时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | But there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:14] | A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend stacy and my guardian angel, Fred. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西还有我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | …And, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:40] | ♪ A girl went back to Napoli ♪ | ♪ 一位姑娘回到了那不勒斯 ♪ |
[00:40] | winnie89 hyenas | 翻译 Cath.K 又笨又焉的茄子 |
[00:45] | ♪ because she missed the scenery ♪ | ♪ 因为她想念那里的风景 ♪ |
[00:50] | ♪ The native dances and the charming songs ♪ | ♪ 当地的舞蹈和迷人的歌曲 ♪ |
[00:50] | JimmyBeck | 叶煦 |
[00:55] | ♪ But wait a minute ♪ | ♪ 但慢着 ♪ |
[00:58] | ♪ Something’s wrong ♪ | ♪ 有点不对劲 ♪ |
[01:09] | ♪ Hey, Mambo ♪ | ♪ 嗨 曼波舞 ♪ |
[01:10] | ♪ Mambo Italiano ♪ | ♪ 意大利曼波 ♪ |
[01:12] | ♪ Hey, Mambo ♪ | ♪ 嗨 曼波舞 ♪ |
[01:13] | ♪ Mambo Italiano ♪ | ♪ 意大利曼波 ♪ |
[01:15] | ♪ Go, go, go, you mixed-up Sicialiano ♪ | ♪ 来来 混血西西里人 ♪ |
[01:18] | ♪ All you Calabrese do the Mambo like a crazy with-a ♪ | ♪ 像南部意大利人那样疯狂舞蹈 ♪ |
[01:21] | ♪ Hey, Mambo ♪ | ♪ 嗨 曼波舞 ♪ |
[01:23] | ♪ Don’t wanna Tarantella ♪ | ♪ 不想跳塔兰泰拉舞 ♪ |
[01:24] | ♪ Hey, Mambo ♪ | ♪ 嗨 曼波舞 ♪ |
[01:26] | ♪ No more-a Mozzarella ♪ | ♪ 不要再吃无盐干酪 ♪ |
[01:28] | ♪ Hey, Mambo ♪ | ♪ 嗨 曼波 ♪ |
[01:29] | ♪ Mambo Italiano ♪ | ♪ 意大利曼波 ♪ |
[01:31] | ♪ It’s-a so delish-a ♪ | ♪ 如此美妙 ♪ |
[01:32] | ♪ Everybody gonna preshi-ada ♪ | ♪ 每个人都沉浸其中 ♪ |
[01:34] | ♪ How to Mambo Italian-o-o-o ♪ | ♪ 如何跳意大利曼波舞 ♪ |
[01:44] | Buongiorno. | 早 |
[01:46] | How did you know I was craving a cappuccino? | 你怎么知道我超想喝卡布奇诺 |
[01:49] | Oh, I took a gamble. | 我赌了一把 |
[01:51] | You were talking in your sleep — in Italian. | 你说梦话了 还是用意大利语 |
[01:53] | I was having my Italian dream again. | 我又做意大利梦了 |
[01:58] | Belissimo. | 真美味 |
[01:59] | Grazie. | 谢谢 |
[02:00] | Was my roommate in the kitchen? | 我室友在厨房吗 |
[02:02] | I don’t think she came home last night. | 她昨晚应该没回来 |
[02:03] | Let’s go out for breakfast. | 我们出去吃早饭吧 |
[02:05] | You just want to avoid Stacy. | 你这是为了避开史黛西 |
[02:07] | Well, that’s true. | 没错 |
[02:09] | We haven’t spoken | 自从上次 |
[02:09] | since I confronted her about her attitude, | 我训斥过她的态度之后 我们就没再说过话 |
[02:11] | And the last thing I want to hear about | 而我最不想听到的 |
[02:12] | is some A-list Hollywood party she went to last night. | 就是她昨晚又去了什么好莱坞名流趴 |
[02:15] | All right. Let’s go find some cornetto. | 好吧 咱们去吃冰淇淋 |
[02:18] | Who knows? Maybe some brioche with a little marmellata on top. | 再来点果酱面包 |
[02:23] | If we’re gonna have an italian breakfast, let’s do it right. | 既然要吃意式早餐 就要吃正宗的 |
[02:27] | This is a nightmare! | 这简直是个噩梦 |
[02:29] | The sounds, the smells, the polyester sheets — | 这声音 这气味 还有聚酯垫 |
[02:31] | What did I do to deserve this?! | 我做什么了 竟然要遭这种罪 |
[02:33] | You punched Brian Pullman in the face. | 你挥拳打了布莱恩·普尔曼的脸 |
[02:35] | It’s all over Youtube. | Youtube上传得到处都是 |
[02:36] | I did. I lost my head. | 好吧 我一时糊涂 |
[02:40] | How did I look? | 我在视频里啥样 |
[02:41] | Let’s focus on getting you out of here. | 我们还是好好研究怎么把你弄出去吧 |
[02:43] | Because it’s a first offense, | 鉴于你是初犯 |
[02:44] | The D.A.’s office is offering an A.C.D. | 地检办公室提出缓期开庭 |
[02:46] | Oh, that’s amazing! | 太好了 |
[02:48] | A what? | 什么 |
[02:49] | It means, if you stay out of trouble, | 也就是说 如果你安分守己 |
[02:51] | – the whole thing goes away. – Really? | -这事就算过去了 -真的吗 |
[02:53] | Like liposuction for your criminal record. | 就好像是给犯罪记录做了个吸脂手术 |
[02:57] | You son of a bitch! | 你这个狗娘养的 |
[02:59] | You’re doing my assistant and my commercial? | 你上了我的助理 还抢了我的广告片 |
[03:01] | You turned down the commercial. | 是你自己回绝了这部广告 |
[03:03] | I could watch this all day. | 看一天也不觉烦 |
[03:04] | – What are we watching? – You told me to! | -这是看什么呢 -是你让我推掉的 |
[03:06] | That’s for Summer, | 这一拳是为萨莫 |
[03:08] | and that’s for besmirching! | 这一拳是为了你对我的侮辱 |
[03:10] | Oh, my god! How is she not in jail?! | 天 她怎么没进监狱呢 |
[03:13] | – She is. – What? | -她进去了 -什么 |
[03:14] | That’s why she called us last night — to bail her out. | 所以她昨晚才给咱俩打电话 求保释 |
[03:18] | Oh, my god. I sent her to voicemail. | 天啊 我竟然没接 |
[03:21] | I am the worst friend ever. | 我这个朋友太不称职了 |
[03:22] | I-I have to get down there. | 我得去一趟 |
[03:23] | Grayson’s on it. And you have an appointment. | 格雷森已经去了 再说 你还有预约 |
[03:26] | Judge Maxwell’s office called. | 麦斯威尔法官办公室打来 |
[03:27] | You were court-ordered to provide pro bono assistance | 你被法庭指派给一个叫艾伦·霍华德的人 |
[03:30] | for an Aaron Howard. | 义务为他辩护 |
[03:32] | – Wait. Who? – He’s a death-row prisoner. | -慢着 谁 -一个死刑犯 |
[03:34] | He killed a guy during a drug deal eight years ago. | 八年前 他在毒品交易时杀了个人 |
[03:36] | He’s gonna be executed in 72 hours. | 他在72小时之内就要被行刑了 |
[03:38] | What does he want with me? | 他想让我做什么 |
[03:39] | Probably what everyone on death row wants. | 可能和别的死刑犯想要的差不多 |
[03:41] | Please don’t say “conjugal visit.” | 拜托别说”夫妻探视” |
[03:42] | No. To get off of death row. | 不 就是免死 |
[03:45] | I looked at his file. | 我看了他的档案 |
[03:45] | You know, there’s no real reversible errors. | 没什么大错 |
[03:47] | Just some small stuff, like they misspelled his name twice, | 只有些小错 像他是们拼错他的名字两次 |
[03:50] | The D.A. never handed over the victim’s death certificate. | 地检从没出具过被害人的死亡证明 |
[03:52] | There’s nothing to hang an appeal on. | 没什么好上诉的 |
[03:53] | Can’t I just say no? | 那我能拒绝吗 |
[03:55] | Not to Judge Maxwell. | 对麦斯威尔法官可不行 |
[03:57] | Even Kim’s afraid of him. | 就连金都害怕他 |
[04:01] | And to think, | 只能安慰自己 |
[04:02] | this day started off with a Cappuccino in bed. | 今天是从床上的热卡布奇诺开始的 |
[04:12] | Do you have a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[04:13] | For the boss? Always. | 随时待命 |
[04:17] | Listen, uh, I realize last night might have been… | 听着 我知道昨晚也许有些… |
[04:21] | inappropriate. | 不太得体 |
[04:23] | The kissing? | 那个吻 |
[04:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:25] | I promise, it won’t happen again. | 我保证以后不会这样了 |
[04:28] | Well, that’d be a shame. | 那真是太遗憾了 |
[04:30] | Really. | 是吗 |
[04:31] | Well, here’s how I remember it — I kissed you first. | 我记得是我先吻的你 |
