时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that inspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Luke. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使卢克 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | …and I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[00:49] | I’m working on my TV smile. | 我在练习上镜笑容 |
[00:51] | I need to blend humility and confidence — | 我要将谦逊和自信融入其中 |
[00:53] | two parts Meryl Streep, one part Katie Couric. | 两分梅丽尔·斯特里普 一分凯蒂·库里克 |
[00:56] | My future wife on national TV | 我未来的妻子将在全国电视上 |
[00:58] | arguing against Lawrence freakin’ brand. | 和大名鼎鼎的劳伦斯·布兰德辩论 |
[01:01] | You could not be hotter right now. | 现在的你 再性感不过了 |
[01:03] | But you’re gonna need more than a smile to keep up with him. | 但你对付他 光有笑容还不够 |
[01:06] | We’re debating a celebrity’s right to privacy. | 我们要讨论的是名人隐私权 |
[01:08] | I’ve had a subscription to “US Weekly” since I was 5. | 我从五岁起就在订阅《美国周刊》了 |
[01:10] | That’s an excellent point. | 这个论点很不错 |
[01:12] | Hey, my buddy Roger, the real-estate agent, | 我的朋友罗杰 是个房地产经纪人 |
[01:15] | he pulled some house listings for us. | 他为我们列了张房屋清单 |
[01:17] | – We can check them out tomorrow. – Oh, that’s great. | -我们明天可以一起去看看 -好极了 |
[01:19] | Oh, you know what? I’m so sorry. | 你知道吗 很抱歉 |
[01:20] | I’m just really busy tomorrow. | 我明天会很忙 |
[01:22] | Why aren’t you more excited about house hunting? | 你怎么对找房子一点都不激动 |
[01:24] | Is it the money? Because — | 是钱的关系吗 因为… |
[01:25] | No. It’s Stacy. | 不 是史黛西 |
[01:27] | You know? I haven’t told her yet. | 我还没有告诉她 |
[01:30] | She is aware that when people get married, | 她该明白 通常两个人结婚之后 |
[01:31] | they generally live together. | 他们就会生活在一起 |
[01:32] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[01:34] | But, you know, we haven’t… talked about it. | 但 我们 还没有谈论过这事 |
[01:38] | I mean, we just bought a new goldfish — together. | 我们刚新买了一条金鱼 是一起哦 |
[01:41] | – Jane. – All right. I will talk to her today. | -简 -好吧 我今天就和她说 |
[01:44] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[01:47] | Jane wants her bridesmaids in French haute, | 简想让她的伴娘团尽显法式高贵气质 |
[01:49] | but I want salsa hot, like this one. | 但我想要莎莎热辣气质 就像她 |
[01:52] | Salsa gives me indigestion, and so does that. | 莎莎舞会让我消化不良 那套衣服也会 |
[01:55] | Well, it doesn’t matter because my date | 我觉得无所谓 因为我的伴郎是 |
[01:57] | is my Zumba instructor, | 我的尊巴舞教练 |
[01:58] | and after one Margarita, the dress will be on the floor. | 一杯玛格丽塔酒下肚 衣服就会掉地上 |
[02:01] | So, how about you, blondie? | 你呢 金发小妞 |
[02:03] | Who’s your “plus one”? | 谁是你的男伴 |
[02:04] | I’ve been working too hard to date, | 我一直辛勤工作 没空约会 |
[02:06] | but there is a contender. | 但确实有个人选 |
[02:07] | Don’t be obvious, but look to your right. | 往你的右边看 但别太明显了 |
[02:13] | Oh! She’s cute! | 她很可爱 |
[02:15] | Good for you. Expanding your horizons. | 好样的 能帮你拓宽视野 |
[02:18] | No, no, no. The other right. | 不不不 再右边点 |
[02:23] | Oh. Yeah. I guess he’ll do. | 对 他应该还不错 |
[02:25] | I don’t even know his name. | 我还不知道他的名字 |
[02:27] | He comes in here every day, smiles, | 他每天都来 面带微笑 |
[02:29] | and asks me all about the pakes, | 问我关于派糕的各种细节 |
[02:30] | like, are the fillings canned or fresh? | 比如 馅料是用罐装食品还是新鲜食材 |
[02:33] | How do I make my crusts? Which ones have nuts? | 我是怎么做酥皮的 哪些品种有坚果 |
[02:36] | And then he leaves. | 然后他就走了 |
[02:37] | Oh, good lord. Guys don’t care about crust. | 我的天 男人才不会关心酥皮 |
[02:39] | He wants to ask you out, but he just doesn’t have the nuts. | 他想约你出去 但还没有鼓足勇气 |
[02:42] | Can I even date a customer? | 我能和顾客约会吗 |
[02:43] | I mean, isn’t there some sort of bakers’ code? | 这行有没有糕点师准则之类的东西 |
[02:45] | O-kay. He’s coming over. Just be cool. | 好吧 他过来了 要表现冷静 |
[02:47] | Um, excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[02:50] | I- I noticed a- a new pake on the display, | 我看见展示台上出了一种新派糕 |
[02:52] | the one with the green frosting. | 带绿色糖霜的那个 |
[02:53] | Ohh. It’s my pistachio surprise. | 我为它取名”草绿色惊喜” |
[02:56] | Surprise — my friend Stacy wants to go out with you. | 说到惊喜 我的朋友史黛西想约你出去 |
[02:58] | Teri, no, mm. | 泰丽 不行 |
[03:01] | – How about lunch? – She’s free right now. | -一起吃个午饭如何 -她现在就有空 |
[03:03] | Well, okay! | 好极了 |
[03:04] | Teri, I can take it from here. | 泰丽 接下来让我接话吧 |
[03:06] | That sounds lovely. | 这提议不错 |
[03:08] | Let me just change out of my apron. | 先让我把围裙换下吧 |
[03:13] | Does a right to privacy | 在当今的名人文化中 |
[03:14] | truly exist in today’s celebrity culture? | 真的存在着隐私权一说吗 |
[03:18] | Let’s unleash the lawyers. | 让我们听听律师是怎么说的 |
[03:20] | To my right, the man who took on big tobacco, | 坐在右边的先生 是受雇于大烟草公司 |
[03:22] | big oil, big insurance, the Lawrence Brand. | 石油巨头 大保险公司的劳伦斯·布兰德 |
[03:26] | Always nice to be here, Nancy. | 很高兴来到这里 南希 |
[03:28] | And also with us, a guest that’s new to the program, | 我们今天节目中还请到了一位新嘉宾 |
[03:31] | Joan Bingum. | 琼·宾格温 |
[03:32] | Uh, it’s — it’s Jane. | 我 我叫简 |
[03:34] | Jane, Joan. Whatever. | 简也好 琼也好 随便啦 |
[03:36] | More than ever, celebrities are whining | 时至今日 名人越发抱怨起 |
[03:39] | their “privacy” is being “violated.” | 他们的”隐私”受到了”侵犯” |
[03:42] | Today’s big question — | 今天的主要议题就是 |
[03:43] | do celebs really have the right to gripe? | 名人们真的有权发出这样的抱怨吗 |
[03:46] | Well, I believe that everyone in society is entitled to — | 我认为社会里的每个人都有资格… |
[03:49] | Once in the public eye, you can’t ask the public | 一旦进入公众视线 你就不能要求公众 |
[03:51] | to go blind. | 对你视而不见 |
[03:52] | Right, but the right to — | 没错 但那权利… |
[03:55] | Celebrities can’t have their star-studded cake and eat it, too. | 名人们不能既拥有明星光环 又想保护隐私 |
[03:58] | Don’t have to raise your hand. | 你没必要举手 |
[03:59] | Well, clearly, I do. | 显然 有这必要 |
[04:02] | I think we can all agree that photographing Naomi Campbell | 我想我们都同意 拍摄娜奥米·坎贝尔 |
[04:05] | when she’s leaving rehab is a violation of — | 出戒毒所的照片就是一种侵犯行… |
[04:08] | Stop right there. | 就在那儿打住 |
[04:10] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[04:10] | Your premise, “We can agree,” it’s presumptuous. | “我们都同意”这个假设未免有些专横 |
[04:14] | Let me tell you something, Larry — | 让我告诉你 劳瑞 |
[04:16] | I believe these celebrities erase the lines | 我认为正是这些名人所发的微博 |
[04:18] | between public and private with every tweet, | 脸书热帖和流出的性爱录像 |
[04:20] | Facebook post, and sex tape they release. | 模糊了公众和私人之间的界线 |
[04:23] | Joan, response? | 琼 你的反击呢 |
[04:26] | Not much of a response. | 看来没什么反击 |
[04:28] | Oh! No. Yes, I do have a response! | 不 有 我确实有论据回击 |
[04:31] | In Bernard v. Iowa Board of Education, | 在伯纳德对爱荷华州教育委员会一案中 |
[04:34] | you successfully argued that the school | 你成功地提出论点 |
[04:36] | had no right to search students’ lockers | 证明校方无权搜查学生储物柜 |
[04:38] | because, and I quote, “A democratic society requires | 是因为 我引一下 “民主社会所需的 |
[04:41] | that privacy be a concrete right, not a flexible one.” | 隐私是具体实在的 而不是灵活可变的” |
[04:44] | Oh, my goodness! | 我的老天爷 |
[04:46] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[04:47] | What? Did I just hear Lawrence Brand | 什么 刚才是劳伦斯·布兰德 |
[04:50] | concede a point? | 承认对方观点了吗 |
[04:52] | But, frankly, I don’t recall that case. | 但坦白说 我并不记得这案子 |
[04:55] | I think that both of you are making it up. | 是不是你们俩编造的 |
[04:56] | It was squeezed between Mr. Brand’s asbestos class-action | 这件案子就夹在布兰德先生石棉集体起诉案 |
[04:59] | and his product liability against a baby-food company. | 和他对婴儿食品公司所提出的产品责任起诉之间 |
[05:02] | – Ms. Bingum… – Yeah. | -宾格温小姐 -是的 |
[05:03] | It seems you know more about me than my ex-wife. | 看来你比我前妻还了解我 |
[05:06] | Linda Brand — a lovely woman | 琳达·布兰德是个可爱的女人 |
[05:07] | you met as a young law student at Harvard. | 她还是哈佛法学院的学生时 你就与她相识 |
