时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that inspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Luke. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使卢克 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | …and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:50] | Jane! | 简 |
[00:50] | Cath.K sumenq | |
[00:52] | Sweetie, you scared me. | 亲爱的 你吓死我了 |
[00:54] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[00:55] | It’s my plane ticket. | 我的机票 |
[00:56] | I know. I found it next to your purse. | 我知道 我在你包包附近找到的 |
[00:59] | Okay, in your purse. I was looking for…gum. | 好吧 是在你包里 本来想找口香糖的 |
[01:04] | Uh, anyway, the point is — | 无所谓啦 问题在于 |
[01:06] | the last time you had a personal problem, | 上次你为情所伤的时候 |
[01:07] | you ran away to Italy. | 你跑去了意大利 |
[01:09] | And I know you’re sad about Owen, | 我知道欧文伤了你的心 |
[01:11] | but moving to…Palo Alto is not the answer. | 但逃到帕罗奥图不是解决问题的方法 |
[01:16] | I mean, where is that, anyway? Brazil? | 那是什么地方呀 巴西吗 |
[01:18] | No, that’s Sao Paulo. | 不是 巴西的是圣保罗 |
[01:19] | Palo Alto is near San Jose. | 帕罗奥图在圣何塞附近 |
[01:22] | – California. – Mm. | -在加州 -好吧 |
[01:23] | Anyway…Grayson and I are giving a lecture | 格雷森和我要去斯坦福法学院授课 |
[01:28] | at stanford Law, where Jane got her degree. | 简就是那毕业的 |
[01:32] | One of her old professors has invited us to discuss — | 她以前的教授邀请我们去研讨… |
[01:36] | Stop! Whatever you’re gonna say, I’m not gonna understand it. | 停 你接下来要说的话无异于对牛弹琴 |
[01:38] | Just tell me you will be home by 4:00. | 我只想知道你四点能否回来 |
[01:41] | Uh, my flight gets in at 7:00. | 回来的航班七点才到啊 |
[01:43] | – No, no. – What? | -不行 -怎么了 |
[01:45] | You said you would go dress shopping with me today | 你答应过 今天要陪我去买 |
[01:47] | for the Hollywood Small Business Association dinner. | 参加好莱坞小企业颁奖晚宴的裙子的 |
[01:49] | It is the — | 那可是 |
[01:51] | The Oscars of hollywood small businesses. I know. | 好莱坞小企业的奥斯卡 我知道 |
[01:53] | But it’s two days away. | 但不是还有两天呢吗 |
[01:54] | Never go dress shopping the day before. | 千万别前一天才去置装 |
[01:56] | You taught me that. | 这点是你教我的 |
[01:58] | That’s true. | 这倒是 |
[01:59] | Oh, I’ll get it. | 我去开 |
[02:00] | Mm. And I’m going to get dressed. | 我去换衣服 |
[02:02] | But, Jane, just…come home early. | 但是简 早点回家就是了 |
[02:05] | Okay. I-I’ll do my best. | 好 我尽力 |
[02:07] | Good morning. | 早啊 |
[02:09] | Oh, it’s you. | 是你 |
[02:11] | You were expecting…? | 你在等… |
[02:12] | Grayson. We are headed to — | 格雷森 我们要去… |
[02:16] | Stanford Law school. I know. When’s our plane leave? | 斯坦福法学院 我们几点的飞机 |
[02:19] | You are not going with us. | 你不能和我们同去 |
[02:20] | You don’t even work in the firm anymore. | 你都不在律所工作了 |
[02:22] | Hey, I’m still your guardian angel. | 可我还是你的守护天使 |
[02:24] | I can’t just sit home all day watching “Pawn Stars.” | 不能整天坐在家里看《典当之星》吧 |
[02:27] | Or can I? | 难道可以吗 |
[02:28] | Actually, I do need your help with something. | 实际上 我需要你的帮助 |
[02:30] | While I’m gone, please take Stacy dress shopping | 我不在家期间 拜托你陪史黛西逛街 |
[02:32] | for her awards dinner. | 她要买颁奖礼要穿的裙子 |
[02:33] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要帮你 |
[02:35] | “A,” You actually have really great taste, | 首先 你的品味其实很不错 |
[02:37] | which we both know is because of your collection of GQ magazines | 你心知肚明 因为你收集《GQ》杂志 |
[02:40] | and your obsession with Ryan Gosling. | 而且还特别迷恋瑞恩·高斯林 |
[02:41] | That’s true, but… | 这倒是 但是 |
[02:42] | And, “B,” since you are no longer at the office, | 其次 既然现在你也不在律所干了 |
[02:44] | you can only spy on me at home. | 你就只能在家监视我 |
[02:46] | So here’s the deal. | 所以 现在就是这样 |
[02:47] | You don’t help Stacy shop, | 你要是不陪史黛西去购物 |
[02:49] | And I will tell her that you hate Taylor Swift. | 我就告诉她你讨厌泰勒·斯威夫特 |
[02:53] | She’ll never let you in this house again. | 她就永远不会让你进家门了 |
[02:56] | Nicely played. | 手段挺高 |
[02:58] | Oh. You know what? | 知道吗 |
[02:59] | I forgot my earrings, so be an angel and get the door. | 我忘戴耳环了 天使行行好 去开门 |
[03:03] | Luke. What are you doing here? | 卢克 你怎么在这儿 |
[03:05] | I came by to collect rent. | 我来收房租 |
[03:06] | Right. The landlord. Is she ready? | 对 房东 她准备好了吗 |
[03:09] | Almost. | 马上就来 |
[03:11] | Oh, looking sharp. New suit? | 帅极了 新买的西装吗 |
[03:14] | I don’t know. You know, maybe the tie. | 不知道 也许是换了条领带 |
[03:16] | GQ, March 2012, | 《GQ》杂志 2012年5月号上的专题 |
[03:18] | “Pastels turn a business trip into a pleasure fest.” | “淡雅色调能将公务出行变为欢愉盛飨” |
[03:21] | So, what exactly do you have planned | 所以这次北部之行 |
[03:23] | for your little jaunt up north? | 你有什么计划啊 |
[03:25] | I don’t know. I figured I’d just — | 不知道 就是想着 |
[03:27] | Spend time alone with Jane? | 和简独处一下 |
[03:29] | That’s really none of your business. | 这跟你无关 |
[03:31] | Jane’s terrific, but her fiance just left her. | 简很优秀 但她的未婚夫刚刚抛弃了她 |
[03:33] | You don’t want to be the rebound guy. | 你不会想当替代品的 |
[03:36] | Right now, she just needs a friend. | 她眼下只是需要个朋友 |
[03:40] | My two cents. | 我的拙见 |
[03:42] | Professor Kent. | 肯特教授 |
[03:44] | Professor Bingum. | 宾格温教授 |
[03:47] | Cannot believe we’re teaching a class with Ellen Daily. | 简直不敢相信我们要和艾伦·黛莉同台授课 |
[03:50] | The woman literally wrote the book on torts. | 她是民事侵权法的奠基人 |
[03:52] | Wow. She must have been an amazing teacher. | 她铁定是位传奇教师 |
[03:55] | Oh, yeah. Uh, she was… unforgettable. | 对 她真的给我留下了深刻的印象 |
[03:59] | We don’t want to miss our flight, so… | 可误了航班 |
[04:00] | Right. | 对 |
[04:02] | – Have fun. – Okay. | -玩得开心点 -好 |
[04:04] | But not too much fun. | 但别开心过头了 |
[04:12] | Hey. How’s my favorite creditor? | 我最爱的债权人还好吗 |
[04:14] | So far, so good. | 还不错 |
[04:16] | Fueling up for the day? | 为新的一天注入活力吗 |
[04:17] | No, I have a client in my office — Marty Saddler. | 我有客户 马蒂·萨德勒 |
[04:19] | He’s a successful entrepreneur. | 一位很成功的企业家 |
[04:21] | What’s his business? | 做什么生意的 |
[04:22] | He’s well-diversified, but today, | 涉猎很广 但是今天 |
[04:23] | he’s here about his gourmet-food trucks. | 他是因他的美食车而来 |
[04:25] | Hmm. Someone choke on a chimichanga? | 有人吃煎面卷饼噎着了吗 |
[04:27] | Ha ha. No. | 幽默 不是 |
[04:28] | One of his trucks hit a man in a wheelchair crossing a street. | 他的美食车撞倒了一名坐轮椅过马路的行人 |
[04:30] | Is he okay? | 那人没事吧 |
[04:31] | Yeah, a few cuts and scratches. | 有几道刮蹭伤 |
[04:33] | It’s a glorified nuisance case, | 就是件民事滋扰事件 |
[04:34] | but it needs to be handled properly. | 但是得谨慎处理 |
[04:36] | – Got it. – Marty Saddler, Jay Parker. | -了解 -马蒂·萨德勒 杰·帕克 |
[04:38] | – Hi. I’m the managing partner. Welcome. – Thank you. | -我是律所合伙人 欢迎 -谢谢 |
[04:41] | Gina’s got me up to speed, and, uh, you know, I have a thought. | 吉娜已经向我说明了情况 我有个想法 |
[04:44] | Hey, Kim, will you join us for a second? | 金 能过来一下吗 |
[04:47] | Kim Kaswell, meet Marty Saddler. | 金·卡斯维 这位是马蒂·萨德勒 |
[04:49] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[04:50] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[04:51] | Kim is one of our top litigators. | 金是我们最顶尖的诉讼律师 |
[04:52] | I’d like you to back up Gina in this case. | 希望你能在这件案子上协助吉娜 |
[04:55] | Oh, no, I appreciate the help, | 不用了 多谢你帮忙 |
[04:57] | but we don’t plan to go to trial. | 但我们没打算上庭 |
[04:58] | I want to settle. | 我要私了 |
[05:00] | Well, all the better. | 怎么样都好 |
[05:01] | Kim will put the fear of god in the other side. | 金绝对会震慑对方 |
[05:03] | Fear of god sounds good to me. | 震慑听起来不错 |
