时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:05] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 |
[00:24] | and my guardian angel, Fred. | 还有我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:38] | Hi. | 你好 |
[00:39] | I’d like double decaf nonfat caramel macchiato. | 我要… 双份无脂低咖啡因焦糖玛奇朵 |
[00:44] | But instead of caramel, can I get a skosh of vanilla syrup? | 能不能不要焦糖 帮我多加点香草糖浆 |
[00:46] | And can you make it cold — but not too cold | 要冰的 但也别太冰 |
[00:48] | so it’s refreshing but it doesn’t hurt my teeth? | 让我喝了提神又不会刺激牙齿 |
[00:51] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你不是开玩笑吧 |
[00:52] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[00:56] | Yeah. | 是我 |
[00:58] | Oh…My…God. | 额滴神啊 |
[01:01] | You’re Jane. | 你是简 |
[01:02] | I mean, before I became Jane. | 那个之前的简 |
[01:04] | Why am I taller than you? | 为什么我会比你高 |
[01:06] | Because, Miss…Booty Bounce… | 当然是因为 甩臀小姐[指黛比] |
[01:10] | you’re wearing 4-inch heels, | 你穿着4英寸[约10厘米]的高跟鞋 |
[01:11] | which are impractical, cause lower-back disk compression, | 既不实用又会对腰椎间盘造成挤压 |
[01:15] | while I am wearing comfortable shoes | 而我穿的是不会伤害身体的 |
[01:16] | that don’t hate women. | 舒适的鞋子 |
[01:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:19] | Heels create a line, elongating my silhouette. | 高跟使我的线条更加修长 |
[01:23] | It is not your silhouette. | 那根本不是你的线条 |
[01:27] | It’s mine! | 是我的 |
[01:28] | You are walking around in my body, | 你错上我的身 到处招摇 |
[01:30] | driving my porsche, with my bank account. | 开着我的保时捷 挥霍我的存款 |
[01:33] | Look, who gave you the right to take over my life? | 听着 谁给你的权利 让你夺走我的生活 |
[01:37] | Just one moment. It’s my phone. | 稍等 电话响咯 |
[01:39] | Don’t you dare answer that phone while I’m talking to y– | 我在和你讲话 你要是敢接这电话… |
[01:40] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[01:42] | Hey! | 喂 |
[01:43] | I deserve some respect! | 你应该尊重我 |
[01:45] | Hey! | 喂 |
[01:56] | Good morning. | 早啊 |
[01:57] | You in the mood for an algae/tofu omelet? | 要不要尝一个海带豆腐煎蛋卷 |
[02:00] | It’ll make your skin glow and intestines flow. | 让你皮肤焕发光彩 肠道畅通无阻 |
[02:03] | I’d rather chew on my briefcase. | 我宁愿啃我的公文包 |
[02:05] | But…thank you. | 但还是谢谢你 |
[02:06] | So, I just had a dream that old Jane was yelling at me. | 我梦到原来的简对我大喊大叫 |
[02:11] | Jane, we’re late! | 简 我们要迟到了 |
[02:13] | Kind of like that. | 就是这种大喊大叫 |
[02:15] | Fred. | 弗雷德 |
[02:17] | Uh, you in the mood for an algae/tofu omelet? | 想尝尝海带豆腐煎蛋卷吗 |
[02:19] | That sounds… delicious… | 听起来很美味 |
[02:21] | but I am already glowing and flowing. | 但我已经容光焕发 肠道畅通无阻了 |
[02:24] | Um, Jane, I’ll be in the car. | 简 我去车里等你 |
[02:25] | Stacy… have a great day. | 史黛西 祝你今天过得愉快 |
[02:30] | Sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[02:31] | Do you know what you just did? | 你知道你刚刚做了什么吗 |
[02:32] | Is this a riddle? I love riddles. | 又要猜谜吗 我喜欢谜语 |
[02:35] | You wiped off your zit cream when Fred came in the room. | 弗雷德进屋的时候你擦掉了祛痘霜 |
[02:37] | That’s not a riddle. | 这可不是谜语 |
[02:39] | You only do that when you care about the way you look. | 你在”为悦己者容”时 才会这么做 |
[02:41] | Like when the cute guy comes to fix the elliptical — | 比如那个帅哥来修椭圆健身车时 |
[02:43] | which I think you broke on purpose last time. | 我敢肯定上次你是故意弄坏的 |
[02:45] | Is it possible that you like Fred? | 难道你喜欢弗雷德 |
[02:48] | What? No. | 虾米 才没有呢 |
[02:50] | Fred? Mnh-mnh. | 弗雷德 不不 |
[02:51] | Fred — I mean — | 弗雷德 我是说 |
[02:53] | He’s just Fred. | 他不过是弗雷德 |
[02:54] | Just Fred. | 弗雷德罢了 |
[02:58] | If you say so. | 随你怎么说 |
[03:01] | Bye, sweetie. | 拜 亲爱的 |
[03:02] | Bye. | 拜 |
[03:06] | No. | 不会的 |
[03:08] | So, I’m thinking the Montage in Laguna this weekend? | 我在想这周末去拉古娜的蒙太奇酒店 |
[03:11] | The sea, the sand, and a very attentive manservant? | 大海 沙滩 还有位非常体贴的男佣 |
[03:16] | Mm. I like that idea. | 这主意听起来不错 |
[03:18] | Although I don’t know. It all depends. | 可是我不确定 得看情况 |
[03:20] | My boss might expect me to work, | 说不定老板要让我加班 |
[03:21] | seeing as how he just pulled me into | 最近他又把我拉去 |
[03:23] | another one of his cases. | 参与他的一个案子 |
[03:24] | Your boss did that? What’s up with that guy? | 你老板这么讨厌吗 那家伙怎么回事 |
[03:26] | I need to talk to him. | 我得去和他谈谈 |
[03:46] | What was that about? | 那是怎么回事 |
[03:48] | What? | 什么 |
[03:51] | Eileen. She works at a P.R. Firm on the seventh floor. | 艾琳 她在7楼的公关公司工作 |
[03:56] | Let me guess — you used to date her. | 让我猜猜 你和她交往过对吗 |
[04:00] | Yes. Yes, I did. | 是的 交往过 |
[04:02] | So…what went wrong? | 那… 出了什么状况 |
[04:05] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[04:06] | Why don’t you talk to her? | 你为什么不和她说话 |
[04:07] | Because…it’s over. | 因为… 我们没瓜葛了 |
[04:10] | What is there to say? | 还有什么可说的 |
[04:13] | Apparently, nothing. | 显然是没什么可说了 |
[04:22] | What’s that? | 那是啥 |
[04:23] | A clown. | 小丑 |
[04:24] | Good. You see it, too. | 太好了 看来不是我的幻觉 |
[04:26] | He was in reception, but Deedee got all wigged out, | 他本来在接待室 但是迪蒂彻底抓狂了 |
[04:28] | so she put him in here. | 她就把他带到这了 |
[04:31] | Teri, didn’t Kim and I reserve | 泰丽 我和金不是预定了9点钟 |
[04:33] | the conference room for my 9:00? | 要用会议室的吗 |
[04:34] | You did, but I put your client in your great big office. | 没错 不过我把委托人接到你光鲜照人的办公室 |
[04:36] | I didn’t think you’d mind. | 我想你不会介意的 |
[04:42] | Bingum, get the clown out of there. | 宾格温 快把小丑带出去 |
[04:45] | It’s disruptive. | 这太影响和谐了 |
[04:47] | Why me? | 为什么让我去 |
[04:48] | Because, Jane, he’s your 9:00. | 简 这种不靠谱的人只有你能搞定 |
[04:53] | I produce a reality show called “The One.” | 我制作一档真人秀 叫做《真命天女》 |
[04:55] | We’ve been on the air for 11 seasons. | 我们这档节目播了11季 |
[04:58] | I never miss it. | 我每季必看 |
[04:59] | Unless someone deletes it off my DVR. | 除非某人把它从我录像机里删掉了 |
[05:01] | I’m sure it was an accident. | 我确定那是个意外 |
[05:02] | Tell me about the program. | 说说那个节目 |
[05:03] | Oh, one handsome, eligible bachelor | 一位英俊潇洒 适婚年龄的单身汉 |
[05:06] | chooses his bride-to-be from 30 desperate hopefuls. | 要从30位饥渴的女候选人中 选出他的最爱 |
[05:09] | And one of the hopefuls is suing you? | 告你的是其中一位候选人吗 |
[05:11] | Wendy Simon. | 温迪·西蒙 |
[05:12] | No way. “Weeping Wendy”? | 不是吧 “爱哭鬼温迪” |
[05:15] | This season’s runner-up. | 她是这季的第二名 |
[05:17] | Everyone thought she was the one, | 所有人都以为单身汉会选她 |
[05:18] | but then in the final episode, in a huge upset, | 但在最后一集 所有人大跌眼镜 |
[05:20] | he chose Annabelle. | 他选了安娜贝尔 |
[05:21] | Wendy went to pieces — screaming, tears, | 温迪崩溃了 尖叫 痛哭 |
[05:24] | snot running out of her nose. | 一把鼻涕一把眼泪的 |
[05:26] | I watch in HD. It’s a total train wreck. | 我看的是高清版 简直惨不忍睹 |
[05:29] | Oh, but fantastic television. | 不过拍得真是棒极了 |
[05:31] | It’s like watching a nervous breakdown | 温迪精神崩溃时 甩动的秀发很是抓眼 |
