时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | 本剧基于真实事件改编 部分内容为戏剧创作原因进行虚构 虚构部分与任何现实人物或实体无关 | |
[02:10] | ADA Shughart. | 我是助理检察官舒格特 |
[02:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:22] | 死亡医师 第七集 | |
[03:31] | Are you under the influence of any drugs or alcohol today? | 你今天是否吸毒或者饮酒了 |
[03:35] | No, sir. | 没有 |
[03:37] | I just woke up from a nap when y’all came by. | 你们来的时候我刚睡醒 |
[03:39] | That’s why I’m still in my pajamas. | 所以还穿着睡衣 |
[03:40] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[03:42] | Well, we would like to hear your side of things. | 我们想听听你这方的说辞 |
[03:45] | But first thing is you’ve been charged | 但首先要告诉你 你被指控 |
[03:47] | with five counts of aggravated assault | 犯下五项故意伤害罪 |
[03:49] | and one count of harm to an elderly person. | 和一项伤害老人罪 |
[03:53] | So you have the right to remain silent. | 所以 你有权保持沉默 |
[03:56] | Anything you say can and will be used against you | 你所说的一切都将作为 |
[03:58] | in a court of law. | 呈堂证供 |
[03:59] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权聘请一名律师 |
[04:01] | If you cannot afford an attorney, | 如果你无法负担律师费 |
[04:03] | one will be appointed to you. | 我们将为你指派一名律师 |
[04:06] | Do you understand these rights? | 你了解自己的上述权利了吗 |
[04:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:10] | And you waive your right to a lawyer? | 你选择放弃自己的律师权 |
[04:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:13] | Okay, then. | 好吧 |
[04:14] | Can we walk you through these charges? | 我们可以具体说一下对你的指控吗 |
[04:17] | I’ve got every case memorized. | 每个病例我都熟记于心 |
[04:19] | I can tell you everything you need to know about my patients. | 我可以告诉你关于我患者们的一切 |
[04:22] | But start here. | 但首先要说的是 |
[04:23] | Every single surgery I performed was textbook. | 我实施的每台手术都是教科书级 |
[04:27] | Okay, then. | 好吧 那么 |
[04:30] | Stan Novak. | 斯坦·诺瓦克 |
[04:32] | Mr. Novak. | 诺瓦克先生 |
[04:34] | Presented with severe neck pain. | 症状表现为严重颈部疼痛 |
[04:37] | He had difficult insurance. | 他的保险很难理赔 |
[04:38] | I was helping him out. | 我是在帮他 |
[04:40] | There was significant bleeding, but luckily, | 手术中曾经严重出血 但幸运的是 |
[04:43] | I was able to see that there was some tissue growing on the bone. | 我看到了他骨骼上长着一些组织 |
[04:47] | Appeared to be cancerous, so I aborted surgery, | 看起来是癌症 所以我停止手术 |
[04:50] | sent it off to biopsy, | 将组织送去化验 |
[04:51] | got him closed up and off the table. | 给他缝合 让他离开了手术台 |
[04:52] | And was it? | 最后是吗 |
[04:54] | Was it… | 是什么… |
[04:55] | Cancerous? | 是癌症吗 |
[04:58] | No. Neck muscle. | 不是 只是颈部肌肉 |
[05:00] | But abnormal. It appeared to be cancerous. | 但不正常那种 看起来就像癌症 |
[05:02] | Anything else? | 还有其他想说的吗 |
[05:05] | Well, my staff is responsible | 我的手术组成员负责 |
[05:09] | for counting the number of sponges | 数点手术中使用的 |
[05:10] | that are used in surgery, | 纱布数量 |
[05:12] | and they were all accounted for. | 并确认了没有遗漏 |
[05:13] | But in post-op, I discovered | 但手术完成后 我发现 |
[05:16] | that a member of my staff | 小组其中一人 |
[05:17] | had left a sponge in his neck. | 在他的颈部落了一块纱布 |
[05:20] | They should be held responsible. | 他们才应该为此负责 |
[05:22] | Cindy Tremblay was a very heavyset woman. | 辛迪·特伦布莱可是个大块头的女人 |
[05:25] | I can prove that. | 我完全能证明 |
[05:27] | Surgery was textbook. Lower back pain. | 手术是教科书级别的 下颈部疼痛 |
[05:30] | I’d have preferred to do minimally invasive, | 我本来倾向于做微创 |
[05:31] | but she was such a heavyset woman | 可她实在是太魁梧了 |
[05:33] | that the hole was large. | 洞开的很大 |
[05:36] | That caused some bleeding. | 所以有一些出血症状 |
[05:38] | I inserted the pedicle screw, | 我把椎足螺钉植入 |
[05:40] | but it drifted a little bit off midline. | 可它有点偏离中线 |
[05:42] | But that happens in about 6% of surgeries. | 但大约6%的手术都会出现这类情况 |
[05:44] | – Sixty? – Six. | -60%吗 -6% |
[05:46] | I make sure everything is done exactly right. | 我确保了一切都正确完成 |
[05:49] | She was only in a hospital for a couple days. | 她只住了几天就出院 |
[05:51] | Never complained. Textbook surgery. | 没有任何不满 教科书般的手术 |
[05:53] | Shelley Brennan. | 雪莉·布伦南 |
[05:55] | The anesthesiologist gave her fentanyl, | 麻醉师给她用了芬太尼 |
[05:56] | so there were complications associated with that. | 所以产生了与此相关的并发症 |
[06:00] | Shelley Brennan died from blood loss. | 雪莉·布伦南死于失血过多 |
[06:03] | But the anesthesiol- | 但是那个麻醉师… |
[06:05] | that- that wasn’t a- a surgery problem. | 那 那可不是 不是手术问题 |
[06:08] | What about Dorothy Burke? | 那桃乐西·伯克呢 |
[06:18] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[06:19] | Madeline Beyer and Dorothy Burke | 玛德琳·贝尔和桃乐西·伯克 |
[06:21] | is a large part of the reason I came down today. | 是我主动来这的主要原因 |
[06:24] | You came down today? | 是你主动来这里的吗 |
[06:25] | I just thought it was medically ethical | 我认为作为医生我有义务 |
[06:27] | for me to report those cases to the board– | 把这些病例上报给医委会… |
[06:30] | to the–to the–to the police. | 上报给 给警方 |
[06:33] | Because somebody has to be held accountable. | 因为总要有人为此担责 |
[06:37] | That’s criminal. | 那已经是犯罪了 |
[06:39] | On the hospital. | 都是医院的责任 |
[06:40] | Mrs. Beyer- I mean, Mrs. Brennan- | 贝尔太太 我是说 布伦南太太 |
[06:43] | my-my-my surgery from the previous day | 我 我我前一天刚做完手术的患者 |
[06:45] | was still in recovery. | 还在恢复中 |
[06:46] | And they just kept on coming in. | 但他们就不断给我送其他患者过来 |
[06:48] | And coming… it’s very distracting. | 不断的来…这让人无法专注 |
[06:51] | If I had just been allowed | 要是当时能允许我 |
[06:52] | to follow my surgical training, | 按照我的外科受训方法就好了 |
[06:55] | you know, and then my-my medical staff | 此外 我 我的医疗组成员 |
[06:57] | was also, um, working against my wishes, | 当时也 也不按我的要求做 |
[07:01] | which is very distracting. | 这都太让人分心了 |
[07:02] | And I was trying to help her. | 我曾经试着去帮她 |
[07:04] | And I do have to say, | 我还必须要说的是 |
[07:05] | these allegitations of-of drug use? | 这些关于我的吸毒指控 |
[07:09] | I voluntary- | 我自愿… |
[07:10] | I-I-I-I- | 我 我 我 我 |
[07:12] | I voluntary, um, voluntary drug tests, | 我自愿 自愿进行了毒品测试 |
[07:16] | hair and urine, through this entire time. | 头发和尿液都是 一直都这样 |
[07:19] | Never failed a drug test. | 结果从来都没问题 |
[07:21] | And then… | 另外… |
[07:23] | In the first 22 years of my career, | 在我职业生涯的前二十二年里 |
