时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Now Lifetime’s about to present | Lifetime电视台即将为您献上 |
[00:02] | the highly anticipated season premier | 备受期待的新季首播 |
[00:04] | Of “Drop dead diva,” | 《美女上错身》 |
[00:06] | with special guest star Paula Abdul. | 特邀客串嘉宾宝拉·阿巴杜 |
[00:06] | [宝拉·阿巴杜 著名舞蹈家 歌手 《美国偶像》评委] | |
[00:08] | Do I look like a 24-year-old blond model? | 我看上去像24岁的金发靓模吗 |
[00:10] | Is that a trick question? | 这是脑筋急转弯吗 |
[00:11] | Last season… | 上季中 |
[00:12] | I call it the toe tap/booty bounce. | 我管这叫做 “垫步 甩臀” |
[00:14] | …Heaven brought gorgeous model Deb back as Jane, | 靓模黛比天堂一行 摇身变成了简 |
[00:16] | A superbusy lawyer. | 一位超级繁忙的律师 |
[00:18] | Do you even own a mirror? | 你也不照照你这副尊荣 |
[00:20] | You’re my guardian angel? | 你是我的守护天使 |
[00:21] | Yeah, I’m afraid so. | 没错 恐怕是的 |
[00:22] | Okay, make me skinny and hot. | 很好 快把我变得苗条又火辣 |
[00:24] | I’m an angel, not a wizard. | 我是天使 不是巫师 |
[00:26] | Ever since Deb died, I feel like she’s not really gone. | 黛比去世后 我感觉她从未真正离我而去 |
[00:28] | I want my old life back. | 我想过回我原来的生活 |
[00:30] | I am not a morning person. | 我不是个喜欢早起的人 |
[00:32] | I don’t like schedules or meetings | 我不喜欢工作日程或者会议 |
[00:34] | or windows that don’t open. | 或是封闭的窗户 |
[00:35] | – Ask me something. – Um… | -快问我点什么 -呃 |
[00:37] | What’s the square root of 113? | 113的平方根是多少 |
[00:39] | It’s a prime number. Trick question! | 113是质数 此题无解 |
[00:40] | – Are you okay? – I’m smart! | -你没事吧 -我好聪明啊 |
[00:42] | Yeah, you are. | 没错 你确实聪明 |
[00:44] | Just when things were starting to look up, | 当一切终于渐入佳境时 |
[00:46] | life got even more complicated. | 生活却变得愈发复杂 |
[00:49] | This whole case is a scam. | 这整件案子就是个骗局 |
[00:50] | You will say nothing because you’re not allowed to. | 你得保持缄默 因为你不能泄密 |
[00:52] | Who says? | 谁说的 |
[00:53] | The california state bar. | 加州律师公会 |
[00:55] | Attorney/client privilege. | 律师/委托人保密特权条例 |
[00:56] | My career is over if I pursue this. | 如果继续执着下去 我的事业就断送了 |
[00:58] | It was so much easier when I wasn’t as smart. | 我没这么聪明的时候 生活轻松多了 |
[01:00] | Maybe it’s time I left old Jane’s life behind | 也许是时候抛开曾经那个简的生活了 |
[01:03] | and concentrated on me – new Jane. | 把注意力集中在我身上 一个全新的简 |
[01:06] | I was thinking we could take a weekend. | 我在想我们可以去共渡周末 |
[01:10] | And you would be…? | 你是… |
[01:11] | Jane’s husband. | 简的丈夫 |
[01:13] | Tonight… | 今晚… |
[01:14] | Why didn’t you tell me about my husband? | 为什么不告诉我我丈夫的事 |
[01:16] | I can’t risk being disbarred before my case reaches a verdict. | 我不能在此案裁决前就被吊销律师资格 |
[01:19] | Well, I guess you better fight that disbarment. | 那你就该为保住律师资格而战 |
[01:20] | This place wouldn’t be the same without you. | 这里没有你就不一样了 |
[01:25] | The season premier of Lifetime and its series Drop Dead Diva | Lifetime剧集《美女上错身》新季首播 |
[01:28] | starting right now. | 现在开始 |
[01:32] | How much longer on the fries? We got customers. | 薯条还要炸多久 还有客人等着呢 |
[01:35] | – Excuse me. – Grayson! | -你好 -格雷森 |
[01:37] | Uh, what are you doing here? | 你来这儿干嘛呀 |
[01:39] | Ordering lunch. What are you doing here? | 买午餐啊 你在这儿又是干嘛 |
[01:41] | Well… | 这个 |
[01:42] | You work at hot dog on a stick? | 你在”即叫即炸热狗棒”工作 |
[01:45] | Well, as you’ve heard, | 你应该听说了 |
[01:46] | my client used me to defraud a hospital, | 我的委托人利用我欺诈了一家医院 |
[01:48] | and I turned him in to the D.A., | 而我向地方检察官告发了他 |
[01:49] | and now I’m facing disbarment. | 现在面临被吊销律师资格 |
[01:50] | So, the only court that will have me is a food court. | 现在唯一容得下我的就是速食店了 |
[01:54] | I’m sorry. That’s awful. | 很遗憾 真是糟透了 |
[01:55] | Well, it’s wrong, but what am I gonna do? | 事情本不该如此 但我又能怎么办呢 |
[01:57] | How about give me my fries? | 你可以给我点薯条 |
[02:00] | Oh. Yeah. | 哦当然 |
[02:03] | – Jane. – Judge Paula Abdul! | -简 -宝拉·阿巴杜法官 |
[02:06] | Veritas vos liberabit. | [拉丁语] |
[02:09] | “The truth will set me free.” | “真理会将我引向自由” |
[02:10] | The truth has set you free. | 真理已将你引向自由 |
[02:12] | But you got to promise me something, Jane – | 但你得向我作出保证 简 |
[02:14] | That you’re gonna stay true to who you are no matter what. | 不管发生什么事 你都要坚持真我 |
[02:16] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[02:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:19] | Would I lie to you, Judge Paula Abdul? | 我怎么会骗你呢 宝拉·阿巴杜法官 |
[02:23] | ♪ Would I lie to you ♪ | ♪我怎会对你撒谎♪ |
[02:27] | ♪ Would I lie to you, honey ♪ | ♪我怎会对你撒谎 宝贝♪ |
[02:31] | ♪ Now, would I say something that wasn’t true ♪ | ♪我怎会对你说一句假话♪ |
[02:35] | ♪ I’m asking you, sugar, would I lie-ie-ie to you ♪ | ♪我在问你呢 甜心 我怎会骗你♪ |
[02:39] | ♪ My friends know what’s in store ♪ | ♪我的朋友 知道即将发生何事♪ |
[02:43] | ♪ I won’t be here anymore ♪ | ♪我不会在此逗留♪ |
[02:46] | ♪ I’ve packed my bags ♪ | ♪我已打点行囊♪ |
[02:48] | ♪ I’ve cleaned the floor ♪ | ♪我已清理完地板♪ |
[02:50] | ♪ Watch me walking ♪ | ♪看着我走开♪ |
[02:52] | ♪ Walking out the door ♪ | ♪走出这扇门♪ |
[02:55] | ♪ Believe me ♪ | ♪相信我♪ |
[02:56] | ♪ I’ll make it, make it ♪ | ♪我会做到的♪ |
[03:00] | ♪ Would I lie to you ♪ | ♪我怎会对你撒谎♪ |
[03:03] | ♪ Would I lie to you, honey ♪ | ♪我怎会对你撒谎 宝贝♪ |
[03:06] | ♪ Honey, would I lie to you ♪ | ♪宝贝 我怎会对你撒谎♪ |
[03:08] | ♪ Now, would I say something that wasn’t true ♪ | ♪我可有对你说过一句假话♪ |
[03:10] | ♪ I’m asking you, sugar, would I lie-ie-ie to you ♪ | ♪我在问你呢 甜心 我怎会对你撒谎♪ |
[03:15] | ♪ Tell you straight, no intervention ♪ | ♪有话直说 不要打岔♪ |
[03:19] | ♪ To your face, no deception ♪ | ♪在你面前 没有欺骗♪ |
[03:22] | ♪ You’re the biggest fake ♪ | ♪你才是最大的谎言♪ |
[03:24] | ♪ That much is true ♪ | ♪这话没错♪ |
[03:25] | ♪ Had all I can take ♪ | ♪带上我的一切♪ |
[03:27] | ♪ Now I’m leaving you, you, you, you, you ♪ | ♪现在我要离你而去♪ |
[03:42] | ♪ Would I lie to you ♪ | ♪我怎会对你撒谎♪ |
[03:46] | ♪ Would I lie to you, honey ♪ | ♪我怎会对你撒谎 宝贝♪ |
[03:49] | ♪ Now, would I say something that wasn’t true ♪ | ♪我可曾对你说过一句谎话♪ |
[03:53] | ♪ I’m asking you, sugar ♪ | ♪我在问你呢 甜心♪ |
[03:54] | ♪ Would I l-ie- to you, you, you, you ♪ | ♪我怎会对你说谎♪ |
[04:02] | Jane! | 简 |
[04:04] | You were singing. | 你在唱歌哦 |
[04:06] | And I was dancing. | 我还跳舞了呢 |
[04:07] | You were dreaming again. | 你又做梦了吧 |
[04:09] | I was selling hot dogs on sticks. | 我梦见正在店里卖热狗棒 |
[04:12] | So it was a dirty dream? | 这梦是不是春光无限哇 |
[04:13] | Ohh. My head hurts. Did we drink last night? | 我头疼死了 我们昨晚喝酒了吗 |
[04:17] | Your head hurts because your husband showed up | 你头疼是因为你丈夫突然出现了 |
[04:19] | and you passed out. | 然后你就晕过去了 |
[04:20] | Yeah, I was kind of hoping | 是啊 我真有点希望 |
[04:21] | my husband was part of the dream. | 那个丈夫也是梦的一部分 |
[04:22] | You know, and just when I was getting a handle on her life. | 知道吗 我才刚开始适应了她的生活 |
[04:25] | Is he still out there? | 他还在外面吗 |
[04:27] | I sent him away. But you’re meeting him for lunch. | 我打发他走了 不过你要和他共进午餐 |
[04:29] | Ugh. I don’t get it. | 我真是搞不懂 |
[04:31] | No one in my life has ever mentioned a husband to me. | 之前从没人跟我提过我还有一个丈夫 |
[04:35] | He’s your secret husband. | 他是你的秘密老公 |
[04:37] | Who has a secret husband? | 谁会有秘密老公 |
[04:39] | Maybe you’re like Julia Roberts | 也许你和《与敌共眠》里的 |
[04:40] | in “Sleeping with the enemy” | 朱莉亚·罗伯茨一样 |
[04:41] | and you’re on the run. | 其实你正在逃亡 |
[04:42] | Thank you. I feel so much better now. | 谢了 我心里舒服多了 |
[04:46] | Or like Sandra Bullock in “The proposal” | 或者是《假结婚》里的桑德拉·布洛克 |