[04:36] | Parker… | 帕克 |
[04:38] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 能借一步说话吗 |
[04:42] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[04:44] | I want to apologize for last night. | 我要为昨晚的事道歉 |
[04:47] | Walking out in the middle of dinner — it was unprofessional. | 在晚餐中途离席 显得很没风度 |
[04:52] | I picked a fight with you | 我和你闹 |
[04:54] | because you hired your ex-girlfriend. | 是因为你雇佣了前女友 |
[04:59] | – Kim — – No. I was out of line. | -金 -不 我越轨了 |
[05:02] | Your reaction was understandable. | 我能理解你的反应 |
[05:05] | Because the truth is, | 因为实际上 |
[05:08] | – I have some unresolved feelings — – I don’t care. | -我的确有点摇摆不定 -我无所谓 |
[05:11] | And that’s not a passive-aggressive “I don’t care.” | 这个”无所谓”没有赌气的意思 |
[05:14] | When I came back three months ago, | 三个月前刚回公司时 |
[05:16] | I told myself that it had everything to do with work | 我告诉自己只是为了工作 |
[05:19] | and nothing to do with you. | 跟你没有任何关系 |
[05:21] | I got sidetracked. | 但我违背了我的话 |
[05:26] | Here. | 给你 |
[05:31] | A partnership agreement? | 合伙契约 |
[05:33] | I deserve it. | 这是我应得的 |
[05:35] | If not, I’m prepared to leave. | 如果你不签字 我就辞职 |
[05:38] | And I suspect a signifificant number of clients will follow me. | 恐怕还会带走大量客户 |
[05:41] | It’s been a good year. | 今年市场很景气 |
[05:43] | You’re giving me an ultimatum? | 你这是在给我下最后通牒吗 |
[05:44] | I’ve never liked that word… | 虽然我不喜欢这个词 |
[05:46] | but yes. | 但的确是的 |
[05:50] | Your honor, the A.D.A. and I spoke, | 法官大人 地方检察官和我讨论后 |
[05:52] | and he agreed to a deal — | 我们达成了协议 |
[05:53] | Actually, the deal is off the table. | 事实上 我要撤销协议 |
[05:56] | What? We just spoke an hour ago. | 什么 我们一小时前才谈好的 |
[05:57] | My office can only offer an A.C.D. to first-time offenders. | 地检办只能对初犯处以缓期开庭 |
[06:01] | My client is a first-time offender. | 我的委托人就是初犯 |
[06:02] | Not according to her record. | 她档案上可不是这样写的 |
[06:08] | You pled guilty to a criminal trespass? | 你犯过非法入侵罪 |
[06:10] | Oh, that? | 那个吗 |
[06:12] | It was a long time ago, and it doesn’t count. | 那是很久前的事了 而且算不上什么罪 |
[06:14] | I picked up trash on the beach for a month. | 只不过让我在海滩上捡了一个月的垃圾 |
[06:16] | That’s called community service, which means you pled guilty. | 那叫做社区服务 也就是说你认罪了 |
[06:20] | Oh. | 不是吧 |
[06:21] | The charge is assault. | 你被控侵犯人身罪 |
[06:23] | How do you plead? | 你是否认罪 |
[06:24] | Not guilty. | 不认罪 |
[06:25] | – Not guilty. – So noted. | -不认罪 -记录在案 |
[06:28] | We’ll set a trial date this afternoon. | 下午我们会拟出审判日期 |
[06:31] | Tell me I shouldn’t worry. | 我不必担心吧 |
[06:37] | No cellphones, don’t hand him anything, | 别带手机 什么都别递给他 |
[06:39] | no physical contact of any sort. | 不要有任何形式的身体接触 |
[06:40] | I wasn’t planning on it. | 我没打算碰他 |
[06:42] | And you might want to cover up. | 那你最好把自己裹紧点 |
[06:45] | Warden, you sound like my dad before I went to prom. | 典狱长 这话很像我参加毕业舞会前我爸说的 |
[06:55] | If you need any assistance, | 如果你需要任何帮助 |
[06:56] | there will be a guard right outside. | 就向外面的警卫求助 |
[07:02] | Aaron? | 亚伦 |
[07:04] | Hi. I am Jane Bingum. | 你好 我是简·宾格温 |
[07:06] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[07:13] | I’m afraid I won’t be much help with an appeal. | 要上诉的话我恐怕帮不上什么忙 |
[07:15] | I don’t want an appeal. | 我不想上诉 |
[07:17] | I’m sorry. What did you say? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[07:19] | I deserve what’s coming. | 我罪有应得 |
[07:21] | Then why did you ask for a lawyer? | 那你要律师来干嘛 |
[07:24] | My sister, Tina, | 我妹妹 蒂娜 |
[07:26] | was born with a congenital heart defect. | 有先天性心脏病 |
[07:29] | She hasn’t talked to me since I’ve been in here, | 我进来之后 她没有理过我 |
[07:31] | but my cousin, he gives me updates. | 但我表哥把她的近况告诉了我 |
[07:35] | She’s dying. | 她快不行了 |
[07:36] | I want to give her my heart. I’m a perfect match. | 我想把心脏移植给她 我很匹配 |
[07:40] | – But the problem is — – The state won’t allow it. | -但问题是 -加州的情况不允许 |
[07:42] | Miss Bingum, I’m gonna die no matter what. | 宾格温小姐 我反正是将死之人 |
[07:47] | Please help me save my sister’s life. | 但请你帮我救救我妹妹 |
[07:57] | – Bingum! – Parker, no time to talk. | -宾格温 -帕克 没空理你 |
[07:59] | I’ve got a death-row inmate | 我接手的死刑犯 |
[08:00] | who wants to donate his heart to his dying sister. | 想把自己的心脏捐给他濒死的妹妹 |
[08:02] | But lethal injection in California requires three drugs. | 但加州的注射处死需要三种药物 |
[08:05] | The third drug renders the heart unsuitable for transplant. | 第三种药会致使心脏不适宜移植 |
[08:08] | – Sounds like a non-starter. – Not quite. | -听起来毫无希望 -不一定 |
[08:09] | In Ohio and Washington state, | 在俄亥俄州和华盛顿州 |
[08:11] | a single-drug protocol causes death | 单一药物协议能保证处死时 |
[08:13] | without damaging the heart. | 心脏不受损伤 |
[08:14] | So you need to convince the court to allow the protocol here. | 所以你得说服法院允许执行这份协议 |
[08:16] | Yes. But first, I have to find his sister | 是的 但首先我得找到他的妹妹 |
[08:17] | and see if she’ll even take the heart. | 看她要不要这颗心 |
[08:18] | Sounds like you’re gonna need a little help with this one. | 听起来你这个案子肯定需要帮手 |
[08:20] | Oh, thank you! | 太感谢你了 |
[08:21] | Okay, if you could start by tracking down | 你能不能先帮我查一下 |
[08:23] | – the most recent capital cases — – Kaswell! | -近期类似的死刑案件 -卡斯维 |
[08:25] | You’re second-chairing Bingum’s pro bono. | 你来当宾格温无偿服务案的副手 |
[08:27] | What? | 什么 |
[08:31] | I was wrongfully convicted, like that guy in “The Fugitive,” | 我被冤枉了 就像《亡命天涯》的主角 |
[08:33] | or the teacher in “Gossip Girl,” | 还有《八卦天后》里的那个老师 |
[08:35] | or Ashley Judd in — | 还有阿什利·贾德 |
[08:36] | – “Double Jeopardy”? – Yeah! | -《双重危险》 -没错 |
[08:38] | Here’s the difference. You pled guilty. | 不同的是 你认罪了 |
[08:40] | Why would you do that if it wasn’t you? | 如果不是你干的 你为什么要认罪 |
[08:42] | I was covering for somebody. | 为了给某人打掩护 |
[08:43] | – For who? – For — I don’t want to say. | -为了谁 -为了…我不想说 |
[08:47] | Okay, fine. It was Deb. | 好了 就是黛比 |
[08:48] | Deb broke into someone’s house? | 黛比闯进了别人的屋子 |
[08:50] | Not just anyone’s house. Deidre Hall’s house. | 不是别人 是迪德丽·豪尔的房子 |
[08:54] | Deidre Hall. The soap-opera star? | 演肥皂剧的明星 迪德丽·豪尔吗 |
[08:56] | Deb had an audition for “Days of Our Lives.” | 黛比参加了《我们的日子》的试镜 |
[08:58] | She was going to play one of Marlena Evans’ | 她要扮演马琳娜·埃文斯的 |
