时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that inspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | And the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Luke. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使卢克 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | …and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:41] | Oh, I’ve got the check. | 支票给我 |
[00:42] | – Oh, let me get it this time. – I’ve got it. | -这顿我请 -让我来 |
[00:43] | – Let me get it this time! – I’ve got — | -这顿我来请 -我来 |
[00:45] | I don’t want you to think I take you for granted. | 我可没觉得你请客就是天经地义的 |
[00:47] | I am 50 frequent-flyer points away | 我的里程累计还差五十点 |
[00:49] | from a weekend at the Ojai Valley spa, | 就能换一次周末欧佳谷水疗了 |
[00:50] | which means… | 也就意味着 |
[00:52] | Hot stone massage and cactus oil. | 热石按摩和仙人掌精油 |
[00:54] | Thank you so much for breakfast. | 那就谢谢你请我吃早饭了 |
[00:56] | You’re very welcome. | 求之不得 |
[00:58] | Now, between that kiss and this ice tea, | 在亲吻你之后 在喝这杯冰红茶之前 |
[01:00] | I better reapply my lip gloss. | 我最好去补个唇彩 |
[01:04] | – Owen, look. – What? | -欧文 看 -怎么了 |
[01:06] | There are two bodyguards by the restroom. | 洗手间门口站着两名保镖 |
[01:08] | In L.A., that can only mean one thing. | 在洛杉矶 这只意味着一件事 |
[01:10] | There is a celebrity going potty. | 有位社会名流正在如厕 |
[01:12] | Well, if it’s Paris Hilton, she’s probably | 如果是帕里斯·希尔顿[美国名媛 希尔顿酒店继承人] |
[01:14] | calling the paparazzi and begging them to get here. | 她也许正在自己给狗仔队打电话求他们来这里 |
[01:16] | – Oh, my god. You do listen to me. – Are you kidding? | -天啊 你确实认真听我说话了 -开什么玩笑 |
[01:18] | Because of you, I know the difference between “Idol,” | 就是因为你 我才弄清了《美偶》 |
[01:21] | “The Voice,” and “The ‘X’ factor”… | 《美国之声》和《X音素》之间的区别 |
[01:23] | …kind of. | 算是弄清了吧 |
[01:24] | – I’ll be right back. – Okay. | -我去去就来 -好 |
[01:42] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[01:45] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:52] | Whoever you are…can I — can I get you something? | 无论你是谁 你有什么需要吗 |
[01:55] | Are those guards still outside? | 那些保镖还在门口吗 |
[01:57] | Uh, yes. Yeah. | 对 是的 |
[01:59] | T-they’re your bodyguards, right? | 他们是你的保镖吧 |
[02:06] | They don’t work for me. | 他们不为我工作 |
[02:08] | They work for the prince. | 他们为王子工作 |
[02:10] | What prince? | 什么王子 |
[02:11] | You should leave. | 你该离开了 |
[02:14] | No. I’m not leaving until I know you’re okay. | 不 除非确认你一切都好 我是不会走的 |
[02:17] | I’m Jane…Bingum. | 我叫简·宾格温 |
[02:20] | You know, I’m a very good listener. | 我可是个很好的听众 |
[02:24] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[02:26] | Leela Penjore. | 莉拉·佩卓里 |
[02:28] | Leela? Hi. | 莉拉 你好 |
[02:31] | I’m here on a goodwill tour with the prince of Bhutan. | 我是和不丹王子一起来这里出访的 |
[02:35] | Tomorrow we are to return home, and we are to marry. | 明天我们就要回国了 之后我们就要结婚了 |
[02:39] | Oh, s-so you’re gonna be a princess? | 所以 你会成为一位王妃 |
[02:41] | Yes, but the prince already has two wives. | 是 但是王子已经有两位妻子了 |
[02:46] | I don’t want to marry him, Ms. Bingum. | 我不想嫁给他 宾格温小姐 |
[02:49] | And those guards, they’re here because they know. | 那些保镖也是知道我不想嫁才来守着的 |
[02:52] | They know I’d run away if I could. | 他们知道如果我有机会一定会逃跑 |
[03:00] | Well, Leela, you are in luck. | 莉拉 你运气不错 |
[03:03] | I’m a lawyer. | 我是名律师 |
[03:04] | And my boyfriend, who is right outside, is a judge. | 而我男朋友是名法官 他就在外面 |
[03:08] | I am texting him right now. | 我现在就给他发短信 |
[03:11] | If you don’t want to marry this prince, | 如果你不想嫁给这位王子 |
[03:13] | then we will help you. | 我们会帮你的 |
[03:16] | Half-caf soy latte. | 低脂豆奶拿铁 |
[03:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:20] | How’d you know I was here? | 你怎么知道我在这里 |
[03:21] | I bribed Teri with a chocolate-raspberry scone. | 我用巧克力树莓小甜饼贿赂了泰丽 |
[03:24] | So, are you avoiding me? | 你在故意躲着我吗 |
[03:26] | Depends — you still mad at me? | 看情况 你还在生我气吗 |
[03:28] | I know I made a pretty bad call on my last case. | 我上个案子表现挺糟糕 |
[03:30] | Oh, lucky for you, I’m too busy being dad. | 你挺幸运的 我当老爸都忙不过来了 |
[03:33] | Right. How’s Eric? | 也对 艾瑞克怎么样 |
[03:36] | I was not prepared for so many questions. | 我还没有做好准备解答”十万个为什么” |
[03:40] | “Why do bats hang upside down?” | “蝙蝠为什么要倒吊着” |
[03:42] | “Do people with bigger heads have bigger brains?” | “头大的人脑也大吗” |
[03:44] | – Do they? – No. | -他们脑大吗 -才不 |
[03:46] | Oh, and my favorite — “If olive oil comes from olives, | 还有我最爱的一题 “如果橄榄油是橄榄榨出来的 |
[03:49] | where does baby oil come from?” | 那婴儿油是哪里来的” |
[03:51] | I’m pretty sure that last one was a joke. | 我确定最后一题是个玩笑 |
[03:53] | Yeah, I wasn’t sure, so I just gave him a cookie. | 我可不确定 所以我用块小饼干打发了他 |
[03:57] | Who is L.A.U.S.D.? | 洛城联校是什么 |
[03:59] | Los Angeles unified school district? | 洛杉矶市联合校区 |
[04:01] | Eric’s school. | 艾瑞克的学校 |
[04:03] | Jay Parker. | 杰·帕克 |
[04:06] | Really? Now? | 真的吗 现在 |
[04:08] | Uh, okay. Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[04:10] | Eric needs to be picked up at school. | 我要去学校接艾瑞克 |
[04:12] | Apparently, there’s been some sort of incident. | 很明显 发生了点小意外 |
[04:14] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[04:15] | Well, let’s go. | 好吧 走吧 |
[04:24] | Excuse me. Ma’am? Ma’am? | 打扰一下 女士 女士 |
[04:25] | Any comment on the accusations against your child’s teacher? | 您对于您孩子的老师被指控一事有何看法 |
[04:27] | Please step off school property. | 请勿进入学校领域 |
[04:28] | I’m gonna be giving a press conference on this later today. | 今天晚些时候我会召开新闻发布会 |
[04:31] | Principal Bennett, I’m Eric Shayne’s father, Jay Parker. | 贝内特校长 我是艾瑞克·尚恩的父亲杰·帕克 |
[04:33] | – What’s going on? – I assure you, | -出什么事了 -我向您保证 |
[04:35] | Mr. Hillman was placed on leave just as soon as his misconduct | 在我注意到希尔曼老师的失当行为之后 |
[04:37] | was brought to my attention. | 校方已经将他停职了 |
[04:39] | What misconduct? | 什么失当行为 |
[04:41] | You need to pick up your son in the auditorium. | 您得去礼堂接您儿子 |
[04:43] | It’s just around the corner. | 就在转角处 |
[04:45] | They’re saying that Mr. Hillman — | 他们都说 希尔曼老师 |
[04:47] | that he acted in an adult movie. | 曾经出演过成人电影 |
[04:49] | – Did she just say — – Porn, Kim. | -她的意思是说 -色情片 金 |
[04:51] | She said my son’s teacher is working in porn. | 她说我儿子的老师演过色情片 |
[04:54] | I’m sorry, sir. You cannot come in here. | 很抱歉先生 你不能进去 |
[04:56] | It’s a ladies’ room. | 这是女厕所 |
[04:57] | For the last time, step away from the door now. | 最后通牒 从门口闪开 |
[04:59] | – No. – Gentlemen. | -才不 -先生们 |
[05:00] | Gentlemen, I’m judge French of the L.A. Superior court. | 先生们 我是洛杉矶最高法院的法兰奇法官 |
[05:03] | I’m issuing an emergency writ barring you | 现签发一份紧急令状 |
[05:05] | from taking the woman in that bathroom into your custody. | 禁止你们羁押这位身处洗手间内的女士 |
[05:08] | The police are on their way. | 警方正在赶来的路上 |
[05:08] | We are on a diplomatic mission. We have immunity. | 我们是外交使节 享有豁免权 |
[05:11] | Yeah, that really only works with parking tickets, okay? | 对 不过那只能豁免你的停车罚单 |
[05:13] | Now, either you leave, or I’ll issue a warrant for your arrest. | 现在要么你们离开 要么我会签署逮捕令逮捕你们 |
[05:16] | – On what grounds? – Let’s start with kidnapping. | -什么罪名 -最起码有绑架罪 |
[05:19] | If you refuse to return Leela Penjore to our custody, | 如果你拒绝交出莉拉·佩卓里 |
