时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:04] | That was me, Deb, | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:05] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂的 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up. | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | And I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:21] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend Stacy | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 |
[00:24] | and my guardian angel, Fred. | 还有我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | …And, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:43] | New lipstick? | 新口红哈 |
[00:45] | Smoke red, Tom Ford. | 烟熏红 汤姆·福特[著名设计师同名品牌] |
[00:47] | Private Blend! | 独尊配方系列 |
[00:49] | I splurged. | 小挥霍了一把 |
[00:50] | So jealous. | 羡慕嫉妒恨啊 |
[00:51] | What’s the occasion? | 怎么想起来买这个 |
[00:53] | I’m becoming a rainmaker. | 我快成唤雨巫师咯[比喻善于游说者] |
[00:55] | Isn’t that a lawn sprinkler? | 那不是指草坪洒水机吗 |
[00:58] | At work it’s someone who brings in a lot of money. | 在职场上 是指能呼风唤雨的招财者 |
[01:00] | I just landed a great new client. | 我刚接手一位新客户 |
[01:02] | Her boss demoted her for being too old. | 她的老板因为嫌她太老 将她降职 |
[01:05] | There should be a law against that. | 这种行为肯定是违法的 |
[01:07] | There is. | 没错 |
[01:08] | And she works for a company with deep pockets. | 而且她公司的口袋深不见底[比喻财力雄厚] |
[01:10] | Deep pockets — so late ’90s. | 深口袋… 那是上世纪90年代的款了 |
[01:13] | Different kind of pockets. | 深口袋是一种比喻 |
[01:14] | I know. I’m just messing with you. | 我知道 逗你玩儿呢 |
[01:16] | Anyway… | 总之呢… |
[01:18] | the client saw one of my cases online | 那位客户在网上看到我处理的一单案子 |
[01:21] | and called me. | 然后主动联系了我 |
[01:22] | I’m getting a reputation. | 我声誉渐长了 |
[01:24] | What’s with the new lipstick? | 怎么买了只新口红 |
[01:25] | Jane’s getting a reputation. | 因为简名气大增 |
[01:27] | The good kind. | 好名声 |
[01:29] | I got to go make rain. | 我要去大显神通了 |
[01:32] | Good luck, sweetie. | 祝你好运 宝贝儿 |
[01:33] | Fred, how many times have I told you | 弗雷德 我跟你说过多少次 |
[01:36] | “Instyle” Magazine is not a coaster? | 别拿《型时代》杂志当杯垫 |
[01:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:40] | Uh, this was in the mailbox. | 我在信箱里发现这个 |
[01:43] | Still? | 还在呢 |
[01:46] | It came a couple days ago, | 它几天前就在了 |
[01:47] | and I left it there, hoping that the mailman would take it back. | 我没管它 希望邮差能知趣地收走它 |
[01:50] | It’s from your credit card company. | 是你的信用卡公司寄来的 |
[01:52] | Says “Final notice,” all capital letters. | 写着”最后通知” 触目惊心的大写 |
[01:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:55] | They ruined the color pink forever. | 还用得粉色信纸 可怜的粉色 |
[01:57] | How did this happen? | 这是怎么回事 |
[01:59] | Well, I was all set to make the minimum payment of $150. | 我本该支付150美元信用卡最低还款额 |
[02:04] | And? | 然后呢 |
[02:06] | Marc Jacobs ankle boots. 60% off! | 马克·雅克布的短靴打四折呢 |
[02:08] | You got to let me help. Can I loan you the money? | 你得让我帮你 我借你钱如何 |
[02:10] | No, I can’t take your money. | 不行 我不能拿你的钱 |
[02:12] | Good, ’cause I don’t have 150 bucks. | 好吧 因为我也没有150块 |
[02:14] | What if we ask Jane? | 不如找简帮忙吧 |
[02:15] | I can’t ask Jane…again. | 我不能… “再”找简了 |
[02:19] | Maybe you could mail the shoes to the credit card company. | 也许你可以把鞋寄去信用卡公司抵债 |
[02:21] | They were 60% off! | 拜托 四折 物超所值啊 |
[02:33] | Cream, two sugars, right? | 加奶油 两块方糖 对吧 |
[02:35] | How did you know I was here? | 你怎么知道我在这儿 |
[02:37] | Reflection in the microwave. | 微波炉壁上的反射 |
[02:39] | Very Jason Bourne. I like it. | 杰森·伯恩[谍影重重男主]般敏锐 我喜欢 |
[02:41] | I’m former CIA. Don’t tell. | 我曾是中情局特工 别告诉别人 |
[02:44] | Oh, you have a little something on your tie, | 你领带上有东西 |
[02:47] | Mr. Bourne. | “伯恩”先生 |
[02:49] | Don’t worry. No one sight. | 别担心 没人看见 |
[02:51] | I checked the microwave. | 我看着微波炉壁呢 |
[02:52] | Ms. Kaswell, | 卡斯维女士 |
[02:53] | please be ready to update us | 请准备好在例会上报告 |
[02:55] | on the Hobbs divorce at the staff meeting. | 霍布斯离婚案的最新进展 |
[02:56] | Absolutely, Mr. Parker, Sir. | 没问题 帕克先生 |
[02:58] | I’m on top of it. | 我都处理好了 |
[02:59] | Good day. | 回见 |
[03:02] | Crap. The Hobbs divorce. | 该死 霍布斯离婚案 |
[03:06] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:08] | Code red — Donald Hobbs is waiting on us | 紧急任务 唐纳德·霍布斯在等我们 |
[03:10] | to pull the trigger on his divorce. | 处理他的离婚案 |
[03:11] | Get an expedited process server | 赶紧通过快件 |
[03:12] | to bring his wife divorce papers. | 把离婚协议文件送给他妻子 |
[03:14] | Expedited? That’s 175 bucks. | 快件 那要175块钱啊 |
[03:16] | I don’t care. I was supposed to do this days ago. | 我不管 我几天前就该处理的 |
[03:18] | How could I forget an entire case? | 我怎么会忘得一干二净 |
[03:20] | Oh, that’s easy. You’re in a new relationship. | 很简单 你要忙着应付新恋情 |
[03:21] | Your brain is soaking in a stew of endorphins | 你大脑被内啡肽[产生快感的荷尔蒙]所包围 |
[03:23] | which never get a chance to dissipate | 而这些内啡肽又无法消散 |
[03:24] | because the object of your affection is a co-worker. | 因为引起内啡肽分泌的 是你形影不离的同事 |
[03:27] | The question was rhetorical. | 那是反问 不用你回答 |
[03:38] | Hey, Stacy. | 喂 史黛西 |
[03:39] | How would you like to make 175 bucks? | 有个175块钱的活儿 想不想赚 |
[03:45] | It’s our first house. | 那是我们的第一幢房子 |
[03:46] | We bought it from the bank. | 我们从银行购得 |
[03:48] | It was a foreclosure. | 那是前房主丧失赎取权后 低价再售的 |
[03:49] | We thought it was a good deal. | 我们觉得很划算 |
[03:51] | But now you want out of it? | 但是现在你们不想住了 |
[03:53] | We can’t go back there. Ever. | 我们不能回去 再也不能了 |
[03:57] | It’s haunted. | 那房子闹鬼 |
[03:59] | “Haunted”? | “闹鬼” |
[04:00] | Well, there were issues from the day we moved in — | 自打我们一搬进去 那房子就不太平… |
[04:03] | weird sounds, flickering lights. | 有怪声 灯还会闪 |
[04:06] | And then two weeks ago… | 两周前… |
[04:09] | I woke up and I saw a ghost standing by our bed. | 我醒来发现 有个鬼魂就站在我们床边 |
[04:13] | Tracy screamed. I woke up. | 特蕾西大叫 我就醒了 |
[04:15] | But, by then, whatever was there had, uh, disappeared. | 但等到那时 床边的东西就不见了 |
[04:19] | It happened the next three nights. | 接下来三晚都是这样 |
[04:20] | We’ve been at a motel ever since. | 之后我们就住在汽车旅馆 |
[04:23] | Are you guys putting me on? | 你们拿我寻开心呢 |
[04:24] | Is this some sort of practical joke? | 这是什么恶作剧吗 |
[04:26] | You don’t have to believe us. | 你不用相信我们 |
[04:28] | You just have to help us. Please. | 只要帮我们打赢官司就好 拜托 |
[04:36] | Let’s move on to new business. | 来讨论下新案件吧 |
[04:39] | This isn’t civics class, Bingum. | 这又不是公民学课堂 宾格温 |
[04:42] | I’m sorry. I’m just so excited. | 抱歉 我只是太兴奋了 |
[04:44] | I have an age-discrimination suit. | 我接到一单年龄歧视案 |
[04:46] | I like it. Keep talking. | 我喜欢 继续说 |
[04:47] | She was a drug rep for Clasky pharmaceuticals. | 她是克拉斯奇医药公司的销售代表 |
[04:50] | Clasky. They’re Fortune 500. | 克拉斯奇 他们可是《财富》500强啊 |
[04:51] | I am falling in love with it. | 我爱死这个案子了 |
[04:52] | She was arbitrarily demoted to a desk job | 她被肆意降职 去做办公室工作 |
[04:54] | and replaced by a 24-year-old. | 原职位由24岁的新人接任 |
