时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me – Deb – | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:05] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂的 |
[00:09] | But there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who | 而唯一知道 |
[00:22] | really know what’s going on with me | 真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend Stacy | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 |
[00:24] | and my guardian angel, Fred. | 还有我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | …And, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:38] | Good morning. Who wants breakfast? | 早上好啊 谁想吃早餐啦 |
[00:41] | Get my dry cleaning, | 帮我去拿干洗的衣服 |
[00:42] | alphabetize client receipts, | 按字母顺序整理委托人收据 |
[00:43] | and pick up a nonfat vanilla latte — | 再买一杯脱脂香草拿铁 |
[00:45] | nonfat in all caps. | “脱脂”二字加黑加粗 |
[00:46] | – Fred, I have your… – 9:00 a.m. | -弗雷德 你的… -早上九点 |
[00:47] | Deposition, file the swain motion — | 出庭作证 斯万的起诉书 |
[00:49] | Switch. | 换过来 |
[00:50] | Fred, coffee? French roast. | 弗雷德 要咖啡么 法式烘焙哦 |
[00:51] | Love it, but not today. I’m running late. | 我喜欢 但今天不行 我快迟到了 |
[00:53] | I’ll get my caffeine from the fumes of Kim’s latte. | 我就从金的拿铁香味里吸取咖啡因好了 |
[00:56] | Hmm. How ’bout you, sweetie? | 那你呢 亲爱的 |
[00:58] | Antioxidant tomato-blueberry smoothie? | 抗氧化的番茄蓝莓冰沙 |
[01:00] | Dr. Oz says it’ll age you backwards. | 奥兹医生说这可以让人重焕青春光彩 |
[01:02] | Sorry, no time. | 抱歉 没时间了 |
[01:03] | And at my deposition, I want to be hungry. | 而且我希望出庭的时候能饿一点 |
[01:05] | It makes me cranky and aggressive. | 那样我会发飚而且咄咄逼人 |
[01:07] | Oh. I’ll just stick it in the fridge for later. | 那我就先把它放冰箱里好了 |
[01:09] | Has anybody seen my left shoe? | 有人见到我左脚的鞋了么 |
[01:10] | Under the table. | 在桌子下面 |
[01:11] | – My keys? – In the “Cosmo” Magazine. | -我的钥匙呢 -在《时尚》杂志里 |
[01:13] | You bookmarked the | 你把它当做书签放在 |
[01:14] | “Triumphant return of the empire waistline.” | 《高腰线的高调回归》那一页了 |
[01:16] | Thanks, Stace. | 谢啦 史黛西 |
[01:17] | You’re the best. | 最爱你了 |
[01:21] | Bye. | 拜 |
[01:26] | Dry cleaning’s in your closet | 干洗的衣服放进你衣柜里了 |
[01:27] | receipts are alphabetized, | 收据按首字母顺序整理好了 |
[01:29] | and your latte is on your desk. | 还有你要的拿铁在你的桌上 |
[01:30] | Don’t ask me how I kept it warm. | 别问我怎么让它保温的 |
[01:31] | You want me to take that? | 要我帮你拿那个吗 |
[01:33] | Messages? | 有什么留言吗 |
[01:34] | On your computer. | 贴在你电脑上了 |
[01:35] | Red for business, blue for personal. | 红色的是公务 蓝色的是私事 |
[01:36] | Caitlin Tanner called. She said she’s a college friend. | 凯特琳·泰纳来电话 她说她是你大学好友 |
[01:39] | Which means she’s in blue. | 所以她在蓝色的纸上 |
[01:40] | I understand your system, Fred. | 我听懂你的分类了 弗雷德 |
[01:41] | She needs to meet with you, | 她需要和你见个面 |
[01:42] | So I squeezed her in at noon, | 所以我挤了一点中午的时间给她 |
[01:44] | which means she’s in red. | 也就是说她在红色的纸上 |
[01:46] | Okay, I went to the drugstore for you twice this week. | 好了 这礼拜我还帮你跑了两趟药店 |
[01:48] | What did I forget? | 我有落下什么事吗 |
[01:49] | I do some of my own errands. | 有些事我还是会自己处理的 |
[01:53] | You know, I woke up this morning thinking… | 今早起床后我就在想 |
[01:56] | Maybe a divorce is premature. | 也许离婚有点草率了 |
[01:58] | Yes, he’s been distant, | 没错 他确实冷落了我 |
[02:00] | married to his job, unavailable, | 整天就知道工作 万年没空 |
[02:02] | but that doesn’t necessarily add up to… | 但是 那并不能表示他… |
[02:06] | Jane, do you think I’m acting rashly? | 简 你觉得我的反应是不是有点草率 |
[02:08] | That’s not for me to decide. | 那不是我说了算的 |
[02:11] | But we do need to talk about your husband’s assets. | 但我们确实需要谈一下你丈夫的财产问题 |
[02:14] | Is he hiding something from me? | 他向我隐瞒了什么吗 |
[02:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:17] | And — and not just assets. | 而且 而且不止是财产 |
[02:21] | In the course of our due diligence, | 经过详细调查 |
[02:23] | We found… | 我们发现… |
[02:26] | Maria, we think your husband has a girlfriend. | 玛丽亚 我们认为你丈夫有个情人 |
[02:30] | I’m so sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[02:32] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[02:34] | A part of me suspected, but… | 我心里有一部分也在怀疑 但是… |
[02:39] | Are you sure? | 你们确定吗 |
[02:40] | Uh…Property records. | …房产记录 |
[02:44] | As you know, he travels back and forth | 你知道 他经常在洛杉矶和旧金山 |
[02:46] | between his L.A. And San Francisco offices. | 的办公室之间来回奔波 |
[02:49] | In San Francisco, he bought a townhouse last March. | 去年三月 他在旧金山买了一套联排别墅 |
[02:52] | And the mortgage is in the name | 而且是以查尔斯·埃里斯和艾米丽·帕塞斯 |
[02:54] | of Charles Ellis and Emily Parcells. | 的名字做的抵押贷款 |
[03:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:06] | The divorce is on. | 这婚是离定了 |
[03:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:10] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈一谈 |
[03:11] | I’m with alient. | 我这儿有客户呢 |
[03:13] | We still need to talk. | 我们还是需要谈谈 |
[03:17] | I am in the middle of giving bad news to a client. | 我正在告知委托人一个不幸的消息 |
[03:20] | You’re messing with my bedside mojo. | 你破坏了我刚才揽枕谈心的气场 |
[03:22] | Your mojo is needed in reception. | 接待处也需要你的气场笼罩 |
[03:23] | There’s a walk-in | 那儿有个没预约的客人 |
[03:24] | acting like a grenade with its pin pulled. | 狂躁得像拔了保险针的手榴弹 |
[03:26] | – Why me? – She asked for you. | -关我何事 -因为她找的是你 |
[03:28] | By name. | 指名道姓 |
[03:32] | I have to do a fly-by in judge Malloy’s court. | 我得去马洛伊法官的法庭逗留一会 |
[03:33] | File this in my office. | 去我办公室把这个归档 |
[03:34] | It’s an updated motion for the McDonald case. | 这是麦当劳那单案子的最新起诉材料 |
[03:36] | E i e i o. Never gets old. | “咿呀咿呀呦” 这就不会过时 |
[03:39] | Yes, it does. | 当然会过时 |
[04:05] | Need to talk to her now. I can’t wait! | 我现在就要和她谈谈 我等不下去了 |
[04:07] | Hello? | 你好 |
[04:08] | Hi, I’m Jane Bingum. How may I help you? | 我是简·宾格温 有什么可以效劳吗 |
[04:10] | You can start by telling me why you’re invading my privacy. | 先说说你为什么要侵犯我的隐私吧 |
[04:13] | I’m not sure what you’re referring to, Ms…? | 我不太明白你的意思 你是… |
[04:15] | You are the Jane Bingum that requested a copy | 你不就是那个要走了我的联排别墅 |
[04:17] | of the deed to my townhouse? | 房契复印件的简·宾格温吗 |
[04:19] | And don’t try and deny it. | 别想抵赖 |
[04:20] | A friend at the county assessor’s called me. | 一个郡财产估价员朋友打电话告诉我了 |
[04:21] | – The San Francisco county assessor? – Mm-hmm. | -旧金山郡的财产估价员吗 -正是 |
[04:23] | You’re Emily Parcells. | 你就是艾米丽·帕塞斯 |
[04:25] | Yes. Why are you investigating me? | 没错 你为什么调查我 |
[04:27] | I represent Charles Ellis’ wife. | 我是查尔斯·埃里斯妻子的代理律师 |
[04:30] | That’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[04:31] | It’s a fact. | 事实如此 |
[04:32] | You do know that Charles is married, right? | 你知道查尔斯已经结婚了吧 |
[04:34] | Of course I do. | 我当然知道 |
[04:36] | He’s married to me. | 和他结婚的是我 |
[04:42] | Maria Ellis | 玛丽亚·埃里斯 |
[04:43] | married on August 18, 2002, to Charles Ellis. | 2002年8月18日与查尔斯·埃里斯完婚 |
[04:48] | And Emily Parcells, | 还有艾米丽·帕塞斯 |
[04:50] | married on March 13, 2005, to Charles Ellis. | 2005年3月13日与查尔斯·埃里斯完婚 |