[05:09] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的老天爷 |
[05:13] | Oh, god! I’m sorry. Oh, god! | 天呐 对不起 天啊 |
[05:14] | I’m so sorry! | 非常抱歉 |
[05:15] | – I am so sorry! – Get away! | -真的对不起 -快让开 |
[05:17] | So, I was trying to bake a cake, | 我当时想烤的是蛋糕 |
[05:19] | but two pages of the cookbook | 但似乎食谱的两页 |
[05:21] | got stuck together with vanilla extract, | 被香草精粘到一起了 |
[05:23] | and then I ended up baking my cake in a pie crust. | 结果我就烤出了一个有酥皮的蛋糕 |
[05:27] | I mean, pie plus cake equals pake. | 我是说 派加蛋糕就成了派糕啦 |
[05:29] | Voila! | 就是这样 |
[05:30] | We are all just one happy accident away | 往往一个美好的意外 |
[05:32] | from being a genius. | 就能成就天才 |
[05:34] | Did you just call me a genius? | 你刚才称我为天才吗 |
[05:36] | What if I did? | 如果我真这么做了呢 |
[05:38] | You’d be the first. | 你是第一个 |
[05:38] | Well, the first to say it without an exaggerated eye roll. | 是第一个这么说 还不会夸张翻白眼的人 |
[05:45] | I have a proposal for you. | 我想对你提个建议[也有”求婚”之意] |
[05:48] | I’m flattered, but I think you’re moving | 我受宠若惊 但我想你是不是 |
[05:49] | a little fast there, Jonah. | 进展得有些快了 乔纳 |
[05:51] | The thing is, Stacy… | 史黛西 事情是… |
[05:53] | I own the patent on the pake. | 我拥有派糕的专利权 |
[05:57] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[05:59] | Yeah. Here — here’s the paperwork. | 是的 这里 这里是专利文书 |
[06:02] | You’ve been profiting off my intellectual property — | 你一直都从我的知识产权中获利 |
[06:05] | something that I’m willing to overlook | 而这些利润收入 我愿意 |
[06:06] | for half of your profits. | 只收取一半 |
[06:11] | I think this is the worst date ever. | 我想这是史上最糟糕的约会了 |
[06:17] | Teri, quit gawking. | 泰丽 别盯着人家看了 |
[06:19] | Ugh. It’s like watching a “Hoarders” marathon. | 这就像在看《囤积者》大联播 |
[06:21] | I’m repulsed, but I can’t look away. | 深感厌恶 可又无法转移视线 |
[06:24] | Ah. Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:25] | You know they’ve been on three dates already? | 你知道他们已经约了三次会吗 |
[06:27] | She’s like the terminator of office romances — | 她就像是办公恋情的终结者 |
[06:30] | first you, then Parker, now Luke. | 先是你 接着是帕克 现在成卢克了 |
[06:31] | Who’s next — Cory from the mailroom? | 谁是下一个 收发室的科里吗 |
[06:34] | Guess you missed the Christmas party. | 看来你没去圣诞节派对 |
[06:37] | Seriously, it’s — it’s not that big of a deal. | 说真的 其实也没什么大事 |
[06:40] | Which part wasn’t a big deal? | 那哪部分才是大事 |
[06:42] | When I spilled my drink on myself | 是我把饮料泼在自己身上 |
[06:43] | or when I elbowed Nancy Grace in the face? | 还是我对南茜·格蕾丝的脸来了一肘 |
[06:45] | No, no, no, I’m telling you, no one even noticed. | 不不不 我告诉你 没人会留意的 |
[06:47] | Bingum! You’re a star. | 宾格温 你出名了 |
[06:49] | – You saw the show? – Been watching all afternoon. | -你看节目了 -看了一下午 |
[06:51] | – You’ve gone viral. Check it out. – What? | -你的视频在网上疯传 快来看 -什么 |
[06:53] | Please pull up “Jane Bingum on ‘Nancy Grace.'” | 从头放”简·宾格温单挑南茜·格蕾丝” |
[06:59] | Oh, god! I’m sorry. Oh, god! | 天呐 对不起 天啊 |
[07:01] | Oh, my god! Wow! | 我的天 |
[07:02] | 50,000 hits in two hours. | 两小时就有五万的点击率 |
[07:03] | What?! I — | 什么 我… |
[07:05] | Oh, god, Parker, I- I’m so sorry. | 天啊 帕克 我非常抱歉 |
[07:07] | Sorry? Are you kidding me? | 抱歉 你在开玩笑吗 |
[07:09] | This is great publicity. | 这是非常棒的宣传 |
[07:10] | And it’s free. | 还是免费的 |
[07:13] | – “No one noticed”? – Yeah. | -是谁说”没人会留意的” -好吧 |
[07:15] | Look, I-I-I got to get to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[07:18] | I’ll see you later? | 一会儿见 好吗 |
[07:22] | So, what was it like to meet your idol in the flesh? | 亲眼见到偶像的感觉如何 |
[07:25] | – My idol? – Lawrence Brand. | -我的偶像 -劳伦斯·布兰德 |
[07:27] | Is not my idol. | 可不是我的偶像 |
[07:31] | What — what is that? | 这 这是什么东西 |
[07:33] | A Lawrence Brand coffee mug. | 一个劳伦斯·布兰德咖啡杯 |
[07:34] | You gave them out for Christmas a few years ago. | 几年前 你把它们当圣诞礼物派发 |
[07:36] | Before your amnesia, | 在你失忆之前 |
[07:37] | – you could not get enough of this guy. – Get rid of it. | -你一直对他春心荡漾 -扔了吧 |
[07:39] | I never want to see that arrogant, | 我再也不想见那个傲慢自满的 |
[07:40] | self-congratulatory blowhard again. | 吹牛大王了 |
[07:43] | Somebody call for an arrogant, self-congratulatory blowhard? | 谁叫我名字来着 |
[07:47] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[07:49] | I want to hire you. | 我想雇用你 |
[07:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:51] | Well, in case you haven’t noticed, I have a job. | 除非你没有留意到 我已经有工作了 |
[07:53] | I’ve got a pretrial hearing | 几小时后 我有一个 |
[07:54] | against a huge drug company in a few hours. | 对大型制药公司的审前听证会 |
[07:56] | Look, you’re used to getting your way, | 你之前都要风得风要雨得雨 |
[07:58] | but let me tell you something, Larry. | 但我告诉你 劳瑞 |
[07:59] | She’s in. | 她接受了 |
[08:01] | Mr. Brand has agreed to give us 25% of his contingency. | 布兰德先生愿意给我们25%分成 |
[08:04] | I’ve cleared your entire schedule. | 我已经把你的日程表清空了 |
[08:06] | Welcome aboard. | 欢迎入伙 |
[08:15] | I grew up an only child, | 我作为独生女长大 |
[08:17] | and my whole life I’ve ever wanted to be | 我一生中最想做的 |
[08:20] | was a mom. | 就是当妈妈 |
[08:22] | It took us a while, but… | 我们花了不少时间 但… |
[08:25] | we finally got pregnant. | 终于怀孕了 |
[08:31] | I-it’s okay. Take your time. | 没事 慢慢来 |
[08:34] | During my — my second trimester, | 六个月的时候 |
[08:37] | I just didn’t feel right. | 我状态不好 |
[08:40] | My O.B. said I had antepartum depression, | 我的医师说我有产前抑郁症 |
[08:43] | and she put me on Aprox. | 让我服用爱普洛克斯 |
[08:44] | A miracle drug. | 那是种很神奇的药 |
[08:46] | The miracle is that it made it to the market, | 神奇之处在于 它会导致流产 |
[08:48] | considering it can trigger miscarriages. | 但依然流入了市场 |
[08:49] | Sheila suffered a late-term miscarriage. | 希拉晚期流产 |
[08:53] | The trauma caused scarring of her fallopian tubes. | 致使她的输卵管损伤 |
[08:56] | And now I can’t ever get pregnant again. | 我再也不可能怀孕了 |
[08:58] | I’m so sorry. | 我很为你感到难过 |
[09:00] | And once we’re done with Vanden Pharmaceuticals, | 等我们和凡登制药打完官司 |
[09:03] | They will be sorry, too. | 他们也会难过的 |
[09:04] | Vanden is facing a dozen lawsuits, | 凡登制药面临着一打控诉 |
[09:06] | and in court today, we’ll be responding | 今天在庭上 我们要回应 |
[09:08] | to their attempt to change counsel. | 他们更换律师的策略 |
[09:10] | Now, that is just a ploy to extend discovery. | 那只是个用以扩大取证的策略 |
[09:12] | We are going to surprise them | 我们会给他们个意外 |
[09:15] | with an overwhelming and unassailable response. | 用无懈可击的压倒性回应打败他们 |
[09:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[09:19] | No, thank you so much for coming in. | 不 谢谢你们选择我们 |
[09:25] | Okay, I’ll bite. | 好吧 我忍不住要问了 |
[09:27] | What’s our overwhelming and unassailable response? | 我们无懈可击的压倒性回应是什么 |
[09:30] | You have two hours to figure it out. | 你还有两个小时用来思考这问题 |
[09:36] | I don’t understand. You didn’t fill out the patent form? | 我不明白 你没填好专利申请表吗 |
[09:38] | Oh, no, I filled it out. | 不 我填好了 |
[09:40] | Two weeks before I opened the pakery. | 我开派糕房前两周就填好了 |
[09:42] | Okay. That’s good news. | 这是个好消息 |
[09:43] | But on my way to the post office, | 但我在去邮局的路上 |
[09:45] | I realized my groupon for lash dipping was expiring, | 发现我染睫毛的团购券快到期了 |
[09:48] | And then I kind of forgot. | 就把表格的事给忘了 |
[09:49] | Stacy, this guy is a patent troll. | 史黛西 这家伙是个专利强盗 |
[09:52] | He looks for successful products that haven’t been patented, | 他会寻找未申请专利的成功产品 |
[09:54] | then files the paperwork | 进行专利申请 |
[09:55] | and tries to extort the true inventor. | 然后去敲诈真正的发明者 |
[09:57] | I checked his records. | 我查了他的记录 |
[09:58] | He’s done it before. | 他以前就干过这事 |
[09:59] | So what are we gonna do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[10:00] | Well, he’s a small-claims terrorist. | 他是个小型恐怖分子 |