[05:21] | you will be causing a major international incident. | 你将会挑起重大国际争端 |
[05:26] | I’ve done worse. | 更糟的我也做过 |
[05:34] | You were fantastic. | 你太棒了 |
[05:35] | I totally agree. | 我绝对同意 |
[05:38] | Leela, the guards are gone. | 莉拉 保镖走了 |
[05:42] | I made two calls. | 我打了两通电话 |
[05:45] | Thank you. Thank you so very much. | 谢谢 太感谢你了 |
[05:47] | We’re gonna file an application for asylum on your behalf. | 我们将帮你申请政治避难 |
[05:50] | The prince will fight you. And he won’t give up easily. | 王子一定会对你们出手 他不会轻易放弃的 |
[05:53] | Oh, yeah? Well, neither will I. | 是吗 我也不会 |
[06:05] | So, I have been interviewing Leela | 为了给莉拉申请政治避难 |
[06:07] | for her asylum application. | 我一直在询问她的情况 |
[06:09] | Turns out the prince is only marrying her to produce a male heir. | 王子和她结婚只不过想生个皇子继位 |
[06:12] | The whole thing is so sad. | 整件事情实在是太可悲了 |
[06:14] | Yeah, I did a little research. | 我做了点调查 |
[06:16] | Leela accepted the prince’s proposal. | 莉拉接受了王子的求婚 |
[06:18] | It’s not a forced marriage. | 这并不是被强迫的婚姻 |
[06:20] | That depends on your definition of “forced.” | 那得看什么叫”被强迫”了 |
[06:23] | Leela was a government accountant, | 莉拉是名为政府工作的会计 |
[06:24] | And, on a Monday, the prince toured her office. | 某个周一 王子去了趟她的办公室 |
[06:26] | On Tuesday, he asked her to dinner. | 接下来周二 他邀她共进晚餐 |
[06:29] | The next morning, the news reported that they were engaged. | 翌日早晨 有记者宣称他们订婚了 |
[06:33] | Then, after the news broke, he proposed. | 之后 在新闻爆出之后 他求了婚 |
[06:36] | So she was backed into it. | 所以她是被逼入死角的 |
[06:37] | Her family was honored with gifts, | 她的家人被赐予重礼 |
[06:40] | and everything in her apartment was relocated | 而她公寓中所有的东西 |
[06:42] | to the royal palace before he actually proposed. | 在他求婚之前就已经被搬去了皇宫 |
[06:45] | – Poor girl. – Yeah. | -可怜的姑娘 -是啊 |
[06:47] | – Where is she now? – Mm, at the pakery. | -她现在身在何处 -在派糕店 |
[06:48] | Stacy said she could hang out there. | 史黛西说她可以在那待着 |
[06:50] | All right. You know what? | 很好 你知道 |
[06:51] | For now, just keep her out of sight. | 现在暂时让她淡出大家视野低调行事 |
[06:52] | Let me ask you something. | 我来问问你 |
[06:53] | Do you think I have a chance arguing | 你觉得我要是辩护说 |
[06:55] | that her upcoming marriage is a human-rights violation? | 她这场婚姻是侵犯人权会有胜诉可能吗 |
[06:58] | If you ask me, all marriages are a violation of human rights. | 我觉得所有的婚姻都是在侵犯人权 |
[07:01] | Okay. Wait, what? | 好吧 等等 你说什么 |
[07:04] | I mean, it’s an archaic tradition. | 这是自古以来的传统 |
[07:05] | “till death do us part”? Get real. | “直到死亡将你我分开” 现实点吧 |
[07:07] | But I do think it’s your best shot for asylum. | 可我真觉得申请政治避难的胜算大 |
[07:09] | You just — you got to hope for a sympathetic judge. | 你还是希望能碰上个有同情心的法官吧 |
[07:13] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:14] | Um…thank you for your honesty. | 谢谢你的坦诚 |
[07:24] | So every media outlet is doing a “sexpose” | 各大媒体都在对艾瑞克的老师的”艳片门” |
[07:27] | on Eric’s teacher. | 进行曝光报道 |
[07:29] | Apparently, he and his wife made videos | 显然他和他妻子拍了录影带 |
[07:31] | that could be downloaded on a website for $1.99. | 网上的下载价格是1.99美元 |
[07:35] | – Sounds like a bargain. – Yeah, well, here’s the thing. | -像是便宜货 -现在情况是这样 |
[07:37] | It feels like a bit of a witch hunt. | 这感觉有点像是政治迫害 |
[07:38] | I mean, they stopped making those videos | 他们从教书的两年前开始 |
[07:40] | two years before he ever started teaching. | 就已经不拍那种录像了 |
[07:42] | Dad, what’s porn? | 老爸 色情片是什么 |
[07:45] | What? | 什么 |
[07:45] | I just heard on TV that’s why Mr. Hillman got fired. | 我刚听电视上说希尔曼老师因为这被解雇了 |
[07:48] | Can I use your computer to google the word “Porn”? | 我能用你的电脑搜索”色情片”的意思吗 |
[07:51] | Mm, um…you know… | 这个嘛 |
[07:54] | This would be a teachable moment? | 现在要开始说教了吗 |
[07:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:58] | Sit down, buddy. | 坐吧 伙计 |
[08:01] | Porn…is…when two, | 色情片是…两个 |
[08:05] | uh, grownups…make a movie… | 成年人…拍电影 |
[08:08] | just for adults. | 仅供成人观看 |
[08:10] | Oh, like “Bridesmaids.” | 就像是《最爆伴娘团》 |
[08:13] | Mom wouldn’t let me watch that. | 妈妈就不让我看那部片子 |
[08:15] | Yeah. Like that. | 对 就像那种 |
[08:17] | But you can help him get his job back. | 可你能帮他复职 |
[08:19] | I mean, you’re a lawyer. You help people, right? | 你是律师 你能帮助别人 是吧 |
[08:25] | You know what, Eric? | 是这样的 艾瑞克 |
[08:26] | Your dad and I are gonna go talk to Mr. Hillman, | 我和你爸会找希尔曼老师谈 |
[08:28] | and we’re gonna see what we can do. | 我们会尽量帮忙 |
[08:30] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[08:35] | So, this delicious dessert item — | 那这么好吃的甜点 |
[08:37] | It’s half pie, half cake? | 是半派半蛋糕吗 |
[08:39] | Mm-hmm. That’s right. | 没错 |
[08:41] | It’s called a pake, and I invented it. | 它叫派糕 是我发明的 |
[08:43] | In my country, there is nothing like it. | 在我的国家 就没有这种食物 |
[08:45] | But, then again, we just got orange Fanta, so… | 而且我也说了 我们才引进橙子味芬达 所以… |
[08:50] | Hey, Leela, I wanted to ask you something. | 莉拉 我问你点事 |
[08:52] | This morning at the cafe, there was a guy, very handsome, | 今早在咖啡厅 有个男的 文质彬彬 |
[08:55] | possibly from your country… | 可能是你们国家的人 |
[08:58] | Um…his name is Hari. | 他叫海利 |
[09:00] | Is he your lover? | 是你的爱人吗 |
[09:01] | Stace. | 史黛西 |
[09:03] | It’s — it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[09:03] | Um…we grew up together, and he was my first crush. | 我们青梅竹马 他是我第一个喜欢的人 |
[09:09] | He moved to the States five years ago to study journalism. | 他五年前搬来美国学新闻 |
[09:13] | He heard about my trip to America | 他听说我这次来美国 |
[09:14] | and asked to meet me at the cafe | 就约我在咖啡厅见面 |
[09:17] | And when you saw him? | 你见到他之后呢 |
[09:21] | My heart raced. | 我的心小鹿乱撞 |
[09:23] | I never got that feeling from the prince. | 我从没对王子有过那种感觉 |
[09:27] | Seeing Hari made me realize | 看到海利让我意识到 |
[09:29] | I cannot marry a man I don’t love… | 我不能嫁给我不爱的人 |
[09:33] | Even if he is the prince. | 即使他是王子 |
[09:36] | On behalf of the State Department, | 我代表美国国务院 |
[09:37] | we demand to speak with the attorney of record | 要求和为莉拉·佩卓里 辩护的律师 |
[09:39] | for Leela Penjore. | 进行对话 |
[09:40] | Hmm. Teri, where’s your boss? | 泰丽 你老板呢 |
[09:43] | Maybe last call at Neiman’s. | 可能在纽曼店参加清仓大甩卖 |
[09:45] | Who can resist 90% off? | 谁能抵挡一折诱惑呢 |
[09:47] | I can issue a warrant for your arrest. | 我可以给你们发逮捕令 |
[09:49] | In that case, she’s right over there. | 那样的话 她就在那边 |
[09:52] | – Ms. Bingum? – Yes. | -宾格温女士 -我是 |
[09:53] | Where’s Leela Penjore? | 莉拉·佩卓里在哪里 |
[09:55] | Maybe last call at Neiman’s? | 可能在纽曼店参加清仓大甩卖 |
[09:56] | Who can resist 90% off? | 谁能抵挡一折诱惑呢 |
[09:58] | Your lack of cooperation may have global ramifications. | 你不配合可能会引起国际争端 |
[10:01] | Oh, wow. Well, someone’s being a drama queen. | 有人还真是小题大做 |
[10:03] | Who is this guy? | 这是谁啊 |
[10:05] | Apparently Bhutan is beginning to harvest hydro-electric power, | 显然不丹政府准备开发水力发电工程 |
[10:09] | and they have the choice to sell it to either India or China. | 他们可以选择承包给印度或是中国 |
[10:12] | We need the Bhutanese to choose our friends in India. | 我们需要不丹人选择我们在印度的朋友 |
[10:14] | We’ve been pressuring them to do so. | 我们一直在给他们做思想工作 |
[10:16] | Your stunt puts that in jeopardy. | 你的伎俩让这个计划受到了威胁 |
[10:18] | Well, I trust our elected officials can handle this matter | 我相信我们选择的当局能妥当处理这一问题 |
