时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that inspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | And the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Luke. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使卢克 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | …and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:46] | Hey, sweetie. Have you seen my — | 亲爱的 你看到我的 |
[00:48] | Engagement ring? | 订婚戒指吗 |
[00:49] | Yes, like 101 times, and it’s gorgeous. | 看到了啊 一直在眼前闪 超美的 |
[00:52] | It is gorgeous. | 确实很美 |
[00:54] | But I was gonna ask, “Have you seen my fiance?” | 我本来想问你 “你看见我未婚夫了没” |
[00:57] | Owen left about an hour ago. He had an early meeting. | 欧文一小时前走了 早上要开会 |
[01:00] | So, now that you’re awake, | 正好你醒了 |
[01:02] | I’ve downloaded a to-do list from I’m Engaged.com. | 我从订婚网给你下载了任务清单 |
[01:05] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[01:06] | Oh, I’m ready. | 准备好了 |
[01:08] | Number one, have you created your wedding blog? | 第一 你有自己的婚礼博客吗 |
[01:11] | Of course. | 当然 |
[01:12] | It is personal, interactive, and linked to a guestbook. | 有个性 有互动性 还链接到留言本 |
[01:15] | Check. Okay, engagement announcements? | 过 那么订婚公告呢 |
[01:18] | I have a photo of me and Owen at the Ponte Vecchio | 我在一百磅的订婚专用卡纸上 |
[01:20] | on 100-pound Matte Cardstock. | 印了我和欧文在旧桥的照片 |
[01:22] | Check. Big question. Drumroll, please. | 过 重要问题 请鼓声伺候 |
[01:27] | Who’s baking your wedding cake? | 谁来烤你的结婚蛋糕 |
[01:31] | You are, of course! | 当然是你了 |
[01:33] | 今 爱笑的海豚 | |
[01:34] | Okay, so shall we start talking cake concepts? | 好 那我们是不是应该开始讨论蛋糕主题了 |
[01:36] | MythCreator | |
[01:37] | As much as I want to do this right now, | 虽然我很想现在立刻展开讨论 |
[01:38] | I have an important meeting with a potential client. | 但是我要和一位潜在客户有个重要会面 |
[01:41] | Say no more. | 不用说了 |
[01:42] | I will brainstorm while you go to work. | 我会在你工作的时候集思广益 |
[01:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:45] | Good luck, future Mrs. Owen French. | 祝你好运 未来的欧文·法兰奇夫人 |
[01:53] | Check it out. | 看 |
[01:56] | Pretty awesome, huh? | 很棒吧 |
[01:57] | – What is it? – Are you kidding me? | -这是什么 -你开玩笑呢吧 |
[02:00] | It’s — it’s a Mickey Mouse pancake. Don’t you see it? | 这是米老鼠煎饼 看不出来吗 |
[02:02] | Big ears, little…chin. | 大耳朵 小下巴 |
[02:04] | It looks like someone took a bite out of a frisbee. | 倒像是有人在飞盘上咬了一口 |
[02:07] | That’s exactly what I was going for. | 我追求的就是这个效果 |
[02:10] | No. | 我不吃 |
[02:13] | All right. What’s going on, Eric? | 好吧 到底怎么了 艾瑞克 |
[02:14] | Aren’t you excited to see your mom today? | 你今天要见你妈妈了 难道不兴奋吗 |
[02:16] | I know she’s excited to see you. | 我知道她要见到你可兴奋了 |
[02:17] | In fact, she’s coming to my office | 实际上她要去我办公室 |
[02:19] | so she can take you to school. | 这样她就能送你去上学了 |
[02:21] | And then what? | 之后呢 |
[02:24] | I’ll never see you again. | 我永远都见不到你了 |
[02:27] | No way, Jose. | 不会的 荷西 |
[02:30] | I’m gonna talk to your mom, and we’re gonna figure this out. | 我会和你妈妈谈 我们会想出解决方法的 |
[02:33] | I’m thinking Saturday will be our day. | 我在考虑每周六应该是我们相见的日子 |
[02:36] | And if you’re not gonna eat this frisbee pancake, | 如果你不吃这个飞盘煎饼 |
[02:39] | Let’s at least see how it flies. | 那我们至少能看看它是怎么飞的 |
[02:42] | Go long. | 跑远点 |
[02:44] | Here it comes. | 来了啊 |
[02:51] | Teri, I can’t thank you enough for this opportunity. | 泰丽 实在感激你能给我这次机会 |
[02:53] | Working for Kim is not an opportunity. | 为金工作算不上是次机会 |
[02:55] | It is an execution. | 而是被处以极刑 |
[02:57] | I just need a job. | 我只是需要一份工作 |
[02:58] | Okay, well, to be her assistant, you have to figure out | 要想当她的助理 你得在她有任何需求之前 |
[03:00] | what she needs before she needs it, | 先搞明白她需要什么 |
[03:02] | whether it’s a file or an e-mail password | 无论是文件或者是电邮密码 |
[03:05] | or her gynecologist’s emergency phone number or — | 抑或是她妇科医生的紧急电话号码 又或者是 |
[03:08] | car keys! | 车钥匙 |
[03:09] | Teri, I can’t find my — | 泰丽 我找不到我的 |
[03:10] | Keys, briefcase your cellphone is charged. | 钥匙 公文包 还有你的手机已经充好电了 |
[03:12] | Breath strips are in the outer flap, | 口气清醒剂放在包包外袋 |
[03:14] | And…driving directions in case your GPS goes wonky. | 还有以防你的导航仪不靠谱 这有行车路线图 |
[03:18] | Thank you, uh… | 谢谢你 |
[03:20] | Liz. She’s your new assistant. Parker authorized the hire. | 丽兹 她是你的新助理 帕克批准雇佣的 |
[03:23] | She’s an old friend, | 她是我的老朋友 |
[03:25] | And she’s gonna kick ass for you. | 她会让你所向披靡 |
[03:26] | Okay. Well, I’m off… | 好 我要离开一下 |
[03:29] | To a very important meeting | 去参加一个非常重要的会议 |
[03:30] | to land a fortune 500 client. | 争取一位世界五百强客户 |
[03:32] | – How do you know that? – I heard you praying in the bathroom. | -你怎么知道 -我听见你在厕所里祈祷来着 |
[03:34] | I wasn’t praying. I was rehearsing. | 我才没有祈祷 我是在彩排 |
[03:36] | And before I go, can I just get — | 我走之前 能给我 |
[03:37] | Half-caf, two splendas, soy milk. | 低咖啡因 两包代糖 豆奶咖啡 |
[03:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:44] | How’d I do? | 我做得怎么样 |
[03:45] | A little brown-nosey, but you’re off to a great start. | 有一点点多事 不过算是不错的开场 |
[03:50] | It sounds cliche? But Alan was my whole world, | 也许听上去很老套 但艾伦是我的一切 |
[03:54] | from the moment I met him. | 从我遇见他的那刻起就如此 |
[03:56] | We couldn’t wait to have kids, to start a family. | 我们迫不及待要生孩子 组建家庭 |
[03:59] | We just bought a new home | 我们刚刚买了一栋新房子 |
[04:00] | with a tree house in the backyard. | 后院还有个树屋 |
[04:03] | I-I know what it’s like to be in love. | 我知道坠入爱河是什么感觉 |
[04:05] | I just can’t imagine. | 我只是无法想象 |
[04:08] | Ms. Bingum, oil rigs are supposed to be safe. | 宾格温小姐 石油钻塔应该很安全 |
[04:11] | Ivar Oil told us that he would be safe… | 伊瓦尔油业跟我们说 他会平安无事 |
[04:15] | and then this… | 之后就发生了这件事 |
[04:15] | 洛杉矶时报 海上作业致命事故 通道内钻机平台塌方 | |
[04:20] | How could this happen? | 怎么会发生这种事 |
[04:23] | We don’t know how this happened. | 我们也不知道怎么会发生这种事故 |
[04:24] | I understand there was a fatality? | 这种行业是不是都有致命率 |
[04:27] | Alan Maslin. The ballast-control operator. | 艾伦·马斯林 是压载控制的技术人员 |
[04:29] | Look, Ivar rigs are the most stable in the industry. | 伊瓦尔的钻塔是业界最稳定的 |
[04:32] | And the inner passage met every safety requirement. | 而内部通道达到所有安全标准 |
[04:34] | And if this goes to trial, we can make those arguments. | 如果要上庭 我们可以就这些点立论 |
[04:37] | But right now, you have a dead employee, | 但现在 你死了一名雇员 |
[04:39] | And the only thing to blame is the rig. | 而唯一的问题就只能出在钻塔上 |
[04:41] | Did Alan ever mention any safety concerns before the collapse? | 艾伦在塌方之前有针对安全隐患提出质疑吗 |
[04:44] | Yeah. | 有 |
[04:45] | He thought there might be something wrong | 他认为压载控制系统 |
[04:46] | with the ballast-control system. | 可能有问题 |
[04:48] | Our ballast-control system was state-of-the-art. | 我们的压载控制系统是最先进的 |
[04:50] | We passed every single federal inspection. | 我们通过了每一项联邦检测 |
[04:53] | We’ve done nothing wrong here. Accidents happen. | 我们没做错什么 天有不测风云 |
[04:55] | Has there been any contact with the victim’s family? | 你们和被害者的家人有联系过吗 |
[04:58] | No one’s contacted me. | 没人联系过我 |
[05:00] | I mean, other than to tell me he was dead. | 除了通知我他死了 |
[05:02] | I’m not surprised. | 我并不惊讶 |
[05:03] | Anything they say could be used against them. | 无论他们说什么 都会被用来反击他们 |
[05:05] | I just want them to take responsibility. | 我只希望他们能负起责任来 |