[09:00] | genetically engineered twins. | 基因工程双胞胎之一 |
[09:01] | You know, the ones she had on the island | 就是她在岛上药物性昏迷之后 |
[09:03] | during her drug-induced coma? | 怀上的那对 |
[09:04] | Well, Deb decided the best way to prepare | 黛比认为最好的准备方式 |
[09:06] | would be to rehearse in Deidre’s house. For inspiration. | 就是在迪德丽家里排练 来获取灵感 |
[09:09] | – Like method acting. – You didn’t talk her out of that? | -就像是体验派表演法 -你没阻止她吗 |
[09:11] | Well, you know how she was when she had an idea. | 你知道她那人志在必得 |
[09:14] | Remember that summer she thought | 有个夏天 她突发奇想 |
[09:15] | I’d look like Vin Diesel if I shaved my head? | 觉得我剃了头很像范·迪塞尔 |
[09:16] | Yeah. Who knew a head could be so lumpy? | 是啊 剃完才发现你头长得坑坑洼洼 |
[09:19] | Anyway, I let her take my car. | 总之 我把车借给她了 |
[09:21] | When she left Deidre Hall’s house, she tripped an alarm, | 她从迪德丽·豪尔家出来的时候 触响了警报 |
[09:23] | and someone spotted my license plate. | 有人记下了我的车牌号 |
[09:25] | And that night, the cops paid you a visit. | 那天晚上 警察就去找你了 |
[09:26] | I knew that Deb had the audition the next day, | 我知道黛比第二天要试演 |
[09:29] | so I told them I did it. | 所以我就说是我干的 |
[09:31] | You did that for her? | 你为她背了黑锅 |
[09:33] | She would have done the same for me. | 她也会为我那么做的 |
[09:37] | Look, I cannot go back to jail. | 我不想回监狱去 |
[09:39] | I am not as tough as Paris or Lindsay. | 我没帕里斯和琳赛那么坚强 |
[09:42] | Hey, I’ll figure something out. | 我会想办法 |
[09:44] | – Okay? – Okay. | -别担心好吗 -好 |
[09:46] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:48] | The answer is no. | 我不要 |
[09:49] | You don’t want his heart? | 你不要他的心脏吗 |
[09:51] | No. | 不要 |
[09:56] | I’m sorry to push, but this may be your last hope. | 我不想逼你 但这可能是你最后的希望了 |
[10:01] | I went to that boy’s funeral — | 我出席了那男孩的葬礼 |
[10:04] | the one that my brother killed. | 就是我哥哥杀死的那个 |
[10:06] | I saw what Aaron took from that family. | 我目睹了亚伦把那个家庭害成什么样 |
[10:11] | I don’t want anything from him. | 所以我不想要他的任何东西 |
[10:15] | I’m gonna take my chances on the transplant list, | 我宁愿排队等移植 |
[10:17] | So please, go. | 所以请你们走吧 |
[10:21] | You’re incredibly selfish. | 你真自私得可以 |
[10:23] | – Kim! – Excuse me? | -金 -你说什么 |
[10:24] | You’re gonna “take your chances with the transplant list”? | 你居然说”宁愿排队等移植” |
[10:27] | There’s a dozen people waiting for any heart you take, | 你等的那颗心脏是多少人的生机 |
[10:29] | which means my cousin nick could die because of you. | 我的表弟尼克可能因你而死 |
[10:31] | He’s been waiting six months | 他等了半年都没消息 |
[10:33] | for the chance you’re spitting at. | 你却不知珍惜 |
[10:35] | This is a waste of time. Let’s go. | 这简直是浪费时间 我们走 |
[10:41] | Wait. | 等等 |
[10:45] | I’m not making any promises, but I will talk to Aaron. | 我现在没法答应 但我愿意和亚伦谈谈 |
[10:58] | I had no idea about your cousin Nick. | 我不知道你表弟尼克的事 |
[10:59] | I’m sorry. | 节哀 |
[11:01] | I don’t have a cousin Nick. | 我没有什么表弟尼克 |
[11:03] | But someone does. | 但别人有 |
[11:09] | Hey! I might have found a loophole. | 我想我找到突破口了 |
[11:10] | I knew it was legal to punch a guy | 他跟我的助手出轨 |
[11:12] | who cheats on you with your assistant! | 我就知道揍他两拳肯定是合法的 |
[11:14] | Nope. That’s still a crime. | 不 是犯法的 |
[11:16] | But I’ve been reading your file, | 但我看了你的档案 |
[11:18] | and we may be able to retry the old trespass case. | 我们可以为你之前的非法侵入罪翻案 |
[11:26] | I know what you’re thinking, and knock it off. | 我知道你在想什么 趁早放弃吧 |
[11:28] | I wasn’t thinking anything. | 我什么都没想 |
[11:29] | You think she’s no longer a big bitchy diva, | 她现在不耍大牌了 |
[11:31] | and you just want to run into that office | 你就想冲进办公室 |
[11:32] | and throw your arms around her and never let her go. | 紧紧抱住她不撒手 |
[11:34] | Okay, that’s kind of what I was thinking. | 好吧 和我想得差不多 |
[11:36] | But a little bit dirtier. | 但我的版本更下流 |
[11:38] | – Don’t, Fred. You’ve got to be strong. – Why? | -别 弗雷德 你必须忍住 -为什么 |
[11:40] | Remember what it was like to watch her kiss another dude | 想想你看见她和别人接吻的感觉 |
[11:42] | Right in front of you — her lips on his. | 他们就在你面前嘴唇紧贴 |
[11:45] | The lies, the betrayal. | 那些谎言与背叛 |
[11:47] | How she took your trust and soaked it in gasoline | 她骗取你的信任 浇上汽油 |
[11:49] | and set it on fire. | 再一把火烧掉 |
[11:51] | You’re right. She did. | 没错 的确如此 |
[11:55] | Hi, Fred. | 嗨 弗雷德 |
[11:58] | Um, do you think we could talk? | 我们可以谈谈吗 |
[12:01] | Uh, well — | 这个嘛 |
[12:02] | Does someone smell gasoline? | 有没有人闻到汽油味 |
[12:07] | Actually, I’m — I’m busy. | 实际上 我有点忙 |
[12:08] | I-I’m doing…stuff. | 我还有事 |
[12:10] | So… | 走了 |
[12:14] | Make any friends in the clink? | 号子里交到朋友了吗 |
[12:21] | Tina hasn’t made a decision. | 蒂娜还没决定 |
[12:23] | She just agreed to come see you. | 她只是同意来见你 |
[12:25] | What do you need to see? That I regret what I did? | 你还要看什么 看我懊悔的模样吗 |
[12:29] | That I accept the consequences of my actions? | 看我自作自受吗 |
[12:33] | Part of me hoped that I wouldn’t recognize you, but… | 我希望自己不认识你 |
[12:36] | I do, and I… | 但我认识 |
[12:38] | Jane, I can’t. | 简 我谈不下去了 |
[12:40] | Remember Dana Point? | 记得咱们在德纳角的时候吗 |
[12:42] | The summer that I taught you how to surf? | 那个夏天我教你冲浪 |
[12:44] | The first time you got up on your board, | 你第一次站上冲浪板 |
[12:46] | stood on your feet for about 5 seconds, | 才站了五秒 |
[12:48] | and then a swell buried you, and you — | 就被浪头掀翻了 当时你… |
[12:50] | I didn’t know which way was up. | 我不知道往哪边游才能浮出水面 |
[12:52] | You grabbed my arm, pulled me to the surface, | 你抓住我的手臂 把我拉上海面 |
[12:53] | and told me to breathe. | 叫我呼吸 |
[12:57] | That’s what I’m doing now. | 这正是我现在要做的 |
[13:10] | I hear you have a new business. | 听说你开始自己做生意了 |
[13:12] | A travel agency. It’s really very nice. | 她开了家旅行社 很不错 |
[13:14] | It’s probably the last one in the country. | 可能是全国所剩无几的旅行社了 |
[13:17] | Turns out there’s this thing called the internet. | 因为有了网络这个东西嘛 |
[13:20] | Leave it to me, right? | 也只有我会做了 |
[13:21] | No, it — it makes perfect sense. | 不 我很理解 |
[13:23] | We always talked about wanting to travel the world. | 我们一直在说要环游世界 |
[13:27] | Tina, you need to make a decision. | 蒂娜 你必须决定 |
[13:30] | Please. | 求你了 |
[13:31] | If there’s one good thing that I could do | 如果我死之前 |
[13:33] | with my life before I die… | 能做件好事 |
