时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that aspiring model there? | 看到那个美丽模特儿了吗 |
[00:04] | That was me– Deb– until the day I died. | 那是我 Deb 但是我车祸死了 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, but there was a bit of a mix-up… | 原以为会直接上天堂 但事情出了小差错 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 我醒来之后竟然变了个样 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane… | 所以现在我是Jane |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一位有着专属助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, and the only people who really know… | 我有了新的人生 新的行头 唯一知道事情真相的 只有我的好朋友Stacy 和守护天使Fred |
[00:22] | what’s going on with me are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Fred. | |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我以前总认为事出必有因 |
[00:29] | and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 现在呢 希望我是对的吧 |
[00:38] | # Boy, I hear you in my dreams # | 男孩 我在梦中听见你 |
[00:42] | # I feel you whisper across the sea # | 我感受到你越过汪洋的低语 |
[00:46] | # I keep you with me in my heart # | 我将你收藏在心底 |
[00:49] | # You make it easier when life gets hard… # | 因为有你 艰难困苦的人生也变得轻松简单 |
[00:54] | Jane! Wake up! | Jane! 快起来! |
[00:57] | Wake up. Jane, I have had enough of this song. | 起来 Jane 我受够这首歌了 |
[01:00] | You were playing it when I went to sleep, and it’s still going. | 昨晚睡前就在听 – 现在还没停 – 我用重复播放 |
[01:03] | It’s on repeat. | |
[01:05] | – It’s my song with– – …Grayson. I know, sweetie… | 是我和… 和Grayson的歌 我知道 甜心 这样很好阿 但够了就是够了 好吗 |
[01:08] | and that’s lovely. But enough, okay? | |
[01:12] | Today is going to be our first time together. | 今天是我们第一次一起… |
[01:15] | Your first time together was Christmas ’07. He put rose petals on the sheets… | 你们第一次是2007的耶诞节 他在床上摆满玫瑰花瓣 |
[01:19] | – and you got a rash. – Our first time together on a case. | 结果你起疹子了 我是说 第一次一起处理案子 |
[01:25] | Won’t that be frustrating? I mean, you can’t touch him or kiss him. | 这样不是很讨厌吗 你又不能碰他或亲他 |
[01:28] | I don’t know how you’re gonna do it. | 我真不知道你要怎么面对 |
[01:32] | What are you gonna wear? | 你要穿哪件 |
[01:34] | I’ve got just the thing. | 就这件 |
[01:37] | It’s perfect! Oh, you’ll look awesome. | 太完美了 喔 你看起来漂亮极了 |
[01:42] | You’ll need the perfect lipstick. | 你还需要完美唇膏 |
[01:46] | Ah, radical rojo. | 阿 热情如火的大红 |
[01:50] | You have never let me down. | 没让我失望过 |
[01:52] | # …when life gets hard # | …变得轻松简单 |
[01:55] | # I’m lucky I’m in love with my best friend # | 我是如此幸运地爱上了我的挚友 |
[01:58] | # Lucky to have been… # | 很幸运的 和你一起到过我所到过的每个地方 |
[02:00] | Slow down there, speed racer. | 慢着点 音速小子 |
[02:02] | I’ve got an intake meeting. I’m working with Grayson. | 今天有个初步会面 我和Grayson一起负责 |
[02:04] | Oh, actually, you’re on a pro bono. | 呃 你今天是负责免费官司 |
[02:07] | Did you hear? You’re out. I’m in. | 听说了吗 你出局 我负责 |
[02:09] | – No way! – Way. | – 哪有! – 就有 |
[02:10] | You’re the one who volunteered for public service. | 谁叫你要自愿做公益 |
[02:13] | Nice suit. It goes well with the lipstick. | 套装不错 和唇膏很配 |
[02:15] | – Thank you. – On your teeth. | – 谢谢 – 牙齿上的唇膏 |
[02:18] | – Right here? – No, your incisor. | 这里吗 – 不 在边边 – 哪里 这里 |
[02:20] | – What? – This one. | |
[02:22] | Oh, Jane. Do you even own a mirror? | 喔 Jane 你连出门都不先照照镜子吗 |
[02:32] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:34] | I want to stab her with her Jimmy Choo. | 我想用她的Jimmy Choo鞋跟敲她 |
[02:37] | Get in line. | 那还得先排队 |
[02:39] | Come on, I got something for you in the kitchen. | 来吧 有东西给你 |
[02:41] | What? | 什么 |
[02:42] | You know, red is really your color. I’m glad you dressed for the occasion. | 红色真的是你的颜色耶 我很高兴 你还替今天的日子特别挑选 |
[02:46] | – What occasion? – Close your eyes. | 什么日子 眼睛闭上 |
[02:49] | Do it! | 快点 |
[02:54] | Okay, open them. | 好了 张开 |
[02:57] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐! |
[03:00] | It’s not my birthday. | 今天不是我生日 |
[03:02] | Nice try. And this year, we are celebrating. | 最好是 今年呢 我们要好好庆祝 |
[03:06] | – It’s really my birthday? – I am so over this amnesia. Yes. | 今天真的是我生日吗 我真受够你的失忆症了 是的 |
[03:11] | Make a wish. | 许个愿 |
[03:22] | Yay! Happy 32! | 耶 32岁生日快乐 |
[03:27] | 32? | |
[03:29] | 32?! | |
[03:31] | No. No. I am 24. | 不不不 我24岁 |
[03:34] | Oh, man, I don’t care what it says on your moisturizer… | 天阿 我不管你的保养品怎么写 |
[03:37] | you cannot reverse the clock. Own it, Jane– 32 and fabulous! | 时光可不会倒转 面对现实 Jane 32岁依然亮丽 |
[03:52] | You got Stacy. | 我是Stacy |
[03:54] | Stacy… | |
[03:56] | It’s… my birthday. | 今天是我生日 |
[03:59] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[04:01] | I’m 32. | 我32岁了 |
[04:03] | Oh, but you were 24. And that means you lost… | 喔 可你原本24岁 这样的话你差了 |
[04:09] | – 8 years. – I was getting there. | 八年 我快算到了咩 |
[04:11] | Stacy, I lost 8 years of my life. | Stacy 我八年的时光就这样不见了 |
[04:15] | Ugh, that totally sucks. | 阿 真的很讨厌 |
[04:18] | But how’s working with Grayson? Did he compliment your lipstick? | 跟Grayson一起工作感觉怎样 他有称赞你的唇膏吗 |
[04:21] | Men never compliment lipstick. Oh, and Kim got my case. | 男人才不会注意到唇膏 喔 还有 Kim抢了我的案子 |
[04:25] | Happy birthday to me! | 这生日还真快乐 |
[04:39] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[04:40] | Your birthday gift– the prisoner you met online. | 你的生日礼物 你网路上认识的牢犯 |
[04:43] | Kidding! That’s Michael Fernandez, your pro bono. | 开玩笑的 那是Michael Fernandez 免费官司客户 |
[04:46] | I wouldn’t mind a conjugal visit with him. | 好想用配偶身分去探监 |
[04:49] | He is crazy-sexy-scary. | 性感得很吓人 |
[04:51] | You’re crazy. He’s… just… scary. | 你疯了 他 很吓人 |
[04:54] | You’re his pro forma counsel. | 你是他的法律顾问 |
[04:56] | You need to review the agreement from the compensation board before he signs it. | 要先负责看过 刑罪补偿局的相关文件 他才能签名 |
[05:00] | – What did he do? – He didn’t. | – 他犯了什么罪 – 什么都没犯 |
[05:02] | He was wrongly convicted of armed robbery and murder. | 他被误判持枪抢劫与谋杀 |
[05:05] | The real killer copped to the crime in a videotaped confession. | 但后来真凶自首 录了自白录影带 |
[05:08] | Nice biceps. | 好壮的二头肌 |
[05:10] | The D.A.’s office reviewed the case, and they acknowledged that he wasn’t guilty. | 检察官后来重启调查 承认当时抓错人 |
[05:12] | But he was in jail for 10 years… | 他蹲了十年的牢 |
[05:14] | so the giant red lips might not be a good idea. | 我想大红唇不合宜 |
[05:17] | – Blot. – Mnh! | – 含住 – 恩 |
[05:19] | And take your cupcakes. | 杯子蛋糕带着 |
[05:28] | Hi. Jane Bingum. | 嗨 我是Jane Bingum |
[05:32] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:34] | I’m a self-help-book junkie, too. | 我也超爱看励志书籍 |
[05:38] | “The Art of Living Consciously”. Very enlightening. | 《负责也是一种快乐》 相当有启发性 |
[05:41] | Of course, try explaining it to a guy… | 当然 拿去启发一个… |
[05:43] | who just killed his parents with a barbecue fork. | 用烤肉叉刺死父母的人 就没什么用了 |
