时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:04] | That’s me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:08] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:10] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:14] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:19] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:21] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | Well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:45] | Hey, Stace. | 早上好 史黛西 |
[00:48] | Oh, my god, what is with the bird sanctuary? | 天呐 这是哪来的鸟叫声 |
[00:51] | The birds are on my pregnancy app. | 这是我怀孕应用程序里的鸟 |
[00:52] | And the chirping means I’m ovulating. | 鸟叫说明我在排卵 |
[00:56] | Yay. | 好极了 |
[00:58] | Okay, so, I need your help to pick a sperm donor. | 好了 我需要你帮我选一个捐精者 |
[01:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:02] | Father in a cup? | 杯中父亲网 |
[01:05] | So, I’m debating between dark and handsome | 我在纠结是选黑皮肤帅哥 |
[01:08] | or blond and handsome. | 还是金发帅哥 |
[01:11] | Okay, you know there’s more to picking a donor | 好吧 你知道选捐精者的时候 |
[01:12] | than just good looks, right? | 不止要看长相吧 |
[01:14] | Mm-hmm. Well, there’s also the issue of height. | 当然 还有身高问题 |
[01:16] | I mean, anyone under 5’8″ — off the list. | 身高1米72以下的统统不考虑 |
[01:20] | Okay. Yeah. | 好的 |
[01:21] | All right, you know what? | 这样吧 |
[01:23] | Why don’t you come to my office this afternoon? | 今天下午你来我办公室吧 |
[01:26] | We will grab lattes, and we’ll go through the options. | 我们喝杯拿铁 然后一起选 |
[01:29] | – Great. – Okay. Good. | -好极了 -那好 |
[01:31] | Now, I need a closer outfit. | 现在 我需要一套终结者服装 |
[01:36] | Owen chose me to help sign a potential new client — | 欧文选了我去帮忙签下一位潜在新客户 |
[01:39] | The Los Angeles Guardians baseball team. | 洛杉矶守卫者棒球队 |
[01:42] | This is a huge step | 这对我们的工作关系来说 |
[01:43] | in our professional relationship. | 可是很重要的一步 |
[01:45] | And if you can impress him at work, | 如果你能在工作中让他刮目相看 |
[01:47] | you think he’ll forgive you for kissing Grayson | 你觉得他会原谅你吻了格雷森 |
[01:49] | and take you back? | 重新接受你吗 |
[01:51] | Ooh, okay. So — oh! | 好吧 那么 |
[01:54] | Wear that red blouse with your black suit. | 穿那件红衬衫 配上黑色套装 |
[01:58] | It projects power and style. | 能展现出力量和时尚 |
[02:00] | Home run. | 一举拿下 |
[02:05] | Don’t worry, Owen. We got this. | 别担心 欧文 我们能行的 |
[02:08] | I know you don’t think of me as a sports type, | 我知道你觉得我不像爱运动的人 |
[02:10] | but I did my baseball research. | 但我好好研究了棒球 |
[02:12] | Infield fly rule? | 内场腾空球规则 |
[02:14] | Totally based on English common law. | 其实都根据英国习惯法来的 |
[02:17] | Thank you for selecting me. | 谢谢你选了我 |
[02:19] | And I just — I really appreciate — | 我很感激 |
[02:22] | Mr. French! | 法兰奇先生 |
[02:24] | Oh, Mr. Rhodes. | 罗兹先生 |
[02:25] | – How are you? – Good. | -最近还好吗 -挺好 |
[02:27] | This is my colleague Jane Bingum. | 这是我的同事 简·宾格温 |
[02:29] | And this is the co-owner of the Guardians — | 这位是守卫队的共同所有者 |
[02:31] | My wife, Tamra. | 我妻子 塔玛拉 |
[02:33] | Love your outfit. | 很喜欢你的打扮 |
[02:34] | – Well, thank you very much. -But are you being ironic? | -多谢夸奖 -但你是想讽刺吗 |
[02:39] | Uh, what do you mean? | 您什么意思 |
[02:39] | Red and black — the Arrows. | 红加黑 弓箭队 |
[02:41] | Our rival team. | 我们的竞争队伍 |
[02:45] | No. | 不是 |
[02:46] | – Never mind. Come on in. – All right. | -没关系 进来吧 -来吧 |
[02:48] | Okay. Sorry. | 好的 抱歉 |
[02:51] | Hey. Be honest. | 诚实点 |
[02:53] | Am I only here because you wanted to impress | 你让我来 只是因为你想带一名女律师 |
[02:55] | a female owner with a female lawyer? | 让那位女老板有好感吗 |
[02:57] | Yes, so, please, try to be impressive. | 没错 所以拜托 让她刮目相看吧 |
[03:04] | Mr. French, | 法兰奇先生 |
[03:05] | we’re seeing a lot of bigger firms. | 我们面试了很多更大的律所 |
[03:07] | Tell us why we should consider Harrison & Parker, | 说说我们为何应该考虑哈里森·帕克律所 |
[03:10] | Especially with Jay Parker’s departure. | 特别是杰·帕克已经离开 |
[03:12] | While Parker’s leave of absence — | 帕克的休假… |
[03:13] | He left the firm in good hands. | 他的继任者管理有方 |
[03:15] | As you’ll see, we have a 92% win rate | 你们能看到 跟大律所打官司 |
[03:17] | against the bigger firms. | 我们有92%的胜率 |
[03:18] | And not to mention, when it comes to employment contracts — | 除此之外 每当涉及到雇用合同 |
[03:20] | I took the liberty of reviewing your players’ contracts. | 我冒昧地审查了你们队员的合同 |
[03:23] | You’re losing out on valuable revenue streams | 你们在有价值的收益源上没有获利 |
[03:25] | because you’re using forms drafted 20 years ago. | 因为你们使用的是20年前起草的表格 |
[03:29] | They didn’t account for social-media activity | 以前的表格没有加入社会媒体活动 |
[03:31] | or independent online merchandising. | 或是独立的在线营销 |
[03:34] | W-w-we live in the twitter-face– | 我们活在推特和脸书的时代 |
[03:39] | I’ve been using coconut oil, you know, as a moisturizer, | 我一直在用椰油保湿霜 |
[03:43] | and it just slipped. | 所以球不小心溜走了 |
[03:47] | It was a Babe Ruth. | 原来签的是贝比·鲁斯 |
[03:50] | Now, it’s just a Babe. | 现在只剩贝比了 |
[03:54] | Fortunately, it’s insured. | 幸好这球投了保险 |
[03:56] | Anything that is not covered, | 若保险不能赔偿所有损失 |
[03:57] | don’t hesitate to bill us. | 请尽管开账单给我们 |
[04:01] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[04:04] | I’m afraid we’re going to have to re-schedule. | 恐怕我们得重新约时间了 |
[04:05] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[04:07] | Please excuse us. | 我们先失陪了 |
[04:09] | Sure. Yeah. No problem. | 好的 没关系 |
[04:10] | You know, yeah. | 行 |
[04:12] | We’ll have our office call your assistant | 我们会让律所打电话给你们的助理 |
[04:13] | and set up a new time and — | 重新约时间 |
[04:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:26] | Owen, will you please say something? | 欧文 求你说句话吧 |
[04:29] | Who picks up a Babe Ruth baseball | 谁会在开会的时候 |
[04:30] | in the middle of a meeting? | 拿着贝比·鲁斯的签名棒球看 |
[04:31] | Well, you were doing all the talking, so… | 话都被你抢着说了 所以 |
[04:33] | Oh, so it’s my fault now? | 所以变成我的错了 |
[04:35] | No. | 不是 |
[04:36] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[04:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:42] | Let’s just go back to the office and forget the whole thing. | 回办公室 把这事忘了吧 |
[04:45] | Okay. Owen, you know what? You go ahead. | 好吧 欧文 你先回去 |
[04:47] | I forgot my phone. | 我忘拿手机了 |
[04:48] | – I’ll meet you back at the office. – All right. | -办公室见 -行 |
[05:12] | Jane Bingum’s office. | 简·宾格温办公室 |
[05:13] | Who is Scott Reynolds? | 斯科特·雷诺兹是谁 |
[05:15] | The Guardians’ rookie shortstop. | 守卫队的新游击手 |
[05:17] | Rock-hard abs. | 有坚实的腹肌 |
[05:18] | He’s being hailed as the next Derek Jeter. | 他被称为下一个德瑞克·基特 |
[05:21] | Why do you care? | 怎么问这个 |
[05:22] | He was arrested for murder. | 他因谋杀罪被逮捕了 |
[05:24] | I’m gonna go down to the station and see if he needs a lawyer. | 我去警察局看看他是否需要律师 |
[05:26] | And I’ll pose as a man | 我会女扮男装 |
[05:27] | and sneak into the locker room and gather evidence. | 溜进更衣室 收集证据 |
[05:30] | You know, if I put my hair up and tape my boobs down, | 如果我把头发挽上去 然后束胸 |
[05:32] | I can pass. | 我就能混进去 |
[05:32] | 电影《燕特尔》中 燕特尔为了追求梦想而女扮男装求学 | |
[05:32] | Okay, listen, Yentl, this is serious. | 听着 燕特尔 这事很严肃 |
[05:36] | Oh, and tell Stacy I have to reschedule our afternoon lattes. | 你告诉史黛西 我们得改天喝咖啡了 |
[05:39] | Congratulations, Molly. | 恭喜你 莫莉 |
[05:41] | You are now the proud owner | 你现在荣幸地成为了 |
[05:42] | of your very own physical-therapy center. | 自己物理疗法中心的老板 |
