时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that inspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:06] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | And the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend stacy and my guardian angel, Luke. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使卢克 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | …and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:38] | Welcome back to “Miss Perfect 2012” | 欢迎回到”2012年完美小姐大赛” |
[00:42] | And our final contestant… Jane Bingum! | 我们最后一位参赛者是简·宾格温 |
[00:48] | Hi, I’m Jane from California. | 我是来自加州的简 |
[00:50] | I’m a 33-year-old lawyer | 我是一名33岁的律师 |
[00:52] | with the soul of a 25-year-old model. | 身体里驻着25岁模特的灵魂 |
[00:55] | – Get off the stage! – Weirdo! | -滚下台去 -怪胎 |
[00:57] | In my spare time, | 在业余时间 |
[00:58] | I enjoy bickering with my guardian angel. | 我喜欢跟我的守护天使斗嘴 |
[01:01] | Actually, it’s my second guardian angel. | 其实他是我的第二任守护天使 |
[01:03] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[01:07] | For fun, I shop on Rodeo Drive with my best friend, Stacy. | 我会和闺蜜史黛西去罗德奥大道购物消遣 |
[01:12] | And I do believe in world peace. | 我真心相信世界和平 |
[01:14] | Nobody cares! Get off the stage! | 谁管你啊 滚下台去 |
[01:28] | – Morning, Jane. – Morning. | -早 简 -早 |
[01:32] | Stacy? | 史黛西 |
[01:34] | Oh, my god! What a fantastic new haircut. | 天啊 你这新发型太赞了 |
[01:38] | It was Nikki’s idea. She thought I needed a new do. | 是尼基让我剪的 她觉得我需要换个造型 |
[01:41] | – Hi, Jane. – Oh, hey, Nikki. | -你好 简 -你好 尼基 |
[01:44] | Um, what are you two doing here? | 你们俩怎么来了 |
[01:46] | Meeting with Grayson. | 找格雷森 |
[01:48] | Can I ask why? | 为什么找他 |
[01:49] | Legal stuff — for our pie-meets-cake busins. | 法律方面的事 有关我们的派糕业务 |
[01:53] | Right. Your “Pakes.” | 是啊 “派糕” |
[01:55] | You know, I can help you with the legal stuff. | 其实我可以做你们的法律顾问 |
[01:57] | I am a lawyer. | 我毕竟是名律师 |
[01:58] | After you refused to invest in our business, | 自从你当初拒绝投资之后 |
[02:01] | we decided we didn’t need your help. | 我们就不打算向你求助了 |
[02:03] | But thanks. | 不过还是多谢好意 |
[02:05] | Okay. So, you were able to find other investors? | 好吧 你们找到其他投资商了吗 |
[02:09] | Stacy’s fronting half the start-up costs, | 史黛西支付一半的启动资金 |
[02:12] | and I’m covering the rest. | 剩下的我来买单 |
[02:13] | Where are you getting that kind of money? | 你哪来那么多钱 |
[02:15] | It’s in my savings. | 我动用了自己的积蓄 |
[02:17] | All of it. | 全部积蓄 |
[02:19] | Like they say, you got to go big to win big, | 常言道 投入大 收益才大 |
[02:22] | even when the people closest to you are small. | 即便最亲近的人都是个卑鄙”小”人 |
[02:24] | Stacy, you know I just wanted to see a business plan. | 史黛西 我只不过是想先看看你的商业企划 |
[02:26] | We talked about this. | 我们谈过这个问题了 |
[02:28] | Morning, ladies. | 早啊 姑娘们 |
[02:30] | Hi, Jane. | 简 |
[02:34] | Shall we get started? | 可以开始了吗 |
[02:36] | – Morning, boss. – Teri. Morning. | -老大早 -泰丽早 |
[02:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:41] | Ew. Something died in that coffee. | 这咖啡里有死虫子吧 |
[02:44] | Oh, no. It’s Dong-A. | 这不是咖啡 是东阿茶 |
[02:45] | It’s a Korean drink with royal jelly and guarana. | 是一种用蜂王浆和瓜拿纳调配的韩国饮品 |
[02:48] | You need a little extra kick today. | 你今天需要加倍提神 |
[02:50] | Why? | 此话怎讲 |
[02:51] | My friend from the nail salon is on her way up. | 我在美甲店认识的朋友就要过来了 |
[02:53] | Oh, right. That sweet old lady. | 对了 那个可爱的老太太 |
[02:55] | She may be old, but she ain’t sweet. | 是老太太不假 但她一点都不可爱 |
[02:59] | Rita Curtis. Have I got a case for you. | 我是丽塔·柯蒂斯 我有件案子请你帮忙 |
[03:03] | So, I’m in aisle six, office supplies, | 我当时在六号通道 办公用品区 |
[03:05] | when I see this guy — shifty, right? | 我看到有个人鬼鬼祟祟 |
[03:07] | so I followed him, | 就跟踪了他 |
[03:09] | and when he bolted for the exit without paying, | 看到他没付钱就想往出口冲 |
[03:11] | animal instinct took over. | 我就本能地扑了上去 |
[03:15] | That guy was trying to steal a full case of printer cartridges, | 那家伙想偷一整箱打印机墨盒 |
[03:18] | So I stopped him. | 我就阻止了他 |
[03:19] | More like you sacked him with a hammer drop. | 更准确地说 你对他来了个猛虎扑食 |
[03:22] | I take krav maga at the senior center. | 我在老年中心学过防身术 |
[03:24] | I’m a little confused. | 我有点糊涂了 |
[03:25] | The company fired you for stopping a robbery? | 你们公司因为你抓了个小偷而把你开除了 |
[03:28] | They’re claiming | 他们声称 |
[03:29] | that I violated their non-confrontation policy. | 我违反了公司的”零冲突政策” |
[03:33] | Actually, they’re just a bunch of cheap bastards | 事实上 他们这群卑鄙小人 |
[03:35] | trying to deny me my pension. | 不过是想省下我这笔退休金 |
[03:37] | After 20 years of service, she’s just one month shy. | 她在公司做了二十年 还差一个月就退休了 |
[03:41] | So, you gonna take my case or make a liar out of Teri? | 你是打算接下我的案子呢 还是逼泰丽撒谎 |
[03:48] | So, let me get this straight — | 我就开门见山了 |
[03:50] | You want me to represent your sister in her divorce. | 你想让我代理你姐姐的离婚案 |
[03:53] | Correctamundo. | 完全正确 |
[03:54] | Owen, your girlfriend works at this firm. | 欧文 你女友也在这家律所工作 |
[03:57] | Why not just go to her? | 你直接找她不就行了 |
[04:00] | I would feel more comfortable with you than with Jane. | 比起简 你来做我的律师让我觉得更自在 |
[04:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:06] | Let’s get started. | 那就开始吧 |
[04:07] | Bryan and I met in college. | 布莱恩和我是大学同学 |
[04:09] | We were married for 10 years — | 我们结婚十年了 |
[04:10] | Some good, some not as good. | 婚姻生活酸甜参半 |
[04:12] | Then, last week, bam. He wants out. | 上周他突然提出离婚 |
[04:15] | His timing is suspicious — he’s a computer programmer | 这个时间点很可疑 他是个电脑程序员 |
[04:17] | who developed software that’s about to be funded. | 他开发的软件马上就要拿到拨款了 |
[04:19] | Oh, so he’s dumping you right as the money truck is pulling up. | 所以说他眼看要拿到钱 就想把你一脚蹬了 |
[04:23] | Sorry. Uh, lucky for you, | 抱歉 幸运的是 |
[04:26] | California is a community-property state, | 加州承认夫妻共有财产 |
[04:27] | so you’re entitled to half of everything unless — | 所以你享有一半财产 除非… |
[04:29] | We have a prenup. | 我们签了婚前协议 |
[04:30] | Yeah, it stipulates Olivia only gets $10,000. | 协议规定奥莉维娅只能分到一万块 |
[04:33] | Unless he cheats. | 除非他出轨 |
[04:35] | And he’s cheating with some trophy bimbo? | 他跟某个脑残女有染吗 |
[04:38] | Yes. And I brought her with me. | 对 我把她也带过来了 |
[04:41] | Kim, meet Eve. | 金 这位是伊芙 |
[04:42] | Eve, here. How can I help you? | 我是伊芙 请问有何需要帮助 |
[04:45] | I’m sorry. I don’t follow. | 不好意思 我没搞懂 |
[04:47] | Eve is a computer application — | 伊芙是个电脑应用程序 |
[04:49] | Bryan’s invention and the object of his affection. | 这是布莱恩的发明 也是他的挚爱 |
[04:52] | She’s the latest in virtual assistance, top-of-the-line A.I. | 她是最新的虚拟助手 最先进的人工智能技术 |
[04:55] | We want you to argue | 我们希望你辩护说 |
[04:56] | that her husband is having an affair with her. | 她丈夫跟她有婚外情 |
[04:59] | Olivia, you know a person can’t cheat with a computer program. | 奥莉维娅 人是不可能和电脑程序偷情的 |
[05:04] | Miss Kaswell, where’s your open mind? | 卡斯维小姐 你不是很开通吗 |
[05:07] | Your out-of-the-box jurisprudence? | 你出其不意的辩护思路哪去了 |
[05:08] | “Aut viam inveniam aut faciam” — | “无路可走 便自己开路”[拉丁语] |
[05:10] | If we can’t find a way, we’ll make one. | 无路可走 便自己开路 |
[05:12] | You recall the matrix argument, a no-win case | 还记得那个电脑模型争议案吗 胜诉希望渺茫 |
[05:14] | until the lawyers argued that their client | 但后来律师辩护称他们的委托人 |
[05:16] | was living in an alternate reality? | 生活在虚拟现实当中 |