[05:04] | Boom! Instant dream team. | 梦之队立刻成立 |
[05:10] | The judge ruled that the defendant | 法官裁定 |
[05:11] | had been acting as a business adviser, not a lawyer. | 被告只是商业顾问 而非律师 |
[05:15] | And the jury awarded us seven figures. | 而陪审团判处给我们7位数的赔偿 |
[05:17] | There it is. | 这就对了 |
[05:18] | Dispatches from the real world. | 真实案例 |
[05:21] | So, Ms. Bingum, | 宾格温小姐 |
[05:23] | your case turned on attorney-client privilege. | 你的案件引出了律师和客户间的保密协定 |
[05:26] | – Yes. – Would you please recite | -对 -那你能为我们背诵 |
[05:28] | the other common exceptions to the privilege? | 协定外的其他普遍例外吗 |
[05:30] | You have 10 seconds. | 你有十秒 |
[05:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:37] | Um, um, well, there’s the crime-fraud exception, | 好吧 有诈骗及刑事案件的例外 |
[05:41] | overheard public conversations, | 在公共区域谈话被无意听见 |
[05:43] | suing a lawyer for malpractice, | 起诉律师玩忽职守 |
[05:44] | and production of privileged documents during disclosure. | 在公开阶段对相关文件的知情权 |
[05:48] | Aah! And? | 还有呢 |
[05:52] | And disclosure to a third party. | 泄露给第三方 |
[05:54] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:55] | Well done. Class, thank our guests. | 很好 同学们 感谢我们的嘉宾 |
[05:58] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:05] | Thank you so much for coming. | 多谢你们能来 |
[06:07] | It was our pleasure. | 这是我们的荣幸 |
[06:08] | Janie, how does it feel to be back at campus? | 简宝 重回校园感觉如何 |
[06:11] | Uh, um, like I am here for the first time, actually. | 实际上 就好像我初到此地一般 |
[06:16] | Professor Daily, excuse me. I’m very sorry to interrupt. | 黛莉教授 不好意思 抱歉打扰你们 |
[06:19] | My adviser called in sick. | 我的导师请了病假 |
[06:21] | This is Veronika. | 这位是维罗妮卡 |
[06:22] | She volunteers at our legal clinic. | 她是我们临床法学的志愿者 |
[06:23] | It’s where our students try real cases | 在这个项目里 学生在执照律师的监管下 |
[06:25] | with oversight by licensed attorneys. | 尝试处理真实案件 |
[06:27] | My client is owed hundreds of dollars in back wages. | 我的委托人被拖欠了数百块的工资 |
[06:30] | Her baby’s ill, and she needs the money. | 她的孩子还病着 急需用钱 |
[06:32] | Can you please stand in? | 您能顶替一下吗 |
[06:34] | I’m teaching all afternoon. | 我有一下午的课要上 |
[06:35] | But you happen to be in the presence | 但正好 你的面前正好有一位参加过 |
[06:37] | of a distinguished alumna of the clinical program. | 临床法学教育的出色学姐 |
[06:43] | Oh, me. Me? | 是我啊 是我吗 |
[06:45] | – Yes, – me. | -对 -是我 |
[06:46] | Yes. | 没错 |
[06:48] | It’s a simple case. | 这案子很简单 |
[06:49] | You know, I- I would, but we have to catch a flight. | 我很想帮忙 但我们还得赶飞机 |
[06:52] | I can book us on a later one. | 我们可以改签 |
[06:54] | Oh. Well, great. | 好吧 棒极了 |
[06:55] | Then, uh, we would be happy to help. | 那么 我们很乐意帮忙 |
[06:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:00] | I don’t like Gina. | 我不喜欢吉娜 |
[07:02] | Oh, Teri, you don’t like anyone. | 泰丽 你就没喜欢过谁 |
[07:04] | Yeah, this is different. | 是啊 但这次不同 |
[07:05] | At my old firm, | 我在之前的律所工作时 |
[07:06] | my boss was on the partner track, | 我的老板正在争取做合伙人 |
[07:07] | and then Gina showed up. | 然后吉娜出现了 |
[07:09] | Six weeks later, she had poached all of her clients, | 六周以后 她就抢走了所有的客户 |
[07:11] | taken her promotion, and got her fired. | 夺走了我老板升职的机会 还炒了她 |
[07:14] | Well, that happens at big firms. | 这在大律所里司空见惯 |
[07:15] | Kim, she gave Sandra a nervous breakdown. | 金 她害得桑德拉精神失常了 |
[07:18] | She now lives at home with her mother, | 现在只能和她妈住在一起 |
[07:20] | and they watch “Law & order” all day long. | 整天看《法律与秩序》 |
[07:23] | Wow. Okay. This is bad. | 好吧 这就糟了 |
[07:27] | – Here’s what I need you to do. – Name it. | -现在我要你做件事 -请说 |
[07:29] | Shut the door on your way out. | 出去的时候带上门 |
[07:39] | Alison works for EastBay Semiconductor. | 艾莉森在东湾半导体公司工作 |
[07:41] | Impressive. | 好厉害 |
[07:42] | Oh, I’m a glorified janitor. | 我充其量就是个清洁工 |
[07:44] | I just inspect silicon wafers in the clean room. | 我的职责就是在洁净室检查硅片是否合规 |
[07:47] | The company won’t pay her the overtime she’s due. | 公司不愿支付她应得的加班费 |
[07:50] | They’re claiming that she’s an independent contractor. | 他们声称她是个独立合同工 |
[07:52] | Yeah, claiming full-time employees | 没错 将全职员工说成 |
[07:53] | as independent contractors is just a sneaky way | 独立合同工是个避免支付加班费的 |
[07:56] | to avoid paying overtime. | 狡猾做法 |
[07:58] | But the judge will see right through it. | 但法官会做出正确的裁决 |
[07:59] | Veronika will make sure. | 维罗妮卡可以担保 |
[08:02] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:04] | Had to take the day off work and can’t afford a babysitter. | 我请不起保姆 只能请假带孩子 |
[08:07] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[08:08] | It’ll only make us look more sympathetic in court. | 这会让我们在法庭上博得更多的同情 |
[08:11] | Uh, your honor, turning your attention | 法官大人 请留意原告的四号证物 |
[08:14] | to plaintiff’s exhibit 4, you’ll see the, um — you’ll see | 你会看见 你会看见 |
[08:17] | the hours and the days that my client worked in May. | 我的委托人在五月所工作的小时数和天数 |
[08:21] | And after may comes June. We know. | 然后就是六月份的 大家都知道 |
[08:23] | Can we wrap up the show-and-tell? | 我们能跳到总结”展示和说明”环节吗 |
[08:28] | Uh, under court rules, | 根据法院规则 |
[08:30] | I have the right to present documentary evidence. | 我有权展示书面证明 |
[08:33] | And if you add up all of the hours in May — | 如果合计五月所工作的小时数… |
[08:36] | Excuse me, your honor? | 打扰一下 法官大人 |
[08:37] | Yes, Can I help you? | 是的 有什么事吗 |
[08:38] | We have an arrest warrant for Alison Thomas. | 我们奉命逮捕艾莉森·托马斯 |
[08:40] | Veronika? | 维罗妮卡 |
[08:41] | Excuse me. What are the charges? | 抱歉 罪名是什么 |
[08:43] | Aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of her child. | 故意危害儿童健康罪 |
[08:46] | Officer, I’d like to see the warrant. | 警官 我想看下逮捕令 |
[08:47] | What? What are they talking about? | 什么 他们在说什么 |
[08:49] | You need to give us the child and come with us. | 你得把孩子给我们 再跟我们走一趟 |
[08:50] | No, no. I didn’t do anything. | 不不 我什么都没做 |
[08:52] | I’m not gonna ask you again. | 我不想再重复一遍 |
[08:57] | Alison, um, give William to me. | 艾莉森 把威廉姆给我 |
[09:00] | No. | 不行 |
[09:01] | It’s okay. Here. | 没关系 给我吧 |
[09:04] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[09:08] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[09:12] | Alison Thomas, you have the right to remain silent. | 艾莉森·托马斯 你有权保持沉默 |
[09:16] | Anything that you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. | 但你所说的每句话都将成为呈堂证供 |
[09:19] | – No. No, no. Don’t take my baby. – It’s okay. | -不不 别带走我的孩子 -没事的 |
[09:22] | Don’t. Stop! | 不要 住手 |
[09:23] | – Don’t give my baby away. – Ma’am. | -别带走我的孩子 -女士 |
[09:27] | My baby! My baby! | 我的孩子 我的孩子 |
[09:30] | Don’t let them take my baby! | 别让他们带走我的孩子 |
[09:37] | I would never hurt my baby. | 我绝不会伤害我的孩子 |
[09:39] | The only reason I’m sueing EastBay | 我起诉东湾的唯一理由 |
[09:41] | is because I need that money to pay his medical bills. | 就是想要钱去支付他的医疗费 |
[09:43] | Alison, what’s wrong with him? | 艾莉森 他怎么了 |
[09:47] | He passes out — | 无论在我怀里还是婴儿床上 |
[09:48] | in my arms, in the crib. | 他都会突然昏迷 |
[09:51] | It’s so scary. | 太可怕了 |
[09:53] | A- and the doctors — they — they don’t know why. | 可那些医生都不清楚他的病因 |
[09:57] | What happens now? | 现在该怎么办 |
[09:58] | Okay, I’m going to represent you on criminal charges, | 我会在刑事指控中做你的代理人 |
[10:01] | and then Ms. Bingum has agreed to continue supervising me. | 宾格温小姐已经同意继续指导我了 |
[10:05] | Until a substitute can be found. | 在找到另一个持牌律师之前 |