[13:36] | Maybe it’s all okay. | 也许能善恶相抵 |
[13:39] | I don’t want to make it okay. | 我才不信什么善恶相抵 |
[13:41] | Don’t you get that? | 你不明白吗 |
[13:43] | If I take your heart, | 要是接受了你的心脏 |
[13:44] | it’s like I benefit from what you did. | 就好像我因你杀人而获益 |
[13:47] | You can’t change what happened. | 你无力改变已经发生的事 |
[13:49] | But there’s no reason for you to die, too. | 但你没必要等死 |
[13:51] | That doesn’t help anyone. | 那对谁都没好处 |
[13:53] | Tina, please. | 蒂娜 求你了 |
[13:57] | Please. | 求你了 |
[13:58] | Please. | 求你了 |
[13:59] | Please, please. | 求你了 求你了 |
[14:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:04] | Yeah. | 太好了 |
[14:18] | Counselors, as I see it the transplant issue is boot | 各位律师 在我看来器官移植的问题 |
[14:20] | until we settle the larger question | 可以搁置一下 因为有个更大的问题 |
[14:23] | how Mr. Howard is to be executed. | 霍华德先生将以何种方式被处决 |
[14:26] | A single injection of pentobarbital | 只需要注射戊巴比妥 |
[14:28] | will do its job without destroying Aaron’s heart. | 就可以达到目的而不伤害亚伦的心脏 |
[14:30] | State law stipulates how inmates are to be put to death. | 本州法律规定了执行死刑的程序 |
[14:33] | It is not for this court to settle. | 法庭无权变更 |
[14:34] | This court has a duty to mandate a change | 第八修正案中规定 |
[14:37] | if current protocol violates the 8th Amendment — | 禁止残酷和异常的处罚 |
[14:39] | Prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment — which it does. | 本案即为此情况 所以法庭有义务作出变更 |
[14:43] | According to whom? | 有谁可以作证 |
[14:44] | Let us call one witness, and we’ll prove it. | 请允许目击证人出庭 我们会向大家证明 |
[14:46] | When can your witness be here? | 你的证人何时能到场 |
[14:49] | He’s already here. | 他就在现场 |
[14:50] | We call Warden Richard Stekler. | 有请典狱长理查德·斯德克勒 |
[14:56] | Warden, who was in charge of the prison two years ago | 典狱长 两年前一个叫雷吉·艾伦的囚犯 |
[14:59] | When an inmate named Reggie Allen was executed? | 被处死刑时 谁是监狱的主管 |
[15:01] | I was. | 我 |
[15:02] | Isn’t it true that the drug that was supposed to | 当时本应使他昏迷的药物失效了 |
[15:05] | render him unconscious didn’t work? | 此事是否属实 |
[15:07] | It worked. | 药物起效了 |
[15:08] | It just took a little bit longer than expected. | 只是比预期的时间长了一点 |
[15:12] | Here is the official report. | 这是官方报告 |
[15:15] | Would you please read the highlighted portion? | 请你能读一下标注的部分 |
[15:19] | “Reggie appeared to be awake the entire time. | “在整个行刑过程中 雷吉始终保持清醒 |
[15:22] | “He gasped for air, arched his back, spasmed, | 他大口喘气 背部拱起 不停抽搐 |
[15:25] | and cried out long after he should have been out.” | 在预定的死亡时间过后仍高声喊叫” |
[15:27] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[15:28] | “After two witnesses became ill, | “在两名目击者出现呕吐之后 |
[15:32] | the curtains had to be drawn.” | 他们不得不拉上了窗帘” |
[15:35] | “Arched his back, spasmed, and cried out.” | “背部拱起 不停抽搐 高声喊叫” |
[15:40] | that doesn’t seem cruel and unusual to you? | 你觉得这些还不够残酷和异常吗 |
[15:46] | Your honor, Ohio and Washington | 法官大人 俄亥俄和华盛顿州 |
[15:47] | switched to a single drug after similarly botched executions. | 在经历了这种失败的行刑后都改用了单一药剂 |
[15:52] | Shouldn’t we do the same? | 难道我们不该效仿吗 |
[15:59] | All right. | 好了 |
[16:00] | You’ll have my decision by 5:00 p.m. | 我会在下午五点前作出裁决 |
[16:02] | Witness is excused. We are at recess. | 证人无需到场 现在休庭 |
[16:07] | Your client wishes to withdraw her plea | 你的客户想撤回六年前 |
[16:09] | on a 6-year-old misdemeanor? | 一次轻罪中的答辩 是吗 |
[16:11] | See, after Ms. Barrett pled guilty | 巴奈特小姐承认有罪 |
[16:12] | and completed the community service, | 并完成社区服务后 |
[16:14] | the D.A.’s office never entered e verdict. | 发现地方检察厅并没有作出最终判决 |
[16:16] | Come on. This is ridiculous. | 得了吧 这太荒唐了 |
[16:18] | This kind of thing happens all the time. | 这种情况很常见 |
[16:20] | I rule Ms. Barrett has the right to withdraw her plea | 我判决巴奈特小姐有权撤回答辩 |
[16:22] | And go to trial on the break-in. | 然后接受非法入侵的审讯 |
[16:24] | – Yeah! – Thank you. | -太好了 -谢谢你 |
[16:25] | Okay, since we’re reopening the old case, | 好吧 既然我们要重开旧案 |
[16:27] | the state amends the trespass charge | 州法规定非法侵入罪 |
[16:29] | to include felony burglary. | 包括重度盗窃罪 |
[16:31] | That’s two to six years. | 那可要判刑两到六年呐 |
[16:32] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[16:33] | When my office got notice of your motion, | 当得知你的请求之后 |
[16:35] | We contacted Deidre Hall, who informed us that, | 我们联系了迪德丽·豪尔 她告诉我们 |
[16:37] | on the night of the break-in, | 在你非法入侵的当天 |
[16:38] | a pair of custom-made leather boots were stolen. | 一双定制的皮靴不翼而飞 |
[16:40] | What? Your honor, she didn’t report — | 什么 法官大人 她没有报告… |
[16:42] | She didn’t report the theft at the time | 她当时没报告这一偷窃行为 |
[16:44] | because she feared the tabloids would embarrass her, | 因为就在那之前不久 她捐了一大笔钱 |
[16:46] | as she had just donated a large sum of money to a bird sanctuary. | 给一个鸟类救助协会 她怕小报会因此非难她 |
[16:48] | And the boots were ostrich leather. | 而那靴子是鸵鸟皮的 |
[16:52] | I saw them in “Vogue.” | 我在时尚杂志上看到的 |
[16:53] | Security footage taken that night. | 这是当晚的安全摄像 |
[17:02] | That could be any young blond woman. | 只能看出来是个年轻金发女孩 |
[17:04] | I think a jury would have no problem connecting the dots. | 我想陪审团能看出其中的联系 |
[17:07] | Your honor — | 法官大人 |
[17:08] | You started this, Mr. Kent. | 是你的开头 肯特先生 |
[17:10] | The jury will hear the new charges. | 陪审团会听取新的指控 |
[17:18] | – Hi. Sorry I’m late. – Hey! | -嗨 不好意思我来晚了 -嗨 |
[17:19] | No, no, no, no. No apologies necessary. | 别 别 不用道歉 |
[17:21] | – My mood is that good. – Really? | -我现在心情超级好 -真的吗 |
[17:23] | Well, then I will have what you’re having. | 那我也要点和你一样的菜 |
[17:25] | – I just got the call. – What call? | -我刚刚接了个电话 -什么电话 |
[17:26] | I’m going to sail on an America’s Cup Yacht. | 我就要参加美洲杯帆船比赛了 |
[17:30] | Oh, that’s amazing! | 太棒了 |
[17:31] | It’s a dream come true. | 我的梦想成真了 |
[17:32] | Day after tomorrow, I leave for New Zealand. | 后天我就启程去新西兰 |
[17:34] | But I thought it was the America’s Cup. | 你不是说参加美洲杯吗 |
[17:35] | The boat’s based in Auckland. | 帆船基地在奥克兰 |
[17:36] | I’ll be training there for a year. | 我要在那里训练一年 |
[17:38] | So, you’re just gonna move to New Zealand? | 这么说你要搬到新西兰住 |
[17:41] | – Why not? – Well, because… | -为什么不呢 -因为… |
[17:44] | Because you’re a judge. | 因为你是个法官 |
[17:46] | Okay. | 那又怎样 |