[05:49] | Happy birthday, by the way. | 喔对了 生日快乐 |
[05:53] | Thanks. Cupcake? | 谢谢 杯子蛋糕要吗 |
[05:56] | I don’t do sugar. I’m diabetic. | 我不吃甜的 我有糖尿病 |
[05:58] | I just want to sign the papers and get this all behind me. | 我只想把文件签一签 然后闪人 |
[06:00] | Okay. Um, I’ll review my copy… | 好的 我先看我这一份 |
[06:04] | and you need to sign and date each page. | 这边每一页都要签名押日期 |
[06:09] | When I was a kid, I wanted to be a baseball player. | 我小时候 想当棒球选手 |
[06:14] | 10 years behind bars for something I didn’t do. | 为了一件我没做的事 蹲了十年牢 |
[06:17] | That’s a whole career. | 十年可以做出一番事业了 |
[06:19] | Wrong place, wrong time? | 错的时间 错的地点? |
[06:21] | My girlfriend had just left me. I was sleeping in my car… | 女友刚跟我分手 我就睡在车子里 |
[06:24] | two blocks away from the convenience store. | 大概离超商两个街口 |
[06:27] | When the cops come, they bang on the window and arrest me. | 条子就来了 猛敲车窗 之后我就被逮捕了 |
[06:30] | They got you on circumstantial evidence. | 这都只是旁证阿 |
[06:32] | My blood type happened to match the killer, who happened to cut himself at the scene. | 我的血型与嫌犯相符 嫌犯不巧有下血迹 可以比对 |
[06:36] | Hold on. No two people have the same DNA. | 等等 但不会正好相同DNA吧 |
[06:39] | They never tested my DNA… | 他们根本没比对DNA |
[06:41] | until they got that videotape of the real killer. | 直到后来接到真凶的自白录影带 |
[06:44] | Not to mention it was an election year. | 况且 那时候刚好是选举年 |
[06:46] | So the D.A. needed a quick conviction to put in his plus column. | 检察官需要快点结案 履历比较好看 |
[06:50] | Bingo. | 宾果 |
[06:54] | It says here that the state is offering… | 文件内容是说 州政府提供 |
[06:56] | a settlement of $15,000. | 一万五作为赔偿金 |
[07:00] | – Not bad, huh? – Michael… | – 还不错吧 – Michael… |
[07:02] | you can’t put a dollar amount on what you lost. | 你失去的东西 不能用金钱衡量的 |
[07:05] | And even if you could, it would be a lot higher. | 就算要衡量 也没那么廉价 |
[07:09] | The rep told me it was a statutory deal, not up for negotiation. | 他们告诉我这是法定的赔偿金 可不能议价 |
[07:11] | What about all the things that you never got to do? | 那十年 你没办法做的事情怎么办 |
[07:14] | – I don’t really think they care. – What about that big 25th birthday… | 他们才不管 那你从16岁就开始计划的 25岁拉斯维加斯庆生怎么办 |
[07:17] | blowout in Las Vegas that you have been planning since your sweet 16? | |
[07:22] | I mean, I’m… just saying as a “for instance”. | 我是… 举例而已 |
[07:26] | Listen, I appreciate your support, but this is a done deal. | 听着 谢谢你这么支持我 但定了的事就是定了 |
[07:30] | Done? Oh, we haven’t even started. | 定了? 我们根本还没开始 |
[07:33] | See, we can go to that compensation board and we can fight this statutory mandate. | 我们走 到刑罪补偿局 抗议他们的法定赔偿金 |
[07:38] | – I don’t think I want– – No, you were wrongfully convicted… | 我觉得我不… 你被误判为杀人犯 |
[07:41] | wrongfully incarcerated, and you lost 10 years of your life. | 误判入狱 还失去了十年的光阴 |
[07:45] | We’re not gonna accept this insulting offer, are we? | 我们才不接受这笔可悲的赔偿金 是吧 |
[07:48] | – Well– – Well, damn right, we’re not! | 老实说… 没错 我们不接受 |
[07:52] | Good thinking, Michael. | 这样想就对了 |
[07:59] | Bingum. Happy birthday. | Bingum 生日快乐 |
[08:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:05] | – Happy birthday, Jane. – Thank you. | – 生日快乐 Jane – 谢谢 |
[08:08] | Happy birthday, Jane. | 生日快乐 Jane |
[08:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:18] | What are you doing in here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[08:20] | This is my office while Danvers is in Hawaii for two weeks. | Danvers这两周都在夏威夷 这里暂时变我的办公室 |
[08:23] | – If you don’t tell anyone. – Hey, we have to talk. | – 你不说出去的话 – 我有事找你谈 |
[08:25] | Hold on a second. I’m watching “The Brady Bunch”. This is so sad. | 等等 我在看”脱线家族” 好难过喔 |
[08:28] | Alice thinks she’s not needed anymore. I got to see what happens. | Alice觉得大家都不再需要她了 我一定要知道后来怎样 |
[08:31] | Yeah, she stays. The show airs for, like, ever. | 她还是留下来了 这出演了几百年 |
[08:33] | – Way to spoil it for me. – Hey, guess what. | 你干麻先讲出来 你知道吗 |
[08:35] | – What? – It’s her birthday. | – 知道什么 – 今天是”她”生日 |
[08:37] | You mean your birthday. | 你是说”你”生日 |
[08:39] | – Happy birthday, Jane. – Oh, thanks. She’s 32… | – 生日快乐 Jane – 喔谢谢 她32了 我才24 |
[08:41] | and I was 24. | |
[08:44] | Have you ever had these before? They’re called “malted milk balls”. | 你吃过这个吗 麦芽牛奶巧克力球 |
[08:47] | I think I’m in love. But I’m also in love with Stacy. Can I love two things? | 我想我爱上它了 但我也爱上Stacy了 我可以两个都爱吗 |
[08:51] | “Love is a many-splendored thing. Love lifts you up where you belong. All you need is love.” | “爱是一件奇妙的事” “爱带你到属于你的地方” “爱可以克服一切” |
[08:55] | Oh, my God. Jane memorized lines from “Moulin Rouge”! I love that movie. | 天阿 Jane还可以想到”红磨坊”台词 我爱那部电影 |
[08:58] | – You guys actually have something in common. – No, no, no, no, no. I lost 8 years. | 你们还真的心有灵犀阿 不不不 我八年就这样不见了 |
[09:02] | Now, what did you do with them?! I want them back! | 都是你害的 快还给我! |
[09:08] | – Oh, my God, these are delicious. – I think it’s the malty crunch. | 喔天阿 他们真的很好吃 应该是因为里面的夹心饼干 |
[09:12] | I think it’s the thin coating of chocolate before you get to the malty crunch. | 我觉得是因为巧克力外皮绵密 然后才是夹心饼干酥脆 |
[09:15] | Why couldn’t you have put me in a younger body? It’s so unfair. | 你为什么就不能给我个比较年轻的身体 超不公平的 |
[09:18] | Excuse me. I wasn’t the one who hit the return button. | 拜托 复原键不是我按的 怪我干麻 |
[09:21] | And don’t change the subject. we’re talking about malted milk balls. | 不要转移话题 我们的重点是牛奶巧克力球 |
[09:24] | – Hey, happy birthday. – You know wha- | – 嘿 生日快乐 – 你知道… |
[09:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:28] | Sorry we won’t be working together, but hopefully another time. | 可惜我们今天没有一起工作 下次吧 |
[09:31] | That would be great. | 嗯 下次 |
[09:37] | Another time? | 下次? |
[09:39] | I’m 32! I don’t have much time left! | 我已经32了 没有时间留到下次了 |
[09:46] | “You only go around once, have a fling.” | “一生只有一次 纵情的爱吧” |
[09:49] | That’s Tiffany Lexington’s catchphrase. the alternate was, uh… | 这是Tiffany Lexington的广告词 原本想写 |
[09:52] | “Marriage is a merry-go-round… get off.” | “婚姻就像旋转木马原地打转 落跑吧” |
[09:55] | – You made the right choice. – That’s what my wife said. | 你挑对了 我老婆也这样说 |
[09:58] | – So, where is Tiffany Lexington? – She doesn’t exist. | 那Tiffany Lexington人呢 没这个人 |
[10:02] | I mean she’s not a person. She’s the name of my website. | 这只是网站名称 人是虚构的 |
[10:05] | Would you go to a dating site called “barryschuster.net”? | 把交友网站取叫”BarrySchuster.net”会有人看吗 |
[10:08] | Good point. | 说的也对 |
[10:09] | So, the plaintiff, Marybeth Poole, is suing… | 所以 原告Marybeth Poole要告你 |
[10:12] | for tortious interference and loss of consortium. | 侵权干扰(夫妻关系) 以及”配偶权”赔偿 |
[10:15] | Translation– you’re the guy she blames… | 简单说就是 她怪你 |