[10:08] | Oh, Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[10:09] | All right, I spoke with the lead detective. | 我和探长谈过了 |
[10:11] | The police were called by EastBay’s on-site daycare. | 警方是由东湾的日托叫来的 |
[10:14] | A supervisor claimed William showed symptoms | 监管员声称威廉姆有 |
[10:16] | of shaken-baby syndrome. | 摇晃婴儿综合症的症状 |
[10:17] | No, no! That’s — that’s not possible. | 不不 那 那不可能 |
[10:19] | Okay, the police are holding him pending the results | 在明早孩子的身体检查结果出来之前 |
[10:21] | of his medical examination tomorrow morning. | 他将由警方照看 |
[10:23] | And, uh, Alison, you’ll be released on your own recognizance. | 艾莉森 付了保证金 你就能出狱了 |
[10:26] | I- I- I need to see him. He — he’s still breast-feeding. | 我 我得去看他 我还要给他喂奶 |
[10:30] | Okay, well, we’ll arrange for supervised visits. | 好的 我们会安排监督探访的 |
[10:32] | We’ll need to talk to the doctor who’s examining William. | 我们还需要和检查威廉姆的医生谈一下 |
[10:34] | We have a consult tomorrow, 10:00 a.m. | 明早十点有个咨询会 |
[10:36] | I’ll, uh, push our flights back, get us some hotel rooms. | 我再去改签下航班 到宾馆订房间 |
[10:38] | Oh, local hotels are booked for the AppWorld Convention. | 由于世界软件大会 当地宾馆都被订满了 |
[10:41] | But my friend Jordan is out of town. | 但我的朋友乔丹现在出城了 |
[10:43] | You guys can stay at his place if you want. | 如果你们不介意 可以住在他家 |
[10:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:50] | Too casual. | 太随便 |
[10:52] | Too formal. | 太正式 |
[10:53] | Ugh. Too much. | 太夸张 |
[10:56] | Do you think the neckline is too plungey? | 你觉得领口是不是开太低了 |
[10:59] | What? It’s a simple question. | 怎么了 不就是个简单的问题吗 |
[11:01] | It was a simple question six hours ago. | 在六小时之前 还算是个简单的问题 |
[11:03] | 31 dresses later, | 试了31条裙子后 |
[11:05] | you’ve done something I didn’t think was possible. | 你把我觉得不可能的事变成了可能 |
[11:06] | You’ve made cleavage boring. | 我已经看烦你的乳沟了 |
[11:08] | Maybe I should go sleeveless. | 也许我该试试无袖装 |
[11:09] | And I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[11:13] | Oh, wait, wait. It’s a text from Jane. | 等等 是简发来的短信 |
[11:16] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[11:17] | She’s not sure when she’s coming back. | 她不确定自己什么时候能回来 |
[11:19] | But she’s my date for the Hollywood Small Business Awards dinner. | 但她说好陪我去参加小企业颁奖晚宴的 |
[11:23] | What am I gonna do? | 这下该怎么办 |
[11:24] | Ooh. Another text. She says you’re my date. | 又来一条 她说要你陪我去 |
[11:27] | I don’t think that’s what she meant. I think — | 我觉得她不是这个意思 我想… |
[11:28] | She also says to ask you about Taylor Swift. | 她还要我问你泰勒·斯威夫特的事 |
[11:32] | I have the perfect suit. | 我正有套很搭的礼服 |
[11:44] | I feel like I’m back in school. | 我感觉像回到了学校 |
[11:46] | You bring all the girls up here to study? | 你总是把女孩带到这儿来学习吗 |
[11:48] | Only the cool chicks. | 只有美女才行 |
[11:55] | Oh. Now, this takes me back. | 这才感觉回到学校了 |
[11:58] | Beer? | 喝啤酒吗 |
[11:59] | Sure. Why not? | 当然 好呀 |
[12:05] | You can take the guy out of Sigma Chi. | 你能把那家伙从社团里踢出去 |
[12:08] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[12:14] | I’m glad we stayed. | 真开心我们留下来了 |
[12:15] | Yeah. I imagine you could use a change of scenery. | 是啊 你可以当是换了个环境 |
[12:18] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[12:24] | You know, for what it’s worth… | 如果能安慰到你的话 |
[12:27] | I think Owen’s made the biggest mistake of his life. | 我觉得欧文犯下了他人生中最大的错误 |
[12:33] | Don’t start being nice to me… | 别提这些了… |
[12:36] | ’cause I’m about this close to tears, | 要不然我就得抹眼泪了 |
[12:37] | and you don’t want to deal with that. | 你肯定不想收拾这烂摊子 |
[12:41] | I think you’re doing fine. | 我觉得你做得很好 |
[12:50] | I guess it’s — I guess it’s kind of getting late. | 我觉得… 我觉得现在挺晚了 |
[12:52] | Yeah. Yeah, it is. | 对 是啊 没错 |
[12:57] | I’ll take the futon. | 我睡沙发 |
[12:59] | Great. | 好的 |
[13:01] | Hey, Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[13:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:19] | The baby’s symptoms are similar to shaken-baby syndrome, | 孩子的病症与摇晃婴儿综合症类似 |
[13:21] | but we’ve ruled out any form of abuse. | 但我们排除是由虐待所致 |
[13:24] | That’s good news. | 真是个好消息 |
[13:25] | Your child is suffering from blood toxicity — | 不过你孩子的血液中含有毒素 |
[13:27] | specifically, high levels of methanol. | 准确地说 是含有高浓度的甲醇 |
[13:29] | Methanol? | 甲醇 |
[13:31] | A compound commonly found in high-test fuels, | 它是易挥发性燃料 脱漆剂和 |
[13:33] | paint removers and industrial cleaning solvents. | 工业清洁溶剂中常见的成分 |
[13:35] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:36] | Alison, how would William have come into contact with methanol? | 艾莉森 威廉姆怎么能接触到甲醇 |
[13:39] | It’s one of the solvents we use in the cleaning room, | 那是我在洁净室用的一种溶剂 |
[13:41] | but William’s never been in there. | 但威廉姆从没在那儿呆过 |
[13:43] | You likely inhaled trace amounts over time. | 也有可能是你长期吸入微量甲醇 |
[13:45] | It builds up in your system. | 它在你体内聚集 |
[13:47] | It was transferred through your breast milk. | 然后通过母乳传给孩子 |
[13:50] | Oh, god. | 天呐 |
[13:51] | The effects should be reversible, | 伤害并非永久性的 |
[13:53] | but he’ll require extensive treatments. | 但他将需要更多的治疗 |
[13:55] | I did this to him. | 是我害了他 |
[13:56] | No, no, no, no. This is not your fault. | 不不 这不是你的错 |
[13:59] | Alison, did EastBay warn you about this? | 艾莉森 东湾提醒过你吗 |
[14:01] | No. I would never put my child at risk. | 没有 不然我怎么会让孩子冒这个险 |
[14:05] | Okay, okay. Then they’re gonna pay. | 没事 他们要为此付出代价 |
[14:09] | Okay, I’m ready. Let’s get started. | 好了 我准备好了 咱们开始吧 |
[14:13] | Mr. Patton, we should probably wait for your lawyer. | 巴顿先生 我们还要再等等你的律师 |
[14:15] | Some guy who’s gonna take a third of my payday? | 要花掉我三分之一薪水的人 |
[14:18] | No, thank you. | 还是不了 谢谢 |
[14:20] | Okay, well, we, uh, received your $1 million demand. | 好吧 我们收到了你一百万的要求 |
[14:23] | How did you come up with this figure? | 为什么要定这个价格 |
[14:25] | Hmm. Let’s see. | 让我想想看 |
[14:26] | I came to it when I got hit by your client’s | 我被你们客户的美食车撞到时 |
[14:28] | gourmet-freaking-food truck. | 想到的这个数字 |
[14:30] | Your medical bills are less than $800. | 你的医疗费还不到800块 |
[14:33] | Documented emotional distress. | 书面精神损害证明 |
[14:36] | According to Dr. Lacert, a well-known plaintiff’s physician | 拉瑟医师的诊断书 人称”江湖骗子” |
[14:40] | whose nickname is “Dr. Full of Crap.” | 原告专用的著名医师 |
[14:43] | Anything else? | 还有别的证据吗 |
[14:45] | Well, there’s lost wages. | 还有误工费 |
[14:47] | Except you are unemployed. | 你又没工作 |
[14:49] | Look, cards on the table. | 我跟你明说 |
[14:50] | This is a $5,000 case, $10,000 tops. | 这个案子也就五千块 顶多一万 |
[14:53] | So how much to make you go away? | 所以你觉得多少能打发你 |
[14:57] | – Well, I’m willing to negotiate. – That’s great. | -我很愿意协商 -很好 |
[14:59] | – Half a mil, and we all go home happy. – Okay, you know what? | -50万 皆大欢喜 -这样吧 |
[15:03] | Why don’t you go home and, uh, call us when you’re serious. | 你不如先回家去 想清楚了再联系我们 |
[15:07] | Oh, MS. Kaswell, this is my serious face. | 卡斯维小姐 看不出我想清楚了吗 |
[15:12] | And when I wheel myself into court | 要是我坐轮椅挪进法庭 |
[15:14] | and describe how I was in a clearly-marked crosswalk | 讲述我如何在人行横道上好好走着 |
[15:17] | when I was thrown from my chair | 结果却从轮椅上被撞飞 |
[15:19] | and nearly crushed to death by a 6-ton truck, | 差点被一辆六吨重的卡车碾碎 |
[15:22] | the jury will be awarding some serious coin. | 陪审团会判给我高额赔偿金的 |
[15:25] | You trying to intimidate us? | 你这是在威胁我们吗 |
[15:27] | I’m very good with tears. I can cry on cue. | 我很会用眼泪攻势 我随时都能哭出来 |