[05:18] | And the tactic of “Ignorento elenchi” has been used by everybody | 许多律师都使用过”不恰当结论”的辩护技巧 |
[05:21] | from Johnnie Cochran to Racehorse Haynes. | 其中包括约翰尼·科克伦和雷斯豪斯·海恩斯 |
[05:24] | And let’s not forget the “booby brief,” | 另外不要忘了”丰乳案” |
[05:25] | which cleared a woman for B&E due to her double D’s. | 一位女性利用自己的D罩杯洗清了入室行窃的罪名 |
[05:30] | Jay Parker, managing partner. | 我是杰·帕克 管理合伙人 |
[05:32] | It will be this firm’s priority | 我们律所会竭尽全力 |
[05:34] | to get you your rightful share of your marital assets. | 为您争取应得的婚姻财产 |
[05:36] | Isn’t that right, Kim? | 没错吧 金 |
[05:38] | Matrix, Johnnie Cochran, boobies. | 电脑模型 约翰尼·科克伦 双乳 |
[05:42] | We’re on it. | 这就开始准备 |
[05:45] | Bingum! | 宾格温 |
[05:46] | You’re pursuing a wrongful termination against onestop superstore? | 你要起诉一站式超市的误判 |
[05:50] | – Yes. – It’s a fortune 500 company. | -对 -他们是世界五百强企业 |
[05:52] | They should be a client, not the enemy. | 他们是潜在客户 我们不该与他们作对 |
[05:54] | – Luke. – At your service. | -卢克 -有事尽管吩咐 |
[05:56] | Please tell miss Bingum | 请告诉宾格温小姐 |
[05:57] | that she can’t take a case against Onestop. | 她不能状告一站式超市 |
[06:00] | Are you kidding me? Old lady needs her pension, right? | 开什么玩笑 那位老太太不能失去退休金 |
[06:03] | It’s just the kind of suit that makes Jane feel good. | 这类案子能让简自信满满 |
[06:05] | And I’m all for a feel-good jane. | 我全力支持自信满满的简 |
[06:07] | I’m managing partner, | 我是管理合伙人 |
[06:08] | and this case isn’t in the interest of the firm. | 而这件案子有损律所的利益 |
[06:11] | And I’m the firm’s creditor. | 我是律所的债权人 |
[06:13] | Fine. Take the case. You know, honestly, | 好吧 接下这个案子吧 说实话 |
[06:15] | I figured you’d just want to work with your boyfriend. | 我还以为你想接你男友那边的案子 |
[06:17] | – Owen? – Yeah. He’s in Kim’s office with his sister. | -欧文 -对 他和他姐姐在金的办公室 |
[06:20] | He has a sister? | 他还有个姐姐 |
[06:21] | Your lack of awareness inspires confidence. | 你对事实的认知不足能激发自信 |
[06:27] | Why did you just help me like that? | 你刚才为什么要帮我说话 |
[06:29] | I’m your guardian angel. | 我可是你的守护天使 |
[06:30] | I’m kind of supposed to help you with stuff like that. | 我应该在这种事上帮你一把 |
[06:32] | And? | 还有呢 |
[06:33] | And I want to see how you work — up close and personal. | 我想看看你怎么工作的 近距离亲身观察 |
[06:36] | I want to see Jane Bingum in all her glory. | 全方位感受简·宾格温的耀眼光芒 |
[06:39] | And I will be taking notes. | 我会用心观察的 |
[06:41] | Whatever. Excuse me. Hey, Owen! | 随你的便 失陪了 欧文 |
[06:44] | This must be your sister. Hello. | 这位一定是你姐姐 你好 |
[06:48] | I’ll meet you at the elevator. | 我在电梯口等你 |
[06:54] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[06:55] | Yeah, yeah. She’s just getting divorced. | 她没事 只是在准备离婚 |
[06:58] | With Kim’s help? | 找金帮忙吗 |
[07:00] | Yeah. I would have rather gone to you, but, you know… | 是的 我本想找你的 但你知道 |
[07:02] | What do I know? | 什么啊 |
[07:03] | – Jane. – Owen. | -简 -欧文 |
[07:04] | Well, it’s just Olivia kind of… | 奥莉维娅有点… |
[07:06] | Kind of what? | 有点什么 |
[07:09] | Jane, she hates your guts. | 简 她讨厌你 |
[07:11] | What?! | 什么 |
[07:22] | In the last year, three of your employees | 去年 你的三个员工 |
[07:25] | violated your no-confrontation policy | 违反了你的零冲突政策 |
[07:27] | and stopped a robbery. | 阻止了一场盗窃 |
[07:28] | My client was the only one fired. | 唯独只有我的委托人被你解雇了 |
[07:30] | Unlike those other confrontations, | 不像其他冲突 |
[07:31] | only your client got physical with the thief. | 只有你的委托人和窃贼发生了肢体冲突 |
[07:35] | You should say “Thank you.” She saved store property. | 你该说声”谢谢” 她维护了公司财产 |
[07:39] | And not to mention, | 更不用说 |
[07:40] | Rita has been a perfect employee for almost 20 years. | 丽塔近20年来都是完美员工 |
[07:43] | This is a sham accusation to rob her of her pension, | 这是为了剥夺她养老金而设的虚假指控 |
[07:46] | And you know it. | 你心知肚明 |
[07:47] | A perfect employee? | 她是完美员工 |
[07:49] | I’d like to show you a little video | 我有必要给你看一段 |
[07:50] | that a co-worker put together for our christmas party. | 由她同事制作的圣诞派对录像 |
[07:52] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[07:53] | Now, she’s supposed to greet customers with a smile. | 她应该以微笑迎客的 |
[07:55] | Instead, well, take a look for yourself. | 但她反而 你自己看吧 |
[07:58] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰了 先生 |
[08:00] | Let me save you from a bad decision. | 让我来替你省了这个错误决定吧 |
[08:02] | That microwave is so slow, | 这台微波炉性能太差了 |
[08:04] | You could start a frozen burrito on Cinco de Mayo, | 你五月节把一个冻玉米饼放进去加热 |
[08:06] | it wouldn’t be ready till Feliz Navidad. | 它到了圣诞节还是硬邦邦的 |
[08:09] | That pizza has more filler than cheese. | 这披萨的包装纸比芝士还厚 |
[08:11] | Might as well eat the box. At least it has fiber. | 你还是把包装一道吃了吧 起码能吃饱 |
[08:16] | That gum is like a 20-year-old. | 那口香糖跟年轻妹子一样 |
[08:17] | Starts off great, but doesn’t last very long. | 刚嚼时还不错 但一会就没味了 |
[08:21] | Miss Bingum, | 宾格温小姐 |
[08:22] | We don’t pay customer-service reps to bad-mouth our products. | 我们雇营业员可不是让他们来诋毁产品的 |
[08:25] | I would still like to speak to your supervisor. | 我依然要求和你上司谈话 |
[08:28] | I already brought this up with the head of H.R., | 我已经把这给人力资源部负责人过目了 |
[08:30] | And Miss Curtis will not be back at onestop. | 柯蒂斯小姐不可能再到一站式来工作 |
[08:36] | Mr. Turing, when you wake up in the morning, | 登宁先生 你早上起来 |
[08:38] | what’s the first thing you do? | 做的第一件事是什么 |
[08:39] | I go through my schedule with Eve. | 我和伊芙确认日程表 |
[08:41] | Eve — the app you created. | 伊芙 — 你发明的应用 |
[08:42] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[08:43] | And your last conversation before bed? | 那你睡觉前的最后活动是什么 |
[08:45] | Eve and I go through my to-do list, | 伊芙和我制定计划表 |
[08:46] | And then she reads to me till I fall asleep. | 然后她给我读书伴我入眠 |
[08:50] | We’re halfway through “The Odyssey.” | 我们已经读完一半的《奥德赛》了 |
[08:51] | And when you need personal advice or a joke, | 那你在寻求建议或想开个玩笑时 |
[08:54] | do you also turn to Eve? | 是不是都去找伊芙 |
[08:56] | Yeah, in some cases. Sure. | 是的 有时候 当然 |
[08:57] | Eve more so than your wife? | 你找伊芙比找你妻子还频繁吗 |
[09:00] | Eve is a problem solver. She’s a better listener. | 伊芙是解决问题的助手 她更善于倾听 |
[09:03] | She’s not gonna hound me about taking out the trash. | 她不会催我干这干那 |
[09:05] | Eve, under California law, | 伊芙 根据加州法律 |
[09:06] | what is the definition of a marital affair? | 婚外情的定义是什么 |
[09:09] | A marital affair is any physical or emotional infidelity | 婚外情是指生理或心理上的不忠行为 |
[09:12] | involving feeling or thought. | 包括了感情和思想上的 |
[09:14] | Objection. We all know | 反对 人尽皆知 |
[09:16] | you can’t have an affair with a computer app. | 一个人不可能和电脑程序有一腿 |
[09:18] | State law does not say infidelity must be with a human. | 州法律没有说不忠行为仅限于和人类 |
[09:22] | Your witness. | 你问吧 |
[09:23] | The intentions of the prenup are clear. | 婚前协议的意图很明确 |
[09:26] | Cheating means with a person. | 不忠行为指的是和某个人 |
[09:29] | To wit. | 也就是说 |
[09:30] | Mr. Turing, have you ever taken Eve out on a date? | 登宁先生 你有没有和伊芙外出约会过 |
[09:35] | No. | 没 |
[09:36] | Bought her a pair of shoes? | 给她买过鞋子吗 |
[09:37] | No. | 没 |
[09:38] | Engaged in physical intimacy? | 有没有亲密接触过 |
[09:41] | No. | 没 |
[09:42] | How do you respond to Mr. Parker’s accusations? | 你对帕克先生对你的指控有何想法 |
[09:45] | Well, that’s like saying | 这就好比你说 |
[09:46] | Tolstoy had an affair with “War and Peace.” | 托尔斯泰爱上了《战争与和平》 |
[09:48] | I’m a workaholic. I’m not a cheater. | 我是沉迷于工作 但我没出轨 |