[17:47] | Okay, Mr. Free-and-easy-no-baggage. | 好吧 无牵无挂先生 |
[17:50] | I mean, don’t get me wrong — I would — | 别误会我的意思 如果是我 |
[17:52] | I would love to drop everything and move to Italy, | 我愿意放下一切搬到意大利 |
[17:55] | you know, and spend my nights with fashionist | 和时尚爱好者们一起欢度夜晚 |
[17:58] | And my days sleeping off my nights. | 然后白天补觉 |
[18:00] | You know, but it’s the real world. | 但这可是现实世界 |
[18:02] | And New Zealand’s part of that world. | 新西兰也是现实世界 |
[18:05] | Come with me. | 和我一起去吧 |
[18:07] | What? | 什么 |
[18:07] | You’ll love it there. It’s Middle-Earth. | 你会爱上那里的 那里是中土世界 |
[18:10] | Friendly people, great wine. | 人民热情友好 盛产葡萄美酒 |
[18:11] | Maybe we’ll see a Hobbit. Who knows? | 咱们没准儿会遇到霍比特人呢 |
[18:13] | Owen, I can’t go with you. | 欧文 我不能和你一起走 |
[18:20] | Did you honestly think I was gonna say yes? | 你真的以为我会同意吗 |
[18:26] | I never thought you’d say no. | 我从没想过你会拒绝 |
[18:37] | I was looking for the temp. You know… | 临时工去哪儿了 |
[18:39] | – Elisa? – Yeah. | -伊莉莎吗 -对 |
[18:41] | You brought her a blended coffee beverage? | 你还给她带了杯咖啡 |
[18:43] | New policy — senior staff treats the temps to coffee. | 这是新规定 高级职员要请临时工喝咖啡 |
[18:47] | Couldn’t have started that policy when I was a temp? | 为什么我当临时工的时候没这政策 |
[18:49] | Is she back from lunch yet? | 她吃午饭还没回来吗 |
[18:51] | No. She just called. | 没有 她刚打电话来 |
[18:52] | She had to go to the emergency room. | 说要去趟急诊室 |
[18:54] | What? What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[18:56] | She didn’t say. | 她没说 |
[19:04] | You stole those boots! | 是你偷了那双靴子 |
[19:07] | What? | 什么 |
[19:08] | Six years ago, I let you borrow my car, | 六年前 你不顾我的劝告 |
[19:10] | and you broke into Deidre Hall’s house, | 借走了我的车 |
[19:12] | even after I told you it was a bad idea. | 闯进迪德丽·豪尔家 |
[19:14] | And then you stole her ostrich leather boots, | 然后你还偷了她驼鸟皮的靴子 |
[19:16] | and you never told me! | 却一直没告诉我 |
[19:17] | That’s crazy! | 你疯了 |
[19:18] | I covered for you, | 我为了帮你掩护 |
[19:19] | and I spent the summer picking up trash on the beach! | 花了一夏天的时间在沙滩上捡垃圾 |
[19:21] | I even touched a pair of underpants | 我甚至还捡了一条 |
[19:23] | with Gary Busey’s name sewn on them, | 缝了加里·布西名字的内裤 |
[19:25] | and now I’m going to jail because of you. | 因为你 我现在要去坐牢了 |
[19:28] | And also because I punched Brian. | 当然也因为我打了布莱恩 |
[19:29] | But mostly because of you! | 但主要还是因为你 |
[19:32] | I apologized every single day that summer. | 那个夏天 我每天都在跟你道歉 |
[19:35] | And do you know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[19:36] | Because that is what best friends do. | 因为对闺蜜就应该这样 |
[19:38] | And do you know when else best friends apologize? | 你知道闺蜜还应该为什么事道歉吗 |
[19:40] | When they have been really mean and braggy | 那就是刚上了个电视剧 |
[19:44] | and they’ve said some pretty horrible things | 就变得刻薄自恋 |
[19:45] | just because they’re on a tv show. | 还出口伤人 |
[19:47] | Maybe I would have apologized | 要不是你害我众叛亲离 |
[19:49] | if you hadn’t gotten everyone to turn against me. | 我能不道歉吗 |
[19:51] | We were trying to bring you back down to earth, | 我们只是想把你拉回现实 |
[19:53] | but you weren’t listening! | 但你根本听不进去 |
[19:56] | Well, I’m listening now. | 我现在愿意听 |
[20:01] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:03] | I was so mean to you, and I was so mean to Fred. | 我之前对你 对弗雷德太刻薄了 |
[20:06] | And now I’ve ruined everything! | 现在我把什么都毁了 |
[20:08] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[20:10] | Come here. | 过来 |
[20:13] | And I’m sorry I accused you of stealing Deidre Hall’s boots | 我怪你偷了那双靴子 再说句对不起 |
[20:16] | when she probably just lost them. | 谁知道是不是她自己弄丢的 |
[20:21] | Sweetie… | 亲爱的 |
[20:22] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[20:23] | …I did steal those boots. | 是我偷了那双靴子 |
[20:26] | You stole those boots?! | 真是你偷的啊 |
[20:28] | Yes! because I — I was in her house, | 是的 我在她家里 |
[20:30] | and I was getting inspired, and I-I went to her closet, | 突然灵光一现 就打开了她的衣橱 |
[20:33] | and they were — they were so spectacular. | 那双靴子美翻了 |
[20:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:36] | And then a minute later, there’s sirens, | 这时候 警报突然响了 |
[20:38] | and I can’t get the damn boots off! | 我都来不及把那该死的靴子脱掉 |
[20:40] | I panicked, and I ran to that car with those boots on. | 我慌了 穿着靴子就往车里跑 |
[20:43] | Well, why didn’t you tell me? | 那你为什么不告诉我 |
[20:45] | I really couldn’t say anything. You’d never forgive me. | 我不能说 你不会原谅我的 |
[20:48] | Of course I would. | 我当然会原谅你 |
[20:50] | I mean, that’s what best friends do. | 闺蜜就该这样 |
[20:55] | Elisa? | 伊莉莎 |
[20:57] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[20:58] | I think I have the wrong room. | 看来我走错房间了 |
[21:00] | If you’re looking for Elisa, she’ll be right back. | 伊莉莎她马上回来 |
[21:02] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[21:04] | I asked you first. | 我先问你的 |
[21:05] | I’m Jay Parker. | 我叫杰·帕克 |
[21:06] | I’m Eric. | 我叫艾瑞克 |
[21:08] | What happened to your arm? | 你胳膊怎么了 |
[21:10] | Got in a fight. | 打了一架 |
[21:11] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[21:12] | – With a skateboard. – Ouch. | -被滑板打的 -这样啊 |
[21:14] | How do you know Elisa? | 你怎么认识伊莉莎的 |
[21:16] | That’s easy. She’s my mom. | 很简单 她是我妈妈 |
[21:19] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[21:20] | What for? | 怎么了 |
[21:24] | Elisa’s your mom? | 伊莉莎是你妈妈 |
[21:26] | Yeah. she’ll be right back. | 对 她马上回来 |
[21:29] | How old are you, Eric? | 艾瑞克 你多大了 |
[21:31] | He’s 7. | 七岁 |
[21:32] | Hey, mom. can we go now? | 妈妈 我们能走了吗 |
[21:35] | Soon, baby. | 就走 宝贝 |
[21:36] | Jay, can I speak to you outside, please? | 杰 我们外面说 |
[21:48] | You have a kid. | 你居然有个孩子 |
[21:50] | A 7-year-old. | 七岁大 |
[21:52] | We were together eight years ago. | 八年前我们在一起 |
[21:54] | Jay — | 杰 |
[21:55] | You never even told me you were a mom. | 你从没告诉过我你当妈了 |
[21:56] | I mean, you got to go pretty far out of your way | 你瞒了我这么久 |
[21:59] | not to bring that up. | 太过分了 |
[22:01] | He’s mine, isn’t he? | 他是我儿子 是吗 |
[22:08] | I was gonna tell you. | 我本打算告诉你的 |
[22:09] | Whoa. I — you were gonna? | 真的吗 |
[22:11] | You’ve had seven years. Seven years! | 你七年了都没告诉我 七年啊 |