[07:26] | I never had any-any suggestions | 从没有任何提议 |
[07:29] | or allegations of drug tests. | 或控述让我做毒品测试 |
[07:31] | But now all of a sudden, | 但现在忽然之间 |
[07:33] | there’s this-this comment. | 就有这么个 一个评论 |
[07:35] | This mention. | 一种说辞 |
[07:36] | And that’s coming from them, obviously. | 那是他们的花招 太明显了 |
[07:38] | They are conspiring against me. | 他们想阴谋算计我 |
[07:41] | Who’s conspiring against you? | 谁想阴谋算计你 |
[07:43] | Dr. Randall Kirby | 兰德尔·科比医生 |
[07:45] | and Dr. Robert Henderson. | 和罗伯特·亨德森医生 |
[07:56] | Look, I just came down here to visit my boy. | 听着 我只是过来看我的儿子 |
[08:00] | I’m going back to Denver tonight. | 今晚就回丹佛 |
[08:03] | Dr. Duntsch, you’re under arrest. | 邓奇医生 你被捕了 |
[08:06] | We have to book you. | 我们要将你收监 |
[08:08] | And you’ll be seen by a judge | 然后你会面见一位法官 |
[08:10] | and taken to holding to await your bond hearing. | 进监羁押 等待你的保释听证会 |
[08:16] | So I can’t go home? | 这么说我不能回家 |
[08:21] | Hello. This is a free call | 你好 这里是 |
[08:23] | from Dallas County Correctional Facility. | 达拉斯郡监狱免费电话 |
[08:26] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:27] | – Dad. – Chris. | -爸 -克里斯 |
[08:29] | The police came by, picked me up. | 警察过来把我抓起来了 |
[08:34] | What is it this time? | 这次又犯了什么事 |
[08:35] | They’re confused, Dad, okay? | 是他们搞错了 爸 |
[08:37] | It’s those accusations, my patients. | 关于我的患者 给我的这些指控 |
[08:41] | It’s all ridiculous. I need you to come down here. | 都太荒谬了 我需要你来这里 |
[08:44] | Down to Dallas. | 来达拉斯 |
[08:44] | The bond hearing’s on Tuesday. | 保释听证会是周二 |
[08:47] | What exactly did they charge you with? | 他们指控你什么罪名 |
[08:49] | Elder abuse. | 虐待老人 |
[08:51] | Elder abuse? How? | 虐待老人 怎么会 |
[08:53] | I told you. It’s ridiculous. | 我说了 荒谬至极 |
[08:54] | But I just need you to come down. | 但我需要你过来 |
[08:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:58] | And it’s probably gonna be expensive. | 有可能会很昂贵 |
[09:01] | Yeah. Don’t worry about that. | 好 别担心这些 |
[09:03] | I need to get out of here. I should be working. | 我必须离开这里 我应该去工作 |
[09:06] | I just need to get | 我只是需要 |
[09:06] | my medical license approved in Colorado. | 在科罗拉多州拿到行医执照 |
[09:09] | Your medical license? | 你的行医执照吗 |
[09:11] | Yeah, yeah, make some money, hire an elite legal team | 对 没错 赚些钱 雇个精英律师团 |
[09:13] | to expose this conspiracy bullshit for what it is: | 来揭露这场阴谋 |
[09:17] | professional jealousy and desperate slander. | 同行间的妒忌和恶意诽谤 |
[09:19] | We’ll figure something out. | 我们会想办法解决 |
[09:21] | – Tuesday. – I’m on my way. | -周二 -我这就过去 |
[09:25] | – Dad? – Yeah? | -爸 -什么事 |
[09:29] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[09:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:47] | 2012年3月 贝勒医疗中心 | |
[10:12] | Hi, Mrs. Brennen. | 你好 布伦南太太 |
[10:22] | You’ll be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[10:32] | Tubular retractor. | 管状牵开器 |
[10:39] | Dr. Morgan, tubular retractor. | 摩根医生 管状牵开器 |
[10:46] | Kim. | 金 |
[10:49] | Tubular retractor. | 管状牵开器 |
[11:23] | Kerrison. | 克里森咬骨钳 |
[12:04] | Kim. | 金 |
[12:09] | Kim. | 金 |
[12:10] | Kim. | 金 |
[12:13] | I need to see Duntsch. | 我需要见邓奇 |
[12:35] | Shelley Brennan’s blood pressure plummeted. | 雪莉·布伦南的血压骤降 |
[12:41] | It happens. | 这很常见 |
[12:43] | You stabilize the patient and keep on moving. | 你稳定住患者 然后继续手术 |
[12:45] | Is that what you did? Stabilize Miss Brennan? | 你是这么做的吗 稳定住布伦南女士的情况 |
[12:52] | Are you trying to blame me? | 你在试图责怪我吗 |
[12:53] | I’m trying to understand how a simple one-level laminectomy | 我在试图弄清 一个简单的单节段椎板切除术 |
[12:56] | ends up with a dead patient. | 怎么会导致患者死亡 |
[12:58] | That surgery was perfect. | 手术很完美 |
[13:01] | We were in and out in 50 minutes. | 我们50分钟内就完成了手术 |
[13:02] | She was in DIC within three hours. | 她三小时内就出现了弥散性血管内凝血 |
[13:05] | Her body covered in hives. | 全身都是疹子 |
[13:07] | That sounds like an allergic reaction to me. | 我觉得这听起来像是过敏反应 |
[13:09] | That’s an anesthesiology complication. | 这是麻醉并发症 |
[13:11] | You’ve had quite a few anesthesiology problems. | 你在麻醉方面遇到的问题还真不少 |
[13:15] | What exactly are you implying? | 你到底在暗示什么 |
[13:17] | You’re not gonna deflect this one. | 你这次没法转移责任 |
[13:19] | I don’t think I like your tone, Miss Piel. | 我不喜欢你的语气 皮尔小姐 |
[13:21] | I came here to tell you face-to-face | 我是来当面告诉你 |
[13:24] | that you are done at Baylor. | 你不用在贝勒医院干了 |
[13:28] | Effective immediately. | 立即生效 |
[13:33] | No. | 不 |
[13:39] | I’m not leaving. | 我不走 |
[13:42] | Do you think I’m asking your permission? | 你认为我是在请求你的同意吗 |
[13:44] | The burden of proof is bouncing all over your court right now. | 你现在给的证据全都证明是你的错 |
[13:46] | I haven’t done anything that warrants a termination. | 我没做任何能导致合同终止的事 |
[13:49] | James, Sweeney, Padua, Summers. | 詹姆斯 斯威尼 帕多瓦 萨莫斯 |
[13:52] | I was investigated and cleared. | 我被调查了 而且证明了清白 |
[13:54] | If you fire me now, that’s a breach of our contract. | 你现在解雇我 违反我们的合同 |
[13:57] | Don’t make this ugly. Bow out gracefully. | 别把事情搞这么难看 体面地辞职吧 |
[14:02] | Who are you calling? | 你要给谁打电话 |
[14:03] | My lawyer. Lawyers, in fact. | 我的律师 实际上是律师团 |
[14:06] | You think you can win a fight against Big Baylor? | 你觉得跟贝勒医院打官司你能赢吗 |
[14:08] | I’m not fighting Big Baylor. | 我不告贝勒医院 |
[14:09] | I’m fighting you. | 我告你 |
[14:11] | I have a right to defend myself. | 我有权为自己辩护 |
[14:12] | I’m not intimidated by you. | 我不怕你 |
[14:22] | – Let me have one more case. – There’s no scenario | -再让我做一例手术 -我不可能 |
[14:24] | that I let you back into my hospital. | 再让你回到我的医院 |
[14:25] | Give me one more case, and I’ll let you observe. | 再让我做一例手术 我会让你从旁观看 |
[14:26] | Not a single doctor or nurse is willing to work with you. | 没有一位医生或护士愿意跟你合作 |
[14:30] | You’re radioactive. | 你让人避之不及 |
[14:31] | You recruited me from MISI. | 是你把我从脊椎微创学会招来的 |
[14:33] | I wasn’t even thinking about coming to Baylor. | 我之前从没想过要来贝勒医院 |
[14:37] | I accelerated operations to fill the day. | 我加快手术 整天忙忙碌碌 |
[14:40] | Bring in money. | 帮你们挣钱 |
[14:42] | – What do you want? – You know exactly what I want. | -你想要什么 -你知道我想要什么 |
[14:44] | You won’t get it. I want you gone. | 你不明白 我想让你走 |