[10:17] | for screwing up her marriage and ending her sex life. | 开那什么网站的 害她老公离开她 |
[10:19] | – That’s ridiculous. – I agree. | – 开什么玩笑 – 我同意 |
[10:21] | But her husband did meet someone on your website… | 但她老公真的是因为浏览了你那个 |
[10:23] | and the site caters to married people who want to cheat. | “鼓励已婚者劈腿”的网站 而认识了别人 |
[10:27] | Anyone who comes to my site is already on that train. | 会去浏览我的网站的 婚姻早就没救了 |
[10:30] | If anything, my service can revitalize a marriage. | 况且 那网站也有可能让他们清醒 重回另一半怀抱 |
[10:33] | By cheating? | 藉由劈腿吗 |
[10:39] | Well, married people often fantasize about what’s out there. | 这么说吧 已婚的人都会想试试不一样的 |
[10:41] | But once they start dating again, they see the grass ain’t always greener. | 等他们试过以后就会发现 天下的乌鸦都差不多黑 |
[10:45] | But in Marybeth’s case, the affair didn’t revitalize the marriage. | 但Marybeth的案子 她老公可是没有重回她怀抱 |
[10:49] | – Her husband left her. – Again, not my fault. | 她老公离开她了 可不干我的事 |
[10:52] | A jury might disagree. They might find your site reprehensible. | 陪审团可不一定同意 他们可能都觉得你的网站该负责 |
[10:57] | Of course, it’s our job to prove that it’s not. | 当然 我们就要证明不是你的责任 |
[11:02] | Thanks for giving me these threads. I’ll pay you back with the, settlement. | 谢谢你帮我挑的这身行头 我会还你的… 呃 等补偿金下来 |
[11:06] | No, it was a gift. Besides, it was fun shopping. | 没关系 这是份礼物 而且 我爱血拼阿 |
[11:11] | I’m kind of overwhelmed. | 真有点不知所措 |
[11:13] | The only choice I had in the last 10 years was an orange jumpsuit. | 我十年的唯一装扮 就是亮橘色连身裤(囚衣) |
[11:16] | You should know your complexion is autumn… | 你要知道 你肤色偏黄 |
[11:18] | so stay away from light to medium browns and camel. | 亮色系到浅棕或土色 都尽量避免 |
[11:21] | Stick with the basic black and dark gray, and… | 选基本黑色款和深灰准没错 再配上浅灰蓝色的领带 |
[11:24] | complement it with a powder-blue tie. | |
[11:29] | Looks like you missed your calling. | 你好像走错行了 |
[11:31] | Yeah, I could have been a fashion model in another life. | 是阿 和模特儿生涯失之交臂 |
[11:35] | You feeling okay? | 你觉得还好吗 |
[11:37] | I’m a little shaky. 15 grand really is okay. | 有点紧张 一万五其实就够了 |
[11:41] | It’s enough to get me a truck, a girlfriend, a dog. | 我只要一台小卡车 女朋友和一只狗 |
[11:44] | What else do I need? | 夫复何求? |
[11:45] | That’s a smart idea, son. | 这样想就对了 孩子 |
[11:49] | I’m not your son. | 我才不是你孩子 |
[11:51] | Hey, I’m sorry about how it all went down. | 嘿 事情变成这样我很抱歉 |
[11:53] | I’m a D.A., and I was just doing my job. | 我是个检察官 只是做我份内的事而已 |
[11:55] | – Besides, a jury of your peers– – You destroyed my life. | 况且 全部的陪审团… 我毁了我的一生 |
[11:59] | Yeah, I’m also the one who watched the video confession… | 是阿 但我也是那个看了自白录影带 |
[12:01] | and then got the crime lab to compare your DNA to the blood at the crime scene. | 拿你DNA去比对 最后还你清白的人 |
[12:05] | You should be thanking me for getting you out. | 因此你应该感谢我才对 |
[12:07] | – You sure you want to do this, Ms. Bingum? – We wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t. | 你确定要对簿公堂吗 Bingum小姐 不然我站在这里干麻 |
[12:13] | See you inside. | 那就待会见 |
[12:17] | Maybe I should just take what they offered. | 他们给多少 我就加减拿没关系 |
[12:19] | Michael, your trial lasted two days. | Michael 你的判决过程才两天 |
[12:21] | There was a rush to judgment. Now, you look like a million bucks. | 案子草草的就这样结束 你看起来像个有钱小开 |
[12:26] | And that’s what they should pay you. | 他们就该付像样点的钱 |
[12:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:42] | – Stacy? – H- hey. | – Stacy? – 嘿 |
[12:45] | – Grayson. – What are you doing here? | 你在这干麻 |
[12:47] | – Where am I setting up? – In Jane Bingum’s office. | – 我东西要摆哪里 – Jane Bingum的办公室 |
[12:50] | – In there. – Okay. | – 里面那里 – 好 |
[12:52] | – You know Jane? – Oh, yeah. | – 你认识Jane? – 喔 对阿 |
[12:55] | We actually met at Deb’s funeral– totally bonded. | 我们在Deb葬礼上认识的 一下就聊开了 |
[12:59] | – She’s my new roommate. – No kidding. | 她是我的室友 真的假的 |
[13:01] | – We have so much in common. – Really? Like what? | 我们的兴趣都差不多 是吗? 例如说? |
[13:07] | Well, we both… | 呃 我们都… |
[13:10] | We both like romantic movies, and we both think polyester is the devil’s fabric. | 都喜欢看爱情片 都认为聚酯纤维 是恶魔的布料(夏天闷热冬天不保暖) |
[13:14] | And, um– oh, we’re both allergic… | 还有 喔… 我们都对鸡蛋 |
[13:17] | to eggs. | 过敏 |
[13:19] | – Mm-hmm. – Just the yellow. | – 这样阿 – 蛋黄而已(热量高) |
[13:24] | I better go help Derek set up. | 我要去帮Derek摆东西了 |
[13:29] | So, I ask you, put yourself in Mr. Fernandez’ shoes. | 我请各位站在Fernandez先生的立场想想 |
[13:33] | You are found innocent after 10 years… | 司法还他清白 已经是十年后的事 |
[13:37] | and the state offers $15,000 as compensation. | 而州政府只给他一万五的补偿金 |
[13:41] | that works out to $4 a day for each day he was incarcerated. | 算起来 他在监狱的每一天 就只拿到四块钱 |
[13:45] | How much would I have to pay you to spend the night in jail? | 换作是你 我要拿多少钱给你 你才愿意入狱吃牢饭 |
[13:48] | So, Ms. Bingum, just to clarify– are you rejecting the board’s offer? | Bingum小姐 我确认一次 你是在拒绝本局的补偿金吗 |
[13:52] | Absolutely! Even parolees and people in witness protection… | 没有错 假释者 和那些接受证人保护的人 |
[13:56] | get transition services– homes, job training. | 都可以有转衔服务 房子 工作训练 |
[13:59] | Mr. Fernandez was wrongfully convicted. He was wrongfully incarcerated. | Fernandez先生可是被误判刑责 误判监禁 |
[14:03] | He didn’t rob anyone. In fact, he was robbed. | 他没抢劫 他反而是被抢的那个 |
[14:08] | So I ask you to reconsider and offer and amount… | 所以我要求你们 重新评估补偿金额 |
[14:10] | commensurate to this man’s pain and suffering. | 正当的补偿他这几年的痛苦与煎熬 |
[14:16] | The board will take a short recess. | 休息一下 |
[14:22] | Wow… | 哇 听起来你好像才是 蹲十年牢狱的人 |
[14:23] | that sounded like you were the one who went through all this. | |
[14:26] | I feel for you, Michael. | 我感同身受 Michael |
[14:28] | I don’t know how to thank you, Jane. | 我真的很感谢你 Jane |
[14:31] | Just doing my job. | 份内的事而已 |
[14:38] | Did you tell Derek the masseur he could rearrange Jane’s office? | 是你告诉按摩师Derek 可以这样乱动Jane办公室的吗 |
[14:42] | It’s all about feng shui. The massage table needs to be in the right place. | 为了好风水阿 按摩床一定要放对的位置 |
[14:46] | Get out of my chair. | 起来 |
[14:49] | And I’m telling you, Jane doesn’t get massages. | 我告诉你 Jane才不按摩 |
[14:51] | Dude, you’re way off. | 拜托 这你就错的离谱了 |
[14:53] | She’s all about the Swedish with a tad of reflexology on her quads. | 她最爱瑞典式按摩的 四头肌的反射穴道按法 |
[14:57] | I’ll tell you what she’s all about, dude– | 我才告诉你她怎样 老兄 |
[14:59] | The deep-fried onion blossom at outback. | Outback的炸洋葱花盘 |
[15:01] | We love them. We go every year for her birthday lunch. | 我们超爱的 每年都去那里吃庆生午餐 |
[15:03] | Well, since we’ve been roommates, Jane’s given up trans fat. | 但自从我们变成室友 Jane就不碰反式脂肪酸了 |
[15:07] | Tell that to the bag of doughnut holes in her file cabinet. | 去跟她档案柜的那袋甜甜圈说 |
[15:10] | – Hi, Stacy. – Hi, Fred. | – 嗨 Stacy – 嗨 Fred |