[04:54] | You don’t know me, | 你不了解我 |
[04:56] | but if I’d had any idea that he was married to you, | 但如果我知道他已经和你结婚 |
[04:58] | I never would have married him. | 我绝不会嫁给他 |
[04:59] | Well, technically, you didn’t. | 严格地说 你确实没嫁 |
[05:01] | Isn’t that right? | 我说的没错吧 |
[05:03] | Because Charles was already married, | 由于查尔斯当时是已婚身份 |
[05:05] | legally, your marriage is void. | 所以从法律上讲 你们的婚姻是无效的 |
[05:07] | To be fair, | 我也说一句 |
[05:08] | if I had known that Charles was cheating, | 如果我早知道查尔斯有外遇 |
[05:10] | I would have left him long before you | 我肯定早在你俩勾搭上之前 |
[05:12] | two ever got hitched. | 就把他给蹬了 |
[05:13] | So, what happens now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[05:15] | I’m going after my share of our community property. | 我要求拿走夫妻共同财产中我的那一份 |
[05:17] | No offense — that includes your little love nest. | 恕我冒犯 那意味着你的小爱巢也不保了 |
[05:19] | What about me? | 那我怎么办 |
[05:21] | Well, you were never really married to Charlie, so — | 你啊 你又没真正和查理结婚 所以 |
[05:23] | I have rights. | 我也有权利 |
[05:24] | I lived with th man for 5 years, as his wife. | 我以妻子的名义和那男人同居了五年 |
[05:26] | And that townhouse is in both of our names. | 还有那栋联排别墅 也是我和他名下的 |
[05:28] | – Are you kidding me?! – That was my home. | -你搞笑呢吧你 -那是我的家 |
[05:29] | You think that you’re entitled | 你以为你也可以分得 |
[05:30] | – to the community property? – That was my life. | -夫妻共有财产吗 -那是我的生活 |
[05:32] | That — | 那… |
[05:32] | Maria, you are right. | 玛丽亚 你说的对 |
[05:34] | – We can make Charles pay. – What? | -我们可以让查尔斯付出代价 -啥 |
[05:36] | But Emily, you are right too. | 至于艾米丽 你说的也没错 |
[05:37] | Because you have a claim to palimony. | 因为你可以索要非婚同居津贴 |
[05:41] | What are you saying? | 你说什么 |
[05:42] | Do you ladies want to go after each other, | 你们二位女士是想继续互掐下去 |
[05:45] | or do you want to go after Charles? | 还是想联手一起掐查尔斯 |
[05:51] | Caitlin. | 凯特琳 |
[05:53] | Kim. | 金 |
[05:55] | I-I really appreciate you taking the time. | 我真的很感激你抽空过来 |
[05:58] | Of course. I know I owe you a call. | 哪儿的话 我早该打电话给你的 |
[06:00] | After the adoption, I meant to come by. | 你成功领养后 我本想过去一趟的 |
[06:02] | The baby must be 3 weeks old by now? | 孩子现在得有3周了吧 |
[06:05] | Kim…He’s gone. | 金…他走了 |
[06:07] | What? | 什么 |
[06:08] | You remember Lana. | 你记得拉娜吗 |
[06:10] | Yeah, the — the birth mother? | 记得 孩子的生母是吧 |
[06:11] | It was an open adoption. | 那是次公开领养[领养双方互相公开身份] |
[06:14] | By the time she had the baby, we — we became friends. | 当她怀了孩子时 我们已经是朋友了 |
[06:18] | We were both single. | 我们都是单身 |
[06:19] | We bonded. | 我们惺惺相惜 |
[06:21] | This morning, she asked if she could come for a visit. | 今天早上 她问我能否来我家坐坐 |
[06:23] | Oh, god. | 哦天呐 |
[06:24] | I went to the bathroom. | 我去了一趟洗手间 |
[06:26] | I left her alone with Ben for 5 minutes. | 我让她和本独处了五分钟 |
[06:29] | I came back, | 等我回来时 |
[06:30] | and she left a note saying she changed her mind. | 她留下一张字条说她改变主意了 |
[06:35] | Caitlin, she can’t do that. Not legally. | 凯特琳 她不能这么做 这是违法的 |
[06:37] | Please, I need to get my son back. | 求你了 我想要回我的儿子 |
[06:48] | Hello! | 我回来啦 |
[06:50] | Stacy? I picked up sushi. | 史黛西 我买了寿司 |
[06:52] | How was your day? | 今天过的怎样 |
[06:55] | Oh — no, wait. Me first. | 哦等等 我先说 |
[06:56] | I got a job. | 我找了份工作 |
[06:58] | Did “Sports illustrated” | 《体育画报》终于打电话给你 |
[06:59] | finally call you in for the swimsuit edition? | 让你做泳装那一版了吗 |
[07:01] | I’m so jealous. | 嫉妒死人了 |
[07:02] | Nope. Even better. I started my ownusiness. | 不 比那更好 我自己做生意了 |
[07:05] | Now, close your eyes. | 现在闭上眼睛 |
[07:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:07] | Jane… | 简 |
[07:08] | I decided to follow my true passion. | 我决定追随我内心的激情所在 |
[07:12] | – Skin care? – Exactly! | -护肤品吗 -没错 |
[07:14] | The avocado moisturizer that doubles as dip | 蘸水后变两倍的鳄梨润肤乳 |
[07:17] | is a terrible idea. | 是个很糟糕的点子 |
[07:18] | Derma-guac could be huge, but I have something better. | 护肤业大有可图 但是我有个更赞的想法 |
[07:22] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[07:23] | Okay. | 好呢 |
[07:26] | I’m ready. | 可以了 |
[07:29] | It’s called “The armvelope.” | 这叫做 “臂月袖花” |
[07:33] | Is that the left leg | 这不就是”维多利亚的秘密” |
[07:34] | of the victoria’s secret new metallic leggings | 新出的金色打底裤的左裤腿吗 |
[07:35] | That I wore when I got runner-up for Miss Kahlua in 2007? | 那还是我07年”卡噜哇小姐”拿亚军时穿的 |
[07:38] | It used to be. | 那是过去的事了 |
[07:39] | The armvelope protects your skin while driving, | “臂月袖花”可以在开车时保护你的肌肤 |
[07:42] | keeping off all those nasty U.V. Rays. | 免受那些讨厌的紫外线侵害 |
[07:45] | Every left-arm-out-the-window driver in America | 每个开车时喜欢把左臂伸出窗外的美国人 |
[07:49] | will need one. | 出行必备一只 |
[07:50] | At least one. | 至少一只 |
[07:51] | Stacy, this is brilliant. | 史黛西 这点子太亮了 |
[07:54] | Thanks. | 谢咯 |
[07:59] | I’ll let her know. | 我会转告她的 |
[08:15] | What? | 干嘛 |
[08:18] | Caitlin is in the lobby. | 凯特琳在大厅里 |
[08:19] | Lana and her attorney are on their way up. | 拉娜和她的律师正在来的路上 |
[08:21] | Okay, just give me five minutes, and then bring them in. | 好吧 再等我五分钟 然后带他们进来 |
[08:31] | – Tony? – Jane. | -托尼 -简 |
[08:33] | What happened, | 你怎么来了 |
[08:34] | they cut the soda budget at Bogert & Markoff? | 你们”博格特&马尔科夫”缩减了汽水开支吗 |
[08:36] | Yeah, they ran out of ginger ale, | 是啊 那儿没有姜汁汽水了 |
[08:38] | So I drove across town ’cause I was thirsty. | 所以我从市区那头开车过来就为了解渴 |
[08:40] | May I have a soda, Jane? | 我可以喝瓶汽水么 简 |
[08:41] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[08:43] | But why are you here? | 你到底过来干嘛 |
[08:44] | I have a vague recollection | 我依稀记得 |
[08:46] | of you telling me we’re through. | 你对我说咱俩玩完了 |
[08:48] | That means you don’t pop over for pop. | 你想必是无事不登三宝殿吧 |
[08:50] | Well, I’m not here to see you, Jane. | 我来这儿不是为了见你 简 |
[08:52] | Well, I didn’t think you were, Tony. | 我也没这么想 托尼 |
[08:53] | But we will be seeing each other. | 但我们会时常碰面的 |
[08:55] | Are you talking in code now? | 你这是在说哪门子暗号 |
[08:56] | You’re opposing counsel. | 你是对方律师 |
[08:57] | I’m representing Charles Ellis. | 我是查尔斯·埃里斯的代理律师 |
[08:58] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[09:00] | The attorney of record is Harold Folley. | 记录上写的律师是哈罗德·弗雷 |
[09:02] | Folley’s out with the flu, so I’m filling in. | 弗雷得了流感 所以我顶上了 |
[09:03] | Should be a straightforward divorce. | 这本该是一桩简单的离婚案 |
[09:05] | Have it settled by the end of the day — | 今天结束前应该就能解决 |
[09:07] | That is, if you and maria ellis are reasonable. | 前提是 你和玛丽亚·埃里斯得讲理才行 |
[09:09] | I’m sure Maria won’t be the problem. | 我和玛丽亚绝对是讲理的人 |
[09:15] | 30 days, Ms. Kaswell. | 30天 卡斯维小姐 |
[09:16] | State law says a birth mother has 30 days | 州法律规定生母在三十天内 |
[09:19] | to change her mind and take her baby back. | 有权改变主意并领回孩子 |
[09:20] | Unless the birth mother signs a waiver | 除非生母签了弃权书 |
[09:22] | giving up all rights to the baby. | 放弃了有关孩子的一切权利 |
[09:24] | Waiver is void. | 弃权书是无效的 |
[09:26] | Lana signed that while in a state of diminished capacity. | 拉娜签弃权书的时候行为能力不足 |
