时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:05] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:08] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Fred. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西和我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | And, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:38] | I can’t believe it.I got a print solo. | 我简直不敢相信 我自己独占了一页 |
[00:41] | Well, Deb did. | 是黛比独占了一页 |
[00:43] | Like I said… | 我说什么来着 |
[00:45] | Oh, of course. It’s amazing. | 当然了 非常了不起 |
[00:46] | You totally make me want to gamble and eat shrimp. | 你绝对挑起了我想要赌博和吃虾的欲望 |
[00:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:50] | That is so sweet. | 你嘴太甜了 |
[00:52] | So, when did you shoot it? | 你是什么时候拍的 |
[00:54] | It’s from that session I did with Javier. | 就是那次哈维尔给我拍的 |
[00:56] | He must have sold the photo to Sierra Casino. | 他肯定是把照片卖给了塞拉赌场 |
[00:59] | – You know who’s gonna love this? – Who? | -知道谁会喜欢这张照片吗 -谁 |
[01:00] | Grayson. I can’t wait to show him. | 格雷森 我已经等不及要给他看了 |
[01:06] | What are you writing? | 你在写什么 |
[01:07] | A little note for Fred. | 给弗雷德的小便条 |
[01:08] | I put them in his lunch every day. | 我每天都把便条放在他的便当里 |
[01:10] | Aww, my mom used to do the same thing. | 我妈也曾经为我做过这种事 |
[01:14] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[01:16] | Stacy, why did you let me oversleep? | 史黛西 你怎么不早点叫我 |
[01:19] | I get up with the sun, Fred. | 弗雷德 一出太阳我就起了 |
[01:21] | You need to set an alarm. | 你得自己设闹铃 |
[01:23] | I’m gonna miss the bus. | 我要赶不上公车了 |
[01:24] | Not if you hurry. | 动作快点就能赶上 |
[01:26] | Peanut butter and jelly again? | 又是花生酱和果冻 |
[01:29] | And where’s the note? | 便条在哪里 |
[01:30] | I am not your mother! | 我可不是你妈 |
[01:37] | If we don’t have to talk about what just happened, | 如果你不和我谈论刚刚发生的事情 |
[01:39] | I’ll give you a ride to the office. | 那我愿意载你去上班 |
[01:50] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[01:52] | – Hey, Jane. – Hi. | -嗨 简 -嗨 |
[01:53] | So, you’ve seen the “LA Weekly.” | 你已经看了这期的《洛杉矶周刊》了 |
[01:55] | Yeah. Deb’s ad for Sierra Casino. | 对 有黛比给塞拉赌场做的广告 |
[01:57] | It’s demeaning and offensive. | 既掉身价 又惹人讨厌 |
[02:00] | – What? – No, no. Not to mention — | -什么 不 不 -更别说 |
[02:01] | they didn’t have permission to use the photograph. | 他们根本没权利用这张照片 |
[02:03] | Oh, no, I’m sure they did. | 不 他们肯定有 |
[02:05] | I reviewed all of Deb’s contracts. | 我审阅过黛比所有的合同 |
[02:06] | Trust me — I’d know if she agreed | 如果她同意 |
[02:08] | to promote “Home of the Bottomless Shrimp Cocktail.” | 为”春光乍泄鸡尾酒虾之家”代言 我肯定知道 |
[02:12] | I’m gonna fight this. | 我要告他们 |
[02:20] | Good morning! | 早上好 |
[02:23] | – Hi. – Hi. Oh, my god. | -早 -天啊 |
[02:24] | W-what are you doing to my contract with Javier? | 你对我和哈维尔签的合同做了什么 |
[02:26] | There’s no way you can sign this. | 你绝对不能签这份合同 |
[02:27] | Of course I can. It’s for my shoot tomorrow. | 怎么不能签 这是为我明天拍摄准备的合同 |
[02:30] | Deb, this contract grants him perpetual rights. | 黛比 这份合同赋予了他永久性的权利 |
[02:32] | – Do you know what that means? – Yes. | -你知道这意味着什么吗 -知道 |
[02:36] | No. | 不知道 |
[02:36] | It means he owns every picture he takes of you, | 意味着他为你拍摄的所有照片都归他所有 |
[02:39] | from now till the end of time. | 从现在开始到世界末日 |
[02:40] | All you get are copies for yourself. | 你只能拿到自己照片的副本 |
[02:42] | I know. It’s fantastic — free photos. | 我知道 多赞啊 有免费的相片可拿 |
[02:44] | Look, everyone else signs these contracts. | 其他人都签了 |
[02:47] | Hey, I just want you to protect yourself. | 我只是希望你能维护自己的权利 |
[02:49] | But when they see this — | 但当他们看到这个… |
[02:50] | Think how much more they’re gonna respect you. | 不签的话 他们会更尊重你的权利 |
[02:53] | Come on, Deb. I know what I’m doing. | 得了 黛比 听我的没错 |
[02:56] | I don’t know what I’d do without you. | 没了你我该怎么办 |
[03:02] | Hey, Stace. | 嗨 史黛西 |
[03:04] | Did Grayson see the ad? | 格雷森看到那广告了吗 |
[03:05] | Oh, yeah, he saw it, | 对 他看到了 |
[03:06] | Through his lawyerly, overprotective eyes. | 用他那双律师的毒眼看到的 |
[03:09] | Stacy, he says he thinks it’s demeaning. | 史黛西 他觉得拍那个广告很掉身价 |
[03:11] | Oh! As if. You look smokin’ hot. | 才怪 你看上去性感得一塌糊涂 |
[03:14] | Grayson’s problem is that | 格雷森的问题就在于 |
[03:15] | – he’s always been a little too… – Oh, my god! | -他总是有那么一点点… -天啊 |
[03:18] | Stacy, my mom’s in the office! | 史黛西 我妈在办公室里 |
[03:20] | Which one — Deb’s mom or Jane’s mom? | 哪个妈 黛比还是简的妈妈 |
[03:22] | No, Deb’s mom — my mom — is in the office — Bobbi. | 是黛比的妈妈 我妈波比就在办公室里 |
[03:25] | I’m gonna go say hello to her. | 我要去和她打个招呼 |
[03:28] | Jane, are you okay? | 简 你还好吗 |
[03:29] | You need to see this. | 你得看看这个 |
[03:30] | Hold on, Stacy. What are you doing? | 等一下史黛西 你要干什么 |
[03:31] | A passenger went bonkers and triggered the emergency slide. | 一名乘客突然发疯 造成了紧急迫降 |
[03:34] | They’re showing the replay now. | 他们正在播回放 |
[03:35] | – Teri, I’m on the phone. – Wait for it. | -泰丽 我在讲电话 -等一下再打 |
[03:38] | Breaking news from Los Angeles international airport, | 洛杉矶国际机场发来的头条新闻 |
[03:39] | where passenger Elaine Bingum was arrested this morning… | 伊莱恩·宾格温在机场被捕 |
[03:41] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[03:42] | …following her unscheduled departure. | 这是因她临时下机而造成的 |
[03:44] | My mom’s on the news. | 我妈上新闻了 |
[03:46] | I thought she was in the office. | 你不是说她在办公室里吗 |
[03:49] | She is. Deb’s mom is in the office. | 黛比的妈妈的确在办公室里 |
[03:51] | Jane’s mom is on TV. I got to go. | 简的妈妈上了电视 我得挂了 |
[03:55] | So, this isn’t live, is it? | 这不是直播吧 |
[03:57] | No, it happened 30 minutes ago. | 不是 这是30分钟之前的事了 |
[03:58] | Which means I’m gonna get a call from the jail any minute. | 也就是说我随时会接到监狱的电话 |
[04:03] | Ms. Bingum’s office. | 这里是宾格温小姐的办公室 |
[04:04] | Yes, she is, officer. | 是的 她在 警官 |
[04:12] | Tell them I’m on my way. | 告诉他们我在路上了 |
[04:13] | She’s on her way. | 她马上就到 |
[04:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:25] | Janie. | 简宝 |
[04:25] | Are you off your meds again? | 你又停药了吗 |
[04:27] | Nice to see you, too, dear. | 见到你我也很高兴 亲爱的 |
[04:28] | And, no, I haven’t missed a day. | 不 我每天都吃 |
[04:30] | Okay. Then what happened? | 好吧 那你是怎么回事 |
[04:32] | We were trapped in that tin can for almost six hours — | 我们被困在那铁皮罐头里快六个小时了 |
[04:35] | Crying babies, crying parents, | 小孩哭 大人闹 |
[04:37] | and don’t even get me started about the smell. | 里面的味道就更别提了 |
[04:40] | – Where’s dad? – On a fishing boat in Mexico. | -老爸呢 -在墨西哥钓鱼呢 |
[04:43] | We took separate vacations. | 我们分开旅行了 |
[04:44] | Oh, don’t worry — it’s not like that. | 别担心 不是你想的那样 |
[04:46] | It’s just he wanted Baja. I wanted Branson. | 萝卜青菜各有所爱而已 |
[04:49] | Did you know Andy Williams has his own theater? | 你知不知道安迪·威廉姆斯开了自己的剧院 |
[04:51] | Focus. Mom, these are federal charges. | 说重点 妈 你面临的可是联邦指控 |
[04:54] | – You are in real trouble. – Oh, come on. | -你惹上大麻烦了 -得了 |
[04:56] | How bad could it be? | 能有多糟呢 |
[04:58] | “Interfering with a flight crew, criminal tampering, | “妨碍并恶意干涉机组人员正常工作 |
[05:01] | reckless endangerment.” | 陷机组于危险之中” |