[14:46] | You have to be gone. | 你必须走 |
[14:47] | Okay. Fine. | 行 好吧 |
[14:49] | Then we’re negotiating. | 那我们商量一下吧 |
[14:51] | I’ll resign. | 我会辞职 |
[14:53] | You’ll write me a recommendation. | 你给我写封推荐信 |
[14:58] | That’s not up to me. It’s up to legal. | 这不取决于我 取决于法律 |
[15:01] | Whatever it is, we’ll protect Baylor Plano. | 无论如何 我们会保护贝勒普莱诺医院 |
[15:03] | Because we did nothing wrong. | 因为我们没做错任何事 |
[15:27] | Knock, knock. | 咚咚咚 |
[15:28] | What is the status of our application for privileges | 我们申请达拉斯医疗中心 |
[15:31] | over at Dallas Medical Center? | 行医权的事怎么样了 |
[15:34] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 出什么事了 |
[15:37] | Nothing. It’s just exhausting working for people | 没什么 只是厌倦了 |
[15:40] | with limited mental capacity. | 给智商有限的人打工 |
[15:43] | Baylor’s out. | 我不在贝勒医院干了 |
[15:45] | Will you follow up with DMC? | 你会和我去达拉斯医疗中心吗 |
[16:19] | 2015年7月 弗兰克·克劳利法院 | |
[16:49] | The defense is requesting bond, is that correct? | 辩方要求保释 对吗 |
[16:52] | That’s correct, Your Honor. | 是的 大人 |
[16:53] | However, the state’s motion for $600,000 | 然而 检方提出60万美元的保释金 |
[16:57] | is not just generally egregious, | 不仅高的惊人 |
[17:00] | but particularly inappropriate in this matter. | 而且特别不适合本案 |
[17:02] | Dr. Duntsch is currently unemployed. | 邓奇医生目前失业 |
[17:04] | And as you can see from his bank accounts, | 从他的银行账户 即提交的物证四 |
[17:07] | submitted as exhibit four, that his personal assets | 可以看出 他的个人资产 |
[17:10] | do not allow for such a bond to be met at this time. | 不足以在此时缴纳如此高昂的保释金 |
[17:13] | State’s response? | 检方作何反应 |
[17:15] | The state agrees. | 检方同意 |
[17:17] | $600,000 is not appropriate. | 60万美金不合适 |
[17:20] | We’re filing to deny bond altogether. | 我们申请完全拒绝保释 |
[17:22] | The state’s request is beyond the pale. | 检方的要求令人难以接受 |
[17:25] | Denying bail for a doctor? | 拒绝保释一名医生吗 |
[17:27] | A doctor charged with serious and flagrant damage to his patients. | 一名被指控公然严重伤害其患者的医生 |
[17:31] | Christopher Duntsch is a flight risk and a danger to society. | 克里斯托弗·邓奇有潜逃风险并有害社会 |
[17:34] | As it relates to Dr. Duntsch being a flight risk, | 说到邓奇医生可能会潜逃 |
[17:38] | he has ties to the community, a home, and a child. | 他与本社区联系紧密 有家和孩子 |
[17:42] | And as far as his privileges are concerned, | 至于他的行医权 |
[17:44] | Dr. Duntsch has refrained from practicing medicine | 邓奇医生一直没有行医 |
[17:47] | from the moment his reputation and credentials | 自从他的名声和资质 |
[17:49] | were so baselessly questioned. | 被无端质疑的那一刻起 |
[17:54] | Well, I guess, then, at this time, | 那么 我想这个时候 |
[17:56] | the state would like to call | 检方传唤 |
[17:58] | Donald Duntsch to testify. | 唐纳德·邓奇出庭作证 |
[18:00] | Objection. Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[18:04] | Don Duntsch is present in court today in support of his son. | 唐·邓奇今日来法庭是为了支持他的儿子 |
[18:08] | He’s not prepared to be called. | 他没准备好被传唤 |
[18:09] | Miss McClung, | 麦克朗小姐 |
[18:10] | Donald Duntsch is on the state’s witness list. | 唐纳德·邓奇在检方的证人列表里 |
[18:12] | It’s the state’s prerogative to call him when they wish. | 检方有权在需要时传唤他 |
[18:15] | It’s your responsibility to prep your witnesses beforehand. | 你有责任预先准备好你的证人 |
[18:27] | We appreciate you being here today, Mr. Duntsch. | 感谢你今天来这里 邓奇先生 |
[18:31] | Where did you travel in from again? | 再说一次你从哪里过来的 |
[18:33] | We live outside Denver, Colorado. | 我们住在科罗拉多州 丹佛市周围 |
[18:36] | Well, that must be hard | 那一定很辛苦吧 |
[18:37] | to have Christopher so far away. | 距离克里斯托弗这么远 |
[18:40] | Well, Chris has chosen to stay near his family. | 克里斯选择住在他家人附近 |
[18:43] | His son. | 他儿子身边 |
[18:44] | And I’m proud of him for that. | 我对此为他感到骄傲 |
[18:46] | You seem to place a great deal of import | 在生活中 你似乎很重视 |
[18:48] | on integrity in your life. | 诚实正直 |
[18:51] | I like to think so, yes. | 是的 是这样 |
[18:55] | Mr. Duntsch, is Christopher | 邓奇先生 克里斯托弗 |
[18:57] | trying to get his medical license back? | 企图拿回他的行医执照吗 |
[19:05] | Well, I think, at one point, he would have liked that to happen. | 我想未来他会希望拿回执照 |
[19:08] | But you know, now, | 但你知道的 现在 |
[19:10] | with all that’s going on– | 发生了这么多事 |
[19:12] | So you don’t know if his medical license | 所以你不知道他的行医执照 |
[19:15] | was about to be reinstated? | 即将要被恢复吗 |
[19:18] | To be specific, a Colorado medical license? | 具体说 是科罗拉多州的行医执照 |
[19:24] | I can’t say, | 我说不好 |
[19:28] | decisively. | 不确定 |
[19:29] | I, uh–that’s not something he and I talk about a lot. | 我… 他不太和我说这些事 |
[19:33] | That’s a hard one for me to answer. | 这问题我很难回答 |
[19:35] | I–I don’t know. | 我… 我不清楚 |
[19:36] | Mr. Duntsch, did Christopher tell you | 邓奇先生 克里斯托弗和你说过 |
[19:39] | he wants to make bond | 他想要保释 |
[19:41] | so that he can go back to work | 以便可以回去工作 |
[19:43] | and raise money for a defense? | 为辩护筹得资金吗 |
[19:53] | Yes. I suppose that’s true. | 对 我想有这回事 |
[19:56] | Doesn’t this all point to the fact that Christopher, | 这难道不都说明了克里斯托弗 |
[19:59] | despite his bad outcomes, | 尽管手术一次次失败 |
[20:01] | will continue practicing medicine, no matter what? | 无论如何 还要继续行医吗 |
[20:33] | Get the fuck away from my house! | 从我家滚开 |
[20:35] | So I walk out of my office, | 我走出办公室 |
[20:37] | – and I’m like, “Where’s Kim?” – Enough. | -问道 “金在哪” -够了 |
[20:39] | And all I get are blank stares. | 结果大家都一脸茫然 |
[20:40] | Confusion. She just walked out. | 不解 她就走了 |
[20:43] | Are you high? | 你磕嗨了吗 |
[20:44] | I gave you the chance to get in, ground up. | 我给你机会入门 从头学起 |
[20:46] | And you just walked out. | 而你扭头就走了 |
[20:47] | You walked out on me, walked out on the empire. | 你弃我而去 抛弃这个帝国而去 |
[20:49] | You’re goddamn right I did. | 你说得没错 |
[20:51] | And seriously? | 你没开玩笑吧 |
[20:54] | You’re slithering around my house? | 你在我家周围鬼鬼祟祟 |
[20:57] | How sad. | 真可悲 |
[20:58] | You’re making this pretty fucking easy, Chris. | 你让这事简单了 克里斯 |
[21:01] | I’m filing a restraining order against you. | 我要申请对你的禁止令 |
[21:05] | Stay away. | 离我远远地 |
[21:07] | You never had an empire. | 你从来就没有过什么帝国 |
[21:11] | You never will. | 以后也不会有 |
[23:01] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[23:26] | We should be celebrating. | 我们应该庆祝 |