[09:28] | What? | 什么 |
[09:30] | She was suffering from post-partum depression. | 她当时患有产后抑郁症 |
[09:32] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[09:34] | Lana, I was at the hospital with you. | 拉娜 我当时和你一起在医院里 |
[09:36] | When you handed me Ben, | 当你把本递给我的时候 |
[09:37] | you said it was the right thing to do. | 你说这是个正确的选择 |
[09:39] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[09:40] | Ben is my baby. | 本是我的孩子 |
[09:41] | Lana may have given birth to him, | 虽然拉娜生下了他 |
[09:43] | but she gave him to me. | 但她把孩子给了我 |
[09:44] | I love him, and I will fight for him. | 我爱他 我要争取他的抚养权 |
[09:46] | I’m filing for a T.R.O. barring Lana from leaving the city | 我会申请临时限制令 以防拉娜离开这里 |
[09:50] | and seeking an order to have Ben returned immediately. | 同时会向法庭申请 让你们立刻归还本 |
[09:53] | Let me be clear. | 说得明白点 |
[09:54] | My client doesn’t want this divorce. | 我的客户不想离婚 |
[09:57] | But if Mrs. Ellis insists, | 但如果埃里斯夫人坚持的话 |
[09:59] | We are prepared to offer a fair settlement. | 我们愿意公平调解 |
[10:01] | We’re not ready to discuss settlement. | 我们可不打算调解 |
[10:03] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:12] | Hello, Maria. | 你好 玛丽亚 |
[10:14] | Hello, Emily. | 你好 艾米丽 |
[10:16] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[10:18] | What’s…Going on here? Who is…? | 怎么回事 这位是 |
[10:21] | Oh, this would be your client’s second wife. | 这是你客户的第二位妻子 |
[10:24] | Emily Parcells. Tony Nicastro | 艾米丽·帕塞斯 托尼·尼卡斯罗 |
[10:27] | Charles, what is this? Talk to me. | 查尔斯 这是什么意思 告诉我 |
[10:30] | This — this wasn’t supposed to happen. | 这本不该发生的 |
[10:32] | Actually, stop talking. | 好了 你还是别说话了 |
[10:34] | Let me explain. | 让我解释 |
[10:35] | – This ought to be good. – I’m all ears. | -希望是好事 -我洗耳恭听 |
[10:37] | I’m so, so sorry. | 我非常非常抱歉 |
[10:39] | Charles! | 查尔斯 |
[10:41] | What are we doing here, Jane? | 我们在干什么 简 |
[10:42] | You can’t represent two wives in a divorce proceeding. | 你不能在一场离婚诉讼案里 代理两位妻子 |
[10:44] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[10:45] | The divorce and the palimony are on hold. | 我们暂缓对离婚和赡养费的诉讼 |
[10:47] | Right now, Maria and Emily | 现在 玛丽亚和艾米丽 |
[10:48] | are jointly suing your client for fraud. | 联手起诉你的委托人欺诈罪 |
[10:52] | – Could we please step outside? – Yep. | -我们能借一步说话吗 -当然 |
[11:00] | Don’t even. | 想都别想 |
[11:01] | Not a word. | 什么也别说 |
[11:06] | I don’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[11:07] | I know. Bigamy — | 我理解 重婚 |
[11:09] | Who knew people still did that? | 谁能想到现在还有人做这种事 |
[11:10] | Unless they’re from that cult in west Texas. | 除非是德州西部的那群异教徒 |
[11:12] | Is Charles a Texan? | 查尔斯是德州人吗 |
[11:13] | You blindsided me, Jane. | 你让我措手不及 简 |
[11:15] | You’re kidding me, right? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[11:15] | You’re representing a guy who lied to two wives, | 你在为一个欺骗两个女人的混蛋辩护 |
[11:18] | and you’re upset because I didn’t give you a heads-up? | 难道还因为我没提前警告你而不满吗 |
[11:20] | You changed the cause of action and didn’t bother to tell me. | 你改变了起诉理由却没告诉我 |
[11:23] | A good lawyer doesn’t share | 一个好律师是不会 |
[11:24] | her strategy with opposing counsel. | 跟对方律师分享策略的 |
[11:25] | Oh, please. You wanted your big dramatic moment. | 得了 你就是想报复我然后幸灾乐祸 |
[11:28] | – What? – Come on. | -什么 -拜托 |
[11:29] | You’re still mad at me because I broke up with you, | 你还在因为我和你分手生气 |
[11:31] | but you didn’t need to turn this into a circus. | 但你也不需要这弄的像耍马戏一样吧 |
[11:33] | This isn’t personal, Tony. | 托尼 这不是针对你个人的 |
[11:35] | But if it were, | 要是针对你的话 |
[11:36] | I would tell you that no one in their right mind | 我会告诉你 没有一个脑子正常的人 |
[11:38] | would ever wear that belt with those shoes. | 会穿那样的鞋配这样的皮带 |
[11:40] | What’s wrong with my shoes? | 我的鞋怎么了 |
[11:42] | See you in court. | 法庭上见 |
[11:48] | Two wives. | 两个妻子 |
[11:49] | That’s a lot to handle. | 很棘手啊 |
[11:50] | By uniting these two women into a single cause of action, | 让两个女人统一战线 |
[11:53] | It’s a win-win. | 这是双赢 |
[11:54] | Classic conflict resolution. | 经典冲突解决法 |
[11:56] | The enemy of my enemy is my friend. | “敌人的敌人就是朋友” |
[11:57] | Ah. Sun Tzu. “The art of war.” | 哇 《孙子兵法》 |
[11:59] | Brandon and Dylan, “90210,” The original. | 是”90210″里布兰顿和迪伦的原创对白 |
[12:02] | They were archrivals because they both fell for Kelly. | 他们因为都爱着凯莉而成为情敌 |
[12:04] | But then when Kelly was brainwashed by a cult… | 但当凯莉被邪教洗脑了之后 |
[12:07] | They worked together to rescue Kelly | 他们合作从邪教首领那里 |
[12:08] | from the evil cult leader. | 救出了凯莉 |
[12:10] | I had an ex that made me watch. | 前女友逼着我看过 |
[12:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:15] | Typically, post-partum depression occurs | 一般来说 产后忧郁症 |
[12:18] | within the first four weeks of giving birth. | 一般在产后四周内发生 |
[12:20] | Dr. Kemper, does a woman’s age | 坎贝尔医生 女人的年龄 |
[12:22] | make her more susceptible to ppd? | 会影响她患产后抑郁症的几率吗 |
[12:23] | Research has shown | 调查显示 |
[12:25] | that women under 20 are particularly at risk. | 20岁以下产妇特别易患这种病 |
[12:27] | And Lana is how old? | 拉娜现在多大 |
[12:28] | 18. | 18岁 |
[12:30] | In your expert opinion, | 从你专家的角度来讲 |
[12:31] | Is it possible | 有没有可能 |
[12:32] | that Lana’s post-partum depression was so severe | 由于拉娜的产后抑郁非常严重 |
[12:34] | that she didn’t understand | 以致她无法理解 |
[12:35] | the full implications of the waiver? | 弃权声明书的含义 |
[12:36] | Absolutely. | 绝对可能 |
[12:38] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[12:40] | When was the first time you met Lana? | 你第一次见拉娜是在什么时候 |
[12:42] | A week ago. | 一周前 |
[12:43] | So you didn’t examine her | 所以你并没有参与检查 |
[12:44] | at the time she was supposedly mentally unfit | 她当时的精神状况是否可以 |
[12:46] | to sign the waiver, did you? | 签署弃权声明书 是吗 |
[12:50] | I stand by my diagnosis. | 我相信自己的推断 |
[12:53] | That’s not really an answer, is it? | 这不是对我问题的回答 对吗 |
[13:01] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女生们 先生们 |
[13:03] | What we have here is a clear case of fraud. | 本案是非常明显的欺诈 |
[13:08] | First, I will prove | 首先 我会证明 |
[13:10] | that Charles Ellis knowingly entered into | 查尔斯·埃里斯明知故犯 |
[13:13] | two separate, competing marriage contracts, | 签下了两段法律上无法共存的婚约 |
[13:16] | and in so doing willfully deceived these two women. | 也就是说蓄意欺骗了这两位女士 |
[13:18] | Next, I will illustrate how these women | 接着 我会详细阐述这两位女士 |
[13:21] | were emotionally and financially | 是怎样在精神上和经济上 |
[13:23] | harmed by that man — | 受到这个男人的伤害 |
[13:25] | who turned their lives into lies. | 看看他怎样将她们的生活变成了谎言 |
[13:33] | This is not a criminal trial. | 这不是刑事审判 |
[13:35] | You’re not being asked to decide | 我们不是在决定 |
[13:36] | whether or not my client committed bigamy. | 我的委托人是否应负刑事责任 |
[13:39] | No, Mr. Ellis has been accused of fraud. | 不 埃里斯现在是被指控欺诈罪 |
[13:42] | Were these women lied to? | 那这些女士被欺骗了吗 |
[13:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:45] | But in order to prove fraud, | 但要证明欺诈 |
[13:46] | The plaintiff has to prove actual damages. | 原告需要证明实质上的损害 |