[05:44] | I can’t believe this is finally happening. | 不敢相信这一切终于成真了 |
[05:47] | Normally I’d take you out for a drink to celebrate, | 通常我会带你出去喝酒庆祝 |
[05:49] | but my boozing days are kind of on hold. | 但我的痛饮时光要暂告一个段落了 |
[05:52] | Rain check. | 改天再喝吧 |
[05:53] | Hey, where’s Parker? I’d like to say congrats. | 帕克在哪 我想祝贺他 |
[05:56] | Actually, Parker is back together with his ex. | 实话说吧 帕克和前妻重归于好了 |
[06:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:03] | Well, better to find out now. | 早点发现总是好的 |
[06:05] | Believe me, if I weren’t still paying alimony | 相信我 我要不是一直在给我的流浪前夫 |
[06:07] | to my bum ex-husband, | 付赡养费 |
[06:08] | I would’ve started this business a year ago. | 我的生意一年前就能开张了 |
[06:10] | I can’t believe you’re still paying him. | 你竟然还在付钱给他 |
[06:12] | Did he ever get a job? | 他找过工作吗 |
[06:13] | Oh, yeah. Three days — Barista. | 有啊 当了三天的咖啡师 |
[06:15] | And then he quit to write his novel. | 然后就辞掉工作 写小说去了 |
[06:17] | That’s outrageous. | 太荒唐了 |
[06:18] | I know. He can barely spell. | 就是啊 他大字都不识几个 |
[06:22] | Listen, if you want, I can subpoena George’s tax records, | 如果你愿意 我可以传讯乔治的纳税纪录 |
[06:26] | see if he’s hiding any income, | 看看他有没有隐瞒收入 |
[06:28] | anything that might reduce your alimony payments. | 也许能减少你要付的赡养费 |
[06:30] | No, thanks. I appreciate the thought, | 不用了 谢谢你有这份心 |
[06:31] | but I just want to put all this behind me and move on. | 但我想抛却过往 重新开始 |
[06:33] | Just thinking about George gives me a migraine. | 哪怕是想到乔治 都会让我偏头痛 |
[06:37] | Trust me, I know the feeling. | 相信我 我理解这种感觉 |
[06:41] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[06:42] | Did the team send you, Ms. Bingum? | 是球队派你来的吗 宾格温女士 |
[06:43] | Oh, no. | 不是 |
[06:44] | Your team doesn’t represent players in criminal matters. | 你的球队不会为刑事诉讼的队员辩护 |
[06:47] | How would you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[06:49] | My law firm is trying to secure their business. | 我们律所在努力拿下他们这单生意 |
[06:52] | Now, I have reviewed all of the players’ contracts, | 我已经看过所有队员的合同 |
[06:55] | including yours. | 包括你的 |
[06:57] | Mr. Reynolds, everything you tell me is confidential. | 雷诺兹先生 你告诉我的一切都会保密 |
[07:05] | My girlfriend, Lisa. | 我的女友 丽莎 |
[07:08] | She was found in her apartment. | 有人在她家里发现了她 |
[07:11] | Strangled. | 窒息死亡 |
[07:14] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[07:16] | Last night, I went to her place for dinner. | 昨晚 我去她家吃了晚饭 |
[07:19] | We hung out until 10:00 or so, and then I headed home, | 我们玩到十点左右 然后我就回家了 |
[07:22] | ’cause I had to be up early for practice. | 因为我要早起训练 |
[07:25] | This morning, the cops asked me to identify her body, | 今天早上 警察让我去认尸 |
[07:28] | and then they arrested me. | 接着他们逮捕了我 |
[07:35] | They read me my rights and… | 他们宣布了我的权利 |
[07:39] | Ms. Bingum, I don’t understand why they think I did it. | 宾格温女士 我不明白他们为何认为我是凶手 |
[07:43] | I would never hurt Lisa. | 我绝对不会伤害丽莎 |
[07:51] | In all honesty, I came here to convince you to hire me | 说实话 我来是想说服你聘我为律师 |
[07:54] | because I think my legal skills will impress your team owners. | 因为我觉得我的法律技巧能打动你的老板 |
[07:57] | But let me be very, very clear. | 但请让我把话说清楚 |
[08:01] | If I represent you, you are my only priority. | 如果我为你辩护 我会把你作为重中之重 |
[08:08] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[08:11] | Call me if you want help. | 如果你需要帮助 就打给我 |
[08:20] | Two sugars, right? | 加两包糖 对吧 |
[08:22] | You won’t bring coffee to Kim, but you’ll bring it to me? | 你不想端咖啡给金 但愿意端给我 |
[08:24] | My boss isn’t exactly friendly. | 我的上司不太友善 |
[08:26] | I’m hoping you are. | 我希望你是 |
[08:28] | Last week, you made me blueberry muffins. | 上周 你给我做了蓝莓松饼 |
[08:31] | I made them for myself. | 我是给自己做的 |
[08:33] | I had extra. | 我多带了几个 |
[08:34] | And you were being nice. | 你是出于好意 |
[08:36] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[08:38] | It’s just, when the opposite sex is being nice, | 只是 当女性善待某人的时候 |
[08:41] | it usually means they have feelings. | 一般表明她对那个人有好感 |
[08:43] | Okay. Slow down. I… | 好了 慢着 我… |
[08:46] | I was being nice to you because I feel sorry for you. | 我对你好 是因为我同情你 |
[08:51] | Come again? | 什么意思 |
[08:53] | I look directly into your office all day long. | 我整天都直视着你的办公室 |
[08:56] | No offense, but I am not interested in broken men. | 恕我冒犯 我对心碎的男人没兴趣 |
[09:00] | I just try to be nice. | 我只是想友善待人 |
[09:10] | – Jane. – Yeah? | -简 -嗯 |
[09:11] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[09:12] | – Oh, I… – The meeting was over hours ago. | -我… -会议几小时前就结束了 |
[09:14] | Look, you can’t just take off in the middle of the day. | 听着 你不能上班上了一半就闹失踪 |
[09:17] | No wonder the place is in trouble. | 难怪这家律所麻烦不断 |
[09:19] | Owen, just take a breath. | 欧文 别着急 |
[09:21] | Don’t — don’t look at me with those eyes. | 别用这样的眼神看着我 |
[09:23] | You know it throws me off. | 太让我着迷了 |
[09:25] | My eyes throw you off? | 我的眼神让你着迷 |
[09:26] | – That’s not the point. – Okay, okay, fine. | -那不是重点 -好好好 |
[09:29] | If you don’t want to see my eyes, | 如果你不想看着我的眼睛 |
[09:30] | I’ll — I’ll turn away. | 我就转身好了 |
[09:33] | Oh, just one question — are you done reprimanding me? | 只有一个问题 你训完我了吗 |
[09:35] | – Yes, Jane. – Great. | -训完了 简 -好 |
[09:37] | After our meeting, I went back to the conference room. | 我们会面后 我去了会议室 |
[09:39] | To get your phone. | 去拿你的手机 |
[09:40] | No, I wanted to see what was on that post-it. | 不 我想看便条上写的内容 |
[09:42] | – You looked through the trash? – All right. | -你去翻了垃圾 -没错 |
[09:44] | Anyway, Scott Reynolds was arrested for murder. | 总之 斯科特·雷诺兹因谋杀罪被捕了 |
[09:47] | – Whoa. That’s huge. – I know. | -这可非同小可 -我知道 |
[09:48] | Every lawyer in town is gonna want to represent him. | 城里每个律师都想做他的代理律师 |
[09:50] | We need to get down to the precinct. | 我们得去警察分局 |
[09:51] | We need to see if we can set — what are you doing? | 看能不能想办法…你转头干什么 |
[09:54] | Just trying to quiet you with my eyes. | 只是想用眼神让你闭嘴 |
[09:58] | See, I already met with Scott. | 我已经和斯科特会过面了 |
[10:00] | And he just called and asked me to represent him. | 他打电话请我做他的代理律师 |
[10:03] | I got to get to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[10:13] | Jane. | 简 |
[10:15] | Jane. | 简 |
[10:17] | Jane! | 简 |
[10:19] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[10:22] | You ready for this? | 你准备好了吗 |
[10:24] | It’s an arraignment. | 这只是传讯而已 |
[10:25] | I’ve done one before. | 我有经验 |
[10:26] | You see who’s sitting in the second row? | 你看到谁坐在第二排吗 |
[10:28] | Franklin and Tamra. | 富兰克林和塔玛拉 |
[10:29] | Oh, good. I do well with an audience. | 很好 有观众我发挥更好 |
[10:33] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[10:36] | All right, let’s get started. | 好了 开始吧 |
[10:39] | Your honor, the people seek a preliminary hearing | 法官大人 公诉人要求召开初步听证会 |
[10:41] | to determine whether there is sufficient probable cause. | 决定是否有充分的合理证据 |
[10:44] | Whoa! A hearing? | 什么 听证会 |
[10:45] | I-I had no notice. | 我没接到通知 |
[10:47] | It is the prosecution’s right to decide how to proceed. | 由公诉人决定如何进行 |
[10:49] | I haven’t received discovery, your honor. | 我没收到案件证据 法官大人 |
[10:58] | Not a problem. | 不客气 |
[10:59] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[11:00] | I love it when the wheels of justice spin. | 我喜欢正义得到伸张 |
[11:02] | Great. I’m gonna need a week to prepare this. | 很好 我要一周时间准备 |