[10:03] | And since we don’t negotiate with terrorists, | 我们绝不会和恐怖分子谈判 |
[10:05] | we’re taking him to court. | 所以我们要起诉他 |
[10:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:16] | Stacy! Hey! | 史黛西 |
[10:18] | I’m so glad you’re here. | 在这见到你真高兴 |
[10:20] | Actually, I-I have something | 我… 我有些事 |
[10:21] | I’ve been meaning to discuss with you. | 想要跟你商量 |
[10:23] | Jane, a troll is trying to steal my pakery! | 简 有个巨魔想偷走我的派糕房 |
[10:26] | Did you fall asleep during “Game of Thrones” Again? | 你又看着《权力的游戏》睡着了吗 |
[10:28] | I never filed my patent. | 我没做专利申请 |
[10:30] | – Oh, god, a patent troll! – Mm-hmm. | -天 你说的是个专利强盗 -没错 |
[10:32] | Those guys… | 那些家伙… |
[10:34] | are dirtier than…dirt. | 龌龊至极 |
[10:35] | Teri said you were in with some big-shot attorney, | 泰丽说你正在办一件大案子 |
[10:37] | So she sent me to Grayson for help. | 我就直接去找格雷森帮忙了 |
[10:39] | That evil troll wants half the pakery. | 那个邪恶的强盗想要派糕房一半股权 |
[10:42] | And I feel like such an idiot! | 我觉得自己蠢到家了 |
[10:44] | I have worked so hard for this! | 我为派糕房费尽了心血 |
[10:45] | Sweetie, don’t worry. | 甜心 别担心 |
[10:47] | You’re obviously in great hands with Grayson, | 你和格雷森看来处理得很好 |
[10:49] | And if you need me, I’m here. | 若你需要我 我随叫随到 |
[10:51] | Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[10:52] | Of course. | 不用谢 |
[10:53] | Okay, so, what is it that you wanted to tell me? | 好了 你想跟我说什么 |
[10:58] | Oh, um, nothing important. | 嗯… 不重要 |
[11:01] | Just, Owen and I were — it’s nothing. | 就是 欧文和我… 没什么 |
[11:03] | You know, we can talk later. | 我们以后再说 |
[11:06] | Yeah? Okay. Bye. | 真的吗 那好吧 再见 |
[11:11] | Your Honor, their request to substitute counsel | 法官大人 他们更换律师的申请 |
[11:14] | is a stall tactic. | 是拖延战术 |
[11:15] | Their drug caused a miscarriage | 他们的药导致了流产 |
[11:17] | and rendered my client infertile. | 还导致我们的委托人不孕 |
[11:18] | No more delays. | 这件事不能再拖了 |
[11:19] | My client understands the stakes, your Honor, | 我的委托人知道现在的情况 法官大人 |
[11:21] | But rushing a trial serves neither party’s interest. | 但双方都不希望仓促地进行审判 |
[11:23] | I don’t like delays, Mr. Hensley. | 我不想拖延 亨斯利先生 |
[11:25] | I understand, your Honor, | 我明白 法官大人 |
[11:27] | but California rule 3.1332 states | 但加州律法3.1332号规则规定 |
[11:29] | that “substitution is grounds for a continuance.” | 有人员更换的情况下需暂停审理 |
[11:31] | “Only when it is in the interest of justice,” which this isn’t. | 只有为实现正义时 本案可不是 |
[11:34] | According to whom? | 这是谁说的 |
[11:37] | William Penn, a founding father, | 开国元勋之一 威廉·潘说的 |
[11:39] | who declared, “Justice delayed is justice denied.” | 他说 迟来的公正不是公正 |
[11:41] | Swift justice is a tenet in criminal trials, Mr. Brand. | 及时的公正是刑事诉讼原则 布兰德先生 |
[11:45] | Do you have a precedent in civil context? | 你能举出民事诉讼的先例吗 |
[11:47] | Ah. U.S.A. Vs. Hayter Oil. | 有 美国政府诉海特石油公司案 |
[11:50] | The court denied the party’s motion | 法庭拒绝了辩方的动议 |
[11:51] | on grounds it served no judicial purpose other than to delay. | 理由是不符合正义要求 只得拖延 |
[11:57] | Nice work, counselor. | 干得漂亮 律师们 |
[11:59] | We’ll proceed to trial immediately. | 马上进行审判 |
[12:03] | That was amazing. We really had, like, rhythm going. | 太棒了 我们刚才配合得很合拍 |
[12:05] | Hand me my briefcase, please. | 把公文包递给我 谢谢 |
[12:06] | Okay. Sure. So — | 好的 那么… |
[12:13] | Well, you’re welcome. | 好吧 不客气 |
[12:18] | Are we all set for tomorrow — | 我们明天的事都准备好了吗 |
[12:20] | You and me, house hunting? | 你和我 去看房子 |
[12:22] | Does it have to be tomorrow? | 一定要明天去吗 |
[12:25] | you didn’t talk to Stacy? | 你还没和史黛西说 |
[12:26] | Yeah, she’s just not in the right headspace. | 对 她现在情况不太好 |
[12:29] | All right. All right. | 好吧好吧 |
[12:30] | Well, if I hadn’t seen Lawrence Brand in action today, | 若不是我今天看了劳伦斯·布兰德庭审 |
[12:32] | I might be annoyed. | 我可能会生气 |
[12:33] | He was pretty good, I guess. | 我猜他状态挺好的 |
[12:35] | You guess? | 你猜 |
[12:37] | Did you see what he did | 你看到他说 |
[12:38] | with “Justice delayed is justice denied”? | 迟到的公正不是公正那段了吗 |
[12:40] | He set up a trap for opposing counsel and, bam! | 他给对方律师下了个套 然后 赢了 |
[12:43] | Okay, he did have help. | 好吧 他确实帮到了委托人 |
[12:45] | You know, the William Penn quote, that was all me. | 但引用威廉·潘的话 完全是我的主意 |
[12:47] | And I handed him that card at exactly the right moment. | 也是我恰到好处地递给他那张字条 |
[12:51] | So, bam! | 所以才赢了 |
[12:52] | I am merely pointing out | 我只是在说 |
[12:54] | the eloquence with which he expressed himself. | 他表达自己观点的口才很好 |
[12:56] | He was expressing my words, thank you very much. | 他在传达我的话 谢谢 |
[12:58] | Of course, and Jimi Hendrix had an amazing guitar. | 当然 吉米·亨德里克斯也弹得一手好吉他 |
[12:58] | 吉米·亨德里克斯 美国吉他演奏家 歌手 被认为是美国音乐史上重要的电音吉他演奏者 | |
[13:03] | So I’m just a guitar? | 我就是把吉他 |
[13:06] | You know, if you love Lawrence Brand so much, | 若你这么爱劳伦斯·布兰德 |
[13:08] | maybe you should marry him. | 也许该跟他结婚 |
[13:10] | It would double my wardrobe. | 我的衣柜会变两个大的 |
[13:12] | Clearly, I’m not gonna win here, so I’m gonna go to bed. | 很明显跟你斗嘴我是赢不了 所以我要去睡了 |
[13:14] | And if you’d like to join me, | 你要想一起的话 |
[13:15] | no more talk about Lawrence Brand. | 就不许再提劳伦斯·布兰德 |
[13:17] | Lawrence who? | 什么劳伦斯 |
[13:19] | Bam. | 答对了 |
[13:26] | Larry, it’s Jane. Again. Where are you? | 劳瑞 还是我 简 你在哪 |
[13:29] | Ms. Bingum? | 宾格温女士 |
[13:31] | I’m so sorry, your Honor. | 抱歉 法官大人 |
[13:33] | My co-counsel will be here in one minute. | 我的协理律师马上就到 |
[13:35] | That’s what you said five minutes ago. | 你五分钟前就这么说的 |
[13:37] | Your Honor, Mr. Brand argued vehemently to rush this case. | 法官大人 布兰德先生强烈要求推进审理 |
[13:40] | Now he can’t bother to show up? | 现在他又不出现了 |
[13:42] | Justice delayed is justice denied, right? | 迟到的公正不是公正 不是吗 |
[13:45] | Ms. Bingum, call your first witness. | 宾格温女士 请传唤你的第一位证人吧 |
[13:49] | Mr. Brand is first chair. | 布兰德先生是首席律师 |
[13:51] | Are you a member of the bar? | 但你也是个律师吧 |
[13:54] | Yes. | 是 |
[13:55] | Then if you don’t want a mistrial, | 那你肯定不希望这次成为无效审判 |
[13:58] | call your witness. | 叫证人上庭吧 |
[13:59] | Uh, I call my client, Sheila Reese, to the stand. | 请我的委托人 希拉·里斯上庭作证 |
[14:08] | Mrs. Reese, you were six months’ pregnant | 里斯夫人 你开始患产前抑郁症时 |
[14:10] | when you began suffering from depression. | 怀孕六个月了 |
[14:12] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[14:13] | And you were prescribed Aprox? | 医生给你开了爱普洛克斯 |
[14:15] | Uh, y-yes, I took it for a few weeks, | 是的 我吃了几周 |
[14:18] | And — and I got better. | 抑郁症也好些了 |
[14:21] | And then one morning, | 之后 一天早晨 |
[14:23] | I woke up in incredible pain. | 我因剧痛惊醒 |
[14:30] | It’s okay. Take your time. | 没事 慢慢说 |
[14:33] | there was blood everywhere. | 床上到处都是血 |
[14:38] | I had lost my baby. | 我失去了我的孩子 |
[14:44] | Our baby. | 我们的孩子 |
[14:48] | Nothing further. | 没有其他问题了 |
[14:51] | Mrs. Reese, I’m very sorry for your loss. | 里斯夫人 我为你的不幸感到难过 |
[14:55] | In your deposition, | 在你的叙述中 |
[14:56] | you said that you don’t take prescription drugs. | 你说你没有吃处方药 |
[14:59] | Aprox was the first one I’ve taken in years. | 爱普洛克斯是我近几年吃的唯一一种药 |
[15:02] | Then, on may 8th of this year, | 那么 今年五月八号 |
[15:04] | you didn’t order Percocet from an online provider? | 你没有在网上订购扑热息痛吗 |
[15:09] | We can provide a receipt. | 我们可以拿出收据证明 |
[15:11] | My back was in spasm. | 我当时背部痉挛 |
[15:13] | Are you aware that percocet — a prescription drug — | 你知道扑热息痛是处方药 |
[15:16] | requires a doctor’s consultation prior to use | 怀孕期间 |
[15:19] | if you’re pregnant? | 需在医生指导下服用吗 |
[15:20] | We’d like to enter this package insert as defense exhibit 1. | 我们想要把这个列为辩方一号证据 |
[15:24] | I didn’t take that drug. | 我没有吃那个药 |
[15:25] | I read the warning and threw the pills away. | 我看到了警告 把药扔了 |