[23:28] | Defense will argue this isn’t a criminal case. | 辩护方会说这不是刑事案件 |
[23:31] | They’ll say it should be settled in malpractice court. | 他们说应该去医疗事故法庭去解决 |
[23:34] | How do we counter that? | 我们如何反驳 |
[23:35] | I’ve talked to his patients. | 我和他的患者都聊过了 |
[23:37] | Their stories, | 他们的故事 |
[23:38] | anyone with half a heart will feel for them. | 有点良心的人都会同情他们 |
[23:40] | And what’s the “but”? | “但是”呢 |
[23:44] | This isn’t just about his medical skills. | 这不仅事关他的医术 |
[23:46] | Defense will say, and it’s hard to disprove, | 辩护方会说 而且这很难反驳 |
[23:49] | that these were accidents or the fault of others. | 这些是意外或者其他人的错 |
[23:52] | So we gotta make it about the man. | 所以我们必须要让案子和他个人有关 |
[23:54] | About what made him, about his choices, his character. | 是什么成就了他 他的选择 他的品性 |
[23:57] | We need to show that this all started way before Dallas. | 我们需要展示他在来达拉斯之前就是这种人 |
[24:01] | I’m gonna talk to the people closest to him. | 我要去和他最亲近的人去沟通 |
[24:03] | His friends, girlfriends, teachers. | 他的朋友们 女朋友们 老师们 |
[24:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:09] | – Skadden? – We already tried that. | -斯卡顿吗 -我们试过了 |
[24:11] | And what got back to us was, “He came out of there trained.” | 收到的回复是”他离开那里时已培训完毕” |
[24:15] | I contacted U.T. and Semmes-Murphey, | 我联系了田纳西大学和赛姆斯-墨菲研究所 |
[24:18] | asked for his training hours. | 询问他的受训时间 |
[24:20] | This is what they gave me. | 这是他们给我的回答 |
[24:25] | 683 cases. | 683例 |
[24:27] | Of which only 230 were spinal. | 其中只有230例是脊柱手术 |
[24:29] | How many should there be? | 应该是多少呢 |
[24:31] | Well, there’s no required minimum, | 没有规定不得低于多少 |
[24:32] | but a good number would be around 400. | 但正常的数字应该是400例左右 |
[24:35] | That’s his residency. Where’s Semmes-Murphy? | 那是他住院医生期间 那赛姆斯-墨菲呢 |
[24:38] | Told me they don’t keep records. | 告诉我他们不保留记录 |
[24:40] | Not required to by law. | 因为法律不要求 |
[24:42] | But according to them, he had enough. | 但按照他们的说法 他做得足够多 |
[24:46] | I’ll hear it from the horse’s mouth himself. | 我去听听他本人怎么说的 |
[24:47] | I’m not sure that’s the end of the horse he best represents. | 我觉得他的话并不可信 |
[24:53] | We should help her. | 我们应该帮助她 |
[24:55] | I’m not going to Memphis. | 我才不去孟菲斯 |
[24:56] | No. God, no. | 不 绝对不 |
[24:58] | Never again. | 再也不能了 |
[25:02] | You want to come to my house? | 你想来我家吗 |
[25:06] | Your parents home? | 你父母在家吗 |
[25:13] | Here’s Duntsch’s Facebook page. You’re gonna love this. | 这是邓奇的脸书主页 你会喜欢这个的 |
[25:15] | Listen to this horseshit. | 听听这屁话 |
[25:16] | “The sound of the sea grows near. | “涛声渐近 |
[25:19] | “I feel waves upon my heart. | “令吾心潮澎湃 |
[25:21] | “All I want, all I need, | “吾之所想 吾之所欲 |
[25:23] | the answer awaits at the start.” | “尽始于此” |
[25:26] | Well, he’s a better surgeon than he is a poet. | 他的手术比诗术要好 |
[25:28] | Duntsch holds three patents. | 邓奇拥有三项专利 |
[25:29] | Two with Ilya Burkov and Katya Melnikov. | 两个是和伊利亚·布尔科夫还有卡佳·梅尔尼科夫 |
[25:33] | Registered to a company called Discgenics. | 注册在一家叫椎间盘基因公司的名下 |
[25:36] | Discgenics, okay. | 椎间盘基因公司 |
[25:39] | D-i-s-c-g-e-n-i-c-s. | 椎 间 盘 基 因 |
[25:48] | Discgenics. | 椎间盘基因 |
[25:49] | Hello, doctors. | 两位医生 你们好 |
[25:52] | Do svidaniya! | 回见啊 |
[25:53] | Hello, doctors. | 两位医生好 |
[25:55] | I appreciate your willingness to speak with us. | 很感谢你们愿意和我们谈谈 |
[25:57] | I know this puts you in an uncomfortable position, | 我理解这让你们处于尴尬的境地 |
[26:01] | but we wanted to ask you about | 但我们想询问你们 |
[26:02] | Dr. Duntsch’s time at Discgenics. | 邓奇医生在椎间盘基因公司期间的事 |
[26:04] | And now, it goes without saying | 当然 毫无疑问 |
[26:05] | that we will protect your identity. | 我们会为你们的身份保密 |
[26:07] | We don’t want to get you in any trouble. | 我们不想让你们有麻烦 |
[26:09] | Trouble? What trouble? | 麻烦 什么麻烦 |
[26:12] | Well, it seems everyone | 好像大家 |
[26:13] | is afraid to talk about Christopher Duntsch. | 都不敢谈论克里斯托弗·邓奇 |
[26:17] | We’re not scared. We’re Russian. | 我们不害怕 我们是战斗民族 |
[26:19] | What do you want to know? | 你们想了解什么 |
[26:20] | Anything and everything you can tell us. | 你们能告诉我们的任何事 |
[26:25] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[26:29] | What, you got hamsters powering your Wi-Fi here? | 你的无线网络是用仓鼠跑轮发电来供电的吗 |
[26:32] | I don’t think that’s how Wi-Fi works, actually. | 我想这样弄无线网络也不会恢复 |
[26:33] | Yeah. I don’t know why I did that. | 嗯 我不知道为什么要这么做 |
[26:34] | And they decided it– | 他们决定… |
[26:36] | that it was– for him to be away. | 要让他离开 |
[26:38] | Yes, but he still had to complete stage four. | 对 但他还需要完成第四阶段 |
[26:41] | Could you repeat what you just said, please? | 你们能重复刚刚讲过的吗 |
[26:44] | Which part did you miss? | 你们没听到那部分 |
[26:46] | The drug part or the investor part? | 是毒品还是投资人的部分 |
[26:48] | All of it. We missed all of it. | 两部分 我们全没听到 |
[26:50] | I was saying that Duntsch met with investors. | 我刚在说 邓奇与投资人见了面 |
[26:54] | Skadden among them. Everything was fine until– | 其中包括斯卡顿 开始都很顺利直到… |
[26:57] | We don’t know it was drugs, | 我们不清楚是毒品的事 |
[26:58] | but it was definitely something. | 但绝对有什么事 |
[27:00] | His behavior, his performance devolved. | 他的行为 他的表现退步了 |
[27:03] | Geoffrey Skadden was an investor in Discgenics? | 杰弗里·斯卡顿曾是椎间盘基因公司投资人吗 |
[27:07] | Research, Dr. Henderson. Research. | 调查研究 亨德森医生 调查研究 |
[27:10] | You’ve clearly done none. | 很显然你没做 |
[27:11] | He was one of the first investors in Discgenics. | 他是椎间盘基因公司最早的投资人之一 |
[27:29] | Hi. Wendy Young? | 温蒂·杨吗 |
[27:31] | I have nothing to say to you media folk. | 我和你们媒体没什么可说的 |
[27:32] | I’m not media. Name’s Michelle Shughart. | 我不是媒体 我叫米歇尔·舒格特 |
[27:35] | I’m the assistant district attorney | 我是助理地区检察官 |
[27:37] | overseeing the Christopher Duntsch case. | 负责克里斯托弗·邓奇的案子 |
[27:39] | I was hoping to ask you a few questions. | 我希望问你几个问题 |
[27:43] | Well, you got some kind of subpoena or something? | 你有传票之类的吗 |
[27:45] | I don’t. But I can get one. | 没有 不过我可以申请一个 |
[27:47] | Question you in a more formal setting, | 在更正式的环境下询问你 |
[27:49] | if that’s what you’re most comfortable with. | 如果那样你更希望那样的话 |
[27:52] | It’s up to you. | 取决于你 |