[15:29] | Okay, I think we understand each other. | 好了 我想我们都互相挑明了立场 |
[15:31] | Let us take the $500,000 to our client. | 我们会向客户转达50万的要求 |
[15:33] | – Now I want $600,000. – You’re kidding. | -现在我要60万 -你开什么玩笑 |
[15:35] | Actually, I came here to settle, but forget it. | 我是来和解的 还是算了吧 |
[15:38] | I want my day in court. Have a nice day, MS. Kaswell. | 法庭上见吧 祝你愉快 卡斯维小姐 |
[15:43] | My client wanted to settle. | 我的客户想要和解 |
[15:44] | You know what? I’m sure Warren will go home and come to his senses. | 我肯定沃伦会回家 然后觉悟过来 |
[15:48] | It’s all part of the process. | 都是这个流程 |
[15:49] | I can see why this firm is having financial problems. | 我知道为什么你们公司会有财政问题了 |
[15:58] | Oh, professor, I’m so glad we caught you. | 教授 碰到你真高兴 |
[16:02] | Ms. Bingum, MS. Kramer. | 宾格温小姐 克莱默小姐 |
[16:04] | Our simple court appearance got a little complicated. | 我们的小小庭审出了点麻烦 |
[16:07] | Toxicology confirmed high levels of methanol | 药理学证明 我的客户的母乳里 |
[16:09] | in my client’s breast milk. | 有高含量甲醇 |
[16:10] | We’re suing her employer for injuries to her son. | 我们要以对孩子的伤害起诉她的雇主 |
[16:12] | It’s definitely gonna be an uphill battle, | 这一定是场艰难的斗争 |
[16:14] | but since toxic torts are your expertise, we thought… | 但毒害侵权行为是你的专长 我们想… |
[16:16] | stop. | 别说了 |
[16:17] | I can’t discuss this case with you. | 我不能和你们讨论这个案子 |
[16:20] | Professor, we need your help. | 教授 我们需要你的帮助 |
[16:22] | Oh my god. Did EastBay hire you to present them? | 天呐 东湾雇了你当律师吗 |
[16:26] | Yes, they did. | 是的 |
[16:27] | And, as you said, this is my area of expertise. | 正如你所说 这是我的专长 |
[16:30] | I look forward to seeing you in court. | 很期待在法庭上相见 |
[16:41] | Your honour, we are not even in the right venue. | 法官大人 本案根本就不该来法院审理 |
[16:43] | Employee injury is a matter for the workers’ comp board. | 工伤是劳工赔偿局的事 |
[16:46] | Yesterday, EastBay was in court | 昨天 东湾还在法庭 |
[16:48] | insisting that Alison Thomas is not an employee, | 坚持说艾莉森·托马斯不是他们的员工 |
[16:50] | but an independent contractor. | 只是一个独立承包商 |
[16:51] | They can’t have it both ways. | 他们不能变来变去啊 |
[16:55] | Collateral estoppel. | 禁止反言原则 |
[16:58] | Even if that is the case, your honor, | 就算是这样 法官大人 |
[17:00] | prop 65 warnings at the facility | 作业车间的第65号提案警告标志 |
[17:02] | alert workers to the presence of potentially-toxic chemicals. | 警示员工有潜在化工毒物的存在 |
[17:06] | Ms. Thomas assumed the risk. | 托马斯小姐认可了危险 |
[17:09] | Maybe so, but… | 或许如此 但是 |
[17:12] | But — but what? | 但是 但是什么 |
[17:16] | But… | 但是 |
[17:18] | But the mere presence of a sign | 但是仅仅一块标志牌 |
[17:19] | does not insulate from liability — | 并不能使其逃脱法律责任 |
[17:21] | Kohn v. Badger, INC. | 科恩对巴哲公司案 |
[17:23] | Plus, the baby is our plaintiff. | 况且 小宝宝也是我们的原告 |
[17:25] | Any waiver by Alison cannot be imputed to her son. | 艾莉森放弃的权利不能归咎于她儿子 |
[17:28] | In Martin v. Cincinnati GAS, | 在马丁对辛辛那提煤气公司案中 |
[17:30] | the employer was found not liable | 职员衣服上携带了石棉回家 |
[17:32] | when an employee took home asbestos on his clothing, | 并因此导致他的孩子生病 |
[17:36] | thus sickening his child. | 雇主被判无罪 |
[17:38] | I believe the same principle exists here. | 我相信这个案子同理 |
[17:42] | Ms. Bingum. | 宾格温小姐 |
[17:49] | Yes, in Olivo v. Owens-Illinois, | 是的 在奥利沃对欧文斯-伊利诺伊案中 |
[17:52] | the court did find liability | 因为对一位亲属的危害可以被预见 |
[17:54] | because the harm to a relative was deemed foreseeable. | 雇主被判有罪 |
[17:59] | Good point. Motion for summary judgment denied. | 论据充分 否决简易判决的动议 |
[18:02] | We’re going to need several weeks to prepare for court, your honor. | 我们需要几周时间来准备庭审 法官大人 |
[18:04] | Uh, your honor, not to rush the court, | 法官大人 无意催促 |
[18:07] | but Mr. Kent and I were just up here visiting, and — | 但肯特先生和我只是来这里游览的 |
[18:09] | Well, it’s gratifying to see practicing lawyers | 很高兴能看到执业律师 |
[18:11] | volunteering their time. | 志愿帮忙 |
[18:12] | Well, thank you, and happy to do it. | 谢谢 我们很乐意 |
[18:14] | And I’m happy to accelerate these proceedings. | 我也很乐意加快进程 |
[18:16] | We’ll start this afternoon. | 我们今天下午开庭 |
[18:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:21] | I’m so sorry. I-I completely froze. | 真对不起 我完全懵了 |
[18:24] | Oh, it happens to all of us. | 大家都会这样的 |
[18:25] | Hey, we survived summary judgment. | 我们总算挺过简易判决了 |
[18:27] | – That’s all that matters. – We have a lot of work. | -这就行了 -我们还有很多工作 |
[18:29] | Hey, Grayson, could you line up an expert witness? | 格雷森 你能不能找一位专家证人 |
[18:31] | I’m on it. | 这就去 |
[18:32] | Veronika, we’re gonna need a work space. | 维罗妮卡 我们需要一个工作场所 |
[18:34] | How’s a cubicle at the law clinic? | 法律诊所的小隔间行吗 |
[18:36] | Great. | 很好 |
[18:37] | I think I’m gonna contact EastBay’s Child-care services, | 我要联系东湾的托儿服务 |
[18:40] | see if any other employee’s child | 看看有没有其他员工的孩子 |
[18:42] | suffered from methanol poisoning. | 也遭受了甲醇毒害 |
[18:45] | You want to know if EastBay was put on notice. | 你想知道东湾有没有受到警告 |
[18:47] | Exactly. Let’s get to work. | 正是 我们开工吧 |
[18:52] | Hey. You wanted to see me? | 你要见我 |
[18:53] | Yeah. We have a problem. | 是的 我们有个问题 |
[18:54] | I spoke with Warren. He will not reconsider. | 我跟沃伦谈过了 他不会重新考虑 |
[18:57] | He wants to go to trial. | 他想进行庭审 |
[18:58] | Okay. Uh, we’ll go to trial. | 好吧 那我们就庭审 |
[19:00] | I mean, wheelchair or not, | 不管坐不坐轮椅 |
[19:02] | the guy’s high if he thinks the jury’s gonna award him | 这家伙要是以为陪审团会判给他所要的赔偿数目 |
[19:04] | anything close to what he’s asking. | 真是想得太美了 |
[19:06] | No, Kim, my client wanted to settle. | 不 金 我的客户要和平解决 |
[19:08] | You went against his wishes and my orders. | 你违背了他的意愿和我的指令 |
[19:11] | – Excuse me? – Look, trial’s not an option. | -你说什么 -审判不是好出路 |
[19:13] | Marty’s ex-wife is threatening to reopen their divorce. | 马蒂的前妻威胁要重提离婚的旧事 |
[19:16] | And if he has to turn over his finances as part of discovery, | 如果他移交财务状况 作为调查取证的一部分 |
[19:18] | it becomes public record, and his ex-wife has access. | 那就会成为公共记录 他的前妻就可以查看了 |
[19:21] | Which would obviously be a disaster for Marty. | 这对马蒂来说显然是场灾难 |
[19:24] | Well, it would have been nice to know this | 要是在和解会议之前 |
[19:25] | before our settlement conference. | 知道这点就好了 |
[19:27] | I don’t have to explain myself to you. | 我不需要向你汇报情况 |
[19:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:32] | I will try to get the case dismissed pre-discovery. | 我会尽量让案子在调查取证前结案 |
[19:35] | That way, no financials exchange hands. | 这样就不用移交财务状况报告 |
[19:38] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:44] | Teri, I need you to — | 泰丽 我要你… |
[19:46] | find grounds to get your case dismissed before it goes to trial? | 找到证据帮你结案 避免进入庭审阶段 |
[19:48] | – How do you know that? – Thank you, intercom system. | -你怎么知道的 -谢啦 内部通话系统 |
[19:52] | But that’s not important right now. | 但这不是当务之急 |
[19:54] | Oh, that Gina. She is lovely, isn’t she? | 这个吉娜 她真是可爱 是吧 |
[19:59] | Uh…look, I need you to go over every detail of this case. | 我要你查看这个案子的每一个细节 |
[20:03] | Was the walk light on the fritz? | 路灯是不是出了故障 |
[20:05] | Was there a tree obscuring the driver’s view? | 有没有树阻挡司机的视线 |
[20:08] | Anything you can get to discredit Warren’s story. | 任何可以质疑沃伦说法的细节 |
[20:10] | I’m all over it. | 我这就做 |
[20:11] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[20:16] | Veronika. | 维罗妮卡 |
[20:17] | Hey, Jane, you got to see what I found. | 简 快来看我发现了什么 |
[20:25] | I was president. | 我担任过主席 |