[15:27] | You miscarried two weeks after you ordered the Percocet. | 你在订购扑热息痛两周后流产 |
[15:30] | – Isn’t that true? – I didn’t take that drug. | -是这样吗 -我没有吃那药 |
[15:32] | Objection! | 反对 |
[15:33] | – Overruled. – Yes or no. | -反对无效 -请回答是或不是 |
[15:35] | – Yes, but I — – Thank you. | -是 但我… -谢谢 |
[15:38] | We’ll take a recess here. | 休庭 |
[15:43] | We need to talk. Come on. | 我们得谈谈 出来 |
[15:48] | How could you begin without me? | 我不在你怎么能开庭 |
[15:49] | You were late. | 你迟到了 |
[15:50] | I was stuck in traffic. | 我遇到堵车了 |
[15:52] | Triat advocacy 101 — | 辩护基本规则 |
[15:53] | if the driver’s not behind the wheel, don’t start the bus! | 司机不在 就不要开车 |
[15:55] | I stalled as long as I could! What was I supposed to do?! | 我尽可能拖延了 你想让我怎么办 |
[15:58] | You stall some more! | 继续拖久点 |
[15:59] | File a frivolous motion, | 提个无聊的动议 |
[16:01] | amend your witness list, feign illness — | 修改一下证人名单 假装病了 |
[16:03] | And that’s just off the top of my head. | 这些只是我能想到的一小部分 |
[16:04] | Do you know why I’ve never lost a case? | 你知道我为什么从不会输吗 |
[16:06] | Oh, I’m sure you’re gonna tell me. | 我确信你会告诉我的 |
[16:07] | Because I don’t get surprised on cross. | 因为我从来不让意外发生 |
[16:09] | Our client ordered Percocet, | 我们的客户买了扑热息痛 |
[16:11] | and a first-year law student | 法律系一年级学生都知道 |
[16:12] | knows you have to get that kind of information | 你要在对手把这种信息提给陪审团之前 |
[16:14] | in front of the jury before the other side! | 了解到这些信息 |
[16:16] | Had I known about the Percocet beforehand, I would have! | 我要早知道扑热息痛的事 我会那么做的 |
[16:19] | The info was in the file! | 信息就在档案里 |
[16:21] | I hired you because I thought | 我雇你是因为我以为 |
[16:22] | you’d be an adequate second fiddle, | 你足以胜任次席律师 |
[16:24] | not an ill-prepared amateur! | 而不是一个准备不足的业余选手 |
[16:26] | I’m — I’m sorry, okay? | 我… 我很抱歉 好吗 |
[16:28] | No, it’s not okay. | 不 一点都不好 |
[16:29] | I promised my client we’d win her case, | 我向客户保证过会赢得官司 |
[16:31] | and you put that in jeopardy. | 你却把这都搞砸了 |
[16:38] | Lawrence said I should have known about the Percocet. | 劳伦斯说我应该知道扑热息痛的事 |
[16:40] | I cannot find this information about anywhere. | 可我根本哪也找不到 |
[16:42] | I don’t see why you’re beating yourself up about it. | 我不明白你为什么这么苛责自己 |
[16:44] | Lawrence was the one who was late. | 劳伦斯才是迟到的那个 |
[16:45] | Are you sure this is everything? | 你确定全部文件都在这了吗 |
[16:46] | I’m sure. And we’ve been through everything twice. | 确定 我们已经翻过两遍了 |
[16:48] | Heard you had an interesting day in court. | 听说你今天在法庭上过得很有趣 |
[16:51] | What? I’m not in the mood, Kim. What do you want? | 什么 我可没心情闹 金 你想干嘛 |
[16:54] | Oh, I was just at the courthouse around 9:00 A.M. this morning | 我只是想告诉你今早九点左右 |
[16:56] | and witnessed an epic fight | 我在法院目睹了劳伦斯·布兰德 |
[16:58] | between Lawrence Brand and a bailiff | 与法警在一间空法庭里 |
[16:59] | in an empty courtroom. | 发生的激烈争斗 |
[17:01] | Doesn’t even make any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[17:02] | 9:00 A.M., Lawrence was stuck in traffic. | 九点劳伦斯正在路上堵着呢 |
[17:04] | No, it was definitely him. | 不 绝对是他 |
[17:05] | He claimed he was in the right court | 他坚持说自己没走错法庭 |
[17:07] | and demanded to know why everyone else was missing. | 还问其他人怎么都不在 |
[17:16] | Your honor, we have the signed and dated patent application | 法官大人 我方拥有派糕专利申请书的 |
[17:20] | for the pake. | 署名及日期 |
[17:21] | There’s nothing to litigate here. | 这毫无争议 |
[17:22] | My client owns the pake. End of story. | 我的委托人拥有派糕所属权 就是这样 |
[17:26] | Nice try, but per the patent reform act of 2011, | 说得不错 不过根据2011年的专利改革法案 |
[17:29] | First to Invent trumps First to File. | 先发明原则优于先申请原则 |
[17:31] | I’m confused. Um, what exactly is a pake? | 我很好奇派糕究竟是什么 |
[17:35] | I am so glad you asked. | 很高兴您问这个问题 |
[17:37] | It is a delicious dessert — half pie, half cake. | 它是一种甜品 一半派 一半蛋糕 |
[17:41] | I brought one for you. | 我为您带来一个成品 |
[17:42] | And it’s not a bribe, unless you want it to be. | 这并不是贿赂您 除非您非这么认为 |
[17:44] | Thank you, honey. I’m sure it’s delicious. | 谢谢你 我相信一定很美味 |
[17:46] | But I really shouldn’t. | 但我真不能再吃了 |
[17:48] | And I have Miss Barrett’s lease agreement dated June 24th | 巴奈特小姐所开派糕店的租赁合同 |
[17:51] | for her business, called “The pakery,” | 日期为六月二十四日 |
[17:54] | which predates Mr. Pierce’s patent application by six weeks. | 要比皮尔斯先生的专利申请日期早六周 |
[17:57] | Mm-hmm. Mr. Pierce. | 皮尔斯先生 |
[18:00] | I keep a journal. | 我有日记为证 |
[18:01] | I’d like to read you my entry from Wednesday, June 17th. | 我要为您念六月十七日 周三写的日记 |
[18:05] | Of course. Go ahead. | 当然可以 念吧 |
[18:06] | “Feeling a bit down this morning. | “今早感觉情绪有点低落 |
[18:08] | “I decided to bake a cake, | 我决定烤一个蛋糕 |
[18:10] | “but the pages of the cookbook stuck together, | 但食谱的书页都粘到一起了 |
[18:12] | “and I baked my cake in a pie crust. | 烤出的蛋糕有层派皮 |
[18:14] | It’s genius. I think I just invented –“ | 我真是天才 我想我刚发明了…” |
[18:16] | Liar! That’s my story! | 说谎 那是我的故事 |
[18:19] | I told him all about it when I thought we were on a date. | 我们在约会的时候我跟他讲得 |
[18:21] | You are a story-stealing, | 你这个盗用别人故事 |
[18:23] | Pake-faking, fake-flirting terrorist! | 偷取派糕 欺骗别人感情的无耻混蛋 |
[18:25] | Enough, enough. Uh, do either one of you have a witness? | 够了够了 你们双方有证人吗 |
[18:29] | Um, sadly, no. | 很遗憾 没有 |
[18:31] | I-I create a la carte. | 我是按食谱做的 |
[18:34] | Nikki Lepree saw me invent the pake. | 尼基·利普瑞见证了我发明的过程 |
[18:37] | She even took pictures on her bedazzled cellphone. | 她甚至还用她的炫目手机照了相 |
[18:39] | We do have a witness, your honor. | 法官大人 我们有证人 |
[18:40] | We’ll need some time to track her down. | 不过找到她需要点时间 |
[18:41] | Okay. We’ll reconvene tomorrow. 10:00 A.M. instead of 9:00. | 好吧 那明天上午再开庭 由九点推迟到十点 |
[18:45] | I think I may need that extra hour in the gym. | 我想那时间我正好可以到健身房运动一下 |
[18:47] | Bailiff, get me that pake. We’re adjourned. | 法警 给我那个派糕 休庭 |
[18:51] | Nikki Lepree is a con artist | 尼基·利普瑞是个骗子 |
[18:53] | who disappeared into thin air after stealing my money. | 她骗了我的钱后就消失得无影无踪了 |
[18:55] | How are we gonna find her? | 我们怎么找她 |
[18:57] | I don’t know. But we’ve got 24 hours. | 不知道 但我们刚刚赢得了24小时 |
[19:01] | Guess who’s been manscaping. | 猜猜谁一直在进行男士脱毛 |
[19:03] | In what universe would I want to know that? | 我凭什么想知道这个 |
[19:05] | I plan on picking up my option on Kim tonight. | 我计划今晚和金更进一步 |
[19:07] | You’ve been on multiple dates, | 你们约会过不少次了 |
[19:09] | and you still haven’t exercised that option? | 你还没有更进一步吗 |
[19:11] | Teri, in my vast experience, a woman is like an aircraft. | 泰丽 我丰富的经验告诉我 女人就像飞机 |
[19:14] | Some need a long runway, | 一些需要漫长跑道起飞 |
[19:15] | others take off like a learjet. | 另一些则像喷气机”嗖”就起飞了 |
[19:17] | Kim is somewhere between | 金是处于云杉鹅号[世界上最大的飞机] |
[19:18] | The Spruce Goose and a rocket ship. | 与火箭船之间的那种 |
[19:20] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[19:22] | Hey, there. | 好啊 |
[19:23] | Yeah, I’m sorry to have to do this last minute, | 很抱歉现在才通知你 |
[19:25] | but I have to cancel tonight. | 今晚的约会我不能去了 |
[19:26] | Okay. No problem. How about this weekend? | 好的 没问题 那周末怎么样 |
[19:29] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[19:31] | So much for liftoff. | 航班取消喽 |
[19:36] | I got your message. | 我收到你的短信了 |
[19:38] | What’s the good news? | 有什么好消息 |
[19:39] | I called a buddy from The Justice Department. | 我找了司法部的一个人 |
[19:41] | He’s been scouring databases | 他一直在数据库查找 |
[19:42] | looking for all of Nikki’s aliases, | 尼基其他化名的下落 |
[19:44] | but nothing. | 不过一无所获 |
[19:45] | Still waiting for the good news. | 好消息呢 |
[19:46] | Well, I had him run one more search — | 我让他做了些其他调查 |
[19:48] | A list of everyone who’s been looking for information about Nikki Lepree. | 所有找过尼基·利普瑞的人名汇总 |
