时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:04] | That’s me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:08] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:10] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:14] | So now I’m jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:15] | A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:19] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:21] | And the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | Well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:50] | Good morning. You two are up early. | 早 你们俩起得真早 |
[00:52] | I’m working on my list | 我正在列一张 |
[00:53] | of potential ex-boyfriend sperm donors. | 有可能捐精的前男友名单 |
[00:57] | And check this out. | 快看 |
[00:59] | I’m learning Chai tea. | 我在学习打泰茶 |
[01:00] | Paul, it is Tai Chi, not Chai tea. | 保罗 那叫太极 不是泰茶 |
[01:04] | Stace, are you sure an ex is better than an anonymous donor? | 史黛西 你真的觉得前男友比匿名捐精者好吗 |
[01:08] | Well, all of my ex-boyfriends had some good qualities, | 我前男友们都有某些不错的品质 |
[01:10] | So maybe they’ve got the right stuff to be a donor. | 也许还能贡献点优良基因 |
[01:13] | Martin Ward? Cross him off. | 马丁·沃德 把他划掉 |
[01:15] | But he was so sweet. | 但他很贴心 |
[01:17] | Last week, I saw him at the courthouse. | 但上周我在法庭见到他了 |
[01:19] | He’s been arrested for armed robbery. | 他因持械抢劫被捕了 |
[01:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:22] | But I still need to pick at least three. | 但我至少还得选三个 |
[01:24] | – Why three? – Paul has a great idea. | -为什么是三个 -保罗有个好主意 |
[01:26] | Tell her. | 告诉她 |
[01:27] | You know how Stacy can’t decide what to wear | 你知道史黛西如果不把三款不同的衣服摆出来 |
[01:28] | until she has three different outfits laid out? | 是无法决定今天穿啥的吧 |
[01:31] | Yeah? | 所以呢 |
[01:31] | That’s what I’m gonna do! | 这就是我要做的事情 |
[01:33] | I’ll invite my top three choices to a cocktail party, | 我会邀请我的前三名候选者参加鸡尾酒会 |
[01:35] | and by the end of the night, I’ll have a donor. | 而当酒会结束 我就能选出捐精者了 |
[01:38] | What could possibly go wrong? | 还真是个万全之策呢 |
[01:40] | So, Jane, Paul and I were wondering… | 简 保罗和我在想 |
[01:45] | Wait. The two of you were wondering something together? | 慢着 你们俩在一起考虑事情吗 |
[01:47] | Yes, we are both very concerned about your well-being. | 对 我们都对你的现状表示担忧 |
[01:51] | How are you and Owen? | 你和欧文怎么样了 |
[01:52] | We know he came over here the other night. | 我们知道他前几天来过 |
[01:55] | Yeah. | 对 |
[01:56] | He apologized for being rough on me at work, | 他说他不该公报私仇 |
[02:00] | but I have no idea if he is open to more. | 但我不知道他是否愿意更进一步 |
[02:04] | And by more, you mean… | 而说到进一步 你的意思是 |
[02:06] | I mean forgiving me and taking me back. | 原谅我 重新接纳我 |
[02:08] | – Jane, you need to touch him. – Mm-hmm. | -简 你和欧文得有身体接触 -对 |
[02:11] | Find an excuse to touch Owen. | 找借口跟他进行身体接触 |
[02:13] | Brush up against him in a meeting or an elevator. | 在电梯或会议中和他擦身而过 |
[02:16] | If he still cares, it will be electric. | 如果他还在乎你 就会擦出火花 |
[02:19] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[02:20] | When you touch a guy, his response says it all. | 当你和男人进行身体接触 他的反应就能说明一切 |
[02:26] | Owen! | 欧文 |
[02:31] | Good morning. | 早 |
[02:31] | Uh, hello. What’s going on? | 你好 这是怎么了 |
[02:34] | Jane Bingum. Brad Pines. | 简·宾格温 这是布莱德·派恩斯 |
[02:37] | Brad is a chemistry grad student at Cal U. | 布莱德是加州大学的一名化学专业研究生 |
[02:39] | This morning, he dropped his professor off at LAX. | 他今天早上开车送他教授去洛杉矶国际机场 |
[02:41] | He’s supposed to give the keynote | 他教授要作为重要讲演者 |
[02:42] | at a conference in Prague, | 在布拉格的会议中进行演讲 |
[02:43] | But he was arrested for trying to smuggle drugs | 但是他却因意图走私毒品出国这一罪名 |
[02:45] | out of the country. | 而被逮捕了 |
[02:46] | They’re holding him at the airport. | 他们现在把他关押在机场 |
[02:48] | I will get my bag. | 我去拿我的包 |
[02:51] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:52] | – Touch him. – Okay. | -身体接触 -好 |
[02:54] | You need to touch him. | 你们得有身体接触 |
[02:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:58] | It’s a computer fantasy game called “Forevermore.” | 这是一款叫做《永无止尽》的幻想游戏 |
[03:01] | My boyfriend, Craig, created it. | 而我男朋友克雷格是这款游戏的开发者 |
[03:04] | Now there’s major interest from | 现在各大游戏发行商和电影工作室 |
[03:05] | publishers and movie studios. | 都对这款游戏表现出了极大的兴趣 |
[03:07] | If you need me to negotiate the contracts, | 如果你需要我们替你协商有关合同事宜 |
[03:09] | I’m happy to meet with Craig and — | 我很乐意和克雷格见个面 |
[03:11] | He was killed in a hit-and-run just over two years ago. | 他在两年前的一场交通肇事逃逸中丧生 |
[03:16] | I’m so sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[03:16] | And now that “Forevermore” might be worth millions, | 现在《永无止尽》也许身价数百万 |
[03:20] | His estranged parents are claiming his estate. | 而他久未联系的父母则希望能够获得该游戏的产权 |
[03:23] | This game is Craig’s legacy. | 这款游戏可是克雷格的毕生心血 |
[03:27] | I can’t let them control it. | 我不能让他们获得掌控权 |
[03:28] | Well, if Craig didn’t leave a will, | 如果克雷格并未立下遗嘱 |
[03:30] | Then his parents are entitled to everything. | 那么他的父母则可继承他的所有财产 |
[03:33] | We were together for eight years. | 我们在一起生活了八年 |
[03:35] | Doesn’t that make me his common-law wife? | 这难道不构成同居婚姻吗 |
[03:37] | California doesn’t recognize common-law marriage. | 加利福尼亚不承认同居婚姻 |
[03:40] | The probate hearing is today. | 遗嘱认证听证会就在今天 |
[03:43] | Today? | 今天 |
[03:46] | I didn’t think it would come to this. | 我没想过事情会闹到这个地步 |
[03:47] | When Craig dropped out of college, | 当克雷格从大学辍学时 |
[03:49] | his parents cut him off. | 他的父母和他断绝了关系 |
[03:51] | They acted like he didn’t even exist. | 就如同他从未存在过一般 |
[03:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:55] | Okay, let’s get down to the courthouse. | 好 我会去趟法庭 |
[03:56] | I’ll see what I can do. | 看看我能做些什么 |
[04:01] | Found methamphetamine in the lining of your duffel bag. | 机场在你行李的夹层中发现了冰毒 |
[04:03] | Professor, did you pack the bag yourself? | 教授 您的行李是自己收拾的吗 |
[04:05] | No. No, the bag wasn’t mine. | 不 那包不是我的 |
[04:08] | My girlfriend, Melody — | 是我女朋友美乐蒂 |
[04:09] | She asked me to bring it to her in Prague. | 她让我把这个包给她带去布拉格 |
[04:11] | Brad said you were going there for a conference. | 布莱德说你是去参加会议的 |
[04:13] | That’s correct. | 对 |
[04:14] | Melody works as a model, mostly in Europe. | 美乐蒂是模特 大部分时间在欧洲工作 |
[04:17] | She got a last-minute runway gig in Prague | 她让我正好趁这次参加会议 |
[04:19] | that was at the same time as my conference. | 给她带些她在布拉格走台要用的装备 |
[04:21] | Tell me more about the bag. | 再多跟我说点那个包的信息 |
[04:22] | Melody e-mailed me yesterday. | 美乐蒂昨晚给我发了电邮 |
[04:24] | She said the last time she was in L.A., | 她说上次来洛杉矶时 |
[04:25] | she left some stuff at a friend’s place. | 她把一些东西落在朋友家了 |
[04:27] | That friend brought the bag to my house last night | 昨天晚上她朋友把包送到了我家 |
[04:29] | so I could bring it to Melody. | 让我把包送给美乐蒂 |
[04:30] | Did you meet this friend? | 你和这个朋友碰面了吗 |
[04:32] | No. She just left the bag by the side door. | 没有 她把包留在侧门外就走了 |
[04:36] | Well, I looked inside. It was just clothing. | 我看了看 都是些衣服 |
[04:38] | Professor, we have to prove | 教授 我们必须得证明 |