[20:26] | Yeah, first female president. That’s pretty cool. | 是的 第一位女主席 真酷 |
[20:29] | Wow, you haven’t changed at all. | 你一点都没变 |
[20:32] | Well, to be honest, I feel like a completely different person… | 说实话 我觉得自己完全变了个人 |
[20:34] | With much better hair. | 发质更好了 |
[20:37] | I didn’t — you know, I just found the right products. | 我没有 我只是找到了适合自己的洗发水 |
[20:40] | How did it go at EastBay? | 东湾的案子怎么样了 |
[20:41] | I talked to their child-care supervisor. | 我和他们的托儿主管谈过了 |
[20:44] | A few years ago, they had an employee named Claudia Dawson. | 几年前 一个叫克劳迪娅·道森的员工 |
[20:47] | Her child died from shaken-baby syndrome. | 她的孩子死于摇晃婴儿综合症 |
[20:50] | Now, it might not be related to methanol. | 虽然这可能与甲醇无关 |
[20:52] | But nonetheless, I’m having Teri track her down. | 但我还是让泰丽去找她了 |
[20:54] | So, any luck finding an expert witness? | 找到专家证人了吗 |
[20:56] | Every one I called has already been retained by EastBay. | 我问到的人都被东湾预聘了 |
[20:59] | Classic strategy for a deep-pocket defendant. | 这是经典的深袋辩护策略 |
[21:01] | But I’m working on a list of second-tier candidates. | 但我正在与第二梯队候选人沟通 |
[21:03] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[21:05] | So, our strategy is — | 我们的策略是 |
[21:07] | we hope for a last-minute settlement, | 希望能达成和解 |
[21:08] | but we are prepared to go all the way to verdict. | 但也做好面对法庭裁决的准备 |
[21:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:11] | Members of the Small Business Association, | 小型企业联合会的各位 |
[21:14] | honored guests, your majesty, I’m grateful to — | 尊敬的来宾们 陛下 我要感谢… |
[21:18] | – Spaghetti and meatballs. – What? | -意大利面和肉丸子 -什么 |
[21:20] | You invited me over here for lunch. | 你是请我来吃午饭的 |
[21:21] | Enough with the blah, blah, blah. | 我听够你的废话了 |
[21:23] | I want to eat, and I’m thinking Italian. | 现在我想吃饭 意式菜应该不错 |
[21:27] | I asked you to come over here | 我是请你过来 |
[21:28] | and listen to me rehearse my acceptance speech, | 听我做获奖感言排练的 |
[21:31] | and then we can go to lunch. | 然后一起吃个午饭 |
[21:32] | Forget rehearsal. | 别管排练了 |
[21:34] | A good speech is just like good sex — | 精彩的演讲就跟欢愉的性爱一样 |
[21:36] | spontaneous and performed in front of a live audience. | 你在现场观众面前自然地表现就好 |
[21:39] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[21:41] | I think you’re taking this award too seriously. | 我觉得你把这个颁奖礼看得太重了 |
[21:42] | It’s just a silly dinner. | 那只是个蠢乎乎的晚宴而已 |
[21:44] | Nope. | 才不蠢 |
[21:45] | For the first time in my life, | 这是我有生以来第一次 |
[21:47] | I am being recognized for something I did | 因为利用自己的大脑和热箱子 |
[21:49] | with my brain and my hot box. | 而得到认可 |
[21:52] | It’s what my grandma calls the oven. | 我祖母管那玩意叫做烤箱 |
[21:54] | Anyway, you don’t have to understand, | 总之 你可以不理解我 |
[21:57] | but you don’t have to be mean. | 但也不用这么嘲讽我 |
[21:59] | And you definitely don’t have to go. | 而你也不必出席了 |
[22:06] | I had no idea why William was sick. | 我不知道威廉姆为什么会生病 |
[22:08] | Methanol was a complete surprise. | 他接触甲醇完全是个意外 |
[22:10] | What is William’s prognosis? | 威廉姆的诊断结果如何 |
[22:13] | I’m hopeful, | 我还抱有希望 |
[22:14] | but it will be years before we know if any damage is permanent. | 但还要再过几年才能确认是否造成永久性伤害 |
[22:20] | Thank you, Alison. | 谢谢你 艾莉森 |
[22:24] | Ms. Thomas, your — your power was cut off in June. | 托马斯女士 你家六月断过电吗 |
[22:27] | Yes, I-I missed a payment. | 是的 我忘记付款了 |
[22:29] | So for a week, you cooked on a camping stove. | 所以你有一周时间是在用野营灶做菜 |
[22:32] | Did you know that it burns methanol fuel? | 你知道野营灶燃烧的是甲醇吗 |
[22:36] | No. | 不知道 |
[22:37] | Who’s Michael Lurie? | 麦克·劳里是谁 |
[22:39] | My boyfriend. | 我男朋友 |
[22:40] | A mechanic who works with antifreeze. | 他是个工作中会接触到防冻剂的工程师 |
[22:42] | Did you know that it contains methanol? | 你知道防冻剂里也有甲醇吗 |
[22:43] | Plaintiff stipulates to living in the real world, | 原告生活在实际世界中 |
[22:46] | which puts her in contact with trace amounts of methanol. | 必然使她有接触到甲醇的可能 |
[22:49] | There’s no point to this badgering. | 这种纠缠根本没有意义 |
[22:51] | My point is that EastBay Semiconductors | 我的重点是东湾半导体公司 |
[22:54] | is merely one possible source of methanol exposure. | 并非接触甲醇的唯一途径 |
[22:57] | And you’ve made it. Move on. | 你的观点已表明清楚 请继续 |
[23:00] | Being a single parent isn’t easy, is it? | 做单身妈妈很不容易 对吧 |
[23:02] | Money is tight. | 经济紧张 |
[23:03] | Constant stress, enormous responsibilities. | 还有持续不断的压力和巨大的责任 |
[23:07] | Everybody has their own struggles. | 但每个人都有难处 |
[23:09] | Did it ever occur to you | 你真的没有想过 |
[23:10] | to simplify your struggles with methanol? | 用甲醇来解决你的困难吗 |
[23:12] | Objection. | 反对 |
[23:14] | The implication is offensive. | 对方律师人身攻击 |
[23:18] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[23:19] | Would life be easier without your child? | 没有孩子的话 你的生活会轻松很多吧 |
[23:21] | Your Honor! | 法官大人 |
[23:22] | A-are you saying I poisoned my baby? | 你…你是说我自己给孩子下毒 |
[23:25] | Alison, you do not have to answer. | 艾莉森 你不必回答 |
[23:26] | Who the hell do you think you are?! | 你以为你是谁 |
[23:31] | Well, we all get upset, impulsive, lose our temper. | 每个人都会不安 冲动 情绪失控 |
[23:35] | I mean, look at yourself right now. | 看看你现在的样子 |
[23:36] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[23:49] | Is this really necessary? | 真的有必要这样吗 |
[23:50] | Yes, because when I went to interview the food-truck driver, | 有 因为我去访问那个食品车司机时 |
[23:53] | I got the security video | 拿到了现金兑换处 |
[23:54] | from the cash4gold place across from the truck lot. | 从对面拍到的停车场安保录像 |
[23:57] | There is your guy. | 这就是你要找的人 |
[23:59] | What’s he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[24:00] | Why’s he stopping in the middle of the road? | 他干嘛要停在路中间 |
[24:02] | Because he knows he hit his mark. | 因为他知道自己踩到点上了 |
[24:03] | That is the truck’s blind spot. | 那里是卡车的盲点 |
[24:05] | Now watch this. | 看这个 |
[24:10] | Oh, my god. He staged the accident. | 天呐 他自导自演了一出意外 |
[24:13] | Oh, yeah. There’s more. | 没错 还有呢 |
[24:14] | Pay attention to the food trucks in the background. | 注意后面的食品车 |
[24:16] | I scanned two weeks of footage. | 我看了两周内的录像 |
[24:18] | Only one truck ever left that lot, | 只有一辆车开出过车场 |
[24:20] | and Marty claims he makes 1 million dollar annually from his fleet. | 马蒂说他每年能从车队赚一百万 |
[24:24] | So how do they make all that money | 他的车都没开出过车场 |
[24:25] | if the trucks never go anywhere? | 他是怎么赚钱的呢 |
[24:27] | That is a good question. | 问得好 |
[24:28] | And another thing — | 还有件事 |
[24:29] | Marty said he didn’t want to go to court | 马蒂说他不想上法庭 |
[24:31] | because he didn’t want his ex-wife to reopen the divorce. | 因为他不想他前妻重提离婚诉讼 |
[24:34] | But his marriage was annulled. | 可他的婚姻已经无效了 |
[24:37] | So there’s no settlement to reopen. | 所以根本没有重提的问题 |
[24:39] | Exactly. So why is he afraid of court? | 没错 那他为什么害怕出庭呢 |
[24:44] | Dandelion salad. Who knew you could eat a weed? | 蒲公英沙拉 你竟然吃素了 |
[24:48] | According to the food channel, | 美食频道介绍说 |
[24:49] | urban foraging is the next big thing. | 城市采摘是新一季的流行 |
[24:51] | Oh, it’s pretty good. | 很好 |
[24:52] | But I’m out when it’s trendy to eat bugs. | 不过流行吃虫子时我肯定不跟风 |
[24:56] | Oh, hey, good news. Teri found Claudia Dawson. | 有好消息 泰丽找到克劳迪娅·道森了 |
[24:59] | Oh, the woman from EastBay | 那个女儿被查出摇晃症的 |
[25:00] | whose daughter was diagnosed with shaken baby? | 东湾公司的女员工吗 |
[25:02] | Yes. She’s agreed to meet with us. | 对 她同意见我们了 |