[04:48] | and it was a green-card wedding you kept secret. | 你结婚只是为了掩人耳目换取绿卡 |
[04:51] | He was wearing plaid, so maybe he’s from Canada. | 他穿着格子衫呢 所以他可能来自加拿大 |
[04:55] | Our great neighbor to the south. | 我们伟大的南部睦邻[没文化真可怕] |
[04:57] | At lunch, you can ask him everything. | 午饭时你有什么问题可以尽管问他 |
[04:59] | But right now, you have to get to work. | 但现在 你得去上班了 |
[05:01] | Oh. No, no, sweetie. I’m being disbarred. | 不不 亲爱的 我被吊销律师资格了 |
[05:04] | So I don’t have to go to work anymore. | 所以我再也不用去上班了 |
[05:06] | Mnh-mnh, Teri just called and said | 非也 刚才泰丽打电话来说 |
[05:09] | your final paycheck will be on your desk at 10:00 a.m. | 上午十点 最后一笔薪水会放在你桌上 |
[05:12] | And our rent is due… | 而且咱们该付房租了 |
[05:13] | Yesterday. | 昨天就该付了 |
[05:19] | Jane, thank god you’re here. | 简 太好了你来了 |
[05:20] | Oh, it’s nice to see you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[05:22] | But I’m just here to get my paycheck. | 但我只是过来领薪水的 |
[05:24] | which won’t be ready till Friday. | 薪水周五才发呢 |
[05:26] | But you told Stacy – | 但你告诉史黛西… |
[05:27] | I had to get you to the office. | 我得把你哄到办公室来 |
[05:28] | – You have client waiting. – What? | -有客户在等你 -啥 |
[05:30] | Teri, you’re not the one with amnesia, | 泰丽 失忆的那个人又不是你 |
[05:31] | so you should recall that I don’t work here anymore. | 所以你应该记得我已经不在这儿上班了吧 |
[05:33] | You made a commitment to the Center for Justice | 你向正义中心承诺过 |
[05:35] | to take on a pro bono case. | 会提供无偿法援 |
[05:36] | And you’re still a lawyer until you’re officially disbarred. | 况且在被正式吊销资格前 你仍是名律师 |
[05:38] | No. | 不 |
[05:40] | Look, the paralegals have done all the prep work. | 听着 律师助理们已经做好一切准备 |
[05:41] | You just need to rep the client in court. | 你只需代理委托人出庭就可以了 |
[05:43] | The trial was supposed to be in a few weeks. | 审判本应在几周后做出 |
[05:45] | But given the circumstances, it’s been expedited. | 但根据目前情况来看 审判被提前了 |
[05:48] | What circumstances? | 目前什么情况 |
[05:54] | Jackie was born with an enlarged heart. | 杰琪患有先天性心脏肥大 |
[05:57] | Her cardiologist says | 她的心脏科医生说 |
[05:58] | that if she doesn’t have the procedure soon, she’s… | 如果不尽快进行手术 她就… |
[06:10] | Uh, your file says that you’re covered by insurance | 你的资料上说你买了保险 |
[06:12] | and that she’s a qualified dependent. | 而且她符合保险受益亲属的条件 |
[06:14] | They refuse to pay for the surgery. | 他们拒绝支付手术费用 |
[06:16] | They say the procedure is experimental. | 因为他们说这项手术还在试验阶段 |
[06:18] | Translation – they’re trying to save a buck. | 说白了 他们就是想省钱 |
[06:21] | And she needs a special kind of pacemaker | 而且她需要一种特殊的起搏器 |
[06:22] | that retrains the back muscles | 那种起搏器可以重新 |
[06:24] | to contract around the heart. | 让心脏周围的背肌收缩 |
[06:26] | It’s her only chance. | 这是她仅存的希望 |
[06:27] | According to the A.M.A, | 根据美国医学协会的说法 |
[06:30] | the experimental procedure has already saved 29 lives. | 这项试验阶段的手术已挽救了29条生命 |
[06:32] | Jackie should be number 30. | 杰琪应该是第30个 |
[06:35] | Okay, you should know that I’m being disbarred. | 好吧 但是我要被吊销律师资格了 |
[06:38] | Which has nothing to do | 但这绝影响不了 |
[06:39] | with her qualifications as a top-notch lawyer. | 她具备业内顶尖律师的职业素质 |
[06:41] | Nevertheless, maybe you should find someone | 不管怎样 也许你应该找一位 |
[06:43] | whose status as a lawyer is not in question. | 律师资质不受任何质疑的律师 |
[06:45] | There’s no time. | 没时间了 |
[06:46] | Her condition has deteriorated over the past few days. | 过去几天里 她的病情不断恶化 |
[06:49] | The trial has been moved up to this afternoon. | 审判已经被提前到今天下午 |
[06:59] | Mama? | 妈妈 |
[07:00] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[07:02] | Maggie says she wants to be your baby. | 麦琪说她想做你的宝宝 |
[07:05] | But, honey, Maggie is your doll. | 但是宝贝儿 麦琪是你的娃娃 |
[07:08] | You’ll take good care of her. | 你会好好照顾她的 |
[07:11] | Right, mommy? | 对吧 妈妈 |
[07:19] | Just one second. | 请稍等 |
[07:26] | If you had called the Center for Justice yesterday, | 如果你昨天打电话给正义中心 |
[07:28] | You could have gotten another lawyer | 你完全可以找到其他律师 |
[07:29] | assigned to this case. | 接手这单案子 |
[07:30] | She doesn’t need another lawyer. She needs you. | 她不需要别的律师 她需要的是你 |
[07:33] | It is not fair to get that woman’s hopes up! | 你这样点燃她的希望对她不公平 |
[07:36] | What if I get disbarred mid-trial? | 要是开庭审理到一半我被吊销资格怎么办 |
[07:38] | What’s gonna happen? | 接下来会发生什么 |
[07:39] | Well, I guess you better fight that disbarment. | 那你就该争取保住律师资格 |
[07:42] | You did this all on purpose, didn’t you? | 你故意这么做的 是不是 |
[07:45] | The world works in mysterious ways. | 冥冥之中自有天意 |
[07:47] | I did take the liberty of finding you an attorney | 不过我确实人为地为你找了个律师 |
[07:50] | to represent you at the disbarment hearing. | 作为你的代理人出席你的资格听证会 |
[07:52] | He’s waiting in the conference room. | 他正在会议室等你 |
[07:53] | What attorney? | 哪个律师 |
[07:54] | Let’s just say I found someone who believes in you. | 总之是相信你的人就对了 |
[07:58] | I’m Tony Nicastro, and with your permission, | 我是托尼·尼卡斯罗 如果你同意的话 |
[08:00] | I’ll be representing you in your disbarment hearing. | 我将作为你的代理人出席吊销资格听证会 |
[08:02] | And if it’s not inappropriate, | 有句话不知道当讲不当讲 |
[08:04] | may I say you look radiant. | 你看上去真是容光焕发 |
[08:06] | Well, thank you. | 是吗 多谢 |
[08:07] | And for the record, it’s never inappropriate. | 确切地说 这话没什么不当讲的 |
[08:11] | I tried to call you last night, | 我昨晚试着打你电话 |
[08:12] | but it went to your voicemail. | 但是直接转留言信箱了 |
[08:14] | Um, yeah, Stacy and I had a girls’ night. | 是啊 史黛西和我昨晚有点活动 |
[08:16] | Listen, I was gonna tell you | 听着 我本来想告诉你 |
[08:18] | about this disbarment thing, but – | 关于吊销律师资格这事 但是 |
[08:19] | Oh, Teri filled me in. | 泰丽都告诉我了 |
[08:20] | You were trying to be ethical, | 你想坚守道义 |
[08:21] | and yet you breached a rule of ethics. | 但却违背了职业道德条例 |
[08:23] | The right thing was the wrong thing. | 好心办坏事儿 |
[08:25] | Mm-hmm. | 没错 |
[08:26] | You violated california rule of professional conduct 3-100. | 你违反了加州职业行为规范第3-100条 |
[08:28] | – I hate that one. – So do I. | -我讨厌那条规定 -我也是 |
[08:30] | So you’re cool with me representing you? | 那么我做你的代理人没意见吧 |
[08:32] | – Totally cool. – All right, then. | -完全没意见 -那好 |
[08:34] | Well, as your boyfriend, | 作为你的男友 |
[08:35] | It would be my honor to fight for your honor. | 为你的名誉而战是我的荣幸 |
[08:38] | That sounded a lot less dorky in my head. | 这句话在心里默念时没这么傻 |
[08:40] | Now, you said “Boyfriend.” | 等等 你刚才说”男友” |
[08:42] | Mm-hmm. Is that okay? | 没错 有问题吗 |
[08:44] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[08:46] | You just have never used that word before, | 只是你从没用过这个称呼而已 |
[08:48] | and I didn’t know… | 而且我不知道… |
[08:51] | So you’re my boyfriend. | 那你就是我的男友了 |
[09:01] | What’s going on in there? | 那俩人干嘛呢 |
[09:03] | What’s going on up there? | 你头发怎么了 |
[09:05] | I was in a good mood this morning. | 我今天早上心情不错 |
[09:07] | So I decided to brighten things up. You like? | 所以我决定把发色弄亮点 喜欢吗 |
[09:09] | If it weren’t actionable, | 如果你不控告我[性骚扰]的话 |
[09:10] | I’d say you look smoking hot. | 我想说 你真是美艳动人 |
[09:15] | Uh, based on their body language, | 从他们的肢体语言来看 |
[09:17] | They might want to close the blinds. | 他们可能需要拉上窗帘 |
[09:19] | Tony’s representing Jane at the disbarment hearing. | 托尼是简听证会的代理律师 |
[09:22] | She told me she wasn’t contesting it. | 她之前对我说不准备提出异议 |
[09:24] | She wrote me a letter of resignation. | 她已经向我递交了辞职信 |