[04:39] | that you had no knowledge that the drugs were in the bag. | 你对包中的毒品并不知情 |
[04:42] | I had no knowledge, okay? | 我完全不知情 |
[04:43] | Now, please, just — just call Melody. | 拜托 请打电话联系美乐蒂 |
[04:45] | She’s staying at the Intercontinental in Prague. | 她住在布拉格的洲际酒店 |
[04:47] | She’ll tell you her friend’s name, | 她会告诉你她朋友的名字 |
[04:48] | and we’ll get this all sorted out. | 到时候就真相大白了 |
[05:08] | Kim! | 金 |
[05:10] | Vanessa. | 瓦内萨 |
[05:11] | When are you due? | 你预产期什么时候 |
[05:12] | Two months. You? | 还有两个月 你呢 |
[05:13] | The same. | 跟你一样 |
[05:15] | I haven’t seen you since, um… | 好久没见 自从… |
[05:17] | Since I, uh, left Grayson at the altar. | 自从我抛下格雷森从教堂落跑之后 |
[05:20] | Yeah, you must think I’m horrible. | 对 你肯定觉得我是个大烂人 |
[05:22] | Oh, I — I — I think it’s none of my business. | 我觉得这和我无关 |
[05:25] | So, how much do you love being pregnant? | 怀孕过程很享受吧 |
[05:27] | Oh, um, so much. | 太享受了 |
[05:31] | We should, like, schedule lunch sometime, | 我们应该约个时间共进午餐 |
[05:33] | Compare notes on night nurses and nannies, doulas, | 分享一下有关于夜间护士 保姆和助产士的心得 |
[05:36] | – the whole shebang. – Yeah, all those things. | -聊聊全过程 -没错 全过程 |
[05:39] | – Oh, my god. – Everything okay? | -天啊 -你还好吗 |
[05:41] | My amazing husband just got us the Bugaboo stroller. | 我的完美老公刚给我们宝宝买了一辆博格步婴儿车 |
[05:46] | The waiting list is, what, like, a year? | 要买这个牌子得等差不多一年吧 |
[05:48] | And every good mom needs a Bugaboo. | 每个妈妈都需要一辆博格步 |
[05:51] | Ooh, god. I got to go. | 天啊 我得走了 |
[05:52] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[05:53] | You too. Okay. | 我也是 好 |
[06:04] | Paul, listen closely. | 保罗 仔细听着 |
[06:05] | I need you to get me the Bugaboo stroller. | 你得帮我弄一辆博格步婴儿车 |
[06:08] | No, the Bugaboo, okay? | 不 博格步牌的 听清了吗 |
[06:10] | Whatever it costs, whatever it takes. | 不计任何代价 |
[06:13] | – Let’s go. We’re late. – Okay. | -走 我们迟到了 -好 |
[06:15] | 20 minutes till the arraignment. | 离传讯只剩二十分钟了 |
[06:16] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:18] | I was trying to reach the professor’s girlfriend. | 我试图联系教授的女朋友 |
[06:20] | Any luck? | 有收获吗 |
[06:21] | Well, she’s registered at the hotel, | 她在酒店预定了房间 |
[06:22] | but she hasn’t checked in yet. | 但还没有去前台登记 |
[06:24] | Oh, and Teri is tracking down her modeling agency. | 泰丽在追踪她的模特经纪公司 |
[06:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:37] | We’re gonna be late. | 我们要迟到了 |
[06:39] | Uh, you know, I was thinking, | 我在想 |
[06:40] | If the teacher from “Breaking bad” can cook up meth, | 如果《绝命毒师》里的老师都能自制毒品 |
[06:43] | then it’d be a snap for a college professor. | 那对大学教授来说就更是小菜一碟 |
[06:45] | Yeah, well, it’s one thing to cook it up. | 制毒是一回事 |
[06:46] | It’s another to smuggle it illegally out of the country. | 走私毒品出国境就是另一回事了 |
[06:49] | Right. | 对 |
[06:50] | Oh, that’s me. | 是我的电话 |
[07:04] | Jane, are you okay? | 简 你还好吗 |
[07:06] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine. | 我挺好 |
[07:09] | Okay. Good. | 很好 |
[07:17] | Federal customs officers, acting on an anonymous tip | 联邦海关警员根据今晨7点14分 |
[07:19] | from the homeland security hotline this morning at 7:14, | 从国土安全热线处接到的匿名线报展开行动 |
[07:23] | Searched the defendant’s luggage | 搜索了被告的行李 |
[07:24] | and found a kilo of methamphetamine. | 并发现了一公斤安非他命 |
[07:27] | We’re filing charges for possession with intent to distribute. | 我们以涉嫌分销毒品对其提起诉讼 |
[07:31] | My client enters a not guilty plea. | 我方委托人将进行无罪抗辩 |
[07:32] | We also request reasonable bail. | 我们也将要求合理的保释金额 |
[07:35] | We ask the defendant be held without bail. | 我们申请将被告关押 不得保释 |
[07:37] | He’s scheduled to travel to Taiwan next month | 他下个月还要飞赴台湾 |
[07:39] | for a chemical manufacturer’s board meeting, | 参加一次化学物质生产商的董事会 |
[07:41] | And since Taiwan doesn’t have an extradition treaty, | 而由于台湾没有引渡条例 |
[07:45] | He’s a flight risk. | 他存在潜逃危险 |
[07:46] | The professor will cancel his trip and surrender his passport. | 教授会取消行程并上缴护照 |
[07:48] | With his international connections, | 以他在别国的人脉 |
[07:49] | He could still find a way out of the U.S. | 他总是能从美国潜逃 |
[07:51] | I agree. Defendant will be held without bail. | 我同意 被告不得保释 |
[07:58] | Why didn’t you tell the judge about Melody’s friend? | 你们为什么不跟提起美乐蒂的朋友呢 |
[08:02] | I got an e-mail in the courtroom from my assistant. | 上庭时我收到了助理的电邮 |
[08:06] | She’s contacted the top two dozen modeling agencies in the U.S. | 她询问了美国的二十多所顶尖模特经纪公司 |
[08:09] | And no one has heard of a model named Melody Lanthum. | 但没人听说过一位名叫美乐蒂·兰瑟姆的模特 |
[08:13] | That’s because Melody’s based in London. | 那是因为美乐蒂在伦敦出道 |
[08:15] | You need to talk to agencies in London. | 你需要问问伦敦的经纪公司 |
[08:16] | Professor, we can’t help but feel | 教授 我们感觉 |
[08:19] | there’s something you’re not telling us. | 你向我们隐瞒了一些实情 |
[08:21] | Well, uh… | 那个 |
[08:24] | Melody and I, um… | 美乐蒂和我 |
[08:26] | We haven’t actually met. | 我们其实没见过面 |
[08:30] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[08:31] | I mean, we haven’t actually met in person. | 我们从未直接面谈过 |
[08:34] | We started | 两个月前 |
[08:35] | chatting two months ago on a rainforest preservation website, | 我们开始在一个保护热带雨林的网站上聊天 |
[08:38] | And that led to emails and IMs. And we just… | 然后开始发邮件和即时消息 我们就… |
[08:43] | we just fell for each other. | 就这样爱上了彼此 |
[08:45] | But with Melody working in Europe and my busy schedule, | 但美乐蒂在欧洲工作 而且我也很忙 |
[08:47] | we hadn’t had a chance to meet, so… | 我们还没来得及见面 所以 |
[08:50] | You’re welcome to read our correspondence. | 你们可以看看我们的通讯记录 |
[08:52] | Yeah. Actually, that could be helpful. | 好的 这也许会很有帮助 |
[08:54] | Okay. I’ll have my research assistant | 那好 我会让研究助理 |
[08:56] | bring you my external hard drive. | 把我的外置硬盘给你们 |
[08:57] | Right. | 行 |
[08:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:59] | You know, more than 50% of couples these days meet online. | 要知道 如今超过半数的夫妇都在网上相识 |
[09:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:04] | I mean, most of them meet in person before becoming a couple. | 他们中大多数都是先见面 再结为夫妻的 |
[09:07] | Well, I don’t — I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[09:08] | if you’re in a relationship, Ms. Bingum, | 你现在有没有男友 宾格温女士 |
[09:10] | But for me, i’ve found dating to be really difficult. | 但对我来说 约会真的很困难 |
[09:14] | And with Melody, we just connected. | 可是我和美乐蒂却一拍即合 |
[09:17] | It’s that simple. | 就是这么简单 |
[09:25] | Those are Craig’s parents. | 那是克雷格的父母 |
[09:27] | I tried to say hi, but they just walked by. | 我本想打招呼 但他们理都不理我 |
[09:29] | Mr. And Mrs. Bailey, | 贝利夫妇 |
[09:31] | if your lawyer’s not here in 60 seconds, | 如果你们的律师在一分钟内还不到场 |
[09:33] | I will be forced to dismiss this case. | 我只能被迫驳回诉讼 |
[09:35] | Sorry, Judge. I’m here. | 抱歉 法官大人 我来了 |
[09:37] | Seven months’ pregnant. | 怀孕七个月了 |
[09:38] | I got to pee every 10 minutes. | 我每十分钟就得跑厕所 |
[09:40] | Great. | 这下好了 |
[09:41] | Your Honor, my clients’ son, Craig Bailey, | 法官大人 我方委托人的儿子克雷格·贝利 |
[09:44] | died tragically two years ago without a will. | 在两年前不幸死去 并未留下遗嘱 |
[09:47] | Now, because he had no surviving children, | 现在 因为他没有尚存子女 |