[15:12] | Hi, Stacy. | 嗨 Stacy |
[15:13] | – Mail, Freddy. – Oh, yeah. | – 信 Freddy. – 喔对 |
[15:18] | This is for Jane. | 这是Jane的 |
[15:20] | Oh, an edible fruit bouquet… | 喔 装满好吃水果的 |
[15:23] | made out of… fruit. | 水果篮 |
[15:25] | Her mother sends one every year. Bet you didn’t know that. | 她妈每年都送来一个 打赌你一定不知道吧 |
[15:29] | Uh, we should do something special. | 呃 我们应该弄特别一点的 |
[15:31] | – Oh, how about a surprise party? – Bad idea. She hates surprises. | 惊喜派对怎样 不好 她讨厌惊喜 |
[15:35] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么傻话 |
[15:36] | She threw herself a surprise party once… | 她上次给自己办了个惊喜派对 |
[15:39] | and I think she was really surprised. | 搞到后来还真的惊喜到了 |
[15:41] | Stacy wins. We’re throwing a party. | Stacy获胜 我们来办派对 |
[15:45] | Big surprise. | 好惊喜阿 |
[15:48] | After considering your petition… | 考虑过你的请愿之后 |
[15:49] | seeing as you offered no factual impropriety… | 由于你并未提出检察官办公室 |
[15:52] | on the part of the district attorney’s office in regards to Mr. Fernandez’ conviction… | 在处理Fernandez先生的案子时 有不正当处理的具体内容 |
[15:56] | we cannot, strictly on the basis of an emotional plea… | 因此 只靠着请愿人所提出的 |
[16:00] | render in favor of the petitioner. | 精神损失为理由 |
[16:02] | Therefore, we deny your request. | 我们驳回你的请愿 |
[16:05] | Total B.S. | 听你放屁 |
[16:07] | Also, the D.A. has informed the board… | 还有 检察官告知本局 |
[16:10] | that they revoke their factual finding of innocence… | 他们要撤回先前提出的无犯罪证据 |
[16:13] | which means the statute of compensation no longer applies. | 也就是说 补偿金在此案已不适用 |
[16:17] | The state will be awarding Mr. Fernandez nothing. | 州政府将不会付给Fernandez先生任何一毛钱 |
[16:21] | Nothing?! Wait, how is that possible? | 一毛钱都没? 等等 哪有这样的 |
[16:24] | I’m sorry, Ms. Bingum. | 很抱歉 Bingum小姐 |
[16:27] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[16:28] | They’re punishing me for trying to get you what’s fair. | 我据理力争 他们却反过来咬我们 |
[16:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:31] | Your lawyer should know better than to challenge this. | 你的律师本来就该知道 这么做没有好处 |
[16:34] | If her appeal was granted, she would have opened the door to endless lawsuits… | 如果请愿通过 只会把我办公室堆满 没完没了的官司 |
[16:37] | and tied up my office in pointless litigation. | 和一些没有用的诉讼 |
[16:39] | Michael’s case is not pointless. | Michael的案子才不是没有用 |
[16:42] | You should have just taken the 15 grand and said, “Thank you very much”. | 你应该见好就收的 一万五拿了 说声谢谢再见 |
[16:47] | I’m so sorry, Michael. | 我真的很抱歉 Michael |
[17:03] | – I lost. – I know. | – 我输了 – 我知道 |
[17:05] | Pep talk and loser cocktail coming right up. | 打气和输家鸡尾酒马上来 |
[17:07] | I’m almost afraid to ask. What’s a loser cocktail? | 我有点不敢问 但什么是输家鸡尾酒 |
[17:10] | Two aspirins inserted into a maraschino cherry, antacid, and seltzer. | 两颗塞了阿斯匹灵的酒浸樱桃 解酸剂 汽泡矿泉水 |
[17:14] | That’s disgusting. | 好恶心 |
[17:15] | I know, but you taught me the recipe, and it always does the trick. | 我也知道 可是你吩咐我的 还真的很有用 |
[17:18] | Start the pep talk, please. | 开始打气 拜托 |
[17:20] | Jane, don’t be so hard on yourself. | Jane 别太自责了 |
[17:23] | – Does that usually work? – Not really. Chug. | 这样有用? 没什么用 一口气喝完 |
[17:27] | Mm. | 恩 |
[17:30] | – Ugh, that’s… refreshing. – You’re welcome. | 呃 好… – 凉爽阿 – 不客气啦 |
[17:33] | Oh! I lost Michael $15,000! | 我害Michael一万五飞了 |
[17:38] | Me. I’m- I’m responsible. | 我 我是该负责 |
[17:40] | Spritz. | 要喷了 |
[17:42] | Oh, sorry. You usually close your eyes. | – 阿 -喔抱歉 你通常都会闭眼睛的 |
[17:45] | – What the– – Look, the day’s not over. | – 搞什么… – 听着 今天还很长 |
[17:47] | – We still have your birthday lunch. – Oh, no, I can’t go. | 我们还没吃你的庆生午餐 喔 不行 我不能去 |
[17:50] | Come on, everything feels better at outback. | 来嘛 去Outback吃一顿就没事了 |
[17:51] | No, I have to find a way to reopen this case, Teri. | 不行 我一定要找到让案子重审的方法 Teri |
[17:54] | I need to see the real killer’s confession video. | 我要看真凶的自白录影带 |
[17:56] | After outback. | 吃饭回来再看 |
[17:57] | Teri, subpoena everything from Michael’s old murder trial– | Teri 发传票 我要当时Michael审讯全部的资料 |
[18:00] | From the D.A.’s office, from his defense attorney, everything. | 检察官办公室的 辩护律师的 全部的资料 |
[18:05] | Why is there a massage table in my office? | 为什么我办公室有按摩床 |
[18:09] | Derek! | |
[18:11] | – Have we met? – No. | – 我们认识吗 – 不认识 |
[18:15] | So, uh, Stacy told you I was coming. | 所以是Stacy有跟你说我要来? |
[18:18] | Of course she did. | 当然 |
[18:19] | Well, great. Let’s get started. | 太好了 我们开始吧 |
[18:21] | I’ll step outside, and you’ll get in your robe. | 我先出去 等你换好按摩袍 |
[18:26] | You know, if you don’t mind, I might just take my jacket off. | 我觉得 如果你不介意 我把外套拿掉就好 |
[18:29] | I mean, we’re not in a spa. we’re in an office. | 因为我们也不在SPA馆 是在我办公室 |
[18:31] | And robes aren’t appropriate in the workplace– | 工作穿按摩袍很奇怪 |
[18:34] | Unless you’re a judge. | 除非你是法官 |
[18:37] | ‘Cause… they wear robes… to work. | 因为… 他们也是穿…袍子 |
[18:40] | However you’re most comfortable. | 你觉得舒服就好 |
[18:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:53] | Try to relax. | 试着放松 |
[18:59] | You’re very tense, Jane. | 你肩膀很紧 Jane |
[19:05] | Okay, stop it. Oh, my God, I can’t believe this! | 好 停停停 天阿 我不敢相信 |
[19:08] | I’m ticklish. | 我竟然怕痒 |
[19:10] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你在搞什么 |
[19:13] | I was going to have a birthday massage. And apparently, I’m unmassageable. | 生日马杀鸡 但是 我竟然不适合被马杀鸡 |
[19:17] | Would you and the rainforest excuse us? | 你和你的热带雨林 可以稍等一下吗 |
[19:22] | How could you screw up the settlement? | 你为什么连这件小事都搞砸 |
[19:24] | You were supposed to cross the T’s, dot the I’s… | 你就只要把文件仔细检查一遍 |
[19:26] | and send Mr. Fernandez on his merry way. | 然后送Fernandez先生开心离开 |
[19:28] | Well, the compensation was insulting. | 拜托 那个补偿金少的可怜 |
[19:30] | The amount is mandated by statute. | 价格是公定的 |
[19:33] | The alternative is zilch. | 没有议价空间 |
[19:35] | Cupcake? | 杯子蛋糕要吗 |
[19:37] | All right, I screwed up. | 好嘛 我搞砸了 |
[19:40] | But I am going to figure out a way to help him. | 可是我会尽全力帮他 |
[19:42] | You keep helping him, he’s gonna end up back in jail. | 你最后会帮到他还得回监狱 |
[19:44] | Well, I can’t leave it like this. | 不管 我不能就这样放弃 |
[19:46] | It’s wrong, and I am going after what’s-his-face– | 这不公平 我要追着那个检察官… 什么名字的 |
[19:50] | the D.A. | 死缠烂打 |
[19:52] | Callahan did his job, Jane. | Callahan只是在做他的工作 |
[19:53] | When new evidence was introduced, he freed an innocent man. | 收到新的证据 他就放无罪的那个人 |
[19:56] | You’re the only one who messed up. | 只有你 工作做不好 |
[19:58] | Get back to billable hours and leave it alone. | 快点回去工作 不要再插手了 |
[20:01] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[20:05] | Not. | 才怪 |
[20:08] | My husband called and said he was going to be late from work again. | 我老公打来 说他又得晚一点下班 |