[09:25] | Guess she changed her mind. | 她可能改变主意了吧 |
[09:27] | Tony called me | 托尼打电话给我 |
[09:28] | to make sure Jane had the firm’s full support. | 让我确保整个事务所都支持简 |
[09:30] | I assured him that she did. | 我向他保证了这一点 |
[09:32] | – You shouldn’t have done that. – Why? | -你不应该这么做的 -为什么 |
[09:34] | Because she committed an ethics violation | 因为她违背了职业道德条例 |
[09:37] | that opens our firm to civil liability. | 这导致我们事务所需要承担民事责任 |
[09:39] | Why not just terminate her now, | 干嘛不现在就把她炒了 |
[09:41] | avoid the embarrassment of the hearing? | 好避免出席听证会的尴尬 |
[09:44] | Two words – employment contract. | 两个词 “雇佣合同” |
[09:48] | If you fire her, you’d have to pay her out. | 如果炒掉她 你要付违约金 |
[09:50] | But if she gets disbarred, you don’t owe her a cent. | 但如果她被吊销律师执照 你就不用破费了 |
[09:53] | I have to protect the firm. | 我得保护事务所利益 |
[10:06] | All you need to do is convincing the jury | 你要做的就是说服陪审团 |
[10:07] | that they should cover Jackie’s procedure. | 保险公司应该支付杰琪的手术费 |
[10:09] | I need to argue | 我要证明 |
[10:10] | that the jerks who run the insurance company are… | 掌管保险公司的混蛋是… |
[10:14] | Jerks. | 混蛋 |
[10:15] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[10:16] | – Am I interrupting? – Yes. | -打扰你们了吗 -是的 |
[10:18] | No. | 没有 |
[10:19] | I’m up to speed, Teri. I can handle this. | 我了解案情 泰丽 我能处理好 |
[10:25] | Okay, brought you a couple of different choices. | 来吧 为你提供几个着装选择 |
[10:27] | So, I need something suitable for lunch with my husband | 我需要既适合与丈夫共进午餐 |
[10:32] | and then a disbarment hearing with my boyfriend. | 又适合与男友参加听证会的衣服 |
[10:34] | “Boyfriend”?! | “男友” |
[10:37] | I know. Tony just said it. | 很棒是吧 托尼就那么说出来了 |
[10:39] | And we didn’t even have to have | 我们甚至都不用经历那种 |
[10:40] | the “What am I to you” conversation. | “我是你什么人”的阶段 |
[10:42] | Oh, yay! | 太棒了 |
[10:44] | Okay, so how about this curve-accentuating pencil skirt | 好吧 这条凸显曲线的铅笔裙 |
[10:48] | with this “Wow, check out my cleavage” top? | 配上这件”瞧瞧我的乳沟”上衣怎么样 |
[10:51] | It’s too trashy. | 太媚俗了 |
[10:53] | Okay, how about this? | 好吧 这件呢 |
[10:56] | See, I have to wear spanx with this pants, | 我得穿塑身裤才穿得上这条裤子 |
[10:58] | and what if I have to pee? | 万一我要上厕所怎么办 |
[10:59] | This is harder than a “Project Runway” challenge. | 简直比《天桥骄子》里的任务还艰巨 |
[11:02] | Do you know what is so unfair | 最让我郁闷的是 |
[11:04] | is that I don’t even remember my own wedding. | 我根本就不记得自己的婚礼 |
[11:07] | I mean, did I wear a designer gown, | 我是不是穿着名师设计的婚纱 |
[11:10] | and did they release doves? | 新人有没有放飞白鸽 |
[11:12] | I mean, who caught my bouquet? | 还有 谁接到了我的花束 |
[11:13] | I’ve been thinking. | 我在想 |
[11:14] | No one, including your own mom, knows you’re married, | 包括你妈妈在内 没人知道你结婚了 |
[11:17] | So I’m guessing you eloped. | 所以我猜你是和他私奔了 |
[11:19] | Ugh. A Vegas wedding? So tacky. | 赌城婚礼吗 太俗了 |
[11:21] | So, are you totally nervous about your lunch with Ethan? | 那和伊森共进午餐你很紧张吗 |
[11:24] | You mean because, as her husband, | 你是说 他作为”她”的丈夫 |
[11:25] | he probably knew her better than anyone else in her life, | 可能比别人更了解简的生活 |
[11:28] | and it is possible that he will figure out | 所以很可能他会发现 |
[11:29] | that I am not the same old jane? | 我不是从前的简了 |
[11:31] | Yep, that’s where I was going. | 没错 我就是这个意思 |
[11:34] | Oh, sweetie, what about… | 亲爱的 这条裙子 |
[11:38] | The skirt… | 配上 |
[11:41] | With the cardigan? | 羊绒开衫 |
[11:43] | With the husband I can be all buttoned up and proper. | 和老公吃饭时系上扣 端庄得体 |
[11:45] | And with the boyfriend, I can tease a little. | 和男朋友就解开扣子 风情万种 |
[11:48] | And with mm, from bore to whore. | 很好 从玉女变欲女 |
[11:50] | It’s perfect. | 太棒了 |
[11:55] | It is really good to see you. | 见到你很开心 |
[11:57] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[11:58] | I’m so sorry about the surprise. | 很抱歉吓到你 |
[12:00] | None of your old numbers worked. | 你以前的号码都联系不到你 |
[12:01] | Oh, it’s fine. | 没关系 |
[12:03] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[12:04] | It’s been seven years, and you look… | 都七年了 你看起来… |
[12:07] | Better than ever. | 比以前更美了 |
[12:08] | You know, people change a lot in seven years, | 人在七年的时间里会改变的 |
[12:11] | so I might seem like a completely different person. | 所以我看起来可能完全不同了 |
[12:15] | I can only imagine what you’re thinking. | 我能猜到你在想什么 |
[12:16] | Yeah, well, w-what do you think I’m thinking? | 是吗 那你认为我在想些什么 |
[12:19] | After all this time, I just show up out of nowhere. | 过了这么久 我毫无征兆地突然出现 |
[12:22] | Are you angry? | 你不生气吗 |
[12:24] | I don’t really know how I feel. | 我不知道我有什么感觉 |
[12:26] | You know, there is something different about you. | 你身上的确有变化 |
[12:28] | No. No, there – no. | 没有 不 没有 |
[12:30] | Mnh-mnh. I’m just the same old Jane Bingum. | 我还是那个简·宾格温 |
[12:33] | Wow, it’s hot out here, right? | 这儿可真热啊 是吧 |
[12:35] | Back then, you never wore pink lipstick. | 以前你从来不涂粉色唇膏的 |
[12:38] | It looks good. | 很漂亮 |
[12:43] | Wait, straight men don’t compliment makeup. | 等等 直男从来不会称赞妆容 |
[12:45] | Are you gonna tell me that you’re gay? | 你是要告诉我你是同志吗 |
[12:47] | ‘Cause that’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[12:48] | Really. My – my high-school boyfriend was gay. | 真的 我高中的男友就是同志 |
[12:50] | After our marathon weekend in Tahoe, | 想想我们在太浩湖度过的马拉松周末 |
[12:53] | how could you even joke about that? | 你怎么能开这种玩笑呢 |
[12:54] | You were amazing. | 你棒极了 |
[12:55] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:56] | Unforgettable. | 难以忘记啊 |
[12:58] | Well, if you say so. | 既然你这么说 那好吧 |
[13:01] | Um, Ethan, seven years is – is a long time ago. | 伊森 七年是很长的时间 |
[13:04] | Why – why would I be mad at you? | 为什么我还要生你的气呢 |
[13:06] | – Well… – Jane. | -那个…-简 |
[13:07] | Tony. | 托尼 |
[13:08] | Hi. Uh, Teri told me you were here. | 泰丽告诉我你在这 |
[13:11] | Oh, Tony, this is Ethan, | 托尼 这位是伊森 |
[13:12] | My expert witness in my pro bono case. | 我无偿法援案件的专家证人 |
[13:14] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[13:16] | The disciplinary hearing’s been moved up an hour. | 你的听证会被提前了一个小时 |
[13:17] | We got to go. | 我们得走了 |
[13:18] | Oh. I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 很抱歉 失陪了 |
[13:19] | I- I guess we’ll continue this later. | 我们稍后再聊 |
[13:21] | – Okay. – Bye. | -好的 -拜 |
[13:28] | Jane! | 简 |
[13:30] | All right, I’ll see you guys inside. | 好吧 我们里面见 |
[13:31] | Does Parker know you’re here? | 帕克知道你在这儿吗 |
[13:34] | I don’t need his permission. | 我不需要他的允许 |
[13:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:37] | Jane, every law student starts law school with one dream. | 简 所有法学院学生都为了同一个梦想奋斗 |
[13:39] | To get rich. | 赚大钱 |
[13:41] | No. To fight for what’s right. | 不 是为正义而战 |
[13:44] | Look at any law-school application. | 看看每个学生的入学申请 |
[13:46] | It’ll say the same thing – | 都写着同一句话 |
[13:47] | “I want to become an attorney because I believe in justice.” | “我想成为律师 是因为我相信正义” |
[13:50] | You did the right thing. | 你做的对 |
[13:52] | If you’re done being all “Lawyer-y,” | 要是你的大律师说教完了 |
[13:54] | can I have a moment with my bestie? | 能否让我和我的密友单独聊聊 |
[13:55] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:58] | Okay, so I told my tai chi instructor, Ming Wa, | 我告诉我的太极老师 万明 |
[14:02] | about your job issues, | 你工作上遇到的问题 |