[11:04] | Ms. Bingum, this hearing is | 宾格温女士 这场听证会 |
[11:05] | to determine probable cause. | 是为了确定是否有合理根据 |
[11:07] | I’ll give you a long lunch. | 我给你一个午休的时间 |
[11:09] | I — | 我… |
[11:18] | Hey, peroxide patty, are you lost? | 小甜心 你迷路了吗 |
[11:20] | I’m here to see Jane. | 我来见简 |
[11:21] | We’re meeting for lattes. | 我们约了喝拿铁 |
[11:23] | No, you’re not. | 不行了 |
[11:24] | I was supposed to call you. Oops. | 我本来要打给你 真可惜 |
[11:26] | Jane had to reschedule. | 简要跟你另约了 |
[11:28] | What are those photos? | 那些是什么照片 |
[11:29] | Are you casting a movie? | 你在为电影选角吗 |
[11:30] | ’cause I am really good on the casting couch. | 我对选角可是相当擅长 |
[11:33] | If you must know, I’m trying to get pregnant, | 你非要问个究竟的话 我在备孕 |
[11:36] | And I’m looking for a sperm donor. | 在找捐精者 |
[11:38] | You have come to the right person. | 你找对人了 |
[11:40] | You know, I am a sperm aficionado. | 我是个精子迷 |
[11:42] | I helped my cousin Su-min Ho pick her donor, | 我帮我堂姐吴秀敏挑选了捐精者 |
[11:45] | and now I have the most amazing Korean-Brazilian second cousin, | 现在我有了最棒的韩国巴西血统的表侄 |
[11:48] | – Jung-hee Ho. – Congratulations. | -吴晶喜 -恭喜 |
[11:51] | Don’t you worry. | 你别担心 |
[11:51] | I’m gonna help you find your very own Ho. | 我会帮你找到最适合你的精子 |
[11:55] | A woman brutally strangled, murdered in a jealous rage. | 一位妇女被残忍掐死 因嫉妒而被谋杀 |
[12:00] | And who had cause to be jealous? | 谁有理由嫉妒呢 |
[12:02] | The man sitting right there. | 坐在那边的那位男士 |
[12:04] | Objection. | 反对 |
[12:06] | This isn’t “Dateline.” | 这又不是《日界线》 |
[12:07] | Can we see some evidence, please? | 能给我们看证据吗 |
[12:09] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[12:10] | People’s Exhibit 5 — | 公诉方5号证据 |
[12:12] | A text message from Lisa Dunfee, the victim, | 发自死者丽莎·邓菲的短信 |
[12:16] | to Mr. Randy Brett, | 收信人是兰迪·布雷特 |
[12:17] | the Guardians’ former third baseman. | 守卫队的前任三垒手 |
[12:20] | And it reads, “In two hours, | 上面写道 “两小时后 |
[12:22] | “I’ll be free and all yours, baby. | 我将获自由 完全属于你 宝贝 |
[12:26] | Can’t wait to be with you.” | 等不及要和你在一起” |
[12:28] | This message was sent hours before Lisa was murdered. | 这条消息是在丽莎遇害前几个小时发送的 |
[12:31] | We contend that Lisa told the defendant | 我们坚信 丽莎告诉了被告 |
[12:34] | that she was leaving him for Mr. Brett, | 她要离开他 和布雷特在一起 |
[12:36] | and he snapped. | 然后他就失控了 |
[12:38] | Move to strike. | 申请删除以上供述 |
[12:39] | Mr. Brett hasn’t testified. | 布雷特先生没有作证 |
[12:40] | For all we know, Mr. Brett could be the killer. | 我们只知道 布雷特先生可能是凶手 |
[12:42] | Mr. Brett was traded to Seattle last week | 布雷特先生上周转会去了西雅图 |
[12:45] | and was on a national-televised game | 参加了全国电视直播的棒球赛 |
[12:47] | when the crime was committed. | 就在案发时 |
[12:49] | At this point, I’d like to call our forensics expert to the stand. | 现在我想传召法医专家上庭作证 |
[12:54] | We found thumb-shaped contusions on the victim’s neck, | 我们发现死者颈部有拇指形状的青肿 |
[12:57] | consistent with strangulation. | 与勒杀相吻合 |
[12:59] | And did you examine the defendant’s hands? | 你们检查过被告的双手吗 |
[13:01] | Yes. | 查过 |
[13:02] | He had compromised movement in his right thumb, | 他的右手拇指无法活动 |
[13:05] | suggesting a sprain. | 说是扭伤 |
[13:06] | An injury he could have sustained from strangling the victim? | 可能是因为勒杀死者而受的伤 |
[13:09] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:11] | No further questions. | 讯问完毕 |
[13:19] | Are the injuries on my client’s hand | 我方委托人手上的伤 |
[13:21] | consistent with a condition known as throttle thumb, | 与众所周知的机车指情况吻合 |
[13:23] | – which is common to motorcycle riders? – Yes. | -这对于摩托车手来说很常见 -对 |
[13:26] | And are you aware that my client owns and rides | 你知道我的委托人拥有并驾驶 |
[13:28] | a 2013 Ducati? | 一辆2013款杜卡迪吗 |
[13:30] | Uh, no, I did not. | 我不知道 |
[13:32] | So the thumb sprain could have nothing to do with the allegation? | 所以这处拇指扭伤可能与本指控无关 |
[13:36] | Yes, that’s, uh, that’s true. | 对 没错 |
[13:39] | Yeah. | 好 |
[13:45] | Parker, I’m not your charity case. | 帕克 我不是你的接济对象 |
[13:47] | No, I already mailed you your check back. | 不 我已经把你的支票寄回给你了 |
[13:50] | And I told you stop calling me unless it’s business-related. | 而且我告诉过你 不是公事就别找我 |
[13:53] | No, I don’t want to talk about — I have to go. | 不 我不想谈论…我得挂了 |
[13:58] | You’re turning down financial help from your ex? | 前任给钱 你却不要 |
[14:00] | Our lives could not be more different. | 我们的生活还真是天差地别 |
[14:03] | Parker wanted out. He doesn’t get to be the good guy. | 帕克想全身而退 他别想充好人 |
[14:06] | So, Kim, why are we here? | 说起来 金 我们来法庭干什么 |
[14:08] | I thought I told you not to subpoena George’s tax records. | 我不是告诉过你不要传唤乔治的纳税记录吗 |
[14:10] | Please don’t be mad. But I thought it couldn’t hurt. | 请别生气 我觉得这样也无妨 |
[14:13] | And sure enough, he reported income of 100 grand last year. | 不出所料 他去年上报了十万块收入 |
[14:17] | You’re kidding me. | 不是吧 |
[14:18] | So we can drop it if you want, | 所以你现在可以选择放弃 |
[14:19] | or we can go inside and hear his explanation. | 要不我们就跟进 听他的解释 |
[14:23] | I hit the jackpot. | 我中了头彩 |
[14:25] | I’m sorry. What? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[14:27] | I won the money at the Palm Desert Casino, | 我在棕榈沙漠赌场赢了钱 |
[14:29] | a few weeks after the divorce. | 就在离婚后几周 |
[14:31] | I hit triple sevens on a high-end slot machine. | 我在一台高档老虎机上中了三个七 |
[14:34] | Well, that $100,000 constitutes earnings, | 那十万美元构成了收入所得 |
[14:37] | and my client’s alimony should be reduced accordingly. | 我方委托人的赡养费也该相应减少 |
[14:40] | Objection. | 反对 |
[14:41] | Under the holding in Schulze, | 根据舒尔茨一案 |
[14:42] | the court ruled a one-time profit does not constitute income. | 法院裁决一次性盈利不构成收入 |
[14:46] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[14:47] | Your honor, this man, | 法官大人 这个人 |
[14:48] | he promised my client a life together. | 他答应与我的委托人共度一生 |
[14:51] | I mean, she believed in him. | 她相信了他 |
[14:53] | She loved him. | 她爱过他 |
[14:56] | She saw a future with him, | 她曾看到过与他的未来 |
[14:59] | and now he’s in Canada, and I’m on my own. | 而他现在加拿大 我却独自一人 |
[15:02] | Ms. Kaswell, are — are you okay? | 卡斯维女士 你还好吗 |
[15:06] | No. | 不 |
[15:08] | No, your honor. | 不 法官大人 |
[15:09] | I’m pregnant, and my breasts are sore, | 我怀孕了 我的乳房胀痛 |
[15:10] | I’m rapidly developing cankles, | 我的脚踝赘肉激增 |
[15:12] | and I have a constant craving for Funyuns. | 我还一直想吃洋葱圈零食 |
[15:14] | But I digress. We’re not talking about me. | 我跑题了 现在要谈论的不是我 |
[15:17] | That man hid money from a woman who is still paying his rent, | 那个男人的前妻在为他支付房租 而他却隐瞒收入 |
[15:22] | a woman that he pledged to love for the rest of his life, | 他曾发誓要爱这个女人一辈子 |
[15:24] | so help him god. | 救救他吧 上帝 |
[15:26] | And I don’t give a crap about Schulze. | 我才不管什么舒尔茨案 |
[15:27] | This court should address his behavior. | 法庭该处理他的行为 |
[15:30] | I feel for your client — | 我为你的委托人感到难过 |
[15:31] | and for your cankles — | 也为你的脚踝赘肉表示同情 |
[15:34] | but your motion is denied. | 可你的诉讼请求被否决了 |
[15:38] | I’m so sorry, Molly. | 很抱歉 莫莉 |
[15:39] | Kim, like I said, I’m — I’m fine. | 金 我说了 我没事 |
[15:42] | But you know if you ever want to talk, I’m here, right? | 可你要是想找人谈谈 可以找我 好吗 |
[15:46] | Yeah. | 好 |
[15:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:50] | Excuse me one second. | 失陪一会 |
[15:52] | Hey. What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[15:54] | While I was looking for additional information | 我在找支持不明收入的 |
