时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that inspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | And the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Luke. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使卢克 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | …and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:50] | sumenq | 今 |
[00:54] | Can we please talk about what’s going on with you? | 我们能聊聊你到底怎么了吗 |
[00:57] | Uh, what’s going on with me? | 我怎么了 |
[00:59] | You had your heart broken. | 你心碎了 |
[01:01] | Your fiance told you | 你未婚夫告诉你 |
[01:02] | He was going to seattle to see his friend, | 他去了西雅图见朋友 |
[01:04] | but that was a lie and now we have no idea where he’s gone. | 但是他说了谎 而他现在去向不明 |
[01:10] | Why are you defending him? | 你为什么要维护他 |
[01:13] | Because I love him. | 因为我爱他 |
[01:14] | Well, I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation. | 他肯定有合理的解释 |
[01:14] | – Sweetie – No. Do not “Sweetie” me. | -亲爱的 -别用那种语气叫我”亲爱的” |
[01:17] | Owen asked me to be his wife, | 欧文向我求了婚 |
[01:19] | and I have to believe that he actually meant it. | 我必须相信这出自他真心 |
[01:21] | So, I could really use some support. | 所以 我真的需要你的支持 |
[01:24] | Okay. I’m sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[01:26] | Whatever you need. | 你需要什么都好 |
[01:28] | Ooh! As your supportive friend, I bet that’s Owen. | 作为支持你的朋友 我打赌是欧文 |
[01:35] | I was wrong. It’s your mom. | 我错了 是你妈妈 |
[01:37] | Mnh-mnh. Jane’s mom. | 简的妈妈 |
[01:42] | Mom! | 妈 |
[01:44] | Is everything okay? | 一切都还好吗 |
[01:46] | With me? Fabulous! | 你说我吗 好极了 |
[01:49] | But…something is wrong with you. | 但是 你不太好 |
[01:53] | Did you call her? | 你给她打电话了吗 |
[01:54] | No, I swear. | 我发誓没有 |
[01:55] | It’s 9:00 a.m. And you still have your robe on. | 已经早上九点了 你还穿着睡袍 |
[01:57] | Oh, my god, Janie. What’s going on? | 天啊 简宝 发生了什么 |
[02:00] | How’s Owen? | 欧文怎么样 |
[02:01] | Oh, we don’t know. We can’t find him. | 不知道 我们找不到他 |
[02:03] | What do you mean you can’t find him? | 什么叫”找不到他” |
[02:04] | Your fiance is missing? | 你未婚夫失踪了 |
[02:05] | No. It’s fine. Everything is fine. It’s fine. | 没有的事 没事 一切都很好 |
[02:09] | Why are you here? | 你来干嘛 |
[02:10] | Remember Chloe Surnow — little girl you used to babysit for? | 记得克洛伊·苏诺吗 你做保姆那家的小姑娘 |
[02:13] | Well, she’s now 16 and in a bit of trouble. | 她现在16岁了 惹了点小麻烦 |
[02:18] | Oh, my god. Are you talking about Chloe “The Crusher”? | 天啊 你说的是”毁灭者”克洛伊吗 |
[02:23] | Okay, she’s on the swim team. | 她加入了游泳队 |
[02:25] | And when another girl came up for air — | 当时一个姑娘浮上来换气 |
[02:26] | Bam! — she crushed her skull and killed her. | 她砸碎她的头骨 弄死了她 |
[02:29] | Allegedly. | 据说如此 |
[02:30] | Well, it’s been all over the news. | 新闻上铺天盖地都是 |
[02:31] | Chloe’s mom just fired their public defender. | 克洛伊的妈妈刚刚炒掉了他们的公设辩护律师 |
[02:34] | Jane, Chloe’s innocent. | 简 克洛伊是无辜的 |
[02:36] | She really, really needs your help. | 她真的非常需要你的帮助 |
[02:38] | I-I’m really busy right now. I can recommend — | 我现在很忙 我可以推荐 |
[02:40] | You were so close to Chloe. | 你以前和克洛伊非常亲近 |
[02:42] | When her father took off, you weren’t just her babysitter. | 她父亲出走之后 你不仅仅是她的保姆 |
[02:44] | You were her best friend. | 你是她最好的朋友 |
[02:46] | Oh, and Chloe’s mom asked me | 克洛伊的妈妈让我 |
[02:49] | to apologize for the argument the two of you had years ago. | 就你们俩几年前的不愉快向你道歉 |
[02:53] | – What argument? – It’s not important. | -什么不愉快 -那不重要 |
[02:55] | Jane… she needs your help. | 简 她需要你的帮助 |
[02:59] | I don’t ask for much. | 我要求的又不多 |
[03:08] | Where the hell’s Bingum? | 宾格温哪去了 |
[03:09] | I’m sure she’ll be here any minute. | 她肯定马上就到了 |
[03:11] | I hear Owen dumped her. | 我听说欧文抛弃了她 |
[03:12] | She’s probably at home listening to “I Will Survive” on a loop. | 她大概自己在家单曲循环听《我撑得住》呢 |
[03:16] | I’m so sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[03:17] | I had a — a visitor this morning. | 我早上 有访客 |
[03:20] | Was it Owen? | 是欧文吗 |
[03:22] | I’m sorry. You are? | 不好意思 你是哪位 |
[03:24] | Oh. Gina Blunt. It’s nice to meet you. | 吉娜·布朗特 很高兴见到你 |
[03:26] | Gina and I are old friends from law school. | 吉娜是我法学院的老朋友 |
[03:29] | She’s considering making a significant loan to Harrison & Parker. | 她正在考虑借一大笔钱给我们律所 |
[03:33] | Okay. Uh, we have a creditor — Luke. | 好吧 我们已经有债权人了 卢克 |
[03:40] | Yes, we do. | 没错 |
[03:41] | But as an attorney, Gina understands our business model | 但是吉娜身为律师 比那个空手道小子 |
[03:43] | better than the karate kid. | 更清楚我们的商业模式 |
[03:48] | Uh, well, admit it, Parker. | 承认吧 帕克 |
[03:50] | Luke’s getting on your nerves. | 卢克让你很不爽 |
[03:51] | This morning, I found him in my office | 今天早上 我发现他在我办公室 |
[03:52] | playing twister with the paralegals. | 和助理律师玩”扭扭乐” |
[03:54] | I’m hoping Gina will buy out Luke, | 我希望吉娜能买下卢克的所有股份 |
[03:57] | Does Luke know about this? | 卢克知道吗 |
[03:59] | Well, there’s no need to alert him, until Gina commits. | 在吉娜点头前 没必要提前通知他 |
[04:01] | In the meantime, I’ve signed a nondisclosure agreement, | 同时 我已经签下了保密协定 |
[04:01] | which is permissible under our agreement. | 这在我们的协议中是容许的 |
[04:03] | so nothing is off limits. | 所以一切都可以跟我说 |
[04:08] | Excuse the interruption. | 不好意思打断你们 |
[04:09] | Jane, your client is here — | 简 你的客户到了 |
[04:11] | – the ones your mom sent over. – Great. | -你妈妈介绍的那个 -很好 |
[04:13] | Hi, Gina. Remember me? | 你好 吉娜 记得我吗 |
[04:15] | ‘Cause I remember you. | 因为我记得你 |
[04:18] | Burn in hell. | 去死吧你 |
[04:23] | Excuse me. I, uh…I got to go. | 不好意思 我得走了 |
[04:26] | Gina, I’m so sorry about that. | 吉娜 我真的很抱歉 |
[04:27] | No. It’s fine. | 没事 |
[04:28] | I know Teri from back when I was a partner at Walkey & Stein. | 我还是沃尔基·斯坦律所的合伙人时就认识泰丽 |
[04:31] | She blames me for something that I didn’t do, | 她因为一些莫须有的事情对我怀恨在心 |
[04:32] | But I won’t hold that against you. | 但是我不会因此而迁怒你 |
[04:37] | You want to talk about what just happened in there? | 想告诉我刚发生了什么吗 |
[04:38] | I hate that woman. | 我憎恶那女人 |
[04:39] | Yeah. You made that quite clear. | 对 你表达得挺清楚的 |
[04:42] | I put Chloe Surnow’s file on your desk. | 克洛伊·苏诺的卷宗我已经放你桌上了 |
[04:44] | But before you go inside, can we talk about Owen? | 但你进办公室之前 我们能聊聊欧文吗 |
[04:47] | – No. But I appreciate your concern. – Jane. | -不能 但谢谢你的关心 -简 |
[04:50] | Do not “Jane” me. | 别用那种语气叫我名字 |
[04:53] | Now, I’m going to go in there, put on a smiley face, | 现在 我要走进办公室 挂上微笑 |
[04:55] | and talk to a 16-year-old girl accused of murder. | 去和那个被控谋杀的姑娘谈一谈 |
[05:00] | You look well, Jane. | 你看上去不错 简 |
[05:01] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:03] | Mrs. Surnow. | 苏诺夫人 |
[05:05] | Peg. | 叫我佩格 |
[05:06] | Of course — Peg. | 当然当然 佩格 |
[05:07] | You know, I’m sure that we have so much to catch up on, | 我知道我们太需要叙叙旧了 |
[05:10] | so why don’t we just focus on the case? | 所以不如先只关注案件 |
[05:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:14] | Uh, Brittney Hollis was killed at 5:27, | 布兰妮·霍里斯于凌晨5点27被杀 |
[05:18] | the night before she was supposed to testify against Chloe | 就在她将出席高中行为准则听证会 |
[05:20] | at a high-school honor-code hearing. | 指证克洛伊的前一夜 |
[05:22] | I was accused of cheating on my A.P. history test. | 我被指控在美国史考试中作弊 |
[05:25] | But it was bogus. Brittney made it all up. | 但是那是捏造的 是布兰妮编造的 |
[05:27] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要那么做 |
[05:28] | Because Brittney was a bitch. | 因为布兰妮是个贱人 |
[05:30] | Michelle! | 米歇尔 |
[05:31] | She needs to know. | 她得知情 |