[05:07] | The press is calling Alan Maslin a hero. | 新闻媒体都把艾伦·马斯林当成英雄 |
[05:10] | They’re saying that his co-workers owe him their lives | 他们说他的同事都欠他一条命 |
[05:12] | and that he prevented a massive oil spill. | 而也正是他阻止了大面积的原油泄漏 |
[05:15] | I’ve seen the coverage. | 我看到新闻报道了 |
[05:16] | We anticipate a significant claim. | 我们已经预计到他们会索要巨额赔款 |
[05:18] | Should you hire my firm, our strategy is simple — | 你要不要考虑请我们律所 我们的战术很简单 |
[05:21] | Inundate the other side with motions and discovery. | 用大量动议和证据来淹没对方 |
[05:24] | You do not want a widow’s claim to make it to a jury. | 你可不希望一个寡妇在庭上给陪审团讲故事 |
[05:27] | We want to get this to a jury as soon as possible. | 我们需要尽快直面陪审团 |
[05:29] | If you hire my firm, our strategy will be | 如果你和我们律所合作 我们的策略将是 |
[05:32] | to fast-track your claim in federal court. | 把你的案子尽快呈上联邦法庭 |
[05:37] | – Ms. Bingum, there’s something I want you to hear. – Okay. | -宾格温小姐 我还有件事要告诉你 -好 |
[05:40] | As the rig was going down, my husband left me a voicemail. | 发生塌方时 我丈夫给我留了一条语音留言 |
[05:45] | Baby, it’s me. We got a problem out here. | 亲爱的 是我 这里出问题了 |
[05:48] | I’m doing everything I can, but it’s not looking good. | 我尽了全力 但仍没有改善 |
[05:51] | I got to stay back | 我得留守到最后 |
[05:52] | until the others can get clear of this mess. | 直到其他人都平安离开 |
[05:54] | But… I love you, and I hope… | 但 我爱你 希望… |
[06:00] | I’m so sorry. | 我很难过 |
[06:06] | And then dad took me to the place where you see the stars. | 然后爸爸带我去了一个可以看星星的地方 |
[06:09] | Griffith Observatory. | 是葛瑞菲斯天文台 |
[06:11] | Nice. | 不错嘛 |
[06:13] | Mom, why couldn’t the astronaut | 妈妈 为什么宇航员不能 |
[06:15] | book a room on the moon? | 在月球上预定房间 |
[06:17] | – Because the moon was full. – Because the moon was full. | -因为那是满月 -因为那是满月 |
[06:20] | Oh, that’s a good one. | 这笑话可真冷 |
[06:23] | Baby, why don’t you go wait in the lobby for a second, okay? | 亲爱的 你能到大厅里去等一会吗 |
[06:26] | I need to talk to dad. | 我和你爸有话说 |
[06:27] | – All right. – Okay? | -好吧 -好吗 |
[06:31] | I got a nursing job. | 我找到份护理的工作 |
[06:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[06:34] | You got your nursing license back? | 你拿回护理执照了吗 |
[06:35] | Well, not in the U.S. That’s still pending. | 美国的还没有拿到 还在待办阶段 |
[06:38] | So, where’s the job? | 那这份工作在哪里 |
[06:41] | – In Toronto. – Toronto. | -在多伦多 -多伦多 |
[06:43] | Canada? As in, clear across the continent? | 加拿大吗 横跨了整个大洲的那个 |
[06:46] | Jay, the way you feel about being a lawyer | 杰 护士对我而言 |
[06:48] | is the way I feel about being a nurse. | 就像律师对你而言那么重要 |
[06:50] | And since I can’t practice in the U.S. — | 既然我不能在美国工作 |
[06:53] | But Eric wants me close. I want to be close. | 但艾瑞克想和我亲近 我也想和他亲近 |
[06:55] | And I appreciate that, | 这点我非常感激 |
[06:57] | but the move is what’s best for me and Eric. | 但搬家对我和艾瑞克都是最好的选择 |
[07:01] | We leave in two days. | 我们两天后就离开了 |
[07:07] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:16] | – Is that all for me? – Mm-hmm. | -都是给我的吗 -对 |
[07:18] | Getting engaged is like Christmas morning. | 订婚就像圣诞节的早晨[都会收到很多礼物] |
[07:22] | Now, that is a vase from Judge Summers. | 这个是萨莫斯法官送的花瓶 |
[07:24] | And the champagne is from your mother. | 香槟是你妈送的 |
[07:25] | She signed the card “Finally.” | 还附了张写着”总算订婚了”的卡片 |
[07:28] | And the orchid is from your fiance. | 这盆兰花是你未婚夫送的 |
[07:31] | The note says that he’s sorry. | 还写了张道歉卡 |
[07:32] | He has to go out of town for a few days. | 他得出城几天 |
[07:33] | He’s gonna visit his friend Eddie Channing? | 他说要去看他的朋友埃迪·查宁 |
[07:36] | His college roommate. Lives in Seattle. | 是他的大学室友 住在西雅图 |
[07:38] | Know how I know that? | 想知道我怎么知道的吗 |
[07:39] | Um, because now that you’re engaged to Owen, | 因为现在你和欧文订婚了 |
[07:41] | your hearts beat as one? | 所以你们心有灵犀吗 |
[07:42] | You better believe it. | 信不信由你 |
[07:44] | Well, Eddie was in a motorcycle accident. | 埃迪出了桩摩托车事故 |
[07:46] | – Oh, no. – Yeah, just a couple of broken bones. | -不是吧 -是的 断了几根骨头 |
[07:48] | Not a big deal. I think he’ll be okay. | 不太严重 我想他会没事的 |
[07:50] | It’s all in the card. | 全写在卡片上了 |
[07:51] | Jane, Parker wants to see us in his office. | 简 帕克要我们去他办公室 |
[07:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:54] | I don’t know. Is it your birthday or something? | 不知道 今天你过生日吗 |
[07:57] | She got engaged, Kim. | 她订婚了 金 |
[07:59] | Oh, good for you. Let’s go. | 真好 走吧 |
[08:03] | Alan Maslin and | 艾伦·马斯林和 |
[08:05] | the Ivar Oil rig collapse. | 伊瓦尔油业钻塔坍塌事故 |
[08:07] | – That’s my case. – That’s my case. | -这是我的案子 -是我的案子 |
[08:09] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[08:10] | And therein lies the problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[08:12] | You each met with opposing parties, | 你们各自与对立的双方见了面 |
[08:14] | and the firm can’t represent both sides. | 但律所不能同时代理双方 |
[08:17] | Well, uh, I’m a partner now, so — | 既然现在我是合伙人 那… |
[08:19] | Partner or not, | 我管你是合伙人 |
[08:19] | Annie Maslin is counting on me. | 安妮·马斯林可全指望我了 |
[08:21] | And the firm is counting on billable hours from Ivar Oil. | 而律所还指望着伊瓦尔油业的律师费呢 |
[08:22] | What am I gonna say, “Yes, I’ll help you,” | 我要怎么说 “是的 我会帮你” |
[08:23] | And then be like, “No, I’m not gonna help you”? | 然后就成了 “不 我不能帮你了” |
[08:24] | What are you even saying right now? | 你都在说什么啊 |
[08:26] | Okay, the oil company represents long-term upside. | 石油公司代表律所的长期收益 |
[08:31] | But jury verdict for a grieving widow — | 但陪审团会做出利于悲情寡妇的裁决 |
[08:34] | Instant payday. | 能产生即时收益 |
[08:35] | So whoever gets the retainer agreement first | 所以谁能先拿到代理合同 |
[08:37] | gets the client. | 就代理谁的客户 |
[08:38] | Oh, well, I just faxed one to them. | 我刚把合同传真给他们 |
[08:40] | I should have a signature in a few minutes. Sorry, Jane. | 几分钟后就能签字同意 抱歉 简 |
[08:42] | Apology rejected. | 驳回道歉 |
[08:43] | Retainer agreement signed by Annie Maslin. | 这是安妮·马斯林签的代理合同 |
[08:46] | Bam. | 一锤定音 |
[08:49] | And we have a winner. | 胜负已分 |
[08:53] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉了 |
[08:57] | I’m Jack Starnum, | 我是杰克·斯达纳姆 |
[08:58] | C.E.O. Of Ivar Oil. | 伊瓦尔油业的执行总裁 |
[08:59] | This is Gordon Marks, my V.P. of project services. | 这是戈登·马克斯 项目服务的副总裁 |
[09:02] | We appreciate you coming in so quickly. | 非常感谢你们能这么快赶来 |
[09:04] | Can we get started? | 我们能开始了吗 |
[09:06] | Actually, we’re still waiting on our attorney. | 其实 我们还在等律师 |
[09:09] | As you know, we almost went with your firm. | 如你所知 我们差点就和贵律所合作了 |
[09:12] | Oh, yeah, I’ve heard something about that. | 是的 我略有耳闻 |
[09:15] | That’s a magnificent ancistrochilus, Miss Bingum. | 这株钩唇兰长得真好 宾格温小姐 |
[09:18] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[09:19] | Your orchid. | 你的兰花 |
[09:21] | Oh, well, thank you. It’s from my — my fiance. | 谢谢 这是我未婚夫送的 |
[09:25] | I’m an amateur botanist. | 我算是个业余的植物学家 |
[09:26] | So sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[09:28] | Walter Burr, Duddly & Burr. | 沃尔特·伯尔 来自德利·伯尔律所 |
[09:30] | Hello. I am Jane Bingum, and this is — | 你好 我是简·宾格温 这是… |
[09:33] | Look, we’re prepared to offer Ms. Maslin | 我们准备赔偿马斯林女士 |
[09:35] | $20,000 plus funeral expenses. | 2万美元及所有丧葬费用 |
[09:38] | We’d like to keep your client from suffering the heartache | 我们希望你的委托人不用因为持久诉讼 |