[09:51] | There’s no case here, your honor. | 此案不成立 法官大人 |
[09:53] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[09:54] | Your honor, if we can have a bit more time. | 法官大人 请给我们一些时间 |
[09:56] | More time for what? | 要时间干什么 |
[09:58] | Supplemental discovery. | 补充调查 |
[09:59] | If you have nothing to hide, | 如果你自认清白 |
[10:00] | then you have nothing to worry about. | 那就没什么好担心的 |
[10:04] | You’ve got 36 hours for supplemental discovery. | 你有36小时的补充调查时间 |
[10:06] | After that, we’re done. | 到那时 正式结案 |
[10:16] | How did it go? Did you get Rita her job back? | 情况如何 你帮丽塔要回工作了吗 |
[10:18] | Not even close, Teri. This better be coffee. | 差得远了 泰丽 这杯最好是咖啡 |
[10:22] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[10:23] | What about Owen’s sister? | 欧文姐姐那边你查得如何 |
[10:24] | Olivia is from Connecticut. | 奥莉维娅是从康涅狄格州来的 |
[10:25] | She went to schools back east. | 她在东部上的学 |
[10:27] | You don’t travel in the same circles. | 你们不是一个圈子里的人 |
[10:28] | I can’t figure out how she knows you. | 我搞不懂她是怎么认识你的 |
[10:31] | Jane. You got a sec? | 简 你有空吗 |
[10:33] | Oh. Sure. What’s going on? | 当然 怎么了 |
[10:36] | What do you know about stacy’s business partner, Nikki Lepree? | 你对史黛西的合伙人尼基·利普瑞有了解吗 |
[10:38] | Not much. Why? | 了解不多 怎么 |
[10:41] | I was working on the pakery operating agreement. | 我给她们写派糕店经营协议的时候 |
[10:44] | Found this. | 发现了这个 |
[10:46] | Three aliases and a warrant for Nikki’s arrest in Texas. | 三个别名 德州签发的对尼基的逮捕令 |
[10:50] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[10:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:53] | And they’re both clients, but Stacy’s a friend, so… | 他们都是客户 但史黛西还是我朋友 所以 |
[10:55] | Thank you. I’ll give her a heads-up. | 谢谢你 我会提醒她的 |
[11:09] | Look, Stacy, I have something to tell you about Nikki, | 史黛西 我有关于尼基的事要和你讲 |
[11:13] | And you’re not gonna like it. | 你肯定不爱听 |
[11:15] | Hi, Jane. | 你好 简 |
[11:17] | Nikki. Where’s Stacy? | 尼基 史黛西在哪 |
[11:20] | She’s shopping. | 她购物去了 |
[11:21] | So, what are you doing here unsupervised? | 那你一个人在这干嘛 |
[11:23] | I’m experimenting with angel food and pumpkin pake. | 我在试验白蛋糕和南瓜派糕 |
[11:25] | I’d offer you a slice, | 本来想给你一块尝尝 |
[11:27] | but sounds like you have something on your mind. | 不过你好像有话要说 |
[11:30] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[11:32] | I actually do have something on my mind… | 我确实有话要说 |
[11:34] | Nikki — if that’s your real name. | 尼基 — 如果这是你真名的话 |
[11:37] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[11:39] | It means you’re a criminal. | 意思是你是个罪犯 |
[11:40] | With aliases and warrants, and don’t get too close to me. | 有化名还有逮捕令 别走那么近 |
[11:44] | I’ve got pepper spray in my purse. | 我钱包里有胡椒喷雾 |
[11:50] | Why do you hate me so much? | 你为什么那么讨厌我 |
[11:52] | I do not trust you with Stacy’s money. | 我不放心史黛西的钱 |
[11:54] | Jane, my personal life is none of your business. | 简 我的个人隐私与你完全无关 |
[11:57] | If I were you, I would butt out. | 如果我是你 我就不会多管闲事 |
[12:04] | Is that a threat? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[12:06] | You’re so smart. You tell me. | 你那么聪明 你说呢 |
[12:23] | Owen! | 欧文 |
[12:24] | How’s your evening? | 你今晚过得怎样 |
[12:25] | I am waiting to tell Stacy | 我在等史黛西回来告诉她 |
[12:26] | that she’s in business with a con artist. | 她在和骗子一起做生意 |
[12:29] | I’m also working on a case for Teri’s friend. | 手上还有一桩泰丽朋友的案子 |
[12:33] | Wrongful termination that doesn’t seem so wrong. | 不当终止合同 但理由貌似挺正当的 |
[12:36] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[12:38] | I realize seeing my sister was a surprise. | 我知道你和我姐姐的碰面有些意外 |
[12:41] | – Yeah. – And I-I just, I have to say that | -是啊 -我只想说 |
[12:43] | whatever you two went through, | 不管你们之间有什么瓜葛 |
[12:45] | it shouldn’t affect us. | 都不该影响到我们的感情 |
[12:46] | I love my sister. I do. | 我爱我姐姐 真的 |
[12:48] | But she can hold a grudge tighter | 但她记仇的本事 |
[12:49] | than a cleat knot in a hurricane. | 比谁都厉害 |
[12:51] | Oh, you know, to be honest, | 实话和你说 |
[12:52] | I-I don’t remember why we had a falling-out. | 我都不记得我们为什么吵过架 |
[12:55] | Okay. There you go. It’s in the past, right? | 好的 这都已经过去了 对吧 |
[12:57] | Oh, right. | 是的吧 |
[13:00] | Oh! You know what? I have a great idea. | 正好 我有个好主意 |
[13:02] | Why don’t you and Olivia come over for dinner tomorrow? | 你和奥莉维娅明晚一起来这用晚餐吧 |
[13:05] | Maybe we’ll turn that cleat knot into a big bow. | 也许我们能把楔结编成一个大蝴蝶结 |
[13:07] | That’s bold thinking. | 想法很大胆 |
[13:09] | – I like it. – Okay. | -不过我喜欢 -那就好 |
[13:11] | – It’s a date. – Okay. | -一言为定 -好 |
[13:12] | There’s another reason that I came by. | 对了 还有件事不得不做 |
[13:15] | Come here. | 过来 |
[13:23] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你以为你在做什么 |
[13:24] | Kissing my boyfriend. | 吻我男朋友啊 |
[13:25] | I’m talking about Nikki. | 我说的是尼基 |
[13:28] | Okay. I’m gonna go ahead and go. | 我还有点事 先走一步 |
[13:30] | See ya. | 回见 |
[13:33] | Stacy… | 史黛西… |
[13:36] | She told me about your ambush. | 她说你埋伏了她 |
[13:38] | Nikki has a record. | 尼基有犯罪记录 |
[13:40] | I’m trying to make sure that | 我得确定 |
[13:40] | you’re not getting into business with a fugitive. | 你不是在和一个逃犯做生意 |
[13:42] | You want to know why she has the warrant? | 你知道她为什么被逮捕吗 |
[13:44] | For a speeding ticket she got trying to escape | 她为了从虐待狂前男友那逃出来 |
[13:46] | an abusive ex-boyfriend. | 得到了一张超速罚单 |
[13:49] | Well — | 可是… |
[13:50] | That’s the reason for all of her aliases, too. | 她用化名也是因为这个原因 |
[13:52] | She slept with the enemy, | 她和仇敌上过床 |
[13:53] | and she’s been running ever since. | 从那以后 她就在不停地逃命 |
[13:55] | And now, thanks to you, she may have to run again. | 现在因为你 她又得继续逃亡了 |
[13:59] | I-I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:01] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:03] | Hi, Nikki. Mm-hmm. | 尼基 知道了 |
[14:05] | Yeah. Hang on. I want to talk to you in private. | 好 等下 我找个没人的地方再说 |
[14:15] | Hey. Got your message. What’s up? | 收到你短信我就来了 怎么了 |
[14:18] | I’m just trying to think outside the box. | 我只是跳脱性地想了一下 |
[14:20] | The three main reasons to void a prenup | 婚前协议无效的原因有三个 |
[14:22] | are duress, fraud, and insanity, | 行为人被胁迫 有意欺诈以及精神失常 |
[14:24] | So I need your help to find a toehold, | 所以我需要你帮我找个切入点 |
[14:26] | even if it’s just a technicality. | 就算一些技术性细则也好 |
[14:28] | Have you ever been cheated on, kim? | 金 你曾经被劈腿过吗 |
[14:30] | Show me a woman in her 30s who hasn’t been. | 30多岁的女人哪个没被劈过 |
[14:32] | How do you think you’d feel if he picked | 那要是他在电脑程序和你之间没选你 |
[14:34] | a computer program over you? | 你会怎么想 |
[14:35] | Olivia, I get it. | 奥莉维娅 我懂了 |
[14:36] | But the court doesn’t recognize — | 可法庭不会认可… |
[14:38] | I loved him so much. | 我那么地爱他 |
[14:41] | When we were first married, | 我们刚刚结婚的时候 |
[14:41] | I would literally ache when we weren’t together. | 一想到我们各自天涯 我就痛彻心扉 |
[14:44] | And the way that he looked at me. | 他看我的那种深情眼神 |
[14:46] | And now that’s how he looks at Eve. | 如今全都给了伊芙 |
[14:50] | I’m sorry. I really am. | 抱歉 真的很抱歉 |
[14:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:55] | Now, in the hope of leaving no stone unturned, | 希望能不遗余力得偿所愿吧 |
[14:58] | can we talk about — | 我们能说说… |
[14:59] | duress, fraud, and insanity. | 行为人被胁迫 有意欺诈以及精神失常 |