[15:56] | to support the undisclosed income, | 其它信息时 |
[15:58] | I found something. | 有所发现 |
[15:59] | The judge just ruled against us. | 法官刚否决了我们的申诉请求 |
[16:01] | Well, I think this might change her mind. | 我觉得这个能改变她的想法 |
[16:10] | Detective Davis, what are we looking at? | 戴维斯探员 这是什么 |
[16:13] | This footage was recovered from a bank security camera | 这是从一家银行摄像头索回的录像 |
[16:16] | across from Mr. Reynolds’ condo complex. | 就在雷诺兹先生的公寓对面 |
[16:18] | Can you identify the man getting into his car | 你能指认案发当晚7点31分 |
[16:20] | at 7:31 p.m. on the night of the murder? | 进入车内的这个人吗 |
[16:23] | Yes. That’s Mr. Reynolds. | 能 是雷诺兹先生 |
[16:24] | And when did he return? | 他是几时回来的 |
[16:25] | Not until the following morning — | 直到第二天早上 |
[16:26] | at 6:28 a.m. | 6点28分 |
[16:28] | I’d like to submit people’s exhibit 6 — | 我要呈上公诉方6号证据 |
[16:31] | cell tower location data. | 手机基地塔位置数据 |
[16:36] | At 10:28 p.m., the approximate time of the murder, | 在晚上10点28分 案发时间左右 |
[16:39] | Scott Reynolds accessed his voicemail. | 斯科特·雷诺兹进入了他的语音信箱 |
[16:42] | Where was he at the time? | 当时他在哪里 |
[16:43] | We triangulated his position | 我们通过三角定位他的位置 |
[16:45] | to determine he was in the victim’s apartment complex. | 他当时在死者的公寓里 |
[16:51] | Nothing further. | 讯问完毕 |
[16:54] | We’ll recess until tomorrow morning. | 暂时休庭 明早继续审理 |
[16:58] | What’s going on, Scott? | 怎么回事 斯科特 |
[17:00] | I’m innocent. | 我是无辜的 |
[17:01] | I swear to you, I’m innocent. | 我向你发誓 我是无辜的 |
[17:15] | Jane, nobody’s blaming you for the setback. | 简 就算输了也没人会怪你 |
[17:17] | Well, I’m sure Franklin and Tamara weren’t impressed. | 我觉得弗兰克林和塔玛拉不会高兴的 |
[17:19] | No, they weren’t. | 没错 |
[17:20] | It’s obvious the A.D.A. sped up the hearing | 很明显助理地检的策略是加快听证速度 |
[17:22] | so they could blind-side you with an avalanche of evidence. | 用大量证据来攻其不备 |
[17:24] | After we recessed, I tried talking to Scott. | 休庭之后 我想跟斯科特聊聊 |
[17:27] | He just keeps repeating that he’s innocent, | 他就一直重复说他是无辜的 |
[17:29] | like if he says it enough times, it’ll be true. | 好像他多重复几遍就能成真似的 |
[17:31] | Well, probably time to start thinking about a plea. | 也许现在该考虑抗辩了 |
[17:34] | Yeah, that’s why I’m combing through the evidence. | 嗯 所以我得梳理一下证据 |
[17:35] | I got to find something to hang this plea on, | 我得找到突破点才能将抗辩进行下去 |
[17:37] | otherwise our client is looking at the death penalty. | 否则我们的委托人将要面临死刑 |
[17:44] | Ms. Kaswell, I agreed to this meeting | 卡斯维小姐 我之所以同意这次会面 |
[17:46] | because I’m sympathetic to your client, | 是因为我同情你的委托人 |
[17:48] | but you’re not going to change my mind. | 但你不会让我改变主意 |
[17:50] | What if I told you that George won the jackpot | 如果我跟你说乔治在和莫莉婚内时 |
[17:52] | while he was still married to Molly? | 赢了头彩呢 |
[17:54] | That’s crazy. | 简直不可理喻 |
[17:55] | My office contacted the casino. | 我们律所联系了赌场 |
[17:58] | He won the jackpot in December of 2011, | 他在2011年12月赢了头彩 |
[18:00] | when he was not yet divorced from Molly. | 那时候他还没跟莫莉离婚 |
[18:02] | Mr. Randal, you’re gonna be in a lot more trouble | 兰道尔先生 你最好现在就把事说清楚 |
[18:04] | if you don’t come clean now. | 否则后果自负 |
[18:07] | Yes. It’s true. | 是真的 |
[18:10] | You’re a pig. | 你真是头猪 |
[18:11] | And that’s an insult to pigs. | 这么说还是对猪的侮辱 |
[18:13] | That money is community property. | 那笔钱是夫妻共有财产 |
[18:15] | Therefore, I’m discontinuing your alimony | 因此 我要终止你的赡养费支付 |
[18:17] | and awarding the winnings to your client. | 这笔钱全额交给你的委托人 |
[18:20] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[18:21] | We will expect payment immediately. | 我们要求即时付款 |
[18:24] | I don’t have it. | 我没有钱 |
[18:25] | Check my bank account. I’ve got less than 1,000 bucks. | 查我银行账户吧 还剩不到一千块 |
[18:28] | Even my attorney is working for beer. | 我连律师费都是靠喝酒来买单的 |
[18:30] | How did you blow 100 grand? | 你是怎么挥霍掉十万块的 |
[18:33] | A few epic trips to Cabo. | 去卡布豪游了几趟 |
[18:36] | I’m sorry, Molly. | 对不起 莫莉 |
[18:37] | I’m just flat broke. | 我穷得叮当响 |
[18:42] | This is your guy. | 这个人适合你 |
[18:44] | Donor 18-21A. Mmm! | 捐精者18-21A |
[18:46] | Graduated from Yale, plays the violin. | 耶鲁大学毕业 会拉小提琴 |
[18:48] | With his genes, your kids would never need a calculus tutor. | 有他的基因 孩子绝对不用请微积分家教 |
[18:52] | I kind of like this Abercrombie hunk. | 我挺喜欢这个帅小伙 |
[18:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:56] | Well, he’s an actor/model/spinning instructor. | 他是演员兼模特兼动感单车教练 |
[19:02] | I think you’d be lucky | 我觉得要是你的孩子 |
[19:03] | if your kids were able to read by the age of 20. | 二十岁时会识字 你也该烧高香了 |
[19:06] | Stacy, you’re a really beautiful woman. | 史黛西 你很漂亮 |
[19:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:09] | But you are gonna have to compensate in other areas | 但有些地方你得找人来弥补 |
[19:12] | to make for a perfect combo. | 才算是完美组合 |
[19:14] | You know what I’m saying? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[19:15] | Yes. I don’t have dimples. | 是的 我没有酒窝 |
[19:17] | I need a guy who does. | 所以我要一个酒窝男 |
[19:19] | And look at his dimples. | 你瞧他的酒窝多漂亮 |
[19:20] | Oh, but, Stacy, hold on to your uterus. | 史黛西 做好准备 别太激动 |
[19:23] | I just found you the perfect donor. | 我刚替你找到了完美的捐精者 |
[19:27] | He’s gorgeous. | 他真帅 |
[19:29] | And brilliant. | 也很聪明 |
[19:30] | He double-majored in theology and engineering | 拥有神学和工程学的双学位 |
[19:33] | at Stanford University. | 斯坦福大学毕业 |
[19:35] | Oh, my god, he’s working on his phd at UCLA. | 我的天 他在加州大学洛杉矶分校读博士 |
[19:38] | Captain of the water polo team, expert skier. | 水球队队长 滑雪悍将 |
[19:43] | And his full lips work with a girl or a boy. | 他饱满的双唇遗传给男孩女孩都好看 |
[19:47] | Ah! Teri, he’s perfect. | 泰丽 他是完美人选 |
[19:49] | Wait. What is it? | 那个是什么 |
[19:50] | Donor 17-85B is out of stock. | 捐精者17-85B库存用尽 |
[19:53] | No, no. | 不要啊 |
[19:54] | They — they can’t be out of stock. | 怎么可能没有库存 |
[19:56] | I need 17-85B. | 我要17-85B |
[19:58] | Don’t worry. I think I have an idea. | 别担心 我有办法 |
[20:02] | But Jane needs me now. | 但现在简要我帮忙 |
[20:03] | But — but — | 可是 |
[20:04] | Trust me, I will take care of this. | 相信我 我会搞定的 |
[20:16] | Hey, boss. What’s up? | 老板 什么事 |
[20:18] | Are there any more photos of the crime scene? | 案发现场还有没有其他照片 |
[20:20] | Well, it’s a 500-square-foot apartment, | 公寓总共就四十多平米 |
[20:22] | and these photos cover every inch of it. | 这些照片每个角落都拍到了 |
[20:24] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[20:25] | Scott left his place with flowers. | 斯科特离开家的时候拿着花 |
[20:27] | I don’t see flowers anywhere in Lisa’s apartment. | 我没看到丽莎家有花 |
[20:30] | See, and the missing flowers | 这束失踪的花 |
[20:31] | could provide an alternate theory of the crime. | 可以给我们提供本案的另一个推理 |
[20:34] | Maybe Scott was seeing a second woman | 斯科特可能是在同一栋公寓楼里 |
[20:36] | in the same complex? | 跟其他女人见面 |
[20:38] | Baseball players are total dogs… | 棒球手都是花花公子 |
[20:40] | …which I find hot, | 我觉得这样好性感 |
[20:42] | but I know is wrong. | 虽然很混蛋 |
[20:43] | A secret girlfriend could explain | 一个秘密情人可以解释 |
[20:44] | why he was in the building at the time of the murder. | 他为什么会在案发时在公寓楼里 |
[20:47] | Okay, would you get me a list of all the tenants in the complex? | 你能不能帮我找公寓楼里所有租客的名单 |
[20:49] | – I’m on it. – Thanks. | -马上 -谢了 |
[20:53] | You got a second? | 有空吗 |
[20:55] | Sure. What’s up? | 当然 什么事 |