[05:02] | Do we have a plea? | 要进行辩护吗 |
[05:03] | Not guilty. And I ask that my client | 无罪 我申请在我的委托人 |
[05:05] | be released on her own recognizance. | 自行缴纳保释金之后立即获释 |
[05:07] | The government requests $200,000 bail. | 政府要求其上缴20万元保释金 |
[05:09] | $200,000?! | 20万 |
[05:10] | For opening a door?! | 就因为开了扇门 |
[05:12] | The defendant shut down an international airport, | 被告的行为导致国际机场被关闭 |
[05:15] | triggering a Homeland Security response. | 并触发了国土安全警报 |
[05:17] | Well, Homeland Security | 国土安全局 |
[05:18] | should have spent that money rescuing my client, | 应该把钱花在营救我的委托人身上 |
[05:20] | who was held hostage by Eastwest Airlines. | 她当时被东西航空公司困在飞机之内 |
[05:22] | And $9 for a sandwich in the terminal — | 航站楼里的三明治居然卖九美元 |
[05:25] | – Now, that’s the real crime. – Okay. | -那才是真正的罪行啊 -好吧 |
[05:27] | The charges are serious, | 指控合理 |
[05:29] | but the government appears to be overreaching on bail. | 但政府索要的保释金过高 |
[05:32] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢您的明断 法官大人 |
[05:33] | $10,000, cash or bond. | 保释金一万美元 现金债券均可 |
[05:41] | You want me to sue the casino over this ad? | 你想让我就这则广告起诉赌场吗 |
[05:43] | They’re exploiting Deb’s image. | 他们滥用了黛比的肖像 |
[05:45] | And they think they can get away with it | 以为没人保护她 |
[05:46] | – because there’s no one to protect her, but… – They’re wrong. | -就能逃脱惩罚 但… -他们想错了 |
[05:49] | I don’t have standing to sue because we were never married. | 我们不是夫妻 所以我无法代她提起上诉 |
[05:52] | As her mother, you do. | 你是她母亲 你可以 |
[05:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:57] | If this is what you want… | 如果你心意已决 |
[05:59] | let’s sue the bastards. | 那我们就去告那群杂种吧 |
[06:01] | My favorite four words “let’s sue the bastards” | 我最喜欢听这句了 “我们去告那群杂种吧” |
[06:04] | Bobbi, this is Jay Parker. | 波比 这位是杰·帕克 |
[06:06] | Of “Harrison &.” | 就是哈里森·帕克事务所的帕克 |
[06:08] | Of course. I’m Bobbi Dobkins. | 你好 我是波比·德普金丝 |
[06:10] | I trust Grayayson’s taking good care of you. | 我想格雷森一定对你照顾有加 |
[06:13] | Oh, yeah, he’s the best. | 是的 他可好了 |
[06:14] | That’s why I hired him. | 所以我才雇了他 |
[06:16] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[06:21] | Anyway, uh, feel free to call me directly | 总之 无论你有任何需要 |
[06:23] | if you need anything at all. | 都可以打电话给我 |
[06:26] | I will do that. | 我会的 |
[06:33] | Fred, what are you doing? | 弗雷德 你在干什么 |
[06:34] | The Barnard Liquors contract isn’t gonna redline itself. | 你还没给巴纳德酒业的合同划重点呢 |
[06:37] | Stacy yelled at me. | 史黛西吼了我 |
[06:39] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[06:40] | She said she’s not my mother. What do you think she means? | 她说她不是我老妈 这是什么意思 |
[06:44] | Well, not a lot to decipher there. | 这有什么不明白的 |
[06:46] | She doesn’t want to take care of you. | 她不想像妈一样照顾你 |
[06:48] | This happens in relationships where the woman | 在女方占主导地位的两性关系中 |
[06:50] | is the Alpha Personality. | 这种情况很常见 |
[06:51] | Trust me — I’ve been there. | 相信我 我是过来人 |
[06:52] | So, what can I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[06:54] | Before Stacy, you were your own man, right? | 遇见史黛西之前 你是个独立自主的人 对吗 |
[06:56] | I mean, you had interests and hobbies. | 就是说 你有自己的兴趣爱好 |
[06:58] | Right, yeah — I-interests, hobbies. | 没错 算有点兴趣爱好 |
[07:01] | Now you’re just a satellite | 可是现在你只是个 |
[07:02] | revolving around Planet Stacy. | 绕着史黛西转的小卫星 |
[07:04] | Okay. How do I break her gravitational pull? | 好吧 那我怎么能挣脱她的地心引力呢 |
[07:07] | Don’t let her mother you. Be your own man. | 别让她照顾你 凡是自己做主 |
[07:10] | Sometimes, just the threat of pulling away | 有时候 若即若离 |
[07:11] | makes a woman want you more. | 会让女人更想得到你 |
[07:14] | – Oh, one more thing. – Yeah? | -还有件事 -请讲 |
[07:16] | Redline the contracts by lunch | 午餐之前把合同重点划好 |
[07:17] | or hire me a new assistant. | 不然你就等着被炒吧 |
[07:25] | I don’t know how to thank you, Janie. | 我不知道怎么谢你 简 |
[07:26] | Just don’t get into any more trouble while you’re here. | 别再给我惹麻烦就好 |
[07:29] | Well, it’s nice to see you, | 不管怎样 |
[07:30] | no matter what the circumstances. | 还是很高兴见到你 |
[07:32] | – Maybe it’s fate. – Nope. | -也许这是天意 -不 |
[07:34] | A federal offense — not fate. | 这是联邦政府的过错 不是天意 |
[07:37] | Hey, how about lunch? | 一起吃午餐怎么样 |
[07:38] | The in-flight magazine | 飞机上的杂志介绍说 |
[07:40] | mentioned this great shabu-shabu place in Little Tokyo. | 小东京有家很不错的日式火锅店 |
[07:43] | Oh, I can’t today. | 今天不行 |
[07:43] | There’s somebody at the office I really need to see. | 我得回办公室见个人 |
[07:48] | But, um, I’ll — I’ll see you tonight. | 但我们晚上就能见面了 |
[07:52] | Okay, here. Why don’t you take a cab? | 你坐出租车回家吧 |
[07:54] | And I’ll be home by 7:00, okay? | 我七点就到家 好吗 |
[07:57] | Make it $40. | 给我四十块 |
[07:58] | If the cab doesn’t smell, I like to tip. | 如果车上没臭味 我想给点小费 |
[08:02] | On behalf of Sierra casino, | 我代表塞拉赌场 |
[08:03] | we reject your cease-and-desist letter. | 拒绝接受你的禁止函 |
[08:06] | We’re also pursuing a claim of unjust enrichment. | 我们还提起了不正当得利的诉讼 |
[08:08] | There’s been no breach of contract, | 我们没有违约 |
[08:10] | – and, therefore, no unjust enrichment. – Not true. | -所以这不算是不正当得利 -不是这样的 |
[08:12] | – Oh, I’m sorry. I thought the room was free. – Hi, Jane. | -不好意思 我以为这里没人 -你好 简 |
[08:15] | Hi, Bobbi. | 你好 波比 |
[08:17] | What a surprise. | 真没想到 |
[08:22] | Well, now, what’s going on here? | 出什么事了 |
[08:24] | We are suing Sierra casino | 我们在起诉塞拉赌场 |
[08:26] | to stop using Deb in their advertising. | 要求在广告中停止使用黛比的照片 |
[08:29] | Why — why would you do that? | 你为什么要起诉 |
[08:33] | Without me? | 居然不叫上我 |
[08:35] | Grayson, I am here to help. | 格里森 我是来帮忙的 |
[08:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:43] | Jane handled an intellectual-property case for us last month. | 上个月 简帮我们处理了一起知识产权案件 |
[08:47] | We are happy to have her on board. | 我们很高兴她来助一臂之力 |
[08:49] | Actually, we’re done. | 其实 不用谈了 |
[08:50] | There’s no merit to your request. | 你的起诉不会有结果的 |
[08:52] | You used a photograph of Deb Dobkins without consent. | 你们未经黛比·德普金丝同意就用了她的照片 |
[08:55] | My client bought that picture directly from the photographer. | 我的委托人是从摄影师那里直接买过来的 |
[08:59] | Javier. | 哈维尔 |
[09:01] | I recognize his work. | 我看得出是他的作品 |
[09:03] | He had no right to sell it. | 他没有权利卖照片 |
[09:04] | Javier had a standard contract with the model | 哈维尔和模特签有标准合约 |
[09:06] | all rights in perpetuity, which he, in turn, signed over to us. | 他持有永久性权利 并且还转签给了我们 |
[09:10] | Okay, well, I guess that’s that. | 我想是的 |
[09:14] | I’m familiar with the contract. | 我很熟悉那份合约 |
[09:16] | It had significant limitations. | 里面有很明确的限制条件 |
[09:18] | Let’s take a look, shall we? | 我们来看看好吗 |
[09:24] | I love him, Stacy, but he’s out of control. | 史黛西 我爱他 但是他失控了 |
[09:27] | Look, he lawyered all over it. | 看 他把这个改得面目全非 |
[09:29] | You can’t give that to Javier. He’ll replace you. | 你不能就这样拿给哈维尔 他会换掉你的 |
[09:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:33] | You’re gonna get a bad reputation — and not the good kind. | 到时候你会名誉扫地 那可没什么好处 |
[09:35] | You’ll be the crazy model | 人们会骂你是个神经病模特 |