[15:01] | – So, did you feel bullied or ambushed into signing your prenup? – No. | -签署婚前协议你有被威胁或是埋伏吗 -没有 |
[15:05] | – Intoxicated when signing? – No. | -签署时你喝醉了吗 -没有 |
[15:07] | – Pregnant or sexually deprived? – God. Why would that matter? | -怀孕或是性生活匮乏吗 -老天 这很重要吗 |
[15:09] | Well, it could indicate duress. | 它能暗示你是否被胁迫 |
[15:11] | Well, when I signed, I was neither preggers nor deprived. | 我签署时 既没怀孕 性生活也不匮乏 |
[15:14] | My, how things change. | 天 事情都变了 |
[15:16] | Are you pregnant now? | 你现在怀孕了吗 |
[15:18] | No, I’m deprived, kim. | 没有 我如今性生活匮乏 金 |
[15:19] | I haven’t had sex in over a year. | 我有一年多没有性生活了 |
[15:21] | Oh, god. | 天呐 |
[15:21] | I can’t even remember the last time he touched me. | 我都记不清上次他碰我是什么时候了 |
[15:23] | Between you and me, I’m going a little bit crazy. | 偷偷告诉你 我都快抓狂了 |
[15:26] | I even learned how to knit. | 我甚至还去学了打毛线 |
[15:27] | First a scarf and then a cozy for my… | 开始是条围巾 然后是茶壶罩打算给我… |
[15:31] | Sorry. Too much information. | 抱歉 话匣子一开就停不住 |
[15:32] | No, Olivia. You just gave me an idea. | 不 奥莉维娅 你刚启发了我 |
[15:35] | And it’s definitely outside the box. | 这次无疑是跳脱至极 |
[15:51] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[15:54] | And me. | 还有我 |
[15:56] | 3:00 a.M. | 现在可是凌晨三点 |
[15:58] | – Oh, did we wake you? – Yeah. | -吵醒你了吗 -没错 |
[16:00] | I have something to show you. | 我要给你看些东西 |
[16:05] | Okay, what am I looking at? | 好吧 这都是些什么呢 |
[16:06] | “Employee of the year” medallions. | “年度最佳员工”奖章 |
[16:09] | ’94, ’99, ’05, ’08. | 94年 99年 05年 还有08年 |
[16:12] | Congratulations. Can we talk about this later? | 那真是恭喜了 我们稍后再谈这个行吗 |
[16:14] | Rita heard about your setback. | 丽塔听说你失败了 |
[16:16] | Jane, you can’t let them fire me. | 简 你不能让他们把我开除 |
[16:19] | They have cause, Rita. | 丽塔 他们有理由这么做 |
[16:21] | I have an impeccable record — four gold medallions! | 我的工作无可挑剔 有四块奖章呢 |
[16:25] | You had an impeccable record for 19 years. | 19年来 你的工作确实无可挑剔 |
[16:28] | In fact, you were described as “Sweet and soft-spoken,” | 事实上 还被公认为”贴心且说话柔和” |
[16:33] | until 11 months ago when you refused to let | 直到11个月前 |
[16:35] | a customer buy stretch pants, which I totally agree with. | 你阻止一名顾客买弹力裤 |
[16:38] | The elastic was crap! | 那裤子根本就是垃圾 |
[16:39] | And since then, 28 other infractions. | 从那以后 还有28件违规行为 |
[16:43] | I finally started to speak my mind. | 我总算学会心直口快而已 |
[16:45] | Rita, you need to tell Jane what’s really going on. | 丽塔 你得跟简说实话 |
[16:52] | I was in a car accident. | 我出过一场车祸 |
[16:54] | My sister, Lauren, she was driving when we were cut off. | 出事的时候 我姐姐劳伦在开车 |
[16:59] | She tried to stop, but there wasn’t enough time. | 她试图让车停下来 可时间根本不够 |
[17:02] | The doctors resuscitated me, but not her. | 医生救活了我 而她却死了 |
[17:05] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:06] | Lauren was my hero. | 劳伦是我的英雄 |
[17:08] | She was strong and straightforward. | 她坚强 正直 坦率 |
[17:11] | I missed her so much. | 我真的很想她 |
[17:13] | But in my grief, I found her strength. | 我化悲痛为力量 |
[17:17] | So, as a customer-service representative, | 所以 作为一名客户服务代表 |
[17:21] | In order to honor her, I had to always tell the truth, | 为了纪念她 我不得不说出真相 |
[17:25] | even if the big boss-man didn’t like it. | 就算大老板不喜欢也无所谓 |
[17:28] | So, when you were warning customers about the product, | 你警告顾客们那些商品有质量问题 |
[17:31] | everything you said was truthful? | 都是真的吗 |
[17:33] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[17:34] | I may have added my own colorful flair, | 我说得可能有点天花乱坠 |
[17:37] | But I am not a liar. | 不过绝对没说谎 |
[17:43] | I know that look. What are you thinking? | 我懂你那种神情 你又想什么呢 |
[17:45] | I am thinking none of us is going back to bed tonight. | 我想我们今晚没人能睡了 |
[17:54] | Your honor, we wish to drop our suit | 法官大人 我方撤销原有诉讼 |
[17:56] | and re-file for the unlawful firing of a whistle-blower. | 改为指控其非法解雇检举人 |
[17:59] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[18:00] | For your client to achieve whistle-blower status, | 你的委托人要想走检举人保护制度 |
[18:03] | she needs to have alerted company offices | 需要她就不法行为 |
[18:05] | or a government entity of the wrongdoing. | 向公司或政府部门做出过警告 |
[18:08] | My client may not be sufficiently sophisticated | 我的委托人也许并不能完全熟悉并遵循 |
[18:11] | to follow the letter of California Labor Code 1102, | 加州劳动法第110条的字面意义 |
[18:14] | But she honored its spirit | 但她领会其宗旨 |
[18:15] | by preventing One Stop from pushing substandard products. | 制止一站式售卖不合格产品 |
[18:18] | – This is ridiculous. – You’re ridiculous! | -太荒谬了 -你才荒谬 |
[18:20] | Enough! | 够了 |
[18:23] | Miss Bingum, if you can prove that your client | 宾格温小姐 如果你能证明你的委托人 |
[18:25] | acted in the spirit of the Federal False Claims Act, | 是按照虚假申报法的宗旨办事的话 |
[18:31] | I’m open to hearing it. | 我会接受你的提议 |
[18:32] | But you had better have solid evidence. | 但你最好有确凿证据 |
[18:38] | – Nice job in there. – Thank you. | -做得不错 -多谢夸奖 |
[18:40] | Rita, I’ll need you to make a list | 丽塔 我需要你列张 |
[18:42] | of all of the products you griped about. | 所有你抱怨过的商品名单 |
[18:43] | Teri can help you with that. | 泰丽会协助你 |
[18:45] | I’m all over it. Those suckers are going down! | 我会卯足劲 那群混蛋这下可完了 |
[18:47] | You people are really something. | 你们还真有一手 |
[18:49] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[18:50] | Your case has no merit. | 你们的诉讼毫无依据 |
[18:51] | After it’s dismissed, i’m pushing for sanctions against your firm. | 等诉讼驳回后 我会积极争取制裁你们律师所 |
[18:56] | Rita! | 丽塔 |
[18:58] | It’s that lack of control that got you fired in the first place. | 缺乏控制正是你丢掉工作的首要原因 |
[19:02] | Rita. | 丽塔 |
[19:04] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:05] | Sometimes I-I can’t control her. | 有时候我控制不了她 |
[19:07] | Control who? | 控制谁 |
[19:09] | Lauren. | 劳伦 |
[19:10] | Your sister? | 你姐姐 |
[19:12] | You remember when I told you | 你记不记得我告诉过你 |
[19:14] | that I changed my behavior to honor Lauren? | 为了纪念劳伦 我改变了我的行为习惯 |
[19:17] | – Yeah. – Well, there’s more to it than that. | -是的 -其实远不止那些 |
[19:20] | Ever since the accident — I-I know this is gonna sound crazy, | 自从车祸后 我知道这听起来很荒诞 |
[19:25] | but Lauren’s soul is right here. | 但劳伦的灵魂就在这里 |
[19:30] | What do you mean, right there? | 在那里 是什么意思 |
[19:32] | Lauren’s spirit is inside of me. | 劳伦的灵魂在我体内 |
[19:38] | After the accident, I died. | 车祸之后 我死了 |
[19:41] | That’s when Lauren’s spirit literally entered my body. | 那时劳伦的灵魂就进入了我的身体 |
[19:48] | I am Lauren. | 我就是劳伦 |
[19:57] | You heard what she said. | 你听见她说什么没 |
[19:59] | That her sister is in her body!- | 她姐姐在她体内 |
[20:02] | That’s why you wanted me to take this case, isn’t it? | 所以你才要我接手这个案子是不是 |
[20:05] | To meet someone like me, a kindred spirit. | 遇见和我相像的人 志趣相投 |
[20:07] | Jane. | 简 |
[20:09] | Listen — I wanted you to take this case | 听着 我要你接手这个案子 |
[20:11] | so I could see you in action. | 这样我就可以看你的表现了 |
[20:12] | What are the odds of something like this just happening to me? | 还有什么比发生在我身上的事更奇怪的呢 |
[20:16] | You know, ever since my accident, | 自从出了那场事故 |
[20:17] | I’ve been walking around, | 我一直都觉得 |
[20:18] | feeling like I was the only person in the world like me, | 全世界只有我一个人如此 |
[20:21] | Like I was the — the — the last of the dodos. | 就像最后一只渡渡鸟[已灭绝] |
[20:24] | And then, I meet another dodo. | 可我又遇见了另一只渡渡鸟 |