[09:41] | and the expense of protracted litigation. | 伤心又烧钱 |
[09:43] | Well, Mr. Burr, that was rude, | 伯尔先生 这可真无礼 |
[09:46] | and my client is maxed out on heartache, so… | 我的委托人已经伤心到极致了 所以 |
[09:50] | Please come back when you have a serious offer. | 等有了合理的赔偿提议再来吧 |
[09:52] | And in the meantime, you should be aware | 与此同时 告知你们一声 |
[09:53] | that we have filed in federal court. | 我们已在联邦法庭立了案 |
[09:56] | And you should be aware our salvage team | 也告诉你们一声 我们的抢救小组 |
[09:58] | found the inner passage black box this morning. | 今早找到了内部通道的黑匣子 |
[10:01] | And it indicates | 记录显示 |
[10:02] | that Alan Maslin disengaged the ballast-control system | 艾伦·马斯林在暴风雨时 解除了 |
[10:04] | during the storm and botched the manual adjustments. | 压载控制系统并采用拙劣的人工调整 |
[10:08] | Your husband… panicked | 你丈夫当时慌了 |
[10:10] | and is responsible for the accident. | 他要为这起事故负责 |
[10:12] | No. No, Alan was a hero. | 不 不 艾伦是英雄 |
[10:15] | There was something wrong with the BCS, | 是压载控制系统有问题 |
[10:16] | and he told you so. | 他也跟你们说过了 |
[10:18] | What’s wrong with you people? | 你们这些人是怎么了 |
[10:24] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[10:30] | Annie. Annie? | 安妮 安妮 |
[10:32] | I hate them. | 我恨他们 |
[10:34] | I know you do. | 我知道 |
[10:35] | But let’s hate them productively, okay? | 但让我们恨有所值 好吗 |
[10:38] | Now, you just said that Alan told Ivar | 你刚才说艾伦曾向伊瓦尔报告过 |
[10:41] | the BCS was malfunctioning, right? | 压载控制系统出故障了 是吗 |
[10:43] | So if we can prove that they had notice, | 如果我们能证明他们已知晓这件事 |
[10:45] | then their failure to correct the problem proves negligence. | 那他们未能解决问题就构成过失 |
[10:49] | Alan told me he sent them some sort of report. | 艾伦和我说过 他曾发过报告给他们 |
[10:51] | Great, great. Uh, can you find me a copy? | 好极了 能给我找份副本吗 |
[10:54] | Maybe in his files or his computer. | 可能在他的文件夹或是电脑里 |
[10:56] | I’ll look. | 我去找找 |
[10:57] | Okay. Annie, listen to me. | 好的 安妮 听我说 |
[10:59] | You get me that report, and I’ll make them pay. | 你给我那份报告 我就让他们付出代价 |
[11:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:05] | Flights to Canada. | 飞加拿大的航班啊 |
[11:07] | What, are you trying to duck the draft? | 怎么 你是要逃兵役吗 |
[11:09] | Elisa’s moving to Toronto the day after tomorrow. | 伊莉莎后天就要去多伦多了 |
[11:14] | She’s taking Eric. | 带着艾瑞克一起 |
[11:15] | What? I thought everything was — was great. | 什么 我还以为一切都很顺利 |
[11:18] | You know, I want to be a good dad, but, realistically, | 我想做一个好父亲 可实际上呢 |
[11:21] | I mean, how often am I gonna get to see him now? | 现在我得隔多久才能见他一次啊 |
[11:24] | Well, you could file a petition with family court | 你可以向家庭法庭起诉 |
[11:24] | 非婚生孩子的父亲通过这一文件可以确定亲缘关系 并享有父亲应有的权利和义务 | |
[11:26] | for a declaration of paternity. | 要求确认父子关系 |
[11:28] | It’s a slam dunk for a restraining order | 这绝对可以取得禁令 |
[11:30] | keeping Elisa in L.A. | 让伊莉莎待在洛杉矶 |
[11:31] | I want to keep things civil. | 我想和平解决 |
[11:32] | Look, you have to pursue this now, | 但你必须这么做 |
[11:34] | or it’s just gonna get harder down the line. | 否则以后会更难 |
[11:36] | A court will wonder why you waited. | 法庭会质疑你什么现在不起诉 |
[11:37] | And if I force Elisa into court, | 如果我把伊莉莎告上法庭 |
[11:39] | I might wreck any chance I have | 这可能会毁掉 |
[11:42] | of a good relationship with my son. | 我和儿子的关系 |
[11:53] | You’ve reached Owen French. Please leave a message. | 这里是欧文·法兰奇 请留言 |
[11:56] | Hey, fiance? | 嗨 未婚夫 |
[11:59] | I’m just checking in, seeing how you’re doing. | 我只是打来看看你怎么样 |
[12:02] | And Eddie, too, of course. | 当然还有问候埃迪 |
[12:04] | Uh, miss you. | 想你哦 |
[12:06] | Call me. Or text or e-mail. Okay, love you. Bye. | 给我回电 或者短信邮件 爱你 再见 |
[12:11] | Hey, sweetie. What a surprise. | 亲爱的 真没想到 |
[12:14] | Are we doing lunch? | 一起吃午饭吗 |
[12:15] | Ah, sorry. No time. Previous engagement. | 抱歉 我没时间 已经有约了 |
[12:19] | There she is, my favorite tenant. | 她在这 我最爱的房客 |
[12:21] | Oh, did I say “Favorite”? | 噢 我说了最爱吗 |
[12:22] | I meant one of my favorite tenants. | 我指的是最爱的房客之一 |
[12:24] | It’s a tie. | 你们不分胜负 |
[12:25] | Okay, rain check. | 走吧 改天再一起 |
[12:27] | Jane, you just got a call. | 简 你刚有个电话 |
[12:29] | From Owen? Oh, good. | 欧文打来的吗 太好了 |
[12:30] | I hope you told him I planned the whole wedding without him. | 希望你已经说了 我一个人设计了整个婚礼 |
[12:32] | No, you didn’t tell him that, did you? Don’t tell him that. | 不 你没告诉他吧 别说那个 |
[12:35] | How’s Eddie? | 埃迪怎么样了 |
[12:36] | It wasn’t Owen. | 不是欧文打来的 |
[12:37] | It was Annie Maslin, your client. | 是安妮·马斯林 你的客户 |
[12:39] | She found a copy of the report | 她发现她丈夫寄给 |
[12:40] | her husband sent to Ivar Oil. | 伊瓦尔石油报告的副本 |
[12:41] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[12:43] | You and Grayson are meeting her downstairs for coffee. | 你和格雷森要和她在楼下喝咖啡 |
[12:45] | Oh, great. Thanks. Oh, and if Owen calls… | 很好 谢了 如果欧文打来 |
[12:47] | Interrupt you, no matter what. | 无论如何都告诉你 |
[12:50] | The report’s a little technical, so I asked tom to join us. | 这是份技术报告 所以我请来了汤姆 |
[12:53] | He’s an engineer. | 他是名工程师 |
[12:54] | Alan and I worked on half a dozen rigs together, | 艾伦和我在六个钻塔共事过 |
[12:55] | so anything you need. | 随便问 |
[12:57] | Well, actually… | 事实上 |
[12:58] | Uh, “A 1.5-degree leeward decline | 这里 在平均18米的海平面上 |
[13:01] | in moderate 18-meter seas | 上的1.5度的背风下降引发了 |
[13:03] | caused a sequence of bcs R.O.A.s.” | 一系列的压载控制系统警报 |
[13:07] | The R.O.A. is a run-off alarm. | R.O.A.是一个溢流警报 |
[13:08] | It’s like a false alarm for the BCS — | 就像是压载控制系统的假警报 |
[13:10] | it’s the ballast-control system | 压载控制系统 |
[13:12] | what keeps the rig steady. | 保证钻塔的稳固 |
[13:15] | What if we still don’t follow? | 我们还是不太懂怎么办 |
[13:17] | Okay, let’s imagine this half-and-half | 好吧 把这个混合奶精想象成 |
[13:19] | as a semi-submersible floating oil rig. | 半潜式漂浮钻塔 |
[13:22] | – Okay? -Okay. | -明白吗 -嗯 |
[13:24] | Now, the tide rises, | 潮升的时候 |
[13:27] | and the rig platform rises with it. | 钻塔同时上升 |
[13:30] | Now, the bcs keeps it on an even keel… | 压载控制系统能保证钻塔平稳 |
[13:32] | Or over it goes. | 否则平台就会翻沉 |
[13:35] | Alan’s report stated that | 艾伦的报告指出 |
[13:37] | that the ballast-control system was no good, | 压载控制系统不好用 |
[13:38] | that the false alarms were off the charts. | 假警报太频繁了 |
[13:40] | – He was right. – How would you know that? | -他是对的 -你怎么知道 |
[13:42] | Because I was on the inner passage with Alan. | 因为我当时和艾伦在内航道 |
[13:44] | He asked me to proofread his report before he sent it off. | |
[13:47] | All the engineers were aware of the problem. | 所有工程师都知道有这问题 |
[13:49] | So if the bcs was working right, | 所以如果压载控制系统正常工作 |
[13:51] | Alan would not have disengaged it. | 艾伦也不会解除它 |
[13:52] | But during the storm, he couldn’t risk it, | 但在暴风雨中 他不能冒这个险 |
[13:54] | – which is why he went manual. – Exactly. | -所以他转成人工操作的 -没错 |
[13:55] | Do you know if Alan got a reply to his report? | 艾伦的报告得到回复了吗 |
[13:58] | Um, I don’t. I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 我不清楚 |
[14:00] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[14:01] | Ivar will have a copy of the report in their files, | 伊瓦尔的档案中会有报告的副本 |
[14:04] | and that will prove that they were on notice. | 那可以证明他们事先对此知情 |
[14:12] | Got your message. Is everything okay? | 我收到你的留言 一切都好吗 |