[05:32] | Brittney and I were on the swim team. | 布兰妮和我都加入了游泳队 |
[05:34] | Next week is the interstate finals, | 下周就是洲际游泳赛决赛了 |
[05:35] | And only the top swimmer in each category gets to go. | 每个组别的第一名次才能去参赛 |
[05:39] | We’re both freestyle, and I’m a few tenths faster. | 我们都是自由泳 而且我比她快那么一点 |
[05:42] | And cheating is instant grounds for getting kicked off the team. | 而一旦考试作弊会立刻被游泳队开除 |
[05:45] | So, Brittney would have gotten her spot. | 那样布兰妮就能获得参赛机会 |
[05:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:50] | Two hours after that girl was killed, | 那姑娘被害后2小时之后 |
[05:52] | The police came to our house and hauled off half our stuff. | 警察到我们家 拖走了我家一半的东西 |
[05:55] | And then they charged her as a minor | 现在他们以未成年犯罪指控她 |
[05:58] | and offered two years in juvie, but she’s innocent. | 并判她在少管所服刑两年 但她是无辜的 |
[06:01] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[06:05] | Uh, would you mind just giving us a moment? | 您能先回避一下吗 |
[06:07] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[06:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:09] | We’ll be right outside. | 我们在外面等 |
[06:12] | Michelle. | 米歇尔 |
[06:18] | I’ve missed you so much. | 我好想你 |
[06:20] | I-I’ve missed you, too. | 我也是 |
[06:23] | I know you had to stop calling | 我知道你因为和我妈妈闹翻了 |
[06:25] | because of the falling out you had with my mom. | 所以不再打电话过来 |
[06:29] | And I understand. I’m not mad. | 我很理解你 我并不生气 |
[06:32] | Um…okay. | 好吧 |
[06:34] | Uh…so, it says here when you were arrested | 上面说到你被逮捕时 |
[06:37] | that they found several scratches on your arms. | 手臂上有几处抓痕 |
[06:40] | I volunteer at an animal hospital. | 我在动物医院做志愿者 |
[06:42] | T-they were from a cat. | 是被一只猫抓的 |
[06:44] | And they also found two drops of Brittney’s blood on your pants? | 你的裤子上还被检出了两滴布兰妮的血液 |
[06:48] | Back in February, before this all happened, | 在这一切发生之前 二月的时候 |
[06:50] | the swim team was in Santa Clarita for a meet. | 游泳队在圣克莱塔有场比赛 |
[06:53] | On the bus, Brittney got a nosebleed. | 布兰妮在大巴上时流鼻血了 |
[06:55] | A few drops must have gotten on my pants. | 一定是那时滴到的 |
[06:57] | Wait a minute. Are these wool sailor pants? | 等等 这是羊毛的水手裤吗 |
[07:00] | Yeah, why? | 是啊 怎么 |
[07:01] | Brittney was killed two weeks ago. It’s spring. | 布兰妮是两周前被杀的 是在春天 |
[07:03] | There’s no way you’d be wearing wool sailor pants in spring. | 你不可能在春天穿羊毛的裤子 |
[07:06] | I haven’t worn them since February. So, you believe me? | 我两月份后就没穿过 你相信我 对吗 |
[07:10] | The D.A. has a text message that you sent to Brittney | 地检官这里有你在案发当天 |
[07:12] | on the day of the murder. | 发给布兰妮的短信 |
[07:14] | “You know I didn’t cheat. You’re a liar. | “你知道我根本没作弊 你个骗子 |
[07:16] | Tell the truth or else.” | 快澄清事实 否则我不客气了” |
[07:19] | I was angry. I didn’t mean I’d kill her. | 我很愤怒 但我并没想杀了她 |
[07:21] | Okay, Chloe, listen — | 克洛伊 听我说 |
[07:22] | I know that the offered plea is terrible, | 我知道给出的认罪辩诉很荒唐 |
[07:26] | but going to trial can be so much worse. | 但上诉庭审可能会更糟 |
[07:30] | Do you remember what you told me when my father left us? | 你还记得我父亲离开我们时 你对我说的吗 |
[07:33] | You said I had a choice, | 你说我能自行选择 |
[07:36] | that I could remember him as my father, a man I loved, | 把他作为挚爱的父亲记在心中 |
[07:41] | or I could remember him as the jerk who left us. | 或者把他当做抛弃家人的混蛋 |
[07:43] | Oh…right. Yes, I-I said that. | 是的 我的确说过 |
[07:47] | I chose to remember him as my dad. | 我最终把他当父亲记住他 |
[07:49] | And now I have another choice — | 现在又轮到我选择了 |
[07:51] | Take the plea and tell the world I’m a killer, | 接受认罪辩诉 告诉所有人我就是凶手 |
[07:54] | or fight and say I’m innocent. | 或者站起来反抗 证明清白 |
[07:56] | Even if I lose, at least I stood up for myself. | 就算我败诉了 我起码为自己抗争过 |
[08:00] | And that’s what I choose. | 这就是我的选择 |
[08:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:06] | I will file an emergency motion | 我会提交一份紧急动议 |
[08:08] | to suppress the text message. | 要求阻止将短信作为证据 |
[08:10] | And I’m not exactly sure under what grounds, | 我暂时还不清楚用什么理由 |
[08:12] | but the jury cannot hear those words. | 但这绝对不能拿给陪审团看 |
[08:14] | – So, you’ll be my lawyer? -Absolutely. | -你会为我辩护吗 -当然 |
[08:16] | And you and I will not be taking a plea | 我们绝不会认罪低头 |
[08:20] | because we are choosing to fight. | 因为我们要战斗到底 |
[08:29] | “You know I didn’t cheat. You’re a liar. | “你知道我根本没作弊 你个骗子 |
[08:32] | Tell the truth or else.” | 快澄清事实 否则我不客气了” |
[08:34] | That text goes directly to motive. | 这短信完全解释了动机 |
[08:36] | It’s inflammatory, | 这是激动之下的言辞 |
[08:38] | and there is no proof that Chloe wrote it. | 也没有证据证明这是克洛伊写的 |
[08:40] | It was sent from her phone. | 这是她手机上发出来的 |
[08:41] | The text was sent from Chloe’s phone | 短信是在克洛伊游泳训练时 |
[08:42] | during swim practice. | 从她手机发出来的 |
[08:43] | Approximately 20 other girls had access to her phone | 大约有20个女孩都能轻易做到 |
[08:46] | because she left it in her book bag. | 因为手机在她包里 |
[08:47] | And you can argue that at trial. | 你可以在审讯时争辩 |
[08:50] | To admit this text into evidence | 将这条短信引入证据 |
[08:51] | is way more prejudicial than probative. | 将会起到极大的偏见 |
[08:53] | I’m sorry, but I agree with the district attorney. | 抱歉 我还是赞同地检官的说法 |
[08:59] | Uh…your honor, due to the gravity of the charges | 法官大人 鉴于指控的严重性 |
[09:02] | and the fact that Chloe is a minor, | 以及克洛伊还是未成年人 |
[09:03] | I ask for a wee bit of leeway. | 我恳请一点回旋余地 |
[09:06] | A wee bit. | 只能一点点 |
[09:08] | I would like to ask the D.A. | 我想请地检官 |
[09:09] | to check his cell for incoming texts. | 核查一下他手机上接收的短信 |
[09:17] | Any recent messages? | 有新信息吗 |
[09:18] | Yes. One text — 20 minutes ago from my wife. | 有一条 我妻子20分钟前发的 |
[09:21] | So, what, your honor? | 这又怎样了 法官大人 |
[09:22] | Would you please read it? | 你能读一下吗 |
[09:26] | “Roses are red. Violets are blue. | “玫瑰花是红的 紫罗兰是蓝的 |
[09:28] | Jane Bingum is smarter and better than you.” | 简·宾格温比你强得多” |
[09:32] | What’s going on here? | 什么情况 |
[09:35] | Like my client, the D.A.’s wife | 和我的委托人一样 地检官的妻子 |
[09:36] | doesn’t guard her phone every moment of the day. | 并没有时刻守在她的手机边上 |
[09:38] | In fact, my mother just sent that text from his wife’s phone | 事实上 是我母亲刚才用他妻子手机发的短信 |
[09:42] | when she left it in her purse at yoga class. | 她上瑜伽课时恰好把手机留在皮包里了 |
[09:45] | Objection — on so many levels. | 我方从各方面反对 |
[09:47] | Actually, I believe Ms. Bingum proved her point. | 但我认为宾格温小姐很好地证明了她的观点 |
[09:49] | Your honor, please, reconsider. | 法官大人 请三思 |
[09:51] | You have my ruling. | 我下达裁决 |
[09:52] | The text will not be read to the jury. | 短信不会被陪审团获知 |
[09:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:59] | That was great, Janie. I’m so proud of you. | 你太棒了 简宝 我为你骄傲 |
[10:02] | Thank you for your help, mom. | 多谢你帮忙 妈妈 |
[10:03] | But I told you to text, “Hello from Jane Bingum.” | 但我让你发的是”你好 我是简·宾格温” |
[10:06] | Jane, you got a second? | 简 你有空吗 |
[10:09] | Whatever you want to say, you can say in front of me. | 随便你要说什么 当我面说没关系 |
[10:11] | Mom. | 妈 |
[10:14] | Fine. I’ll meet you at the car. | 行吧 咱们车上见 |
[10:19] | That was some stunt. | 你挺有计谋 |
[10:21] | Well, anything for a client, right? | 为了委托人在所不辞 |
[10:23] | I just got off the phone with my boss. | 我刚和我上司通过电话 |
[10:24] | He’s decided to re-file against Chloe. | 他准备重新对克洛伊提起上诉 |
[10:26] | We’re charging her as an adult. | 将她以成年人起诉 |
[10:28] | You can’t be serious. | 开什么玩笑 |
[10:30] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:32] | Is this because I embarrassed you in court? | 就因为我当场让你难堪了吗 |