[22:14] | When were you thinking you might tell me?! | 你到底打算什么时候告诉我 |
[22:15] | Please don’t raise your voice at me. | 别对我吼 |
[22:17] | Okay, you don’t know how many times I started to call you. | 我好多次想打电话给你 |
[22:20] | But every time, it just — | 但每次都… |
[22:21] | I can’t do this right now. | 我不想听你解释 |
[22:30] | Nothing worse than waiting for a phone to ring, right? | 恐怕没什么比等电话更烦的了 |
[22:35] | The judge said 5:00 p.m. | 法官说五点打 |
[22:37] | So we’ve got another 15 minutes. | 现在还差十五分钟 |
[22:39] | Well, maybe that’s good news. | 也许是好事 |
[22:41] | I mean, if it was a no, wouldn’t he have done it quickly? | 不同意的话 他应该早就打电话了 |
[22:43] | There’s no telling. | 这事儿谁也说不准 |
[22:56] | Hello? Jane Bingum. | 你好 我是简·宾格温 |
[22:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:06] | Yes, I-I understand. | 好的 我明白 |
[23:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:14] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[23:18] | Tina, this is not over. | 蒂娜 这事儿没完 |
[23:19] | We’ve already prepared the appeal. | 我们已经准备好上诉了 |
[23:21] | – We will go to the supreme court if we have to. – Yes. | -必要的话我们会向最高法院上诉 -是的 |
[23:25] | I think I just need some air. | 我想出去透透气 |
[23:29] | Okay, let’s split up the roster, find a judge. | 咱们分头看名册 找一位合适的法官 |
[23:32] | Someone’s got to be willing to stay Judge Maxwell’s order | 赞同麦斯威尔法官判决的法官 |
[23:35] | Until we can find — | 直到我们找到… |
[23:37] | – Tina?! – Oh, my god! | -蒂娜 -天啊 |
[23:39] | – Tina! – Tina! | -蒂娜 -蒂娜 |
[23:41] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[23:42] | – Is she breathing? – I don’t know. | -她还有呼吸吗 -我不知道 |
[23:44] | Somebody get some help! | 快去叫救护车 |
[23:45] | Tina! Tina?! | 蒂娜 |
[23:51] | It’s viral myocarditis. | 是病毒性心肌炎 |
[23:53] | Basically, the faulty valve finally gave out. | 简单说 就是她的心脏罢工了 |
[23:56] | What are her options? | 那有什么治疗方法吗 |
[23:57] | She needs a new heart — now. | 需要尽快换心 |
[23:59] | What about the transplant list? | 移植名单的情况如何 |
[24:01] | Her condition puts her near the top | 根据病情 她排得很靠前 |
[24:02] | when a compatible heart becomes available, but… | 只要有匹配的心脏就肯定给她 但是 |
[24:07] | I’m so sorry. I tried to reach you. | 打扰一下 打你电话没打通 |
[24:08] | I had to turn my phone off. what is it? | 我刚才关机了 什么事 |
[24:10] | The prison called. | 监狱打来电话 |
[24:11] | Aaron’s last rites are tonight at 9 p.m. | 亚伦今晚九点临终祈祷 |
[24:13] | He wants you there. | 他希望你在场 |
[24:22] | Jay. | 杰 |
[24:28] | I should have told you back then. | 我应该早点告诉你的 |
[24:30] | You think? | 不然呢 |
[24:31] | – I was waiting… – For what? | -我只是想等… -等什么 |
[24:34] | See if I fell for you again? | 等我再一次爱上你吗 |
[24:36] | Was it just one big test? | 这是场考验吗 |
[24:37] | If I pass, I meet my kid? | 如果我通过了 就能见儿子吗 |
[24:39] | No. | 不是的 |
[24:41] | I understand why you came back, all right? | 我明白你为什么回来 |
[24:49] | That ought to cover it. | 这些钱够不够 |
[24:50] | – Do you really think — – What? Not enough? | -你真以为… -什么 钱不够吗 |
[25:09] | You sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[25:10] | Trust me. The boots are here. | 相信我 靴子肯定在这儿 |
[25:12] | Deb organized her footwear by designer and season. | 黛比按照设计师和季节整理鞋子 |
[25:15] | Right, and then I just kind of | 没错 我就不是 |
[25:17] | threw everything into random boxes. | 我的东西都随便丢在箱子里 |
[25:21] | Well, let’s dive in. | 我们开始找吧 |
[25:51] | These are spectacular. | 这双靴子太漂亮了 |
[25:54] | I totally get why she stole them. | 要是我 我也偷 |
[26:06] | Scotch in the middle of the day, huh? | 大白天就喝威士忌啊 |
[26:11] | Parker, I need an answer. | 帕克 我需要你的答复 |
[26:13] | To my proposal? | 关于我升职的事 |
[26:16] | Your ultimatum? | 你的最后通牒吗 |
[26:19] | No. | 不行 |
[26:21] | You can’t get an answer. | 我无法给你答复 |
[26:24] | Not right now. | 至少现在不行 |
[26:26] | You remember the part where I said | 你记得我说过 |
[26:28] | I would leave and my clients would follow. | 我会辞职 还会带走客户吧 |
[26:31] | Well, you wouldn’t be the first woman to walk out on me today. | 你不是今天第一个弃我而去的女人了 |
[26:35] | Elisa? | 伊莉莎吗 |
[26:38] | She’s got a kid. | 她有个孩子 |
[26:40] | We’ve got a kid. | 是我的孩子 |
[26:42] | Eric. He’s 7. | 叫艾瑞克 他七岁了 |
[26:45] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[26:46] | Yeah, I found out about three hours ago. | 对 我三小时前才发现 |
[26:49] | I think I handled it pretty well. | 我觉得我处理得挺不错 |
[26:52] | I yelled at her in a crowded hospital, | 我在拥挤的医院里对她大喊大叫 |
[26:54] | and then I yelled at her in the privacy of my own office, | 然后又在自己的办公室里冲她吼 |
[26:57] | and then I wrote her a check and said, | 然后给她写了张支票说 |
[27:01] | “that ought to cover it.” | “这些钱够不够” |
[27:03] | You didn’t. | 你真那么做了吗 |
[27:07] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[27:10] | I’m a real prince. | 我还真是拿自己当棵葱啊 |
[27:16] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[27:18] | We don’t get infinite opportunities | 再不弥补的话 |
[27:20] | to do the right thing. | 你就没机会了 |
[27:25] | You need to fix this. | 你得去道歉 |
[27:37] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[27:39] | I’m looking for Fred. | 我要找弗雷德 |
[27:41] | He is not here. | 他不在 |
[27:43] | Teri, I really need to talk to him. | 泰丽 我得和他谈谈 |
[27:44] | He doesn’t want to see you — | 他不想见你 |
[27:46] | Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. | 今天不想 明天不想 以后也一样 |
[27:51] | Could you give him a message? | 你能帮我给他带个口信吗 |
[27:53] | Keep it short. | 简短点 |
[27:56] | Tell him I’m sorry, | 告诉他我很抱歉 |
[27:58] | and I know that I ruined everything, | 我知道我把一切都搞砸了 |
[28:01] | but I can’t imagine my life without him. | 但我不知道没他的日子该怎么过 |
[28:04] | And every time there’s a knock at my door, | 每次有人敲门 |
[28:07] | I’m gonna hope that it’s him. | 我都希望是他 |
[28:10] | Wow. Are those real tears? | 你这是真哭吗 |
[28:13] | Cause your acting’s not that good. | 你演技可没那么好 |
[28:17] | I love him, Teri. | 泰丽 我爱他 |
[28:31] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你们在这里干嘛 |
[28:33] | We’re here to see our client. | 我们来见委托人 |
[28:35] | He wants us present for his last rites. | 他想让我们出席他的临终祷告 |
[28:36] | Aaron Howard just hanged himself in his cell 15 minutes ago. | 艾伦·霍华德十五分钟前在囚室上吊自杀了 |
[28:40] | – Oh, my god. – What? | -天啊 -什么 |