[14:15] | Everything is great. | 一切都很好 |
[14:16] | I had to pull a few strings, but I got you a job. | 我走了关系 给你找了份工作 |
[14:20] | What? | 什么 |
[14:20] | Yeah, it’s at St. Catherine’s, in the Admin Dept. | 圣凯瑟琳医院的行政部 |
[14:23] | Twice your previous salary. | 工资是之前的两倍 |
[14:25] | You’ll be working with nurses, coordinating human relations… | 你会和护士共事 协调人际关系 |
[14:27] | Jay, I already have a job. | 杰伊 我有工作了 |
[14:29] | Yeah, in Canada. This job is right around the corner. | 那可在加拿大 这工作就在附近 |
[14:34] | Look, I’m not trying to take Eric away from you. | 我也不想把艾瑞克从你身边带走 |
[14:36] | Then don’t. | 那就别带走 |
[14:37] | But I’m an O.R. Nurse. | 但我是手术室护士 |
[14:38] | I’m not an administrative coordinator. | 又不是行政协调员 |
[14:40] | You kept Eric a secret from me for seven years, and now… | 你把艾瑞克瞒了七年 而现在 |
[14:42] | – And now what? – You owe this to me. | -现在如何 -这是你欠我的 |
[14:52] | Wait. | 等下 |
[14:54] | Elisa, wait. | 伊莉莎 等等 |
[14:56] | Jay, I’m going to Canada | 杰伊 我去加拿大 |
[14:58] | because it’s what’s best for Eric. | 因为对艾瑞克来说 那是最好的选择 |
[15:01] | My child, my decision. | 我的孩子 我做主 |
[15:09] | I can have a move-away custody suit | 一小时内我可以提交 |
[15:11] | filed within the hour. | 移居抚养权诉讼文件 |
[15:16] | Do it. | 听你的 |
[15:20] | Ivar Oil’s response to Alan’s memo | 伊瓦尔石油对艾伦备忘录的回复 |
[15:22] | wasn’t indexed with their discovery. | 没有编入证据索引 |
[15:24] | Did you look through all the boxes? | 已经查了所有资料吗 |
[15:26] | Yes, Liz and I searched every file. | 丽兹和我查了所有档案 |
[15:28] | What about Alan’s report? | 那艾伦的报告呢 |
[15:29] | I mean, Ivar should have included a copy. | 伊瓦尔总该留了份复件吧 |
[15:31] | It’s like it never existed. | 像是从未存在过 |
[15:33] | They’re playing games. | 他们故意的 |
[15:34] | That’s why I called the magistrate’s office. | 所以我打给了地方法官 |
[15:36] | He’s seeing you in an hour. | 他一个小时内要见你 |
[15:38] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:39] | Mr. Burr, tell me why i shouldn’t immediately impose sanctions | 伯尔先生 给我一个理由 你的委托人 |
[15:42] | for your client’s discovery violation? | 为什么不应该因违反证据条例受到处罚 |
[15:44] | Because there was no such report. | 因为不存在这样的报告 |
[15:46] | We’re not hiding anything. | 我们可没有隐瞒什么 |
[15:47] | Wow. Lying. | 撒谎 |
[15:49] | We have Alan Maslin’s report right here. | 我们手边就有艾伦·马斯林的报告 |
[15:52] | Whatever she’s holding has no | 不管她拿的什么 |
[15:53] | verifiable provenance. | 都没有可证实的出处 |
[15:55] | The purported author being deceased. | 其声称的作者已经死了 |
[15:58] | Ms. Bingum, how would you suggest | 宾格温小姐 法庭该如何 |
[16:00] | the court authenticate that report? | 证实报告的真伪呢 |
[16:01] | We have a witness who will vouch for its integrity. | 我们有证人可以担保 |
[16:04] | Mr. Tom Witten. | 汤姆·威滕先生 |
[16:08] | You may proceed, Miss Bingum. | 请继续 宾格温小姐 |
[16:10] | Mr. Witten, I direct your attention | 威滕先生 我请你注意 |
[16:13] | to plaintiff’s exhibit one and ask if you recognize it | 原告的一号证物 你能否认出这是 |
[16:17] | as the report Alan Maslin sent to Ivar Oil. | 艾伦·马斯林提交给伊瓦尔油业的报告 |
[16:21] | – I do not. – And that report… | -我不能 -那份报告… |
[16:25] | I’m sorry, what did you say? | 抱歉 你刚说什么 |
[16:28] | I’ve never seen this report. | 我从未见过这份报告 |
[16:29] | – Excuse me? – Tom? | -你说什么 -汤姆 |
[16:31] | Didn’t Alan Maslin ask you to proof the document | |
[16:34] | you’re holding in your hand? | 手里那份文件吗 |
[16:40] | No. | 没有 |
[16:41] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这么做 |
[16:42] | Ms. Maslin, please. | 马斯林夫人 请坐下 |
[16:43] | Mr. Witten, when we met, | 威滕先生 我们初次见面时 |
[16:46] | what did you tell me about that report? | 你是怎么和我说那份报告的 |
[16:48] | Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence. | 反对 假定事实不能作为证据 |
[16:50] | – The witness is lying. – He’s your witness. | -证人在撒谎 -他可是你的证人 |
[16:52] | Your honor, this case is a sham. | 法官大人 这案子本身就是个骗局 |
[16:53] | I demand it be dismissed. | 我请求撤销本案 |
[16:55] | And I demand that Mr. Burr learn some manners. | 我要求伯尔先生说话放尊重点 |
[16:58] | Enough. Defense motion is taken under advisement. | 够了 辩方律师的动议将纳入考虑 |
[17:01] | Assuming I let this case go forward, Ms. Bingum, | 假定我允许案件继续 宾格温小姐 |
[17:03] | I advise you, get to know your witnesses better. | 我忠告你 把你证人的底摸清楚 |
[17:19] | For the center pieces, | 餐桌中央的摆饰 |
[17:20] | just no hydrangeos. | 千万不要绣球花 |
[17:22] | And for the bridesmaids’ dresses, | 至于伴娘的服饰 |
[17:24] | uh, no matchy-matchy, okay? | 别太中规中矩 |
[17:26] | Now, for the guest list, | 说到宾客列表 |
[17:28] | do I have to invite my mom’s bowling team? | 我非得请我妈在保龄球队的朋友吗 |
[17:31] | Jane, darling, I am not your wedding planner. | 简 亲爱的 我不是你的婚礼策划人 |
[17:34] | I am your psychiatrist. | 我是你的心理医生 |
[17:36] | Well, I guess that explains why I’m lying down. | 怪不得我现在躺着 |
[17:38] | Well, thank you, but I don’t need a psychiatrist. | 谢谢了 但我不需要心理医生 |
[17:42] | You’re just like Madonna when she talks about | 你的口气就如同麦当娜谈起 |
[17:44] | her 23-year-old boyfriends. | 自己23岁的小白脸一样 |
[17:46] | You’re in denial, darling. | 你是在抗拒现实 亲爱的 |
[17:47] | Denial? No. | 抗拒 才不是 |
[17:50] | Let’s talk about that fantastic necklace. | 你的项链真是美翻了 |
[17:53] | Now you’ve moved on to avoidance. | 你开始转移话题了 |
[17:55] | Seriously, why would I be seeing a shrink about my wedding? | 说正经的 我干嘛要为我的婚礼来咨询心理医生 |
[17:59] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[18:00] | Is this pre-wedding jitters? | 是婚前焦虑吗 |
[18:03] | Honeymoon anxiety? | 蜜月焦虑 |
[18:05] | Does this have something to do…with Owen? | 是不是和欧文有关系 |
[18:09] | Bingo! | 答对了 |
[18:10] | Perhaps it could be the fact that he hasn’t called, | 也许因为他没有打给你 |
[18:13] | he hasn’t e-mailed. | 没有给你发邮件 |
[18:14] | And how do you feel about that? | 你对此有何感受 |
[18:16] | Do you feel angry, deserted, pissed as holy hell? | 是不是很生气 感觉被抛弃了 甚至火冒三丈 |
[18:21] | Okay. | 够了 |
[18:22] | You are supposed to be making me feel better, not worse. | 你是帮我调整心情 不是来火上浇油的 |
[18:26] | You are confusing me with prozac, which is silly. | 你把我当成百忧解[抑郁药物]了 真可笑 |
[18:29] | 《燃情克利夫兰》中扮演爱尔卡的演员 | |
[18:29] | Most people confuse me with Betty White. | 多数人都觉得我是贝蒂·怀特 |
[18:31] | Oh, look, Jane. | 听我说 简 |
[18:33] | Everything, darling, is going to be okay. | 亲爱的 一切都会没事的 |
[18:36] | There is one thing I absolutely must say to you. | 只有一件事我必须要告诉你 |
[18:39] | What is it? | 什么 |
[18:40] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[18:43] | You know, the blue-backed in limine motions | 这本蓝底的证据限制文档 |
[18:45] | make a much better pillow. | 更适合做枕头 |
[18:48] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[18:49] | You didn’t go home last night, did you? | 你昨晚没回家对吧 |
[18:51] | I can’t let them win. | 我不能让他们得逞 |
[18:52] | I mean, what they pulled in court | 他们在法庭上耍卑劣手段 |
[18:54] | And how they got to our witness. | 他们是怎么接触到我们证人的 |
[18:55] | Oh, it’s unfair to Annie. | 这对安妮太不公了 |
[18:59] | Good morning, Teri. | 早上好 泰丽 |
[19:00] | Actually it is a terrible morning. | 一点也不好 |
[19:02] | In addition to Tom Witten, | 除了汤姆·威滕外 |
[19:03] | There were five other engineers on that rig with Alan, | 还有五名工程师和艾伦一起在钻塔上 |
[19:06] | And they all refuse to speak to me. | 他们全都拒绝交谈 |
[19:08] | Marc Valera and Chris Fife are on vacation. | 马克·瓦莱尔和克里斯·费福在休假 |
[19:10] | Dan Pinar is sick. | 丹·皮那病了 |
