时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:04] | That’s me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:08] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:10] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | And I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:14] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:15] | A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:19] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:21] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | Now, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:46] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[00:51] | Go away! | 别吵 |
[00:52] | Paul, what are you doing in my bed? | 保罗 你在我床上干什么 |
[00:55] | Trying to catch a few Z’s if you don’t mind. | 你不介意的话 我就是打算睡会觉 |
[00:57] | -Get up! -All right! | -起来 -行行行 |
[00:58] | Geez, nice hospitality, you know? | 天啊 你还真是”热情好客” |
[01:01] | No wonder your other guardian angels quit. | 怪不得你的守护天使们都纷纷辞职了 |
[01:03] | They didn’t quit. They moved on, | 他们不是辞职 只不过是换人了而已 |
[01:05] | And they certainly didn’t disappear for an entire week | 他们也不会消失整整一周后 |
[01:09] | just to show up in my bed. | 突然出现在我床上 |
[01:11] | So you missed me. | 你就是想我了呗 |
[01:12] | That’s sweet, Jane. | 还真贴心呢 简 |
[01:13] | Now, if you don’t mind, I’m… | 如果你不介意 |
[01:15] | I’m just really tired, okay? | 我现在真的很累 |
[01:17] | Get up! | 起来 |
[01:18] | Oh, my god! You’re naked. | 天啊 你没穿衣服 |
[01:20] | – Relax, just a human body. – Oh, my god. | -放轻松 只不过是普通人类身体 -天啊 |
[01:23] | You know, I met these twins, Tina and Gina, at Burning Man. | 我昨天在火人节碰到了一堆双胞胎 蒂娜和吉娜 |
[01:25] | They said I should never even wear clothes. | 她们说我就不该穿衣服 |
[01:27] | – Delightful. – and, hey, did you know that | -真好啊 -你知道 |
[01:29] | the entire clothing industry is built around body shame? | 服装业是基于人们对于自身体型的羞耻吗 |
[01:31] | Oh, fascinating. | 引人入胜啊 |
[01:32] | None of it explains what you are doing in my bed! | 这些都无法解释你为什么出现在我床上 |
[01:35] | I’m hearing a lot of noise right now, okay? | 我现在听到很多噪音 |
[01:37] | And what I really want to hear is just — | 而我真正想听的是… |
[01:39] | No, you shh, shh, shh! | 不 是你闭嘴 嘘 |
[01:40] | ’cause we’re gonna talk. I’m gonna set some boundaries. | 我们现在要聊一聊 要立规矩 |
[01:43] | Just come back when I’m not hung over, okay? | 我宿醉结束之后你再来找我好吗 |
[01:46] | Say February. | 也就是二月左右吧 |
[01:51] | You’re drooling on my pillow! | 你在我的枕头上流口水 |
[01:53] | Hey, Jane! | 别这样 简 |
[02:01] | Hey, sweetie. Good morning. | 早啊 甜心 |
[02:03] | I am so tired. | 我好累 |
[02:05] | Between baking, accounting, and restocking, | 烘焙 算账 进货 |
[02:08] | I worked 18 hours yesterday. | 我昨天工作了18小时 |
[02:10] | Who knew owning a business would be so much work? | 谁知道自己创业会这么麻烦 |
[02:12] | You know, maybe you should hire more help. | 也许你该雇个人帮你 |
[02:14] | I can barely pay my bills. | 我自己的账单都快付不起了 |
[02:16] | I just figured once the pakery was up and running, | 我一直以为只要把店开起来 |
[02:18] | it would take care of itself, you know, like children, | 一切就会自动运营 就好像养孩子一样 |
[02:20] | but the bigger it gets, the more attention it needs. | 但生意越做越大 我就需要投入更多精力 |
[02:23] | Like children. | 就像养孩子一样 |
[02:24] | I think I came up with a temporary solution. | 我有个短期内解决问题的方式 |
[02:27] | -Mm-hmm? -I’m taking the day off. | -是吗 -我今天休息 |
[02:29] | Stacy… | 史黛西 |
[02:30] | So I can go to a women’s business conference. | 我就能去参加女性商业会议了 |
[02:33] | And I get a one-on-one with a top female businesswoman. | 我就能和顶级女性女企业家进行一对一会谈了 |
[02:36] | You know, sweetie, all businesswomen are female. | 甜心 所有的女企业家都是女性 |
[02:40] | What? | 什么 |
[02:41] | Never mind. | 没事 |
[02:42] | Oh, listen, if Paul comes out of my bedroom, don’t be alarmed. | 如果保罗从我卧室出来 不要大惊小怪 |
[02:46] | You slept with your friend paul?! | 你和保罗睡了 |
[02:48] | No, no. He just needed a place to crash. | 没没没 他就是需要一个落脚的地方 |
[02:51] | Anyway, good luck today. | 无论如何 祝你今天好运 |
[02:53] | Have your questions ready. Keep an open mind. | 准备好问题 虚心接受不同意见 |
[02:56] | I always do. | 我一向如此 |
[03:00] | Kim? Amy from prenatal yoga. | 金 我是产前瑜伽班的艾米 |
[03:04] | Oh. Right. Hey. | 对 你好 |
[03:06] | You, uh, you helped me get into Balasana pose. | 你帮我纠正了婴儿式的姿势 |
[03:09] | – Yeah. – How are you? | -对 -你好吗 |
[03:10] | Hey. Sorry for just dropping in like this. | 很抱歉就这样不请自来 |
[03:12] | It’s okay. What’s going on? | 没事 怎么了 |
[03:15] | This baby is about to drop, and I don’t want it. | 我就快生了 但是我不想要这孩子 |
[03:19] | Oh, Amy, I-I understand | 艾米 我知道即为人母 |
[03:21] | that the thought of motherhood can be terrifying. | 这件事很让人惶恐 |
[03:23] | Oh, no, no, no, it’s not that. | 不是这样的 |
[03:26] | Um, this baby isn’t mine. I’m a surrogate. | 这孩子不是我的 我是个代理孕母 |
[03:30] | Um, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[03:33] | So someone hired you to carry their baby? | 所以有人请你代孕 |
[03:37] | Last year, I responded to this ad | 去年 我看到了一则广告 |
[03:39] | looking for surrogate mothers. | 有人在征代理孕母 |
[03:41] | It was placed by a lawyer named Nina Lewis. | 广告是由一名叫做妮娜·刘易斯的律师发布的 |
[03:46] | Nina took care of everything, | 妮娜把一切都安排好了 |
[03:48] | And after I got pregnant, I started to get weekly checks. | 而我怀孕之后 每周都会收到支票 |
[03:50] | But two months ago, the checks stopped coming, | 但两个月之前 我就没有再收到支票了 |
[03:52] | And now she won’t return my calls. | 现在她也不回我电话了 |
[03:54] | Do you have the names of the intended parents? | 你知道受赠父母的姓名吗 |
[03:56] | Nina used this computerized database | 妮娜使用的是计算机化数据库 |
[03:58] | to match the surrogates. | 来完成代理孕母配对 |
[04:00] | It’s all anonymous. | 整个过程都是匿名的 |
[04:01] | She says it’s easier — emotionally. | 她说这样的话 感情上会好受一点 |
[04:04] | Okay, um, well, let me reach out to Nina, | 好 我来联系妮娜 |
[04:07] | See what I can find out. | 看看我能问出些什么 |
[04:08] | Kim, I have two kids. | 金 我自己就有两个孩子 |
[04:12] | I agreed to do this because I wanted to help out a couple | 我答应做代理孕母是因为可以帮助不孕夫妇 |
[04:15] | and make some extra money, | 同时还能挣点外快 |
[04:16] | but the thought of having another mouth to feed, | 但是想到再加一张嗷嗷待哺的小嘴 |
[04:19] | it’s like a freight train just bearing down on me. | 我就要不堪重负了 |
[04:23] | I understand. And it’s gonna be okay. | 我理解 问题会得到解决的 |
[04:31] | Jane? | 简 |
[04:32] | Trying to decide between poppy seed and cinnamon raisin. | 正努力在罂粟籽口味与肉桂葡萄干口味之间抉择 |
[04:34] | You’re 20 minutes late to a new-client meeting. | 约见新客户的会议 你迟到了二十分钟 |
[04:36] | Yeah, I don’t have a new-client meeting ’cause if I did, | 我没有约见新客户 因为如果我有 |
[04:41] | I wouldn’t have just chosen poppy seed. | 我就不会选择罂粟籽口味了 |
[04:42] | These little suckers, they get stuck in my teeth. | 这些小颗粒 会卡在我的牙齿中间 |
[04:44] | At law firms, partners assign work to associates, | 在律师事务所中 合伙人会委派客户给律师 |
[04:47] | And the last time I checked, you were still an associate. | 而在我记忆中 你仍然是名律师 |
[04:50] | Last time I checked, you were still a… No. | 而在我记忆中 你仍然是个贱… 不行 |
[04:53] | I am a lady. | 我可是淑女 |
[04:55] | Go meet your client. | 去见你的客户 |
[04:56] | She’s in your office. | 她在你办公室里 |
[05:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:01] | Oh, thank you for seeing me. | 谢谢你拨冗见我 |
[05:03] | Oh, of course. Sorry about the wait. | 应该的 不好意思让你久等 |
[05:07] | How can I help? | 有什么我能帮你的吗 |
[05:11] | I was engaged to a wonderful man — | 我之前和一名出色的男士订了婚 |
[05:14] | The kind you always wish you’ll find | 就是那种你一直梦想着 |
[05:15] | but never think you will. | 但从没想过自己会拥有的那种 |
[05:17] | I know the type. | 我明白 |
[05:19] | Two days before the wedding, John and I went for a drive. | 婚礼前两天 约翰和我去兜风 |
[05:23] | At a red light, he turned to me, | 在一个红灯处 他转向我 |
[05:26] | then, bam, never saw it coming. | 砰 一点预兆都没有 |
[05:29] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 节哀顺变 |
[05:32] | We will definitely sue the heck out of that driver. | 我们一定会告得肇事司机屁滚尿流 |
[05:34] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[05:36] | At that light… | 在那个红灯处 |
[05:39] | John broke off the engagement, said he couldn’t marry me. | 约翰要和我分手 说他不能和我结婚 |
[05:43] | A week ago, I learned why. | 一周前 我知晓了原因 |
[05:46] | He’s been dating his dental hygienist. | 他在和他的牙科保健员约会 |
[05:49] | I’m hurt and humiliated. | 我很心痛而且感觉非常羞耻 |
[05:54] | So you want to sue your ex-fiance? | 所以你想要告你的前未婚夫 |
[05:57] | Damn right. | 对 |
[05:58] | I can’t even bring myself to take the ring off. | 我甚至无法取下订婚戒指 |
[06:08] | Would you mind waiting here? | 你介意在这里等我一下吗 |
[06:10] | I just want to confer with a partner. | 我要和合伙人交流一下 |
[06:13] | Kim, a jilted bride? Really? | 金 被抛弃的新娘 你认真的吗 |
[06:16] | Is this your idea of a joke?! ’cause if it is — | 你这是要开玩笑吗 如果是的话 |
[06:19] | I assure you, miss Bendall is a real client with a real case. | 我向你保证 本多尔小姐真的是一名客户 |
[06:22] | You can’t sue for a broken heart, Kim. | 你不能因为心碎就告别人 金 |
[06:24] | This woman doesn’t need a lawyer. | 那姑娘不需要律师 |
[06:26] | She — she needs a-a bff and a box of wine. | 她需要最好的朋友陪在身边和一箱红酒 |
[06:29] | Next time you want to assign me a case, don’t. | 下次用不着你给我分派案子 |
[06:33] | -Are you done? -Yeah. | -说完了吗 -说完了 |
[06:35] | I didn’t assign you the case. | 案子不是我派给你的 |
[06:36] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[06:38] | Okay, you said it was from a partner, | 你不是说 案子是合伙人派给我的吗 |
[06:41] | And Parker’s in toronto, so — | 而帕克又在多伦多 所以 |
[06:43] | Yeah, I meant my new partner, your new boss. | 对 我指的是我的新合伙人 你的新老板 |
[07:00] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[07:01] | You are working here? | 你现在在这里工作吗 |
[07:03] | Kim reached out to me. | 金联系了我 |
[07:05] | With parker out indefinitely, she needed someone | 鉴于帕克归期未定 她需要有人 |
[07:07] | to help manage the office and generate business. | 协管律所事务 |
[07:09] | But you’re a judge. | 但你是法官 |
[07:10] | I was a judge. | 我以前是法官 |
[07:12] | As a member of the bar, I’m also a lawyer. | 而作为法律界的一员 我也是一名律师 |
[07:13] | I’ll make three times what I did on the bench, | 在这里我的薪水是做法官的三倍 |
[07:14] | And I won’t have to wear a robe to work, well, unless I want to. | 而除非我想 我也不用穿袍子上班 |
[07:18] | But all in all, it just — | 但总的说来 |
[07:19] | It seemed like a good fit. | 这听起来是桩美差 |
[07:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:25] | What about us? | 那我们呢 |
[07:27] | We’re adults. | 我们都是成年人了 |
[07:29] | Just do your work. We’ll be fine. | 做好本职工作 我们就相安无事 |
[07:31] | You have me representing a woman whose fiance dumped her. | 你让我为一名要状告未婚夫抛弃她的女人打官司 |
[07:34] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[07:35] | Where did you even find this woman? | 你从哪找到的这个女人 |
[07:37] | My jilted-fiance support group. | 在被弃未婚夫/妻互助小组里 |
[07:42] | I didn’t realize that there was such a… | 我不知道还有这么个 |
[07:44] | -It’s a joke, Jane. -…support… | -这是个玩笑 简 -互助小组 |
[07:46] | Pam doesn’t know anything about us. | 帕姆对我们的事一无所知 |
[07:47] | Look, she’s a court stenographer. | 她是个法庭速记员 |
[07:49] | I heard what happened. I lent a sympathetic ear. | 我听说了她的遭遇 也听了她的倾诉 |
[07:51] | She asked if I thought she could sue. | 她问我她是否应该起诉 |
[07:53] | I said, “Yeah, why not?” | 我说”当然可以” |
[07:54] | Because you know that courts don’t like to apply contract law | 因为你也知道法庭不喜欢将合同法 |
[07:57] | to affairs of the heart. | 适用于感情问题 |
[07:59] | Well, judge Hodge will be entertaining your argument | 霍奇法官会听取你的辩论意见 |
[08:00] | this afternoon. | 就在今天下午 |
[08:02] | That doesn’t give me much time. | 给我的时间太少了 |
[08:04] | Pam’s fiancy led her on | 帕姆的未婚夫给她希望 |
[08:07] | and then broke her heart at the last minute. | 又在最后关头伤了她的心 |
[08:10] | Pretty awful, don’t you think? | 这事很可怕 你不觉得吗 |
[08:11] | Yes. | 是可怕 |
[08:13] | She deserves justice — swift justice. | 公正是她应得的 及时的公正 |
[08:17] | I think if — | 我认为… |
[08:18] | Find a way to make it right. | 想办法搞定这件事 |
[08:27] | Miss Lewis? | 刘易斯小姐 |
[08:28] | Well, hello. | 你好 |
[08:29] | Looks like you’re in the right place. | 看来你是来对地方了 |
[08:30] | What can I do for you? | 需要什么帮助吗 |
[08:31] | Oh. No, um, I’m a lawyer, | 不需要 我是个律师 |
[08:34] | And my friend Amy Demarco says you’ve cut off her stipend. | 我朋友艾米·德马科说你停发了她的薪金 |
[08:38] | Since you’re a lawyer, you know I can’t talk to you | 既然你是律师 就知道我不能跟你 |
[08:40] | About my dealigs with Miss Demarco. | 谈论我和德马科小姐的事情 |
[08:42] | You can’t ask a woman to carry a child and then abandon her. | 你不能让一个女人怀上孩子又抛弃她 |
[08:45] | Circumstances changed. | 事易时移 |
[08:47] | It’s a recognized risk in these arrangements. | 这类安排出现了风险 |
[08:50] | Well… | 可是… |
[08:51] | We’re not talking about an arrangement. | 我们讨论的不是什么安排 |
[08:53] | We’re talking about a baby. | 而是一个孩子 |
[08:55] | Live up to your obligations, or I’ll have a judge force you to. | 继续履行义务 否则我就请法官强制你履行 |
[09:00] | I don’t know what kind of law you practice, | 我不知道你从事哪方面的法律实务 |
[09:02] | but I’m a fertility and surrogacy law specialist. | 但我是生育和代孕法律专家 |
[09:05] | You want to go to court? I’m ready. | 你想上法庭 我没问题 |
[09:15] | Jane! What are you doing home? | 简 你回家做什么 |
[09:17] | I could ask you the same thing. | 我也该问你同样的问题 |
[09:19] | Didn’t you have your women’s business conference? | 你不是应该去参加女性商业会议吗 |
[09:22] | The morning was all about inventory accounting. | 上午全是关于库存管理的 |
[09:24] | Boring! | 超无聊 |
[09:26] | But I’ve got my one-on-one at 3:00. | 但我预约了下午三点的一对一咨询 |
[09:28] | I’m making a few special pakes so my future mentor | 我在做几个特别的派糕 让我的未来导师 |
[09:30] | can familiarize herself with my product. | 熟悉我的产品 |
[09:33] | – Good thinking. – So, why are you home? | -好想法 -那你回来做什么 |
[09:36] | Kim just brought a new partner into the firm — Owen. | 金给律所招了个新合伙人 欧文 |
[09:41] | Owen is my new boss. | 欧文成了我的新老板 |
[09:43] | That can’t be good. | 那可不是好事 |
[09:44] | Well, I’m not exactly sure, | 我还不确定 |
[09:45] | which is why I came home to clear my head. | 所以我回来理理头绪 |
[09:47] | On one hand, how can I ever look him in the eye after what I did? | 首先 在我做了那种事后如何面对他 |
[09:51] | On the other, now he has to talk to me, | 第二 他现在必须跟我说话 |
[09:55] | so maybe he’ll give me a second chance. | 也许他会再给我次机会 |
[09:57] | Do you really want a second chance? | 你真的想要第二次机会吗 |
[09:58] | I mean, what about Grayson? | 格雷森怎么办 |
[10:00] | Honestly, I was confused. | 说实话 我也很纠结 |
[10:03] | I didn’t think Grayson was an option, | 我以前没想过跟格雷森会有机会 |
[10:05] | but it’s not like I considered Owen a second choice. | 但那并不是说我把欧文看做备胎 |
[10:08] | It’s — oh, my god, what is wrong with me? | 是…天呐 我是怎么了 |
[10:11] | It’s gonna be okay, sweetie. – | 一切都会好的 亲爱的 |
[10:13] | Well, get this — Owen assigned me a new case. | 听听这个 欧文派给我一件新案子 |
[10:16] | I have to sue a man for jilting a bride-to-be. | 我得告一个抛弃未婚妻的男人 |
[10:20] | I mean, honestly, I do feel for the woman. | 老实说 我很同情那女人 |
[10:23] | Well, if you didn’t, you wouldn’t be human. | 你要不同情她就不是人了 |
[10:25] | Trouble is, california law doesn’t allow me to sue | 问题是 加州法律不允许我 |
[10:29] | for calling off an engagement. | 为悔婚而起诉 |
[10:31] | Then ignore the law. | 那就无视法律 |
[10:32] | Like, in college when we decided to go skinny-dipping | 就像大学时 我们要去裸泳 |
[10:35] | despite all the signs that said we couldn’t. | 就无视所有禁止规定 |
[10:37] | And the cops arrested us. | 但警察把我们抓了 |
[10:39] | And they were so cute, and we got like three of their numbers. | 他们超可爱 我们还拿到了三个电话 |
[10:43] | Oh, my god, you’re right. | 天呐 你说得对 |
[10:44] | You’re gonna go skinny-dipping. | 你要去裸泳 |
[10:45] | I’m gonna ignore the law. | 我要无视法律 |
[10:47] | Clothes on, thank you. | 当然是穿着衣服 谢谢 |
[10:48] | I know exactly what I’m gonna say. | 我完全清楚自己该提出怎样的论点 |
[10:53] | Your Honor, courts get involved in matters of the heart every day — | 法官大人 法庭每天都会和感情问题扯上关系 |
[10:57] | Divorce and annulment, | 离婚与撤销婚姻 |
[10:58] | pre- and post-nuptial agreements, | 婚前及婚后协议 |
[11:00] | child custody, alimony, palimony. | 子女监护权 子女抚养费 赡养费 |
[11:03] | This case is no different. | 这个案子并无二致 |
[11:05] | California Civil Code section 43.5 | 《加州民法》第43.5节 |
[11:07] | prohibits lawsuits for breach of promise to marry. | 禁止对悔婚提起诉讼 |
[11:11] | It was enacted in 1939, and it’s still on the books today. | 这条法令在1939年就已颁布 今天依然有效 |
[11:15] | He’s right. | 他说得没错 |
[11:15] | 这里借用了西西弗斯被罚的典故 他不断向山顶推一块石头 石头却总会滚回山下 | |
[11:15] | Honestly, Ms. Bingum, you’re pushing a boulder uphill. | 说实话 宾格温女士 你在做无用功 |
[11:18] | Section 43.5 is only on the books | 第43.5节依然有效 |
[11:21] | because no one has been brave enough to challenge it, | 是因为至今没人敢于挑战它 |
[11:24] | But laws of the heart are constantly evolving. | 但法律和人情时常会产生关系 |
[11:27] | Which side of history do you want to be on? | 您想在历史上留下怎样的名声呢 |
[11:30] | You really want a trial? | 你真的想进行庭审吗 |
[11:31] | We do. | 是的 |
[11:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:34] | I will not overrule the statute, | 我不会否决那条法令 |
[11:36] | but I will allow the portion of your complaint | 但我会允许你继续提出 |
[11:38] | that concerns economic damages to proceed. | 关于经济损失赔偿的诉求 |
[11:40] | – Thank you. – But let me be clear. | -谢谢 -但我得先说清楚 |
[11:42] | I am limiting your claim to quantifiable financial damages. | 我仅允许你提出可计量的经济损失赔偿 |
[11:46] | The pain of a broken heart has to be worth something. | 伤心的痛楚总该值点什么吧 |
[11:48] | Maybe so but not in my court. | 也许吧 但在我的法庭上不行 |
[11:59] | What’s going on in there? | 那里面是怎么回事 |
[12:01] | Oh, um, they are discussing Owen’s office-furniture budget. | 他们在讨论欧文的办公室家具预算 |
[12:07] | Seriously, why is Owen here? | 欧文在这做什么 |
[12:09] | Seriously, he works here now. | 他在这里工作了 真的 |
[12:12] | Jane’s totally freaking out about it. | 简完全抓狂了 |
[12:14] | This is not good. | 这可不妙 |
[12:16] | Is this a temporary thing? | 这是暂时的吗 |
[12:17] | Does Kim need help with a specific case? | 金在特殊案件上需要帮助 |
[12:19] | Grayson, she made him a partner. | 格雷森 她请他当合伙人了 |
[12:24] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:26] | You look like you just swallowed your tongue. | 你的表情好像刚吞了自己的舌头 |
[12:29] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[12:35] | Thank you. Next. | 谢谢 下一位 |
[12:41] | Hello, Ms. female businesswoman. | 你好 女性女企业家女士 |
[12:43] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[12:45] | My name is Stacy Barrett, | 我叫史黛西·巴奈特 |
[12:47] | and my business is the pakery, | 我的生意是家派糕房 |
[12:49] | An upscale dessert establishment selling pie/cake hybrids. | 一家出售派和蛋糕混合甜点的店铺 |
[12:53] | Interesting. | 很有意思 |
[12:54] | The thing is, | 问题是 |
[12:55] | I should be rolling in dough, but I’m still in debt. | 我本该赚翻了 但事实却还欠着债 |
[12:57] | What are your margins? | 你的利润是多少[也有空白之意] |
[12:58] | I would say an inch, an inch and a half. | 一英尺 一英尺半吧 |
[13:00] | I like to use a lot of filling. | 我喜欢使劲往里填馅 |
[13:02] | Your business margins. | 我是说你的商业利润 |
[13:03] | What does it cost to make one, and what do you sell it for? | 你做一个派糕的成本和卖价之差是多少 |
[13:06] | That’s a good question. | 好问题 |
[13:08] | I think we’re done here. | 我想今天就到这了 |
[13:10] | But I need your female-businesswoman wisdom. | 但我需要你的女性女企业家智慧 |
[13:12] | Well, where’s your business plan? | 你的商业计划呢 |
[13:14] | I don’t have one. | 我没有 |
[13:16] | This is totally unprofessional and unacceptable. | 这根本不专业 也不可接受 |
[13:19] | But I brought you an assortment of mini pakes. | 但给你带来了各种各样的派糕 |
[13:21] | Ms. Barrett… | 巴奈特女士 |
[13:23] | what do you really want? | 你到底想要什么 |
[13:26] | To have a life. | 好好生活 |
[13:28] | Entrepreneurs don’t have a life. | 企业家没有生活 |
[13:29] | They work 24/7. | 他们时刻都在工作 |
[13:31] | Here’s my business advice. | 给你点商业建议吧 |
[13:33] | You should either grow up or you should give up. | 你要么赶紧长大 要么就放弃 |
[13:36] | But you’re supposed to help me. | 但你本该帮我的 |
[13:38] | I am helping you. | 我就是在帮你 |
[13:39] | You have absolutely no business being in business. | 你在商业上根本没戏 |
[13:42] | I’m out. | 我没什么可说了 |
[13:47] | Amy, please tell the court | 艾米 请告诉大家 |
[13:48] | why you were interested in becoming a surrogate. | 你为什么对做代孕感兴趣 |
[13:51] | Well, it might sound odd, | 听起来也许奇怪 |
[13:52] | but I actually don’t mind being pregnant. | 但我真的不介意怀孕 |
[13:55] | And, you know, the extra money for my family. | 而且还可以为家里多赚点钱 |
[13:58] | $35,000 will pay a lot of bills. | 三千五百美金能支付不少账单 |
[14:01] | And how does the process work? | 代孕流程是怎样的呢 |
[14:03] | Well, after I passed some medical evaluations, | 我通过一系列医学评估后 |
[14:05] | Nina sent me to Moldova for the in vitro fertilization. | 妮娜送我去摩尔多瓦接受体外受精 |
[14:08] | You went to Moldova? | 你去了摩尔多瓦 |
[14:09] | The IVF costs are significantly less in other countries. | 外国体外受精要便宜得多 |
[14:13] | Nina calls it pregnancy tourism. | 妮娜管这叫做怀孕旅游 |
[14:15] | And you got pregnant on that trip? | 你在那次旅行中怀孕了 |
[14:17] | Yes. Nina started sending me checks. | 对 妮娜从那时起付我支票 |
[14:19] | But two months ago, they just stopped coming. | 但两个月前 她突然中断了支付 |
[14:23] | She left me with someone else’s baby. | 她丢下我一个人面对别人的孩子 |
[14:26] | Who does that? | 谁会做那种事 |
[14:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:33] | Did we ever sign a contract? | 我们签合同了吗 |
[14:35] | No. | 没有 |
[14:36] | I move to dismiss the case. | 我提议撤销案件 |
[14:38] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[14:39] | the parties clearly entered into an agreement. | 双方明显已达成协议 |
[14:41] | Miss Lewis posted an ad. That’s an offer. | 刘易斯小姐发布了广告 那就是要约 |
[14:44] | And even a cursory look at Ms. Demarco | 随便看德马科女士一眼 |
[14:46] | will show you there is acceptance. | 就知道她已接受要约 |
[14:48] | The initial payments constitute consideration and partial performance, | 初次付款可以看做报酬及部分履约行为 |
[14:52] | hence a contract. | 这就是一份合同 |
[14:54] | Under the statute of fraud, | 根据《防止诈欺法》 |
[14:56] | contracts for the transfer of parental rights | 亲权的转移以合同为准 |
[14:58] | must be in writing. | 必须有书面协议 |