[09:37] | with the crazier lawyer boyfriend. | 还有个更神经病的律师男友 |
[09:38] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[09:41] | Tell Grayson that you appreciate his concern, but… | 告诉格里森你很感激他的关心 但是… |
[09:45] | Oh, no. No. I-I don’t like confrontation. | 不 我不想当面和他吵 |
[09:47] | It gives you premature frown lines. | 会提早长皱纹的 |
[09:49] | Oh, all right. Well… | 好吧 |
[09:52] | …then I have three words for you — | 那我就有三字箴言送你 |
[09:55] | “li-quid paper.” | “涂 改 液” |
[10:03] | I’m pretty certain | 我敢肯定 |
[10:04] | Deb didn’t wite-out the changes I made to this contract. | 黛比没把我修改的部分涂掉 |
[10:06] | Actually, I think she did. | 其实 我觉得她改了 |
[10:09] | Her initials are beside every bit of wite-out. | 每处涂改旁边都有黛比的首字母草签 |
[10:14] | The ad tested well. | 广告的反响很不错 |
[10:17] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:17] | It’s going to remain the centerpiece | 赌场新一轮的宣传 |
[10:19] | of the casino’s new campaign. | 将继续拿这幅照片当主画面 |
[10:21] | And… | 那么… |
[10:22] | now we’re done. | 现在我们谈完了 |
[10:33] | Fred, can you be a love and go to the store for me? | 弗雷德 亲爱的 能帮我跑一趟商店吗 |
[10:36] | The girls are coming over for “The bachelor and bubbly”, | 闺蜜们要过来边喝香槟边看《钻石王老五》 |
[10:38] | but we’re out of champagne. | 但是香槟喝完了 |
[10:39] | Tonight? No. No, no, no, no. I can’t. | 今晚吗 不行 我不能去 |
[10:41] | I’m — I’m watching a… | 我要看一个… |
[10:43] | a history channel documentary on beer. | 历史频道关于啤酒的纪录片 |
[10:46] | I don’t think so. | 那可不行 |
[10:48] | There’s only one TV, and you don’t even like beer. | 你不可能跟我抢电视 而且你也不爱喝啤酒 |
[10:50] | You’re a white-wine-spritzer guy. | 你只爱白葡萄汽酒 |
[10:53] | Well, not anymore. | 我变了 |
[10:55] | In fact, I’m learning how to brew my own beer. | 事实上 我在学习自己酿制啤酒 |
[10:58] | It’s my new hobby. | 这是我的新爱好 |
[10:59] | Where do you think you’re going to brew beer? | 你想到哪里酿啤酒呢 |
[11:01] | In the laundry room. | 洗衣房 |
[11:03] | There’s no space in the laundry room. | 洗衣房里没地方了 |
[11:06] | Okay, you know something, Stacy? | 你知道吗 史黛西 |
[11:07] | I am losing myself in this relationship. | 我在这段感情里失去了自我 |
[11:12] | – What? – Yeah, yeah. | -什么 -对 |
[11:12] | I’m — I’m not just a satellite revolving around planet Stacy. | 我不能像卫星似的时时刻刻都围着你转 |
[11:19] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[11:20] | Did I mumble? | 我说得不够清楚吗 |
[11:22] | I-I’m my own man, Stacy. | 我要自己做主 史黛西 |
[11:24] | Well, if you’re your own man, | 你要是想自己做主 |
[11:25] | maybe you should get your own place. | 那怎么不自己找地方住 |
[11:27] | Well, maybe I will! | 我会找的 |
[11:39] | Jane, so sorry to interrupt. | 简 抱歉打扰你一下 |
[11:41] | Wait. You’re never sorry unless you’ve got bad news. | 等等 你有坏消息时才会先说”抱歉” |
[11:43] | My mom was watching CNN, and it turns out | 我妈在CNN上看到 |
[11:45] | your mom is about to be interviewed by Nancy Grace. | 你妈准备接受南希·格蕾丝的采访 |
[11:48] | No, no, no, no. | 不是吧 |
[11:49] | Yes, yes, yes. Live, in studio — | 确实是 而且是演播室直播节目 |
[11:51] | The “Mad As Hell” Passenger From Flight 82. | 标题是《82号航班上的疯狂乘客》 |
[11:53] | But she’s at my house. | 但她现在在我家 |
[11:55] | No, I just called your house. | 我给你家打过电话 没人接 |
[11:55] | She isn’t picking up her cell, either. | 打她手机也没接 |
[11:57] | Turn on the TV. | 把电视打开吧 |
[12:01] | Some people refer to Elaine Bingum as “A Folk Hero”. | 有人将伊莱恩·宾格温称为”草根英雄” |
[12:05] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[12:06] | Elaine, “Folk Hero” — yes, no, maybe? | 伊莱恩 你同意这个说法吗 |
[12:09] | Well, actually, I just did the right thing. | 其实我只是做了该做的事 |
[12:12] | I knew the minute I went down that slide | 我从应急滑梯上滑下的那一刻就知道 |
[12:14] | that the airplane doors would open | 飞机舱门必将打开 |
[12:16] | and let the captives free. | 使被禁锢的乘客们获得自由 |
[12:18] | You were arrested. | 你因此被捕 |
[12:19] | Yes, I know, but so was Paul Revere. | 是啊 当年保尔·瑞维尔也有相同的遭遇 |
[12:23] | Nancy, between the two of us, | 南希 偷偷告诉你 |
[12:25] | it isn’t the first time for me. | 我不是第一次受到这种待遇了 |
[12:27] | Are you telling me that you are a repeat offender? | 你是说你是惯犯吗 |
[12:31] | Shoplifting, trespass, arson — | 入店行窃 私闯民宅 纵火 |
[12:33] | oh, and I almost forgot indecent exposure. | 差点忘了 还有露阴 |
[12:37] | Oh, my god! Stop talking! | 我的天 别说了 |
[12:38] | But this time, little girl, you’ve got a bigger problem. | 但这次你的麻烦要大得多 |
[12:39] | Aren’t you a little afraid? | 你一点都不害怕吗 |
[12:41] | I’m worried, but my daughter is representing me. | 是有点不安 但我女儿将担任我的律师 |
[12:45] | Her name is Jane. She’s my rock. | 她叫简 她是我的坚强后盾 |
[12:47] | And I just have to say, to all you eligible men out there, | 我还要对广大适龄男青年说一句 |
[12:50] | she’s single. | 她还单身呢 |
[12:53] | She’s pimping you out on national TV. | 她在全国性电视节目上帮你征婚了 |
[12:55] | Good to know. | 真不错 |
[12:56] | We’ll be right back | 广告过后 |
[12:57] | with “Folk Hero” Elaine Bingum. | 继续走近”草根英雄”伊莱恩·宾格温 |
[12:59] | Okay. I-I have to get down there. | 天哪 我得马上过去 |
[13:01] | Any potential juror watching this is gonna think she’s… | 要是被未来的陪审员看到 肯定认为她… |
[13:03] | – Eccentric? – Completely nuts. | -是个怪人吗 -完全是个疯子 |
[13:05] | She might as well skip the trial and go right to jail. | 恐怕她都不用受审 就可以直接进监狱 |
[13:11] | Have you seen Elaine? | 你看见伊莱恩了吗 |
[13:13] | She went speed-walking. | 她出去竞走健身了 |
[13:14] | Apparently, it’s good for the hips. | 有助于减掉臀部脂肪 |
[13:16] | By the way, I think she’s a little peeved at you. | 而且我觉得她生你气了 |
[13:19] | Yeah, ’cause I yelled at her for going on national TV | 对 她未经我允许就上了全国性电视节目 |
[13:21] | without my permission. | 所以我吼了她 |
[13:24] | Oh, my god. | 我的天哪 |
[13:25] | Sweetie, you eating a bagel? | 亲爱的 你竟然在吃百吉面包 |
[13:27] | Oh, it’s my second one. | 这已经是第二个了 |
[13:30] | I’m so upset. | 我非常不安 |
[13:32] | I got in a fight with Fred, | 我和弗雷德吵了一架 |
[13:34] | and I think he moved out. | 他大概搬出去住了 |
[13:35] | What? | 什么 |
[13:36] | He said something about not wanting to watch “The Bachelor” | 他说什么不想看《钻石王老五》 |
[13:39] | and brewing beer and being his own man, | 要自酿啤酒 还要自己做主 |
[13:40] | and then the door slammed. | 然后就摔门而去了 |
[13:43] | That’s — that’s interesting. | 真有意思 |
[13:44] | Oh, my god. You think this is my fault? | 天哪 你不会认为是我的问题吧 |
[13:47] | No, it’s just — well, I mean, yesterday, | 不是 只不过 我是说昨天 |
[13:49] | you didn’t like that he was acting like a little boy. | 你嫌弃他孩子气 |
[13:52] | And today, you don’t like that he’s acting like a man. | 今天你又嫌他纯爷们儿 |
[13:54] | I mean, it’s really just a theory, | 我个人有个想法 |
[13:56] | but maybe you gave him mixed messages. | 可能你传递给他的信息很混乱 |
[13:58] | Well, I just want him back. | 我只希望他能回来 |
[14:01] | If you want my advice, just go tell him you’re sorry. | 你要是听我的 就去跟他认错 |
[14:04] | Well, that is a great idea. | 这主意真棒 |
[14:06] | I will pack him a lunch | 我给他送午餐 |
[14:07] | with a note and a very clear message. | 放一张字条 把明确的信息传递给他 |
[14:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[14:11] | Mom, I’m sorry I yelled at you. | 妈 对不起我冲你嚷嚷了 |
[14:14] | It’s fine, dear. | 没关系 宝贝 |
[14:16] | You missed a fantabulous walk. | 你错过了对身体有益的快走运动 |
[14:19] | Look at me. | 看看我 |
[14:20] | I have the hips of a 26-year-old | 我这美臀跟26岁似的 |
[14:22] | and the buns of a bobcat. | 翘得跟山猫一样 |
[14:25] | Are we ready for court? | 准备好出庭了吗 |
[14:26] | Uh, I am, but you need to shower and change. | 我准备好了 但你得洗澡换换衣服 |
[14:29] | But Stacy will give you a lift to the office. | 史黛西会送你去律所 |
[14:35] | I heard that! | 我听见了 |
[14:58] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你在这干嘛呢 |
[15:00] | Um, you know how you said | 你不是说 |
[15:02] | I needed to stake out my own turf? | 我应该打出自己的一片天地吗 |
[15:04] | No, no, no — not on my couch. | 那也不能睡我沙发上啊 |
[15:07] | I can’t afford my own place. | 我一个人租不起房子 |
[15:08] | So get a roommate. | 那就跟别人合租 |
[15:09] | Unless you gave me a raise, | 除非你给我涨工资 |
[15:11] | I would need like nine roommates. | 不然十个我都租不起 |
[15:12] | Well, you can’t stay here. | 你不能在这儿住 |
[15:13] | Look, I’m following your advice, | 我都是听了你的建议才这么做的 |
[15:15] | but if it’s gonna work, I need your support. | 你得支持我 我才能成功 |
[15:19] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:21] | I have a client. He owns a shipping company. | 我有个委托人经营一家航运公司 |
[15:23] | Six months out of the year, he’s in Europe. | 一年里有半年都在欧洲 |
[15:25] | He needs a house sitter. | 他需要别人帮他看房子 |
[15:26] | I could do that. | 这活儿我能干 |
[15:28] | Um, okay. | 好吧 |
[15:29] | I will put his number on your desk. | 我把他的电话号码放在你办公桌上 |
[15:32] | Wait for me to leave the room, and then… | 等我离开这个房间 |
[15:35] | put on your pants. | 你赶紧把裤子穿上 |
[15:41] | – Jane, good morning. – Morning. | -简 早上好 -早上好 |
[15:43] | The AUSA just faxed over a witness list. | 联邦检察官刚把证人名单传真过来 |
[15:45] | It’s got every passenger from Flight 82, | 上面有82号航班的全体乘客 |
[15:47] | as well as seven crew members | 和七名空服人员 |
[15:48] | and all airport employees with access to the plane. | 以及登机口处所有机场工作人员的名字 |
[15:51] | They’re trying to bury us. | 他们想累死我们 |
[15:52] | There’s no way I can prep for this many witnesses. | 我不可能预先准备这么多证人的材料 |
[15:56] | Wait. Teri, do you have the flight manifest? | 等等 泰丽 你有航班名单吗 |
[16:01] | The manifest has eight crew members, | 航班名单上显示有八位空服人员 |
[16:03] | and the witness list has seven. | 证人名单上却只有七位 |
[16:05] | Can you find… | 你能查一下… |
[16:09] | Jane? | 简 |
[16:12] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[16:13] | Can you find out why the AUSA left a flight attendant | 帮我查查联邦检察官为什么要把一名空服人员 |
[16:15] | off the witness list? | 排除在证人名单外 |
[16:17] | And when my mom gets here, just put her in my office. | 等我妈来了 让她去我办公室待着 |
[16:20] | Done and done. | 两件事都没问题 |
[16:25] | Hey, you’re back. | 你回来了 |
[16:27] | We’re re-strategizing. | 我们在重新制订策略 |
[16:28] | We are? O-okay. | 是吗 好的 |
[16:31] | There’s a loophole in Deb’s contract. | 黛比的合同里有个漏洞 |
[16:32] | It expressly forbids significant alterations or manipulations. | 合同中明文禁止对照片进行明显的修改 |
[16:36] | Grayson, that’s pretty standard. | 格雷森 这就是她本人的模样 |
[16:38] | I mean, is there anything else that we can… | 我是说 有没有别的可以… |
[16:40] | I found the original photo in Deb’s portfolio. | 我在黛比的文件夹里找到了原始照片 |
[16:42] | You can see the ad has been photoshopped. | 可以看出广告用的照片是PS过的 |
[16:44] | They added earrings, changed her dress. | 添了耳环 换了裙子 |
[16:46] | They whitened her teeth. | 还把牙P白了 |
[16:47] | Well, it — it just doesn’t seem that significant, | 这个…其实也没有明显的修改啦 |
[16:49] | And — and her teeth really were that white. | 她的牙齿本来就那么白 |
[16:52] | I’ve seen other photos. | 我看过她其它的照片 |
[16:54] | Well, “significant” is subjective. | “明显”这个词是有点主观 |
[17:00] | Okay, well, thank you, Grayson. | 那就这样 谢谢你了 格雷森 |
[17:02] | But I should go. I have lunch plans. | 我该走了 我午餐有约了 |
[17:04] | Oh, have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[17:12] | Bobbi? | 波比 |
[17:14] | – Can I ask you something? – Sure. | -能问你点事吗 -当然 |
[17:16] | Do you think that Deb would have had a problem with the ad? | 你觉得黛比会介意这个广告吗 |
[17:20] | I mean, you were her mom. | 你是她母亲 你应该最了解 |
[17:22] | Grayson’s the man she loved, and I see how much | 格雷森是她的挚爱 我也看得出他想保护黛比 |
[17:25] | he wants to protect Deb and keep her memory alive. | 努力想留住关于黛比的回忆 |
[17:28] | What mother could say no to that? | 哪个母亲能忍心拂了他的好意 |
[17:30] | Honey, who’s your friend? | 宝贝 你这位朋友是谁 |
[17:34] | Bobbi, this is my mother, Elaine. | 波比 这是我母亲 伊莱恩 |
[17:36] | Ah, you must be very proud of your daughter. | 你一定为这样的女儿感到骄傲吧 |
[17:39] | She’s represented me a few times. | 她以前也做过几次我的代理律师 |
[17:42] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. | -真的吗 -对啊 |
[17:42] | We’re the middle of something right now, as a matter of fact. | 其实我们正在谈事情 |
[17:45] | It’s just a minor matter, but yesterday, | 只是小事 可是昨天 |
[17:47] | she jumped in without my even asking her. | 我还没开口她就主动来帮忙 |
[17:50] | Wow. While working on my case, which is no minor matter. | 但我的案子可不是小事儿 |
[17:54] | I could go to jail. | 我可能要蹲监狱哦 |
[17:55] | Yeah, speaking of which, we should get to court. | 是啊 说起来 我们该出庭了 |
[17:57] | – Goodbye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[17:59] | Bobbi. | 波比 |
[18:00] | You ready for lunch? | 准备吃午餐了吗 |
[18:01] | Yeah, I’m starved. | 当然 我很饿 |
[18:03] | – Great. I’ll meet you in the lobby. – Okay. | -太好了 大厅见 -好的 |
[18:07] | I’m sorry. | 冒昧问一句 |
[18:09] | Is — is Parker on the case? | 帕克也参与这案子吗 |
[18:11] | No, no. We’re just having lunch. | 不 不 我们只是共进午餐 |
[18:13] | Lunch? | 午餐 |
[18:15] | And last night, we had dinner. | 昨晚我们还一起吃的晚餐 |
[18:17] | Dinner. | 晚餐 |
[18:21] | They’re having lunch. | 他们居然共进午餐 |
[18:24] | Yes, dear. | 是啊 宝贝女儿 |
[18:26] | We all date. We all love to have sex. | 约会是人之常情 大家都喜欢做爱嘛 |
[18:29] | Why, last week, your father and I — | 干嘛这样 上周你爸爸和我还… |
[18:31] | Please stop talking. | 别说了 |
[18:32] | I mean, uh, save your voice for court. | 省点唾沫到法庭上说吧 |
[18:41] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[18:43] | – Can I help you? – I’m just looking for fred. | -要帮忙吗 -我来找弗雷德 |
[18:45] | Oh, he’s gone for the afternoon. | 他下午出去了 |
[18:47] | He’s checking out his new pad. | 去看新房子 |
[18:48] | – I’m sorry? – Yeah, he’s totally psyched. | -什么 -他快激动死了 |
[18:50] | It’s got an infinity pool, home theater, | 新房子有无边际泳池 家庭影院 |
[18:52] | spare room for his barley and hops. | 还有空房间给他放大麦和啤酒花 |
[18:54] | – I see. – I’m playing catch-up here. | -知道了 -我还是不太懂 |
[18:56] | What happened? Did he eat crackers in your satin sheets? | 他在你缎子床单上吃饼干还是怎么地了 |
[19:00] | Well, yes. But that wasn’t the problem. | 有啊 但那不是问题的关键 |
[19:02] | Can I just say that Freddy is really growing up fast? | 要我说 小弗雷德真是一夜之间长大了 |
[19:06] | If that’s for him, he already ate. | 那饼干是给他的吗 他已经吃过了 |
[19:07] | – But I’m famished. – Oh, don’t. | -我快饿死了 -不要 |
[19:10] | “I miss you more than I can say. | “我对你的思念难以言表 |
[19:13] | Come on home, for a great –“ | 快回家吧 我们一起好好地…” |
[19:15] | Stop! Just please don’t tell him I was here. | 停 别跟他说我来过 |
[19:23] | After about four hours on the tarmac, | 在飞机跑道上等了四小时后 |
[19:25] | people started to get upset, | 乘客们开始烦躁不安 |
[19:27] | and it fell to me to keep everybody calm. | 所以使大家冷静的重任就落在了我肩上 |
[19:30] | It fell to you? | 落在你肩上 |
[19:31] | I’m a natural leader. | 我是天生的领袖 |
[19:33] | And I have proof. | 这可不是盖的 |
[19:34] | I took Dr. Phil’s online personality quiz. | 我做过菲尔医生的在线性格测试 |
[19:37] | So you leapt into action. | 所以你就付诸行动了 |
[19:39] | I led a sing-along. | 我带头唱歌 |
[19:41] | I, uh, encouraged people to share their food. | 还鼓励大家互相分享食物 |
[19:44] | And when 32C had a panic attack, | 32C座的乘客恐慌症发作 |
[19:46] | I got him a Xanax from 4B. | 我就从4B座那里拿了安定给他 |
[19:48] | And I taught a new mother | 我还教一位新妈妈 |
[19:50] | how to make a diaper out of a pillowcase. | 怎么用枕头套做尿布 |
[19:52] | Sounds like you made the best of an awful situation. | 听来你好像妥善处理了当时的窘境 |
[19:56] | But why open the emergency door? | 可你为什么要打开应急舱门 |
[19:59] | The plane was a boiling teakettle ready to explode. | 机舱热得就跟个快爆炸的茶壶一样 |
[20:03] | And, um… I knew it was against the rules, | 我知道这样做违反了规定 |
[20:05] | but it was a matter of life and death. | 但这可是生死攸关的大事呀 |
[20:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:12] | Life and death. | 生死攸关 |
[20:14] | Was, uh, someone literally about to die? | 真有人快死了吗 |
[20:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:19] | I don’t have a crystal ball. | 我又没有水晶球预测未来 |
[20:22] | Well, tell me, Ms. Bingum, | 那么请告诉我 宾格温太太 |
[20:23] | do you look like you’re facing mortal danger here? | 你这样子看起来像是有生命危险的人吗 |
[20:28] | I’m happy to be free. | 重获自由我很高兴啊 |
[20:31] | Do you know that the emergency slide | 你是否知道应急滑梯 |
[20:32] | deploys with the force of 3,000 pounds per square inch? | 对地面的压强是每平方英寸3000磅 |
[20:36] | No. | 不知道 |
[20:37] | Did you know that, seconds before you pulled the slide, | 你是否知道在你拉下滑梯前几秒 |
[20:39] | there were baggage handlers working outside the plane | 飞机外有行李装卸员在工作 |
[20:41] | and that the slide could have killed them? | 滑梯可能会害死他们 |
[20:45] | I had no idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[20:47] | I’ve seen you on TV, Ms. Bingum. | 宾格温太太 我在电视上见过你 |
[20:50] | You enjoying the talk-show circuit? | 你是不是很喜欢上脱口秀 |
[20:52] | – Objection. – Withdrawn. | -反对 -撤回询问 |
[20:59] | Why didn’t you prepare me for those questions? | 你怎么没让我准备这些问题呢 |
[21:02] | I warned you that it was gonna get ugly | 我提醒过你下场会很难堪 |
[21:04] | and that they were gonna try and make you look like — | 他们会竭力让你显得像是… |
[21:06] | – Like I murdered people with a slide? – Yes. | -用滑梯杀了人吗 -没错 |
[21:09] | Believe me — I would have remembered that. | 相信我 要是杀了人 我会记得 |
[21:12] | You know, maybe if you weren’t squeezing me in between | 要不是你非要忙着处理芭比的案子 |
[21:14] | meetings with Barbie… | 没什么空管我… |
[21:17] | Her name is Bobbi. | 她的名字叫波比 |
[21:19] | And is that what’s upsetting you? | 你就为这个不高兴吗 |
[21:21] | Because I’m always here when you need me. | 你每次出事我都急忙来帮你 |
[21:24] | Yes, when I’m in trouble. | 没错 那是我有麻烦的时候 |
[21:25] | But when is the last time | 可是你还记得上一次来看我 |
[21:26] | you’ve come by to visit or called to say hello? | 或者打电话问候我是什么时候吗 |
[21:29] | You know what? I get busy. And — | 你不知道吗 我很忙 还有… |
[21:31] | And if there is no emergency, it’s like I don’t exist. | 如果不出点什么事 我对你来说就像空气 |
[21:43] | Is Elaine asleep? | 伊莱恩睡了吗 |
[21:45] | I can’t tell, ’cause she’s not talking to me right now. | 我也不知道 她现在不理我了 |
[21:47] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[21:48] | Oh, whatever. | 管她呢 |
[21:50] | All right. What’s the latest with Fred? | 好了 你和弗雷德有什么最新进展 |
[21:53] | I think I lost him, Jane. | 我们可能完了 简 |
[21:54] | No, you — you just pushed him to be his own man, | 不是吧 你一直想让他有男人味儿呀 |
[21:56] | and now you have to love him for it. | 现在你就要自己消受 |
[21:58] | You know, it’s just like that song. | 就像一首歌唱的那样 |
[22:00] | – What song? – I don’t know — any song — | -什么歌 -我哪知道 各种歌 |
[22:02] | “Blah, blah, blah, if you love him, set him free.” | “啦啦啦 爱他就给他自由” |
[22:06] | You’re right. | 有道理 |
[22:07] | Okay, tomorrow, I’m going to show him I support his… | 好啊 那明天我就要支持他的… |
[22:11] | manhood. | 男人味 |
[22:12] | – Good. – Yeah. | -很好 -就这么定了 |
[22:14] | Aren’t you going to bed? | 你还不睡觉吗 |
[22:16] | No, I’ve got work to do. | 不 我得工作呢 |
[22:17] | – On Elaine’s case? – Bobbi’s case. | -伊莱恩的案子吗 -波比的 |
[22:19] | I didn’t even tell you. | 我还没告诉你呢 |
[22:20] | The casino wants to use me | 那个赌场想用我的照片 |
[22:21] | as part of a multi-stage ad campaign. | 做各种广告宣传 |
[22:24] | I know. But Grayson’s still trying to squelch it. | 很棒吧 可是格雷森还是想制止他们 |
[22:27] | Oh. What are you gonna do? | 这样啊 那你准备怎么办 |
[22:28] | Well, I know exactly | 我呢 我知道 |
[22:30] | What Grayson’s going to argue in court. | 格雷森上庭辩护都会说些什么 |
[22:33] | So I’d say there’s a good chance the casino’s lawyer | 所以我要给赌场的律师 |
[22:35] | is going to get an anonymous e-mail | 发一封匿名信 |
[22:36] | explaining exactly how to argue every counterpoint. | 告诉她在庭上如何应对格雷森 |
[22:41] | You’re forming a secret alliance, | 你这就像《幸存者》节目上演的一样 |
[22:42] | like on “Survivor.” | 秘密建立同盟 |
[22:44] | Well, you know, the way I see it | 在我看来 |
[22:47] | is that I am using back channels | 我只不过是运用逆向思维 |
[22:50] | to represent my client’s best interest, | 来维护我委托人的权益罢了 |
[22:53] | and it just so happens that my client is me. | 特殊的是这次的委托人是我自己 |
[23:00] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[23:01] | – Morning to you. – Hold on. | -早上好 -等一下 |
[23:02] | I spoke to a friend at the AUSA’s office. – Sorry. | 我从在AUSA公司工作的朋友口中得知 -抱歉 |
[23:04] | turns out the missing flight attendant you asked me to track down | 你让我找的那个空姐 |
[23:06] | was visiting her sick mother in Florida. | 去佛罗里达看望生病的母亲了 |
[23:08] | That’s why they took her off the list. | 所以名单上没有她的名字 |
[23:10] | Okay, dead end. | 好吧 线索中断了 |
[23:11] | Can I please go to my office? | 还让不让我回办公室了 |
[23:13] | Unlike the prosecution, I do not give up that easily. | 但我可不像控方那么轻易放弃 |
[23:15] | I did some digging. | 我进行了深入调查 |
[23:16] | Get this — the flight attendant’s mom isn’t sick. | 结果那个空姐的母亲压根没生病 |
[23:19] | She’s dead — dieded three years ago. | 她死了 三年前就死了 |
[23:21] | Why would she lie about that? | 那她为什么说谎呢 |
[23:22] | You’re about to find out. | 你亲自问问就知道了 |
[23:23] | You’re meeting her for coffee in 20 minutes. | 我帮你约了她 20分钟后咖啡馆见 |
[23:24] | – Here’s the address. – Oh, thank you. Thank you. | -这是地址 -多谢 多谢 |
[23:30] | You won’t tell them I’m not in Florida, will you? | 我不在佛罗里达的事 你不会告诉他们吧 |
[23:33] | Ms. Laferty, I don’t want to cause you any trouble. | 拉弗蒂女士 我不会为难你的 |
[23:35] | I just want to know why you lied about being out of town. | 我就是想问问你为什么谎称你出城了 |
[23:38] | I don’t want to testify against your mom. | 因为我不想帮他们作证来告你的母亲 |
[23:40] | I’ve worked lots of delayed flights. | 我经历过很多次航班延误 |
[23:41] | This was the worst. | 这次情况尤其糟糕 |
[23:43] | Why not say that in court? | 为什么不在法庭上说出来呢 |
[23:45] | The airline dropped plenty of hints. | 航空公司多次暗示我们 |
[23:47] | If we support her, our jobs aren’t safe. | 如果我们帮她 工作就不保 |
[23:50] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[23:52] | Off the record, | 这个我不会记录的 |
[23:54] | can you tell me how the situation got so bad? | 为什么事情会发展到如此糟糕的地步 |
[23:56] | I mean, what about the new flyers’ Bill of Rights? | 政府不是刚出台了新的乘客权利法案 |
[23:59] | It mandates that airlines provide food and water | 规定航空公司要为被滞留的旅客提供水和食物 |
[24:01] | and a chance to get off the plane after two hours. | 超过两小时就要让乘客下机吗 |
[24:04] | The clock doesn’t start until we leave the gate. | 时间从空姐离开舱门起才开始计算 |
[24:07] | If they know there’s going to be a long delay, | 如果公司知道飞机要延误很久的话 |
[24:09] | They hold us at the gate for hours | 就会让我们在舱门边站上好几个小时 |
[24:11] | before moving us to the tarmac. | 然后才让我们去停机坪 |
[24:12] | That’s horrible. | 那也太过分了 |
[24:15] | You know your mom led the passengers in stretching exercises | 你的母亲领着其他乘客一起做伸展运动 |
[24:20] | when they started complaining about leg cramps. | 因为他们抱怨坐得太久 腿抽筋了 |
[24:23] | Mm, yeah. | 是吗 |
[24:23] | Oh, she was amazing. | 她真的很厉害 |
[24:25] | – She kept everyone calm. – Really? | -她让大家镇定了下来 -真的吗 |
[24:28] | You’re lucky to have a mom like her — | 有这样一位母亲 你真幸福 |
[24:31] | So much energy and compassion. | 她那么有活力 那么有激情 |
[24:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢你能这么说 |
[24:39] | Your honor, an injunction is required | 法官大人 在此向您申请禁制令 |
[24:40] | -to avoid irreparable harm. – What harm? | -以避免不可挽回的伤害 -什么伤害 |
[24:43] | Her daughter signed a contract | 控方委托人的女儿签订的合同 |
[24:44] | granting rights for all uses of her image. | 表示她的照片可以用于任何用途 |
[24:46] | “All” means all. | 就是什么用途都可以 |
[24:49] | Mr. Kent? | 肯特先生 |
[24:50] | There was no contract. | 这份合同根本不存在 |
[24:51] | Mcclintock v. Skelly Oil — | 麦克林托克起诉斯凯利石油公司一案中提到 |
[24:52] | “A meeting of the minds is –“ | “双方意见达成一致…” |
[24:53] | “…essential to the formation of a contract”? | “…合同方可成立” |
[24:56] | That isn’t the standard here. | 这句话并不适用于本案 |
[24:58] | I disagree. | 我认为适用 |
[24:59] | Ms. Dobkins was never informed | 没有人通知德普金丝小姐 |
[25:01] | changes would be made to her photograph. | 她的照片会被人修改 |
[25:03] | Therefore, she cannot be — | 因此 她不可能… |
[25:04] | Presumed to have consented to such changes? | 不可能同意做出这些修改吗 |
[25:07] | Next, Mr. Kent’s going to tell us that, | 接下来 肯特先生就要告诉我们 |
[25:08] | since there was no consent, there was no contract. | 因为她没有同意 所以合同就不存在 |
[25:11] | As a matter of fact… | 事实上… |
[25:12] | The relevant case is Time v. Conroy — | 真正相似的案例是《时代周刊》起诉康罗伊一案 |
[25:15] | When parties possess a level of expertise in relevant areas, | 如果双方在相关领域拥有一定的专业知识 |
[25:18] | consent is implied. | 则认定为默许 |
[25:20] | I’ve heard enough. | 我听得差不多了 |
[25:21] | I’ll let you know when I’ve made my decision. | 我会将判决意见及时通知双方 |
[25:28] | Mr. Beiner, | 拜纳先生 |
[25:29] | You are vice president for passenger safety | 您是东西航空公司副总裁 负责乘客安全 |
[25:31] | and welfare for East-West Airlines? | 与乘客健康相关事务 是吗 |
[25:33] | Correct. | 是的 |
[25:34] | And your job is to ensure | 您的职责就是要确保 |
[25:35] | that East-West follows all federal laws? | 航空公司的做法符合联邦法律的规定是吗 |
[25:38] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[25:40] | Isn’t it true that your airline knowingly overbooks flights? | 贵公司是否故意预订了过多次航班 |
[25:43] | Objection — relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[25:45] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[25:46] | Isn’t it true that you miscode delays as weather-related | 你们每次延误时都说是天气原因 |
[25:50] | to avoid paying customers a full refund? | 以免要向乘客全额退款 |
[25:52] | Objection — relevance again. | 反对 依然与本案无关 |
[25:53] | Sustained again. | 反对再次有效 |
[25:57] | Tell us about passenger migration, | 请给我们说一下乘客流失的问题吧 |
[25:59] | when you keep passengers on planes during delays | 航班延误时 你们将乘客滞留在飞机上 |
[26:01] | rather than return them to the terminal | 而不把他们送回航站楼 |
[26:03] | so that they won’t leave and fly with one of your competitors. | 那样他们就不能转而去乘其他公司的航班了 |
[26:06] | – Your honor! – Enough. | -法官大人 -够了 |
[26:07] | Counselors, approach the bench. | 两位律师 请过来一下 |
[26:09] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以离开证人席了 |
[26:11] | Ms. Bingum, where are you getting your allegations? | 宾格温女士 你的这些指控有何根据 |
[26:13] | A confidential source. | 信息来源我不能说 |
[26:14] | The airline is not on trial here. | 现在受审的可不是航空公司 |
[26:16] | Of course the airline’s on trial. | 航空公司怎么可能不受审 |
[26:17] | The airline created an explosive situation | 航空公司谎称有可能发生爆炸 |
[26:21] | and shouldn’t be able to hold themselves unaccountable | 乘客们的反应可想而知 |
[26:23] | when a passenger acts out in a foreseeable way. | 在此事上 航空公司有不可推卸的责任 |
[26:25] | It’s all irrelevant. Your client broke the law. | 这与本案无关 你的委托人违反了法律 |
[26:28] | The airline pushed her into an untenable predicament. | 那也是在航空公司逼迫下的无奈之举 |
[26:31] | Enough. Your allegations are off limits. | 不要说了 你的控告超出了本案的范畴 |
[26:33] | Your honor, it’s res gestae. | 法官大人 这是事实 |
[26:35] | I need to set the scene for the jury. | 我要为陪审团进行情景再现 |
[26:37] | I am sympathetic, | 我能理解你 |
[26:38] | But you’re going to have to find another way to do so. | 不过你还是另辟途径吧 |
[26:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:59] | Congratulations, Fred. | 恭喜你 弗雷德 |
[27:02] | You’re not Fred. | 你不是弗雷德 |
[27:02] | Nope. I’m Calvin. | 不是 我是加尔文 |
[27:04] | Why are you in Fred’s house? | 你怎么在弗雷德家里 |
[27:06] | This is not Fred’s house. It’s my house. | 这不是弗雷德家 而是我家 |
[27:07] | Again, I’m Calvin. | 我是加尔文 |
[27:08] | Okay, let’s start over. | 好吧 我们重新开始 |
[27:10] | I thought Fred was house-sitting. | 我以为弗雷德在帮忙看房子 |
[27:11] | Oh, my lawyer’s assistant? | 你是说我律师的那个助手 |
[27:13] | – Yeah, I interviewed him. It didn’t work out. – What? Why not? | -是的 我见了他 可惜没谈成 -为什么 |
[27:16] | Well, I said I needed a 30-day commitment, | 我说要他看30天的房子 |
[27:18] | And he said 30 days was too long | 他说时间太长了 |
[27:20] | to be away from the person who completes him, | 他舍不得离开他的女朋友 |
[27:23] | the one who makes him whole, | 是她让他拥有了完整的人生 |
[27:25] | the girl whose breath wakes him every morning… | 还每天早上叫他起床 |
[27:28] | …which I think he meant as a compliment. | 我想 这话应该是赞美吧 |
[27:30] | – He said all that? – Yeah. | -他真的说了这些话吗 -是的 |
[27:32] | He was pretty dramatic. I take it you’re that girl? | 他情绪很激动 你就是他提到的姑娘吧 |
[27:35] | I am. | 我就是 |
[27:36] | Can I keep the plant? | 我能把花篮留下吗 |
[27:37] | I don’t think so. | 恐怕不能 |
[27:42] | Please tell me there’s something chocolaty in there. | 里面还有巧克力类的零食吧 |
[27:44] | I’ve had a rough day. | 我今天过得很糟 |
[27:46] | Yeah, you and me both. | 没错 我和你一样 |
[27:49] | I got ambushed in court today. | 我今天在法庭上遭埋伏了 |
[27:52] | The casino was amazingly well-prepared. | 赌场的律师准备得太充分了 |
[27:55] | I’m sorry about that. | 真遗憾 |
[27:57] | I’m countering tomorrow with Brighton v. Houghton. | 我准备明天用布莱顿对霍顿一案来辩护 |
[27:59] | It limits permissible alterations to intellectual property. | 它限制了知识产权的许可变更范围 |
[28:02] | Yeah, I forgot about that one. | 我没想到这点 |
[28:03] | If that fails, I’ll just keep filing motions | 如果这还不行 我会一直提出申请 |
[28:06] | till they’re sick of me. | 直到把他们惹烦为止 |
[28:09] | I’m gonna get back to work. | 我要回去工作了 |
[28:21] | How was the shoot? | 照片拍得怎样 |
[28:22] | Awesome. I was in the zone. | 非常棒 我的状态好极了 |
[28:25] | I bet. I can’t wait to see the pictures. | 我相信 等不及要看照片了 |
[28:27] | Listen… About the contracts… | 关于那份合同 |
[28:30] | They had a problem with the changes? | 他们对修改有异议吗 |
[28:31] | – No. – Give me their number. | -不是的 -把他们的号码给我 |
[28:33] | – I don’t mind kicking a little… – No, | -让我去教训… -不是的 |
[28:34] | you don’t have to kick anything. | 你不用教训他们 |
[28:35] | They were totally… | 他们对那些修改 |
[28:39] | …cool with it. | 没什么异议 |
[28:40] | They were? | 是吗 |
[28:41] | Nobody said a word. | 没有人反对 |
[28:44] | – Great. -Yeah. | -太好了 -是啊 |
[28:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:48] | She would have loved it. | 她一定会喜欢的 |
[28:51] | Hi. What’s that? | 喜欢什么 |
[28:53] | The ad. | 那则广告 |
[28:55] | You asked me what Deb would have thought. | 你问过我 黛比会怎么想 |
[28:57] | I think she would have loved it. | 我认为她会喜欢这则广告的 |
[28:58] | I know I do. | 反正我很喜欢 |
[29:00] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[29:02] | – She looks so pretty. – Yeah. | -她看起来很漂亮 -是啊 |
[29:05] | Well, what are you doing here? Are you meeting with Grayson? | 你过来干什么 要见格雷森吗 |
[29:08] | Uh, no, another date with Jay. | 不 还是来和杰约会 |
[29:11] | Oh. Parker? | 和帕克吗 |
[29:14] | Jane, when I told you the other day | 简 那天我告诉你 |
[29:16] | that I was going out with Jay, you winced. | 我要和杰约会 你皱眉头了 |
[29:19] | I winced? | 我皱眉头了吗 |
[29:20] | Kind of like what you’re doing right now. | 就有点像你现在这样 |
[29:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:26] | All right, here’s the thing. | 没关系 是这样的 |
[29:28] | Before this goes any further, before I get any more invested, | 趁我还没对他付出太多感情 |
[29:32] | is there something that I need to know about him — | 跟我说说他的事吧 |
[29:35] | I mean, anything that, you know, would cause you to wince? | 我是说 让你皱眉的事 |
[29:42] | Um, Parker is smart and funny | 帕克既聪明又风趣 |
[29:46] | and capable of occasional moments of depth, | 有时候也很深刻 |
[29:50] | but he has left more than a few hearts broken in his wake. | 但他已经伤了很多女人的心了 |
[29:54] | – And you don’t want him to break mine. – No. | -你不想让他伤我的心 -没错 |
[30:02] | Well, what if I told you I hear everything you’re saying | 如果我告诉你 听完你的话 |
[30:04] | and I still want to go out with him? | 我仍想和他约会呢 |
[30:08] | Then I’d say that you don’t need my permission. | 那我会说 你不必征得我的同意 |
[30:18] | All right, what are we gonna do about this? | 好吧 我们该怎么处理这个案子 |
[30:23] | I’m gonna talk to Grayson. | 我会和格雷森谈的 |
[30:30] | Thank you for looking out for me… | 谢谢你照顾我 |
[30:34] | …and for Deb. | 还有黛比 |
[30:49] | Come on. | 有完没完 |
[30:51] | Get up! | 起来 |
[30:52] | Uh, I can explain. | 我可以向你解释 |
[30:54] | Really? I’d like to hear it. | 真的吗 那我可要洗耳恭听了 |
[30:56] | Can I — can I talk to Fred in private? | 我能单独和弗雷德谈谈吗 |
[31:00] | You have two minutes to talk and disinfect my sofa. | 限你在两分钟之内谈完 再给我的沙发消毒 |
[31:05] | I heard about your new house. | 我听说你新房子的事了 |
[31:07] | I was gonna stop by. | 我本想顺路过去看你 |
[31:09] | Yeah, actually… | 没错 实际上… |
[31:10] | But then I decided I didn’t want to see it. | 后来我又改主意不打算去了 |
[31:13] | I know that you’re your own man and you’re independent, | 我知道你是个独立自主的男人 |
[31:16] | but the thing is, I’ve kind of started to depend on you. | 但事实上 我开始有点依赖你了 |
[31:21] | I want you back. | 我希望你回来 |
[31:23] | It’s not home without you. | 家没有了你就不像家了 |
[31:26] | What do you say? | 你怎么想 |
[31:27] | Well, if it means that much to you… | 如果这对你很重要的话… |
[31:29] | It does. | 确实很重要 |
[31:30] | You can even do your beer thing in the laundry room. | 你甚至可以在洗衣房酿啤酒 |
[31:33] | Do I have to? | 我一定得酿吗 |
[31:34] | Absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[31:35] | And if it’s okay with you, | 如果你愿意的话 |
[31:37] | I’d still like to make you lunch. | 我会继续给你做午餐 |
[31:40] | I could live with that. | 这我能接受 |
[31:41] | Look inside. | 看看里面 |
[31:46] | “Welcome home.” | “欢迎回家” |
[31:53] | Get out! | 快出去 |
[32:04] | Hey, do you have a minute? | 你有时间吗 |
[32:05] | – Can it wait till I finish this motion? – Sure. | -能等我完成这个申请吗 -当然 |
[32:08] | Uh, no, actually, it can’t. | 其实不大行 |
[32:12] | I think I know why Deb ignored your changes on her contract. | 我知道黛比为什么无视了你对合同的修改 |
[32:17] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[32:19] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[32:21] | Models are a lot tougher than you think, | 做模特这行比你想得要艰难 |
[32:24] | and they have to deal with so much rejection. | 她们要面对无数次的拒绝 |
[32:27] | Sometimes I try and help Stacy, | 有时我想要帮史黛西 |
[32:29] | and she gets really upset | 她却很不高兴 |
[32:31] | because she doesn’t necessarily want my help — | 因为她并不一定需要我的帮助 |
[32:34] | She just — she just wants me to tell her | 她只希望我告诉她 |
[32:37] | that she’s doing fine. | 她做得不错 |
[32:39] | And I think maybe Deb felt the same way. | 也许黛比也有同样的感觉 |
[32:45] | You didn’t know her. | 你根本不了解她 |
[32:50] | No, I-I didn’t. | 是的 我是不了解她 |
[32:52] | But I do know you. | 但我了解你 |
[32:54] | And I know how hard you fight to protect the people you care about. | 我知道你在为你关心的人抗争时 有多努力 |
[32:59] | And I am sure that Deb would have been grateful. | 我相信黛比会很欣慰的 |
[33:03] | You know? But — but when I — when I look at this picture, | 当我看着这幅图片 |
[33:08] | I can’t help but think how much she would have loved it. | 我禁不住想 她会有多喜欢 |
[33:11] | I mean, it’s what models work for. | 这就是模特们奋斗的目标 |
[33:14] | And I know — I know it’s not a high-fashion magazine, | 我知道这不是高端的时尚杂志 |
[33:17] | But… | 但是… |
[33:19] | But she looks gorgeous. | 但她看起来美极了 |
[33:26] | And maybe I’m overstepping when I say this, | 或许我这么说太多管闲事了 |
[33:29] | but I think, in this case, | 但我觉得针对这个案子 |
[33:30] | she would have wanted you to hold your advice | 她会希望你不要再提建议 |
[33:33] | and just tell her that she was doing fine. | 而只是告诉她 她做得很棒 |
[34:05] | Janie. | 简宝 |
[34:08] | I’m sorry I startled you. | 很抱歉吓到你了 |
[34:09] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[34:11] | I want to apologize, Janie. | 简宝 我想向你道歉 |
[34:13] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[34:15] | I crash in on your life like a tornado | 我就像龙卷风一样闯入你的生活 |
[34:17] | and expect you to drop everything for me. | 还指望你为我放下自己的事 |
[34:19] | No, it’s — it’s okay. | 不 这没什么 |
[34:22] | And you know what? You’re right. | 你知道吗 你说得对 |
[34:24] | Because I-I do — i get distracted by life | 因为我确实…被生活搞得焦头烂额 |
[34:29] | And I should call you more often. | 我也该多给你打几个电话 |
[34:32] | I’m sorry I made things harder by acting like a goofball. | 都是我冒失莽撞才弄巧成拙的 对不起 |
[34:35] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[34:36] | but you should know — | 实话告诉你 |
[34:38] | It’s just because I’m scared. | 这都是因为我很害怕 |
[34:40] | Why are you scared? | 你害怕什么呢 |
[34:42] | What if we lose? | 怕我们会输 |
[34:44] | I just can’t go to jail… | 我可不想进监狱 |
[34:47] | or…Canada. | 或逃到加拿大 |
[34:49] | Oh, god, no. | 千万不要 |
[34:51] | Then we better not lose. | 那我们就要一举得胜 |