[19:12] | Adam Press referred me to Ivar Oil’s legal affairs, | 亚当·普莱斯让我找伊瓦尔油业法律事务部的人 |
[19:14] | And Larry Grimaldi is on another oil rig in Mumbai, | 而拉里·格里马尔迪还在迪拜的钻塔工作 |
[19:18] | with no cell service. | 连手机信号都没 |
[19:19] | So Ivar got to them, | 伊瓦尔肯定和他们接触过了 |
[19:21] | or they’re incommunicado. | 除非他们被监禁了 |
[19:22] | Ooh, looks like someone got another gift… | 似乎某人又收到 |
[19:25] | …from their fiance? | 未婚夫送的礼物了 |
[19:28] | I need more coffee. | 我再去喝点咖啡 |
[19:31] | Ooh, a card. Maybe it’s an erotic poem. | 有张卡 讲不定是段小情诗 |
[19:34] | “Our love is like an orchid…” | “我们的爱犹如兰花” |
[19:36] | What rhymes with orchid? | 兰花押的是什么韵 |
[19:38] | It just says “Starboard landing.” | 上面只写了”右舷平台” |
[19:40] | Well, that’s not very romantic. | 这可太不浪漫了 |
[19:41] | I know, right? | 就是啊 |
[19:44] | I don’t think this is from Owen. | 我觉得不是欧文送的 |
[19:46] | Who else would send you flowers? | 那还有谁会送你花 |
[19:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:50] | I do have a hunch, actually. | 我确实有莫名的预感 |
[19:55] | Teri, what is going on with those two? | 泰丽 这两个是什么情况 |
[19:57] | Oh, I don’t know, | 不甚了解 |
[19:58] | But I can put a spycam in his office and find out. | 不过我可以在他办公室安个监视器一探究竟 |
[20:01] | No. It’s fine. | 不用了 |
[20:02] | Listen, I’m gonna go change and run an errand. | 我要换件衣服出去一趟 |
[20:05] | Oh, and if Owen calls — | 如果欧文打过来 |
[20:07] | I will patch him through. | 我会把他转接过来 |
[20:18] | Mr. Marks? | 马克斯先生 |
[20:20] | You can’t be here. | 你不能来这 |
[20:21] | You sent me the orchid, didn’t you? | 兰花是你送我的 对吧 |
[20:23] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[20:25] | The card said “Starboard landing.” | 那张卡上写着”右舷平台” |
[20:28] | Now, I went through Ivar’s annual report. | 我仔细验研究了伊瓦尔的年报 |
[20:31] | Starboard landing is a rig built by Ivar | 右舷平台是伊瓦尔建的一个钻塔 |
[20:34] | And launched the same day as the inner passage. | 和内部通道同一天竣工 |
[20:36] | That’s a matter of public record. | 这是公开的记录 |
[20:37] | And it’s operating off the coast of Sri Lanka. | 而它正在斯里兰卡海岸运作 |
[20:40] | – For now. – Excuse me? | -暂时 -你说什么 |
[20:43] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没说 |
[20:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:47] | Okay, please tell me, why does | 好吧 请告诉我 为什么 |
[20:50] | the starboard landing rig matter to my case? | 右舷平台和这件案子有关联 |
[20:52] | We can’t be talking, Ms. Bingum, | 我们不能交谈的 宾格温小姐 |
[20:54] | And there’s no record of me sending anything to you. | 也没有任何记录表明我给你寄了东西 |
[20:56] | You’re trying to tell me something. | 你是在暗示我 |
[20:57] | I-I just don’t know what or why. | 我只是不知道是什么或为什么 |
[21:03] | Please go. | 请回吧 |
[21:06] | Thank you. | 多谢了 |
[21:10] | I can’t believe you’re dragging me to court. | 想不到你竟然要和我对簿公堂 |
[21:12] | You didn’t leave me a choice. | 你没给我留后路 |
[21:13] | Your choice was not to force paternity and sue my client. | 你的后路可不是动用父权来告我的委托人 |
[21:16] | Your client? | 你的委托人 |
[21:17] | Yes, Kelly is my lawyer. | 是的 凯莉是我的律师 |
[21:19] | Whatever money I saved is now going to her. | 我的存款都得交给她了 |
[21:21] | So thanks a lot. | 真是多谢 |
[21:23] | Look I’m not doing this to hurt you. | 我这么做不是为了伤害你 |
[21:27] | And yet if you cared about your son, | 如果你还在乎你的儿子 |
[21:28] | you would drop this right now. | 你就应该立即撤销指控 |
[21:30] | Oh, so, you’re a lawyer | 所以你不仅是个律师 |
[21:31] | and an expert on my son’s well-being? | 还负责起我儿子了 |
[21:33] | You know what your problem is, Jay? | 你知道你的问题所在吗 杰 |
[21:35] | Is that you’re a bully | 你明明是个恶霸 |
[21:36] | who’s convinced himself that he’s the good guy. | 却自认为是个好人 |
[21:42] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[21:51] | You could be disbarred for talking to Marks | 你很可能会因为在马克斯律师不在场时 |
[21:53] | without their attorney present. | 与他交谈而被吊销执照 |
[21:54] | I won’t tell if you won’t. | 我们不说没人会知道的 |
[21:56] | I’m serious, Jane. | 我没有说笑 简 |
[21:57] | I’m serious, too. Now, listen to me. | 我也是 听我说 |
[21:59] | The starboard landing rig is operating “for now.” | 右舷平台钻塔正在”暂时”运作 |
[22:02] | That’s what he said — “For now.” | 他是这么说的 “暂时” |
[22:04] | The only reason to send the orchid and tip me off | 他之所以送我兰花 还给我暗示 |
[22:06] | is if he’s worried about another accident. | 是怕又有事故要发生 |
[22:08] | What, you’re talking about | 你是在说 |
[22:10] | another broken ballast-control system? | 还有个出故障的压载控制系统吗 |
[22:12] | Well, that’s what I thought, but… | 我就是那么想的 不过… |
[22:15] | I pulled the blueprints for both rigs, and look. | 我从两个钻塔的蓝图中发现了 |
[22:18] | See? The BCS on both exceeds federal requirements. | 看到没 它们的稳定监控系统均超过联邦要求 |
[22:23] | None of this makes any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[22:27] | Hey, uh, uh, excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[22:30] | Sure. | 好的 |
[22:33] | Annie, hi. How you holding up? | 安妮 你感觉还好吧 |
[22:36] | I want to accept their settlement offer. | 我想接受他们的赔偿协议 |
[22:39] | What? | 什么 |
[22:40] | Did — did they get to you? Did they threaten you? | 他们是逼你还是威胁你了 |
[22:43] | No, Jane, nothing like that. Uh… | 都没有 简 不是那么回事 |
[22:47] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[22:50] | I just found out. | 我刚发现的 |
[22:51] | Finally, after trying for so long. | 经过那么多波折终于怀孕了 |
[22:54] | Congratulations. | 恭喜恭喜 |
[22:56] | Alan would be so happy. | 艾伦一定会很开心 |
[23:00] | Look, I’m gonna need the money, | 你看 我现在得有钱傍身才成 |
[23:03] | and I’m scared of the trial, of the stress. | 审判还有压力让我害怕极了 |
[23:04] | You’ve seen what they’ve already done. | 你也看到他们的所作所为了 |
[23:06] | I know. | 我明白 |
[23:08] | Annie…I — I might have stumbled onto something. | 安妮 我也许在这事上栽了个跟头 |
[23:12] | Now, it’s a long shot. | 导致这件事 如今更是希望渺茫 |
[23:15] | Your child needs to know that Alan was a hero. | 但是你们的孩子有必要知道他的父亲是个英雄 |
[23:20] | Please, just — just let me try and give you that. | 拜托 就让我放手一试 还你们应有的一切 |
[23:30] | So, the structure of plan for the inner passage | 所以说 内部通道和右舷平台的 |
[23:33] | and the starboard landing are identical. | 建筑平面图是一样的 |
[23:36] | Yeah, economies of scale. | 没错 规模经济下的批量产物 |
[23:37] | Makes sense to use the same design, amortize the costs. | 使用同一份设计图无疑可以分摊成本 |
[23:40] | That way, you can just — | 这种手段 你可以 |
[23:41] | and that’s about the 10th time you’ve checked your phone. | 这是你第十次看手机了 |
[23:43] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:45] | Sorry. I — I just — I haven’t heard from Owen. | 抱歉 我只是 一直联系不上欧文 |
[23:48] | And, you know…his college roommate got into an accident. | 你也知道 他大学室友出了场交通事故 |
[23:53] | Oh, my god. | 我的天呀 |
[23:54] | There’s no cell service in the hospital. | 那医院一定在服务区外 |
[23:58] | Right? | 是不是 |
[23:59] | I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[24:00] | Or maybe his battery died, | 或者他手机没电 |
[24:01] | and he forgot his charger, but… | 又忘带充电器了 但是… |
[24:03] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[24:04] | You don’t like owen very much, do you? | 你很不喜欢欧文 是吧 |
[24:06] | I mean, you’ve barely said two words to me since I got engaged. | 要不怎么我订婚后 你就开始对我寡言少语呢 |
[24:09] | I congratulated you the other night. | 那天晚上我表示过祝贺了 |
[24:11] | Yeah, that was it. | 是 就只那两句 |
[24:13] | And we’ve worked together almost nonstop for two days, and — | 这两天我们没日没夜地工作 你却… |