[14:03] | and she told me that in Chinese culture, | 她告诉我在中国文化里 |
[14:05] | a live goldfish can bring good luck and harmony | 一只活金鱼能在你工作的地点 |
[14:08] | to the workplace. | 为你带来好运与和谐 |
[14:10] | So… | 所以 |
[14:11] | I named her “Tyra”… | 我给她起名叫泰拉 |
[14:14] | ‘Cause it kind of sounds Chinese. | 因为听起来像中国话 |
[14:16] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:17] | Um…Where am I supposed to put Tyra? | 我应该把泰拉放在哪 |
[14:20] | Oh, I will keep her safe in my bag during your hearing, | 听证会上我会替你保管在包包里 |
[14:23] | and I already got a bowl for her at home. | 我在家已经为她准备好了鱼缸 |
[14:26] | I thought this through. | 我考虑得多周到啊 |
[14:30] | By turning in her own client | 由于揭发她的委托人 |
[14:31] | and disclosing confidential information, | 透露了保密信息 |
[14:34] | Miss Bingum broke the rules. | 宾格温女士违反了条例 |
[14:35] | There’s a word that describes a person | 有一个词能够很生动的形容 |
[14:37] | who substitutes her own judgement | 那种把自己的判断 |
[14:39] | for that of the collective. | 凌驾于他人之上的行为 |
[14:40] | It’s “Arrogance.” | 那就是”傲慢” |
[14:41] | If we allow lawyers to ignore ethical rules, | 如果我们任由律师无视职业道德条例 |
[14:44] | it won’t be long before there are no ethics at all. | 用不了多久道德条例就会形同虚设 |
[14:50] | In our law, intent matters. | 我们的法律体系中 意图是一切的出发点 |
[14:53] | And what was Miss Bingum’s intent? | 那么宾格温女士的意图是什么呢 |
[14:55] | To stop the perpetration of a multimillion-dollar fraud. | 是去阻止一场涉及百万美元的欺诈 |
[14:58] | In Chicago or Miami, Jane Bingum would be a hero | 在芝加哥或迈阿密 简·宾格温无疑是英雄 |
[15:00] | Because Illinois, Florida, and several other states | 因为在伊利诺斯州 弗罗里达或是其他州 |
[15:03] | allow an attorney to breach privilege | 允许律师打破委托人的保密特权 |
[15:04] | to prevent a financial crime. | 来阻止金融犯罪 |
[15:06] | California doesn’t yet recognize that exception, | 尽管加州还没有承认此项特例 |
[15:08] | but we should. | 但我们应该承认 |
[15:10] | Disbarring a talented and compassionate lawyer | 吊销一位兼具才华与激情的律师的资格 |
[15:12] | will do more harm to the legal profession | 这对法律行业造成的损失远远大于 |
[15:15] | than enforcing a dated rule | 因为遵循一条过时的原则 |
[15:17] | that puts a criminal on the street. | 让罪犯逍遥法外带来的危害 |
[15:19] | Your honor, the state would like to call a witness. | 法官大人 州政府请求传唤一位证人 |
[15:22] | What? We had no notice, your honor. | 什么 我们没接到通知 法官大人 |
[15:24] | This witness approached us. | 这位证人自己找到我们 |
[15:26] | She can clarify Miss Bingum’s mental state. | 她可以作证宾格温女士的精神状况 |
[15:29] | We’d like to call Kim Kaswell. | 我们要求传唤金·卡斯维 |
[15:41] | Both the manager partner and I warned Miss Bingum | 经理合伙人与我都曾劝告宾格温女士 |
[15:44] | not to disclose the confidential client information. | 不要泄露委托人的保密信息 |
[15:47] | Didn’t you used to date her? | 你是不是和她约会过 |
[15:48] | So, you’re saying that Jane Bingum | 那么你是说简·宾格温 |
[15:51] | knew exactly what she was doing? | 很清楚她在做什么 |
[15:52] | Absolutely. | 千真万确 |
[15:54] | I even cited California rule 3-100 | 在她把磁带寄到地方检察官之前几小时 |
[15:55] | hours before she mailed the tape to the D.A. | 我甚至引用了加州3-100条例劝说她 |
[15:57] | – I want to do the cross. – Thank you. | -我要做交互讯问 -谢谢 |
[15:59] | Not a good idea. | 不是好主意 |
[16:00] | Counselor. | 辩方律师 |
[16:01] | Trust me, Tony. I know how she thinks. | 相信我 托尼 我知道她的想法 |
[16:05] | It’s your career. | 你自己做主吧 |
[16:10] | Miss Kaswell, you and I are on the same partnership track, | 卡斯维女士 我们在同一位合伙人手下做事 |
[16:13] | – Aren’t we? – That’s right. | -是不是 -是的 |
[16:15] | So you see me as competition, don’t you? | 所以你视我为竞争对手 是吗 |
[16:18] | I’ve never considered you competition. | 我从没把你当成竞争对手 |
[16:21] | You don’t like me, do you? | 你不喜欢我 是不是 |
[16:23] | I like you just fine. | 我还满喜欢你的 |
[16:24] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[16:26] | ‘Cause we’ve worked together for six years. | 可是我们一起工作了六年 |
[16:29] | How many times have we had a meal together? | 我们一起吃过几次饭 |
[16:31] | I just assumed you preferred not to eat in front of other people. | 我只是以为 你不想在别人面前暴露吃相 |
[16:36] | Bitch. | 贱人 |
[16:47] | Miss Kaswell, why did you want to become a lawyer? | 卡斯维女士 你为什么要做律师 |
[16:50] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[16:51] | When you were in college, | 你在大学的时候 |
[16:53] | trying to decide what you wanted to do with your life, | 当你为自己的人生规划方向时 |
[16:55] | why the law? | 为何选择法律 |
[16:56] | What did you write on your law-school application? | 你在法学院入学申请上写的是什么 |
[16:59] | I wrote that I believed in justice. | 我写了 我相信正义 |
[17:01] | That you wanted to fight for what’s right. | 就是说你想为正义而战 |
[17:03] | Did my clients do the right thing when they committed fraud? | 委托人犯下欺诈案的时候 他们做得对吗 |
[17:06] | Of course not. | 当然不对 |
[17:07] | And did I pursue justice in reporting them to the D.A.? | 我向地方检察官揭发他们 这是追求正义吗 |
[17:09] | Justice as you saw it. | 那是你眼中的正义 |
[17:11] | Bad highlights. | 好烂的挑染 |
[17:13] | As a lawyer, | 作为律师 |
[17:14] | do you think that we should allow our clients | 你是否认为我们应当允许委托人 |
[17:17] | to use us to commit fraud? | 利用我们进行欺诈 |
[17:21] | I think we shouldn’t put ourselves in that situation. | 我认为我们根本不该让自己陷入那种局面 |
[17:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:38] | – Excuse me. – Yeah? | -打扰 -什么事 |
[17:40] | I thought you might want an update on Jane’s hearing. | 我想你可能想了解简听证会的情况 |
[17:42] | Not really, no. | 不想 不 |
[17:44] | The woman saved your life. | 那女人救过你的命 |
[17:47] | She took a bullet for you and asked for nothing in return. | 她为你挡了一颗子弹却不求回报 |
[17:51] | And why is this any of your business? | 这和你有什么关系 |
[17:53] | “The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.” | “第一件该做的事 是杀光所有律师” |
[17:57] | If that’s your pitch for the firm’s new motto, | 如果这是你给公司选的新座右铭 |
[17:59] | it’s a downer. | 选的很差 |
[18:00] | It’s Shakespeare. “Henry VI.” | 是莎士比亚说的 出自《亨利六世》 |
[18:02] | Dick the butcher knew that in order to get away with lying, | 屠夫狄克知道 要想瞒天过海 |
[18:04] | you first had to kill the defenders of the truth. | 就必须杀掉真理的维护者 |
[18:06] | Okay, so you’re telling me you majored in english? | 好吧 你是告诉我你主修文学是吗 |
[18:09] | I’m telling you I think you should support Jane. | 我是告诉你 你应该支持简 |
[18:11] | She turned in a client. | 她告发了一位客户 |
[18:12] | A client who used her to cmit crime. | 一个利用她欺诈的客户 |
[18:14] | If this firm got the reputation for defending the truth, | 如果事务所因此获得维护真理的名誉 |
[18:19] | I don’t think it would hurt us. | 我不认为这有什么不好 |
[18:28] | Miss Williams will you tell me about your daughter, Jackie? | 威廉斯女士 能和我说说你的女儿杰琪吗 |
[18:32] | She’s the love of my life, my only child. | 她是我的至爱 我唯一的孩子 |
[18:36] | She loves animals. We watch Animal Planet every night. | 她喜欢动物 我们每晚都看《动物星球》 |
[18:39] | And we say that she’s got a big heart | 我们都说 她有颗善良的心 |
[18:42] | because she has so much love to give. | 因为她对身边的一切都充满了爱心 |
[18:44] | Is there a medical procedure that can help Jackie? | 有没有一种手术可以帮助杰琪 |
[18:47] | Yes, there is. | 是的 有 |
[18:49] | Her doctor says it’s her only chance. | 她的医生说那是她唯一的机会 |
[18:57] | I don’t want to make this any more difficult, | 我不想把情况变得更糟 |
[18:59] | but I have a copy of your policy, | 但是我手上有一份你的保单 |
[19:01] | and I’d like for you to read the highlighted portion. | 我希望你念出划线的部分 |
[19:04] | Paragraph 17. It’s marked “Exhibit A.'” | 第十七段 标着”物证A” |
[19:10] | “The policy excludes coverage for treatments, procedures, | “保单对于尚处于试验阶段的 |