[09:49] | his parents inherit his estate. | 他的父母理应继承财产 |
[09:51] | That’s correct. | 说得没错 |
[09:52] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 打扰一下 法官大人 |
[09:53] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[09:54] | If I may, Kim Kaswell. | 恕我冒昧 我是金·卡斯维 |
[09:56] | I’d like to intervene under CCP 387 | 代表我方委托人琼·弗雷泽 |
[09:58] | on behalf of my client, | 死者生前一直在交往的女友 |
[10:00] | June Frazier, the decedent’s long-term girlfriend. | 我根据《民事诉讼法》第387条 请求干预 |
[10:03] | Ms. Frazier was neither Craig Bailey’s spouse | 弗雷泽女士既不是克雷格·贝利的配偶 |
[10:05] | nor registered domestic partner. | 也不是已注册家庭伴侣 |
[10:06] | While that’s true, my client has a claim | 即使如此 根据《赡养费法》 |
[10:08] | to Craig’s estate under Palimony Law. | 我方委托人有权继承克雷格的财产 |
[10:11] | That is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[10:12] | Maybe, but color me intrigued. | 也许吧 但我倒有点感兴趣了 |
[10:15] | I’ll set aside time for arguments this afternoon. | 下午我会留点时间供你们辩论 |
[10:21] | Owen asked me to tell you that he | 欧文让我告诉你 |
[10:23] | headed over to the courthouse to get the bench notes. | 他去法院拿法庭记录了 |
[10:25] | Okay. | 收到 |
[10:26] | And this is Beth, your client’s research assistant. | 这位是贝丝 你委托人的研究助理 |
[10:29] | -Hello. -Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[10:32] | Professor Kane’s external drive. | 这是凯恩教授的外置硬盘 |
[10:33] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[10:35] | And I just want to say, I heard about the charges. | 我想说 我听说了诉讼指控 |
[10:38] | And I can assure you, he’s innocent. | 我可以向你保证 他是无辜的 |
[10:41] | Glad to hear it. | 很高兴听到你这么说 |
[10:42] | He wasn’t motivated by money. | 他并非因财起意 |
[10:44] | And he was so proud of the research | 而且他为即将在布拉格介绍的研究 |
[10:45] | he was gonna present in Prague. | 感到很骄傲 |
[10:47] | He would never jeopardize that. | 他绝对不想搞砸这个机会 |
[10:49] | Beth, how much do you know | 贝丝 你有多了解 |
[10:51] | about the Professor’s personal life? | 教授的私人生活 |
[10:53] | He didn’t have one. | 他根本没有私生活 |
[10:54] | He was in the lab seven days a week. | 他每天都在实验室里 |
[10:56] | Do you know if he had a girlfriend? | 你知道他有女友了吗 |
[10:59] | No, I — I don’t think so. | 不 应该不会吧 |
[11:01] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[11:06] | Could you please describe your relationship with Craig? | 请你描述一下你和克雷格的关系 |
[11:09] | We were in a exclusive, committed relationship for eight years. | 八年来 我们确定了忠诚的男女关系 |
[11:13] | And you were planning a future together? | 你们也在一起计划未来吗 |
[11:16] | Yes, we wanted a big family. | 当然 我们想建立一个大家庭 |
[11:19] | Truth is, we’d been trying for three years, but… | 说实话 我们尝试了三年 但… |
[11:25] | We weren’t as lucky as you or Ms. Hemmings. | 我们不像你或者海明斯女士一样幸运 |
[11:29] | In fact, we were just about to start a round of IVF when Craig died. | 其实在克雷格死前 我们刚准备开始试管受精 |
[11:34] | Your Honor, Ms. Frazier’s testimony must be limited | 法官大人 弗雷泽女士的证词必须局限于 |
[11:37] | to whether she and Craig had an understanding | 她和克雷格是否协商一致 |
[11:39] | that they would share equally in the results of their combined efforts. | 他们共同努力得来的成果应该均摊 |
[11:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:44] | We combined our income, we split household chores. | 我们合并收入 分担家务 |
[11:47] | I mean, when he was writing code, | 当他在写程序时 |
[11:48] | I would do most of the housework. | 我会完成大部分家务 |
[11:50] | But when he needed my help with graphics, | 但是当他需要我帮他解决制图问题时 |
[11:52] | he would cook and clean. | 他就会做饭打扫 |
[11:53] | We were married in every respect. | 从各方面看 我们与结婚无异 |
[11:57] | Your Honor, we contend | 法官大人 我们认为 |
[11:58] | that the 1977 Lee Marvin palimony case | 1977年的李·马文赡养费案 |
[12:01] | should apply to Craig and June’s relationship. | 应当适用于克雷格和琼的关系 |
[12:03] | The Marvin case dealt with a break-up, not a death. | 马文一案中是分手 而不是一方死亡 |
[12:07] | So unless this court is prepared to make a new law, | 所以 除非法庭准备创造一条新法律 |
[12:10] | Palimony doesn’t apply. | 《赡养费法》并不适用 |
[12:11] | I’m inclined to agree. | 我也同意 |
[12:12] | Do you have any further arguments, Ms. Kaswell? | 你还有其他论证理由吗 卡斯维女士 |
[12:14] | Yes. | 有 |
[12:17] | But I’d like a recess to gather the necessary materials. | 但我希望能休庭来收集所需资料 |
[12:20] | You have until tomorrow. | 明天之内请务必完成 |
[12:26] | Hi. Why are you blocking me? | 你好 你干嘛要拦着我 |
[12:31] | You heard about Vanessa. | 你听说瓦内萨的事了 |
[12:32] | Look, I’m completely over. | 我完全忘掉她了 |
[12:33] | But tell me you’re kicking her ass in court. | 但一定要告诉我 你在庭上狠狠教训了她 |
[12:35] | Actually, she’s kicking mine. | 其实正好相反 |
[12:37] | In that case, I read your client memo. | 这样的话 我读了你的委托人备忘录 |
[12:39] | I think you’re looking at the facts wrong. | 我觉得你入手的角度不对 |
[12:41] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:43] | Yeah, you’re forcing the law | 是啊 你强迫法律 |
[12:44] | to recognize the romantic relationship. | 承认一段恋爱关系 |
[12:45] | You should go after the work relationship. | 你应该从工作关系入手 |
[12:47] | A couple that close, he works at home? | 一对如此亲密的恋人 他还在家工作 |
[12:49] | She’s got to be involved in some way. | 她肯定和他关系密切 |
[12:51] | She did say she helped out with the graphics. | 她确实提到了帮忙解决制图问题 |
[12:53] | There you go. | 这不就是吗 |
[12:53] | Under Copyright Law, you can argue June’s a co-creator. | 根据版权法 你可以说琼是共同创作者 |
[12:56] | It won’t get her everything. | 虽然不能帮她拿到一切 |
[12:57] | But it might get her some of what she deserves. | 但也许能让她得到应得的一部分 |
[13:00] | Hey, thanks, Grayson. | 多谢 格雷森 |
[13:02] | Trust me — here to help. | 相信我 我随时愿意帮忙 |
[13:09] | Is that the Bugaboo? | 这就是博格步婴儿车吗 |
[13:11] | Now, would I let you down? | 我没让你失望吧 |
[13:13] | What can I say, Paul? I’m impressed. | 我不知道说啥好了 保罗 我对你刮目相看 |
[13:15] | You can say I’m the best intern at the firm. | 你可以说我是公司里最棒的实习生 |
[13:18] | You’re the only intern at the firm. | 公司里只有你一个实习生 |
[13:20] | You’re very welcome, Ms. Kaswell. | 不用客气 卡斯维女士 |
[13:26] | Hey! So… | 那么 |
[13:29] | Did you touch Owen? Was there a spark? | 你触摸了欧文没 擦出了火花吗 |
[13:31] | Uh. I tried, and then my heel broke. | 我试过了 结果高跟鞋跟断了 |
[13:34] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:35] | Maybe it’s a sign to just keep my hands to myself. | 也许这是预示着我不该乱摸 |
[13:38] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干嘛 |
[13:39] | I picked the three exes I want to invite | 我选出了三个前男友 想邀请他们 |
[13:41] | to my sperm-donor cocktail party tonight — | 参加我今晚的捐精者鸡尾酒会 |
[13:44] | Finance guy, real-estate agent, and personal trainer. | 金融界的 房地产经纪人 还有私人教练 |
[13:47] | Wallet, homemaker, and bod. | 钱包 持家 还有身材 |
[13:48] | I remember them well. | 我记得很清楚 |
[13:49] | Do you think that I should tell them | 你觉得我该告诉他们 |
[13:50] | why I’m having them over for drinks? | 为什么请他们来喝酒吗 |
[13:53] | I say mum’s the word. | 还是不要说的好 |
[13:54] | Otherwise, they might not act naturally. | 否则 他们可能会表现得不自然 |
[13:56] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[13:58] | So, what are you reading? You looked a little emotional. | 你在读什么呢 你看起来有点激动 |
[14:02] | These e-mails from my professor client and his model girlfriend, | 我的教授委托人和他模特女友的来往邮件 |