[10:34] | Prosecutorial discretion. And on closer look, | 起诉裁量权 在进一步调查后 |
[10:36] | – We decided that the murder was premeditated. – What?! | -我们认定这场凶杀是有预谋的 -你说什么 |
[10:39] | Your client will be looking at 25 to life, maybe worse. | 你委托人将面临25年以上监禁 甚至更糟 |
[10:42] | Unless, of course, you want to accept a plea. | 当然 除非你们愿意接受认罪辩诉 |
[10:44] | Two years in juvie? | 在少管所服刑两年吗 |
[10:45] | As an adult, that’s off the table. | 作为成年人 这不在考虑范围之内 |
[10:47] | We’re offering five years | 我们给的条件是在 |
[10:48] | In a California women’s correctional facility. | 加州女子监狱服刑五年 |
[10:50] | Offer expires end of day. | 条件仅今天有效 |
[11:01] | Hey. Didn’t hear you come in. | 没听见你进来 |
[11:03] | I have a job for you. | 有个任务给你 |
[11:05] | Good. I need some billables. | 很好 我需要点案子做 |
[11:07] | I want you to take Gina out to dinner. | 我想让你请吉娜用晚餐 |
[11:10] | You’re pimping me out to a prospective investor? | 你想把我推销给一个潜在投资者 |
[11:13] | Gina needs to get to know the firm, | 吉娜得熟悉下律所 |
[11:15] | and you clearly have some free time on your hands. | 很明显你也正好有空 |
[11:18] | I’ve made you a reservation at Letizia. | 我在莱蒂齐亚餐厅替你预定了位置 |
[11:21] | Cheer up. It’s all billable. | 振作点 这可是正事 |
[11:28] | Jane. | 简 |
[11:29] | Hi. Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[11:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:35] | It must feel strange being back here. | 重回这里你一定感觉怪怪的 |
[11:38] | It’s been so many years. | 已经有好多年了 |
[11:40] | Yes. Yeah. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:44] | Jane. | 简 |
[11:47] | Tracy… Peg’s sister? | 记得我吗 特蕾西 佩格的姐姐 |
[11:50] | Uh, yes. | 记得 |
[11:51] | We met years ago. You probably don’t remember. | 我们好多年前认识的 你也许不记得了 |
[11:53] | I really need to speak to Chloe. | 我必须和克洛伊谈谈 |
[11:55] | Oh, of course. She’s in her room. | 当然 她在自己房间里 |
[11:57] | Great. | 很好 |
[12:00] | Right. In her room. | 对啊 在房间里 |
[12:04] | – Chloe? – Come in. | -克洛伊 -请进 |
[12:09] | Jane! | 简 |
[12:11] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了吗 |
[12:14] | Well, um… | 这个嘛 |
[12:19] | The D.A. wants to charge you as an adult. | 地检官想将你作为成人起诉 |
[12:23] | But I’m only 16. | 可我才16岁啊 |
[12:24] | It’s their discretion. | 他们有裁量权 |
[12:26] | It — I filed an emergency appeal, but it was denied. | 我提交了一份紧急诉求 但被驳回了 |
[12:30] | And if you are convicted, you’re looking at — | 如果你被定罪 可能会被判… |
[12:34] | The death penalty, right? | 死刑 对吧 |
[12:37] | They’ve offered a plea. | 他们提供了认罪辩诉 |
[12:39] | No! | 不 |
[12:40] | Chloe, circumstances have changed. | 克洛伊 情势发生了变化 |
[12:42] | But I’m still innocent! | 但我仍然是清白的 |
[12:47] | You remember that photo? | 你还记得那张照片吗 |
[12:53] | Yes…I do. | 记得 |
[12:55] | When mom told me dad wasn’t coming back, | 妈妈告诉我爸爸不会回来了之后 |
[12:57] | I started ripping up all his pictures. | 我就开始撕他的照片 |
[13:00] | But you stopped me before I got to that one. | 我还没来得及撕那张 你就阻止了我 |
[13:04] | Yeah. Of course I would. | 是啊 我当然会阻止你 |
[13:06] | One minute he’s the best dad in the world, | 他以前是世上最棒的老爸 |
[13:09] | and then he just takes off in the middle of the night. | 可毫无预兆地就半夜消失不见了 |
[13:12] | No explanation. No goodbye. | 没做任何解释 不告而别 |
[13:16] | I’m so sorry. | 实在抱歉 |
[13:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:22] | Chloe, you’re being charged as an adult, | 克洛伊 你以成人身份受到起诉 |
[13:27] | so the decision to reject the plea is yours. | 所以你有权拒绝认罪辩诉 |
[13:30] | But I think we should talk to your mother. | 但我觉得我们应该跟你妈妈谈谈 |
[13:32] | – You know, sit down — – No. | -坐下来… -不要 |
[13:35] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[13:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:42] | Teri! Can I get you a pake? | 泰丽 你要吃派糕吗 |
[13:44] | No. I want to talk about Jane. I’m worried about her. | 不 我想跟你谈谈简 我很担心她 |
[13:47] | Ugh! Me, too. | 我也是 |
[13:48] | She thinks there’s a rational explanation | 她觉得对于欧文的失踪 |
[13:50] | for Owen’s disappearance. | 一定有合理的解释 |
[13:52] | Is there a rational explanation | 他的信用卡记录显示 |
[13:53] | that his latest credit-card statement | 他消失的第二天 |
[13:55] | places him at a motel in minneapolis | 入住了明尼阿波利斯的一家旅馆 |
[13:57] | the day after he took off? | 这个也有合理解释吗 |
[13:58] | What? How did you find this? | 什么 你怎么找到这个的 |
[14:00] | I went to Owen’s apartment to search for clues. | 我去了欧文的公寓寻找线索 |
[14:03] | You broke in? | 你闯进去了 |
[14:05] | Owen gave Jane a key, | 欧文给了简钥匙 |
[14:06] | And I borrowed the key when Jane was in court. | 简在庭上的时候我借走了钥匙 |
[14:08] | Ipso facto, I have permission to enter. | 事实上 我有权进入 |
[14:10] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[14:12] | Wait. Why are you telling me and not Jane? | 等等 为什么是你来告诉我 而不是简 |
[14:13] | ’cause Jane won’t talk to me about Owen. | 因为简不肯跟我谈欧文的问题 |
[14:15] | Me, either. | 也不跟我谈 |
[14:16] | What should we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[14:18] | We respect her wishes, stay silent, and smile. | 我们尊重她的意愿 保持沉默 对她微笑 |
[14:23] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:24] | But if a guy did that to me, | 如果有男人对我做出这种事 |
[14:25] | I would want my friends to hit him over the head with a shovel | 我会希望我的朋友用铁锨砸爆他的脑袋 |
[14:28] | and feed his lifeless body to a school of piranha. | 拿他的尸体去喂食人鲳 |
[14:31] | Have a nice day. | 祝你今天过得愉快 |
[14:35] | What I don’t understand is he asked you to marry him… | 我不能理解的是 他向你求了婚 |
[14:38] | …then he left town. | 然后就消失不见 |
[14:39] | – Did you and Owen have a fight? – No. | -你和欧文吵架了吗 -没有 |
[14:41] | I don’t know why he left, and I don’t know where he is. | 我不知道他为什么要离开 也不知道他在哪儿 |
[14:43] | What I would really like to do | 我现在想做的是 |
[14:45] | is focus on the case that you begged me to take. | 专注于你求我接的这个案子 |
[14:48] | Here is the map you asked for. | 这是你要的地图 |
[14:49] | Oh, great. Okay. | 太棒了 好的 |
[14:51] | So, let’s just walk through the timeline. | 我们按时间顺序整理一下案情 |
[14:53] | All right, at 3:00 p.m., Chloe left her high school | 好 下午三点 克洛伊离开学校 |
[14:57] | and she drove her little sister to the art institute in Thousand Oaks, | 把她妹妹送到位于千橡的美术学校 |
[15:01] | then she returned home, where she remained the rest of the night. | 然后回到家 整晚都没有离开家门 |
[15:03] | Now, her mother left the house at approximately 5:00 p.m. | 她母亲下午五点左右离开家 |
[15:07] | to go to the Sherwood farmers’ market, | 前往舍伍德农贸市场 |
[15:09] | leaving Chloe alone until she returned at around 7:00. | 把克洛伊自己留在家里 直到她七点回到家 |
[15:13] | And you want to find someone who can confirm that Chloe | 你想找人证明克洛伊在五点到七点之间 |
[15:16] | was really home between 5:00 and 7:00, don’t you? | 确实留在家里 对吧 |
[15:18] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:20] | So, I need you to talk to neighbors, U.P.S., the cable guy — | 我要你去找邻居 联邦快递 有线电视维修员 |
[15:23] | anybody who can place Chloe in the house | 任何能证明克洛伊在谋杀案发生时 |
[15:25] | when the murder was committed. | 留在家里的人 |
[15:27] | Hello, ladies. | 你们好啊 姑娘们 |
[15:28] | I sincerely hope you’re not calling me a lady. | 我真心希望你不要叫我姑娘 |
[15:31] | What do you want, Kim? | 你有什么事 金 |
[15:32] | Ooh. Chloe killed Brittney with a pool filter cover? | 克洛伊用泳池过滤器盖杀了布兰妮 |
[15:35] | I am representing Chloe, | 我代理克洛伊 |
[15:37] | so please do not put the murder weapon in her hand. | 所以拜托不要把凶器强塞给她 |
[15:41] | Yeah, this is the murder weapon. | 没错 这就是凶器 |
[15:42] | Okay. Well, per Parker, I’m now on the case with you. | 帕克说让我现在和你一起处理这个案子 |
[15:46] | So, hope that’s not a problem. | 希望你不介意 |
[15:48] | I actually could use the help. | 你确实能帮上忙 |
[15:50] | Also, accounting spoke with Chloe’s mom about payment. | 还有 会计和克洛伊的妈妈谈了费用问题 |
