时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That was me — Deb — | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:05] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up… | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane… | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me are | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | my girlfriend Stacy | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 |
[00:24] | and my guardian angel, Fred. | 和我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:29] | and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:52] | Mmm. That is a work of art. | 真是件艺术品 |
[00:54] | – Just know it’s not gonna go to waste. – What? | -可不能浪费了啊 -什么 |
[00:57] | – Hey! – Hey, yourself. | -嘿 -嘿什么啊 |
[00:58] | Judge Summers’ office called. | 萨莫斯法官来过电话 |
[01:00] | You are being summoned to her chambers. | 传唤你去她办公室 |
[01:02] | She said you missed your last two meetings, | 她说上两次会面你都缺席了 |
[01:04] | so you better be prompt. | 所以你最好快点 |
[01:05] | – What meetings? – No idea. | -什么会面 -我不知道 |
[01:07] | I didn’t schedule them. She sounded annoyed. | 我没有安排过 她好像挺生气的 |
[01:10] | Hmm. I love mushrooms. | 我喜欢蘑菇 |
[01:11] | When did she call? | 她什么时候来的电话 |
[01:12] | About 10 minutes ago. | 大约10分钟之前吧 |
[01:14] | Why didn’t you tell me 10 minutes ago? | 10分钟前你为什么不告诉我 |
[01:16] | I was waiting for you to make me lunch. | 我在等你给我做午饭 |
[01:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:21] | I think I’m in trouble. Teri said she sounded annoyed. | 我想我有麻烦了 泰丽说她好像挺生气 |
[01:24] | Oh, come on. She’s just a judge. | 别紧张 她不过是个法官 |
[01:26] | What can she do to you? | 她能对你怎么样呢 |
[01:28] | She puts people in jail, Stacy. | 她把人们送进监狱 史黛西 |
[01:30] | Then why do you keep blowing her off? | 那你为什么接连放她鸽子啊 |
[01:32] | I didn’t know I was. | 我不知道我有放她鸽子 |
[01:34] | If I go to jail, promise you’ll bail me out. | 如果我入狱 答应我你会来保释我 |
[01:36] | Okay, but not till tomorrow. The shoot is going all night. | 好 但要等到明天 拍摄会持续整晚 |
[01:39] | The yo-ho-hos are kind of perfectionists. | “海盗”可都是完美主义者 |
[01:42] | Sweetie, I got to go, but drive carefully. | 亲爱的 我要挂了 开车小心点 |
[01:45] | It just got real foggy. | 雾可真大 |
[01:51] | Knock, knock. Am I late? I’m late. | 咚咚 我来晚了吗 我来晚了 |
[01:54] | – Am I in trouble? – Big trouble. | -我有麻烦了 -麻烦大了 |
[01:56] | I’ve been reading up on my Funk & Wagnalls… | 我已经研读了芬克&瓦格诺百科全书 |
[01:59] | and I’m definitely gonna kick your butt. | 肯定会让你输的很惨 |
[02:04] | – At scrabble? – No, karate. | -拼字游戏 -不 是空手道 |
[02:06] | Of course scrabble. | 当然是拼字游戏了 |
[02:07] | Running tally — you, 7,642… | 比分榜上 你是7642分 |
[02:11] | me, 7,512. | 我是7512分 |
[02:13] | I never should have challenged you on quetzal. | 我真不该用绿咬鹃这个词挑战你 |
[02:15] | Quetzal. Q-U-E-T-Z-A-L. | 绿咬鹃 Q-U-E-T-Z-A-L |
[02:17] | 77 points without a double letter. | 没有双写字母的77分单词 |
[02:18] | It’s a South American parrot — oh! | 它是一种南美鹦鹉 |
[02:20] | Go ahead. Rub it in. | 继续戳人痛处吧 |
[02:21] | It’ll only make my victory that much sweeter. | 那只会让我更加享受胜利的喜悦 |
[02:23] | We got to hurry up. | 我们要抓紧时间了 |
[02:24] | I only got 45 minutes | 在接连不断的 |
[02:25] | before the parade of human misery begins again. | 人类苦难到来之前 我只有45分钟 |
[02:36] | Him. | 他 |
[02:39] | We need him. | 我们需要他 |
[02:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:49] | Hey, do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[02:49] | I have a client in my office. | 有个客户在我办公室 |
[02:51] | The one who was pointing at me? | 用手指指我的那个吗 |
[02:53] | Her name is Lily, and she’s actually more than a client. | 她的名字叫莉莉 她可不只是个客户 |
[02:56] | She’s an, uh, acquaintance. | 她是个熟人 |
[02:58] | – An acquaintance? – An adviser. | -一个熟人 -一个顾问 |
[03:00] | – Financial? – A psychic. | -金融顾问 -她是灵媒 |
[03:02] | No jokes, no snide remarks. Do not roll your eyeballs. | 别笑话我 别挖苦我 别转你的眼球 |
[03:06] | How about a smirk? | 窃笑可以吗 |
[03:09] | When you walked by just now, she said that she got a… | 你刚才路过的时候 她说她 |
[03:13] | – hit off of you. – Really? | -和你有种感应 -真的吗 |
[03:15] | You’re the last person I thought would fall for that stuff. | 一直觉得你是最不可能相信这种事的人 |
[03:17] | Grayson, she said you’re gonna win her case. | 格雷森 她说你会帮她打赢官司 |
[03:19] | Will you help? | 你会来帮忙吗 |
[03:20] | Who could say no to that? | 谁会对胜利说不呢 |
[03:27] | “Schmoopy”? | “小可耐” |
[03:28] | Triple-word score and a bingo — write it down. | 三倍词 答对了 记下来吧 |
[03:30] | I already gave you mani-pedi. | “修剪指甲”这个词也就算了 |
[03:31] | I’m not giving you that. | 我不能再让步了 |
[03:32] | – It’s a word. – Enlighten me. | -那是个单词 -那你倒是造个句啊 |
[03:33] | “Schmoopy” is what my boyfriend used to call me. | “小可耐” 我男朋友以前就这么称呼我 |
[03:36] | What boyfriend? | 哪个男朋友 |
[03:38] | – Um… – Yeah, that’s what I thought — | -呃 -没错 我就知道 |
[03:40] | made-up word, made-up boyfriend. | 编造单词 编造男朋友 |
[03:42] | Hey, that was really mean. | 喂 太恶毒了吧 |
[03:44] | Oh, no, I’m not judging. I mean, look at me. | 不 我不是在评判你 看看我 |
[03:46] | I’m the one who just dropped 25 grand on that dating service. | 我可是花了2万5千美金给约会中介 |
[03:49] | And what do I have to show for it? Bubkes. | 结果呢 什么也没捞着 |
[03:51] | $25,000? | 2万5千美金 |
[03:53] | You’re the one who found it for me | 是你帮我找的 |
[03:54] | not that I’m blaming you… | 我不是在责怪你 |
[03:56] | but, you know, for that much money, | 但你知道 花了那么多钱 |
[03:57] | I figured they’d find me a prince… | 我以为他们会为我找个王子 |
[03:59] | or at least a Baldwin. | 或者至少是个鲍德温那样的 |
[04:01] | – Ooh, yeah, but not the younger one. – No. | -是呀 但不要是年小的那个 -没错 |
[04:03] | Well, I hope you got your money back. | 我希望你能把钱要回来 |
[04:05] | I called. They said they fulfilled their end of the bargain. | 我打过电话 他们说他们履行了合约 |
[04:08] | Well, that’s unacceptable. | 让人难以接受 |
[04:10] | Yeah, well, I didn’t want to cause a stink. | 是的 我不想惹一身骚 |
[04:12] | You know, I have enough conflict in my day job. | 工作上的各种冲突我已经受够了 |
[04:14] | – Do you know what you need? – Mm-hmm — two W’s and a “Q”. | -知道你需要什么吗 -两个W一个Q |
[04:17] | A good lawyer. | 一名优秀的律师 |
[04:18] | First thing tomorrow, you’re coming to my office, | 明早第一件事 你来我办公室 |
[04:20] | and we’re getting your money back. | 我们来把你的钱要回来 |
[04:21] | All right, fine, but I’m still challenging you on “Schmoopy”. | 好的 不过我还是反对”小可耐”这个单词 |
[04:24] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[04:32] | – Why is she staring at me? – People will tell you… | -她为什么盯着我看 -人们会告诉你 |
[04:35] | the eyes are the window to the soul. Don’t buy it. | 眼睛是心灵的窗户 别信那一套 |
[04:39] | – No? – It’s the eyebrows. | -别信 -眉毛才是 |
[04:41] | Eyebrows draw attention to the eyes… | 眉毛把注意力引向了眼睛 |
[04:44] | playing a key role in the sexual dance between love and lust. | 在爱欲纠结的性感舞蹈里起关键作用 |
[04:49] | Lily, why don’t you catch us up? | 莉莉 为什么我们不先谈谈正事呢 |
[04:50] | I should have seen this coming. | 我早该知道会有这一天的 |
[04:52] | The day after father died, | 我父亲过世的第二天 |
[04:53] | mercury transited into sagittarius… | 水星经过射手座 |
[04:56] | and that wreaks havoc on familial partnerships. | 严重破坏了家族性的合伙关系 |
[05:00] | Yeah, well, we all missed that one. | 是呀 我们都没注意到这点 |
[05:01] | Mm, sarcasm — | 哎哟 挖苦 |
[05:04] | The last refuge of modest people… | 当谦逊的人们的灵魂受到侵犯时 |