[04:57] | I see a seven-figure judgment. | 我已经能看见判决书上的七位数赔偿金了 |
[04:59] | We are on the right side of the issue. | 而我们代表稳赢的一方 |
[05:01] | So it’s a win-win. | 所以这个案子是双赢 |
[05:02] | I like to win-win. Kaswell, take the lead. | 我就喜欢双赢 卡斯维 你做首席律师 |
[05:04] | – Bingum, make the introductions. – What? No. | -宾格温 引见一下 -什么 不 |
[05:05] | – Absolutely. – No, this is my case. | -没问题 -不行 这是我的案子 |
[05:07] | You’re excited about the case. I get it. | 你对这个案子很有兴趣 我明白 |
[05:09] | I’m sure Kim will be happy to have you as second chair. | 我相信金很乐意有你做副手 |
[05:11] | Moving on, uh, who else has pending litigation? | 继续 还有谁有待定的案子吗 |
[05:19] | How does this happen? | 这是怎么回事 |
[05:20] | Please, I’ve been your second chair plenty of times. | 拜托 我做你很多次副手了 |
[05:22] | The client’s waiting in your office. | 客户在你办公室等着 |
[05:24] | What’s she doing here? | 她在这干嘛 |
[05:26] | She is meeting her client. | “她”来见”她”的客户 |
[05:28] | Parker made her first chair. | 帕克让她做首席律师 |
[05:33] | Teri, please tell me that that is not my client. | 泰丽 别告诉我那人就是我客户 |
[05:36] | That’s your age discrimination? | 那就是你年龄歧视案的客户吗 |
[05:37] | How old is she? | 她才多大啊 |
[05:38] | And if she’s over 50, who did her work? | 如果她过50岁了 怎么能保养这么好 |
[05:41] | She’s 34. | 她34岁 |
[05:42] | A 34-year-old suing for age discrimination. | 34岁的人起诉年龄歧视 |
[05:45] | Is this your way of sandbagging me? | 你故意想阴我吧 |
[05:47] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:49] | I knew that you were going to steal my case, | 我早知道你要偷我的案子 |
[05:51] | so I cleverly arranged for my client | 所以我聪明地安排了一个比我想象的 |
[05:53] | to be 30 years younger than I thought she’d be. | 要年轻30岁的客户给你 |
[05:55] | I’m a diabolical genius. | 我真是个阴险的天才啊 |
[05:57] | That would be so cool if you were. | 如果真是这样 一定酷毙了 |
[05:59] | I know. Right? | 我知道 是吧 |
[06:01] | Well, after you, first chair. | 您先请 首席律师 |
[06:05] | Clasky recruited me right out of college | 我大学一毕业就在克拉斯奇工作 |
[06:07] | to sell heart medications. | 推销治疗心脏病的药物 |
[06:09] | Within three years, I covered half of L.A. County. | 3年内 我的业务就遍及半个洛杉矶 |
[06:11] | So, what happened? | 之后怎么了 |
[06:12] | I got older. | 我年龄渐长 |
[06:13] | Once I hit 30, they started handing off | 我刚到30岁 他们就开始 |
[06:16] | parts of my territory and most of my commission — | 把我的部分销售区域和大部分佣金转给… |
[06:18] | – To younger salespeople? – 24-year-olds. | -给年轻推销员吗 -24岁的推销员 |
[06:21] | Clasky wants their reps to be young and cute. | 克拉斯奇希望他们的销售代表年轻漂亮 |
[06:24] | Like most drug companies, | 就像大部分制药公司 |
[06:26] | they recruit a lot of cheerleaders and pageant girls. | 它们会招大量拉拉队队长 和参加选美的靓女 |
[06:29] | But they haven’t fired you? | 但他们没解雇你是吗 |
[06:30] | No, they exiled me to customer service. | 没 他们把我降职去售后服务部 |
[06:33] | My family… | 我整个家庭… |
[06:37] | depends on my income, | 都靠我的收入过活 |
[06:40] | which is down 50% | 自从我做办公室工作后 |
[06:41] | since they put me on a desk. | 收入就减少了一半 |
[06:43] | Can you think of any other reason | 你能想到任何其他原因 |
[06:45] | you might have been demoted? | 会导致你被降职的吗 |
[06:47] | I know they were unhappy | 我知道他们不太高兴 |
[06:48] | I cut back on their extracurricular functions. | 我减少了我的业余活动 |
[06:50] | What kind of extracurriculars? | 什么业余活动呢 |
[06:52] | Booze cruises, happy hours, trips to Vegas. | 游艇酒宴 寻欢作乐 拉斯维加斯之旅 |
[06:57] | I have kids. | 我有孩子啊 |
[06:58] | I need to be home nights and weekends. | 我晚上和周末都得待在家里 |
[06:59] | Plus, I was making my numbers | 另外 我的工作量都达标 |
[07:00] | Without doing Jell-O shots with the doctors. | 从不用为了拉业务 陪医生狂饮果冻鸡尾酒 |
[07:03] | Charlotte, you need to know that discrimination laws | 夏洛蒂 你要知道你的年龄 |
[07:05] | were’t designed to protect people your age. | 不在受歧视法保护范围内 |
[07:08] | So, I’m too old to sell, | 就是说 做销售嫌我太老 |
[07:11] | but too young to sue? | 上诉又嫌我太年轻 |
[07:12] | I didn’t mean it like that. | 我不是那个意思 |
[07:13] | I just want you to realize that… | 我只是希望你能明白… |
[07:15] | We will do everything we can to fix this. | 我们会竭尽全力帮你 |
[07:22] | Okay, not that I’m complaining, but… | 好吧 我不想唧唧歪歪 但… |
[07:25] | what are you wearing? | 你穿的是啥啊 |
[07:27] | It’s my swiss alps oktoberfest barmaid outfit. | 这是我瑞士阿尔卑斯慕尼黑啤酒节女仆装 |
[07:33] | Why? | 干嘛穿这个 |
[07:34] | Last time I deliveried a singing telegram, | 上次我寄送唱歌电报时 |
[07:36] | it was a big hit. | 这件衣服大受欢迎的呢 |
[07:37] | I got tips. | 还拿了小费 |
[07:38] | This is not a singing telegram, Stacy. | 这次不是唱歌电报 史黛西 |
[07:41] | Um, these are legal documents, | 这些是法律文件 |
[07:44] | uh, that initiate a divorce. | 用来提出离婚 |
[07:46] | You need to hand them to Mrs. Hobbs | 你得把它们交给霍布斯女士 |
[07:48] | and say, “You’ve been served.” | 记得要说 “文件已经送达” |
[07:52] | You’ve been served. | 文件已经送达 |
[07:54] | That’s right. | 就是这样 |
[07:56] | You’ve been served. | 文件已经送达 |
[07:57] | That’s good, too. | 这样也不错 |
[07:59] | You’ve been served. | 文件已经送达 |
[08:03] | I see why you got tips. | 我明白为什么你拿到小费了 |
[08:09] | Ghosts? | 鬼魂 |
[08:11] | I can’t believe that you can sit there | 我真的难以相信 |
[08:12] | with a straight face | 你们居然坐在这一本正经地 |
[08:14] | and tell me — | 告诉我… |
[08:15] | The house is sold. | 这房子已经售出了 |
[08:16] | Escrow’s closed. | 银行已完成第三方托管交易 |
[08:18] | I thought you might be open to a discussion. | 我以为你还有得商量 |
[08:19] | There’s nothing to discuss. | 没什么好商量的 |
[08:21] | What about the fact that the house is haunted? | 那房子真的闹鬼怎么办 |
[08:22] | I saw the ghost. | 我看见鬼魂了 |
[08:24] | It does appear there are problems with — | 的确有问题… |
[08:26] | Our inspectors did a thorough examination of the property, | 我们的专员已经对那幢房产做过彻底检查 |
[08:29] | which your clients signed off on. | 而且你的委托人已经签字通过 |
[08:31] | There’s nothing wrong with — | 没有任何问题… |
[08:32] | – We have proof. – We do? | -我们有证据 -我们有吗 |
[08:42] | The international bureau of paranormal investigations, | 位于新泽西州特林顿的 |
[08:46] | based in Trenton, New Jersey. | 超自然现象调查组织国际部 |
[08:48] | They analyzed the aura over the phone | 他们通过电话分析了那幢房子的气场 |
[08:50] | and concluded that there is | 结论就是 那幢房子里确实有 |
[08:51] | a supernatural presence in the house | 超自然力量的存在 |
[08:53] | and a strong possibility that the house is a portal. | 而且那幢房子很可能是一个入口 |
[08:57] | A portal? Well, why didn’t you say that before? | 入口 你之前怎么不说呢 |
[09:00] | Well, here, let me open up my checkbook and write you a — | 算了 不就是等着我给你们开张支票… |
[09:04] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑啊你们 |
[09:05] | No need to be sarcastic. | 不用这么挖苦人 |
[09:07] | Tell me something, Mr. Kent. | 告诉我 肯特先生 |
[09:09] | Do you believe there are ghosts in your clients’ house? | 你相信你委托人家里闹鬼吗 |
[09:17] | Look, with all the foreclosures, | 听着 关于取消抵押品赎回权 |
[09:19] | is it possible the bank has a different property | 银行有可能用其他财产 |
[09:21] | we can roll the Prescotts’ mortgage into? | 与普雷斯科特的房产作交换吗 |
[09:23] | Here’s my offer. | 我给的提议是 |
[09:24] | The Prescotts continue to pay the mortgage, | 普雷斯科特继续还房贷 |
[09:26] | I don’t have them evicted | 我不会收回房子 |
[09:28] | and torch their credit rating. | 也不碰他们的信用记录 |