[34:55] | You know, mom, I don’t say it, | 妈你知道吗 虽然我嘴上不说 |
[34:58] | but I really admire your energy… | 但我的确很佩服你的那份活力 |
[35:02] | and your compassion. | 和你的怜悯之心 |
[35:05] | I’m really lucky to be your daughter. | 做你的女儿真是三生有幸 |
[35:12] | Oh, god, you were just great in court yesterday. | 天 你昨天在庭上表现得太棒了 |
[35:15] | And it’s just not fair that judge shut you down. | 法官打断你真是不公平 |
[35:18] | She wasn’t on that plane. | 她当时又不在飞机上 |
[35:20] | You know, you just can’t know what it was like | 要知道 若非身临其境 |
[35:21] | unless you were there. | 就无法体会个中滋味 |
[35:24] | Mom… | 妈 |
[35:25] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说得太对了 |
[35:28] | I am? | 是吗 |
[35:32] | Your honor, what the hell’s going on here? | 法官大人 这是在搞什么 |
[35:34] | She — she — she rearranged the jury box | 她重排了陪审席位 |
[35:36] | – and added space heaters. – Oh, and a stereo. | -装上了热风机 -还配备了音响 |
[35:38] | Are you really gonna allow these theatrics? | 您真要任由她在此胡闹吗 |
[35:39] | I am just setting the scene, like you told me to. | 我只是遵照您的意见 场景再现 |
[35:42] | I’ll allow it. Let’s get started. | 我准许 开始吧 |
[35:47] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们先生们 |
[35:49] | You are all passengers on flight 82. | 现在你们都是82号航班上的乘客 |
[35:57] | It is three hours into your ordeal, | 你们已经历了三小时的煎熬 |
[36:01] | and the air conditioner has long crapped out. | 而且空调机早已出了故障 |
[36:04] | So it’s 84 degrees, | 现在是华氏84度[约为29摄氏度] |
[36:06] | and it is steadily getting warmer. | 而且温度还在不断上升 |
[36:09] | The flight attendants aren’t providing food or water, | 空乘人员并未提供任何饮食 |
[36:12] | and you’ve been instructed not to use the lavatory. | 并告知各位乘客不要使用洗手间 |
[36:14] | Oh, and, by the way, you are hearing this. | 另外 你们还会听见这样的声音 |
[36:22] | Those three crying babies will soon be joined by two more. | 这是三个婴儿的哭泣声 不久还会多两个 |
[36:26] | And that — that rotting stench — | 阵阵的腐臭味 |
[36:29] | That’s from a vomit bag in seat 41E. | 从41E座位的呕吐袋中传来 |
[36:32] | Oh, quiet. Quiet, everyone. That’s the pilot. | 请大家安静 机长有话要讲 |
[36:35] | Greetings from the flight deck, ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 我从驾驶舱向各位致以问候 |
[36:37] | We apologize for the delay | 我们为航班延误向您致歉 |
[36:39] | and hope to have you in the air in a matter of minutes. | 希望在几分钟之内能够起飞 |
[36:42] | Great. | 好得很 |
[36:43] | And in case you didn’t know, he’s lying. | 其实咱们都心知肚明 他在说谎 |
[36:47] | The real passengers of flight 82 | 真正的82号航班乘客 |
[36:50] | were deposed in preparation for this trial, | 未获准参加这次审判 |
[36:53] | And I would like to read you a few of their statements. | 我来宣读他们的部分陈述 |
[36:57] | “The stench was so strong, | “舱内臭气熏天 |
[36:59] | “I tried to breathe only through my mouth. | 我试着只用口呼吸” |
[37:03] | “I promised my little girl | “我向小女儿承诺 |
[37:04] | That we would never, ever fly again.” | 我们永远永远也不坐飞机了” |
[37:08] | “I felt helpless and scared, | “我感到惶恐无助 |
[37:11] | And I didn’t believe anything they told us.” | 他们说的话 我一个字也不相信” |
[37:13] | Actually, that last one | 实际上 最后一句 |
[37:15] | was from an American hostage held in Iran, | 是一位被困伊朗的美国人质说的 |
[37:17] | But it kind of fits, doesn’t it? | 可倒也符合情境 不是吗 |
[37:20] | One final question. | 最后一个问题 |
[37:23] | In front of you is a lever marked “Emergency Exit.” | 如果面前有个手柄 标有”紧急逃生出口”字样 |
[37:27] | If you pull it, you can escape. | 只要一拉 就可逃生 |
[37:29] | How many of you might pull that lever? | 有多少人愿意拉下手柄 |
[37:56] | ♪ So let’s not make this complicated ♪ | ♪不要小题大做♪ |
[38:02] | ♪ I never made the honor roll ♪ | ♪ 我没上过光荣榜 ♪ |
[38:05] | You went to all this trouble for me. | 这次麻烦多亏你帮我解决 |
[38:07] | What trouble? You’re my mom. | 怎么能算麻烦 你是我妈啊 |
[38:12] | Bingum. Bingum. | 宾格温小姐 宾格温太太 |
[38:14] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[38:16] | – I’ll, uh, grab us some drinks. – Sure. | -我去拿点喝的 -好的 |
[38:21] | Can I borrow your daughter for a second? | 能跟你女儿说说话吗 |
[38:23] | Take your time. I’m gonna put in a karaoke request. | 慢慢聊吧 我去点首歌 |
[38:29] | Grayson dropped the suit. It’s over. | 格雷森撤诉了 都结束了 |
[38:31] | That’s great news. | 这消息太棒了 |
[38:32] | – And thank you, Jane. – Sure. | -也谢谢你 简 -别客气 |
[38:34] | – Jane, we’re up next. – Okay. | -简 我们是下一首 -好的 |
[38:36] | You are so lucky. | 你真有福气 |
[38:38] | My daughter refused to sing with me. | 我女儿从来不肯和我一起唱歌 |
[38:40] | Was she shy? | 她是害羞吗 |
[38:41] | No, she had a terrible voice. | 不是 她唱得很难听 |
[38:46] | Bobbie… You’re coming with us. | 波比 你也一起来 |
[38:52] | All right, girls, come on. | 好啦 姑娘们上 |
[38:55] | Oh, I love this song. | 这歌我喜欢 |
[38:58] | You start. | 你起头 |
[39:03] | ♪ Sometimes in our lives ♪ | ♪ 人生不尽如意 ♪ |
[39:08] | ♪ We all have pain ♪ | ♪ 难免苦痛 ♪ |
[39:11] | ♪ We all have sorrow ♪ | ♪ 亦有悲伤 ♪ |
[39:15] | ♪ But if we are wise ♪ | ♪ 看淡风雨 ♪ |
[39:20] | ♪ We know that there is always tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 寻求明日希望 ♪ |
[39:26] | ♪ Lean on me ♪ | ♪ 让我伸手相帮 ♪ |
[39:29] | ♪ When you’re not strong ♪ | ♪ 谁能永葆坚强 ♪ |
[39:32] | ♪ I’ll be your friend ♪ | ♪ 我愿助你渡过 ♪ |
[39:35] | ♪ I’ll help you carry on ♪ | ♪ 这段艰苦时光 ♪ |
[39:40] | ♪ For it won’t be long ♪ | ♪ 等待不会久长 ♪ |
[39:44] | ♪ Till I’m gonna need ♪ | ♪ 你我扶持互相 ♪ |
[39:47] | ♪ Somebody to lean on ♪ | ♪ 做彼此的避风港 ♪ |
[39:52] | ♪ Just call on me, mother ♪ | ♪ 妈妈无需彷徨 ♪ |
[39:55] | ♪ When you need a hand ♪ | ♪ 我愿伸手相帮 ♪ |
[39:57] | ♪ We all need somebody to lean on ♪ | ♪ 我们都需要一个避风港 ♪ |
[40:04] | ♪ If there is a load ♪ | ♪ 若有太多重负 ♪ |
[40:09] | ♪ You have to bear ♪ | ♪ 要你勉力担当 ♪ |
[40:12] | Hey, what’going on? | 叫我什么事 |
[40:13] | – I want to show you something outside. – Okay. | -到外面来 我想给你看些东西 -好吧 |
[40:16] | ♪ I’m right up the road ♪ | ♪ 我会在你身旁 ♪ |
[40:21] | ♪ I’ll share your load ♪ | ♪ 为你手挑肩扛 ♪ |
[40:24] | ♪ If you just call me ♪ | ♪ 只要一声求助 ♪ |
[40:29] | So, what’s up? | 到底怎么啦 |
[40:31] | – Have to show you. – Okay. | -你看了就知道了 -好吧 |
[40:37] | – Oh, my god. -Yeah, I know. | -天啊 -很棒吧 |
[40:40] | If I’d won my suit, it wouldn’t be there. | 如果我胜诉 就不会有这广告了 |
[40:42] | That’s amazing. | 真是惊艳 |
[40:46] | She knew better than me, Jane. | 她比我想得更透彻 简 |
[40:49] | I tried to bully her into making changes to that contract, | 我想逼她修改那份合同 |
[40:52] | but… | 可现在 |
[40:54] | Ah, I wish she were here to say, “I told you so.” | 我希望能听到她说 “我就说嘛” |
[40:58] | Oh, well, would it help you if I said it? | 我替她说会有用吗 |
[41:01] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[41:02] | Grayson, a girl doesn’t just give her heart to anyone. | 格雷森 女孩子不会随便交心与人 |
[41:06] | You weren’t bullying her. | 你不是在逼迫她 |
[41:08] | You were showing her, in your way, | 你是以自己的方式表达着 |
[41:10] | That you love her and that you wanted to protect her. | 你爱她 想要保护她 |
[41:13] | Yeah, but she was too afraid to tell me she didn’t want my help. | 但她总是不敢告诉我 她其实不需要我的帮助 |
[41:16] | She wasn’t afraid. | 她不是不敢 |
[41:19] | She didn’t want to hurt your feelings. | 她只是想顾及你的感受 |
[41:23] | You know, it was her way of protecting you. | 其实 她也在用自己的方式保护你 |
[41:39] | You know, you’re pretty amazing, Jane. | 简 你真的不同寻常 |