[15:53] | They got nothing in the bank. | 他们一分存款都没有 |
[15:54] | No, no, no. I know this family. I’m doing it pro bono. | 不 我清楚他们的家庭背景 我无偿服务 |
[15:56] | – Parker said no pro bono. – Okay, fine. | -帕克说不允许做无偿服务 -好吧 |
[15:59] | I will figure out a deferred payment plan. | 我会想办法签分期付款 |
[16:01] | That’s a start. | 也算有进展了 |
[16:02] | In the meantime, Teri, | 同时 泰丽 |
[16:03] | I want you to track down the deadbeat dad. | 你去追查那个欠债老爹的下落 |
[16:05] | See if we can squeeze anything out of that stone. | 看看能不能从那货身上套出点什么 |
[16:07] | After he split, | 他溜走之后 |
[16:08] | Peg told me her ex moved to New Mexico. | 佩格告诉我她前任搬去新墨西哥了 |
[16:10] | He sent her two child-support checks and then nothing. | 他寄了两张抚养费支票 就再无其他音讯 |
[16:14] | Good. Means he owes her a lot of money | 很好 说明他欠了她很多钱 |
[16:16] | and the firm can put a lien on his unpaid child support payments. | 律所能要求扣留他未支付的抚养费 |
[16:18] | Uh, hold on. First of all, if we find this guy, | 等等 首先 如果我们找到这个家伙 |
[16:22] | The money should go to the girls. | 这笔钱应该给他女儿 |
[16:23] | It is going to the girls, Jane. | 确实是给他女儿的 简 |
[16:25] | It’s going to Chloe’s legal defense. | 给克洛伊支付辩护费用 |
[16:27] | Now, find him. | 现在 先找到他 |
[16:36] | I have to admit, I was surprised by the invitation. | 不得不说 受你邀请我还真受宠若惊 |
[16:39] | Really? | 是吗 |
[16:40] | Well, I was more surprised that you picked this place. | 我更吃惊的是你竟然选择这个地方 |
[16:43] | I had you pegged for more of a wings-and-beer guy. | 我一直以为你更喜欢鸡翅啤酒什么的 |
[16:45] | Well, yeah. I admit I’d take a happy hour at a sports bar any day, | 确实 我得承认在体育酒吧是挺开心的 |
[16:48] | But I figured, with you… | 但我想既然是请你… |
[16:51] | Parker put you up to this, didn’t he? | 帕克逼你请我的 对吗 |
[16:55] | – And he picked this place. – No. | -这地方也是他选的 -不 |
[16:57] | No. Of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[17:01] | Yes. Sorry. | 是这样 对不起 |
[17:04] | What are you supposed to do? | 那你打算做些什么 |
[17:04] | Seduce me and get me to invest in the firm? | 色诱我 让我给律所投钱 |
[17:09] | Well, I tell you what, Grayson — | 我告诉你 格雷森 |
[17:10] | Your sexy smile is not gonna influence my business decisions. | 你的性感笑容无法影响我的商业判断 |
[17:13] | Parker should have known that. | 帕克应该清楚这点 |
[17:15] | I’m sorry he wasted your time. | 真抱歉他让你浪费了时间 |
[17:17] | You can tell your boss we had a lovely evening. | 你可以和你老板说今晚很愉快 |
[17:19] | I will swear by it. Honestly, I’m not mad. | 我会配合的 老实说 我不生气 |
[17:21] | Wait. You’re not leaving, are you? | 等等 你不是就要走了吧 |
[17:23] | I don’t need an escort to eat my dinner. | 我吃顿晚饭可不需要护花使者 |
[17:27] | Well, there’s a wing joint down the block. | 街区那头有家鸡翅店 |
[17:29] | Best hot sauce in L.A. | 有洛杉矶最棒的辣酱 |
[17:34] | All right. You’re on. | 好吧 你得逞了 |
[17:40] | Mr. Villamar, you attend high school with the defendant. | 维纳蒙先生 你与被告是高中同学 |
[17:43] | Is that correct? | 是吗 |
[17:44] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[17:45] | And on the night of the murder, | 在谋杀案发生的那晚 |
[17:46] | You were lifting weights in the room adjacent to the pool. | 你就在泳池旁的房间里练举重 |
[17:48] | Yes. It was tuesday, so it was quads and cardio. | 是的 周二要锻炼四肢和心脏 |
[17:52] | Did you notice anything unusual? | 你是否有注意到什么不正常的事 |
[17:54] | Yeah, I was doing squats, | 是的 我正在做深蹲 |
[17:57] | and I heard a girl screaming, | 突然听见一个女孩尖叫 |
[17:58] | “Get away from the pool, get away from the pool.” | “快离开泳池 快离开泳池” |
[18:01] | Then I heard a scream and a thump. | 然后我听见了尖叫 还有重击声 |
[18:04] | I ran out to the pool, and I saw Brittney, | 我跑去池边 看见了布兰妮 |
[18:07] | Facedown in the water, blood gushing from her head. | 脸朝下浮在水里 血从脑边漫开 |
[18:11] | And in the distance, someone was running away. | 远处有人匆忙逃走 |
[18:13] | Did you see who? | 看清是谁了吗 |
[18:14] | No, but they were wearing a yellow swim team jacket. | 没有 但她们穿着游泳队的黄色夹克 |
[18:17] | I’m sure of that. | 我很肯定 |
[18:25] | Is this the jacket? | 是这件吗 |
[18:26] | It looks like it. | 看着像 |
[18:27] | Your honor, may the record reflect | 法官大人 能否记录下 |
[18:29] | that the witness is referring to people’s evidence 8, | 证人所指为8号证物 |
[18:32] | retrieved from the defendant’s domicile. | 从被告家里取到 |
[18:34] | It belongs to the defendant. | 为被告所有 |
[18:37] | Your witness. | 我问完了 |
[18:40] | Let’s talk about the yellow jacket. | 我们来谈谈黄夹克 |
[18:43] | Now, I went through the facebook pages | 我浏览了游泳队 |
[18:46] | of all the girls on the swim team. | 所有女孩的脸书主页 |
[18:49] | And all the girls wear the same yellow jacket. | 无一例外都穿着同样的黄夹克 |
[18:52] | So, how do you know that people’s evidence 8 | 你怎么知道8号证物就是 |
[18:55] | was the jacket you saw on the night of the murder? | 谋杀案当晚你看到的那件呢 |
[18:57] | I’m not sure it was. | 我并不确定 |
[18:59] | And did you also know | 你还知道 |
[19:00] | that the jacket is available through online retailers? | 这件夹克在网上到处可以买到吗 |
[19:03] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[19:09] | Does my mother’s yellow jacket | 试问我妈身上的黄夹克 |
[19:11] | look like the yellow jacket you saw on the fleeing suspect? | 看上去像不像逃跑的嫌疑犯的那件呢 |
[19:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:15] | Thanks. No more questions. | 谢谢 没有问题了 |
[19:18] | Rudy, is there a zipper tab missing from Chloe’s jacket? | 鲁迪 克洛伊的夹克是不是少了个拉链环 |
[19:25] | Yes. Yeah, it’s gone. | 没错 是不见了 |
[19:28] | Your honor, the day after the murder, | 法官大人 谋杀的第二天 |
[19:30] | the crime lab processed the pool filter | 罪证化验室检查了泳池过滤器 |
[19:32] | and found a zipper tab consistent with Chloe’s jacket. | 发现了与克洛伊的夹克相吻合的拉链环 |
[19:35] | We submit the lab report as people’s evidence 9. | 我们把实验室报告作为9号证物呈上 |
[19:38] | Whoa! Whoa! | 慢着 |
[19:39] | I demand that the zipper evidence be tossed | 我们要求撤销拉链环这一证物 |
[19:42] | and all reference stricken from the record. | 并删除记录中的所有引证 |
[19:43] | On what grounds? | 基于什么理由 |
[19:44] | We had no notice. | 我们没有收到通知 |
[19:46] | This is a blatant violation | 这显然违反了 |
[19:48] | of the state’s ongoing discovery obligation. | 政府现行的证据开示义务 |
[19:50] | Hold on — this evidence was submitted | 等等 这件证物之前提交给了 |
[19:52] | to the public defender representing Chloe. | 代理克洛伊的公辩人 |
[19:54] | Ms. Bingum, the D.A. cannot be responsible if you’re ill-prepared. | 宾格温女士 地检官不能为你的准备不足负责 |
[19:57] | – Okay. – He’s right. | -好吧 -他说得对 |
[19:58] | The evidence is admissible, but I will grant a short recess. | 证物可以接受 我准许短暂休庭 |
[20:08] | You were blind-sided in court. | 你在法庭上被偷袭了 |
[20:10] | How did that happen? | 怎么回事 |
[20:11] | It’s not my fault. The P.D.Rt. didn’t hand over everything. | 又不是我的错 公辩人没把所有资料转交给我 |
[20:13] | Seriously, Jane. This is a murder 1 case. | 说真的 简 这是件一级谋杀案 |
[20:15] | Today’s setback will be on the news. | 你今天的失利会上新闻 |
[20:17] | It’s an embarrassment to the firm. | 对律所来说是个耻辱 |
[20:18] | What do you want me to do, Kim? | 你想我怎么做呢 金 |
[20:21] | Look, let’s talk about the blood on Chloe’s pants | 行了 我们来谈谈克洛伊裤子上的血迹 |
[20:23] | and the scratches on her arm. | 和手臂上的抓痕吧 |
[20:25] | Chloe can explain all that. | 克洛伊能解释的 |
[20:26] | But after today, will a jury even believe her? | 但今天过后还会有陪审员相信她吗 |
[20:28] | I mean, you ask me, she should take the plea | 让我说 她应该趁提议还有效 |
[20:29] | if it’s still on the table. | 赶紧接受认罪辩诉 |
[20:31] | Excuse me. Am I interrupting? | 抱歉 我打扰了你们了吗 |
[20:32] | No. What’s going on? | 没有 怎么了 |
[20:34] | I couldn’t find anyone who would confirm | 我找不到任何人来证明 |
[20:36] | that Chloe was at home when her mom was at the market — | 克洛伊的妈妈去市场时她独自在家 |