[09:30] | Deal? | 成交 |
[09:36] | Don’t forget — proactive and peremptory. | 别忘了… 积极主动和气场 |
[09:39] | If it feels right, I’ll use it. | 该用的时候 我会用 |
[09:40] | Now shh! I’m first chair. | 嘘 我才是首席 |
[09:42] | Your honor, we move for immediate dismissal. | 法官大人 我们请求立即驳回起诉 |
[09:45] | California’s fair employment and housing act | 加州公平就业法和住宅条例 |
[09:47] | grants no age protection to people under 40. | 对40岁以下的人不予以年龄保护 |
[09:49] | We understand that. | 我们明白 |
[09:50] | But Clasky Pharmaceuticals’ unnatural obsession with youth | 但克拉斯奇医药公司 对年轻女性超常的青睐 |
[09:54] | amounts to de facto age discrimination. | 已构成事实上的年龄歧视 |
[09:56] | Please. Counsel saying it doesn’t make it so. | 拜托 不是律师说什么就是什么 |
[09:58] | Our country is increasingly youth-oriented. | 我们的国家对年轻人的青睐日益高涨 |
[10:00] | We have sports figures who are over the hill at 30, | 数据表明 运动员三十岁就过了巅峰期 |
[10:03] | A president in his 40s. | 总裁四十岁就廉颇老矣 |
[10:05] | Let’s not forget Ashton Kutcher. | 别忘记艾什顿·库奇[影星 黛米·摩尔老公] |
[10:07] | Three careers and a stepfather to teenagers | 27岁就已经有了三段职业生涯 |
[10:09] | – by the time he was 27-years-old. – Shh! | -还当上了继父 -嘘 |
[10:13] | The law needs to recognize | 法律需要承认 |
[10:14] | that while we’re living longer, | 在人们越来越长寿地同时 |
[10:15] | we’re being aged out sooner. | 我们也越来越早地面临老龄化 |
[10:17] | Your honor, Charlotte Perkins is an at-will employee. | 法官大人 夏洛特·佩琴是随心所欲的员工 |
[10:20] | She can be demoted or even fired at our discretion. | 她可因此被我们降职甚至开除 |
[10:24] | I will take the matter under advisement. | 我会听取陪审团意见后决定 |
[10:26] | Your honor, this is proactive and peremptory discrimination. | 法官大人 这是先发制人 专横独断的歧视 |
[10:31] | They purposefully demoted Charlotte before | 他们故意在夏洛蒂四十岁之前降她的职 |
[10:33] | she turned 40 to avoid a lawsuit. | 以逃避法律纠纷 |
[10:36] | Is that it? | 说完了吗 |
[10:38] | Or is somebody else going to jump up and yell at me? | 还有人要突然站起来对我吼吗 |
[10:41] | No, that’s it. | 没了 我说完了 |
[10:45] | You’ve been served. | 文件已经送达 |
[10:48] | You’ve been served. | 文件已经送达 |
[10:50] | You’ve been served. | 文件已经送达 |
[10:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:55] | Just a second. | 等一下 |
[10:57] | – You’ve been – welcome home. | -文件已经 -欢迎回家 |
[10:58] | What? | 什么 |
[11:00] | You’re not Donald. | 你不是唐纳德 |
[11:01] | No. | 不 |
[11:02] | Just delivering something. | 只是来送点东西 |
[11:04] | I’m so embarrassed. | 真尴尬 |
[11:06] | My husband is due back from a business trip today, | 我丈夫本该今天出差回来的 |
[11:08] | And, well, we’re newlyweds. | 我们是新婚夫妇 |
[11:10] | Ohh! It’s beautiful. | 好漂亮的戒指 |
[11:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:13] | You know, I’ve never been one of those girls | 你知道吗 我从来不是那种 |
[11:15] | who dreamed of wedding rings. | 渴望婚戒的女孩 |
[11:16] | But then I saw this, and… | 但我看见这个之后 |
[11:18] | Uh, how long have you been married? | 你结婚多久了 |
[11:21] | Six weeks on Saturday. | 这周六就满6个星期了 |
[11:22] | Donald’s been gone for three days, | 唐纳德只离开了三天而已 |
[11:24] | But it feels like forever. | 但我觉得像永远那么久 |
[11:26] | You know, it’s true what they say about marriage. | 你知道吗 关于婚姻有句俗话说的好 |
[11:27] | Mm, what’s that? | 什么 |
[11:29] | It’s a slumber party every night. | 婚后每晚都是睡衣派对 |
[11:32] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[11:33] | Did you need me to sign something? | 你需要我签收什么吗 |
[11:37] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[11:38] | I think I have the wrong house. | 我想我走错了地方 |
[11:41] | Oh. ‘kay. | 好的 |
[11:47] | Hi, Jane. | 嗨 简 |
[11:49] | Bye, Jane. | 拜 简 |
[11:55] | Want to talk about it? | 想聊聊吗 |
[11:56] | She shushed me. | 她叫我闭嘴 |
[11:58] | – What? – Kim shushed me. | -什么 -金叫我闭嘴 |
[12:02] | She wouldn’t even listen to my ideas and — | 她根本不听我的意见 |
[12:05] | – You brought in the case. – No, I don’t even care about that. | -这是你接手的案子 -我才不关心这个 |
[12:07] | I care about Charlotte. | 我只关心夏洛蒂 |
[12:09] | And now I’m just supposed to sit on my hands | 难道现在我只能袖手旁观 |
[12:11] | and let Kim muck it up? | 看着金乱来吗 |
[12:12] | I mean, how could Parker give her my case? | 帕克怎么能把我的案子给她呢 |
[12:15] | I wouldn’t take it personally. | 你别觉得他是针对你 |
[12:16] | How else am I supposed to take it? | 那我该怎么觉得 |
[12:18] | Well, I’m sure Parker’s not thinking straight. | 肯定是因为帕克脑子有点不清楚 |
[12:20] | I mean, you know how it is. | 你知道的 |
[12:20] | His — his brain is soaking in a stew of endorphins. | 他的大脑正侵泡在内啡肽里 |
[12:23] | They cloud the judgment. | 这使他失去了判断力 |
[12:26] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[12:27] | Well, I wasn’t gonna say anything before | 我本来不打算多嘴 |
[12:29] | because it wasn’t relevant, but — | 因为这些本不相关 |
[12:31] | Oh, wow, look at me. I sound like a lawyer. | 哇 我听起来像是个律师 |
[12:33] | But I should probably tell you. | 但我也许应该告诉你 |
[12:37] | Parker is in a new relationship. | 帕克有了新恋情 |
[12:39] | A relationship with whom? | 和谁 |
[12:42] | It’s possible I’ve said too much. | 我恐怕说得太多了 |
[12:51] | Son of a bitch. | 贱人 |
[12:57] | I know what you’re doing | 我知道你在做什么 |
[12:58] | – What am I doing? -You’re sleeping with Kim. | -我在做什么 -你跟金上床了 |
[13:00] | And that’s why you gave her my case. | 这就是你把我的案子给她的原因 |
[13:05] | Maybe you want to shut the door. | 也许你可以先关上门 |
[13:06] | Oh, why? Are you afraid everyone will hear the truth? | 怎么 你担心大家知道真相吗 |
[13:09] | Fine, leave it open. | 好吧 让它开着 |
[13:11] | I did not give anyone your case. | 我没有把你的案子给任何人 |
[13:13] | I simply made you second chair. | 我只是让你做了副手 |
[13:15] | Semantics. | 咬文嚼字 |
[13:16] | Before you say another word, | 在你说下句话之前 |
[13:18] | think about what you’re alleging. | 请先过过脑子 |
[13:19] | Oh, I’ve thought about it. | 我当然过过脑子 |
[13:20] | And I can even cite the code section for you if you’d like. | 如果你想听 我还可以引经据典 |
[13:23] | I have no doubt. | 我不怀疑 |
[13:27] | Bingum, this firm is my legacy. | 宾格温 这公司是我的全部家当 |
[13:31] | Do you really think I’d let my personal life | 你真的觉得我会让私生活 |
[13:33] | get in the way of my business judgment? | 影响我的职业判断力吗 |
[13:35] | I think you already have. | 我觉得你已经被影响了 |
[13:36] | Were you aware that Kim has the firm’s best record | 你知不知道我们事务所里 |
[13:38] | with employment discrimination suits? | 金是打赢就业歧视案最多的律师 |
[13:42] | I’ll take that as a “No.” | 我当你的回答是”不知道” |
[13:43] | But at least you’d acknowledge | 但你至少得承认 |
[13:45] | that I’ve previously given you cases that Kim brought in. | 我也曾经把金接手的案子交给过你 |
[13:48] | Yes, I guess that’s true, but — | 是的 没错 但是 |
[13:49] | So before you storm | 所以你下次气冲冲地 |
[13:51] | into my office again, | 冲进我的办公室前 |
[13:52] | please be kind enough to get your facts straight. | 请先搞清事实真相 |
[13:59] | Not that it matters in this case. | 算了 无所谓了 |
[14:01] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[14:01] | Judge Daniels just dismissed your suit. | 法官丹尼尔斯刚撤销了你的起诉 |
[14:04] | If you were in your office doing your job, | 如果这会儿你是在办公室乖乖工作 |
[14:06] | you’d know that. | 你应该已经知道了 |