[05:34] | sponsored by volumizing shampoo. | 感觉就像丰盈洗发水的广告 |
[05:38] | Uh, she’s suing me for intentional infliction of emotional harm. | 她告我故意施加感情伤害 |
[05:43] | A.J., all of your contestants sign release forms, correct? | AJ 所有选手都签署播出授权书了 是吧 |
[05:46] | Yes. Yeah, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[05:48] | I’ll file a motion to dismiss. | 我会申请驳回诉讼 |
[05:50] | We’ll be done by lunch. | 午饭前我们就能搞定 |
[05:55] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:58] | Um, I’m Jane Bingum. | 我是简·宾格温 |
[06:00] | Uh, Evan Robbins. Nice to meet you. | 我是埃文·罗宾斯 幸会 |
[06:03] | Uh, it’s my pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[06:06] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[06:07] | I thought there might be a buzzer. | 我以为你手上有蜂鸣器 |
[06:09] | Ah. I get that a lot. | 很多人都这么想 |
[06:11] | So, on the phone, you said “wrongful termination,” | 电话里 你提到”不正当解雇” |
[06:15] | but you didn’t give me any details. | 但是你还没告诉我细节 |
[06:17] | Right — I…wanted to make sure | 是啊 我想在你拒绝我之前 |
[06:19] | you’d at least meet with me before saying no. | 我们至少要先见个面 |
[06:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:23] | Uh, can I get you something to drink — water or coffee? | 你要喝点什么吗 水或是咖啡 |
[06:26] | N-no, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[06:27] | It smears the smile. | 会把笑脸弄脏的 |
[06:29] | Of course. | 是啊 |
[06:31] | So, wrongful termination… | 你说的不正当解雇 |
[06:33] | Were you fired from the circus? | 你是被马戏团解雇了吗 |
[06:35] | I’m a sales-account manager for context communications, | 我在一家移动通信业务供应商 |
[06:39] | a mobile-service provider. | 做销售客户经理 |
[06:40] | And why were you let go? | 你为什么被解雇 |
[06:45] | I’m pretty sure it’s for dressing like a clown. | 当然是因为我打扮的像个小丑 |
[06:47] | Oh. Right. | 哦 是啊 |
[06:49] | How long have you been dressing like a clown? | 你打扮成小丑多长时间了 |
[06:51] | About six months. | 差不多6个月了 |
[06:52] | Um, these are my employment records. | 这些是我的工作记录 |
[06:56] | My reviews are excellent, and I’ve been promoted | 公司对我的评价很高 过去四年中 |
[06:58] | three times over the last four years. | 我接连三次升职 |
[07:01] | Well, that’s very impressive. | 确实很厉害 |
[07:05] | So…why not just stop wearing that? | 那你为什么不做正常装扮呢 |
[07:11] | I don’t want to. | 我不想那样 |
[07:21] | It says one month before you started wearing that, | 记录上提到 休过两周丧假之后 |
[07:25] | you took two weeks off for bereavement. | 你就开始打扮成小丑了 |
[07:29] | May I ask why? | 能告诉我发生什么事了吗 |
[07:31] | Uh, my, um… | 我的… |
[07:35] | my wife died… | 我妻子过世了 |
[07:37] | in a car accident. | 死于车祸 |
[07:45] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[07:46] | Look, I-I appreciate you taking your time, | 我很感谢你抽时间接待我 |
[07:49] | and I don’t expect you to understand what I’ve been through, | 我不奢望你能理解我的感受 |
[07:51] | so if you don’t want to represent me, it’s okay. | 如果你不愿代理这个案子 没关系的 |
[07:54] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[07:55] | No, I saw the way everyone in your office was looking at me. | 我看到你办公室的人看我的眼神了 |
[07:57] | And I don’t want to cause any problems, so — | 我不想给你带来困扰 |
[07:59] | Evan. | 埃文 |
[08:01] | I will absolutely take your case. | 这个案子我接定了 |
[08:13] | Damn it, Bingum. | 该死 宾格温 |
[08:15] | I just got your new-client memo. | 我看了你的委托人备忘录 |
[08:18] | You’re representing the clown. | 你要代理那小丑的案子 |
[08:20] | To be clear, Harrison & Parker is not a novelty firm. | 听清楚 哈里森&帕克不是走新奇路线的事务所 |
[08:23] | Well, noto be argumentative, | 我不是和你抬杠 |
[08:24] | but didn’t we just litigate chimp-custody case? | 不过我们不是刚打过一场猩猩抚养权的官司吗 |
[08:27] | Yes, and the chimp was appropriately dressed. | 是啊 但起码那只猩猩没有奇装异服 |
[08:30] | This case waste of time. | 这个案子纯属浪费时间 |
[08:31] | Hear me out. | 听我说完 |
[08:33] | It was their third anniversary. | 他们三周年结婚纪念日 |
[08:34] | His wife died in a car accident. | 他的妻子死于车祸 |
[08:37] | Evan is…grieving. | 埃文还在哀悼 |
[08:39] | – In a clown suit. – Yes. | -穿着小丑服装哀悼 -是的 |
[08:41] | – I’m against this. – Duly noted. | -我还是不赞成 -了解 |
[08:47] | Jane, need a second chair? | 简 需要副手吗 |
[08:50] | You just heard how Parker feels about my client. | 你刚也听到了 帕克对我这位客户很不待见 |
[08:52] | Well, the guy’s grieving for his wife. | 那人在哀悼他的亡妻 |
[08:54] | I might ha some insights. | 我有切肤之痛 或许能帮上忙 |
[08:58] | Right. Of course. | 是啊 当然 |
[09:01] | I’d love your help. | 很高兴有你帮忙 |
[09:09] | Yes, two V.I.P. tickets to the “Kiss and makeup” expo. | 是的 两张”热吻化妆品”展会的贵宾门票 |
[09:13] | Sure. I’ll hold. | 好的 我等着 |
[09:15] | Again. | 继续等 |
[09:16] | That’s the premiere makeup-styling event. | 那可是化妆品潮流的首发盛会 |
[09:19] | Those tickets are way expensive. | 票超贵的 |
[09:21] | 2 1/2 paychecks. | 两周半的薪水 |
[09:22] | All for a symposium | 研讨会的主题是 |
[09:23] | called “Cheekbones: The power of contour shadowing” | 《颧骨:轮廓阴影的关键》 |
[09:27] | I…don’t get it. | 我完全不懂 |
[09:28] | It’s one-on-one sessions with | 那可是和全球最好的化妆师 |
[09:30] | the world’s gatest makeuprtists, | 进行一对一的培训 |
[09:31] | who are giving away all their secrets and tons of samples. | 他们会教你化妆秘诀 还会送出很多样品 |
[09:33] | It’s fabulous. | 超赞的 |
[09:36] | And..they’re for Stacy, aren’t they? | 票是给史黛西买的 是不是 |
[09:38] | It’s all a part of the wooing process. | 这是我向她求爱的一部分 |
[09:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:42] | What– why did you that? | 晕 你这是干嘛 |
[09:44] | I had to listen to Justin Timberlake | 我听贾斯汀·汀布莱克唱了15遍 |
[09:45] | sing “Sexyback” 15 times just to get that far. | 《性感回归》才到了这一步 |
[09:48] | We neeto talk — in private. | 我们得谈谈 私下谈 |
[09:56] | You can’t woo Stacy. | 你不能向史黛西求爱 |
[09:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:59] | You’re going to get hurt. | 你会被伤害的 |
[10:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[10:02] | Stacy has dating A.D.D. | 史黛西有约会焦躁症 |
[10:04] | One time, she met a guy at spin class. | 有次她在动感单车课上碰到一个家伙 |
[10:06] | They went for coffee, | 他们去喝咖啡 |
[10:07] | and she broke up with him before she got her latte. | 她的拿铁还没上桌 她就和他分手了 |
[10:08] | Why? Because he was wearing black ankle socks. | 为什么 因为他穿了黑色短袜 |
[10:12] | Usually, you just make fun of me for trying to get her attention. | 通常当我试图引起她注意时 你都会取笑我 |
[10:14] | Why are you so serious all of a sudden? | 这下你怎么突然这么严肃 |
[10:17] | Fred, there is a chance — | 弗雷德 也许 |
[10:20] | just maybe — | 只是也许 |
[10:22] | that Stacy might like you. | 史黛西可能喜欢你 |
[10:25] | “Like” Like you “Like you.” | 就是有点心动的那种喜欢 |
[10:27] | What?! What did she say? | 什么 她说了什么 |
[10:29] | She didn’t say anything, but she’s my best friend. | 她什么都没说 但她是我最好的朋友 我了解她 |
[10:31] | Oh, god! | 上帝啊 |
[10:32] | I w-w-want to…shout | 我真想大声尖叫 |
[10:35] | and — and — and — and cry all at the same time! | 同时大哭一场 |