[20:37] | when Brittney got murdered. | 就是布兰妮被谋杀的时候 |
[20:39] | So, now we have no one to confirm her alibi. | 现在没人能证明她不在场 |
[20:40] | But in reviewing the timeline, | 但回顾时间表 |
[20:41] | I did find something interesting. | 我确实找到些有趣的东西 |
[20:43] | Chloe said she dropped off her sister Michelle | 克洛伊说她放学后把米歇尔 |
[20:45] | at the art institute after school. | 送到了美术学校 |
[20:47] | But I spoke with a teacher there | 但我和那里的老师谈过 |
[20:48] | who said Michelle never showed up. | 她说米歇尔从未出现 |
[20:49] | Why would Chloe lie about dropping off her sister? | 为什么克洛伊要对此撒谎 |
[20:52] | Maybe she wasn’t lying. | 也许她没说谎 |
[20:53] | Maybe Chloe did drop her off, | 或许克洛伊把她放下了 |
[20:54] | and Michelle just didn’t go inside. | 但米歇尔没进去 |
[20:56] | Well, where’d she go? | 那她去哪儿了 |
[20:57] | Well, I don’t know. | 我是不知道 |
[20:58] | but I’ve already had my hand slapped | 但我已经因准备不足 |
[20:59] | for not being prepared, so — | 吃了苦头 所以… |
[21:01] | Wait. Michelle has a cellphone. | 慢着 米歇尔有手机的 |
[21:03] | Okay, and? | 然后呢 |
[21:04] | And there’s a consolidated file | 有个综合文件库 |
[21:06] | that acts as a cache for location data with time stamps. | 储存着带有时间标记的地点数据 |
[21:10] | So, I’ll write a request for a subpoena, | 我将申请一张传票 |
[21:13] | and we will figure out where she went. | 我们会找出她去哪儿了 |
[21:16] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[21:18] | What? | 怎么 |
[21:19] | The prosecution has amended the witness list. | 原告修改了证人名单 |
[21:21] | They’re calling Chloe’s mom to the stand. | 他们要求传唤克洛伊的妈妈 |
[21:24] | Why would they do that? | 为什么这么做 |
[21:26] | I mean, she’s her mother. | 她是克洛伊的妈妈 |
[21:27] | Peg’s gonna say anything to defend her child. | 佩格会不顾一切维护自己的孩子 |
[21:30] | What does the D.A. know that we don’t? | 有什么是地检官知道而我们不知道的 |
[21:34] | I heard about last night. Chicken wings? | 我听说昨晚的事了 吃了鸡翅 |
[21:37] | Yeah, about that — | 是啊 那个啊 |
[21:39] | Gina had a great time. I owe you. | 吉娜玩得很好 我欠你的 |
[21:40] | Make way. Coming through. | 闪一下 借过 |
[21:43] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[21:45] | A slushy machine — for employee morale. | 刨冰机 用来鼓舞士气 |
[21:47] | Also doubles as a margarita maker | 还为”玛格丽塔周一” |
[21:49] | for our firm’s “Margarita Mondays.” | 献上了鸡尾酒 |
[21:51] | They’ve been a big success. | 还挺成功的 |
[21:52] | Since when? | 什么时候开始的 |
[21:53] | Right. You’re — you’re not invited. Sorry. | 对了 你没被邀请 抱歉 |
[21:54] | Apparently, not having the firm’s managing partner | 显然 不邀请公司合伙人 |
[21:57] | at Margarita Mondays is also good for employee morale. | 也能激励员工的斗志 |
[22:02] | Later. | 回见 |
[22:05] | Please tell me Gina’s gonna invest. | 吉娜会投资吧 |
[22:07] | We didn’t talk about that. | 我们没说到那些 |
[22:09] | Right. We don’t want to seem desperate. | 也对 我们不能表现得太迫切 |
[22:11] | – Smart move. – Yeah. | -做得好 -应该的 |
[22:14] | Jane, how you doing? | 简 你怎么样 |
[22:17] | I’m fine. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢你 |
[22:18] | You must be… devastated about Owen. | 你一定很为欧文伤心 |
[22:22] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[22:23] | Oh, yeah, well, you should be. | 是啊 你应该的 |
[22:25] | You did everything you possibly could | 你所做的一切就是 |
[22:27] | to keep me away from Grayson. | 让我远离格雷森 |
[22:28] | Then I actually fall in love with Owen, | 现在我真的爱上欧文了 |
[22:30] | and then Owen leaves me, so thank you. | 欧文就离开了我 所以我谢谢你 |
[22:32] | It totally sucks. | 确实很糟糕 |
[22:34] | You’ll find someone new. | 你会遇到新的人 |
[22:37] | That’s your advice? | 这就是你的建议吗 |
[22:38] | You’re my guardian angel and your words of wisdom are, | 作为我的守护天使 你的至理名言是 |
[22:42] | “You’ll find someone new”? | 你会遇到新的人吗 |
[22:43] | Someone new and… improved? | 而且是更好的人 |
[22:47] | I don’t want to find someone “New and improved.” | 我可不想找什么更好的新人 |
[22:51] | I want Owen. Okay? | 我只要欧文 可以吗 |
[22:54] | And you know what? With all my talk of marriage, | 也许是因为我不停地提到婚姻 |
[22:56] | I probably scared him away, and I have to live with that. | 他被吓跑了 我必须接受现实 |
[22:59] | And that’s fine. | 那没关系 |
[23:00] | Jane? | 简 |
[23:02] | I got your text. | 我收到了你的短信 |
[23:03] | Great. | 好极了 |
[23:06] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[23:07] | Uh, yes. Oh, yeah. I’m fine. | 我挺好的 |
[23:09] | Let’s go talk in my office. | 去我办公室谈吧 |
[23:13] | Chloe, we subpoenaed the GPS data from Michelle’s phone. | 克洛伊 我们传唤了米歇尔手机的定位信息 |
[23:18] | – What? – After you dropped her off at the art institute, | -什么 -你把她送到美术学校之后 |
[23:21] | she didn’t go inside. | 她没进去 |
[23:22] | She went back to school. | 她回了学校 |
[23:25] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白你想说什么 |
[23:26] | This evidence places your sister | 这条证据说明你妹妹 |
[23:28] | at the crime scene at the time of the murder. | 谋杀案发生时在犯罪现场 |
[23:31] | She was at the pool? | 她当时在游泳池吗 |
[23:32] | We can’t actually prove that, | 我们没法证明这点 |
[23:34] | but we can place her in the vicinity. | 但能证明她在附近 |
[23:38] | Chloe, I know that this may not be easy, | 克洛伊 我知道这很难接受 |
[23:43] | but I am thinking… | 但我想… |
[23:46] | maybe Michelle killed Brittney? | 也许真是米歇尔杀了布兰妮 |
[23:48] | No way. | 不可能 |
[23:49] | I mean, maybe Michelle had to go back and… | 我是说 也许米歇尔要回去 |
[23:53] | a-and get something out of her locker, right? | 去储物柜取点东西 对吗 |
[23:54] | I-I mean, that’s possible, right? | 这是有可能的 对吧 |
[23:56] | Yes. Yes. Anything is possible. | 对 对 一切都有可能 |
[24:00] | I-I would like to introduce this information about Michelle in court. | 我要在法庭上把米歇尔的事说出来 |
[24:04] | Now, this is a classic strategy | 这是一个经典策略 |
[24:05] | to cast reasonable doubt | 通过怀疑其他人 |
[24:07] | on your client by focusing on someone else. | 建立对委托人犯罪的合理质疑 |
[24:09] | You can’t do that to my sister. | 你们不能这样对我妹妹 |
[24:11] | She didn’t do anything. | 她什么都没做 |
[24:12] | You have to trust us. | 你要相信我们 |
[24:13] | Please, don’t drag my sister into this. | 拜托 别把我妹妹也扯进来 |
[24:15] | Chloe, right now this is your best shot. | 克洛伊 目前为止这是你最好的办法 |
[24:22] | I’m the client. | 我是委托人 |
[24:24] | I mean, what I say, you need to follow it, right? | 你要遵照我的意思办事 对吗 |
[24:26] | That is true. | 没错 |
[24:28] | Jane, you have to find another way. | 简 你得想个别的办法 |
[24:34] | Kim. | 金 |
[24:36] | How did it go with Chloe? | 跟克洛伊聊得怎么样 |
[24:38] | We cannot go after her sister. | 我们不能怀疑她妹妹 |
[24:39] | We don’t have another option. | 我们没别的办法了 |
[24:40] | By law, we are required to follow the wishes of our client. | 从法律上说 我们得遵循她的意愿 |
[24:43] | She’s a kid. We know better. | 她只是个孩子 我们更懂法 |
[24:45] | I am first chair, | 我是首席律师 |
[24:46] | so we are following her instructions whether you like it or not. | 我说要遵循她的意思 无论你是否愿意 |
[24:50] | Let’s go to court. | 我们上庭吧 |
[24:56] | According to your deposition, the day of the murder, | 根据你的陈述 谋杀案发生当天 |
[24:59] | you left your house at 5:00 p.M. to go to the farmers’ market. | 你五点离家去了农贸市场 |
[25:02] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[25:03] | And Chloe was at home when you left? | 你出门时克洛伊在家 |
[25:05] | Yes. And she was there when I returned. | 对 我回到家时她也在 |
[25:08] | How far away do you live from the high school? | 你家离学校多远 |
[25:10] | Two miles. | 两英里 |
[25:12] | So, you can’t account for your daughter | 所以你无法确认 |
[25:14] | during those two hours you were at the market? | 你去市场的两小时中你女儿的行踪 |
[25:19] | I trust my daughter. I know — | 我相信我女儿 我知道… |
[25:21] | Yes or no? | 请回答是或不是 |
[25:24] | No. | 是 |
[25:27] | At the time of the murder, | 谋杀发生时 |
[25:29] | where was your younger daughter, Michelle? | 你的小女儿米歇尔在哪里 |