[14:07] | It doesn’t excuse the fact — | 这都不是借口 |
[14:10] | I know where the lines are, Bingum. | 我知道怎么划清界限 宾格温 |
[14:12] | I haven’t crossed any. | 我没有越界 |
[14:14] | Have a good day. | 祝你有美好的一天 |
[14:18] | Somewhere else. | 回自己的地儿 |
[14:27] | Stacy! What are you doing here? | 史黛西 你在这里做什么 |
[14:30] | With the papers you were supposed to serve today | 还拿着你今天该送交的文件 |
[14:33] | There was a little… | 在路上… |
[14:35] | a little bump in the road. | 出了点小状况 |
[14:37] | Did you find the house? | 你找到那房子了吗 |
[14:39] | And she was there? | 她在家吗 |
[14:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:42] | I see no bump. | 我看不出有什么状况 |
[14:44] | Fred, she showed me her ring. | 弗雷德 她给我看她的婚戒 |
[14:45] | – What? – She is, like, the happiest married person in America. | -什么 -她像是全美国最开心的太太 |
[14:48] | You should have seen her little face. | 你该看看她的表情 |
[14:50] | – Stacy – No, I know what’s in this envelope. | -史黛西 -我知道信封里是什么 |
[14:52] | And I couldn’t be responsible for destroying her happiness. | 我没法去毁掉她的快乐 |
[14:55] | I am not a love assassin. | 我不是个爱情杀手 |
[14:56] | You’re just the messenger. | 你只是个信差 |
[14:58] | – You said this would be easy. – It is easy. | -你说这会很简单 -这本来就很简单 |
[15:00] | All you have to do is hand her the papers and say — | 你需要做的只是把文件给她然后说 |
[15:02] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:08] | Maybe it’s for the best. | 也许这样是最好的 |
[15:09] | I mean, age discrimination — she’s only 34. | 我是说 年龄歧视 她才34岁 |
[15:12] | It wasn’t a great case. | 几乎没有胜算 |
[15:13] | But it was my case, not Kim’s. | 但这是我的案子 不是金的 |
[15:15] | I promised Charlotte. | 我向夏洛蒂保证过 |
[15:17] | Did you know about Parker and Kim? | 你知道帕克和金的事吗 |
[15:19] | I suspected. | 我怀疑过 |
[15:21] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[15:21] | I mean, what is he doing with her? | 他到底看上她哪点 |
[15:23] | I guess he’s into dirty blondes, | 我猜他喜欢卑鄙的金发女人 |
[15:25] | emphasis on the dirty. | “卑鄙”是重点 |
[15:26] | I mean, he’s managing partner. | 他作为合伙人经理 |
[15:28] | He has an obligation | 对事务所负有责任 |
[15:29] | to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. | 任何不得体行为 都应极力避免 |
[15:32] | A boss sets a tone, and that impacts how the employees feel. | 老板的一句话 会影响所有员工的感受 |
[15:36] | And this employee feels like another round. | 但某个员工会完全觉得是另一回事 |
[15:38] | Are you in? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[15:39] | – Oh, my god. – What? | -天啊 -怎么了 |
[15:41] | Am I gonna have to hold your hair while you’re throwing up? | 难道要我在你吐时 帮你挽着头发吗 |
[15:43] | ’cause you should know I’m a sympathetic puker. | 你应该知道 看见你吐我也会吐的 |
[15:45] | No. I have an idea. | 不 我有办法了 |
[15:47] | We’re suing the boss for sexual harassment. | 我们以性骚扰为案由 起诉老板 |
[15:50] | You’re gonna sue Parker? | 你要起诉帕克吗 |
[15:51] | No. Charlotte is going to sue her boss. | 不 是夏洛蒂起诉她的老板 |
[15:54] | Forget age discrimination. | 别管什么年龄歧视了 |
[15:55] | Clasky pharmaceuticals created a hostile work environment. | 克拉斯奇医药公司营造了一种”敌意工作环境” |
[15:59] | Okay, we have to get back upstairs to the office… | 我们得回办公室去 |
[16:04] | And prepare a new filing. | 准备新的诉讼材料 |
[16:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:06] | This goes against my “Never drink and draft” Policy. | 这有违我”绝不酒后起草文件”的原则 |
[16:09] | Tonight, we’re making an exception. | 今晚例外 |
[16:16] | I don’t believe you. | 真不敢相信 |
[16:17] | You filed something with the court in my name? | 你竟然以我的名义 向法院提交诉讼材料 |
[16:19] | Well, you’re first chair, | 你是首席 |
[16:21] | So you should have thought of it first. | 是你本该早就想到 |
[16:24] | This isn’t 31 flavors. | 这不是口味测试 |
[16:26] | We don’t get to sample every cause of action | 我们不能一一列举案由 |
[16:27] | until we find one we like. | 直到我们找到合适的那个 |
[16:29] | And sexual harassment? | 性骚扰吗 |
[16:30] | How exactly do you plan to argue that? | 你打算怎么为这案由辩护 |
[16:32] | Well, in case you’ve forgotten, | 那不妨提醒你一下 |
[16:34] | There are two types of sexual harassment. | 性骚扰分为两种 |
[16:37] | There’s quid pro quo, | 一种是”交易型性骚扰” |
[16:38] | where someone gets special treatment | 比如她跟她的老板上床 |
[16:40] | for sleeping with her boss. | 从而得到特殊待遇 |
[16:41] | And then this is the second type — | 第二种是 |
[16:43] | Hostile workplace sexual harassment. | “敌意工作环境性骚扰” |
[16:46] | You heard Charlotte talk about her office. | 你听见夏洛蒂描述她办公室的环境了吗 |
[16:48] | It’s all cheerleaders d — and pageant finalists, | 同事都是啦啦队长或是入围选美决赛的美女 |
[16:51] | who are basically required to flirt and dress provocatively. | 她们被要求行为挑逗 穿着性感 让人YY |
[16:55] | So we can argue that it meets the standard | 所以我们可以提出 这种行为足以构成 |
[16:57] | of severe and pervasive harassment. | 严重且普遍深入的性骚扰 |
[16:59] | I’m not so sure. | 我不确定这行得通 |
[17:00] | Just saw the filing — hostile workplace. | 看过那个起诉书了 恶意工作环境 |
[17:03] | Brilliant move, Kaswell. And you, too, Jane. | 这招聪明 卡斯维 你也是 简 |
[17:16] | I can’t believe I let you talk me into | 不敢相信我竟然被你说服 |
[17:18] | canceling dinner with Vanessa for this. | 为了来这里 取消跟瓦内萨的晚餐 |
[17:20] | Well, I can’t believe you were gonna drop the Prescott case | 我也不敢相信 竟然都快输掉普雷斯科特的案子 |
[17:24] | without even visiting the haunted house. | 还没亲自拜访过这个鬼屋 |
[17:25] | Teri… | 泰丽 |
[17:26] | Don’t “Teri” me. | 别泰丽泰丽地鬼叫 |
[17:28] | I have lived in two haunted homes | 我曾经住过两个鬼屋 |
[17:31] | And one very poltergeist-y college dorm. | 和一间藏有爱恶作剧的鬼的大学寝室 |
[17:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[17:38] | In my haunted dorm, | 在我闹鬼的寝室里 |
[17:40] | The ghost smelled like burnt molasses. | 那鬼闻起来像焦糖 |
[17:42] | Although, that could have been my roommate. | 不过也可能是我室友的体味 |
[17:45] | what was that? | 那是什么 |
[17:46] | The floor. | 是地板 |
[17:48] | and that? | 这呢 |
[17:49] | A light bulb. They do that. | 电灯泡 用久了都这样 |
[17:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:53] | We are not leaving until we see a ghost. | 见不到鬼 我们绝不离开 |
[17:57] | I’m gonna look upstairs. | 我上楼看看 |
[18:00] | I’m going to see if I can salvage my dinner plans. | 我去看看还能否补救我的晚餐计划 |
[18:12] | Knock it off. | 少来了 |
[18:17] | Look at you. | 瞧你 |
[18:19] | Hard at work in a haunted house. | 在一间鬼屋里辛苦工作 |
[18:22] | Deb? | 黛比 |
[18:27] | Were you expecting some other girl? | 难道你期望见到别的女孩吗 |
[18:30] | But how can this — | 这怎么可能… |
[18:31] | Wanted to say hi. | 只是想打个招呼 |
[18:34] | Let you know that I’m a-okay. | 让你知道我很好 |
[18:37] | The afterlife kind of rocks. | 死后的生活还不赖 |
[18:41] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[18:43] | How am I doing? | 我怎么样 |
[18:46] | You look good. | 你看起来不错 |
[18:50] | Are you seeing anyone? | 你有跟谁约会吗 |
[18:55] | No. Of course not. | 不 当然没有 |
[18:56] | Grayson? | 格雷森 |
[18:58] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[18:59] | You were talking to the wall. | 你在跟墙讲话 |
[19:01] | Uh, yeah. No. I-I just saw… | 是的 不 我只是看见… |
[19:04] | What? | 什么 |
[19:09] | I just saw a ghost. | 我刚看见了鬼魂 |
[19:16] | We were always told that Clasky wasn’t just a job, | 他们一直宣称 在克拉斯奇不只是为了工作 |