[10:21] | without forcing a 20-year-old woman into a loveless marriage. | 而不用强迫一个20岁的姑娘嫁给自己不爱的人 |
[10:24] | Well, the State Department has just pulled Leela’s visa. | 国务院刚收回了莉拉的签证 |
[10:26] | – What?! – Now she’s here illegally | -什么 -现在她是非法滞留 |
[10:27] | and subject to immediate deportation. | 可以立即被驱逐出境 |
[10:29] | Well, I can arrange an emergency hearing to stay that deportation. | 我可以安排紧急听证会来滞缓驱逐出境 |
[10:31] | Thank you, Mr. Kent. | 谢谢 肯特先生 |
[10:33] | Look, I’m not a jerk. | 我不是无赖 |
[10:34] | I admire your commitment to this young woman. | 我很钦佩你对这位年轻女士的尽职尽责 |
[10:36] | But this is a fight you cannot win. | 可这场官司你赢不了 |
[10:39] | I appreciate the sentiment. | 多谢你的关心 |
[10:41] | But for the sake of this woman, and women everywhere, | 可为了这位女士和世上所有的女人 |
[10:43] | this is a fight we cannot lose. | 这场官司我们非赢不可 |
[10:50] | Where’s Leela? | 莉拉在哪里 |
[10:51] | Jane wanted me to pick her up for court. | 简让我接她上庭 |
[10:53] | Ah. She’s in the back, taking a nap. | 她在里面睡午觉 |
[10:55] | Escaping from an evil prince is exhausting. | 躲避邪恶王子真是让人心力交瘁 |
[10:59] | Ooh, customers! | 来客人了 |
[11:00] | Welcome to the pakery. What can I get you? | 欢迎来派糕店 需要什么吗 |
[11:02] | Is this where Darren Criss hangs out? | 这里是达伦·克里斯常来的地方吗 |
[11:03] | We heard it on “Tmz.” | 我们在”名人网”上得知的 |
[11:05] | No. That’s… Carrie’s cupcakes. | 不是 那是卡丽纸杯蛋糕店 |
[11:07] | Thanks. Told you! | 谢了 我说吧 |
[11:10] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[11:11] | That’s like the fifth time today! | 今天这都差不多是第五回了 |
[11:12] | Stacy, never let anyone out of here | 史黛西 别让任何一位顾客 |
[11:14] | without dropping a bunch of cash. | 不买东西就从店里走出去 |
[11:16] | They didn’t want my pakes. | 他们不想买我的派糕 |
[11:17] | Please. My parents owned a dry cleaner. | 拜托 我爸妈开了家干洗店 |
[11:19] | People would come in for directions and leave with no pants. | 人们进门问路 都是脱了裤子出去的 |
[11:23] | Hmm, if only there was a way | 除非有办法 |
[11:25] | I could force a celebrity to eat my pake. | 让我可以逼名人吃我做的派糕 |
[11:27] | Hmm. Watch and learn. | 看我的 学着点 |
[11:30] | Tweeting. | 我在发微博 |
[11:31] | “O-M-G! | “天呐 |
[11:32] | Taylor Lautner spotted munching out | 我发现泰勒·洛特纳 |
[11:34] | – at the pakery on La Brea.” – No, no, no. | -在拉布雷亚大道上的派糕店大吃特吃 -别 |
[11:36] | “Hashtag pakelover.” | #派糕爱好者#” |
[11:37] | There. See? A celebrity just ate your pake. | 好了 看到没 有个名人刚吃了你的派糕 |
[11:40] | Y-you can’t. You — you have to untweet that. | 不行 你得把这条微博删了 |
[11:42] | I-I run my business with integrity. | 我是老实的生意人 |
[11:44] | “Integrity.” | “老实” |
[11:45] | That’s like another word for “bankruptcy.” | 那不就是”破产”的代名词吗 |
[11:47] | Just say, “Thank you, Teri,” And go get me Leela. | 你只要向我道谢 然后帮我把莉拉给叫来 |
[11:50] | Thank you, Teri. | 谢谢 泰莉 |
[11:54] | Eric, my colleague’s son, speaks very highly of you. | 我同事的儿子艾瑞克 对你评价很高 |
[11:57] | Oh, yeah, he’s a great kid. He’s extremely logical. | 是的 这孩子很不错 非常有逻辑性 |
[12:00] | His math skills — two years ahead of his grade. | 他的算术技巧比同年级的孩子要高两级 |
[12:02] | Just like his dad. | 这随他爸 |
[12:03] | We know it was a mistake to make those movies, | 我们知道拍那些电影是个错误 |
[12:06] | but at the time we really didn’t have much of a choice. | 不过那时我们也是受生活所迫 |
[12:08] | We were both out of work. | 我们俩都失业了 |
[12:09] | My mother was ill. | 我妈病了 |
[12:10] | We couldn’t afford rent and her medical bills. | 我们付不起房租和医药费 |
[12:12] | So you turned to each other and thought, | 于是你们商量了对策 心想 |
[12:14] | “Why not give porn a shot?” | “要不就试试拍色情片吧” |
[12:16] | A buddy of mine told me about a website | 我一个朋友告诉我有个网站 |
[12:17] | that paid couples to send in sex tapes. | 向提供色情片的夫妇支付片酬 |
[12:19] | Look, we’re not proud of what we did, | 我们并不为那件事引以为豪 |
[12:22] | but it helped us get back on our feet. | 可这帮我们度过了经济危机 |
[12:24] | So, how did the school find out? | 校方是怎么发现的 |
[12:26] | Elliot Shifley’s a news producer. | 艾略特·雪弗利是个新闻制片人 |
[12:28] | His daughter’s in my class. | 他的女儿在我班上 |
[12:29] | When I didn’t cast her as Lucy | 我没让她扮演《你是个好人, 查理·布朗》中 |
[12:31] | in “You’re a good man, Charlie Brown,” | 露西这一角色 |
[12:32] | The guy came after me, said I would regret it. | 这家伙追上我 说我会后悔的 |
[12:34] | So, you think he exposed your past to get even? | 所以你认为他曝光你的过去来报复你 |
[12:37] | I don’t know. I don’t care. I just want my job back. | 不知道 我不在乎 我只想要回我的工作 |
[12:39] | I’m appealing the termination, | 我在对停职进行上诉 |
[12:40] | but it could take more than a year | 但董事会实施一个决定 |
[12:41] | for the board to render a decision. | 可能要花上一年多的时间 |
[12:43] | Well, the L.A.U.S.D. is like any big bureaucracy. | 洛城联校像其他的大型官僚机构一样 |
[12:45] | You can’t speed them up. You can’t steamroll them. | 你不能催促 也不能施压 |
[12:48] | But you can go around them. Forget the hearing. | 但可以绕过他们 先不管听证会了 |
[12:51] | What if we file a temporary restraining order | 要是我们申请一个临时禁令 |
[12:53] | prohibiting the principal from suspending him? | 禁止校长将他停职呢 |
[12:56] | That would be great. | 那就太好了 |
[12:58] | Yeah. Well, uh, we’ll walk you out. | 好的 我们送您 |
[13:03] | Your honor, deportation would force my client | 法官大人 驱逐出境会让我的委托人 |
[13:06] | into a polygamous marriage, violating her human rights. | 陷入一夫多妻的婚姻 侵犯她的人权 |
[13:09] | So, we urge you to grant asylum. | 我们请求您批准政治避难 |
[13:11] | The U.N. doesn’t even recognize polygamy | 联合国并未承认一夫多妻 |
[13:13] | as a human-rights violation. | 属于侵犯人权 |
[13:14] | If you are going to argue human-rights violation, | 如果你要以侵犯人权为论点 |
[13:17] | then under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, | 那最好在《世界人权宣言》中 |
[13:19] | it better be on the list. | 有所列举 |
[13:20] | And that list is limited to torture, religious persecution, | 宣言中列举了折磨 宗教迫害 |
[13:23] | rape, human trafficking. | 强奸 贩卖人口 |
[13:24] | While not on the list, | 虽然并未列举 |
[13:26] | forced marriage is consistent with the reg’s intent. | 但强迫婚姻符合规章含义 |
[13:28] | In fact, Amnesty International | 国际特赦组织将会提交 |
[13:31] | will be submitting an amicus brief which says just that. | 一份非当事人的书面陈述意见 |
[13:34] | And when would I be able to read that brief, counselor? | 那何时我能有幸见到呢 律师 |
[13:37] | 24 hours, your honor. | 24小时内 法官大人 |
[13:41] | You’ve bought yourself another day. | 你又多争取了一天 |
[13:43] | When did you get in touch with Amnesty International? | 你何时与国际特赦组织接触的 |
[13:45] | I’m e-mailing them right now. | 我现在就给他们发邮件 |
[13:46] | – What?! – Hari! | -什么 -海利 |
[13:48] | How did it go? | 怎么样了 |
[13:49] | Well, it isn’t over. It was so scary. | 还没结束 太可怕了 |
[13:51] | Leela Penjore? | 莉拉·佩卓里吗 |
[13:53] | Federal marshal. You’re under arrest. | 联邦警察 你被逮捕了 |
[13:54] | – Turn around and place your hands behind your back. – No, no, | -转过身 双手置于背后 -不 不要 |
[13:56] | Sir, step aside. Step — | 先生 让开 快让… |
[13:57] | – Uh, excuse me, Mr. Federal marshal. – Jane? | -抱歉 警察先生 -简 |
[13:59] | I am Ms. Penjore’s lawyer, | 我是佩卓里的律师 |
[14:01] | and I demand to know what the hell — | 我要求知道究竟… |
[14:03] | The Bhutanese government has lodged | 不丹政府直接向国务卿 |
[14:04] | a criminal arrest warrant directly with the Secretary of State. | 提出了对一名罪犯的缉捕令 |
[14:06] | – On what charges? – Sedition. | -以什么罪名指控 -煽动叛乱 |
[14:08] | What?! That’s ridiculous. | 什么 太荒谬了 |