[10:38] | And you have a-a furred brow. | 不过你有点多虑了 |
[10:40] | Are you really worried that Stacy might hurt me? | 你真的担心史黛西可能伤害我吗 |
[10:42] | Because I don’t have a problem with that. | 放心我可没问题 |
[10:43] | Fred, last time when you kissed Stacy, | 弗雷德 上次你吻了史黛西后 |
[10:46] | You disappeared. | 就消失了 |
[10:48] | And I don’t want that to happen again, okay? | 我不想这事再次发生 明白吗 |
[10:51] | Oh. I see. I broke their rules. | 我知道 我打破了上面的规矩 |
[10:53] | But you don’t have to worry about that. | 但是现在你不用担心了 |
[10:55] | See, when you started mocking up your life | 当你开始自暴自弃 |
[10:57] | and they sent me back, I made a new deal. | 他们送我回来时 我和他们签了新协议 |
[10:59] | I-I can kiss all I want, I-I can have a relationship, | 我可以随便亲谁 也可以谈恋爱 |
[11:02] | and it’s totally okay. | 全都没问题 |
[11:03] | Listen, I am your guardian angel, | 听着 我是你的守护天使 |
[11:06] | and I am here to stay | 我会伴你左右 |
[11:09] | and I can’t believe that Stacy might really like me! | 简直不敢相信 史黛西会真的喜欢我 |
[11:11] | No, I am not totally completely sure. | 别激动 我也不是很确定 |
[11:13] | I said I had a feeling. | 我只是说我有这种感觉 |
[11:15] | Well, I have a feeling, too. | 我也有种感觉 |
[11:16] | I am bringing sexy back. | 我又魅力十足了 |
[11:20] | Don’t ever say that again. | 你再这么说我就要吐了 |
[11:29] | Your honor, A.J. Fowler the producer of “The one”, | 法官大人 AJ·福勒作为《真命天女》的制片人 |
[11:32] | set out to humiliate my client on national television. | 企图在电视上公然羞辱我的委托人 |
[11:36] | That’s ridiculous. There was no mal-intent. | 这是血口喷人 我的委托人并无恶意 |
[11:38] | We move to dismiss. | 我方要求驳回起诉 |
[11:40] | Mr. Fowler manipulated footage | 福勒先生故意这样剪辑 |
[11:42] | to make Wendy appear…unhinged. | 让温迪看起来… 歇斯底里 |
[11:44] | I think the legal term is “Tough cookies.” | 我想这应该叫做 “自食其果” |
[11:47] | The contestant is aware that she may | 参赛者明知她自己可能会 |
[11:49] | be embarrassed, surprised, and or humiliated. | 尴尬 惊讶 以及丢脸 |
[11:52] | Signed and initialed. End of story. | 她还是签了协议 就这么简单 |
[11:53] | A release form cannot in principle, | 一份播出授权协议 原则上并不能 |
[11:55] | relieve producer of all responsibility. | 让制片人推卸所有责任 |
[11:58] | Yo honor, this’s not something — | 法官大人 这根本不是… |
[11:59] | Enough. She’s right. | 够了 她是对的 |
[12:00] | That’s for a jury to decide. | 有无责任由陪审团决定 |
[12:02] | Motion to dismiss denied. | 驳回撤诉请求 |
[12:08] | As head of human resources, | 作为人力资源部总监 |
[12:10] | I warned Mr. Robbins | 我警告过罗宾斯先生 |
[12:11] | that his tire was inappropriate and nonstandard. | 他的着装不恰当 也不符合规定 |
[12:13] | His performance record is stellar. | 但他的业绩非常出色 |
[12:15] | Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[12:16] | So then why not consider his personal circumstances? | 那为何不能体谅一下他的个人情况 |
[12:19] | Wearing a clown suit is simply part of his grieving process. | 打扮成小丑只是他发泄悲痛的一种方式 |
[12:22] | And I’m sorry for your loss, | 我很同情他的遭遇 |
[12:24] | but I received 27 complaints | 但我收到了27封投诉信 |
[12:27] | lodged against Mr. Robbins by fellow employees. | 全是同事们投诉罗宾斯先生的 |
[12:29] | Okay. You sound like a fair person. | 好吧 言谈中能看出你是个公正的人 |
[12:31] | So what if my client were to agree to | 所以 如果我的委托人同意 |
[12:34] | return to standard attire after a certain time frame? | 在一定期限后 恢复正常着装呢 |
[12:38] | Say, uh, one month from today? | 比如 从今天起一个月后 |
[12:41] | If we got something on paper, | 如果我们能签署书面协议 |
[12:43] | I think I could persuade my boss. | 我想我能说服老板同意 |
[12:45] | Can we just slow down for a second? | 这些我们晚点再商量好吗 |
[12:47] | I’m sorry, but we can’t | 抱歉 但是我们不能 |
[12:48] | ask our client to accept those terms. | 要求客户接受这种协议 |
[12:50] | Can we talk outside? | 我们能出去说吗 |
[12:51] | You don’t have to. No deal. | 没必要 我不会同意 |
[12:52] | Evan, you haven’t even considered the deal. | 埃文 仔细考虑下再说吧 |
[12:54] | And I won’t. | 我绝不答应 |
[12:56] | Ms. Bingum, my company wants to avoid litigation, | 宾格温女士 我们公司想避免官司 |
[12:58] | but we can’t negotiate with unreasonable partners. | 但我们无法和无理取闹的人协商 |
[13:13] | What the hell happened in there? | 刚才你是怎么了 |
[13:15] | We were about to settle. | 我们都快要达成协议了 |
[13:16] | Maybe, but not in a way that works for Evan. | 也许你觉得好 但埃文不会同意 |
[13:18] | You offered to help, and that is not what I call help. | 你说来帮我 却是在帮倒忙 |
[13:20] | You can’t put a ticking clock on grief, Jane. | 你不能给悲伤加上一个期限 简 |
[13:22] | We can’t ask him to do that. | 我们没权利要他这么做 |
[13:23] | You’re second chair. You don’t have the authority. | 你只是副手 你无权做决定 |
[13:25] | I offered second-chair | 我主动提出帮你 |
[13:26] | because I understand what Evan’s going through. | 是因为我理解埃文此刻的感受 |
[13:34] | So, the judge threw out the release, | 法官驳回了撤诉请求 |
[13:36] | so it doesn’t mater if Wendy signed it, right? | 所以温迪签没签授权协议无关紧要了 对吗 |
[13:39] | He didn’t throw it out. | 法官并没说我们败诉 |
[13:39] | He just opened the door to testimony. | 只是给我们提供了取证的机会 |
[13:41] | He’s saying the release alone | 法官的意思是 仅凭授权协议 |
[13:42] | won’t invalidate Wendy’s claim. | 并不足以撤销温迪对你的起诉 |
[13:44] | And I still say we win. | 我还是认为我们能赢 |
[13:46] | A.J , if you settle, you open the floodgates to lawsuits | AJ 如果你庭外和解 就开了先例 |
[13:49] | from every contestant who’s ever lost on the show. | 以后选秀节目中输掉的参赛者都可以索赔了 |
[13:51] | Your case may take a little time, | 这个案子也许会花点时间 |
[13:53] | but we will prevail. | 但是我们会赢的 |
[13:56] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[13:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:02] | See you in court. | 法庭上见 |
[14:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:06] | Don’t cross your arms at me. | 别用这种眼神看我 |
[14:08] | What happened to not raising our client’s expectations? | 为什么打击委托人 阻止他庭外和解 |
[14:11] | It’s still an easy one. | 赢这案子这不难 |
[14:12] | It’s called “Assumption of risk.” | 这叫做”自担风险”[常见免责事由] |
[14:13] | If you go swimming in a shark tank, | 如果你去鲨鱼池里游泳 |
[14:15] | you can’t complain when you’re bit. | 被咬了就没理由抱怨 |
[14:17] | Well, maybe she was prepared to get bit | 也许她有被咬的心理准备 |
[14:19] | but not have her entire leg ripped off. | 但没想过整条腿都会被扯下来 |
[14:23] | What’s going on, Kim? | 怎么回事 金 |
[14:24] | Look, I admit I took guilty pleasure | 我承认看到温迪的崩溃失态后 |
[14:27] | in Wendy’s meltdown, | 我幸灾乐祸 |
[14:28] | but that was when it felt like entertainment. | 但那时候我只把它当做娱乐节目 |
[14:31] | This feels like something else. | 现在我的感觉不同了 |
[14:33] | Well, get over it, | 那就克服这种感觉 |
[14:34] | because you’re cross-examining her tomorrow. | 因为明天你要对她做交互讯问 |
[14:36] | If I do it, I’ll look like a bully. | 如果我去问 会让人觉得恃强凌弱 |
[14:38] | Can’t imagine why. | 难道你不是吗 |
[14:44] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[14:46] | Evan’s minding his own business, | 埃文这么做又没影响其他人 |
[14:47] | and he gets fired for…playing dress-up. | 却因为奇装异服被开除 |
[14:50] | You know I’m always on your side, | 你知道 我总是支持你的 |