[19:13] | or medications that are deemed experimental.” | 各种治疗 手术和药物费用不予赔付” |
[19:16] | Are you aware | 你知道 |
[19:17] | that the lab that developed this procedure, | 研发这项手术的实验室 |
[19:19] | still considers it to be experimental? | 仍把这项手术认定为试验性质吗 |
[19:20] | – Yes, but it’s worked for – Miss Williams, | -是啊 但是手术效果…-威廉斯女士 |
[19:22] | are you aware that in the past two years, | 你知道在过去的两年中 |
[19:25] | The FDA has recalles 291 medical devices | FDA[食品和药物管理局]召回了291套 |
[19:28] | that were rushed to market? | 过早上市的医疗器械吗 |
[19:30] | Objection. Counsel’s testifying. | 反对 辩方律师在狡辩 |
[19:32] | Withdrawn. No more questions. | 收回 没有问题了 |
[19:34] | Permission to redirect. | 请求控方讯问 |
[19:37] | Wanda, what are you holding on your lap. | 旺达 你腿上放的是什么 |
[19:41] | Can you show us, please? | 能给我们看看吗 |
[19:47] | It’s my daughter’s doll. | 是我女儿的布娃娃 |
[19:49] | Maggie! | 麦琪 |
[19:53] | And why are you holding Maggie? | 你为什么抱着麦琪 |
[19:56] | Jackie asked me to. | 杰琪让我抱着它 |
[19:59] | She said that if something happened to her, | 她说要是她有什么不测 |
[20:01] | She didn’t want me to be alone. | 她不想我孤单一人 |
[20:06] | No more questions. | 我问完了 |
[20:15] | You’re home! | 你回来啦 |
[20:17] | What a day. | 今天忙死了 |
[20:18] | And these new pumps – they’re killing me. | 还有这双新高跟鞋 折磨死我了 |
[20:21] | Mm. Hold on. | 慢着 |
[20:24] | You don’t drink wine alone. | 一个人的时候 你不喝酒的 |
[20:28] | Ethan. | 伊森 |
[20:30] | Jane, you never told me you volunteered | 简 你从未告诉我你做过志愿者 |
[20:32] | With special-needs kids while clerking 16-hour days. | 每天工作16小时之余还去帮助特殊儿童 |
[20:35] | I guess I like to keep busy. | 我想我喜欢让自己忙碌起来 |
[20:38] | You are modest. | 你太低调了 |
[20:39] | Always were. | 总是这样 |
[20:41] | Well, I’m gonna I get these shoes off | 我得赶紧把鞋脱了 |
[20:43] | Because my feet haven’t hurt this much | 自打那些每天工作16小时的日子后 |
[20:45] | Since those 16-hour days. | 我的脚还没这么疼过 |
[20:48] | So, tell me more about Jane. | 和我多聊聊简吧 |
[20:50] | Like, how did you two kids meet? | 比如 你俩是怎么认识的 |
[20:54] | Excuse me. | 稍等 |
[21:05] | Is Jane here? | 简在吗 |
[21:07] | Um, yeah, she’s just, um… | 是的 她刚… |
[21:10] | She’ll be right out. Come in. | 她马上就出来 请进 |
[21:14] | Tony…This is Ethan, | 托尼 这是伊森 |
[21:16] | Our, um, plumber. | 我们的…水管工 |
[21:20] | Uh, we have a leaky faucet… | 我们的水龙头漏水 |
[21:22] | …That just won’t stop leaking. | 就是一直不停在漏… |
[21:24] | Aren’t you also Jane’s expert witness? | 你不也是简的专家证人吗 |
[21:26] | An expert in plumbing. | 水管工专家 |
[21:28] | Which really comes in handy in an insurance case. | 在保险案中可以大显身手 |
[21:32] | What’s going on here? | 到底怎么回事 |
[21:35] | Uh, look, it’s not a big deal anymore. | 听着 不再是什么大事了 |
[21:39] | I’m Jane’s husband. | 我是简的丈夫 |
[21:40] | Her husband? | 她的丈夫 |
[21:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:44] | Is this some sort of joke? | 这是个玩笑吗 |
[21:49] | I got to go. | 我要走了 |
[21:55] | Was that the door? | 有人敲门吗 |
[21:56] | Jane, uh, don’t freak out, | 简 别抓狂 |
[21:59] | But it was Tony, and Ethan just told him… | 是托尼 还有伊森刚告诉他 |
[22:03] | Oh. Oh, no, no. No. | 噢 不不 不要 |
[22:05] | Wait a minute. What’s the big deal? | 慢着 有什么大不了的 |
[22:06] | He’s just your lawyer, right? | 他只是你的律师 不是吗 |
[22:07] | No, he’s my boyfriend. | 不 他是我的男友 |
[22:09] | Oh, thank god. Let me do all the talking. | 谢天谢地 让我来解释吧 |
[22:20] | Fred. | 弗雷德 |
[22:21] | Fred? | 弗雷德 |
[22:22] | I’m back. | 我回来咯 |
[22:26] | I saw enough of the world | 看够了这个世界 |
[22:28] | And I realized L.A. is my lady, | 我才意识到洛杉矶是我的最爱 |
[22:31] | And I’m not gonna leave her. | 我不会离开了 |
[22:32] | – Hmm. Just like that? – Just like that. | -就这样吗 -就是这样 |
[22:34] | Oh, uh, I brought gifts. | 我带了礼物给你们 |
[22:36] | Jane, I really need to talk to you, alone. | 简 我真的需要和你单独谈谈 |
[22:38] | Later, Ethan. He said he has gifts. | 等会儿 伊森 他说他带了礼物 |
[22:40] | How about breakfast? | 早餐时聊聊好吗 |
[22:41] | Oh, I have to be in court by 9:00. | 9点我要出庭 |
[22:42] | Well, I’ll come to your office at 8:00. | 那我8点去你办公室 |
[22:43] | You still like raisin bagels? | 还是喜欢葡萄干面包圈吗 |
[22:45] | In theory. | 理论上是 |
[22:46] | – Great. I’ll see you there. – Okay. | -太好了 到时候见 -好 |
[22:48] | Chocolates from Belgium. | 比利时巧克力 |
[22:50] | Caviar from Russia. | 俄罗斯鱼子酱 |
[22:53] | And from the Philippines, a jar of balut. | 还有一罐来自菲律宾的鸭仔蛋 |
[22:57] | Ba-what? | 鸭什么 |
[22:58] | Balut. Fertilized duck eggs. | 鸭仔蛋 已受精的鸭蛋 |
[23:01] | It’s delicious on toast. | 配上烤面包 味道好极了 |
[23:05] | So, you mind if I crash with you guys again? | 你们不介意我一起挤挤吧 |
[23:06] | J- just until I find a place of my own. | 只是在我找到住处之前 |
[23:09] | Stay as long as you want. | 想待多久待多久 |
[23:11] | But we’ll need help with rent, | 不过我们需要你分担房租 |
[23:12] | If you lose your job. | 要是你失业的话 |
[23:15] | No problemo. | 没问题 |
[23:17] | Are we out of mayo? | 我们没蛋黄酱了吗 |
[23:18] | ’cause that would be a problemo. | 那可是个问题 |
[23:20] | In the garage. 12 grams of fat per tablespoon. | 在车库 每勺含12克脂肪 |
[23:23] | If I want it, I got to walk for it. | 要是我想吃 我得先消耗点 |
[23:25] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[23:32] | What the hell is going on, Jane? | 见鬼到底怎么回事 简 |
[23:34] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[23:35] | I’m out there exploring the world, | 在我离开这里 探索世界 |
[23:36] | Minding my own business, | 操心我自己的事的时候 |
[23:37] | When I get a call from my former boss. | 突然接到来自前老板的电话 |
[23:39] | He tells me your life is a total mess, | 他告诉我 你的生活一团糟 |
[23:41] | And I’m getting my wings back to go keep watch on you. | 所以我得赶紧插上翅膀飞回来照顾你 |
[23:44] | So… | 那么 |
[23:45] | …You are my guardian angel again? | 你又变回我的守护天使了吗 |
[23:49] | For now and forever, like it or not. | 现在是 以后也是 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[23:52] | You know what? You can cut the ‘tude. | 知道吗 省省你的牢骚吧 |
[23:53] | ’cause I’m the one who should be angry with you. | 因为我才是该生气的人 |
[23:56] | Come again? | 怎么又来了 |
[23:57] | Why didn’t you tell me about my husband? | 为什么不告诉我关于我丈夫的事 |
[23:59] | My job was – and is – | 我的工作曾是 现在也是 |
[24:01] | To help you navigate your new life. | 帮你指明新生活的方向 |
[24:03] | – He wasn’t a part of it. – What? | -过去他不在其中 -什么 |
[24:05] | Now that he is, what do you think? | 但现在他是了 你怎么想 |
[24:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:11] | I mean, he makes me nervous, you know? | 我是说 他让我紧张 你明白吗 |
[24:14] | Which, at first, I thought was just because | 刚开始 我觉得只是因为担心 |
[24:16] | He might figure out that I’m not really me. | 他会发现我其实不是原来那个我 |
[24:18] | But now it’s – it’s like my body has a reaction to him, | 可是现在 感觉是我的身体对他有回应 |
[24:22] | Which is weird. | 这太奇怪了 |
[24:23] | So, every time that I’m around Ethan, | 所以 每次在伊森身边 |
[24:25] | My heart races and my palms sweat. | 我就会心跳加速 手心出汗 |
[24:27] | Jane, I think I know what’s going on here. | 简 我想我知道是怎么回事 |
[24:31] | What? | 怎么回事 |
[24:32] | Jane, I think Ethan is totally hot. | 简 我觉得伊森确实帅呆了 |
[24:36] | Stay away from him, sister! Oh! | 姐们儿 离他远点 |
[24:38] | Oh, you like him. | 你真的喜欢他 |
[24:39] | You wouldn’t tell me to staaway from a guy | 你不会让我和某男保持距离 |
[24:41] | Unless you like him. | 除非你喜欢他 |
[24:43] | – Stop it. – Oh, my god. | -住嘴 -偶滴天呐 |
[24:46] | Jane is in love with her husband, Jane! | 简和她的丈夫坠入爱河了 简 |