[20:26] | Did you know the dodo bird was too lazy to have sex, | 你不知道渡渡鸟懒到不想交配 |
[20:28] | which is why it’s extinct? | 所以才灭绝的吗 |
[20:29] | That’s not true. | 谬论 |
[20:30] | The point is, Rita’s an old lady. | 关键是丽塔年纪大了 |
[20:32] | She’s probably confused, maybe even a little senile. | 她可能有点头脑不清 甚至有轻度的老年痴呆 |
[20:35] | What if she’s not? | 如果她很清醒呢 |
[20:36] | It happened to me, it could happen to her. | 发生在我身上的一样可以发生在她身上 |
[20:39] | I should say something. | 我想到了 |
[20:41] | Yeah, because maybe she thinks that she’s the only one. | 也许她以为自己是唯一一只渡渡鸟呢 |
[20:43] | Right now, you should just stay focused on the case. | 现在 你得把注意力放在案情上 |
[20:45] | Yeah. | 好 |
[20:48] | And maybe have Teri check Rita’s medical records | 也许你应该让泰丽查一下丽塔的医疗记录 |
[20:50] | to verify her competency. | 鉴定一下她的行为能力 |
[20:53] | Huh? Yes. Sure. | 好 没问题 |
[20:58] | Olivia and Bryan haven’t had sex in almost a year. | 奥莉维娅和布莱恩已经将近一年没有行房事了 |
[21:01] | And this excites you because? | 你为什么对这点感兴趣 |
[21:03] | I don’t care how devoted to his work the guy is. | 我不管他对工作有多么上心 |
[21:05] | He’s only 35 years old. He’s got needs. | 他才35岁 他应该有生理需求 |
[21:08] | And this helps us because? | 这一点对我们有何帮助 |
[21:10] | It all comes down to Freud. | 这一切都可以归结于弗洛伊德 |
[21:13] | Eve, would you read me back that Sigmund Freud quote? | 伊芙 能给我念一下西格蒙德·弗洛伊德的引语吗 |
[21:16] | Of course, Kim. | 当然 金 |
[21:18] | The quote is, “Work and love — that is all there is.” | “工作和爱情 这就是全部” |
[21:21] | According to Freud, | 根据弗洛伊德所说 |
[21:22] | when someone loses themselves in their work, | 如果有人非常拼命工作 |
[21:24] | it’s for one of two reasons — | 只有两个原因 |
[21:25] | either they’re trying to impress someone at work | 不是想在工作中给别人留下好印象 |
[21:28] | Or they’re trying to impress someone with work. | 就是想以自己的工作给别人留下好印象 |
[21:30] | So you’re thinking | 所以你觉得 |
[21:31] | if Bryan’s losing himself with his Eve app, | 布莱恩对伊芙程序过分痴迷 |
[21:33] | it’s because there may actually be another woman out there — | 是因为他心里真的有另一个女人 |
[21:37] | A real woman. | 一个实体的女人 |
[21:38] | No offense, Eve. | 无意冒犯 伊芙 |
[21:40] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[21:41] | Now, I reviewed the company’s records and specs. | 我重新看了一遍公司记录和产品说明书 |
[21:43] | Eve is computer-generated, but her looks, | 伊芙是电脑生成的 可她的长相 |
[21:46] | her mannerisms, expressions are all re-targeted motions, | 言谈举止都是通过对一个实体女性的表演捕捉 |
[21:50] | driven by the performance-capture | 重新定向组合而成的 |
[21:52] | of a real woman selected by Bryan. | 而这个女人是布莱恩选的 |
[21:58] | And I’m gonna find that woman. | 我要找到这个女人 |
[22:02] | Rita sent me a list of her maligned products, | 丽塔给我列了一张受她诽谤的产品清单 |
[22:05] | so I went out and bought every last one. | 所以我出去把它们都买了回来 |
[22:08] | I’m scared to ask — how did you pay for all this? | 冒昧问一句 哪来的钱呀 |
[22:11] | Luke gave me his credit card. | 卢克把他的信用卡给了我 |
[22:13] | Good old Luke. | 卢克人真不错哈 |
[22:17] | Ooh, and don’t tell him — | 对了 别跟他说 |
[22:17] | I also used it to buy new throw pillows for your office. | 我还用他的卡给你的办公室刷了三个抱枕 |
[22:20] | Yours smelled like potpourri. | 你的枕头闻起来有花香 |
[22:21] | – You know what else we should get? – Focus. | -你知道我们还应该弄点什么吗 -专心点 |
[22:23] | Okay. So, out of 22 items, from popcorn to pencil sharpeners, | 在这22件商品中 从爆米花到卷笔刀 |
[22:27] | they all have two things in common — | 它们都有两点共同之处 |
[22:28] | They are sold by One Stop, and they are branded by One Stop. | 它们的牌子都是一站式 且由一站式出售 |
[22:32] | And every item has the same promise on the label — | 每个商品的标签上都有同一句承诺 |
[22:35] | “As good as the leading national brand.” | “可与全国知名品牌媲美” |
[22:38] | – And are they? – You tell me. | -真的吗 -你来验证 |
[22:48] | Good? | 不错吗 |
[22:50] | Mmm. We have a case. | 我们有戏唱了 |
[22:52] | Of the two cookies at my table, | 我桌上的有两种饼干 |
[22:54] | one is the leading national brand, | 一个是全国知名品牌 |
[22:56] | and the other is t less-expensive, in-store brand, | 一个是稍便宜的商店自有品牌 |
[22:59] | which my client disparaged as, I quote, “Blech!” | 也就是我的委托人所诋毁商品 “呸” |
[23:03] | Now, according to One Stop’s packaging, | 根据一站式包装上的内容 |
[23:06] | your cookies are “As good as the leading national brand.” | 你们的饼干”可与全国知名品牌媲美” |
[23:11] | So as V.P. Of One Stop in-store products, | 作为一站式自有品牌商品公司的副总裁 |
[23:15] | would you say that that’s accurate? | 你觉得这句话描述的准确吗 |
[23:17] | We stand by the claim. | 我们可以向消费者担保 |
[23:19] | Okay, I have an e-mail here from the company | 我这有一封邮件 |
[23:22] | that One Stop hires to make their cookies. | 来自一站式饼干的加工商 |
[23:25] | According to the head of operations, | 据这家公司的营运总监称 |
[23:28] | for each of the past five years, | 在过去的五年里 |
[23:30] | You have insisted that they lower production costs by 4%. | 你每年都会要求他们将生产成本降低百分之四 |
[23:34] | Our One Stop-branded suppliers are encouraged to be efficient. | 我们一站式品牌鼓励供货商提高生产效率 |
[23:37] | And are you aware that over the past five years, | 你有没有发现 在过去的五年里 |
[23:40] | the number of chocolate chips in your cookies | 你们饼干中巧克力豆的数量 |
[23:42] | has decreased by 50%? | 减少了百分之五十呢 |
[23:44] | No. | 没发现 |
[23:45] | Would you still say that your cookie | 那你现在还认为你们的饼干 |
[23:47] | is as good as the leading national brand? | 可与全国知名品牌媲美吗 |
[23:49] | It’s a matter of opinion. | 这要因人而异 |
[23:51] | Okay. Well, great. | 好吧 那行 |
[23:53] | Then let’s get the only opinion that matters, right? | 那我们来了解一下最重要的观点吧 |
[23:55] | Your honor? | 法官大人 |
[23:56] | Objection. You can’t give the Judge milk and cookies. | 反对 你不能让法官品尝牛奶和饼干 |
[24:00] | I’ll allow it. I power-walked this morning. | 我允许了 我今早健步走消耗大 |
[24:03] | And you look amazing, by the way. | 您看起来光彩照人 |
[24:05] | First, the leading national brand. | 首先 请品尝全国知名品牌 |
[24:14] | Delicious. | 味道不错 |
[24:15] | And chocolaty. | 巧克力豆很多 |
[24:16] | And now the One Stop superstore brand. | 然后是一站式自有品牌的 |
[24:25] | I gather from your expression, | 从您的表情里我看出来了 |
[24:26] | your honor prefers the national brand. | 法官大人更喜欢全国知名品牌的 |
[24:29] | This one isn’t worth the calories. | 这饼干我想扔了 |
[24:32] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[24:33] | We contend that the misleading label | 我方认为这个有误导性的标签 |
[24:36] | qualifies as fraud under the FFCA, | 根据概念分析理论可以被认定为欺诈 |
[24:38] | and theretofore supports my client’s position | 以此可以证明我的委托人 |
[24:41] | as a whistle-blower. | 是揭发者 |
[24:44] | Mr. Worthington, is the One Stop brand | 沃辛顿先生 请问一站式商品 |
[24:47] | less expensive than the leading brand? | 是否比全国知名品牌卖得便宜 |
[24:49] | – By 30%. – Now, would you agree | -便宜百分之三十 -虽然包装上夸大其词 |
[24:51] | that while there may be puffery on the package, | 但顾客知道自己买的是廉价的 |
[24:53] | customers know what they’re getting | 商店自有品牌商品 |
[24:55] | with a less-expensive, store-branded product? | 您同意这种说法吗 |
[24:57] | Absolutely. | 完全同意 |
[25:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:10] | Sorry I’m late. My case suffered a setback. | 不好意思我回来晚了 案子受了点挫折 |
[25:13] | I didn’t have time to shop, | 我没时间去买东西 |
[25:15] | but I did order delivery, so — those look good. | 但我叫了外卖 看起来不错 |
[25:18] | – Prosciutto and fig. – Oh. Yes. | -意大利熏火腿配无花果 -真不错 |
[25:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:22] | Don’t worry. She’s coming with an open mind. | 别担心 她是以开放的心态来的 |
[25:28] | Hi, Olivia! Thank you for coming. | 你好 奥莉维娅 谢谢你能来 |
[25:31] | He made me. | 他叫我来的 |