[24:17] | Do you really want to talk caterers | 你的意思是要跟我商量 |
[24:18] | and bridesmaids dresses with me? | 婚宴承办事宜和伴娘礼服吗 |
[24:20] | You know what, Grayson? Never mind. | 你知道吗 格雷森 算了 |
[24:24] | It doesn’t — it doesn’t matter. I’m sorry. | 这事无所谓 很抱歉 |
[24:26] | I think I’m just worried about Owen. | 我只是担心欧文过了头 |
[24:29] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[24:30] | Listen, I said I’m sorry. But… | 我说过很抱歉 但… |
[24:31] | No, Jane, I think I found something. | 没说那个 简 我想我有所发现 |
[24:34] | Okay, Larry Grimaldi is the assembly-review engineer | 两个钻塔的终期安全检查都是由 |
[24:36] | who did the final safety inspections on both rigs. | 装备校核工程师拉里·格里马尔迪负责的 |
[24:39] | Yes. Teri tried to reach him. He’s in Mumbai, on a rig. | 是 泰丽联系过他 他在孟买的钻塔上 |
[24:42] | Right, look at the name of the assembly-review engineer | 没错 看这两个钻塔的前期计划 |
[24:44] | Who did the preliminary plans for both rigs. | 初期装备校核工程师的签名是 |
[24:47] | Mitch Fredericks. | 米奇·弗雷德里克斯 |
[24:47] | Right. Fredericks signed every safety report… | 没错 每份安全报告都由弗雷德里克斯签名 |
[24:50] | Except the final one, | 除了终期那份 |
[24:52] | when he was replaced with Grimaldi. | 是由格里马尔迪签名 |
[24:55] | Why was Fredericks replaced? | 为什么把弗雷德里克斯换掉了呢 |
[24:56] | I don’t know, but I’d like to ask him. | 不知道 可以问问他 |
[25:01] | Eric, do you know why you’re here today? | 你知道今天为什么来这吗 艾瑞克 |
[25:04] | Sure. | 知道 |
[25:05] | Because my mom wants to move to Canada, | 妈妈想带我搬到加拿大 |
[25:07] | and my dad wants me to stay in Los Angeles. | 而爸爸想我留在洛杉矶 |
[25:09] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[25:11] | I understand you’ve recently gotten to know your father. | 听说你对爸爸越来越熟悉了 |
[25:13] | Yeah. It’s so cool having a dad. | 是的 有个爸爸感觉特好 |
[25:16] | So, you like spending time with him? | 所以你喜欢和他待在一起吗 |
[25:18] | Yeah. It’s fun, even when he messes up. | 是的 很有意思 尽管有时候把事情搞得一团糟 |
[25:21] | When he messes up? | 怎么一团糟 |
[25:23] | He made my lunch for school, | 他给我做午餐 |
[25:25] | and he accidentally threw my lunch in the garbage. | 最后不小心把午餐扔垃圾里了 |
[25:27] | And then he put garbage in my lunch. | 然后就把垃圾放我午餐里 |
[25:29] | Your honor, it’s not like he ate garbage. | 法官大人 他又没把垃圾吃下去 |
[25:31] | Eric, if you had a tummy ache, | 艾瑞克 如果你肚子痛 |
[25:34] | Who would you want to take care of you? | 你希望找谁照顾你 |
[25:39] | There are no wrong answers. | 答案没有对错 不用怕 |
[25:43] | I think mom… but dad would be okay, too. | 妈妈吧 爸爸也行 |
[25:47] | If you had a problem at school, | 如果你在学校遇到了问题 |
[25:50] | who would you rather talk to? | 你更想跟谁说 |
[25:52] | My mom. | 妈妈 |
[25:53] | How do you feel about moving to Canada with your mom? | 跟妈妈一起去加拿大你觉得怎么样 |
[25:57] | I wish my dad can come with us. | 我希望爸爸能跟我们一起 |
[25:59] | And if he stays in Los Angeles? | 可要是他得留在洛杉矶呢 |
[26:01] | I think he’ll really miss me. | 他一定会很想我 |
[26:04] | Will you miss him? | 你会想他吗 |
[26:05] | Yeah. A lot. | 会 很想 |
[26:08] | Thank you, Eric. | 谢谢你 艾瑞克 |
[26:10] | You did a great job. | 做得非常好 |
[26:13] | Counselors, we’ll continue in the courtroom. | 律师们 稍后法庭再继续 |
[26:20] | Hey, can we talk? | 能和你谈谈吗 |
[26:20] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我认为这不是个好主意 |
[26:22] | Eric needs his father in his life. | 艾瑞克不能没有爸爸 |
[26:25] | We did just fine without you. | 以前没你 我们也过得挺好 |
[26:30] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[26:42] | Mr. Fredericks, thank you for speaking with us. | 弗雷德里克斯先生 多谢您拨冗前来 |
[26:45] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[26:46] | So, you want to know why I was replaced by Ivar Oil? | 你们想知道伊瓦尔油业为何换掉我 是吗 |
[26:50] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[26:51] | ’cause I kicked up a fuss about the design plans. | 因为我对设计平面图大吵大闹来着 |
[26:53] | That is when they yanked me off the job | 结果他们一脚踢飞我 |
[26:55] | faster than poop from a duck’s ass. | 让我不用再干了 |
[26:57] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[26:59] | So, there was something wrong with the rig’s plans. | 那就是说 钻塔的平面图有问题了 |
[27:02] | I never saw the final plans, | 我没看过终期平面图 不能妄下结论 |
[27:03] | but there was definitely something wrong with the timetable. | 但我敢肯定 施工进度时间表肯定有问题 |
[27:05] | They were trying to complete a 3-year project in just 12 months. | 他们想用一年完成工期为三年的工程 |
[27:09] | Why the rush? | 他们着什么急 |
[27:11] | Their federal leases were expiring. | 他们的联邦租约要到期了 |
[27:13] | Oh! Under the federal oil and gas lease act, | 对啊 依据美国联邦政府石油天然气租赁法案 |
[27:16] | the Secretary of the Interior can revoke oil leases | 如果石油钻探在租约有效内未开始 |
[27:18] | if the drilling has not commenced by the expiration date. | 内政部长有权废除石油租约 |
[27:22] | That’s right. | 确实如此 |
[27:24] | Also known as “use it or lose it.” | 反正”不用白不用”嘛 |
[27:26] | But there are certain things in life that cannot be rushed — | 可人活这一世 好多事是不能急于求成的 |
[27:29] | A good meal, a Thai massage, | 一顿有滋有味的饭 一次泰式按摩 |
[27:31] | and the construction of a massive oil rig. | 以及建造一个大规模的石油钻塔 |
[27:34] | And if you ask me, that is why the inner passage sank, | 我想是盲目赶工期造成了内部通道的沉没 |
[27:37] | although, unless I saw the plans, | 当然 除非我看过施工计划和平面图 |
[27:38] | I couldn’t tell you exactly what happened. | 否则我也讲不出详细原因 |
[27:41] | Well, what if I told you that we have the final plans? | 要是我手上有终期平面图呢 |
[27:44] | Would that help? | 会有所帮助吗 |
[27:46] | Does a Canadian grizzly crap in the woods? | 那加拿大灰熊会在林子里拉屎吗[俚:理所当然] |
[27:49] | Yes. | 当然会 |
[27:50] | During my time with him, | 他跟我住的期间 |
[27:51] | I took Eric to school every day, met with his teachers, | 我每天送他去上学 和老师见面 |
[27:54] | and helped him with a social-studies presentation. | 帮他准备社会研究报告 |
[27:57] | 1848, Sutter’s Mill. | 1848年 萨特的磨坊 |
[28:00] | That’s when the california gold rush began. | 加州淘金热正是源于这一年 |
[28:02] | One of many things I learned from Eric. | 这是我从艾瑞克那学来的东西之一 |
[28:04] | And can you describe his home environment when he stays with you? | 能描述一下他和你一起时的家庭环境吗 |
[28:08] | He has his own room. | 他有单独的房间 |
[28:09] | We have breakfast and dinner together. | 我们一块吃早饭 晚饭 |
[28:11] | And on the weekends, we do fun but educational activities. | 周末 我们会做些有意思又有教育意义的活动 |
[28:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:17] | Mr. Parker, isn’t it true that you once told Miss Shayne | 帕克先生 你是否跟尚恩小姐说过 |
[28:21] | that you don’t want any children? | 你不想要小孩 |
[28:24] | Maybe, a long time ago. | 可能很久以前说过 |
[28:26] | And isn’t it true that you effectively broke up | 你是否和尚恩小姐的室友上床 |
[28:28] | with Miss Shayne by sleeping with her roommate? | 导致你们断然分手 |
[28:30] | Objection! Counsel’s slinging mud. | 反对 中伤我方委托人 |
[28:32] | Goes to character, but I will move on. | 这也是人格问题 不过我问别的好了 |
[28:35] | Did you recently offer Miss Shayne money | 你最近是否提出给尚恩小姐一笔钱 |
[28:37] | to get out of your life? | 让她离开 |
[28:38] | I gave her that check because I wrongly assumed — | 我给她那张支票是因为我以为 |
[28:41] | Yes or no, Mr. Parker. | 请回答是或不是 帕克先生 |
[28:42] | This is a custody hearing. | 这是抚养权庭审 |
[28:44] | “Yes or no” is — is not fair to me or to Eric. | 是或不是对我或艾瑞克都不公平 |
[28:47] | I’ll take that as a yes. | 我就当你的回答为”是” |
[28:48] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[28:49] | Why don’t you ask me | 你怎么不问问 |