[15:00] | No contract, no breach. | 没有合同 就没有违约 |
[15:01] | I’m afraid she’s right. | 恐怕她说得对 |
[15:03] | Without a written agreement, I have no choice but to dismiss. | 没有书面协议 我只能撤销案件 |
[15:06] | Your Honor please, | 法官大人 拜托 |
[15:07] | You can’t leave my client and this baby in the lurch. | 你不能把我方委托人和孩子置于艰难境地 |
[15:10] | At least hold the biological parents responsible. | 至少要让孩子的亲生父母负责 |
[15:12] | I’d love to consider your request | 我也想考虑你的请求 |
[15:14] | as soon as you bring those parents into my courtroom. | 但你先得把亲生父母带上法庭 |
[15:17] | Opposing counsel is the only person who’s aware of their identity. | 对方律师是唯一知道他们身份的人 |
[15:21] | I’m sorry — attorney/client privilege prevents me | 抱歉 律师与当事人的保密特权 |
[15:24] | from disclosing that information. | 不允许我公开这一信息 |
[15:26] | Then we’re done here. | 那就休庭吧 |
[15:32] | Jane. | 简 |
[15:34] | Hi. Um, how’s moving going? | 搬得怎么样了 |
[15:37] | Oh, uh, fine, fine. | 很好 很顺利 |
[15:39] | You know, when we first met, | 我们刚认识时 |
[15:40] | you were moving into your chambers. | 你正搬往你的法官办公室 |
[15:42] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久之前了 |
[15:45] | How’s the case going? | 案子怎么样 |
[15:47] | Big victory today. | 今天大获全胜 |
[15:49] | I convinced Judge Hodge to let it proceed. | 我说服霍奇法官让这件案子进入庭审 |
[15:52] | Is she gonna let you argue pain and emotional distress? | 她让你从痛苦和精神损害方面举证吗 |
[15:54] | Well, no, no, but still, | 没有 但是 |
[15:56] | I mean, we got further than I thought we’d get. | 比我想象中收获要多 |
[15:57] | Regardless of the damages, | 无论拿到多少损失赔偿 |
[15:58] | it’s not a victory if the jury can’t hear | 只要陪审团没听到约翰伤害帕姆的经过 |
[16:00] | how John hurt Pam. | 就不算胜利 |
[16:02] | Inconsiderate behavior caused real heartbreak. | 轻率行为会酿成真正的心碎 |
[16:07] | Uh, you know what? | 对了 |
[16:08] | This, uh, this isn’t for my office. | 这不是搬到我办公室的 |
[16:10] | It’s, uh… | 这是… |
[16:11] | wedding gifts. | 结婚礼物 |
[16:12] | Your side of the family. Do you mind returning them? | 你家那边的 不介意退回去吧 |
[16:15] | No, yeah, of course. | 不介意 |
[16:19] | Owen — | 欧文 |
[16:20] | Good night, Jane. | 晚安 简 |
[16:34] | Mmm, that smells fantastic! | 味道真棒 |
[16:37] | Wait a minute. Is that bacon? | 等等 这是培根吗 |
[16:38] | You don’t eat bacon. | 你不吃培根的 |
[16:41] | What’s Paul doing here? | 保罗在这里干什么 |
[16:43] | Um, I found him sleeping in our hammock. | 我发现他睡在我们的吊床上 |
[16:45] | He said he was hungry, so I invited him in. | 他叫饿 我就请他进来了 |
[16:47] | Jane, bacon is awesome. | 简 培根真好吃 |
[16:48] | Yeah, listen, I was kind of hoping to talk to Stacy alone. | 是的 听着 我想和史黛西单独聊聊 |
[16:53] | Um, but I suppose that we can all just have some breakfast. | 不过我想我们可以先共进早餐 |
[16:57] | Sorry, you’re out of bacon. | 抱歉 培根吃光了 |
[16:58] | And eggs and toast. The boy can eat. | 鸡蛋和吐司也没了 这小子饭量大 |
[17:02] | Listen, angel, | 听好 天使 |
[17:03] | You have officially overstayed your welcome, | 你太不遵从客道了 |
[17:05] | So get out of my house and stay out. | 给我出去 别再来了 |
[17:08] | I’ll grab a shower. | 我洗个澡 |
[17:09] | – No. – Thanks. You’re a doll. | -不行 -谢了 你真是个可爱娃娃 |
[17:10] | a doll is a child’s toy. | 娃娃是小孩玩具 |
[17:12] | Uh, it’s also a term of affection | 这还是个爱称 |
[17:14] | for somebody who lets me do a load of laundry. | 送给让我洗一大堆衣服的人 |
[17:16] | Maybe two? | 那两件行吗 |
[17:17] | I mean, no point in a shower if I don’t have clean clothes. | 没干净衣服换 洗澡也没意义了 |
[17:20] | Go. | 去吧 |
[17:23] | Wedding presents, huh? | 结婚礼物 |
[17:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:25] | Owen wants me to return them. | 欧文想让我还回去 |
[17:29] | I got to find a way to get through to him, | 我想找机会和他谈谈 |
[17:30] | but he is not making it easy. | 可他总不给我机会 |
[17:32] | Why aren’t you dressed for work? | 你怎么不换衣服去上班 |
[17:34] | Eh, why bother? | 何必麻烦呢 |
[17:35] | My businesswoman said I have no business being in business. | 我的女企业家说我在商业上根本没戏 |
[17:38] | – Um, what? – She asked me what I wanted. | -什么 -她问我要什么 |
[17:41] | I told her I wanted a life. | 我说要好好生活 |
[17:43] | Maybe not the right answer for a business conference. | 或许对于商务会议来说 这个答案不合适 |
[17:45] | It got me thinking. | 于是我就想 |
[17:47] | I love the pakery but maybe not enough. | 我爱派糕 可或许爱得还不够 |
[17:50] | Excuse me, ladies. Um… | 打断一下 女士们 |
[17:52] | Oh, my god, you’re — you’re wet. | 天呐 你…你湿了 |
[17:54] | Yeah, from the shower. Good water pressure. | 是的 洗澡洗的 水压不错 |
[17:56] | Mm, do you need something, honey? | 你需要什么 亲爱的 |
[17:59] | Maybe a towel. | 要条毛巾吧 |
[18:01] | Actually, do you guys have any more shampoo? | 我想问 你们还有洗发水吗 |
[18:03] | This bottle’s empty. | 这瓶空了 |
[18:05] | Under the sink. | 在水槽下面 |
[18:07] | Behind the hotel soaps. | 宾馆香皂后面 |
[18:10] | Great. Thanks. | 很好 谢了 |
[18:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:15] | Why are you so nice to him? | 你怎么对他那么好 |
[18:16] | He’s your friend, isn’t — | 他不是你朋友吗 |
[18:17] | Yeah, he’s a child. | 对 但他是个小孩 |
[18:19] | Yes. I can’t help it, | 是的 我忍不住 |
[18:21] | but I want to make him breakfast and check his hair for lice | 想给他做早餐 帮他看头发上有没有虱子 |
[18:23] | and send him on his way to school. | 然后送他去上学 |
[18:25] | Okay, back to you. | 好 言归正传 |
[18:27] | This businesswoman, whoever she is, if you see her again, | 这个女企业家 不管是谁 下回见到她 |
[18:31] | you tell her you created a business out of nothing | 告诉她 你凭空创造了一项业务 |
[18:34] | but half a pie and half a cake, and that is awesome. | 半个派 半个蛋糕 这太绝了 |
[18:38] | And you know what, sweetie? | 你知道吗 亲爱的 |
[18:40] | Whatever you want in life, I am behind you. | 不管你要什么样的生活 我都支持你 |
[18:48] | You made Owen French a partner? | 你让欧文·法兰奇做合伙人了 |
[18:50] | I know — big score, right? Parker was thrilled. | 我知道 重大举措 帕克吓坏了 |
[18:52] | I told you Owen saw me kiss Jane at their wedding. | 我告诉过你 欧文看到我在他们的婚礼上吻了简 |
[18:55] | What were you thinking? | 你脑子进水了吗 |
[18:55] | I’m sorry if Owen’s presence makes you uncomfortable. | 如果欧文的存在让你感到不自在 我只好抱歉了 |
[18:58] | Maybe next time, | 或许下次 |
[18:59] | you shouldn’t stick your tongue where it doesn’t belong. | 你该管好你的舌头 |
[19:01] | No way. Don’t turn this around on me. | 不行 别倒打一耙 |
[19:02] | Grayson, my job is to act in the best interest of the firm. | 格雷森 我的工作是谋求公司的最佳利益 |
[19:05] | A former judge brings us prestige and new business. | 前法官可以给我们带来声望和新业务 |
[19:08] | Now, this conversation is over, | 现在谈话结束 |
[19:10] | and I could use some help with this case. | 你可以帮我处理这宗案件 |
[19:13] | I read the client memo. What do you need? | 我看过客户备忘录 你要什么 |
[19:15] | I need to find the unborn child’s biological parents. | 我要找到未出生孩子的亲生父母 |
[19:19] | I’m sure your client can find someone | 我相信你的客户能找到别人 |
[19:21] | to adopt the baby after it’s born. | 在孩子出生后进行收养 |
[19:23] | No, that’s not the point. | 不 这不是重点 |
[19:24] | The biological parents need to answer for their actions. | 亲生父母该为他们的行为负责 |
[19:26] | They got Amy pregnant and then deserted her. | 他们让艾米怀孕 然后遗弃了她 |
[19:29] | You’re over-empathizing with this client. | 你对这个客户太感情用事了 |
[19:31] | What? | 什么 |
[19:32] | I’m just saying, Parker left you, and you relate to her. | 我只是说 帕克抛弃了你 你就把她当成了你 |
[19:33] | You need to stop before you say one more word. | 别再说下去了 |
[19:40] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 对不起 |