[20:11] | I was disappointed because I had just made dinner. | 我很难过 因为我晚饭刚煮好 |
[20:14] | I was eating when he called back. But I don’t think he realized it. | 我在用餐的时候 他又打了一次 接起来他没有说话 |
[20:18] | He must have hit “redial” on his cell by accident. | 好像是不小心按到手机的重拨键 |
[20:21] | I could hear him talking to a woman… | 我听到他再跟另一个女人说话 |
[20:23] | complimenting her hair, her face, her neck… | 赞美她的发型 她的脸庞 她的香肩 |
[20:28] | and he… worked his way down. | 就这样一路讲下去 |
[20:33] | I wanted to hang up, but I couldn’t. | 我想挂掉 但没办法 |
[20:36] | I just sat there… | 我就呆坐在那 |
[20:39] | listening to the end of my marriage. | 听着我婚姻破碎的声音 |
[20:41] | And you discovered the affair was arranged through the Tiffany Lexington website? | 后来你发现这段婚外情是透过 Tiffany Lexington这网站凑合的? |
[20:45] | Yeah. He had been spending a lot of time on the computer. | 对 他都花很多时间上网 |
[20:48] | I put two and two together and went through his laptop… | 不用想也知道 我就去察看他的笔记型电脑 |
[20:50] | and found the membership. | 找到他登录了会员 |
[20:52] | Where is your husband now? | 你老公现在人在哪 |
[20:54] | He’s on his honeymoon… with the other woman. | 度蜜月 和那个第三者 |
[20:59] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:04] | Your witness. | 换你了 |
[21:05] | What is your profession, Mrs. Poole? | 您是做什么的 Poole小姐 |
[21:08] | – I train horses. – Long hours? | – 我是马术师 – 工作时数长吗 |
[21:10] | Well, I’m usually at the barn from sunrise till 7:00 or 8:00 at night. | 我通常凌晨就到马厩 直到晚上7.8点 |
[21:14] | That doesn’t leave much time for your husband or your marriage. | 这样听来 好像没什么时间和你丈夫相处吧 |
[21:17] | When was the last time the two of you had sex, Mrs. Poole? | 你们夫妻上一次做爱是什么时候 Poole小姐 |
[21:19] | Objection– relevance. | 反对 不相关 |
[21:21] | I’m interested, counselor. | 我蛮有兴趣的 律师 |
[21:25] | M- my husband hasn’t been… interested. | 我老公… 不怎么想要 |
[21:29] | – How long? – It was– | – 多久了? – 大概是… |
[21:31] | Last summer? | 去年夏天? |
[21:32] | The night of your ex-husband’s 38th birthday, to be exact. | 精确一点 是你前夫的38岁生日 |
[21:35] | – Yes. – Yet the records show… | – 是的 – 纪录显示… |
[21:37] | he didn’t become a client of Tiffany Lexington until October. | 他到十月份 才加入Tiffany Lexington网站的会员 |
[21:40] | But you’re saying your marriage was solid at that point… | 但是 就你的说法 当时你们感情好的很 |
[21:42] | even though you hadn’t had sex in four months. | 感情好到 有好几个月都没有做爱 |
[21:44] | We had issues like every couple, but they were not insurmountable. | 情侣间有问题是正常的 我们可以克服 |
[21:49] | – Apparently, you were. – Objection! | 看来你不行 反对 |
[21:51] | Withdrawn. Nothing further. | 撤回 没有问题了 |
[21:57] | My name is Hector Diego. | 我的名字是Hector Diego |
[21:59] | I’m in jail for robbery, but I done a lot worse. | 我因为抢劫入狱 但我不只有抢劫 |
[22:01] | I’ve been living with the guilt that an innocent man… | 罪恶感一直跟着我 因为有个无辜的人 因为我犯下的罪行而入狱 |
[22:03] | was put in jail for a crime I committed. | |
[22:06] | Jane, you already missed your birthday lunch. At least make happy hour at sidebar. | Jane 你都已经没吃庆生午餐了 至少去Sidebar喝一杯开心一下 |
[22:09] | Free mini meatballs! | 免费小肉丸喔! |
[22:10] | You know, the D.A.’s office never interviewed Hector Diego. | 检察官办公室从来没有当面审问Hector Diego |
[22:13] | – Well, he wasn’t a suspect 10 years ago. – Exactly. They pinned it on Michael… | 因为十年前他还不是嫌犯 这就对了 他们直接把罪推给Michael |
[22:16] | and didn’t look any further. | 没有进一步调查 |
[22:19] | This could prove prosecutorial negligence. | 这可以证明起诉过程有疏失 |
[22:23] | I need to talk to Hector Diego. He should still be behind bars. I need you to find him. | 我要去问Hector Diego 他应该还在牢里 找到他 |
[22:26] | Fine, then celebrate your birthday chatting up a sociopathic serial killer. | 好 那你就要庆生喔 我们可以聊连续杀人犯 |
[22:30] | …and on the way out… | 逃跑的时候 |
[22:31] | I grabbed myself a root beer and a box of cracker jacks. | 顺手拿了一瓶沙士和一盒饼干 |
[22:35] | I’m telling you now ’cause I got to do one good thing before I go. | 我现在会说 是因为我希望在死前 至少做一件对的事 |
[22:40] | Cover my bases. | 积阴德 |
[22:42] | I got lung cancer– stage IV. | 我有肺癌 末期 |
[22:45] | Your legs were crossed and your body was facing away from our client. | 你的脚翘的那么高 身体整个背对当事人 |
[22:48] | That’s like a neon sign telegraphing the jury how you feel. | 就像大大的霓虹灯 告诉所有陪审团你讨厌他 |
[22:51] | Come on. I couldn’t have been that obvious. | 拜托 根本没那么明显 |
[22:53] | Oh, you were. | 有好不好 |
[22:56] | Okay, I have a problem with Schuster what he does for living. | 好吧 我看Schuster不太顺眼 |
[22:58] | Grayson, we represent the clients we get not the clients we want. | Grayson 我们的客户是不能挑的 不管是谁都要接受 |
[23:02] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[23:04] | But maybe I shouldn’t be representing this one. | 所以我想我不应该负责这案子 |
[23:06] | Come on, it’s not like the guy’s a killer. | 别这样 又不是说他杀了人什么的 |
[23:09] | Don’t you have any issues with this guy? | 你都不觉得怎样吗 |
[23:12] | Why should I? | 有什么好怎样的 |
[23:13] | You’re acting like he’s responsible for breaking up families. | 你讲的好像拆散这些家庭 他都有责任一样 |
[23:16] | The idea that two people should stay together for their whole life– | 两个人要一辈子在一起 的这种想法 |
[23:19] | That was reasonable when life expectancy was 30, but not today. | 如果一生只有30年可活 还说得过去 但事实不是 |
[23:23] | The website is on trial, Kim, not marriage itself. | 审判的是网站 Kim 不是婚姻 |
[23:26] | Mm, maybe it should be. | 也许该是婚姻 |
[23:28] | Commitment’s tough, I get it. | 做出承诺很难 我知道 |
[23:31] | But with the right person, it’s worth it. | 但和对的人 就一点也不难 |
[23:34] | Aw. | 噢 |
[23:36] | You know, my mother made that commitment to my father… | 你知道吗 我妈… 对我爸作过承诺 |
[23:40] | and then to Bill, Jake, Marcus, Ronald– | 然后还有Bill Jake Marcus Ronald… |
[23:45] | – You can stop me at any point. – I’m sorry. | 你不喊停 我可以继续念下去 我很抱歉 |
[23:47] | Don’t be. | 不用 |
[23:49] | She made the mistake so that I won’t. | 她犯了错 所以我不会重蹈覆辙 |
[24:03] | I found Hector Diego. | 我找到Hector Diego了 |
[24:05] | – Great. Where is he? – Forest lawn. | – 太好了 他在哪 – 森林草坪(墓园) |
[24:08] | – He’s dead? – For almost 5 years. That means– | 他死了? 快五年了 也就是说… |
[24:11] | That the D.A. sat on the real killer’s confession while Michael Fernandez sat in jail. | Michael Fernandez还在监狱的时候 检察官就已经找到真凶了 |
[24:37] | Pizza on your birthday? | 生日吃比萨? |
[24:40] | Living the dream. | 我的梦想阿 |
[24:42] | – Do you want a slice? – No, thanks. | 来一片吗 不 谢了 |
[24:45] | Teri told me about the videotape. | Teri跟我说录影带的事了 |
[24:48] | – You’ve got yourself a case. – Yeah. | 你找到了不错的案子 是阿 |
[24:50] | I haven’t discussed it with Parker yet… | 我还没问过Parker |
[24:52] | and he won’t want me confronting the D.A. | 但我想 他不会赞成我质问检察官 |
[24:55] | Then do what you have to do and apologize later. | 那你就先斩后奏 |
[24:58] | Good plan. | 好主意 |
[25:00] | How’s your case going? | 那你的案子呢 |