[25:31] | She was at art class. | 她在上美术课 |
[25:33] | Actually, she wasn’t. | 其实她没有 |
[25:34] | Excuse me. Could we have a brief recess? | 抱歉 能申请暂时休庭吗 |
[25:36] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[25:37] | We just need a moment. | 马上就好 |
[25:38] | Ms. Kaswell? | 卡斯维女士 |
[25:39] | I realize you are first chair, | 我知道你是首席 |
[25:40] | but as partner, I outrank you. | 但作为合伙人 我地位比你高 |
[25:42] | Now sit down. | 所以你给我坐下 |
[25:44] | Sorry, Your Honor. We are good to go. | 抱歉 法官大人 我们马上开始 |
[25:48] | Chloe dropped her sister off at the art institute, | 克洛伊在美术学校门口把妹妹放下 |
[25:50] | but Michelle never actually went in. | 但米歇尔没有进去 |
[25:53] | We have the data from her phone’s geographic locator. | 我们有她手机的定位记录 |
[25:56] | Are you aware that Michelle went back | 你知道米歇尔回到学校 |
[25:58] | to the high school where Brittney was murdered? | 去了布兰妮被杀的地方吗 |
[26:02] | No. I wasn’t aware of that. | 不 我不知道 |
[26:04] | Are you aware that she was dating a boy named Tim Nolan? | 你知道她在和一个叫蒂姆·诺兰的男孩恋爱吗 |
[26:08] | Yes, but they broke up. | 知道 但他们分手了 |
[26:09] | Did you know they broke up | 你知道他们分手 |
[26:10] | because Tim started dating the victim? | 是因为蒂姆开始和被害人约会吗 |
[26:12] | And Tim dumped Michelle. | 是蒂姆甩了米歇尔 |
[26:13] | – Objection. – Objection! | -反对 -反对 |
[26:15] | Ms. Bingum, you can’t object to your co-counsel. | 宾格温女士 你不能反对你的同事 |
[26:17] | Mr. SaGinaw, what are your grounds for your objection? | 塞基诺先生 你反对的理由是什么 |
[26:22] | Leading the witness. | 诱导证人 |
[26:23] | Leading the witness, Your Honor. | 诱导证人 法官大人 |
[26:24] | Counselors, Ms. Surnow, approach the bench. | 律师们 苏诺女士 到席前来 |
[26:26] | Bailiff, clear the courtroom. | 法警 把其他人请出去 |
[26:37] | What the hell is going on in here? | 现在到底是怎么回事 |
[26:39] | My co-counsel and I | 我和协理律师 |
[26:40] | have a difference of opinion on how to proceed. | 对如何继续辩护有意见分歧 |
[26:42] | That was obvious. | 这很明显 |
[26:44] | I’m talking about the accusations leveled | 我是想说你指控苏诺女士的 |
[26:45] | against Ms. Surnow’s other daughter. | 另一个女儿的事 |
[26:47] | We believe Michelle had motive, | 我们认为米歇尔具有 |
[26:48] | means, and opportunity for killing Brittney Hollis. | 杀害布兰妮·霍里斯的动机 方法和机会 |
[26:51] | That’s ridiculous! | 这太荒谬了 |
[26:52] | And we’re laying the groundwork for reasonable doubt for Chloe. | 我们在建立对克洛伊犯罪的合理怀疑 |
[26:56] | Why the sour face, Ms. Bingum? | 宾格温女士 为什么要做出讽刺的表情 |
[26:58] | I was hoping to free our client | 我本希望可以让我的委托人重获自由 |
[26:59] | without indicting her younger sister. | 又不必控告她妹妹 |
[27:01] | I think it’s too late for that. | 我想现在已经太迟了 |
[27:03] | You’ve handed us a second viable suspect. | 你们已经为我们提供了另一个疑犯 |
[27:05] | In fact, the people request an arrest warrant for Michelle Surnow. | 事实上 我方申请您批准逮捕米歇尔·苏诺 |
[27:08] | So now you’re going after both my girls? | 现在你们要把我两个女儿都抓起了吗 |
[27:09] | Your Honor, if the D.A. Agrees that | 法官大人 若检察官认为 |
[27:11] | the evidence against Michelle | 对米歇尔不利的证据可以导致 |
[27:12] | creates reasonable doubt as to Chloe, | 对克洛伊犯罪的合理怀疑 |
[27:14] | then certainly the D.A. must agree that the charges against Chloe | 那也要同时承认 对克洛伊的控告 |
[27:18] | constitute reasonable doubt as to Michelle. | 导致了对米歇尔犯罪的合理怀疑 |
[27:20] | Even if that were the case, | 即使是这样 |
[27:21] | my office has absolute prosecutorial discretion. | 地检办公室也有绝对的起诉裁量权 |
[27:23] | True, but this scattershot approach | 没错 但在我的法庭上 |
[27:25] | isn’t tolerated in my courtroom. | 绝不允许有这种随意的追诉 |
[27:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:28] | We’re dropping our case against Chloe | 我们撤回对克洛伊的起诉 |
[27:30] | and filing a new case against her sister. | 并重新申请起诉她的妹妹 |
[27:32] | Bailiff, take Michelle Surnow into custody. | 法警 拘捕米歇尔·苏诺 |
[27:35] | No! Please! | 不要 拜托 |
[27:37] | Jane, do something. | 简 做点什么 |
[27:39] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:40] | Jane. | 简 |
[27:42] | What have you done? | 你都做了些什么啊 |
[27:44] | Your Honor, Michelle Surnow is gone. | 法官大人 米歇尔·苏诺跑了 |
[27:55] | How dare you subvert me in open court. | 你竟敢在公开法庭上推翻我的决定 |
[27:58] | How dare you talk to a partner like an equal. | 你竟敢和合伙人这样平起平坐地说话 |
[28:00] | Please. | 拜托 |
[28:01] | Kim, you will never be my equal. | 金 你永远都不是我的对手 |
[28:04] | I did what was best for our client. | 我做了对委托人最好的选择 |
[28:05] | In violation of her wishes! | 你违背了她的意愿 |
[28:07] | Oh, what’s she gonna do, | 她能怎么样 |
[28:08] | sue us for getting her charges dropped? | 因为我们帮她撤销诉讼而告我们吗 |
[28:10] | We did our job. | 我们尽了职责 |
[28:12] | End of story. | 仅此而已 |
[28:15] | Don’t stop on my account. | 不必为我停下 |
[28:17] | What do you need, Teri? | 你有什么事 泰丽 |
[28:18] | Michelle, your client’s sister, is on line 2. For Jane. | 你们委托人的妹妹米歇尔在2号线 找简 |
[28:21] | Oh. Don’t answer that phone. She is not our client. | 别接电话 她不是我们的委托人 |
[28:25] | And since privilege doesn’t apply, | 而且由于没有申请豁免 |
[28:26] | you could be forced to testify against her. | 你可能要被迫做不利她的证据 |
[28:33] | Hi, Michelle. Don’t say anything about the case. | 米歇尔 关于案子的话一句也别说 |
[28:35] | I just want to know if you’re okay? | 我只想知道你是否还好 |
[28:38] | Good. Okay. | 很好 好的 |
[28:40] | I’ll be there. | 我马上过去 |
[28:42] | – You’ll “be there”? – Yep. | -你要过去 -没错 |
[28:44] | Jane, you cannot go see that girl. | 简 你不能去见那个姑娘 |
[28:47] | There is a warrant out for Michelle’s arrest, | 法官已经开了对米歇尔的逮捕令 |
[28:48] | And as an officer of the law | 而作为一名法律执业者 |
[28:49] | you have absolute duty to tell her to surrender. | 你有绝对义务劝说她投案自首 |
[28:52] | “Absolute duty.” Got it, Kim. | “绝对义务” 我知道 金 |
[28:53] | As a partner in this firm, | 作为这间律所的合伙人 |
[28:54] | I forbid you from seeing her. | 我禁止你去见她 |
[28:56] | She is 14 years old. | 她才14岁 |
[28:58] | She’s scared and confused, | 会担惊受怕 困惑无助 |
[29:00] | and I’m gonna make sure that she is okay. | 我要确定她没事 |
[29:01] | And there’s nothing you can do to stop me. | 无论如何 你都阻止不了我 |
[29:08] | Teri! | 泰丽 |
[29:10] | I am so glad you’re here. | 真高兴你能来 |
[29:12] | I got your text. | 我收到你的短信了 |
[29:13] | Okay, so, we need to talk about Jane and Owen. | 好 我们来讨论下简和欧文的事 |
[29:15] | – I thought you said — – Forget about what I said. | -我以为你说 -忘记我说的话吧 |
[29:17] | After you told me about Owen’s Minneapolis credit-card bills, | 你和我提过欧文在明尼阿波里斯的信用卡账单 |
[29:19] | I went on Facebook to see if he has any friends there. | 我在脸书上调查他在那里是否有朋友 |
[29:22] | Turns out, he has one — his college girlfriend. | 结果还真有 是他的大学女友 |
[29:25] | This is bad. This is so bad. | 太糟了 这真是太糟了 |
[29:27] | So, do we tell her now? | 我们现在要告诉她吗 |
[29:28] | She’s in the middle of a huge case. | 她现在正在处理一件大案子 |
[29:30] | As soon as it’s over, we’ll let her know. | 结束之后 我们就去告诉她 |
[29:32] | We’ll do it together, okay? | 我们一起去 好吗 |
[29:33] | In the meantime, can you get the key to Owen’s place again? | 与此同时 你能再拿到欧文家的钥匙吗 |
[29:35] | Of course. I made a copy. | 当然 我配了一把 |
[29:42] | Jane! | 简 |
[29:43] | Michelle. Hi, girls. | 米歇尔 你们好 姑娘们 |
[29:45] | Uh, look, there’s a warrant out for your arrest. | 听着 法官对你发出了逮捕令 |
[29:50] | Oh, my god. | 我的天呐 |
[29:51] | Michelle, you have to turn yourself in. | 米歇尔 你得去自首 |
[29:53] | But I’m innocent. | 但我是无辜的 |
[29:55] | You skipped art class. I have proof. | 你翘了美术课 我有证据 |
[29:58] | I’ve been skipping it for weeks. | 我已经逃了好几周了 |
[29:59] | After Chloe drops me off, | 克洛伊把我送到之后 |
[30:02] | Faye picks me up and we… | 法伊来接我 然后 |
[30:04] | We get stoned at Encina ta Park with Sandy. | 我们就和珊迪在橡树公园嗑嗨了 |