[19:52] | Since she ripped me off, | 既然她骗过我 |
[19:53] | She must have ripped off other people, | 一定也骗过其他人 |
[19:55] | And maybe one of them found her. | 说不定谁就找到她了呢 |
[19:57] | You’re like Dog the Bounty Hunter! | 你真像个赏金猎人[美剧] |
[19:58] | Stacy, I found someone matching Nikki’s description | 史黛西 我发现有人与尼基的描述一致 |
[20:01] | using your name. | 不过是你的名字 |
[20:02] | Oh…My god. | 我的天呐 |
[20:05] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[20:06] | That’s the best part. | 这才是高潮部分 |
[20:07] | You’re in jail. I can’t believe you’re in jail! | 你竟然在监狱 真太让我意外了 |
[20:09] | And it’s your fault! | 还不都是你的错 |
[20:10] | I get pulled over for speeding, ent up in here | 我因超速被查照 就被关这了 |
[20:13] | because the real Stacy Barrett has 30 unpaid parking tickets. | 因为史黛西·巴雷特有30张未缴的停车罚单 |
[20:16] | – What’s wrong with you? – What is wrong with me? | -你怎么回事 -我怎么回事 |
[20:18] | I couldn’t afford to pay those tickets | 要不是你骗光我的钱 |
[20:20] | because you stole all my money! | 我也不至于缴不起罚单 |
[20:21] | – Who gives $5,000 to a complete stranger? – Ladies. | -白痴才会给陌生人五千美元 -姑娘们 |
[20:24] | Ladies! | 美女们 |
[20:26] | Look, Nikki, Stacy needs your help. | 尼基 史黛西需要你帮忙 |
[20:28] | Her pakery is being sued and — | 她的派糕店被起诉 |
[20:29] | Wait. You actually went through | 等等 你真的把那个 |
[20:31] | with the half-pie, half-cake idea? | 一半派一半蛋糕的主意落实了 |
[20:34] | That was a joke. | 那是个笑话 |
[20:35] | Well, the joke is on you, | 你才是个笑话 |
[20:37] | because I’m a big success and you’re wearing orange polyester! | 因为我现在是成功人士而你却穿着囚衣 |
[20:40] | Well, I’m only in jail because of your unpaid parking tickets. | 我在监狱里都是因为你未缴停车罚单 |
[20:43] | Nikki, here’s the offer. We post your bail. | 尼基 商量下吧 我们保释你 |
[20:46] | You swear in court that Stacy invented the pake. | 你在法庭上证明史黛西发明了派糕 |
[20:48] | Wait. You think I’m gonna testify as Nikki Lepree? | 等等 你以为我还能作为尼基·利普瑞作证吗 |
[20:52] | I’d be arrested before the judge even put his robe on. | 还没上庭估计我就被逮捕了 |
[20:55] | Well, then, how about we don’t bail you out | 那么 我们非但不保释你 |
[20:57] | and we tell everyone that you ripped off that you’re here? | 还四处宣扬你是个骗子又如何 |
[21:00] | Do you want to come closer and say that again? | 你敢不敢离近点再说一遍 |
[21:02] | No, thank you. | 算了 |
[21:03] | Nikki, do you have photos | 尼基 你还留着史黛西 |
[21:04] | of Stacy making her first pake? | 首次做成派糕的照片吗 |
[21:06] | Sure. They’re in my phone in the evidence locker. | 当然 都在物证室的手机里 |
[21:08] | Fine. Final offer — we bail you out, | 好的 最终提议 我们保释你 |
[21:11] | You give us the phone, you disappear. | 你给我们手机 然后整个人消失 |
[21:13] | And you say you’re sorry | 还有你要对我道歉 |
[21:15] | and tell me how you get your skin to glow, even in jail. | 告诉我你怎么在监狱里还这么红光满面 |
[21:20] | I’m waiting. | 我可等着你的答案呢 |
[21:23] | Ms. Keating, you’re head of research for Vanden Pharmaceuticals. | 基廷女士 你是凡登制药的研究主管是吗 |
[21:27] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[21:28] | Now, your company asserts there’s no correlation | 现在 你的公司坚称爱普洛克斯 |
[21:31] | between aprox and miscarriages, | 与流产之间毫无关联 |
[21:33] | Yet on the packaging it says | 可包装上又写道 |
[21:35] | “May not be suitable for use during pregnancy.” | “对孕妇可能不适用” |
[21:37] | Why is that? | 这又是为什么 |
[21:38] | We never tested the drug on pregnant women. | 我们从未在孕妇身上做过测试 |
[21:41] | It’s industry standard to include the warning. | 提出警告是产业标准的规定 |
[21:43] | And yet 10% of aprox’s profits | 爱普洛克斯百分之十的利益 |
[21:46] | come from pregnant women. | 来源于孕妇 |
[21:49] | Tell the truth, Miss Keating. | 说实话 基廷女士 |
[21:50] | Vanden aggressively pushes this drug on pregnant women | 凡登大力向孕妇推荐此药 |
[21:53] | knowing full well the extreme addiction | 并对可能存在的尼古丁瘾害 |
[21:55] | associated with nicotine, correct? | 一清二楚 是不是 |
[21:58] | You also regularly sell cigarettes by the truckload | 你们也定期用货车载运 |
[22:01] | to high-school students. | 向高校学生贩卖香烟 |
[22:02] | Can you explain that? | 你能否解释一下 |
[22:04] | Your honor… Objection? | 法官大人… 反对 |
[22:05] | What do cigarettes have to do with this case? | 香烟和本案有何干 |
[22:08] | Mr. Brand? | 布兰德先生 |
[22:13] | My co-counsel is pointing out | 我的协理律师意在指出 |
[22:15] | that — that Vanden, like Big Tobacco, | 凡登正如大烟草公司一般 |
[22:18] | doesn’t care how many lives it damages | 在追求企业获利时 |
[22:21] | in its pursuit of profit. | 视生命于不顾 |
[22:26] | And we have nothing further at this time, your honor. | 法官大人 我方没有问题了 |
[22:31] | Okay. We’ll pick it up here tomorrow. | 好的 明日继续 |
[22:34] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[22:38] | What was that all about? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[22:41] | Mr. Brand knows exactly what he’s doing. | 布兰德先生对一切胸有成竹 |
[22:44] | Okay. Uh… | 那好 |
[22:46] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[22:51] | Larry. Larry. | 劳瑞 劳瑞 |
[22:53] | Jane, no offense, you seemed a little confused in there. | 简 无意冒犯 不过你看起来有些迷惘 |
[22:56] | Yeah, see, I am confused, | 没错 我很迷惘 |
[22:57] | because you were talking about cigarettes and nicotine. | 因为你刚才对香烟和尼古丁大谈特谈 |
[22:59] | No, I wasn’t. Maybe you have some kind of inner-ear problem. | 不 我没有 也许你听力有些问题了 |
[23:02] | – Just do your job, okay? – I’m doing my job. | -做好你分内的事就行 -我是在分内事呢 |
[23:04] | In fact, I just saved your ass in there. | 事实上 我还给你闯的祸擦屁股呢 |
[23:06] | Look, there’s no time for this kind of drama. | 现在没时间说这个了 |
[23:08] | I have to go pick up my expert witness from the airport. | 我还得去机场接专家证人呢 |
[23:10] | Whoa. What expert witness? | 什么专家证人 |
[23:12] | Oh, god. It’s in the file! | 天呐 文件里都写着呢 |
[23:14] | No! No, it’s not in the file! Stop saying that! | 没有 文件里根本没有 别再这么说了 |
[23:17] | Jane. | 简 |
[23:18] | Owen, did you just hear him? | 欧文 你听到没 |
[23:20] | Yes, I did. | 听到了 |
[23:22] | Something is very wrong with Lawrence Brand. | 劳伦斯·布兰德很有问题 |
[23:28] | Linda, Thank you so much for meeting. | 琳达 多谢你能来 |
[23:30] | You said it was about Lawrence. | 你说了事关劳伦斯 |
[23:32] | But before we start, I want to make it clear. | 不过开始之前我得声明 |
[23:34] | Um, look, we’re not married anymore, | 虽说我们已经不是夫妻了 |
[23:37] | but if you’re looking for dirt, then I’ll just leave right now. | 但如果你要从他身上找茬 我现在就走 |
[23:39] | No, like I said, I’m just working on a case with him, | 不是的 我说过了 我正跟他一起办案 |
[23:42] | And — and, honestly, I’m worried. | 说实话 我很担心 |
[23:47] | How so? Why? He’s a brilliant lawyer. | 怎么会 为什么 他是名出色的律师 |
[23:49] | oh, absolutely. | 当然 |
[23:51] | I-I don’t want to overstep. It’s just… | 我并不想多管闲事 只是… |
[23:55] | There have been some…mental lapses | 他最近有些… 恍神的感觉 |
[23:57] | and erratic behavior. | 飘忽不定 |
[23:59] | oh, god. | 天呐 |
[24:02] | He says things he doesn’t remember saying. | 他说了话就忘 |
[24:04] | He — he disappears without explanation | 毫无理由就消失 |
[24:05] | and then denies all of it. | 完后还死不承认 |
[24:07] | Yeah. Well, Ms. Bingum, I know what’s going on. | 宾格温小姐 我明白了 |
[24:15] | It’s Pick’s disease. | 是皮克病 |
[24:17] | It’s a form of frontal-lobe degeneration. | 大脑额叶退化的一种 |
[24:18] | And you’re sure he has it? | 你确定吗 |
[24:19] | Symptoms include memory lapses, mood swings, | 症状包括 记忆缺失 情绪波动 |
[24:22] | and impulsive behavior. | 还有行为冲动 |
[24:24] | That could be Teri on a saturday night. | 泰丽一到周六晚上也这样 |
[24:25] | According to his ex-wife, | 据他前妻讲 |
[24:27] | both Brand’s father and grandfather suffered from it. | 布兰德的父亲和爷爷都患有此病 |
[24:30] | So, he’s either facing his biggest fear or… | 所以 他现在要么就是在面临极大的恐惧 |
[24:33] | – In total denial. – Yeah. | -要么就是拒不承认 -是的 |
[24:36] | But either way, how do we handle this? | 不管是哪种情况 我们要怎么办 |
[24:38] | Well, concern for Lawrence aside, | 撇开劳伦斯不说 |
[24:39] | you have a responsibility to your client | 你要对你的客户负责 |