[19:19] | it was a lifestyle. | 它还是一种生活方式 |
[19:21] | But after my girls were born, | 但在我女儿出生后 |
[19:24] | my lifestyle changed. | 我的生活方式改变了 |
[19:27] | I-I cut back on the outside socializing | 我减少了社交活动 |
[19:29] | And started dressing my age. | 开始穿我这个年龄的衣服 |
[19:35] | And what happened? | 然后呢 |
[19:36] | Well, it started with nasty looks, | 刚开始是遭受白眼 |
[19:39] | rude comments from management. | 上级对我粗鲁批评 |
[19:42] | Then they pulled me off the road, gave me a headset, | 后来他们降我的职 给我副耳机 |
[19:45] | And stuck me on a desk in the annex. | 将我安排在配楼做文案 |
[19:48] | What type of drugs does Clasky pharmaceuticals produce? | 克拉斯奇医药公司生产何种药品 |
[19:50] | Primarily heart medications. | 主要是治疗心脏疾病的药物 |
[19:52] | Is it true that 9 out of 10 cardiologists are men? | 心脏科医师是否九成都为男性 |
[19:54] | Yes. That’s why they hire female sales reps | 是的 所以他们才雇女性作销售代表 |
[19:58] | who appeal to those men. | 好吸引这些男人 |
[20:01] | Management calls us their “Bond girls.” | 上头称我们为”邦德女郎” |
[20:09] | Uh, your honor, is it all right | 法官大人 我可以 |
[20:10] | if I head off to my co-counsel | 让副手来继续吗 |
[20:12] | before her head explodes? | 趁她的头还没急爆 |
[20:15] | By all means. | 当然可以 |
[20:19] | So, this is your company handbook. | 这是你们公司的手册 |
[20:21] | Could you please read e highlighted portion? | 你能读下标记的部分吗 |
[20:25] | “Skirts shall be no longer than an inch above the knee.” | “裙子不得长于膝盖上方1英寸 |
[20:29] | Heels shall be at least three inches.” | 鞋跟至少3英寸” |
[20:32] | Charlotte, why did you decide to file this suit? | 夏洛蒂 你为什么要起诉公司呢 |
[20:34] | Because I’m good at my job. | 因为我对自己的工作很在行 |
[20:37] | I understand these drugs. | 我熟知这些药品 |
[20:38] | I know how to sell them. | 我知道如何销售它们 |
[20:41] | I just don’t want to do it with my cleavage. | 我只是不想靠秀乳沟去做成买卖 |
[20:47] | Ms. Perkins, you understand that your lawyers are arguing | 佩琴女士 你知道你的律师控告 |
[20:51] | that your work environment was hostile, right? | 你的工作环境存在恶意性骚扰 对吧 |
[20:54] | Yes. | 没错 |
[20:54] | Have you ever been subject to | 在被克拉斯奇雇佣期间 |
[20:56] | unwanted sexual advances while employed by Clasky? | 你有无遭受过非自愿的性要求 |
[20:59] | No. | 没有 |
[21:00] | Has pornography ever been on display at the office? | 办公室里有出现过色情读物吗 |
[21:02] | No. | 没有 |
[21:04] | Have you ever had to endure crude or vulgar jokes? | 你有没有被迫忍受过粗俗下流的笑话 |
[21:06] | No. The harassment was more subtle than that. | 没有 是比那些更微妙的性骚扰 |
[21:09] | So subtle, it didn’t exist. | 太微妙了 以至于根本不存在 |
[21:22] | Molly hobbs? | 莫莉·霍布斯 |
[21:23] | – You’re early. – I am? | -你来的真早 -是吗 |
[21:25] | You’re by yourself? | 你一个人来的 |
[21:27] | Um…Yeah. | 呃 是呀 |
[21:29] | Well, you must be stronger than you look. | 你肯定比看上去要强壮 |
[21:30] | Um, I cleared a wall for you. | 我为你腾出了一堵墙 |
[21:32] | And I really want it to be a surprise, | 我真的想把这做成一个惊喜 |
[21:34] | so I’m hopg you can install it quickly. | 所以希望你赶紧安装好 |
[21:36] | What am I installing? | 安装什么 |
[21:39] | The 60-inch plasma TV. | 60英寸等离子电视 |
[21:41] | It’s a — a gift for my husband. | 我送给老公的礼物 |
[21:44] | You bought your husband | 你给你老公买了台 |
[21:45] | a 60-inch, high-definition flat-screen? | 60英寸高清纯平电视 |
[21:48] | I know he really wanted one, so what the hell. | 是有点奢侈 但他真的想要 所以管它呢 |
[21:51] | I pulled a couple of extra shifts. | 我多加了几次班 |
[21:53] | He’s gonna love it, right? | 他会喜欢的 对吧 |
[21:55] | So, where is it, in the truck? | 那么电视在哪呢 在卡车里吗 |
[21:59] | Um…Yeah. | 嗯 是的 |
[22:01] | Let me — let me just go make sure I’ve got the right one. | 让我确认下我拿的货是否正确 |
[22:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:09] | My favorite restaurant in the city? | 这座城里我最爱的餐厅 |
[22:10] | Mm, Lawry’s. | 当然是”劳瑞斯” |
[22:13] | And why do I need to know that? | 为何我要知道这些 |
[22:14] | Because you’re gonna want to buy me dinner. | 因为等下你肯定想请我吃饭 |
[22:16] | Look at what I found. | 看我发现了什么 |
[22:19] | Spookymaps.Net? | 鬼屋地图网站 |
[22:21] | It’s a website that catalogs southern california haunted houses. | 一个罗列南加州鬼屋的网站 |
[22:24] | The prescotts’ house is on a haunted-house registry? | 普雷斯科特家的房子在鬼屋列表里吗 |
[22:27] | And it has been for years. | 上榜很多年了 |
[22:29] | And according to Stambovsky VS. Ackley, | 根据斯塔姆·波乌斯基对阿克利的案子 |
[22:31] | A 1991 new york supreme court decision, | 1911年纽约最高法院裁决 |
[22:33] | Non-disclosure of a house’s reputation for being haunted — | 在未告知房屋闹鬼的情况下 |
[22:36] | entitles the buyer to a refund. | 购房者有权要求退还房款 |
[22:39] | You know your ghost law. | 你很了解关于鬼神这套嘛 |
[22:40] | Eh, it’s kind of my thing. | 这是我的专长 |
[22:45] | Your clients want the purchase agreement voided. | 你的客户希望购买协议作废 |
[22:48] | On what grounds? | 依据是什么 |
[22:49] | You’re gonna love this. | 理由简直荒唐至极 |
[22:50] | The house in question is reputed to be possessed by poltergeists. | 房子闹鬼的名声在外 |
[22:54] | That last part again, counselor? | 还是这烂理由吗 辩方律师 |
[22:56] | Ghosts, your honor. | 确实闹鬼 法官大人 |
[22:57] | And the bank knew it… or should have. | 银行早就知道的 或者本该知道的 |
[22:59] | Here’s the part where we ask that you dismiss this case, | 我方请求法庭签发禁诉令 |
[23:02] | with prejudice, and award sanctions. | 若对方违令 则赔偿我方损失 |
[23:04] | These are reprints from a website spookymaps.Net. | 这些是从鬼屋地图网站上打印下来的 |
[23:09] | Note that the prescotts’ house has been listed since 2004, | 注意普雷斯科特的房子自2004年就榜上有名 |
[23:12] | which means that either the bank knew it and failed to disclose, | 这意味着 要么银行原本知道却未告知 |
[23:15] | which is fraudulent misrepresentation, | 这是有欺诈成分的失实陈述 |
[23:17] | or should have known about it, | 要么银行本应该知道 |
[23:18] | in which case it’s negligence. | 在本案中这是疏忽之过 |
[23:20] | There’s a third option. | 还有第三种选择 |
[23:22] | My client didn’t know the house was listed | 我的客户根本不知道房子被列入 |
[23:24] | on some crackpot website and shouldn’t be expected to, | 什么古怪的网站 而且也不应该知道 |
[23:27] | because unlike opposing counsel, | 因为不像控方律师 |
[23:30] | they have better things to do with their time | 他们的时间需要用来做更有意义的事 |
[23:32] | than go googling for ghosts! | 而不是去谷歌什么鬼屋 |
[23:35] | I’m inclined to agree. | 我赞成 |
[23:38] | Do you have any other evidence, counselor? | 你还有其他的证据吗 控方律师 |
[23:39] | Yes. | 有 |
[23:44] | I saw one. | 我亲眼见到一个鬼 |
[23:50] | You saw one what? | 你看到了一个什么 |
[23:53] | A ghost in the house. | 屋里的鬼魂 |
[23:59] | Case dismissed. | 案件撤销 |
[24:01] | Mr. Kent, seek help. | 肯特先生 去看医生 |
[24:06] | * you make me believe in something better* | *你使我相信事情会更美好* |
[24:12] | Well…That’s done. | 好了 搞定 |
[24:15] | You gave her the papers? | 你把文件给她了 |
[24:16] | How did it go? Tell me everything. | 结果如何 快告诉我 |
[24:19] | I-it was, uh… | 结果是 |
[24:21] | I-I-I-it was a — it was a piece of — | 结果是 |
[24:23] | Was it awful? | 是不是很糟糕 |
[24:24] | Was Mrs. Hobbs devastated? | 霍布斯太太是不是崩溃了 |
[24:25] | Did she collapse onto the floor | 她有没有晕倒在地上 |
[24:26] | from the weight of her broken heart? | 因为心痛欲绝 |
[24:27] | Did tears well up in her eyes? | 她是不是泪凝满眶 |
[24:28] | No! Stop! I couldn’t do it either. | 不是 打住 我也没法给她 |