[14:52] | But dressing like a clown at work is a little weird, | 但是在工作场所打扮成小丑是很奇怪 |
[14:54] | Don’t you think? | 你不这么认为吗 |
[14:55] | You dressed like a banana at work once. | 你工作的时候还扮过香蕉呢 |
[14:57] | I was auditioning for Fruit Roll-Ups. | 那是为”水果缤纷”的广告试镜 |
[14:59] | Fine. You’re right. It’s weird. | 好吧 没错 的确很奇怪 |
[15:01] | But he shouldn’t be fired for it. | 但也不该因此炒了他呀 |
[15:04] | I mean, the man is in pain, | 他正在遭受丧妻之痛 |
[15:06] | and if this makes him feel better, | 如果这样能使他感觉好点 |
[15:07] | then why should anyone care? | 大家为什么要那么较真呢 |
[15:09] | Well, some people just don’t like clowns. | 有些人就是不喜欢小丑 |
[15:12] | My mom got one for my 7th birthday party. | 我七岁生日派对时 我妈就请来了一位 |
[15:14] | My sister ran to her room, started crying, | 我妹妹立即跑进卧室大哭 |
[15:16] | and wouldn’t come out until Mr. Patches left. | 直到”补丁先生”走了才出来 |
[15:19] | I never got my elephant-balloon hat. | 因此我从没戴过气球扎的大象帽子 |
[15:22] | Coulrophobia | 小丑恐惧症 |
[15:23] | — the abnormal or exaggerated fear of clowns. | 对小丑异常或夸张的恐惧 |
[15:26] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[15:27] | Apparently, being afraid of clowns is a real condition. | 看来现实中真的有人恐惧小丑 |
[15:31] | 27 people filed letter against Evan. | 有27个人提交了对埃文的投诉信 |
[15:34] | I mean, maybe coulrophobia is a common condition. | 也许 小丑恐惧症确实很常见 |
[15:37] | Not necessarily. | 也不一定 |
[15:38] | Remember senior year, when I launched a campaign | 记得吗 高中时我发起了一场运动 |
[15:41] | to ban white foods from the cafeteria? | 抵制自助餐厅的白色食物[不利于减肥] |
[15:42] | Of course. | 当然记得 |
[15:43] | The school year started in September, | 所以九月份开学时 |
[15:45] | and everyone knows | 所有人都知道 |
[15:45] | that white after Labor Day is a no-no. | 劳动节之后就不供应白色食物了 |
[15:47] | I got 62 signatures. | 我收集到62个人的签名 |
[15:49] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[15:51] | Well, you got the soccer team and the cheerleaders. | 你还说服了足球队和拉拉队 |
[15:53] | And the techie geeks. | 还有科学兴趣小组 |
[15:54] | You were their goddess. | 你是他们的梦中情人 |
[15:55] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[15:56] | But none of them cared about white food like I did. | 但是他们都不像我那么痛恨白色食物 |
[15:58] | They just signed the petition | 他们在志愿书上签名 |
[15:59] | because I asked them to. | 只因为我叫他们这么做 |
[16:01] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[16:02] | One of context’s key arguments | 这案子的一个关键点就是 |
[16:04] | is that there were 27 letters of complaint. | 那27封投诉信 |
[16:07] | But maybe there’s only one Stacy | 但也许这些投诉信后面 |
[16:09] | behind all those letters. | 只有一个”幕后黑手” |
[16:11] | You know what I have to do. | 知道我要做什么了吧 |
[16:13] | Find the Stacy, win the case. | 找到”幕后黑手” 打赢官司 |
[16:23] | Hi, Jane. | 嗨 简 |
[16:26] | You again. | 又是你 |
[16:27] | I’m still waiting for an apology. | 我仍在等你道歉 |
[16:31] | This isn’t my fault! | 这根本不是我的错 |
[16:33] | I mean, it was out of my control. | 又不是我造成这一切的 |
[16:35] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[16:37] | You are the one who pushed the return button. | 是你按了”返回”按钮 |
[16:40] | And now Grayson misses Deb | 现在 格雷森想念黛比 |
[16:42] | and your client misses his wife, | 你的委托人纪念亡妻 |
[16:43] | but no one misses me. | 但却没人怀念我 |
[16:45] | Because no one knows that I’m gone. | 因为没人知道我已经死了 |
[16:48] | Well, when you put it that way, | 听你这么说 |
[16:50] | I’m really, really sorry. | 我确实十分遗憾 |
[16:51] | No. You’re not the least bit contrite. | 不 你一点忏悔的念头都没有 |
[16:54] | No, honestly, I am. | 不 我真的很遗憾 |
[16:56] | I am extra-contrite, with a cherry on top. | 我懊悔万分 但也有点庆幸 |
[16:59] | You’re not sad. | 你根本不悲伤 |
[17:01] | or morose. | 情绪也不低落 |
[17:02] | You don’t look even disconcerted. | 你看上去甚至没有一点不安 |
[17:06] | You look happy. | 反倒很开心 |
[17:09] | See for yourself. | 你自己看看 |
[17:19] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[17:21] | Hey, I had another dream about old jane. | 我又梦到以前的简了 |
[17:24] | She’s upset because no one knows she died. | 她因为没人知道她的过世而伤心 |
[17:26] | That’s so sad. | 真是太惨了 |
[17:27] | I should do something special for her — | 我得专门为她做点什么 |
[17:29] | you know, to honor old jane. | 来纪念她 |
[17:31] | You know I love projects. Leave it to me. | 我最爱做”项目”啦 交给我吧 |
[17:35] | I can handle it. | 我能搞定啦 |
[17:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:37] | But no decoupage. | 但是别用剪纸装饰 |
[17:39] | Or glue guns. | 或者热胶枪什么的 |
[17:40] | Right. Something classy. | 好的 那就做成经典风格好啦 |
[17:42] | Now, get to work and save your clown. | 现在 上班去拯救你的小丑吧 |
[17:46] | Mr. Westenson, you wrote a letter to human resources | 韦斯顿森先生 你曾写信给人力资源部 |
[17:49] | complaining about my client’s clown suit, didn’t you? | 投诉我委托人的小丑装扮 是吗 |
[17:52] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[17:53] | Turns out you were the first of 27 letters. | 那是27封投诉信的第一封 |
[17:56] | A lot of people were upset. | 大家都不喜欢他那样 |
[17:58] | What department do you work in? | 你在哪个部门工作 |
[17:59] | I work in accounting. | 在财务部 |
[18:00] | Oh. Interesting. | 真有趣 |
[18:02] | All 27 letters came from your department, | 所有的27封投诉信都是来自你的部门 |
[18:04] | even though my client works in corporate sales. | 而我的当事人是在销售部工作 |
[18:08] | You don’t even work in the same building. | 你们甚至不在同一座楼里工作 |
[18:10] | Make your point, Ms. Bingum. | 说重点 宾格温女士 |
[18:11] | Isn’t it true that you asked — | 那么你有没有要求 |
[18:14] | well, perhaps encouraged — | 或者说怂恿 |
[18:16] | maybe even cajoled your co-workers | 甚至哄骗你的同事们 |
[18:19] | to write letters against my client? | 写信投诉我的当事人 |
[18:21] | I can’t make anyone do anything. | 我无法逼别人做事 |
[18:22] | Mr. Westenson, you haven’t looked at my client once | 韦斯顿森先生 自从你坐上证人席 |
[18:25] | since taking the stand. | 都没看过我委托人一眼 |
[18:26] | – Would you please look at him? – I’d rather not. | -你能看他一眼吗 -我不想看 |
[18:28] | ’cause clowns upset you? | 因为小丑让你不安吗 |
[18:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:39] | They smile all the time. | 他们无时无刻不在傻笑 |
[18:42] | You can’t tell what they’re thinking. | 你不知道他们心里在想什么 |
[18:43] | It freaks me out, okay? | 那让我很难受 够了吗 |
[18:46] | Sounds like coulrophobia to me. | 听起来像小丑恐惧症 |
[18:48] | The irrational fear of clowns. | 这种病人会无故害怕小丑 |
[18:52] | On the season finale of “The one”… | 在本季《真命天女》大结局中 |
[18:54] | I came here to find the one, and I have. | 我来这里寻找我的真命天女 我找到了 |
[18:57] | Wendy, Annabelle’s the one. | 温迪 我的真命天女是安娜贝尔 |
[18:59] | …all her dreams will be shattered. | …她的爱与梦都被打碎了 |
[19:01] | You said that you loved me. We love each other. | 你说过你爱我 我们是相爱的 |
[19:04] | I’m the one. I’m the one. | 我是你的真命天女 我才是 |
[19:05] | You told me I was the one. | 你说过我是你的真命天女 |
[19:07] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:09] | Toby… | 托比 |