[25:33] | You have a beautiful home. | 你家挺漂亮的 |
[25:40] | Wow, it sure does look like me. | 它确实长得跟我很像 |
[25:42] | Bryan says I’m going to be famous. | 布莱恩说我会出名的 |
[25:44] | Well, Suzie, we really appreciate you meeting with us. | 苏西 非常感谢你能来和我们见面 |
[25:47] | Sure. You said it was about Bryan. | 不客气 你说这事有关布莱恩 |
[25:48] | I’d do anything for that guy. | 我愿意为他做任何事 |
[25:50] | We do have a couple questions | 我们的确想就你们的关系 |
[25:52] | about your relationship with bryan. | 问几个问题 |
[25:54] | Relationship? | 我们的关系 |
[25:55] | How did you two meet? | 你们怎么认识的 |
[25:56] | Aww. It was sweet. | 那过程真的很甜蜜 |
[25:59] | I was at yoga, | 我当时在练瑜伽 |
[26:00] | and I see this guy pushing his face against the window. | 我看到一个男孩把脸紧紧地贴在窗户上 |
[26:02] | And at first, I think, “Pervert.” | 我当时第个一想法是 “猥琐男” |
[26:04] | But then, in the parking lot, he asked if I was a model. | 但后来在停车场 他问我是不是个模特 |
[26:07] | Next thing I know, I was Eve. | 结果后来我就成了伊芙 |
[26:10] | So, you and Bryan have spent a lot of time together? | 你和布莱恩经常在一起吗 |
[26:13] | Just the photo shoot. | 就拍了些照片而已 |
[26:15] | They hooked me up to this computer. | 他们居然把我的图像输入了电脑 |
[26:16] | It was totally cool. | 真是帅呆了 |
[26:19] | Suzie, I need to ask, has Bryan ever made a move on you? | 苏西 布莱恩对你有没有更进一步的举动 |
[26:23] | God, no. I like them big and stupid. | 当然没有 我喜欢他们笨笨呆呆的样子 |
[26:27] | It’s an “opposites attract” thing. | 就是”异性相吸” |
[26:30] | Okay, well, thank you very much for this. | 好了 非常感谢你的配合 |
[26:32] | Um, Suzie, what’s your birthday? | 苏西 你生日是几号 |
[26:35] | December 17th. Why? | 十二月十七日 怎么了 |
[26:37] | Eve, what’s your birthday? | 伊芙 你生日是几号 |
[26:39] | My birthday is June 12th, Kim. | 我的生日是六月十二日 金 |
[26:41] | And, Suzie, where are you from? | 苏西 你家在哪儿 |
[26:43] | Van nuys. | 范奈司 |
[26:44] | Eve, where are you from? | 伊芙 你家在哪儿 |
[26:45] | I am from Connecticut, Kim. | 康乃迪克州 金 |
[26:47] | Of course. | 我想就是那儿 |
[26:48] | Of course what? | 为什么 |
[26:49] | This is our file on Olivia French. | 这是奥莉维娅·弗兰奇的档案 |
[26:51] | So far, two totally random stats | 到目前为止 这两个随机问题的答案 |
[26:53] | are coming up matching Olivia and not Suzie. | 都跟奥莉维娅匹配而不是苏西 |
[26:56] | Olivia’s highest level of schooling | 奥莉维娅的最高学历 |
[26:58] | is a master’s in education. | 是教育学硕士 |
[27:00] | Suzie, did you go to college? | 你上过大学没有 苏西 |
[27:02] | Does beauty school count? | 美容学校算吗 |
[27:03] | Eve, what’s your highest level of schooling? | 你的最高学历是什么 伊芙 |
[27:06] | A master’s in education, Kim. | 教育学硕士 金 |
[27:08] | So Bryan based Eve on Olivia. | 这么说布莱恩根据奥莉维娅创造了伊芙 |
[27:10] | All that proves is that | 这些只能证明 |
[27:11] | Bryan was having an affair with his own wife. | 布莱恩的外遇对象就是他自己的妻子 |
[27:14] | No, that’s where you’re wrong. | 这你可就错了 |
[27:24] | So, how’s your case going, Olivia? | 奥莉维娅 你的案子怎么样了 |
[27:27] | The lawyers don’t seem optimistic. | 律师貌似不怎么乐观 |
[27:37] | I’ll take “Awkward dinner parties” for 200, Alex. | 艾利克斯 我选200美元的”尴尬晚宴”类 |
[27:39] | Jane. | 简 |
[27:40] | – Well, I’m just saying. – You watch “Jeopardy!”? | -开个玩笑嘛 -你看《危险边缘》 |
[27:43] | Yes. I guess I do. | 是啊 |
[27:45] | Did you know that Alex Trebek’s first job was as a garbageman, | 你知道艾利克斯·特贝克第一份工作是清洁工吗 |
[27:48] | And that his childhood dream was to be a news anchor? | 他的童年梦想是成为新闻主播 |
[27:50] | Oh, my god. You’re a “Trebek-a-phile.” Me, too. | 天呐 你是特贝克粉 我也是 |
[27:53] | Do you remember when Alex asked for | 你还记得艾利克斯问的那个问题吗 |
[27:55] | “A long-handled gardening tool | 一种长柄园艺工具 |
[27:56] | that also means ‘an immoral pleasure seeker'”? | 又有邪恶的享乐主义者之意 |
[27:58] | What is a hoe? | 是锄头吗 |
[27:58] | 该节目主持人以提示的方式问问题 参赛者以提问的方式作出回答 锄头耙子是2004年节目的经典段子之一 | |
[27:59] | – What is a rake? – What is a rake? | 是耙子吗[又有浪子之意] |
[28:00] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:01] | – Do you get it? – A rake. | -懂了吗 -是耙子 |
[28:11] | That was my roommate. Excuse me. | 那是我室友 失陪一下 |
[28:14] | Stacy! | 史黛西 |
[28:15] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[28:18] | I lost Everything! | 我什么都没了 |
[28:21] | Oh, wait. Breathe, sweetie. | 等等 深呼吸 亲爱的 |
[28:24] | Tell me what happened. | 慢慢跟我说 |
[28:25] | Nikki called this morning. | 尼基早上打给我 |
[28:27] | She found a cute storefront on La Cienaga, | 说她在拉辛尼伦吉大道上找到一家小店 |
[28:29] | And she needed my money immediately. | 马上就需要钱 |
[28:31] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[28:32] | I gave her a cashier’s check. | 我把现金支票给她了 |
[28:34] | You did? | 你给了 |
[28:35] | And then she wanted to meet tonight, | 说好今晚见的 |
[28:36] | But the address she gave me — it doesn’t exist. | 但她给我的那个地址 根本就没这个地儿 |
[28:38] | Well, maybe you wrote it down wrong. | 可能是你写错了 |
[28:40] | I triple-checked. | 我再三检查过了 |
[28:42] | So then I called Nikki, | 然后我给尼基打电话 |
[28:43] | But her bedazzled phone has been disconnected. | 她手机无法接通了 |
[28:45] | So I tried to cancel the cashier’s check. | 所以我想撤销现金支票 |
[28:48] | and guess what the bank told me. | 知道银行跟我说什么吗 |
[28:50] | That Nikki had already cashed it. | 尼基已经兑现了 |
[28:52] | Jane, I am so sorry I didn’t listen to you. | 简 我真该听你的劝 |
[28:55] | I mean, you are the smart one. | 你才是聪明的那个啊 |
[28:58] | When I was an actor, | 我当演员的时候 |
[29:00] | I listed roller-skating, French accents, | 我简历上列的技能是滑旱冰 |
[29:03] | and smiling as skills on my head shot. | 会法国腔 还有微笑 |
[29:06] | But I can’t roller-skate, | 可我根本不会滑冰 |
[29:09] | And I have never been to Canada, | 我也从没去过加拿大 |
[29:10] | And sometimes I can’t even smile. | 有时候我连笑都笑不好 |
[29:13] | Hey. Listen to me. Okay? | 听我说 |
[29:17] | The pakery was a good idea. | 派糕房是个好主意 |
[29:19] | But you wouldn’t invest! | 但你都不愿意投资 |
[29:20] | Because you were in such a rush. | 因为你太着急了 |
[29:23] | I just wanted to take it slowly, | 我想让你慢慢来 |
[29:25] | But I always thought it had potential. | 但我一直觉得这个生意很有潜力 |
[29:31] | You did? | 真的吗 |
[29:32] | yeah. | 真的 |
[29:34] | I’m sorry I trusted that scam artist over you. | 我很抱歉相信那个骗子 却没听你的话 |
[29:39] | Oh, my god! | 天呐 |
[29:40] | Olivia? | 奥莉维娅 |
[29:44] | Olivia? | 奥莉维娅 |
[29:45] | Indian food? Tikka masala? Okra? | 印度菜 烧鸡柳 秋葵 |
[29:48] | Is this some sort of joke to you, Jane? | 简 你是把我当傻子耍吗 |
[29:50] | No. | 没有 |
[29:51] | I want nothing to do with this woman, Owen. | 欧文 我不想跟她有任何关系 |
[29:53] | And you shouldn’t, either. | 你也不应该和她有任何关系 |
[29:55] | Olivia! | 奥莉维娅 |
[30:08] | Um, you forgot your purse. | 你钱包落下了 |
[30:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:13] | Olivia, I don’t know why you’re mad at me. | 奥莉维娅 我不知道你为什么生我气 |
[30:15] | A-are you allergic to curry? | 你是对咖喱过敏吗 |
[30:17] | That’s not funny. | 这话一点不好笑 |
[30:18] | I know. That’s not funny. | 我知道 不好笑 |
[30:21] | Listen, I don’t like to tell people this, | 我一般不爱跟人说这件事 |
[30:24] | But I have blank spots in my past. | 不过我遗失了部分记忆 |
[30:26] | And sometimes, I can’t remember things. | 有时候 我想不起来过去的事 |
[30:28] | And I’m sorry, but I don’t remember. | 我很抱歉 但我真的不记得了 |
[30:36] | Senior year of high school, | 高三的时候 |
[30:37] | Model U.N., Washington, D.C. | 模拟联合国 华盛顿特区 |
[30:41] | I was France, Billy was Great Britain, | 我代表法国 比利代表英国 |
[30:44] | And you were… | 你代表 |
[30:45] | India? | 印度吗 |
[30:46] | Yes. And you crushed his heart. | 没错 你狠狠伤了他的心 |
[30:48] | Billy’s heart? | 比利吗 |