[19:43] | I’ll start searching for the intended parent agreement. | 我先去查受赠父母协议 |
[19:46] | They have to be filed with the court prior to IVF | 在所有的代孕安排中 这些协议一定要 |
[19:49] | in all surrogacy arrangements. | 在试管受精前就在法院备案 |
[19:50] | Good. Well, Amy’s almost full term, | 很好 艾米妊娠期快满了 |
[19:52] | So the agreement would’ve been filed 9 to 12 months ago. | 所以这项协议应该在9至12个月前就入案了 |
[19:55] | I’ll keep you posted. | 我会及时向你汇报 |
[20:06] | As Pam’s wedding planner, did you help her pick out her dress? | 作为帕姆的婚庆设计师 你帮她挑婚纱了吗 |
[20:09] | Yes. As you can see, | 是的 你们也看到了 |
[20:11] | it complements her silhouette. | 这件修饰出了她的轮廓 |
[20:13] | Buying a dress, it isn’t just about the money. | 买婚纱 这不仅关乎于钱 |
[20:17] | – Am I right? – Objection. | -是这样吗 -反对 |
[20:18] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[20:18] | Keep it to economic damages, Miss Bingum. | 请不要偏离经济损害问题 宾格温小姐 |
[20:21] | How much was this beautiful dress? | 这条漂亮的婚纱多少钱 |
[20:23] | $2,188. | 2188美元 |
[20:25] | Let’s talk about the invitations. | 我们来聊聊请柬 |
[20:28] | Did my client agonize over the guest list? | 我的委托人是不是被宾客名单折磨得够呛 |
[20:31] | Objection. | 反对 |
[20:32] | Counsel is trying to win over the sympathy of the jury. | 律师在试图赢得陪审团的同情 |
[20:36] | If the jury feels sympathy, I-I can’t help that. | 如果陪审团表示同情 我也无能为力 |
[20:38] | I mean, they’re only human. | 他们毕竟也是人 |
[20:40] | Miss Bingum. | 宾格温小姐 |
[20:41] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:43] | How much did she spend on the invitations? | 她在请柬上花了多少钱 |
[20:45] | $961. | 961美元 |
[20:47] | At this point, I excuse the witness, | 此刻 我想先请下证人 |
[20:48] | and I’d like to call John McNamara to the stand. | 我想请约翰·麦克纳马拉上席 |
[20:52] | Mr. McNamara, You were engaged to my client. | 迈克纳马拉先生 你之前和我方委托人订婚 |
[20:55] | – Correct? – Yes. | -对吗 -对 |
[20:57] | And you were sleeping with a dental hygienist | 而你在上述订婚期间 |
[21:00] | during said engagement? | 与牙科保健员发生了关系 |
[21:01] | Objection. | 反对 |
[21:02] | If Mr. McNamara had been honest with my client, | 如果麦克纳马拉先生对我方委托人开诚布公 |
[21:05] | he could’ve saved her a lot of money — and heartbreak. | 可能会为她免除不少经济损失 也不会让她心碎 |
[21:08] | Enough. Your next question will be about money. | 够了 你的下一个问题不能离开钱 |
[21:10] | Fine. | 好 |
[21:13] | What price would you put on Pam’s tears | 你们现在订婚已取消 |
[21:14] | over your broken engagement? | 你愿意为帕姆的眼泪赔偿多少钱 |
[21:16] | – Objection. – What? | -反对 -怎么了 |
[21:17] | Miss Bingum, you’ve just rested. | 宾格温小姐 你已结束询问 |
[21:19] | – The witness is excused. – But… | -证人可以离席了 -可是 |
[21:20] | Closing arguments this afternoon. | 今天下午进行结案陈词 |
[21:23] | And if you reference your client’s pain | 如果你提及你方委托人的痛苦 |
[21:25] | or utter the words “emotional” or “distress,” | 或吐出”情感”或”悲痛”等字眼 |
[21:27] | I will issue a directed verdict for the defense. | 我就会直接裁决被告胜诉 |
[21:31] | Understood. | 明白 |
[21:33] | What do you mean you couldn’t find the biological parents? | 什么叫你找不到亲生父母 |
[21:36] | I checked every courthouse in the county. | 我查了郡里的每个法院 |
[21:37] | Nina lewis never filed an intended parent agreement. | 妮娜·刘易斯从没存档过受赠父母协议 |
[21:40] | Great, how are we gonna find them now? | 这下可好 叫我们怎么找 |
[21:45] | – I’ve got an idea. – What are you gonna do? | -我有个办法 -你要怎么做 |
[21:47] | Trust me on this. | 交给我办就好 |
[21:48] | You want me to act? | 你想让我演戏 |
[21:50] | Oh, my god, what’s the project? | 天呐 什么计划 |
[21:51] | Are you representing J.J. Abrams? | 你在为J·J·艾布拉姆斯打官司吗 |
[21:53] | Just need your help with a client. | 只要你帮一位客户的忙 |
[21:54] | Can I use an accent? | 可以带口音吗 |
[21:56] | No. | 不要 |
[21:57] | Can I wear a costume? | 要穿戏服吗 |
[21:58] | I look great as a mermaid or a dowager countess. | 我扮美人鱼或伯爵遗孀都不错 |
[22:01] | What you’re wearing is fine. | 你现在穿的就可以 |
[22:03] | But if you required me to wear red pumps, | 如果你要我穿红色高跟鞋 |
[22:06] | then I could write off my new peep-toe platforms. | 那我可以不穿我的新鱼嘴坡跟鞋 |
[22:09] | Yes, red pumps — mandatory. | 行 红色高跟鞋 强制性的 |
[22:11] | Yay! I’m in. | 好 我加入 |
[22:12] | All right, here’s what I need you to do. | 好了 我来告诉你要做什么 |
[22:16] | I saw your ad and realized | 我看到你们的广告然后大彻大悟 |
[22:18] | I totally want to be a surrogate mom. | 我特别想做一名代孕妈妈 |
[22:20] | Well, you seem like a terrific candidate. | 是吗 你看起来就是个很棒的候选人 |
[22:22] | There is some paperwork, of course. | 当然 你还要签一些文件 |
[22:25] | Do you need to go get that? | 你需要出去拿吗 |
[22:26] | Oh, no, I have the forms right here. | 不用 这里正好有些空白表格 |
[22:28] | Ah. This is so exciting! | 那真是太棒了 |
[22:32] | Uh, do you have any water? I’m very thirsty. | 你这有水吗 我渴得很 |
[22:35] | Oh, sure. | 有的 |
[22:37] | Oh, I meant hot water. | 我是说热水 |
[22:39] | Actually, some tea would be lovely. | 其实要有茶就更好了 |
[22:42] | Oh, no problem. | 没问题 |
[22:43] | Use two bags, first green, then chamomile, | 请放两袋茶包 一袋绿茶一袋甘菊 |
[22:45] | and just let them steep until the water stops steaming. | 等水冲泡开茶包不再热气腾腾就行了 |
[22:49] | Give me a minute. | 请稍等 |
[22:50] | – Thank you! – Be right back. | -麻烦您了 -我去去就回 |
[23:07] | Grayson, I’m in. | 格雷森 我打开文档了 |
[23:08] | Do you see the name Amy Demarco? | 你看到艾米·德马科的名字没有 |
[23:09] | Sure do, and I also see the name of the couple. | 当然 我还看到了对应夫妇的名字 |
[23:12] | Text me a photo of the screen, then get out of there. | 拍成相片发给我 然后就撤吧 |
[23:15] | But I’m waiting for my tea. | 可我还等着我的茶呢 |
[23:16] | – Stacy. – Just kidding. | -史黛西 -开玩笑啦 |
[23:18] | Okay, I got to go. | 好了 我先挂了 |
[23:27] | That’s a big smile. | 笑得真灿烂啊 |
[23:28] | Oh, Stacy’s just helping me with my case. | 史黛西刚给我的案件帮了个大忙 |
[23:30] | Really? That’s fantastic. | 真的吗 太棒了 |
[23:32] | You got to love a girl who works for shoes, right? | 为鞋而活的姑娘怎能不惹人爱呢 |
[23:35] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[23:37] | Oh, god, your cookie crumbled. | 天呐 饼干都碎成渣了 |
[23:40] | It’s all over you. | 弄了你一身 |
[23:44] | Owen. | 欧文 |
[23:46] | No, no, no, don’t stop on my account. | 别别别 甭在意我 |
[23:48] | I’m not gonna have another heart attack. | 我不会又心脏病发的 |
[23:50] | In fact, if you two want to kiss each other, have at it. | 其实 你俩想亲就亲吧 好好享受 |
[24:03] | We have catalogued almost $12,000 in wedding-related expenses. | 与婚礼有关的费用算来大概有一万二了 |
[24:06] | Can you think of anything else? | 还能想起其他事项吗 |
[24:08] | What about frequent-flier miles? | 飞机的积累里程算吗 |
[24:09] | I used mine all up for our flight to Hawaii, | 我兑换了我所有里程数换来我们夏威夷之行 |
[24:11] | where he proposed. | 他在那里向我求的婚 |
[24:13] | Eh, it’s not really wedding-related, | 这算不上和婚礼有关 |
[24:16] | but you know what? We could try. | 不过或许我们可以试试看 |
[24:17] | It was so romantic, Jane — | 场面浪漫的不行 简 |
[24:19] | Probably the best day of my life. | 那可能是我这辈子最美好的一天 |
[24:21] | The waiter brought me a pina colada | 服务生端来一杯椰林飘香[鸡尾酒] |
[24:23] | with the ring tied to a cherry stem. | 樱桃杆上就系着求婚戒指 |
[24:27] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[24:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:30] | Wait, Pam, you said Hawaii. | 等等 帕姆 你刚说在夏威夷 |
[24:32] | Yes, Kapalua beach in Maui. | 是 在茂宜岛的卡帕陆亚沙滩上 |
[24:35] | What’s going on, Jane? | 怎么了 简 |
[24:37] | Aloha, Pam. We’re going back to court. | 你好[夏威夷语] 帕姆 我们可以重回法庭了 |
[24:45] | I’m sorry, mr. Kent, but what is this about? | 抱歉 肯特先生 您找我们是为了什么 |