[13:49] | Our legal system doesn’t recognize | 我们的法律体系不认可 |
[13:51] | hurt feelings or bruised egos. | 感情伤害或者自尊受损 |
[13:54] | This case is nothing more than a desperate attempt | 本案不过是她们因为感情受创 |
[13:57] | to apply a legal remedy to a matter of the heart. | 而孤注一掷 求助于法律 |
[14:03] | Do you remember signing the waiver giving up your child? | 还记得你签署过放弃孩子的声明吗 |
[14:06] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:07] | Can you tell the court about your thoughts and feelings | 你可以告诉法庭 |
[14:09] | in that moment? | 当时的想法和感受吗 |
[14:10] | It felt like it was out of my control. | 那种感觉就像 我无法控制自己 |
[14:13] | Like that moment when you jump into the pool, | 就像纵身跳入泳池 但还未入水的 |
[14:15] | but before you get wet. | 那一瞬间 |
[14:17] | I knew what was gonna happen, but it didn’t feel right. | 我知道会发生什么 但就是无法控制自己 |
[14:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:22] | When you first decided to | 当你决定放弃孩子 |
[14:24] | give your baby up for adoption, | 让人收养时 |
[14:26] | you interviewed prospective parents | 你面试了很多待选父母 |
[14:28] | and chose Caitlin, right? | 最后选了凯特琳 是吗 |
[14:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:31] | Do you remember why you chose her? | 还记得为什么选她吗 |
[14:34] | I thought she could give my baby | 我觉得她可以给我的孩子 |
[14:36] | the life that I couldn’t. | 我无法给他的生活 |
[14:38] | Lana, has anything changed for you | 拉娜 从你决定放弃抚养权到现在 |
[14:40] | since you made that decision? | 有什么事让你改变了想法吗 |
[14:41] | Everything has changed. | 一切都变了 |
[14:43] | Ben’s father is here. | 本的爸爸回来了 |
[14:44] | He came back to me and the baby. | 他回到了我和孩子的身边 |
[14:47] | Excuse me? Ben’s father? | 什么 本的爸爸 |
[14:48] | He’s right there. | 他就在那儿 |
[14:54] | Ben’s father waived his parental rights | 本的父亲在发现你怀孕那一刻 |
[14:56] | as soon as he found out you were pregnant. | 就决定放弃做父亲的权利 |
[14:58] | No, he said it was a mistake. | 他说了那是个错误 |
[15:00] | We’re gonna raise Ben together, like a family. | 我们会一起抚养本 像一家人 |
[15:03] | So as soon as the father came back, | 所以说孩子的父亲一回来 |
[15:04] | You decided you had post-partum depression? | 你就突然决定自己得了产后抑郁症是吗 |
[15:06] | Objection. | 反对 |
[15:07] | Miss Kaswell… | 卡斯维小姐 |
[15:08] | You’re not a mother, are you? | 你还没有当母亲 对吗 |
[15:09] | That’s irrelevant. | 这与本案无关 |
[15:11] | It’s why you can’t understand what it’s like | 这就是为何你无法理解这种感觉 |
[15:13] | to have a baby and then lose him. | 有了孩子又失去他的感觉 |
[15:21] | She’s lying about post-partum depression, | 她撒谎说自己得了产后抑郁症 |
[15:23] | so she can keep Ben. | 这样就可以留住本 |
[15:24] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[15:25] | They put up a doctor, | 他们找来的医生 |
[15:26] | who gave the judge a reason to void the waiver. | 不过给了法官一个宣布弃权声明书无效的理由 |
[15:28] | Caitlin… | 凯特琳 |
[15:31] | You didn’t give Lana any money, did you? | 你不会给拉娜钱了吧 |
[15:34] | She hasn’t had a job in two years. | 她失业已经两年了 |
[15:35] | How did they afford a brand-new truck? | 他们怎么买得起崭新的货车 |
[15:41] | She said she needed $20,000 for medical expenses. | 生孩子前她说需要两万元作为医疗费用 |
[15:46] | Do you have any receipts? | 你有收据吗 |
[15:47] | Any paperwork to prove how the money was spent? | 任何书面证据证明她这笔钱是怎么花掉的 |
[15:49] | I didn’t want to know. | 我不想知道 |
[15:51] | And that’s called a bribe. It’s illegal. | 这是贿赂 是非法的 |
[15:53] | I did what she asked. I didn’t want to lose Ben. | 我只是满足她的要求 我不想失去本 |
[15:57] | I can’t do this. I can’t handle your case. | 我没法继续了 我没法处理你的案件 |
[15:59] | Kim, what? | 金 什么 |
[16:01] | I’ll find you a new lawyer. | 我会帮你另找律师 |
[16:02] | I-I don’t want another lawyer. | 我不想要其他律师 |
[16:04] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:12] | Notice anything different? | 注意到有什么不同吗 |
[16:14] | – N-no? – Ah, exactly! | -没有 -那就对啦 |
[16:18] | I have been driving up and down Sunset boulevard all day long, | 我在日落大道上来回开了一天车 |
[16:21] | dangling my arm out the window. | 还把我的胳膊搭在窗外 |
[16:23] | And look! | 看呀 |
[16:24] | Creamy and white. | 光滑白皙 |
[16:27] | How — how do you keep it so…Creamy? | 你怎么让皮肤保持这么光滑细腻呢 |
[16:31] | Ah! I thought you’d never ask. | 我还以为你不会问呢 |
[16:32] | Savvy drivers say, “The armvelope, please.” | 聪明的司机会回答 请看 “臂月袖花” |
[16:37] | I was hoping Jane could help me with manufacturing, | 我本来想让简帮忙生产 |
[16:40] | website design, and fulfillment. | 网站设计和发货 |
[16:42] | That’s fancy talk for sales. | 这些可都是销售的专业术语哟 |
[16:46] | Jane is in court. | 简现在在法庭 |
[16:48] | But I happen to be an expert in all of those fields. | 但我碰巧在这些流程的领域都是专家 |
[16:52] | In fact, some people around here call me a renaissance man. | 事实上 有些同事叫我”博学多才小帅哥” |
[16:56] | I’d be happy to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[16:58] | Really? Yay! | 真的吗 耶 |
[16:59] | My first employee. | 你是我第一个员工 |
[17:01] | – With benefits? – Uh, no. | -有好处吗 -没 |
[17:07] | Mrs. Ellis, | 埃里斯夫人 |
[17:08] | How did you feel | 当你听说 |
[17:10] | when you learned your husband had another wife? | 你丈夫还有一位妻子时 有何感想 |
[17:11] | Deceived. | 欺骗 |
[17:12] | Betrayed. | 背叛 |
[17:14] | Scammed, cheated, robbed. | 阴谋 谎言 被掠夺 |
[17:16] | I-I can go on. | 我还可以继续 |
[17:17] | We get the point. | 我们明白了 |
[17:21] | Okay, maybe go on a little. | 也许可以再继续一下 |
[17:23] | He was scum. | 他是人渣 |
[17:26] | It’s one thing to be lied to. | 被欺骗是一回事 |
[17:29] | It’s something else to discover that 6 years of your life | 但发现自己6年的生活竟完全是虚幻一场 |
[17:32] | Were complete fiction. | 这就是另一回事了 |
[17:42] | Ms. Parcells, isn’t it true | 帕塞斯女士 |
[17:45] | That before Ms. Bingum investigated your finances, | 在宾格温女士调查你的财务状况 |
[17:49] | and then introduced you to Maria, | 并介绍你认识玛丽亚之前 |
[17:51] | you had a happy marriage? | 你是否感觉婚姻幸福 |
[17:52] | Objection! | 反对 |
[17:53] | The witness’s prior state of mind is not relevant. | 证人早前的心态与本案无关 |
[17:56] | It was relevant when she asked her clients | 但是刚才她询问证人对丈夫不忠的反应 |
[17:58] | How they reacted to news of the infidelity. | 那个问题就与本案相关啊 |
[18:00] | He’s right. Overruled. | 他说的对 反对无效 |
[18:04] | Before I knew about Maria? | 在我认识玛丽亚之前吗 |
[18:07] | Yes, I was happy. | 是的 我很幸福 |
[18:13] | Mrs. Ellis, who told you about Emily, | 埃里斯夫人 谁告诉了你关于艾米丽的事 |
[18:15] | and then convinced you to sue for fraud? | 又是谁说服你起诉我的委托人诈骗罪 |
[18:19] | My lawyer. | 我的律师 |
[18:20] | So, prior to meeting with your attorney, | 所以 在你遇到你的律师前 |
[18:23] | did you feel | 你有没有觉得 |
[18:24] | “Deceived, betrayed, | “欺骗 背叛 |
[18:25] | scammed, cheated, or robbed”? | 阴谋 谎言 被掠夺”呢 |
[18:27] | No. | 没有 |
[18:29] | – But — No further questions. | -但… -没有问题了 |
[18:38] | Jane, I need to talk to you. | 简 我得跟你谈谈 |
[18:40] | Can we talk at home? I’m kind of busy. | 能回家再谈吗 我很忙 |
[18:42] | Uh, let’s go in your office. | 我们去你办公室 |
[18:44] | Okay. Hold her calls. | 挡掉她的电话 |
[18:49] | As your guardian angel, | 作为你的守护天使 |
[18:51] | I feel it’s my duty to give you some bad news. | 我觉得我有责任告诉你一些坏消息 |
[18:53] | As my guardian angel, | 作为我的守护天使 |