[14:06] | Whom he’s never actually met. | 他并未真正见过他女友 |
[14:08] | That’s weird. | 这可真奇怪 |
[14:09] | I thought so, too. | 我也觉得 |
[14:10] | Anyway, they’ve been e-mailing for about two months. | 总之 他们发了两个月的邮件 |
[14:12] | But we can’t locate her. | 但我们不能查她的具体位置 |
[14:14] | She’s a model named Melody Lanthum. | 她是位名叫美乐蒂·兰瑟姆的模特 |
[14:17] | No agency’s heard of her, either. | 也没有经纪公司听说过她 |
[14:19] | Well, maybe she models under a different name. | 也许她改了模特名 |
[14:21] | Remember when I almost changed my name to Lady Gaga | 记得我以前差点改名成了女神嘎嘎 |
[14:24] | before Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta | 但被斯蒂芬妮·琼安·安吉利娜·杰马诺塔 |
[14:26] | stole it from me? | 抢先了一步 |
[14:28] | I do not remember that. | 我不记得了 |
[14:29] | So, what else do you know about her? | 你还对她有什么了解吗 |
[14:31] | Not much. | 并不多 |
[14:32] | My client met her on a rainforest-conservation website. | 我方委托人在保护热带雨林网上认识了她 |
[14:35] | Okay, well…let’s see. | 好吧 我们来查查 |
[14:40] | I am searching “Melody Lanthum”… | 我在搜索”美乐蒂·兰瑟姆” |
[14:44] | and “Rainforest conservation.” | 加上”保护热带雨林” |
[14:48] | Voila? | 找到了 |
[14:49] | Here is her profile page on MyRainforest.Org. | 这是她在”我的热带雨林网”上的个人资料 |
[14:53] | Oh, looks like she adopted an acre of land in Costa Rica. | 她貌似在哥斯达黎加领养了一亩地 |
[14:55] | We should really do that. | 我们也该这么做 |
[14:57] | And… | 然后 |
[14:58] | Oh, there’s a photo. | 有张照片呢 |
[15:02] | Oh, my god. | 我的天啊 |
[15:04] | What? | 咋了 |
[15:12] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[15:13] | I mean, she’s you. | 她就是你 |
[15:16] | You’re Melody! | 你就是美乐蒂 |
[15:26] | These bench notes are from the crime labs forensics expert. | 这是来自犯罪实验室法医学家的法庭记录 |
[15:30] | The meth is high grade, very pure. | 那包冰毒的级别高且纯度高 |
[15:34] | Well, which is not good for us. | 情况对我们不利 |
[15:36] | The A.U.S.A. is gonna argue that, | 助理检察官会说 |
[15:37] | as a chemistry professor, | 作为一位化学教授 |
[15:39] | you would know how to create a pure version. | 你应该懂得如何制造纯冰毒 |
[15:41] | Jane, hey. | 简 |
[15:45] | Professor… | 教授 |
[15:47] | I — I don’t — I’m sorry. | 我… 我不… 抱歉 |
[15:49] | I don’t even know how to tell you this. Um… | 我都不知道该怎么跟你说这事 |
[15:52] | Melody Lanthum doesn’t exist. | 米乐蒂·兰瑟姆不存在 |
[15:56] | Well, of course she does. | 她当然存在 |
[15:57] | You read our e-mails, our texts. | 你看过我们的邮件和短信 |
[15:59] | I read your e-mails, and I believe that yours are genuine. | 我看过你的邮件 相信你的是真实的 |
[16:03] | I found Melody’s photo. | 我找到了美乐蒂的照片 |
[16:08] | That’s Melody. | 那就是美乐蒂 |
[16:11] | No, that’s Deb Dobkins. | 不 那是黛比·德普金丝 |
[16:13] | She was a model, | 是个模特 |
[16:13] | and she died in a car accident several years ago. | 在几年前的一场车祸中丧生 |
[16:18] | I’m so sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[16:22] | Professor, I think you should consider | 教授 我认为你该考虑 |
[16:24] | the possibility that you have been “Catfished.” | 你被”钓鱼”的可能 |
[16:27] | I’m sorry. I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不明白 |
[16:28] | It’s slang term for someone who creates a false online identity | 这是俗话 意思是有人伪造网络身份 |
[16:32] | to pursue a romantic connection. | 以此找情人 |
[16:35] | Why would anyone do that? | 怎么会有人这么做 |
[16:37] | Well, I think you were being set up. | 我想你被人设计陷害了 |
[16:39] | As what? A drug mule? | 陷害成什么 毒骡 |
[16:41] | Yeah. Looks that way. | 是的 看来是这样 |
[16:43] | Well, then who was I writing to? | 那我一直在给谁写信 |
[16:46] | And who was writing to me? | 写信给我的又是谁 |
[16:47] | All I know is we have to get back in that courtroom | 我只知道 我们得回到庭上 |
[16:50] | and convince the jury | 说服法官 |
[16:51] | that you are a victim of an elaborate hoax. | 你是一场精心设计的骗局的受害者 |
[17:01] | Your honor, earlier, my client testified | 法官大人 早先 我方委托人证实 |
[17:02] | that she helped out with the graphics of “Forevermore.” | 她帮忙制作了《永无止尽》的图形 |
[17:06] | She was being modest. | 她说得太谦虚了 |
[17:08] | This is Kalipso, the game’s hero, as sketched by Craig. | 这是游戏主角卡利普索 克雷格绘制的草图 |
[17:13] | Now, June reworked this rendering, | 琼进行了渲染加工 |
[17:14] | and after dozens of drafts, Kalipso now looks… | 绘制了几十张草图后 卡利普索现在的形象… |
[17:19] | Like this. | 是这样 |
[17:20] | June also reworked the setting, | 琼还重新加工了背景 |
[17:22] | turning rudimentary drawings like this… | 把这样的初步图纸打造成了… |
[17:26] | into the Bledso forest. | 布兰德索森林 |
[17:29] | “Forevermore” wouldn’t exist | 如果没有我方委托人的创意 |
[17:31] | but for my client’s creative contributions. | 就不会有《永无止尽》 |
[17:33] | Objection, your honor. This is pure speculation. | 反对 法官大人 这纯属猜测 |
[17:36] | Teri? | 泰丽 |
[17:39] | We’d like to enter into evidence thousands of pages of drawings | 我想呈上我方委托人在创作过程中 |
[17:42] | my client contributed to the creative process. | 绘制的几千页图纸作为证据 |
[17:45] | Your honor, this is… | 法官大人 这是… |
[17:53] | Um, the… | 是… |
[17:58] | I’m s– I — I just lost my train of thought. | 我突然忘了我想说什么 |
[18:00] | Are you okay, Ms. Hemmings? | 你没事吧 海明斯女士 |
[18:02] | I think I need to sit. | 我想我得坐下来 |
[18:05] | I’ll review the evidence, | 我会翻阅证据 |
[18:06] | and I’ll have my clerk inform you of my decision. | 然后叫书记员通知你们我的决定 |
[18:15] | – Jane! – Oh! Stacy. | -简 -史黛西 |
[18:18] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[18:19] | Well, my sperm-donor cocktail party has had some setbacks. | 我的捐精者鸡尾酒会碰到点麻烦 |
[18:23] | Two of my top three choices can’t make it. | 我的前三选择中有两个没到 |
[18:25] | Why not? | 怎么会 |
[18:26] | – Finance guy is in rehab. – Right. | -搞金融的在戒毒 -好吧 |
[18:28] | – Real-estate guy is married. – Of course. | -搞房地产的结婚了 -那没辙了 |
[18:30] | Good news — personal trainer is coming, | 好消息是 私人教练要来 |
[18:32] | and so is political aide, who was my alternate. | 还有个随从官员要来 他也是我的备选 |
[18:34] | – All right. – Now I just need one more… | -好吧 -现在我只要再找一个… |
[18:40] | Hey, what do you think about him? | 你觉得他怎么样 |
[18:46] | Hank? You’ve never dated him. | 汉克 你没和他约会过 |
[18:48] | No, but he’s smart and funny. | 没 但他聪明风趣 |
[18:51] | Hey, didn’t you two have a thing? | 你们俩是不是交往过 |
[18:53] | No. No. | 没有 |
[18:55] | I mean, he asked me out once. | 他约我出去过一次 |
[18:58] | Are you asking to borrow one of my old suitors? | 你是要借用以前追我的人吗 |
[19:00] | Because if you are, the answer is of course you can! | 如果是的话 答案是当然可以 |
[19:05] | Oh, Shh! He’s coming! | 他来了 |
[19:07] | Hello, ladies. | 你们好 姑娘们 |
[19:08] | I seem to remember that you both liked iced chais. | 我记得你们俩都爱喝冰茶 |
[19:12] | Thank you. So kind. | 谢谢 你真好 |
[19:15] | Well, I come from a long line of kind men. | 我们家有好男人血统 |
[19:17] | Did you hear that, Jane? | 听到了吗 简 |
[19:18] | Yes, I did. | 听到了 |
[19:20] | So, how are you, Hank? | 你好吗 汉克 |
[19:21] | Never better. | 再好不过 |
[19:23] | Hank, we’re having a few people over tonight | 汉克 我们今晚要请些人过来 |
[19:25] | for a cocktail party. | 参加鸡尾酒会 |
[19:26] | Would you like to come? | 你愿意来吗 |
[19:28] | Well, I have to check my schedule. | 我得查查我的时间表 |
[19:31] | Kidding! I’m pretty much always free. | 开玩笑 我是大闲人一个 |
[19:33] | What time? | 什么时候 |
[19:36] | Funny. | 风趣 |
[19:41] | Is that what I think it is? | 这是我所想的那个东西吗 |