[20:56] | I hate to say this, but I’m disappointed. | 我不想这么说 但我很失望 |
[20:59] | Grayson, I know. | 格雷森 我知道 |
[21:01] | The other night, it was so thoughtful, | 那天晚上 你很贴心 |
[21:03] | but for obvious reasons — | 但你也清楚原因 |
[21:04] | Stop. I’m not talking about us. | 停 我不是在说我们俩的事 |
[21:07] | It’s your case. | 我在说你的案件 |
[21:08] | You solicited business from an accused murderer | 你接了谋杀嫌疑犯的案子 |
[21:10] | so you could impress his employer. | 想借此取悦他的老板 |
[21:12] | Hold on. It’s not like that. | 慢着 不是这样的 |
[21:13] | – No? – He may not be guilty. | -不是吗 -他可能是无辜的 |
[21:15] | Owen said you’re looking for an alternate theory to help with a plea. | 欧文说你在琢磨另一套推理来做抗辩的筹码 |
[21:18] | Well, yeah, that’s true, but — | 是 没错 但是 |
[21:19] | You’ve never solicited business | 你从来都不会接 |
[21:20] | from clients you don’t believe in. | 你不相信的客户的案子 |
[21:22] | But you actively sought this guy out. Why? | 但你却主动帮这个人 为什么 |
[21:24] | It’s complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[21:26] | With Parker gone, things have… | 帕克走了 事情… |
[21:32] | …have changed. | 有了变化 |
[21:42] | – Grayson — – And I’m an idiot. | -格雷森 -我真笨 |
[21:45] | You weren’t trying to impress your client’s employer. | 你不是想取悦你委托人的老板 |
[21:47] | You were trying to impress yours. | 你是想取悦自己的老板 |
[21:51] | And about the other night, | 至于那天晚上的事 |
[21:53] | as far as I’m concerned, it never happened. | 我权当从没发生过 |
[22:05] | The I.R.S. just put a lien on my new business. | 国税局刚刚留置了我新开张的生意 |
[22:09] | What? | 什么 |
[22:09] | They’re saying I owe $40,000 in back taxes. | 他们说我欠了四万块补缴税款 |
[22:12] | $40,000! | 四万啊 |
[22:15] | George never paid taxes on his gambling winnings. | 乔治赢的奖金没有纳税 |
[22:18] | The casino made him fill out a tax form, | 赌场让他填了税单 |
[22:20] | but they didn’t withhold anything. | 但他们没扣除税费 |
[22:23] | Oh, my god, Molly. | 我的天 莫莉 |
[22:25] | I got the winnings declared as a marital asset, | 我让那笔钱成为了婚姻财产 |
[22:27] | and now the I.R.S. can go after you. | 现在国税局可以找你要钱了 |
[22:29] | Yeah, and now I’m gonna lose my clinic | 没错 现在因为你干的好事 |
[22:31] | because of what you did. | 我要保不住诊所了 |
[22:32] | I didn’t know this would happen. | 我不知道会这样 |
[22:33] | Kim, you’re taking out your unresolved issues on my case. | 金 你把无处发泄的私人情绪带到我的案子里来 |
[22:36] | It’s why you pulled George’s tax returns without my consent. | 你未经我同意就传讯了乔治的纳税单 |
[22:40] | Maybe if you hadn’t kept pushing, | 如果不是你穷追不舍 |
[22:42] | I wouldn’t be in this position. | 我就不会落得如此境地 |
[22:44] | Please, fix it. | 拜托你 处理好 |
[22:53] | Jane, I got the list of all the renters | 简 死者公寓楼里 |
[22:55] | in the victim’s apartment complex. | 所有租客的名单到手了 |
[22:57] | And guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[22:57] | Apartment 106 is being rented by a CJ Pierce. | 106室的租客是CJ·皮尔斯 |
[23:02] | Okay, and that matters because…? | 这点很关键是因为… |
[23:04] | Because her lease is being paid for by our client. | 因为她的租金是我们委托人交的 |
[23:08] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[23:10] | I don’t know about you, | 不知道你怎么想 |
[23:10] | but I can’t wait to meet the other woman. | 但我迫不及待想见见这个小三了 |
[23:24] | Are you stalking me? | 你在跟踪我吗 |
[23:26] | You’d like to think that, wouldn’t you? | 你肯定是这样想的 |
[23:28] | I haven’t seen you at my bar before. | 之前没在我的酒吧见过你 |
[23:31] | When people start saying “My bar,” they have a problem. | 当某人说”我的酒吧”时 就肯定有心事 |
[23:35] | We happen to be a block away from the office, | 这里刚好离律所很近 |
[23:37] | and I needed a drink because I have had a rough day. | 而我今天过得很不顺 所以来喝一杯 |
[23:42] | Okay. What are you having? | 好 你想喝什么 |
[23:46] | Whatever’s in there is fine. | 你那杯就不错 |
[23:57] | You know, you were right about what you said. | 你说得没错 |
[24:01] | Me being broken. | 我是受伤了 |
[24:07] | Truth is… | 事实上 |
[24:12] | I have a couple cracks myself. | 我心里也有几道伤痕 |
[24:18] | S– | 就 |
[24:20] | So you know, you are not my type. | 要知道 你不是我的菜 |
[24:23] | Understood. | 明白 |
[24:25] | Good. | 好的 |
[24:26] | I’m glad we’re on the same page. | 很高兴我们达成了共识 |
[24:36] | Come on, CJ. | 快点 CJ |
[24:37] | Answer the door. | 出来应门 |
[24:40] | All right, she’s not home. Let’s just go. | 行了 她不在家 走吧 |
[24:43] | Do you want to go to Hooters? | 你想去猫头鹰餐厅吗 |
[24:43] | I hear they have a delicious chopped salad. | 听说他们的碎丁沙拉很好吃 |
[24:45] | Mm. No, I should probably get home to Stacy. | 不了 我要回家陪史黛西 |
[24:48] | Oh, I think we found the perfect donor. | 我们找到了完美的人选 |
[24:50] | There’s just one glitch I have to take care of. | 只是有个小问题要我来解决 |
[24:52] | Thank you, Teri, for doing that. | 谢谢你这么帮忙 泰丽 |
[24:57] | Um, sir? | 先生 |
[24:59] | Uh, excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[25:01] | Hi. We’re looking for a CJ Pierce. | 你好 我们想找CJ·皮尔斯 |
[25:04] | I’m CJ. Who are you? | 我是CJ 你们是谁 |
[25:07] | Wait. You’re CJ? | 慢着 你是CJ |
[25:14] | Sorry. Never mind. | 抱歉 没事了 |
[25:16] | You’ve been very helpful and very cute. | 你帮了我们的大忙 人也超帅 |
[25:20] | Oh, my god, I can’t believe the other woman is a dude. | 我的天 真不敢相信小三居然是个男的 |
[25:23] | Scott Reynolds is gay. | 斯科特·雷诺兹是同性恋 |
[25:33] | It’s true. | 没错 |
[25:35] | CJ’s my boyfriend. | CJ是我男友 |
[25:37] | That’s why I was in the building. I never even saw Lisa that night. | 所以我才会在公寓楼里 我那晚从未见过丽莎 |
[25:39] | This is great news. | 这是好消息 |
[25:41] | He’s your alibi. | 他可以为你做不在场证明 |
[25:42] | No, you can’t tell anyone. | 不行 你不能告诉别人 |
[25:44] | Scott, if you come out, | 斯科特 如果你出柜 |
[25:46] | we can get the D.A. to drop the charges. | 我们就可以让地检撤销指控 |
[25:48] | Jane, no professional baseball player | 简 没有任何一个职业棒球手 |
[25:50] | has ever come out while still active. | 在事业如日中天的时候出柜 |
[25:51] | By law, the owners cannot fire you based on sexual orientation. | 根据法律 老板不能因为你的性取向而解雇你 |
[25:54] | But they can bury my career. | 但他们可以雪藏我 |
[25:56] | Look, I know other athletes have come out, but that’s not me. | 我知道有其他运动员出柜 但我不行 |
[25:59] | I shouldn’t have to give up my privacy to prove I’m innocent. | 我不该为了证明自己的清白而放弃隐私权 |
[26:02] | Okay, right now, this is your only defense. | 现在这是你唯一的辩护理由 |
[26:04] | Then you’re not as good a lawyer as you say you are. | 那说明你这个律师根本没你说的那么牛 |
[26:14] | What’s the real deal with you and Lisa? | 你和丽莎到底是怎么回事 |
[26:17] | About seven months ago, Franklin Rhodes, the team owner, | 七个月前 球队老板弗兰克林·罗兹 |
[26:19] | introduced us at a team event. | 在一次球队活动上介绍我们认识 |
[26:22] | We became fast friends, and I told her the truth. | 我们成为了可靠的朋友 我向她出了柜 |
[26:25] | She was cool, even offered to be my fake girlfriend | 她表示接受 甚至愿意假装我的女友 |
[26:28] | to make my life easier. | 让我的日子更好过 |
[26:30] | And CJ’s apartment? | 那CJ的公寓是怎么回事 |
[26:32] | I moved him into her complex | 我帮他搬到了她的大楼 |
[26:33] | so we could spend nights together without raising suspicion. | 这样我们晚上一起过夜就不会引起怀疑 |
[26:38] | Scott, I know what it’s like to have secrets. | 斯科特 我知道隐藏秘密是什么滋味 |
[26:40] | And while secrets lead to more problems, | 尽管隐藏秘密会带来更多问题 |
[26:44] | I respect your decision. | 但我尊重你的决定 |
[26:46] | I won’t let you down. | 我不会让你失望的 |
[26:52] | Oh, let me get out of your… | 我闪开一点 |
[26:54] | No, you’re fine. | 你没妨碍到我 |
[26:56] | I mean, I- I have plenty of room. | 我有足够的空间 |
[26:57] | Yeah. Um, so, uh…About last night. | 好吧 关于昨晚 |
[27:01] | – I normally — – I’m not looking to date. | -我通常 -我没想跟你约会 |
[27:03] | – Nicole? – Yes? | -妮可 -什么事 |
[27:06] | See ya. | 再见 |
[27:07] | Did you pull the archived divorce records on Molly and George? | 你查到莫莉和乔治的存档离婚记录了吗 |
[27:11] | – On your desk. – Great. | -放在你桌子上了 -很好 |
[27:12] | Now we need all of George’s credit-card and bank statements, | 我们需要乔治所有的信用卡及银行对账单 |
[27:14] | including canceled checks, since the divorce. | 包括已兑现支票 离婚之后的全要 |
[27:17] | Tell his lawyer that if I don’t have them by noon, | 告诉他的律师 如果我中午还拿不到的话 |
[27:19] | I’ll drag his ass back into chambers. | 我们继续法官办公室见 |
[27:21] | Got it. Uh, what are we looking for? | 明白 我们在找什么线索 |
[27:24] | Well, George claims to have spent the entire 100 grand, | 乔治声称他已经花光了那十万块 |
[27:26] | but since we already know he’s a scumbag liar, | 但我们都知道他吹牛不打草稿 |
[27:29] | I want to account for every dollar. | 我想查清他花的每一分钱 |
[27:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:37] | Scott is innocent, and I can prove it. | 斯科特是无辜的 我能证明 |
[27:40] | But I can’t. | 但我不能说 |
[27:41] | Are we talking in riddles? | 你在跟我猜谜语吗 |
[27:43] | In order to free Scott, I need to present evidence | 为了让斯科特重获自由 我需要呈交 |
[27:45] | that he insists on keeping confidential. | 他坚持让我保密的一份证据 |
[27:48] | That evidence is? | 什么证据 |
[27:49] | Confidential. | 保密 |
[27:52] | I would never violate attorney-client privilege — ever. | 我绝不会违反律师当事人保密特权 |
[28:04] | Scott Reynolds is gay, | 斯科特·雷诺兹是同性恋 |
[28:06] | and his boyfriend is his alibi. | 而他的男友是他的不在场证明 |
[28:08] | Okay. I didn’t see that coming. | 好吧 我没想到会是这样 |
[28:09] | And he’s afraid if he comes out, | 他担心如果自己出柜 |
[28:10] | it’ll destroy his career. | 会毁掉他的事业 |
[28:13] | Here’s what you do. You ask for an incamera meeting. | 你可以这么办 你要求召开一场秘密会议 |
[28:15] | You tell the clerk that you know your client is innocent, | 告诉书记员 你知道你的委托人是无辜的 |
[28:17] | and you’re happy to tell the judge why, | 你也很乐意向法官举证 |
[28:19] | but only — only — if the record is sealed. | 但记录必须封存保密才行 |
[28:21] | And when the clerk asks my basis for sealing the record? | 如果书记员问我封存记录的依据怎么办 |
[28:24] | You say that information could have ramifications | 你就说这条信息有可能会对你的委托人 |
[28:27] | on your client’s livelihood and possibly his safety. | 造成事业或是人身安全上的威胁 |
[28:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:40] | I got your text. What’s the emergency? | 我收到你的短信了 有什么急事 |
[28:46] | You found 17-85B. | 你找到17-85B了 |
[28:48] | I googled everything that we know about him, | 我谷歌了我们手上所有与他相关的资料 |
[28:50] | and I got a name, | 然后查到了名字 |
[28:51] | and then I cross-checked him on Foursquare | 然后我在用户定位网站上对他做了交叉查询 |
[28:53] | and found him here. | 发现他在这里 |
[28:54] | He’s even more perfect in person. | 他本人比照片还帅 |
[29:02] | Hello? | 你好 |
[29:03] | – You have beautiful skin. – And a really sexy I.Q. | -你皮肤真好 -智商也很高 |
[29:06] | 17-85B, of all of the profiles, | 17-85B 我看了这么多档案 |
[29:10] | only your sperm spoke to my egg. | 只有你的精子最吸引我 |
[29:12] | Will you please be my donor? | 你愿意做我的捐精者吗 |
[29:13] | This is a total invasion of my privacy. | 这彻底侵犯了我的隐私 |
[29:16] | No. Breaking into your house while you’re showering | 不 在你洗澡的时候闯进你家 |
[29:18] | is a total invasion of your privacy. | 才算彻底侵犯了你的隐私 |
[29:20] | Nobody’s supposed to know that I donate. | 不该有人知道我做过精子捐赠 |
[29:22] | It’s just for extra money. | 我只是为了赚点外快 |
[29:23] | Well, blondie here is prepared to make you an offer you can’t refuse. | 这位金发美女准备出一个你无法拒绝的好价钱 |
[29:32] | I’m listening. | 请讲 |
[29:36] | I’ve agreed to conditionally seal the record of this meeting, | 我已同意有条件地封存本次会议的记录 |
[29:38] | provided Ms. Bingum can support her application. | 前提是宾格温女士能拿出有效证据 |
[29:41] | And I will renew my objection. | 到时我会重申我的反对 |
[29:43] | I asked for the record to be sealed because… | 我之所以要求封存本次记录 |
[29:51] | because Scott wasn’t dating the victim. | 因为斯科特没有在与死者约会 |
[29:53] | They were just friends. | 他们只是普通朋友 |
[29:55] | Scott Reynolds is gay. | 斯科特·雷诺兹是同性恋 |
[29:56] | Give me a break. | 得了吧 |
[29:57] | I’ve got a hundred people that can put them together. | 我有无数个证人可以证明他们在一起 |
[29:59] | That’s kind of what we were going for. | 我们要的就是这种效果 |
[30:02] | Lisa was helping him maintain his reputation on the team. | 丽莎在帮他保持队内的声誉 |
[30:05] | And Scott’s boyfriend, CJ, lives in Lisa’s building. | 而斯科特的男友CJ住在丽莎的公寓楼 |
[30:08] | I have copies of financial documents linking CJ and Scott. | 我有证明CJ和斯科特具有关系的财政文件 |
[30:13] | I also have an affidavit from CJ | 我还有一份CJ的宣誓书 |
[30:16] | saying that they were together the night of the murder. | 说明谋杀发生当晚他们俩在一起 |
[30:18] | Now, this explains both the triangulated cell call | 这就解释了当时的电话定位 |
[30:21] | and why Scott’s flowers were not at the crime scene. | 还有斯科特买的花为何不在犯罪现场 |
[30:24] | This seems pretty sound. | 这似乎非常合理 |
[30:27] | Given the evidence, I move to dismiss all charges. | 鉴于这一证据 我申请撤销所有控告 |
[30:30] | I’m gonna need time to verify that information. | 我需要时间来核实这一信息 |
[30:32] | I will release Mr. Reynolds, pending your investigation. | 我会在你的调查结束之后释放雷诺兹先生 |
[30:35] | And given the sensitive nature of what we have just shared- | 鉴于我们刚才所提信息的敏感性 |
[30:37] | No one will say a word. | 完全保密 |
[30:39] | The record is sealed. | 记录会得到封存 |
[30:41] | Best of luck to you, young man. | 祝你好运 年轻人 |
[30:48] | If you don’t need anything else, | 你要是没什么别的事 |
[30:49] | I’m gonna go grab lunch. | 我要去吃午饭了 |
[30:50] | Where are the canceled checks from George’s account? | 乔治账户里的已兑现支票呢 |
[30:52] | He didn’t have a checking account. | 他没有支票账户 |
[30:55] | Of course he did. | 他当然有 |
[30:55] | He cashed a $100 check at the casino. | 他在赌场支付了一张100块的支票 |
[30:57] | George didn’t have his own account, | 乔治没有自己的支票账户 |
[30:59] | And he and Molly didn’t have a joint one. | 他和莫莉也没有联合账户 |
[31:01] | My guess, she didn’t trust him with money. | 我猜她在钱的问题上不相信他 |
[31:04] | Mm. He used Molly’s check at the casino. | 他在赌场用了莫莉的支票 |
[31:07] | Well, that shouldn’t matter. At the time, they were married. | 这应该没关系 那个时候他们还没离婚 |
[31:11] | Trust me, it matters. | 相信我 绝对有关系 |
[31:17] | If you’re still talking to me, I owe you an apology. | 如果你没有不理我的话 我是来向你道歉的 |
[31:20] | No, you had every right to be disappointed. | 不 你完全有理由失望 |
[31:23] | You know, I always want to be on the side of justice. | 我总是想站在正义的一边 |
[31:27] | But I guess this time I wanted to be on the side of Owen. | 但我猜这次我想站在欧文的一边 |
[31:33] | It just hasn’t been easy around here. | 我最近跟他的关系一直比较紧张 |
[31:35] | Jane. | 简 |
[31:36] | Oh, Scott. Yes, come in. | 斯科特 快请进 |
[31:39] | Mr. Reynolds, hi. Nice to meet you. | 雷诺兹先生 幸会 |
[31:41] | I’m a big fan. | 我是你的铁杆球迷 |
[31:41] | You’re gonna have a great season. | 你这个赛季一定会有出色表现 |
[31:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[31:47] | The Guardians released me. | 守卫队解雇了我 |
[31:49] | What?! No, they cannot fire you. | 什么 他们不能开除你 |
[31:51] | A messenger just delivered this letter of termination. | 信差刚刚送来了这封解雇信 |
[31:54] | Jane, you said this wouldn’t happen. | 简 你说过不会发生这种事情 |
[31:55] | Now everything I worked for is over. | 现在我为之努力的一切都付之东流了 |
[32:02] | Would you excuse me for just a minute? | 能失陪一下吗 |
[32:07] | How dare you? | 你竟敢这样 |
[32:08] | How dare I what? | 我竟敢哪样 |
[32:09] | I trusted you, Owen. | 我相信了你 欧文 |
[32:11] | You betrayed me. | 但你却背叛了我 |
[32:13] | You outed my client. | 你帮我的客户出了柜 |
[32:15] | The initials at the bottom of the page? | 这封信底部的姓名缩写 |