[25:04] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[25:06] | Hey. Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[25:08] | But get this — after court, | 但听着 庭审后 |
[25:10] | professor Daily came to see me at the clinic | 黛莉教授到医院来找我 |
[25:13] | with a settlement offer. | 提出了和解条件 |
[25:15] | $10,000. | 一万块 |
[25:17] | And they’ll cover William | 他们还会为威廉姆 |
[25:18] | under the company’s group health policy. | 支付公司的集体医疗保险 |
[25:20] | – That’s, uh — that’s a start. – Yeah. | -这算是个…不错的开始 -没错 |
[25:24] | A start? | 开始 |
[25:26] | Well, it’s way too little. | 条件太低了 |
[25:27] | But it does show that they are willing to talk. | 但确实说明他们有意和解 |
[25:30] | – Yeah. – So, good work. | -对 -所以 干得漂亮 |
[25:31] | We’ll just craft up a response. | 我们抬价回应就好 |
[25:34] | No. You don’t get it. It’s done. | 你们不理解 案子已经结束了 |
[25:38] | – What’s done? – I accepted the offer. | -什么结束了 -我接受了条件 |
[25:43] | Professor Daily put a clock on it. | 黛莉教授限时要我做出决定 |
[25:45] | What was I supposed to do? | 我还能怎么办 |
[25:46] | You come talk to us. We — we discuss it. | 来找我们啊 我们讨论一下 |
[25:49] | You said our goal was a last-minute settlement. | 你说过我们的目标是和解 |
[25:51] | I got Alison to sign. | 我让艾莉森签字了 |
[25:54] | Can we get out of it? | 能使之无效吗 |
[25:55] | It’s nearly impossible if it’s signed, which it is. | 如果签了字就几乎不可能了 确实已经签了 |
[25:59] | We were getting hammered in court. | 我们在法庭上败下阵来 |
[26:00] | It was day one. Day one. | 这才是第一天 第一天 |
[26:03] | This case was far from over, and you just gave it away. | 这个案子离结束还早 你却自己放弃了 |
[26:07] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[26:09] | I-I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:11] | Yeah, you didn’t know, and that is why professor Daily | 对 你不知道 所以黛莉教授 |
[26:14] | came to you while we were not around. | 才会在我们不在的时候来找你 |
[26:16] | How do you not see that? | 你怎么想不到这点呢 |
[26:17] | Jane. | 简 |
[26:19] | I said I’m sorry. | 我说了我很抱歉 |
[26:38] | Veronika. | 维罗妮卡 |
[26:40] | Hey, Jane. How’s it going? | 嘿 简 还好吗 |
[26:42] | I owe you an apology. | 我要向你道歉 |
[26:43] | No, you don’t. I was outplayed by professor — | 不 你不用 我被黛莉教授打败了 |
[26:46] | No, it was my job to stop her, | 不 阻止她本该是我的任务 |
[26:48] | and I let you down. | 我让你失望了 |
[26:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:50] | I got Alison to sign the deal, and now it’s over. | 是我让艾莉森签了字 案子已经结了 |
[26:53] | Maybe not. | 也许还没有 |
[26:55] | Last night, I-I kept going over the agreement. | 昨晚我反复研读了协议 |
[26:59] | Now, you made some changes in here, right? | 你对内容做了修改 对吗 |
[27:02] | Well, I got Daily to go from $9,000 to $10,000. | 我让黛莉从九千涨到了一万 |
[27:05] | Big whoop. | 没什么大不了 |
[27:06] | Actually, it is a big whoop. | 其实非常有价值 |
[27:08] | So big, in fact, | 价值非常大 |
[27:09] | That you’re going to miss class this morning, | 你今天上午得翘课了 |
[27:11] | because we have a meeting with the judge. | 因为我们得去见法官 |
[27:15] | Your Honor, defense counsel | 法官大人 辩方律师 |
[27:17] | intimidated Veronika into accepting a deal. | 恐吓了维罗妮卡才达成了协议 |
[27:19] | – I beg your pardon. – Basic classroom dynamics. | -你说什么 -最基本的课堂纪律 |
[27:22] | The professor is literally the woman who wrote the book. | 这还是教授自己写进书里的 |
[27:27] | You know what this reminds me of? | 知道这让我想起了什么吗 |
[27:28] | When I was a struggling model | 我还是个苦苦挣扎的小模特时 |
[27:30] | and I was waiting tables at Swingers, | 在新潮者当侍应生 |
[27:32] | guess who sat in my section. | 猜猜谁在我负责的那区 |
[27:34] | Guess. It was someone big. | 猜猜 是个大人物哟 |
[27:36] | Madeleine Albright. | 玛德莱娜·奥尔布莱特 |
[27:37] | Close. No. Heidi Klum. | 很接近 不过不是 是海蒂·克拉姆 |
[27:40] | I worshipped her. | 我超迷她 |
[27:42] | I messed up her order three times because she intimidated me | 一看见她那粉颈贝齿 我就魂不守舍 |
[27:47] | with her long neck and perfect teeth. | 结果弄错了三次菜单 |
[27:48] | I fail to see the relevance. | 这和本案有何关系呢 |
[27:50] | Then you’re not looking hard enough. | 一看你就没认真听我说 |
[27:51] | See, professor Daily doesn’t spend time at the legal clinic, | 很明显 黛莉教授对法律诊所没上心 |
[27:54] | so she may not be familiar with The State Bar rule 3.6. | 所以她对加州律师协会3.6号规定并不熟悉 |
[27:59] | Veronika. | 维罗妮卡 |
[28:00] | Students can negotiate agreements | 学生有权商定协议 |
[28:02] | but cannot draft them | 却无权起草协议 |
[28:03] | without having their supervising attorney approve their work. | 除非有指导律师批准 |
[28:07] | But a student didn’t draft it. I did. | 但这不是学生起草的 是我做的 |
[28:09] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[28:10] | Most of it… | 大部分是的 |
[28:11] | Except here, here, and here. | 除了这里 这里 还有这里 |
[28:16] | It’s Veronika’s handwriting. | 这是维罗妮卡的笔迹 |
[28:17] | Yeah, but those are cosmetic. | 好吧 可那不过是些表面工作 |
[28:18] | Well, like I always say, | 正如我常说的一句话 |
[28:20] | Never underestimate the power of cosmetics. | 绝对不要小瞧化妆品的力量 |
[28:23] | Did you approve those changes? | 你同意那些变更吗 |
[28:24] | I did not. | 不同意 |
[28:25] | I’m afraid Ms. Bingum is correct. | 恐怕宾格温小姐说得对 |
[28:27] | I’m tossing the agreement. The trial is back on. | 协议作废 审判继续进行 |
[28:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[28:39] | Teri. | 泰丽 |
[28:41] | Are you sure she’s gone? | 你确定她走了吗 |
[28:43] | Gina has a 4:00 p.m. waxing, | 吉娜下午四点要去蜡疗脱毛 |
[28:44] | and she missed her last two appointments. | 而且她已经有两次预约没去了 |
[28:46] | It’s gonna be a while. | 所以得脱好一会呢 |
[28:47] | Did you find anything? | 那你有什么发现没 |
[28:49] | Marty’s corporate tax returns. | 我看了马蒂的企业纳税申报表 |
[28:50] | Holdings include food, trucks, | 所有财产包括食品店 货运公司 |
[28:52] | car washes, and laundromats. | 洗车店 还有自助洗衣店 |
[28:53] | All cash businesses. | 全是现金交易 |
[28:55] | Yeah. Interesting, right? | 没错 有意思吧 |
[28:57] | Yeah. I have to talk to Parker. | 是 我得告诉帕克 |
[28:58] | Kim, I want to get rid of this woman. | 金 我想把这个女人赶走 |
[29:00] | Teri, for once, you and I are on the same page. | 泰丽 难得这一次你我看法相同 |
[29:14] | Stacy Barrett. | 史黛西·巴奈特 |
[29:16] | I’m nominated for best new business, perishables. | 我得到了最佳新企业奖 易腐商品类提名 |
[29:19] | Congratulations. You won. | 恭喜 你获奖了 |
[29:23] | Here’s your drink coupon. | 这是你的饮酒券 |
[29:25] | What? I won? | 什么 我获奖了 |
[29:27] | Well, do the other nominees know? | 其他候选人知道吗 |
[29:30] | Everyone’s a winner, sweetheart. | 宝贝 提名就有奖 |
[29:33] | Wow. That’s a lot of speeches. | 那岂不是有很多人要做获奖感言 |
[29:36] | Listen, sunshine, this ain’t the Oscars. | 小丫头 这可不是奥斯卡 |
[29:39] | It’s appetizers with local business owners, networking. | 这不过是给本地企业提供一个社交平台 |
[29:43] | And I wouldn’t dawdle if I were you. | 所以赶紧去社交吧 |
[29:45] | Ike from Keys ‘r Us can sock away those egg rolls. | 要不蛋卷可就都被”钥唯我”的艾克吃光了 |
[29:52] | Marty’s diverse holdings are cash businesses, | 马蒂的各类持有财产都是现金业务 |
[29:55] | but they’re basically dormant. | 可基本都停滞了 |
[29:57] | Any profits? | 有何好处 |
[29:58] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[30:00] | So we’re looking at classic money laundering. | 我们这是遇到典型的洗钱活动了 |
[30:02] | He cleans dirty cash by declaring it as income | 他将赃款宣称为正当生意收入所得 |
[30:04] | for legit businesses. | 把钱洗干净 |
[30:06] | That’s why he’s afraid of trial. | 所以他害怕上庭 |
[30:07] | Open his books, and his criminal activity is exposed. | 一旦上庭 他的罪行准要曝光 |
[30:10] | – Have you confronted Gina? – Are you crazy? | -你跟吉娜谈过没有 -你疯了吧 |
[30:12] | She knows exactly what he’s doing. | 她从一开始就知情 |
[30:13] | That’s why she advised him to pay half a million dollars | 所以她才让他付五十万 |
[30:16] | to settle a nuisance suit out of court. | 在庭外私了这件事 |