[25:02] | My client profits off adultery. | 客户靠通奸赚钱 |
[25:05] | – It’s disgusting. – Yikes. | – 恶心死了 – 好恶 |
[25:07] | How does Kim feel about him? | 那Kim觉得呢 |
[25:10] | She doesn’t have a problem with it. | 她没觉得怎样 |
[25:12] | Then again, she doesn’t believe in marriage or monogamy, so… | 话说回来 她也不相信婚姻 或一夫一妻… |
[25:15] | – But you do. – Of course. | 但你相信 当然 |
[25:18] | My parents have been married for 36 years. | 我爸妈结婚36年了 |
[25:21] | As corny as it sounds, they– | 听起来很老掉牙 但他们 |
[25:23] | Complete each other? | 让彼此完美? |
[25:25] | Something like that. How about you? | 差不多意思 那你呢 |
[25:30] | I want… | 我… |
[25:33] | the same thing. | 也是 |
[25:36] | But, you know, maybe– maybe monogamy isn’t for everyone. | 不过 也许… 不是每个人都适合一夫一妻 |
[25:41] | You know, it’s a choice. | 你懂吗 这是个人的选择 |
[25:45] | It’s not a choice if you really love someone. | 你真的爱一个人就不会是选择 |
[25:47] | I don’t follow. | 我不懂 |
[25:49] | If I had married Deb, I never would have cheated. | 如果我娶了Deb 我一定不会劈腿 |
[25:55] | But it wouldn’t have been a choice because there was never a question. | 不过那不是个问题 因为根本没得选择 |
[26:03] | Happy birthday, Jane. | 生日快乐 Jane |
[26:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:24] | The videotape wasn’t buried. It came in 5 years ago and took 5 years to process. | 案子没有不审理 五年前收到录影带 五年的时间处理 |
[26:27] | – It was low-priority. – Then something’s wrong with the system. | 它不是优先的案子 那就是司法系统有问题 |
[26:30] | We get lots of post-trial confessions. Most of them are fakes– | 我们常收到审判完的自白 多数都是假的 |
[26:32] | Friends trying to get a buddy out of jail, wack jobs wanting attention… | 不是有人想做替死鬼 就是疯子想招人注目 |
[26:35] | confessions made under duress. | 强迫录下的自白 |
[26:36] | We can’t possibly mount an investigation for every one. | 我们不可能每个自白录影带都马上做调查 |
[26:38] | I understand, but Hector Diego actually committed this crime. | 我了解 但Hector Diego真的犯下罪行 |
[26:40] | And that’s why Michael is out. We believed he was guilty when we prosecuted him. | 也是为什么Michael会出狱 我们起诉他的时候 认定他是有罪的 |
[26:43] | And the quick conviction had nothing to do with the fact that it was an election year? | 你是说 这么快结案跟当年是选举年 没有关系了? |
[26:46] | If you believe my office has engaged in actual misconduct, then file a suit. | 如果你觉得我的办公室 有不当起诉的情形 就诉讼阿 |
[26:49] | But if not, you need to move on. | 如果没有 那就放弃吧 |
[26:52] | I can’t imagine your boss is happy you’re harassing the D.A.’s office. | 你这样骚扰一个检察官 我猜你上司应该不是很高兴 |
[26:55] | I have Mr. Parker’s full support. | Parker先生非常支持我 |
[26:57] | I specifically told you to leave the D.A.’s office alone. | 我明确的告诉过你 不要去惹检察官 |
[26:59] | – I know, but– – Apparently, you don’t realize… | – 我知道 但是… – 但是你就是死不听 |
[27:01] | how miserable an irate D.A. can make our lives… | 去惹到检察官 对事务所很不好 |
[27:03] | especially one with political ambitions like Callahan. | 尤其像Callahan这么有野心的 |
[27:05] | But what about Michael?! Okay, he got screwed! | 那Michael呢? 他被人这样搞 |
[27:08] | Usually the system works. In this case, it didn’t. | 通常法律会自己运作 但这次没有 |
[27:11] | Jane, I have plans for this firm… | Jane 我对这个事务所有规划 |
[27:13] | and a ticked-off D.A. is not part of them. | 去惹检察官 不在我的规划里 |
[27:16] | Well, I can’t walk away from this. | 但我不能就这样算了 |
[27:19] | Then I can’t guarantee your future here. | 那我也不能保证你在这里的位置 |
[27:25] | No one can guarantee anyone’s future. I could get into my car… | 没有人能保证未来的事 我有可能开着车 |
[27:29] | drive into a truckload of grapefruits, and be dead. | 撞到装满葡萄柚的卡车 就死了 |
[27:37] | Mr. Schuster, does your dating service promote infidelity? | Schuster先生 你的网站有鼓吹婚外情吗 |
[27:40] | Absolutely not. | 当然没有 |
[27:41] | We provide a forum for people to meet. | 我们只是提供一个 让大家互相认识的平台 |
[27:44] | They’ve already decided to cheat. | 他们会来 就已经决定劈腿了 |
[27:45] | So you don’t feel responsible for breaking up Marybeth’s marriage? | 对于拆散Marybeth的婚姻 你觉得自己没有责任吗 |
[27:50] | If a married man cheats with a woman… | 如果一个已婚男人 |
[27:52] | he meets at a singles bar, can he sue the bar owner? | 去酒吧勾搭上另一个女人 那你要告酒吧吗 |
[27:55] | Of course not. It’s the same thing. | 当然不 两者是一样的 |
[27:57] | Thank you. No more questions. | 谢谢 没有问题了 |
[27:59] | Your witness, Ms. Dewey. | 换你了 Dewey小姐 |
[28:01] | Isn’t it true that “20/20” is doing a piece on the Tiffany Lexington website? | 20/20新闻报导 是否有访问过 Tiffany Lexington网站 |
[28:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:07] | It’s my understanding the segments exposes… | 据我所知 该报导揭露了 |
[28:09] | that dozens of prostitutes use your service… | 几十个妓女利用你的网站 |
[28:12] | to solicit married men. | 向已婚男子拉客 |
[28:14] | So I guess that makes you a cyberpimp. | 我是否可以视你为 网路马夫 |
[28:17] | Objection. This is not a criminal trial, your honor. | 反对 这不是犯罪审理 |
[28:19] | Sustained. That question will be stricken from the record. | 反对有效 问题将删除纪录 |
[28:22] | The jury will disregard. | 陪审团请勿采纳 |
[28:24] | – Redirect, your honor? – Go ahead. | – 我还有问题 法官大人 – 请问 |
[28:26] | Mr. Schuster, have you ever been accused or convicted of any crimes? | Schuster先生 你是否曾被指控 – 或被判决过任何罪行? – 从来没有 |
[28:29] | No. Never. | |
[28:30] | In fact, you do a lot of volunteer work, don’t you? | 事实上 你还参予过许多义工服务 对吧 |
[28:33] | Yes. For the past six years, my wife and I have co-chaired… | 是的 过去六年 我和我妻子共同担任 |
[28:35] | the benefit for the central L.A. “youth at risk” program… | 洛杉矶青少年辅导计划的主席 |
[28:38] | among many other charity functions. | 以及参予其他慈善活动 |
[28:40] | Thank you. No more questions. | 谢谢 没有问题了 |
[28:42] | We’ll hear closing arguments first thing tomorrow. | 明天开庭 将听取双方结案陈词 |
[28:46] | Nice job. | 做的不错 |
[28:47] | The jury stopped listening at “cyberpimp”. | 陪审团从”网路马夫”就没再听了 |
[28:49] | Two women had their arms crossed and several others had their chins tilted up. | 两个女人手臂交叉 其他一些人下巴抬高 |
[28:52] | It’s a classic sign of defiance. They’re saying, “I don’t believe you”. | 藐视标准动作 根本就在说 “我才不信” |
[28:55] | To them, I’m not the wife. I’m the other woman. They hate me. | 对他们而言 我不是妻子 是那个第三者 他们都恨我 |
[28:59] | Tomorrow, you’ll be closing. | 明天 由你做结案陈词 |
[29:07] | – How did it go with Parker? – Awesome… | 跟Parker讨论的怎样? 非常好 |
[29:09] | if “awesome” has been redefined to mean that… | 如果”非常好”重新定义成 “我明天可能就丢了工作”的话 |
[29:11] | I’m probably going to lose my job tomorrow. | |
[29:14] | Maybe we can hang out on the unemployment line together. | 我说不定会一起加入你失业行列 |
[29:19] | – Twizzler? – No, I prefer my candy coated in chocolate. | Twizzler要吗 不了 我比较喜欢淋巧克力外衣的饼干 |
[29:22] | Oh, if you’re looking for malt balls, we’re out. | 喔 如果你在找巧克力球 全被吃光了 |
[29:24] | I have some back here. | 我还藏了一点 |
[29:28] | How’s it going with Kim? | 那你跟Kim呢? |