[24:50] | Okay, I just can’t deal with this right now. | 够了 我眼下顾不上这个 |
[24:53] | I’ve got a little girl o nes me to save her life, | 有个女孩还等着我救她 |
[24:56] | So I’m going to go review the case file, | 所以我现在要去研究案例卷宗 |
[24:59] | And then I’m gonna go to sleep. | 然后好好睡一觉 |
[25:04] | Can I interest you in some balut? | 对鸭仔蛋有兴趣吗 |
[25:07] | Um… No thank you. | 不了 多谢 |
[25:16] | The raisins really elevate the bagel. | 葡萄干增添了面包圈的风味 |
[25:20] | It’s like adding a burst of juicy goodness in every bite. | 像是让每一口都更多汁美味 |
[25:23] | It’s like you never had one before. | 说得就像你从没吃过一样 |
[25:27] | Anyway, um… | 不管怎样 |
[25:29] | You had something to tell me. | 你说有事要告诉我 |
[25:33] | When we got married, | 我们结婚时 |
[25:34] | We’d only dating a couple months. | 只约会了几个月而已 |
[25:37] | And we both know why we rushed it. | 我们都清楚为何匆忙结婚 |
[25:38] | Right. | 对 |
[25:42] | I owe you my life. | 你救了我的命 |
[25:46] | Is that what you want to hear? | 你是想听这个吗 |
[25:47] | You know that I was unemployed, | 你知道我当时在失业中 |
[25:49] | And no insurance company would cover my leukemia | 没有保险公司会负担我的白血病治疗费用 |
[25:51] | Because it was a pre-existing condition. | 因为在投保之前我已经得病了 |
[25:55] | No one knows about us. | 可是没人知道我们的事 |
[25:57] | I know. That was my idea. | 没错 那是我的主意 |
[25:59] | Just in case things didn’t work out with us. | 以防万一我们无法一起生活 |
[26:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:04] | I didn’t want to take off like that, | 我并不想那样不辞而别 |
[26:06] | But the job in Argentina was the chance of a lifetime, | 但阿根廷的那份工作是千载难逢的机会 |
[26:08] | And…I’m so sorry about the postcard. | 我很抱歉明信片的事 |
[26:11] | I was young, | 我当时太年轻 |
[26:13] | And that was a stupid way to break up with you. | 用那招分手确实很蠢 |
[26:14] | Okay. No, I’m – I see. Yeah. | 好吧 不 我理解 |
[26:19] | Um…Are you back because you’re sick again? | 难道你回来是因为病情复发吗 |
[26:23] | No, no. | 不 不是 |
[26:24] | Um… Jane, I’m in love. | 简 我恋爱了 |
[26:27] | Her name is Claudia, | 她叫克劳蒂亚 |
[26:29] | And since you and I never officially got divorced… | 但我和你一直没有正式离婚… |
[26:33] | You want a divorce. | 所以你想要离婚 |
[26:37] | Yes. That’s why you’re back. | 没错 这才是你回来的原因 |
[26:40] | That’s, um…That’s great. | 那个 好极了 |
[26:41] | And I can take care of that because I’m a lawyer. | 交给我好了 因为我就是律师 |
[26:45] | Um, oh – I actually have to get to court. | 现在我得出庭了 |
[26:49] | So go ahead and, um, just finish the bagels. | 你继续吧 好好享用完面包圈 |
[27:03] | We feel terrible about Jackie Williams. | 对于杰琪·威廉斯 我们非常难过 |
[27:06] | She is a sweet, adorable little girl. | 她是个体贴 惹人爱的小女孩 |
[27:09] | So why deny the muscle-wrap procedure? | 那为什么拒绝心肌包裹手术 |
[27:10] | The procedure was developed by Axil Laboratories. | 这项疗法是艾辛实验室研发的 |
[27:12] | They still consider it to be experimental. | 他们认为目前依处于试验阶段 |
[27:14] | We would be irresponsible to approve a procedure | 在临床试验有确定结论前批准此项疗法 |
[27:17] | Before the trials have concluded. | 是不负责任的行为 |
[27:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:23] | Mr. Melvoy, | 梅尔沃先生 |
[27:24] | Are you on the advisory board of Axil Laboratories? | 你是艾辛实验室顾问委员会成员吗 |
[27:28] | Yes, I am. Axil is a nonprofit lab, | 是的 艾辛是非盈利性实验室 |
[27:30] | And they look to industry leaders for guidance. | 他们向业界领军人物咨询指导 |
[27:33] | Did you recently convince the board | 近期你是否说服委员会 |
[27:35] | To delay an approval of the muscle-wrap surgery | 推迟批准心肌包裹手术 |
[27:37] | And recommend another five-year trial? | 并建议延长试验期5年 |
[27:39] | It was my assessment | 那是我的评估 |
[27:40] | That another five years would be prudent. | 延长5年试验期是为谨慎起见 |
[27:42] | Your assessment… As a doctor? | 你的评估…是作为专业医生的见解吗 |
[27:44] | I’m not a doctor. | 我不是医生 |
[27:46] | Right. | 没错 |
[27:47] | Because if you were, | 因为如果你是 |
[27:48] | I would call you “Dr. Melvoy” | 我就会称你为 梅尔沃医生 |
[27:50] | And you would have an obligation to save Jackie’s life. | 并且救杰琪的命也会是你的义务 |
[27:53] | So, help me out here. | 那么 请你解释下 |
[27:54] | Since you’re not a doctor, | 既然你不是医生 |
[27:56] | How is your input helpful in deciding | 那么你的建议对于决定 |
[27:57] | whether or not that little girl will live or die? | 那个小女孩的生死又有何帮助呢 |
[28:00] | She’s badgering, your honor. | 她在纠缠不休 法官大人 |
[28:02] | Badgering? Oh, no, no, no. | 獾吗 哦才不是 |
[28:04] | See, I am so not badgering. | 我绝不是只獾 |
[28:05] | Because if I was badgering, | 因为如果我是只獾 |
[28:07] | I would poke him with a little stick. | 我会拿脊背上的毛针捅他 |
[28:09] | And I would tell the jury | 我还会告诉陪审团 |
[28:10] | That I think he’s a pompous nimrod | 他根本就是个自命不凡的草包猎手 |
[28:12] | Who cares more about the bottom line than helping sick people. | 比起病人的安危 他更在乎经济利益 |
[28:14] | Objection. | 反对 |
[28:15] | The jury will disregard Miss Bingum’s last statement. | 陪审团将不予考虑宾格温女士的最后陈述 |
[28:17] | Your honor, I think the jury has a right to know | 法官大人 我认为陪审团有必要知道 |
[28:20] | That Mr. Melvoy isn’t any more qualified Than, say, lady gaga | 梅尔沃先生绝不比”雷帝嘎嘎”更靠谱 |
[28:24] | In deciding what happens to Jackie Williams. | 他根本无权决定杰琪·威廉斯的生死 |
[28:27] | You’ve made that point, Miss Bingum. | 这点你已经提过 宾格温女士 |
[28:28] | Move on. | 继续 |
[28:30] | Mr. Melvoy, | 梅尔沃先生 |
[28:33] | Can you estimate how many of your insured | 能否请你估计 今后5年你们的参保病人中 |
[28:35] | Would be eligible for the muscle-wrap procedure | 会有多少人符合接受心肌包裹手术的标准 |
[28:38] | Over the next five years, if it were available now? | 如果该项手术现在已通过试验阶段 |
[28:40] | Oh, and I have a copy of your internal memo, | 对了 我这里有你们内部备忘录的副本 |
[28:43] | If you need to refresh your memory. | 以防你需要提醒 |
[28:49] | Approximately 200. | 大约200人 |
[28:51] | And how much would the procedure cost per person? | 每个病人接受该疗法的花费是多少 |
[28:55] | About $100,000. | 大约10万美元 |
[28:57] | So, by delaying the approval of the muscle wrap by five years, | 那么 推迟批准心肌包裹疗法5年 |
[29:01] | Your company will save | 你的公司将能省下 |
[29:03] | about $20 million. | 大约2000万美金 |
[29:07] | On paper, but that’s – | 理论上是 但是… |
[29:08] | No more questions. | 没有问题了 |
[29:25] | Uh, I’m so glad to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[29:27] | I’ll continue to represent you in your disbarment hearing, | 律师资格听证会上 我会继续为你辩护 |
[29:30] | But as for whatever we had – | 但是鉴于我们之间发生的事 |
[29:32] | No, no, no, no. Wait. Stop. | 不不 不要 别说了 |
[29:33] | See, we still have what we had. | 听着 我们的关系不会改变 |
[29:35] | This isn’t what it seems, Tony. | 这件事不是你看到的那样 托尼 |
[29:37] | So you aren’t married? | 难道说你们没有结婚咯 |
[29:38] | Well, I hadn’t seen my husband in seven years, | 事实是 7年里我都没见过我丈夫 |
[29:42] | And the only reason we got married | 而且我们结婚的唯一理由是 |
[29:45] | Was because he had leukemia | 是因为他得了白血病 |
[29:46] | And needed to get on my insurance policy. | 需要靠我的医疗保险负担费用 |
[29:47] | – Which means… – Which means | -也就是说 -就是说 |
[29:49] | You committed insurance fraud. | 你们犯了保险欺诈罪 |
[29:51] | What? | 什么 |
[29:52] | Jane, you were a lawyer when you married him… | 简 嫁给他时你已经是律师了 |
[29:55] | Which means that fraud is not only a felony | 这意味着 这项欺诈不仅是重罪 |
[29:57] | But it’s also a violation of the code of professional responsibility. | 而且违背了律师职业道德 |
[30:00] | Now that I know that, | 现在知道了这事 |
[30:01] | I can no longer represent you in this disbarment hearing. | 我就没法在律师资格听证会上为你辩护了 |
[30:03] | Please stop. | 请别这样 |
[30:06] | I saved his life. | 我救了他的命 |