[14:10] | – She’s being sent back to Bhutan for trial. – Jane? | -她将被送回不丹接受审讯 -简 |
[14:12] | Uh, Grayson, you go with Leela. | 格雷森 你陪着莉拉 |
[14:13] | I’ll file an emergency appeal | 我要提出紧急上诉 |
[14:15] | and get this before a federal magistrate. | 而且要赶在联邦司法官之前 |
[14:17] | It won’t do you any good. | 这毫无帮助 |
[14:29] | In your country, sedition is defined as | 在你的国家 煽动叛乱是指 |
[14:32] | “Undermining authority by word, deed, or act.” | “以言语 行为或行动危害国家” |
[14:36] | Once I get back to Bhutan, I will never get a fair trial. | 一旦我被送回不丹 就别指望得到公正审判了 |
[14:39] | Well, Jane is, uh, trying to intercept the federal warrant. | 简在拦截逮捕令 |
[14:42] | You don’t sound optimistic. | 看样子 你很不乐观 |
[14:44] | If anyone can do it, it’s her. | 她是唯一有可能做成此事的人 |
[14:50] | You like Jane. | 你喜欢简 |
[14:53] | Of course. Everyone likes Jane. | 当然 人人都爱她 |
[14:56] | No, not the same way you do. | 你对她的那种喜欢与众不同 |
[14:58] | There’s a connection there — romantically. | 你们之间有感情 与爱情有关 |
[15:01] | I-I’m sorry. It’s none of my business. | 抱歉 我多事了 |
[15:05] | She has a boyfriend, so… | 她有男友了 所以… |
[15:09] | In my country, there’s an expression — | 我们不丹有句老话说 |
[15:13] | “Great love and great achievements | 伟大的爱情和卓越的成就 |
[15:15] | involve great risk.” | 都离不开大胆的冒险 |
[15:22] | You’re arguing “irreparable harm.” | 你的论点是”不可挽回的伤害” |
[15:24] | Explain that to me. | 跟我详细解释 |
[15:25] | While Mr. Hillman is on leave, | 希尔曼老师停职期间 |
[15:27] | his students have been absorbed into other classrooms, | 他的学生被分到了其他班级 |
[15:30] | increasing the average class size. | 扩充了班级平均人数 |
[15:32] | There is a proven correlation | 有证据显示 |
[15:34] | between larger classes and lower test scores. | 班级人数越多 学生考试分数越低 |
[15:36] | If you grant a trial, | 如果你批准这次审判 |
[15:37] | you open the floodgates to nationwide litigation. | 那在全国范围内将涌现出无数的类似诉讼 |
[15:40] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[15:41] | Unless you have a constitutional argument, I can’t help you. | 除非你有符合宪法的论点 否则我帮不了你 |
[15:46] | Fine, uh, then we argue that L.A.U.S.D.’s admin process | 好吧 那我们提出洛城联校的管理程序 |
[15:51] | violates our client’s rights to due process. | 侵犯了我委托人的司法程序权 |
[15:53] | Nice try, but, no. | 想法不错 不过不行 |
[15:56] | Your honor last year, | 法官大人 去年 |
[15:58] | Veterans for Common Sense v. Shineski | 退伍军人常识组织与辛奈斯基案件中 |
[16:01] | held that delay in processing Veterans’ claims | 因退伍军人称其司法程序权被侵犯 |
[16:03] | violates their due process rights. | 案件被延迟 |
[16:05] | That case was about veterans seeking health benefits, | 那起案件是退伍军人谋取健康福利 |
[16:08] | not a teacher accused of wrongdoing. | 而非教师被控行为不当 |
[16:10] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[16:11] | Well, the principle is the same. | 可原则是一样的 |
[16:12] | And if your honor disagrees, then we will appeal. | 倘若法官大人不同意 我们会提出上诉 |
[16:17] | Threatening the judge. | 威胁法官 |
[16:19] | Bold move. | 大胆举措 |
[16:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:22] | How about we expedite a trial, Ms. Kaswell? | 那我们加快审判怎么样 卡斯维小姐 |
[16:26] | That would be great. | 那最好不过了 |
[16:27] | See you this afternoon. | 下午见 |
[16:33] | Sorry. Taylor Lautner left an hour ago. | 抱歉 泰勒·洛特一小时前走了 |
[16:36] | With a red velvet pake he calls “the werewolf pake.” | 还外带了他称作”狼人派糕”的红色天鹅绒派糕 |
[16:39] | Oh. I will have a werewolf pake then. | 真的嘛 我也来一个狼人派糕 |
[16:45] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[16:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢惠顾 |
[16:48] | Well, I guess my work here is done. | 我想我该功成身退了 |
[16:50] | No. No, no, no. I was thinking maybe you could tweet again. | 不不不 我想你可以再发条微博 |
[16:53] | I mean, did I see Jon Hamm earlier today? | 我刚才是不是看到乔·哈姆[广告狂人主演]了 |
[16:56] | Um, I think you can take it from here. | 我想你该适可而止了 |
[16:58] | But you’re so good with 140 characters or less. | 可你微博写得那么好 效果又显著 |
[17:01] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[17:02] | Well, if you want my help, I’m gonna need something from you. | 如果你想要我帮忙 那得给我点好处 |
[17:05] | A makeover. No problem. | 改头换面吗 没问题 |
[17:07] | We’ll start with your hair, and we’ll work our way down. | 可以先从”头”到脚 好好改造一番 |
[17:09] | No, I don’t need a makeover. I want a title. | 不需要 我只想要个头衔 |
[17:13] | Like “your ladyship”? | 像是”某夫人”这种吗 |
[17:15] | No, like, um, “President of marketing.” | 不 像是”行销部总裁” |
[17:18] | I’ve always been an assistant with aspirations of grandeur. | 我一直是个有宏伟抱负的助理 |
[17:21] | – What will it cost me? – Nothing. | -需要我花钱吗 -分文不取 |
[17:23] | I know you’re maxed out right now, | 我知道你现在累得跟猪似的 |
[17:24] | So how about you just give me complete creative control | 何不把所有行销工作 |
[17:27] | over all marketing. | 全权托付给我呢 |
[17:28] | And when I book you on “Ellen,” | 我帮你争取到上”艾伦秀”的机会之后 |
[17:30] | I get to go on the show with you. | 我要和你一起亮相 |
[17:33] | Not without that makeover. | 但要先让我帮你大改造 |
[17:36] | Deal. | 成交 |
[17:37] | Your honor, Leela is being improperly extradited. | 法官大人 莉拉被不当引渡到美国 |
[17:41] | Her alleged sedition was committed in the United States. | 她所涉嫌的煽动叛乱罪是在美国被定罪的 |
[17:44] | Under the uniform rule of International Law, | 根据国际法的统一规定 |
[17:46] | criminal cases are not transient. | 刑事案件不具有临时性 |
[17:48] | Jurisdiction lays with Bhutan, | 不丹享有司法管辖权 |
[17:49] | and Bhutanese trials must be conducted on Bhutanese soil. | 不丹人的审判要在不丹领土上进行 |
[17:51] | International Law also provides a change in venue | 国际法为防不公平负担 |
[17:54] | in case of unfair burden. | 也提出可变更审判地点 |
[17:56] | For that reason, I request that the trial | 因此 我请求审判 |
[17:57] | be moved to the piece of Bhutanese soil | 在威尔榭大道4282号的 |
[17:59] | that exists at 4282 Wilshire Boulevard. | 不丹领土上进行 |
[18:02] | Ms. Bingum, Bhutanese soil in the middle of beverly hills? | 贝弗利山庄有不丹领土吗 宾格温小姐 |
[18:05] | The Bhutanese consulate. | 不丹领事馆 |
[18:07] | Your honor, we all know that this case is not about sedition. | 法官大人 你我都清楚这起诉讼与煽动叛乱无关 |
[18:10] | It is about a bratty prince who wants his way. | 不过是刁蛮王子的任性之举 |
[18:13] | Please, please, give Leela a fighting chance. | 所以拜托你 给莉拉一个抗争的机会 |
[18:17] | And you realize Bhutanese law would apply here? | 你明白不丹法律在此地适用吧 |
[18:19] | I understand. | 是的 我明白 |
[18:25] | Then, I order the trial to commence… | 那么 我判决审判… |
[18:28] | in Bhutan, Beverly Hills. | 在贝弗利山的不丹领事馆进行 |
[18:34] | Mr. Hillman, if you could read the note. | 希尔曼老师 你是否可以读一下这封信 |
[18:35] | “Dear Greg, thank you for a wonderful year. | “亲爱的格雷格 谢谢你让我度过了愉快的一年 |
[18:38] | You are an outstanding addition to West Oak Elementary.” | 你一定会是西橡树小学出色的人才 |
[18:42] | Who wrote that letter? | 那封信是谁写的 |
[18:43] | The principal. | 校长 |
[18:45] | Uh, I also have a stack of thank-you notes | 我也有一沓致谢函 |
[18:48] | and letters from grateful parents | 和来自父母们的致谢信 |
[18:51] | that I’d like to introduce into evidence. | 作为证据 |
[18:53] | Objection — | 反对 |
[18:53] | No one’s questioning his skills as a teacher. | 我方并未质疑他身为教师的能力 |
[18:56] | Agreed. The jury will disregard. | 同意 陪审团无需考虑 |
[18:59] | Anything else? | 还有其他证据吗 |
[19:00] | Uh, not at this time. | 目前没有 |
[19:05] | Mr. Hillman, I would like to play a short clip | 希尔曼老师 我想要播放一小段 |
[19:07] | from a home movie. | 自制影片 |
[19:08] | And I need to warn the jury, the content is quite racy. | 我要提醒陪审团 内容十分不雅 |