[32:17] | HP:OF” — Harrison & Parker, Owen French. | “哈帕欧法”代表哈里森·帕克律所的欧文·法兰奇 |
[32:20] | So, you’re working for the Guardians. | 所以说你是守卫队的代理律师 |
[32:22] | Yes, I am, but I would never violate confidentiality. | 对 但我不会违反保密特权 |
[32:25] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[32:25] | Okay, well, then how did the owners find out about Scott? | 那球队老板是怎么发现斯科特的性取向的 |
[32:29] | Obviously, they fired him because he’s gay. | 他显然是因为他是同性恋才解雇了他 |
[32:31] | No, it’s not like that. | 不是这样的 |
[32:32] | His contract’s hazardous activity clause | 他合同中的危害活动条款 |
[32:34] | prohibits him from riding a motorcycle. | 禁止他骑摩托车 |
[32:36] | As we found out during the arraignment, | 而我们在传讯期间发现 |
[32:38] | he violated that clause. | 他违反了这个条款 |
[32:39] | In fact, it was right after his admission | 事实上 在传讯结束之后 |
[32:41] | that Franklin asked me to draw up this letter. | 弗兰克林就让我起草了这封信 |
[32:43] | Why didn’t you tell me you were representing them? | 你为何不告诉我你是他们的代理律师 |
[32:46] | Chinese Wall. | 职能分离 |
[32:47] | You represent Scott in his criminal case, | 你代理斯科特的刑事案件 |
[32:50] | I represent the Guardians in selected civil matters. | 我代理守卫队个别的民事案件 |
[32:52] | Terminating Scott is a civil case. | 解雇斯科特是民事案件 |
[32:53] | It makes us adverse. | 这造成了我们的利益冲突 |
[32:54] | Oh, yeah, we’re adverse, all right. | 没错 我们确实有冲突 |
[32:56] | I’m seeking an emergency hearing, | 我要申请一次紧急听证会 |
[32:58] | and I’m gonna fight that termination. | 对这次解雇提出反对 |
[32:59] | I figured you might. | 我就知道你会这么做 |
[33:00] | See you in court. | 法庭上见 |
[33:09] | Do you really think that the owners found out that Scott is gay? | 你真觉得球队老板发现斯科特是同性恋了吗 |
[33:12] | Well, I don’t buy that they’d fire him | 我可不相信他们解雇他 |
[33:13] | over riding a motorcycle. | 是因为他骑摩托车 |
[33:15] | And my guess is that that hazardous activity clause | 我猜那条危害活动条款 |
[33:19] | isn’t regularly enforced. | 并没有定期执行 |
[33:22] | Let’s look at Facebook. | 我们到脸书上看看 |
[33:24] | That’s where guys usually brag about | 男人们经常在那里炫耀 |
[33:25] | their dumb, dangerous adventures. | 自己愚蠢而危险的冒险活动 |
[33:28] | Okay, Travis Nesbit, first baseman. | 特拉维斯·内斯比特 一垒手 |
[33:31] | Oh, here is a photo of Travis cliff-diving in Hawaii. | 这是特拉维斯在夏威夷跳崖的照片 |
[33:35] | See? My hunch was right. | 你瞧 我的直觉是对的 |
[33:37] | That motorcycle was just a pretext. | 骑摩托车只是个托辞 |
[33:40] | All right. Here’s the problem. | 好了 有个问题 |
[33:43] | Owen said that Franklin wanted to fire Scott | 欧文说弗兰克林在斯科特被传讯之后 |
[33:45] | after the arraignment, | 想要解雇他 |
[33:47] | But that’s before any of us knew he was gay. | 但那是在我们知道他的性取向之前 |
[33:50] | So we need to prove that Franklin found out about Scott’s sexuality | 所以我们要证明弗兰克林在解雇斯科特之前 |
[33:54] | prior to this termination. | 就发现了他的性取向 |
[33:56] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[33:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:00] | My client’s ex-husband had no authority to use her check. | 我委托人的前夫无权使用她的支票 |
[34:04] | But for the casino’s negligence, | 如果不是由于赌场的疏忽 |
[34:06] | George never would have had the money to win the jackpot, | 乔治绝不可能有钱赢得头奖 |
[34:09] | Which directly led to my client’s problems with the I.R.S. | 这直接导致了我委托人与国税局之间的问题 |
[34:12] | As general counsel of the casino, | 作为赌场的法律总顾问 |
[34:13] | I can assure you my client had no obligation | 我可以向你保证我委托人没有义务 |
[34:16] | to confirm Mr. Randal’s authority | 在签署你委托人的账户之前 |
[34:18] | to sign on your client’s account. | 确认雷诺兹先生的职权 |
[34:20] | But now that we know he’s defrauded us, | 但既然现在我们知道他欺骗了我们 |
[34:22] | his winnings are void. | 他的奖金无效 |
[34:24] | What? | 什么 |
[34:25] | Under California Gaming Statutes, | 根据《加州赌博法规》 |
[34:27] | any fraud perpetrated by a player | 玩家的任何欺诈行为 |
[34:28] | voids all subsequent winnings. | 均将使其随后赢得的奖金无效 |
[34:30] | You just said he had no authority to sign that check, | 你刚才说他无权签署那张支票 |
[34:33] | So under joint and several liability, | 所以根据连带责任 |
[34:35] | your client must return all his winnings to the casino. | 你的委托人必须将全部奖金归还给赌场 |
[34:38] | You’re coming after my client? | 你要找我的委托人要钱 |
[34:40] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[34:42] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 |
[34:43] | No, no, no. | 别这样 |
[34:44] | Look. Uh… | 你看 |
[34:45] | We can just forget about this whole meeting. | 我们还是把刚才的谈话抛到脑后吧 |
[34:48] | We’ll be filing suit for the full $200,000. | 我们会提起诉讼 索赔全部的20万美元 |
[34:51] | George only won $100,000. | 乔治只赢了10万块 |
[34:53] | He only cashed in $100,000 from his player’s bank account. | 他只从他的玩家银行账户支取了10万块 |
[34:55] | But the actual winnings were $200,000. | 但他赢得的实际奖金额是20万块 |
[34:58] | So we’ll be putting a lien on George’s player’s account. | 我们会对乔治的玩家账户执行留置权 |
[35:00] | We’ll be going after your client for the balance. | 我们会向你的委托人索要余款 |
[35:07] | Why are you smiling, Ms. Kaswell? | 你笑什么 卡斯维女士 |
[35:08] | Well, this document says | 这份文件上说 |
[35:10] | that in order to get a player’s club bank account, | 为了获得玩家的俱乐部银行账户 |
[35:12] | the player must consent to a credit check. | 玩家必须同意接受信用核查 |
[35:15] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[35:16] | So, if the casino had done a credit check on George, | 如果赌场对乔治进行了信用核查 |
[35:19] | they would’ve learned that George isn’t on Molly’s account, | 他们就会发现乔治并不在莫莉的账户上 |
[35:22] | which means that your company either, | 这就意味着你们公司 |
[35:24] | “A,” didn’t read the report, which is gross negligence, | 要么没有阅读报告 这属于重大过失 |
[35:27] | or, “B,” they did read it, | 要么他们阅读了报告 |
[35:29] | which would make them guilty of fraud in accepting a bad check. | 这将使他们因接受空头支票而构成诈骗罪 |
[35:40] | I’m sure we can work something out. | 我们肯定还有协商的余地 |
[35:45] | You know how you asked me to look into | 你不是让我去查 |
[35:47] | all the tenants at the apartment complex? | 那栋公寓楼里的所有住户吗 |
[35:49] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[35:50] | Well, I noticed that Lisa’s rent | 我发现丽莎的房租 |
[35:51] | was being paid for by a genco corporation. | 一直是由一家发电公司在支付 |
[35:53] | And at the time, it wasn’t important. | 这点在当时并不重要 |
[35:55] | But now? | 那现在呢 |
[35:56] | Well, genco is Franklin Rhodes’ Holding Company. | 那家发电公司是弗兰克林·罗兹的控股公司 |
[36:01] | Why would the owner of the team be paying her rent? | 为何球队老板要给她付房租呢 |
[36:04] | Maybe Lisa wasn’t Scott’s benevolent beard. | 也许丽莎并非斯科特的形式女友 |
[36:07] | And maybe Franklin knew the truth | 也许弗兰克林知道真相 |
[36:09] | and was paying Lisa to pretend to be Scott’s girlfriend | 他给丽莎付房租让她假装斯科特的女友 |
[36:13] | to keep the next Derek Jeter in the closet. | 让下一个德瑞克·基特不要出柜 |
[36:15] | How long has genco been paying her rent? | 发电公司为她付房租多久了 |
[36:17] | About seven months. | 七个月左右 |
[36:19] | That is just when Scott and Lisa started dating. | 斯科特和丽莎就是从那时起开始约会的 |
[36:22] | But Lisa’s been living there for two years. | 但丽莎已经在那里住了两年了 |
[36:24] | And you’ll never guess who paid the rent before genco. | 你绝对猜不到在发电公司之前是谁给她付房租 |
[36:30] | My husband paid her rent, but that’s ancient history. | 我丈夫给她付过房租 但那都是老黄历了 |
[36:33] | Oh, you knew about your husband’s affair with Lisa? | 你知道你丈夫和丽莎的婚外情吗 |
[36:36] | Oh, yes. | 对 |
[36:38] | Believe it or not, I found a canceled rent check. | 信不信由你 我发现了一张已兑现的租金支票 |
[36:41] | I threatened to leave him, and he ended it with her. | 我威胁说要离开他 他就跟她断了 |