[05:08] | when their soul is invaded. | 挖苦是最后的避难所 |
[05:10] | Dostoyevsky. | 陀思妥耶夫斯基说的 |
[05:12] | So, you and your sister, Tessa, | 那么 你和你的妹妹泰莎 |
[05:14] | inherited your father’s shop. | 继承了你爸爸的事业 |
[05:15] | Yeah, the Third Eye Psychic Shop in Santa Monica. | 是的 圣塔莫尼卡的第三只眼灵媒店 |
[05:18] | It’s been there for 60 years. | 已经有60年历史了 |
[05:20] | Father was an immense talent. | 父亲天赋极高 |
[05:23] | He told Elvis to enlist, | 他告诉猫王去从军 |
[05:24] | Angelina to adopt. | 让安吉莉娜收养孩子 |
[05:26] | After he passed, | 他过世之后 |
[05:27] | we were supposed to run the shop together. | 我们本来是要一起经营这家店的 |
[05:30] | But that didn’t work out? | 但是却没能实现 |
[05:32] | You ever try putting a pair of hamsters in a duffel bag? | 你有没有试过在一个行李袋中装两只仓鼠 |
[05:35] | Like that — and then three months ago, she up and left. | 这也一样 三个月前她离开了 |
[05:38] | To open a competing store across the street. | 在马路对面开了一间店来竞争 |
[05:41] | And she calls it The Third I — | 她的店叫第三只烟灵媒店 |
[05:44] | “I”, as opposed to “Eye”. | 烟和眼同音 |
[05:47] | Did your father leave a will? | 你父亲有留遗嘱吗 |
[05:49] | Father? No. Thought he’d live forever. | 父亲 没有 本以为他不会死呢 |
[05:53] | For all of his gifts, he didn’t see the big picture. | 尽管他天赋异禀 却没看到最关键的一环 |
[05:58] | Thin eyebrows… | 眉毛稀疏 |
[06:00] | unlike you. | 不像你 |
[06:03] | Which means his estate | 也就意味着他的财产 |
[06:04] | will pass on to both of you in equal shares. | 会按等分原则分配给你们俩 |
[06:07] | She refuses to work with me. | 她拒绝和我共事 |
[06:08] | Tessa’s sent out flyers using father’s name… | 泰莎以父亲的名义给通讯录中的 |
[06:11] | to everyone on our mailing list | 每个人都发了传单 |
[06:13] | as if she were the true legacy. | 就好像她才是真正的遗产继承人 |
[06:16] | Are you saying your sister didn’t share your… | 你是说你妹妹没有你的… |
[06:20] | powers? | 法力 |
[06:21] | They’re referred to as gifts. | 他们称这为天赋 |
[06:23] | Gifts, powers, who gives a rat’s ass? | 天赋 法力 谁在乎啊 |
[06:25] | We both got them up the hoo-ha. | 反正我们都有通灵的能力 |
[06:27] | That’s what makes it so sad. | 这才让人难过 |
[06:29] | I mean, if we were a couple of hacks, | 我是说 如果我们是一对没有天赋的人 |
[06:31] | I’d turn the shop into a falafel stand | 我会把店改成卖沙拉三明治的 |
[06:32] | and call it a day. | 不再追究 |
[06:33] | She is confusing the marketplace. | 她在误导市场 |
[06:36] | – It’s a long shot. – But you can win it. | -胜算很小 -但你会打赢的 |
[06:38] | – Oh, I didn’t say that. – You don’t have to. | -我可没那么说 -不用你说 |
[06:45] | Scrabble? | 拼字游戏 |
[06:47] | Oh, you pick seven tiles with different letters. | 你要选七张字母不同的字母牌 |
[06:49] | Yeah, I know the game. | 是 我知道这个游戏 |
[06:50] | But why isn’t it on your calendar? | 但为什么没在你的日程表里 |
[06:51] | Is it some kind of dirty scrabble… | 是不是那种下流拼字游戏 |
[06:53] | like strip poker or naked twister? | 就像脱衣扑克或是裸体扭扭乐之类的 |
[06:55] | Who plays that, Teri? | 谁玩那个啊 泰丽 |
[06:57] | No, my clothes stayed on. | 不是那种 我没脱衣服 |
[06:59] | Um, put it on my calendar | 把这个写进我日程表吧 |
[07:01] | for the third Tuesday of every month, okay? | 每个月的第三个周二 好吧 |
[07:02] | – Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t even — – Jane, right? | -很抱歉 我没有… -简 是吧 |
[07:06] | – Yes. How did you know? – Don’t worry, Jane. | -是啊 你怎么知道的 -别担心 简 |
[07:09] | You won’t be alone for long. | 你不会孤单太久的 |
[07:12] | And stay away from chili. It’s murder on the pancreas. | 还有远离辣椒 那玩意可是胰脏杀手 |
[07:18] | – Who was that? – Kim’s client, a psychic — | -这是谁啊 -金的客户 一个灵媒 |
[07:22] | one rung below mimes and balloon artists. | 地位比哑剧演员和气球艺术家还低 |
[07:24] | Well, she knew my name, so she must be good. | 她知道我的名字 所以她肯定挺不错的 |
[07:26] | Yeah, she either read your soul, | 是啊 她要么是读懂了你的灵魂 |
[07:28] | or she read your in-box. | 要么是看见了你的收件箱 |
[07:31] | And the psychic had this | 那个灵媒仿佛 |
[07:33] | look like she could totally see through me. | 能完全看穿我 |
[07:35] | Hmm. Were you wearing your blue-silk top… | 你是不是穿了那件蓝绸上衣… |
[07:38] | ’cause in the right light, you can totally see your… | 因为灯光角度合适的话 就能看到你的… |
[07:41] | That’s not you at the door, is it? | 不是你在敲门吧 |
[07:43] | No. | 不是我 |
[07:44] | But if you’re scared, | 但是如果你害怕 |
[07:46] | there’s a croquet mallet under my bed. | 我床底下有个长柄木槌 |
[07:51] | Hello? | 你好 |
[07:53] | Jane. | 简 |
[08:00] | How about letting me in? | 请我进去如何 |
[08:03] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[08:04] | Jane? | 简 |
[08:12] | God, I miss deli food. Even gherkins. | 天啊 我想念熟食品 甚至是腌黄瓜 |
[08:17] | Can we go back to the part about you being here for good? | 我们能不能谈谈你要永远待在这里这件事 |
[08:20] | Oh, I couldn’t concentrate up there. | 我在”上面”无法集中精力 |
[08:22] | I was sending bad people to heaven and vice versa. | 我把坏人送去天堂 好人送去地狱 |
[08:25] | – Because of Stacy? – She’s all I could think about. | -因为史黛西吗 -我满脑子想的全是她 |
[08:28] | There’s a loophole in my contract, | 我合同里有个漏洞 |
[08:30] | and I gave up my guardian-angel status… | 我放弃了守护天使的身份 |
[08:31] | to return to earth as one of you. | 回到地球成为你们中的一员 |
[08:34] | Wait a minute. You traded heaven… | 等一下 你为了史黛西 |
[08:37] | – for Stacy? – I didn’t have a choice. | -放弃了天堂 -我没别的选择 |
[08:41] | – After that kiss — – No, no, no. | -在那个吻之后 -不 不 不 |
[08:42] | Her memory’s been erased. She doesn’t know who you are. | 她的记忆被擦除了 她都不认识你 |
[08:45] | She fell for me once, | 她爱上过我一次 |
[08:46] | so I know that it can happen. | 所以我知道那还会发生的 |
[08:48] | Listen, it was a long trip, | 听着 这是一段漫长的旅行 |
[08:50] | so I should probably get back to your condo. | 所以我该回你的公寓去了 |
[08:53] | Oh. After you left, I rented it out. | 在你走后 我把它租出去了 |
[08:57] | Okay. Just a little bump in the road. | 好吧 只不过是路上的一些小麻烦 |
[09:02] | What about my job? | 我的工作呢 |
[09:03] | The firm replaced you. They hired someone else. | 公司找人代替了你 他们雇了别人 |
[09:06] | Of course they did. | 他们当然会这么做 |
[09:10] | You can crash on the sofa. | 你可以先在沙发上将就将就 |
[09:11] | But try and be out of here before Stacy gets here in the morning. | 但是要在史黛西明早回来之前离开 |
[09:17] | No one is more frustrated than I | 当客户很难找到伴侣时 |
[09:19] | when a client struggles to find a match. | 没有人比我更有挫败感了 |
[09:21] | Yeah, I’m sure you feel awful. | 是呀 我确信你感觉”糟透”了 |
[09:23] | We would like a full refund. | 我们想要全额退款 |
[09:25] | All due respect, my client fulfilled their end of the contract. | 恕我直言 我的客户完全履行了合约 |
[09:28] | Oh, really, because my client is still single? | 真的吗 因为我的客户还是单身 |
[09:31] | The service provided her with 28 prospective matches. | 中介已经提供给她28位合适的人选 |
[09:34] | – Frogs. – Excuse me? | -都是青蛙 -什么 |
[09:35] | Miss Hall provided Judge Summers with 28 individual dates. | 霍尔小姐为萨莫斯法官提供了28次单独约会 |
[09:39] | Not one led to a second date. | 没有一个人提出第二次约会 |
[09:40] | Do you know what we call guys like that? | 你知道我们怎么称呼他们吗 |
[09:42] | – Frogs? – Frogs. | -青蛙 -青蛙 |
[09:43] | As in you got to kiss a lot of. | 意思是亲了好多次也变不成王子 |
[09:45] | – Oh, you find that funny? – No. | -你觉得这很有趣 -不是 |
[09:49] | A little. | 有点意思 |
[09:52] | Um, your contract guarantees an acceptable match… | 你们的合约保证三个月内 |
[09:55] | with whom a member completes multiple dates within a three-month period. | 在多次约会后提供合适的伴侣 |
[09:59] | There were no multiple dates. | 可是没有多次约会 |
[10:00] | In fact, some of the guys didn’t make it till the entree. | 事实上 有些家伙上主菜的时候才姗姗来迟 |
[10:03] | – Whose fault is that? – Excuse me? | -那是谁的错 -你说什么 |