[29:31] | She wants me to close tomorrow, and I can’t stand our client. | 她要我明天负责结案 可是我受不了那客户 |
[29:34] | – I don’t know if I have it in me. – Of course you do. | 我不知道我行不行 你当然行 |
[29:36] | I mean, I’ve never been good at poker. I mean, when I try to bluff, my palms get sweaty and– | 我意思是 我扑克牌打的超烂 每次打牌要虚张声势 我就会手心冒汗 然后… |
[29:40] | And you turn red. I know. | 脸红 我知道 |
[29:43] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[29:46] | It’s a classic tell. | 很明显阿 |
[29:48] | Look, you’re an honest man, and I admire that. | 听着 你是个诚实的男人 我很赞赏 |
[29:51] | Thanks. But it’s not gonna help me in court. | 谢谢 但这不能帮到我什么 |
[29:55] | Wait, do you find your client legally or morally reprehensible? | 等等 你觉得你的客户 是有法律罪证或道德罪证 |
[29:58] | – It doesn’t matter! – No, listen. | – 都没有差别阿 -不 听着 |
[30:01] | If you’re completely honest with the jury… | 如果你老实的告诉陪审团 |
[30:03] | maybe it does matter. | 那可有很大的差别 |
[30:10] | Jane, that’s brilliant. | Jane 那真是厉害了 |
[30:13] | – Thank you. – Oh! Oh. | – 谢谢 – 喔! |
[30:20] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[30:36] | Okay, you really have to stop. | 你真的该停止了 |
[30:38] | No, I have to work. | 不 我要继续工作 |
[30:40] | No, stop listening to that song. | 我是说停止那首歌 |
[30:42] | It isn’t healthy for you, and it’s killing me. | 这样不健康 我快腻死了 |
[30:46] | It’s all I have left of him, Stacy. | 那是我和他唯一的关联了 Stacy |
[30:49] | This afternoon, I looked him in the eye and called him an honest man. | 今天下午 我直视着他 告诉他 他很诚实 |
[30:53] | Me– the girl who can’t even tell him who I really am. | 我耶 我连诚实的告诉他 我是谁都做不到 |
[30:56] | Well, maybe one day you will. | 有天一定可以的 |
[30:58] | I’m sorry your birthday was a bust. | 好可怜 你的生日都被破坏掉了 |
[31:01] | But I made you a carrot cake! | 不过我帮你做了胡萝卜蛋糕 |
[31:03] | Your favorite. I’ll cut you a slice. | 你的最爱 我帮你切一块 |
[31:05] | And even though it’s after 7:00, I’ll have a slice, too. | 虽然已经过七点了 不过我也要来一块 |
[31:09] | Thanks, Stace. I’m just– I’m not in the mood. | 谢谢 Stace 我只是… 没心情 |
[31:11] | I can’t let Michael down. What am I gonna do? | 我不能让Michael失望 我该怎么做 |
[31:14] | Well, if you’re not gonna eat it… | 如果蛋糕你不吃 |
[31:16] | maybe you want to send him my carrot cake. | 你可以拿去请他吃 |
[31:18] | Yeah, and I’ll include a note that says, “sorry I lost you 15 grand… | 是阿 然后告诉他 不好意思让你的一万五飞了 |
[31:22] | so here’s a cake that you can’t eat ’cause you’re a diabetic.” | 不好意思你有糖尿病 所以连蛋糕都不能吃 |
[31:27] | – Oh, my God, Michael’s a diabetic. – Fine. Forget about the cake. | 喔 天阿 Michael有糖尿病 好嘛 蛋糕就算了 |
[31:30] | No, no, wait. Listen to this. | 不不不 看着 |
[31:33] | So I shot him. | 我对店员开了枪 |
[31:37] | I took the money, and on the way out… | 拿了钱 逃跑的时候 |
[31:39] | I grabbed myself a root beer and a box of cracker jacks. | 顺手拿了一瓶沙士和一盒饼干 |
[31:42] | I’m telling you now ’cause I got to do one good thing before I go. | 我现在会说 是因为我希望在死前 至少做一件对的事 |
[31:47] | Cover my bases. | 积阴德 |
[31:50] | I got lung cancer– stage IV. | 我有肺癌 末期 |
[31:58] | A root beer and a box of cracker jacks. | 一瓶沙士和一盒饼干 |
[32:02] | Hector Diego, the man who actually committed this crime… | 真正的凶手 Hector Diego |
[32:05] | walked out of the convenience store with a root beer and a box of cracker jacks. | 走出便利商店前 拿着一瓶沙士和一盒饼干 |
[32:09] | We all just watched the video. What’s your point, Ms. Bingum? | 我们刚看过了录影带 你的重点是什么 Bingum小姐 |
[32:12] | Were you aware that Mr. Fernandez, the man you convicted, is a diabetic… | 你是否知道Fernandez先生 你抓错的那个人 有糖尿病 |
[32:17] | and would have been extremely unlikely to drink a soda and even less likely to drink a soda… | 所以不可能会喝汽水 更不用说喝汽水… |
[32:20] | and eat a box of cracker jacks? | 配一盒饼干? |
[32:22] | We didn’t have this confession 10 years ago when Mr. Fernandez was arrested. | 十年前 Fernandez被逮捕前 还没有人出来自首 |
[32:26] | No, but you did have an eyewitness account… | 没有 但你有个目击证人 |
[32:30] | from Mrs. Ellen W. Worth. | Ellen W. Worth小姐 |
[32:33] | would you please read the highlighted portion of this police report… | 请你念一下 这份枪击当天的 警察局报告 萤光笔画起来的部份 |
[32:35] | from the day of the shooting? | |
[32:41] | “I didn’t see his face, but I clearly remember the gunman left the store… | “我没有看到他的脸” “但我清楚的记得 歹徒离去前” |
[32:45] | with a soda and a box of cracker jacks.” | “手上拿了一瓶汽水和一盒饼干” |
[32:47] | I’d like to submit this report as exhibit “A”, your honor. | 我想将该份报告列为证物A 法官大人 |
[32:54] | Your office received that videotape five years ago. | 你的办公室五年前收到影带 |
[32:57] | It took me one night to go through the evidence of Mr. Fernandez’ case and connect the dots. | 我花了一个晚上 检查Fernandez先生 案子的所有证物 把一切串起来 |
[33:02] | Everything necessary to free him was in a dusty file in your office. | 可以还他清白的所有东西 就放在你办公室生灰尘 |
[33:04] | There was no misconduct, Ms. Bingum. | 我们没有不正当起诉 Bingum小姐 |
[33:07] | We did nothing wrong. | 我们没有做错 |
[33:08] | It’s not that you did anything wrong, Mr. Callahan. | 事情不在于有没有做错 Callahan先生 |
[33:12] | It’s that you did nothing. | 是在于你什么都没做 |
[33:13] | And given the responsibilities of your office, doing nothing, by definition, is negligence. | 要说你的办公室有什么责任 什么都没做 定义上来说就是渎职 |
[33:18] | But you know that. | 但你清楚的很 |
[33:36] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 各位先生小姐 |
[33:38] | I find Mr. Schuster… repugnant. | 我觉得Schuster很惹人厌 |
[33:44] | I can’t pretend to like him or to defend his character. | 我没办法假装喜欢他 或替他的行为做辩护 |
[33:47] | But the truth is, relationships end… | 但事实上 每种关系都会有终止的一天 |
[33:53] | marriages fail. | 婚姻常会失败 |
[33:58] | That’s reality. | 那就是现实 |
[34:02] | But blaming Barry Schuster for Mrs. Poole’s unhappiness… | 但是把Poole小姐的不幸 怪到Barry Schuster头上 |
[34:05] | gives him too much power. | 那他也太伟大了一点 |
[34:09] | How many of you have ever had your car towed? | 你们有多少人 车子被拖吊过 |
[34:13] | Barry is the guy behind the desk at the impound lot. | Barry就像是 坐在拖吊场办公室收钱的人 |
[34:17] | Do we hate him? Yes. | 我们恨他吗 对 |
[34:21] | Is it his fault your car got towed? | 但车子被拖是他的错吗 |
[34:25] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是 |
[34:37] | Look at the jury– not one of them has turned away from you. | 看看陪审团 没有人不看着你 |
[34:41] | You just won this case. | 你刚刚赢了这案子 |
[34:49] | So, I guess you pumped some iron in prison, huh? | 你在监狱的时候都有在锻炼喔? |
[34:53] | – What? – Nothing. | – 什么? – 没什么 |
[34:55] | Don’t forget to say bye when you leave. | 走之前别忘了道声再见 |
[34:58] | Uh, Teri. | 呃 Teri |
[34:59] | Oh, Mr. Fernandez here to see you. | 喔 Fernandez先生在等你 |
[35:04] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[35:07] | I got your message. What’s going on? | 我接到你留言 怎么了 |
[35:09] | The D.A. called. | 检察官打来 |
[35:12] | And? | 然后? |
[35:13] | They’re offering you… | 他们要给你 |
[35:16] | $100,000 settlement. | 十万块和解金 |