[19:10] | Toby! | 托比 |
[19:12] | Toby!! | 托比 |
[19:13] | Can you just turn the cameras off? | 拜托你关掉摄像机好吗 |
[19:15] | Can you turn the cameras off?! | 拜托你关掉摄像机好吗 |
[19:17] | Turn the cameras off!! | 关掉摄像机 |
[19:18] | “Weeping Wendy,” | “哭泣的温迪” |
[19:19] | – Tuesday at 9:00 p.m. – Just leave me alone! | -周二晚九点见 -离我远点 |
[19:20] | The show promoted this clip over and over, | 电视上不断播放这段视频 |
[19:23] | Calling you “Weeping Wendy,” isn’t that right? | 还叫你”哭泣的温迪” 是这样吗 |
[19:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:27] | People shout that at me from their cars. | 大街上的人都这么喊我 |
[19:30] | I’m a punch line for Leno and Letterman. | 我现在是雷诺和莱特曼的笑料[二人是脱口秀主持人] |
[19:33] | And thanks to the internet, | 而且拜互联网所赐 |
[19:35] | people make fun of me in china. | 连远在中国的人都拿我开玩笑 |
[19:37] | So, you feel the show — | 因此 你认为这个真人秀 |
[19:38] | And, in particular, Mr. Fowler — | 特别是福勒先生 |
[19:40] | has damaged your reputation? | 损坏了你的名誉 |
[19:42] | What happens next time I apply for a job? | 这样我以后还怎么找工作 |
[19:45] | Who would hire someone who appears unhinged? | 谁会雇一个当众歇斯底里的人 |
[19:47] | And as far as any future relationships go… | 还有未来的感情道路… |
[19:51] | I just… | 我… |
[19:53] | It feels impossible. | 看不到一点希望 |
[19:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:01] | Ms. Simon, “The One” is in its 11th season. | 西蒙女士 《真命天女》已经播了11季 |
[20:05] | Had you seen the show before? | 你看过之前的秀吗 |
[20:07] | Yes. | 看过 |
[20:08] | So you saw Melissa get so drunk, | 你应该看过梅丽莎喝得烂醉 |
[20:10] | she puked during the canoe ride, | 结果坐独木舟时呕吐 |
[20:12] | and the time Maryellen lost her bikini bottoms | 还有玛耶伦在跳水时 |
[20:15] | diving into the swimming pool — on national TV? | 比基尼泳裤掉了下来 当着全国观众的面 |
[20:18] | Yeah. | 看过 |
[20:18] | So you understood that even though | 那你应该明白 |
[20:20] | the producers put you in a wedding dress, | 即使制片人让你穿上婚纱 |
[20:21] | it didn’t mean you were the one. | 不等于你就是最终赢家 |
[20:25] | I guess. | 大概是吧 |
[20:33] | In fact, isn’t this just a case of swimming with sharks | 实际上你明知池中有鲨鱼 却仍下水与鲨鱼共舞 |
[20:37] | and then complaining when you were bitten? | 结果被咬了却怪罪于人 是这样吗 |
[20:40] | I went on this show despite the risks | 我不顾风险上这个节目 |
[20:43] | because I thought I was gonna find love. | 是因为我想找到真爱 |
[20:45] | But you lost. | 但你输了 |
[20:46] | And then, out of desperation, | 因此你恼羞成怒 |
[20:48] | you hired a lawyer to lash out at my client. | 雇律师抨击我的当事人出气 |
[20:50] | You put yourself in this position, Ms. Simon. | 这一切的始作俑者是你自己 西蒙女士 |
[20:53] | You knew the risks, didn’t you? | 你明知有风险 不是吗 |
[20:56] | I guess. But I just — | 算是吧 但我 |
[20:58] | But what? | 但什么 |
[21:04] | That’s what I thought. | 无话可说了吧 |
[21:06] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[21:16] | Evan, can you please explain — | 埃文 你能否解释一下 |
[21:18] | Why a clown? | 为何扮成小丑 |
[21:20] | My — my wife and I were at the boardwalk in Santa Monica | 我妻子去世前一天 我和她一起在圣塔莫尼卡 |
[21:24] | the day before she died, | 海滩上的小游乐园 |
[21:25] | and there was a-a clown performing. | 当时有个小丑在表演 |
[21:28] | And he picked Anna tout of the crowd, | 他从人群中选出了安娜 |
[21:31] | and he was making fun of the way she walked. | 还模仿她走路的样子来搞笑 |
[21:33] | And…She was laughing so hard. | 她笑的那么开心 |
[21:38] | She loved it. | 她很喜欢 |
[21:40] | So, as a clown, you feel closer to her. | 所以 扮成小丑 你感觉离她更近了 |
[21:43] | Yeah. That’s true. | 对 的确如此 |
[21:45] | When you catch your reflection in the mirror, | 当你看着镜子中的小丑 |
[21:47] | how does it make you feel? | 有何感受 |
[21:51] | Like I, uh… | 感觉好像 |
[21:54] | like I can get through the day. | 我能熬过这一天 |
[21:59] | Thank you, Evan. | 谢谢 埃文 |
[22:02] | Mr. Robbins, | 罗宾斯先生 |
[22:04] | do you have healthcare coverage through context? | 你的劳工合同中是否包括医保 |
[22:06] | Yes. | 是 |
[22:07] | And does that coverage include mental health? | 那是否包括精神疾病的医保 |
[22:10] | Yes. | 是 |
[22:11] | Have you sought out therapy? | 那你有否寻求专业治疗 |
[22:13] | No, I haven’t. | 不 我没有 |
[22:15] | So you’ve chosen instead to wear a…clown costume | 所以你就选择打扮成… 小丑 |
[22:19] | – as your therapy? – Objection. | -作为慰藉 -反对 |
[22:21] | He’s not in a position | 他无权质疑 |
[22:22] | to question how my client grieves for his wife. | 我当事人追忆妻子的方式 |
[22:24] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[22:25] | Answer the question. | 证人请作答 |
[22:28] | So, this costume, then, | 这一装扮 |
[22:30] | Is some sort of coping mechanism? | 也算是某种应对机制 |
[22:33] | I guess. | 是吧 |
[22:34] | And you’ve inflicted this unconventional coping mechanism | 你将这种非传统应对机制 |
[22:37] | on your co-workers, haven’t you? | 建立在同事的痛苦之上 不是吗 |
[22:38] | No, I didn’t think that — | 不 我不认为… |
[22:39] | The workplace is not the forum | 公司并不是让你 |
[22:41] | to deal with personal issues, is it? | 处理私人问题的场合 对吗 |
[22:49] | I asked you a question. | 我在问你问题 |
[22:57] | Mr. Robbins, you are out of order! | 罗宾斯先生 你在破坏法庭秩序 |
[23:00] | Your honor. | 法官大人 |
[23:00] | Either stop honking or I’ll place you in contempt! | 停止按喇叭 否则判你藐视法庭 |
[23:02] | Evan! | 埃文 |
[23:04] | That’s it! You’re in contempt! | 够了 藐视法庭 |
[23:05] | – Bailiff, take him into custody! – Evan! | -法警 逮捕他 -埃文 |
[23:09] | – Don’t touch me. – Let’s go. | -别碰我 -走 |
[23:30] | Jane. | 简 |
[23:32] | So, I spoke with the clerk. | 我和书记员说好了 |
[23:34] | They’ll release him in a few hours. | 几小时后他就能被释放了 |
[23:36] | How can I be so mad at Evan | 为什么我会这么生埃文的气 |
[23:39] | and feel so terrible for him at the same time? | 同时又这么为他难过 |
[23:41] | Imagine how he feels. | 想想他的感受 |
[23:43] | I mean, his pain’s so deep, it’s easier to be a clown. | 他伤得太深 扮作小丑会让他好过点 |
[23:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:49] | Hey, Grayson… | 格雷森 |
[23:52] | What did you do when Deb died? | 黛比去世时 你是怎么熬过来的 |
[24:03] | I remember… spending a lot of time | 我记得 花了很多时间 |
[24:06] | driving around — aimlessly. | 开车到处逛 漫无目的 |
[24:09] | One time, I got in my car to go to the gym | 一次 我本想去健身房 |
[24:11] | and ended up at the Mexican border. | 结果却开到墨西哥边境 |
[24:14] | No idea why. | 不知道这是为什么 |
[24:16] | Did you talk to someone — go to therapy? | 你有没有找人谈心 找心理医生 |
[24:18] | I probably should have. | 当时真该这么做 |
[24:21] | I was a mess. I couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat. | 我当时一团糟 睡不着 吃不下 |
[24:26] | Every morning, I’d wake up | 每天早晨醒来 |
[24:28] | and look at the empty spot in the bed next to me and… | 看着空荡荡的床 |
[24:33] | put my fist through a wall. | 一拳打在墙上 |
[24:36] | I-I had no idea. | 我… 没想到 |
[24:39] | I mean, you were… coming to work every day. | 当时你… 每天都来正常上班啊 |
[24:42] | I billed 100 hours a week my first month at the firm. | 第一个月 我每周在公司耗100多小时 |
[24:48] | How did you get over it? | 后来你怎么恢复正常的 |