[24:41] | and an ethical obligation to the bar to make him step down. | 道义上也应该跟律师协会反映这一情况让他退出 |
[24:44] | But what if he refuses? I mean, it’s Lawrence Brand. | 万一他拒绝呢 他可是劳伦斯·布兰德啊 |
[24:48] | Then you go to the judge. You force him out. | 那就直接找法官 强制他退出 |
[24:56] | And photo number 3 | 第三张照片 |
[24:59] | is the third attempt at the maple pecan pake. | 是对枫糖核桃蛋糕派的第三次尝试 |
[25:02] | It was so yummy, | 超美味 |
[25:03] | we knew we had finally nailed it. | 当时我们就知道终于找到那种味道了 |
[25:06] | Your honor, we were promised testimony from a witness, | 法官大人 不是说好会传唤证人来作证吗 |
[25:08] | not a bunch of unsourced photos. | 怎么变成一堆不知道出处的照片了 |
[25:10] | As an officer of the court, | 作为庭上的一名代理人 |
[25:11] | I attest that these photos came directly | 我发誓这些照片均由证人 |
[25:13] | from a Ms. Nikki Lepree, the witness. | 尼基·利普瑞小姐提供 |
[25:16] | No offense, but that Nikki looks computer-generated. | 无意冒犯 不过这个尼基看着像电脑合成的 |
[25:20] | No one’s skin is that glowy in real life. | 现实生活中 哪有人的皮肤这么亮泽的 |
[25:23] | Her skin really is that glowy. | 她的皮肤真的就是这么亮 |
[25:24] | I swear, it’s like a baby seal, even in jail. | 我发誓 像小海豹似的 即使是在监狱里 |
[25:27] | – Oh, god. – Wait. Wait. In jail? | -天呐 -等等 在监狱里 |
[25:29] | I’m sorry, but their mystery witness is a criminal? | 抱歉打断一下 他们的神秘证人是个罪犯 |
[25:33] | We move to have the photos stricken from the record. | 我们要求把这些照片从记录中删除 |
[25:35] | I’ll take that under consideration | 我会加以考虑 |
[25:37] | and issue my ruling tomorrow. | 并于明日宣布我的判决 |
[25:38] | But, Mr. , you should know better. | 但是 肯特先生 你不该犯这种错误 |
[25:41] | We’re done. | 休庭 |
[25:48] | I’m sorry. I screwed up. | 对不起 被我搞砸了 |
[25:50] | Stacy, why did it take you three attempts | 史黛西 为什么你尝试了三次 |
[25:51] | to make that pake? | 才成功做出那个蛋糕派 |
[25:53] | Because the pie crust cooks at a different rate than the cake. | 因为烘烤派皮的档位和烘烤蛋糕不一样 |
[25:56] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[25:57] | Just curious. | 好奇而已 |
[26:01] | Jane. | 简 |
[26:02] | Hey, Luke. | 卢克 |
[26:04] | I need some advice. | 给我点建议 |
[26:05] | You know how I’m dating Kim, right? | 你知道我在跟金约会吧 |
[26:07] | Yes. And ew. | 知道 恶心 |
[26:08] | I’m sorry. That came out wrong. | 不好意思 语气不对 |
[26:10] | What I meant to say was “Ew!” | 应该是”真恶心” |
[26:12] | Anyway, she seems to have lost interest, | 随你 她好像对我没什么兴趣了 |
[26:14] | and I was hoping that you — | 我想让你… |
[26:16] | Luke, in about five minutes, | 卢克 再过五分钟 |
[26:18] | I’ve got to tell one of the world’s greatest trial lawyers | 我就要告诉这世上最出色的一位辩护律师 |
[26:20] | that he’s got to step down. | 他必须让出辩护律师的位子 |
[26:22] | Okay. So, we all have our problems. | 好吧 所以家家有本难念的经 |
[26:23] | Back to Kim and me. | 再来说我和金的事 |
[26:26] | Okay, yeah. Sure. | 好吧 听好 |
[26:27] | There is one sure way to get Kim in bed. | 把金拐上床有一个万无一失的好办法 |
[26:31] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[26:33] | Jane, Lawrence is ready for you. | 简 劳伦斯在等你了 |
[26:34] | Great. I got to go. Good luck. | 很好 我得走了 祝你好运 |
[26:42] | You spoke to my ex-wife? | 你找过我前妻 |
[26:44] | Well, like you said, | 就像你说的 |
[26:45] | even a first-year law student knows | 即使是一年级的法律新生都知道 |
[26:47] | you need to get in front of the information | 你得提前掌握那些 |
[26:49] | that might sink your case. | 可能让你败诉的资料 |
[26:50] | First-years also know if they get their facts wrong, | 他们也知道 如果掌握的资料是错误的 |
[26:52] | they don’t make it to year two. | 那他们就得留级了 |
[26:54] | It’s Pick’s disease, right? | 是皮克病 对吗 |
[26:57] | Early onset. | 早期 |
[26:59] | If you think I’m unfit to practice, | 如果你觉得我不适合辩护 |
[27:01] | report me to the bar! | 去跟律师协会反映啊 |
[27:03] | If you walk out that door, that’s my next stop. | 如果你走出这扇门 我就会这么做 |
[27:07] | Larry… | 劳瑞 |
[27:09] | you got lost on the way to court. | 你在来法庭的路上迷路了 |
[27:11] | You failed to include a major piece of evidence | 你忘记在客户文件里提供 |
[27:13] | in the client’s file, | 一项很重要的证据 |
[27:14] | and you argued a 15-year-old tobacco case mid-trial. | 你在开庭期间居然提到了15年前的烟草案 |
[27:20] | Just let me drive the bus from here on out. | 从现在开始让我来为这个案子辩护吧 |
[27:23] | What message would that send to the other side? | 那对方律师会怎么认为呢 |
[27:26] | That Lawrence Brand has such confidence in this case, | 他们会认为劳伦斯·布兰德对这案子胜券在握 |
[27:29] | he’s letting his associate bring it home. | 都交给他的协理律师全权负责了 |
[27:35] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[27:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:39] | You can question the expert witness. | 你可以询问专家证人 |
[27:42] | Again, Larry, what expert witness? | 又来了 劳瑞 什么专家证人呐 |
[27:46] | Dr. David Kane — he’s collected data | 大卫·凯恩医生 他手上有爱普洛克斯对孕妇 |
[27:48] | on the ill effects of aprox on pregnant women. | 产生不良作用的相关数据 |
[27:51] | That’s — That’s great news. | 那…那真是太好了 |
[27:53] | And he’ll testify that Vanden Pharmaceuticals | 他也会作证凡登制药 |
[27:55] | tested aprox on pregnant women in India | 曾经在印度用爱普洛克斯对孕妇做过测试 |
[27:58] | with catastrophic results. | 并出现了极其严重的后果 |
[28:00] | Supposedly two teens in Gujarat | 据说 有两个古吉拉特邦的青少年 |
[28:02] | bled out and died post-miscarriage. | 血流不止 在流产后死亡 |
[28:03] | Wait, wait, wait. Stop. We can’t do “supposedly.” | 等等 停一下 谁会信”据说”啊 |
[28:08] | Unless I have proof that these stories are true, | 除非我有证据证明这些故事都是真的 |
[28:10] | I cannot ask Dr. Kane about them. | 不然我不能问凯恩医生这些事 |
[28:13] | The judge will declare a mistrial. | 法官会认定审判无效 |
[28:15] | You’re driving the bus. | 现在你是辩护律师 |
[28:21] | Oh. Hi. | 你好 |
[28:22] | Um, I’m looking for Jane or Owen? | 我找简或欧文 |
[28:25] | Uh, sorry. They’re both at work. | 不好意思 他们都在上班 |
[28:27] | I’m Owen’s friend, Roger O’Neil. | 我是欧文的朋友 罗杰·奥尼尔 |
[28:28] | Oh, right. You’re one of the groomsmen. | 对了 你是伴郎之一 |
[28:31] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:34] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[28:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:39] | So, I’m Stacy, Jane’s maid of honor. | 我是史黛西 简的伴娘 |
[28:42] | It’s nice to meet you, Stacy. | 很高兴认识你 史黛西 |
[28:44] | Can you do me a favor? | 能帮我个忙吗 |
[28:45] | Um, I’m a real estate agent, | 我是一个房地产经纪人 |
[28:47] | and I brought over a few listings for them to look at. | 我带了一些房屋目录过来给他们看看 |
[28:52] | They’re looking for a house. | 他们在看房 |
[28:54] | Yeah. It’s exciting, isn’t it? | 是啊 是不是很让人激动 |
[28:55] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[28:57] | So exciting. | 非常让人激动 |
[28:59] | I mean, it makes total sense. | 我是说 完全可以理解 |
[29:00] | ‘Cause she’s moving. | 因为她要搬走 |
[29:02] | On with her life. | 过她的生活 |
[29:04] | Out of this house and in with Owen. | 搬出去和欧文一起 |
[29:12] | You and Jane never had the talk, did you? | 你和简还没说过这件事 是吗 |
[29:21] | I’ve seen this before. | 我见过这样的情况 |
[29:23] | She doesn’t want to make you sad, | 她不想让你伤心 |
[29:25] | and you don’t want to step on her joy. | 你也不想破坏她的喜气 |
[29:27] | So, nobody says anything till the moving van shows up. | 所以谁都不说 直到家俱搬运车出现 |
[29:31] | And we just bought that new goldfish together. | 我们前两天才一起买了新的金鱼 |
[29:37] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[29:40] | I hope you find them a really nice house. | 我希望你能给他们找一间非常漂亮的房子 |
[29:43] | I will. | 我会的 |
[29:45] | In fact, a few of those listings, | 其实 这里面有些房子 |
[29:48] | they’re on this block. | 就在这个街区 |
[29:51] | How about I show them those first? | 不如我先带他们看看这些 |
[29:54] | That would be really great. | 那太好了 |
[29:58] | Please state your name and occupation. | 请说出你的名字和职业 |
[30:01] | Dr. David Kane, | 大卫·凯恩医生 |
[30:02] | Research Director of the Pharma Oversight Foundation, | 药物监管基金会的研究主管 |
[30:04] | dedicated to drug safety. | 致力于药品安全研究 |
[30:06] | And have you researched aprox, the drug in question? | 你研究过本庭存在争议的药物爱普洛克斯吗 |