[18:55] | All you’ve ever given me is bad news, | 你告诉我的消息 从来都是坏消息 |
[18:57] | starting with, “You’re dead.” | 第一个就是”你已经死了” |
[18:58] | Well, don’t underestimate consistency. | 不要低估了这个坏消息 |
[19:02] | You better sit down. | 你最好坐下 |
[19:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:07] | Well, I-it seems… | 看起来 |
[19:11] | Kim is pregnant. | 金怀孕了 |
[19:12] | What? | 什么 |
[19:18] | Well, you know, that’s not so bad. | 知道吗 这不算太坏 |
[19:21] | I keep her calendar. | 我有她的日程安排 |
[19:22] | I know who, | 我知道她所有约会的 |
[19:22] | what, when, where, and why, | 对象 时间 地点 原因 |
[19:23] | and I just did the math. | 所以我算了一下 |
[19:27] | It’s Grayson’s. | 是格雷森的孩子 |
[19:32] | What? | 什么 |
[19:45] | Jane! | 简 |
[19:49] | Fred created a website, and we got our first 20 orders, | 弗雷德弄了个网站 我们收到了二十份订单 |
[19:52] | all from Australia. | 都来自澳大利亚 |
[19:53] | Yay, disappearing ozone layer! | 耶 感谢消失的臭氧层 |
[19:55] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[19:58] | Sweetie, what’s wrong? | 亲爱的 出什么事了 |
[20:03] | Kim’s pregnant. | 金怀孕了 |
[20:05] | No. Way. | 不是吧 |
[20:07] | With Grayson’s baby. | 孩子是格雷森的 |
[20:10] | That was my reaction. | 我当时就是这个反应 |
[20:13] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[20:16] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[20:18] | Not the “Break open only in case of emergency” Tartufo. | 那不是”紧急情况才打开”的冰激凌吗 |
[20:21] | And… I’m adding sprinkles. | 我还要加点碎巧克力 |
[20:25] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[20:26] | It was hard enough when they were dating. | 他们光是约会就很让人难过了 |
[20:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:30] | But now a baby? | 现在还有了孩子 |
[20:32] | – My baby. – Your baby? | -我的孩子 -你的孩子 |
[20:35] | I should be married to Grayson, | 我本该和格雷森结婚的 |
[20:36] | and we should be having babies. | 我们现在本该有孩子了 |
[20:38] | – But, sweetie — – I know. | -但是 亲爱的 -我知道 |
[20:40] | I’m not the same person. | 我现在不是黛比了 |
[20:42] | But down deep, | 但是内心里 |
[20:44] | I always thought that one day | 我一直梦想有一天 |
[20:46] | he would see that I was Deb… | 他会发现我是曾经的黛比 |
[20:48] | And fall back in love with you. | 再次和你坠入爱河吗 |
[20:51] | It’s not that crazy. | 没那么疯狂 |
[20:53] | We have a connection. | 我和他有某种共鸣 |
[20:55] | This changes everything. | 但这件事改变了一切 |
[21:13] | Kim. | 金 |
[21:14] | My father taught me to apologize in person. | 我父亲曾教导我 道歉一定得当面才行 |
[21:18] | Can I come in? | 能进去吗 |
[21:20] | I shouldn’t have walked out on you. | 我不该丢下你走开 |
[21:22] | It was unprofessional. | 那样有违职业道德 |
[21:23] | No. I should’ve been completely honest. | 不 是我应该更坦诚 |
[21:26] | We’re friends. | 我们是朋友 |
[21:27] | You were scared. | 你也是被我做的事吓到了 |
[21:31] | Winnie-the-pooh. | 小熊维尼 |
[21:33] | Until I was 5, my best friend was a stuffed tigger. | 直到五岁 我最好的朋友都是只跳跳虎 |
[21:35] | Oh, I had piglet. | 我有只小猪 |
[21:36] | My mom bought me a matching pink-striped shirt | 母亲还专门给我买了一条配它的粉红条纹裙子 |
[21:40] | so we could be twins. | 这样我们就像双胞胎了 |
[21:44] | Hey, Caitlin… | 凯特琳 |
[21:46] | How did you know that you wanted a child? | 你是怎么知道自己想要孩子 |
[21:48] | That the time was right? | 时机到了的 |
[21:50] | I’ve wanted to be a mom as long as I can remember. | 从记事起 我就梦想做一个母亲 |
[21:52] | And now that I’m single and getting older… | 现在我单身 年龄也不小了 |
[21:56] | Come on. You’re not that old. | 拜托 没那么老 |
[21:58] | I mean, I’m still young, and we’re the same age. | 我还很年轻 我们同岁啊 |
[22:00] | We’re not talking about you, Kim. | 说得可不是你 金 |
[22:05] | Wait. Are we? | 等等 是说你吗 |
[22:12] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[22:14] | I don’t know. | 还不知道 |
[22:16] | Look, Caitlin, this isn’t why I came by, | 凯特琳 这不是我来找你的原因 |
[22:20] | but there’s a good chance I’m pregnant. | 但是我很可能怀孕了 |
[22:24] | Have you taken a test? | 你做测试了吗 |
[22:26] | I bought one. | 验孕棒买了 |
[22:28] | But… I’m not ready. | 但是… 我没准备好 |
[22:31] | I don’t have that maternal urge, at least not right now. | 我没有做母亲的渴望 至少现在没有 |
[22:35] | And I really didn’t want to talk to you about this… | 考虑到你的情况 我真的不想 |
[22:38] | Given your situation. | 和你谈这个问题 |
[22:40] | I’m glad you did. | 我很高兴你告诉我 |
[22:46] | Anyway, I just came by to say that… | 不管怎样 我来是想告诉你… |
[22:50] | I’m sorry I let my personal nonsense | 我很抱歉让我的私事 |
[22:53] | get in the way of my job. | 干扰了我的工作 |
[22:55] | And I’m back on your case, if you want me. | 如果你还接受 我希望继续做你的律师 |
[22:58] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[23:23] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[23:25] | I heard about your case. | 我听说你的案子了 |
[23:27] | Applying fraud to bigamy — kind of brilliant. | 将欺诈罪名用于重婚案 好主意 |
[23:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:34] | So, I guess… | 我在想… |
[23:37] | Congratulations are really in order. | 应该提前恭喜你 |
[23:40] | I know. It’s embarrassing. | 是啊 真不好意思 |
[23:42] | But people like to send baskets. Any occasion, right? | 大家就是喜欢送礼品篮 不管大事小事 |
[23:48] | Yeah, I don’t know if it’s just any occasion, but… | 我不知道这算不算小事 不过… |
[23:54] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[23:55] | Yeah. I’m sorry. | 是的 抱歉 |
[23:57] | Babies make me emotional. | 怀孕这种事会让我情绪化 |
[24:00] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[24:01] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! Come back. | 等等 回来 |
[24:06] | What did you just say? | 你刚刚说什么 |
[24:07] | Congratulations to you and Kim. | 恭喜你和金 |
[24:16] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 为什么这么看我 |
[24:17] | You got the basket. It’s obviously not a secret. | 别人送你礼品篮 显然不是秘密了 |
[24:20] | The basket’s from my client, | 礼品篮是客户送的 |
[24:22] | The Brown Pelican Foundation, | 这是”布朗鹈鹕基金会”送来的 |
[24:24] | for the injunction I got against the wetlands development. | 感谢我为他们争取到的湿地开发禁令 |
[24:27] | Jane. What did you hear? | 简 你听说什么了 |
[24:29] | I-I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我不该多嘴的 |
[24:30] | I’m sor– I’m — I’m gonna go. | 很抱歉…我得走了 |
[24:37] | One high-end cartier watch. | 一只高级卡地亚表 |
[24:40] | Receipt and paperwork. A birthday gift. | 收据和情书 是生日礼物 |
[24:44] | One identical cartier watch. Receipt and paperwork. | 一模一样的卡地亚表 收据和情书 |
[24:48] | A gift for my anniversary. | 结婚周年礼物 |
[24:50] | How’s it going? | 情况如何 |
[24:52] | By the time we’re done, | 放心咯 |
[24:53] | there won’t be a single undocumented asset. | 绝不会有一件落下的财产 |
[24:56] | We’ve cataloged all things with motors, | 我们对所有财产归了类 |
[24:58] | all things with roofs, and all bank and stock accounts. | 包括所有的车 房 银行存款和股票账户 |
[25:01] | Well, Charles may not have been terribly creative, | 查尔斯在哄女人上可能是没什么新意 |
[25:04] | but he was generous. | 但是绝对慷慨 |
[25:05] | The cost of a guilty conscience. | 那是愧疚感作祟 |
[25:07] | Nice work, ladies. | 干得好 女士们 |
[25:08] | Let’s take a break, ’cause we are due in court. | 我们休息一下 一会儿要上庭了 |
[25:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:13] | Mr. Ellis, | 埃里斯先生 |
[25:14] | did Emily or Maria suffer financially | 艾米丽或是玛丽亚在经济上 |