[28:51] | how Miss Shayne came to me for legal help | 尚恩小姐向我寻求法律帮助的时候 |
[28:53] | while keeping the existence of my son a secret? | 还隐瞒了我儿子的存在 |
[28:55] | – I request a recess, your honor. – Mr. Parker — | -法官大人 请求休庭 -帕克先生 |
[28:57] | Or how I offered her a job when she had no other option, | 还有我是如何在她无路可走的时候给她一份工作 |
[28:59] | only to have her take Eric away from me | 结果我一发现我是艾瑞克的父亲 |
[29:01] | when I found out I was his father? | 她就要把艾瑞克带走 |
[29:02] | I was doing the best that I could. | 我已经尽我所能 |
[29:04] | – Your honor. – I request a recess, your honor. | -法官大人 -请求休庭 法官大人 |
[29:06] | I mean, they should hear everything, right? | 他们应该知道全部事实 不是吗 |
[29:07] | Tell the court how you lost your nursing license | 跟法庭说说你是怎么因为非法开处方药 |
[29:09] | because you illegally prescribed drugs. Parker! | 被吊销护理执照的 |
[29:11] | My father was sick. | 我父亲病了 |
[29:13] | Or how our son took a bus by himself | 还有我们儿子是怎么一个人坐公车 |
[29:15] | – to Los Angeles to find me! – Order! | -到洛杉矶来找我的 -肃静 |
[29:17] | What kind of mother lets a 7-year-old do that? | 什么样的母亲会让七岁的小孩这么做 |
[29:19] | Dad! Stop! | 爸爸 不要说了 |
[29:20] | Eric? You’re not supposed to be in here. | 艾瑞克 你不该进来的 |
[29:23] | Sweetheart, come here. | 亲爱的 到这来 |
[29:24] | – Bailiff. – It’s ok, I am so sorry. | -法警 -没事 我很抱歉 |
[29:26] | Move to recess, your honor. | 请求休庭 法官大人 |
[29:39] | The designs for the rigs are flawless. | 钻塔的设计完美无缺 |
[29:42] | Wait, are you sure? | 等等 你确定吗 |
[29:43] | Absolutely. The designs are flawless. | 当然 设计没有任何问题 |
[29:46] | But the rigs most definitely are not. | 但是钻塔绝对不完美 |
[29:49] | I don’t follow. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[29:50] | Are you saying the actual rig | 你是说实际的钻塔 |
[29:51] | doesn’t reflect the final design? | 和最终设计不符吗 |
[29:53] | You bet I am. | 就是这意思 |
[29:54] | Look, one of the reasons it takes so long to build a rig | 建造一个钻塔之所以要花这么长时间 |
[29:56] | is because there are hundreds of thousands | 原因之一是要进行数十万次 |
[29:58] | of construction welds. | 施工焊接 |
[30:00] | Now, for safety reasons, | 出于安全考虑 |
[30:02] | The feds require each weld to have its own serial number. | 联邦政府要求每个焊接都有序列号 |
[30:05] | Miss Bingum, you ever been in two places at one time? | 宾格温小姐 你曾经同时出现在两个地方吗 |
[30:07] | Um…no? | 没有 |
[30:10] | No, of course not, because that’s impossible. | 当然没有 因为那是不可能的 |
[30:12] | Right. | 对 |
[30:13] | So how can a weld be in two places at once? | 那一个焊接点又怎能同时在两个地方呢 |
[30:17] | Read this weld number from the inner passage. | 看看这个内部通道的焊接序列号 |
[30:19] | Ds-656-202 “Ds-656-202.” | |
[30:21] | Right. And now this one from starboard landing. | 对 再看右舷平台的焊接序列号 |
[30:25] | Ds-656-202 “Ds-656-202.” | |
[30:28] | It’s the same number. | 是一样的号码 |
[30:29] | It’s the same weld. And that’s impossible. | 同一个焊接点 这是不可能的 |
[30:36] | I’m sorry. What exactly am I looking at here, counselors? | 抱歉 到底让我看什么 律师 |
[30:39] | The inner passage and starboard landing rigs are identical. | 内部通道和右舷平台是一样的 |
[30:43] | In order to meet the leasing expiration dates, | 为了在租约到期之前完工 |
[30:46] | Construction was rushed — | 公司加快了工程进度 |
[30:47] | only half of the welds on both of these rigs were actually secured. | 钻塔只有一半的焊接点是安全的 |
[30:50] | Ivar oil doubled up on the serial numbers | 伊瓦尔油业把一个序列号当两个报 |
[30:53] | in order to slip shoddy work past federal regulators. | 试图让这种次货通过联邦监管机构的检查 |
[30:55] | It’s known as “pencil whipping.” | 这在业界叫”伪造” |
[30:57] | And Ivar’s former safety engineer | 伊瓦尔的前安全工程师 |
[30:59] | is willing to testify to that. | 愿意出庭作证 |
[31:01] | I’m confused. | 我很困惑 |
[31:02] | What does that allegation have to do | 这和有缺陷的压载控制系统 |
[31:03] | with a faulty ballast-control system? | 有什么联系 |
[31:05] | It doesn’t. The bcs was working fine. | 没联系 压载控制系统没问题 |
[31:08] | Exactly. That’s what we’ve been saying, your honor. | 正是 我们一直都这么说 法官大人 |
[31:10] | But the bcs alarm was being activated | 但是压载控制系统警报因为 |
[31:13] | because of the sparsity of the welds. | 焊接点过少被启动了 |
[31:15] | It was rendering the entire rig unstable. | 使得整个钻塔处于不稳定状态 |
[31:17] | Now, of course, | 当然 |
[31:18] | Alan Maslin would have no way of knowing this. | 艾伦·马斯林是不可能知道这一情况的 |
[31:20] | In light of this new evidence, we are amending our complaint | 基于这一新证据 我们修改诉求 |
[31:24] | and adding their former safety engineer, | 并将他们的前安全工程师 |
[31:26] | Mitch FredEricks, to our witness list. | 米奇·弗雷德里克斯增加为我方证人 |
[31:29] | I’m inclined to allow it. | 我倾向于同意 |
[31:30] | If I may, your honor, | 法官大人 |
[31:31] | I have a motion in limine | 我正要提出动议 |
[31:33] | to preclude the testimony of Mitch FredEricks | 排除米奇·弗雷德里克斯的一切证词 |
[31:35] | and exclude all evidence tied to him. | 以及与他相关的一切证据 |
[31:38] | Okay, well, I have a motion in limine | 我还正想提出动议 |
[31:41] | to make every day my birthday. | 希望天天都是我生日呢 |
[31:43] | What are the grounds for your motion? | 提出动议的依据是什么 |
[31:44] | As you may be aware, my client, before hiring my firm, | 您也知道 我的委托人在委托我们律所之前 |
[31:48] | met with a ms. Kim kaswell of harrison & Parker. | 和哈里森·帕克所的金·卡斯维尔女士接触过 |
[31:51] | That doesn’t disqualify our witness. | 这也不能取消我方证人的资格 |
[31:53] | This memo does. | 这张备忘录就能 |
[31:54] | Obtained from your firm during discovery. | 搜集证据时从你们律所拿到的 |
[31:57] | In it, Ms. Kaswell details confidential discussions | 这张备忘录中 卡斯维尔女士详细说了 |
[32:00] | of Mr. FredEricks and his outlandish theories. | 与弗雷德里克斯先生的保密谈话和他的奇怪理论 |
[32:04] | Your honor… | 法官大人 |
[32:05] | Save your breath, Miss Bingum. | 省省吧 宾格温小姐 |
[32:06] | You should know better. | 你该查清楚点才是 |
[32:08] | The witness is excluded. | 排除该位证人 |
[32:16] | I didn’t write this memo. | 这备忘录不是我写的 |
[32:18] | It’s on the firm’s stationery, Kim. | 这是用我们所的抬头纸写的 金 |
[32:20] | Do you reaLize you cost us the case? | 知不知道你害我们输了案子 |
[32:21] | I said, I didn’t write it. | 说了不是我写的 |
[32:23] | If I did, there would be a copy of it in the case file, right? | 要是我写的话 案卷里面会有副本 对不对 |
[32:29] | – Oh, my god. – And there it is. | -天呐 -可不就有嘛 |
[32:31] | This doesn’t make any sense. Right. | 这根本说不通 |
[32:34] | Jane, I wanted to represent Ivar Oil, | 简 我想代理伊瓦尔油业没错 |
[32:35] | But I would never do anything to sabotage your case. | 但我绝不会破坏你的案子 |
[32:38] | I’m a partner. | 我可是合伙人 |
[32:41] | Okay, then who wrote it? | 好吧 那是谁写的 |
[32:44] | All right, | 好吧 |
[32:45] | Someone who’s susceptible to a bribe, right? | 某个容易被贿赂的人 |
[32:47] | Maybe someone new to the firm. | 也许是新进所里的人 |
[32:54] | I’m gonna kill her. | 我要弄死她 |
[32:59] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[33:06] | This is B.S., and you know it. | 这完全扯淡 你明知道 |
[33:07] | I had nothing to do with that memo. | 我和那张备忘录一点关系都没有 |
[33:09] | You were upset about your vacation time, | 你因为放假的事耿耿于怀 |
[33:11] | and so you acted out. | 所以你才这么做 |
[33:12] | I was upset, but I would never do anything to hurt the firm. | 我是不高兴 但我绝不会做任何有损公司的事 |
[33:15] | Enough! Teri, I’m done with your nonsense. | 够了 泰丽 我受够你的胡说八道了 |
[33:17] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[33:22] | I know you two are friends, so if you need to leave, then go. | 我知道你俩关系好 如果你要走 赶紧走 |
[33:25] | I’m fine. | 我没关系 |
[33:27] | – Jane, hey, we caught a break. – We did? | -简 我们有突破了 -是吗 |
