时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb – | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:05] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:06] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:08] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 |
[00:23] | and my guardian angel, Fred. | 还有我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | …And, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:47] | Jane! What are you doing? | 简 你在干什么 |
[00:48] | Not… online shoe shopping. | 我没… 在网上买鞋 |
[00:51] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[00:52] | You’ve got a credit card in your hand | 手里拿着信用卡 |
[00:54] | and a post-retail glow. | 脸上绽放购物后的喜悦 |
[00:56] | Denim espadrilles and free shipping. | 帆布凉鞋 免邮费 |
[00:59] | And don’t you ever knock anymore? | 还有 记得下次先敲门 |
[01:01] | – You’ve got to go home and get dressed. – For what? | -你得回家装扮一下 -为什么 |
[01:03] | Don’t you read your calendar anymore? | 你都不看日程表了吗 |
[01:05] | Yes. I have a pedicure at 6:00. | 看啊 6点我要去做美甲 |
[01:08] | It has been on there forever in giant red letters — | 在日程表上红红的大字 想看不见都难 |
[01:11] | PEDI “P-E-D-I.” | |
[01:12] | It doesn’t stand for “Pedicure.” | 那不是”美甲”的缩写 |
[01:13] | It doesn’t? Well, good. ’cause it seemed hostile. | 不是吗 那就好 否则就有问题了 |
[01:16] | I mean, the red letters – like you have a problem | 触目惊心的红字 让人感觉 |
[01:18] | with my toes or something. | 你对我的脚趾甲不满似的 |
[01:19] | It’s the police endowment for district 1 banquet. | PEDI是指 “一区警局慈善晚宴” |
[01:22] | You’re one of the honorees. | 你是获奖人之一 |
[01:23] | – I’m really getting an award? – Yeah. | -真的要颁奖给我吗 -是啊 |
[01:25] | It’s for the pro bono work you | 是因为你在中枪前 |
[01:26] | did for the police department before you were shot. | 为警局做的无偿法援 |
[01:28] | Parker bought a table. | 帕克包下了一整桌 |
[01:29] | Parker’s going with Kim. Grayson’s going with Vanessa. | 帕克和金一起去 格雷森和瓦内萨一起去 |
[01:32] | Fred just asked Stacy. | 弗雷德邀请了史黛西 |
[01:33] | And you are going with someone totally amazing. | 你将和一位风华绝代的人同去 |
[01:35] | I have a date? | 我有伴儿吗 |
[01:36] | Yes. An awesome date — me. | 是的 超赞的伴 就是我 |
[01:37] | Now, go home, put on something nice, | 快回家 打扮的美美的 |
[01:39] | and practice your speech. | 演练一下获奖感言 |
[01:40] | Um, I don’t have a speech. | 我没准备获奖感言 |
[01:43] | But I remember an audition I once did | 但我记得以前应聘广告经纪人时 |
[01:46] | for a commercial agent — | 一次试镜[是黛比的试镜吧=.=] |
[01:49] | Fruity O’s are not only tasty, | “水果麦片圈不仅美味可口 |
[01:51] | but they’re fortified with vitamins and minerals | 还富含各种维他命和矿物质 |
[01:53] | needed to start your day! | 让你一早就体力充沛” |
[01:55] | Jane, you can go over your speech | 简 回家准备时 |
[01:56] | – while you’re getting ready. – You know what? | -好好练习演讲 -你知道吗 |
[01:58] | – Maybe I should start with a joke. – You don’t tell jokes. | -我应该用讲笑话开场 -你不会讲笑话 |
[02:00] | Last time you tried, let’s just say, | 上次你讲的笑话 老实说 |
[02:02] | what I wouldn’t give for some amnesia. | 太恐怖了 我宁愿得失忆症 |
[02:07] | I appreciate you coming to Jane’s event tonight. | 很高兴今晚你能参加简的领奖晚宴 |
[02:10] | Are you kidding me? Any excuse to buy a new dress. | 当然愿意啦 抓住一切买新裙子的机会 |
[02:14] | You look great, by the way. | 你很漂亮 |
[02:17] | Vanessa. | 瓦内萨 |
[02:20] | Um, Sondra? | 桑德拉 |
[02:21] | I- I’m sorry to interrupt. | 很抱歉打扰你们 |
[02:22] | I don’t know who else to talk to, | 我实在不知道找谁帮忙 |
[02:24] | and your office said that you were here. | 你办公室的人告诉我你在这 |
[02:25] | No, no, no, no. That’s okay. | 没关系 没关系 |
[02:26] | Um, Sondra, this is Grayson. | 桑德拉 这位是格雷森 |
[02:28] | – Nice to meet you. – Hi. | -幸会 -你好 |
[02:30] | Will’s firing everyone and moving the factory to Mexico. | 威尔要炒掉所有员工 打算将工厂迁址去墨西哥 |
[02:33] | What?! When? | 什么 什么时候 |
[02:35] | In two weeks. We just got the news. | 两周后 我们刚刚得到消息 |
[02:38] | Um, Sondra is the floor manager at Metalworks, | 桑德拉是金属制造厂的楼层经理 |
[02:40] | a company in Fullerton that my firm represents. | 那是一家由我们事务所代理的公司 |
[02:42] | Will Casey is the C.E.O. | 威尔·凯西是执行总监 |
[02:45] | I don’t know what I’ll do. | 我不知道如何是好 |
[02:46] | My husband’s out of work. We’re behind on bills. | 我丈夫失业了 我们欠了很多账单 |
[02:49] | Sondra, does the factory have more than 100 employees? | 桑德拉 工厂员工超过100人了吗 |
[02:52] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 为什么这么问 |
[02:54] | Under California law, | 根据加州的法律 |
[02:55] | management has to give you 60 days’ notice. | 管理层必须提前60天通知你们 |
[02:57] | You know what? He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[02:59] | Yeah, well, two weeks or 60 days, | 不管是两周还是60天 |
[03:00] | I’m still out of a job – unless you can help us? | 终究还是要被炒 除非 你能帮我们吗 |
[03:04] | My — my firm represents Will, | 我的事务所是威尔的代理 |
[03:06] | so that would be a conflict of — | 所以说会有利益冲… |
[03:08] | I can represent you. | 我可以做你们的律师 |
[03:10] | I don’t know if I can stop the plant from closing, | 虽然不知道能否阻止工厂关闭 |
[03:11] | but I’ll file for an injunction, slow things down, | 但我可以申请禁令 争取些时间 |
[03:14] | see if I can give, uh, Will some time to rethink. | 看看威尔会不会改变主意 |
[03:17] | That would be… amazing. | 那真是太好了 |
[03:21] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我明天给你电话 |
[03:22] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[03:25] | Both of you. | 谢谢你们俩 |
[03:27] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[03:29] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜 -拜 |
[03:31] | Full disclosure — | 我要对你完全坦白 |
[03:36] | He’s an ex. | 他是ex[前任] |
[03:39] | An ex…plorer? | 探险家吗 |
[03:42] | Expatriate. | 侨民吗 |
[03:44] | Ex-fiance. | 前任未婚夫 |
[03:46] | Ah. | 这样啊 |
[03:48] | That’s how I know Sondra. | 我通过他认识的桑德拉 |
[03:49] | When we were together, I spent some time at the factory. | 和他在一起时 我有时会去工厂 |
[03:52] | Can you tell me anything about Will… | 你能透露一些威尔的情况吗 |
[03:55] | …that might be relevant to the case. | 和这个案子有关的情况 |
[03:57] | I can tell you that he doesn’t like to lose. | 我可以告诉你 他可不喜欢输 |
[04:02] | Guess what. Neither do I. | 知道吗 我也不喜欢输 |
[04:09] | Sure is something strange about that woman. | 这个女人的确有些奇怪 |
[04:10] | Well, thanks for the tip. | 感谢你的提示 |
[04:12] | See you. Hello. | 再会 你好 |
[04:14] | I didn’t think you were coming. | 没想到你会来 |
[04:16] | Why not? I ain’t late. | 为什么 我没迟到 |
[04:18] | – No, I guess not. – No, I guess you’re not. | -的确没迟到 -的确没迟到 |
[04:19] | But then I got here a little early. | 但是我到的比较早 |
[04:21] | I must have been overanxious. | 我等的有些着急 |
[04:22] | But you weren’t, though, were you? | 你倒是不着急 是不是 |
[04:24] | I stopped along the way for a couple of drinks. | 我在来的路上喝了两杯 |
[04:26] | Why are we talking to old black-and-white movies? | 干嘛跟着黑白电影念台词 |
[04:29] | I’m honing my craft. | 我在打磨演技 |
[04:31] | It is so much less expensive than acting class. | 这可比上表演课划算多了 |
[04:34] | Plus, these old black-and-white movies | 再说 这些黑白电影 |
[04:36] | are great for my enunciation. | 对我的发音大有帮助 |
[04:38] | Oh, I see. | 有效果哦 |
[04:39] | Where did you get all those movies? | 这些电影在哪找到的 |
[04:41] | They were in the storage unit where we put old Jane stuff. | 在我们为以前的简专设的橱物柜里 |
[04:43] | I found them behind your seventh-grade science-fair project. | 我在你七年级科技展作品的后面找到的 |
[04:46] | Second place. Congratulations. | 第二名 恭喜啊 |
[04:48] | Oh, well, thank you. | 多谢咯 |
[04:50] | Okay, now, help me pick an outfit. | 好了 快帮我选衣服 |
[04:52] | This lavender-colored a-line with a plunging v-neck… | 这件大开领淡紫色A字连衣裙 |
[04:57] | Ooh, that one says, “Look at me! | 这件就像在对别人说 “瞧我 |
[04:59] | I’m getting a fancy lawyer award!” | 我将获得一项超赞的律师奖” |
[05:02] | …Or this lovely three-quarter-sleeve power suit? | 还是这套七分袖御姐套装 |
[05:05] | Which says, “I’m so bored I forgot to yawn.” | 像是在说 “我无聊得哈欠都打不动了” |
[05:08] | Sweetie, she is being honored as a pillar of the community. | 亲爱的 她是作为社区的支柱栋梁获奖 |
[05:12] | True, and I’m proud of her, | 是啊 我为她自豪 |
[05:13] | but she doesn’t have to look like a pillar. | 但是她不用真的打扮成”支柱” |
[05:28] | – Ooh, champagne. – It’s ginger ale. | -太好了 香槟 -是姜汁汽水 |
[05:31] | You’re the first honoree, | 你是第一位获奖者 |
[05:32] | which means your speech is in 20 minutes. | 也就是说 距你发表获奖感言还有20分钟 |
[05:33] | I still don’t have my opening joke. | 我还没准备好开场的笑话 |
[05:35] | And everyone here thanks you. | 免了吧 我替大家谢谢你了 |
[05:39] | Wow. Tiny corn. I feel like a giant. | 哇 小玉米 跟它比我就像巨人 |
[05:43] | Hmm, if I eat the shrimp and the bacon, | 如果我吃了虾和培根 |
[05:45] | then can’t eat the main course. | 就不能吃主菜 |
[05:46] | And if I eat the main course, | 但如果我吃了主菜 |
[05:48] | then I can forget about dessert. | 就不能吃餐后甜点 |
[05:49] | It’s like buffet calculus. | 这就像在研究 自助餐怎么吃最划算 |
[05:52] | Do I have some tiny corn in my teeth? | 我牙齿上有小玉米吗 |
[05:54] | Nope. You’re good. | 没有 你干净帅气 |
[05:56] | May I refill your flute? | 再来点香槟怎么样 |
[05:57] | Absolutely. | 太好了 |
[05:59] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[06:02] | Hi. Have you met Vanessa? | 嗨 你见过瓦内萨吗 |
[06:03] | Nope. Only heard stuff. | 没有 倒是听说她不少事 |
[06:06] | Good stuff. Love the dress. | 都是好事 裙子真漂亮 |
[06:08] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:09] | I’ll get us so drinks. | 我去拿点喝的 |
[06:12] | So, Vanessa, you and Grayson — | 瓦内萨 你和格雷森 |
[06:14] | hot and heavy or warm and light? | 激情似火还是不温不火 |
[06:16] | I met you like two seconds ago. | 我和你好像刚刚才认识吧 |
[06:19] | And I feel a connection. | 但我感觉一见如故 |
[06:21] | Okay. Um, well, Stacy, you first. | 好吧 史黛西 不如你先说 |
[06:23] | You seeing anyone special? | 你在和谁交往吗 |
[06:25] | Not at the moment. | 目前没有 |
[06:27] | I’ve made a decision — | 我做了一个决定 |
[06:28] | No boys until I get my career in gear. | 在事业腾飞之前 我不找男友 |
[06:31] | Excuse me. Everyone please find your seats. | 打扰一下 请各位落座 |
[06:34] | The program’s about to begin. | 颁奖典礼即将开始 |
[06:38] | Bingum. Big night. I’m proud of you. | 宾格温 你的大日子 为你骄傲 |
[06:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:42] | In your speech, when you thank me by name, | 发表感言时 当你”点名道姓”感谢我时 |
[06:43] | ask me to stand. | 记得请我站起来 |
[06:45] | I’ll feign modesty while you sing my praises. Got it? | 对你的溢美之词 我会假装谦虚 明白吧 |
[06:47] | Ooh. Stuffed mushrooms. | 太好了 带馅的蘑菇 |
[06:49] | Jane, I love these shoes. | 简 我喜欢这双鞋 |
[06:52] | Really? Thanks, Kim. | 是吗 谢谢 金 |
[06:53] | I wore the same ones last year. | 去年我就穿的这双 |
[06:57] | When she’s not looking, I’ll spill my cosmo in her clutch. | 等下趁她不注意 我要把酒倒她手包里 |
[07:01] | And for her tireless work | 感谢她 |
[07:03] | on behalf of the police officers of district 1, | 为一区警局所做的无私奉献 |
[07:06] | I present this year’ citizens award to Jane Bingum. | 今年的公民奖授予 简·宾格温 |
[07:14] | Congratutions. | 恭喜 |
[07:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:19] | Looking out at all the police officers in the audience, | 看到台下这么多警官 |
[07:22] | It reminds me of a joke. | 我想起了一个笑话 |
[07:26] | A cop walks into a bar — “Ouch!” | 一个警察走进一家酒吧 “好疼啊” |
[07:32] | You get it? He walks into a bar. | 明白吗 他”走进一家酒吧”[双关”撞到栏杆上”] |
[07:35] | It’s just like… | 我就知道… |
[07:38] | Why? | 你们会一脸茫然 |
[07:41] | I can’t tell you what this honor means to me. | 这个奖对我来说意义重大 |
[07:45] | I mean, I don’t know if I deserve an award, but… | 我是说 我不知道自己是否配得这个奖 |
[07:49] | You’re right. You don’t. | 没错 你配不上 |
[07:52] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[07:54] | You don’t deserve an award. | 你不配得奖 |
[07:56] | You stole my husband and ruined my life! | 你拐走我丈夫 毁了我的生活 |
[08:16] | The woman who lap from her seat | 那个从座位上跳起来 |
[08:17] | to paint you with a scarlet “A” | 控诉你是小三的女人 |
[08:19] | is Hope Prentiss. | 叫赫普·普伦蒂斯 |
[08:20] | She’s an administrative assistant in the detective bureau. | 她是警局的行政助理 |
[08:23] | Never met her. And I’d rather not discuss it. | 没见过她 我不想讨论这个问题 |
[08:26] | But apparently you do know her husband — | 但是显然你认识她的丈夫 |
[08:28] | Detective Todd Prentiss? | 托德·普伦蒂斯探长 |
[08:30] | What is she doing here? | 她在这干嘛 |
[08:32] | I’ve asked Kim to evaluate the firm’s exposure. | 我请金来评估这个事件对公司的影响 |
[08:34] | If Detective Prentiss is not only a client | 万一普伦蒂斯探长不单单是个客户 |
[08:36] | but also your… | 还是你的… |
[08:38] | Lover. | 情人 |
[08:39] | …It exposes the firm to liability | 根据加州法令3-120 |
[08:42] | under California rule 3-120. | 这将影响公司的信誉 |
[08:43] | And yet sleeping with the boss – perfectly acceptable. | 但是和自己的老板上床 却完全可以接受 |
[08:47] | Careful, Bingum. | 注意措辞 宾格温 |
[08:49] | Excuse me, Jane. | 打扰一下 简 |
[08:50] | You have a visitor – the woman you allegedly scorned — | 有人找你 那个自称被你横刀夺夫的女人 |
[08:53] | Hope Prentiss. | 赫普·普伦蒂斯 |
[08:55] | I said “Allegedly.” | 我说”自称”了 |
[08:59] | Mrs. Prentiss. May I call you Hope? | 普伦蒂斯夫人 我能叫你赫普吗 |
[09:02] | Ms. Bingum, may I call you a home wrecker? | 宾格温女士 我能叫你”狐狸精”吗 |
[09:07] | Um, last night, I tried to talk to you, | 昨晚 我本想和你谈谈 |
[09:09] | But security pulled you out so quickly. | 但是保安很快就把你带了出去 |
[09:11] | I think there’s been a misunderstanding. | 我认为我们之间有些误会 |
[09:14] | Really? | 是吗 |
[09:17] | How do you explain these photos? | 这些照片你怎么解释 |
[09:20] | Um, well, that – that’s definitely m-me | 那人的确是… 我 |
[09:24] | And… | 和… |
[09:27] | …Todd o-outside of a motel room. | 托德 从汽车旅馆房间走出来 |
[09:31] | But it just – it still doesn’t prove… | 但是 这证明不了… |
[09:34] | Why don’t we all sit down? | 我们还是坐下聊吧 |
[09:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:39] | What is it that you want, Mrs. Prentiss? | 你有什么要求 普伦蒂斯夫人 |
[09:42] | We were married for 10 years, most of them good. | 我们结婚十年了 还算过得不错 |
[09:47] | About eight months ago, he started acting strangely. | 大概8个月前 他变得有些怪怪的 |
[09:50] | I thought maybe he was cheating, so I hired a P.I. | 我觉得他可能出轨了 所以雇了位私家侦探 |
[09:55] | When I got these photos, I decided to confront Todd. | 拿到照片后 我打算和托德摊牌 |
[09:58] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[09:59] | He disappeared before I got the chance. | 在我找到合适机会前 他就消失了 |
[10:02] | He left me a note saying we were over, | 他留了张字条 说我们结束了 |
[10:05] | That he was leaving town, that he was sorry. | 他说要离开这里 他很抱歉 |
[10:10] | And when I saw you, | 在颁奖礼上看到你时 |
[10:12] | I remembered your face from the photos, | 我记起你就是照片里那个女人 |
[10:14] | and I just snapped. | 所以气急败坏 |
[10:16] | It’s been eight months, | 已经八个月了 |
[10:18] | and you haven’t heard from him? | 你一直没跟他联系过吗 |
[10:20] | He wires money into our checking account every month. | 他每个月都汇钱给我们 |
[10:23] | $378. | 378美元 |
[10:25] | Well, that’s an odd number. | 奇怪的数字 |
[10:28] | Our son has polycystic kidney disease. | 我们的儿子得了多囊性肾病 |
[10:31] | That’s the cost of his treatment, after insurance. | 那是保险公司理赔后 每月仍需的治疗费 |
[10:34] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[10:36] | I don’t want your pity. | 我不需要你同情 |
[10:39] | I want you to give Todd a message. | 我只需要你给托德传个话 |
[10:42] | Honestly, I don’t know where he is. | 老实说 我不知道他在哪 |
[10:45] | Honestly, I don’t believe you. | 老实说 我不相信你 |
[10:49] | Tell Todd that he can go to hell. | 告诉托德 他是个混蛋 |
[10:54] | Tell him to quit wiring the money into our account. | 让他别再汇钱到我们的账户 |
[10:57] | Billy and I are fine without him. | 没有他 比利跟我照样很好 |
[11:10] | Mr. Kent, this is a business matter, | 肯特先生 这只是商业问题 |
[11:12] | not a legal one. | 不是法律问题 |
[11:13] | You violated the notice requirement of the warn act. | 你违反了警告法案中的告知条款 |
[11:15] | So it is a legal matter, | 所以这是法律问题 |
[11:17] | and we have an expedited court date. | 并且我们要求提前开庭 |
[11:18] | Given the “Faltering Company” Exception, | 根据针对濒临破产公司的特别条例 |
[11:20] | the two-week notice is within our rights. | 我们应该提前两周接到通知 |
[11:21] | Mr. Casey, I’m hoping we can figure out | 凯西先生 希望我们能一起想办法 |
[11:23] | a way to save these jobs. | 保住这些工人的饭碗 |
[11:24] | I’ve heard you’re a fair boss and a decent guy. | 我听说你是个公正的老板 人很慷慨 |
[11:27] | I guess you have an advantage. | 看来你比我有优势 |
[11:28] | ’cause I’ve heard nothing about you. | 因为我从没听说过你 |
[11:31] | Look, do you really think | 你真的以为 |
[11:32] | that I want to move the plant? | 我愿意迁走工厂吗 |
[11:34] | I think you want to make more money, | 在我看来 你想扩大利润 |
[11:36] | And you’ve figured out a way to do so | 你找到了门路 |
[11:37] | by throwing your employees under the bus. | 就扔下你的员工不管了 |
[11:39] | I’m not that guy. | 我不是那种人 |
[11:41] | Sondra, you remember the truckers’ strike? | 桑德拉 记得卡车司机罢工吗 |
[11:42] | We had to stop production, | 我们被迫停产 |
[11:44] | but everyone got a paycheck | 但所有工人的薪水照发不误 |
[11:45] | out of my own pocket. | 我自掏腰包 |
[11:47] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[11:48] | My business model no longer works. | 我的经营模式现在正面临困境 |
[11:50] | I have a competitor in Bakersfield | 在贝克斯菲尔德 有家竞争对手 |
[11:52] | who undercuts me. | 它的低价竞争 让我损失惨重 |
[11:53] | So I either go to Mexico or I go out of business. | 所以我要么迁址去墨西哥[劳工便宜] 要么破产 |
[11:56] | Let’s just be honest. | 咱们直说吧 |
[11:58] | Moving to Mexico is an anti-union maneuver | 迁址去墨西哥其实是你的”反工会”策略 |
[12:00] | qualifying as an unfair labor practice. | 这是对劳工的不公平举措 |
[12:02] | And that’s what we’ll argue in court. | 我们就根据这点起诉你 |
[12:03] | Good luck getting a judge to agree. | 希望法官会认同 |
[12:06] | That shouldn’t be a problem. | 这不劳你费心 |
[12:07] | Judge Kellard caught this case. | 案件由凯拉德法官审理 |
[12:08] | His track record is pro-labor. | 根据以往类似案件 他偏向维护劳工利益 |
[12:11] | Guess I do have the advantage. | 我想我的确有优势 |
[12:27] | What is it, Fred? | 怎么了 弗雷德 |
[12:28] | I need to ask you something. | 我需要问你点事 |
[12:31] | Yes, everyone says that Jane was | 好吧 所有人都认为 |
[12:32] | having an affair with a married man. | 简和一个已婚男人搞上了 |
[12:33] | She didn’t seem like the type. | 她可不像喜欢那种类型男人 |
[12:34] | But what am I supposed to do about it? | 但我又能怎么解释呢 |
[12:36] | Um, I’m not here about you. I’m here about me. | 我不是想问你的事 是我自己的事 |
[12:39] | Oh, okay. What? | 好吧 什么事 |
[12:41] | How do you jump-start an acting career? | 你以前是怎么开创演艺事业的[作为黛比时] |
[12:45] | You want to be an actor? | 你想做演员 |
[12:46] | No. Um, I’m asking for Stacy. | 不 我是帮史黛西问的 |
[12:48] | She’s not gonna start dating | 她说事业不步入正轨 |
[12:50] | until her career’s in gear. | 她就不约会 |
[12:52] | And I want to help with that. | 我想帮帮她 |
[12:53] | That’s either really sweet or really creepy. | 你这是帮她 还是帮你自己 |
[12:57] | Either way, I can’t deal right now. I’m preoccupied. | 两种我都帮不上忙 我已经焦头烂额了 |
[13:00] | Oh. Right. The adultery. | 是啊 那个绯闻 |
[13:03] | How are you processing all that? | 你想怎么处理 |
[13:05] | I feel bad for Hope. | 我为赫普感到难过 |
[13:07] | And if I was having an affair with her husband, | 如果”我”真和他老公有一腿 |
[13:10] | then I’m disappointed in old Jane. | 那我对过去的简很失望 |
[13:12] | Ah, nobody’s perfect. | 没人十全十美 |
[13:13] | I know, but… | 我知道 但… |
[13:15] | Jane, if you want to know what happened, | 简 如果你想知道发生了什么 |
[13:16] | – go find out. – Really? | -去查清楚 -你这么想 |
[13:18] | I thought you’d say | 我以为你会说 |
[13:19] | I should live my life going forward, | 我应该向前看 |
[13:21] | Not dwell on the past. | 别再纠结过去的事 |
[13:22] | You’re Jane now. You have a past. | 现在你是简 那些是你的经历 |
[13:24] | You need to own it. | 你需要了解它 |
[13:37] | Mrs. Bingum. It’s great to see you again. | 宾格温夫人 再次见到你很高兴 |
[13:40] | It’s been awhile. | 你好久没来了 |
[13:41] | Uh, yes, it has. | 是啊 好久了 |
[13:43] | – He called you “Mrs.” – I heard. | -他叫你”夫人” -我听到了 |
[13:45] | Uh…Joe. | 乔 |
[13:47] | So I have been doing my taxes, | 我最近在计算税金 |
[13:49] | and I misplaced some paperwork. | 我把有些文件弄丢了 |
[13:50] | Could I get a copy of my receipts? | 能帮忙复印份我之前的消费发票吗 |
[13:52] | Not a problem. | 当然行 |
[13:54] | Why do you want the receipts? | 为什么要发票 |
[13:56] | Because if we ordered Turkey clubs | 因为如果我们客房服务要的是 |
[13:59] | from room service, that says one thing. | “土尔其俱乐部”汉堡 那就没什么 |
[14:01] | Champagne and strawberries, something else. | 如果要了香槟和草莓 那就不妙了 |
[14:05] | Here you go, Mrs. Bingum. | 给你 宾格温夫人 |
[14:06] | Great. | 太好了 |
[14:10] | Uh, no room-service charges? | 没有客房服务费吗 |
[14:12] | No room service. | 我们不提供客房服务 |
[14:14] | We’re not the Four Seasons. | 这里又不是”四季”那种星级酒店 |
[14:16] | But I do see a note here. | 但我注意到有条标注 |
[14:18] | It looks like housekeeping | 好像是客房后勤 |
[14:19] | found something in your room. | 在你的房间发现了什么 |
[14:27] | Native gonzo sunglasses. | 男士运动太阳镜 |
[14:30] | Ooh, they’re prescription. | 噢 有度数 |
[14:32] | Vented. Cam-action hinges. | 透气 凸轮式折叠镜腿 |
[14:34] | Okay, these glasses tell us, “A,” | 这副眼镜说明 其一 |
[14:38] | Todd’s an active outdoor guy, | 托德是个热爱户外运动的家伙 |
[14:40] | and, “B,” he’s missing a pair. | 其二 他丢了一副太阳镜 |
[14:42] | So he might have needed a replacement… | 所以他需要重新配一副 |
[14:45] | and would have called… | 而他会去 |
[14:46] | Fredericks opticians in Van Nuys. | 凡奈斯大道的弗雷德里克斯眼镜店 |
[14:49] | Putting it all together, | 这一切说明 |
[14:50] | Jane was cheating with a nearsighted, outdoorsy cop | 简和一个近视 爱好运动的警察有染 |
[14:53] | who took her to a motel with no room service. | 他还带她去没有客房服务的汽车旅馆 |
[15:01] | Hey, sexy. | 嘿 甜心 |
[15:02] | Hey. This is a nice surprise. | 我喜欢这种惊喜 |
[15:07] | I owe you an apology. | 我应该向你道歉 |
[15:09] | That case that I roped you into, | 你因为我接手的那单案子 |
[15:12] | I don’t think it’s going anywhere. | 恐怕胜算不大 |
[15:13] | Well, that’s where you’re wrong. | 这你就错了 |
[15:16] | We’ll be in court with a pro-labor judge. | 这位法官一向维护劳工 |
[15:17] | No, you won’t. Kellard’s out. | 你没法赢的 凯拉德靠边站了 |
[15:21] | What? | 什么 |
[15:21] | Yeah, he recused himself. | 他主动提出撤换法官 |
[15:23] | Will’s lawyers — my firm — | 因为威尔的律师团队 也就是我的事务所 |
[15:25] | just hired Kellard’s son as a paralegal. | 刚刚聘用凯拉德的儿子做律师助理 |
[15:28] | Intentionally creating a conflict to bump Kellard. | 你们利诱凯拉德 让他退出 |
[15:32] | Unbelievable. | 真有一手 |
[15:34] | You got judge Railsback | 法官会是雷尔斯巴克 |
[15:35] | — anti-labor, pro-business. | 他一向维护企业 而非劳工利益 |
[15:38] | Wait, how did you hear before me? | 等等 你怎么会比我先知道 |
[15:40] | Um, Will called me. | 威尔打电话告诉我的 |
[15:43] | Well, that’s a little weird, isn’t it? | 这有点奇怪 不是吗 |
[15:46] | Not really. | 不完全是 |
[15:47] | I mean, he knows that I found Sondra a lawyer. | 他知道我为桑德拉找了个律师 |
[15:50] | Does he know about us? About me? | 他知道我们的事吗 知道我吗 |
[15:51] | Yes. | 当然 |
[15:53] | Of course. I told him a few weeks ago. | 他知道 我几周前就告诉他了 |
[15:55] | Why? | 干嘛问这个 |
[15:56] | Your ex played dumb at our settlement conference | 你的前未婚夫 在和解会议上装傻 |
[15:59] | said he never heard of me. | 说他从没听说过我 |
[16:01] | Tell me this isn’t gonna turn into a dogfight. | 别告诉我 你们要互掐 |
[16:03] | Really, it’s not about you and him. | 这不是你和他的私事 |
[16:05] | No, but maybe it’s about him and you. | 当然不是 但也许是你和他的私事 |
[16:13] | Your engagement – who broke it off? | 你们的订婚 是谁解约的 |
[16:19] | I did. | 是我 |
[16:22] | Do you think Will still has feelings for you? | 你觉得威尔对你还有感觉吗 |
[16:27] | Wait, it — it doesn’t matter. | 算了 这不重要 |
[16:32] | I should get back to work. | 我得开始工作了 |
[16:34] | ’cause I have a case to win. | 这个官司我要赢 |
[16:47] | Are you sure this is the address | 你确定眼镜店告诉你的 |
[16:49] | you got from the optician? | 是这个地址 |
[16:50] | Yes, his new glasses were mailed | 是的 他的新眼镜邮到了 |
[16:51] | to 1601 Benfield, Apartment 200. | 本菲尔德大街1601幢 200室 |
[16:55] | So have you checked your breath | 别忘了调整好呼吸和文胸 |
[16:56] | and adjusted the girls? | 凸显傲人双峰 |
[16:58] | – What? – Oh, please. | -什么 -拜托 |
[16:59] | You’re about to be reunited with your lover. | 你要和昔日恋人重逢了 |
[17:01] | We do not know that for sure. | 是不是恋人还不好说 但愿不是 |
[17:04] | Yeah. Whatever. | 好吧 随你怎么说 |
[17:05] | I want a full report. Bye. | 回来向我汇报细节 拜 |
[17:24] | Jane. | 简 |
[17:26] | Todd. | 托德 |
[17:29] | I never thought I’d see you again. | 没想到还能再见面 |
[17:36] | How do you find me, Jane? | 你怎么找到我的 简 |
[17:37] | – I – Anyone else who know you’re here? | -我… -还有谁知道你来这儿 |
[17:39] | Todd, you’re making me really nervous. | 托德 你这样让我很紧张 |
[17:41] | Can we just talk? | 我能先和你谈谈吗 |
[17:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:47] | Start talking. | 说吧 |
[17:48] | Okay, look, let’s just take a giant step back. | 那我们从最开始说起 |
[17:52] | Eight months ago, I was shot. | 八个月前 我被枪击了 |
[17:54] | – I know. – Oh. Okay. | -我知道 -好吧 |
[17:57] | Did you also know that I suffered memory loss? | 那你知道我失忆了吗 |
[18:00] | Like, total. | 几乎什么都不记得了 |
[18:04] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的 |
[18:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:06] | So I’m a little afraid to ask, | 所以我这么问你别生气 |
[18:08] | but what was going on between us? | 我们之间到底发生了什么 |
[18:15] | About a year ago I noticed a discrepancy | 大约一年前 我发现 |
[18:18] | between cash that was confiscated from crime scenes | 从犯罪现场收缴的钱 |
[18:20] | and that was vouchered in the evidence log. | 与证物记录中记载的数额有差别 |
[18:23] | Anything? | 想起来了吗 |
[18:24] | No. | 没有 |
[18:25] | I planted a microphone in the locker room, | 我在警局更衣室里安了个窃听器 |
[18:26] | hoping that these dirty cops | 希望手脚不干净的警察 |
[18:27] | would incriminate themselves. | 能露出马脚 |
[18:29] | My hunch paid off, I came to you, | 我找到了证据 然后去找你 |
[18:30] | and that’s when I gave you the recording. | 当时我把录音带给了你 |
[18:32] | So you just came to me for legal help? | 这么说 你找我 仅仅是寻求法律援助 |
[18:34] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:34] | That’s it — just legal help? | 仅此而已 只是为了法律援助 |
[18:37] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:39] | So why were we meeting at the Bayshore Motel? | 那我们干嘛在”湖岸”汽车旅馆见面 |
[18:40] | Because we needed to keep it quiet. | 因为我们需要暗中行事 |
[18:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:46] | Jane, is any of this coming back to you at all? | 简 你回想起什么了吗 |
[18:47] | No. Not really. | 不 没有 |
[18:48] | Now, what happened to the recording? | 现在 那份录音带呢 |
[18:51] | I gave it to you. | 我给你了啊 |
[18:53] | We were supposed to set up a meeting with internal affairs, | 我们本该开一次内部听证会 |
[18:54] | but you didn’t show up. | 但是你没有出现 |
[18:56] | I figured you’d got cold feet. | 我以为你临阵退缩了 |
[18:58] | On my way home, that’s when I heard you got shot. | 结果回家的路上 才听说你被枪击了 |
[19:00] | That had nothing to do with you. | 所以你完全是清白的 |
[19:02] | Oh, I know that now, but that evening | 我现在知道了 但是那天晚上 |
[19:03] | I get a phone call from a friend of mine in I.A. | 一个情报局的朋友告诉我 |
[19:05] | saying that I’m the one | 说我被指控 |
[19:06] | who’s being accused of stealing the cash. | 偷了那些现金 |
[19:07] | And I had two choices — | 我那时只有两个选择 |
[19:08] | Get out of town or face the charges. | 逃之夭夭 或者接受指控 |
[19:10] | Now, Jane, without that recording, | 可是简 如果没有那份录音 |
[19:11] | I didn’t have a defense. | 我就没法证明自己无罪 |
[19:13] | I called you like a hundred times. | 我给你打了上万次电话了 |
[19:14] | You didn’t even answer your damn phone. | 但你根本没接过 |
[19:15] | Wait, what number did you call? | 等等 你打的什么号码 |
[19:16] | I never received any messages. | 我从没收到留言 |
[19:17] | I called you on the disposable phone. | 我打得你一次性手机的号码 |
[19:20] | The one I got you. | 是我给你的 |
[19:22] | Looks like this. | 和这个一样 |
[19:23] | Okay, why didn’t you tell your wife | 为什么不告诉你妻子 |
[19:25] | where you were going? | 你在哪里 |
[19:26] | I had to break it off or she’d come looking for me. | 我必须和她断绝联系 否则她会找我的 |
[19:29] | And I couldn’t risk it. | 我不能冒这个险 |
[19:32] | It’s been a living hell. | 这段时间真是痛苦不堪 |
[19:41] | But at least they’re okay. | 但至少他们安全 |
[19:45] | They’re okay, right? | 他们还好 对吗 |
[19:46] | They’re fine. | 他们很好 |
[19:50] | Hope thinks that you and I are having an affair. | 赫普误会了你我之间的关系 |
[19:53] | She had a P.I. follow us to the motel. | 她请了个私家侦探 跟踪我们去了旅馆 |
[19:55] | Oh, god. | 上帝啊 |
[19:58] | We got to fix this. | 我们得解决这堆烂摊子 |
[20:00] | You still have the recording, right? | 你还留着那个录音 对吧 |
[20:02] | Did I tell you where I put it? | 我告诉过你 我放在哪儿了吗 |
[20:03] | Yeah, you said you’d put it somewhere safe. | 是啊 你说你放在安全的地方 |
[20:06] | Then… | 那么… |
[20:10] | I’m sure I’ll find it. | 我保证会找到它 |
[20:11] | Okay, good. | 好极了 |
[20:17] | Hey, boss, do you have a minute? | 老板 你有空吗 |
[20:19] | If I can bill someone, sure. | 要是有赚钱的活儿 当然 |
[20:22] | “Proposal for a Harrison & Parker recruitment video”? | 哈里森&帕克事务所的招聘视频 |
[20:24] | You want to make a recruitment video? Why? | 你想制作招聘视频 为什么 |
[20:26] | The top 15% of all law firms have one. | 排名前15%的事务所都有招聘视频 |
[20:28] | Still haven’t answered my question. | 我们排名可没那么前 |
[20:30] | You know Barnes in corporate? | 你知道业界的巴尼斯事务所吗 |
[20:32] | Penelope, his assistant, | 佩内洛普 他的助手 |
[20:33] | is redesigning the firm logo. | 正重新设计事务所的标志 |
[20:34] | Barnes is getting all the credit. | 巴尼斯因此得到很好的评价 |
[20:35] | And you want to prove | 所以你想证明 |
[20:36] | you’re just as ambitious as Penelope. | 同为助手 你和佩内洛普一样有上进心 |
[20:38] | It’s all about making you look good. | 人家这不是想给你长脸嘛 |
[20:40] | What do you say? | 你看如何 |
[20:41] | Knock yourself out, Spielberg. | 拿出你的本事来吧 大导演 |
[20:48] | Todd, make yourself comfortable. I’ll be right in. | 托德 稍等片刻 我随后就来 |
[20:51] | Just my type — tall, dark, and cop… | 我就喜欢这种 高大黝黑的警察 |
[20:54] | who’s married and was not having an affair with me. | 他是有妇之夫 而且和我是清白的 |
[20:56] | I know. You told me like three times on the phone. | 知道 你电话里都重复三遍了 |
[20:58] | Any luck with the missing recording? | 那盘录音找到没 |
[20:59] | Still missing. I checked everywhere. | 没有 到处找遍了 |
[21:02] | Teri, do I trust anyone in the D. A.’s office? | 泰丽 地方检察官那里 我有靠得住的熟人吗 |
[21:04] | There’s Marissa Block. You helped get her the job. | 玛丽萨· 布洛克 你帮她得到那份工作 |
[21:06] | Oh, good. Bring her up to speed. She owes me. | 很好 快联系上她 她欠我个人情 |
[21:15] | Stacy? Are you okay? | 史黛西 你怎么了 |
[21:19] | It’s just so sad. | 太让人伤心了 |
[21:21] | They killed his brother. | 他们杀了他哥哥 |
[21:23] | What? Who? | 啥 谁呀 |
[21:24] | Terry Malloy. | 特里·马洛伊 |
[21:26] | He had these — these dreams about being a prizefighter, | 他梦想成为一名职业拳击手 |
[21:28] | but he thinks he’s just a bum. | 但其实他觉得自己是废物一个 |
[21:34] | “On the Waterfront.” | 《码头风云》 |
[21:36] | Why are you home in the middle of the day? | 大中午的 你怎么回来了 |
[21:40] | I need your help on a project. | 有个项目要请你帮忙 |
[21:43] | Oh, I love projects. | 我最喜欢做项目了 |
[21:44] | Should I get my poster board and glue gun? | 我是不是要准备好海报板和胶棒 |
[21:46] | It involves acting. | 这回需要你表演 |
[21:49] | Please keep talking. | 怎么回事 快跟我说说 |
[21:51] | If my project is a success, | 如果这个项目能成功 |
[21:53] | it will be seen all over the country, year after year. | 将在全国播出 经久不衰 |
[21:57] | Like “Titanic”? | 就像《泰坦尼克号》那样吗 |
[21:59] | Why not? | 可不是嘛 |
[22:00] | I am making a recruitment video for Harrison — | 我要录制一段招聘广告给哈里森 |
[22:03] | Ford! Oh! Harrison Ford is recruiting?! | 福特 天啊 哈里森·福特[好莱坞男星]在招人吗 |
[22:05] | Harrison & Parker, the law firm. | 是哈里森&帕克 律师事务所 |
[22:07] | Shouldn’t you use real lawyers? | 那不是应该真正的律师来演吗 |
[22:10] | Did they use real dockworkers in “On the Waterfront”? | 《码头风云》里的码头工人难道也是真的 |
[22:14] | No sirree. | 当然不是 |
[22:15] | They used actors. | 他们请的是演员 |
[22:17] | And you are the best damn actor I know. | 而最好的演员 远在天边近在眼前 |
[22:20] | So will you do it? | 怎么样 有兴趣吗 |
[22:22] | How does a lawyer say “Yes, yes, absolutely, yes”? | 律师表达”愿意愿意一千一万个愿意”时会怎么做 |
[22:26] | Um…With a hug? | 嗯 他们拥抱吧 |
[22:28] | Yay! | 耶 |
[22:36] | – Have you found the recording? – Not yet. | -找到录音了吗 -还没有 |
[22:38] | But I’m going to get everything I own out of storage. | 我打算把所有的家当翻个底朝天 |
[22:41] | And in the meantime, | 在此期间 |
[22:42] | I’ll request protective custody for your whole family. | 我将申请对你全家进行保护性拘留 |
[22:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:45] | Jane. We have a situation. | 简 有情况 |
[22:47] | When I called your friend at the D.A.’s, | 我打电话给你在地方检察院的那熟人 |
[22:49] | she said there’s an outstanding arrest warrant for Todd, | 她说检察院已经下令逮捕托德 |
[22:50] | and she’s legally required to act on it. | 按规定 她需要即刻执行 |
[22:52] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[22:53] | Reception just called. | 前台刚打来电话 |
[22:54] | Two uniformed cops are on their way up. | 两名身着制服的警察已经进来了 |
[22:56] | – Stall them. – Okay. | -拦住他们 -好的 |
[22:57] | Todd, lock the door and close the blinds. | 托德 把门锁上 拉上百叶窗 |
[23:05] | – What are you doing? – We need a judge to help us. | -这是干嘛 -我们得找个法官帮忙 |
[23:07] | And I know just the one. | 我正好有位合适人选 |
[23:09] | Not ringing any bells. | 一点印象都没有 |
[23:11] | Could you describe this Todd Prentiss? | 你说的这个托德·普伦蒂斯长什么样 |
[23:13] | Ma’am, we’re not playing games. Where is he? | 女士 不要跟我们兜圈子 他在哪 |
[23:18] | Yes, boss. | 老板 有何吩咐 |
[23:19] | Teri — Screen Share now! | 泰丽 马上联机共享视频 |
[23:20] | On it. Please hold. | 明白 请稍等 |
[23:26] | Hey, Jane. How are you? | 简 你好吗 |
[23:27] | You’re lucky to find me here. I’m about to run into court. | 你可真会挑时间 我正要出庭呢 |
[23:29] | It’s important — life and death. | 江湖救急 要出人命了 |
[23:30] | Really? Who’s dying? | 真的吗 谁要出人命了 |
[23:32] | My client if he gets arrested by the police. | 我的当事人 要是被警察逮捕他就死定了 |
[23:34] | All right, you got two minutes. Talk fast. | 好吧 给你两分钟 速度的 |
[23:35] | Detective Todd Prentiss is accused of stealing money, | 托德·普伦蒂斯探长被控偷窃收缴的赃款 |
[23:38] | but he’s really being set up by dirty cops, | 但其实是贼喊抓贼 |
[23:40] | Like what that creepy Swat guy did to Kevin James | 就像《百货战警》里的凯文·詹姆斯 |
[23:42] | in “Paul Blart: Mall Cop.” | 被坏蛋斯沃特陷害的情节一样 |
[23:44] | Don’t judge. It’s really good. | 别质疑我的品味 那电影很好看 |
[23:46] | Anyway, now the police are here to arrest him. | 总之警察已经守在门外要逮捕他了 |
[23:48] | I feel for you. | 我同情你们 |
[23:49] | You see this face? | 看看这家伙 |
[23:51] | He’s not guilty. | 他是无辜的 |
[23:52] | Hi. | 你好 |
[23:53] | Hi. | 你好 |
[23:55] | Okay, well, what do you want me to do? | 好吧 你想要我做什么呢 |
[23:56] | Arraign him now and release him. | 现在就传讯他 然后把他放了 |
[23:58] | You know I can’t do that until he’s arrested. | 你知道我无权这么做 除非他被捕 |
[23:59] | I don’t have the power. | 我不能越权 |
[24:00] | But you do have the power to accept his surrender. | 但你可以接受他自首 |
[24:03] | – I surrender. – There you go. | -我自首 -这不结了 |
[24:04] | Well, there you go. Anything else you need? | 那就这样呗 还有其他事吗 |
[24:05] | An order for the police officers | 还要麻烦你命令 |
[24:07] | who are about to kick in my office door? | 等下就要闯入我办公室的警官离开 |
[24:11] | Detective Prentiss has been released per my order. | 我宣布普伦蒂斯探长已被释放 |
[24:14] | Everybody go home. | 大家各回各家吧 |
[24:19] | Help yourself to a cold drink on your way out. | 走前喝杯冷饮降降火 |
[24:24] | Mrs. Prentiss. | 普伦蒂斯夫人 |
[24:25] | Thank you for calling. Where is he? | 谢谢你打电话给我 他在哪里 |
[24:36] | Hope, uh… | 赫普 呃 |
[24:40] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[24:44] | Jerk. | 混蛋 |
[24:47] | Can you forgive me? | 原谅我好吗 |
[25:07] | I see no anti-union animus in Metalworks’s decision | 我不认为金属制造厂决定迁去墨西哥 |
[25:10] | to move to Mexico. | 有任何”反工会”意图 |
[25:12] | I thought you might say that, your honor, | 您这么说我并不感到意外 法官大人 |
[25:13] | so I’d like to amend our complaint | 所以我要修正我们的申诉 |
[25:15] | and enter additional probative evidence. | 另外新增其他证物 |
[25:18] | Go ahead, counselor. | 继续 律师 |
[25:23] | I move to admit… | 我提议 |
[25:25] | this dog, those books… | 将这条狗 这些书 |
[25:28] | and that garbage into evidence. | 以及这袋垃圾作为本案的证物 |
[25:30] | You have 30 seconds. | 你有30秒的时间 |
[25:33] | I call Betty Fenniger, city manager of Fullerton, | 下面我要请福乐顿市行政官 贝蒂· 费内格 |
[25:35] | to the stand. | 到证人席作证 |
[25:40] | Ms. Fenniger, please tell me what will happen | 费内格女士 请你告诉我们 |
[25:42] | to the contents of this bag when Metalworks is gone. | 如果金属制造厂迁走 这袋垃圾会怎样 |
[25:44] | The garbage? | 这袋垃圾 |
[25:45] | It’ll end up on the streets, just like the stray dog. | 在街头无人问津 就像流浪狗一样 |
[25:47] | – And the library? – Closed. | -那么图书馆呢 -被关闭 |
[25:50] | Without the plant, our tax base will be decimated, | 工厂一旦迁走 我们的税收收入将大幅削减 |
[25:52] | and we won’t be able to pay city workers. | 我们将无力支付城市工人的工资 |
[25:54] | Objection — relevance. | 反对 该问题与本案无关 |
[25:55] | It’s called Equitable Estoppel. | 根据衡平法的”禁止反言原则” |
[25:57] | When Metalworks set up shop in Fullerton, | 金属制造厂在福乐顿市开办之初 |
[25:59] | they made promises to the city. | 曾对该市作出承诺 |
[26:01] | – Isn’t that right? – Yes. | -是这样吗 -是的 |
[26:02] | And in turn we provided tax breaks | 做为回报 该厂享受税收优惠政策 |
[26:04] | and expanded city services. | 以及更加全面的公共服务 |
[26:06] | So would you agree that there was an implicit contract — | 也就是说 你们事实上达成了一种协议 |
[26:09] | if you expanded city services, | 该厂享受优惠政策的条件 |
[26:11] | they would remain in your city? | 是要留在福乐顿市 |
[26:12] | Yes. That was the deal we made. | 是的 这正是我们的协议 |
[26:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:15] | Ms. Fenniger, do you have that deal in writing? | 费内格女士 请问你们有没有书面协议 |
[26:22] | No. | 没有 |
[26:23] | Nothing further. | 没有其他问题了 |
[26:36] | Detective Mckray, | 迈凯瑞探长 |
[26:38] | you are aware of the charges against Detective Prentiss. | 你已经获悉我们对普伦蒂斯探长的控告 |
[26:40] | What first drew your attention to him? | 请问你是如何发现普伦蒂斯探长可疑的 |
[26:42] | It pains me to testify against a fellow cop, | 作证指控警局同事 我心里并不好受 |
[26:45] | but Detective Prentiss was acting suspiciously. | 但普伦蒂斯探长行为可疑 |
[26:48] | The theft was discovered on a Tuesday. | 失窃在周二被发现 |
[26:50] | And Wednesday morning, Prentiss disappeared. | 而次日早晨 普伦蒂斯探长就失踪了 |
[26:52] | Cash was taken from several different files. | 多宗档案中的现金均有失窃 |
[26:55] | The only thing they had in common — | 这些档案唯一的共同点就是 |
[26:57] | Detective Prentiss was the last guy to sign in. | 普伦蒂斯探长正是最后接触这些档案的人 |
[27:02] | Sergeant Contorsi, you are the custodian of evidence, | 肯托西警长 你负责保管证物 |
[27:05] | correct? | 是吧 |
[27:06] | Yeah, that’s my job. | 是的 我的职责所在 |
[27:07] | So according to your log, | 您的工作日志表明 |
[27:10] | the same day Detective Prentiss was in the evidence room, | 普伦蒂斯探长进入证物保管室的同一天 |
[27:13] | Detectives Remar and Mckray were also viewing evidence. | 瑞马探长与迈凯瑞探长也在查看证物 |
[27:17] | Sure, but they were viewing different files. | 是的 但是他们查看的是其他档案 |
[27:19] | Once an officer signs into the evidence room, | 警员一旦进入证物保管室 |
[27:21] | isn’t it possible he could go to any file? | 他们是否有可能随意查看任何一宗档案 |
[27:24] | Not on my watch. | 在我看管下 不会出现这种事 |
[27:26] | Isn’t it true that Detective Remar | 是否有可能 瑞马探长 |
[27:28] | and Detective Mckray could have stolen the money | 与迈凯瑞探长偷窃了证物中的钱财 |
[27:31] | and you forged my client’s signature in your log? | 而后你在工作日志中 伪造我当事人的名字 |
[27:33] | Objection, your honor. Counsel’s throwing mud. | 反对 法官大人 这是栽赃 |
[27:35] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[27:37] | Ms. Bingum, if you have nothing further, we’re at recess. | 宾格温女士 你若无其他问题 休庭 |
[27:42] | Nothing further. At the moment. | 没有其他问题了 暂时没有 |
[27:50] | I have to find the recording. | 我必须赶紧找到录音 |
[27:54] | Travel scrabble. Hmm. | 旅行杂记 嗯 |
[27:57] | And a Lake Cachuma fishing license, 2002. | 加库玛湖钓鱼许可证 2002年的 |
[28:05] | And a red disposable cellphone | 一部红色一次性手机 |
[28:07] | That Todd gave me. | 这是托德给我的 |
[28:09] | I love the color. | 这颜色真赞 |
[28:10] | We’re getting closer to finding the recording. | 我们就要找到录音了 |
[28:11] | I can feel it. | 我有预感 |
[28:13] | Perhaps what we need is a brief evidentiary hearing! | 或许我们应该开个简短的证据听证会 |
[28:16] | Whoa, what was that? | 这是什么情况 |
[28:17] | I’m practicing. | 我在排练 |
[28:18] | I’m playing a lawyer in Fred’s movie. | 我要在弗雷德的宣传片中扮演一名律师 |
[28:20] | Didn’t you notice my costume? | 你都没注意到我的戏服吗 |
[28:23] | Yes. It’s a business suit. | 注意到了 这是职业套装 |
[28:24] | I move that you recuse yourself. | 我建议你自行提出被撤换 |
[28:26] | Counsel is testifying, your honor! | 律师在作证 法官大人 |
[28:28] | Get me some hemoglobin and start! | 给我点血红蛋白 开始吧 |
[28:30] | Ooh, that last line was medical. | 最后一句串到药品广告上了 |
[28:31] | Really, you’re going to criticize me | 不是吧 你竟然挑剔我 |
[28:33] | while I’m raw and in character? | 人家可是本色出演[真是本色啊…] |
[28:36] | – Sorry. – It’s okay. | -抱歉 – 没事啦 |
[28:38] | Fred’s got a real vision. | 弗雷德很有眼光 |
[28:39] | I think this could be a classic like ” On the Waterfront.” | 这部作品一定会象《码头风云》那样经典 |
[28:42] | – Oh, my god. – I know. It’s exciting, right? | -天啊 -真的很激动人心 对吗 |
[28:44] | Yeah, Stacy, where are Jane’s DVDs — | 是啊 史黛西 简的DVD都放在哪里 |
[28:46] | the ones that were in these boxes? | 就是之前这些盒子里的那些 |
[28:48] | I put them on the bookshelf. | 我放在书架上了 |
[28:49] | And I put the books in the garage. | 而且我把书放到车库了 |
[28:51] | It’s not like we read. | 反正我们又不看书 |
[28:53] | Wait, what’s going on, sweetie? You’re getting all wacky. | 等等 亲爱的你这是怎么了 古里古怪的 |
[28:56] | Maybe Jane put the recording in one of these DVD cases. | 也许简把录音放在某个DVD盒子里 |
[28:59] | Mm, I don’t think so. I watched all of them. | 不会的 这些片子我都看过 |
[29:02] | Well, not the ones on the upper shelf — documentaries. | 不包括书架上层那些 我对纪录片不感冒 |
[29:06] | Snooze. | 太催眠了 |
[29:09] | “Richard Nixon — A Biography.” | 《理查德·尼克松传》 |
[29:13] | Richard Milhous Nixon, the 37th president. | 理查德·米尔豪斯·尼克松 第37届总统 |
[29:15] | He resigned from office in the wake of the Watergate Scandal. | 因水门事件风波引咎辞职 |
[29:18] | Milhous is a funny name. | 米尔豪斯这名字真逗 |
[29:20] | Stacy, Nixon taped everything. | 史黛西 尼克松什么事都要录音 |
[29:23] | So if Jane was being clever — | 所以如果简够聪明 |
[29:26] | And I think she was that kind of girl — | 当然她就是挺聪明的 |
[29:27] | Then she might have put it in here. | 她应该会把录音盘放这里面 |
[29:33] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[29:37] | We found it. | 找到了 |
[29:43] | – Sixty grand, we’ll take. – We got to step it up. | -我们拿六万 -我们应该多拿点 |
[29:45] | No. A little at a time. Just like we agreed. | 不行 每次只拿一点 我们说好了的 |
[29:48] | As long as it’s just the three of us, it’s enough. | 只要就我们三人分 肯定够的 |
[29:50] | When do we settle up? | 什么时候分钱 |
[29:52] | Tomorrow night. At the bar. | 明晚 在酒吧 |
[29:55] | Irrefutable proof, your honor, that my client is innocent. | 证据确凿 法官大人 我委托人是无辜的 |
[29:58] | Sure. If the recording were real. | 当然 只要录音是真的 |
[30:01] | If? What do you mean, “If”? | 只要 你说只要是什么意思 |
[30:02] | I made this recording, your honor. | 这是我录的 法官大人 |
[30:03] | I’ll testify under oath. | 我可以发誓 |
[30:05] | Which should suffice for authentication. | 这就足以证明录音的真实性 |
[30:06] | The defendant will testify to anything to save himself. | 被告为了洗脱罪名可以不顾一切 |
[30:10] | He has a point, Ms. Bingum. | 他说的在理 宾格温小姐 |
[30:11] | I mean, do you have any other evidence | 我是说 你有没有其他证据 |
[30:13] | To support the legitimacy of this recording? | 来证明这盘录音可信呢 |
[30:16] | We ask that you preclude the recording as evidence. | 我方请求 拒绝将这盘录音作为证物 |
[30:21] | Under Evidence Code 1401, I find that the defense | 按照证物法1401条规定 |
[30:24] | has failed to authenticate the recording. | 辩方未能证明录音的真实性 |
[30:25] | It’s inadmissible. Motion granted. | 不能作为证物 动议批准 |
[30:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:37] | What are you drinking? | 要喝点什么 |
[30:38] | I’m not. My office said you had an offer. | 我不是来喝酒的 我办公室的人说你有个提议 |
[30:41] | I’ll double the severance for every employee. | 我将员工的遣散费增加一倍 |
[30:44] | Not good enough. | 这可不够 |
[30:46] | She’s still gonna like you if you settle. | 即使你妥协了 她也还是会喜欢你的 |
[30:47] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[30:49] | You want to beat the ex-boyfriend. | 你想击败女友的前男友 |
[30:50] | I’d want the same. | 换做我也会这样 |
[30:52] | Look, I’m sorry Vanessa broke up with you, | 瓦内萨跟你分手 我很遗憾 |
[30:54] | But she has nothing to do with how I’m handling the case. | 但是我如何处理这个案子 与她无关 |
[30:57] | She said she broke up with me? | 她说是她提出分手的吗 |
[30:59] | Yeah. | 是 |
[31:04] | Well, you have my offer. | 好吧 你知道我的调解提议了 |
[31:06] | Take it to your client. | 转告你的委托人 |
[31:15] | When do we settle up? | 什么时候分钱 |
[31:16] | Tomorrow night. At the Barn. | 明晚 在巴恩酒吧 |
[31:17] | Why are we listening to this again? | 干嘛还要再听一遍 |
[31:19] | The judge threw it out. | 法官已经不予采纳了 |
[31:20] | Because maybe it’ll point us to something | 或许它能给我们些提示 |
[31:21] | that she’ll let in. | 能让法官同意采纳 |
[31:22] | Like something you might hear at the Barn. | 比如你在巴恩酒吧能听到的 |
[31:25] | It’s a downtown cop bar. | 那是市区的一家警察酒吧 |
[31:27] | And you know this because? | 你知道是因为… |
[31:28] | Because cops get lonely. | 因为警察很寂寞 |
[31:30] | Okay, so someone needs to head over to this Barn | 好吧 那么有人得去这个巴恩酒吧 |
[31:32] | And see if they can get one of the dirty cops to talk. | 看看能否让其中一个坏警察开口 |
[31:37] | I wish I could, but they all know me there. | 我希望我能去 不过他们都认识我了 |
[31:39] | Plus, they won’t talk to just anyone. | 再说 他们不会随便和谁都聊 |
[31:40] | They like a certain trashy type. | 他们偏爱某类花哨 惹眼的 |
[31:47] | Come on. | 搞错没啊 |
[31:51] | What kind of law interests you? | 你对哪方面的法律感兴趣呢 |
[31:53] | Labor law? We’ll put you to work. | 劳动法吗 我们会帮你安排工作 |
[31:55] | Contracts? Sign on the dotted line. | 合同法吗 请在虚线上签名 |
[31:58] | Free speech? | 言论自由吗 |
[31:59] | Oh. Sorry. | 噢 抱歉 |
[32:00] | We all like to talk. | 我们都喜欢聊天 |
[32:01] | At Harrison & Parker, | 在哈里森&帕克律师事务所 |
[32:03] | you will meet fascinating clients. | 你能见到令人无法抗拒的客户 |
[32:04] | Like the prizefighter whose dreams | 例如 被卑鄙的工会老板 |
[32:07] | are being dashed by a mean union boss. | 击碎梦想的职业拳击手 |
[32:09] | I went a little off-book there. | 这里我有点自由发挥了 |
[32:11] | I didn’t even notice. It looks great. | 我都没有注意到 看上去不错 |
[32:13] | And there’s no shortage of friendly and helpful assistants. | 而且这里从来都不缺友好且得力的助手 |
[32:18] | Like that one over there. | 就像那边那个 |
[32:19] | And…Cut! | 嗯… 停 |
[32:25] | I heard there was an offer. | 我听说有个调解提议 |
[32:27] | Let me guess — Will called. | 让我猜猜 威尔又给你打电话了 |
[32:33] | It bothers you. | 让你不安了 |
[32:35] | Did you really break up with him? | 真的是你提出和他分手的吗 |
[32:38] | Why? W- w-what did he say? | 为什么这么问 他说什么了 |
[32:40] | Doesn’t matter what he said. I care what you tell me. | 他说什么不重要 我在意的是你怎么说 |
[32:44] | Look, we were together for three years. | 听着 我们曾在一起3年 |
[32:47] | And I loved him. | 我喜欢过他 |
[32:49] | But I wasn’t in love with him. | 但是我不爱他 |
[32:52] | And he knew it. | 他也明白 |
[32:55] | So, yes, technically, he ended it, | 所以 对 理论上说 他提的分手 |
[32:58] | But I should have. | 但其实我早该提出 |
[33:01] | Are you upset? | 你不开心吗 |
[33:04] | Only that I haven’t found a way to win this case. | 只是因为我还没找到赢下这案子的办法 |
[33:12] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[33:16] | Schofield Manufacturing? | 斯科菲尔德制造公司吗 |
[33:19] | The company in Bakersfield. | 位于贝克斯菲尔德的一家公司 |
[33:21] | Will’s competition. | 威尔的竞争对手 |
[33:22] | If they can make a profit while remaining in California, | 要是他们能留在加州并盈利的话 |
[33:24] | Why can’t will? | 为什么威尔不能 |
[33:26] | – Hmm. – Come here. | -有理 -过来 |
[33:29] | What? | 干什么 |
[33:30] | Come over here. | 快过来 |
[33:44] | I feel bad for Will. | 我为威尔感到难过 |
[33:48] | It can’t be easy seeing you with someone new. | 因为见你和别人在一起 一定不好受 |
[34:06] | Jane. | 简 |
[34:09] | Ooh, stop perving. | 天 别偷看了 |
[34:11] | Look, I’m fine wearing a wire, | 听着 要我带窃听器没问题 |
[34:14] | But I’m not wearing this stupid hat or those capris. | 但我不带这傻乎乎的帽子 也不要穿紧身裤 |
[34:17] | Look, I know that the pants are Stacy’s, | 听着 我知道裤子是史黛西的 |
[34:20] | But I really think you could squeeze in. | 但我真觉得 你使使劲 还是能穿上的 |
[34:22] | Wear that hat, and you will be arrested for glittering. | 带上帽子 你就会因美得发光而被捕了 |
[34:26] | A tube top and a press-on american-flag tattoo. | 紧身上衣加美国国旗印记纹身 |
[34:29] | Enough. I’m wearing my own clothes. | 够了 我要穿自己的衣服 |
[34:32] | – Just tell me who I’m looking for. – Okay. | -只要告诉我目标是谁 -好吧 |
[34:34] | Detective Mckray — 37, married. | 迈凯瑞探长 37岁 已婚 |
[34:38] | Detective Remar — 28, single. | 瑞马探长 28岁 单身 |
[34:41] | Ooh, and Sergeant Lou Contorsi. | 哦 还有卢·肯托西警长 |
[34:44] | 10 bucks says he’ll be there. | 赌10美元 他会在那里 |
[34:45] | Always drinks jack, straight up. | 总是喝威士忌 不加冰 |
[34:47] | Sits at a corner table almost every night. | 几乎每晚都坐在角落的桌子 |
[34:49] | 45 years old, married 17 years. | 45岁 结婚17年了 |
[34:51] | But still looking, and he likes blondes. | 但是还不收心 他最爱金发美女了 |
[34:59] | Wire me up. | 帮我装上窃听器吧 |
[35:07] | Tequila. Anejo if you have it. | 龙舌兰 如果有的话 陈年的 |
[35:10] | Yeah, I been shot a couple of times. | 是呀 我中过几次枪 |
[35:12] | Didn’t kill me. | 但都大难不死 |
[35:14] | – You’re kidding me. Where? – That’s for me to know. | -开玩笑吧 在哪里 -这可不能告诉你 |
[35:15] | And a jack, straight up. | 还要一杯威士忌 不加冰 |
[35:18] | Okay. Can I frisk you first? | 行 我能先搜你的身吗 |
[35:20] | Yeah. | 行 |
[35:23] | Contorsi, right? | 你是肯托西 对吗 |
[35:25] | We’re talking here. | 我们在聊天呢 |
[35:27] | Oh, his wife sent me over with a message. | 哦 他老婆让我过来带个口信 |
[35:29] | She thinks she’s pregnant again. | 她觉得她可能又怀孕了 |
[35:31] | Dude! | 臭男人 |
[35:38] | You don’t know my wife. | 你其实不认识我老婆 |
[35:40] | Nope. | 不认识 |
[35:42] | But I do know detective Mckray. | 但是我认识迈凯瑞探长 |
[35:44] | He said you could help me. | 他说你能帮我 |
[35:47] | Well, what do you need? | 好吧 你要干什么 |
[35:51] | My brother got busted for possession. | 我兄弟因持有毒品被捕 |
[35:53] | The cops raided his place. | 警察突击检查了他的住处 |
[35:54] | They took his cash, some jewelry. | 他们缴获了现金 一些珠宝 |
[35:56] | There was a ring that used to belong to my grandmother. | 里面有个戒指 是我祖母的遗物 |
[35:59] | What do you think I can do? | 你觉得我能做什么呢 |
[36:04] | Get the ring back. | 取回戒指 |
[36:08] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[36:11] | It’s a family heirloom. And I’ll pay. | 那是传家宝 我会付钱 |
[36:23] | We’re due back in court in an hour. | 我们一小时后就要重回法庭了 |
[36:25] | Why did you call me here? | 为何叫我来这里 |
[36:26] | Do you recognize this, Will? | 认识这个吗 威尔 |
[36:32] | It’s our part. X9-170. | 是我们的零件 X9-170 |
[36:35] | It’s used in prefab steel shelving units. | 用于预制不锈钢货架 |
[36:38] | Been making them for years. So? | 已经生产多年 怎么了 |
[36:39] | Schofield Manufacturing of Bakersfield | 位于贝克斯菲尔德的 斯科菲尔德制造公司 |
[36:42] | makes an identical bolt. | 也生产一样的螺栓 |
[36:43] | Theirs is used in unmanned drones for the military. | 他们的产品用于军方的无人侦察机 |
[36:46] | What’s your point? | 你什么意思 |
[36:47] | This bolt is how Schofield | 斯科菲尔德就是用此螺栓 |
[36:49] | is undercutting you. | 与你们低价竞争 |
[36:50] | They qualify as a trusted foundry | 作为国防部授信计划中 |
[36:53] | under D.O.D. ‘s trusted access program. | 合格的制造商 |
[36:55] | They get across-the-board government rebates. | 他们能获得政府全面补助 |
[36:58] | You make the same bolt, | 你们也生产同款螺栓 |
[37:00] | which means you’re eligible for the same savings. | 也就是说 你们也有资格得到同样补助 |
[37:02] | You just have to fill out the application. | 你只需填写申请表格 |
[37:11] | Sondra. | 桑德拉 |
[37:12] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[37:15] | Assuming he’s right… | 如果他说的可行… |
[37:19] | …The factory stays. | 工厂就能留下 |
[37:23] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[37:25] | I’ll go let everybody know. | 我会通知所有员工 |
[37:27] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[37:30] | Bye. | 拜 |
[37:33] | So, you beat the ex-boyfriend. | 恭喜你击败了前男友 |
[37:35] | Eh, I don’t know. | 呃 我不知道 |
[37:36] | I think we both won here. | 我觉得我俩在这事上都赢了 |
[37:38] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:40] | And seriously, good luck with Vanessa. | 并且 说真的 祝你和瓦内萨顺利 |
[37:50] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[37:52] | It’s a family heirloom. And I’ll pay. | 那是传家宝 我会付钱 |
[37:55] | We don’t do that anymore. | 我们已经洗手不干了 |
[37:56] | Not since we almost got caught. | 自从我们差点被抓后 就不干了 |
[37:58] | And besides, Mckray and I never touched jewelry — | 另外 迈凯瑞和我从不经手珠宝 |
[38:01] | Only cash. | 只经手现金 |
[38:03] | Ms. Kaswell, as an officer of the court, | 卡斯维小姐 身为律师 为维护法律之公正 |
[38:07] | is it your testimony that you made this tape | 你是否作证 是你录制了这盘磁带 |
[38:09] | and the voice is Sergeant Contorsi, | 并且对话来自肯托西警长 |
[38:11] | who is sitting right there? | 他就坐在那里 |
[38:14] | Yes. | 我作证 |
[38:15] | In light of this new evidence, | 鉴于这项新证据 |
[38:16] | Sergeant Contorsi has agreed to authenticate | 肯托西警长已同意证明 |
[38:18] | the prior recording made by my client — | 我委托人早先所作录音真实有效 |
[38:20] | The one that proves him innocent. | 那段录音证明他是无辜的 |
[38:24] | In that case, | 既然这样 |
[38:25] | the charges against Detective Prentiss are hereby dismissed. | 对普伦蒂斯探长的指控就此撤销 |
[38:32] | Oh, one more thing, your honor. | 噢 还有一事 法官大人 |
[38:34] | may I direct the court’s attention to the officers | 可否允许我提请法庭 |
[38:36] | from the major crimes unit? | 多加留意重案组的警官 |
[38:38] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[38:41] | We’ll see you at your trial, detectives. | 我们会在你们的审判中再见的 探长们 |
[38:50] | Okay, so just keep in mind that this is a rough cut. | 好的 要知道 这只是最初剪辑版 |
[38:53] | You know what? Maybe we should wait. | 你知道吗 或许我们该等等 |
[38:55] | Fred, be quiet. Let’s start the show. | 弗雷德 安静 开始吧 |
[38:59] | Hi. Welcome to Harrison & Parker. | 嗨 欢迎来到哈里森&帕克律师事务所 |
[39:02] | Let me show you around. | 我带大家参观下吧 |
[39:04] | Imagine never having to set foot outside the office | 想像一下 当你想寻找各种食物时 |
[39:06] | when you need to forage for the major food groups. | 无需离开办公室一步 |
[39:09] | We provide them all. | 这里无所不有 |
[39:11] | Cookies. Caffeine. And fruit. | 饼干 咖啡 还有新鲜水果 |
[39:15] | That is so good, it shouldn’t even be legal. | 这样惬意的工作环境 简直不该是合法的 |
[39:18] | Get it? “Legal”? Like lawyers. | 听到了吗 我也会说”合法” 挺像律师的哈 |
[39:22] | Need to clear your head from drawing up | 起草错案补救令状时 |
[39:24] | writs of coram nobis? | 需要提提神吗 |
[39:27] | Ahh! Smell that clean L. A. city air. | 啊 闻闻那清新的洛杉矶城市气息 |
[39:31] | You can take as many breaks as you need, | 你想休息多久都行 |
[39:33] | so long as you’re thinking of legal stuff. | 只要你脑子里想的是”合法”的事 |
[39:38] | I love you, Harrison & Parker! | 我爱你 哈里森&帕克 |
[39:44] | This is supposed to | 你就打算用这个 |
[39:47] | recruit law students to Harrison&Parker? | 帮哈里森&帕克律招法学院学生吗 |
[39:48] | I- I’d want to work there. | 我 我就会心动啊 |
[39:50] | Okay, that… | 好吧 你的大作… |
[39:51] | …does not see the light of day. | 被枪毙了 |
[39:57] | I- I’m — I’m sorry, Stacy. | 我 我很抱歉 史黛西 |
[40:00] | It’s a masterpiece. | 这是大师级作品 |
[40:02] | What does Kim know? She’s just a lawyer. | 金知道什么 她就是个律师 |
[40:04] | A real one. | 真正的律师 |
[40:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:09] | See you at home. | 回家见 |
[40:17] | Excuse me. Am I interrupting? | 抱歉 打扰你了吗 |
[40:20] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[40:21] | Hope and I wanted | 赫普和我想 |
[40:22] | to introduce you to our son, Billy. | 把你介绍给我们的儿子 比利 |
[40:25] | It’s nice to meet you, Billy. | 很高兴见到你 比利 |
[40:26] | Mom says you’re the one who got dad back. | 妈妈说是你把爸爸找回来的 |
[40:28] | Oh! Well, she helped too. | 哦 那个 也有她的功劳 |
[40:31] | As far as I’m concerned, both your parents are real heroes. | 在我看来 你父母都是真正的英雄 |
[40:34] | I know. They rock. | 我知道 他们棒极了 |
[40:35] | Except when I don’t do my math homework. | 除非我不想做数学作业 |
[40:37] | Then they take away my playstation. | 被他们没收游戏机的时候 |
[40:40] | Can you guys give us a moment? | 能否让我们单独待会儿 |
[40:42] | There’s cookies in the kitchen. | 厨房里有饼干 |
[40:43] | Awesome! Dad, let’s go! | 棒极了 爸爸 我们走 |
[40:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[40:47] | Jane, you’ve given me my life back. | 简 你把我的生活还给了我 |
[40:50] | How can I thank you? | 我该如何感谢你 |
[40:51] | It was nothing. | 不客气 |
[40:53] | I’m so sorry for ruining your big night. | 我真的很抱歉 毁了你那晚的好事 |
[40:55] | No. Hope, I understand. | 不 赫普 我理解 |
[40:59] | He’s…a good man. | 他是个… 好男人 |
[41:00] | And… | 还有 |
[41:08] | I am really happy for you. For both of you. | 我真的为你感到高兴 为你们俩 |
[41:15] | Okay. | 谢谢 |
[41:23] | I have an idea, Mr. Jordan. | 我有个提议 乔丹先生 |
[41:25] | Couldn’t we have him reborn? | 我们为何不能让他重生呢 |
[41:26] | Nothing doing. I’m not gonna go through that again. | 绝不 我不会再经历一次了 |
[41:28] | Oh, no, no. No, no, no, no. | 哦 不要 不 不 |
[41:30] | Ooh! Am I late for movie night? | 电影夜 我是不是迟到了 |
[41:33] | Sorry, sweetie. It’s an old one. | 对不起 甜心 这是老电影 |
[41:35] | But you might like it, Jane. | 不过或许你会喜欢 简 |
[41:36] | It has a quirky plot about a man | 情节离奇 |
[41:37] | who dies in a terrible accident | 说的是一个男人死于事故 |
[41:39] | and then gets put into another person’s body. | 然后进了另一个人的体内 |
[41:42] | This complicates everything. | 把一切都搞乱了 |
[41:43] | I have an idea, Mr. Jordan. | 我有个主意 乔丹先生 |
[41:45] | Well, make room. | 腾个地儿 |
[41:46] | Nothing doing. I’m not gonna go through that again. | 没用 我不会再经历一次了 |
[41:49] | Oh, no, no. No, no, no, no. | 哦 不要 不 不 |
[41:51] | Well, I see I’ll have to take personal charge of this. | 那么 我看我不得不对此负责了 |
[41:54] | Now, you’re talking, Mr. Jordan. | 这才对嘛 乔丹先生 |
[41:55] | You got to get busy and do something. | 你得找点事做 忙起来 |
[41:56] | I intend to. Come along, Joseph. | 我想要的 过来 约瑟夫 |
[41:58] | Wait a minute. Where to? | 等等 去哪里 |
[41:59] | – I’m taking you back. – Yeah, but you can’t. | -我要带你回去 -可是你不能 |
[42:01] | Didn’t we just tell you? I haven’t got a body anymore. | 我们刚才没告诉你吗 我没有躯体了 |
[42:03] | Well, what of it? I’ll get you another body. | 那又怎样 我会给你再找个身体 |
[42:05] | – You’ll do what? – Another body? | -你要干什么 -另一个身体吗 |
[42:06] | Well, that’s what I said. Come along, Joseph. | 我就是那么说的 来吧 约瑟夫 |
[42:08] | No, wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 不 等一下 等一下 |
[42:09] | What kind of a deal is this? | 这算什么 |
[42:10] | You can’t go shoving just anybody’s body off on me. | 你不能就这样随便找个身体把我塞进去 |
[42:12] | No, not on your life. | 不行 这辈子都别想 |
[42:13] | Mr. Pendleton, please. | 彭德尔顿先生 求你 |
[42:15] | If Mr. Jordan says he’ll get you another body, | 若乔丹先生说他会给你再找个躯体 |
[42:17] | he’ll get you another body — | 他就会做到 |
[42:18] | Every bit as good as your own, if not better. | 即使不比原来的好 至少也相当 |