[28:41] | The doctors just pronounced him brain-dead. | 医生刚宣布他脑死亡了 |
[28:43] | He’s on life support in the prison hospital. | 他在监狱医院里靠维生设备活着 |
[28:46] | He found a way to do it. That’s why we’re here. | 他早就下定决心了 所以才让我们这时来 |
[28:48] | I’ll call the hospital, tell them to let the transplant. | 我会打电话给医院 告诉他们准备移植 |
[28:50] | We’re gonna need to move the body immediately. | 我们需要立刻转移他的遗体 |
[28:52] | That’s not gonna happen. | 这不可能 |
[28:53] | Excuse me? | 为什么 |
[28:54] | as long as his heart’s still beating, he’s still my prisoner. | 只要他的心脏还在跳动 他就还归我管 |
[28:57] | He’s not going anywhere. | 他哪儿都别想去 |
[28:58] | Look, we have a very small window of opportunity here. | 听着 我们好不容易等到了这个机会 |
[29:00] | We have rules, and Aaron Howard tried to go around them. | 我们有规矩 艾伦·霍华德想打擦边球 |
[29:03] | I won’t let that happen. | 我不会让他得逞的 |
[29:05] | Warden, please. | 典狱长 求你了 |
[29:06] | If Tina Howard doesn’t get that heart, she’ll die. | 蒂娜·霍华德得不到那颗心脏的话 她会死的 |
[29:22] | Your honor, | 法官大人 |
[29:23] | Aaron Howard was pronounced brain-dead by prison physicians, | 狱医宣布艾伦·霍华德脑死亡 |
[29:25] | yet the warden refuses to release his body. | 然而典狱长拒绝释放他的尸体 |
[29:28] | As is his right, consistent with | 这是他的权力 |
[29:29] | the broad discretion accorded by the Department of Corrections. | 这与狱政局所给予的广泛权力一致 |
[29:32] | The warden still considers him a prisoner. | 典狱长仍然认定他为囚犯 |
[29:35] | Okay, fine. So, if that’s the case, | 好吧 既然如此 |
[29:36] | then we ask that you pardon Mr. Howard | 我们请求你赦免霍华德先生 |
[29:38] | and order his immediate release. | 下令立即释放他 |
[29:40] | What? | 什么 |
[29:40] | Did I stutter? | 我没结巴吧 |
[29:41] | Ms. Bingum, | 宾格温女士 |
[29:42] | only the governor has the power to grant a pardon. | 只有州长才有赦免的权力 |
[29:46] | Now, I’m sympathetic, | 我对此事表示同情 |
[29:47] | but unless you have a legal argument that falls within my purview, | 但除非你提出我管辖范围内的法律论据 |
[29:50] | there’s nothing I can do. | 否则我也帮不了忙 |
[29:54] | During Aaron Howard’s trial, | 艾伦·霍华德受审期间 |
[29:55] | the prosecution failed to turn over the death certificate for the victim. | 检方未提交受害者的死亡证明 |
[30:00] | Is this true? | 这是真的吗 |
[30:01] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[30:02] | But even if it were, | 即使真是这样 |
[30:03] | there’s no question that the victim died, your honor. | 受害者的死亡可是既成事实 法官大人 |
[30:05] | We move to appeal Aaron Howard’s conviction | 由于重要发现被保留 |
[30:07] | on the grounds that significant discovery was withheld. | 我们将申请对艾伦·霍华德的定罪提起上诉 |
[30:09] | We all know a missing death certificate is not significant. | 我们都知道死亡证明缺失并不重要 |
[30:12] | Come on. | 算了吧 |
[30:13] | Oh, i don’t know that. Ms. Kaswell, do you know that? | 我不知道这点 卡斯维女士 你知道吗 |
[30:14] | I do not. that’s why we have judges. | 我不知道 所以需要法官来定夺 |
[30:16] | I believe a question like this | 我相信这样的问题 |
[30:17] | does fall under a judge’s purview. | 确属您的管辖范围 |
[30:19] | Yes, it does. | 是的 没错 |
[30:22] | Motion granted. | 批准申请 |
[30:24] | You’ll be overturned. It’ll never stand up. | 你的判决会被推翻的 这站不住脚 |
[30:26] | Well, maybe not, but at least a life will have been saved. | 但这样至少救了条命 |
[30:30] | Release Aaron Howard. | 释放艾伦·霍华德 |
[30:35] | Mr. Kent, even if I were to accept | 肯特先生 即使我相信 |
[30:37] | where these boots were found, | 你找到这双靴子的地点 |
[30:39] | how are they relevant to proving your client’s innocence? | 它们与你委托人的无罪辩护有何关联 |
[30:41] | That will all be explained by my next witness — | 这将由我的下一名证人来解释 |
[30:44] | Ms. Deidre Hall. | 迪德丽·豪尔女士 |
[30:53] | Ms. Hall, was your house broken into | 豪尔女士 曾有人在2005年 |
[30:55] | on the night of June 12, 2005? | 6月12日闯入你的住宅吗 |
[30:57] | Yes, it was. | 是的 |
[30:59] | Was anything taken? | 有物品丢失吗 |
[31:00] | My custom-made ostrich-leather boots. | 我那双定做的鸵鸟皮靴子 |
[31:03] | Ms. Hall, are these your missing boots? | 豪尔女士 这是你丢失的靴子吗 |
[31:06] | Size 6. | 六号 |
[31:07] | They are. I love those boots. | 是的 我爱死这双靴子了 |
[31:11] | Your honor, I’d like to now enter into evidence | 法官大人 我想呈递证据 |
[31:14] | my client’s feet — size 8 1/2. | 我委托人八号半的双脚 |
[31:16] | Objection! Her feet? | 反对 她的双脚 |
[31:18] | It’s very simple. | 很简单 |
[31:19] | The A.D.A.’s entire case is based on my client | 此案成立的前提是副检察官认为我的委托人 |
[31:21] | entering Ms. Hall’s house | 闯入了豪尔女士的房子 |
[31:22] | and walking out wearing these boots. | 穿着这双靴子逃走 |
[31:24] | Let’s see if that’s possible. | 我们来看看这是否可能 |
[31:26] | I’ll allow it. | 我批准 |
[31:33] | I’m glad I got a pedicure. | 还好我做过美足了 |
[31:47] | Any day now, Ms. Barrett. | 用全力 巴奈特女士 |
[31:49] | I’m trying. | 我在尽力 |
[31:52] | This is nuts. | 这太疯狂了 |
[31:54] | Oh, stop it! You’ll destroy them! | 停 你快把它撑坏了 |
[31:57] | There you have it, your honor. | 你看 法官大人 |
[31:58] | Stacy Barrett couldn’t possibly wear these boots — | 史黛西·巴奈特穿不上这双靴子 |
[32:01] | Not now, not then. | 现在不能 当时也不能 |
[32:02] | It wasn’t her on the video, and it wasn’t her in the house. | 录像和房子里的人都不是她 |
[32:14] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[32:16] | I just talked with your doctor. | 我刚和医生谈过了 |
[32:17] | She said the operation was a “complete success,” | 她说手术”非常成功” |
[32:19] | and that is a direct quote. | 我一个字都没改 |
[32:22] | I don’t know how to thank you. I have no words. | 我真不知该如何感谢你 我词穷了 |
[32:34] | – I’ll check in on you later. – Okay. | -我过会儿再来看你 -好 |
[32:37] | I’m really sorry to interrupt. | 很抱歉打扰到你们 |
[32:38] | Oh, that’s okay. What’s going on? | 没关系 怎么了 |
[32:41] | Teri told me where to find you. | 泰丽告诉我你来医院了 |
[32:42] | I’m, uh… i’m on my way to the airport, | 我正在去机场的路上 |
[32:43] | but I had to come here first, | 但是我得先过来一趟 |
[32:45] | because I had to try one more time. | 因为我得再试一次 |
[32:46] | Owen. | 欧文 |
[32:47] | Please, let me finish. | 拜托 让我讲完 |
[32:49] | I did it all wrong, the way that I asked. | 我那天问你的方式不对 |
[32:52] | I told you about New Zealand, and then I invited you along, | 我先和你说了新西兰的事 然后才邀请你 |
[32:55] | like it was an afterthought, but it wasn’t. | 像是临时起意 但其实不是 |
[32:58] | From the moment I got the call, | 从我一接到电话开始 |
[32:59] | all I could think about was being there, together — | 我想到的画面就是 |
[33:02] | having everything that I love in my life in one place. | 我此生所爱全部聚于一地 |