[25:17] | from your unusual marital arrangement? | 是否因你的非常规婚姻状况而受损 |
[25:19] | Really? That’s what we’re calling it? | 非常规婚姻状况 换新说法了吗 |
[25:21] | Ms. Bingum. | 宾格温女士 |
[25:23] | Uh, not at all. | 没有 |
[25:24] | In fact, financially, they’re each better off now | 事实上 经济上 她们比遇见我之前 |
[25:27] | than before we met. | 过的要好 |
[25:28] | Did you profit at all from the marriages? | 你从婚姻中获利了吗 |
[25:29] | Just the opposite. | 刚好相反 |
[25:30] | It’s expensive to maintain two separate households. | 维持两个家庭是很费钱的 |
[25:33] | Charles, we all want to know… | 查尔斯 我们都想知道 |
[25:37] | Why marry two women? | 为什么和两个女人结婚 |
[25:40] | Why else? Love. | 当然是因为爱了 |
[25:42] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[25:43] | This is not a comedy club, Ms. Bingum. | 这不是喜剧俱乐部 宾格温女士 |
[25:45] | There will be no heckling. | 别再插话了 |
[25:50] | You were saying. | 接着说 |
[25:51] | Lots of people go through life | 很多人过完一生 |
[25:53] | never meeting their soul mate. | 也没能遇到灵魂伴侣 |
[25:55] | I met two — two phenomenal women | 我遇到了两个出色的女人 |
[25:58] | that I cannot imagine spending my life without. | 我无法想象没有她们的生活会怎样 |
[26:01] | Believe me, I did not set out to cheat on Maria. | 相信我 我从未有意欺骗玛丽亚 |
[26:04] | But when I met Emily, for the second time in my life, | 但当遇到艾米丽时 我人生中第二次 |
[26:09] | the world stood still. | 地球停止了转动 |
[26:14] | Would you say your Los Angeles office | 你在洛杉矶的办公室 |
[26:16] | is nicely appointed? | 是否装修很不错 |
[26:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:19] | Objection. Your honor, that’s not even close to relevant. | 反对 法官大人 这与本案毫不相关 |
[26:21] | Oh, it is so relevant, | 非常相关 |
[26:23] | If counsel pays closer attention to what I say | 请辩方律师不要臆想 认真听我说的话 |
[26:25] | and not what he thinks he hears. | 就会发现相关之处 |
[26:26] | I’m over here, Ms. Bingum. | 是否相关我说的算 宾格温女士 |
[26:28] | And I’d love to know | 我也想知道 |
[26:29] | why we should care about Mr. Ellis’ office. | 为什么我们要在意埃里斯先生的办公室 |
[26:32] | Isn’t it true that your wife Maria, | 你办公室的装修是否由你的妻子玛丽亚 |
[26:34] | a licensed interior designer, decorated that office? | 这位持证室内设计师完成 |
[26:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:39] | And isn’t it true that your other wife, Emily, | 那么你的另一位妻子艾米丽 |
[26:42] | a freelance magazine writer, | 一位自由杂志作家 |
[26:44] | edited and compiled the promotional materials | 为你的公司编辑整理了 |
[26:45] | for your firm? | 宣传材料 |
[26:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:48] | According to my calculations, | 据我估算 |
[26:50] | the value of those services is | 这些服务的价值大约为 |
[26:52] | seventy two thousand dollars. | 7万2千美金 |
[26:55] | Did you pay them? | 你付给她们了吗 |
[26:57] | No, but — | 没有 但是 |
[26:58] | No buts. | 别说但是 |
[27:00] | My clients should be paid for services rendered. | 我委托人的服务应当得到酬劳 |
[27:04] | Sounds like damages to me. | 我觉得听起来不妙哦 |
[27:06] | Why do you suppose Emily and Maria | 你认为艾米丽和玛丽亚为什么 |
[27:09] | never asked to be paid? | 没有对你收费 |
[27:11] | Because they loved me, and they wanted to help out. | 因为她们爱我 希望能帮上点忙 |
[27:15] | That’s what happens in a good marriage. | 幸福的婚姻应该是就是这样吧 |
[27:31] | This a bad time? | 现在没空吗 |
[27:32] | Yeah, actually. I’m under the gun, | 是的 我很赶时间 |
[27:34] | and I cannot find what I’m looking for. | 又找不到我需要的东西 |
[27:36] | There’s something you want to tell me? | 你有事情想要告诉我吗 |
[27:37] | What? | 什么 |
[27:43] | How did you hear? | 你怎么知道的 |
[27:46] | I was gonna tell you, just not until I… | 我本想告诉你 但我还没… |
[27:53] | I’m not even sure yet. | 我现在还不确定 |
[27:58] | I want you to know, I plan on doing the right thing. | 我只想你知道 我会负责的 |
[28:02] | Well, thank you, dudley do-right. | 很感谢 好好先生 |
[28:04] | Kim. | 金 |
[28:05] | Come on, really? I mean, does anybody ever say | 拜托 难道你以为会有人厚着脸皮 |
[28:07] | they plan on not doing the right thing? | 说自己不打算负责吗 |
[28:09] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[28:10] | I’m sure you think so. | 我相信你是 |
[28:12] | But “The right thing” — what does that even mean? | 但是”负责” 到底是什么意思 |
[28:14] | The right thing for me? The right thing for the baby? | 为我负责吗 还是为孩子负责 |
[28:18] | The right thing for… Us. | 为我们负责 |
[28:21] | And what is that? | 那是什么意思 |
[28:23] | “Love and obey”? | “爱与服从”[结婚誓词] |
[28:25] | “Sickness and health”? | “无论疾病与健康”[结婚誓词] |
[28:26] | A little house in the valley? | 在山谷中的小屋共享天伦吗 |
[28:30] | Is that what you mean? | 是这个意思吗 |
[28:31] | It means… | 我是说… |
[28:33] | Whatever you need. | 任何你需要的东西 |
[28:39] | Grayson, you look terrified. | 格雷森 你看起来吓坏了 |
[29:02] | This is so not a good day. | 今天真是不走运 |
[29:05] | I didn’t ask. | 我又没问你”过得怎样” |
[29:06] | Tony is selling bigamy to the jury | 托尼把重婚当做继迈克·布雷[情歌王子]后 |
[29:08] | like it’s the most romantic thing since Michael Buble. | 最浪漫的事一样兜售给陪审团 |
[29:12] | I love Michael Buble. | 我超爱迈克尔·布雷 |
[29:13] | Well, this might cheer you up. | 这个会让你开心的 |
[29:14] | I was following up on the list of Charles Ellis’ assets. | 我调查了查尔斯·埃里斯的财产清单 |
[29:17] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[29:24] | Teri, this is great. | 泰丽 太棒了 |
[29:25] | Beaming about bigamy, Bingum? | 为重婚案开心吗 宾格温 |
[29:27] | Perfectly put, Parker. | 真押韵啊 帕克 |
[29:29] | Kim’s case is tanking. She wants your help. | 金的案子进了死胡同 她需要你帮忙 |
[29:31] | Kim never wants my help. | 金从不需要我帮忙 |
[29:32] | You caught me. I want you to help her. | 被你拆穿了 是我要你帮她 |
[29:33] | Family law, adoption gone bad — | 家庭法 领养出了问题 |
[29:35] | – You’re the expert. – Since when? | -你是这方面专家 -是吗 |
[29:36] | Law school. | 在法学院时 |
[29:37] | Your law review article — | 你的法律评论文章 |
[29:39] | “Legal ramifications of nontraditional conception”? | 《非传统概念的法律流派》 |
[29:40] | Yeah, I read. | 我可拜读过 |
[29:42] | Kaswell! Jane offered to help you out with your case. | 卡斯维 简主动提议帮忙跟进你的案子 |
[29:43] | – Really? – Of course not. | -是吗 -当然不是 |
[29:45] | Now, go get in a room and don’t come out | 现在你俩给我乖乖把自己关进一间屋里 |
[29:47] | until you two figure out how to win this thing. | 想不出怎么打赢这场官司 就别出来了 |
[29:55] | Can we focus here? | 拜托能专心点吗 |
[29:57] | That is one cute baby. | 真是个可爱的宝宝 |
[29:59] | They all look alike to me. | 在我看来都一样 |
[30:01] | What’s throwing me is the waiver. | 令我疑惑的是弃权协议 |
[30:03] | If this was just a scam to get $20,000 out of my client, | 如果这只是为榨取我委托人2万美金的骗局 |
[30:05] | why would Lana sign it? | 拉娜为什么还要签字 |
[30:06] | Well, maybe Caitlin wouldn’t pay her unless she signed. | 也许她不签字凯特琳就不会付款 |
[30:09] | Caitlin paid her in advance, before the baby was born. | 凯特琳提前付的钱 在孩子出生前 |
[30:11] | Well, it sounds like the birth mother | 听起来孩子的生母 |
[30:13] | really didn’t want to keep this baby. | 真的很不想要这个孩子 |
[30:15] | Yeah, until the boyfriend returned and changed her mind. | 结果男友一回来 她就改变了想法 |
[30:16] | Maybe the $20,000 changed his mind. | 也许是2万美元改变了他的想法 |
[30:19] | I mean, the boyfriend’s 19. | 那个男孩才19岁 |
[30:22] | How often does a teenage boy come back into the picture | 一个男孩有多大可能会抛弃妻子后 |
[30:24] | after the baby’s born | 又回到女孩身边 |