[19:45] | Something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[19:47] | Oh, no, no. | 没有 |
[19:47] | Not at all. Um… | 没问题 |
[19:49] | I mean, this company is supposed to make | 这家公司应该能制造出 |
[19:51] | a solid, reliable stroller. | 牢固可靠的婴儿车 |
[19:53] | What — what do you mean, “This company”? | 什么 你说”这家公司”是什么意思 |
[19:55] | Oh, um, this is a Bubbaboo, not a Bugaboo, | 这是”博巴步” 不是”博格步” |
[19:59] | but I’m sure you knew that. | 不过你肯定知道 |
[20:02] | Of course. Yeah, uh… | 我当然知道 |
[20:05] | See, one of my goals as a parent | 我为人父母的目标之一 |
[20:07] | is to make sure my kid doesn’t get caught up with labels. | 是让我的孩子不追逐名牌 |
[20:10] | Oh, right, of course. | 那当然 |
[20:13] | You better keep your kid out of your closet, | 你最好别让你的孩子看到你柜子里 |
[20:14] | with all of those Hermes’ bags and Louboutin shoes… | 那些爱马仕的包 还有鲁布托的鞋 |
[20:18] | What do you want, Vanessa? | 你想干什么 瓦内萨 |
[20:21] | The Baileys will give June $50,000 | 如果琼放弃对《永无止尽》的索赔 |
[20:25] | if she will waive any claim to “Forevermore.” | 百利夫妇将付给她五万块 |
[20:28] | $50,000 is a joke. | 五万块是个笑话 |
[20:30] | Well, it’s better than nothing. | 聊胜于无 |
[20:32] | Be sure to remind her of that. | 一定要提醒她这点 |
[20:39] | I allow myself one cookie a week. | 我允许自己一周吃一块曲奇 |
[20:41] | It means an extra 20 on the elliptical, but it’s worth it. | 虽然要在椭圆机上多跑20分钟 不过也值了 |
[20:44] | I say it depends on the cookie. | 我觉得这得看曲奇的热量 |
[20:46] | You know, I mean, is it homemade or out of the box? | 看是自制的还是即食的 |
[20:49] | So, do you still work for the senator? | 你还在为参议员工作吗 |
[20:52] | I’m actually a lobbyist for Ivar Oil. | 我其实是伊瓦尔石油公司的说客 |
[20:56] | How exciting for you. | 你真棒 |
[20:59] | Oh! Will you excuse us? | 先失陪一下 |
[21:02] | FYI — Ivar Oil is the company on trial | 仅供参考 伊瓦尔石油是因污染洛杉矶河 |
[21:04] | for polluting the L.A. River. | 正在受审的那家公司 |
[21:07] | Oh. The one killing all those seagulls? | 就是杀死海鸥的那家公司 |
[21:09] | That’s the one. | 就是那家 |
[21:15] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:17] | Hello. For you. | 你好 送你的 |
[21:19] | Oh, I love flowers. How did you know? | 我可喜欢花了 你怎么知道的 |
[21:22] | All right. Get in here, Hank. | 好了 进来吧 汉克 |
[21:24] | Make yourself at home. | 请随意 |
[21:27] | What is with the clipboard? | 剪贴板上写的什么 |
[21:29] | Oh, I have a checklist of my top six sperm-donor traits — | 我列了一份捐精者的六大性格特质清单 |
[21:33] | Kind, stable, ambitious, intelligent, funny, attractive. | 善良 稳重 进取 聪明 风趣 魅力 |
[21:39] | Let’s go find him. | 我们去找吧 |
[21:46] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[21:49] | Thank you for meeting me here. | 谢谢你来见我 |
[21:51] | Frankly, I don’t have much to say to you. | 坦白说 我没什么话想跟你说 |
[21:53] | Well, you had a lot to say to me in court. | 你在庭上倒是有很多话对我说 |
[21:56] | That whole Perry Mason stunt with the shopping cart? | 你推着手推车上庭是典型的佩里·梅森伎俩 |
[21:58] | The only reason that you were there | 你出现在那里的唯一原因 |
[22:00] | was to throw me off my game. | 是让我方寸大乱 |
[22:02] | Well, to be fair, you did leave me standing at the altar. | 公平地说 你还把我抛弃在了圣坛上 |
[22:06] | And how long till you got over it? Lunch? | 你过了多久才释怀 一顿午饭的时间 |
[22:09] | Yes. | 对 |
[22:11] | A late lunch. | 晚午餐 |
[22:16] | You still owe me an apology. | 你还欠我一个道歉 |
[22:18] | Yeah, you’re right. | 没错 |
[22:23] | I am sorry for the way I bailed. | 我为自己离开的方式感到抱歉 |
[22:29] | You see, when we were together, | 我们在一起的时候 |
[22:31] | it was like I would get lost in my fantasy of us. | 我看不到我们俩的将来 |
[22:36] | But I knew, deep down, I wasn’t the right one for you. | 可我内心深处知道 我不是你的真命天女 |
[22:41] | What I didn’t realize until later was that, | 我后来才意识到 |
[22:44] | well, you weren’t really the right one for me, either. | 你也不是我的真命天子 |
[22:49] | For what it’s worth | 无论怎样 |
[22:51] | I’m still pretty embarrassed for the way I left you at the wedding. | 我还是为我在婚礼上离你而去感到很难为情 |
[22:56] | It’s probably why I never reached out. | 可能就是因为这样 我才没有主动联系 |
[22:59] | And what about you? Anyone special in your life? | 你呢 遇到过特别的人吗 |
[23:03] | Not right now, and I’m fine with that. | 现在没有 但也无妨 |
[23:06] | I almost believe you. | 你差点骗到我 |
[23:07] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[23:09] | Well, I hear that Owen and Jane broke up. | 我听说欧文和简分手了 |
[23:13] | What’s that got to do with me? | 这和我有什么关系 |
[23:16] | It’s really nice seeing you, Grayson. | 见到你很高兴 格雷森 |
[23:22] | 98, 99, 100! | 九十八 九十九 一百 |
[23:28] | And now I can have a cube of cheese. | 现在我能吃一大块奶酪了 |
[23:31] | Trainer guy is so off the list. | 排除这位私教 |
[23:32] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[23:33] | Which means Hank is in the lead. | 这样汉克就领先了 |
[23:35] | He’s sweet and funny. | 他很贴心 也很风趣 |
[23:37] | And he thinks I’m a real blonde. | 而且他认为我的金发不是染的 |
[23:39] | Well, and the good thing about him being just a donor | 他只做一名捐精者的好处在于 |
[23:41] | is that he’ll never know the truth. | 他永远不会知道真相 |
[23:43] | Jane, Stacy, come here. | 简 史黛西 过来 |
[23:46] | This guy’s real name… | 这家伙的人真名是… |
[23:49] | …is Norville Rogers. | 诺威尔·罗杰斯 |
[23:51] | Hey, it’s not nice to make fun of someone’s name. | 拿人名字开玩笑可不太好 |
[23:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:54] | Norville Rogers is the real name of shaggy, | 诺威尔·罗杰斯是《史酷比》中 |
[23:56] | from “Scooby Doo.” | 叔比狗的真名 |
[23:59] | Once a month, my mom and I, | 每个月 我和我妈 |
[24:00] | we still watch marathons of “The Doo.” | 都还会看《史酷比》大连播 |
[24:04] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[24:05] | I don’t joke about Scooby. | 我可不拿史酷比开玩笑 |
[24:08] | I can also do impressions of Elmer Fudd, | 我还能模仿兔八哥 |
[24:10] | Snagglepuss, and Huckleberry Hound. | 粉红狮和哈克狗 |
[24:12] | Oh! And at last Luly’s convention, | 上届的七月动漫大会上 |
[24:15] | my Daffy Duck costume took second place. | 我的达菲鸭服装得了第二名 |
[24:17] | You know what? | 你们知道吗 |
[24:19] | This whole night was a big mistake. | 今晚的酒会是个错误 |
[24:23] | I’m sorry, guys, but I invited you over here | 很抱歉 但是我把你们请来 |
[24:25] | because I thought I would want one of you to be a sperm donor for my baby, | 是想在你们中找一位捐精者 |
[24:29] | But I don’t want a baby that kills seagulls | 但我可不希望我的孩子将来猎杀海鸥 |
[24:32] | or has to exercise to eat a cookie | 吃块饼干都要锻炼 |
[24:34] | Or laughs like a cartoon dog. | 或是笑得像条卡通狗 |
[24:37] | Not that you all aren’t terrific. | 你们都很棒 |
[24:38] | You know, in your own ways. | 各具特色 |
[24:40] | But, yeah, time to go. | 但是 你们该走了 |
[24:47] | Well, that was a disaster. What am I supposed to do now? | 真是一场好戏 我现在要怎么办 |
[24:50] | Okay. You know what? You just take a deep breath… | 没事 深呼吸 |
[24:54] | When the right door comes along, you will just know it. | 当遇到合适的捐精者 你会知道的 |
[25:00] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[25:03] | Owen? | 欧文 |
[25:07] | Do you, uh — do you have a second? Are you — | 你有空吗 |
[25:09] | Oh, of course. Is everything okay? | 当然 没出什么事吧 |
[25:11] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. I just, uh… | 没有 只是 |
[25:13] | Just thinking… | 只是在想 |
[25:15] | I think you should handle the professor’s testimony tomorrow. | 我觉得应该由你负责教授明天的证词 |