[30:09] | Yes. We determined that a woman’s chance of miscarriage | 研究过 我们确定服用此药 |
[30:12] | increases by 14%. | 女性的流产几率会提高14% |
[30:14] | Based on that data, | 基于此数据 |
[30:15] | Pharma Oversight lists aprox as unsafe for pregnant women. | 药物监管基金会将爱普洛克斯列为孕妇不适用药 |
[30:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:21] | Dr. Kane… | 凯恩医生 |
[30:24] | Is it also true that in February of 2006, | 在2006年2月 你的妻子对凡登 |
[30:27] | your wife had an adverse reaction to a Vanden antibiotic? | 生产的某种抗生素产生了不良反应 是不是 |
[30:31] | Objection! Relevance. | 反对 关联性不足 |
[30:32] | Goes to bias against my client. | 事关证人是否对我委托人持偏见 |
[30:34] | I’ll allow it. | 允许 |
[30:36] | What happened to my wife doesn’t change the data. | 我妻子的遭遇对数据没有影响 |
[30:39] | If you say so. | 你说是 那就是吧 |
[30:44] | Redirect? | 要再次询问吗 |
[30:45] | No. We are fine. | 不用 我们没有问题了 |
[30:47] | – Actually, we do have one question. – No. No. | -实际上 我们还有一个问题 -没有 |
[30:49] | Dr. Kane, what can you tell us about an aprox study | 凯恩医生 你能谈谈那次爱普洛克斯的研究吗 |
[30:51] | that was supposedly conducted in India | 据说是在印度进行的 |
[30:53] | and then buried because of catastrophic results? | 最终因为结果太为惨烈而被掩盖掉了 |
[30:56] | Objection, your honor! That is outrageous! | 反对 法官大人 这太离谱了 |
[30:58] | Counselors, sidebar. Now! | 律师们 私谈 马上 |
[31:05] | Counsel knows there is no buried study. | 我知道那个被掩盖的研究纯属子虚乌有 |
[31:08] | By implying to the jury that we are hiding data, | 他是在向陪审团暗示我们隐瞒相关证据 |
[31:10] | he has unfairly prejudiced that jury. | 这会让陪审团产生偏见 |
[31:12] | It’s not a lie if we have proof. | 如果我们有证据 这就不是谎言 |
[31:14] | Fantastic. | 那太好了 |
[31:15] | Where is this proof? | 证据在哪 |
[31:17] | In a sealed envelope in a safe-deposit box. | 在一个放在某保险箱里的密封信封里 |
[31:20] | I’ll need a brief continuance to go get it. | 我需要一个简短的休庭去取这个信封 |
[31:22] | You have until morning to deliver this study, Mr. Brand. | 布兰德先生 你可以最迟明早呈上这份研究 |
[31:26] | If you don’t, i’m going to dismiss this case with prejudice. | 如果你拿不出 我就以偏见为由不受理此案 |
[31:32] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[31:39] | You were supposed to sit there and be quiet. | 你应该坐在那里保持沉默 |
[31:42] | Did you see the looks on their faces | 你看到我说我们手里握有证据的时候 |
[31:43] | when I told them what we had? | 他们脸上的表情了吗 |
[31:44] | We don’t have anything! | 我们什么都没有 |
[31:45] | They’re scared, Jane. | 他们害怕了 简 |
[31:46] | Because I have the study. | 因为我有那份研究报告 |
[31:56] | There’s nothing here. | 这纸上什么都没有 |
[31:58] | Big tobacco is going down. | 大烟草公司输定了 |
[32:00] | We’re fighting a pharmaceutical company. | 我们现在面对的是一个制药公司 |
[32:02] | – You seem upset. – I am upset! | -你好像很担心 -我确实很担心 |
[32:04] | You just lost the case. | 这案子刚刚被你毁了 |
[32:15] | This is entirely my fault. | 这事都怪我 |
[32:17] | I mean, I allowed a sick man | 我竟然允许一个病人 |
[32:18] | to take the floor in open court. | 在公开法庭发言 |
[32:20] | No, you can’t blame yourself. | 不 你别自责 |
[32:21] | I’m gonna beg this judge for a mistrial. | 我要去求法官宣布这次判决无效 |
[32:23] | I mean, the firm will get a black eye, | 虽然会影响到公司声誉 |
[32:25] | but at least Sheila might get a chance at a retrial. | 但至少希拉在复审还能有一线生机 |
[32:27] | Unless… | 除非 |
[32:30] | Unless? | 除非 |
[32:31] | Unless Lawrence isn’t crazy. | 除非劳伦斯没有精神错乱 |
[32:33] | No, I know, Pick’s disease, | 不是 我知道他有皮克病 |
[32:35] | but what if his strategy is sound? | 但如果他的策略是合理的呢 |
[32:39] | He handed me a blank piece of paper | 他给了我一张空白的纸 |
[32:40] | and told me, “Big tobacco is going down.” | 还说”大烟草公司输定了” |
[32:42] | What if he’s playing the wrong sport | 万一他是搞混了案子 |
[32:44] | but he’s making the right play? | 但用对了策略呢 |
[32:45] | – Honey, I-I don’t follow. – Okay. | -亲爱的 我没懂 -好吧 |
[32:48] | Do you remember when we first started dating | 你还记得我们刚开始约会的时候 |
[32:49] | and I invited you over to watch “Footloose” on DVD? | 我请你来我家看DVD版的《浑身是劲》 |
[32:52] | Yes. But never watched it. | 记得 但从没看过 |
[32:53] | We just spent the night making out on your couch. | 我们就一整晚在你家沙发亲热了 |
[32:55] | Guess what. | 知道吗 |
[32:56] | I never got the DVD. The store was out. | 我从来就没有那张DVD 店里早卖光了 |
[32:58] | Do you recall how Lawrence won the case against big tobacco? | 你还记得劳伦斯怎么打赢大烟草公司的吗 |
[33:02] | He dug up the now-famous confidential Kelly memo | 他找出了著名的具有机密性的凯莉备忘录 |
[33:04] | and threatened to enter it into court, | 然后威胁对方要呈上法庭 |
[33:05] | forcing the exec on the stand to plead the fifth. | 迫使在听证席上的主管人员保持沉默 |
[33:07] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[33:09] | Those court records were sealed, | 那些法庭记录被封存了 |
[33:10] | and Lawrence never had to disclose that memo. | 劳伦斯根本用不着公开那份备忘录 |
[33:12] | What if the Kelly memo was like the DVD of “Footloose”? | 万一凯莉备忘录就像《浑身是劲》的DVD |
[33:14] | You assumed I had it. | 只是个幌子呢 |
[33:16] | And you still got what you wanted. | 而你最终还是得逞了 |
[33:18] | I certainly did. | 没错 |
[33:19] | That was a fun night. | 那晚很销魂 |
[33:21] | It certainly was. | 谁说不是呢 |
[33:29] | A pake-off? | 派糕大比拼 |
[33:31] | Your honor, this is a court of law, | 法官大人 这里可是法庭 |
[33:32] | – Not “Top Chef.” – It’s simple. | -不是《顶级大厨》节目 -这很简单 |
[33:35] | Mr. Pierce says he invented the pake. | 皮尔斯先生说是他发明了派糕 |
[33:37] | Well, if that’s the case, he should be able to make one. | 如果当真如此 他应该会做才对 |
[33:39] | And if his pake is as good as Stacy’s, | 如果他做的派糕像史黛西一样美味 |
[33:41] | She’ll not only concede the patent, | 她不仅会让出专利权 |
[33:43] | she’ll hand over the lease to her pakery. | 还会交出派糕店的租赁契约 |
[33:46] | Works for me. | 我认为可行 |
[34:39] | Ms. Barrett, good job. | 巴奈特小姐 做得很好吃 |
[34:44] | Mr. Pierce? | 皮尔斯先生 |
[34:49] | This isn’t looking good. | 情况看上去不妙啊 |
[34:51] | It’s burnt on the bottom and raw in the middle. | 底部已经烤焦 而中间还没烤熟 |
[34:53] | That’s because a cake and a pie crust | 那是因为蛋糕和派的酥皮 |
[34:55] | cook at different temperatures. | 须在不同温度下烤焙 |
[34:57] | It took me like three tries to figure that out. | 我试了三次才掌握要领 |
[34:59] | – Ms. Barrett, the patent is yours. – Your honor — | -巴奈特小姐 专利权是你的 -法官大人 |
[35:01] | Mr. Pierce, you’ve got bigger problems. | 皮尔斯先生 你惹上了更大的麻烦 |
[35:03] | I intend to review every single one of your patents | 鉴于你今天的表现 |
[35:06] | in light of what you pulled here today. | 我要审查你的每一项专利 |
[35:08] | No one likes a troll. | 没人喜欢强盗 |
[35:12] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[35:15] | Ms. Bingum, Mr. Brand, | 宾格温小姐 布兰德先生 |
[35:16] | was I not promised a document? | 你们不是要提供研究报告吗 |
[35:18] | Yes, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[35:20] | But in order to establish foundation, | 但为了建立依据 |
[35:22] | I need to ask Ms. Keating just a few questions. | 我需要问基廷小姐几个问题 |
[35:26] | Limit your questions to authentication. | 问题仅限于验证方面 |
[35:29] | Ms. Keating, you remain under oath. | 基廷小姐 你的誓言依旧有效 |
[35:31] | Your company performs clinical drug trials in India. | 你们公司在印度实施临床药物试验 |
[35:35] | – Correct? – Occasionally. | -对吗 -有时会 |
[35:37] | And every foreign drug trial | 而每种国外药物试验 |
[35:37] | requires an investigator’s brochure, yes? | 都需要建立研究者手册 对吗 |
[35:40] | Yes, that’s the process. | 对 这是正规流程 |
[35:41] | This brochure is a real-time living document | 这份手册是一份实时更新的文件 |
[35:44] | that keeps your company abreast of the recent developments? | 以使你们公司随时掌握目前的研究情况 |
[35:48] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[35:48] | Every doctor who participates in this study | 每位参与这项研究的医生 |
[35:51] | has real-time access to this brochure for the duration of the study? | 在研究期间 都有权实时获得这本手册 |
[35:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:57] | So, hypothetically, | 所以假设说 |
[36:00] | if a drug company wanted to cover up a study, | 如果一家药物公司想要掩盖一项研究 |