[24:31] | Ah-ha! I knew it! | 啊哈 我就知道 |
[24:32] | She bought him a 60-inch, flat-screen tv | 她给他买了一台60英寸纯平电视 |
[24:36] | just for being him. | 就因为他想要 |
[24:39] | She loves him. | 她爱他 |
[24:40] | Kim is gonna kill me. | 金会杀了我的 |
[24:43] | I will speak at your funeral. | 我会在你葬礼上致词的 |
[24:59] | What am I doing? | 我在干什么 |
[25:01] | Couldn’t stay away, huh? | 舍不得离开 是吗 |
[25:06] | Deb. | 黛比 |
[25:07] | You know, I think I’ve stopped aging. | 你知道 我想我不会再衰老 |
[25:09] | And my skin is glowing. | 我会一直容光焕发 |
[25:13] | That was a joke. | 开玩笑呢 |
[25:17] | What’s wrong, Grayson? | 怎么了 格雷森 |
[25:22] | Deb, I never lied to you before. | 黛比 我以前从没对你撒过谎 |
[25:26] | I don’t want to start now. | 所以也不想现在开始骗你 |
[25:33] | You asked me if I was seeing anyone. | 你问我是否在和某人约会 |
[25:37] | I am. | 是的 |
[25:41] | Yeah. I had a feeling. | 是呀 我能感觉到 |
[26:03] | – Hey. – Vanessa. What are you — | -嘿 -瓦内萨 你怎么 |
[26:05] | Teri told me you were here. | 泰丽告诉我你在这里 |
[26:09] | I, uh, heard about your day in court. | 今天法庭上的事我听说了 |
[26:12] | Well, actually, everyone did. | 实际上 每个人都听说了 |
[26:15] | Yeah, tell a judge that you see dead people, | 是呀 告诉法官你见到鬼魂 |
[26:18] | watch how fast word travels. | 好事不出门 怪事传千里 |
[26:21] | So… | 那么 |
[26:23] | Tell me about your ghost. | 和我说说你见到的鬼吧 |
[26:25] | – It’s okay. You don’t have to humor me. – Grayson. | -没什么 不用安慰我 -格雷森 |
[26:33] | She was, uh… | 她是… |
[26:35] | A young woman. | 一个年轻女子 |
[26:38] | She stood right about where you are now. | 她就站在你现在的位置 |
[26:41] | Right here? | 就站在这儿 |
[26:42] | She disappeared, then I saw that. | 她不见了 然后我就看到那个 |
[26:46] | It looks like…a face. | 这看上去像是张脸 |
[26:52] | Hey, are you sure that your clients aren’t moving back here? | 嘿 你确信你的客户不会搬回这里 |
[26:55] | Absolutely. | 肯定不会 |
[26:57] | Well, in that case… | 好 既然那样 |
[27:09] | Whoa. Uh, what are you doing? | 哦 你在做什么 |
[27:26] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[27:29] | See that? Right there? | 看到没 就是这个 |
[27:31] | Toxic mold. | 毒霉菌 |
[27:33] | My brother buys old houses. | 我兄弟做旧房买卖生意 |
[27:35] | Taught me all about this stuff. | 他告诉过我所有相关的事 |
[27:37] | Um, it grows behind walls, | 它生长在墙壁背面 |
[27:40] | interferes with the structure of the house, the electrical system | 影响房子的结构和电气系统 |
[27:43] | Flickering lights. | 忽隐忽现的闪灯 |
[27:44] | Creaky floorboards, peeling wallpaper. | 嘎吱作响的地板 逐渐剥落的壁纸 |
[27:46] | And get this — | 而且人一旦接触到 |
[27:48] | exposure is also known to cause hallucinations. | 空气中弥散的毒气 还会引起幻觉 |
[27:53] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:00] | Hallucinations. | 幻觉 |
[28:06] | Looks like your clients may have found some new grounds. | 看起来你的客户有新的诉讼理由了 |
[28:15] | Where is the depo transcript? | 存款记录在哪里 |
[28:25] | How’s it going, team? | 进展如何 伙伴们 |
[28:26] | – Awesome. – Super. | -好极了 -超赞 |
[28:27] | You want some dinner? | 一起吃晚餐吗 |
[28:29] | – Too busy. – No, thanks. | -太忙了 -不用了 谢谢 |
[28:30] | All right, then. Back at it. | 那好吧 我一会儿再来 |
[28:36] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:37] | What? What? I didn’t say anything. | 什么怎么了 我什么都没说 |
[28:39] | You looked like you wanted to. | 你看上去像有话想说 |
[28:41] | Maybe I always look like this. | 可能我看上去总是这样 |
[28:44] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[28:49] | So, when Parker offered dinner, | 那么 当帕克说要请吃晚饭 |
[28:51] | was that offer for both of us or just for you? | 是想请我们两个人 还只是想请你 |
[28:54] | – That’s it. – What? | -够了 -什么 |
[28:55] | – What did I say? – I’m dating Parker. | -我刚才说了什么 -我在和帕克约会 |
[28:57] | Get over it. | 满意了吧 |
[28:58] | I’m sick of your passive-aggressive comments. | 我受够了你的被动攻击性意见了 |
[28:59] | What comments? I haven’t said anything. | 什么意见 我什么也没说 |
[29:01] | Oh, please, every time you speak, | 噢 得了吧 每次你说话 |
[29:03] | I can hear that tone in your voice. | 我都能听出你语气中的挖苦 |
[29:05] | And the way you’ve been looking at me | 还有你看着我的眼神 |
[29:06] | ever since I got this case? | 自从我接到了这件案子 |
[29:08] | Go ahead. Say it. | 继续啊 说吧 |
[29:09] | You think I’m sleeping my way through the firm. | 你以为我靠睡遍事务所的男人上位的吗 |
[29:11] | Okay. I think | 好吧 我觉得 |
[29:12] | you’re sleeping your way through the firm. | 你靠睡遍事务所的男人上位 |
[29:13] | I can’t believe you just said that. | 不敢相信你居然真这样说 |
[29:15] | Really? First Grayson and now Parker. | 是吗 一开始是格雷森 现在是帕克 |
[29:18] | I mean, who’s next, | 下一个是谁 |
[29:18] | Carl with the sideburns in payroll? | 工资单上那个有鬓角的卡尔 |
[29:21] | I’ve dated two men in the last year. | 去年我是和两个男人相处过 |
[29:24] | And, yes, they both happen to work here. | 没错 他们都在这里工作 |
[29:26] | Do you know why? Because this is where my life is. | 知道为什么吗 因为我全部的生活都在这里 |
[29:28] | You of all people should understand that. | 所有人里你是最该理解的 |
[29:30] | Date any lawyers lately? | 最近没和什么律师约会吗 |
[29:33] | Yeah. I didn’t work for Tony. | 没错 可我不是托尼的手下 |
[29:36] | So I wasn’t sleeping with him to get ahead. | 所以我没有为了升职和他上床 |
[29:38] | I was sleeping with him for fun. | 我和他上床完全是情之所至 |
[29:41] | I’m not dating Parker to get ahead. | 我也没有为了升职才和帕克约会 |
[29:43] | And for the record, I really liked Grayson at the time, | 还有我郑重声明 我那时是真的很喜欢格雷森 |
[29:46] | But he’s still in love with that dead girlfriend of his. | 但是他仍然爱着死去的女友 |
[29:48] | I couldn’t compete. | 我无法取代她的位置 |
[29:49] | Anything else you’d like to know about my personal life, | 如果你还想了解些我的私人生活信息 |
[29:52] | Send me an e-mail. | 给我发邮件好了 |
[29:53] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[30:02] | Mr. Clasky, do I have this right? | 克拉斯奇先生 我这样理解对吗 |
[30:03] | You admit to recruiting cheerleaders to fill out your workforce? | 你承认聘用拉拉队长做你的员工 |
[30:07] | Yes, “Businessweek,” Sales journals, | 是的 《商业周刊》 各种销售期刊 |
[30:10] | They’ve all published studies | 都发表过研究报告 |
[30:11] | that show cheerleaders and other athletes | 表明拉拉队长和其他运动员 |
[30:13] | do better in business than their counterparts. | 在销售方面比其他同龄人做的更好 |
[30:15] | It’s all about focus and commitment. | 这是因为他们的专注和奉献精神 |
[30:20] | Your witness. | 换你问了 |
[30:23] | Why did you demote my client? | 为何将我的客户降职 |
[30:25] | Her performance hadn’t declined. | 她的业绩并没有下滑 |
[30:27] | Oh, I knew it would. | 迟早的事 |
[30:29] | Are you psychic? | 你是巫师吗 |
[30:30] | No, I’ve just been doing my job for the past two decades. | 不是 只是我过去20年都在做这份工作 |
[30:33] | I knew when Charlotte stopped attending | 我知道当夏洛蒂不再参加 |
[30:36] | the weekly social functions, | 每周的公共集会 |
[30:38] | let her gym membership lapse, | 健身俱乐部的会员卡失效 |
[30:39] | started dressing more like a… | 最近开始穿的像个 |
[30:43] | A mom? | 妈妈 |
[30:45] | Less sexy. | 没什么吸引力 |
[30:47] | Once people opt out of the Clasky lifestyle, | 一旦人们选择背离克拉斯奇的生活方式 |
[30:50] | their numbers start going down. | 他们的业绩就开始下滑了 |
[30:53] | And maybe not right away, but eventually. | 可能不是立刻下滑 但最终会的 |
[30:55] | So you believe that dressing sexy | 所以你认为穿着性感 |
[30:57] | is a bona fide occupational requirement? | 是出于善意的职业需求 |