[24:48] | I called you in as a courtesy. | 我出于礼貌给你们打了电话 |
[24:50] | We’re offering you the opportunity | 现在我们给你们机会 |
[24:51] | to take responsibility now. | 承担自己的责任 |
[24:53] | Or we’ll be filing a lawsuit this afternoon. | 不然的话 下午我们将会对你们提起诉讼 |
[24:56] | Okay, what the hell is going on here? | 这究竟是怎么回事 |
[24:57] | Mr. and Mrs. Newsome, | 纽森先生 纽森太太 |
[24:59] | meet Amy. She’s carrying your child. | 见过艾米 她正怀着你们的宝宝 |
[25:02] | You walked away from your responsibility, and we — | 你们不负责任地一走了之 我们 |
[25:04] | No, stop. We didn’t walk away from anything. | 不是的 我们没有一走了之 |
[25:06] | We want that baby more than anything in the world. | 我们想要这个孩子想要的不得了 |
[25:08] | Then why did you stop payment? | 那你们为什么不再支付薪金了 |
[25:10] | When we met with the lawyer, | 一开始我们见律师的时候 |
[25:11] | we believed we could afford the fees, but… | 以为我们能负担得起这笔费用 谁知道… |
[25:14] | I lost my job, and Cassie’s mom got sick. | 我失业了 凯西她妈患了重病 |
[25:17] | We begged her to explain to you our situation. | 我们求她向你解释一下我们的境况 |
[25:20] | We wanted to work out a payment plan for the rest, | 我们想就余款制定一个偿付计划 |
[25:22] | but she wouldn’t tell us who you were. | 但她不肯告诉我们你是谁 |
[25:23] | Let me guess. | 让我猜下 |
[25:24] | Ms. Lewis cited Attorney/Client Privilege? | 刘易斯小姐援引了”律师与当事人的保密特权” |
[25:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:28] | We even took out a second mortgage to help pay her fee. | 为了支付费用 我们甚至把房子进行了二次抵押 |
[25:30] | You took out a second mortgage for $35,000? | 为了三万五千美元就做二次抵押吗 |
[25:33] | Nina’s fee is $150,000. | 妮娜的费用是十五万美元 |
[25:35] | – What?! – It’s a lot of money, | -什么 -这可是一大笔钱 |
[25:37] | But we know that adoption can be expensive. | 不过我们都知道领养确实很贵 |
[25:41] | Um, Mrs. Newsome, | 纽森太太 |
[25:43] | when was the first time you met with your attorney, Ms. Lewis? | 你第一次和刘易斯律师见面是什么时候 |
[25:46] | About six months ago. | 大约半年前 |
[25:49] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[25:52] | Would you excuse us a moment? | 请容我们失陪一下 |
[25:53] | Be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[25:55] | Six months ago means | 半年前 |
[25:56] | that Amy was already three months pregnant. | 艾米已经有三个月身孕了 |
[25:58] | Which is why the Newsomes used the word “adoption” | 所以纽森夫妇说的是”领养” |
[26:01] | instead of “surrogacy.” | 而不是”代孕” |
[26:02] | I bet the real biological parents | 我打赌孩子的亲生父母 |
[26:04] | are just anonymous egg and sperm donors in Moldova. | 是摩尔多瓦的匿名卵细胞和精子捐赠者 |
[26:06] | It’s illegal to arrange for a woman to get pregnant | 以从领养中赢利为目的 |
[26:08] | in order to make money off of an adoption, | 安排女性怀孕是非法行为 |
[26:11] | but Nina found a way to skirt the law | 不过妮娜以虚假代孕为依托 |
[26:12] | by cloaking the adoption in a sham surrogacy. | 打着领养的旗号避开了法律的约束 |
[26:15] | Right. She sold the unborn baby to the Newsomes | 没错 她把未出生的孩子卖给纽森夫妇 |
[26:17] | and fraudulently filed an intended parent agreement | 并且欺骗性地签署了一份受赠父母协议书 |
[26:19] | just to make it look legitimate. | 让整件事从表面上看很合法 |
[26:20] | Which is why you couldn’t find the agreement. | 所以你才找不到协议书 |
[26:22] | You were looking back 9 to 12 months. | 你找的都是九到十二个月前的 |
[26:24] | We should’ve been looking six | 我们应该找六个月前的 |
[26:25] | when Nina first met the Newsomes. | 那是妮娜和纽森夫妇初次见面 |
[26:27] | I’ll call the clerk’s office, | 我这就给书记员办公室打电话 |
[26:28] | have them run the new time frame. | 让他们整理一份新的时间表 |
[26:31] | Excuse me. I’m sorry to interrupt. | 打扰一下 很抱歉打断你们 |
[26:34] | Amy’s water just broke. | 艾米的羊水破了 |
[26:42] | Coming! | 来了 |
[26:46] | O-m-g, you’re the businesswoman. | 我滴天 你是那个女企业家 |
[26:48] | Yes, I’m Barbara Corcoran. May I come in? | 是的 我是芭芭拉·柯克兰 能进去聊吗 |
[26:51] | Are you here to yell at me? | 你专门跑来教训我的吗 |
[26:52] | I want to apologize to you for yesterday. | 我想就昨天的事向你道歉 |
[26:55] | Really? You were right. | 真的吗 你说得对 |
[26:57] | I don’t know what I want out of life. | 我不知道我到底想要什么 |
[27:00] | But you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[27:01] | I tasted the pakes you left behind for me, | 我尝了你留给我的那些派糕 |
[27:03] | and they were delicious, and they’re also trendy. | 确实很好吃 也很新潮 |
[27:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:07] | But your business model is terrible. | 但你的商业模式太糟了 |
[27:09] | Well, that’s the reason I came to see you. | 所以我才去找你 |
[27:11] | Well, of course that’s why you came to me. | 你当然是为了咨询才来找我 |
[27:12] | I’ve invested in every sector of the economy, | 我投资过各个经济领域 |
[27:15] | I know what I’m doing, I’ve got a good nose for business, | 我知道自己在做什么 我有很灵敏的商业嗅觉 |
[27:17] | and I can tell you I can picture your pakeries | 我能把你的派糕推广到 |
[27:19] | in every major city across the country. | 全国每个大城市中去 |
[27:21] | Is el paso a major city? I have always wondered. | 艾尔帕索算大城市吗 我一直挺好奇的 |
[27:25] | Listen, I was in your pakery this morning, | 听着 今早我去了你的派糕店 |
[27:27] | and I’ve run numbers all morning long, | 对整个上午的客流量进行了数字分析 |
[27:29] | and that’s why I’m here, Stacy. | 所以我才来找你 史黛西 |
[27:30] | I want to talk to you about that. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[27:31] | Because you want to be partners? | 因为你想要当我的合伙人吗 |
[27:33] | Oh, my god, this is fantastic! | 我的天 太棒了 |
[27:34] | I would like every other Tuesday off. | 我想每周四轮休 |
[27:36] | You can have every day off, | 你可以天天休息 |
[27:37] | and, no, I do not want to be your partner, | 还有 我不想当合伙人 |
[27:38] | but I do want to buy you out, and I’ve brought an offer. | 不过我想买下你的店 这是我的出价 |
[27:49] | It’s simple, your honor. | 这事很简单 法官大人 |
[27:50] | I’m moving to amend my claim | 我方动议修改索赔要求 |
[27:52] | to include breach of promise to marry, | 将悔婚包括在内 |
[27:54] | and we are seeking emotional damages. | 并且要求对方支付精神损失费 |
[27:56] | Miss Bingum, I have made myself perfectly clear. | 宾格温小姐 我以为我说的很清楚了 |
[27:58] | New information has come to light. | 又出现新情况了 |
[28:00] | Oh, did the legislature overturn a 74-year-old statute? | 立法机关要推翻实行七十四年的法令了吗 |
[28:04] | No, but all this time, | 并没有 不过一直以来 |
[28:06] | we have been talking about the wrong legislature. | 我们就找错了立法机关 |
[28:10] | John proposed, Pam accepted in Hawaii, | 约翰是在夏威夷向帕姆求婚成功的 |
[28:13] | so Hawaiian law governs, | 所以应受夏威夷法律管辖 |
[28:15] | and while breach of promise to marry | 在加州悔婚 |
[28:16] | is not a cause of action in California, | 并不能当做原告的诉由 |
[28:19] | the Aloha State allows such suits. | 而在阿洛哈州[夏威夷别称]就可以 |
[28:21] | The rule in matrimonial cases is lex fori. | 婚姻案件需遵循法院地法 |
[28:24] | The laws of the state | 国家法律 |
[28:26] | in which the dispute is being held are presumed to govern. | 在纠纷发生地是假定可行的 |
[28:30] | That’s true. | 是这样呢 |
[28:32] | But thanks to your client, there was no matrimony, | 不过多亏了你的委托人 并没有形成婚姻事实 |
[28:34] | so this case should be governed under Hawaiian contract law. | 所以本案应基于夏威夷合同法进行审理 |
[28:37] | Desperate stunt. | 胡搅蛮缠 |
[28:38] | But it’s got legal teeth. | 不过有法可依 |
[28:40] | We’ll proceed under Hawaiian law. | 我们就按夏威夷法律进行庭审 |
[28:41] | Great. | 太好了 |
[28:42] | – I’ve got about three or four witnesses I want to call. – Oh, no. | -我已请到三至四位人证出庭 -不行 |
[28:44] | The jury has to give monetary value to my client’s tears. | 陪审团必须要为我委托人的眼泪给出货币价值 |
[28:47] | Miss Bingum, you’ve rested. | 宾格温小姐 你已询问完毕 |