[25:19] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[25:19] | I think it’ll have more impact on the jury | 我觉得你要是能在旁边 |
[25:21] | if you’re up there kind of guiding him through his journey, step by step. | 一步步引导他 会有利于陪审团的印象 |
[25:26] | 精子捐赠者清单 善良 | |
[25:32] | 稳重 进取 | |
[25:43] | Professor, many people will find it hard to believe | 教授 许多人难以置信 |
[25:45] | that a man of your intellect could fall so hard | 像你这般聪明的人竟然会 |
[25:48] | for someone that you’ve never even met. | 疯狂地爱上一个素未谋面的人 |
[25:50] | The human brain believes what it perceives. | 人的大脑相信它所感知到的一切 |
[25:52] | To me, melody was as real as anyone I’ve ever known. | 对我而言 美乐蒂和我认识的所有人一样真实 |
[25:57] | So, you were the victim of a cruel hoax | 所以你是一场残酷骗局的受害者 |
[26:00] | designed to trick you into smuggling drugs out of the country. | 该骗局企图诱骗你将毒品走私出国 |
[26:04] | I believe I was, yes. | 我认为是的 |
[26:12] | Professor, | 教授 |
[26:12] | you testified that you had no knowledge of the methamphetamine. | 你声称你对甲基苯丙胺[冰毒]一无所知 |
[26:15] | Yes. That’s the truth. | 没错 是这样 |
[26:17] | The government’s continued to monitor | 依据有效批准 |
[26:19] | Professor Kane’s e-mail account pursuant to an active warrant, | 政府一直在监控凯恩教授的电邮账户 |
[26:22] | and we’d like to submit into evidence. | 我方请求呈上证据 |
[26:24] | An e-mail that was sent to the defendant | 一封15分钟前发至被告的邮件 |
[26:27] | just 15 minutes ago from melodylanthum@gmail.com. | 来自melodylanthum@gmail.com |
[26:31] | Please read that for the jury. | 请当着陪审团读出来 |
[26:36] | “Stuart, where are you, darling? | 斯图尔特 你在哪里 亲爱的 |
[26:38] | “We need the fresh, delicious pastries | 我们需要你从洛杉矶带来的 |
[26:40] | you’re bringing from Los Angeles. | 新鲜美味的酥油糕点 |
[26:42] | X.O. Melody.” | 亲亲 美乐蒂 |
[26:43] | Objection, relevance. I mean, pastries? | 反对 与本案无关 酥油糕点怎么了 |
[26:46] | “Pastries” Is well-known code for methamphetamine. | 酥油糕点是甲基苯丙胺的知名代称 |
[26:49] | It seems that your client is late with the drugs, Ms. Bingum. | 看来你的委托人送毒品晚点了 宾格温女士 |
[26:51] | I didn’t know about the drugs. | 我对毒品一无所知 |
[26:53] | Recess, your honor? | 请求休庭 法官大人 |
[26:54] | Good idea. We’re done for the day. | 同意 今天到此结束 |
[27:04] | Of course $50,000 is a lot of money, | 五万美元当然是笔大数目 |
[27:06] | But it’s nothing compared to the value of “Forevermore.” | 但和《永无止尽》的价值相比不值一提 |
[27:09] | But if I don’t take it, I could end up with nothing. | 要是我不接受 我最后可能会一无所有 |
[27:14] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[27:16] | What would Craig want you to do? | 克雷格希望你怎么做 |
[27:20] | Excuse me. The clerk just called. | 打扰 书记员来电了 |
[27:23] | The judge ruled for the Baileys. Sorry. | 法官判贝利胜诉 抱歉 |
[27:28] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[27:30] | You just asked me what Craig would want. | 你刚问我克雷格想要我怎么做 |
[27:32] | Right, but the deal’s off the table. | 没错 但现在协议已经失效 |
[27:34] | We have a verdict. | 法院已经做出裁定 |
[27:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:36] | I know what Craig would want me to do. | 我知道克雷格想让我做什么 |
[27:39] | He would want me to move on with my life. | 他会让我重新开始生活 |
[27:42] | – I’m gonna have his baby. -What? | -我要怀他的孩子 -什么 |
[27:45] | Remember I told you we started IVF when Craig died? | 记得我说过克雷格去世前我们刚开始试管受精吗 |
[27:48] | Well, we had a few embryos frozen at the clinic. | 我们在诊所还留有一些冷冻胚胎 |
[27:53] | I’m going to get pregnant. That’s what Craig would want. | 我要怀孕 这是他想要的 |
[27:59] | Well, that — that’s great. | 那真是 太棒了 |
[28:00] | I mean, I’m happy for you. | 真为你高兴 |
[28:02] | I just wish you would have made this decision a couple months ago. | 真希望你几个月前能这么想 |
[28:05] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[28:06] | Any baby born within two years of a father’s death | 在其父死亡两年内出生的婴儿 |
[28:09] | has full inheritance rights. | 享有完全继承权 |
[28:11] | But Craig died two years and two weeks ago. | 但克雷格已经去世两年两个星期了 |
[28:17] | I wasn’t ready a few months ago. | 几个月前我还没准备好 |
[28:21] | I am now. | 现在准备好了 |
[28:32] | God! | 天啊 |
[28:33] | Stace, you’ve got to stop creeping up on me. | 史黛西 你别老是吓我 |
[28:36] | Sorry. Hey, where’s Owen? | 抱歉 欧文在哪呀 |
[28:39] | I don’t know. Why? | 我不知道 怎么了 |
[28:41] | No reason. Just making conversation. | 没事 就是找个话题 |
[28:44] | Oh, there he is. | 他来了 |
[28:47] | I never realized how tall he was. | 我才发现他这么高大 |
[28:50] | He looks kind of like Vince Vaughn but not as puffy. | 他有点像文斯·沃恩[演员] 但没那么臃肿 |
[28:52] | Okay, Stacy, we had a bit of a setback in court, | 史黛西 我们今天在法庭上出师不利 |
[28:55] | So do you need something from me? | 所以你到底要找我干什么呢 |
[28:56] | From you? No. | 你吗 不需要 |
[29:01] | Jane, that’s my top in that photo. | 简 这是我的上衣 |
[29:03] | You borrowed it and never returned it. | 你有借无还 |
[29:05] | Sorry. I must’ve forgotten with the whole me dying thing. | 抱歉 一定是我出车祸死掉之后忘还了 |
[29:09] | Wait. When did I borrow this? | 等等 我什么时候借的 |
[29:10] | I’ve been trying to figure out when this picture was taken. | 我一直想弄清楚这张照片是什么时候拍的 |
[29:12] | You wore it to our five-year high-school reunion. | 你在高中毕业五周年聚会上穿的 |
[29:15] | You wanted something to match your toenail polish. | 你要找一件陪你指甲油颜色的衣服 |
[29:17] | Yes, I did! I remember! And Grayson took this photo. | 没错 我想起来了 这张是格雷森拍的 |
[29:22] | So, when do you expect I can have my top back? | 所以我什么时候能把这件上衣拿回来 |
[29:28] | Kim. | 金 |
[29:30] | June, what’s wrong? | 琼 怎么了 |
[29:32] | After I left your office, | 我离开你的办公室后 |
[29:33] | I called to make an appointment at the clinic. | 我打给诊所预约 |
[29:35] | They told me that Craig’s parents | 他们说克雷格的父母 |
[29:36] | got an injunction blocking me from my embryos. | 申请了禁令 阻止我获取胚胎 |
[29:40] | What? | 什么 |
[29:40] | They hate me so much they can’t stomach the idea | 他们恨我恨到无法容忍我 |
[29:43] | of me becoming pregnant with their grandchild. | 怀上他们的孙子 |
[29:45] | No one is that vindictive. | 没人会这么存心报复 |
[29:46] | There’s got to be something else going on. | 其中一定另有原因 |
[29:49] | I promise I’ll get to the bottom of it. | 我保证替你查出来 |
[29:55] | I remember taking the photo. | 我记得这张照片 |
[29:57] | Deb was so happy. | 黛比当时很高兴 |
[30:00] | She was actually pretty tipsy. | 她还有点喝醉了 |
[30:01] | She kept trying to say the word “purple” | 她想要说”紫色” |
[30:03] | – And it would come out — – burple. | 却老是发成”纸色” |
[30:06] | That’s a very common mistake. | 这种口误很普遍 |
[30:09] | Anyway, do you have any idea how the people who set up professor Kane | 总之 你知道那个陷害了凯恩教授的人 |
[30:11] | could have gotten their hands on this? | 是怎么拿到这张照片的吗 |
[30:15] | Yeah, I think I sent the photo to the alumni coordinator. | 我把它发给了校友协调员 |
[30:20] | That was… | 那是 |
[30:23] | Did you feel that? | 你感觉到了吗 |
[30:25] | Must be the carpet. Static build-up. | 一定是毯子产生了静电 |
[30:33] | Yep, here it is. | 有了 |
[30:34] | There you go — the original photo before it was cropped. | 看 剪裁前的原版照片 |
[30:38] | No way. | 不可能 |
[30:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[30:44] | I know who catfished the professor. | 我知道是谁钓了教授 |
[30:52] | Beth, you are an awful, awful human being. | 贝丝 你是个恶心至极的人 |
[30:57] | We know you were using the professor to transport drugs. | 我们知道是你在利用教授转移毒品 |