[30:18] | Look, the firm needs to withdraw | 我们必须要立即撤销 |
[30:21] | from representing Marty immediately. | 对马蒂的代理 |
[30:23] | You know that’s almost impossible | 你也知道案件一旦开始 |
[30:24] | once a case is under way. | 撤销几乎是不可能的 |
[30:26] | And if we did, | 要是我们非要撤销 |
[30:27] | Marty and Gina would know that we’re onto them. | 马蒂和吉娜一定会知道我们知情 |
[30:29] | Well, what do you suggest? | 那你打算怎么办 |
[30:30] | Once Warren drops the case against Marty, | 一旦沃伦放弃起诉马蒂 |
[30:32] | I’ll find a way to get rid of Gina…quietly. | 我就找机会辞退吉娜 要避人耳目 |
[30:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:39] | Just don’t wait too long or we all look dirty. | 别耗太久 到时惹得一身骚 |
[30:49] | Did I miss your speech? | 我错过你的获奖感言了吗 |
[30:53] | There were no speeches. | 没有获奖感言 |
[30:55] | You were right. It’s just a stupid event. | 你说得对 这就是场傻气的活动罢了 |
[30:57] | No, the only thing I got was a drink coupon | 也不全是 好歹我还得到张饮酒券 |
[31:00] | and a piece of plastic. | 和一个塑料奖杯 |
[31:02] | I got dressed up for nothing. | 我这么盛装打扮为了什么呢 |
[31:05] | Hold on a minute. | 等我一会 |
[31:09] | Phyllis? | 菲利斯 |
[31:10] | Hi. Lovely name. | 你好 名字真好听 |
[31:12] | Listen, the crowd’s getting a little bit restless, | 你看 人群现在有点焦躁不安 |
[31:15] | and we really want to hear from the winners. | 我们都想听听获奖者感言 |
[31:17] | Now, I’m hoping you’ll start with Ms. Barrett. | 我希望你能从巴奈特小姐开始 |
[31:20] | She’s got some inspiring words to share. | 她有些慷慨激昂的话不得不说 |
[31:23] | Look, dimples, we don’t do speeches. | 酒窝美男 我们没有获奖感言这项 |
[31:26] | But…have another drink coupon. | 不过 可以再给你张饮酒券 |
[31:29] | Soon as I get rid of them, I get to go home. | 这玩意发光了 我才能回家 |
[31:32] | Wow, Phyllis! | 是吗 菲利斯 |
[31:33] | I couldn’t agree with you more! | 你说得太对了 |
[31:35] | Best new business, perishables, is a huge honor! | 最佳新企业奖 易腐商品类 至上荣耀啊 |
[31:39] | And I have had the good fortune to witness Stacy Barrett | 我十分荣幸能见证史黛西·巴奈特 |
[31:43] | bring to life a delicious new perishable… | 带给我们一道新式美味食品 |
[31:46] | Out of nothing, | 从无到有 |
[31:47] | other than her own imagination, Stacy has invented the pake — | 史黛西用她出色的想象力发明了派糕 |
[31:52] | A pie and a cake in one dish. | 派与蛋糕融于一体的派糕 |
[31:56] | So, Phyllis, I’d like to thank you | 所以 菲利斯 我要谢谢你 |
[31:57] | and The Hollywood Small Business Association | 还有好莱坞小企业协会 |
[32:00] | for recognizing Stacy. | 发掘了史黛西 |
[32:01] | It’s like a dream come true…for her. | 对她而言 简直像梦想成真一般 |
[32:13] | I was working at EastBay in their clean room | 医生说我的孩子不再增重时 |
[32:16] | when my doctor said my baby wasn’t gaining weight. | 我正在东湾洁净室工作 |
[32:19] | Then one night, he stopped…moving. | 然后晚上 孩子就不动了 |
[32:23] | I called 911. | 我报了警 |
[32:26] | After he died, the police arrested me, | 孩子死后 警察就拘捕了我 |
[32:29] | said I shook him to death. | 说孩子被我摇晃致死 |
[32:31] | They wouldn’t even let me go to his funeral. | 他们甚至不让我参加孩子的葬礼 |
[32:33] | Ms. Dawson, I’m sure this is incredibly difficult. | 道森女士 我知道这对你来说很艰难 |
[32:38] | Can I ask — was an autopsy performed? | 我能问一下 孩子接受过尸检吗 |
[32:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[32:42] | It wasn’t shaken baby. It was methanol poisoning. | 孩子并非死于摇晃 而是甲醇中毒 |
[32:47] | And I didn’t understand it. | 我不太理解这是怎么回事 |
[32:49] | Then I got a visit from a woman, | 然后就有一个女人来访 |
[32:51] | said she worked for EastBay, offered me money… | 说她在东湾工作 要给我一笔钱 |
[32:56] | for my loss. | 补偿我 |
[32:59] | That’s so awful. | 太可怕了 |
[33:02] | I think your story will help our client and her son. | 我想你的事会对我们委托人和她儿子有帮助 |
[33:05] | We can prove that the company knew the risks of methanol exposure. | 我们能证实公司对甲醇暴露存在风险一事知情 |
[33:10] | No, I can’t say any of this in court. | 不 我不能上庭作证 |
[33:14] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[33:15] | I signed an agreement with a confidentiality provision. | 我签署过一份含有保密条款的协议 |
[33:20] | Can I see that? | 我能看看吗 |
[33:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:26] | Want to guess who EastBay’s lawyer was? | 猜猜东湾的律师是谁 |
[33:31] | Professor Daily. | 黛莉教授 |
[33:34] | Following a public disclosure, | 假如公开事实 |
[33:35] | Claudia would have to refund the entire settlement, | 克劳迪娅除要退还全部赔款外 |
[33:37] | plus pay $1 million in liquidated damages. | 还要支付一百万美元违约金 |
[33:40] | Claudia, provisions like these are rarely enforceable. | 克劳迪娅 此类条款基本不具备法律效力 |
[33:43] | I have three other children. I can’t risk it. | 我还有三个孩子 我不能冒险 |
[33:46] | But what about William and Alison? | 那威廉姆和艾莉森怎么办 |
[33:48] | I’m…sorry for them. | 我很同情他们 |
[33:52] | I can’t testify. | 可我不能作证 |
[34:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:08] | Oh, a little late-night caffeine fix? | 要用深夜咖啡提神吗 |
[34:10] | Absolutely. This one is for you. | 当然了 给你一杯 |
[34:12] | Dark roast with vanilla and chocolate. | 香草和巧克力深度烘焙咖啡 |
[34:15] | I used to drink that in law school. | 我过去在法律学校常喝 |
[34:16] | When cramming for finals. | 期末考试熬夜必备 |
[34:19] | – Yeah. – Anyway, it’s gonna be a really late night. | -对 -反正今晚是要熬到深夜了 |
[34:22] | We need to find another way to prove that EastBay | 我们得另辟蹊径来证明东湾 |
[34:25] | was on notice about the methanol exposure. | 完全意识到了接触甲醇的危害 |
[34:31] | Something in the water up here? | 难道学校的水里被下迷情药了吗 |
[34:36] | Uh…Full Moon on the Quad is Stanford tradition. | “圆月方院”是斯坦福的传统 |
[34:41] | Kissing under the full moon. | 在月圆之夜接吻 |
[34:46] | God, I miss college. | 天呐 我真想念大学 |
[34:47] | come on! It’s a full moon. | 来吧 这可是满月 |
[34:50] | Kiss the girl closest to you. | 吻你身边的女孩吧 |
[34:51] | Actually, we’re just — | 实际上 我们只是 |
[34:53] | – Do it. – Kiss her already! | -快点 -吻她啊 |
[35:06] | Jane. | 简 |
[35:09] | Jane! | 简 |
[35:10] | I know how to get the jury | 我知道怎么让陪审团 |
[35:12] | to hear everything Claudia told us. | 听取克劳迪娅向我们提供的证词了 |
[35:13] | How? | 该怎么办 |
[35:15] | I found a new witness. | 我找到了一位新证人 |
[35:16] | They can’t call me as an expert witness. | 他们不能将我作为专家证人 |
[35:18] | I’m opposing counsel! | 我是对方律师 |
[35:20] | Evidence Code section 700 — | 根据《证据法典》第700条 |
[35:21] | Except as otherwise provided, | 除非在本条款中另行规定 |
[35:23] | no person is disqualified to testify to any matter. | 在任何情况下 任何人都不可被剥夺作证权利 |
[35:26] | Ms. Bingum is technically correct, | 宾格温小姐在理论上是对的 |
[35:27] | But I warn you, Ms. Bingum — | 但我得警告你 宾格温小姐 |
[35:29] | You may not ask anything privileged. | 你不得针对任何保密信息发问 |
[35:31] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[35:32] | We call Professor Daily to the stand, | 如果我方传黛莉教授出庭作证 |
[35:34] | And my co-counsel, Veronika Kramer, | 我的协理律师 维罗妮卡·克莱默 |
[35:36] | will be questioning the witness. | 会代我向其发问 |
[35:41] | Please state your name. | 请告知你的姓名 |
[35:42] | Ellen Daily. | 艾伦·黛莉 |
[35:44] | Ms. Daily, what is your occupation? | 黛莉小姐 你从事什么职业 |
[35:46] | I’m your torts professor. | 我是你的民事侵权行为教授 |
[35:48] | And you also have a private practice. | 你还是一位私人执业律师 |
[35:51] | And this isn’t the first time | 这不是你第一次 |
[35:53] | that you’ve represented EastBay, is it? | 代理东湾公司了 对吧 |
[35:55] | No. | 对 |
[35:56] | In fact, three years ago, | 事实上 三年前 |
[35:57] | didn’t you represent them in settlement negotiations | 你就代表他们参与了和解谈判 |
[36:00] | with an employee whose child died | 案件涉及一位员工的孩子 |
[36:02] | after drinking methanol-tainted breast milk? | 因饮用受甲醇污染的母乳而身亡 |
[36:05] | If that were true, it would be privileged. | 如果事情属实 这应属于保密范畴 |