[28:49] | Besides, despite my efforts, | 另外 即使我同意 |
[28:50] | the jury’s always heard your argument for emotional damages. | 但陪审团已经听过你关于精神损失的论证了 |
[28:53] | Anything else you want to add goes into your closing. | 你把想补充的内容添加到结案陈词当中吧 |
[28:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:01] | Jane! Jane! | 简 简 |
[29:04] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[29:05] | Hey, you’re smiling. I like that. | 你笑了 我喜欢 |
[29:06] | Get to the point, Paul. | 说重点 保罗 |
[29:09] | I get the sense that you’re upset with me, and I just — | 我觉得你在生我的气 |
[29:11] | I just want to make things right. | 我只是想弥补自己的过错 |
[29:12] | Now, I used all your conditioner. | 我用光了你的护发素 |
[29:14] | I thought it was body wash. | 我以为那是沐浴乳来着 |
[29:15] | My skin has never been so soft. Anyway… | 我的肌肤从没那么柔滑过 不管怎么说吧 |
[29:18] | Uh, I got you another bottle. | 我给你买了瓶新的 |
[29:21] | And I ate all your eggs, so I-I-I bought you… | 还有我吃光了你的鸡蛋 所以我给你买了… |
[29:24] | -Eggs? -No. Actually, | -鸡蛋吗 -不 实际上 |
[29:25] | I thought they would break, so I got you oranges. | 我觉得鸡蛋很容易碎 所以我买了些桔子 |
[29:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:30] | And lastly, um, | 最后 |
[29:31] | I know I drooled on your pillowcase, | 我知道我在你的枕套上流口水了 |
[29:33] | so I washed it. | 所以我洗过了 |
[29:34] | – You can’t wash silk. – I know that now. | -真丝是不能洗的 -我现在懂了 |
[29:36] | Uh, so I got you a new pillowcase. | 所以我给你买了个新枕套 |
[29:38] | Oh, oh, god, it’s polyester. | 天啊 是涤纶的 |
[29:40] | A more durable fabric. You’re welcome. | 这种料子更耐用 不必客气 |
[29:42] | Look I still have to keep an eye on you, | 我还是要关注你的行踪 |
[29:45] | but I won’t bother you at home ever again. | 但我不会再去家里烦你了 |
[29:48] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[29:49] | Goodbye, Jane. | 再见 简 |
[29:55] | Where are you gonna go? | 你打算去哪儿 |
[29:58] | Oh, uh, some guy told me | 有人告诉我 |
[29:59] | about, uh, these cardboard tents under the bridge downtown. | 市中心大桥下有纸板帐篷可以住 |
[30:02] | Sounds like camping. | 听着像是露营 |
[30:03] | All right, fine. You can stay at my place | 好吧 你可以住在我家 |
[30:05] | – until you find a real place of your own. – Really? | -直到你找到自己的住处 -真的吗 |
[30:08] | Yes, but you are sleeping on the couch. | 对 但你只能睡沙发 |
[30:10] | Thank you! Thank you, thank you! | 谢谢 太感谢了 |
[30:12] | – Please, not the hair! – Mwah! | -拜托别搞乱我发型 -么么哒 |
[30:14] | Thank you. I’ll see you tonight? | 谢谢 那今晚见喽 |
[30:16] | I’m gonna make you dinner. | 我给你做晚饭 |
[30:18] | Well, that would actually be nice. | 太好了 |
[30:19] | Okay, great. Uh, can I borrow 20 bucks? | 好了 能借我二十块钱吗 |
[30:23] | Yep. | 行 |
[30:24] | No, I got it. | 我自己能行 |
[30:28] | – Here you go. – Thank you. Mwah! See you! | -给 -谢谢 回见 |
[30:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:30] | – Shh! – Sorry! | -嘘 -抱歉 |
[30:41] | He’s beautiful. | 他真可爱 |
[30:44] | Have you guys picked out a name? | 你们给他起名字了吗 |
[30:46] | So, you’re — you’re still letting us adopt him? | 你还打算让我们收养他吗 |
[30:48] | Of course. He’s your son. | 当然了 他是你们的儿子 |
[30:51] | We’ll work out a payment plan, we promise. | 我们保证会制定一套偿付计划 |
[30:53] | I’m not worried about that right now. | 我现在不操心这件事 |
[30:56] | I’m just so thankful we found you. | 我只是很感激能找到你们 |
[30:58] | Can I hold him? | 我能抱抱他吗 |
[31:00] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[31:05] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[31:07] | I’m Jeanie Rapp with child services. | 我是儿童服务部的珍妮·拉普 |
[31:10] | I’m here to assume custody of the baby. | 我来承担这个孩子的监护权 |
[31:12] | Oh, I’m Amy’s attorney. | 我是艾米的律师 |
[31:14] | There must be some sort of misunderstanding. | 这里面一定有什么误会 |
[31:16] | We were recently alerted that the intended parent agreement | 我们最近发现受赠父母协议 |
[31:19] | was fraudulently back-dated and thus invalid. | 欺骗性地提前了生效日期 因此无效 |
[31:22] | Right, my office instigated that search, | 没错 是我们律所发起了那次调查 |
[31:24] | but we were trying to expose the woman who perpetrated the fraud, | 但是我们在努力揭发那个制造骗局的女人 |
[31:26] | not dismantle this relationship. | 而非解除这段关系 |
[31:28] | Regardless of your intent, a fraud was committed. | 无论你们意图如何 骗局已成 |
[31:31] | I need to take the child. | 我要把孩子带走 |
[31:33] | No, no, he’s our baby. | 不 他是我们的孩子 |
[31:34] | Please, ma’am, don’t make this any harder than it has to be. | 拜托女士 不要把事情搞得如此难办 |
[31:37] | Miss Kaswell, please, tell her. | 卡斯维小姐 拜托你告诉她 |
[31:40] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉 我 |
[31:49] | No. | 不要 |
[31:59] | He’ll remain in state care | 在进入抚养制度前 |
[32:01] | until he’s discharged into the foster system. | 他将留在国家儿童看护机构 |
[32:15] | There’s a clear moral choice here, your honor. | 这显然是个道德选择 法官大人 |
[32:17] | We have a baby and two people that love him and want him. | 我们遇到一个孩子和一对爱他并想抚养他的夫妻 |
[32:21] | Not his biological parents? | 他们不是他的亲生父母 |
[32:23] | No, we’ve confirmed that the biological parents | 不是 我们确定了亲生父母 |
[32:26] | were anonymous sperm and egg donors with no ties to the child. | 是与这个孩子无关的匿名精子与卵细胞捐赠者 |
[32:30] | Your client obtained the child by conspiring with another party | 你的委托人与另一方合谋提出欺骗性宣誓书 |
[32:32] | to file a deceptive affidavit. | 从而得到了这个孩子 |
[32:34] | They were following their lawyer’s advice. | 他们当时采纳了律师的建议 |
[32:36] | They’re innocent. | 他们是无辜的 |
[32:37] | I’ve already issued a warrant for the arrest of Nina Lewis, | 我已经下发了妮娜·刘易斯的逮捕令 |
[32:40] | And the D.A.’s conducting a review | 地检在对她所在律所 |
[32:41] | of every surrogacy ever arranged by her office. | 安排的所有代孕进行审查 |
[32:44] | Good, I hope she goes to jail for a very long time, but that doesn’t — | 好 我希望她能多做几年牢 但这也 |
[32:46] | In the absence of a valid intended parent agreement, | 在不具备有效受赠父母协议的情况下 |
[32:51] | the law demands that the child be remanded into state custody. | 法律规定这个孩子要留在国家儿童看护机构 |
[32:54] | End of story. | 就是这样 |
[32:56] | – Apologies, your honor. – Mr. Kent. | -打扰了 法官大人 -肯特先生 |
[32:58] | Miss Kaswell was just leaving. Look at this. | 卡斯维小姐这就准备离开 请过目 |
[33:05] | Always nice talking to you, your honor. | 跟您谈话总是很愉快 法官大人 |
[33:08] | You have a good day. | 祝您工作顺利 |
[33:17] | Jane. Hey, we need to talk. | 简 我想找你谈谈 |
[33:20] | Great, yeah, I-I agree. Uh, right now? | 很好 我同意 现在吗 |
[33:24] | I mean, I could do it right now. That’s fine. | 我现在可以 没问题 |
[33:26] | I-I mean, I just was — I was just prepping my closing. | 我刚刚在准备结案陈词 |
[33:29] | – You’re not closing. – What? | -你不能做结案陈词 -什么 |
[33:32] | Owen, you can’t swoop in at the last second | 欧文 你不能临时插手进来 |
[33:35] | – and take over my case. – Jane — | -接管我的案子 -简 |
[33:36] | I was the one that convinced the judge | 是我说服法官 |
[33:37] | – that Hawaiian law applies. – Jane — | -夏威夷法律适用的 -简 |
[33:39] | And you cannot use your new position to push me around. | 你不能以自己的新职务对我指手画脚 |
[33:42] | Jane! | 简 |
[33:45] | You’re not closing because Pam is. | 我是想让帕姆来结案 |
[33:48] | What? | 什么 |
[33:49] | No one can explain Pam’s pain like she can. | 除了帕姆自己 没人能道出她的痛苦 |
[33:51] | The jury has to hear it from her. | 陪审团必须听她亲口倾诉 |
[33:53] | More importantly, she needs to be heard. | 更重要的是 她也需要得到倾听 |
[33:56] | Do you think the judge will allow that? | 你觉得法官会允许吗 |
[33:57] | She’s gonna have to. | 她不得不允许 |