[27:57] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[28:03] | Mason. | 梅森 |
[28:08] | You were with him in Memphis? | 在孟菲斯时 你和他在一起吗 |
[28:11] | Yeah. Just for a bit. | 对 就一阵子 |
[28:13] | A couple of months before we moved to Dallas. | 两个月 然后我们就搬来达拉斯了 |
[28:17] | But you know what he was like at home, | 但你知道他在家时的样子吧 |
[28:19] | in social settings? | 在社交场合 |
[28:22] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[28:25] | That he was a druggie? | 说他是个瘾君子 |
[28:26] | An alkie? A fraud? | 酒鬼 骗子 |
[28:30] | If that’s what you have to tell me. | 如果这是你要告诉我的话 |
[28:40] | You’re not that much older than me. | 你并不比我大几岁 |
[28:42] | Probably not. | 也许比你小 |
[28:46] | And already a DA. | 已经是地检了 |
[28:48] | – Assistant. – Assistant. | -助理地检 -助理 |
[28:57] | You like your parents? | 你爱你的父母吗 |
[28:59] | Yes. | 爱 |
[29:01] | Treat you good? | 他们对你好吗 |
[29:02] | Very. | 非常好 |
[29:04] | – Support you? – Always. | -支持你吗 -向来支持 |
[29:10] | Must be nice. Such a perfect life. | 真好啊 那么完美的人生 |
[29:28] | I’m not gonna help you. | 我不会帮你的 |
[29:34] | He deserves it. His patients, they– | 他应该被定罪 他的患者们 他们 |
[29:36] | No, no, no. Stop. | 不不不 别说了 |
[29:38] | The world’s a shitty place. | 世间本就苦难 |
[29:40] | He dealt them a shitty hand. | 他把他们往苦难里又推了一下 |
[29:43] | Look, I’ve got a boy who needs to eat. | 我还有个儿子 他要吃 |
[29:45] | Needs a roof, needs clothes, a piece of crap toy | 要穿 要住 时不时地 |
[29:47] | from the supermarket now and again. | 还要从超市里给他买点破玩具 |
[29:50] | And I applied for the good jobs. | 我也给好工作投简历了 |
[29:53] | Nothing doing there. | 毫无结果 |
[29:56] | And I’m no welfare queen. | 我也不是什么社保大户 |
[29:57] | ‘Cause the moment I start taking money from the government’s | 因为一旦我开始拿政府的补贴 |
[29:59] | when they start poking around | 他们就开始问东问西 |
[30:00] | wondering about Mason’s well-being. | 关心梅森过得好不好 |
[30:03] | So all I’ve got right now is Chris’s parents | 所以现在我只能依靠克里斯的父母 |
[30:06] | and their checks. | 和他们给我的钱 |
[30:08] | So yeah, | 所以 |
[30:10] | in case you’re wondering, I’m gonna do what I have to do. | 你想知道的话 我会做必要之事 |
[30:15] | Thank you, Christopher Duntsch. | 谢谢你 克里斯托弗·邓奇 |
[30:20] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你的时间 |
[30:22] | Of course. | 不用谢 |
[30:30] | Theresa, Melanie, | 特丽萨 梅勒妮 |
[30:31] | this is Mr. And Mrs. Keller. | 这是凯勒夫妇 |
[30:33] | – Howdy. – Pleasure. | -你们好 -幸会 |
[30:35] | Where’s Dr. Morgan? | 摩根医生呢 |
[30:36] | Newer pastures. The commute was getting to her. | 她去别的诊所了 这里离她家太远 |
[30:40] | – She’s from McKinney, right? – She is. | -她住在麦金尼市 对吗 -是的 |
[30:42] | It’s not 20 minutes from here. | 距这里还不到二十分钟 |
[30:45] | Are you saying she didn’t like me anymore? | 你是说她不再喜欢我了吗 |
[30:50] | Hardly possible. | 怎么可能 |
[30:52] | Oh, that’s too bad. She was lovely. | 太可惜了 她以前人这么好 |
[30:54] | Still is, I imagine. Come on back. | 我想她现在也是 到后面来吧 |
[30:56] | You’re operating at the Dallas Medical Center now? | 你现在在达拉斯医疗中心做手术吗 |
[30:58] | That’s right. You’re my first case. | 是的 你是我第一位患者 |
[31:04] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 是我不好 |
[31:07] | Oh, please. Not at all. | 别啊 没事 |
[31:08] | It dills my pickle | 我最受不了 |
[31:09] | that anybody’d fill in half a crossword. | 看到有人填字谜填了一半 |
[31:13] | Incorrectly, at that. | 还填错了 |
[31:16] | I did the same thing not ten minutes before you walked in. | 你进来不到十分钟前我也做过一样的事 |
[31:20] | So what’s keeping you from doing the Frug? | 所以你是哪里不舒服了 |
[31:22] | Neck or back? | 脖子还是后背 |
[31:23] | Well, it’s my back. | 是后背 |
[31:27] | Just one thing after another. | 之后身体节节败退 |
[31:29] | You know. How about you? | 你懂的 你呢 |
[31:31] | Neck. | 脖子 |
[31:32] | Doctor says I need a “disctectomy”? | 医生说我需要做”嘴间盘切除” |
[31:35] | Is that how you say it? | 是这么念的吗 |
[31:36] | All Greek, far as I hear. | 反正我听着都是拉丁文 |
[31:44] | My son’s getting married next year. | 我儿子明年要结婚了 |
[31:46] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[31:47] | – Thank you. – Where? | -谢谢 -婚礼在哪里 |
[31:48] | Nothing’s sorted; he keeps telling me | 都还没定呢 他一直跟我说 |
[31:50] | we got plenty of time to figure it all out. | 多的是时间慢慢计划 |
[31:53] | You’re gonna be planning it. | 最后肯定都是你计划 |
[31:55] | That’s the truth. | 这是实话 |
[31:57] | That’s the truth. | 这是实话 |
[32:00] | Kids? | 你有孩子吗 |
[32:01] | Oh, yes. Yes, but, you know, | 有 有 但是 你也知道 |
[32:04] | weddings now are all… | 婚礼已经… |
[32:06] | done and gone for me, though. | 现在已经没我的事了 |
[32:09] | Time for rest, I suppose. | 也该休息休息了 |
[32:12] | Doctor’s ready for you, hon. | 医生准备好接待你了 亲爱的 |
[32:14] | Well, good luck to ya. | 祝你好运 |
[32:16] | – You too, dear. – Your turn, Dorothy. | -你也是 亲爱的 -轮到你了 桃乐西 |
[32:18] | Thought you fell in, Earl. | 我以为你掉进去了 厄尔 |
[32:21] | Yeah, I’m up. Let’s go. | 好 到我了 走吧 |
[32:23] | – I’ll see you. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[32:40] | Ms. Shughart, Dr. Skadden will see you now. | 舒格特女士 斯卡顿医生可以接待你了 |
[32:56] | Ms. Shughart. Please come in. | 舒格特女士 请进 |
[33:03] | Nice to meet you. Won’t you have a seat? | 幸会 请坐吧 |
[33:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:30] | Hi, Jerry. Nice to meet you. | 你好 杰瑞 很高兴见到你 |
[33:40] | Like basketball? | 你喜欢篮球吗 |
[33:44] | I like basketball. | 我喜欢篮球 |
[33:46] | Helps take my mind off things, | 能帮助我放空自己 |
[33:49] | blow off steam. | 释放压力 |
[33:55] | I’ll jump in. | 我就切入正题了 |
[33:57] | I’m trying to establish a pattern | 我在试图建立一种行为模式 |
[33:59] | to prove Dr. Duntsch’s recklessness. | 来证明邓奇医生的鲁莽行事 |
[34:01] | From what I can ascertain, | 根据我的调查 |
[34:02] | it goes as far back as medical school. | 早在医学院时期他就出现了这种行为 |
[34:08] | Is that a fair assessment? | 可以这么说吗 |
[34:13] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[34:17] | Was he properly trained? | 他受到过良好的训练吗 |
[34:23] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[34:31] | Did you ever witness him take drugs? | 你是否曾看到过他吸毒 |
[34:37] | Mr. Summers? | 萨莫斯先生 |
[34:43] | – Take drugs? – Yes. | -吸毒吗 -是的 |
[34:51] | What’s gonna happen to him? | 他会怎么样 |
[34:54] | How do you mean? | 你是指什么 |
[34:56] | If I tell you all this stuff, | 如果我全都告诉你 |