[10:06] | I’m just saying the client is very picky. | 我只是说客户是很挑剔的 |
[10:09] | She is a highly intelligent | 她是个高智商女性 |
[10:10] | woman whose standards are of a certain caliber… | 标准自然高一点 |
[10:12] | which is precisely why she came to you. | 正是如此她才去找你 |
[10:15] | Madeline, I understand you’re frustrated. | 玛德琳 我知道你很沮丧 |
[10:16] | Really? What gave it away? | 真的吗 你怎么知道 |
[10:19] | Look, my husband passed away four years ago. | 听着 我丈夫四年前过世 |
[10:23] | I’m not looking for a fairy tale. | 我不是在乞求童话 |
[10:25] | I just want someone who doesn’t get on my nerves. | 我只是想找个让我舒服点的人 |
[10:28] | I have an idea. If you’re open to it… | 我有个提议 如果你能接受 |
[10:30] | Every month, we host a mixer, | 每个月 我们都会组织配对晚宴 |
[10:32] | invite all the clients. | 邀请所有的客户 |
[10:33] | And I don’t believe you’ve been to any of them. | 我记得你好像一次都没有去过 |
[10:36] | No. | 是的 |
[10:36] | We’re having one tonight at Bar Boca. | 我们今晚在博卡酒吧就有一次活动 |
[10:38] | Ooh, I love their Appletinis. | 我喜欢那的苹果马提尼酒 |
[10:41] | They’re good. | 很不错 |
[10:42] | I have a very good feeling about tonight’s group. | 我对今晚的这拨人很有信心 |
[10:45] | Well, I’m not really much into mixers. | 我对配对晚宴不感兴趣 |
[10:48] | If you will excuse me. | 我先失陪了 |
[10:54] | Miss Hall, do you really think | 霍尔小姐 你真的觉得 |
[10:55] | there will be an appropriate match at this event? | 这次晚宴里会有合适的人选吗 |
[10:57] | I already have someone in mind. | 我心里已经有几个人选了 |
[11:06] | So, what did they give you, cash or check? | 他们给了你什么 现金还是支票 |
[11:08] | I think you should go tonight. | 我觉得你今晚应该去 |
[11:09] | I knew you were gonna say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[11:11] | What if tonight’s the night you meet the one? | 如果今晚你遇到你的如意郎君呢 |
[11:13] | What if tonight’s the night an asteroid lands on Bar Boca? | 如果今晚小行星陨落在博卡酒吧呢 |
[11:15] | Well, then, I’ll sue for wrongful death. Win-win. | 那样我就会起诉意外致死 双赢 |
[11:17] | Except you’ll be dead, too, | 告你个头啊 你也死翘翘了 |
[11:20] | because you’re coming with me. | 因为你要陪我一起去 |
[11:36] | Jane, you’re home early. | 简 你回家很早啊 |
[11:41] | Hi. Uh, I didn’t know you’d be home yet. | 我不知道你回来了 |
[11:43] | Oh, my God. You’re robbing us and baking? | 天呐 你入室抢劫还烤东西吃 |
[11:46] | Listen, I know you don’t remember me, but, um — | 听着 我知道你不记得我 但是 |
[11:48] | Drop your weapon! | 放下你的武器 |
[11:49] | It’s not a weapon. It’s a whisk. | 这不是武器 只是搅拌器 |
[11:51] | – Drop it! – Stacy, it’s me, Fred. | -放下它 -史黛西 是我弗雷德 |
[11:52] | We kissed. | 我们接过吻 |
[11:53] | – Kiss this, buddy. – No, no, no! Aah! | -吻它吧 老兄 -不不不 啊 |
[11:55] | God! Geez! | 天呐 哎呀 |
[11:58] | Call Jane. | 打电话给简 |
[12:05] | You know I loathe sweet grass. | 你知道我讨厌白菖蒲 |
[12:07] | Aw, but it is so cleansing. | 但是有净化功效 |
[12:10] | Sage is cleansing. | 鼠尾草才有净化功效 |
[12:11] | Sweet grass is a Rastafarian street vendor. | 白菖蒲是塔法里教的街头小贩用的 |
[12:13] | Maybe we should get this moving | 或许我们应该在消防局的人出现以前 |
[12:15] | before the fire marshal shows up. | 赶紧谈正事 |
[12:16] | We appreciate you both coming in. | 我们十分感谢你们二位的到来 |
[12:18] | We’re only here as a courtesy. | 我们来这里只是出于礼貌 |
[12:19] | My client’s done nothing wrong. | 我的客户没做错什么 |
[12:21] | She’s killing the business! | 她在毁掉家族生意 |
[12:23] | I mean, she might as well take a can of gas and torch the joint. | 她的行为就像是用一罐燃气点燃店铺 |
[12:26] | Don’t be so dramatic. | 别说得和唱戏的一样 |
[12:28] | You’re the one doing that… thing with your voice. | 你才唱戏呢 不用自己的声音说话 |
[12:30] | This is how I talk. | 我就是这么说话的 |
[12:33] | – Ow! What the hell?! – That’s how you talk! | -哎哟 搞什么啊 -这才是你说话的声音 |
[12:36] | And dressing like Anne Boleyn? Give me a break. | 穿得像安妮·博林一样 得了吧你 |
[12:38] | And what’s with those scarves, sis? | 那围巾是怎么回事 姐姐 |
[12:40] | You trying to hide an extra chin? | 你想遮掩掉双下巴吗 |
[12:41] | You want to borrow one? We can play Isadora Duncan. | 你想借吗 我们可以扮演伊莎多拉·邓肯 |
[12:43] | Ladies, let’s focus, please. | 女士们 让我们回到主题 好吧 |
[12:46] | We’re prepared to file an injunction to close you down… | 我们准备申请禁制令 让你们店关闭 |
[12:49] | unless you change the name of your store | 除非你改变店名 |
[12:50] | and relocate to no closer than five miles away. | 并且搬到5英里以外的地方 |
[12:52] | Not a chance. | 没门儿 |
[12:55] | You know, just because | 就因为你是年长的那个 |
[12:55] | you’re the oldest and think you’re entitled… | 就认为你有特权 |
[12:57] | but I’m the one who studied with Madame Weitzman in Prague. | 我才是在布拉格跟韦茨曼太太学习的那个人 |
[13:00] | She was a drunk who ran a youth hostel. | 她是个开青年旅社的酒鬼 |
[13:03] | I think we all need a cooling-off period. | 我觉得我们都需要时间冷静一下 |
[13:05] | How about we take a break and reconvene later? | 休息一会 晚会儿再讨论 如何 |
[13:07] | Reconvene? What happened to jumping in and saving the day? | 再讨论 不是说全力投入 一天搞定吗 |
[13:10] | I guess the universe hasn’t told me what to say yet. | 我想老天还没告诉我要怎么说 |
[13:13] | You are killing the business! | 你在毁掉家族生意 |
[13:15] | Your heart chakra needs a triple bypass. | 你的心轮需要三倍支脉 |
[13:18] | You have such anger. No wonder you’ve been married six times. | 你脾气这么臭 怪不得结了六次婚 |
[13:21] | Ooh, said the single woman… with eight cats. | 养着八只猫的单身女人有什么资格说我 |
[13:29] | – What? – Schmoopy is still close. | -什么 -“小可耐”还在附近 |
[13:35] | – Did you say — – You heard me. | -你是说… -你听到我说什么了 |
[13:47] | – Better? – She pepper-sprayed me. | -好点了吗 -她用胡椒喷雾喷我 |
[13:49] | – I warned you. – I know, but I thought that — | -我警告过你 -我知道 但我原以为 |
[13:51] | What, that she would see a complete stranger in her house… | 她看见个完全陌生的人出现在自己家 |
[13:54] | and think, “That’s the kind of guy I should be dating”? | 还想着”这就是我要约会的那种人”吗 |
[13:56] | But I am that guy. She just doesn’t remember. | 但我就是那个人 她只是不记得了 |
[13:58] | Fred, she thinks of you as the crazy, | 弗雷德 她觉得你是个闯入别人家 |
[14:01] | souffl cooking, home-invader guy. | 烤蛋奶酥的疯子 |
[14:03] | You have to help me change that. | 你要帮我改变她对我的看法 |
[14:05] | I have done everything I can do. | 能做的我都做了 |
[14:06] | I told her you were an old friend who’s down on his luck… | 我告诉她你是个老朋友近来倒大楣 |
[14:09] | and that you’re sleeping on the couch for a while. | 你会在沙发上借住一段时间 |
[14:11] | – How does that help? – What do you want me to do? | -那有什么用 -那你想让我怎么做 |
[14:14] | Help her see that I could be her type. | 帮她认识到我是她喜欢的类型 |
[14:16] | But you’re not! | 但你不是 |
[14:19] | You rest. Stacy and I are gonna be out late. | 你先休息吧 史黛西和我会很晚才回来 |
[14:22] | We have to go meet Judge Summers. | 我们要去见萨莫斯法官 |
[14:26] | – Is this okay for the mixer? – Oh, my God. | -穿这身去晚宴可以吗 -天啊 |
[14:29] | Are you sure the judge is going to want me there? | 你确定法官想让我也去吗 |
[14:31] | You could stay here and take care of me. | 你可以留在家照顾我 |
[14:34] | – I refilled my pepper spray. – Understood. | -我又装满了胡椒喷雾 -知道了 |
[15:08] | Well… I didn’t expect to see you so soon. | 没想到你这么快就来了 |
[15:12] | – But you knew I was coming? – Of course. | -你知道我会来 -当然 |
[15:19] | $50 for contact? | 通灵一次50美元 |
[15:20] | With the deceased — loved ones, parents, girlfriends. | 与死去的爱人 父母 女友通灵 |
[15:25] | It’s my specialty. | 这是我的专长 |
[15:29] | You know what? This was a mistake. | 你知道吗 这是个错误 |
[15:31] | I- I really shouldn’t be speaking with you at all. | 我不应该和你私下交谈 |
[15:33] | No. I don’t believe in mistakes. | 不 我不相信错误 |
[15:37] | And we’re not really going to be talking about the case, are we? | 我们真正要谈的不是案子 对吧 |
[15:43] | Just tuck it behind your ear. | 把头发掖在耳后 |
[15:45] | – Would you tell her to stop it? – All right, Stacy. | -你能让她停下来吗 -好了 史黛西 |
[15:47] | I’m just trying to get her hair a little more fun. | 我只是想让她的头发变得更有趣 |
[15:49] | Yeah, well, my hair doesn’t like fun. | 我的头发不喜欢有趣 |
[15:51] | My hair likes a good book, a glass of Chablis, | 我的头发喜欢好书 夏布利酒[一种法国的白葡萄酒] |
[15:53] | and bed before “Nightline”. | 在《新闻夜航》播出前就睡觉 |
[15:54] | I think what Stacy’s trying to | 我想史黛西想说的是 |
[15:56] | say is that it’s all about first impressions… | 给别人的第一印象很重要 |
[15:58] | – at an event like this. – So true. | -尤其是这样的活动 -对极了 |
[16:00] | Well, first impressions are a lie, okay? | 第一印象是骗人的 好不 |
[16:03] | That’s why I don’t believe | 所以我不相信 |
[16:04] | in blush or teeth whitening or hair dye. | 腮红 牙齿美白 还有染发剂 |
[16:06] | Sooner or later, they’re gonna get to know who you really are. | 迟早他们会知道你真正的样子 |
[16:08] | And I say life is short. | 要我说 生命如此短暂 |
[16:09] | Why not make it sooner? | 为什么不让他们早点知道呢 |
[16:10] | Madeline, | 玛德琳 |
[16:11] | I know that a function like this can seem overwhelming. | 我知道像这样的活动给你很大压力 |
[16:14] | Yes. I’d rather have a root canal. | 是的 我宁愿去做牙齿根管治疗 |
[16:16] | Aha, then you are in luck. | 哈 那你运气不错 |
[16:18] | The guy in the blue blazer, | 那边穿蓝西服的那个人 |
[16:19] | I saw him sign in — oral surgeon. | 我看到他签到写的是口腔外科医生 |
[16:21] | He had crooked teeth. Go figure. | 他牙齿参差不齐 肯定不称职 |
[16:24] | Moving on, let’s review small talk. | 继续正题 让我们复习下和人闲谈 |
[16:27] | So, when a guy looks at you from across the room… | 当一个男人在房间那头望着你的时候 |
[16:30] | and he gives you the puffy chest and the perky eyebrow… | 他胸膛起伏 眉毛神气活现 |
[16:32] | and the curled-lip thing, you go up to him and say — | 嘴唇还上翘 你就过去对他说 |
[16:36] | “Excuse me, are you having a stroke?” | 不好意思 你是不是中风了 |
[16:38] | – All right. Clearly, this was a bad idea. – I’m kidding. | -好吧 显然这是个馊主意 -我开玩笑的 |
[16:42] | I’m going in. | 我要发动攻势了 |
[16:44] | Look at the variety of men here. | 看这边各式各样的男人啊 |
[16:45] | Maybe I should try a dating service. | 或许我应该试试约会中介 |
[16:48] | Right, ’cause you have so much trouble finding men. | 是哦 因为找男人对你来说挺”困难”的 |
[16:50] | Sometimes, I feel like I | 有时候 我感觉我在 |
[16:52] | just keep meeting the same guy over and over. | 反复地和同一个人约会 |
[16:55] | Well, maybe you should broaden your search. | 或许你应该扩展一下狩猎范围 |
[16:57] | – What do you mean? – Like, instead of jocks… | -什么意思 -比如 除了运动员 |
[17:00] | you try another type… | 你也试试其它的类型 |
[17:02] | like a cute but somewhat awkward shorter guy… | 比如可爱 有些笨拙 |
[17:06] | with small biceps — | 二头肌不发达的矮个子 |
[17:08] | someone who doesn’t take you for granted… | 某个会十分珍惜你 |
[17:10] | and who would give up everything just to be with you. | 为了和你在一起可以放弃一切的人 |
[17:16] | You are so wacky when you drink. | 你喝酒之后总是古古怪怪的 |
[17:19] | I’m gonna go look around. | 我去四处转转 |
[17:28] | Her death was very sudden. | 她死得很突然 |
[17:30] | It was. There’s also an obituary that says so. | 是的 讣告也都说过了 |
[17:34] | I don’t read the papers. | 我不看报纸 |
[17:35] | – Her name was — – Oh. | -她的名字叫 -哦 |
[17:38] | – I’m getting a “D”. – Deb. | -我通灵到一个D -黛比 |
[17:41] | She’s a strong presence. | 她有很强的存在感 |
[17:43] | – She was. – Not was, is. | -以前是的 -不是以前 是现在 |
[17:48] | She’s still a part of your life. | 她仍然是你生活的一部分 |
[17:49] | – You feel that, don’t you? – I don’t know. | -你感觉到了 对吧 -我不知道 |
[17:52] | I don’t really buy into any of this. | 我不太信这一套 |
[17:54] | Then why are you here? | 那你为什么来这里 |
[17:55] | ‘Cause if there’s even a chance that you can… | 因为假如有一点希望 你能做到 |
[17:58] | I want to know… | 我想知道 |
[18:03] | for the first time since Deb… | 自从黛比离开我 这是第一次 |
[18:07] | You find yourself thinking of someone else. | 你发现自己想着其他人 |
[18:10] | It’s okay. She wants you to be happy. | 没关系的 她想要你开心 |
[18:13] | What if you’re just telling me what I want to hear? | 如果你只是说我想听的话呢 |
[18:17] | That’s what I’m getting from Deb, | 这是我从黛比那里听到的 |
[18:20] | but it’s for you to decide. | 但还要由你来决定 |
[18:37] | – Is this you and Lily? – Yeah. | -这是你和莉莉吗 -是的 |
[18:41] | You were close, weren’t you? | 你们以前很亲密 是吧 |
[18:47] | Now you’re being quiet. | 这会儿你沉默了 |
[18:50] | You know… | 你知道 |
[18:52] | it’s odd to keep a photo of someone you can’t even talk to. | 保留跟你合不来的人的照片挺奇怪的 |
[18:58] | It’s late. | 时候不早了 |
[19:01] | And if we’re done here, I’m closing up. | 如果我们谈完了 我要关门了 |
[19:09] | The crazy thing is my parents wanted me to go into the arts. | 不可思议的是 我父母想让我学艺术 |
[19:12] | And I said, “Ma… I want to be a doctor.” | 我说 妈妈 我想要当医生 |
[19:15] | You’re boring yourself there, uh… Mark? | 你觉得挺无聊的 马克 |
[19:18] | Uh, sorry. It was a long day. | 不好意思 这真是漫长的一天 |
[19:20] | Mm. Up past your bedtime? Why don’t you go get some rest? | 过了就寝时间 你为何不去休息下呢 |
[19:31] | – Madeline? – Yeah. | -玛德琳 -在 |
[19:32] | I’d like to introduce you to Martin Donnelly. | 我想介绍你认识马丁·唐纳利 |
[19:34] | Diana speaks very highly of you. | 黛安娜高度称赞你 |
[19:36] | Well, hello, Martin. | 你好 马丁 |
[19:38] | At least he’s the right age range. Why don’t you sit down? | 至少他年龄相仿 何不坐下来谈呢 |
[19:40] | Maybe we’ll reminisce about the Nixon administration. | 或许我们可以追忆下尼克松政府 |
[19:45] | I’ll leave you to it. | 我不打扰你们了 |
[19:48] | Getting hazard pay for this one? | 干这个有危险工作津贴吗 |
[19:50] | Am I gonna need it, Tony? | 我需要吗 托尼 |
[19:52] | Just trying to break the ice, Jane. | 只是想打破沉默 简 |
[19:54] | Why? | 为什么呢 |
[19:56] | Seems like the thing to do. We’re both in the same field. | 跟着感觉走嘛 我们干同一行 |
[20:00] | We are allowed to have a | 又没有在公堂上对簿 |
[20:01] | conversation that’s not adversarial, I think. | 我想随便聊聊还是被允许的 |
[20:05] | Well, between you and me… | 那好 那就说说大实话 |
[20:07] | wouldn’t it be easier if | 你的客户退款给我的客户 |
[20:08] | your client just paid my client the refund? | 不是更简单一点吗 |
[20:11] | Maybe, but… | 也许吧 不过 |
[20:14] | that would be like a, uh, failure to Diana. | 那样对黛安娜来说有挫败感 |
[20:17] | – And she doesn’t like failure. – Aw, shoot. | -她不喜欢挫败感 -真是糟糕 |
[20:26] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[20:27] | Um, that’s a business card. | 是名片 |
[20:31] | You know, in some cultures, they actually exchange them. | 在某些文化中 人们要互换名片 |
[20:33] | You know, in case you ever want to go to dinner, | 万一你想一起吃顿饭 |
[20:35] | you know, talk about the case or… | 聊聊案子 又或者 |
[20:37] | not talk about the case. | 不聊案子 |
[20:41] | I’m sorry. Did you just ask me out? | 抱歉 你刚才在约我吗 |
[20:45] | – That would be inappropriate, right. – Yeah. | -那样很不合适 对吧 -没错 |
[20:47] | – At least at this moment? – Yeah. | -起码现在不合适 -是的 |
[20:50] | The thing is, uh, I think | 问题是 我觉得 |
[20:52] | your complaint against Diana is about to go away. | 你对黛安娜的诉讼快要撤销了 |
[21:03] | – She looks happy. – Mm-hmm. | -她看起来很开心 -嗯嗯 |
[21:06] | Excuse us. | 打扰一下 |
[21:10] | Code red. | 红色警报 |
[21:10] | The guy with the judge — I know him. | 和法官在一起的那个男的 我认识 |
[21:12] | He sold me a car. | 他卖给我一辆车 |
[21:13] | Salesmen are nice and stable. | 推销员工作很稳定嘛 |
[21:15] | In that deodorant commercial I did last year… | 在我去年演得除臭剂广告里 |
[21:17] | he played a salesman with B.O. | 他扮演有体臭的推销员 |
[21:19] | He’s an actor, unemployed. | 他是个演员 失业了 |
[21:20] | There is no way he can afford a dating service like this. | 他不可能负担起这种中介的费用 |
[21:23] | Oh, my God. | 哦天呐 |
[21:24] | You shouldn’t have to pay $25,000 to meet unemployed actors. | 人不应该付两万五千美金和失业的演员约会 |
[21:27] | You can meet them for free at Jerry’s Deli. | 在杰里熟食店 你可以免费见他 |
[21:29] | Diana hired him to charm Judge Summers. | 黛安娜雇他来迷惑萨莫斯法官 |
[21:35] | You are actually quite charming. | 你的确挺有吸引力的 |
[21:38] | – We have to go. – Jane, this is Martin. | -我们该走了 -简 这是马丁 |
[21:42] | Hi, Martin. Nice to meet you. | 嗨 马丁 很高兴见到你 |
[21:44] | Good luck with your auditions. | 祝你试镜成功 |
[21:45] | – Ready? Let’s go. – Hmm? | -好了吗 我们走 -呃 |
[21:48] | Excuse me. I’ll be right back. | 不好意思 我马上回来 |
[21:52] | I cannot believe I fell for it. | 真不敢相信我竟然中计了 |
[21:53] | Don’t blame yourself. I’ve seen his work. He’s good. | 别责备自己 我看过他的表演 演技不错 |
[21:55] | “We’ll go to the mixer. You’ll meet the man of your dreams.” | 我们要去晚宴 你会见到你的梦中情人 |
[21:58] | – I was wrong. – Right. | -我错了 -是的 |
[21:59] | But now I’m gonna make that woman pay. | 但是我要让那个女人付出代价 |
[22:01] | We’ll file for fraud, intent to deceive, false advertising. | 我们起诉她诈骗 意图欺骗和虚假广告 |
[22:03] | – Are you emotionally distressed? – Look at this face! | -你是不是心情抑郁了 -看看这张脸 |
[22:05] | Punitive damages. | 还有惩罚性损失赔偿 |
[22:08] | – What? – “Punitive” — it’s a funny word. | -怎么了 -惩罚 这个词挺有趣的 |
[22:12] | – But this is very serious. – You’re damn right it is. | -但是本案是很严肃的 -说的太对了 |
[22:16] | And tomorrow, Diana Hall will regret this. | 明天黛安娜·霍尔就会后悔她的所作所为 |
[22:27] | You have to remember to ask her why she picked Martin for me. | 你要记得问她为什么要选马丁给我 |
[22:30] | For the last time, I am not going to ask that. | 再说最后一遍 我不会问那个的 |
[22:32] | – Jane — – Just let me do my job. | -简 -让我做好本职工作 |
[22:34] | – Is there a problem, Miss Bingum? – No, your honor. | -有问题吗 宾格温小姐 -没有 法官大人 |
[22:39] | Miss Hall, | 霍尔小姐 |
[22:41] | how much did you charge my client for your dating service? | 你的中介服务向我的客户收取多少钱 |
[22:45] | $25,000. | 两万五千美金 |
[22:47] | $25,000. | 两万五千美金 |
[22:50] | You set up my client with a man named Martin Donnelly. | 你安排我的客户和一位名叫马丁·唐纳利的人见面 |
[22:53] | How much did he pay for your dating service? | 他为中介付了多少钱 |
[22:55] | Nothing. | 没付钱 |
[22:57] | Miss Hall, I have your service contract here. | 霍尔小姐 我这有你的服务合约 |
[23:00] | Will you just point to the place where it says that… | 可否请你指出哪里有说 |
[23:03] | for their $25,000… | 付了两万五千美金 |
[23:05] | you will be introducing your clients to unemployed actors… | 你却给客户介绍失业的演员 |
[23:08] | who have paid nothing to attend your mixers? | 他不用付中介费还可以参加晚宴 |
[23:11] | It doesn’t. | 没有写 |
[23:13] | Nothing further. | 没其他问题了 |
[23:18] | Why didn’t you ask her why she chose Martin for me? | 你怎么不问她为什么选马丁给我 |
[23:20] | Because it is not relevant. Shh. | 因为那和案子无关 嘘 |
[23:23] | Miss Hall, why was Mr. Donnelly given a free membership? | 霍尔小姐 为什么唐纳利先生是免费会员 |
[23:28] | A person is more than the size of their wallet. | 看人不能光看他有多少钱 |
[23:31] | If I think that a candidate is special… | 如果我觉得候选者很特别 |
[23:33] | and he or she passes our | 他或她也通过了我们的 |
[23:35] | extensive background and vetting process… | 全面背景审核 |
[23:38] | then I will sometimes offer a free membership. | 我有时会给他们免费会员资格 |
[23:41] | So Mr. Donnelly isn’t the only one? | 就是说唐纳利先生并不是唯一的一个 |
[23:43] | I have given free memberships to a firefighter, a professor… | 我已经让一名消防员 一位教授 |
[23:47] | a cop, even a law student. | 一个警察和一名法科学生免费入会了 |
[23:51] | I think these scholarships | 我觉得这种制度 |
[23:53] | help to round out the pool for potential matches. | 可以为潜在的配对提供基础 |
[23:57] | Nothing further. | 没其他问题了 |
[23:59] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以下来了 |
[24:02] | – Redirect, your honor. – What are you doing? | -请求重新盘问 法官大人 -你在做什么 |
[24:04] | – Excuse me? – Madeline. | -你说什么 -玛德琳 |
[24:06] | I believe I have the right. I will keep it short. | 我相信我有这个权利 我会长话短说 |
[24:09] | – Proceed. – Thank you. | -说吧 -谢谢您 |
[24:12] | Miss Hall, at your mixer… | 霍尔小姐 在舞会上 |
[24:15] | you chose one particular guy for me | 你为我选了一位特别的男士 |
[24:18] | — an out-of-work actor. | 一位失业的演员 |
[24:20] | Why him? | 为什么选他呢 |
[24:21] | Mr. Donnelly has a warm energy, | 唐纳利先生有温暖人心的力量 |
[24:24] | a kind heart… and he’s an avid reader — | 他心地善良 还是个书迷 |
[24:26] | three different book clubs. | 参加了三个不同的读书俱乐部 |
[24:29] | And as far as I could tell, | 并且据我所知 |
[24:30] | the two of you were getting along. | 你们俩相处地挺好 |
[24:34] | Was I wrong? | 我说错了吗 |
[24:38] | Nothing further. | 没其他问题了 |
[24:40] | Very well. We’ll recess for lunch. | 很好 我们午餐暂时休庭 |
[24:43] | You shouldn’t have done that. | 你不该那样做的 |
[24:45] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚才说什么了 |
[24:46] | I didn’t want the jury to hear that. | 我不想让陪审团听见那个 |
[24:48] | Jane, did you just say “I told you so” To me? | 简 你是在对我说”我早告诉你了”吗 |
[24:52] | No, but I will now. | 没有 但我现在要说了 |
[24:53] | I told you so, I told you so, I told you so. | 我早告诉你了 我早告诉你了 我早告诉你了 |
[24:56] | Well, I have never. | 我从来没有 |
[24:57] | – I am absolutely appalled, Jane Bingum well, – I’m appalled. | -我太震惊了 简·宾格温 -我才震惊呢 |
[25:00] | I appreciate all of you showing up on short notice. | 很感谢你们一收到通知就过来了 |
[25:03] | This is a waste of time. | 这简直在浪费时间 |
[25:04] | Do you have any idea how many sessions I’m missing? | 你知道我少做了多少生意吗 |
[25:07] | Sessions with my clients. | 那都是我的客户 |
[25:08] | Look, nobody’s forcing them to walk across the street. | 听着 没人逼他们到街对面来 |
[25:11] | And bite me. | 去死吧你 |
[25:12] | Ladies, don’t take this the wrong way, | 女士们 别再这样争执了 |
[25:13] | but we’ve heard enough from both of you. | 我们听得够多了 |
[25:15] | Then what are we doing here? | 那我们在这做什么 |
[25:16] | I want to speak with the one person | 我想和一个人谈谈 |
[25:17] | we’ve yet to hear from — | 他的想法我们都没有听过 |
[25:19] | your father. | 你们父亲 |
[25:21] | Are you kidding me? You can’t talk to the dead! | 你在开玩笑吗 你无法和死人谈话 |
[25:25] | Excuse me? | 再说一遍 |
[25:29] | Well, I’m not saying it’s impossible. | 好吧 我也没说毫无可能 |
[25:31] | Good, | 很好 |
[25:32] | because we’re requesting the deposition of Leon Lancaster. | 因为我们要求听取利昂·兰卡斯特的证言 |
[25:35] | Do you know what you’re doing? | 你知道自己在干什么吗 |
[25:38] | Lily, for all your issues with your sister… | 莉莉 你和妹妹这么多次争执 |
[25:40] | I haven’t once heard you doubt her abilities. | 我从没听你质疑过她的能力 |
[25:42] | She’s a phenomenal psychic, | 她是个才华出众的灵媒 |
[25:44] | just a lousy sister. | 只不过是个差劲的妹妹 |
[25:46] | Tessa, do you believe you can contact your father right here? | 泰莎 你认为你在这能通灵到你父亲吗 |
[25:55] | I can try. | 我可以试试 |
[26:00] | Good morning, M– | 早上好 |
[26:01] | good morning, Mr. Parker. I hope I’m — I’m not — | 早上好 帕克先生 希望我 |
[26:03] | You’re the kid who’s been waiting to see me all morning. | 你就是等了我一早上那孩子 |
[26:05] | You’ve got 30 seconds to tell me | 你有三十秒的时间告诉我 |
[26:06] | what the hell you’re doing in my office. | 你在我办公室做什么 |
[26:08] | Uh, my name is Fred, and I’m here to get my job back. | 我叫弗雷德 我来这里是找回我的工作 |
[26:10] | What job? You never worked here. | 什么工作 你从没在这工作过 |
[26:11] | True — uh, w- what I meant to | 没错 我想说的是 |
[26:13] | say is even though I’ve never worked here before… | 即使我以前没在这工作过 |
[26:14] | I- I feel like I have. | 我觉得我工作过 |
[26:16] | Um, I- I’m friends with Jane Bingum, | 我是简·宾格温的朋友 |
[26:18] | and I know your, uh, firm inside and out. | 我对你的事务所了如指掌 |
[26:20] | I think that — no, I know | 我觉得 不 我知道 |
[26:22] | that I could be a kick-ass mail-room guy. | 我能做个超赞的信件收发员 |
[26:24] | You do realize that position’s already been filled? | 你知道那职位有人在做吧 |
[26:26] | Yeah, but has it really? I mean, | 是的 但是真有人吗 我是说 |
[26:28] | the guy you got in there right now — he’s fine. | 你们雇的那家伙 他是不错 |
[26:30] | But does he know to maximize | 但他知道要想最大限度使用硒鼓 |
[26:31] | a toner cartridge by shaking it side to side? | 需要来回地摇晃吗 |
[26:33] | Does he know that when you have a depo before noon, | 他知道如果你中午前要上庭 |
[26:34] | you arrive early… | 你会早点到 |
[26:35] | and you like the coffee machine prepped the night before? | 他知道你喜欢咖啡机前一天晚上就准备好吗 |
[26:37] | Does he know that “Golf Digest” arrives on Tuesday | 他知道《高尔夫文摘》是周四发行 |
[26:40] | and you like to read it over lunch… | 你喜欢午饭的时候阅读吗 |
[26:41] | but with a breakfast pastry, | 不过要吃酥皮糕点 |
[26:42] | so he should set one aside for you? | 他知道应该事先为您留一份吗 |
[26:44] | – I do like that. – I know, sir. | -我的确好那口 -我知道 先生 |
[26:45] | Cherry cheese are your favorite. | 樱桃乳酪是您的最爱 |
[26:48] | Jennifer, call down to the mail room. | 珍妮弗 打电话给收发室 |
[26:50] | Tell them the new guy’s being replaced. | 告诉他们新来的那个被人顶替了 |
[26:52] | Oh. Sorry, kid. | 很抱歉 孩子 |
[26:54] | Uh, Whiting & Lippman are looking. I’ll put in a good word. | 怀丁&李普曼正在招人 我会替你美言的 |
[27:06] | He’s near. | 他就在附近 |
[27:09] | I can feel his presence. | 我能感觉到他的存在 |
[27:11] | Let him know you’re honoring his | 让他知道你纪念他的方式是 |
[27:13] | memory by serving smoothies in your new shop… | 在你的新店为顾客提供水果刨冰 |
[27:15] | with the curlicue straws. She takes coupons. | 还有带着花饰的吸管呢 她使用优惠券 |
[27:18] | No negatives. | 不要有负面情绪 |
[27:20] | Okay. Got him. | 好了 找到他了 |
[27:24] | Hi, dad. Lily and I are both here. | 爸爸 莉莉和我都在这呢 |
[27:28] | Okay, Tessa, now that you’ve established contact… | 好 泰莎 现在你和他保持着联系 |
[27:31] | ask your father how he wants | 问问父亲他走了 |
[27:32] | the business run in his absence. | 他希望生意怎么进行下去 |
[27:35] | Dad said he left his life’s work to both of us, 50/50… | 爸爸说他把毕生的事业平分给我们 |
[27:40] | with neither of us having more say than the other. | 这样两人权利平等 |
[27:43] | So it was his intent for you to work together, | 那么他是想让你们作为平等的伙伴 |
[27:46] | as equal partners? | 合作吗 |
[27:48] | – Dad says yes. – What did I say? | -爸爸说是的 -我说什么来着 |
[27:51] | But he knew with our personalities, | 但是他了解我们的脾性 |
[27:53] | that would be challenging… | 知道合作对我们而言富有挑战性 |
[27:56] | and so he assumed he would be getting this call. | 所以他预料到我们会找他通灵的 |
[27:59] | Ask him about your shop — the new one. | 问问他你的店 那家新店 |
[28:03] | – Is he okay with it? – Oh, come on. Don’t ask that. | -他同意吗 -不是吧 别问这个 |
[28:05] | What do you think she’s gonna say? | 你觉得她会怎么说 |
[28:06] | This is legitimate. Your side stipulated — | 这是合法的 你方定下的 |
[28:08] | Dad says… | 爸爸说 |
[28:11] | he’s not okay with my shop. | 他不同意我的店 |
[28:14] | This would not hold up in court, you realize. | 法庭上这个靠不住 你应该明白 |
[28:17] | Dad says… | 爸爸说 |
[28:19] | I’m in over my head. | 我过火了 |
[28:21] | He says my problem is I don’t always listen… | 他说我的问题就在于不善于聆听 |
[28:26] | and I should because Lily has good ideas. | 我应该聆听 因为莉莉有好点子 |
[28:32] | His wish is for me to work with Lily. | 他的愿望是我和莉莉合作 |
[28:35] | Dad says I need Lily… | 爸爸说我需要莉莉 |
[28:40] | and Lily needs me. | 莉莉也需要我 |
[28:43] | I knew that. | 我知道 |
[28:49] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[28:52] | – Mm-hmm. – It’s okay. | -嗯 -没事了 |
[28:56] | You went on 28 dates through Miss Hall’s dating service. | 你通过霍尔小姐的中介服务约会过28次 |
[29:00] | Were any of these men viable matches? | 都没有合适的对象吗 |
[29:03] | No. | 没有 |
[29:04] | But you were promised a match, right? | 但是有人承诺你会配对成功的 对吧 |
[29:06] | It was a guarantee — a money-back guarantee. | 是个保证 退款保证 |
[29:10] | Your witness. | 我问完了 |
[29:15] | Judge Summers… | 萨莫斯法官 |
[29:17] | Isn’t it true that you | 你拒绝了黛安娜 |
[29:19] | rejected every match that Diana set up for you… | 为你介绍的每个对象 |
[29:21] | because of your impossibly high standards? | 是因为你那高不可及的标准吗 |
[29:23] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不是 |
[29:26] | I have response cards that | 我这里有你每次约会后 |
[29:28] | you filled out after every one of your dates. | 填写的回执卡 |
[29:30] | Do you remember why you didn’t want to see Matt Stalls again? | 你记得你为什么不想再见马特·斯特斯吗 |
[29:35] | He wasn’t very well-read. | 他阅读匮乏 |
[29:36] | Hmm. Sean Carls? | 嗯 尚·卡尔斯呢 |
[29:38] | He had an annoying voice. | 他嗓音很难听 |
[29:40] | Michael Doody? | 迈克尔·杜迪呢 |
[29:42] | – Couldn’t get past the last name. – Exactly. | -受不了他的姓氏 -没错 |
[29:46] | Don Reynolds. | 丹·雷诺兹呢 |
[29:48] | “Ears” — that’s all you wrote, just “Ears”. | 耳朵 你只写了个耳朵 |
[29:50] | Objection — your honor, counsel is testifying… | 反对 法官大人 辩方律师在作证 |
[29:53] | badgering the witness, and, frankly, making me angry. | 纠缠证人 坦白说 这使我很生气 |
[29:56] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[29:57] | Judge Summers… | 萨莫斯法官 |
[29:59] | Isn’t it true you misrepresented yourself | 你签中介介服务的时候做了 |
[30:01] | when you signed up for this service? | 失实陈述 是这样吗 |
[30:02] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[30:03] | Would you mind reading your own profile? | 你介意读下你的个人资料吗 |
[30:10] | “I am a fun-loving romantic | 我是个享受乐趣 浪漫的人 |
[30:12] | “who enjoys quiet walks on the beach… | 喜爱在沙滩上静静漫步 |
[30:14] | candlelit dinners, and Hugh Grant movies.” | 喜欢烛光晚餐和休·格兰特的电影 |
[30:17] | Is that all true… | 那都是真的吗 |
[30:19] | ’cause you don’t really seem like the fun-loving, romantic type? | 因为你看上去不像享受乐趣 浪漫的类型 |
[30:22] | – Your honor. – That’s the kind of man my husband was… | -法官大人 -那是我丈夫的类型 |
[30:25] | and that’s the kind of man I’m looking for. | 也是我现在要找的类型 |
[30:27] | What’s the last Hugh Grant movie you saw? | 你看过的最后一部休·格兰特的电影是哪部 |
[30:29] | You know, I really don’t need this. | 我真的不需要回答这个问题 |
[30:30] | Can you even name a Hugh Grant movie? | 你能说出一部休·格兰特演的电影名字吗 |
[30:32] | “Four weddings and your funeral” — | 《四个婚礼和你的葬礼》 |
[30:33] | are you familiar with that one… | 这部你熟悉吗 |
[30:35] | you smug, insolent piece of crap? | 你这个自以为是 粗鲁的臭小子 |
[30:36] | – Madeline — – I’m done. | -玛德琳 -我受够了 |
[30:38] | – No, no, no, you can’t leave. – Your honor. | -不不不 你不能走 -法官大人 |
[30:40] | Madeline, you are not dismissed. | 玛德琳 还没有准许你离开 |
[30:42] | I will hold you in contempt. | 我要以藐视法庭罪监禁你 |
[30:44] | Well, you can’t, because I’m dropping the case. | 你不能 因为我要撤诉 |
[30:46] | No case, no contempt. Goodbye. | 没有案子 没有藐视 再见 |
[30:49] | Uh, short recess, your honor. | 我请求短暂休庭 法官大人 |
[30:55] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[30:56] | You know you can’t just walk out of a courtroom like that. | 你不能就那样离开法庭啊 |
[30:59] | Are you sure you want to be lecturing me? | 你确定想要教训我吗 |
[31:00] | All right, look, I understand you’re upset. | 听着 我能理解你很不高兴 |
[31:02] | I am not upset, I am pissed… | 我不是不高兴 我是生气 |
[31:04] | at that lawyer for humiliating me in open court… | 那律师在公开法庭上羞辱我 |
[31:06] | and myself for letting him, | 生气自己任由他这样 |
[31:07] | but mostly I am pissed at you. | 但我主要是对你不满 |
[31:09] | Me? What did I do? | 我 我做错了什么 |
[31:10] | You pushed me into this, going to court. | 你鼓动我这样做的 上诉 |
[31:12] | You’re the one who signed | 一开始也是你让我 |
[31:13] | me up for that stupid service to begin with. | 签订那个愚蠢的中介服务 |
[31:15] | Well, I’m sure I didn’t tell you to lie on your questionnaire. | 不过我很确定没让你在调查问卷上说谎 |
[31:18] | You filled it out for me! | 表是你替我填的 |
[31:20] | What? | 什么 |
[31:20] | Jane, I trusted you | 简 当你说 |
[31:22] | when you said that I should get out of the house. | 我应该出来走走 我信任你 |
[31:23] | I got out of the house. Now look at this mess. | 我走出来了 现在看看这一团糟 |
[31:27] | Judge Summers. Madeline! | 萨莫斯法官 玛德琳 |
[31:39] | Judge Summers. | 萨莫斯法官 |
[31:41] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[31:42] | I’m Jane Bingum’s assistant — | 我是简·宾格温的助理 |
[31:44] | no reason you should remember. | 你没理由记得我 |
[31:45] | We’ve only been introduced 16 or 17 times. | 我们就是被引见过十六七次而已 |
[31:48] | Teri. | 泰丽 |
[31:50] | Not so good with faces — attitude, however. | 不记得脸 但是这态度我记得的 |
[31:53] | – I suppose she sent you here. – You suppose wrong. | -我猜是她派你来的吧 -你猜错了 |
[31:56] | I came here because you are bumming her out. | 我来是因为你让她很心烦 |
[31:59] | I am bumming her out? | 我让她很心烦 |
[32:00] | Jane doesn’t have a lot of friends, | 简的朋友不是很多 |
[32:02] | and — and you are one of them. | 你是其中之一 |
[32:03] | And — and she tried to help you, and you kicked her to the curb! | 她想要帮助你 你却劈头盖脸地训斥她 |
[32:07] | She forced me into that courtroom, | 她逼我出庭 |
[32:09] | and I have never been so humiliated in my entire life. | 受了我这辈子都没有受过的羞辱 |
[32:11] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[32:13] | You know, you have a reputation… | 你可是名声在外 |
[32:17] | for being a tough, no-nonsense force of nature… | 你是强硬不耍花招的源动力 |
[32:21] | who doesn’t get pushed around. | 从不受人摆布 |
[32:23] | Nobody forced you into that courtroom. | 没人强迫你出庭 |
[32:25] | The case didn’t go your way, | 官司打得不顺利 |
[32:27] | and now you are looking for someone to blame. | 你就是找个替罪羊 |
[32:30] | If you were my assistant, | 如果你是我的助理 |
[32:31] | I would fire you for insubordination. | 我就以不服从上级为由解雇你 |
[32:34] | If I was your assistant, | 如果我是你的助理 |
[32:35] | you’d already be on the supreme court. | 你已经上最高法院了 |
[32:39] | People say I’m a force of nature? | 人们说我是源动力吗 |
[32:41] | Jane left you a bunch of messages. | 简给你留了很多留言 |
[32:44] | You should call her back. | 你应该给她回电 |
[32:51] | Summoning the dead dad — that was genius. | 传唤死去的父亲 这点子太有才了 |
[32:54] | – How did you know it would work? – I sensed it. | -你怎么知道这点子能行 -我感觉到的 |
[32:58] | Came down to communication. | 还是要靠交流嘛 |
[33:00] | I need to make it possible for the sisters to talk… | 我需要让两姐妹抛下各自的固执 |
[33:02] | without pride getting in the way. | 交谈才有可能 |
[33:04] | So you didn’t actually believe | 就是说你并不真的相信 |
[33:06] | that they were contacting their father? | 她们同父亲通灵了 |
[33:07] | It doesn’t matter what I believe. It worked. | 我相信与否并不重要 管用就行 |
[33:10] | Nice dodge. | 巧妙的回避 |
[33:11] | All right. You want to know what I believe? | 你想知道我相信什么吗 |
[33:13] | I believe sometimes people need a little nudge. | 我相信有时人们需要别人推一把 |
[33:15] | A nudge? | 推一把 |
[33:18] | Tessa wanted to apologize to her sister | 泰莎想向姐姐道歉 |
[33:21] | but need someone to show her how to do it. | 但是她需要有人教她该如何做 |
[33:22] | Lily wanted her sister back… | 莉莉想让她妹妹回到身边 |
[33:24] | but didn’t want to be the one to say so. | 但自己不想开这个口 |
[33:27] | And then there’s us. | 再就是我们了 |
[33:29] | Us? You think all this has something to do with us? | 我们 你觉得这一切和我们有关吗 |
[33:32] | I know we agreed not to talk about the kiss. | 我知道我们说好不提那个吻的 |
[33:35] | That’s right. We’re gonna pretend it never happened. | 没错 我们当做什么都没发生过 |
[33:38] | – Right. – Right. | -是的 -是的 |
[33:39] | But the truth is… | 但是 事实是 |
[33:44] | I’m a little bit psychic. | 我有一点通灵能力 |
[33:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[33:47] | And I sense | 我感觉到 |
[33:49] | that if I asked you out to dinner on a date… | 如果我约你共进晚餐 |
[33:53] | you’ll say yes. | 你会同意的 |
[33:57] | So, what do you say? | 那么 你同意吗 |
[34:14] | You busy? | 你忙吗 |
[34:16] | Uh, discovery from the dating service. | 整理约会中介的材料 |
[34:19] | I subpoenaed every file of every member in the state. | 我传唤了本州所有会员的资料 |
[34:22] | Guess I went a little overboard. | 看来我有点过分热心了 |
[34:25] | You really were trying to help me. | 你真的很努力想帮我 |
[34:28] | Yeah. | 当然了 |
[34:35] | Jane, uh… I want to apologize. | 简 我想向你道歉 |
[34:38] | I- I overreacted. | 我反应过激了 |
[34:40] | I blamed you for things that weren’t your fault. | 明明不是你的错 我却埋怨你 |
[34:42] | But it was my fault. | 是我做错了 |
[34:44] | Hugh Grant was my lame-o idea. | 休·格兰特是我的蠢主意 |
[34:46] | No, I distinctly remember that was mine. | 不 我清楚记得那是我的主意 |
[34:49] | Murray loved those movies. | 莫瑞最爱他的电影了 |
[34:52] | God help me, I was just trying to find somebody like him. | 老天保佑 我只是想找个像他那样的人 |
[34:57] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[35:00] | I hope you never know what | 希望你永远也不会知晓 |
[35:01] | it’s like to lose the love of your life… | 失去此生挚爱是什么滋味 |
[35:04] | to have to go on without him. | 没有他 一个人生活下去 |
[35:07] | I can’t imagine. | 简直无法想象 |
[35:08] | Still, you know, it doesn’t give somebody like Diana | 不管怎么说 戴安娜这样的人 |
[35:10] | the right to take advantage. | 也没权利趁机获利 |
[35:12] | I mean, she may not have broken that contract, | 我是说 她可能没有毁约 |
[35:14] | but she definitely bent it. | 但是她肯定扭曲了合约 |
[35:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:19] | Ron Haywood — what is that file doing here? | 罗恩·海伍德 这份资料怎么会在这 |
[35:21] | Is that from my office? | 从我办公室拿的吗 |
[35:22] | No. | 不是 |
[35:23] | These are all from the dating service. | 这些是从约会中介所拿到的 |
[35:25] | Ron Haywood is a client — Diana’s client? | 罗恩·海伍德是个客户 黛安娜的客户 |
[35:27] | Yeah — she tried to set you up with him, | 是啊 她还想安排你俩约会呢 |
[35:30] | but I guess he declined the date. | 但我猜被他婉拒了 |
[35:31] | His loss, by the way. | 顺便说一句 是他的损失 |
[35:33] | Did you file the papers to have my case dismissed yet? | 我撤诉的文件你交上去没有 |
[35:36] | No, I was going to first thing in the morning. | 没 我本打算明早交 |
[35:38] | I have a better idea. Don’t. | 我有个更好的主意 别上交 |
[35:44] | Miss Hall, your contract states that every client… | 霍尔小姐 你的合约上声明 |
[35:46] | has undergone an extensive background check, correct? | 每位客户都经过详细的背景审查 对吧 |
[35:49] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[35:50] | And you claim | 并且你声称 |
[35:51] | that your background checks are state-of-the-art. True? | 你们的背景审核具有国内尖端水平 是吗 |
[35:53] | Absolutely. | 当然是 |
[35:55] | They must be if you’re asking someone to pay $25,000. | 如果收取两万五千美金 这是我必须做的 |
[35:59] | So anything less than | 所以如果有所疏漏 |
[36:00] | that would be breach of contract, am I right? | 那就违反合约了 我说的对吗 |
[36:02] | I suppose so, yes. | 我想是的 没错 |
[36:05] | Would the man in the back row please stand? | 后排的那位男士 请您站起来 好吗 |
[36:10] | – Do you recognize Ron Haywood? – Yes. He’s a client. | -你认识罗恩·海伍德吗 -认识 他是我的客户 |
[36:13] | Is it true that you tried to set him up | 两个月前你是不是想 |
[36:14] | with Judge Summers two months ago? | 试图撮合他和萨莫斯法官 |
[36:16] | I tried. He declined the date. | 我试图那么做 不过他拒绝了 |
[36:19] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[36:20] | The heart wants what the heart wants. | 心有所属 心有所向 |
[36:23] | Yes, it does. | 是的 没错 |
[36:26] | Or maybe he just didn’t | 又或者 |
[36:27] | want to date the woman who sentenced him… | 他只是不想和因他电话诈骗 |
[36:29] | to five to seven years in prison for wire fraud. | 判处他五年徒刑的女人约会 |
[36:34] | Were you aware, Miss Hall, | 霍尔小姐 你知道 |
[36:36] | that Mr. Haywood is a convicted felon… | 海伍德先生是个被判决的重罪犯 |
[36:37] | and that Judge Summers presided at his trial? | 而萨莫斯法官是他庭审的法官吗 |
[36:39] | No. | 不知道 |
[36:40] | Last night, with the cooperation of the prison board… | 昨晚 在监狱委员会的协助下 |
[36:42] | I cross-referenced all of your clients | 我把你的客户 |
[36:45] | with the California felony database… | 和加州重罪犯数据库做了比对 |
[36:47] | and Mr. Haywood and seven other men were on both lists. | 海伍德先生和其他七位男士出现在两份名单上 |
[36:51] | So, Miss Hall… | 那么霍尔小姐 |
[36:52] | you have introduced felons to wealthy women. | 你介绍重罪犯给富有的女士 |
[36:58] | Gosh, imagine the liability. | 想想你所谓的可信度 |
[37:00] | Your honor, we’d like a short recess. | 法官大人 我们请求短暂休庭 |
[37:02] | Yes. I imagine you would. | 批准 我想你们也需要如此 |
[37:18] | That should do it. Your articles of incorporation — | 这样就好了 你们的合作协议 |
[37:21] | everything your father wanted in black and white. | 你们父亲希望的一切都白纸黑字写下来了 |
[37:24] | You will be co-owners of the original business — | 你们将成为原有生意的合伙人 |
[37:26] | a 50/50 split. | 资产五五开 |
[37:28] | Mr. Kent, you came through for us, | 肯特先生 你帮了我们大忙 |
[37:30] | just like the universe told me you would. | 正如宇宙告诉我那样 |
[37:33] | You know, the universe told me the same thing. | 宇宙也这么告诉我的 |
[37:35] | Yeah, I’m sure the universe has nothing better to do | 是啊 我确信宇宙除了告诉我们同样的事 |
[37:37] | than tell us the same thing. | 也没什么别的事可做了 |
[37:38] | Ladies. | 女士们 |
[37:40] | – Sorry. – It was no big thing. | -不好意思 -没什么大不了的 |
[37:42] | Listen, we are gonna go out to dinner at Le Deux. | 听着 我们要去Le Deux餐厅吃晚餐 |
[37:45] | Would you like to join us? | 愿意一起来吗 |
[37:47] | Actually, we would love to join you, but… | 实际上我们挺想一起去的 但是 |
[37:49] | we already have dinner plans. | 我们已经有晚餐计划了 |
[38:00] | Don’t order the halibut. Just a feeling. | 别点大比目鱼 我有这么个感应 |
[38:12] | A full refund? | 全额退款 |
[38:14] | Every penny, | 一分钱不少 |
[38:15] | and they’ve agreed to disclose their business practices… | 他们还同意在所有宣传刊物 |
[38:17] | in all promotional literature. | 公开他们的经营方式 |
[38:19] | And what about the ex-cons? | 前科犯们呢 |
[38:20] | Oh, they’re shutting down for a month | 他们要关门一个月 |
[38:22] | to implement a vetting process — | 执行审核程序 |
[38:23] | well, a real one this time — under court supervision. | 这次是真正意义的审核 在法庭的监督下进行 |
[38:26] | Well done, and thanks. | 干得漂亮 谢谢你 |
[38:30] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[38:31] | Oh, I was just packing up some case files… | 我整理案子的文件时 |
[38:35] | and this caught my eye. | 这个吸引了我的目光 |
[38:36] | George Cotton — do you rember him? | 乔治·柯顿 你记得他吗 |
[38:38] | Uh, yeah. He was a chef. | 记得 他是位厨师 |
[38:40] | Yeah, you went out with him once. | 没错 你和他出去约会过一次 |
[38:43] | Take a look at the feedback card. | 看看他的反馈卡吧 |
[38:47] | “Madeline has a sharp sense of humor and a distinct world view. | 玛德琳有直接的幽默感和独特的世界观 |
[38:50] | “I found her tough, but lovable — | 我觉得她态度强硬 但也很可爱 |
[38:53] | a winning combination.” | 二者完美结合 |
[38:56] | He’s kind of cute. | 他挺可爱的 |
[38:58] | – His phone number’s on the back. – Really? | -他的电话在背面 -真的吗 |
[39:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:09] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[39:10] | Hey. Are you ready to go? | 嘿 你准备好了吗 |
[39:13] | What? | 什么 |
[39:14] | I’m sorry. I was talking to… | 不好意思 我在和 |
[39:17] | Let me just turn in my last time card, | 我最后一次下班 让我把卡交了 |
[39:19] | and we’re out of here. | 我们就走 |
[39:22] | Dude! | 老兄 |
[39:23] | Are you going out with Stacy? | 你是要和史黛西去约会吗 |
[39:25] | I can’t believe it, either. | 我也无法相信 |
[39:27] | This started off as the worst week ever — | 起初这好像是最糟糕的一周 |
[39:29] | fired for no reason at all. | 无缘无故被解雇了 |
[39:32] | I’m on the balcony, contemplating my sorry life… | 我站在阳台上抱怨悲剧的人生时 |
[39:34] | when this goddess starts talking to me. | 这位女神就找我搭讪 |
[39:37] | Uh, then she says something about trying on a new type… | 后来她说想尝试新的类型 |
[39:40] | and suggests we get drinks. | 然后她提议我们出去喝点东西 |
[39:41] | – You’re killing me. – I know, right? | -你把我杀了算了 -真爽啊 |
[39:43] | Hey, uh, you seem like the | 你看上去像那种 |
[39:44] | kind of guy who has no problem with the ladies. | 受女孩子欢迎的男生 |
[39:47] | Uh, any advice? | 有什么建议给我吗 |
[39:50] | Yeah. Just, um… | 有 就是 |
[39:53] | treat her well. | 善待她 |
[39:55] | She deserves the best. | 她配得上最棒的 |
[39:57] | Cool. Thanks. | 好 多谢了 |
[40:16] | Excuse me. I’m looking for the ladies’ room. | 打扰一下 我想找女盥洗室 |
[40:19] | Oh, you’re Kim’s psychic. | 你是金的灵媒 |
[40:21] | Um, the other day, you told me that I wouldn’t be alone for long. | 那天你告诉我 我不会孤单太久的 |
[40:24] | Was I right? | 我说对了吗 |
[40:26] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你些事吗 |
[40:28] | Well, normally, you’d have to make an appointment. But… | 通常你需要预约 但是 |
[40:30] | oh, go ahead. I’m in a good mood. | 说吧 我心情不错 |
[40:33] | Um, I have this… friend… | 我有个朋友 |
[40:35] | and she’s lost the love of her life. | 她失去了此生挚爱 |
[40:38] | And she knows that she should move on, | 她知道她应该向前看 |
[40:41] | but she’s kind of stuck. | 但是她有点走不出来了 |
[40:43] | What is hell? | 何为地狱 |
[40:46] | I maintain that it is the suffering | 我坚信 地狱就是爱不成别人 |
[40:48] | of being unable to love. | 所带来的煎熬 |
[40:53] | – Wait. What does that mean? – I have no idea. | -等等 那是什么意思 -我也不知道 |
[40:55] | You’d have to ask Dostoyevsky. | 你要去问陀斯妥耶夫斯基 |
[40:58] | But I sense it applies to you. | 但是我感觉用在你这挺适合的 |
[41:02] | Jane, the best way to get | 简 想要走出来 |
[41:04] | unstuck is to give yourself a kick in the ass. | 最好的办法是推自己一把 |
[41:07] | You don’t have to live in the past. | 你不必生活在过去 |
[41:29] | Nicastro. | 我是尼卡斯罗 |
[41:31] | Hello? | 你好 |
[41:32] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[41:34] | Hi, it’s Jane Bingum, Tony. | 嗨 我是简·宾格温 托尼 |
[41:37] | Calling to gloat? | 打电话来幸灾乐祸吗 |
[41:38] | Uh… you know, the other night, | 那晚 |
[41:40] | you said that we should have dinner. | 你说我们应该共进晚餐 |
[41:42] | Was that just a strategic move to throw me off my game? | 那只是个扰乱我的策略吗 |
[41:45] | Well, if it was, it didn’t really work. | 如果是的话 也完全不奏效啊 |
[41:48] | Are you free next Tuesday? | 你下周二有空吗 |
[41:51] | Yes. Yes, I am. | 有的 我有空 |
[41:55] | Great. | 很好 |
[41:56] | You’ve been to Street on Highland? | 你去过海兰德路的斯瑞特餐馆吗 |
[41:57] | They have fantastic appetizers. | 他们家的开胃菜超赞 |
[41:59] | Oh, my God. I love appetizers. | 哦天呐 我喜欢开胃菜 |
[42:03] | I’m looking forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[42:05] | Yeah. You know what? So am I. | 是啊 你知道吗 我也是 |
[42:10] | *There’s nothing that we can’t do* | *没有什么事是我们做不成的* |
[42:13] | *No* | *没有* |