[35:20] | – Holy crap – I know! | – 哇靠 – 我知道 |
[35:23] | That’s amazing, Jane. I- I don’t know what to say. | 真是太酷了 Jane 我不知道要说什么了 |
[35:26] | Well, this is just the beginning. I’m planning a civil suit against the D.A. personally. | 这只是一开始 我打算对检察官个人提出民事诉讼 |
[35:29] | And I want to go after the investigating officers from 10 years ago. | 然后要对十年前 每个调查的警官究责 一一算帐 |
[35:33] | By the time we’re done– | 等到我们弄完… |
[35:35] | – We are done. – What do you mean? This isn’t over. | – 我们弄完了 – 什么意思? 我们还没完 |
[35:38] | It is for me. | 对我来说是 |
[35:40] | Michael. | |
[35:42] | After everything they’ve put you through. | 他们让你受的罪 |
[35:44] | I don’t want to look back anymore, Jane. | 我不想回首了 Jane |
[35:47] | That’s all I did when I was in prison. “What if my girlfriend hadn’t left me?” | 我在监狱的每一天都在回想 “如果我女友没有离开我” |
[35:51] | “What if… I hadn’t been sleeping in my car?” | “如果我… 没有睡在车里” |
[35:56] | I don’t want to look back. | 我不想回首了 |
[36:00] | I want to start living my life. | 我想要快点开始我的新生活 |
[36:04] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我意思吗 |
[36:07] | Yeah. I do. | 是阿 我懂 |
[36:12] | More than you know. | 也许你不信 但我真的懂 |
[36:36] | Just wanted to thank you for all your hard work. | 我想谢谢你这么努力帮我 |
[36:38] | They’re lovely. | 他们好美 |
[36:40] | Ah, it’s the least I can do. | 阿 我能做的就是至少送束花 |
[36:42] | You did get my invoice, didn’t you? | 你有收到费用帐单 对吧 |
[36:45] | You won the case and saved my business. | 你帮我赢了官司 救了我的事业 |
[36:47] | I’d, uh– I’d like to retain your services for next time. | 下次还有机会 我会再请你帮忙 |
[36:50] | – I imagine there will be a next time. – I think it’s a safe bet. | 我想应该还是会有下次 我也这么觉得 |
[36:56] | Did you want to have dinner to celebrate? | 你想一起吃个晚餐庆祝吗 |
[36:58] | Don’t you want to celebrate with your wife? | 你不跟你老婆庆祝吗 |
[37:00] | Ah, she’s out of town. I’m a free man for the night. | 阿 她出门了 我今晚是个自由单身汉 |
[37:07] | Barry, um… | Barry 呃 |
[37:10] | I like winning cases, and I’m thrilled we won. | 我喜欢赢官司 而且赢了也很开心 |
[37:14] | But I think it’s best if we don’t work together anymore. | 但我想 我们以后还是不要一起工作比较好 |
[37:18] | And if you’re looking for a date, I can suggest a website. | 如果你需要女伴 我可以推荐个网站给你 |
[37:23] | I didn’t think you had a problem with my business. | 我以为你对我的事业没意见 |
[37:25] | I don’t. | 是没有 |
[37:28] | But, damn it, I wish I did. | 但是 我真的希望我在乎 |
[37:30] | I want to believe in the sanctity of marriage… | 我也想要相信圣洁的婚姻 |
[37:33] | till death do us part. | 誓死不离那一套 |
[37:36] | – What’s so wrong with that? – It’s not reality. | 这样又有什么不对 现实不是如此 |
[37:40] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[37:43] | And maybe there isn’t one perfect guy for me, but… | 也许没有属于我的完美男人 但是… |
[37:50] | I want to be open to the possibility. | 我想敞开心胸 接纳所有的可能性 |
[37:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:02] | Good luck with that, Kim. | 祝你好运了 Kim |
[38:21] | Bingum. | |
[38:24] | If you’re here to fire me, I’d like it in writing. | 如果你是来开除我 我比较喜欢写在纸上 |
[38:26] | It makes it easier to get unemployment. | 失业补助比较好申请 |
[38:28] | Why would I fire you? | 我为什么要开除你? |
[38:30] | ‘Cause you said if I took on the D.A.’s office, you’d fire me. | 你说如果我去缠检察官办公室 你就会开除我 |
[38:34] | No, what I meant was, if you took on the D.A.’s office and lost, I’d fire you. | 不 我的意思是 如果你去缠检察官办公室 输了 我就会开除你 |
[38:38] | But you won. | 但你赢了 |
[38:41] | I can’t let you go now. | 我才舍不得放人 |
[38:43] | You’d have three offers by noon tomorrow. | 你明天中午会拿到三份出价 |
[38:47] | As far as I’m concerned, you’re the lawyer of the day around here. | 就我所知 你可算是律师的明日之星呢 |
[38:51] | Just the day? | 明日而已吗 |
[38:54] | Actually, about one more hour. | 其实是一个小时 |
[38:56] | Then we’re gonna get a hailstorm of crap from the D.A.’s office. | 之后就会有一堆检察官办公室 接踵而来的训话 |
[38:59] | I’m gonna need you to deal with that. | 我还需要你去处理 |
[39:03] | – I’ll see you tonight, Bingum. – Tonight? | 今晚见 Bingum 今晚? |
[39:06] | Uh, damn! | 阿 该死的 |
[39:08] | I’m no good with surprises. People need to learn that. | 大家应该要知道 我藏不住惊喜 |
[39:38] | I just want to let you know, I’m looking at this party… | 我一定要跟你说 我办的这个派对 |
[39:41] | as deb’s 24th through 32nd birthdays. | 算是Deb从24到32的生日全包了 |
[39:44] | So you have a lot of celebrating to do. | 你可要好好庆祝 |
[39:46] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[39:47] | I can’t believe how quickly you threw all this together. | 你竟然这么快就办好一个派对 我好惊讶 |
[39:50] | Well, I had a lot of help from Teri and that cutie. | 唉阿 要感谢有Teri和那个小可爱帮我 |
[39:58] | I just want to put him in my purse like a Paris Hilton chihuahua. | 真想把他放进包包带着走 就像巴黎丝希尔顿的吉娃娃 |
[40:02] | Well, he’s had all his shots. | 他是使出全力了 |
[40:05] | Go talk to him. | 找他聊聊吧 |
[40:12] | – Hey, Stacy. Did you see my moves? – Mm-hmm. | – 嘿 Stacy你有看到我的舞步吗 – 有阿 |
[40:24] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[40:25] | – Thanks. – Nice dress. | – 谢谢 – 洋装很可爱 |
[40:34] | So, what do you think I should do next? | 你觉得我接下来要做什么 |
[40:37] | Oh, Fred. There’s about to be a disaster. | 喔 Fred 大难临头了 |
[40:40] | She’s tone-deaf. Aah. | 她是音痴阿 |
[40:42] | Sweetie, not a good time. We have guests. | 甜心 不行 客人都还在 |
[40:45] | It’s my party, and sometimes a girl’s got to sing. | 这是我的生日 偶尔也要抒发一下 |
[40:49] | Here we go. | 来�� |
[40:57] | # Boy, I hear you in my dreams # | 男孩 我在梦中听见你 |
[41:00] | # I feel your whisper across the sea # | 我感受到你越过汪洋的低语 |
[41:04] | # I keep you with me in my heart # | 我将你收藏在心底 |
[41:08] | # You make it easier… # | 因为有你… |
[41:09] | Who would have thought Jane Bingum had a voice like that? | 谁会料到Jane Bingum 声音竟然这么好听 |
[41:13] | # …lucky I’m in love with my best friend # | 我是如此幸运地爱上了我的挚友 |
[41:16] | # Lucky to have been where I have been # | 很幸运的 和你一起到过我所到过的每个地方 |
[41:20] | # Lucky to be coming home again # | 很幸运的 你的爱让我有回到家的感觉 |
[41:26] | # Though the breezes through the trees # | 纵使穿梭林间的微风 |
[41:29] | That’s our song. | 这是我们的歌 |
[41:30] | # Move so pretty, you’re all I see # | 舞动得如此美丽 我眼中只有你 |
[41:33] | # And as the world… # | 周围的世界… |
[41:35] | Grayson, I admire your devotion to Deb– I really do. | Grayson 我很佩服你对Deb的专情 真的 |
[41:39] | But you got to let go. | 但是你要学着放手 |
[41:42] | You can’t hold on to someone who’s not here. | 你不能还对一个已经不在的人念念不忘 |
[41:45] | # …my best friend # | |
[41:46] | # Lucky to have been where I have been # | 很幸运的 和你一起到过我到过的每个地方 |
[41:50] | # Lucky to be coming home again # | 很幸运的 你的爱让我有回到家的感觉 |
[41:57] | # Lucky we’re in love in every way # | 很幸运的 我们如此深爱彼此 |
[42:01] | # Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed # | 很幸运的 共同游历这一切 |
[42:04] | # Lucky to be coming home someday # | 很幸运的 你让我的爱有了归属感 |