[35:01] | what is gonna happen? | 会发生什么事 |
[35:03] | We’d schedule a deposition that’ll go on the record, | 我们会安排取证 让你做正式陈述 |
[35:06] | after which you’ll testify in court | 然后会请你在法庭上作证 |
[35:09] | and hopefully get a conviction | 希望能给他定罪 |
[35:12] | and justice for you and the others he hurt. | 为你和其他受害人讨回公道 |
[35:17] | – So he’ll go to prison? – I hope so. | -所以他会进监狱吗 -我希望如此 |
[35:25] | I didn’t do right by him. | 是我辜负了他 |
[35:28] | He worked so hard, harder than everybody. | 他那么努力 比任何人都努力 |
[35:30] | He never stopped. | 从不停步 |
[35:32] | And then he takes a job at a hospital, | 然后他去医院工作 |
[35:33] | someone else makes a mistake, | 别人犯了错 |
[35:35] | and they blame him for it, saying he’s a bad doctor. | 却怪罪他 说他是个糟糕的医生 |
[35:39] | You have any idea what that does to a person? | 你知道那会对一个人产生怎样的影响吗 |
[35:44] | He was depressed. | 他很抑郁 |
[35:45] | I just wanted to be there for him. | 我只是想支持他 |
[35:49] | He needed a win. | 他需要成功一次 |
[35:53] | That’s why you let him operate on you? | 所以你让他给你动手术了吗 |
[35:56] | For a win? | 让他成功 |
[35:57] | I had my neck looked at right out of high school. | 我高中毕业就去看了脖子 |
[36:00] | The doctor said I needed surgery, | 医生说我需要手术 |
[36:02] | but life got in the way. | 但那时生活不易 |
[36:04] | And then Dr. Skadden took a look at me. | 然后斯卡顿医生给我看诊 |
[36:07] | Skadden? From Semmes-Murphy? | 斯卡顿 塞姆斯-墨菲医院的医生吗 |
[36:10] | Favor for Chris. | 是克里斯的人情 |
[36:12] | And he didn’t want to operate. | 然后他不想给我手术 |
[36:14] | Said I had a narrow canal or something. | 说我血管狭窄还什么的 |
[36:17] | No insurance. | 没有医疗保险 |
[36:19] | But… | 但是 |
[36:21] | Chris is the smartest guy I know. | 克里斯是我认识的最聪明的人 |
[36:24] | If anyone could do it, it was him. | 如果有人能做到 那一定是他 |
[36:29] | So the operation was your idea? | 所以是你提出让他给你手术的吗 |
[36:34] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:40] | If I was in your position, | 换作是我 |
[36:42] | I’d be upset, angry. | 我会觉得沮丧 愤怒 |
[36:46] | How are you not angry at him for doing this to you? | 他害你变成这样 你怎么会毫不生气 |
[36:52] | I could have stopped him. | 我本可以阻止他 |
[36:55] | I saw it. | 我看见了 |
[36:57] | I was strong, and I could have stopped him. | 我很强壮 我本可以阻止他 |
[37:00] | Kayla tried to stop him. | 凯拉试图阻止他 |
[37:02] | – Who’s Kayla? – Kayla Gibson. | -凯拉是谁 -凯拉·吉布森 |
[37:05] | With him at U.T. | 是他田纳西大学的同学 |
[37:07] | She tried to stop him. | 她试图阻止他 |
[37:10] | But we were just having fun, you know? | 但我们只是玩玩 知道吗 |
[37:16] | Do you think he did it on purpose? | 你觉得他是故意的吗 |
[37:20] | No. | 不 |
[37:23] | Do you think he deserves to be punished? | 你觉得他该被惩罚吗 |
[37:25] | He has a family. | 他有家庭 |
[37:26] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你上次看到他是什么时候 |
[37:29] | Has he come to see you since the operation? | 手术后他来看过你吗 |
[37:31] | Has he come to check in on his friends? | 他来探望过他的朋友吗 |
[37:32] | Stop. Stop, stop. | 住口 住口 |
[37:33] | – Has he said, “I’m sorry”? – Get out, get out. | -他说过”对不起”吗 -出去 出去 |
[37:36] | – He’s not your friend, Jerry. – Get her out. | -他不是你的朋友 杰瑞 -让她出去 |
[37:38] | – Let’s go. – He killed other people. | -走吧 -他还杀了其他人 |
[37:41] | – Come on. – Just help me– | -走吧 -帮帮我吧 |
[37:42] | Fuck you! He’s my friend, okay? | 去你的 他是我朋友 好吗 |
[37:43] | – We need you need to testify. – He’s my fucking friend! | -我们需要你作证 -他是我朋友 |
[37:46] | He’s my friend! He’s my fucking friend! | 他是我朋友 他是我朋友 |
[37:49] | Okay? He’s my fucking friend! | 懂吗 他是我朋友 |
[37:52] | He’s my fucking friend! | 他是我朋友 |
[37:54] | Fuck you. He’s my fucking friend. | 去你的 他是我朋友 |
[37:58] | I bring you more glad tidings of joy. | 我给你们带来了更多欢乐 |
[38:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:02] | I gotta start inventing some shit. | 我得开始发明些破烂了 |
[38:04] | – What? – From 2001 to 2006, | -什么 -从01年到06年 |
[38:07] | Skadden made $27 million | 斯卡顿用美敦力 |
[38:10] | in royalties from Medtronic. | 赚了两千七百万美金版税 |
[38:12] | The largest medical device company in the world. | 全球最大的医疗器械公司 |
[38:14] | That’s nothing to them. | 这对他们来说只是小钱 |
[38:15] | From 2006, “Medical device maker Medtronic Inc. | 2006起 “医疗器械制造商美敦力公司 |
[38:18] | “agreed to pay 40 million | 同意支付四千万美元 |
[38:19] | “to settle government civil charges | 和解政府的民事诉讼 |
[38:22] | “that its Sofamor Danek spinal surgery division | 即枢法模·丹历脊柱手术部门 |
[38:24] | “paid kickbacks, | 支付回扣案件 |
[38:25] | “including sham royalty agreements | 包括虚假版税合约 |
[38:27] | “and lavish trips to surgeons | 给外科医生的奢华旅行 |
[38:29] | to induce them to use the company’s products.” | 贿赂他们使用公司的产品” |
[38:32] | Medtronic is not admitting illegality, of course. | 当然美敦力没承认违法 |
[38:35] | Was that because of Skadden? | 那是因为斯卡顿吗 |
[38:36] | “Spine surgery patents are valuable, | “脊柱手术专利很珍贵 |
[38:38] | “and litigation in this area is tricky terrain. | 此方面的诉讼是个棘手情况 |
[38:41] | “Two of the Medtronic consultants mentioned | “两位美敦力的顾问提到 |
[38:43] | “in the whistleblower case | 在告密者案件中 |
[38:44] | “received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the company. | 从公司收获了几十万美元 |
[38:47] | “Geoffrey Skadden of the Semmes-Murphy clinic | 就职于孟菲斯的塞姆斯·墨菲医院的 |
[38:49] | in Memphis and–“ | 杰弗里·斯卡顿和 |
[38:51] | some other dude whose name I can’t pronounce, | 另外两个人的名字我不会念 |
[38:54] | “are highly regarded surgeon-inventors | 是公认的手术发明家 |
[38:56] | “who have played a role | 在美敦力公司 |
[38:57] | “in developing important surgery products | 发展重要手术产品的方面 |
[38:58] | “with Medtronic. | 发挥了重大作用 |
[39:00] | “Dr. Skadden said that he has more than 50 issued patents | 斯卡顿医生说他有超过五十个专利产品 |
[39:03] | “and that he has received reasonable royalties for inventions | 他也收到了合理的专利产品版税 |
[39:06] | that have nothing to do with his practice.” | 这与他的行医并无关系” |
[39:07] | Well, he deserves to get paid for his inventions. | 他的发明他拿钱 这没问题 |
[39:10] | I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[39:11] | This is the SEC filing for Discgenics. | 这是证监会对椎间盘基因公司的备案 |
[39:14] | You can see that Skadden’s listed | 你能看到斯卡顿被列为 |
[39:16] | as the Executive Officer and a Director. | 执行总裁和董事 |
[39:17] | That’s in 2007, three years into Duntsch’s residency. | 那是在2007年 邓奇住院实习第三年 |