[36:03] | they would have to ensure that none of the participating physicians | 他们就要保证所有参与研究的医生 |
[36:05] | retained a copy of the brochure, right? | 都不能保留手册副本 对吧 |
[36:07] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 关联性不足 |
[36:08] | Sustained. No more hypotheticals, Ms. Bingum. | 反对有效 不得再提出假设 宾格温小姐 |
[36:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:12] | Forget the hypotheticals. | 不要管刚才的假设了 |
[36:14] | Let’s talk about the aprox clinical trial | 我们来谈谈在印度古吉拉特 |
[36:16] | done on pregnant women in gujarat, India. | 对孕妇进行的爱普洛克斯临床试验 |
[36:19] | Several local doctors helped recruit participants — | 许多当地医生帮忙征召了参与者 |
[36:22] | There was no such study. | 这个研究根本就不存在 |
[36:26] | You are aware of the penalty for perjury? | 你知道作伪证的后果吗 |
[36:28] | – Objection. Badgering. – My apologies. | -反对 纠缠证人 -不好意思 |
[36:31] | But for the record, I mean, just in case | 但我要声明 我是说万一 |
[36:33] | Ms. Keating does have questions about perjury, | 基廷小姐真的打算作伪证的话 |
[36:35] | I have an A.D.A. in the back row, | 我正好请到了一位地区助理检察官 |
[36:38] | at my invitation. | 就坐在后排 |
[36:46] | Last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[36:48] | Isn’t it true that two pregnant teenage girls miscarried | 有两位印度古吉拉特的怀孕少女 |
[36:51] | and bled to death in Gujarat, India, | 在爱普洛克斯临床试验期间 |
[36:52] | during the aprox clinical trials? | 流产失血致死 这是真的吗 |
[37:02] | Do I have to answer that? | 我一定要回答这个问题吗 |
[37:03] | Your honor, at this time, | 法官大人 对于这个问题 |
[37:05] | my client exercises her Fifth Amendment Right | 我的委托人要行使《第五修正案》赋予的权利 |
[37:07] | to not incriminate herself. | 拒绝自证其罪 |
[37:10] | All right, that’s enough! | 好了 到此为止 |
[37:12] | Calm down! | 肃静 |
[37:30] | Kim… | 金 |
[37:36] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[37:38] | I mean, I really like you. | 我真的很喜欢你 |
[37:41] | That’s sweet. | 真窝心 |
[37:42] | And we had a good time hanging out. | 我们在一起玩得很开心 |
[37:44] | We talked for hours. We laughed. | 我们聊了好几个小时 一起大笑 |
[37:45] | We…got to third base. | 还上了三垒 |
[37:47] | We got to second. | 只是二垒而已 |
[37:49] | Well, we were rounding third. | 也算是在三垒周围徘徊过 |
[37:51] | I just need to know — did I do something wrong? | 我只想知道 我做错了什么吗 |
[37:55] | No. | 没有 |
[37:58] | No. | 没有 |
[38:00] | Look, Luke… | 卢克 |
[38:02] | We did have fun, but we can’t date. | 我们的确玩得很开心 但不能约会 |
[38:04] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[38:06] | It’s complicated. | 事情很复杂 |
[38:07] | I’m a good listener. | 我愿意听你解释 |
[38:08] | I’ll take you out to dinner. No pressure. | 我们可以共进晚餐 你不要有压力 |
[38:10] | – We can just — – I really appreciate that — | -我们可以… -谢谢你的好意 |
[38:11] | – Come on. You pick the restaurant. – We can’t date! | -你随便挑餐馆 -我们不能约会 |
[38:13] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[38:16] | We can’t date because I’m pregnant. | 因为我怀孕了 |
[38:20] | And that’s why I’ve been avoiding you. | 所以我才一直躲着你 |
[38:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:29] | I’m realty not ready to talk about it, | 我还没准备好谈这件事 |
[38:30] | so if you don’t mind… | 所以如果你不介意的话 |
[38:36] | Okay. Uh… | 好吧 |
[38:40] | I’m here if you need me. | 有需要随时找我 |
[38:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:04] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[39:05] | Hi. I’m looking for the patent holder of the pake. | 我找派糕专利权的持有人 |
[39:08] | That would be me. | 正是在下 |
[39:13] | Grayson told me the good news. Congratulations. | 格雷森把这个喜讯告诉我了 恭喜啊 |
[39:15] | And congrats to you, too. | 也恭喜你 |
[39:16] | I heard you had a big win in court. | 听说你在法庭上大获全胜 |
[39:18] | I did. Thanks. | 没错 谢谢 |
[39:21] | Um, I was wondering if maybe we could talk about something. | 我有件事想跟你谈 |
[39:24] | Me first. | 我先说 |
[39:26] | Okay, so you know how I didn’t have a date to the wedding? | 你知道我之前没有参加婚礼的男伴 |
[39:29] | – Yeah. – I’ve got one. | -是啊 -我现在有了 |
[39:31] | – You do?! – I do! | -是吗 -对啊 |
[39:33] | And I just want to make sure | 我是想问问你 |
[39:34] | it’s not gonna mess up the seating chart. | 这样会不会搞乱你的座位表 |
[39:35] | Oh, no. It’ll be great. Who is it? | 不会 太棒了 是谁啊 |
[39:37] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[39:39] | Owen’s friend. | 欧文的朋友 |
[39:41] | The realtor. | 那个房产经纪人 |
[39:43] | You met our realtor. | 你见过我们的房产经纪人了 |
[39:44] | I did. | 对 |
[39:46] | And he is going to find an awesome house for you two. | 他会帮你们俩找一处超赞的房子 |
[39:50] | Thanks, Stace. | 谢谢你 史黛西 |
[39:52] | You know I’m really happy for you, right? | 你知道我很为你高兴 对吧 |
[39:56] | You know how much I’m gonna miss you, too, right? | 你也知道我会想你的 对吧 |
[39:59] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[40:05] | So, Vanden not only knew aprox was dangerous, | 凡登制药不仅知道爱普洛克斯的危险性 |
[40:08] | but they actually covered up the deaths of two teenage girls in India? | 还掩盖了两位印度姑娘的死 |
[40:13] | Tell me you hit them where it hurts. | 你对他们绳之以法了吧 |
[40:15] | $6.2 million, | 620万 |
[40:16] | which sets the bar for every lawsuit to follow. | 为今后的诉讼案件设定了标杆 |
[40:19] | Another big case, another big win. | 又一件大案 又一次大胜 |
[40:21] | How do you do it, Larry? | 你是怎么做到的 劳瑞 |
[40:23] | Well, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention my brilliant co-counsel, | 这不得不提到我优秀的协理律师 |
[40:26] | Jane Bingum. | 简·宾格温 |
[40:27] | Her examination of Vanden’s C.E.O. | 她对于凡登首席执行官的讯问 |
[40:29] | was a master class in trial advocacy. | 从辩护方面来讲 实乃大师级表现 |
[40:32] | It was almost like watching myself. | 简直就像是我的翻版 |
[40:34] | Thanks, Larry. | 谢谢夸奖 劳瑞 |
[40:35] | So, what’s next for you? | 你接下来有什么打算 |
[40:36] | Some people would love to see you take on wall street. | 有些人希望你能接华尔街的案子 |
[40:39] | I’m afraid wall street’s gonna have to be someone else’s battle. | 华尔街恐怕要留给别人去为之奋斗了 |
[40:44] | I’d like to take the opportunity to announce my retirement. | 我想借此机会宣布自己退休的消息 |
[40:48] | I’m confident there are lawyers out there | 我相信一定会有律师 |
[40:50] | who can fight the good fight. | 能打个漂亮的胜仗 |
[40:51] | You heard it here first. Lawrence brand rides off into the sunset. | 您在本节目首次得知了劳伦斯功成身退的消息 |
[40:57] | It’s out to pa– | 这… |
[40:59] | Anointed by Lawrence Brand himself. | 被劳伦斯·布兰德本人钦点了 |
[41:01] | Congratulations, counselor. | 恭喜你了 大律师 |
[41:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:07] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[41:09] | I just feel badly for Larry. That’s all. | 我就是为劳瑞感到难过 |
[41:13] | Hey, uh, if you happen to be free, | 你要是现在有空的话 |
[41:16] | I was wondering if you wanted to go | 愿意到街区那边 |
[41:18] | to an open house down the block. | 看一间空房子吗 |
[41:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[41:21] | Roger called. | 罗杰打电话来了 |
[41:22] | It’s a ranch style, three bedroom, two bath, | 牧场风格 三卧两卫 |
[41:25] | and a tree house in the backyard. | 后院还有个树屋 |
[41:27] | A tree house? | 树屋 |
[41:28] | Well, where else are the kids gonna play? | 不然孩子们去哪儿玩啊 |
[41:29] | – Kids?! – What?! | -孩子 -怎么了 |
[41:30] | No, I like the way that sounds. | 不 这话我喜欢听 |
[41:32] | – All right. – And with the way you plan, | -好吧 -既然你都计划好了 |
[41:34] | – I suppose you already — – Two boys and girl. | -那你应该已经… -两男一女 |
[41:35] | – Of course. – Spaced three years apart. | -好的 -每三年生一个 |
[41:37] | Cameron, Jacob, and Zoe. | 卡梅伦 雅各布 佐伊 |
[41:39] | – And a dog named…? – Violet. | -还要养条狗叫… -维奥莱特 |
[41:40] | You know, ’cause I like the name, | 我很喜欢这个名字 |
[41:41] | but not enough for a kid. | 但还没喜欢到给孩子起这名 |
[41:45] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[41:47] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[41:51] | – Come on. – All right. | -走吧 -好 |