[30:49] | He was my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[30:51] | After he met you, | 他遇见你之后 |
[30:52] | all he could talk about was little miss india, | 总是在说你这个印度小姐的事儿 |
[30:53] | how you spent the summer at the lake, | 你在湖边过夏天的事 |
[30:55] | how you made him picnics in the park. | 你和他在公园野餐的事 |
[30:56] | After you met his parents, | 你见过他父母之后 |
[30:58] | He was going to transfer schools to be near you. | 为了离你近一点 他都打算转学了 |
[31:00] | – And then what did you do? – What did I do? | -然后你干了什么 -我干了什么 |
[31:03] | Freshman year of college, | 大学一年级的时候 |
[31:04] | He decided to surprise you for your birthday, | 他想给你个生日惊喜 |
[31:06] | But when he pushed the door open and yelled, “Surprise,” | 他推开门大喊惊喜的时候 |
[31:09] | You were with your R.A. | 你正和常驻顾问在一起 |
[31:12] | That doesn’t seem that bad. | 这也没那么糟吧 |
[31:13] | – In bed! – Oh, god. | -在床上 -天呐 |
[31:15] | He spent the whole next year on my couch, sobbing. | 他一整年都在我沙发上哭过来的 |
[31:17] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:19] | I-I-I’ll call billy right now and apologize. | 我现在就打给他 正式道歉 |
[31:22] | Do you have his number? | 你有他的号吗 |
[31:23] | He’s a diplomat. In Pakistan. | 他是外交官 在巴基斯坦 |
[31:27] | I promise, if I could turn back time, | 我保证 如果可以回到过去 |
[31:30] | I would handle everything differently. | 我不会那么做的 |
[31:33] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[31:34] | Why should I believe you? | 我凭什么相信你 |
[31:34] | Because I love your brother, and I wouldn’t lie to you. | 因为我爱你弟弟 我不会对你撒谎的 |
[31:38] | I’d really like to be friends. | 我真的很想和你做朋友 |
[31:42] | For what it’s worth… | 不论如何 |
[31:46] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[31:49] | And I love that you said it first. | 我还爱是你先表白这一点 |
[31:53] | All right, that’s settled. | 好吧 都说清楚了 |
[31:55] | I’ll take “Let’s get back to dinner” For $300. | 我选300美元的”回去吃晚餐”类 |
[31:59] | Oh. Uh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[32:02] | Teri. What’s up? | 泰丽 什么事 |
[32:03] | Jane. | 简 |
[32:06] | Get your ass to the office now. | 现在马上来办公室 |
[32:07] | 7:00, and I’m about to have dinner. | 都七点了 我马上要吃晚饭了 |
[32:09] | It’s about our case. | 是关于案子的 |
[32:11] | You’re not gonna believe what I found. | 你肯定不会相信我找着了什么 |
[32:12] | Fine. But just for the record, you’re not the boss of me! | 好吧 顺便说一下 你不是我的老板 |
[32:17] | I’m sorry. I’ve got to get back to the office. It’s important. | 抱歉 我得回办公室 有很重要的事 |
[32:19] | No. No, no, no. We understand. | 没关系 我们理解 |
[32:21] | We’ll talk later. Maybe over lunch? | 回头再聊 吃午饭聊怎么样 |
[32:25] | Yeah. Okay. | 当然好 |
[32:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[32:28] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[32:35] | All right. | 好了 |
[32:37] | You know how Rita’s sister was killed in that accident? | 你知道丽塔的姐姐死于那场事故吧 |
[32:39] | Yes. | 知道 |
[32:40] | Well, I was looking over the accident report, and guess what. | 我在看事故报告 |
[32:43] | They were both onestop employees | 双方都是一站式的员工 |
[32:45] | on company time in a onestop car. | 工作时间坐公司车出的事故 |
[32:48] | So what are you thinking — workman’s comp? | 你是想索要工伤赔偿金吗 |
[32:50] | No, Jane. | 不是 |
[32:51] | According to the logs, the day before the accident, | 根据记录 事故前一天 |
[32:54] | That car was serviced at a onestop auto-and-tire | 那辆车在一站式汽修中心 |
[32:57] | with onestop brakes. | 换了一站式的刹车 |
[33:03] | “As good as the leading national brand.” | “可与全国知名品牌媲美” |
[33:08] | Teri, we need a safety report from onestop’s auto fleet. | 泰丽 我们需要一站式汽车队的安全报告 |
[33:11] | You mean something like this? | 是说这个吗 |
[33:15] | This is onestop’s safety record | 这是一站式汽车队 |
[33:16] | for their entire auto fleet from last year. | 去年的安全报告 |
[33:19] | And based on this report, | 根据这一报告 |
[33:20] | We are re-re-filing for wrongful death. | 我们将诉因改成不当致人死亡 |
[33:23] | Your client may be old, but she’s still alive, miss Bingum. | 你的委托人是老了没错 不过还没死呢 |
[33:26] | Rita Curtis is suing | 丽塔·柯蒂斯是以 |
[33:27] | on behalf of her deceased sister, Lauren Curtis. | 她去世的姐姐劳伦·柯蒂斯的名义起诉 |
[33:31] | Now, I know that this may be unorthodox, your honor, | 法官大人 我知道这有点非传统 |
[33:33] | but I can prove it with a single witness. | 不过我只需要一位证人就能证明诉因 |
[33:40] | Your honor, the testimony’s not being offered | 法官大人 我方提交的证词不是要证明 |
[33:42] | for the truth of the matter asserted, | 宣称事项的真实性 |
[33:44] | but to prove that Olivia and Eve’s data points match up. | 而是证明奥莉维娅和伊芙的数据设定相符 |
[33:47] | Well, we’ll stipulate to that. So what? | 我们是这么规定的 那又怎样 |
[33:49] | So Bryan used Olivia’s likeness | 所以布莱恩未经奥莉维娅的同意 |
[33:51] | without her permission. | 就借用了她的特征 |
[33:52] | Eve looks nothing like your client. | 伊芙和你的客户长相全然不同 |
[33:53] | She doesn’t have to. Eve, | 这无关紧要 伊芙 |
[33:54] | what’s the holding in White vs. Samsung? | 说说怀特和三星那件事 |
[33:56] | Game-show hostess Vanna White was awarded over $400,000 | 游戏秀的主持人维纳·怀特 |
[34:01] | due to a television commercial | 因电视广告获得40万美金的报酬 |
[34:02] | where Samsung used not her likeness, | 三星并没请她出演广告 |
[34:04] | but a robot in a blond wig | 而用一个带着金色假发的机器人代替 |
[34:06] | turning letters in the same manner as Miss White. | 模仿怀特小姐的行为动作 |
[34:09] | In other words, Vanna’s essence is in the robot | 换言之 那个机器人的本体实则就是维纳 |
[34:12] | In the same way that Olivia’s essence is in Eve. | 就像伊芙的本体其实是奥莉维娅一样 |
[34:14] | It’s not a problem. | 这很好解决 |
[34:15] | I’ll just change my data points in Eve. | 我只要修改伊芙的数据设定就好了 |
[34:17] | Oh, you mean the Eve app | 你的伊芙程序已经 |
[34:18] | that’s about to be funded by Buchman Venture Capital? | 获得巴克曼风险投资公司的赞助了 对吗 |
[34:21] | Because if you change the software, | 如果你现在修改程序的话 |
[34:22] | You’ll need to file a new prospectus. | 你需要重新做一封说明书 |
[34:24] | Which means another road show, and that’s time and money, | 还得再次准备介绍会 浪费大把时间和金钱 |
[34:27] | which is a problem, given your competitors are closing in. | 这可是个大麻烦 你的竞争者可虎视眈眈啊 |
[34:32] | Don’t look at me. | 别看我 |
[34:34] | You’re the ones with a decision to make. | 这得由你做决定 |
[34:41] | Mr. Worthington, how many cars in Onestop’s auto fleet? | 沃辛顿先生 一站式一共拥有多少辆车 |
[34:44] | About 6,000. | 大约6000辆 |
[34:46] | So, within this fleet, | 在这些车中 |
[34:47] | how many cars got into accidents last year? | 去年共有多少辆遭遇了车祸 |
[34:50] | I’m not sure. | 我不太清楚 |
[34:51] | Oh, well, I’m sure. | 好吧 我来告诉你 |
[34:54] | Here is a copy of Onestop’s safety record. | 这是一份一站式安全记录的复印件 |
[34:58] | 50 of your cars got into accidents last year, | 去年共有50辆车遭遇了车祸 |
[35:01] | three attributed to failed brakes. | 其中三辆是由刹车失灵导致的 |
[35:02] | So that’s 6%, right? | 这可是6%啊 没错吧 |
[35:04] | – Yes. – Are you aware that the nhtsa’s average | -是的 -你知道美国高速公路安全管理局 |
[35:07] | for brake-related accidents is only 0.03%, | 提供的刹车事故的平均数据只有0.03%吗 |
[35:11] | which means your fleet’s brake-failure rate | 你们汽车的刹车失灵的概率 |
[35:14] | is 20 times the national average? | 是平均值的20倍 |
[35:17] | Onestop’s after-market brakes pass all federal | 一站式售卖的刹车通过了 |
[35:20] | motor vehicle safety standards per the nhtsa. | 官方要求的所有数据检测 |
[35:24] | Those standards are notoriously lax. | 这些要求简直是形同虚设 |
[35:27] | Five years ago, your brakes were — and I quote the box — | 五年前 你们的刹车 我就引用盒子上的话了 |
[35:32] | “As good as the leading national brand,” | “可与全国知名品牌媲美” |
[35:35] | with a stopping distance of 200 feet | 时速60英里每小时的时候 |