[30:26] | to say he wants to do the right thing? | 说他要负起责任这种话 |
[30:30] | Kim? | 金 |
[30:31] | Kim, I’m saying — | 金 我在说 |
[30:33] | I heard you. | 我听见了 |
[30:36] | So, either the boyfriend’s a genuinely good guy… | 要么她这个男友真是绝世好男人 |
[30:39] | Or the two of them saw this baby as an ATM machine. | 要么这两人都把孩子当成了提款机 |
[30:47] | Your honor, counsel’s already rested her case. | 法官大人 控方律师已经阐述了观点 |
[30:49] | There are no do-overs. | 不可以推翻重来 |
[30:51] | I’m not asking for a do-over. | 我没有要求重来 |
[30:53] | I’m recalling Mr. Ellis to authenticate | 我召回埃里斯先生是为了提供 |
[30:55] | A new piece of rebuttal evidence. | 新的抗辩证据 |
[30:57] | Short leash, Ms. Bingum. | 尽量简短[意同”短狗绳”] 宾格温女士 |
[30:58] | Like for a pomeranian. | 一定 就像栓博美犬的那么短 |
[31:01] | That would be a long leash. | 那得是长狗绳 |
[31:02] | I’m just saying, you know, | 我只是说说 你明白的 |
[31:02] | Small dog, long leash, big dog… | 小狗要栓长狗绳 大狗要栓… |
[31:05] | Proceed. | 同意继续 |
[31:08] | Mr. Ellis, would you be so kind | 埃里斯先生 能否劳驾你 |
[31:10] | As to identify a gift you gave to your beloved? | 指认出一件你送给爱人的礼物 |
[31:13] | A cartier watch? | 一只卡地亚手表 |
[31:15] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[31:16] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[31:18] | Would Mr. Ellis’ wife please stand | 可否请埃里斯先生的太太起立 |
[31:21] | and show us her watch? | 展示一下手表 |
[31:24] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:25] | I meant Mr. Ellis’ other wife. | 我说的是埃里斯先生的另一位太太 |
[31:33] | Oop, I did it again. | 额 我又犯错了 |
[31:34] | I meant Mr. Ellis’ future wife. | 我指的是埃里斯先生将来的太太 |
[31:40] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[31:41] | Teri… | 泰丽 |
[31:53] | Hello, Charles. | 你好 查尔斯 |
[31:54] | Mr. Ellis, | 埃里斯先生 |
[31:56] | can you identify this lovely woman’s watch? | 你能否认出这位迷人女士所带的手表 |
[31:58] | You gave it to her at christmas, right? | 是圣诞节时你送她的 对吗 |
[32:03] | It’s a…Cartier. | 是… 卡地亚的 |
[32:06] | Could you tell the court your relationship to this woman? | 能否请你告诉法庭 你和她是什么关系 |
[32:15] | She’s my fiance. | 她是我的未婚妻 |
[32:19] | Small correction — she was your fiancee. | 小小纠正一下 她曾是你的未婚妻 |
[32:23] | As a general rule… | 通常来说 |
[32:25] | No one likes to come in third. | 没人喜欢位居第三 |
[32:34] | I havn’t had so much fun since I had my gum scraped. | 自打戒了可卡因 我还没这么亢奋过 |
[32:38] | But all good things must come to an end. | 可惜好事总有结束的时候 |
[32:40] | Your honor, we still have our closings. | 法官大人 我们还得继续结案陈词 |
[32:42] | We do. And if you want to take a chance on that jury, | 我们可以 若你想冒险一试陪审团的话 |
[32:43] | Be my guest. | 你请便 |
[32:45] | Maybe you had a shot when there were only two wives, | 如果只有两个妻子 你或许还有机会 |
[32:47] | But soul mate number three shows up, | 但是灵魂伴侣3号又出现了 |
[32:49] | And your guy’s looking like Tiger Woods | 你的委托人快和老虎伍兹有得拼了 |
[32:51] | Without the golfing skills. | 除去高尔夫球技不说 |
[32:53] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[32:54] | It’s not for me to say. | 这轮不到我来说 |
[32:55] | But…? | “但是”呢 |
[32:56] | They hate your client. | 所有人都讨厌你的委托人 |
[32:58] | I want the two of you to find an empty courtroom | 我要你们两个找间空的审判室 |
[33:01] | And settle this. | 把这案子调解了 |
[33:02] | You don’t pull her hair, | 你别揪她头发 |
[33:03] | And you don’t steal his milk money. | 你也别让他拿不到血汗钱 |
[33:10] | My client’s prepared to testify | 我的委托人已准备好出庭作证 |
[33:12] | That she paid your client $20,000 | 她曾在孩子出生前 |
[33:14] | Prior to the birth of the baby. | 付给你的委托人2万美金 |
[33:15] | That was for medical expenses. | 那是作为医疗费用 |
[33:17] | I figured you’d say that, | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[33:19] | So I subpoenaed bank records. | 所以我传审了银行记录 |
[33:24] | I’m sorry. I’ll pay it back. | 对不起 我会还回去的 |
[33:28] | Which shouldn’t be too difficult, | 应该不会太难 |
[33:29] | Considering Joey has $100,000 in his bank account. | 乔伊的银行账户中可有10万美金 |
[33:32] | What? No, we don’t have that kind of money. | 什么 我们没有那么多钱 |
[33:34] | Joey does. | 乔伊有 |
[33:38] | Joey, what is she talking about? | 乔伊 她是什么意思 |
[33:41] | Joey e-mailed Ben’s baby photo | 乔伊通过电子邮件将本的照片 |
[33:43] | To Neil and Sue | 发给了内华达州汉德森的 |
[33:44] | Applegate of Henderson, Nevada. | 艾伯盖特夫妇 尼尔和苏 |
[33:46] | What is this about, counselor? | 律师 这是怎么回事 |
[33:49] | The Applegates have wanted a baby boy for the longest time. | 艾伯盖特夫妇一直想要个男孩 |
[33:52] | Apparently, it cost them $100,000. | 显然 代价就是10万美元 |
[33:54] | Are you accusing my client of selling her baby? | 你是在指控我的委托人贩卖孩子吗 |
[33:58] | You sold Ben? | 你把本卖了 |
[34:02] | Come on, Lana. | 行了 拉娜 |
[34:03] | We’re not parents. | 我们不适合做父母 |
[34:07] | I did it for us, babe. | 我这么做是为了我们 宝贝 |
[34:14] | Get out of here. | 滚出去 |
[34:17] | Go! | 滚 |
[34:22] | Joey… | 乔伊… |
[34:24] | When you see the FBI agents in the lobby, | 当你看到大厅里的联调局探员时 |
[34:26] | My advice — don’t run. | 我的建议是 别跑 |
[34:34] | He said that he came back to me and the baby. | 他说他要回到我和孩子身边 |
[34:38] | We were gonna be a family. | 我们会组成家庭 |
[34:40] | I’m sorry, Lana. | 我很遗憾 拉娜 |
[34:43] | I know that might sound weird coming from me, | 我明白 也许听我这么说很奇怪 |
[34:46] | But I really am. | 但我真的很遗憾 |
[34:55] | You must be really happy with yourself right now. | 你现在一定得意得找不着北了吧 |
[34:59] | I am satisfied with a job well done. | 我很满意 圆满完成工作 |
[35:01] | Oh, come on, Tony. | 行了 托尼 |
[35:02] | You’re representing a bigamist | 你辩护的是个重婚犯 |
[35:04] | And making him sound like a saint. | 别搞得好像他是圣人似的 |
[35:06] | I am doing my job. | 我只是尽职工作罢了 |
[35:07] | Yeah, well, you’re doing it too well! | 是呀 你还真做得很不赖啊 |
[35:09] | If I hadn’t found the fiancee, | 要是我没找到那个未婚妻 |
[35:10] | The jury could have believed that | 陪审团或许会真的信那套 |
[35:12] | “Twice in a lifetime” B.S. | “男人一生 两位挚爱”的屁话 |
[35:13] | You don’t believe that someone could have two soul mates? | 你不相信有的人会有两个灵魂伴侣吗 |
[35:17] | I-I-I think when you get married, | 我…我觉得一旦结了婚 |
[35:19] | You commit to one. | 就应该对一人忠贞不渝 |
[35:20] | Why are you laughing? | 你笑什么 |
[35:22] | Oh, I’m sorry. That just strikes me as funny. | 抱歉 对我而言 这话实在太好笑了 |
[35:24] | ‘Cause you were married when you kissed me. | 因为你吻我的时候也结过婚了 |
[35:25] | You know, you let someone fall for you, | 你让别人爱上你 |
[35:27] | Even though you were married. | 即使你是已婚女人 |
[35:28] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[35:29] | I explained my situation, and you said you understood. | 我解释了我的情况 而你说了你能理解 |
[35:32] | Yeah, well, maybe I tried, and maybe I don’t. | 对 或许我尝试了 但结果还是无法理解 |
[35:34] | Fine. You’re confused? | 随便 你不是很困惑吗 |
[35:37] | So ask me whatever you want to know. | 有什么想知道的尽管问吧 |
[35:43] | Go ahead. | 开始吧 |
[35:47] | The witness is all yours. | 尽管问证人好了 |
[35:49] | – What? – Come on. Cross-examine me. | -什么 -来吧 交互讯问 |
[35:52] | Ms. Bingum, isn’t it true | 宾格温小姐 难道不是吗 |
[35:54] | That you were married when you dated me? | 你和我约会的时候你已经结婚了 |
[35:56] | Yes, to Ethan, | 对 和伊森 |
[35:58] | A man I hadn’t seen in 7 years, a man I never loved. | 一个我7年未见 也从未爱过的男人 |