[30:06] | – It’s true. We swear. – Nice try. | -是真的 我们发誓 -编得不错 |
[30:08] | But on the day of the murder, you were not at the park. | 但谋杀当天 你们并不在公园 |
[30:11] | – You were at the school. – I know. | -你们在学校 -我知道 |
[30:13] | There was a fire on Westlake Boulevard, | 西湖大道上那天有火灾 |
[30:15] | so there was no way to get back to the park. | 所以我们那天不可能回到公园 |
[30:16] | Since Sandy lives near the school, | 因为珊迪家离学校很近 |
[30:18] | we thought we’d sneak over a fence | 我们就想从围墙上偷偷翻过去 |
[30:19] | and smoke under the football bleachers. | 然后躲在足球看台下吸大麻 |
[30:21] | The fire on Westlake Boulevard — | 西湖大道上的火灾… |
[30:22] | Was the road closed? | 道路被封了吗 |
[30:24] | Yeah, in both directions. | 是的 两个方向都封了 |
[30:25] | Please, just don’t tell my mom I was smoking pot. | 求你了 别告诉我妈 我在吸大麻 |
[30:27] | She’d go ballistic. | 她会生气暴走的 |
[30:28] | Michelle, that’s the least of your problems, okay? | 米歇尔 这还算小问题 知道吗 |
[30:30] | Now, listen — I’ll help you, | 现在听着 我会帮你的 |
[30:32] | but you have to turn yourself in. | 但你得先去自首 |
[30:40] | I’m not one for gossip, but we need to talk. | 我不是个八卦的人 但我们得谈谈 |
[30:43] | Did you hear Flo in accounting is sleeping with Judy the paralegal? | 你有听说会计部的弗洛和律师助理朱迪上床了吗 |
[30:46] | – Seriously? – No. Slushy? | -真的吗 -不 要喝沙冰吗 |
[30:48] | No. It makes me too cold, and I’m not wearing a bra. | 不 我喝完会发冷 而且我没穿内衣 |
[30:51] | Luke, the firm is looking to replace you as our creditor. | 卢克 律所正在找新的债权人来顶替你 |
[30:57] | – You mean with Gina Blunt? – So, you know? | -你是说吉娜·布朗特吗 -你知道 |
[30:59] | Sure. And there’s nothing I can do about it. | 当然 而且我对此无能为力 |
[31:01] | Why do you care? | 你怎么这么关心 |
[31:03] | I don’t like her, and I don’t trust her. | 我既不喜欢也不信任她 |
[31:05] | And now I’m intrigued. Go on. | 我有点感兴趣了 你继续说 |
[31:08] | Before Jane, I worked at another firm. | 在给简做助理之前 我在另一家律所工作 |
[31:10] | And Gina clawed her way to the top. | 吉娜一路爬上了公司高层 |
[31:12] | And on her way up, she got my boss fired. | 但做了高层以后 就把我老板炒了 |
[31:15] | That bitch is bad news. | 那个贱人臭名昭著 |
[31:16] | And if she replaces you, then I’m out of here, too. | 如果她取代了你 那我也要离开 |
[31:21] | It’s Jane. She needs me. | 是简 她需要我 |
[31:30] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[31:33] | I know, but we’re gonna get through this. | 我知道 但我们会一起度过这个难关 |
[31:37] | Michelle Surnow. | 米歇尔·苏诺 |
[31:38] | Yes? | 是的 |
[31:40] | Come with me. | 跟我走 |
[31:50] | Jane. | 简 |
[31:51] | Oh, great. Did you bring the evidence log? | 好极了 你把证据记录带来了吗 |
[31:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:53] | Everything that was confiscated at the Surnow house | 所有从苏诺家没收的物品 |
[31:55] | is highlighted in yellow. | 都用黄色做了标注 |
[31:56] | I need you to go to the evidence vault. | 我要你去趟证据库 |
[31:57] | Check out items 6 through 14. | 取出证物6至14 |
[31:59] | Get them to the crime lab. | 带到罪证化验室 |
[32:00] | I’ve left instructions with the director on duty. | 我把说明留在了值班主管那里 |
[32:02] | Then I want you to meet me at Michelle’s arraignment. | 然后在传讯米歇尔时和我碰头 |
[32:04] | She has just turned herself in. | 她刚刚自首了 |
[32:06] | Wait. Slow down. What’s going on? | 等等 说慢点 怎么了 |
[32:08] | I think I know who killed Brittney. | 我想我知道是谁杀了布兰妮 |
[32:11] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[32:12] | Docket 2231, Pepole vs. Michelle Surnow. | 案件编号2231 公诉米歇尔·苏诺一案 |
[32:15] | One count — murder in the first degree. | 一项一级谋杀罪名 |
[32:18] | Is the defendant prepared to enter a plea? | 辩方律师做好认罪辩诉准备了吗 |
[32:21] | No, your honor. | 没有 法官大人 |
[32:22] | And I know it’s unorthodox at an arraignment, | 我知道这在传讯时显得不太正常 |
[32:24] | but if you would permit me I would like to call a witness. | 但如果您能准许 我想传召一位证人 |
[32:27] | At an arraignment? Come on. | 在传讯的时候吗 得了吧 |
[32:29] | This isn’t poor man’s discovery. | 这又不是什么性命攸关的事 |
[32:31] | She can wait until trial like everyone else. | 她也可以像别人一样等到审讯 |
[32:33] | Please, we are talking about a 14-year-old girl | 求你了 这是个14岁的女孩 |
[32:35] | that has been railroaded by the prosecutor. | 她被公诉人以不实之罪起诉入狱 |
[32:38] | I implore you to hear this witness. | 我乞求您能见下这个证人 |
[32:40] | And if I go too far, | 如果我做得太过分了 |
[32:41] | by all means, hold me in contempt. | 您尽可以指控我藐视法庭 |
[32:44] | Considering the… | 鉴于… |
[32:45] | …severity of the charge, | 指控的严重性 |
[32:47] | and the age of the defendant, I’ll allow it. | 以及被告的年幼程度 我准许了 |
[32:50] | Defense calls Peg Surnow to the stand. | 辩方传召佩格·苏诺上庭 |
[33:00] | At the time of the murder, | 谋杀发生时 |
[33:01] | you were at the Lake Sherwood farmers’ market. | 你在雷克·舍伍德农贸市场 |
[33:03] | And you left your home at 5:00. | 你五点离开家 |
[33:05] | You returned about 7:00. Correct? | 然后大约七点回家 对吗 |
[33:07] | Yes. That’s right. | 对 没错 |
[33:09] | Here is a map. | 这是张地图 |
[33:12] | Now, in order to go from your home to the farmers’ market, | 看 从你家去农贸市场 |
[33:16] | you would have to take Westlake Boulevard. | 你得经过西湖大道 |
[33:18] | Is that the route you take? | 这是你走的路线吗 |
[33:19] | Yes. It’s the only way to get there. | 是的 这是去那里的唯一路线 |
[33:22] | Are you aware | 那你是否知道 |
[33:23] | that Westlake Boulevard was closed due to a fire | 西湖大道在命案当天因为火灾 |
[33:25] | 3:15 to 9:46 p.m. on the day of the murder? | 在晚上3点15至9点46实施了封闭 |
[33:33] | It was a really stressful night. | 那晚我情绪很紧张 |
[33:36] | Maybe I went to a different market? | 可能去的是别的市场吧 |
[33:38] | I’m — I’m not sure. | 我不太确定 |
[33:40] | Well, perhaps I can refresh your memory. | 或许我能帮你回忆一下 |
[33:42] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[33:43] | Teri. | 泰丽 |
[33:47] | On the night that Chloe was arrested, | 克洛伊被捕当晚 |
[33:49] | the police confiscated all of the shoes from your house. | 警方把你家所有的鞋子都没收了 |
[33:52] | Michelle is a size 6, Chloe’s a size 7, | 米歇尔穿6码 克洛伊穿7码 |
[33:55] | and you are size 9. Correct? | 而你穿9码 对吗 |
[33:57] | What does this have to do with anything? | 这个与案件有什么关系 |
[33:58] | The lab tested all of the shoes, | 化验室检查了所有的鞋子 |
[34:00] | and this pair of size 9 pumps has chlorine on the soles. | 在这双9码的鞋底测出了氯 |
[34:06] | Because I occasionally wear them | 因为我偶尔会穿这双鞋 |
[34:08] | around the pool of a friend of mine. | 在我朋友的泳池边走动 |
[34:13] | The chlorine is consistent with the chemical composition | 氯是克洛伊高中泳池内 |
[34:16] | of the pool water at Chloe’s high school, | 池水的化学成分之一 |
[34:18] | where Brittney was murdered. | 而布兰妮就是在那里遇害的 |
[34:22] | This is crazy, Jane. | 这太疯狂了 简 |
[34:25] | This is crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[34:27] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[34:29] | Peg, I know that you love your girls, | 佩格 我知道你爱你的女儿们 |
[34:34] | and you would do anything for them. | 你会为她们付出一切 |
[34:37] | So, start telling the truth. | 所以 说出真相吧 |
[34:38] | You do not want Michelle to go to jail for something you did. | 你也不想米歇尔因为你犯下的罪而坐牢吧 |
[34:49] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[34:51] | You’re sorry? | 抱歉 |
[34:52] | I didn’t want to kill Brittney. | 我不想杀布兰妮的 |
[34:54] | I didn’t mean to — | 我不是故意的… |
[34:55] | I didn’t even think I — | 我根本没想过会… |
[34:57] | What happened, Peg? | 佩格 怎么回事 |
[35:02] | I went to the pool to try to convince Brittney | 我去游泳池想劝布兰妮 |
[35:07] | not to testify against Chloe for cheating. | 不要指证克洛伊考试作弊 |
[35:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:12] | Chloe wanted to go to the interstate finals so badly, | 克洛伊那么渴望参加洲际决赛 |
[35:16] | and this girl was lying. | 可布兰妮却说谎害她 |
[35:18] | And so, I wanted to reason with her. | 所以我就想好好跟她讲道理 |