[35:37] | at 60 miles per hour. | 可在200英尺内停下 |
[35:39] | But today | 而如今 |
[35:40] | Onestop’s brakes have a stopping distance of 515 feet, | 一站式的刹车要用515英尺才能停下 |
[35:45] | the lowest end of the safety continuum. | 这是安全保障的最低限度 |
[35:48] | Objection. Speculation. | 反对 这是无证推测 |
[35:50] | Right. | 是的 |
[35:51] | You know, I wish I had, like, a chart or — | 我真希望我能有个图表… |
[35:54] | or something with hard facts so I would really spell this out. | 或是什么能证明真相的铁证 |
[35:58] | Oh, wait. I do. | 等等 我还真有 |
[36:01] | So, as you can see, from 2006 to 2011, | 如你所见 从2006年到2011年 |
[36:06] | the cost of Onestop’s brake pads went down | 一站式的刹车片在不断降价 |
[36:09] | while the number of brake-related accidents | 而同时与此相关的事故发生率 |
[36:12] | in the fleet went up. | 却在不停上升 |
[36:14] | There is a direct correlation | 在这两者之间 |
[36:16] | between cheaper brake pads and brake-related accidents. | 有着十分明显的反比关联 |
[36:19] | So Onestop’s assertion that their brake pads | 所以一站式声称自产的刹车片 |
[36:22] | are “As good as the leading national brand” | “可与全国知名品牌媲美” |
[36:24] | is not only felonious, but deadly. | 不止触犯了法律 还致命 |
[36:26] | Objection. Counsel is testifying. | 反对 律师只做辩护 |
[36:29] | Oh. He wants a question. | 他希望我提问 |
[36:30] | I — I do have a question. | 我确实有个问题 |
[36:33] | Are you aware that Lauren Curtis had a perfect driving record | 你是否知道劳伦·柯蒂斯的驾驶记录 |
[36:36] | until the day she died in a Onestop car | 直到她死在一站式汽车里的那天前从没出过差错 |
[36:39] | less than a week after that car got its brakes replaced by onestop? | 一周前你们才把汽车的刹车片换成自产的 |
[36:45] | Mr. Cummings, if everything alleged is true, | 柯明斯先生 如果指控成立 |
[36:49] | I suggest you and your client find a conference room | 我建议你该和你的客户找间会议室 |
[36:52] | and work things out. | 好好谈谈了 |
[36:55] | Fast. | 尽快 |
[37:00] | The cops put a warrant out for nikki’s arrest, | 警察已经发布了尼基的逮捕令 |
[37:02] | And I alerted a buddy at the FBI’s fraud division. | 我还和一个联邦调查局诈骗科的兄弟打了招呼 |
[37:07] | We should also consult interpol’s alias database. | 我们还应该查一下国际刑警的数据库 |
[37:10] | Remember? That’s how they found the guy | 还记得吗 他们就是这么抓到 |
[37:11] | who hacked Scarjo’s cellphone. | 黑了斯嘉丽·乔纳森手机的人的 |
[37:13] | I’ll look into that. | 我会去查的 |
[37:14] | So I guess that’s it, then. | 所以就这样了吧 |
[37:17] | Just me and my pakes. | 派糕事业只剩我一人 |
[37:20] | Actually, Grayson, could you give us a minute? | 格雷森 能请你回避一下吗 |
[37:23] | It’s my office. | 这是我的办公室 |
[37:27] | And I need coffee. | 我去喝杯咖啡 |
[37:31] | So, Stacy, how would you feel if I asked Grayson | 史黛西 你介不介意我要格雷森把合同上 |
[37:35] | to take Nikki’s name off of the corporate documents | 尼基的名字换成另一个人的 |
[37:38] | and to replace her with a new investor? | 换一个新的投资商 |
[37:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[37:43] | Me. | 我 |
[37:44] | I support you, sweetie. | 我支持你 亲爱的 |
[37:46] | But I still don’t have a business plan. | 但我仍旧没有一份商业计划书 |
[37:48] | It’s okay. We’ll write one together. | 没关系 我们可以一起写 |
[37:58] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[38:01] | You’ll receive half of all Eve’s profits. | 你将获得伊芙的一半盈利额 |
[38:04] | You’re gonna be a rich lady. | 你就要家财万贯了啊 |
[38:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:06] | Miss Kaswell, that was a masterful argument. | 卡斯尔小姐 结局真是喜闻乐见 |
[38:09] | Eximius et gratias. | 十分感谢[拉丁语] |
[38:10] | You are welcome. I think. | 不客气 是这意思吧 |
[38:13] | Have a wonderful night. | 祝你们夜晚愉快 |
[38:14] | – Take care. – You, too. | -保重 -你也是 |
[38:17] | So, I’ve been thinking about what you said earlier | 所以我一直在想你之前说的那些 |
[38:19] | about freud and work. | 弗洛伊德和工作什么的 |
[38:21] | Really? | 是吗 |
[38:22] | Yeah, uh, you’ve been putting in a lot of hours, | 是啊 你一直这么卖力工作 |
[38:24] | and assuming freud is right, who are you trying to impress — | 假设弗洛伊德的理论正确 你是想要… |
[38:27] | someone with work or someone at work? | 通过工作吸引谁 还是想吸引一起工作的谁 |
[38:31] | What do you think? | 你怎么想的 |
[38:34] | I think we should discuss it over drinks. | 我想我们应该边喝边聊这话题 |
[38:45] | Hey. What you doing in my office? | 你来我办公室干什么 |
[38:48] | Rita’s on the way up. | 丽塔马上就到了 |
[38:49] | Before she gets here, I thought you might want to see this. | 她来之前 我觉得你该先看看这个 |
[38:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:57] | Medical records from her car crash? | 她车祸后的病例记录 |
[39:04] | Back pay, retirement benefits, and a cash settlement?! | 补发工资 退休福利 还有现金补偿 |
[39:09] | And the attorney general’s | 而且地方检察官 |
[39:11] | looking into criminal negligence. | 正在进行犯罪调查 |
[39:14] | Oh, I thank you, and Lauren thanks you. | 太感激你了 劳伦也十分感激 |
[39:20] | Something wrong? | 有什么不对吗 |
[39:21] | Rita, you suffered a cerebral contusion from the crash, | 丽塔 你因车祸 脑部受到了挫伤 |
[39:26] | and the doctors told you | 医生告诉过你 |
[39:27] | that that is what caused your personality to change. | 这才是导致你性格变化的原因 |
[39:32] | In fact, “Damage to the frontal lobe | 原话应该是 “额叶所受损伤 |
[39:34] | led to a lack of emotional inhibition.” | 导致无法控制情绪” |
[39:36] | Yeah, they told me that. So what? | 是啊 他们是这么说的 所以呢 |
[39:39] | So, why, then, did you tell me | 所以 你为什么要告诉我… |
[39:41] | that your sister’s soul was inside you, | 你姐姐的灵魂在你身体里 |
[39:44] | that you had become lauren? | 为什么要说你就是劳伦 |
[39:47] | I-I guess I couldn’t imagine | 我想我只是无法接受 |
[39:50] | a world where my sister didn’t exist, | 我的姐姐已经不存于世的事实 |
[39:53] | So I came up with a story I liked better than the doctors’. | 所以我就自己编了个我更喜欢的故事 |
[40:01] | Thanks again, Jane. | 再次谢谢你 简 |
[40:23] | So, Rita is definitely not like me. | 所以丽塔的情况和我完全不同 |
[40:28] | Well, the question is, why did you want her to be? | 重点是 你为什么希望她和你一样 |
[40:33] | I’m happy with my life. | 我现在过得很开心 |
[40:36] | You know, I really am. | 真的很开心 |
[40:40] | But sometimes… | 但有时… |
[40:43] | sometimes, I feel like a freak. | 有时我觉得自己是个怪胎 |
[40:48] | You see that guy up there? Top floor? | 你看见那边那男人了吗 顶楼那个 |
[40:50] | Yeah. | 看见了 |
[40:52] | He’s the C.E.O. Of a huge corporation. | 他是一家大型公司的首席执行官 |
[40:56] | He thinks he’s a freak | 但他觉得自己是个怪胎 |
[40:57] | Because he can’t sleep without his teddy bear. | 如果不抱着他的泰迪熊 他就无法入眠 |
[41:01] | But it’s that bear that reminds him to be compassionate, | 正是那只熊 提醒他要心存善念 |
[41:04] | which is why his employees love and respect him. | 也是因此 他的下属都十分爱戴尊敬他 |
[41:08] | And that woman — two floors down? | 而那女人 下面两楼的那个 |
[41:11] | She thinks she’s a freak because her ears stick out. | 她觉得自己是个怪胎 因为她的耳盘突出 |
[41:15] | But it’s because of those ears | 但正是因为这双耳朵 |
[41:17] | that she got into jewelry design | 她涉足了珠宝设计业 |
[41:19] | and now has her own successful line. | 现在她已经拥有自己的生意了 |
[41:22] | And then, of course, | 然后 还有这个 |
[41:24] | there’s that guy way down there on the bike. | 下面那个骑自行车的男孩 |
[41:28] | He’s got three nipples. | 他有三个乳头 |
[41:32] | What’s so great about that? | 这能有什么好处 |
[41:34] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[41:37] | But the point is, we’re all freaks one way or another, | 但重点是 我们都是某种意义上的怪胎 |
[41:40] | So I don’t know. | 那该怎么办呢 |
[41:43] | Get over yourself. | 接受自我吧 |
[41:48] | “Get over yourself.” | “接受自我” |
[41:50] | Was that supposed to be a pep talk? | 这是你对我的励志讲座吗 |
[41:54] | It’s as close as you’re gonna get from me. | 对咱俩来说 这样讲还挺贴切 |
[41:59] | Good night, Jane. | 晚安 简 |