[39:21] | Two years after that, he was admitted into the fellowship. | 两年后 他进入了研究项目 |
[39:24] | Well, how do you like that? What a coincidence. | 世事难料 真是天大的巧合 |
[39:28] | Why do you think Skadden wouldn’t mention | 你觉得斯卡顿为什么不说 |
[39:30] | that he was an investor in Discgenics? | 他是椎间盘基因公司的投资人 |
[39:32] | Would you? | 你会吗 |
[39:33] | I’d like to think I would. | 我想我会 |
[39:35] | But? | 但是 |
[39:37] | Probably not, because I’d want to hide it. | 也许不会说 因为我想隐瞒 |
[39:40] | Because it’s wrong. | 因为这是错的 |
[39:41] | How can I be an investor in his company | 我怎么能是他公司的投资人 |
[39:42] | and the head of his fellowship at the same time? | 同时还是他研究项目的负责人 |
[39:44] | I mean, that’s what we would call–anybody? | 这种叫什么来着 有人来回答一下吗 |
[39:47] | That’s the definition of a conflict of interest, Robert. | 那就是利益冲突 罗伯特 |
[39:50] | I’m in love with your wife. | 我爱你妻子 |
[39:52] | I am in love with you. | 我爱你 |
[39:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:54] | The two of you are making a moral argument, | 你们俩说的是违反了道德 |
[39:56] | not a legal one. | 但不是法律 |
[39:58] | And nothing he did crosses that line. | 而且他做的任何事都没有越界 |
[40:00] | I think we can all agree that he definitely pissed on it. | 我想我们都能同意他已经狠狠地践踏了界限 |
[40:04] | That’s the American way, Randy. | 这就是美国 兰迪 |
[40:06] | I think we ought to do something about that. | 我觉得我们该做点什么改变现状 |
[40:08] | Yes. We should. | 对 我们应该 |
[40:47] | Breakfast for dinner? | 晚餐时吃早饭吗 |
[40:50] | Kayla. | 凯拉 |
[40:52] | Thank you for coming. | 感谢你过来 |
[40:54] | I turned around twice. | 我掉了两次头 |
[40:56] | Wanna sit down? | 想坐下吗 |
[41:00] | I’m sorry for springing that article on you like that. | 很抱歉突然把那篇报道发给了你 |
[41:04] | Oof, you knew exactly what you were doing. | 你很明白自己在干什么 |
[41:07] | I haven’t seen him in years. | 我好多年没见到他了 |
[41:08] | Not since med school. | 医学院毕业后就没见了 |
[41:10] | – Okay. – Not sure what I can offer. | -嗯 -不确定我能告诉你什么 |
[41:13] | Please, sit. | 请坐吧 |
[41:23] | Did that article make sense? | 你能同意那篇文章的内容吗 |
[41:26] | No. | 不 |
[41:28] | But you’re here. | 但你来了 |
[41:31] | You talked to Jerry? | 你跟杰瑞谈了吗 |
[41:33] | I did. | 谈了 |
[41:35] | And? | 然后呢 |
[41:37] | He’s in a tough place right now. | 他现在日子不好过 |
[41:42] | And he’s protecting Chris. | 他在保护克里斯 |
[41:50] | What do you wanna know? | 你想知道什么 |
[41:51] | I’m trying to get a picture of who he is, why he is. | 我想了解他是谁 为何会这样 |
[41:56] | You’re trying to put him in prison. | 你想让他坐牢 |
[42:05] | I’m having a hard time reconciling the person I knew | 我很难把我认识的那个人 |
[42:08] | with the person in that article. | 与文章里的那个人联系在一起 |
[42:11] | It’s all true. | 全是事实 |
[42:13] | In fact, that article | 实际上 那片报道 |
[42:14] | sorta just scratched the surface. | 只能算是冰山一角 |
[42:22] | He was charming. | 他很有魅力 |
[42:25] | Intelligent, focused, handsome. | 聪明 专注 英俊 |
[42:28] | Very handsome. | 非常英俊 |
[42:30] | Y’all partied a lot? | 你们经常派对吗 |
[42:32] | We did what most med students do. | 我们做了多数医学生会做的事 |
[42:34] | Work hard, party harder. | 努力工作 拼命狂欢 |
[42:37] | He had a wild side, but didn’t everyone? | 他有过成绩大滑坡 但谁没有呢 |
[42:40] | Did you witness him using drugs? | 你见过他吸毒吗 |
[42:43] | The thing about med school | 在医学院 |
[42:45] | is no one cares how hard you party | 没人在乎你怎么狂欢 |
[42:47] | as long as you can handle it. | 只要你能应付 |
[42:49] | Chris handled it just fine | 克里斯一直应付得很好 |
[42:50] | until he didn’t. | 直到他无法承受 |
[42:52] | It started off with him | 最开始他只是 |
[42:53] | handing out tabs to his friends. | 把药片分送给朋友 |
[42:55] | Then he started writing prescriptions at parties. | 后来他开始在派对上开处方药 |
[42:59] | I tried to stop him, | 我试过阻止他 |
[43:01] | but he didn’t care. | 但他不在乎 |
[43:04] | People knew to go to his place to get whatever they wanted. | 人们都知道去他的公寓 就能拿到想要的药 |
[43:09] | You’re the one who made the anonymous call to the program? | 是你向项目打了匿名电话吗 |
[43:15] | I had to do something. | 我必须做点什么 |
[43:19] | What about his training? | 那他的学习呢 |
[43:22] | I can’t overstate to you | 我觉得无论说什么 |
[43:25] | how brilliant Chris was. | 都无法完全描绘克里斯的聪明 |
[43:28] | I’d say he was the smartest person in school. | 我敢说他是全校最聪明的学生 |
[43:32] | But he’s a researcher. | 但他是个研究人员 |
[43:34] | That’s his gift. | 那是他的天赋 |
[43:35] | He had no business going the surgery route. | 他在手术方面没有天赋 |
[43:39] | If he’d stayed in the research field, | 如果他留在了研究领域 |
[43:43] | I think he’d have one of the biggest mansions | 我觉得他现在已经住进了 |
[43:45] | in Germantown right now. | 德国镇最大的别墅 |
[43:47] | – Germantown? – They have museums for homes. | -德国镇 -那里的房子就像博物馆 |
[43:50] | Chris and I used to take drives there on Sundays, | 克里斯和我以前周日常去那边开车兜风 |
[43:54] | picking out the houses we’d buy one day. | 挑出我们以后想买的房子 |
[43:57] | He’d say things like, | 他会说 |
[43:58] | “Me and you, Kayla, we’re gonna run this town | “我和你 凯拉 我们会统治这个镇 |
[44:00] | and sleep on mattresses full of cash.” | 并睡在金钱做成的床垫上” |
[44:02] | A power couple. | 大腕夫妇 |
[44:06] | Yeah, it’s funny. | 对 说来也巧 |
[44:08] | It’s funny you should say that, | 你竟然说了这个词 |
[44:09] | ’cause he used to call me and him | 因为他以前总说我和他 |
[44:10] | a black and white power cookie. | 是一对黑白威化饼干 |
[44:17] | That was Chris. | 那就是克里斯 |
[44:18] | He’d say silly things like that. | 总会说些那样的傻话 |
[44:22] | School was stressful, | 上学压力很大 |
[44:23] | and he made it fun. | 但他让一切变得有趣 |
[44:26] | Whenever I was with him, | 只要我跟他在一起 |
[44:27] | it felt like… | 就会感觉 |
[44:30] | things were gonna be okay. | 一切都会变好 |
[44:33] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:35] | Maybe I should have had an intervention. | 也许我当时该干预他 |
[44:38] | But I was in a top program, | 但我在顶尖的学校项目中 |
[44:40] | and I didn’t want to deal with any drama, | 我不想应付任何闹剧 |
[44:42] | so I left him. | 所以我离开了他 |
[44:46] | Who does that? | 谁会这么做 |
[44:50] | My parents always taught me to care for the ones around us. | 我父母总让我关心身边的人 |
[44:53] | I didn’t do that. | 我没做到 |
[44:55] | That article, | 那篇文章 |
[44:57] | that is not the man I fell in love with. | 那不是我爱上的男人 |
[45:06] | I don’t even know why I came. | 我都不知道自己为什么来 |
[45:08] | I don’t want to get involved | 我不想牵扯进 |