[36:02] | But you didn’t introduce him as your husband? | 但你介绍他时并没说是你丈夫 |
[36:04] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[36:05] | Isn’t it a fact that you knew that keeping a secret | 你难道不知道有意隐瞒实情 |
[36:07] | Would be hurtful to our relationship? | 会伤害我们的感情 |
[36:09] | I thought it would hurt you more if I told you the truth. | 我当时认为告诉你会造成更大伤害 |
[36:12] | So, you were concerned about my feelings? | 那么 你在意我的感受咯 |
[36:13] | Of course. I like you. | 当然 我喜欢你 |
[36:17] | That didn’t sound like the past tense. | 这个听上去不像是过去时 |
[36:19] | Well, maybe it’s not past tense. | 的确不是过去时 |
[36:21] | Are you admitting under oath | 你是否在当庭宣誓承认 |
[36:23] | That you continue to harbor feelings for opposing counsel? | 你依然对对方律师怀有感情 |
[36:25] | – Objection. – On what grounds? | -反对 -反对理由 |
[36:27] | Flirting with the witness. | 与证人调情 |
[36:28] | I have one last question for you. | 最后一个问题 |
[36:30] | Is it not a fact that you wore that amazing perfume | 你是否用了那款迷死人的香水 |
[36:33] | Just to distract me? | 就是为了让我分心 |
[36:34] | Do I distract you? | 我让你分心了吗 |
[36:36] | You have no idea. | 你想象不到有多分心 |
[36:44] | I don’t know how to thank you. | 我不知道该如何感谢你 |
[36:47] | He belongs here. | 他属于这里 |
[36:50] | Want to hold him? | 想抱抱他吗 |
[36:52] | Oh, I don’t know. He looks really comfortable. | 我不知道 他看上去舒服极了 |
[36:55] | I don’t want to… Break him or anything. | 我可不想… 不想打断这美好的一刻 |
[36:57] | Come here. | 过来 |
[36:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:03] | For what it’s worth, | 无论怎样 |
[37:04] | Whether it’s sooner or later, | 总有一天 |
[37:06] | I think that you’re going to be a great — | 你会成为一个伟大的… |
[37:09] | Don’t say it. | 别说 |
[37:12] | Hey, I got you something in my bag. | 我有东西给你 在包里 |
[37:16] | Oh. Piglet. | 小猪 |
[37:22] | Just don’t put him in a matching shirt, okay? | 但别让他也穿那种和小猪配对的衣服 好吗 |
[37:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:36] | Kim’s only out of the office another 20 minutes, | 金20分钟后就会回办公室 |
[37:38] | So talk quickly. | 所以快点说 |
[37:39] | What’s the emergency? | 什么紧急状况 |
[37:41] | This came by special delivery an hour ago. | 一小时前 特快送达的 |
[37:45] | It’s a cease and desist letter from the japanese maker of… | 日本制造商的停止通知函 他们生产… |
[37:49] | The sun sleeve? | 遮阳袖套吗 |
[37:50] | At first, I was really angry | 首先 我很生气 |
[37:52] | And I wanted to fight it, | 我想和他们争辩 |
[37:53] | But then I remembered something. | 但是接着 我想起了些事情 |
[37:55] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[37:57] | A few weeks ago, I was home with the flu | 几周前 我感冒在家休息 |
[37:59] | And left the japanese cable station on | 电视上在放日本有线台 |
[38:00] | Because I was too weak to get the remote. | 因为我太虚弱 没法够到遥控器换台 |
[38:02] | There was an infomercial for the sun sleeve. | 有个关于遮阳袖套的专题片 |
[38:06] | It looked a lot like this. | 看上去和这个很像 |
[38:08] | I thought it was a dream, | 我以为是做梦 |
[38:10] | But now I realize I stole their idea. | 但现在我知道了 是我偷了他们的创意 |
[38:13] | Fred? | 弗雷德 |
[38:14] | Yes, stacy? | 在 史黛西 |
[38:16] | Armvelope enterprise regrets to inform you | “臂月袖花”有限公司很抱歉通知你 |
[38:18] | That you have been laid off. | 你被解雇了 |
[38:20] | Well, for what it’s worth, you were a great boss. | 不管怎样 你是个不错的老板 |
[38:40] | You’re off the hook. | 你解脱了 |
[38:43] | You mean… | 你是说 |
[38:44] | I just took the test. It’s negative. | 我刚做了测试 是阴性 |
[38:46] | So… You can stand down. | 所以 你不用负责了 |
[38:50] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[38:51] | Yeah. Yeah. I’m relieved. | 没事 没事 我也松了口气 |
[38:53] | – Why wouldn’t I be? – I didn’t mean — | -我怎么会有事呢 -我不是说… |
[38:55] | I know. | 我明白 |
[38:58] | Have a good night. | 祝你晚上过得愉快 |
[39:12] | As your guardian angel, | 作为你的守护天使 |
[39:13] | It’s my sworn duty to inform you that I made a mistake. | 我有责任告诉你 我犯了个错误 |
[39:17] | Another mistake? | 又犯错了吗 |
[39:18] | Like that time you let me push the return button. | 就像上次你让我摁那个”返回”按钮 |
[39:21] | It’s kim. | 是关于金 |
[39:23] | The test was negative. | 测试结果是阴性 |
[39:33] | As Deb, | 作为黛比 |
[39:35] | I’m really glad that she’s not pregnant. | 我非常高兴她没有怀孕 |
[39:38] | But as Jane… | 但是作为简… |
[39:41] | It feels like it’s none of my business. | 觉得这事和我无关 |
[39:45] | When I thought Kim was carrying Grayson’s baby, | 当我想到金怀的是格雷森的孩子 |
[39:48] | It was like I had to get rid of this picture | 感觉就像 必须要把这幕从脑海中抹去 |
[39:51] | I was carrying around in my head. | 不想满脑子都想这个 |
[39:53] | That would be Deb. | 那个是黛比 |
[39:56] | But maybe the picture’s already started to change. | 但是或许情况已经有所改变 |
[39:59] | Jane. | 简 |
[40:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:02] | No, Jane, that’s me trying to get your attention, | 不 简 我是在提醒你 |
[40:05] | As in “Jane, your phone is buzzing.” | 就像 “简 你的电话在嗡嗡响” |
[40:12] | What? | 什么 |
[40:14] | Apparently, Jane has to get home. | 显然 简得回家了 |
[40:17] | Well, I hope she has a good night. | 希望她有个愉快的夜晚 |
[40:19] | I most definitely will. | 我一定会的 |
[40:27] | Mind if I join you? | 介意我坐这儿吗 |
[40:31] | You want company? | 想一起喝两杯吗 |
[40:34] | Sure. That’d be nice. | 当然 求之不得 |
[40:37] | You haven’t been yourself lately. | 你最近有些反常 |
[40:39] | Yeah, I’ve… | 是呀 我… |
[40:41] | Been… Under the weather. | 受天气影响 |
[40:43] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[40:45] | – You meeting a client? – No. | -你要见客户吗 -不 |
[40:47] | Hot date? | 激情约会吗 |
[40:53] | What are we drinking? | 我们喝点什么 |
[41:03] | So, I don’t usually compliment opposing counsel | 要知道 在案子正式判决前 |
[41:07] | Before a case is officially settled. | 我通常不恭维对方律师 |
[41:09] | That’s a good policy. | 不错的原则 |
[41:11] | But…You were pretty spectacular. | 不过 你真的很出色 |
[41:13] | I was, wasn’t I? | 我吗 真的吗 |
[41:15] | In your cross-examinatio you did this thing | 在交互讯问中 你是这样做的 |
[41:17] | Where you had your back to my client | 你背对我的委托人 |
[41:19] | And then swung around | 然后突然转身 |
[41:20] | And you were right in his face — | 分毫不差地对上他的眼神 |
[41:22] | Totally threw him off balance. | 完全让他失控 |
[41:23] | That’s my signature move. | 那是我的招牌动作 |
[41:24] | It’s the pivot, point, and pounce. | 支点转身 脚尖点地 眼神突袭 |
[41:29] | Well, I couldn’t take my eyes off you. | 你真的让我无法将目光移开 |
[41:33] | Then it worked. Mm-hmm. | 那就是起作用了咯 |
[41:34] | You know, you were pretty impressive yourself. | 要知道 你也让人印象非常深刻 |
[41:36] | Ah, I’m an okay lawyer, | 我就是个普通律师 |
[41:38] | But I’m a phenomenal bartender. | 不过我是个出色的调酒师 |
[41:40] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[41:41] | I found a pitcher of purple smoothies in the fridge, | 我在冰箱里找到一罐紫色冰沙 |
[41:44] | And I added vodka. | 然后加了点伏特加 |
[41:52] | This is turning out to be | 今天这次 |
[41:53] | One of my favorite settlement conferences ever. | 是我最爱的调解会之一 |
[41:55] | – Just one of them? – Definitely top three. | -之一吗 -绝对名列三甲 |
[41:58] | Oh, Jane. | 简 |
[42:00] | Nobody likes to come in third. | 没人喜欢位居第三的 |
[42:03] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我完全同意 |