[30:59] | Absolutely. | 当然是 |
[31:00] | And there’s nothing wrong with hiring matchmakers | 雇主做的没什么不妥 |
[31:02] | to coach your staff on seduction techniques? | 为了培训员工的媚惑功夫吗 |
[31:04] | My business strategy is legitimate. | 我的经营策略完全合法 |
[31:07] | And any reasonable person would agree. | 而且 任何正常人都会赞同 |
[31:14] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[31:19] | Are we ready for summation? | 准备好总结呈词了吗 |
[31:21] | – Yes, your honor. – Not yet, your honor. | -是 法官大人 -没 法官大人 |
[31:22] | – What? – We have to call another witness. | -什么 -我们得传召另一个证人 |
[31:24] | Who? | 谁 |
[31:26] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[31:27] | That is not an acceptable answer. | 这可不是个能被接受的回答 |
[31:28] | Kim, we are losing this case, | 金 这个案子 我们要败了 |
[31:30] | and Charlotte is about to get nothing. | 而夏洛蒂就要一无所获了 |
[31:32] | Counselors, we’re waiting. | 律师 我们还等着呢 |
[31:35] | Uh, we have a rebuttal witness. | 我们有位辩驳证人 |
[31:38] | Who? | 是谁 |
[31:48] | Her. Uh, Miss? | 她 嗯 小姐 |
[31:50] | You with the Sandwich. | 在吃三明治的那位 |
[31:51] | Hi. Could you please give your name to the court? | 你好 请告诉法庭你的名字好吗 |
[31:54] | Um…Laura Curtis. | 嗯 劳拉·柯蒂斯 |
[31:57] | And — and what do you do for a living, Laura? | 你以何职业为生 劳拉 |
[31:59] | Executive assistant. | 行政助理 |
[32:01] | I’m on my lunch break. | 现在是我的午餐休息时间 |
[32:04] | It was too hot to eat outside. | 在外面吃太热了 |
[32:06] | – That’s perfect. – How is that perfect? | -好极了 -好什么好 |
[32:08] | – Your honor! – Sidebar. | -法官大人 -过来私谈 |
[32:12] | This is nuts. She’s not on the witness list. | 这太离谱了 她并不在证人名单上 |
[32:15] | This is a stall tactic. | 这是拖延策略 |
[32:16] | Mr. Clasky said that any reasonable person | 克拉斯奇先生说过 任何正常人 |
[32:19] | would agree with his business strategy. | 都会赞同他的经营策略 |
[32:20] | But according to the 9th circuit… | 但是根据第九联邦巡回上诉法院 |
[32:22] | The proper standard for hostile-workplace claims | 敌意工作环境诉求的标准是 |
[32:24] | is what a reasonable woman finds offensive. | 正常”女性”认为被冒犯 |
[32:26] | Not person, woman. | 不是泛指人 而是女性 |
[32:27] | Ms. Curtis has a reasonable job, | 柯蒂斯女士有份体面的工作 |
[32:29] | she’s wearing reasonable clothes, | 穿着体面的衣服 |
[32:31] | and she came out of the heat, a reasonable thing to do. | 并躲避酷热 正常不过的行为 |
[32:34] | She is our average, reasonable woman. | 她就是我们所指的 普通正常的女性 |
[32:36] | Your honor, you have to agree this is absurd. | 法官大人 你不觉得这很荒唐吗 |
[32:39] | Actually, I don’t. | 事实上 我不认为 |
[32:40] | It sounds reasonable to me. | 在我听来 很在理 |
[32:45] | Proceed. | 继续 |
[32:46] | Ms. Curtis, | 柯蒂斯女士 |
[32:47] | do you think going to the gym | 你是否认为 去健身房锻炼 |
[32:49] | is a reasonable job requirement? | 是项合理的工作要求 |
[32:52] | Not unless you’re a laker. | 不合理 除非你是健身房的托 |
[32:54] | What about dressing provocatively? | 那么穿着暴露挑逗呢 |
[32:57] | Maybe if you’re a stripper. | 对脱衣舞娘而言 就不是问题 |
[33:00] | Would you feel comfortable | 你是否会觉得自在 |
[33:01] | if your boss made you flirt with clients? | 倘若你的老板让你和客户打情骂俏 |
[33:04] | Um, no. | 呃 不自在 |
[33:06] | It would be…awkward… | 我会觉得 尴尬 |
[33:09] | Embarrassing. | 难堪 |
[33:10] | – Would you call it hostile? – Of course. | -你会认为这是怀有敌意吗 -当然会 |
[33:19] | I found Stachybotrys chartarum, | 我找到了葡萄穗霉菌 |
[33:20] | commonly known as toxic black mold. | 通俗地说就是有毒黑霉菌 |
[33:22] | I’d say the colony’s been present for over a year | 我敢说那个菌落存在已超过一年 |
[33:24] | and still growing. | 并依然在长 |
[33:25] | How could the bank miss this? | 银行怎么会没发现 |
[33:26] | Easy. They never checked. | 很简单 他们从不检查 |
[33:28] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[33:30] | Well, I’ve been through the documentation. | 我检查了全部档案文件 |
[33:31] | There’s an electrical report, a seismic, a structural, | 有电路报告 地震报告 结构报告 |
[33:34] | but no environmental. | 但是没有环境报告 |
[33:36] | It’s not uncommon during foreclosure sales | 这在没收抵押品拍卖中并不罕见 |
[33:38] | when banks are trying to save a few bucks. | 银行想省钱 |
[33:40] | Thanks for your time. | 多谢费心 |
[33:45] | Ronnie’s ready to testify, | 罗尼斯准备好出庭作证了 |
[33:47] | and I have to say, I find him very credible. | 我得说 我觉得他很有说服力 |
[33:50] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[33:51] | I think we at Southwestern Mutual | 我想 我们西南共同基金认为 |
[33:54] | see no reason to return to court. | 没必要回法庭打官司 |
[33:58] | I’m sure your clients will find | 我确信 你的客户会发现 |
[34:00] | this to be more than generous. | 我们的和解提议非常大方 |
[34:01] | Not enough. | 不够 |
[34:04] | You didn’t even look at it. | 你看都没看 |
[34:05] | Not enough. | 不够 |
[34:12] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:22] | I believe we have a deal. | 看来我们成交了 |
[34:33] | So, thanks again for coming in. | 再次感谢你的到来 |
[34:35] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[34:37] | So, hey, I was wondering… | 嗨 我在想 |
[34:39] | how quickly does toxic mold affect people? | 有毒霉菌要多久能影响到人们健康 |
[34:43] | I mean, | 我的意思是 |
[34:44] | could someone walk into a house with mold | 是否可能 一个人走进有霉菌的房子 |
[34:45] | and just have a hallucination right there on the spot? | 就会当场产生幻觉 |
[34:51] | Some people are more sensitive. | 有的人确实更加敏感 |
[34:54] | Usually takes weeks or months of exposure. | 但通常需要接触几周或几个月的时间 |
[34:56] | That long? | 要那么久吗 |
[34:58] | ‘course anything’s possible, right? | 当然 凡事都有例外 不是吗 |
[35:07] | What’s the deal with Molly Hobbs? | 莫莉·霍布斯的条件是什么 |
[35:09] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[35:10] | I should have heard from her attorney right after she got served. | 文件送达她后 她的律师本该联系我的 |
[35:12] | – I don’t get it. – That is odd. | -但对方还没联系我 -是很奇怪啊 |
[35:15] | Well, the client’s coming in today. | 委托人今天过来 |
[35:17] | Confirm with the process server that everything went smoothly. | 和文件送达人员确认 一切进展顺利 |
[35:29] | Ms. Bingum. | 宾格温女士 |
[35:30] | Ms. Bingum. | 宾格温女士 |
[35:31] | That was, uh, some maneuver this morning. | 你们今早耍了点小计谋啊 |
[35:34] | It worked. | 但起效了 |
[35:35] | I know that. I saw how the jury reacted. | 我知道 我看到陪审团的反应了 |
[35:38] | We have an offer. | 我们有一个提议 |
[35:40] | Your old job and back pay. | 恢复你原来的工作 并补足欠薪 |
[35:43] | Her old job, back pay, | 她原来的工作 补足欠薪 |
[35:44] | and a settlement large enough | 以及一个赔偿协议 大得足以 |
[35:46] | to let people know that internal policy is going to change. | 让大家明白 公司内部政策将做调整 |
[35:49] | And how big of a settlement is that? | 那个赔偿协议要多大 |
[35:51] | I don’t know. Charlotte, what are you thinking? | 我不知道 夏洛蒂 你怎么想 |
[35:53] | I’m thinking stock options. | 我在考虑股票期权 |
[35:56] | Lots of stock options. | 很多很多股票期权 |
[36:07] | Donald Hobbs here to see Kim Kaswell. | 唐纳德·霍布斯前来会见金·卡斯维 |
[36:10] | Uh, Mr. Hobbs? | 霍布斯先生吗 |
[36:12] | Hi. | 你好 |
[36:13] | I’m Ms. Kaswell’s asistant. | 我是卡斯维女士的助理 |
[36:15] | How was your business trip? | 你的商务旅行如何 |
[36:16] | Between us, I didn’t go anywhere. | 你知我知 我哪儿也没去 |
[36:19] | I’ve been crashing on my buddy’s couch. | 我一直挤在哥们儿家沙发上 |
[36:21] | Molly has no idea I’m meeting a lawyer. | 莫莉不知道我找了律师 |