[19:11] | Objection! | 反对 |
[19:12] | I need Mr. Hillman to authenticate | 我需要希尔曼老师来证明 |
[19:14] | he is the adult film actor in the movie. | 他就是影片中的成人电影演员 |
[19:15] | We’ve already stipulated to the facts. | 我方已经证实过这一事实 |
[19:16] | To show the movie would serve no other purpose | 这段影片除了让陪审团产生偏见 |
[19:18] | than to prejudice the jury. | 别无所图 |
[19:21] | You know what? She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[19:24] | So, in order to save Mr. Hillman any further prejudice, | 为了除却对希尔曼老师更深的偏见 |
[19:27] | I’m withdrawing my request to play the dirty movie. | 我方撤回对于播放其自制下流影片的要求 |
[19:29] | Instead, I’ll simply ask the jury | 我请求陪审团 |
[19:33] | to close their eyes and use your imaginations. | 闭上眼睛 尽情想象 |
[19:49] | – What’s up? Hey. – Oh, I’m trying to master the Bhutanese legal system. | -干嘛呢 -我正在努力学习不丹法律体系 |
[19:53] | Don’t take this wrong, | 不是我打击你 |
[19:54] | But…I don’t think you can win this. | 但我觉得你赢不了 |
[19:57] | Because the state department is against me? | 因为我和国务院对着干吗 |
[20:00] | Well, don’t worry because I’ve handled worse. | 不用担心 再糟的情况我也经历过 |
[20:03] | You’re at a disadvantage because you’re not Bhutanese. | 你不是不丹人 所以你处于很不利的地位 |
[20:06] | Forget the law. | 抛开法律不说 |
[20:07] | You know, you don’t know their customs. | 你不了解他们的习俗 |
[20:08] | Like, for example, did you know if you point your feet | 比如说 你知不知道在不丹 |
[20:10] | at someone it’s considered an insult? | 伸脚对着别人是一种侮辱 |
[20:13] | I did not know that. | 我还真不知道 |
[20:14] | But I will be careful where I put my toes. | 不过我会注意的 |
[20:16] | And say you actually win. | 就算你真的赢了 |
[20:17] | Do you know who hears the appeal? | 你知道上诉由谁审理吗 |
[20:19] | The king. Prince’s daddy. | 国王 王子的父亲 |
[20:21] | Do you want me to give up? | 你想让我放弃吗 |
[20:23] | I’m just saying — | 我是说 |
[20:24] | I’m just saying, as much as I love you, | 虽然我很爱你 |
[20:26] | I just don’t accept your point of view on this. | 但我不能接受你的看法 |
[20:29] | Like I do not accept your point of view on marriage. | 正如我无法接受你对婚姻的观点 |
[20:34] | What? | 什么 |
[20:36] | You called it an archaic institution. | 你说婚姻是陈旧的制度 |
[20:40] | My parents had an awful marriage. | 我父母的婚姻完全一团糟 |
[20:43] | And I used to think it was just them, | 我曾以为他们只是个例 |
[20:44] | But most of my married friends are divorced, | 但是我大部分结婚的朋友都以离婚收场 |
[20:46] | And the others seem miserable. | 其他人看着也很痛苦 |
[20:48] | Well…I mean, I’ve never liked your friends. | 我从来不怎么喜欢你的朋友 |
[20:52] | I just think marriage is a deeply flawed institution | 我只是认为婚姻是一种存在严重缺陷的制度 |
[20:55] | that’s designed to fail. | 注定走向失败 |
[20:58] | See, I think marriage is… | 但我认为婚姻 |
[21:00] | the deepest commitment two people can make. | 情侣间可以许下的最深刻的承诺 |
[21:02] | A couple can make that commitment | 没有这纸政府合约 |
[21:04] | without having a government contract. | 情侣也可以许下承诺 |
[21:05] | But without that contract, | 但是没有那张合约 |
[21:07] | it is too easy to walk away when there are problems. | 出现问题时太容易直接放弃 |
[21:10] | So, a couple should stay together | 一对情侣就因为一纸证书 |
[21:11] | because a piece of paper tells them to? | 就该永不分离吗 |
[21:15] | You don’t stay together because of a piece of paper. | 不是因为一纸证书才不分离 |
[21:18] | You stay together because you made a commitment. | 是因为对彼此许下了承诺而不分离 |
[21:22] | And when things get hard, Owen, | 当出现问题的时候 欧文 |
[21:24] | Yeah, it is that piece of paper that reminds you | 确实是这一纸证书提醒你 |
[21:26] | of why you got together in the first place, you know? | 为什么你们会选择在一起 |
[21:30] | It’s — it is. | 这是 |
[21:31] | It’s that “Happily ever after” that everybody wants. | 这是人人都要想的幸福完美结局 |
[21:35] | How can’t you see that? | 你怎么就不明白呢 |
[21:36] | Jane, let me ask you something. | 简 我问你个问题 |
[21:38] | When you were a little girl, | 你是个小女孩的时候 |
[21:39] | Did you dream about being a princess? | 梦想成为公主吗 |
[21:41] | Yes. A lot of little girls do. | 当然 很多小姑娘都有这个梦想 |
[21:43] | You wanted a fairy godmother and a carriage with white horses? | 你想要神仙教母和马车吗 |
[21:46] | Yeah, the whole shebang. | 对 一整套都想要 |
[21:49] | Ask Leela what she thinks about marrying a prince. | 问问莉拉 她对嫁给王子有什么看法 |
[21:53] | See, t-there’s fantasy and then there’s reality. | 幻想和现实是有差距的 |
[21:55] | Leela’s being force into marriage. | 莉拉是被迫答应结婚的 |
[21:58] | You know what, Owen? Don’t worry. | 欧文 你不用担心 |
[22:00] | ’cause no one’s gonna force you to marry anybody. | 没人会逼你娶任何人 |
[22:03] | No, no — whoa. That’s not fair. | 不是 你这么说可不公平 |
[22:04] | I really need to get back to work. | 我得接着工作了 |
[22:06] | Okay, so, thank you for stopping by. | 多谢你过来 |
[22:10] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[22:12] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[22:42] | Good morning. | 早上好啊 |
[22:43] | How’d you sleep? | 睡得好吗 |
[22:44] | I didn’t. B.T.J. | 根本没睡 B.T.J |
[22:46] | Bacon, tomato, jam? | 培根 土豆和果酱吗 |
[22:48] | Bhutanese trial jitters. | 不丹审判恐慌症 |
[22:50] | Well, their law is mostly oral tradition, | 他们的法律主要来自口述传统 |
[22:52] | So…when all else fails, do what you do best. | 其它招都不行的时候 试试你最拿手的 |
[22:57] | What — what’s that? | 是什么 |
[22:59] | Play to the magistrate’s emotions. | 以情打动法官 |
[23:01] | – Right. – Like all of us, | -对 -和我们一样 |
[23:02] | our client deserves to get married to someone she loves, | 我们的委托人也应该嫁给她所爱的人 |
[23:05] | And that’s not the prince. | 而她爱的并非王子 |
[23:08] | Do you really believe that? | 你真相信吗 |
[23:10] | True love and marriage? | 真爱和婚姻 |
[23:14] | Of course I do. Don’t you? | 当然 你不信吗 |
[23:19] | Absolutely. | 我相信 |
[23:27] | Whatcha doing? | 干嘛呢 |
[23:29] | You startled me. | 吓我一跳 |
[23:30] | You’re spying on my boss and you’re jumpy. | 你窥探我老板 还神经兮兮的 |
[23:32] | What gives? | 什么情况 |
[23:33] | What’s going on with those two? | 他俩是什么情况 |
[23:35] | Jane and Grayson? | 简和格雷森 |
[23:36] | She pined after him for, like, ever. | 她之前喜欢格雷森很久 |
[23:38] | And soon as she gets serious with Owen, | 她和欧文认真交往后 |
[23:40] | he is all over her like Madonna and botox. | 格雷森又疯狂迷上了她 |
[23:43] | But men just want what they can’t have. | 男人啊 得不到的总是最好的 |
[23:46] | And, by the way, Luke, I am totally not available. | 对了 卢克 我现在可是有主的人 |
[23:50] | That’s not gonna happen. | 咱俩没戏 |
[23:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:54] | – Parker. – Good morning. | -帕克 -早上好 |
[23:55] | – How’s Eric? – Keeps asking about his teacher. | -艾瑞克怎么样了 -一直问他老师的事 |
[23:58] | I’ve been thinking. | 我在想 |
[23:59] | The judge is clearly biased against our client. | 法官明显对我们的委托人有偏见 |
[24:01] | So, what if we can use those videos to our advantage? | 要是我们将视频用在对我们有利的方面呢 |
[24:04] | You know what’s on those videos, right? | 你知道那些视频的内容吧 |
[24:05] | No one at that school even knew those videos existed | 要不是气愤的学生家长提出来 |
[24:08] | until one angry dad dug them up. | 学校根本没人知道这些视频存在 |
[24:10] | New strategy — | 新战术 |
[24:11] | Angry dad subjected the school to pornography, | 气愤的父亲让学生接触了色情片 |
[24:13] | Not our client. | 而非我们的委托人 |
[24:14] | Judge won’t like that. | 法官不会欣然接受的 |
[24:15] | Judge won’t be in the jury room. | 法官又不是陪审员 |
[24:17] | 陪审团认为刑事被告虽然法律上有罪 但不应受惩罚时 作出无罪释放裁决的情形 | |
[24:17] | Jury nullification? Worth a shot. | 法律无效化 值得一试 |