[36:07] | Now, Professor Daily knows | 黛莉教授显然清楚 |
[36:09] | that privilege is waived by disclosure to a third party. | 一旦将信息透露给第三方 则代表放弃保密权 |
[36:12] | And to which third party did I disclose this information? | 我将此信息透露给哪个第三方了 |
[36:16] | Every student who’s read your book… | 每个阅读过你书作的学生 |
[36:19] | “General Principles of Tort Law.” | 《民事侵权法的一般原则》 |
[36:21] | On page 108, you write about a settlement | 在书的第108页 你提到一场和解 |
[36:24] | between a silicon-wafer company and its employee. | 涉及到一家硅片公司及其员工 |
[36:26] | A citation for educational purposes. | 这是一则带有教育目的的引例 |
[36:29] | No names were used, but the passage includes | 虽未提及名称 但文章中包含大量相关内容 |
[36:31] | enough identifying information to qualify as disclosure. | 足已构成透露保密信息的事实 |
[36:33] | Privilege protects private information, but in her book, | 保密权可对隐私信息进行保护 但在书中 |
[36:37] | Professor Daily makes that information public. | 黛莉教授将该信息公之于众 |
[36:39] | Your honor, I object to this line of questioning. | 法官大人 我反对该项提问 |
[36:42] | Objection overruled. | 反对无效 |
[36:43] | The witness will answer the question. | 请证人回答该问题 |
[36:47] | Yes, I negotiated that settlement. | 是的 我参与了该次和解 |
[36:51] | Isn’t it true that EastBay was aware | 东湾公司是不是已经意识到 |
[36:54] | that methanol in their clean room | 洁净室中的甲醇 |
[36:55] | sickens the children of nursing mothers? | 会导致哺乳期母亲的后代患病 |
[36:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:59] | And did you advise your client | 你是否有建议你的委托人 |
[37:01] | to substitute a safer chemical? | 改用更为安全的化学药品 |
[37:05] | Yes. | 有 |
[37:06] | And did they? | 他们采纳了吗 |
[37:09] | Not to my knowledge. | 据我所知没有 |
[37:14] | Thank you. Nothing further, your honor. | 谢谢 讯问完毕 法官大人 |
[37:25] | Ms. Kaswell, it’s gonna be a great day. | 卡斯维小姐 今天一定会很精彩 |
[37:28] | I can feel it. | 我能感觉到 |
[37:29] | You sure you want to go through with this? | 你真的想对簿公堂吗 |
[37:31] | I’ve been counting down the hours. | 我已经迫不及待了 |
[37:33] | Warren, before we go in, | 沃伦 我们上庭之前 |
[37:34] | I think you should take a look at this. | 你应该看看这个 |
[37:39] | Because I don’t think crying on cue is gonna help. | 我觉得现场挤眼泪没什么用处 |
[37:45] | I’ll drop the suit. | 我撤诉 |
[37:47] | Yeah, you will. | 如我所料 |
[37:48] | Oh, before you, uh, roll on out of here, | 在你”滚”出法院之前 |
[37:51] | the D.A. is gonna want to ask you a few questions. | 地检官要问你几个问题 |
[37:53] | Nobody likes a fraud. | 骗子从来不招人待见 |
[37:56] | You’re right, Warren — it is gonna be a great day. | 你说得对 沃伦 今天一定会很精彩 |
[38:02] | Kim, you’re going in the wrong direction. | 金 你走错方向了 |
[38:03] | Case dismissed. You’re welcome. | 案件撤消了 不用客气 |
[38:14] | Hey, Veronika. | 维罗妮卡 |
[38:15] | – Jane. – Hi. | -简 -你好 |
[38:16] | I just came to say goodbye. | 我只是来向你道个别 |
[38:19] | I just spoke with Alison. | 我刚跟艾莉森聊过 |
[38:20] | Oh. And with the money we got them, | 利用我们为他们赢得的赔偿金 |
[38:22] | William will get his treatment | 威廉姆就能接受治疗了 |
[38:23] | and Alison’s gonna go back to school. | 艾莉森也可以重返校园 |
[38:25] | That’s amazing, right? | 这简直太棒了 |
[38:27] | That’s one word for it. | 说得没错 |
[38:29] | Professor. | 教授 |
[38:31] | You weren’t in class this morning. | 你今早没去上课 |
[38:32] | I know. I-I was with our client. I’m sorry. | 我知道 我当时跟委托人在一起 抱歉 |
[38:35] | Don’t be. Nice work in there, counselor. | 不必道歉 你在庭上的表现很棒 律师 |
[38:40] | I didn’t see it coming. | 出乎我所料 |
[38:42] | And, Jane, nice to see you again. | 简 很高兴再次见到你 |
[38:45] | Impressive, as always. | 你还是一如既往地出色 |
[38:59] | Best New Business, Perishables. I got a trophy! | 最佳新企业奖易腐商品类 我拿到奖杯啦 |
[39:03] | Congratulations! | 恭喜恭喜 |
[39:05] | – I’m proud of you. – Thank you. | -我真为你骄傲 -谢谢 |
[39:07] | It was an amazing night. | 今晚简直太精彩了 |
[39:09] | Okay, now, tell me about your trip, | 好了 跟我说说你的斯坦福之旅 |
[39:11] | but leave out all the boring legal stuff. | 不过那些无聊的法律事务就不要提了 |
[39:14] | Grayson and I almost kissed. | 格雷森和我差点接吻了 |
[39:16] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[39:18] | I know. I know. Hold on. | 我知道 等等 |
[39:20] | Wait. Almost? | 等等 什么叫差点 |
[39:22] | Okay, so, there was a full moon. | 当时是月圆之夜 |
[39:24] | – And at Stanford, there’s this kissing tradition. – Go on. | -在斯坦福有个接吻习俗 -接着说 |
[39:28] | So, he looked me in the eye, | 于是他就注视着我的双眼 |
[39:31] | and I swear he was gonna kiss me. | 我敢保证他已经打算要吻我了 |
[39:35] | But? | 但是呢 |
[39:37] | But we got interrupted, and then the moment was gone. | 但是我们被打断了 情绪没了 |
[39:42] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[39:45] | Well, sweetie, there will be another full moon next month, | 亲爱的 下个月还会有满月 |
[39:48] | And you can take Grayson back to Stanford and — | 你可以带格雷森重回斯坦福 |
[39:51] | – And try it all over again. – No. | -原景重现 -不要 |
[39:55] | During this trip, | 在这次旅途中 |
[39:56] | he had every opportunity to make a move. | 他有很多机会采取进一步行动 |
[39:59] | I mean, we slept in the same room, | 我们睡在同一间房 |
[40:01] | and we ate at this really romantic restaurant. And… | 我们还在一家非常浪漫的餐厅进餐 |
[40:07] | Nothing. | 什么都没发生 |
[40:10] | As much as… | 尽管 |
[40:12] | I do — I really want Grayson to kiss me — | 我非常希望和格雷森接吻 |
[40:17] | It’s got to be for a better reason than a full moon. | 但我要等到一个比满月更成熟的时机 |
[40:21] | And I don’t think that’s ever gonna happen. | 但我觉得再也没有这样的机会了 |
[40:32] | Will you excuse me? | 我先失陪一下 |
[40:34] | I, uh — I forgot that I left my, um, trophy in the car, | 我把奖杯落到车里了 |
[40:39] | And — and I want you to see it. | 我想拿给你看 |
[40:40] | Yes! | 好啊 |
[40:41] | – So I-I’ll be right back. – Okay. | -我去去就回 -好 |
[40:45] | Grayson Kent, what is going on between you and Jane? | 格雷森·肯特 你和简之间是怎么回事 |
[40:48] | What? | 什么 |
[40:49] | When she came back from Italy, | 她从意大利回来之后 |
[40:50] | you told me you had feelings for her. | 你跟我说你对她有好感 |
[40:52] | You went to Stanford, you spent three days with her, | 你们携手去了斯坦福 你跟她待了三天 |
[40:55] | and now she thinks you’ll never be interested. | 而现在她觉得你对她失去兴趣了 |
[40:57] | She said that? | 她是这么说的吗 |
[40:59] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[41:00] | Look, right now, I need to be her friend, | 现在 我要作为朋友陪她 |
[41:02] | not the rebound guy. | 而不是帮她忘却情伤的炮灰 |
[41:04] | Normally, I would agree, | 一般情况下我会同意你的说法 |
[41:05] | but I say if you really have feelings for her, | 但我觉得如果你真对她有好感 |
[41:09] | go and make your move. | 就赶紧行动 |
[41:15] | – Hey, you got a minute? – Sure. | -你现在有空吗 -有啊 |
[41:18] | There’s something I wanted to tell you up at Stanford, | 在斯坦福的时候 我有些话想跟你说 |
[41:21] | but wasn’t sure of the timing. | 但不确定时机是否合适 |
[41:23] | What’s that? | 什么事 |
[41:25] | I’ve been thinking about this for a long time, | 这件事我已经考虑了很久了 |
[41:27] | – And the thing is — – FBI. | -那就是… -联调局 |
[41:30] | Sir, ma’am, I need you in the lobby. | 先生 女士 请你们到大厅去 |
[41:32] | – For what? – Now. | -为什么 -马上 |
[41:33] | Oh, my… | 天啊 |
[41:38] | Kim. | 金 |
[41:40] | I don’t know. | 我什么都不知道 |
[41:44] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[41:45] | No idea. | 摸不着头脑 |
[41:52] | Are the offices all clear? | 办公室里都没人了吗 |
[41:53] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[41:54] | All right, listen up. | 好了 各位听好 |
[41:55] | You’re all under arrest for violation of the Federal RICO Act — | 你们因触犯联邦诈骗操纵和贿赂组织法 |
[41:58] | Conspiracy to launder money. | 涉嫌共谋洗钱罪全部被捕 |
[42:00] | The offices of Harrison & Parker are officially closed. | 哈里森·帕克律所正式关闭 |