[24:52] | Well, after a long day at work, I came home, | 一天我筋疲力竭地回到家 |
[24:54] | and all the plants were dead… | 植物都枯萎凋零 |
[24:56] | there was nothing in the fridge, | 冰箱里空空如也 |
[24:59] | and my walls were full of holes. | 墙上也千疮百孔 |
[25:02] | I remember thinking that if Deb saw me… | 我当时想 如果黛比看见了 |
[25:06] | she wouldn’t like the man she was looking at. | 她绝不会喜欢这样的我 |
[25:11] | So I cleaned up the house, cleaned up my act. | 所以我整理了房子 收拾干净自己 |
[25:17] | To be the man… | 做回那个 |
[25:19] | That she wanted me to be. | 她眼中的我 |
[25:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:27] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:33] | Ugh. I hope that is a roast turkey with chestnut stuffing. | 但愿这是塞有栗子的烤火鸡 |
[25:36] | Why do I always crave thanksgiving during summer? | 为什么我总在夏天渴望感恩节 |
[25:38] | The card shop downstairs is going out of business, | 楼下的卡片店正要关门大吉 |
[25:40] | and I bought all of those valentine’s cards for 99 cents. | 这些情人节卡片才99美分一张 |
[25:43] | That is planning ahead. | 真是未雨绸缪 |
[25:44] | They are gonna help me with Stacy. | 我要用它们追史黛西 |
[25:46] | See, I have recently learned that she might like me. | 其实 我最近听说她可能喜欢我 |
[25:49] | – You? – Yes. Don’t mock. | -你 -对 不许笑 |
[25:52] | And, for some reason, whenever she’s in the room, | 但不知为何 只要她在周围 |
[25:54] | I can’t seem to form complete sentences. | 我说话就磕磕巴巴的 |
[25:57] | Which is why I am turning to the professionals | 所以我要向那些专业人士学习 |
[26:00] | who are paid money to write down what women want to hear. | 看看女人究竟想要听什么 |
[26:03] | “I love you when the day is new. | “我爱你 在崭新的一天里 |
[26:06] | “I love you when the sky is blue. | 我爱你 在湛蓝的晴空下 |
[26:07] | And when the sun’s about to set…” | 在红日初升之时…” |
[26:09] | “I’ll tell you you’re an idiot.” | “我将看清你是个白痴” |
[26:11] | Hilarious. | 真喜感 |
[26:12] | All right, check this out. | 好吧 那这个 |
[26:14] | “Arrepentido para la perdida de su abuelo.” | [西班牙语] |
[26:19] | It’s romantic and sophisticated. | 这句既浪漫又优雅 |
[26:21] | And it means “I’m sorry your grandfather died.” | 意思是”对你祖父的过世我很遗憾” |
[26:23] | Fred, you don’t need to be poetic. | 弗雷德 你不用吟诗作对 |
[26:26] | Just be real. | 真诚一点 |
[26:27] | Tell her how you feel. | 告诉她你的真情实感 |
[26:30] | Real…Feel. | 真情… 实感 |
[26:33] | I can work with that. | 这个我能搞定 |
[26:37] | Oh, sure. There were plenty of great women to choose from. | 当然 有很多好姑娘可以选 |
[26:40] | But in the end, I was totally going for Wendy. | 但最后 我一心只在温迪身上 |
[26:44] | So…What happened? | 那为什么不选她 |
[26:45] | Well, the night before I was gonna propose, | 因为我准备求婚的前夜 |
[26:48] | A.J. strongly suggested that I choose the other girl. | AJ强烈建议我选择其他女孩 |
[26:52] | “Strongly suggested”? | “强烈建议” |
[26:53] | He said that Annabelle tested higher with the viewers. | 他说安娜贝尔的人气更高 |
[26:56] | So if you chose Annabelle, it would be better for the show. | 也就是你选安娜贝尔对节目更好 |
[26:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:59] | Nothing further. | 没问题了 |
[27:06] | You weren’t forced to choose Annabelle, were you? | 你并不是被迫选择安娜贝尔的 对吗 |
[27:09] | Well, they didn’t put a gun to my head. | 他们又没用枪顶着我脑门 |
[27:11] | You list your profession as “contractor”, | 你自称是承包商 |
[27:13] | but actually, you’re a struggling actor, aren’t you? | 但实际上 你是个苦苦挣扎的演员 对吗 |
[27:15] | I…do a little bit of both. | 我… 差不多身兼两职 |
[27:18] | You picked Annabelle because you thought | 你选择了安娜贝尔 是因为你认为 |
[27:19] | it would raise your profile as an actor? | 这样能提高你作为演员的知名度 |
[27:23] | Why not? You know? | 当然 |
[27:25] | A couple of the guys from “The real world” got agents. | 几个参加”真实世界”的哥们儿都有经纪人了 |
[27:27] | So you dumped Wendy because you thought it would benefit your career. | 所以你甩了温迪 是为了自己的职业考虑 |
[27:32] | If Wendy suffered any emotional distress on the show, | 如果温迪在节目中受到了精神上的打击 |
[27:35] | aren’t you responsible, not my client? | 不该是你的责任吗 而非我的当事人 |
[27:39] | Hey, I was just looking out for myself. | 我只是为自己找出路 |
[27:40] | He’s the one that asked me to break her heart | 是他让我伤她的心 |
[27:42] | and then put her meltdown on tv. | 还把她崩溃的丑态放上电视 |
[27:50] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[28:00] | Kim. Hey. | 金 |
[28:02] | What is going on? | 怎么了 |
[28:03] | It’s not going well in there. | 案子一点不顺利 |
[28:05] | Maybe not, but our client hasn’t testified yet. | 也许吧 但我们的委托人还没作证呢 |
[28:07] | Really? You think A.J.’s gonna win the jury over? | 不是吧 你真觉得AJ能赢得陪审团支持 |
[28:10] | Not if you keep throwing dirty looks at him. | 只要你别总鄙视他就行了 |
[28:11] | Hey, if you choose to represent slimeballs, | 如果你选择为这种混账代理 |
[28:13] | your colleagues might have an adverse reaction. | 小心你的同事产生逆反心理 |
[28:15] | What is going on with you? A.J.’s not a bad guy. | 你怎么了 AJ没那么坏 |
[28:18] | No, you’re right. He’s a gem. | 是啊是啊 他是美质良才 |
[28:20] | It’s the dumb girl’s fault | 都是那女孩的错 |
[28:21] | for looking for love on a reality show. | 竟然去真人秀场找真爱 |
[28:23] | She deserved to get dragged through the mud. | 活该惹一身腥 |
[28:24] | We’ve been through this. It’s — | 这我们已经谈过了 |
[28:25] | Don’t you dare say “assumption of risk”, | 你再说一遍”自担风险”试试 |
[28:27] | or I swear to god someone’s going down! | 别逼我抽你 |
[28:29] | Okay, what are we really talking about here? | 好吧 我们到底在吵什么 |
[28:32] | We are talking about you and that girl in the elevator. | 在说你和电梯里那女孩 |
[28:36] | Eileen? | 艾琳 |
[28:37] | I don’t even talk to Eileen. | 我根本不搭理她了 |
[28:39] | Exactly. You don’t talk to any of your exes, do you? | 正是 前女友你一个都不会搭理的 |
[28:42] | When I’m in a relationship, I’m in 100%. | 我恋爱时 会100%投入 |
[28:44] | When it’s over, it’s over. | 分手后 就彻底结束了 |
[28:46] | And your ex turns into the invisible woman. | 前女友就成隐形人了 |
[28:49] | After all, she assumed the risk. | 毕竟 她应该自担风险啊 |
[28:51] | I don’t understand why you’re taking this so personally. | 我不明白你怎么会扯到这么私人的问题 |
[28:53] | Because relationships end. | 因为恋情总会终结 |
[28:56] | I work for you. What happens when we’re over? | 你是我上司 我们分手后会怎样 |
[29:13] | Thanks for bailing me out. | 谢谢你保我出来 |
[29:15] | Well, I couldn’t very well leave a clown in jail, right? | 我总不能把小丑留在监狱里吧 |
[29:18] | It was a little iffy in there. Not everyone’s a fan. | 那儿气氛太诡异了 竟然没人喜欢小丑 |
[29:21] | I got your message. You wanted to talk? | 我收到你消息 是要和我谈谈吗 |
[29:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:24] | What happened in court — it really hurt your case. | 今天这件事 对你的案子负面影响很大 |
[29:27] | I-I know. | 我知道 |
[29:28] | I…I messed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[29:30] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:32] | Evan, can I ask you something personal? | 埃文 我能问你点私人问题吗 |
[29:36] | At this point, why not? | 都到这份上了 当然可以 |
[29:38] | Take a seat. | 坐 |
[29:41] | If your wife were still alive… | 如果你妻子还活着 |
[29:46] | What would she think about all this? | 她会怎么想 |
[29:50] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[29:53] | Dressing like a clown… | 打扮成小丑 |
[29:54] | Acting up in court, getting thrown in jail. | 在法庭上搞怪 被关进监狱 |
[29:57] | How do you think this would look to her? | 你觉得她会怎么想 |
[30:00] | I don’t — I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:02] | I guess it looks like my life’s messed up | 会觉得我生活得一团糟吧 |
[30:03] | and that I got what I deserved. | 而且得到了应有的惩罚 |
[30:05] | Wait. Sorry — got what you deserved? | 等等 什么应有的惩罚 |
[30:12] | What aren’t you telling me? | 你有什么瞒着我 |
[30:16] | Evan, please. | 埃文 说吧 |
[30:20] | This — it’s my fault. | 这… 都是我的错 |
[30:24] | No. It was an accident. | 不 那是个意外 |
[30:26] | I… | 我… |
[30:27] | She was making our anniversary dinner | 当时她在准备周年纪念晚餐 |
[30:30] | and asked me to pick up basil on my way home from work, | 让我下班回家带点紫苏回去 |
[30:32] | and I forgot. | 结果我忘了 |
[30:33] | I-I told her that we didn’t need it, | 我跟她说不用了 |
[30:36] | but she — she insisted. | 但她坚持要 |
[30:38] | She wanted… dinner to be perfect. | 她要完美的周年纪念晚餐 |
[30:40] | And she went back out to get it. | 所以她又出门去买 |
[30:42] | Evan — | 埃文 |
[30:44] | And on the way to the store, that’s when it happened. | 车祸就是在去商店的路上发生的 |
[30:45] | You know, Anna died because… | 你知道 安娜的死是因为… |
[30:51] | If I’d just done what she asked… | 要是我照着她说的做… |
[30:54] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[30:56] | This wasn’t your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[30:59] | Evan… | 埃文 |
[31:01] | A man very close to me lost his girlfriend, whom he loved very much. | 我有一位好友失去了他深爱的女友 |
[31:07] | And he told me that he was only able to move on | 他告诉我 当他想到她会希望看到怎样的自己时 |
[31:11] | when he started to see himself through her eyes. | 才摆脱了消沉 继续生活 |
[31:17] | Obviously, I-I didn’t know Anna. | 虽然我不了解安娜 |
[31:20] | But I don’t believe she’d blame you for what happened. | 但我不信她会为所发生的事埋怨你 |
[31:26] | I loved her s-so much. | 我那么爱她 |
[31:30] | And I’m sure she loved you, too. | 我确信她也爱你 |
[31:35] | But she loved the man she married. | 但她爱的 是那个娶她的人 |
[31:39] | Not a clown. | 不是一个小丑 |
[31:46] | – Okay. – Here. | -好的 -给 |
[32:07] | Can I help? | 要我帮忙吗 |
[32:09] | Yeah. | 好 |
[32:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:50] | Hey, A.J. | 嗨 AJ |
[32:52] | Do you know what’s going on? | 你知道发生什么事了吗 |
[32:53] | I got a text from Parker telling me to meet him here. | 我收到帕克的短信 说在这里和他碰头 |
[32:55] | Yeah, I-I got the same text. | 是啊 我也收到了 |
[32:57] | Hello, people. I can explain. | 大家好 我来解释 |
[32:59] | A.J., remember the other day | AJ 记得那天 |
[33:01] | when you suggested we settle this case? | 你建议我们庭外和解此案吗 |
[33:03] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[33:04] | I should have listened. | 我该听你的话的 |
[33:05] | I’ve actually scheduled a meeting | 实际上 我已经安排了一个 |
[33:06] | with Wendy and her attorney. | 和温迪以及她的律师的和解会 |
[33:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[33:10] | Last night, I was thinking about Toby’s testimony, about the ratings. | 昨晚我在考虑托比的关于收视率的证词 |
[33:14] | And I found something interesting in the case files. | 然后我在卷宗中发现了些有趣的东西 |
[33:17] | It was a confidential research memo | 是一份保密研究备忘录 |
[33:19] | listing the audience appeal of every contestant on the show. | 列出了节目中每名选手在观众中的人气 |
[33:23] | You know where this is going, don’t you? | 你明白这意味着什么 对吗 |
[33:25] | Wendy was rated higher than the winner. | 温迪的排名比获胜的人要高 |
[33:27] | So if you were only after ratings, | 所以 要是你们完全根据排名 |
[33:31] | you would have just let Toby pick Wendy, right? | 你们就会让托比选择温迪 是吗 |
[33:35] | Yeah. | 是 |
[33:37] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[33:40] | When did you realize you were in love with Wendy? | 你什么时候意识到自己爱上温迪的 |
[33:44] | What? | 什么 |
[33:47] | He’s right. | 他说的没错 |
[33:49] | I-I-I never met anybody like Wendy. | 我从未接触过像温迪这样的女孩 |
[33:52] | She has no guile, no pretense, no agenda. | 她不狡诈 不虚伪 没有阴谋诡计 |
[33:56] | She was — | 她是 |
[33:58] | She was genuinely looking for love. | 她是真的寻找真爱 |
[34:02] | And Toby was looking to launch a TV career. | 而托比只是想借机开始电视明星生涯 |
[34:05] | I wasn’t trying to hurt her. | 我不是想伤害她 |
[34:06] | I was just trying to protect her from that jerk. | 我只是想保护她不受那个混蛋的伤害 |
[34:08] | Why didn’t you tell her how you felt? | 那为何不告诉她你的感受 |
[34:10] | I… | 我 |
[34:18] | Too risky. | 太冒险了 |
[34:19] | A.J., if you cared for her, | AJ 要是你为她着想 |
[34:21] | why did you show her in such an unflattering light? | 为何还特意展现她如此狼狈的样子 |
[34:24] | The network controls promotion. | 电视网控制着片花 |
[34:26] | I couldn’t do anything about it. | 我也无能为力 |
[34:29] | Wendy Simon and her attorney are here. | 温迪·西蒙和她的律师到了 |
[34:34] | Maybe it’s time to take that risk. | 或许是时候冒个险了 |
[34:38] | Hello again. | 又见面了 |
[34:45] | Um, before we start… | 在我们开始前 |
[34:47] | I’d — I’d — I’d like to apologize to Wendy. | 我想 我想向温迪道歉 |
[34:52] | And… | 还有 |
[34:53] | I’d like to do it in private. | 我想私下说 |
[34:55] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[34:56] | I will be present for any interaction. | 任何接触 我都必须在场 |
[34:58] | Wendy, just hear me out. | 温迪 听我说完 |
[35:01] | Please. | 求你 |
[35:06] | It’s okay, Paula. | 没事的 宝拉 |
[35:08] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事 |
[35:11] | Evan, I hardly recognized you without your clown makeup. | 埃文 没穿小丑服 我差点认不出你 |
[35:13] | Yeah, to be honest, it feels kind of weird | 是呀 老实说 没人盯着我看 |
[35:15] | people aren’t staring at me. | 反而有点怪怪的 |
[35:18] | Oh. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:20] | Lady and gentleman, | 女士们先生们 |
[35:21] | May I introduce your client, | 请允许我介绍你们的委托人 |
[35:22] | Evan Robbins? | 埃文·罗宾斯 |
[35:23] | Wow. You clean up nicely. | 哇 你收拾得真不错 |
[35:26] | I just… wanted to say “Thank you.” | 我只是 想说谢谢 |
[35:28] | Both of you. | 你们俩 |
[35:29] | I got my job back. | 我重得我的工作了 |
[35:31] | That’s fantastic. | 太好了 |
[35:33] | And I’m…doing my best to move on. | 并且我努力忘记过去 继续生活 |
[35:35] | I’m sure Anna would want that. | 相信这也是安娜希望的 |
[35:39] | It’s you, isn’t it? | 是你 对吗 |
[35:41] | Jane told me about a friend whose girlfriend passed away. | 简告诉我 她一位朋友的女友去世的事 |
[35:50] | You’re gonna be okay, Evan. | 你会没事的 埃文 |
[35:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:54] | Well, uh, I got to go. | 那么 我得走了 |
[35:57] | My lunch break is over in 10 minutes, | 午餐休息还有10分钟就要结束了 |
[35:58] | And I don’t want to be late, so… | 我可不想迟到 所以 |
[36:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[36:03] | Bye, Evan. | 再见 埃文 |
[36:10] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[36:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:13] | For what? | 为了什么 |
[36:15] | For letting me see Evan through your eyes. | 为了让我通过你了解埃文 |
[36:17] | And for talking with me about Deb. | 还为了和我谈论黛比 |
[36:20] | I know that couldn’t have been easy. | 我明白那不容易 |
[36:24] | Well, it beats punching my fist through walls. | 是比用拳头砸墙要痛苦 |
[36:28] | I should be thanking you. | 我也该谢谢你 |
[36:31] | For listening. | 做我的听众 |
[36:35] | I’m here. | 我就在你身边 |
[36:37] | Anytime. | 随时效劳 |
[36:49] | “Love is… | “爱是… |
[36:50] | Love is fire.” | 爱是火焰 |
[36:53] | Love is rain. | 爱是雨滴 |
[36:55] | Love is — | 爱是 |
[36:56] | Love is ra… | 爱是雨…” |
[37:01] | I got your text to meet you here. What’s up? | 我收到你短信说在这里碰面 什么事 |
[37:03] | Hey, Stacy. | 嗨 史黛西 |
[37:05] | Um… | 嗯 |
[37:07] | It — it seems, um… I-I — | 似乎 呃 我… |
[37:10] | D-do — a-as far as, uh — | 你… 我… |
[37:12] | D-did you want a hot wing? | 你要香辣鸡翅吗 |
[37:13] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[37:18] | Love is… | 爱是… |
[37:20] | Fire. | 火焰 |
[37:21] | Love is… | 爱是… |
[37:23] | Uh…rain. | 嗯 雨滴 |
[37:24] | Love is sunshine. | 爱是阳光 |
[37:25] | It seems, um… | 看起来 呃 |
[37:27] | Oh, my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[37:28] | Uh, let me start again. | 让我从头再来 |
[37:30] | It’s Charlie Taggart. | 那是查理·塔格特 |
[37:31] | Who? | 谁 |
[37:32] | He was in my acting class. | 他曾和我在一个表演班上课 |
[37:33] | We dated for a while, but he dumped me. | 我们约会过一阵子 不过他甩了我 |
[37:35] | He dumped you? | 他甩了你 |
[37:37] | For a girl with a recurng role | 为了一个在《大胆而美丽》中 |
[37:39] | on “The Bold and The Beautiful.” | 有常驻角色的女孩 |
[37:41] | Nuh-huh. He’s coming over. | 嗯哼 他要过来了 |
[37:42] | Stacy? | 史黛西 |
[37:45] | Hello, Charlie. | 你好 查理 |
[37:46] | You look fantastic. | 你看上去棒极了 |
[37:47] | Uh, this is Fred. | 这是弗雷德 |
[37:50] | – Uh, Fred, Charlie. – Hi. | -弗雷德 这是查理 -嗨 |
[37:52] | – How’s the acting thing going? – It’s going. | -演艺事业进展如何 -进展… |
[37:55] | Slow…Ly. | 缓慢 |
[37:56] | Hey, don’t worry about it. | 嗨 别担心 |
[37:57] | With looks like yours, you don’t need talent. | 凭你的长相 根本不需要天份 |
[38:01] | Hey. | 小子 |
[38:04] | I will have you know that Stacy | 我告诉你 史黛西 |
[38:05] | is one of the most talented actresses of our generation. | 是我们这一代中最具天赋的女演员之一 |
[38:08] | She illuminates the human condition by her very presence. | 她的存在 提升了人类的境界 |
[38:12] | Her — her — her soul is pure and kind, | 她的 她的灵魂纯净而善良 |
[38:14] | and she is one of the most graceful people I’ve ever met. | 她还是我所遇见的最优雅礼貌的人之一 |
[38:16] | In fact, she is both bold and beautiful. | 事实上 她不仅大胆 而且美丽 |
[38:19] | So go get us a waiter | 乖乖去叫个服务生过来 |
[38:20] | and tell him I want some ranch dressing. | 告诉他我要点牧场色拉酱 |
[38:26] | Fred, that was…really sweet. | 弗雷德 你太贴心了 |
[38:31] | Uh…Stacy… | 史黛西 |
[38:33] | I-I-I’ve been… trying to ask for some time… | 我一直… 想找时间 |
[38:38] | W-would you go out on a-a-a date with me? | 你愿意和我约会吗 |
[38:42] | Isn’t this a date? | 这次难道不是吗 |
[38:45] | Oh, um… I-I — | 噢 呃 我 |
[38:56] | Absolutely. | 当然是 |
[39:01] | Yeah. | 进 |
[39:02] | Well, that’s the first time | 这是第一次 |
[39:04] | I’ve been kicked out of a settlement meeting. | 我在调解会议中被踢出局 |
[39:05] | I hear Wendy and A.J. are continuing at the little bistro on the corner. | 我听说温迪和AJ在街角的小餐馆继续 |
[39:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:10] | Maybe… | 或许 |
[39:11] | she found love on a reality show after all. | 她最终还是在真人秀节目中找到真爱了 |
[39:13] | Anything’s possible, right? | 事事皆可能 不是吗 |
[39:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:20] | Kim… | 金 |
[39:22] | Can we talk about us? | 能谈谈我们的事吗 |
[39:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:25] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:26] | Relationships end. | 恋情总会结束 |
[39:29] | But you should know this is the first time | 但是你要知道 这是第一次 |
[39:30] | I’m not thinking about the end at the beginning. | 我在开始那一刻 没想过要结束 |
[39:35] | So, I was wondering if you would reconsider | 所以 我在想 你是否愿意重新考虑 |
[39:38] | going away with me this weekend. | 和我一起度周末 |
[39:39] | I don’t — I don’t — | 我 我不… |
[39:40] | Look, I understand you’re taking a risk dating the boss. | 听着 我理解和上司约会 你在冒险 |
[39:45] | But I’m taking a risk, too. | 但是我也在冒险 |
[39:46] | How? | 怎样 |
[39:49] | I would like nothing more in the world | 和你共度周末 |
[39:51] | than to go away with you this weekend. | 是我最向往的事 |
[39:54] | But you could say no. | 不过 你可以说不 |
[39:58] | Not after hearing you say that I couldn’t. | 听了你说的 我还能拒绝吗 |
[40:09] | Ah! Finally! You’re home! | 啊 你终于到家了 |
[40:13] | You were right about Fred. I like him. | 弗雷德的事你是对的 我喜欢他 |
[40:16] | We had wings, and we kissed. | 我们吃了鸡翅 还接吻了 |
[40:18] | You kissed? | 你们接吻了吗 |
[40:20] | He didn’t disappear, did he? | 他没有消失不见 对吗 |
[40:22] | No. He went to the store. | 没有 他去买东西了 |
[40:23] | We ran out of algae and tofu. | 我们没有海带和豆腐了 |
[40:25] | okay. | 好吧 |
[40:27] | And guess what. | 还有 你猜怎么了 |
[40:28] | He bought you and me tickets to the “Kiss and Makeup” Expo. | 他为你和我买了”热吻化妆品”展会的票 |
[40:32] | How sweet is that? | 多贴心啊 |
[40:33] | He’s an angel. | 他是个天使 |
[40:36] | Stacy, I’m so happy for you. | 史黛西 我为你高兴 |
[40:38] | Thank you, sweetie. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[40:39] | But enough about me. It’s time to talk about Jane. | 不过说够了我的事 是该谈谈简了 |
[40:43] | – Come. – Okay. | -过来 -好吧 |
[40:47] | Ta-da! | 请看 |
[40:57] | Stacy, this is awesome. | 史黛西 太棒了 |
[40:59] | Would you like to say something? | 你想说点什么吗 |
[41:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:08] | It’s long overdue, | 我早该这么做的 |
[41:10] | But tonight, we memorialize Jane Bingum… | 今晚 我们纪念简·宾格温 |
[41:15] | A woman who was never mourned | 一位从来无人悼念的女性 |
[41:17] | because no one knows she’s gone. | 因为没人知道她已离去 |
[41:22] | Jane… | 简 |
[41:24] | Thank you for the gifts you’ve given me. | 多谢你给我的礼物 |
[41:28] | A loving family… | 一个充满爱的家庭 |
[41:30] | And an amazing singing voice… | 一幅好嗓子 |
[41:33] | Gorgeous, shiny hair… | 美丽光泽的秀发 |
[41:35] | Flawless skin and great teeth. | 无暇的肌肤 整齐的牙齿 |
[41:37] | Ooh. She does have great teeth. | 她的确有一口整齐的牙 |
[41:40] | And a brain that’s never let me down. | 还有从不让我失望的大脑 |
[41:45] | I promise to honor your memory by living the best life I can. | 我保证 为了纪念你 我会努力好好生活 |
[41:50] | And if you’re watching me now… | 若你正看着我 |
[41:53] | I want you to be proud of the life I’m living. | 希望你为我的生活感到骄傲 |
[41:57] | So, here’s to you, Jane Bingum. | 敬你 简·宾格温 |
[42:01] | A phenomenal woman… | 一个非凡的女性 |
[42:04] | Whom I’ve never met… | 尽管我们从未谋面 |
[42:08] | …But I’m getting to know better and better every day. | 但是每一天我都更加了解你 |