[24:21] | I’m on it. | 我来跟进 |
[24:25] | President of marketing. May I help you? | 营销总裁 有什么能帮你 |
[24:28] | Teri? | 泰丽 |
[24:29] | – I mean, um, Kim Kaswell’s office. – Where are you? | -金·卡斯维尔办公室 -你在哪 |
[24:31] | At my desk. | 就在办公室啊 |
[24:33] | No, you’re not. | 你没在 |
[24:34] | That’s ’cause I’m in the copy room. | 因为我在复印室 |
[24:36] | – Well, what are you copying? – My boobs. | -你在复印什么 -我的胸部 |
[24:39] | What can I do for you, Kim? | 有什么吩咐 金 |
[24:40] | Go subpoena the customer records from the website | 申请传票 要求出售希尔曼视频的网站 |
[24:42] | that sold Hillman’s videos. | 提供客户记录 |
[24:44] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[24:45] | And then cross-check those customer records | 交叉核对客户名单和 |
[24:46] | with the names of the parents at West Oak Elementary. | 西橡树小学的家长名单 |
[24:49] | You got it. | 马上就办 |
[25:08] | Miss Penjore, you may take the stand. | 佩卓里小姐 到被告席上来 |
[25:12] | Ms. Bingum, you may approach the accused. | 宾格温小姐 你可以向被告提问了 |
[25:15] | Leela, did you publicly speak ill against your country? | 莉拉 你曾经公开诋毁过你的祖国吗 |
[25:20] | No. I — I would never do that. | 没有 我绝不会那样做的 |
[25:23] | My country is beautiful. | 我的祖国是个美丽的国度 |
[25:24] | And did you ever intend to embarrass the prince | 你曾经有意陷王子或王室 |
[25:28] | or the royal family? | 于尴尬的境地吗 |
[25:29] | Absolutely not. My allegiance is to them. | 当然没有 我忠于王室 |
[25:37] | Your witness. | 该你提问了 |
[25:39] | You hid from the prince’s guards in a public toilet? | 为了避开王子的保镖 你躲在公共卫生间里 |
[25:43] | Yes, but — | 是 但是 |
[25:43] | – Does that sound honorable to you? – Uh, objection. | -你觉得这样做体面吗 -反对 |
[25:46] | Just for the record, it was a very clean bathroom | 顺便提一句 那是顶级餐厅里 |
[25:48] | at a top-rated restaurant. | 非常干净的卫生间 |
[25:50] | You could practically eat off the floor. | 东西掉地上都可以捡起来吃 |
[25:51] | Not that she did. | 当然她没这么干 |
[25:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:57] | Please, identify the man in this photo. | 照片里的男人是谁 |
[26:02] | That is Hari Gazmer. | 那是海利·戈兹麦 |
[26:04] | Are you aware that Mr. Gazmer is a well-known critic | 你知不知道戈兹麦先生是一位有名的 |
[26:06] | Of Bhutanese policy and author of seditious papers? | 不丹政策批评家和煽动性报纸的撰稿人 |
[26:09] | That’s not true. He’s a student. | 不是 他是学生 |
[26:11] | He writes about Bhutan’s ecosystem. | 他撰写关于不丹生态系统的文章 |
[26:12] | Did you tell the prince, your fiance? | 你有没有告诉王子 即你的未婚夫 |
[26:16] | about your secret meeting with Mr. Gazmer? | 你和戈兹麦先生私下会面的事 |
[26:18] | No, but it’s not like — | 没有 但我们又没… |
[26:19] | No more questions. | 没有问题了 |
[26:24] | A concerned parent alerted me to the videos. | 是一位家长把视频一事告诉我的 |
[26:27] | Principal Bennett, was it the same concerned parent | 贝内特校长 是不是就是这位家长的女儿 |
[26:31] | whose daughter wasn’t cast as Lucy in Charlie Brown? | 未能入选《查理·布朗》中的露西这一角色 |
[26:34] | Objection! Relevance? | 反对 没有关联性 |
[26:36] | Your honor, but for this vendetta, we wouldn’t be here. | 法官大人 正是家长的报复心理引发了本案 |
[26:38] | I mean, an unwatched porn video | 一部无人观看的色情片 |
[26:40] | is like an erect tree falling in the forest. | 就好比一棵”挺”拔的树倒在森林之中 |
[26:44] | Objeciton sustained. | 反对有效 |
[26:45] | Philosophical sophistry notwithstanding. | 尽管这是哲学诡辩 |
[26:47] | Ms. Kaswell, I suggest you find another line of questioning. | 但卡斯维女士 我建议你改换其它问题 |
[26:56] | Uh, one moment, please. | 稍等一下 |
[26:59] | I got the info you wanted. | 我找到你要的资料了 |
[27:00] | Yeah, well, thanks, but the judge just shut me down. | 谢谢 但法官刚驳回了我的问题 |
[27:02] | Well, what if I said | 要是我说 |
[27:03] | it wasn’t a parent who first found the video. | 首先发现色情片的并非学生家长呢 |
[27:06] | Then I would say, “Thank you, Teri.” | 那我会说 谢谢你 泰丽 |
[27:13] | Principal Bennett, on the 10th of February, | 贝内特校长 在二月十日 |
[27:17] | four months before you suspended Mr. Hillman, | 就是你将希尔曼老师停职的四个月前 |
[27:20] | did you stream his porn videos on your computer? | 你有把他的色情片下载到你的电脑上吗 |
[27:29] | I-I, um — I watched the videos | 我看了那些片子 |
[27:32] | because I had heard a rumor. | 是因为我听到谣言了 |
[27:33] | Oh, well, then I’m confused | 那我就困惑了 |
[27:35] | because if the students were in immediate danger, | 因为如果如你声称的 学生处于紧迫危险中 |
[27:38] | as you alleged, then why didn’t you fire him immediately? | 那你为什么没有马上开除他呢 |
[27:42] | I mean, you waited four months. | 你却等了四个月 |
[27:43] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[27:46] | Isn’t it true that you only fired him now | 你现在开除他 |
[27:48] | because of the pressures put upon you by a disgruntled parent? | 纯粹是因为一位气恼的家长进行了施压 对吗 |
[27:51] | Objection! Your honor, | 反对 法官大人 |
[27:52] | – principal Bennett’s not on trial here. – Agreed. | -贝内特校长并不是被告 -同意 |
[27:54] | – Ms. Kaswell. – Oh, come on, your honor! | -卡斯维女士 -拜托 法官大人 |
[27:56] | My line of questioning goes right to the heart of this case. | 我的这个问题直击案件核心 |
[27:59] | If the children were not in any danger — | 如果孩子并没有处于任何危险中 |
[28:01] | I said, “Sustained.” | 我说了 反对有效 |
[28:03] | – And I say, “B.S.” – Excuse me? | -我说扯淡 -什么 |
[28:04] | My co-counsel has been trying this case | 由于您的日程安排问题 |
[28:06] | with one hand tied behind her back because of your agenda. | 我的协理律师在此案审理过程中一直毫不费力 |
[28:09] | This is a jury trial, | 这是陪审团审判案件 |
[28:10] | and these people are entitled to hear a properly argued case. | 陪审员们有权利听到控辩双方充分的辩论 |
[28:13] | One more word, and you’re in contempt. | 再说一句 就判你藐视法庭 |
[28:17] | Then we rest our case. | 我们愿意终止辩论 |
[28:20] | Good. | 很好 |
[28:22] | And we’re ready for our closing argument. | 我们准备结案陈词 |
[28:24] | We’ll adjourn till then. | 休庭 |
[28:27] | What did you just do? | 你刚在干什么 |
[28:28] | The less that jury hears from that judge, the better. | 陪审团从法官那听到的越少越好 |
[28:32] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[28:34] | It’s time they hear from me. | 该我登场了 |
[28:40] | Your majesty, when did you propose to Leela Penjore? | 陛下 你是何时向莉拉·佩卓里求婚的 |
[28:43] | November 12th. I remember it well. | 11月12日 我记得很清楚 |
[28:46] | This is the International Ledger Review from November 11th | 这是11月11日版的《国际分账报》 |
[28:51] | announcing your engagement. | 对你订婚的报道 |
[28:53] | What is your question? | 你想问什么 |
[28:55] | You sent out a press release announcing your engagement | 你在求婚前就已对外发出新闻稿 |
[28:57] | prior to popping the question. | 宣布你订婚的消息 |
[28:58] | Doesn’t that seem strange? | 这不奇怪吗 |
[29:02] | Ms. Bingum, may I remind you, | 宾格温女士 容我提醒你 |
[29:04] | if you offend our monarchy, I can hold you in contempt. | 如果你冒犯我们的君主 我可以告你藐视罪 |
[29:13] | Your majesty, | 陛下 |
[29:13] | what is the purpose of your trip to the United States? | 你此行来美国的目的是什么 |
[29:16] | To promote our magnificent country | 在美国与不丹两国关系的关键时期 |
[29:18] | at a crucial time in U.S.-Bhutan relations. | 宣传我们美丽的祖国 |
[29:21] | And did Leela know the purpose of the trip? | 那莉拉知道此行的目的吗 |
[29:23] | Of course. She agreed to it. | 当然 她同意跟我一起来的 |
[29:26] | Agreeing to participate in a goodwill tour? | 同意参与友好访问 |
[29:28] | Is that the behavior of a seditious woman? | 这是一个叛乱女性该有的行为吗 |
[29:31] | Now, we contend that hiding in a bathroom | 我们承认藏在洗手间 |
[29:34] | may be…dishonorable, but it is not seditious. | 可能不太体面 但这够不上叛乱 |
[29:38] | That Leela volunteered to join you on a goodwill tour, | 莉拉自愿同你一同进行友好访问 |