[33:58] | On my advice, Pam fired us. | 在我的建议下 帕姆炒了我们 |
[33:59] | She’s proceeding pro se. | 她要代表自己继续起诉 |
[34:01] | Of course, she did keep us on as standby counsel, so let’s go. | 当然 她将我们作为备用律师 走吧 |
[34:08] | I don’t understand. I’m not his mother. | 我不明白 我不是他母亲 |
[34:12] | You’re not the biological mother, | 你不是亲生母亲 |
[34:14] | but once the intended parent agreement was invalidated | 但受赠父母协议由儿童服务部 |
[34:16] | by child services, under California law, | 宣告无效之后 根据加州法律 |
[34:19] | the hospital was required to list you as the birth mother. | 医院需要将你列为生母 |
[34:22] | And how is that a good thing? | 这么做有何好处 |
[34:23] | Well, as the birth mother, his future is in your hands, | 作为生母 他的未来由你掌握 |
[34:26] | and I happen to know of a very loving couple | 而我碰巧认识一对有爱的夫妻 |
[34:29] | who would like to adopt. | 想要收养这个孩子 |
[34:30] | This is really happening? | 这是真的吗 |
[34:32] | You bet. Got a baby here. | 当然了 我们手里有个孩子 |
[34:34] | Anyone interested? | 有谁想收养吗 |
[34:40] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[34:44] | After Nina’s arrest, the D.A. froze her assets. | 妮娜被捕之后 地检冻结了她的资产 |
[34:47] | He’s assured me there’s more than enough | 他向我保证有足够的资金 |
[34:48] | to provide you with restitution, plus damages. | 支付你的赔偿金 外加损害赔偿 |
[34:51] | Oh, I just want the money that was promised. | 我只希望拿到当初承诺的金额 |
[34:54] | The rest should go to him. | 剩下的应该留给他 |
[34:56] | For his future. | 为他的未来买单 |
[34:58] | How can we ever thank you? | 大恩不言谢 |
[35:07] | Miss Bendall, are you ready to close? | 本多尔女士 你准备好做结案陈词了吗 |
[35:10] | You can do it. | 你可以的 |
[35:20] | Two years ago, John asked me out to dinner, | 两年前 约翰约我出去共进晚餐 |
[35:23] | and I spent hours getting ready for that first date. | 我为了初次约会悉心打扮了好几小时 |
[35:29] | That evening, he took me to a quaint Italian restaurant, | 那晚 他带我去了一家古色古香的意式餐厅 |
[35:33] | and we talked… | 我们一直聊天 |
[35:36] | About our dreams, our fears, what we wanted out of life. | 聊梦想 谈恐惧 还有我们对于人生的追求 |
[35:44] | After that, we were inseparable. | 从那之后 我们如胶似漆 |
[35:48] | And two months and three weeks later, he told me he loved me. | 两个月零三周后 他说他爱我 |
[35:54] | God, I loved him so much, I was bursting inside. | 天啊 我好爱他 我当时心花怒放 |
[35:58] | We went on vacations together. | 我们一起去旅游度假 |
[36:01] | We met each other’s families. | 与彼此的家人见面 |
[36:04] | And then he proposed. | 然后他向我求了婚 |
[36:08] | I saw a life with him. | 我看到了与他的未来 |
[36:13] | And I trusted him more than I’d ever trusted anyone. | 我对他寄予的信任甚于对任何人 |
[36:21] | But then, without warning, | 但是毫无征兆地 |
[36:24] | he ended it two days before the wedding. | 他在婚礼前两天提出了分手 |
[36:27] | All that time we spent together, all those memories we made, | 我们在一起共度的美好时光 拥有的温暖回忆 |
[36:31] | none of that mattered. | 都无关紧要了 |
[36:33] | For the first time in my life… | 那是我人生中第一次 |
[36:36] | I found someone who loved me… | 找到了爱我本色的… |
[36:41] | …for who I am. | 男人 |
[36:44] | And then it was over. | 然后一切都烟消云散 |
[36:47] | After he proposed, | 在他求婚之后 |
[36:49] | after I planned my dream wedding, | 在我策划了梦中婚礼之后 |
[36:51] | After I bought the dress, the invitations, and the cake. | 在我买好婚纱 请柬和蛋糕之后 |
[36:58] | It was over. | 一切都结束了 |
[37:00] | How do I get past that? | 我怎么能迈过这道坎 |
[37:01] | – Pam — – Sit down, Mr. McNamara. | -帕姆 -请坐 麦克纳马拉先生 |
[37:04] | John. | 约翰 |
[37:05] | Actually, if he’d like to speak, we don’t object. | 事实上 如果他想发言 我们并不反对 |
[37:07] | Well, if standby counsel has no objection… | 如果备用律师不反对的话 |
[37:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:19] | I’m…so sorry. | 十分对不起 |
[37:23] | I know I hurt you. There’s no excuse. | 我知道自己伤害了你 没有任何借口 |
[37:30] | I’ll give you whatever you want… | 我可以给你想要的一切 |
[37:32] | If it makes you hurt less. | 只要能让你不那么心痛 |
[37:37] | Miss Bendall? | 本多尔女士 |
[37:44] | Miss Bendall? | 本多尔女士 |
[37:57] | There’s nothing else I want from this man. | 我不想要这个男人的任何东西 |
[38:15] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[38:18] | Okay, so, the businesswoman came to our house | 那个女企业家来咱们家 |
[38:21] | and gave me this. | 给了我这个 |
[38:27] | She wants to buy the pakery? | 她想买下派糕店 |
[38:29] | She loved the pakery. Me, not so much. | 她超喜欢派糕 而我却没那么喜欢 |
[38:32] | What’d you tell her? | 你怎么跟她说的 |
[38:33] | I told her it’s not for sale. | 我说本店恕不出售 |
[38:37] | This is enough to get you out of debt | 这可足够你还债的 |
[38:38] | with enough left over to — | 而且剩下的钱可以用来… |
[38:40] | Figure out what I want out of life. | 设想我想要怎样的生活 |
[38:41] | – Yeah! – Which is why I then told her | -没错 -所以我告诉她 |
[38:43] | that I couldn’t make a decision like this without talking to you. | 我要先跟你谈过 才能做如此重大的决定 |
[38:46] | You are my investor. | 毕竟你是我的投资人 |
[38:48] | Well, I am also your best friend. | 我还是你的好闺蜜 |
[38:52] | So I support whatever decision you make. | 所以我支持你所做的任何决定 |
[38:54] | Like I said, what you have done is awesome. | 我之前说过 你发明的派糕太绝了 |
[38:57] | Which is exactly what I knew you’d say. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[38:59] | So I said yes a half hour ago. | 所以我半小时前就答应她了 |
[39:02] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啦 |
[39:05] | We’re totally gonna go out to celebrate tonight. | 我们今晚一定要出去庆祝 |
[39:08] | And then I’m gonna sleep for like a week. | 然后再酣睡一整周 |
[39:13] | I can’t wait to celebrate, | 我等不及要庆祝了 |
[39:14] | I just need to do something. | 但我现在有事要做 |
[39:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:19] | I filed the paperwork for Pam. | 我提交了帕姆案件的文书 |
[39:21] | Economic damages, nothing more. | 只要求经济赔偿 再无其他条件 |
[39:23] | And you were right about letting her deliver the summation. | 你让她做结案陈词是对的 |
[39:28] | I think it gave her closure. | 这样能让她做个了断 |
[39:32] | Good work. | 干得漂亮 |
[39:38] | I wish that you would talk to me. | 我希望你能跟我谈谈 |
[39:41] | I wish that you wanted to talk to me. | 我希望你愿意跟我谈谈 |
[39:48] | And I don’t care if you yell or throw things. | 你大喊大叫或是乱扔东西都没关系 |
[39:53] | I deserve it. | 那是我活该 |
[39:58] | Before I met you, | 在认识你之前 |
[40:01] | I was fine. | 我一切安好 |
[40:05] | Single, sure, | 虽说单身 |
[40:07] | but I was happy. | 但却很快乐 |
[40:12] | I thought I had a rich and fulfilling life. | 我觉得自己过着富裕满足的生活 |
[40:17] | And now that I’ve lost you, | 而现在失去你之后 |
[40:24] | I feel lonely. | 我觉得好孤独 |
[40:28] | Lonely all the time. | 时刻都浸浴在孤独之中 |
[40:32] | No matter where I am, no matter who I’m with, | 无论身处何方 与谁同行 |
[40:34] | I feel alone. | 我总感觉孑然于世 |
[40:37] | Please let me back in, please. | 请接纳我重回你的生活 拜托 |
[40:40] | I will prove myself to you. | 我会向你证明自己对你的爱 |
[40:44] | I mean, look, I never left. | 瞧 我从未离开过 |
[40:48] | I’m still wearing your ring. | 我还戴着你的订婚戒指 |
[40:52] | Owen, I want to marry you. | 欧文 我想嫁给你 |
[40:57] | I want to be with you. | 我想与你一起生活 |
[41:00] | I want to be with you, now. | 我现在就想跟你在一起 |
[41:03] | And always. | 直到永远 |
[41:06] | I know it’s not easy to forgive me. | 我知道原谅我并不容易 |
[41:11] | But I believe that in time we can get back to the way we were. | 但只要稍假时日 我们就能回到最初的时光 |
[41:18] | Before you kissed Grayson? | 回到你亲格雷森之前吗 |
[41:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:24] | This is exactly why we’ll never get back to the way we were. | 正因如此 我们才永远无法回到最初的时光 |