[35:20] | But she wouldn’t even get out of the pool to talk. | 可她连泳池也不出 根本不和我谈 |
[35:23] | She just laughed and swam away. | 还猖狂地笑着 游得远远的 |
[35:28] | And when she came up for air, she spit water in my face, | 等她中间换气的时候 就往我脸上吐水 |
[35:33] | And I — I just — I flipped. | 然后我就… 失控了 |
[35:38] | I’m sorry! | 对不起 |
[35:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:42] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:44] | I’m sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[35:47] | It’s just so sad. | 真是让人伤心 |
[35:49] | Hey, at least we found the right killer. | 别郁闷了 至少我们找出真正的凶手了 |
[35:52] | Yes, “We” did. | 是 “我们”找出了 |
[35:54] | And now the girls are gonna go live with their aunt Tracy, | 俩孩子以后要和姨妈特蕾西一起生活 |
[35:56] | who isn’t a cold-blooded murderer. | 至少她不是个冷血杀手 |
[35:58] | So, it’s practically “happily ever after” thanks to us. | 幸亏我们 他们终于”过上幸福生活了” |
[36:01] | Yes. Yes, right. Thanks to “us.” | 是 你说得对 真是多亏”我们”了 |
[36:03] | Kim, I got your text. What’s up? | 金 收到你短信了 怎么了 |
[36:05] | Oh, yeah. Uh, we need to get paid. | 是这样的 酬劳还没到手 |
[36:07] | Have you found the father? | 你找着他们的父亲没 |
[36:09] | Honestly, it’s like he has completely disappeared. | 说真的 他像是完全人间蒸发了 |
[36:12] | There’s no evidence that he ever went to New Mexico | 没有任何证据表明他曾去过新墨西哥州 |
[36:14] | or anywhere else. | 或是其他地方 |
[36:15] | Like your mother said, he hasn’t paid taxes | 跟你妈说得一样 他没纳过税 |
[36:18] | or gotten a driver’s license or opened a bank account. | 没拿到过驾照 也没有银行账户 |
[36:22] | I tried to contact his family, but he is an only child, | 我试着联系过他们家 可他是独子 |
[36:25] | and both of his parents are dead. | 双亲都去世了 |
[36:27] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉了 |
[36:28] | Um, I’ve got to go. | 我得走了 |
[36:35] | Black cherry slushy? | 来杯黑樱桃沙冰吗 |
[36:37] | Oh, uh…oh. | 好的 |
[36:39] | I’m Luke Daniels, firm’s creditor. | 卢克·丹尼尔 律所的债权人 |
[36:41] | Gina Blunt. It’s nice to meet you. | 吉娜·布朗特 幸会 |
[36:43] | I hear you’re thinking about paying off my loan, | 我听说你要偿还我的借款 |
[36:44] | Taking on my debt here. | 承担这里的债务 |
[36:46] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[36:47] | Have you seen the firm’s outstanding liabilities? | 你看过律所的未清偿债务了吗 |
[36:49] | I’m aware of the firm’s balance sheet. | 我了解律所的资产负债表 |
[36:51] | Parker’s been quite honest. | 帕克很坦诚 |
[36:53] | So, you know you’d be assuming a lot of risk. | 那你也知道这样做风险很大吧 |
[36:55] | Yeah, that’s — that’s true, Luke. | 对 是不小 卢克 你说得对 |
[36:58] | And yet, you invested. | 可你也投资了不是吗 |
[37:00] | My reasons were personal. | 我投资是由于个人原因 |
[37:01] | Ah. | 这样啊 |
[37:03] | I just wanted to make sure you had all the information. | 我没恶意 只是想确认你没被蒙蔽而已 |
[37:05] | How thoughtful. | 你想得真周到 |
[37:08] | You forgot your slushy. | 你忘了拿沙冰 |
[37:10] | I haven’t forgotten anything. | 我什么也没忘 |
[37:15] | Mom, I need to know | 妈 我得知道 |
[37:18] | why I had a falling out with Mrs. Surnow. | 我怎么就和苏诺太太闹翻了 |
[37:20] | Jane, take a breath. Can I pour you a glass of vino? | 简 深呼吸 要来杯葡萄酒吗 |
[37:23] | No, thank you. Listen — what happened between us? | 不 谢了 我们之间究竟发生了什么 |
[37:26] | And why did I stop talking to Chloe? | 为什么我不和克洛伊说话了 |
[37:28] | Well, I’m surprised you don’t remember | 我真意外你竟然忘了 |
[37:29] | because you were pretty upset back then. | 你那时为此烦躁了很久 |
[37:31] | Well, I probably blocked it out. Will you please just tell me? | 我可能是选择性遗忘了吧 现在能跟我说了吗 |
[37:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:36] | After Chloe’s father took off, she was a wreck. | 克洛伊父亲离开后 她就消极不振 |
[37:40] | She cried for weeks. | 整日以泪洗面 |
[37:41] | And you tried to convince Peg | 然后你就想劝佩格 |
[37:44] | to let her daughter call her father in New Mexico, | 让孩子给在新墨西哥州的父亲打个电话 |
[37:47] | But she was dead set against it. | 可她对此坚决反对 |
[37:49] | In fact, she forbade you from seeing Chloe because of it. | 于是 她就不再让你见克洛伊了 |
[37:54] | Mr. Surnow never paid those two alimony payments. | 苏诺先生从未给两个孩子支付过赡养费 |
[37:57] | In fact, I don’t think he ever went to New Mexico. | 而且我怀疑他根本就没去新墨西哥州 |
[38:01] | Why would Peg have lied about that? | 可佩格为什么要说谎呢 |
[38:05] | I think I need to make a call. | 我想我得打个电话 |
[38:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:15] | So, the detective found skeletal remains | 警探在后院发现了 |
[38:17] | of a man in their backyard. | 一具男子遗骸 |
[38:19] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[38:20] | Dental records are consistent with Mr. Surnow’s. | 牙科记录证实是苏诺先生 |
[38:24] | I just can’t believe it. | 真让人不敢相信 |
[38:26] | Hmm. After all these years. | 过了这么些年 |
[38:27] | Janie, how did you even know he was buried here? | 简宝 你怎么知道他被埋在这儿呢 |
[38:31] | Chloe said that her dad disappeared | 克洛伊说他父亲是在 |
[38:33] | in the middle of the night. | 午夜时不见的 |
[38:35] | If Peg killed him in the house, he’d be way too heavy to move. | 如果佩格在屋里杀了他 移尸一定很困难 |
[38:38] | She’d have to drag him out back and dig a hole. | 所以她就把他拖到后院 挖洞埋了 |
[38:43] | She made up a story, and we all believed it. | 她编了个故事 骗得我们团团转 |
[38:46] | He didn’t have any other family and no one missed him… | 而且他没有其他家人 也没人会惦记他 |
[38:50] | Except for his daughters. | 除了他的女儿们 |
[38:56] | You know what? Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[38:58] | Actually, while you were talking to the detective, Stacy called. | 你和警探说话的时候 史黛西来电话了 |
[39:02] | We need to make a stop. | 我们得先去她那里 |
[39:07] | Hello, there. | 请进 |
[39:08] | Am I interrupting? | 打扰到你了吗 |
[39:09] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[39:11] | I would like to assume the firm’s debt. | 我想承担律所的债务 |
[39:12] | I accept your offer. | 我接受你的提议 |
[39:15] | That is fantastic news. | 真是个好消息 |
[39:19] | Hey, how about we go celebrate? | 我们去庆祝庆祝怎么样 |
[39:20] | Uh, actually tonight I have plans. Rain check? | 抱歉今晚有约了 改天吧 |
[39:22] | Anytime. Welcome aboard. | 随时恭候大驾 欢迎加入律所 |
[39:31] | Mom, what are we doing here? | 妈 我们来这做什么 |
[39:33] | It’s been a long day. I just want to go home. | 今天事够多了 我想赶紧回家 |
[39:40] | Jane. | 简 |
[39:41] | Uh, we need you to listen to us. | 你好好听我们说 |
[39:44] | Is that Owen’s sweater? | 那不是欧文的运动衫吗 |
[39:47] | And the stuffed frog that he won for me at the pier. | 还有那个他在码头给我赢的毛绒青蛙 |
[39:51] | We’re doing an ex-fiance bonfire. | 我们是要做前未婚夫的篝火祭吗 |
[39:53] | Jane, we love you, and we care about you, | 简 我们很爱你 也很担心你 |
[39:56] | which is why we need to tell you the truth about Owen. | 所以必须得告诉你关于欧文的真相 |
[39:59] | He went to Minneapolis, | 欧文去明尼阿波利斯了 |
[40:00] | where his college girlfriend lives. | 他大学时代的女友住在那里 |
[40:03] | You went on facebook? | 你去脸书查了 |
[40:04] | She did. | 她查的 |
[40:05] | A-and she got his credit-card bills. | 她查了他的信用卡账单 |
[40:08] | He stayed at a motel. | 欧文待在一家汽车旅馆里 |
[40:09] | Wait. How do you know about facebook? | 等等 你怎么知道脸书的事 |
[40:13] | Because I did my research. | 因为我也调查过了 |
[40:16] | You know? I just — | 我只是… |
[40:18] | I just wasn’t ready to admit it. | 我只是不想去承认而已 |
[40:21] | But I still had hope. | 我还是抱有希望 |
[40:23] | Well, if you want, we can just go home | 只要你想 我们这就回家 |
[40:27] | and forget about this. | 忘掉这一切 |
[40:28] | And there’s nothing wrong with a little denial. | 小小自欺欺人一下 也没什么不好 |
[40:30] | No, actually, there is. | 不 算了吧 |
[40:33] | Owen doesn’t want to marry me. | 欧文根本不想娶我 |
[40:36] | And as much as I don’t want to say that… | 无论我多不想承认… |
[40:43] | …I need to face it and move on. | 我还是要面对现实 向前看 |
[40:47] | So, who has a match? | 所以 谁有火柴 |
[40:50] | Teri? | 泰丽 |