[36:44] | This was seven months ago? | 这是七个月前的事情吗 |
[36:46] | Yes, right around the time Lisa started dating Scott. | 对 就在丽莎开始跟斯科特约会那段时间 |
[36:50] | I don’t understand what this is about. | 我不明白这是为了什么事情 |
[36:51] | I am so sorry to ll you this, but seven months ago, | 我很遗憾地告诉你 七个月前 |
[36:55] | your husband did not break up with Lisa. | 你丈夫并没有与丽莎分手 |
[36:58] | In fact, he continued to pay her rent | 事实上 他在继续给她支付房租 |
[37:01] | using funds from genco instead of his personal account. | 使用的是发电公司的账户 而非个人账户 |
[37:06] | And what about Scott? | 那斯科特呢 |
[37:08] | You think she was dating both men? | 她在脚踏两只船吗 |
[37:12] | Oh, Ms. Rhodes… | 罗兹太太 |
[37:14] | I have my client’s permission to tell you this – | 我的委托人同意我把这件事告诉你 |
[37:18] | Scott is gay. | 斯科特是同性恋 |
[37:24] | I had no idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[37:25] | We believe Franklin learned Scott was gay, | 我们认为弗兰克林发现斯科特是同性恋 |
[37:27] | and he and Lisa came up with an arrangement to hide their affair | 他和丽莎想出一种掩饰他们关系的办法 |
[37:31] | and still protect the team’s investment in Scott. | 同时还能保护球队对于斯科特的投资 |
[37:33] | Of course, everything changed with Scott’s arrest. | 当然 斯科特被捕之后 一切都变了 |
[37:36] | So you think Franklin got worried | 所以说你认为弗兰克担心 |
[37:38] | that Scott would come out in order to defend himself? | 斯科特会为了给自己辩护而出柜 |
[37:42] | Which is why he used the pretext of the motorcycle to fire him. | 所以他用了摩托车的托辞开除了他 |
[37:47] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[37:50] | Do you know where Franklin was when Lisa was killed? | 你知道丽莎被杀时 弗兰克林在哪儿吗 |
[37:56] | He wasn’t with me. | 他没跟我在一起 |
[38:07] | – Kim. – Molly — | -金 -莫莉 |
[38:08] | Before you say anything, I owe you an apology. | 你先听我说 我要向你道歉 |
[38:11] | I was really out of line. | 我之前太过分了 |
[38:12] | Oh, please, everything you said was true. | 别这样 你说的都是实话 |
[38:14] | I’m the one who should apologize. | 是我该道歉才对 |
[38:16] | So I hope this check | 我希望这张 |
[38:19] | from the Palm Desert Casino will suffice. | 棕榈沙漠赌场的支票足以表示歉意 |
[38:24] | $100,000? | 十万块 |
[38:25] | Yeah. Apparently, your ex won 200 grand | 对 显然你前夫赢了二十万块 |
[38:28] | but kept a hundred of it in his casino account, | 但在赌场账户里存了十万 |
[38:30] | which is why we never saw the full amount on his tax returns. | 所以我们一直没在他的纳税申报上看到全额 |
[38:34] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[38:35] | So I convinced the casino to pay George’s tax bill, | 所以我就说服赌场支付乔治的税单 |
[38:39] | which means this check is all yours. | 这意味着这张支票是你的了 |
[38:42] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[38:45] | You’re like wonder woman, only with a baby bump. | 你简直就是挺着大肚子的神奇女侠 |
[38:48] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[38:51] | – You’re welcome. – Thank you. | -不客气 -谢谢 |
[38:57] | One hour ago, Franklin Rhodes, the owner of the Guardians, | 一小时前 守卫队老板弗兰克林·罗兹 |
[39:01] | was charged with the murder of Lisa Dunfee. | 被控谋杀丽莎·邓菲 |
[39:04] | My office believes that there is sufficient evidence for a conviction. | 地检办认为有足够证据将其定罪 |
[39:08] | Scott Reynolds has been exonerated | 斯科特·雷诺兹已被免罪 |
[39:12] | and would like to make a statement. | 他希望发表一项声明 |
[39:18] | I want to thank my lawyer for standing by me | 我想感谢我的律师对我的支持 |
[39:20] | and for helping the authorities solve this awful crime. | 并协助当局解决这一恶性案件 |
[39:24] | And I also want to thank her for giving me the courage to tell the truth. | 我还要感谢她给我说出真相的勇气 |
[39:29] | I’m gay. | 我是同性恋 |
[39:31] | And while I believe it’s irrelevant to my career, | 尽管我认为这与我的职业生涯无关 |
[39:34] | I realize I stand in uncharted waters. | 但我知道自己身处未知领域 |
[39:37] | While my future is uncertain, I — | 尽管我的前途未卜 |
[39:38] | Mr. Reynolds. | 雷诺兹先生 |
[39:40] | To the contrary, your future is quite certain. | 正好相反 你的前途十分明确 |
[39:44] | At least for the next three years. | 至少是在未来的三年内 |
[39:46] | Your lawyer just negotiated a very lucrative new deal. | 你的律师刚刚谈成了一个非常合算的条件 |
[39:51] | We just need a signature. | 我们只需要你签字就行 |
[39:54] | It’s a new era in baseball, | 这是棒球的新时代 |
[39:56] | and the Guardians couldn’t be more proud. | 守卫队为此感到十分骄傲 |
[40:00] | You’re amazing, Jane. | 你太棒了 简 |
[40:07] | Leave it open. | 先别付 |
[40:09] | And two more, please. | 再来两杯 |
[40:15] | Nothing’s gonna happen. | 我们之间不会发生什么 |
[40:16] | Not a chance. | 完全没可能 |
[40:18] | I just want company. | 我只是希望有人陪 |
[40:20] | No one likes to be lonely. | 没人喜欢孤单 |
[40:22] | Just two colleagues sharing a drink. | 只是两位同事一起喝个小酒 |
[40:25] | I’m glad we’re on the same page. | 很高兴我们达成了共识 |
[40:50] | 弗兰克林·罗兹因谋杀罪被捕入狱 针对斯科特·雷诺兹的指控全部撤销 | |
[40:58] | Okay, Stace, I’m sorry I have not been around, | 史黛西 抱歉最近没能陪你 |
[41:00] | but Teri said that you found a donor, | 不过泰丽说你找到了捐精者 |
[41:02] | And I want to hear all about him. | 我想了解他的全部信息 |
[41:04] | Well, I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[41:07] | Not about the baby — about the donor. | 不是代孕的事情 而是关于捐精者 |
[41:09] | Oh. But I heard he was perfect. | 可我听说他各方面都很完美 |
[41:11] | He was hot, he was a smartypants, | 他很帅 很聪明 |
[41:13] | and he agreed to do it, but… | 他也同意捐赠 但是 |
[41:15] | But what? | 怎么了 |
[41:17] | While we were talking to 17-85B, | 我们在跟17-85B交谈时 |
[41:20] | he declined a call from his mother. | 他拒接了他母亲的电话 |
[41:23] | His own mother! | 他的亲生母亲 |
[41:24] | Can you believe that? | 你敢相信吗 |
[41:25] | As if I want to have a baby | 我怎么可能想生一个 |
[41:27] | that’s genetically programmed to decline my calls. | 从骨子里就会拒接我电话的孩子呢 |
[41:30] | Yeah. I mean, I don’t think it works like that, | 虽说遗传性的原理并非如此 |
[41:32] | but I totally get your point. | 但我完全理解你的意思 |
[41:33] | Jane, I don’t want a stranger as the donor. | 简 我不想让陌生人来做捐精者 |
[41:37] | I want to know my baby’s biological father. | 我希望了解我孩子的亲生父亲 |
[41:45] | I guess this egg won’t be the one. | 看来我这个月不会怀孕了 |
[41:49] | Well, you know, I’m sorry for the egg, | 我对这枚卵子表示同情 |
[41:50] | but I’m happy for you. | 但却为你高兴 |
[41:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:54] | You know what you want, and that’s great. | 你知道自己想要什么 这样很棒 |
[41:58] | So, now, I am going to get in the bathtub | 我现在要去泡个澡 |
[42:00] | with a glass of wine and a list of my contacts. | 喝杯红酒 翻一下通讯录 |
[42:03] | There’s got to be a good candidate somewhere in my past. | 我过去肯定认识过合适的候选人 |
[42:15] | Uh, is everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[42:18] | Yeah — No. No. Yeah. Everything’s fine. | 是的 一切都好 |
[42:20] | I-I just — I came by to tell you that Tamra Rhodes | 我只是来告诉你 塔玛拉·罗兹 |
[42:22] | is gonna be giving the firm a lot of business, and… | 会给咱们律所带来不少生意 |
[42:26] | …You’re the one who made it happen. | 这全是你的功劳 |
[42:28] | Well, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[42:30] | And, Jane… | 简 |
[42:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[42:36] | I’ve been acting like a total jerk, | 我对你的态度一直不好 |
[42:40] | And taking out my — you know, my personal feelings | 把我的个人情绪 |
[42:43] | in a professional setting is wrong. | 带到工作中是不对的 |
[42:49] | I’m really sorry. Can can you…forgive me? | 十分抱歉 你能原谅我吗 |
[42:53] | Yes. Of course I can forgive you. | 当然 我原谅你 |
[42:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[43:01] | I miss that smile. | 你很怀念你的笑容 |
[43:06] | Have a — have a good night, Jane. | 晚安 简 |