[33:07] | Come with me. | 跟我走吧 |
[33:12] | It sounds amazing. | 听起来很棒 |
[33:13] | Then say yes. | 那就答应 |
[33:15] | I wish I could. | 我也想答应 |
[33:18] | But people depend on me here — | 但是这里有人需要我 |
[33:19] | Clients, friends, colleagues at work. | 客户 朋友 同事 |
[33:25] | My life is here. | 我的生活在这里 |
[33:28] | So, I-I can’t. | 所以 我不能答应 |
[33:34] | But I love that you asked. | 但我很高兴你邀请了我 |
[33:42] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我 |
[33:44] | I have news. | 我有消息告诉你 |
[33:46] | Oh, my god. You’re standing up. | 我的天呐 你站起来了 |
[33:47] | It’s bad news. I’m going to jail. | 肯定没好事 我要进监狱了 |
[33:49] | No, the judge held the A.D.A. | 不 法官只允许副检察官 |
[33:50] | to his original offer on the assault… | 对侵犯人身罪提起诉讼 |
[33:52] | …which is a long way of saying, | 简单来说就是 |
[33:55] | “you’re a free woman.” | “你自由了” |
[33:58] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[33:59] | – I know. – Oh, my god! | -是啊 -天哪 |
[34:01] | – I know. – Thank you so much! | -我懂 -太感谢你了 |
[34:26] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[34:30] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[34:31] | No, no. | 别这样 |
[34:34] | The last few days… | 过去几天里… |
[34:36] | Y-you’re so much like deb, and — and… | 你真的很像黛比 而且… |
[34:40] | When i’m with you, it’s like I’m with her. | 和你在一起 让我找回了当时的感觉 |
[34:44] | Grayson, listen to me. | 格雷森 听我说 |
[34:48] | I’m not Deb. | 我不是黛比 |
[34:57] | Jane is. | 简才是 |
[35:25] | Congratulations… | 祝贺你 |
[35:31] | Partner. | 合伙人 |
[35:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:37] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[35:38] | You’ve proven yourself a solid lawyer and a capable leader, | 你证明自己辩护过硬 领导有方 |
[35:42] | and that’s exactly what this firm needs. | 公司需要的就是你这样的人才 |
[35:44] | Especially now. | 尤其是现在 |
[35:47] | Wait. “Now”? | 为什么是现在 |
[35:51] | Elisa and Eric are gone. | 伊莉莎和艾瑞克走了 |
[35:53] | Went by the house. It’s cleared out. | 家里都搬空了 |
[35:55] | She has family in Chicago. | 她在芝加哥有家人 |
[35:58] | – I’m going after them. – To Chicago. | -我要去找他们 -远赴芝加哥 |
[36:03] | For how long? | 要去多久 |
[36:06] | However long it takes. | 听天由命 |
[36:10] | And while I’m away… | 我不在的时候 |
[36:13] | You’re in charge. | 就靠你主持大局了 |
[36:46] | Owen! Hi. | 欧文 |
[36:49] | Jane? | 简 |
[36:50] | I was afraid I was gonna miss you. | 我生怕和你错过了 |
[36:51] | You changed your mind. you raced down here. | 你改变主意了 你追过来了 |
[36:54] | You caught me just in the nick of time. | 你恰好在最后一刻赶上我 |
[36:55] | Th-this is like the end of a movie or something. | 这场景就像是电影大结局 |
[36:57] | Owen, you’re such an amazing guy. | 欧文 你人真好 |
[37:00] | And do you know how I know that? | 猜我是怎么知道的 |
[37:02] | Because you inspired me to follow my dream. | 因为是你启发我去追寻梦想 |
[37:05] | Which isn’t in New Zealand. | 你的梦想不在新西兰吧 |
[37:08] | Italy. | 是意大利 |
[37:10] | Italy. | 意大利 |
[37:11] | My plane leaves in 15 minutes. | 我的航班一刻钟后起飞 |
[37:13] | I’m gonna start fresh. You know, no baggage. | 我要重新开始 抛开包袱 |
[37:18] | Literally. | 就是表面意思 |
[37:19] | I mean, who needs old clothes when there’s | 米兰就有普拉达专卖店 |
[37:20] | a Prada outlet right outside Milan? | 谁还需要那些旧衣服啊 |
[37:25] | I’ll miss you, Jane. | 我会想你的 简 |
[37:27] | I’ll miss you, too. | 我也是 |
[37:43] | Bye. | 再见 |
[37:56] | Cutting it a little close, aren’t we? | 时间卡得太准了吧 |
[37:58] | They’re boarding. | 开始登机了 |
[37:59] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[38:00] | Teri showed me your text. | 泰丽给我看了你的短信 |
[38:02] | Something about sending a postcard from fashion week in Milan. | 说什么要从米兰寄明信片给她 |
[38:05] | Please, just don’t try and stop me. | 拜托 别劝我了 |
[38:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:09] | I’m happy for you, Jane. | 我真心替你高兴 简 |
[38:12] | You’re finally living your life. | 你终于活出了自己的人生 |
[38:14] | And besides, I’ve never been to Italy, so why not? | 反正我也没去过意大利 去趟又何妨 |
[38:17] | You’re not coming. | 你就不要跟来了 |
[38:19] | I have to do this on my own. | 我想独自旅行 |
[38:22] | Are you okay with that? | 你不介意吧 |
[38:25] | Actually, I am relieved. | 我还真松了口气呢 |
[38:29] | See, I have a little dream myself. | 我也有个小小的梦想 |
[38:32] | I am going to propose to Stacy. | 我要向史黛西求婚 |
[38:38] | How about “congratulations, Fred”? | 为什么不恭喜我 |
[38:40] | Fred, I have to tell you something… | 弗雷德 我要告诉你一件事 |
[38:44] | and i-it’s gonna hurt. | 这事很伤人 |
[38:47] | I saw Grayson and Stacy kissing in the office. | 我看见格雷森和史黛西在办公室接吻 |
[38:52] | No! No! | 不 怎么会 |
[38:53] | Stacy told Teri how much she loved me. | 史黛西跟泰丽说过她很爱我 |
[38:55] | I-i was there. I-i heard it. | 我也在场 亲耳听到的 |
[38:57] | You know, I should have seen this coming. | 其实 我早该猜到的 |
[39:00] | Stacy really is Grayson’s type. | 史黛西才是格雷森的型 |
[39:02] | I mean, I should know. I used to be. | 她和以前的我太像了 |
[39:11] | What do I do now? | 我现在该怎么办 |
[39:14] | Well, um, | 这个… |
[39:15] | Look, there’s a whole world out there, Fred. | 外面的世界很精彩 弗雷德 |
[39:19] | Take your pick. | 选个地方吧 |
[39:20] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[39:21] | this is the final boarding call for flight 543 to Milan. | 飞往米兰的543号航班 最后一次登机提醒 |
[39:25] | Okay, that’s me. I got to go. | 那是我的航班 我要走了 |
[39:28] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[39:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:58] | Wait, wait! That’s my flight! | 等一下 我还没登机 |
[39:59] | Sorry, sir, the door has closed. | 抱歉先生 机舱门已关闭 |
[40:01] | No, you don’t understand. Look, I have a ticket. | 你不明白 我有机票的 |
[40:02] | You need to get me on that plane. Please. | 一定要让我登机 拜托了 |
[40:06] | Let me see what I can do. | 我来想想办法 |
[40:30] | Buongiorno. | 打扰 |
[40:33] | Is this seat taken? | 这位子有人吗 |
[40:44] | I’m sorry. you’re too late. | 抱歉 您来迟了 |
[40:56] | But what about the America’s Cup? | 那美洲杯帆船赛怎么办 |
[40:58] | I can sail on a boat any day of the year. | 想坐船哪天都可以 |
[41:01] | How often am I gonna get a chance to see Italy with you? | 但和你同游意大利 这机会不常有 |
[41:05] | If…you’re okay with it. | 只要你愿意 |
[41:09] | I am very much okay with it. | 我愿意得不得了呢 |
[41:25] | Addio vecchia vita. | 告别昨日人生 |
[41:28] | Arresto seguente, Italia. | 在意大利驻足 |