[36:23] | You don’t say. That’s — | 原来如此 那… |
[36:26] | – Hey, uh, can I ask you something? – Yeah. | -嗨 我能问你个事吗 -当然 |
[36:30] | Why would you get divorced after only six weeks? | 为何你刚结婚六周 就要离婚 |
[36:35] | I thought I was ready — | 我以为我准备好了 |
[36:37] | A wife, a mortgage, someday kids. | 娶了老婆 贷款买房 将来再要个孩子 |
[36:40] | But as soon as it became real, | 但是当一切变成现实 |
[36:42] | I knew I’d made a huge mistake. | 我意识到我大错特错了 |
[36:44] | I’d wake up in the morning, and I couldn’t breathe. | 我清晨醒来 感到窒息 |
[36:47] | There’s — there’s a reason | 总有个原因吧 |
[36:48] | that you asked Molly to marry you in the first place, right? | 当初你请求莫莉嫁给你时 对吗 |
[36:53] | I guess. | 我想有吧 |
[36:54] | Yeah. I-I think it’s this. | 是呀 我 我想是这个原因 |
[36:57] | You know that you only get one chance in life. | 你知道一生中只有一次机会 |
[37:00] | And you want to spend it with someone | 你想与她共渡一生 |
[37:03] | you can’t wait to come home to, | 一个让你迫不及待想要回家的人 |
[37:06] | someone who makes your heart race | 一个让你心跳加速的人 |
[37:08] | Whenever she enters the room in her fuzzy bunny slippers, | 无论何时 当她穿着兔儿毛绒拖鞋进屋 |
[37:12] | you know, someone who, | 你懂的 那样一个人 |
[37:14] | even when she’s yelling at you | 即使她因为你用《型时代》当杯垫 |
[37:18] | for using her “Instyle” magazine as a coaster, | 而冲你吼 |
[37:19] | still makes you feel like | 仍让你觉得 |
[37:20] | she’s the reason you’re here on earth. | 她是你活在这个世界的理由 |
[37:27] | That was…some speech. | 这可… 真是情真意切 |
[37:31] | So, this perfect woman… | 那么 这个完美女人 |
[37:33] | – Yeah? – You know where I can meet her? | -什么 -你知道我在哪里能见到她吗 |
[37:35] | If your boss does her job right, | 要是你的老板做好她的工作 |
[37:37] | I’ll be single by the end of the week. | 我就会在这周末前恢复单身 |
[37:41] | Excuse me, um… | 失陪了 |
[37:43] | I have to make a delivery. | 我得去送点东西 |
[37:49] | Dinner? I’m thinking japanese. | 一起晚餐怎样 我想吃日本菜 |
[37:53] | I need you to be honest with me. | 我需要你老实告诉我 |
[37:56] | Did you give me this case | 你是否因为我们上床 |
[37:57] | because we’re sleeping together? | 才将这案子给我的 |
[37:58] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[37:59] | You heard me. | 你听到我说的了 |
[38:00] | No. | 不是 |
[38:02] | Of course I didn’t. | 当然不是 |
[38:03] | Because if you did, we’re done. | 要是你真的那么做了 我俩就玩完了 |
[38:05] | I don’t need Jane Bingum or anyone else | 我不想简·宾格温或其他人 |
[38:07] | thinking I’m getting special treatment because of this. | 觉得我因此而享受特殊待遇 |
[38:09] | Oh, come on. You too? | 噢 行了 你怎么也这么想 |
[38:12] | That’s not the way I run my — | 我不是这样管理我的… |
[38:15] | I’m not the kind of boss — | 我不是那种老板… |
[38:16] | It doesn’t look like you’re getting special treatment. | 你看着也不像享受特殊待遇的样子 |
[38:18] | Parker. | 帕克 |
[38:22] | Okay. I guess… | 好吧 我估计 |
[38:24] | Maybe it does. | 或许 有点 |
[38:27] | How did I not see it? | 我怎么自己都没发觉 |
[38:29] | It happens. | 当局者迷 |
[38:31] | Well, to make sure it doesn’t happen again, | 那么 为了确保下不为例 |
[38:33] | starting immediately, I’m going to remove myself | 从现在开始 我将不再参与 |
[38:36] | from all discussions of your assignments, | 任何涉及你工作安排 薪水 |
[38:38] | compensation, and partnership tracking. | 以及合伙人培养计划的讨论 |
[38:43] | How’s that sound? | 听起来如何 |
[38:45] | Like the most romantic thing anyone’s ever said to me. | 可能是我听过的 最浪漫的话 |
[38:59] | You again? | 又是你吗 |
[39:01] | Mrs. Hobbs, this isn’t gonna be easy, but — | 霍布斯太太 这不太容易 但是 |
[39:05] | Just give me the papers. | 给我文件就好了 |
[39:06] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[39:08] | You’re here to serve me with divorce papers, right? | 你是来给我送离婚文件的 对吧 |
[39:11] | On with it. | 准备好了 |
[39:12] | Wait. How did you — | 慢着 你怎么 |
[39:13] | I’ve known the whole time. | 我一直都知道 |
[39:15] | So, the whole thing about the big-screen TV… | 就是说 关于大屏幕电视的整件事 |
[39:18] | My husband is a jackass. | 我丈夫是个混蛋 |
[39:20] | And, you know, he doesn’t deserve me. | 你知道 他配不上我 |
[39:23] | So I’ve been trying to make this | 所以我一直努力把此事 |
[39:24] | as difficult on him as possible. | 搞得让他越头大越好 |
[39:29] | Molly Hobbs, you’re gonna be all right. | 莫莉·霍布斯 你会没事的 |
[39:42] | Well… | 那个 |
[39:44] | She has been served. | 文件已近送达 |
[39:46] | Oh, my god. How was it? | 老天 情况如何 |
[39:50] | Easier than you’d think. | 比你想的容易 |
[39:54] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[39:56] | Oh, I don’t deserve that. | 噢 我不该得这笔钱 |
[39:59] | No, no, no. I-I hired you. | 不 不 我雇了你 |
[40:02] | And besides, the check is made out in your name. | 再说 支票是开给你的 |
[40:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:07] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢了 |
[40:09] | $150 is going straight to the credit-card company. | 150美元直接进信用卡公司的口袋 |
[40:15] | And the rest? | 剩下的呢 |
[40:16] | Mm, just enough for dinner. | 嗯 只够晚饭了 |
[40:20] | Well… | 那么 |
[40:22] | Enjoy. | 好好享受 |
[40:23] | What? No. I meant with you. | 什么 不 我是说和你一起 |
[40:28] | Did you just invite me to dinner? | 你是要请我一起吃晚餐吗 |
[40:32] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[40:34] | As long as we don’t spend more than $25. | 只要我们花费别超过25美元 |
[40:42] | Congratulations on your big win. | 恭喜你们大获全胜 |
[40:45] | I was only second chair. | 我只是副手 |
[40:48] | Maybe, but calling the average, reasonable woman? | 或许 不过传召普通正常女性那招 |
[40:52] | That was genius. | 太天才了 |
[40:54] | Everyone in the courthouse is talking about you. | 法院的人都在谈论你 |
[40:56] | Well, when they are not talking about you. | 那是因为你没在场 否则哪轮到我 |
[41:00] | Right. | 好吧 |
[41:03] | See, you impress people. | 瞧 大家对你称赞有加 |
[41:06] | I get mocked. | 而我却是被取笑的对象 |
[41:07] | You still won. | 你还是赢了啊 |
[41:09] | And Teri said you were awesome, by the way. | 顺便提一句 泰丽说你棒极了 |
[41:13] | So… what about this ghost? | 那么 鬼魂是怎么回事 |
[41:17] | Ah. You’re gonna think I’m crazy. | 啊 你一定会认为我疯了 |
[41:19] | Never. | 不会 |
[41:22] | It was Deb. | 我看到黛比了 |
[41:26] | You’re laughing. | 你在笑我 |
[41:28] | – See? You do think I’m crazy. – No. | -看 你果然认为我疯了 -没有 |
[41:29] | I just — I don’t know what you saw. | 我就是 我不知道你到底看到了什么 |
[41:33] | I wasn’t there. | 我不在现场[“我”既指简 也指黛比=.=] |
[41:37] | I do know that the brain can play tricks on you. | 不过我知道大脑能欺骗你的感觉 |
[41:42] | And sometimes you just see what you want to see. | 有时你看到的 只是你想看的 |
[41:46] | Yeah, you’re probably right. | 是啊 或许你是对的 |
[41:48] | It was wishful thinking. | 那只是心中所愿罢了 |
[41:50] | There’s nothing wrong with that. | 那样想没有什么不对的 |
[41:51] | I don’t know why Deb | 我就是不明白为何黛比 |
[41:51] | would be hanging around some moldy house anyway. | 会愿意流连于长满霉菌的房子 |
[41:53] | Right. | 说得对 |
[41:54] | Unless she got lost on the way to Bloomies. | 除非她是在去布鲁明戴尔百货店的路上迷路了 |
[41:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[41:59] | Well, if I believed in ghosts — | 要是我真的相信有鬼魂 |
[42:03] | and I’m not saying I do — | 倒不是说我真的信 |
[42:04] | I’d like to think Deb would have found a way | 我愿意认为 黛比会以某种方式 |
[42:07] | to stay close to me. | 留在我身边 |
[42:11] | Yeah, it’d be nice to think so. | 是呀 这想法很感人 |