[33:29] | Remember the assembly-review engineer | 还记得那个签了最终版本的 |
[33:31] | – who signed the final plans? – Uh, Larry Grimaldi? | -装配校核工程师吗 -拉里·格里马尔迪 |
[33:33] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 对 |
[33:34] | Well, Teri said that he was on the rig in Mumbai, right? | 泰丽当时说他在孟买 |
[33:36] | Totally unreachable? | 完全联系不上 |
[33:38] | I reached him during his onshore break, | 他上岸休息的时候我联系上他了 |
[33:41] | and he confirmed the pencil whipping. | 他证实了伪造证明 |
[33:42] | Here’s the affidavit, | 这是宣誓书 |
[33:44] | faxed from Chhatrapati International Airport in Mumbai. | 从孟买贾特拉帕蒂国际机场传真过来的 |
[33:47] | Right now, he’s on I.A. Flight 81, | 他现在在81次航班上 |
[33:49] | Nonstop to Los Angeles. | 直奔洛杉矶 |
[33:51] | Oh, my god! Grayson, you just saved the case! | 天呐 格雷森 你真是大救星 |
[33:56] | Uh, Liz, I need you to make a copy of this for Kim right away. | 丽兹 马上复印一份给金 |
[33:59] | We need to be ready to go as soon as that plane lands. | 我们赶紧准备 飞机一落地就出发 |
[34:02] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[34:06] | What now? | 接下来该怎么办 |
[34:08] | We wait. | 坐等 |
[34:11] | Hey. I, uh, spoke with Judge Holder’s bailiff. | 我和霍德法官的法警谈了谈 |
[34:16] | He apologized again for letting eric into the courtroom. | 他一再为放艾瑞克进庭而道歉 |
[34:22] | Did you hear me? | 听到我说的了吗 |
[34:24] | You lost control of the case. | 这个案子你没办好 |
[34:26] | I lost control? | 我没办好 |
[34:28] | I-I did everything short of pulling a fire alarm. | 我做了这么多 就差拉火警了 |
[34:31] | You were my lawyer, and you let me down. | 你是我的律师 但你让我很失望 |
[34:37] | Did you hear from the clerk? | 书记员那儿有什么消息吗 |
[34:41] | Yeah. | 有 |
[34:43] | Judge Holder granted Elisa full custody. | 霍德法官判给伊莉莎完全监护权 |
[34:46] | You’ll have limited visitation rights, with supervision. | 你有在监督下的限制探视权 |
[34:49] | You can re-apply for a modification in six months. | 六个月内你可以申请改判 |
[34:53] | And when you do, | 如果你要申请的话 |
[34:54] | find another lawyer to represent you. | 请另找律师 |
[35:01] | Kim, wait. | 金 等等 |
[35:04] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[35:05] | Eric. Hi. | 艾瑞克 |
[35:08] | Eric wanted to say goodbye. I’ll wait in the lobby. | 艾瑞克要和你道别 我在大厅等你 |
[35:10] | Wait. | 等等 |
[35:11] | Uh, listen, pal, there’s a plate of cookies in the kitchen… | 小伙子 厨房里有一盘饼干 |
[35:14] | If it’s okay with your mom. | 如果你妈不介意的话 |
[35:16] | Just one. | 只许吃一块 |
[35:27] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:29] | I told Eric that sometimes adults yell at each other. | 我告诉艾瑞克 大人们有时会争吵 |
[35:32] | It’s not the right thing to do, but you were upset | 虽然你这么做不对 |
[35:35] | about not getting to be with him as much as you’d like. | 但你也是因为爱子心切 |
[35:40] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢你 -没什么 |
[35:44] | I’m not gonna stop you from seeing Eric, | 我不会阻止你来看艾瑞克 |
[35:47] | but I don’t want anything else to do with you. | 但我不想和你有任何瓜葛 |
[35:52] | I’ll let you guys talk. | 你们俩聊会儿 |
[35:57] | Come here. Give me a hug. | 过来 抱抱 |
[36:01] | So, I guess Saturday is not our day. | 我猜周六就不能和你一起玩了 |
[36:07] | Huh? | 对吧 |
[36:08] | No. | 对 |
[36:11] | I guess not. | 我想是的 |
[36:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:19] | I know you tried, dad. | 我知道你争取过了 爸爸 |
[36:24] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:28] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[36:31] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[37:00] | So, the whole office thinks you really fired Teri. | 整个办公室都以为你真的炒了泰丽 |
[37:05] | Well, I’m a good actress. | 我是个好演员 |
[37:07] | The Mumbai flight lands in three hours. | 孟买的班机三小时后到 |
[37:09] | Still no word from Ivar. | 伊瓦尔还是没动静 |
[37:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:12] | Nice photo. | 照片不错 |
[37:14] | Well, thank you. It’s my engagement announcement. | 谢谢 是我的订婚公告 |
[37:17] | Sure hope I get to use them. | 真希望能派上用场 |
[37:20] | Still no word from Owen? | 欧文还是没有消息 |
[37:22] | You know, maybe I just jinxed everything | 或许我这么快做好前期准备 |
[37:26] | by ordering these so quickly. | 是不吉利的 |
[37:28] | Excuse me. The oil guys are in the lobby. | 打扰一下 油业公司的人在大厅 |
[37:30] | Oh. Great. Well, send them up. | 好的 让他们上来吧 |
[37:36] | It’s come to our attention that our safety engineer | 我们的安全工程师 |
[37:38] | may be on his way back from mumbai. | 可能正在从孟买赶回来的路上 |
[37:40] | Oh, we heard something similar. | 我们听说了 |
[37:42] | Yeah, it’s probably just a rumor. | 可能只是谣言 |
[37:43] | But if it’s true, and he testifies, | 但如果是真的 而且他愿意作证 |
[37:46] | you got to wonder what he’s gonna say. | 你们一定很想知道他要说什么 |
[37:48] | What are you looking for? | 你到底要什么 |
[37:50] | $5 million, and you agree | 五百万 而且你们要保证 |
[37:50] | to fix the welds on the starboard landing rig. | 修好右舷平台的焊接点 |
[37:56] | You know, maybe this will speed things along. | 或许这个可以让你们更快做出决定 |
[37:58] | Flight 81 lands at L.A.X. | 81次航班将于2小时46分钟后 |
[38:01] | in 2 hours and 46 minutes. | 在洛杉矶国际机场降落 |
[38:04] | As soon as that plane begins its descent, | 一旦飞机开始减速 |
[38:06] | our number goes up to $10 million. | 数字会变成一千万 |
[38:08] | And once the passengers disembark, | 而当乘客开始下飞机 |
[38:10] | We let a jury decide how many more zeros to add. | 我们就让陪审团来决定后面再加几个零 |
[38:28] | Draft the papers. | 起草文书 |
[38:29] | Already done. | 已经写好了 |
[38:49] | Is Grimaldi really on that plane? | 格里马尔迪真的在那班飞机上吗 |
[38:54] | Thank you again for the orchid. | 再次谢谢你的兰花 |
[39:08] | Oh, Teri, I’m so glad you’re back! | 泰丽 真高兴你回来了 |
[39:11] | – I’m so sorry. – That you screwed me over? | -真抱歉 -你害惨了我 |
[39:13] | They made it sound so easy. They said I’d never — | 他们说很简单 他们说我不可能 |
[39:15] | Get caught? And that is my stapler. | 被逮住吗 这是我的订书机 |
[39:20] | Take her away. | 把她带走 |
[39:34] | Jane. | 简 |
[39:35] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[39:36] | Operation “Pretend to fire Teri” was a huge success. | 假装炒掉泰丽行动大获成功 |
[39:40] | We have to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[39:43] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[39:45] | When I was out of the office, I tried to track Owen down. | 我被炒掉的时候 我试过去找欧文 |
[39:47] | I thought I was helping, so I called his friend Eddie. | 我是想帮忙的 所以我给他的朋友埃迪打了电话 |
[39:50] | In the hospital? | 在医院的埃迪 |
[39:51] | That’s the thing. He’s not in the hospital. | 问题是 他并不在医院 |
[39:53] | W-what? | 什么 |
[39:55] | There was no motorcycle accident. | 并没有摩托车事故 |
[39:57] | Eddie hasn’t spoken to Owen in weeks. | 埃迪都好久没跟欧文联系过了 |
[39:59] | So Owen lied to me? | 欧文骗了我 |
[40:06] | Owen left me. | 欧文不要我了 |
[40:10] | Jane, I’m…so sorry. | 简 我 很抱歉 |
[40:18] | I have to get out of here. | 我要离开这儿 |
[40:22] | – Oh, Jane, you don’t want to go out there. – I need some air. | -简 不要出去 -我要透透气 |
[40:25] | No, Jane, stop. | 不 简 停下 |
[40:26] | Listen to me. Stop, Jane. Stop. Come back. | 听说我 停下 简 停下 回来 |
[40:27] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[40:31] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[40:33] | It’s an office engagement party. | 办公室订婚派对 |
[40:34] | Luke and I have been working on it all week. | 卢克和我忙活了一个礼拜 |
[40:36] | Congratulations, sweetie! | 恭喜你 亲爱的 |
[41:02] | You want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |