时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看到那个美丽模特儿了吗 |
[00:03] | That was me– Deb– until the day I died. | 那是我 Deb 但是我车祸死了 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, but there was a bit of a mix-up… | 原以为会直接上天堂 但事情出了小差错 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 我醒来之后竟然变了个样 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane… | 所以现在我是Jane |
[00:14] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一位有着专属助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, and the only people who really know… | 我有了新的人生 新的行头 唯一知道事情真相的 只有我的好朋友Stacy 和守护天使Fred |
[00:21] | what’s going on with me are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Fred. | |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我也前总认为事出必有因 |
[00:28] | and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 现在呢 希望我是对的吧 |
[00:38] | * Don’t ask me how I’m doin’ if you don’t wanna know * | |
[00:42] | * I stayed up too late, woke up late * | |
[00:44] | * Oh, you know how it goes * | |
[00:46] | * Give off the vibe that everything’s fine * | |
[00:49] | * As long as you, long as you don’t look in my eyes * | |
[00:54] | * It’s all going just so perfectly wrong * | |
[01:01] | * Hey, hey, hey, what can I say? * | |
[01:05] | * It’s just one of those, one of those days * | |
[01:09] | * Hey, hey, hey, what can I say? * | |
[01:12] | * It’s just one of those… * | |
[01:16] | Somebody’s shooting! | 发生枪战啦 |
[01:19] | – What are you doing? – Vacuuming. | – 你在干麻 – 吸地板 |
[01:22] | But you don’t vacuum or dust or unload the dishwasher. | 可你不吸地 不吸尘 不洗碗 |
[01:26] | – Well, who paid all the rent last month? – Never mind. | |
[01:31] | I have been up for an hour. I want details about last night. | 我起来一个小时了 快告诉我昨晚怎样 |
[01:35] | Tell me everything! | 细节都不放过 |
[01:37] | Stacy, what happened on your date with Fred? | Stacy 你和Fred的约会怎样 |
[01:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在讲什么阿 |
[01:43] | I saw you kiss him. I saw you leave with him. | 我看到你亲了他 和他一起出门 |
[01:46] | And I was up very, very late, and I did not hear you come home. | 我很晚才睡 都没听到你回来的声音 |
[01:50] | Details– spill them. | 细节 快说 |
[01:52] | – Who’s Fred? – Oh, no. | – Fred是谁? – 喔不 |
[01:55] | – Stacy, please don’t do this again. – What am I doing? | – Stacy 拜托你不要再来这套了 – 哪一套 |
[01:58] | If last night didn’t go well, then you can’t just pretend he doesn’t exist… | 约会的情形不好 就假装没这件事 |
[02:01] | like you did with Tim and Marco. | 你之前跟Tim和Marco就这样 |
[02:03] | I didn’t act like they didn’t exist. | 我没假装他们不存在阿 |
[02:05] | I just stopped calling them back or referring to them by name. | 我只是没回电 不再叫他们名字 |
[02:08] | Look, Fred’s… different from those guys. | 听我说 Fred和其他男的不一样 |
[02:12] | And I work with him. And if you break his little heart… | 我和他一起工作 如果你伤了他的心 |
[02:14] | – I’m gonna have to pick up the pieces. – I haven’t broken anyone’s heart. | 是我要去收拾 我又没伤谁的心 |
[02:18] | – Are you okay? – Fine. | – 你没事吧 – 那好 |
[02:19] | If you don’t want to tell me about Fred, then I’m not going to tell you… | 你不跟我说Fred的事 我就不跟你说… |
[02:22] | about my dinner with Grayson. | 我和Grayson晚餐的事 |
[02:24] | You had dinner with Grayson?! | 我和Grayson一起吃晚餐? |
[02:26] | – Aah! – Shut up! | – 阿 – 好了啦 |
[02:29] | Okay, he came over right after you left. Crazy. And it was just like old times. | 好 所以你出门后他就过来 超怪对吧 就像以前一样 |
[02:33] | Except without the touching nor the kissing nor the sex. Mm-hmm. | 除了你不能碰他 亲他 上床 |
[02:37] | True. But he talked all about Deb. | 是没错 但他开口闭口都是Deb |
[02:40] | And then right around dessert, I told him. | 然后要上甜点的时候 我告诉他了 |
[02:44] | – You did not! – No. I really wanted to, though. | – 真的假的 – 假的 但我真的很想说 |
[02:47] | Ah, dinner with Grayson. | 阿 与Grayson共进晚餐 |
[02:49] | See, that you could have gotten me out of bed for. | 看吧 用这理由 就可以吵我起来了 |
[02:52] | You could have pounded on my door and dragged me out of bed for that. | 你可以用力敲我的门 硬拉我起床 |
[02:56] | Oh, no! | 喔不 |
[02:57] | I have a motor-oil-commercial audition, and I still have to find the perfect bikini. | 我有一个机油广告的征选 所以要去找件完美比基尼了 |
[03:01] | Ugh. You can use a bikini to sell anything. | 阿 用比基尼广告 什么都能卖 |
[03:03] | I know. Yay, America, right? | 是阿 没错 这就是美国 |
[03:06] | Tonight, I want every detail about your dinner a la Grayson. | 今晚 我要听你和Grayson晚餐的所有细节 |
[03:08] | As long as you tell me about Fred. Quid pro quo. | 只要你先说你和Fred的约会 一报还一报 |
[03:11] | Um, that’s lawyer for you tell me about your dinner, I’ll tell you about mine. | 呃 意思就是 你先跟我说你约会怎样 我再跟你说我的 |
[03:15] | Stacy! | |
[03:21] | – Have you seen Fred? – Who? | – 你有看到Fred吗 – 谁 |
[03:23] | Working bankers’ hours, Jane? | 越来越安逸了是吧 Jane |
[03:25] | – Bitch said what? – What? | – 贱人说什么 – 什么 |
[03:27] | – I didn’t say anything. – Black over black. Nice. | – 我什么都没说 – 黑配黑 不错 |
[03:29] | – Are we attending a ritual sacrifice? – Only if it’s yours. | 我们是要参加献祭吗 你是祭品的话 |
[03:33] | Staff meeting. You are planning on joining us? | 开会了 你要来吧 |
[03:36] | Ugh. She makes me cranky. | 呃 她总让我不爽 |
[03:38] | I hate those meetings. Everyone talking– It’s like… | 我讨厌开会 每个人都头头是道 |
[03:41] | “Blah, blah. I’m a lawyer, and I’m a lawyer. And blah, blah lawyer.” | 叽叽喳喳 我是律师耶 叽叽喳喳 我是律师耶 叽叽喳喳 |
[03:44] | Uh, well, you’re gonna be late for the “blah, blah”. | 还好你可以晚点加入叽叽喳喳行列 |
[03:46] | You have a new client in your office. She showed up this morning and told Parker she wanted you. | 新客户在办公室等你了 今早过来的 跟Parker指定要你 |
[03:51] | Oh! | 喔 |
[03:55] | I read about your success with the Lucy Tyner case– | 我看到你的Lucy Tyner案子报导 |
[03:59] | The waitress who was fired for being plus-sized. | 就是女服务生因为过胖被开除那个 |
[04:03] | – Oh, did the same thing happen to you? – Me? No. | – 喔 你也因为这样被开除吗 – 我吗 不是 |
[04:06] | No, this is about my daughter Hannah. | 我来是因为我女儿Hannah |
[04:09] | She’s been on this diet, “The Jillian Ford EZ Thin Plan”. | 她最近在减肥 Jillian Ford简单瘦减肥法 |
[04:14] | Oh, yeah, I’ve seen the ads. “Get thin and stay thin.” | 喔 我有看过广告 “减肥且不复胖” |
[04:19] | Well, if it doesn’t work, um… ooh, we could sue for false advertising. | 这样的话 如果没效 呃 喔 我们可以告广告不实 |
[04:22] | No, actually, it does work. It works too well. | 不 事实上 是有效 太有效了 |
[04:26] | I don’t understand. | 我不太懂 |
[04:29] | Hannah was miserable in school. She- she hated how she looked. | Hannah以前在学校很不快乐 她… 她不喜欢她的样子 |
[04:32] | And so she read about this diet on the internet– | 然后她在网路上看到这个减肥法 |
[04:36] | Jillian Ford. | |
[04:37] | She begged me to get her the 12-month plan. | 求我让她试12个月看看 |
[04:40] | So, she lost weight… fast… | 之后 她是有瘦下来了 蛮快的 |
[04:44] | Too fast. | 但太快了 |
[04:46] | Well, if you want her to stop losing weight… | 这样… 如果你只是要她稍为胖回来 |
[04:48] | um, my advice is pie. | 我建议吃派 |
[04:51] | Bake her a pie. Everybody loves pie. | 做个派 大家都爱派 |
[04:53] | Ms. Bingum, a couple weeks ago… | Bingum小姐 几星期前 |
[04:56] | Hannah felt light-headed. | Hannah开始觉得头晕 |
[04:59] | And last Wednesday, she fainted in class. | 上周三 她上课时昏倒了 |
[05:03] | She was in the hospital overnight. | 住院了一个晚上 |
[05:07] | And now the doctor’s saying that there’s something wrong with her heart. | 医生是说 她的心脏有问题 |
[05:12] | She has arrhythmia. | 心律不整 |
[05:15] | She didn’t have that before this diet. | 她开始减肥前 没有这情形 |
[05:18] | Oh. | 喔 |
[05:20] | – I’m– I’m sorry. – I mean, I can’t force her to eat, right? | 我很抱歉 我也不能硬逼她吃 对吧 |
[05:24] | I mean, to Hannah, I’m already the wicked witch… | 对Hannah来说 我就是坏巫婆 |
[05:26] | and Jillian Ford is some fairy godmother. | 而Jillian Ford是神仙教母 |
[05:29] | Before I cut off the internet, she was getting daily supportive e-mails from Jillian… | 我切掉网路以前 她每天都收到Jillian的加油电子邮件 |
[05:34] | you know, “Way to go. Keep it off.” You know, all part of the service. | 就是 “做的好 继续努力” 都算在减肥法的服务 |
[05:38] | Well, if this diet is as dangerous as you say it is, then there should be warnings. | 如果这减肥法真的像你说的这么危险 那也应该要有标示 |
[05:42] | Yeah, well, there aren’t. | 是阿 可是就没有 |
[05:46] | Okay, uh, onto a little housekeeping. | 好 现在讨论内部情形 |
[05:49] | People, we’re living in tough economic times. Let’s watch those expense reports. | 大伙 现在经济困难 来看看花费报告 |
[05:52] | Not every client needs to eat at Mozza. | 不是每个客户会议都要在Mozza餐厅 |
[05:59] | Excuse me. Meeting. | 不好意思 开会中 |
[06:00] | Yeah, I’m looking for Kim Kaswell. | 我找Kim Kaswell |
[06:02] | Oh, right here. | 喔 我是 |
[06:04] | If that’s from Prada, you can just have my assistant put it in my office. | 如果是Prada寄的 你叫我助理放办公室就可以 |
[06:07] | Ms. Kaswell… | Kaswell小姐 |
[06:08] | you’ve been served. | 你被传唤了 |
[06:12] | Is this a joke? | 是玩笑吗 |
[06:14] | For a moment there, I thought he was gonna strip. | 刚刚我还以为他要开始脱衣秀了 |
[06:17] | My former assistant Adam is suing me… | 我前任助理Adam要告我 |
[06:20] | for sexual harassment. | 性骚扰 |
[06:24] | The firm, too. | 也告公司 |
[06:30] | Okay. This just became a very different meeting. | 好吧 会议现在讨论别的 |
[06:34] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来迟了 |
[06:36] | Oh, Kim, did that UPS guy find you? | 喔 Kim 刚刚快递男有找到你吗 |
[06:40] | What’d I miss? | 我错过了什么 |
[07:00] | Go away. | 走开 |
[07:03] | Okay, what is the point of knocking if you’re just gonna barge right in? | 你既然都硬要进来了 那敲门干麻 |
[07:06] | Hannah, don’t be rude. This is Ms. Bingum. | Hannah礼貌点 这是Bingum小姐 |
[07:09] | She is the lawyer who’s going to help us with our case. | 她帮我们打官司 |
[07:13] | Put the phone away. You’re going to talk to her. | 手机收起来 跟她聊一聊 |
[07:20] | That’s a really cool phone. Did you bedazzle it yourself? | 手机很酷 你自己贴钻的吗 |
[07:23] | So why did my mom pick you, to make a point? | 所以我妈找你 是想证明什么吗 |
[07:27] | – What point? – You know… | – 证明什么? – 你也知道… |
[07:29] | that big is beautiful or something like that? | 就数大便是美那一套 |
[07:32] | That’s harsh. Am I making fun of your Zac Efron posters? | 这样讲也太贱了 我有嘲笑你那些柴克艾弗隆的海报吗 |
[07:36] | I’m sorry. That was mean. | 对不起 真的有点贱 |
[07:39] | I just don’t feel that great. | 我只是觉得有点不舒服 |
[07:40] | – You hungry? – Duh. | – 因为很饿 – 废话 |
[07:42] | My mom stole all of my EZ Thin bars. | 我妈把我的简单瘦饼干拿走了 |
[07:44] | And that was after she blocked the website from our computer… | 拿走前 还不忘把网路拔掉 |
[07:47] | as if I don’t have any friends that have internet. | 把我当作原始人一样 |
[07:49] | Well, it looks like you have got lunch sitting right there. | 你的午餐在那 快吃一吃吧 |
[07:51] | I already had my 500 calories for the day. | 我今天已经吃完规定的500卡了 |
[07:54] | 500 calories? | 500大卡? |
[07:56] | Yikes. That’s like four crackers and a raisin. | 好恶 那只有四块饼干跟一粒葡萄干 |
[08:00] | You sound like my mom. | 跟我妈讲的一样 |
[08:03] | Look, Jillian is the real deal. | 听着 Jillian很厉害 |
[08:06] | You know, she was heavier than me– Well, the old me. | 你知道吗 她原本比我胖耶 之前的我 |
[08:10] | And she took charge of her life, and that’s what I’m doing. | 然后她决定要改变自己 我也是 |
[08:14] | Hmm. | 恩 |
[08:16] | You see that dress over there? | 看到那件洋装了吗 |
[08:19] | Oh, cute. | 好可爱 |
[08:20] | I know. It’s perfect. | 我知道 完美极了 |
[08:23] | I bought it when I was 6 sizes bigger, and now I’m wearing it to a dance. | 身材比现在大六号之前买的 我现在瘦到可以穿去舞会了 |
[08:29] | I totally get it. | 我能体会你的感受 |
[08:31] | Here’s the problem– You keep this up… | 但问题是 你这样下去 |
[08:33] | they’re gonna have to hold that dance in the hospital. | 你那舞会就跳到医院去了 |
[08:36] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你根本不懂 |
[08:39] | Hannah, you’re starving yourself. | Hannah 你逼自己饿肚子 |
[08:43] | Your mother hired me to sue Jillian Ford. And if this goes to court… | 你妈妈请我告Jillian Ford 如果上法庭 |
[08:46] | I’d want you to testify. | 我希望你能出庭作证 |
[08:52] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[08:53] | You know what I’ll say? | 你知道我会怎么说吗 |
[08:55] | Before I went on the Jillian diet, nobody ever talked to me. | 在Jillian减肥法之前 没有人和我做朋友 |
[09:01] | And then I dropped 40 pounds, and I got friends. | 现在减了40磅 我有了朋友 |
[09:06] | I can shop at forever 21, and guys like me. | 可以去Forever 21买衣服 有男生喜欢我 |
[09:11] | My whole life changed. | 我的人生变了 |
[09:13] | – What about your heart arrhythmia? – I’m fine. | |
[09:16] | – Your mother doesn’t think so. – Listen, my mom is happy… | 你妈妈不这么觉得 听着 我妈妈对她的身材 |
[09:22] | Being the way she is. | 很满意 |
[09:25] | I wasn’t, and… | 而我不是 |
[09:28] | I did something about it. | 所以我决定改变 |
[09:32] | “During the firm Christmas party, Ms. Kaswell cornered Adam Bay in her office… | 公司耶诞派对时 Kaswell小姐拐Adam Bay到她办公室 |
[09:37] | “and forced him to watch as she ate chocolate cake… | 强迫他 看她吃巧克力蛋糕的样子 |
[09:41] | in a heightened and lascivious sexual manner.” | 过度夸张且有猥亵的性暗示 |
[09:44] | – It does not say that. – I couldn’t make that up. | – 哪有这样写 – 不然是我编的吗 |
[09:46] | The guy sounds crazy. He’s just out to humiliate you. | 那个人像疯子一样 他只是想羞辱你 |
[09:49] | – Yeah, well, mission accomplished. – “Ms. Kaswell then locked her office door… | 是阿 还真的成功了 Kaswell小姐把办公室锁起来 |
[09:52] | “and tried to kiss Adam Bay. | 想强吻Adam Bay |
[09:54] | Adam Bay resisted and was fired the next day.” | Adam Bay拒绝了她 隔天就被开除了 |
[09:57] | The only thing he got right is that I fired him. The kid was inept. | 他唯一讲对的地方 就是开除那部份 他根本是智障 |
[10:00] | He couldn’t work an electric stapler. | 自动钉书机都不会用 |
[10:02] | Noted. | 了解 |
[10:03] | This is a nuisance suit. | 这只是个私人干扰官司 |
[10:04] | Disgruntled employee gets the ax and tries to get even. | 不爽的员工想挟怨报复 |
[10:07] | That’s right. If we settle with him, we’ll just encourage more of these. | 没错 如果和解 类似的官司会更多 |
[10:09] | I agree. That said, his attorney sent this over. | 我同意 但他律师寄了这个过来 |
[10:12] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[10:13] | Allegedly, Adam captured your encounter on his cellphone video. | 她据称 Adam有用手机录下情况 |
[10:17] | – What? – You mind? | – 什么 – 没问题吧 |
[10:19] | Whatever. | 随便 |
[10:24] | Oh, look at you. | 喔看看你 |
[10:26] | Mmm. I’ve been waiting for this all night. | 恩 我等了你整个晚上了 |
[10:29] | Come to mama. | 来妈咪这 |
[10:32] | Mmm. | 恩 |
[10:35] | Mmm. | 恩 |
[10:37] | Okay, so this isn’t… | 好了 这不… |
[10:41] | great. | 妙了 |
[10:42] | Oh, God, you’re so beautiful. | 喔 天阿 你真是太完美了 |
[10:45] | Seriously? It’s cake. | 拜托 就只是块蛋糕 |
[10:47] | Look, I work really hard to stay fit. And when I do indulge… | 我努力维持身材 偶尔想放纵一下 |
[10:50] | in a piece of chocolate cake every now and then, I enjoy it. | 吃块巧克力蛋糕 我当然 尽情享受 |
[10:54] | – Sue me. – That’s what he’s doing. | – 告我阿 – 他就再告了阿 |
[10:56] | I’m gonna call Adam’s attorney and schedule a settlement conference. | 我去打电话给Adam的律师 安排和解会议 |
[10:59] | I’d like you both there. There will be coffee. | 你们两个都来 会有咖啡可以喝 |
[11:02] | No cake. | 没蛋糕 |
[11:08] | Ooh! You look fergalicious! | 喔 你看起来非常妖姬 |
[11:11] | I haven’t been in a bikini in a week. | 我有一个礼拜没穿比基尼了 |
[11:13] | – Oh, I have to lose, like, three major pounds. – Please don’t make me kill you. | 喔 我还得减掉3磅 别逼我杀你 |
[11:17] | I’m still waiting for the rest of the Grayson story. | 我还等着听Grayson晚餐的事 |
[11:19] | There’s not much more to tell. I chickened out and didn’t tell him I was Deb. | 也没什么好说 我就太孬了 不敢跟他说我是Deb |
[11:23] | But I really wanted to. | 可我超想说的 |
[11:25] | So, invite him to another dinner, open a couple bottles of wine, and spill. | 那就再邀他一起吃晚餐 喝个酒壮胆 说个畅快 |
[11:30] | – I can’t. – Why not? | – 不行阿 – 为什么 |
[11:32] | Because of Fred. I promised him I wouldn’t tell. | 因为Fred 我答应他不会说的 |
[11:36] | Okay, I don’t want to hear any more about this make-believe Fred person. | 够了 我不想再听 这个什么虚构Fred |
[11:40] | Sweetie, did you sign up for the Jillian Ford diet? | 甜心 你报名Jillian Ford减肥法了? |
[11:44] | – Let’s do it together! – No. I didn’t. | – 我们一起试试看 – 我没有报名 |
[11:46] | I’m suing Ms. Ford. | 我是要告Ford小姐 |
[11:48] | What? Why? Models swear by her diet. | 为什么 模特儿们都超崇拜她 |
[11:51] | Kecia Long– she does all those lingerie spreads– | Kecia Long 她专拍性感内衣广告 |
[11:54] | She goes on Jillian Ford every year after the holidays… | 每年放假大吃过后 都会用Jillian Ford减肥法 |
[11:57] | and loses, like, 20 pounds in 2 weeks. | 差不多两星期就瘦20磅 |
[11:59] | Wait, isn’t Kecia the one who tried to get us to eat nothing but maple syrup for a month? | 等等 Kecia不就是那个想叫我们 一整个月 只吃蜂蜜糖浆减肥那个 |
[12:03] | – What happened to her? – Um, I think her colon exploded. | – 她后来怎么了 – 恩 好像肠子爆掉了 |
[12:06] | Mm-hmm. | 是阿 |
[12:08] | Jillian’s diet is making my client’s daughter really sick. | Jillian减肥法 害我客户女儿生病 |
[12:11] | I had these EZ Thin bars analyzed by a lab. | 我把简单瘦饼干拿去化验 |
[12:14] | Ooh. Look at you all “CSI”. | 喔 看你一付CSI的样子 |
[12:16] | You know what’s in them? Caffeine, guarine, and ephedrine. | 你知道成分是什么吗 咖啡因 鸟嘌呤 麻黄素 |
[12:20] | Is that last one from “Dreamgirls”? | 最后一个不是”梦幻女郎”里的吗 |
[12:22] | That’s basically speed disguised as nutritional supplements. | 根本就是把安非他命 包装成营养补充品来卖 |
[12:26] | Yeah. | 是阿 |
[12:27] | But does it work? | 那有用吗 |
[12:28] | No, no, no, no. We do not eat the evidence. | 不行不行 证据不能吃 |
[12:32] | Good luck! | 祝你好运了 |
[12:44] | “Jane, turns out I broke, like, 62 rules when I kissed Stacy… | 看来我亲Stacy时 犯了62条天庭门规 |
[12:48] | “and I’ve been transferred back to the home office. | 我被调回来办公室了 |
[12:51] | “I’d ask you to tell her it was worth it, but… | 本想请你转告Stacy 这是值得的 |
[12:53] | “she won’t know what you’re talking about. | 但她会不懂你在说什么 |
[12:55] | “When I left, all memories of me were erased except yours. | 我回来时 除了你 其他和我有关的记忆都消除 |
[12:59] | “Rules are rules. | 规定就这样 |
[13:01] | “Take care of yourself, Jane. | 保重了 Jane |
[13:03] | “I’m still looking out for you, just from higher up. | 我还是会守护你 只是从天堂这里 |
[13:06] | Best, Fred.” | Fred留 |
[13:14] | We’re asking for an injunction shutting down the program… | 我们要对该减肥法申请禁止令 |
[13:16] | and a settlement large enough to send a message. | 让和解金额高的吓人 |
[13:19] | – Great. – Yeah. | – 太好了 – 是阿 |
[13:20] | – Oh, my God! That’s her! – Hannah! | – 喔 天阿 是她本人 – Hannah! |
[13:22] | Hi! I’m Hannah Porter. | 嗨 我是Hannah Porter |
[13:24] | – Hello. You’re the girl who’s– – Oh, it was my mom’s idea. | 你好 你就是要告我的那个… 喔 是我妈的意思 |
[13:27] | – I think you’re awesome. – Oh. Thank you, darling. | – 我觉得你棒极了 – 谢谢你 小可爱 |
[13:32] | Wow. Very cold hands. | 哇 手好冰 |
[13:33] | Nice to meet you. Stay away from my daughter. | 很高兴认识你 离我女儿远一点 |
[13:35] | Mom! | 妈 |
[13:36] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[13:38] | It doesn’t seem like your client is terribly invested. | 看来你的客户不怎么想打这官司 |
[13:41] | Perhaps we could settle this lawsuit for, uh… | 说不定我们可以用一张签名照 |
[13:43] | an autographed photo. | 做和解金 |
[13:45] | My client is 15… | 我客户才15岁 |
[13:47] | and she doesn’t need role models teaching her how to starve herself. | 不需要有人示范她 怎么饿肚子 |
[13:50] | Counsel, you know better than to directly engage my client. | 律师 你知道不应该与我当事人接触 |
[13:54] | I approached her. I did. | 我先找她的 是我 |
[13:57] | Listen, bringing this to trial will cost a lot of time and money. | 听着 上法庭只是浪费时间 浪费金钱 |
[14:01] | Ms. Ford, we’re more than happy to avoid court… | Ford小姐 我们很乐意思底下解决 |
[14:04] | as soon as you bring your products up to FDA standards and post warning labels. | 只要你拿产品去食品与药物管理局检验 并标上警告标语 |
[14:08] | Are you kidding? Ms. Bingum, I use these products myself… | 你在开玩笑吧 Bingum小姐 产品我自己也在用 |
[14:10] | and I am, by far, the healthiest person in this conversation. | 而我看来 这段谈话的人里 我算是最健康的 |
[14:14] | Besides, who would buy a diet program with warning labels? | 何况 有谁会买有警告标语的减肥产品 |
[14:19] | Well, say hello to the point. | 是阿 这就是重点 |
[14:25] | – We will see you in court. – Can’t wait. | |
[14:37] | What? | 什么 |
[14:38] | Nothing. I didn’t say anything. | 没事 我什么都没说 |
[14:40] | – You were about to. – You’re right. | – 你本来要说 – 是没错 |
[14:43] | I wanted to say that we’re all behind you. | 我只想告诉你 大家都支持你 |
[14:46] | Don’t worry. It’s gonna be a piece of cake. | 别担心 就像吃蛋糕一样简单 |
[14:52] | Adam Bay is in the conference room. If you’d rather stay out here– | Adam Bay在会议室了 如果你不想进去… |
[14:55] | No, no, no, no. I want to see that little cockroach face-to-face. | 不 我要面对那个卑鄙死蟑螂 |
[14:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:59] | Just try not to strangle him ’cause there will be witnesses. | 控制自己 别痛下杀手 会有证人在场 |
[15:02] | No promises. | 不保证喔 |
[15:04] | Let Parker do the talking. This will all be over soon. | 都让Parker来说 很快就没事的 |
[15:06] | Fine. I won’t say a word. | 好 我一个字都不会说 |
[15:09] | $200,000? Are you out of your mind?! | 二十万 你疯了吧 |
[15:12] | – It does seem a little high. – Yeah, and so do they. | – 价码实在有点夸张 – 就跟他们的脑袋一样 |
[15:14] | – You’re right. She does have temper. – She can’t control herself. That’s why I’m here. | 你说的对 她果然脾气差 她控制不了自己 也是为什么我会在这 |
[15:18] | – You son of a bitch. – Kim. | – 你这狗娘养的 – Kim. |
[15:19] | Adam was traumatized by his experience… | Adam这事件过后受创 |
[15:22] | and has been unable to find work in the legal profession. | 而且没办法从事法律相关工作 |
[15:24] | Seems to me your client is lying his ass off, which makes him perfect for the legal profession. | 看来你当事人 谎撒的脸不红气不喘 正好非常适合法律相关行业 |
[15:28] | Kim, let’s try and keep this constructive. | Kim 我们不要离题了 |
[15:32] | You have our number. | 你有我们的电话 |
[15:36] | 24 hours, or we go to a jury. | 24小时 不然法庭见 |
[15:38] | Adam. | |
[15:42] | Ugh! | 阿 |
[15:44] | – She’ll take a lot less. – I didn’t do anything. | – 价码谈低一点她也会接受 – 我什么都没做干麻和解 |
[15:46] | I understand that, but a jury might not. | 我知道 但陪审团就不一定了 |
[15:48] | And if you lose at trial, I can’t keep you at the firm. | 如果你输了 我也不能留你 |
[15:51] | Your reputation becomes a liability, and my insurance company won’t allow it. | 你的名声对公司会很不利 而保险公司不会赔偿 |
[15:54] | I don’t care. Let’s go to trial. I’ll represent myself if I have to. | 我不管 我要上法庭 必要的话 我替自己辩护 |
[15:56] | You don’t have to do that. I’ll represent Kim. | 不用这样 我帮Kim辩护 |
[16:00] | Employment law was my focus at Pearson. | 我之前在Pearson就是专门打雇佣官司 |
[16:02] | Parker, please. | Parker 拜托 |
[16:05] | We can beat this. | 我们会赢的 |
[16:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:10] | But know that her career with us is effectively over if you don’t. | 如果没赢的话 她的事业就也烟消云散 |
[16:26] | Hey, I meant to thank you for that dinner the other night. | 嘿 我一直想谢谢你那天的晚餐 |
[16:28] | Oh. Of course. It’s my pleasure. | 喔 当然 我的荣幸 |
[16:32] | – English muffin? – Um, sure. | – 英式松饼要吗 – 好阿 |
[16:35] | So we should have dinner again sometime. | 我们应该再找时间一起吃饭 |
[16:37] | Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Uh, how about tonight? | 我也是这么想 呃 今晚如何 |
[16:41] | – Oh, I can’t. – Oh, yeah, me neither. | – 喔 没办法 – 其实我也不行 |
[16:44] | – But you just said– – No, I just meant… metaphorically. | – 可你刚才问… – 不是啦 我只是 很顺口的问了 |
[16:48] | – You’re busy? – Drowning. Kim’s harassment case. | |
[16:51] | – How’d you get roped into that? – I offered. | – 你是怎么被卷进那案子的 – 我自愿的 |
[16:54] | Everyone needs someone in their corner. It’s why we went to law school, right? | 每个人都需要有人能替他们站出来 就是我们决定当律师的原因对吧 |
[16:58] | Absolutely. All four years. | 当然 念了四年的原因 |
[17:01] | Three years. | 三年 |
[17:02] | Right. Yeah. No, I know. | 喔 对阿 我知道 |
[17:04] | It’s just that the first year seems like two. | 第一年像两年一样漫长 |
[17:08] | Um, Kim’s really lucky to have you. | 恩 Kim很幸运有你 |
[17:11] | So, after the case, we should grab that dinner. | 那 案子忙完 一起吃个饭 |
[17:13] | Great. I’ll make pumpkin ravioli. | 没问题 我会做南瓜云吞 |
[17:17] | I love pumpkin ravioli. | 我爱南瓜云吞 |
[17:19] | I can’t wait. | 等不及了 |
[17:27] | – I got your file from H.R. – That’s pretty thick. | – 我去人事部门拿了你的资料 – 好厚一叠 |
[17:30] | It looks like you’ve been through quite a few assistants. | 看起来你助理换过不少 |
[17:33] | I’m picky. | 我很挑 |
[17:34] | Some of those assistants only lasted a couple of weeks. | 有一些只撑了几个星期 |
[17:37] | – One guy quit after lunch, day one. – So? | – 还有个第一天中午过后就辞职了 – 所以? |
[17:40] | Look, I’m not judging. I’m asking. | 听着 我没有批评的意思 只是问问题 |
[17:42] | Are you asking if my assistants keep leaving because I sexually harass them? | 问我说 助理们一直离开 是不是因为性骚扰? |
[17:46] | Kim, you know harassment suits get ugly. We need to be prepared for anything. | Kim 你也知道性骚扰官司后来会变不堪 我们一定要准备好 |
[17:51] | You’re right. Let’s keep going. | 你说的对 继续吧 |
[17:53] | – We still need character witnesses. – I’m working on it. | – 我们还需要品格证人 – 我再找了 |
[17:55] | Are you in touch with any of your old assistants? | 你有找你以前的助理看看吗 |
[17:57] | Why would I keep in touch with people I fire? | 为什么我要找被我开除的人 |
[17:59] | – Kim. – Look… | – Kim. -听着 |
[18:00] | if you’re gonna defend me, you need to know a few things. | 如果你要替我辩护 你就要知道 |
[18:02] | I’m not warm. I’m not fuzzy. | 我不热情 我不亲切 |
[18:04] | I don’t remember children’s names or birthdays or if your parents are visiting. | 我不会去记 小孩的名字 其他人或生日 或关心别人父母怎样 |
[18:08] | I do my job. If you want a character witness… | 我只管做好我的工作 你要一个品格证人 |
[18:10] | go talk to the guy who owns the deli on the first floor. | 去一楼熟食店的老板 |
[18:12] | I buy my coffee from him every day, and he finds me perfectly delightful. | 我每天都去那买咖啡 而他觉得我人很好 |
[18:16] | I have to get back to work. Excuse me. | 我要回去工作了 借过 |
[18:21] | Hannah fainted in Spanish class, and the school called me in. | Hannah在西班牙文课昏倒 校方打电话给我 |
[18:26] | And I raced her to the doctor. | 我急忙载她去看医生 |
[18:28] | And he said she was fainting because of her diet. | 他说昏倒是因为减肥的关系 |
[18:31] | The Jillian Ford diet. | Jillian Ford减肥法 |
[18:34] | Jillian Ford instructs her clients to eat no more than 500 calories a day. | Jillian Ford告诉消费者们 一天不能吃超过500卡 |
[18:39] | Doctors have a name for this diet. They call it starvation. | 医生对这减肥法有个称呼 饿死不偿命 |
[18:42] | Objection. The witness is not a medical expert. | 反对 证人不是医学专家 |
[18:44] | The witness isn’t a moron either. Hey, guess what– | 证人也不是白痴 拜托喔 |
[18:48] | You don’t have to go to medical school to know that if you don’t eat, you starve. | 你不用念医学院也知道 不吃就会饿死 |
[18:51] | Sustained. Jury will disregard. | 反对有效 陪审团请勿采纳 |
[18:56] | What about the supplements that Jillian Ford sells? | 那些Jillian Ford营养补充食品呢 |
[18:58] | According to Hannah’s doctor, they’re not supplements at all. | Hannah的医生说 他们根本不营养 |
[19:01] | There’s no fatty acids, no fiber. | 没有脂肪酸 没有纤维 |
[19:04] | The doctor believes that these pills contributed to her arrhythmia. | 医生认为 这些食品 导致她心律不整 |
[19:07] | She may not have liked how she looked before, but… | 她也许讨厌她以前的样子 但是 |
[19:11] | she was healthy. | 至少她很健康 |
[19:14] | Thank you, Claire. | 谢谢你 Claire |
[19:17] | – A teenager can be a lot of work. – Yes, they can. | – 家有青少年 不简单吧 – 是阿 |
[19:19] | And parents don’t always have control over everything their children do. | 父母常常无法控制孩子 让孩子听话 是吧 |
[19:23] | No, they don’t. | 是 没办法 |
[19:25] | Hannah lost a lot of weight very quickly. | Hannah减肥速度很快 |
[19:28] | Is it possible that she ignored instructions… | 会不会是因为她无视减肥说明 |
[19:32] | ate too little, and overdosed on the supplements? | 吃的过少 补充食品又吃过多 |
[19:35] | – It’s possible. – Without you knowing? | – 有可能 – 而你不知道 |
[19:38] | Well, I don’t know what she’s doing every second of the day. | 我没办法时时刻刻 知道她在做什么 |
[19:42] | I see. | 明白了 |
[19:43] | If- if Hannah was flunking out of school because she watched too much TV… | 如果Hannah因为 看太多电视 荒废课业被退学 |
[19:48] | would you sue the network? | 你要告电视台吗 |
[19:50] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[19:51] | You’d act like a parent and turn off the television. | 你会像个家长一样 关掉电视 |
[19:54] | – And you’re a good mother. – I believe so. | – 你是个好妈妈 – 我是这么认为 |
[19:56] | Who paid for the Jillian Ford diet plan for Hannah? | Hannah的Jillian Ford减肥法 是谁付的钱 |
[20:01] | – I did. – Really? | – 我付的 – 真的吗 |
[20:03] | You pulled out your credit card… | 你刷了信用卡 |
[20:06] | and bought Hannah something you believe damaged her heart. | 替Hannah买了会伤害他身体的东西 |
[20:08] | No, it’s not like that. She was very unhappy. | 不 不是这样的 她很不快乐 |
[20:10] | It seems to me that either you’re not such a good mother… | 看起来 要不就是 你不是个好妈妈 |
[20:13] | or you’re wrong about the Jillian Ford diet. Which is it? | 要不就是 你错怪Jillian Ford减肥法 是哪一个 |
[20:15] | Objection! Disrespectful. | 反对! 太无礼了 |
[20:18] | You know, maybe your mother didn’t do such a good job. | 也许是你妈妈没有把你教好 |
[20:21] | Withdrawn. | 撤回 |
[20:23] | No more questions. | 没有问题了 |
[20:30] | Teri… | |
[20:31] | you’ve been an assistant for a while, right? | 你当助理好一阵子了吧 |
[20:34] | Dude, are we really gonna have a “what color is your parachute?” moment? | 拜托 我们真要来个 “你降落伞是什么颜色”之类的无聊对话吗 |
[20:37] | Everyone’s got their own path. | 不是每个人都要合得来 |
[20:39] | No, what I mean is… | 不 我意思是 |
[20:41] | you must have a lot of friends in the whole… assistant-paralegal network. | 你在律师助理界 应该… 有蛮多朋友的吧 |
[20:44] | Well, I don’t want to brag, but my twitter feed is through the roof. | 不是我要吹牛 很多人追我的推特(微网志) |
[20:47] | Do you think maybe you could track down someone who worked for Kim… | 那你能不能 替Kim找到一些能说她好话 |
[20:50] | and has something positive to say? | 的前任助理们 |
[20:53] | – Why would I do that? – Listen, I know you’re not best friends… | 为什么我要帮她 我知道你们不是很要好 |
[20:56] | with her, but do you really think Kim harassed Adam? | 但你真的觉得Kim有骚扰Adam吗 |
[20:59] | No. Tormented, maybe. | 不 说虐待还差不多 |
[21:02] | Harassed? She’s too smart for that. | 骚扰吗 她太精明 不可能的 |
[21:05] | This lawsuit’s a career killer. She may not show it… | 这官司可能毁了她的事业 她可能没表现出来 |
[21:08] | but Kim’s terrified. | 但她真的很害怕 |
[21:10] | I guess I could make some calls… | 我想可以打几通电话 |
[21:12] | maybe hit a couple happy hours after work. | 找大家下班后去喝一杯 |
[21:14] | There is no one chattier than a drunk assistant. | 喝醉的助理话最多了 |
[21:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:17] | Oh, I’m gonna need some money for expenses. Okay if I bill your client? | 喔 我会需要一些开销 算你客户帐上没问题吧 |
[21:25] | Adam Bay vs. Kim Kaswell and Harrison & Parker, LLP. | Adam Bay与Kim Kaswell及Harrison/Parker事务所的官司 |
[21:29] | I’m ready to hear witnesses. | 证人请上证人席 |
[21:31] | I don’t think I’ll be able to forget the incident. | 我想我永远忘不了那天的事情 |
[21:34] | It wasn’t an incident. It was an office Christmas party. | 根本没什么事情 就只是办公室耶诞派对 |
[21:36] | There was an open bar, and I was having a great time. | 有免费酒吧 我玩的很开心 |
[21:40] | I was swamped with end-of-the-year paperwork… | 我本来忙着整理年度的诉讼文件 |
[21:42] | but I decided to take a break… | 不过还是决定休息一下 |
[21:44] | make an appearance, and grab a slice of cake. | 去了派对 拿了一块蛋糕 |
[21:47] | Ms. Kaswell invited me back to her office. | Kaswell小姐邀我到他办公室 |
[21:49] | I- I figured she just wanted me to do some work. | 我想她是有工作要交给我 |
[21:53] | – But then she shut the door. – He followed me back to my office. | 可是她把门关上 他跟着我回办公室的 |
[21:56] | – I never shut the door. – But I couldn’t say no. | – 我不可能关门 – 我没办法拒绝 |
[21:59] | She’s a senior associate. | 她是资深律师 |
[22:02] | I didn’t think anyone would believe me. | 我想说 讲了不会有人相信我 |
[22:04] | That’s when I took out my cellphone and hit record. | 就把手机拿出来录影 |
[22:08] | What kind of person records their boss? | 什么人会录自己老板 |
[22:10] | He’s the one who should be on trial, not me. | 他才应该被告 不是我 |
[22:12] | I can’t get a job. I can’t sleep. | 我找不到工作 睡不着 |
[22:15] | My doctor said I have post-traumatic stress. | 医生说我这是创伤后压力 |
[22:19] | The only thing being stressed is the truth. | 唯一有压力的就是事实 |
[22:21] | He was an incompetent employee. | 他办事效率差 |
[22:24] | As a liar, not so bad. | 说谎 还不差 |
[22:25] | Ms. Kaswell, isn’t it true that you worked as a professor’s assistant… | Kaswell小姐 你是否在 法学院毕业那年 |
[22:29] | during your final year of law school? | 曾担任助教? |
[22:32] | I did. | 是的 |
[22:32] | And was Robert Burns one of your students? | Robert Burns是你的学生吗 |
[22:34] | Objection. This name never came up in discovery. | 反对 名字并未事先提出 |
[22:36] | Your honor, we obtained this information immediately prior to court today. | 法官大人 我们是今天稍早 才接获这个消息 |
[22:39] | It better be relevant. | 最好是有相关 |
[22:42] | It is. | 是的 |
[22:44] | Was Robert Burns your student? | Robert Burns是你的学生吗 |
[22:47] | – I suppose. – You suppose. | – 应该吧 – 应该吧 |
[22:53] | I think you’d remember the name of a student who sued you for sexual harassment. | 一个告过你性骚扰的学生 我想你应该不会忘记 |
[22:56] | Objection! | 反对 |
[22:57] | – Did you sleep with your student, Ms. Kaswell? – Your honor! | 你和你的学生有没有性行为 Kaswell小姐 |
[23:00] | Sustained. Shut it down, counsel. | 法官大人 反对有效 律师 请停止 |
[23:02] | Jury will disregard. | 陪审团请勿采纳 |
[23:08] | Hey, is it okay if I leave early tonight? | 嘿 我今天可以早点下班吗 |
[23:10] | Grayson asked me to try and find someone with something nice to say about Kim… | Grayson请我帮忙 找可以说Kim好话的人 |
[23:13] | – and it is a long drive to hell. – That case isn’t over yet? | 都快找到地狱了 那官司还没完阿 |
[23:16] | What’s the rush? I thought you’d want Kim’s humiliation to be long and drawn out. | 干麻那么急 我以为你会希望 Kim的羞辱过程长一点 |
[23:20] | Or maybe that’s just me. | 还是只有我这么想 |
[23:21] | I need Grayson to focus on something else. | 我需要Grayson专心在别的事 |
[23:24] | Like? | 什么事 |
[23:26] | Nothing. Never mind. | 没事 没什么 |
[23:29] | Oh, the defense just faxed over a new witness list for the Jillian Ford ca– | 喔 Jillian Ford的被告律师传真了张 新的证人名单 |
[23:33] | Oh, you are gonna want to see this. | 喔 你一定要看一下 |
[23:36] | – He can’t call me! – I’m plaintiff’s counsel! | 他不能传我 我是原告律师耶 |
[23:38] | Ms. Bingum has information relevant to our defense… | Bingum小姐有与被告相关的讯息 |
[23:41] | – and she is on our witness list. – I just got that 10 minutes ago. | 我们有列在证人名单里 我十分钟前才收到的 |
[23:44] | – 10 minutes is still notice. – This is highly irregular, Mr. Hunter. | 十分钟前收到也算 很不寻常 Hunter先生 |
[23:47] | I acknowledge that, your honor. | 我承认 法官大人 |
[23:49] | And if you believe we’ve wasted the court’s time, hold me in contempt. | 如果你觉得我会占用庭上的时间 就视我藐视法庭好了 |
[23:51] | Don’t think I won’t. But for now, I’m curious. | 别以为我不敢 但我还蛮好奇的 |
[23:54] | You have your witness and a very short leash. | 你可以问证人 但我会很严格 |
[23:57] | – Your honor, you’re not really going to– – Ms. Bingum, consider yourself sworn in. | 法官大人 你该不会真要让他 Bingum小姐 就当作这是宣誓就职 |
[24:03] | You’ve been on a number of different diets, haven’t you? | 你试过很多减肥法 对吧 |
[24:05] | – Objection. None of his business. – Overruled. Answer the question. | 反对 干你屁事 反对无效 请回答 |
[24:10] | Probably. | 应该吧 |
[24:11] | Have you ever used my client’s weight-loss system? | 你有没有试过我当事人的减肥法 |
[24:15] | That’s a stupid question. Of course not. | 什么白痴问题 当然没有 |
[24:18] | So before this trial began, you weren’t a big fan… | 所以… 法庭审理前 你不是Jillian Ford |
[24:21] | of the Jillian Ford EZ Thin diet plan? | 简单瘦计划的疯狂消费者之一 |
[24:26] | Two words. “No”, and “way”. | 两个字 “不”和”是” |
[24:31] | Care to explain this? | 那可以请你解释一下吗 |
[24:33] | I’ve tried other diets. Nothing worked. | 我试过很多减肥法 都没效 |
[24:35] | But after 10 days of being on the Jillian Ford EZ Thin plan… | 但用了Jillian Ford的 简单瘦计划十天过后 |
[24:38] | I’ve lost 15 pounds! | 我就甩了15磅 |
[24:39] | All I can say is, thank you, Jillian Ford. | 我只想说 谢谢你 Jillian Ford |
[24:42] | I took it off, and I can’t wait to keep it off! | 试了有效 而我等不及持续下去 |
[24:52] | I mean, how could you not tell me that you were on her diet? | 搞什么 你为什么没告诉我你用过她的减肥法 |
[24:56] | Okay, this is exactly what they want– To sway your confidence in me. | 好了 他们就是打算这样 让你对我没信心 |
[24:59] | – Well, it worked. – Claire, like I told the judge… | – 还真的成功了 – Claire 就像我跟法官说的 |
[25:01] | I honestly don’t remember being on that diet. | 我真的不记得我有试过她的减肥法 |
[25:04] | I’ve been on so many, I guess. I don’t know! | 可能我试过太多 我也不知道 |
[25:09] | – You believe me, right? – I don’t have much choice. | – 你相信我 对吧 – 我也没有其他选择 |
[25:13] | I have to get back to Hannah. She’s not feeling well, and she is furious at me for all this. | 我要回去找Hannah了 她身体有点不舒服 还很气我这整件事搞成这样 |
[25:17] | I cannot believe that Jillian Ford has more credibility with my daughter than I do. | 我真的很难过 我女儿 宁可相信Jillian Ford也不相信我 |
[25:21] | We’re going to fix that. | 我们会有办法的 |
[25:26] | Why didn’t you tell me I was on her diet? | 你为什么不跟我说 我试过那减肥法 |
[25:29] | Whoa. Now it’s my fault? I can’t keep up with your diet of the month. | 等一下 你现在怪我了吗 我没办法每次都追踪你减肥进度 |
[25:32] | You’re right. | 是没错 |
[25:34] | I wonder why I didn’t stick with EZ Thin. Do you think it made me sick? | 我在想为什么我没继续用简单瘦 你觉得是因为我生病了吗 |
[25:38] | – Maybe you should ask your doctor. – Ooh, good idea. | – 你要问你的医生才知道吧 – 喔 好主意 |
[25:41] | – Wait. – What? | – 等等 – 怎样 |
[25:42] | Who’s my doctor? | 我的医生是谁 |
[25:47] | So… how’s the gym working out? | 那 健身房情形如何 |
[25:50] | The gym? | 健身房? |
[25:52] | At your last physical, you promised me 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. | 你上次来检查 答应我 一个礼拜三次 各30分钟 |
[25:56] | Oh. It’s fine. | 喔 还不错 |
[25:58] | Listen, I wanted to talk to you about the Jillian Ford diet. | 那个… 我想问你Jillian Ford减肥法的事 |
[26:04] | Please tell me you are not thinking about doing that again. | 拜托不要说 你又想继续试了 |
[26:07] | Well, it kind of worked the first time, didn’t it? | 但上次蛮有效的 不是吗 |
[26:11] | Selective memory, huh? Tell yourself whatever you want. | 来选择性记忆这套 是吧 选择有瘦下来那部份 |
[26:16] | It worked… for three weeks, Jane, and then it didn’t. | 有效没错 短短三个礼拜而已 就没效了 |
[26:19] | Because I didn’t have the discipline. | 因为我没有撑下去 |
[26:21] | Why do you always do that to yourself? | 你干麻每次都这样 |
[26:23] | Do what? | 怎样 |
[26:26] | It had nothing to do with willpower. | 这跟你的意志力没关系 |
[26:29] | Your body could only starve itself for three weeks. | 身体本来就只能饿三个礼拜 |
[26:34] | But hundreds of people posted their success stories on her website. | 可是好几百人 都上网写减肥见证阿 |
[26:37] | Oh. Yes. And have you seen many of them lately? | 喔 是阿 你最近有看到那些人怎样吗 |
[26:41] | Because my guess would be that their success was as short-lived as yours. | 我猜也和你一样 短短几个礼拜的效果而已 |
[26:47] | This is like when you came to me with the idea about gastric bypass. | 那时候你竟然还想说 要做胃绕路手术 |
[26:50] | – I was gonna have weight-loss surgery? – I wouldn’t even give you a brochure. | 我本来要做减肥手术? 我连传单都不给你呢 |
[26:56] | Well, everything looks good. | 看起来状况不错 |
[26:58] | Your blood pressure’s a little high. You anxious about something? | 血压有点高 有什么事情烦着你吗 |
[27:02] | No. | 没 |
[27:04] | Well, a little. | 呃 有一点 |
[27:06] | It’s– there’s something going on at work. | 工作发生了一些事 |
[27:09] | Something or, um, someone? | 是一些事还是 某个人 |
[27:13] | You’re a good doctor. | 你真的很厉害 |
[27:16] | It’s… someone… | 是某件事 |
[27:19] | I’ve been meaning to tell something to. | 我一直想告诉某个人 |
[27:22] | Well, my advice, as a medical professional… | 我的建议… 医生的建议 |
[27:25] | is, um, the sooner you do it, the sooner you’ll feel better. | 快点把事情做完 就快点轻松 |
[27:29] | – Thanks. – See you next time, Jane. | – 谢谢 – 下次见了 Jane |
[27:39] | Here you go. Two pitchers of the imported stuff. | 好了 两大壶的进口名酒 |
[27:42] | Keep the tab open. I’ll be back. | 记在帐上 我等等还会回来 |
[27:45] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 大伙 |
[27:47] | Any room at the Mishop & MacKenzie table? | Bishop/MacKenzie事务所挂的 让个位子吧 |
[27:49] | Drinks are on me. | 今天我请 |
[27:50] | – What’s the occasion? – Kim Kaswell’s harassment trial. | – 什么日子阿 – Kim Kaswell的性骚扰官司 |
[27:53] | We’ve been drinking to that all night. | 我们可以庆祝一整晚了 |
[27:55] | So here’s a question. Anyone interested in testifying on her behalf? | 但我有个请求 有人愿意出庭做她的证人吗 |
[28:02] | Do you know if the guys from Melveny are here? | 那有人知道去哪找Melveny事务所的人吗 |
[28:09] | I should have told you about Robert Burns. I just– | 我应该跟你说Robert Burns的事 我只是… |
[28:11] | How am I supposed to defend you when you keep bombshells like that from me? | 你一直给我出这种包 我要怎么帮你辩护 |
[28:14] | – I didn’t think it was– – Relevant? | – 我觉得那件事… – 没有关联吗 |
[28:16] | – You mean you were hoping it wouldn’t come up. – I didn’t do anything wrong. | 你只是希望会没有关联吧 我没做错什么 |
[28:19] | This kid didn’t like the “C” I gave him and decided to get back at me by filing a complaint. | 那学生不爽我给他70几分 提起诉讼要报复我 |
[28:23] | The school cleared me. | 学校还我清白了 |
[28:25] | They just settled with him anyway to avoid the publicity. | 但为了不影响校誉 还是跟他和解 |
[28:29] | God, why does this keep happening to me? | 为什么这种事都发生在我身上 |
[28:33] | – What? – Nothing. | – 干麻 – 没什么 |
[28:34] | No, I want to hear this. | 不 我想听 |
[28:36] | I’ve seen you use a pout or a smile to get what you want. | 你常为了目标不择手段 |
[28:38] | Yeah, it’s called normal human behavior. I’m not gonna make excuses for who I am. | 是没错 那叫人之常情 我才不会替我个性找藉口 |
[28:41] | I’m just saying you’re perceived in a certain way. People will take advantage of that. | 我只是想说 大家都知道你这样子的个性 会想利用你 |
[28:45] | Do you believe me… about Adam and Robert Burns? | 那你相信我吗 Adam和Robert Burns的事 |
[28:51] | I do. | 我相信 |
[28:53] | But I’m not the jury. | 但我不是陪审团 |
[28:58] | Here’s what’s gonna happen. | 我告诉你 等一下会发生什么事 |
[29:00] | In a few minutes, your phone will ring. | 几分钟后 你电话会响起 |
[29:04] | Parker will ask you to come up to his office by yourself. | Parker会叫你自己上楼找他 |
[29:07] | He’ll demand that you settle the case. | 命令你与对方和解 |
[29:09] | Please don’t. | 请不要 |
[29:12] | Otherwise, I might as well just admit that I’m guilty. | 这样的话 跟我承认我有罪没什么两样 |
[29:16] | And I’m not. | 而我没有 |
[29:33] | – Rough night? – You could say. | – 漫长的一晚? – 可以这么说 |
[29:35] | I’ve never had less fun getting drunk on someone else’s credit card. | 我从来没有花别人的钱喝酒 喝的这么不开心的 |
[29:40] | Maybe I can help. | 我也许可以帮忙 |
[29:42] | Are you trying to flirt with me? | 你在�亿ㄎ衣� |
[29:45] | You want me to? | 你要我搭讪你吗 |
[29:47] | Answering a question with a question– You sound like a lawyer. | 用问题回答问题 真像个律师 |
[29:50] | I am. Well, I was, briefly… | 我是阿 应该说 我之前是 |
[29:53] | until I figured out how much I hate swimming with the sharks. | 直到我发现 我有多恨那种”与鲨共游”的生活 |
[29:56] | So I bailed, got a job managing this place. | 所以我闪人了 到这里工作 |
[29:59] | – You ever work with Kim Kaswell? – No. | – 你替Kim Kaswell工作过吗 – 没 |
[30:03] | Yeah. That’d be too easy. | 就知道不会这么简单 |
[30:05] | But I did work with Adam Bay. | 但我和Adam Bay一起工作过 |
[30:07] | You have been eavesdropping. | 你一直在偷听 |
[30:09] | You’re not exactly subtle or quiet. | 你也没有多低调 蛮大声的 |
[30:13] | It’s guys like Adam that are the reason why I’m tending bar. | 那种人 就是我宁愿当酒保的原因 |
[30:16] | That entire lawsuit is so B.S. | 整件官司根本就乱来 |
[30:18] | Really? Care to say that in court? | 真的吗 愿不愿意上法庭讲 |
[30:21] | I’m kind of a behind-the-scenes kind of guy. | 我走低调路线的 |
[30:24] | You know what? Let me call you a cab. | 这样吧 我帮你叫计程车 |
[30:27] | I’ll tell you a good story while we wait. | 等车的时候再告诉你 |
[30:36] | Internet backgammon? | 网路双陆棋? |
[30:39] | – How’d you know? – Lucky guess. | – 你怎么知道 – 刚好猜到的 |
[30:43] | What are you still doing here? | 你还在这干麻 |
[30:44] | I have hours of phone calls to make looking for unhappy dieters. | 打了好几个小时的电话 想找不开心的减肥者 |
[30:48] | – Are there any other kind? – Good point. | – 他们哪时开心过 – 说的也对 |
[30:52] | – I heard you had a rocky day in court. – Got rockier when we got back. | 听说你法庭不是很顺利 回来后更不顺利 |
[30:58] | Parker called me upstairs. Told me we had to settle. | Parker找我上楼 叫我要和解 |
[31:01] | But I don’t think I can do that to Kim. | 但我不能对Kim这么做 |
[31:03] | If we settle, it kills her career. | 如果和解 她事业也等于完了 |
[31:05] | And if you don’t, Parker thinks you’re being insubordinate. | 如果不和解 Parker又觉得你不顺从他 |
[31:08] | Yeah. | 是阿 |
[31:11] | Any other client, there’d be no question. | 如果是别的客户就算了 没问题 |
[31:14] | I’d do what he says. But this is Kim. It’s different. | 他说了我就听 但这是Kim耶 不一样 |
[31:18] | ‘Cause she’s a colleague and we work with her? | 因为她是我们的同事吗 |
[31:22] | That’s part of it. | 其中一个原因 |
[31:24] | There’s something else? | 有其他原因吗 |
[31:26] | Ever since Deb died, I feel like… | 自从Deb死后 我一直觉得 |
[31:30] | I don’t know, like she’s not really gone. And I keep… | 不知道耶 就有种感觉 好像她没有离开 |
[31:34] | looking for her in other women. And every now and then… | 我一直在别人身上找她的感觉 偶尔… |
[31:39] | I see something in Kim. | 就会在Kim身上找到 |
[31:43] | Wait. Before you say anything else, I have something to tell you. | 等等 你先别说下去 我有话告诉你 |
[31:46] | What? | 什么 |
[31:47] | You don’t have to look anymore. Deb’s here. | 你不用再找了 Deb就在这 |
[31:52] | I’m Deb. | 我就是Deb |
[31:53] | No, I was on my way to “The Price is Right” audition… | 我去全民估价王甄选路上 |
[31:56] | and that’s when I got hit by the truck. And up in heaven, I pressed this button… | 撞到一辆卡车 上了天堂 按了个钮 |
[32:00] | and they sent me back in this body. | 他们就把我送进这个身体里 |
[32:02] | And I know it sounds crazy, but it’s true. | 我知道很夸张 但这是真的 |
[32:06] | Grayson, do you even remember that morning? | Grayson 你还记得那天早上吗 |
[32:08] | Remember? You complimented my knees. | 就是 你称赞我的膝盖 |
[32:11] | And you found my nail polish… | 替我找到指甲油 |
[32:14] | and you– you kissed me goodbye. | 出门前给我个吻 |
[32:21] | – Deb? – Yes. | – Deb? – 对 |
[32:31] | What? | 什么 |
[32:33] | What? | 什么什么 |
[32:34] | You wanted to tell me something. | 你说有事要告诉我 |
[32:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:42] | Knock, knock. | 扣扣扣 |
[32:43] | It took me three happy hours and two last calls, Mr. Kent, sir. | 花了我 三小时的喝酒时间 最后两通电话 Kent先生 长官 |
[32:48] | But I am now suitably happy, and soon you will be, too. | 我现在开心的很 等等你也是 |
[32:51] | Your client is gonna want to buy me an insanely expensive gift. | 你的当事人可要送我 超贵的礼物 |
[32:55] | I’m gonna e-mail her a list of suggestions. | 我要寄张礼物清单给她 |
[32:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:00] | I don’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[33:04] | I guess I’ll go check on Teri. | 我去看看Teri |
[33:14] | All I can say is, thank you, Jillian Ford. | 我只想说 谢谢你 Jillian Ford |
[33:16] | I took it off, and I can’t wait to keep it off! | 试了有效 而我等不及持续下去 |
[33:23] | – What’s wrong? – The motor-oil commercial. | – 怎么了 – 机油广告 |
[33:26] | – You didn’t get it? – Oh, no. I got it. | – 你没选上 – 喔 我有 |
[33:30] | But then the advertising guy told me I had to lose five pounds by Tuesday. | 但厂商要我在 星期二前瘦五磅 |
[33:34] | I told him I would if he would. And then I didn’t get it. | 我跟他说 你可以我就可以 之后我就没选上了 |
[33:38] | Well, good for you. | 这样阿 干的好 |
[33:39] | I hope your week is going better than mine. | 希望你工作比我的顺利 |
[33:43] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:44] | I spent all night interviewing former Jillian Ford clients. | 我花了整晚面谈Jillian Ford之前的消费者 |
[33:47] | And I read all the testimonials online… | 找网路上的减肥见证 |
[33:49] | people who tried her diet a year ago or two years ago. | 一两年的前的消费者 |
[33:52] | Guess how many were able to keep the weight off. | 猜猜看有几个有持续下去的 |
[33:55] | Two. | 两个 |
[33:56] | – But your client Hannah did. – Yeah, and it put her in the hospital. | 你的客户Hannah就有阿 是阿 然后进了医院 |
[34:00] | – What about Jillian Ford? – Yeah, she’s the other one. | – 那Jillian Ford呢 – 对 他是第二个 |
[34:03] | But I think she’s a liar. | 我觉得她是骗人的 |
[34:05] | You mean maybe she was never fat? | 你是说她没有胖过吗 |
[34:07] | No. Look, there’s all these pictures. | 不 你看这里的照片 |
[34:09] | Wow. She lost 110 pounds? | 哇 她甩掉110磅? |
[34:13] | She lost Jessica Alba in six months. | 她六个月瘦掉一个洁西卡艾巴耶 |
[34:16] | I think she’s lying about how she lost it… | 我觉得她骗了大家她减肥的方法 |
[34:19] | and how she kept it off. | 和持续下去的过程 |
[34:21] | I went to my doctor yesterday– Well, Jane’s doctor– | 我昨天去找我的医生 呃 Jane的医生 |
[34:24] | And, apparently, I asked about gastric-bypass surgery. | 她竟然说 我之前想做胃绕道手术 |
[34:28] | – Really? – Don’t get any ideas. | – 真的吗 – 别认真起来 |
[34:30] | I’d have to gain a Jessica Alba to even qualify. | 我还得胖一个洁西卡艾巴才有资格动手术 |
[34:33] | Do you think Jillian Ford had gastric-bypass surgery? | 你觉得Jillian Ford做了胃绕道手术? |
[34:37] | It makes sense, doesn’t it? | 有道理 不是吗 |
[34:39] | She has the surgery to stay thin but tells the world she lost the weight… | 她用胃绕道手术保持身材 骗大家说她减肥成功 |
[34:42] | through some crazy diet… | 是那个疯狂减肥法 |
[34:44] | and then she sits back and watches the money roll in… | 然后就坐享其成 等钱进帐 |
[34:47] | because people are desperate for a magic bullet. | 因为大家都想要 快速有效的解决办法 |
[34:50] | Jane, you’re a genius. | Jane 你真是个天才 |
[34:53] | Well, not yet. I still have to prove it. | 还没呢 还要找证明 |
[34:57] | I’ve noticed that you’ve been wearing a shawl all week. | 我注意到你整个礼拜都穿着披巾 |
[35:00] | – Are you a little chilly, Ms. Ford? – There’s a draft. | – 你是不是觉得冷 Ford小姐 – 空调的关系 |
[35:03] | It’s 75 degrees in here. | 现在大概摄氏40度 |
[35:06] | – And it’s stuffy, isn’t it? – Your honor. | – 空气也有点不流通 – 法官大人 |
[35:09] | Move it along, Ms. Bingum. | 继续 Bingum小姐 |
[35:12] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[35:14] | That is an EZ Thin supplement bar. It is a critical staple to my diet plan. | 轻松瘦营养补充饼干 是减肥法的主要食品 |
[35:18] | So, your regimen calls for you, or anyone on the diet… | 所以你告诉自己 和消费者 |
[35:21] | to eat three of these a day, is that right? | 一天吃三次 对吧 |
[35:24] | That is correct. Yes. | 是的 没错 |
[35:25] | Well, it is about noon, which means you are due for your midday bar. | 现在快中午了 你中午的份量差不多该吃了 |
[35:30] | – Would you do me a solid and eat that? – Excuse me? | – 可以请你帮我个忙 吃掉它 – 什么 |
[35:33] | Oh, go ahead. Take a big bite. They’re tasty. I’ve tried them. | 喔 没关系 就吃一下嘛 蛮好吃的 我有吃过 |
[35:36] | Your honor, Ms. Ford is here to testify, not to eat a snack. | 法官大人 Ford小姐来做证人 不是来吃东西 |
[35:39] | The issue isn’t that she won’t eat it– The issue is that she can’t eat it. | 重点不是她吃不吃 重点是她不能吃 |
[35:43] | Your honor, counsel is giving new meaning to the word “stunt”. | 法官大人 控方律师根本是在耍猴戏 |
[35:46] | Oh, like putting me on the stand didn’t do that already. | 喔 你上次放我上证人席就不是吗 |
[35:49] | – Pot, meet kettle! – Overruled. Proceed, Ms. Bingum. | – 龟笑鳖没尾 – 反对无效 继续 Bingum小姐 |
[35:53] | Ms. Ford… | Ford小姐 |
[35:55] | Can you or can you not eat one of your own EZ Thin bars? | 你能还是不能 吃你自家的轻松瘦饼干 |
[36:02] | At the moment, I cannot. | 目前不行 |
[36:05] | Is that because the second ingredient listed on the package is sucrose… | 是不是因为 包装上的第二项成分是蔗糖 |
[36:08] | and your body can’t tolerate sucrose, like anyone else who underwent gastric-bypass surgery? | 而你不能食用蔗糖 就和那些动了胃绕道手术的人一样 |
[36:13] | Objection! | 反对 |
[36:13] | And isn’t that why you are wearing a heavy shawl in a warm courtroom– | 这是否也是 你在闷热的法庭里 还穿着厚披肩的原因 |
[36:17] | A little cold-sensitive since the surgery? It’s another common side effect. | 手术后的冷敏感 这是常见的副作用 |
[36:20] | – Your honor, are you not going to do anything? – Not on your life. I want to hear the answer. | 法官大人 你不阻止吗 想都别想 我想知道答案 |
[36:24] | Isn’t it true that you had gastric-bypass surgery… | 你是否动了胃绕道手术 |
[36:26] | and that’s how you lost all that weight? | 才瘦下来的 |
[36:31] | It is not a crime. | 这没有罪 |
[36:33] | No, it’s not. | 是没罪 |
[36:35] | But your diet plan is. | 但你的减肥法有 |
[36:37] | And when you pawn it off… | 你把魔爪伸向这些 |
[36:39] | on susceptible young women like Hannah Porter, that’s fraud. | 脆弱的年轻女性 例如Hannah Porter 这叫诈欺 |
[36:44] | Your honor, does counsel have a question? | 法官大人 律师没有问出问题 |
[36:46] | Oh, I have a question. | 喔 我有问题 |
[36:49] | What is the matter with you? | 你是有什么毛病阿 |
[37:00] | Well, I see you’ve come to your senses. | 看来你知道自己在干麻 |
[37:03] | – Where do I sign? – All in good time, son. | – 我要签在哪 – 别这么急 孩子 |
[37:05] | Just a few things to go over first. | 有几件事情要先来 |
[37:08] | Adam, this is from your deposition. Can you read the highlighted part? | Adam 这是你的具结书 可以请你念画起来的地方吗 |
[37:11] | Yeah. Whatever. As long as I get my check. | 随便都好 只要拿的到钱就好 |
[37:15] | “She ate the cake in a lascivious manner and ordered me to make out with her.” | 她用猥亵的吃着蛋糕 命令我和她亲热 |
[37:19] | – Those your exact words? – Yes. That’s what I said. | |
[37:23] | Great. | 太好了 |
[37:25] | Ooh, just a second. | 喔 等等 |
[37:28] | Sorry. I gave you the wrong deposition. | 抱歉 我拿错了具结书 |
[37:31] | This is Roger O’Malley’s deposition. | 这是Roger O’Malley的具结书 |
[37:33] | Who is Roger O’Malley? Parker, what’s going on? | Roger O’Malley是谁? Parker 怎么回事 |
[37:36] | Honest mistake. Those depositions look awfully similar. | 无心之过 两份具结书实在很像 |
[37:40] | You know Roger, don’t you? | 你认识Roger 对吧 |
[37:42] | No. | 不认识 |
[37:43] | Really? Roger O’Malley. | 真的吗 Roger O’Malley阿 |
[37:46] | Sued his boss after a cake-eating incident… | 吃蛋糕事件告他上司 |
[37:48] | and the case quietly settled for a lot of money. | 案子和解了 他拿到一大笔钱 |
[37:50] | – Sound familiar? – Who was his lawyer? | – 听起来很耳熟 – 他的律师是谁 |
[37:53] | Oh, yeah, the guy you worked for before Kim. | 喔对 就是你来这工作之前的老板 |
[37:56] | You saw my associate here eat a piece of cake… | 你正巧看到我的同事在吃蛋糕 |
[37:58] | and thought, why not take a shot yourself? | 想说 干麻不自己也试试 |
[38:09] | – What’s this? – Your case will be dismissed… | – 这是什么 – 你的案子驳回 |
[38:12] | and we never want to see your face again. Sign it. | 以后都不要再让我们见到你 签吧 |
[38:15] | Need a pen, Adam? | 有笔吗 Adam |
[38:18] | Sign. | 签 |
[38:25] | I understand the jury has reached a verdict. | 陪审团已经有裁决 |
[38:28] | In the matter of Claire Porter vs. Jillian Ford Enterprises… | Claire Porter与Jillian Ford公司的案子 |
[38:31] | we find for the plaintiff… | 我们判原告获胜 |
[38:33] | and award actual damages in the amount of $75,000… | 实际损害赔偿七万五 |
[38:37] | and punitive damages in the amount of $100,000. | 惩罚性赔偿十万元 |
[38:41] | In addition, I’m issuing an injunction… | 另外 我要发布禁止令 |
[38:43] | shutting down the Jillian Ford website, effective immediately. | 关闭Jillian Ford网站 立即生效 |
[38:47] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[38:51] | – You did it. – We did it. | – 你办到了 – 我们办到了 |
[38:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:56] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[39:02] | – Mom. – Yeah? | – 妈 – 怎样? |
[39:05] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:08] | Oh, Hannah. | 喔 Hannah |
[39:11] | – I just wanted to look– – I know. | – 我只是想变漂… – 我知道 |
[39:14] | And Jillian made it seem so easy. | Jillian让一切变的简单 |
[39:16] | I know. I just– I don’t want to lose you. | 我知道 我只是 不想失去你 |
[39:20] | – You want to go get some lunch? – Yeah. | – 一起去吃午餐好吗 – 好 |
[39:24] | Yeah, I’d like that. | 好 我很乐意 |
[39:25] | And then we can go shopping with all that money that we just won. | 然后用赢官司的钱去血拼 |
[39:28] | Yeah. No, that’s for college. | 不行 那是大学学费 |
[39:29] | – Mom. – Hannah. Good try. | – 妈 – Hannah 不赖嘛 |
[39:39] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[39:43] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[39:46] | You came back. | 你回来了 |
[39:49] | And you’re not Fred. | 你不是Fred |
[39:51] | – Who’s Fred? – He was… the old mailroom guy. | |
[39:56] | I just started today. Is there anything I can help you with? | 我今天才来 有什么事情吗 |
[39:59] | No. I just… | 没 我只是… |
[40:01] | wanted to tell him that I won. | 想告诉他我赢了 |
[40:07] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[40:09] | Big win today. | 赢的漂亮 |
[40:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:12] | And, uh, your doctor called. She was just checking in. | 喔 你的医生打来 关心一下 |
[40:15] | She wanted to know if you got that thing off your chest. | 她想知道 你的心事解决没 |
[40:18] | – Is it something gross? – No. | |
[40:21] | And I am going to deal with it… | 我现在就要去 |
[40:25] | right now. | 处理 |
[40:26] | Okay. Good night. | 好吧 晚安 |
[40:34] | – I did thank you, didn’t I? – You did. | |
[40:37] | You also need to thank Teri. | 你也要谢Teri |
[40:41] | I got it covered– A suite at the mirage… | 都办好了 赌城Mirage饭店套房 |
[40:43] | and front-row seats to thunder from down under. | 澳州猛男秀最前排位置 |
[40:45] | Ooh. | 喔 |
[40:47] | But this is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[40:51] | When I won my first case, Parker gave it to me… | 我赢了第一个官司时 Parker给我的 |
[40:53] | told me I couldn’t open it until I became partner. | 他叫我变成合伙人的时候再开来庆祝 |
[40:58] | Kim… | |
[41:00] | I can’t accept this. | 我不能收 |
[41:02] | My career would be over if it weren’t for you. | 要不是你 我的事业早就结束了 |
[41:06] | Thanks for being in my corner. | 谢谢你站在我这边 |
[41:11] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[41:40] | ::: Timecodes – gius ::: |