[30:59] | God, no. Ms. Bingum, I had nothing to do with the drugs. | 怎么可能 宾格温小姐 我和毒品毫不相关 |
[31:07] | – I’m in love with him. – Please. | -我爱上他了 -拜托 |
[31:08] | I was too shy to approach him in that way. | 我不好意思那样接近他 |
[31:11] | So when I saw he was a member of this online group… | 所以 我发现他是某个论坛的用户以后 |
[31:16] | I joined under a fake name. | 我用假名注册加入了论坛 |
[31:18] | And? | 然后呢 |
[31:19] | Soon we started spending hours online together. | 很快我们开始在网上长时间交谈 |
[31:22] | I fell so hard, | 我迷上了他 |
[31:24] | and I was in too deep to tell him the truth. | 我已经陷得太深 不敢告诉他事实 |
[31:30] | Tell me about that photo. | 和我说说照片的事 |
[31:32] | It’s a woman named Deb Dobkins. | 她叫黛比·德普金丝 |
[31:35] | We went to high school together. | 我们是高中同学 |
[31:37] | She died in a car crash. | 她在一场车祸中死了 |
[31:39] | Were you two friends? | 你们俩是朋友吗 |
[31:42] | No. | 不是 |
[31:43] | She wouldn’t even recognize me if we were in the same room. | 就算身处一室她也不会认得我 |
[31:46] | She was gorgeous… | 她长得漂亮 |
[31:48] | and popular… | 人缘也好 |
[31:52] | And, well… | 而我 |
[31:55] | I was not. | 我没那么好 |
[32:03] | So, the professor was planning on meeting Melody in Prague. | 教授打算在布拉格和美乐蒂相见 |
[32:07] | That’s impossible. I’m Melody. | 这不可能 我就是美乐蒂 |
[32:09] | He was going there for a conference, not to meet me. | 他过去是为了开会 不是去见我 |
[32:12] | A week ago, he got an e-mail from Melody | 一周前 他收到一封美乐蒂的邮件 |
[32:14] | saying that she landed a last-minute modeling gig in Prague. | 说她在布拉格有一次临时的模特演出 |
[32:17] | Ms. Bingum, we haven’t corresponded for at least 10 days. | 宾格温小姐 我们至少有十天没通过信了 |
[32:19] | Wait — you haven’t had any contact with him since his arrest? | 等等 自他被逮捕以来你没和他有过任何通信吗 |
[32:23] | Of course not. He’s in jail. | 当然没有 他在监狱里 |
[32:28] | Okay. This is the bag that was dropped off at the professor’s house. | 这只是送到教授家里的包 |
[32:31] | Do you recognize it? | 你认得吗 |
[32:33] | No. I don’t recognize the bag. | 不 我没见过 |
[32:37] | Wait. | 等等 |
[32:39] | That’s my shirt, the pink one. | 这是我的衬衣 粉色这件 |
[32:43] | And those are my leggings and my jeans. | 这是我的打底裤和牛仔裤 |
[32:48] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[32:49] | I left all of this stuff at my ex-boyfriend’s house | 我和我前男友分手时把这些东西 |
[32:50] | when we broke up. | 都留在他家里 |
[32:53] | What’s your ex-boyfriend’s name? | 你前男友叫什么 |
[32:55] | Brad Pines. I’m a graduate student at Cal U. | 布拉德·派恩斯 我是加州大学的研究生 |
[32:58] | You have been in this courtroom every day | 你每天都来这个法庭 |
[33:01] | supporting professor Kane. | 声援凯恩教授 |
[33:02] | It’s the least I can do. He’s my mentor. | 这是我力所能及的 他是我的导师 |
[33:04] | Is it true you once had a relationship with Beth Ryan? | 你曾经与贝丝·莱恩交往过 对吗 |
[33:09] | I’m… | 我 |
[33:10] | Not sure why you’re asking, but, yes, that’s true. | 不知你为何这么问 但我们确实交往过 |
[33:14] | And isn’t it also true that you discovered | 你发现贝丝创建了 |
[33:16] | Beth had created an alternate identity | 另一个身份 |
[33:19] | and had started an online relationship with Professor Kane? | 并开始与凯恩教授进行网恋 对吗 |
[33:22] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[33:24] | Overruled. I’m curious where this is going. | 反对无效 我很好奇这件事的进展 |
[33:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:29] | I discovered Beth was pretending to be someone she wasn’t. | 我发现贝丝在伪装自己的身份 |
[33:32] | Tell me about a software program known as Middleman. | 请向我介绍一下”中间人”这款软件程序 |
[33:36] | It intercepts exchanges between two parties | 它能拦截两方之间的交流信息 |
[33:39] | and allows the user to act as if | 允许用户伪装成 |
[33:40] | they’re the other party to an e-mail conversation. | 邮件对话中的另一方 |
[33:43] | If you used Middleman to intervene between Professor Kane and Melody, | 如果你使用”中间人”干涉凯恩教授与美乐蒂 |
[33:48] | you could carry on an e-mail conversation with both of them, | 你就可以继续与他们两人进行邮件对话 |
[33:51] | and they’d have no idea that they were actually e-mailing with you. | 而他们却不知道与自己对话的其实是你 |
[33:56] | Your honor, defense Exhibit “R” — | 法官大人 辩方证据R |
[33:58] | Brad’s credit-card statements. | 布拉德的信用卡账单 |
[34:00] | He purchased the software seven weeks ago, | 他七周前购买了该款软件 |
[34:02] | around the time of his breakup with Beth. | 就大约在他跟贝丝分手的时候 |
[34:05] | Now, true or false — | 请回答以下问题 |
[34:08] | You held the professor responsible | 你将经费申请失败 |
[34:09] | for the rejection of your grant application? | 归罪于凯恩教授 对吗 |
[34:11] | True. I was angry. He called my application sloppy, but — | 是的 我很愤怒 他说我的申请很草率 |
[34:14] | You figured out the perfect plan | 你想出了一个完美计划 |
[34:16] | to get even with both your ex for leaving you | 既可以报复甩掉你的前女友 |
[34:19] | and the professor for denying your grant. | 又可以报复回绝你申请的教授 |
[34:21] | Isn’t that right? | 对吗 |
[34:22] | That’s ridiculous. | 这太可笑了 |
[34:23] | That isn’t an answer. | 你没有回答我的问题 |
[34:27] | This is defense Exhibit “S” — | 这是辩方证据S |
[34:31] | Phone records that prove you called in the anonymous tip | 你打电话匿名举报的通话记录 |
[34:34] | that led to Professor Kane’s arrest. | 导致凯恩教授被捕 |
[34:36] | You can’t trace calls made to an anonymous hotline. | 你不能追踪拨打匿名热线的电话 |
[34:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:39] | But at 7:14 a.m., you called a phone number in the Cayman Islands | 但7点14分 你拨打了开曼群岛的一个号码 |
[34:44] | that acts as a firewall | 作为防火墙 |
[34:46] | so that forwarded calls cannot be traced. | 这样转接通话就无法被追踪了 |
[34:52] | Your honor, at this time, | 法官大人 此时 |
[34:53] | we ask for an immediate dismissal of all charges against Professor Kane. | 我方要求立即撤销对凯恩教授的一切指控 |
[34:57] | The government agrees | 公诉方同意此请求 |
[34:58] | and asks that this witness be placed under arrest. | 并申请逮捕该名证人 |
[35:01] | So ordered. | 批准 |
[35:14] | Your honor, we’re asking you to grant my client | 法官大人 我方申请根据《加州遗嘱认证法》 |
[35:15] | access to her embryos | 第249.5条 |
[35:17] | under California Probate Code Section 249.5, | 批准我方委托人获取她的胚胎 |
[35:21] | which governs the posthumous use of a father’s genetic material. | 该法典管辖父亲遗传物质的死后使用 |
[35:24] | The code is only relevant to posthumously conceived children | 该法典只适用于 |
[35:27] | if they were conceived within the two years of the father’s death. | 父亲死后两年内所孕后代 |
[35:31] | And since Craig Bailey died two years and two weeks ago, | 而由于克雷格·贝利死于两年两周前 |
[35:36] | the statute has no bearing. | 该法规对本案不适用 |
[35:37] | Nice try. | 做得不错 |
[35:38] | But if you look at the statute, | 但如果你仔细阅读该法规 |
[35:39] | it actually says that a baby must be in utero within two years of the date | 它事实上规定在死亡证明签发日期两年内 |
[35:43] | of issuance of a death certificate. | 婴儿必须在母体内 |
[35:46] | But because Craig died in a hit-and-run, | 但由于克雷格死于肇事逃逸 |
[35:48] | an investigation delayed the issuance | 他的死亡证明签发 |
[35:50] | of his death certificate by four months, | 由于调查而延迟了四个月 |
[35:52] | which means that not only is June entitled to those embryos, | 这意味着琼不仅有权拥有那些胚胎 |
[35:56] | but any child she conceives within the next 3 1/2 months | 而且她在未来三个半月所孕任何胎儿 |
[36:00] | will inherit Craig’s entire estate, | 将继承克雷格的所有财产 |
[36:02] | including all rights to “Forevermore.” | 包括《永无止尽》的所有产权 |