[45:10] | in any of this. | 这件事中 |
[45:13] | If you use me as a reference for anything I said, I’ll deny it. | 如果你引用我说的任何话 我都会否认 |
[45:16] | I understand, and I won’t. | 我明白 我也不会那么做 |
[45:21] | But I appreciate you talking to me. | 但谢谢你跟我说这些 |
[45:28] | I, um– | 我… |
[45:29] | I wish you knew him back then. | 我希望你认识当年的他 |
[45:47] | Maybe we can try to cut some sort of plea deal? | 也许我们可以协商一个认罪协议 |
[45:51] | The ADA isn’t offering a deal. | 助理检察官没有提供 |
[45:53] | Well, can you try to secure one? | 那你能试着弄一个来吗 |
[45:54] | They won’t go for it, Mr. Duntsch. | 他们不同意 邓奇先生 |
[45:58] | 18 months until the trial starts. | 开庭前还有18个月 |
[46:04] | 18 months in here. | 要在这里待18个月 |
[46:08] | – Chris– – No. | -克里斯 -不 |
[46:11] | No. | 不行 |
[46:13] | This cannot be. | 不可以这样 |
[46:16] | I am not guilty. | 我是无辜的 |
[46:18] | They can’t do this to me. | 他们不能这样对我 |
[46:20] | Look, we can go– | 听着 我们能… |
[46:21] | 18 months until the fucking trial starts! | 开庭前还有18个月 |
[46:24] | That’s the best that you can do? | 这就是你努力后的最后结果了 |
[46:26] | The system isn’t as fast as you’d– | 这个系统不像你想的那么快… |
[46:27] | Just go. Go, go. | 你走 走 走 |
[46:29] | I need to talk to my father alone. | 我要单独跟父亲谈谈 |
[46:38] | This lawyer, she isn’t working. | 这个律师 她不行 |
[46:39] | She’s a good lawyer, Chris. | 她是个好律师 克里斯 |
[46:41] | What about Mr. Damelio? | 那达米里奥先生呢 |
[46:43] | Could he work the case? | 他能接手这个案子吗 |
[46:45] | Damelio’s a tax attorney. | 达米里奥是个税务律师 |
[46:46] | I’m not going to make it, Dad. | 我肯定撑不下去 爸 |
[46:48] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[46:49] | No, don’t–Chris. Don’t say that. | 不 别这样 克里斯 别这么说 |
[46:51] | I’m alone. | 我只有自己 |
[46:55] | My friends, my colleagues, | 我的朋友 我的同事 |
[46:58] | they’ve abandoned me. | 他们都抛弃了我 |
[47:00] | Family is the only thing I have left. | 我只剩下家庭了 |
[47:05] | And Wendy hasn’t visited in months. | 而且温蒂好几个月没来探视 |
[47:08] | She won’t bring Mason. | 她不愿意带梅森来 |
[47:11] | And I need to see my son. | 我需要见我的儿子 |
[47:21] | Maybe you could talk to her. | 也许你可以跟她谈谈 |
[47:24] | Remind her how important it is that families stick together. | 让她知道家人要团聚在一起 这很重要 |
[47:32] | They never know when they might | 他们永远不知道自己 |
[47:33] | need something from us someday. | 什么时候需要我们的帮助 |
[47:42] | Can you hear how loud it is in here? | 你能听到这里有多吵吗 |
[47:46] | – Yeah. – Do you hear how loud it is? | -嗯 -你能听到这里有多吵吗 |
[47:48] | – Yeah, it’s loud. – It’s like that all the time. | -对 是很吵 -而且一直是如此 |
[47:53] | Everything you say | 你说的每句话 |
[47:55] | echoes off the floor, | 从地板上反射 |
[47:57] | off the ceiling. | 从天花板反射 |
[47:59] | You can’t hear yourself speak. | 你听不到自己的话 |
[48:02] | You can’t hear the TV. | 听不到电视的声音 |
[48:03] | You can’t hear anything. | 你什么都听不见 |
[48:06] | So people just keep on talking | 所有人们说话的声音 |
[48:08] | louder and louder, | 越来越大 |
[48:10] | and they turn the TV louder and louder. | 把电视音量调的越来越大 |
[48:13] | And it is like this all the time. | 而且一直如此 |
[48:17] | I’m so sorry, Chris. | 我很抱歉 克里斯 |
[48:18] | Sorry? That’s funny. | 抱歉 有趣 |
[48:21] | Because the bond hearing was your fuckup. | 因为保释听证会就是你搞砸的 |
[48:24] | I could be out there with my son right now | 我现在本可以出狱与儿子在一起 |
[48:26] | and not begging for visits from a cage. | 而不是从铁笼里求人来探视 |
[48:28] | You are the goddamn reason I am in this hellhole. | 都是因为你 害得我处在这个地狱般的地方 |
[48:33] | I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[48:45] | “I have burned my tomorrow | “我燃尽了明天 |
[48:48] | “and I stand inside today. | 今日矗立在内 |
[48:51] | “At the edge of the future | 在未来的边缘 |
[48:54] | where my dreams all fade away.” | 所有梦想消逝 |
[48:59] | “I face all my sorrows. | 我看着所有忧愁 |
[49:01] | “Shadows stand in my way. | 阴影遮住我的前路 |
[49:05] | “At the edge of the future, | 在未来的边缘 |
[49:08] | “what will happen, none can say. | 会发生何事 无人能言 |
[49:11] | “You see only darkness | 逃跑途中 |
[49:14] | “as you ran away. | 只见黑暗 |
[49:16] | “You know now you were sleeping. | 你知道自己入眠 |
[49:19] | And your dreams will turn today.” | 所有梦想今日都将改变” |
[49:29] | It’s going everywhere. | 到处都是 |
[49:31] | Look. | 你看 |
[49:33] | Hey, buddy. | 儿子 |
[49:39] | Is that for me? | 是给我的吗 |
[49:41] | Guess the toy. | 猜猜玩具 |
[49:43] | – I gotta guess the toy? – Yeah. | -我要猜是什么玩具吗 -对 |
[49:44] | Okay, what do you think is in here? | 好 你觉得这里是什么 |
[49:46] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[49:47] | it’s a PlayStation. | 是个游戏机 |
[49:51] | – Look. – Look? | -你看 -看看吗 |
[49:55] | A truck! Oh, my God. | 一辆卡车 天呐 |
[49:58] | A PlayStation can’t fit | 游戏机装不进 |
[50:01] | in that big of a box. | 这个大小的盒子 |
[50:03] | I should have known. You’re right. | 我应该知道 你说得对 |
[50:04] | A PlayStation can’t fit in that big of a box. | 游戏机装不进这个大小的盒子 |
[50:06] | And it can’t fit in that bag either. | 而且也装不进那个袋子 |
[50:09] | And I got it all wrong. | 我都猜错了 |
[50:11] | Yeah. You got the whole thing wrong. | 对 你全都猜错了 |
[50:34] | 8,000 people carried at 8,000 miles. | 八千人带着火炬跑了八千英里 |
[50:36] | That’s pretty encouraging, isn’t it? | 这很振奋人心 对吧 |
[50:37] | Yeah, now a whole bunch of them are profiteering. | 现在只是一群牟取暴利的人 |
[50:40] | They’re selling their torches online | 他们在网上以数千美元的高价 |
[50:42] | for, like, thousands of dollars. | 售卖他们的火炬 |
[50:45] | People, man. | 这就是人 伙计 |
[50:47] | I leave myself in God’s | 我把自己交给上帝 |
[50:48] | and Dr. Duntsch’s hands. | 和邓奇医生 |
[50:51] | – Stiff competition. – Dr. Duntsch. | -好激烈的竞争 -邓奇医生 |
[50:57] | Josh Baker. I’ll be your circulating nurse, sir. | 我叫乔什·贝克 是你的巡回护士 先生 |
[51:01] | You come from Baylor? | 你是贝勒医院的吗 |
[51:02] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[51:08] | You got a hole in your scrubs, sir. | 你的手术服上有个洞 先生 |
[51:13] | You said you’re the circulating nurse, right? | 你刚说你是巡回护士 |
[51:14] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[51:17] | Shouldn’t you be prepping my OR? | 你不该去准备我的手术室吗 |
[51:20] | Absolutely, sir. | 当然 先生 |
[51:21] | Mrs. Keller. I’ll see you on the other side. | 凯勒太太 手术室见 |
[51:25] | Now… | 现在 |
[51:28] | let’s get you up and doing cartwheels. | 让我们帮你站起来做侧手翻吧 |