[29:42] | that’s — that’s proof that she is a patriotic woman — | 这表面她是一位爱国的女士 |
[29:46] | The opposite of seditious. | 恰恰与叛乱相反 |
[29:48] | Isn’t that true? | 不是吗 |
[29:50] | – I misspoke before. – I’m sorry? | -我说错了 -什么 |
[29:52] | Leela did not want to come with me. | 莉拉不想和我一起来 |
[29:54] | She did not want to come to America. | 她不愿来美国 |
[29:57] | He’s lying. He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[30:00] | Prince Kencho, I’ll ask the question again. | 肯丘王子 我再问一次 |
[30:02] | The question has been asked and answered. | 问题已经问答完毕 |
[30:05] | And this trial has drawn to a close. | 案件审理到此为止 |
[30:08] | – No, but, see, he — – Enough. | -不 但他… -够了 |
[30:09] | On the charge of seditious acts against the royal kingdom of Bhutan, | 对不丹王国犯下叛乱行为的指控 |
[30:13] | I find Leela Penjore guilty. | 我判莉拉·佩卓里有罪 |
[30:18] | She is to be taken into custody and deported immediately. | 即刻收监并驱逐出境 |
[30:37] | Come in. | 请进 |
[30:40] | Judge Sanders, I really need your help. | 桑德斯法官 我需要你的帮忙 |
[30:42] | They’re deporting Leela. The — the trial was a sham. | 他们要驱逐莉拉 审判只是个幌子 |
[30:45] | I’m sorry to hear it, but what did you expect? | 我深表遗憾 但你想怎样呢 |
[30:48] | I expected to be heard, that — that justice would prevail, | 我希望被聆听 正义得到声张 |
[30:51] | – but — – You were naive. | -但 -你太天真了 |
[30:53] | Your honor, you have to do something. | 法官大人 你得做点什么 |
[30:58] | Come in. | 请进 |
[30:59] | Judge. | 法官 |
[31:00] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[31:01] | Helping you save Leela. | 帮你救莉拉 |
[31:02] | And I’ll tell you the same thing I told Ms. Bingum. | 还是刚告诉宾格温女士的那句话 |
[31:05] | I can’t help you. | 我无能为力 |
[31:06] | – Don’t underestimate yourself.- Excuse me? | -别小看自己 -什么 |
[31:08] | This is the transcript from Leela’s trial. | 这是莉拉的庭审记录 |
[31:10] | Please read the highlighted part from the prince. | 请读出划线的有关王子的部分 |
[31:12] | “Leela did not want to come with me. | 莉拉不想和我一起来 |
[31:14] | She did not want to come to America.” | 她不愿来美国 |
[31:17] | Jane, under the universal declaration of human rights, | 简 根据《世界人权宣言》 |
[31:19] | the four recognized human-rights violations are? | 四个得到广泛承认的侵犯人权的行为是 |
[31:22] | Torture, religious persecution, rape, and human trafficking. | 折磨 宗教迫害 强奸 贩卖人口 |
[31:27] | Your honor, according to the prince, | 法官大人 根据王子的陈诉 |
[31:29] | Leela did not want to come to America. | 莉拉不愿来美国 |
[31:32] | Hence, if he forced her to come, | 因此 如果他强迫她前来 |
[31:34] | by definition, he is admitting to human trafficking. | 根据定义 他的行为就是贩卖人口 |
[31:37] | Which means she’s eligible for asylum. | 意味着她有权获得庇护 |
[31:39] | Coercing a woman to travel first class for a goodwill tour | 强迫一位女士坐头等舱进行友好访问 |
[31:42] | is hardly human trafficking. | 很难被定义为贩卖人口 |
[31:44] | I don’t disagree, | 我并不反对 |
[31:45] | but the prince’s words on record do give you a toehold. | 但王子的口供给了你一个立足点 |
[31:48] | Per the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000, | 根据2000年通过的《人口贩运受害者保护法案》 |
[31:50] | You can grant Leela a “T” Visa, keeping her in this country. | 你可以给莉拉签署T签证 让她暂时留在美国 |
[31:56] | Two years ago, Mr. Hillman had sex with his wife | 两年前 希尔曼先生和妻子做爱 |
[31:59] | and filmed it for money. | 并将其拍摄出售 |
[32:01] | Why? Because he was desperate. | 为什么 因为他绝望了 |
[32:05] | Well, now I’m desperate. | 而现在我绝望了 |
[32:06] | See, my son is in Mr. Hillman’s class, | 我儿子在希尔曼老师的班上 |
[32:10] | and when I get home at night, he asks, | 我晚上回家的时候 他问我 |
[32:12] | “When is my favorite teacher coming back, dad?” | 爸爸 我最喜欢的老师何时才能重返课堂 |
[32:16] | I’m desperate to get Mr. Hillman back in that classroom. | 我愿意不顾一切让希尔曼老师重返课堂 |
[32:20] | How desperate? | 有多不顾一切 |
[32:22] | Well… | 看着 |
[32:25] | Judge for yourself. | 自己判断吧 |
[32:27] | – Mr. Parker! This is inappropriate! – Your honor, come on! | -帕克先生 这有伤风化 -法官大人 拜托 |
[32:30] | – Please! – Your honor! | -请停止 -法官大人 |
[32:31] | You’re right, but will my indiscretion today | 你是对的 但我今天的不检行为 |
[32:33] | prevent me from representing a client two years from now? | 会在两年后成为我代表我委托人的阻碍吗 |
[32:36] | Of course not. And what if I took off my shirt, as well? | 当然不会 要是我把衣服也脱掉呢 |
[32:38] | – That is enough, Mr. Parker! – Oh, please, your honor! | -够了 帕克先生 -法官大人 |
[32:40] | – We are, in this country, – Mr. Parker! | -在我国 -帕克先生 |
[32:42] | – facing a crisis in education. – Mr. Parker! | -教育正面临危机 -帕克先生 |
[32:44] | All right. I’m holding you in contempt. | 我判你藐视法庭 |
[32:46] | – Bailiff. Oh, imagine my surprise. | -法警 -我可真”惊讶”啊 |
[32:47] | – Bailiff! – This is a jury trial for a reason. | -法警 -此案进行陪审团审判是有原因的 |
[32:49] | – My client is not proud of what he did. – Order! | -我的当事人并不以其所为而自豪 -保持秩序 |
[32:51] | I’m not proud to | 我穿着平角裤 |
[32:51] | – stand here today in my boxers. – Take him out. | -站在法庭也没啥好自豪的 -带他出去 |
[32:53] | – But I’m desperate – Bailiff, remove him | -但我迫不及待地 -法警 |
[32:54] | – to save a great teacher. – from this courtroom! | -要救一个好老师 -把他带出法庭 |
[32:55] | And I’m desperate to tell my son | 我迫不及待地要告诉我儿子 |
[32:57] | that his favorite teacher will be back in the classroom! | 他最喜欢的老师会重回课堂 |
[33:04] | Ms. Barrett? I’m Mo Harris, | 巴雷特小姐 我是莫·哈里斯 |
[33:06] | Los Angeles consumer affairs. | 洛杉矶消费者事务部的 |
[33:07] | I’m here to investigate a complaint. | 我来这调查一起投诉 |
[33:10] | Okay. I thought I saw a rat. | 我本以为我看见了老鼠 |
[33:12] | But it was just an old scrunchy stuck behind the radiator. | 但其实只是一个旧发圈卡在暖气片上了 |
[33:16] | W– how would you know that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[33:18] | Uh, Carrie from Carrie’s cupcakes | 凯莉杯形蛋糕店的凯莉 |
[33:20] | notified my office that | 打电话到办公室说 |
[33:23] | Channing Tatum was in New York | 你发微薄说查宁·塔图姆在你店里的时候 |
[33:24] | when you tweeted he was here. | 他人当时在纽约 |
[33:26] | Another fake tweet could bring charges of false advertising. | 你要再发一条假微博 我可以告你虚假宣传 |
[33:30] | It will never, ever happen again. | 再也不会发生了 |
[33:36] | Can I…? | 我能 |
[33:38] | I would like to hand in my resignation. | 我愿意递交辞呈 |
[33:40] | And I accept it. | 我接受 |
[33:41] | O-M-G, it’s Sandra Oh! | 天呐 是吴珊卓 |
[33:43] | That is so offensive, young lady. | 这太没礼貌了 年轻人 |
[33:45] | Not all Asians look alike. | 亚洲人并非都长一个模样 |
[33:47] | Except that I am Sandra Oh. | 不过我确实是吴珊卓 |
[33:50] | And, oh, do I love Stacy’s pakes. | 而且我超喜欢史黛西的派糕 |
[33:54] | You might want to tweet that. | 你可以把这句话发到微博上 |
[33:56] | Hello? Anybody home? | 家里有人吗 |
[33:58] | – We’re in here. – Dad! | -我们在这儿呢 -爸爸 |
[34:01] | Thanks for getting Mr. Hillman his job back. | 谢谢你让希尔曼老师继续回来教课 |
[34:03] | – What? – Oh, uh, while you were unavailable, | -什么 -你不在的时候 |
[34:07] | the verdict came in. | 判决下来了 |
[34:08] | He starts school again tomorrow. | 他明天就重回学校上课了 |
[34:10] | Love you, dad. | 爱你 爸爸 |
[34:11] | I love you, too, pal. | 我也爱你 小家伙 |
[34:13] | Now, go brush your teeth. | 现在快去刷牙吧 |
[34:20] | So, how was the clink? | 蹲局子的感觉如何 |
[34:23] | Well worth it. | 蹲得很值 |
[34:25] | In fact, if you don’t mind getting Eric to bed, | 你要是现在能哄艾瑞克上床睡觉 |
[34:29] | I will get us a bottle of champagne… | 我就给咱俩开瓶香槟 |
[34:33] | to celebrate. | 庆祝一下 |
[34:34] | To celebrate Mr. Hillman? | 庆祝希尔曼老师重返讲台吗 |