[36:04] | Your honor, under the statute, | 法官大人 根据该法规 |
[36:05] | Ms. Frazier must supply evidence of the father’s intent. | 弗雷泽女士必须提供表达父亲意图的证据 |
[36:09] | And we have it. | 我们手上有 |
[36:11] | Your honor, video-game creators often hide | 法官大人 视频游戏创作者 |
[36:13] | so-called “Easter eggs” within their games. | 通常会在其游戏中藏有所谓的”彩蛋” |
[36:17] | For example, if someone playing “Forevermore” reaches level 100 | 比如 若有人玩《永无止尽》达到100级 |
[36:22] | and slices open the lock on this treasure chest with their sword, | 用剑砍开藏宝箱的锁 |
[36:26] | a message from Craig appears. | 就会出现克雷格的留言 |
[36:32] | “For June and our children — | “至琼及我们的孩子 |
[36:35] | “Not yet born but already in my heart. | 虽未出世 但已在我心中 |
[36:40] | Now and forevermore, Craig.” | 现在直到永远 克雷格” |
[36:50] | Your honor, we ask that you grant our client access to her embryos. | 法官大人 我方申请您批准委托人获取她的胚胎 |
[36:53] | So ordered. | 批准 |
[36:55] | I’m also placing Craig Bailey’s estate in escrow | 我同时将克雷格·贝利的遗产委托保管 |
[36:57] | until the birth of his child. | 直到他的孩子出世 |
[36:59] | On that date, said child will inherit Craig’s entire estate, | 孩子出世当天将继承克雷格的全部财产 |
[37:04] | of which Ms. Frazier shall be the executor. | 而弗雷泽女士将担任遗产执行人 |
[37:15] | Paul? What’s this? | 保罗 这是什么 |
[37:17] | I heard you were really upset about the other stroller. | 我听说你对另一个婴儿车很不满意 |
[37:20] | And I really did think it was a Bugaboo and not a Bubbaboo, by the way. | 我当时真的以为那是名牌 没想到是山寨货 |
[37:22] | It’s okay, really. | 真的没关系 |
[37:24] | No, it’s not. You deserve the best. | 不 有关系 你就该用最好的 |
[37:28] | Kim Kaswell, you are a force. | 金·卡思维 你真有魄力 |
[37:31] | Congrats on the win. | 恭喜胜诉 |
[37:33] | And I see you got yourself a real Bugaboo. | 看来你这次买了辆正牌货 |
[37:35] | Nice job. | 干得漂亮 |
[37:37] | But I thought that you didn’t care about brands? | 我以为你不是不在乎品牌吗 |
[37:39] | She doesn’t. It’s a gift from me. | 她不在乎 这是我送的 |
[37:41] | Ah. I’ll say it again — nice job. | 我再说一遍 “干”得漂亮 |
[37:44] | Oh, we’re not — | 我们不是 |
[37:45] | It’s good to meet you. I’m Paul. | 幸会 我是保罗 |
[37:48] | Sweetheart, we should get going. | 亲爱的 我们该走了 |
[37:55] | Why did you do that? | 你刚才为何那么做 |
[37:57] | She was trying to make you feel small, | 她想贬低你 |
[37:58] | and nobody should make anybody else feel small, | 但谁都没资格贬低别人 |
[38:00] | especially a mom-to-be. | 尤其是一位准妈妈 |
[38:02] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:04] | And thanks for the stroller, but I looked the other one up | 也谢谢你送的婴儿车 但我看了另一款 |
[38:06] | and the ratings are just as high, so… | 评级也一样高 |
[38:08] | – Oh, thank god. – What? | -谢天谢地 -怎么了 |
[38:11] | I slipped a security guard at the mall a hundred bucks | 我给商场保安塞了一百块 |
[38:13] | to let me borrow this from the window display. | 求他让我借走这辆橱窗展车 |
[38:15] | It’s due back in 20 minutes. | 我二十分钟内就该还回去了 |
[38:20] | You’re a free man. What’s next, professor? | 你现在自由了 下一步有何打算 教授 |
[38:22] | I suppose I’ll return to the life I led | 我要重新回到 |
[38:23] | before I fell for a woman who doesn’t exist. | 我爱上那个不存在的女人之前的生活 |
[38:27] | The woman you fell for does exist. | 你爱上的那个女人确实存在 |
[38:30] | Beth Ryan really cares about you. | 贝丝·莱恩真的很关心你 |
[38:33] | Beth Ryan made a fool out of me. | 贝丝·莱恩欺骗了我 |
[38:35] | Once she figured out what happened, she felt awful. | 她发现事情的真相之后 感到很内疚 |
[38:38] | And she offered her complete cooperation. | 而且她提供了全力配合 |
[38:40] | Why are you defending her? | 你为何要为她辩护 |
[38:41] | I’m not defending the lie. | 我不是为谎言辩护 |
[38:43] | I’m just asking the professor to consider the bigger picture. | 我只是想让教授考虑大局 |
[38:47] | What’s wrong with keeping an open mind? | 不抱成见何错之有 |
[38:51] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know she was here. | 抱歉 我真的不知道她在这里 |
[38:53] | You don’t have to speak with her. | 你没必要跟她说话 |
[39:00] | No, it’s — it’s fine. | 没关系 |
[39:02] | I just want to say, I’m so sorry. | 我只是想向你道歉 |
[39:07] | I’ll be leaving the university at the end of the term. | 本学期结束我就离开学校 |
[39:10] | That would be a mistake. | 你不该那么做 |
[39:13] | When last we emailed, before Brad hijacked our accounts, | 在布拉德黑入账号之前 我们最后一次发邮件 |
[39:17] | you said you had a photo of a kingfisher from the Malaysian rainforest. | 你说有一张马来西亚热带雨林翠鸟的照片 |
[39:23] | Yes. My cousin took it. | 对 是我表亲拍的 |
[39:27] | I’d love to see it. | 我很想看看 |
[39:30] | Yes. Yes, of course. | 好 当然可以 |
[39:33] | Walk you out? | 我送你出去吧 |
[39:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:38] | Well, I suppose, as a scientist, it’s my job to keep an open mind, so… | 作为科学家 我应该不抱成见 |
[39:49] | – What a case, huh? – Yeah. Yeah. | -这案子真精彩 -是啊 |
[39:53] | Hey, what do you say we go out to dinner to celebrate? | 我们出去晚餐庆祝好吗 |
[39:55] | You know, my treat. | 我请客 |
[39:58] | I’m exhausted. | 我好累 |
[40:00] | – Thank you, though. – Yeah. | -不过还是谢谢你 -好吧 |
[40:02] | – Have a good night, Jane. – You too. | -晚安 简 -晚安 |
[40:12] | Yo, boss! | 老大 |
[40:14] | Congrats on your win. | 恭喜胜诉 |
[40:15] | Thank you. You’ve been busy. | 谢谢 你最近挺忙啊 |
[40:18] | I heard about you and Kim and the baby carriage. | 我听说你帮金买婴儿车的事了 |
[40:21] | News travels fast. | 消息传得真快 |
[40:23] | Hey, I’m confused. | 我搞不明白 |
[40:24] | I thought you were supposed to be watching me. | 你不是应该监视我吗 |
[40:27] | – You’re jealous. – No. | -你吃醋了 -没有 |
[40:29] | Look, Jane, the only reason that I’m an intern here | 简 我之所以来这里做实习生 |
[40:31] | is so that I can be around in case you need me. | 就是为了在你需要我的时候挺身而出 |
[40:33] | And the only way I get to keep my internship is by impressing Kiim. | 而我保住实习职位的唯一办法就是讨好金 |
[40:37] | But if there is anything you need, I’m here for you. | 但如果你有任何需要 我都会帮你 |
[40:41] | In fact, how about you and me, we’ll go get some drinks, | 咱们俩出去喝几杯怎么样 |
[40:44] | you can tell me all about your day? | 你跟我聊了今天发生的事 |
[40:46] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[40:50] | Rain check? | 改天吧 |
[40:58] | Hey, you’re home. | 你回来了 |
[40:59] | I am. | 是啊 |
[41:01] | Oh, that wine looks good. | 那瓶酒看着不错 |
[41:03] | I had a long day. | 我今天累死了 |
[41:04] | Hey, can you sit down for a minute? We need to talk. | 你能坐一会吗 我有事要跟你说 |
[41:08] | Uh, yeah, sure. | 没问题 |
[41:11] | Is everything all right? | 一切都还好吧 |
[41:12] | I have some big news. | 我有个重大消息 |
[41:14] | I’ve chosen my sperm donor. | 我选好捐精者了 |
[41:16] | Well, that’s wonderful! | 太棒了 |
[41:17] | I found a guy who is kind, stable, ambitious, | 我找到一个善良 稳重 进取 |
[41:22] | intelligent, funny, and attractive. | 聪明 风趣 有魅力的男人 |
[41:24] | Good. So you’re telling me you met George Clooney? | 很好 难道你遇到了乔治·克鲁尼 |
[41:28] | I need to be serious. | 我要严肃一点 |
[41:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:32] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[41:34] | It’s… | 是 |
[41:38] | …Owen. | 欧文 |
[41:39] | Uh, what? | 什么 |
[41:41] | I want to ask Owen to be my child’s biological father. | 我想找欧文做我孩子的生父 |
[41:46] | Owen? As in my Owen? | 是我爱的那个欧文吗 |
[41:48] | I mean, you said that I would know it when I see it, | 你说当我遇到合适的捐精者就会知道 |
[41:52] | And I see it with Owen. | 我觉得欧文很合适 |