话 |
[40:50] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[40:54] | But I got to warn you… | 但我要提醒你 |
[40:57] | I don’t sleep with guys on the first date. | 我不会在第一次约会跟人上床 |
[41:08] | Gonna go. | 我得走了 |
[41:09] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -好吧 -嗯 |
[41:20] | Hi, Stace. | 史黛西 |
[41:22] | Uh, do you have a minute? I’d like to talk now. | 你有空吗 我想跟你谈谈 |
[41:26] | Yeah, yeah. Sure. Of course. | 好的 没问题 |
[41:28] | Um, just packing up for the night. | 我已经在收拾东西了 |
[41:31] | Maybe I can take you out for a drink. | 我请你喝一杯好吗 |
[41:34] | Yeah, okay. | 好啊 |
[41:37] | Is everything okay, sweetie? | 一切都好吗 亲爱的 |
[41:40] | Jane, I’m having a baby. | 简 我就要有宝宝了 |
[41:44] | What? Oh, my God. What? | 什么 天啊 你说什么 |
[41:47] | Owen just told me that he changed his mind. | 欧文刚刚告诉我他改主意了 |
[41:51] | He’s gonna be my sperm donor. | 他答应做我的捐精者 |
[41:55] | Oh, my God. That… that’s amazing. | 天啊 太棒了 |
[41:56] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[41:57] | Um, I’m so happy for you. | 我真替你高兴 |