[34:38] | That’s a start. | 好戏在后头 |
[34:45] | Jane, how’d it go with the judge? | 简 法官那边怎么说 |
[34:46] | She’s considering our request, but we don’t have much time. | 她在考虑我们的诉求 但我们时间不多了 |
[34:49] | And Leela’s plane leaves in an hour. | 莉拉的飞机还有一小时就要起飞了 |
[34:50] | Oh, well, uh, maybe this isn’t the best time to tell you, | 也许现在告诉你这种事不太合适 |
[34:53] | but Owen stopped by. | 不过欧文来过了 |
[34:55] | Okay? | 然后呢 |
[34:56] | Why the cautious voice and long face? | 你怎么说话小心翼翼 表情那么凝重 |
[34:58] | He said he really needed to speak with you. | 他说找你有非常要紧的事 |
[35:00] | He was carrying your tote, | 他带来了你的手提袋 |
[35:02] | The one that you use at his place for an overnight bag. | 就是你在他家过夜 装必需品的那个袋子 |
[35:06] | Oh…god. | 上帝啊 |
[35:08] | Nope, just me — Luke. | 不是上帝 只是卢克而已 |
[35:10] | Not now, Luke. | 现在没心情开玩笑 卢克 |
[35:12] | I think Owen’s dumping me. | 我觉得欧文要甩了我 |
[35:14] | I mean, the bag is the only thing I keep at his place, and… | 那个手提袋是我唯一留在他家的东西 |
[35:18] | …we had this argument. | 我们之前吵了一架 |
[35:19] | Everyone argues. | 情侣都会吵架 |
[35:20] | No, it was about marriage. | 不 这次是因为结婚的事情 |
[35:22] | And he said he didn’t believe in marriage, | 他说自己不相信婚姻 |
[35:25] | and I made it perfectly clear that I do. | 而我明确说明自己很推崇婚姻 |
[35:27] | Well, he’s waiting in the bar downstairs to speak with you. | 他在楼下的酒吧等你 |
[35:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[35:32] | Jane? | 简 |
[35:34] | Leela! Hi. Oh, my god! | 莉拉 天啊 |
[35:35] | Judge pushed through the visa just in time. | 法官很及时地批准了签证 |
[35:37] | You saved my life. I owe you everything. | 你救了我的命 我简直无以为报 |
[35:43] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[35:44] | Oh, yeah. I’m — I’m just so happy for you. | 没事 我就是替你高兴 |
[35:48] | I — I can’t — | 我不能… |
[35:53] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[35:54] | Actually, I-I need to go do s– | 其实我得去… |
[35:56] | There’s someone — do — I have to talk to someone. I’m sorry. | 有人… 我得找某人谈事情 抱歉 |
[35:59] | – Of course. Of course. – Okay. | -没事 没事 -好的 |
[36:02] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[36:06] | – Where is she going? – The bar downstairs. | -她要去哪儿 -楼下酒吧 |
[36:08] | – Why? – None of my business. | -去那儿干嘛 -不关我的事 |
[36:15] | Come on. I’ll, uh, walk you out. | 来吧 我送你出去 |
[36:17] | Grayson, you need to go to Jane. | 格雷森 你得去找简 |
[36:20] | What? | 什么 |
[36:20] | She’s upset, and you love her. | 她心情不好 而你又爱着她 |
[36:24] | I can see it in your eyes. | 我能从你眼中看出爱意 |
[36:27] | Go to her now and tell her everything. | 现在就去找她 跟她告白 |
[36:30] | Leela, it’s more complicated — | 莉拉 事情没这么简单 |
[36:32] | It’s only complicated when you’re not true to your feelings. | 事情之所以复杂是因为你没有直面自己的感觉 |
[36:37] | Go. | 去吧 |
[36:52] | Please. | 请坐 |
[36:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:00] | So, I hear you’ve been looking for me. | 听说你有事找我 |
[37:02] | Yeah. Yeah. How was your day? | 是的 你今天过得怎样 |
[37:05] | Uh, good. Uh, Leela got her “T” Visa. | 很好 莉拉拿到了T签证 |
[37:08] | – Really? Wow. That’s wonderful. – Yeah. Yeah. | -真的吗 太棒了 -是啊 是啊 |
[37:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:19] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[37:20] | – Luke? – Grayson, hey. | -卢克 -格雷森 |
[37:21] | Listen, I just got a call from a potential client — | 我刚接到一个潜在客户的电话 |
[37:23] | um, wants to have dinner tonight over in Santa Monica. | 说想在圣莫妮卡吃晚餐 |
[37:26] | How about you and I head on there, huh? | 咱们俩过去陪同怎样 |
[37:27] | Actually, there’s something I need to do here. Did you see Jane? | 其实我有事情要做 你看到简了吗 |
[37:29] | -Where are my manners? C-can I get you something to drink? – No. | -瞧我真没礼貌 你要喝点什么 -不必了 |
[37:31] | – Pomtini, white wine? – No. | -石榴马提尼 白葡萄酒 -不必了 |
[37:32] | Owen, I’m fine, really. | 欧文 真的不必了 |
[37:37] | Whiskey? | 威士忌 |
[37:40] | Or, as you call it, “liquid courage.” | 你称之为”液体勇气” |
[37:43] | You know what? You know what? Forget about the client. | 这样吧 先别管客户的事了 |
[37:45] | I want to buy you a drink, man. | 我想请你喝一杯 哥们 |
[37:46] | I know this place that makes a mean pisco sour. | 我知道有家酒吧的皮斯科鸡尾酒超赞 |
[37:49] | Talking about brandy — | 白兰地什么的 |
[37:50] | – Actually, I really need to — – Hey, actually, one sec. | -我真的要… -稍等 |
[37:52] | Uh…hello? | 喂 |
[37:55] | Hey, great. | 好极了 |
[37:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:59] | Owen, enough. | 欧文 别纠结了 |
[38:02] | I know what’s coming, and…I get it. | 我知道你想说什么 我懂 |
[38:08] | You know, our values just — just aren’t the same. | 我们的价值观不同 |
[38:13] | And we want different things out of life. | 我们对于生活的期许不同 |
[38:17] | You brought my tote bag, and — and I get it. | 你带来了我的手提袋 我懂了 |
[38:23] | No. | 不 |
[38:24] | – Owen. – No, no. | -欧文 -不是这样的 |
[38:25] | – Oh, god. – Owen? | -天啊 -欧文 |
[38:27] | H-hang on, please. Here. | 稍等 给 |
[38:34] | – Open it. – Okay. | -打开 -好吧 |
[38:52] | Jane… | 简 |
[38:57] | …will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[39:00] | I-I thought you didn’t believe in marriage. | 你不是不相信婚姻吗 |
[39:03] | I didn’t. | 我之前不相信 |
[39:05] | And now you do? | 那你现在信了吗 |
[39:09] | Now I see it through your eyes. | 现在我从你眼中看到了希望 |
[39:32] | Great. | 好 |
[39:33] | Great. I’ll let him know. | 好 我会转告他的 |
[39:35] | Hey, so, good news. | 有好消息 |
[39:37] | A buddy of mine wants to do poker night at his house tonight. | 我有个哥们今晚想在家里摆牌局 |
[39:39] | – You want to join? – I’m sorry, Luke. | -你想去玩吗 -抱歉 卢克 |
[39:40] | I really need to see Jane. Excuse me. | 我真的要去找简 失陪了 |
[39:44] | Hey. Grayson! | 格雷森 |
[39:45] | Hey. Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[39:46] | Yeah. A-actually I’m fabulous. | 没事 事实上我好得不得了 |
[39:49] | Um… we just got engaged. | 我们刚刚订婚了 |
[39:54] | Wow. Congrats. Amazing. | 恭喜啊 太棒了 |
[39:56] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[39:57] | Yeah. That’s…big news. | 是啊 这可是件大事 |
[40:02] | Yeah, it’s — it’s huge. | 是啊 天大的消息 |
[40:05] | I-I actually just got off the phone with Stacy, | 我刚刚跟史黛西通过电话 |
[40:07] | and we’re gonna celebrate at the pakery. | 我们准备去派糕店庆祝 |
[40:09] | Would you join us? | 你要一起来吗 |
[40:11] | Uh…that’s okay. | 算了 |
[40:13] | I, uh… I’ve got this thing. | 我已经有约了 |
[40:17] | – Right? – Right. | -对吧 -对 |
[40:18] | Right. | 对 |
[40:20] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[40:22] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[40:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:24] | Both of you. | 恭喜你们 |
[40:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:54] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[41:05] | Ladies. | 姑娘们 |
[41:07] | If you’ll excuse me, I need to borrow my fiance. | 不好意思 我要借我的未婚妻用一下 |
[41:10] | Oh, his fiance. | 他的未婚妻哟 |
[41:14] | What’s going on? | 什么事啊 |
[41:21] | Owen. | 欧文 |
[41:26] | For my princess. | 献给我的公主 |
[41:29] | Who are you? | 你是谁啊 |
[41:30] | – Me? – Yeah. | -我吗 -是啊 |
[41:32] | Well, I’m your prince. | 我是你的王子 |
[41:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:35] | Fine. | 算了 |
[41:36] | I’m just a guy who’d rather live in your reality than mine. | 我只是宁愿为了你而放弃自己现实生活的男人 |
[41:41] | – Shall we? – Yeah. | -走吧 -好 |
[41:42] | Come on. | 来吧 |