[30:08] | Doesn’t that count for something? | 这难道一点不重要吗 |
[30:10] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[30:12] | Tony? | 托尼 |
[30:23] | Parker, I know you don’t want to see me right now, | 帕克 我知道你现在不想见我 |
[30:26] | But I need a moment of your time. | 但我需要你给我点时间 |
[30:31] | Okay. Are you aware of my pro bono case? | 好吧 你有听说我那个无偿法援案件吗 |
[30:35] | Little girl, bad heart. | 小女孩 心脏不好 |
[30:37] | I need you to take it over for me. | 我需要你接手 |
[30:39] | Why? I heard it’s going well. | 为什么 我听说进展得挺好 |
[30:41] | For reasons I would rather not discuss, | 我不太想提其中缘由 |
[30:44] | Tony is no longer representing me at my disbarment hearing. | 总之托尼不再代表我出席资格听证会 |
[30:47] | I still don’t follow. | 还是不明白 |
[30:49] | I cannot risk being disbarred | 这个无偿案件没有裁决前 |
[30:51] | Before my case reaches a verdict. | 我不能被吊销律师资格 |
[30:53] | And since I know you want me out of here as soon as possible, | 而且我知道你希望我尽早走人 |
[30:56] | I would like to make you a deal. | 所以我想和你做个交易 |
[30:59] | I will give up my practice | 我愿意放弃律师工作 |
[31:01] | And waive any claims under my employment contract | 以及聘约中规定的赔偿金 |
[31:04] | If you agree to take over the Jackie Williams case. | 只要你同意接手杰琪·威廉斯这件案子 |
[31:06] | You just need to make the closing, | 你只要做结案陈词 |
[31:07] | And I can walk you through it. | 我会全程协助你 |
[31:09] | You’re willing to give up your career | 你愿意放弃整个事业 |
[31:11] | To ensure the well-being of a client? | 只为保护一位客户的权益 |
[31:12] | Yes. Clients come first. | 对 客户第一 |
[31:15] | At least, clients like this one. | 至少这个客户如此 |
[31:18] | “The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.” | “第一件该做的事 是杀光所有律师” |
[31:21] | Dick the butcher. Oh, I know shakespeare. | 屠夫狄克 哦我竟然知道莎士比亚的作品 |
[31:25] | “Now is the winter of our discontent” | “现在我们严冬般的宿怨” |
[31:27] | “Made glorious summer by this sun of York;” | “被约克的红日照耀成融融夏景” |
[31:30] | “And all the clouds that low’r’d upon our house” | “笼罩着我们王室的片片愁云” |
[31:33] | “In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.” | “全都埋进了海洋深处” |
[31:36] | What are you doing? | 你在说什么 |
[31:38] | “Richard III.” Act one, scene one. | 《理查三世》第一幕第一场 |
[31:40] | Apparently. | 没错 |
[31:41] | Okay, tell you what, Bingum. | 这样吧 宾格温 |
[31:44] | I’m not gonna represent Jackie Williams, | 我不会接手杰琪·威廉斯的案子 |
[31:46] | But I will represent you in your disbarment hearing | 但我会做你听证会的辩护律师 |
[31:48] | So that you can continue representing Jackie | 这样你就能继续为杰琪打官司 |
[31:50] | – And working in this firm. – I thought you wanted me gone. | -并且留在事务所 -我以为你希望我走 |
[31:54] | As managing partner I reserve the right to change my mind. | 作为合伙人 我有权改变主意 |
[31:59] | Your honor, what my client did was wrong. | 法官大人 我委托人的行为确有不妥 |
[32:04] | And yes, | 没错 |
[32:05] | She violated the rules of professional responsibility. | 她违背了职责规范 |
[32:08] | But those are not the only rules. | 但规则远不只这些 |
[32:10] | There is also the criminal code. | 我们应予考虑的 还有刑法 |
[32:13] | Miss Bingum hasn’t been charged with any crime, | 我们没有指控宾格温任何刑事犯罪 |
[32:15] | – So that is irrelevant. – Hold on a minute. | -这与本案无关 -请稍等 |
[32:18] | I did a little digging. | 我做了些调查 |
[32:20] | Turns out, the check from the hospital to her client | 发现医院给简的委托人的支票 |
[32:22] | Hadn’t been cashed yet. | 还没有兑现 |
[32:24] | Thus, by reporting the fraud to the D.A., | 因此 她向地方检察官检举的做法 |
[32:27] | She stopped the fraud from ever reaching fruition. | 阻止了诈骗行为的实现 |
[32:29] | Your honor, the doctrine of renunciation | 法官大人 “拒绝履行之表示”的适用原则 |
[32:34] | Requires an unequivocal withdrawal from a conspiracy | 要求在一方当事人罪行得逞之前 |
[32:37] | Before a crime is completed. | 另一方已明确拒绝同谋 |
[32:39] | If miss Bingum had waited until the check was cashed, | 如果宾格温在支票被兑现后才举报 |
[32:42] | She could have been charged as an accessory. | 她就可能被指控为同谋 |
[32:44] | Quite simply, disclosure was her only recourse. | 所以 揭发对方是她拒绝同谋的唯一办法 |
[32:47] | Very interesting argument, Mr. Parker. | 论点很有趣 帕克先生 |
[32:51] | And quite honestly, I find your logic compelling. | 坦白说 你的逻辑很有说服力 |
[32:54] | In light of the circumstances, | 鉴于这种情况 |
[32:55] | I’m dismissing the complaint against your client | 我驳回对你委托人的控诉 |
[32:57] | And reinstating her as a member of the bar. | 并恢复其律师资格 |
[33:05] | Counselor. | 律师 |
[33:10] | Um…Thank you, Mr. Parker. | 谢谢你 帕克先生 |
[33:14] | You’re welcome, Miss Bingum. | 不客气 宾格温女士 |
[33:17] | Um, should we hug or something? | 我们要不要拥抱一下 |
[33:20] | Jane. | 简 |
[33:21] | Teri? | 泰丽 |
[33:22] | Jackie collaps. She’s in the e.R. It’s critical. | 杰琪昏迷了 正在急救 病危 |
[33:32] | Excuse me. Wanda. | 借过 旺达 |
[33:34] | Jane, it’s bad. It’s really bad. | 简 她的病情很严重 |
[33:38] | The doctor said she’s got 48 hours, maybe less. | 医生说她只剩48小时 也许更少 |
[33:41] | She needs the procedure now. | 她得马上做手术 |
[33:43] | Can we call the judge and go back to court? | 我们能让法官现在开庭吗 |
[33:44] | Even if we waived closing | 就算免做结案陈词 |
[33:46] | The jury would still need time to deliberate. | 陪审团也要时间商议 |
[33:48] | You have to do something. Please. | 想想办法 拜托了 |
[33:57] | I’ll be in touch as soon as possible, okay? | 我尽快联系你 好吗 |
[34:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:09] | Miss Bingum, I’m sorry your client is in the E.R., | 宾格温 我很遗憾你的委托人在急诊 |
[34:11] | But what do you expect us to do about it? | 但我们也无能为力 |
[34:13] | Here’s what’s gonna happen if Jackie dies. | 如果杰琪死了 情况会变成这样 |
[34:15] | During discovery, I came across the memo | 在调查期间 我发现了 |
[34:17] | With the 200 names of your insured | 有200位受保人名字的备忘录 |
[34:18] | That are likely to need the muscle-wrap procedure | 他们在接下来五年内都需要 |
[34:20] | Over the next five years. | 做心肌包裹手术 |
[34:21] | I will contact every single one of those members | 我会联系名单中的每一个人 |
[34:25] | And offer to represent them against your company. | 提出代表他们控诉你们公司 |
[34:26] | That’s illegal and actionable | 那属于违法行为 |
[34:28] | Under the professional rules of conduct. | 我们可控诉你违反职业规范 |
[34:30] | Not if I do it pro bono. | 这不适用于无偿法援 |
[34:32] | Besides, I assume you know all about my history | 而且 我想你们也清楚 |
[34:34] | With the disciplinary committee. | 我和纪律委员会过招的那段历史 |
[34:36] | I’m a lawyer who goes the distance. | 我可是坚持到底的律师 |
[34:39] | Miss Bingum, if I authorize this procedure, | 宾格温女士 如果我批准这项手术 |
[34:40] | The floodgates will open. | 就相当于打开了防洪闸 |
[34:42] | Any client that wants any experimental procedure | 任何希望做试验性手术的客户 |
[34:44] | Will have a claim. | 都会要求索赔 |
[34:45] | There’s one way around that. | 有个办法能绕过这点 |
[34:48] | You convince the board of directors at Axil Labs | 你说服艾辛实验室的董事会 |
[34:50] | That this particular procedure should be approved. | 告诉他们这项特别手术应予批准 |
[34:55] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[34:56] | I have a conference call set up | 我和艾辛实验室的董事会 |
[34:58] | With the entire board of Axil Labs. | 组织了一次电话会议 |
[35:00] | They’re looking to you for guidance. | 他们正在等你的意见 |
[35:12] | This is Gus Melvoy. | 我是格斯·梅尔沃 |
[35:17] | So, there I was at the summit of mount everest | 我当时站在珠穆朗玛峰之巅 |
[35:21] | When the Sherpa starts screaming. | 夏尔巴人开始尖叫 |
[35:25] | And then… | 接着 |
[35:26] | All the sudden, this – this avalanche of ice | 突然间 崩塌的雪 |
[35:28] | Is coming right towards us. | 朝我们涌来 |
[35:29] | And so, I-I grab the group, and I – | 于是我一把抓过同伴 |
[35:30] | And I get them to take cover behind this – this huge boulder, | 拉他们躲到巨石后面 |
[35:34] | And – and the ice goes right around us. | 雪就那么从我们身边呼啸而过 |
[35:36] | I mean, I-I wouldn’t say that – that I was a “Hero,” | 我并不是说自己是”英雄” |
[35:38] | But, um, I guess that’s what everybody else was saying, so… | 但其他人确实是这么说的 |
[35:41] | Oh, this caviar is delicious. | 这鱼子酱真好吃 |
[35:44] | Where did you say you got it again? | 你之前说在哪里买的 |
[35:45] | Uh, from a fisherman off the caspian sea. | 在里海一个渔民那儿买的 |
[35:48] | It’s beluga, finest in the world. | 白鲟鱼卵 世上最好的鱼子酱 |
[35:50] | And this chocolate is from Belgium? | 这盒巧克力是在比利时买的 |
[35:52] | Yeah, and they’re truffles, | 对 而且是松露巧克力 |
[35:53] | Which makes them more expensive. | 所以价格不菲 |
[35:56] | Mm, when you said you went around the world, | 你说你环游了世界 |
[35:58] | did you mean the World Market in Hollywood? | 是指好莱坞的”国际超市”吗 |
[36:02] | I don’t know what you’re – you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[36:04] | It’s right here. | 因为你买的东西 |
[36:06] | I mean, everything you bought is on this receipt. | 超市的小票上都列着 |
[36:08] | You know what? I am running late. | 那啥 我快迟到了 |
[36:12] | For a, uh – an interview. | 我还有个面试 |
[36:14] | With a rock band… To – to play guitar. | 应征一个摇滚乐队的吉他手 |
[36:16] | You – you remember I- I play guitar, right? | 你记得我会弹吉他吧 |
[36:19] | No. | 不记得 |
[36:20] | Uh, anyway, I-I got to – I’m so sorry. | 好吧 抱歉我该走了 |
[36:22] | It’s – it was good to see you, though, all right? | 很高兴见到你 |
[36:24] | Have a great day. | 祝你今天过得愉快 |
[36:25] | You forgot your shoes! | 你忘了穿鞋 |
[36:30] | All right. Great. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[36:32] | The cardiovascular surgeon just finished the procedure. | 心血管外科医生刚做完手术 |
[36:36] | Everything looks good. | 情况很稳定 |
[36:37] | Thanks, Teri, for pushing me to do this. | 谢谢你泰丽 谢谢你敦促我打这个官司 |
[36:41] | You belong here. | 你属于这里 |
[36:43] | Yeah. I do. | 确实如此 |
[36:50] | Fred, where are your shoes? | 弗雷德 你的鞋呢 |
[36:52] | That’s not important right now. | 这个现在不重要 |
[36:54] | I am here on official guardian angel business. | 我是来履行守护天使的职责 |
[36:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:58] | Remember how you said your heart was beating faster | 还记得你说你跟丈夫在一起 |
[36:59] | And your palms got sweaty | 你会心跳加快 |
[37:00] | – When you were with your husband? – Yeah. | -手心出汗的事吗 -记得 |
[37:02] | Okay, so it’s not just love that elicits that physical response. | 不是只有爱才会引起这种身体反应 |
[37:05] | It can also be anger. | 也可能是愤怒 |
[37:06] | When faced with a threat, | 当人面对威胁时 |
[37:08] | Epinephrine is produced by the adrenal glands, | 肾上腺会分泌肾上腺素 |
[37:10] | Causing your heart to race and your palms to sweat. | 导致心跳加速和手心出汗 |
[37:13] | Did they make you smarter or something? | 他们把你变聪明了吗 |
[37:15] | I looked it up on the internet. | 我上网查的 |
[37:17] | From what I can tell, | 我个人觉得 |
[37:18] | I don’t think that it’s love you’re experiencing. | 你所感受到的并不是爱 |
[37:21] | Although, maybe Jane did love him at one point. | 尽管简可能爱过他 |
[37:23] | Now… | 但现在 |
[37:24] | But now she’s just pissed off. | 现在她只是愤怒 |
[37:26] | And you know what? I’m pissed off for her. | 知道吗 我也替她生气 |
[37:29] | Well, there is only one way to get rid of those feelings. | 要消除这种感觉只有一个办法 |
[37:32] | Xanax? Or cheez whiz? | 阿普唑呛[镇静剂] 还是维兹奶酪 |
[37:34] | Let him know how you feel. He’s, – He’s in the lobby. | 告诉他你的感受 他就在大厅 |
[37:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:45] | Oh, and Fred, | 另外 弗雷德 |
[37:47] | I’m sorry that you had to give up the world for me. | 抱歉你为我放弃了环游世界 |
[37:53] | I- I, uh… | 其实我… |
[37:58] | …I never traveled the world. | 我根本没有环游世界 |
[38:01] | I never even left l.A. | 我甚至没离开洛杉矶 |
[38:04] | But you said – | 可你不是说 |
[38:06] | Yeah, I-I know. | 对 我知道 |
[38:07] | I guess I was just scared to go by myself | 我想我只是不敢一个人去 |
[38:11] | And… | 还有 |
[38:12] | And you were embarrassed to tell me? | 你碍于面子不敢告诉我 |
[38:19] | That…Is so human. | 这…真是太像人类了 |
[38:26] | Weird, huh? | 很怪吧 |
[38:29] | Well, I’m just glad you’re back. | 我很高兴你回来了 |
[38:48] | I was hoping to get a timeline on those divorce papers? | 我想问问离婚协议什么时候弄好 |
[38:50] | One question – | 有个问题 |
[38:51] | When did you apply for that job in argentina? | 你什么时候申请阿根廷那份工作的 |
[38:54] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么这么问 |
[38:59] | About a month before our wedding. | 大概婚前一个月 |
[39:01] | So you knew that you were gonna leave her, | 这么说你婚前就知道 |
[39:02] | even before the wedding? | 会离开”她” |
[39:04] | Her? | “她” |
[39:05] | You know what, Ethan? You’re a dirtbag. | 伊森 你真是个混蛋 |
[39:08] | You treated me like crap. | 你像对垃圾一样对待我 |
[39:11] | And you used me. And I loved you. | 你利用我 而我却爱过你 |
[39:14] | – Jane, I’m so – no, I am still talking! | -简 我…-闭嘴 我还没说完 |
[39:16] | See, I am a really good person, | 我是个实心眼的大好人 |
[39:18] | And I know that I would have still saved your life | 就算你当初告诉我实情 |
[39:22] | Had you been honest with me. | 我也还是会救你 |
[39:23] | So get your own lawyer and draft up the divorce paperwork, | 你自己请律师起草离婚协议吧 |
[39:26] | And I will sign it immediately. | 我会立马签字 |
[39:36] | Feel better? | 好点没 |
[39:37] | Much. | 好多了 |
[39:42] | Jane. | 简 |
[39:45] | Congrats on the hearing. | 恭喜听证会胜诉 |
[39:47] | I’m so glad to see you. I owe you an apology. | 真高兴见到你 我要向你道歉 |
[39:52] | I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about Ethan. | 对不起 我没告诉你伊森的事 |
[39:59] | You were in a difficult position. | 我知道你当时也很为难 |
[40:01] | Does that mean I get another chance? | 这是不是意味着我还有机会 |
[40:10] | Jane, ever since we started dating, | 简 自从我们开始约会 |
[40:13] | I’ve had the feeling | 我一直觉得 |
[40:14] | That your mind’s been on someone else. | 你心里有另一个人 |
[40:18] | Now I know who. | 现在我知道是谁了 |
[40:22] | No. It’s not like that. | 不 不是那样 |
[40:26] | So, there’s no one else? | 这么说没有其他人 |
[40:27] | I want to be with you, Tony. | 我想跟你在一起 托尼 |
[40:31] | And I want the same. | 我也一样 |
[40:32] | But… | 可是 |
[40:36] | There’s nothing wrong with us slowing things down. | 其实慢慢培养感情也不错 |
[40:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:44] | For now. | 暂时如此 |
[40:45] | No, I understand. | 我理解 |
[40:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:51] | I’ll call you. | 我再给你电话 |
[40:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:54] | I will. | 我会的 |
[40:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:13] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[41:15] | Oh, I’m fine. It – it was a great day. | 我很好 今天是个好日子 |
[41:19] | Parker gave a hell of speech, huh? | 帕克的辩护很精彩啊 |
[41:23] | “First thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.” | “第一件该做的事 是杀光所有律师” |
[41:26] | What? | 什么 |
[41:28] | You spoke to him, didn’t you? | 你找他谈过 对吧 |
[41:31] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[41:33] | Well, it sounds more like you than him. | 因为这听上去更像你的口吻 |
[41:37] | Yeah, but – | 对 不过… |
[41:38] | Thank you, Grayson. You’re a good friend. | 谢谢 格雷森 你是个好朋友 |
[41:44] | Yeah, well, I didn’t want you to leave. | 是啊 我可不希望你离开 |
[41:47] | This place wouldn’t be the same without you. | 这里没有你就不一样了 |
[41:53] | Goodnight, Jane. | 晚安 简 |